时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | I love making clothes, but I thought a class called Life Skills | 我挺喜欢做衣服的 但我觉得生活技能课 |
[00:09] | would be about recycling, | 应该是普及下环保 |
[00:11] | voting and how to DVR three shows at once. | 投票选举和怎么用录像机一次录三场节目的 |
[00:13] | You know, stuff you can use. | 就是一些实用的技巧 |
[00:16] | It’s not at all what I expected, either. | 这门课也不是我以为的那样 |
[00:17] | I thought it was Knife Skills. | 我还以为是教我们用刀呢 |
[00:19] | Now I’m gonna have to pick up whittling on the street. | 现在我得自学怎么剪街上的东西了 |
[00:22] | I’m taking this class pass-fail. | 我对这门课的态度是能及格就好 |
[00:24] | I’m doing the least amount of work possible. | 我决定尽量少动手 |
[00:26] | It will be my greatest apathetic achievement since… | 这课是我最无所谓的一门课了 除了 |
[00:28] | Eh, who cares. | 切 无所谓了 |
[00:31] | Well, I am pretty excited about my homework assignment. | 我觉得我这件作品棒极了 |
[00:36] | Avery, that looks like a real skirt. | 艾芙莉 它看起来真像条裙子啊 |
[00:38] | Thanks. That’s almost like a real compliment. | 谢谢了 这句听起来真像是夸赞啊 |
[00:42] | Hey, that’s not Ms. Hennessey. | 今天不是海娜西老师来上课 |
[00:44] | Must be a sub today. | 今天应该只代一节课吧 |
[00:46] | Namaste, students. | 同学们 大家好啊 |
[00:49] | I am your new teacher, Ms. Dupont, but please call me Lavanya, | 我是你们的新老师 杜邦女士 你们可以直接叫我拉旺娅 |
[00:53] | the name given to me by a Sherpa. | 这是一位夏尔巴人给我起的名字 |
[00:56] | It’s Sanskrit for “grace and beauty.” | 梵文里代表着“优雅和美丽” |
[00:59] | Or possibly Tibetan for “slow hiker.” | 好像也是藏语里“慢行者”的意思 |
[01:02] | Or English for… Eh, who cares. | 英语意思是 无所谓了 |
[01:05] | Ms. Hennessey quit to follow her dream | 海娜西老师为了追寻她的梦想辞职了 |
[01:08] | of nailing her tongue to a coffee table. | 她说要把舌头钉在咖啡桌上 |
[01:11] | Or maybe that was her sarcastic way of telling me it’s none of my business. | 她这可能是在讽刺地告诉我不要管她的闲事 |
[01:16] | Class, I want you all to take out your syllabuses… | 同学们 请拿出你们的课程讲义 |
[01:21] | and rip them in half. | 然后撕成两半 |
[01:25] | But, Ms. Dupont, the syllabus represents order. | 但是 杜邦老师 课程讲义代表着秩序 |
[01:28] | I can’t. | 我不能撕 |
[01:28] | Please call me Lavanya. | 请叫我拉旺娅 |
[01:29] | I can’t do that either. | 这个我也做不到 |
[01:31] | Avery, calm down. | 艾芙莉 冷静些 |
[01:32] | I can’t do that either! | 我冷静不了 |
[01:38] | You just imagined yourself exploding, didn’t you? | 你刚刚想象着自己爆炸了 是不是 |
[02:00] | I followed the pattern, just like you followed yours. | 我是照着模板做的 就像你一样 |
[02:02] | So why does mine look like this? | 为什么我就做成这样了 |
[02:08] | Did you do yours in a car? | 你是不是在车里做的 |
[02:10] | On a curvy road? | 一路还很颠簸 |
[02:13] | With someone trying to wrestle you? | 而且还有人和你扭打在一起 |
[02:16] | Guess I better get my project ready. | 我得准备下我的作品了 |
[02:18] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[02:19] | It’s a poncho. See? | 它是个斗篷 看出来了吗 |
[02:21] | You forgot to cut the hole. | 你忘剪洞了 |
[02:23] | Pass-fail, yo. | 及格就行 好吧 |
[02:26] | Avery. | 艾芙莉 |
[02:28] | I worked very hard on this, Ms. Dupont. | 杜邦老师 我在这件作品上倾注了很多心血 |
[02:30] | Ooh! The grading bell gives it a “C”. | 听 评分铃给了你一个C |
[02:33] | A “C”? That’s right, a “C”. | 一个C 是的 是个C |
[02:35] | Oops, I just rang a “B”. | 哎呀 我摇了个B |
[02:37] | Sorry, I didn’t mean to tease you with that. | 不好意思啊 我不是故意吊你胃口的 |
[02:41] | Why am I getting a “C”? | 为什么要给我C呢 |
[02:43] | I followed the pattern exactly. | 我完全是按照模板做的啊 |
[02:44] | But I grade on self-expression. | 但我是以自我表达力为评分标准的 |
[02:46] | This shows nothing of who you are. | 这条裙子没有展现出你的个性 |
[02:49] | It shows exactly who I am. | 它就是我啊 |
[02:50] | I’m the type of person who follows patterns exactly. | 我就是中规中矩按照模板做事的人啊 |
