Skip to content

英美剧电影台词站

基本演绎法(Elementary)第2季第1集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on July 10, 2024 By taiciben_script_user No Comments on 基本演绎法(Elementary)第2季第1集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
目录
S01E01
S01E02
S01E03
S01E04
S01E05
S01E06
S01E07
S01E08
S01E09
S01E10
S01E11
S01E12
S01E13
S01E14
S01E15
S01E16
S01E17
S01E18
S01E19
S01E20
S01E21
S01E22
S01E23
S02E01
S02E010
S02E011
S02E02
S02E03
S02E04
S02E05
S02E06
S02E07
S02E08
S02E09
S02E12
S02E13
S02E14
S02E15
S02E16
S02E17
S02E18
S02E19
S02E20
S02E21
S02E22
S02E23
S02E24
S03E01
S03E02
S03E03
S03E04
S03E05
S03E06
S03E07
S03E08
S03E09
S03E10
S03E11
S03E12
S03E13
S03E14
S03E15
S03E16
S03E17
S03E18
S03E19
S03E20
S03E21
S03E22
S03E23
S03E24
S04E01
S04E02
S04E03
S04E04
S04E05
S04E06
S04E07
S04E08
S04E09
S04E10
S04E11
S04E12
S04E13
S04E14
S04E15
S04E16
S04E17
S04E18
S04E19
S04E20
S04E21
S04E22
S04E23
S04E24
S05E01
S05E02
S05E03
S05E04
S05E05
S05E06
S05E07
S05E08
S05E09
S05E10
S05E11
S05E12
S05E13
S05E14
S05E15
S05E16
S05E17
S05E18
S05E19
S05E20
S05E21
S05E22
S05E23
S05E24
S06E01
S06E02
S06E03
S06E04
S06E05
S06E06
S06E07
S06E08
S06E09
S06E10
S06E11
S06E12
S06E13
S06E14
S06E15
S06E16
S06E17
S06E18
S06E19
S06E20
S06E21
S07E01
S07E02
S07E03
S07E04
S07E05
S07E06
S07E07
S07E08
S07E09
S07E10
S07E11
S07E12
S07E13
时间 英文 中文
[00:01] We commend to Almighty God 我们将沃伦·彭德里的灵魂
[00:03] our brother Warren Pendry. 交托给无所不能的主
[00:06] Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust. 生于尘土 归于尘土
[00:11] The Lord bless him and keep him, 愿主赐福于他 保全他
[00:14] the Lord lift up his countenance upon him, and give him… 愿主面上的荣光普照他 赐予他…
[00:18] If the Lord had any sense at all, 要是主还有良知的话
[00:20] he would kick Warren Pendry right up his ass 他应该把沃伦·彭德里
[00:22] and send him to a very warm place indeed. 一脚踹到水深火热的地狱去
[00:25] This is a private ceremony. 这是场私人葬礼
[00:27] Leave now. 请你马上离开
[00:28] There’s an injunction against you. 我们已经申请了禁令
[00:30] You can’t be here. 你不能来这
[00:30] Not until I’ve paid my respects, Lawrence. 劳伦斯 等我凭吊完了再说
[00:32] So you prefer to be arrested? 所以你想被逮捕吗
[00:34] No, no, I’d prefer, 不 不 我想
[00:35] if you don’t mind, 如果你们不介意的话
[00:38] to finish my business! 先把我的事办完
[00:40] No, no, no, no, ladies and gentlemen, please. 别 别 别 女士们先生们
[00:42] Don’t go! Don’t run away! 别走 别急着逃跑
[00:44] I’m an officer of the law! 我可是警察
[00:46] Or at least I was an officer of the law, 好吧 至少我曾经是警察
[00:49] until this man’s dearly departed father 直到这个男人过世的父亲
[00:51] set an army of solicitors upon me, 请了一堆律师来对付我
[00:53] and they did a dance on my reputation, did they not? 肆意践踏我的声誉 没错吧
[00:56] You ruined your own career. 是你自毁了前程
[00:57] This man, ladies and gentlemen, 女士们先生们 这个男人
[00:59] this man standing before you, 这个站在你们眼前的男人
[01:00] he murdered his own wife Mary, 他谋杀了自己的妻子玛丽
[01:04] and this sorry sack of bones 正因为我想证明他的罪行
[01:06] spent God knows how much money 躺在棺材里这副老骨头
[01:07] slandering me for trying to bloody prove it! 花了不知多少钱来诽谤我
[01:12] My case against you, Lawrence, 劳伦斯 我对你的调查
[01:14] might be in tatters, 也许会不了了之
[01:15] but that doesn’t mean that he gets to go in the ground 但不代表他得以安心入土
[01:19] without somebody standing up 不会有人站出来
[01:20] and saying what he truly, truly was. 揭露他的真面目
[01:27] Hello, Warren. 你好啊 沃伦
[01:30] It’s me. 是我
[01:33] Lestrade. 雷斯垂德
[01:35] You thought you took the you-know-what out of me, didn’t you? 你以为从我这夺走了那东西 是吗
[01:39] You were wrong. 你错了
[02:01] You’re supposed to be at a meeting. 你不是该去互助会吗
[02:03] You receive my text? 你收到我的短信啦
[02:05] “In pursuit of pigeons. “为了追踪鸽子
[02:07] Need you Washington Square Park ASAP.” 请你速来华盛顿广场公园”
[02:10] What does that mean, exactly? 这到底是什么意思
[02:12] As I sat in that church basement, 我坐在那间教堂地下室的时候
[02:14] the droning of my fellow addicts 其他瘾君子唠唠叨叨的发言
[02:16] had a powerful hypnotic effect. 对我有着强烈的催眠作用
[02:18] I had a breakthrough. 突然让我灵光一现
[02:19] The problem at hand: 手头的这个案子
[02:20] three U.S. attorneys have been murdered in the last year, 三名美国律师在去年相继被谋杀
[02:22] all of them involved in the prosecution of a syndicate of pirates. 他们都参与过一起控告盗版组织的案件
[02:25] Yes, I know. I’m working on the case, too. 我知道 我也在查这个案子
[02:27] Well, precision in all things, Watson. 不能放过任何细节 华生
[02:29] When one is constructing a geometric proof, 就好比一个人在做几何证明题时
[02:30] one must occasionally review the givens. 必须不时地回顾一下已知条件
[02:33] We believe a man called Jeromir Tomsa 我们确信一个叫杰罗姆亚·汤沙的男人
[02:36] has been hired by the Syndicate 受那个组织的雇佣
[02:37] to carry out these murders. 实施了谋杀
[02:38] But we have no evidence 但我们没有证据证明
[02:40] linking him to the crimes or the Syndicate. 他和谋杀案或是那个组织的联系
[02:43] We have no idea how they are communicating. 我们不知道他们是怎么联系的
[02:45] Had no idea, I should say. 应该说 之前不知道
[02:48] What, you figured it out? 怎么 你想到了
[02:49] They use carrier pigeons. 他们用了信鸽
[02:52] Carrier pigeons. 信鸽
[02:53] I staked out Tomsa’s apartment, 我监视了汤沙的公寓
[02:55] Lo and behold, he had a visit from a bird 竟然发现 一只腿上绑着密信的
[02:57] with a message strapped round its foot. 鸽子飞进了他家
[02:59] He read the message, he scrawled a reply, 他读过密信之后 匆匆写下回复
[03:00] and he set the beast free. 然后放飞了那只鸽子
[03:02] I tracked it here. 我一路追踪它到这
[03:04] You can follow a pigeon? 你还能跟踪鸽子
[03:05] You can. 当然能
[03:07] Now it’s just a question of waiting to see 现在只需要守株待兔
[03:08] who comes along to read the message. 看谁来取这封密信了
[03:10] We’ll have our connection. 到时就能发现联络人了
[04:00] You’ve been tending to your self-defense. 你的防身术没白练
[04:02] Well done. 干得好
[04:11] Department’s got six guys grinding this case, 警署派了六个人钻研这个案子
[04:13] and you broke it open by following a bird. 但你却凭跟踪一只鸟就找到了突破口
[04:16] Mm. Lost track of it now, though. 是啊 不过现在跟丢了
[04:18] It’s a shame to see all that training go to waste. 让训练有素的鸽子白白浪费就太可惜了
[04:20] What are you gonna do with a carrier pigeon? 你要拿信鸽干什么
[04:21] You know what? I don’t want to know. Happy hunting. 算了 我没兴趣 祝你们捕鸟愉快
[04:24] Ms. Watson, can I take a statement? 华生小姐 能跟我录一下口供吗
[04:25] 英国 未知号码
[04:28] Sherlock Holmes. 夏洛克·福尔摩斯
[04:31] Y-Yes, I’m fine, thank you. 是的 我很好 多谢问候
[04:35] What? 什么
[04:40] Oh, yes, of course. 当然可以
[04:41] Straightaway. 即刻启程
[04:48] Do you have a current passport? 你的护照还在有效期吗
[04:50] Uh, yes. Why? 是的 怎么了
[04:51] Before I came to New York, 我来纽约之前
[04:52] I worked with an Inspector Lestrade at Scotland Yard. 曾和苏格兰场的雷斯垂德督查合作
[04:55] Just been informed he’s got himself in a spot of trouble. 有人刚通知我说他有麻烦了
[04:58] Needs my help. 需要我帮忙
[04:59] To give it to him, 为了帮他
[05:00] you and I will need to go to London. 咱俩得去一趟伦敦
[05:31] My relationship with Lestrade started as a marriage of convenience. 我和雷斯垂德的关系一开始只是互相利用
[05:35] When it came to those at Scotland Yard 苏格兰场中那群
[05:36] who agreed to work with me, 同意与我合作的人里
[05:38] he was the best of a bad bunch. 他勉强算最好的了
[05:40] He gave me access to sensitive cases, I gave him answers. 他给我敏感案件的资料 我帮他破案
[05:43] You never mentioned him before. 怎么你以前从没提过
[05:45] We were never really that close. 我们关系没那么亲密
[05:46] Besides the fact that as a detective, 虽然作为一个警探来说
[05:48] he was utterly adequate. 他完全够格
[05:50] I could, at times, be quite cutting 有时候可能是我
[05:51] in regards to his limitations. 对他的要求苛刻了些
[05:53] I was a different person back then; I was less warm. 那时的我和现在不同 没那么友善
[05:56] Hmm. Less? 现在算友善吗
[05:57] Because I prefer to work in anonymity, 因为我喜欢匿名工作
[05:59] the glory of my casework was accrued to him. 我破案的功劳都归到了他身上
[06:02] Over the years, he became 日积月累 他已经
[06:03] accustomed to the spotlight. 习惯了受人瞩目
[06:05] Inevitably, he began to… crave it. 不可避免的 他开始渴求名声
[06:08] You might say I turned him into an addict. 你也许会说是我让他上瘾了
[06:10] Unfortunately for him, 对他来说不幸的是
[06:11] by that time, I was myself 那个时候 我自己
[06:13] wrestling with my own far less metaphorical 也在跟我的毒瘾
[06:16] addictions. 作斗争
[06:18] So… 所以
[06:19] he was exposed. 他不再无所不能
[06:21] You feel guilty. 你觉得很内疚
[06:22] I’m well aware of the corrupting power of the spotlight. 我非常了解聚光灯的腐化能力
[06:24] I avoid it at all costs, 我不惜一切代价来避免它
[06:25] and yet I-I offered Lestrade up to it 可我把雷斯垂德推了出去
[06:27] like a sacrificial lamb. 就像替罪羊一样
[06:29] Was he the one who called you? 是他给你打电话的吗
[06:31] Nope. DCI Hopkins. 不 是刑侦督察霍普金斯
[06:33] Another ex-colleague. 另一个前同事
[06:35] He said, uh, 他说
[06:36] Lestrade had got himself into a spot of trouble, 雷斯垂德惹了麻烦
[06:38] issued a few threats. 成了危险分子
[06:39] The police have had trouble locating him, 警方没法找到他
[06:40] so our mutual friend 所以我们共同的朋友
[06:42] thought I might be able to lend a hand. 认为也许我能帮得上忙
[06:43] It sounds like this is very personal. 这好像是很隐私的事
[06:45] Are you sure you want me to come along? 你确定要让我一起去吗
[06:47] Well, without you, the airline might 如果没有你 航空公司可能会
[06:48] seat me next to a morbidly obese person. 让我坐在一个肥胖症患者旁边
[06:50] Or a child. 或者是个小孩
[06:51] Or a morbidly obese child. 或者是有肥胖症的小孩
[06:54] You know, when I first started working with you, 我刚开始陪护你的时候
[06:56] you mentioned that you left London in disgrace. 你说过你灰溜溜地离开了伦敦
[06:59] Have you thought about what it’s gonna be like 你想过你回去的时候
[07:01] when you go back there? 会是什么样吗
[07:03] I’m a different man now, Watson. 我已不是以前的我了 华生
[07:04] It’s a different city. 那座城市也不同了
[07:06] London is always a different city. 伦敦永远都在变化着
[07:57] You know, I was thinking, since we’re in London, 我在想 既然我们到了伦敦
[07:59] this might be a good opportunity to work on step nine. 这也许是我们进行第九步治疗的机会
[08:02] Step nine? You think I should start making amends 第九步 你觉得我应该现在
[08:04] to people I have harmed now? 对我伤害过的人进行补偿吗
[08:06] Well, this… this Lestrade guy seems like he qualifies. 这个叫雷斯垂德的人似乎正合适
[08:09] Holmes. 福尔摩斯
[08:11] DCI Hopkins. 霍普金斯督察
[08:13] Good to see you. 很高兴见到你
[08:15] Good God, man. 天啊 伙计
[08:16] – You look exactly the same. – As do you. -你看起来一点没变 -你也是
[08:19] Save for the fact that you’ve gained 除了你的体重增加了
[08:20] exactly one and a quarter stone 一点二五石[约8公斤]
[08:21] and your hairline’s receded half a centimeter. 还有你的发际线后退了半厘米
[08:23] Hey, you’re slipping. 你退步了哟
[08:25] I’ve gained exactly one and a half stone. 我长了整整一石半
[08:28] Oh, I’m not slipping; 不是退步了
[08:28] I’ve just grown more courteous. 只是更加委婉了
[08:33] His name’s Lawrence Pendry. 他叫劳伦斯·彭德里
[08:35] Son of Warren Pendry. 沃伦·彭德里的儿子
[08:37] British media mogul. 英国媒体大亨
[08:38] Owns half the papers in England. 拥有英国一半的报纸市场
[08:40] Owned. 曾经
[08:41] Died last week, heart attack. 他上周死了 心脏病
[08:42] But we’ll get to that. 一会我们再来说这个
[08:44] 13 months ago, Lawrence here, 13个月前 这个劳伦斯
[08:46] he dialed 999 to say that 打999报案说
[08:48] he and his wife walked in on 他和他妻子回家时
[08:49] an armed intruder in their home. 遇到了武装侵入者
[08:50] There was a struggle between Lawrence and the man, 劳伦斯和那个男人打了起来
[08:53] and the man’s weapon fired, killing Mary. 那人开枪杀了玛丽
[08:56] Lestrade caught the case, 雷斯垂德接了那个案子
[08:58] and he took an instant dislike to Pendry; 但他对彭德里很不满
[09:01] thought his statement sounded rehearsed, 觉得他的证词像是演练过
[09:03] convinced himself that the scene was staged. 他确信犯罪现场是人为布置的
[09:05] Trouble was, a neighbor heard the shot 问题在于 一个邻居6点33分时
[09:07] that killed Mary at exactly 18:33. 听到了杀死玛丽的枪声
[09:11] Pendry dialed 999 at 18:36. 彭德里在6点36分打了999
[09:14] Our first car arrived not five minutes later. 第一辆警车五分钟之内到达现场
[09:17] Yet no gun was recovered at the scene. 但现场没有发现枪
[09:20] So if Lawrence killed Mary, 所以如果是劳伦斯杀了玛丽
[09:22] then he had to get rid of the gun 那他得在八分钟的时间里
[09:23] in that eight-minute period. 把枪处理掉
[09:30] After you left for the States, Lestrade struggled. 在你去美国之后 雷斯垂德很痛苦
[09:33] Cut some corners… 常常陷入困境
[09:36] Whatever it took to close a case. 不惜用任何手段解决案子
[09:38] Warren Pendry proceeded to use his papers 而沃伦·彭德里用他的报纸
[09:40] to paint a very ugly picture, 大肆渲染污蔑
[09:42] not just of Lestrade, but of the Yard in general. 不光对雷斯垂德 也对整个苏格兰场
[09:45] DCS had no choice but to suspend Lestrade, 督察局不得不将雷斯垂德停职
[09:48] pending an investigation. 暂停了案件调查
[09:49] When was this? 这是什么时候的事
[09:50] Two weeks ago. Now, back to Warren… 两周前 现在说回沃伦
[09:52] His funeral was three days ago. 三天前他的葬礼上
[09:55] Lestrade used this to make an appearance. 雷斯垂德拿着这个出现了
[10:00] It’s a fake. 这是假的
[10:01] Nevertheless, it’s landed Lestrade in a whole new world of trouble. 尽管如此 它给雷斯垂德惹上了大麻烦
[10:05] There’s been a manhunt the last few days, 这几天我们一直在搜捕他
[10:07] but it’s turned up nothing. 但没有他的踪迹
[10:08] Do you think he did it? 你觉得是他干的吗
[10:09] At least two dozen mourners saw the whole thing. 至少有两打送葬的人目睹了全过程
[10:12] I’m not talking about Lestrade, I’m talking about Pendry. 我不是说雷斯垂德 我是说彭德里
[10:14] Either way, it’s not your concern. 不管怎样 都不是你该操心的
[10:15] I haven’t asked you here to consult, 我没有找你来当顾问
[10:17] I asked you here to find him. 我让你来找雷斯垂德
[10:20] DCI Hopkins! 霍普金斯督察
[10:22] We still on for our meeting? 我们的会还开吗
[10:24] Oh, Mr. Pendry, you’re early. 彭德里先生 你来早了
[10:26] Well, I am being stalked by all of your colleagues. 你的同事们一直在跟踪我
[10:27] You can’t blame me for being early for an update, can you? 你不能怪我提早来了解案情进展
[10:32] This is Mr. Holmes, who, with his associate 这是福尔摩斯先生和他的助手华生小姐
[10:35] Miss Watson, are assisting in our search for Gareth Lestrade. 他们在帮忙寻找加莱斯·雷斯垂德
[10:38] – Hi. – Hi. -你好 -你好
[10:40] I know you. 我知道你
[10:42] You’re Lestrade’s crutch. 你是雷斯垂德的帮手
[10:44] Sorry, it’s just… 对不起 只是
[10:45] over the course of the past year, 去年里
[10:46] my attorneys have been compelled to do 我的律师们做了很多
[10:47] quite a bit of research into Inspector Lestrade. 关于雷斯垂德督查的调查
[10:51] One of the many secrets they uncovered 他们发现的秘密之一
[10:52] was that you were the architect of his greatest successes. 就是他的成功归功于你
[10:54] You give me too much credit. 你过奖了
[10:55] I think you’re the one who gave too much credit. 我觉得是你过奖了
[10:58] Please don’t misunderstand me, Holmes, I… 请不要误解我 福尔摩斯 我
[11:00] You’re quite brilliant. 你很聪明
[11:02] I only wish you’d been with Lestrade the night Mary was killed. 真希望玛丽被杀那晚你也在场
[11:05] Maybe the real killer would be in prison… 那样也许真凶就能落网了
[11:08] and the inspector would still have his job. 而他现在也还在做他的督查
[11:17] So, uh, this is your old place? 这就是你以前的住所吗
[11:19] 221B is my original sanctum sanctorum. 221B是我最初的圣地
[11:23] It is the only aspect of my life in London that I have truly missed. 是我唯一真正想念伦敦生活的地方
[11:27] Before I left for New York, 在我前往纽约之前
[11:28] I came to an arrangement with an acquaintance, 我和一个叫吉泽·鲍勃的人
[11:31] Geezer Bob. 做了协议
[11:32] He’s been maintaining it in my absence. 我不在时 他来负责维护房子
[11:34] Hmm, it seems nice. 似乎不错
[11:38] What? 怎么了
[11:40] 221B is a good deal more than nice, Watson. 221B远远不只是不错
[11:44] I spent the best part of ten years transforming it 我花了最好的十年来把它变成一个
[11:46] into a virtual womb of creativity. 孕育创意的场所
[11:48] Stepping inside it isn’t unlike stepping inside my very brain. 走进这里正如走进我睿智的大脑
[11:51] You will no doubt see things 你将会看到令你疑惑
[11:52] that will confuse or even upset you. 甚至困扰的事情
[11:55] Odd experiments, 奇怪的实验
[11:55] texts in dead languages, 灭绝语种的经文
[11:57] trophies from old cases. 过往案件的战利品
[11:59] Does it have a bed? 这里有床吗
[12:00] Because the only thing I care about right now is sleeping. 因为我现在唯一关心的就是睡觉
[12:13] The inside of your brain is… 你的大脑里面
[12:15] kind of boring. 有点无聊
[12:16] These are not my things. 这些不是我的东西
[12:18] I’ve been betrayed. 我被背叛了
[12:19] Well, what do you expect from a guy named Geezer Bob? 对于叫吉泽·鲍勃的人 你还能指望什么
[12:22] I need to check upstairs! 我得上楼去看看
[12:35] Can I help you? 请问你有何贵干
[12:39] Geezer Bob? 你是吉泽·鲍勃吗
[12:40] No. 不是
[12:41] Would you care to explain what you’re doing in my home? 介意解释一下你为何出现在我家吗
[12:43] Watson, our rest is going to have to wait. 华生 我们得等下再休息了
[12:46] We need to locate… 我们需要把…
[12:47] Oh my… God. 我的… 天
[12:49] Mycroft. 麦考夫
[12:51] Hasn’t been that long, has it? 也没很久不见 是吧
[12:54] Um… would someone like to explain what’s going on here? 有人愿意解释下怎么回事吗
[12:58] Fatty, this is Watson. 胖胖 这是华生
[12:59] Watson, this is Fatty. 华生 这是胖胖
[13:01] Fatty? 胖胖
[13:03] I’d say I’d slimmed down quite a bit. Wouldn’t you? 我敢说我瘦了很多 你说呢
[13:05] – Lap-Band? – Exercise. -你做了胃束带手术 -是锻炼
[13:07] Exercise requires energy and ambition. 锻炼需要活力和志气
[13:09] You’ve never had either. 这两样你都没有
[13:11] Miss Watson. 华生小姐
[13:13] It’s… it’s nice to meet you. 很… 很高兴见到你
[13:15] I’m Mycroft. 我是麦考夫
[13:18] Mycroft Holmes. 麦考夫·福尔摩斯
[13:19] I’m Sherlock’s brother. 我是夏洛克的哥哥
[13:32] I can’t believe that my father gave 221B to Mycroft. 真不敢相信我父亲竟把221B给了麦考夫
[13:36] He knows how much this place means to me. 他知道这里对我意义非凡
[13:38] It’s his building, Sherlock. 夏洛克 这是他的房产
[13:39] He can do whatever he wants. 他可以随意支配
[13:40] Frankly, I’m more interested in the fact 说实话 我更感兴趣的是
[13:42] that you never mentioned that you had a brother. 你从未提起你有个哥哥
[13:45] Why would I? 提他干嘛
[13:46] Um, because he’s family? 因为他是你的家人
[13:49] Our relationship is entirely genetic. 我们仅仅限于血缘关系
[13:52] He’s an embarrassment. 他是个累赘
[13:53] Oh, apparently your father doesn’t think so. 很明显你父亲不这么想
[13:56] I-Is that why you don’t like him? 这就是你不喜欢他的原因吗
[13:59] Because he gets along with your dad? 因为他和你爸相处融洽
[14:00] I don’t like him ’cause he’s lazy. 我不喜欢他是因为他懒
[14:02] And he’s never applied himself to anything. 他从来不做正事
[14:04] What do you mean? 什么意思
[14:05] As soon as he was able, 他只要一有机会
[14:06] he cashed in his trust fund. 就从信托基金中拿钱
[14:07] He opened several restaurants around London. 他在伦敦周边开了好几家餐厅
[14:10] Okay, so he’s a restauranteur… 那他就是餐厅老板
[14:11] No, he’s an indolent man-child, 不 他就是个懒惰的啃老族
[14:13] and if I’d had my druthers, 如果让我选择
[14:14] you would never have crossed paths with him. 你和他完全不会产生交集
[14:15] – Well, we’re here now… – Tea? -可我已经见到了 -喝茶吗
[14:19] Help yourself. 请自便
[14:22] What have you done with my things? 你把我的东西弄哪去了
[14:24] Charity shops. 捐给慈善商店了
[14:25] You’re joking. 开什么玩笑
[14:26] I reached out to you several times 你在纽约时
[14:27] in New York to make arrangements. 我几次联系你想商量处理此事
[14:29] You never got back to me. 你都没有回应
[14:30] I was in rehab. 当时我在戒毒所
[14:32] They don’t have phones in rehab? 戒毒所没有电话吗
[14:34] See what I mean? Lazy. 看到了吧 就是懒
[14:36] Could have had my things properly stored, but didn’t. 本可以把我的东西妥善保管 但却没有
[14:39] Must I confess, 我必须承认
[14:40] I don’t enjoy being ambushed in my own home. 我不喜欢在自己家被人搞突袭
[14:42] It’s a pleasure to meet you, Joan. 乔恩 很高兴见到你
[14:43] My father’s mentioned you several times. 我父亲曾多次提起你
[14:45] May I call you Joan? 我可以叫你乔恩吗
[14:46] Yes, of course. 当然可以
[14:48] It’s funny that Sherlock’s never mentioned me to you. 夏洛克从未向你提起我 这真奇怪
[14:50] I wonder why that might be? 很好奇是为什么呢
[14:53] Th-This again? Seriously? 又提这事 有没有搞错
[14:54] Maybe it’s because the last time I saw him 也许是因为上次我看到他时
[14:56] he was face-deep in my fianc? 他正和我的未婚妻在亲热
[14:59] – What? – It was five years ago, right? -什么 -那都五年了 对吧
[15:02] I had deduced that she was far less interested in him 我推断他的未婚妻 对家产的兴趣
[15:04] than in the family fortune. 比对他兴趣大
[15:06] I tried to warn him. He wouldn’t listen. 我试过警告他 但是他不听
[15:07] So I set about proving my hypothesis. 所以我就去证实我的假设
[15:09] Seven times, if memory serves. 如果我没记错 是七次
[15:11] Once in a pod on the London Eye. 有一次是在伦敦眼的观光舱里
[15:14] I did you a favor. 我是在帮你
[15:15] You did what you wanted, Sherlock. 你是为了一己私欲
[15:19] Just like you always do. 你一向如此
[15:25] I’m jet-lagged, Sherlock. 夏洛克 我在倒时差
[15:27] So if we’re not gonna stay here, 所以如果我们不打算住在这
[15:29] we need to find a hotel. 就去找家宾馆吧
[15:30] Nonsense. 荒谬
[15:33] Sherlock and I may have our differences, 我和夏洛克也许有诸多分歧
[15:34] but we’re still family. 但我们还是一家人
[15:37] You can both stay in the guest rooms. 你们可以住在客房
[15:43] We’ve been up for over 20 hours. 我们已经20多个小时没睡了
[15:46] It’s nice here. 这里挺好的
[15:47] Fine, fine. 好吧 好吧
[15:49] Only because time is of the essence. 仅仅因为时间紧迫
[15:51] Good. 很好
[15:53] I’ll fetch you some fresh towels. 我给你们拿些干净的毛巾来
[15:55] Thank you so much. 非常感谢
[15:57] – Right. – Where are you going? -对了 -你要去哪里
[15:59] I’ve devised a theory as to how to find Lestrade. 我已经想到一个找出雷斯垂德的办法了
[16:01] I’d like to test it. 我想测试一下
[16:03] You stay here. Rest. 你待在这 好好休息吧
[16:28] This is your idea of lamming it, is it? 你对潜逃的理解就是这样吗
[16:32] A few pints in the heart of Greenwich? 在格林威治中心地带喝上几杯
[16:39] So the… 这么说来
[16:41] prodigal detective returns. 浪子侦探回归了
[16:50] And how-how-how’d you find me? 你是怎…怎么找到我的
[16:53] Once I learned you hadn’t withdrawn any cash, 当我知道你没有取任何现金时
[16:55] I had a good notion what you were up to. 我就知道你要干什么了
[16:57] You and I looked into the matter 你和我一块调查了
[16:59] of the Norwood Builder together, didn’t we? 诺伍德建造商一案 对吗
[17:01] And during the course of that investigation, 在调查过程中我向你透露
[17:02] I revealed to you that I kept five hidden caches 我有五个隐秘地点
[17:05] around the city. 遍布市内
[17:07] In case of emergencies. 是为紧急情况准备的
[17:09] Cash, various passports, other sundries, 现金 各种护照 还有其他杂物
[17:11] stood to reason you’d make use of those in your hour of need. 我猜你在急需之时会加以利用
[17:14] Four of the five have been cleaned out. 五个中的四个已经被拿空了
[17:16] The fifth is in a hollowed-out sculpture on the grounds 第五个在街对面图书馆前空地上的
[17:19] of the library across the street, 一个空心雕塑中
[17:21] and will be difficult to access 但在保安下班之前
[17:23] until the security guard goes off-duty. 很难得手
[17:26] Actually, you know, I’m-I’m-I’m quite pleased you’re here really. 其实你能来这里 我挺开心的
[17:30] I think you’d be most impressed 我觉得你会非常欣赏
[17:32] with all the work that I’ve done. 我所做的事
[17:33] I am not here to consult on the case of Lawrence Pendry. 我不是来做劳伦斯·彭德里案的顾问的
[17:36] I am here to make quite certain 我来这里是为了确保
[17:38] that you emerge from hiding 你能在不伤害自己
[17:40] without harming yourself 和其他人的同时
[17:42] or anyone else. 不再躲躲藏藏
[17:44] I felt I owed you that for all the years of work 我觉得这算是咱们合作这么多年
[17:47] that we did together, so… 我欠你的 所以…
[17:49] Are you going to come to Scotland Yard with me? 你要跟我一起去苏格兰场吗
[17:52] Or shall I call them here? 还是我把他们叫到这里来
[18:00] So, who you working with in New York then? 你在纽约跟谁合作呢
