时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | ?? | 看到那个天生丽志的模特了吗 |
[00:03] | ? | 那就是我 Deb |
[00:05] | ?? | 直到我死的那天 |
[00:07] | ?? | 我以为我会直接去天堂 |
[00:09] | but there was a bit of a mix-up | 但出了点小差错 |
[00:11] | and i woke up in someone else’s body. | 我醒来时在别人的身体里 |
[00:13] | so now i’m jane, | 现在我是Jane |
[00:15] | a super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant. | 有自己专职助理的超忙律师 |
[00:18] | i got a new life, a new wardrobe, | 新的人生 新的衣物 |
[00:20] | and the only people who really know what’s going on with me | 知道事情来龙去脉的人 |
[00:23] | are my girlfriend stacy and my guardian angel, fred. | 只有我好友Stacy和守护天使Fred |
[00:26] | i used to think everything happened for a reason… | 我以前都认为完事皆有因… |
[00:28] | whoo! | 喔! |
[00:29] | …and, well, i sure hope i was right. | …我希望我是对的 |
[00:32] | DROP DEAD DIVA | |
[00:40] | i got a brand-new pair of blue jeane | |
[00:43] | me and my posse lookin’ fresh and so clean | |
[00:47] | i used to wear entire outfits with less fabric. | 我以前的衣服布料要少得多 |
[00:49] | it’s a minimizer, sweetie. | 这是缩胸文胸 甜心 |
[00:51] | and the extra-wide wings will help with the uplift. | 粗肩带是为了提胸 |
[00:55] | i’m never gonna get used to her. | 我永远都适应不了她的生活 |
[00:58] | you don’t have to. | 你不需要那么做 |
[00:59] | four words – | 4个词 |
[01:00] | diet, exercise, pluck, and polish. | 合理膳食 运动 勇气和打扮 |
[01:03] | now, don’t move. | 现在别动 |
[01:06] | ow! | 嗷! |
[01:08] | sync:frs@j`cat | capture:frm@冯蔚 |
[01:10] | good morning. | 早上好 |
[01:12] | where are you?! | 你在哪儿?! |
[01:13] | getting ready for work. | 正准备去上班 |
[01:14] | ow! | 嗷! |
[01:15] | are you okay? | 你还好吧? |
[01:16] | i’m fine, teri. | 我没事 Teri |
[01:18] | no, you’re not. you are two hours late. | 不 你有麻烦了 你迟到2小时了 |
[01:21] | your “assistant” can’t talk to you like that. | 你的”助理”不能那么跟你讲话 |
[01:23] | you can’t talk to me like that! | 你不能那么跟我讲话! |
[01:25] | – jane? – yes. | – 啥 |
[01:28] | get your ass to the office – now! | 快给我爬到办公室来 快! |
[01:31] | she yelled at me. | 她冲我嚷了 |
[01:32] | what are you gonna do about it? | 你要怎么做? |
[01:34] | drive really fast and apologize? | 快速开车过去道歉? |
[01:36] | don’t apologize, and be careful driving – | 别道歉 开车小心点 |
[01:38] | that’s what got you into this, sweetie. | 前车之鉴啊 甜心 |
[01:40] | now, repeat after me – i am the boss. | 跟着我说 我是头儿 |
[01:43] | i am the boss. | 我是头儿 |
[01:45] | you’re right! i am the boss! | 没错! 我是头儿! |
[01:49] | hey!it’s been a week since you were shot. | 嘿! 离你中枪伤都一周了 |
[01:51] | maybe you should start showing up on time. | 你也该按时上班了 |
[01:53] | i am the boss, fred. you are the help, | 我是头儿 Fred 你只是个帮忙的 |
[01:55] | and the help doesn’t tell the boss what to do. | 帮忙的不能对老板颐气指使 |
[01:57] | you think i’m the help? | 你觉得我是个帮忙的? |
[01:58] | your words – you’re my cosmic babysitter, | 用你的话说 你是派到地球的 |
[01:59] | sent down to earth to make sure i behave. | 外太空保姆 确保我不出乱子 |
[02:01] | that makes you the help. | 所以你是个帮忙的 |
[02:03] | lucy tyner has been waiting in your office. | Lucy Tyner已经在你办公室等着呢 |
[02:05] | – is this latte nonfat? – what? | – 这是无脂肪拿铁咖啡? – 什么? |
[02:07] | never mind. | 当我没说 |
[02:08] | no, i don’t want the doughnut. | 不 我不想吃甜甜圈 |
[02:10] | i mean,i really want the doughnut, but i don’t want the doughnut. | 我是说 我很想吃甜甜圈 但不能吃 |
[02:12] | four grams of trans fat, 26 net carbs – | 4克反式脂肪酸 26克纯碳水化合物 |
[02:15] | is it really worth it, teri? | 值得吗 Teri? |
[02:17] | it’s got sprinkles. | 上面有碎糖颗粒 |
[02:18] | right. that’s another 80 calories. | 没错 另外80卡路里 |
[02:21] | too much talking, not enough walking. | 讲太多 走太慢 |
[02:23] | please tell me you remember lucy’s case. | 拜托告诉我 你记得Lucy的案子 |
[02:25] | it goes to trial tomorrow? | 明天上庭 |
[02:27] | she was fired from her job as a cocktail waitress | 她之前在太阳酒吧当服务生 |
[02:29] | at the sun bar. | 被解雇了 |
[02:30] | anything? | 有印象? |
[02:32] | still got the amnesia. but i love the sun bar. | 还失忆着呢 但我爱太阳酒吧 |
[02:35] | there’s the cutest bartender, and he gives me free spritzers. | 那里有个超可爱的调酒师 他免费给我Spritzer喝 |
[02:37] | focus. lucy was fired for – | 集中注意力 Lucy被解雇了 |
[02:40] | sexual harassment! | 性骚扰! |
[02:41] | this is not a game show. | 这可不是玩游戏 |
[02:43] | lucy was fired for being overweight. | Lucy因为超重被解雇了 |
[02:45] | well, everyone who works there is like a model, | 那里所有员工都是模特身材 |
[02:46] | so that totally makes sense. | 挺靠谱 |
[02:48] | we represent lucy, not the bar. | 我们代表Lucy 不是酒吧 |
[02:54] | stop scoping the new guy! | 别再打量新来的男人了! |
[02:56] | his girlfriend died like a week ago. | 他女朋友好像一周前死了 |
[02:58] | pull it together, jane. | 给我注意力集中 Jane |
[03:03] | i’m so sorry i’m late. | 太抱歉了 我迟到了 |
[03:06] | well, you’re always on time, jane, | 你总是很准时 Jane |
[03:07] | so i’m sure it was something important. | 所以肯定出大事了 |
[03:10] | um, well, nothing is more important | 呃 没有比明天你自信的 |
[03:12] | than you feeling confident in court tomorrow. | 出现在法庭更重要的事了 |
[03:15] | i’m scared, jane. | 我很害怕 Jane |
[03:17] | i had to borrow money from my mother to pay my rent. | 我从我妈妈那里借钱交房租 |
[03:20] | do you really think we’re gonna win? | 你真觉得我们能赢? |
[03:22] | well, i’m gonna do the best that i can. | 我会尽力而为 |
[03:25] | why did you do that? | 你为什么那么做? |
[03:26] | what? | 什么? |
[03:28] | you just gave me the body check. | 你刚刚打量我身体了 |
[03:30] | that thing that skinny girls do? | 苗条姑娘才做的动作 |
[03:32] | i know what they’re thinking – | 我知道她们怎么想 |
[03:33] | step away from the cookies and get a grip. | 远离松饼 克制自己 |
[03:36] | i just never expected to get that look | 我只是从没想到你这样的人 |
[03:38] | from someone like you. | 会那样看我 |
[03:40] | um, i don’t know what you’re talking about. | 呃 我不知道你在说什么 |
[03:41] | sure, you do. | 我相信你知道 |
[03:42] | come on, jane. look at us. | 拜托 Jane 看看咱俩 |
[03:44] | you know why they assigned me to you. | 你知道他们让你负责 我案子的原因 |
[03:49] | excuse me. i’ll be right back. | 失陪一下 马上就回来 |
[03:56] | parker! | |
[03:58] | did you assign me the lucy tyner case because i’m f- | 你让我负责Lucy Tyner的案子 是因为我… |
[04:02] | because i’m f- | 因为我…. |
[04:04] | she’s been under a lot of stress, poor thing. | 她压力很大 可怜人 |
[04:07] | you know, i hear some people are never the same | 我听说很多人在重大事故后 |
[04:08] | after a traumatic incident. | 会大变样 |
