Skip to content

英美剧电影台词站

基本演绎法(Elementary)第2季第14集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on July 10, 2024 By taiciben_script_user No Comments on 基本演绎法(Elementary)第2季第14集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
时间 英文 中文
[00:15] 兰迪 我们能谈谈吗
[00:43] 兰迪 我觉得我要嗑药了
[00:47] Watson, I’ve just had an alarming conversation… 华生 我刚刚经历了一段惊人的对话
[00:53] I was expecting to find my… housemate. 我以为是我的室友在这里
[00:56] No problem. 没关系
[00:58] I’m Gay. 我是盖伊[同性恋]
[01:00] I’m not. 我不是
[01:03] It’s my name. 那是我的名字
[01:04] Yes, of course. 当然
[01:06] I’m Sherlock. 我是夏洛克
[01:08] Hello. 你好
[01:09] I also am… gay. 我也是…同性恋
[01:11] So, you know, saves time. 所以这名字是为了节约时间
[01:14] How efficient. 效率很高啊
[01:15] Welcome to my home. 欢迎来我家
[01:19] I see you’ve met Gay. 原来你见到盖伊了啊
[01:21] Would you excuse us for a moment… Gay? 能让我们单独说两句吗 盖伊
[01:25] Randy is fighting off the urge to relapse, 兰迪正在跟复吸的欲望作斗争
[01:28] so I’m leaving to accompany him to a meeting. 所以我要陪他去参加互助会
[01:29] Oh. I’m sorry to hear that. 很遗憾听到这个消息
[01:30] What’s bothering him? 他怎么了
[01:33] He’s a drug addict. 他是个瘾君子
[01:34] Um, I-I see that you’re, uh, 我发现你在
[01:36] looking into my trunk of unsolved cases. 看我的那些没破的旧案子
[01:38] Yes. You told me to look into it in my spare time. 你让我没事的时候看看的
[01:40] I think I might have found something 我觉得我可能
[01:41] in the Doug Newberg file. 在道格·纽伯格的卷宗里找到了线索
[01:43] You remember the case, right? 你还记得那个案子吧
[01:44] He was shot in his home in Riverdale. 他在河谷区的家中被枪杀
[01:46] Uh, the place was ransacked, 他家被仔细搜查过
[01:47] police found the killer’s DNA, 警方找到了凶手的DNA
[01:48] but they never found a match. 但一直没有找到匹配者
[01:51] Yes. No, uh, I remember it well. 对 我记得很清楚
[01:53] Well, uh, fairly well. Vaguely. 挺清楚的 有点模糊了
[01:55] Oh. I figured you were using, 我发现你那时在嗑药
[01:57] because your notes were really disorganized. 因为你的笔记非常杂乱无章
[01:59] Newberg was a philanderer. 纽伯格是个情种
[02:00] I was investigating the possibility 我当时正在调查
[02:02] that he had been murdered by a man he had cuckolded. 杀他的人是不是被他戴绿帽子的男人
[02:04] What have you learned? 你发现什么了
[02:06] Well, you remember this? 你还记得这个吗
[02:11] I wrote that, 那是我写的
[02:12] but I have no idea what I meant. 但我完全不知道我写了什么
[02:13] Oh, okay, well, I figured that your marker 好吧 我发现你的记号笔在这里漏水了
[02:16] exploded right here. I wanted to see what was under 我想知道墨迹下面是什么
[02:18] the ink blotches, so I put some nail polish remover 所以我在上面涂了一些卸甲油
[02:20] and then some black coffee over it. 和一些黑咖啡
[02:22] You use black coffee to get rid of stains? 你用黑咖啡来去除污渍吗
[02:24] Yes, of course. The acid in the coffee breaks down the marker. 当然 咖啡中的酸可以溶解记号笔的墨迹
[02:25] Have you never cleaned a whiteboard? 你从来没有清理过白板吗
[02:28] So, look at this wall. 看看这面墙
[02:30] All of it is gray except 除了这块黑色的大石头
[02:31] for this big black stone. It stood out to me, 其他部分都是灰色的 它引起了我的注意
[02:33] so I tracked down Gay. 所以我找到了盖伊
[02:34] She’s a geology fellow at NYU. 她是纽约大学的地质学老师
[02:36] I asked her to take a look. 我让她来看一看
[02:38] It’s interesting. 挺有意思的
[02:39] Tough to tell from the photo. 从照片很难看出什么
[02:41] But I think I see some striations on this rock, 但我觉得我看到石头上有一些条纹
[02:43] and that would mean that… 那也许意味着…
[02:44] It’s dug up from well beneath the surface of the earth. 它是从地下的井里被挖出来的
[02:46] Yeah, well, can’t say for sure without seeing it in person, 如果不亲眼看到就没法确认
[02:49] so we’re gonna go to Riverdale, see if it’s still there. 所以我们要去河谷区看看它还在不在
[02:51] Fascinating. I’ll join you. 有意思 我跟你们一起去
[02:54] Um… Randy? 那兰迪呢
[02:58] I know you’re my sponsor and not my shrink. 我知道你是我的担保人而不是心理医生
[03:00] It’s just… we have, like, 只是…在互助会开始前
[03:03] 20 minutes before the meeting starts. 我们还有二十分钟
[03:06] Is it okay if I tell you what’s going on? 我能告诉你发生什么事了吗
[03:12] You know what? It’s okay. 算了 没关系的
[03:14] You’re right. This isn’t about therapy. 你是对的 这跟治疗无关
[03:19] Your sobriety is important to me, 你的戒毒对我来说很重要
[03:22] and… 而且…
[03:23] this is important to your sobriety, so… 这事对你的戒毒来说很重要
[03:28] So, it’s Eve. 是伊芙的事
[03:30] We used to live together for, like, two years. 我们曾经同居过大概两年
[03:33] First time I got high, it was with her. 我第一次嗑药就是跟她一起
[03:35] Last time I got high, it was with her. 我上一次嗑药也是跟她一起
[03:38] I couldn’t get sober till she left town. 直到她离开我才开始戒毒
[03:41] Only, now she’s back. 可是 她现在回来了
[03:44] Says she wants me to help her get clean. 说她想让我帮她戒毒
[03:46] She wants to… live with me while she kicks. 她想在她戒毒期间跟我住在一起
[03:51] So a, uh… 所以…
[03:53] practicing drug addict wants to move in with you? 一个还在吸毒的瘾君子想来跟你住
[03:56] Look, I know it’s a bad idea. 我知道这不是个好主意
[03:58] Why do you think I’m so stressed? 不然你觉得我为什么压力这么大
[04:07] Sorry, you-you… you want my advice? 抱歉 你是想要我的建议吗
[04:10] I don’t know. We have some time before the meeting. 我不知道 离互助会还有一点时间
[04:15] Well, as it happens, 碰巧的是
[04:16] I’m more familiar than I should be 我对危险女人所具有的
[04:19] with the allure of a dangerous woman. 诱惑力非常熟悉
[04:22] So I’m qualified when I say, uh, 所以我够格这么说
[04:25] you must cut this Eve out of your life entirely. 你得让这位伊芙彻底离开你的生活
[04:28] I should just turn my back on her? 我就直接不理她吗
[04:30] Your sobriety is paramount. 对你来说戒毒是最紧要的
[04:31] And it may be too fragile to withstand her influence. 有她在你身边 这一点就很难做到
[04:35] Is that what you did with your woman? 你就是这样对你女人的吗
[04:39] It’s what’s best. 这样最好
[04:48] You sure we can just prowl around in his backyard? 你确定我们可以偷溜进这家后院
[04:50] People live here. 有人住这儿的
[04:52] Nobody’s home. 没人在家
[04:54] Anyway, I’m sure they want us to catch 他们肯定也希望我们
[04:56] whoever killed the guy who used to live here, right? 抓到杀害上任屋主的凶手吧
[04:59] Oh, still here. 还在这儿呢
[05:11] You see these white layers here? That’s chalk. 看到这一层层白色吗 这是白垩
[05:13] This is marine limestone. If I had to guess, 这是海相灰岩 要我猜的话
[05:14] I’d say it’s really old. 我会说它很古老了
[05:16] How old? 多古老
[05:18] Chalk deposits are typical of the Cretaceous era. 白垩沉积是白垩纪特有的
[05:20] That’s 65 million years ago. 那就是6500万年前
[05:22] Looks like it’s part of this wall, huh? 看起来像矮墙的一部分
[05:24] Oh, no, these rocks are purely decorative. 不 这些石头仅用作装饰
[05:27] Somebody put this here. 而这块是被人刻意放在这儿的
[05:28] 夏洛克 岩石来自白垩纪
[05:28] I’ll tell you something else: 再跟你说件事
[05:30] it was cut out of the ground 这岩石是从地里挖出来的
[05:32] and field dressed for transport. 为运输特意做成这样
[05:33] They usually do that with archeological specimens. 通常都是考古标本才这样做
[05:35] So you think there’s something in there? 你觉得这里面有东西
[05:37] Maybe. 可能吧
[05:39] So now what? 现在怎么办
[05:41] 夏洛克 太棒了 你得把它偷回来
[05:49] Well, you’re not holding a large rock, 你没抱着一块大岩石
[05:51] so I take it you found someone to do the CT scan for us. 那你是找到人帮我们做断层扫描了吧
[05:54] – Yes. – Gay? -是的 -盖伊呢
