时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Joan Watson, meet Gareth Lestrade. | 乔恩·华生 来见见加莱斯·雷斯垂德 |
[00:05] | My relationship with Lestrade | 我和雷斯垂德的关系 |
[00:07] | started as a marriage of convenience. | 一开始只是互相利用 |
[00:08] | Because I prefer to work in anonymity, | 因为我喜欢匿名工作 |
[00:10] | the glory of my casework was accrued to him. | 我破案的功劳都归到了他身上 |
[00:12] | Over the years, he became accustomed to the spotlight. | 日积月累 他已经习惯了受人瞩目 |
[00:16] | He began to crave it. | 他开始渴求名声 |
[00:18] | You might say, I turned him into an addict. | 你也许会说是我让他上瘾了 |
[00:19] | I’ll thank you not to take credit | 感谢你没有在这件案子里 |
[00:21] | for any of my insights into the case. | 用我的见解邀功 |
[00:23] | I always knew that Lawrence Pendry | 一直以来我都知道劳伦斯·彭德里 |
[00:25] | 加莱斯·雷斯垂德 伦敦警察厅督查 | |
[00:25] | was, in fact, guilty and had actually murdered his wife. | 是有罪的 而且谋杀了他的妻子 |
[00:28] | He called your bluff. | 你被他骗了 |
[00:44] | Sorry. I think I have a call. | 不好意思 我好像有电话 |
[00:46] | Oh, wait. It’s not me. Is it you? | 慢着 不是我的 是你的电话响吗 |
[00:51] | Hey, I’m back. | 我回来了 |
[00:57] | I was out on a small case last night. | 昨晚我出去办了个小案子 |
[01:01] | Yeah, I was just at the bodega. | 我知道 我刚去过酒吧 |
[01:02] | Ignacio said you helped him… | 伊纳西奥说你帮他 |
[01:04] | find out where his son was getting so much cash. | 查出了他儿子手头大笔现金的来源 |
[01:07] | Cockfighting. | 是来自于斗鸡 |
[01:08] | I had to break up the ring, naturally. | 我当然必须出手制止 |
[01:10] | Barbaric practice. | 真是野蛮的行径 |
[01:12] | So you decided to bring one of the chickens home? | 所以你决定带一只鸡回家吗 |
[01:16] | Well, there are two combatants in a cockfight. | 其实 一场斗鸡赛需要两只鸡 |
[01:19] | I could have called Animal Control. | 我可以让动物管理局来处理 |
[01:21] | But it occurred to me, | 但我突然想到 |
[01:22] | we have an opportunity. | 这是一个机会 |
[01:24] | There’s some debate as to whether these creatures, | 一直以来都有争议 |
[01:26] | once perverted by their keepers, can be weaned | 这些曾被主人训练到变态的生物 |
[01:28] | from their aggressive tendencies. | 能否改变好斗的习性 |
[01:30] | The process, as it stands now, is tedious, | 就目前而言 其过程冗长乏味 |
[01:33] | highly imperfect– I believe it can be improved upon. | 糟糕透顶 我相信有很大的改善空间 |
[01:36] | I believe that, by this time, several days hence, | 我相信 几天后的此时 |
[01:38] | Romulus and Remus will be living side by side, | 罗慕路斯和雷穆斯将会其乐融融 |
[01:41] | two cocks in harmony. | 两”鸡”和睦共处 |
[01:44] | All right. Good luck. | 好吧 祝你好运 |
[01:47] | I’m not feeding them. | 别指望我会喂它们 |
[01:49] | You seem upset. Do you have an aversion to cocks? | 你好像不太高兴 你讨厌”鸡”吗 |
[01:52] | Not as a species. I have an aversion | 我不讨厌这个物种 我只是 |
[01:54] | to these particular… | 讨厌特定的这两只… |
[01:57] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[01:58] | I’m not 12. I’m not calling them that. | 我才不是十二岁小孩 我不会那么叫它们 |
[02:01] | Feed your roosters. | 喂你的公鸡去吧 |
[02:05] | It’s Captain Gregson. | 是格雷森警监发的 |
[02:08] | Wants to meet us immediately. | 他想立刻见我们 |
[02:13] | So, reps from the Treasury Department | 财政部和劳工部的代表 |
[02:15] | and the Labor Department were in town from DC. | 特地从华盛顿来这 |
[02:17] | They were trying to sell the big banks | 他们准备说服大型银行 |
[02:19] | on the president’s latest budget, | 接受总统的最新预算方案 |
[02:21] | and someone detonated a bomb. | 但却有人引爆了炸弹 |
[02:23] | Six people are dead. | 导致六人死亡 |
[02:25] | What kind of explosive? | 什么样的炸弹 |
[02:26] | Bomb squad isn’t sure. | 防爆组还不确定 |
[02:28] | It’s definitely homemade, but intricate. | 显然是私造的 但制作水平很高 |
[02:44] | So, the people from the government were meeting | 政府公务员是在这里 |
[02:45] | with the bankers here? | 和银行家会面吗 |
[02:48] | Bomb was under the table… | 炸弹安置在桌子下面 |
[02:51] | They were targeted? | 是有针对性的攻击他们吗 |
[02:53] | We think so, yeah. | 我们是这么认为的 |
[02:54] | One more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[02:55] | Two of the vice presidents of the bank | 维布鲁克-巴斯尔银行的 |
[02:57] | that were killed were from Whitbrook-Balsille. | 两位副总裁被杀 |
[03:00] | Richard Balsille, the CEO? | 就是理查德·巴斯尔当总裁的那家 |
[03:02] | Apparently, he’s got a security czar on his payroll, | 显然 他聘请了一位安保之神 |
[03:04] | someone who conducts threat assessments for the company. | 专门负责处理公司的安全威胁 |
[03:08] | – Security Czar? Really? – Yeah. | -安保之神 真的假的 -对 |
[03:10] | Balsille’s got pull with the mayor, | 巴斯尔背后有市长撑腰 |
[03:12] | so, we’re supposed to give his guy | 所以我们得让他雇的人 |
[03:14] | access to the investigation. | 来参与调查 |
[03:16] | Well, sorry… I refuse, on principle, to work with anyone | 抱歉 我原则上拒绝与任何 |
[03:19] | who would willingly refer to themselves as a “Czar.” | 把自己称为”神”的人共事 |
[03:22] | Actually, you already know him. | 其实你认识他 |
[03:25] | The two of you worked together at Scotland Yard. | 你们在苏格兰场共事过 |
[03:27] | Sherlock Holmes. | 夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[03:30] | As I live and breathe. | 这真是太好了 |
[03:32] | Lestrade. | 雷斯垂德 |
[03:34] | Well, I haven’t seen you | 从你公开夺走 |
[03:36] | since you were publicly | 我的工作成果后 |
[03:36] | claiming credit for my work. | 我就没见过你了 |
[03:39] | That’s one way of looking at it. | 那只是你的看法 |
[03:40] | Yes, one accurate way. | 是正确的看法 |
[03:42] | Well, who’s to say what’s accurate and what’s not? | 那是谁来评判正确还是错误呢 |
[03:44] | Me. | 我 |
[03:45] | Watson, if you like. | 或者华生 如果你喜欢的话 |
[03:47] | I always find truth | 我总能在半途中 |
[03:48] | somewhere in the middle. | 就发现真相 |
[03:50] | Hello, Miss Watson. | 你好 华生小姐 |
[03:52] | Happy to see you again. | 很高兴再见到你 |
[03:53] | Joan. Please. | 叫我乔恩就行 |
[03:55] | Uh, but you look good. | 你看起来很不错 |
[03:57] | Yes, well, I… I am good. | 对 我确实很好 |
[03:59] | Gutted about all of this, of course, | 我很不喜欢穿这些东西 |
[04:01] | but other than that, I’m excellent, and delighted | 但除了这个 我很好 而且非常高兴 |
[04:04] | to see the pair of you. | 见到你俩 |
[04:06] | So how about it, Holmes? | 怎么样 福尔摩斯 |
[04:08] | You ready to match wits? | 准备好较量一下了吗 |
[04:24] | You probably thought I was on the skids. | 你可能认为我输定了 |
[04:27] | Why would you say that? | 为什么这么说 |
[04:29] | Fresh coconut water, | 新鲜椰子汁 |
[04:30] | – Mr. Lestrade. – Ah, thanks. Lovely. | -雷斯垂德先生 -谢了 亲爱的 |
[04:34] | Healthy stuff. | 健康饮品 |
[04:36] | Good for the rehydration. | 为身体补充水分 |
[04:39] | That’s my assistant, you see– Miss Truepenny. | 那是我的助手 楚佩妮小姐 |
[04:43] | Yeah, she wants to be a consulting detective, too. | 她也想成为顾问侦探 |
[04:45] | She wrote to me every day, | 她每天都给我写信 |
[04:47] | begging for an interview. | 求我面试她 |
[04:48] | I cracked. | 我心软了 |
[04:50] | Now, as I recall, you weren’t too keen | 我记得 你不太看好 |
[04:53] | about me striking out on my own, were you? | 我出去另起炉灶 |
[04:57] | What, you thought | 怎么 你认为 |
[04:57] | I couldn’t hack it without you, did you? | 没有你我就成不了事业吗 |
[05:00] | That’s not precisely how I put it. | 我可没这么说 |
[05:02] | Yeah, well, anyway, | 反正吧 |
[05:03] | Fleet Street took rather a shine to me | 劳伦斯·彭德里那事以后 |
[05:05] | after that whole Lawrence Pendry thing. | 伦敦报界都还挺喜欢我的 |
[05:07] | Yeah. I got awful lots of work, got chat show interviews. | 我工作很多 要上访谈节目 |
[05:11] | You know, they even asked me to do one of those DOUG Chats | 他们甚至请我上道格访谈 |
[05:15] | about the science of deduction. | 说说演绎法 |
[05:17] | DOUG Chat? | 道格访谈 |
[05:18] | – Wait. You never heard of a DOUG chat? – No. | -你从没听说过道格访谈吗 -没有 |
[05:20] | Well, they’re like these conferences about the spread of ideas. | 差不多是传播理念的会议吧 |
[05:24] | Anyway, Richard Balsille– | 总之 理查德·巴斯尔 |
[05:26] | uh, he of Whitbrook-Balsille– | 维布鲁克-巴斯尔那个 |
[05:28] | saw mine, got in contact, said he was in | 注意到了我 并与我取得了联系 |