[18:02] Captain Thomas Gregson. 托马斯·格雷森警监
[18:03] Good detective, good man. 好警探 是个好人
[18:05] – Not as sharp as you, obviously. – Nice. -明显没有你犀利 -说得好
[18:09] What are you… what are you doing? 你…你要干什么
[18:11] Well, the security man is off, 保安已经下班了
[18:14] so I thought I might go and get myself a little bit of cash. 我觉得我可以去拿点现金去
[18:16] Aw, don’t… Just get… 别 你下来
[18:17] Get off me! 放手
[18:24] You’re being ridiculous. 你这么做真荒谬
[18:25] This is my case. 这是我的案子
[18:27] I’m gonna be there when Pendry is nicked. 我一定会把彭德里捉拿归案的
[18:31] I mean, how many… how many times did you follow some… 想想看你有多少次采用那些…
[18:32] some bonkers theory… 那些疯狂的理论
[18:36] and you’d find that it was a complete 然后发现那全都是
[18:37] and utter bloody waste of time? 彻底地浪费时间
[18:38] What, 50, what, a hundred times? 有五十次 上百次吧
[18:41] See, I never got the chance to follow my muse. 我一直没机会跟着我的思路走
[18:44] I never even had the chance to have an opinion. 我甚至没有机会说出自己的想法
[18:47] Look, I acknowledge I was not always the most attentive 听着 我承认我不总是同事里
[18:50] of colleagues. 最体贴的那个
[18:52] It’s actually something I’m taking steps to improve. 这正是我正在设法改进的地方
[18:55] And what good does that do me? 这对我有什么好处呢
[18:57] Well… You can turn me in. 你可以告发我
[18:59] You can do whatever you want to do. 你想怎么做都行
[19:01] Personally… 从我个人来讲
[19:03] what I would prefer, Sherlock, 夏洛克 我更希望
[19:06] is that if you and I could work together just one last time. 你和我能最后再合作一次
[19:18] One of my suppliers from the restaurant– I’ll be a moment. 是我餐馆的一个供货商 马上就好
[19:21] Puri,quoi qu’il en soit envoyer moi la facteur. 不过还是派个送货员过来给我吧
[19:26] Au revoir. 再见
[19:28] Sorry. 不好意思
[19:29] Um, have you seen Sherlock anywhere? 你看见夏洛克了吗
[19:32] He never came home last night. 他昨晚没有回家
[19:34] Are you sure? 你确定吗
[19:35] His bed was undisturbed. 他的床很整洁
[19:36] You live with him. 你跟他住在一起
[19:38] Surely you know he’d never sleep in it, then make it. 肯定知道他不会睡完之后铺床的
[19:41] Yeah, I guess I’ll try calling him. 对 也许我该给他打个电话
[19:44] You must be learning a great deal from him. 你肯定从他那儿学了不少东西吧
[19:47] I am. 确实
[19:49] How else would you put up with him? 不然你怎么能容忍他啊
[19:51] Uh, I don’t “put up” with him. 我不是在容忍他
[19:54] We get along, basically. 我只是跟他处得来
[19:57] He’s a friend. 他是我的朋友
[19:58] Sherlock doesn’t have friends. 夏洛克没有朋友
[20:01] Yesterday I would’ve told you he doesn’t have a brother. 昨天我还会告诉你他没有哥哥呢
[20:03] But he does. 但是他有
[20:07] Does he? 他有吗
[20:09] He’s changed a lot. 他改变了许多
[20:11] People often say that about addicts, don’t they? 人们经常这么说瘾君子 对吧
[20:13] “He’s changed, he’s better now.” 他变了 他现在好多了
[20:16] Sherlock is addicted to being himself. 让夏洛克上瘾的是做他自己
[20:21] Our boy? 是他吗
[20:22] Yeah, he’s fine. 对 他没事
[20:24] Uh, I’m gonna get dressed, 我要去换衣服了
[20:26] and, uh, I’ll go meet him. 然后 我要去见他
[20:36] Why are we in an abandoned theater? 为什么我们会来一家废弃的剧院
[20:39] These places come and go as public subsidies wax and wane. 这种地方随着政府资助的不定或兴盛或倒塌
[20:43] A good place to hide, if you are a fugitive. 但对逃犯来说是个藏身的好地方
[20:46] Fugitive? 逃犯
[20:48] Joan Watson, meet Gareth Lestrade, 乔恩·华生 来见见加莱斯·雷斯垂德
[20:51] late of Scotland Yard. 苏格兰场的前警探
[20:54] Pleasure. Hi. 真是荣幸 你好
[20:58] Yeah, hi. 嗯 你好
[21:00] Okay, you found him and then you came back to 好吧 你找到了他然后跟着他
[21:02] his lair with him. 回到了他的老巢
[21:03] Is there any particular reason 有什么特别理由
[21:04] why you haven’t called the police? 让你没去报警吗
[21:06] Yes. Milk. 有 牛奶
[21:09] Lawrence Pendry is lactose intolerant; 劳伦斯·彭德里有乳糖不适症
[21:12] his wife Mary, a committed vegan; 他的妻子玛丽是一个严格的素食主义者
[21:13] so why, then, is there a bottle of milk in their fridge? 那为什么他们的冰箱里会有瓶牛奶呢
[21:17] – Guests? – Perhaps. -给客人的 -有可能
[21:19] Uh, miss, no offense, 小姐 请勿见怪
[21:20] but could you give him a little bit of space, please? 但能请你给他一点空间吗
[21:23] Because he’s doing that thing. 因为他要开始做那个了
[21:24] You know, when he’s on to something, 当他在思考案件突破时
[21:25] he does that-that thing. 他做的那种事
[21:26] Yes, I-I know that thing. 是的 我知道他的习惯
[21:31] You didn’t tell me that one of your brother’s restaurants 你没告诉我你哥哥的餐厅
[21:32] had two Michelin Stars. 有两颗米其林星
[21:35] I didn’t tell you that my brother was a corporal entity. 我也没告诉你我哥哥是一名下士
[21:38] You’ve been chatting with Mycroft? 你和麦考夫聊天了
[21:40] Yes, he wants to take me to dinner. 是的 他想请我吃晚餐
[21:43] – What? – He intends to bed you. -怎么 -他想睡你
[21:46] Retaliation for my misadventures with his fiance? 以报复我和她未婚妻之间的不快
[21:49] Misadventures is not the word that I would use. 我可不会说那是不快
[21:52] You are attracted to Mycroft. 你被麦考夫吸引了
[21:54] Um, no, I’m not. 不 我没有
[21:56] Hm. Makes a certain amount of sense. 这有一定的道理
[21:58] It’s classic transference. 这是典型的移情
[21:59] You wouldn’t be sleeping with him. 你不是在和他睡
[22:00] Psychologically speaking, you’d be sleeping with me. 从心理角度讲 你是在和我睡
[22:03] Oh, you surely thought about it. 你肯定这么想过
[22:05] You can’t go to bed with me. 你不能和我睡
[22:06] We’re business partners 我们是生意伙伴
[22:07] and you’re my former sober companion. 而且你还是我的前康戒陪护
[22:09] But you can sleep with a cheap knockoff version of me, 但是你可以和廉价的山寨版的我睡
[22:12] and that is Mycroft. 也就是麦考夫
[22:14] I don’t even know 我都不知道
[22:14] what I’m supposed to be looking for in here. 我要找的是什么
[22:17] One of these ma… one of these masks is out of place. 这其中…其中一个面具位置不对
[22:26] They look pretty well lined up to me. 我看排列得都挺好的
[22:28] Yes, well, they are “Pretty well lined up,” 是的 是排列得挺好
[22:30] but they were… 但之前
[22:33] perfectly lined up. 是排列得很完美
[22:35] Mary Pendry took this photograph of herself 玛丽·彭德里拍了这张照片
[22:37] and e-mailed it to a friend, 并发给了一个朋友
[22:38] just hours before she died. 就在她被害前几个小时
[22:40] In it, the third mask from the left 在照片里 从左边数第三个面具
[22:41] is perfectly in line with its compatriots. 还和其他面具完美地排列在一起
[22:44] But this one, it’s just a little bit lower. 但是在这张里 就稍微低了一点
[22:47] Did you notice this at the scene? 你在现场注意到了吗
[22:49] The murder weapon could be hidden here. 凶器可能就藏在里面
[22:50] Eh, did I notice the discrepancy? 我有没有注意到这个不一致
[22:52] No. 没有
[22:53] But we’re not complete idiots. 但我们也不是很傻
[22:54] We did check behind the mask, 我们检查过面具的后面
[22:56] and there was no gun there. 里面没有枪
[22:57] I need to examine this room. 我得去查查那间房子
[22:59] Well, this is not our case. 这不是我们的案子
[23:00] Pendry’s not gonna just let us walk in there. 彭德里不会轻易让我们进去的
[23:02] Well, he will when I tell him that I almost 他会的 如果我告诉他我差一点
[23:04] caught his enemy Lestrade, 就抓住了他的敌人雷斯垂德
[23:05] and I found a suicide note that he was writing 并找到了写着他要杀害
[23:07] in which he indicates his intention to murder Lawrence Pendry. 劳伦斯·彭德里的遗书
[23:11] But I haven’t written any suicide notes. 但我没写过什么遗书
[23:13] Not yet you haven’t. 只是暂时还没写
[23:15] “I die knowing that I brought justice to Mary. “知道我为玛丽伸张了正义”
[23:20] I die vindicated, a true policeman.” “我死也无憾 我是一名真正的警察”
[23:23] Do you actually think he’ll follow through? 你觉得他真的会来杀我吗
[23:24] Difficult to say. 不好说
[23:26] You might want to take different routes to your office. 你最好走别的路去办公室
[23:28] Inform your security. 通知你的保安
[23:29] I’m-I’m sure that the police will be happy to send someone over. 我相信警方也会很乐意派个人来
[23:32] With all due respect, I’m protecting myself 无意冒犯 但我正在
[23:34] from a member of the police. 防范一个警察
[23:35] I’m hardly likely to invite more of them into my home. 我不大可能让更多警察来我家
[23:39] Thank you for bringing this to my attention. 谢谢你告诉我这件事
[23:41] We’ll take every precaution. 我们会采取力所能及的预防措施
[23:44] Was there something else? 还有别的事吗
[23:46] Well… 那个…
[23:47] Miss Watson first came to my attention 华生小姐最初引起我的注意
[23:49] as America’s foremost expert 就是因为她是美国的
[23:51] on home security, so… 家庭安保首席专家 所以…
[23:53] perhaps she could take a look around, hmm? 或许可以让她在你家转转
[23:55] See if everything’s up to snuff. 看看是否一切都达到了标准
[23:58] I suppose so. 我想可以
[24:00] Thank you. 谢谢
[24:03] It’s what I do. 我就是做这个的
[24:06] We’ve got motion detectors at each end of the corridors, 每条走廊两端都有移动探测器
[24:09] security nodes on all the windows. 所有窗户都有安全节点
[24:13] Well, Miss Watson, what do you think? 华生小姐 您觉得怎样
[24:16] It’s secure. 很安全
[24:18] It’s very secure. 非常安全
[24:19] High praise indeed, from the likes of her. 她能这么说就是很高的评价了
[24:23] Don’t know what else there is to say. 不知道还有什么好说的
[24:26] Again, shatterproof glass, 这些也是防碎玻璃
[24:28] security nodes on all the windows. 所有窗户上装有安全节点
[24:30] And what is the floodlight situation on the windows? 窗户上的照明灯情况怎样
[24:33] Fully covered, of course. 当然全部覆盖了
[24:35] Motion-sensitive. 运动感应
[24:36] We replace the bulbs the minute they go out. 灯泡一坏我们就换
[24:39] Excuse me. What are you doing? 不好意思 你在干什么
[24:41] I’m so sorry. So sorry. 抱歉 非常抱歉
[24:43] I just, uh… I love folk art. 我只是…很喜欢民间艺术
[24:49] Thank you very much. 非常感谢
[24:50] We’ll be in touch when we have Lestrade. 抓到雷斯垂德再和您联系
[24:52] Yes. 是的
[24:59] You had to tell him I was the number one home security expert? 你一定要说我是最好的家庭安保专家吗
[25:02] You couldn’t have told him 你就不能说
[25:03] I was number eight or something? 我是第八好或者第几好的吗
[25:04] You acquitted yourself admirably. 你表现得非常好
[25:06] Anyway, it was time well spent. 不管怎样 挺有收获的
[25:08] You found something? 你发现什么了吗
[25:10] Lestrade was right. 雷斯垂德是对的
[25:10] Lawrence Pendry did kill his wife. 劳伦斯·彭德里确实杀了他的妻子
[25:13] I know exactly how he did it. 我已经知道他是怎么做的了
[25:22] Thirteen months ago, a neighbour heard 十三个月前 一个邻居
[25:23] the shot which took Mary Pendry’s life 在六点三十三分听到了
[25:25] at exactly 6:33. 杀死玛丽·彭德里那声枪响
[25:26] Yes, I know this. I know all of this. 对 我知道 这些我都知道
[25:28] I just want to know what you found in that bastard’s house. 我就想知道你在那混蛋的家里发现了什么
[25:30] The primary reason you were never able 你没法立案调查彭德里
[25:32] to build a case against Pendry 最主要的原因
[25:34] was that you could not find the murder weapon. 就是你没能找到凶器
[25:36] I humbly submit that it was in the kitchen the entire time. 以我的愚见 凶器一直都在厨房里
[25:41] No, you see, that’s bollocks, 不 你在胡说八道
[25:42] ’cause we turned the whole house upside down. 我们把整座房子翻了个遍
[25:44] There was absolutely no gun. 的的确确没有枪
[25:46] That’s because you made the mistake of looking for a gun. 那是因为你们就不该找枪
[25:51] This is the weapon that I believe 我觉得这才是
[25:53] Pendry used to kill his wife. 彭德里用来杀妻的凶器
[25:55] A plastic gun. 一把塑料枪
[25:58] You’re absolutely right. 你说得太对了
[25:59] Yes, I did see one of those, actually. 我的确看过这么一把枪
[26:00] It was in the cutlery drawer. 就在餐厅抽屉里
[26:01] Thought it was a toy, so I left it alone. 我以为是个玩具 就没理会
[26:04] You think I’m daft? 你当我傻吗
[26:05] What, you think I wouldn’t recognize a plastic gun? 你以为我会不认得塑料手枪吗
[26:08] We don’t think it looked like that 我们认为在你到达时
[26:10] by the time you got there; 它已经不是枪的样子了
[26:11] we think it looked like this. 我们认为它当时是这样的
[26:14] I don’t believe that it was milk in that bottle. 我认为这里面不是牛奶
[26:16] I believe it was acetone. 我认为里面是丙酮
[26:18] Acetone? 丙酮吗
[26:20] He used acetone to melt the gun. 他利用丙酮融化塑料手枪
[26:24] The crime, as I see it, 我对这起犯罪的理解是
[26:25] Pendry shoots his wife at 6:33. 彭德里在6点33分开枪杀死了他的妻子
[26:28] He the disassembles his weapon and he drops the pieces 之后他把手枪拆掉
[26:30] into a bottle he’s filled with acetone. 并把零件放入丙酮中
[26:32] He then dials 999 at 6:36 6点36分他报警说
[26:35] to report that his wife has been murdered by an intruder. 自己的妻子被入室者杀害
[26:38] The acetone, meanwhile, is dissolving 与此同时 丙酮正在溶解
[26:39] the gun he used to murder her, 他杀害妻子时所使用的枪
[26:40] leaving nothing but a milk-like liquid in the bottle 在冰箱中变成了一瓶
[26:43] in his refrigerator. 看似牛奶的液体
[26:45] It’s unbelievable. 这真不可思议
[26:47] You know all of this from a photograph of a pint of milk? 你竟从一张牛奶的照片中读出这么多信息
[26:51] And a nail. 还有一枚钉子
[26:53] It’s illegal for a gun company 手枪公司制作塑料手枪
[26:55] to make or manufacture a plastic weapon. 是违法行为
[26:57] But with advances in 3-D printing, 但是有了3D打印技术的帮助
[26:59] it makes it possible for anyone with the right specs 任何一个人 只要有合适的零件
[27:02] to build one in the comfort of their own home. 都可以在自己家中制作塑料手枪
[27:04] They only need one piece of metal to make it work: 他们只需一块金属就可以开枪
[27:07] a nail to act as the firing pin. 用一枚钉子来做撞针
[27:09] Now, Pendry couldn’t very well melt a nail, could he? 但彭德里没办法融化钉子
[27:11] So he hid it in plain sight. 所以他将钉子藏在别处
[27:13] He used it to re-hang one of the masks 在警察到来之前
[27:15] in the living room before the police arrived. 他用钉子重新悬挂了客厅的面具
[27:17] That’s why it was hanging 这也就是为什么第三个面具
[27:18] lower than the others. He did the work in a hurry. 比其他的低 他当时很着急
[27:21] When I examined that nail today, 今天我检查钉子的时候
[27:23] I noticed that the tip was slightly charred. 发现钉尖处有些烧焦
[27:26] Carbon scoring 因发射子弹
[27:28] from where it struck the bullet. 而产生的碳化现象
[27:32] I was right. 我是对的
[27:34] I always knew it, you see? I always knew. 我就知道是这样 我就知道
[27:36] I just didn’t… I… 我只是没有… 我…
[27:37] I need to take this case to Hopkins. 我要告诉霍普金斯
[27:41] And I don’t care if he… he bangs me up 我不管他是否会因为我
[27:43] for what I did at the funeral. 在葬礼上的所作所为而拘禁我
[27:45] I just want to see that bastard rot! 我只想让那个混蛋得到应有的惩罚
[27:47] All we have is a nail with a blackened tip. 我们手上的证据只是一枚尖部发黑的钉子
[27:50] Any number of reasons that could have happened. 产生这一现象的原因有很多种
[27:53] The gunshot residue would have worn off ages ago. 射击残留物也早就不存在了
[27:56] We have no way to prove that it was ever part of a weapon. 我们没法证明钉子是枪的一部分
[28:00] If we are to undo him, 如果想要逮捕他
[28:02] we need to find out more about how and where 我们需要找出他是在何处 又是如何
[28:06] he made that gun. 制作塑料枪的
[28:08] London, like New York, is a beacon of freedom 伦敦和纽约一样 自由度很高
[28:11] and a target for terrorists. 同时也是恐怖分子的目标
[28:13] It is, as a consequence, 因此 伦敦也就成为
[28:15] one of the most observed cities in the world. 全球监控设备最多的城市之一
[28:18] Its network of thousands upon thousands of CCTV cameras 它有成千上万台监控摄像机
[28:22] track the movements of its citizens, 观察着市民的一举一动
[28:24] looking for anything at all out of place. 查看任何可疑行为
[28:26] Yeah, I noticed. They’re kind of everywhere. 我注意到了 摄像头无处不在
[28:28] Mm. Now I know for a fact 我肯定的是
[28:30] that some of England’s network of watchmen 监控摄像机后的监视人员
[28:31] verge on the competent. 能力非凡
[28:33] I would wager that, like us, they’re aware 我打赌 和我们一样 他们很清楚
[28:35] of the new and deadly advances in 3-D printing. 新型3D打印机的致命威力
[28:38] I would also wager that the nation’s gun-averse 我也打赌 那些反对枪支
[28:41] and ever-more-paranoid security apparatus 神经高度紧张的安全机构
[28:44] are tracking the sales of 3-D printers. 会追踪3D打印机的销售流向
[28:48] Would you mind? 帮我拿会儿
[28:49] If they are, it should be a simple matter 如果如我所说 只要简单地
[28:50] of consulting their database, 查查他们的数据库
[28:52] see if we can connect one to Pendry. 看看其中有无跟彭德里相关的即可
[28:56] Can’t you just call this guy? 你不能给他打个电话吗
[28:58] Hasn’t owned a phone since they became GPS-capable. 自从手机可以GPS定位后 他就不用了
[29:00] He doesn’t like the idea that one could be used to track him. 他不喜欢被别人追踪到
[29:03] Now what? 现在怎么办
[29:05] Now we wait. 现在我们慢慢等
[29:11] 你好 我是夏洛克·福尔摩斯 我有消息要告诉兰代尔·派克 我需要过去两年中所有3D打印机的购买信息
[29:19] We’ve been here for over four hours. 我们已经在这待了四个小时了
[29:21] Are you sure you’re just not using this as an excuse 你确定你不是在利用这个借口
[29:23] so I don’t have dinner with your brother? 阻止我和你哥哥共进晚餐吗
[29:24] I’ve decided I don’t have a problem with it. 我对这个没意见
[29:26] What, dinner? 对共进晚餐吗
[29:27] The retaliatory sex. 报复性性行为
[29:29] You’re an adult. You can do as you please. 你是个成年人了 你可以随心所欲
[29:30] Might even be good for you. Clear your mind. 也许对你是好事 放松头脑
[29:32] You know what? For the last time, 我最后再说一次
[29:33] no one is having sex with anyone, okay? 没有谁要和谁上床 好吗
[29:36] He wants to get to know me because I am your partner. 他想要了解我是因为我是你的搭档
[29:39] I want to get to know him because he is your brother. 我想了解他是因为他是你的哥哥
[29:41] You hope to learn secrets from my childhood. 你想从他那里了解我小时候的秘密
[29:43] Mycroft will be of little use. 麦考夫对这个没什么帮助
[29:45] We went to separate boarding schools. 我们念不同的寄宿学校
[29:46] Oh! Hey, cheers! 喂 你好啊
[29:48] Congratulations, Watson. 恭喜你 华生
[29:50] You just met Langdale Pike. 你刚见到了兰代尔·派克
[29:58] Wow, looks like the 3-D printing business has been good. 看起来3D打印机生意不错
[30:01] Mm. I shall let you know 如果我和雷斯垂德查到线索
[30:03] What… what, you’re ditching me? 你要扔下我吗
[30:03] if Lestrade and I find anything. 会通知你的
[30:04] I’m conducting an experiment. 我在进行一项实验
[30:06] I’m curious to know which of us is right about my brother. 我想知道我们俩对我哥哥的猜测谁对谁错
[30:08] My money’s on me. 我押我自己
[30:09] Bon appetit. 祝你有个好胃口
[30:13] Hello? 有人在吗
[30:15] Joan! 乔恩
[30:17] Right on time. 来的真是时候
[30:18] I was, uh, digging around in the cellar. 我正在地窖里找酒
[30:20] Wasn’t sure whether you liked red or white, 不知道你喜欢红酒还是白酒
[30:22] so I excavated a bottle of both. 所以我各拿了一瓶
[30:25] Um, is the restaurant closed tonight? 饭店今晚不营业吗
[30:28] My prettiest eatery by far, 这是我最美丽的一家小饭店
[30:29] but the acoustics are rubbish. 但隔音效果很差
[30:30] This way we’ll have a decent conversation. 只有不营业 我们才能好好聊聊
[30:35] You know there’s nothing happening here, right? 你明白我们之间不会发生什么 对吧
[30:40] You thought this was a romantic engagement? 你认为这是一次浪漫的约会
[30:44] It’s not? 不是吗
[30:45] Please sit down. 请坐
[30:53] There’s something I wanted 有些事我想
[30:54] to discuss with you in private. 跟你私下谈谈
[30:56] I thought it was a conversation best lubricated 我觉得这次谈话应该
[30:59] with good food and good wine. 有美食和美酒相伴
[31:07] I, um… 我…
[31:11] lied to Sherlock yesterday when I told him 昨天对夏洛克说谎了
[31:14] I’d lost weight via exercise. 我不是通过锻炼减轻的体重
[31:16] The truth is… 事实是…
[31:17] You were sick. 你生病了
[31:21] I noticed the scars on your wrist this morning. 我今早注意到了你手腕上的疤痕
[31:24] Graft-versus-host? 移植手术后遗症吗
[31:27] You had a bone marrow transplant 你在过去两年里的某个时间
[31:29] some time in the last… two years? 接受了骨髓移植
[31:33] If I didn’t know you were an ex-surgeon, 要不是我知道你以前当过医生的话
[31:34] I’d say you’ve been spending too much time with my brother. 我会觉得你跟我弟弟相处时间太久了
[31:39] That’s actually what I wanted to discuss with you this evening; 其实这正是我今晚想跟你谈的事
[31:43] time with my brother. 如何跟我弟弟相处
[31:46] You’re right, of course, about everything. 当然 所有的事你都说对了
[31:48] I was sick, very sick. 我之前病了 病得很严重
[31:51] When I wasn’t vomiting, 当我病情不那么严重时
[31:52] I found myself prone to reflection. 我会经常反思自己
[31:55] It dawned on me the one regret I have in life was 我发现我这辈子有一件后悔的事
[31:58] the state of my relationship with Sherlock. 就是我跟夏洛克的关系
[32:02] I hadn’t asked him to see if he’d be a match. 我没有问过他是否跟我的骨髓匹配
[32:04] You see, I hadn’t even told him I was ill. 我甚至都没有告诉他我病了
[32:07] And as my condition improved, I decided 但随着我的病情好转 我决定
[32:10] I’d figure out an approach; 要想出一个办法
[32:12] some way to make things better. 来弥补我们之间的关系
[32:15] But then, of course, he showed up on my doorstep yesterday, 可是 当他昨天出现在我家时
[32:17] and I just… 我就…
[32:19] fell into old habits. 又回到了从前的状态
[32:22] You’re obviously Sherlock’s friend. 很明显夏洛克把你当朋友
[32:26] As I mentioned, Sherlock’s never had any friends. 我说过 夏洛克从来没有过朋友
[32:29] Many colleagues, never a friend… 他有很多同事 但从没有朋友
[32:32] until you. 你是第一个
[32:35] I want to know how you did it. 我想知道你是怎么做到的
[32:38] I want to know… 我想知道
[32:41] how does one become Sherlock Holmes’ friend? 怎么才能成为夏洛克·福尔摩斯的朋友
[32:48] Look, I owe you an apology… 听着 我欠你一句抱歉
[32:52] for not protecting you when we worked together. 因为我们共事时我没有保护你
[32:58] Protecting me from what? 保护我什么
[33:00] From the spotlight, the attention. 不受媒体的关注
[33:04] Those were some of the best days of my career. 那是我职业生涯中最美好的一段时间
[33:07] You know, my name was in the paper, 报纸上印着我的名字
[33:09] my face was on the telly. 电视上播着我的画面
[33:12] The whole thing, it was, it was… 整件事情都很…很…
[33:13] It was intoxicating, hm? 让你很上瘾是吗
[33:14] Yeah, well, I was gonna say it was everything 我准备说那就是
[33:16] I dreamed about being a policeman, 我当警察所梦想的一切
[33:17] but that as well, yeah. 不过你说得也对
[33:20] I’m glad we helped so many people. 我很高兴我们帮了很多人
[33:22] Well, I helped them. 是我帮的
[33:23] You only said you did. 你光说不做
[33:24] Well, I… 我…
[33:25] No… 不
[33:27] my carelessness had a negative impact, 我的粗心大意造成了负面影响
[33:29] and, um… 所以
[33:32] I’d like to, uh, I’d like to make amends. 我想…我想做一些补偿
[33:38] So, um… I just, I-I-I wrote some… 所以 我…我写了点…
[33:41] I wrote some things… 我写了点东西…
[33:42] Hello. 不是吧
[33:44] It says here that… 这里写着
[33:46] Pendry had this handyman, this guy called Nick Ginn. 彭德里的这个杂务工 尼克·吉恩
[33:48] and he was a small-time villain, 他是个小痞子
[33:49] and we had him in for questioning. 他们抓了他并进行了审问
[33:50] But he had an alibi the night of the murder. 但是在谋杀那晚他有不在场证据
[33:53] All right, now it says 好吧 这里写着
[33:54] that he bought a 3D printer 他在玛丽·彭德里死前一周
[33:55] one week before Mary Pendry died. 买了一台3D打印机
[34:00] Pendry paid him to buy the printer. 彭德里雇他去买打印机
[34:03] And then he built the gun. 然后打印了那把枪
[34:06] Now if Ginn still has the printer, 如果吉恩还留着那台打印机
[34:08] or if we can compel him to confirm our hypothesis, 或者我们让他承认我们的推测是对的
[34:11] We can prove… 那我们就能证明
[34:13] that I was right. 我是对的
[34:17] Open up, Nicky! 开门 尼基
[34:26] I sorted it, you know. 我想到了
[34:27] Sorted what? 想到什么了
[34:29] A way you can make amends. 你补偿的方法
[34:32] Let me take the credit for this one, 这次的功劳归我
[34:34] and we’ll be square. 我们就扯平了
[34:36] Come on, I deserve it. 这次可是我应得的
[34:42] Pendry’s mine. 彭德里是我的了
[35:06] Nicholas Ginn. 尼古拉斯·基恩
[35:08] I obviously riled Pendry 我今天检查那颗烧焦的钉子时
[35:09] when I examined the charred nail today. 很明显把彭德里激怒了
[35:12] He decided to tie up loose ends 他决定杀了他的同伙
[35:14] by murdering his accomplice. 以铲除后患
[35:16] He cleaned the scene quite meticulously. 他非常细致地清扫了现场
[35:18] Yeah, I passed DCI Hopkins on the way in. 是的 我在来的路上遇到了霍普金斯
[35:19] He didn’t seem very happy. 他不是很高兴
[35:21] He knows I’ve been helping Lestrade. 他知道我一直在帮雷斯垂德
[35:23] He wants me to give up his location, 他想让我告诉他雷斯垂德在哪
[35:25] but I would prefer not to 但是在彭德里的案子
[35:26] until his case against Pendry has been made. 搞定之前我还不想告诉他
[35:28] And yet… 可现在
[35:31] I don’t suppose you found a 3D printer in here? 我想你在这里没有找到3D打印机吧
[35:33] Pendry obviously destroyed that ages ago. 很显然彭德里早就把它处理掉了
