时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:26] | The egg was your innovation, I take it? | 我猜 放鸡蛋是你的创意吧 |
[00:28] | Best way to confirm the pate’s been struck. | 这是证明你脑袋被击中的最好方法 |
[00:30] | No disputes in the absence of judges. | 在没裁判的情况下也能让双方心服口服 |
[00:36] | Beautiful city, New York. | 真是美丽的城市啊 纽约 |
[00:39] | It’s no London, though, is it? | 但这里终究不是伦敦 对吧 |
[00:42] | It’s the American London. | 这里是美国的伦敦 |
[00:43] | Still, you must miss it. | 看来你还是想念伦敦 |
[00:45] | I miss nothing. | 我什么都不想 |
[00:47] | Pates being the obvious exception. | “击头”运动算是例外 |
[00:49] | May I assume we’re still on for this evening? | 今晚我们还能继续吗 |
[00:53] | Diogenes, my restaurant. Dinner. | 去第欧根尼 我的饭店 一起吃晚饭 |
[00:57] | You were a no-show at the opening. | 开幕的时候你没参加 |
[00:58] | Yes, well, I had a choice to make, didn’t I? | 对 我可以选择的 是吧 |
[01:00] | Find the abductor of a young girl, | 我是选择追捕诱拐少女的罪犯 |
[01:02] | or choke down cuisine in a room full of gits. | 还是去满是白痴的饭店勉强吃菜呢 |
[01:04] | I leave in a few days. | 几天后我就要走了 |
[01:06] | You’ve been putting this off for a week. | 你已经拖了一周了 |
[01:08] | Diogenes is my creation, Sherlock. | 第欧根尼是我的心血 夏洛克 |
[01:10] | I’m proud of it. You’re my brother. | 我引以为傲 而你是我的弟弟 |
[01:14] | And here was me thinking that we could satisfy your itch | 但在我看来 我们可以用这种 |
[01:16] | for fraternal bonding using the age-old tradition | 兄弟互斗的古老传统 |
[01:18] | of two siblings hitting each other. | 来满足你对兄弟亲情的渴望 |
[01:20] | It’d mean a lot to me. | 它对我来说意义重大 |
[01:24] | Very well. | 那好吧 |
[01:26] | In the meantime… | 与此同时… |
[01:46] | What’s today’s word? | 今天背什么单词啊 |
[01:47] | “Borborygmus.” | “腹鸣” |
[01:49] | What’s that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[01:50] | “The sound of your stomach grumbling.” | “肚子咕咕叫的声音” |
[01:52] | Borborygmus. | 腹鸣 |
[01:54] | Some words we just don’t need. | 反正是用不着的词 |
[02:08] | Did you hear that? | 你听见了吗 |
[02:09] | What? | 什么 |
[02:11] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[02:13] | I guess it was nothing. | 我想没什么事 |
[02:42] | Lady saw the body on the roof from an office window, | 有位女士从办公室窗户看见了车顶的尸体 |
[02:45] | Call it in. Radio car pulled the driver over. | 打电话报警 无线电通讯警车让司机停车 |
[02:49] | Looks like she was stabbed | 看来她坠楼之前 |
[02:50] | before she fell, just below the ribs. | 被人刺伤了 就在肋骨下方的位置 |
[02:52] | Yeah, kind of rules out suicide. | 对 不像是自杀的样子 |
[02:54] | Somebody came at her with a knife, | 有人拿刀捅了她 |
[02:55] | and then she went airborne. | 随后她就从楼上掉了下来 |
[02:57] | Do we know who she is? | 知道她的身份了吗 |
[02:59] | Well, no I.D. | 还没 没找到身份证 |
[03:00] | No clue when she hit the truck. | 也不知道她何时掉到卡车顶上的 |
[03:01] | About the only thing the driver could say for sure | 但司机唯一可以肯定的是 |
[03:03] | is that she wasn’t there when he started this morning. | 今早他出车的时候 她肯定不在车上 |
[03:06] | So, unless a missing persons call comes in | 除非有符合她特征描述的 |
[03:07] | matching her description, | 失踪人口报告 |
[03:09] | I’m looking at canvassing | 否则我就得彻底搜查 |
[03:10] | every stop he’s made today. | 他今天停过的每一站 |
[03:26] | Good news, Detective. | 好消息 警探 |
[03:30] | Think I might be able to narrow your search. | 我想我可以缩小你的搜查范围 |
[03:37] | Would you mind asking the driver to join us for a moment? | 能请你把司机叫过来一下吗 |
[03:41] | Sir? | 先生 |
[03:46] | Would I be correct in assuming | 我想这些数字 |
[03:47] | that these numbers are used to organize the parcels | 是在装车的时候标注包裹 |
[03:50] | as they’re loaded for delivery? | 方便送货的对吗 |
[03:52] | Yeah. Loading sets me up in the morning | 是的 装货的工人今早 |
[03:54] | with everything in delivery order. | 按送货的顺序放好的 |
[03:55] | Every stop, I find the delivery | 每到一站 我就核对 |
[03:57] | by checking the numbers on the shelf. | 架上的数字 然后送货 |
[03:59] | Excellent. So, you should have no trouble | 很好 那你肯定能告诉我们 |
[04:00] | in telling us where you were | 你送放在这里的 |
[04:01] | when you delivered the box which sat here. | 那箱货物的时候是在哪 |
[04:04] | Sure. But why? | 当然 但为什么这么问 |
[04:06] | If you just do as he asks, please. | 就按他说的做吧 拜托了 |
[04:13] | When our Jane Doe hit the roof, | 我们的无名氏小姐掉落车顶时的 |
[04:15] | the impact dislodged paint chips from the ceiling, | 撞击使车顶上的油漆碎屑落下了一些 |
[04:19] | which, as you can see, are currently dispersed | 正如你们所见 这些碎屑现在散布在 |
[04:20] | around the shelves and floor. | 货架和地板上 |
[04:23] | But notice | 但请注意 |
[04:23] | said paint chips | 这些油漆碎屑 |
[04:25] | abruptly stop | 在这个架子的这半边 |
[04:26] | partway along this shelf. | 突然消失了 |
[04:28] | These spaces, | 放在这里的箱子 |
[04:29] | the chips hit boxes which were still here | 在碎屑掉落的时候 |
[04:32] | at the moment of impact. | 还在货架上 |
[04:33] | Boxes which our accommodating | 在那之后 我们乐于助人 |
[04:34] | but unobservant driver has since delivered. | 但粗心大意的司机才把这些货送出去 |
[04:37] | So, we need simply identify the delivery | 所以 我们只要知道送放在没有碎屑的 |
[04:38] | immediately preceding the point where the chips cease… | 架子上的货物之前他在哪里就行了 |
[04:41] | And we’ll know the truck’s location when the body fell. | 这样就能找到尸体落在卡车上的地点 |
[04:45] | Closer than we started. | 至少比刚开始的范围小 |
[04:48] | Guess I’ll start ringing doorbells. | 看来我得挨家挨户按门铃了 |
[04:50] | I think we should start there– | 我觉得我们应该先去那看看 |
[04:53] | the third balcony up. | 往上数第三个阳台 |
[04:54] | I mean, all the apartments have the same trees | 我是说 所有公寓的阳台上 |
[04:56] | on their terrace except for that one. | 都有同样的树 除了那个 |
[04:58] | Maybe it got knocked over when she fell. | 也许是她坠楼的时候撞翻的 |
[05:07] | Well done, Watson. | 干得好 华生 |
[05:18] | Well, the stabbing happened here, obviously. | 显然 凶手是在这捅了她 |
[05:24] | Miss Doe stumbled backwards and over the balcony. | 无名氏小姐匆忙后退 失足摔下阳台 |
[05:28] | Hey, the super doesn’t know the girl’s name. | 管理员不知道这女孩的名字 |
[05:30] | Said people pay for their privacy here. | 说是这里的住客都付费保护隐私 |
[05:33] | Um, no cameras, no doorman, no questions. | 所以没摄像头 没保安 也不会盘问 |
[05:36] | He gave me the management company’s contact info. | 他给了我物业公司的联系方式 |
[05:38] | Thought maybe they could tell us. | 也许他们会知道 |
[05:43] | You were up early this morning. | 你今天起得很早 |
[05:45] | You assume that I slept. | 你以为我睡觉了 |
[05:47] | Well, I heard you and Mycroft up on the roof. | 我听见你和麦考夫在屋顶上 |
[05:49] | I was worried he might wake you. | 我还担心他会吵醒你 |
[05:51] | The man may have lost a few pounds, | 他的体重是轻了几磅 |
[05:52] | but he has all the grace of a drunken mastodon. | 但还是像喝多了的大象一样 |
[05:56] | Well, I think it’ nice… | 我觉得你们俩… |
[05:59] | the two of you getting to know each other again. | 能重新了解对方挺不错的 |
[06:05] | Her name was Haley Tyler. | 她的名字叫海莉·泰勒 |
[06:07] | – She was 26. – I take it | -二十六岁 -我猜 |
[06:10] | the address on Miss Tyler’s driver’s license | 泰勒小姐驾照上的地址 |
[06:12] | is not this apartment. | 不是这间公寓 |
[06:14] | Yep, you’re right. | 你说的没错 |
[06:15] | 德克萨斯 驾驶执照 | |
[06:16] | “Mineral Wells, Texas.” | 矿泉井 德克萨斯州 |
[06:18] | Two pairs of designer shoes, barely used. | 两双名牌鞋 基本没穿过 |
[06:20] | One older pair of the bargain basement variety. | 还有一双旧的便宜货 |
[06:23] | The wear on all three, however, | 这三双鞋都显示出 |
[06:24] | indicates an identical supination of the left heel, | 左脚跟的明显外翻 |
[06:27] | ruling out multiple owners. | 它们属于同一个人 |
[06:28] | There are newer clothes | 衣柜里有从高端精品店 |
[06:30] | bought at high-end boutiques hanging in the closet. | 买来的新衣服 |
[06:32] | The older, more homey attire, is stuffed into her luggage. | 旧衣服更像是家居服 都在箱子里 |