[05:31] | the business of talent acquisition, | 他说他在搞人才招聘 |
[05:34] | and he dragged me on board. | 然后拉我入伙了 |
[05:37] | Must be satisfying work. | 这工作你肯定很满意 |
[05:39] | That’s my friend from St. Bede’s. | 是我在圣比德医院的朋友 |
[05:40] | Two of the survivors | 两名幸存者 |
[05:41] | have been assessed with superficial injuries. | 都被诊断为外伤 |
[05:43] | They’re ready to talk. | 可以去找他们谈话了 |
[05:45] | I’m just going to ring Mr. Balsille | 我要给巴斯尔先生打个电话 |
[05:48] | and get him to send a helicopter. | 让他派架直升机来 |
[05:49] | It’s eight blocks away. | 就离这儿八个街区 |
[05:51] | Well… Uh, yes. Hello? Hello! Yes… | 是的 喂 喂 对 |
[05:55] | You never heard of DOUG Chats? | 你从没听说过道格访谈吗 |
[05:56] | Of course I’ve heard of them. | 我当然听说过 |
[05:58] | I just refuse to shovel coal | 我只是不想 |
[05:59] | onto the bonfire of that man’s ego. | 给那人自负的火焰再加把柴 |
[06:04] | Ms. Forrester, you work for the Department of Labor, right? | 福雷斯特女士 你为劳工部工作 对吧 |
[06:08] | I’m sorry. My ears are still ringing. | 不好意思 我还在耳鸣 |
[06:10] | That’s all right. We appreciate you talking with us. | 没关系 很感谢你愿意跟我们谈谈 |
[06:13] | You work with the Department of Labor? | 你为劳工部工作吗 |
[06:15] | I’m an executive | 我是 |
[06:15] | undersecretary at the Office of Congressional Affairs. | 国会事务办公室的执行助理秘书 |
[06:18] | And you were at the end of the table when the bomb went off? | 炸弹爆炸时你坐在桌子的另一头 |
[06:21] | That’s where executive undersecretaries go. | 执行助理秘书就是坐在那儿的 |
[06:24] | Did you notice anything suspicious? | 你注意到什么可疑的事了吗 |
[06:26] | No, it was just lunch. | 没有 只是午餐而已 |
[06:29] | Same as we do every quarter. | 每个季度都是这样 |
[06:31] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[06:31] | You said, “That’s where executive undersecretaries go.” | 你刚说 “执行助理秘书就是坐在那儿的” |
[06:34] | Was there a prearranged seating assignment? | 座位都是事先安排好的吗 |
[06:39] | Would you mind writing that out for us? | 能帮我们把安排写下来吗 |
[06:41] | Seating arrangements? | 座位安排 |
[06:44] | No offense, mate, but I think we might be able | 无意冒犯 伙计 但我觉得我们也许 |
[06:46] | to aim a little higher than that, don’t you? Right? | 可以把目标定高一点 是吧 |
[06:49] | Uh, Miss… Miss Forrester… | 福雷斯特小姐 |
[06:53] | now, you say didn’t see anything unusual, | 你说没觉得有何不妥 |
[06:56] | but, in my experience, | 但以我的经验 |
[06:57] | memory can prove to be a bit of a tricky mistress. | 记忆其实有些难以捉摸 |
[06:59] | Sometimes when I’m interviewing potential witnesses, | 有时在我向潜在目击者问话时 |
[07:01] | I ask them to do what I like to call a deep dive. | 我会让他们去做我所谓的”深潜” |
[07:06] | That’s a way of just shaking loose stuff | 这样可以摆脱记忆中 |
[07:08] | that might be lurking deep down there. | 一些不准确的想法 |
[07:11] | Would you be willing to perform a dive with me? | 你愿意跟我一起深潜吗 |
[07:15] | Um… sure. | 好 |
[07:18] | Fabulous. | 太好了 |
[07:19] | Um, just give me your hand. | 把手给我 |
[07:22] | Now, I want you to close your eyes… | 现在闭上眼睛 |
[07:23] | Watson and I will be off | 我和华生 |
[07:23] | interviewing the restaurant manager. | 去找餐厅经理问话 |
[07:25] | Miss Forrester, if you could write out that chart for us | 福雷斯特小姐 等你浮上水面时 |
[07:27] | when you emerge from the depths. | 请帮我们把座位图写一下 |
[07:30] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼睛 |
[07:32] | Take a deep breath. Don’t be s… | 深呼吸 别这么… |
[07:35] | I don’t think anyone broke into the place to plant the bomb. | 我不认为是有人闯进餐厅装了炸弹 |
[07:39] | If they did, we didn’t notice. | 就算有 我也没注意到 |
[07:42] | Everything seemed normal this morning? | 今早一切正常吗 |
[07:44] | Sure. | 是的 |
[07:47] | John had to go home sick, | 约翰请了病假 |
[07:48] | – but after that, everything was business as usual. – John? | -但那之后 一切如常 -约翰 |
[07:52] | Yeah, John Bowden. He’s one of our servers. | 是的 约翰·鲍登 他是我们的服务生 |
[07:55] | He came in for about 20 minutes, then said his stomach was upset. | 他上了二十分钟左右的班 然后说胃疼 |
[08:00] | Is he a contented employee? | 他对工作满意吗 |
[08:04] | He’s an okay worker, but he’s a pain in the ass. | 他做事挺勤快 但是人很麻烦 |
[08:07] | He tried to unionize the dishwashing staff a while back. | 他之前想成立洗碗工工会 |
[08:10] | He’s always talking about how he can’t stand the clientele. | 他一直在说受不了客人 |
[08:16] | Now, I know that sounds kind of ominous, | 我知道那听起来有点不吉利 |
[08:19] | but he’s annoying. | 但他真的很烦人 |
[08:23] | He’s not a terrorist. | 他不是恐怖分子 |
[08:26] | Call us if he gets there, okay? | 如果他回去那儿就打给我们 好吗 |
[08:29] | Bowden never showed up to his apartment. | 鲍登再也没有出现在他的公寓 |
[08:30] | His roommates have no idea where he is. | 他的室友们也不知道他在哪儿 |
[08:32] | Right. Now, follow me. | 好的 跟我来 |
[08:34] | Sherlock? | 夏洛克 |
[08:36] | One seating plan– check. | 单个座位 搞定 |
[08:39] | How do you do? | 你好吗 |
[08:41] | A waiter with radical leanings | 一位带有激进倾向的侍应生 |
[08:43] | who showed up for work this morning, | 今早来上班 |
[08:44] | and left ten minutes later. | 待了十分钟后离开了 |
[08:46] | His name’s John Bowden. | 他的名字是约翰·鲍登 |
[08:50] | Captain. | 警监 |
[08:51] | Every publication in the city with a circulation | 城里每一家发行量超过五万份的报社 |
[08:53] | over 50,000 just got a statement | 都刚得到一份宣称对发生在 |
[08:55] | taking credit for the bomb at the restaurant. | 饭店的爆炸案负责的声明 |
[08:58] | I’m gonna test your knowledge. | 我要考考你的学识了 |
[08:59] | I’m gonna read you the first couple lines. | 我读给你声明开始的几行 |
[09:01] | “Soon, you’ll be ashes | “很快 你就会化成尘埃 |
[09:03] | “or bones, a mere name at most, | “或者骨骸 最多也只是一个卑名 |
[09:06] | “and even that is just a sound, an echo. | “即使这些也不过是响声 一段回声 |
[09:10] | The things we want in life are empty, | 我们在世时的一切欲望都是虚无 |
[09:12] | stale, trivial.” | 腐木 微不足道的 |
[09:15] | It’s from a book called Meditations. | 这些出自于一本叫做《冥想》的书 |
[09:17] | Yes. We know. It’s not signed, | 是的 我们知道 声明没有签名 |
[09:20] | but it sounds a hell of a lot like the notes that came in | 但它听起来很像被媒体们称作奥里利乌斯的 |
[09:23] | every time the guy the press calls Aurelius sets off a bomb. | 家伙每次引爆炸弹时的留言 |
[09:26] | You know him, right? | 你知道他 对吧 |
[09:28] | Three bombs in ten years, | 十年制造了三起爆炸案 |
[09:29] | kissing cousin to the Unabomber. | 和大学炸弹客是同类 |
[09:31] | Yes, of course. Aurelius espouses a perversion | 当然 奥里利乌斯利用对斯多葛哲学的 |
[09:34] | of Stoic philosophy as justification for his crimes. | 曲解来为他的罪行开脱 |
[09:37] | I’m sending you the full text in an e-mail right now. | 我现在把声明的全文邮件给你 |
[09:41] | Someone just claimed credit for the bomb. | 有人刚刚声明对爆炸案负责 |
[09:43] | Right. Aurelius. | 当然了 是奥里利乌斯 |
[09:47] | So, we’re off to big game now, are we? | 所以我们有大案子办了 是吧 |
[09:49] | There is a great white loose in these waters. | 这案子一定有大鱼[原意是水里有大白鲨] |
[09:51] | – Which is it? – Beg your pardon? | -是说哪个 -你说什么 |
[09:53] | Are we hunting game, or are we fishing for sharks? | 我们是去打猎呢 还是去捕食鲨鱼呢 |
[09:55] | ‘Cause you can’t have it both ways, metaphorically speaking. | 因为鱼和熊掌不可兼得 打比方说 |
[10:02] | Like any art form, | 像其它艺术形式一样 |
[10:04] | the science of deduction and analysis | 推理和分析的科学 |
[10:07] | requires years of arduous study. | 需要成年累月的艰苦学习 |
[10:10] | You see, one lifetime is not enough to master it. | 所以一辈子的时间是掌握不了的 |
[10:12] | No, no, try several. So where does one start? | 但也要去尝试 所以应该从哪儿入手呢 |
[10:15] | Well, if you want my advice, you start straightaway… | 如果让我来说 我建议你直接了当 |
[10:17] | Take-out’s downstairs. | 外卖在楼下 |
[10:18] | …with a simple problem. | 从简单问题入手 |
[10:20] | But you might be too, uh, busy working to eat. | 但你可能忙的顾不上吃饭 |
[10:23] | It’s revolting, isn’t it? | 令人作呕 不是吗 |
[10:24] | My name is Gareth Lestrade, and I headed up… | 我的名字是加莱斯·雷斯垂德 我去了 |
[10:26] | A room full of people so accustomed | 一屋子习惯于他们自己 |
[10:27] | to their own flatulence, | 浮夸和自负的人 |
