时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | 本剧基于真实事件改编 部分内容为戏剧创作原因进行虚构 虚构部分与任何现实人物或实体无关 | |
[00:27] | 2012年12月 莱加西医疗中心 | |
[00:41] | 弗里斯克市 莱加西外科中心 | |
[01:08] | 伊莲·约翰逊 重症监护 克里斯托弗·邓奇医生 | |
[01:15] | Happy holidays, Mrs. Johnson. | 节日快乐 约翰逊太太 |
[01:18] | Or are you more of a “Merry Christmas” gal? | 还是你更喜欢”圣诞快乐”的说法 |
[01:21] | I need to make sure | 我是来确认 |
[01:21] | you’re getting the right blend of tequila. | 你的用药无误 |
[01:26] | My name is Dr. Randall Kirby. | 我是兰德尔·科比医生 |
[01:28] | I’m here because your doctor | 由我前来巡诊的原因 |
[01:30] | with the warm and fuzzy bedside manner couldn’t make it. | 是你那爱嘘寒问暖的主治医生来不了 |
[01:36] | Your husband, Tom, tells me that you’re a fighter, so… | 你的丈夫汤姆说你是个斗士 所以 |
[01:40] | if it’s okay with you, I’m just gonna let her rip. | 如果你同意 我就实话实说了 |
[01:48] | You came in for a cervical surgery with Dr. Duntsch | 几天前 你原本是来让邓奇医生 |
[01:51] | a few days ago to remove a disc. | 做颈椎手术切除椎间盘 |
[01:54] | Do you remember that? | 你还记得吗 |
[01:56] | Do you remember going home, | 你是否还记得回家之后 |
[01:58] | telling your husband that you couldn’t swallow, | 告诉丈夫你无法吞咽 |
[02:00] | and then you got a fever? | 然后就开始发烧 |
[02:03] | Well, you called Dr. Duntsch, | 你给邓奇医生打电话 |
[02:06] | who told you that everything was normal | 可他告诉你这些都很正常 |
[02:09] | and that your fever was from the flu. | 你发烧是因为流感 |
[02:12] | Then he stopped taking your calls. | 然后他就再也不接电话 |
[02:18] | Your fever wasn’t from the flu. | 你发烧不是因为流感 |
[02:20] | It was from an infection moving towards your heart. | 而是因为有感染 而且在向心脏发展 |
[02:24] | Now, we’ve had that PICC line pumping antibiotics | 从你入院以来 我们就通过置入中心静脉导管 |
[02:27] | into your superior vena cava since you got here. | 向你的腔静脉输入抗生素 |
[02:30] | You’ve turned a corner, but now we need to deal | 现在情况已经有所改观 但我们还需要 |
[02:32] | with the other issues from Dr. Duntsch’s surgery. | 处理邓奇医生手术导致的其他问题 |
[02:36] | That crazy straw coming out of your nose | 现在插入你鼻腔的导管 |
[02:39] | is draining stomach acid | 是为了抽出胃酸 |
[02:40] | from a hole Duntsch cut in your esophagus. | 因为邓奇在你的食管上切开了一个洞 |
[02:44] | That’s why you couldn’t swallow. | 所以你无法吞咽 |
[02:47] | As for the surgery Duntsch was supposed to perform, | 说到邓奇原本应该为你实施的手术 |
[02:51] | he failed to remove the disc. | 他没能切除椎间盘 |
[02:53] | He left it lodged in your spine. | 而是将其留在了你的脊椎内 |
[02:57] | The hardware he was supposed to attach | 而他原本应该链接颈椎用的植入物 |
[03:01] | scattered in there like a bag of leftover screws | 像装完宜家书架后用剩的螺钉一样 |
[03:04] | from an IKEA bookshelf. | 散落体内 |
[03:14] | He sliced through a nerve to your vocal cord. | 他切断了你声带的一条神经 |
[03:21] | We can’t fix that. | 我们已经无法修复 |
[03:29] | This never should have happened. | 这一切本不应该发生 |
[03:42] | I apologize to you and to your family. | 我向你和你的家人郑重道歉 |
[03:51] | I promise I will make sure this never happens to anyone else. | 并向你保证这种事不会在发生在其他人身上 |
[03:57] | Um, Tom wanted me to discuss a family matter with you. | 汤姆想让我和你商量一件家事 |
[04:02] | Your children are in town for the holidays, | 你的孩子们都来这里过节 |
[04:04] | and you don’t want them to visit. | 但你不希望他们来探视 |
[04:05] | He’s hoping that you would change your mind about that. | 他希望你能改变这个想法 |
[04:22] | I’ll fend them off if you provide the stick. | 只要你同意 我会把他们挡在病房外 |
[04:28] | I’m so sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[04:41] | 死亡医师 第三集 | |
[04:46] | Hey, thanks for coming. | 感谢你前来 |
[04:48] | It’s, uh, nice to show a united front with these jackasses. | 能在这些混账们面前统一战线真不错 |
[04:55] | – Dr. Kirby. – Dr. Lockett. | -科比医生 -洛基特医生 |
[04:57] | He’s the CEO here. This is Dr. Robert Henderson. | 他是这里的首席执行官 这是亨德森医生 |
[05:00] | He’s my crime-fighting partner in crime. | 他是我打击犯罪的搭档 |
[05:03] | Yeah, uh… | 好吧 |
[05:05] | would you follow me, please? | 两位请随我来 |
[05:16] | Duntsch never operates here again. | 邓奇再也不会在这做手术了 |
[05:19] | Well, I guess we can call it a night, then. | 今晚讨论可以就此结束了 |
[05:21] | No harm, no foul. | 没有伤害 就不算犯规 |
[05:23] | How did you come to hire him? | 你们之前怎么会聘用他 |
[05:26] | We needed a neurosurgeon on staff | 我们当时需要一位神经外科医生 |
[05:28] | and performed all due diligence. | 也进行了所有尽职调查 |
[05:31] | You just missed that teeny-tiny detail | 就是没发现在达拉斯医疗中心 |
[05:33] | about the two dead bodies at Dallas Medical | 和贝勒普莱诺医院的两起死亡 |
[05:34] | and Baylor-Plano, but who’s counting? | 这么个小问题 但谁又会在乎呢 |
[05:36] | We inquired with the Texas Medical Board. | 我们咨询了得州医委会 |
[05:38] | We checked the National Practitioners Data Bank… | 我们查了国家行医执业者资料库 |
[05:40] | – Continue. – To see if he was ever suspended. | -继续说 -为了看他是否停过职 |
[05:42] | He wasn’t, no complaints. | 他确实没有 也没有投诉 |
[05:45] | So neither Baylor-Plano | 所以贝勒普莱诺医院 |
[05:46] | nor Dallas Medical reported him? | 和达拉斯医疗中心都没举报他 |
[05:49] | No. | 没有 |
[05:50] | Look, had we known, we never would have hired him, | 听着 要是我们知道肯定不会聘用他 |
[05:51] | plain and simple. | 简单明了 |
[05:54] | He even came with a clean letter from Baylor. | 他甚至提供了贝勒普莱诺医院的推荐信 |
[06:00] | “All investigations with respect to any areas | “与克里斯托弗·D·邓奇医生有关的 |
[06:02] | of concern regarding Christopher D. Duntsch, M.D. | 在所有领域的相关调查 |
[06:05] | have been closed.” | 均已结束” |
[06:07] | “As of this date, there have been no summary | “截至本信出具之日 邓奇医生 |
[06:09] | or administrative restrictions or suspensions | 在普莱诺贝勒医疗中心行医期间 |
[06:10] | of Dr. Duntsch’s medical staff membership | 不存在任何与其行医人员身份 |
[06:12] | or clinical privileges | 或其行医资格有关的 |