[04:10] | but we’re here for you, jane. | 我们会帮助你的 Jane |
[04:12] | why did you gave me this case? | 你为什么把那个案子给我? |
[04:14] | the service workers union is shopping around | 服务业工会逛来逛去 |
[04:16] | for new representation. | 在找新代理 |
[04:17] | we win, we get all future litigation | 我们赢了 得到全部诉讼权 |
[04:19] | and a million-dollar retainer. | 和1百万律师费 |
[04:20] | but if you’re not up to it, i’m happy to step in. | 如果这案子你没准备好 我乐意替你分忧 |
[04:23] | – i’m fine. – look, jane,we’ve all noticed | – 我很好 – 听着 Jane 我们都注意到了 |
[04:25] | you’ve been acting a little…strange, | 你的举止有点奇怪 |
[04:26] | so if you need help, get it. | 如果你需要帮助 就去找啊 |
[04:30] | if you don’t remember, i wanted this case, | 你不记得了 我曾想要这案子 |
[04:32] | but you begged him for it. | 但你求他给你 |
[04:36] | i guess it does make sense. | 我觉得这也很符合逻辑 |
[04:38] | what, did you just body-check me? | 你刚刚打量我? |
[04:41] | did i what? | 我做什么了? |
[04:43] | excuse me. i have a client waiting. | 失陪 客户在等我呢 |
[04:53] | sorry about before. | – 刚才很抱歉 – 我不是有意要生你的气 |
[04:57] | you have every right to be upset. | 你绝对有权生气 |
[04:58] | and you know what? i’m upset, too… | 你猜怎么着? 我也很生气… |
[05:01] | that you were fired. | 你被炒了 |
[05:03] | but you’re wrong about one thing. | 但有件事你弄错了 |
[05:04] | i did not get assigned this case. | 这个案子不是派给我的 |
[05:06] | i asked for it. | 我毛遂自荐的 |
[05:07] | i am your lawyer, | 我是你的律师 |
[05:08] | and we are going to kick their ass! | 我们要告得他们屁滚尿流! |
[05:18] | are you sure ms. tyner is ready for court? | 你确定Tyner女士准备好上庭了? |
[05:20] | we’ve reviewed her deposition. | 我们看过她的证词了 |
[05:21] | she’s prepped but not overly rehearsed.she’ll do fine. | 她准备好了 但是没有过度的练习 没问题的 |
[05:24] | over a dozen law firms wanted this case. | 1打以上的法律事务所想要这个案子 |
[05:26] | it’s our one shot to impress the union… | 这是给工会留好印象的机会… |
[05:31] | are you listening to me? | 你在听我说话吗 |
[05:32] | um, what’s going on in there? | 呃 发生什么事了 |
[05:34] | divorce case – nothing to do with you. | 离婚案子 跟你没关系 |
[05:36] | jane. | |
[05:37] | your case is how you make partner | 这个案子关系到你如何和别人合作 |
[05:40] | and i get rich… | 让我更… |
[05:42] | er. | 富有 |
[05:42] | no mistakes. | 别犯错误 |
[05:44] | i would like the artwork in the living room. | 我要起居室的画 |
[05:47] | – depending on the appraisal – – it’s fine. | – 根据价值评估… – 好吧 |
[05:50] | the piano. | 钢琴 |
[05:52] | – that could be worth – – take it. | – 那可能值… – 拿走吧 |
[05:54] | and the wedding china. | 结婚陶瓷 |
[05:57] | do you love him, mindy? | 你爱他吗 Mindy |
[05:59] | let’s try and stay on point, chad. | 我们不要跑题 Chad |
[06:00] | we’ve been married for 10 years, | 我们结婚10年了 |
[06:02] | and then you cheated on me. | 然后你背着我偷吃 |
[06:07] | take it. i never liked the pattern. | 拿走吧 我从不喜欢那图案 |
[06:11] | is there anything you do want? | 你有想要的东西吗 |
[06:19] | yeah. just one thing. | 有 就一样 |
[06:23] | three years ago, i gave mindy one of my kidneys. | 3年前 我给了Mindy我的1个肾 |
[06:28] | now i want it back. | 现在我想要回来 |
[06:38] | can i help you? | 有什么事? |
[06:41] | you’re teri, right? | 你是Teri 对吧 |
[06:43] | have we met? | 我们见过面? |
[06:44] | your boss described you. | 你老板描述过你 |
[06:46] | what, that i’m asian? | 说什么我是亚洲人? |
[06:48] | oh, no. | 哦 不 |
[06:49] | i am so not a racial profiler. | 我对种族探查完全没兴趣 |
[06:52] | it’s your heavy concealer and crooked cutlets. | 但认出你的浓妆和肉饼身材了 |
[06:56] | i need to see jane. | 我要见Jane |
[06:58] | she doesn’t want to be disturbed. | 她不想被打扰 |
[07:00] | oh, i don’t want to disturb her. i want to talk to her. | 哦 我不想打扰她 只想和她聊聊 |
[07:05] | surpri-i-ise! | 惊喜! |
[07:07] | what are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么? |
[07:11] | no. | 别吃了 |
[07:12] | i brought you lunch. | 我给你带午餐了 |
[07:15] | chicken breast… | 鸡胸… |
[07:18] | …celery… | 芹菜… |
[07:20] | and a snack for later. | 零食一会儿再吃 |
[07:24] | that’s it? | 就这些? |
[07:26] | smaller snacks mean slimmer slacks. | 少量零食意味着瘦身 |
[07:28] | it’s called a thin-centive. | 变瘦的动力 |
[07:29] | now, between all your important meetings, | 在你所有重要会议间隔里 |
[07:31] | you need to exercise. | 你需要运动 |
[07:33] | come on. let’s start with squats. | 来 我们开始练深蹲 |
[07:34] | i’m really busy, stace. | 我真的很忙 Stace |
[07:35] | and the sooner we start, the sooner we finish. | 越快开始 越早结束 |
[07:39] | okay. come on. | 好 来吧 |
[07:41] | now, knees forward, arms out… | 膝盖向前 伸出胳膊 |
[07:45] | butt in the air. | 翘臀 |
[07:49] | first we go down. | 首先下蹲 |
[07:51] | and now we go up. | 然后起身 |
[07:53] | i said “up,” sweetie. | 我说 “起身” 甜心 |
[07:54] | i heard you. | 我听到了 |
[07:57] | jane, you’re due in court in 15 minutes. | Jane 你15分钟后出庭 |
[07:59] | what are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[08:00] | it’s called a squat. | 这叫深蹲 |
[08:01] | yeah,i can see it’s a squat. i also know this is not a gym. | 对 能看出来是深蹲 我还知道这里不是健身房 |
[08:03] | can someone help me up, please? | 拜托谁扶我站起来 |
[08:07] | i’ve worked at the sun bar for six years. | 我在太阳酒吧已经工作6年了 |
[08:10] | never been late. not once. | 一次都没迟到过 |
[08:11] | – any customer complaints? – no. | – 有顾客投诉吗 – 没有 |
[08:13] | did you receive written evaluations from your supervisor? | 领导给过你书面评估吗 |
[08:16] | yeah, once a year. always positive. | 有 一年一次 都很好 |
[08:19] | ms. tyner, do you know the difference | Tyner女士 你知道苏格兰威士忌 |
[08:21] | between scotch and whiskey? | 和威士忌的区别吗 |
[08:22] | your honor, objection. relevance? | 法官大人 我反对 无相关性 |
[08:25] | my uncle moe was a drinker. | 我叔叔Moe爱喝酒 |
[08:27] | and he always said that a good cocktail waitress | 他总说优秀的酒吧女招待 |
[08:29] | knows the difference. | 知道区别 |
[08:31] | well, then… | 那么… |
[08:33] | okay. | 好 |
[08:35] | witness may answer. | 证人请回答 |
[08:38] | scotch is whisky, without an “e” before the “y”, | 苏格兰威士忌属于威士忌 “y”前没有”e” |
[08:40] | distilled in scotland. | 在苏格兰蒸馏提纯 |
[08:41] | whiskey with an “e” | 有”e”的威士忌 |
[08:43] | is traditionally distilled in ireland. | 是在爱尔兰蒸馏而成 |
[08:45] | thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:46] | oh, ms. tyner, if the sun bar doesn’t want you, | 哦 Tyner女士 如果太阳酒吧不想要你 |
[08:49] | why not find another place to work? | 为什么不找别的工作 |
[08:51] | i don’t have a degree. | 我没有学历 |
[08:53] | uh, the union gets me benefits, | 工会帮我争取福利 |