[10:28] | they don’t notice the stench anymore. | 他们再也注意不到恶臭了 |
[10:31] | Lestrade treated you like crap, he took credit for your work. | 雷斯垂德对你那么糟糕 抢走你的功劳 |
[10:34] | He uses your words in his interviews. | 在访谈里用你说过的话 |
[10:35] | If it bothers you, you should say something to him. | 如果这使你困扰 你应该跟他讲 |
[10:38] | To what end? | 讲了又怎样 |
[10:40] | The man has chosen vanity and the pursuit of the spotlight. | 他已经选择了虚荣和名利 |
[10:42] | Nothing I say is going to change that. | 我说什么也改变不了 |
[10:45] | It’s not about changing him. | 不是为了改变他 |
[10:46] | It’s about putting it out there, | 是为了不再让这事干扰 |
[10:47] | so you can focus on finding Aurelius, | 以便你可以专心寻找奥里利乌斯 |
[10:49] | instead of watching Lestrade yammer. | 而不是看着雷斯垂德废话 |
[10:52] | When we first ran into him, you said | 当我们第一次遇见他时 你说过 |
[10:53] | that you expected him to crash and burn without you. | 希望他能自生自灭 |
[10:57] | Did you? | 是你说的吗 |
[10:58] | I didn’t give it much thought. | 我没想太多 |
[11:01] | Yes, of course I did. | 对 当然是我讲的 |
[11:03] | So, are you mad that he’s still stealing your act, | 所以你是生气他仍然在抢你的功劳 |
[11:06] | or annoyed that he managed to pull it off? | 还是厌烦嫌疑人成功跳脱呢 |
[11:10] | What I do is not an act. | 我所做的并不是行动 |
[11:13] | And I’m not pursuing Aurelius | 我也没在找寻奥里利乌斯 |
[11:14] | because I no longer believe | 因为我不再认为 |
[11:15] | that finding that man is going | 找到这个人可以帮助我们 |
[11:16] | to help us solve this particular bombing. | 解决这起爆炸案 |
[11:18] | What, you think the note is a fake? | 什么 你觉得那个留言是假的 |
[11:20] | I can’t be certain. | 我不能确定 |
[11:22] | The notes that accompanied Aurelius’s original crimes | 在奥里利乌斯的以前案子里出现的留言 |
[11:24] | were deranged, but they were consistent | 是混乱的 但它们在斯多葛派哲学的 |
[11:26] | in their interpretation of Stoicism. | 解释里是连续的 |
[11:29] | This latest one reads like the author | 最新的这个读起来像 |
[11:30] | spent all of five minutes researching the philosophy. | 作者只花了五分钟的时间来研究哲学 |
[11:33] | Also, the actual Aurelius never quoted directly | 而且 真正的奥里利乌斯总不直接引用 |
[11:36] | from the Meditations. | 《冥想》里的话 |
[11:39] | That waiter’s not much of a suspect either. | 那个侍应生也不是嫌疑人 |
[11:41] | I read his blog. He’s just… dabbling in radical thought. | 我读过他的博客 只是涉猎了激进思想 |
[11:44] | Probably be working at Whitbrook-Balsille in ten years. | 可能只是因为在维布鲁克-巴斯尔工作了十年 |
[11:48] | No… I’m fairly certain someone is trying to send us | 我十分确定有人想让我们 |
[11:50] | on a wild goose chase. | 白费力气 |
[11:51] | The actual bomber lies elsewhere. | 真正的爆炸者潜伏在别处 |
[11:56] | Maybe he’s in the audience at the DOUG Chat. | 也许他在道格对话的观众中 |
[12:13] | I guess I should be happy | 我猜我该庆幸 |
[12:14] | they’re not crowing. | 它们没有打鸣 |
[12:15] | Morning, Watson. | 早上好 华生 |
[12:16] | Please ignore Romulus and Remus. | 请无视罗穆卢斯和瑞摩斯 |
[12:18] | I’m reconditioning them by punishing aggressive behavior. | 我在惩罚它们的激进行为 |
[12:20] | They shall be fed as soon as they calm down. | 只要它们冷静下来就给它们喂食 |
[12:22] | If the Aurelius note is a fake, | 如果奥里利乌斯的留言是假的 |
[12:25] | we can assume that | 我们可以认为 |
[12:26] | the bombing was not carried out for ideological reasons. | 那次爆炸不是出于意识形态的原因 |
[12:28] | If you’re moved by passion, | 如果是一时兴起 |
[12:29] | why give credit elsewhere, hmm? | 为什么要把功劳给别人呢 |
[12:32] | I’ve used the seating chart that Michelle Forrester gave us | 我根据米歇尔·福雷斯特给我们的座次表 |
[12:34] | to recreate the lunch. | 重现了当时午餐的情形 |
[12:36] | I’ve examined the blast radius of the device, | 我研究了那个装置的爆炸半径 |
[12:39] | the wounds of the victims… | 以及死者的伤口 |
[12:41] | It would appear the bomb was not placed in the center of the table | 似乎炸弹并不是放在桌子的中央位置 |
[12:43] | but rather towards this end. | 而是在桌子的一头 |
[12:46] | Seated there were Lawrence Iver and Christine Danoff, | 坐在那的是劳伦斯·伊凡和克里斯汀·丹诺夫 |
[12:49] | both executive vice presidents at Whitbrook-Balsille, and… | 都是维布鲁克-巴斯尔的执行副总裁 还有 |
[12:52] | Vaughn Antonelli, | 沃恩·安东内利 |
[12:53] | another representative from the Department of Labor. | 另一位劳工部的代表 |
[12:56] | Their wounds were by far the most gruesome, | 他们的伤口是最严重的 |
[12:58] | which stands to reason– they were seated directly | 这也很合理 因为他们坐在 |
[13:00] | in the pathway of the payload of shrapnel. | 弹片的有效散射范围内 |
[13:02] | So you think whoever set off the bomb was | 所以你觉得引爆炸弹的人 |
[13:04] | targeting one or more of those three? | 是想袭击他们三个中的某个或某几个人 |
[13:07] | Vaughn Antonelli is a career bureaucrat. | 沃恩·安东内利是个很官僚的人 |
[13:10] | He is a representative of the federal government | 他是联邦政府的代表 |
[13:11] | but wields little actual power. | 但是只有一点小权力 |
[13:13] | Christine Danoff was Lawrence Iver’s | 克里斯汀·丹诺夫是劳伦斯·伊凡 |
[13:15] | underling at Whitbrook-Balsille. | 在维布鲁克-巴斯尔的下属 |
[13:17] | Mr. Iver presents a more interesting case study. | 伊凡先生的故事比较有趣 |
[13:19] | He was known as a “comer” in banking circles. | 在银行圈里 他被认为是即将成功的人 |
[13:22] | And it was widely considered that he would one day hold a CEO title of his own. | 大家都认为他有一天会当上首席执行官的 |
[13:26] | Hey, who’s Jacques St. Teton? | 雅克·圣·提顿是谁 |
[13:30] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[13:32] | The Griffin Hotel is attached to the restaurant, | 格里芬酒店跟那家餐厅是相连的 |
[13:34] | and they provided a list of their registered guests | 所以他们提供了爆炸前一晚 |
[13:36] | the night before the attack, | 入住顾客的名单 |
[13:38] | so we could determine whether the bomber | 这样我们就能判断袭击者 |
[13:39] | was using the hotel as part of his plan. | 是不是利用酒店做掩护 |
[13:41] | Jacques St. Teton is the only name which really stands out. | 雅克·圣·提顿是唯一一个值得注意的人 |
[13:44] | Obvious fake. | 很明显是个假名字 |
[13:45] | There’s no St. Teton, for one thing. | 根本就没有圣·提顿这个姓 |
[13:51] | Sherlock Holmes. | 我是夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[13:52] | I have Gareth Lestrade for you. | 加莱斯·雷斯垂德找你 |
[13:54] | Yes, if you could… | 好的 如果你能 |
[14:01] | Holmes. Hi. Yeah. | 福尔摩斯 你好 是我 |
[14:02] | I’m trying to get a line on that John Bowden, the waiter. | 我想知道那个服务生 约翰·鲍登的情况 |
[14:05] | I don’t know. Got a hunch. But I figure in some way he’s connected to Aurelius. | 直觉告诉我 他跟奥里利乌斯有某种联系 |
[14:09] | We no longer think that Aurelius had anything to do | 我们觉得奥里利乌斯跟这次袭击 |
[14:11] | with the attack. I’m currently focusing my efforts | 没关系了 我现在集中精力调查 |
[14:13] | on the possibility that Lawrence Iver was the target. | 劳伦斯·伊凡是不是袭击目标 |
[14:16] | What? Uh, Iver? | 什么 伊凡 |
[14:19] | Whitbrook-Balsille Iver? | 维布鲁克-巴斯尔的那个伊凡 |
[14:22] | Yes. We’re on our way over there shortly | 是的 我们马上就要去那 |
[14:24] | to seek an audience with the CEO. | 跟他们的总裁见个面 |
[14:26] | No, Holmes, you can’t just march straight | 不 福尔摩斯 你不能就这么大摇大摆地 |
[14:28] | into Dick Balsille’s office. | 走进迪克·巴斯尔的办公室 |
[14:29] | – I’m sure we’ll find a way. – Holmes… | -我们肯定会有办法的 -福尔摩斯 |
[14:31] | Lovely seeing you again. | 很高兴再次见到你 |
[14:32] | And good luck finding your waiter. | 祝你能找到那个服务生 |
[14:36] | So, our first stop is Lestrade’s boss? | 我们的第一站就是去找雷斯垂德的老板 |
[14:39] | Who better to school us on the comings and goings at Whitbrook-Balsille? | 谁会比他更了解维布鲁克-巴斯尔的事呢 |
[14:42] | Are you sure there’s no part of you that’s doing this | 你确定你这么做不是想 |
[14:44] | to get under Lestrade’s skin? | 惹雷斯垂德生气吗 |
[14:48] | Miss Truepenny, shouldn’t you be off hunting Aurelius? | 楚佩妮小姐 你不是应该去找奥里利乌斯吗 |
[14:52] | Mr. Lestrade is in with Mr. Balsille. | 雷斯垂德先生正在跟巴斯尔先生谈话 |
[14:55] | They’ll be with you when they can. | 等他们谈完了就会见你 |
[15:04] | Fancy seeing you here. | 很高兴在这见到你 |
[15:07] | Now, you behave yourself in there, Holmes. | 你进去之后别惹事 福尔摩斯 |
