时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | See that aspiring model there? | 看见那个满怀抱负的模特没 |
[00:02] | That was me — Deb — until the day I died. | 那就是我 黛比 直到我死的那天 |
[00:06] | I thought I’d go straight to heaven, | 我以为我会直接上天堂 |
[00:07] | but there was a bit of a mix-up | 但是出了点小乱子 |
[00:09] | and I woke up in someone else’s body. | 结果我在别人的躯体中醒来 |
[00:12] | So now I’m Jane, | 所以现在我成了简 |
[00:13] | a super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 一名拥有个人助理的超忙律师 |
[00:17] | I got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 我有了新的生活 新的衣着 |
[00:19] | and the only people who really know what’s going on with me | 而唯一知道真相的人 |
[00:21] | are my girlfriend Stacy and my guardian angel, Fred. | 是我的闺蜜史黛西和我的守护天使弗雷德 |
[00:24] | I used to think everything happened for a reason… | 我一直觉得世间万事必有其因 |
[00:27] | …and, well, I sure hope I was right. | 好吧 我真希望我没想错 |
[00:45] | remembertoi | 翻译 小猪快跑 elysecff |
[00:47] | Ha! You blinked. | 你眨眼了 |
[00:48] | Damn it. | 见鬼 |
[00:50] | Like I said, | 正如我所说 |
[00:50] | no one has ever beaten me in a staring contest. | 在对视比赛中 我所向披靡 |
[00:52] | Why are you even trying? | 你干嘛非要比呢 |
[00:54] | Because I have this performance review with Parker today, | 因为帕克今天要给我做绩效评估 |
[00:57] | and the secret to a successful performance evaluation | 而要想得到赞扬的秘诀就在于 |
[01:00] | is unbroken eye contact. | 不间断的眼神交流 |
[01:01] | Where’d you hear that? | 你这是从哪儿听来的 |
[01:02] | Oh, you know, | 你知道啦 |
[01:03] | From my neurosurgeon boyfriend, whom I saw last night. | 从我神经外科医师男友那里 我昨晚才见了他 |
[01:07] | The same neurosurgeon boyfriend you’re seeing tonight? | 和你今晚要见的神经外科医师男友是一个人吗 |
[01:10] | Yep. | 对 |
[01:10] | Two nights in a row doth make this “Neuro-serious.” | 连着两晚约会 说明你”神经上很认真” |
[01:13] | I think so. | 我也觉得 |
[01:16] | And it’s — it’s totally awesome. | 而且感觉很棒 |
[01:19] | Well, except… | 只不过… |
[01:20] | Except? | 只不过怎样 |
[01:22] | Except his surgery schedule dictates our dating schedule. | 只不过他的手术安排决定着我们的约会安排 |
[01:26] | Like today — | 就像今天 |
[01:27] | He’s squeezing me in for a late lunch | 他好不容易才挤出点时间 |
[01:29] | between a craniectomy and a ventriculostomy. | 在骨瓣手术和脑室手术之间和我吃个午晚餐 |
[01:32] | Well, you can’t brag about | 你这可不对 |
[01:33] | dating a very busy neurosurgeon in one breath | 怎么能一边炫耀自己在和神经外科医师约会 |
[01:35] | and complain that he’s very busy in the next. | 一边又抱怨他工作太忙呢 |
[01:38] | Oh! Oh, my god! | 天啊 |
[01:39] | I have to get ready, or I’m gonna be late. | 我得赶紧收拾收拾 不然要迟到了 |
[01:41] | Wait. Late for what? | 慢着 干什么迟到 |
[01:43] | Some girls heard me talking to my manicurist | 有几个姑娘听见我和我的美甲师 |
[01:45] | about being a model, | 谈论当模特的心得 |
[01:46] | and they asked me to speak | 于是她们邀请我 |
[01:48] | at their high school’s fashion club. | 去她们高中的时尚俱乐部演讲 |
[01:50] | What? | 什么 |
[01:51] | My seminar is entitled | 我的研讨会名为 |
[01:52] | “Modeling, do judge a book by its cover.” | “做模特 确实要以貌取人” |
[01:57] | Oh, Jane… | 简 |
[01:58] | The trick to winning a staring contest | 赢得对视比赛的关键在于 |
[01:59] | is not to look your opponent in the eye, | 不要直视你对手的眼睛 |
[02:02] | but to focus on their nose — | 而要盯着对方的鼻子 |
[02:05] | Works every time. | 屡试不爽 |
[02:06] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[02:14] | Hey, Hank. | 嗨 汉克 |
[02:15] | Wow, there really is something about a man in uniform. | 制服男还真有吸引力 |
[02:18] | You know, the bailiff could totally be a superhero. | 小法警绝对可以有大作为 |
[02:20] | I get that a lot. | 我也经常听人这么说 |
[02:23] | Hey, uh, is Jane in? I need her help. | 简在吗 我需要她的帮助 |
[02:25] | She’s in a performance review. What’s going on? | 她在接受绩效评估 找她什么事 |
[02:28] | My wife left me. | 我妻子离开了我 |
[02:30] | I’m sorry. | 真遗憾 |
[02:32] | When did you get married? | 你什么时候结的婚 |
[02:33] | About two months ago. | 大概两个月之前 |
[02:36] | Well, Jane is not the right lawyer for this one. | 离婚案可不是简的特长 |
[02:40] | – See that man over there? – Yeah? | -看到那边那个男人了吗 -看到 怎么 |
[02:42] | Dumped at the altar by his runaway bride. | 在圣坛前被落跑新娘抛弃了 |
[02:45] | Whatever you’ve got in mind, | 无论你是什么情况 |
[02:46] | I think he’ll like your case. | 我觉得他会很乐意接你的案子 |
[02:48] | Thanks, Teri. | 谢谢你 泰丽 |
[02:50] | Man, I hate that I can’t bill anybody | 天 要是谁参加绩效评估 |
[02:51] | for these performance reviews. | 我就能管谁要钱就好了 |
[02:56] | Do I have something on my nose? | 我鼻子上有东西吗 |
[02:59] | – No. – Uh, okay, let’s just skip over all the good stuff, | -没有 -优点咱就不说了 |
[03:01] | ’cause who really wants to hear that, right? | 谁想听那些啊 对吧 |
[03:03] | Right, but, you know, in the words of Julie Andrews, | 对 但是朱莉·安德鲁斯说过 |
[03:05] | A spoonful of sugar — | 满满的赞扬… |
[03:07] | Bingum, lately, you’ve been a very consistent employee. | 宾格温 你最近在工作上的表现一如既往 |
[03:11] | Well, now, that was a very good start. | 这可是个不错的开始 |
[03:13] | Consistently emotional. | 一如既往地情绪化 |
[03:14] | Oh, my god! That’s not even true! | 天啊 才不是那样呢 |
[03:16] | Look, two years ago, nothing distracted you from your work. | 两年前 你工作时不会为任何事而分心 |
[03:19] | Now your friends just seem to show up anytime. | 现在 你的朋友们三天两头地现身 |
[03:22] | It makes me question your professionalism. | 这让我对你的专业性产生了质疑 |
[03:24] | Friends? Okay, what friends? | 朋友们 什么朋友们 |
[03:31] | Excuse me, Jane. I need to borrow you. | 打扰一下 简 我有事找你 |
[03:33] | It’s an emergency. | 十万火急 |
[03:36] | We’ll wait in your office. | 我们在你办公室等 |
[03:39] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[03:42] | Jane, I’d like you to meet Nina and Julia. | 简 这两位是妮娜和茱莉亚 |
[03:45] | They’re members of the Mountainside High-School Fashion Club. | 她们是马顿塞德高中时尚俱乐部的成员 |
[03:48] | Oh, nice to meet you both. So, what’s the emergency? | 见到你们很高兴 什么事十万火急 |
[03:52] | After my speech, I hung out for the Q&A. | 演讲结束之后 我开始回答她们的现场提问 |
[03:54] | I wanted to know more about posing. | 我想了解更多有关摆造型的事 |
[03:56] | Sure. | 当然 |
[03:56] | I stressed the importance of separating your fingers | 我强调了手指分开的重要性 |
[03:59] | so you don’t look like a mannequin. | 那样就不会像个假人模特了 |
[04:00] | The artistry of posing — very important, | 摆造型的艺术 非常重要 |
[04:03] | but you said it was an emergency. | 但你说十万火急 |
[04:05] | Right. So, we got to talking. | 对 然后我们开始聊天 |
[04:08] | Their high school is not allowing them to attend prom. | 他们高中不允许她们参加舞会 |
[04:11] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[04:12] | They want to go together. | 因为她们想要一起参加 |
[04:13] | Oh, you’re “together” together. | 你们是”在一起”的那种”一起” |
[04:15] | We’re in a committed relationship, | 我们俩是彼此忠贞的恋爱关系 |
[04:16] | but the school won’t let us buy a couples ticket. | 但学校不让我们买情侣票 |
[04:18] | And that’s why it’s an emergency, | 舞会就在这个周末举行 |
[04:20] | because prom is this weekend. | 所以说是十万火急 |
[04:22] | I’ve been dreaming about going to prom | 我一直以来都梦想着 |
[04:24] | since, well, like, forever. | 参加舞会时的场景 |
[04:26] | And now I can’t go with the person I love. | 而现在我不能和我爱的人一起去 |
[04:29] | Nina, how do you feel about this? | 妮娜 你对这事怎么想 |
[04:30] | I want to go with Julia more than anything, but… | 我超想和茱莉亚一起去 但是… |
[04:33] | Her dad doesn’t want her to make waves. | 她爸爸不想让她大肆张扬 |
[04:36] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[04:38] | Uh, have you talked with the principal? | 你们和校长谈过了吗 |
[04:41] | Every time we go to his office, | 每次我们一去他办公室 |
[04:43] | the secretary says we just missed him. | 秘书就说他刚走 |
[04:45] | He just won’t talk with us. | 他就是不想和我们谈 |
[04:46] | Well, he will certainly talk with me. | 他肯定会和我谈的 |
[04:54] | I met my wife, Irina, through a company | 我是通过一个叫做”国际新娘”的公司 |
[04:56] | called International Brides. | 认识我妻子艾瑞娜的 |
