时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | See that aspiring model there? | 看见那个满怀抱负的模特没 |
[00:03] | That’s me — Deb — until the day I died. | 那就是我 黛比 直到我死的那天 |
[00:07] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, | 我以为我会直接上天堂 |
[00:09] | but there was a bit of a mix-up, | 但是出了点小乱子 |
[00:10] | and I woke up in someone else’s body. | 结果我在别人的躯体中醒来 |
[00:13] | So now I’m Jane, | 所以现在 我成了简 |
[00:14] | A super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一名拥有个人助理的超忙律师 |
[00:18] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 我有了新的生活 新的衣着 |
[00:20] | and the only people who really know what’s going on with me | 而唯一知道真相的人 |
[00:22] | are my girlfriend Stacy and my guardian angel, Paul. | 是我的闺蜜史黛西 还有我的守护天使保罗 |
[00:25] | I used to think everything happened for a reason. | 我一直觉得世间万事必有其因 |
[00:28] | Now, I sure hope I was right. | 好吧 我真希望我没想错 |
[00:39] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[00:41] | Grayson, it’s me. | 格雷森 是我 |
[00:44] | I’m Deb. | 我是黛比 |
[00:48] | Mint antioxidant edible face mask. | 薄荷防老化可食用面膜 |
[00:52] | Oh, my god. | 天呐 |
[00:53] | You’re nervous about having sex with Grayson tomorrow night. | 你在为明晚和格雷森上床的事紧张呢 |
[00:56] | Owen, I’m pregnant. | 欧文 我怀孕了 |
[00:59] | That’s fantastic, Stacy. | 太棒了 史黛西 |
[01:07] | Suppose this gets serious and then we break up. | 假如我们正式恋爱 最后以分手告终 |
[01:10] | I don’t want my child | 我不希望自己的孩子 |
[01:12] | to be around parents who don’t get along. | 在父母不和的环境中长大 |
[01:14] | So for the sake of the baby, | 所以为了孩子着想 |
[01:17] | we need to break up. | 我们必须分手 |
[01:18] | I understand. | 我能理解 |
[01:21] | Oh, my god. Teri’s been arrested. | 天啊 泰丽被捕了 |
[01:24] | I caught Teri impersonating an attorney, | 我抓到泰丽假冒律师 |
[01:26] | and I warned her to stop, but she ignored me. | 我警告她住手 但她无视了我 |
[01:29] | I told Kim. | 我告诉了金 |
[01:30] | Kim must have called the cops. | 金一定是报了警 |
[01:32] | You went behind my back to Kim? | 你背着我去找了金 |
[01:35] | I don’t — I don’t even know what to say. | 我都不知道说什么好了 |
[01:41] | How about, when I get back from helping my friend, | 这样如何 等我帮完我朋友回来 |
[01:43] | you’re not here. | 你就从我家消失 |
[01:59] | Morning, sweetie. | 早啊 甜心 |
[02:02] | What was that? | 你那是什么什么反应 |
[02:02] | Sorry. I’ve been burping non-stop. | 抱歉 我一直不停打嗝 |
[02:04] | I think it’s one of those pregnancy things | 这就是没人会告诉你的 |
[02:06] | that no one tells you about, | 妊娠反应之一吧 |
[02:08] | like facial hair and enlarged feet. | 就像脸上多毛和足部肿胀 |
[02:12] | Anyway, are you feeling any better today? | 无所谓了 你今天感觉好点了吗 |
[02:15] | Last night, I kicked Grayson, | 昨晚 我把格雷森 |
[02:16] | the man that I love, out of the house. | 那个我深爱的男人 赶出了房门 |
[02:18] | I know. Even for you, that was a bit extreme. | 我知道 就算对于你而言 那都有点极端了 |
[02:21] | – What? – Hmm? | -什么 -怎么了 |
[02:23] | Stacy, are you taking his side? | 史黛西 你是选择和他站一队吗 |
[02:25] | Listen, Grayson discovered that Teri was, | 听着 格雷森发现泰丽 |
[02:27] | yes, impersonating a lawyer. | 没错 假冒律师 |
[02:29] | But rather than coming to me, | 但他没来找我 |
[02:31] | He went to Kim, | 反倒跑去找了金 |
[02:32] | who had her arrested. | 金又报警抓了她 |
[02:34] | – Oh, dear. – Excuse me. | -天啊 -抱歉 |
[02:36] | Frankly, I’m a little surprised | 说实话 得知这是泰丽第一次被捕 |
[02:37] | that was Teri’s first time in the pokey. | 我还有点小惊讶 |
[02:39] | Okay. Grayson said that he couldn’t come to me | 格雷森说他没来找我 |
[02:41] | because he didn’t think that I could be objective. | 是因为他觉得我无法保持客观 |
[02:44] | How would that make you feel? | 你对此是什么感觉呢 |
[02:46] | Permission to speak freely without you getting mad at me? | 我能申请畅所欲言又不引火烧身吗 |
[02:50] | Permission granted. | 准了 |
[02:52] | You’re doing that thing again. | 你这是老毛病又犯了 |
[02:53] | I am not. | 我才没有 |
[02:55] | What thing? | 什么毛病 |
[02:56] | Whenever you’re about to have sex with a guy | 每次当你第一次要和一个男人 |
[02:58] | for the first time, | 嘿咻的时候 |
[02:59] | you turn a little disagreement into a big fight. | 你总会将意见不合闹大 |
[03:01] | – That’s not even true. – John Perlmutter. | -才不是呢 -约翰·玻尔马特 |
[03:04] | The night before he took you on a romantic weekend, | 就在他要带你共度浪漫周末之前的晚上 |
[03:06] | you got mad at him for not covering his mouth when he sneezed. | 你因为他打喷嚏没掩口 对他大发雷霆 |
[03:09] | Sorry. It’s unhygienic. | 抱歉 那太不卫生了 |
[03:10] | He was driving on the freeway with both hands on the wheel. | 他当时可是在高速公路上双手紧握方向盘 |
[03:13] | All I’m saying is that you and Grayson were in a good place, | 我就只想说 你和格雷森没那么不可救药 |
[03:17] | and, perhaps, you could take the higher ground | 也许你能先退一步 |
[03:22] | and apologize to him for — | 向他道歉 |
[03:23] | – Don’t say it. – Overreacting. | -别说出来 -说你自己反应过激了 |
[03:25] | Stacy. | 史黛西 |
[03:29] | Fine. Fine. Maybe you’re right. | 好好好 也许你是对的 |
[03:32] | Maybe I can forgive Grayson so — | 也许我能原谅格雷森 那么 |
[03:36] | So you two can finally have sex. | 那么你们俩就终于可以上床了 |
[03:38] | No, so he can see that our relationship is strong enough | 不 那么他就能明白我们之间的关系 |
[03:40] | to work through our differences. | 足够消弭我们之间的分歧 |
[03:42] | – And then to have sex. – Mm-hmm. | -之后再上床 -对 |
[03:44] | – Listen, I got to go. – Oh, hey. | -我要走了 -对了 |
[03:46] | The baby cake is gonna be ready tomorrow at 3:00. | 宝宝蛋糕明天三点就准备好了 |
[03:49] | Are you sure this baby-cake thing is really a thing? | 你确定这个宝宝蛋糕确有其事吗 |
[03:51] | Yes. The ob-gyn sends an envelope with the baby’s gender | 对 妇产医生会把一个封有宝宝性别的信封 |
[03:55] | to the trendiest cake shop in Beverly Hills. | 寄送给比佛利山庄的一家蛋糕店 |
[03:58] | They bake a cake that’s either blue or pink on the inside, | 他们会据此烤出内馅为蓝色或粉色的蛋糕 |
[04:01] | depending, and then I cut it open in front of my friends, | 而我会当着我朋友的面切开蛋糕 |
[04:04] | and together, we find out my baby’s gender. | 我们就能一起知道宝宝的性别了 |
[04:06] | You know what? I’ll tell you one thing. | 我告诉你一件事 |
[04:08] | This little baby is gonna be loved | 无论蛋糕是什么颜色 |
[04:09] | regardless of the color of the cake. | 宝宝都会受到无限宠爱 |
[04:12] | Of course, but it’s a great excuse to eat cake. | 当然 但这是吃蛋糕的好借口 |
[04:15] | Damn right. Bye. | 太对了 再见 |
[04:23] | Great book. Real page turner. | 好书 引人入胜 |
[04:29] | Can you tell me what happens? Is the red widow the killer? | 你能跟我说说剧情吗 红寡妇是凶手吗 |
[04:31] | I mean, what’s in the briefcase? | 手提箱里到底是什么 |
[04:33] | And spoil the ending? Mnh-mnh. I can’t. | 剧透 我做不来 |
[04:35] | Please. I’m a single mom with a 4-month-old baby | 拜托 我是单亲妈妈 宝宝才四个月 |
[04:38] | and a 60-hour-a-week job. | 每周工作六十个小时 |
[04:40] | The three minutes a day I wait in line for my latte | 我每天排队等拿铁的三分钟 |
[04:42] | is the only time I get to read, | 是唯一我能看书的时间 |
[04:43] | which means I’m gonna finish this book | 也就意味着我要到孩子二十岁的时候 |
[04:45] | when my baby’s like 20. | 才能看完这本书 |
[04:48] | I need to know what happens. | 我得要知道剧情 |
[04:49] | Well, how about this? | 那这样如何 |
[04:51] | Uh, the chapter you’re on has a major twist. | 你现在在读的这一章是大反转 |
[04:53] | It’ll take you two lattes to read it. | 你等两杯拿铁的时间就能读完 |
[04:55] | Then I can meet you here Friday night, | 之后我可以在周五晚上和你见面 |
[04:57] | tell you the ending, and who knows? | 也许我会告诉你结局 |
[04:59] | We might have more in common than obscure detective novels. | 除了小众的侦探小说 也许我们会有更多共同之处 |
[05:03] | Are you asking me out? | 你这是在约我出去吗 |
[05:04] | ’cause you heard the whole “single mom/baby” thing? | 你听到我说”单身母亲带孩子”的情况了吧 |
[05:08] | I heard you. | 我听到了 |
[05:09] | Okay, uh…Dave. | 好 戴夫 |
[05:12] | Friday night. 7:00? | 周五晚 七点 |
[05:13] | Great. Uh…? | 没问题 |
[05:15] | Sorry. Kim. | 抱歉 金 |