[15:09] | I assure you, I want only to catch a bomber. | 我向你保证 我只是想抓到那个袭击者 |
[15:11] | I have no interest in compromising your employment. | 并不想砸了你的饭碗 |
[15:19] | Uh, excuse me. | 对不起 |
[15:21] | Assistants wait out here. | 助手要在外面等 |
[15:23] | Right. | 没错 |
[15:29] | Consulting for the NYPD. | 纽约警局的顾问 |
[15:32] | Good for you. | 很厉害嘛 |
[15:33] | I admire people who can make it work in the public sector. | 我很敬佩那些在政府部分工作的人 |
[15:36] | And Gareth here says that you guys think | 加莱斯说你们认为 |
[15:38] | this Aurelius thing may be just a smokescreen. | 奥里利乌斯的事只是一个障眼法 |
[15:42] | Well, like I-I said, Dick, we’re exploring the possibility. | 我说了 迪克 我们在调查这种可能性 |
[15:48] | We think one of your executives may have been targeted. | 我们认为你的一个副总裁才是袭击目标 |
[15:51] | How did Lawrence Iver fit into the hierarchy here? | 劳伦斯·伊凡在公司里表现怎样 |
[15:56] | Larry? | 拉里 |
[15:57] | He was an ace. | 他很优秀 |
[15:59] | Started out in Dallas. | 在达拉斯分部很出众 |
[16:00] | He made our clients a boatload trading distressed debt. | 他通过交易不良债券为我们的客户赚了很多钱 |
[16:04] | Came here to the mother ship five years ago. | 五年前来到总部 |
[16:06] | He had been on the commodities desk ever since. | 从那以后一直负责商品期货 |
[16:09] | Did he have any enemies at the company? | 他在公司里有什么敌人吗 |
[16:12] | I guess. | 有吧 |
[16:14] | We all do. | 我们都有 |
[16:15] | Larry told people who came to work for him: | 拉里跟为他的下属说 |
[16:18] | you eat what you kill here or you starve. | 要么杀死别人吃肉 要么你就饿死 |
[16:21] | And some people respond to… | 有些人能应付 |
[16:22] | that pressure and some people simply wilt. | 这种压力 有些人就畏缩了 |
[16:25] | Excuse me, what are you doing? | 不好意思 你在干嘛 |
[16:27] | Is this your book? | 这是你的书吗 |
[16:28] | Yes, it is. | 是的 没错 |
[16:31] | I spent two summers as a fire watcher | 我在大提顿国家公园 |
[16:31] | 提顿 理查德·巴斯尔 著 | |
[16:33] | at Grand Teton National Park. | 当了两年的火情观察员 |
[16:35] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[16:37] | Sorry. Could I speak with you outside for a moment? | 抱歉 我能跟你出去聊一下吗 |
[16:47] | What was your boss doing at the Griffin Hotel | 你的老板在爆炸前夜 |
[16:48] | under an assumed name, the night before the bombing? | 用笔名出现在格里芬酒店 |
[16:52] | What? | 什么 |
[16:52] | “Jacques St. Teton.” sound familiar? | “雅克·圣·提顿”听起来耳熟吗 |
[16:54] | If it doesn’t, I’ll just ask him. | 如果不耳熟 那我自己问他 |
[16:56] | Oh, you-you’ll do no such thing. | 别这么干 |
[16:57] | Truepenny, just go, just go get security. | 楚佩妮 去叫保安 |
[16:59] | – On it. – You’re kicking us out? | -这就去 -你要把我们赶出去吗 |
[17:00] | Lawrence Iver was a potential CEO. | 劳伦斯·伊凡是个潜在的首席执行官 |
[17:01] | Your boss is a current CEO. | 而你老板是现任首席执行官 |
[17:03] | You can see how he might feel threatened. | 你很明白他可能会感到地位受到威胁 |
[17:04] | I knew it– you can’t stand the fact that I’ve built | 我明白了 你无法忍受我自己 |
[17:06] | something for myself, can you? | 有所建树的事实 对吗 |
[17:08] | That is a great man in there, | 那里面是个伟大的人 |
[17:10] | and I’m not gonna have you harass him | 不会因为你对我有一些奇怪的牢骚 |
[17:11] | because you’ve got some kind of bizarre beef with me. | 就让你去骚扰他 |
[17:14] | Gentlemen, please. | 先生们 请 |
[17:21] | Mr. St. Teton checked in just after 7:00. I wasn’t on duty | 圣·提顿先生七点之后入住 那晚 |
[17:25] | that night. Let me see if I can find the footage. | 我没当值 我看看能不能找到录像 |
[17:31] | Here we go. | 找到了 |
[17:41] | Lestrade is “Jacques St. Teton?” | 雷斯垂德就是雅克·圣·提顿吗 |
[17:44] | Or he handled the check-in for his boss. | 要么他就在为他的老板办理入住 |
[17:46] | Either way, he’s more than just an annoyance now. | 不管如何 他现在可不只是有点烦人了 |
[17:51] | He’s involved in this somehow. | 他已经卷进来了 |
[18:02] | Okay, just so I’m clear, | 那我问清楚 |
[18:04] | you don’t think your ex-partner | 你不会是认为你的前搭档 |
[18:05] | helped plan a mass murder, do you? | 帮忙策划了一次大谋杀吧 |
[18:07] | Not wittingly. He may have been duped | 不是有意的 他也许是被骗 |
[18:09] | into renting the room without being privy to the larger plan. | 租下那间房 而不知道背后的阴谋 |
[18:14] | Maybe. Or it could have nothing to do | 也许 也可能这跟谋杀 |
[18:16] | with the murders. I mean, | 没有任何关系 |
[18:17] | would the room have been a convenient place | 这间房是不是放炸弹的 |
[18:19] | to assemble a bomb? Sure. | 好地方呢 当然是 |
[18:20] | But the guy is a Wall Street CEO. | 但这个人是华尔街的首席执行官 |
[18:23] | I mean, if he wanted to get rid of someone, | 如果他想除掉某个人 |
[18:25] | there are easier ways to do it. | 会有更简单的方式 |
[18:27] | We-We could show Balsille this tape, see what he says. | 我们可以让巴斯尔看看录像 看他怎么说 |
[18:30] | We’ve already given him the opportunity to be forthright. | 我们已经给过他坦白的机会了 |
[18:38] | All right if I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[18:43] | I owe you an apology. | 我欠你一个道歉 |
[18:46] | You’ve got your process, and I’ve got mine. | 你有你的破案方法 我有我的 |
[18:50] | We’ve got to accommodate each other, | 我们应该互相适应 |
[18:52] | I realize that now. | 我现在明白了 |
[18:54] | I got territorial. | 我防范心太强 |
[18:56] | I was wrong, and I’m-I’m sorry. | 我错了 我很抱歉 |
[19:01] | Apology accepted. | 我接受你的道歉 |
[19:10] | So, did you find out anything interesting today? | 那你今天发现什么有趣的事了吗 |
[19:14] | No. | 没有 |
[19:17] | Unfortunately, the hotel had already recorded over | 很不幸 雅克·圣·提顿入住酒店的录像 |
[19:19] | the footage of Jacques St. Teton checking in. | 已经被覆盖了 |
[19:22] | Look, I’m gonna save us all a little bit of time here. | 我来为大家节省一点时间吧 |
[19:27] | I meant what I said earlier around about Richard Balsille | 我之前说过理查德·巴斯尔 |
[19:29] | being a-a great man, but unfortunately, | 是个伟大的人 但是很不幸 |
[19:32] | that doesn’t always mean a good one. | 伟人并不一定总是好人 |
[19:35] | Yeah, he has a tendency to step out on his wife. | 他总是对他的妻子不忠 |
[19:39] | Books himself a room. | 给他自己订了一间房 |
[19:40] | And we don’t know about anything till it’s done. | 知道事情发生之后我们才知道 |
[19:43] | Well, thanks for clearing that up. | 谢谢你说明这一点 |
[19:45] | Yeah, well, it’s important | 是的 这很重要 |
[19:46] | that we’re not rowing in different directions here. | 省的我们力使不到一块 |
[19:51] | You know, you might be right. | 知道吗 你也许是对的 |
[19:53] | about Aurelius’s note being a fake. | 奥里利乌斯的留言可能是伪造的 |
[19:55] | But that waiter, John Bowden– I mean, he disappears | 但那个侍者 约翰·鲍登 |
[19:58] | ten minutes before the explosion, | 他在爆炸前十分钟离开 |
[19:59] | and then he drops off the face of the planet. | 然后就人间蒸发了 |
[20:01] | I mean, he could have done it on his own. | 他很可能是自己做的 |
[20:02] | Well, we can’t rule it out until we’ve found the man. | 我们找到他之前不能排除这种可能 |
[20:06] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[20:09] | So, to a new spirit of cooperation then, Holmes? | 为了新的合作精神 福尔摩斯 |
[20:20] | I’d suggest a toast, | 我本想建议喝一杯 |
[20:21] | but we haven’t got any coconut water. | 但我们没有椰子汁了 |
[20:27] | Well, I guess this is good night. | 我想这就是晚安的意思了 |
[20:32] | Oh, right, yes, uh… | 啊 是的 |
[20:34] | Remarkable man. | 非凡之人 |
[20:36] | You know, you’re very lucky. | 知道吗 你很幸运 |
[20:37] | What? | 什么 |
[20:38] | Oh, yes, I know. | 对 我知道 |
[20:40] | He could say the same of you, of course. | 当然 他也会对你做出同样的评价 |
[20:42] | – Oh, thank you. – I mean, Miss Truepenny, | -谢谢你 -我是说 楚佩妮小姐 |
[20:44] | she tries, but you know what they say, | 她很努力 但你也知道俗话说的 |
[20:47] | “Good help is hard to find.” | “好帮手难寻” |
[20:50] | A good partner is actually hard to find, as well. | 好的搭档也一样难寻 |
[20:53] | Yes, I think about the money that I pay her– | 是的 我一想到付给她的那些钱 |
[20:55] | money in the private sector’s quite obscene… | 私企的钱可不好拿 |
[20:58] | compared to what us foot soldiers are used to. | 想想我们这些步兵之前的待遇吧 |
[21:01] | So, anyway, if you want to discuss anything further, | 所以 如果你想跟我更深入地讨论任何事 |