[05:55] She bailed when I asked her to help me steal it. 我请她帮忙偷石头时 她跑了
[05:57] Randy? 兰迪呢
[05:58] – Still sober. – And you? -没有旧习复发 -那你呢
[06:00] You know, my life has been carefully constructed 我的生活有规有矩
[06:02] so I don’t have to do things like talk to people 所以我不必跟人谈论
[06:04] about their former romantic partners. 前女友之类的事
[06:06] And yet here we are. 但事已至此
[06:07] I, uh… 我
[06:08] I looked at your rock. 我看过你的石头了
[06:11] I-I think you’re gonna want to see this. 你可能想来看看这个
[06:15] I withdraw my earlier skepticism. 我收回先前的怀疑
[06:17] The dinosaur in Doug Newberg’s backyard 道格·纽伯格后院里的恐龙
[06:20] did indeed escape my notice. 确实躲过了我的眼睛
[06:34] Magnificent, isn’t she? 是不是很美
[06:37] We pulled her out of the ground in the Wind River Range. 我们把她从风河岭的地里挖了出来
[06:40] Agnes here is the world’s only 艾格尼丝是世上仅存的
[06:41] complete Dimetrodon skeleton. 完整异齿龙骨骼标本
[06:44] I’m, uh, Jerry Thomas. 我是杰瑞·托马斯
[06:45] I’m the curator of the fossil collection here. 这儿化石馆藏的管理人
[06:48] Sherlock Holmes. 我是夏洛克·福尔摩斯
[06:49] This is my associate Joan Watson. 这是我同事乔恩·华生
[06:50] Well, my assistant tells me you’re with the NYPD, 我的助手说你们是纽约警局的人
[06:54] and you think you found a fossil. 你们自认为发现了一块化石
[06:56] Okay. 好吧
[07:01] Is this real? 这是真的吗
[07:03] We believe it is. 应该是
[07:05] Okay, this is amazing. 太赞了
[07:10] This looks to me like a Nanotyrannus. 我看这好像是矮暴龙
[07:13] Think of it like a miniature T. Rex. 算是小型霸王龙吧
[07:15] It’s incredibly rare. 非常罕见
[07:18] I think this is a full skeleton. 这好像是完整的骨骼
[07:20] It’s an infant. 是幼龙
[07:22] Where do you think it came from? 你觉得这是哪来的
[07:23] You told my assistant there was a chalk striation 你跟我的助手说在你发现它的岩石里
[07:25] on the rock you found it in? 有白垩切面纹
[07:27] Yes. 是的
[07:28] Okay, that’s marine limestone. 这是海相灰岩
[07:29] We haven’t found any of that in a dig 已经很久没在国内
[07:30] in the States in quite some time. 挖到这样的化石了
[07:34] Most recent deposits come from Mongolia. 最近的化石都来自蒙古
[07:36] Now, I can confirm that 我看到那块岩石
[07:37] when I look at the rock, 就可以确定
[07:38] but if it was found there, then it belongs to them. 但如果是在蒙古发现的 那就是他们的
[07:41] So someone smuggled it into the States. 有人把化石偷运到美国
[07:45] How much would that be worth? 这化石值多少钱
[07:47] I would say high seven figures. 七位数以上
[07:49] Low eight. 八位数以下
[07:52] Person that killed Doug Newberg ransacked his place. 杀害道格·纽伯格的凶手搜了他家
[07:54] Maybe they were looking for that. 也许就是在找这块化石
[07:58] So you’re working on 你新作了一幅拼贴画
[07:58] a new collage in honor of Doug Newberg? 来纪念道格·纽伯格吗
[08:02] I had Detective Bell send me everything 我让贝尔警探把纽约警局所有
[08:04] the NYPD has on the man. 有关此人的资料都传来了
[08:07] I’ve been through my original notes, 我已经看过我原来的笔记
[08:08] most of their files. 以及他们大部分档案
[08:11] Doug Newberg, rest his soul, 道格·纽伯格 愿他安息
[08:13] was a rather dull person. 真是个无趣的人
[08:15] I can’t find anything which connects him to smuggling. 完全找不到他跟走私有关的线索
[08:18] Except for the dinosaur in his backyard. 除了他后院里的那块恐龙化石
[08:21] I’m trying to immerse myself 我正在深入了解
[08:22] in the particulars of Mr. Newberg’s life. 纽伯格先生的人生经历
[08:24] If he was not involved with the black market, 如果他没在黑市做过买卖
[08:25] perhaps someone in his orbit was. 也许他认识的某个人做过
[08:30] Hey, how is it getting back into a case you were working on 重新接手你吸毒时办的案子
[08:33] when you were using? 感觉如何
[08:36] Interesting. 很有趣
[08:38] There were times, before I ended up in the gutter, 在我还没彻底沦陷于毒品之前
[08:40] where I functioned extremely well with my addiction. 我的毒瘾曾助我屡破奇案
[08:45] In spite of the fact 尽管以前
[08:46] that I accepted payment from Mr. Newberg’s parents, 纽伯格父母付了我薪水
[08:48] this investigation is very clearly 但关于此事的调查很明显
[08:50] not one of those times. 并不尽人意
[08:53] I failed to give the man my best efforts, 为了这个人的案子我并未尽全力
[08:55] and that is not a pleasant thing to consider. 一想起这事我就浑身不舒服
[09:02] Who is it? 谁的短信
[09:03] It’s Randy. 是兰迪的
[09:04] His gyno-difficulties persist. 他的女性困扰还是没解决
[09:09] A man sits before me. 这家伙坐在我对面
[09:11] His continued sobriety may or may not hang on 他到底能不能坚持戒毒
[09:13] whether I allow him to air his issues. 跟我是否让他倾诉困扰根本毫无关系
[09:16] I choose the decent path, 也许看起来让人不怎么舒服
[09:17] distasteful as it may seem, 但我选择了正确的处理方式
[09:18] and I hear him out. 我听完了他的话
[09:20] The Rubicon is crossed. 一切就此决定
[09:22] I am now a confidante. 我现在成他的知己了
[09:24] If I cut him off now, 如果我现在不管他
[09:25] do I not potentially put his recovery at risk? 应该不利于他戒毒吧
[09:30] What are you texting him? 你给他回了什么
[09:34] “You’ll do better next time” 下次就好了
[09:39] This rock wall is very clearly not 很明显 这堵石头墙并不是
[09:41] a random hiding place. 被随机选作藏匿地点的
[09:43] It was very clearly chosen and very carefully… 选择它是经过慎重考虑之后
[09:49] How on earth did you make a career dealing with addicts? 真不知道你是怎么靠瘾君子养活自己的
[09:52] Well, it’s pretty late. You could just call him. 现在已经很晚了 给他打个电话就行了
[09:55] No. 不行
[09:56] Okay, well, I will work on 那好吧 你出去的时候
[09:58] the collage while you are out. 我会试着把线索拼起来
[10:00] It’s not a collage. 这才不是拼图
[10:02] I don’t do crafts. 我不做手工
[10:10] What time did you get in last night? 你昨晚什么时候回来的
[10:12] I was with Randy until 我一直陪着兰迪
[10:14] well into the evening. 直到深夜
[10:17] Well, you’re gonna need those. 你最好把那个穿上
[10:18] After breakfast, we’re gonna get ice cream. 吃完早饭 我们要去买冰淇淋
[10:21] It’s the dead of winter. 现在可是冬天
[10:22] Why would we want to go for ice cream? 为什么要跑去吃冰淇淋
[10:24] Exactly. 说得没错
[10:27] That’s Diego Salcedo. 这是迭戈·萨尔塞多
[10:28] Doug Newberg was his best man at his wedding. 他结婚时 道格·纽伯格是他的伴郎
[10:31] Diego has a record. 迭戈有过犯罪记录
[10:32] Convicted of small stuff, 被判过一些小罪
[10:33] but eight years ago, 但八年前
[10:34] he was convicted on three different counts 三个不同的法庭
[10:37] of criminal possession of stolen property. 都判定他非法持有盗窃物品
[10:39] Case ended in mistrial. 最后都宣布判决无效
[10:41] I looked into what he’s up to now. 我查了他现在的工作
[10:43] He owns a fleet of ice cream trucks 他拥有一支冰淇淋卡车车队
[10:44] that operate all over New York. 在纽约各个角落做买卖
[10:46] I checked with the city, 我查过市里的记录
[10:47] and the trucks have current permits. 这些卡车都拥有有效许可证
[10:51] And this seems to mean something to you. 而你觉得这里有什么古怪
[10:52] It’s the middle of winter. 现在可是冬天
[10:53] Why would he be running a fleet of ice cream trucks? 为什么他要经营一支冰淇淋卡车车队
[10:56] The guy that I spoke to 我查记录时
[10:57] said that most of the operators 那人告诉我 大多数运营商
[10:58] let their permits lapse during the winter. 在冬天都不会补办许可证
[10:59] So why pay 如果一支圣代都卖不出去
[11:01] if you’re not selling any sundaes? 为什么还要花钱买许可证呢
[11:03] Half of the trucks are idle 一半的卡车被闲置
[11:04] and half of them are permanent. 这中间的一半根本就没动过
[11:06] And the ones that are running? 那些四处做买卖的卡车呢
[11:08] They’re licensed to cover routes 他们被批准在绝大多数
[11:09] that are mostly industrial areas. 工业区做生意
