时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Let me guess. You’re painting a cat’s soul. | 我猜猜 你在画猫的灵魂 |
[00:07] | I’m painting my mood. | 我在画自己的心情 |
[00:09] | Wow, Avery. I’ve never seen you this down. | 哇 艾芙莉 我从没见你心情这么差过 |
[00:11] | But don’t worry, I know how to cheer you up. | 不过别担心,我知道怎么样让你高兴起来 |
[00:14] | ♪ I’m your furry fun technician ♪ | 我是你的毛绒小丑 |
[00:16] | ♪ Here to fix your disposition ♪ | 有我在你就别发愁 |
[00:18] | ♪ Pouting can be infantile ♪ | 老噘着嘴多不好 |
[00:21] | ♪ Time to make that infant smile ♪ | 没事儿就该多笑笑 |
[00:27] | Jazz paws! | 爵士爪 |
[00:31] | Nothin’? Really? | 没用 真的 |
[00:33] | You always smile at jazz paws. | 每次我露爵士爪你都会乐的 |
[00:36] | I really messed up with Wes. | 我和韦斯黄了 |
[00:39] | This is where Avery went on and on about how she was tutoring Wes | 艾芙莉这时候就开始不停地说 为了接近韦斯她怎么教他西班牙语 |
[00:42] | in Spanish to get close to him. But she doesn’t know Spanish. | 问题是她根本不懂西班牙语 |
[00:45] | So, when he asked her out in Spanish, | 所以当他用西班牙语约她出去时 |
[00:47] | she didn’t know what he was saying and turned him down. | 她根本不知道他在说什么 直接拒绝了 |
[00:49] | So now, she’s really bummed. | 所以现在她很烦 |
[00:51] | Really bummed. | 很烦 |
[00:53] | Okay, well, just go tell Wes there was a misunderstanding. | 那就告诉韦斯 这是个误会呗 |
[00:57] | That’s what I would do if I were in your shoes. | 如果我是你 还穿着你的鞋 就会那么办 |
[00:59] | In fact, I am in your shoes! | 其实我确实穿着你的鞋 |
[01:03] | What? How did this happen? | 这是什么时候的事? |
[01:10] | Yeah. | 耶 |
[01:12] | Check it out. | 走过路过不要错过 |
[01:14] | Whoo! | |
[01:17] | There’s the shaker. | 舞跳得不错吧 |
[01:20] | You getting this? | 看明白了吗? |
[01:24] | Boom! | |
[01:26] | Wow, I feel so much better. | 哇 我开心多了 |
[01:32] | Wow, that’s hard. | 哇 这舞还真难 |
[01:34] | Try doing it without proper knees. | 你起码还有膝盖 |
[01:37] | Maybe I do just tell Wes the truth. | 也许我真的该告诉韦斯真相 |
[01:39] | That it was just a misunderstanding. That should be easy. | 说那只是个误会 这肯定不难 |
[01:42] | – You should call him right now. – No. I have time. | 你现在就应该给他打电话 没事 我还有时间 |
[01:45] | This just happened yesterday. | 事情是昨天刚发生的 |
[01:46] | It’s not like he’s just gonna walk up to someone else | 他又不可能立刻走过去问别人 |
[01:48] | and say “Do you want to go out with me?” | 你想和我约会吗 |
[01:50] | Do you want to go out with me? | 你想和我约会吗 |
[02:10] | – You want me to go out with you? – Yeah. | 你想和我约会 对 |
[02:13] | Oh, snap! Driz-ama. | 唉哟 这下可好 |
[02:17] | It’s like a drama-cano erupted | 这事儿简直跟电影似的 |
[02:19] | and now we’re all living in a drama-cracy. | 现在我们都变成电影里的人物了 |
[02:22] | Now, let’s see how we got there. | 先来看看这是怎么回事吧 |
[02:28] | Bye. | 再见 |
[02:29] | – Oh, I’m so sorry. – Oh, no, it was my fault. | 对不起 没事 是我的错 |
[02:32] | I wasn’t looking where I was going. | 我没看路 |
[02:33] | And usually I staple my hats on. | 而且我一般都是把帽子钉在头上的 |
[02:35] | I’m kidding, gross. | 我开玩笑呢 那也太恶心了 |
[02:37] | Okay, one time, and only to my hair. | 好吧 就一次 只钉到头发上了 |
[02:40] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[02:42] | Oh, Lindsay, it’s you. | 琳赛 是你 |
[02:43] | I didn’t recognize you without your hat. | 没戴帽子我都认不出来了 |
[02:47] | So, I guess you heard, | 你肯定听说了吧 |
[02:48] | Avery totally shot me down. | 艾芙莉拒绝我了 |
[02:50] | I thought Avery really liked you. | 我以为艾芙莉很喜欢你呢 |
[02:51] | I kind of thought so, too, but I guess she changed her mind. | 我本来也是这么以为的 她可能改主意了吧 |
[02:55] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[02:56] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[02:58] | You’re really cool. | 你挺酷的 |
[02:59] | Do you want to go out with me? | 你想和我约会吗 |
[03:01] | You want me to go out with you? | 你想和我约会 |
[03:03] | Yeah, I have two tickets to the movie in the park this weekend. It’ll be fun. | 对 我有两张周末在公园展映的电影票 肯定会很好玩的 |
[03:06] | Er, I guess if Avery’s not interested anymore… | 如果艾芙莉不喜欢你了 |
[03:10] | I’d love to. | 那好啊 |
[03:13] | Are you cold? | 你冷吗 |
[03:14] | I get happy chills. It’s normal. | 我一高兴就打哆嗦 很正常 |
[03:16] | Not really. But for me. | 其实不正常 但对我来说很正常 |
[03:19] | Well, I’m happy too. | 我也很高兴 |
[03:22] | That’s not normal for me. | 这对我来说很不正常 |
[03:25] | Well, er, I’ll see you later. | 到到时候见 |
[03:27] | Bye! | 拜拜 |
[03:29] | Hey, Lindsay, have you seen Wes? I really need to talk to him. | 林赛 你看见韦斯了吗 我得跟他谈谈 |
[03:32] | This is where Avery tells Lindsay what happened when Wes asked her out. | 艾芙莉这时候就开始跟琳赛讲韦斯约她出去时发生了什么 |
[03:36] | Spanish book, Spanish book. | 西班牙书的问题 |
[03:38] | Lindsay says what happened when Wes asked her out. | 琳赛又跟艾芙莉讲韦斯约她出去的事情 |
[03:41] | Happy chills, happy chills. | 高兴地打哆嗦 |
[03:43] | And she’s all “What the what?” | 艾芙莉说“神马” |
[03:45] | And she’s all “I know, right?” | 她说“就是啊” |
[03:48] | And you said yes? | 你答应了 |
[03:50] | Well, I guess I should’ve talked to you first, | 我确实应该先问问你的意见 |
[03:52] | but I was kinda stunned and he put me on the spot and… | 可我当时真的有点吃惊 他那么对我说话 而且 |
[03:55] | Stop happy chilling! | 别高兴地打哆嗦了 |
[03:57] | Happy chills? Is it because I’m here? | 高兴地打哆嗦 是因为我来了吗 |
[03:59] | I do light up a room. | 我确实很有感染力 |
[04:02] | Wes asked Lindsay out and she said yes. | 韦斯约琳赛出去 她同意了 |
[04:04] | What does everyone see in this charming, handsome Wes guy? | 大家都看上韦斯这个帅哥什么了 |
[04:07] | I go for weird. | 我喜欢怪胎 |
[04:09] | Give me someone who doesn’t shower and laughs at inappropriate times. | 比如不爱洗澡 会平白无故大笑的人 |
[04:12] | Sup. | 你好啊 |
[04:16] | So, Lindsay, now that you know that I turned Wes down by mistake, | 琳赛 既然现在你知道 我不是故意拒绝韦斯的 |
[04:19] | you can’t go out with him. Right? | 你就不会和他约会了吧 |
[04:21] | I mean, I’m the one who had the crush on him this whole time, right? | 我才是一直以来都暗恋他的人 对吧 |
[04:24] | – Right? – Right, you’re the one who had the crush. | 对吧 对 是你一直暗恋他 |
[04:27] | That’s the upside of weird dudes. | 这就是喜欢怪胎的好处 |
[04:29] | There’s plenty to go around and nobody fights over them. | 不仅数量多 而且没人抢 |
[04:33] | – Are you okay with this, Linds? – Yeah, yeah, it’s no big deal. | 你不会难过吧 小赛 不会 没什么大不了的 |
[04:36] | It’s just, you know, I got asked out by a cute boy. | 只是 我好不容易被一个帅哥约了 |
[04:38] | That’s like finding a dollar bill on the ground | 这就像捡着一张一元的钞票 |
[04:40] | and then finding the person who dropped it. | 却找到了它的主人 |
[04:42] | You’re like, “Ooh, a dollar!” And then you’re like, “Oh, here.” | 先是 “哇 一元钱” 然后就是 “还你吧” |
[04:46] | And that person would have said “Thank you so much!” | 钱的主人一定会说 “太感谢你了” |
[04:49] | You never would have felt right spending that dollar. | 不然你花那张钞票会有罪恶感的 |
[04:52] | And I would have said, “Wow. It’s just a dollar.” | 我会说 “哇 才一块钱而已” |
[04:57] | Hey, Dad, you wanted to talk to me? | 爸 你想跟我谈谈是吗 |
[04:59] | Yep, it’s something pretty cool. | 对 是一件很酷的事 |
[05:02] | – My cool or your cool? – What’s the difference? | 我酷还是你酷 有什么差别吗 |
[05:04] | One is cool. | 只有一个人能酷 |
[05:06] | I just got off the phone with my publishing company | 我的出版商刚打来电话 |
[05:09] | about my new fathers and sons book called | 谈了谈关于我父子新书的事 名字叫 |
[05:11] | Fathers and Sons. | 父子 |
[05:13] | – They wanted to pitch me some cover ideas. – Better titles? | 他们想向我推荐一些封面创意 上档次点的标题 |
[05:16] | Anyways, I told them that I wasn’t interested in their pitches | 总之 我告诉他们 我对他们的创意不感兴趣 |
[05:19] | because I already had a cover idea of my own, | 因为我已经有自己的主意了 |
[05:22] | a picture of the author and his son. | 一张作者和儿子的照片 |
[05:26] | But you’re the author and I’m your son. | 可你就是作者 我就是儿子 |
[05:29] | I know. Pretty cool, huh? | 没错 酷吧 |
[05:32] | They fought me on it, but I won. | 他们反对过 但还是被我说服了 |
[05:34] | You see, son, when you really want something, you do not take “No,” | 知道吗 儿子 当你非常想要某件东西时 可不能接受 ”不行“ |
[05:37] | or “No, are you serious?” | 或 “你开玩笑呢吧” |
[05:39] | Or “No, what is this, some kind of vanity project?” for an answer. | 或者 ”这是什么面子工程吗“ 这类答案 |
[05:43] | So, my picture will be on your book? | 所以我的照片会被做成封面 |
[05:45] | No, Son. | 不 儿子 |
[05:46] | Our picture will be on my book, huh? | 咱们的照片会被做成封面 |
[05:48] | What pose do you think? Uh… Action. | 你觉得摆那种姿势比较好 行动 |
[05:51] | Surprised. | 惊喜 |
[05:54] | Bulls locking horns. | 顶牛 |
[05:56] | Pointing at an unknown object. | 随便指个东西 |
[05:59] | Two guys just tickling each other. | 互相挠痒痒 |
[06:02] | Dad, stop! | 别闹了 爸 |
[06:04] | Listen, Dad, about this cover thing… | 听着 爸 关于封面 |
[06:06] | – all my friends will see it and… – I know, Son. | 我朋友都会看见 我懂 儿子 |
[06:09] | It’s a dream come true for me, too. | 这对我来说也跟梦想成真一样 |
[06:11] | Hey, guys. | 嘿 伙计们 |
[06:12] | I can say that ’cause you’re guys. | 因为你们是伙计我才这么叫 |
[06:14] | If you were girls, I’d say, “Hey, powerful women.” | 如果你们是女孩 我就会说 ”嘿 女强人“ |
[06:18] | My teacher, Pam, taught me that. | 这是我老是帕姆教我的 |
[06:20] | She’s a powerful woman. And I am, too. | 她和我一样 是个女强人 |
[06:25] | Oh, Chloe, you are so cute. | 克洛伊 你真可爱 |
[06:27] | This face here would sell so many books. | 这张脸一定会卖出一堆书的 |
[06:30] | You don’t want this rotten cantaloupe driving down sales. | 你肯定不想让我这张冬瓜脸影响书的销量 |
[06:34] | Chloe can’t be on the cover. It’s a book about fathers and sons. | 克洛伊做不了封面 这本书是讲父子的 |
[06:37] | So, it’s because I’m a girl? | 就因为我是女孩 |
[06:39] | That’s sexist. | 这是性别歧视 |
[06:40] | You’re what Pam calls “the problem.” | 你就是帕姆说的”问题来源“ |
[06:44] | Look, sweetie, this isn’t sexist, it’s a book about sons. | 宝贝儿 这不是性别歧视 这本书是讲儿子的 |
[06:47] | And Tyler is my son. | 泰勒就是我儿子 |
[06:48] | – So, if I was a boy, I could be on it? – Yes. | 这么说 如果我是男孩 就能上封面了 对 |
[06:51] | Sounds sexist to me. | 这不是性别歧视是什么 |
[06:57] | I see you’re getting ready for your school presentation. | 你在准备学校演讲啊 |
[06:59] | Susan B. Anthony costume is looking great. | 苏珊·安东尼式的裙子真漂亮 |
[07:01] | Susan B. Anthony wouldn’t care about looking great. | 苏珊·安东尼不会关心自己看起来漂不漂亮 |
[07:04] | She just cared about women getting the vote. | 只关心女性有没有投票权 |
[07:06] | But thank you, ’cause I’ve been working so hard on it. | 但还是谢谢您 我为它付出了很多心血 |
[07:09] | I remember when I dressed up like Annie Oakley. | 我还记得我穿成安妮·奥克利的样子 (注:19世纪美国西部女枪手,其故事被改编成百老汇音乐剧《飞燕金枪》(Annie Get Your Gun)) |
[07:11] | Not for school. It was for a commercial selling cowhide rugs. | 不是为学校 是为拍一个牛皮地毯的广告 |
[07:16] | Howdy, partners. | 好啊 伙计们 |
[07:17] | Ow! | |
[07:18] | Boy, do we have a range of great rugs out here on the Rug Ranch. | 天哪 我们地毯牧场的漂亮地毯可真多 |
[07:21] | Ow! | |
[07:23] | So, mosey on over. | 那您还等什么呢 |
[07:24] | We won’t steer you wrong. | 我们绝不会忽悠您 |
[07:26] | Ow! Come on! | 噢 拜托 |
[07:28] | Down to the Rug Ranch. | 来地毯牧场看看 |
[07:31] | Sounds less like Annie Get Your Gun | 听起来不像飞燕金枪 |
[07:33] | and more like “Annie, Get Your Life Together.” | 更像不太正常 |
[07:37] | It was definitely a wake-up call. | 那对我来说确实是个警醒 |
[07:39] | Oh, if you’re heading out that way, | 如果您要去那边 |
[07:41] | can you take this outside so the sun can give it a weathered look? | 能把它带到外面晒晒吗 那样衣服会有饱经风霜的感觉 |
[07:44] | It’s that kind of attention to detail | 这样老师就能请我去 |
[07:46] | that gets you an invite to the teachers’ lounge for coffee cake | 教师休息室 吃咖啡蛋糕 |
[07:49] | and inappropriate gossip about the other students. | 听学生的各种绯闻 |
[07:54] | Hey, Avery. | 艾芙莉 |
[07:56] | I’m all set to work on our presentation and… | 我准备好咱们的演讲了 而且 |
[08:00] | I’ve got wigs! | 还拿到了假发 |
[08:02] | And they were free! | 这些可是免费的 |
[08:05] | They look free. | 看得出来 |
[08:06] | And they smell like the harbor. | 有港口的气息 |
[08:09] | So, how did it go with Wes? | 你跟韦斯说了吗 |
[08:11] | Was it hard? Did he understand? | 他接手的如何 |
[08:12] | Should I call him now to tell him I’ll go out with him or wait till tomorrow? | 我是该现在给他打电话说愿意和他约会还是明天再打 |
[08:16] | Free from, like, a person or, like, a lost-and-found? | 这假发是别人给的还是从失物招领处拿的 |
[08:19] | A person. | 别人给的 |
[08:21] | And wait till tomorrow.、 | 明天再打吧 |
[08:22] | I actually haven’t talked to Wes yet. | 我其实还没跟韦斯讲呢 |
[08:25] | Oh? Er… What’s the hold up? | 为什么 |
[08:28] | Well, I just wanted to enjoy the fact | 我只是想再享受几小时 |
[08:29] | that I was asked out on a date for a couple more hours. | 被人约出去的感觉 |
[08:32] | But I’ll talk to him, I promise. | 但我保证会告诉他 |
[08:34] | Free from a sea captain? Or a dock worker? | 你是从船长手里拿来的吗 还是码头工人 |
[08:36] | They just reek of low tide. | 他们有股海腥味儿 |
[08:42] | Hey, can I ask you for some advice? | 我能向您征求点建议吗 |
[08:45] | – Who are you talking to, sweetie? – You. | 宝贝儿 你跟谁说话呢 你啊 |
[08:47] | Me? You want to ask me for advice? | 我 你想听取我的建议 |
[08:55] | So, can I ask you for some advice? | 可以向你征求点建议吗 |
[08:56] | I don’t know. You’ve never done it before. | 我也不知道 你以前可从来都没问过我 |
[08:58] | You usually go to your dad because he’s the “professional” | 你平时都问你爸 因为他是”专家“ |
[09:01] | and “not prone to emotional outbursts.” | 而且 ”不会突然情感大爆发“ |
[09:04] | Actually, I can’t go to Dad this time because it’s about him. | 这次我不能问我爸 因为我就想谈他的问题 |
[09:07] | Well, that takes some of the wind out of my sails, but I can row! | 那我提供的建议就有限了 但我会尽力的 |
[09:12] | Okay, shoot. No, wait, let me get a notepad. | 好吧 等等 我先去那个笔记本 |
[09:14] | No, you know, I want to make eye contact. I’ll just record this on my phone. | 还是别了 我想和你有眼神交流 直接用手机录音吧 |
[09:17] | I don’t know how to do that on my phone. We’ll go old school. You talk, I listen. | 不过我不知道怎么用手机录音 咱们保守点吧 你说 我听 |
[09:20] | I am so nervous. Are you nervous? | 我好紧张 你紧张吗 |
[09:23] | Mom, look. I really don’t want to hurt Dad’s feelings | 听着 妈 我真不想伤老爸的感情 |
[09:26] | but I don’t want to be on the cover of his book. | 可我也不想上他的书的封面 |
[09:28] | This will be the most humiliating thing that’s ever happened to me. | 这会成为我有生以来最丢人的事 |
[09:31] | Gosh, my first instinct is just to tell you to go talk to him, | 老天 我第一个本能反应就是让你去和他谈谈 |
[09:34] | but that’s too easy. | 可这样太简单了 |
[09:35] | No, I want to advise you so good that when I’m a grandma, | 我想给你个超过的建议 等我抱孙子的时候 |
[09:38] | your children will feel well-advised. | 连你孩子都会拍手称赞的那种 |
[09:40] | Good one, Nana! | 说的好 奶奶 |
[09:42] | So let me just really think about it and get back to you. | 我先好好想想 再告诉你 |
[09:44] | Okay, Nana. | 好吧 奶奶 |
[09:46] | No, not Nana, not yet. | 我现在还没做奶奶呢 |
[09:48] | I know I said that, but I’m too young, too young. | 我就那么一说 我现在还太年轻 |
[09:56] | So here’s my idea for our presentation. | 这是我演讲时要穿的衣服 |
[09:59] | I’ll be Susan B. Anthony. | 我要办成苏珊·安东尼 |
[10:02] | Wait, if you have this all figured out already, | 等等 如果你已经定好了 |
[10:04] | then why’d I bring these wigs? | 我还带假发来干什么 |
[10:05] | I know, it didn’t make sense to me either. | 是啊 我也不明白 |
[10:08] | I thought we could brainstorm on ideas together. | 我以为咱们要一起集思广益呢 |
[10:10] | Maybe we could be two of Susan’s followers | 也许咱们可以当两个苏珊的支持者 |
[10:12] | who tell the story of how she devoted her life to getting women the vote. | 给大家讲她是如何把她的一生奉献给女性争取投票权事业的 |
[10:15] | Okay. Or… | 好吧 也可以 |
[10:16] | I could be Susan B. Anthony because I have the costume. | 让我当苏珊·安东尼 因为我已经有服装了 |
[10:21] | Or I could be Susan B. Anthony because I’m not getting the vote. | 或者让我当苏珊·安东尼 因为没人支持我 |
[10:24] | Look, Linds. I’m sorry that I did this without you. | 听着 小赛 我确实该先问你的意见在行动 |
[10:27] | But it’s not like I’ve got everything figured out. | 可我又没单独把所有事都决定了 |
[10:29] | I just did this costume. | 我这做了这身衣服 |
[10:31] | And that costume. | 还有那身 |
[10:34] | Your dog even has a costume? | 连你的狗都有衣服穿 |
[10:36] | Yeah, doesn’t he look amazing? | 对 他是不是帅呆了 |
[10:39] | Well, I’ve got the figure to pull off just about anything. | 我确实穿什么都好看 |
[10:42] | Stan is going to be Susan B. Anthony’s dog. | 斯坦要做苏珊·安东尼的狗 |
[10:45] | So, when I recite her line about how women without the vote | 所以当我讲到没有投票权的女人 |
[10:48] | might as well be dogs baying at the moon, | 就像狗对月亮嚎叫一样没用时 |
[10:51] | Stan will dramatize it by howling. | 斯坦就会用吠叫声衬托 |
[10:53] | We’ll get first place. | 咱们会得第一的 |
[10:55] | Ooh, unless Toby Pointer dresses up as Nixon and does the splits. | 除非托比·普恩特打扮成尼克松做劈叉 |
[10:58] | It’s not historically accurate, but he can put on a show. | 虽然不符合历史 但他可会作秀了 |
[11:03] | This is just like our presentation on Lewis and Clark. | 这就跟咱们上次做刘易斯与克拉克的演讲一样 |
[11:05] | When you played Lewis and Clark. And Sacajawea! | 你一人分饰两角 还顺便演了萨卡加维亚 |
[11:08] | And I was a buffalo. | 而我只是头水牛 |
[11:09] | You hunted me for meat! | 你还来捕食我 |
[11:12] | You kept us alive, Lindsay. | 是你让我们存活下去的 琳赛 |
[11:14] | We used every part of you. | 你全身都是宝 |
[11:16] | And you have a very important job this time. | 这次你的职务也很重要 |
[11:18] | You’re gonna be the reporter who asks me questions. | 你要做问我问题的记着 |
[11:21] | Well, okay, I guess that could be fun. What costume will I wear? | 好吧 这个职务可能还挺有意思的 我该穿什么服装 |
[11:24] | Anything you want. You’ll be offstage with a mic. | 什么都行 你到时候就拿着话筒站在台下 |
[11:27] | You could even get some more use out of your buffalo costume. | 说不定那身野牛庄还能派上用场 |
[11:31] | So, the dog has a bigger part than I do? | 这么说连狗的职务都比我重要 |
[11:33] | How did that happen? | 这怎么可能 |
[11:34] | It was a very arduous audition process. | 视镜的过程可是相当艰难 |
[11:37] | Hi, I’m Stan. | 嗨 我是斯坦 |
[11:39] | I’ll be reading the role of Miss Doralee Gilley | 我要读一段1980年电影”未完成的买卖“中 |
[11:41] | from the 1980 film “The Executary.”、 | 朵拉丽·吉莉小姐的台词 |
[11:45] | I thought I’d dealt with my last pig when I left the farm, | 我以为我昨天离开农场的时候 已经处理好最后那头猪了 |
[11:48] | but I was wrong, Mr. Coleman. I was wrong! | 可我错了 科尔曼先生 |
[11:52] | You’re nothing but an eye winkin’, | 你就是个爱抛媚眼 |
[11:53] | girl chasin’, male chauvinist… | 爱泡妞 歧视女性的 |
[11:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:56] | I can also do that as a Valley girl, if you want. | 如果你愿意 我还可以背拿个山谷女孩的台词 |
[12:00] | Okay, so I figured out everything before you got here. Usually you don’t mind that. | 我承认 在你来之前我就把一切都想好了 你一般都不介意的 |
[12:04] | Well, maybe this time I want to be Susan B. Anthony. | 也许这次我想当苏珊·安东尼 |
[12:06] | And maybe I want to go to the movie with Wes. | 也许我想去和韦斯看电影 |
[12:09] | What does Wes have to do with anything? | 韦斯和这件事有什么关系 |
[12:11] | I mean, what are we even arguing about? | 咱们到底在吵什么啊 |
[12:13] | The fact that you decide everything in our friendship. | 咱们俩不管什么事都是你做主 |
[12:16] | If you were really my friend, you’d understand how much this means to me. | 如果你真是我朋友 就会明白这对我来说有多重要 |
[12:19] | I’ve never had a boyfriend or even been asked out, you have! | 我从没交过男朋友 也没被人约过 可你都经历过 |
[12:22] | Lindsay, you’re gonna get asked out by tons of boys who I won’t like. | 琳赛 以你后会被无数我不喜欢的男孩约出去的 |
[12:26] | What is that supposed to mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[12:28] | It means I liked Wes first! | 意思是我先喜欢韦斯的 |
[12:29] | I mean, you didn’t even like him before he asked you out. | 在他约你之前你根本不喜欢他 |
[12:32] | Listen, I always liked Wes, but I wasn’t allowed to | 我一直喜欢韦斯 但因为你喜欢 我就不能表现出来 |
[12:34] | because you liked him. And you come first in this friendship. | 咱俩的友谊里 你总是排第一位 |
[12:37] | But you had your chance, Avery, and now it’s my turn. | 可你已经拒绝过一次了 现在轮到我了 |
[12:39] | I’m not canceling my date. | 我才不会取消约会 |
[12:41] | I’m going to the movie with Wes whether you like it or not. | 我要去喝韦斯看电影 不管你愿不愿意 |
[12:50] | What just happened? | 刚刚发生什么了 |
[12:51] | So, this would be a bad time to tell you I want to be Susan B. Anthony? | 如果我现在告诉你我想当苏珊·安东尼 是不是不太合适 |
[13:00] | Hey there, cutes. What do you got there? | 嘿 宝贝儿 你拿的什么啊 |
[13:02] | This is your book. I had an idea for the cover. | 你的书 这是我的封面创意 |
[13:06] | Oh, look, it’s you. | 看 是你 |
[13:09] | But where am I? I’m not on here. | 我在哪儿呢 这上面没有我 |
[13:11] | Exactly. Stings a little, huh? | 没错 心里不大舒服吧 |
[13:15] | Look, Sweetie, I know that you feel bad not being on my book… | 宝贝儿 我知道你没上我的封面很不开心 |
[13:19] | Pam says it’s not okay to talk down to someone. | 帕姆说不该把人看矮 |
[13:21] | I’m not talking down to you. | 我没把你看矮啊 |
[13:23] | You’re up there, I’m down here. | 可你站得这么高 我却这么矮 |
[13:25] | Pam taught us the difference between up and down. | 帕姆教了我们上下之间的区别 |
[13:27] | Up is where the glass ceiling is | 上面是玻璃屋顶 |
[13:29] | and down is where the man wants to keep us. | 下面是小孩必须呆的地方 |
[13:33] | Well, if you don’t want to be down there, | 如果你不想呆在下面 |
[13:35] | how’s this? | 这样如何 |
[13:37] | I love being lifted. Now swing me. | 我喜欢被人举 带我转几圈吧 |
[13:39] | Wheee! | 呜 |
[13:45] | Don’t tell Pam about this. | 别跟帕姆讲 |
[13:48] | I’m starting to wonder about this teacher of Chloe’s. | 我开始怀疑克洛伊的这个老师了 |
[13:51] | Pam? I love her. She asked me to join her drum circle. | 帕姆 我可喜欢她了 她问我要不要加入她的鼓号队 |
[13:53] | Listen, I need some advice. | 我需要点建议 |
[13:54] | Let the good drummers take the lead, you just play quietly in the back. | 让好鼓手在前面敲 你安静在后面呆着就行了 |
[13:59] | No, it’s advice about giving advice. | 不是这个 我想知道怎么给别人建议 |
[14:02] | But I just realized I can’t ask you | 可我刚想起来我不能问你 |
[14:04] | for reasons I can’t really say, | 理由保密 |
[14:06] | so I’ll just have to work it out myself. | 所以我还是自己琢磨吧 |
[14:09] | Why don’t you ever lift me? | 你怎么从来没举过我 |
[14:13] | – This is hurting my arms. – It’s hurting my pits. | 太伤胳膊 太伤胳肢窝 |
[14:15] | – Why are we doing this? All right. – I don’t know. | 咱们干嘛要这样 不知道 |
[14:21] | This is crazy. | 烦死了 |
[14:23] | Lindsay and I haven’t even talked since she stormed out yesterday. | 自从琳赛昨天走之后 我俩就一直没说上话 |
[14:26] | I don’t even know what we’re doing. | 我都不知道咱们在干嘛 |
[14:27] | Well, you’re playing Susan B. Anthony and I’m not because my argument | 你在演苏珊·安东尼 我没得到角色 因为我试演时 |
[14:31] | for non-traditional casting fell on deaf ears. | 背的台词你一句也没听进去 |
[14:34] | I guess we’ll just get up there and do our thing. | 咱们大概只能上去好好讲了 |
[14:36] | Then, maybe Lindsay and I can talk and figure out this whole Wes situation. | 也许之后琳赛会和我说话 然后我们就一起把韦斯这件事情解决了 |
[14:40] | Hopefully, she’ll do the right thing and bow out. | 希望她能赶紧悔悟 退出这场争夺战 |
[14:45] | It sounded like you said “bow wow.” | “退出” 跟 “吠出” 好像啊 |
[14:51] | Oh, Chloe, your class came to see this? | 克洛伊 你们班也来观摩了 |
[14:54] | Yep, Pam thought it would be a great lesson for our class. | 对 帕姆觉得这种活动对我们也很有教育意义 |
[14:57] | When I told her you were playing Susan B. Anthony, | 我告诉她你要演苏珊·安东尼后 |
[14:59] | she got so excited, she picked me up. | 她激动得直接把我抱起来了 |
[15:01] | I’m getting lifted a lot lately. | 我最近经常被人举 |
[15:03] | It’s pretty sweet. | 我很喜欢 |
[15:06] | And Max, you’re not even dressed up. | 麦克斯 你根本没打扮 |
[15:09] | I’m Secret Service protecting all the Presidents here. | 我是秘密特工 来保护这儿的总统 |
[15:11] | Oh-oh, John Wilkes Booth is on the move. | 啊哦 约翰·威尔克斯·布斯开始行动了 |
[15:14] | Nah, I don’t want to mess with history. | 算了 我不想改写历史 |
[15:16] | Well, both of you wish me luck. | 那你俩快祝我好运吧 |
[15:19] | Ooh, Nixon’s going on. I’m up next. | 尼克森上台了 我是下一个 |
[15:21] | Oh, he’s doing the splits. | 他又做劈叉了 |
[15:26] | That’s not historically accurate! | 这根本就不符合史实 |
[15:30] | Ha! Not so limber now, are you, Nixon? | 哈 现在没那么敏捷了吧 尼克森 |
[15:34] | Wait, the splits was a metaphor for his resignation. | 等等 劈叉就是他被迫辞职的象征 |
[15:37] | How did I not see that before? | 我之前怎么没想到呢 |
[15:39] | Brilliant work, Toby! | 干得漂亮 托比 |
[15:42] | Hello, other Susan. | 你好 苏珊二号 |
[15:46] | Lindsay? What are you doing wearing that costume? | 琳赛 你穿这身衣服干什么 |
[15:49] | I’m Susan B. Anthony. | 我是苏珊·安东尼 |
[15:50] | No. I’m Susan B. Anthony. | 我才是苏珊·安东尼 |
[15:53] | You’re her evil twin in an overpriced wig. | 你是她的邪恶双胞胎姐姐 只不过有顶昂贵的假发 |
[15:55] | At least that’s what it says in my speech. | 反正我的演讲稿上就是这么写的 |
[15:58] | That’s not historically accurate! | 这可不符合史实啊 |
[16:00] | Wait, unless it’s a metaphor… No, that’s not historically accurate! | 这不会是个隐喻吧 不对 你说的确实不符合史实 |
[16:03] | And neither is that hat! | 这顶帽子也不是 |
[16:07] | None of this is in the script. | 演讲稿上可没有这段啊 |
[16:09] | What’s my cue? I might have missed it. | 是代表该我出场了吗 我怎么没听到提示 |
[16:11] | When do I howl? I’d better do it now. | 什么时候轮到我叫 就现在吧 |
[16:17] | Ah! Indigestion! | 消化不良 |
[16:19] | This is so embarrassing. | 太丢人了 |
[16:20] | Why did I eat Oliver Wendell Holmes’ breakfast burrito? | 我干嘛要吃霍姆斯的墨西哥卷啊 |
[16:24] | – He liked me first. – He likes me now. | 他先喜欢我的 他现在喜欢我 |
[16:26] | Oh, we’ll see. I’m going out with him! | 那可不一定 我要和他约会 |
[16:28] | There’s nothing you can do about it. | 你阻止不了我 |
[16:30] | Oh, yeah? All I have to do is explain the misunderstanding, | 是吗 我只要跟他解释完那场误会 |
[16:33] | and you guys are over! | 你俩就结束了 |
[16:34] | No wonder it took us so long to get the vote. | 怪不得咱们女人要花这么久才获得投票权 |
[16:42] | What do you think about my outfit, Stan? | 你觉得我的打扮怎么样 斯坦 |
[16:43] | I want to look cute when I tell Wes | 我要告诉韦斯 我愿意跟他出去 |
[16:45] | that I’ll go out with him and Lindsay’s a jerk! | 而且琳赛是个混蛋 所以得打扮得漂亮点 |
[16:47] | But not like I’m trying to look cute. | 可又不会给他太做作的感觉 |
[16:49] | You look great, but I can’t believe you’re doing this to Lindsay. | 你很漂亮 但你居然要这么对待琳赛 |
[16:52] | She’s your best friend. | 她可是你最好的朋友 |
[16:54] | I mean, I’m your best friend. I am your best friend, right? | 不过我也是你最好的朋友 我是你最好的朋友吧 |
[16:57] | Say it. And pet me while you say it. | 对我说一遍怎么样 边爱抚我边说 |
[17:00] | Yes, you’re my best friend, Stan. | 对 你是我最好的朋友 斯坦 |
[17:02] | You’d never betray me like Lindsay did. | 你永远不会像琳赛一样背叛我 |
[17:05] | She went after the boy I liked. She is a bad friend. | 她居然想追我喜欢的男孩 她这个朋友当的不好 |
[17:08] | You know, with dogs, every pack has an alpha who’s in charge. | 你知道吗 所有狗群都有个首领 |
[17:12] | And sometimes another dog steps up and tries to become the alpha. | 有时候另一只狗会挑战首领的地位 |
[17:15] | And the alpha needs to put that dog in its place. | 首领就必须教训教训它 |
[17:17] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[17:19] | I’m the leader, he’s fighting me, | 我是首领 她挑战了我的地位 |
[17:20] | and I need to put her in her place. | 所以我也得教训一下她 |
[17:22] | That is a great point, Stan. | 你说的太有道理了 斯坦 |
[17:24] | No! My point is you’re not dogs. | 我的意思是你不是狗 |
[17:26] | Stop acting like it. | 别像狗一样做事 |
[17:28] | Friendship isn’t about who’s in charge. It’s a two-way street. | 友情中没有领导者 这是两个人的事 |
[17:31] | I liked the alpha dog thing better a minute ago | 我比较喜欢首领的说法 |
[17:33] | when I thought it was supporting my position. | 刚才我还以为你在支持我呢 |
[17:36] | I take back a little bit of my petting. | 我收回刚才的爱抚 |
[17:38] | You can’t. | 收不回来了 |
[17:39] | The tingle is already in my fur. | 那种兴奋感已经侵入我的皮毛了 |
[17:41] | Just think about this, Avery. | 好好想想 艾芙莉 |
[17:43] | If you have to picture your life with only Wes or Lindsay in it, | 如果你必须选一个人 长久地陪伴你 |
[17:47] | who’s in that picture? | 你会选韦斯还是琳赛 |
[17:53] | Mom, you around? Still need that advice. | 妈 你在吗 我还是需要您的建议 |
[17:57] | Mom, are you hiding behind the curtains? | 妈 你是躲到窗帘后面了吗 |
[17:59] | No, I’m just busy. Can’t talk to you now. | 没有 我很忙 现在不能跟你说话 |
[18:01] | Busy… hiding behind the curtains? | 忙着 躲在窗帘后面 |
[18:05] | I’m not hiding. This is my thinking spot. | 我没躲 这是我思考的地方 |
[18:07] | I’m thinking about the advice I’m gonna give you, | 我在想到底给你什么建议好 |
[18:10] | so if you want good advice, you just need to leave me alone to think. | 所以如果你想要好建议 就让我一个人呆会儿 |
[18:13] | Behind the curtains? | 呆在窗帘后面 |
[18:16] | You know, I had a thought, you just distracted me from it. | 我本来有个想法的 你给弄没了 |
[18:19] | Now I have to start all over again. I hope you’re happy. | 现在我又得重新想了 你开心了吧 |
[18:29] | I think she’s lying about getting ideas back here. | 她是不是骗我了 在这儿躲着根本想不出好主意 |
[18:32] | Or did standing back here give me the clarity to see that? | 是不是站在这儿能让我把事情看明白 |
[18:36] | Whoa. | 太厉害了 |
[18:39] | Hey, just poking my head in, seeing if you needed anything. | 我来看看 你需要什么东西不 |
[18:42] | Actually, I could go for… | 我确实想要 |
[18:43] | Yeah, I don’t really care if you need anything. | 好吧 我其实不关心你想要什么 |
[18:45] | This advice thing is really doing a number on me. | 我真想不出什么好建议 |
[18:48] | So, let me try this again. | 所以还是得来问你 |
[18:49] | Hypothetically speaking, | 假设一下 |
[18:52] | if there was someone named Tyler | 如果有个叫泰勒的人 |
[18:54] | who didn’t want to be on the cover of your book | 不想上你的封面 |
[18:56] | but didn’t want to hurt your feelings, what would you advise? | 可又不像上你的感情 你会给出什么建议 |