[21:05] | you need any more information, please, don’t hesitate. | 需要任何信息 请不要犹豫 |
[21:08] | So, give me a call. | 给我打电话吧 |
[21:10] | Thank you. I will keep that in mind. | 谢谢你 我会记住的 |
[21:13] | I think Lestrade just tried to recruit me. | 我想雷斯垂德刚才是想雇我 |
[21:18] | “Gareth Lestrade, Consulting Detective. | “加莱斯·雷斯垂德 顾问侦探 |
[21:20] | When you’ve eliminated the impossible.” | 当你已经排除了不可能” |
[21:23] | Well, perhaps we can play this to our advantage. | 也许我们能够把这个变成我们的优势 |
[21:25] | What did you tell him? | 你跟他说什么了 |
[21:26] | I told him I’d call him, maybe. | 我跟他说我也许会给他打电话的 |
[21:28] | Oh, I also stole his phone. | 我还偷了他的电话 |
[21:30] | If you want to know what he’s up to, it’s a good place to start. | 如果你想知道他的打算 可以从这开始 |
[21:32] | I thought you weren’t convinced that the bombing was connected | 我以为你曾很坚信那个炸弹与 |
[21:34] | to the renting of the hotel room. | 开酒店房间有关 |
[21:35] | I’m not. Lestrade knew damn well | 我没有 雷斯垂德清楚知道 |
[21:37] | that Balsille rented that room. He checked him in. | 巴斯尔开了那间房 是他去登记入住的 |
[21:40] | He lied to us. I want to know why. | 他对我们撒了谎 我想知道原因 |
[21:45] | Mmm! Smells good. | 闻起来不错 |
[21:52] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[21:54] | You only make those when you need to calm down. | 你只会在需要冷静的时候做这东西 |
[21:57] | I spent several minutes last night | 昨晚我花了几分钟 |
[21:58] | trying to work out Lestrade’s password. | 试图破解雷斯垂德的手机密码 |
[22:01] | Birthday? | 生日 |
[22:02] | The year Tottenham last won the FA Cup. | 托特纳姆最后一次赢得足总杯的那一年 |
[22:04] | Ages ago, by the way. | 很久之前的事了 |
[22:06] | Anyway, the rest of the evening was spent | 不管怎样 昨晚剩下的时间就用来 |
[22:08] | reviewing the contents of the phone. | 检查手机内容上了 |
[22:11] | “Operation Firewall”? | 防火墙行动 |
[22:12] | It’s the ham-fisted name | 这个蠢称号指的 |
[22:14] | that Balsille gave to a project he handed off to Lestrade. | 是巴斯尔交给雷斯垂德的一个项目 |
[22:19] | These are all about Lawrence Iver. | 都是关于劳伦斯·伊凡的 |
[22:21] | Apparently Balsille did view the man as a rival. | 显然巴斯尔确实把这位当成了竞争对手 |
[22:25] | He had his phones tapped, | 他在手机上做了手脚 |
[22:26] | he monitored every e-mail he ever sent | 监控着他发送的每一封邮件 |
[22:28] | and with good reason. | 并且有个很好的理由 |
[22:30] | Iver was working with members of the Board of Directors | 伊凡正在和理事会的成员合作 |
[22:32] | to have Balsille ousted from his post as CEO. | 试图将巴斯尔赶下总裁的位置 |
[22:36] | So he was planning a coup. | 就是说他在谋划政变 |
[22:39] | And Balsille knew about it. | 而巴斯尔也知道了 |
[22:43] | You know, I know you’ve worked with Lestrade for a long time, | 我明白你和雷斯垂德之前合作过很久 |
[22:46] | but it’s getting kind of hard not to think of him | 但是现在很难不将他 |
[22:47] | as a straight-up suspect. | 当做嫌疑犯了 |
[22:49] | Thus the Yorkshires. | 约克郡便是如此 |
[22:53] | Sherlock Holmes. | 夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[22:53] | I have Gareth Lestrade calling. | 加莱斯·雷斯垂德想找你 |
[22:55] | Yes? | 请讲 |
[22:58] | Holmes. | 福尔摩斯 |
[23:00] | I found John Bowden. | 我找到约翰·鲍登了 |
[23:02] | Well, his grandmother has an apartment | 他的祖母有一所公寓 |
[23:03] | that’s still registered in her name, | 还注册在她的名下 |
[23:05] | even though she died three years ago. | 可是她三年前就已经死了 |
[23:07] | So I had, uh, Captain Gregson | 所以我让格雷森警监 |
[23:08] | send that little fella down to have a look. | 派那小伙子去看了看 |
[23:11] | John Bowden was hiding in there. | 约翰·鲍登正好藏在那里 |
[23:13] | They’re on their way to the station now. | 他们现在正往局里去呢 |
[23:15] | I’ll see you there. | 到那里见 |
[23:18] | Go to the police station. Make an excuse for me. | 去趟警局 帮我编个借口 |
[23:20] | I shall keep after Lestrade. | 我去查查雷斯垂德 |
[23:34] | Don’t. | 别 |
[23:35] | I’m supposed to meet him. | 我是来见他的 |
[23:37] | He takes quiet time before he sits with a suspect. | 他需要在面对嫌犯前清静一段时间 |
[23:45] | I see what you’re doing, you know. | 我看到你做的事了 知道吗 |
[23:47] | I beg your pardon? | 你在说什么 |
[23:48] | All this… sashaying about, | 你这种大摇大摆的样子 |
[23:50] | trying to impress him. | 想要给他留下印象 |
[23:52] | It won’t work. This is my job. | 那不会起作用的 这是我的工作 |
[23:56] | Where’s Holmes? | 福尔摩斯呢 |
[23:57] | He said to start without him. | 他说不用等他了 |
[23:59] | Oh, you left this at our place last night. | 你昨晚把这个落在我们那里了 |
[24:09] | I didn’t set off a bomb. | 我没用放置炸弹 |
[24:11] | I left work because I really did feel like | 我离开餐厅真的是因为觉得 |
[24:12] | I was coming down with something. | 自己身体不适 |
[24:14] | I stopped off at my gym on the way home to get a massage, | 我回家的中途去健身房按摩了一下 |
[24:17] | and when it was over, | 当做完的时候 |
[24:18] | the bombing stuff was on the news. | 那炸弹的消息就上新闻了 |
[24:20] | Yeah, well, that’s a lot of old bollocks, isn’t it? | 是啊 真是典型的胡扯 |
[24:22] | I mean, if you didn’t do anything, why were you hiding? | 如果说你什么都没做 那躲起来干什么 |
[24:25] | I freaked out when I saw that Aurelius took credit. | 当奥里利乌斯宣布负责的时候我吓坏了 |
[24:29] | Look, I go to this web forum, okay? | 你看 我经常上一个网站 好吗 |
[24:31] | It’s people who started with occupy, | 是一群发起抗议的人 |
[24:33] | but everyone’s a little more… | 但是每个人都有点 |
[24:35] | aggressive about change. | 对改革有点激进 |
[24:37] | Radical. | 激进分子 |
[24:38] | I used to talk about the government people and bankers | 我曾说过关于政府官员和银行人士 |
[24:41] | that come into the restaurant. | 来餐厅的一些事情 |
[24:42] | You know, just angry stuff. | 你知道 就是些愤青的东西 |
[24:45] | So this guy– he calls himself Cassius on the site– | 有这么个人 他在网站上叫自己卡西乌斯 |
[24:47] | he was always asking me to tell him whenever those lunches got booked. | 他总来问我那些午餐定的是什么时间 |
[24:51] | Cassius was one of | 卡西乌斯曾是 |
[24:52] | Marcus Aurelius’s generals. | 马尔库斯·奥列里乌斯手下的一名将军 |
[24:54] | I didn’t think about that at the time. | 我那时候没想那么多 |
[24:55] | I just figured he wanted to stage a protest or something. | 我以为他只是想策划个抗议游行什么的 |
[24:58] | So I told him. | 所以我就告诉他了 |
[25:00] | Then the bomb goes off, | 然后炸弹爆炸了 |
[25:01] | Aurelius takes credit, I make the connection, | 奥里利乌斯宣布负责 我发现了联系 |
[25:03] | and I hid, because… I don’t know, | 我藏起来是因为 我不知道 |
[25:07] | I told him they were coming. | 是我告诉他他们要来的 |
[25:08] | I don’t know if that makes me an accessory or something… | 我不知道会不会把我当从犯还是什么 |
[25:11] | – That’s enough, John. – Well, who are you? | -约翰 说这些就够了 -你是谁 |
[25:13] | Your father retained me. | 你父亲雇的我 |
[25:15] | Look, you guys can search my computers, whatever. | 你们可以去搜我的电脑 随便什么 |
[25:17] | I don’t know how to make a bomb… | 我不知道怎么制造炸弹 |
[25:18] | Enough. | 够了 |
[25:19] | No more questions. | 别再回答了 |
[25:27] | This kid read “Killer” To you? | 你看这孩子像杀手吗 |
[25:39] | Hello. | 你好 |
[25:41] | How did you get in here? | 你怎么进来的 |
[25:43] | I think you’ve allowed yourself to become a bit of a fool. | 我觉得你渐渐让自己堕落成了傻瓜 |
[25:47] | But in spite of that… | 但尽管如此 |
[25:50] | I can’t believe you’re so far gone | 我还是无法相信你会更进一步 |
[25:51] | you’d allow yourself to be involved in a murder. | 让自己卷入谋杀案里 |
[25:54] | Right, so, what? | 是啊 所以呢… |
[25:55] | You… you break in my safe, do you? | 所以你就撬开了我的保险箱 是吧 |
[25:58] | I have video of you dismantling the security camera | 我有你破坏格里芬酒店 |
[26:01] | at the Griffin Hotel. | 安保摄像头的录像 |
[26:02] | I’ve got e-mails | 我还有邮件 |
[26:04] | which confirm you knew | 能证明你知道 |
[26:06] | about Lawrence Iver’s plans to stage a coup at Whitbrook-Balsille. | 劳伦斯·伊凡要在维布鲁克-巴斯尔策划变革 |
[26:11] | Oh, so, I see. | 我明白了 |
[26:11] | So I didn’t actually | 所以我的手机 |
[26:14] | leave my phone at your house, did I? | 不是不小心掉在你家的吧 |
[26:17] | No, no, you nicked it. | 是你偷来的 |
[26:18] | Watson did. | 华生偷的 |
[26:19] | I don’t think she’s coming to work for you, by the way. | 顺便说一句 我觉得她不会去为你工作 |
[26:22] | Anyway… | 不管怎样… |