[08:54] | and being a single mother, i need flexible hours. | 作为单亲母亲 我需要工时灵活 |
[08:57] | i-i can’t lose this job. | 我不能丢掉这份工作 |
[09:01] | thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:08] | ms. tyner… | Tyner女士 |
[09:11] | …who is this? | 这是谁? |
[09:14] | it’s me. | 是我 |
[09:16] | how many years ago? | 多久以前? |
[09:19] | i wore that dress to a sun bar christmas party… | 我穿那件衣服参加 太阳酒吧圣诞节派对 |
[09:23] | a year and half ago? | 1年半前 |
[09:24] | how many pounds ago? | 那时候多重? |
[09:26] | objection! | 反对! |
[09:27] | – on what grounds? – his tone, your honor. he’s rude. | – 理由是? – 他的语调 法官大人 他没礼貌 |
[09:32] | that’s okay. | 没事 |
[09:34] | i’ve gained about 50 pounds since then. | 那以后我增重50磅 |
[09:37] | any different? | 你觉得自己看起来不一样吗 |
[09:40] | of course. | 当然 |
[09:41] | are you aware that your collective bargaining agreement | 你知道劳资双方协定 |
[09:44] | states that any change in physical appearance | 写着任何身体样貌的变化 |
[09:46] | can constitute grounds for termination? | 可导致合约终止? |
[09:49] | yes, but there – | 清楚 但… |
[09:49] | did you understand that gaining 50 pounds | 你明白增重50磅 |
[09:52] | would constitute a change of appearance? | 会导致身体样貌的变化? |
[09:58] | yes. | 明白 |
[10:00] | no more questions. | 没别的问题了 没有问题了 |
[10:02] | court’s adjourned for the day. | 休庭 |
[10:12] | you got stacy | 我是Stacy |
[10:14] | hi. it’s me. | 嗨 是我 |
[10:15] | hi! guess what. i bought us a low-carb cookbook. | 嗨! 猜怎么着 我给咱俩搞了本低碳水化合物菜谱 |
[10:19] | tonight we can make a bundt cake out of applesauce and air. | 今晚我们用苹果酱和空气就能做个 Bundt蛋糕出来(一种戒指型的巧克力蛋糕) |
[10:23] | that sounds fun, but – | 听起来很有意思啊 但是 |
[10:24] | and i want you to sign up at my gym. | 我还想让你加入我的健身馆 |
[10:26] | we can pi-latte together in the mornings | 在你上班之前 |
[10:27] | before you have to go to work. | 我们早上就可以一起喝Pie-latte了 (一种拿铁咖啡) |
[10:29] | stacy, can you meet me at the sun bar tonight, | Stacy 今晚能和我在太阳吧见面吗 |
[10:32] | say 9:00? | 9点怎么样? |
[10:34] | of course. yay! | 当然了 耶! |
[10:37] | okay. great. i’ll see you there. | 好的 到时候见 |
[10:43] | mindy went into kidney failure. | Mindy 得了肾衰竭 |
[10:45] | she almost died. | 她差点死了 |
[10:46] | against the odds, i was a match. | 无独有偶 我的肾竟然适合 |
[10:48] | you gave it to her, chad. | 你给她的 Chad |
[10:49] | it was a gift. no strings attached. | 这算是礼物 没有什么附加条件的 |
[10:51] | after the transplant, everything changed. | 做完移植手术 一切都改变了 |
[10:53] | she opened an art gallery. | 她开了一家画廊 |
[10:55] | last spring, she went on safari. | 去年春天 她还去探险旅行 |
[10:57] | she got a second chance. she’s living life to the fullest. | 她得到了重生 还活得多姿多彩的 |
[11:00] | she got my kidney, and i got dumped. | 她得到了我的肾 我却被她甩了 |
[11:03] | we could petition to try to get the kidney back, | 我们可以诉求把肾要回来 |
[11:05] | but i think we’ll be laughed out of court. | 但是我觉得上庭了 我们会被笑死的 |
[11:08] | then figure out another way. | 那就再想个别的办法 |
[11:15] | i’m telling you something | |
[11:17] | tell me, baby | |
[11:21] | if maybe we could… | |
[11:23] | here y go. thanks. | – 给您 – 谢谢 |
[11:29] | oh, excuse me! | 哦 打扰一下! |
[11:32] | your hair extensions are gorgeous. | 你的接发太漂亮了 |
[11:34] | you could hardly see the weave. | 编的地方根本看不出来啊 |
[11:35] | i just had them done last week. | 我一周前刚做完的 |
[11:36] | you want the name of my stylist? | 你想知道我的造型师的名字吗 |
[11:37] | actually, what’s your name? | 其实 我想知道你的 |
[11:39] | sierra! | |
[11:40] | – um, but i don’t go that way. – oh, no! | – 嗯 我不搞(拉拉)那一套的 – 哦 不是! |
[11:43] | – i mean,i tried the one time, but – – no. | – 我虽然试过一次 但是… – 不是的 |
[11:45] | – that’s not what i meant. – oh. | – 我不是那个意思 – 哦 |
[11:47] | – can i just borrow a pen? – sure. | – 能借支笔给我吗? – 当然可以啊 |
[11:57] | i am so excited! | 我太兴奋了! |
[11:59] | we finally get some quality time together. | 咱们终于有时间可以一起好好玩了 |
[12:04] | sweetie… | 亲爱的… |
[12:05] | why are you still wearing your lawyer uniform? | 你怎么还穿着律师装呢? |
[12:08] | i’m actually here for work. | 其实我来这是工作的 |
[12:10] | but…it’s a bar! | 但是…这里是酒吧啊! |
[12:13] | i know. | 我知道 |
[12:14] | oh, thank you. | 哦 谢谢你啊 |
[12:18] | on the house. | 免费 |
[12:20] | ooh. | 哦~ |
[12:25] | okay. | 行 |
[12:27] | – excuse me. – yeah. | – 打扰下 – 什么事 |
[12:29] | you totally have brad pitt’s noseu | 你的鼻子和布拉德皮特一模一样啊 |
[12:32] | is it re? deb! | – 是真的吗? |
[12:34] | – i mean, jane – – it’s okay. | – 我是说 Jane… – 没关系 |
[12:36] | i had a nose job about six months ago. | 我六个月前做的 |
[12:39] | i get a lot of compliments. | 很多人都夸呢 |
[12:41] | get you anything else? | 还要点什么吗? |
[12:42] | um, i’d like a mojito. | 嗯 来一杯 Mojito(鸡尾酒) |
[12:43] | vodka instead of rum. splenda instead of simple syrup. | 用伏特加别用兰姆酒 加Splenda而不是简易糖浆 |
[12:47] | okay. | 好的 |
[12:49] | i just saved you 225 calories – | 我刚帮你省了225卡路里… |
[12:52] | 25 minutes on the elliptical. | 还有25分钟的Elliptical时间 (类似于跑步机的一种健身器材) |
[12:56] | you’re welcome. | 不用谢哈 |
[13:00] | oh, my god, there’s marc and beth! | 哦 我的天哪 Marc和Beth在那! |
[13:01] | okay, don’t say anything, | 好的 你别和别人说 |
[13:03] | but i caught beth totally making out with lance redondo | 但是Marc给他奶奶守夜的时候 |
[13:05] | when marc was at his grandmother’s wake. | 被我撞到Beth和Lance Redondo鬼混 |
[13:09] | let’s go say hi. | 我们过去问好吧 |
[13:10] | ooh, sweetie, uh, they know deb… | 哦 亲爱的 他们只认识Deb… |
[13:12] | not jane. | 不认识Jane |
[13:15] | okay. | 明白 |
[13:17] | i’ll be right back. okay? | 我马上回来 好吗 |
[13:32] | it’s on the house. | 免费 |
[13:33] | – you are the best. – thank you! | – 你最好了 – 谢谢! |
[13:39] | – oh, stacy… – hmm? | – 哦 Stacy… – 嗯? |
[13:41] | no one’s talked to that girl all night. | 整晚都没人和那个女孩聊天啊 |
[13:44] | poor thing. | 可怜的人儿 |
[13:45] | you know what? | 你猜怎么着 |
[13:47] | i’m gonna give her my free spritzer. | 我要把我这杯免费的Spritzer给她 |
[13:49] | you are a saint. | 你可真是个圣人啊 |
[13:51] | and free fashion advice. | 还为她提供免费的潮人建议 |
[13:53] | i mean, who wears a trapeze top with wide-leg pants? | 我说 穿宽腿裤的时候谁还配露肩装啊 |
[13:56] | – i’m gonna be right back. – okay. aah! | – 我马上回来 – 好的 啊! |
[13:59] | oh, my god! i am so sorry! | 哦 天哪 太对不起了! |
[14:06] | i’m grayson. | 我叫Grayson 女士 你的减肥Mojito |
[14:17] | your diet mojito? | |
[14:19] | be 8 bucks. | 八块钱 |