[06:35] | Yes, Miss Tyler was new to the big city. | 泰勒小姐刚来这座大城市 |
[06:37] | She was accustomed to far less affluent means. | 她曾经没有什么钱 |
[06:39] | It’s unlikely she could have afforded | 她应该买不起 |
[06:41] | this little bauble herself. | 这件东西 |
[06:43] | I humbly submit, she was a kept woman. | 依我的拙见 她是被包养了 |
[06:47] | Well, | 好吧 |
[06:47] | if you’re right, you’re not gonna believe | 如果你是对的 你不会相信 |
[06:49] | who was keeping her. | 她是被谁包养的 |
[06:50] | That phone you get along with better than most people– | 你那部用得比多数人都熟练的手机 |
[06:53] | the guy who owns this apartment invented it, | 就是这间公寓的主人发明的 |
[06:55] | along with half the computers in the country. | 还有这国家一半的电脑 |
[06:58] | Ian Gale. | 伊恩·盖尔 |
[07:01] | I just read his autobiography last year. | 我去年才读过他的自传 |
[07:03] | Impressive man. | 挺不错的人 |
[07:04] | Are you kidding me? He is an icon. | 开什么玩笑 他可是个偶像 |
[07:06] | I’m sure he puts his ear buds in one at a time, | 我敢肯定他也一次戴一只耳塞 |
[07:08] | just like the rest of us. | 跟我们一样 |
[07:10] | Detective Bell? | 贝尔警探 |
[07:12] | That’s right. | 是我 |
[07:14] | You’re not Ian Gale. | 你不是伊恩·盖尔 |
[07:16] | No. I’m Alan Becker, Mr. Gale’s lawyer. | 对 我是阿兰·贝克 盖尔先生的律师 |
[07:18] | Someone with a badge shows up looking for Mr. Gale, | 一旦有带着警徽的人来找盖尔先生 |
[07:21] | you get me. | 我就会出现 |
[07:23] | Yes, I am aware who Miss Tyler is. | 我知道泰勒小姐是谁 |
[07:27] | Was. | 曾经是谁 |
[07:28] | If you’d like, | 如果你们需要 |
[07:29] | my office can assist in contacting next of kin. | 我的办公室可以帮忙联系她的亲戚 |
[07:32] | Thanks, but we’ve already reached out to her mom. | 谢了 但我们已经找到了她母亲 |
[07:34] | She’s on her way to New York as we speak. | 我们说话的时候她正在来纽约的路上 |
[07:36] | I’m not at liberty to discuss the nature | 我不能跟你们讨论 |
[07:38] | of Mr. Gale’s relationship with Miss Tyler, | 盖尔先生和泰勒小姐的关系 |
[07:41] | but I’m sure I can speak for Ian and all of Galeforce | 但我确定我可以代表伊恩和整个盖尔集团 |
[07:45] | in expressing our shock and sadness at this horrible news. | 表达对这个噩耗的震惊和悲痛 |
[07:49] | We’d like to hear Mr. Gale express | 我们想听盖尔先生 |
[07:51] | his shock and sadness himself. | 亲自表达他的震惊和悲痛 |
[07:53] | And we already have a pretty good sense | 而且我们已经差不多了解了 |
[07:55] | of the nature of the relationship. | 他们的关系 |
[07:56] | What we would like to ask Mr. Gale is | 我们想问问盖尔先生 |
[07:58] | how the relationship ended. | 他们的关系是如何结束的 |
[08:00] | Lover’s quarrel? | 情人间的争吵 |
[08:02] | Did Miss Tyler threaten to go public? Tell his wife? | 泰勒小姐威胁要公诸于众 告诉他妻子 |
[08:04] | Was she no longer satisfied being the other woman? | 她不再满足于当第三者了吗 |
[08:07] | Mr. Gale is unavailable, | 盖尔先生不方便见人 |
[08:09] | and I can assure you, he had nothing to do with her death. | 而且我可以保证 他跟她的死无关 |
[08:12] | How would you know that without asking him? | 你不问问他怎么知道 |
[08:14] | He’s in Kuala Lumpur. | 他在吉隆坡 |
[08:16] | He has been for over a month. | 他已经去了一个多月 |
[08:19] | Here. | 看这个 |
[08:22] | This was recorded about 12 hours ago | 这是大概12小时前 |
[08:23] | by a local Malaysian news channel. | 一个马来西亚当地新闻频道拍的 |
[08:26] | He’s there overseeing the plans | 他在那里监督 |
[08:27] | for the new chip assembly plant. | 新的芯片装配厂的方案 |
[08:29] | Should I bother asking how long a flight is | 我能问问从纽约飞到吉隆坡 |
[08:31] | from New York to Kuala Lumpur? | 要用多长时间吗 |
[08:33] | It’s about a day. | 大概要用一天 |
[08:35] | Well, that is quite a compelling alibi. | 真是确凿的不在场证明 |
[08:37] | Except the man in that video is not Ian Gale. | 只不过录像里的人不是伊恩·盖尔 |
[08:39] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[08:40] | You’ve hired a stand-in, a look-alike. | 你们雇了一个长得像他的替身 |
[08:42] | Politicians and tyrants have been doing it | 政治家和暴君从摄像机出现 |
[08:44] | for as long as there have been cameras,so, | 就开始这么干了 |
[08:46] | why shouldn’t CEOs join the club? | 为什么总裁不能这么干呢 |
[08:48] | A search for the make and year of the SUV | 对视频中那辆越野车的 |
[08:50] | in that video yields a vehicle height | 外观和出厂时间的搜索显示 |
[08:52] | of precisely six foot, four inches. | 它的高度是六英尺四英寸 |
[08:54] | The man who climbed into it | 爬进车里的那个人 |
[08:55] | was a good five inches shorter than the roof. | 比车顶要矮五英寸 |
[08:56] | The real Ian Gale | 真正的伊恩·盖尔 |
[08:57] | is an impressive six foot, one. | 是个身高六尺一的大个子 |
[09:00] | It’s a magnificent device. | 这确实是个神奇的设备 |
[09:01] | I would thank Mr. Gale himself if he were here, but he’s not. | 如果盖尔先生在这我会谢谢他 但他不在 |
[09:04] | Since he’s not, why don’t you tell us? | 既然他不在 为什么你不告诉我们呢 |
[09:06] | Did he murder Haley Tyler himself, | 是他自己杀了海莉·泰勒 |
[09:08] | or did the company hire someone to do that for him, too? | 还是公司雇人替他做的 |
[09:12] | This meeting is over. | 这次会面到此为止 |
[09:26] | Hello? | 你好 |
[09:27] | Good morning, Joan. It’s Mycroft. | 早上好 乔恩 我是麦考夫 |
[09:28] | Did I wake you? | 我吵到你了吗 |
[09:30] | Um… A little. Is everything okay? | 有一点 有什么事吗 |
[09:33] | Well, | 好吧 |
[09:33] | the reason I’m calling so early is, | 我这么早打电话是因为 |
[09:35] | I was wondering, is everything okay with Sherlock? | 我想知道 夏洛克没什么事吧 |
[09:37] | Why do you ask? | 为什么这么问 |
[09:39] | Well, he was supposed to meet me here | 他本来应该昨晚在饭店 |
[09:40] | at the restaurant last night. He never showed. | 跟我见面的 但他没有出现 |
[09:42] | I’ve tried his cell a few times, no answer. | 我给他打了很多次电话 都没人接 |
[09:44] | I was just a bit concerned. | 我就有点担心了 |
[09:46] | Well, we were up pretty late | 我们昨晚熬到很晚 |
[09:46] | trying to locate a missing billionaire. | 试着寻找那位失踪的亿万富翁 |
[09:48] | He was still at it when I went to bed. | 在我去睡觉时他仍然在忙这事 |
[09:50] | Did you know this is the third time he’s stood me up? | 这已经是他第三次放我鸽子了 |
[09:52] | Have you met your brother? | 你还不了解你的弟弟吗 |
[09:54] | Well, this is my last available night before I go, | 这是我回去前最后一个有空的晚上了 |
[09:57] | so, if you wouldn’t mind… | 所以 如果你不介意的话… |
[09:58] | I will make sure he is there. | 我会确保他去的 |
[10:02] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[10:03] | Yup. | 嗯 |
[10:06] | Oh. I take it the search for Ian Gale is still on? | 那就是还在找伊恩·盖尔的意思喽 |
[10:09] | Any progress? | 有什么进展吗 |
[10:10] | Of a sort. Establishment of facts, | 整理下思路 确定一些事实 |
[10:12] | elimination of places he is not. | 排除他不会出现的地方 |
[10:15] | He has not, for example, been seen at his office or any | 比如说 他已经有大概六周没有 |
[10:17] | of his known residences for perhaps as long as six weeks. | 在他的办公室或其它住所被见过了 |
[10:21] | I also reviewed other, | 我也排查了其它 |
[10:22] | ostensible public appearances of his | 他在国外时可能被公众 |
[10:23] | during his trip abroad, and I have confirmed | 见到的场合 我已经确定 |
[10:27] | it was the stand-in every time. | 每次出现的都是替身 |
[10:29] | Whatever events precipitated Miss Tyler’s death, | 不管是什么促成了泰勒小姐的死亡 |
[10:31] | it seems that Ian Gale and his company | 看起来伊恩·盖尔和他的公司 |
[10:33] | have been preparing for some time. | 已经准备了一段时间了 |
[10:35] | I still don’t get it. | 我还是不明白 |
[10:36] | I mean, why would one of the biggest corporations | 为什么世界上最大的公司之一 |
[10:37] | on the planet help its CEO commit and cover up a murder? | 会帮助它的总裁掩盖谋杀呢 |
[10:41] | Well, I’ll wager that the answer | 我打赌事情的答案 |
[10:42] | will ultimately boil down to “Money.” | 最终会归结于”金钱” |
[10:46] | In the meantime, I’ve found cause for optimism | 同时 我找到了乐观地认为 |
[10:47] | that Gale might still be in New York. | 盖尔可能还在纽约的原因 |
[10:49] | His private jet came straight back here | 他的私人飞机在把冒牌货送到马来西亚 |
[10:51] | after depositing the imposter in Malaysia. | 以后就直接回到了这里 |
