时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | If you’re looking for Sherlock, he’s downstairs. | 如果你想找夏洛克 他在楼下 |
[00:04] | Okay. | 好的 |
[00:05] | His name is Harlan Emple. | 他的名字叫哈伦·恩珀 |
[00:07] | He is the Rachel P. Hanson professor | 他是哥伦比亚大学应用数学的 |
[00:08] | for applied mathematics at Columbia university. | 瑞秋·P·汉森荣誉教授 |
[00:11] | What I don’t get is why he isn’t wearing a shirt. | 我不明白的是他为什么光着上身 |
[00:14] | He doesn’t like anything to come between him and the numbers. | 他不喜欢任何东西挡在他和数字之间 |
[00:17] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[00:18] | The answers to your questions about kitty. | 这能解答你对凯蒂的疑问 |
[00:20] | The truth is she was a victim of a horrific crime. | 事实是 她曾是一件可怕罪案的受害者 |
[00:23] | After you left last night, | 你昨晚离开后 |
[00:24] | Sherlock gave me an envelope. | 夏洛克给了我一个信封 |
[00:26] | Sherlock keeps saying | 夏洛克总是说 |
[00:27] | that I need to get a better sense of you, | 我需要更加了解你 |
[00:29] | And maybe that will give you a better sense of me. | 也许那些东西能让你更了解我 |
[00:41] | It’s open. | 门开着 |
[00:48] | It’s nothing. It’s Sherlock and one of his experts. | 没事 就是夏洛克和一个专家 |
[00:50] | Which one? | 哪个 |
[00:51] | – Phillip something. – Must be new. | -叫菲利普什么 -肯定是新人 |
[00:54] | He’s a knife-thrower. | 一个扔飞刀的 |
[00:56] | Why does Sherlock have a knife-thrower? | 夏洛克为什么要咨询一个飞刀客 |
[00:58] | He got bored the other day, | 他那天无聊了 |
[01:00] | started looking into this, uh, circus accident from the ’30s. | 就开始查一件三十年代的马戏团意外 |
[01:03] | The great Galardo perforated one of his assistants during an act, | 著名的加拉多在表演中在他助手身上穿了洞 |
[01:08] | except Sherlock thinks the blade was thrown | 但是夏洛克觉得是有人从观众席 |
[01:09] | by somebody in the stands, not Galardo. | 扔了飞刀 而非加拉多 |
[01:11] | Phillip, as far as I can tell, disagrees. | 但目前看来 菲利普并不同意这一看法 |
[01:16] | It can’t be done, okay? | 这是不可能的任务 好吗 |
[01:19] | It was done. | 已经变成了现实 |
[01:20] | You’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[01:20] | Nobody can chuck a knife that far. | 没有人能把刀扔那么远 |
[01:23] | What’s this? | 她是谁 |
[01:24] | You’re… | 你是… |
[01:26] | Not here. I’m not here. | 不在这 我不在这 |
[01:28] | Remember that, okay? | 记住这一点 好吗 |
[01:29] | Oh, yes. Heaven forfend your work | 对 上天保佑你和我的合作 |
[01:30] | with me should endanger your precious day job. | 一定会危害到你宝贵的正职 |
[01:33] | You throw knives? | 你扔飞刀吗 |
[01:35] | You know, it was supposed to be just you here. | 本来应该只有你在场的 |
[01:38] | Phillip is arguably the greatest knife-thrower in the world. | 菲利普据说是世界上最好的飞刀客 |
[01:41] | Has been for decades. | 几十年一直未变 |
[01:42] | Only, there’s little money to be made in the impalement arts. | 只不过这项飞刀手艺赚不到什么钱 |
[01:45] | So, as a youth, he turned to what you americans term “football.” | 所以 他年轻时就跑去玩所谓的”美式足球”了 |
[01:48] | Is this a joke? | 你在说笑吗 |
[01:53] | Phillip, head and heart. | 菲利普 头和心脏 |
[01:55] | – Come on. – Head and heart. | -拜托 -头和心脏 |
[02:06] | – Can I go? – Yeah. | -我能走了吗 -好 |
[02:12] | 15 years he spent throwing that misshapen ball around. | 十五年来他一直在扔那颗奇形怪状的球 |
[02:14] | 15 years. | 十五年 |
[02:16] | When I think of the acclaim he could have brought | 想想他在这么久的时间里 |
[02:17] | to competitive blade slinging. | 本可以在飞刀界获得多少赞誉 |
[02:27] | You’re following me, Watson. | 你在跟着我 华生 |
[02:28] | I don’t like it. | 我可不喜欢 |
[02:30] | I want you to help me with something. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[02:32] | This is Chad Keswick. | 这位是查德·科斯维克 |
[02:33] | He buys distressed buildings, paints, spackles, | 他收购废弃建筑 涂料 填泥料 |
[02:35] | and then flips them for quick money. | 之后重新翻修 大赚一笔 |
[02:37] | Who’d he kill? | 他杀了谁 |
[02:38] | No one. | 他没杀人 |
[02:39] | I was hired by one of his rivals to find out | 我受雇于他的对手 |
[02:41] | why he’s been circling this old office building | 奉命查出他为什么不断巡查 |
[02:42] | in Jamaica, Queens. | 皇后区牙买加区的一栋老办公楼 |
[02:44] | She wants to know why he thinks | 她希望知道 |
[02:45] | the building is a good investment. | 他为什么认为这栋建筑值得投资 |
[02:47] | Is there a crime in there, something worth investigating? | 有发生凶案吗 有值得调查的事件吗 |
[02:49] | Well, I’ve been shadowing Keswick, | 我最近在跟踪科斯维克 |
[02:50] | but yesterday I think he noticed me. | 但在昨天 我觉得他发现我了 |
[02:52] | I want to switch up the tail. | 所以我希望能换人跟他 |
[02:54] | You followed me for over a week before I noticed you. | 你跟了我一个星期我才发现你 |
[02:56] | Help me out, and I’ll cut you in on my fee. | 帮帮我 我给你分成 |
[03:00] | I don’t work for you, I work for Sherlock. | 我不为你工作 我为夏洛克工作 |
[03:02] | I worked for him, too. | 我也曾为他工作 |
[03:03] | And, in my experience, he was always supportive | 就我的经验而言 他总是支持我们 |
[03:05] | of taking on work outside the partnership. | 接受搭档关系之外的工作 |
[03:08] | Sorry, it’s not my cup of tea. | 抱歉 不是我的兴趣所在 |
[03:30] | Hello, Portal Ten. | 你好啊 十号线索 |
[03:44] | I’m here, Belphegor. | 我来了 贝尔芬格 |
[03:46] | So where is the next clue? | 下一条线索在哪里 |
[04:39] | Look, for the last time, I was playing a game! | 我最后说一遍 我在玩解谜游戏 |
[04:43] | Yeah, you called it a puzzle hunt. | 你管它叫解谜游戏 |
[04:45] | Belphegor’s prime. | 贝尔芬格解谜游戏 |
[04:48] | Think Cicada 3301 or Octorine’s challenge. | 就像蝉3301或者奥克托莱因挑战 |
[04:52] | They’re math games. | 都是数学竞赛 |
[04:53] | Math– maybe you’ve heard of it. | 数学 也许你听说过 |
[04:55] | I’ve got some math for you. | 我倒可以给你算一算 |
[04:56] | One dead guy plus one live guy | 一个活人和一个死人 |
[04:58] | found in the same deserted factory. | 在同一间废弃工厂中被发现 |
[05:01] | I was not “found” there; I am the one who called 911. | 我不是”被发现” 是我报的警 |
[05:04] | I was waiting there for the police. | 我在那等警察抵达 |
[05:06] | Mr. Emple, | 恩珀先生 |
[05:07] | We’re just trying to do our jobs, all right? | 我们就是在尽本分 好吗 |
[05:09] | First officers on the scene described you | 第一批抵达现场的警官 |
[05:10] | as “extremely agitated.” | 将你描述为”极度不安” |
[05:12] | Well, of course I was agitated. | 我当然不安了 |
[05:13] | I had just found a dead guy in mothballs! | 我可刚刚发现了一个死人 |
[05:16] | And did I mention that I have not slept in almost two days? | 我跟你说我已经将近两天没睡了吗 |
[05:19] | Because of the math game. | 就因为这场数学竞赛 |
[05:23] | Can I borrow those? | 我能借用一下吗 |
[05:27] | This… | 这个 |
[05:29] | is Belphegor’s prime, okay? | 就是贝尔芬格素数 |
[05:31] | It’s a numeric palindrome. | 这是一个回文数 |
[05:33] | It’s 666 bookended by 13 zeroes and then bracketed with ones. | 666两边都被13个0隔开然后两边尽头各一个1 |
[05:39] | Named for the demon Belphegor who was a prince of hell. | 以地狱王子贝尔芬格的名字命名 |
[05:42] | The first clue for the hunt started making the rounds | 解谜的第一个线索 |
[05:44] | a few months ago. | 几个月之前开始四处流传 |
[05:45] | It was a jpeg with two numbers hidden in it. | 是一张隐藏有两个数字的图片 |
[05:47] | You divide those numbers by Belphegor’s prime, | 你用贝尔芬格质数去除这两个数 |
[05:49] | And you get the GPS coordinates for a restroom at the Bronx zoo. | 你会得到布朗克斯动物园洗手间的地理坐标 |
[05:53] | You go to the restroom, you find a phone number. | 你去洗手间之后 会发现一个电话号码 |
[05:54] | You send a text to the number, you get the next clue. | 给这个号码发送短信 你就能获得下一个线索 |
[05:56] | Which is another math problem. | 下一个线索也是数学问题 |
[05:58] | Exactly. | 对 |
[05:59] | Only, this one is harder. | 不过这个就会难一点 |
[06:00] | And that’s how it works. | 这就是规则 |
[06:02] | You know, but for each one that you solve, | 但是你每解开一个谜题 |
[06:03] | you get a new set of GPS coordinates. | 你就会获得一组地理坐标 |
[06:06] | And that means that you’ve completed a stage, or a portal. | 就意味着你完成了一关 或者获得一个线索 |
[06:09] | And last night, I was on portal ten. | 昨夜 我获得了十号线索 |
[06:11] | And… | 而且… |
[06:16] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[06:16] | I want to talk to Sherlock and Joan. | 我要和夏洛克和乔恩对话 |
[06:18] | Look, Mr. Emple… | 听着 恩珀先生 |
[06:19] | No, I’m sorry. | 不 抱歉 |
