时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Okay, Tyler, keep an eye on Chloe. | 泰勒 照顾好克洛伊 |
[00:07] | Your mom and I have to go to a charity event for our date tonight. | 我和你妈今晚要去出席慈善晚会 |
[00:11] | I still don’t understand why I’m not getting paid to babysit Chloe. | 我到现在还不明白为啥我照顾克洛伊没有工资 |
[00:14] | And I still don’t understand why men have to go on dates every Saturday night | 我也还不明白为啥男人周六晚上都得去约会呢 |
[00:17] | when they’re tired and already married. | 明明他们都这么累 而且还结婚这么久了 |
[00:20] | And why women have to wear high heels | 我更不明白为啥女人要穿高跟鞋 |
[00:23] | when they’re tall and already married. | 明明她们已经够高 还结婚这么久了 |
[00:26] | Oh, hey. Pod people from pluto. | 哇 冥王星人 |
[00:29] | -That’s a pretty scary movie. -You’re telling me. | -这部电影还挺恐怖诶 -还用你告诉我吗 |
[00:31] | There’s a big warning right on the box. | 这盒子上就有个大标示 |
[00:33] | “Warning: Do not reproduce under penalty of law.” | 警告 复制者违法必究 |
[00:37] | It’s so scary, you’re not allowed to have kids after watching it. | 真是恐怖 看完这部电影连生孩子都违法了 |
[00:40] | What would they be like? | 这些外星人是有多可怕啊 |
[00:43] | This movie sounds great. | 这电影听起来很有趣 |
[00:44] | I can’t wait to watch it. | 我都等不及要看了 |
[00:45] | No, no, no, Tyler can watch it, but you’re too young. | 不 不 不 泰勒可以看 但是你还太小了 |
[00:47] | A movie like this could scar you for life. | 这种恐怖电影会给你留下终生心理阴影的 |
[00:49] | How come Tyler gets to be scarred for life? | 凭什么就泰勒能被留下终生阴影啊 |
[00:51] | I want to be scarred. | 我也想要终生阴影 |
[00:52] | And I’m sure someday you will be. | 我肯定某天你会有的 |
[00:55] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[00:56] | Scar, scar, scar for life! | 阴影 阴影 终生阴影 |
[01:18] | Well, it’s Saturday night. | 好吧 又到了周六晚 |
[01:20] | My friends are out of town. All my summer reading’s done. | 我的朋友们都出城玩了 我的暑期读物也都看完了 |
[01:23] | Time to cut loose. What crazy thing can I do? | 是时候自由发挥了 我能做点什么疯狂的事呢 |
[01:26] | I know, I’ll check my spam folder! | 我想到了 我可以看看我邮箱里的垃圾箱有什么 |
[01:30] | What? I’ve been waiting for this. | 什么 我等这个等了好久 |
[01:33] | Why did you send this to my spam folder? | 你为什么把它发到垃圾箱去了啊 |
[01:35] | You know how important this is to me! | 你知道这个对我来说有多重要吗 |
[01:36] | Easy there, Avery. | 放松点 艾芙莉 |
[01:38] | People see you talking to your computer, | 要是别人看见你跟你的电脑说话 |
[01:40] | they’ll think you have a tenuous grasp of reality. | 他们会觉得你太脱离现实了 |
[01:42] | So you want to tell your talking dog what’s up? | 你想跟你那只会说话的狗狗聊聊怎么回事吗 |
[01:46] | Stan, I have been selected to design a float for the Pasadena petal parade. | 斯坦 我被选中去设计帕萨迪纳花瓣游行的花车 |
[01:50] | Whoa, that’s the second largest flower-based parade in all of Pasadena. | 哇 那可是帕萨迪纳第二大的花瓣主题游行哦 |
[01:55] | I know, and the floats are seen by everyone in town. | 没错 而且所有市民都能看到这些花车 |
[02:00] | Well, I’m glad they got one thing right. | 好吧 他们总算做对了一件事 |
[02:02] | Did you know they passed over Robert as the grand marshal? | 你知道他们竟然忽略了罗伯特这位大元帅吗 |
[02:05] | After all he’s done for this city. | 他为这座城市做了那么多事 |
[02:07] | Get out of the car, Robert, it’s not gonna happen. | 下车吧 罗伯特 没戏了 |
[02:11] | Stan, I am the first teenager in 25 years selected to do a float. | 斯坦 我是25年来第一位被选中设计花车的青少年 |
[02:17] | -And you’ll never guess who the last one was. -Your dad. | -你肯定猜不出谁是上一个设计花车的人 -你爸爸 |
[02:19] | -How’d you know? -I looked it up on my phone while you were talking. | -你怎么知道的 -你说话的时候我刚好在手机上查到了 |
[02:22] | By the by, according to my weather app, | 再顺带一提 我的天气应用说 |
[02:25] | it’s gonna be 97 degrees in New York tomorrow. | 明天纽约会有97华氏度 |
[02:28] | It’s just gonna smell like hot garbage. | 闻起来就像热垃圾堆一样 |
[02:30] | Man, I wish I was there. | 天哪 真希望我明天在那里 |
[02:33] | Dad is gonna be so excited. | 老爸知道后一定会很激动 |
[02:36] | You know, he’s always doing stuff with Tyler and Chloe, | 你知道 他总是在跟泰勒克洛伊一起 |
[02:38] | but I’ve never had a chance | 而我从没有过这样的机会 |
[02:40] | to do a big project like this and really connect with him. | 完成一项和他如此密切相关的项目 |
[02:43] | And I’m not even going to let the rest of the family help out, | 而且我还不打算让除他以外的其他人帮忙 |
[02:45] | so it can be our special thing. | 这样一来 这个项目就会是我们之间特别的回忆了 |
[02:47] | It’s the reason I applied for it. | 这也是我提出申请的原因 |