[11:11] These industrial areas, do they include ports? 这些工业区包括港口吗
[11:13] Yes. 包括
[11:14] You think Diego Salcedo is using ice cream trucks 你认为迭戈·萨尔塞多利用冰淇淋卡车
[11:16] to move smuggled goods around the city? 在市里四处运送走私品吗
[11:18] Well, it could explain why Doug Newberg 这至少能解释为什么会有一块化石
[11:20] wound up with a fossil in his yard. 出现在道格·纽伯格的后院里
[11:26] So you think this guy 你们认为
[11:27] had something to do with Newberg’s murder? 纽伯格被杀跟这家伙有关吗
[11:29] We don’t know. 现在还不清楚
[11:31] But if he knows where the fossil came from, 但如果他知道那块化石是哪来的
[11:33] then he can get us closer to a solution than we are now. 他就能帮我们进一步接近真相
[11:36] Has anyone claimed responsibility for the Nanotyrannus yet? 有人来认领那块矮暴龙化石了吗
[11:40] No. Why? 还没 怎么了
[11:42] He wants to take it home. 他自己想要那块化石
[11:43] Sorry. 抱歉
[11:45] Immigration and Customs Enforcement 过段时间这块化石
[11:46] are stopping by later to, uh, take custody. 将移交给移民和海关执法局保管
[11:50] If it’s really from Mongolia, they’ll return it. 如果真是从蒙古来的 他们会归还的
[11:55] Looks like we got a customer. 看起来有买家来了
[12:05] A lot of money for a popsicle. 对于一根冰棍来说也太多钱了
[12:09] All right, everybody stand by. 大家各就各位
[12:11] Copy that, copy that. 收到 收到
[12:12] All units, all units… 所有单位 所有单位…
[12:18] Okay, that’s it, let’s go! 好 就现在 行动
[12:20] That’s the order. All units move! 执行命令 所有单位行动
[12:30] Hey, guys. 嗨 伙计们
[12:31] What gives? 这是干嘛
[12:33] I was just returning some unsold inventory 我只是把没卖完的存货
[12:34] to my distributors. 还给批发商们
[12:36] Oh, yeah? 是嘛
[12:45] No customs stamp. 没有海关印章
[12:50] Cuban? 古巴来的吗
[12:52] I don’t understand. 我不明白
[12:53] You put a tail on me 你们跟踪我
[12:55] and you arrest me. 然后又逮捕我
[12:56] All so you can ask me a bunch of questions 难道就是为了问我一大堆关于在我哥们
[12:57] about a T. Rex you found at my buddy Doug’s house? 道格家发现的霸王龙化石的问题
[13:00] It’s a Nanotyrannus. 是矮暴龙的化石
[13:02] And we’re pretty sure you put it there. 而且我们很肯定是你放在那儿的
[13:04] The guys you were delivering those cigars to 你走私的这些雪茄的收货人们
[13:07] are ready to tell us about all the shipments 已经准备交代你为他们运输的
[13:08] you processed for them. 所有货物了
[13:09] The counts are gonna pile up. 对你的指控会越来越多
[13:11] We say you’re our lead suspect in the murder of Doug Newberg. 我们认为你是谋杀道格·纽伯格的头号嫌犯
[13:14] Could mean the difference between making bail or not. 所以你的态度可能会决定你是否能被保释
[13:16] Wait, what are you nuts? I grew up with Doug. 你们疯了吗 我和道格一起长大的
[13:17] He was my best man. I didn’t kill him. 他是我婚礼的伴郎 我没有杀他
[13:19] Do you have an alibi? 你有不在场证明吗
[13:21] I don’t know. That was what? 谁记得 都多久前的事了
[13:22] Three years ago? 三年前吗
[13:24] Captain, sorry to interrupt. 警监 抱歉打扰了
[13:25] Two guys from Immigrations and Customs just got here. 两个移民和海关部门的人来了
[13:27] They say you were expecting them. 他们说你在等他们
[13:29] Uh, tell them I need a few minutes. 告诉他们再等我一会儿
[13:34] How did the fossil get 化石是怎么跑到
[13:36] in your friend Doug’s backyard? 你朋友道格家后院的
[13:38] All right, look. 听着
[13:39] Right before Doug got killed, I took a delivery of a rock. 就在道格被杀前 我走私了一块石头
[13:43] I don’t even know what was inside it. 我根本就不知道里面有什么
[13:45] But the buyer– 但是那个买家
[13:45] he fell out at the last minute. 在最后时刻和我谈崩了
[13:47] And I was pretty sure somebody federal 而且我十分确定有联邦探员
[13:48] was watching my place, so I couldn’t bring it there. 在监视我家 所以我不能把赃物带回去
[13:51] So I asked Doug if I could keep it at his place, 我就问道格能不能先放在他那儿
[13:53] just for a couple of days. 就几天而已
[13:54] Next day, he gets killed. 第二天 他就被杀了
[13:56] Did I think that the two events were connected? 我有没有想过这两件事有关联呢
[13:58] Yeah, of course, somebody must’ve been following me. 当然有想过 肯定有人在跟踪我
[14:01] But I always thought that whoever killed him 但我一直以为杀他的人
[14:03] took the rock, too. 也拿走了那块石头
[14:05] You didn’t know it was in his backyard? 你不知道化石在他的后院吗
[14:06] I gave it to him in his garage. 我在车库里给他的
[14:08] I mean, the guy must’ve stashed the thing in there himself. 一定是凶手自己藏在那里的
[14:11] I didn’t kill Doug. 我没有杀道格
[14:14] I didn’t kill Doug– I mean, you can take my DNA. 我没有杀道格 你们可以验我的DNA
[14:16] You can hook me up to a lie detector. 也可以对我进行测谎
[14:17] Whatever you need. 想干嘛都行
[14:24] Volunteered his DNA rather cheerfully, didn’t he? 他很乐意提供自己的DNA 对吧
[14:27] Whoever murdered Newberg 杀纽伯格的人想要
[14:28] wanted that skeleton, but they never found it. 那块骨骼化石 但他们没有找到
[14:30] – We did. – And? -我们找到了 -所以呢
[14:32] You want to put it on the black market, 你想把它放在黑市上
[14:33] see who comes calling. 看谁会来买
[14:34] Captain, I got a guy from I.C.E. 警监 有个移民和海关执法局的人
[14:36] hovering around my desk. 在我桌子旁转来转去
[14:37] Something about a fossil. 是有关化石的事情
[14:38] What’s with these guys? 这些家伙们什么情况
[14:39] I told them I need a few minutes. 我告诉过他们等我一会儿的
[14:41] Uh, it’s just one. 只有一个人
[14:42] And he just got here. 他刚到
[14:47] Yeah, they, uh, they signed for the thing, like, 对 他们大概
[14:50] I don’t know, like, ten minutes ago? 十分钟前签的这个
[14:52] You were supposed to wait until I got here. 你应该等到我来了以后再处理的
[14:53] These guys are federal. 这些家伙是联邦政府的人
[14:54] You know how they are about sitting around. 你知道他们不喜欢干等着的
[14:56] Did you confirm their credentials? 你确认过他们的证件吗
[14:59] I’m guessing that you didn’t, 我猜你没有
[15:00] because I got another I.C.E. Agent out in the bullpen, 因为有另一位移民和海关执法局的特工在外面
[15:04] and Detective Bell says that he checks out. 而且贝尔警探已经核实过他的身份了
[15:14] What? 怎么回事
[15:16] You just presided over the theft 你刚刚协助了一次证物的偷窃
[15:17] of a piece of evidence, which also happens to be 而且那还是一块
[15:20] a priceless archeological treasure. 价值连城的考古宝物
[15:33] And off they go with their Nanotyrannus fossil. 这里就是他们带着矮暴龙化石走的画面
[15:35] The whole affair does have a certain spirit of derring-do. 整件事确实需要很大的勇气
[15:38] One almost has to admire it. 我都有点想点赞了
[15:42] I just had a very long conversation 我刚和移民和海关执法局的同事
[15:45] with my counterpart at I.C.E. 谈了很久
[15:47] They’re gonna help us with the investigation into the robbery. 他们会帮助我们调查抢劫案
[15:50] We’ve got forensics on the paperwork they left behind, 我们从他们留下的文件上取了一些证据
[15:52] and we put a BOLO out on the thieves. 而且对窃贼发了全境通告
[15:55] Well, whoever they are, 无论他们是谁
[15:56] they command extraordinary resources. 他们掌握着非同一般的资源
[15:59] Firstly, they had to know that we’d recovered the fossil. 首先 他们得知道我们修复了化石
[16:01] There’s been no media coverage, so that implies that they’ve 现在还没有新闻报道过 所以这说明
[16:03] cultivated a source within Immigration and Customs. 他们在移民海关执法局有线人
[16:06] They created false documents that were convincing enough 他们伪造的文件非常逼真 骗过了
[16:09] to fool a veteran policeman, and they timed their operation 经验丰富的警察 他们还算好了时间
[16:12] so that they arrived before the real I.C.E. agent. 能比真的移民海关执法局人员抢先一步
[16:15] What are they even gonna do with stolen dinosaur bones? 他们要偷来的恐龙化石有什么用