[02:54] | You need to expand. | 你要扩展自己 |
[02:56] | Think of it as a “C” for “expand your horizons.” | 把这个C看作是拓展视野的一个契机吧 |
[03:01] | There’s no “C” in any of those words. | 可是这跟C有什么关系呢 |
[03:06] | Lindsay, I’ve never gotten a “C” before in my entire life. | 琳赛 我这辈子还从来没得过C呢 |
[03:10] | What is going on here? | 这是怎么了 |
[03:12] | It’s like I’ve entered some bizarre alternate universe. | 就好像我进入了另一个离奇的平行世界 |
[03:15] | Am I gonna open that door and see monkeys in business suits? | 我打开那扇门是不是就能看见一群穿着西服的猴子 |
[03:18] | Gosh, I hope so. | 天呐 真棒 |
[03:21] | Calm down, Avery. | 冷静些 艾芙莉 |
[03:22] | Everything is perfectly normal. | 一切都很正常 |
[03:24] | Lindsay, this is true creative expression. “A.” | 琳赛 这真是一个有创意的作品啊 给你个A |
[03:28] | I love this alternate universe. | 我爱这个平行世界 |
[03:31] | Max. Very unconventional. Pass. | 麦克斯 作品很有创意 及格 |
[03:34] | I’m so lucky I passed. | 能及格太走运了 |
[03:36] | I put it on backward. | 其实我穿反了 |
[03:40] | Avery is having a rough time with her new teacher, | 艾芙莉和她的新老师的沟通不是那么顺利 |
[03:43] | but I’m about to have the greatest day ever. | 但我将要享受最棒的一天了 |
[03:46] | Tyler is taking me on a toe tasting trip. | 泰勒要带我去品脚会了 |
[03:49] | Aw, yeah, dawg. | 哈哈 太棒了 狗狗们 |
[03:51] | The vet? | 宠物医院 |
[03:53] | Aw, nah, dawg. | 天啊 不要 我不要 |
[03:56] | This isn’t toe tasting. | 这根本不是品脚会 |
[03:57] | Why do you always trick me? | 你为什么总骗我 |
[03:59] | Why do you always fall for it? | 你为什么总会信呢 |
[04:01] | You really thought that toe tasting exists? | 你觉得真会有品脚会这种东西吗 |
[04:03] | Deep down, I knew it probably didn’t. | 内心深处 我知道它也许不存在 |
[04:05] | But I wanted it, Tyler. | 但我很希望它是真的 泰勒 |
[04:07] | I wanted it so bad. | 我真的好想参加品脚会 |
[04:11] | All right. | 好吧 |
[04:14] | It’s okay, Stan. | 别担心 斯坦 |
[04:15] | It’s just a check-up. | 只是个例行检查 |
[04:17] | And if you’re a good boy, we’ll stop for some toe tasting on the way home. | 如果你乖乖的 我们可以在回家路上去一趟品脚会 |
[04:21] | Toe tasting? | 品脚会 |
[04:22] | There’s a place on the way home? | 回家路上就有 |
[04:23] | How convenient. | 真方便啊 |
[04:26] | Mommy’s taking a long time to park the car. | 妈妈怎么停了这么久的车 |
[04:28] | She’s probably scared to come in. | 她也许是不敢进来吧 |
[04:30] | She hasn’t been back since she worked here | 自从她在这儿工作时被那群动物们袭击后 |
[04:32] | and was attacked by all those animals. | 她就没再来过这儿了 |
[04:33] | That must be why they made that poster, | 所以他们做了这幅海报 |
[04:35] | “Be nice to animals or this will happen.” | 善待动物 否则如图 |
[04:40] | Oh, I just put that up. | 恕我直言 |
[04:41] | I was going to hang it at the toe tasting, but it works better here. | 我曾想把它挂在品脚会的 但现在看它在这儿更合适些 |
[04:47] | I just think it’s brave of Mom to come back. | 我觉得妈妈能回这里就很勇敢了 |
[04:49] | I mean, she’s going to be freaking out when she gets in here. | 我觉得 她进来时候大概会很崩溃吧 |
[04:52] | Ah, what a lovely day at the vet’s office. | 宠物医院里美好的一天啊 |
[04:54] | I can’t think of any place I’d rather be. | 我觉得没有比这儿更好的地方了 |
[04:57] | What did you do with my mommy, you calm, ordinary woman? | 你把我妈妈怎么了 你这个冷静 正常的女人 |
[05:02] | I just had your father teach me some relaxation techniques. | 出门前我让你爸爸交了我一些放松的技巧 |
[05:04] | I’m floating in the ocean as the waves gently massage my shoulders. | 现在我就像漂浮在海上一样 微风轻拂我的肩膀 |
[05:09] | Plash-plash. | 哗啦啦 哗啦啦 |
[05:10] | A breeze caresses my cheeks. | 微风轻抚我的脸颊 |
[05:13] | Oh, a passing ocean liner. | 一艘远洋游轮刚刚经过 |
[05:20] | This is why I’m not a people doctor. | 这就是我不愿意给人看病的原因 |
[05:24] | Hello, Dr. Young. I’m relaxed. | 你好啊 杨医生 我很放松的 |
[05:27] | Oh, oh, but the sun is burning my skin. | 哎呀 但是太阳晒疼我了 |
[05:29] | Better put on some sunscreen. | 我得赶紧擦些防晒霜 |