[04:58] | She was a mail-order bride? | 她是邮购来的新娘吗 |
[04:59] | I prefer to think of it as an online dating service, | 我更喜欢称其为在线约会服务 |
[05:03] | except the women are exotic | 只不过这些女人都是外国人而已 |
[05:05] | and membership costs $6,000. | 而且会员费要六千块 |
[05:07] | For the first few months, | 头几个月 |
[05:08] | I thought it was the best money I ever spent. | 我觉得那是我这辈子花得最值的的钱 |
[05:11] | But then Irina decided to — | 但之后艾瑞娜就决定要… |
[05:12] | Grayson? | 格雷森 |
[05:13] | Um, a messenger just dropped this off for you | 一个邮差刚刚把这个送到前台 |
[05:16] | at the front desk. It’s from Vanessa. | 是瓦内萨寄给你的 |
[05:31] | Hank was just telling me about his wife. | 汉克正在给我讲他妻子的事情 |
[05:34] | Uh, she left him. | 她离开了他 |
[05:36] | Um…I’m free to help. | 我很乐意帮忙 |
[05:43] | Okay, um, well, Irina and I corresponded by e-mail, | 好 艾瑞娜和我是通过电邮联系的 |
[05:47] | and we hit it off instantly. | 而且我们一拍即合 |
[05:49] | So I decided, “What the heck?” | 所以我就想 “管他呢” |
[05:51] | I took a gamble and went to Russia to meet her. | 我决定赌一把 去俄罗斯和她见了面 |
[05:53] | Uh, mail-order bride? | 是邮购新娘吧 |
[05:54] | Exotic, expensive online matchmaking service. | 是具有异国色彩的高端在线婚介服务 |
[05:57] | Got it. | 了解 |
[05:58] | I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. | 我知道自己想和她共度余生 |
[06:01] | She said she felt the same way, so we got married. | 她说她也这么想 于是我们结婚了 |
[06:03] | Then, two months later, | 结果两个月之后 |
[06:04] | she goes out for groceries and never comes back. | 她出去买日用品 一去不返 |
[06:08] | That is just wrong — | 这样可不对… |
[06:10] | Her breaking your heart like that. | 她那样伤你的心 |
[06:11] | I blame the website. | 我觉得是那个网站的错 |
[06:13] | They promised to thoroughly vet these women. | 他们保证会仔细审查这些女性 |
[06:16] | I want my $6,000 back, | 我想要回我的6000美元 |
[06:18] | plus the $3,886 I spent on the engagement ring. | 还有我花在订婚戒指上的那3886美元 |
[06:21] | I’m sorry. There’s really not a case here — | 抱歉 这案子站不住脚… |
[06:23] | We’ll go after them for breach of collateral contractual obligations. | 我们将起诉他们违反合同附随义务 |
[06:26] | I’ll file and serve the complaint this afternoon. | 我今天下午就提起诉讼 |
[06:32] | Jane got a meeting with the principal this afternoon, | 简约了校长今天下午见面 |
[06:34] | and we’re gonna make sure justice is served. | 我们要确保正义得以伸张 |
[06:37] | – “We”? – Mm-hmm. | -“我们” -是啊 |
[06:38] | Fred, this is the first time I have ever looked forward | 弗雷德 这是我第一次 |
[06:41] | to going to the principal’s office. | 盼着去校长办公室 |
[06:43] | Who keeps texting you? | 谁在一直给你发短息 |
[06:44] | The Fashion Club president made me a Facebook fan page, | 时尚俱乐部主席给我做了Facebook粉丝主页 |
[06:48] | and now I am the most popular girl at school… | 现在我是学校里最受欢迎的女孩 |
[06:51] | again. | 历史重演哦 |
[06:52] | And this time, I didn’t even have to eat a banana | 而这一次 我都不必吃香蕉 |
[06:54] | in a way that made the boys blush. | 就是让男生意乱情迷的那种吃法 |
[06:56] | Excuse me, but are you an actor? | 打扰一下 你是个演员吗 |
[06:59] | Why, yes, I am. Have you seen my work? | 什么事 我是演员 你看过我的作品吗 |
[07:01] | Not you — him. | 不是你 是他 |
[07:03] | I’m casting a commercial for the new energy drink adrenaline Rush, | 我在为新能量饮料”激爽”的广告选角 |
[07:06] | and you’re perfect. | 你很适合 |
[07:08] | – He is? – I am? | -他吗 -我吗 |
[07:09] | Wait. But he’s not even an actor. | 等等 可他根本不是演员 |
[07:12] | How hard can it be, right? | 演戏能有多难 对吧 |
[07:14] | You have the exact look I’ve been searching for. | 你的外形气质正合我意 |
[07:16] | Well, I-I guess I have been known to exude | 人家的确是不经意间流露出了 |
[07:18] | a certain je ne sais quoi. | 某种微妙的气质啦 |
[07:20] | So you’re in? | 那你是同意喽 |
[07:22] | Uh, why not? | 为什么不呢 |
[07:24] | All right. Give my office a call. | 好 给我办公室打电话 |
[07:26] | Wow! Who knew it was so easy | 哇 没想到在洛城 |
[07:29] | to get work as an actor in this town? | 这么容易就能当上演员 |
[07:36] | Well, you know, everyone needs to eat dinner. | 每个人都要吃晚餐嘛 |
[07:38] | Or is this lunch? | 对了 这应该算午餐 |
[07:42] | I’ve been spotted. | 我被认出来了 |
[07:43] | Paparazzi? | 狗仔队吗 |
[07:44] | A patient. And now she’s waving. | 是病人 正挥手呢 |
[07:47] | I’m sorry. Do you mind if I just… | 抱歉 你介意我… |
[07:48] | Of course not. You got to give the fans what they want. | 不介意 得满足粉丝需求啊 |
[07:59] | It’s my boyfriend’s phone. | 是我男朋友的手机 |
[08:00] | It’s — he’s a neurosurgeon. | 他是位神经外科医生 |
[08:04] | Oh, I should actually probably get this | 我应该接电话 |
[08:05] | in case it’s an emergency. | 说不定有急诊 |
[08:08] | Dr. Kendal’s phone. | 肯德尔医生的电话 |
[08:09] | He’s not available right now. May I take a message? | 他现在不方便接听 能为你留言吗 |
[08:13] | Sure, I’ll tell him. | 没问题 我会转告他的 |
[08:16] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:17] | Thanks…Sherry. | 谢谢 雪莉 |
[08:22] | Good news. | 好消息 |
[08:23] | Mrs. Shapiro’s headaches have stopped, | 夏皮罗太太的头不痛了 |
[08:24] | and she’s making a strudel to thank me. | 她还做了苹果派对我表示感谢 |
[08:26] | How thoughtful. | 真贴心 |
[08:27] | Oh, by the by, | 对了 |
[08:28] | I answered your phone, in case it was an emergency, | 怕是急事 我接了你的电话 |
[08:31] | but it wasn’t. | 但不是要紧事 |
[08:33] | It was Sherry. | 是雪莉打来的 |
[08:35] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[08:37] | Oh, she said she’d be up late, so feel free to call. | 她说她会睡得很晚 你可以打给她 |
[08:41] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:42] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:43] | I am famished. You ready to order? | 饿死了 你准备好点菜了吗 |
[08:45] | Yes, I am. | 是的 |
[08:47] | So… | 那… |
[08:49] | Sherry-who-stays-up-late. | 睡得晚的这位雪莉 |
[08:51] | Is she also a-a patient? | 她也是你的病人吗 |
[08:53] | Sherry? No. | 雪莉吗 不是 |
[08:54] | Uh, I’m gonna have the chicken parm. You? | 我要点奶酪焗鸡 你呢 |
[08:56] | Grilled salmon. I’m just wondering. | 烤三文鱼 我只是好奇 |
[08:59] | Sherry would be… | 雪莉是… |
[09:02] | She’s another woman I’m also dating. | 她是我的另一个约会对象 |
[09:04] | I’m sorry. I didn’t catch that. What? | 抱歉 我没听清 什么 |
[09:07] | I really like you. | 我很喜欢你 |
[09:09] | You’re smart. You are pretty. | 你既聪明又漂亮 |
[09:11] | You make me laugh. | 还很风趣 |
[09:13] | I’m sensing a “but.” | 我感觉后面还有个”但是” |
[09:14] | I-I didn’t think we were exclusive. | 我觉得咱们不必只局限于对方 |
[09:16] | I mean, we just started dating. | 我是说 我们刚开始约会 |
[09:17] | I’m sure you’re seeing other people, too. | 我想你也在跟别人约会吧 |
[09:19] | Totally. Tons of people. | 当然 好多人呢 |
[09:23] | So glad that’s out in the open, | 很高兴我们谈开了 |
[09:25] | ’cause I-I wasn’t sure if you were dating other people, | 因为我不确定你是不是跟我一样 |
[09:28] | too, also, as well as me — | 也在和别人约会 |
[09:31] | As well as I am seeing other people. | 跟我一样在和别人约会 |
[09:35] | You know, on second thought, | 再一想 |
[09:36] | maybe I won’t have the grilled salmon. | 我还是不点烤三文鱼了 |
[09:38] | Oh, seriously? Another patient. Ugh. | 不是吧 又一位病人 我去 |
[09:42] | Excuse me. I will be right back. | 失陪 马上回来 |
[09:44] | Sure. | 好 |
[09:55] | Then he told me Sherry was just | 他跟我说雪莉不过是 |
[09:57] | someone else he’s dating, just like that. | 他的另一个约会对象 |
[09:59] | So I said, “I’m totally okay with you seeing other people. | 于是我说”你跟别人约会我没意见 |
[10:03] | In fact, I’m seeing other people, too.” | 事实上 我也在跟别人约会” |
[10:08] | I know I shouldn’t be upset, | 我知道我不该沮丧 |
[10:10] | but I stupidly thought that we were exclusive. | 但我愚蠢地认为我们是彼此专一的 |
[10:14] | I mean, what was I thinking? We hardly know each other. | 我在想什么呢 我们还都不了解对方 |
[10:17] | Face it, sweetie — you’re in New Jersey. | 面对现实吧 亲爱的 你到新泽西了 |
[10:19] | What? I’m where? | 什么 怎么会在新泽西 |
[10:20] | Relationships are like a road trip up the eastern seaboard. | 恋爱就像前往东海岸的公路旅行 |
[10:23] | You start off in sunny Florida, | 你从阳光明媚的佛罗里达州出发 |