[06:14] | during the time he has practiced | 行政处罚或停职记录 |
[06:15] | at Baylor Medical Center at Plano.” | 特此证明” |
[06:19] | Dr. Henderson, tell me… | 亨德森医生 告诉我 |
[06:23] | you’re in my position. | 如果你在我的位置 |
[06:26] | What would you have done? | 你会怎么做 |
[06:33] | They warned ’em– | 有人警告过他们 |
[06:34] | this nurse, Preston’s her name, she and some other somebody. | 有一位护士 叫普雷斯顿 她和另一个人 |
[06:37] | – Who? – I don’t know. | -谁 -我不知道 |
[06:38] | A scrub tech. It doesn’t matter. | 是位器械技术人员 不过都无所谓 |
[06:39] | They warned the administration about Duntsch. | 他们就邓奇向管理层发出过警告 |
[06:41] | They looked him up on the Internet. | 他们在互联网上搜索过他 |
[06:43] | They found a ton of crap about him. | 找到了很多爆料 |
[06:44] | I’m not talking good crap. | 我说的可不是好的爆料 |
[06:45] | I’m talking he’s a crappy surgeon. | 而是说他是个烂医生的爆料 |
[06:46] | – I get it. – Here’s the kicker. | -知道了 -下面才精彩 |
[06:48] | When they went to show them | 当举报人们把互联网看到的内容 |
[06:49] | what was on the Internet, it was all gone. | 给医院看的时候 发现信息都没了 |
[06:51] | Everything negative about him, completely wiped way. | 一切他的负面信息 完全被抹掉 |
[06:53] | Well, how does somebody do that? | 这是怎么做到的 |
[06:55] | I don’t know–hacking’s not really my area of expertise. | 我也不知道 黑客不是我擅长的领域 |
[06:57] | The point is they warned them, and they blew it off. | 问题在于他们警告了医院 却被当成耳旁风 |
[07:00] | Due diligence. | 说什么尽职调查 |
[07:01] | We’re up against a citadel of bullshit here. | 我们对付的是一大堆垃圾 |
[07:03] | Most ass-covering- | 最能甩锅的那种 |
[07:05] | In fact, I should use this to wipe my ass. | 说起来 我应该拿这张破纸擦屁股 |
[07:07] | Definitely… | 完全是 |
[07:08] | Written by lawyers. Yeah. | 律师执笔 对 |
[07:10] | Are we completing each other’s sentences now? | 我们现在都默契到可以帮对方接下句了吗 |
[07:15] | I’m going to see Amy Piel over at Baylor. | 我要去见贝勒医院的的艾米·皮尔 |
[07:19] | – You give me a ride? – Jag’s right this way. | -能送我一程吗 -车就停这边 |
[07:57] | So? | 怎么样 |
[07:59] | They’re gonna grant me privileges to operate. | 他们会批准给我手术权 |
[08:02] | They’re gonna grant, or they have granted? | 他们会批准 还是已经批准 |
[08:06] | They are going to grant me privileges | 只要他们看了我的 |
[08:08] | when they see my roster of patients. | 患者等候名单就会批准 |
[08:13] | Don’t-It’s- | 别这样 这 |
[08:16] | It’s not a big deal, Wendy. | 这没什么大不了 温蒂 |
[08:18] | I have a ton of patients. | 我有那么多患者 |
[08:20] | All I got to do is make a couple calls. | 我只需要打几个电话就能成 |
[08:22] | Well, that place looks like a Port-a-Potty. | 那地方看着像流动厕所 |
[08:24] | Not like Baylor. | 不像贝勒医疗中心 |
[08:25] | – Fuck Baylor. – Yeah, fuck Baylor. | -去他的贝勒 -没错 去他的贝勒 |
[08:27] | Fuck Dallas Medical. | 去他的达拉斯医疗中心 |
[08:29] | Fuck whatever that last one was, | 还有之前你待了两周的地方 |
[08:30] | that Legacy Frisco place you were at for, like, two weeks. | 什么弗里斯克的莱加西中心 |
[08:35] | It’s been quite the fucking year. | 这一年可真行 |
[08:36] | Can you just drive me to my clinic, please? | 送我去诊所就好 行吗 |
[08:43] | – Where does it end, Chris? – Oh, my God. | -这还有个头吗 克里斯 -我的天 |
[08:45] | Wendy, I’m handling it, okay? | 温蒂 我在处理了 好吗 |
[08:48] | You left me, remember that? | 你离开了我 还记得吗 |
[08:49] | I don’t feel sorry for you. | 我才不为你难过 |
[08:51] | Why don’t you go fuck your nurse again? | 你怎么不回去操你的护士呢 |
[08:53] | Maybe she’ll make you feel better. | 说不定她能让你好受点 |
[08:56] | I’m driving your sorry ass around, | 我开车送你这个烂人 |
[08:58] | not because I trust you or because I’m here for you… | 不是因为相信你 不是因为支持你 |
[09:02] | but because I can’t let you mess things up for him. | 是因为我不能任由你搞砸儿子的生活 |
[09:35] | Can I come by this weekend? | 我这周末能过来吗 |
[09:37] | Why don’t you make a call to your roster of patients? | 不如你去给自己的患者打电话吧 |
[09:40] | Then we’ll talk. | 然后我们再谈 |
[10:01] | It’s from my dad. | 我爸给你的 |
[10:36] | Mrs. Demmings. | 丹明斯女士 |
[10:39] | How’s that Scheuermann’s kyphosis coming along? | 你的休门脊柱后突怎么样了 |
[10:41] | Is the tingling in your legs pretty consistent? | 腿还是一直刺痛吗 |
[10:44] | I can’t stand long enough to hold my grandbabies now. | 我站不久 连抱孙子都不行 |
[10:46] | And it started in your teens? | 你从十几岁就开始刺痛 |
[10:49] | Had no pain until two years ago. | 这两年才觉得疼 |
[10:53] | The problem is these two vertebrae right here– | 问题在于这两块椎骨 |
[10:57] | T7 and T8. | 胸椎T7和T8 |
[10:58] | – The ones sticking out. – Exactly right. | -突出的这几块 -完全正确 |
[11:01] | It’s actually the discs in between them. | 其实是它们中间的椎间盘出了问题 |
[11:03] | Spinal discs are like natural shock absorbers, | 椎间盘就像天然的减震器 |
[11:05] | and when they’re healthy, | 健康情况下 |
[11:06] | they kind of have the consistency of rubber. | 它们的质地就像橡胶 |
[11:09] | But when they get diseased, they harden, | 但一旦生病 它们就会变硬 |
[11:11] | and these two are pushing those vertebrae | 这两块正把你的椎骨 |
[11:13] | right into your spinal cord. | 推向脊髓 |
[11:15] | Every doctor I see said there’s nothing they can do. | 我看了那么多医生 他们都说无能为力 |
[11:18] | Well, you haven’t seen me yet. | 那是因为你还没遇见我 |
[11:22] | What are you saying? | 你是什么意思 |
[11:24] | Well, your preexisting kyphosis is an issue, | 你既往的脊柱后突是个问题 |
[11:28] | – but there are new ways– – Surgery. | -但是有新办法 -手术呗 |
[11:30] | It’s minimally invasive. | 微创手术 |
[11:32] | A thoracoscopic anterior spinal fusion. | 胸腔镜下脊柱前路融合术 |
[11:35] | We make a small incision, about the size of a dime. | 我们开一个小切口 就像一角硬币那么大 |
[11:38] | We go in there and pull out the bad discs, | 探进去 取出受损的椎间盘 |
[11:40] | and then we fuse the vertebrae together with a plate. | 再用钢板把脊椎融合在一起 |
[11:42] | And that’s it. | 就完事了 |
[11:44] | One surgery? | 就一次手术 |
