英文名称:Stardust Memories
年代:1980
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | [ translation & synchronization: loco-whopper ] | [ 中文翻译、字幕同步:疯狂弥天大幌 ] |
[00:27] | 《星尘记忆》 | |
[04:59] | Well, I thought it was terrible. Absolutely terrible. | 好吧,我认为拍得很糟,糟糕透顶。 |
[05:03] | – I don’t recall seeing anything this bad. – You’re not kidding. | – 我还从没看过这么糟的电影。 – 你说的没错, |
[05:05] | This man is sick. I mean, what is this thing? | 这家伙令人恶心。 我是说,这都什么玩意儿? |
[05:07] | I thought this was supposed to be a comedy. | 我还以为是个喜剧片。 |
[05:09] | That was the most horrifying thing I’ve ever seen! | 这是我见过的最恐怖东西! |
[05:11] | – Seagulls. Dead cars. – Just horrible. This is a disgrace. | – 海鸥,废汽车。 – 简直恐怖。真是丢人啊。 |
[05:13] | – He has no balance left. – I just don’t get it. | – 他的均衡感完全丧失。 – 我一点也看不明白。 |
[05:14] | – Listen, I think the guys losing his mind. – Somebody, please cut that projector. | – 听着,我认为这家伙疯了。 – 拜托把那放映机关了。 |
[05:17] | – Something wrong with him. – He’s out of balance. | – 他一定哪里出了问题。 – 他失去了均衡感。 |
[05:21] | He’s not funny anymore. | 他不再有趣。 |
[05:22] | $12 million for that garbage? What self – indulgence! | 一千二百万就花在这垃圾上? 真自我陶醉得过分啊! |
[05:25] | – Okay, let’s not panic. – I think the man’s lost his mind. | – 好了,我们别太激动。 – 我想他有点疯了。 |
[05:27] | We can take the film away from him, we can reshoot it, we can recut it. | 我们可以不让他继续拍了, 我们可以重拍,我们可以重剪。 |
[05:30] | Maybe we can salvage something. | 也许我们可以挽回点什么。 |
[05:32] | He’s pretentious. His filming style is too fancy. | 他太自命不凡了。 他的电影风格太不着边际了。 |
[05:35] | His insights are shallow and morbid. | 他的直觉肤浅而又病态。 |
[05:38] | I’ve seen it all before. | 这些我以前就见识过, |
[05:40] | They try to document their private suffering and fob it off as art. | 他们想把他们个人的痛苦际遇记录下来, 伪装成艺术兜售给我们。 |
[05:44] | What does he have to suffer about? | 他有什么好痛苦的? |
[05:45] | Doesn’t the man know he’s got the greatest gift | 这家伙不是知道自己极具才华的吗, 搞笑的才华? |
[05:47] | that anyone can have, the gift of laughter? | 并非人人都有这样的才华的。 |
[05:55] | No, I don’t think I’m gonna make it. | 不,我想我赶不到了。 |
[05:56] | We’re sitting here in what looks like a truck route or something, you know. | 我们好像正行驶在支路上还是哪里,你知道。 |
[06:00] | I don’t know what the hell’s going on. Hold on one second. | 我不知道究竟怎么了。你等一下。 |
[06:03] | George, that guys parked, you know? | 乔治,前面的车都停了,你看, |
[06:04] | You can just drive around him. You don’t have to… | 你可以开着绕过他们。 你没必要等…… |
[06:07] | You know, it’s crazy. The town is jammed. | 你知道,太荒唐了,市内到处都堵着。 |
[06:09] | I don’t know. Is the Pope in town, or some other show-business figure? | 我不知道,难道教皇来本市啦? 还是哪个演艺界的人物? |
[06:13] | Oh, my God. Do you know what I forgot? | 噢,天哪,你知道我忘了什么吗? |
[06:15] | I forgot to cancel your lunch with the editor of Newsweek. My fault. | 我忘了取消你和《新闻周刊》 编辑的午餐约会,是我的错。 |
[06:19] | And, you know, you were supposed to tell me about the public television thing. | 你知道,你应该和我谈谈 在电视上和公众见面的事。 |
[06:23] | You know, I remembered that. | 你知道,我记得有这么回事。 |
[06:25] | And you were supposed to send the limousine to the airport for my parents. | 还有你应该派辆豪华轿车去机场接我父母。 |
[06:28] | I know, sweetheart. | 我知道,亲爱的。 |
[06:29] | It’s just that the cast came off my finger, so I was at the doctor yesterday. | 我才忙完选演员的事, 所以我昨天去看了医生。 |
[06:33] | Look, that one’s my fault. Listen, I made a couple of changes. | 好的,那也是我的错。 听着,我重新安排了一下。 |
[06:36] | You have the analyst at 2:00 instead of 3:00, | 你在三点钟而不是两点钟去看心理医生。 |
[06:38] | I moved your tennis lesson up an hour, | 我把你的网球课提前了一小时, |
[06:40] | the chiropodist is at 4:00, | 在四点钟去看脚, |
[06:42] | and we moved the hair treatment to Friday. | 我们把你理发的时间挪到了星期五。 |
[06:46] | I’m sorry, Wednesday. No, Thursday. Thursday at 2:00 is the hair treatment. | 对不起,是星期三。不,星期四, 星期四下午两点你去理发。 |
[06:51] | Can I please get your signature on this oil shelter thing? | 我可以得到那个油棚的签名吗? |
[06:53] | – Oil? You told me cattle. – The cattle died. | – 油棚?你告诉我是牛棚。 – 牛死了。 |
[06:56] | – Did Isobel call? – Has anybody given any thought | – 伊泽贝尔来过电话吗? – 有谁考虑过… |
[06:58] | to Time magazine? Cause I said I’d get back to them. | 《时代》杂志的事吗? 因为我说我会回复他们。 |
[07:00] | Your cousin called. He needs to borrow more money. | 你的表弟来过电话, 他需要再借点钱。 |
[07:02] | Jeez! | 噢,天呐! |
[07:03] | Don’t bug him about the Time cover. He can do it after the weekend. | 别拿《时代》封面的事烦他了, 这个周末之前他做不了。 |
[07:06] | I don’t want to go away this weekend. Who needs a festival of my old films? | 这个周末我可不想外出。 谁会关心我老片子的电影节? |
[07:10] | – Sign here, please. – It’s ridiculous. | – 请签在这儿。 – 太荒谬了。 |
[07:11] | And don’t worry about that income tax thing. | 你不用担心所得税的事了, |
[07:12] | I’ll be with you when you go to see the Treasury agents. | 我会和你一起去见财务代理。 |
[07:14] | Treasury agents? Since when is it that serious? | 财务代理?什么时候我的财务问题 变得那么严重了? |
[07:17] | Look, Sandy, this is two lousy days. | 听着,山迪,就两天不快的日子。 |
[07:19] | You drive up there, they honor you, they show your films, | 你驱车去那儿,他们授你荣誉, 他们放你的电影, |
[07:22] | they ask you a couple of stupid questions, and you go home. | 他们问你些愚蠢的问题, 然后你就回家。 |
[07:25] | I don’t wanna be honored. It’s a hype! | 我不想接受荣誉,这太诈唬了! |
[07:27] | Don’t be ungrateful. She’s an important film critic. | 别那么不领情, 她是个重要的电影评论家。 |
[07:29] | You promised. They sold a lot of tickets. You can’t back out. | 你答应过的,他们已经卖出很多票了, 你不能打退堂鼓。 |
[07:32] | You might enjoy it. The nice clean sea air. | 也许你会喜欢呢,海边的清新空气。 |
[07:35] | Sandy, we’ve gotta talk about the new picture. | 山迪,我们该谈一谈新片的事了。 |
[07:37] | What do you want me to say? | 你想要我说什么? |
[07:38] | I don’t wanna make funny movies anymore. | 我不想再拍喜剧片了。 |
[07:40] | They can’t force me to. | 他们不能逼我拍。 |
[07:41] | You know, I don’t feel funny. | 你知道,我感受不到喜剧。 |
[07:43] | I look around the world and all I see is human suffering. | 放眼这个世界, 我看到的尽是人类的苦难。 |
[07:46] | Human suffering doesn’t sell tickets in Kansas City. | 人类的苦难在堪萨斯城卖不出票。 |
[07:49] | They want laughs in Kansas City. | 在堪萨斯城,人们想要笑声, |
[07:50] | They’ve been working in the wheat fields all day. | 他们在麦田里已经干了一整天的活。 |
[07:52] | Hey, fellas, I’m getting a headache. Can I please get some privacy? | 嘿,伙计们,我头疼得厉害。 拜托了,我可以一个人呆会儿吗? |
[07:55] | Your problem is, you never got over Nat Bernstein’s death. | 你的问题在于,你一直没从 纳特・伯恩斯坦之死中摆脱出来。 |
[07:59] | Of course I never got over… | 当然我没摆脱出来, |
[08:00] | The guy was 30 years old, never sick a day in his life, | 那家伙才30岁, 活着的时候从没生过病, |
[08:03] | and then suddenly, out of left field, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. | 可是突然地,无缘无故地,就得了 “肌萎缩性脊髓侧索硬化症【又称路・格里克症】”。 |
[08:07] | It was horrible. | 太可怕了! |
[08:08] | He was laying there in the hospital, his body degenerated like Lou Gehrig. | 他躺在医院里,身体像路・格里克 【扬基棒球队员】那样逐渐退化。 |
[08:12] | You could use this weekend at the seashore. | 你一定要去海边度这个周末。 |
[08:14] | You know something? You should take a month. | 你知道吗?你应该在那儿呆一个月。 |
[08:15] | I don’t… My mother used to… | 我不想…我妈妈以前…… |
[08:16] | When I was a kid, my mother took me to the seashore. | 当我很小的时候,我妈妈带我去过海边。 |
[08:18] | Little old decaying hotels and awnings, you know. | 只有些老旧破败的客栈和遮篷,你知道。 |
[08:21] | These are Valium. | 给你安定。 |
[08:22] | Great, just what I… Another show business tranquilizer. | 好极了,我正想…娱乐业的又一种镇静剂。 |
[08:25] | Hey, did anybody read on the front page of the Times that matter is decaying? | 嘿,没人读过《时代》的封面文章吗, 说物质正在衰败? |
[08:29] | Am I the only one that saw that? The universe is gradually breaking down. | 我是唯一一个看见这幅景象的吗? 宇宙正在分崩离析。 |
[08:33] | There’s not gonna be anything left. | 没有任何东西会留下来。 |
[08:35] | I’m not talking about my stupid little films here. | 我不是在谈论我的那些愚蠢的微不足道的电影。 |
[08:38] | Eventually there’s not gonna be any Beethoven or Shakespeare or… | 最终,也不会再有贝多芬或莎士比亚或…… |
[08:41] | Yeah, yeah. Go to the seashore. Have a nice weekend. | 是啊,是啊,到海边去吧。 祝你周末愉快。 |
[08:43] | Great. | 噢,好极了。 |
[09:14] | What are you thinking about when you look out there? | 你望着外面想什么呢? |
[09:18] | Just, you know, all those people and… | 在想,你知道,所有的人和… |
[09:23] | You know, how unhappy most of them are and… | 你知道,他们大部分人都不快乐… |
[09:26] | Those terrible things they do to each other and, you know… | 他们相互间干着那些 可怕的勾当,你知道…… |
[09:32] | Everything’s over so quickly | 一切都转瞬即逝, |
[09:35] | and you don’t have any idea of was it worth it or not, you know. | 你根本不知道哪些是值得的, 哪些是不值得的,你知道。 |
[09:42] | Is there any way I can cheer you up? | 我能想什么办法让你高兴一点吗? |
[09:46] | No, there’s… What do you have in mind? | 不,有太多…你想怎么样? |
[09:50] | – You smell nice. – Yeah? | – 嗯,你身上很好闻? – 是吗? |
[09:52] | That aftershave, it just made my whole childhood come back | 是须后水,仿佛突然之间把我带回了童年, |
[09:54] | with a sudden Proustian rush. | 以一种普鲁斯特意识流的方式。 |
[09:56] | That’s ‘Cause I’m wearing Proustian Rush by Chanel. | 那是因为我抹了夏奈尔牌的 “普鲁斯特流”。 |
[09:59] | It’s reduced, so I got a vat of it. | 因为减价,所以我买了一大瓶。 |
[10:02] | Listen, why don’t I just run down and get some food, | 听着,为什么我不赶紧下去 弄点吃的上来呢? |
[10:05] | and we’ll stay in tonight and I’ll cook? | 今晚我们哪儿也不去,我去做吃的好吗? |
[10:07] | Well, the last time you cooked, the kitchen looked like Hiroshima. | 好吧,上次你做吃的之后, 厨房看上去像劫后的广岛。 |
[10:11] | Yeah, we had a good time. | 是啊,但是我们很快乐。 |
[10:13] | I could do my mother’s recipe for Filet de boeuf fourre Perigourdine. | 我可以学我妈妈的食谱, 做【法式】佩里格网划牛肉片。 |
[10:20] | I could do sweet potato rum casserole. | 我可以炖红薯朗姆砂锅。 |
[10:23] | Yeah? No beverage? | 是吗?没有饮料? |
[10:31] | I think they’ve been putting something wonderful in your lithium. | 我想他们在你的锂药【抗狂郁症】里 加入了很不错的成分。 |
[10:35] | I’ve stopped taking the lithium. | 我已经停止摄入锂了。 |
[10:37] | Oh, Jesus, you’re kidding! | 噢,天哪,你开玩笑! |
[10:40] | Dorrie, that’s not a good idea. | 多丽,这可不是个好主意。 |
[10:42] | You know, you can’t just go on and off it like that. | 你知道,你不能像那样吃吃停停。 |
[10:44] | I don’t think it does much good. | 我想那没什么效果。 |
[10:46] | You’re wrong, ‘Cause I notice a difference. | 你错了,因为我注意到了改善。 |
[10:49] | You know, you can’t… | 你知道,你不能…… |
[10:50] | It’s a pain to keep getting my blood checked. | 老是要检查血液,这很痛苦。 |
[10:52] | – I’m sure it is. – I feel heavy, and… | – 我知道很痛苦。 – 我感到很迟钝,还有…… |
[10:55] | But, you know, it’s better for you. | 但是,你知道,那对你有好处。 |
[10:56] | You know, it’s not a good thing to just go… Really. | 你知道,这样不好,吃吃停停…真的。 |
[11:07] | You are the best kisser. | 你是最好的接吻家。 |
[11:10] | That was my major in college. | 那是我大学的主修。 |
[11:20] | Mr. Bates! Mr. Bates, come here at once! | 贝茨先生!贝茨先生,快过来! |
[11:23] | – Please, Mr. Bates, the stoves on fire! – What’s the matter with you? | – 求您了,贝茨先生,炉子着火了! – 你怎么回事? |
[11:26] | – Put it out! Put it out! – Will you stop being so hysterical? | – 快把它弄灭!快把它弄灭! – 别那么歇斯底里好不好? |
[11:28] | Every night it’s a fire. | 每天晚上都会着火。 |
[11:30] | You don’t know how to work the stove yet? | 你还不知道怎么使用这炉子吗? |
[11:32] | – I worked it perfectly. – For God’s sake. | – 我用的很好。 – 天哪! |
[11:33] | You do nothing but start fires here. | 你除了引起大火还没做过别的。 |
[11:36] | – I did just what you… – Here. Be careful. | – 我就是按您…… – 注意,小心了。 |
[11:39] | Jesus. It’s a simple stove! | 天哪,这只是个简单的炉子! |
[11:41] | And every night you set the apartment on fire! | 每天晚上,你都在房间里点上一把火! |
[11:44] | – Maybe it’s defective. – All right, relax. And no rabbit. | – 也许,这炉子有毛病。 – 好吧,别紧张了。别做兔子! |
[11:47] | How many times have I told you? No rabbit. | 我跟你说过多少遍了?不吃兔子! |
[11:49] | I thought you only meant just that one time. | 我以为你只是说那一次不吃。 |
[11:51] | No. Never. Never! I never want rabbit. I don’t eat rodent. | 不,永远不吃,永远! 我从不吃兔子,我不吃啮齿动物。 |
[11:55] | – I understand now. – You understand that? | – 现在我知道了。 – 你知道了? |
[11:56] | It’s fur bearing. Never rabbit. | 它长着毛皮。我不吃兔子。 |
[11:58] | You never want rabbit. Now that’s clear. | 你永远不想吃兔子,现在我清楚了。 |
[12:05] | “星尘旅店” | |
[12:16] | Everybody is just ecstatic that you’re here this weekend. | 这周末你能来此地, 人人都兴奋异常。 |
[12:19] | The turnout is tremendous. | 来的人多得惊人。 |
[12:21] | And, you know, these film culture weekends are just absolutely fantastic. | 你知道,这里的电影文化周末搞得绝对棒。 |
[12:24] | They are getting so popular. | 它们已经越来越受到欢迎了。 |
[12:25] | Do you know you’re gonna love our screening facilities? | 你知道你会喜欢我们的放映设备吗? |
[12:28] | When I had my Orson Welles weekend here, you know what he told me? | 当我在这儿举办“奥森・威尔斯周”的时候, 你猜他怎么对我说的? |
[12:31] | He said that I had the best sound and projection system he’d ever seen, | 他说我拥有他所见过的 最好的音响和放映系统, |
[12:35] | bar none. Believe it or not, he did. That’s what he… | 没有例外!不管你相不相信,他这么说的。 这就是他说的…… |
[12:38] | This is Mr. Payson, our chairman, and Mrs. Payson. They adore you. | 噢,这是佩森先生,我们的会长, 和佩森夫人。他们很崇拜你。 |
[12:41] | We love your work. My wife has seen all your films. | 我们非常喜欢你的作品, 我妻子看过你所有的电影。 |
[12:44] | I especially like your early, funny ones. | 我特别喜欢你早期的喜剧片。 |
[12:47] | Dick Lobel. I’m with the museum film department. | 我是迪克・洛贝尔, 在博物馆的电影部工作。 |
[12:50] | We have a collection of more than 20,000 prints. | 我们收集了超过两万份的印刷品。 |
[12:52] | This is my friend Libby. She thinks you’re a genius. | 这是我朋友丽比, 她认为你是个天才。 |
[12:54] | Libby just did a definitive cinematic study of Gummo Marx. | 丽比刚权威性地完成了对 伽莫【米尔顿】・马克斯的电影研究。 |
[12:58] | Interestingly, he’s the one Marx brother that never made any movies. | 有趣的是,他是马克斯五兄弟中 从没拍过电影的那一位。 |
[13:02] | Hello. A pleasure to have you here. | 你好,很荣幸在这儿见到你。 |
[13:07] | You’re the best. Your work’s fantastic. | 你是最棒的,你的作品奇妙无比。 |
[13:10] | Here. Read this. | 给你,读读这个。 |
[13:13] | – I think you’re absolutely magnificent. – You’re really intense. | – 我认为你实在太伟大了。 – 你真的很深刻。 |
[13:16] | We love you! | 我们爱你! |
[13:36] | Hello, Isobel? | 喂,伊泽贝尔? |
[13:38] | Isobel, I’m up here. Jeez, I’m going crazy. | 伊泽贝尔,我到这里了。 天哪,我快疯了。 |
[13:40] | Do you think you can get up here? Well, I miss you. | 你可以过来吗?是的,我想你。 |
[13:44] | In English. Speak to me in English. | 说英语,用英语和我说话。 |
[13:47] | Your English is perfect. Don’t worry. | 你的英语很好,别担心。 |
[13:51] | What’s the matter? You sound… | 怎么回事?你听起来…… |
[13:55] | You want me to call you back? Can you not talk? | 你让我过会儿再打过去? 你现在不能说话? |
[13:59] | All right, I’ll call you back. | 好吧,我过会儿再打给你。 |
[14:02] | Three little words | 三个小小的字 |
[14:05] | Oh, what I’d give for that wonderful phrase | 噢,我愿意拿什么来换取那句妙语呢? |
[14:10] | To hear those three little words | 为了听到那三个小小的字呢? |
[14:15] | That’s all I’d live for the rest of my days | 那意味着我一生的企盼 |
[14:20] | And what I feel in my heart they tell sincerely | 我的内心可以感受到它们真诚的含意 |
[14:27] | No other words can tell it half so clearly | 没有其它的字能够如此清楚地表明 |
[14:32] | Three little words Eight little letters | 三个小小的字,八个小小的字母 |
[14:37] | Which simply mean I love you | 它们的意思就是“我爱你” |
[14:46] | What were you trying to say in this picture? | 在这部影片里你想表达什么呢? |
[14:48] | I was just trying to be funny. | 我只是想使它有趣。 |
[14:52] | Do you find it very hard to direct yourself? | 你是否觉得自己给自己导演很难? |
[14:55] | Hard? No. No, I just have to resist the temptation | 很难?不,不,只是我不得不抵抗住诱惑, |
[14:58] | to give myself too many extreme close-ups. | 别给我自己太多过大的特写镜头。 |
[15:02] | Have you studied filmmaking in school? | 你在大学里学的是电影制作吗? |
[15:05] | No, no, I didn’t study anything in school. They studied me. | 不,不,我在大学里什么都没学。 他们向学我。 |
[15:08] | I understand you studied philosophy at school. | 我知道你在大学里学的是哲学。 |
[15:11] | No, that’s not true. I did take… | 不,不对。我是上过…… |