[06:20] | I told the police down at the factory that I know them. | 我昨天在工厂已经和警察说了 我认识他们 |
[06:22] | Isn’t that the whole reason | 所以我才会 |
[06:22] | that I was brought here to this squad? | 被带来这个分队 不是吗 |
[06:25] | I-I am not saying another word until they are here. | 除非他们在场 否则我什么都不说了 |
[06:30] | Harlan Emple is indeed an acquaintance. | 哈伦·恩珀确实是我的一位熟人 |
[06:33] | He is, in point of fact, one of my “irregulars.” | 事实上 他是我的”非正规军” |
[06:36] | One of your what? | 你的什么 |
[06:37] | Irregulars. | 非正规军 |
[06:38] | I’m your consultant, captain; they are mine. | 我是你的顾问 他们是我的 |
[06:40] | They’re a handful of experts I turn to | 他们是各领域的专家 |
[06:41] | when I encounter problems which are beyond my pool of knowledge. | 而我会在我的知识不能解答谜题时求助他们 |
[06:44] | Harlan is a brilliant mathematician. | 哈伦是位杰出的数学家 |
[06:46] | And on the handful of occasions I have tackled a case | 当我遇见 |
[06:48] | which pertained to mathematics… | 与数学有关的案件时… |
[06:49] | He helped you out. | 他助你一臂之力 |
[06:50] | Well, the good news | 对他来说 |
[06:51] | for him is the preliminary autopsy report just came in | 好消息是在你们来之前 |
[06:54] | before you got here. | 我们拿到了初步尸检报告 |
[06:55] | And the M.E. puts the time of death | 法医将死亡时间 |
[06:57] | between 4:00 and 6:00 p.m. last night. | 确定在昨昨天傍晚四点到六点之间 |
[06:59] | Mr. Emple was teaching a class at Columbia. | 恩珀先生当时在哥大教课 |
[07:01] | So the victim is yet to be identified? | 所以被害人身份未明 |
[07:04] | No I.D., no phone. | 没有身份证件 没有电话 |
[07:05] | First detective on the scene liked it for a mob hit, | 第一个抵达现场的警探倾向于黑帮暗杀 |
[07:08] | so while we’re running the prints, | 所以我们在这里对比指纹 |
[07:09] | he’s showing the vic’s face around OCID. | 他就去找有组织犯罪情报科辨认被害人照片了 |
[07:12] | Marcus here was about to walk the scene with mr. Emple. | 马库斯正准备让恩珀先生描述一下案发现场 |
[07:14] | You’re here now; you might as well tag along. | 现在你们来了 你们加入吧 |
[07:16] | Actually, captain, I’m quite busy today. | 警监 我今天其实很忙 |
[07:18] | This is a John Doe, and we got nothing. | 这是一具无名男尸 而目前我们没有任何线索 |
[07:20] | And, like you just said, you’re my consultant. | 就像你刚才说的 你是我的顾问 |
[07:22] | So, go consult. | 所以 去问吧 |
[07:28] | Watson. | 华生 |
[07:29] | Um, he’s your friend. | 他是你的朋友 |
[07:30] | Actually, Kitty is otherwise engaged, | 实际上 凯蒂有其他任务在身 |
[07:33] | And he did actually help both of us with a case last year. | 他去年确实帮我们俩破了一件案子 |
[07:35] | Did he not? | 不是吗 |
[07:39] | Have I told you how good it is to see you? | 我有没有告诉你我见到你有多高兴 |
[07:41] | Yes, you have. Three times. | 说了 三次 |
[07:43] | Well, it is. | 确实很高兴 |
[07:44] | Hey, lousy circumstances. | 见面时机很糟 |
[07:46] | But, uh, hey… | 但是 喂 |
[07:47] | I heard from your boss that you just, uh, got back from London. | 我刚听你老板说 你才从伦敦回来 |
[07:49] | Were you working a case or…? | 你是在那边查案还是… |
[07:51] | No, I moved back there. | 不 我搬回去了 |
[07:52] | You mean moved, moved? | 你是说搬家的搬吗 |
[07:54] | Is there another definition? | 还有别的意思吗 |
[07:55] | I was there for eight months, | 我在那里待了八个月 |
[07:56] | and had a change of heart and returned to New York. | 之后又改变主意回了纽约 |
[07:58] | So, you moved to london, and you didn’t, uh… | 所以你搬去伦敦 但你没有… |
[08:01] | You know what? Doesn’t even matter. | 这些都不是事儿 |
[08:02] | The point is you’re back! | 重点是你回来了 |
[08:03] | Mr. Emple. | 恩珀先生 |
[08:04] | Uh, duty calls. | 我有活干了 |
[08:05] | Yeah. | 去吧 |
[08:14] | It’s interesting. | 有意思 |
[08:17] | Mothballs are interesting? | 樟脑球有意思吗 |
[08:18] | They were taken from that cabinet over there. | 它们是从那边的柜子里取出来的 |
[08:20] | Obviously, to cover the smell of John Doe’s decay. | 显然是为了掩盖无名氏尸体腐烂的气味 |
[08:23] | The killer didn’t bring them with him. | 但它们不是凶手带来的 |
[08:25] | Perhaps leaving the body here was not part of his plan, hmm? | 也许把尸体留在这里不在他计划之中 |
[08:30] | Doe was shot in the foot first and then the knee. | 死者先是脚部中枪 然后是膝盖 |
[08:34] | Either those were two really bad misses or… | 这两枪是因为凶手打得不准还是… |
[08:36] | Or the killer was torturing him. | 还是凶手在折磨他 |
[08:40] | This doesn’t seem like anything you can’t handle on your own. | 这不像是你一个人没法处理的案子 |
[08:42] | So you want to tell me why you really asked me to come here? | 你能告诉我你为什么要把我叫来吗 |
[08:44] | “This doesn’t seem like anything you can’t handle on your own.” | “这不像是你一个人没法处理的案子” |
[08:47] | That’s funny. | 真有趣 |
[08:48] | That’s exactly what I would have said | 这刚好是我在知道你找凯蒂帮忙 |
[08:49] | had I been present when you asked kitty for her assistance | 进行你那庸俗的副业工作之后 |
[08:51] | with your tawdry side job. | 该对你说的话 |
[08:53] | “Tawdry”? | 庸俗 |
[08:54] | I wanted you to know I approve. | 我想告诉你我同意了 |
[08:55] | Of what? | 同意什么 |
[08:56] | Your agenda with regards to Kitty. | 你对凯蒂的打算 |
[08:59] | Several days ago, I gave you her file. | 几天前 我给了你她的档案 |
[09:01] | And then you show up at the Brownstone yesterday, | 然后你昨天去了褐石屋 |
[09:02] | and you invite her into an investigation. | 并且邀请她参与调查 |
[09:04] | Coincidence? No, I think not. | 这是巧合吗 我不这么觉得 |
[09:06] | You feel for her. And now you wish to engage. | 你觉得她可怜 现在你想帮她 |
[09:09] | It’s not an outcome I would have predicted, no. | 这不是我预期的结果 |
[09:12] | But it is one I approve of, yeah. | 但我对这个结果很同意 |
[09:15] | She could learn a great deal from you, | 她能从你身上学到很多 |
[09:16] | Especially with regards to how to get the most | 尤其是在如何充分利用我的教导 |
[09:18] | from my tutelage. | 这方面 |
[09:20] | So, I’ve already dispatched her to, uh, follow your Mr. Keswick. | 所以我已经让她去跟踪你的科斯维克先生了 |
[09:24] | But that’s not what I actually… | 但那不是我真正… |
[09:25] | Harlan! | 哈伦 |
[09:28] | You came here to retrieve a phone number, did you not? | 你是来这里追踪一个电话号码的 对吗 |
[09:31] | You would send a text, and then receive | 你应该发一条短信 然后会收到 |
[09:32] | the next clue in the game that you were playing. | 你玩的这个游戏里的下一条线索 |
[09:35] | Yeah, but I didn’t find it. | 对 但是我没找到 |
[09:36] | Not that I kept looking | 那个死人从柜子里 |
[09:37] | after the dead guy fell out of the locker. | 掉出来之后我就没再找了 |
[09:39] | Yeah, CSU didn’t find any number either. | 鉴证组也没有找到什么号码 |
[09:42] | Probably because it’s under that paint. | 也许是因为它在那片油漆下面 |
[09:44] | It’s fresh. | 那是新刷的 |
[09:46] | Applied in the last 24 hours. | 过去二十四小时内刚刷的 |
[09:49] | Right after John Doe’s murder, I’d wager. | 我敢打赌就在那个无名氏死后 |
[09:52] | You don’t think this was a mob hit? | 你觉得这不是一起黑帮行凶案 |
[09:54] | Doe and the killer were playing the game, too. | 死者和凶手也在玩那个游戏 |
[09:56] | The killer shot doe and then covered up the number | 凶手杀了死者然后把号码盖上 |
[09:58] | so no one else could use it. | 这样别人就看不到了 |
[10:00] | What’s the prize in your little contest? | 你们那个小比赛的奖金是多少 |
[10:03] | Well, I’m doing it mostly for the math. | 我主要是为了数学而参加的 |
[10:05] | But, uh, $1,707,071. | 但奖金是1707071美元 |
[10:09] | It’s another palindromic prime. | 这是另一个回文素数 |
[10:12] | Did I not mention the money at the station? | 我在警察局里没提过奖金数额吗 |
[10:15] | Who the hell can afford | 谁能为解谜大赛 |
[10:16] | that kind of payout for a puzzle hunt? | 提供这么多奖金 |
[10:18] | Well, most people think it’s CAML. | 大部分人认为是CAML |
[10:20] | The Center for Applied Mathematics and Logic. | 应用数学及逻辑中心 |
[10:23] | It’s located in Ramapo… | 位于拉玛珀… |
[10:24] | Wait, most people “think” it’s them? | 等等 大部分人”认为”是它 |
[10:26] | Well, hunts like these, | 这样的比赛 |
[10:27] | the organizers are almost always anonymous. | 组织者通常是匿名的 |
[10:29] | It’s S.O.P. | 这是标准操作手法 |
[10:30] | What about the contestants? | 那参与者呢 |
[10:32] | Is anonymity also S.O.P.? | 匿名也是标准操作手法吗 |
[10:35] | For the most part, yeah. | 大部分人是的 |
[10:37] | But, guys, math peeps are my peeps, okay? | 但数学圈可是我的圈子 |
[10:41] | It’s, uh, like a community, sort of. | 这有点像一个小社群 |
[10:44] | I can think of ten or 12 other people | 我能想出十几个可能 |