[10:54] | Hasn’t been used since. | 然后再也没被使用过 |
[10:56] | I put out feelers to some of my contacts | 我已经让我在纽约最好酒店的 |
[10:57] | at New York’s finest hotels. | 耳目们留意了 |
[10:59] | I’ve also advised the police to surveil the homes | 我也建议警方去调查一下 |
[11:01] | of some of his closest friends. Any luck, | 他那些密友的家 运气好的话 |
[11:04] | we’ll be able to pose those questions to the man himself. | 我们可以直接问他那些问题了 |
[11:07] | You didn’t tell me that you were | 你没告诉我你昨晚本来 |
[11:08] | supposed to have dinner with Mycroft last night. | 应该和麦考夫吃晚饭的 |
[11:11] | – Was I supposed to? – Well, he called me this morning– | -我和他有约吗 -他今早打给我 |
[11:12] | he was worried about you. | 他很担心你 |
[11:13] | He wants to try again tonight. | 他今晚还会等你 |
[11:15] | Well, if we manage to bring Haley Tyler’s killer to justice today, | 如果我们今天能将海莉·泰勒的凶手 |
[11:17] | then I’ll be more than happy to accommodate him. | 绳之以法 那我会很高兴地去见他 |
[11:20] | And if we don’t, just try | 如果我们不能的话 试着 |
[11:21] | and remember that you have a partner now. | 记得你现在有一位搭档了 |
[11:23] | So, I can still | 所以 我可以 |
[11:24] | work the case while you have dinner, right? | 在你晚餐的时候跟进这个案子 对吧 |
[11:28] | Unfortunately, the balancing act which you prescribe | 不幸的是 你规定的平衡法则 |
[11:31] | may prove unnecessary– it seems that | 可能是没必要的 看起来 |
[11:33] | finding Ian Gale may not be as challenging as I had thought. | 找到伊恩·盖尔好像没我想的那么难 |
[11:37] | The entire floor of this hotel | 在过去的一个月里这家酒店的 |
[11:39] | has been booked solid for the past month | 一整层都被预定在 |
[11:41] | under the name Frank Beaufort. | 弗兰克·博福特的名下 |
[11:43] | It’s a rather sloppy alias, if you ask me. | 要我说的话 这是个很少见的化名 |
[11:46] | Sir Francis Beaufort was a 19th-century | 弗朗西斯·博福特爵士是十九世纪的一位 |
[11:49] | Irish naval officer who devised the system | 爱尔兰海军长官 他设计了我们 |
[11:51] | by which we measure wind speeds at sea. | 用来在海上测风速的系统 |
[11:54] | – Including “Gale force”? – Hmm. | -包括”盖尔力量[烈风]”吗 -嗯 |
[11:56] | Unless I’m off my mark, | 除非我判断失误 |
[11:58] | Mr. Gale has reserved the floor to himself | 不然就是盖尔先生自己预订了这一层 |
[12:00] | to avoid prying eyes. | 来躲避公众 |
[12:02] | And what makes you think he’s just gonna | 那你为什么认为他会乖乖 |
[12:04] | open his door for us? | 开门见我们呢 |
[12:10] | One keycard to access every room | 这张门卡可以进入那层的 |
[12:12] | on the aforementioned floor, courtesy of my contact here. | 每一个房间 感谢我在这儿的耳目 |
[12:19] | – Do I even want to know? – He’s a chef in the hotel restaurant. | -我需要知道那个吗 -他是酒店的厨师 |
[12:22] | He has rather exotic tastes. | 他的手艺很有异国风情 |
[12:24] | The package contains half a pound of Swedish moose cheese, | 他的菜单包括半磅的瑞典麋鹿芝士 |
[12:26] | one of the rarest and most expensive cheeses in the world, | 世界上最稀有和昂贵的芝士之一 |
[12:29] | produced only three times a year by a single farm | 只在西博滕镇的一家农场里 |
[12:31] | in the county of Vasterbotten. | 一年生产三次 |
[12:33] | I did the owners a favor once, and they keep me in fresh supply. | 我曾帮过老板 所以他们给我新鲜的芝士 |
[12:37] | This is one of those “so many questions” moments. | 这是那些”想问好多问题”的时刻之一 |
[12:40] | – Why only three times a year? – Well, I’m not sure. | -为什么一年只有三次 -我不确定 |
[12:43] | Having never milked a moose, | 从来没给麋鹿挤过奶 |
[12:44] | I imagine one must catch it in the right mood. | 我猜只有在它心情好时才行 |
[12:51] | I don’t know how you got up here, | 我不知道你们是怎么上来的 |
[12:53] | but this is a private floor. | 但这里是私人楼层 |
[12:55] | Yeah, it’s a bit too private, actually. | 对 事实上有点过于私人了 |
[12:57] | Sherlock Holmes. Joan Watson. | 我是夏洛克·福尔摩斯 这位是乔恩·华生 |
[12:58] | We’re consulting detectives. Hotel security asked us | 我们是咨询侦探 酒店保安让我们 |
[13:00] | to come upstairs, have a look around. | 上来到处看一看 |
[13:02] | Hotel security did not send you. | 酒店保安没有派你们来 |
[13:04] | Thank you for confirming that you are not them. | 谢谢你确认你们不是酒店保安 |
[13:07] | You’re in the private employ of | 你们受雇于伊恩·盖尔 |
[13:08] | Ian Gale or his company, are you not? | 或者他的公司 对吧 |
[13:10] | Well, you might not know this, so I consider it only fair | 你们可能还不知道 所以我觉得还是 |
[13:13] | to inform you that you’re protecting a suspected murderer. | 让你们知道你们是在保护谋杀嫌疑人公平些 |
[13:15] | If you continue to protect him by the time the police arrive, | 如果在警察来的时候你们还在保护他 |
[13:18] | you will in all likelihood be charged with obstruction. | 你们就很有可能被起诉妨碍司法 |
[13:20] | – You say your name was Holmes? – I did. | -你说你叫福尔摩斯 -是的 |
[13:38] | Mr. Holmes, | 福尔摩斯先生 |
[13:39] | Miss Watson, come in. | 华生小姐 请进 |
[13:55] | This is my wife, Natalie. | 这位是我妻子 娜塔莉 |
[13:58] | My attorneys made me aware of your… | 我的律师跟我说了你们的… |
[14:01] | inquiries. | 调查 |
[14:03] | You’ve got it all wrong. | 你们全弄错了 |
[14:05] | I’m not hiding because I committed some crime. | 我藏起来不是因为犯了罪 |
[14:09] | I’m hiding because I’m… | 我藏起来是因为 |
[14:11] | under the weather. | 我身体不好 |
[14:13] | This is why your company sent a decoy to Malaysia– | 所以公司才派人假扮你出现在马来西亚 |
[14:16] | word of your condition would cause shareholder panic. | 你身体不好的消息传出去会造成股东惊慌 |
[14:19] | Stocks would plummet. | 股票会大跌 |
[14:21] | The board needed time to prepare a transition. | 董事会需要时间转移权利 |
[14:24] | And your relationship to Haley Tyler? | 你跟海莉·泰勒是什么关系 |
[14:27] | Also not what you think. | 也不是你们想的那样 |
[14:30] | She wasn’t my mistress. | 她不是我的情人 |
[14:33] | She was my daughter. | 她是我女儿 |
[14:45] | Are you saying you’re in need of a heart transplant? | 你是说你需要心脏移植 |
[14:47] | It saying he already had one about a month ago. | 这写着他一个月前已经做过心脏移植 |
[14:49] | but his body is rejecting the new heart. According to this, | 但他的身体排斥新心脏 根据记录显示 |
[14:51] | everything was going fine for the first couple of weeks, | 头几周状况良好 |
[14:53] | and then the antirejection drugs stopped working. | 但接着抗排斥药物就不起作用了 |
[14:55] | He’s on corticosteroids, cyclosporine– | 他现在使用的是皮质类固醇和环孢霉素 |
[14:58] | but… his body is producing too many antibodies. | 但他身体产生了太多抗体 |
[15:02] | There’s only so much the drugs can do. | 药物起的作用也有限 |
[15:05] | In layman’s terms, I’m, uh… | 用外行的说法就是 我… |
[15:08] | I’m too much of a fighter for my own good. | 我身体的斗志太过高昂 |
[15:11] | He is on every donor list. | 我们已经登记了所有的器官受赠名单 |
[15:14] | But there is no guarantee that another heart | 但下一个心脏能否来得及 |
[15:17] | will become available in time. | 都难保证 |
[15:20] | You also have Kell-null blood; that is very rare. | 你居然是熊猫血 太少见了 |
[15:23] | You would have needed a directed donor for blood transfusions. | 你需要一个指定供体为你输血 |
[15:26] | That’s why your daughter came in from Texas, | 所以你女儿从德克萨斯过来了 |
[15:28] | right, she had the same blood type? | 对吗 因为她和你血型一致 |
[15:29] | I read your autobiography last night. | 我昨晚读了你的自传 |
[15:31] | In it, you failed to mention that you have a daughter. | 你并没有提及你有女儿这件事 |
[15:34] | May I assume it was because she is the result of… | 我可以推断她是你的一次不检点行为 |
[15:37] | an indiscretion? | 而产生的后果吗 |
[15:39] | One-night stand… | 是我遇见娜塔莉几年前的 |
[15:42] | years before I met Natalie. | 一次一夜情 |
[15:46] | I was a bit full of myself back then. | 我那时候比较狂妄自大 |
[15:49] | It was the mid-’80s. | 那是80年代中期 |
[15:51] | Computers were… changing the world, | 电脑的出现改变了世界 |
[15:54] | and my face was on the cover of every mag… | 我出现在各种杂志 |
[15:57] | – every magazine. – You were worried | -杂志封面上 -你担心 |
[15:59] | that an illegitimate child might affect your… “Legacy.” | 一个私生子会影响你的”遗产” |
[16:03] | I paid her mother $2 million to disappear. | 我付了2百万美元 让她妈妈消失 |