[05:35] | Again, not a people doctor. | 呵呵 还好我不用给人看病 |
[05:39] | Sorry to keep you waiting. | 很抱歉让你们久等了 |
[05:40] | I was dealing with a dog who may have an abdominal blockage. | 我刚刚在医治一只消化不良的狗狗 |
[05:43] | If poor little Buster doesn’t start eating in a few days, | 如果小可怜巴斯特这几天还是不吃东西 |
[05:46] | we’re going to have to do exploratory surgery. | 我们就要给他做一个肠胃探查术了 |
[05:48] | What I like to call “peeking in the Pekingese.” | 也可以叫“偷看京巴狗” |
[05:53] | I’m kidding, he’s not a Pekingese, but you can’t peek in a terrier, | 我开玩笑的 他不是京巴狗 但是除非你动机单纯 |
[05:57] | unless you have an “ulterrier” motive. | 否则可不能偷窥别人的领土 |
[06:03] | Oh, it’s the whimsical chatter of the dolphins. | 看啊 好奇怪好唠叨的海豚 |
[06:07] | You raise a good point, Mom. | 妈妈 你总结得真好 |
[06:09] | There are lots of other animals in the ocean. | 海里还有好多别的动物 |
[06:11] | There’s sharks and jellyfish that sting and Giant Squid that can crush a boat. | 还有鲨鱼 和蛰人的水母 还有可以掀翻一艘船的巨型乌贼 |
[06:17] | And who knows what else is down there? | 谁知道海水下面还有什么呢 |
[06:19] | Cameras can only go so far. | 摄像机可拍不了多深 |
[06:21] | Okay, why don’t I put your mom in the car? | 好吧 我还是送你妈妈回车上吧 |
[06:25] | I’ll be right back to finish Stan’s check-up. | 我会马上回来做完斯坦的例行检查的 |
[06:29] | I wonder if seeing Mommy like that is going to have an effect | 我在想看着妈妈那样 |
[06:30] | on how I handle stress when I grow up. | 会不会对我长大以后缓解压力有影响 |
[06:33] | Eh, I’m eight. | 不过我才八岁 |
[06:34] | Can’t worry about it now. | 不用担心得太早 |
[06:37] | This isn’t good. | 这可不好 |
[06:38] | Don’t worry, Stan. | 别担心 斯坦 |
[06:40] | The prince I marry will make everything okay, | 我要嫁的王子会搞定一切的 |
[06:41] | or they wouldn’t put it in movies. | 不然电影里不会总那么演的 |
[06:44] | No, it’s not that… | 不 不是那个 |
[06:45] | And good plan, by the way. | 不过 畅想得不错 |
[06:48] | I’m worried about that dog Buster. | 我是在担心那只狗狗巴斯特 |
[06:49] | Why? | 为什么啊 |
[06:51] | He doesn’t have an abdominal blockage. | 他没有消化不良 |
[06:53] | I noticed on the way in, his butt smells like rancid garbage, | 进来的时候我注意到了 他的屁股特别臭 |
[06:56] | so the butt’s doing its job. | 所以他的肠胃是没有问题的 |
[07:00] | But his mouth smelled rotten, which means he has a rotten tooth. | 但他的嘴巴闻起来有一股腐臭味儿 应该是他长蛀牙了 |
[07:04] | That’s why he’s not eating. | 所以他才不吃东西 |
[07:05] | Why doesn’t Dr. Young know that? | 那为什么杨医生没看出来呢 |
[07:07] | Buster probably has plaque that’s hiding the rotten tooth. | 巴斯特的牙菌斑可能遮住了那颗蛀牙 |
[07:10] | That happened to me, | 我也发生过那种情况 |
[07:12] | which is why I now brush twice daily with Tyler’s toothbrush. | 所以我现在每天用泰勒的牙刷刷两次牙 |
[07:16] | Stan, that’s gross. | 斯坦 太恶心了 |
[07:17] | Hey, it was your idea to get a dog. | 可是你说要养一只狗狗的啊 |
[07:22] | Dr. Young, what happened? | 杨医生 这是怎么了 |
[07:24] | Let’s just say the story has three participants: | 故事有三个参与者 |
[07:26] | your mother, a squirrel, and a traffic cone. | 你们的妈妈 一只松鼠 和一个交通路标 |
[07:29] | One of the first two is hiding under the traffic cone. | 其中两位躲在了交通路标下面 |
[07:31] | You don’t want to know which. | 你们大概不想知道是谁 |
[07:33] | Let’s see what’s going on with Stan. | 我们来看看斯坦怎么样了 |
[07:35] | First, shouldn’t you check on Buster again? | 你不应该先去检查一下巴斯特吗 |
[07:37] | Maybe he has a rotten tooth. | 也许他只是长了一颗蛀牙 |
[07:39] | Well, you would know better than me. | 好吧 看来你懂得比我多 |
[07:40] | I’ve only been a vet for 20 years. | 毕竟我只当了二十年兽医 |
[07:42] | That’s nothing compared to the hours you spent | 是没法和你花在 |
[07:44] | gluing a toy horse’s head onto your doll’s body. | 把马头黏在娃娃身上的时间多 |
[07:47] | Hey, this is good work. | 它看起来很美好吧 |
[07:51] | All right, class, let’s see your projects. | 上课啦 同学们 让我看看你们的作品 |