[05:16] | I got to get to work, Kim. You keep reading. | 我得回去工作了 金 你接着看书 |
[05:38] | I really hope that smile is for me. | 我希望你的笑容是因为我 |
[05:40] | Of course. It’s for you. | 当然是因为你 |
[05:42] | – I couldn’t sleep last night. – Same here. | -我昨晚一夜没睡 -我也是 |
[05:45] | I…guess we had our…first fight. | 我们 这是 吵了第一架 |
[05:49] | But, you know, it’s over now, | 但是 现在也结束了 |
[05:51] | and I realize that I…overreacted. | 我知道自己反应过激了 |
[05:56] | Ah, that’s a relief. | 我真是松了口气 |
[05:57] | I — I’m glad you understand where I’m coming from. | 我很高兴 你能理解我的初衷 |
[06:00] | Well, I didn’t say that I understood, | 我没说我能理解 |
[06:03] | I said that I overreacted, | 我说我反应过激了 |
[06:05] | because I turned a disagreement into a fight. | 因为我把一次分歧闹大了 |
[06:07] | But you admit that I didn’t do anything wrong. | 但是你承认了我没做错事 |
[06:09] | I cannot believe that you think not telling me about Teri | 我简直无法相信 你觉得你背着我 |
[06:12] | and going behind my back to Kim wasn’t wrong. | 把泰丽的事情告诉金不算做错事 |
[06:15] | Well, you would’ve protected Teri, | 你肯定会保护泰丽 |
[06:16] | and given what’s at stake, that would’ve been irrational. | 将自己置于不顾 那就太不理智了 |
[06:19] | You did not just call me irrational. | 你刚刚不是说我不理智吧 |
[06:21] | – Excuse me. – What? | -抱歉 -怎么了 |
[06:23] | – Are you Jane Bingum? – Yes. How can I help you? | -你是简·宾格温吗 -是 有事吗 |
[06:26] | I’m with the department of justice. | 我是司法部的 |
[06:27] | You’ve been assigned a new client. | 你被分配了一名新客户 |
[06:28] | Our firm doesn’t take federal assignments. | 我们律师行不接受联邦委任 |
[06:30] | Per the foreign intelligence surveillance act, you do now. | 据外国情报监视法案 你现在要接受了 |
[06:33] | I’ll be escorting you to the detention center. | 我会护送你到羁留中心 |
[06:35] | Okay? | 好吧 |
[06:36] | The judge also requested a Grayson Kent. | 法官同时传召格雷森·肯特 |
[06:39] | That would be me. | 是我 |
[06:40] | I have a car waiting. Let’s go. | 楼下有车等 走吧 |
[06:41] | Hold on. Excuse me. Who exactly are we representing? | 抱歉 等一下 我们到底是要代表谁 |
[06:45] | oh, my god! | 天啊 |
[06:45] | Is this about the Justin Bieber deportation? | 这是为了贾斯汀·比伯被遣返的案子吗 |
[06:48] | I’m not at liberty to say. | 我无权透露相关信息 |
[06:49] | Okay, so you’re expecting us to meet a new client | 所以你希望我们在对案件一无所知的情况下 |
[06:52] | with absolutely no context. | 会见新客户 |
[06:54] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 女士 |
[06:57] | Well, if you ask me, that seems a bit…irrational. | 如果你问我 我会说 这有点不理智 |
[07:08] | Good morning — again. | 早啊 再一次 |
[07:11] | Dave? | 戴夫 |
[07:12] | W-what are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[07:14] | One of your assistants is in jail, | 你们的助理之一被捕入狱 |
[07:15] | so I’m filling in till she gets out. | 所以我来替班 直到她出狱 |
[07:17] | – You’re the temp? – I am. | -你是临时工 -对 |
[07:20] | And, ms. Kaswell, your 9:30 is waiting for you | 卡斯维尔小姐 你九点半约的客户 |
[07:22] | in the conference room. | 已经在会议室等了 |
[07:24] | O-kay… | 好吧 |
[07:31] | When our pastor announced | 当我们的牧师宣布 |
[07:32] | that two church members had been killed in a car accident | 我们教区的两名成员因车祸去世 |
[07:35] | and that their four children were gonna be separated | 而他们的四个孩子将被分别送往 |
[07:37] | and sent to different homes, | 不同的寄养家庭 |
[07:38] | Well, we just couldn’t let that happen. | 我们不能让这样的事情发生 |
[07:41] | We said, “We’ll take them all,” | 我们说”我们会接纳所有孩子” |
[07:42] | and applied to be the Bowens’ foster parents. | 然后申请成为鲍温家孩子们的养父母 |
[07:44] | Our house was small, | 我们家很小 |
[07:46] | but at least the kids could stay together. | 但至少他们能一家团圆 |
[07:47] | Well, now you have 5,000 square feet | 现在 你们有了四百多平米的 |
[07:49] | of state-of-the-art improvements. | 漂亮大房子 |
[07:51] | Thank you, “Ultimate Home Do-over.” | 谢谢《终极家庭改造》 |
[07:55] | Well, your foster family seem like lovely people. | 你的养父母看起来不错 |
[07:57] | I assume you’re here to start the adoption process. | 所以你们来这是准备办领养手续吗 |
[08:00] | Three days after the show aired, | 这点事节目播出后三天 |
[08:01] | – The Biltmans kicked us out. – What? | -比尔特曼夫妇把我们赶了出来 -什么 |
[08:03] | They say we’re too much trouble. | 他们说我们是大麻烦 |
[08:05] | And now, me, Julia, and Nate | 而现在 我 茱莉亚和内特 |
[08:07] | are back in group homes. | 回到了福利院 |
[08:08] | And I’m living with our nana. | 而我则和奶奶住 |
[08:10] | Our grandma would take us all, | 我们的祖母倒是能收留我们 |
[08:11] | but she lives a teeny onebedroom in public housing. | 但是她住在一居室的公租房里 |
[08:15] | They’re strict about how many people can live in one unit. | 他们对一间房可以住多少人管得很严 |
[08:17] | We want to sue the Biltmans to take us back | 我们想让比尔特曼夫妇接我们回去 |
[08:19] | so we can all be together. | 这样我们就可以在一起了 |
[08:20] | Okay, look. | 好的 |
[08:21] | Before we go around suing people, | 在咱们起诉他们之前 |
[08:24] | why don’t you let me have a conversation with your foster family? | 为什么不让我和你们的领养家庭谈一谈呢 |
[08:26] | We’ll see if there’s something we can work out. | 我们看看有没有其他办法 |
[08:29] | Sound good? | 听起来不错吧 |
[08:31] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:35] | We’ve been walking for 15 minutes. | 咱们都走了十五分钟了 |
[08:38] | Sir, how much further? | 先生 还有多远 |
[08:40] | Your client’s been isolated from the rest of the detainees. | 你的客户和其他囚犯隔离开了 |
[08:43] | The cell’s just up ahead. | 牢房就在前边 |
[08:45] | Who is it? Chapo Guzman? | 他是谁啊 “矮子”古斯曼吗 |
[08:47] | Edward Snowden? Abu Nazir? | 爱德华·斯诺登 阿布·纳齐尔 |
[08:49] | Sir, with this client, can you even ensure our safety? | 先生 有这样一位客户 您能保证我们的安全吗 |
[08:54] | In here, you’re safe. | 在这里 你们很安全 |
[08:56] | But your client’s considered | 但是你的客户被认为是 |
[08:57] | one of the most dangerous people in america. | 美国最危险的人物之一 |
[09:18] | Hi. I’m Susan Peterson. I want to go home. | 你好 我是苏珊·彼得森 我想回家 |
[09:30] | I have no idea why I’m here. I didn’t commit a crime. | 我不知道我为什么会在这 我没犯罪 |
[09:33] | I swear, whatever they think I did, I- I’m innocent. | 我发誓 不管他们怎么想 我是无辜的 |
[09:37] | Well, tell us about the arrest. | 跟我们说说你被捕的过程 |
[09:39] | Uh, this morning, I was at home, | 今天早上 我在家里 |
[09:42] | taking a cake out of the oven, | 正从烤炉里取出蛋糕 |
[09:45] | when men in S.W.A.T. Gear busted down my front door. | 这时佩戴特警装备的人踢开了前门 |
[09:48] | They put a cloth bag over my head and dragged me away. | 他们给我套了头罩就把我拖走了 |
[09:53] | Do you know what they’ve told my family? | 你知道他们是怎么和我家人说的吗 |
[09:54] | Um, they haven’t shared anything with us. | 他们还没有和我们分享任何信息 |
[09:56] | Mrs. Peterson, obviously, the government feels | 彼得森夫人 美国政府显然认为 |
[09:58] | that you’re a threat to national security. | 您威胁到了国家安全 |
[10:01] | Can you tell us anything | 您能告诉我们任何 |
[10:03] | that can help us prepare your defense? | 能够帮助我们为您辩护的事吗 |
[10:05] | I can tell you this is all a mistake. | 我跟你们说这一切都是误会 |
[10:07] | Maybe there’s another Susan Peterson | 也许有另一个苏珊·彼得森 |
[10:08] | who did whatever they think I did, but I’m a lawabiding citizen. | 做了他们认为我做的事 但我是守法公民 |
[10:13] | I’m a mom. I– I take care of the house. | 我是个母亲 我料理家务 |
[10:17] | I– I run school committees. | 我是家长委员会成员 |
[10:20] | And my husband’s a good man. | 我的丈夫是个好人 |
[10:23] | He’s a landscaper. | 他是个园艺师 |
[10:24] | He owns his own business. | 他有自己的生意 |
[10:27] | Okay. Mrs. Peterson, here’s what we’re gonna do | 好的 彼得森夫人 我们这么办 |
[10:30] | Please, call me Susan. | 叫我苏珊就可以了 |
[10:32] | Susan, we’re gonna speak to the judge, | 苏珊 我们会去和法官谈谈 |
[10:34] | and we’re gonna find out what’s going on. | 找出事发原因 |
[10:41] | Mr. and Mrs. Biltman, | 比尔特曼先生和夫人 |
[10:42] | I know how difficult it is to be a parent. | 我知道为人父母有多难 |
[10:45] | Those foster kids were impossible. | 那些领养孩子简直难以忍受 |
[10:46] | They were slobs- – left their rooms a mess, | 他们懒得要死 屋子一团乱 |