[26:23] | Now, in your hotel suite, | 现在 在你的酒店房间里 |
[26:25] | I find evidence of a clandestine surveillance program on Iver. | 我发现了你秘密监视伊凡的证据 |
[26:30] | Detailed notes about his comings and goings. | 有关他出入的详细记录 |
[26:32] | Now, if I presented all this to the police, | 如果我把这些都交给警察 |
[26:35] | I rather think they’d be inclined to view you | 我想他们肯定会把你当成 |
[26:37] | as a potential conspiracist in a murder. | 谋杀的嫌疑犯 |
[26:40] | Are you? | 你是吗 |
[26:43] | No. | 不是 |
[26:45] | Oh, come on, Sherlock, | 得了吧 夏洛克 |
[26:46] | for God’s sakes, I mean, come on, you know me. | 看在老天的份儿上 你了解我的 |
[26:48] | The Lestrade I know would not | 我认识的雷斯垂德不会 |
[26:49] | summon a helicopter to travel eight blocks. | 为走八个街区就叫直升机 |
[26:51] | Well, you know, I… I might have been showing off a bit. | 这个…我可能是想炫耀一下 |
[26:55] | Doesn’t mean I go round blowing up lunches, does it? | 但这也不意味着我会去炸餐馆 是不是 |
[26:59] | Now, Balsille… | 巴斯尔… |
[27:00] | he’s paranoid. I mean, all CEO’s are. | 他很多疑 所有的首席执行官都是 |
[27:03] | But he was right to be worried about Iver, though. | 但他的确应该担心伊凡 |
[27:05] | And he asked me to find out a little something about Iver | 他让我找点跟伊凡有关的事 |
[27:08] | that might help get him fired. | 方便他解雇他 |
[27:09] | And that’s it. | 就这样 |
[27:11] | So why did you rent a hotel room at the Griffin | 但你为什么要在爆炸前夜 |
[27:12] | the night before the explosion? | 在格里芬酒店开一间房呢 |
[27:17] | Well, I suppose you get rich enough… | 我想如果你足够富有 |
[27:21] | your appetites… | 你的欲望… |
[27:23] | grow right alongside the size of your portfolio. | 就会随着你的持股数而增加 |
[27:26] | Well, the way I heard it… | 我听说… |
[27:30] | it started the same way for Balsille. | 巴斯尔也是这样 |
[27:33] | Wives of colleagues… | 同事的妻子… |
[27:35] | No, we’ve been over this. If he was having affairs, | 不 我们说过这个了 如果他有外遇的话 |
[27:37] | you wouldn’t have bothered to lie. | 你不需要撒谎的 |
[27:38] | I haven’t even started yet. | 我还没怎么说呢 |
[27:46] | Well, anyway, it went from… | 不管怎样 从那里 |
[27:48] | there to call girls. | 发展到了应召女 |
[27:51] | Eventually– and this is way before | 最终 这远在我开始 |
[27:53] | I actually started working with him– | 为他工作之前 |
[27:54] | he got bored of them, too. | 他也厌倦了她们 |
[27:57] | Yeah, he felt that he deserved | 他觉得他理所应当 |
[27:59] | something that nobody else could get. | 得到没人能得到的 |
[28:01] | Now, the thing is, about my boss, you see… | 现在 我的老板… |
[28:03] | he’s constantly on the lookout for someone to sleep with him. | 他经常寻找跟他上床的人 |
[28:06] | Doesn’t matter who they are. | 不管她们是谁 |
[28:08] | You know, married women… | 已婚妇女… |
[28:10] | even the odd bloke. | 甚至老女人 |
[28:12] | But when he spots one, | 他每发现一个 |
[28:14] | he does a little bit of analysis. You know… | 就做点小分析 |
[28:17] | what do they want, what do they need? | 她们喜欢什么 她们需要什么 |
[28:19] | And then he puts together an offer. | 然后他弄好一个提议 |
[28:23] | Money. Access. | 钱啊 权限啊 |
[28:24] | Favors. | 好处啊 |
[28:26] | Proper life-changing stuff, actually. | 能改变人生的东西 |
[28:29] | So he views everyone he meets as a potential prostitute. | 所以他把他见到的所有人都看成潜在妓女 |
[28:33] | Well, the bizarre thing is actually that… | 但奇怪的事实是… |
[28:36] | he’s right more often than one would care to think about. | 他正确的次数比别人想象的要多很多 |
[28:41] | You see, nobody’s doing anything | 每一次都是 |
[28:42] | that they don’t actually agree to, | 经过她们同意的 |
[28:44] | so technically, nothing’s illegal. | 所以严格来说 并不犯法 |
[28:48] | But can you imagine the scandal if it got out? | 但你能想象如果传出去会成为怎样的丑闻吗 |
[28:50] | I mean, whew! Pfft! He’d be done. | 他就完了 |
[28:53] | Well, it’s mildly distasteful, I suppose. | 真有点恶心 |
[28:57] | But why all the secrecy? | 为什么这么保密 |
[29:00] | I’m hardly the type to go running to the press | 我也不是那种会向媒体爆料 |
[29:02] | with a man’s secrets. | 别人秘密的人 |
[29:04] | I wasn’t protecting him. | 我不是在保护他 |
[29:08] | I was protecting myself. | 我是在保护自己 |
[29:11] | You see, he doesn’t handle the approach himself. | 他并不亲自接触她们 |
[29:14] | No, that’d be way too compromising– no, you see… | 那太不体面了 |
[29:17] | you see, I do. | 是我去 |
[29:19] | I make the offer. | 我向她们提出来 |
[29:20] | I check in to the hotel so no one sees Dick’s face. | 我去酒店登记 就没人会看到迪克的脸 |
[29:24] | No, I wasn’t planning a murder. | 我没有计划谋杀 |
[29:27] | I was acting as a rich man’s pimp. | 我是一个富人的皮条客 |
[29:31] | And why not tell me? | 你为什么不告诉我 |
[29:35] | Right, so you’d do this kind of work, would you? | 那你也会做这种事吗 |
[29:37] | No, of course not. | 不 当然不 |
[29:38] | But isn’t it better I know about it | 但让我知道 |
[29:40] | than I think you’re part of some conspiracy? | 总比让我把你当成什么阴谋的一部分要好吧 |
[29:42] | Look, I was embarrassed, Sherlock. | 听着 我很尴尬 夏洛克 |
[29:44] | Is that so difficult to get your brain around? | 你就那么难想明白吗 |
[29:47] | No, I wanted you to think | 不 我只想让你看到 |
[29:48] | that I was getting by on talent alone. | 我有能力自己活得很好 |
[29:51] | I wasn’t trying to cover up a bombing. | 但我没想着为爆炸案做掩护 |
[29:56] | I mean, you thought that I was… | 我是说 你以前一直觉得我 |
[29:59] | a fool before. | 很白痴 |
[30:03] | What do you think now? | 你现在又怎么看我呢 |
[30:17] | So Lestrade’s boss isn’t a bomber? | 那么雷斯垂德的老板不是炸弹狂 |
[30:20] | It would appear not. | 看样子不像 |
[30:21] | So what is he, a serial indecent proposer? | 那么他是什么 桃色交易人 |
[30:24] | Look on the bright side. | 这也有好的一面 |
[30:26] | At least Lestrade recruited you for detective work. | 至少雷斯垂德是想招募你做侦探工作 |
[30:27] | It could have been a very different offer. | 而不是别的什么交易 |
[30:30] | Thanks for putting that in my head. | 多谢你提醒我这点 |
[30:31] | So how is he? | 那么他怎么样了 |
[30:33] | It couldn’t have been easy for him to admit that. | 承认这种事情 他一定很不好受 |
[30:35] | If he hasn’t passed out already, | 如果他现在没气晕过去 |
[30:37] | he’s probably sulking. | 那就是在生闷气吧 |
[30:38] | Lestrade’s deceptions were a time-consuming dead end. | 雷斯垂德的隐瞒让我们浪费了不少时间 |
[30:42] | We have a murderer to catch. | 我们还有凶手要抓 |
[30:43] | I watched the video of your interview with John Bowden. | 我看了你们审问约翰·鲍登的录像 |
[30:45] | I found his claims to have inadvertently passed | 我发现他承认自己不小心把信息泄露给 |
[30:47] | the information on to Aurelius quite interesting. | 奥里利乌斯这件事非常有趣 |
[30:50] | I thought Aurelius’s letter was a fake. | 我认为奥里利乌斯的信是伪造的 |
[30:52] | It doesn’t read like the man, | 读起来不像他的风格 |
[30:52] | but it’s quite possible he wasn’t doing his best work that day. | 当然也可能是因为他那天状态不佳 |
[30:55] | In any case, I thought I would ask him myself. | 无论如何 我打算直接和他沟通 |
[30:57] | So I had the department | 所以我让警局把所有 |
[30:58] | send over their files on Aurelius. | 有关奥里利乌斯的案件都送过来 |
[31:00] | The FBI has had a task force | 联邦调查局有一支专门的行动小组 |
[31:01] | searching for Aurelius for years. | 这几年里一直在搜查他的下落 |
[31:03] | You think you’re just going to look through a bunch of NYPD files | 所以你打算看完纽约警局的所有案件资料 |
[31:06] | and find him, just like that? | 然后找到他 是吗 |
[31:08] | Hmm. Of course you do. | 你当然是这么打算的 |
[31:28] | Why is Romulus outside my door? | 为什么罗穆卢斯在我房门外 |
[31:31] | That’s Remus. | 那是瑞摩斯 |
[31:32] | I don’t care which cock I’m holding, | 我不管这只公鸡[阴茎]叫什么 |
[31:33] | I just want to know how it got there. | 我只想知道它怎么到我房间门口的 |
[31:36] | Okay, congratulations. | 好吧 恭喜你 |
[31:38] | You got me to say it. | 你还是让我说了那个词 |
[31:39] | I don’t know if you’ve settled on an epitaph yet, | 我不知道你是否决定好墓志铭写什么 |
[31:40] | but it does occur to me that would look fantastic on a tombstone. | 但我觉得那放在墓碑上一定很好看 |
[31:42] | Why is the chicken outside my door? | 为什么这只鸡会在我门口 |
[31:44] | To wake you, of course. | 当然是为了叫醒你 |
[31:46] | I ran an experiment last night. | 我昨晚做了个实验 |