[16:19] It’s not like you can unload it in some dark alley. 这不是在随便什么地方都能装卸的
[16:22] Yeah, you have to be wired 是的 你得监听
[16:23] into a network of potential bidders. 有可能竞标的所有买家
[16:24] People who are willing to spend millions of dollars 那些愿意花几百万购买
[16:26] on illegal purchases. 非法商品的人
[16:29] The question we need to ask is: who’s the biggest game in town 现在的问题是 谁是这座城市里
[16:31] when it comes to smuggled antiquities? 最大的走私古物的人
[16:33] We find that person, we’ll find the thieves. 只要找到这个人 就能找到那些贼
[16:35] And I’ll bet they’re connected to murder of Doug Newberg. 我相信他们跟道格·纽伯格的谋杀一定有关系
[16:38] We’ve got Diego’s list of people 我们已经拿到了迭戈列出的
[16:40] that knew he was driving the fossil around. 知道他运送化石的所有人的名单
[16:41] Plus, I’ll get the Port Authority 而且 我会联系港务局
[16:43] to cough up their files on high-end smugglers. 让他们给出高级走私犯的文件
[16:46] We shall see if C has any thoughts on the matter. 我们应该问问C对这事有什么看法
[16:50] Okay, so you only know her as C, 你只知道她叫C
[16:52] and you’ve never actually met her, 而且从来没见过她
[16:54] but you think she can help us? 但你觉得她能帮到我们
[16:56] I know her only as C… through choice. 我叫她C是因为那是”选择”的首字母
[16:59] I could find out her real name 当然 如果我想知道她的真名的话
[17:01] if I wanted to, obviously. 我一定能查出来
[17:02] But, uh, using initials is something of a convention 但是以首字母相称符合我们
[17:07] of our mutual hobby. 共同的爱好
[17:10] Which is? 什么爱好
[17:13] C and I engage in prurient correspondence. C和我写过一些比较淫秽的信件
[17:15] We have done for quite some time. 而且写过很多次
[17:18] You write each other dirty letters? 你们彼此用下流的信件交流
[17:21] That is a uniquely prudish way of putting it. 虽然这么说显得假正经
[17:24] But yes, we do. 不过你说的没错
[17:26] Erotica is a fascinating literary genre. 色情文学是一种非常迷人的文学体裁
[17:29] I first encountered C on message boards dedicated to analyzing 我第一次遇见C是在一个专门分析
[17:33] the correspondence of D.H. Lawrence. D·H·劳伦斯通信内容的论坛上
[17:33] 20世纪英国作家 代表作有《恋爱中的女人》《儿子与情人》
[17:35] It turns out, she is a master of the form. 原来她是写这种体裁作品的高手
[17:38] And so how exactly is your naughty pen pal 那你这个风骚的笔友对我们
[17:40] supposed to help us? 会有什么帮助呢
[17:42] Well, we don’t exchange much details 虽然我们没怎么说过
[17:44] about our private lives, but I do know 各自的私人生活 但是我知道
[17:47] that she’s an executive at a top auction house. 她是一家高级拍卖行的经理
[17:50] And like most high-end houses, they have a problem losing 像大多数高级拍卖行一样
[17:52] inventory at the ports when they’re bringing 他们在把商品运回国内时
[17:54] merchandise into the country. 经常会在港口把货物清单弄丢
[17:56] So what are we supposed to be looking for here? 那我们在这怎么才能找到她呢
[17:57] Someone carrying The Story of O? 看谁拿着《O的故事》吗
[18:00] I’m not entirely sure. 我也不是很确定
[18:07] You think that’s her? 你觉得那就是她吗
[18:09] She’s described that scarf 在她写的一封信中
[18:10] in one of her letters. 她描述过那条围巾
[18:28] Do I look as you’d imagined? 我和你想像中的一样吗
[18:30] Hard to say. 很难说
[18:32] The parts of you that keep my imagination occupied are 我想像中的你的那部分
[18:36] fully clothed at the moment. 现在被衣服盖得严严实实
[18:40] You have a rare gift, madam. 女士 你有很特殊的天赋
[18:41] It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance. 很高兴能认识你
[18:44] Thanks for meeting me in person. 非常感谢你能来亲自见我
[18:46] I’m half-convinced my assistant listens to all my calls. 我不太相信助手会接听所有打给我的电话
[18:49] But I don’t know if I’ll be able to help you. 但我不知道我能不能帮到你
[18:51] I’m an auctioneer, not a smuggler. 我是一名拍卖师 不是走私犯
[18:54] Surely you’ve rubbed elbows with a few, 你做了这么久的生意
[18:55] after a lifetime in the trade. 一定也遇到过一些
[18:57] There is one name. 有一个人
[19:00] Supposedly has a stranglehold on the trade. 他的交易量应该不是很大
[19:02] He’s a bit of a myth actually. 他其实还挺神秘的
[19:05] The employees at our warehouses always joke 我们仓库的员工经常开玩笑说
[19:07] that if they wanted to make real money, 如果真想赚大钱
[19:09] they’d sell our goods over to him. 就应该把我们的商品卖给他
[19:11] I suspect a few of them have done it. 我怀疑真的有几个人这么干了
[19:14] You have a name? 你知道他的名字吗
[19:15] It’s a bit silly. 他的名字挺可笑的
[19:17] Apparently, he calls himself “The Magpie.” 他管自己叫”喜鹊”
[19:20] Any idea how I might get in touch with him? 你知道我怎么才能联系上他吗
[19:22] As I understand it, you have to have something that he wants. 我想 如果你有他想要的东西
[19:25] Then he… finds you. 那么…他会来找你的
[19:32] Hey, you back there? 你回来了吗
[19:35] Mind you don’t disturb the ink. 希望你不要打扰我喷墨
[19:36] Well, obviously, you’re gonna make me ask. 看来你还是得让我问
[19:39] We require a shiny bauble 我们需要一件很特别的东西
[19:41] to attract the attention of the Magpie. 来吸引喜鹊的注意
[19:44] So I’m making one. 所以我正在制作一件
[19:48] In 1517, Martin Luther 在1517年 马丁·路德
[19:49] nailed his 95 Theses to the door of Castle Church 把95条论纲钉在了威滕伯格的
[19:53] in Wittenberg, and so was born the Reformation. 城堡教堂上 因此才造成了宗教改革
[19:55] Oh, yeah. I took history in college. 对啊 我在大学也学过历史
[19:58] Did you know he also mailed 你知道他还邮寄过
[20:00] several handwritten copies 在同一天邮寄过
[20:01] to notable figures on the very same day? 几份手稿给当时的杰出人物
[20:04] It’s long been rumored that Luther 传言说路德
[20:06] labored over several rough drafts of the document. 曾起草过数份草稿
[20:10] You can imagine what a copy might be worth. 你能想象出那该有多值钱
[20:13] Oh, so you’re writing a fake 95 Theses. 所以你在伪造《95条论纲》
[20:16] – And then what? – I’m going to pose -然后呢 -我打算
[20:18] as someone who has recently inherited it, 假装成刚继承这份财产
[20:20] and has no idea of what its worth. 但却不清楚其价值的傻子
[20:21] There are websites which track 现在有专门跟踪
[20:22] the availabilities of such things. 这种事情的网站
[20:24] I suppose eBay is always an option. 我想易贝网就不错
[20:28] Is this written in English? 这是用英文写的吗
[20:30] The first few pages are in Latin. 前几页是拉丁文
[20:33] It doesn’t have to withstand close scrutiny. 它不需要经得起近距离检查
[20:33] It just needs to get us in the vicinity of the Magpie. 只要能让”喜鹊”上钩就行
[20:36] “42– Thaddeus is hereby declared the best apostle “第四十二条 在此宣布犹大为最佳门徒
[20:39] and those who disagree shall be vigorously tickled” 持异见者应被施以痒痒刑罚”
[20:50] What’s up? 怎么了
[20:51] I found a solution for my Randy problem. 兰迪的问题我找到解决办法了
[20:53] What? And that’s upsetting you? 是吗 那怎么不太高兴的样子
[20:55] He mentioned Eve’s last name last night. 他昨晚提过伊芙的姓
[20:57] She’s been out of town for more than a year. 她离开这里都快一年了
[20:59] She’s a heroin addict. 她又是个瘾君子
[21:01] It’s not difficult to track her movements, 查到她的行踪并不难
[21:03] nor is it unreasonable to speculate that 而且也不难推断出
[21:04] she may have broken the law during her sabbatical. 她休息这段时间里肯定做过违法的事
[21:07] I’ve just heard from my contact in Chicago, 我从芝加哥的线人那里打听到
[21:09] and it turns out that Eve Hurley 伊芙·赫尔利在那里
[21:10] has several open warrants there. 还有几份公开的通缉令
[21:13] All I need do is notify the relevant authorities, 只要我通知有关部门
[21:15] and voila– Randy’s problem is solved. 那么瞬间 兰迪的问题就解决了