[11:46] | In and out in about two hours. | 前后一共两小时 |
[11:48] | You wake up–no pain, no tingling, | 你一觉醒来 不疼了 刺痛消失 |
[11:49] | and you’re about a good inch taller. | 你还能长高两三公分 |
[11:51] | It–it straightens out the curvature of the spine. | 因为手术会拉直脊柱的曲率 |
[11:53] | So the bad news is, you’re gonna have to bend down | 但坏消息是 你得往下再弯弯腰 |
[11:55] | a little bit lower to pick up those grandbabies. | 才能抱起来孙子 |
[11:57] | Can I have a word with you? | 我能跟你说句话吗 |
[12:03] | I get that you’re the golden boy around here, | 我知道你在这边很受欢迎 |
[12:04] | but you’re a resident. | 但你是住院医生 |
[12:06] | These are not your patients, yet. | 他们目前还不是你的患者 |
[12:09] | I’m just presenting her her options. | 我只是给她个选项 |
[12:11] | You gave her a fantasy. | 你给了她幻想 |
[12:12] | With her kyphosis, she’s not a candidate. | 她有脊柱后突 不能做那种手术 |
[12:14] | Raising her hopes is unethical and cruel. | 给她不切实际的希望 残忍且不道德 |
[12:17] | I spent all night researching this. | 我整晚都在研究这个 |
[12:22] | You diagnosed her off of Google? | 你去谷歌搜诊断 |
[12:23] | Just look at it. | 你先看看 |
[12:25] | It’s a case from NYU– worse than hers. | 是个纽约大学的病例 比她情况更糟 |
[12:29] | I can show you how to do it. | 我可以给你讲怎么治 |
[12:31] | Just look. | 你看 |
[12:31] | Look, all anterior decompressing arthrodesis. | 这都是前路减压关节融合术 |
[12:36] | See the end plate? | 看见脊椎软骨终板了吗 |
[12:38] | See the retractor? You see the angle? | 看见牵开器了吗 看到这个角度了吗 |
[12:49] | When the presenting symptoms are pain, | 当患者呈现出疼痛 行动不便 |
[12:52] | decreased mobility, headaches, and speech dysphasia, | 头痛和言语障碍这些症状 |
[12:56] | what would your differential diagnosis include? | 各位的鉴别诊断都包括什么 |
[12:59] | Cervical stenosis? | 颈椎管狭窄 |
[13:01] | Are you asking or stating? | 你是在问还是在答 |
[13:03] | Either way, it’s incorrect. | 无论是问是答 都不对 |
[13:05] | Eventually… you’ll want to decide | 你们最后总要决定自己的出路 |
[13:08] | if you’re Semmes-Murphey fellows | 是从赛姆斯墨菲神经脊柱研究所毕业 |
[13:09] | or Semmes-Murphey dropouts. | 还是从赛姆斯墨菲辍学 |
[13:12] | – Dr. Skadden? Excuse me. – Christopher, yes. | -斯卡顿医生 借过 -克里斯托弗 |
[13:16] | I was– | 我想请问 |
[13:17] | wondering if I’d read your proposal on obtaining | 我是否看了你的提案 关于椎间盘干细胞 |
[13:19] | and culturing disc stem cells? | 提取及培养 |
[13:22] | – Yes. – Eliminates the need for extraction. | -对 -省去了提取细胞的步骤 |
[13:25] | Tons of potential. | 充满潜力 |
[13:27] | I’d love to read more, | 我很乐意多看看 |
[13:29] | once you’ve fleshed out the research you cited. | 只要你用实践验证了引用的那些研究成果 |
[13:31] | Of course. Yes, sir. Thank you, Dr. Skadden. | 当然 谢谢您 斯卡顿医生 |
[13:35] | Chiari malformation. | 小脑扁桃体下疝畸形 |
[13:38] | Speech dysphasia. | 言语障碍 |
[13:39] | It’s likely related to pressure on the cerebellum. | 可能和小脑的压力有关 |
[13:42] | That would be my diagnosis. | 那就是我的诊断 |
[13:46] | I’d really like to be considered for your fellowship program, sir. | 我真的很想参加您的研究员项目 先生 |
[13:52] | If and when the time is right, Christopher. | 等时机成熟吧 克里斯托弗 |
[14:09] | Kayla, Kayla, hey, I got great news. | 凯拉 凯拉 我有大好事告诉你 |
[14:12] | Skadden read my proposal. | 斯卡顿看了我的提案 |
[14:16] | – Where are you going? – Don’t worry about it. | -你要去哪 -跟你无关 |
[14:20] | Wait, are you leaving? | 等等 你要走吗 |
[14:21] | Don’t play fucking dumb with me, Christopher. | 别跟我装傻 克里斯托弗 |
[14:24] | Oxy, Adderall–it’s like a C-V-fucking-S in there, | 止疼药 提神药 你那边就像个药店 |
[14:27] | and your name’s all over it. | 还到处贴着你的名字 |
[14:28] | – The scrips? – Scrips. | -你说处方吗 -处方 |
[14:29] | They’re for friends. | 那是给朋友的 |
[14:31] | They’re all friends in there. It’s no big deal. | 这里都是朋友 没什么大不了 |
[14:32] | Okay, well enjoy your friends, | 好吧 跟朋友们好好玩 |
[14:34] | and whatever’s left of your career, | 也好好享受你所剩不多的职业生涯 |
[14:35] | you stupid son of a bitch. | 你这个蠢玩意 |
[14:45] | Oh, this man’s a hero. | 这家伙是个英雄 |
[14:47] | Partied us under the table last night, | 昨晚跟我们嗨到了桌子底下 |
[14:49] | then did his rounds, | 然后又去医院巡查 |
[14:51] | saving lives like Mother-fucking-Theresa. | 像特蕾莎修女那样拯救生命 |
[14:56] | What the fuck happened with Kayla? | 凯拉怎么了 |
[14:58] | Kayla’s cool. | 凯拉没事 |
[15:00] | Give her the night, she’ll calm down. | 给她一晚上 她就冷静了 |
[15:01] | And if she does dump your dumb face, I’ll talk to her, | 她要是真甩了你这傻屌 我就去找她谈 |
[15:03] | take care of everything, like always. | 搞定一切 就像以前那样 |
[15:06] | You’d lose your big, ugly head | 要不是我每天早上都帮你拧上 |
[15:08] | if I didn’t tighten the screws every morning, wouldn’t you? | 你就会丢掉这又大又丑的脑袋 对吧 |
[15:12] | I’m the one with the big, ugly head? | 你说我的脑袋又大又丑 |
[15:14] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[15:19] | Duntsch on the offensive. | 邓奇发起进攻 |
[15:21] | Trying to reverse Summers with a Granby roll. | 想使出侧滚翻来控制萨莫斯 |
[15:24] | But Summers dominates. | 但是萨莫斯控制住了他 |
[15:26] | Oh, he dominates. He dominates so hard. | 他控制住了 完全控制住了 |
[15:29] | Uncle! Uncle, uncle! | 叔叔 叔叔 叔叔 |
[15:33] | Shit. | 该死 |
[15:39] | Hey, Skadden said he’d take a look at that. | 斯卡顿说他会看看 |
[15:41] | You just got to come on down, and we’ll do some imaging. | 你只要过来医院 我们做个影像检查 |
[15:43] | Get you fixed up. | 把你治好 |
[15:55] | I got to work. | 我得去工作了 |
[16:10] | Have you seen my LSD blotter? | 你看到我的致幻剂纸片了吗 |
[16:19] | How many hits did you take? | 你吸了几张 |
[16:24] | Oh, I must be tripping hard, bro. | 老兄 我肯定磕太多了 |
[16:25] | The letters are all squiggly and shit. | 这些字母看上去都弯弯曲曲的 |
[16:27] | – No, it’s Cyrillic. – It’s psychedelic. | -不 这是西里尔字母 -很迷幻 |
[16:30] | Oh, stem cells. | 干细胞 |
[16:32] | Is this for your PhD, Dr. Doctor? | 这是为了博士学位吗 医生博士 |