[35:36] Why obviously? 为什么很显然
[35:37] Ginn is six-foot-four. 吉恩身高有两米一
[35:38] He has at least two stone on Pendry. 他至少比彭德里重13公斤
[35:41] If he still had access to the printer, 如果他还能拿到打印机
[35:42] don’t you think he would’ve built himself 难道他不会自己再造一把枪
[35:43] another gun to kill Ginn, hmm? 然后杀了吉恩吗
[35:46] It would’ve been the safer way to go by far. 这才是比较保险的做法
[35:47] There’s just so little here that makes sense. 这里的一切都太不合理了
[35:51] I know. 我知道
[35:52] He used one of the victim’s own knives to kill him. 他用了死者家里的一把刀来杀他
[35:55] You think a planner like Pendry 你觉得像彭德里这么有计划的人
[35:56] would’ve brought a weapon of his own. 应该会自己带武器
[35:58] Also the stab wound was obviously 而且这个伤口很明显
[36:01] the result of a left-handed blow. 是被一个左撇子捅的
[36:03] But Pendry is right-handed, 但彭德里习惯用右手
[36:05] so why would he use his non-dominant hand 他为什么要用不常用的手
[36:07] to stab someone to death? 来捅死这个人呢
[36:08] You knew Pendry was a righty, right? 你知道彭德里惯用右手 对吧
[36:11] Yeah, of course. 对 当然
[36:15] What are you doing? 你在干嘛
[36:48] Well, I was wrong, Watson. 我之前错了 华生
[36:50] Pendry does still have a printer. 彭德里的确还留着打印机
[36:53] And he used it to build another gun. 而且用它造了另一把枪
[36:58] Good evening. 晚上好
[36:59] I have a confession to make. 我要向你坦白
[37:00] Miss Watson is not, in fact, 华生小姐事实上不是
[37:02] a home security specialist. 家庭安全专家
[37:05] Dan, pick up the phone for God’s sake. 唐 看在上帝的份上接电话
[37:07] I’ve got police in my house and I need my solicitor. 警察闯入了我家 我需要律师
[37:11] If that’s what you’re here for, 如果你来这就是为了那个
[37:12] then just take it and leave. 那拿着它离开
[37:13] This? No, no, you’ve changed this since yesterday. 这个 不 昨天你就把它换掉了
[37:16] Anyway, we’re not here regarding the murder of your wife Mary. 我们不是为了你妻子玛丽的谋杀案而来
[37:19] We’re here about the death of Nicholas Ginn. 是为了尼古拉斯·基恩的死亡案而来
[37:22] – Who? – Your ex-handyman. -谁 -你的前杂物工
[37:24] The one who bought the printer that made the gun 是他买来打印机 你用其制造了
[37:25] you used to kill Mary. 谋杀玛丽的枪
[37:27] After I looked at that nail, you panicked. 在我查看钉子后你慌了
[37:29] You went to wherever you’re hiding the printer, 你去了用来藏打印机的地方
[37:30] and you built yourself another gun. 制造了另一把枪
[37:32] You went to kill Ginn. 你去杀基恩
[37:34] But when you fired, 但是当你开枪时
[37:35] the gun exploded in your hand. 枪在你手上爆炸了
[37:36] When you killed Mary, 你谋杀玛丽的时候
[37:38] you used a special-order .22-caliber round. 你用的是特制的0.22口径的圆弹头
[37:40] Today, you were in a hurry. 今天 因为你很慌张
[37:42] You used a .22 long. 你用的是0.22口径长弹[大众款子弹 一般用于步枪]
[37:43] Mm. Higher velocity bullet can cause 而速度较高的子弹
[37:45] the plastic pistol to explode. 容易引起塑料手枪爆炸
[37:47] Ginn lunged at you. 基恩向你扑来时
[37:48] You grabbed a knife with your uninjured left hand. 你用未受伤的左手抓起了一把刀
[37:51] The heavier man 大块头的他
[37:52] threw himself onto the blade. 就自己撞到了刀刃上
[37:53] You did a decent job of cleaning the scene. 犯罪现场清扫得很干净
[37:56] You found every piece of the gun. 你几乎找到了所有枪的碎片
[37:58] Except for the pieces that landed in Ginn’s fruit. 除了迸溅到基恩水果里的那些
[38:01] Now, if you fired the weapon, 如果你的确开了枪
[38:02] you’d have wounds on your right forearm. 你的右手手臂就会有伤
[38:05] We just need to take a look. 我们只需检查一下
[38:06] Mm. Which, as it happens, is exactly 而刚好不巧 我们有调查令
[38:09] what his warrant empowers him to do. 允许他可以这么做
[38:12] It’s going to be your solicitor. 应该是你的律师打来的
[38:14] You can just tell him you’re heading into custody. 你可以告诉他你要被拘留了
[38:29] Thank you. 谢谢你
[38:32] Well, lads, you can take me to Nick. 好了 伙计们 我们可以去监狱了
[38:33] Detective? 警探
[38:36] I thank you not to take credit 感谢你没有在这件案子里
[38:37] for any of my insights into the case. 用我的见解邀功
[38:40] Right, so your whole making it up to me 所以你对我所有的补偿
[38:43] was just a complete and utter lie. 就是一个彻头彻尾的谎言
[38:45] Was it? 是这样吗
[38:46] I will not enable you anymore. 我再也不会帮你了
[38:48] I am withdrawing your drug of choice. 我会收回让你上瘾的药引
[38:52] Right. 好的
[38:53] It’s back to obscurity for me then. 我重回默默无闻的时代了
[38:56] Don’t be a stranger. 保持联系
[39:04] Of course, I stay current 当然了 我注意到了
[39:06] to the capabilities of the 3D printers. 3D打印机的作用
[39:09] I always knew that Lawrence Pendry 一直以来我都知道劳伦斯·彭德里
[39:12] was, in fact, guilty and had actually murdered his wife. 是有罪的 而且谋杀了他的妻子
[39:15] I just needed to figure out how and… and why. 我只需找出他的手法和动机
[39:18] He called your bluff. 他还说你虚张声势
[39:21] He knows you’ll never step forward to take the credit. 他知道你永远不会露面邀功的
[39:25] Curious. 很奇异
[39:27] I never felt this particular cocktail of emotions. 我从来没有过这么特别的情绪
[39:31] Anger, exasperation… 愤怒 恼怒
[39:34] and a hint of… 还有一些…
[39:37] Worry? 担心
[39:39] Yeah, well, welcome to caring about an addict. 好吧 欢迎关注一个瘾君子
[39:58] All right, Fatty, let’s make this quick. 胖胖 有话快说
[39:59] Watson and I have a plane to catch. 我和华生还要赶飞机
[40:02] You said it was urgent. 你说了是急事
[40:03] Take a seat, would you? 先坐下
[40:05] Only take a moment. 就一小会
[40:13] I lied to you the other day, 那天我对你撒谎了
[40:14] when I said I’d given all your stuff to charity. 我说我把你的东西捐给慈善商店了
[40:18] It’s in storage. 其实都存放起来了
[40:20] Over there, behind that door. 在那边 那个门后面
[40:28] I bet you expect me to thank you, don’t you? 我打赌你希望我谢谢你 对吗
[40:30] Well, you’re lucky I didn’t turn it all in to the police. 我没把它交给警察算你走运
[40:32] Your collection included, amongst other things, 你的那些收藏里包括
[40:34] a real shrunken head, 一个缩瘪的头颅
[40:35] what appeared to be an authentic Picasso 看起来像是真的毕加索
[40:38] and an entire series of books on homemade bomb building. 还有一整套介绍自制建筑爆破炸弹的书
[40:44] It’s remarkable. 真是不可思议
[40:46] You’re too lazy to even maintain a proper ruse. 你已经懒到都不想一个合适的诡计了
[40:49] We’re not gonna fight, Sherlock. 不管你多想吵架 夏洛克
[40:51] No matter how much you want to. 我不会和你吵的
[40:58] Something’s wrong. 感觉不太对
[41:00] You’re too calm. 你过于冷静了
[41:04] The other night at dinner, 那天晚饭的时候
[41:05] I sought a little advice from Joan 我向乔恩寻求一点建议
[41:07] about how best to communicate with you. 关于如何最好地与你沟通
[41:10] And why on earth would you want to do that? 你究竟为何会想与我沟通
[41:13] She said that when one has something to tell you, 她说如果有事要告诉你
[41:17] one must make really, really sure 那必须十分确定
[41:21] that you’re listening. 你有在听
[41:34] Books on bomb building. 看来你看了那套书
[41:40] I consider us even now. 我觉得我们现在扯平了
[41:44] Which means I can tell you I forgive you. 意味着我可以跟你讲我原谅你了
[41:48] For everything. 所有一切
[41:54] Have a safe trip back to the colonies. 祝你回美利坚殖民地一路顺风
[41:56] And know that things are different between us now. 记住我们之间不同以往了
[42:12] Hey, I was just about to call you. 我正准备给你打电话呢
[42:17] You okay? 你没事吧
[42:18] I believe I’ve just made a rapprochement 我想我刚和我哥哥
[42:20] with my brother. 达成和解了
[42:22] Oh, that’s great. 那太好了
[42:24] He used a homemade explosive device 他用自制的爆炸装置
[42:25] to destroy what was left of my things. 炸毁了我留下的东西
[42:30] Ah. 这样啊
[42:32] Sounds like maybe he’s a little more like you than you thought. 听起来你俩比你所以为的更加相似
[42:35] Art in the blood, Watson. 这是融入骨血的艺术气息 华生
[42:38] It takes the strangest forms. 虽然表现形式差异巨大
[00:02] Apparently the mayor’s gonna hinge his reelection campaign 显然市长准备把竞选连任的重点放在
[00:04] on the renewed vigilance when it comes to quality of life crimes, 最近重新兴起的对杀人犯特点的警惕上
[00:08] so keep it in mind when you’re out there doing real work. 你们在外面工作的时候要记住这一点
[00:12] Captain? 警监
[00:14] Guy walked in, said he needs to see the man in charge. 这人走进来 说要见负责人
[00:17] Are you the Lord here? 你是这的大人吗
[00:18] He keeps saying “Lord.” 他一直用”大人”这个词
[00:19] I took it to mean “captain” 我理解为他是指”警监”
[00:21] Tom Gregson. Can I help you? 我是汤姆·格雷森 有什么能帮你的
[00:23] I am the Knight. 我是骑士
[00:26] I was dubbed. 我曾被授予头衔
[00:27] Now I am the Knight. 现在我是骑士
[00:31] Okay. 好吧
[00:32] That’s why I had to kill the Queen. 所以我必须杀死王后
[00:35] You killed the Queen? 你杀死了王后吗
[00:36] It was my duty. 这是我的使命
[00:38] I had to kill her. 我必须杀死她
[00:40] I had to. 必须这么做
[00:41] – Gun! – It was my duty. -有枪 -这是我的使命
[00:43] Hey! 请注意
[00:43] If you pick up that gun, 一旦你拿起那把枪
[00:45] this is gonna end fast and ugly. 事态可就一发不可收拾了
[00:48] I’m the Knight. 我是骑士
[00:48] Holmes, stay back, stay back! 福尔摩斯 后退 快后退
[00:50] – I was dubbed. – Sir, I’m gonna ask you -我曾被授予头衔的 -先生
[00:52] one more time– step away from that weapon. 我再提醒你一遍 远离武器
[00:55] Can I try something? 能让我试试吗
[00:56] Try it fast. 速度要快
[01:01] The, uh, scarf on your wrist? 你手腕上的丝巾
[01:04] On your wrist. It… 系在你手腕上的 它…
[01:05] It… 它…
[01:14] As I was saying, I noticed the scarf straightaway. 如我所说 我第一眼就注意到了那条丝巾
[01:17] This is an extremely compelling story, Mr. Holmes, 你的故事非常引人入胜 福尔摩斯先生
[01:19] but I asked about the James Dylan case. 但我询问的是詹姆斯·迪兰的案子
[01:22] The incident you’re describing 但你所陈述的事件
[01:23] is connected to the murder of Rada Hollingsworth. 却和蕾达·霍林沃斯的谋杀案有关
[01:26] Which is, in turn, inextricably linked 而此案恰恰与詹姆斯·迪兰的案子
[01:28] to the tale of James Dylan. 有着密不可分的关系
[01:30] If you would just answer the question I asked you. 请直接回答我的问题
[01:32] I am answering the question, 我正在回答你的问题
[01:33] just more precisely than you intended me to. 只是比你要求的更精确而已
[01:37] You cannot understand one incident 如果你不先了解另外一件事
[01:38] without first understanding the other. 就无法弄清眼前的这件事
[01:48] As I was saying… 正如我所说
[01:50] The scarf on your wrist– 你手腕上的丝巾
[01:52] was it a favor from your lady? 是你家小姐的赏赐吗
[01:54] Yes. Belonged to my Queen. 是的 这是王后的
[01:58] Then it must be returned to her. 那你必须还给她
[02:01] Knight’s code commands it, yeah? 骑士守则是这么要求的 对吧
[02:03] You give it to me, I’ll have a squire bring it to her. 你把它给我 我会请侍从带还给她
[02:09] Here. 过来
[02:10] Allow me, sir. 让我来吧 先生
[02:14] Go down. 趴下
[02:15] – Down! – No! -趴下 -不
[02:20] Knight’s Code? What is that? 骑士守则 那是什么
[02:22] Uh, it’s oral tradition. 这是个口口相传的传统
[02:24] The man’s clearly schizophrenic, but… 这人显然患有精神分裂
[02:27] his delusions are based on, uh… on actual history. 但他的幻想错觉 是基于一定史实的
[02:29] In the Middle Ages, 在中世纪时期
[02:30] a knight would often wear a token from their beloved. 骑士往往会佩戴一件心爱之人的物品
[02:32] Usually an article of clothing, a scarf. 一般会是布制品 比如说丝巾
[02:36] Any thoughts where the Queen who gave it to him might be? 能想到给他丝巾的王后在哪吗
[02:40] No, not just yet. 不 还没想到
[02:42] Give the man a minute, will you? 让他休息一会 行吗
[02:43] He’s a brave and brilliant instrument of justice. 他是机智勇敢的执法利器
[02:46] All we got to do is stay out of his way, 我们所要做的 就是别打扰他
[02:48] and he’ll lead us right to the truth. 他一定会带我们找到真相的
[02:50] I got to throw a flag on the play. 容许我提出异议
[02:53] Now, I’ve known Tommy Gregson a long time. 我和汤米·格雷森是老相识了
[02:58] I’m guessing he didn’t actually say that. 我觉得他不会说这种话
[03:01] He may have used different words to make the same point. 也许措辞不同 但表达的是同一个意思
[03:03] Mr. Holmes, 福尔摩斯先生
[03:04] do me a favor? 就算帮我个忙
[03:05] Spare us the flourishes. 别再夸夸其谈了
[03:07] You’re under oath, and that oath counts. 你宣过誓了 并且誓言有效
[03:09] This is a real hearing presided over by a real judge. 这是一场由正牌法官主持的正式听证会
[03:13] Of course, Your Honor. 您说的是 法官大人
[03:15] It is an administrative hearing. 这是一场行政听证会
[03:18] This court represents neither state nor federal law, 开庭的依据既不是州也不是联邦政府法律
[03:22] but rather the dictates of the police department of New York. 而是纽约警局的要求
[03:25] So, “real judge,” while not technically inaccurate, 所以”正牌法官”这个说法 与其说不准确
[03:30] seems like an overstatement. 不如说是言过其实
[03:32] By all means, 不管怎样
[03:33] let’s be 100% accurate. 只要我们都百分百准确就行
[03:36] I do only represent the police department of New York. 我确实只代表了纽约警局
[03:41] We’re here today because you screwed up. 今天我们在这是因为你犯了错
[03:43] And the NYPD has empowered me, 而纽约警局授权我
[03:45] as a technically real judge, 作为严格意义上的正牌法官
[03:49] to determine the magnitude of said screw-up, 来判断所谓错误的严重程度
[03:52] and to make a recommendation 并对你和你的搭档
[03:54] as to whether or not you and your partner 能否继续待在这座城市
[03:57] can continue your relationship with the city. 与警方合作作出评估
[04:00] Now, is that accurate enough for you? 这个说法对你来说够准确了吗
[04:43] We’re here today because of one particular breach of protocol. 我们今天要审理的是一起特定的违法案件
[04:46] Alleged breach of protocol. 涉嫌违法案件
[04:48] Alleged breach of protocol. 好吧 涉嫌违法案件
[04:50] I’m curious, though. 不过我很好奇
[04:51] Would you say the incident is part of a larger pattern? 你同意这起事件只是更大规模案件的一部分吗
[04:54] – Tommy. – Commissioner. -汤米 – 局长
[05:00] So how about it, Mr. Holmes? 你怎么说 福尔摩斯先生
[05:01] Is this all part of a larger pattern? 这起事件只是更大规模案件的一部分吗
[05:03] I’m sorry. I don’t follow you. 不好意思 我不明白你的意思
[05:05] Do you routinely break the law 你是否一直在调查过程中
[05:06] during the course of your investigations? 违反法律
[05:08] Ah, not that I recall, no. 在我的印象中 没有
[05:11] So you’ve never broken the law? 所以你从未犯过法吗
[05:13] Everyone breaks the law, Ms. Walker. 每个人都犯过法 沃克女士
[05:16] Case in point. 举个例子
[05:17] You have been precisely seven minutes early 我们每次会面
[05:18] for every meeting we’ve ever had. 你都会正好早到七分钟
[05:20] You arrange your notebooks 每天你排列笔记本的
[05:21] exactly the same way each day. 方式都完全一致
[05:22] You position a small photograph of an eleventh-century bust 你会放一张十一世纪的半身雕像照片
[05:25] so that you can look at it before you begin your work. 每次开工前都会看上一眼
[05:27] Are you suggesting that someone as bound by routine 你是说如你这般循规蹈矩的人
[05:29] such as yourself has never crossed 从没因为赶时间
[05:31] against the traffic lights in order to keep to a schedule? 而闯红灯过马路吗
[05:33] I’m not talking about that kind of law-breaking. 我不是指那方面的犯法
[05:36] So, some degree of criminality is acceptable, 所以某种程度的犯法可以接受
[05:39] the rest is just negotiating boundaries? 而其他的就有待商榷吗
[05:42] Answer the questions directly, Mr. Holmes. 请直接回答问题 福尔摩斯先生
[05:45] If you won’t do it out of respect for this institution, 就算你不是出于对法庭的尊重
[05:48] do it for the officer who’s in the hospital 起码请你为了因此住院的警官
[05:50] ’cause of what happened here. 而配合我们的询问
[05:51] I have never broken the law in a manner Ms. Walker suggests. 我从未以沃克女士所指的形式触犯过法律
[05:54] We have statements from several officers saying 我们手里有好几位警官的证词
[05:56] they have no idea how you and your partner 表示他们不知道你和你的搭档
[05:59] get inside of so many private homes 以何种方式进入
[06:00] and businesses when nobody’s there. 空无一人的私宅或机构
[06:02] They all think you break in. 他们都认为你们是非法入侵
[06:05] So, you didn’t pick the lock on Victor Nardin’s apartment? 难道你没撬开维克多·纳丁公寓的门锁
[06:09] You didn’t break into the McTierney Brothers Mortuary? 也没闯进过麦迪尼兄弟停尸间吗
[06:13] A couple of our officers even think 有几位警官甚至认为
[06:15] you’ve taught your partner how to do it. 你还把这项技能传授给了搭档
[06:17] The officers who told you those things are confused. 这么说的警官一定是弄错了
[06:19] You’re saying you didn’t enter those dwellings? 你是说你没到过上述场所吗
[06:22] Because you used evidence from inside those places. 因为你使用了原本放在那些地方的证据
[06:26] No. Ms. Watson and I entered those locations, 不 华生小姐和我进入过那些场所
[06:29] just not illegally. 但不是以非法的方式
[06:30] I’m not sure I understand. 我不明白你的意思
[06:33] It was quite some time ago, but if I remember correctly, 事情过去挺久了 但如果我没记错的话
[06:37] on most of those occasions, the doors were open. 大多数情况下 门都是开着的
[06:39] In New York City? 在纽约市里
[06:41] The front doors were open? 会有地方门户大开吗
[06:42] Not just unlocked, but actually open? 不只是没有锁 而确实是开着的吗
[06:45] I was surprised, as well. 对此我也很惊讶
[06:47] In several other instances, 还有几次
[06:49] we thought we heard cries for help. 我们认为听到了呼救的声音
[06:50] They turned out to be televisions 结果是声音被调大的电视机
[06:52] with the volume turned up. 发出的声音
[06:53] So there’s an epidemic of people 所以现在人们流行
[06:55] leaving their TVs on? 不在家的时候开着电视吗
[06:56] Once we mistook the cries 有一次 我们误以为
[06:57] of a small puppy for a baby in distress. 小狗的叫声是遇险婴儿的哭声
[07:01] Your Honor, allow me to register my skepticism. 法官大人 请将我的怀疑记录在案
[07:04] Registered, but unless you’ve got a witness 已记录 但除非你能找到证人
[07:07] who can contradict Mr. Holmes’ testimony… 可以反驳福尔摩斯先生的证词
[07:10] How could she? 怎么可能
[07:10] Miss Watson and I were the only ones present. 只有华生小姐和我在场
[07:12] Oh, I’ll be asking Miss Watson what happened. 我会询问华生小姐的
[07:14] Excellent. That should clear things up. 很好 那就都清楚了
[07:17] So, someone walked into the eleventh precinct with a shotgun. 所以 有人带着一把猎枪走进第十一分局
[07:22] This has something to do with the James Dylan incident… 这跟詹姆斯·迪兰案有一些关系
[07:25] No, it has everything to do with it. 不 是有千丝万缕的关系
[07:27] Having disarmed the Knight, 解除骑士的武装之后
[07:28] we turned our attention to establishing his identity 我们将注意力转向确定
[07:31] and that of the Queen. 他和王后的身份
[07:33] Does anyone ever call you anything besides “The Knight”? 除了”骑士” 你还有别的名字吗
[07:37] It was my duty to kill the Queen. 杀死王后是我的使命
[07:41] I-I was summoned to her lair 我被召唤到她的巢穴
[07:43] and told that only in death 并被告知只有死亡
[07:46] would her soul be saved from the demons. 才能将她的灵魂从魔鬼手中解救出来
[07:49] Th-This lair– 这个巢穴
[07:51] do you have any idea where it is? 你知道它在哪里吗
[07:54] It was my sworn duty. 那是我宣过誓的使命
[07:56] This is going nowhere. 这么问不会有结果的
[07:58] He’s schizophrenic, in the middle of a psychotic episode. 他有精神分裂症 正在发病期
[08:01] It’s going to be days 要用很长时间治疗并服用
[08:01] and a lot of risperidone before he starts making sense. 利培酮[精神分裂药物]才能让他恢复正常
[08:04] Not a time frame that bodes well for the Queen, 那么长时间对王后来说可不是好兆头
[08:07] on the off chance she is still alive. 时间越长 她还活着的几率越小
[08:10] Well, there’s blood in the treads of his boots. 他的靴子底上有血迹
[08:12] Probably hers. 可能是她的
[08:15] Two receipts, both for early-morning coffee runs. 两张收据 买的都是大清早的咖啡
[08:17] One at 6:27 A.M., one at 6:36, 一张是早上6:27 一张是6:36
[08:20] both from the same bodega on West 20th and Fifth Avenue. 都是来自西二十街第五大道路口的酒馆
[08:24] Well, maybe he lives in the Flatiron District. 可能他住在熨斗区
[08:26] Along with hundreds of thousands of other people. 跟其他几十万人一起
[08:28] Only one of them is named Silas Cole. 他们中只有一个叫塞拉斯·科尔
[08:32] I texted his picture to a friend of mine 我把他的照片发给了一个
[08:34] who works the psych E.R. at Sanbridge. 圣桥医院精神科急诊室的朋友
[08:37] She recognized him. 她认出了他
[08:38] I set her free. 我给了她自由
[08:40] Captain, the man’s name is Silas Cole. 警监 那个人名叫塞拉斯·科尔
[08:42] He lives in the Flatiron District. 他住在熨斗区
[08:43] We’ll have an address for you momentarily. 我们会马上给你个地址
[08:46] All right. 好吧
[08:46] I’ll get a warrant for his place. 我去为他家申请一个搜查令
[08:52] This does not fill me with optimism for the Queen. 这让我对王后的处境很不乐观
[08:55] Well, the figure on the right is obviously Silas, 右边的人显然是塞拉斯
[08:59] which would suggest 也就是说
[09:00] the Queen is a real person, as well. 王后也是个真实的人物
[09:02] Yeah, but how do we know for sure that’s the Queen? 对 但我们怎么确定那就是王后呢
[09:05] I mean, I don’t see any crown. 我没有看到王冠
[09:07] In the Middle Ages, only royalty were allowed 在中世纪 只有皇室成员才能
[09:08] to wear purple and ermine. 穿紫色衣服和貂皮
[09:11] That is most certainly Silas’s Queen. 那应该就是塞拉斯的王后
[09:14] And he did rather a good job with the likeness. 而且他画得很像
[09:19] Oh. So she was his girlfriend. 所以她是他的女朋友
[09:23] Seriously? That guy’s in no shape to be dating anyone. 真的吗 他看起来不像是会有约会的人
[09:26] Well, you don’t know what he was like on his meds. 你不知道他吃完药是什么样
[09:29] Silas and his queen were together 塞拉斯和他的王后
[09:30] till about six months ago, I would venture. 半年前分手了 我大胆猜测一下
[09:33] These photographs– all taken over the last three years. 这些照片 都是过去三年里拍的
[09:36] There are none from last summer. 却从去年夏天开始中断了
[09:40] Maybe she’s the one who broke up with him. 也许是她把他甩了
[09:42] Okay, look at this necklace. 看这条项链
[09:44] Maybe he gave it to her as a gift. 也许是他给她的礼物
[09:46] She gave it back to him when they broke up. 他们分手时她还给他了
[09:49] Her name starts with an “R”” 她的名字以R开头
[09:51] There’s a whole stack of fashion magazines here. 这里有一大堆时尚杂志
[09:53] Last year’s issue… 去年发行的…
[09:57] Subscription mailing label’s addressed to Rada Hollingsworth. 订阅标签上写着蕾达·霍林沃斯
[10:00] She lives on 23rd. 她住在第二十三大街
[10:02] So, Detective Bell was actually the one 所以贝尔警探才是查明
[10:04] who identified Ms. Hollingsworth as “The Queen.” 霍林沃斯小姐就是 “王后”的人
[10:08] A substantial contribution to the case, wouldn’t you say? 对案情有重大贡献 不是吗
[10:11] Yes. One of many he’s made during our work together. 对 我们共事过程中他的诸多贡献之一
[10:14] Sounds like you regard him as a real asset to the department. 听起来你觉得他是警局的重要人才
[10:19] Detective Bell is several standard deviations above the norm. 贝尔警探比普通标准要高出几个档次
[10:22] I’ve always regarded him as such. 我一直很欣赏他
[10:24] Your affection for the man really shines through. 你对他的欣赏表现得非常明显
[10:28] According to your deposition, 根据你的证词
[10:29] when you got to Rada Hollingsworth’s apartment, 当你们到达蕾达·霍林沃斯的公寓时
[10:32] the door was wide open. 门是大开着的
[10:34] That’s correct. 没错
[10:37] It was. 确实如此
[10:38] Ms. Hollingsworth? 霍林沃斯小姐
[10:43] Ms. Hollingsworth? 霍林沃斯小姐
[10:58] In here! 在这里
[11:08] Looks like she’s been dead for a couple hours. 看来她已经死了几个小时了
[11:12] These must be Silas’s boot prints. 这些一定是塞拉斯的靴印
[11:18] All right, I’m gonna call the station. 好吧 我给局里打电话
[11:19] Tell ’em to book Cole. 让他们拘捕科尔
[11:21] Don’t. 慢着
[11:23] You know, I’m not convinced that Silas Cole killed this woman. 我不确信塞拉斯·科尔杀了她
[11:26] Sorry. 抱歉
[11:27] Silas Cole walked into the station 塞拉斯·科尔拿着散弹枪
[11:29] holding a shotgun and confessed. 走进警局自首
[11:32] You were standing there looking at his footprints, 你站在那里看着他的脚印
[11:34] and your first thought was he didn’t kill Rada Hollingsworth? 而你的第一想法却是他没有杀人
[11:38] Not my first thought. 不是我的第一想法
[11:40] I tend to have thoughts in rapid succession. 我的思考过程很快
[11:42] She’d been shot in the chest, rib cage. Her heart… 她胸部中弹 肋骨处 她的心脏
[11:45] had essentially been obliterated. 基本被打碎了
[11:48] The Knight wouldn’t do that. 骑士不会那么做的
[11:51] Silas Cole said he killed her 塞拉斯·科尔说他杀她
[11:52] in order to save her soul. 是为了拯救她的灵魂
[11:55] In the Middle Ages, the heart was not just a symbol 在中世纪 心脏不光是
[11:57] of romantic love. It was the vessel for the soul. 浪漫爱情的象征 也是灵魂的容器
[12:01] So for him to shoot her in her heart– 所以对他来说 朝她的心脏开枪
[12:04] in the universe of his delusions– 在他的幻想世界中
[12:05] he would be sentencing her to eternal damnation. 会让她遭受永恒的诅咒
[12:08] He wouldn’t do that. He loved her. 他不会那么做 他爱她