[10:49] | they’d talk over the tv, | 看电视的时候大声讲话 |
[10:50] | and they were always demanding | 而且总是要求我们像司机一样 |
[10:52] | that we drive them around like chauffeurs. | 载他们到处转 |
[10:55] | The little one would come into our room at night | 最小的那个孩子晚上总是跑到我们房间 |
[10:57] | and crawl into bed with us, even though we asked her not to. | 爬上床跟我们一起睡 劝她也没用 |
[11:00] | So you kicked the kids out | 所以你把他们赶走 |
[11:02] | because they were behaving like kids? | 是因为他们表现得像孩子一样 |
[11:05] | Don’t you dare judge us. | 不需要你来批判我们 |
[11:06] | Did you encourage good behavior with a reward system? | 你用奖励机制来激励良好行为了吗 |
[11:09] | You know, Modern Parent magazine | 《现代父母》杂志 |
[11:10] | has an excellent article this month on disciplinary methods. | 这个月有篇关于规范训练的好文章 |
[11:13] | I can have my assistant make you a copy. | 我可以让我的助理给您复印一份 |
[11:14] | That’s not necessary. | 这个不需要 |
[11:17] | Look, we…gave it a shot. It just didn’t work out. | 我们尝试过跟他们相处 但效果不理想 |
[11:21] | You made a commitment to the Bowen children. | 你向鲍温家孩子们做出了承诺 |
[11:23] | I’m gonna stop you there. | 我要打住你了 |
[11:24] | Foster parenting, by definition, is temporary. | “养父母”从字面来看是临时性的 |
[11:28] | Let me cut to the chase. | 让我直说吧 |
[11:29] | If you think you can kick those kids out | 如果你们认为可以把孩子赶出去 |
[11:31] | and keep that big, old house, you can forget it. | 还保留那间大房子 那就少做梦了 |
[11:33] | That house belongs to my clients. | 那间房子属于我的客户 |
[11:36] | The children don’t have a claim. | 那群孩子没有起诉权 |
[11:37] | Without those children, | 没有那些孩子 |
[11:38] | your clients would still be slumming it | 你的客户还苟活在 |
[11:40] | in a two-bedroom teardown. | 一间两居室拆迁房里呢 |
[11:41] | So you can either move out | 所以你们要么搬出去 |
[11:43] | and let the Bowen children move back in | 让鲍温家孩子们搬回去 |
[11:45] | or buy them an equivalent house. | 要么就给他们买间价值相等的房子 |
[11:48] | We’re done here. | 谈话结束了 |
[11:49] | Thank you for your time. I’ll see you in court. | 谢谢你们抽时间过来 我们法庭见 |
[11:57] | What can I get you? | 您需要什么 |
[11:58] | I’ll have a green- | 我要杯绿… |
[12:00] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[12:01] | I’m pregnant, and it’s making me burp. | 我怀孕了 弄得我老打嗝 |
[12:03] | I’ll have a caffeinefree green tea. | 我要杯脱咖啡因绿茶 |
[12:06] | How often are you burping? | 你打嗝多久了 |
[12:07] | The past 24 hours. | 有二十四小时了 |
[12:09] | It pretty much hasn’t stopped. | 根本就没停过 |
[12:11] | It’s probably because- you know what? | 你这可能是… |
[12:13] | – Never mind. – What? | -算我没说 -什么 |
[12:15] | It’s nothing. Nothing. | 没什么 没事 |
[12:17] | Please tell me what you were gonna say. | 求你告诉我你要说什么 |
[12:19] | Well, my mother was a midwife, | 我母亲是个接生婆 |
[12:20] | and she said when a pregnant woman is burping like you, | 她说如果孕妇像你这样打嗝 |
[12:23] | it means she’s having an evil baby. | 就意味着她怀了个邪恶的婴儿 |
[12:25] | What? | 什么 |
[12:25] | I’m sorry, honey, but your baby is cursed. | 抱歉 亲爱的 但是你的孩子被诅咒了 |
[12:27] | Now, what can I get you to eat? | 你想吃点什么 |
[12:29] | I recommend the turkey burger. It’s free-range. | 我推荐火鸡汉堡 用的是天然放养火鸡肉 |
[12:35] | In light of the serious nature of the charges, | 基于起诉的严重性 |
[12:38] | we’re asking that the defendant be held without bail. | 我们请求禁止被告保释 |
[12:40] | Your honor, despite repeated requests, | 法官大人 尽管已请求多次 |
[12:42] | we still haven’t been told what our client’s been charged with. | 但我们还是不知道客户被起诉的罪名 |
[12:44] | As a matter of national security, | 基于对国家安全的考虑 |
[12:46] | we cannot disclose that. | 我们不能透露罪名 |
[12:47] | Okay, in this country, | 是吗 在这个国家 |
[12:48] | you can’t hold someone without probable cause. | 你不可以毫无理由地扣押某人 |
[12:51] | I agree. But for the record, | 我同意 但是说实话 |
[12:52] | the government hasn’t shared the charges with me, either. | 检方也没有通知我起诉内容 |
[12:56] | Should you wish to proceed, | 假如你要继续起诉 |
[12:58] | I demand to hear the evidence against the defendant. | 我想听取对被告的不利证据 |
[13:00] | Yes, your honor, | 是的 法官大人 |
[13:01] | the government will establish our grounds for probable cause ex parte | 检方将会在配有敏感隔间的禁止旁听法庭上 |
[13:05] | in a closed session in the SCIF. | 单方面提出合理根据 |
[13:07] | Uh, excuse me. What’s a “SCIF”? | 抱歉 “敏感隔间”是什么 |
[13:09] | It is a “Sensitive compartmentalized information facility.” | 全称是 敏感信息隔间设备 |
[13:13] | Behind that door is a little room | 在那扇门之后有个小屋 |
[13:15] | swept for bugs prior to every meeting. | 在听证前会进行窃听扫描 |
[13:17] | Very well then. We will continue in the SCIF. | 很好 我们在敏感隔间里继续审理 |
[13:20] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[13:22] | I’m sorry, but you two are not allowed in the SCIF. | 抱歉 但是你俩不许进入敏感隔间 |
[13:25] | What? | 什么 |
[13:26] | You don’t have security clearance. | 你们的安全许可等级不够 |
[13:39] | I need you to get this brief to the clerk. | 我需要你把这份辩护状送给书记员 |
[13:41] | No problem, Ms. Kaswell. | 没问题 卡斯维女士 |
[13:42] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[13:44] | Dave, by any chance, are you an artist? | 戴夫 你不会凑巧是个艺术家把 |
[13:47] | No. Why? | 不是 怎么了 |
[13:49] | Let me guess. You’re writing a novel. | 让我猜猜 你在写一部小说 |
[13:52] | Nope. Just love to read. | 没有 我只喜欢读而已 |
[13:53] | Okay, I give up. What are your aspirations? | 好吧 我放弃 你的追求是什么 |
[13:56] | My aspirations? | 我的追求 |
[13:58] | Yeah, professionally. What do you want to be doing? | 是啊 个人来说 你最想做什么 |
[14:00] | Well, I’m a temp, Kim. I love my life. | 我是临时工 金 我爱这样的生活 |
[14:03] | No stress, in at 9:00, out at 6:00, make enough money to live, | 没有压力 朝九晚六 赚钱够活 |
[14:07] | have enough time to do the things that I love | 有充足的时间做爱做的事 |
[14:09] | Hiking, snowboarding, reading a complete novel. | 徒步旅行 滑雪 读完一本完整的小说 |
[14:15] | But you’re wearing an expensive suit. | 但是你穿了一套很昂贵的西装 |
[14:17] | I mean, how does a temp afford something like that? | 我是说 一位临时工怎么买得起呢 |
[14:20] | Trust fund. | 信托基金 |
[14:21] | It was my brother’s. | 是我哥哥的 |
[14:22] | He’s a lawyer and spends all his days stress eating. | 他是位律师 整天就在暴食减压 |
[14:25] | And thanks to his expanding waistline, | 感谢他日益增大的腰围 |
[14:27] | I got his old wardrobe. | 我可以捡他的旧衣服穿 |
[14:30] | Okay. Uh, well… | 好吧 那么 |
[14:34] | …make sure the clerk gets that brief. | 一定要把那份辩护状送给书记员 |
[14:39] | Are they ever going to come out of that room? | 他们什么时候能从那屋子里出来 |
[14:41] | They’ve been in there almost an hour. | 他们在里面快一个小时了 |
[14:44] | You know, Susan, the judge seemed pretty reasonable. | 知道吗 苏珊 法官看起来挺讲理的 |
[14:47] | So unless the government has real cause, | 所以除非检方有正当诉由 |
[14:49] | I– I bet she’ll let you go. | 我打赌她会放了你的 |
[14:59] | I have reviewed the evidence, | 我已经审核了证据 |
[15:01] | and I am ordering that Susan Peterson | 因此我判定苏珊·彼得森 |
[15:03] | be held without bail until trial. | 无保释监禁 直至庭审 |
[15:06] | – No. – On what grounds? | -不 -根据是什么 |
[15:07] | I am not at liberty to say. | 我无权公开 |
[15:09] | Your honor, we’re at least entitled to see | 法官大人 我们最起码有权查看 |
[15:10] | – the charging document. – Yes. | -起诉文件 -是的 |
[15:12] | And I have instructed the AUSA to hand them over. | 我已经命令助理检察官交给你们了 |
[15:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:19] | It’s all blacked out. | 内容都被涂掉了 |
[15:20] | Uh, except for “National security risk,” | 除了”国家安全风险” |
[15:22] | “Informant 6869,” and “Treason.” | “告密者6869″和”叛国罪” |
[15:27] | It’s redacted as a matter of national security. | 这意味着事关国家安全 |
[15:29] | At this point, I am ordering the guards | 因此 我命令警卫 |
[15:31] | to return the defendant to solitary. | 将被告带回隔离牢房 |
[15:34] | No. | 不 |
[15:36] | No. | 不 |
[15:37] | Jane, help me. | 简 帮帮我 |