[16:07] | So, fast-forward to several months ago. | 那么 快速倒带到几个月前 |
[16:10] | You find out that you need a blood donor, | 你发现自己需要一个献血者 |
[16:13] | and you realize that your estranged daughter | 然后你意识到你从未联系过的女儿 |
[16:15] | may well be a likely match, so… | 可能和你的血型相配 所以 |
[16:19] | it suddenly becomes expedient to reconcile. | 和好就变成了有利选择 |
[16:21] | Haley volunteered to donate the blood. | 海莉是自愿献血的 |
[16:24] | That’s the reason she came to New York. | 这是她来纽约的原因 |
[16:26] | I’m confused. | 我糊涂了 |
[16:26] | How did she find out he’s in need | 如果你们这么努力隐瞒他的身体状况 |
[16:28] | if you’re working so hard to keep this a secret? | 她是怎么发现他需要献血的 |
[16:32] | At what point did she even find out | 又是何时她甚至发现 |
[16:33] | that Ian Gale is her father? | 伊恩·盖尔是她的父亲了 |
[16:35] | When Ian found out that he needed a transplant, | 当伊恩发现他需要器官移植的时候 |
[16:37] | he wanted to make up for the past. | 他想要为过去做些补偿 |
[16:39] | So he wanted to bring Haley back into his life | 所以他想让海莉回到他的生活中 |
[16:43] | to have a relationship with her, | 履行他做父亲的义务 |
[16:45] | – in case… – In case it was my last chance. | -以防 -以防这最后的机会都没了 |
[16:50] | When we heard what had happened yesterday, | 当我们听到昨天发生的事时 |
[16:52] | we knew we should… we should have said something. | 我们觉得应该说点什么 |
[16:56] | Admitting your connection to Haley | 承认你与海莉的关系 |
[16:58] | would mean revealing your condition. | 就意味着暴露你现在的状况 |
[17:02] | I’m ashamed. | 我很羞愧 |
[17:03] | But now… | 但现在 |
[17:04] | I don’t care how it affects the company. | 我不在乎公司会不会受影响 |
[17:08] | I’ll give you any help you want. | 我会全力帮助你 |
[17:11] | Just find the person that killed my daughter. | 请抓到杀害我女儿的凶手 |
[17:16] | Well, thanks to you two, the Gales are cooperating fully. | 多亏你们两个 盖尔集团答应全力配合 |
[17:19] | They got any and all of their people | 他们调出了在过去几天 |
[17:21] | that were in Haley Tyler’s apartment the last few days | 所有进入过海莉·泰勒公寓的人的名单 |
[17:23] | to provide elimination prints. | 进行指纹排除 |
[17:25] | Any of the prints remain unspoken for? | 有没比对上的指纹吗 |
[17:28] | So far, just one set, | 到目前为止 只有一对 |
[17:30] | and it isn’t in our system, either. | 但也不在我们的系统中 |
[17:32] | We got the Feds checking their database, | 我们让联调局检查一下他们的数据库 |
[17:34] | but it might take a while to get some answers. | 但可能要花点时间才能有结果 |
[17:36] | Well, the killer’s probably gonna turn out to be | 凶手应该是海莉 |
[17:38] | someone that Haley knew, right? | 认识的人 对吧 |
[17:40] | I mean, there were no signs of a break-in. | 我是说 现场没有闯入的痕迹 |
[17:41] | I’ll let you know if anything turns up. | 有消息随时通知你们 |
[17:46] | Dr. Hawes from the morgue. | 太平间霍斯医生的短信 |
[17:48] | I asked him to notify us when he finished examining Haley Tyler. | 我让他尸检完就通知我们一声 |
[17:51] | He says there doesn’t appear to be anything out of the ordinary, | 他说没什么反常的地方 |
[17:53] | but we might as well see for ourselves. | 但我们还是自己看看比较好 |
[17:54] | You want to go to the morgue? | 你要去太平间吗 |
[17:55] | Is that a problem? | 有问题吗 |
[17:56] | You were supposed to meet Mycroft at Diogenes. | 你不是应该去第欧根尼见麦考夫吗 |
[17:58] | – I’m working. – So take a break. | -我在工作 -那就休息一下啊 |
[18:00] | – A break? – It’s the last night he can do it. | -休息 -他只有今晚有时间 |
[18:02] | He may not be back for a while. | 然后有一段时间他都不会再回来 |
[18:03] | – We should be so lucky. – Just go. | -那是我们的幸运 -你就去吧 |
[18:05] | Okay, I will go to the morgue. | 我会去太平间 |
[18:06] | I will call you if I find anything. | 如果有发现我会打给你的 |
[18:08] | Partner, remember? I can cover for you. | 我们是搭档吧 这些我能帮你做 |
[18:15] | You must by now be aware of my opinions regarding food. | 你应该记得我对食物的看法吧 |
[18:17] | My wants in life are simple: | 我的生活所需非常简单 |
[18:19] | a loaf of bread and a clean collar. | 一条面包和干净的衣领 |
[18:20] | The ritualization- slash-fetishization of eating | 将饮食仪式化或者恋物化 |
[18:23] | is as egregious a waste of time as I can think of. | 对我来说是时间上的巨大浪费 |
[18:26] | Well, I’ll try and remember that while I’m enjoying my dinner. | 在我享受晚餐时我会试着记住你的看法 |
[18:34] | I see here that you ruled a stab wound as the official cause of death. | 我看到你说刺伤是死亡原因 |
[18:37] | The knife severed the abdominal aorta. | 那一刀切断了腹部主动脉 |
[18:39] | She’d have bled to death internally in a matter of seconds, | 只要几秒钟她就会因内出血而死 |
[18:42] | whether she fell from the terrace or not. | 不管她有没有从阳台掉下来 |
[18:44] | So Sherlock was probably right– | 所以夏洛克很可能是对的 |
[18:45] | the fall was not part of the plan. | 坠楼并非计划的一部分 |
[18:47] | Killer knew right where to put the knife, though. | 但是杀手很清楚把刀往哪里捅 |
[18:50] | Single entry, avoided the rib cage, | 一刀毙命 避开了肋骨 |
[18:52] | killed her fast. | 干净利落 |
[18:53] | You think it was someone with a medical background? | 你认为杀手有医学背景吗 |
[18:55] | The alternative’s dumb luck. | 否则就是纯属碰巧了 |
[18:57] | But, hey, dumb luck happens sometimes. | 不过碰巧的事也不少见 |
[19:05] | Didn’t know you were gonna be here. | 我不知道你也在这儿 |
[19:07] | This is Maureen Tyler, | 这位是莫林·泰勒 |
[19:08] | Haley’s mom. This is Joan Watson. | 海莉的妈妈 这位是乔恩·华生 |
[19:10] | She consults for the NYPD. | 她是纽约警察局的顾问 |
[19:13] | I’m so sorry for your loss. | 很遗憾你失去了亲人 |
[19:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[19:17] | Now, you sure you want to do this? | 你确定要这么做吗 |
[19:31] | Would you believe the last conversation | 你们相信吗 我最后一次跟她说话 |
[19:34] | I had with her was an argument? | 竟然是跟她吵架 |
[19:42] | Is that when she found out that Ian was her father? | 是在她发现伊恩是她父亲的时候吗 |
[19:49] | She was upset. | 她很郁闷 |
[19:53] | Mostly with me. | 主要是因为我 |
[19:57] | Ian didn’t care about her until… | 伊恩没有关心过她 直到… |
[20:00] | he realized he needed her. | 他发现自己需要她 |
[20:03] | I take it you didn’t want her helping him. | 那你是不想让她帮他吗 |
[20:06] | I didn’t try to stop her from giving blood. | 我并不打算阻止她献血 |
[20:09] | I didn’t hate him that much. | 我还没有那么恨他 |
[20:11] | I just didn’t think she should come to New York. | 我只是不想让她来纽约 |
[20:15] | I knew it would end badly. | 我知道一定不会有好结果的 |
[20:19] | Mrs. Tyler… | 泰勒太太 |
[20:21] | I promise you, we’re gonna do everything in our power | 我向你保证 我们一定竭尽全力 |
[20:24] | to find the person who did this to her. | 找出对她做了这种事的人 |
[20:26] | You don’t have to look very far. | 你们不必到处找 |
[20:30] | I know exactly who killed her. | 我知道是谁杀了她 |
[20:37] | Now, tell me that wasn’t more satisfying | 这难道不比拿棍子比试一场 |
[20:39] | than a bout of singlestick. | 更让人满足吗 |
[20:41] | Just because I tend to forego epicurean pleasures, | 虽然我愿意放弃享乐 |
[20:43] | it doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate them. | 但并不代表我不懂享乐 |
[20:46] | It was exquisite. | 可口的晚餐 |
[20:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[20:53] | Look, I know you’re keen to go back to the station, | 我知道你想赶紧回警察局 |
[20:55] | but before you do, | 但在回去之前 |
[20:57] | there was something I wanted to give you. | 我有些东西要给你 |
[21:03] | The keys to 221B. | 221B的钥匙 |
[21:08] | My 221B? | 我的221B吗 |
[21:09] | I had my things moved while I was here in New York. | 我来纽约的时候把我的东西搬走了 |
[21:12] | Found a little place in Kensington. | 在肯辛顿找了个小房子 |
[21:14] | And besides, it was never anything more than your home. | 而且 那里一直都更像是你的家 |
[21:17] | You belong there, not me. | 你属于那里 我不属于 |
[21:19] | Well, I appreciate the gesture, | 谢谢你的好意 |
[21:22] | but I live here now. | 但现在我生活在这里了 |
[21:24] | Permanently? | 永远吗 |
[21:25] | I haven’t decided. | 我还没决定 |
[21:28] | Mmm, does that surprise you? | 怎么 让你很惊讶吗 |