[12:10] And the confession? The…footprints? 那他的招供呢 脚印呢
[12:14] Silas Cole was acting in diminished capacity. 塞拉斯·科尔行动能力很弱
[12:17] He may well have believed he was responsible, even if he wasn’t. 他也许相信是他干的 即使实际并非如此
[12:19] As to the footprints, there’s no question 关于那些脚印 毫无疑问
[12:21] that he was in the apartment. 他曾经在那间公寓里
[12:22] I just don’t believe he pulled the trigger. 我只是不相信他扣了扳机
[12:25] Which means, of course, someone else did. 也就是说 当然是别人干的
[12:31] Your Honor, Ms. Watson is scheduled 法官大人 华生小姐计划
[12:32] to testify at this hearing. 在这次听证会上作证
[12:34] – She can’t be here. – Excuse me, Your Honor, -她现在不能在场 -对不起 法官大人
[12:36] I have an important message for Captain Gregson. 我有重要的消息要告诉格雷森警监
[12:37] His phone is off. 他的手机关机了
[12:38] I would not interrupt otherwise. 否则我不会来打扰的
[12:43] What’s going on? 怎么了
[12:44] Mr. Holmes, while you’re on the stand in my courtroom, 福尔摩斯先生 当你上庭时
[12:47] you will limit yourself to testimony relevant to this case. 你只能陈述与本案相关的证词
[12:52] Do you understand? 你明白吗
[12:54] Yep. 明白
[12:56] Thanks for texting, Gretchen. What happened? 多谢你发短信来 格莱琛 怎么了
[12:58] While I was repairing the abdominal wall, 在我修补腹壁时
[13:00] a blood clot formed in the left ventricle. 左心室形成了一个血栓
[13:03] I thought this was supposed to be routine surgery. 我以为这只是个常规手术
[13:05] We thought he was out of the woods a few days ago, too. 我们也以为他几天前就脱离险境了
[13:08] There’s no such thing as “routine” 不过当你从腹部中枪恢复时
[13:09] when you’re recovering from a gunshot to the abdomen. 就没有什么事是”常规”的了
[13:11] What happened with the clot? 血栓怎么样了
[13:12] It got wedged in his right subclavian artery. 它塞住了他的右锁骨下动脉
[13:15] Obstructed the blood flow to his arm for about 30 minutes. 阻碍血液流入他的胳膊长达半小时
[13:18] So what’s the prognosis? 预测结果如何
[13:20] He might be fine. 他也许会没事
[13:22] Or…? 或者
[13:23] Or he may never regain full use of the limb. 或者他可能再也无法拥有健全的手臂了
[13:28] He’s in recovery. 他正在恢复
[13:45] Tell me again… 再跟我说一遍
[13:47] why they wait until five days 为什么他们在他中枪之后
[13:49] after he got shot to perform the operation. 等了五天才给他动手术
[13:51] They leave abdominal wounds open for a while. 他们让腹部的伤口开放一段时间
[13:53] It helps reduce infection. 可以帮助减少感染
[13:54] It’s absolutely standard procedure. 这是绝对标准的程序
[13:57] The timeline has nothing to do with the clot. 时间线和血栓没有关系
[13:59] He was still unconscious when I left. 我离开时他依然是不省人事的
[14:00] They’ll know more once he wakes up. 当他醒来后他们就会知道更多了
[14:03] I’m gonna go back to the hospital. 我要回医院了
[14:04] You should come when this is over. 当这事结束的时候你也应该来
[14:07] You haven’t visited Bell once since he was shot. 自从贝尔中枪后你还没有探望过他
[14:10] You asked me to grab you when we’re headed back in. 你让我在重新开庭的时候告诉你
[14:14] – Thank you for the news. – Hey. -谢谢 -听着
[14:17] Wide open doors? Puppies? 打开的门 小狗
[14:20] I’m just saying what I need to say to get us back to work. 我只是说了让我们回去工作需要说的话
[14:22] Well, it’s not just what you say. It’s how you say it. 不仅是你说了什么 还有你怎样去说
[14:25] You can hate what’s going on in there. 你可以厌恶那里发生的事
[14:26] You can think it’s beneath you. 你可以觉得不屑一顾
[14:27] But if the judge knows that you think that, 但如果法官知道你那么想的话
[14:30] how is that good for you? 对你有什么好处呢
[14:33] Be nice. 友善点
[14:35] It’s the smart play. 这是需要谋略智慧的
[14:45] 理解的前提 是意识到什么是 以及什么不是 我们能改变的事
[14:56] Did you put this on my desk? 是你把这个放在我桌子上的吗
[14:58] “At the head of all understanding is realizing “理解的前提是意识到
[15:01] what is and what cannot be 什么是以及什么不是
[15:04] and the consoling of what is not in our power to change” 我们能改变的事”
[15:08] It’s a lovely sentiment. 很可爱的观点
[15:10] First expressed by the 11th century poet Solomon Ben Judah. 出自十一世纪诗人所罗门·本·犹大
[15:15] But you know that ’cause you’ve got a photograph 不过你也知道因为在你的日程表上
[15:17] of Ben Judah’s bust on your day planner. 有本·犹大半身雕像的照片
[15:20] So? 那又怎样
[15:22] The saying is thought to be an early derivation 这段话被认为是静思祷告的
[15:24] of the Serenity Prayer, 早期起源
[15:26] which is commonly recited by… 被治疗期中的酗酒者和瘾君子
[15:29] recovering alcoholics and drug addicts. 广泛背诵
[15:32] Is that why you keep the photograph? 你是因为这个原因留着那张照片吗
[15:35] As a gentle reminder of the prayer? 作为做祷告的提示
[15:38] Is this some kind of threat? 你是在威胁我吗
[15:41] No. 不
[15:44] No, there’s nothing on earth that would make me reveal 不是 这世界上没有什么会让我
[15:46] a secret of that nature. 泄漏那种秘密
[15:50] It’s… it’s just a-a… tip of the cap, 这只是… 一种致意
[15:54] you know? 明白吗
[15:56] From one obsessive to another. 同道中人之间的致意
[16:00] Just an acknowledgment that the world we live in 只是对我们所居住的世界
[16:02] is so often too complicated for the rules we make 经常因为各种制度和限制
[16:04] to keep it orderly. 而变得复杂的一种认同
[16:10] Ms. Walker, ready when you are. 沃克女士 你准备好就可以开始了
[16:17] You heard about Marcus Bell’s complications, I take it. 我假设你听说了马库斯·贝尔的并发症
[16:23] Yes, of course. 是的
[16:24] I’m told they may have long-term implications for his career. 我被告知这会对他的职业生涯有长期影响
[16:28] In that light, I was wondering if you feel any regret 从这个角度看的话 我想知道你
[16:30] about your methods in this case. 有没有后悔你在这个案子中用的方法
[16:33] This is a courtroom, Ms. Walker, not a confessional. 这是法庭 沃克女士 不是忏悔室
[16:36] Fair enough. 好吧
[16:38] Let’s turn back to the Rada Hollingsworth investigation. 让我们回到蕾达·霍林沃斯的调查
[16:42] Yes, well, Captain Gregson did not agree with my assessment 好 格雷森警监当时没有同意我关于
[16:44] that Silas Cole was innocent of her murder, 她的被杀和塞拉斯·科尔无关的观点
[16:46] so Ms. Watson and I explored other avenues on our own. 所以华生女士和我就另辟蹊径了
[16:49] Ex-lovers, colleagues, a… 以前的情人们 同事们
[16:51] neighbor with designs on Rada’s apartment. 设计过蕾达住所的一个邻居
[16:54] All of those, dead ends. 所有这些 一无所获
[16:55] But in the course of exploring Rada’s life, 但在调查蕾达生活的过程中
[16:59] we learned that she was seeing an oncologist 我们发现她在看一位叫菲尼斯·霍布斯的
[17:01] named Dr. Phineas Hobbs. 肿瘤学家
[17:03] When had Ms. Hollingsworth been diagnosed with cancer? 霍林沃斯女士是何时被诊断出癌症的
[17:06] Seven months prior to her murder. 在她被谋杀前七个月
[17:08] Dr. Hobbs was administering a stage one drug trial 霍布斯医生当时管理着蕾达的
[17:10] – which Rada was enrolled in. – I’m sorry. Rada didn’t -第一阶段药物试验 -抱歉
[17:13] say anything to me about where she planned to go 蕾达离开我办公室时
[17:15] when she left my office. 没说过她的去向
[17:17] We tended to talk mostly about her diagnosis. 我们主要都是在谈论她的治疗
[17:20] I’m sure you understand. 我相信你可以理解
[17:23] She was really responding to the medication. 她对药物的反应很好
[17:25] It was beautiful to watch. 很开心看到这些
[17:27] I thought she might even go into remission. 我觉得她甚至进入了缓解期
[17:29] But, uh, I guess her ex-boyfriend had other ideas. 但我猜她的前男友有不同的观点
[17:34] Rada told you about her relationship with Silas? 蕾达告诉过你她和塞拉斯的关系
[17:36] Yes, she mentioned that her 是的 她提过她前男友
[17:38] former boyfriend was schizophrenic. 是精神分裂症患者
[17:40] She’d, uh, ask me for advice about it sometimes. 她有时会寻求我的建议
[17:45] I really had no idea 我一直不知道
[17:46] how sick the man was until he showed up here about… 那人病得有多严重直到他在
[17:50] about a week and a half before she died. 她死前一周半前出现在这里
[17:52] He was ranting. 他在大吵大嚷
[17:54] I thought about pursuing a committal. 我考虑过通知医院来收监
[17:56] I should have. Obviously. 显然我应该这么做
[17:59] Drug trials like yours are expensive, are they not? 你的这种药物实验很昂贵 对吧
[18:01] They’re rarely covered by insurance. 保险只会管很小一部分
[18:04] Rada Hollingsworth was a teacher. 蕾达·霍林沃斯是名教师
[18:06] Have you any sense as to how she paid for the study? 你知道她是怎么支付这项研究的吗
[18:09] I know exactly how she paid for it. 我当然知道她是如何支付的
[18:11] She cashed in her life insurance for a viatical settlement. 她通过她人寿保险的离世前结算来付现
[18:14] A viatical settlement is a repugnant, predatory arrangement 离世前结算是指患不治之症者
[18:18] whereby a terminally ill patient 向第三方以低于到期收益价出售
[18:21] signs away their future life insurance payment 人寿保险单以便
[18:24] in exchange for a monthly cash advance. 活着时享用的安排
[18:26] The company or individual making 支付那些费用的公司或个人
[18:28] those payments is essentially betting that their client 本质上是打赌他们的客户
[18:30] will die before the payments surpass the value of the policy. 会在支付的数额超过保险价值之前就死去
[18:35] In Ms. Hollingsworth’s case, the vulture circling overhead 在霍林沃斯女士的案子里 守株待兔的
[18:39] was an employee of a company called Helping Hands Viaticals. 是一家叫离世帮手公司的雇员
[18:44] That man’s name was James Dylan. 那人的名字是詹姆斯·迪兰
[18:47] The equation seems simple enough. 方程看起来很简单
[18:49] The longer she lived, the less profit for you. 她活得越久 你得到的利益越少
[18:51] In fact, according to the terms of employment of this place, 事实上 按照这地方的雇佣条例
[18:54] if she outlives the value of her life insurance policy, 如果她活得比人寿保险规定的久
[18:57] the money comes out of your pocket. So it seems like… 你就赚不到钱了 所以看起来
[18:59] you would have incentive to want her gone. 你有让她去世的动机
[19:01] Yeah, well, that doesn’t mean I killed her. 是的 但不意味着我杀了她
[19:03] – So where were you the night she died? – Look, -她死的那晚上你在哪 -听着
[19:05] if you want to talk about this, we can go somewhere else. 如果你们想聊这事的话 我们可以到别处
[19:08] And if you’re gonna grill me, I want a lawyer there. 而且你们要盘问我的话 我需要律师在场
[19:10] Right now, we got new leads in from a nursing home, 现在 我们有疗养院的新单子
[19:13] and I got to hit the phones. 我要电话跟进
[19:16] This place is a miserable warren of cynicism and despair. 这地方是愤世嫉俗和绝望的悲惨场所
[19:20] You’d think they’d have a hard time 你会觉得他们的雇员
[19:21] holding on to their employees. 过得很惨
[19:22] And yet the cubicles are full. 但办公室却都是满的
[19:25] Some of your colleagues even have diplomas on display. 你的一些同事甚至挂着文凭
[19:27] So it seems in this economy, your employers have no trouble 所以看起来在如今的经济形式下
[19:29] in attracting the overqualified. 你的雇主不难吸引高学历的员工
[19:31] – Yeah. So? – So… -所以呢 -所以
[19:33] I was wondering if they know that you’re a convicted felon 我在想他们是否知道你曾因重罪
[19:35] who’s spent time in prison. 蹲过监狱
[19:37] – Who told you that? – Seems like -谁告诉你的 -看起来
[19:39] a fair question. 是个合理的问题
[19:41] How did you learn about Mr. Dylan’s criminal record? 你是如何知道迪兰先生的犯罪记录的
[19:44] When I learned that James Dylan had sold Rada Hollingsworth 当我得知詹姆斯·迪兰卖给蕾达·霍林沃斯
[19:47] her viatical, I did some cursory research into his background, 离世保险时 我做了一些粗略的背景调查
[19:50] research his employers had apparently neglected to do. 他的雇主们显然忽略了这点
[19:54] That’s the beauty of the Internet. 这就是网络的妙处
[19:56] 24/7 access to everything from twerking kittens 二十四小时不间断的接触到
[19:59] to criminal records. 从跳电臀舞的小猫到犯罪记录的内容
[20:01] Mr. Dylan stated in a deposition given from his hospital bed 迪兰先生在医院的病床上宣誓作证时
[20:05] that you discovered that information from his phone. 指出你是从他手机上发现这些信息的
[20:07] Which you accessed without a warrant. 是在未经许可的前提下
[20:10] Would it surprise you to learn that James Dylan is lying? 当你知道詹姆斯·迪兰是在撒谎会吃惊吗
[20:14] Not necessarily. 那倒不必
[20:15] But you do tend to attract people who lie about 但你确实喜欢引诱他人
[20:18] your illegal behavior. 为你的不法行为撒谎
[20:20] Who told you that? 谁告诉你的
[20:22] – Why, you did. – That’s my phone! -你说的 -那是我的电话
[20:25] According to your outgoing calls, you regularly contact 你的拨出号码历史显示 你经常
[20:27] the same local number several times a week. 一周几次地联系一个本地号码
[20:29] It has a 477 prefix. 前缀是477
[20:31] That’s the same as our precinct. 和我们分局的一样
[20:32] It’s a municipal number. 是政府部门的号码
[20:32] – You stole this. – Your calendar says you have -你偷了我的手机 -你的日历显示
[20:34] a recurring commitment every Tuesday. 你每周二都有一个反复出现的约会
[20:36] Now, there’s no heading on that appointment, 这些预约都没有标题
[20:37] so my first thought was weekly Brazilian, but then I noticed 所以我首先想到的是巴西人每周的聚会
[20:40] the address of the Tuesday rendezvous. It’s 202 Broadway, 但后来我注意到约会的地址是百老汇202号
[20:42] which, as it turns out, is the office 结果 那是纽约州
[20:44] – of the New York State Division of Parole. – Okay. -假释办公室的地址 -够了
[20:48] Let’s take this outside. 让我们到外面去说
[20:50] On the night that Rada Hollingsworth was murdered, 在蕾达·霍林沃斯被谋杀的那个晚上
[20:53] I was having a drink 我正在甘斯沃尔特街的
[20:55] at Sharkey’s on Gansevoort Street. 沙基酒吧喝东西
[20:58] And your presence in a bar is a violation of your parole. 你在假释期里不能去酒吧
[21:00] Yeah, I got sent upstate after a bar fight. 是 在酒吧争执后我被派到了北部
[21:03] I got out of control and I broke this guy’s legs. 我失控了 打伤了那家伙的膝盖
[21:06] So on the particular night that you’re asking about, okay… 所以 你想知道那晚怎么了
[21:09] I had had a lousy day at work. I mean, whatever, 我工作了一整天烦透了
[21:12] they’re all lousy, actually, but on this particular day, 事实上每个人都是
[21:14] I just felt like having a couple of drinks with a friend. 但在那天 我想去和朋友们喝酒
[21:17] Okay, there’s at least a dozen people who can vouch. 在场的那些人都可以作证
[21:19] I was nowhere near Rada Hollingsworth. 我根本没和蕾达·霍林沃斯一起
[21:21] – We’re gonna need names and numbers. – Okay, fine. -我们需要你提供姓名和电话 -没问题
[21:23] But please, don’t tell my parole officer. 但是请别让我的假释官知道
[21:27] James Dylan’s associates confirmed 詹姆斯·迪兰的同事证实了
[21:28] that he had indeed been drinking 蕾达·霍林沃斯被害当晚
[21:30] at the time Rada Hollingsworth was killed, 他的确是在喝酒
[21:33] so he was no longer a suspect. 所以他被排除嫌疑
[21:35] You are aware, of course, 你很清楚
[21:36] that it’s a crime to steal private property? 这是一起盗窃私人财产的案件
[21:39] I stole no property. 我没偷东西
[21:41] Nor did I call James Dylan’s parole officer. 我也没给詹姆斯·迪兰的假释官打电话
[21:44] So, 那么
[21:45] our investigation was back to square one. 我们的调查回到原点
[21:47] Usually, this means a distraction 通常情况下这意味着
[21:48] of some sort is called for. 需要些东西分散注意力
[21:54] Interesting. 有意思
[21:56] Hey, you never came down to eat. 你没有下楼吃东西
[21:58] I had extra. 还剩了些
[22:02] What gives? 怎么了
[22:03] Science– the most potent distraction of all. 科学 是转移精力的最有效方法
[22:09] Hey, I’ve been looking for that. 我一直在找这个
[22:11] Um, and what are you trying to distract yourself from? 什么事让你想分散注意力呢
[22:14] Silas Cole said he was summoned 詹姆斯·迪兰说他被召唤去
[22:16] to Rada Hollingsworth’s apartment, 蕾达·霍林沃斯的公寓
[22:18] which makes me think that the actual killer did the summoning. 我觉得是真正的凶手叫他去的
[22:20] Indeed, Silas received a phone call 事实是 詹姆斯·迪兰
[22:21] from a disposable cell phone 晚上八点四十接到了一通电话
[22:22] 8:40 P.M. 是一次性电话打来的
[22:24] 8:40. That’s not track. 八点四十 不足为奇
[22:26] Rada’s neighbor thought 蕾达的邻居在七点三十五
[22:27] she heard a truck backfiring at 7:35. 以为她听到了车爆胎的声音
[22:30] That had to be the shotgun blast 那肯定是凶手杀她时
[22:31] that killed her, so, why would you 开枪的声音 为什么
[22:32] kill Rada at 7:35, then wait over an hour 他会在七点三十五杀死蕾达
[22:36] Why, indeed. 确实
[22:38] I’ve been considering Rada’s autopsy. 我一直在看蕾达的尸检
[22:41] Her blood potassium levels were 22.4. 她血液中钾含量22.4
[22:44] That’s quite high, isn’t it? 相当高 对吧
[22:45] Not for a body a few hours postmortem. 对于死后几小时来说不是
[22:47] After you die, your cells start leaking potassium 人死后细胞开始向血液
[22:49] into the bloodstream. 释放钾
[22:50] So, the longer you’ve been dead, 所以你死得越久
[22:51] the higher your potassium level. 钾含量越高
[22:53] Of course, if you killed Rada, 当然 如果你杀了蕾达
[22:55] then waited an hour before calling Silas, 还等一个小时后才打电话
[22:57] it could be because you wanted the potassium 除非是你想让她血液里的钾含量
[22:59] in her blood to build up. 越来越高
[23:00] Mm. And what would be the purpose of that? 但这样做是为什么
[23:03] I don’t know. 我不知道
[23:03] To conceal an already elevated potassium level? 为了隐藏已经增加的钾含量吗
[23:06] Potassium chloride is an extremely effective way 氯化钾是一种很高效的
[23:08] of killing someone. 杀人手段
[23:09] It does the heavy lifting at most of your state-sanctioned 它是所有致命注射剂中
[23:12] lethal injections. 见效最快的
[23:13] It sounds crazy, but it would explain the time gap. 听起来很疯狂 却能解释一小时的时间差
[23:15] And it would be easy enough for us to figure out 而且很容易检验我们是否正确
[23:17] if we’re right. We just test the vitreous fluid in her eyes. 我们刚刚检查了她眼内的玻璃体液
[23:19] It’s not subject to the postmortem 那不受她死后钾含量
[23:21] potassium build-up. 升高的影响
[23:22] Of course, it wasn’t crazy at all. 这一点都不疯狂
[23:24] The tests confirmed what Watson and I had suspected. 这个检验证实了我和华生的猜想
[23:28] Rada Hollingsworth was killed 过量的氯化钾
[23:29] with an overdose of potassium chloride. 导致了蕾达·霍林沃斯的死亡
[23:32] This discovery exonerated Silas Cole, 这个发现
[23:35] who we had confirmed 证实之前合法逮捕的
[23:36] was legitimately 塞勒斯·科尔
[23:38] delusional. 是无罪的
[23:39] The murder was clearly the result of careful planning, 凶手有一套精密的计划
[23:42] and he was in no fit state to carry out such methodical work. 但他却没能实施这套有序的计划
[23:46] You’re smiling. 你笑了
[23:48] That is the first time 这是我们开始之后
[23:49] you have been anything but irritated since we started. 你第一次笑
[23:52] Well, an innocent man was freed. 无辜者得到释放
[23:54] And what, in your opinion, does this have to do 在你看来 这件事
[23:57] with what happened to Detective Bell? 和贝尔警监的事有关吗
[24:03] Whether one believes 不论是否有人相信
[24:04] that I have occasionally broken the rules or not, 我偶尔违反规定
[24:08] you cannot evaluate the work that Watson and I do 请你不要忽视 正是因为我违反规定
[24:10] without considering the good that so often comes of it. 我和华生的工作才能有进展
[24:15] Whatever happened later, it matters 不管最后发生了什么
[24:18] that a mentally ill citizen is not unjustly imprisoned 重要的是现在一位有精神疾病的公民
[24:21] at the moment. 没有含冤入狱
[24:23] It has to matter… to all of us. 这对我们来说才是重要的
[24:28] Or we might as well just 要么我们直接解散机构
[24:29] dissolve this institution and start again. 重新组员
[24:32] This is just one instance. 这只是一个例子
[24:33] There are many, many others. 还有许多许多个
[24:35] All of which, by the way, 所有这些
[24:37] my partner and I donate free of charge 我的搭档和我都无偿
[24:39] to the city of New York, so… 为纽约市工作
[24:44] I hardly think this proceeding is 我不认为这场诉讼
[24:45] the appropriate response to our work. 是对我们工作成果的回报
[24:47] And what is the appropriate response? 那你觉得什么才是
[24:49] “Thank you” would be nice. 一句谢谢就够了
[24:54] I’ll make sure Marcus Bell gets that message. 我会转告马库斯·贝尔这句话的
[25:10] Well, Bell’s stable. 贝尔的情况稳定了
[25:12] They’ve decided to keep him sedated overnight. 他们觉得晚上给他用镇静剂
[25:14] Less stress on his system. 让他的身体系统轻松一些
[25:16] And you’re making Yorkshire pudding. 而你在做约克郡布丁
[25:18] Well spotted, Watson. 观察力不错 华生
[25:20] Most Americans mistake them for muffins. 大部分美国人都分不清它和松饼
[25:23] When I was younger, our governess would enlist my help 我小的时候 我们的女家教会让我
[25:25] in making Yorkshire pudding for Sunday lunch, 帮忙做周日午餐的约克郡布丁
[25:26] and ever since then, I’ve found making them 从那时起 我就发现做布丁
[25:28] to have a calming effect. 有一种镇静的作用
[25:30] Yeah, Gregson told me about the hearing. What…? 格雷森跟我说了听证会的事 怎么…
[25:34] I enjoy making Yorkshire Pudding, Watson. 我喜欢做约克郡布丁 华生
[25:35] Not eating it. It is absolutely revolting. 不吃它们 实在是太难吃了
[25:38] I could dig you one out if you’d like to try it. 你要是想尝尝我可以给你拿出来一个
[25:40] I’m good, thanks for asking… 我不要 谢谢你能问我…
[25:41] after you threw them away. 在你把它们扔掉之后
[25:44] Oh, you’re upset with me. 你对我很生气
[25:45] You know, for a genius, you can be a real nimrod. 对一个天才来说 你可以是个好猎手
[25:47] You know that I have to testify tomorrow, right? 你知道我明天要去作证 对吧
[25:49] Which means I get to lie under oath 也就是说我得在宣誓后
[25:51] about puppies and-and wide open doors and… 撒关于小狗和开着的大门之类的谎
[25:53] Shouldn’t be a problem. If we stick to our story, 应该不成问题 如果我们坚持我们的说法
[25:54] there’s nothing they can do. 他们就无计可施
[25:55] Well, if you bothered to come up with a better story, 如果你能想出一个更好的故事
[25:58] it wouldn’t be so obvious that we were lying. 我们就不用撒这么明显的谎了
[26:00] You’re practically daring them to fire us. 你就是在挑衅 让他们解雇我们
[26:01] You think I’m letting my ego pay too big a role in this affair? 你觉得在这件事中我太自负了吗
[26:04] This is not about your ego. 这跟你的自负无关
[26:06] I know that we color outside the lines a lot, 我知道我们经常越界
[26:07] but this time, Bell got shot. 但这次 贝尔中枪了
[26:09] Doesn’t that give you pause about how we do our jobs? 这不会让你暂停一下我们的工作方式吗
[26:11] No. Why not? 不 为什么呢
[26:13] Why do we get to be above the rules? 为什么我们要凌驾于法律之上
[26:15] Because our methods work, 因为我们的方法行得通
[26:17] and I’m comfortable that our actions are guided 而且我很高兴我们的行动是以道德
[26:19] by a morality which supersedes any clumsy employee manual. 而不是愚蠢的员工守则作为指导的
[26:24] The danger with rulebooks, Watson, 规则的危险 华生
[26:25] is that they offer the illusion 在于它们让人幻想
[26:26] that leading a moral life is a simple undertaking, 引导道德的生活是一项简单的事业
[26:28] that the world exists in black and white. 世界非黑即白
[26:30] Welcome to the grays. 欢迎来到灰色地带
[26:35] Miss Watson, 华生小姐
[26:36] you and your partner have often found yourselves 你和你的搭档经常在警察前面
[26:38] inside of crime scenes 到达犯罪现场
[26:39] and other places of interest ahead of the police, 和其他一些可疑地点
[26:42] ahead of any kind of warrant. 没有任何搜查令
[26:44] Would you say that’s a fair assessment? 你觉得这是公正的评价吗
[26:46] I’d say it’s happened on occasion. 我会说这偶尔会发生
[26:48] How? 如何发生
[26:49] We’ve encountered an unusual number of open doors. 我们遇到过很多打开的门
[26:53] Open doors. 打开的门
[26:55] I see. 我懂了
[26:57] Did you ever break into a place to help out a puppy? 你是否曾经闯过空屋去帮助一只小狗
[26:59] Once. Although we didn’t realize 只有一次 但我们进去后
[27:02] it was a puppy until after we were inside. 才发现那是一只小狗
[27:05] And how did you and your partner 你和你的搭档
[27:06] learn about Mr. Dylan’s criminal record? 是如何发现迪兰先生的犯罪记录呢
[27:09] We looked into his background 在等着和他谈话的时候
[27:11] while we were waiting to talk to him. 我们调查了他的背景
[27:13] Neither of you stole Mr. Dylan’s cell phone? 你们两个都没有偷过迪兰先生的手机
[27:15] No. 没有
[27:16] So, you are committed to the same version of events 所以 对这些事你坚持和你搭档
[27:19] as your partner? 一样的说法
[27:22] No further questions. 没有问题了
[27:23] Actually, I’d like to ask a few questions. 事实上 我想问几个问题
[27:26] You want to cross-examine your own partner? 你要盘问你的同伴吗
[27:27] I am within my rights, Your Honor. 我只是在行使我的权利 法官大人
[27:29] I’m acting as my own counsel. 我在做自己的辩护律师
[27:30] Yeah. 好吧
[27:32] I’ll be as brief as I can, Your Honor. 我会尽可能简单的 法官大人
[27:36] After you and your partner… 在你和你的搭档
[27:38] Uh, should I refer to myself as “Your partner,” 这里我该用’你的搭档’指代自己
[27:39] or should I refer to myself in the first person? 还是直接用第一人称比较好
[27:41] Doesn’t matter. 都可以
[27:43] Great. 好吧
[27:44] After you and your partner freed Silas Cole, 在你和你的同伴释放了塞拉斯·科尔后
[27:47] how did you go about finding the real killer? 你们是怎么找到真凶的