[15:39] | No, help me! Jane, please! | 不 帮帮我 简 求你了 |
[15:42] | Help me, Jane. I’m innocent. | 帮帮我 简 我是无辜的 |
[15:53] | Stacy, did that come out of you? | 史黛西 那是你发出的声音吗 |
[15:56] | Unfortunately, yes, Owen. | 可惜是的 欧文 |
[15:58] | Does evil run in your family? | 你们家族有邪恶血统吗 |
[16:00] | Uh, mostly neurosis and sluggish thyroids. | 多数是精神衰弱和甲状腺问题 |
[16:03] | Evil, I don’t recall. What’s going on? | 邪恶我就不记得了 怎么回事 |
[16:04] | I can’t stop burping, | 我不停地打嗝 |
[16:06] | and my waitress told me that it means the baby is evil. | 而服务员说这代表我怀了邪恶的孩子 |
[16:09] | Now, I know that every child has its issues | 虽然我知道每个孩子都有自己的问题 |
[16:12] | I’ve even set aside money for therapy- but an evil baby? | 我甚至拨出资金准备理疗 但是邪恶的孩子 |
[16:15] | Huh? How do we prepare for that? | 我们该怎么准备啊 |
[16:17] | I promise you, there is no such thing as an evil baby. | 我向你保证 没有什么邪恶的孩子 |
[16:19] | – Really? – Of course. | -真的吗 -当然 |
[16:21] | Now, I remember, my mother, | 我记得 我母亲 |
[16:22] | she burped nonstop when she was pregnant with my brother. | 在怀我弟弟的时候也不断打嗝 |
[16:24] | Charlie? He was arrested for fraud. | 查理 他因诈骗被逮捕了 |
[16:27] | Bad example. | 这个例子不好 |
[16:28] | Stacy, your baby is gonna be sweet and kind, | 史黛西 你的宝宝一定甜美善良 |
[16:30] | just like you. I promise. | 就像你一样 我保证 |
[16:35] | Okay. | 好啦 |
[16:37] | Impressive. | 真要命 |
[16:42] | Mary and John Biltman leveraged the Bowen-family tragedy | 玛丽和约翰·比尔特曼利用鲍温家的悲剧 |
[16:45] | into a free home makeover. | 接受了免费房屋改造 |
[16:47] | The children have been exploited, | 孩子们都被利用了 |
[16:48] | and the Biltmans have been unjustly enriched. | 而比尔特曼一家非法获得了利益 |
[16:51] | Ms. Kaswell, what remedy are you seeking? | 卡斯维女士 你要寻求什么维权方式呢 |
[16:53] | Disgorgement. | 罚没非法所得 |
[16:54] | The Biltmans must turn over the house to the Bowen children. | 比尔特曼家必须把房子移交给鲍温家孩子们 |
[16:56] | Our hearts go out to the Bowen children, | 我们很同情鲍温家孩子们 |
[16:58] | but the Biltmans don’t owe them anything. | 但是比尔特曼一家不欠他们什么 |
[17:00] | We would also accept | 我们也可以接受 |
[17:01] | monetary value of the home improvements — $500,000. | 房屋改善的货币价值 共计五十万美元 |
[17:05] | The Bowen children do not have standing to sue. | 鲍温家孩子们无权起诉 |
[17:08] | The only contract here | 唯一的合同关系 |
[17:09] | is between the producers of “Ultimate Home Do-over” | 存在于《终极家庭改造》的制片方 |
[17:11] | and my clients, Mr. and Mrs. Biltman. | 与我方委托人比尔特曼夫妇之间 |
[17:14] | Her clients are simply not a party to this dispute. | 她的委托人不属于此次纠纷的合同方 |
[17:17] | – Is that true? – Well, the thing is — | -真的吗 -问题在于 |
[17:19] | Ms. Kaswell, | 卡斯维女士 |
[17:19] | are your clients a party to the contract or not? | 你的委托人属于合同方吗 |
[17:22] | No, your honor, b– | 不属于 法官大人 |
[17:23] | I’m sorry, but the kids have no claims | 抱歉 孩子们无权 |
[17:25] | against their former foster parents. | 对其养父母提起诉讼 |
[17:27] | Case dismissed. | 案件驳回 |
[17:33] | – Excuse me, Ms. Kaswell. – Yes? | -卡斯维女士 你好 -什么事 |
[17:36] | I’m Lily Bowen, the kids’ grandmother. | 我是莉莉·鲍温 孩子们的祖母 |
[17:38] | Oh, it’s nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[17:39] | I appreciate everything that you’re doing. | 我感谢你的一切努力和付出 |
[17:42] | It just breaks my heart that I can’t take in all my grandkids. | 不能抚养我所有的孙子孙女实在让我伤心 |
[17:45] | – But the city won’t allow it. – I understand. | -可惜市政府就是不允许 -我懂你 |
[17:48] | And, Mrs. Bowen, I want you to know that I’m not giving up. | 鲍温太太 要知道我不会就此罢休的 |
[17:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:01] | My wife is not a terrorist. Susan loves America. | 我的妻子又不是恐怖分子 苏珊爱美国 |
[18:05] | On the fourth of July, she runs the block party. | 国庆日她还举办街区庆祝派对呢 |
[18:07] | Her favorite holiday is thanksgiving. | 她最喜欢的节日是感恩节 |
[18:09] | What exactly is the government saying? | 检方到底什么意思啊 |
[18:10] | The charging document suggests an informant turned her in. | 从起诉书看 一位告密者出卖了她 |
[18:13] | We were hoping you would tell us who that might be. | 我们希望你能告诉我们那个人可能是谁 |
[18:16] | I have no idea. | 我可不知道 |
[18:17] | Is your wife involved in politics? | 你妻子参与过政治吗 |
[18:19] | She won a highly contested election | 她赢过一次竞争激烈的选举 |
[18:21] | for treasurer of the PTA. | 当选了家长教师协会的会计 |
[18:23] | And what about you? | 那你呢 |
[18:23] | Anything that could’ve attracted the government’s interest? | 你有没有干过可能引起政府注意的事情 |
[18:26] | No. Just a regular guy. | 没有 我就是一个普通人 |
[18:28] | Have you and your wife traveled out of the country recently? | 你和妻子最近有没有出国旅游 |
[18:31] | Never. We were planning a trip to Saudi Arabia. | 从来没有 我们本打算去沙特阿拉伯 |
[18:34] | Susan’s friend got a job over there. | 苏珊有个朋友在那工作 |
[18:37] | Jake, why aren’t you at school? | 杰克 你怎么没在学校 |
[18:40] | I was worried about mom. | 我太担心妈妈了 |
[18:41] | P-people are saying she was arrested. | 有人说她被逮捕了 |
[18:43] | Mom was taken into custody this morning. | 妈妈今天早上被带去拘留了 |
[18:45] | What? Dad, th-th-that — that’s crazy. | 什么 爸爸 这简直疯了 |
[18:47] | Yeah. These lawyers are here to help her. | 是啊 这些律师正在帮她呢 |
[18:49] | We’re doing everything that we can. | 我们会尽力的 |
[18:52] | Dad, where’s the computer? | 爸爸 电脑呢 |
[18:53] | The police took it. | 被警察拿走了 |
[18:55] | Jake’s been working on a mobile app for almost a year. | 杰克将近一年来一直在开发一款手机应用 |
[18:58] | All his coding is on the computer. | 他所有的程序编码都在电脑上 |
[18:59] | Is the computer Susan’s? | 电脑是苏珊的吗 |
[19:01] | Well, she bought it, but we all use it. | 是她买的 不过我们都用 |
[19:03] | Me for work, Jake for his homework and coding, | 我用来工作 杰克用来做作业和开发程序 |
[19:06] | Susan for committees and recipes. | 苏珊用来完成委员会的工作还有查食谱 |
[19:08] | Uh, Jake, can you give us a few minutes? | 杰克 你能不能让我们单独聊会 |
[19:10] | Your mom made you a cake. It’s in the fridge. | 妈妈给你做了蛋糕 在冰箱里 |
[19:12] | Whatever they think she did, my mom didn’t do it. | 任他们说妈妈干了什么 她都没干 |
[19:18] | Now, this may sound like a strange question, | 我想问个奇怪的问题 |
[19:21] | but what kind of cake was your wife baking | 你们家被查抄的时候 |
[19:23] | when the house was raided? | 你妻子做的是什么蛋糕 |
[19:24] | Yellow cake. I don’t know. | 黄色的蛋糕 |
[19:26] | She found the recipe online. Why? | 她在网上找的食谱 为什么这么问 |
[19:28] | It’s probably nothing, | 有可能没什么 |
[19:29] | but “yellow cake” is a term used to describe uranium. | 但是”黄色蛋糕”是”铀”的代名词 |
[19:32] | Um…now, you said you work in landscaping. | 而且你说你从事园林设计工作 |
[19:34] | Do you ever order fertilizer online? | 你在网上买过化肥吗 |
[19:36] | All the time. | 经常的事 |
[19:37] | Fertilizer can be used to make explosives. | 化肥可以用来制作爆炸物 |
[19:39] | Was Susan e-mailing with her friend in Saudi Arabia? | 苏珊有没有和沙特阿拉伯的朋友邮件联系 |
[19:43] | Pretty much every day. | 每天都发呢 |
[19:45] | Okay. | 好了 |
[19:46] | Um, Alan, the government monitors internet searches. | 艾伦 政府是会监测互联网搜索内容 |
[19:50] | That’s legal? | 这样合法吗 |
[19:51] | The NSA can collect data | 国家安全局可以搜集网络数据 |
[19:52] | to counter the threat of terrorism. | 防止恐怖主义威胁 |
[19:53] | So Susan was probably flagged as a terrorist | 所以 基于你们家的互联网搜索记录 |
[19:56] | just based on the family’s internet search history. | 苏珊可能被认为是恐怖分子了 |
[19:58] | See, the NSA might have assumed she was coding, | 国家安全局可能怀疑她在编写程序 |
[20:02] | buying fertilizer, using yellow cake, | 买化肥 使用”黄色蛋糕” |
[20:05] | and to top it all off, she was sending e-mails to Saudi Arabia. | 加之 她还往沙特阿拉伯发了邮件 |
[20:08] | You know what? We need to get ahold of that computer. | 我们要拿到那台电脑 |
[20:10] | Ah, the government would never release a — | 可是政府不会交出来的 |
[20:13] | Hello? Yes? | 你好 什么事 |
[20:16] | Oh, God. Okay. | 天啊 好吧 |
[20:18] | Y-yeah, thanks for the call. | 嗯 谢谢通知我 |
[20:21] | One of my vendors tried to cash a check. | 我的一位供应商想要兑换支票 |