[21:17] You’re just gonna pull her offstage with a hook? 你打算不择手段地把她赶走吗
[21:19] No, of course not. 不 当然不
[21:21] She’s a drug addict, I can’t very well 她就是个瘾君子 我没法
[21:22] make her my victim as well. 让她成为我的牺牲品
[21:25] I realized I couldn’t follow through 在我找到我的线人时
[21:26] the moment I reached out to my contact. 我就意识到我没办法这么做
[21:29] That is why I’m upset. 所以我才难受
[21:32] A perfectly good solution has to be chucked on account of… 不得不舍弃一个完美的解决方案 就因为
[21:34] Compassion? 同情
[21:38] Your expression– what does it mean? 你的表情 是什么意思
[21:40] There’s no expression. 没什么表情啊
[21:41] Yes, there is. You’re leaving something unsaid. 不 不对 你话中有话
[21:52] I think I know what you’re thinking. 我知道你在想什么
[21:53] That I’d like to make dinner in peace? 我就想安静地做顿饭
[21:56] If Randy’s gonna stay sober, 如果兰迪想要戒毒
[21:57] he needs to learn to deal with stressors. 他需要学会如何应对压力
[21:59] If outside parties are removing them from his life, 如果外界力量帮他去掉这些压力
[22:01] then he’s not developing that capacity. 他就永远无法得到这种能力
[22:03] He needs to cut her off, that’s blatantly obvious. 他需要自己远离她 这太显而易见了
[22:04] Yet, I’ve indulged his desire 然而我一直在放纵他
[22:06] to review the minutiae of their relationship. 重温他们感情的细枝末节
[22:08] You know, I know you hate this word, 我知道你讨厌这个词
[22:10] but you’ve already been nice. 但你已经表现出了”友善”
[22:11] You heard him out. You gave him good advice. 你耐心听他说话 给他有益的建议
[22:13] Why not just tell him you won’t talk about it with him anymore? 为什么不跟他直说你不想再谈论这事呢
[22:15] Because I fear that he will relapse if I’m firm with him. 因为我怕强硬的态度会让他毒瘾复发
[22:18] And I don’t want that to happen, not to my sponsee. 我不想这样 至少不是在我担保的人身上
[22:21] I’m being vain. 让我显得毫无用处
[22:23] It’s obvious that I’m not in control of Randy’s addiction 很显然我对于兰迪毒瘾的控制
[22:25] any more than I’m in control of my own. 至多只能和我控制自己一样
[22:28] Interesting discussion. Thank you. 有趣的对话 多谢
[22:31] I mostly just chopped shallots. 我只是在切葱罢了
[23:05] Hey, man, I’m sorry. 我很抱歉
[23:06] I know this is getting old, 我知道这事太老套了
[23:08] but she asked me for money last night… 但她昨晚向我借钱
[23:10] Randall, this has got to stop! 兰德尔 这事到此为止
[23:12] I know, I know. I’m just trying to figure out… 我知道 我只是想弄明白
[23:13] No, no, no. 不 不对
[23:14] There’s nothing to figure out, okay? 没什么要搞清楚的事 明白吗
[23:16] Your ex-girlfriend is a practicing drug addict. 你前女友就是个戒不了毒的瘾君子
[23:18] She has absolutely no place in your life. 她不该存在于你的生活中
[23:20] I’ve tried to give you leeway 我一直给你留有余地
[23:21] to arrive at this conclusion on your own, 让你自己想明白这件事
[23:22] but this doesn’t seem to be happening. 但现在看来你自己是想不清楚的
[23:24] That is my assessment of the situation, okay? 这就是我对这件事的意见 明白吗
[23:26] So there’s nothing else for us to discuss! 所以对这件事我们没什么好谈的了
[23:31] Okay. 好的
[23:36] Okay. 好的
[23:39] Just consider what I have, uh, suggested… 好好想想我给你的建议
[23:45] …and know that it comes from a place of concern 这是我在考虑到你和你的康复后
[23:47] for you and your recovery. 认真给出的建议
[23:48] No, I know. 我明白
[23:56] I’ll be right back, okay? 我一会儿回来 好吗
[23:57] I’m gonna run to the bathroom. 我去个厕所
[24:07] Watson. 华生
[24:08] Hey, what happened to you? 你怎么了
[24:09] You were gone before I woke up. 我还没醒你就出去了
[24:11] Randall. 兰德尔
[24:12] You have to get off the phone? 你不方便接电话吗
[24:14] If I need to end the conversation, 如果我要结束对话
[24:15] I will just hang up! 我会直接挂掉的
[24:16] Right. 没错
[24:18] Listen, I checked that, uh, dummy e-mail account you set up 是这样 我查看了一下你拍卖的
[24:21] for your fake 95 Theses thing. 假95条论纲的联系邮箱
[24:23] Bunch of people have been in touch. 有很多人联系过我们
[24:25] Most of them seem like regular collectors. 大多数人看来只是普通收藏者
[24:27] But one of them came in with no name attached. 但有一个未署名的人
[24:30] The guy says that he facilitates discreet transactions 说他可以提供便利而隐蔽的交易方案
[24:32] that may not be subject to taxes. 用来逃避税费
[24:35] Sounds like a black market sale. 听起来像是黑市交易
[24:37] He also says that he’s the only one who can hook us in 他还说只有他可以帮我们
[24:39] to a network of truly high-end buyers. 联系到真正的高端买家
[24:42] Seems like the Magpie guy to me. 我觉得他很像”喜鹊”
[24:44] Respond. Set up a meeting for him to inspect the theses. 回复他 安排一次见面让他检查论纲
[24:48] Okay. Do you want me to give… 好 需要我提醒
[24:49] …Captain Gregson a heads-up? 格雷森警监一声吗
[24:53] Hello? 还在吗
[24:55] Could I have a cup of tea, please? 请给我一杯茶 好吗
[24:56] Of course. Sorry. 当然可以 不好意思
[24:58] I thought you guys weren’t ordering anything. 我还以为你们不会点东西呢
[25:00] Why would you think that? 为什么这么想
[25:01] Your friend just left. 你朋友刚走了
[25:07] So he just left? 他就直接走了吗
[25:10] Without so much as a “By your leave.” 都没有知会我一声
[25:12] It’s a bit disconcerting. 让人有点尴尬
[25:14] It’s certainly the last time I take your advice. 这绝对是我最后一次听取你的建议了
[25:16] Advice? I was chopping shallots. 什么建议 我当时在切葱呢
[25:20] Did you call him? 你打给他了吗
[25:21] He’s not answering. 他没接
[25:22] Well, maybe he just needs some time. 可能他只是需要点时间
[25:24] Okay, so what is our plan here? 好吧 现在我们的计划是什么
[25:25] We’re just gonna go there and ask him 我们就这样过去 问他
[25:27] if he murdered Doug Newberg? 是否杀害了道格·纽伯格吗
[25:29] We’re gathering information. 我们要收集信息
[25:32] Do you think he really goes by “Magpie”? 你觉得他真的是”喜鹊”吗
[25:35] Well, I suppose we’ll find out. 我们会弄清楚的
[25:55] Hello? 有人吗
[25:58] Mr. Magpie? “喜鹊”先生
[26:21] Look at this. 看这个
[26:24] Look like chalk striations. 看起来像白垩的粉痕
[26:27] They are. 就是
[26:31] This is the rock that used to contain the nanotyrannus. 这是用来装矮暴龙化石的石头
[26:34] Someone smashed it to pieces 有人把它摔碎了
[26:36] and destroyed the fossil. 然后毁坏了化石
[26:46] He may have called himself Magpie 他可能自称”喜鹊”
[26:48] but his real name was Malcolm Turner. 但他的真名是马尔科姆·特纳
[26:50] The bullets didn’t finish him off, 子弹没有致命
[26:51] so the murderer hit him in the back of the head 所以凶手用某种棍棒
[26:54] with some kind of club, huh? 从脑后击打他
[26:55] M.E. thinks there’s epithelial cells 法医发现在特纳的背上
[26:58] on Turner’s back and at the dinosaur remains, 和恐龙化石上有些表皮细胞
[27:00] so it looks like we got the killer’s DNA. 所以看来我们能拿到凶手的DNA
[27:03] This person murders Malcolm Turner, 这个人谋杀了马尔科姆·特纳
[27:05] and then takes the time to willfully destroy a fossil 然后花时间故意损坏了
[27:08] worth millions of dollars. 价值数百万的化石
[27:10] Why would anyone do that? 为什么要这么做
[27:11] Maybe it was one of Turner’s competitors. 也许他是特纳的竞争者
[27:13] But I can’t see why anyone familiar 但我不明白一个在黑市
[27:15] with the invisible hand of the market 混得很熟的人为什么
[27:17] would destroy something, obliterate something of such value. 要破坏甚至损毁这么值钱的东西
[27:20] There’s an interesting motive hidden here somewhere. 其中一定有一个不为人知的动机
[27:24] We just need to root it out. 我们得把它挖出来
[27:39] Gay? 盖伊
[27:41] Why is Gay asleep on our couch? 为什么盖伊睡在我们的沙发上
[27:43] I worked her hard. 她工作太累了
[27:46] Don’t be territorial about your geologist, Watson. 不要排斥你找来的地质学家嘛