[10:46] | who were probably competing. | 跟我一同参加比赛的人 |
[10:47] | Would that help? | 这能帮上忙吗 |
[10:52] | No. | 不 |
[10:54] | I’m sorry, I don’t know him. | 抱歉 我不认识他 |
[10:56] | But you admit you were competing in Belphegor’s Prime. | 但你承认你也参加了贝尔芬格解谜大赛 |
[10:58] | I do. | 是的 |
[11:03] | Pepe! | 佩佩 |
[11:06] | Sorry. He doesn’t like strangers. | 抱歉 它不喜欢陌生人 |
[11:10] | Give him one of these. | 给它一块这个 |
[11:12] | Get on his good side. | 它就会喜欢你了 |
[11:22] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[11:26] | I’m just verifying that you’ve been lying to us. | 我只是在证实你在对我们说谎 |
[11:29] | You did know the dead man, did you not? | 你认识死者 不是吗 |
[11:32] | I reviewed his personal effects at the morgue earlier. | 我之前在停尸间检查了他的遗物 |
[11:35] | The coroner reported finding crumbs in one of his pockets. | 验尸官说在他的口袋里发现了饼干屑 |
[11:37] | I tasted one. | 我尝了一下 |
[11:38] | Why would you…? | 你为什么会… |
[11:39] | At first, I thought they were from | 一开始 我以为它们来自于 |
[11:40] | a particularly rancid brand of cheese, | 一种特殊品牌的臭奶酪 |
[11:42] | But, no… they’re from one of Pepe’s treats. | 但不是 它们来自于佩佩的零食 |
[11:46] | Homemade? | 家里自制的 |
[11:48] | Harlan was able to give us the names of nine other people | 哈伦给了我们他认为在参加比赛的 |
[11:50] | he believed to be other competitors. | 另外九个人的名字 |
[11:52] | Our colleagues are investigating them as we speak, | 我们说话这会儿警察正在调查他们 |
[11:54] | but I’ll quite happily recommend that the NYPD | 但我会很高兴地建议纽约警察局 |
[11:55] | focus its attention entirely on you. | 把注意力集中到你身上 |
[12:02] | His name was Ike Walaczek. | 他叫艾克·沃拉泽科 |
[12:04] | In another lifetime, he was my boyfriend. | 在另一个世界里 他是我的男朋友 |
[12:07] | And what of this lifetime? | 那在这个世界里呢 |
[12:09] | We were working together. | 我们一起合作 |
[12:10] | On Belphegor’s. | 参加贝尔芬格解谜大赛 |
[12:12] | What?! | 什么 |
[12:12] | He was a numerical analyst at the Tory foundation. | 他曾是保守党基金会的数据分析师 |
[12:15] | I work mostly in combinatorics. | 我做得更多的是组合学 |
[12:16] | I thought we would make a good team. | 我觉得我们会组成一个好团队 |
[12:17] | But there aren’t supposed to be teams. | 但不应该有团队 |
[12:19] | Not in a puzzle hunt. It’s bad form. | 解谜大赛里不该有 这是不对的 |
[12:21] | Harlan… | 哈伦… |
[12:21] | I’m just saying… | 我只是说说… |
[12:23] | My husband wouldn’t understand, | 我丈夫不会理解的 |
[12:25] | so I decided I wouldn’t tell him until after we won the money. | 所以我决定拿到奖金之后再告诉他 |
[12:28] | A team– so that’s how you got there before me. | 组队参赛 所以你们才会赶在我前面 |
[12:31] | I wasn’t there. | 我没去 |
[12:32] | Tom and I were out of town until this morning. | 我和汤姆今早才回城里 |
[12:34] | His cousin was getting married in Hawaii. | 他的表亲在夏威夷举办婚礼 |
[12:36] | That’s why Ike went to the coordinates by himself. | 所以艾克一个人去了那个坐标位置 |
[12:38] | Because I couldn’t. | 因为我没法去 |
[12:42] | These are pictures I took. | 这些是我拍的照片 |
[12:44] | Check the dates. | 看看日期 |
[12:47] | You gave the police nine other names? | 你给了警方另外九个名字 |
[12:49] | People you thought were competing? | 你觉得会参与竞争的人 |
[12:51] | I’ve got 16. | 我有十六个 |
[12:52] | And I know they were competing. | 而且我知道他们在参赛 |
[12:57] | He talked to her outside the Jamaica Property | 他在牙买加区那栋楼外面 |
[12:59] | for about 20 minutes, and then this truck rolled up. | 跟她聊了二十分钟 然后这俩货车开走了 |
[13:04] | Any idea what’s inside the crate? | 知道那个木箱里有什么吗 |
[13:05] | Nope. | 不知道 |
[13:06] | I can’t identify the woman either. | 我也不知道那个女人是谁 |
[13:08] | Everything about her said money though. | 但她的一切都散发着钱臭 |
[13:11] | She, Keswick and the mystery box | 她和科斯维克还有那个神秘的箱子 |
[13:13] | stayed inside the building for about three hours, | 在楼里待了差不多三个小时 |
[13:15] | And then off they went. | 然后他们就走了 |
[13:19] | Good. | 很好 |
[13:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:22] | You know where to send the check. | 你知道把支票寄到哪 |
[13:25] | You haven’t asked me about the file sherlock gave me. | 你还没问过夏洛克给我的那个档案 |
[13:28] | Why would I? | 我为什么要问 |
[13:30] | You said it would give me a better sense of you– it did. | 你说它会让我更了解你 确实是 |
[13:35] | That’s why you asked for my help. | 你就是因为这个才找我帮忙的 |
[13:38] | Because you felt sorry for me. | 因为你同情我 |
[13:40] | No. | 不 |
[13:42] | You just don’t seem interested in anything | 你只是看起来对除了当侦探之外的事 |
[13:44] | outside of becoming a detective. | 都不感兴趣 |
[13:47] | There she is. | 又来了 |
[13:49] | The old counselor. | 曾经的咨询师 |
[13:51] | Who used to hold Sherlock’s hand. | 那个曾经握着夏洛克的手的人 |
[13:56] | Everything that you read, | 你读到的那些东西 |
[13:57] | everything that happened to me, that’s all it is. | 发生在我身上的事情 就是既定事实 |
[14:00] | It’s just something that happened. | 一些陈年旧事 |
[14:03] | And it’s all in the past now. | 而且都已经成为了过去 |
[14:06] | So let’s just leave it there, shall we? | 就让我们把它留在过去吧 好吗 |
[14:21] | Hello. | 喂 |
[14:22] | You’ve had sex. | 你刚有过性行为 |
[14:24] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[14:25] | I can hear it in your voice. | 我能从你的声音里听出来 |
[14:26] | You’ve joined paunches. | 你们有过肌肤之亲 |
[14:28] | Good for you, watson. | 对你有好处 华生 |
[14:29] | As you know, I think the act of love | 要知道 我觉得爱的行为 |
[14:30] | can be quite conducive to… | 可能会非常有益于… |
[14:31] | What do you want? | 你想怎样 |
[14:33] | Merely to apprise you of a new development | 只是通知你一项 |
[14:34] | in the murder of Ike Walaczek. | 艾克·沃拉泽科谋杀案的新进展 |
[14:36] | As I informed you yesterday, | 正如我昨天告诉你的 |
[14:38] | Harlan and I were given a new list of competitors. | 哈伦和我收到了一份新的竞争对手名单 |
[14:40] | One name left out, Byron Lowenthal. | 有个此前被忽略的名字 拜伦·洛温塔尔 |
[14:43] | He’s a statistician at the public utilities commission, | 他是公共事业委员会的统计员 |
[14:46] | and a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic. | 也是确诊的妄想型精神分裂症患者 |
[14:48] | He’s been hospitalized for becoming violent | 他因至少在三个场合出现过暴力行为 |
[14:50] | on no fewer than three occasions. | 进了精神病院 |
[14:51] | Certainly sounds like it could be our guy. | 听起来确实像我们要找的人 |
[14:54] | Unfortunately, Mr. Lowenthal had another break earlier this year. | 很不幸 洛温塔尔先生今年早些时候又发作了 |
[14:57] | He’s been staying in a transient hotel ever since. | 后来就一直待在一家临时旅馆里 |
[15:00] | Detective Bell and I are going to speak with him. | 我和贝尔警探会去跟他聊聊 |
[15:02] | You want me to meet you? | 你想让我一起去吗 |
[15:03] | Oh, no, we’re already here. | 不用 我们已经到了 |
[15:05] | Anyway, now that I know that you’ve enjoyed coitus | 总之 现在我知道你享受了性交 |
[15:06] | and could enjoy more in the near future… | 以后还可能享受更多… |
[15:08] | When you’re done, we need to talk. | 等你们办完事 我们得谈谈 |
[15:12] | Byron Lowenthal, you in there? | 拜伦·洛温塔尔 你在吗 |
[15:15] | Who is it? | 谁啊 |
[15:16] | It’s Detective Bell, NYPD. | 我是贝尔警探 纽约警局的 |
[15:17] | My colleague and I would like to ask you some questions. | 我和我的同事想问您几个问题 |
[15:21] | Let me get some pants on. | 等我先穿上裤子 |
[15:35] | S-sorry, I just… I, um… | 抱歉 我… |
[15:38] | I-I thought I heard Mr. Lowenthal retr… | 我以为我听到洛温塔尔先生在拿… |
[16:14] | You guys got lucky. | 你们运气真好 |
[16:16] | Well, luck had little to do with it, actually. | 其实这可不关运气的事 |
[16:17] | I… I heard Mr. Lowenthal | 我听到洛温塔尔先生 |
[16:19] | pulling a heavy object off a shelf, placing it on his bed, | 从架子上抽出了一个很重的东西 放在了他床上 |
[16:22] | and the sound of the zipper indicated | 而且拉链的声音表明 |
[16:23] | that it was a large gun case. | 那是个很大的枪袋 |
[16:24] | Looks like he was sane enough to do math, but not much else. | 看来他足够清醒能研究数学 但其他就不行了 |
[16:28] | Plus, he was pretty hopped up. | 而且 他磕了很多药 |
[16:29] | Caffeine pills, energy drinks, | 咖啡因药丸 功能饮料 |
[16:31] | pretty much every legal stimulant you can buy. | 能合法买到的兴奋剂他差不多都嗑了 |
[16:33] | Plus a few illegal ones. | 另外还有些非法的 |
[16:35] | Hmm. Obviously, he was keeping himself awake | 显然 他在让自己保持清醒 |
[16:37] | so he could work on Belphegor’s. | 好让自己能专注于贝尔芬格解谜大赛 |