[10:25] | and if you’re lucky, you end up in New York city. | 幸运的话 你会抵达纽约 |
[10:29] | New Jersey is where you’re at after a few dates. | 几次约会后就好比到达了新泽西 |
[10:31] | – I don’t want to be in Jersey. – No one does. | -我不要待在泽西 -没人愿意 |
[10:33] | You want to go straight to Manhattan. | 谁都愿意直达曼哈顿 |
[10:35] | They have theater and Kelly Ripa. | 那里有剧院和凯莉·蕾帕 |
[10:37] | But we slept together. | 但是我们上床了 |
[10:39] | On your first date, when you were still in Miami. | 那是在第一次约会 那时好比在迈阿密 |
[10:42] | Oh, Julia’s here. | 茱莉亚来了 |
[10:49] | I can’t believe you got a meeting so soon. | 真不敢相信你这么快就约到他了 |
[10:51] | Well, I threatened to go to the school board, | 我威胁要去找学校董事会 |
[10:52] | and, magically, his schedule opened up. | 结果他突然很神奇地有时间了 |
[10:55] | Oh, where’s Nina? | 妮娜呢 |
[10:56] | Her dad didn’t let her come. | 她爸爸不让她来 |
[10:57] | Should we reschedule? | 要改时间吗 |
[10:59] | Oh, no, she knows I’m here, | 不用 她知道我过来了 |
[11:00] | and I’m supposed to call her the minute the meeting’s over. | 见面一结束 我就会给她打电话 |
[11:02] | Let’s do it. | 走吧 |
[11:07] | The dissolution of Hank Spencer’s marriage | 汉克·斯潘瑟婚姻的终止 |
[11:09] | is no one’s fault, and we ask you to dismiss. | 不是任何人的错 我们请求驳回上诉 |
[11:11] | Their “matchmaking service” is nothing more than a scam. | 他们的”婚介服务”跟骗局毫无二致 |
[11:14] | On behalf of my client, I resent your tone. | 代表我的委托人 我对你的语气表示不满 |
[11:16] | On behalf of my client, I resent you. | 代表我的委托人 我对你们表示不满 |
[11:18] | What exactly are you alleging? | 你具体指控什么 |
[11:20] | The woman he met and ultimately married | 与他相遇并结婚的那位女性 |
[11:22] | racked up credit-card bills | 留下了成堆的账单 |
[11:23] | and absconded with her engagement ring. | 并拿走了订婚戒指 |
[11:25] | International Brides didn’t arrange a marriage — | 国际新娘公司没能促成一段姻缘 |
[11:27] | They arranged to have this man’s heart broken | 反而导致我的委托人既伤心 |
[11:29] | and his wallet stolen. | 又破财 |
[11:31] | Mr. Kent, marriages end for a variety of reasons, | 肯特先生 婚姻走向终结有诸多原因 |
[11:34] | and California is a no-fault divorce state. | 而加州实行无过错离婚 |
[11:37] | If I may, I’d like opposing counsel to tell the court | 如果可以的话 我想让辩方律师 |
[11:40] | how the women on their website are vetted. | 把审查这些女性的流程告知法庭 |
[11:42] | Let’s hear it, counselor. | 说来听听 律师 |
[11:44] | My client screens for arrests, | 我的委托人会通过独立第三方 |
[11:45] | and their bios are verified by an independent party. | 核查她们的逮捕记录和基本资料 |
[11:48] | You charge 6 grand for that? | 做这些就收取6000美元吗 |
[11:50] | 52% of all marriages in the United States fail. | 美国的离婚率为52% |
[11:54] | Only 10% of our marriages end in divorce. | 但我们促成婚姻的离婚率只有10% |
[11:56] | So whatever the company’s doing seems to be working. | 由此看来公司的运作方式没有问题 |
[11:58] | Nevertheless, your company was negligent in this case. | 然而在这个案子中你的公司有过失 |
[12:01] | There’s a difference between negligent service | 服务过失与感情不幸 |
[12:03] | and being unlucky in love. | 是两码事 |
[12:06] | Despite your passion, | 虽然你很有激情 |
[12:07] | you have failed to prove a prima facie case. | 但是你的案子缺乏确凿的证据 |
[12:10] | I am granting the motion to dismiss. | 我同意驳回上诉 |
[12:17] | Principal Blake, this is a very simple matter. | 布莱克校长 这是件很简单的事 |
[12:19] | My client wants to go to prom with her girlfriend. | 我的委托人想和她的女朋友一起参加毕业舞会 |
[12:22] | How about you each buy a singles ticket? | 你们就不能一人买一张单身票吗 |
[12:24] | You show up together, you leave together. Same thing. | 你们一起入场 一起离开 这不是一样吗 |
[12:27] | Except we’re not single. | 可我们不是单身 |
[12:28] | And the couples tickets includes | 而且情侣票还包含 |
[12:30] | a couples photo, flowers, and a box of chocolate hearts. | 情侣合照 鲜花以及一盒心形巧克力 |
[12:33] | Not to mention | 更何况 |
[12:34] | single students get assigned to random seats at dinner. | 单身学生晚宴的座位是随机安排的 |
[12:37] | We’d like to sit with each other. | 我们想要坐到一起 |
[12:38] | I would love to help, but same-sex couples | 我很乐意帮忙 但是同性伴侣 |
[12:41] | at school dances violate school policy. | 参加校园舞会 违反了学校的规定 |
[12:44] | But when the school’s policy violates their civil rights, | 如果校规侵犯了她们的公民权益 |
[12:47] | then isn’t it your job to bring it up to the superintendent? | 你难道不应该反映给主管人吗 |
[12:50] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:51] | I posed that as a question, but it’s actually a statement. | 虽然我用了疑问的语气 但其实这是个陈述句 |
[12:55] | So if you don’t bring it up to the superintendent, | 所以如果你不向主管人反映 |
[12:57] | trust me, I will. | 相信我 我会反映的 |
[13:00] | You’ve made your point. | 你已经说得很明白了 |
[13:02] | I will call the superintendent tomorrow | 我明天就打电话给主管人 |
[13:04] | and express your concerns. | 向他传达你的观点 |
[13:06] | How does that sound? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[13:07] | Well, thank you for your cooperation. | 谢谢你的合作 |
[13:14] | Hi…Hank. | 你好 汉克 |
[13:16] | What’s going on in here? | 你们在这干嘛 |
[13:18] | We’re discussing our next move. | 我们在讨论下一步怎么办 |
[13:20] | Well, you heard the judge — | 你听到了法官的判决 |
[13:22] | the case is over, so…no next move. | 这个案子了结了 所以…没有下一步了 |
[13:25] | I had a revelation. We shouldn’t be suing International Brides. | 我想通了 我们不该起诉国际新娘 |
[13:27] | That’s not a revelation — it’s the judge’s ruling. | 这不是你想通的 是法官的裁决 |
[13:30] | We are going after Irina. Hank says she’s still in the U.S. | 我们在追踪艾瑞娜 汉克说她还在国内 |
[13:32] | I saw her at my gym last week. | 我上个星期在健身房看到了她 |
[13:34] | She was using the membership that I bought for her. | 她还在用我买给她的会员卡 |
[13:36] | Okay, you can’t sue a woman for breaking your heart. | 你不能因为一个女人伤了你的心而起诉她 |
[13:39] | Cause of action is conversion, | 诉由是感情转变 |
[13:41] | not to mention intentional infliction of emotional distress. | 还有故意精神伤害 |
[13:44] | Seriously? You’re dusting off the old tort of outrage? | 真的吗 你想拿精神损害老调重弹吗 |
[13:47] | Who are you — young Abe Lincoln, attorney at law? | 你以为你是谁 年轻的林肯律师吗 |
[13:49] | Hank, are you outraged? | 汉克 你愤怒吗 |
[13:50] | – Outraged. – There you go. | -很愤怒 -你看 |
[13:55] | As you can see, a threat can be highly effective. | 看见了吧 恐吓可是很有效的手法 |
[13:57] | – That was awesome, Jane. – Well, thank you. | -你真了不起 简 -谢谢你 |
[13:59] | What about me? What about me? | 那我呢 我呢 |
[14:00] | Amazing. | 一级棒 |
[14:02] | This is all gonna work out. | 一切都会解决的 |
[14:08] | My car’s gone. | 我的车不见了 |
[14:10] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[14:13] | Where’s the other car? It was right here. | 那辆车呢 刚还在这里 |
[14:15] | Tow truck just left. | 刚被拖车拖走 |
[14:17] | This is a faculty lot — no student parking. | 这是教工停车场 学生不能在这里停车 |
[14:19] | You told her to park here. | 是你叫她停在这里的 |
[14:20] | I would never tell a student they could park here. | 我绝不会告诉学生这里可以停车 |
[14:22] | We saw you direct her to this spot. | 我们看到你指挥她停进那个车位的 |
[14:25] | Uh, is — is there a problem? | 出什么事了吗 |
[14:27] | Yes, your security guard had Julia’s car towed. | 是的 你的保安把茱莉亚的车拖走了 |
[14:30] | Well, every student knows they can’t park here. | 每个学生都知道不能在这里停车 |
[14:32] | It carries an automatic three-day suspension, | 否则将面临自动停学三天的处罚 |
[14:34] | which means… | 也就是说 |
[14:36] | Which means julia is ineligible to attend prom. | 也就是说茱莉亚没有资格参加舞会了 |
[14:39] | Afraid so. | 恐怕是的 |
[14:40] | What?! Jane — | 什么 简… |
[14:41] | This was all a setup. | 这是个圈套 |
[14:43] | I’m sorry, but my hands are tied. | 很抱歉 但我爱莫能助 |
[14:45] | I, uh, won’t be bothering the superintendent tomorrow. | 我明天不用去打扰主管了 |
[14:48] | Forget the superintendent. We’ll see you in court. | 别管什么主管了 我们法庭上见 |
[14:52] | Oh, and in case you couldn’t tell by the kind of car I drive, | 看看我开的什么车 你就应该知道 |
[14:55] | I’m really good at my job. | 我可是个厉害角色 |
[15:06] | This is the faculty parking lot at Mountainside High | 这是马顿塞德高中教工停车场 |