[14:24] | thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:32] | i’ve always wanted to work for a nonprofit. | 我一直想替那种不盈利组织工作的 |
[14:35] | but with my student loans, | 但是因为我的学生贷款 |
[14:37] | i need to sell my soul for a few years. | 我先得出卖灵魂几年 (意指替大公司打官司) |
[14:40] | then i can save the whales. | 然后我就可以去拯救鲸鱼了 |
[14:43] | i find the law so fascinating. | 我觉得法律很有意思啊 |
[14:46] | – no, you don’t. – no, i don’t. | – 不 你才没有呢 – 你说得对 我没有 |
[14:49] | but i wish i did. | 但是我希望我能 |
[14:51] | the thing about the law is that it never stands still. | 法律的魅力在于它从来都不是静止的 |
[14:56] | is that a good thing? | 是件好事吗? |
[14:58] | yeah. it’s a reflection of society. | 是啊 是对社会的反射 |
[15:01] | oh.like a mirror. | 哦 就像一面镜子 |
[15:03] | like a smart mirror. | 一面很聪明的镜子 |
[15:13] | have dinner with me. | 和我共进晚餐吧 |
[15:15] | um, it’s midnight. | 嗯 现在可是午夜 |
[15:18] | one of my professors used to say, | 我的一位教授曾说过 |
[15:19] | “the law is the wisdom of the ages | “法律是长久积累的智慧” |
[15:22] | wrapped in the opinion of the moment.” | “融入当下观点的结合体” |
[15:24] | you know what i mean? | 你知道什么意思嘛? |
[15:26] | i think i do. | 我觉得我明白 |
[15:28] | okay, it’s like everyone used to say | 对 就好像每个人都说 |
[15:31] | – toxins were bad for you. – mm-hmm. | – 毒素对人身体不好 – 嗯哼 |
[15:32] | but then a wise doctor discovered botox, | 但是一位睿智的医生发现了肉毒杆菌 |
[15:36] | and opinion totally changed. | 毒素不好这个观点就被改变了 |
[15:40] | have dinner with me. | 和我共进晚餐吧 |
[15:41] | tomorrow night. | 明晚 |
[15:43] | and the next night. | 后天晚上 |
[15:44] | and maybe a lunch. | 有可能的话 加上午餐 |
[15:46] | and breakfast. | 还有早餐 |
[15:56] | jane. | |
[15:58] | i would like you to meet my friends marc and beth. | 认识下我的朋友 Marc和Beth |
[16:05] | uh, how do you two know each other? | 哦 你俩怎么认识的? |
[16:11] | actually, we have a friend in common. | 其实是因为有个朋友我俩都认识 |
[16:13] | lance redondo? he’s really cute. | 认识Lance Redondo吧? 他真的很可爱 |
[16:16] | shame about the herpes. | 可惜他得了疱疹 |
[16:22] | honey, can we dance? | 亲爱的我们去跳舞吧 |
[16:25] | oh. well, have a lovely night! | 哦 那 晚上玩好了! |
[16:28] | oh, my god! | 哦 我的天哪! |
[16:30] | you didn’t just lose your body. | 你不光身体没了 |
[16:31] | no, no, you lost your mind. | 不 不 你连脑袋也丢了 |
[16:35] | that was fun. whew! | – 多逗啊 – 呼! |
[17:15] | you scared the hell out of me. | 你吓死我了 |
[17:16] | you scared the hell out of me. what are you doing here? | 你才把我吓死了 你在这干什么 |
[17:19] | it’s my house. | 这是我的房子 |
[17:21] | i thought you moved in with stacy. | 我以为你搬过去和Stacy住了 |
[17:23] | i came to get a few things. | 我过来拿点东西 |
[17:26] | what things? | 什么东西? |
[17:28] | none of your business? | 不关你的事儿 |
[17:30] | you are my business, jane. | 你就是我要管的事儿 Jane |
[17:33] | i want her bras, okay? | 我想要拿她的胸罩 行了吧 |
[17:37] | i bought a new one, and it’s – it’s pinchy. | 我买了个新的 但是…有点扎人 |
[17:43] | why are you here, fred? | 你在这干什么 Fred? |
[17:45] | i, uh, needed a place to sleep, | 我 嗯 需要个地方睡觉 |
[17:48] | and your law firm | 你那个事务所 |
[17:50] | doesn’t exactly pay its messengers top dollar. | 给的工资那么低 |
[17:52] | well, how did you get in? did you use your powers? | 你怎么进来的? 你用了你的超能力? |
[17:56] | for the third time, i don’t have any powers. | 跟你说三遍了 我没有超能力 |
[17:59] | as long as i’m on earth, i’m as human as you are. | 只要我还在地球上 我就和你一样是凡人 |
[18:01] | but i’m…clever. | 但是 我…很聪明 |
[18:05] | there’s a key under the mat. | 门垫下有钥匙 |
[18:08] | so… | 那… |
[18:11] | …is it cool if i stay? | …我能不能待在这啊? |
[18:14] | why should i care? | 我在乎个什么劲啊? |
[18:15] | i mean, these photos, they’re – | 这些照片啊 它们… |
[18:17] | they’re not really of me… | 又不真是我的… |
[18:20] | fred. | |
[18:21] | i would never collect plates and snow globes. | 我一辈子都不会收集 那些盘子还有那些下雪球 |
[18:27] | and floral prints make me dizzy. | 还有印花的东西 我看了就头疼 |
[18:30] | this isn’t my life. | 这不是我的生活 |
[18:35] | i’m getting what i need and i’m not coming back | 我只是来拿我需要的 我又不会再回来 |
[18:43] | sir, as the owner of the sun bar, | 先生 做为太阳吧的老板 |
[18:44] | do you know a sierra wilcox? | 你认识Sierra Wilcox? |
[18:47] | of course. | 当然了 |
[18:48] | sierra’s been a waitress at the sun bar | Sierra在太阳吧工作 |
[18:50] | for over three years. | 已经三年多了 |
[18:51] | and are you aware that she recently added hair extensions? | 那你知道她最近刚做了接发吗 |
[18:54] | yes, and they look lovely. | 知道 看起来很漂亮的 |
[18:56] | and what about your bartender, kyle nevins? | 那您的酒保呢 Kyle Nevins? |
[18:58] | well, he did not get hair extensions. | 他可没去接发 |
[19:01] | no, he got a nose job, didn’t he? | 他是没做 但他隆鼻了 对吧 |
[19:03] | yeah. so? | 是 那又怎么样? |
[19:05] | would you say those employees fundamentally changed | 那你承认这些雇员在为你工作期间 |
[19:08] | their appearance while working for you? | 对自己的容貌进行了大整改 |
[19:09] | – yes, but – – and did you terminate either of them? | – 没错 但是… – 那你有没有解雇他们中的任何一个呢 |
[19:13] | no. | 没有 |
[19:13] | but you terminated my client because her appearance changed. | 但是你解雇了我的当事人 因为她改变了外表 |
[19:17] | it’s not the same. | 这不是一回事 |
[19:18] | yes or no? | 是还是不是? |
[19:21] | yes. | 是 |
[19:26] | what’s the difference between cosmetic surgery | 那整容手术和增重的效果 |
[19:29] | and gaining weight? | 二者有什么区别呢 |
[19:30] | cosmetic surgery is meant to improve the appearance. | 整容手术是为了让你变漂亮 |
[19:34] | putting on the pounds detracts from it. | 体重增加那可就是背道而驰了 |
[19:36] | can you explain why you terminated an employee | 你能解释下你为什么 |
[19:39] | who gained 50 pounds? | 非得解雇一个增了50磅的员工 |
[19:40] | i’m not ashamed to say that my objective | 我光明正大的说 |
[19:42] | is to turn a profit. | 我的目标就只挣钱 |
[19:44] | and sex sells. | 帅哥美女就能赚钱 |
[19:45] | and lucy hurts your bottom line? | Lucy让你挣不回来? |
[19:47] | absolutely. | 可不是啊 |
[19:48] | can you quantify that? | 能具体说一下吗? |
[19:49] | my clientele buy more drinks from thin, beautiful women. | 我的顾客们从纤瘦漂亮的服务员 那买的酒更多 |
[19:53] | sierra brings in 20% more per night than lucy. | Sierra每晚能比Lucy多卖出20% |
[19:56] | thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:04] | my client is keeping the kidney. | 我的当事人要留着这个肾 |
[20:07] | no judge would order mindy to return a transplanted organ. | 没有一个法官会命令她把器官再还回去 |
[20:10] | which is why we’re now asking for $100,000 | 这也就是我们为什么要十万还钱做赔偿 |
[20:13] | in exchange for keeping the kidney. | 用来作交换 想保住肾的话 |
[20:15] | excuse me? | 什么? |