[16:39] | This… is obvious to you? | 你一看就知道这是什么了吗 |
[16:42] | I confess the maths are beyond me, | 我承认数学不是我的专长 |
[16:43] | but I took the liberty of sending pictures of what | 但我擅做主张 |
[16:45] | appear to be Mr. Lowenthal’s most recent scribbles | 把洛温塔尔先生近期的这些涂鸦 |
[16:47] | to Harlan Emple, and he’s confirmed | 拍照发给了哈伦·林珀 他确认 |
[16:49] | they are part of the contest. | 这些是比赛中的内容 |
[16:50] | With your permission, I’d like copies of these | 你允许的话 我想把这些复印几份 |
[16:52] | sent to my home so he can review them. | 发送到我家 好让他看看 |
[16:54] | What for? | 为什么 |
[16:55] | If Byron Lowenthal did kill Ike Walaczek, | 如果拜伦·洛温塔尔真杀了艾克·沃拉泽科 |
[16:57] | then he used and obscured a phone number, | 那他肯定用过并掩盖了电话号码 |
[16:59] | which would have yielded the next problem. | 于是就会产生另一个问题 |
[17:01] | That problem’s solution would be GPS coordinates. | 而这问题的答案就是GPS坐标 |
[17:04] | If he’s recorded them in his books… | 如果他在书中有记录… |
[17:05] | Your pal will be able to tell us where he’s headed next. | 你的朋友就能告诉我们他接下来要去哪 |
[17:08] | I’ll get our guys to give you whatever you need. | 我会让我的人全力满足你们的需要 |
[17:12] | Scans are still coming through, | 扫描件还在陆续传过来 |
[17:14] | But I’ve put what we’ve got so far up on the wall. | 但我已经把目前有的都贴在墙上了 |
[17:16] | Sherlock said that you prefer it that way. | 夏洛克说你喜欢这种方式 |
[17:18] | Picked it up from him, actually. | 这其实是跟他学的 |
[17:20] | Makes me feel like I’m really inside of the problem. | 能让我觉得自己真正融入到了问题之中 |
[17:25] | I’ll, uh, let you know if I need anything. | 有需要的话我会告诉你的 |
[17:29] | Oh, I work without a shirt. | 我工作时习惯不穿上衣 |
[17:30] | Sometimes makes me feel closer to the numbers. | 有时会让我觉得跟那些数字更贴近 |
[17:34] | You’ll need to, uh, check the printer in the study | 你记得去看看书房的打印机 |
[17:37] | for more pages. | 还有资料传过来 |
[17:38] | Uh, this is nice, you know? | 这样真好 你知道吗 |
[17:40] | Meeting another member of the team. | 跟团队里的另一个成员见面 |
[17:42] | You know, team Sherlock. | 就是 夏洛克的团队 |
[17:44] | You help him, I help him… | 你帮他做事 我也帮他做事 |
[17:46] | Obviously, you haven’t tackled a case | 很明显 你们共事以来 |
[17:48] | with high-order math since you started working with him, | 还没能用高等数学破过任何案子吧 |
[17:50] | or we would’ve… | 不然我们… |
[17:53] | What? | 怎么了 |
[17:54] | What? | 什么怎么了 |
[17:55] | Wait… | 等等… |
[17:56] | Have you worked a case with high-order math? | 你们用高等数学破过案吗 |
[17:59] | You have, haven’t you? | 你们破过 是吧 |
[18:02] | Does it matter? | 很重要吗 |
[18:02] | Of course it… | 当然重… |
[18:04] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[18:06] | Did he fire me? | 他解雇我了吗 |
[18:07] | All I know is that back in London, | 我只知道在伦敦时 |
[18:09] | we worked a case that involved Fibonacci Spirals… | 我们办过一件案子 跟斐波那契螺旋线有关 |
[18:12] | He fired me. | 他解雇我了 |
[18:13] | …and he called some woman named Indira Patel. | 他找了一个叫英迪拉·帕特尔的女人帮忙 |
[18:17] | She’s at Berkeley. | 她在伯克利大学 |
[18:18] | I’m three time zones closer! | 我可比她近三个时区 |
[18:20] | You’re here now. | 可现在你在这里 |
[18:22] | Sure, because I found a dead body. | 当然 那是因为我发现了一具尸体 |
[18:25] | I have to go; I have to run some errands for Sherlock. | 我得走了 我得去帮夏洛克办点事 |
[18:31] | I-I don’t know what was in the crate, | 我不知道木箱里装了什么 |
[18:32] | but the stenciling on the side indicates | 但边缘的镂花涂装表明 |
[18:34] | It came from one of the SUNY schools. | 它来自纽约州立大学的某个学院 |
[18:36] | I put another detective on Keswick, because I had to… | 我派另一名警探去查科斯维克了 我得… |
[18:38] | Don’t kill me, I had to use your razor to shave. | 别杀我 我不得不用你的剃刀刮胡子 |
[18:40] | I… | 我… |
[18:42] | You must be Andrew. | 你一定是安德鲁了 |
[18:44] | Sherlock Holmes. | 我是夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[18:46] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[18:48] | Joan said you were coming; I… I forgot. | 乔恩说过你要来 我忘了 |
[18:51] | It’s not how I wanted to meet you. | 我可没想以这种方式跟你见面 |
[18:52] | She said you can tell a lot about people | 她说你只要看看别人 |
[18:53] | just by looking at them. | 就能了解很多相关的事 |
[18:54] | I swear, I… usually wear pants. | 我发誓 我平时是会穿裤子的 |
[18:57] | Well, in my experience, | 根据我的经验 |
[18:58] | most people need only be concerned, | 大多数人都不必太担心 |
[18:59] | I won’t notice anything worth remarking upon. | 我没看到任何值得评论的事 |
[19:03] | Watson seems adequately sexed. | 华生看起来得到了充分的性满足 |
[19:08] | I was just introducing myself. | 我只是自我介绍了一下 |
[19:13] | I’ve got that thing. I’ll see you tonight. | 我还有点事 今晚见 |
[19:15] | Okay. | 好 |
[19:22] | Your home, Watson… | 你的家 华生 |
[19:24] | It’s utterly pleasant. | 非常舒适 |
[19:27] | You say that like it’s a bad thing. | 你这语气好像这是什么坏事一样 |
[19:29] | When you told me you wanted a life of your own, | 以前你跟我说你想要自己的生活时 |
[19:30] | I didn’t realize that you meant you wanted | 我没想到你的意思是 |
[19:31] | the same life everyone else has. | 你想要跟其他人并无二致的生活 |
[19:33] | But at any rate, none of my business, is it? | 但不管怎样 这与我无关 对吧 |
[19:34] | It’s not. And I didn’t ask you here | 对 而且我找你来 |
[19:36] | to talk about my apartment. | 不是让你评价我的公寓的 |
[19:38] | No, you asked me here to discuss Kitty. | 对 你找我来是要聊凯蒂的事 |
[19:40] | If she were not the topic of conversation, | 如果不是要聊她 |
[19:42] | then you wouldn’t have invited me to your home, | 你就没必要邀请我到你家来了 |
[19:43] | where there’s no chance she’ll be present. | 只有在这里 她才不会跟来 |
[19:47] | She disappointed you in some way. | 她在某种程度上让你失望了 |
[19:49] | Skills not up to snuff? | 技巧还不熟练吗 |
[19:50] | Please remember she is a novice. | 请记住 她还是个新手 |
[19:52] | Actually, she did a great job. | 说实话 她已经干得很不错了 |
[19:54] | But I have some concerns. | 但我有一些担心 |
[19:55] | I thought we could talk about them. | 我想我们可以聊聊 |
[19:58] | You think that Kitty needs help | 你觉得凯蒂需要的帮助 |
[19:59] | above and beyond my mentorship. | 是我的教导提供不了的 |
[20:01] | You read the same file I did. | 我看过的档案你也看了 |
[20:02] | She’s a rape victim. | 她是强奸案受害者 |
[20:04] | She was kept and tortured. | 她被软禁 被虐待过 |
[20:08] | 意闻项目 帮助性创伤幸存者 | |
[20:12] | You know me, so surely you know | 你了解我 所以你肯定知道 |
[20:14] | I’ve broached the subject of a support group meeting before. | 我以前提过参加互助小组的事 |
[20:17] | Even offered to pay for therapy. | 甚至提出帮她缴纳治疗费用 |
[20:20] | She’s not interested, I know. | 她没兴趣 我知道 |
[20:21] | Just as you also know | 就像你也知道 |
[20:23] | someone with a problem can’t be forced to get help. | 不能强迫有问题的人接受帮助 |
[20:25] | They have to want it. | 得他们自己有意愿才行 |
[20:27] | What Kitty wants is to be a detective. | 凯蒂想要成为一名侦探 |
[20:31] | I am taking pains to try and channel | 我在费尽心思试图引导她 |
[20:33] | her residual feelings into her work. | 将仅存的受害者情绪投入到工作中去 |
[20:37] | Well, that works out great for you. | 好吧 这办法对你很有效 |
[20:42] | You told me that you took on a partner | 你告诉我你找了个搭档 |
[20:43] | because you wanted to replicate what you and I had. | 是因为你想复制我和你之间的关系 |
[20:45] | That you thought it helped with your recovery. | 你觉得这会有助于你的恢复 |
[20:48] | You think I would try and take advantage | 你以为我会试图去利用 |
[20:50] | of the victim of a trauma? | 一个受过创伤的受害者吗 |
[20:51] | Of course not, but there is a conflict of interest here. | 当然不是 但这里会有些利益冲突 |
[20:54] | She needs what she needs, but you need what you need, too. | 她有她的需求 你也有你的需求 |
[21:01] | It’s-it’s good that you’re in her life now, Watson. | 你现在出现在她生命中是好事 华生 |
[21:05] | I mean, it’s commonly believed that, um, | 我是说 人们普遍认为 |
[21:07] | a child benefits mostly from the presence of two parents. | 在父母双方参与的情况下孩子受益最大 |
[21:11] | He… or she, in this case… can absorb certain qualities | 他或她 在这种情况下 可以继承 |
[21:14] | from the father… clear-eyed view of the world, | 父亲的很多优点 比如明智的世界观 |
[21:16] | capacity of rational thought, etcetera. | 理性思维的能力 等等 |
[21:18] | They can also absorb certain qualities from the mother. | 他们也可以继承母亲的许多优点 |