[27:48] I was in need of one this evening. 我今晚需要她
[27:50] I’m guessing that’s why you’re blasting 我猜这就是你为何在凌晨四点
[27:52] “Marriage of Figaro” at 4:00 in the morning. 还大声放《费加罗的婚礼》这支曲子
[27:55] You don’t even like opera. 你都不喜欢歌剧
[27:57] No, of course I don’t. 对 我当然不喜欢
[27:58] All the tedious histrionics. 所有冗长做作的东西我都不喜欢
[28:00] I was using it to stay awake. 我是用它来保持清醒的
[28:03] I believe I have learned why 我觉得我已经知道为什么
[28:05] the Magpie’s killer destroyed the nanotyrannus. 杀害”喜鹊”的人要毁坏矮暴龙化石了
[28:10] “Dead Clade Walking.” “大灭绝的幸存者”
[28:12] A “Clade” is a term for a group of animals “幸存者”指的是从灭种性的灾难中
[28:15] which has survived an extinction-level event. 存活下来的一个动物的群体
[28:18] It’s widely acknowledged in paleontological circles 古生物学圈子里普遍认为
[28:20] that the extinction of the dinosaurs was brought about 恐龙的灭绝是由
[28:23] by a comet striking the surface of the Earth 6600万年前彗星撞击地球表面
[28:25] approximately 66 million years ago. 所引发的
[28:28] The foundation of this belief is a layer of rock 这种观点建立的基础是
[28:31] beneath the surface of the Earth 地表下面的一个岩石层
[28:32] which has an abundance of rare metals 富含本该在彗星和小行星中
[28:34] thought to be common in comets and asteroids 大量存在的稀有金属
[28:37] called the “KT Boundary.” 被称作”KT边界”
[28:40] Yeah, I read about that somewhere. 是的 我在其他地方读到过
[28:42] They only find dinosaur fossils below the KT Boundary, right? 只有KT边界下面才能发现恐龙化石 对吧
[28:44] Mm. Apart from a few very rare exceptions, yes. 是的 只有极少数的例外
[28:48] Stands to reason: if the dinosaurs were rendered extinct 显而易见 如果恐龙是因为彗星灭绝的
[28:50] by the comet which created the KT Boundary, 而彗星创造了KT边界
[28:52] you couldn’t very well find their bones above it, 我们不太可能在其上面发现它们的尸骨
[28:53] right? 是吧
[28:54] Right. 是的
[28:55] Right? 真的是吗
[28:56] Maybe. 可能
[28:57] A new generation of paleontologists has seized upon 新一代的古生物学家根据
[29:00] the few fossils found above the KT Boundary to suggest KT边界中找到的化石推断出
[29:02] that some dinosaurs survived the comet’s impact. 有些恐龙在彗星撞击后存活了下来
[29:05] Like Martin Luther before them, they have dared 像马丁·路德一样
[29:07] to challenge the orthodoxy of the institution 他们敢于向给他们饭碗的
[29:09] which gives them their livelihood. 权威机构挑战
[29:11] They call their theory “Dead Clade Walking.” 他们把他们的理论称为”大灭绝的幸存者”
[29:13] And it’s enormously controversial in the field. 这在科学界引起了很大的争议
[29:16] Okay, so maybe dinosaurs lived longer than we thought. 可能我们低估了恐龙主宰地球的时间
[29:18] Why is that controversial? 为什么这会存在争议
[29:20] Well, why is anything controversial? 为什么每件事都存在争议
[29:21] These people need something to argue about, 因为人们需要争论一些事情
[29:23] and “Dead Clade Walking” has yielded 而”大灭绝的幸存者”这个理论
[29:25] a bumper crop of conflict. 引起了很大的争议
[29:28] Well, sounds like a really good episode of Nova, 听起来是很有趣的故事
[29:31] but I’m not sure what it has to do with our investigation. 但我还是不知道这和我们的调查有什么关系
[29:35] Rock the nanotyrannus was found in. 矮暴龙的化石也在其中
[29:37] I decided to take a closer look at its composition. 我决定再进一步研究这个化合物
[29:40] And Gay has confirmed that it seems to have 盖伊证实了它含有
[29:43] certain geological features 特定的地质特征
[29:44] which would suggest it was buried above the KT Boundary. 表明它被埋在KT边界之上
[29:48] It would be the first complete skeleton found there. 这是那里发现的第一具完整骨骼
[29:52] So it could have proven the theory? 所以这可能证明那个理论
[29:54] Though we will never know. 但我们永远不会知道
[29:55] Whoever destroyed the sample has made sure of that. 破坏样本的人肯定已经确认了这一点
[29:59] You think someone was willing to kill 你认为杀人动机是
[30:00] just to keep “Dead Clade Walking” from being declared true? 为了阻止证明”大灭绝的幸存者”的真实性吗
[30:03] Murders have been committed on the basis of far less. 凶手实施犯罪正是因此动机
[30:06] Who would do that? 那个人会是谁
[30:07] I don’t know. Not yet. 目前还不知道
[30:09] But I’m assembling a list of the city’s most vocal opponents 但是我把对此理论反对声音最大的
[30:13] to “Dead Clade Walking.” 人名做了汇编
[30:15] Seemed like a good place to start. 这是一个很好的入手点
[30:18] You’ve all been asked here today because you represent 叫你们来是因为你们是对
[30:20] the most strident opposition to “Dead Clade Walking.” “大灭绝的幸存者”反对最为激烈的人
[30:24] You might be interested to know that we recently found 我们最近发现了一具很可能
[30:27] a nanotyrannus skeleton that may have been buried 被埋在KT边界之上的矮暴龙骨架
[30:30] well above the KT Layer. 你们或许会对此感兴趣
[30:32] Unfortunately, the fossil was destroyed 不幸的是 化石被破坏了
[30:34] and the person in possession of it was killed. 其所有者也被谋杀了
[30:38] We believe someone with a vested interest in keeping 我们相信凶手心生杀机
[30:42] “Dead Clade Walking” from being proven right 是想阻止”大灭绝的幸存者”
[30:43] was behind the murder. 被证实
[30:46] You think one of us did it? 你们怀疑是我们其中一人干的
[30:47] Do I look like I’m running around planning murders? 我长得像精谋细划的凶手吗
[30:50] We’d like each of you to volunteer a cheek swab, 我们想请你们志愿参加样本采集
[30:52] and we’ll test it against some DNA we found at the crime scene. 我们将比对现场发现的DNA样本
[30:56] You don’t have to agree, of course, 当然 你们可以拒绝
[30:57] although you would be assisting 但你们可以帮助一项
[30:59] an active homicide investigation if you do. 杀人案件的调查
[31:01] Okay, whatever. This is silly. 好吧 无所谓 真够可笑
[31:08] Problem? 有问题吗
[31:09] With giving my DNA to the police? Yes. 把我的DNA给警方吗 我反对
[31:13] I do have a problem with that. 我不同意
[31:22] Guy takes his privacy seriously. 这家伙很注重隐私
[31:24] Yeah. His name is Ivan Kershavin. 他的名字是伊凡·克沙文
[31:28] And perhaps our investigation just found a bit of focus. 可能我们有了调查的重点
[31:32] Let’s say this guy really did kill the Magpie. 假设他真的杀了喜鹊
[31:35] He has to know we’re watching him, right? 他肯定知道我们监视着他 不是吗
[31:38] I mean, even if we use his social media 我是说 即使我们使用社交软件
[31:40] to track down where he’ll be today, 跟踪他今天的行程
[31:42] you really think he’s gonna throw away a tissue 他怎么可能会丢下一张纸巾
[31:44] so we can get a DNA sample? 好让我们取到样本
[31:46] Well, he wouldn’t if he was a competent criminal. 如果他是个经验丰富的杀手他可能不会
[31:48] But the good investigator never rules out 但是一个好的调查员不会排除
[31:49] the possibility that one’s quarry is a fool. 调查对象是傻瓜的可能性
[31:55] Are you worried about Randy? 你在担心兰迪吗
[31:56] No, I’m-I’m just checking to see if he’s called, that’s all. 没有 我只是看看他有没有打来电话
[32:01] You know, if he has cut me off, it’ll be a relief. 如果他跟我断绝关系 会是种解脱
[32:05] Sponsorship is a risky investment 说实话 对于一个人的时间和经历来说
[32:06] of one’s time and energy, quite frankly. 做担保人是一项风险投资
[32:08] Well, you can back off that Kershavin guy. 把对克沙文的调查先停了吧
[32:11] We got the preliminary results from the DNA samples we took. 我们拿到了DNA样本的初步结果
[32:15] There is a match for what we found at the scene. 有一个和犯罪现场样本匹配
[32:17] It’s Andrew Donnelly. 这个人是安德鲁·唐纳利
[32:20] The guy in the wheelchair? 坐轮椅的那个人吗
[32:23] Guy is smart enough to not talk until his lawyer gets here. 他很聪明 要等到律师来了才开口