[20:17] | mr. billmyer gave his wife something of value. | Billmyer先生给了 他夫人一件很有价值的东西 |
[20:19] | during a divorce proceeding, | 在一件离婚案当中 |
[20:21] | a judge assesses a value to each party’s property. | 法官会判定各方财产的价值 |
[20:23] | we assess the value of our client’s kidney at $100,000. | 我们认定我当事人的肾值十万元 |
[20:27] | this is crazy! | 太扯了吧! |
[20:29] | well, you’re about to get half of everything i own. | 你马上就能拿到我的一半东西了 |
[20:31] | so you can give some of it back. | 你可以还一些回来 |
[20:33] | the uniform anatomical gift act | <统一组织捐献法> |
[20:34] | prohibits the exchange of a human organ for profit. | 禁止以人体器官赢利 |
[20:37] | the statute prohibits the sale of organs, | 法令禁止的是器官的买卖 |
[20:39] | not their monetization for a fair value | 在离婚的具体背景下 |
[20:40] | within the context of a divorce proceeding. | 不禁止其物被具体化为货币价值 |
[20:43] | this is not gonna fly. | 这不可能被通过的 |
[20:46] | we’ll see about that. | 那我们走着瞧吧 |
[20:55] | don’t those… belong in a cup? | 那些…不是该放在杯子里吗 |
[20:59] | dark circles. | 我有黑眼圈了 |
[21:01] | i heard you got buried in court. | 听说你今天上庭惨败啊 |
[21:04] | that’s a little bit strong, but – | 这么说就太夸张了 但是… |
[21:06] | jane, you accused me of assigning you this case | Jane 你指责我因为你肥胖 |
[21:09] | because you’re overweight. | 把这个案子派给你 |
[21:10] | truth is, i was reluctant to pututou on it. | 其实 我是很不情愿让你接的 |
[21:13] | why? | 为什么? |
[21:14] | i was hoping it wouldn’t come to this, | 我本来希望不用到这一步的 |
[21:15] | but here we are. | 但是没办法了 |
[21:18] | i want you to argue that being overweight | 我想让你用”肥胖是一种残疾” |
[21:20] | can be a disability. | 来做辩护 |
[21:22] | what are you talking about? | 你什么意思? |
[21:23] | if you can convince the jury it’s a medical condition | 如果你可以说服陪审团 是因为她的身体状况 |
[21:26] | that impairs lucy’s performance, | 影响了她的工作业绩 |
[21:27] | then the sun bar can’t terminate her under – | 那在美国残疾人法案的保护下 |
[21:30] | the americans with disabilities act. | 太阳吧就不能解雇她 |
[21:32] | oh. huh! yeah, i know the law. | 哦 哈! 是 这法我熟了 |
[21:36] | but the a.d.a. wasn’t meant to apply to people like lucy. | 但是这个法案的本意并不适用Lucy这样的人 |
[21:38] | it does now. | 现在适用了 |
[21:39] | i’m flying in a federal labor expert from d.c. | 我请了一个联邦劳工法案专家 今晚就从华盛顿飞过来 |
[21:41] | you’ll put him on the stand tomorrow. | 你明天让他上庭作证 |
[21:43] | i-i’m not sure how i feel about telling a jury | 我…我不确定要我告诉陪审团.. |
[21:46] | that being… | 比普通人胖… |
[21:49] | …larger than average is a disability. | 是一种残疾是什么感觉… |
[21:52] | lucky for your client, it doesn’t matter how you feel. | 对你的当事人来说 你什么感觉无所谓的 |
[21:55] | just win the case. | 只管赢了这案子就行 |
[22:09] | yay! | 耶! |
[22:10] | you’re home early! let’s go for a run! | 你今天回来早了 我们出去跑一圈 |
[22:13] | i’m not in the mood. | 我没心情 |
[22:15] | how about makeup? | 那化妆品呢? |
[22:16] | i bought a palette of neutrals | 我买了一板儿淡色的 |
[22:18] | that’ll look great with jane’s coloring. | 很配Jane的外貌 |
[22:21] | let’s play. | 我们来玩嘛 |
[22:22] | i’ve been playing lawyer all day. | 我演律师已经演了一天了 |
[22:24] | i don’t really want to play barbie. | 不想再当芭比娃娃了 |
[22:26] | you know something… jane, | 你知道吗…Jane |
[22:29] | it’s like you don’t even want my help. | 你现在好像根本不想要我的帮助 |
[22:31] | stacy… | |
[22:33] | i don’t like celery. | 我不喜欢芹菜 |
[22:34] | i like sandwiches. | 我喜欢三明治 |
[22:36] | and i don’t want to run when i come home from work | 而且当我下班回家之后 我不想再跑步了 |
[22:38] | because i am tired and my brain hurts. | 因为我累了 而且我的头疼 |
[22:41] | and i never want to do a squat again. | 还有我再也不想再做深蹲了 |
[22:44] | i give up. | 我放弃 |
[22:46] | you want to stay like that, fine by me. | 你想一直这个样 我没问题 |
[22:49] | do you have any idea what that feels like to me? | 你知道我有什么感觉吗 |
[22:52] | you said you wanted deb back. i get it – | 你说你想要Deb回来的 我明白… |
[22:54] | – she was gorgeous and fun and – – stop it! | – 她又漂亮又有趣又… – 别说了! |
[22:57] | i want deb! i miss her! | 我要Deb! 我想她! |
[22:58] | i am still deb! | 我还是Deb! |
[23:01] | all i see is jane. | 我看见的只有Jane |
[23:09] | where are you going? | 你去哪儿 |
[23:11] | i’m moving out! | 我要搬出去! |
[23:20] | as your guardian angel, i’m supposed to lend an ear, | 做为你的守护天使 如果你需要的话 |
[23:22] | if you need it. | 我可以听你倾诉的 |
[23:24] | – i’m fine. – good. | – 我没事 – 那好 |
[23:26] | because fly fishing is oddly exhilarating. | 因为我刚发现飞钓出奇地刺激啊 |
[23:31] | he’s false casting. | 他那是假装的 |
[23:32] | probably paying out the line, drying a soaked fly | 大概就是把线放出去 然后把湿蝇甩干 (飞钓的饵有湿蝇和干蝇两种) |
[23:35] | or repositioning his cast. | 要不然就是在重新调整他飞钓的姿势 |
[23:38] | oh, crap. | 哦 奶奶的 |
[23:40] | jane knows about fishing?! | Jane 连钓鱼都懂?! |
[23:44] | popcorn? | 来点爆米花? |
[23:49] | you know, fred, this whole deal, | 你知道吗 Fred 留着Deb的记忆 |
[23:51] | where i keep deb’s memories but get jane’s smarts, | 但是得到了Jane才智 这整件事… |
[23:54] | it’s messed up. | 就是一团糟 |
[23:55] | i mean, i’m practically a genius, | 我基本上算是个天才了 |
[23:57] | and i don’t even know… the name of my dog. | 但是我连我的狗叫什么名字…都不知道 |
[24:01] | bones. | 骨头 |
[24:02] | what? | 什么? |
[24:04] | dog’s name is bones. | 狗狗的名字叫骨头 |
[24:06] | it’s written on the back of the picture – “bones, 1979.” | 在照片的背后写这呢”骨头 1979年” |
[24:09] | so i’m guessing bones is no longer with us. | 我猜骨头已经不在了 |
[24:11] | not unless he died, | 除非它死了 |
[24:13] | pawed the return button on the computer, | 用它的爪子按了电脑上的返回键 |
[24:14] | and you put his soul inside of a cat. | 然后你把它的灵魂装进一只猫的身体里 |
[24:27] | fred? | |
[24:29] | i don’t want to be her. | 我不想当她 |
[24:32] | i want my old life back. | 我想要回我原来的生活 |
[24:36] | if you were still deb, what would you say to jane? | 如果你还是Deb 你会对Jane说什么 |
[24:44] | step away from the cookies and get a grip. | 离饼干远点 克制一下自己 |
[24:48] | and what would jane say to deb? | 那Jane会对Deb说什么呢 |
[24:52] | i’m sorry, deb. | 很遗憾 Deb |
[24:55] | sorry for what? | 为了什么? |
[24:59] | i’m sorry you needed people like me | 很遗憾 你需要我这样的人 |
[25:01] | ?? | 来能让你自我感觉良好 |
[25:21] | you’re on time today! | 你今天很准时啊! |
[25:23] | scared of you if i wasn’t. | 我是怕死你了 |
[25:26] | no doughnut? | 没有甜甜圈? |
[25:27] | i thought you were over doughnuts. | 我以为你不吃甜甜圈了 |
[25:29] | right. it’s okay. | 对 没关系 |
[25:34] | i am like a boy scout. | 我就像是童子军出身的 |
[25:41] | – do you have a minute? – mm! | – 你有时间吗 – 嗯! |
[25:45] | of course. | 当然了 |