[16:34] | “Glioblastoma’s the most prevalent | “胶质母细胞瘤是最常见的 |
[16:37] | malignant brain tumor.” | 恶性脑瘤” |
[16:39] | That’s harsh. | 听起来有点危险 |
[16:41] | The glioblastoma stem is so dominant | 胶质母细胞瘤干细胞非常强大 |
[16:43] | that it takes normal cells, | 能够控制普通细胞 |
[16:46] | and it changes them into cancer cells. | 并把它们变成癌细胞 |
[16:49] | It dominates. It dominates hard. | 它们控制住了 完全控制住了 |
[16:51] | And everybody’s trying to figure out how to stop glioblastoma. | 所有人都想知道如何治愈胶质母细胞瘤 |
[16:54] | But what if… | 但是 如果 |
[16:56] | you could just program it to make healthy cells? | 你能对其进行编码 使其成为健康的细胞 |
[17:00] | Then it–it wouldn’t be cancer anymore. | 那个就不再是癌症了 |
[17:03] | Right. | 正确 |
[17:05] | Exactly right. | 完全正确 |
[17:07] | It can be whatever you want. | 它能成为你指定的任何细胞 |
[17:09] | A cell that takes over another cell to make something good. | 一个细胞控制其他细胞 来帮助人体 |
[17:15] | A molecular biological Granby roll. | 那就是分子生物学的侧滚翻 |
[17:18] | Yes. Yes. Yes. | 没错 你说对了 |
[17:21] | Stem cells you inject directly into a diseased disc, | 把干细胞直接注入椎间盘 |
[17:24] | making a brand-new healthy baby spine. | 让你拥有一根全新 像婴儿般健康的脊柱 |
[17:27] | – Preach. – 50% of all spinal surgeries are to repair diseased discs. | -你就吹吧 -半数脊柱手术是为了修复椎间盘 |
[17:31] | – We’re talking about a startup. – You’re Dock Ellis. | -这可是新技术 -你就是道克·艾力斯 |
[17:34] | You’re pitching a no-hitter. You’re crushing it. | 你投出了无安打赛局 表现出色 |
[17:38] | I can be your guinea pig. | 我能当你的小白鼠 |
[17:39] | – What? – Inject that shit into my neck, | -什么意思 -把你说的东西注射进我的脖子 |
[17:41] | so I can grow a new baby neck with no pain. | 我就能无痛长出全新 婴儿般健康的颈椎 |
[17:44] | Pain’s a pain, bro. | 老兄 疼痛真的很要命 |
[17:54] | That could be your slogan. | 这能当你的宣传口号 |
[18:58] | Fuck. | 妈的 |
[21:04] | Fuck! | 该死 |
[22:20] | Shit. | 该死 |
[22:52] | Bob. Hello. | 鲍勃 你好 |
[22:53] | – What a surprise. – Hey, Amy. | -你怎么来了 -嘿 艾米 |
[22:55] | Afternoon, Randy. | 下午好 兰迪 |
[22:58] | So how can I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[23:02] | – Christopher Duntsch. – Oh, boy. | -想和你聊聊克里斯托弗·邓奇 -天哪 |
[23:07] | Well, that about sums it up. | 这反应说明了一切 |
[23:08] | He operated on a patient | 几天前他在弗里斯克市 |
[23:10] | at Legacy Frisco a few days ago. | 莱加西外科中心做了手术 |
[23:11] | He left a hole in her esophagus, | 他在患者食道里开了个洞 |
[23:13] | sliced through her vocal cord. | 切断了她的声带 |
[23:17] | We parted ways with Dr. Duntsch almost a year ago. | 我们大约一年前就和邓奇医生就解约了 |
[23:21] | Well, what can you tell us about this reference | 你能解释一下这封 |
[23:23] | that you wrote for Dr. Duntsch? | 你为邓奇医生写的推荐信吗 |
[23:25] | I didn’t write anything. | 我什么都没写 |
[23:26] | Well, whatever law firm you paid to write– | 不管你是请了哪家律师事务所 |
[23:28] | And it isn’t a reference letter. | 并且这也不是推荐信 |
[23:29] | It’s a letter stating there were no restrictions | 这封信里只说明了对邓奇的特权 |
[23:31] | or suspensions of his privileges. | 没有任何的限制或处罚 |
[23:33] | But it implies that there’s nothing in this record | 但是这也暗示了没有任何记录 |
[23:35] | to preclude him from working at other hospitals. | 能够阻止他在其他医院工作 |
[23:37] | He–he maimed people here. | 他在这里让很多患者变成残疾 |
[23:39] | He killed Shelley Brennan | 他杀害了雪莉·布伦南 |
[23:41] | by drilling through her vertebral artery. | 钻穿了她的椎动脉 |
[23:43] | He also did that to another patient at Dallas Medical. | 他在达拉斯医疗中心也钻穿了一位患者的椎动脉 |
[23:46] | Shouldn’t that have precluded him | 这不该成为防止他 |
[23:47] | from employment at other hospitals? | 被其他医院雇佣的理由吗 |
[23:52] | I have to be careful about what I say right now. | 从现在起我得斟字酌句了 |
[23:56] | I feel like I’m in the fucking Twilight Zone here, | 这话让我觉得有些模棱两可 |
[23:59] | like I’m staring at the face of a coverup. | 就好像你要有所隐瞒 |
[24:02] | That’s offensive. | 这么说有些无礼 |
[24:04] | Oh, well, I’ll make sure to pass on | 好的 我会把你遭受的无礼 |
[24:05] | how offended you are to his other victims. | 好好传达给他的受害者们 |
[24:07] | Facts were disputed in some of his surgeries here. | 他在这里实施的一些手术确实备受争议 |
[24:10] | Surgeries? Yeah, I saw one of his “surgeries” here firsthand. | 手术 我亲眼见过他实施的那些所谓”手术” |
[24:14] | And yet somehow, Dr. Kirby, | 不知为何 科比医生 |
[24:15] | I didn’t receive your complaint. | 我没有收到你的投诉 |
[24:18] | Our letter for Dr. Duntsch | 我们为邓奇医生写的信里 |
[24:20] | is our fair and honest appraisal of his standing | 对他在这里的工作进行了 |
[24:23] | at this institution. | 公正诚实的评价 |
[24:24] | Was Duntsch ever suspended? | 邓奇曾停职过吗 |
[24:26] | Your letter indicates that he was under investigation, | 你的信里写了他曾接受过调查 |
[24:28] | and since it’s your policy | 因为根据你们的政策 |
[24:29] | to suspend any doctor under investigation, | 你们会停职所有接受调查的医生 |
[24:31] | I assume that you followed through with your policy. | 我猜你肯定遵照了相关政策 |
[24:34] | Yes, you’re correct. We did. | 是的 没错 我们给他停了职 |
[24:36] | As I recall, it was 21 days. | 没记错的话 停职了21天 |
[24:39] | Well, that’s convenient. | 这可真方便 |
[24:41] | Excuse me? | 什么意思 |
[24:42] | National Practitioner Data Bank. | 国家行医执业者资料库 |
[24:44] | That thing established by Congress… | 国会创立的那个组织 |
[24:46] | – I know. – To warn the public | -我知道 -为了告知公众 |
[24:47] | and other hospitals about bad doctors. | 以及医院所有的劣迹医生 |
[24:48] | – I know. – You only have to report | -我说我知道 -你需要上报 |
[24:50] | the ones that are suspended for 30 days or more. | 那些停职了三十天及以上的医生 |
[24:54] | How come you didn’t report Duntsch | 为什么你没向得州医委会 |
[24:55] | to the Texas Medical Board? | 上报邓奇医生呢 |
[25:00] | I think we’re done here. | 我觉得我们谈完了 |
[25:02] | Can I ask you a personal question? | 我能问一个私人问题吗 |