[07:54] | Knock my socks off. | 吓掉我的袜子 |
[07:55] | Metaphorically. | 只是个比喻 |
[07:56] | I don’t wear socks to better experience the world through my feet. | 我用双脚亲近这个世界 所以我不穿袜子 |
[08:01] | Ooh, Lindsay. | 哇 琳赛 |
[08:03] | Your work makes quite a statement. | 你的作品很有深意 |
[08:06] | We must learn to hug ourselves before we can expect others to hug us. | 在期待别人的拥抱时 我们要先学会拥抱自己 |
[08:10] | Right, because I sure didn’t accidentally sew myself | 是的 我肯定不是因为看电视时候分心了 |
[08:13] | into this while watching TV. | 而意外把自己缝进去的 |
[08:17] | Oh, and what statement does your project make, Avery? | 艾芙莉 你的作品表达了什么呢 |
[08:22] | It says, “Hi, I’m Avery’s jacket. | 它在说 “我是艾芙莉的外套 |
[08:25] | I hope you like things that are awesome.” | 我希望你喜欢出色的作品” |
[08:30] | I selected an advanced pattern and followed it perfectly. | 这次我选了最优模板并且完整地照做了 |
[08:34] | Then I’m giving you a “C”. | 那我就给你一个C吧 |
[08:36] | Ding-a-ling. | 听着 |
[08:37] | I can’t find my bell anywhere. | 我找不到我的铃铛了 |
[08:40] | A “C”? | 又是C |
[08:42] | I stayed up all night feeding fabric through my sewing machine. | 我在缝纫机上织了一整晚 |
[08:45] | My hands are frozen like this. | 你看我的手都麻成这样了 |
[08:47] | Well, actually, they were frozen like this. | 好吧 其实 他们是麻成这样了 |
[08:49] | But they’ve gotten this much better. | 但是能这样已经很不错了 |
[08:52] | Please, Mrs. Dupont. | 你再考虑下吧 杜邦女士 |
[08:54] | I have asked you repeatedly to call me Lavanya, Avery. | 我可是一再要求你叫我拉旺娅的 艾芙莉 |
[08:57] | Two things I learned from my Sherpa are “Be open with your thinking,” | 我从夏尔巴人身上学到了两点 “开拓你的思维” |
[09:01] | and “Walk faster, it’s getting dark. | 还有 “快走 天快要黑了 |
[09:03] | Do you want to die up here?” | 你是想死在这儿吗” |
[09:06] | Take a look at what the students around you are doing. | 看看你周围的同学们都在做什么 |
[09:09] | They are expressing themselves with open hearts, like Lindsay. | 他们都在无所顾忌地表达着自己 像琳赛一样 |
[09:16] | And Max. | 还有麦克斯 |
[09:19] | It’s a scarf. It’s a belt. | 它可以是围巾 它可以是腰带 |
[09:20] | It’s a ninja headband. Hi-ya! | 它可以是忍者头巾 看招 |
[09:23] | Brilliant. | 太棒了 |
[09:25] | I’m so sorry, I keep making you look bad. | 不好意思啊 我总把你比下去 |
[09:34] | Dad, how do you think this looks on me? | 爸爸 你觉得我穿这个怎么样 |
[09:38] | I’ve played this game with your mother and I believe my next move is, | 你妈妈就一直这么问我 我觉得我会说 |
[09:42] | “How do you think it looks on you?” | “你自己觉得呢” |
[09:45] | I think it looks amazing. | 我觉得它很好看 |
[09:47] | Then so do I. | 我也这么觉得 |
[09:49] | Exactly. | 就是啊 |
[09:50] | But my horrible teacher, Ms. Dupont, gave me a “C” | 但我那位可怕的老师 杜邦女士 给了我一个C |
[09:54] | on both this skirt and this jacket. | 裙子和外套都是这个成绩 |
[09:57] | C A “C”? | |
[09:58] | But you’ve never gotten a “C” before. | 但你从来没得过C啊 |
[09:59] | That’s what I said. | 对啊 |
[10:01] | But Ms. Dupont has it in for me. | 但杜邦女士还是这么做了 |
[10:03] | She is an evil woman. | 她简直是个魔鬼 |
[10:05] | And evil doesn’t always arrive in a cloud of fire. | 而且这个魔鬼不是在一团火云中 |
[10:07] | Sometimes it drives a ’71 V.W. Bug with 27 bumper stickers. | 她开一辆71年的大众 上面还有27个车尾贴 |
[10:11] | Dukakis lost. | 杜卡基斯已经输了 |
[10:13] | Get over it already. | 一切都过去了 |
[10:16] | Well, I only have one bumper sticker and it says “My daughter gets all ‘A’s”. | 好吧 我只有一个车尾贴 写着“我女儿一直得全优” |
[10:20] | Am I gonna have to change it? Those do not scrape off. | 我要去把它改了吗 可那个不好揭掉啊 |
[10:23] | What are colleges going to say when they notice I got a “C” in Life Skills? | 大学招生办的人看到我的生活技能课得了一个C会怎么想 |
[10:28] | It literally means I’m mediocre at life. | 不就是代表了我的生活很平庸吗 |
[10:32] | Do not worry, Avery. | 不要担心 艾芙莉 |