[25:49] | i need to speak with you about something. | 我有点事要和你谈 |
[25:52] | anything. | 你说 |
[25:55] | you’re familiar with this kidney case, right? | 你知道这件肾脏案吧? |
[25:59] | yeah. you’re trying to monetize a vital organ. | 知道 你们打算把 那个器官的价值具体货币化 |
[26:02] | i think kim’s a terrific lawyer, but she’s blowing smoke. | 我觉得Kim是个好律师 但是她有点不靠谱… |
[26:05] | you don’t think her argument will survive judicial scrutiny. | 你认为她的辩词过不了司法审查这一关? |
[26:09] | you know, in law school, they say… | 你知道吗 在法学院 有这么句话… |
[26:12] | law is the wisdom of the ages | “法律是长久积累的智慧” |
[26:14] | wrapped in the opinion of the moment. | “同时融入当下观点的结合体” |
[26:17] | that’s why i love the law. | 这就是我为什么热爱法律 |
[26:19] | but how is that relevant here? | 但这和案子有什么关系? |
[26:20] | i have this girlfriend, brandi -really cute sorority type. | 我有个叫Brandi的女朋友 是很可爱的姐妹会那型的女孩 |
[26:24] | anyway, she worked her ass off as a manicurist | 总之 她当修甲师 累得要死要活 |
[26:26] | to put her hubby through med school, then he dumped her. | 供她老公上完了医学院 然后他甩了她 |
[26:29] | so she sued for half his future income and won. | 然后她把他将来 收入的一半都告赢了过来 |
[26:32] | i still don’t see the connection. | 我还是没看出来有什么关系啊 |
[26:34] | when a spouse sacrifices to help their partner, | 当配偶一方为了对方牺牲自己 |
[26:37] | the court places a value on that sacrifice. | 法庭会很重视这项牺牲 |
[26:39] | giving up a kidney is quite a sacrifice. | 放弃一个肾那可是不小的牺牲 |
[26:42] | adapt the wisdom of the law | 让法律的睿智去 |
[26:44] | to fit the opinion of the moment. | 适应时下的观点 |
[26:46] | but, grayson… | 但是 Grayson… |
[26:48] | maybe it’s not about the money. | 也许根本不是钱的事儿 |
[26:50] | see, brandi still loved her husband. | Brandi还爱着他的丈夫 |
[26:53] | but she didn’t sue because she wanted half of his income. | 但是她告他不是想要他一半的收入 |
[26:56] | she just…wasn’t ready to say goodbye. | 她只是…没准备好说再见 |
[27:01] | you’re saying this case isn’t about chad’s kidney. | 你是说这案子根本 就不是拿Chad的肾说事儿 |
[27:03] | it’s about his heart. | 是他的心 |
[27:09] | i have to go to court. | 我得去法院了 |
[27:11] | wait. before you go… | 等一下 你走之前… |
[27:16] | you got something… | 有点东西… |
[27:20] | w-what? | 什…什么? |
[27:24] | popcorn? | 爆米花 |
[27:27] | yeah! um… | 是啊! 嗯… |
[27:30] | i was just saving that for later. | 我打算待会吃的 |
[27:36] | i am not ready to go. | 我没准备好走 |
[27:43] | dr. sandler, you’re a leading expert | Sandler医生 您是顶级的专家了 |
[27:45] | in the americans with disabilities act. | 在美国残疾人法案里 |
[27:47] | yes, i helped formulate the federal law enacted in 1990. | 是 我在1990年帮助建立了这项联邦法律 |
[27:51] | i have subseently consulted | 因此国会和就业机会均等委员会 |
[27:52] | with both congress and the eeoc on its application. | 都会咨询我的意见 |
[27:56] | my client, a waitress, was fired because she gained 50 pounds. | 我的当事人 一位女招待 因为增重50磅被解雇了 |
[28:00] | does the law apply to her? | 这部法律对她适用吗 |
[28:01] | absolutely. | 当然了 |
[28:02] | under the subsection “perceived disabilities.” | 符合定义 “被认定的残疾” |
[28:05] | although your client was still able to wait on customers, | 虽然你的当事人仍然可以等招待客人 |
[28:08] | her employer perceived her to be disabled, | 但是由于她的体重 |
[28:11] | – due to her weight. – stop! | – 她的雇主认为她是残疾 – 别说了! |
[28:14] | please, i want this to stop. | 拜托了 不要再继续下去 |
[28:15] | – lucy. – i need to speak with you. | – 我要和你谈谈 |
[28:19] | your honor, i need a moment. | 法官大人 我需要点时间 |
[28:21] | you certainly do. | 当然行 |
[28:27] | lucy! lucy! | |
[28:32] | the other waitresses, the owner of the sun bar, | 别的服务员 太阳吧的老板 |
[28:35] | even my friends – | 甚至我的朋友… |
[28:36] | they all judge me for letting myself go. | 他们都因为我放任自己而评判我 |
[28:39] | but last year, my husband left me. | 但是去年 我丈夫离我而去 |
[28:42] | with two kids, i don’t have time to go to the gym, | 带着两个孩子 我没时间去锻炼 |
[28:44] | and i eat when i’m stressed. | 我有压力的时候我就吃 |
[28:45] | – lucy,i understand, but – – i am not disabled. | – Lucy 我明白 但是… – 我不是残疾人 |
[28:49] | and i don’t want you saying that i am. | 而且我不想让你说我是 |
[28:51] | no, it’s just a legal strategy, and it’s worked before. | 不是 这只是一个策略 以前也管用过 |
[28:53] | i don’t care about the other cases! | 我不管别的案子! |
[28:56] | why didn’t you discuss this expert with me? | 这专家的事儿你为什么不事先跟我商量一下? |
[28:59] | i realize dr. sandler’s comments can be hurtful – | 我明白Sandler医生的评价会伤人 |
[29:02] | but you didn’t tell me because you knew i’d get mad. | 但是你没有告诉我 因为你知道我会生气 |
[29:05] | no, i want to win this case for you. | 不 我想为你赢了这个案子 |
[29:09] | mnh-mnh.i don’t know you that well… | 嗯 嗯 我虽然不很了解你 |
[29:12] | but i think you’re better than that. | 但是我觉得你比那强多了 |
[29:28] | oh, if it isn’t miss busybody. | 哦 这不是大忙人小姐吗 |
[29:30] | – not now, kim. – jane… | – 我现在没心情 Kim… |
[29:33] | if you have any further insight into my case | 如果你对我的案子还有什么意见 |
[29:35] | and feel the need to share with grayson, don’t. | 觉得该和Grayson谈谈 劝你死了那条心 |
[29:38] | i was just trying to help. | 我只是想帮忙 |
[29:39] | oh, so you were trying to be sweet – | 哦 你只是想当好人… |
[29:41] | like a pop-tart or a cupcake. | 像水果蛋糕或是小杯蛋糕 |
[29:43] | what do you want me to say? | 你想让我说什么? |
[29:45] | “i’m sorry for offering you a better legal argument | “对不起 为你的案子” |
[29:47] | for your case”? | “提供了更好的法律论据”? |
[29:48] | – well, i’m not. – jane! | – 我可不抱歉 |
[29:51] | you.walk with me. | 你 跟我来 |
[29:55] | you owe the firm $6,000. | 你欠公司六千块钱 |
[29:57] | that’s how much it cost to fly in an expert witness. | 请一个专家飞过来作证人就是这么贵 |
[29:59] | he wasn’t my idea. | 让他来可不是我的主意 |
[30:00] | you should have anticipated your client’s reaction. | 你该预料到你当事人的反应的 |
[30:02] | why? because you know how she thinks. | – 为什么呢? – 因为你知道她会怎么想 |
[30:04] | oh, because you think we’re both big? | 哦 因为你认为我俩都很大支? |
[30:07] | that’s right. | 是这样 |
[30:08] | – i’m gonna deliver the closing for you. – no! | – 我来帮你做结尾陈辞 – 不! |
[30:10] | you don’t say no to a managing partner. | 你不能跟一个主理合伙人说不 |
[30:12] | when a lawyer is swapped out mid-trial, | 如果一个律师被中途换掉 |
[30:14] | it throws the jury. | 陪审团会有看法 |
[30:15] | and a new lawyer could alienate our client, | 新律师会疏远我们的委托人 |
[30:17] | who’s already upset with our strategy. | 我们的委托人对现在的策略已经很失望了 |
[30:19] | i’m willing to take that risk. | 我愿意冒一下这个险 |
[30:20] | – i took a bullet for you! – come on. | – 我可是帮你挡了一枪哟! – 得了吧 |