[25:04] | Would you let Duntsch operate on you? | 你会让邓奇给你做手术吗 |
[25:10] | Lies of omission do not make this institution | 疏忽之咎的谎言无法减少 |
[25:12] | any less complicit, Ms. Piel. | 你们医院的罪责 皮尔女士 |
[25:16] | Nobody here is gonna help us. | 这里没人会帮我们 |
[25:18] | I’m not sure what kind of help we’re looking for. | 我不知道我们在寻找什么样的帮助 |
[25:20] | Come on, we can be sitting in Skadden’s office in a few hours. | 拜托 我们可以几小时后就去斯卡顿的办公室 |
[25:23] | – We spoke to him already. – I know. | -我们已经跟他谈过了 -我知道 |
[25:25] | He says he doesn’t know anything. | 他说他什么都不知道 |
[25:26] | I know! | 我知道 |
[25:27] | Come on, waste some time with me. | 拜托 陪我一起打发时间 |
[25:29] | Maybe we’ll find out U.T. turned out a fraud. | 或许我们会发现得州大学是骗子 |
[25:54] | Hi, everybody. | 大家好 |
[25:55] | So sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我来晚了 |
[25:57] | Katya, Dr. Duntsch. | 卡佳 我是邓奇医生 |
[25:59] | Ilya, Dr. Duntsch. | 伊利亚 我是邓奇医生 |
[26:01] | Welcome to DiscGenics. | 欢迎来到椎间盘基因公司 |
[26:03] | Thank you all so much for coming. | 谢谢大家前来 |
[26:05] | That’s for you. That’s for you. | 这个给你 这个给你 |
[26:08] | For you, sir. | 给你 先生 |
[26:09] | And do you mind passing those around? | 麻烦你传递一下 |
[26:12] | I just need some vitamin C. Be right back. | 我需要一些维C 马上回来 |
[26:34] | Okay. | 好了 |
[26:36] | Sorry about that. | 抱歉 |
[26:39] | Now, let me tell you why you’re all here. | 我来说说请你们过来的原因 |
[26:43] | I’m hoping that you will continue to be interested | 我希望你们能继续 |
[26:46] | in what it is that I’m trying to accomplish, | 对我想实现的事情感兴趣 |
[26:48] | maybe financially interested. | 或许在经济上感兴趣 |
[26:50] | We already know. | 我们已经知道了 |
[26:51] | Our work with osteosarcoma stem cells– | 我们对骨肉瘤干细胞的研究 |
[26:54] | it’s a simple deduction. | 是个很简单的推论 |
[26:55] | You wish to research spinal cancer. | 你想要研究脊椎癌 |
[26:58] | Nyet. | 不 |
[27:00] | Nothing so basic. | 没这么基础 |
[27:02] | I brought you here because of your cancer research. | 我叫你们来是因为你们的癌症研究 |
[27:04] | I practically memorized your paper | 我差不多背下了 |
[27:05] | on phenotypical heterogeneity of neural cells. | 你们关于神经细胞表型异质性的论文 |
[27:08] | But, look, we can all cure cancer another day. | 但是 我们可以改天来治愈癌症 |
[27:11] | Right now your research can be exploited | 现在你们的研究可以用来 |
[27:13] | to create stem cells to grow new spinal discs. | 制造干细胞来长出新的椎间盘 |
[27:17] | Eliminate the need for surgery. | 不需要做手术 |
[27:19] | That’s what we’re doing here at DiscGenics. | 这就是我们在椎间盘基因的研究项目 |
[27:31] | I question if you understand the most basic science. | 我怀疑你是否懂最基本的科学 |
[27:38] | May I see that for one second? Thank you. | 我能看下吗 谢谢 |
[27:42] | If you’ll all turn to page… | 请翻到 |
[27:45] | 13. | 第13页 |
[27:48] | This is your work in spherical clone generation. | 这是你们在球形克隆中的研究 |
[27:51] | You were able to demonstrate stem cell markers OCT 3/4, | 你们成功演示了干细胞标志物OCT3/4 |
[27:54] | Nanog, and stat3, unless I misunderstood. | Nanog和STAT3基因 除非我理解错了 |
[27:58] | – That is correct. – Right, but unlike with STAT3, | -没错 -但不同于STAT3 |
[28:01] | where there was robust expression in both | 在球体和贴壁培养物中 |
[28:03] | spheres and adherent cultures, | 均有强阳性表达 |
[28:05] | Nanog and oct 3/4 had more variable patterns of expression. | Nano和OCT3/4有更多可变的表达模式 |
[28:09] | Ergo, the key determinant in self-renewal and pluripotency | 因此 胚胎干细胞自我更新和多能性的 |
[28:13] | for stem cells in embryonic settings are variable. | 关键决定因素是可变的 |
[28:17] | Am I right? | 我说得对吗 |
[28:20] | I’m right. So all I’m asking is that we take your work | 我说对了 所以我只想把你们的研究 |
[28:23] | into stem cell self-renewal markers, | 放到干细胞的自我更新标记中 |
[28:25] | and we use it to create a new cell therapy. | 用它来创造新的细胞疗法 |
[28:29] | We build stem cells | 我们开发干细胞 |
[28:31] | to repair diseased spinal discs. | 来修复椎间盘病变 |
[28:36] | Will you help me out? | 你们愿意帮我吗 |
[28:45] | Well, what do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[28:47] | Definitely intrigued. | 激起了我的兴趣 |
[28:49] | Outside the obvious, how can I help? | 除了显而易见的事之外 我还能怎么帮你 |
[28:53] | Honestly… | 老实说 |
[28:57] | My surgical reps are killing me. | 我的修补手术快累死我了 |
[28:59] | You know, there’s only so many hours in the day. | 一天里的时间有限 |
[29:03] | You are an M.D./PhD. | 你是医学博士 |
[29:05] | You have to be able to balance both. | 你必须要能平衡两者 |
[29:08] | You look tired. | 你看上去很疲惫 |
[29:11] | Yeah. | 对 |
[29:11] | I’m burning the candle at both ends and the middle. | 我忙得不可开交 |
[29:19] | A little friendly word… | 友情提醒你下 |
[29:21] | if I had a future ahead of me as bright as yours, | 如果我前途和你一样光明 |
[29:23] | I would never want to be a minute late showing up for it. | 我绝不会迟到一分钟 |
[29:27] | – Okay? – Yes, sir. | -懂吗 -明白 |
[29:32] | I’m gonna go press some flesh. | 我去跟人握握手 |
[29:55] | Today I will be performing | 今天我会进行 |
[29:57] | an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion. | 颈椎前路椎间盘切除融合术 |
[30:01] | The vertebral bodies are exposed, and so is the disc. | 椎体暴露在外 椎间盘也是 |
[30:04] | Chris, I’m thinking DiscGenics is gonna need some more money. | 克里斯 我觉得椎间盘基因公司还需要更多钱 |
[30:07] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[30:08] | You should meet with some investment bankers. | 你该去找一些投资银行家 |
[30:11] | I am drilling directly into the disc | 我直接钻入椎间盘 |
[30:13] | until I encounter the posterior longitudinal ligament. | 直到碰到后纵韧带 |
[30:18] | Beyond that is the spinal cord. | 上面是脊髓 |
[30:20] | – Before I get the patent? – The PLL is pierced. | -在我拿到专利前 -后纵韧带已刺穿 |