[10:34] | I will go down to the school and I’ll talk to her for you. | 我会去学校找她谈谈的 |
[10:36] | Great. | 太好了 |
[10:38] | I would really appreciate that, Dad. | 太谢谢爸爸了 |
[10:43] | And when do you think you might go? | 那你什么时候去呢 |
[10:44] | Tomorrow. | 明天吧 |
[10:46] | It’s been a pretty tiring day | 今天已经很累了 |
[10:48] | and I’ve got a lot of paperwork to get caught up on. | 而且我还有一堆东西要赶紧写完 |
[10:49] | Yeah, me too. | 嗯 我也是 |
[10:51] | I’ve to write an essay on my hero for English. | 英语课要求写一篇关于我的英雄的论文 |
[10:54] | I have it narrowed down to you and Mom. | 我已经把人选缩小到你和妈妈中的一位了 |
[10:56] | I’ll go now. | 那我现在就去 |
[11:03] | Guys, I just can’t stop thinking about Buster. | 两位 我一直在想巴斯特 |
[11:07] | That dog at the vet? | 宠物医院那只狗狗 |
[11:08] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[11:09] | In a few days, he’s going to have unnecessary surgery | 再过几天 他就要做一场无用的手术了 |
[11:11] | when all he needs is a rotten tooth pulled. | 但其实他只需要拔掉一颗蛀牙就可以了 |
[11:14] | It’s like how Tyler cleaned out the whole garage | 就像上次泰勒打扫了整个车库 |
[11:16] | looking for his bike and then remembered he left it at school. | 只为找到那辆他忘在学校的自行车一样 |
[11:18] | It worked out okay. | 那次还是有用的好吧 |
[11:20] | The pogo stick I found in the garage was a pretty sweet ride. | 我在车库找到的弹簧单高跷可是很好玩儿的 |
[11:23] | And I met a really cute girl who was stuck in a tree. | 而且我还遇到了一位卡在树里的美女 |
[11:27] | Guys, what are we gonna do about Buster? | 那我们该怎么帮巴斯特呢 |
[11:29] | If only we could get into the vet’s office, we could clean Buster’s tooth | 只要能进那家宠物医院 我们就可以清洁他那颗蛀牙了 |
[11:33] | and Dr. Young would be able to see what’s wrong. | 这样杨医生就明白到底是什么问题了 |
[11:35] | Well, you could pretend you’re sick so Mom will take us back there. | 你可以装病然后妈妈就会带我们回那儿了 |
[11:38] | “Pretend” is for amateurs. | “假装”这招儿太业余了 |
[11:40] | I inhabit a character. What’s my backstory? | 我可是一个演员 我的背景故事是什么 |
[11:43] | You’re a dog and you’re sick. | 你是一只生了病的狗狗 |
[11:44] | Excellent. | 真棒啊 |
[11:46] | Give me 7 weeks to shadow a sick dog and I got this. | 给我七周时间来模仿一只生病的狗狗而且我肯定能演好 |
[11:49] | Stan, we don’t have that kind of time. | 斯坦 我们可没有那么多时间了 |
[11:51] | Okay, then just an intensive session with my acting coach. | 好吧 那就让我的表演教练对我进行一次集中训练 |
[11:53] | Robert, clear your schedule. | 罗伯特 把时间都空出来 |
[11:58] | I don’t care if you have a lunch appointment. | 我才不管你今天是否和别人约了午餐 |
[12:00] | Mila Kunis is not doing your movie. | 米拉·古尼丝是不会演你的电影的 |
[12:10] | Mom, Stan’s really sick. | 妈妈 斯坦病得很严重 |
[12:12] | He needs to go back to the vet. | 他得再去一次那家宠物医院 |
[12:14] | The vet? No, I don’t think so. | 宠物医院 不 我觉得不用了 |
[12:15] | He looks fine to me. | 我觉得他看起来挺好的 |
[12:17] | This is serious, Mom. | 他真的病了 妈妈 |
[12:19] | He has a sore throat, a fever. | 他喉咙很痛 还发烧了 |
[12:20] | He can’t go to school today. | 他今天都不能去学校了 |
[12:22] | What? | 什么 |
[12:23] | Sorry, force of habit. | 不好意思 习惯了 |
[12:26] | Come on, Stan. Eat your soup. | 快点 斯坦 快喝汤啊 |
[12:28] | Eat your soup. Eat your soup! | 快喝汤啊 快喝汤吧 |
[12:33] | Okay, dial it down there, Chloe. | 克洛伊 下去 |
[12:35] | You’re spitting all over me. | 你口水喷了我一身 |
[12:38] | Aren’t you kids overreacting? | 你们这些孩子会不会太大惊小怪了 |
[12:40] | He doesn’t seem that sick. | 他看起来挺好的啊 |
[12:47] | He sounds fine to me. | 我觉得他的声音也很正常 |
[12:48] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[12:49] | All right, I will schedule a vet appointment for tomorrow. | 好吧 我预约一个宠物医院明天的门诊 |
[12:53] | I can see how worried you are, | 我能看出来你很担心 |
[12:55] | that you care more about Stan’s well-being than mine. | 很显然你关心斯坦多过了我 |
[13:00] | “No, Mom. We love you.” | “不会的 妈妈 我们爱你” |
[13:02] | Too late! | 晚了 |
[13:05] | You did it, Stan. | 你成功了 斯坦 |
[13:07] | You should win an award for that performance. | 你应该为你出色的演技得个奖 |
[13:09] | I expected to win this award. | 我就知道我会得这个奖 |
[13:12] | Oh, this is so unexpected. | 天呐 真是太意外了 |
[13:15] | I’d like to thank my entire cast. | 我要感谢我的整个团队 |
[13:17] | I’m gonna learn your names, I promise. | 我保证 我一定会记住你们的名字的 |
[13:21] | The producers for taking a chance on me. | 感谢制片人给我这个机会 |
[13:22] | Oh, I’m being told to wrap it up. | 哦 致辞时间到了 |
[13:24] | And thanks, of course, to Robert. | 再次感谢大家 当然 还有罗伯特 |
[13:26] | We did it, buddy! | 我们成功了 |
[13:30] | Are you texting? | 你是在发短信吗 |
[13:32] | I’m winning an award up here. | 我正在这儿领奖呢 |
[13:39] | Oh. Hey, Dad. | 爸爸 |
[13:41] | How did things go with Ms. Dupont? | 你和杜邦女士谈的怎么样 |
[13:42] | Lavanya? | 拉旺娅吗 |
[13:44] | Oh, she is such a sweet and enlightened woman. | 她真是位亲切开明的女士啊 |
[13:47] | After talking to her for just an hour, I’m thinking about giving up meat. | 在和她聊了一个小时之后 我考虑改吃素了 |
[13:51] | But she gave me “C” s on both of my perfect homework assignments. | 但她给我两个优秀的作品都打了C啊 |
[13:57] | I can’t believe you’re taking her side. | 我真不敢相信你站在她那边了 |
[13:59] | Look, Avery, why don’t you just take a deep breath, | 听着 艾芙莉 你先来深呼吸一下 |
[14:03] | shake it out and find your inner animal? | 甩掉一切然后找到你内在的动物 |
[14:07] | Mine is a red-tailed hawk. | 我内在的动物是一只红尾鹰 |
[14:13] | That was so much less embarrassing when I did it with Lavanya. | 我和拉旺娅这样做的时候可没有这么尴尬 |
[14:17] | She’s a panda. | 她内在的动物是熊猫 |
[14:22] | Well, even though I’m gonna get another “C”, I stayed true to my principles | 好吧 尽管我可能再得一个C 但我坚持了自己的原则 |
[14:26] | and made another flawless project. | 并且做出了这个完美的作品 |
[14:29] | Don’t do that to yourself, Avery. | 艾芙莉 别这样 |
[14:31] | Here, you could use these pants I made. | 给 你可以用我做的裤子 |
[14:32] | She’ll love them. I sewed the legs together. | 她肯定会喜欢 我把两个裤腿缝在一起了 |
[14:38] | You’re a good friend, Lindsay. | 琳赛 你真是位好朋友 |
[14:44] | It was tough to get to class wearing these. | 穿这个来学校真的很艰难 |
[14:45] | Luckily, someone left a pogo stick in the commons. | 幸运地是 有人在公共区放了一个弹簧单高跷 |
[14:47] | And I met a really cute guy who was stuck in a tree. | 而且我还遇见了一个卡在树里的帅哥 |
[14:51] | Lavanya gave me a passing grade for my “Emperor’s New Clothes” project. | 拉旺娅给我的“皇帝的新衣”作品打了及格 |
[14:55] | I also got extra credit for the matching vest. | 而且我还因为用了相配的衣架得了额外加分 |
[15:00] | Well done, Theo. | 做的真棒啊 西奥 |
[15:03] | What does the gong mean? | 敲锣是什么意思 |
[15:05] | It means I still can’t find my bell. | 代表我还是没找到我的铃铛 |
[15:09] | And what do you have for me today, Avery? | 艾芙莉 今天你做了什么呢 |
[15:11] | Another perfect project. | 依旧是一件完美的作品 |
[15:13] | Go ahead and give me a “C”. | 来吧给我个C吧 |
[15:15] | No, Avery, because I’m disappointed | 不 艾芙莉 我很失望 |
[15:17] | you’ve learned nothing from the first two assignments, I’m giving you a “D”. | 你从前两次作业当中什么也没学到 所以我要给你一个D |
[15:22] | D A “D”? | |
[15:24] | You’re giving me a “D”? | 你给了我一个D |
[15:26] | I’ll show you a “D”. | 我来给你看看什么是D |
[15:31] | There, now it looks like a “D”. | 看着 它现在真的是个D了 |
[15:33] | No, now it looks like an “F”. | 不 它现在是个F了 |
[15:38] | What just happened? | 这是怎么了 |
[15:55] | Avery, you have got to thank Lavanya for me. | 艾芙莉 你一定要代我谢谢拉旺娅 |
[15:57] | I love this new veggie lifestyle. | 我太喜欢现在这种素食者的生活了 |
[15:59] | I just made a smoothie out of Mom’s avocado face cream. | 我刚用你妈妈的鳄梨面霜做了一杯冰沙 |
[16:02] | I’m pretty sure that’s not edible. | 我很确定那个是不能食用的 |
[16:03] | I’m pretty sure you’re right. | 我很确定你是对的 |
[16:09] | Um, are you giving yourself an “F”? | 你给了你自己一个F吗 |
[16:11] | Just thinking about what Ms. Dupont would give me | 我是在想如果杜邦女士给我的画评分 |
[16:13] | if she were grading my painting. | 她会给多少分 |
[16:15] | So it didn’t go well in class today? | 今天的课还是不太顺利吗 |
[16:17] | My top was perfect and she gave me an “F”. | 我的衣服很完美但她却给了我一个F |
[16:20] | She doesn’t appreciate perfection and now I’m stress-eating cashews. | 她不懂得欣赏完美 而且我现在压力过大开始狂吃腰果了 |
[16:28] | Your inner animal is very chipmunk-y today, Avery. | 今天你内在的动物一定是只花栗鼠 艾芙莉 |
[16:32] | You should trust the panda. | 你应该相信熊猫 |
[16:34] | Quoth the red-tailed hawk. | 红尾鹰曰 |
[16:37] | How long have you been off meat? | 你多久没吃肉了 |
[16:40] | For a whole day and I’m a little lightheaded. | 一整天了 我有点儿头晕眼花了 |
[16:44] | But I actually think if Lavanya saw your painting, she’d give you an “A”. | 但我真心觉得如果拉旺娅看到了你的画 她会给你A的 |
[16:48] | I think it is exactly the kind of free and creative expression | 我觉得这才是那种她渴望在你作品中看到的 |
[16:52] | she’s pushing for in your classwork. | 自由创意的表达 |
[16:53] | But painting is what I do for myself. | 但这画是我为自己画的啊 |
[16:55] | It’s not for school. | 不是为了完成作业 |
[16:57] | And maybe that’s Lavanya’s whole point. | 也许这就是拉旺娅想要的 |
[16:59] | She wants you to break down the wall between schoolwork and creativity. | 她想要你打破作业和创意之间的隔膜 |
[17:09] | That was me hitting a gong because veggie Dad is profound. | 这就是我敲锣的声音 因为你爸吃素之后就是这么有深度 |
[17:14] | So when are you gonna start eating meat again? | 那你到底什么时候开始吃肉 |
[17:15] | Yeah, I’m still a little weak from yesterday’s dandelion cleanse. | 昨天只吃了蒲公英净化身体 我现在还是有点儿虚弱 |
[17:20] | It was very difficult to hold up an invisible gong. | 拿着一面看不见的锣真的很难 |
[17:22] | These guns need ammo, Avery. | 我需要补给了 艾芙莉 |
[17:25] | Don’t do the ca-caw. | 不要学鹰叫 |
[17:32] | So what’s the problem with Stan? | 斯坦怎么了 |
[17:34] | Well, he’s been whimpering, | 他一直在呜咽 |
[17:36] | lethargic and making this noise… | 没精打采的 而且还会发出这样的声音 |
[17:42] | Oh, even Robert couldn’t fix that performance. | 天啊 罗伯特也弥补不了她拙劣的演技了 |
[17:46] | Wow, Ellen, I’m impressed that you’re so calm this time around. | 艾伦 你可以这么冷静真是太让我震惊了 |
[17:49] | It’s because of this calming juice I got at the health food store. | 因为我在健康食品店买了这瓶镇静果汁 |
[17:52] | It’s made from herbs and vitamins which create an all-natural relaxing state. | 它含草本精华和维他命 从而使人心情平缓 |
[17:56] | It’s really working wonders. | 真的有奇效 |
[17:58] | Th-This is carrot juice. | 可这就是胡萝卜汁啊 |
[18:00] | What? | 什么 |
[18:02] | There’s no such thing as calming juice. | 就没有镇静果汁那种东西 |
[18:03] | What? | 不是吧 |
[18:05] | Now all I can think of is animals attacking me, | 现在我满脑子都是动物们在袭击我 |
[18:08] | probably because I’m staring at a poster of animals attacking me. | 大概是因为我正在盯着一张动物袭击我的海报 |
[18:11] | Who would make that? | 谁会把它贴在那儿啊 |
[18:13] | I don’t know. It just appeared one day. | 我也不知道 突然有一天它就在那儿了 |
[18:14] | But it seems to calm the animals. | 但是它能让动物平静下来 |
[18:17] | Yeah, look how calm these guys are. | 是啊 看看它们多平静 |
[18:22] | Looks like it’s car time for Mom. | 我觉得她还是回车上比较好 |
[18:27] | Now’s our chance. | 我们的机会来了 |
[18:30] | There’s Buster. | 巴斯特在这儿 |
[18:31] | We better clean his tooth fast. | 我们先迅速清洁他的牙齿 |
[18:32] | We don’t have much time. | 我们没有多少时间了 |
[18:34] | I’m going in. | 我准备好了 |
[18:39] | Floss. | 牙线 |
[18:46] | Toothpaste. | 牙膏 |
[18:50] | Toothbrush. | 牙刷 |
[18:53] | Hey, that looks just like my new toothbrush. | 这个怎么看起来像是我新买的牙刷 |
[18:55] | Coincidence, huh? | 太巧了 是吗 |
[19:05] | All right, there’s the rotten tooth. | 好了 就是这颗蛀牙 |