[30:23] | i haven’t gotten upset or angry or missed a day of work. | 我从没有失望 生气 或者缺勤一天 |
[30:27] | but you owe me, | 但你欠我的 |
[30:28] | and i will deliver this closing. | 我会做结案陈辞的 |
[30:38] | hello, designers. | 设计师们 大家好 |
[30:39] | – hi.hi.hi. – welcome to the runway. | – 嗨 嗨 嗨 – 欢迎来到T台 |
[30:43] | there are 16 of you here, and after tonight, | 现在你们有16人 今晚过后 |
[30:45] | there will be 15. | 会剩下15个 |
[30:47] | all right, let’s meet the judges. | 好了 我们来见见评委 |
[30:48] | i just came to get a few things. | 我只是来拿点东西 |
[30:55] | as you know, in fashion, one day you’re in, | 你们知道的 在时尚圈 今天你还引领潮流 |
[30:57] | and the next day you’re out. | 明天就落伍了 |
[31:00] | heidi grew out her bangs! | Heidi留了刘海! |
[31:01] | i know. she looks amazing. | 我知道 她看起来美极了 |
[31:04] | wait.we’re in a fight. | 等等 我们还在冷战中 |
[31:18] | i still know what the cookies mean. | 我还知道曲奇意味着什么 |
[31:20] | one cookie – you blew out your credit card | 一块–你的信用卡刷爆 |
[31:22] | on a pair of jeans without checking out the rear view. | 就为了买一条没注意穿起来后 屁股状况的牛仔裤 |
[31:26] | two – the guy you hooked up with hasn’t called. | 两块–你钓的小伙子就没打电话 |
[31:30] | three – you just found cellulite in a thigh crease. | 三块–你在大腿折痕里看到了脂肪 |
[31:40] | four? i have never seen four. | 四块? 我从来没见你吃过四块 |
[31:44] | it means i feel awful. | 意味着我感觉很不好 |
[31:45] | i am so sorry. | 太对不起了 |
[31:47] | no. you were just trying to help. | 不 你只是想帮忙 |
[31:49] | i just have to take this all in my own time. | 我只是必须自己全部承受了 |
[31:54] | everyone out there is judging me. | 别人都在评判我 |
[31:56] | i’m judging me. | 我自己也在评判自己 |
[31:58] | and i just need to know that my best friend doesn’t. | 我只想知道 我最好的朋友没有这样 |
[32:01] | i’m not judging, but… | 我不是评判 但是… |
[32:04] | i’m scared i’m losing you, all right? | 我很害怕失去你 好吧? |
[32:07] | what are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊? |
[32:09] | you’re smart now. | 现在你变聪明了 |
[32:11] | you have an office and an assistant. | 你有办公室有助理 |
[32:14] | you have a business card, | 你还有名片 |
[32:15] | your photo is on your credit card, | 你的信用卡上有照片 |
[32:16] | and i bet you even have a library card. | 我敢说你还有图书馆的卡 |
[32:20] | you’re, like, important, | 就像 你是要人了 |
[32:22] | and important people don’t have time for me. | 重要的人没时间跟我在一起 |
[32:24] | that’s crazy, stacy. | 别胡说 Stacy |
[32:26] | people take one look at this body, | 人们一看到这个身体 |
[32:29] | and they think they’re better than i am. | 他们就觉得比我强 |
[32:31] | you get a free pass. | 你有自由通行权 |
[32:33] | a free pass to what? | 通行去哪里? |
[32:36] | everyone thinks i’m a dumb blonde. | 人人都觉得我是笨金发女郎 |
[32:39] | and you know what? they’re right. | 你知道吗 他们是对的 |
[32:43] | come on. | 别胡说 |
[32:44] | you are so not blonde. | 你可不是金发 |
[32:51] | – come here. – mm. | – 过来 – 嗯 |
[32:54] | don’t move out, please. | 不要搬出去 好吗 |
[32:56] | you sure you still want me – all of me? | 你确定想留下我–我所有一切? 我当然想 |
[33:04] | okay, let’s celebrate. | 好吧 我们来庆祝一下 |
[33:07] | we’ll go out clubbing, | 我们去泡吧 |
[33:08] | and i promise not to change your drink order. | 我保证不再改你的酒单了 |
[33:10] | i don’t think so. | 我不想去 |
[33:12] | come on. it’ll be like old times. | 来吧 都会像以前一样的 |
[33:14] | stacy, it can’t be like old times. | Stacy 不会像以前一样了 |
[33:18] | i-i don’t feel comfortable at clubs. | 我–我在酒吧里觉得不舒服 |
[33:22] | it’s one thing not to fit in, but i actually stand out. | 不适应是一回事 但其实我挺显眼的 |
[33:27] | i guess i understand, but… it doesn’t seem fair. | 我想我明白 但…这不公平 |
[33:33] | oh! you’re right! | 噢! 你说得对! |
[33:37] | it doesn’t seem fair. | 这不公平 |
[33:38] | it’s not even close to fair! | 丝毫不公平! |
[33:44] | why are you acting all wacky? | 你为什么这么奇怪? |
[33:46] | i think you just gave me my closing argument. | 我想你刚刚给了我结案陈辞的材料 |
[33:49] | – i did? – yeah. thanks. | – 有吗 – 对 谢谢 |
[33:53] | ?? | 不客气 |
[33:59] | recently, i went to the sun bar, | 最近 我去过太阳酒吧 |
[34:03] | and i saw the place through a fresh set of eyes. | 我用全新的眼光观察了这个地方 |
[34:09] | no female employee was larger than a size 4, | 没有一个女服务生的尺码大过4的 |
[34:13] | and you know what? | 你们知道吗 |
[34:15] | i…felt uncomfortable. | 我…感觉不好 |
[34:19] | no wonder the owner is worried about profits. | 毫无疑问店主是关心利益 |
[34:21] | he’s promoting this narrow-minded view of sexy. | 他用这种狭隘的性感标准来促销 |
[34:25] | if the sun bar really wants to make money, | 如果太阳酒吧真想赚钱 |
[34:28] | then maybe they should make all of us feel welcome. | 也许应该让所有人都感到受欢迎 |
[34:34] | at this point, i would like to ask my friends in the gallery | 在这一点上 我想问我在画廊的朋友们 |
[34:38] | to please stand up. | 请起立 |
[34:45] | what’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[34:46] | just making my closing, counselor. | 只是在做结案陈辞 顾问 |
[34:50] | all of these women are size 14, | 这些女性都是14号 |
[34:53] | the average for a woman in america today. | 今天美国女性的平均尺寸 |
[34:57] | however, based on the sun bar’s definition of sexy, | 但是 根据太阳酒吧的性感标准 |
[35:01] | none of these women would be hired. | 这些女性都不会被雇佣 |
[35:03] | that is wrong. | 这是错误的 |
[35:07] | you know that federal laws protect us | 你们知道联邦法律保护我们 |
[35:09] | based on race, religion, | 不论种族 信仰 |
[35:11] | sex, age, veteran status, disability, and national origin. | 性别 年龄 服役与否 残疾 民族 |
[35:17] | but what about size? | 那么身材呢? |
[35:22] | well, san francisco, washington, d.c., and santa cruz | 旧金山 华盛顿和圣克鲁斯 |
[35:25] | have all passed laws outlawing discrimination | 都出台了相应法律 |
[35:28] | based on weight. | 禁止歧视体重 |
[35:30] | and now you have an opportunity to extend that protection to lucy. | 现在你们有机会 |
[35:34] | and now you have an opportunity to extend that protection to lucy. | 把这种保护沿用到Lucy身上 |
[35:39] | thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:50] | wait. i-i’m not – i’m not done yet. | 等等 我还没–我还没说完 |
[35:56] | have you noticed that people have euphemisms | 你们注意到人们用委婉的词 |
[35:59] | for being overweight? | 来代替肥胖这个词吗 |
[36:02] | large and plus-sized, | 大块头 加大号 |
[36:05] | full-figured and rubenesque. | 丰满 富态 |
[36:08] | and no one, not even me… | 没人 甚至我自己都… |
[36:12] | …especially not me… | …尤其是我自己… |
[36:14] | wants to say the word “fat.” | 想说”胖”这个词 |
[36:20] | but “fat” is only pejorative | 但”胖”只在 |
[36:23] | when we allow places like the sun bar | 我们容忍太阳酒吧那样 |