[15:09] | yesterday at 5:00 p.m. — | 昨天下午五点的录像 |
[15:11] | no cars. | 没有车停在那里 |
[15:12] | Well, except for my Porsche. | 除了我的保时捷 |
[15:14] | In fact, there are so many empty spaces, | 事实上 那里有很大的空地 |
[15:16] | there’s enough room for a three-ring circus, | 大到足够容纳大型的马戏演出 |
[15:18] | ooh, and a Nordstrom’s rack. | 以及诺德斯特姆公司的货架 |
[15:20] | Yet the school still towed my client’s car. | 然而学校仍然拖走了我委托人的汽车 |
[15:23] | She violated policy. | 她违反了校规 |
[15:24] | Because the security guard told her to. | 是保安叫她停在那里的 |
[15:26] | And who are you? | 你是谁 |
[15:28] | Stacy. I’m Jane’s B.F.F. | 史黛西 简的死党 |
[15:30] | I didn’t ask how you signed her yearbook. | 我没有问你在她年鉴里的签名是什么 |
[15:32] | I meant who are you in relation to this case? | 我是问你与本案有何关联 |
[15:35] | I’m a…witness. | 我是…目击证人 |
[15:38] | Mr. Blake, | 布莱克先生 |
[15:38] | is Jane’s B.F.F. correct — | 简的死党说的是事实吗 |
[15:40] | this student was told to park in the faculty lot? | 的确有人让此学生将车停到教工停车场吗 |
[15:42] | Not to my knowledge. | 据我所知不是这样 |
[15:44] | Liar. | 骗子 |
[15:45] | Why are you wasting the time of a very important judge? | 你为何要浪费一位权威法官的时间呢 |
[15:48] | This seems more like a matter for the student council. | 此案交给学生会处理更合适 |
[15:51] | That being said, I think we can all agree | 既然这样 我们应该都同意 |
[15:53] | This was an after-hours mistake. | 这是个工作时间之外的误会 |
[15:55] | Wait, your honor, before you bang your gavel, | 等等 法官大人 在你落锤之前 |
[15:57] | you should know that the parking violation was just a pretext. | 你应该知道停车违例仅仅只是个借口 |
[15:59] | A pretext for what? | 什么的借口 |
[16:01] | Julia Campbell asked permission | 茱莉亚·坎贝尔请求和她的女友 |
[16:03] | to go to the prom with her girlfriend, and she was denied. | 一起去参加毕业舞会 却被拒绝了 |
[16:06] | I am now requesting a writ of mandate, | 我现在请求一份强制令 |
[16:08] | pursuant to section 1085 of the California Code of Civil Procedure, | 依照加州民事诉讼法第1085条 |
[16:11] | asking that the court require the school | 请求法院要求学校 |
[16:13] | to allow my client to attend prom with her chosen partner. | 准许我的委托人与她的伴侣一起参加舞会 |
[16:16] | How did you say all that in one breath? | 你怎么能一口气说完这么多 |
[16:18] | Do you practice? | 你练过吗 |
[16:19] | Special exercises? | 有特殊训练吗 |
[16:21] | Your honor, this is an issue for the school board. | 法官大人 这是校董事会的决议 |
[16:23] | Ms.Campbell is being denied her freedom of association. | 坎贝尔小姐的结社自由遭到侵犯 |
[16:26] | We’re in the right place. | 我们站在正义的一方 |
[16:27] | This has nothing to do with free association, your honor. | 这跟结社自由没有任何关系 法官大人 |
[16:30] | It’s about safety concerns for Ms.Campbell. | 这是出于对坎贝尔小姐安全的考虑 |
[16:32] | There’s a real possibility of violence | 同性伴侣参加毕业舞会 |
[16:34] | In reaction to a gay couple at prom. | 很有可能引起暴力事件 |
[16:38] | My friends know I’m a lesbian, | 我的朋友知道我是同性恋 |
[16:40] | and they voted me onto the prom committee. | 他们还在舞会委员会上为我投票 |
[16:42] | My client makes an excellent point. | 我的委托人给出了极佳的证明 |
[16:45] | Oh, and even if safety were a concern, | 并且 就算安全方面有问题 |
[16:47] | in Fricke vs. Lynch, the court ruled | 在弗里克状告林奇一案中 法院裁定 |
[16:49] | that schools must protect gay students from bodily harm. | 学校必须保护同性恋学生免遭身体伤害 |
[16:52] | I’ll review the citings and issue an opinion forthwith. | 我会复审所有的证据并尽快做出裁决 |
[16:55] | Ooh, just as a friendly reminder, prom is in two days. | 只是友情提醒一下 舞会两天后就要举行 |
[16:58] | “Forthwith” means “soon,” Ms. Bingum. | “尽快”的意思就是”马上” 宾格温小姐 |
[17:01] | Can I bang my gavel now, | 现在我能落锤了吧 |
[17:03] | or maybe Ms. Bingum’s B.F.F. Would like to do it? | 还是宾格温小姐死党想来落锤 |
[17:06] | Not a chance. | 没门 |
[17:09] | Ms. Nesterenko, | 涅斯捷连科小姐 |
[17:10] | what first drew you to my client’s profile? | 我委托人的档案里 哪点最先吸引了你 |
[17:13] | Hank seemed like a powerful man. | 汉克看起来很有本事 |
[17:15] | He said he ran the court, | 他说他开了家法院 |
[17:16] | but when I found out he was just a bailiff… | 但是当我发现他只是个法警后… |
[17:21] | I didn’t mind. | 我并不在意 |
[17:23] | Well, you say that now, | 你现在是这么说 |
[17:24] | but didn’t you leave him as soon as you found out | 但当你发现他既没钱又没权之后 |
[17:26] | he wasn’t rich or powerful? | 就离开了他 不是吗 |
[17:28] | No. I thought I loved Hank. | 不是的 我以为我爱汉克 |
[17:30] | He wanted to get married, | 他想要结婚 |
[17:32] | and I got caught up in the excitement. | 他的兴奋劲感染了我 |
[17:34] | Help me understand something — | 请您解释一下 |
[17:37] | how do you go from believing you love someone | 从深信自己爱着某人到再也不想见到他 |
[17:40] | to never wanting to see them again? | 你是怎么做到的 |
[17:42] | I had a change of heart. | 我变心了 |
[17:43] | You just took off. | 你甩甩手就走了 |
[17:45] | You just left. | 不辞而别 |
[17:48] | No “Goodbye,” No “I’m sorry.” | 没说”再见” 也没说”对不起” |
[17:51] | You told this man you loved him, | 你曾对这个男人说你爱他 |
[17:53] | and you broke up with him in a text message. | 但却是用短信跟他说的分手 |
[17:55] | Are you ashamed of yourself?! | 你不为自己感到羞愧吗 |
[17:56] | Objection — badgering. | 反对 无理纠缠 |
[17:58] | It’s okay. He’s right. | 没关系 他说得对 |
[18:01] | Hank… | 汉克… |
[18:03] | I’m not proud of how I handled the situation. | 这事我处理得很不妥当 |
[18:07] | I’m very sorry. | 我非常抱歉 |
[18:09] | I never meant to hurt you. | 我不是故意伤害你的 |
[18:16] | No more questions. | 问话完毕 |
[18:20] | I’m sorry you had to sit through that. | 我很抱歉让你经历这些 |
[18:22] | Well, at least she apologized. | 至少她道歉了 |
[18:24] | Now it’s my turn. | 现在该我道歉了 |
[18:26] | I’m sorry I encouraged you, Hank, | 汉克 我明知咱们没机会赢 |
[18:27] | but we don’t have a chance. | 却还鼓励你打官司 实在抱歉 |
[18:30] | I can’t prove she set out to deceive you. | 我没法证明她是故意欺骗你的 |
[18:33] | How great was that? | 简直太棒了 |
[18:35] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[18:36] | That woman is a fraud. | 那女人是个骗子 |
[18:37] | She can’t say she’s sorry but also keep the ring. | 她说了对不起 却还留下了戒指 |
[18:40] | It’s totally inconsistent behavior. | 这简直是自相矛盾 |
[18:42] | Not to mention — she couldn’t sustain eye contact | 还有 她在道歉的时候 |
[18:44] | during that lame apology of hers. | 眼神飘忽 不敢直视 |
[18:45] | It’s a classic tell. | 是撒谎的典型表现 |
[18:46] | I was just saying we should drop this. | 我正想放弃呢 |
[18:48] | Are you kidding me? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[18:50] | Hank, no offense — | 汉克 无意冒犯… |
[18:52] | I don’t like her, and I don’t trust her. | 我不喜欢她 也不信任她 |
[18:54] | I just got off the phone with Teri, | 我刚才给泰丽打了个电话 |
[18:55] | and she’s running a full background check. | 说会对她进行全面的背景调查 |
[18:58] | Forget what I said. | 就当我刚才什么都没说 |
[19:06] | Hello. | 你好 |
[19:07] | Hi. I’m so glad you’re here. | 你好 真开心你能来 |
[19:09] | Actually not sure how much time I’ve got. | 其实我也不确定能待多久 |
[19:11] | I’m waiting for a judge to issue a decision, so… | 我正在等法官宣判 所以… |
[19:14] | You got awfully quiet yesterday after Sherry called. | 昨天雪莉来电话后 你就不爱搭理我了 |
[19:17] | And I — oh, I’m sorry about that. | 我… 抱歉 |
[19:20] | I should have turned the ringer off. | 我应该把铃声关掉 |
[19:22] | I’m not on call. | 我今晚不值班 |
[19:24] | So it’s not a patient or the hospital. | 看来打来电话的不是病人或医院 |
[19:27] | Really could be anyone. | 谁都有可能 |
[19:30] | Look, I, uh… | 听着 我… |
[19:32] | I’m really enjoying getting to know you. | 能渐渐了解你 我很开心 |
[19:35] | I’m just — I’m not ready to commit. | 我只是… 我没准备好要确定关系 |
[19:36] | I wouldn’t expect you to. | 我也没指望你能准备好 |
[19:38] | So we’re cool? | 那我们没问题了吧 |
[19:39] | Totally cool. | 完全没问题 |
[19:43] | Um, just one question — | 就一个问题… |
[19:45] | Other than Sherry… | 除了雪莉… |
[19:47] | How many other women are you dating? | 你还同时和几个女人约会 |
[19:50] | One or… | 一个还是… |
[19:53] | two? | 两个 |
[19:54] | Times Square on New Year’s Eve? | 佳丽三千吗 |