[19:07] | I’ve cleared away the plaque and exposed it. | 我清除了牙菌斑而且把蛀牙露出来了 |
[19:09] | Pretty much done everything except put a sign on him that says “rotten tooth”. | 除了在他身上树一个写着“蛀牙”的牌子 基本上都搞定了 |
[19:13] | Tyler, if you would. | 泰勒 请吧 |
[19:20] | Hey, what are you kids doing? | 你们这些孩子在做什么 |
[19:22] | And why is your dog wearing a surgical mask? | 为什么你们的狗狗戴着医用口罩 |
[19:24] | And why is that dog wearing a sign that says “rotten tooth”? | 为什么那只狗狗身上有个写着“蛀牙”的牌子 |
[19:28] | All good questions. | 问得好 |
[19:31] | But we really think you should take a look at Buster’s tooth, | 但我们真的希望你可以看看巴斯特的牙齿 |
[19:33] | as per the sign. | 如牌所示 |
[19:36] | You kids just won’t give up on this, will you? | 你们这些孩子就是不肯放弃 是不是 |
[19:38] | Please, Dr. Young. | 拜托了 杨医生 |
[19:40] | For me? | 就当是为了我好吗 |
[19:42] | Don’t make me blink and make a pouty face. | 不要让我眨眼撅嘴卖萌哦 |
[19:45] | I will melt your heart. | 我可是会把你萌化的 |
[19:53] | Okay, I’ll check it out. | 好吧 我检查一下 |
[19:58] | Huh. You kids were right. | 嗯 你们是对的 |
[20:00] | Buster does have a rotten tooth. | 巴斯特是有颗蛀牙 |
[20:02] | And I was about to operate on him and charge thousands of dollars | 原本我要收一千块给他动个手术 |
[20:05] | only to find nothing there and buy a new watch | 但估计在肚子里找不到任何东西 |
[20:07] | to replace the one I lost in the last dog. | 然后买一只新手表代替被上一只狗狗吃掉的表 |
[20:11] | I’m kidding. I’m kidding. | 开玩笑的 开玩笑的 |
[20:12] | I operated again to retrieve it. | 我是又做了一次手术才拿回来的 |
[20:14] | I’d never leave anything that expensive in a dog. | 我才不会在狗狗体内留那么贵重的东西呢 |
[20:22] | Ms. Dupont, I’m really sorry about how I behaved in class yesterday. | 杜邦女士 我对我昨天在课堂上的表现很抱歉 |
[20:26] | I shouldn’t have reacted so immaturely over getting a bad grade. | 我不应该为了一个差劲的成绩就表现得那么幼稚 |
[20:30] | I also shouldn’t have taken your bell. | 我也不应该拿走你的铃铛 |
[20:34] | And I re-did my homework. | 而且我重做了我的作业 |
[20:41] | I made this dress and painted this on it | 我做了这条裙子并且画了画在上面 |
[20:44] | because my painting is an expression of who I am. | 因为我觉得我的画就代表了我 |
[20:48] | And I don’t even care what grade I get. | 我也不关心我因此会得到什么成绩 |
[20:50] | Oh, Avery, I love your dress. | 艾芙莉 我很喜欢你的裙子 |
[20:53] | But I’m still not giving you an “A” for it. | 但我还是不会给你A的 |
[20:56] | What? | 什么 |
[20:58] | Your incredible project has inspired me to create a whole new grading system. | 你精彩的作品启发我创立了一个新的评分系统 |
[21:03] | I’m giving you a Cloud. | 我要给你一朵云 |
[21:05] | Is a Cloud the highest? | 云代表了最高分吗 |
[21:06] | Yes. | 是的 |
[21:09] | Sorry, sorry. Yours. | 不好意思 不好意思 这是你的 |
[21:12] | Thank you so much, Ms. Dupont. | 太感谢你了 杜邦女士 |
[21:14] | – Lavanya. – Let’s not go crazy here. | -叫拉旺娅就行 -还是别纠结了吧 |
[21:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:18] | Well, wow, Avery. A Cloud. | 哇 艾芙莉 最高分啊 |
[21:20] | That’s gonna look pretty sweet to Harvard. | 哈佛大学一定会很喜欢的 |
[21:24] | You know, when they shorten it on your report card, it’s just gonna be a “C”. | 你要知道 它在你成绩单上的简写依旧是个C |
[21:31] | This week I really went outside my comfort zone. | 这周我真的挑战了自己 |
[21:34] | And I proved I’m a qualified veterinarian and a talented actor. | 我证明了我是一位合格的兽医和一位才华横溢的演员 |
[21:38] | In fact, Robert and I decided to keep our collaboration going | 事实上 罗伯特和我决定继续我们的演艺事业 |
[21:43] | and he’s now directing me in a one-man show. | 现在他要指导我演独角戏了 |
[21:45] | My name is Benjamin Franklin. | 我是本杰明·富兰克林 |
[21:50] | Get ready to go on a 5-hour journey through my entire life. | 我要用五小时和你们一起回顾我的生平 |
[21:54] | Five hours? | 五个小时吗 |
[21:56] | Don’t worry, dogs have no concept of time. | 不要担心 狗狗们对时间没什么概念 |
[21:58] | The end. | 剧终 |
[21:59] | See. | 看吧 |