[20:23] | The bank closed our account. | 发现银行冻结了我们的账户 |
[20:24] | The government must have put the bank on alert. | 政府肯定让银行提高警惕了 |
[20:27] | So, what? Level with me. What happens next? | 老实说 接下来会怎么样 |
[20:29] | We try to prove that your wife is innocent. | 我们会尽力证明你的妻子是无辜的 |
[20:32] | What if you can’t? | 你们要是不能怎么办 |
[20:34] | Well, the penalty for treason is death. | 叛国罪会判死刑的 |
[20:43] | – Grayson. – Good morning. | -格雷森 -早上好 |
[20:44] | Could you come here? | 你能过来一下吗 |
[20:47] | Question. What do you think of Dave? | 问个问题 你觉得戴夫怎么样 |
[20:50] | – Who? – Dave. The temp. | -谁 -戴夫 那个临时工 |
[20:53] | He gave me my messages | 他告诉我别人给我的留言 |
[20:54] | and has a pleasant phone voice. | 而且在电话里声音很好听 |
[20:56] | – I don’t know. – Yeah, that’s not what I meant. | -我不清楚啊 -我不是那个意思 |
[20:59] | No way. You have the hots for the temp? | 不会吧 你对他有感觉 |
[21:03] | Motherhood must’ve altered your brain chemistry. | 当妈之后 你的脑部化学反应一定是变了 |
[21:05] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你这是什么意思呢 |
[21:06] | You date up. | 你会攀高枝 |
[21:07] | You want to be with a man who elevates your stature. | 你希望跟一个能提高你身份的人在一起 |
[21:10] | You’re one to talk. You’re dating a partner. | 你还好意思说我 你可是跟一位合伙人好了 |
[21:12] | Hey, how’s that going, by the way? | 对了 你们怎么样了 |
[21:14] | Jane’s not happy with the way I handled the Teri situation. | 简不满意我处理泰丽那件事的方式 |
[21:17] | Come on. You were just protecting the firm. | 拜托 你只不过在保护律所而已 |
[21:19] | We fought, we almost made up, | 我们吵了一架 在快和好的时候 |
[21:21] | I called her irrational, she went ballistic. | 我说她不理智 她就又火了 |
[21:23] | Ooh. You called her irrational? | 你说她不理智 |
[21:25] | Well, at the time, she was. | 对啊 当时她就是 |
[21:27] | Regardless, it’s super demeaning. | 不管怎样 这也太有辱人格了 |
[21:28] | – I’d be pissed, too. – Excuse me. | -是我的话 我也会火大 -打扰了 |
[21:30] | Grayson, we have a meeting in the conference room. | 格雷森 我们在会议室有会 |
[21:32] | Have fun. | 玩得开心 |
[21:34] | Wait. With who? I, uh, don’t have it on my calendar. | 等等 和谁啊 我日历上没有呀 |
[21:37] | Grabzilla. They are the search engine on Susan’s computer. | 格拉贝兹拉 他们是苏珊电脑上的搜索引擎公司 |
[21:40] | Ah, so they would have a history of all the searches. | 所以他们掌握有所有搜索记录 |
[21:41] | Yep. See, Owen has a friend on the board, | 没错 欧文在公司董事会有个朋友 |
[21:43] | and when he explained the situation, | 他解释了情况之后 |
[21:45] | the C.E.O. said he would come right over. | 那位首席执行官说他会马上赶过来 |
[21:52] | Uh, I’m so sorry about your client. | 很抱歉你们的委托人发生了这样的不幸 |
[21:54] | The NSA can be overzealous in their surveillance activities. | 国家安全局可能会在监视工作上过分投入 |
[21:58] | We believe that Susan’s arrest | 我们认为苏珊是由于 |
[21:59] | was based on search terms used by multiple family members, | 多位家庭成员的搜索词条 才被逮捕的 |
[22:02] | and the combination of these search terms seemed suspicious. | 这些词条合起来似乎很可疑 |
[22:06] | But the only way we can prove that is | 但我们证明她无辜的前提是 |
[22:08] | to access the data. | 拿到电脑上的数据 |
[22:09] | Well, given the circumstances, I wish I could help you, | 鉴于这些情况 我希望自己能帮助你们 |
[22:13] | but I can’t. | 可惜我不能 |
[22:14] | Uh, Grabzilla’s policy is | 格拉贝兹拉的原则是 |
[22:15] | never to release a user’s history. | 绝不泄露用户的历史记录 |
[22:16] | But these circumstances are unusual. | 但是现在的情况不一般啊 |
[22:19] | I’m sure you can see that. | 我相信你也能看出来 |
[22:20] | Look, Mr. Redmund, | 雷德蒙德先生 |
[22:21] | our firm is a loyal Grabzilla customer. | 我们律所是格拉贝兹拉的忠实客户 |
[22:23] | I mean, you run our mail client and our server farm, so — | 你们管理我们邮件的客户端和服务器场 |
[22:26] | Then you should understand why I can’t honor your request. | 那你应该理解我为什么不能满足你的要求 |
[22:29] | As a customer, you trust us when we say | 作为一位客户 当我们说 |
[22:30] | “Nondisclosure is the bedrock | 保密是我们隐私政策的基石时 |
[22:32] | of our privacy policy.” | 你相信了我们 |
[22:33] | But these are our client’s own searches. | 但这些是我们客户自己的搜索记录 |
[22:35] | We can only release personal data | 我们只能依据有效的法院命令 |
[22:36] | pursuant to a valid court order. | 公开私人网络数据 |
[22:38] | It’s all spelled out in the user agreement. | 这些都是白纸黑字在用户协议上写着的 |
[22:41] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:42] | Well, if you need a court order, we will get a court order. | 既然你需要法院命令 我们就申请给你 |
[22:47] | Just because we lost today, | 虽然我们今天败诉 |
[22:49] | it does’t mean that I’m done fighting for you guys. | 并不意味着我放弃为你们努力了 |
[22:52] | But for now, | 但是现在 |
[22:53] | the three of you will go back to your group homes, | 你们三个得回你们的福利院了 |
[22:55] | and Daisy will go back to live with grandma. | 而黛西要去和奶奶住 |
[22:57] | No, I don’t want to go myself. | 不 我不想自己回去 |
[23:00] | Daisy doesn’t like to be away from us. | 黛西不愿意和我们分开 |
[23:05] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[23:06] | I refuse to let you be separated. | 我不会让你们分开的 |
[23:08] | Thanks, but no one will take all of us. | 谢谢 但是没人愿意收留我们所有人 |
[23:10] | So you’ll stay here. At least for tonight, anyway. | 那你们就待在这里 至少今天晚上吧 |
[23:13] | We’ll get some sleeping bags and ice cream, movies. | 我们去找一些睡袋 冰淇淋 电影 |
[23:16] | It’ll be like a big slumber party. | 就像在这里办一场大型睡衣派对 |
[23:18] | Would you like that, Daisy? | 你愿意这样吗 黛西 |
[23:21] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:25] | This hearing should be short. | 这场听证会很快就会结束 |
[23:26] | We just need to get the judge to order Grabzilla | 我们只需要让法官命令格拉贝兹拉 |
[23:28] | to release your search history. | 给我们你的搜索记录 |
[23:30] | Mom? Mom?! | 妈妈 妈妈 |
[23:32] | No contact. Sit. | 不许交流 坐下 |
[23:35] | Ms. Bingum, let’s get this started. | 宾格温女士 我们开始吧 |
[23:37] | Yes. Your honor, we are seeking to compel Grabzilla | 好 法官 我们希望迫使格拉贝兹拉 |
[23:40] | to release Mrs. Peterson’s internet search history. | 公开彼得森太太的互联网搜索记录 |
[23:43] | Objection. This is nothing but a fishing expedition. | 反对 这纯属是摸索证明 |
[23:46] | You know, Mrs. Peterson | 彼得森太太拥有 |
[23:47] | has the constitutional right to counsel, right? | 宪法赋予的寻求法律帮助的权利 |
[23:49] | But, apparently, not the right to the information | 但却显然无权获取 |
[23:51] | that landed her here in the first place. | 最初导致她被捕的信息 |
[23:53] | So we’re hoping to glean that information | 所以我们希望通过分析那台家庭电脑的搜索记录 |
[23:55] | by analyzing the search history in the family computer. | 来获取有利于她的信息 |
[23:58] | The government opposes the request. | 检方反对这个情求 |
[24:00] | You know, it appears that the D.O.J. would be content | 如果我站在这里什么都不做 |
[24:02] | if I just stood here and did nothing, | 就像一具法律模特 |
[24:04] | like a legal mannequin, if you will. | 司法部貌似会很满意呢 |
[24:09] | You see? I can stand like this all day. | 看到了吗 我能这么站一天 |
[24:11] | Mr. Sebell, what is Grabzilla’s position on this matter? | 斯贝尔先生 格拉贝兹拉在此持何态度 |
[24:15] | Your honor, while we will not categorically oppose an order, | 法官大人 我们并不完全反对法庭决议 |
[24:19] | we would like a little extra time | 只是需要一些额外时间 |
[24:20] | to study the merits of releasing the data. | 来研究公开数据的影响 |
[24:22] | 2 weeks — just to be brief. | 只需要两周 |
[24:24] | Your honor, my client needs to be with her family. | 法官大人 我方委托人需要跟她的家人在一起 |
[24:26] | Can you please expedite this process? | 您能加急一下吗 |
[24:28] | All right. Does tomorrow sound better? | 好吧 明天怎么样 |
[24:30] | Yes. | 很好 |
[24:31] | N-no. No. We’ll need more time. | 不行 我们需要更多时间 |
[24:33] | You’re Grabzilla. | 你们可是格拉贝兹拉 |
[24:34] | You have hundreds of in-house lawyers. | 有数百位内部律师 |
[24:37] | Use a few dozen if you need to. | 需要的话就多用几位 |
[24:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:47] | I’m happy to babysit. | 我很乐意照顾小孩 |