[19:56] | Oh, oh. That’s my phone — my phone. | 是我的电话响了… 我的电话 |
[20:01] | Hello? | 你好 |
[20:04] | Oh, what do you need? | 你需要什么 |
[20:05] | Judge Wright will be e-mailing | 莱特法官一小时内 |
[20:06] | her verdict within the hour. | 会把她的裁决电邮过来 |
[20:07] | Julia and Nina are on their way to your office. | 茱莉亚和妮娜快到你办公室了 |
[20:12] | – Okay. – Bye. | -好吧 -再见 |
[20:15] | I am so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[20:17] | Uh, you know what? I should get back to the office. | 我该赶回办公室了 |
[20:20] | It could be decision time. | 裁决要出来了 |
[20:22] | – Bye. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[20:28] | Jane, I’m so nervous. | 简 我好紧张 |
[20:30] | What if the judge says no? | 万一法官判我们败诉怎么办 |
[20:31] | What if she says yes? | 万一我们胜诉怎么办 |
[20:33] | We’re way behind in our prom planning. | 那舞会的准备工作可就落后喽 |
[20:35] | Now, Nina, you have great bone structure. | 妮娜 你的骨架很匀称 |
[20:38] | You would look fantastic in an updo. | 梳个高发髻 肯定很漂亮 |
[20:40] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:41] | Julia said you were awesome in court. | 茱莉亚说你在庭上超赞 |
[20:42] | I’m sorry I couldn’t be there. | 我很抱歉没能过去 |
[20:44] | I understand. | 我能理解 |
[20:47] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[20:47] | Nina, I want you to come home. | 妮娜 咱们回家吧 |
[20:49] | Please, just let me wait for the verdict, okay? | 求你了 我等到裁决结果就走 行吗 |
[20:52] | Mr. Dunn, do you have a problem | 邓恩先生 你的女儿是同性恋 |
[20:54] | with your daughter being gay? | 你有意见吗 |
[20:55] | You’re Julia’s attorney? | 你是茱莉亚的律师 |
[20:57] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[20:58] | I have a problem with anything that distracts my daughter | 对于一切影响我女儿学习的事 |
[21:00] | from her studies. | 我都有意见 |
[21:02] | She has an A.P. history test tomorrow. | 她明天有大学预修历史考试 |
[21:04] | Excuse me. I just got the call. | 打扰了 我刚刚接到了电话 |
[21:06] | The judge ruled in your favor. | 法官判你方获胜 |
[21:08] | What? | 什么 |
[21:09] | We can go to prom together? | 我们可以一起参加毕业舞会了吗 |
[21:10] | Start breaking in the heels, girls. | 开始适应高跟鞋吧 姑娘们 |
[21:12] | You don’t want to get blisters. | 到时候可别磨出水泡 |
[21:14] | Hold your heels. I have some bad news. | 先省省高跟鞋吧 我还有个坏消息 |
[21:16] | The school’s lawyer issued an immediate statement — | 学校律师发布了即时声明 |
[21:19] | They’re canceling prom. | 他们取消了毕业舞会 |
[21:21] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[21:24] | Apparently, if a lesbian couple is going to prom, | 很显然 如果有拉拉要参加毕业舞会 |
[21:27] | then the school isn’t having one. | 那么学校就干脆不办了 |
[21:31] | Everybody’s gonna hate us. | 大家都会恨我们俩的 |
[21:40] | Ooh, fancy drinks. What are we celebrating? | 好美的酒 这是要庆祝什么 |
[21:43] | We are celebrating my commercial. | 庆祝我要拍广告了 |
[21:45] | I thought we should hobnob with some celebs. | 我们应该和名人套套近乎 |
[21:48] | I think I saw Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel. | 我好像看见贾斯汀·汀布莱克和杰西卡·贝尔了 |
[21:51] | Doubtful. They broke up. | 不太可能 他俩分手了 |
[21:53] | Now she’s trying too hard to prove that she’s okay with it. | 她强装着满不在乎 |
[21:55] | So, we need to discuss your acting gig. | 我们需要讨论一下你的表演技巧 |
[21:59] | Oh. I’m a natural. I’ll be fine. | 我是天生的演员 没什么问题 |
[22:00] | You need to take this seriously. | 你需要严肃对待 |
[22:03] | I brought you a book. | 我给你带了本书 |
[22:07] | “Acting. It’s harder than it looks.” | 《表演 比你想象得要难》 |
[22:09] | Promise me you’ll read it, okay? | 答应我 一定要读 好吗 |
[22:12] | Anything to make you happy. | 只要你开心 做什么都行 |
[22:16] | We still need to finish your evaluation. | 你的绩效评估还没做完 |
[22:18] | Oh, can it wait? | 能等等吗 |
[22:19] | I’m working, and I’m kind of under the gun. | 我在工作 而且压力很大 |
[22:21] | The lesbian case? | 女同的那个案子吗 |
[22:23] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[22:24] | The prom was canceled. Move on. | 舞会被取消了 别纠结了 |
[22:26] | It’s just not that easy. | 没那么简单 |
[22:27] | Which brings me back to your evaluation. | 说回你的绩效评估 |
[22:30] | You get too involved with your clients. | 你对委托人投入太多感情了 |
[22:32] | You need to learn when to let go. | 你需要学会何时放手 |
[22:34] | Especially when they’re pro bono | 尤其是无偿性案件的委托人 |
[22:36] | and the firm isn’t making any money. | 因为公司赚不到什么钱 |
[22:37] | It’s like you’re in my head. | 你就好像我肚子里的蛔虫 |
[22:40] | I’m going home. | 我要回家了 |
[22:41] | Great. Get some rest. | 很好 休息一下 |
[22:42] | I’m going home to make a pot of coffee | 我要回家煮一壶咖啡 |
[22:44] | and figure out a way to force the principal to reinstate prom. | 然后找出逼迫校长重开舞会的办法 |
[22:48] | Schools are supposed to teach fairness and equality, | 学校应当教会学生公平和平等 |
[22:51] | so I will not just move on. | 所以我不会放弃这个案子 |
[22:53] | Bingum, did you just hear anything I said? | 宾格温 你听到我刚才的话了吗 |
[22:56] | Oh, I’m sorry. No. | 很抱歉 没有 |
[22:58] | You know, you should probably | 你应该在我的评估中 |
[22:59] | add “distracted” to my evaluation. | 加上一条”注意力不集中” |
[23:06] | Mr. Parker, are you reacting to the prom being canceled? | 帕克先生 你对学校取消舞会这件事作何感想 |
[23:08] | It’s sad to see this school twisting itself into a pretzel | 看到这所学校为逃避对两位学生的宪法义务 |
[23:11] | to avoid its constitutional obligation to two students. | 而强行取消了舞会 我深感悲哀 |
[23:15] | Jane, this is so crazy! | 简 这好疯狂 |
[23:17] | Yeah, it is. | 是呀 是的 |
[23:19] | THank you. | 谢谢你 |
[23:20] | Parker, what’s going on? | 帕克 这是怎么回事 |
[23:24] | You sandbagged me. | 你搞得我很被动 |
[23:25] | Walk with me. | 边走边说 |
[23:27] | When word got out that the prom was canceled, | 毕业舞会被取消的消息一出 |
[23:29] | we got bombarded with media requests. | 就有大量媒体找上门来 |
[23:31] | You weren’t at the office — | 你当时没在办公室 |
[23:32] | You knew I went home. | 你知道我回家了 |
[23:34] | My bad. | 我的错 |
[23:35] | So now that Matt Lauer wants to talk to you, | 现在马特·劳厄要采访你 |
[23:37] | you suddenly have an interest in my case? | 你就马上对我的案子产生兴趣了吗 |
[23:39] | Our case. | 是我们的案子 |
[23:40] | And I love the gays — always have. | 而且我喜欢同性恋人士 一直都是 |
[23:41] | Fine. Whatever. | 好吧 无所谓 |
[23:42] | As soon as the courthouse opens — | 只要法院一开门… |
[23:44] | I filed last night. | 我昨晚就提交诉状了 |
[23:45] | After hours? | 下班之后吗 |
[23:46] | The clerk owes me a favor. | 书记员欠我一个人情 |
[23:47] | I got him onto Riviera last year to play a round. | 去年我送他去里维埃拉度假 |
[23:49] | We’re due in court after lunch. | 午饭后就可以开庭 |
[23:51] | So what, exactly, is our case? | 那”我们的案子”到底是什么情况 |
[23:53] | It’s a double whammy — | 双管齐下 |
[23:54] | a preliminary mandatory injunction | 去申请一份临时强制禁制令 |
[23:57] | that compels the school to hold the prom | 要求学校举办舞会 |
[23:58] | and a declaratory judgment ending discrimination | 再利用宣告式判决 解除今后对同性情侣 |
[24:01] | against same-sex couples at any future functions. | 参加任何集会的歧视性限制 |
[24:06] | I’m impressed. | 令人佩服 |
[24:07] | I believe in this, Bingum. | 我对此有信心 宾格温 |
[24:09] | Plus, if we win, | 而且 如果我们赢了 |
[24:10] | I’ll finally get that Humanitarian Society Award. | 我就终于能获得人道主义社会奖了 |
[24:12] | I’ve had it with those jerks from Slate & Arden | 以前被斯莱特&阿登律所的那群混蛋抢走了 |
[24:15] | winning for things like handicap ramps and saving the whales. | 他们赢过为残疾人争取坡道和保护鲸鱼的案子 |
[24:21] | So, Hank, this may come as a surprise, | 汉克 你可能还不知道 |
[24:23] | but Irina was married before. | 艾瑞娜原来结过婚 |
[24:25] | She was married to an American from Mississippi for two months. | 她嫁过一个住在密西西比的美国人 |
[24:29] | Then it ended. | 两个月后离婚 |
[24:30] | Irina met her first husband, Tyler Callahan, | 艾瑞娜是在另一个俄国新娘网站上 |
[24:32] | on a different Russian-brides website. | 结识了她的第一任丈夫 泰勒·卡拉汉 |
[24:34] | I had no idea. | 我毫不知情 |
[24:35] | We hope to get Tyler to testify | 我们想让泰勒作证 |
[24:37] | so we can establish a pattern of behavior | 这样可以建立一个行为模式 |