[27:51] Rada Hollingsworth died of a potassium overdose. 蕾达·霍林沃斯死于钾摄入过量
[27:53] Potassium chloride is something that you can get online, 氯化钾在网上就能购买到
[27:56] but to use it in the way that the killer did, 但像凶手那种使用手法
[27:59] you had to understand the biochemistry of dying tissue. 你必须了解濒死组织的生化机制
[28:02] That’s why the killer waited over an hour 这就是凶手等了一个多小时
[28:04] before calling Silas Cole. 才给塞拉斯·科尔打电话的原因
[28:05] All of that suggested we were looking for someone 这些都表明了我们找寻的凶手
[28:07] with a medical background. 必须有医学背景
[28:09] Hmm. Rada Hollingsworth– she was a cancer patient. 蕾达·霍林沃斯 她是个癌症患者
[28:11] She was attended by a virtual platoon of medical professionals. 她接触到的医学专家估计得有一个排
[28:15] So, are you saying that they were all suspects? 那么你是指他们都有嫌疑
[28:17] I’m saying that, when we started looking, 我的意思是 在我们一开始调查的时候
[28:19] none of them were. 他们都没有嫌疑
[28:20] We didn’t have a motive, 我们没发现动机
[28:21] so we went to the morgue. 所以我们就去了停尸间
[28:23] You examined Rada Hollingsworth’s body 为了给调查找线索
[28:25] in an effort to find an investigative bread crumb. 你检查了蕾达·霍林沃斯的尸体
[28:27] Yes. 是的
[28:28] But I should say, 但我得说
[28:29] “body” isn’t really a 100% accurate way of putting it. “尸体”并不是百分百准确的表述
[28:35] The remains of Rada Hollingsworth’s internal organs. 蕾达·霍林沃斯的内脏遗骸
[28:40] Shredded by buckshot. 被铅弹撕碎
[28:43] Then dissected by the M.E. 被法医解剖
[28:45] Then divvied up, organ by organ, into their own bags. 然后一个器官一个器官的被分开放入袋中
[28:48] Hmm. This is gonna get messy. 场面会不太好看了啊
[28:51] Shall we unpack? 该拆包了吧
[28:54] Do you really want me to describe everything in the bags? 你真的要我一一描述袋里的东西
[28:57] Well, why don’t you just skip to the good bit? 好吧 你还是直接跳到精彩的部分吧
[28:59] Nothing unusual with the liver. 肝脏没问题
[29:02] Her heart– pretty much just a bunch of muscle fiber. 她的心脏 基本上就是一堆肌肉纤维了
[29:08] The killer must have put the shotgun barrel right over it. 凶手的散弹枪管肯定直指这里
[29:11] Now, do we think that this was by chance, 那么 这些都是巧合
[29:13] or was the obliteration of the heart intentional? 还是故意要消除心脏里的某些痕迹呢
[29:17] It seems like overkill, literally. 表面上看着像过度杀戮
[29:18] I mean, she was already dead from the potassium. 我是说 她早就因为钾摄入过量死亡
[29:21] You’d only destroy the heart 只有因为你想要隐藏某些东西
[29:22] if you were looking to conceal something about it. 你才会这么销毁心脏
[29:25] Hmm. And how would we determine 那我们又怎么判断
[29:27] whether the tissue was healthy when she died? 死前她的心脏是否健康呢
[29:30] Well, that’s what microscopes are for. 这就是显微镜的用途
[29:32] Hand me that box of slides. 把那盒玻片递给我
[29:36] Rada’s cardiac tissue showed clear signs 蕾达的心肌组织明显显示出
[29:38] of dilated cardiomyopathy. 扩张型心肌病的特征
[29:40] Her heart was enlarged. 她的心脏开始膨胀
[29:42] She would have started to feel symptoms 她应该开始感觉到
[29:44] of congestive heart failure. 充血性心力衰竭的症状
[29:46] Could her enlarged heart have been a result of her cancer? 她膨胀的心脏有可能是因为癌症导致的吗
[29:49] Not directly. 没有直接关系
[29:50] And everything in her records looked normal 而且她几月前的记录
[29:52] from a few months previous. 一直都很正常
[29:54] What, then, do you think caused the change? 那么 你觉得是什么导致了这个
[29:56] Well, it’s not unusual for it 如果是一些
[29:58] to be a side effect 化疗药物的副作用
[29:58] of certain chemotherapy drugs, 就一点都不奇怪了
[30:00] especially more aggressive treatments. 特别是一些用于比较积极的疗法中的药物
[30:02] Treatments such as the ones 像是由菲尼斯·霍布斯医生主导的
[30:03] Rada was receiving on the drug trial 蕾达也正在接受的疗法中
[30:05] run by Dr. Phineas Hobbs? 用到的那种试验性药物吗
[30:07] The drug was in stage one trials. 这种药物还在第一试验阶段中
[30:08] Typically, an experimental drug 通常情况下 这种试验性药物
[30:10] becomes hugely profitable once it gets to stage two. 到了第二阶段 它的利润就会非常可观
[30:14] We’re talking millions of dollars 只要有人知道了蕾达的情况
[30:15] that wouldn’t have made it into Dr. Hobbs’ pockets 数百万美元就进不了
[30:18] if anyone learned about Rada’s condition. 霍布斯医生的口袋中
[30:19] So, in other words, there, 所以 换言之
[30:21] buried within that bag of posthumous slop, you found… 在那些遗体的内脏中 你发现了…
[30:24] A motive. 动机
[30:26] I’m sorry. You told me you had a few follow-up questions. 不好意思 你跟我说要问些后续问题
[30:29] It sounds like I’m a suspect. 但现在看上去我是嫌疑犯了
[30:30] You most assuredly are. 你自己最清楚了
[30:33] Well, then, uh, I’m getting a lawyer. 好吧 我要找个律师
[30:36] Aah! What the hell are you doing? 你干嘛
[30:37] Hurts quite a bit, doesn’t it? 很痛 是吧
[30:38] I bet you’ve got a nasty bruise under there. 我猜那下面有块惨不忍睹的淤青
[30:39] That’s the thing about shotguns. 这就是和散弹枪的坏处
[30:41] If you don’t know how to brace them properly, 如果你不知道正确的使用方法
[30:42] the kickback will get you every time. 后坐力会让你每次都受伤
[30:44] I hurt myself playing squash. 我是玩壁球的时候受伤的
[30:46] Once you dispatched Rada, 在搞定了蕾达之后
[30:47] it was time to put your patsy in play. 就是你的替罪羊登场的时候
[30:49] Well aware of Silas’s delusions, 你非常清楚塞拉斯的妄想症
[30:51] you telephoned him to come to the crime scene. 所以你打电话给他 让他去犯罪现场
[30:53] We think you convinced him he killed Rada. 我们认为你骗他 让他相信他杀了蕾达
[30:55] Then you gave him the gun, 然后你把枪给了他
[30:56] shoved some shotgun shells in his pocket, 塞了点散弹枪壳到他口袋中
[30:57] and then sent him on his way. 然后让他上路
[30:59] I’m sure you thought he’d get gunned down. 我猜你以为他一定会被一枪射杀
[31:01] Either way, you were covered. 不管怎么样 你都安全了
[31:02] Or at least you thought you were. 至少你是这么以为的
[31:03] But the shotgun didn’t just kick back into your shoulder. 但散弹枪的后坐力不仅伤到了你的肩膀
[31:05] The trigger caught your finger, as well. 扳机还伤到了你的手指
[31:06] Opened up a nasty little cut, didn’t it? 在你手上开了条小口 不是吗
[31:08] It’s not the kind of thing you’d notice 对第一次犯案的人来说
[31:10] in the heat of committing your very first murder. 这种小事通常都注意不到
[31:13] But it drew enough blood that some of it wound up 但你放到塞拉斯口袋里的
[31:15] in the grooves on the strike plates 子弹壳碎片上的槽沟里
[31:16] of those shells you put in Silas’s pocket. 却留下了足够多的血迹
[31:19] You wiped the shells clean of prints. 你擦干净了弹壳上的指纹
[31:20] You’re a smart guy. 这点很聪明
[31:22] But those little grooves– they’re hard to get to. 但那些小槽沟 却很难清理干净
[31:24] We know the blood didn’t come from Silas or Rada. 我们都知道那不是塞拉斯或者蕾达的血迹
[31:27] This is a warrant to compel a DNA test from you. 这是给你的DNA强制测试许可证
[31:30] We can run the tests, wait for the results, or 我们可以做测试 等结果出来
[31:32] you can just start talking now. 或者 你可以开始老实交代了
[31:35] Dr. Hobbs confessed. 霍布斯医生认罪了
[31:37] He’s losing his medical license, 他丢掉了他的行医执照
[31:38] and he’s going to jail for a very long time. 还要把牢底坐穿
[31:41] Thank you, Doctor… Thank you, Miss Watson. 谢谢 医… 谢谢 华生小姐
[31:46] A very great pleasure indeed. 深感荣幸
[31:49] Redirect? 到我了
[31:51] Then what happened? 然后发生了什么
[31:53] You mean with Dr. Hobbs? 你是说霍布斯医生
[31:54] No. I’ve seen enough of your mutual 不是 我今天已经看够
[31:56] admiration society for one day. 你们互相吹捧的把戏了
[31:59] I’m talking about the reason we are actually here. 我说的是我们开这个会的原因
[32:03] The day you got Phineas Hobbs to confess to murder. 你们让菲尼斯·霍布斯认罪那一天
[32:07] What happened when you were leaving work? 你们结束工作后发生什么事了
[32:12] We were just heading out of the station. 我们正走出警局
[32:14] I’m not learning fencing from you, Holmes. 我可没向你学击剑 福尔摩斯
[32:17] – Please stop asking me. – It’s not fencing. -别一直问我 -这不是击剑
[32:19] It is singlestick. 这是剑形木棍
[32:21] Well, whatever it is, 好吧 随便它是什么
[32:23] I’m sure it’s fascinating, but I’m not interested. 我猜会有趣 但我真的不感兴趣
[32:25] At all. Now, if you want to talk about real sports, 一点都不 但要说到真正的运动
[32:28] like basketball… 像篮球什么的
[32:29] You couldn’t keep your voice down, huh? 你真的没办法小声说话 是吗
[32:31] Mr. Dylan, 迪兰先生
[32:32] it’s business hours. Shouldn’t you be… 现在是上班时间 你不是应该…
[32:34] trolling a cancer ward looking for prospective clients? 在癌症病房里巡视你的潜在客户吗
[32:36] No, ’cause I don’t have that job anymore. 没有 因为我已经没有工作了
[32:38] ‘Cause somebody overheard you at work. 因为在上班时有人听到你的话了
[32:40] They heard you say that I’ve been in jail. 他们听到你说我蹲过监狱
[32:42] They told my boss, and he fired me. 告诉了我老板 他就炒了我
[32:44] Well, that would matter less if you could actually sell… 本来没什么大碍的 要不是你确实…
[32:46] What’s the opposite of ice to Eskimos? 给爱斯基摩人卖冰的反面是什么
[32:48] Give the man a break. He just lost his job. 别再说了 他刚丢了工作
[32:50] Well, perhaps this is an opportunity for you 也许这是给你机会
[32:52] to do something a little less soul-sucking. 换个不那么丧尽天良的工作
[32:54] No, I won’t be doing anything because my boss 我什么工作都做不了了 因为我老板
[32:57] called my P.O. and he violated me. 通知了我的假释官 而他举报了我
[32:59] I’m going back to prison. 我要回监狱了
[33:01] That’s a regrettable outcome. 真是让人遗憾
[33:03] Regrettable? 让人遗憾
[33:04] You ruined my life, man. 你毁了我的人生
[33:06] You don’t get to just walk away. 我不能让你这么自在逍遥
[33:07] Gun! 有枪
[33:16] We got two men down: one officer 有两人中枪 一名警员
[33:18] and one suspect. 和一名嫌犯
[33:19] We need an EMT here ASAP. 赶快派一队医护人员过来
[33:24] No further questions. 我的问题问完了
[33:41] Well, thank goodness that’s over. 谢天谢地终于结束了
[33:44] Do you have any sense on how the judge is leaning? 你觉得法官会偏向哪边呢
[33:48] Guess we’ll find out in the morning. 只有明早才能知道了
[33:50] Yeah. 是啊
[33:53] I’m gonna head over to see Bell right now. 我现在打算去看贝尔
[33:58] All right, I’ll see you later at the Brownstone. 好吧 等会回褐石屋见
[34:16] How’s it going? 你怎么样
[34:17] All right. 还行
[34:22] I bumped into the nurse on the way in. 进来的时候我遇见了护士
[34:24] She said that you have some movement back in your arm. 她说你手臂恢复了点知觉
[34:28] Yeah, that might be a bit of an understatement. 对 而且不只是一点知觉
[34:45] They said I, uh… 他们说我
[34:47] might get better. 也许能恢复得更好
[34:52] In time, physical therapy can do wonders with nerve damage. 及时理疗对神经损伤能有显著疗效
[34:56] I’ve seen it. 我见过这样的例子
[35:00] The, uh… 那个
[35:02] the department… 局里面
[35:04] requires detectives to carry a gun, 要求警探佩枪
[35:06] so… 所以
[35:09] what happens if I can’t anymore? 要是我不能持枪了怎么办
[35:21] What are his chances of making a full recovery? 他完全康复的几率有多大
[35:23] Well, he’s young and healthy, which is good, 他还年轻且身体健康 这是好事
[35:25] but there’s no way to tell how much function he’ll regain. 但无法知道他能恢复多少手部功能
[35:31] Practicing left-handed is one way 练习使用左手能表现出
[35:33] to show you care about what happened. 你在乎这件事
[35:35] A better one would be to visit him. 但更好的做法是去看看他
[35:36] I’m well aware of your feelings on the matter, 你在逻辑上绕圈子
[35:37] even if your logic eludes me. 但我很清楚你对这事的态度
[35:39] This is not about logic. It’s the right thing to do. 这不是逻辑的问题 是应该做的事
[35:43] It would be an empty gesture. 那没有任何实际意义
[35:44] Unlike you, I have no medical insight to offer him. 不像你 我不能提供给他医学上的见解
[35:46] And I can’t imagine my presence would be anything 我的出现除了妨碍他的隐私以外
[35:47] more than an invasion of his privacy. 别无其他作用
[35:49] I don’t care if you lie in court, but do not lie to me. 你在庭上撒谎就算了 但不要骗我
[35:52] This is not about Bell’s privacy. 这跟贝尔的隐私无关
[35:53] This is about your guilt. 是因为你的内疚
[35:56] Look, you’re not directly responsible for what happened– 听着 这事不是你的责任
[35:58] that is on James Dylan. 只能怪詹姆斯·迪兰
[36:00] But this time, your fondness for blowing past 可这一次 你无视官僚权级的一贯作风
[36:01] “bureaucratic guidepost” got a man you respect shot. 害一个你尊敬的人中枪
[36:05] If I went, what would I say? 就算我去了 我能说什么呢
[36:07] I’ve got nothing to offer the man other than a few banal bromides. 除了那些陈词滥调 我什么都说不了
[36:10] What makes you think that’s not enough? 为什么你觉得那些不够呢
[36:25] This hearing has left me 听证会让我坚信
[36:26] no doubt that Sherlock Holmes is a singular mind, 夏洛克·福尔摩斯是个天赋异禀的人
[36:30] and the work that he’s done with Joan Watson has been 他和乔恩·华生的工作一直让纽约警局
[36:33] an asset to the NYPD. 大受裨益
[36:35] Now, that an officer was wounded during the course of that work 可现在有一名警员在这个过程中受伤
[36:39] is a highly regrettable outcome 这是十分让人遗憾的事
[36:42] but one that occurs in law enforcement. 但在执法部门也时有发生
[36:45] Another regrettable outcome in law enforcement 执法部门的另一件憾事
[36:49] is when officers decide that they are 就是警员觉得自己临驾于
[36:52] above the rules. 司法制度之上
[36:54] So in spite of Mr. Holmes’ 所以尽管福尔摩斯先生
[36:56] good intentions, he’s demonstrated amply 意图良好 却充分展现出
[36:59] that he doesn’t care to control his actions. 他觉得毫无必要控制自身行为
[37:03] As such, my recommendation to the commissioner 基于这些 我给局长的建议是
[37:06] will be that Mr. Holmes and Ms. Watson be terminated 终止福尔摩斯先生和华生女士
[37:11] as consultants to the NYPD. 与纽约警局的顾问关系
[37:45] You needn’t gloat. 不必幸灾乐祸
[37:47] It’s unbecoming of the good work that you did. 这跟你打赢的胜仗很不相称
[37:50] I’m not here to spike the ball. 我不是要炫耀
[37:54] I’m going to a meeting. 我要去参加互助会
[37:56] Seems like… maybe you should come with me. 也许你该和我一起去
[38:07] Boy, the Giants sure do suck this year. 老天 今年巨人队[纽约橄榄球队]太弱了
[38:10] Commissioner. 局长
[38:12] I’m not watching the Giants. 我没看巨人队的比赛
[38:14] I know. Just felt like it needed to be said. 我知道 只是觉得要一吐为快
[38:18] I wanted to make sure they’re taking good care of you here. 我想确保医院的人有好好照顾你
[38:21] The hearing ended today. The judge recommended 听证会今天结束了 法官建议
[38:24] that I end our arrangement with Holmes and his partner. 我终止局里跟福尔摩斯和他搭档的合作
[38:28] It’s just a recommendation, though. 但这只是个建议
[38:30] The decision’s mine. 决定权还是在我
[38:33] And I’ll admit it… 不得不说
[38:35] I’m struggling with it. 我很挣扎
[38:38] Captain Gregson pointed out that… 格雷森警监告诉我
[38:41] tossing Holmes opens the department up to charges 终止合作意味着所有福尔摩斯参与过的案子
[38:45] of impropriety on every case Holmes worked on. 都会让局里被控办案过程不当
[38:49] That’s a lot of closed cases that could get opened up again. 可能就有很多结案要被推翻
[38:52] Clearly, Holmes is a… loose cannon. 很显然 福尔摩斯一贯我行我素
[38:56] But this time, a first grade detective 但这次 一位一级警探
[38:58] got caught in his crossfire. 因为他而中枪
[39:01] Facing danger from a guy on your own team… 要面临来自同伴的危险
[39:05] can I really ask officers to do that? 我真的能要求我的警官这样做吗
[39:11] Wait, are you… 等等 你是…
[39:14] You’re asking me what you should do? 你是在问我该怎么做吗
[39:16] How could I not? 我怎么能不问呢
[39:17] You’ve been working with the guy for a long time, 你跟这家伙共事了这么久
[39:20] and… you’re the one who caught a bullet. 而且中枪的也是你
[39:49] I heard your hearing didn’t go too well. 听说你的听证会不太顺利
[39:51] Not well at all. 是非常不顺
[39:56] But the commissioner decided not 法官建议终止与我合作
[39:59] to accept the judge’s recommendation to terminate me. 但局长没有接受
[40:04] So I’m staying on as a consultant after all. 所以我还是留下继续做顾问
[40:07] With a little, uh, additional oversight. 不过会对我多些监督
[40:12] Congratulations. 恭喜你
[40:14] Any idea what changed his mind? 知道局长为何改变主意吗
[40:23] There’s much I should say to you. 我有好多话该对你说
[40:28] Thanks. 首先谢谢你
[40:30] For intervening with James Dylan. 替我挡了詹姆斯·迪兰的子弹
[40:34] You may very well have saved my life. 你可能因此救了我一命
[40:41] And, uh, I apologize. 其次我向你道歉
[40:47] I had James Dylan’s name before we went to see him. 去找詹姆斯·迪兰之前我就知道他的名字
[40:49] I should have done some proper research 我应该在擅自拿他手机前
[40:51] before I helped myself to his phone. 对他做些调查
[40:54] I should have been more discreet when I was attempting 在套他的话之前
[40:55] to loosen his tongue. 我应该更小心谨慎
[40:58] I could have provoked him less outside the police station. 在警局外面我也不该那么激怒他
[41:02] I could’ve… 我本可以…
[41:03] There’s any number of ways that this could’ve turned out 要不是你 这事还不一定
[41:05] other than the way it did. 会发展成什么样
[41:11] I hate what happened to you. 对于你的遭遇我很抱歉
[41:12] And whatever role I played in it. 我更讨厌这事是因我而起
[41:16] That’s why I’ve been avoiding this visit. 所以我才一直不来看你
[41:23] So, the palsy in your hand… 对你手部麻痹的症状
[41:26] I’ve done some research. 我做了些调查
[41:28] The clinic with the highest rate of recovery is in Gstaad. 康复率最高的诊所位于格斯塔德[瑞士城市]
[41:31] I’ve communicated with the director, 我跟那里的负责人联系过
[41:33] and they would be happy to take you on straightaway. 他们很乐意立刻接受你入院就诊
[41:36] But if you’d rather stay in New York, 但如果你想待在纽约
[41:38] their top physician travels here frequently 他们最好的医师经常会来这边
[41:41] and could consult with local specialists. 可以跟这里的专家一起会诊
[41:43] All at no cost to you, obviously. 当然你自己不用花一分钱
[41:50] Well, I’ll just, uh… 那我就…
[41:52] I’ll just leave you with their card. 把他们的名片留给你
[41:53] I feel good about the doctors here. 我觉得这里的医生挺好的
[41:56] These people are at the top of their field… 这些人可是该领域的权威
[41:58] Holmes, I don’t want a favor from you. 福尔摩斯 我不想欠你人情
[42:03] I’d rather not see you around here. 我宁愿你不要过来看我
[00:03] – You ruined my life. – Gun! -你毁了我的人生 -有枪
[00:06] A blood clot got wedged in his right subclavian artery, 有一块血栓堵住了他的右锁骨下动脉
[00:09] obstructed the blood flow to his arm for about 30 minutes. 阻碍血液流入他的胳膊长达半小时
[00:11] He may never regain full use of the limb. 他可能再也无法拥有健全的手臂了
[00:14] This is about your guilt. 是因为你的内疚
[00:15] You’re not directly responsible for what happened. 这事的直接责任不在于你
[00:17] But this time your fondness for blowing past 但这次你无视照章办事规矩的一贯作风
[00:19] bureaucratic guideposts got a man you respect shot. 害了一个你尊敬的人中枪
[00:21] You may very well have saved my life. 你可能因此救了我一命
[00:23] I’d rather not see you around here. 我宁愿你别来看我
[00:36] Look at you, southpaw. 瞧你 成了左撇子了
[00:39] Well, life has changed, right? 生活已经变了 对吧
[00:41] At least nowadays most of the paperwork’s on the computer. 至少现在大多数文书工作都能用电脑了
[00:44] Well, I made you some ready-to-nuke dinners. 我给你做了晚饭 微波炉转一下就能吃
[00:47] Nothing fancy. 没什么大不了的
[00:48] Baked ziti’s about the extent of my culinary skills. 烤通心粉已经是我厨艺的最高水平了
[00:51] Thanks. 谢谢
[00:52] That’s really nice of you. 你人真好
[00:54] What did the doctor say about your hand? 医生说你的手怎么样了
[00:56] Uh, he doesn’t know. 他也不知道
[00:58] It’s only been a few weeks. 才过了几周
[00:59] Physical therapy’s helping, 物理治疗有些帮助
[01:00] but they still can’t tell me if the damage is permanent. 但他们仍旧说不清创伤是不是永久的
[01:03] Well, you’re back at work, that’s good. 你回来工作了 那很好
[01:06] Yeah. 是啊
[01:07] If you call, uh, pushing papers around work. 如果你把摆弄这些文件叫做工作的话
[01:10] Hey, you know they say that learning to write 你知道吗 据说学习用另一只手写字
[01:12] with your other hand is good for the brain. 有利于开发大脑
[01:14] Builds new pathways, keeps you young. 建立新的思维路径 保持大脑年轻
[01:17] Great. 那太好了
[01:18] So if this, uh, trauma sticks around forever, 如果这次的创伤是永久的
[01:20] I’ll have a really long time to enjoy it. 我有的是时间享受这个过程
[01:24] Marcus, do you think you… 马库斯 你觉得你
[01:26] need to talk to someone? 需不需要找人谈谈
[01:27] No, honestly, I think what I really need 不 说实话 我觉得我真正需要的
[01:29] is to talk less. 就是少说话
[01:34] Thanks again for the food. 再次感谢你的食物
[01:36] Okay? 还有事吗
[01:40] All right, I’ll see you later. 好吧 以后再来看你
[01:54] Don’t trip the proximity sensor. 小心别碰到距离传感器
[02:09] Actually, would you mind stepping back a couple of paces? 说实话 你介意往后退两步吗
[02:10] I’m feeling a little bit crowded. 我觉得有点挤
[02:24] Are you crazy? 你疯了吗
[02:25] That’s a half-million dollar car. 这可是价值五十万美金的豪车
[02:26] Surely when your employers hired you 你的雇主把它交给你
[02:27] to test the security measures 测试安保系统的时候
[02:29] they knew it would result in a little bit of wear and tear. 他们肯定知道会有点磕磕碰碰的
[02:31] Wouldn’t explain a foot in the door. 但不包括在门上踹个脚印啊
[02:32] Well, they should be pleased. 他们应该很满意
[02:33] Their system’s obviously impregnable. 他们的系统显然坚不可摧
[02:35] Actually, it’s totally pregnable. 其实 它完全不堪一击
[02:36] I beat it ten times today. 我今天就撬开了十次
[02:42] You got a lot on your mind. 你脑子里的杂念太多了
[02:44] All the stuff that happened with your buddy, the detective. 你朋友 那位警探的遭遇
[02:47] Is utterly irrelevant to breaking into a car. 这和撬开车门完全无关
[02:50] Obviously. 是啊 显然无关
[02:56] In terms of my actions on the case which resulted in Detective Bell’s injury, 说到贝尔警探受伤那件案子里我的行为
[03:00] I was completely in the right. 我认为我没有任何失误
[03:02] I’ve reviewed every decision I made. 我回顾了我的每一个决定
[03:04] Every inflection point in the investigation. 还有调查中的每一个转折点
[03:06] And it is indisputable from any rational cost benefit analysis 从任何的理性成本收益分析角度说
[03:09] that I did everything correctly. 我的所作所为都无可争议地正确
[03:13] So, why can I not move on? 所以我为什么无法释怀呢
[03:15] Why does the matter persist in buzzing away 为什么整件事总是困扰着我
[03:17] at my most precious commodity, my concentration? 扰乱我最宝贵的专注力呢
[03:22] Maybe we should head for a meeting. 也许我们该去参加一次互助会
[03:26] I came here tonight, not as your sponsee, 今晚我来 不是作为你的受担保人
[03:28] but as a friend and colleague 而是作为一个朋友
[03:30] whose vocation creates certain overlapping interests. 和所从事职业有所关联的同事
[03:33] Besides I think this is what I need tonight. 除此以外 我觉得今晚我需要干这个
[03:38] Fine. 那好吧
[03:41] But tomorrow, we’re hitting a meeting. 不过明天 我们要去互助会
[03:51] Allegations continue to mount that Donald Hauser, 传言持续升温 宣称唐纳德·豪瑟
[03:54] trusted money manager to New York’s elite, 这位备受纽约精英信任的投资经理人
[03:57] may, in fact, have been running a decades-long pyramid scheme. 其实可能经营了长达十年的金字塔骗局
[04:00] Sources inside the SEC confirm 证券交易委员会内部消息证实
[04:02] that they’re now scrutinizing Hauser’s private hedge fund, 他们正在审查豪瑟号称持续年收益
[04:05] which seemed to yield consistent annual returns of 12% or more. 超过百分之十二的私人对冲基金
[04:10] Thanks to the work of independent journalist 多亏了独立记者罗莎莉·努涅斯
[04:12] Rosalie Nunez, who first sounded the alarm, 最先敲响警钟的报道
[04:15] we may now discover those returns were all lies. 我们才能发现这些回报可能全是谎言
[04:18] If so, Hauser will be looking at criminal charges 如果情况属实 豪瑟将面临
[04:21] that could put him behind bars for the rest of his life, 可能在铁窗中度过余生的犯罪指控
[04:24] while hundreds of his investors will absorb the news 而他数以百计的投资者将会不得不接受
[04:26] that their life savings have vanished. 毕生积蓄化为泡影的噩耗
[04:29] Neither Hauser nor anyone at his firm 豪瑟及他名下公司的任何人
[04:31] responded in time to comment. 都没有及时做出回应
[04:34] Stocks were relatively flat today, as analysts… 股市今日收盘基本持平 分析家们…
[04:41] Ow! God! Ow! 老天
[04:53] Wait. 等等
[04:58] I was about to kill myself. 我正准备自杀
[05:01] Please. 求你了
[05:03] What’s done is done. 覆水难收
[05:04] I know. That’s what I want to talk about. 我知道 我正想说这个
[05:10] Donald, it’s me. 唐纳德 是我
[06:00] Well, someone had some anger to work out. 有人在发泄怒气
[06:02] Steal a few hundred million dollars of other people’s money, 偷了别人几亿美金
[06:04] somebody’s bound to get ticked off. 肯定会有人被惹恼
[06:08] So, who found him? 谁最先发现尸体
[06:10] Personal chef. She came in, 私人厨师 她进来的时候
[06:11] said the alarm system was off, and the TV was on. 警报系统关闭 电视机开着