[36:27] | to tell us that being fat somehow makes us less of a person. | 告诉我们胖就低人一等的时候有贬低意味 |
[36:33] | tell the sun bar that being fat is not cause for being fired. | 让太阳酒吧知道 胖不是被解雇的理由 |
[36:40] | thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:55] | we believe our client’s kidney donation can be equated | 我们相信委托人的肾捐赠可以被一视同仁 |
[36:58] | with the sacrifice that one spouse makes for another. | 被看作是配偶为另一方的奉献 |
[37:02] | like a wife who supports her husband through medical school. | 就像是妻子为了支持丈夫上完医学院 |
[37:06] | that being said – | 说– |
[37:06] | okay. that’s it! i’ve had enough! | 好了 够了! 我受够了! |
[37:09] | – let me handle this. – you can have it back. | – 让我来处理 – 你可以拿回去了 |
[37:10] | what? what – what are you talking about? | 什么? 你–你在说什么? |
[37:12] | when i needed a transplant, | 我需要移植手术时 |
[37:13] | my sister was too young to consent, | 我妹妹太小不能签同意书 |
[37:15] | but she is a match, and she’s agreed. | 但是适合 她也同意了 |
[37:16] | – no, no, that’s too risky. – i don’t care. | – 不不 这太冒险了 – 我不管 |
[37:18] | mindy – i want to get on with my life. | Mindy–我想继续过日子 |
[37:23] | maybe chad’s not ready to move on with his. | 也许Chad还没有准备好继续他的生活 |
[37:25] | he doesn’t want his kidney back. he never did. | 他不想要回肾脏从没有 |
[37:27] | he gave it to you because he loved you, | 他捐给你是因为爱你 |
[37:29] | and asking for money – that was our idea. | 要钱–是我们的主意 |
[37:34] | what he said – is that true, chad? | 他说的–是真的吗 Chad? |
[37:39] | i was so happy. | 我很高兴 |
[37:42] | i thought you were, too. | 我以为你也是 |
[37:43] | i would have done anything for you. | 我愿意为你做任何事情 |
[37:49] | you are a wonderful husband… | 你是个很好的丈夫.. |
[37:52] | and a good man, | 是个很好的男人 |
[37:53] | and my friends think i’m crazy to leave you, but… | 朋友认为我离开你很疯狂 但… |
[37:56] | you gave me a second chance on life, | 你给了我第二次生命 |
[37:58] | and i love you for it. | 我因此爱你 |
[38:00] | but it’s not enough of a reason for us to stay together. | 但这还不足以成为生活在一起的理由 |
[38:03] | you remember me as i was. | 你印象中的还是以前的我 |
[38:06] | i need to move on. | 我需要前行 |
[38:11] | you can keep the kidney. | 你可以留着肾 |
[38:12] | what? | 什么? |
[38:14] | – are you sure? – yeah. | – 你确定? – 似的 |
[38:17] | at least a part of me will always be with you. | 至少我的一部分会永远伴随你 |
[38:25] | – jane. – hi. | – 嗨 |
[38:27] | the verdict came back quick. is that good or bad? | 判决很快下来了 是好是坏? |
[38:30] | it could go either way. | 两种都有可能 |
[38:33] | whatever happens, thanks for representing me. | 不管怎么样 谢谢你为我辩护 |
[38:36] | not just the case but me, the fat girl. | 不只是为了这个案子 还为我这个胖姑娘谢你 |
[38:41] | ms. bingum? | Bingum女士? |
[38:45] | we’d like to settle. | 我们想要和解 |
[38:48] | i don’t think so. | 我不同意 |
[38:50] | jane, they’re offering lucy her job, | Jane 他们重新给Lucy提供工作 |
[38:52] | with back pay. | 还支付欠薪 |
[38:53] | it’s a good start, but no. | 这是个好的开始 但是不行 |
[38:55] | see, those large ladies from my closing | 那些我结案陈词时出现的大号女士们 |
[38:58] | just applied to be waitresses at the sun bar. | 刚刚申请做太阳酒吧的服务员 |
[39:02] | you told them to apply, didn’t you? | 你让她们去申请的 对吗 |
[39:05] | guilty. | 罪过呀 |
[39:06] | oh, and if i win this case | 如果我赢了这案子 |
[39:08] | and the jury defines weight as a protected class, | 陪审团把体重也做为一项保护条款 |
[39:10] | i will file another suit – | 我会再次起诉- |
[39:11] | a class action. | 共同起诉 |
[39:12] | and those women will be my reps, | 那些女士就会成为我的代表 |
[39:14] | and the plaintiff pool will extend to every fat girl | 原告团就会延伸到每个 |
[39:16] | you’ve ever turned away from a job – | 你们拒绝提供工作的胖女孩- |
[39:17] | and i’m guessing there’s more than a few. | 我猜这些人不会少 |
[39:19] | what do you want? | 你想怎么样? |
[39:21] | 20% pay raise, no loss in seniority, | 加薪20% 工龄不作为减薪标准 |
[39:23] | and a commitment against discrimination based on body type. | 还要做出承诺不对身材歧视 |
[39:32] | deal. | 成交 |
[39:41] | okay. | 好的 |
[39:53] | – hey. | – hey.how’d you find me out here? – 嗨 – 嗨 你怎么在这里找到我的? |
[39:57] | did you use your powers? | 用你的超能力了? |
[39:59] | – i told you – – i’m kidding. | – 我告诉过你– – 开玩笑呢 |
[40:01] | you weren’t in your office, | 你不在办公室 |
[40:03] | and i, uh, know you like fresh air. | 我 呃 知道你爱新鲜空气 |
[40:07] | relaxable side panels… | 弹性侧网… |
[40:09] | less pinchy. | 没那么扎人 |
[40:12] | you came out here to give me a bra? | 你出来是为了给我一个胸罩? |
[40:15] | well, that and to say congrats. | 呃 还要恭喜你 |
[40:17] | i just heard the service workers union | 我刚听说服务业工会跟公司 |
[40:19] | signed a long-term deal with the firm. | 签了一份长期协议 |
[40:22] | parker is beyond thrilled. | Parker非常激动 |
[40:25] | what about you? | 你呢? |
[40:27] | fred… | |
[40:29] | i told those women that i could relate to them, | 我告诉那些女人我跟她们一起相处 |
[40:33] | but i don’t feel like a fat girl. | 但我并不觉得我像个胖女孩 |
[40:36] | i feel thin and pretty, | 我觉得苗条漂亮 |
[40:39] | even though no one sees me like that. | 即使没有人那样觉得 |
[40:43] | and i’m mad at myself for letting it bother me. | 我生自己的气 因为我放任它困扰着我 |
[40:49] | i don’t think you’re mad at yourself. | 我觉得你没有对自己生气 |
[40:51] | i think you’re mad at deb. | 你是对Deb生气 |
[40:52] | she would’ve given jane the body check | 她不应该对Jane品头论足 |
[40:54] | and walked right by. | 熟视无睹 |
[40:55] | you got to forgive her, jane. | 你不得不原谅她 Jane |
[40:58] | forgive and forget. | 既往不咎 |
[41:00] | but i don’t want to forget her. | 但是我不想忘掉 |
[41:02] | i mean, i may not always like deb, | 我是说 也许我不总像Deb一样 |
[41:04] | but – but she’s – she’s right here. | 但–但她–在这里 |
[41:09] | and she’s not all bad. | 她也不是一无是处 |
[41:15] | well, i know that jane likes to eat | 我知道Jane喜欢吃东西 |
[41:18] | and deb liked to drink. | Deb喜欢喝两杯 |
[41:20] | so i think you’re both about to be really happy. | 所以我觉得你们都会很高兴的 |
[41:24] | what are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[41:27] | the partners are inside with champagne and cake. | 同事们买来了香槟和蛋糕来了 |
[41:35] | enjoy the moment. | 享受这一刻吧 |
[41:37] | after all, you only live…twice. | 毕竟 你只活…两次 |
[41:40] | life is my creation | |
[41:43] | it’s my best friend | |
[41:45] | imagination is my defense | |
[41:50] | and i’ll keep walking | |
[41:52] | when skies are gray | |
[41:54] | whatever happens was meant that way | |
[59:15] | whatever happens was meant that way |