[24:39] | that proves that Irina preys on lonely men desperate for love. | 证明艾瑞娜经常诈骗渴望爱情的寂寞男人 |
[24:43] | You think I’m lonely and desperate? | 你认为我又寂寞又饥渴吗 |
[24:45] | I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you. | 对不起 不是故意冒犯你 |
[24:47] | Come on, Hank. | 来 汉克 |
[24:47] | Let’s get out of the mean lady’s office. | 咱们赶紧离开这个恶毒女人的办公室 |
[24:59] | Oh, my god! Oh, my god! Are you okay? | 天哪 天哪 你没事吧 |
[25:04] | I’m relaxing my jaw. | 我在放松我的下巴 |
[25:06] | Why are you whispering? | 你干嘛压低声音 |
[25:08] | Oh, sorry. I’m saving my vocal cords. | 不好意思 我在保护声带 |
[25:11] | It’s in the book that you gave me. | 这是你给我的书里写的 |
[25:12] | Thank you very much, by the way. | 顺便说下 非常感谢 |
[25:14] | I’m glad I could help. | 很高兴能帮到你 |
[25:15] | Oh, hey, uh, would you mind… | 你愿不愿意… |
[25:19] | running my lines with me? | 和我一起对台词 |
[25:21] | Of course. | 当然愿意 |
[25:27] | You’re the only one with lines. | 只有你一个人有台词 |
[25:28] | Yeah, no, um, the book says | 是 不是…那本书上说 |
[25:30] | that an actor needs a supportive friend | 演员需要一位支持他的朋友 |
[25:32] | in order to achieve greatness, so… | 才能取得成功 所以… |
[25:36] | I turn it on to get it on. Adrenaline Rush. | 瓶盖一开 活力无穷 激爽 |
[25:39] | Cut! Can we take that again? | 停 我们能再来一遍吗 |
[25:41] | Why did you stop? | 你为什么要停 |
[25:42] | I wasn’t visualizing my space. You didn’t get that? | 我没有想象出情境 你没注意到吗 |
[25:45] | Nope. | 没有 |
[25:47] | Maybe that’s why you’re not getting more parts. | 也许就是因为这点 你才接不到新角色 |
[25:48] | Excuse me?! | 你说什么 |
[25:50] | You read one book, and you think you’re some sort of an expert?! | 你看了一本书 就自以为是专家了吗 |
[25:54] | The way you’re screaming, you’re stressing your vocal cords. | 你尖叫的时候 声带会绷紧 |
[25:56] | I don’t care about my vocal cords | 我才不在乎什么声带 |
[25:58] | or your stupid commercial! | 也不在乎你的破广告 |
[26:08] | In 1961, | 1961年 |
[26:10] | Birmingham was ordered to integrate their public pools, | 伯明翰被要求取消公共泳池的种族隔离 |
[26:13] | but the city didn’t want African-American kids | 但市政府不愿让黑人孩子 |
[26:16] | swimming alongside Caucasian kids, | 和白人孩子一起游泳 |
[26:18] | so they shut the pools down. | 于是他们关闭了泳池 |
[26:20] | Really? Well, this is news to me. Hold on. | 真的吗 我倒是头一次听说 继续 |
[26:23] | Let me get a pen so I can write some of these fun facts down. | 让我找只笔 把这些有趣的例子记下来 |
[26:26] | Your honor, I think you’ll agree | 法官大人 您应该同意 |
[26:27] | we don’t need a history lesson here. | 我们不是来上历史课的 |
[26:29] | No, no. It’s not history. | 不 这不是历史 |
[26:31] | The same thing is happening right now. | 现在就是历史重演 |
[26:33] | Mountainside High was ordered | 马顿塞德高中被要求 |
[26:35] | to grant a gay couple access to their prom, | 允许同性情侣参加舞会 |
[26:37] | but the administration didn’t want | 但负责人不愿意 |
[26:39] | gay kids dancing near the straight kids, | 让同性恋和异性恋的孩子在一起跳舞 |
[26:41] | so they shut the prom down. | 于是取消了舞会 |
[26:43] | You’re just pontificating. | 你的说法太武断了 |
[26:44] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[26:45] | Pontificate this — | 武断的是 |
[26:47] | Mountainside High is engaging in de facto discrimination | 马顿塞德高中基于性取向的原因 |
[26:50] | based on the sexual orientation of my client. | 对我的委托人表现出了事实歧视 |
[26:52] | The prom’s cancelation | 取消舞会 |
[26:53] | has nothing to do with discrimination, de facto or otherwise. | 与任何形式的歧视都无关 |
[26:57] | It has to do with upholding federal policy. | 这样做符合联邦政策 |
[26:59] | What?! | 什么 |
[26:59] | In 1996, the federal government passed | 1996年 联邦政府通过了 |
[27:02] | the Defense of Marriage Act, defining marriage | 《婚姻保护法》 其中将婚姻定义为 |
[27:05] | as the union between one man and one woman. | 一位男性与一位女性的结合 |
[27:08] | Oh, please. These girls aren’t asking to get married. | 得了吧 这两个女孩又不是要结婚 |
[27:11] | They just want to do the electric slide as a couple. | 她们只想以情侣身份跳电步舞 |
[27:14] | True, but allowing a same-sex couple to attend prom | 是的 但允许同性情侣参加舞会 |
[27:17] | violates the spirit of the federal law. | 违反了联邦法律的精神 |
[27:21] | Isn’t it exhausting coming up with all these reasons | 你还真是绞尽脑汁 找出这么多理由 |
[27:24] | to deny Julia and Nina access to their prom? | 阻止茱莉亚和妮娜参加舞会 |
[27:26] | I mean, imagine what you could do with all that creativity. | 想象一下 你可以用这样的创造力干些什么 |
[27:29] | I hear scrapbooking is fun. | 我听说制作剪贴簿很有趣 |
[27:31] | I will not allow anyone in this court to demean scrapbooking. | 我不许法庭上的任何人贬低剪贴簿 |
[27:35] | Your honor, for the court to order an injunction, | 法官大人 法庭发出禁制令的前提是 |
[27:37] | there has to be the risk of irreparable harm. | 具有造成不可弥补伤害的风险 |
[27:39] | We’re just talking about a dance. | 而本案中只涉及到一场舞会而已 |
[27:43] | Although the school’s argument is a stretch, | 尽管校方的辩词是在歪曲法律 |
[27:45] | I don’t see irreparable harm. | 但没有造成不可挽回的伤害 |
[27:47] | The injunction is denied. | 驳回禁制令申请 |
[27:49] | However, I do see sufficient evidence | 但证据充分 |
[27:51] | to support a civil rights claim. | 可进行民事权利索赔 |
[27:53] | Trial for damages will be set for next month. | 损失赔偿案的审理定于下月进行 |
[27:56] | Next month? | 下个月 |
[27:57] | But then these kids won’t get a prom. | 那两个孩子就去不成舞会了 |
[28:00] | I didn’t go to prom, and I lived. | 我没去过舞会 还不是活得好好的 |
[28:09] | Mr. Callahan, you met Ms. Nesterenko | 卡拉汉先生 你是在哈萨克肤色网站上 |
[28:11] | on the site Kazak Kuties — is that correct? | 认识涅斯捷连科女士的 对吗 |
[28:13] | Uh, yes, but… you already know that. | 对 但是…你们已经知道了啊 |
[28:17] | Tyler, this is a prep session. | 泰勒 这是庭前准备 |
[28:18] | Want you to feel comfortable in court. | 目的是让你在法庭上应对自如 |
[28:21] | Can we keep going? | 可以继续了吗 |
[28:22] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[28:23] | And after you met Irina in Russia, | 你在俄国见到艾瑞娜后 |
[28:25] | the two of you got married? | 你们两人就结婚了 |
[28:26] | Yep, and then we moved back to Mississippi, | 对 然后我们搬回了密西西比 |
[28:29] | birthplace of Mr. Elvis Presley. | 猫王的出生地 |
[28:31] | And you are a marketing executive? | 你是一名销售经理吗 |
[28:33] | Yeah, that’s right. | 对 |
[28:34] | How’s business? | 生意怎么样 |
[28:35] | Well, it was pretty good for a while, | 生意一度很好 |
[28:37] | but marketing is usually the first thing cut | 但销售业总会率先受到 |
[28:39] | once the economy tanks. | 经济萧条的冲击 |
[28:41] | Yeah. And that’s when Irina left you? | 是啊 艾瑞娜是在那时离开你的吗 |
[28:43] | No. She — she didn’t leave me. I left her. | 不是她离开了我 而是我离开了她 |
[28:45] | What? | 什么 |
[28:46] | I felt terrible, | 我当时很难过 |
[28:47] | but after a couple of months, | 但几个月以后 |
[28:48] | I just kind of realized she wasn’t right for me. | 我发现她不适合我 |
[28:51] | You realized that? | 你自己发现的吗 |
[28:52] | Yeah. I mean, I thought I’d found the one, but… | 对 我还以为找到了真命天女 但是… |
[28:55] | guess I was wrong. | 看来我错了 |
[28:56] | Did she run up any bills on your credit card? | 她是否滥刷过你的信用卡 |
[28:58] | No. | 没有 |
[28:59] | What about the engagement ring? | 订婚戒指呢 |
[29:00] | She gave it back to me. | 她还给我了 |
[29:03] | Okay, um, I think that’s all we need. | 好的 我们该问的都问完了 |
[29:06] | Thank you so much for your time. | 多谢您的配合 |
[29:08] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[29:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:14] | Wow. I did not see that one coming. | 哇 真没想到是这样 |
[29:16] | Yeah, I don’t get it. | 我不太明白 |
[29:17] | He’s a regular guy married to a cute Russian. | 他只是娶了个漂亮俄国妞的普通人 |
[29:21] | The rules of a bad economy — hold on to what you have. | 经济不景气时的定律是 握紧你所拥有的 |
[29:25] | You don’t kick it to the curb. | 而不是将其一脚踢开 |
[29:28] | There are exceptions to every rule. | 万事都有例外 |
[29:36] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[29:38] | For what? | 为什么 |
[29:40] | Chapter 7 — never underestimate your support network. | 书中第七章写道 永远不要低估你的支持者 |