[30:22] | Inside the diseased disc resembles crabmeat. | 患病的椎间盘内类似蟹肉 |
[30:25] | I use a nerve hook to remove the disc | 我用神经钩取出椎间盘 |
[30:29] | and decompress the spinal cord. | 并给脊髓减压 |
[30:32] | It’s classic chicken-and-the-egg. | 经典的先有鸡还是先有蛋的问题 |
[30:34] | Private equity is a lusty courtship. | 私募股权是一种狂热的求爱 |
[30:36] | The spinal cord is the white, | 脊髓是那个白色 |
[30:38] | glossy structure with a juicy blood vessel on top, | 光滑的结构 上面有多汁的血管 |
[30:41] | and that is the dura. | 那是硬脊膜 |
[30:43] | Now, we tease out– | 然后套出 |
[30:52] | We now tease out the disc. | 我们现在套出椎间盘 |
[30:59] | Dr. Duntsch has successfully removed the disc. | 邓奇医生成功取出了椎间盘 |
[31:02] | Well done. | 好样的 |
[31:04] | Don’t worry. You’ll get your patent, Chris. | 别担心 你会拿到专利 克里斯 |
[31:06] | And you and your company will make us obsolete. | 你和你的公司会把我们淘汰 |
[31:10] | We now drill holes for the twin screws in the vertebra. | 现在我们在脊椎上钻两个螺丝孔 |
[31:17] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[31:25] | The only useful thing you learned at Harvard | 你在哈佛学到的唯一有用知识 |
[31:27] | was how to name-drop the word Harvard | 就是如何在任何对话里 |
[31:29] | into any given conversation. | 搬出哈佛这两个字 |
[31:31] | Oh, here are our two esteemed visitors I was telling you about– | 这就是我跟你提到的两位尊贵客人 |
[31:35] | Dr. Robert Henderson and Dr. Randall Kirby. | 罗伯特·亨德森医生和兰德尔·科比医生 |
[31:37] | It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance in the flesh, gentlemen. | 很高兴认识你们 先生们 |
[31:40] | Dr. Kirby went to Rice University | 科比医生毕业于莱斯大学 |
[31:42] | and Baylor College of Medicine. | 和贝勒医学院 |
[31:44] | And Dr. Henderson… | 亨德森医生 |
[31:47] | I’m so sorry. I-I’m completely forgetting. | 不好意思 我搞忘了 |
[31:51] | Where did you get your M.D.? | 你的医学博士学位是在哪修的 |
[31:52] | – University of Nebraska. – Yes. | -内布拉斯加大学 -没错 |
[31:54] | Right, right. Um, go, Corn Huskers. | 对 没错 加油 剥玉米人队 |
[32:01] | Duntsch’s friend, if you can believe he actually had one. | 邓奇的朋友 如果你能相信他有的话 |
[32:04] | Turned him into a quadriplegic. | 他被邓奇弄得四肢瘫痪 |
[32:06] | As of today, he’s closing in on two dozen botched surgeries– | 截至今天 他快搞砸二十多起手术了 |
[32:10] | holes that drilled through muscle, | 在肌肉上钻洞 |
[32:12] | nerves severed, arteries. | 切断神经和血管 |
[32:14] | I mean, the guy can’t define basic regional anatomy. | 这家伙没有基本的局部解剖学常识 |
[32:18] | He approaches spinal surgery | 他做脊椎手术 |
[32:19] | like a child playing with Tinkertoys. | 就像孩子在玩”万能工匠”玩具 |
[32:24] | This is not the Christopher Duntsch I knew. | 这不是我认识的克里斯托弗·邓奇 |
[32:29] | These things here, I… | 你说的这些事 我 |
[32:31] | I never saw. | 我从未见过 |
[32:33] | I just can’t explain it. | 我无法解释 |
[32:35] | Well, perhaps you could help us unpack | 也许你可以跟我们说说 |
[32:36] | the reference you provided for Duntsch? | 你为邓奇写的那封推荐信 |
[32:38] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[32:40] | He met all of his training hours? | 他的训练时间足够吗 |
[32:41] | Yes, though I-I can’t speak to his–his residency. | 是的 但我不确定他的住院实习情况 |
[32:45] | You’d have to check with them for that. | 你得跟他们核实一下 |
[32:46] | I’m sure you wouldn’t have included him in your fellowship | 我想如果你认为他没有良好的训练 |
[32:48] | if you didn’t think he was properly trained, correct? | 一定不会把他纳入你的研究项目团队 对吗 |
[32:50] | Correct. | 对 |
[32:51] | You oversaw his surgical reps here? | 你在这监督过他的修补手术吗 |
[32:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[32:54] | And if you were one of my fellows | 如果你是我手下的研究医生 |
[32:56] | and I was watching | 我看着你做手术 |
[32:58] | and you did what you’ve shown me here, | 你做了你们在这里展示给我看的 |
[33:01] | that would be the end of your fellowship. | 那你的研究项目就到此为止了 |
[33:03] | Any drugs? | 他嗑药吗 |
[33:05] | I never saw anything that would lead me to that conclusion. | 我从没见过任何让我得出这个结论的事 |
[33:08] | Psychiatric issues? | 他有精神方面问题吗 |
[33:09] | He may have sought counseling. | 他可能去看过心理咨询 |
[33:10] | A lot of students do. | 很多学生都去过 |
[33:13] | I’m afraid that’s really all I can help you with. | 恐怕我只能帮你们这些 |
[33:16] | With all due respect, I have to disagree with you there. | 恕我直言 我不同意你的说法 |
[33:19] | His references are the bedrock to his bullshit. | 他的推荐信是他胡作非为的基础 |
[33:21] | He can get credentialed anywhere. | 他在任何地方都能得到信任 |
[33:23] | You’re in a unique position | 你处于一个特殊的位置 |
[33:24] | to tell them what you know about Dallas. | 你要说出你知道的达拉斯医疗中心的事 |
[33:27] | I did, on the form for Forest Park. | 我在森林公园医院的表格上说过 |
[33:30] | I mentioned poor outcomes at Baylor. | 我提到在贝勒医院糟糕的治疗结果 |
[33:32] | – But not Dallas Medical? – No, no. | -但没提达拉斯医疗中心吗 -不 没有 |
[33:34] | They wanted the form back immediately. | 他们希望立刻寄回表格 |
[33:36] | So I checked the boxes as requested, | 所以我按要求打了勾 |
[33:39] | stated that he was… | 说他很 |
[33:42] | satisfactory, which he was. | 令人满意 他确实如此 |
[33:45] | If it had been me, | 如果是我 |
[33:47] | I would have done everything in my power to say, | 我会尽我所能地说 |
[33:49] | “No, I cannot recommend him.” | “不 我不能推荐他” |
[33:50] | I can read you the form for privileges, | 我可以给你看他的手术记录 |
[33:53] | but it only relates to his time here. | 但只有他在这里工作的时候 |
[33:55] | You’re only allowed to attest to what you directly observe, | 你只能为自己直接看到的事物作证 |
[33:58] | that period of time the observation is made, | 在那段时间你会观察 |
[34:00] | and your role as observer– | 你的角色是观察者 |
[34:02] | what happened during his training. | 看在他训练期间发生了什么 |
[34:06] | What about the images we’ve provided you with? | 那我们给你看的片子呢 |