[21:20] | Excuse me, but I am not Kitty’s mother, | 不好意思 我可不是凯蒂的母亲 |
[21:22] | and she sure as hell is not our child. | 她也绝不是咱俩的孩子 |
[21:24] | You brought her here; she looks up to you. | 你把她带到这里 她敬重你 |
[21:26] | She says that she doesn’t need help, fine. | 她说她不需要帮助 没问题 |
[21:28] | but you know better. | 但你该更清楚 |
[21:30] | And you’re gonna have to be the one that tells her. | 并且应该由你来告诉她 |
[21:35] | It’s Harlan. | 是哈伦 |
[21:36] | Making progress with the maths. | 他在数学问题上有进展了 |
[21:42] | We thought that Byron and Ike | 我们之前以为拜伦和艾克 |
[21:43] | arrived at Portal Ten simultaneously. | 是同时找到十号线索的 |
[21:46] | That would’ve meant that they were doing all the same math | 那意味着他们基本上是同时 |
[21:48] | at essentially the same time. | 在思考相同的数学问题 |
[21:49] | Only, the math you found at Byron’s place | 但你在拜伦那儿发现的数学问题 |
[21:51] | says that’s wrong. | 并非如此 |
[21:52] | He was one step behind Ike. | 他落后艾克一步 |
[21:53] | Are you proposing he did not kill Mr. Walaczek? | 你是在说沃拉泽科先生不是他杀的吗 |
[21:55] | I don’t know, but that’s not the weirdest part. | 我也不知道 但那还不是最奇怪的部分 |
[21:58] | Byron was obsessive. | 拜伦很偏执 |
[21:59] | He time-stamped almost everything he did. | 他会把自己所做的所有事都记录时间 |
[22:01] | He only solved the Portal Nine problem, | 他只解开了九号线索的问题 |
[22:03] | the same problem that sent me to that old factory last night. | 就是昨晚把我带到旧工厂的那个问题 |
[22:06] | But get this– | 但听好了 |
[22:07] | he wasn’t given the same problem as me. | 他得到的问题和我的并不一样 |
[22:09] | And so it would’ve yielded GPS coordinates | 因此这个答案会产生 |
[22:11] | for an entirely different location. | 一个完全不同的坐标地点 |
[22:14] | The person in charge of the game changed the clue | 在警方发现了艾克的尸体后 |
[22:16] | after the police found Ike’s body. | 游戏设计者修改了线索 |
[22:18] | Well, he had to, right? | 他必须这么做 是吧 |
[22:21] | If he hadn’t, he would be sending other competitors | 如果不这样 其他参与游戏的人 |
[22:23] | to an active crime scene. | 就会被他引到案发现场了 |
[22:24] | The important thing is | 重点是 |
[22:25] | I figured out the coordinates | 我找到了 |
[22:26] | to the second location. | 第二处的坐标地点 |
[22:27] | I know where Byron went. | 我知道拜伦去了哪儿 |
[22:31] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[22:32] | You’re saying he time-stamped everything. | 你说他会记录所有事的时间 |
[22:33] | I’m looking at the time he received his clues. | 我在找他收到线索的时间 |
[22:35] | It’s all there, to the second, but what does that have to do… | 都在这儿 精确到秒 但这有什么意义呢 |
[22:38] | What if you hadn’t found a body? | 要是你没有发现尸体呢 |
[22:39] | If the game had proceeded as planned, | 要是游戏照常进行下去呢 |
[22:41] | what were you meant to do there? | 你当时到那儿之后会怎么办 |
[22:42] | I would have sent a text to the phone number, | 我会给那个电话号码发信息 |
[22:44] | the one that the killer painted over, and then I would have | 就是那个凶手用油漆掩盖的号码 然后 |
[22:46] | gotten a message back with the next problem. | 我会收到下一个问题的信息 |
[22:48] | There’s an extra step in there. | 这里多出了一个步骤 |
[22:49] | Why all this rigmarole with phone numbers and texts? | 为什么还要用电话号码和信息呢 |
[22:51] | Why not just post the problem itself at the factory? | 为什么不直接在工厂里留下一个问题 |
[22:54] | I don’t know, it’s just the way the game is played. | 我不知道 游戏的规则就是这么玩的 |
[22:57] | They’re for an old industrial area in Queens. | 坐标是皇后区的一个工业地带 |
[22:59] | You’re welcome for finding your suspect. | 不用谢我帮你找到了嫌疑犯 |
[23:01] | If I’m right, Harlan, what you’ve found… | 如果我没错的话 哈伦 你发现的 |
[23:04] | is the site of another murder. | 是另一起谋杀案的现场 |
[23:06] | Byron Lowenthal’s. | 死者是拜伦·洛温塔尔 |
[23:11] | You were right, Lowenthal’s dead. | 你是对的 洛温塔尔死了 |
[23:13] | He was shot in the foot, then the knee. | 他被射中脚部 然后是膝盖 |
[23:16] | Just like Ike Wallaczek. | 和艾克·沃拉泽科一样 |
[23:17] | I’m, uh, gonna look over here now. | 我去那边看看 |
[23:21] | Well, we think the perp was pulling the body | 我们认为凶手应该是 |
[23:24] | to a car that was parked over there. | 把尸体拖到了停在那边的一辆车旁 |
[23:26] | Then he just left him here. | 然后就把他扔在这儿了 |
[23:29] | Probably afraid he’d been spotted. | 估计是害怕有人看到他 |
[23:30] | There’s a lot of homeless in the area. | 这一带有很多流浪汉 |
[23:36] | Question is: | 那么问题来了 |
[23:37] | how’d you know Lowenthal was the next victim | 你怎么知道洛温塔尔是下一个被害人 |
[23:40] | and not the killer? | 而并非凶手呢 |
[23:44] | Well, that’s quite simple, really. | 非常简单 |
[23:46] | The game is directing its players to remote locales, | 游戏会把参与者引至偏僻的地点 |
[23:49] | and then instructing them to send a text message | 然后指示他们发信息 |
[23:51] | indicating their presence. | 表示自己已经抵达 |
[23:53] | I suspect the killer wanted to remove the body | 我猜凶手想要移走尸体 |
[23:54] | so he could keep this new location “in play,” so to speak. | 以便此处能够”继续”他的游戏 |
[23:58] | Still missing the “simple” part. | 我还是不明白为何”非常简单” |
[24:01] | The late Mr. Lowenthal | 已故的洛温塔尔先生 |
[24:02] | received his final clue | 收到他最后的线索是在 |
[24:03] | after Harlan discovered Ike Wallaczek’s body, | 哈伦找到了艾克·沃拉泽科的尸体之后 |
[24:05] | but before news of the killing had reached the media. | 但这是在媒体得到谋杀案的消息之前 |
[24:08] | That means the game’s designer | 这意味着游戏设计者 |
[24:09] | knew the location had been compromised. | 知道这个地点已经暴露 |
[24:12] | And the only way that he could have known that, | 他知道这件事的唯一方式 |
[24:13] | at the time that he knew it, | 在消息公开前就知道 |
[24:15] | was if he, himself, was the killer. | 就是他本人是凶手 |
[24:18] | Belphegor’s Prime is not a treasure hunt. | 贝尔芬格解谜大赛并非寻宝游戏 |
[24:21] | It’s a trap. | 而是一个陷阱 |
[24:33] | Better? | 好点了吗 |
[24:34] | False alarm. | 什么都没吐出来 |
[24:37] | But I still feel a little queasy. | 但我还是觉得有点反胃 |
[24:43] | This new dead guy– | 这个新的死者 |
[24:44] | your friend said that he was tortured, too, right? | 你朋友说他也被折磨过 对吧 |
[24:47] | Right before the killer tried to abscond with his corpse. | 就在凶手准备移走他的尸体之前 |
[24:50] | I assume he intended to take | 我猜测他也准备移走 |
[24:51] | Ike Wallaczek away with him as well, only Ike was too large. | 艾克·沃拉泽科的尸体 但艾克体型太大 |
[24:54] | A speedy mothballing was the best he could do. | 他只好用樟脑丸将他快速封存 |
[24:57] | So, just to recap, | 回顾一下 |
[24:59] | I’ve spent the last few months of my life | 我用了几个月的时间参与的这个游戏 |
[25:02] | playing a game that was designed to kill me. | 其实是设计出来谋杀我的 |
[25:06] | Got to be a metaphor in there somewhere, right? | 这里面总有点隐喻吧 |
[25:08] | I think the word you’re looking for is “moral.” | 我认为你想说的词是”寓意” |
[25:11] | There is a moral in there: games are for idiots. | 确实有个寓意 游戏都是给傻瓜玩的 |
[25:16] | Breaking news from Ramapo. | 拉马波那儿传来了让人意外的消息 |
[25:19] | Kitty reports the Center for Applied Mathematics and Logic | 凯蒂说应用数学和逻辑中心 |
[25:21] | is not the sponsor of Belphegor’s Prime. | 并非贝尔芬格解谜大赛的主办方 |
[25:24] | Then it’s got to be a serial killer, right? | 那肯定是一个连环杀手发起的 对吧 |
[25:26] | Someone who’s obsessed with mathematicians? | 一个对数学家有执念的人 |
[25:30] | Perhaps he was bullied by mathematicians as a child. | 可能他小时候被数学家欺负过 |
[25:32] | Or mathematicians killed his parents. | 或者数学家杀害了他的双亲 |
[25:34] | I’m being serious. | 我是认真的 |
[25:36] | Serial killers who devise elaborate death traps | 连环杀手精心设计出死亡陷阱 |
[25:38] | are the stuff of pulp fiction. | 这是低俗小说里的桥段 |
[25:40] | And besides, with respect to these murders, | 而且就这些谋杀而言 |
[25:42] | there are none of the elaborations | 凶手算不上 |
[25:43] | which mark that sort of culprit. | 是精心设计 |
[25:46] | If anything, I would describe the work as businesslike. | 非要说的话 只能形容为有条不紊 |
[25:49] | Then it’s the government. | 那一定是政府干的 |
[25:50] | I mean, the-the game was some sort of test to weed out people | 这个游戏是用来除掉那些 |
[25:53] | who could weaponize math. | 能够将数学应用于武器中的人 |
[25:55] | The American intelligence apparatus may be clod-like, | 美国的情报机构或许是很蠢 |
[25:57] | but I think they would do a better job | 但我认为他们至少有能力 |
