时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | See that inspiring model there? | 看见那个满怀抱负的模特没 |
[00:04] | That was me — Deb — until the day I died. | 那就是我 黛比 直到我死的那天 |
[00:08] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, | 我以为我会直接上天堂 |
[00:10] | but there was a bit of a mix-up | 但是出了点小乱子 |
[00:11] | and I woke up in someone else’s body. | 结果我在别人的躯体中醒来 |
[00:14] | So now I’m Jane, | 所以现在 我成了简 |
[00:15] | a super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一名拥有个人助理的超忙律师 |
[00:19] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 我有了新的生活 新的衣着 |
[00:21] | and the only people who really know what’s going on with me | 而唯一知道真相的人 |
[00:23] | are my girlfriend Stacy and my guardian angel, Luke. | 是我的闺蜜史黛西 还有我的守护天使卢克 |
[00:26] | I used to think everything happened for a reason… | 我一直觉得世间万事必有其因 |
[00:30] | …and I sure hope I was right. | 好吧 我真希望我没想错 |
[00:43] | Excuse me! Excuse me! | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[00:45] | I’m trying to find my fiance, Owen French. | 我想找我未婚夫 欧文·法兰奇 |
[00:48] | French, as in the language or the toast. | 法兰奇 就跟法语和吐司的名字一样 |
[00:50] | The paramedics said they brought him here. | 急救员说他们把他送到这里来了 |
[00:51] | I’m sorry, but… | 很抱歉 但是 |
[00:52] | He’s dead?! | 他死了 |
[00:53] | No, ma’am. | 没有 女士 |
[00:54] | But I can’t tell you where he is. | 但是我不能透露他所处的位置 |
[00:56] | You know what? You listen here, little miss…Nurse Garcia, | 你听好 加西亚护士小姐 |
[01:00] | I realize that I’m just his fiance | 我知道我只是他的未婚妻 |
[01:02] | And not technically his wife | 严格来说并不是他妻子 |
[01:04] | and, therefore, not his legal healthcare proxy. | 所以也就不是他的合法医疗代理人 |
[01:06] | But I am a very smart lawyer. | 但我是名非常聪明的律师 |
[01:08] | Some would say brilliant. | 甚至会有人说我聪明绝顶 |
[01:09] | And if you do not tell me where he is, I swear to god, | 如果你不告诉我他的下落 那么我对天发誓 |
[01:13] | I will find a way to sue you and this hospital. | 我会想办法起诉你和这家医院 |
[01:18] | Are you done? | 说完了吗 |
[01:21] | Yeah. | 完了 |
[01:22] | I can’t tell you where he is because Mr. French | 我不能告诉你法拉奇先生的下落是因为他 |
[01:25] | as in the fries | 就是法式炸薯条的那个法兰奇 |
[01:27] | checked himself out. | 已经自行出院了 |
[01:28] | What? | 什么 |
[01:29] | Against doctor’s orders, he took off. | 他不顾医嘱 就那么走了 |
[01:31] | Now, if you ever come in here threatening me again or this hospital | 听好 如果你再来威胁我或者这家医院 |
[01:35] | Okay. I apologize. I’m sorry. | 我道歉 我错了 |
[01:36] | See, my corset’s really, really tight, and I can barely breathe. | 实在是因为我的束腹太紧 我都快喘不上气了 |
[01:39] | We’ve got to find him. | 我们必须找到他 |
[01:45] | – He’s not here. – Damn it. | -他不在这里 -见鬼 |
[01:47] | Owen always goes to his chambers when he’s stressed. | 适逢压力大时 欧文就会去他的办公室 |
[01:49] | Maybe he went to his apartment. | 也许他回公寓了 |
[01:51] | No, he gave it up. | 不 他退租了 |
[01:52] | He was putting his stuff in storage | 他把东西全部放在储藏室 |
[01:53] | until we got back from the honeymoon. | 就等我们度完蜜月回来取了 |
[01:55] | Try calling him again. | 再给他打个电话 |
[01:57] | Sweetie, he doesn’t want to talk to me. | 甜心 他不想和我讲话 |
[01:59] | He’s not taking my calls. | 他不接电话 |
[02:01] | Jane, what the hell is going on? | 简 到底怎么回事 |
[02:05] | Okay. | 好 |
[02:06] | You know how Owen… passed out? | 你知道欧文 晕过去了吧 |
[02:09] | Yeah. | 知道 |
[02:11] | Well, that was after he walked in on me and Grayson kissing. | 那是因为他撞见我和格雷森接吻 |
[02:17] | Oh, my…Grayson. | 我的天 格雷森 |
[02:19] | See, Grayson came in to see what was taking me so long. | 格雷森进来看我在磨蹭什么 |
[02:22] | And, you know, we just started talking, and | 然后我们就开始说话 |
[02:26] | and he told me that he loved me. | 再然后他就告诉我他爱我 |
[02:28] | And then and then we… we kissed. | 再然后我们就接吻了 |
[02:31] | And I didn’t mean for it to happen, you know? | 这一切都不在我的计划之中 |
[02:35] | But it’s Grayson. | 但那可是格雷森啊 |
[02:38] | I opened my eyes, and and and Owen is there, and… | 我睁开双眼 欧文就站在那里 |
[02:43] | and I swear I felt his heart break. | 我发誓我听见了他心碎的声音 |
[02:49] | I’ve got to find him, | 我必须找到他 |
[02:50] | and I have got to beg him to take me back. | 我必须乞求他重新接纳我 |
[02:54] | Uh, what about Grayson? | 那格雷森呢 |
[02:55] | I made a commitment to Owen. | 我已经对欧文许下了承诺 |
[02:57] | I love Owen. | 我爱欧文 |
[02:58] | Right. I know. | 对 我知道 |
[02:59] | And Matthew loved Lavinia, | 马修大表哥也爱拉维尼娅 |
[03:01] | but he still ended up with Lady Mary. | 但到最后他还不是和玛丽大小姐结了婚 |
[03:03] | What? | 什么 |
[03:04] | “Downton abbey.” | 《唐顿庄园》 |
[03:07] | Lavinia died of the Spanish flu, | 拉维尼娅死于西班牙流感 |
[03:10] | Owen is very much alive, | 欧文还活得好好的 |
[03:12] | And I need to make things right with him. | 我必须跟他重修旧好 |
[03:15] | Ladies. | 姑娘们 |
[03:16] | Teri, how did you find us? | 泰丽 你怎么找到我们的 |
[03:18] | We’ve been texting. | 我们一直在发短信 |
[03:19] | What’s going on? | 事态如何 |
[03:21] | Well, let’s see. | 是这样的 |
[03:21] | I dismissed all your wedding guests. | 我遣散了所有婚礼来宾 |
[03:23] | I put your mother in a cab. I paid the band. | 我把你母亲送上了计程车 我给乐队结了账 |
[03:25] | I got the drummer’s phone number. | 我问鼓手要了电话 |
[03:27] | I boxed up all the catered food | 我把所有食物都打包装好 |
[03:28] | and had it sent to a homeless shelter, | 叫人送去了流浪者之家 |
[03:30] | except for the wedding cake. | 除了结婚蛋糕 |
[03:31] | That’s now at my apartment. | 蛋糕在我公寓 |
[03:33] | Raspberry glazed amaretto. | 覆盆子意大利苦杏仁蛋糕 |
[03:34] | I couldn’t just let it go, so don’t judge. | 我就是无法抗拒诱惑 所以不许看低我 |
[03:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:37] | But now I need you to come back to the office with me. | 但现在你得跟我回办公室 |
[03:39] | Teri, it is my wedding day, | 泰丽 我今天结婚 |
[03:41] | so why in the world would I go to the office? | 我为什么要回办公室 |
[03:43] | Because my mother’s best friend’s cousin | 因为我妈最好朋友的表亲 |
[03:45] | really needs your help. | 非常需要你的帮助 |
[03:46] | Okay, well, I’m really sorry to hear about | 好吧 我对你妈最好朋友的 |
[03:47] | your mother’s best friend’s cousin, | 表亲的遭遇感到抱歉 |
[03:50] | but I’m kind of going through something right now. | 但是我现在自己处境也不妙 |
[03:52] | Jane, sometimes, it’s not all about you. | 简 有时候也不用事事都围着你转 |
[03:55] | This is a matter of life and death. | 这是生死攸关的事 |
[03:57] | Just take the meeting, | 你就去见一下他 |
[03:58] | and if you don’t want to help him, I will leave you alone. | 如果你还是不愿意帮他 我就不烦你了 |
[04:00] | But first, go home and change. | 但首先 回家换衣服 |
[04:06] | Kim. | 金 |
[04:10] | Did I take you from something? | 我是不是打扰你了 |
[04:11] | Oh, nothing important. | 没什么大不了的 |
[04:12] | Listen, I got your voicemail and email and text. | 我收到了你的语音留言 邮件和短信 |
[04:16] | You want to tell me what’s going on? | 想和我说说事情经过吗 |
[04:18] | What I’m gonna say… | 我要说的这件事 |
[04:21] | God, it’s so embarrassing. | 天啊 太让人难为情了 |
[04:24] | Wendy, you can tell me anything. | 温迪 你可以放心大胆地告诉我 |
[04:27] | Hey, you’ve been my friend since high school. | 我们俩从高中起就是朋友了 |
[04:29] | You’re the only one who knows | 你是唯一知道 |
[04:30] | that my prom date was my first cousin. | 我的舞伴实际上是我堂哥的人 |
[04:33] | Right. | 对 |
[04:33] | He was kind of hot. | 他挺帅的 |
[04:34] | Yeah, I know. I tried to make out with him. | 我知道 我还想和他亲热来着 |
[04:38] | Honestly, whatever it is, I’m here for you. | 说真的 无论发生什么事情 我都会支持你 |
[04:41] | Okay. | 好 |
[04:42] | So…Have you ever heard of that website revengephoto.com? | 你听说过一个叫做复仇照片的网站吗 |
[04:48] | Mnh-mnh. | 没有 |
[04:48] | It’s this site that displays naked photos of women, | 就是一个展示裸女照片的网站 |
[04:52] | emailed to the website by angry exboyfriends. | 这些照片都是由愤怒的前男友所提供 |