[02:48] | Avery, that’s really great. | 艾芙莉 这真是太棒了 |
[02:50] | I’m so happy for you. | 我为你感到高兴 |
[02:52] | Is that the right reaction? | 这是正常反应吗 |
[02:53] | I’m sorry, all I could think about the whole time | 对不起 你刚才说话的时候 |
[02:55] | you were talking is hot garbage. | 我脑子里全是热垃圾 |
[02:57] | Hot, hot garbage. | 很热很热的热垃圾 |
[03:07] | What are you doing? Chloe, you’re not supposed to be watching this. | 你怎么在这里 克洛伊 你不能看这个的 |
[03:10] | Well, you are a terrible babysitter. You had three jobs. | 这只能说明你是个失职的保姆 你应该做三件事 |
[03:13] | Don’t let me watch this movie, make me go to bed, | 不准我看电影 哄我上床睡觉 |
[03:15] | and keep me out of mommy’s makeup. | 还有不让我拿到妈妈的化妆品 |
[03:16] | Well, you didn’t get into mommy’s makeup. | 至少你没拿到妈妈的化妆品呀 |
[03:21] | You’re a terrible babysitter! | 你是个失职的保姆 |
[03:24] | Get over here. | 你给我过来 |
[03:27] | You can’t tell mom and dad you saw this movie, or we’ll both get in trouble. | 你不能告诉爸妈你看了这部电影 要不然咱俩都会有麻烦 |
[03:30] | They’ll be home soon. Now get to bed right away. | 他们就要回到家了 快去睡觉 |
[03:32] | I can’t. I’m too scared. | 我不敢 我好害怕 |
[03:34] | Just go get ready. | 快去准备着吧 |
[03:35] | I’ll be up to check under your bed for pod people in a minute. | 我等会儿就上去看看你的床底有没有外星人 |
[03:37] | There could be pod people under my bed? | 我的床底下会有外星人吗 |
[03:39] | Why would you say that? | 你为什么要说这种话 |
[03:41] | I didn’t even know they went under beds! | 我都不知道外星人会藏在床底下的 |
[03:43] | I-I-I didn’t mean they’re just under beds. | 我我我又不是说他们现在就在床底下 |
[03:45] | -They could be anywhere. -Anywhere? I’m anywhere! | -他们可能在别的地方啊 -别的地方 我就在别的地方啊 |
[03:49] | Scarred for life! Scarred for life! | 终生阴影 终生阴影 |
[03:53] | I’m gonna go make sure she’s okay. | 我要去看看她有没有事 |
[03:55] | You should. | 你是该去看看了 |
[03:57] | But first, what is my life about? | 不过我得先弄清楚 我的人生定位是什么 |
[03:59] | -A wise quacker. -What? | -一个睿智的鸭子 -什么 |
[04:01] | Sorry, that’s the answer to a different question. | 抱歉 那是另一个问题的答案 |
[04:03] | Ask me “what’s another name for a clever duck?” | 快问我”一只聪明鸭子的另一种叫法是什么” |
[04:08] | I’m serious. That movie made me think. | 我是很认真的好吗 那部电影引发了我的思考 |
[04:11] | The hero’s life didn’t have any meaning | 在英雄拯救地球免于毁灭之前 |
[04:13] | until he saved the earth from destruction. | 他的人生还是没有意义的 |
[04:15] | I’d love to save the planet, but I don’t have the time. | 我也很想拯救这个星球 可惜我没那么多时间 |
[04:17] | My hair alone takes two to three hours a day. | 单单是我的头发每天就要花掉我两到三小时了 |
[04:21] | So what gives my life meaning? | 那什么事能给我的人生带来意义呢 |
[04:22] | My hair feels full, but my life doesn’t. | 我的头发感到非常满足 可我的人生一点也不满意啊 |
[04:26] | Have you been shampooing and conditioning your life regularly? | 你定期洗涤和修整你的人生了吗 |
[04:30] | ‘Cause that might be the problem. | 这可能就是问题所在了 |
[04:35] | Come on, director, if you’re gonna do a commentary, | 拜托了导演 你要是要做解释 |
[04:37] | tell me what my life means! | 就告诉我我的人生到底是为了什么啊 |
[04:39] | I don’t care that you made the alien brains out of oatmeal and salsa! | 我才不关心你用燕麦和洋葱汁做出了外星人的大脑咧 |
[04:42] | Okay, I do care, | 好吧 我是挺在意的 |
[04:43] | ’cause it was awesome and it sounds delicious, but still. | 因为听起来好棒而且好好吃 但我还是更关心我自己 |
[04:49] | I have not felt this good in a long time. | 我好久没觉得这么开心了 |
[04:52] | Going to this charity event and giving back really brings out the best in you. | 参加慈善晚会的捐献真的可以唤醒人的至善 |
[04:55] | I know, we’re like the nicest, kindest, | 我懂 我们就像是全帕萨迪纳市 |
[04:57] | most generous people in all of Pasadena. Eat that, Millers! | 最好最善良最慷慨的人了 不行了吧 米勒一家 |
[05:03] | I thought you guys were dreading that charity thing. | 我还以为你们很怕参加这种慈善活动呢 |
[05:05] | Yeah, we were, but being there makes you realize | 是啊 我们以前是挺怕的 可是真正到了那里以后 |
[05:08] | that life really is about helping others. | 你就会发现 人生其实就是要帮助他人 |
[05:09] | So that’s what gives meaning to your life? | 所以是慈善让你们领悟到人生的真谛 |
[05:12] | Yeah, Tyler, we’ve been saying this to you for years. | 是啊 泰勒 我们十几年来一直都在跟你说这个呢 |
[05:14] | But you didn’t tell me through the television, and that’s how I learn. | 可你没在电视上跟我说啊 我只通过这种方式学东西 |
[05:20] | Man, that was a scary movie. | 天啊 那电影真够恐怖的 |
[05:22] | I’ve got to find something to get my mind off it. | 我要找点东西来转移我的注意力 |