[25:58] | of disposing of two bodies, don’t you? | 更妥善地处理掉两具尸体 你说呢 |
[26:03] | Watson? | 华生 |
[26:04] | I just heard from one of the suspects | 马库斯和我昨天询问过的一个嫌疑人 |
[26:06] | Marcus and I talked to yesterday, | 提供了新的线索 |
[26:07] | another puzzle-hunter. | 他也参与了解谜游戏 |
[26:08] | Tell me he confessed to the murders. | 告诉我他承认了谋杀 |
[26:10] | We ruled him out right away, but he heard about | 我们当时很快排除了他的嫌疑 但他在新闻里 |
[26:12] | Byron Lowenthal’s murder on the news and wanted me to know | 听说了拜伦·洛温塔尔的谋杀 并告诉我 |
[26:15] | he’s at a friend’s place, some guy named Paul. | 他当时在一个朋友家里 那人叫保罗 |
[26:18] | That is fascinating. | 真是天大的好消息 |
[26:19] | Actually, it might be. | 实际上很有可能 |
[26:20] | Paul is positive he knows who the killer is. | 保罗很确信知道凶手是谁 |
[26:24] | I know the guards are a bit much, | 我知道警卫安排得有点多了 |
[26:26] | but I wanted everyone to feel safe. | 但我希望大家能有安全感 |
[26:28] | And, besides, math has been good to me. | 而且 数学对我一直不薄 |
[26:30] | Commodities. | 期货交易 |
[26:32] | So, you and your friends, | 所以你和你的朋友 |
[26:33] | you were competitors in Belphegor’s Prime? | 都是贝尔芬格解谜大赛的参与者吗 |
[26:35] | Most of us. Some of the others are just here for the math. | 大部分是 其余一些是来研究数学的 |
[26:38] | You said you could identify the killer. | 你说你知道凶手是谁 |
[26:40] | I can, sort of. | 差不多吧 |
[26:45] | “Mo Shellshocker.” | 摩·夏尔舒克 |
[26:47] | It’s a pseudonym, obviously, but I’m telling you, | 显然这是个假名 但我告诉你 |
[26:49] | this is the guy you’re looking for. | 他就是你们想要找的人 |
[26:51] | I’ve heard of him. | 我听说过他 |
[26:51] | He uses his blog to expose bad math. | 他用博客揭露用数学来作恶的人 |
[26:54] | Corrupt economists, biased pollsters, that sort of thing. | 腐败的经济学家 不公正的民调专家等等 |
[26:56] | He’s actually sort of a crusader. | 他算是个圣骑士 |
[26:58] | He’s a murderer. | 他是杀人凶手 |
[26:59] | How can you be so sure? | 为什么你这么肯定 |
[27:01] | When he isn’t crusading, he’s competing in puzzle hunts. | 在惩恶扬善之余 他也参加解谜大赛 |
[27:03] | A few months ago, | 几个月前 |
[27:04] | he claimed to have solved | 他宣称自己连续两年 |
[27:05] | Cicada 3301 two years in a row. | 解出了蝉3301的数字难题 |
[27:07] | Some people called BS, including… | 但有些人并不认同 其中包括 |
[27:10] | Ike Wallaczek and Byron Lowenthal. | 艾克·沃拉泽科和拜伦·洛温塔尔 |
[27:12] | “WallaCheckYourMath,” | “沃拉检查你的数学” |
[27:13] | “ByLow2020.” | “拜洛2020” |
[27:14] | Those are their online handles. | 这些是他们的网名 |
[27:16] | Their friends will confirm it. | 他们的朋友会证实的 |
[27:17] | A flame war does not a murderer make. | 互联网上的激烈争论并不会导致谋杀 |
[27:20] | The stuff these guys were slinging at each other was ugly. | 他们之间的口舌之争非常激烈 |
[27:22] | Mo knew they were into hunts, and so he built one | “摩”知道他们肯定会参与解谜大赛 因此 |
[27:24] | that would send them to places where he could kill them. | 他设计了一次大赛 把他们引过去然后杀害 |
[27:26] | That’s what we’re doing here is | 我们现在 |
[27:27] | we’re just sifting through all the math | 正在筛选所有这几年 |
[27:29] | he’s posted on his blog over the years, | 他在博客上发表过的数学问题 |
[27:30] | to see if we could find his signature | 看看能否找出任何蛛丝马迹 |
[27:32] | or something that could identify him. | 帮助我们找到他的身份 |
[27:34] | If two people weren’t dead, we’d probably be having fun. | 要不是两个人死了 我们还算玩得挺开心的 |
[27:38] | But still, the chances that he left | 但是他在数学问题中 |
[27:39] | something like that in his math… | 留下他个人信息的可能性… |
[27:40] | If it’s there, we’ll find it. In the meantime, | 如果有的话 我们会找到的 同时 |
[27:43] | we thought the police should know | 我们认为警察应该了解 |
[27:44] | who they’re really dealing with. | 他们所面对的敌人 |
[27:46] | I’ve got to go meet someone about my other case. | 我得去见我另一个案子的相关人员 |
[27:48] | You’re good to pass all this along to Marcus? | 你可以把信息传给马库斯吧 |
[27:53] | I must say, I’m surprised you didn’t offer to stay and help. | 我必须得说 你不留下帮忙让我感到很吃惊 |
[27:56] | Mr. Ettinger makes a compelling case with respect | 埃廷格先生认为摩·夏尔舒克 |
[27:57] | to Mo Shellshocker’s viability as a suspect. | 是嫌犯的说辞很有说服力 |
[28:00] | Mo is a genius. | “摩”是个天才 |
[28:01] | We’re talking off the charts. | 我们说的可不是一般的天才 |
[28:03] | Leibniz meets Euler meets Gauss. | 莱布尼兹加上欧拉加上高斯那种 |
[28:06] | He may have an ego, | 他也许有点自负 |
[28:06] | but he’s not gonna kill anyone over a few comments. | 但他不会因为几个评论就去杀人 |
[28:08] | So, while “The League of Concerned Mathematicians” | 所以 当那个”担惊受怕数学家联盟” |
[28:11] | chases its tail up there, I am gonna do the smart thing | 在上面追查线索时 我决定做个聪明人 |
[28:13] | and get out of town. | 赶紧出城去 |
[28:14] | You can let me know when it all blows over. | 待一切尘埃落定 你再告诉我 |
[28:16] | You’re not going anywhere, Harlan. | 你哪也不能去 哈伦 |
[28:18] | Or should I call you Mo Shellshocker? | 或者我该叫你摩·夏尔舒克 |
[28:26] | Did you honestly think I wouldn’t recognize | 你真的以为我认不出 |
[28:27] | an anagram of my own name? | 自己名字的变形吗 |
[28:29] | I knew I should’ve gone with “Choker Hell Moss.” | 我就知道应该用查克·赫尔摩斯的 |
[28:32] | But I never thought that you would see it, okay? | 我当初觉得你根本不会看到 好吗 |
[28:35] | Math is my thing, not yours. | 数学是我的东西 不是你的 |
[28:36] | It’s my name, Harlan; | 那是我的名字 哈伦 |
[28:37] | that makes it my thing. | 这就让它也变成我的事了 |
[28:39] | It was an homage. | 那只是为了致敬 |
[28:41] | Explain. | 解释一下 |
[28:42] | Every day, all over the world, | 每天 世界各地 |
[28:44] | math is used to trick people. | 数学都被用来糊弄他人 |
[28:47] | Data dredging to sell pharmaceuticals. | 数据挖掘帮助卖药 |
[28:49] | Publication bias to justify wars. | 通胀偏差用来给战争正名 |
[28:51] | In the wrong hands, math can be manipulated, abused. | 在错误的人手中 数学用来操纵欺压 |
[28:54] | And I decided to do something about it. | 而我决定对此做点什么 |
[28:59] | You catch people who murder other people. | 你抓那些谋杀别人的人 |
[29:02] | I catch people who murder math. | 我抓那些谋害数学的人 |
[29:04] | According to this, Mo is a wanted man. | 根据这上边说的 “摩”是个通缉犯 |
[29:10] | Harlan? | 哈伦 |
[29:13] | The D.O.D. was working on a new fighter. | 国防部正在研发一款新战斗机 |
[29:15] | Only, I knew that the performance stats were bogus. | 但是我知道它的性能统计是假的 |
[29:19] | A friend of mine found the internal numbers, | 我的一个朋友找到了内部数据 |
[29:21] | and I sort of published them. | 我就把它们给发布了 |
[29:24] | So you put classified Department of Defense documents | 你把国防部的机密文件 |
[29:26] | on the internet. | 放到了网上 |
[29:27] | Isn’t that what you would have done? | 你不也会做同样的事吗 |
[29:31] | Fine! I screwed up, okay? | 好吧 我搞砸了 行吗 |
[29:34] | But, hey, that’s what I do, right? I screw up. | 这不就是我的特点吗 搞砸事情 |
[29:35] | If I didn’t, then probably you wouldn’t have secretly fired me. | 如果我没有 你也不会偷偷开除我 |
[29:39] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[29:39] | I know about Indira Patel! | 我知道英迪拉·帕特尔的事了 |
[29:44] | I know you replaced me. | 我知道你找人替代了我 |
[29:48] | Kitty, I think we could use some tea. | 凯蒂 我们想喝点茶 |
[29:54] | Just tell me. | 请告诉我 |
[29:57] | Tell me what math I got wrong. | 告诉我 我哪里算错了 |
[29:58] | Tell me why you didn’t let me make it up to you. | 告诉我 为什么你不让我补偿你 |
[30:02] | It wasn’t the maths, it was you. | 跟数学无关 是你的问题 |
[30:08] | Your work was impeccable. | 你的工作完美无瑕 |
[30:10] | And for the most part, I enjoyed our collaborations. | 并且大部分时间 我喜欢和你合作 |
[30:12] | B-But over time, you just… you became quite… needy. | 但是时间久了 你就变得欲求不满 |
[30:17] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[30:19] | Y-You asked my advice on-on social matters, | 你询问我关于社交方面的建议 |
[30:21] | and you even invited me to a party. | 甚至还邀请我去参加派对 |
[30:25] | You were my friend. | 你是我的朋友 |
[30:27] | I was your employer, Harlan. | 我是你的雇主 哈伦 |
[30:28] | A-and you were my consultant. | 你是我的顾问 |
[30:30] | One of many. | 其中之一 |
[30:32] | I know that I’m a little obsessed with what I do. | 我知道我有点过度沉迷于我的工作 |
[30:37] | That has always made it hard to make friends. | 这让我总是很难交到朋友 |