[06:14] She’s here in the kitchen. 她人在厨房里
[06:16] Miss, uh, Butler? 巴特勒小姐
[06:23] Miss Butler, this is Joan Watson. 巴特勒小姐 这是乔恩·华生
[06:29] Sorry to meet under these circumstances. 很抱歉在这种情况下见面
[06:31] Thank you. 感谢安慰
[06:33] Miss Watson and her partner there, Mr. Holmes, 华生小姐和她的搭档 福尔摩斯先生
[06:36] consult for the department. 是警局的顾问
[06:37] So, you are a personal chef? 你是私人厨师吗
[06:39] Mr. Hauser was a client for a long time. 豪瑟先生是我的老客户了
[06:42] I prepared meals for him at my house 我在家帮他做好饭
[06:44] and-and brought them here a few times a week. 然后每周带过来几次
[06:47] You any idea who might want to hurt Mr. Hauser? 你有想到谁可能想伤害豪瑟先生吗
[06:50] Oh, with what’s been going on in the press, plenty of people. 根据新闻媒体的报道 肯定有好多人吧
[06:53] What-what’s he doing? 他在做什么
[07:00] He, uh, has a process. 他…有自己的调查方法
[07:03] Captain? 警监
[07:06] Would you excuse me? 失陪
[07:09] I take it the victim’s gun was found here? 我想被害人的枪是在这里被发现的
[07:11] Yeah, by the first uniforms on the scene. 是的 到场的第一位警官这么说
[07:13] Registered to Hauser. 枪登记在豪瑟名下
[07:14] However, different caliber 但和我们在地板上
[07:15] than the casings we found on the floor. 发现的弹壳口径不同
[07:17] Figured Hauser tried to defend himself. 推测大概是豪瑟想要自我防卫
[07:20] Never got a shot off. 但还没来得及开枪
[07:21] I can assure you Mr. Hauser did not pull his gun in self-defense. 我能向你保证豪瑟先生掏枪不是为了自卫
[07:25] At least, not at first. 至少一开始不是
[07:26] Rather, he was about to commit suicide 恰恰相反 他正准备自杀的时候
[07:29] when he was very rudely interrupted. 被人粗鲁地打断了
[07:32] The handgun was stored here in this drawer. 手枪被存放在这个抽屉里
[07:35] Whoever removed it bothered to close the drawer 拿枪的人还不嫌麻烦地在取出枪后
[07:38] when they were done. 把抽屉关上
[07:39] This is a very unlikely action on anyone’s part 这对于激烈的私闯民宅攻防战双方来说
[07:41] during the middle of a heated home invasion. 都是不太可能会做的动作
[07:43] No. Mr. Hauser’s gun was out before the killer entered. 恰恰相反 豪瑟先生在杀手闯入前就拿出了枪
[07:47] The whiskey– Glen Lochaber, 格伦·洛哈伯威士忌酒
[07:49] 1926, single cask, aged for 55 years. 1926年产 单桶酒 55年的陈酿
[07:52] Yum. Only 100 bottles ever produced. 人间极品 只生产了100瓶
[07:55] Probably set Mr. Hauser back about $10,000. 可能花了豪瑟先生大约一万美金
[07:58] This is the proverbial good stuff, and, 这是众所周知的好酒
[08:01] judging by the ring of dust 而且从它在吧台上
[08:03] where it usually sat on his bar, 留下的灰尘圈看
[08:06] he kept it for only the very rarest of occasions. 他只有在极特殊的场合才会拿出来喝
[08:08] Miss Butler said the television was on 巴特勒小姐说她进屋的时候
[08:11] when she entered. 电视是开着的
[08:12] We all know what story dominated the news last night. 我们都知道昨晚的新闻头条是什么
[08:15] Hauser himself was sitting, watching 豪瑟坐在这里 看着电视
[08:18] as he filled his glass to the very brim. 一边给杯子里倒满酒
[08:20] No longer any point in saving it. 没必要再留着好酒了
[08:22] Lastly… 最后…
[08:26] …gun oil on the roof of his mouth. 他的上颚有枪油
[08:30] The irony of ironies. 简直不能更讽刺了
[08:32] Our killer arrived just in time 凶手在豪瑟先生要开枪自杀时
[08:34] to stop Mr. Hauser from shooting himself. 恰好赶到并阻止了他
[08:37] So, what? Killer just wanted to squeeze in some torture first? 为什么 凶手只是想先折磨他一下吗
[08:41] Probably not as satisfying as getting his or her money back, 也许并不像拿回被骗的钱一样满意
[08:44] but I suppose you take what you can get. 但这是最好的结果了
[08:49] Oh. According to this article, 根据这篇报道
[08:50] there could be over a thousand people that were affected 可能有超过一千人受到了
[08:53] by Donald Hauser’s pyramid scheme. 唐纳德·豪瑟的金字塔骗局的影响
[08:55] I’d say our work is cut out for us, wouldn’t you? 看来我们的工作告一段落了 你觉得呢
[08:57] Actually, I’ve got a rather good idea of where I’d like to start. 实际上 我有了一个好的切入点
[08:59] The chef, Chloe Butler. 那个厨师 克洛伊·巴特勒
[09:03] Why? 为什么
[09:04] You not see how nervous she was when we were interviewing her? 你没看到在我们问她问题时 她有多紧张吗
[09:06] Her haptics were practically screaming 她的表现明显说明
[09:07] that she was hiding something. 她在隐瞒某些事
[09:08] Well, she just found 可她刚刚发现了
[09:09] the mutilated corpse of her boss. 自己老板的尸体
[09:11] Her alibi left something to be desired, as well, no? 她的不在场证明也站不住脚 不是吗
[09:14] Well, just because she said she was home alone 就因为她说谋杀发生时她自己在家
[09:16] during the time of the murder doesn’t mean she did it. 也不能说明是她杀的人
[09:17] Nor does it mean she didn’t. 也不能说明她没杀人
[09:20] Obviously, there’s no shortage of other suspects, 显然 其他的嫌疑人也没有什么破绽
[09:22] but Miss Butler seems like a worthwhile place to start. 但巴特勒小姐看起来是个不错的切入点
[09:27] 能谈谈吗 我家里 一小时后
[09:30] You saw Detective Bell last night, did you not? 你昨晚去看贝尔警探了 对吧
[09:33] Yes, I did. 对 去看了
[09:35] And? 然后呢
[09:37] He’s better. He’s riding a desk for now, 他好些了 现在只能在办公室做文职
[09:39] but, um, at least he’s up and around. 但至少不用躺在病床上了
[09:41] As a matter of fact, I promised I’d run a few errands for him. 实际上 我答应替他跑跑腿
[09:43] I will be back in a bit. 我一会儿就回来
[09:46] If I’m not here, 如果我不在这
[09:47] I will be at the station, reviewing case files. 我就在局里看案子的档案
[09:49] I will text you if I identify Mr. Hauser’s killer 等我独自一人查出豪瑟先生的凶手之后
[09:51] all by my lonesome. 我会给你发短信的
[10:02] I am sorry about this morning. 今早的事我很抱歉
[10:04] I… I just… 我只是…
[10:05] It’s fine. 没关系
[10:07] Seriously. You didn’t do anything wrong. 真的 你没做错任何事
[10:13] Oh. I can’t believe you have a baby now. 真不敢相信你有了个孩子
[10:17] You can’t believe it? 不光是你不敢相信
[10:22] So, uh, you said the dad is… 你说孩子的爸爸已经…
[10:25] out of the picture? 跟你没关系了
[10:27] I can’t say I got any better at picking men 在戒毒以后我挑选男人的眼光
[10:29] just because I got clean. 还是没有好转
[10:32] Ross, my ex– as far as bad decisions go, 罗斯 我的前任 跟他结婚仅次于染上毒瘾
[10:35] he’s right up there with heroin. 是我排名第二的错误决定
[10:39] But, hey, it got me Shane. 但他让我有了肖恩
[10:42] I had no idea 看到你的时候
[10:43] what I was supposed to do when I saw you. 我完全不知道该怎么做
[10:46] I didn’t know you’d switched careers, and 我不知道你换了工作
[10:48] with the police around, I didn’t know 有警察在旁边 我不知道
[10:50] if I was obligated by law to say that I knew you, or… 我是不是有义务说我认识你
[10:52] Chloe, there is no right or wrong. 克洛伊 这事没有对错
[10:55] When I run into a former client in a social setting, 当我在社交生活中遇到以前的客户时
[10:57] I let them decide whether they want to say anything or not. 我会让他们决定他们想说什么
[10:59] You were obviously caught off guard, so I took the lead. 你当时明显很惊慌 所以我主导了谈话
[11:04] I just try not to tell anyone 我只是试图不告诉任何人
[11:06] about that part of my life. 我的那段生活
[11:08] You know, if-if I can help it. 如果我能忍住的话
[11:11] Are you still going to meetings? 你还在参加互助会吗
[11:12] Oh, yeah, of course. 对 当然
[11:13] No, I-I don’t mean I don’t talk to anyone, 我不是说我不跟任何人说
[11:15] I just… 我只是
[11:17] take the “Anonymous” part seriously. 更坚持”匿名”的原则了
[11:21] Actually, that’s one of the reasons 其实 那也是我想见你的
[11:23] I wanted to see you. 原因之一
[11:24] With your permission, I would like to explain 如果你允许 我想跟我的搭档
[11:26] our history to my partner. 解释一下我们的事
[11:28] – Why? – He’s very perceptive. -为什么 -他很敏锐
[11:31] He could tell that you were hiding something last night. 他能看出来你昨晚隐瞒了一些事
[11:32] He thought it might have something to do 他觉得那可能跟
[11:34] with what happened to Donald Hauser. 唐纳德·豪瑟的死有关
[11:36] He thinks I’m a suspect? 他觉得我是嫌疑犯
[11:38] You’re just someone who caught his eye. 你只是引起了他的注意
[11:40] Look, if you don’t feel comfortable, 听着 如果你觉得不舒服
[11:42] I totally understand. 我完全能理解
[11:43] If you do… 如果你觉得没关系…
[11:45] know that our confidentiality 他也一定会遵守
[11:46] agreement will extend to him as well. 我们的保密协议
[11:50] I just want to make sure the investigation 我只想确保调查是在朝着
[11:51] is moving in the right direction. 正确的方向发展
[11:55] You must really trust him. 看来你非常信任他
[11:58] I do. 没错
[12:14] Can we talk about Chloe Butler? 我们能谈谈克洛伊·巴特勒吗
[12:17] In 2009, she was one of the hottest chefs in the city. 2009年 她是城里最火的厨师之一
[12:20] Yes, I saw that when I looked into her. 我调查她的时候看到过那个
[12:22] Well, you didn’t see all of it. 你没有看到全部
[12:23] The attention was too much for her, 受人瞩目的光环过于沉重
[12:24] and she fell in with the wrong crowd. 她选择了错误的交友圈子
[12:27] When did she start working with you? 她什么时候开始跟你合作的
[12:28] 2011. 2011年
[12:29] She was one of my first clients. 她是我最早的客户之一
[12:31] I lived with her for a little over six months. 我和她一起住了六个多月
[12:34] It wasn’t easy, but she got her life back on track. 虽然很艰难 但她努力让生活回到了正轨
[12:36] She knew that the restaurant scene could be a trigger, 她知道继续在餐厅工作可能刺激她重蹈覆辙
[12:38] so she started a new business. 所以她换了新的工作
[12:40] As a personal chef. 成了一个私人厨师
[12:42] Yes. So everything you sensed 对 所以你感觉到的
[12:43] that she was hiding last night 昨晚她隐瞒的事
[12:44] was about her past. 就是她的过去
[12:46] And she has an alibi for the time of the murder. 她在案发时也有不在场证明
[12:49] She was with her sponsor. 她和她的担保人在一起
[12:52] Well, it’s interesting that I failed to detect 我没能在遇到另一个瘾君子时觉察到
[12:54] another addict when I met one. 真是有意思
[12:56] More interesting that I didn’t get a sense 更有意思的是我没觉察到
[12:58] that you were hiding something from me, but anyway… 你有事瞒着我 但不管怎样
[13:01] In that case, 这样的话
[13:01] we should, uh, focus on culling our list 我们应该专注于寻找
[13:03] of other potential suspects in Donald Hauser’s murder. 杀害唐纳德·豪瑟的其他嫌疑人
[13:06] I left a voicemail with the journalist 我给报道了他金字塔骗局的
[13:08] who broke the story of his pyramid scheme, 记者留了语音信息
[13:09] a woman named Rosalie Nunez. 那个记者叫罗莎莉·努涅斯
[13:11] Any luck, she will have some insight which we can use 幸运的话 她能帮我们
[13:14] to prioritize our investigation of Hauser’s victims. 调查豪瑟事件的受害者们
[13:16] Actually, Chloe may have already helped with that. 实际上 克洛伊已经帮了我们
[13:18] She didn’t think of it until we were talking, 我们谈之前她没有想到
[13:20] but she had an idea who 但她知道谁可能
[13:21] the last person might’ve been to see Hauser alive. 是豪瑟死前见到的最后一个人
[13:24] Uh, the director of a nonprofit named Jacob Weiss. 一个非盈利组织的主管雅各布·韦斯
[13:27] Hauser had her prepare an extra meal for last night. 豪瑟让她昨晚准备了加餐
[13:30] Part of her job is to know which friends ate what. 她工作的一部分就是了解哪些朋友爱吃什么
[13:33] I was shocked when I heard the news. 我听到消息的时候很震惊
[13:35] I-I still don’t believe it. 我还是不敢相信
[13:38] It couldn’t have happened that many hours after I left. 怎么我没走多久就发生了这种事
[13:41] Our thoughts exactly. 我们也这么想
[13:43] In fact, we’re curious if you could account 其实 我们想知道你能否
[13:45] for your whereabouts for the rest of the evening. 说明一下昨晚剩余时间里你的行踪
[13:47] The M.E. puts Mr. Hauser’s 法医认为豪瑟先生
[13:48] death somewhere between 10:00 P.M. and midnight. 死于晚上十点到午夜之间
[13:50] After I left Donald, I had a late meeting 在我跟唐纳德告别之后 我在
[13:53] at the Palladian Hotel 帕拉德酒店和一个
[13:54] with a Swiss banker named Jonas Bitz. 叫乔纳斯·比兹的瑞士银行家开会
[13:56] We were there quite late. I’m sure he or anyone 我们在那里待到很晚 我确定
[13:58] at the lobby bar will confirm that. 他和大堂酒吧的任何人都能作证
[14:01] But… I’m the last person who had a reason to kill Donald. 但…我是最没有理由去杀唐纳德的人
[14:04] Well, it’s our understanding that he handled your… 据我们所知他经手了你的…
[14:07] charity’s finances. 慈善基金
[14:08] Considering everything that’s happened, 考虑到所发生的一切
[14:10] that would give you motive. 那使你有了谋杀的动机
[14:11] Actually, it wouldn’t. 事实上 不会
[14:12] Do you know what we do here? 你知道我们这里是做什么的吗
[14:14] You seek reparations for survivors of the Holocaust. 你们为大屠杀的幸存者申请赔款
[14:16] To this day, Swiss bank accounts are still being identified 直到今天 瑞士银行的一些账户仍然
[14:19] that belong to Nazi war profiteers. 属于纳粹投机商们
[14:22] Our investigators uncover that money 我们的调查员们找出这些钱
[14:24] and process claims on behalf of survivors and their families. 并且代表幸存者和他们的家人索赔
[14:28] I can’t deny what I’m hearing in the press about Donald, 我不否认媒体上对唐纳德的报道
[14:30] but he was my friend. He donated his services 但他是我朋友 他无偿在
[14:33] free of charge, as this council’s CPA. 委员会里担任注册会计师
[14:36] And as for our investments, 而在我们的投资方面
[14:38] the council never lost a dime. 委员会没有少过一分钱
[14:40] Every penny has already been accounted for. 每笔钱都有清晰的账目
[14:43] Can you think of why he might’ve left the council alone? 你能想到他为什么唯独不骗这里的钱吗
[14:45] Maybe as he was stealing from others, 也许是因为他从别人那里骗钱
[14:48] he saw his work for us as a kind of… 就把在我们这里的工作看作是…
[14:51] karmic counterbalance, a way to do some good to make up 消除业障的方式 通过做好事来
[14:53] for the bad. 补偿所做的坏事
[14:56] Whatever the reason, I’m grateful. 不管什么原因 我都很感激他
[15:00] So, Donald Hauser was a swindler with a heart of gold. 唐纳德·豪瑟是位热心肠的骗子
[15:03] Very few of us are either completely good or completely evil. 很少有人是完全善良或是完全邪恶的
[15:07] It would appear that even Hauser 看起来即使是豪瑟
[15:08] had a moral line that he would not cross. 也有道德底线
[15:11] Excellent. This is Rosalie Nunez, the reporter I mentioned. 很好 是罗莎莉·努涅斯打来的 我提过的记者
[15:15] Ms. Nunez, thank you so much for calling me back. 努涅斯女士 非常感谢你的回电
[15:18] Is this Sherlock Holmes? 请问是夏洛克·福尔摩斯吗
[15:20] It is. Who’s this? 是我 你是谁
[15:21] This is Detective Luntz of the NYPD. 我是纽约警局的伦茨警探
[15:24] You left a voice mail for Ms. Nunez 你给努涅斯女士留了语音信息
[15:25] saying you were a… consultant? 说你是一位…顾问
[15:28] I did and I am. 是我留的 我的确是顾问
[15:29] Why do you have her phone? 她的电话怎么在你手上
[15:31] I think maybe you should join me at her residence 我觉得你最好来她住处找我
[15:33] so I can explain in person. 以便我当面解释
[15:36] I may even have some consulting questions for you. 我可能还要咨询你些问题
[15:49] Well, it looks like Ms. Nunez was killed by the same person 看起来努涅斯女士和唐纳德·豪瑟
[15:51] who murdered Donald Hauser. 是被同一凶手谋杀的
[15:54] The technique used to bind her, the size 捆绑她的手法
[15:56] and placement of the bullet wounds. 枪伤的位置和大小
[15:58] I’m quite confident a ballistics report will confirm that. 我确信弹道报告会证实我说的
[16:01] Our shooter had a busy night two nights ago. 枪手两天前的晚上真忙呐
[16:03] M.E. put tentative time of death 法医估计死亡时间
[16:05] only a few hours after Hauser’s. 就在豪瑟死亡几小时后
[16:09] I’m gonna tell Luntz to put a rush on ballistics. 我去告诉伦茨催促一下弹道检查
[16:12] This doesn’t make any sense. 这说不通啊
[16:13] Why would the same person want to kill both the man 为什么同一个人会想杀掉
[16:15] who stole people’s life’s savings 偷取人们积蓄的人
[16:16] and the reporter who exposed him? 以及揭发报告他的记者
[16:19] Seems like if you hated one, 通常如果你仇视其中一个
[16:21] you’d be a fan of the other. 就应该会支持另一个
[16:22] Rare to come across such a literal case 很少碰到这样的案子
[16:24] of someone shooting the messenger. 有人会枪击信使
[16:32] Looks like she plugged in her laptop here. 看起来她把笔记本电脑放在这里
[16:35] We should find out if it’s missing. 我们应该找找看还在不在
[16:55] Come and have a look at this. 过来看看这个
[17:04] The killer entered by force. 杀手是破门进来的
[17:06] Kicked the door here. 踢了门的这里
[17:10] Mmm. Sap of the Osage orange, unless I’m mistaken. 如果没错的话 是奥色治橙子的汁液味道
[17:14] I’m good. 不用了
[17:15] Bit of a misnomer, really. 其实有点用词不当
[17:17] Aside from a vague… citrusy scent, 除了一点淡淡的…柑橘香味
[17:19] it is unrelated to the orange. 它和橙子没有关系
[17:21] It’s a closer cousin to the mulberry, actually. 事实上 它是桑葚的近亲
[17:22] So, killer kicked in the door, 杀手踹开了门
[17:24] transferred the sap from his shoe. 把鞋上的汁液弄到了门上
[17:26] Which tells us the most likely route he took on his way here. 这就告诉了我们他来的路上最可能经过的路径
[17:32] “Monkey balls.” “猴子球”
[17:34] Beg your pardon? 你说什么
[17:36] One of the many folk names for the Osage orange. 是奥色治橙子的众多俗称之一
[17:40] Squirrels rip the fruit apart, 松鼠们把果实撕破
[17:41] spreading the seeds and the sap on the ground. 种子和汁液就溅落在地上
[17:43] This park is the only place in the vicinity 这个公园是努涅斯女士住处附近
[17:46] of Ms. Nunez’s apartment where one is likely to find one of these. 唯一一处可能找到这种果实的地方
[17:49] So you think whoever shot her walked through here 所以你认为杀害她的凶手
[17:51] on his way to her apartment. 在去她家的路上经过了这里
[17:53] And perhaps again when he left. 可能在离开时又经过了一次
[17:57] Isn’t that Alfredo’s ringtone? 那不是阿弗雷多的铃声吗
[17:58] Yes, he’s been harassing me. I promised 是的 他一直在骚扰我 我答应
[18:00] I would go to a meeting with him yesterday, 昨天和他参加一个互助会
[18:01] but the investigation took precedence. 但因为调查的事耽误了
[18:03] It still does. 现在仍然没时间
[18:06] Check it out, check it out! 快看啊
[18:07] Behold, Watson, 看啊 华生
[18:08] a generation lost to narcissism. 自恋的一代
[18:11] A populace who believes that no experience is 这代人觉得如果不能够上传到网上
[18:12] worth having unless it’s been uploaded 并得到足够的点击率
[18:15] and received its fair share of hits, 任何经历都是没有价值的
[18:17] for whom the pinnacle of achievement is having the moment 这些人的人生顶峰是
[18:18] you crush your genitalia on a metal railing 蛋蛋撞到金属栏杆上的时刻
[18:21] achieve “Meme” status. 达到的”我牛逼”状态
[18:24] And yet their self-absorption may, in this instance, serve us. 可这一次他们的自我关注可能还帮了我们
[18:28] I happen to know from my police scanner that the police 我碰巧从我警局的线人那得知
[18:30] are often called to this park to chase skateboarders away. 警察经常被叫来驱赶这些玩滑板的
[18:32] They are, to the dismay of some parkgoers, here at all hours. 据一些焦虑的公园游客反映 他们整天在这里
[18:37] So if they were here two nights ago when the killer walked by, 所以如果两天前凶手走过时他们也在的话
[18:40] one of them might have caught them on their cell phone. 也许有人在手机上拍到了他
[18:45] I will talk to the narcissists. 我去跟自恋狂们谈谈
[18:46] You go meet Alfredo so you can get to a meeting. 你去跟阿弗雷多碰头参加互助会
[18:48] I’ve stitched up a lot of these guys 以前我在急诊室实习时缝合过
[18:50] back during my E.R. Rotation. I know how to talk to them. 很多滑板少年 我知道怎样跟他们沟通
[18:53] You speak idiot? 你和笨蛋们说过话
[18:55] You also don’t seem like you’re in the greatest mood. 你看起来心情也不是很好
[18:57] This might need a softer touch. 这种沟通不能硬来
[18:59] I’ll let you know if anything turns up. 有什么发现我会告诉你的
[19:08] You’re not Alfredo. 你不是阿弗雷多
[19:10] You’re Sherlock, right? 你是夏洛克 对吧
[19:11] And you are? 你是
[19:13] Randy. 兰迪
[19:16] – Name or adjective? – What? -名字还是形容词 -你说什么
[19:18] Short for “Randall”? Or state of sexual arousal? 是兰德尔的简称 还是性兴奋的状况
[19:20] Are you asking me if I’m horny? 你是在问我是否饥渴吗
[19:22] Well, cars like this can have that effect on some men. 这样的车会对某些男人有这种影响
[19:25] Sherlock, 夏洛克
[19:27] I see you guys have met. 你们已经见过了
[19:29] Ah. I thought for a moment that your home had been infiltrated. 我还以为有人潜入你家了
[19:34] I see that’s not the case. 看来不是那么回事
[19:35] No, Randy and I met at a meeting a few weeks ago. 不 兰迪和我几周前在一次互助会上认识的
[19:37] Three months sober. 已经戒毒三个月了
[19:39] He’s been going it alone for now, but… 他现在正独自戒毒 但…
[19:41] we were talking a few nights ago, and… 我们几天前谈过
[19:43] we think he might benefit from a sponsor. 我们觉得也许有个担保人对他更好
[19:48] Yep. Yep. A wise decision. 是的 明智的决定
[19:51] Yeah. And a… excellent choice. 而且 是很好的选择
[19:54] Yeah, um, Alfredo has, uh, 对 阿弗雷多
[19:57] helped me profoundly over the last 18 months, so, uh, 在过去的十八个月里帮了我很多
[20:01] yeah, you’re in excellent hands. 你找对人了
[20:03] Actually, I was thinking 事实上 我在想
[20:05] that you might be the man for the job. 你可能是这个活的合适人选
[20:08] Alfredo tells me i can learn a lot from you. 阿弗雷多告诉我我能从你身上学到很多
[20:12] Yeah. Um… 哦…
[20:14] could you just… Could you give us a moment? 你能不能…能不能回避一下
[20:18] We’ll just be one second, all right? 我们就聊一小会儿
[20:24] You’re joking. 你在开玩笑
[20:25] Do you think the idea of you 你觉得让你成为
[20:26] becoming a sponsor is funny? Because I don’t. 担保人这主意可笑吗 我不这么认为
[20:29] I’ve been thinking about it for a while, okay? 我已经考虑很久了 知道吗
[20:31] The stuff you said the other night pretty much sealed it. 那天你吐露的心声让我确定了这点儿
[20:33] What “stuff”? 什么”心声”
[20:34] Do you want to know why you’ve been 你想知道过去几周
[20:36] so agitated for the last few weeks? 你为什么那么焦虑不安
[20:37] Why you’ve been so distracted? 为什么那么心烦意乱
[20:39] Because you feel bad about what happened to your friend. 因为你对你朋友的遭遇感到不好受
[20:41] I told you. 我告诉过你
[20:43] I was completely in the right. 我没有任何失误
[20:45] Maybe for the old you, that would’ve been enough. 也许对以前的你来说 没错就够了
[20:48] But not now. 但对现在的你来说不够
[20:49] You’re different now. 你已经不一样了
[20:51] You committed yourself to the program 你一直参加小组互助活动
[20:53] and now you heard other people tell their stories. 在你听别人讲述他们的故事的时候
[20:55] And a little empathy crept in. 同情心一点一点渗透进去
[20:57] That’s what’s supposed to happen. 这是顺其自然应该发生的事
[20:58] That’s how it works. 就是这样起作用的
[21:00] You want to help Detective Bell, but he won’t let you. 你想要帮助贝尔警探 但他不让你帮
[21:02] That is a good instinct to have. 有这种自觉很好
[21:05] Why not try to apply it somewhere else? 为什么不试着把这种自觉用到其他地方呢
[21:09] Being a sponsor means being available. 做担保人意味着需要时刻准备着
[21:11] You know me. You know my work. 你知道我的 还有我的工作
[21:13] It’s all-consuming. 太花时间了
[21:14] You find time for meetings, don’t you? 你都能给互助会腾出时间了 不是吗
[21:18] 乔恩·华生 刚到家 滑板视频上传中
[21:22] I’m sorry. 不好意思
[21:22] I won’t be able to make this evening’s meeting after all. 今晚的互助会我可能去不了了
[21:25] Duty calls. 有任务
[21:26] As it always will. 源源不断的任务
[21:38] – Any luck? – Aside from getting a master class -有什么发现吗 -除了学到
[21:41] in the difference between a switch and a fakie, no. 反脚和倒滑的区别之外 没了
[21:45] No one walking by jumped out as suspicious. 没人看着像有嫌疑的
[21:47] How was the meeting? 互助会怎么样
[21:49] Probably quite good. I will never know. 应该不错 我不清楚
[21:51] Because as soon as I got to Alfredo’s, 因为我到了阿弗雷多家后
[21:52] I was the victim of an ambush. 迎接我的却是场突袭
[21:54] What are you talking about? 你在说什么
[21:55] He expressed his opinion that it was time I became a sponsor. 他觉得我是时候当担保人了
[22:00] And what did you say? 那你说什么了
[22:01] I told him my life is not conducive to making myself 我跟他说我的人生
[22:03] available every time someone else was in crisis. 不是为了给别人收拾烂摊子用的
[22:05] You do get that no one’s life is, right? 你要知道没有人的人生是 好吗
[22:11] Oh, my God. 天啊
[22:12] What is it? 怎么了
[22:13] The man with the bag. 那个背着包的男人
[22:15] I know him. 我认识他
[22:16] Small world. 世界真小
[22:17] Not that small. 没那么小
[22:19] I don’t remember his name. 我记不得他的名字
[22:21] We crossed paths when I first started working with Chloe. 我刚开始和克洛伊合作的时候见过他
[22:24] He came to her apartment one night. 某天晚上他去了她公寓
[22:25] That you saying there is a connection between Chloe Butler, 你是说克洛伊·巴特勒
[22:27] who discovered Donald Hauser’s body, and a man seen 这个发现唐纳德·豪瑟尸体的人
[22:29] in the vicinity of Rosalie Nunez’s apartment 和罗莎莉·努涅斯被杀害没多久
[22:31] shortly after her murder? 就出现在她家附近的人有某种联系
[22:35] You’re right– the world is not that small. 好吧 世界是没那么小
[22:39] I can’t believe it, but yeah, that’s Nelson. 我不敢相信 但没错 那是纳尔逊
[22:42] Nelson Maddox. You said this was taken 纳尔逊·马多克斯 你说这照片