[05:24] | Goats! Perfect. | 山羊 太好了 |
[05:26] | I like goats. Goats are friendly. | 我喜欢山羊 山羊是很友好的动物 |
[05:39] | The Pasadena petal parade? | 帕萨迪纳花瓣游行 |
[05:40] | That’s the second largest flower-based parade in all of Pasadena. | 那可是帕萨迪纳的第二大花瓣主题游行 |
[05:45] | Your dad is gonna be so happy you’re doing this just like he did | 你爸爸看到你做他年少时曾经做过的事 一定会觉得很高兴 |
[05:48] | when he was a teenager. And we are going to have so much fun building it. | 而我们一起做花车的时候也一定很有趣 |
[05:50] | What’s our theme? | 我们的主题是什么 |
[05:51] | Well, my theme is “out of this world.” | 呃 我的主题是”世界之外” |
[05:55] | My float is going to be a spaceship based on the pod people movie. | 我打算用外星人电影里面的太空船来做花车 |
[05:58] | Your theme is “out of this project,” | 你的主题是”项目之外” |
[06:01] | based on the fact that I really don’t want you involved. | 因为我根本不想让你帮我一起做 |
[06:05] | Your tone was so positive but what you said was so negative. | 你说话的语气是这么积极 可你说话的内容又是这么消极 |
[06:08] | It’s like being slapped by a clown. | 我觉得我就像是被小丑打了一巴掌 |
[06:11] | Why don’t you want me involved? | 为什么你不想让我帮忙啊 |
[06:13] | You know how you are. | 你也知道你是个什么样的人啦 |
[06:14] | Yeah, of course, I know how I am. | 是啊 当然啦 我知道我是什么人 |
[06:16] | Bennett, how am I? Tell me now. | 班尼特 我是个怎样的人 快告诉我 |
[06:20] | Avery said to me, “you know how you are.” | 艾芙莉刚刚跟我说 “你知道你是什么样的人” |
[06:22] | What do you think she meant? | 你觉得她说这话是什么意思啊 |
[06:24] | Do not hold your breath and try to pass out on me. | 别想憋气憋昏迷来糊弄我 |
[06:30] | Look, if you want to know what she meant, why don’t you just ask her? | 要是你想知道她什么意思 你为什么不直接问她 |
[06:33] | I don’t want to seem insecure. | 我不想看起来那么不自信 |
[06:34] | What if that’s what she meant? | 要是她想说的就是这个 我该怎么办 |
[06:36] | I’m not getting slapped by that clown again. | 我才不要再被小丑打一遍 |
[06:42] | All I wanted to do is help her with her float in the Pasadena petal parade. | 我只是想帮她做帕萨迪纳花瓣游行的花车 |
[06:46] | She got it? Oh, that is great. | 她被选上了 哦 那真是太棒了 |
[06:48] | That is the second largest flower-based parade in all of Pasadena. | 那可是帕萨迪纳的第二大花瓣主题游行 |
[06:52] | Hon, don’t feel bad. | 亲爱的 别伤心 |
[06:54] | Avery probably just wants to do this by herself | 或许艾芙莉只是想自己完成这个项目 |
[06:56] | and she knows how you are. | 而且她很清楚你是个怎样的人 |
[06:58] | How am I? | 我是怎样的人 |
[07:01] | Bennett! | 班尼特 |
[07:05] | Listen, Avery isn’t gonna want us horning in and taking over. | 听着 艾芙莉肯定不想让我们插手把所有事都帮她做完 |
[07:08] | We should just back off, and let this be her thing. | 我们应该放手 给机会她自己发挥 |
[07:11] | But can you, Bennett? Can you? | 可你能这样做吗 班尼特 你能吗 |
[07:13] | You know how you are. | 你知道你是怎样的人 |
[07:14] | Yes, and I’m fine with how I am. | 是啊 而且我觉得我现在这样就挺好 |
[07:17] | No, you’re supposed to be completely bothered by my saying that. | 不 你应该对我说的那句话感到非常困惑才对 |
[07:19] | Sorry, I’m not. That’s not how I am. | 对不起 我就是不会那样 我就不是那样的人 |
[07:22] | That’s how you are. | 你才是那样的人 |
[07:27] | I’m so tired. | 我好累啊 |
[07:29] | I couldn’t sleep last night thinking about aliens coming to earth | 我昨晚一晚上没睡 一直在想外星人要来侵略地球 |
[07:31] | to turn us into pod people. | 把我们全都变成外星人的样子 |
[07:33] | Me, too. Plus goats. | 我也是 我还想到了山羊 |
[07:37] | I wish I could ask mommy and daddy about the movie, | 我好想问老爸老妈那部电影的事 |
[07:40] | but they told me not to watch it. | 可他们总是不许我看 |
[07:41] | They also told me not to eat pie for dinner. | 他们还叫我晚饭不要吃派 |
[07:43] | I listened about the pie. | 我听了他们的话没有吃派 |
[07:45] | I should have listened about the movie. | 早知道我也该听话不看电影了 |
[07:47] | Also, I didn’t listen about the pie. | 好吧 我没听话 我吃了派 |
[07:48] | My tummy hurts. | 现在我的肚子开始疼了 |
[07:51] | Maybe it’s a good thing we saw the movie. | 搞不好我们看了电影也是件好事呢 |
[07:53] | Now if aliens come for real, we’ll know what to be on the lookout for. | 现在如果真的有外星人来了 我们就知道应该注意些什么了 |
[07:56] | Right. Like when someone becomes a pod person, | 没错 比如说如果有人要变成外星人 |
[07:58] | their head gets bigger. | 他们的头就会开始变大 |
[08:00] | I just don’t know about Avery, Bennett. | 我真的不懂艾芙莉 班尼特 |
[08:02] | Maybe it’s not how I am. | 可能我并不是那样的人呢 |
[08:03] | Maybe she’s getting a big head. | 可能是她太自以为是了 |
[08:07] | I mean, look at this spaceship she wants to build. | 你看看她打算建的那艘太空船 |
[08:10] | It’s very ambitious. | 她太有野心了 |
[08:13] | And the way she was talking to me, Bennett, | 还有她跟我说话的语气 班尼特 |
[08:15] | it’s like she was purposely trying to alienate me. | 就像是她故意想要疏远我 |
[08:18] | Alienate? I bet that means to turn someone into an alien. | 输远 我猜那是把人类输到外星去变成外星人 |
[08:24] | No, mommy, don’t let Avery alienate you! | 不 老妈 别让艾芙莉输远你 |
[08:26] | Oh, honey, it’s sweet that you’re concerned, | 哦 亲爱的 你这么关心我 真是太贴心了 |
[08:28] | but we would never let that happen. | 但我们是不会让这种事情发生的 |
[08:30] | Not in my house! | 休想在我家撒野 |
[08:33] | I’ve always wanted to say that. | 我一直想说说这句话 |
[08:35] | Now that you have? Meh! | 现在你有机会说啦 |
[08:37] | Ah! Goat! | 啊 山羊 |
[08:40] | What are you going to do about Avery? | 那你们打算对艾芙莉怎么做 |
[08:42] | You can’t let her be this way. | 你们不能让她就这个样子呀 |
[08:43] | You may not have noticed because of the way you idolize her, | 可能因为你太崇拜她 所以一直没有注意到 |
[08:46] | but Avery has always been this way. | 但艾芙莉一直都是这个样子 |
[08:51] | Avery’s been an alien this whole time. | 艾芙莉一直是个外星人 |
[08:54] | She just looks like a human. | 她只是看起来像人类 |
[08:56] | That’s what pod people are! | 外星人就是这样的 |
[08:57] | All her strange behavior suddenly makes sense. | 她所有的奇怪举动都有了充分的解释 |
[09:09] | And she has a talking dog! | 而且她还有只会说话的狗 |
[09:11] | All the signs were there! | 所有的迹象都齐了 |
[09:14] | We’ve got to do something before she alienates the whole family | 在她输远我们家 把我们都变成外星人 |
[09:17] | turns everybody into pod people, and destroys the earth with her spaceship! | 用她的太空船毁灭地球以前 我们一定要做些什么 |
[09:22] | I just don’t know how she’s going to have time | 我就不明白她怎么会有足够的时间 |
[09:24] | to build that spaceship and also do that float for the parade. | 同时建飞船和游行的花车 |
[09:28] | Aliens be multitasking. | 外星人还能同时处理多任务啊 |
[09:32] | Feed me, feed me. | 喂我 喂我 |
[09:34] | Where is that coming from? | 这声音是从哪儿来的啊 |
[09:36] | Feed me. Feed me. | 喂我 喂我 |
[09:39] | Would you be quiet? | 你安静点行吗 |
[09:42] | Maybe I should come back another time. | 可能我该下次再来 |
[09:44] | No, no, sweetie, this is fine. | 不 不 亲爱的 没事没事 |
[09:46] | I just need to turn this off. | 我只要把这玩意关掉就行 |
[09:47] | -Feed me. -Or maybe I’ll just feed her. | -喂我 -我还是直接喂她好了 |
[09:51] | So I have some big news. | 我有好消息哦 |
[09:53] | I know. Your mom told me. | 我知道 你老妈告诉我了 |
[09:55] | The Pasadena petal parade. Congratulations. | 帕萨迪纳花瓣游行 恭喜你 |
[09:58] | Well, the thing is… | 呃 我想说的是 |
[10:00] | – Burp me. – Sorry, Avery. Go on. | -拍我 -抱歉 艾芙莉 你继续 |
[10:04] | So I’m not even gonna let mom and Tyler help out, | 我甚至不让妈妈和泰勒帮忙 |
[10:07] | and I came in here to ask you… | 我来是想叫你 |
[10:08] | to stay out of it, too. I get it. | 别插手这件事 我懂的 |
[10:12] | Oh, good girl. | 噢 好宝宝 |
[10:15] | Look, Avery, you and I know that I’m the one who’s done this before. | 艾芙莉 咱们都知道 因为我之前做过这个项目 |
[10:18] | And I would just come in with all my ideas | 所以我会想出很多我的点子 |
[10:20] | and then this wouldn’t be your thing anymore. | 然后这个项目就不能算你自己做出来的了 |
[10:22] | Well, I just thought that… | 呃 我只是想说 |
[10:23] | I should stay out of it. | 我应该静静围观 |
[10:25] | I’m okay with that, | 我很理解你的想法 |
[10:26] | and I am so proud of you for doing this without me. | 同时我也觉得你能独立完成真是太让我骄傲了 |
[10:29] | You are going to make an amazing float. | 你会做出一个很赞的花车 |
[10:31] | I can’t wait to see it. | 我拭目以待哦 |
[10:33] | Oh. Yeah. | 哦 当然啦 |
[10:34] | Because that’s the whole reason I applied for it. | 那正是我递交申请的原因啊 |
[10:37] | To make an amazing float without you. | 在没有你的帮助下做出很赞的花车 |
[10:40] | -Change me. -Ellen! | -帮我换衣服 -艾伦 |
[10:43] | I am not changing your doll again! | 我才不要再帮你的娃娃换衣服 |
[10:51] | So, how was your first day making your float? | 第一天做花车 感觉怎么样 |
[10:54] | Not to pry, just idle curiosity. | 这不是窥探 只是无聊的好奇而已 |
[10:57] | ‘Cause that’s how I am. Idle and curious. | 因为我就是这样的 很无聊 又很好奇 |
[11:01] | Oh, I wonder where these are made. | 哦 我想知道这个是在哪里制造的 |
[11:03] | The float’s not going well, mom. | 花车建造进行得很不顺利 妈妈 |
[11:05] | You’ve got to help me. | 你得来帮帮我 |
[11:06] | My friends are all out of town, | 我的朋友们都不在城里 |
[11:08] | and the person I was planning on having help me… | 唯一一个我想让他帮忙的人却 |
[11:10] | Doesn’t want to. | 不想帮我 |
[11:12] | Well, I’m a little hurt that I’m not your first choice. | 好吧 虽然我不是你的第一选择这让我有点难过 |
[11:13] | Is that how I am? Easily hurt? | 我是那样的人吗 容易受伤的人 |
[11:15] | Because I think of myself as having a very thick skin. | 因为我觉得我是个脸皮很厚的人啊 |
[11:18] | Don’t you? | 你不觉得吗 |
[11:21] | Of course. Of course, your skin is so thick. | 当然啦 当然啦 你脸皮真的很厚 |
[11:24] | You’re like a hippopotamus. | 你就像个河马一样 |
[11:27] | Thank you, Avery. | 谢谢你啊艾芙莉 |
[11:28] | I am a thick hippo, aren’t I? | 我可是个皮很厚的河马 不是吗 |
[11:31] | It’s just I need this float to be amazing. | 我真的很想做出一个很棒的花车 |
[11:34] | I really want dad to be proud of me. | 我想让老爸为我骄傲 |
[11:36] | I want everyone in town to be proud. | 我想让市里的所有人为我骄傲 |
[11:39] | Even the guy in the bunny suit who spins the sign outside the copy place. | 甚至包括那个在复印部外面转标语牌的兔子人偶 |
[11:43] | Why do I care what he thinks? | 我为什么要在意他的想法 |
[11:44] | And what do bunnies have to do with making copies? | 再说 兔子和复印有什么关系 |
[11:47] | Oh, wait, I just got it. | 哦 等等 我懂了 |
[11:49] | Well played, Donny. | 有一手哦 唐尼 |
[11:52] | So will you help me build my spaceship? | 那么你愿意帮我建太空船吗 |
[11:56] | Oh, I have no power to resist that hug, Avery. I’m in. | 哦 叫我怎么拒绝你的拥抱呢 艾芙莉 我加入了 |
[12:02] | Thanks, mom. | 谢谢老妈 |
[12:03] | I feel like together, we can conquer the whole world. | 我觉得咱们俩联手就能征服全世界 |
[12:09] | That’s how she turns her victims into pod people. | 这就是她将目标变为外星人的方法 |
[12:11] | Special hugs. | 特殊的拥抱 |
[12:14] | It’s just like the alien mind meld from the movie. | 就像电影里外星人的思想入侵 |
[12:17] | From now on, we can’t let anyone hug us. | 从现在起 我们不能让任何人抱我们了 |
[12:19] | But how? We’re the two most huggable ones in this whole house. | 可我们要怎么做 我们是这屋子里最好抱的了 |
[12:22] | Maybe in all of Pasadena. | 搞不好是全帕萨迪纳最好抱的 |
[12:23] | Chloe, you’re so tired, you’re not making any sense. | 克洛伊 你太累了 都开始胡说八道了 |
[12:26] | We’re the most huggable ones in the whole world. | 我们可是全世界最好抱的 |
[12:33] | Hey, dad, so you’re still in a good mood about that charity thing, huh? | 老爸 你还在为慈善晚会的事情开心着吧 |
[12:36] | Actually, I am, Tyler. | 是呀 泰勒 |
[12:37] | That, and this apple is promising to be really firm, but juicy. | 让我开心的还有这个结实又多汁的苹果 |
[12:41] | When you hear that noise when I cut it, yup, | 听到我切开它的声音了吗 啧啧 |
[12:44] | everything is coming up Bennett. | 一切都走上了光明美好的班尼特大道 |
[12:47] | I was trying to do that thing you said | 我在按照你说的努力给我的人生带来意义 |
[12:49] | to give my life meaning by helping people. | 也就是帮助他人 |
[12:51] | I saw a bunch of nerds at the mall and said, “hey, nerds, | 我在超市看到一堆呆子 我跟他们说 |
[12:53] | get over here. I’m gonna fix you.” | “呆子们过来 我会治好你们的” |
[12:56] | They just scattered like roaches and ran into a comic book store, | 然后他们就像蟑螂一样散开跑到漫画书店去了 |
[13:00] | so I couldn’t follow. | 我根本追不上去啊 |
[13:02] | That doesn’t sound like they wanted to be helped. | 看来他们不太想接受帮助啊 |
[13:05] | Oh. Yeah. | 嘎嘣脆 |
[13:07] | Try finding someone who really needs your help. | 试着找找真正需要要你帮忙的人 |
[13:09] | But where am I gonna find someone like that? | 可我要上哪找那种人啊 |
[13:12] | Tyler, I really need your help. | 泰勒 我想要你帮我 |
[13:13] | Not a chance! Sorry, reflex. | 想都别想 抱歉 这是条件反射了 |
[13:17] | I meant to say, “never happening.” | 我是想说 “没门” |
[13:18] | Why do I keep doing that? | 我为嘛老要这么说 |
[13:20] | Will you help mom and me decorate my float for the parade? | 你能帮我和老妈装饰我的游行花车吗 |
[13:23] | Sure, I’d love to. Man, that felt weird. | 当然啦 我很愿意 天哪 这感觉太奇怪了 |
[13:27] | Thank you, Tyler. | 谢谢你 泰勒 |
[13:28] | Not the hug, Tyler! Don’t! | 别跟她抱抱 泰勒 别 |
[13:30] | Here, I’ll show you the plans. | 来 我给你看我的计划 |
[13:32] | Oh, no. Tyler’s become a pod person. | 哦不 泰勒要变成外星人了 |
[13:35] | But why would an advanced alien race want Tyler? | 可为什么先进的外星人会想要泰勒呢 |
[13:39] | Maybe to plant him on a hair farm to grow themselves wigs. | 可能是他们想把泰勒种到农场去长假发吧 |
[13:42] | Yes, that’s it. I don’t need sleep to come | 对 就是这样 我都不用睡觉就能 |
[13:45] | to that brilliantly logical conclusion! | 想出这种天才一般富有逻辑的结论 |
[13:51] | Daddy, Tyler and mommy have joined Avery. | 老爸 泰勒和妈妈都加入艾芙莉军团了 |
[13:54] | And we’re the only ones left. You have to help. | 只剩下我们了 你得帮帮他们 |