[31:47] | I reached out to a contact at NASA. | 我联系了国家航空航天局的一个线人 |
[31:49] | She gained a bit of notoriety a few years back | 她几年前的名声不太好听 |
[31:51] | when I pointed out to her the reasons that Pluto is, in fact, | 因为我告诉了她冥王星是一个外海王星体 |
[31:53] | a trans-Neptunian object rather than a planet. | 而不是行星的原因 |
[31:56] | She was more than happy | 她非常乐意地 |
[31:57] | to provide me with thermal maps of New York. | 给了我纽约的热普地图 |
[32:03] | They’re heat scans of the city, | 这些是纽约的热度扫描 |
[32:05] | performed by satellite, | 由卫星拍摄的 |
[32:06] | one week before attacks by Aurelius. | 奥里利乌斯袭击案前一周的图像 |
[32:09] | In 2006, a bomb exploded | 2006年 一枚炸弹 |
[32:11] | at the offices of a hedge fund. | 在某对冲基金办公室外爆炸 |
[32:13] | Four years ago, an explosion at | 四年前 一起发生在某经济智库的 |
[32:15] | an economic think tank claimed two lives. | 爆炸案造成两人死亡 |
[32:18] | This one is from one week before the bombing of the restaurant. | 这是餐厅爆炸案发生一周前的照片 |
[32:20] | In every case, there is a minute | 在每一起案子中 都有一个微小 |
[32:23] | but perceptible heat spike in Queens | 但肉眼可察觉的热峰值 |
[32:28] | one week before a bomb goes off. | 出现在案件发生一周前的皇后区 |
[32:30] | Each one represents something burning | 每一个热峰值都代表了某种物质 |
[32:31] | at several thousand degrees. | 燃烧时的几千度高温 |
[32:33] | Now, when we look closer at the heat spikes, | 现在 当我们仔细观察这些热峰值时 |
[32:36] | we see that they originate in Woodside, Queens, | 我们能发现这些都来自皇后区伍德赛德街 |
[32:41] | just behind… | 就在这座房子 |
[32:46] | …this house. | 后面 |
[32:49] | Well, Aurelius uses magnesium tape to detonate his bombs. | 奥里利乌斯一般用镁带引爆炸弹 |
[32:53] | That burns at 5,000 degrees. | 燃烧热度为五千度 |
[32:55] | You think he was testing his fuses. | 你觉得他在测试引线 |
[32:57] | A man named Mason Caldwell lives in this house. | 一个叫梅森·考德威尔的人住在这里 |
[33:00] | He’s filed for unemployment benefits twice, | 他申请过两次失业补助 |
[33:02] | each time after being fired from his job | 两次都是被工程公司 |
[33:04] | at an engineering firm. | 解雇的 |
[33:06] | You found Aurelius. | 你找到了奥里利乌斯 |
[33:16] | You forgot to call me. | 你忘了叫我 |
[33:17] | Just… | 快点 |
[33:24] | Must’ve been an oversight. | 希望你是一时疏忽 |
[33:27] | Gregson, he gave me the heads up. | 格雷森 他告诉了我事情的大概 |
[33:30] | Morning, Miss Watson. | 早上好 华生小姐 |
[33:31] | Mm. Morning. | 早上好 |
[33:33] | So, you decided to find Aurelius. | 所以 你决定去找奥里利乌斯 |
[33:39] | And here we are. | 我们就来这儿了 |
[33:41] | May I remind you this is a good thing. | 我得提醒你这是件好事 |
[33:43] | I pursued a theory– | 我追踪的这个理论 |
[33:44] | developed by you, I might add– | 是你提出的 我可能加工了一下 |
[33:47] | and now we might be on the verge of a breakthrough. | 现在我们很可能有重大收获 |
[33:49] | You might even call it a collaboration of sorts. | 你甚至能称之为某种通力合作 |
[33:51] | Yeah, nice try, Sherlock. | 说得真好 夏洛克 |
[33:53] | I’m not that gullible. | 我又不傻 |
[33:55] | When I told Watson about this, she was happy. | 我告诉华生这件事的时候 她就很高兴 |
[33:57] | Please don’t bring me into this. | 别把我扯进去 |
[33:58] | That’s the difference between you and her. | 这就是你和她的区别 |
[34:00] | You spend your time resenting my abilities, | 你花时间怨恨我的能力 |
[34:02] | and she spends her time developing her own. | 她花时间提升自己的能力 |
[34:04] | If you’d had done the same, | 如果你也这么做 |
[34:06] | you might’ve built a practice you were proud of. | 你很可能已经有让你自己骄傲的事迹了 |
[34:09] | No answer. | 没人应门 |
[34:10] | But he had a few packages from a chemical supply at the door. | 但他门前有几个装着化学物品的邮包 |
[34:13] | We texted pictures of the packages | 我们把包裹的照片 |
[34:15] | and the heat signature over to a judge. | 和温度标记发给了一位法官 |
[34:18] | He’s issuing a warrant. | 他正在签发搜查令 |
[34:20] | We’re going in. | 我们要进去了 |
[34:32] | Mason Caldwell! | 梅森·考德威尔 |
[34:33] | It’s NYPD! | 我们是纽约警局的 |
[34:39] | Back! | 后门 |
[34:42] | Clear! | 安全 |
[34:44] | As far as we can tell, the bomb he was making | 据我们所知 他做的炸弹 |
[34:46] | was supposed to release a cloud of chlorine gas | 应该会在爆炸后释放出氯气 |
[34:49] | after it went off, something went wrong | 在他用混合物做实验的时候 |
[34:52] | while he was experimenting with the mix, | 出了一些问题 |
[34:54] | he inhaled some gas, | 他吸入了一些气体 |
[34:55] | and collapsed on the magnesium tape while it was still burning. | 然后倒在了还在燃烧的镁带上 |
[35:01] | It doesn’t make any sense. | 这说不通啊 |
[35:03] | The bomb at the restaurant had shrapnel in it, not gas. | 饭店的炸弹里有榴霰弹 没有气体 |
[35:06] | That’s because Mason Caldwell | 那是因为梅森·考德威尔的 |
[35:08] | wasn’t planning an attack on a restaurant. | 攻击目标不是饭店 |
[35:10] | He was gonna dispatch this bomb to a biotech company. | 他打算把这颗炸弹送到一家生物科技公司 |
[35:14] | Well, he’s been dead at least a week. | 他已经死了至少一周了 |
[35:17] | Which means that Aurelius did not set | 这意味着不是奥里利乌斯 |
[35:18] | that bomb off at the restaurant. | 把炸弹放在饭店的 |
[35:28] | Uh… are you…? | 你准备… |
[35:32] | Are you gonna answer that or…? | 你准备接电话还是… |
[35:36] | 来电 雷斯垂德 | |
[35:38] | I swear, working with the man | 我发誓 跟那个人共事 |
[35:40] | has thrown something out of calibration. | 绝对会拖我们的后腿 |
[35:42] | How else to explain such a persistent lack of results? | 不然怎么解释我们一直没结果这件事 |
[35:45] | We did find Aurelius. | 我们确实找到了奥里利乌斯 |
[35:48] | A by-product of the investigation. | 这只是调查的意外收获 |
[35:53] | Did you change Lestrade’s ringtone on my phone? | 你把我手机上雷斯垂德的铃声改了 |
[35:55] | I decided to revisit the notion that the three people | 我决定再考虑一下坐在弹片的有效射程内的 |
[35:57] | who sat in the pathway of the payload of shrapnel | 那三个人是潜在攻击目标的 |
[36:00] | were potential targets. | 这个想法 |
[36:02] | The Department of Labor bureaucrat was happily married, | 那位劳工部的官员婚姻美满 |
[36:05] | by all accounts mild and pleasant. | 据说非常温和友善 |
[36:07] | The Whitbrook-Balsille executive… | 维布鲁克-巴斯尔的副总裁… |
[36:10] | the Whitbrook-Balsille executives were beef-witted sociopaths | 维布鲁克-巴斯尔的副总裁是白痴反社会者 |
[36:13] | who had sold the world on the idea | 他们让全世界都认为 |
[36:14] | that playing Three-card Monte was somehow a respectable profession. | 玩”三牌猜一”是个令人尊敬的职业 |
[36:17] | But they’re hardly alone in that, are they? | 但不光只有他们这么认为 对吧 |
[36:24] | We’re not picking up the phone because we’re working. | 我们不接电话是因为我们在工作 |
[36:26] | Who’d you tell, Holmes? | 你都告诉谁了 福尔摩斯 |
[36:29] | Who did I tell what? | 我告诉谁什么了 |
[36:30] | About Balsille, what he gets up to in his spare time. | 巴斯尔的事 关于他在空闲时间里干的事 |
[36:33] | Apart from Watson, nobody. | 除了华生 没别人了 |
[36:34] | – Well, who’d you tell? – No one. | -那你告诉谁了 -没人 |
[36:36] | I only told you. I mean, somebody must’ve told. | 我只告诉你了 一定有人说出去了 |
[36:38] | Now, I’ve got to find them or I’m gonna get fired. | 我得找出是谁 否则我就要被解雇了 |
[36:40] | Wh-what are you talking about?! | 你在说什么啊 |
[36:41] | This! Someone, a couple of hours ago, | 这个 几个小时前 |
[36:43] | sent Balsille a blackmail threat. | 有人给巴斯尔发了勒索信息 |
[36:46] | Claiming they know all about his conquests– | 声称他们知道他所有的战利品 |
[36:48] | dates, names, times. Everything! | 日期 姓名 次数 所有事情 |
[36:53] | Whoever’s doing this, they don’t want money. | 干这事儿的人不是想要钱 |
[36:55] | Well, not exactly. | 不完全是 |
[36:57] | No, they want Balsille to arrange | 不 他们想让巴斯尔安排一周里的 |
[36:59] | for hundreds of stock trades to be made by a week this Friday. | 数百笔交易 从这周五开始 |
[37:02] | Some stocks, some bonds, some U.S. currency. | 一些股票 一些债券 一些美国通货 |
[37:05] | And to disguise it, they want to spread | 为了隐瞒事实 他们想要这些交易 |
[37:07] | the trades across all divisions. | 遍布各个部门 |
[37:09] | Why? | 为什么 |
[37:11] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[37:12] | Well, there’s money in there somewhere. | 这里面一定有钱赚 |
[37:14] | The threat says a week from Friday specifically. | 恐吓信里特别说从这周五开始 |