[32:27] I know DNA is DNA, 我知道DNA匹配很有说服力
[32:29] but I’m having a hard time getting my head around that guy 但是我还是想象不到
[32:32] shooting a career criminal 这样的一个人射中职业罪犯
[32:33] and then clubbing him to death. 并把他打死的场景
[32:37] He gave us his DNA. 他给了我们DNA
[32:39] He knew a refusal would make him a suspect. 他知道如果拒绝会被怀疑
[32:42] Perhaps he’s hoping we were bluffing. 可能他希望我们只是虚张声势
[32:44] I know the visual’s incongruous, but… 我知道看起来很难以想象 但是…
[32:48] Andrew Donnelly is a superstar of paleontology. 安德鲁·唐纳利是古生物学界的巨星
[32:51] He’s also the leading opponent of “Dead Clade Walking.” 他也是反对”大灭绝的幸存者”最强烈的人
[32:54] He’s staked out a very public position, 他明确地公开表过态
[32:56] so he’s got quite a bit to lose: 所以他可能会损失不少
[32:58] speaking fees, consulting jobs. 演讲费 咨询工作
[33:00] The books that he writes 他写的那些书
[33:01] would no doubt fall out of circulation. 肯定不会再买了
[33:04] You like him for the Doug Newberg murder, too? 你觉得他也是道格·纽伯格凶杀案的凶手吗
[33:07] Actually, we just got the results comparing the DNA 实际上 我们刚刚得到两个犯罪现场的
[33:09] from both crime scenes; they don’t match. DNA比对结果 并不匹配
[33:12] We’re looking for two different killers. 这两件凶杀案是两个人干的
[33:14] Maybe the Newberg murder was just 可能纽伯格的凶杀案只是
[33:16] a garden-variety burglary gone wrong. 普通的抢劫升级案件
[33:18] Seems unlikely. 不大可能
[33:21] Well, let’s see. 我们等着瞧
[33:23] Maybe he’ll confess to the Magpie’s murder. 或许他会承认喜鹊是他杀的
[33:33] Oh, you can turn around, Counselor. 不用走 律师
[33:35] We’re ready to begin questioning your client. 我们要开始审讯你的客户了
[33:37] There isn’t gonna be an interrogation of Mr. Donnelly. 唐纳利先生不会接受审讯的
[33:39] My client is the victim of a frame-up. 我的客户被陷害了
[33:42] Malcolm Turner, this man who called himself “The Magpie”– 马尔科姆·特纳 自称”喜鹊”的那个人
[33:45] he was killed yesterday morning, right? 是在昨天上午被杀的 对吗
[33:47] Sometime between 10:00 and 12:00? 在十点到十二点之间
[33:49] Andrew Donnelly was leading a guided tour 安德鲁·唐纳利从九点到两点半
[33:52] of the Triboro Museum of Natural History from 9:00 a.m. until 2:30. 都在带人参观泰布罗自然史博物馆
[33:57] It’s something he does every year 他每年都会为
[33:58] for people who donate big money to his department. 给他的院系捐巨款的人这样做
[34:01] I’ve got Instagram photos 我这里有在参观过程中
[34:02] posted during the tour itself, 分享的照片
[34:05] and more than a dozen millionaires who can vouch for his whereabouts. 还有一堆可以证明他所处何地的百万富翁
[34:09] I take it you’ll be issuing an apology 在唐纳利先生被释放时
[34:12] along with Mr. Donnelly’s release. 你发布一份道歉声明吧
[34:18] Well, it… appears she’s correct. 看起来…她是对的
[34:21] Mr. Donnelly could not have murdered the Magpie. 唐纳利先生不可能杀喜鹊
[34:24] Well, how the hell did his DNA get to the crime scene? 那他的DNA怎么跑到犯罪现场去的
[34:48] Why are you cutting up the Magpie case file? 你为什么要切碎喜鹊的案件档案
[34:50] I am reducing it to digestible chunks. 我要把它们割成易消化的小片
[34:54] A 1953 study at the University of Michigan 密歇根大学1953年的一项研究
[34:57] found that planarian worms 证明涡虫在消化了
[34:58] could navigate a maze more successfully 同样在走迷宫的涡虫残骸后
[35:00] after ingesting the remains of other worms who had also run the same course. 能够更好地在迷宫中导向
[35:06] Perhaps if I ingest the file, it will offer fresh insights. 或许我消化了这些档案 就能有新观点
[35:10] You’re not really gonna eat that entire stack of paper, right? 你不会真的吃掉那一堆纸 对吧
[35:13] Andrew Donnelly’s DNA was found 安德鲁·唐纳利的DNA
[35:14] at the scene of the Magpie’s murder, 在喜鹊凶杀案现场被发现
[35:16] but he did not commit the crime. 但人却并不是他杀的
[35:18] Ivan Kershavin refused to give us a sample 伊凡·克沙文拒绝向我们提供
[35:20] of his DNA, but two hours ago, 他的DNA样本 但是两个小时前
[35:22] a detective pulled a can of soda 一个警探也从他的垃圾中翻到一个饮料罐
[35:23] from his rubbish and got one for us anyway. 成功提取到了DNA
[35:26] Not a match. 不相符
[35:27] I’m at a loss. 我没有头绪了
[35:29] Hence, a new perspective on the problem. 因此需要一个新的观点
[35:33] Well, the Magpie kept records of all his transactions, right? 喜鹊的所有交易他都有记录 对吗
[35:37] Gregson pulled it from his studio. 格雷森从他的工作室弄出来的
[35:39] If we figure out who the customers were, 如果我们查出买家是谁
[35:42] maybe we can come up with a new list of suspects. 或许就能列出新的嫌疑人
[35:45] Thank you for your insights. 谢谢你的观点
[35:47] I would not have thought of that on my own. 我自己肯定想不到
[35:57] The Magpie identified his customers via pseudonyms. 喜鹊用假名记录他的客户
[36:00] He sold a tapestry from a castle 他把爱尔兰某个城堡的挂毯
[36:02] in Ireland to a “Bucky Wanderstick,” 卖给了一个叫”巴基·万得斯迪克”的人
[36:05] a bracelet supposedly worn by Genghis Khan 一个曾被成吉思汗戴过的手环
[36:07] went to “Michael McBender,” so on. 卖给了个叫”迈克尔·麦克本德”的 等等
[36:10] At least the guy has a bad sense of humor. 至少这家伙没什么幽默感
[36:13] “Snipes Houlihan”– he’s got his own separate column. “斯奈普·胡利汉” 他被单独列出
[36:16] Four different sales. 四次不同的交易
[36:18] “D-apostrophe-phalange.” “D 撇号 指骨”
[36:19] “D-apostrophe-humerus.” “D 撇号 肱部”
[36:20] “D-apostrophe-atlas/axis.” “D 撇号 寰枢椎”
[36:22] A toe, an arm, top of the spine… 一个脚趾 一只上臂 脊骨的顶端…
[36:25] The transactions happened over a period of months, so… 这些交易相差几个月 所以…
[36:28] I want to know why they’re linked. 我想知道它们之间有什么联系
[37:12] I’m guessing there’s a good reason for all of this. 我猜你这么做一定有很好的理由
[37:17] I’m trying to attract the attention of “Snipes Houlihan.” 我在试图吸引”斯奈普·胡利汉”的注意
[37:20] You know who he is? 你知道他是谁吗
[37:21] I was curious as to why the sales were grouped 我很好奇为什么那些交易
[37:23] under the heading “D-apostrophe-D.” 都被编辑在”D 撇号 D”那栏里
[37:26] When I reasoned that the Magpie would only be trading 当我想到喜鹊只交易那些
[37:28] in bones of species which were rare or extinct, 稀有或者灭绝物种的骸骨时
[37:32] I quickly developed a theory as to what it meant. 我很快有了一个理论
[37:37] He sold three different Dimetrodon bones to the same buyer. 他把三块长棘龙的骸骨卖给了同一个人
[37:40] Precisely. 正是
[37:41] Three different bones from three wildly divergent locations on the body. 三块分散在身体各处的骸骨
[37:45] Why would one need a toe, an arm, leg, 为什么会有人需要一个脚趾 一只上臂
[37:49] and a piece of the spinal column? 一条腿和一块脊骨呢
[37:50] Well, I can read. 我识字
[37:51] I’m guessing you think that he used it 我猜你觉得他用那些
[37:53] to fill out this display. 让展出品更完整
[37:54] A display which claims to be 一个声称是此物种
[37:55] the only complete skeleton of its kind, 唯一完整的骨架
[37:58] but which is, in fact, augmented 然而事实上
[38:00] by bones which were purchased on the black market. 是由黑市上买来的化石骨头拼装起来的
[38:05] So that man we met, Jerome Thomas– 我们遇到的那个人 杰罗姆·托马斯
[38:07] he said that he supervised the dig himself. 他说他亲自监督了挖掘工作
[38:10] He did. 没错
[38:11] He personally oversaw the cataloging of all the findings. 以及所有出土物的归档
[38:15] You think he faked finding a complete skeleton 你是说他谎称发现了一具完整的化石骨骼
[38:17] and then bought the missing pieces on the black market. 然后到黑市上去买缺失的部分
[38:22] But what does this have to do with the Magpie’s murder? 但是这和喜鹊的死又有什么关系
[38:25] It’s the link which connects 这是联接道格·纽伯格和喜鹊