[24:49] | Watching four kids will be good practice | 照看四个小孩会是很好的练习 |
[24:51] | – for the evil one I’m carrying. -What? | -为了我怀的这个邪恶小孩 -什么 |
[24:52] | Nothing. I’m glad you called. | 没什么 很高兴你打给我 |
[24:55] | Okay, um, hey, kids? | 好了 孩子们 |
[24:57] | I’m gonna go now, but Stacy is gonna be here all night | 我要走了 史黛西整晚都会在 |
[25:00] | in case there’s anything you need. | 以防你们需要什么 |
[25:01] | Just don’t ask me to help you with your math homework. | 只要不让我帮忙做数学作业就行 |
[25:08] | Stacy? | 史黛西 |
[25:09] | Oh, what is it, sweetie? | 亲爱的 怎么了 |
[25:11] | Do you need a drink of water? Bedtime story? Dating advice? | 你想喝水吗 听故事还是需要约会建议 |
[25:15] | Am I ever gonna get my own room again? | 我会再次得到我自己的房间吗 |
[25:18] | Um, you know, Kim is working on that. | 金在处理这件事 |
[25:21] | But they promised me my own room. They promised. | 但他们答应给我自己的房间 他们答应过的 |
[25:25] | Who promised you your own room? | 是谁答应给你自己房间的 |
[25:26] | The TV people. | 电视台的人 |
[25:28] | The TV host told all of us that if we went on his show, | 主持人说如果我们上他的节目 |
[25:31] | – We’d get our own rooms. – He promised. | -我们就会得到自己的房间 -他答应过的 |
[25:33] | And what happens to people who break their promises? | 违背诺言的人会怎么样 |
[25:36] | They get in trouble. | 惹上麻烦 |
[25:37] | That’s right, Daisy. They do. Nighty night. | 说得对 黛西 他们会惹上麻烦 晚安 |
[25:45] | Can you teach us how to do that? | 能教教我们怎么打嗝吗 |
[25:48] | You don’t want to know how. | 你们不会想知道的 |
[25:55] | Okay, 4:00 a.m. | 好了 现在是凌晨四点 |
[25:56] | We’ve got five hours to finish the brief. | 我们还有五个小时来完成辩护状 |
[25:58] | Okay, well, I just finished Section Six — | 好的 我刚写完了第六章 |
[26:01] | Legislative History of the Patriot Act. | 《爱国法案的立法历史》 |
[26:03] | Where are you on congressional intent? | 国会意图你写到哪儿了 |
[26:05] | Oh, it was a bear, but I’m done. | 虽然很棘手 但我写完了 |
[26:07] | Great. Would you mind writing out the table of authorities? | 太好了 你介意写出引用文献吗 |
[26:10] | – Sure. – Okay. | -没问题 -好的 |
[26:11] | But first, I want to apologize for calling you irrational. | 首先 我想为称你不理智而道歉 |
[26:16] | Thank you. I really appreciate that. | 谢谢 我很感激你这么做 |
[26:19] | It’s just… that word “irrational”… | 只是 不理智这个词 |
[26:21] | it’s just really demeaning. | 真的有辱人格 |
[26:24] | That’s exactly what Kim said. | 金也是这么说的 |
[26:26] | You spoke to Kim about us? | 你跟金说了我们的事吗 |
[26:28] | Yeah, we’re friends. | 是啊 我们是朋友 |
[26:30] | Grayson, I don’t want her in my personal business. | 格雷森 我不想让她插手我的私事 |
[26:33] | I’m surprised you wouldn’t know that. | 我很惊讶你竟然不知道这一点 |
[26:35] | Well, for what it’s worth, she agreed with you. | 好吧 无论如何 她同意你的观点 |
[26:37] | That’s not the point. | 这不是重点 |
[26:41] | You know what? Why don’t we just work in silence? | 算了 我们还是安静工作吧 |
[26:44] | Jane. | 简 |
[26:45] | I’m working. | 我在工作 |
[26:48] | What the hell? | 怎么回事 |
[26:49] | Yeah, my screen, uh, just went blank. | 我的电脑白屏了 |
[26:51] | Yeah, mine, too. | 我的也是 |
[26:53] | Oh, god. No. No. No, no. | 天呐 不不不 |
[26:58] | Okay, the brief is gone. | 好了 辩护状没有了 |
[27:15] | Hey, I spoke with I.T. | 我跟技术部门谈过了 |
[27:16] | They don’t think it was a tech failure. | 他们不觉得是技术故障 |
[27:18] | We were the victim of a malicious hack. | 我们被恶意攻击了 |
[27:20] | What? | 什么 |
[27:20] | Someone remotely accessed the firm’s servers. | 有人远程登录了律所的服务器 |
[27:22] | Who would hack us? | 谁会这么做 |
[27:24] | Someone who wants Susan to stay in jail. | 想让苏珊待在监狱的人 |
[27:27] | The government. | 政府 |
[27:29] | Well, what about our briefs? | 那我们的辩护状呢 |
[27:30] | Did I.T. retrieve the backups? | 技术部门找回备份了吗 |
[27:31] | Drives are scrambled. | 驱动器被破坏了 |
[27:32] | They’ll need at least 48 hours to get anything usable. | 他们至少需要48小时来找回可用数据 |
[27:34] | Well, then, we’ll file this partial-handwritten brief. | 那么我们就先提交这份部分手写的辩护状 |
[27:36] | I’ll tell I.T. not to worry about recovery | 我会告诉技术部门不用担心恢复数据的事 |
[27:38] | and let them focus on figuring out who hacked us. | 先专注于查出是谁攻击了我们 |
[27:40] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:46] | All I want is my own room | 我只想要我自己的房间 |
[27:47] | where me and my babies can sleep. | 我和我的小娃娃们可以睡觉的地方 |
[27:49] | And we promise that you and each of your siblings | 我们保证你和你的兄弟姐妹 |
[27:51] | will get your very own special room | 都会得到根据你们个性定制的 |
[27:53] | that’s unique to your personality. | 属于自己的特别房间 |
[27:56] | Your honor, as evidenced by the video, | 法官大人 正如视频所呈现 |
[27:57] | there was an oral contract | 在《终极家庭改造》制片方 |
[27:59] | between the producers of “Ultimate Home Do-over” | 和鲍温家的孩子们之间 |
[28:01] | and the Bowen children. | 存在口头契约 |
[28:02] | On behalf of the producers of the show, | 作为节目制片方的代表 |
[28:04] | I agree with Ms. Kaswell’s statement. | 我同意卡斯维女士的陈述 |
[28:06] | – You do? – Yes. | -你同意吗 -是的 |
[28:07] | We promised each of those kids their own bedroom | 我们答应给每个孩子他们自己的卧室 |
[28:09] | and each one of them got it, | 他们也确实得到了 |
[28:10] | but then the Biltmans kicked them out. | 但之后比尔特曼一家把他们赶了出来 |
[28:11] | It’s reprehensible, but it’s not our problem. | 那确实该受到谴责 但不是我们的问题 |
[28:13] | We delivered. | 我们已经履行了承诺 |
[28:15] | I’m sorry, Ms. Kaswell, but Mr. Hanson is right. | 很抱歉卡斯维女士 但汉森先生是对的 |
[28:17] | I don’t deny there is a harm here, | 我不否认造成了伤害 |
[28:19] | but the defendants have not breached their duty to the children. | 但被告并没有违背对孩子们的承诺 |
[28:22] | If anything, Mr and Mrs. Biltman | 如果有 也是比尔特曼夫妇 |
[28:23] | fraudulently represented themselves to the production company. | 欺骗了制片公司 |
[28:27] | And the production company would have a claim against them. | 而制片公司有权起诉他们 |
[28:30] | But, unfortunately, you do not. | 但可惜的是 你们无权 |
[28:39] | – Mr. Hanson. – Yes? | -汉森先生 -什么事 |
[28:42] | Just a heads up. I think the public | 只是提醒一下 我觉得 |
[28:44] | will be interested in what happened to the Bowen children | 在鲍温家孩子们上过你的节目之后 |
[28:46] | after they appeared on your show, | 公众会对他们的遭遇感兴趣 |
[28:47] | so I’m gonna hold a press conference | 所以我会举行一场记者招待会 |
[28:48] | to share what you just told the judge. | 告诉媒体你刚跟法官说的那些话 |
[28:51] | You know, that the orphans aren’t your problem. | 你知道的 孤儿不是你们的问题 |
[28:53] | Is that a threat? | 这是威胁吗 |
[28:54] | No. I think it’s gonna be a great story. | 不 我只是觉得这会是一篇不错的报道 |
[28:56] | “Children evicted from their dream home. | 孩子们遭到梦想之家的驱逐 |
[28:58] | Producers stand by as they’re sent back to foster care.” | 制片方对他们被送回福利院袖手旁观 |
[29:01] | There won’t be a dry eye in the house. | 大家都会落泪的 |
[29:04] | What do you want, Ms. Kaswell? | 你想怎么样 卡斯维女士 |
[29:05] | There was a contract between the Biltmans and your clients, | 在比尔特曼一家和你的委托人 |
[29:08] | the producers of the show. | 也就是制片方之间有一份合同 |
[29:09] | You heard the judge. | 你也听到法官的话了 |
[29:10] | Your clients have a claim against them. | 你的委托人有权起诉他们 |
[29:12] | But we have no intention of suing the Biltmans. | 但我们无意控告比尔特曼一家 |
[29:14] | You don’t have to. | 你不需要去控告 |
[29:15] | All you have to do is allow my clients | 你只需要允许我的委托人 |
[29:17] | to assert your clients’ claim and collect your damages. | 行使你方委托人的起诉权 并获得赔偿金 |
[29:21] | It’s permissible under the law. | 这是法律允许的 |
[29:22] | – Subrogation and assignment. – That’s right. | -起诉权转让 -没错 |
[29:24] | Allow my clients to stand in your clients’ shoes. | 让我的委托人来代替你的委托人 |
[29:38] | How was court? | 庭审怎么样 |
[29:39] | Oh, uh, I lost, but I’m still in the game. | 我输了 不过还有机会 |
[29:42] | Good to hear. I’m heading out to pick up something for Jane. | 太好了 我正要出去替简取东西 |
[29:44] | Do you need anything while I’m out? | 你需要什么东西吗 |
[29:46] | Nope. Uh, I’m all good. | 不了 我不需要什么 |
[29:48] | Dave. | 戴夫 |