[30:39] | And I used to feel pretty bad about that, | 而之前我一直为此感到难过 |
[30:41] | and then I met you. | 直到我遇到了你 |
[30:44] | And I thought to myself, | 我对自己说 |
[30:45] | hey, if it doesn’t bother him, why should I let it bother me? | 如果他都不烦恼这事 我为什么要烦呢 |
[30:52] | I got a lot out of the work that we did. | 我们一起工作让我收获了很多 |
[30:56] | A lot. | 非常多 |
[30:58] | But if someone like you thinks that I’m a loser, then… | 但如果连你都认为我是个失败者 那… |
[31:15] | Hey, are we still doing this? | 我们还在继续吗 |
[31:17] | Doing what? | 继续什么 |
[31:18] | Talking about the case. | 谈论案子 |
[31:21] | You’re just sitting there. | 你只是呆坐在那 |
[31:22] | I’m thinking. | 我在思考 |
[31:25] | I suspect the silence is exacerbated | 我想沉寂的感觉 |
[31:26] | by the nature of our communication. | 被这种通讯方式夸大了 |
[31:29] | Yes. Well, I don’t live there anymore. | 是 但是我不住在那了 |
[31:30] | So, if you want to talk shop at night, | 所以你想在晚上谈工作 |
[31:32] | this is the best I can do. | 我就只能这样做了 |
[31:34] | Keep asking myself: what did the killer want? | 我一直在想 凶手想要什么 |
[31:38] | He went to great lengths to lure brilliant mathematicians | 他花费大量精力吸引杰出的数学家 |
[31:40] | to their deaths. | 踏入死亡陷阱 |
[31:42] | Winnowed out the less gifted | 用越来越复杂的题目 |
[31:44] | by making his problems more and more complicated. | 来筛选出那些不太出众的 |
[31:47] | He had a type, but I still think he’s a serial killer | 他专注一类人 但我依然感觉他不只是 |
[31:50] | only in the most technical sense. | 一个连环杀手 |
[31:52] | He tortured both his victims. | 他折磨了两位被害人 |
[31:53] | But there’s no sign that he enjoyed it. | 但是没有迹象表明他乐在其中 |
[31:55] | The work was utilitarian, | 事情干得很利索 |
[31:57] | suggesting it was less for pleasure | 说明那不是为了享受 |
[32:00] | and more for persuasion. | 而是为了某种目的 |
[32:03] | He wanted something. | 他想要什么东西 |
[32:04] | But what? | 但那是什么呢 |
[32:06] | Maybe there’s a connection between Wallaczek and Lowenthal | 也许沃拉泽科和洛温塔尔之间 |
[32:08] | we haven’t spotted yet. | 有尚未发现的关联 |
[32:10] | Maybe they were working on a project together, | 也许他们在一起合作过项目 |
[32:12] | something that was worth a lot of money. | 很值钱的一些事情 |
[32:14] | There’s no way the killer could have predicted | 凶手没有办法可以确保 |
[32:15] | which competitors would make it to the terminal stage. | 究竟哪个选手可以到达终点 |
[32:18] | That part of the game was beyond his control. | 游戏的这一部分他无法掌控 |
[32:21] | If it weren’t, he would’ve been prepared | 如果可以 他肯定会准备好 |
[32:22] | to dispose of a body the size of Ike Wallaczek’s. | 处理掉艾克·沃拉泽科这种体型的尸体 |
[32:25] | So, even if there were a connection between the victims, | 所以说 如果被害者之间真的有联系 |
[32:27] | the killer could not have counted on them | 凶手也不能确保他们 |
[32:29] | being lured into his trap. | 会被引入死亡陷阱 |
[32:31] | Certainly not in sequence. | 肯定不知道他们的顺序 |
[32:34] | His game was, in many respects, one of chance. | 他的游戏 从各方面来看 是靠运气 |
[32:39] | Suggesting he knows what he wants, but not who has it. | 说明他知道想要什么 但不知道谁有 |
[32:45] | Like he was on a puzzle hunt of his own. | 就好像他自己也在解一个谜团 |
[32:49] | I’m back. | 我回来了 |
[32:55] | I’ll set up downstairs, yeah? | 我下楼去弄吧 |
[33:01] | I’ve been thinking about what you said earlier. | 我一直在想你之前所说的话 |
[33:04] | I’ve decided to engage her one more time | 我决定再跟她谈一次 |
[33:06] | with regards to her recuperation. | 为了她的完全康复 |
[33:10] | I doubt she’ll listen, but I’ll keep you apprised. | 我怀疑她不会听 但我会告诉你进展的 |
[33:18] | I’ve been thinking. | 我一直在想 |
[33:20] | About? | 想什么 |
[33:20] | You. Your history. | 你 你的过去 |
[33:22] | Your decision not to seek help. | 你决定不寻求帮助 |
[33:25] | I think it’s a mistake. | 我觉得那是错误的决定 |
[33:28] | Oh? | 是吗 |
[33:28] | I’ve looked into a number of support groups. | 我找了几个互助小组 |
[33:31] | As you are well aware, | 就像你知道的 |
[33:31] | I have benefited greatly from similar settings. | 我从类似经验中获得了不少帮助 |
[33:34] | You have. | 是没错 |
[33:36] | The process, I find, | 那种过程 我发现 |
[33:36] | is not unlike voiding one’s bowels… | 虽然就像在清空你的肠胃… |
[33:38] | I’ll go. | 我会去的 |
[33:39] | What? | 什么 |
[33:40] | I’ll go. Just get me the details. | 我会去的 告诉我细节就好了 |
[33:44] | I’ve been thinking, too– about your number-cruncher, Harlan. | 我也在思考关于那位搞数字的哈伦 |
[33:48] | You think I was too hard on him. | 你觉得我对他太刻薄了吗 |
[33:49] | You will have consultants of your own one day. | 你今后也会有自己的顾问 |
[33:51] | You’ll see that they require management and focus. | 你会发现他们需要管理并集中注意力 |
[33:54] | They are but keys on a keyboard, and we’re the typists. | 他们不过是键盘上的按键 而我们是打字员 |
[33:56] | You could’ve given him a shoeing for all I care. | 你给他提鞋都不关我事 |
[33:59] | No, I’m just saying that | 不是 我只是想说 |
[34:00] | some of the stuff he’s got up to, it’s quite good. | 他调查出的一些东西 都挺不错的 |
[34:03] | You should take a look. | 你应该看一看 |
[34:06] | You may find a fellow typist. | 也许可以找到一位打字员同伴 |
[34:14] | Hello? | 你好 |
[34:15] | Yeah, I hear that you and some friends | 我听说你和一些朋友 |
[34:17] | are trying to identify Mo Shellshocker. | 想要找出摩·夏尔舒克的身份 |
[34:20] | That’s right. Who is this? | 是没错 你是谁 |
[34:22] | His name is Harlan Emple. | 他的名字是哈伦·林珀 |
[34:25] | You got a pen? | 你有笔吗 |
[34:26] | I’ll-I’ll give you his address. | 我给你他的地址 |
[34:42] | Harlan. | 哈伦 |
[34:44] | You can’t take a hint, can you? | 你就这么不开窍吗 |
[34:45] | I got your text messages. | 我收到了你的短信 |
[34:47] | I don’t want to see you right now. | 我现在不想见你 |
[34:48] | So if you came here to apologize… | 如果你是来道歉的… |
[34:50] | Actually, I came here to spare you an agonizing death. | 实际上 我来是帮你免于惨死的 |
[34:53] | Can I come in? | 我能进去了吗 |
[34:55] | I was puzzling earlier | 我之前很迷惑 |
[34:57] | as to why the killer went to such specific lengths. | 为什么凶手要费如此周章 |
[35:01] | What did he want? | 他想要什么 |
[35:03] | And then Watson, quite by accident, | 然后华生 凑巧地 |
[35:04] | she made a most compelling analogy. | 说出了一套令人叹服的理论 |
[35:06] | She said it was as if he was on a hunt of his own. | 她说就好像他自己也在寻找什么 |
[35:09] | Duh. He was hunting mathematicians. | 当然 他在猎杀数学家们 |
[35:11] | No, he wasn’t. | 不 他没有 |
[35:12] | He was hunting a mathematician. | 他在猎杀某位数学家 |
[35:15] | One. | 就一个 |
[35:16] | A man who had concealed his identity not only | 这人不仅在数学家圈子里 |
[35:18] | from the mathematics community at large, | 隐藏了自己的身份 |
[35:20] | but also from the FBI. | 就连联调局都查不到他 |
[35:22] | A “Crusader,” you might call him. | 一位”圣骑士” 你可以这么叫他 |
[35:25] | Wait a minute. Are you saying that this was all about me? | 等等 你是说这一切都是因为我 |
[35:43] | Unfortunately, emulating the work of people like me | 不幸的是 效仿我这样的人 |
[35:45] | is not without risks. | 是有风险的 |
[35:48] | Creates enemies. | 会树敌无数 |
[35:50] | I knew it was the government. | 我就知道是政府捣鬼 |
[35:52] | It was a lottery winner. | 是个彩票赢家 |
[35:54] | Little over a year ago, | 一年多以前 |
[35:56] | you started a series of blogs where you exposed the flaws | 你开始在一系列博客上揭露一些 |
[35:58] | in certain scratch card lottery games. | 刮刮乐彩票游戏的缺陷 |
[36:01] | Tickets like this one. | 像这样的彩票 |
[36:03] | I wrote about baited hook games. | 我写过诱饵游戏 |
[36:05] | Games where the numbers are printed on the front. | 这些彩票的正面印有数字 |
[36:07] | Scratch off the hidden numbers, hope for a match. | 刮掉隐藏的数字 希望得到相同号码 |
[36:09] | Only, you proved | 只不过你证明了 |
[36:10] | that with careful mathematical analysis of the visible numbers, | 通过仔细地分析面上的数字 |
[36:13] | you could predict which tickets were winners | 你可以预测哪张彩票能中奖 |
[36:16] | 80% of the time. | 准确率有八成 |
[36:17] | If you had exploited this flaw, rather than exposing it, | 如果你利用了这种缺陷 而不是揭露出来 |
[36:21] | you could have made millions. | 你可能已经赚了几百万 |
[36:23] | Well… sure. But that would been cheating. | 这话没错 但这样就是作弊了 |
[36:25] | Right. | 对 |
[36:26] | So imagine for a moment | 那想象一下 |
[36:27] | that you are a less honest mathematician. | 你是个没那么诚实的数学家 |