[37:18] | Yeah, Balsille’s gonna blame me for the leak. | 巴斯尔会怪我走漏消息的 |
[37:22] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[37:23] | I’ve just told you I’m gonna lose my job. | 我刚刚告诉你我可能要失业了 |
[37:25] | – And you find that funny, do you? – No, not at all. | -你觉得那很好笑吗 -一点都不 |
[37:26] | It’s just I’ve learned that the government’s monthly jobs report | 我只是发现下周五是政府工作报告的 |
[37:28] | is due out next Friday. | 截止日 |
[37:30] | Wait… so? | 等等 所以呢 |
[37:32] | I’m fairly certain that this threat is connected | 我很确定这封恐吓信 |
[37:33] | to the bombing at the restaurant. | 跟饭店的爆炸案有关 |
[37:34] | I can also say with near certainty | 我还能肯定地说出 |
[37:36] | who is responsible for both crimes. | 谁该对这两件案子负责 |
[37:56] | We know who’s blackmailing you. | 我们知道谁在勒索你 |
[37:58] | In fact, it’s the same person who blew up that restaurant. | 其实就是那个炸掉饭店的人 |
[38:01] | What? What are they doing here? | 什么 他们来这儿干嘛 |
[38:04] | Well, I’ll let him tell you. | 我会让他告诉你的 |
[38:06] | It’s his solve. | 是他破了案子 |
[38:07] | He’s quite a remarkable detective, actually. | 他实际上是位很出色的侦探 |
[38:09] | Maybe I should hire him. | 也许我应该雇他 |
[38:10] | Vaughn Antonelli was one of the victims of the bombing. | 沃恩·安东内利是爆炸案的受害人之一 |
[38:13] | He was also the chairman of the Benefits Review Board at the Department of Labor. | 他也是劳工部利益审查委员会的主席 |
[38:17] | It’s not a particularly exalted post. | 这不是什么非常高的职位 |
[38:20] | But it does come with one interesting perk– | 但却有一个很大的便利之处 |
[38:22] | the chairman, he’s one of a handful of people | 主席 他是能提前看到劳工部的 |
[38:24] | who has early access to the department’s monthly jobs report. | 月工作报告的几个人之一 |
[38:28] | As I’m sure you’re aware. | 我确定你是知道的 |
[38:29] | The markets can be relied upon to move upwards and downwards | 市场可以根据报告的结果 |
[38:32] | depending on the report’s findings. | 而起伏波动 |
[38:34] | Yes. So? | 对 所以呢 |
[38:35] | So the next one comes out a week from Friday. | 所以下一次报告下周五会出来 |
[38:38] | Whoever’s bribing you is looking | 勒索你的人是想 |
[38:39] | to make a bunch of trades based on whatever’s in that report. | 根据报告里的内容进行一些交易 |
[38:43] | You’d have to see it before everybody else to do that. | 你要在所有人之前看到报告才行 |
[38:46] | So… | 所以 |
[38:48] | it’s someone from Labor. | 这人是劳工部里的 |
[38:51] | Do you know who stands to succeed Vaughn Antonelli? | 你知道由谁来接替沃恩·安东内利的职位吗 |
[38:53] | A woman | 一个名叫 |
[38:55] | named “Michelle Forrester.” | 米歇尔·福雷斯特的女人 |
[38:58] | Her current job didn’t give her access to the jobs report. | 她之前的职位还无法接触到工作报告 |
[39:00] | But now she has it. | 现在就可以了 |
[39:02] | She’s blackmailing me? | 是她在勒索我 |
[39:04] | She was at the table when the bomb went off. | 炸弹爆炸的时候她也在桌上啊 |
[39:06] | Seated rather conveniently | 她的座位很巧妙地 |
[39:08] | out of the path of the blast. | 安排在了爆炸范围以外 |
[39:10] | If you know the seating arrangement, | 如果你知道座位安排 |
[39:11] | and you’re the one building the explosive, | 而你又是安放炸弹的人 |
[39:14] | you can– and she did– arrange things | 你便可以让所受伤害降到最低 |
[39:16] | so that her wounds were relatively minor. | 而她也正是这么做的 |
[39:19] | Once Antonelli was gone, | 只要除掉安东内利 |
[39:20] | Forrester had his title and access to the jobs report. | 福雷斯特就能获得他的职位并能看到工作报告 |
[39:23] | All the pieces were in place. | 一切就绪 |
[39:25] | She could make the blackmail threat. | 她就能实行勒索了 |
[39:27] | To do that, she would have to know about me. | 可她还需要知道我的事情 |
[39:30] | Amazing. So, the name, the photograph– | 真棒 这名字 这照片 |
[39:32] | nothing rings a bell? | 都没让你想起什么吗 |
[39:34] | When Miss Forrester left college, she came here. | 福雷斯特小姐大学毕业后来到这里 |
[39:37] | She won an internship with Whitbrook-Balsille. | 在维布鲁克-巴斯尔开始实习 |
[39:41] | After completing it, she moved into | 实习结束后 她搬进了 |
[39:42] | a brand-new and fully-paid-for apartment in Georgetown, | 乔治城一间付清全款的全新公寓 |
[39:46] | and took a plum appointment at the Department of Labor. | 并进入劳工部任职 |
[39:48] | It was rather a rapid ascent, wouldn’t you say? | 实在是平步青云 不觉得吗 |
[39:51] | You found her price. Didn’t you? | 你们俩也有过性交易 对吧 |
[39:53] | She’d’ve had to find some of your recent conquests | 她需要知道你最近的一些新欢 |
[39:55] | and pay them off to come forward, of course, but… | 并付她们钱来获得信息 这是当然 |
[39:58] | I assume she offered a generous package. | 但我想她提供的条件很诱人 |
[40:01] | So, why are you here? | 所以你们到底来干嘛 |
[40:03] | You want me to tell the cops | 想让我告诉警察 |
[40:04] | that I paid her to go to bed with me? | 我曾经给她钱让她跟我上床吗 |
[40:06] | It would help us prove our case. | 这样会有助于我们破案 |
[40:07] | We also want a comprehensive list of your companions | 我们还需要你列出在你雇佣雷斯垂德之前及期间 |
[40:09] | both before and during Lestrade’s tenure. | 你的性伴侣的详细名单 |
[40:12] | It will help us identify the people | 这能帮助我们明确 |
[40:13] | that Michelle is paying to come forward. | 米歇尔收买过哪些人 |
[40:15] | But when the arrest is made, | 但她被捕以后 |
[40:17] | then everything I did goes public. | 我的所作所为都将被公之于众 |
[40:25] | Let me ask you something: | 我们来假设一下 |
[40:27] | Suppose there is no arrest. | 如果她不被捕 |
[40:29] | Can’t we just give her what she wants? | 我们就不能满足她的所有条件吗 |
[40:33] | No, you see now-now you’re barking up the wrong tree | 不 你跟他们俩提这些 |
[40:35] | with these two, you see, they don’t take payoffs. | 是找错人了 他们不接受贿赂 |
[40:38] | No, your little hobby | 你的惯用伎俩 |
[40:40] | is gonna come out now. | 行不通了 |
[40:42] | You can either help by putting a murderer away | 你可以帮我们抓到杀人犯 |
[40:44] | and you can walk away with your millions… | 以保住你的百万身家 |
[40:46] | or… | 否则 |
[40:49] | I’ll go to press. | 我就向媒体曝光 |
[40:51] | What about your job, Gareth? | 你就不想想你的工作 加莱斯 |
[40:54] | You’ll be ruined, too. | 你也会被毁掉的 |
[40:56] | I don’t let murderers go free, you see? | 但我绝不允许杀人犯逍遥法外 |
[40:58] | It’s probably the only non-negotiable thing about me. | 这也许是我唯一不会妥协的事情 |
[41:03] | Besides, you know, I’ve been | 况且要知道我以前 |
[41:05] | ruined before. | 也被毁过 |
[41:09] | Not so bad the second time around. | 再经历一次也坏不到哪去 |
[41:14] | Sorry about the chair. | 抱歉你要用轮椅 |
[41:15] | Regulations for a discharge. | 这是出院的规定 |
[41:17] | Your car’s downstairs. | 你要的车就在楼下 |
[41:18] | We’ll have you at the airport in plenty of time. | 你很快就能到机场了 |
[41:20] | Thanks for everything, Guillermo. | 非常感谢 吉列尔莫 |
[41:24] | Michelle Forrester… | 米歇尔·福雷斯特 |
[41:27] | you’re not leaving New York. | 你不能离开纽约 |
[41:28] | Just yet. | 现在不能 |
[41:33] | Are you sure they’re ready for this? | 你真觉得它们准备好了吗 |
[41:35] | It’s not the sort of thing you can ease into. | 这种事情不需要很长时间来适应 |
[41:43] | Well… | 好… |
[41:45] | in a moment, the world will either have | 再过一会儿 要么世上会 |
[41:47] | an efficient means of curing fighting cocks, | 多一种治愈斗鸡的有效方法 |
[41:49] | or we will have the raw ingredients for chicken dinner. | 要么我们就有鸡肉晚餐的新鲜食材了 |
[41:53] | Oh… I’m not sure I want to see this. | 我可不想看这个 |
[42:08] | Would you kindly tell him not to make such a racket? | 劳烦你让他别这么大动静 |
[42:09] | This is a delicate moment. | 现在是很微妙的时刻 |
[42:19] | Uh, sorry, yeah. | 不好意思 |
[42:20] | I’m just in a bit of a pinch. | 我只是手头有点紧 |
[42:23] | You know, the company’s not paying for my hotel anymore. | 公司不再支付我的酒店费用了 |
[42:25] | They’ve canceled my ticket home, as well, | 还取消了我的回程飞机票 |
[42:26] | so I’m just waiting for a check to clear so I can buy a new one. | 现在我要等他给我支票结清薪水好重新买票 |
[42:28] | You can stay here, just be quiet. | 你可以待在这里 但请闭嘴 |
[42:33] | My God. | 天呐 |
[42:37] | It worked. | 真的成功了 |
[42:42] | So, now what? | 那现在是怎样 |
[42:47] | We own chickens, don’t we? | 我们要养鸡了是吧 |
[42:52] | I-I’m not feeding them. | 我可不喂它们 |