[29:50] | Uh, I’m sorry, | 很抱歉 |
[29:51] | But I’m gonna have to cancel our date for tonight. | 我得取消今晚的约会 |
[29:53] | I figured. You’re buried in your case. | 我想到了 你在处理手头的案子 |
[29:55] | Uh, tomorrow or the next day is fine. | 明天后天都可以 |
[29:58] | I’m free any night but Tuesday — book club. | 除了周二要去读书俱乐部 哪天都可以 |
[30:00] | Right. Um, yeah, I just, uh… | 好吧 只是… |
[30:04] | I don’t think going out is a very good idea. | 我觉得咱俩约会不是个好主意 |
[30:06] | I mean, when I said yes, | 我是说 我答应你的时候 |
[30:08] | I — I didn’t know you were a temp and — | 不知道你是临时工 |
[30:11] | And you don’t date the help. | 你不跟打杂的约会 |
[30:13] | Well, Kim, I wouldn’t date someone | 好吧 金 我也不跟那些 |
[30:15] | who wouldn’t date the help. | 不和临时工约会的人约会 |
[30:17] | So I guess we’re on the same page. | 所以我们的想法是一致的 |
[30:19] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go…help. | 抱歉 我得走了 去打杂 |
[30:30] | Grayson, so, I found this blogger. | 格雷森 我找到了一位博主 |
[30:32] | He’s a professor at M.I.T. | 他是麻省理工学院的教授 |
[30:34] | He said the government spends | 他说政府每年 |
[30:35] | hundreds of millions of dollars a year on cyber-warfare. | 会在网络战争中投入上亿美元 |
[30:39] | So if that’s who hacked us — | 所以如果是他们黑了我们… |
[30:40] | Jane, the government isn’t behind the hack or Susan’s arrest. | 简 攻击我们和逮捕苏珊的不是政府 |
[30:43] | – I think it was Grabzilla. – What? | -我觉得是格拉贝兹拉干的 -什么 |
[30:45] | Yeah, I went through their annual report | 我翻阅了他们的年报 |
[30:46] | and their 2014 forecast. | 和2014年预测 |
[30:51] | at the end of the second quarter. | 十亿美元的政府合同 |
[30:53] | Now, there are no more specifics, | 报告中没提到详情 |
[30:55] | because the program pertains to — get this — | 因为该程序涉及 请注意 |
[30:58] | national security. | 国家安全问题 |
[30:59] | So they were probably beta-testing the software | 所以苏珊被盯上时 他们大概在为国家安全局 |
[31:02] | for the NSA when Susan got flagged. | 对该软件进行β因素测试 |
[31:04] | Grabzilla wanted two weeks | 格拉贝兹拉想要两周 |
[31:06] | to review our request for her search history. | 来审阅我们对她搜索记录的申请 |
[31:10] | My guess — they want to make sure that contract gets signed | 我猜他们想确保在发现程序中存在缺陷之前 |
[31:13] | before disclosing any flaws in the program. | 就把合同签掉 |
[31:15] | And if we prove that Susan is innocent, | 如果我们证明苏珊是清白的 |
[31:17] | it would expose the software flaws. | 有可能会暴露软件的缺陷 |
[31:20] | They’d be out a billion dollars. | 他们会由此损失十亿美元 |
[31:21] | Which is why they will do everything in their power | 所以他们才会动用职权内的一切力量 |
[31:23] | to keep her behind bars. | 把她关在监狱里 |
[31:30] | Mr. Redmund, isn’t Grabzilla days away | 雷德蒙德先生 格拉贝兹拉难道不是 |
[31:32] | from signing a massive contract with the U.S. government | 在几天内就要跟美国政府就一款新软件系统 |
[31:35] | for a new software system? | 签署一份巨额合同了吗 |
[31:37] | That’s not news. | 这已不是新闻了 |
[31:38] | Government R&D is a growth area for my company, | 政府研发部是本公司的发展领域 |
[31:41] | and we’re happy to do our part to keep the country secure. | 我们希望能尽自己的职责来保证国家安全 |
[31:43] | Okay, so, hypothetically speaking, | 好吧 所以假设而言 |
[31:46] | if there were flaws in the software, | 即便软件存在任何缺陷 |
[31:48] | you wouldn’t want your buyer to know, right? | 你也不希望买家知道 对吗 |
[31:51] | And, certainly, after the “Affordable Care Act” website fiasco, | 当然 在”平价医疗法案”网站瘫痪之后 |
[31:54] | you could not risk a whiff of program error. | 你不敢冒任何程序出错的风险 |
[31:58] | Objection. Inflammatory. | 反对 提问引发偏见 |
[31:59] | Overruled. Mr. Redmund, please answer. | 反对无效 雷德蒙德先生 请回答 |
[32:02] | I wouldn’t hide anything from the government. | 我不会向政府隐瞒任何事情 |
[32:04] | One final question. | 最后一个问题 |
[32:06] | Does the software system that you’re selling to the government | 你向政府出售的软件系统 |
[32:08] | employ the same algorithm as the software | 是否采用了与将苏珊·彼得森 |
[32:11] | that erroneously flagged Susan Peterson as a terrorist? | 错误标记为恐怖分子的软件相同的算法呢 |
[32:14] | I will not answer that question. | 我不会回答这个问题 |
[32:15] | Oh, ok– you won’t answer the question? | 你不会回答这个问题吗 |
[32:18] | Well, I think you just did. | 我觉得你已经回答了 |
[32:19] | Assuming that was an admission, is that the real reason | 假设你刚才承认了那个问题 这是否是你不肯 |
[32:22] | you won’t turn over my client’s search history? | 移交我方委托人搜索记录的真正原因呢 |
[32:24] | I cannot answer on grounds of national security. | 以国家安全为由 我不能回答这个问题 |
[32:28] | Oop, nope. Sorry. | 不行 抱歉 |
[32:29] | But as a private citizen, you can’t invoke that protection. | 但作为普通公民 你不能请求此类保护 |
[32:32] | In fact, only the AUSA can make that assertion, | 事实上 仅有助理检察官可以提出这一要求 |
[32:35] | And I’m guessing… | 而我猜… |
[32:36] | yeah. Yeah, by the look on his face, | 从他的表情来看 |
[32:38] | He’s very interested in your answer. | 他很想知道你的答案 |
[32:41] | I am. | 没错 |
[32:42] | But I don’t think that this is the right venue. | 但我觉得他应该换个地方回答 |
[32:46] | Well, you know, you could take Mr. Redmund into the SCIF | 你可以带雷德蒙德先生进入敏感信息隔间设备 |
[32:49] | and force him to tell you the whole truth and nothing but. | 逼他毫无保留地说出全部真相 |
[32:51] | There’s no reason for me to testify in the SCIF, Ms. Bingum. | 我没理由在敏感信息隔间设备中作证 宾格温女士 |
[32:54] | Actually, I think that’s a great idea. | 事实上 我觉得这个主意不错 |
[32:56] | As does the government. Let’s go. | 检方也这么认为 走吧 |
[32:58] | Oh, your honor, uh, before you drag Mr. Redmund into the SCIF, | 法官大人 在将雷德蒙德先生带入隔间设备之前 |
[33:02] | I think there’s one other thing you have to do. | 您还有件事情需要做 |
[33:05] | Of course. | 当然 |
[33:06] | I dismiss the complaint against Ms. Peterson. | 本庭撤销对彼得森女士的控诉 |
[33:08] | You’re free to go. | 你可以走了 |
[33:11] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[33:25] | So, the Bowen children | 鲍温家孩子 |
[33:26] | don’t have a case against the Biltmans. | 无权起诉比尔特曼夫妇 |
[33:28] | Yes, I know. I’m the one who explained that to you twice. | 我知道 这还是我告诉你的 说了两次 |
[33:31] | Your honor, she’s wasting the court’s time. | 法官大人 她在浪费法庭时间 |
[33:33] | I’m beginning to agree. | 我同意 |
[33:34] | Five minutes and you’ll never hear from me again. | 给我五分钟时间就好 |
[33:36] | I’m timing you. | 我开始计时 |
[33:38] | The Bowens don’t have a claim against the Biltmans, | 鲍温一家无权起诉比尔特曼夫妇 |
[33:40] | but, as you said earlier, the producers do. | 但如你之前所说 制片方有权 |
[33:44] | The producers have signed their claim over to us, | 制片方把他们的起诉权签字移交给了我们 |
[33:47] | which means my clients now have standing. | 这意味着我方委托人现在有起诉权了 |
[33:54] | Found your “in,” Ms. Kaswell. | 你找到切入点了 卡斯维女士 |
[33:55] | The reason the Biltmans were chosen by the producers | 比尔特曼夫妇被制片方选中 |
[33:58] | to appear on “Ultimate Home Do-over” | 参与《终极家庭改造》的原因 |
[34:00] | was to give the Bowen children their dream home. | 是为鲍温家孩子提供梦想中的家庭 |
[34:02] | Well, the children no longer have that home, | 因为比尔特曼夫妇把他们赶出家门 |
[34:04] | because the Biltmans kicked them out, | 孩子们现在已无家可归 |
[34:06] | which violates their contract. | 这违反了合同规定 |
[34:08] | Since the kids now stand in place of the producers, | 由于孩子们现在代表制片方 |
[34:11] | they absolutely have the right to sue. | 他们绝对有权提起诉讼 |
[34:13] | She’s bending the law, your honor. | 她在扭曲法律 法官大人 |
[34:15] | Maybe so, but until now, | 或许如此 但到现在为止 |
[34:17] | your clients have been hiding behind it. | 你方委托人一直在拿法律当挡箭牌 |
[34:19] | I suggest the Biltmans agree to pay the Bowen children | 我建议比尔特曼夫妇同意向鲍温家孩子支付 |
[34:22] | the full improved value of the home. | 家庭的全额改善价值 |
[34:25] | Otherwise, if this case proceeds, | 否则 如果本案继续审理 |
[34:27] | I imagine that with damages, | 我认为加上赔偿金 |
[34:29] | that number will continue to grow. | 该金额会持续增加 |
[34:31] | We don’t have $500,000. | 我们没有五十万 |
[34:33] | That’s why we agreed to do the show in the first place. | 所以我们刚开始才会答应做节目 |