[34:10] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[34:13] | Yeah, I’m sorry. | 是的 我很抱歉 |
[34:15] | I-I’m afraid I’d have to throw the ball back to Dallas. | 恐怕我只得把这个球踢还给达拉斯医疗中心 |
[34:18] | What happened, he did in Texas. | 所有这些 都是他在得克萨斯州干的 |
[34:22] | Makes you think the hospitals there | 让你觉得那里的医院 |
[34:23] | will take any surgeon with a pulse. | 会接受任何喘气的外科医生 |
[34:31] | I see why you’re so upset– | 我明白你们为什么生气 |
[34:33] | these hospitals not reporting him, | 这些医院没有报告他 |
[34:36] | not vetting him properly. | 没有好好审查他 |
[34:39] | But this is a Texas problem… | 但这是得克萨斯州的问题 |
[34:43] | not a Tennessee problem. | 而不是田纳西州的问题 |
[34:49] | A·施密特 R·拉莫斯 A·李 C·佩梅洛 J·韦尔奇 P·卡塔普 J·弗雷尔 A·辛格 R·比伯 R·米勒 | |
[35:00] | Hi, it’s Christopher Duntsch. | 你好 我是克里斯托弗·邓奇 |
[35:02] | Dr. Christopher Duntsch calling. | 克里斯托弗·邓奇医生来电 |
[35:05] | Just following up on that exam | 只是跟进一下 |
[35:06] | you had a couple of months ago. | 你几周前做过的检查 |
[35:08] | I just wanted to see if you’re still interested in surgery | 我只想看看你是否还有兴趣做手术 |
[35:11] | to correct all that pain. | 消除所有病痛 |
[35:13] | I’m still working out of Baylor-Plano, | 我依然在贝勒普莱诺医院外工作 |
[35:14] | but I did actually start working at another hospital. | 但实际上我在另一家医院开始工作了 |
[35:19] | I’m just following up. How’s that neck pain? | 我只是跟进一下 你的脖子还疼吗 |
[35:21] | A tingling foot? | 脚会刺痛吗 |
[35:23] | The exam is free. | 检查免费 |
[35:27] | You are interested. | 你有兴趣 |
[35:30] | Oh, you moved. | 你搬家了 |
[35:33] | Out of state. | 搬去州外了 |
[35:35] | You know, January is Spinal Health Awareness Month. | 知道吗 一月是脊柱健康宣传月 |
[35:39] | Hello? | 喂 |
[35:42] | Mrs. Bloom? | 布鲁姆太太 |
[35:44] | He passed. | 他去世了 |
[35:49] | I will say hi to Jerry for you. | 我会代你向杰瑞问好 |
[35:51] | Kim is great. | 金很好 |
[35:53] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[35:54] | No, she’s great. | 不 她很好 |
[35:58] | Well, Jerry… | 杰瑞 |
[36:00] | moved on. | 往前看了 |
[36:04] | That’s a hairline fracture. | 那是一个细微骨裂 |
[36:06] | You–you could be paralyzed if you don’t correct it. | 如果不治 你可能会瘫痪 |
[36:12] | Kim is great. | 金很好 |
[36:18] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:20] | Yes, yes. | 是的 好的 |
[36:22] | I promise I’ll never call back. | 我保证不会再打来了 |
[36:39] | 得克萨斯州神经外科研究所 克里斯托弗·邓奇医生 医学博士 | |
[36:39] | 工作时间 周一至周四 上午9:00至下午5:00 周五 上午10:00至下午4:00 | |
[37:15] | Dr. Duntsch? | 邓奇医生 |
[37:22] | The Dr. Duntsch? | 著名的邓奇医生吗 |
[37:24] | Can I help you? We’re kind of closing up. | 你有什么事吗 我们要关门了 |
[37:26] | I’m Stan Novak. | 我叫斯坦·诺瓦克 |
[37:27] | I, uh, found ’em in your door. | 这是我在你门上发现的 |
[37:29] | Oh, it’s that damn office manager– | 这是那个该死的办公室经理 |
[37:31] | so scatterbrained. | 总是丢三落四 |
[37:37] | When did you hurt your neck? | 你什么时候伤到了脖子 |
[37:40] | Motorcycle crash six years ago. | 六年前的摩托车车祸 |
[37:42] | I’ve had five back surgeries. | 我的背动过五次手术了 |
[37:45] | How’d you know it was my neck? | 你怎么知道我脖子有问题 |
[37:48] | It’s kind of what I do for a living. | 我靠这个谋生 |
[37:51] | Let me guess… | 让我猜猜 |
[37:54] | when the spasms happen, | 当痉挛发作时 |
[37:55] | it feels like an electric shock? | 感觉就像电击 |
[37:57] | Oh, any little thing sets ’em off. | 任何一点事就会引发这病 |
[37:58] | Sometimes hits me when I’m driving. | 有时我开车时也会发作 |
[38:00] | I almost go off the road. | 我差点冲出马路 |
[38:02] | Yeah, that’s Lhermitte’s sign. | 是的 这是莱尔米特氏征 |
[38:04] | We’re looking at a cervical fusion. | 我们可以做颈椎融合术 |
[38:07] | You got severe compression of the spinal cord, | 你的脊髓严重受压 |
[38:09] | but if we decompress that, you’ll have a full recovery. | 但假如我们减轻压力 你能完全康复 |
[38:14] | I’ve seen so many doctors, but I wanted you. | 我见过很多医生 但我只想要你 |
[38:18] | Saw your award video. | 看过你获奖的视频 |
[38:20] | Best Docs. | 最佳医生 |
[38:25] | 最佳医生 最佳医生推荐网 | |
[38:28] | Two reasons why patients normally present | 通常来说患者因为脊椎有关的疼痛 |
[38:31] | to their doctors for pain related to the spine– | 去看医生主要有两个原因… |
[38:33] | the first is related to the peripheral nervous system. | 第一个与周围神经系统有关 |
[38:36] | That’s called radiculopathy. | 被称为神经根病 |
[38:38] | Now, that’s normally associated with compression | 这通常和脊椎结果的压迫 |
[38:40] | or degenerative changes | 或者退行性病变 |
[38:42] | to the spinal structure irritating the nerve, or– | 导致神经受到刺激有关 或者呢… |
[38:45] | Award for best doctor in Texas, huh? | 在得州获得最佳医生奖 |
[38:51] | You caught me in the middle of an expansion. | 你正好赶上我正在进行业务扩张 |
[38:53] | I’m a little short-staffed right now. | 眼下我的人手有点紧 |
[38:56] | You can still do it, right? | 你还是能做 对吗 |
[38:59] | I’m all booked up at Baylor, | 我在贝勒的时间都订满了 |
[39:00] | but I did just start at University General. | 但我刚刚在大学综合医院开始执业 |
[39:02] | I can squeeze you in there. | 我可以给你挤进去 |
[39:17] | 2009年 投资者 | |
[39:20] | We get the process, Duntsch. | 我们理解流程 邓奇 |
[39:21] | And we do like disruptive tech. | 而且我们的确喜欢突破性的技术 |
[39:23] | Then you’re gonna love DiscGenics. | 那你们就会喜欢椎间盘基因公司 |
[39:25] | Oh, it’s just that I was forced to take | 我被迫参加过 |
[39:26] | the “D to a C” program, in high-school biology, so– | 一个”从及格到良好”的课程 高中生物 |
[39:28] | I put the fucking A in AP chem, | 我大学化学得了他妈的A |
[39:30] | and I still don’t get what it does. | 但我还是不明白那是干什么的 |
[39:31] | Okay, brass tacks– | 好吧 简而言之 |
[39:33] | I’m inventing an injectable fountain of youth for the spine. | 我要发明一个让脊椎永葆青春的注射药品 |
[39:37] | – Work for his wanker? – That’s phase two. | -对他的老二有用吗 -那是第二阶段 |
[39:40] | Hey, there’s hope. | 有希望啊 |
[39:41] | Look, simply put, stem cells take over diseased cells | 简单地说 干细胞替代椎间盘 |