[29:43] | Stacy, you are my entire network. | 史黛西 你是我唯一的支持者 |
[29:48] | Well, every actor gets carried away. | 每个演员都会偶尔忘乎所以 |
[29:52] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[29:52] | I shouldn’t have been so jealous. | 我不该嫉妒你 |
[29:55] | I’m sorry I was insensitive. | 抱歉我没照顾到你的感受 |
[29:57] | I-if you want, I can cancel the commercial. | 如果你希望我放弃这个商业广告 |
[29:59] | What? No. No, no, no. | 什么 不用 |
[30:02] | Come on. Let’s hear you rehearse. | 来吧 开始排练 |
[30:06] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:08] | I turn it on to…get it on. | 瓶盖一开 活力无穷 |
[30:13] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[30:15] | Chapter 9 — I need some inspiration. | 书中第九章写道 我需要点灵感 |
[30:24] | Hey, I heard about prom. Sorry. | 我听说舞会的事了 抱歉 |
[30:27] | Yeah, my client deserves better. | 是啊 他们不该那么对我的客户 |
[30:30] | Wait, it’s 9:00 p.m. On a friday night, | 现在已经是周五晚上九点了 |
[30:32] | and you’re at the office. | 你还在办公室 |
[30:33] | you deserve better. | 你不该这么对自己 |
[30:34] | Yeah, well, you’re here, too. | 不至于吧 你也还在啊 |
[30:36] | Well, my fianc ran out on me last week. | 上周我未婚妻抛弃了我 |
[30:39] | What’s your excuse? | 你的理由是什么 |
[30:43] | The guy that I’m kind of dating said he was busy, | 那个貌似在跟我约会的男人说他很忙 |
[30:47] | which means he is probably out | 很可能是跟另一个女人 |
[30:49] | with one of the other women he is kind of dating. | 出去约会了 |
[30:54] | Want me to beat him up? | 想让我揍他一顿吗 |
[30:56] | Yep. | 是啊 |
[30:59] | No, it’s — no, it’s fine. | 不用 没什么 |
[31:01] | I’m really trying to be fine with it. | 我在努力适应 |
[31:05] | Well, I shouldn’t be giving relationship advice, | 虽然我在这方面的建议没太有说服力 |
[31:08] | but I do know one thing. | 但我相信一件事 |
[31:10] | What’s that? | 什么 |
[31:11] | The guy’s an idiot | 这家伙还没意识到 |
[31:12] | if he doesn’t realize what he has with you. | 和你在一起有多幸运 真是个白痴 |
[31:16] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[31:28] | Good night, Jane. | 晚安 简 |
[31:29] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[31:40] | – Good morning. – Don’t be so sure. | -早上好 -话别说太早 |
[31:43] | – What? – Principal Blake just called. | -怎么了 -布莱克校长刚打电话来 |
[31:45] | He wants to meet with you and the girls | 希望你和姑娘们 |
[31:46] | in his office immediately. | 立刻去他办公室 |
[31:47] | Julia and Nina are on their way. | 茱莉亚和妮娜在路上了 |
[31:49] | Did he say why? | 他没说为什么吗 |
[31:49] | No, but to be safe, park off-campus. | 没有 不过安全起见 还是在校外停车吧 |
[31:52] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[31:54] | I want to make you girls an offer. | 我想和你们做个交易 |
[32:00] | A couples ticket to prom?! | 舞会的情侣票 |
[32:02] | What’s the catch? | 这是什么意思 |
[32:04] | The school board wants to avoid a lengthy legal battle, | 校董事会不愿被卷入冗长的诉讼案 |
[32:07] | so we’re reinstating the dance, | 所以我们恢复了舞会 |
[32:09] | and we’re letting you and Nina go as a couple. | 并且允许你和妮娜作为情侣参加 |
[32:11] | Oh! We did it! We’re going to prom! | 太棒了 我们要去舞会了 |
[32:13] | Wait. You said it was an offer, so what do you want from them? | 等等 你说这是个交易 你想交换什么 |
[32:18] | We’re asking that you drop the case | 作为交换条件 希望你们撤销控诉 |
[32:20] | for declaratory judgment and damages, a quid pro quo. | 收回宣告式判决和索赔要求 |
[32:24] | – Okay. Fine. – Uh, no. | -好吧 -不行 |
[32:26] | What about Kyle and Charlie in 10th grade? | 十年级的卡尔和查理怎么办 |
[32:28] | They won’t be allowed to go to their prom as a couple. | 他们不会被允许以情侣身份参加舞会的 |
[32:29] | You really don’t need to worry about them. | 你真不用为他们操心 |
[32:33] | Forget it. | 当我没说 |
[32:34] | Now, listen here, young lady — | 现在听我说 姑娘们 |
[32:35] | No, no. No, you listen here. | 不 不 你听着 |
[32:37] | You’ve made an offer. | 你提供了交换条件 |
[32:39] | They will decide whether or not to accept it. | 她们可以选择是否接受 |
[32:41] | You will not intimidate my daughter — | 你别想威胁我女儿 |
[32:44] | Not anymore. | 别再想了 |
[32:46] | Nina, I’m so sorry I didn’t — | 妮娜 我很抱歉之前… |
[32:47] | Dad, it’s — it’s okay. | 爸爸 没关系 |
[32:50] | Your mom would be proud. | 你妈妈会为你骄傲的 |
[32:55] | Mr. Blake… | 布莱克先生 |
[32:57] | Prom will be going on without us. | 我们不会参加舞会了 |
[33:00] | And we will continue with the lawsuit. | 而且我们会继续上诉 |
[33:07] | See you in court. | 法庭见 |
[33:12] | Fine. Fine, I don’t need you. | 好的 好的 这里不需要你 |
[33:16] | All right, rehearsal is up, everyone. | 好了各位 彩排开始 |
[33:18] | Ooh, Fred, look at those shorts! | 弗雷德 瞧你的小短裤 |
[33:21] | Wow, you’re showing a lot of leg. | 美腿展示吗 |
[33:22] | Well, it’s official. I’m an actor! | 这是演出服 我是个演员了 |
[33:25] | Look out, George Clooney — I’m in your rearview. | 小心 乔治·克鲁尼 我就要追上你了 |
[33:27] | All right, rehearsal’s up, everyone. | 各位 彩排开始 |
[33:29] | Places. | 场景 |
[33:31] | All right, Fred, on your mark. | 很好弗雷德 各就各位 |
[33:34] | Oh, thank you. | 多谢 |
[33:36] | Take a sip of your drink. | 喝一口饮料 |
[33:39] | And…action. | 开拍 |
[33:47] | I turn it on to get it on. Adrenaline rush. | 瓶盖一开 活力无穷 激爽 |
[33:50] | Whoa, whoa. I’m sorry. Uh, cut! | 抱歉 停 |
[33:51] | Who are you, and why are you saying my lines? | 你是谁 为什么要说我的台词 |
[33:53] | Fred, what are you doing? | 弗雷德 你在干什么 |
[33:54] | My job, but this dude was lurking in the tunnel | 这是我的活 这家伙鬼鬼祟祟地躲在罐子里 |
[33:56] | and ran out and said my lines. | 还跑出来抢我的台词 |
[33:58] | You have no lines. | 你没有台词 |
[33:59] | Have you been paying attention? | 你有没有弄清楚 |
[34:00] | I’m the loser who drinks your drink, | 我是个失败者 喝了你的饮料 |
[34:01] | runs into the tunnel, and then emerges a winner, | 跑进罐子 以胜利者的姿态出现 |
[34:03] | and then I deliver my lines. | 然后说出我的台词 |
[34:05] | Seriously, dude, you’re the loser. | 没错 伙计 你是失败者 |
[34:06] | You run into the tunnel, | 你跑进罐子里 |
[34:08] | and he runs out, delivering his lines. | 然后他出来 说他的台词 |
[34:10] | You think I’m the loser? | 你觉得我是个失败者吗 |
[34:11] | Cause have you seen the woman that I’m dating? | 你没看到我女朋友吗 |
[34:13] | Stacy, would you date a loser? | 史黛西 你会跟一个失败者约会吗 |
[34:15] | I most certainly would not. | 我确定一定以及肯定不会 |
[34:17] | It’s just acting, Fred. Anyone can do it. | 这只是表演 弗雷德 每个人都可以演 |
[34:22] | Well, I’m sorry, but it — it takes talent to be an actor, | 抱歉 当演员需要天份 |
[34:25] | and I don’t have enough talent in me to act like a loser. | 我可没有足够的天份去演个失败者 |
[34:29] | I quit. | 我不干了 |
[34:30] | Great, first my bikini girl bails, and now the loser quits. | 好吧 先是比基尼女郎 然后又是失败者 |
[34:33] | Stop calling me that. | 别这么叫我 |
[34:34] | Your bikini babe quit? | 比基尼女郎不演了吗 |
[34:38] | Cause I could do it. I’ve read the script. | 我可以演 我读过剧本 |
[34:42] | Well, we haven’t fitted you for wardrobe. | 我们没准备你的衣服 |
[34:48] | Chapter 11 — an actor is always prepared. | 书中第十一章写道 演员要时刻准备着 |
[34:56] | Mr. Callahan, after two months, | 卡拉汉先生 结婚仅两个月 |
[34:58] | your marriage ended abruptly — isn’t that right? | 你就突然离婚了 是这样吗 |
[35:00] | That’s right, and like I told you before, it was my decision. | 是的 而且正如我所说 那是我的决定 |
[35:03] | You just fell out of love? | 你不爱她了吗 |
[35:05] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[35:06] | Just like that? | 就这么简单吗 |
[35:08] | I was unemployed. | 我失业了 |
[35:09] | I’d lost my self-confidence. It was a stressful time. | 失去了自信 那段时间压力很大 |
[35:13] | Are you still unemployed? | 现在还没工作吗 |
[35:15] | I pick up freelance jobs here and there. | 我现在是自由职业者 四处打点零工 |
[35:17] | Your last freelance job — how much did that pay you? | 上一份工作他们付给你多少钱 |
[35:19] | I do not remember exactly. | 记不清楚了 |
[35:22] | I have a copy of your bank statement. | 这有一份你银行帐户的复印件 |
[35:27] | Your last deposit was for $3,886. | 你的上一笔存款是3886美元 |
[35:32] | That would mean your job paid the exact amount | 也就是说 你上一份工作的报酬 |