[34:36] | Really? I thought it was for the children. | 真的吗 我还以为是为了孩子 |
[34:38] | You know, if you can’t pay, | 如果你们支付不起 |
[34:40] | then why not sign the house over to the Bowen children? | 那为何不把房子签字移交给鲍温家孩子 |
[34:42] | You can keep your remaining assets and avoid bankruptcy. | 你们可以保留其余财产 避免破产 |
[34:45] | Ms. Kaswell, the children are minors | 卡斯维女士 孩子们尚未成年 |
[34:47] | and need a legal guardian. | 需要法定监护人 |
[34:48] | Of course. I’m sorry, your honor. | 当然 抱歉 法官大人 |
[34:50] | Um, the kids’ loving grandmother | 孩子们慈爱的祖母 |
[34:52] | is more than happy to step in and live with them. | 很乐意介入 跟他们住在一起 |
[34:57] | What’s it going to be, counselor? | 你们决定怎么办 律师 |
[35:03] | We accept those terms. | 我们接受那些条件 |
[35:04] | Good. We’re done. | 很好 结案了 |
[35:17] | Stacy. | 史黛西 |
[35:18] | I need your opinion. | 我需要你的建议 |
[35:20] | I saw an ad on Craigslist for a prenatal exorcist. | 我在克雷格列表网上看到一条产前驱魔师的广告 |
[35:23] | What do you think? | 你觉得如何 |
[35:24] | Well, I don’t know. Are they licensed? | 我不清楚 他们有执照吗 |
[35:26] | Good question. | 好问题 |
[35:30] | If my kid is gonna be a serial killer, | 如果我的孩子会成为连环杀手 |
[35:32] | I need to know what I’m in for. | 我要知道他会是什么样子 |
[35:33] | Stace, it — | 史黛西 这… |
[35:37] | Oh, sweetie. How are things going between you two? | 亲爱的 你们俩之间的关系怎么样了 |
[35:39] | Not great. | 不太好 |
[35:40] | You know, I mean, we can work together, no problem, | 我们可以在一起工作 |
[35:43] | but when it comes to basic human interaction, we seem to be off. | 但一碰到基本的人际互动 我们就歇菜了 |
[35:47] | Even the first time around, you guys had bumps. | 即便是第一次谈恋爱时 你们也有过摩擦 |
[35:50] | Do I dare mention the TiVo calamity of 2006? | 能容我提一下2006年的数字录像机不幸事件吗 |
[35:52] | Do you know I still haven’t seen | 你知道我到现在都没看过 |
[35:53] | the finale of “Malcolm in the Middle”? | 《马尔柯姆的一家》的剧终集吗 |
[35:54] | Uh, excuse me, Jane? I picked up your baby cake. | 打扰一下 简 我取来了你的宝宝蛋糕 |
[35:57] | Do you want me to put it in your car? | 需要我放在你车里吗 |
[35:59] | No. Let’s get a knife. I want to cut it now. | 不用 找一把刀 我想现在就切蛋糕 |
[36:01] | Oh, but I thought we were gonna have a party at home. | 我们不是要在家里办派对吗 |
[36:03] | Did you invite anyone? | 你邀请别人了吗 |
[36:04] | Sorry. It’s been a long day. | 抱歉 我今天太忙了 |
[36:06] | Eh, that’s okay. Let’s just do it now. | 没关系 我们现在就切吧 |
[36:07] | I need to know if I’m having a Damian or a Cruella. | 我要知道自己怀的是达米安还是库伊拉 |
[36:10] | Okay. Dave, you heard the pregnant lady. | 好的 戴夫 你听到这位孕妇小姐的话了 |
[36:13] | Put the baby cake in the conference room, please. | 请把宝宝蛋糕放到会议室 |
[36:16] | Pink cake means that Stacy’s having a girl, | 粉色蛋糕说明史黛西怀的是女孩 |
[36:19] | and blue is a boy. | 蓝色代表是男孩 |
[36:21] | Okay, here we go. I’m cutting the baby cake. | 好 来吧 我要切蛋糕了 |
[36:28] | Oh, it’s pink! | 是粉色 |
[36:29] | A little girl. | 是个女孩 |
[36:32] | And blue. | 还有蓝色 |
[36:34] | Oh, my god. | 天呐 |
[36:35] | I’m having an evil half-boy/half-girl. | 我怀的是邪恶的半男半女 |
[36:37] | Stacy, pink and blue means you’re having twins. | 史黛西 粉色加蓝色说明你怀的是龙凤胎 |
[36:40] | You’re having a little girl and a little boy. | 你要生一个女孩加一个男孩 |
[36:42] | Evil twins? | 邪恶龙凤胎 |
[36:43] | Oh, my god. Enough. There is no evil baby, okay? | 天呐 够了 你怀的不是邪恶婴儿 |
[36:47] | The twins are the reason you’ve been burping. | 正因为怀了龙凤胎 你才会打嗝 |
[36:49] | There’s just not a lot of room in there, you know, | 你肚子里的空间不够大 |
[36:51] | and the air’s got to come out somehow. | 空气总要想办法排出来 |
[36:53] | Oh, my god. I’m having twins. | 天呐 我怀的是龙凤胎 |
[36:55] | Normal, wonderful, not-evil twins. | 正常健康不邪恶的龙凤胎 |
[36:57] | – Yeah. – Congratulations. | -是啊 -恭喜 |
[37:00] | Who wants baby cake? | 谁想吃宝宝蛋糕啊 |
[37:10] | You left the party without a piece of cake. | 你没吃蛋糕就从派对离开了 |
[37:14] | – Thanks. – Yeah. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[37:16] | So, you’re one virile guy, huh? Twins? | 你挺有男子气概啊 让她怀了龙凤胎 |
[37:20] | Yeah. Yeah, I got super sperm, huh? | 是啊 我有超级精子 |
[37:24] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[37:27] | I-I, uh…I don’t know if I should be talking to you about this, | 我不知该不该跟你聊这些 |
[37:31] | but, uh, I mean, w-we’re friends, right? | 不过我们是朋友 对吧 |
[37:33] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[37:34] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[37:36] | I’m, uh… | 我… |
[37:38] | I’m respecting Stacy’s wishes | 我尊重史黛西的愿望 |
[37:40] | and — and trying not to get close, but… | 努力不接近她 可是… |
[37:42] | When she cut that cake… | 她切蛋糕的时候 |
[37:46] | It was, uh… It was difficult. | 我心里很难受 |
[37:50] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[37:51] | Yeah, well, I — I can imagine. | 我能想象到 |
[37:53] | I mean, they’re your children, too. | 毕竟他们也是你的孩子 |
[37:57] | No, it’s — it’s not just about the kids. | 不光是因为孩子 |
[37:59] | It’s…It’s her. | 还有她 |
[38:04] | I, uh… | 我… |
[38:07] | I can’t — I can’t — I can’t help myself. | 我情不自禁 |
[38:08] | I-I…It’s killing me that she just wants to be friends. | 她只想跟我做朋友 这让我痛不欲生 |
[38:19] | You know, you’ve respected Stacy’s wishes, | 你尊重了史黛西的愿望 |
[38:21] | and that’s really nice and it’s dignified, but I say… | 这样既体贴又高尚 但要我说… |
[38:27] | Throw caution to the wind and make a move, you know? | 不如豁出去 赶紧行动吧 |
[38:30] | I-I mean, I know you didn’t really ask me, | 虽然你没问我 |
[38:33] | but I say go for it. | 但我觉得你该努力争取 |
[38:51] | This cake is amazing. Brought you a piece. | 这蛋糕很好吃 给你带了一块 |
[38:53] | Oh, no, I really shouldn’t. | 我真的不能吃 |
[38:55] | – Why not? – It’s empty calories. | -为什么 -这是零卡路里的 |
[38:57] | Well, it tastes good. | 味道很不错啊 |
[38:58] | It’ll go right to my hips. | 它会长成臀部上的肥肉 |
[39:00] | I like your hips. | 我喜欢你的臀部 |
[39:02] | I also like this cake. | 我也喜欢这块蛋糕 |
[39:05] | Have one bite. | 尝一口吧 |
[39:06] | I promise that it won’t kill you. | 我发誓吃一口死不了 |
[39:16] | Oh, my god. That is so good. | 天呐 太好吃了 |
[39:18] | I haven’t had white carbs since the baby was born. | 自从生完孩子 我就没吃过白色碳水化合物了 |
[39:21] | You haven’t done a lot of things since the baby was born. | 自从生完孩子 你有许多事都没做过 |
[39:25] | You know, the thing about cake… | 关于蛋糕这件事 |
[39:28] | I really like to eat dinner first. | 我想先吃晚餐 |
[39:32] | Are you asking me out? | 你在约我出去吗 |
[39:34] | I am. | 对 |
[39:36] | But you don’t date the help. | 但你不跟打杂的约会 |
[39:37] | You really shouldn’t correct your boss. | 你不该纠正你的老板 |
[39:40] | I’ll make reservations. | 我来订位子 |
[39:41] | Why don’t I do that? You’re off the clock. | 我来吧 你已经下班了 |
[39:55] | Coming. | 来了 |
[40:11] | I think we need to talk about what’s going on between us. | 我觉得我们该谈谈我们之间的问题 |
[40:15] | I mean, Grayson, we’re just so different now, | 格雷森 我们现在如此不同 |
[40:20] | you know, and it’s a lot more complicated. | 事情也复杂得多 |
[40:24] | And it just seems that our relationship | 我们的关系似乎 |
[40:26] | is off to a rocky start. | 出师不利 |
[40:30] | At least we can agree on something, right? | 我们起码在这点上意见一致 对吧 |
[40:33] | Okay, you’re not talking. | 你不说话 |
[40:38] | Are you doing that thing that I used to do? | 你在学我之前的那种做法吗 |
[40:41] | Remember? We took that long weekend | 记得吗 我们共度了一个长周末 |
[40:43] | and I kept putting my foot in my mouth, | 我一直不停地说蠢话 |
[40:44] | so, finally, I was like, | 最终我决定 |
[40:45] | “I’m just not gonna speak for the rest of the evening,” | “今晚我不再说话了” |
[40:47] | and at least we’ll stop arguing, you know? | 这样至少我们不会再吵了 |
[40:50] | Remember? | 记得吗 |
[40:52] | Okay, you’re still not talking. | 好吧 你还是不说话 |
[40:54] | What do you want to do tonight? | 你今晚想做什么 |