[39:44] | in spinal discs and repair them. | 生病的细胞并修复它们 |
[39:46] | How far along is it? | 进展到什么程度了 |
[39:49] | We’re looking for partners right now to raise capital | 我们现在正在寻找投资伙伴来募集资金 |
[39:51] | based on lead assets that we’ve already generated. | 基于我们已经创造出的资产 |
[39:54] | I mean, look, I am developing a key process | 你们看 我要开发一个关键的流程 |
[39:56] | in the manipulation of stem cells, | 来控制干细胞 |
[39:58] | but, equally important, | 但 同样重要的是 |
[40:00] | our competitors are going to need to use this step | 我们的竞争对手如果想要进入这个领域 |
[40:02] | if they want to play in our space. | 他们也会需要走这一步 |
[40:04] | We’ll own it, and they’ll have to pay. | 我们有了技术专利 他们就得为此付钱 |
[40:07] | And how’d you come up with the concept? | 你是怎么产生这个想法的 |
[40:09] | LSD. | 致幻剂 |
[40:13] | I knew it. I knew it. | 我就知道 我就知道 |
[40:23] | Make way for the king. | 给国王让开路 |
[40:25] | Yo, what the fuck’s a MISI? | MISI是他妈什么玩意儿 |
[40:27] | Minimally Invasive Spine Institute– | 脊椎微创学会… |
[40:29] | M-i-s-i, misi. | 缩写是MISI |
[40:31] | Minimally invasive spines are your jam, man. | 脊椎微创是你的最爱 哥们 |
[40:34] | Too many choices. What are you gonna do? | 有太多选择了 你要怎么做 |
[40:37] | What are we gonna do? | 是我们要怎么做 |
[40:40] | I don’t think you should sell anymore, you know? | 我觉得你不应该再卖毒品了 |
[40:42] | Come on, man. | 行了 哥们 |
[40:43] | – It’s no big deal. – No, no. | -没什么大事 -不 |
[40:45] | Come with me. | 是和我一起 |
[40:49] | Where? | 去哪 |
[40:50] | I got job offers in Dallas, California, wherever. | 达拉斯 加利福尼亚都让我去呢 哪都行 |
[40:53] | – What am I gonna do? – You already live with me. | -我去干什么 -你已经和我住一起了 |
[40:56] | You drive me. | 你开车送我 |
[40:57] | We’re best friends, right? | 我们是最好的朋友 对吧 |
[40:59] | Goddamn right we are. | 那是当然了 |
[41:01] | Wherever you go, I’ll work for you. | 不管你去哪里 我都会为你工作 |
[41:04] | Hey, how about director of marketing? | 市场营销总监怎么样 |
[41:08] | Preach the empire of Duntsch. | 为邓奇帝国摇旗呐喊 |
[41:26] | Wait a second. | 等一下 |
[41:32] | Evening. | 晚上好 |
[41:35] | Just wanted to introduce myself. | 我想自我介绍一下 |
[41:36] | – Get out of here. – My name’s Chris. | -走开 -我叫克里斯 |
[41:39] | – What’s yours? – I paid for this, Chris. | -你呢 -我花钱了 克里斯 |
[41:40] | Back the fuck off. | 给我滚开 |
[41:41] | Touch my friend again, I’ll break your spine, | 你再碰我朋友 我把你脊椎打折了 |
[41:43] | and you’ll have to pay him to fix it. | 你还得花钱请他给你接上 |
[41:45] | – So, what’s your name? – Crystale. | -你叫什么啊 -小翠 |
[41:48] | It’s a little early for Halloween. | 现在离万圣节还有点早吧 |
[41:51] | – I like your costume better. – You gonna pay for it? | -我更喜欢你的服饰 -你要掏钱吗 |
[41:54] | No, ’cause you are priceless. | 不 因为你是无价的 |
[41:57] | Oh, if only I hadn’t heard that line seven times tonight. | 可惜这句话我今晚都听七遍了 |
[42:01] | I bet you break a heart every time you say that. | 我打赌你每次这么说 都会伤别人的心 |
[42:05] | If you’re really a doctor, what kind are you. | 如果你真是医生 你是什么样的 |
[42:08] | aside from being a cheap-ass one? | 除了你是个抠门的以外 |
[42:12] | Well, Crystale, unless you’re board certified | 小翠 除非你是有神经外科 |
[42:14] | in neurosurgery and molecular biology, | 分子生物领域的医师协会资质 |
[42:16] | I don’t think I could explain it to you. | 恐怕我没办法和你解释清楚 |
[42:19] | I’m board certified in knowing you’re an asshole. | 我有资质来看透你是个混蛋 |
[42:22] | My name’s not “hey.” | 我不叫”喂” |
[42:24] | Well, it’s not Crystale either. | 也不是小翠 |
[42:27] | Look, I’ve had a crazy day. | 我今天过得很刺激 |
[42:29] | A bunch of dreams just came true all at once. | 同时实现了几个梦想 |
[42:32] | Has that ever happened to you? | 你有过这样的经历吗 |
[42:34] | Dancing here is my trifecta of dreams come true. | 能在这里跳舞就是我的美梦成真 |
[42:40] | Okay, so I’m an asshole, | 好吧 我是个混蛋 |
[42:42] | and I’m sorry for what I said earlier. | 我为之前说过的话道歉 |
[42:44] | Pardon the interruption. | 抱歉打断一下 |
[42:45] | Listen, bro, I don’t need to be marketing director. | 听着兄弟 我不需要做市场营销总监 |
[42:48] | Only title I want in your life is friend, | 在你的人生里 我只想做你朋友 |
[42:51] | and you can never fire me. | 你永远也开除不了我 |
[42:52] | I go where you go, | 你去哪 我就去哪 |
[42:54] | but you do need a slogan for DiscGenics. | 但你的确需要给椎间盘基因公司想个口号 |
[42:56] | A slogan? I’ll give it a whirl. | 口号 我来试试 |
[42:58] | – You don’t know what it is. – Do you know what it is? | -你不知道它是什么 -你知道它是什么吗 |
[43:01] | I don’t need to. I’m good. | 我不需要知道 我很厉害 |
[43:06] | Holy shit. Done fucking deal. | 我靠 就他妈这么定了 |
[43:08] | Fuck, yeah. Chris, you got to hear it. | 操 克里斯 你得听听这个 |
[43:11] | She’s rock and roll. | 她真牛啊 |
[43:16] | Yes. | 没错 |
[44:51] | Bob! | 鲍勃 |
[44:52] | Hey! Come on! | 快来 |
[44:53] | No, no, no–oh. | 不 不 |
[44:56] | I came at a bad time, I’m sorry. | 我来得不是时候 抱歉 |
[44:57] | No, no, no! Come on. It’s opera night, come on in. | 不不 进来吧 是歌剧之夜 快进来 |
[44:59] | – Come on. – Hey, look at this. | -来吧 -看这个 |
[45:03] | He got another job. | 他又得到了份工作 |
[45:06] | University General Hospital. | 大学综合医院 |
[45:08] | You know what? I went to med school | 告诉你 我在医学院 |
[45:09] | with the owner of this place–Dr. Sasani. | 和这地方的老板是同学 塞萨尼医生 |
[45:11] | We should go there. | 我们应该过去一趟 |
[45:12] | – And do what exactly? – I don’t know. | -到底去干什么呢 -我也不知道 |
[45:13] | We’ll figure it out. | 我们会想到的 |
[45:14] | We’ll, uh, denounce him publicly. | 我们去公开谴责他 |
[45:17] | No more half measures, right? | 不再用权宜之计 对吧 |
[45:20] | – Okay. – Come on. | -好 -来吧 |
[45:22] | Jacqueline, look who’s here! | 杰奎琳 看看谁来了 |
[45:24] | This is Dr. Bob Henderson. | 这位是鲍勃·亨德森医生 |
[45:28] | 克里斯托弗·邓奇 医学博士 |