[35:35] | as the engagement ring my client bought Irina, | 跟我委托人送给艾瑞娜而她却从未归还的 |
[35:37] | which she never returned to him. | 那枚订婚戒指的价格完全一样 |
[35:38] | Objection — I don’t hear a question. | 反对 这不是提问 |
[35:39] | When you lost your job, | 当你失业后 |
[35:40] | you realized Irina could go back to Russia, | 你意识到可以让艾瑞娜回到俄国 |
[35:43] | sign up as a mail-order bride again, | 重新签约当一名邮购新娘 |
[35:44] | Marry a rich man, and rip him off — isn’t that right? No. | 找个有钱人 狠敲一笔 很完美是吧 不 |
[35:47] | In a bad economy, you two figured out a way | 当缺钱时 你们两个就预谋好 |
[35:49] | to make a little extra cash at my client’s expense. | 从我委托人手里骗点外快 |
[35:51] | Now might be a good time | 现在你可以行使 |
[35:53] | for you to raise your Fifth Amendment rights. | 宪法第五次修正案规定的权利了 |
[36:03] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[36:04] | The D.A. is pressing charges against both Irina and Tyler. | 地方检察官已经正式起诉他们两个了 |
[36:07] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[36:09] | And you look miserable. | 你看上去不是很好 |
[36:11] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[36:13] | I get it. Hank has closure. | 我明白 汉克的案子完结了 |
[36:16] | You’re not any closer to understanding | 可你依然想不明白 |
[36:18] | why Vanessa left you. | 瓦内萨为什么会离开你 |
[36:19] | I really don’t want to talk about it, Kim. | 金 我不想谈这个 |
[36:23] | If Vanessa were here, what would you want to say to her? | 如果瓦内萨在你面前 你想和她说什么 |
[36:26] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[36:27] | And it really doesn’t matter, because she’s not. | 也无关紧要 因为她不在我面前 |
[36:28] | – Well, pretend I’m her. – Kim. | -那就把我当成她 -金 |
[36:30] | Grayson, this woman leaves you | 格雷森 那个女人 |
[36:34] | moments before your wedding | 在婚礼前一刻抛弃了你 |
[36:35] | and then disappears from your life. | 从此在你的生命中消失 |
[36:38] | Do you want to stay stuck in that moment, | 你是想你的生命永远停留在那一刻 |
[36:39] | replaying it over and over again, | 从此一蹶不振 |
[36:41] | or do you want to finally have it out with her? | 还是想彻底的把她忘掉 |
[36:43] | – This is crazy. – You know what’s crazy? | -你这话太离谱了 -这就离谱了 |
[36:44] | Leaving someone at the altar! | 在婚礼上抛弃新郎 那才叫离谱呢 |
[36:46] | So pretend I’m Vanessa. Yell at me. Scream at me. | 你现在就当我是瓦内萨 有什么火都冲我发吧 |
[36:50] | Whatever you want to say to her, say to me. Let me have it. | 你想说什么 说出来吧 冲我说出来 |
[36:52] | – Vanessa! – Yes, Grayson? | -瓦内萨 -格雷森 |
[37:01] | That wasn’t meant for you. | 我没想吻你 |
[37:05] | I kind of figured. | 我懂 |
[37:09] | I’m not much of a yeller. | 我吼不出来 |
[37:13] | Well, you should try it sometime. | 你可以偶尔试一下 |
[37:29] | Even if Julia and Nina can’t go to their prom, | 即使茱莉亚和妮娜不能参加校园舞会 |
[37:32] | At least they can go to a prom. | 至少他们可以参加这样一个舞会 |
[37:35] | How did you pay for all of this? | 你哪来这么多钱办舞会 |
[37:36] | Oh, old Jane bought Netflix at $12. | 从前的简低价买进了一只潜力股 |
[37:39] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[37:40] | It means that we get to throw a really awesome party | 就是说 我们有能力举办一场很棒的派对 |
[37:43] | and invite the entire senior class to attend. | 高年级的所有学生都可以参加 |
[37:47] | Let’s just hope they show up. | 现在就等他们来了 |
[37:49] | Oh, look who’s here! | 快看 她们来了 |
[37:51] | This is amazing. | 太棒了 |
[37:53] | This is way better than the school gym. | 这可比体育馆好太多了 |
[37:56] | Thank you, Jane… for everything. | 简 谢谢你…谢谢你所做的一切 |
[38:00] | You’re welcome. | 不必客气 |
[38:01] | Would you like to break in the dance floor? | 去跳个舞吧 |
[38:08] | Oh, hey, look, your friend from New Jersey | 看 你的新泽西小伙 |
[38:11] | is looking a little lonely over there. | 看上去有些寂寞 |
[38:13] | My prom date has arrived. | 我的舞伴来了 |
[38:15] | I will request a slow song for you. | 我去给你点个慢歌 |
[38:18] | Please do. | 谢了 |
[38:20] | Are you enjoying yourself? | 玩得开心吗 |
[38:21] | Of course — it’s prom! | 当然了 这可是舞会啊 |
[38:23] | Well, my dad let me borrow his chevy. | 我爸爸把他的雪佛兰借给我了 |
[38:25] | We can totally make out in the backseat. | 我们可以在车后座亲热 |
[38:28] | Um, Bill, I-I think we need to talk. | 比尔 我们谈谈吧 |
[38:33] | Sounds serious. | 这么严肃 |
[38:35] | I know that I said I was cool with you seeing other people, | 我之前说 不介意你同时跟其他人约会 |
[38:39] | But it turns out I’m not that cool. | 但其实我很介意 |
[38:43] | I want to be the only girl in the backseat of your chevy. | 我想做你雪佛兰后座上的唯一的女孩 |
[38:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:52] | “Okay” as in you — | 你是指… |
[38:54] | “Okay…” | 好的… |
[38:55] | As in… | 就是指… |
[38:57] | I appreciate what you’re saying. | 我很欣赏你的想法 |
[39:00] | But you are not ready to commit. | 但是还没到赞同的地步 |
[39:02] | I’m not in a race to the finish line. | 我不急着确定关系 |
[39:04] | We’re just getting started. | 我们才刚开始不是吗 |
[39:06] | I feel like I’m competing for your attention. | 感觉我在跟别人争你的宠 |
[39:10] | And… | 况且… |
[39:16] | …I deserve better. | …我不为瓦全 |
[39:19] | Are you breaking up with me at prom? | 你这是要在舞会上和我分手吗 |
[39:23] | Uh, you know what? | 怎么说呢 |
[39:26] | I am. | 是的 |
[39:28] | Bye, Bill. | 再会了 比尔 |
[39:31] | Bye, jane. | 简 再见 |
[39:44] | Stace. | 史黛西 |
[39:47] | What happened? | 出什么事了 |
[39:48] | Turns out I’m not a Jersey girl. | 看来我不能接受新泽西的习俗 |
[39:51] | Bingum. | 宾格温 |
[39:53] | Parker. | 帕克 |
[39:54] | Thanks for the invite. Nice party. | 多谢邀请 不错的派对 |
[39:56] | – Hi. – Hey. | -你好 -你好 |
[39:57] | Uh, let’s get some punch. Excuse us. | 咱们谈谈 失陪 |
[40:01] | Hank, you’re adorable, and I respect your machismo, | 汉克 你太帅了 我就喜欢你的男子气概 |
[40:04] | but on the dance floor, I lead — got it? | 但是在舞会上 要全听我的 知道吗 |
[40:06] | Whatever you say. | 你高兴就好 |
[40:07] | I found a keeper. | 我找到归宿了 |
[40:12] | There you go. | 来一杯 |
[40:13] | What’s going on, Parker? | 帕克 出什么事了 |
[40:14] | We need to finish your evaluation. | 我们该完成你的评估了 |
[40:17] | Are you serious? | 真的吗 |
[40:18] | I am not on the clock right now, so this can wait. | 我现在不急 这个可以等 |
[40:20] | I wanted to retract my prior critique. | 我想收回我之前的评价 |
[40:24] | Oh. Well, in that case… | 那样的话… |
[40:26] | Your friend brought you a worthwhile case, | 你朋友给你拉来了一个不错的案子 |
[40:28] | and your emotions kept it on track. | 因为你的热情 案子办得很顺利 |
[40:31] | Commendable job. | 相当棒 |
[40:32] | Whatever you’re doing… | 你要把目前的表现… |
[40:34] | keep doing it. | 保持下去 |
[40:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:40] | – Oh, will you excuse me? – Yeah. | -失陪一下 -去吧 |
[40:45] | You made it. | 你来了 |
[40:46] | Are you kidding? I wouldn’t miss prom. | 开什么玩笑 舞会我怎能错过 |
[40:49] | Right. | 是啊 |
[40:50] | Would you like to dance? | 跳个舞怎么样 |
[40:51] | You know I would. | 你知道我会同意的 |
[40:54] | Oh, congratulations on your case, by the way. | 对了 恭喜你的那个案子 |
[40:56] | I heard about the win. | 听说胜诉了 |
[40:57] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[41:04] | Looks like Hank’s gonna be all right. | 汉克看上不会有事了 |
[41:09] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[41:11] | You know, Grayson, you’re gonna be all right, too. | 格内森 你也会很快好起来的 |
[41:21] | Jane, look! | 简 快看 |
[41:24] | ♪ It’s just so far ♪ | ♪ 重回你身边 ♪ |
[41:27] | ♪ To get back to where you are ♪ | ♪ 路程如此漫长 ♪ |
[41:33] | ♪ All this time ♪ | ♪ 一直以来 ♪ |
[41:35] | ♪ we were waiting for each other ♪ | ♪ 我们都在等待对方 ♪ |
[41:39] | ♪ All this time, I was waiting for you ♪ | ♪ 一直以来我都在等待着你 ♪ |
[41:46] | ♪ We got all this words, can’t waste it on another ♪ | ♪ 我们之间说的话语不能说给别人听 ♪ |
[41:52] | ♪ So I’m straight in a straight line ♪ | ♪ 所以我义无反顾地 ♪ |
[41:56] | ♪ Running back to you, yeah ♪ | ♪ 奔向你 ♪ |
[41:59] | ♪ I’m straight in a straight line ♪ | ♪ 我义无反顾地 ♪ |
[42:02] | ♪ Running back to you ♪ | ♪ 奔向你 ♪ |