[04:55] | So, posting the photos are their form of revenge for being dumped? | 所以他们通过发布裸照来报复自己被甩吗 |
[04:59] | That’s the idea. | 是这样的 |
[05:00] | – Ew. – I know. | -真恶 -我知道 |
[05:01] | So, last year, I started dating this guy, Alex Gray, | 去年我开始和一个名叫艾利克斯·格雷的男人约会 |
[05:06] | And a few months in, he goes out of town, | 几个月后 他出差去了 |
[05:09] | asks me to take a few photos of myself and text them to him | 就让我拍几张自己的裸照发给他 |
[05:13] | because he missed me. | 因为他想我了 |
[05:14] | Why do we do these things? | 这不是自掘坟墓吗 |
[05:16] | So, last month, we broke up, | 然后 我们上个月分手了 |
[05:19] | and this morning, I get a call from a coworker, | 今天早上 一个同事打电话找我 |
[05:23] | telling me to check out the website. | 让我上这个网站看看 |
[05:25] | And that’s when I saw my fullfrontal photos. | 然后就看到了我的正面全裸照 |
[05:28] | Well, have you asked Alex to take them down? | 你找艾利克斯把照片撤掉了吗 |
[05:30] | He’s ignoring my calls. | 他不接我电话 |
[05:32] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[05:33] | Well, he won’t be able to ignore me. | 我看他敢不敢不理我 |
[05:40] | Your son is adorable. | 你儿子真可爱 |
[05:43] | Is this a custody dispute? | 是监护权纠纷吗 |
[05:45] | No, Ms. Bingum. | 不是 宾格温小姐 |
[05:46] | My wife passed away a few years ago. | 我妻子几年前去世了 |
[05:48] | Michael is sick. | 迈克尔有病在身 |
[05:49] | He was diagnosed with cutaneous T-cell lymphoma last December. | 他去年十二月被诊断出患了皮肤T淋巴细胞瘤 |
[05:53] | I’m sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[05:53] | Usually, it’s treated with chemotherapy drugs, | 这种病通常用化疗药物进行治疗 |
[05:56] | and they work in about 50% of the patients, | 对大约一半的病人有效 |
[05:58] | but they didn’t help Michael. | 但在迈克尔身上没有起色 |
[05:59] | Now, fortunately, Whiting Pharmaceuticals | 庆幸的是 怀廷制药 |
[06:01] | developed a process called photopheresis, | 研发了一种叫光化学疗法的治疗手段 |
[06:03] | which radiates the white blood cells with U.V. light. | 向白细胞放射紫外线 |
[06:05] | And does that work? | 这方法有效吗 |
[06:07] | Oh, it’s like a miracle. | 奇迹般有效 |
[06:09] | Michael was part of their trial program, | 迈克尔参与了他们的试验项目 |
[06:11] | and as long as he received treatment once a week, | 只要他每周治疗一次 |
[06:14] | he was symptom-free. | 就不会出现病症 |
[06:15] | But last month, Whiting abruptly ended the trial | 但上个月 怀廷制药突然终止了试验 |
[06:18] | No explanation. | 没有给出解释 |
[06:19] | And now my son is in the hospital, | 现在我儿子躺在医院里 |
[06:21] | and if he does not resume treatment, he will die. | 要是不恢复治疗 他就会死 |
[06:23] | Mr. Jacobs, you probably don’t want to hear this, but… | 雅各布斯先生 我很抱歉地告诉你… |
[06:25] | Yeah, the pharmaceutical company | 我知道 制药公司 |
[06:26] | can terminate the trial at any time for any reason. | 有权以任何理由在任何时间终止试验 |
[06:28] | Yes. | 没错 |
[06:29] | I’ve been to other lawyers. | 我找过其他律师 |
[06:32] | No one will take my case. | 没人肯接我的案子 |
[06:34] | Please…please help my son. | 请你帮帮我儿子吧 |
[06:47] | Teri, call judge Sanders, | 泰丽 找桑德斯法官 |
[06:49] | ask her to meet me for martinis at 42 Degrees in an hour. | 约她一小时后在42度酒吧和我喝马丁尼 |
[06:51] | Jane bingum, a boy’s life is in your hands, | 简·宾格温 一个男孩的生命握在你手里 |
[06:54] | and you’re going for cocktails? | 你却要跑去喝鸡尾酒 |
[06:55] | Teri, I need a judge | 泰丽 我得找个法官 |
[06:57] | to sign an ex parte application for a temporary restraining order | 签署一份临时限制令的单方面申请 |
[07:00] | to block Whiting Pharmaceuticals from terminating the trial program, | 阻止怀廷制药终止试验项目 |
[07:03] | and judge Sanders never turns down a happy hour. | 而桑德斯法官对喝酒一向来者不拒 |
[07:05] | – I’m on it. – Thank you. | -交给我 -谢了 |
[07:09] | – Jane. – Luke. | -简 -卢克 |
[07:13] | Well, I have some bad news for you. | 有坏消息要告诉你 |
[07:14] | Yeah, I destroyed my wedding, and my fiance is missing. | 我已经毁了我的婚礼 我未婚夫也失踪了 |
[07:17] | I’m up to speed. | 我还怕什么 |
[07:18] | Jane pressed the return button. | 简按下了返回键 |
[07:21] | What? What are you talking about? | 什么 你在说什么 |
[07:23] | Old Jane has been watching you from up there, | 原来的简一直在上面看着你 |
[07:26] | And she hasn’t been happy. | 她很不满意 |
[07:28] | So, wait. Old Jane the real Jane is is down here? | 等等 原来真正的简已经下凡了吗 |
[07:32] | That’s not all. | 还不止这些 |
[07:34] | What else could there possibly be? | 还能有什么更糟的事 |
[07:37] | There’s a chance…Her soul went into Owen’s body, | 有一定可能 她的灵魂附在了欧文身上 |
[07:41] | and that’s why he disappeared. | 所以他才失踪了 |
[07:51] | So old Jane’s soul went into Owen’s body. | 所以原来的简的灵魂跑进了欧文身体里 |
[07:54] | Are you kidding me? | 你开什么玩笑 |
[07:55] | Nothing’s confirmed. | 一切尚未证实 |
[07:57] | But Owen passed out maybe flatlined | 但也许欧文昏过去的时间 |
[07:59] | around the same time Jane pressed the return button. | 和简按下返回键的时间正好重合 |
[08:01] | And now we can’t seem to locate her soul or his body. | 现在我们无法定位简的灵魂和欧文的身体 |
[08:04] | Luke, how could this have happened? | 卢克 这一切怎么可能发生 |
[08:07] | She figured out what you did and did the same thing. | 她也发现了返回键 像你一样按了下去 |
[08:09] | It’s like lightning hitting the same place twice. | 就像闪电两次击中相同的地方 |
[08:11] | Oh, and just a headsup. | 然后提醒你一下 |
[08:12] | She is pretty pissed off at you for screwing up her life. | 你把她的人生搞得一团糟 她相当火大 |
[08:16] | Wh… Ha ha! | 什… 啊哈 |
[08:17] | Okay. All right. Slow down. | 好极了 慢点 |
[08:20] | See, because when I was put into this body, | 我刚住进这个身体的时候 |
[08:23] | she was still wearing granny panties and collecting cat art. | 她还在穿老掉牙的内裤 收集猫咪艺术品 |
[08:26] | She bought drugstore makeup, | 她还去药房买化妆品 |
[08:27] | and a wild night out was online scrabble. | 最嗨的夜生活是玩在线拼字 |
[08:30] | Hey, I’m just the messenger, okay? | 我只是负责传话的 |
[08:32] | Now, my guess is | 我的猜测是 |
[08:33] | she’ll probably go to places most comfortable to her. | 她多半会去些感觉最自在的地方 |
[08:35] | Okay, okay. All right. | 行 好吧 |
[08:37] | Did you check her old condo? | 你去过她原来的公寓了吗 |
[08:39] | It’s now a Jiffy Lube. | 现在已经改成捷飞络润滑油店了 |
[08:41] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[08:43] | If old Jane’s soul is in Owen’s body, | 要是原来的简的灵魂在欧文身体里 |
[08:46] | Then that means that Owen… | 那就意味着欧文已经… |
[08:50] | Is dead? | 死了吗 |
[08:53] | If her soul is in his body, then… | 要是她的灵魂已经住进里面 那么… |
[08:58] | He’s gone. | 他已经去了 |
[09:01] | Oh, my god. | 我的天 |
[09:02] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[09:07] | How can this be happening? | 怎么可以这样 |
[09:09] | I’m still trying to get confirmation. | 我还在努力证实中 |
[09:15] | Okay, okay. | 好的 |
[09:19] | Okay. | 好 |
[09:24] | Okay, I have to, um, pull myself together | 我得赶快振作起来 |
[09:26] | and go have drinks with judge Sanders. | 去和桑德斯法官喝一杯 |
[09:35] | Oh, but if you hear anything from Owen… | 要是你听说任何关于欧文的消息 |
[09:37] | I’ll let you know. | 我会告诉你的 |
[09:40] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[09:44] | I’m sympathetic, Jane. I really am. | 我很理解你 简 真的 |
[09:46] | But the supreme court has declared | 但最高法院已经宣布 |
[09:48] | there’s no fundamental right to healthcare. | 基本权利不再包括医疗护理 |
[09:50] | Your client is out of luck. | 你的委托人很不幸运 |
[09:52] | No, no. I’m not gonna argue fundamental rights. | 不 我不会以基本权利为论点 |
[09:54] | No, I’m gonna argue something else. | 我会找其他论点 |
[09:58] | Okay. What? | 好吧 是什么 |
[10:01] | Well, judge, I mean, I don’t want to… | 法官大人 我不想 |
[10:04] | I don’t want to ruin the surprise. | 我不想破坏了惊喜 |
[10:07] | I heard you stood up Owen at the altar. | 我听说你在婚礼现场放了欧文鸽子 |
[10:11] | I’m — I’m sorry. | 恕我冒昧 |
[10:11] | Have you talked to him? Have you seen him? | 你和他聊过吗 你见过他吗 |
[10:14] | No. | 没有 |
[10:15] | Is it true he came looking for you and passed out? | 他去找你 然后昏倒了 这是真的吗 |
[10:18] | I don’t really want to talk about that. | 我不想谈这事 |
[10:20] | Um, I do, however, want to save this boy’s life, | 但我真的想救救这孩子 |
[10:24] | so can you please help me? | 所以您能帮帮我吗 |
[10:25] | I can’t issue the order. | 我没法签发限制令 |
[10:27] | I don’t think you’ll prevail on the merits. | 这件事你没法说服我 |
[10:29] | Judge, please | 法官 拜托了 |
[10:29] | But I will grant an emergency hearing for a preliminary injunction. | 但我可以批准一场针对预先禁令的听证会 |
[10:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:34] | My courtroom, tomorrow, 10:00 A.M. | 明早十点 在我的法庭里 |
[10:36] | Come prepared with a real argument. | 准备好强有力的辩词 |
[10:38] | Yes, I will. Thank you so much. | 一定 太谢谢您了 |
[10:45] | Are you sure I can’t interest you | 你真的不要来一杯 |
[10:47] | in an antibloating kale smoothie? | 防肿胀的甘蓝冰沙吗 |
[10:49] | I drank them to fit into my bridesmaid’s dress, | 我靠这个把自己塞进了伴娘的礼服 |
[10:51] | and now my stomach is flatter than Gwyneth Paltrow’s. | 现在我的小腹比格温妮丝·帕特洛的还平坦 |
[10:54] | I’m fine. | 不用了 |
[10:56] | When do you think Jane will get home? | 简什么时候能回来 |
[10:57] | I tried calling her, but she’s not picking up. | 我给她打过电话了 但她不接 |
[11:00] | Did Jane mention to you what happened… | 简有和你说过我们俩… |
[11:04] | With us? | 发生了什么吗 |
[11:06] | What exactly are you referring to? | 你指的具体是什么 |
[11:08] | You know. | 你知道的 |
[11:12] | Or maybe you don’t. | 或许你不知道 |
[11:14] | Why don’t you tell me what you think I know, | 不如你说说你觉得我知道什么 |
[11:16] | and I’ll tell you if I know what you think I do. | 然后我告诉你我到底知不知道 |
[11:19] | I shouldn’t have said anything. | 我就不该提这茬 |
[11:25] | Grayson. | 格雷森 |
[11:27] | I’ll be in my bedroom… with my smoothie. | 我去我房里 喝冰沙 |
[11:31] | Hey, I’m sorry for my timing, | 抱歉我出现的不是时候 |
[11:33] | but everything I said at the wedding is true. | 但我在婚礼上说的都是真心的 |
[11:41] | We both need to pretend that what happened never happened. | 我们都必须假装一切都没发生过 |
[11:46] | I can’t do that. | 我做不到 |
[11:48] | Grayson, if you really do care about me, | 格雷森 要是你真的在乎我 |
[11:50] | you’ll just never mention it again. | 你就永远别再提了 |
[11:55] | I kissed you. | 我吻了你 |
[11:57] | You kissed me back. | 你也回吻了我 |
[11:58] | I know. | 我知道 |
[11:59] | But when I look at you now, | 但我现在看着你 |
[12:00] | all it does is make me feel horrible for hurting Owen, | 只会让我为伤害了欧文而感到自责 |
[12:03] | the man I was about to marry. | 那个我要嫁的男人 |
[12:07] | So you don’t have feelings for me? | 这么说你对我没感觉吗 |
[12:10] | Whether or not I do, it just it just doesn’t matter. | 有没有感觉不重要 |
[12:13] | That’s not an answer. | 不要逃避我的问题 |
[12:15] | It’s it’s all I can give you. | 我能告诉你的就这么多 |
[12:17] | Jane, when I kissed you, | 简 当我吻你的时候 |
[12:20] | honestly, I haven’t felt that way since — | 说实话 我很久没有那种感觉了 |
[12:21] | – Don’t don’t say it. – Jane, listen — | -别说了 -简 你听我说 |
[12:24] | Please stop. | 求你别说了 |
[12:26] | Do you know that Owen could be dead because of me? | 你知道欧文可能会因为我而死掉了吗 |
[12:29] | What? | 什么 |
[12:30] | Stacy said he checked himself out of the hospital. | 史黛西说他自己出院了 |
[12:33] | Oh, right. | 对 |
[12:34] | Yes. | 没错 |
[12:35] | No, I didn’t mean literally dead. | 不 我不是说生理上的死亡 |
[12:36] | I meant — I meant he could be dead on the inside. | 我是说他的心可能死了 |
[12:41] | Look, I’m clearly just not even thinking straight. | 我现在思维比较混乱 |
[12:45] | Can you leave…Please? | 你先走吧 好吗 |
[13:12] | Stacy? | 史黛西 |
[13:14] | Stace, have you seen my black skirt with the blue stitching? | 史黛西 你见我那件绣蓝边的黑裙子没 |
[13:18] | Is this what you’re looking for? | 你是说这件吗 |
[13:20] | – Oh, god. – Good morning. | -天呐 -早上好 |
[13:24] | I didn’t mean to startle you. | 我不是故意要吓你的 |
[13:25] | No, I’m so glad that you’re here. | 没事 你来了我很高兴 |
[13:28] | First, let me start with the most heartfelt apology, Owen. | 首先 我要向你表达最诚挚的歉意 欧文 |
[13:32] | I’m not Owen. | 我不是欧文 |
[13:34] | Oh, no. | 天 不要 |
[13:35] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[13:37] | It’s me Jane the real Jane. | 是我 简 真正的简 |
[13:41] | And we have a lot to talk about, Deb. | 我们得好好聊聊了 黛比 |
[13:43] | Okay, look, I know that you’re angry with me | 好的 我知道你生我的气 |
[13:46] | for what I did with your life, but I did not choose this. | 嫌我把你的生活搞成这样 可我也没得选啊 |
[13:50] | I am doing the best I can. | 我尽力做到最好了 |
[13:52] | – Really? – Really. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[13:53] | So, kissing Grayson at your wedding to Owen | 在你和欧文的婚礼上与格雷森拥吻 |
[13:55] | that’s the best you could do? | 就是你所谓的尽力吗 |
[13:57] | Well, that was a huge mistake. | 那是个天大的错误 |
[13:59] | You know what? | 这样吧 |
[14:00] | Let me just make you a cup of coffee or maybe some tea. | 咱们边喝咖啡边谈 还是你想喝茶 |
[14:03] | And, um, I have bagels and two kinds of cream cheese. | 我这有百吉饼 还有两种口味的奶油芝士 |
[14:06] | And you and I will just get to know each other. | 我们正好趁此机会了解一下对方 |
[14:08] | You’re wearing my Aunt Faye’s tennis bracelet. | 你戴着我法娅姑姑的手镯 |
[14:10] | Oh, yes. | 是的 |
[14:12] | No. Um, yes. | 不是 是这样的 |
[14:13] | I…I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[14:15] | She passed away last year, | 她去年去世了 |
[14:17] | and — and she left it to me — you. | 然后就把它留给了我 是留给了你 |
[14:19] | She left it to you, so I’m just gonna give that to you. | 留给了你 我这就摘下来还你 |
[14:23] | I don’t want the bracelet. | 我不要手镯 |
[14:25] | I want to destroy your life | 你毁了我的生活 |
[14:26] | the way that you destroyed mine. | 我也要以牙还牙 毁了你的生活 |
[14:36] | Yeah, sure. | 对 确实 |
[14:37] | I admit I posted wendy’s photos to the website. | 我承认我把温迪的照片传到网站上了 |
[14:40] | So what? | 那又怎么样 |
[14:41] | Do you have the ability to delete them? | 你能把照片删掉吗 |
[14:43] | I do. | 能啊 |
[14:45] | But I won’t. | 可我不想删 |
[14:46] | Alex, I’m up for a promotion in a few months. | 艾利克斯 近期内我有机会升职 |
[14:49] | These pictures could seriously… | 这些照片会严重影响 |
[14:50] | Ms. Burke, you sent the photos to my client. | 伯克小姐 你把照片发给了我的委托人 |
[14:52] | He can do whatever he wants with them. | 他想拿它们怎么办都行 |
[14:54] | Delete the photos, or we’ll be filing a suit | 删除照片 否则我们将以 |
[14:56] | for intentional infliction of emotional distress. | 故意精神伤害罪提起诉讼 |
[14:59] | You know what? I should sue her for emotional distress. | 我还要起诉她对我造成精神伤害呢 |
[15:01] | After all, she dumped me, | 毕竟是她甩了我 |
[15:03] | and I was emotionally distressed for days. | 我精神抑郁好几天了 |
[15:05] | I broke up with you because I wanted to be monogamous, | 我和你分手是因为我想要一夫一妻的生活 |
[15:08] | and you said you didn’t believe in monogamy | 你却说你根本不信这一套 |
[15:10] | unless it was with multiple people. | 除非有个三妻四妾 |
[15:13] | Tell you what I’ll delete them…for $5,000. | 好吧 给我五千美元 我就删 |
[15:16] | I’m not giving you a penny. | 一分钱我也不会给你 |
[15:17] | Ms. Kaswell, we know you won’t prevail on intentional infliction, | 卡斯维小姐 你要起诉故意伤害毫无胜算 |
[15:22] | so we’re calling your bluff. | 不要虚张声势了 |
[15:23] | Come on, Alex. We’re done here. | 走吧 艾利克斯 到此为止 |
[15:27] | All rise for the honorable Judge Sanders. | 全体起立 向桑德斯法官致敬 |
[15:30] | Jane. | 简 |
[15:33] | Any Owen updates? | 有欧文的消息没 |
[15:34] | I’ve looked everywhere. | 我都找遍了 |
[15:35] | I even called his sister. No one’s seen him. | 甚至还问了他姐姐 没人见过他 |
[15:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[15:38] | Everyone be seated, except Ms. Bingum. | 请就座 宾格温小姐除外 |
[15:42] | You’re up. | 请陈述 |
[15:44] | Your honor, Whiting Pharmaceuticals | 法官大人 怀廷制药 |
[15:46] | breached a contract with my client’s son | 违反了与我委托人之子的合同 |
[15:48] | by discontinuing their photopheresis trial program. | 中止了其光化学疗法的试验性治疗 |
[15:51] | The only just remedy is to force them to resume treatment. | 而其康复的唯一办法就是强迫他们继续治疗 |
[15:55] | Objection. | 反对 |
[15:56] | Counselor misstates the facts. | 控方律师陈述错误 |
[15:58] | There was no contract. | 根本没有合同 |
[15:59] | The treatment was free. | 治疗是免费的 |
[16:00] | Whiting Pharmaceuticals was obviously enriched | 很明显 怀廷制药因为迈克尔·雅各布斯 |
[16:02] | by Michael Jacobs’ participation in the trial program | 参与试验性治疗而从他身上获得了利益 |
[16:05] | or they wouldn’t have offered it for free. | 否则不会提供免费治疗 |
[16:07] | And we terminated the trial when it was no longer | 当继续试验达不到企业利益最大化 |
[16:09] | in our best business interest to continue it. | 我们当然要中止 |
[16:12] | I have courtesy copies of a motion | 我有一份动议副本 |
[16:14] | to dismiss their action in its entirety. | 可以完全驳回控方诉讼 |
[16:17] | Hey, excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[16:18] | There is no legal basis for this action. | 本案毫无法律依据 |
[16:20] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[16:21] | Unless you have something else. | 除非你有其他证据 |
[16:23] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:26] | Yes, I — I do, your honor. | 我有 法官大人 |
[16:28] | Um, I would like to call Mr. Jacobs to the stand. | 我想请雅各布斯先生上庭作证 |
[16:32] | She’s wasting the court’s time, your honor. | 法官大人 她在浪费时间 |
[16:34] | This man could lose his son. | 这位先生可能会失去他的儿子 |
[16:35] | The least we could do is hear him out. | 我们至少也要听听他的说法 |
[16:37] | Mr. Jacobs, come on up. | 雅各布斯先生 上证人席吧 |
[16:41] | Please tell the court | 请告知法庭 |
[16:42] | where did your son, Michael, receive his weekly treatments? | 你的儿子迈克尔是在哪家医院接受每周治疗的 |
[16:46] | Uh, St. Katherine’s hospital, | 圣凯瑟琳医院 |
[16:47] | once a week, in their cancer unit. | 癌症中心 每周一次 |
[16:49] | And I realize the treatments were free, | 我知道治疗是免费的 |
[16:51] | but did you ever spend money at the hospital? | 但你在医院有没有花过钱呢 |
[16:53] | For example, I know when I go to the hospital | 比如说 我知道去医院探病 |
[16:56] | to visit a friend or a client, I always go to the gift shop. | 朋友也好委托人也好 都要去礼品店买礼物 |
[17:00] | And I know, I know. | 我还知道 |
[17:00] | They charge a lot, but we’re paying for convenience, | 店里东西都挺贵 但我们图方便还是会买 |
[17:03] | and they have the cutest stuffed animals. | 而且他们还卖超可爱的毛绒玩具 |
[17:05] | Objection. Relevance. | 反对 与本案无关 |
[17:07] | Oh, it’s relevant. | 与本案有关 |
[17:08] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[17:09] | I’m curious where this is going. | 我很好奇接下来如何发展 |
[17:14] | Sure, I’ve spent money at the gift shop. | 当然 我在礼品店买了礼物 |
[17:17] | Uh, I also paid for parking. | 我付了停车费 |
[17:19] | I, uh, bought lunch in their cafeteria. | 还在他们的餐厅买了午餐 |
[17:23] | My client’s expenditures for parking, gifts, and food | 如果不是因为光化学疗法试验 |
[17:27] | would not have been made but for the pharmaceutical trials. | 我的委托人就不会产生停车 礼物和就餐费用 |
[17:30] | Regardless, none of these expenses enriched my client. | 不管怎样 这些费用也没有进我委托人的腰包 |
[17:33] | In this case, | 在本案中 |
[17:34] | the hospital serves as a proxy for your client. | 医院充当了你委托人的代理人 |
[17:37] | That’s ridiculous. | 太荒谬了 |
[17:38] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[17:39] | Your honor, | 法官大人 |
[17:40] | an 8 yearold boy will die if you don’t step in. | 如果您不干预 一个八岁男孩的生命将危在旦夕 |
[17:43] | Ms. Bingum, please approach the bench now! | 宾格温小姐 马上到席前来 |
[17:49] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[17:50] | I’m totally fine. | 我相当好 |
[17:52] | No, I’m just worried about my client. | 我只是担心我的委托人 |
[17:53] | You should be, too. | 您也该担心的 |
[17:55] | There’s a rumor going around | 有传言说 |
[17:55] | that you’ve been searching for Owen. | 你一直在找欧文 |
[17:57] | Your assistant even called my clerk, | 你的助手甚至给我的书记员打电话 |
[17:59] | asking if we’ve seen him. | 问是否见过他 |
[18:02] | Um…Have you? | 那 您见过吗 |
[18:05] | No. | 没有 |
[18:06] | I’m sorry, Jane. | 很抱歉 简 |
[18:07] | I know you’re going through something, but your — | 我知道你最近不顺 |
[18:09] | your halfbaked legal arguments won’t work. | 但你半吊子的法律依据站不住脚 |
[18:12] | Your honor, please. | 法官大人 求你了 |
[18:13] | Stop whining and take a deep breath. | 别再抱怨了 深呼吸 |
[18:18] | I’m waiting. | 我等着呢 |
[18:24] | Now exhale. | 现在呼气 |
[18:27] | Now go back to your seat. | 回到你的席位去 |
[18:29] | Go. | 去吧 |
[18:35] | Ms. Bingum, you have 24 hours | 宾格温小姐 你有24小时 |
[18:37] | to respond to the defendant’s motion. | 回应被告的动议 |
[18:39] | Should you fail to do so, I will rule summarily on the pleadings. | 若未给出回应 我将立刻对原告起诉进行裁决 |
[18:45] | Jane. | 简 |
[18:46] | That was a disaster. I’m so sorry. | 真是场大悲剧 抱歉了 |
[18:48] | No time for a pity party. | 没时间自怨自艾了 |
[18:50] | Do you recognize that man over there? | 你注意到那边那个男人没 |
[18:53] | Good hair, custom suit, nice package | 发型赞 定做西装 那话儿饱满 |
[18:55] | and by package, I mean briefcase. | 我是指公文包不错 |
[18:58] | Should I? | 注意他干什么 |
[18:59] | Walter Clark. | 他是沃尔特·克拉克 |
[19:01] | One of the richest men in America, | 美国最富有的人之一 |
[19:02] | entrepreneur of the Year, “Forbes Magazine,” 2008. | 2008年被《福布斯杂志》评为年度企业家 |
[19:05] | He lives in New York with his third wife, Bethany. | 他和第三任妻子贝瑟妮住在纽约 |
[19:08] | Exactly. | 正是 |
[19:09] | What’s he doing at this trial? | 他来参加庭审做什么 |
[19:11] | Do me a favor and find out. | 帮我个忙 查清楚 |
[19:22] | Oh, sorry. | 对不起 |
[19:23] | I see you’re, uh, buried in your work there. | 看出来你在专心致志地埋头工作 |
[19:26] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[19:28] | Oh, a swan, a frog, | 天鹅 青蛙 |
[19:31] | and a, uh, crane with a glandular condition? | 还有只前列腺有毛病的鹤 |
[19:36] | It’s a turkey. | 这是火鸡 |
[19:39] | Origami usually calms me down. | 折纸通常能帮我静心 |
[19:41] | It’s not working. | 但现在没用 |
[19:42] | You want to talk about it? | 想找人倾诉一下吗 |
[19:44] | – Not really. – Okay. | -不想 -好吧 |
[19:45] | You want to listen to me talk? | 那你想听我说话吗 |
[19:47] | Do I have a choice? | 我有得选吗 |
[19:53] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[19:56] | Congratulations. | 恭喜啊 |
[19:59] | This is a good thing, right? | 这是件好事 对吧 |
[20:01] | At first, I wasn’t sure, but, um… | 刚开始我还不确定 |
[20:04] | Yeah, it’s a good thing. | 不过确实是件好事 |
[20:07] | Well, who else knows? | 这事还有谁知道 |
[20:08] | Well, I told Parker about it. | 我告诉了帕克 |
[20:10] | Let me guess — he’s not happy one of his partners | 让我猜猜 他的一位合伙人要休产假 |
[20:12] | is going to be taking maternity leave. | 他心里不太高兴 |
[20:14] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[20:15] | But, um, I think he is excited he’s going to be a father again. | 不过他又要当爸爸了 这应该让他很兴奋 |
[20:22] | Well, I didn’t know. | 我不知道孩子是他的 |
[20:23] | So, where is the father-to-be? | 准爸爸人呢 |
[20:25] | I haven’t seen him all day. | 我一整天都没看到他 |
[20:26] | Oh, well, his son is the lead in his school play, | 他儿子是学校话剧的主演 |
[20:29] | so he took off this morning | 所以他上午请假 |
[20:30] | to spend a few days with him in Toronto. | 陪儿子在多伦多待几天 |
[20:32] | Jay Parker stepping up. | 杰·帕克再得贵子 |
[20:34] | Yes, he is. | 是啊 |
[20:36] | So, what about you two? | 那你们俩之间如何 |
[20:38] | Back together. | 我们复合了 |
[20:39] | It feels right this time. | 这次感觉对了 |
[20:42] | You’re almost out of origami paper, | 你的折纸快用完了 |
[20:44] | so you want to tell me what’s going on with you? | 想告诉我你为何这么焦虑吗 |
[20:47] | I read your new client memo — | 我读了你新客户的备忘录 |
[20:49] | your revengephoto.com case. | 就是复仇照片网一案 |
[20:50] | You’re changing the subject. | 你在转移话题 |
[20:51] | And you’re going after the wrong defendant. | 你找错被告了 |
[20:53] | What are you talking about? | 你这是什么意思 |
[20:54] | I had a client once, | 我以前有个客户 |
[20:55] | a shy, conservative type, worked at an accounting firm. | 是个害羞保守的人 在会计事务所工作 |
[20:58] | One day, she gets an e-mail from her boss saying | 有一天 她收到老板的一封邮件 |
[21:00] | Friday is pajama day at the office — mandatory. | 说周五是公司的睡衣日 强制执行 |
[21:03] | So on Friday, she wears her pjs, | 所以周五她就穿了睡衣上班 |
[21:05] | only it was a practical joke. | 结果那是个恶作剧 |
[21:07] | The entire office had a huge laugh at her expense. | 全公司的人狠狠嘲笑了她一番 她很受伤 |
[21:09] | Well, pjs are a little bit different | 睡衣跟裸体 |
[21:11] | than your birthday suit. | 可不太一样 |
[21:13] | Well, maybe so, but her boss knew she’d be humiliated. | 虽说如此 但她老板知道她会受到嘲笑 |
[21:15] | – So, what? You sued the boss? – No. | -所以你起诉了老板吗 -没有 |
[21:17] | We sued the accounting firm and won. | 我们起诉了那家会计事务所 最后胜诉了 |
[21:21] | The firm knowingly provided the forum | 该事务所故意提供平台 |
[21:23] | which caused your client’s humiliation. | 使你的客户受到侮辱 |
[21:26] | Very nice. Thank you, Grayson. | 非常好 谢谢你 格雷森 |
[21:28] | Anytime. | 随时效劳 |
[21:30] | Oh, congrats again…Mom. | 再次恭喜你 妈妈 |
[21:43] | Jane. | 简 |
[21:45] | Any news on Owen? | 欧文有消息了吗 |
[21:46] | Sorry. Still nothing. | 抱歉 还是没有 |
[21:47] | But I did find out | 但我知道 |
[21:48] | why Walter Clark is so interested in your case. | 为何沃尔特·克拉克对你的案子感兴趣 |
[21:51] | Talk to me. | 跟我说说 |
[21:53] | Whiting is being purchased by Hambridge Drugs, | 怀廷制药正遭到汉伯治制药的收购 |
[21:55] | the company that owns the chemotherapy protocol | 也就是拥有对迈克尔不起效的化学疗法的 |
[21:57] | that didn’t work on Michael, | 那家公司 |
[21:59] | and Walter Clark is the single largest shareholder | 而沃尔特·克拉克是汉伯治股份 |
[22:01] | of Hambridge stock. | 唯一的大股东 |
[22:03] | Go on. | 继续说 |
[22:04] | That chemotherapy protocol | 那种化学疗法 |
[22:06] | is a big business with huge profit margins. | 是一项利润巨大的大业务 |
[22:08] | And if the photopheresis trials are successful, | 如果光化学疗法试验成功了 |
[22:10] | then that could become the standard of care, | 它就有可能成为治疗标准 |
[22:12] | and the chemo protocol would be worthless. | 到时化学疗法将一文不值 |
[22:15] | You bet. | 没错 |
[22:16] | So Hambridge is only buying this company to halt the trials. | 所以汉伯治收购这家公司只是为了终止试验 |
[22:19] | That’s disgusting. | 太恶劣了 |
[22:21] | So what now? | 现在怎么办 |
[22:22] | Get me everything you can find on Hambridge — | 搜集汉伯治的一切资料 |
[22:24] | Annual reports, | 年度报告 |
[22:25] | board-of-director minutes, articles, | 董事会会议记录 文章 |
[22:27] | whatever you can find. | 所有你能找到的资料 |
[22:40] | Jane. | 简 |
[22:43] | Oh, god. | 天啊 |
[22:45] | I hear you’ve been looking for me. | 我听说你一直在找我 |
[22:54] | Owen, before you say anything. | 欧文 你先听我说 |
[22:59] | What’s your favorite food? | 你最喜欢吃什么 |
[23:02] | What? Why? | 什么 怎么这么问 |
[23:03] | Just answer, please. | 你回答就好 拜托 |
[23:04] | Okay, okay. | 好 好 |
[23:06] | Uh, pizza. | 比萨 |
[23:08] | Wait. That doesn’t prove anything. | 慢着 这证明不了什么啊 |
[23:09] | Everybody loves pizza. | 地球人都爱比萨 |
[23:12] | Do you recognize this tennis bracelet? | 你认得这条手链吗 |
[23:15] | What? | 什么 |
[23:15] | What’s your mother’s maiden name? | 你妈妈的婚前性是什么 |
[23:16] | – Fife. – I thought it was Addison. | -费福 -我一直以为是艾迪生 |
[23:18] | No, that’s her middle name. | 不 那是她的中间名 |
[23:19] | Oh, right. | 没错 |
[23:20] | Oh, right! | 对了 |
[23:23] | Owen… | 欧文 |
[23:28] | Please please just let me start with the most heartfelt apology. | 请接受我最衷心的道歉 |
[23:35] | Um, I… | 我 |
[23:37] | You are the most amazing… | 你是我见过 |
[23:40] | wonderful man that I have ever met. | 最出色 最优秀的男人 |
[23:43] | and I… I… | 而我 |
[23:44] | You should get that. | 你先处理他的事吧 |
[23:45] | – I, uh stay, please? – Okay. | -我 你等我好吗 -好 |
[23:50] | What could you possibly want from me right now? | 你挑这时候找我有什么要紧事 |
[23:52] | Okay, Owen never died. | 听好 欧文从来没有死 |
[23:55] | Jane’s soul was never inside of him. | 简的灵魂从来没附到他身上 |
[23:56] | Yeah, I just figured that out. So, where is old Jane? | 我也刚察觉到 那原本的简去哪儿了 |
[23:59] | That’s the thing. | 问题就在这儿 |
[24:00] | We don’t really know. | 我们也不知道 |
[24:02] | You, uh, may want to carry pepper spray. | 你可能得随身携带防狼喷雾 |
[24:04] | Oh, my god. I got to go. | 天啊 我要走了 |
[24:05] | – Jane. – What?! | -简 -又怎么了 |
[24:08] | Actually, I’m not here about you. | 事实上 我不是为了你的事而来 |
[24:10] | I’m here about me. | 是来谈我的事 |
[24:12] | Yeah, of course. | 当然 |
[24:14] | I’m being called back. | 我要被召回了 |
[24:16] | Called back? | 召回 |
[24:17] | I was supposed to keep you and Grayson apart. | 我来的目的是要把你和格雷森分开 |
[24:20] | Epic failure. | 华丽丽地失败了 |
[24:21] | So, uh, you know let’s not get all sentimental about it. | 所以 还是别弄这么伤感了 |
[24:26] | I just I wanted to say…goodbye. | 我就是想来说再见的 |
[24:31] | And, uh… | 还有 |
[24:37] | …I’m sorry I wasn’t a better angel. | 很抱歉我这个守护天使不够称职 |
[24:40] | Are you crying? | 你是在哭吗 |
[24:42] | I got something in my eye. | 眼睛进东西了 |
[24:47] | For the record, you were a fine angel. | 我明确告诉你 你是个不错的天使 |
[24:51] | You know, I can I can be a handful. | 我这人经常弄出一堆麻烦事 |
[24:54] | Mm-hmm. Big time. | 确实如此 |
[24:57] | I might even miss you a little bit. | 我甚至可能会想念你呢 |
[25:03] | Jane, is everything okay? | 简 一切都还好吧 |
[25:04] | Yes. I’m so sorry. Just one more second? | 很好 对不起 你能再等一下吗 |
[25:06] | – Okay. – Okay. | -行 -好 |
[25:23] | Owen… | 欧文 |
[25:26] | …I don’t know where to begin. | 我不知要从何说起 |
[25:28] | When someone commits themselves 100% | 当某个人百分百同意了 |
[25:29] | to a particular arrangement, | 某个特定的约定 |
[25:31] | and then they’re devastated by the behavior of the other party, | 然后他们因另一方的行为而受到伤害 |
[25:34] | there has to be consequences. | 那肯定要承担相应后果 |
[25:36] | What consequences? | 什么后果 |
[25:37] | I’m just saying that when a party gives up opportunities | 我只是在说当一方基于约定内容 |
[25:41] | based on that agreement, | 而放弃了他的机会 |
[25:41] | the other party can’t just walk away scotfree. | 另一方不能不受惩罚就离开 |
[25:44] | No, no, no. I don’t want to walk away. | 不是不是 我不想离开 |
[25:46] | I want to marry you, and and I will earn your forgiveness. | 我想嫁给你 我会努力赢得你的原谅 |
[25:50] | No, I’m not talking about us. | 我不是在说我俩的事 |
[25:52] | Uh, okay, what? | 那是在说什么 |
[25:54] | I looked at your case. | 我看了你的案件 |
[25:56] | When Kevin Jacobs agreed to | 当凯文·雅各布斯同意 |
[25:57] | put his son in the photopheresis trials, | 让他儿子接受光化学疗法试验的时候 |
[25:59] | he gave up other treatment options. | 他就放弃了其他的治疗选择 |
[26:01] | Oh, my god, you’re right. | 我的天 你说得对 |
[26:02] | You’re right. | 没错啊 |
[26:03] | You think I should argue detrimental reliance. | 我应该从信赖损害上来辩论 |
[26:06] | Oh, you are brilliant. | 你真聪明 |
[26:08] | That’s why I made judge at 29. | 所以我29岁就当上了法官啊 |
[26:13] | Now, in regards to us… | 现在 说到我们了 |
[26:15] | Owen, I will do anything. | 欧文 我愿意做任何事 |
[26:17] | Jane, I loved you so damn much, Jane, so much. | 简 我太爱你 爱到肝脑涂地 |
[26:21] | But now… | 但现在 |
[26:22] | No. “But now” What? | “但现在”怎么了 |
[26:24] | I’m angry. | 我在生气 |
[26:26] | I’m… I’ve never been this angry in my entire life. | 我这辈子没试过这么生气 |
[26:29] | And and and and you know what? | 还有 你知道吗 |
[26:39] | No, I can’t I can’t have this conversation right now. | 不行 我现在不能谈这件事 |
[26:41] | No, no, no, no. Owen, please talk to me. | 别走 欧文 求你跟我说话 |
[26:47] | I don’t want to say anything that I’m gonna regret. | 我不想说一些我会后悔的话 |
[26:57] | My name is Levi Marx. | 我叫利瓦伊·马科斯 |
[26:58] | I’m the owner of revengephoto.com. | 我是复仇照片网的所有者 |
[27:01] | Would you agree that your website provides a forum | 如果我说你的网站提供了一个平台 |
[27:03] | through which your users invade women’s privacy | 给人们侵犯女性隐私 并造成极大羞辱 |
[27:06] | and cause severe humiliation? | 你是否同意 |
[27:08] | Objection. | 反对 |
[27:09] | Counselor is testifying. | 控方律师自证 |
[27:11] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[27:12] | Get off your soapbox, Ms. Kaswell. | 可以不用再演了 卡斯维小姐 |
[27:15] | Yes or no? Are women humiliated on your website? | 女性是否在你的网站上遭到羞辱 请回答 |
[27:17] | My site provides an outlet for anger | 我的网站给人们发泄愤怒的机会 |
[27:20] | that may prevent physical violence. | 可以避免产生实际的身体暴力 |
[27:23] | Now, instead of abusing | 现在 我的会员 |
[27:24] | or potentially beating up an exgirlfriend, | 不去辱骂或者伤害前女友 |
[27:26] | my members send in their photos, and they call it a day. | 他们只是把相片传到网上 然后就结了 |
[27:29] | – Are you kidding me? – Your honor? | -你是在搞笑吧 -法官大人 |
[27:31] | His defense is that he’s doing a public service | 他们居然用把女性裸照放上网 |
[27:33] | by posting photos of naked women? | 是在做公益服务当做辩护理由 |
[27:35] | I don’t need a defense. | 我不需要辩护 |
[27:36] | I haven’t done anything wrong. | 我没做错事 |
[27:38] | Okay. | 那好 |
[27:40] | Why not just take down my client’s photos | 何不把我委托人的相片撤掉 |
[27:41] | and “Call it a day”? | 那这事”就结了” |
[27:43] | It would set a bad precedent to delete usergenerated content. | 撤掉用户上传的内容 会形成不好的先例 |
[27:47] | One last question — | 最后一个问题 |
[27:48] | Did my client consent to having her photos posted? | 我的委托人有没有同意将相片传到网上 |
[27:52] | All the photos on my site are of adult women | 我网站上的相片都是在获得成年女性 |
[27:55] | who have consented in having their photos taken. | 同意的情况下拍摄的 |
[27:58] | Now, beyond that, I wouldn’t know. | 除此之外 我不知内情 |
[28:03] | Does your website produce pornography? | 你的网站制作色情片吗 |
[28:06] | Nope. | 不制作 |
[28:07] | We simply provide a forum where users can upload their photos. | 我们只是提供一个让大家上传照片的平台 |
[28:12] | The first amendment protects my client’s right | 第一修正案保护我方委托人 |
[28:14] | to post these photos, as long as the women are of age. | 上传成年女性照片的权利 |
[28:18] | Given that the plaintiff has not put forth any legal issues, | 鉴于原告并没有提出任何法律争议点 |
[28:22] | we move to dismiss. | 我方动议法庭驳回起诉 |
[28:23] | Your honor… | 法官大人 |
[28:24] | Yes, Ms. Kaswell? I’m listening. | 是的 卡斯维小姐 我在听 |
[28:26] | May I… request more time? | 我可以 申请多些时间吗 |
[28:30] | As much as I detest this website, | 虽然我也很厌恶这个网站 |
[28:33] | more time won’t change the facts here. | 但再多时间也不会改变事实 |
[28:36] | I’m dismissing your case. | 驳回起诉 |
[28:41] | I’m so sorry, Wendy. | 很抱歉 温迪 |
[28:42] | I’ll try and get a loan from my mom. | 我会试着问妈妈借钱 |
[28:44] | If I have to pay him $5,000, I will. | 如果一定要给他五千块 我会给 |
[28:46] | Ugh. But that’s just so wrong. I mean — | 但不应该是这样的 |
[28:49] | Hi. Maggie Quinn with “The Valley Post.” | 你好 我是《溪谷邮报》的记者玛吉·奎恩 |
[28:51] | I’m doing a story on the revenge photo case. | 我在跟进复仇相片的案件 |
[28:52] | I’d like to ask you both a few questions. | 我有些问题想问你们两位 |
[28:54] | You just took my picture. | 你刚拍了我的照片 |
[28:55] | That’s right. This is news. | 没错 我在报导新闻 |
[28:57] | Yes. Yes, it is. | 没错 没错 |
[28:59] | And and it’s your right to either publish or not publish our photo. | 是否刊登我们的照片则是你的权利 |
[29:03] | What’s going on, Kim? | 怎么了 金 |
[29:04] | Go ahead and call my office to set up an interview. | 请跟我办公室联系 约个见面时间吧 |
[29:06] | Thank you. I will. | 谢谢 我会的 |
[29:07] | Wendy, don’t call your mom for that $5,000 just yet. | 温迪 先别打电话给你妈妈要那五千块了 |
[29:11] | I just got your brief, Ms. Bingum. | 我刚收到你的陈述意见 宾格温女士 |
[29:13] | You’ll be arguing detrimental reliance? | 你要将信赖损害作为辩护理由吗 |
[29:15] | That’s correct. | 是的 |
[29:17] | Jane. | 简 |
[29:19] | Michael just took a turn for the worse. | 麦克的情况恶化了 |
[29:20] | Kevin’s with him in the I.C.U. | 凯文在重症室陪他 |
[29:22] | – The brief has merit. – Yes, it does. | -起诉书具有价值 -没错 |
[29:25] | My client gave up other opportunities to get well. | 我的委托人放弃了其他康复机会 |
[29:29] | In April, Michael could have received | 四月时 麦克本可以 |
[29:31] | a bonemarrow transplant, | 接受一次骨髓移植 |
[29:32] | but because of the photopheresis trial, he missed that chance. | 但因为光化学疗法试验 他错过了机会 |
[29:36] | Bonemarrow transplants are risky, | 骨髓移植有风险 |
[29:38] | and their success is iffy, at best. | 是否成功是不可预知的 |
[29:39] | Regardless, my client had no way of foreseeing | 无论如何 我方委托人无法预见到 |
[29:43] | that Mr. Clark uh, yeah, that man right there | 克拉克先生 就是那边那位 |
[29:46] | would acquire a stake in Whiting | 会在怀廷制药入股 |
[29:49] | and then discontinue the photopheresis trial | 而后为保护汉伯治获利更高的化学治疗方案 |
[29:51] | in order to protect Hambridge’s lucrative chemotherapy protocol. | 而叫停了光化学疗法试验 |
[29:55] | Now, even if that were true, it’s irrelevant. | 就算事实如此 也与案件无关 |
[29:58] | May we remind the court | 我们提醒法庭 |
[30:00] | Mr. Jacobs asked us to include his son in the trials? | 是雅各布斯先生要求让他儿子参加试验的 |
[30:03] | He relied on your promise | 他相信了你们的承诺 |
[30:05] | that you would try and make his son well. | 相信你们会尽力治好他儿子 |
[30:08] | I agree with Ms. Bingum. | 我同意宾格温女士的意见 |
[30:09] | There is detrimental reliance here. | 你们造成了信赖损害 |
[30:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:12] | But under the doctrine of detrimental reliance, | 但在信赖损害理论之下 |
[30:14] | plaintiff can only recover financial damages. | 原告只能提出经济损害赔偿 |
[30:17] | That’s true. | 没错 |
[30:18] | Oh, come on. Your Honor… | 拜托 法官大人 |
[30:19] | He’s right. | 他说的没错 |
[30:20] | Even if I theoretically rule in the plaintiff’s favor, | 即使我判原告胜诉 |
[30:23] | I still can’t compel the defendant to treat your client. | 也不能强迫被告治疗你的委托人 |
[30:26] | No. Please… | 不 求您… |
[30:28] | The court grants the defendant’s motion. | 法庭批准被告的动议 |
[30:31] | We’re done here. | 结案 |
[30:41] | Jane. Jane! | 简 简 |
[30:44] | I’m really, really sorry, Teri. | 我真的很抱歉 泰丽 |
[30:45] | There’s got to be something else we can do. | 我们肯定还有别的办法 |
[30:47] | No, that little boy is gonna die because of one man’s greed. | 不 那小男孩因为某人的贪婪就要死了 |
[30:50] | Uh, excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[30:51] | – You’re Jane Bingum? – Yeah. | -你是简·宾格温吗 -对 |
[30:53] | May I have a moment of your time? | 我能跟你说句话吗 |
[30:55] | I…guess. | 可…以吧 |
[30:59] | I’ll see you back at the office. | 我们回办公室见 |
[31:01] | Okay. | 可以 |
[31:04] | How can I help you? | 有什么需要我帮助吗 |
[31:05] | Uh, actually, I’m here to help you. | 其实 我是来帮你的 |
[31:07] | I’m Paul, your new guardian angel. | 我是保罗 你的新守护天使 |
[31:16] | So Jane, you and me we are gonna be a team. | 所以 简 我们是一个团队了 |
[31:18] | [伯特和厄尼是动画《芝麻街》的主角 小姐和流氓是1995年同名动画的主角] | |
[31:18] | Like Bert and Ernie or Lady and the Tramp | 就像伯特和厄尼 小姐和流氓 |
[31:20] | or peanut butter and jelly. | 还有花生酱和果冻 |
[31:21] | Oh, that’s sweet. Paul? | 真好 你叫保罗 |
[31:23] | Yeah, um, listen, I don’t need another guardian angel, | 对 听着 我不需要守护天使 |
[31:26] | ’cause I’m kind of over the whole thing. | 我已经受够这种安排了 |
[31:28] | Right. I hear you. | 对 我明白了 |
[31:29] | And trust me you know, | 但请相信 |
[31:30] | I only got this job ’cause no one else wanted it. | 我做这份工作只是因为没人愿意来 |
[31:32] | Apparently, you’re a tricky bit of business to manage. | 很明显 你有点难对付 |
[31:34] | That’s because I don’t like to be managed. | 因为我不喜欢被人管 |
[31:35] | Right. You’re headstrong, and you tend not to listen. | 没错 你顽固 不愿接受意见 |
[31:37] | But the truth is I don’t really care. | 但其实 我不在乎 |
[31:40] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[31:41] | Did you just say that you don’t really care? | 你刚才是说你不在乎吗 |
[31:44] | Yeah. Well, my trip here on earth — | 对啊 我来地球的旅程 |
[31:45] | You know, I mean, it’s a vacation. | 算是一次度假 |
[31:47] | And look at me. You know? | 看看我 |
[31:48] | I mean, humans are gonna be putty in my fingers. | 人类都将是我的指中之臣 |
[31:50] | Okay, the expression is putty in your hands. | 那句话叫掌中之臣 |
[31:52] | Yeah, they will be. Check this out. | 没错 看看这个 |
[31:54] | You want to touch it? | 想摸摸吗 |
[31:55] | Mnh-mnh. | 不想 |
[31:56] | Yeah, humans you know, they’re so superficial. | 你知道 人类很肤浅的 |
[31:58] | Up there, we just see muscles | 在天上 我们认为肌肉 |
[32:00] | as tissue composed of fibers capable of contracting, | 只是可以收缩的纤维组织而已 |
[32:02] | But down here? Pure sex appeal. | 但在这里呢 纯粹的性感利器 |
[32:04] | And look at these lumps. | 看看我的腹肌 |
[32:05] | – Oh, my god. – Nice, huh? | -上帝啊 -很不错 对吧 |
[32:07] | They’re really nice. Bring it down. | 确实很棒 把衣服放下来吧 |
[32:08] | Bring it down. What’s wrong with you? | 放下来 你是怎么了 |
[32:10] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[32:11] | When you were in Deb’s body, | 你在黛比的身体里时 |
[32:12] | all you cared about was your appearance. | 只关心自己的外貌 |
[32:14] | You know, you spent hours in front of the mirror | 你曾在镜子前花几个小时 |
[32:15] | just curling and uncurling your eyelashes. | 把睫毛弄卷又弄直 |
[32:17] | Uncurling. | 是在弄直 |
[32:18] | Now that you’re in Jane’s body, | 现在你在简的身体里 |
[32:19] | maybe your priorities have changed, but you’re no better or worse. | 也许心中的重点变了 但跟以前不分高下 |
[32:21] | Oh, wow. You’re really annoying me. | 你把我搞得超心烦 |
[32:23] | Hey, right now, my priority is… | 好吧 目前我的首要任务是… |
[32:29] | Damn it. What’s my priority again? | 该死 我的首要任务是什么来着 |
[32:31] | I’m guessing your priority is to find old Jane. | 我猜你的首要任务是找到原来的简吧 |
[32:34] | Yes. That’s right. Thank you. Thank you. | 没错 谢谢你 谢谢 |
[32:36] | We know her soul is in a body somewhere here in Los Angeles. | 我们知道她的灵魂在洛杉矶的某具身体里 |
[32:38] | We just can’t find her. | 但找不到她 |
[32:39] | And I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[32:40] | Paul, dear… | 保罗 亲 |
[32:41] | Hey, I like when you call me dear. | 我喜欢你叫我亲 |
[32:43] | You know, it makes me, uh, | 让我觉得… |
[32:45] | feel like you care about my wellbeing. Do you? | 你很在乎我的幸福 你在乎吗 |
[32:47] | Not at all. | 完全不在乎 |
[32:48] | Dear, I am going to visit my sick client in the hospital, | 亲 我要去医院探望生病的委托人 |
[32:52] | and you’re in my way. | 你挡我路了 |
[32:53] | Oh, well… | 好吧 |
[32:55] | Yeah, just remember that. | 记得就好 |
[33:03] | Your honor, as you know, Ms. Kaswell | 法官大人 如你所知 卡斯维女士 |
[33:05] | failed to get revenge photo to take down the photos. | 未能让复仇照片网撤掉照片 |
[33:08] | And this Hail Mary against my client | 而这场针对我方委托人的最后一搏 |
[33:10] | is an abuse of the legal system. | 是对法律资源的滥用 |
[33:12] | Intentional infliction of emotional distress, | 故意精神伤害罪 |
[33:15] | really, is a loser. | 是个站不住脚的论点 |
[33:17] | I agree, which is why I’ve amended our complaint | 同意 所以我修改了诉讼请求 |
[33:20] | to include copyright infringement. | 加入了版权侵犯 |
[33:23] | We’d like to call Alex ray to the stand. | 我们想请艾利克斯·格雷上庭作证 |
[33:25] | And if your Honor doesn’t think we have a case | 如果法官大人在作证完毕后 |
[33:27] | once I’ve finished with the witness, we’ll drop it. | 仍然认为案件不成立 我们就撤销诉讼 |
[33:30] | All right, Mr. Gray, you’re up. | 好的 格雷先生 请上证人席 |
[33:36] | Did my client give you permission to publish her photos? | 我方委托人允许你发表照片了吗 |
[33:40] | What do you mean, “Publish”? | 你说的”发表”是什么意思 |
[33:41] | To distribute to the public, | 向公众展示 |
[33:43] | which is what happened when they were displayed on the website. | 当照片被发布在网站上时就会造成这种结果 |
[33:47] | I didn’t need permission. | 我不需要许可 |
[33:48] | She gave me the photos. | 是她自己把照片发给我的 |
[33:49] | I could do whatever I wanted with them | 我拿它们做什么都行 |
[33:51] | because they were mine. | 因为它们属于我 |
[33:53] | Not according to the law, they aren’t. | 根据法律 它们不属于你 |
[33:55] | See, if you took the photos, that would be true, | 如果照片是你拍的 那确实属于你 |
[33:57] | like when a reporter takes my photo. | 就像记者拍了我的照片 |
[34:00] | She owns it. She can publish it. | 照片属于她 她可以发表 |
[34:02] | But Wendy took the photos of herself, | 但温迪自己拍的照片 |
[34:04] | and then you published them without her permission, | 而后你未经允许发表了它们 |
[34:06] | which constitutes copyright infringement. | 构成了版权侵犯 |
[34:08] | Objection. Your Honor, counselor is testifying. | 反对 法官大人 控方律师自证 |
[34:10] | Maybe so, but I hope you’re paying attention. | 也许是 但我希望你能注意 |
[34:13] | She makes a valid point. | 她的观点有道理 |
[34:17] | I’m sorry if I was too preachy. | 抱歉 我话太多 |
[34:19] | I’ll, uh, go sit down. | 我…回去坐下 |
[34:24] | Mr. Cummings. | 卡明斯先生 |
[34:27] | I’d like to request a short recess. | 我想申请短暂休庭 |
[34:29] | Five minutes. | 给你五分钟 |
[34:30] | And if your first sentence back | 如果你们回来后第一句话不是 |
[34:32] | isn’t “We’ve taken down the offending photos,” | “我们撤掉了不雅照” |
[34:34] | I’ll assume you don’t understand copyright law, | 那我会认为你不懂版权法 |
[34:37] | And I’ll order you to attend | 进而要求你 |
[34:38] | 40 hours of continuing legal education. | 参加40小时的律师继续教育 |
[34:43] | Got it? | 明白了吗 |
[34:45] | Got it. | 明白 |
[34:57] | Mr. Jacobs? | 雅各布斯先生 |
[35:03] | How is he? | 他怎么样了 |
[35:06] | Uh, doctors say he’s got 48 hours | 医生说如果不进行治疗 |
[35:08] | if we don’t get him the treatment. | 他就只剩48小时可活了 |
[35:11] | We lost in court. | 我们败诉了 |
[35:15] | No. | 不 |
[35:16] | I am so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[35:18] | I don’t understand how this can happen. | 怎么会是这个样子 |
[35:20] | A man named Walter Clark | 有个叫沃尔特·克拉克的人 |
[35:22] | doesn’t want photopheresis to become the standard of care | 不希望光化学疗法成为治疗标准 |
[35:25] | because then he could lose money. | 因为那样他会亏钱 |
[35:29] | Where is Walter now? | 沃尔特在哪儿 |
[35:30] | I want to talk to him. | 我想跟他谈谈 |
[35:31] | It won’t make a difference. | 那也解决不了问题 |
[35:33] | The man is a killer. | 这家伙是个杀人犯 |
[35:35] | My son is gonna die. | 我儿子会送命的 |
[35:40] | Hold on, hold on. | 等等 |
[35:43] | You just gave me an idea. | 你刚刚给了我灵感 |
[35:45] | I did? | 是吗 |
[35:46] | Now, it’s a long shot, but… | 虽说机会不大 但是 |
[35:49] | Um, um, I’m sorry. Will you excuse me? | 抱歉 失陪一下 |
[35:51] | Well, yeah. Okay. | 好的 嗯 |
[35:57] | Teri, I need you to connect me to the D.A.’s office. | 泰丽 帮我接到地检办 |
[36:00] | Tell them it’s an emergency. | 就说有急事 |
[36:02] | Oh, I also need the hotel where Walter Clark is staying. | 再帮我接到沃尔特·克拉克住的酒店 |
[36:06] | Your honor, my client has taken down the offending photos. | 法官大人 我方委托人已将不雅照撤掉了 |
[36:10] | Good. So I assume we’re done here. | 很好 看来可以结案了 |
[36:13] | Not quite. We’re seeking damages. | 还没有 我们要寻求损伤赔偿 |
[36:16] | What? | 什么 |
[36:18] | My client was not enriched by the photos. | 我方委托人并未通过照片获益 |
[36:19] | There are no damages. | 因此并未造成伤害 |
[36:21] | With all due respect, that’s bullcrap. | 恕我冒昧 这纯属胡扯 |
[36:23] | Your client demanded $5,000 to take down the photos. | 你方委托人索要了五千美元才肯将照片撤掉 |
[36:27] | Whether he meant to do it or not, | 无论有意与否 |
[36:29] | he placed an implied value on the photos. | 他给照片标出了隐含价值 |
[36:31] | That $5,000 was at a settlement conference | 那五千美元是在和解会议上提出的要求 |
[36:35] | and, under the evidentiary code, cannot be admitted into court. | 并且受到证据法保护 不能作为法庭证据 |
[36:38] | That conference was concerning the claim | 那次和解会议是针对于 |
[36:40] | of intentional infliction of emotional distress, | 故意精神伤害这一诉求 |
[36:43] | not copyright infringement, so it is admissible. | 而非版权侵犯 所以可被采纳 |
[36:47] | Mr. Cummings, | 卡明斯先生 |
[36:49] | did your client offer to take down the photos for $5,000? | 你方委托人是否索要五千美元才肯将照片撤掉 |
[36:56] | Yes, he did, your honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[36:57] | Well, then…I’m awarding the plaintiff $5,000. | 既然如此 我判给原告五千美元赔偿金 |
[37:02] | And now we’re done. | 现在可以结案了 |
[37:05] | – Thank you. – Congratulations. | -谢谢 -恭喜 |
[37:07] | Thank you so much. | 太感谢你了 |
[37:11] | Oh, Mr. Clark, may I have a moment of your time? | 克拉克先生 能耽误你几分钟时间吗 |
[37:14] | I’m sure you recognize me from court. | 你在法庭上见过我 |
[37:16] | Of course, Ms. Bingum. | 当然 宾格温小姐 |
[37:17] | But I’m, uh I’m late for the airport. | 可是我要赶飞机 |
[37:19] | Oh, no, this won’t take long. | 我不会耽误你太久 |
[37:22] | – This is an arrest warrant. – That’s right. | -这是张逮捕证 -没错 |
[37:25] | It’s dated three days from now. | 上面的日期是三天后 |
[37:26] | I had a friend at the D.A.’s office prepare it. | 这是我让地检办的一位朋友准备的 |
[37:29] | Second degree murder charges against you | 以谋杀迈克尔·雅各布斯的 |
[37:31] | for the murder of Michael Jacobs. | 二级谋杀罪逮捕你 |
[37:34] | According to his doctors, he’ll be dead by then. | 他的医生说 三天后他就会死掉 |
[37:37] | This a joke? | 这是开玩笑吗 |
[37:39] | Penal Code 210.2. | 《刑法典》第210.2条 |
[37:42] | Depraved heart murder, callous disregard for human life. | 极端轻率谋杀罪 对人类生命无情漠视 |
[37:46] | When you acquired Hambridge stock, | 当你收购汉伯治的股份之后 |
[37:47] | your first order of business | 你的第一项工作 |
[37:49] | was to convince that board to make a bid for Whiting | 就是说服董事会收购怀廷制药 |
[37:51] | so that you could terminate the photopheresis trials. | 这样你就可以叫停光化学疗法试验 |
[37:54] | It was a smart business decision. | 这是个明智的业务决策 |
[37:56] | Look, you come after me, | 你想追究我的责任 |
[37:58] | you’re gonna have to get the D.A. to file charges | 你就要让地检办针对整个董事会 |
[38:00] | against the entire board. | 提出控告 |
[38:01] | Oh, see, the D.A. doesn’t see it that way, | 地检办并不这么认为 |
[38:04] | as it was your recommendation | 因为是你的建议 |
[38:05] | that callously disregarded the life of my client’s son. | 对我方委托人之子的生命造成了无情漠视 |
[38:09] | You see, Mr. Clark, the standard here is gross recklessness, | 克拉克先生 这个治疗标准十分轻率 |
[38:13] | and the D.A. believes that | 而地检办认为 |
[38:14] | the jury will find your behavior to be really, really gross. | 陪审团将为你的行为感到作呕 |
[38:22] | Anyway, have a good ride to the airport. | 总之 祝你顺利抵达机场 |
[38:24] | I’m sure we’ll see you back here in L.A. real soon. | 用不了多久我们还会在洛杉矶见面的 |
[38:32] | 20 minutes after I left Walter Clark, | 我跟克拉克见面二十分钟后 |
[38:34] | the hospital received a call from Hambridge’s attorney | 医院就收到了汉伯治的律师打来的电话 |
[38:36] | to restart Michael’s treatment. | 通知他们重新对迈克尔开始治疗 |
[38:38] | You saved the boy’s life. | 你救了那个小男孩的命 |
[38:40] | I guess I did. | 是啊 |
[38:43] | I mean, you’d think I would feel on top of the world, but… | 你可能以为我会欣喜若狂 但是 |
[38:46] | But you feel like crap for breaking Owen’s heart, | 但是你为伤了欧文的心而沮丧不已 |
[38:49] | and you’re not sure how you’re gonna move on? | 而且不知道接下来该怎么做 |
[38:51] | Yeah, because I love him, and he hates me. | 对 因为我爱他 但他却恨我 |
[38:54] | You have to give him time. | 你要给他时间消化 |
[38:56] | Imagine if the roles were reversed, | 设想一下如果你们角色互换 |
[38:58] | and you walked in on him kissing someone. | 你撞到他亲了其他姑娘呢 |
[39:02] | My god. I’m a horrible person. | 天啊 我真是个大烂人 |
[39:04] | Jane, there’s no excuse for what you did. | 简 你没有任何借口做出那种事 |
[39:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:08] | But you’re not a horrible person. | 但你不是个烂人 |
[39:11] | If Owen understood the circumstances, | 如果欧文了解当时的情况 |
[39:13] | I’m sure he would be a lot more sympathetic, | 他肯定会更同情你 |
[39:15] | or at least understanding. | 起码会理解你 |
[39:17] | It’s just gonna take time, and he will forgive you one day. | 这需要时间 他总有一天会原谅你的 |
[39:22] | I hope you’re right. | 希望是这样 |
[39:25] | Now, tell me about Grayson. | 现在跟我聊聊格雷森 |
[39:29] | Yeah, that was amazing. | 那种感觉妙不可言 |
[39:31] | And it was also a huge mistake. | 但同样是个天大的错误 |
[39:34] | You know, I had a life ahead of me with Owen, | 我和欧文即将共度余生 |
[39:36] | and it was a life I was excited about. | 而且那是我心驰神往的生活 |
[39:39] | When Owen and I got engaged, | 欧文跟我订婚的时候 |
[39:40] | I really thought I put away my feelings for Grayson. | 我以为自己真的能放下格雷森 |
[39:44] | You can’t just put feelings away. | 放下一个人谈何容易 |
[39:46] | It doesn’t work like that. | 这可由不得你 |
[39:47] | Yeah, ’cause when he kissed me, everything came rushing back. | 是啊 他吻我的一瞬间 回忆又汹涌而至 |
[39:54] | – Are you expecting somebody? – No. | -你约人了吗 -没有 |
[39:56] | I’m actually heading out. | 我正准备出门 |
[40:03] | Stacy, this is Paul, and he’s from up…north. | 史黛西 这是保罗 他从北方来 |
[40:07] | Ooh! Up north. I’ve always wanted to go there. | 北方啊 我一直都想去呢 |
[40:10] | Trust me one day, you will. | 你总有一天会去的 |
[40:12] | Got to go. | 我得走了 |
[40:13] | – Bye. – Byebye. | -再见 -拜拜 |
[40:14] | – Good to meet you. – You, too. | -很高兴见到你 -我也是 |
[40:17] | May I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[40:17] | – Do I have a choice? – Thanks. | -我还有别的选择吗 -谢谢 |
[40:21] | So, any luck finding old Jane? | 你找到原来的简了吗 |
[40:24] | Uh, not yet. | 还没呢 |
[40:26] | Then why are you here? | 那你过来干什么 |
[40:27] | Well, I’m supposed to be keeping an eye on you, so… | 我的任务是看着你 |
[40:29] | Okay. You’ve eyed me. | 好吧 你已经看到我了 |
[40:32] | I’m tired. I’ve had a long day. | 我累了 今天忙到死 |
[40:33] | You can go. | 你可以走了 |
[40:34] | Well, great. Thanks. | 太好了 谢谢 |
[40:35] | Yeah, I got a fashion shoot I have to get ready for, so… | 我要为一次时装摄影做准备 |
[40:38] | Wait, wait, wait. You have a fashion shoot? | 等等 你要拍时装照 |
[40:40] | Yeah. Crazy, right? | 是啊 很疯狂吧 |
[40:41] | See, I was at the mall, looking for old Jane, | 我当时在商场找原来的简 |
[40:43] | and, uh, I got approached by this photographer. | 这位摄影师跟我搭讪 |
[40:46] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[40:48] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[40:49] | David Mcallister wants to take your picture? | 戴维·麦卡里斯特想为你拍照 |
[40:51] | Yeah, for “L.A. Magazine.” You know, I’m totally psyched. | 对 要刊登在《洛城杂志》 我激动死了 |
[40:53] | Okay, it was my dream to be photographed | 让戴维·麦卡里斯特为我拍照 |
[40:56] | by David Mcallister. | 曾是我的梦想 |
[40:57] | Oh, well, cool. Well, he must be great, then. | 太好了 那说明他很厉害嘛 |
[40:59] | – Yeah. – Look, I got to go pump up before the shoot. | -当然 -我要在拍摄之前做好心理准备 |
[41:01] | It’s at the beach. | 拍摄地是在沙滩 |
[41:02] | But afterward, we’re having drinks with the fashion editor. | 但拍完之后 我们要跟时尚编辑一起喝酒 |
[41:04] | I have a question. | 我有个问题 |
[41:05] | I really like apple martinis. | 我很喜欢喝苹果马丁尼 |
[41:08] | Do you think I should order something more manly? | 你觉得我该点杯更爷们的酒吗 |
[41:10] | Don’t you think that you should be looking for old Jane? | 你不是应该找原来的简吗 |
[41:13] | Oh, she’ll turn up. | 她总会出现的 |
[41:14] | You worry a lot, don’t you? | 你总是瞎操心 |
[41:16] | Well, wish me luck. | 祝我好运吧 |
[41:17] | Uh, one more question. | 最后一个问题 |
[41:18] | Which look do you like better? One or two? | 你觉得我哪个表情更帅 第一种还是第二种 |
[41:21] | This is one. | 这是第一种 |
[41:24] | Two. | 第二种 |
[41:28] | Oh, my god. Will you please go? | 天啊 你赶紧走好吗 |
[41:29] | You’re the boss. | 你说了算 |
[41:39] | What now, Paul? | 又要干什么 保罗 |
[41:45] | I thought you were someone else. | 我还以为是别人 |
[41:47] | Can I help you? | 有什么可以帮你吗 |
[41:47] | Yes, you can. | 是的 |
[41:49] | It’s me the real jane. | 我是真正的简 |
[41:53] | And I want my life back. | 我要你把我的生活还给我 |