[21:29] | Well, London wasn’t just your home, | 伦敦可不只是你的家 |
[21:30] | Sherlock, it was your passion. | 夏洛克 那里还是你的激情所在 |
[21:32] | Well, I have many passions. | 我有很多种激情 |
[21:34] | Work being first amongst them. | 工作是其中最重要的 |
[21:36] | And speaking of work… | 说到工作 |
[21:38] | Look, I-I didn’t want to get into this, | 我本来不想把话说到这一步 |
[21:40] | but it seems I have no choice. | 但是看来我别无选择 |
[21:41] | I… I spoke with Father a couple of nights ago. | 几天前 我跟父亲谈了一次 |
[21:44] | He’s quite… | 他对于你… |
[21:46] | perturbed you’re still living here. | 还在这里感到非常恼火 |
[21:49] | – What? – I know he wasn’t the most demonstrative, | -什么 -我知道他不善于表达情感 |
[21:52] | but he was quite proud of the work you did at Scotland Yard, | 但是他对你在苏格兰场的工作感到很骄傲 |
[21:55] | and he’d imagined that once you completed your rehabilitation, | 他认为一旦你完全康复之后 |
[21:58] | you’d return to England, | 你会回到英国 |
[21:59] | maybe even show a little… gratitude. | 甚至可能怀有一点 感激 |
[22:02] | Early-onset dementia is so sad. | 早发型老年痴呆真是可怜 |
[22:04] | Look, I know you two have had your problems, | 我知道你们俩之间有不少问题 |
[22:06] | but he’s been good to you these past few years, Sherlock– | 但他这些年对你不错 夏洛克 |
[22:08] | he literally picked you up off the street. | 他把你从街上捡回去 |
[22:10] | He got you clean. He paired you with Joan. | 让你戒了瘾 给你找来了乔恩 |
[22:12] | He helped me because he was embarrassed by what I’d become. | 他帮我是因为我那时候让他丢脸了 |
[22:15] | Well, whatever his reasons, he’s grown unhappy. | 不管他有什么理由 他现在开始不满了 |
[22:19] | I’m worried he’s going to cut you off. | 我担心他会断了你的生活费 |
[22:21] | He reminded me he owns the building you currently reside in. | 他提醒我说你现在住的房子是他的 |
[22:25] | He plans to evict me? | 他打算把我扫地出门吗 |
[22:26] | He also reminded me he has discretionary control over your trust fund. | 他还告诉我说他掌控着你的信托基金 |
[22:30] | I’ve only ever touched that money to pay Watson her salary. | 我只用那笔钱付过华生的薪水 |
[22:33] | It doesn’t change the fact that you are, in your own way, | 但是那改变不了事实 你在某种程度上 |
[22:35] | still dependant on him, Sherlock. | 还是得依靠他 夏洛克 |
[22:39] | Well, he can have the bloody building. | 行 那他把房子收回去吧 |
[22:40] | And the money. I’ll live in a cardboard box if I have to. | 还有钱 大不了我就去住纸板箱 |
[22:43] | This isn’t about you anymore, Sherlock. | 这已经不只是关系到你了 夏洛克 |
[22:45] | If it was, I wouldn’t have broached the subject. | 如果是那样 我根本就不会说这些话 |
[22:47] | But for the first time in your life, | 但在你人生中第一次 |
[22:49] | you’re making decisions for two people. | 你要为两个人做决定 |
[22:52] | Joan may be your partner, | 乔恩也许是你的搭档 |
[22:54] | but it’s father’s roof over her head, | 但她也在父亲的屋檐下 |
[22:56] | it’s his money that lines her pockets. | 是他在掏钱付她薪水 |
[22:59] | Now, if you want to tell him to sod off, that’s your prerogative. | 如果你想让他滚开 那是你的权利 |
[23:02] | But as someone who cares for you, and for Joan, | 但是作为关心你和乔恩的人 |
[23:04] | I beg you, think about how your decision might affect her. | 我请求你想想你的决定对她会有什么影响 |
[23:12] | We met with Haley’s mother earlier tonight. | 今晚早些时候 我们见到了海莉的母亲 |
[23:15] | She came to New York? | 她来纽约了吗 |
[23:18] | Well… I-I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised | 我觉得她没有伸出援手 |
[23:21] | she didn’t reach out. | 我不应该太惊讶 |
[23:23] | I know she was opposed to Haley coming here. | 我知道她反对海莉来这里 |
[23:25] | Well, she mentioned that shortly after Haley arrived in New York, | 她提到就在海莉来纽约之后不久 |
[23:28] | your husband changed his will to include her. | 你的丈夫更改了遗嘱 将她加了进去 |
[23:31] | We talked about it. We thought it was the right thing to do. | 我们谈过了 我们认为这是正确的 |
[23:35] | Now, Mrs. Tyler was under the impression it was a lot of money. | 在泰勒夫人的印象中 那可是一大笔钱 |
[23:38] | As in a number followed by seven zeroes. | 有八位数 |
[23:41] | That’s right. | 对的 |
[23:41] | She was also under the impression that it was money | 她还记得 钱本来 |
[23:44] | that would’ve otherwise gone to you. | 是要给你的 |
[23:47] | Yes, the will was changed, | 是的 遗嘱改了 |
[23:49] | and yes, the money allotted to Haley | 分配给海莉的钱 |
[23:51] | would technically have been mine. | 本来应该是我的 |
[23:54] | We spoke to some people at the hotel | 我们跟你和伊恩下榻的酒店 |
[23:55] | where you and Ian have been staying. | 里的人谈过了 |
[23:57] | They told us that you went out yesterday morning. | 他们告诉我们你昨天早上出去了 |
[24:00] | You left around 7:30 a.m., | 你在早上七点半左右离开 |
[24:02] | and you returned around 9:30 a.m.. | 九点半左右返回 |
[24:06] | We know that Haley was killed a little after 8:00. | 我们知道海莉是在刚过八点时被杀害的 |
[24:08] | I did go out for a couple of hours yesterday. | 我昨天是出去了几个小时 |
[24:13] | I went for a walk after sitting at my husband’s bedside | 我坐在丈夫床边整整一夜了 |
[24:16] | all night long. | 就出去走动一下 |
[24:18] | I left my phone | 我没带手机 |
[24:20] | and I went to the park and I sat on a bench. | 我去了公园 坐在一把长椅上 |
[24:23] | And no one can confirm your story? | 没人能证明你的故事吗 |
[24:25] | It’s not a story. | 这不是故事 |
[24:27] | I noticed your ease with medical terms when we met yesterday. | 昨天见面时我注意到你很熟悉医学词汇 |
[24:30] | I assumed you picked it up from being around all those doctors, | 我假设你是从身边的医生们那里学到的 |
[24:33] | but then I checked — you were a doctor yourself, weren’t you? | 不过之后我查了 你以前就是医生 对吗 |
[24:37] | A pediatric surgeon. | 小儿外科医生 |
[24:38] | You retired a few years ago. | 你在几年前退休了 |
[24:40] | – So? – So, whoever killed Haley | -所以呢 -所以杀了海莉的人 |
[24:42] | knew exactly where to find her abdominal aorta. | 准确地知道她的腹部主动脉在哪里 |
[24:45] | There was a precision to the attack that one might call surgical. | 这次袭击的精确度足以被称为外科手术 |
[24:51] | Okay, a couple of things. | 好吧 让我说两句 |
[24:53] | I am going to call my attorney. | 我要给我的律师打电话 |
[24:55] | In fact, I am going to call all of my attorneys. | 事实上 我要给我所有的律师打电话 |
[24:58] | Not because I think I need their help, | 不是因为我需要他们的帮助 |
[25:00] | but because I want them to be ready | 而是要让他们准备好 |
[25:02] | to bring a lawsuit against this department | 如果你公开以上任何指控的话 |
[25:03] | if you take any of these accusations public. | 我就对当局提起法律诉讼 |
[25:06] | You are positing that I killed Haley | 你断定是我杀害了海莉 |
[25:10] | because she was assigned a portion of my inheritance. | 因为属于我的一部分遗产分给她了 |
[25:13] | There is just one problem. | 只是有一个问题 |
[25:15] | Giving her that 20% was my idea. | 把那20%给她可是我的主意 |
[25:19] | I love my husband. | 我爱我的丈夫 |
[25:21] | He was too proud to reach out to Haley at first, | 他太高傲了 起初不愿向海莉求助 |
[25:24] | and so I convinced him. | 所以我说服了他 |
[25:25] | So if all I cared about was the will, | 如果我关心的只是遗嘱 |
[25:27] | why would I have done that? | 我为什么还要这么做 |
[25:28] | Why wouldn’t I have just let it alone | 为什么我没有撒手不管 |
[25:30] | and let Ian take his chances? | 让伊恩自生自灭 |
[25:31] | I’m assuming your husband can verify all this? | 你的丈夫可以证实这些吗 |
[25:34] | He can. | 他可以的 |
[25:35] | He can also verify that there is language in the will | 他也可以证实遗嘱中有写明 |
[25:39] | that guarantees Haley’s share goes to her mother | 如果海莉在她母亲之前去世 |
[25:43] | in the event that she predeceases her. | 她的那份遗产将由她母亲继承 |
[25:46] | Haley’s death didn’t change anything for me. | 海莉的死对我毫无影响 |
[25:50] | Maureen might have been able to tell you that | 莫林也许可以告诉你们的 |
[25:54] | if she had supported Haley’s decision | 如果她当初是支持 |
[25:57] | instead of condemning it. | 而不是谴责海莉的决定 |
[26:14] | I’d sooner die. | 我宁愿死 |
[26:15] | So, it’s official. | 这是正式的了 |
[26:16] | The Gales are no longer cooperating with the NYPD. | 盖尔集团将不再与纽约警署合作 |
[26:20] | They gave a copy of Ian’s will to Captain Gregson | 他们把伊恩遗嘱的复印件给了格雷森警监 |
[26:23] | and it confirmed everything that Natalie said last night. | 里面证实了娜塔莉昨晚说的所有事情 |
[26:26] | Okay, so now you can say it. | 你现在可以说出来了 |
[26:28] | – Say what? – I blew it. | -说什么 -我搞砸了 |
[26:30] | You confronted a suspect | 你与嫌疑人对质 |
[26:31] | who had strong answers to your questions. | 她强有力地回答了你的问题 |
[26:34] | Doesn’t mean you were wrong about her. | 这不意味着你就是错的 |
[26:36] | Natalie Gale had no motive to want Haley dead. | 娜塔莉·盖尔没有杀害海莉的动机 |
[26:39] | Haley wasn’t even in their lives | 直到她把海莉带到这里之前 |
[26:41] | until she brought her here. | 她和他们都没有交集 |
[26:43] | Why would Natalie incite a reunion, | 为什么娜塔莉要极力促成团圆 |
[26:44] | tell Ian to put her in the will | 告诉伊恩将她写在遗嘱内 |
[26:46] | only to turn around and kill her? | 只是为了转身杀掉她吗 |
[26:51] | Detective, I hear it was a discouraging morning. | 警探 我听说这是一个令人沮丧的早晨 |
[26:53] | Yeah, I’ve had better. | 是很糟糕 |
[26:55] | But it’s looking up. | 不过情况有所好转 |
[26:57] | Finally got a match on the one set of prints | 终于找到与海莉·泰勒公寓里 |
[26:59] | in Haley Tyler’s apartment we couldn’t identify. | 那份无法辨别的指纹相符的记录了 |
[27:02] | Ray McKibben of Mineral Wells, Texas. | 德克萨斯州矿泉井的雷·麦吉本 |
[27:04] | Has an outstanding warrant for assault in El Paso. | 他在艾尔帕索有一份未执行的通缉令 |
[27:07] | I just sent you his sheet. | 我刚给你发了他的传单 |
[27:09] | Now, I ran the name past Haley’s mother. | 我向海莉的母亲提及了这个名字 |
[27:11] | She said Ray was Haley’s on-again, off-again boyfriend. | 她说雷是海莉分分合合的男友 |
[27:14] | She had no idea he was in New York. | 她不知道他在纽约 |
[27:16] | Far as she knew, they’d split up. | 据她所知 他们分手了 |
[27:18] | The cops in Mineral Wells are checking with his usual running buddies, | 矿泉井的警察正在调查他的狐朋狗友 |
[27:21] | but he hasn’t turned up yet. | 但是他还没有现身 |
[27:23] | Maybe he’s still in New York? | 也许他还在纽约 |
[27:24] | I put a BOLO out on the guy. | 我已发出全国通缉令追捕他 |
[27:27] | I’ll let you know if we get any hits. | 一有消息我就告诉你 |
[27:29] | When Haley found out she was a billionaire’s daughter, | 我猜当海莉发现她是亿万富翁的女儿时 |
[27:32] | I’m guessing Mr. On-Again/Off-Again | 她那分分合合的男友 |
[27:33] | would’ve been a lot more on again. | 会想跟她再次和好的 |
[27:35] | Obviously he joined her here. | 很明显 他来这里找她了 |
[27:37] | Too bad the only thing we know is where he isn’t. | 太糟糕了 我们知道的只有他不在哪里 |
[27:40] | Well, that’s not true. | 其实不然 |
[27:42] | We also know where he’s been. | 我们还知道他去过哪里 |
[27:45] | I’m not seeing any signs that Ray spent a lot of time here. | 我看不出任何雷在这里待过很久的迹象 |
[27:49] | We know that Haley had not told her mother | 我们知道海莉还没告诉她的母亲 |
[27:51] | she’d reconnected with a violent offender, | 她与一个暴力的罪犯和好了 |
[27:53] | so it’s quite possible she was keeping his presence | 所以有可能 |
[27:57] | a secret from the Gales as well. | 她也向盖尔隐瞒了他的出现 |
[28:02] | So, how was your dinner with Mycroft last night? | 昨晚你与麦考夫的晚餐如何啊 |
[28:06] | What if I told you | 如果我告诉你 |
[28:07] | we could no longer reside in the Brownstone? | 我们不能再住在褐石屋了会怎样 |
[28:09] | – What? – And what if I told you that in order to pay your salary, | -什么 -如果我告诉你为了付你工资 |
[28:12] | we’d need to take on more cases that actually paid? | 我们得接一些能挣钱的案子会怎样 |
[28:15] | Where is this coming from? | 这从何说起 |
[28:16] | My father. | 我父亲 |
[28:18] | Mycroft tells me he is displeased | 麦考夫跟我说他不太高兴 |
[28:20] | and he wants me back in London. | 而且他想让我回伦敦 |
[28:22] | Why does he want you back in London? | 他为什么想让你回伦敦 |
[28:24] | I don’t think he does. | 我觉得他不想 |
[28:26] | Not really. | 不太想 |
[28:28] | But it might take him months, if not years, | 但是他恐怕得用几个月甚至几年 |
[28:30] | before he realizes that. | 才能意识到这一点 |
[28:33] | The man is as mercurial a character | 你从没见过像他这样 |
[28:35] | as you will ever encounter. | 善变的人 |
[28:38] | Mycroft says he means to cut me off. | 麦考夫说他不会再给我钱了 |
[28:42] | I didn’t realize | 我之前不知道 |
[28:44] | that you were paying me with his money. | 你是用他的钱付我工资的 |
[28:46] | Well, I wasn’t. | 我没有 |
[28:47] | Not for a good long while. | 很长时间以来都没有 |
[28:49] | But over the last few months, I’ve been compelled | 但是过去的这几个月 我被迫 |
[28:50] | to dip into a fund that he maintains. | 动用了他管理的一个基金 |
[28:54] | Haven’t taken on a paying client in quite some time. | 我已经很久没接过付钱的客户了 |
[28:57] | I’ve been approached on numerous occasions, | 当然 很多人找过我 |
[28:58] | of course, but… | 不过 |
[29:00] | the interest has never been mutual. | 我从来没有从中获利 |
[29:02] | I prefer the work we come by through the NYPD, | 我喜欢跟纽约警局的人一起工作 |
[29:05] | as I believe do you. | 我相信你也是 |
[29:09] | There is, as there so often is when dealing with the devil, | 跟坏人打交道的时候 总会有 |
[29:14] | an alternative. | 别的选择 |
[29:17] | We both move to London. | 我们一起去伦敦吧 |
[29:21] | What are you saying? | 你说什么 |
[29:22] | I told Mycroft I made certain promises to you | 我跟麦考夫说 在咱俩搭档的时候 |
[29:25] | when I took you on as my partner. | 我对你许下过承诺 |
[29:26] | I made it very clear I would not break those promises. | 我说得很明白我不能言而无信 |
[29:28] | He said that it was his strong suspicion that father | 他说父亲很有可能会在伦敦 |
[29:31] | would continue to gift us his support in London. | 继续为我们的工作提供经济支持 |
[29:34] | We would in all likelihood take on work at Scotland Yard. | 所以我们在苏格兰场可以像现在一样工作 |
[29:37] | You could continue, if not maybe, | 或许 你还可以继续 |
[29:39] | complete your education there. | 在那完成你的学业 |
[29:41] | Is that what you want? | 这是你想要的结果吗 |
[29:42] | What I want is irrelevant. | 我想要什么没关系 |
[29:43] | Pretty sure it’s not. | 很有关系 |
[29:49] | I was very pleased to return to London a few months ago. | 我在几个月前很想回伦敦 |
[29:53] | Not just because it is unquestionably | 不仅因为伦敦是世界上 |
[29:55] | the greatest and most cultured city on the planet, | 最伟大 最有文化气息的城市 |
[29:58] | but because it made me appreciate what I have here. | 而且因为它让我感恩我在这里所拥有的 |
[30:02] | I’ve got a support system– | 有很多人帮助我 |
[30:04] | you… | 你 |
[30:05] | Captain Gregson. | 格雷森警监 |
[30:06] | Even Detective Bell. | 甚至是贝尔警探 |
[30:10] | I feel that I have thrived here, not because of who I am, | 我觉得在这里很好 不是因为我是谁 |
[30:13] | but because of who I have come to know. | 而是因为我成为了一个怎样的人 |
[30:20] | I don’t really wish to give that up | 在我准备好之前 我不想 |
[30:22] | until I’m ready. | 放弃这一切 |
[30:27] | Your turn. | 该你说了 |
[30:36] | I’ve never met your father, not face-to-face. | 我从来没有面对面见过你父亲 |
[30:39] | All I know is that he got you help when you needed it. | 我只知道他在你需要帮助的时候帮了你 |
[30:44] | But screw him. | 但是管他的呢 |
[30:46] | We can find a new place to live. | 我们可以找到一个新的住处 |
[31:00] | Do you think the TV is going to tell us | 你觉得电视会告诉我们 |
[31:02] | – how to find Ray McKibben? – TV? No, no. | -怎么找到雷·麦吉本吗 -电视 不 |
[31:04] | The DVR, on the other hand… | 但是数字视频录像机可以 |
[31:07] | Televisions are idiot boxes. | 电视机就是个傻乎乎的盒子 |
[31:10] | DVRs are idiots’ helpers. | 录像机是傻子的帮手 |
[31:11] | We are the idiots. | 而我们就是傻子 |
[31:13] | We quite willingly give them a part of ourselves, | 我们十分乐意把我们的情况告诉它们 |
[31:16] | we teach them our tastes, our preferences, | 我们的品味 我们的喜好 |
[31:18] | just so that they will know which programs to record. | 这样它们就知道该录些什么节目了 |
[31:20] | Never once stopping to consider the fact | 但从没人想到过 |
[31:22] | that our selections can be used to profile us. | 我们的选择可以反映出我们的情况 |
[31:25] | And how is Haley’s profile going to… | 海莉的情况怎么能帮助我们 |
[31:27] | Someone programmed this DVR | 有人设置了这台录像机 |
[31:28] | to record a series about horse racing | 录了很多赛马的节目 |
[31:30] | called The Winner’s Circle. | 叫”冠军圈” |
[31:33] | The episodes have been piling up | 自从海莉被谋杀后 |
[31:35] | since the day Haley was murdered. | 这些剧集都没人看过 |
[31:36] | And yet all of her cosmetics, all of them, | 但她所有的化妆品 |
[31:39] | are cruelty-free. | 都是无刺激性的 |
[31:41] | Seems a little incongruous, don’t you think, | 似乎有点不协调 你不觉得吗 |
[31:43] | someone with such principled buying habits | 一个有严格购买习惯的人 |
[31:45] | would favor a sport known for its harsh treatment of animals? | 会喜欢对待动物很残酷的节目吗 |
[31:48] | So you think Ray is the one who’s been watching these shows? | 所以你觉得是雷在看这些节目 |
[31:51] | According to the program’s description, The Winner’s Circle | 根据这个节目的介绍 冠军圈 |
[31:53] | caters to the betting man via in-depth analysis | 适合那些喜欢对即将到来的比赛 |
[31:55] | of upcoming races. | 做深层分析的赌徒观众 |
[31:57] | Four days ago,someone set the DVR | 四天前 有人设置了录像机 |
[31:59] | to record the Thoroughbred Cup Challenge | 来录”纯种马杯挑战赛” |
[32:01] | 2:00 P.M. Today. | 今天下午两点开始 |
[32:04] | Given Mr. McKibben’s arrest warrants, | 鉴于麦吉本先生的逮捕令已经发出了 |
[32:06] | I think it highly unlikely that he would be willing | 我想他肯定不会愿意 |
[32:07] | to enter the personal information needed | 输入个人信息 |
[32:09] | to open an online betting account. | 来打开他的在线赌博账户 |
[32:13] | So, if he’s in New York and he wants to place a wager, | 所以 如果他在纽约 而且想要下注 |
[32:15] | he would have to do it in person at a track. | 他就得亲自到赛马场去 |
[32:21] | My horse finally literally comes in | 我的马终于赢了一次 |
[32:25] | and you guys arrest me. | 而你们却逮捕了我 |
[32:26] | I feel for you, Ray. I do. | 深表同情 雷 真的 |
[32:29] | You’ve had a rough week, but… | 你这一周过得不好 但是 |
[32:30] | not nearly as rough as your girlfriend. | 你的女朋友更惨 |
[32:32] | I already told you, I didn’t have anything to do with that. | 我已经说过了 我跟那事没关系 |
[32:34] | Do yourself a favor, Ray. | 就算帮你自己 雷 |
[32:35] | Tell us the truth– | 告诉我们实话 |
[32:36] | did you two have a fight? | 你俩有没有吵架 |
[32:39] | I wasn’t even there the morning she died. | 她遇害那天早上我都不在 |
[32:41] | Okay? I was out. | 好吗 我出去了 |
[32:43] | I came back, I saw the blood on the floor and Haley was gone. | 回来就看到地上的血 海莉也不在 |
[32:46] | At which point your sense of civic duty kicks in, | 这时你的内心涌出了公民义务感 |
[32:48] | you rush to the phone, you call the authorities to report | 于是拿起电话报警 |
[32:50] | that your girlfriend may have become the victim of foul play. | 说你女朋友可能是暴力犯罪的受害人 |
[32:52] | I didn’t know what happened to her; all I knew | 我不知道她出了什么事 我只知道 |
[32:53] | was that nobody was going to believe me | 如果我说不是我干的 |
[32:55] | when I said it wasn’t me. | 根本没人会信 |
[32:56] | If you weren’t in Haley’s apartment | 如果她遇害时 |
[32:58] | when she died, where were you? | 你不在公寓 那你在哪 |
[33:00] | She was sick. | 她病了 |
[33:02] | She had been for a couple of weeks. | 都有两周了 |
[33:03] | The flu… or something. | 可能是流感之类的 |
[33:05] | The night before, she ran out of medicine | 前一天晚上 她的药吃完了 |
[33:07] | so I went down to the pharmacy to get some more. | 所以我下楼去药店买药 |
[33:08] | She had the flu? | 她得流感了 |
[33:10] | Yeah, her body ached all over. | 是的 她浑身都疼 |
[33:12] | She was burning up, like 102. | 都快烧到39度了 |
[33:15] | And you said she had been like that for two weeks? | 你说她这样都两周了 |
[33:18] | That’s when it started, yeah. | 是啊 |
[33:20] | At first it was just, you know, fatigue, | 起初只是疲劳 |
[33:24] | but then, a couple of days ago, | 但几天后 |
[33:25] | she started having trouble keeping food down | 她就食不下咽 |
[33:26] | and her fever got really bad. | 还发高烧 |
[33:28] | I’m guessing you can give us | 你可以告诉我们 |
[33:30] | the address of this pharmacy. | 药店的地址吧 |
[33:32] | Eighth Street and Kent. | 第八大街和肯特街的路口 |
[33:34] | They got to have cameras, right? | 药店有摄像头的 对吧 |
[33:37] | Check ’em, you’ll see I’m telling the truth. | 你们去查 就会知道我说的是实话 |
[33:40] | I wasn’t anywhere near Haley when she got killed. | 海莉遇害时我根本不在 |
[33:52] | You gonna make me ask? | 你要让我问出口吗 |
[33:54] | Miss Tyler’s alleged flu– it troubles you. | 泰勒女士所谓的流感 让你很疑惑 |
[33:57] | When I looked at Ian Gale’s medical file the other day, | 我那天查伊恩·盖尔的病历时 |
[34:00] | I saw that Haley donated blood just over a week ago, | 看到海莉一周前才献过血 |
[34:03] | but if she had a flu or was fighting an infection, | 但如果她得了流感或其他传染病 |
[34:06] | she wouldn’t have been allowed. | 她应该没法献血的 |
[34:07] | She may not have mentioned it. | 也许她隐瞒了病情呢 |
[34:09] | No, if she was as sick as Ray said she was, | 不 如果她像雷说的病得那么厉害 |
[34:11] | someone would have noticed. | 肯定有人会注意到的 |
[34:12] | Well, not everyone is as observant as you and I. | 并非每个人都跟你我一样善于观察 |
[34:16] | But, given our strongest suspect | 但鉴于我们最可疑的嫌犯 |
[34:17] | may have just alibied himself, | 也许提供了确凿的不在场证明 |
[34:19] | I think it warrants further investigation. | 这案子应该还要继续查下去 |
[34:23] | Yeah, you were right. | 没错 |
[34:25] | Miss Tyler donated one unit exactly eight days ago. | 泰勒女士八天前献了一单位的血 |
[34:28] | Was there any mention of her having the flu? | 记录中提到她得流感了吗 |
[34:31] | No. | 没有 |
[34:32] | Would it be possible for me to speak | 能让我跟采血的人 |
[34:34] | to the person who actually took her blood? | 直接对话吗 |
[34:36] | Actually you are. | 我就是 |
[34:38] | And she didn’t seem sick to you? | 你觉得她没病吗 |
[34:40] | She was fine. | 她挺健康的 |
[34:42] | Even joked with me about “topping off” the bag. | 还跟我开玩笑”手动装满”血袋 |
[34:45] | She was a sweet kid. | 真是个好孩子 |
[34:48] | So, according to the lab tech that took Haley’s blood, | 据采血的那位实验室技术员所说 |
[34:51] | she was in the pink of health, | 海莉当时很健康 |
[34:52] | but as we know, | 但我们已经知道 |
[34:53] | Ray McKibben’s alibi checked out. | 雷·麦吉本的不在场证明没问题 |
[34:54] | He really was at that pharmacy buying flu medicine | 海莉坠下露台时 他的确在药店 |
[34:57] | when she went off the terrace. | 买流感药 |
[34:58] | I think it’s time we turned our focus back | 是时候把焦点放在你最初怀疑的人 |
[35:00] | to your original suspect, | 盖尔太太身上了 |
[35:02] | she of the flimsy alibi, Mrs. Gale. | 她的不在场证明很薄弱 |
[35:05] | I’d love to, if she had a motive to kill Haley. | 我也想 可她没有杀害海莉的动机啊 |
[35:12] | Detective. | 警探 |
[35:16] | Thank you for telling us. | 感谢告知 |
[35:19] | Ian Gale has just died. | 伊恩·盖尔刚刚去世 |
[35:23] | The company will be releasing a statement shortly. | 他们公司很快会发表声明 |
[35:28] | I think maybe we’ve been coming at this case the wrong way. | 也许我们一直都想错了这案子 |
[35:32] | What if it’s not actually about the murder of Haley Tyler? | 如果凶手的目标根本不是海莉·泰勒 |
[35:39] | What if it’s really about the murder of Ian Gale? | 而是伊恩·盖尔呢 |
[35:58] | Captain, I thought I made it clear on the phone the other day… | 警监 我那天在电话里不是都说清楚了… |
[36:00] | Yeah, you said you’d sue the department | 是啊 你说要是我们再以 |
[36:01] | if your client was subjected | 海莉·泰勒的凶杀案 |
[36:02] | to any additional harassment for Haley Tyler’s murder, | 来骚扰你的当事人 就会起诉警方 |
[36:05] | but we’re not here to talk about her murder. | 但我们不是来谈她的凶杀案的 |
[36:09] | We’re here to talk about Ian Gale’s. | 而是伊恩·盖尔的凶杀案 |
[36:13] | I had no idea until Miss Watson told me– | 直到华生小姐告诉我 |
[36:15] | the recovery rate for the procedure | 我才知道你丈夫手术的治愈率 |
[36:16] | that your husband had is around 80%. | 在80%左右 |
[36:19] | Captain, what is this about? | 警监 这是怎么回事 |
[36:20] | Ian Gale died of natural causes. | 伊恩·盖尔是自然死亡 |
[36:22] | Mrs. Gale, | 盖尔太太 |
[36:24] | is it not true | 大约十个月前 |
[36:25] | that approximately ten months ago, | 你曾短暂咨询过 |
[36:27] | you briefly engaged the services | 离婚律师 |
[36:28] | of a divorce attorney? | 这事是真的吗 |
[36:30] | You don’t have to answer that. | 你无需回答 |
[36:31] | He’s right, you don’t. | 没错 是不用回答 |
[36:33] | We already know. | 因为我们早就知道 |
[36:34] | We also know that, prior to your marriage, | 我们还知道 你们结婚前 |
[36:36] | you signed a prenuptial agreement. | 你签署了一份婚前协议 |
[36:38] | In the event of a divorce, you would walk away | 如果将来离婚 你可以拿到 |
[36:39] | with a prearranged sum of $15 million. | 事先定下的1500万美元 |
[36:43] | But then it became clear that Ian was going | 但很显然伊恩需要 |
[36:45] | to need a heart transplant, | 心脏移植 |
[36:46] | and you came up with a plan to walk away with more. | 而你就想出了一个计划能得到更多的钱 |
[36:49] | None of you are making any sense. | 你们都在胡说八道些什么 |
[36:51] | First you accuse me of hurting Haley, and now Ian. | 起初是指控我杀了海莉 现在又是伊恩 |
[36:55] | The best doctors in the world | 给他治疗的都是世界上 |
[36:56] | were caring for him. | 最好的医生 |
[36:57] | There’s no way anyone could have caused a rejected transplant. | 器官移植的排斥反应是无法人为引起的 |
[37:01] | Actually there is… | 其实是可以的 |
[37:03] | or at least there was in Ian’s case. | 至少在伊恩的案例中是可能的 |
[37:05] | First you needed to convince him to reconcile with Haley. | 首先你需要说服他重新接受海莉 |
[37:09] | I mean, you could have found | 你的确能找到 |
[37:09] | other blood donors with his rare type, | 别的与他稀有血型相匹配的捐赠者 |
[37:11] | but you needed someone you could keep close, | 但你需要一个你能接近 |
[37:14] | someone you could manipulate. | 能够操控的人 |
[37:16] | A few weeks ago, after Ian’s transplant, | 几周前 在伊恩的移植手术之后 |
[37:18] | you obtained a tissue sample | 你拿到一份他的新心脏的 |
[37:20] | of his new heart from a biopsy and injected it into Haley. | 活组织切片样本 并注入海莉体内 |
[37:23] | You told her the shot was a supplement | 你告诉她这是为输血 |
[37:24] | to help with blood donations, | 补充营养 |
[37:26] | and she believed you because you used to be a doctor. | 她也相信了你 因为你曾当过医生 |
[37:29] | Her immune system went into overdrive | 她的免疫系统超负荷运作 |
[37:31] | producing antibodies, the same antibodies | 产生抗体 正是你丈夫注入的 |
[37:34] | that your husband was being given antirejection drugs to combat. | 抗排斥药物要消灭的抗体 |
[37:37] | That’s why she was getting sick. | 所以她才身体不适 |
[37:38] | She didn’t have any flu. | 那并不是流感 |
[37:40] | Her body was fighting a foreign invader, | 她的身体在抗击一种外来物的入侵 |
[37:42] | and she wasn’t getting any help. | 而没有人给她任何帮助 |
[37:43] | You used her as an incubator | 你把她当作培养器 |
[37:45] | to cultivate a custom-made poison | 培养出了这种独家定制的毒药 |
[37:47] | for which there is no tox screen. | 且任何毒理检验都无法察觉 |
[37:50] | I was good to Haley. | 我对海莉很好 |
[37:51] | You gave Haley 20% of your inheritance, right? | 你施舍给她两成遗产 是吧 |
[37:55] | Only now we know it wasn’t out of the kindness of your heart. | 只不过现在我们知道这不是出自你的善心 |
[37:57] | It was because you needed her. | 只是因为你需要她 |
[37:59] | And because the remaining 80% was still about | 而且剩下的八成也远远超过 |
[38:01] | a hundred times more than you would have gotten in a divorce. | 你通过离婚能得到的数额 |
[38:04] | I assume you can prove all this. | 你们能证明这些吗 |
[38:06] | We’re working on that. | 我们正在搜集证据 |
[38:07] | In the meantime, we have a witness. | 但我们有目击证人 |
[38:10] | Your accomplice, Christian Suarez, | 你的同伙 克里斯蒂安·苏亚雷斯 |
[38:13] | one of the lab techs who was assisting with your husband’s care. | 他是协助照料你丈夫的一名实验室技术员 |
[38:15] | But you know that. | 但你已经知道了 |
[38:18] | We had some very pointed questions for him this morning. | 今早我们问了他几个很直接的问题 |
[38:21] | He confessed to providing you with biopsy tissue. | 他承认了提供活体组织切片样本给你 |
[38:24] | He also admitted to harvesting antibodies from Haley’s blood | 他还承认从海莉的血样中提取抗体 |
[38:28] | and injecting them into Ian. | 并注入伊恩体内 |
[38:30] | All for the tidy sum of $1 million. | 酬劳是一百万美金 |
[38:34] | When Ian’s health turned, | 当伊恩的病情急转直下时 |
[38:35] | it looked to his doctors like an overactive immune response. | 他的医生认为只是过激的免疫反应 |
[38:38] | His system was creating too many antibodies | 他的身体产生了太多抗体 |
[38:40] | and attacking the new heart. | 攻击新的心脏 |
[38:42] | You decided you had to eliminate Haley, | 你决定要除掉海莉 |
[38:45] | lest she grow so ill that someone tipped to the truth. | 以免她病情继续恶化泄露了真相 |
[38:48] | Unfortunately for you, | 不过很可惜 |
[38:50] | that murder did not go off without a hitch. | 谋杀进行得并不顺利 |
[38:52] | Mr. Suarez said that you intended to stage the scene | 苏亚雷斯先生说你想把现场伪装成 |
[38:55] | as a botched robbery, but after she went off the balcony, | 抢劫失手引起的 可她从阳台摔了下去 |
[38:58] | you had no choice but to flee. | 你别无选择只能逃走 |
[39:00] | We’re still gathering evidence. | 我们还在搜集证据 |
[39:02] | The M.E. is running new tests on Haley’s blood. | 法医正在重新检验海莉的血样 |
[39:05] | And if we find out what we think we’re gonna find out, | 如果真如我们预想的找到了证据 |
[39:09] | now is your chance to get ahead of this. | 现在是你唯一认罪求情的机会了 |
[39:29] | Cutting it a little close for the red-eye, aren’t we? | 快要赶不上你的红眼航班了吧 |
[39:33] | A few bits of business at the restaurant. | 餐厅有点事情 |
[39:35] | Changed my flight till the morning. | 我把航班改到明早了 |
[39:36] | And since you wanted to see me, I thought I’d stop by. | 反正你想见我 我就干脆过来一趟 |
[39:50] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[39:52] | It’s a letter for Father. | 给父亲的信 |
[39:56] | I’m to play messenger, am I? | 我成信使了是吧 |
[39:57] | You did for him. | 你不也替他传话了吗 |
[39:59] | He didn’t ask me to speak with you, Sherlock. | 他并没让我和你说这些 夏洛克 |
[40:01] | – I merely… – I know, and I am grateful. | -我只是… -我知道 我很感激 |
[40:09] | Part of recovery is… structure. | 想要康复就需要 构建秩序 |
[40:12] | Recognizing what is working and sticking with it. | 明白什么方法有效 然后坚持下去 |
[40:16] | What I have here with Watson… | 在这里我和华生的做法 |
[40:18] | is working. | 就很有效 |
[40:22] | There may well come a time | 也许将来有一天 |
[40:23] | when it is right for me to return to London, but, uh, | 时机成熟我该回到伦敦 |
[40:28] | it isn’t now. | 但并不是现在 |
[40:31] | So, I have composed a missive for Father’s perusal. | 所以我写了这封信给父亲 |
[40:34] | In it, I express what I consider to be an appropriate amount | 在信里我写了一个数额 我自认为足以 |
[40:36] | of gratitude for everything he’s done. | 报答他为我所做的一切 |
[40:39] | And I explain, in minute detail, | 而且我也详尽解释了 |
[40:41] | my decision to remain in New York. | 我要继续留在纽约的决定 |
[40:45] | That can’t have been easy for you. | 这对你一定不容易 |
[40:47] | It was not unlike carving the words into my very skin. | 就跟在我皮肤上纹身一样 |
[40:52] | It’s all I can offer for now. | 现在我只能给这么多 |
[40:55] | You know how capricious he can be. | 你知道父亲有多么反复无常 |
[40:58] | The chips will fall as they may. | 该发生的总是要发生的 |
[41:09] | You’re so different now, Sherlock. | 你真的变了很多 夏洛克 |
[41:13] | You are, essentially, the same. | 你却还是老样子 |
[41:27] | I’ll be back. | 我会再回来的 |
[41:29] | Diogenes will need me. | 第欧根尼还需要我 |
[41:31] | Until then. | 到时再会 |
[42:27] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[42:28] | My little gambit didn’t work. | 我的计划没有成功 |
[42:30] | He’s decided to stay. | 他执意留下来 |
[42:34] | He hasn’t spoken directly with my father in years. | 他有很多年没跟我父亲直接沟通了 |
[42:36] | There’s little chance either will realize | 他们俩都不太可能猜到 |
[42:38] | what I’ve attempted. | 我的意图 |
[42:43] | I’m afraid we’re going to have | 恐怕我们需要另想办法 |
[42:44] | to come at the problem a different way. | 来处理这件事了 |