[22:45] outside the apartment of the reporter who died? 是在死掉的那个记者家附近拍到的
[22:48] A few blocks away. 只有几个街区远
[22:51] You know how I recognized him, right? 你知道我是怎么认出他的吧
[22:55] You were here that night. 那晚你也在
[22:57] The night he came over. 他来找我那晚
[22:59] He was yelling at you. 我看到他在冲你大吼
[23:01] I mean, I assumed he was your ex, but… 我是说 我以为他是你的前男友 但…
[23:03] you didn’t want to talk about it, so I didn’t push. 当时你不太想谈他 所以我也没多问
[23:07] Nelson and I were… 纳尔逊和我
[23:09] together… 在一起的时候
[23:10] when I was using. Donald used to bring him 我还在吸毒 我还在餐厅工作的时候
[23:13] into the restaurant when I still worked there. 唐纳德总带他过来
[23:16] He introduced us. 他介绍我们认识的
[23:18] Uh, Nelson said he was an entrepreneur. 纳尔逊说他是个企业家
[23:21] But then I realized that was his way of saying “Criminal”. 但后来我才意识到他指的是”罪犯”
[23:25] What kind of criminal? 什么样的罪犯
[23:27] I don’t know. Something with drugs. 我不清楚 可能和毒品有关
[23:30] He always had a fix, 他总能帮我搞到毒品
[23:31] and back then, that’s all that mattered to me. 那时 我也只关心这个
[23:34] But after rehab… 但康戒之后
[23:37] I told him that I couldn’t see him again, and… 我告诉他我不能再见他了
[23:41] he got angry, and… 他很生气 然后…
[23:44] he came to see me… 他来找我…
[23:46] It’s okay, take your time. 没关系 慢慢来
[23:48] I never saw him again, 我再没见过他了
[23:49] not till you showed me his picture. 直到你刚刚给我看的照片
[23:52] How did he and Donald know each other? 他和唐纳德是怎么认识的
[23:54] Was Nelson a business client? 纳尔逊是他的客户吗
[23:56] Yeah. Yeah, I’m pretty sure he was. 是的 我非常确定他是
[23:59] Well, if Donald swindled him, 如果唐纳德骗了他的钱
[24:01] then he would have motive to kill him. 他就有杀人的动机了
[24:04] But why hurt Rosalie? 但为什么要杀罗莎莉呢
[24:06] Joan… 乔恩
[24:08] you know you can’t tell anyone about this. 你知道你不能跟任何人说起这个吧
[24:12] The only reason that you recognized Nelson 你认出纳尔逊的唯一原因
[24:14] was because you were here as my sober companion. 是因为你是我的康戒陪护
[24:17] If you tell the police how you knew him, 如果你跟警察说起你怎么认识他的
[24:19] you’re gonna have to tell them about me, about my past. 你就必须告诉他们我的事 我的过去
[24:22] Chloe… I know you don’t like to talk about it, but… 克洛伊 我知道你不想谈起过去 但…
[24:26] You don’t understand. 你不明白
[24:28] I am in a custody battle for Shane. 我在争取肖恩的监护权
[24:30] His father doesn’t know anything about my life before. 他父亲不知道我的过去
[24:34] Wh-What do you mean? 你说什么
[24:35] The lawyers don’t know. 律师也不知道
[24:37] The court doesn’t know. 法庭也不知道
[24:38] If it comes out now that I’m an addict, 如果现在被人发现我是个瘾君子
[24:41] I mean, I-it looks like I hid it– 我是说 这看上去就很像故意隐瞒
[24:42] they could use it to take Shane away. 他们会用这招夺走肖恩的
[24:45] Two people are dead. 两个人死掉了
[24:49] And that kills me, Joan. 这让我很难受 乔恩
[24:52] But you signed a confidentiality agreement. 但你签了保密协议
[24:55] You gave your word that you would protect me. 你发誓保护我的
[25:00] I am sorry… 我很抱歉
[25:03] but if you want to connect Nelson to Donald, 但如果你想把纳尔逊和唐纳德联系起来
[25:06] you’re gonna have to find another way. 你只能通过别的途径了
[25:18] Let’s make sure I understand you– we now have a name 让我理清楚你的意思
[25:21] to put to the face of the man that we believe 我们现在已经弄清楚谁残忍地
[25:23] brutally murdered Donald Hauser and Rosalie Nunez, 杀害了唐纳德·豪瑟和罗莎莉·努涅斯
[25:27] but we can’t share it with the authorities? 但我们不能通知警方
[25:30] Not unless we can connect the dots 除非在不牵扯克洛伊的情况下
[25:31] without involving Chloe. 我们能把他们联系起来
[25:32] Which, in this case, is the same thing, 但在现在这个情况下 这就是一个意思
[25:34] because Chloe is the connection. 因为唯一的联系就是克洛伊
[25:37] And all this over a promise 所有这些复杂的情况都是因为
[25:39] you made in another career? 你在做上一份职业时做出的承诺造成的
[25:40] Yes. Just like the promise I made you 没错 就像我们刚开始工作时
[25:42] when we first started working together. 我对你做出的承诺一样
[25:44] Uh, what was it you told people I was back then? 你那时候是怎么跟别人介绍我的
[25:46] Ah. A personal valet. 贴身女仆
[25:48] If our confidentiality agreement 如果我们的保密协议
[25:50] had ever come between us and a murderer, 涉及到谋杀案
[25:51] I would have exposed myself as an addict in a heartbeat. 我绝对眼都不眨地承认我是个瘾君子
[25:53] This is not about Chloe being ashamed. 克洛伊不是因为感到羞耻才拒绝的
[25:56] It’s bigger than that– 比那要严重得多
[25:56] she could lose her child. 她可能因此失去她的孩子
[25:58] That’s unlikely even if the boy’s father did find out, 不可能 即使孩子父亲发现了真相
[25:59] and it’s far from a certainty that he will. 而且孩子的父亲也不太可能发现真相
[26:02] Donald Hauser was an execrable human being. 唐纳德·豪瑟是个恶棍
[26:04] Rosalie Nunez was not. 但罗莎莉·努涅斯不是
[26:06] She had a family; they loved her. 她有爱着她的家人
[26:08] She had friends, colleagues– many people consider her a hero 她有朋友 同事 还有许多人因为
[26:10] for exposing Hauser… 她揭露豪瑟的事把她看做英雄
[26:11] This is not up for discussion. 这件事没得商量
[26:12] We have to find another way to connect Maddox to Hauser. 只有另找途径把马多克斯和豪瑟联系起来
[26:17] And while we look for this other connection, 但在我们另找途径的同时
[26:19] Mr. Maddox remains at large, 马多克斯先生却逍遥法外
[26:20] free to cover his tracks or disappear. 随时能抹掉证据或消失不见
[26:22] We should at least tell the captain what we’ve uncovered. 我们至少可以告诉警监我们的发现
[26:24] Explain the situation, 跟他解释清楚情况
[26:26] but make it clear that Chloe’s identity is to remain a secret. 让他保密克洛伊的情况
[26:28] I suggested that, okay? She said no. 我提过这个建议 但她拒绝了
[26:29] What if we do it anyway? 我们为什么不就这么做呢
[26:30] Why must she ever know? 她没必要知道这些 不是吗
[26:31] So your solution is to make a liar out of me, 你的解决方案就是让我变成个骗子吗
[26:33] after I told her that she could trust you? 在我告诉她你值得信任之后吗
[26:35] I have us at the very doorstep of a solution, Watson! 我们离成功只有一步之遥了 华生
[26:37] Did you not learn anything 贝尔受伤之后你难道
[26:38] from what happened to Bell? 什么教训都没学到吗
[26:40] He got hurt because of choices that we made! 他受伤是因为我们做出的决定
[26:42] There was no way to predict that he would be placed in danger. 我们根本没办法预知他会有危险
[26:45] Just like there’s no way to know what’s gonna happen to Chloe 如果我们把克洛伊牵扯到调查中
[26:47] if we drag her name into this investigation. 你也没办法预知她会发生什么事
[27:37] You beat the alarm. 你弄坏了警报器
[27:39] Only a matter of time. 不过是时间问题
[27:40] And my home alarm. 还有我的家用警报器
[27:41] Child’s play. 轻而易举
[27:43] Not really befitting a man in your line of work. 不应该是你们这行的水平
[27:48] You might want to replace these. 你可能想换掉这些
[28:08] Well, obviously you want to talk, so talk. 很明显 你想找人聊 那就聊聊吧
[28:13] I’ve always had compassion 对于我调查的案件中的受害者
[28:15] for the victims of the crimes I investigate. 我总是抱有同情
[28:20] My capacity to place myself in other people’s shoes, 我将自己置于他人境况中的能力
[28:25] to imagine what they’re thinking and feeling, is a… 以及想他人所想的能力
[28:27] is a necessary skill in determining motive. 在调查犯罪动机中是一项必备技能
[28:30] One at which I excel. 我在这方面很优秀
[28:34] This capacity… 这种能力
[28:36] has never been a detriment to my work. 从未对我的工作造成任何负面影响
[28:40] Lately, however… 但是最近
[28:41] Bell’s been on your mind. I get it. 贝尔的事情让你耿耿于怀 我明白
[28:43] And you would risk exacerbating this problem 但你却冒着让这一问题恶化的风险
[28:45] by assigning me a sponsee. 给我分配一个被担保人
[28:47] No one’s “assigning” you anything. 没人在给你分配任何东西
[28:48] That’s not how it works. 担保与被担保不是这样进行的
[28:50] I just think you’re ready. 我只是觉得你已经可以做担保人了
[28:52] You think it’s gonna… 你认为这能使我
[28:54] focus me, and provide a relief valve 集中精力 并且为我提供了一个放松渠道
[28:57] for all the feelings I’ve been having 释放自己对于警探这件事
[28:58] regarding the detective’s situation. 所产生的情绪
[29:00] Even if I did, there’s one thing you got to remember. 即使我是这么想的 你也要记住一点
[29:05] It’s not about you. 这和你无关
[29:09] You’ve gotten a lot out of the program. 你从互助会上学到很多
[29:12] Don’t you think it’s time to give something back? 你不觉得也应该回馈些什么吗
[29:44] Early start, I see. 这么早就开始工作了
[29:46] Late night, actually. I tried to sleep but couldn’t, 其实是在熬夜 想睡但睡不着
[29:48] so I stayed at it. 所以就通宵了
[29:51] Chloe said Maddox was a client of Hauser’s, 克洛伊说马多克斯是豪瑟的一位客户
[29:54] but his name is not in any of Hauser’s accounts. 但他的名字从未出现在豪瑟的账本中
[29:56] I’ve been over the records a dozen times– 我已经研究账本十多次了
[29:57] I cannot find a link between the two. 还是不能找到二者的联系
[29:59] If we were able to establish that Maddox lost money 如果我们能够找到证据 证明马多克斯
[30:02] on Hauser’s pyramid scheme, we would have our connection 在豪瑟的骗局中赔了钱 我们就能
[30:05] without implicating Chloe, 将二者联系在一起 还不牵扯克洛伊
[30:07] as well as Maddox’s motive for murder. 也就找到了马多克斯的杀人动机
[30:09] In the meantime, I sent Captain Gregson 同时 我把马多克斯在公园的录像带
[30:11] the video of Maddox in the park 发给了格雷森警监
[30:12] and convinced him to release it to the press. 并说服他公布录像
[30:15] You were right. 你是对的
[30:16] If we bring him in, it’ll at least buy us some time. 如果我们逮捕他 还能为我们赢得些时间
[30:18] And getting him in a room might shake out another connection. 审讯他也许能为我们找到另一条线索
[30:22] – Did you tell the Captain about Chloe? – No. Remember how -你告诉警监克洛伊的事了吗 -没有
[30:25] I noticed Rosalie’s laptop was missing from her apartment? 记得我发现罗莎莉的笔记本电脑失踪了吗
[30:28] Well, I looked into it– it never turned up. 我调查了一下 没发现笔记本电脑的去向
[30:30] Then I told the Captain about the sap on Rosalie’s door 我告诉了警监罗莎莉家门上的树液
[30:33] and how that led us to the park. 以及我们如何通过它来到公园的
[30:34] Then I sent him the video 然后将马多克斯身挎
[30:36] of Maddox walking away with a laptop bag 电脑包 在案发时间左右
[30:38] slung over his shoulder right around the time of the murder. 在公园出现的视频发给他
[30:41] I couldn’t give him Maddox’s name 我不能告诉他马多克斯的名字
[30:43] without bringing up, Chloe, of course, 因为这会牵扯到克洛伊
[30:44] but at least his face is out there. 但至少现在他的样子已经公布于众了
[30:47] I know it’s not ideal. 我知道这不是最好的办法
[30:48] But given the circumstances, 但基于现有的情况
[30:50] it was quite literally all that we could do. 这是我们能做的全部了
[30:54] Well done. 做得很好
[31:01] It’s Captain Gregson. 是格雷森警监
[31:02] Someone saw Maddox’s face on the news 有人在新闻上看到马多克斯
[31:03] and called in a tip. 打电话来提供线索
[31:06] A member of your outreach staff 你公司外展工作人员中的一位
[31:07] met him at a fund-raiser 在募捐会上见过他
[31:08] your organization threw about a year ago. 募捐会是你们公司在一年前举办的
[31:11] She dug up the guest list for us. 她帮我们查找了宾客名单
[31:13] The list gave us a name: 名单中显示 这人名叫
[31:14] Nelson Maddox. 纳尔逊·马多克斯
[31:16] I remember him. 我记得他
[31:18] I met him through Donald. 我是通过唐纳德认识他的
[31:20] I-I think Donald was the one 我想是唐纳德
[31:22] who invited him to the fund-raiser. 邀请他参加募捐会的
[31:23] Do you think you’d be able to shed 你能告诉我们
[31:24] any light on their relationship? 他们之间的关系吗
[31:26] Donald introduced him 唐纳德介绍他
[31:28] as another client. 是一名客户
[31:29] Uh… I think he had something to do with the art world. 我想他和艺术圈有关
[31:35] In fact, he donated a few paintings 事实上 那晚他捐赠了
[31:37] to the auction that night. 一些画作给拍卖会
[31:39] I’m pretty sure they all sold. 我确定那些作品已全部售出
[31:42] Thank you. This was very helpful. 谢谢 你的信息很有帮助
[31:45] He said Maddox was a client of Hauser’s 他说马多克斯是豪瑟的一位客户
[31:48] who was involved in the art world. 并且是在艺术圈中的人
[31:49] I have been all over that client list– 我仔细看了宾客单
[31:51] the only thing that comes close is an art gallery in Chelsea. 和艺术圈有关的就是切尔西的一家艺廊
[31:54] Maddox’s name was not associated with it. 但马多克斯的名字与它毫无联系
[31:56] But do you think he may have been a silent partner? 他会不会是隐名合伙人
[31:58] Well, it would explain where he got all the art he donated. 这样的话就能解释他所捐赠的那几幅画了
[32:04] Sorry, mm… 抱歉
[32:05] – No. – You don’t know him? -不认识 -你不认识他
[32:08] Fabiana, did you say it was? 你叫菲比安娜 对吧
[32:11] Fabiana, would it be safe to assume 菲比安娜 我猜想
[32:13] that you are not the owner of this establishment? 你不是艺廊的主人对吧
[32:16] Why you assume that? 你为什么这么说
[32:18] I mean no disrespect. 我没有任何不敬的意思
[32:19] I’m sure you’re a valued member of the team. 我确信你是团队中有价值的一名队员
[32:21] But do you know the owner, or owners? 但你认识艺廊的所有者或者所有者们吗
[32:23] – Of course. – But you don’t know the man in the photograph. -当然认识 -但你不认识照片中的人
[32:26] And the name Nelson Maddox doesn’t mean anything to you? 纳尔逊·马多克斯这个名字你也没听过
[32:29] No. Sorry. 没有 不好意思
[32:31] Uh, do you mind if we peruse? 你介意我们仔细看看吗
[32:33] Huge fans of the neo-deconceptualists. 我们是新型非概念主义的粉丝
[32:35] Sure. 没问题
[32:36] Thank you. 谢谢
[32:40] Neo-deconceptualists? 新型非概念主义者
[32:42] Not a thing. 没这个东西
[32:43] Don’t tell Fabiana– it might crush her. 别告诉菲比安娜 她会崩溃的
[32:46] So she was obviously lying 很明显 她说自己不认识
[32:48] about not knowing Nelson Maddox. 纳尔逊·马多克斯是在说谎
[32:49] Yeah, obviously. 是的 很明显
[33:03] Excuse me. 不好意思
[33:11] You see something? 你发现什么了吗
[33:15] Fabiana, did you open up the gallery this morning? 菲比安娜 今早是你开的门吗
[33:19] Nothing out of the ordinary? 没什么可疑的吗
[33:21] No. 没有
[33:22] No. 没有
[33:27] Heel scuffs on the floor. 鞋跟在地板上的划痕
[33:32] Looks like someone was dragged. 像是拖拽某人造成的
[33:35] Out here. 在外边
[34:27] Would you care to revise your answers? 你想要更改你的答案吗
[34:29] Because it would appear 因为看起来纳尔逊·马多克斯
[34:29] that Nelson Maddox has some connection 和这个艺廊
[34:31] to this gallery after all. 还是有联系的
[34:42] So, Maddox’s car 马多克斯的车
[34:44] was parked up the block, and inside it, 停在一个街区外的地方
[34:46] we found the gun, right caliber, and the same 我们在车里发现一把口径相符的枪
[34:50] kind of rope used to bind Donald Hauser and Rosalie Nunez. 还有捆唐纳德·豪瑟和罗莎莉·努涅斯的绳子
[34:54] Now, under the circumstances, Fabiana admitted 在这样的情况下 菲比安娜承认
[34:58] that Maddox was a silent partner, and 马多克斯是一位隐名合伙人
[35:01] that his main line of work was distributing street drugs 他的主要工作是给那些秘密客户
[35:04] to a discreet level of clientele. 提供毒品
[35:07] As in, a dealer for rich people. 也就是为富人提供毒品
[35:09] Presumably, her employers were not fond of admitting 可能她的老板不想承认
[35:11] they had a drug dealer as an investor. 投资者中有一位贩毒者
[35:13] Hence, her initial silence. 所以她保持沉默
[35:15] So Maddox had money tied up in the gallery, 所以马多克斯的钱与艺廊联系在一起
[35:18] and the gallery was a client of Donald Hauser’s. 而艺廊又是唐纳德·豪瑟的一个客户
[35:20] So, that explains why Maddox killed Hauser. 也就解释了为什么马多克斯杀了豪瑟
[35:23] Now, the question is, who killed Maddox? 问题是 谁杀了马多克斯
[35:25] And why did Maddox kill Rosalie Nunez 以及马多克斯为什么杀了罗莎莉·努涅斯
[35:27] and steal her laptop? 还偷了她的笔记本电脑
[35:30] She must have found something 在调查豪瑟的骗局时
[35:30] on Maddox when she researched Hauser’s pyramid scam. 她一定发现了什么
[35:33] But if his only connection to Hauser 但如果马多克斯与豪瑟的唯一联系
[35:35] was this gallery, what’s so incriminating about that? 是这间艺廊 这又有什么问题呢
[35:41] Watson, I think you’re right. 华生 我想你是对的
[35:43] About what? 关于什么
[35:44] That Rosalie Nunez knew 罗莎莉·努涅斯知道
[35:45] that there was more to this gallery than meets the eye. 这个艺廊肯定隐瞒了什么秘密
[35:48] The red dots 这些红点
[35:50] on the wall that are placed next to some of the pieces. 标记在某些作品旁边的墙上
[35:52] As you would find in any such establishment, 这在艺廊里经常会看到
[35:54] they’re placed next to an item to indicate that that particular item has been sold. 是用来表示旁边的这幅作品已经出售了
[35:56] But in this gallery… 可在这间艺廊里
[35:59] the dots are consistently placed next to every third piece. 每隔两幅画就会标记一个红点
[36:04] As if a single individual, 似乎是有个人
[36:07] walking at a relatively steady pace, circled the room, 步伐匀速 绕着房间走
[36:12] peeling off dots… 做下标记
[36:15] randomly designating certain pieces as sold. 随机指定某些作品被出售了
[36:20] Reality would never be so tidy. 现实不可能这么有规律
[36:22] What we have here is a shoddily executed lie. 这一切都是一个粗制滥造的谎言
[36:26] I submit that these dots exist 我认为这些红点
[36:28] to make it look like business is being conducted in here. 是为了让这里看起来在正常营业
[36:31] Whereas, in truth, the gallery in which we stand 而事实上 我们所在的这间艺廊
[36:34] is much more likely a money-laundering front. 其实是个洗黑钱的掩护所
[36:38] Fabiana? 菲比安娜
[36:40] Can I trouble you for one more thing? Your books. 能再麻烦你一件事吗 你们的账本
[36:42] If these items on the walls have indeed been sold, 如果墙上的这些作品真被出售了
[36:44] you must maintain a record of whom they’ve been sold to, yes? 你们一定留有买家的记录 对吧
[36:48] Yes. 对
[36:54] You wanted to see me? 你们找我
[36:56] Jacob Weiss, this is Captain Gregson of the NYPD. 雅各布·韦斯 这是纽约警局的格雷森警监
[37:00] How do you do? 你好
[37:02] Magnificent work you do. 你真是功德无量
[37:04] Setting right, in at least some small way, 想为几十年前那场可怕的罪行
[37:06] such a horrific wrong done decades ago. 做些弥补 尽管是很小的方面
[37:10] I wonder how some of the Holocaust survivors would feel, 我很好奇 那些大屠杀的幸存者若知道
[37:14] knowing that money had been claimed in their names 有人冒他们之名索赔 他们却毫不知情
[37:17] without them knowing, or-or even seeing a dime. 更没拿到一分钱 会怎么想
[37:21] Excuse me? 你说什么
[37:22] You’ve been embezzling millions from your own charity by filing 你以幸存者的名义填写虚假的索赔申请
[37:24] false claims in the names of survivors 从自己的慈善机构贪污了数百万
[37:27] who are either dead, or who were simply never informed. 这些人要么已经死了 要么毫不知情
[37:29] How-how dare you accuse me…?! 你岂敢指责我…
[37:31] This is a list of people 这份名单上的人都应该
[37:33] who supposedly bought artwork from Nelson Maddox’s gallery. 从纳尔逊·马多克斯的艺廊买了作品
[37:36] The same gallery that you claimed to know absolutely nothing about. 你声称对这间艺廊一无所知
[37:39] Funny thing is, 但有趣的是
[37:40] I remember seeing all of these names somewhere before. 所有这些名字我之前都见过
[37:43] Here, on this sculpture. 就是这里 在这雕塑上
[37:46] It’s quite a coincidence, isn’t it? 实在太巧了 对不对
[37:49] So many of the gallery’s customers 这么多艺廊的顾客
[37:51] being survivors that you’d helped. 正好是你帮助过的幸存者
[37:53] You and Nelson Maddox were business partners. 你跟纳尔逊·马多克斯是商业合作伙伴
[37:56] You laundered the embezzled money through his gallery. 你用他的艺廊漂白你贪污的钱
[37:58] That was the incriminating evidence 唐纳德·豪瑟的文件里
[37:59] in Donald Hauser’s files. 有你确凿的罪证
[38:01] We strongly suspect that, as the charity’s CPA, 我们怀疑 作为这家机构的注册会计师
[38:03] Hauser realized what was going on, and even he 豪瑟发现了你的所作所为
[38:06] couldn’t stomach it. 就连他都无法接受
[38:08] When his own house of cards came tumbling down, 在他自己的骗局被公之于众
[38:10] and he decided to take his own life, 他决定自杀一了百了时
[38:11] he also decided to share what he knew about your scheme with Rosalie Nunez. 他也把你的计谋告诉了罗莎莉·努涅斯
[38:16] In your own words, 用你自己的话说
[38:17] perhaps it was a “Karmic counterbalance.” 可能这就是为了”消除业障”
[38:20] We think his mistake was giving you a heads-up. 我们觉得他错在给你提了个醒
[38:23] Probably when the two of you had dinner a few nights ago. 也许就是几晚前你们俩吃晚餐的时候
[38:25] That gave you time to contact Maddox, 这让你有时间联系马多克斯
[38:27] who then tortured out of Hauser what he’d done with the files. 他折磨豪瑟说出了文件的下落
[38:30] Maddox then killed Rosalie, and took her laptop. 然后马多克斯就杀了罗莎莉并拿了她的电脑
[38:33] When you saw on the news that we had 当你在新闻上看到
[38:34] identified Maddox as the killer, 我们确定马多克斯就是凶手后
[38:36] you killed him to cover your tracks. 你杀了他以求自保
[38:39] We’re already working our way down that list of supposed art buyers. 我们已经在查那份艺术品买家的名单了
[38:42] So far, not one of them or their families had any idea 到目前为止 没有人或其家人知道
[38:46] they’d been awarded six-figure settlements. 他们获得了六位数的赔偿金
[38:48] I don’t suppose you’d like to explain why that is. 我想你不太想解释这事的原因吧
[38:58] Oh, sorry. I was, uh… 不好意思 我…
[39:00] I was looking for Captain Gregson. 我在找格雷森警监
[39:02] Detective Bell. 贝尔警探
[39:03] That’s all right. Come in. 没关系 进来吧
[39:07] Frank Da Silva. 我是弗兰克·达·席尔瓦
[39:11] Have a seat. 请坐
[39:13] As in, Deputy Commissioner Da Silva? 您是达·席尔瓦副局长
[39:16] Captain Gregson was nice enough to lend us his office 格雷森警监善意地提供了他的办公室
[39:18] so that we could speak privately. 好让我们能单独聊聊
[39:20] What do you know about my division, Detective? 你对我的部门有多少了解 警探
[39:26] I got a pretty good idea. 有些了解
[39:27] You’re in charge of an intelligence unit? Surveillance? 您主管情报部门 负责监控是吗
[39:30] It’s called the Demographics Unit. 其实叫做人口统计学部门
[39:34] The-the name’s not mine. 这名可不是我起的
[39:37] To me, uh, being so euphemistic–it’s, um, 我觉得 起个这么委婉的名字
[39:41] makes it sound like you’re doing something wrong. 弄得好像是在做什么见不得人的事
[39:44] And we’re not. 可事实并非如此
[39:46] We’re just… 我们只是
[39:48] keeping an eye out on certain groups. 关注某些特定的人群
[39:51] Listening for concerning chatter. 监听可疑的对话
[39:54] I think if you took a close look at what we’ve been doing, 我相信如果你详细了解我们的工作
[39:57] you’d agree that we’re keeping the city safe. 你会同意我们是在保证城市的安全
[40:00] You don’t have to convince me… 您其实不必说服我
[40:01] – No, but I’d like to. – Sir? -但我想要说服你 -您这是…
[40:03] I wanted to talk to you 我来跟你说这些
[40:04] because your situation has been brought to my attention. 是因为有人跟我说了你的情况
[40:08] I’m told that you are an exceptional detective. 我听说你是名非常出色的警探
[40:14] You’re a man with a good head on his shoulders, 你是个很有头脑的人
[40:18] who, by no fault of his own, 却因为别人的原因
[40:21] may be staring at a desk job for a good, long time. 可能有很长一阵子只能做文职工作
[40:30] Or… 或者
[40:32] you could come work for me. 你可以来我的部门
[40:37] Does that interest you, Detective? 你有兴趣吗 警探
[40:42] Would you care to help protect your city from the next attack? 你愿意与我一同保护纽约免受下一次袭击吗
[40:59] Enter! 请进
[41:05] Randall, thank you for coming. 兰德尔 谢谢你过来
[41:09] Sure. 没什么
[41:14] Cool place. 这地方真不赖
[41:19] Won’t you please sit down? 请坐吧
[41:37] Look, man… 听着 伙计
[41:39] if you don’t want to be my sponsor, it’s all good. 如果你不想当我的担保人 没关系
[41:41] I do. 我想
[41:44] I do. 我想当
[41:54] When I chose Alfredo to be my sponsor, I did so on a whim. 当初我选阿弗雷多做我的担保人全是一时兴起
[41:57] I felt pressure to find one, so I chose him at random. 我迫于压力 然后随便挑了他
[42:00] I had very low expectations of him, 我对他完全没什么期望
[42:02] and of sponsorship, in general. 对这种担保制度也一样
[42:04] Didn’t think I needed either. 觉得我不需要这些
[42:09] I was wrong. 但我错了
[42:12] He has taught me how to get the very most out of the program. 他教会了我如何从这个项目里获利最大
[42:18] He did not coddle me. 他并没有拥抱安慰我
[42:19] And so, if we choose to formalize our relationship, 所以如果我们要正式开始这段关系
[42:21] I will not coddle you. 我也不会拥抱安慰你
[42:23] If you have come seeking a friend, 如果你是来找朋友的
[42:24] look elsewhere. 最好去别处
[42:26] If you need a therapist, 如果你需要咨询师
[42:27] I will happily supply you with a list. 我很乐意给你推荐人选
[42:29] I will only ever be your sponsor. 我只会做你的担保人
[42:33] I will share with you my methods, 我会跟你分享我的方法
[42:34] and hope that your commitment to sobriety is as great as my own. 并期望你和我一样对戒毒下定决心
[42:38] Are these terms acceptable? 你能接受这些条件吗
[42:41] You’re sober. 你不再吸毒了
[42:44] You have been for a long time now. 已经戒了很长时间
[42:47] Of course I find the terms acceptable. 我当然能接受这些条件
基本演绎法