[36:30] | Right? | 对吧 |
[36:31] | You’ve been taking advantage of these games | 你几年来一直想利用 |
[36:32] | for a couple of years to amass a small fortune. | 这些游戏来敛财 |
[36:37] | And then “Mo” comes along. | 然后”摩”出现了 |
[36:38] | He starts exposing the broken games. | 他开始揭露这些有缺陷的游戏 |
[36:41] | State Lottery Commissions shut them down. | 州彩票委员会将其取消 |
[36:44] | The exploitable games dry up. | 虚假牟利的伎俩就此结束 |
[36:46] | Now, if you were a psychopathic lottery cheat, | 假如你是个精神错乱的彩票老千 |
[36:50] | how do you fix that? | 你会怎么做 |
[36:52] | You kill Mo. | 你会杀了”摩” |
[36:55] | Unfortunately, Mo is elusive. | 可惜的是 “摩”神出鬼没 |
[36:57] | Anonymous. | 没人知道他是谁 |
[36:58] | The only thing he knew about him for sure | 他唯一能确定关于”摩”的是 |
[37:00] | was that he could not resist a puzzle hunt. | 他抵挡不住解谜大赛的诱惑 |
[37:03] | Now, if you were smart enough to identify | 如果你已经够聪明能发现 |
[37:06] | and take advantage of broken lottery games… | 有缺陷的彩票游戏并从中牟利… |
[37:08] | Then I’m smart enough to design a puzzle hunt. | 那我也够聪明能设计一个解谜大赛 |
[37:11] | This plan was not without its flaws. | 但这计划并非完美 |
[37:14] | Once a competitor reached the terminal stage, | 当参赛者进入了最终关卡 |
[37:17] | the killer could not be certain that he’d trapped Mo, could he? | 凶手无法确定他抓到的是不是”摩” 对吧 |
[37:22] | So he tortured them. | 于是他折磨他们 |
[37:24] | I submit he forced them to log on to Mo’s Web site, | 我猜他迫使他们登录”摩”的网站 |
[37:26] | and when they failed… | 而当他们无法登陆时… |
[37:31] | After two murders, | 杀了两个人以后 |
[37:31] | the game was compromised. | 计划泡汤了 |
[37:34] | So the killer devises a Plan “B.” | 所以凶手想出了备用计划 |
[37:36] | He tricks a group of his peers | 他诱使一帮数学家 |
[37:38] | into helping search for an alternative means | 帮助他寻找其他方法 |
[37:39] | of identifying Mo. | 辨别”摩”的真实身份 |
[37:46] | You’re talking about that guy. | 你说的是那个家伙 |
[37:48] | The one with the penthouse. | 在顶层公寓里的那个 |
[37:49] | Paul? | 保罗 |
[37:52] | Lottery winners are public record. | 中了彩票的人都会记录在案 |
[37:54] | So when I searched for the names of repeat winners | 所以当我搜索在你发博客前反复出现的 |
[37:57] | in the dates prior to your posts… | 中奖者名字时… |
[37:58] | I can’t believe I drank his water. | 真不敢相信我竟然喝了他递的水 |
[38:00] | I called him. | 我给他打了电话 |
[38:02] | I identified you as Mo. | 告诉他你就是”摩” |
[38:04] | And I gave him your address. | 并给了他你的地址 |
[38:05] | You what?! | 你干了什么 |
[38:10] | Drop your weapon! | 放下武器 |
[38:12] | I did not, however, give him | 不过我给他的是 |
[38:13] | the correct apartment number. | 错误的公寓房间号 |
[38:15] | He was arrested a little over an hour ago. | 一个多小时前他刚被捕了 |
[38:19] | Tried to call you to tell you, but, um… | 本想打电话告诉你 但… |
[38:21] | But I was ignoring you. | 我一直拒接你电话 |
[38:23] | Yes, you were ignoring me. | 对 一直不接 |
[38:24] | Look, you know that I’m still screwed, right? | 但你知道我还是完蛋了 对吧 |
[38:26] | You told him that I’m Mo. | 你告诉他我就是”摩” |
[38:28] | He’s gonna tell the police, they’re gonna tell the FBI… | 他会告诉警察 然后联调局的人就知道了… |
[38:31] | The NYPD is under the impression | 纽约警局误以为 |
[38:32] | that I lied about your connection to Mo | 我是为了引出埃廷格先生 |
[38:34] | in order to draw Mr. Ettinger out. | 才瞎编了你就是”摩”这事 |
[38:37] | As far as the FBI goes, well, | 至于联调局那边 |
[38:39] | I’ve got some associates who have created a trail | 我让几个同事制造了线索 |
[38:41] | which will strongly suggest that Mo is a cyber-terrorist I became aware of | 会让人觉得”摩”是我 |
[38:44] | whilst working for, um… | 在英国办案时发现的 |
[38:47] | queen and country. | 网络恐怖分子 |
[38:49] | Your secret’s quite safe. | 你的秘密很安全 |
[38:51] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[38:55] | My reasons for preserving you are entirely selfish, Harlan. | 我保住你完全是为了我自己 哈伦 |
[39:00] | You are a tremendous asset. | 你给我的帮助是无价的 |
[39:04] | I have little doubt | 毫无疑问 |
[39:04] | I will need your help again in the future. | 将来我还会需要你的协助 |
[39:16] | Me or him? | 找我还是他 |
[39:17] | You. | 你 |
[39:19] | I have an update on that real estate flipper. | 那个倒卖房屋的人 我有些新消息 |
[39:20] | I thought you might want to know. | 我觉得你可能想知道 |
[39:28] | I tracked down the truck rental receipts to get her name. | 我通过卡车租赁收据找到了她的名字 |
[39:31] | Valerie Cork. | 瓦莱丽·科克 |
[39:32] | She’s an art authenticator. | 她是名艺术鉴定家 |
[39:34] | And that crate you saw? | 你看到的那个木箱 |
[39:36] | There was something called | 里面是一台 |
[39:36] | a scanning fluorescence spectrometry machine inside. | 叫做荧光光谱扫描仪的机器 |
[39:39] | They’re used… | 是用来… |
[39:40] | To find paintings underneath other paintings. | 找出掩盖在画作之下的其他画 |
[39:43] | So it turns out that the building Chad Keswick was looking to buy | 原来查德·科斯维克想买的那栋楼 |
[39:45] | was leased by the WPA during the Depression. | 曾在大萧条时期被公共事业振兴署租下 |
[39:48] | They commissioned a mural for the lobby. | 他们在大厅作了一幅壁画 |
[39:50] | The artist was a notorious communist, | 那画家是个声名狼藉的共产党 |
[39:52] | so when the property passed into private hands in the ’50s, | 所以在五十年代那栋楼被私人买下时 |
[39:54] | the new owners had it painted over. | 买家重新粉刷了墙壁 |
[39:56] | But it was still there, under the paint. | 但画还在那里 被油漆盖住了 |
[39:58] | A lost work by Diego Rivera. | 一幅迭戈·里维拉[墨西哥画家]的作品 |
[40:00] | It’s worth ten times the price of the building. | 价值是那栋楼的十倍 |
[40:04] | I was hoping to leak the truth to the Times. | 我本想把这消息告诉《纽约时报》 |
[40:07] | I promised you a cut of my fee. | 我答应过要分你一份佣金的 |
[40:09] | But I’m pretty sure the mural’s gonna end up | 但我肯定壁画最终会交给 |
[40:11] | in the hands of a historical trust. | 一个历史信托基金 |
[40:13] | I’d feel obligated to refund my client, | 我有责任补偿我的客户 |
[40:15] | which means you’d get a cut of nothing. | 所以你也分不到钱了 |
[40:19] | That works for me. | 没问题 |
[40:21] | Okay. | 好 |
[40:25] | I think you should know | 我想告诉你 |
[40:26] | that I am going to a meeting tonight. | 我今晚会去一个互助会 |
[40:31] | One of those support groups for… | 是为了帮助 |
[40:34] | people like me. | 我这样的人 |
[40:36] | It was, uh, Sherlock’s idea. | 这是夏洛克的主意 |
[40:39] | That’s great. | 挺好的 |
[40:41] | I know you put him up to it. | 我知道是你提议的 |
[40:43] | We talked. | 我们谈过 |
[40:47] | When he first approached me in London, | 当他最初在伦敦找到我时 |
[40:49] | I was… | 我… |
[40:53] | in a bad way. | 状态很糟 |
[40:54] | And I had been for a while. | 而且已经持续一段时间了 |
[40:58] | But then, when he talked about the work that he did, | 但当他说起他的工作 |
[41:01] | about the things that he saw in me… | 说起他在我身上看到的潜力… |
[41:08] | I want it. | 我很想要 |
[41:08] | I want every bit of what’s he offered me, | 想要他给我提供的一切 |
[41:10] | of what he offered you, but… | 他曾给你提供的那些 但是… |
[41:12] | if I’ve learned one thing over the last few weeks, | 如果过去几周我学到了什么的话 |
[41:15] | it’s that he can’t pull it off. | 就是 他不会成功的 |
[41:17] | Not by himself, anyway. | 靠他自己反正成不了 |
[41:21] | And if I’m gonna get what I want, | 如果我仍想得到我想要的 |
[41:23] | then I’m going to need your help, too. | 我也需要你的帮助 |
[41:30] | I still think the meetings are bollocks, | 我还是觉得互助会很扯 |
[41:31] | but you say they’re important. | 但你觉得它们很重要 |
[41:34] | They matter to you, so… | 有必要去 那… |
[41:37] | What do you say, Watson? | 你觉得呢 华生 |
[41:38] | Will you help me? | 你愿意帮我吗 |
[41:45] | I don’t know how it happened. | 我不知道是怎么发生的 |
[41:47] | It just… hit me. | 事情太突然 |
[41:50] | Like a truck, out of nowhere. | 就像一辆突然冒出来的卡车 |
[41:54] | Work is good. | 工作不错 |
[41:57] | I have friends. | 我也有朋友 |
[41:59] | I’m in a relationship. | 我还在谈恋爱 |
[42:02] | Somewhere along the way, somehow, | 慢慢地 有一天 |
[42:06] | I stopped being a victim | 我感到不再是受害者 |
[42:09] | and became a survivor. | 而是幸存者 |
[42:12] | So, I guess all I’m saying is, there’s hope. | 所以我想说 是有希望的 |
[42:16] | Do the work. Love yourself. There’s hope. | 过好你的生活 爱自己 是有希望的 |
[42:23] | 如需其它字幕 请登陆新浪微博[WEB&BD版美剧字幕精编者] 或发邮件 lj20090303@163.com |