[38:27] the murders of Doug Newberg and the Magpie. 两起谋杀案的线索所在
[38:30] Firstly, it establishes that Dr. Thomas knew 第一 这证实了托马斯博士认识他
[38:32] and did business with the man. 并与他做过交易
[38:35] He would no doubt know 他肯定知道
[38:36] what he had up for sale at any given moment. 他随时在卖些什么
[38:38] The textbook I gave you– did you notice who wrote it? 我给你的教科书 你注意到作者是谁了吗
[38:43] Andrew Donnelly. He’s… 安德鲁·唐纳利 他
[38:46] He’s the man whose DNA was found 他的DNA出现在喜鹊
[38:48] at the scene of the Magpie’s murder. 和杰罗姆·托马斯的
[38:50] And Jerome Thomas. 凶案现场
[38:52] They collaborated on that book, which is used 他们合著的那本书
[38:55] as the introductory text 几乎是所有入门级课程
[38:56] for almost every entry-level course. 的导读性书籍
[39:00] Now, Andrew Donnelly’s reputation would be ruined 如果”大灭绝的幸存者”被证明是正确的
[39:02] if “Dead Clade Walking” Were proven correct. 安德鲁·唐纳利将会名誉扫地
[39:04] So what do you think would happen to sales of his textbook? 那你觉得其著作的销量会有何影响
[39:08] I’m sure they would plummet. 肯定一落千丈
[39:09] What do you suppose would happen to the reputation 那他合作伙伴的声誉
[39:10] of his close associates? 又会怎样呢
[39:12] They’d be tainted, too. 肯定也会受损
[39:13] What one earth are you two doing? 你们俩在干嘛
[39:17] You found out there was a fossil 你发现了能够证明
[39:18] that could prove “Dead Clade Walking”” “大灭绝的幸存者”理论的化石
[39:20] and you killed Doug Newberg to get your hands on it. 并杀了道格·纽伯格来得到它
[39:22] – What? – You couldn’t find it, so you thought it was lost, -什么 -你没找到 就以为是弄丢了
[39:25] until the Magpie put it up for sale again. 直到喜鹊重新拿出来出售
[39:27] And then you planted Andrew Donnelly’s DNA 然后你在第二起谋杀案的现场
[39:29] at the second murder. 安置了安德鲁·唐纳利的DNA
[39:31] Actually, I think that was a mistake. 事实上 我觉得这是个疏忽
[39:33] I think you used a tool that 我想你是用了
[39:34] you and Dr. Donnelly probably shared in the field. 你和唐纳利博士共用的一件发掘工具
[39:36] Maybe you brought it with you to destroy the fossil. 可能你带着它去摧毁化石
[39:40] I don’t know what you’re talking about, 我不知道你在说什么
[39:41] but you two need to leave. 但你们俩得走了
[39:45] Yeah, all right. 好 没关系
[39:46] If that’s what you want. 如果你这么坚持
[39:48] We don’t have enough evidence to arrest you, anyway. 反正我们也没有足够的证据逮捕你
[39:50] But… the police are drawing up 但是 警方现在正起草
[39:53] a warrant for your DNA as we speak. 获取你DNA的授权令
[39:56] And you and I 而你我都知道
[39:57] both know it’s going to match the material 它会和三年前
[39:59] found at Doug Newberg’s three years ago. 在道格·纽伯格家发现的DNA吻合
[40:01] They’re also going to be able to search your home 警方还会去你的家
[40:02] and your lab for the murder weapon. 和你的实验室搜查凶器
[40:04] So, given all that, 鉴于此
[40:07] I thought I’d give you the opportunity to confess. 我觉得应该给你一个坦白的机会
[40:15] The academic community was stunned today 今日 学术界震惊地得知
[40:17] as Dr. Jerome Thomas, curator of the fossil collection 泰布罗自然史博物馆的
[40:21] at the Triboro Museum of Natural History, 化石收藏馆馆长杰罗姆·托马斯博士
[40:23] was charged with two separate murders… 被指控犯有两起谋杀
[40:48] This was at the front stoop for you. 门前台阶上的包裹 是给你的
[40:51] This would be the remains of the Nanotyrannus. 一定是矮暴龙化石的残骸
[40:53] Oh. You mean a pile of dust? 你是说这一堆石块粉末
[40:55] This creature survived the single greatest 这个生物捱过了历史上
[40:57] extinction-level event in history. 最大规模的一次物种大灭绝
[41:00] It deserves a loftier resting place than someone’s dustbin. 它理当获得一个比垃圾箱更好的归宿
[41:03] Do you feel good? 感觉不错吧
[41:06] You solved the case. 你破了这案子
[41:09] Doug Newberg’s parents finally know what happened to their son. 道格·纽伯格的父母总算知道了他们儿子的死因
[41:13] Yes, I suppose I do. 没错 我想是的
[41:16] You don’t have to say it. 你不用说出来
[41:18] I know what you’re thinking. 我知道你在想什么
[41:20] The odds are reasonably good 要不是你
[41:21] that none of this would have happened without you. 案件就无法如此顺利解决
[41:24] Allow me to return the favor 请允许我还个人情
[41:26] by releasing the evil humours from your skull. 帮你释放掉你脑中的恶趣味
[41:31] I’m good. 不必了
[42:07] I got high with Eve last night. 昨晚我和伊芙两个人嗑药了
[42:12] I see. 知道了
[42:14] I woke up this morning 今早起来之后
[42:15] and I told her that I never wanted to see her again. 我告诉她再也不想看到她了
[42:20] It’s over. 我们结束了
[42:23] I don’t know if you’re still my sponsor or not, 我不知道你还是不是我的担保人
[42:25] but if you’d be willing… 但如果你愿意的话
[42:27] So you want to go to a meeting? 想去参加个互助会吗
[42:30] Right now? 现在
[42:34] Yeah. 我想
[42:37] All right. 走吧
基本演绎法

Post navigation

Previous Post: 基本演绎法(Elementary)第2季第13集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: 基本演绎法(Elementary)第2季第15集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

  • July 2024
  • June 2024

Categories

  • 1931年
  • 1939年
  • 1941年
  • 1942年
  • 1943年
  • 1944年
  • 1948年
  • 1952年
  • 1953年
  • 1954年
  • 1955年
  • 1956年
  • 1957年
  • 1958年
  • 1959年
  • 1960年
  • 1961年
  • 1962年
  • 1963年
  • 1964年
  • 1966年
  • 1967年
  • 1968年
  • 1969年
  • 1970年
  • 1971年
  • 1972年
  • 1973年
  • 1974年
  • 1975年
  • 1976年
  • 1977年
  • 1978年
  • 1979年
  • 1980年
  • 1981年
  • 1982年
  • 1983年
  • 1984年
  • 1985年
  • 1986年
  • 1987年
  • 1988年
  • 1989年
  • 1990年
  • 1991年
  • 1992年
  • 1993年
  • 1994年
  • 1995年
  • 1996年
  • 1997年
  • 1998年
  • 1999年
  • 2000年
  • 2001年
  • 2002年
  • 2003年
  • 2004年
  • 2005年
  • 2006年
  • 2007年
  • 2008年
  • 2009年
  • 2010年
  • 2011年
  • 2012年
  • 2013年
  • 2014年
  • 2015年
  • 2016年
  • 2017年
  • 2018年
  • 2019年
  • 2020年
  • 2021年
  • 2022年
  • 2023年
  • 2024年
  • barui
  • Uncategorized
  • 一切安好
  • 中央公园
  • 亢奋
  • 亿万
  • 传世
  • 兄弟连
  • 克拉丽丝
  • 克拉克森的农场
  • 内裤队长
  • 副警长
  • 十字剑
  • 博斯
  • 卡特特工
  • 双城之战
  • 发展受阻
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝
  • 哈哈大校
  • 坏法官
  • 坏老师
  • 基本演绎法
  • 大城小妞
  • 大学生费莉希蒂
  • 大神偷卡门
  • 大西洋帝国
  • 天使在美国
  • 娃娃脸
  • 小小安妮
  • 小谎大事
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯
  • 布里奇顿
  • 幻灭
  • 废柴联盟
  • 康斯坦丁
  • 开心汉堡店
  • 德古拉
  • 德里女孩
  • 怒呛人生
  • 恋爱挑战书
  • 惊异传奇
  • 惊悚50州
  • 意乱情迷
  • 成瘾剂量
  • 我为喜剧狂
  • 找寻自我
  • 摩斯探长前传
  • 教师情事
  • 敢不敢挑战我
  • 新成长的烦恼
  • 日常谜团
  • 明日传奇
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯
  • 更美好的事
  • 末日巡逻队
  • 杀无赦
  • 柏林谍影
  • 死亡医师
  • 比弗利娇妻
  • 波士顿法律
  • 火线警告
  • 灵书妙探
  • 犯罪心理
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密
  • 狂欢命案
  • 狄金森
  • 狗狗博客
  • 生活
  • 生活大爆炸
  • 眼见为虚
  • 破产姐妹
  • 破发点大满贯之路
  • 神烦警探
  • 红粉联盟
  • 绝命律师
  • 绝命毒师
  • 绝望的主妇
  • 绿箭侠
  • 罪恶黑名单
  • 美国众神
  • 美国恐怖故事
  • 美国罪案故事
  • 美女上错身
  • 美式主妇
  • 脆莓公园
  • 致命陷阱
  • 艾米丽在巴黎
  • 芝加哥急救
  • 芝加哥烈焰
  • 芝加哥警署
  • 蛇蝎女佣
  • 贴身保镖
  • 达芬奇的恶魔
  • 迷失
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉
  • 逝者之证
  • 郊狼
  • 金牌律师
  • 铁证悬案
  • 随性所欲
  • 零异频道
  • 马男波杰克
  • 鲍勃心动
  • 麻木不仁
  • 黑吃黑
  • 黑帆
  • 黑暗救赎
  • 黑色星期一

Copyright © 2025 英美剧电影台词站.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme