时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Let’s do open discussion before we wrap up. | 结束之前我们来做个开放讨论 |
[00:05] | I have kind of a, uh, | 我想到一个 |
[00:06] | different topic in mind. | 不太一样的话题 |
[00:08] | Craziest thoughts about your disease? | 对于你们自身疾病的最疯狂的想法 |
[00:12] | You know what I mean. | 你们明白我的意思吧 |
[00:13] | You know they’re nuts, | 你明知很疯狂 |
[00:14] | but they just keep popping into your head anyway. | 但却控制不住它们钻进你的脑海 |
[00:18] | I often wonder if I should have been born in another time. | 我经常在想我是否应该出生在另一个年代 |
[00:23] | Sorry, my name is Sherlock, and I’m an addict. | 抱歉 我叫夏洛克 是个瘾君子 |
[00:26] | Hi, Sherlock. | 你好 夏洛克 |
[00:28] | My-my… My senses are unusually– | 我的感官特别 |
[00:32] | well, one could even say unnaturally– keen. | 甚至可以说是异乎寻常的灵敏 |
[00:39] | And ours is an era of distraction. It’s, uh, | 我们这个年代让人心烦意乱 |
[00:43] | a punishing drumbeat of constant input. | 就像持续不断的 让人精疲力尽的鼓点 |
[00:49] | This-this cacophony | 这些刺耳的声音 |
[00:50] | which follows us into our homes | 跟随我们到家里 |
[00:53] | and into our beds | 到床上 |
[00:55] | and seeps into our… | 渗透进 |
[00:59] | into our souls, | 我们的灵魂 |
[01:01] | for want of a better word. | 我想不到更贴切的词 |
[01:06] | For a long time, uh, | 在很长一段时间里 |
[01:08] | there was only one poultice for my raw nerve endings, | 只有一种方法能治疗我的神经末梢 |
[01:11] | and that was, uh, copious drug use. | 就是大量地嗑药 |
[01:17] | So in my less productive moments, I’m given to wonder… | 所以当我没有那么忙的时候 我就在想 |
[01:25] | …if I’d just been born when it was a little… | 如果出生在一个稍微… |
[01:28] | quieter out there, | 安静点的时代 |
[01:33] | would I have even become an addict in the first place? | 我还会变成一个瘾君子吗 |
[01:39] | Might I have been more focused? | 我是不是能更专注 |
[01:45] | A more fully realized person? | 自我实现得更为彻底 |
[01:48] | What, like Ancient Greece? | 什么时代 古希腊吗 |
[01:50] | You any idea what passed for dental care in the Hellenic era? | 你知道古希腊是怎样进行牙齿护理的吗 |
[01:55] | No, no, I’d, um, | 不 我… |
[01:59] | I’d want some of the wonders of modernity. | 我还是想要一些现代化的东西 |
[02:04] | Just before everything got… | 只是不想什么都被… |
[02:07] | amplified. | 放大 |
[02:09] | Something like what? | 那是什么时候 |
[02:11] | 200 years ago? | 200年前吗 |
[02:17] | – Mycroft. – Web site said it was an open meeting. | -麦考夫 -网站上说这是个公开会议 |
[02:20] | I came to support my brother, so please go on. | 我是来支持我弟弟的 请继续讲 |
[02:22] | It’s-it’s fascinating. | 挺吸引人的 |
[02:24] | No. I, uh, | 不 我… |
[02:26] | I-I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[02:28] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[02:35] | Hey, you leaving early? | 你要早退吗 |
[02:37] | Did you really mean what you said in there | 你刚才那番话是认真的 |
[02:39] | or were you just winding them up? | 还是故意气他们的 |
[02:41] | – Mycroft. – I wouldn’t have said anything at all | -麦考夫 -如果我知道你来了 |
[02:42] | if I’d known the meeting was compromised. | 我压根什么都不会讲 |
[02:44] | – Explain yourself! – Your maid told me you’d gone out. | -解释清楚 -你的女仆说你出去了 |
[02:47] | I wheedled her a bit to find out where. | 我诱骗她说出你的去向 |
[02:49] | – You live in England! – Did you know | -你住在英格兰 -你知道 |
[02:50] | they’ve invented a flying conveyance capable | 人们发明了可以快速到达 |
[02:52] | of hurtling its passengers vast distances? | 目的地的飞行工具吗 |
[02:55] | Ha. Joan, delighted to see you. | 对了 乔恩 很高兴见到你 |
[02:57] | Oh, sorry. Oh, dear. | 不好意思 天呐 |
[03:00] | Um, so what are you doing in New York? | 那你来纽约做什么 |
[03:02] | I planned to fly out next month. | 我本来计划的是下个月出发 |
[03:04] | We’re opening a branch of my restaurant Diogenes in Tribeca. | 我的连锁餐厅第欧根尼要在翠贝卡开分店 |
[03:07] | I intended to give you plenty of warning, of course, | 我本打算提前告诉你们 |
[03:10] | but, um, circumstances brought me here earlier. | 但是因为客观情况 我早到了 |
[03:12] | Circumstances? | 客观情况 |
[03:14] | Yes, a good friend of ours is in a bit of trouble, Sherlock. | 是的 我们的一位朋友有点麻烦 |
[03:16] | We haven’t got any mutual friends. | 我们没有共同的朋友 |
[03:18] | Acquaintance, then, might be a better way of putting it. | 好吧 说是老相识要贴切点 |
[03:21] | I’d like to explain it to you over dinner. | 晚餐时我再给你们解释吧 |
[03:27] | So we’re planning on taking a couple of reservations a night. | 我们准备每晚提供一些预定位 |
[03:30] | The rest we’ll fill with walk-ins. | 其他的留给散客 |
[03:31] | I want the place to be spontaneous, playful. | 我希望这里是自然且有趣的 |
[03:34] | Qualities you’ll no doubt be charging through the nose for. | 就这种品质你肯定被人敲了一笔 |
[03:37] | Oh, I think it’s breathtaking. | 我觉得这里很动人 |
[03:38] | Thank you. Once we’ve set the menu, | 谢谢 一旦定好菜单 |
[03:40] | we should be open in a couple of weeks. | 我们几周内就能开业了 |
[03:42] | I’m meeting with a couple of young chefs while I’m here. | 我来这里之后见了一些年轻的厨师 |
[03:44] | I want to find a new voice. | 我想找个与众不同的 |
[03:46] | Of course. | 确实 |
[03:50] | “Old acquaintance”? Are you joking? | 老相识 你在开玩笑吗 |
[03:53] | Yes, well, I thought it best explained by herself. | 没错 我觉得还是她自己来解释最好 |
[03:57] | Sherlock Holmes, you look dashing as ever. | 夏洛克·福尔摩斯 你还是那么精神 |
[04:03] | Do let me know when you decide to start aging, won’t you? | 如果你决定开始变老一定告诉我 好吗 |
[04:09] | Well, I wasn’t told you’d be here. | 我可不知道你在这 |
[04:13] | Joan Watson, this is Nigella Mason. | 乔恩·华生 这位是尼盖拉·梅森 |
[04:15] | She’s my brother’s former fiance. | 我哥哥的前任未婚妻 |
[04:19] | It’s nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[04:20] | Lovely to meet you. | 我也是 |
[04:22] | – Shall we? – Yes. | -来吧 -好 |
[04:27] | I’m confused. Didn’t you and your brother’s fiance… | 我糊涂了 你不是和你哥哥的未婚妻有… |
[04:30] | What? Copulate? | 什么 奸情吗 |
[04:32] | Engage in several bouts of vigorous sex? | 有几次激烈的性爱 |
[04:35] | Yes, yes, we did. | 没错 有过 |
[05:03] | The plates are designed to be shared, | 盘子是设计成公用的 |
[05:05] | but pace yourself, okay? | 但还是用自己的 好吗 |
[05:06] | I’ve got a lot of food back there. | 我在后面准备了很多食物 |
[05:08] | I know we’re not serving alcohol today. | 我们今天不提供酒 |
[05:10] | Are there any other dietary restrictions? | 有其他的忌口吗 |
[05:13] | I lose my appetite in the company of social-climbing trollops. | 坐在攀附权贵的荡妇身边让我食欲全无 |
[05:17] | Uh, no. Thank you, we’re fine. | 不 谢谢 我们没事了 |
[05:19] | I realize there’s been some awkwardness between the three of us. | 我意识到我们三人在一起有些尴尬 |
[05:23] | I seduced you within weeks of your wedding | 在你们婚礼的几周前我勾引你 |
[05:25] | and exposed your true character to Mycroft. | 从而向麦考夫揭露你的本性 |
[05:27] | I cannot imagine how you’ve managed to worm your way back into his life. | 我无法想象你是用什么手段回来找他的 |
[05:31] | It’s complicated, Sherlock. | 夏洛克 事情很复杂 |
[05:34] | A year after my difficulties with Mycroft, | 我和麦考夫分开一年后 |
[05:37] | I fell in love with and married a man | 我爱上了一个叫罗伯特·萨福克的人 |
[05:40] | by the name of Robert Suffolk. | 并和他结婚了 |
[05:41] | He’s also known by his title, | 他还有个头衔 |
[05:44] | the Marquess of Loudwater. | 喧水侯爵 |
[05:46] | “Marquess”? | 侯爵 |
[05:47] | It’s mid-level nobility. | 中等贵族 |
[05:48] | It’s smack between an earl and a duke. | 地位在伯爵和公爵之间 |
[05:50] | Oh, so that makes you a, um… | 所以你就成了… |
[05:52] | Marchioness of Loudwater, yes. | 是的 喧水侯爵夫人 |
[05:53] | I retain my title though I no longer retain my husband. | 虽然我留不住丈夫 但还是留住了头衔 |
[05:58] | The marquess turned out to be not as advertised. | 侯爵并不像宣传的那样 |
[06:01] | Not terribly interested in holding up | 他对维系婚姻的兴趣 |
[06:02] | his end of the conjugal side, if you follow. | 不是特别大 |
[06:06] | So… | 所以 |
[06:07] | I turned, in my loneliness, to Dalton, | 我找到道尔顿来排解寂寞 |
[06:10] | the man in charge of Robert’s stable of racehorses. | 他负责罗伯特赛马的马房 |
[06:13] | I won’t bore you with the details, | 细节就不赘述了 |
[06:15] | but private investigators were hired, | 但是他雇了私家侦探 |
[06:17] | photographs were taken, and the usual ugliness ensued. | 拍了照 然后官司就来了 |
[06:21] | Do you see, finally, the magnitude of the favor that I did you? | 你是不是终于意识到我帮了你多大的忙 |
[06:26] | While Robert and I were courting, | 我和罗伯特打官司的时候 |
[06:27] | I fell quite in love with one of his horses, | 我喜欢上了他的一匹马 |
[06:30] | a champion stallion named Silver Blaze, | 一匹叫银光的冠军种马 |
[06:33] | and thanks to the crafty work of my lawyers, | 多亏了律师们的机智 |
[06:36] | I came out of my marriage with my title and ownership of Silver Blaze. | 我在离婚以后保住了头衔和银光的所有权 |
[06:41] | Now, he can’t race anymore, you understand. He’s too old, | 现在 他没法再比赛了 他太老了 |
[06:44] | but there is a thriving demand for his studly services. | 但还是有很多人想找他配种 |
[06:48] | So you’ve become a horse pimp? | 所以你现在成了马的皮条客 |
[06:50] | How fitting. Must be lucrative. | 太配了 肯定很赚钱 |
[06:52] | Silver Blaze is being stabled in Ulster County at the moment. | 之前银光在奥斯特郡一直很好 |
[06:56] | The other night, | 前几天夜里 |
[06:57] | Dalton was coming to the stables | 道尔顿去马房 |
[06:59] | to give the animal his usual medication. | 给他进行日常医护 |
[07:02] | He had a friend in the car, and according to him, | 他有个朋友在车里 据他讲 |
[07:05] | Dalton came upon a man who was trying to break in the stables. | 道尔顿看见一个男人正想闯进马厩 |
[07:09] | Dalton confronted the burglar, | 道尔顿和强盗打了照面 |
[07:11] | and the man shot him. | 那人随即对他开枪 |
[07:12] | He died at the scene. | 他当场死亡 |
[07:14] | I’m so sorry. | 深表遗憾 |
[07:15] | Thank you. It’s been awful. | 谢谢 这太可怕了 |
[07:18] | When the murderer fled, he left behind a bag of supplies. | 凶手逃之夭夭 留下了一包装备 |
[07:22] | The police found a syringe full of concentrated potassium, | 警方发现了一支装满高浓度钾离子的注射器 |
[07:26] | and they believe that Dalton’s killer | 他们推断杀死道尔顿的凶手 |
[07:28] | intended to poison Silver Blaze. | 想要毒死银光 |
[07:31] | So you want us to find him and protect your meal ticket? | 所以你想让我们找出凶手 保护你的饭票吗 |
[07:34] | And get justice for Dalton. | 还有为道尔顿伸张正义 |
[07:35] | Look, I realize that I’ve made some mistakes in my life, | 我知道我这辈子犯了一些错 |
[07:38] | but I have made efforts to improve myself, | 但我已经尽力让自己改进 |
[07:40] | and when Mycroft fell sick, | 而且当麦考夫生病的时候 |
[07:42] | he found a way to forgive me. | 他找到办法原谅了我 |
[07:43] | – Uh, Nigella, please. – And I believe that you can do the same. | -尼盖拉 别说了 -我想你也一样能做到 |
[07:49] | Oh, you didn’t realize that Mycroft was sick? | 你还不知道麦考夫病了吗 |
[07:53] | Spot of leukemia. | 小小的白血病 |
[07:54] | Bone marrow transplant. I’m better now. | 已经接受骨髓移植 现在我好多了 |
[07:58] | I tried to find different ways to tell you. | 我想了各种办法试着告诉你 |
[07:59] | It just never happened. | 不过始终没成功 |
[08:03] | I’m sincerely sorry for your troubles. | 对你的困境深表遗憾 |
[08:07] | But… | 但是… |
[08:09] | this is an awful, toxic creature. | 这个女人糟糕透顶 蛇蝎心肠 |
[08:13] | Fortunately, I don’t need to sleep with her again | 万幸的是 我不用再靠和她睡觉 |
[08:15] | to get her out of my life, I just need to leave. | 来把她赶出我的生活 只要离开就行了 |
[08:19] | Marchioness. | 侯爵夫人再见 |
[08:28] | Looking for something to solve? | 在找案子破吗 |
[08:32] | My brother makes you uncomfortable. | 我哥哥让你不自在了 |
[08:33] | Your posture stiffens subtly whenever he gets close. | 每次他一靠近 你的动作就略显僵硬 |
[08:36] | I’m pretty sure it doesn’t. | 我很肯定我没有 |
[08:38] | I suspected he would try to sleep with you while we were in London, | 在伦敦的时候 我怀疑他是想骗你上床 |
[08:40] | – Is that what happened? – No. | -那发生了吗 -没有 |
[08:42] | Were his advances ungentlemanly in some way? | 他追求你的手段是不是有点不那么绅士 |
[08:44] | There were no advances, and I can’t believe | 他没有追求我 难以置信 |
[08:45] | that’s what you want to talk about. | 你居然还想和我谈这个 |
[08:47] | Your brother had leukemia, and he didn’t tell you about it. | 你哥哥身患白血病 却没有告诉你 |
[08:50] | I know if that happened to me, I would be hurt | 如果换作是我 我一定很伤心 |
[08:52] | and furious and sad and worried. | 还会生气 难过 担心 |
[08:57] | I feel annoyed. | 我觉得很烦 |
[08:59] | Annoyed? | 烦 |
[09:00] | Profoundly. | 相当烦 |
[09:01] | Of course Mycroft’s spiritual awakening is tied to some sort of illness. | 麦考夫的良心发现当然和某种疾病有关 |
[09:05] | The man has never met a cliché | 那男人永远都和 |
[09:07] | he didn’t have a head-on collision with. | 那些陈词滥调的保守思想对着干 |
[09:22] | Hello. | 你好 |
[09:24] | I know it’s late; I’m sorry. | 我知道很晚了 抱歉 |
[09:36] | Pleasant. | 房子不错 |
[09:41] | I owe you an apology. Obviously, I should’ve told you. | 我该向你道歉 显然我应该告诉你的 |
[09:43] | You needed bone marrow. | 你需要骨髓移植 |
[09:45] | A sibling is the most likely match by far. | 亲兄弟是目前最可能配型成功的 |
[09:49] | I’m trying to be less stubborn now. I think… | 现在我试着让自己不那么固执 我觉得… |
[09:53] | I hope my illness has made me a more compassionate, better person. | 我希望疾病能让我变得更仁慈和善 |
[09:56] | Well, of course you do. | 没错 你当然有 |
[09:58] | You’re following the same narrative | 所有恶贯满盈的人 |
[09:59] | all venal people do when they get sick. | 生了病都会这样 |
[10:01] | A lot of people may go through the same thing, | 很多人都可能经历同样的事 |
[10:03] | but it doesn’t make it less real. | 但这不代表这些事不是真的 |
[10:04] | It’s like an addiction in that sense, I’d imagine. | 我想说 这种感觉会上瘾的 |
[10:08] | You asked how Nigella got back into my life. | 你问我为什么重新接纳了尼盖拉 |
[10:12] | When I was diagnosed, she got in touch, | 我被确诊的时候 她联系我 |
[10:15] | asked if there was anything she could do to help. | 问我她有什么可以帮忙的 |
[10:17] | When she learned I was looking for a bone marrow donor, | 当她得知我正在找骨髓捐赠者的时候 |
[10:19] | she organized a drive to find one. | 她举办了招募活动 |
[10:22] | Turned it into a cause, got the whole posh crowd | 把这变成了一项事业 |
[10:25] | she was running around with involved. | 找了很多人为此奔走忙碌 |
[10:28] | I found my match because of her. | 正因为她 我才能找到配型的捐赠者 |
[10:30] | One good turn deserves another. | 善有善报 |
[10:31] | Yes, I suppose it does. | 是的 我想也是 |
[10:34] | In any case, I don’t think | 无论怎样 这件事 |
[10:35] | this is about the quality of Nigella’s character. | 和尼盖拉的本质如何无关 |
[10:37] | I think this is about you and me. | 这是你和我之间的事 |
[10:41] | If we help her, it will prove tangibly | 如果我们帮助她 就确实证明 |
[10:44] | that we’ve put this whole thing behind us. | 我们之间的种种过节就此放下 |
[10:47] | Or if you’re still feeling stubborn, | 或者如果你还是觉得别扭 |
[10:49] | you can just tell yourself it’s about solving a murder. | 完全可以把这当成解决一起谋杀案那么简单 |
[10:54] | So, Detective Bell said two NYPD consultants would be coming out. | 贝尔警探说 会来两位纽约纽约警局的顾问 |
[10:59] | Two did; we brought a restaurateur with us. | 确实是两位 我们多带了一个饭店老板而已 |
[11:02] | He also said you’d be moving Silver Blaze to the NYPD stables? | 他还说你们会把银光转移到纽约警局的马厩 |
[11:06] | Yes, it seems the best way to safeguard against further possible attacks. | 是的 这是保护他以免再遭毒手的最好方法 |
[11:09] | So what happened here? Be thorough. | 详细彻底地说一下事发当时这里的情况 |
[11:12] | Well, Dalton Ladd parked his car there. | 道尔顿·拉德的车停在那 |
[11:14] | He’d been out for a drink with his friend Asa, | 他出去和朋友艾沙喝酒 |
[11:17] | who waited in the car | 艾沙当时在车里等着 |
[11:18] | while Mr. Ladd went to give the horse his shot. | 拉德先生去给马打针 |
[11:21] | He came upon a guy trying to pick the lock. | 他看到一个人正在撬锁 |
[11:24] | Asa said he was about six feet tall, | 艾沙说那人大概1米83 |
[11:25] | but he couldn’t see much more than that. | 但别的他就看不清了 |
[11:27] | Guy fires twice, he takes off and he leaves his bag. | 凶手开了两枪 匆忙逃走 没有拿包 |
[11:30] | Now, the owner had been getting ready for bed. | 马厩的主人当时正准备睡觉 |
[11:33] | He heard the gunshots. He comes out with a shotgun, | 他听见枪声 拿着猎枪冲了出来 |
[11:36] | but, by that time, the killer had reached that tree line. | 可那时 凶手已经逃到那排树那了 |
[11:40] | Were there any prints on the lock? | 锁上有指纹吗 |
[11:41] | Yeah. Too many. | 有 但太多了 |
[11:43] | People are in and out of here all the time, | 这里总有很多人进出 |
[11:45] | so no prints of value. | 没有有价值的指纹 |
[11:47] | So, did the owner pursue the gunman? | 马厩主人去追凶手了吗 |
[11:49] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[11:50] | Stayed on him for about a quarter mile, | 大概追了他400米 |
[11:52] | till he reached a clearing in the woods. | 一直追到了森林里的一片空地 |
[11:53] | But when he got there, the guy was just gone. | 可他追到那的时候 凶手已经不见踪影了 |
[11:57] | Sorry, it’d be bet… could you just | 不好意思 你挡着我的视线了 |
[11:59] | stay out of the eye line here? | 能挪开点吗 |
[12:01] | You’re joking. I was just standing here. | 开什么玩笑 我只是站在这 |
[12:02] | Yes, that’s the problem. | 是的 问题就在这 |
[12:03] | Oh, could you show us the clearing? | 能带我去看看那块空地吗 |
[12:06] | So, like I said, the owner chased him this far. | 就像我说的 马厩主人追到了这里 |
[12:10] | But when he got here, the guy was just gone. | 可他到这的时候 凶手已经不见踪影 |
[12:12] | How much of a lead did the gunman have? | 凶手离他有多远距离 |
[12:14] | Well, the owner says he was about a hundred yards behind. | 马厩主人说大概是90米 |
[12:17] | I know– there’s no way that the gunman | 我知道 凶手不可能在 |
[12:19] | would’ve had time to make it clear across the field. | 这么短的时间穿过空地 |
[12:22] | But I figure… | 但我推测 |
[12:23] | the owner was further back from the gunman than he thought. | 可能马厩主人离凶手比他所想的要远 |
[12:25] | Yes, that’s one possible explanation. | 是的 这是一种可能性 |
[12:28] | Another possible explanation is that he didn’t disappear at all, | 还有一种可能性是他根本没有消失 |
[12:30] | he just took to higher ground, | 他只是到了更高的地方 |
[12:31] | to see how many people were following him | 观察有多少人跟着他 |
[12:33] | and then planned his escape. | 然后计划怎么脱身 |
[12:35] | These trees are over a hundred years old. | 这些树都有超过百岁的树龄了 |
[12:38] | There’s no low-hanging branches. | 没有低垂的树枝 |
[12:39] | But this young oak would work. | 但这棵小点的橡树可以爬 |
[12:43] | He would have to hoist himself up, off that branch. | 他必须借助这根树枝 才能爬上去 |
[12:46] | Yes, which means he had to grab it. | 这代表着他必须抓住它 |
[12:50] | Right. | 没错 |
[12:52] | Fortunately, the bark is smooth on top. | 万幸的是 树枝表面很光滑 |
[13:19] | There. | 有了 |
[13:24] | I’ll wager these are the fingerprints of our murderer. | 我打赌这些就是凶手的指纹 |
[13:28] | There’s one missing. | 少了一个手指 |
[13:29] | The man we’re looking for | 我们要找的凶手 |
[13:31] | is missing the ring finger from his left hand. | 没有左手的无名指 |
[13:35] | Should we see if he’s been arrested before? | 去查查犯罪数据库有没有相应记录吧 |
[13:39] | Right. Let’s see what a would-be horse assassin | 好了 我们看看一个准备刺杀马的杀手 |
[13:42] | brings on his rounds, shall we? | 都带了些什么 |
[13:45] | Mycroft, if you’d like to be useful | 麦考夫 如果你想有点贡献 |
[13:46] | as something other than a means of transportation, | 而不是只当个交通工具 |
[13:48] | feel free to take notes. | 你可以做做笔记 |
[13:50] | That policeman in Ulster County | 阿尔斯特镇的警察只说 |
[13:51] | said we could look in the bag, not take it away. | 我们可以看看包里 没说可以拿走 |
[13:54] | Yes, well, I find it best not to ask. | 是的 我觉得最好不要去问 |
[13:55] | They can get quite territorial | 当你说你想要带走证据时 |
[13:57] | when you say you want to take evidence with you. | 他们会变得很有地盘意识 |
[13:58] | They certainly weren’t using it to solve any crimes. | 他们肯定不会用它去破任何案子 |
[14:03] | Two sets of lock picks… | 两套开锁器 |
[14:05] | one very large knife… | 一把很大的刀 |
[14:08] | three syringes bundled in duct tape | 三个用胶带捆绑在一起的注射器 |
[14:10] | and one map of Ulster County. | 还有一张阿尔斯特的地图 |
[14:17] | Map has pin impressions on it. | 地图上有笔头留下的印痕 |
[14:27] | 2501 2501. | |
[14:30] | Maybe an address? | 也许是个地址 |
[14:31] | Not a useful one. | 不是很有用的线索 |
[14:34] | You guys are swimming in some deep water here. | 这案子的水很深 |
[14:37] | There’s a hit on your prints, | 你们提供的指纹有重大突破 |
[14:39] | but it’s not to a person, it’s to a crime. | 只不过不是某个人 而是案件 |
[14:41] | A series of crimes, actually. | 事实上 是连环案件 |
[14:43] | The index fingerprint you found | 你们发现的指纹 |
[14:44] | matches partials that were found at the site of 13 murders. | 和我们在十三起谋杀现场发现的一致 |
[14:48] | What?! | 什么 |
[14:48] | They happened in two batches. | 是分两次发生的 |
[14:50] | Two mass shootings the DEA thinks are tied | 缉毒局认为这两起大规模枪击案 |
[14:52] | to a war between the Robles Cartel and a couple lieutenants | 牵涉到罗布勒黑帮与两个 |
[14:55] | who tried to go into business for themselves. | 试图插足生意的中尉有关 |
[14:58] | In both cases, they believe the shooter is a Robles assassin | 他们认为两起案子里的枪手都是一个 |
[15:01] | nicknamed “El Mechanico.” | 外号叫做”机械师”的罗布勒雇的杀手 |
[15:04] | Would you get in touch with the Marchioness? | 你能联系到侯爵夫人吗 |
[15:05] | I would very much like to ask her | 我非常想去问问她 |
[15:06] | why drug dealers want to murder her horse. | 为什么毒贩想要谋杀她的马 |
[15:08] | What else do we know about this El Mechanico? | 关于这位机械师我们还知道什么 |
[15:11] | Not much. | 不多 |
[15:12] | This first massacre happened at a dock in Tampa. | 第一起屠杀发生在坦帕的一个码头上 |
[15:15] | There was a civilian cleaning his boat | 当枪战开始时有位市民 |
[15:16] | when the shots started flying. | 在清洗他的船 |
[15:18] | He gave a description but… | 他给了外貌描述 但… |
[15:20] | no one’s seen him since. | 之后再没人见过他 |
[15:22] | Nigella says we can see her at her hotel. | 尼盖拉说我们可以在她下榻的酒店见她 |
[15:24] | She’s at the Sutner. | 她在萨塔娜酒店 |
[15:27] | Suite 2501. | 2501号套房 |
[16:01] | Hello? | 喂 |
[16:02] | Nigella, listen very carefully: | 尼盖拉 请仔细听好 |
[16:04] | The same man who killed Dalton Ladd is targeting you. | 谋杀道尔顿·拉德的凶手也要杀你 |
[16:07] | What?! | 什么 |
[16:08] | Have you noticed anyone unusual? | 你有注意到什么奇怪的人吗 |
[16:10] | Any deliveries to your room? | 有东西送到你房间吗 |
[16:11] | No, no, no. | 没有 |
[16:12] | It’s been quite peaceful, actually. | 实际上 这里一直很宁静 |
[16:13] | I’ve just been enjoying the view. | 我一直在欣赏风景 |
[16:16] | Your curtains are open? | 你的窗帘是开的吗 |
[16:17] | Yeah, just the one. | 对 就开了一面 |
[16:20] | Would you kindly go into another room at once? | 能不能请你马上去另一个房间 |
[16:23] | Why? | 为什么 |
[16:32] | For God sakes, | 看在上帝的份上 |
[16:34] | of course I don’t know anybody in the Robles Cartel. | 我当然不认识罗布勒黑帮的任何人 |
[16:37] | I’m in the peerage. | 我是贵族阶层 |
[16:39] | And I don’t understand why they’d want me dead. | 我也不明白为什么他们想杀我 |
[16:42] | I have no idea whatsoever. | 我完全不知道是怎么回事 |
[16:44] | All right, what about your boyfriend? | 好吧 那你男朋友呢 |
[16:45] | You think it’s possible he did business with them and… | 你觉得他有没有可能背着你 |
[16:48] | – hid it from you? – Dalton was an alternate | -和他们合作呢 -道尔顿在2000年 |
[16:50] | on the national steeplechase team in 2000 and 2004. | 和2004年是全国障碍赛的替补选手 |
[16:54] | That’s her way of saying no. | 她的意思是没有 |
[16:56] | What about your other employees? | 那你的其他雇员呢 |
[16:57] | She’s lying. | 她在撒谎 |
[16:59] | I know Miss Mason to be a woman of low character. | 我知道梅森小姐是位低俗的女人 |
[17:01] | You’ve incurred the wrath of these people, | 你已经惹怒了那些人 |
[17:02] | and it wasn’t through an honest difference of opinion. | 而且不是因为简单的观念不同 |
[17:06] | I will give you access to all of our books, | 我可以让你们查看我们的账本 |
[17:09] | records, anything– but there is no connection | 记录 任何东西 但 |
[17:12] | between these vile people and me. | 我和那些卑劣的人没有任何关系 |
[17:21] | What’s this? | 这是干嘛 |
[17:22] | I spent most of the day as a spare wheel. | 这一整天我都显得很多余 |
[17:23] | I thought I’d make myself useful. | 我觉得应该让自己有用些 |
[17:25] | I know you and Joan rarely sit down for a meal. | 我知道你和乔恩很少好好吃顿饭 |
[17:27] | That’s by design– a lingering dinner, | 那是计划好的 一顿缠绵的晚餐 |
[17:30] | especially in the midst of a case, is an indulgence. | 尤其是在办案期间 是一种放纵 |
[17:32] | You think conversation’s an indulgence? | 你认为交流是放纵吗 |
[17:34] | The meal itself is an indulgence. | 这顿饭本身是放纵 |
[17:36] | Conversation is an annoyance within an indulgence… | 交流是放纵过程中的烦恼 |
[17:43] | Well, I suppose it’s harmless enough. | 我觉得你只要不阻碍我工作 |
[17:45] | As long as you don’t try to stop me from working. | 这样倒也没什么坏处 |
[17:47] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[17:50] | So… | 那么… |
[17:51] | did you learn anything? | 你研究出什么了吗 |
[17:54] | The police believe a man named Joaquin Aguilar | 警方认为一位叫华金·阿桂勒的人 |
[17:56] | heads up the Robles Cartel’s East Coast operations. | 负责着罗布勒黑帮在东海岸的运作 |
[18:01] | The Cartel is always at odds with one or another | 这个黑帮总是和它的竞争对手有过节 |
[18:02] | of its rivals, so the man is very rarely seen in public. | 所以这个人很少在公共场合露面 |
[18:05] | In fact, he’s only been spotted six times | 事实上 过去的两年里 |
[18:06] | in the last two years. | 他总共只被看见过六次 |
[18:09] | He’s always at a private box he maintains | 他总待在水道赛道 |
[18:11] | at the Aqueduct race track. | 他自己的私人包间里 |
[18:13] | – He’s a horseman. – A passionate one. | -他是位骑手 -很有激情 |
[18:15] | There’s bad behavior to be unearthed here. | 会有不好的事被发掘出来 |
[18:17] | Be prepared for that. | 做好准备 |
[18:20] | You seem quite invested | 你似乎很相信 |
[18:21] | in the idea that Nigella has changed. | 尼盖拉已经洗心革面了 |
[18:24] | From what I can see, change is sloppy. | 在我看来 改变是很随性的 |
[18:25] | It’s a process, not an absolute state. | 它是个过程 不是明确的状态 |
[18:28] | Why are you so invested in the idea that | 你为什么坚持认为尼盖拉 |
[18:29] | Nigella has to be a good person to deserve your help? | 必须是个好人才配的上你的帮助 |
[18:33] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[18:34] | Something has just occurred to me. | 我突然想到点事 |
[18:40] | This is the best risotto I have ever had. | 这是我吃过的最好吃的烩饭 |
[18:42] | Why are you hiring a chef? You should do it. | 你为什么要雇厨师呢 你应该自己做 |
[18:45] | Owning restaurants is a lot more fun. | 当饭店老板更有趣 |
[18:47] | He means less work. | 他的意思是可以少干点活 |
[18:49] | Yes, I suppose you could say that. | 是的 我想你可以这么说 |
[18:52] | I don’t quite believe | 我真不敢相信 |
[18:53] | I’m going to say this to a grown man: | 我要跟一个成年人这么说 |
[18:54] | Your food’s getting cold. | 你的饭快要凉了 |
[19:06] | Brilliant. | 好极了 |
[19:08] | I’ve just heard back from a forensic accountant | 我刚收到一位法务会计师的回复 |
[19:09] | I once helped out of a spot of bother | 我曾帮他摆脱过一起涉及到 |
[19:10] | involving a naked self-portrait of himself– anyway– | 他自身裸体肖像的麻烦 |
[19:13] | he’s confirmed something I already suspected. | 他确认了我之前的猜测 |
[19:16] | I noticed that Joaquin Aguilar | 我注意到当两匹赛马中的某一匹比赛时 |
[19:19] | comes to the race track when one of two horses is racing– | 华金·阿桂勒会到赛道上去 |
[19:22] | both animals are owned by Mariotti Farms, | 两匹马都归马里奥蒂农场所有 |
[19:24] | it’s a stable and training facility in New Jersey. | 那是一个在新泽西州的马厩和训练场所 |
[19:27] | Mariotti Farms, I’ve just learned, | 我刚刚发现 马里奥蒂农场 |
[19:30] | received its initial seed money | 从一家有限责任公司 |
[19:32] | from a limited liability corporation | 获得原始种子资金 |
[19:33] | with substantial holdings in manganese mining | 此公司主要经营锰矿开采 |
[19:35] | and canned foods. | 和罐装食品业务 |
[19:37] | The corporation has, three times, | 它先后三次 |
[19:39] | been investigated by the DEA, | 被缉毒局调查 |
[19:40] | who have long suspected it is a front for… | 一直以来被怀疑是 |
[19:44] | the Robles Cartel. | 为罗布勒黑帮做掩护的影子 |
[19:46] | You think Joaquin Aguilar | 你觉得华金·阿桂勒 |
[19:48] | is the real money behind those horses? | 才是那些马的幕后资金来源 |
[19:50] | It’s called shadow ownership. | 这叫影子所有权 |
[19:51] | Happens all the time in racing. | 赛马中经常有这种情况 |
[19:52] | Look at this… | 看这个 |
[19:56] | This is a list of all the horses owned by Mariotti Farms, | 这是马里奥蒂农场所拥有的马的名单 |
[20:00] | this… | 这个 |
[20:01] | is a list of all Silver Blaze’s sexual partners | 是侯爵夫人给银光找的 |
[20:04] | since the Marchioness began pimping him out. | 所有母马的名单 |
[20:07] | “Twice for No” is on both these lists. | 这两份名单上都有不二 |
[20:10] | Joaquin Aguilar paid to have one of his mares impregnated | 华金·阿桂勒花钱让银光给他的 |
[20:12] | by Silver Blaze– I need Nigella’s records. | 这匹母马受孕 我需要尼盖拉的记录 |
[20:21] | The pairing alleged to a male offspring, born healthy, | 这两匹马生出来一匹小公马 很健康 |
[20:25] | who was then sold… to… | 之后被卖给了 |
[20:28] | a third party. | 第三方 |
[20:30] | That’s weird. He paid for a champion | 真奇怪 既然他花钱让一匹冠军马 |
[20:32] | to impregnate his horse. | 给他的马受孕 |
[20:32] | Why would he just sell off the baby? | 又为何要把小马卖掉呢 |
[20:34] | It is curious. | 很有意思 |
[20:35] | The foal is housed at a stables in Long Island, | 这匹小马住在长岛的一间马厩里 |
[20:38] | so I say we go and have a look. | 所以我们应该去那里看看 |
[20:40] | But not till the morning, right? | 不过是明早再去 对吧 |
[20:42] | So does this mean that you can actually sit down | 所以你现在能乖乖坐下 |
[20:44] | and have some dessert? | 吃点甜点了吗 |
[20:55] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[21:00] | Ah, sorry, I can’t do this. | 抱歉 我做不到 |
[21:01] | There’s just too much tension. | 气氛太紧张了 |
[21:03] | What are you talking about? There’s no tension. | 你说什么呢 有什么可紧张的 |
[21:05] | We’re having a nice time. | 我们相处得多好 |
[21:06] | You must be joking. | 你在搞笑吧 |
[21:06] | Watson carries unease between her shoulder blades. | 华生的肩胛骨表现出心神不安 |
[21:08] | Her trapezius muscles are in knots, | 她的斜方肌都起疙瘩了 |
[21:09] | and it’s carrying over to her deltoids. | 而且还影响到了她的三角肌 |
[21:11] | My back is fine. | 我的后背没事 |
[21:13] | What happened between you two in London? | 你们俩当时在伦敦有什么事 |
[21:18] | I’m not so sure this is a good idea. | 我觉得这样不太好 |
[21:21] | Thank you for your company. | 谢谢你的陪伴 |
[21:27] | What is the matter with you? | 你是怎么回事 |
[21:29] | Your brother is reaching out to you. | 你哥哥都主动示好了 |
[21:31] | You guys have a chance to fix things, and you’re wasting it. | 你们兄弟俩本来有机会和好 你却白白浪费 |
[21:33] | I’m not wrong, though. | 但我并没有说错 |
[21:35] | You’re uncomfortable in his presence. | 他的出现让你不安了 |
[21:36] | I am not uncomfortable around Mycroft. | 我没有因为麦考夫而不安 |
[21:38] | I am uncomfortable around you and Mycroft together. | 是因为你们俩在一起我才不安 |
[21:40] | For what reason? | 为什么 |
[21:42] | This is none of your business. | 不关你的事 |
[21:43] | But you’re being weird and I don’t want you to wreck | 你一直举止奇怪 而我不想让你 |
[21:45] | your relationship with your brother– again. | 再一次毁了你和你哥哥的关系 |
[21:47] | Okay, we had dinner… I was a little bit nervous | 我们一起吃过饭 我有点紧张 |
[21:50] | because I thought he was gonna hit on me, | 因为我觉得他对我有意思 |
[21:52] | but it became obvious that he just wanted to talk about you. | 但很显然他只是想谈你的事 |
[21:54] | He was sincere and sweet | 他很真诚 很体贴 |
[21:56] | – and he’s funny, too. – Oh, my God. | -还很风趣 -我的天 |
[21:58] | I was in London– I didn’t know he was gonna come here. | 我之前在伦敦 不知道他会来这里 |
[22:00] | You had sex with my brother. | 你跟我哥哥上床了 |
[22:03] | Willingly? | 还是自愿的 |
[22:05] | Great– you had to push, so now you know. | 很好 你一直想知道 现在你知道了 |
[22:06] | Two consenting adults went to bed together. | 两个成年人一起睡了一觉 |
[22:08] | Okay? You can let that | 好吧 你可以因为这事 |
[22:09] | ruin your relationship with your brother, or not. | 跟你哥哥闹翻 或者不闹翻 |
[22:11] | Your call. | 你决定吧 |
[22:22] | Watson, I’ve decided not to hold your dalliance against you. | 华生 我决定不拿这件事压着你了 |
[22:25] | As you said, you’re a grown woman. | 像你说的 你是成年人了 |
[22:28] | I’m disappointed in you. | 我对你很失望 |
[22:30] | I thought you were attempting | 我之前还以为你不会 |
[22:31] | to move beyond petty revenge tactics. | 用这种卑鄙的报复手段 |
[22:33] | It wasn’t revenge. | 这不是报复 |
[22:36] | I-I have just one question for the both of you. | 我只有一个问题想问你们俩 |
[22:39] | Is this going to be an ongoing arrangement? | 你们打算一直维持这种关系吗 |
[22:40] | Because, if it is, I’ll need to plan accordingly. | 如果是的话 我得准备相应的对策 |
[22:46] | You haven’t discussed it. | 你们还没谈过这事 |
[22:49] | Well, get it sorted immediately, would you? | 你们赶紧谈清楚 好吧 |
[22:51] | It’s the least you could do. | 至少做到这样 |
[22:53] | Just out of curiosity– was he any good? | 好奇问一句 他技术好吗 |
[22:55] | My brother. | 我哥哥 |
[22:57] | Does he have a talent for the act of coitus? | 他在性交的时候有什么过人之处吗 |
[23:01] | Mycroft, your thoughts on Watson? | 麦考夫 你对华生有什么评价 |
[23:04] | We were real surprised | 我们当时很意外 |
[23:04] | we even got a shot to bid on a foal | 竟然能够有机会竞标 |
[23:06] | from Silver Blaze and Twice for No. | 银光和不二的小马驹 |
[23:08] | This little guy cost us big. | 这匹小马花了我们不少钱 |
[23:11] | Here he is– Nutmeg. | 就是他 肉豆蔻 |
[23:14] | You pet him, you got yourself a friend for life. | 你宠爱他 他就是你一辈子的朋友了 |
[23:16] | Hi, Nutmeg. | 你好啊 肉豆蔻 |
[23:19] | You mind telling me why | 能不能告诉我 |
[23:19] | the NYPD’s so keen to see a baby horse? | 为什么纽约警局想要见这个小马驹 |
[23:22] | It’s a winding tale. | 因为一件麻烦的案子 |
[23:23] | It involves the British peerage, | 涉及到一个被注射了 |
[23:24] | syringes full of concentrated potassium | 浓缩钾的英国贵族 |
[23:26] | and 13 drug-related murders. | 以及十三起跟药物有关的谋杀案 |
[23:33] | You want to tell me what we’re looking at here? | 能告诉我要找什么吗 |
[23:35] | – Whorls. – Whirls? | -螺纹 -螺旋 |
[23:37] | Whorls– small patches of hair which grow | 是螺纹 一些小撮的毛发 |
[23:40] | in the opposite direction to the rest of the coat. | 与身上其它毛发的方向相反 |
[23:42] | I’ll only be a moment. | 很快就好 |
[23:44] | If you can’t wait patiently, | 如果你没有耐心等 |
[23:45] | feel free to find something to occupy your time. | 就去做点什么事打发时间 |
[23:48] | Have sex with my brother, perhaps. | 或许可以跟我哥哥去上床 |
[23:51] | Well, it gives me absolutely | 虽然我并不对此感到高兴 |
[23:52] | no pleasure to say, “I told you so,” | 但我还是要说”我早说了吧” |
[23:53] | but Nigella Mason is a horrid witch. | 尼盖拉·梅森是个可怕的女巫 |
[23:55] | If it gives you no pleasure, why you looking so satisfied? | 如果你不高兴 那为什么你看上去很满意呢 |
[23:58] | Because I know why Joaquin Aguilar is angry with her. | 因为我知道为什么华金·阿桂勒对她很生气了 |
[24:01] | Summon the Marchioness. | 去找侯爵夫人吧 |
[24:03] | Did you know there have been | 你是否知道 |
[24:04] | several studies done on whether or not | 有很多项关于确定一匹马的螺纹所在位置 |
[24:07] | the placement of whorls on horses is a heritable trait? | 是否是遗传特征的研究已经取得成功 |
[24:10] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[24:12] | The placement of those little cowlicks is inherited. | 那些鬈发的位置是遗传的 |
[24:15] | And why are you telling me this? | 你为什么要跟我说这些 |
[24:17] | Well, it’s not something that most people would look for, | 很多人都不会去注意这个地方 |
[24:20] | but appears to be true. | 但这是真的 |
[24:21] | I’ll show you. | 我来给你看 |
[24:26] | This… | 这张 |
[24:28] | is a photograph of Silver Blaze. | 是银光的照片 |
[24:30] | You will observe | 你能看到 |
[24:31] | there is a whorl directly between his eyes. | 在他的两眼中间有一处螺纹 |
[24:34] | The same is true of Twice for No, | 不二也有这样的螺纹 |
[24:36] | who recently birthed Silver Blaze’s son. | 也就是给生下银光小马驹的那匹母马 |
[24:39] | Now, the laws of nature tell us that their offspring | 大自然的规律告诉我们他们的后代 |
[24:41] | should also have whorls between his eyes. | 也应该在两眼之间有这样的螺纹 |
[24:44] | We looked at this young beast this morning. | 我们今天上午看过那匹小马驹 |
[24:47] | Nutmeg has whorls positioned | 肉豆蔻的螺纹 |
[24:49] | well above his eyes. | 在他的双眼之上 |
[24:52] | Which leads me to the pertinent question: | 所以我由此想到了一个问题 |
[24:55] | What exactly happened to the real Silver Blaze? | 真正的银光怎么了 |
[24:59] | Is he dead? | 他死了吗 |
[25:00] | Dead? | 死了 |
[25:02] | You saw him yourself yesterday. | 你昨天见过他 |
[25:04] | Well, I saw a horse that certainly looked like Silver Blaze. | 我昨天见到的是一匹很像银光的马 |
[25:08] | But you and I both know | 但你我都知道 |
[25:09] | that the horse whose sexual favors | 那匹每次配种都能让你 |
[25:10] | you are selling for upwards of 100,000 a pop | 获利十万块钱的马 |
[25:14] | is an imposter. | 是冒牌货 |
[25:24] | You have no idea the battles that I fought | 你们不知道我费了多大劲 |
[25:27] | to get ownership of Silver Blaze | 才让银光的所有权 |
[25:28] | included in my prenuptials with the Marquess. | 记入我跟侯爵的婚前协议里 |
[25:32] | And why shouldn’t I have something to show | 因为那男人的谎言我献出了数年年华 |
[25:34] | for giving years of my life to that man’s lie? | 我怎么就不能留点纪念呢 |
[25:37] | You were married for 22 months. | 你的婚姻只维持了22个月 |
[25:39] | Yes, and I earned that horse | 是的 而且我就是在那段时间 |
[25:42] | during that stretch– believe me. | 挣得了那匹马 相信我 |
[25:43] | I earned a pack of horses. | 我挣得的不止一匹 |
[25:45] | And, of course, it wasn’t ten weeks | 当然 在我们 |
[25:47] | after we signed the papers | 签署文件十周之后 |
[25:49] | that I get a call out of the blue– | 我突然接到个电话 |
[25:51] | 3:00 a.m., heart failure. | 凌晨三点 心脏衰竭 |
[25:53] | So you hatched a plan to keep the money rolling in. | 所以你想了个计划让财路不断 |
[25:57] | Where did you find the imposter? | 你在哪儿找到的冒充者 |
[25:59] | Silver Blaze has a brother. | 银光有一个兄弟 |
[26:01] | He never amounted to much. | 他没有那么光辉的成就 |
[26:03] | But their markings are almost identical. | 但他们长得几乎一样 |
[26:06] | We bought him for a few hundred quid, | 我们花了点钱买下他 |
[26:08] | applied a bit of hair dye here and there. | 全身各处染点颜色 |
[26:11] | Dye? You’re charging these people | 染色 你收了这些人 |
[26:13] | hundreds of thousands of dollars. | 成千上万的钞票 |
[26:14] | Don’t they want to have proof that it’s the real horse? | 他们难道不需要你证明这匹马是真的吗 |
[26:16] | Yes. Well, the racing world’s always been a little bit backward. | 对 但赛马界总是有点落后 |
[26:20] | With studding, | 在配种的时候 |
[26:21] | most of the scrutiny falls on the mare. | 绝大多数检查都用在母马身上了 |
[26:23] | They’re screened for disease, | 她们被透视检查疾病 |
[26:25] | for the tendency to inflict injury during the live cover. | 以防在怀孕期间发生伤害 |
[26:28] | And the stud, well, | 至于种马 |
[26:29] | the whole world knew that Silver Blaze was mine. | 全世界都知道银光是我的 |
[26:32] | There were some requests for genetic testing. | 的确有一些基因测试的要求 |
[26:35] | We took some hair and some blood | 但我们在处理掉尸体之前 |
[26:38] | before we got rid of the body. | 取了一些毛发和血液 |
[26:41] | So, really, we didn’t run into that many problems. | 所以我们其实没遇到什么麻烦 |
[26:43] | You’re the first three people who have figured it out. | 你们是最先发现问题的三个人 |
[26:46] | Actually, we’re not. | 其实 我们不是 |
[26:48] | Joaquin Aguilar caught on, too. | 华金·阿桂勒也发现了 |
[26:51] | But he couldn’t just expose you. | 但他不能揭发你 |
[26:52] | That would destroy the value of the foal born to his mare. | 那会损害他的母马所产马驹的价值 |
[26:56] | So he did what drug kingpins are wont to do. | 所以他采取了毒枭常用的措施 |
[26:59] | He planned his revenge. | 他计划了自己的复仇 |
[27:02] | Poisoned your horse. | 给你的马下毒 |
[27:04] | And after you watched it die over several days, | 在你看着他挣扎数天死掉之后 |
[27:06] | he would then come for you and your consort. | 他就回来找你和你的同伴 |
[27:10] | Dalton. | 道尔顿 |
[27:13] | Are you going to tell the police what I’ve done? | 你准备把我的所作所为告诉警察吗 |
[27:20] | I see. I’m at the mercy of the Holmes brothers. | 我懂了 我在福尔摩斯兄弟掌握之中了 |
[27:24] | I knew it was a drug deal. | 我知道那是在贩毒 |
[27:27] | That’s why I stayed hidden, | 所以我一直躲着 |
[27:29] | even after I heard the gunshots. | 甚至是在听到枪声之后 |
[27:31] | I heard men screaming. | 我听到男人的尖叫 |
[27:33] | I got up to run, and I saw him. | 我起来要逃走 然后看见了他 |
[27:36] | He was sitting there like a statue. | 他坐在那里 像一座雕像 |
[27:39] | His eyes, I… | 他的眼睛 我… |
[27:41] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:43] | They were just cold. | 冷冰冰的 |
[27:45] | Like the Arctic. | 像北极一样 |
[27:47] | The only man to ever lay eyes on El Mecanico | 唯一一个看见机械师的人 |
[27:49] | has a weakness for unhelpful metaphors. | 却喜欢乱用毫无帮助的比喻 |
[27:55] | – Are you still sulking about Mycroft? – No. | -你还在生麦考夫的气吗 -不 |
[27:58] | I hope you don’t expect me to apologize. | 我希望你不是在等我道歉 |
[28:01] | Look, if I had a sister, | 如果我有个姐妹 |
[28:02] | would you even hesitate for a second before you slept with her? | 你跟她上床之前会有半点犹豫吗 |
[28:04] | It’s not the act itself that gives me pause. | 并不是行为本身让我犹豫 |
[28:06] | It’s that I can’t put it into context. | 我只是觉得那样不合适 |
[28:10] | There is a certain… intimacy | 有一种亲密关系 |
[28:13] | which is a byproduct of our partnership. | 是我们搭档关系的副产品 |
[28:16] | We work well together, | 我们合作得很好 |
[28:17] | and I think we both value that fact. | 我觉得我们都珍视这个事实 |
[28:19] | Right? | 对吗 |
[28:21] | You must have known that I would deduce | 你一定知道我能推理出 |
[28:23] | that you had slept with my brother. | 你跟我哥哥上床了 |
[28:27] | It is unlike you to introduce such a free radical | 让这样一个不稳定因素加入 |
[28:29] | into an otherwise highly functional relationship. | 一个高功能性的关系中不像你会做的事 |
[28:33] | Unless, of course, the unlikelihood was precisely the point. | 当然 除非你正是要表现出这种异样 |
[28:38] | Do you think you’re maybe overthinking this? | 你有没有想过也许只是你想太多了 |
[28:40] | You wanted to demonstrate that I don’t have a monopoly on boorish or outrageous behavior. | 你想要证明不是只有我会做出粗鲁惊人的行为 |
[28:45] | That you won’t become a slave to the roles we have assigned each other. | 你不会在我们彼此认可的关系中成为被奴役的一方 |
[28:50] | I’m glad we cleared the air. | 很高兴我们说开了 |
[28:53] | Message received. | 明白你的意思了 |
[28:54] | There was no message. | 我根本没有这意思 |
[28:57] | Does that man’s reliance on hazy metaphor | 你有没有觉得那个乱用比喻的人 |
[28:59] | seem almost willful to you? | 有点太刻意了 |
[29:01] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[29:05] | I guess I thought he looked like… | 我觉得他看起来像 |
[29:09] | vengeance. | 复仇 |
[29:11] | Vengeance. Okay. | 复仇 好吧 |
[29:12] | He’s selling an idea, not describing a person. | 他在兜售概念 而不是描述一个人 |
[29:19] | I guess I thought he looked like… | 我觉得他看起来像 |
[29:22] | vengeance. | 复仇 |
[29:24] | Vengeance. Okay. | 复仇 好吧 |
[29:26] | Can you be more specific? | 能说的具体点吗 |
[29:32] | You’re a crafty cow, aren’t you? | 你真是个狡猾的家伙 |
[29:34] | Look at his hand. | 看他的手 |
[29:38] | He’s missing his ring finger. | 他没有无名指 |
[29:39] | As is the man who murdered Dalton Ladd the other night. | 跟那天晚上谋杀道尔顿·拉德的人一样 |
[29:43] | I don’t think we’re looking at the witness to a massacre. | 我想我们看着的不是凶案目击者 |
[29:46] | I think he’s the perpetrator. | 我认为他就是行凶者 |
[29:50] | That’s El Mecanico. | 他就是机械师 |
[29:52] | This is the guy the Feds have been chasing for years? | 这就是联调局追查多年的人吗 |
[29:55] | If that’s true, why did he even bother | 如果是真的 那他为什么还要费劲 |
[29:57] | giving this statement? | 留下这份口供 |
[29:58] | We think that the police got to the scene of the massacre | 我们认为警察在他逃走之前 |
[30:01] | before he could get away. | 就赶到了凶案现场 |
[30:02] | He had to come up with a cover story. | 所以他不得不编个故事掩护自己 |
[30:04] | We’re dealing with an exceptionally cunning opponent. | 我们要对付的是一个非常狡猾的对手 |
[30:06] | He’d have to have this identity | 他将这个身份 |
[30:08] | in place as a fail-safe. | 作为失效保险 |
[30:10] | Once the authorities arrived, he crafted a tale | 一旦警方到达现场 |
[30:12] | that took advantage of everyone’s preconceived notions | 他就按照人们心目中杀手的形象 |
[30:14] | of what a cartel hit man should look like. | 编好一个故事 |
[30:17] | He sent the DEA hunting for a myth. | 他让缉毒局去追查一个虚构的人 |
[30:19] | And no one noticed that the guy’s | 没有人注意到这个人 |
[30:20] | missing a finger on his left hand? | 左手少了一根手指吗 |
[30:23] | They’ve been working off of partial fingerprints. | 他们一直在查不完整的指纹 |
[30:25] | No one knew that they were pursuing a four-fingered man | 在我们在道尔顿·拉德的凶案现场 |
[30:27] | until we found a complete set of prints | 找到完整的指纹组之前 |
[30:29] | at the scene of Dalton Ladd’s murder. | 没有人知道他们要找的人缺根手指 |
[30:32] | That’s him. | 就是他 |
[30:33] | We’re about to apprehend El Mecanico. | 我们准备逮捕机械师 |
[30:36] | Well, let’s say you’re right. | 就算你说的是对的 |
[30:38] | This guy told the Feds his name was Kent Jenkins. | 这家伙跟联调局说他叫肯特·詹金斯 |
[30:41] | I’m guessing that’s an alias. | 那应该是个化名吧 |
[30:42] | All right, so we know | 好吧 所以我们知道 |
[30:44] | what he looks like– that’s more than we had– | 他长什么样子 已经大有进步了 |
[30:45] | but I don’t see how we’re about to put cuffs on the guy. | 但是我不知道要怎么才能把他抓起来 |
[30:49] | We know what he looks like, and we know what he wants. | 我们知道他的长相 也知道他想干什么 |
[30:54] | El Mecanico is nothing if not thorough. | 机械师做事很彻底 |
[30:57] | He was contracted to kill Nigella Mason. | 有人雇他去杀尼盖拉·梅森 |
[30:59] | Rest assured he’s going to try and do exactly that. | 他肯定会继续尝试直到干掉她 |
[31:02] | We don’t use civilians as bait. | 我们不会拿平民当诱饵 |
[31:04] | There’s no need to put her directly in his crosshairs. | 不需要把她送到他的枪口下 |
[31:07] | No. | 没必要 |
[31:08] | There’s no doubt he’s monitoring her movements. | 毫无疑问 他掌握了她的行踪 |
[31:10] | One of the simplest ways to do that | 达成目的最简单的方法是 |
[31:12] | is listen in on her phone conversations. | 监听她的电话 |
[31:14] | Anyone with 50 pounds to spend | 只要花50英镑 |
[31:15] | can buy the software which lets them | 任何人都能够买到一款 |
[31:17] | listen in on virtually any wireless call. | 能窃听所有无线电话的软件 |
[31:19] | – That’s why we told her not to use her cell. – Yeah. | -所以我们让她别用手机 -对 |
[31:22] | So, what if she slips up? | 万一她不小心用了怎么办 |
[31:27] | Miss Mason told her friend | 梅森小姐告诉她的朋友 |
[31:29] | she’d be at the bar at quarter to 5:00. | 她四点四十五到酒吧 |
[31:30] | We can expect this guy to set up shop early. | 那这个人可能会提前来准备 |
[31:32] | Be ready. | 准备好 |
[31:33] | He’ll definitely want | 在采取行动前 |
[31:35] | the lay of the land before he makes a move. | 他肯定会探查好周围环境 |
[31:48] | Hi there. | 嗨 老兄 |
[31:50] | Don’t move. | 别动 |
[31:51] | Hands behind your back. | 手放背后 |
[31:52] | Get on the ground. | 跪在地上 |
[31:54] | I’ll thank you not to refer to my client as “El Mecanico” again. | 请别再称呼我的当事人为机械师 |
[31:58] | He’s a gainfully employed citizen. | 他是个有工作有收入的公民 |
[32:00] | He’s on the books | 但他的名字出现在 |
[32:00] | at one of Joaquin Aguilar’s front companies. | 华金·阿桂勒某个影子公司的账本上 |
[32:04] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[32:06] | Your text said you found him. | 你发短信说找到他了 |
[32:09] | El Mecanico’s real name is Keith Newell. | 机械师真名吉斯·纽厄尔 |
[32:12] | I don’t envy his attorney at the moment. | 他的律师现在一定不好受 |
[32:14] | Your “gainfully employed” client | 你有工作有收入的当事人 |
[32:15] | was carrying a $10,000 handgun when we picked him up. | 被捕时身上携带着价值一万美元的手枪 |
[32:19] | That weapon is registered. | 那枪是注册过的 |
[32:20] | We have him on videotape | 我们还有他在缉毒局面前 |
[32:23] | lying through his teeth to the DEA. | 撒下弥天大谎的录像带 |
[32:26] | I’m not completely convinced that’s my client. | 我不相信你们说的是我的当事人 |
[32:28] | We have his fingerprints at three different murder scenes. | 在三个不同的凶杀现场我们都发现了他的指纹 |
[32:31] | You should be begging | 你现在应该 |
[32:33] | to talk to me right now. | 求着多跟我说几句辩解的话 |
[32:36] | You’ve just caught a mass murderer. | 你刚刚抓获一个连环杀手 |
[32:39] | People have been hunting for this guy for a decade. | 人们已经追捕他十年了 |
[32:42] | Well done. | 干得好 |
[32:44] | And thank you. | 还有 谢谢你 |
[32:50] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[32:53] | Be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[32:57] | I just got a call from Latent Prints. | 我刚接到隐藏指纹处理处的电话 |
[32:59] | Something wrong? | 有什么问题 |
[33:00] | We just compared that guy’s prints | 我们把这家伙的指纹 |
[33:02] | to the ones we found at all the murders. | 和在谋杀现场找到的进行了对比 |
[33:04] | They don’t match. | 不吻合 |
[33:05] | – What? – Not even close. | -什么 -完全不一样 |
[33:07] | – No, there’s been a mistake. – We ran it three times. | -肯定出错了 -我们比对了三次 |
[33:09] | Do it again. That man lied on videotape, | 再比对一遍 这人在录像中撒过谎 |
[33:12] | he’s missing a finger on his left hand, | 他左手少了一根手指 |
[33:13] | and he was carrying a designer handgun | 他还带着一把高级手枪 |
[33:14] | which he intended to use to murder Nigella Mason. | 企图谋杀尼盖拉·梅森 |
[33:16] | Holmes, are you listening? The prints don’t match. | 福尔摩斯 你没听到吗 指纹不匹配 |
[33:19] | We can hold him for trespassing, | 我们能以非法入侵罪拘留他 |
[33:21] | but he’ll make bail soon. | 但他很快会提出保释 |
[33:23] | And when he does, we’re going to have to let him go. | 如果这样的话 我们就必须放了他 |
[33:42] | Must be a hazard in your line of work. | 这对你的工作不太好吧 |
[33:45] | Frustration. | 沮丧的情绪 |
[33:46] | – What? – No, I’m just saying | -什么 -我只是说 |
[33:48] | you’ve both built a brilliant case. | 你们俩构造了一个合理的案件过程 |
[33:50] | I really thought you had your man. | 我真以为你抓到了凶手 |
[33:51] | It must be frustrating being wrong. | 发现自己错了一定非常沮丧 |
[33:55] | It’s true we’ve reached a crossroads, | 我们的确遇到了瓶颈 |
[33:57] | but we’re not wrong. Keith Newell is El Mecanico. | 但我们没错 吉斯·纽厄尔就是机械师 |
[34:00] | And his fingerprint didn’t match. | 但指纹不吻合 |
[34:01] | That’s a factor which needs to be accounted for. | 这只是一个需要解释的问题 |
[34:04] | There’s only one explanation I can come up with. | 我现在只能想到一种解释 |
[34:06] | Which means there’s only one explanation | 所以也就意味着 |
[34:08] | that we need to investigate. | 我们只需调查一种可能性 |
[34:10] | Fake fingerprints. | 假指纹 |
[34:13] | Fake fingerprints? | 假指纹 |
[34:14] | It makes perfect sense. | 非常合理 |
[34:15] | El Mecanico, he’s a cautious man in a hazardous line of work. | 机械师是个做危险工作的谨慎的人 |
[34:18] | He has a set of false fingerprints as a last line of defense | 他肯定有很多假指纹当救命稻草 |
[34:21] | against exactly the kind of meeting he had today. | 以便应对如今天这种局面 |
[34:24] | I get it. But fake fingerprints? | 我懂了 但是制造假指纹 |
[34:26] | Is that even possible? | 这可能吗 |
[34:28] | Yeah, of course it is. | 当然可以 |
[34:29] | They’re rarely seen in the underworld. | 这很少出现在下层社会 |
[34:31] | To make a top-notch pair, | 要做一副完美的假指纹 |
[34:32] | you need a high-resolution camera, | 需要高分辨率相机 |
[34:33] | you need a industrial-grade chemistry lab, | 还需要工业级别的化学实验室 |
[34:36] | and ideally, a set of human hands for your prints. | 理想地说 还需要一双人手来提供指纹 |
[34:40] | El Mecanico works for a cartel, | 机械师为黑帮 |
[34:41] | so money’s no issue, | 钱不是问题 |
[34:43] | and I imagine they’re awash with severed hands. | 我想他们那里也有许多手可供使用 |
[34:46] | Yeah, that’s how he’s done it. Fake fingerprints. | 所以他能做出假指纹 |
[34:49] | He must have peeled them off | 他们把他带到警局去的时候 |
[34:50] | while they were bringing him to the station. | 他肯定把假指纹撕掉了 |
[34:59] | Uh! Why are you poking me with your single stick? | 你干嘛用棍子戳我 |
[35:02] | I’m poking the covers to determine whether or not | 我戳被子是想看看 |
[35:04] | my brother is in there with you. | 我哥哥是不是跟你一起在被子里 |
[35:06] | It’s just me. | 只有我 |
[35:08] | We should get in touch with him right away. | 我们得马上与他取得联系 |
[35:09] | We’re going to Denning. | 我们要去丹宁 |
[35:10] | What’s in Denning? | 丹宁有什么 |
[35:11] | Well, it’s where Keith Newell lives, for one thing. | 至少吉斯·纽厄尔住在那 |
[35:15] | And why do we need to see where he lives? | 我们为什么要去他住的地方 |
[35:18] | From the DEA files. | 因为缉毒局的文件 |
[35:20] | Did you know that the partial prints | 你知道机械师的几处不完整指纹 |
[35:21] | attributed to El Mecanico were found at three different crime scenes? | 是在三个不同的犯罪现场被发现的吧 |
[35:25] | I thought it was two murders. | 我以为是两起谋杀 |
[35:26] | Two murders, three crimes. | 两起谋杀 三场犯罪 |
[35:28] | So they found the same print | 在酒品店抢劫案中 |
[35:29] | at the scene of a liquor store robbery? | 警察找到了同样的指纹 |
[35:32] | Someone stole all the Strawdog wine in the place. | 有人把那里所有的草狗牌酒全部偷走了 |
[35:35] | Well, that doesn’t make any sense. | 可这说不通啊 |
[35:37] | Newell, or El Mecanico, or whatever you want to call him, | 纽厄尔 或者说机械师 随便你怎么叫 |
[35:40] | he works for a billion-dollar business. | 为身家数十亿的黑帮工作 |
[35:42] | He’s got to be paid well, | 肯定报酬丰厚 |
[35:42] | so I doubt he drinks cheap wine. | 所以他不可能喝这么便宜的酒 |
[35:45] | And if he does, he can pay for it himself. | 就算喝 他也付得起钱 |
[35:47] | Which is how I arrived at my theory: | 所以我得出如下结论 |
[35:49] | Newell committed the massacres | 纽厄尔戴着别人的指纹 |
[35:51] | wearing someone else’s fingerprints. | 犯下了那些谋杀案 |
[35:53] | But he didn’t do the robbery. | 但他没有抢劫 |
[35:54] | The robbery happened six months before the first murders. | 抢劫是在第一次凶杀前六个月发生的 |
[35:57] | It was perpetrated by the original owner of the fingerprints, | 是指纹真正的主人犯下的案子 |
[36:00] | who then donated their hands to El Mecanico, | 之后他把自己的手捐给了机械师 |
[36:02] | presumably not voluntarily. | 应该不是自愿的 |
[36:05] | Mm. Was there a suspect? | 那个案子有嫌疑人吗 |
[36:06] | There’s no mention of one. | 这里面没有提到 |
[36:08] | The sheriff who looked into the robbery | 调查这件案子的治安官 |
[36:09] | retired some time ago, but she has agreed to speak with us. | 不久前退休了 但她同意和我们谈谈 |
[36:12] | I remember what you’re talking about, sure, | 我记得你说的那件事 当然 |
[36:15] | but it’s a stretch to call it a case. | 但说是案子也言过其实了 |
[36:17] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[36:19] | Someone stole all the Strawdog. | 有人偷走了所有的草狗牌酒 |
[36:21] | Just the Strawdog. | 只偷了草狗 |
[36:24] | We used to have a handful of homeless people in town, | 镇上曾经有一些流浪汉 |
[36:26] | not more than ten or 12, but I kept tabs on them. | 大约十个或十二个 我知道他们 |
[36:30] | I was sheriff, it was my job to know what was going on. | 我曾是治安官 了解他们是我的工作 |
[36:34] | A month or two before Schultz’s liquor store was robbed, | 在舒尔茨的酒品店被抢前一两个月 |
[36:38] | this new guy drifted into town. | 这个新来的家伙到镇上来了 |
[36:41] | Jed something. I can’t remember his last name, | 杰德什么的 我不记得他姓啥了 |
[36:44] | because everybody just called him “Strawdog Jed.” | 因为所有人都叫他”草狗杰德” |
[36:48] | This guy spent most of his day | 那家伙每天大部分时间 |
[36:50] | panhandling out by the lot where he slept. | 都在他睡的那块地上乞讨 |
[36:53] | I went to pi him up. | 我去逮捕他 |
[36:55] | Found about ten unopened bottles of Strawdog, | 只找到十瓶没开的草狗酒 |
[36:58] | but no Jed. | 但是杰德不见了 |
[37:00] | I figured he pulled up stakes | 我想他应该是抢完商店 |
[37:02] | after he robbed the store. | 然后就逃走了 |
[37:03] | It’s odd, don’t you think, | 这很奇怪 你不觉得吗 |
[37:05] | someone called Strawdog Jed steals | 一个叫草狗杰德的人偷了 |
[37:07] | great quantities of his favorite drink | 很多他最爱的饮料 |
[37:09] | and then he just leaves it all behind? | 却把它们都扔下了 |
[37:11] | His drinking buddy sure thought it was weird. | 他的酒友确实觉得很奇怪 |
[37:13] | He swore up and down that something must’ve | 他信誓旦旦地说杰德一定 |
[37:15] | happened to Jed. | 发生了什么事 |
[37:17] | This lot where he slept, | 他曾经露宿的地方 |
[37:18] | do you think you could show it to us? | 你能带我们看看吗 |
[37:20] | The town redeveloped the lot with stimulus money. | 镇上花钱把那块地翻修了 |
[37:24] | It’s been a park for about five years now. | 五年前那就成了一个公园 |
[37:27] | And where was it that Jed slept? | 杰德以前睡在哪 |
[37:29] | Oh, I guess | 我想 |
[37:31] | right around there. | 就在这里 |
[37:32] | So what was the ground like before the lot was converted? | 那块地被改造之前是什么样的 |
[37:35] | Was there greenery? | 那里曾经有植物吗 |
[37:36] | Oh, maybe a weed or two. Other than that, | 可能有几丛杂草 除此之外 |
[37:39] | it was just a patch of hardscrabble dirt. | 那就是一小块贫瘠的土地 |
[37:41] | Excellent. | 很好 |
[37:43] | Why is that excellent? | 好在什么地方 |
[37:44] | Well, everything would have been planted | 所有树应该都是 |
[37:46] | at roughly the same time | 在这块地变成公园时 |
[37:49] | when the lot was converted into a park. | 一起种下的 |
[37:50] | So everything’s of uniform age. | 所有东西看起来都是一个年龄的 |
[37:54] | Well, except for this oak tree. | 除了这棵橡树 |
[37:57] | This tree’s the same age as the others, | 这棵树跟其他的树年龄一样 |
[37:58] | just taller and lusher and healthier. | 但是更高更繁茂更健康 |
[38:01] | Maybe it got more food than the other ones. | 也许它得到的养料比别的树多 |
[38:04] | Precisely. | 说得对 |
[38:06] | Something in the soil’s provided extra nutrients for this tree. | 土壤里有东西给它提供额外的营养 |
[38:11] | You think something was decomposing down there. | 你觉得下面有东西在腐烂 |
[38:14] | We’re gonna need the police, some men with shovels. | 我们得叫警察来 让他们带着铲子 |
[38:17] | But I think we might be standing | 但我觉得我们应该正站在 |
[38:19] | on the grave of Strawdog Jed. | 草狗杰德的坟墓上 |
[38:22] | Mr. Newell, on behalf of the City of New York, | 纽厄尔先生 作为纽约市的代表 |
[38:23] | we’d like to thank you for providing us | 我们感谢你为我们提供 |
[38:25] | with your fingerprints and your DNA sample. | 你的指纹和DNA样本 |
[38:28] | We are unable to link them to either the mass killings | 我们没能把它们和跟罗布勒黑帮 |
[38:31] | associated with the Robles Narcotics Cartel. | 有关的连环杀人案联系起来 |
[38:34] | So we wanted to apologize | 所以我们想为浪费 |
[38:37] | for any imposition on your time. | 你的时间而道歉 |
[38:39] | We appreciate that. | 非常感谢 |
[38:40] | However, we have been in touch | 但是 我们与纽约丹宁警察局 |
[38:43] | with the police department of Denning, New York. | 取得了联系 |
[38:46] | It seems that they have a new lead | 他们好像对一个名叫 |
[38:49] | in the disappearance of a man named | 杰德·艾珅的人的失踪案 |
[38:51] | Jed Eichen. | 有了新线索 |
[38:54] | You might remember him as “Strawdog Jed.” | 你应该记得他叫”草狗杰德” |
[38:56] | Turns out someone killed him. | 原来有人杀了他 |
[38:59] | Buried him right there in town. | 而且把他埋在了镇上 |
[39:01] | No hands. | 他的手没了 |
[39:03] | But we did find some hairs | 但我们找到了跟他埋在一起的 |
[39:06] | that weren’t Mr. Eichen’s buried right in there with him. | 一些不属于艾珅先生的头发 |
[39:10] | Care to guess whose DNA they matched? | 想猜猜跟谁的DNA相符吗 |
[39:13] | As part of a plea bargain, | 作为辩诉交易的一部分 |
[39:14] | New York resident Keith Newell confessed today | 纽约居民基斯·纽厄尔今天供认了 |
[39:14] | 重大新闻 罗布勒黑帮受雇杀手被捕 | |
[39:17] | to working as a hired gunman for the Robles Narcotics Cartel. | 为罗布勒黑帮当雇佣杀手的事实 |
[39:20] | It remains unclear | 目前还不清楚 |
[39:22] | exactly how many murders Newell… | 纽厄尔到底杀害了多少… |
[39:28] | Hi. | 你好 |
[39:30] | I’m here for Sherlock. | 我是来找夏洛克的 |
[39:36] | I’m sure he’ll be right up. | 他应该马上就上来了 |
[39:45] | We’ve hired a chef. | 我们为我的餐厅 |
[39:48] | For the restaurant. | 雇了一个主厨 |
[39:50] | That’s great. | 很好 |
[39:51] | We’ll be refining the menu over the next couple of days. | 这几天我们要重做菜单 |
[39:57] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[39:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:01] | I-I was wondering… | 我在想… |
[40:06] | …would you be my guest for the opening? | 能不能请你去参加餐厅开幕 |
[40:10] | Wow, that’s so nice. I would l… | 太好了 我很乐… |
[40:19] | Do you think that’s gonna complicate things? | 你觉得那会让事情更复杂吗 |
[40:23] | Look, uh… | 听着… |
[40:26] | setting aside the events of London, | 把伦敦发生的事放在一边 |
[40:27] | I’ve come to think of you | 我觉得你 |
[40:29] | as an extraordinary person. | 是一个很棒的人 |
[40:30] | I’m so grateful you’re in my brother’s life. | 我很感激你出现在我弟弟的生命里 |
[40:34] | And I would like very much the chance for you and I… | 而且我很希望能和你 |
[40:39] | to become friends. | 成为朋友 |
[41:05] | Marchioness. | 侯爵夫人 |
[41:06] | So, you’ll be pleased to hear I have reached out | 你应该很乐意知道 |
[41:09] | to certain attorneys known to associate with Joaquin Aguilar. | 我去找了华金·阿桂勒的律师 |
[41:13] | I made it quite clear that if any harm comes to you, | 我告诉他如果你受到任何伤害 |
[41:16] | I will expose the fact that Aguilar knowingly sold a foal | 我就会揭发阿桂勒 |
[41:19] | with fraudulent bloodlines. | 贩卖一匹伪造血统的马 |
[41:22] | I’m confident he’ll cut his losses. | 我相信他会慎重掂量的 |
[41:25] | You should be safe. | 你应该安全了 |
[41:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[41:31] | And what about me? | 那我该怎么办 |
[41:33] | Why, that’s up to my brother to decide. | 那取决于我哥哥想怎么办 |
[41:40] | You are, as of this moment, | 从现在开始你 |
[41:42] | out of the stud business. | 不能再做给马配种的生意了 |
[41:46] | You’re not gonna report me? | 你不打算揭发我吗 |
[41:47] | I’m not done. | 我还没说完 |
[41:49] | We’ve seen your records. | 我们看了你的记录 |
[41:51] | Between the insurance payments | 用你由道尔顿·拉德的死 |
[41:53] | you’ll get for Dalton Ladd’s death | 得到的保险金 |
[41:54] | and the money you’ve saved, you’ll have enough | 再加上你的存款 你有足够的钱 |
[41:55] | to repay the victims of your scam. | 赔偿那些受害人 |
[41:58] | You can keep the money Joaquin Aguilar gave you. | 你可以留着华金·阿桂勒给你的钱 |
[42:00] | Use it to fund a new, hopefully more respectable | 用那些钱开始一段正当一点的 |
[42:04] | start in life. | 新生活 |
[42:06] | Sherlock and I will, of course, oversee the repayments. | 我和夏洛克会监督那些补偿 |
[42:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[42:13] | It’s been lovely seeing you again, Nigella. | 很高兴能再见到你 尼盖拉 |
[42:17] | But if it’s all the same with you, | 但如果你不介意的话 |
[42:18] | I’d like to have a coffee with my brother. | 我想跟我弟弟喝杯咖啡 |
[42:34] | I won’t discuss the holidays, you know. | 我不会跟你讨论假期计划的 |
[42:37] | That’s fine. | 没关系 |
[42:38] | I’ve no interest in covering our past | 我可不想用乡愁掩盖 |
[42:39] | – in a glaze of nostalgia. – I accept your terms completely. | -我们的过去 -我完全接受 |
[42:45] | Where does that leave us, then? | 那我们应该聊点什么 |
[42:50] | What would you like to talk about? | 你想聊点什么 |