Post navigation

Previous Post: 基本演绎法(Elementary)第1季第23集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: 基本演绎法(Elementary)第2季第10集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

  • July 2024
  • June 2024

Categories

  • 1931年
  • 1939年
  • 1941年
  • 1942年
  • 1943年
  • 1944年
  • 1948年
  • 1952年
  • 1953年
  • 1954年
  • 1955年
  • 1956年
  • 1957年
  • 1958年
  • 1959年
  • 1960年
  • 1961年
  • 1962年
  • 1963年
  • 1964年
  • 1966年
  • 1967年
  • 1968年
  • 1969年
  • 1970年
  • 1971年
  • 1972年
  • 1973年
  • 1974年
  • 1975年
  • 1976年
  • 1977年
  • 1978年
  • 1979年
  • 1980年
  • 1981年
  • 1982年
  • 1983年
  • 1984年
  • 1985年
  • 1986年
  • 1987年
  • 1988年
  • 1989年
  • 1990年
  • 1991年
  • 1992年
  • 1993年
  • 1994年
  • 1995年
  • 1996年
  • 1997年
  • 1998年
  • 1999年
  • 2000年
  • 2001年
  • 2002年
  • 2003年
  • 2004年
  • 2005年
  • 2006年
  • 2007年
  • 2008年
  • 2009年
  • 2010年
  • 2011年
  • 2012年
  • 2013年
  • 2014年
  • 2015年
  • 2016年
  • 2017年
  • 2018年
  • 2019年
  • 2020年
  • 2021年
  • 2022年
  • 2023年
  • 2024年
  • barui
  • Uncategorized
  • 一切安好
  • 中央公园
  • 亢奋
  • 亿万
  • 传世
  • 兄弟连
  • 克拉丽丝
  • 克拉克森的农场
  • 内裤队长
  • 副警长
  • 十字剑
  • 博斯
  • 卡特特工
  • 双城之战
  • 发展受阻
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝
  • 哈哈大校
  • 坏法官
  • 坏老师
  • 基本演绎法
  • 大城小妞
  • 大学生费莉希蒂
  • 大神偷卡门
  • 大西洋帝国
  • 天使在美国
  • 娃娃脸
  • 小小安妮
  • 小谎大事
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯
  • 布里奇顿
  • 幻灭
  • 废柴联盟
  • 康斯坦丁
  • 开心汉堡店
  • 德古拉
  • 德里女孩
  • 怒呛人生
  • 恋爱挑战书
  • 惊异传奇
  • 惊悚50州
  • 意乱情迷
  • 成瘾剂量
  • 我为喜剧狂
  • 找寻自我
  • 摩斯探长前传
  • 教师情事
  • 敢不敢挑战我
  • 新成长的烦恼
  • 日常谜团
  • 明日传奇
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯
  • 更美好的事
  • 末日巡逻队
  • 杀无赦
  • 柏林谍影
  • 死亡医师
  • 比弗利娇妻
  • 波士顿法律
  • 火线警告
  • 灵书妙探
  • 犯罪心理
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密
  • 狂欢命案
  • 狄金森
  • 狗狗博客
  • 生活
  • 生活大爆炸
  • 眼见为虚
  • 破产姐妹
  • 破发点大满贯之路
  • 神烦警探
  • 红粉联盟
  • 绝命律师
  • 绝命毒师
  • 绝望的主妇
  • 绿箭侠
  • 罪恶黑名单
  • 美国众神
  • 美国恐怖故事
  • 美国罪案故事
  • 美女上错身
  • 美式主妇
  • 脆莓公园
  • 致命陷阱
  • 艾米丽在巴黎
  • 芝加哥急救
  • 芝加哥烈焰
  • 芝加哥警署
  • 蛇蝎女佣
  • 贴身保镖
  • 达芬奇的恶魔
  • 迷失
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉
  • 逝者之证
  • 郊狼
  • 金牌律师
  • 铁证悬案
  • 随性所欲
  • 零异频道
  • 马男波杰克
  • 鲍勃心动
  • 麻木不仁
  • 黑吃黑
  • 黑帆
  • 黑暗救赎
  • 黑色星期一
定制该剧全部中英文对照台词本和单词标注统计,可以添加微信 kuailexuewaiyu

kuailexuewaiyu


点击预览定制截图

基本演绎法(Elementary)剧集台词目录:

在线阅读
S01E01
S01E02
S01E03
S01E04
S01E05
S01E06
S01E07
S01E08
S01E09
S01E10
S01E11
S01E12
S01E13
S01E14
S01E15
S01E16
S01E17
S01E18
S01E19
S01E20
S01E21
S01E22
S01E23

在线阅读
S02E01
S02E010
S02E011
S02E02
S02E03
S02E04
S02E05
S02E06
S02E07
S02E08
S02E09
S02E12
S02E13
S02E14
S02E15
S02E16
S02E17
S02E18
S02E19
S02E20
S02E21
S02E22
S02E23
S02E24

在线阅读
S03E01
S03E02
S03E03
S03E04
S03E05
S03E06
S03E07
S03E08
S03E09
S03E10
S03E11
S03E12
S03E13
S03E14
S03E15
S03E16
S03E17
S03E18
S03E19
S03E20
S03E21
S03E22
S03E23
S03E24

在线阅读
S04E01
S04E02
S04E03
S04E04
S04E05
S04E06
S04E07
S04E08
S04E09
S04E10
S04E11
S04E12
S04E13
S04E14
S04E15
S04E16
S04E17
S04E18
S04E19
S04E20
S04E21
S04E22
S04E23
S04E24

在线阅读
S05E01
S05E02
S05E03
S05E04
S05E05
S05E06
S05E07
S05E08
S05E09
S05E10
S05E11
S05E12
S05E13
S05E14
S05E15
S05E16
S05E17
S05E18
S05E19
S05E20
S05E21
S05E22
S05E23
S05E24

在线阅读
S06E01
S06E02
S06E03
S06E04
S06E05
S06E06
S06E07
S06E08
S06E09
S06E10
S06E11
S06E12
S06E13
S06E14
S06E15
S06E16
S06E17
S06E18
S06E19
S06E20
S06E21

在线阅读
S07E01
S07E02
S07E03
S07E04
S07E05
S07E06
S07E07
S07E08
S07E09
S07E10
S07E11
S07E12
S07E13

Copyright © 2025 英美剧电影台词站.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme