时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | See that aspiring model there? | 看见那个满怀抱负的模特没 |
[00:02] | That was me — Deb | 那就是我 黛比 |
[00:04] | until the day I died. | 直到我死的那天 |
[00:06] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, | 我以为我会直接上天堂 |
[00:07] | but there was a bit of a mix-up | 但是出了点小乱子 |
[00:09] | and I woke up in someone else’s body. | 结果我在别人的躯体中醒来 |
[00:11] | So now I’m Jane, | 所以现在我成了简 |
[00:13] | a super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一名拥有个人助理的超忙律师 |
[00:17] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 我有了新的生活 新的衣着 |
[00:19] | and the only people who really know what’s going on with me | 而唯一知道真相的人 |
[00:21] | are my girlfriend Stacy and my guardian angel, Fred. | 是我的闺蜜史黛西和我的守护天使弗雷德 |
[00:24] | I used to think everything happened for a reason… | 我一直觉得世间万事必有其因 |
[00:27] | …and, well, I sure hope I was right. | 好吧 我真希望我没想错 |
[00:45] | elysecff | 翻译 小熊嘟嘟 暖调 |
[00:48] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[00:51] | Fred, I want you to take Grayson out. | 弗雷德 我想请你带格雷森出去 |
[00:53] | As in kill him? | 拉出去斩了吗 |
[00:55] | As in a night out on the town. | 是到城外过一夜 |
[00:58] | I don’t think I’m his type. | 恐怕我不是他的菜 |
[01:00] | Look at the slump of his shoulders, the arch of his neck. | 看他那垂头耷脑的样子 |
[01:03] | He’s clearly down. | 他很沮丧 |
[01:05] | Well, it’s been a hard stretch. I mean, first Deb dies. | 他受的打击可不小 先是黛比死了 |
[01:08] | Then Vanessa leaves him. | 接着 瓦内萨又离他而去 |
[01:11] | It’s got to be lonely. | 一定很孤单 |
[01:12] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[01:13] | Which is why I want you, as my guardian angel, | 所以我希望你这个守护天使 |
[01:16] | to go out with him. | 能陪他出去散心 |
[01:18] | Maybe he needs someone to talk to. | 也许他需要个倾诉对象 |
[01:20] | – I… – Come on. It’ll be fun. | -我… -去吧 很有意思的 |
[01:23] | Plus, you know, it wouldn’t hurt you | 再说 学点男子气概 |
[01:25] | to learn how to be more of a guy. | 对你又没什么坏处 |
[01:26] | What? I know how to be a guy. | 什么啊 人家很man的 |
[01:29] | Can you change a tire? | 你会换车胎吗 |
[01:30] | Grill a steak? | 烤牛排呢 |
[01:32] | Grow a full beard? | 留络腮胡子 |
[01:32] | Okay, all right. Fine, you win. | 好吧好吧 败给你了 |
[01:36] | Man, now I got to go buy something nice to wear. | 那我得赶紧去置办点漂亮衣裳了 |
[01:44] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[01:48] | This reminds me of summer camp. | 这里跟夏令营似的 |
[01:51] | And I’m wearing the wrong shoes. | 我鞋子穿得也不合适 |
[01:53] | Why are we here? | 来这里做什么 |
[01:53] | Uh, custody case, as far as I can tell. | 据我所知 是监护权纠纷 |
[01:59] | Hi. Dr. Audrey Foley? | 你好 是奥德丽·芙蕾博士吗 |
[02:02] | I’m Jay Parker. | 我是杰·帕克 |
[02:03] | – This is my associate, Kim Kaswell. – Hello. | -这位是我同事 金·卡斯维 -你好 |
[02:06] | They want to take Louie. You can’t let them. | 他们想带走路易 你们一定要阻止他们 |
[02:10] | Oh, well, ma’am, the court has always recognized | 无须担心 女士 母子情深 非同一般 |
[02:12] | the special bond between mother and child, so — | 法院一向都予以理解 所以… |
[02:15] | Please, come in. Come in. | 请进吧 进来吧 |
[02:22] | So, there he is. | 他在这儿 |
[02:28] | – Louie is a flower? – He’s a plant. | – 路易是朵花吗 -是棵植物 |
[02:31] | A Rafflesia Arnoldii. Incredibly rare. | 是株霸王花 异常罕见 |
[02:37] | Isn’t he gorgeous? | 是不是很美啊 |
[02:48] | You’ve got a client waiting in your office. | 有位客户在办公室等你 |
[02:50] | Oh, no. There was nothing on my schedule. | 开玩笑 我日程根本没安排 |
[02:51] | The airhead showed up with a freak. | 来了一个疯儿一个傻 |
[02:54] | “Airhead”? | 谁”傻” |
[02:55] | Your BFF, Stacy. | 你死党 史黛西 |
[02:57] | Teri! “Freak”? | 泰丽你 那”疯儿”呢 |
[02:59] | Some prickly miss who told me to “fetch” her a cup of coffee | 一位刻薄大小姐 要我去端杯咖啡给她 |
[03:02] | – and then called me “sunshine.” – Ooh. | -还叫我”亲” -恶 |
[03:05] | I haven’t heard anyone called “sunshine” since — oh, no! | 除了那谁 我没听过别人叫”亲” 不 |
[03:07] | You look like you just ate a bug. | 你的表情欲哭无泪 |
[03:09] | Jane Bingum? Kristin Mulraney. | 简·宾格温 我是克里斯汀·穆拉妮 |
[03:12] | Your assistant said you’d be here at 9:30, | 你的助理说你九点半准时会到 |
[03:15] | I hope tardiness isn’t going to be a regular thing. | 希望只此一次 未成惯例 |
[03:20] | What’s going on? | 有什么事吗 |
[03:20] | Jane, miss Kristin was | 简 克里斯汀小姐曾是 |
[03:22] | my chapter president at Beta Delta Chi. | 我们BDC姐妹会的分会主席 |
[03:25] | She has a problem. | 她遇上点问题 |
[03:26] | Oh, I prefer to think of it as a challenge. | 与其说是问题 不如说是挑战 |
[03:28] | Your challenge, sunshine. | 是你的挑战哦 亲 |
[03:33] | Please. | 求你啦 |
[03:41] | That is one big plant. | 这植物块头真大 |
[03:44] | With the world’s largest flower. | 还有着世上最大的花朵 |
[03:48] | Oh, I know what you’re thinking — | 你肯定在想 |
[03:49] | “Crazy lady in love with a plant. | “疯女人上演植物畸恋 |
[03:50] | “Why can’t it be something normal, | 爱上点正常的东西不行吗 |
[03:51] | like a schnauzer or a ferret?” | 比如鬣狗雪貂什么的” |
[03:53] | It is unusual. | 确实不同寻常 |
[03:57] | I have a special connection with Louie, and it’s mutual. | 我和路易有种交互的特殊感应 |
[04:01] | I love him, | 我爱他 |
[04:04] | and you can tell he loves me by how big he’s grown. | 他能长得这么大 显然也爱上我了 |
[04:11] | Dr. Foley, who exactly wants your, uh… | 芙蕾博士 到底是谁想抢走你的… |
[04:16] | …Louie? | 路易 |
[04:16] | The L.A. Metropolitan Museum. | 洛城大都会博物馆 |
[04:19] | I was their chief botanist | 之前我是那里的首席植物学家 |
[04:20] | back when their star attraction was another Rafflesia — | 那时候他们的知名展品是另一朵霸王花 |
[04:22] | Louie the 14th. | 路易十四 |
[04:23] | I’m sensing a family connection. | 貌似有家族关系 |
[04:25] | Louie the 14th was a huge attraction. | 路易十四声名远播 |
[04:27] | Not nearly as stylish as my Louie… | 比起我家路易新潮不足 |
[04:29] | Of course. | 那是当然 |
[04:30] | …but incredibly virile. | 但雄健有余 |
[04:33] | So, while I was working there, | 在工作期间 |
[04:34] | I took ova and pollen, combined them into a seed, | 我采集了卵细胞和花粉 授精育种 |
[04:37] | placed them on my tetrastigma vine, | 植在我养的葡萄藤上 |
[04:40] | And, well, six years later there he is. | 六年过去 他长成大小伙子了 |
[04:46] | So now the museum is trying to claim your Louie is theirs. | 这么说 现在博物馆想将你的路易据为己有 |
[04:50] | Look, no one had a problem with us living together | 他们的植物健在时 |
[04:51] | when their plant was alive. | 没人反对我们同居 |
[04:53] | But when Louie the 14th is dead, they came after Louie the 15th. | 但路易十四死后 他们就对十五心生歹念 |
[04:57] | Dr. Foley, did anyone give you permission to take that | 芙蕾博士 您从博物馆采集花粉和卵细胞时 |
[04:59] | pollen and ova from the museum’s Louie? | 可曾获得批准 |
[05:00] | Yes, yes, yes — | 有的有的 |
[05:02] | The museum’s director, Dr. Geoffery Melvoin. | 时任博物馆长 格里弗利·梅欧文博士 |
[05:04] | Well, we’ll simply get him to testify and… | 那我们只需请他作证就能… |
[05:07] | He’s dead. | 他去世了 |
[05:07] | Oh. Okay. Do you have a written record of his consent? | 好吧 那您有没有他的书面批准 |
[05:11] | No. No. | 这个没有 |
[05:13] | Look — look, Louie has never lived anywhere except with me. | 路易和我住惯了 他没出过门 |
[05:17] | If they take him away… | 要是被他们带走了… |
[05:25] | please just say you’ll help. | 请一定要帮我啊 |
[05:29] | We’ll do everything we can. | 我们会全力以赴的 |
[05:34] | $50,000 gone in 24 hours. | 一夜之间痛失五万 |
[05:37] | Ms. Bingum, I’m a sorority house mother — | 宾格温小姐 我只是个姐妹会的女舍监 |
[05:39] | It’s all I have. | 这可是全部家当 |
[05:40] | I understand, | 我明白 |
[05:41] | But I’m not sure what you’re asking. | 但我不知道能帮到您什么 |
[05:44] | You lost money at a casino. | 您的钱是在赌场输掉的 |
[05:47] | It happens. | 常有的事 |
[05:47] | No, not to me. I never gamble. | 对我可不寻常 我从不赌博 |
[05:50] | It’s not in my nature. | 那并非我的本性 |
[05:51] | Right, but you did go to a casino and gamble. | 好吧 但你确实进赌场赌了啊 |
[05:56] | The point, Ms. Bingum, | 宾格温小姐 重点在于 |
[05:57] | is I never would have been in the Desert Sands | 要不是这张明信片登出免费一日水疗广告 |
[05:59] | if not for this postcard offering a free spa day. | 我根本不会去沙漠之沙旅馆 |
[06:02] | Ah. “seaweed scrub.” | “海藻祛角质” |
[06:04] | Hoax — everyone knows seaweed is smooth. | 骗人 海藻是光滑的 这是常识 |
[06:07] | Then, once I was in there, | 我去了之后 |
[06:09] | the casino tricked me into gambling all of my money away. | 赌场骗我输得倾家荡产 |
[06:12] | So, you were lured to the casino with the promise of seaweed… | 所以 你是被海藻引诱进赌场的 |
[06:18] | I’m sorry. How did they “trick you”? | 抱歉 他们是怎么”骗你”的 |
[06:20] | Oh, it’s all right here. | 都写在这里面了 |
[06:24] | “The environment of intoxication”? | “沉醉的环境” |
[06:26] | It’s my term, but the research is sound. | 这虽是我的个人说法 但这研究还是有凭有据的 |
[06:29] | You see, casinos use deceptive techniques | 赌场运用了一些迷惑人的技术 |
[06:31] | to get you to keep gambling. | 让你赌得不可自拔 |
[06:34] | Lights on the slot machines | 老虎机上的灯光 |
[06:35] | trigger your brain’s pleasure centers | 触发你的快感中枢 |
[06:37] | into thinking you’re winning when you’re losing. | 给你造成赢钱的错觉 |
[06:40] | Chimes lull you into complacency. | 钟乐让你陷入自满 |
[06:42] | Oxygenated air keeps you feeling reassured. | 充氧的空气使你感到心安 |
[06:45] | Colors keep you awake, | 鲜艳的色彩让你保持清醒 |
[06:46] | plus all the easy credit and the — and the free liquor… | 加上宽松的信贷 还有免费的烈酒 |
[06:50] | I was so out of it that I fell down | 我醉得一塌糊涂 结果摔倒了 |
[06:52] | and had to be taken to a hospital. | 还被送进了医院 |
[06:55] | I mean, if not for that, I might have lost even more money. | 要不是这样 我还会输掉更多 |
[06:58] | I’m sorry, I just don’t see a valid cause of action. | 抱歉 我还是找不出正当的诉由 |
[07:00] | Okay, um, maybe you weren’t paying attention. | 好吧 可能你还没有注意到 |
[07:02] | Let’s just go over the book one more time. | 我们再仔细看一遍这本书 |
[07:04] | Oh, I got it. | 我看明白了 |
[07:06] | Actually, would you just excuse us for a second? | 能让我和她单独谈会儿吗 |
[07:09] | Stacy. Outside. | 史黛西 出来 |
[07:11] | Now. | 马上 |
[07:19] | What? | 怎么啦 |
[07:20] | You know I hate that woman. | 你知道我恨那个女的 |
[07:23] | She made my sorority life a living hell. | 我在姐妹会的日子被她整得像是炼狱 |
[07:25] | But it’s been years. | 但已经过去好多年了 |
[07:26] | Look, I know back in college, she was a little Nanny McPhee– | 我知道大学时她有点像保姆麦克菲 |
[07:29] | Really? More like Cruella De Vil. | 是吗 更像恶魔克鲁拉吧 |
[07:31] | She accused me of not paying attention at Chi smile hour. | 她批评我在微笑练习时注意力不集中 |
[07:35] | She picked on me for my posture at Beta Fest. | 她对我在贝塔节上的姿势指手划脚 |
[07:37] | And let’s not forget the Gaultier Toga party | 别忘了在高提耶长袍派对上 |
[07:40] | where she blamed me for setting fire to the house. | 她还指责我放火烧了房子 |
[07:44] | Well, you did rent the torches and leave them by the drapes. | 你确实租来了火把 还放在了窗帘边上 |
[07:47] | Not relevant. | 和这没关系 |
[07:49] | Sweetie, there’s something else. | 亲爱的 还有件事 |
[07:53] | She confiscated my sorority pin. | 她没收了我的姐妹会徽章 |
[07:56] | You never told me that. | 你从没告诉过我 |
[07:58] | Because it’s the worst thing that can happen to a sister. | 因为那对一个姐妹来说是最大的耻辱 |
[08:01] | I was ashamed. | 我羞于启齿 |
[08:03] | I am so sorry. | 真对不起 |
[08:07] | Still, she’s been so nice to me. | 但是 她曾对我非常好 |
[08:09] | And ever since we got back in touch on Facebook, | 我们在Facebook联系上后 |
[08:11] | I’ve gotten this feeling that she’s sad. | 我觉得她很不幸 |
[08:14] | I mean, she still lives in that sorority. | 我是说 她还住在那个姐妹会宿舍 |
[08:16] | You know the studio above the garage? | 你知道车库上面的那间工作室吗 |
[08:19] | Ew, the one with the Laura Ashley wallpaper | 就是那个贴着罗兰爱思墙纸 |
[08:21] | and lime-green appliances? | 摆着柠檬绿电器的工作室吗 |
[08:22] | Yes! | 是的 |
[08:24] | And now that casino is taking advantage of her? | 现在赌场在占她的便宜 |
[08:26] | It is not right. | 天理不容 |
[08:27] | Well, the “environment of intoxication” argument — | “沉醉的环境”之说 |
[08:30] | it’s not gonna work in court. | 在法庭上是站不住脚的 |
[08:31] | Well, with your brain, I am sure you can think of something. | 你这么聪明 肯定能想出办法来的 |
[08:36] | Fine, Stacy, but be clear — it is not for her. | 好吧 史黛西 但要明白 我不是为了她 |
[08:39] | – No. – It’s for you. | -不 -是为了你 |
[08:43] | And Beta Delta Chi. | 还有BDC姐妹会 |
[08:46] | “A Beta Delta Chi is loyal and true…” | “BDC的姐妹忠诚又真实…” |
[08:49] | Stacy. | 史黛西 |
[08:54] | “…sisters forever to see you through.” | “姐妹们永远伴你渡过难关” |
[09:09] | Your honor, she gambled. She lost. | 法官大人 她去赌博 输了钱 |
[09:12] | End of story. | 仅此而已 |
[09:13] | A preliminary in rem hearing for debt amelioration | 申请进行债务完善的对物诉讼预审 |
[09:17] | is a pretty big ask. | 可是个不小的诉求 |
[09:18] | Maybe so, but in this case, it is necessary. | 也许吧 但在这个案子中是必要的 |
[09:22] | We cite dram shop liability. | 我们引用酒店责任法 |
[09:22] | 若醉酒者造成第三方伤亡 则酒店酒保或老板负有连带责任 | |
[09:24] | Really? That old chestnut? | 是吗 又是那套陈词滥调 |
[09:27] | The casino let my client get drunk and gamble. | 赌场使我的委托人喝醉并赌博 |
[09:30] | In fact, they encouraged her to drink excessively. | 实际上 他们鼓励她过度饮酒 |
[09:33] | Theretofore, under that “old chestnut,” | 至此 根据那个”陈词滥调”的法规 |
[09:37] | they are responsible for her losses. | 他们应当为她的损失承担责任 |
[09:40] | I’ll hear you out, counselor, | 我会听完你的陈述 律师 |
[09:41] | but I make no promise of a full trial. | 但不能保证进行全面审讯 |
[09:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[09:45] | Here is a security video | 这是从沙漠之泉赌场 |
[09:47] | subpoenaed from the Desert Springs Casino. | 传讯的监控录像 |
[09:51] | As you can see, | 我们可以看到 |
[09:51] | it shows my client getting up from the slot machine | 我的委托人从老虎机旁站起来 |
[09:54] | with a drink in her hand. | 手里还拿着酒杯 |
[10:00] | And she falls down. | 然后她醉倒了 |
[10:02] | The casino took Ms. Mulraney to the hospital | 赌场将穆拉妮小姐送入了医院 |
[10:04] | to treat a gash on her head. | 来处理她头上的伤口 |
[10:06] | But the point is, your honor, | 但是法官大人 问题在于 |
[10:08] | she should have been cut off well before this. | 早在此之前 赌场就应停止向她供酒 |
[10:12] | We’d like to call a medical expert | 我们想传唤一位医学专家 |
[10:13] | to testify to Ms. Mulraney’s level of intoxication. | 来证明穆拉妮小姐的醉酒程度 |
[10:21] | Dr. Preminger, | 普雷明格医生 |
[10:22] | you’re medical consultant to the Desert Springs Casino. | 你是沙漠之泉赌场的医学顾问吗 |
[10:25] | – That’s right. – One question — | -没错 -问一个问题 |
[10:27] | was Ms. Mulraney drunk while gambling? | 穆拉妮小姐赌博时是否醉了 |
[10:29] | Objection. | 反对 |
[10:30] | How in the world would that doctor | 那位医生怎么会了解 |
[10:32] | know anything about my client? | 我委托人的情况呢 |
[10:34] | Why don’t we let the doctor answer that? | 我们能听听医生怎么回答吗 |
[10:36] | Let’s hear it. | 请回答 |
[10:38] | The, uh, hospital took a blood panel. | 医院的血检报告显示 |
[10:40] | Blood-alcohol level was 0.4%, | 血液酒精含量为0.4% |
[10:43] | which is well below the state’s legal limit. | 远低于国家法定含量 |
[10:47] | Nothing further. | 讯问完毕 |
[10:54] | Doctor, state criteria aside, | 医生 撇开国家标准 |
[10:57] | could a 0.4 blood-alcohol level | 0.4的血液酒精含量 |
[11:00] | impair my client’s ability to think clearly? | 会导致我的委托人无法正常思考吗 |
[11:04] | I wouldn’t think so, no. | 我认为不会 |
[11:07] | No? | 不会 |
[11:09] | No. | 不会 |
[11:18] | What if the alcohol was just part of the equation? | 如果酒精只是因素之一呢 |
[11:22] | I don’t follow. | 我不明白 |
[11:23] | Sights, sounds, oxygenated air. | 灯光 音效 充氧空气 |
[11:28] | Could all of these elements, | 所有这些元素 |
[11:30] | combined with the alcohol in my client’s system, | 加上我的委托人体内的酒精 |
[11:34] | create an “environment of intoxication?” | 能不能构成一个”沉醉环境”呢 |
[11:45] | It isn’t a medically-recognized condition. | 这不属于医学上认可的情况 |
[11:48] | Well, neither was post-traumatic stress disorder before 1980, | 1980年前的创伤后压力症候群 |
[11:51] | Asperger’s before 1994, | 1994年前的阿斯伯格综合症 |
[11:53] | or SARS before 2003. | 以及2003年前的非典也都不属于 |
[11:56] | Isn’t that right? | 对吗 |
[11:58] | I guess so. | 是的 |
[11:59] | This casino created an environment of intoxication, | 这个赌场创造了一种沉醉的环境 |
[12:03] | which, by definition, is a predatory practice | 从定义上看 这是一种压榨的行径 |
[12:06] | and theretofore is illegal. | 因此是非法的 |
[12:11] | She’s slandering the entire gaming industry. | 她在诽谤整个赌博业 |
[12:15] | Theretofore, we ask that you dismiss this nonsense. | 据此 我们请求驳回这扯淡的控诉 |
[12:20] | Given the facts limited to this case, | 考虑到此案的特殊性 |
[12:23] | I’m allowing the trial to proceed. | 我宣布审讯可以继续 |
[12:27] | Parker, the woman’s a whack job. | 帕克 那女人疯了 |
[12:29] | She’s in love with her plant. | 她爱上了一盆植物 |
[12:31] | Psychologists refer to Dr. Foley’s condition | 心理学家把芙蕾博士这种情况 |
[12:33] | as “object sexuality.” | 称为”物体性性取向” |
[12:35] | A few years back, a world-champion archer | 几年前 有个射箭世界冠军 |
[12:37] | married the Eiffel Tower. | 和埃菲尔铁塔结了婚 |
[12:38] | Okay, that won’t help us win the case. | 那对我们的案子没有帮助 |
[12:40] | True. Which is why we won’t be arguing O.S. in court. | 对 所以我们不会在法庭上提及 |
[12:44] | I’m having Teri pull the minutes from every board meeting | 我已经让泰丽去调查那位过世博物馆长 |
[12:47] | that our client’s dead museum director attended. | 参加过的所有董事会议的记录 |
[12:49] | If he gave Audrey permission to take parts | 如果他曾允许奥德丽取走 |
[12:51] | from their Louie the 14th, | 路易十四的精子和卵细胞的话 |
[12:52] | there should be a mention on record. | 应该会有记录在案 |
[12:54] | And if there’s not? | 假如没有呢 |
[12:56] | We’ll burn that bridge when we get to it. | 放心 车到山前自有路 |
[12:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:04] | The Graysonator! | 格雷森波发生器 |
[13:09] | What’s up, man? | 最近怎么样 老兄 |
[13:10] | What was that? | 你刚才叫我什么 |
[13:11] | A…nickname? | 我给你取的外号 |
[13:14] | No. | 谢了 |
[13:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:17] | Uh, hey, so, hittin’ the bar after work for the game, | 那咱们下班后去酒吧看比赛吧 |
[13:23] | if you want to join. | 如果你乐意的话 |
[13:24] | Sure. What game? | 当然 什么比赛 |
[13:26] | The…big one. | 当然是重要的比赛 |
[13:28] | Dodgers/Giants? | 道奇队对巨人队 |
[13:30] | Right. Yes. Of course. | 回答正确 当然是了 |
[13:32] | That is the big one, right? | 那是场重要的比赛 对吗 |
[13:34] | I thought they didn’t play till tomorrow. | 我记得他们明天才开打 |
[13:37] | Yeah. Well, yeah — no. | 是的 不 |
[13:38] | This is the “big one” before that “big one.” | 这是在那之前的又一场重要比赛 |
[13:45] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[13:46] | – See you there. – Okay. | -酒吧见 -好的 |
[13:57] | Well, it is a good thing I brought my binder to court. | 带着我的活页簿出庭真是太英明了 |
[14:00] | I know. | 我就知道 |
[14:00] | Did you see the look on that lawyer’s face when we won? | 你们看到我们胜诉时对方律师的表情了吗 |
[14:03] | Oh, ladies, no. We did not win. | 女士们 我们还没胜诉呢 |
[14:05] | The argument just got us past the in rem hearing. | 刚才我们不过是通过了对物诉讼阶段 |
[14:07] | We have to do the actual court case. | 我们还要准备正式的庭审 |
[14:09] | Oh, well, at the sorority house, we have a saying — | 姐妹会中有这样一句话 |
[14:12] | “A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step — | “千里之行 始于足下 |
[14:15] | Preferably in comfortable flats.” | 最好是在舒适的公寓里” |
[14:17] | Okay. Well, first we need to know which direction to walk, | 好吧 首先我们得知道朝哪个方向走 |
[14:19] | and that means research. | 这就需要研究 |
[14:20] | Oh! Great. That’s my speciality. | 太棒了 研究是我的专长 |
[14:22] | I research all the pledges before rush. | 我总是研究过所有细节之后再行动 |
[14:25] | It’s how I found out Britney Stein | 我就是这样发现布兰妮·斯坦 |
[14:26] | had a brow lift. | 做了抬眉手术的 |
[14:27] | Well, legal research is my job. | 法律研究是我的工作 |
[14:31] | I mean, you know, | 我是说 |
[14:32] | you’ve already done such great work on that binder. | 你做的那个活页簿简直太棒了 |
[14:34] | I mean, my god. | 让人叫绝 |
[14:36] | Okay, Kristin, you and I are going for Chai Lattes. | 克里斯汀 我们去喝点印度茶拿铁 |
[14:39] | Jane, call us if you need us. | 简 有需要的话给我们电话 |
[14:42] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:44] | I hate you. | 讨厌你 |
[14:47] | Dr. Foley, last christmas you invited | 芙蕾博士 上个圣诞节 |
[14:49] | your museum colleagues to your home for a party. | 你邀请了馆里的同事到你家开派对 |
[14:52] | Did anyone ask you to return Louie | 有人要求你归还路易 |
[14:55] | or call the police to report a plant-napping? | 或是报警说你绑架植物吗 |
[14:58] | No. | 没有 |
[14:59] | We contend the museum’s knowledge of the plant | 我们认为博物馆对路易的态度 |
[15:01] | amounts to de facto consent. | 等同于事实上的认可 |
[15:04] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[15:05] | Rafflesia have irregular blooming cycles. | 霸王花的花期是无规律的 |
[15:08] | Do you have proof that, on the night of your party, | 你是否有证据证明 在派对的当夜 |
[15:11] | your plant was in full bloom? | 你的霸王花是盛开的 |
[15:13] | No. | 没有 |
[15:14] | Then it’s possible your guests may not have seen the flower. | 那么有可能你的客人们并没有看到花朵 |
[15:17] | And, therefore, may not have even noticed the plant. | 因而根本没有注意到它 |
[15:20] | It’s possible, but the plant is enormous. | 有这个可能 但它的植株大得很 |
[15:22] | Your honor, what my adversary refers to as “de facto consent” | 法官大人 对方讲的”事实上的认可” |
[15:26] | is nothing more than speculation. | 只是个推测罢了 |
[15:28] | We ask for a directed verdict, | 我们要求法庭作出直接裁决 |
[15:30] | giving the plant to the museum. | 把霸王花归还给博物馆 |
[15:31] | I’m inclined to agree. | 我认同你的意见 |
[15:33] | Unless you have additional evidence, Mr. Parker? | 除非你有补证 帕克先生 |
[15:36] | A-a moment, your honor? | 稍等一下 法官大人 |
[15:41] | I checked the board minutes under Dr. Melvoin. | 我查过了梅欧文博士的会议记录 |
[15:43] | No mention of Audrey’s plant. | 没提过奥德丽的植物 |
[15:45] | Just lots of boring bylaws, | 只有一些枯燥的章程 |
[15:46] | E.P.A. Regulations — | 环境保护局的规章 |
[15:47] | Wait. Hold on. You may have given me an idea. | 等一下 你给了我启发 |
[15:50] | Do you mind if I run with this? | 能让我接手这个案子吗 |
[15:52] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[15:54] | Dr. Foley, can you tell us how the E.P.A. | 芙蕾博士 环境保护局 |
[15:56] | regards Louie the 15th, as a rare Rafflesia Arnoldii? | 将路易十五列为了稀有霸王花品种 是吗 |
[16:00] | Yes. As an endangered species. | 是的 它被列为了频危物种 |
[16:02] | Are you aware that the Endangered Species Act mandates | 你知不知道频危物种法规定 |
[16:05] | an obligation to ensure that your plant is both free from harm | 你有义务确保你的植物免受伤害 |
[16:09] | and receiving the best care possible? | 并得到最好的照顾 |
[16:11] | Yes, of course. | 知道 当然知道 |
[16:11] | Your honor, we move to amend our claim | 法官大人 我们将诉讼请求改为 |
[16:13] | to mandate an evaluation of both parties’ ability | 通过法定评估来考察双方 |
[16:16] | to satisfy these requirements. | 满足这些要求的能力 |
[16:18] | You’ve got to be joking. | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[16:21] | Oh, I never joke when it comes to federal regulations. | 在牵涉到联邦法规时 我从不玩笑 |
[16:24] | I will hear arguments in my chambers tomorrow. | 明天我会在办公室里听审 |
[16:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:29] | But go light on the fertilizer. | 不过要少施点化肥 |
[16:38] | Jane, the hospital finally sent over kristin’s blood panel. | 简 医院终于把克里斯汀的血液化验单寄来了 |
[16:41] | Great, thank you. Let’s see. | 太好了 谢谢你 让我们看看 |
[16:44] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[16:45] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[16:46] | Trace amounts of amphetamine? | 检测到安非他明[兴奋剂] |
[16:49] | It’s what happens when your body breaks down crystal meth. | 身体在分解冰毒时才会产生这种物质 |
[16:53] | Oh, this is so not good for our case. | 这对我们的案件太不利了 |
[16:55] | Jane? | 简 |
[16:56] | Oh, Stacy, you’re not gonna believe this. | 史黛西 这太不可思议了 |
[16:57] | Me first. Kristin just called. | 我先说 克里斯汀刚刚打电话了 |
[17:00] | She’s back at the Desert Springs Casino. | 她又去沙漠之泉赌场了 |
[17:02] | What?! I thought you two went for Chai Lattes! | 什么 我以为你们喝印度茶拿铁去了 |
[17:05] | We did. And then I dropped her off at the sorority. | 我们去了 之后我把她送到了姐妹会宿舍 |
[17:07] | Two hours later, I got the call. | 两小时后 我就接到了电话 |
[17:09] | Why would she go back there? | 她为什么要回去 |
[17:10] | I have no idea, but she sounded completely out of it. | 不知道 可她听起来完全失控了 |
[17:13] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[17:14] | Oh, oh, what did you want to tell me? | 你刚才想跟我说什么 |
[17:16] | Oh. I think little Miss Sunshine is a speed freak. | 我觉得你那位亲有毒瘾 |
[17:29] | I don’t know what happened. | 我不知道发生了什么 |
[17:31] | I got in my car to run an errand. | 我开车去办点事 |
[17:33] | And the next thing I knew, I was here. | 然后一眨眼 我就到这里了 |
[17:37] | Kristin, we’re worried about you. | 克里斯汀 我们真替你担心 |
[17:40] | We think that maybe — just perhaps — | 我们觉得可能 只是可能 |
[17:43] | Spit it out, sunshine. | 有话直说 亲 |
[17:45] | We think that there’s crank in your shaft. | 我们认为你没跟我们讲实话 |
[17:47] | – Excuse me? – She means drugs. | -什么 -她指的是毒品 |
[17:49] | Specifically, meth. | 说具体点 就是冰毒 |
[17:51] | I have never touched drugs! | 我从没沾染过毒品 |
[17:53] | “A Beta Delta Chi may never get high.” | “BDC的姐妹绝不能嗑药” |
[17:56] | Then how do you explain amphetamine in your system? | 那你怎么解释你体内的苯丙胺 |
[17:59] | Well, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:02] | Maybe… | 或许 |
[18:04] | Do you think it could be from medication? | 会不会是药物里的成分 |
[18:06] | What medication? | 什么药 |
[18:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:09] | Look, I haven’t said anything, | 听着 我没提起过 |
[18:12] | But I have Parkinson’s. | 我有帕金森症 |
[18:14] | I was diagnosed a couple of years ago. | 几年前被诊断出得了这病 |
[18:17] | Oh, my god. Oh, my god. | 天呐 天呐 |
[18:19] | Parkinson’s medication and meth have similar components, | 治疗帕金森症的药物和冰毒成分相似 |
[18:22] | So it’s possible that the medication | 所以有可能 |
[18:24] | broke down into amphetamine, | 药物分解成了苯丙胺 |
[18:27] | which is why I thought you were on meth. | 所以我才误以为你在嗑药 |
[18:30] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[18:31] | Well, why didn’t you tell us? | 为什么要瞒着我们 |
[18:33] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:35] | All my life, I’ve been kind of a control freak. | 我一直是个控制狂 |
[18:38] | And now I don’t even know my own body. | 而现在我连自己的身体都不了解 |
[18:42] | I’m sure that just sounds crazy to you. | 我知道你们很难理解 |
[18:44] | Ms. Mulraney! | 穆拉妮夫人 |
[18:47] | I’m glad to see you’re doing all right. | 很高兴看见你没事 |
[18:50] | I’m Brian. | 我叫布莱恩 |
[18:51] | I helped you up when you fell the other day. | 前几天你摔倒的时候是我扶你起来的 |
[18:53] | You said with my complexion, | 你当时还说 |
[18:54] | white shirts wash me out. | 白衬衫不衬我的肤色 |
[18:56] | You suggested purple. | 你建议我穿紫色 |
[18:57] | Brian, that’s right. And you look great, sunshine. | 布莱恩 没错 你今天精神焕发 亲 |
[19:00] | Thanks. I’ll see you around. Enjoy. | 谢了 回头见 好好玩 |
[19:03] | Okay. | 好 |
[19:05] | That’s odd. I have no memory of that man. | 奇怪 我对那人一点印象都没有 |
[19:08] | Of course, ever since I started the medication, | 当然 自从我开始服药 |
[19:10] | It happens when I don’t get enough rest, but… | 休息不足时会健忘 可… |
[19:12] | Kristin, the security video that Desert Springs sent us, | 克里斯汀 沙漠之泉寄给我们的监控录像上 |
[19:16] | you were helped up by a woman. | 扶你起来的是个女人 |
[19:18] | Then what fall was he talking about? | 那他说的是我哪次摔倒 |
[19:21] | I-I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[19:27] | But someone does. | 可有人知道 |
[19:34] | Parker, this is not looking good. | 帕克 这可不妙 |
[19:35] | E.P.A. Precedents favor institutional custodians. | 环境保护局更倾向于由机构来担任监管人 |
[19:38] | Have you read City of Rolling Meadows V. Kyle? | 你看过旋转牧场之城状告凯尔一案吗 |
[19:40] | – That’s an exception. – So we’ll be another exception. | -那是特例 -那我们也做一次特例 |
[19:43] | How do we distinguish ourselves? | 那我们怎么自我定义 |
[19:48] | With love. | 以爱之名 |
[19:50] | I admit, | 我承认 |
[19:51] | I think it’s weird to be in love with an object. | 和一样物品相爱的确很怪 |
[19:57] | But there’s an upside — | 可也有好处 |
[20:00] | The plant will never leave you. | 植株永远不会离开你 |
[20:04] | That’s true. | 那倒没错 |
[20:06] | And a plant would never cheat on you. | 而且植株绝不会背叛你 |
[20:10] | And a plant would never doubt you | 而且你说那只是个无心之吻的时候 |
[20:12] | when you said it was just a kiss. | 植株绝不会猜疑 |
[20:16] | Or continue hitting on you when you’ve asked it to stop. | 也不会在你叫停时继续骚扰你 |
[20:21] | Or refuse to accept | 也不会不愿承认 |
[20:24] | that you’re perfect together. | 我们是天生一对 |
[20:27] | But we’re just talking about a plant. | 可我们只是在谈论一棵植株 |
[20:30] | And if we expect to win this case, | 而且如果我们期望打赢这场官司 |
[20:32] | we need to come up with something more tangible than love. | 就得想出点比爱更切实的东西 |
[20:36] | I need coffee. | 我得喝杯咖啡 |
[20:49] | So, I think I got my game nights confused. | 我搞混了比赛之夜 |
[20:53] | That’s all right. | 没关系 |
[20:54] | – I should probably get home anyway. – No! | -正好我该回家了 -别 |
[20:56] | I mean, you should totally give ping pong a chance. | 你该看看乒乓球比赛 |
[20:59] | It’s a sport that’s completely uncorrupted by money… | 这项运动完全不涉及金钱交易 |
[21:03] | And s-strength. | 也不用费力 |
[21:06] | So it at least gives us chance to talk. | 所以至少这给了我们一次聊天的机会 |
[21:10] | Yeah, sure. | 当然 |
[21:11] | Uh, is there anything that you want to talk a-about? | 你有什么要和我聊的吗 |
[21:15] | Not really. You? | 没什么事 你呢 |
[21:20] | You ever changed a tire? | 你换过轮胎吗 |
[21:22] | Another round? | 再来一杯吗 |
[21:24] | Yeah, I guess so. | 好吧 |
[21:29] | Cassie, I always meant to ask — why a butterfly? | 卡茜 我总想问你 为什么要纹蝴蝶 |
[21:32] | Well, it used to be a caterpillar. | 它以前是毛毛虫 |
[21:34] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[21:36] | So you know the… Cassie? | 你认识那个卡茜吗 |
[21:39] | Well, kind of. I mean, she was friends with Deb. | 算是吧 她是黛比的朋友 |
[21:51] | Okay, there you are. | 好 这是你 |
[21:54] | And there’s Brian. | 那是布莱恩 |
[21:58] | Oh, my god! | 天呐 |
[21:59] | And there’s another employee | 那是另一个赌场员工 |
[22:00] | bringing you back to another slot machine. | 把你带回了另一台老虎机 |
[22:02] | Probably why they didn’t send this footage over | 他们为什么不先把这卷录像带 |
[22:05] | in the first place. | 寄给我们 |
[22:06] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[22:08] | It’s a — it’s a credit-card machine. | 信用卡机 |
[22:10] | Oh, they’re using it to help you get a credit extension, | 他们用那台机器帮你进行了超额信贷 |
[22:13] | which is clearly wrong. | 那显然是不对的 |
[22:15] | I mean, it’s legal for a casino to offer credit extension, | 对于赌场来说 向客户提供超贷是合法的 |
[22:18] | but they waited until you seemed completely out of it | 可他们一直等到你完全失去理智 |
[22:21] | and then swooped in with a credit-card reader. | 才奉上刷卡机 |
[22:24] | – Oh. Uh, give me a minute. – Yeah. | -稍等 -好 |
[22:28] | Hi. Tell me everything. How’s Grayson? | 你好 统统告诉我 格雷森怎么样 |
[22:30] | Is he sharing his feelings with you? | 他在和你谈心吗 |
[22:31] | Well, how should I put this? | 我该怎么说呢 |
[22:33] | Oh, god. He’s not doing well. | 天呐 他状态不好 |
[22:36] | I knew it. Is he talking at all? | 我就知道 他开口了吗 |
[22:39] | Not so much talking as… | 也算不上聊天 |
[22:43] | …hitting on a waitress. | 他只在和女招待打情骂俏 |
[22:45] | A waitress? | 女招待 |
[22:47] | Which one? | 哪个 |
[22:48] | Uh, Cassie. She has a very interesting tattoo. | 卡茜 她身上有个很有意思的纹身 |
[22:51] | Cassie with the tramp stamp?! | 那个有着荡妇纹身的卡茜 |
[22:53] | Oh, my God. Oh, my God. | 天呐 天呐 |
[22:55] | This is awful. | 坏事了 |
[22:56] | He’s having a great time. That’s what you wanted, right? | 他很快活 这不正是你希望的吗 |
[22:59] | A nice time with you is what I wanted, Fred. | 弗雷德 我希望他和你在一起快活 |
[23:04] | Okay, all right, listen to me — | 好吧 听我说 |
[23:07] | This girl is — is not what Grayson needs, | 格雷森不应该和那女孩在一起 |
[23:09] | So stop him before he does something he regrets. | 所以你得赶在他后悔前阻止他 |
[23:11] | Okay. Got it. | 好吧 知道了 |
[23:14] | Fred, hey. | 弗雷德 |
[23:15] | Cassie’s shift just ended, | 卡茜正好下班 |
[23:16] | and she invited me to an after-hours club, so… | 她请我去夜店 所以… |
[23:18] | Oh. Cool. So you and me, we’re — we’re going clubbing! | 好棒 那就你和我去夜店快活快活 |
[23:23] | Fist bump. | 顶个拳 |
[23:24] | Fred, you’ve been a great wingman. | 弗雷德 你是个很棒的泡妞搭档 |
[23:26] | I’ll see you tomorrow. Cool? | 明天见 行吗 |
[23:28] | – Cool. – All right. | -行 -好 |
[23:43] | Your honor, in short, the mission of the museum | 法官大人 简而言之 博物馆的任务 |
[23:46] | is not just to be the best custodian possible | 不只是对霸王花这样的植株 |
[23:48] | for plants like Rafflesia, | 提供最佳的监管 |
[23:50] | but to share them with the public. | 还会将其与公众分享 |
[23:53] | It’s why my client should be granted possession of the plant. | 所以我的委托人有权拥有这株植物 |
[23:56] | One’s ability to take care of something | 一个人的养护本领 |
[23:58] | is predicated upon one’s ability to keep it alive. | 可以从他的育活水平看出来 |
[24:02] | Their Rafflesia is dead. | 他们的霸王花被养死了 |
[24:04] | – That plant died of natural causes. – Really? | -那是自然凋亡 -当真 |
[24:06] | The museum hired our client | 博物馆曾请我的委托人 |
[24:08] | to autopsy Louie the 14th. | 对路易十四的死因进行检验 |
[24:10] | Dr. Foley, what were your findings? | 芙蕾博士 你当时检验的结果是 |
[24:11] | Louie the 14th died of possible neglect. | 路易十四或是因疏于照料而死 |
[24:14] | – Excuse me? – That’s right. | -你说什么 -本来就是 |
[24:15] | And I won’t let you neglect Louie the 15th. | 我可不会让你们糟蹋路易十五 |
[24:17] | Dr. Foley, no question you’re a fine botanist, | 芙蕾博士 你确实是位出色的植物学家 |
[24:19] | but the average life span of a Rafflesia is over 40 years. | 可是霸王花的平均寿命超过40年 |
[24:23] | What happens when you pass away? | 你要是先走一步 它怎么办 |
[24:25] | In the event that Louie the 15th outlives Dr. Foley. | 如果路易十五比芙蕾博士寿命长久 |
[24:27] | She’s created a living trust | 她可以进行生前托付 |
[24:29] | which will provide for his care, | 对其照料事宜予以安排 |
[24:31] | just as you’d do for a loved one. | 就像把所爱之人托付别人照顾一样 |
[24:32] | Your argument is that she should get the plant | 你方的观点是 她爱这花 |
[24:34] | because she loves it? | 所以花就应该归她 |
[24:37] | Can you think of a better reason? | 你能找个好点儿的理由吗 |
[24:40] | I mean, your honor, | 法官大人 |
[24:41] | it’s obvious Dr. Foley loves this plant | 很明显芙蕾博士对这株植物的关爱 |
[24:44] | more than many people love anything or anyone. | 超越任何人的感情 |
[24:48] | While the museum neglect Louie the 14th. | 路易十四因博物馆疏于照料而死 |
[24:51] | Louie the 15th has thrived. | 路易十五却长势繁盛 |
[24:53] | So… | 所以… |
[24:56] | …in the name of love, | 以爱之名 |
[24:58] | our client should get the plant. | 我的委托人应该拥有这株植物 |
[25:01] | Okay, I’ll take this all into consideration | 好吧 这一点我会考虑 |
[25:04] | and rule within the next 24 hours. | 并会在24小时内作出判决 |
[25:08] | – Fred. – Hey. | -弗雷德 -来啦 |
[25:10] | How did the rest of the bro-date go? | 兄弟约会后半场进行得怎样 |
[25:12] | Great. Just great. | 很好啊 很好 |
[25:15] | And Cassie with the tramp stamp? | 那个有荡妇纹身的卡茜呢 |
[25:17] | You know, uh, after we hung up, | 我们碰头之后 |
[25:19] | I didn’t see her again for the rest of the night. | 那晚我就再没见过她 |
[25:23] | Bingum! | 宾格温 |
[25:24] | Imagine my surprise on returning from court | 没想到我刚从法庭回来 |
[25:27] | and finding a messenger with a stack of boxes for you. | 正巧有信差送来一大堆盒子 都是你的 |
[25:31] | Oh, good. | 太好了 |
[25:32] | You’re not getting in over your head | 你那个赌场的案子 |
[25:33] | – with this casino case, are you? – Absolutely not. | -是不是还没有头绪 -当然不是 |
[25:36] | Although, I am filing a class-action suit. | 我准备来个集体起诉 |
[25:38] | But as you know, big lawsuits equal big payouts. | 你也知道 办大案等于赚大钱 |
[25:42] | Only after a big cash outlay, | 那得先花大钱 |
[25:44] | and only if you’re going after something | 而且必须是针对 |
[25:46] | that everyone already knows is bad, | 那些人人唾弃的东西 |
[25:47] | like car companies or cigarette multinationals | 比如汽车公司 跨国烟草公司 |
[25:51] | or Rob Schneider movies. | 或者罗伯·施奈德的电影 |
[25:52] | Do you understand the expense in tracking down plaintiffs | 你知道集体诉讼中对原告的调查 |
[25:54] | in a class-action? | 要花多少钱吗 |
[25:55] | Yes, that is why I contacted the company | 当然知道 所以我联系了那家 |
[25:57] | that the casino uses to mail out their “special offer” postcards. | 经常收到赌场寄发的”特价”明信片的公司 |
[26:01] | I’m gonna send out a notice | 我还要发函询问 |
[26:02] | asking if any of the guests felt coerced | 有没有顾客感觉自己 |
[26:05] | into buying excessive credit, | 被迫接受了超贷 |
[26:07] | and it won’t cost the firm a dime. | 这样事务所一分钱都不用花 |
[26:10] | That part I like. | 不花钱就好 |
[26:12] | I’m having a label-making party tonight, | 我今晚要开个简式派对 |
[26:13] | and you are more than welcome. | 你来我最欢迎 |
[26:15] | Stacy is making her famous guacamole. | 史黛西要做最拿手的鳄梨酱 |
[26:18] | No, thanks. But keep me posted. | 不了 多谢 不过保持联系 |
[26:20] | And you. | 对了 你 |
[26:21] | Yes, sir? | 什么事 头儿 |
[26:22] | I hear you are a hell of a wingman. | 听说你小子帮人把妹有一手哦 |
[26:24] | Cassie with the tramp stamp? | 有荡妇纹身的卡茜 |
[26:26] | Ka-pow! | 火爆了 |
[26:28] | Grayson is like a whole new man. | 格雷森简直变了个人 |
[26:36] | I thought you said you didn’t see her the rest of the evening. | 你不是说后来你就再没见过她吗 |
[26:40] | I didn’t. | 我是没见过 |
[26:42] | Grayson is a different story. | 格雷森就是另一说了 |
[26:44] | You are the worst guar– | 有你这种守… |
[26:46] | Kim Kaswell’s office. | 这里是金·卡斯维办公室 |
[27:01] | What are you still doing here? | 你还在这里干什么 |
[27:03] | Having a green tea and trying not to stress. | 喝杯绿茶缓解一下紧张情绪 |
[27:05] | What’s it to you? | 这与你何干 |
[27:06] | I didn’t know you were a green tea kind of person. | 没想到你还好这口呢 |
[27:07] | Only when I’m waiting for a ruling. | 我只有等判决的时候才会喝 |
[27:09] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[27:11] | Board minutes from the museum? | 博物馆董事会议记录 |
[27:13] | We already looked at these. | 这个不是已经看过了吗 |
[27:14] | We looked at the board minutes involving Dr. Melvoin. | 我们看过梅欧文博士参与过的会议 |
[27:16] | Found nothing, so I decided to broaden my search. | 结果一无所获 所以我决定拓宽调查范围 |
[27:18] | And? | 然后呢 |
[27:19] | These are from the board’s latest meeting. | 这是董事会最近的会议记录 |
[27:21] | For the last six months, | 最近半年 |
[27:22] | the museum’s been in negotiations to sell their Rafflesia | 博物馆一直在和一位新加坡的私人收藏家谈判 |
[27:25] | to a private collector in Singapore for mid-six figures. | 打算以五十万左右的价格把霸王花卖出去 |
[27:28] | But then their plant died, so… | 但是随后他们的花死了 所以… |
[27:30] | So, in order to make the sale, | 所以为了达成交易 |
[27:32] | they had to scramble and find a new one to replace it. | 他们不得不四处搜寻 另找一棵替代 |
[27:35] | And that’s why museum’s really after Louie the 15th. | 所以博物馆才费尽心机要得到路易十五 |
[27:38] | Teri, I need you to find the clerk, | 泰丽 你去找书记员 |
[27:40] | have him ask to have the judge hold her ruling in abeyance | 让他请法官在帕克没来之前 |
[27:42] | until I can get Parker down here. | 暂缓判决 |
[27:50] | Let me help you with that. | 我来帮你吧 |
[27:50] | Oh, no, that’s okay. Thanks. I-I got it. | 不用了 没事 谢了 我拉得动 |
[27:55] | So, I heard you had a… good time last night with Fred. | 我听说…你昨晚和弗雷德玩得很开心 |
[27:59] | That’s right. | 对啊 |
[28:01] | Did you meet anyone nice? | 遇到中意的女孩儿没 |
[28:02] | Actually, you know Cassie from the bar. | 其实你认识的 酒吧的卡茜 |
[28:06] | Sure do. Yeah. | 对啊 当然认识 |
[28:07] | Yeah, she took me to an after-hours club. | 她带我去了一家夜店 |
[28:09] | I’m seeing her again tonight. | 今晚和她还有约 |
[28:12] | Cassie, the — the one with the tattoo? | 卡茜 就是那个有纹身的女孩儿 |
[28:15] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -对啊 -是啊 |
[28:17] | She’s fun. | 她很有趣 |
[28:18] | Yes, no, she is fun. That’s true. | 是啊 是很有趣 没错 |
[28:25] | I was early, so I just — I came up to get you. | 我来早了 所以…就上来找你了 |
[28:27] | Aw. Great. | 太好了 |
[28:28] | Cassie, you know Jane. | 卡茜 这是简 你认识的 |
[28:30] | Oh, yes. Pomtini and shrimp cocktail. | 是啊 波米尼[一种鸡尾酒]和鲜虾鸡尾酒 |
[28:32] | Wow, unbelievable. That’s me. | 不敢相信 那是我的必点酒品 |
[28:34] | She’s…quick. | 她反应真快 |
[28:37] | Oh. You ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[28:39] | Yeah. Absolutely. | 当然好了 |
[28:40] | Okay. | 好的 |
[28:43] | Uh, Jane? | 简 你呢 |
[28:45] | You coming? | 走吗 |
[28:48] | Oh, no. You know what? | 不了 这样吧 |
[28:49] | I’m just gonna wait for the next one. | 我还是等下一趟吧 |
[28:51] | You know, ’cause I have a lot… | 你看我这拖着… |
[28:54] | of stuff going on. | 一大堆东西 |
[28:55] | – All right. – Okay. | -那算了 -好吧 |
[28:56] | See you later. | 回见 |
[28:57] | I love you, t– | 我也爱你… |
[29:00] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[29:07] | The minutes prove that the museum | 会议记录证明博物馆 |
[29:09] | withheld the real motive behind their bid for our client’s plant. | 隐藏了他们要回植物的真实动机 |
[29:12] | The Singapore deal isn’t done. | 那宗新加坡的交易并没有成交 |
[29:13] | Now, that’s a defense. | 这也算是辩护啊 |
[29:14] | Plus, there’s no reason to believe | 再说 没有理由相信 |
[29:15] | that the foreign buyer will care for the plant | 那位外国买主对植物的照料 |
[29:17] | any less effectively than my client. | 会不如本博物馆 |
[29:19] | You lied to this court about what was gonna happen to Louie. | 你向法庭隐瞒了路易的真正去向 |
[29:21] | – I did not lie. – You kind of did. | -我没有隐瞒 -你确实这么做了 |
[29:23] | I agree. Unclean hands, Mr. Hanson. | 我同意 汉森先生这确实是动机不纯 |
[29:26] | The matter’s settled. | 此案完结 |
[29:27] | Louie the 15th will stay with Dr. Foley. | 十五世路易归芙蕾博士所有 |
[29:32] | Oh, I am so happy. I don’t know how to thank you. | 我太高兴了 真不知道怎么谢你们 |
[29:36] | You should have been in chambers. | 你真该去法官办公室的 |
[29:37] | Ms. Kaswell was very impressive. | 卡斯维小姐的表现令人佩服 |
[29:39] | Aw. Mr. Parker wasn’t so bad himself. | 帕克先生的表现也很不错 |
[29:42] | Well, I think we all deserve a drink. | 我觉得我们都应该喝一杯 |
[29:44] | You know, I would love to, but, um, | 我也很想 但是 |
[29:47] | I really should go home and tell Louie in person. | 我该回家去把这个消息亲口告诉路易 |
[29:50] | Right. Of course. | 好吧 |
[29:52] | Tell him congratulations from us. | 把我们的祝贺带给他 |
[29:53] | Thank you both so much. | 太谢谢你们俩了 |
[29:58] | “Him”? | 你怎么也用”他” |
[29:59] | I was trying to be nice. | 我只是想表现得友好些 |
[30:10] | And done. | 好了 |
[30:11] | One more mailing list entered in, | 再输入一行邮递地址 |
[30:13] | 290 to go. | 就只剩290个了 |
[30:14] | You know, you have the energy of a hummingbird | 你有蜂鸟的精力 |
[30:16] | and the can-do attitude of a used-car salesman. | 和二手车销售员勤劳苦干的态度 |
[30:18] | It’s truly amazing. | 太了不起了 |
[30:20] | Well, thank you, sunshine. | 谢谢你的夸奖 亲 |
[30:22] | This sure brings back memories of finals week all-nighters, | 这让我们想起了期末考前通宵复习的日子 |
[30:24] | doesn’t it? Ha! | 对吧 |
[30:25] | Well, to be honest, those were the nights I went to bed early. | 实话实说 那是我睡得早的时候 |
[30:28] | Of course, the last time I had to pull an all-nighter | 当然 我最后一次熬通宵 |
[30:30] | was at the emergency regional conference | 是因为一次紧急区域会议 |
[30:32] | to discuss a certain unauthorized Gaultier Toga party. | 讨论一次未授权的高提耶长袍派对 |
[30:37] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -没错 |
[30:39] | Hey, did you know Deb Dobkins? | 你认识黛比·德普金丝吗 |
[30:41] | Yes. | 认识 |
[30:43] | I mean no. | 不认识 |
[30:44] | I mean, um, I’ve just — I’ve heard a lot about her. | 我听说过她的很多事 |
[30:47] | You know, she passed away. It was so sad. | 她去世了 真令人难过 |
[30:50] | I was hoping to reconnect with her at her fifth reunion. | 我本准备在第五次团聚会上和她恢复联系 |
[30:53] | With Deb? Really? | 和黛比吗 真的吗 |
[30:55] | But I thought you didn’t like her. | 我以为你不喜欢她呢 |
[30:58] | I mean, I’m just remembering what Stacy was saying. | 我是说 我记得史黛西说过 |
[31:01] | I thought you were mad at her | 我以为你很生她的气 |
[31:03] | for throwing that Toga party. | 因为她办了那个长袍派对 |
[31:05] | And even though I heard it was legendary | 我还听说 即使那场派对大获成功 |
[31:07] | and the reason that Beta Delta Chi had more pledges | 还吸引了比其它姐妹会都多的成员 |
[31:09] | than any sorority on campus, | 加入BDC姐妹会 |
[31:11] | you still confiscated her pin. | 但你仍旧没收了她的会徽 |
[31:13] | Wow, it sounds like Stacy’s story really made an impression. | 看来史黛西讲的故事给你留下了深刻印象 |
[31:17] | Well, sometimes as chapter president, | 有时作为分会主席 |
[31:19] | you have to wear different hats. | 一个人必须扮演不同的角色 |
[31:20] | Sometimes you have to be a sister, a mother, | 有时你要充当姐妹 母亲 |
[31:23] | good cop, bad cop, | 好警察 坏警察 |
[31:24] | sexy cop, human shield. | 性感警察 人体盾牌 |
[31:27] | Uh, you know, I didn’t tell you this, | 我没告诉过你这事 |
[31:29] | but after that Toga party almost burned the house down, | 黛比在那场长袍派对上差点烧掉房子 |
[31:32] | the National Board demanded Deb’s membership. | 全国委员会要求取消她的会员资格 |
[31:35] | What?! That’s horrible. | 什么 那太过分了 |
[31:37] | Wait, why didn’t you say anything? | 等会 为什么你之前没提起过 |
[31:39] | Well, getting kicked out would have just crushed her, | 被逐出姐妹会对她是个致命的打击 |
[31:41] | so I made a deal with the Board. | 所以我和委员会做了个交易 |
[31:44] | They’d allow Deb to stay if you confiscated her pin. | 她们同意收回会徽后保留黛比的会员资格 |
[31:51] | Look at this. | 快来看 |
[31:52] | – Not now, Fred. – No, but this is odd. | -弗雷德 等会再说 -但这太奇怪了 |
[31:55] | The — the files from the postcard mailhouse | 寄明信片的邮局 |
[31:56] | are arranged by zip code. | 是按邮编排列明信片的 |
[31:58] | Right. They cluster them by region. | 没错 他们按照区域来分组 |
[32:00] | Yeah, but this list here, the — the one with Kristin’s name, | 是 但这个有克里斯汀名字的名单 |
[32:03] | has zip codes from all over the united states. | 上面的邮编遍布美国各地 |
[32:06] | No, he’s right. Why am I on this list? | 他说得对 为什么我在这个名单上 |
[32:08] | Fred, do a Google search. | 弗雷德 用谷歌搜索一下 |
[32:10] | Enter in the first three names, see if there’s a connection. | 把前三个名字输进去 看看有没有联系 |
[32:13] | Already on it. | 已经在搜了 |
[32:14] | It is a link to a website | 有一家网站的链接 |
[32:15] | for St. Paul’s hospital parking permits? | 是圣保罗医院的停车许可证网站 |
[32:19] | – Oh, my. – Does that mean something to you? | -天啊 -这和你有关吗 |
[32:22] | St. Paul’s is where I volunteered | 圣保罗医院就是我去年志愿 |
[32:23] | for a Parkinson’s study last year. | 参与帕金森研究的地方 |
[32:26] | Why would the casino care about that list? | 赌场为什么对这份名单感兴趣呢 |
[32:28] | Well, I may not be a betting woman, | 我不是个好赌的女人 |
[32:30] | but odds are the answer to that question wins our case. | 但我赌这是我们赢得诉讼的线索 |
[32:49] | Hello? | 喂 |
[32:50] | Mr. Parker, where are you? It’s 9:30. | 帕克先生 你在哪儿 已经九点半了 |
[32:52] | I’m on my way in. What’s wrong? | 我在去公司的路上 怎么了 |
[32:55] | The police just called. | 警察刚刚来电话了 |
[32:56] | They want Dr. Foley in for questioning. | 他们想让芙蕾博士去接受问话 |
[32:58] | – What? – Last night, the museum’s new botanist | -什么 -昨晚 博物馆的新植物学家 |
[33:01] | determine that Louie the 14th didn’t die of natural causes. | 发现十四世路易不是自然死亡 |
[33:04] | Then how did he die? | 那他是怎么死的呢 |
[33:05] | Someone detached it from the vine. | 有人把它从藤蔓上摘下来了 |
[33:07] | And they think it was Audrey? | 他们觉得是奥德丽干的吗 |
[33:09] | Her coded key card accessed | 在老路易死前三天 |
[33:10] | the museum greenhouse three days before old Louie went petals-up. | 她用加密钥匙卡进入过博物馆温室 |
[33:15] | Dr. Foley’s not answering her phone. | 芙蕾博士不接电话 |
[33:17] | I told the cops you’d picked her up and bring her in. | 我告诉警察你会去接她 再把她带过去 |
[33:19] | All right. I’ll grab Kim and head over to her place now. | 好的 我接上金就赶去她家 |
[33:33] | Why are you grabbing me? | 你干嘛摸我 |
[33:36] | I mean, not that I mind. | 不过我不介意 |
[33:41] | Ms. Bingum, thanks for waiting. Please come in. | 宾格温小姐 让你久等了 请进吧 |
[33:43] | Thank you, again, for seeing us on such short notice. | 再次谢谢您 能及时和我们见面 |
[33:46] | Anything for our research partners. | 为研究伙伴 我愿随时效劳 |
[33:48] | Aw, that’s sweet, sunshine. | 你嘴可真甜 亲 |
[33:50] | But now we have some questions for you. | 但我们现在有些问题要问你 |
[33:51] | Yes, I got Ms. Bingum’s e-mail. Please have a seat. | 我收到宾格温小姐的邮件了 请坐 |
[33:54] | – Good. Thank you. – Here’s a copy of our study | -谢谢 -这是我们关于罗匹尼罗 |
[33:57] | on the side-effects of Ropinirole. | 副作用研究的副本 |
[33:58] | That’s my Parkinson’s medication. | 我治疗帕金森吃的就是那种药 |
[34:00] | Intermittent vertigo, memory loss, | 间歇性呕吐 记忆丧失 |
[34:03] | compulsive behavior, | 行为失控 |
[34:04] | including excess eating, shopping, and — | 包括暴食 购物狂 |
[34:07] | Oh, my god, gambling. | 天啊 以及赌博冲动 |
[34:09] | Yes, that’s right. | 没错 |
[34:11] | Odds of becoming addicted to gambling | 在服用药物后 |
[34:13] | increase 300% with this medication. | 赌博上瘾的概率增加了三倍 |
[34:15] | How is that even possible? | 这怎么可能 |
[34:17] | It has to do with a related dopamine agonist — | 和一种相关的多巴胺促效剂有关 |
[34:20] | But it’s still something we never could have anticipated. | 但副作用如此严重 实在出乎我们的意料 |
[34:22] | So that’s why the casino would want the patient list. | 所以赌场才想要病人名单 |
[34:25] | It’s like finding a sign-up sheet for gamblers anonymous. | 这就相当于找到了一张匿名戒赌会的签名单 |
[34:28] | A sign-up sheet with thousands of names. | 高达数千人的名单 |
[34:31] | Jane — | 简 |
[34:32] | Uh, just one second. | 等一下 |
[34:33] | Dr. Keens, how did the casino get this list? | 金斯医生 赌场是怎么拿到这份名单的 |
[34:36] | Jane — | 简 |
[34:37] | Seriously, one second. | 说真的 稍等下 |
[34:38] | Go ahead, doctor. Answer my question. | 医生 请回答我刚才的问题 |
[34:40] | I wish I could. | 我也希望能回答你 |
[34:41] | Our test-subjects list is totally confidential. | 我们的试验对象名单是严格保密的 |
[34:45] | No one outside the study has access. | 除了研究人员没人能接触到 |
[34:47] | – Jane! – What?! | -简 -到底干嘛 |
[34:49] | I think I know how the casino got the list. | 我知道赌场是怎么拿到名单的了 |
[35:03] | Ms. Bingum, I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 宾格温女士 我不知道你在说什么 |
[35:06] | What list? | 什么名单 |
[35:08] | Before your consulting job with Desert Springs, | 在你成为沙漠之泉的医学顾问之前 |
[35:11] | you worked as a research fellow | 你是在圣保罗的一家医院 |
[35:13] | – at St. Paul’s Hospital, correct? – Yes. | -从事研究工作 对吗 -是的 |
[35:15] | You looked at the side effects of a Parkinson’s medication. | 你们研究帕金森氏症药物治疗的副作用 |
[35:19] | That’s correct. | 没错 |
[35:20] | The study confirmed a link between Ropinirole | 研究结果显示罗匹尼罗 |
[35:24] | and a heightened addiction to gambling. | 会导致对赌博高度上瘾 |
[35:27] | – It’s public information now. – Right. | -这已是众所周知的信息 -是的 |
[35:30] | But the list with the test subjects, | 但试验对象名单 |
[35:32] | which would be a huge asset to any casino, | 对任何一个赌场而言都是一笔巨大的财富 |
[35:36] | that’s not public, is it? | 名单不是公开的 对吗 |
[35:39] | No. Uh, that list is confidential. | 不是 名单是保密的 |
[35:43] | Tell me something, doctor. | 医生 请告诉我 |
[35:45] | As a consultant for Desert Springs, | 作为沙漠之泉的医学顾问 |
[35:48] | you receive an annual retainer of $100,000. | 你每年的固定收入有十万美元 |
[35:52] | It’s commensurate with other consultants. | 跟其他顾问的收入是相同的 |
[35:53] | Plus $50,000 when you signed on. | 另外还有五万元的签约金 |
[35:56] | That was a bonus. | 那是奖金 |
[35:58] | Oh, a “Bonus.” | 是”奖金” |
[36:00] | A bonus that you received two weeks | 刚好在帕金森氏症药物研究结束后两周内 |
[36:03] | after the Parkinson’s study was completed. | 你收到了这笔奖金 |
[36:09] | I wonder what the State Medical Board will say about that? | 不知国家医药委员会将怎么处理此事 |
[36:19] | Dr. Foley?! | 芙蕾博士 |
[36:21] | Dr. Foley?! | 芙蕾博士 |
[36:27] | I just looked through the side windows. | 我从旁边的窗户看了下 |
[36:28] | The house is completely cleared out. | 房子里都空了 |
[36:30] | Louie the 15th? | 路易十五呢 |
[36:31] | It doesn’t make any sense. | 真想不通 |
[36:33] | Is she gone? | 她走了吗 |
[36:34] | Yeah. How did you know? | 是的 你怎么知道 |
[36:37] | She took off. | 她逃跑了 |
[36:40] | When the museum’s Rafflesia plant died, | 博物馆的霸王花死了以后 |
[36:41] | your client’s flower became the largest of its kind, | 你们委托人的花就是这个品种中最大的了 |
[36:44] | and it’s worth a lot of money. | 非常值钱 |
[36:46] | No, there’s no way. She loved that plant. | 不可能 她爱那朵花 |
[36:48] | You were played. | 你们被耍了 |
[36:50] | The museum got a call from Singapore this morning. | 博物馆早上接到新加坡那边打来的电话 |
[36:53] | Mr. Utama’s withdrawing his offer. | 乌塔马先生要解除合同 |
[36:55] | Apparently, he made a six-figure deal | 显然 他昨晚已经花了几十万 |
[36:57] | to buy another Rafflesia plant late last night from Dr. Foley. | 从芙蕾博士那里买了另一朵霸王花 |
[37:01] | Wow, she killed Louie the 14th | 天啊 她把路易十四弄死了 |
[37:03] | so she could make a killing off of Louie the 15th. | 好让路易十五能卖个好价钱 |
[37:07] | And so much for love. | 爱就此终结了 |
[37:31] | I heard about court. Congrats. | 听说你赢了 恭喜 |
[37:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:42] | I’m sorry, Jane. | 抱歉 简 |
[37:42] | I didn’t mean to be such a great wingman. | 我不是故意帮他泡到妞的 |
[37:46] | I just don’t see what he sees in her. | 我只是不清楚他看上了她哪点 |
[37:50] | Actually, you do. | 其实你知道 |
[37:52] | You just don’t like it. | 你只是不愿意接受 |
[37:55] | I used to know Cassie back when I was Deb. | 我还是黛比的时候就认识卡茜了 |
[37:59] | We took an acting class together. | 我们一起上表演课 |
[38:01] | And we auditioned for the same roles. | 为同一个角色试镜 |
[38:05] | We were a lot alike. | 我们有很多共同点 |
[38:09] | So, if I think Grayson can do better than Cassie, | 如果我觉得卡茜配不上格雷森 |
[38:13] | does that mean he can do better than… | 是不是说明作为黛比的我… |
[38:15] | The old you? | 也配不上他 |
[38:17] | The one that he wanted to marry? | 那个他想携手到老的人吗 |
[38:19] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[38:21] | Well, you’ve changed. | 你已经变了 |
[38:24] | You’re no longer Deb of the — the Gaultier Toga party. | 你不再是那个举办高提耶长袍派对的黛比了 |
[38:28] | You have higher expectations of yourself, | 你对自己有了更高的要求和期望 |
[38:30] | so maybe you have higher expectations for Grayson. | 所以或许你对格雷森也一样 |
[38:37] | That almost made me feel a little bit better. | 你这番话让我感觉好点了 |
[38:42] | I try. | 不用谢 |
[38:44] | Okay. I am going home. Do you need a lift? | 好吧 我要回家了 要搭顺风车吗 |
[38:49] | Actually, i am headed to the bar for the game. | 其实我准备去酒吧看比赛 |
[38:52] | Another bro-date? | 又一次兄弟约会吗 |
[38:54] | I’m going with Teri. | 我跟泰丽一起去 |
[38:56] | If anybody can teach me how to be more of a man, | 唯一能把我调教得更man一点的人 |
[38:57] | it’s her, right? | 只有她了 是吧 |
[38:59] | Yeah. | 对 |
[39:01] | Bye. | 再见 |
[39:03] | I haven’t made these treats since — | 我已经很久没做这些了 |
[39:05] | well, since you made them. | 自从你做过以后 |
[39:06] | Oh, yay! You’re home. | 耶 你回来了 |
[39:08] | We are making rice-krispie treats. | 我们在做米花甜点 |
[39:10] | Jane, you were brilliant today. | 简 你今天真厉害 |
[39:13] | I could not have done it without your help. | 也多亏了你的帮助 |
[39:15] | Or yours. | 还有你 |
[39:17] | So, I have some news. | 我有些好消息要宣布 |
[39:19] | Dr. Preminger is going before the Medical Board. | 普雷明格博士要接受医药委员会的调查 |
[39:23] | The gambling commission has asked for | 赌博委员会邀请我们 |
[39:24] | our notes on the class action, | 联名提起上诉 |
[39:27] | and Desert Springs is forgiving your debt. | 而且沙漠之泉将免除你的所有债务 |
[39:34] | Well, I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么了 |
[39:36] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[39:41] | I have something for you. | 有东西要给你 |
[39:47] | It’s an honorary Beta Delta Chi pin. | 这是BDC姐妹会荣誉徽章 |
[39:52] | Now, I know it’s not much, but… | 我知道这算不上什么 但是… |
[39:55] | It’s amazing. | 正合我意 |
[39:57] | Thank you. | 多谢 |