[13:56] | Well, I wish I could, but I have to stay out of it. | 我也想啊 不过我说了不插手的 |
[13:59] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:00] | Feed me. | 喂我 |
[14:01] | Ignore that. | 别理他 |
[14:03] | Honey, you may be too young to understand this, | 亲爱的 你可能还太小 不能理解 |
[14:05] | but if I try to help, it’ll only make things worse. | 可我如果硬要帮她的话 我只会帮倒忙 |
[14:08] | But you go on and do what you can. | 不过你可以继续做你力所能及的事啊 |
[14:09] | Okay, I’ll go save the world. | 好 我要去拯救世界 |
[14:12] | I’ll do it for you, daddy. | 为了你哦 老爸 |
[14:13] | Oh, that is so cute. | 哦 真是太可爱了 |
[14:15] | Yeah, you go on, save the world for daddy. | 是啊 你继续吧 为了老爸拯救世界 |
[14:19] | So it’s up to us, Stan. We’ve got to stop Avery | 现在就看我们的了 斯坦 我们要阻止艾芙莉 |
[14:22] | and free Tyler and mommy from being pod people. | 拯救泰勒和老妈 不让他们变成外星人 |
[14:25] | We better do it before they plant you in one of their hair farms. | 我们要在他们把你种到头发农场之前就行动 |
[14:28] | Plant me? What do you mean plant me? | 种我 你说种我是什么意思 |
[14:30] | Nothing, nothing. | 没什么 没什么 |
[14:33] | You have nothing to worry about. | 你什么都不用担心 |
[14:40] | Okay, the parade is tomorrow, | 好 游行明天就开始了 |
[14:42] | so we have less than 24 hours to finish decorating. | 所以我们只剩下不到24小时来完成装饰 |
[14:45] | These coveralls are partly to protect your clothes, | 这套工作服有部分原因是要保护你们的衣物 |
[14:47] | but mainly because studies show when workers are dressed alike, | 但主要还是因为有研究表明当工人们穿着相似时 |
[14:51] | they follow their leader blindly… gladly. | 他们会盲目地听从领导者的话 噢是开心地 |
[14:54] | I really need this float to be great so thank you both so much for helping. | 我真的很想把花车做好 所以真的很谢谢你们愿意帮我 |
[14:58] | Well, you know how I am. Helpful. | 你知道我是怎样的人啦 我总是那么乐于助人 |
[15:01] | That is how I am, right? You don’t have to say it. | 我就是这样的人 对吧 你不用说出来了 |
[15:03] | I know it is, I know it is. | 我懂的 我懂的 |
[15:05] | Hey, I’m happy to help because it’s going to give my life meaning. | 能帮上你的忙 我很开心 因为这能给我的人生带来意义 |
[15:08] | So far, it’s only given my life boredom and frustration, | 虽然目前为止这只给我的人生带来无聊和沮丧 |
[15:11] | but I’m hoping that meaning part is coming right up | 不过我希望有意义的部分很快就要到来 |
[15:13] | behind it like the dessert part of a healthy meal. | 正如甜品总会在健康餐以后才上桌 |
[15:17] | Good luck with that. | 祝你好运 |
[15:21] | All right, Stan. Are you ready to go undercover in these spacesuits, | 好了 斯坦 你准备好穿着这些太空服秘密行动 |
[15:25] | so we can stop their evil plan? | 来结束他们的邪恶计划了吗 |
[15:28] | I’m totally down for stopping their evil plan, | 我完全准备好了 |
[15:31] | but then can we still keep these spacesuits? | 但是完事之后我们能保留这套太空服吗 |
[15:33] | They are super-comfy. Almost like coveralls. | 穿起来好舒服 就像工作服一样 |
[15:38] | Oh, no. | 哦 不 |
[15:40] | They’re just like the pod people from the movie. | 他们就像电影里的外星人 |
[15:44] | -Almost done, mom? -Getting there. | -快做好了吗 老妈 -就快啦 |
[15:47] | Okay, either we’re really tired ’cause we’re freaked out | 好吧 要么是我们俩这两天怕得睡不着觉 |
[15:49] | and haven’t slept in two days and we’re seeing things, | 累到精神失常才看到这种幻觉 |
[15:52] | or they all have giant alien heads. | 要么就是他们真的有巨大的外星人头 |
[15:54] | Giant alien heads does make the most sense. | 巨大外星人头比较有说服力 |
[15:57] | That’s what I was thinking! | 我也是这样想的 |
[16:00] | I know we can make this the best spaceship ever, | 我知道我们可以做出前所未有的最好的太空船 |
[16:03] | then march it through the town and blow everyone away. | 然后行走在市里 让所有人都为之震撼 |
[16:11] | Tyler, it is so nice that you are helping your sister with this. | 泰勒 你肯帮你妹妹真是太好了 |
[16:14] | But I’m not feeling good about it yet. | 可我目前的感觉还不太好 |
[16:16] | I’m still not getting the dessert part of the healthy meal. | 我还没尝到健康餐的甜品环节呢 |
[16:19] | Where’s my pudding? | 我的布丁在哪 |
[16:20] | Where’s my feel-good pudding? | 我的奇妙感觉布丁呢 |
[16:23] | I thought you liked healthy food. | 我以为你喜欢健康餐 |
[16:25] | Not as much as feel-good pudding, mom. | 我只是更喜欢好吃的布丁 |
[16:27] | Not nearly as much. | 比喜欢健康餐多很多 |
[16:32] | I think we’re going to finish on time, mom. | 我觉得我们能准时完成任务了 老妈 |
[16:34] | I really owe you. | 我真的欠你一份人情 |
[16:35] | You can repay me by telling me how I am. | 你可以还我这份人情呀 告诉我我是怎样的人 |
[16:37] | You’re somebody who latches on to something somebody says and won’t let it go. | 你就是那种会一直纠结于别人说的话 死活不肯看开点的人 |
[16:40] | No, that doesn’t sound like me. | 不 那才不是我咧 |
[16:44] | Okay, mom. | 好吧 老妈 |
[16:45] | The only reason I said that is because I really wanted | 我说那种话的原因只是 |
[16:48] | dad to help me with this instead of you, | 我真的想让老爸来帮我做这件事 而不是你 |
[16:50] | and I didn’t want to hurt your feelings. | 可我又不想让你伤心 |
[16:51] | You didn’t want to hurt my feelings and yet you’re telling me this? | 你说不想我伤心 那你现在跟我说这件事干嘛 |
[16:54] | You know how I am! | 你知道我是怎样的人啊 |
[16:57] | But you and I have gotten to do so many great things together. | 可是我们一起做过很多这种很有意思的事情了 |
[17:00] | I’ve never done anything like this with dad. | 我还没跟老爸一起做过些什么 |
[17:03] | I really wanted to share something special with him. | 我真的很想能和爸爸有一份特别的回忆 |
[17:04] | Oh, sweetie. You know what? | 哦 宝贝 你知道吗 |
[17:06] | I’m gonna call your dad right now and… | 我现在就要打电话给你爸爸 |
[17:08] | no, no, no. Don’t. | 别别别 千万别 |
[17:09] | You should have seen how proud he was of me | 你肯定看到了我能够不依靠他的帮助 |
[17:11] | doing this without his help. | 进行这项工作让他多么自豪 |
[17:13] | And he’s going to be even prouder when he sees how great the float turns out. | 而且他看到这个花车的样子以后一定会更自豪的 |
[17:17] | Please don’t mess that up for me. | 拜托你千万不要搞砸了 |
[17:19] | Okay, I won’t. | 好吧 我不会的 |
[17:20] | And maybe next year, we can have a turn bonding | 或许明年 就轮到我们做一些 |
[17:22] | when you try something I did when I was your age, Irish step dancing. | 我在你这个年纪做过的事 例如爱尔兰踢踏舞 |
[17:27] | Until I was kicked out for trash talk. | 直到我因为说错了话被踢出舞蹈队 |
[17:29] | “You’re dancing like you’ve got blarney stones in your ghillies.” | “你跳舞的样子就像你鞋子里塞了巧言石一样” |
[17:33] | Trust me, that’s really mean. | 相信我 这话真的很刻薄 |
[17:42] | We’ve been spying on them for hours, | 我们都监视了好几小时了 |
[17:43] | and I still don’t know how we’re gonna stop them. | 我还不知道我们该怎样阻止他们 |
[17:46] | And look, the ship is almost done. | 看啊 太空船就要做好了 |
[17:52] | Boy, I am so sleepy. | 天啊 我真的好困 |
[17:54] | Is there any chance that’s affecting the way we’re seeing all this? | 会不会我们看到的这些东西都是幻觉啊 |
[17:57] | No, how could it be? | 不 怎么可能啦 |
[17:58] | A dog and a 7-year-old girl are trying to stop aliens from taking over the planet. | 狗狗和七岁女孩要阻止外星人侵略地球 |
[18:02] | Everything’s normal. | 这简直再正常不过了 |
[18:07] | We did it. Oh, we pulled it off. | 我们做到了 我们完成了 |
[18:09] | -Thank you guys so much. -Oh, Avery, I could not be more pleased. | -真的很谢谢你们 -哦 艾芙莉 我也很开心 |
[18:12] | I’m so happy I could dance. | 我开心到要跳起舞来了 |
[18:18] | It’s fun. You’ll see, you’ll see. | 很有趣的 你会懂的你会懂的 |
[18:19] | When you do it next year, you’ll see. | 等你明年跳的时候 你就会懂了 |
[18:22] | You know, Avery, seeing you this happy makes me feel… Wow, happy. | 艾芙莉 看见你这么开心我也觉得 呃 很开心 |
[18:27] | There’s the feel-good pudding! | 好吃布丁的感觉终于来了 |
[18:29] | My life has meaning. Thank you. | 我的人生终于有了意义 谢谢你 |
[18:31] | I never have to help anyone ever again. | 我以后再也不用帮助别人了 |
[18:34] | Wait, Tyler, that’s not the way it… | 等等 泰勒 才不是这样 |
[18:35] | mom, let the boy have his pudding. | 老妈 就让这孩子享受他的布丁吧 |
[18:39] | So, you ready to climb behind the wheel? | 那么 你准备好坐上我的战车了吗 |
[18:42] | Rev that engine, and we’ll drive it right out to the staging area. | 发动引擎 然后我们就直接开到舞台区吧 |
[18:47] | It’s not moving. | 动不了 |
[18:50] | Give it more gas. | 再加点油啊 |
[18:52] | I’m giving her all she’s got, captain. | 报告队长 我已经把油都加尽了 |
[18:54] | I don’t know if the engines can take any more. | 我不知道发动机还能不能承受得了 |
[18:57] | Trekkie one, Ellen. | 好一个星际迷航梗啊 艾伦 |
[19:00] | And I think it’s too heavy. | 而且我觉得它太重了 |
[19:02] | No, no, it can’t be. | 不不 不会的 |
[19:04] | Oh, no. I-I-I didn’t account for the weight of the flowers. | 哦 不 我我我忘了把花瓣的重量算进去 |
[19:08] | How could I have been so stupid? | 我怎么会这么蠢呢 |
[19:10] | I’m gonna be humiliated in front of the whole town. | 我要被全市人民耻笑了 |
[19:14] | And dad won’t be… | 老爸也就不会 |
[19:17] | Oh, sweetie, it’s okay. | 哦 亲爱的 不会有事的 |
[19:18] | We’ll just take some of the flowers off. | 我们拿下一些花瓣就好了嘛 |
[19:20] | We have to take off too many. | 我们得拿掉太多花瓣 |
[19:22] | There’s no time. I totally failed. | 时间根本不够 我彻底失败了 |
[19:25] | I brought muffins. | 我带了小蛋糕哦 |
[19:26] | Not getting involved. Letting Avery do her thing. | 我可没想插手哦 我让艾芙莉自己来做她的事情哦 |
[19:31] | Just wanted to show my support. | 我就是想表达一下我对你们的支持 |
[19:34] | Nobody wants muffins? I could get croissants. | 没人想吃小蛋糕吗 我可以去买羊角包 |
[19:38] | It doesn’t move. It’s too heavy. | 它启动不了 太重了 |
[19:40] | I totally messed it up. | 我彻彻底底地搞砸了 |
[19:42] | If it’s any consolation, I still feel pretty good. | 唯一的安慰就是 我的心情还是很好 |
[19:46] | Mmm. Yeah. | 唔 真好吃 |
[19:48] | Everything’s coming up Tyler. | 一切都走上了光明美好的泰勒大道 |
[19:55] | Avery, hon, this is still quite an accomplishment. | 艾芙莉 亲爱的 你已经做得很好了 |
[20:00] | It looks amazing. Don’t lose sight of why you did this. | 看起来真的很棒 别忘了你当初要做这个的原因 |
[20:03] | I… | 我 |
[20:05] | I did it to bond with you. | 我做这个是想跟你有更多联系 |
[20:07] | And that never even happened. | 而这个初衷从来就没有实现过 |
[20:09] | This whole thing has been a disaster from start to finish. | 整件事从开始到结束都是场灾难 |
[20:11] | You did this to bond with me? | 你做这个项目是为了我 |
[20:15] | Yeah, I do stuff with mom, you do stuff with Tyler and Chloe. | 是啊 我总和妈妈一起 你总是和泰勒克洛伊他们一起 |
[20:19] | I thought we could do this together. | 我就觉得我们可以试着一起做这个 |
[20:21] | Oh, my gosh, Avery. | 哦 我的天啊 艾芙莉 |
[20:22] | Why didn’t you say something? | 为什么你什么都不跟我说 |
[20:24] | I tried, but you told me how proud you were I was doing it without you. | 我想说啊 可是你跟我说我能独立完成任务是多么让你自豪 |
[20:28] | And then that baby belched like a trucker. | 然后那只娃娃就像个卡车司机一样打了个嗝 |
[20:32] | Look, the only reason I didn’t want to do this with you | 听着 我不想跟你做花车的唯一原因 |
[20:34] | is because I didn’t want to take over. | 就是我不想抢走你想做的事 |
[20:36] | I didn’t want… | 我不想 |
[20:37] | What? | 不想什么 |
[20:39] | To be like my dad. | 像我爸爸一样 |
[20:42] | Okay, when I did my float, | 好吧 以前我做花车的时候 |
[20:43] | my dad swooped in and took over. | 我爸爸会突然跑过来把所有事都抢过去做 |
[20:45] | I mean, I got all kinds of praise for it, | 我是说 虽然我因此而获得了很多赞赏 |
[20:47] | but I did nothing, hon. And that made me feel horrible. | 可我什么都没有做到啊 亲爱的 那种感觉真的糟糕透了 |
[20:51] | I just wanted to make sure I didn’t do the same thing to you. | 我只是不想对你做同样的事 |
[20:54] | But you wouldn’t have. | 可你本来就不会这样做 |
[20:57] | We would have done it together. | 我们可以一起做好的 |
[20:59] | Well, I guess I messed up, too. | 嗯 那看来我也搞砸了 |
[21:01] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[21:03] | Maybe it’s not too late. | 或许 现在还不太迟 |
[21:06] | Maybe we can fix both our mistakes together, huh? | 或许 我们可以一起弥补我们的错 对吧 |
[21:10] | Let’s see these plans. | 来看看你的计划是什么样子 |
[21:19] | Okay, it’s rigged and ready to go. | 好 我们已经捣乱完毕 准备看看结果吧 |
[21:22] | I rewired it so the motor will overload and blow the whole spaceship. | 我把电线接乱了 这样马达就会因超负荷而炸掉整个飞船 |
[21:25] | How do you know how to do that? | 为什么你连这种事都懂 |
[21:26] | Let’s just say I know a thing or two from scuttling the spaceship | 只能说我对如何破坏飞船还是略懂一二的 |
[21:29] | I flew here in from the talking dog planet. | 我可是从能言狗星球上飞过来的呢 |
[21:31] | -What? -No, I’m just kidding. | -什么 -我开玩笑呢 |
[21:33] | I’m a normal talking earth dog. | 我只是只会说话的普通地球狗狗 |
[21:41] | -What happened? -I don’t know, but it removed a lot of flowers. | -怎么回事 -我也不知道 不过刚好把很多花去掉了 |
[21:46] | Hey, maybe the float will move now. | 搞不好花车现在能动了哦 |
[21:49] | But it’s a mess and the engine’s blown. | 可是现在场面一团糟 引擎还烧坏了 |
[21:51] | I bet if the two of us work together, we can fix it. | 不过我觉得 我们俩一起努力的话 就一定能修好 |
[21:57] | Well, it’ll be fun to try with you. | 只要跟你一起努力就会很有趣 |
[22:02] | We destroyed the spaceship! | 我们毁了太空船 |
[22:04] | We saved the world! | 我们拯救了世界 |
[22:06] | I need a nap. | 我得睡一下 |
[22:07] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[22:12] | After Chloe and I saved the world, | 我和克洛伊拯救地球以后 |
[22:14] | a big parade was thrown in our honor | 市里为我们举行了庆功游行 |
[22:17] | as we rode the destroyed spacecraft through town. | 我们是乘着那艘被破坏的太空船游行的 |
[22:22] | Avery and Bennett seemed happy about something. | 艾芙莉和班尼特不知道为什么看起来很高兴 |
[22:24] | Tyler kept feeling good about his life and his muffin. | 泰勒则是一直在为他的人生和手里的小蛋糕感到开心 |
[22:29] | And Ellen, well, you know how she is. | 至于艾伦 你也知道她是怎样的人啦 |