[15:13] | I took one course in existential philosophy at New York University. | 我在纽约大学上过门存在主义哲学的课, |
[15:18] | And on the final, they gave me 10 questions. | 期末考试时出了十个问题。 |
[15:23] | And I couldn’t answer a single one of them, you know. | 我一个都答不上来,你知道, |
[15:26] | I left them all blank. I got 100. | 我全空在那边了。我拿了100分。 |
[15:33] | Oh, you are marvelous. You are a genius and… | 噢,你太不可思议了, 你是个天才…… |
[15:36] | Good questions. Didn’t you think so? | 问得真好。你不这样认为吗? |
[15:37] | You handled them beautifully. You’re a genius. | 你拍得真漂亮,你是个天才。 |
[15:40] | One of the most intelligent films I’ve seen in many years. | 这是多年以来我看过的 最机智的电影之一。 |
[15:42] | – Can I get a photo, Mr. Bates? – There he is. | – 我能拍张照片吗,贝茨先生? – 他过来了。 |
[15:45] | Hi! I just think you’re great, and I just wanted to give you this record. | 嗨!我认为你简直太棒了, 我就想让你知道这一点。 |
[15:49] | I’m with the Tuberculosis Association. | 我是“肺结核协会”的, |
[15:53] | – We’re doing a benefit… – There you are. There you are. | – 我们正在做一项慈善…… – 终于见到你了!终于见到你了! |
[15:56] | Mr. Bates! Mr. Bates, may I have your autograph, please? | 贝茨先生!贝茨先生, 能请你给我签个名吗? |
[15:58] | If I could just have 10 minutes of your time, | 如果你能给我点时间,就十分钟, |
[15:59] | I’d like to ask you a couple of questions. | 我想问你几个问题。 |
[16:01] | – Sure. – Thank you very much. | – 当然。 – 非常感谢! |
[16:02] | I’m doing this piece on the shallow indifference of wealthy celebrities. | 我正在写篇文章,关于 有钱的名人们的表面的冷漠。 |
[16:06] | And I’d like to include you. I’d like to include you in my piece. | 我希望把你写进去, 我希望把你写进我文章。 |
[16:09] | I’m starving. | 我饿了。 |
[16:21] | Sandy, there’s a phone call for you. | 山迪,有个电话找你。 |
[16:23] | Let me show you where the phone is. | 我来告诉你电话在哪儿。 |
[16:24] | I’m Dr. Paul Pearlman. | 我是保罗・珀尔曼医生。 |
[16:25] | I did a paper on you and your films at a psychiatric convention. | 我在一个精神病学的大会上 宣读了一篇有关你和你的电影的论文。 |
[16:28] | Oh, really? | 哦,真的吗? |
[16:29] | It was very well received, You’ll be happy to know. | 它产生了很好的反响, 你一定很乐意知道。 |
[16:32] | – I’m glad to hear that. – For my own records, tell me, | – 很高兴听到这消息。 – 就私下里说说,请告诉我, |
[16:35] | have you ever had intercourse with any type of animal? | 你有没有和什么动物发生过性关系? |
[16:37] | – With an animal? No, I never… Hello? – Dr. Pearlman, please! | – 和动物?不,我从没……你好? – 珀尔曼医生,拜托! |
[16:40] | – Yeah? – Very good. | – 是吗? – 太好了! |
[16:42] | – Thank you very much. – Keep up the good work, and good luck. | – 非常感谢。 – 继续拍好片,祝你好运。 |
[16:46] | – No, I don’t think that’s fair. – Mr. Bates, can I have a picture of you? | – 不,我认为那不公平。 – 贝茨先生,能给你拍张照吗? |
[16:48] | Over here, Mr. Bates. Thank you so much. One picture. One more picture. | 望那边看,贝茨先生。非常感谢。 再拍一张,再来一张。 |
[16:51] | No, I don’t want him to touch the film. | 不,我不想让他动这部电影。 |
[16:52] | Tell him to come up here tomorrow and we’ll talk about it. | 让他明天到这里来,我要和他谈谈。 |
[16:55] | They can’t recut my film. | 他们不能重剪我的电影。 |
[16:57] | My name is Claire Schaeffer. | 我是克莱尔・谢佛。 |
[16:58] | I do work with the blind, and we have a celebrity auction this month. | 我替盲人工作, 这个月我们有场名人拍卖会。 |
[17:03] | If you could donate something, like an ashtray or… | 如果你能捐献点什么, 比如烟灰缸或…… |
[17:05] | Sure. It would be no problem at all. | 当然,没有问题。 |
[17:06] | Somebody told me you wear a truss. An old truss would just be wonderful. | 有人告诉我你戴疝托, 要是有个旧疝托就太好了。 |
[17:11] | – No, I don’t wear a truss. – Thank you very much. | – 不,我不戴疝托。 – 非常感谢。 |
[17:13] | We went to Israel, and they love you there. | 我去了以色列,那里的人也很喜欢你。 |
[17:16] | They’re just crazy about you! | 他们都为你着迷了! |
[17:19] | – I’m Jack Abel. – Hi, how are you? | – 我叫杰克・艾贝尔。 – 嗨,你好! |
[17:21] | I teach screenwriting at Columbia. | 我在哥伦比亚大学教电影剧本创作。 |
[17:23] | This is… It’s unbelievable! | 这…真难以置信! |
[17:25] | If I could get you to come and lecture to my students, you’d make me a hero. | 要是我能让你去为我的学生做个演讲, 你会让我成为英雄的。 |
[17:28] | I’m not the type that lectures. | 我不适合做那样的演讲。 |
[17:30] | For your enjoyment, with my genuine affection. | 希望你能喜欢,我真的非常喜欢你的表演。 |
[17:32] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢。 |
[17:33] | I really appreciate it. It’s exactly what I need. | 真的非常感谢。 我正需要这个。 |
[17:34] | People are always telling me how much we look alike. | 有人总是跟我说我们俩长得多么像。 |
[17:37] | I can see that. | 我可以看出来。 |
[17:38] | If you could take my name, maybe next time you do a… | 要是你能记一下我的名字, 也许下次你…… |
[17:41] | – This is a real madhouse! – I have a suggestive item of food. | – 这儿真是疯狂! – 我拿了个引起联想的食物。 |
[17:45] | Daisy and I were gonna go grab a beer. | 戴茜和我想好了要去喝啤酒。 |
[17:47] | – If you’d like to come with us, we’d love it. – Oh, God, I would love it. | – 如果你想和我们一起去,我们会非常高兴。 – 噢,天呐,我很愿意去。 |
[17:50] | – Would you? – Yeah. | – 是吗? – 是的。 |
[17:51] | There’s a little roadside place… | 就在路旁的一个小地方…… |
[17:53] | This is unbelievable. I don’t know what’s going on. | 太难以置信了, 我不知道这究竟怎么了。 |
[17:55] | Can I talk to you about an idea for a film I have… | 我能和你谈谈吗? 我有个主意要拍一部…… |
[17:57] | – This is not the place. Really. – Do you have a moment, please? | – 这里不合适,真的。 – 你能给我一点时间吗?求你了。 |
[17:59] | It’s a comedy based on that whole Guyana mass – suicide thing. | 这是出喜剧,基于圭亚那大规模集体自杀事件。 【“人民圣殿教”1978年11月18日谋杀/自杀事件】 |
[18:03] | Sandy, this is what I did in vaudeville years ago. | 山迪,许多年前在歌舞杂耍里 我就这样表演了。 |
[18:06] | I did this in vaudeville. | 我在歌舞杂耍里演过。 |
[18:07] | Give me the spotlight, give me the stage, | 给我聚光灯,给我舞台, |
[18:10] | and leave the rest to me | 把其它的都交给我。 |
[18:12] | Give me a hat and cane, an old refrain, a sweet melody | 给我顶帽子和一根拐杖, 给我段老的副歌和一曲甜美的旋律 |
[18:17] | And so I dream of old Brazil | 于是我梦见了古老的巴西 |
[18:25] | Where hearts were entertaining June | 在那里内心就像宜人的六月 |
[18:28] | We stood beneath an amber moon | 我们站在琥珀色的月光下 |
[18:32] | And softly murmured someday soon | 喃喃细语憧憬未来 |
[18:34] | We kissed and clung together | 我们热情相吻紧紧依偎 |
[18:38] | Then tomorrow was another day | 明天又是新的一天 |
[18:42] | Comedy is hostility. | 喜剧意味着对抗, |
[18:46] | It’s rage. | 它充满了愤怒。 |
[18:48] | I don’t have to give you that cliched speech. | 我想我不必给你说这些陈词滥调。 |
[18:50] | What is it that the comedian says when his jokes are going well? | 当一个喜剧演员的笑话产生效果时, 他会怎么想?他会想: |
[18:54] | ‘I murdered that audience. I killed them. They screamed. I broke them up.’ | “我谋杀的那些观众,我杀死了他们。 他们大声尖叫,我肢解了他们。” |
[18:58] | So what are you saying? | 你什么意思? |
[19:00] | You’re saying that someone like myself, | 你是说像我这样的人… |
[19:02] | or Laurel and Hardy, or Bob Hope are furious? | 或像【斯坦・】劳莱尔和【奥利弗・】哈代, 或像鲍勃・霍普这样的人内心很愤怒? |
[19:05] | Furious, or latent homosexual. It’s hidden behind the jokes. | 愤怒,也许有同性恋倾向。 这些都隐藏在笑话背后。 |
[19:10] | – I can’t speak for those guys, but… – Jack! | – 我不知道那几个人怎样,可是我…… – 杰克! |
[19:12] | Can’t we? We’re only theorizing. | 为什么不能?我只是推测一下。 |
[19:14] | What do you do, Daisy? Are you a teacher, too? | 你做什么工作,戴茜? 也是个老师吗? |
[19:15] | – No. No, I don’t… – She’s a brilliant violinist. | – 不,不,我不是…… – 她是个出色的小提琴家。 |
[19:18] | – Really? Is that so? – That’s an exaggeration. | – 是吗?是真的吗? – 这有点夸张了。 |
[19:21] | – Really? – She’s with the philharmonic. | – 是吗? – 她是交响乐团的。 |
[19:22] | – Okay, that’s very impressive. – Yeah, well, I sit way in the back, | – 是吗?真想不到啊! – 是的,可是我坐在后排位置, |
[19:25] | you know, like one of those… | 你知道,就像那些…… |
[19:26] | – Get you some Camels? – Yeah, thanks. | – 你要“骆驼”烟吗? – 好的,谢谢。 |
[19:28] | Excuse me. | 失陪了。 |
[19:31] | So can I ask you a question? | 我能问你个问题吗? |
[19:34] | Is it my imagination, | 是出于我的想象还是什么, |
[19:36] | or have you been kind of looking at me all night? | 整个晚上你好像都在盯着我看? |
[19:40] | I mean, tell me if I’m wrong. I don’t know. | 我是说,要是没有的话, 那你告诉我。我不知道。 |
[19:43] | Does it bother you? | 让你不安了吗? |
[19:44] | No, no, no, I mean, I was just wondering, you know… | 不,不,不,我是说, 我只是想知道,你知道…… |
[19:47] | I’ve never seen such a sexy classical violinist before. I mean it. | 我以前从未遇见过你这么性感的 古典小提琴家,说真的。 |
[19:52] | Usually they’re escaped Hungarians. | 他们一般是逃难来的匈牙利人。 |
[19:55] | No, I’m from Winnetka, Illinois. | 不,我来自伊利诺斯州的温奈特卡。 |
[19:57] | – Oh, yeah? – Yeah. | – 哦,是吗? – 是的。 |
[19:58] | It’s funny, ‘Cause you remind me of somebody. | 有意思,因为你让我想起了一个人。 |
[20:02] | It’s the strangest thing. | 太奇怪了。 |
[20:04] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | – 是吗? – 是的。 |
[20:09] | It’s not that you look like her or anything. | 不是说你长得象她或什么, |
[20:11] | It’s just that there’s some kind of odd sense that I have… | 只是我有种奇怪的感觉…… |
[20:14] | Really? | 是吗? |
[20:18] | MAN.: And now, the Brooklyn Boys Club is happy to present The Amazing Sandy. | 现在,“布鲁克林小子夜总会”很高兴 给大家介绍“不可思议的山迪”。 |
[20:42] | Incredible. | 不可思议。 |
[20:58] | The boys a natural. I’ve never seen anything like it. | 这孩子太自然了, 我还从没见过像他这样的。 |
[21:01] | A born magician. | 一个天生的魔术师。 |
[21:03] | Well, he should be. | 噢,当然是了。 |
[21:04] | He sits in his room alone and practices for hours. | 他经常一个人呆在自己的房间里, 一练几个小时。 |
[21:07] | Are you sure he’s not doing something else? | 你肯定他没有做其它事情吗? |
[21:09] | Oh, he does that, too. | 噢,他也干那事。 |
[21:10] | I found these pictures hidden in his drawer. | 我发现他把这些图片藏在他抽屉里。 |
[21:14] | It causes him great guilt. I don’t know if I can ever cure him. | 那让他很有负罪感。 我不知道是否我可以治好他。 |
[21:18] | I’ve been treating him for years already. | 我已经给他治疗很多年了。 |
[21:31] | Thanks for a nice time. | 我过得很开心,谢谢你们。 |
[21:34] | I’ll see you guys. | 我们还会再见面的。 |
[21:35] | See you around. Good night. | 再见,晚安。 |
[21:38] | Hey, Sandy. Sandy. | 嘿,山迪。山迪。 |
[21:40] | I hate to hassle you or anything, but I just… I got to tell you, I love you. | 我不是故意要打搅你,我只是想… 我想告诉你,我喜欢你。 |
[21:44] | – I mean, I love your work. – Thank you. | – 我是说,我喜欢你的作品。 – 谢谢。 |
[21:46] | I’m an actor. Right now I’m working as a busboy, but really, I am an actor. | 我是个演员。现在我在餐馆打工, 但实际上,我是个演员。 |
[21:50] | Anyway, I don’t wanna bug you or anything, | 总之,我不想来烦你, |
[21:51] | I just wanted to give you a picture for your file. | 我只是想给你一张照片让你存着。 |
[21:53] | You should mail this to my office, you know. | 你应该把它寄到我办公室去,你知道。 |
[21:56] | Here’s a composite I have of myself. | 这个是我的综合材料。 |
[21:57] | Yeah, well, you should send this stuff all to my office. | 好的,你应该把这些东西寄到我办公室去。 |
[21:59] | And a resume. | 还有份简历。 |
[22:00] | Yeah. I’m gonna go to sleep now, you know, so if you just… | 好的。我现在要去睡觉了, 你知道,所以要是你…… |
[22:03] | Just a second. I can give you… | 就一秒钟,我可以给你…… |
[22:05] | Well, here’s some reviews, some of the things the critics have said about me. | 这里是一些评论,评论家说我的一些事情。 |
[22:08] | – That’s from The Jersey Journal. – That’s great. How about… | – 这是《泽西杂志》上登的。 – 很好。要是…… |
[22:12] | Here’s a picture of me as Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof. | 这是我在《屋顶上的提琴手》中 扮演泰维耶的剧照。 |
[22:14] | – I did that in high school. – Did you? Did you? | – 我在高中时演过。 – 是吗?是吗? |
[22:16] | Let’s see. Here’s a resume. | 看看这个,这是我的简历。 |
[22:18] | That’s where I did Ensign Pulver. I worked in regional theater. | 这是我演过的“海军少尉普尔弗”, 我在本地的剧院演的, |
[22:20] | Ensign Pulver in Mister Roberts, there. | 《罗伯茨先生》里面的“少尉普尔弗”。 |
[22:34] | Hey, I’m crazy about you. | 嗨,你好,我对你着迷了。 |
[22:39] | – You don’t even know who I am. – Yeah, but you… | – 你甚至都不知道我是谁。 – 是的,但是你…… |
[22:41] | I’ve just been looking at you all morning. | 整个上午我都一直在瞧着你。 |
[22:43] | I got to tell you, you’re incredibly beautiful, whoever you are. | 我要跟你说,不管你是谁,你美得惊人。 |
[22:47] | Yeah, it’s true. I am. I guess I’m a little on the beautiful side. | 是啊,没错,我是有点。 我想我是和美沾着那么点边。 |
[22:51] | Yeah, and you’re real interesting. | 是的,你很让人感兴趣。 |
[22:53] | I mean, I’ve been watching you all morning, | 我是说,整个上午我一直在看着你。 |
[22:55] | you’re just sitting off by yourself and reading. | 你一直坐在一边读你的书。 |
[22:57] | You got a real strange quality. | 你的个性真的很奇特。 |
[23:01] | Go on, keep going. You’re getting through. | 继续,接着说。你快摸到门了。 |
[23:03] | – Yeah. How long you been acting? – I guess I’m always acting. | – 是吗?你当演员多长时间了? – 我想我一直在表演。 |
[23:07] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[23:09] | – Can I sit next to you? – Sure. Be my guest. | – 我能坐在你旁边吗? – 当然,随意好了。 |
[23:12] | Yeah? So tell me about yourself. Who are you? | 是吗?那么跟我谈谈你自己。你是谁? |
[23:14] | Give me a lot of personal information immediately cause… | 赶快给我你大量的个人信息,因为…… |
[23:17] | Don’t hold anything back. | 什么都别保留。 |
[23:18] | I mean, are you married? Are you living with somebody? | 我想问,你结婚了吗? 你和谁住在一起吗? |
[23:20] | I’m just… I’m fascinating, but I’m trouble. | 我是…我是比较令人着迷,可我有问题。 |
[23:22] | – Trouble? – Yeah. | – 问题? – 是的。 |
[23:23] | Yeah? You said the right thing. | 是吗?你说得没错。 |
[23:26] | So, are you free for dinner or what? What are your plans later? | 那么你有空一起吃个晚饭吗? 待会儿你有什么打算没? |
[23:29] | Don’t feel obligated to say yes because I’m the director of the film. | 不要觉得因为我是这个片子的导演, 就非要答应我不可。 |
[23:33] | This is just… I mean, this is a big coup for me. | 这是我的…我是说, 这是我的关键的一招。 |
[23:35] | I’m a nobody with a one-line part, and I managed to impress you | 我只是个微不足道的只有一句台词的小角色, 所以我想办法要引起你注意, |
[23:38] | just by sitting around speed-reading Schopenhauer. | 于是就坐在这里快速翻阅叔本华。 |
[23:41] | Yeah. Do you understand any of that stuff? | 是吗,那么你读懂了什么没? |
[23:42] | No. But I can fake my way through most situations. | 没有。但是在大多数情况下, 我都可以蒙混过去。 |
[23:43] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | – 是吗? – 是的。 |
[23:44] | Well, I got to tell you, I’m fatally attracted to you, | 好吧,我得向你坦白, 我完完全全被你吸引住了, |
[23:47] | so don’t blow it, because, you know… | 所以你别弄砸了,因为,你知道…… |
[23:49] | Well, I’ll do my best, and it hasn’t failed me yet. | 好的,我尽力而为好了, 我还从未失过手呢。 |
[24:25] | Your spaghetti could have used another 20 minutes. | 你应该把意大利面再多煮20分钟的。 |
[24:28] | You said al dente. I was giving you my best shot here. Well, you… | 你说要吃有嚼劲的, 我已经尽了最大的努力。你不会想… |
[24:30] | Al dente? That was so crispy. | 有嚼劲?可那还梆梆硬啊。 |
[24:32] | Come on. You don’t want a limp noodle, did you? | 得了,你不会想吃烂呼呼的面条吧,是吗? |
[24:33] | You know, you want my spaghetti with nice Czechoslovakian sauce, | 你看,你想吃我做的加了美味的 捷克斯洛伐克沙司的面条, |
[24:36] | that’s my specialty. | 那是我的拿手做法。 |
[24:38] | And I suppose it’s different. | 我可没料到会是这个样子。 |
[24:39] | Yeah. It’s a congealed, disgusting spaghetti. | 是啊,粘粘糊糊搅在一起, 有点恶心的面条。 |
[24:41] | – Where did you learn so much about wine? – My father’s an expert. | – 你从哪儿学到这么多酒的知识的? – 我父亲是个行家。 |
[24:43] | Her father! This is incredible. What is this guy not an expert in? | 她父亲!太不可思议了。 那么他究竟在哪方面不是个行家呢? |
[24:47] | He’s a tennis player and an antique connoisseur and a wine expert, | 他既是网球好手, 又是古董鉴赏家和品酒专家, |
[24:52] | and he’s probably gorgeous, right, with graying temples and the aquiline profile. | 也许他长得也很英俊吧,是吗? 有着灰白的鬓角和鹰钩状的鼻梁。 |
[24:56] | – A great-looking man. – Yeah. | – 非常英俊的男人。 – 是啊。 |
[24:58] | Whenever Mother was away in her sanitarium, | 每当我母亲被送入精神病院, |
[24:59] | the ladies, they flocked around him. | 那些女人就蜂拥到他周围。 |
[25:01] | Yeah, and what about you? Tell me. Did you have a little crush on him? | 是啊,那么你呢?告诉我, 你是不是也有点迷恋上他了? |
[25:04] | You can admit this to me, if you like. | 你可以向我坦白的,如果你愿意。 |
[25:05] | – Sure. We had a little flirt. – A little, small flirt? | – 当然,我们会调一下情。 – 调一下情,小调一下? |
[25:08] | Mother away getting shock treatment and the only beautiful daughter home. | 母亲不在家,去接受休克治疗, 而把漂亮的女儿独自留在家里。 |
[25:12] | Long, lingering breakfasts with Dad? | 和爸爸一起慢慢腾腾地吃着早餐? |
[25:14] | – Is this getting nauseating? – Yeah. No competition for my mother | – 这不是有点令人恶心吗? – 是的。但并不是要和我母亲竞争, |
[25:17] | because she was very beautiful. | 因为她非常漂亮。 |
[25:18] | – Your mother? – That’s nice. Yeah. | – 你母亲? – 很美,真的。 |
[25:20] | – Your back is really knotted up. – I know. It’s very tense. | – 你的背怎么这么僵硬。 – 我知道,是很紧张。 |
[25:24] | Jesus. What was your mother diagnosed as? | 天呐,你母亲被诊断出是什么病? |
[25:26] | Was she schizophrenic or… | 是精神分裂吗,还是…… |
[25:27] | She was schizophrenic, she was depressive, she was… | 她是精神分裂,她很抑郁,她…… |
[25:29] | I see, the full complement of the nasties. | 不,我知道,最后是雪上加霜。 |
[25:32] | It’s funny, ‘Cause in my family nobody ever committed suicide, nobody… | 真有意思,我家里从来没有人自杀过, 一个都没有…… |
[25:35] | This was just not a middle-class alternative, you know? | 这简直不像个中产阶级家庭 应该有的样子,你知道? |
[25:38] | My mother was too busy running the boiled chicken | 我母亲太忙忙活活用她的… |
[25:41] | through the deflavorizing machine | 去味机煮鸡肉吃, |
[25:43] | to think about shooting herself or anything. | 而顾不上拔枪自尽或怎么样了。 |
[25:45] | God. So did you always want to be an actress? | 天,那么你一直想成为一个演员? |
[25:49] | No. I’m not really an actress. | 不,实际上我并不是演员。 |
[25:52] | You’re good, Dorrie. You have a… | 你很不错,多丽。你有…… |
[25:54] | You do. You have a real interesting quality on the screen. | 你真的有,在银幕上 你有真正有趣的气质。 |
[25:56] | – You know you’re just saying that. – No, you’re wrong. You have… | – 我知道你只是说说而已。 – 不,不对。你有…… |
[25:59] | It’s not so. You have a real charming quality. | 不仅如此,你有真正迷人的气质。 |
[26:01] | You got a real… You’re a natural. | 你有真正…你很有天赋。 |
[26:03] | I’m a natural. I’m a natural at everything I do, | 我很有天赋,我做什么都很有天赋, |
[26:04] | and then I wind up not being able to do anything. | 可最后的结果是我做什么都做不成。 |
[26:07] | No, you’re wrong. You’ve got real, genuine charisma on the screen. | 不,不对。在银幕上你有真正的、纯正的魅力。 |
[26:11] | It’s true. You’re sexy. | 这是实话。你很性感。 |
[26:13] | You’ve got no confidence, of course, | 当然,你缺了那么点自信, |
[26:15] | but you got a real charming quality on the screen. | 但是在银幕上,你真的极富魅力。 |
[26:17] | – What was that? What was that? – A pigeon. | – 那是什么?那是什么? – 是只鸽子。 |
[26:20] | – Hey, that’s pretty. A pigeon. – No. It’s not pretty at all. | – 嘿,它很漂亮,一只鸽子。 – 不,它一点也不漂亮。 |
[26:23] | – They’re wonderful. – They’re rats with wings. | – 它们很棒。 – 它们是长着翅膀的老鼠。 |
[26:24] | No, it’s probably a good omen. | 不,这也许是个好兆头, |
[26:26] | – It’ll bring us good luck. – No, get it out of here. | – 它会给我们带来好运。 – 不,把它赶出去。 |
[26:28] | It’s probably one of those killer pigeons. | 它也许是杀人鸽之一。 |
[26:29] | No. Get something for it to eat. We can coax it down. What are you doing? | 不。给它拿点吃的来, 我们可以把它哄下来。你这是干什么? |
[26:34] | Wait. Wait. | 慢着!慢着! |
[26:35] | You see, it’s got a swastika under its wing. | 你看到没,它翅膀下有个纳粹“�e”字标记。 |
[26:42] | Stop that. | 住手啊! |
[26:43] | I just wanna guide it out of the apartment. | 我只是想将它引出房间。 |
[26:46] | Jeez! I don’t want a winged thing in my house. | 天呐!我可不想在我的屋子里有个带翅膀的东西。 |
[26:49] | We can keep it. | 我们可以把它养起来。 |
[27:05] | Oh, I’m sorry. Forgive me. | 噢,真抱歉!原谅我, |
[27:06] | – I’m in the wrong room. – No, no, no, no, you’re right. | – 我走错房间了。 – 不,不,不,不,你没走错。 |
[27:08] | This is your room. Isn’t this fun? | 这就是你的房间。不好玩吗? |
[27:09] | I tipped the porter so I could meet you. | 我给了门房一点好处, 这样我就可以见到你了。 |
[27:12] | Oh, Jesus, you’re kidding. You’re telling me they let you in here? | 噢,天哪,你开玩笑。 你是说是他们放你进来的? |
[27:16] | – Well, I know, you get this all the time. – No, I don’t. | – 嗯,我知道,你经常会碰到这样的事。 – 不,不是的! |
[27:19] | But, you know, I have a psychic, and I asked her about you, | 但是,你看,我认识个通灵的人, 我问起她关于你的事, |
[27:22] | and she told me that we were destined to make it together. | 她跟我说我们注定会在一起的。 |
[27:24] | Hey, look, whoever you are, please, I’m tired. Go away. | 嘿,听着,不管你是谁,我很累了。 求你了,请你走吧。 |
[27:27] | I won’t stay over. | 我不会整晚呆在这里。 |
[27:29] | I mean, I just know you’re a Sagittarius, | 我是说,我知道你是人马座的, |
[27:31] | and Sagittarians get along really well with Pisces, cause I’m a Pisces. | 人马座和双鱼座真的会很和谐, 因为我是双鱼座的。 |
[27:36] | – And I just think that… – Will you get out of the bed, please? | – 我只是想…… – 你能不能下床来,拜托了? |
[27:39] | Well, wait, here. And I drove all the way from Bridgeport to make it with you. | 等等,给你这个。我从布里奇波特【康涅狄格】 一路开车过来就是想和你共度良宵。 |
[27:42] | Yeah? What is this, the traditional brownies with hash? | 是吗?这是什么? 传说中的加了大麻的巧克力饼吗? |
[27:46] | – Is this what you’re giving me? – No. No. | – 你就是要给我这个? – 不,不。 |
[27:48] | Here’s the hash on the side because I didn’t know how much you took. | 这个才是大麻, 因为我不知道你的用量是多少。 |
[27:51] | How much I took? What is it, hollandaise sauce? | 我的用量是多少? 这是什么?荷兰式沙司? |
[27:52] | What do you mean, how much I took? | 你什么意思,我的用量是多少? |
[27:53] | – I mean, you could… – You got in a car | – 我的意思是,你可以…… – 你弄了辆车, |
[27:55] | and you drove a long distance | 那么长距离你一路开过来, |
[27:57] | to go through mechanical sex with a stranger? | 就是为了和一个陌生人呆板地做场爱? |
[27:59] | – Is this what you do? – My husband drove me. | – 你是想这样吗? – 我丈夫开车送我来的。 |
[28:01] | – We have a van. – Your husband? You’re kidding. | – 我们有辆房车。 – 你丈夫?你开玩笑! |
[28:03] | Is your husband here? | 你丈夫也在这儿吗? |
[28:05] | You know, he would be so honored if I could tell him that we made it. | 你知道,要是我告诉他我们干成了, 他会深感荣幸的。 |
[28:09] | He’s a great fan of yours. | 你是你的大影迷。 |
[28:11] | – He’s got all your albums. – I’m sure. | – 他收集了你所有的剧照, – 这我可以肯定。 |
[28:13] | He sees every movie. He talks about you all the time. | 他看了你的每一部电影, 他总是念叨着你。 |
[28:15] | – You’re one of his heroes. – Yeah. He’s not insanely jealous? | – 你是他的英雄之一。 – 是啊,他不会嫉妒得发狂? |
[28:18] | No. We never have any problems with that. | 不,我们不会有这方面的问题。 |
[28:20] | And exactly where is your husband right now? | 那么你丈夫现在究竟在哪儿? |
[28:23] | Well, he’s sleeping in the van downstairs. | 嗯,他在楼下的房车里睡觉呢。 |
[28:25] | Hey, look, I don’t feel that well. I’m tired. | 嘿,听着,我感觉不太舒服,我很累。 |
[28:27] | I don’t wanna go through an empty experience. I’ve had… | 我可不想有一场空泛的性经历。 我曾经…… |
[28:30] | Listen, empty sex is better than no sex, right? | 听着,空泛的性总比没有性要好,不是吗? |
[28:33] | Come on, don’t be so angry. | 别这样,别那么生气。 |
[28:42] | ANNOUNCER: We interrupt this program to bring you a special bulletin. | 我们打断这档节目,向你们特别报道。 |
[28:45] | Sydney Finklestein’s hostility has escaped. | 西德尼・芬克尔斯坦的敌意逃走了。 |
[28:48] | Finklestein, a short man with glasses, | 芬克尔斯坦,一个矮个的男子,戴着眼镜, |
[28:50] | told police that he has been fighting to hold his anger in for years, | 他告诉警察说他多年以来一直和 他的愤怒搏斗着,试图将它强压在体内, |
[28:54] | and is very embarrassed that it broke loose while he napped. | 但是令他非常不安的是 乘他打盹的当儿,它挣脱逃走了。 |
[28:57] | Police are combing the countryside and warn all citizens to stay indoors. | 警察们正沿着乡间严密搜索, 并警告说所有的市民都呆在家里。 |
[29:01] | Oh, my God, look. That’s my schoolteacher, Miss Reilly. | 噢,上帝啊,快看! 那是我的老师,莱利小姐。 |
[29:05] | And… Oh, Jeez. | 噢,天哪! |
[29:06] | Look, that’s my ex-wife and her alimony lawyer, | 看,那是我的前妻, 和她的离婚律师, |
[29:10] | and my brother Alvin. | 还有我哥哥艾尔文。 |
[29:11] | He was the one that they taught to speak up. | 就是他,他们教他要勇敢地说出来。 |
[29:14] | He’d always come downstairs and recite. | 于是他总是边下楼梯边絮叨。 |
[29:17] | Look. That’s my mother. | 快看,那是我母亲。 |
[29:25] | Please. We don’t wanna hurt you. We wanna reason with you. | 慢着,我们不想伤害你, 我们想和你讲道理。 |
[29:30] | I’m a psychoanalyst. This is my pipe. | 我是心理分析师。这是我的烟斗。 |
[29:34] | I want to help you. | 我想帮助你。 |
[29:38] | Your films are always psychological, never political. | 你的影片一直有心理上的象征, 从没有政治上的象征。 |
[29:41] | – Where do you stand politically? – What can I say to that? | – 那么你的政治立场是什么? – 这我能说什么呢? |
[29:44] | I’m for total, honest democracy, you know. | 我拥护完全的、诚实的民主,你知道。 |
[29:48] | And I also believe the American system can work. | 我也相信美国的这套可以行得通。 |
[29:56] | WOMAN: A lot of people have accused you of being narcissistic. | 有许多人指责你很自恋。 |
[30:03] | I know, people think I’m egotistical and narcissistic, but it’s not true. | 我知道,人们认为我很自我为中心、 很自恋,但这不是事实。 |
[30:07] | I… As a matter of fact, if I did identify with a Greek mythological character, | 我…实际上,要是一定要把我比作 希腊神话中的某个人物的话, |
[30:11] | it would not be Narcissus. | 那不会是那喀索斯【自恋的美少年】。 |
[30:13] | – Who would it be? – Zeus. | – 那会是谁? – 宙斯。 |
[30:19] | – Mr. Bates, I’m with the Cancer Society. – Right. | – 贝茨先生,我是“抗癌协会”的。 – 好的。 |
[30:22] | And it would mean so much to so many people if you could appear at our benefit… | 对那么多人将非常有意义, 如果你能赏光去我们…… |
[30:25] | I would be glad to. | 我很愿意。 |
[30:26] | Just call me when I get back into town. I do it all the time. | 等我回城后给我打电话。 我一直这么做的。 |
[30:29] | – Did you know, Sandy… – Really. | – 你知道吗,桑迪…… – 真的。 |
[30:31] | Did you know that, as we speak, | 你知道吗?在我们谈话的当儿, |
[30:32] | Russian scientists are being forcibly detained in insane asylums? | 俄国的科学家们正被 强行送入精神病院施行拘役? |
[30:36] | Yeah, well, I’m on a committee for that. You know what I mean? | 是的,我知道,我是与此相关的 一个委员会的成员。你知道我的意思吗? |
[30:38] | So I’ve signed petitions and all that stuff. | 我是说我已经在那些请愿书上签过名了。 |
[30:39] | You know what? Would you sign this autograph for my wife? | 你看,你能不能在这上面给我妻子签个名? |
[30:41] | – Oh, yeah. Sure. – Sandy Brockman from Flatbush Avenue. | – 噢,好的,当然。 – 你是弗莱特布什大街来的山迪・布劳赫曼。 |
[30:44] | – To Hilda. – Jerry Abraham. | – 写上“给希尔达”。 – 我是杰里・亚伯拉罕 |
[30:46] | – We went to school together, right? – I know. I remember you. I remember. | – 我们一起上的学,还记得吗? – 我知道,我记得你,我记得的。 |
[30:48] | You dressed as Superman, you tried to fly. | 你曾打扮成超人,你想飞起来。 |
[30:50] | – Yeah, I remember. – I know you’re busy. When can we talk? | – 是的,我记得。 – 你知道你很忙,我们可以谈谈吗? |
[30:52] | – I’ll be here all weekend. – Okay, take care. | – 我整个周末都在这儿。 – 好的,保重。 |
[30:54] | – What is this? – Don’t read it now. Wait until later. | – 这是什么? – 现在别读,等会儿再看。 |
[30:56] | – What is this thing? – My son wrote it. It’s perfect for you. | – 这是什么东西? – 我儿子写的,非常适合你。 |
[30:58] | It’s a spoof on jockeys. | 拿三角裤头开涮的。 |
[31:01] | – On jockeys? – Yes, a spoof on jockeys. Little jockeys. | – 三角裤头? – 对,恶搞三角裤衩,小裤衩。 |
[31:03] | – Little tiny jockeys? That sounds great. – Yeah. | – 小小的裤衩?听起来不错。 – 是的。 |
[31:05] | Call. Call, okay? | 打电话给我,打电话,行吗? |
[31:09] | Sandy. Can I have your autograph? | 山迪,你能给我签个名吗? |
[31:12] | Oh, sure. There you go. | 噢,当然,这就签。 |
[31:15] | – I was a cesarean. – Oh. That’s great. | – 我是剖腹产生下的。 – 噢,很好啊。 |
[31:55] | Isobel. My God, what are you doing here? | 伊泽贝尔,我的天呐,你来这儿干什么? |
[31:58] | – But you called me. You were lonely. – I know. But what a surprise. | – 是你打电话给我的,你很寂寞。 – 我知道,但这也太让人意外了。 |
[32:02] | What a treat. | 多好的款待啊! |
[32:03] | Oh, Jesus. | 噢,天哪。 |
[32:05] | Sandy? | 山迪? |
[32:07] | – Sandy? Hi. I really loved your last film. – Oh, thank you. | – 山迪?我真的非常喜欢你的上一部影片。 – 噢,谢谢。 |
[32:11] | In English. Speak to me in English. | 说英语,用英语和我说。 |
[32:12] | I had a very erotic dream about you last night. | 昨晚我做了个很色情的梦,梦见了你。 |
[32:16] | You know, I hope you brought your little tiny white cotton socks that I like, | 你知道,我希望你带来了你那双 小小的白棉袜,我很喜欢。 |
[32:20] | – you know, because… – Listen, I left my husband. | – 你知道,因为…… – 听着,我离开了我丈夫。 |
[32:26] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[32:28] | He knew I was having an affair and I did not want to lie to him. | 他知道我有了婚外情, 我不想对他撒谎。 |
[32:34] | I’m stunned. | 我很吃惊。 |
[32:36] | – That makes you nervous, no? – No, no, no. I’m not nervous. | – 那让你紧张了,没有吗? – 不,不,我没紧张。 |
[32:42] | I’m just so… I just… I know we talked about it… | 我只是…我只是… 我知道我们谈过这…… |
[32:46] | Sandy, I knitted this sweater for you myself. | 山迪,我亲手给你织了件毛衣。 |
[32:48] | – Thanks very much. Thank you. – You know, you don’t have… | – 非常感谢,谢谢你。 – 你知道,你没必要…… |
[32:49] | – I just didn’t think it would happen. – You don’t have to worry about it. | – 我只是没料到会这样。 – 你没必要担心什么。 |
[32:52] | – No, I’m not worried about it. – I’m just going to take care of myself. | – 不,我没担心。 – 我会自己照顾好自己的。 |
[32:54] | You know, what has that got to… What does that mean? | 这是什么话…这是什么意思? 你会照顾好…… |
[32:56] | – We’ve seen all your films. – They suck. | – 我们看过你所有的电影。 – 它们太烂了。 |
[32:58] | – They’re terrific. – Because I know your face. | – 它们都很棒。 – 因为我可以从你脸上看出来, |
[33:01] | I know you are going to be sick. | 我知道你要不舒服了。 |
[33:03] | I’m not going to be sick. I’m just so stunned. | 我没有不舒服,我只是有点吃惊。 |
[33:05] | I can’t… You know, we discussed it and I… And I… | 我不能…你知道,我们讨论过这个, 我…我…… |
[33:08] | I think I’m going to stay in a hotel and find an apartment. | 我想我会去住旅馆,然后找套公寓。 |
[33:11] | Honey, you’re not staying in a hotel. | 亲爱的,你别去住旅馆。 |
[33:13] | The whole point was that you would leave your husband and stay with me, | 重要的是你离开你丈夫, 和我呆在一起, |
[33:15] | that we would live together or marry, but be together. | 我们生活在一起或结婚, 关键是要在一起。 |
[33:18] | – Can I have your autograph? – That’s the point of it. | – 我能得到你的签名吗? – 这才是最重要的。 |
[33:21] | You’re not gonna stay at a hotel. | 你别去住旅馆。 |
[33:22] | – No, I… – That’s ridiculous. | – 不,我…… – 这太荒唐了。 |
[33:24] | No, I think it would be okay if it is like that. | 不,我想那样也不错。 |
[33:27] | We could marry, but there is no pressure. | 我们可以结婚,但是我不会逼你。 |
[33:29] | I don’t feel pressure. I… | 我可没说你会逼我。我…… |
[33:33] | It’s funny. I had salmon for breakfast, you know, and I feel nauseous a little bit. | 有意思,早餐我吃的鲑鱼,你知道, 我感到有点恶心了。 |
[33:38] | – You know, they never serve it fresh. – You know something. | – 你知道,他们的鱼总是不新鲜。 – 你知道吗? |
[33:40] | I just brought up a wonderful bottle of wine and my white socks. | 我带来了一瓶好酒,还有我的白袜, |
[33:45] | You know, the ones you like. | 你知道,就是你喜欢的那双。 |
[33:46] | Isobel. Gee, I feel like such a fool. | 伊泽贝尔,天呐,我觉得自己像个傻瓜。 |
[33:50] | Excuse me, Mr. Bates, could I have your autograph? | 对不起,贝茨先生, 能请你给我签个名吗? |
[33:53] | I’ve seen all of your films. You’re a master of despair. | 我看过你所有的电影。 你是描写绝望的大师, |
[33:57] | – Such a touch of Kafka. – You know, I feel so… | – 很有点卡夫卡的味道。 – 你知道,我觉得自己太…… |
[33:59] | – I feel sick. – Can you give me 15 minutes? | – 我感到很恶心。 – 你能给我十五分钟吗? |
[34:01] | I will have a bath, and you will come to the room. | 我要洗个澡,然后你来我房间。 |
[34:03] | – What about the children? – They are okay. They will come tomorrow. | – 孩子们怎么办? – 他们很好,他们明天过来。 |
[34:17] | Hi. | 嗨。 |
[34:19] | – Hi. – What are you doing here? | – 嗨。 – 你在这儿干嘛? |
[34:22] | I just came in to be alone for a minute, to think, you know. | 我只是想进来单独呆一会儿, 思考思考,你知道。 |
[34:24] | – What are you doing here? – Oh, I… That’s exactly what I was doing. | – 你在这儿干嘛? – 噢,我…那也正是我想做的。 |
[34:27] | – I was just sitting around thinking… – Yeah? | – 我也想坐下来思考思考, – 是吗? |
[34:28] | – you know, trying to get away. – What are you thinking about? | – 你知道,想独自呆会儿。 – 你要思考什么呢? |
[34:31] | Me? Well, I was thinking about, should I change my movie? | 我?嗯,我在考虑, 是不是应该改变我的电影? |
[34:36] | Should I change my life? You know, all kinds of, you know, serious… | 是不是应该改变我的生活?你知道, 使之更加严肃一点…… |
[34:41] | – Yeah? – Yeah. What a surprise. | – 是吗? – 是的。真太意外了。 |
[34:43] | You know, I had a dream about you last night. | 你知道,昨晚我梦到了你。 |
[34:45] | – Did you? – Yeah. | – 是吗? – 是的。 |
[34:47] | – What did you dream? – I can’t tell you. | – 你梦到了什么? – 我不会告诉你的。 |
[34:49] | – No, come on. – No. It was really embarrassing. | – 别,别这样。 – 不,真太不好意思了。 |
[34:52] | – Really? Was it one of those? – Yeah, really. It was. | – 真的吗?是那种梦吗? – 是的,的确是那种梦。 |
[34:54] | God, that’s terrible. | 天呐,太糟了。 |
[34:55] | Maybe if I get to know you better, I’ll tell you. | 要是我更了解了你,也许我会告诉你。 |
[34:57] | – Yeah? – But I can’t now. | – 是吗? – 但是现在我不能。 |
[34:58] | – Hi. Can I have your autograph? – You’re kidding. | – 嗨,能给我签个名吗? – 真是搞笑! |
[35:00] | – What do you guys do? – Me, too. | – 你们在这儿干嘛? – 给我也签个。 |
[35:02] | – Follow me around? – We think you’re so sexy. | – 跟踪着我? – 我们认为你太性感了。 |
[35:07] | I’m sexy? They think I’m sexy. | 我很性感?她们认为我很性感。 |
[35:11] | – Come on, Dorrie. – Don’t lie to me. You’re attracted to her. | – 别这样,多丽。 – 别对我撒谎了,你被她迷上了。 |
[35:14] | I’m not attracted to her. What are you talking about? | 我没有被她迷上。 你这是什么话啊? |
[35:17] | Staring at her all through dinner. Giving each other looks. | 吃饭的时候你一直盯着她看, 互相眉来眼去的。 |
[35:19] | – Stop it. She’s 14 years old. – Don’t you think I see it? | – 别扯了,她才十四岁。 – 你以为我没看出来? |
[35:22] | She’s not even 14, she’s 13-and-a-half. | 她甚至连十四岁都没有,她才十三岁半。 |
[35:24] | I don’t care. I used to play those games with my father, so I know. | 这我不管。我以前和我父亲也玩过 这样的游戏,所以我很清楚。 |
[35:27] | – I’ve been through all that. – What kind of games? | – 这些我都经历过。 – 什么样的游戏? |
[35:29] | You think I’m flirting with your kid cousin? | 你以为我在和你的小孩表妹调情? |
[35:31] | – You can’t take your eyes off her! – She was sitting opposite me. | – 你甚至都不愿意把目光从她身上移开! – 她就坐在我的对面啊! |
[35:33] | – You smile at her! – I smile at her. I’m a friendly person. | – 你冲着她微笑! – 我冲着她微笑,我对谁都很友好。 |
[35:37] | What do you want? She’s a kid! This is stupid! | 你想干什么啊?她还是个孩子! 真太无聊了! |
[35:39] | – I don’t wanna have this conversation. – Don’t tell me it’s stupid! | – 我不想继续谈下去了! – 别跟我说这很无聊! |
[35:41] | I used to do that with my father, across the table, all those private jokes. I know. | 我以前就是这么和我父亲玩的, 隔着桌子,开那些私下里的玩笑,我知道的。 |
[35:44] | Do what? What private jokes? We were talking about movies. | 玩什么啊?什么私下里的玩笑? 我们谈的是电影。 |
[35:47] | She likes funny movies, so we were discussing it. | 她喜欢有意思的电影, 所以我们在讨论这个。 |
[35:50] | What? Hey, what’s the matter with you? | 你…你,嘿,你怎么回事啊? |
[35:52] | Dorrie, what’s the matter with you? You’re nuts. | 多丽,你怎么回事? 你疯了吗? |
[35:56] | You know how ridiculous this sounds? What are you saying? | 你知道这听上去有多么荒唐吗? 你在说什么啊? |
[36:00] | That I’m flirting with your kid cousin? | 我和你的小孩表妹调情? |
[36:03] | I mean, doesn’t that sound… That’s absurd. | 我是说,那听起来不是很…太荒谬了。 |
[36:06] | Come on. | 别这样。 |
[36:12] | – Oh, my God! – I was in the neighborhood. | – 噢,我的上帝! – 我正好在附近, |
[36:14] | – I had to say hello. – Why didn’t you call me? | – 我应该过来问声好。 – 为什么不打电话给我。 |
[36:16] | – I’m appearing right near here… – What a surprise? Come on in. | – 我正好路过此地…… – 太惊喜了!快进来! |
[36:18] | – This is Isobel, this is my sister. – Hello, Isobel. | – 这是伊泽贝尔,这是我妹妹。 – 你好,伊泽贝尔。 |
[36:20] | – Hi. – Oh, my God! Sam’s gonna die. | – 你好。 – 噢,我的上帝!山姆要高兴死了。 |
[36:21] | Come on in. | 快进来。 |
[36:23] | Girls! My brother! Do you believe this? | 姑娘们!这是我哥哥!你们能相信吗? |
[36:25] | – What are you shouting for? – This is my brother Sam. We’re relaxed. | – 你喊什么啊? – 这是我哥哥山迪。我们在放松。 |
[36:27] | – We’re all relaxed, Sandy. – Did I come at a bad time? | – 我们都放松过了,山迪。 – 我来得不是时候吗? |
[36:29] | No, you didn’t come at a bad time. We’re all doing yoga. We’re all relaxed. | 不,你没来得不是时候。 我们在做瑜珈,我们都放松了。 |
[36:32] | Come on. You know everybody. I know you know Irene. | 过来,每个人你都认识。 我知道你认识艾琳。 |
[36:35] | – Oh, yeah. What happened, Irene? – It’s so ironic. Look at her face. | – 噢,是的。你怎么了,艾琳? – 真是讽刺,瞧瞧她的脸。 |
[36:38] | We moved here to get away from the crime and garbage, and look at this face. | 我们搬到这儿是为了远离 犯罪和垃圾,可瞧瞧这张脸。 |
[36:41] | Someone broke into her house last week, they robbed her, they raped her… | 上星期有人闯入了她的家, 他们抢劫了她,并强奸了她…… |
[36:44] | – In the suburbs? – I wish that… | – 在这郊区? – 我希望…… |
[36:46] | Isobel, they raped her over and over again. | 伊泽贝尔,他们一遍遍地强奸她。 |
[36:48] | – They tied her to the bed. – It was horrible. | – 他们把她绑在床上。 – 太可怕了,太可怕了。 |
[36:50] | – Do you believe it? – With my scarf. | – 你能相信吗? – 用我的围巾。 |
[36:51] | – Really? – I didn’t even resist. | – 真的吗? – 我甚至都没反抗。 |
[36:52] | I’m sure you didn’t resist. Knowing you, Irene, you… | 我肯定你没反抗。 了解你的,艾琳,你…… |
[36:55] | Come on in. How about a drink? Isobel? Coffee? Tea? | 快进来。要喝点什么吗? 伊泽贝尔?咖啡还是茶? |
[36:58] | – Sandy, you gotta go see Sam. – Are you all right? | – 山迪,你应该去看看山姆。 – 你现在好点了吗? |
[37:01] | – He’s in the bedroom and he’s meditating. – I will. I’ll see Sam. I will. | – 他在卧室里,他正在冥想。 – 我会的,我会去见山姆,我会的。 |
[37:05] | – Hi. Would you please? – Don’t bother him. | – 嗨,能不能请你? – 别打搅他了。 |
[37:08] | – To Kevin and Mendel. – Kevin and Mendel? | – 写上“给凯文和孟德尔”。 – 凯文和孟德尔? |
[37:10] | – What are they, children? – They’re my children. | – 他们是谁,你的小孩? – 他们是我的孩子。 |
[37:15] | I had two heart attacks before I got the bicycle. | 在有了这辆脚踏车之前, 我犯过两次心脏病。 |
[37:19] | – And since then? – I also had two. | – 那么之后呢? – 又犯过两次。 |
[37:26] | This is us when we used to go to the seashore every summer. | 噢,这是我们去海边时拍的, 每年夏天都去。 |
[37:29] | – This is Sandy? – That’s Sandy. | – 这是山迪? – 这是山迪。 |
[37:30] | – And you. Where are you? – That’s me, the baby. | – 你呢,你在哪儿? – 这个是我,这个婴儿。 |
[37:32] | – Nice baby. – Yeah. My father stayed in the city. | – 可爱的宝贝。 – 是的。我父亲留在城里。 |
[37:35] | I think he fooled around. There he is. | 我想他到处瞎混,这个是他。 |
[37:37] | – And your mother? – That’s my mother. | – 你妈妈呢? – 这是我妈妈。 |
[37:38] | They were always fighting, always screaming at each other. | 他们总是在争吵,总是在相互叫喊。 |
[37:42] | Once the police had to come. Here’s Sandy in the Hebrew school play. | 有一次把警察都招来了。 噢,这是山迪在希伯来语学校演戏。 |
[37:45] | Oh, my God, I haven’t seen this picture in ages. | 噢,我的天呐,已经有好多年 我没看这照片了。 |
[37:47] | – He’s so cute. – Yeah, glasses, skinny. | – 他太可爱了。 – 是啊,戴着眼睛,瘦猴似的。 |
[37:49] | – Look how skinny he was. Always skinny. – Oh, yeah. | – 看看他多么瘦,一直那么瘦。 – 噢,是很瘦。 |
[37:51] | Remember how you got into that fight? It was awful. | 还记得你是怎么打起来的吗? 太可怕了。 |
[37:54] | Yeah, well, I always resented Abraham being so willing to kill his son. | 记得,我一直对亚伯拉罕那么坚决地要 杀死自己的儿子而耿耿于怀。 |
[37:57] | – Yeah. – I’m still bothered by it. | – 是啊。 – 我仍然感到不舒服。 |
[37:59] | I think it was jealousy. You wanted the part of God. | 我想那是因为你嫉妒了, 你想演上帝这个角色。 |
[38:05] | – Oh, she’s a lovely girl. – I know. She’s wonderful. | – 噢,她是个可爱的女孩。 – 我知道,她很不错。 |
[38:08] | – Are you gonna get married? – I guess. You know, I suppose. | – 你要结婚了吗? – 我想是的,你知道,我想是。 |
[38:11] | What do you mean, you guess? Yes or no? | 你什么意思,你想是的?是还是不是? |
[38:13] | I mean, you know, that looks like the direction we’re heading in. | 我是说,你知道,看上去 正是朝那方向上去了。 |
[38:16] | – Are you in love with each other? – Yeah, I suppose so. | – 你们相互爱着对方吗? – 是的,我想是的。 |
[38:19] | You know, I don’t know what to say because it’s a package deal. | 你知道,我不知道该怎么说, 因为这是个一揽子的买卖。 |
[38:23] | I get a wife. I get a French wife and I get two kids, overnight. | 我得到个妻子,一夜之间, 我有了个法国妻子,我有了两个孩子。 |
[38:27] | – Yeah? – The question is do I want that? | – 是吗? – 问题是这是否是我需要的? |
[38:28] | I like the idea she’s French. That I find romantic. | 我喜欢她是法国人, 我觉得这很罗曼蒂克。 |
[38:30] | But do I want to have two kids suddenly? And, well, you know… | 但是转眼之间,我需要两个孩子吗? 嗯,你看,你知道…… |
[38:33] | – Oh, kids are nice, Sandy. – I know, but you have to… | – 噢,孩子很可爱的,山迪。 – 我知道,但是你不得不…… |
[38:36] | Of course, I never hear from my two older ones. | 当然,我自己的两个大孩子, 却杳无音信。 |
[38:38] | – Oh, Sandy, it’s such a terrible… – You still haven’t heard anything at all? | – 噢,山迪,这真太可怕了…… – 你仍然一点消息也没有吗? |
[38:41] | They’re 13 and 14. They hitchhiked to Texas. | 他们一个13岁一个14岁, 他们搭车去了德克萨斯。 |
[38:43] | – I know. I know. – I had the police. | – 我知道,我知道。 – 我报了警。 |
[38:45] | – I don’t know their whereabouts. – So they can’t find any trace? | – 我不知道他们的下落。 – 那么他们没找到什么线索吗? |
[38:47] | The youngest one is selling stolen cameras. I’m worried. I’m worried. | 小的那个说是在倒卖偷来的相机。 我很担心,担心死了。 |
[38:50] | – Take it easy. – Yeah, take it… | – 让它去吧。 – 是啊,让它去…… |
[38:52] | Well, Sam doesn’t wanna know about it. | 噢,山姆不想知道什么。 |
[38:54] | You know, he keeps having heart attacks. He never gets off the bike. | 你知道,他老犯心脏病。 他不想从脚踏车上下来。 |
[38:57] | – Do you hear from our parents at all? – Yeah. You know, they sit in Miami. | – 我们的爸妈有什么消息吗? – 是的,你知道,他们呆在迈阿密。 |
[39:02] | – Dad’s gonna be 80. – That’s amazing. Amazing. | – 爸爸有八十了。 – 太了不起了,很了不起。 |
[39:05] | Good shape. Mom’s blind in one eye, deaf in one ear. | 他身体很好。 妈妈瞎了一只眼睛,聋了一个耳朵。 |
[39:08] | I hope the same side of the head, right? Because that’s important. So she’s even. | 我希望是在脑袋的同一侧,是吗? 因为这很重要,这样她就平衡了。 |
[39:11] | – Don’t make jokes. – She should be even at that age. | – 别拿这开玩笑。 – 在这样的年纪平衡很重要。 |
[39:13] | I miss you. I never… | 我很想你。我从没…… |
[39:16] | Sam! That’s enough with that bell! | 山姆!真受够了那铃声了! |
[39:18] | I bought him a bell for Christmas and I never hear the end of it. | 我圣诞节给他买的这个铃, 到现在都响个不停。 |
[39:20] | So I send money to Miami all the time, | 我一直在往迈阿密寄钱, |
[39:22] | but I don’t know what else I can do for our parents. | 但是我不知道我还能 为我们的父母做点别的什么。 |
[39:23] | You’re good like that. You’re good like that. You keep up. | 你这样做很好,你这样做 很好,继续这样做。 |
[39:27] | You know, I like your sister. She’s very nice. | 你知道,我喜欢你妹妹,她人很不错。 |
[39:29] | She’s a little screwed up. | 她脑子有点问题。 |
[39:31] | – She’s very funny. – She is. | – 她很有趣。 – 是的。 |
[39:34] | When you told her that you had been a leftist, you know, | 当你跟她说你曾是个左派分子,你知道, |
[39:37] | and that you had been in jail, her mouth was hanging open. | 还有你曾进过监狱时, 我想她的嘴巴都合不拢了。 |
[39:41] | She’s intensely middle-class, you know. | 因为她是个十足的中产阶级,你知道。 |
[39:44] | I find that extremely difficult to swallow, even now. | 我也觉得那极难相信,现在也不信。 |
[39:47] | But I told you, things were very different in this time, in 68. | 但是我告诉过你,那时的情况, 68年的情况和现在大不一样。 |
[39:51] | I know they were different, | 我知道大不一样, |
[39:52] | but I can’t see you standing on the streets throwing rocks and bottles. | 但是我想象不出你怎么 站在大街上,扔石块和瓶子。 |
[39:56] | I don’t have that image of you. You’re too sweet to ever think of… | 我没法想象你这样的形象。 你太温柔了,实在想象不出…… |
[39:59] | I had to… Because we had to. | 我必须这么做,因为我们必须这么做。 |
[40:01] | It was the only way to change the spirit of relationships between people. | 这是改变人与人之间 关系实质的唯一方式。 |
[40:06] | George, you’re going too slow. They’re gonna get you. | 乔治,你开得太慢了, 警察要来抓你了。 |
[40:09] | I know, but, you know, it’s just such an odd thing. | 我知道,但是,你知道, 这真是件很奇怪的事。 |
[40:11] | I can never picture you just hanging in there with the workers, | 我永远也想象不出你在那儿, 和工人们混在一起, |
[40:15] | you know, and storming the… | 你知道,袭击…… |
[40:16] | The workers were not with us. | 工人们没和我们在一起。 |
[40:18] | They were fighting for their own salaries and own conditions of life. | 他们为他们自己的薪水和 生活条件在那儿战斗。 |
[40:23] | – Yes. And so what were you… – And we were fighting | – 好的。那么你为什么…… – 我们参加战斗… |
[40:25] | for the spirit of the things and for… | 是为了事物的本质,为了…… |
[40:29] | Maybe we were romantic, you know. | 也许我们很罗曼蒂克,你知道。 |
[40:30] | – They thought we were romantic and… – Yes. | – 人们认为我们很罗曼蒂克…… – 是的。 |
[40:33] | I remember, when I was in jail, I thought it was so romantic. | 我记得当我被抓进监狱时, 我想这简直太浪漫了。 |
[40:35] | – Oh, terrific. – I was so excited. | – 噢,太棒了。 – 我非常兴奋。 |
[40:37] | You met a lot of interesting men in jail? | 在监狱里你遇到过很多有趣的男人没? |
[40:41] | You know, men and women are separated in jail. | 你看,男人和女人是分开关押的。 |
[40:43] | I find it very, very difficult to have a commitment like that. | 我觉得我是坚决不可能 去做这样的事情的。 |
[40:46] | I feel to survive in life, you wanna stay loose, you wanna keep flexible. | 我觉得你要生存下去, 就别绷得太紧了,你得随遇而安。 |
[40:51] | What the hell is going on out there? What are they… | 外面究竟怎么回事?他们想…… |
[40:54] | – Hey, what’s going on? – Mr. Bates. How are you? | – 嘿,怎么回事? – 贝茨先生,你好吗? |
[40:58] | – I’ve always enjoyed your films. – Thanks very much. What’s he done? | – 我一直很喜欢你的电影。 – 非常感谢。他怎么啦? |
[41:01] | – Well, I’ve got a warrant for his arrest. – You’re kidding! | – 嗯,我这儿有他的通缉令。 – 你开玩笑! |
[41:04] | – For what? – I’m sorry. Out of Pennsylvania. | – 因为什么? – 对不起,是宾夕法尼亚州发出的, |
[41:06] | – It’s for mail fraud. – Mail fraud? My chauffeur? | – 涉及邮政诈骗。 – 邮政诈骗?我的司机? |
[41:09] | Listen, do you have a license? | 听着,你自己有驾照吗? |
[41:11] | – Can you drive this car? – I can drive it if I have to. | – 你自己能开车吗? – 要是非得开的话,我自己可以开。 |
[41:14] | – Are you gonna take him down? – I have to. I’m sorry. | – 你想怎么…你要逮捕他吗? – 我不得不这么做,很抱歉。 |
[41:16] | – Are you sure you got the right guy? – Yes, I do. | – 你肯定没弄错人? – 是的,我肯定。 |
[41:19] | By the way, Mr. Bates, the next time you do a film, | 噢对了,贝茨先生,你下一次拍片时, |
[41:22] | how about doing one about a police sergeant? | 拍一个警官的电影怎么样,嗯? |
[41:24] | – Jesus. – I got a great story to tell you, okay? | – 天哪! – 我有个很棒的故事可以告诉你,怎么样? |
[41:26] | What happened? | “怎么回事?” |
[41:27] | He’s booking my driver for mail fraud, if you can believe that. | 他控告我的司机犯有邮政诈骗罪, 要是你能相信的话。 |
[41:31] | Really? You’re kidding. Oh, that doesn’t make sense. | 真的吗?你开玩笑。 噢,简直岂有此理。 |
[41:34] | I checked every reference. They’re impeccable. | 我检查过所有的证明,没任何漏洞。 |
[41:37] | How can they be impeccable? I had six chauffeurs in two years. | 怎么会没任何漏洞? 两年之内我都换了六个司机了。 |
[41:40] | You get me drunks, guys who can’t understand English. | 你给我找来过酒鬼; 有的家伙根本听不懂英语; |
[41:44] | One guy ran over an old lady with me in the car, | 一个家伙碾了个老妇, 当时我还在车上; |
[41:46] | and now this guy’s wanted for mail fraud. | 现在是这个因邮政诈骗而遭到通缉的家伙。 |
[41:48] | Would you sign my left breast? | 能不能在我的左胸上签个名? |
[41:50] | By the way, Dr. Melnikoff called. | 噢对了,梅尔尼科夫医生来过电话, |
[41:53] | He said you should stop using that shampoo solution | 他说你应该停止使用他给你的 那种洗发溶液, |
[41:55] | he gave you to rub in your hair. | 他让你抹在头发上的那种。 |
[41:57] | He says they just found out it causes skin cancer. | 他说有人刚发现那会引起皮肤癌。 |
[42:00] | He’s had me on it for nine months. Now he tells me it causes skin cancer? | 他让我擦了九个月, 现在他跟我说那会引起皮肤癌啦? |
[42:04] | Ed Rich. I’m with the New York City Landmarks Committee. | 我叫埃德・里奇, 我是“纽约市地标委员会”的, |
[42:08] | – We’re having a fundraiser next month. – I’ll be glad to come. | – 下个月我们准备搞个筹款会。 – 我很乐意出席, |
[42:12] | – Just, you call me when I get to town. – It’s a wonderful cause, | – 等我回城后给我打个电话。 – 这是一项很好的事业, |
[42:15] | – to preserve old buildings. – I’m sure. I’m sure. | – 目的是保护古建筑。 – 当然,我可以肯定。 |
[42:17] | Just call me when I get back to town. I’ll be happy to make it. Really. | 等我回城以后就给我打个电话。 我会很高兴去参加的,真的。 |
[42:20] | – Oh. Oh. Okay. Fine. Thank you. – And cheer up. | – 噢,噢,好的。很好,谢谢你。 – 祝你愉快。 |
[42:35] | What is that? | 这是什么? |
[42:37] | What the hell is that? That’s the silliest thing I’ve ever seen. | 这究竟是什么玩意儿? 这是我见过的最最可笑的东西。 |
[42:40] | What is that? | 这是什么啊? |
[42:43] | Those people that are marching in the background. | 那些在背景里行走的人们, |
[42:45] | Those are all the people from the train that wind up in the garbage dump. | 都是那些从那辆火车上下来的人, 他们最后都去了垃圾场。 |
[42:52] | What the hell are they doing here? | 他们究竟在这儿干嘛? |
[42:59] | They wind up in Jazz Heaven. It’s commercial. It’s upbeat. | 他们最后来到了“爵士天堂”。 这是商业需要,要乐观向上。 |
[43:02] | They wind up in Jazz Heaven. It’s upbeat. It’s commercial. | 他们最后来到了“爵士天堂”。 这是商业需要,要乐观向上。 |
[43:04] | – It’s stupid. – I thought you’d like it, Sandy. | – 这是愚蠢透顶。 – 我以为你会喜欢呢,山迪。 |
[43:07] | You love jazz. | 你热爱爵士乐。 |
[43:08] | Who is this guy anyhow to rewrite the end of my movie? | 究竟是哪个家伙把我的电影 改写成这样的结尾的? |
[43:11] | And since when are all these guys involved? | 从什么时候开始这些家伙参与进来的? |
[43:14] | – What the hell is going on? – These are the new heads of the studio. | – 这究竟他妈的怎么回事? – 他们是制片场新来的人。 |
[43:16] | What do you mean? Every six months I meet a new group of studio heads. | 你什么意思?每隔六个月我就会 遇见一帮制片场的新人。 |
[43:19] | It’s very disconcerting to me, too, | 这让我也很为难, |
[43:21] | but, you know, the mortality rate in this business is unbelievable. | 但是,你知道,这个行当的死亡率出奇地高。 |
[43:24] | I’ll say. It’s like the Black Plague. Jesus. | 不如这么说,这就像是“黑死病”,天哪…… |
[43:27] | I think you’re wonderful. Can I have your autograph? | 我认为你棒极了。能给我签个名吗? |
[43:29] | I don’t want anybody going to Jazz Heaven. | 我不想让任何人去什么“爵士天堂”, |
[43:32] | That’s a nitwit idea. | 这是个笨蛋的主意。 |
[43:34] | You know, the whole point of the movie is that nobody is saved. | 你知道,这部电影的要点就是没人得救。 |
[43:37] | Sandy, this is an Easter film. We don’t need a movie by an atheist. | 山迪,这是“复活节”档的片子, 我们不能把它拍成无神论性质的。 |
[43:41] | To you I’m an atheist. To God I’m the loyal opposition. | 对你来说我是个无神论者; 对上帝来说我是个忠诚的对立面。 |
[43:44] | Jesus. | 天哪。 |
[43:45] | You know, I’m your biggest fan. I think you’re terrific. | 你知道,我是你最狂的影迷, 我认为你棒极了。 |
[43:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢。 |
[43:49] | – His public adores him. – Yeah, today they adore you, | – 大众们崇拜他。 – 是啊,今天他们崇拜你, |
[43:51] | – and tomorrow it’s one of these. – MAN: He’s paranoid. | – 明天就成了我现在这样。 – 他是个妄想狂。 |
[43:54] | I think you’re being a little paranoid. | 我认为你是有点妄想狂。 |
[43:55] | No, you know what I’m being? I’m being realistic. | 不,你知道我是什么吗? 我是个现实主义者。 |
[43:58] | You know, and that’s why you don’t like the movie. | 你看,这就是为什么 你不喜欢这部电影的原因。 |
[44:00] | It’s not a matter of what I like. | 这不是我喜不喜欢的问题。 |
[44:02] | Listen, I’ve been on this side of the business for four years now. | 听着,到目前我已经 在这个行业里干了四年。 |
[44:05] | Too much reality is not what the people want. | 太多的现实并不是人们所需要的。 |
[44:08] | Jazz Heaven. That is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. | “爵士天堂”,这是我听说过的 最愚蠢的事情。 |
[44:11] | You can’t control life. It doesn’t wind up perfectly. | 你不能因为生活得不完美, 而去控制生活。 |
[44:13] | Only art you can control. Art and masturbation. | 只有艺术你可以控制,艺术和自慰, |
[44:17] | Two areas in which I am an absolute expert. | 这两个领域我绝对可以算是专家。 |
[44:25] | – I feel very tired. – Yeah? | – 我感到很疲劳。 – 是吗? |
[44:27] | Isobel, I want you to come and live with me. | 伊泽贝尔,我想让你和我住在一起。 |
[44:30] | – Can we not talk about it tonight? – No, I wanna talk about it. | – 今晚我们能不能不谈这个? – 不,我想谈谈。 |
[44:34] | I’ve been thinking about it all day. You know, it… | 我已经考虑了一整天了,你知道,这…… |
[44:36] | I was just very, very surprised before, that’s all. | 先前我是觉得非常非常意外,就是这样。 |
[44:39] | But, you know, when I think it over, it’s a very, very important thing to me. | 但是,你知道,当我仔细考虑了一下以后, 觉得这件事对我非常非常重要。 |
[44:43] | – You know, you don’t have to say that. – I know I don’t have to say it. | – 你看,你没必要这么说。 – 我知道我没必要这么说。 |
[44:46] | But, you know, I feel that way. | 但是,你知道,我确实是这样觉得的。 |
[44:48] | I have very, very complicated feelings towards you. | 我对你有着非常非常复杂的感情。 |
[44:51] | You know, I like to be with you and I don’t want to screw up this relationship. | 你知道,我喜欢和你在一起, 我不想毁了我们之间的关系。 |
[44:56] | You know that I love you, I trust you, you know. | 你知道我爱你,我信任你,你知道。 |
[44:58] | You’re one of the few people that I really have fun with. | 你是我少有的几个 能真正获得乐趣的人之一。 |
[45:03] | Gee, if it wasn’t for you this past year, I’d have been absolutely, you know… | 天,要是这过去的一年里不是因为你的话, 我绝对会是,你知道…… |
[45:10] | Isobel, what are you doing? | 伊泽贝尔,你在干嘛? |
[45:11] | I’m pouring my heart out here and you’re behaving like a crazy person. | 我在这儿向你吐露心迹, 可你却表现得像个不正常的人。 |
[45:15] | Isobel, will you stop that for a minute? | 伊泽贝尔,你能不能先停一下? |
[45:19] | Yes, but I’m just doing my exercise. | 是的,可是我在做练习啊。 |
[45:21] | Yes. But this is important, what I’m saying. | 好的,但是这很重要,我说的很重要。 |
[45:24] | – Can you… – Yes, but my exercise, too. | – 你能不能…… – 是的,但是我的练习也很重要。 |
[45:26] | – Yes. I know, but… – I need it for my muscle. | – 是的,我知道,但是…… – 我需要做肌肉练习。 |
[45:28] | – You look like you’re having a fit. – No, I’m not. | – 你看上去像是面瘫了。 – 不,我没有。 |
[45:31] | Isobel. Isobel, I’m serious. I want you to move in with me. | 伊泽贝尔,伊泽贝尔,我是认真的。 我想让你搬来和我一起住。 |
[45:35] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的。 |
[45:37] | I think that you should live with me | 我想你应该和我一起住, |
[45:39] | and I think we would have a lot of fun together. | 我想我们在一起会很有乐趣的。 |
[45:43] | – I’m not sure about anything, you know? – What do you mean? | – 我不是太能确定,你知道? – 你什么意思? |
[45:47] | I’m just thinking of it. It’s such a big decision for me, too. | 我只是考虑了一下, 这对我也是一个重大的决定。 |
[45:51] | I know it’s a big decision for you, too. | 我知道这对你也是一个重大的决定。 |
[45:53] | It wasn’t so easy to leave my husband, and now to think of the children… | 离开我丈夫不是件容易的事, 现在还要考虑我的孩子们…… |
[45:57] | It’s good that you left your husband, though. | 但是你离开你丈夫是好事情。 |
[45:59] | – I think it’s a good thing. – Yes, I’m sure of it, too. | – 我认为这是好事情。 – 是的,这我也很肯定。 |
[46:02] | And I think it would be… | 我想这会…… |
[46:03] | But I’m not sure about the rest, you know. | 但是其它的事我就不能那么肯定了,你知道, |
[46:06] | It frighten me, too. | 那让我很害怕。 |
[46:11] | I think we have to think about it. | 我认为我们还要考虑考虑。 |
[46:14] | I see. So now that I feel that you should live with me, | 明白了。现在当我觉得 你应该和我生活在一起时, |
[46:16] | now you, all of a sudden, you feel differently, right? | 而你却突然之间,不这么想了,是吗? |
[46:19] | But it is not so clear. | 只是这些都不太明朗而已。 |
[46:21] | But don’t you see? To me, you may be the perfect woman. | 但是你没觉得吗?对我来说, 你或许就是那个完美的女人。 |
[46:31] | You’re mad. You’re a respected, well-known, established New York doctor. | 你疯了。你是个受人尊敬的、 有名有地位的纽约医生。 |
[46:35] | How could you get involved in something like this? | 你怎么能干出这样的事来呢? |
[46:38] | But, you know, I’ve never been able to fall in love. | 可是,你知道,我从来没办法爱上什么人, |
[46:39] | I’ve never been able to find the perfect woman. | 我从来没办法找到个完美的女人, |
[46:42] | There’s always something wrong. And then I met Doris. | 总是有什么地方出了差错。 然后我遇见了多丽丝, |
[46:44] | A wonderful woman, great personality. | 一个出色的女人,具有伟大的个性。 |
[46:46] | But, for some reason, I’m just not turned on sexually by her. Don’t ask me why. | 但是,出于某种原因,我就是 对她提不起性趣。别问我为什么。 |
[46:50] | And then I met Rita. An animal. Nasty, mean, trouble. | 然后我遇见了丽塔,一头野兽, 下流、庸俗、而麻烦。 |
[46:54] | And I love going to bed with her. | 但是我喜欢和她上床, |
[46:56] | Though afterward I always wished that I was back with Doris. | 尽管事后我总是希望回到多丽丝身边。 |
[46:59] | Then I thought to myself, if only I could put Doris’s brain in Rita’s body. | 于是我对我自己说,何不把多丽丝的脑子 放入到丽塔的身体里, |
[47:03] | Wouldn’t that be wonderful? | 那样不就太妙了吗? |
[47:04] | And I thought, why not? What the hell? I’m a surgeon. | 于是我想,为什么不呢? 去他娘的,我就是外科医生啊! |
[47:07] | Surgeon? Where’d you study medicine, in Transylvania? | 外科医生?你在哪儿学的医? 特兰西瓦尼亚【吸血鬼的故乡】? |
[47:10] | So I performed the operation and everything went perfectly. | 所以我施行了手术,一切都进展顺利。 |
[47:13] | I switched their personalities and I took all the badness and put it over there, | 我交换了她们的个性,我取出了所有 恶的东西,将它们放到了这里, |
[47:18] | and I made Rita into a warm, wonderful, charming, sexy, sweet, | 我把丽塔变成了一个热情的、 奇妙的、迷人的、性感的、温柔的、 |
[47:21] | giving, mature woman. | 好施的、成熟的女人。 |
[47:23] | And then I fell in love with Doris. | 可是我却爱上了这个多丽丝。 |
[47:27] | Do you really feel there’s such a thing as a perfect mate? | 你真的觉得存在所谓的完美伴侣吗? |
[47:30] | I mean, don’t you think the basis of any mature relationship is really compromise? | 我是说,你不认为任何成熟关系的基础 其实是相互妥协吗? |
[47:35] | I think any relationship is not based on | 我认为任何关系的基础… |
[47:37] | either compromise or maturity or perfection or any of that. | 既不是妥协,也不是成熟, 或完美诸如此类的。 |
[47:40] | It’s really based on luck. You know, that’s the key thing. | 它实际上是基于运气。 你知道,这才是关键。 |
[47:43] | People don’t like to acknowledge that because it means a loss of control, | 人们只是不愿意承认这一点, 因为这就意味着失去控制, |
[47:46] | but you really have to be lucky. | 但是你真的非常需要运气。 |
[47:48] | I have a question for Mr. Roberts. | 我想问罗伯茨先生一个问题。 |
[47:50] | Was the scene between you and Sandy Bates at the wax museum | 你和山迪・贝茨在 蜡像博物馆的那场戏… |
[47:53] | a homage to Vincent Prices horror movie the House of Wax? | 是不是模仿的文森特・普莱斯 的恐怖电影《恐怖蜡像馆》? |
[47:57] | An homage? Not exactly. We just stole the idea outright. | 模仿?不太确切。我们直截了当地 偷取了那个主意。 |
[48:17] | You set things up so you can play a little golf, | 你把事情都安排好了, 这样你就可以打点儿高尔夫球, |
[48:20] | you get a little poon, you smoke some good grass… | 玩点儿女人, 吸点儿高品质的大麻… |
[48:23] | – Yeah, keep going. – … and that’s what life’s about. | – 是啊,继续说。 – 生活其实就是这么回事。 |
[48:26] | – It’s shallow. It’s shallow. – Shallow? | – 很浅薄,太浅薄了。 – 浅薄? |
[48:29] | Did you see the shallow girl that I’m with? | 你见到过和我在一起的 那个浅薄的女孩吗? |
[48:31] | – No, I haven’t. – Playboy centerfold. | – 没有,我没见过。 – 她是《花花公子》中心插页女郎。 |
[48:33] | – Perfect. You met her in a hot tub, right? – She’s a lovely girl. She’s very healthy. | – 太好了。你是在热浴盆里碰到她的吧,是吗? – 她是个可爱的姑娘,她很健康。 |
[48:37] | – Into massage, right? – She won’t eat meat, sweets, | – 你给她按摩,对吗? – 她不吃肉和甜的东西, |
[48:40] | – just amphetamines. – Yeah. Exactly. | – 只吃安非他明【抗抑郁兴奋剂】。 – 是啊,一点不错。 |
[48:42] | You don’t make such good picks. A lot of your picks left a lot to be desired. | 你挑人的眼光不太对头, 你挑的好多人都不尽如人意。 |
[48:46] | Like what? Like what? Like Dorrie? Dorrie was fabulous. | 比如说谁?比如说谁?比如说多丽? 多丽很出色的。 |
[48:48] | – Dorrie was a loony. – Dorrie was great. | – 多丽是个疯婆子。 – 多丽很棒。 |
[48:50] | – She was bright, she was quick… – She was bright, there’s no question. | – 她很聪明,她很机敏,她非常棒。 – 她很聪明,这没什么疑问。 |
[48:53] | Yeah. She had a perfect personality. | 是的,她具有完美的个性。 |
[48:55] | She was completely self-conscious out of bed, | 在床下她非常害羞, |
[48:58] | and when you got her in bed she was completely unselfconscious. | 但是一旦你把她弄上床, 她就一点也不装腔作势。 |
[49:01] | I mean, it’s a perfect balance. | 我是说,这是一种完美的平衡。 |
[49:02] | Yeah. Yeah, she could be very fine and funny and bright | 是啊,是啊,她可能是很不错、 很有趣、很聪明、很奇妙, |
[49:05] | and wonderful two days a month. | 但是一个月里只有两天。 |
[49:07] | – The other 28, she was lost. – But what a two days, let me tell you. | – 其余的28天,她就神志无知了。 – 但那是怎样的两天啊,我来告诉你好了。 |
[49:10] | When she was on, she was a 10. She was dynamite. | 当她正常时,她可以打十分, 她魅力四射。 |
[49:14] | TONY: Do you remember when we went to that place with the pipes? | 你还记得我们去过的那个 有着很多管子的地方吗? |
[49:17] | – That was her photography period. – That was hilarious. | – 那一阵子她迷上了摄影。 – 真太好玩了。 |
[49:20] | I remember you bought her a camera. | 我记得是你给她买的相机。 |
[49:21] | Well, she kept hinting. That’s all she hinted was for a camera. | 是的,她老是给我暗示, 她一直暗示想要个相机。 |
[49:24] | And graphics. That’s all she talked about. | 还有构图,她开口闭口都是构图。 |
[49:25] | Yeah, she was obsessed. Well, you like to pose for pictures. | 是的,她入迷了。 对了,你喜欢骚首弄姿地拍照, |
[49:28] | Oh, you were in all your hammy glory. | 噢,你总是洋洋得意、举止夸张。 |
[49:30] | I wanted to go hear jazz, and you guys wanted to go home and rehearse. | 有次我想去听爵士乐, 可你们俩却想回家排练。 |
[49:34] | We had to rehearse. We’re artists. We had work to do that night. | 我们不得不排练,我们是艺术家, 你看,那天晚上我们有活儿要干。 |
[49:37] | I can imagine. | 我可以想象。 |
[49:46] | Hey, Sandy. Jerry Abraham. Remember me? We grew up together. | 嘿,山迪,我是杰里・亚伯拉罕。 还记得我吗?我们一起长大的。 |
[49:49] | Of course. You asked me this the other day. | 当然记得,前几天你问过我这个。 |
[49:51] | Of course, I remember you. Why should I forget you? | 当然我记得你,为什么我会忘记你? |
[49:53] | Well, you know, people grow up, they become big hotshots, they forget. | 呃,你看,大家都长大了, 有人成了大腕,他们就忘记了。 |
[49:56] | – We played stickball together, right? – Yeah. We went to Hebrew school, too. | – 我们一起玩过棍子球,对吗? – 对,我们也一起上的希伯来语学校。 |
[49:58] | Yeah. So what are you doing? What are you up to? | 是啊。那么你现在干嘛? 你现在做什么工作? |
[50:00] | You know what I do now? I drive a cab. | 你知道我现在干什么吗? 我开出租车。 |
[50:02] | Well, you look good. There’s nothing wrong with that. | 嗯,你看起来不错。 开出租车没有什么不好。 |
[50:04] | Yeah, but look at me compared to you. | 是啊,但是看看我,再比比你, |
[50:07] | – I mean, all those beautiful broads. – Jesus. | – 我是说,那些漂亮的女人。 – 天哪,我感到头疼。 |
[50:09] | – You know, that’s great. – What do you want me to say? | – 你看,那感觉太爽了。 – 你让我怎么说好呢? |
[50:11] | I was the kid in the neighborhood that told the jokes, right? | 我是那个从小就在邻里间 讲笑话的小孩,对吗? |
[50:14] | So we live in a society that puts a big value on jokes, you know? | 刚好我们又生活在这样一个社会里, 人们离不开笑话,你知道? |
[50:19] | Think of it this way. | 你这样想好了: |
[50:20] | If I had been an Apache Indian, those guys didn’t need comedians at all, right? | 如果我是个阿帕契印第安人, 那些人一点也不需要喜剧,对吗? |
[50:24] | So…So I’d be out of work. | 那么…那么我就没饭碗了。 |
[50:25] | Oh, come on. | 噢,得了! |
[50:26] | That doesn’t help me feel better, you know. | 那不会让我好过一点,你知道。 |
[50:30] | I don’t know what to say. I got such a headache. | 我不知道说什么了。 我头疼得厉害。 |
[50:32] | You know, it’s luck. It’s all luck. I was lucky. | 你看,这都是运气, 全靠运气,我很幸运。 |
[50:34] | I’m the first to admit I was a lucky bum. | 我是第一个承认自己是个幸运儿的人。 |
[50:36] | If I was not born in Brooklyn, if I had been born in Poland or Berlin, | 要是我不是出生在布鲁克林, 要是我出生在波兰或者柏林, |
[50:40] | – I’d be a lampshade today, right? – Right. | – 那么我现在就是个人皮灯罩了,对吗? – 对。 |
[50:42] | It could happen just like that. | 我是说,生死无常。 |
[50:44] | So, you know, be thankful that you’re not Nat Bernstein. | 所以,你看,你应该感谢生活 没让你成为纳特・伯恩斯坦。 |
[50:46] | – Nat Bernstein? – Yeah, wasted away. | – 纳特・伯恩斯坦? – 是的,他日渐消瘦, |
[50:49] | Incurable disease. | 病入膏肓。 |
[50:50] | – It was absolutely terrible. – Oh, wow. | – 那简直太可怕了。 – 噢,哇哦。 |
[51:23] | Well, yes, of course, Harvey. | 噢,是的,当然,哈维。 |
[51:26] | No, I understand that. Of course. | 不,我知道,当然。 |
[51:28] | The point is it’s immoral for them to touch the end of my film. | 我要说的是,他们改动 我影片结尾的行为是可耻的。 |
[51:33] | Jesus. Well, I don’t know what to say. | 天哪,那我不知道该怎么说了。 |
[51:36] | So then we’ll sue them. | 那么我们起诉他们好了。 |
[51:38] | Can you call me back later this afternoon at the hotel and find out? | 你能今天下午晚些时候 往我旅馆打个电话吗?看看怎么办? |
[51:43] | Well, yes, I’ll be… Later this afternoon. | 嗯,好的,我会在…下午晚些时候。 |
[51:47] | Okay, okay. | 好的,好的。 |
[51:50] | No, the thing is, I’m kind of crazy right now. | 不,问题是我目前快要疯了。 |
[51:53] | I guess I just don’t seem to be able to sleep, you know? | 我想可能是因为我睡不着觉的关系, 你知道吗? |
[51:57] | I have to do some practicing on the violin | 我必须要练习一下小提琴了, |
[51:59] | cause I got to go back to the philharmonic in a couple of weeks. | 因为一两个星期之后 我就要回交响乐团了。 |
[52:03] | But, you know… | 但是,你看… |
[52:06] | Last night I had a migraine, and so I took some Darvon, | 昨天晚上我偏头疼得厉害, 所以我吃了几片达尔丰【止痛药】, |
[52:11] | and that made me so nervous that I took 40 milligrams of Valium, you know. | 但是那药使我神经紧张, 于是我又吞了40毫克的安定,你知道。 |
[52:16] | And then I still couldn’t sleep. I was up all night. | 之后我依然无法入睡,彻夜未眠。 |
[52:20] | Yeah, well… | 是啊,唔…… |
[52:22] | Well, I got a message on my service that Sarah called. | 嗯,旅馆服务告诉我莎拉 给我来过电话,留了条口信。 |
[52:27] | Yeah, I know. I haven’t talked to her in about a year, you know. | 对,我知道。我几乎有一年 没和她说过话了,你知道。 |
[52:30] | And I got upset. I started eating. | 我心烦意乱,我开始狂吃东西。 |
[52:34] | I ate a pound of cookies last night. | 昨天晚上我就吃掉了一磅饼干。 |
[52:37] | Yeah, I’m really fat. Really fat. | 是的,我已经很胖了,真的很胖。 |
[52:40] | Jack was so sweet about it. | 杰克很喜欢我胖点。 |
[52:44] | No, he doesn’t know about my relationship with her. | 不,他不知道我和她之间的关系。 |
[52:47] | I mean, he knows that we lived together in Israel but he doesn’t know the… | 我是说,他知道在以色列时 我们住在一起,但是他不知道这事。 |
[52:52] | He was so affectionate last night in bed. | 昨晚在床上他特别温柔热情, |
[52:55] | You know, he wanted… | 你知道,他想…… |
[52:57] | I told him I had herpes. | 我告诉他我有疱疹。 |
[53:00] | Yeah. No, take the call. I’ll hold on. | 好的。不,你先接电话,我等着。 |
[53:04] | No, I’ll hold on a second. | 别挂,我可以等一会儿。 |
[53:07] | I don’t like the idea of your kids riding on the train alone. | 我不希望你的孩子们独自坐火车过来。 |
[53:10] | – They will be okay, I’m sure. – Who knows what goes on in those things. | – 他们没事的,我可以保证。 – 谁知道路上会发生什么事。 |
[53:13] | You know, there’s a lot of weird people out there. | 你知道,到处都有很多奇怪的人, |
[53:15] | A lot of perverts and crazies. They’re liable to get molested or robbed. | 有很多变态和疯子。 他们会被骚扰或抢窃的。 |
[53:19] | Not my children. Maybe the other way around. | 我的孩子不会,还不知道谁骚扰谁呢。 |
[53:21] | If I knew exactly when they’re coming, my chauffeur could have picked them up. | 如果我知道他们到达的确切时间, 我的司机可以来接他们。 |
[53:24] | He could have broken out of jail and got them. | 你知道,他可以越狱而逃,过来接他们。 |
[53:26] | – Are you Sandy Bates? – No. | – 你是山迪・贝茨吧? – 不。 |
[53:28] | – The kids’ll probably be starved. – Yes, you are. | – 孩子们也许会饿着了。 – 是的,你就是。 |
[53:30] | No, no, no. | 不,不,不。 |
[53:32] | My mother buys meat in the same butcher shop your mother does. | 我妈妈和你妈妈在同一个肉店买肉。 |
[53:34] | – Oh, great. – Can I have your autograph? | – 噢,太好了。 – 能给我签个名吗? |
[53:36] | Oh, jeez! | 噢,天哪! |
[53:38] | Could you just write, ‘To Phyllis Weinstein, | 能不能写上:“给菲莉丝・维恩斯坦, |
[53:40] | ‘You unfaithful, lying bitch’ | “你这个不忠的、骗人的贱货”? |
[53:46] | Okay, okay. | 行,行。 |
[53:48] | We can sit by the window. It’ll be nice. | 我们可以坐在窗子旁,那位子不错。 |
[53:53] | Okay. We’ll sit by the window and have a nice time. | 好的。我们要坐在靠窗的位置, 好好玩玩。 |
[53:56] | Don’t attract attention. Don’t attract too much attention. | 别引人注目,别太吸引注意力了。 |
[54:00] | Okay, okay. | 好了,好了。 |
[54:03] | – Uncle Sandy… – Can I put you down first? | – 山迪叔叔…… – 先把你放下来好吗? |
[54:05] | Heavy kid! Jeez, she’s really heavy. | 好重的孩子!天呐,她真沉啊。 |
[54:09] | Uncle Sandy… | 山迪叔叔…… |
[54:14] | Okay, okay. | 好的,好的。 |
[54:18] | We don’t want to attract too much attention. | 我们不要太引人注目了喔。 |
[54:23] | Blonde kids. | 金发孩子。 |
[54:56] | – Thank you. – Happy birthday, boy. | – 谢谢。 – 生日快乐,小子。 |
[54:58] | You didn’t have to do that. | 你没必要这么做。 |
[55:00] | Wow. | 哇噢。 |
[55:05] | – What are you thinking about? – I’m knocked out by this. | – 你在想什么呢? – 我完全没有料到。 |
[55:08] | You know, you really didn’t have to do this. | 你知道,你真的没必要这么做。 |
[55:10] | – I never forget a birthday. – This is so great. | – 我从不忘记生日。 – 这太棒了。 |
[55:12] | But how did you know it’s exactly what I wanted? | 可是你怎么知道这正是我想要的东西? |
[55:14] | You always wanted to learn. | 你总是想学习新玩意儿。 |
[55:15] | Yeah. I wanted… Will this play the Mozart Flute Concerto? | 是的,我想学…它会演奏 莫扎特的长笛协奏曲吗? |
[55:18] | You have to do that. | 这得你来吹。 |
[55:19] | Oh, I have to do it? You mean it doesn’t… | 哦,这得我来吹?你是说它不会…… |
[55:21] | Oh, Dorrie, this is a big day for me here. | 噢,多丽,今天对我真意义非凡。 |
[55:25] | The Way of Zen. What are you trying to tell me? | 《禅之道》【艾伦・沃茨】。 你什么意思? |
[55:28] | That I’m not at peace, right? I think I need more than a Zen book. | 你是说我内心不够安宁,是吗? 我想你与其给我一本有关禅的书, |
[55:31] | I need either a good rabbi analyst or interplanetary genius to… | 不如给我找一个会精神分析的好拉比, 或者是一个外星天才…… |
[55:36] | What is that? | 这是什么? |
[55:37] | Oh, Dorrie, what… | 噢,多丽, |
[55:40] | Unbelievable. How did you get that? I thought the museum was gonna buy it. | 不敢相信,你从哪儿弄的啊? 我以为博物馆会买走它呢。 |
[55:45] | – Yeah, well, I knew you loved it. – This must have cost you a fortune. | – 是啊,可是我知道你特别想要。 – 这一定花了你一大笔钱吧。 |
[55:48] | How could you do that? It’s so extravagant. | 你怎么能这么做?这太奢侈了。 |
[55:52] | That’s… Gee, I… | 这…天,我…… |
[55:54] | You got nothing else for me? I mean, just three? | 你没有其它东西给我了吗? 我是说,就这三件? |
[55:57] | When I was a kid, the thing that I always wanted was an elephant. | 在我小时候,我一直想要的东西是一头大象。 |
[56:00] | You know, and I could never convince my mother to get one for me. | 你知道,我总也说服不了 我妈妈去给我弄头大象来。 |
[56:03] | – I would have got you an elephant. – Yeah, but where were you? | – 你不早说,否则我就给你弄一头来了。 – 是吗,可你去哪儿弄呢? |
[56:07] | – Hey, look who it is. – Hey, hi. | – 嘿,瞧那是谁? – 嘿,嗨。 |
[56:09] | – Hi, you guys. – Hi, Sandy. | – 嗨,你们好。 – 嗨,山迪。 |
[56:11] | – Hey, there’s the kids. – This is Isobel. And this is Daisy and Jack. | – 嘿,瞧这俩孩子。 – 这是伊泽贝尔,这是黛西和杰克。 |
[56:15] | We were just at the train station. Her kids just came in. | 我们刚去火车站,她的孩子才过来。 |
[56:19] | – Great-looking kids. – Yeah. They’re wonderful. | – 好漂亮的孩子。 – 是啊,他们很棒。 |
[56:21] | We’re gonna get them some ice cream. | 我们给他们买点冰淇淋。 |
[56:23] | What have you guys been doing? | 你们俩在干嘛? |
[56:26] | – We were walking around town. – Yeah, it’s dead, isn’t it? | – 我们去镇上转了转。 – 是吗,死气沉沉的,对吗? |
[56:28] | Did you know The Bicycle Thief is playing in town? | 你知道镇上在放《偷自行车的人》吗? |
[56:30] | – Really? That would be a great… – I’ve never seen it. | – 真的吗?那太好了…… – 我还从没看过。 |
[56:33] | – You’ve never seen The Bicycle Thief? – It’s a movie I’ve seen five times. | – 你没看过《偷自行车的人》? – 这是我看过五遍的电影。 |
[56:36] | Oh, we should see it. Do you wanna see The Bicycle Thief? | 噢,我们应该去看看。 你们想看《偷自行车的人》吗? |
[56:38] | No, no thanks. I have to get the children home. | 不,不,谢谢。我得送孩子们回家。 |
[56:40] | Oh, but she’s never seen it. | 噢,可是她还没看过。 |
[56:41] | Why don’t you guys go see The Bicycle Thief? | 你们两个去看《偷自行车的人》好了, |
[56:44] | I’ll go home and read my Agatha Christie. | 我要回家读我的阿加莎・克里斯蒂。 |
[56:46] | I would love to see it. I’ve seen it, but I would love to. | 我很愿意去看。我已经看过, 但是我很愿意去看。 |
[56:48] | I can take you back in the car if you don’t wanna go. | 你不去看的话, 我可以用我的车捎你回去。 |
[57:08] | It’s a great film. I mean, it’s great. | 这是一部伟大的电影, 我是说,它好极了。 |
[57:10] | But, you know… But you got to look at it in context. | 但是,你知道…你应该和 当时的环境结合起来看。 |
[57:12] | – I mean it’s about survival in postwar Italy. – I was looking at it in context. | – 我是说,这是战后的意大利,有关生存。 – 我是和当时的环境结合起来看的。 |
[57:15] | Right. But you can’t divorce it from its social roots. | 没错,但是你不能将它 脱离于它的社会根基。 |
[57:17] | But it’s much deeper than a social problem. | 可是它比社会问题要深刻得多。 |
[57:20] | I mean, you know, there’s so many wonderful ambiguities in it. | 我是说,你知道,那里面有那么多 奇妙的、不确定的含义。 |
[57:22] | – It’s much more profound. – Yeah, but the conflict is clear. Right? | – 它的含义非常深。 – 是的,可是矛盾冲突非常明显,不是吗? |
[57:25] | He’s got to have the bicycle or he’s gonna starve to death. | 他必须得到那辆自行车, 否则就会饿死。 |
[57:27] | Yes. Of course. But forget about a social problem for a minute. | 是的,当然。但是请先忘掉社会问题一会儿。 |
[57:31] | – Yeah. – I mean, you know, obviously… | – 好的。 – 我是说,你知道,很显然…… |
[57:33] | What is this place? | 这是什么地方? |
[57:34] | Obviously if you don’t have enough to eat or something, | 很显然,要是你没有足够多的食物等等, |
[57:37] | that becomes a major problem. | 那么这会成为主要的问题。 |
[57:38] | I mean, the issues become very clear-cut. | 我是说,问题变会得非常尖锐。 |
[57:40] | But what happens if you’re living in a more, you know, affluent society | 但是如果你生活在一个更加富足的社会, 你知道,那会怎么样? |
[57:43] | and you’re lucky enough to not have to worry about that? | 你够幸运不必去担心这些, 那会怎么样? |
[57:46] | – Let’s say you’re surviving. – Yeah. All right. | – 就说你能够活下去吧。 – 是的,好。 |
[57:47] | So then your problems become how can I fall in love, | 这时你的问题就会变为 我怎样才能相爱? |
[57:51] | or why can’t I fall in love, more accurately, | 或者更准确地说,为什么我不会相爱? |
[57:53] | and why do I age and die, | 为什么我会变老和死亡? |
[57:56] | and what meaning can my life possibly have? | 我生活的意义会在何方? |
[57:58] | You know, the issues become very complex for you. | 你知道,对你来说问题就会变得异常复杂。 |
[58:02] | You know, for a guy who makes a lot of funny movies, | 你知道,就一个拍了那么多 喜剧电影的人而言, |
[58:04] | you’re kind of a depressive, you know. | 你真的有一点压抑,你知道。 |
[58:06] | I’m not a depressive. | 我不压抑。 |
[58:07] | – I have a good time. I have laughs. Yeah. – Yeah? | – 我也有快乐的时光,我也大笑,是的。 – 是吗? |
[58:09] | – Do you? – Why? Do you not think so? | – 真的吗? – 怎么?你不这样认为吗? |
[58:11] | Oh, I don’t know. Like what do you do, for example, for laughs? | 噢,我不知道。举个例子, 干什么样的事会让你大笑呢? |
[58:14] | What do I do? The usual, you know. Read, walk, communicate, all that stuff. | 干什么样的事?通常的事,你知道, 读书、散步、交谈,诸如此类。 |
[58:18] | Get undressed and perform the Heimlich maneuver on a loved one. | 脱光衣服给心爱的人做“海姆利克疗法 【以拳急压上腹部,急救呼吸道被食物卡住的人】”。 |
[58:23] | You know, I was having a good time this afternoon. | 你知道,今天下午我就过得很愉快。 |
[58:25] | Why, has this been dreary for you? Have I been boring? | 怎么,这对你来说很无聊吗? 我让你厌烦了吗? |
[58:27] | – No. No. – Tell me the truth. | – 不,不。 – 跟我说实话。 |
[58:29] | No, I’ve been having a really good time. Really. | 不,我也过得非常愉快,真的。 |
[58:32] | Sandy? | 山迪? |
[58:38] | Charlotte. Charlotte Ames. | 我是夏洛特,夏洛特・艾姆斯, |
[58:41] | Your mother. | 你妈妈。 |
[58:44] | How you doing? I just knew that was you back there. | 你怎么样?我刚得知是你回来了。 |
[58:49] | – You don’t recognize me, right? – Sure I do. | – 噢,你认不出我了,对吗? – 我当然认得出。 |
[58:52] | It’s okay. I had some face work done. | 没事的,我脸部整了下容。 |
[58:57] | You look astounding. | 你太让人惊讶了。 |
[58:59] | Would you believe it? | 你能相信吗? |
[59:00] | Would you believe I played your mother in a movie? | 你能相信我在个片中演过你母亲吗? |
[59:03] | – I’m amazed. – Thank you. | – 我太吃惊了。 – 谢谢。 |
[59:06] | What a funny coincidence. | 真是太巧了啊。 |
[59:08] | I had my face done. I had my breasts done. I had my ass done. | 我整过脸部,我整过胸部,我整过臀部。 |
[59:11] | I got some procaine and silicone, some nipping and tucking. | 我打过普鲁卡因【局部麻醉药】和硅脂, 这儿掐掉一点,那儿掖进一点。 |
[59:13] | That’s more work than they do on the West Side Highway. | 这比他们对“【曼哈顿】西区公路”整得还要多。 |
[59:16] | – Well… – But why? I don’t understand you. | – 是啊…… – 可是为什么?我不明白你。 |
[59:18] | You were always a wonderful-looking… | 你一直很光彩照人…… |
[59:21] | You know. I’m an actress. You got to keep young. | 你知道,我是个演员,我必须保持年轻。 |
[59:25] | – Otherwise the public loses interest. – You always looked great to me. | – 否则的话,公众就会失去兴趣。 – 可你在我看来一直很棒, |
[59:28] | – Let me tell you. – Wow. That’s sweet. | – 我这么跟你说。 – 哇,嘴真甜。 |
[59:30] | Listen, tell me, what the hell are you doing up here? | 听着,告诉我,你到这里来究竟是干嘛? |
[59:32] | I was just driving through. We were at the movies. | 我正好开车路过,我们刚看完电影。 |
[59:35] | I’m still stunned to see you, I must say. | 我仍然很吃惊在这儿见到你,我告诉你。 |
[59:38] | You got to tell me whatever happened to what’s-her-name? That actress. Dorrie. | 你必须告诉我那个叫什么名字来着, 她怎么样了?那个女演员,多丽。 |
[59:43] | Dorrie? Dorrie’s okay. | 多丽?多丽不错。 |
[59:45] | Dorrie’s living in Hawaii, and she’s married, and she’s fine. | 多丽现在住在夏威夷, 她结婚了,她很好。 |
[59:49] | – I liked her. She was special. – She was great. | – 我喜欢她,她很特别。 – 她很棒。 |
[59:52] | I mean, I really dug her. | 我是说,我真的很喜欢她。 |
[59:56] | I can’t play this. I don’t have that kind of flair. | 我演不了这个,我没有那样的本事。 |
[59:58] | Will you stop it? You’re fine. You just refuse to trust yourself. | 你能不能先别这么想?你行的, 只是你拒绝相信你自己。 |
[1:00:01] | I’m no good. I don’t know what you see in me. | 我一点也没用, 我不知道你看上我哪一点了。 |
[1:00:03] | Will you relax? You’re a bundle of nerves. You’re great. | 你能不能先放松一下?你太紧张了。 你很棒的。 |
[1:00:06] | I should be playing Cynthia’s role, she should be playing mine. | 我应该演辛西娅演的那个角色, 她应该来演我的这个角色。 |
[1:00:08] | She’s much funnier and a lot more beautiful. | 她比我有趣得多,也漂亮得多。 |
[1:00:10] | She’s fine, but you’re great, too. | 她是不错,但是你也很棒的。 |
[1:00:12] | The crew laughs at her. They can’t take their eyes off her. | 剧组的人都被她逗得大笑, 他们的目光都被她吸引住了。 |
[1:00:14] | – Oh, stop it. What are you taking? – My diet pill. | – 噢,别这么说。你吃什么了啊? – 减肥药。 |
[1:00:17] | – That’s speed. – I don’t wanna be fat. | – 那是兴奋药。 – 我不想那么胖。 |
[1:00:19] | Fat? How can you be fat? There’s no chance… | 胖?你哪里胖啦?你根本不可能…… |
[1:00:22] | I am. I’m overweight. You just refuse to see my bad points. | 我很胖,我超重了。 你只是不愿看到我不好的地方。 |
[1:00:25] | You’re killing yourself with those diets. | 你正在用那些药片杀死你自己。 |
[1:00:27] | First it’s no pills, then it’s all pills, then it was no steak, | 要么什么药都不吃,要么什么药都吃; 先是不吃牛排, |
[1:00:30] | and then it was six steaks a day and 12 glasses of water. | 接着一天吃六块牛排,再喝12杯水。 |
[1:00:33] | – I’m tired of feeling gross. – You’re not gross. | – 我讨厌臃肿的感觉。 – 我一点也不臃肿。 |
[1:00:35] | Obviously you’re gonna kill your appetite if you take speed, | 显然,如果你吃了兴奋药, 你的胃口就被破坏了。 |
[1:00:38] | but then you can’t sleep nights. | 然后在夜里,你会睡不着觉。 |
[1:00:39] | You got to take those terrible sleeping pills. | 你不得不吃那些可怕的安眠药。 |
[1:00:41] | And you mix that garbage with your antidepressants… | 你把那些垃圾的安眠药 和你的抗抑郁药混起来…… |
[1:00:43] | – The doctor said it was fine. – You never asked the doctor. | – 医生说那没关系。 – 你根本没问过医生。 |
[1:00:45] | Stop telling me. Is she fat? Is she fat? Talk to her. | 别跟我这么说。她胖吗? 她胖吗?来劝劝她, |
[1:00:49] | – Talk to her. I can’t believe… – Listen, Dorrie. Listen to me. | – 过来劝劝她。难以置信…… – 听着,多丽,你听我说, |
[1:00:52] | You are such a sweet, young and beautiful… | 你是个多么可爱、年轻、漂亮的…… |
[1:00:55] | Anything you do looks right. | 你怎么做都是对的。 |
[1:00:56] | Honestly, you’re at the age where you can’t do anything wrong. | 老实说,你现在这个年龄, 做什么事都不会错。 |
[1:00:59] | Hey, come on. | 嘿,高兴点。 |
[1:01:00] | If you had scar tissue, it would be beautiful. | 即使你有条疤痕,也会显得很美。 |
[1:01:02] | She refuses to believe anything. | 她拒绝相信任何事。 |
[1:01:04] | Listen, I’m the one with crow’s feet on her crow’s feet, huh? | 听着,我才是那个眼角上 皱纹叠着皱纹的人,嗯? |
[1:01:06] | You’re wonderful. The picture’s almost over. | 你很棒的。 这个片子快拍完了, |
[1:01:09] | Why don’t we go away for a while? We could drop out. | 之后我们为什么不离开一段时间呢? 我们可以暂时息影。 |
[1:01:11] | We can have a kid or something. Would you like to do that? | 我们可以生个孩子什么的, 你愿意这么做吗? |
[1:01:13] | You know I’d like that. | 你知道我愿意。 |
[1:01:14] | All right. So, of course, we’d have to fool around a little bit, | 那么好啊。当然,我们先要好好放松放松, |
[1:01:17] | but, you know, you could swing that if you put your mind to it. | 但是,你知道,如果你已经下决心了, 我们可以马上安排。 |
[1:01:20] | Oh, shit! Now my skin hurts. That’s a sure sign I’m getting depressed. | 噢,见鬼!现在我皮肤感到很疼, 这迹象很明确,我马上要抑郁了。 |
[1:01:26] | So do I really remind you of an old girlfriend? | 这么说我真的让你想起 你以前的女友了? |
[1:01:29] | That’s not bad for a little violinist from Winnetka, you know. | 这不错啊,对于一个从温奈特卡来的 不起眼的小提琴手来说,你知道。 |
[1:01:32] | Yeah, I got to give you my one classical music joke | 是啊,我要给你讲个我的 关于古典音乐的笑话, |
[1:01:35] | which I put in every single picture, and I invariably cut it out. | 我将它放在每一部片子里了, 可是最后我总是又把它剪掉了。 |
[1:01:40] | I don’t know much about classical music. | 我对古典音乐知之不多。 |
[1:01:42] | For years, I thought the Goldberg Variations | 好多年了,我一直以为 《哥德堡变奏(变花样)》【巴赫】… |
[1:01:44] | were something Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg tried on their wedding night. | 是哥德堡先生和太太 在新婚之夜玩的什么花样。 |
[1:01:47] | Yeah. You see why it goes out of the picture, right? | 是的,你看出来了这很不相干,是吗? |
[1:01:48] | – Great gag. – Yeah. | – 很搞笑。 – 是啊。 |
[1:01:50] | So, how do I remind you of Dorrie? | 那么,我怎么让你想起多丽来的? |
[1:01:52] | – How? – Yeah. | – 怎么让我想起? – 对。 |
[1:01:54] | Well, you guys are both, you know, sort of seductive and attractive. | 嗯,你们俩都有种, 你知道,诱惑力和吸引力。 |
[1:01:59] | Stop me if this gets nauseating. And, you know, beautiful. | 要是你觉得要吐了,就阻止我。 还有,你知道,都很美。 |
[1:02:02] | And there’s a… Not a tragic sense, I wouldn’t say, | 你们有种…不是悲剧意义上的,我要说, |
[1:02:05] | but there’s kind of, you know, a lost feeling. | 但是你们有种,你知道,迷惘的感觉。 |
[1:02:08] | – Really? – Little bit. Yeah. | – 真的吗? – 有一点,是的。 |
[1:02:09] | Yeah. A sort of… I don’t know you well enough to say that, | 对。一种…我对你还不足够了解 来这样说你, |
[1:02:13] | but, you know, I would guess it’s just kind of a lost quality. | 但是,你知道,我推测 那正是一种迷惘的特性。 |
[1:02:17] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[1:02:18] | Yeah. | 是的。 |
[1:02:20] | – Oh, Jesus. – What’s the matter? What’s going on? | – 噢,天哪! – 怎么啦?出什么事了? |
[1:02:23] | Yeah. The goddamn chauffeur never takes care of the car. | 是啊,该死的司机从没好好保养过这辆车。 |
[1:02:27] | Hang on. Oh, brother! I got to… Yeah. | 挺住,噢,哥们!我得…是啊。 |
[1:02:30] | Oh, Jesus. Really annoying. | 噢,天哪。真气人。 |
[1:02:40] | – No, I know. No. – This is absurd. | – 不,我知道。不。 – 这太荒谬了。 |
[1:02:42] | You know, it’s starting to get dark, there’s no people, there’s no… | 你看,天开始黑下来了, 我想附近也没有人,没有…… |
[1:02:45] | There’s, you know… | 没有,你知道…… |
[1:02:46] | Yeah, well, I’m sure we’re gonna find something very soon. | 是的,可是,我肯定我们 马上会找到什么东西的。 |
[1:02:49] | – I don’t know. – There’s got to be something around here. | – 我不知道。 – 这儿附近一定会有什么的。 |
[1:02:51] | They’re gonna find us wandering in the woods six months from now, | 人们会在六个月后发现, 我们在丛林里流浪, |
[1:02:54] | living on locusts and wild honey. | 靠吃蚱蜢和野花蜂蜜维持生命。 |
[1:02:57] | What the hell is that? | 那儿究竟是怎么回事? |
[1:03:03] | In the Earth’s trinity there are three signs, the Taurus, the Virgo, the Capricorn. | 在地球三一相里,有三个宫: 金牛宫、处女宫、和摩羯宫。 |
[1:03:08] | The Taurean’s are determined, the Virgos analytical, | 金牛宫的人坚决, 处女宫的人善思, |
[1:03:11] | and the Capricornean’s persevering. | 而摩羯宫的人坚韧。 |
[1:03:13] | We’re not discussing astrology. This is science. | 我们不是在讨论占星术,这是科学。 |
[1:03:15] | Oh, come on! Science has failed. | 噢,得了!科学没什么用。 |
[1:03:17] | How can you say it’s failed? | 你怎么能说科学没用? |
[1:03:18] | Yes, you’re just saying that because it hasn’t solved every problem. | 是啊,你这么说只是因为 科学没有解决所有的问题。 |
[1:03:20] | – Yeah, look at penicillin. – And look at space satellites. | – 可是,看看盘尼西林。 – 看看空间人造卫星。 |
[1:03:22] | Open-heart surgery, heart transplants. | 心脏打开手术,心脏移植。 |
[1:03:24] | My husband’s alive, six months now, using a different person’s heart. | 我丈夫还活着,现在有六个月了, 用了一颗别人的心脏。 |
[1:03:27] | It’s a Japanese heart, but he seems happy. | 那是一个日本人的心脏, 但是他看起来很快乐。 |
[1:03:30] | Can we get back to the subject of UFOs? | 我们能不能回到“不明飞行物”这个主题? |
[1:03:31] | I mean, that’s what this party’s for, anyway, isn’t it? | 我是说,这才是这次聚会的原因嘛,是吗? |
[1:03:34] | – Is it true that you’re a UFO freak? – No, no, no. Our car broke down. | – 你们也是飞碟爱好者吗? – 不,不,不,我们的车抛锚了。 |
[1:03:37] | – I really admire your work, sir. – Well, thanks very much. | – 我真的很赞赏你的片子,先生。 – 哦,非常感谢。 |
[1:03:39] | – You have such a degenerate mind. – Oh, thank you. | – 你的思想非常堕落。 – 噢,谢谢。 |
[1:03:41] | Listen, they’re in all different sizes and they’re in all different shapes. | 听着,它们大大小小,形状各异。 |
[1:03:44] | – You mean you actually see them? – Every night. | – 你是说你确实看到过它们。 – 每天晚上。 |
[1:03:46] | Is this your girlfriend? | 这是你女朋友吗? |
[1:03:48] | – She’s just a friend. – Are you both into Martians? | – 她只是个朋友。 – 你们两个相信有火星人吗? |
[1:03:50] | I know you don’t like to do this, but can I kiss you? | 我知道你未必喜欢这样, 但是我能吻你一下吗? |
[1:03:53] | Hey, you know, you should make a film about flying saucers. | 嘿,你知道,你应该拍一部 和飞碟有关的电影。 |
[1:03:56] | Yeah, you only make films about people with personality disorders. | 是的,你只拍那些有着 病态人格的人的电影。 |
[1:03:58] | – Sandy. – Yeah. | – 山迪。 – 嗯。 |
[1:03:59] | I can prove that if there’s life anywhere else in the universe, | 我可以证明如果宇宙中的 任何其他地方有生命的话, |
[1:04:02] | they will have a Marxist economy. | 那么他们一定实行的是马克思主义经济。 |
[1:04:04] | – Mr. Bates? Excuse me. – Yes. Yes. | – 贝茨先生?对不起。 – 是的,我是。 |
[1:04:05] | I’m an occult nutritionist. I was wondering… | 我是个超自然营养学家,我在考虑…… |
[1:04:08] | Mr. Bates? Excuse me. What have you got against intellectuals? | 贝茨先生?对不起, 你为什么要和知识分子作对呢? |
[1:04:11] | – Intellectuals? Nothing. Why? – Mr. Bates, I’ve seen all your films. | – 知识分子?我没作对,为什么这么说? – 贝茨先生,我可是看过你所有的电影的。 |
[1:04:14] | – You really feel threatened by them. – Threatened? You’re kidding. | – 你切实体会到了他们的威胁。 – 威胁?你开玩笑。 |
[1:04:17] | I’ve always said they’re like the Mafia. They only kill their own. | 我一直在说他们就像是黑手党, 自己人干掉自己人。 |
[1:04:20] | That’s exactly the attitude I was talking about. | 我要说的正是你的这种姿态。 |
[1:04:22] | You believe in magic. I know, I’ve read all your interviews. | 你相信魔法,我知道的, 我读过你所有的访谈。 |
[1:04:25] | No, no, I do… I used to do magic tricks when I was a kid, but no more. | 不,不,我是…我过去是变过戏法, 在我还是个孩子的时候,但是仅此而已。 |
[1:04:29] | So what are you guys here for? To see flying saucers land? | 那么你们这些人在这儿干嘛呢? 想看飞碟着陆? |
[1:04:32] | Is that gonna happen tonight? | 那会是在今夜吗? |
[1:04:33] | When they arrive, it’s gonna be the dawn of a whole new civilization. | 当他们来临时,那会是 一个全新文明的破晓。 |
[1:04:35] | Space creatures conspiring with the Soviet government | 太空生物和苏联政府阴谋勾结, |
[1:04:38] | already control our thoughts by sending out electrical currents | 通过从“帝国大厦”顶部发射电流, |
[1:04:42] | from the top of the Empire State Building, and I’m the only one that knows. | 已经控制了我们的思想, 我是唯一一个了解内情的人。 |
[1:04:45] | If you’re alienated, can you still have children? | 如果你已经被异形化了, 你还能有孩子吗? |
[1:04:48] | Sure. Alienation only affects the mind. | 噢,当然,异形化只会影响到精神, |
[1:04:50] | It has nothing to do with the rest of your body. | 而与你身体内的其他部分毫无关系。 |
[1:04:53] | Sandy! Sandy, you know, this is exactly like one of your satires. | 山迪!山迪,你知道, 这正好象你的一个讽刺剧, |
[1:04:57] | It’s like we’re all characters in some film | 好像我们都成了某个影片中的角色, |
[1:04:59] | being watched in God’s private screening room. | 而上帝正在他的私人放映室内看着这部电影。 |
[1:05:03] | – So, I thought I saw a UFO once. – Really? | – 我想我也见到过飞碟一次。 – 真的吗? |
[1:05:06] | Yeah. But I had taken a lot of mescaline at the time, so I don’t know. | 是的。但是那时我正好服了很多 酶斯卡灵【致幻剂】,所以我也不知道。 |
[1:05:09] | Well, that will do it to you. | 嗯,那会使你产生幻觉。 |
[1:05:10] | Yeah, I was down in Mexico. I was with my English professor. | 是的,那时我正在墨西哥, 和我的英文教授在一起。 |
[1:05:12] | We were having an affair, he was married. | 我们堕入了情网,可他结过婚。 |
[1:05:14] | – It was a really terrible situation. – You thought you saw a UFO? | – 那样的情况真的糟透了。 – 你认为你见到了飞碟? |
[1:05:17] | Yeah, we both… We really thought we did. | 是的,我们俩都…我们真的认为我们见到过。 |
[1:05:19] | Well, that’s a delusion. | 得了,那是幻觉。 |
[1:05:21] | I didn’t know you did magic tricks. | 我不知道你玩过魔术。 |
[1:05:25] | Yeah, when I was a kid. I always practiced to be popular. | 是的,在我小时候。 为了讨大家喜欢,我一直在练习。 |
[1:05:28] | So, I used to… | 所以,我过去…… |
[1:05:29] | – I’m getting drunk. – So can you show me one? | – 我有点醉了。 – 那么你能给我表演一个吗? |
[1:05:31] | – You wanna see one? – Sure. | – 你想看一个? – 当然。 |
[1:06:00] | Our son’s a genius. | 我们的儿子是个天才。 |
[1:06:01] | He doesn’t take after you, that’s for damn sure. | 他肯定不是从你那儿遗传的, 这点毫无疑问。 |
[1:06:03] | Well, he surely doesn’t take after your side of the family. | 那他也肯定不是 从你们家族那边遗传的。 |
[1:06:04] | – Go to hell! – Shut up! | – 见你的鬼! – 闭嘴! |
[1:06:06] | If he’s such a genius, how come he can’t make funny movies? | 如果他真是这样的天才, 为何他拍不出好玩的电影? |
[1:06:09] | Sandy, we’ll sue them if they touch one frame of your film. | 山迪,要是他们敢动你电影的 一个镜头,我们就告他们。 |
[1:06:12] | I promise you, you won’t win. | 我跟你说吧,你告不赢。 |
[1:06:14] | By the way, Sandy, we got killed by the IRS. | 噢对了,山迪,我们被“国税局”盯上了, |
[1:06:16] | They started looking at the back taxes. | 他们开始查退缴税了。 |
[1:06:18] | Sandy, you’re my brother. | 山迪,你是我哥哥, |
[1:06:19] | You got to help me change my life. I’m a mess. | 你一定要帮我改变我的生活,我现在一团糟。 |
[1:06:21] | And Sandy, don’t forget lunch with the editors of those high school newspapers. | 山迪,别忘了和那些 高中校报的记者们一起吃中饭。 |
[1:06:24] | And what about the Cancer Foundation, and the leukemia victims, | 那“抗癌基金会”和白血病患者怎么办? |
[1:06:27] | and the political prisoners all over the world? | 全世界各地的政治犯怎么办? |
[1:06:29] | What about the Jews, the persecution in Europe, in Russia… | 那些在欧洲、在俄国 受到排挤的犹太人怎么办? |
[1:06:33] | All those silly magic tricks you do couldn’t help your friend Nat Bernstein. | 你变的那些可笑的戏法 帮不了你的朋友纳特・伯恩斯坦。 |
[1:06:37] | And what about Dorrie? You know what that was like. | 多丽怎么办? 你知道她会怎样。 |
[1:06:39] | Do you remember the last time you saw her? | 你还记得最后一次见到她的情形吗? |
[1:06:47] | There’s a doctor here that thinks I’m beautiful and interesting. | 这里有个医生,认为我很漂亮也很有趣。 |
[1:06:53] | There’s a doctor here that thinks I’m beautiful and interesting. | 这里有个医生,认为我很漂亮也很有趣。 |
[1:06:59] | Are you seeing anyone? | 你没有见别的女孩吗? |
[1:07:05] | You look thin. | 你看上去很瘦。 |
[1:07:08] | There’s a doctor here that’s crazy about me. | 这里有个医生迷上我了。 |
[1:07:11] | Are you seeing any… There’s… People’s … | 你没有见别的…这里有…人们…… |
[1:07:16] | …be too close. | …太亲密了。 |
[1:07:17] | I used to swim a lot. I can’t feel anything. Yeah, me too. | 我以前经常游泳。我什么都感觉不到。 是的,我也是。 |
[1:07:21] | I can’t concentrate. There’s no point. Too much. Some fresh air. | 我集中不了注意力。没有意义。 太过分。一点新鲜空气。 |
[1:07:24] | I feel better. | 我感觉好点了。 |
[1:07:34] | You were always searching for the perfect woman. | 你以前总是在寻觅完美的女人。 |
[1:07:37] | You wound up falling in love with me. | 你最后和我堕入情网。 |
[1:07:40] | I can’t be alone. | 我受不了孤独。 |
[1:07:45] | But I can’t be too close. | 可我也受不了太亲密。 |
[1:07:49] | It’s not you, I just can’t feel anything. | 不是因为你,只是我感觉不到任何东西了。 |
[1:07:56] | Are you going with anyone? | 你没有约别的女孩吗? |
[1:08:00] | Are you seeing anyone? | 你没有见别的女孩吗? |
[1:08:03] | Are you in love with anyone? | 你没有爱上别的人吗? |
[1:08:14] | How do I look? | 我看上去怎么样? |
[1:08:31] | Wait a minute. Don’t go. I’ve got some questions. | 等一等,先别走, 我想问几个问题。 |
[1:08:34] | We can’t breathe your air. | 我们呼吸不了你们的空气。 |
[1:08:37] | Yeah, at the rate we’re going, we’re not gonna be able to, either. | 是啊,以我们消耗的速度, 我们也快呼吸不了空气了。 |
[1:08:40] | You guys got to tell me, why is there so much human suffering? | 你们一定要告诉我, 为什么人类有如此多的苦难? |
[1:08:43] | This is unanswerable. | 这是个没有答案的问题。 |
[1:08:45] | – Is there a God? – These are the wrong questions. | – 上帝存在吗? – 这些是不正当的问题。 |
[1:08:49] | Look, here’s my point. If nothing lasts, why am I bothering to make films, | 听着,我想说的是,如果没有什么东西 是永恒的,我为什么还要去拍那些电影, |
[1:08:53] | or do anything, for that matter? | 或做任何其他的事情? |
[1:08:55] | We enjoy your films. Particularly the early, funny ones. | 我们欣赏你的电影, 特别是早期的那些喜剧片。 |
[1:08:59] | But the human condition is so discouraging. | 可是人类的现状太令人沮丧了。 |
[1:09:01] | – There are some nice moments, too. – Yeah, with Dorrie. | – 但是也存在那些很美好的时刻。 – 是的,和多丽在一起的时候。 |
[1:09:04] | – That’s right. And Isobel. Be honest. – You prefer Isobel? | – 没错,还有伊泽贝尔,说老实话。 – 你更喜欢伊泽贝尔? |
[1:09:08] | There’s no comparison. She’s a mature woman. | 没什么好比的,她是个成熟的女人。 |
[1:09:10] | Mature woman? What are you, my rabbi? | 成熟的女人?你什么人啊,我的拉比? |
[1:09:13] | Hey, look, I’m a super intelligent being. By Earth standards, I have an IQ of 1600, | 嘿,听好了,我是个具有超级智慧的人, 按照地球的标准,我的智商有1600, |
[1:09:17] | and I can’t even understand what you expected | 可是连我,都理解不了你希望从你和… |
[1:09:19] | from that relationship with Dorrie. | 多丽的关系中得到什么。 |
[1:09:21] | – I loved her. – Yeah, I know. | – 我爱她。 – 是的,我知道。 |
[1:09:23] | And two days a month she was the most exciting woman in the world. | 一个月当中只有两天, 她是这个世界上最令人激动的女人, |
[1:09:26] | But the rest of the time she was a basket case. | 而其他的时候她就是个废人。 |
[1:09:28] | On the other hand, Isobel is someone that you can count on. | 另一方面,伊泽贝尔 却是个你可以依靠的人。 |
[1:09:31] | But shouldn’t I stop making movies and do something that counts, | 我应该停止拍电影吗? 去做一些有意义的事情, |
[1:09:34] | like helping blind people, or becoming a missionary or something? | 比如说帮助盲人, 或成为一个传教士之类的人? |
[1:09:38] | Let me tell you, you’re not the missionary type. | 我来告诉你吧,你不是做传教士的料, |
[1:09:40] | You’d never last. | 你坚持不了多久。 |
[1:09:41] | And incidentally, you’re also not Superman. You’re a comedian. | 顺便说一下,你也不是超人。 你是个喜剧演员。 |
[1:09:44] | You wanna do mankind a real service? Tell funnier jokes. | 你想真正服务于人类吗? 那就说更有趣的笑话吧。 |
[1:09:48] | Yeah, but I’ve got to find meaning. | 好的,但是我得找到这一切的意义啊。 |
[1:11:09] | Wouldn’t you know it, that there would be hot air balloons? | 你不知道吗,会有热气球出现? |
[1:11:12] | – You didn’t really expect saucers, did you? – I did, yeah. I was hoping… | – 你不会真的指望会出现飞碟吧,是吗? – 不,我真的希望…… |
[1:11:15] | I had some very, very profound questions that I wanted to ask. | 我有几个非常非常深刻的问题想问一下。 |
[1:11:21] | You know, you look incredibly beautiful to me. | 你知道,在我看来,你美得惊人。 |
[1:11:25] | Well, thanks. | 唔,谢谢。 |
[1:11:27] | We should go back to the hotel, don’t you think? | 我们应该回旅馆去了,你说呢? |
[1:11:29] | – No, I don’t want to. – Come on. | – 不,我不想回去。 – 别这样。 |
[1:11:31] | – We’ve been away for hours. – No, no. | – 我们已经在外面很长时间了, – 不,不。 |
[1:11:32] | – They’re gonna be worried about us. – I never wanna go back to the hotel. | – 大家会担心我们的。 – 我再也不想回旅馆了。 |
[1:11:35] | Never. I wanna… | 再也不想!我想…… |
[1:11:36] | What I wanna do is run away with you. | 我想做的,就是和你一起逃走。 |
[1:11:38] | I’m serious. I wanna get in the car and just give up everything. | 我是认真的。我想钻进一辆车里, 就此抛开一切。 |
[1:11:40] | – You’re just a little drunk. – No, no, no. | – 你只是有点醉了。 – 不,不,不。 |
[1:11:42] | I just wanna give up everything, and just… We’ll move in together. | 我只是想抛开一切,就此… 我们可以搬来一起生活。 |
[1:11:44] | I would be no fun to live with. | 和我一起生活没什么乐趣。 |
[1:11:46] | You would be nothing but fun. You’d be great. | 你会成为我所有的乐趣,你会很棒的。 |
[1:11:49] | I would be very bad trouble, believe me. You don’t know me. | 我会成为大麻烦的,相信我。 你不了解我。 |
[1:11:53] | – Why? What are your problems? – I just… Men. | – 为什么啊?你有什么问题啊? – 我只是…男人。 |
[1:11:56] | – I have terrible trouble with men. – Why? Why? | – 我和男人之间有可怕的麻烦。 – 为什么?为什么? |
[1:11:59] | It’s just that whenever a man gets close I get crazy. | 每当一个男人和我亲近,我就会抓狂。 |
[1:12:02] | – Well, you go with Jack. – That’s something else. | – 可是,你和杰克在一起。 – 这不是一回事。 |
[1:12:05] | He’s very sweet, and he really cares about me. | 他很温柔,他也真的很关心我, |
[1:12:07] | And it’s solid, you know. I need that. | 很融洽的感觉,你知道。 我需要这样的关系。 |
[1:12:11] | As soon as I saw you in the lobby, | 在大厅里第一次见到你, |
[1:12:12] | I thought that you would be absolutely fun for me. | 我就想你绝对会给我带来很多乐趣的。 |
[1:12:15] | You have an incredible sixth sense | 你的第六感真不可思议, |
[1:12:17] | to pick me out of the whole crowd of people. | 在那么一大群人中选中了我。 |
[1:12:19] | – I’m nothing but trouble. – Nothing but… I can handle it. | – 我只会带来麻烦。 – 只会带来…我可以对付。 |
[1:12:25] | There they are! What is going on here, Sandy? | 他们在那儿!怎么回事,山迪? |
[1:12:28] | – You know, we sent the police? – This is disgraceful. | – 你知道,我们报警了。 – 简直太气人了! |
[1:12:30] | I thought something terrible had happened. | 我以为发生了什么可怕的事了呢。 |
[1:12:32] | – No. The car broke down. – Out here carousing. I don’t believe this. | – 没有,汽车抛锚了。 – 你在这儿狂欢畅饮,简直不敢相信! |
[1:12:35] | What does everybody want from me? Leave me alone. | 你们都想在我这儿得到什么啊? 别来烦我了。 |
[1:12:38] | I don’t wanna go back. I’m tired of everything. | 我不想回去,我厌倦了一切。 |
[1:12:41] | I’m tired of my lawyer and my accountant, and I can’t help anybody. | 我厌倦了我的律师和我的会计师, 我受不了所有的人。 |
[1:12:45] | I can’t help the Cancer Society, | 我受不了“抗癌协会”, |
[1:12:47] | and I can’t help the blind people and the kidney victims. | 我受不了盲人组织和肾患组织。 |
[1:12:51] | I can’t help my sister, and I don’t wanna get married, Isobel. | 我受不了我的妹妹, 我也不想结婚,和伊泽贝尔。 |
[1:12:54] | It’s the last thing I need now is a family and a commitment and a… | 现在我最不需要的东西 就是家庭和义务,还有…… |
[1:12:58] | – Isobel! – Sandy? | – 伊泽贝尔! – 山迪? |
[1:12:59] | – Isobel. – You know you’re my hero. | – 伊泽贝尔。 – 你知道你是我的英雄。 |
[1:13:20] | Oh, my God! He’s dead! | 噢,上帝啊!他死了! |
[1:13:26] | It’s a shame. Poor fool, he’s dead, | 太可惜了!可怜的傻瓜,他死了, |
[1:13:28] | and he never really found out the meaning of life. | 他从没有真正发现过生命的意义。 |
[1:13:36] | I treated him. He was a complicated patient. | 我治疗过他,他是个复杂的病人。 |
[1:13:41] | He saw reality too clearly. Faulty denial mechanism. | 他将现实看得太清楚, 没有用好拒绝机制, |
[1:13:46] | Failed to block out the terrible truths of existence. | 忘了屏蔽掉那些生存的可怕的真相。 |
[1:13:51] | In the end, his inability to push away the awful facts of being in the world | 到头来,他再也无法抵挡 现实世界的可怕事实, |
[1:13:57] | rendered his life meaningless. | 这使他觉得生命毫无意义。 |
[1:13:59] | Or as one great Hollywood producer said, | 或者像某位好莱坞大制片人说的那样: |
[1:14:02] | ‘Too much reality is not what the people want.’ | “太多的现实并不是人们所需要的。” |
[1:14:06] | Sandy Bates suffered a depression common to many artists in middle age. | 山迪・贝茨深受抑郁的折磨, 这在中年艺术家中非常普遍。 |
[1:14:13] | In my latest paper for the psychoanalytic journal, | 在我最新的为精神分析杂志写的论文中, |
[1:14:16] | I have named it ‘Ozymandias Melancholia.’ | 我将它称之为“奥兹曼迪亚斯忧郁症”。 【古埃及法老,即拉美西斯大帝】 |
[1:14:21] | Thank you. Thank you very much. Thank you. | 谢谢,非常感谢,谢谢。 |
[1:14:26] | Well, Sandy Bates works will live on after him. | 唔,山迪・贝茨的作品 在他身后将会继续活着。 |
[1:14:30] | Yeah, but what good is it if I can’t pinch any women or hear any music? | 是啊,可是我再也不能弄到女人、 再也不能听到音乐,还有什么意义? |
[1:14:34] | And, now, in this classic scene from his Academy Award winning motion picture… | 现在放的是他的学院奖 获奖影片中的经典片断, |
[1:14:38] | I would trade that Oscar for one more second of life. | 我宁愿拿那个奥斯卡 换我多活一秒钟的生命。 |
[1:14:40] | …he deals with the subject of immortality, a subject that plagued him. | 他涉及的主题是不朽, 一个一直折磨他的主题。 |
[1:14:45] | In this film, he played the part of God. | 在这部影片中,他扮演了上帝的角色。 |
[1:14:47] | This was not easy, folks, because, you know, | 这可不简单,各位,因为,你知道, |
[1:14:49] | I didn’t know what the hell I was doing, and I don’t have a good voice for God. | 我也不知道我这究竟是在干嘛, 还有我的声音听起来也不像上帝。 |
[1:14:52] | He received an Academy Award nomination | 他本人也得到了学院奖的提名, |
[1:14:54] | for his convincing portrayal of God, | 原因是他令人信服地刻画了上帝, |
[1:14:57] | although they had to use another actor’s voice. | 尽管他们不得不用其他演员的声音。 |
[1:15:00] | And though this plaque is not an Academy Award, | 尽管这块奖匾不是来自于学院奖, |
[1:15:04] | and its presentation is posthumous, | 而且是在他死后颁赠的, |
[1:15:07] | I want to present it to that great comedian, the late Sandy Bates. | 但是我想将它授予这位伟大的 喜剧演员,已故的山迪・贝茨。 |
[1:15:11] | Here you go, Sandy. | 请收下,山迪。 |
[1:15:13] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢。 |
[1:15:15] | Thank you. Thank you so much. | 谢谢,非常感谢。 |
[1:15:16] | I’m very honored to get this, you can imagine. I… | 我非常荣幸获得这个, 你们可以想象。我…… |
[1:15:19] | You know, some time ago I had a love affair that ended sort of unhappily, | 你知道,不久以前,我有过一段感情, 结束得不怎么美好, |
[1:15:24] | and just a little while back, just before I died, in fact, | 就在刚才不久,实际上就在我死之前, |
[1:15:29] | I was on the operating table, | 我躺在手术台上, |
[1:15:30] | and I was searching to try and find something to hang on to, you know. | 我努力搜寻着,试图找到某些可以 紧紧把握的东西,你知道。 |
[1:15:35] | Cause when you’re dying, | 因为你就要死了, |
[1:15:37] | your life suddenly really does become very authentic. | 你的生命突然之间变得如此真实。 |
[1:15:39] | And I was reaching for something to give my life meaning, | 我想把握住某些 能赋予我生命意义的东西, |
[1:15:43] | and a memory flashed through my mind. | 记忆在我头脑里闪过。 |
[1:15:51] | It was one of those great spring days, a Sunday, | 那是一个美好的春日,一个星期天, |
[1:15:55] | and you knew summer would be coming soon. | 你知道夏天即将来临。 |
[1:15:58] | And I remember that morning Dorrie and I had gone for a walk in the park. | 我记得那天早晨,多丽和我出去, 在公园里散了一会儿步。 |
[1:16:02] | We came back to the apartment. We were just sort of sitting around. | 我们回到房间里, 我们好像就坐在那里。 |
[1:16:06] | And I put on a record of Louis Armstrong, which was music that I grew up loving. | 我放了一张路易・阿姆斯特朗的唱片, 那是我从小到大一直喜欢的音乐。 |
[1:16:10] | It was very, very pretty, and I happened to glance over, | 音乐非常非常优美, 我无意中朝那边看了一眼, |
[1:16:14] | and I saw Dorrie sitting there. | 我看见多丽趴在那儿。 |
[1:16:17] | And I remember thinking to myself how terrific she was | 我记得我对自己说:她多么美啊, |
[1:16:21] | and how much I loved her. | 我是多么地爱她。 |
[1:16:23] | And I don’t know. I guess it was the combination of everything, | 我不知道,我想那是由于综合了一切: |
[1:16:25] | the sound of that music, and the breeze, and how beautiful Dorrie looked to me. | 那音乐的旋律、那微风、 多丽在我看来是那么美。 |
[1:16:32] | And for one brief moment, everything just seemed to come together perfectly, | 在那短暂的片刻, 一切都显得尽善尽美, |
[1:16:36] | and I felt happy. | 我感受到了幸福, |
[1:16:38] | Almost indestructible, in a way. | 可以说是以一种无法抗拒的方式。 |
[1:16:41] | And it’s funny, that simple little moment of contact | 真有意思,那简单而瞬间的对视, |
[1:16:44] | moved me in a very, very profound way. | 打动了我,深深地、深深地打动了我。 |
[1:16:49] | Sometimes, I wonder why I spend the lonely night | 有时,我会奇怪 为何我独守空夜 |
[1:16:54] | Oh baby, oh I know | 噢,宝贝,噢,我知道 |
[1:16:57] | Dreaming of a song melody in my memory | 在我的记忆里梦见歌声的旋律 |
[1:17:02] | And I am once again with you | 我和你重又在一起 |
[1:17:05] | When our love was new, oh baby | 当初我们的爱情如新,噢,宝贝 |
[1:17:08] | Each kiss an inspiration | 每一个吻都是一个感召 |
[1:17:12] | That was long ago, now my consolation | 那已经是很久以前,现在我的安慰 |
[1:17:17] | Is in the stardust of a song | 已深埋于歌声的星尘中 |
[1:17:20] | Beside a garden wall | 在花园的墙边 |
[1:17:23] | When stars are bright you were in my arms | 伴随着璀璨的星空 你在我怀中 |
[1:17:28] | The nightingale tells his fairy tale | 夜莺倾诉着童话 |
[1:17:32] | Of paradise where roses grow | 天堂里玫瑰绽放 |
[1:17:35] | Though I dream in vain, oh baby | 尽管我徒做空梦,噢,宝贝 |
[1:17:38] | In my heart it will remain | 在我心中将永存 |
[1:17:43] | My stardust melody | 我的星尘旋律 |
[1:17:45] | The memory of loves refrain | 重复爱的记忆 |
[1:17:48] | The memory of loves refrain | 重复爱的记忆 |
[1:17:53] | Cop-out artist! | 敷衍了事的艺术家! |
[1:17:55] | That was so beautiful. | 那简直太美了。 |
[1:17:58] | Why do all comedians turn out to be sentimental bores? | 为什么所有的喜剧演员 都落得矫情而厌烦? |
[1:18:02] | He’s all right. He just fainted. | 他没事的,他只是晕过去了。 |
[1:18:04] | – I’m sure it’s just nervous tension. – Dorrie. | – 我可以肯定,是因为太紧张的缘故。 – 多丽。 |
[1:18:06] | He had some hallucination about being shot with a .32 pistol by a fan. | 他产生了某种幻觉,感觉被一个 影迷用一把点32的手枪击中了。 |
[1:18:10] | Dorrie. | 多丽。 |
[1:18:14] | Isobel. Isobel! | 伊泽贝尔!伊泽贝尔! |
[1:18:18] | – Come here. I wanna talk to you. – I don’t want to talk to you. | – 过来,我想和你谈谈。 – 我不想和你谈。 |
[1:18:20] | Isobel, don’t be silly… | 伊泽贝尔,别傻了…… |
[1:18:21] | I came to invite you to my brother’s restaurant. | 我来是想邀请你去我兄弟家的餐馆。 |
[1:18:23] | My brother Ozzy’s got a terrific restaurant. | 我哥哥奥齐开了家很棒的餐馆。 |
[1:18:25] | – Armenian food. My mother’s the cook. – I don’t eat Armenian food. | – 亚美尼亚食物,我哥哥掌勺。 – 我不吃亚美尼亚食物。 |
[1:18:27] | Mr. Bates? | 贝茨先生? |
[1:18:28] | We need a picture of you, you know, maybe sitting at a table. | 我们需要一张你的照片,你知道, 可以坐在桌边照一张。 |
[1:18:31] | – No, no, no. – It’d really be terrific. | – 不,不,不。 – 那真的会很棒。 |
[1:18:32] | – What’s the matter? – The Rolls-Royce. | – 怎么回事? – 劳斯莱斯。 |
[1:18:35] | Yeah, it’s mine. This is mine. I already went through that. | 没错,是我的,这是我的。 我已经被检查过了。 |
[1:18:38] | – Well, we found a .32 caliber pistol. – Yeah, that’s mine, too. I carry a pistol. | – 唔,我们找到把点32口径的手枪。 – 没错,那也是我的,我带手枪。 |
[1:18:42] | I have a thing about Nazis. It’s a little paranoid weakness I have. | 我有点担心纳粹。 这是有点儿偏执,我小小的弱点。 |
[1:18:48] | You have a permit, I’m sure. | 我想你一定有持枪证吧。 |
[1:18:49] | I don’t need a permit. I never shoot the gun or anything. | 我不需要持枪证,我从没开过枪。 |
[1:18:51] | But, you know, I’ve had family that’s had problems, | 但是,你知道,我的家庭出了点问题, |
[1:18:54] | and that kind of thing, so I keep it. | 诸如此类的,所以我一直带着。 |
[1:18:56] | – I’m sorry, but… – It’s strictly a Nazi… | – 对不起…… – 但是严格地说是因为纳粹…… |
[1:18:59] | I’m sorry, but we’ll have to have you come down and answer a few questions. | 对不起,我们要带你走,去问几个问题。 |
[1:19:02] | That won’t be necessary. Really. | 没有必要,真的。 |
[1:19:04] | You can make an exception in my case. I’m a celebrity. | 对我的情况你们应该能破个例,我是名人。 |
[1:19:30] | Listen, I want you to come and live with me. | 听着,我希望你过来和我一起生活。 |
[1:19:32] | No, thank you. | 不,谢谢。 |
[1:19:34] | – Really. I don’t want… Don’t be ridiculous. – You make me feel ridiculous. | – 真的。我不想…别傻了。 – 你让我感觉很傻。 |
[1:19:38] | I’ve been under stress lately. You know what I mean? | 最近我压力很大, 你明白我的意思吗? |
[1:19:40] | The broken romance and the death of a friend. | 刚结束了一段感情,一个朋友去世了。 |
[1:19:43] | – Go find Dorrie. She’s much better for you. – No, no. Dorrie. That’s over, believe me. | – 去找多丽吧,她对你更合适。 – 不,不,多丽已经结束了,相信我。 |
[1:19:48] | I don’t want to hear you. | 我不想再听你说了。 |
[1:19:53] | I love you. I mean, I’ve really thought everything over. | 我爱你,我是说,我真的已经 把所有事都考虑过了。 |
[1:20:10] | I’m telling you, this has been a very, very interesting weekend for me. | 我告诉你,这个周末我过得 非常非常有意思。 |
[1:20:13] | A lot of very strange thoughts went through my mind. | 有许多非常奇怪的念头 掠过我的心头。 |
[1:20:16] | And I feel very differently about a lot of things. | 对许多事情我都有了不同的看法。 |
[1:20:18] | – I am not your type. – Yes. No. | – 我不是你喜欢的类型。 – 是的。不。 |
[1:20:20] | You like those dark women with all their problems. | 你喜欢那些隐晦的女人, 有着各种麻烦。 |
[1:20:23] | Those dark women? No. | 隐晦的女人?不。 |
[1:20:24] | – They give you a hard time and you like. – And you think I like that? Right? | – 她们让你难过,你喜欢那样。 – 你认为我喜欢那样?是吗? |
[1:20:27] | No, you’re wrong. | 不,你错了。 |
[1:20:28] | I’m telling you, I was thinking about a lot of unusual things on the weekend, | 我跟你说,这个周末,我一直在想 很多非同寻常的事情, |
[1:20:32] | and I feel much… I feel lighter. Do you know what I mean? | 我感到非常…我感到轻松多了。 你知道我的意思吗? |
[1:20:35] | And I had a very, very remarkable idea | 我有了个非常非常奇妙的主意, |
[1:20:39] | for a new ending for my movie, you know? | 来为我的影片结尾,你知道? |
[1:20:41] | We’re on a train, and there are many sad people on it, you know. | 我们在一列火车上, 车上有许多伤心的人,你知道。 |
[1:20:45] | And I have no idea where it’s heading. | 我不知道它会驶向何方, |
[1:20:47] | It could be anywhere. It could be the same junkyard. And… | 可以是任何地方, 可以是以前那个垃圾场,可以是…… |
[1:20:50] | But it’s not as terrible as I originally thought it was | 但是那地方并不像我 当初想象的那么可怕, |
[1:20:53] | because, you know, we like each other, | 因为,你知道,我们彼此喜欢对方, |
[1:20:55] | and, you know, we have some laughs, and there’s a lot of closeness. | 你知道,我们有许多欢笑, 彼此间都很亲密。 |
[1:20:59] | And the whole thing is a lot easier to take. | 所以其它的事就容易处理得多了。 |
[1:21:00] | I don’t like it. | 我不喜欢。 |
[1:21:01] | – You don’t like it? – It’s too sentimental. | – 你不喜欢? – 太伤感了。 |
[1:21:03] | So? But so what? It’s the good sentimental. | 所以?所以怎样?这是美丽的伤感。 |
[1:21:05] | That’s what you… You know, it’s … And you’re… | 这就是你想…你知道, 这…你想…… |
[1:21:07] | There’s this character that’s based on you that’s very warm and very giving, | 还有个角色是以你为基础的, 她非常热情,非常好施, |
[1:21:12] | and you’re absolutely nuts over me, you’re just crazy about me. | 你被我完完全全吸引住了, 你疯狂地迷恋上了我。 |
[1:21:17] | You just think I’m the most wonderful thing in the world. | 你所想的就是我是世界上最出色的人。 |
[1:21:19] | And you’re in love with me, and you’re… | 你爱上了我,你…… |
[1:21:20] | And despite the fact that I do a lot of foolish things, | 尽管我做了许多愚蠢的事情, |
[1:21:23] | cause you realize that down deep, I’m not evil or anything, | 但是在你的心灵深处, 意识到我并不是个坏人, |
[1:21:27] | you know, just sort of floundering around, just ridiculous, maybe. | 你知道,只是有点乱来, 也许有点荒唐。 |
[1:21:31] | – You know, just searching, okay? – I don’t think it’s realistic. | – 你知道,一直在寻找什么,对么? – 我认为那很不真实。 |
[1:21:34] | Now? This is… Now you’re gonna bring up realism, after… | 现在?这…现在你希望加入真实性? 在经过…… |
[1:21:37] | This is a hell of a time to… | 这可正是时候…… |
[1:21:40] | I know one thing, that a huge, big, wet kiss | 有一件事我确定, 那就是一个深深的湿吻… |
[1:21:43] | would go a long way to selling this idea. | 会慢慢地说服你接受我的主意。 |
[1:21:46] | I’m very serious. | 我是认真的, |
[1:21:48] | I think this is a big, big finish, you know? | 我认为这是个富于寓意的结尾,你知道? |
[1:22:24] | – It just killed me. Did you feel that? – I think it was great. | – 我完全折服了,你的感觉呢? – 我也认为很不错。 |
[1:22:27] | I just can’t believe the stuff he gets into. It’s so deep. | 我只是有点不敢相信 他涉及到的东西,太深刻了。 |
[1:22:32] | All that stuff about life and how everybody should love each other. | 那些关于生命意义的探寻, 以及为何人与人之间应该彼此相爱。 |
[1:22:37] | I mean, you know, he’s telling us heavy, original things here. | 我是说,你知道,他在这里想告诉我们的 是一些非常深沉而新颖的观点。 |
[1:22:40] | He’s very heavy. He’s always been heavy. | 他是很深沉,他总是很深沉。 |
[1:22:42] | What did you think the significance of the Rolls-Royce was? | 你认为那辆劳斯莱斯意味着什么? |
[1:22:44] | – I think that’s… It represents his car. – Really? | – 我想那是…那代表他的车吧。 – 真的吗? |
[1:22:49] | – I’m fat. I look… – Fat? Come on, you’re not fat. | – 我太胖了,我看上去…… – 太胖?得了吧,你一点都不胖。 |
[1:22:52] | I am. I mean, it’s just so ridiculous. I’m gonna have to go on another diet. | 是很胖。我是说,这太可笑了。 我又要开始节食了。 |
[1:22:56] | And I tried to play the role sympathetically, | 我试着很投入地演绎这个角色, |
[1:22:59] | but the role was just too thin. | 可是这个角色太单薄了。 |
[1:23:01] | He said to me, ‘Wear this mustache. It’ll be funny.’ | 他对我说:“戴上这个胡子,那会很有趣。” |
[1:23:04] | So I listened to him. | 所以我听了他的。 |
[1:23:06] | – You looked so beautiful. – Thank you. But you can hear me? | – 你看上去太美了。 – 谢谢。你能听见我吗? |
[1:23:10] | – Can you hear my English? – Your English was fine. | – 你能听见我的英语吗? – 噢,你的英语很好。 |
[1:23:13] | No, it was fine. Did you find… By the way, I wanna ask you. | 你的英语很好。你有没有发现… 对了,我想问你一下, |
[1:23:16] | Did you find when you did, like, kissing scenes with him, did you not… | 你有没有发现当你和他,比如说, 拍接吻的戏时,有没有发现… |
[1:23:19] | Did he open his mouth with you and wiggle his tongue around? | 他会张大着嘴,用舌头在你嘴里乱抖一气? |
[1:23:22] | Yes, he did. | 是的,他是这样的。 |
[1:23:23] | – And he never lets you go. – It’s the most irritating thing, right? | – 而且他一直缠着不放。 – 这是最气人的事了,对吗? |
[1:23:26] | It’s funny. | 很好玩。 |
[1:23:28] | It’s amazing, Rash. From this he makes a living? | 太不可思议了,拉什, 他就靠这挣钱? |
[1:23:32] | I like a melodrama, a musical comedy with a plot. | 我还是喜欢情节剧,或是有故事的 歌舞喜剧,不会那么沉重。 |
[1:25:00] | [ translation & synchronization: loco-whopper ] | [ 中文翻译、字幕同步:疯狂弥天大幌 ] |
[1:25:16] | [ thanks for watching! ] | [ 谢谢观看!] |