[18:59] | That you look up the word hypothetically. | 建议你去查查“假设”这词是什么意思 |
[19:02] | – Tyler doesn’t want to be on my book? – Well, let’s focus on the positive. | 泰勒不想上我的封面 对 不过往好处想 |
[19:05] | He came to me for advice. Isn’t that great? | 他来找我问建议了 是不是很棒 |
[19:08] | Tyler, get in here! I want to talk to you! | 泰勒 过来 我想跟你聊聊 |
[19:10] | I was gonna say that! That’s the advice I was gonna give. | 你把我的词抢了 我之前就像给这个建议来着 |
[19:13] | Why didn’t I just go with my gut? | 只应该直接说出来 |
[19:15] | Talk to your father. That’s my advice. | 跟你爸聊聊 这就是我的建议 |
[19:17] | I did that. Plenty more where that came from. Come to me anytime. | 我成功了 而且我还有很多别的好建议 有事随时来找我 |
[19:21] | – Tyler, take a seat. – I’m gonna stay and watch. | 泰勒 请坐吧 我要留下来盯着 |
[19:23] | It was my advice, so I get to. Don’t mess this up, Bennett. | 这是我的建议 所以有责任监督 班尼特 别搞砸了 |
[19:25] | Got a lot riding on it. And that’s the last thing I’m gonna say. | 我可废了不少脑细胞才想出来 我说完了 |
[19:28] | I doubt it. | 不一定 |
[19:31] | Listen, Son, if you don’t want to be on the cover of my book, that’s fine. | 儿子 如果你不想上我的封面 没关系 |
[19:36] | You can always come talk to me. | 直接告诉我就行了 |
[19:37] | My advice. | 我出的建议哦 |
[19:40] | But, Dad, sometimes parents push kids to do things they don’t really want to do. | 可是 爸 有时候父母会强迫孩子做他们不情愿做的事 |
[19:45] | That creates a sense of obligation which can push the father and son apart. | 这样就让孩子产生了束缚感 使父子间产生隔阂 |
[19:49] | That’s from my book. You read my book? | 这是我书里的话 你读过我的书 |
[19:52] | Yeah, I read all your books. | 对 我对过你所有的书 |
[19:55] | – You do? – Of course. | 真的 当然 |
[19:57] | You’re my dad. | 你可是我爸 |
[19:59] | Wow, this means a lot to me, Son. | 哇 这对我来说真是意义重大 儿子 |
[20:03] | Why didn’t you ever mention it? | 你怎么从来没提过 |
[20:05] | ‘Cause I knew you’d get all, “Wow, this means a lot to me, Son.” | 因为我知道你会说 哇 这对我来说真是意义重大 儿子 |
[20:09] | – Did you know I was gonna do this? – Yes. | 你也知道我会这样吗 对 |
[20:12] | This is the best advice anyone has ever given. | 这是有史以来最棒的建议 |
[20:54] | Mm… This jicama is really good. | 这种豆薯真好吃 |
[20:56] | Yeah, finally a vegetable for people who find celery too rich. | 是啊 觉得芹菜太奢侈的人的福音 |
[21:00] | Thanks for letting me take the lead on the snacks tonight. | 谢谢你让我准备今晚的零食 |
[21:03] | It means a lot that you did that. | 对我来说意义重大 |
[21:05] | – Well, friendship is a two-way street. – Yeah. | 友情确实是两个人的事 对 |
[21:08] | But this jicama is terrible. | 可这个豆薯太难吃了 |
[21:10] | Why did I put it in the bag with my wigs? | 我干嘛把它和假发放一起啊 |
[21:16] | Luckily, I brought my just-in-case melon. | 还好我为保险起见 带了西瓜 |
[21:18] | You know, just in case. | 以防出这种事 |
[21:21] | Oh, thank goodness. You’re a good friend. | 太好了 你真是个好朋友 |
[21:24] | I couldn’t imagine us ever not being friends. | 我都不敢想如果咱们不是朋友会怎么样 |
[21:26] | I’m just trying to imagine the movie I can’t hear with all this talking. | 你们说话这么大声 我只能想象电影台词是什么了 |
[21:30] | – Sshh! – Me? | 嘘 嫌我吵 |
[21:33] | I don’t know what happened with Lindsay. | 也不知道琳赛怎么了 |
[21:35] | But it’s for the best. | 可这样最好 |
[21:37] | Avery is the one I really wanted to go with. | 我其实想跟艾芙莉在一起 |
[21:44] | I’m glad that Avery and Lindsay patched things up, | 还好艾芙琳和琳赛和好了 |
[21:46] | and that I was able to help a little. | 我也很高兴能帮上忙 |
[21:48] | My only regret is that unfortunate | 唯一后悔的就是在演讲上 |
[21:50] | howl mishap at the Historical People Pageant. | 的那声嚎叫破音了 |
[21:53] | But I did get a chance to redeem myself | 但我确实在公园放电影时 |
[21:55] | at the movie in the park when I saw the full moon. | 对圆月补叫了两声 |
[22:00] | Schnauzer! Why did I eat so much jicama? | 烦死了 我吃那么多豆薯干吗 |
[22:06] | – Just let me give you some advice! – I don’t need any advice! | 就让我给你点建议吧 我不想要建议 |
[22:10] | – Everyone needs advice! – Not me! | 大家都需要的 我不需要 |
[22:12] | Don’t run on the stairs! Ha! There’s some advice! | 别在楼梯上跑 哈 这就是建议 |
[22:14] | That’s not advice, that’s mothering! | 这不叫建议 这叫唠叨 |
[22:17] | I’m counting it. | 那也算 |
[22:21] | Oh, Mom wants to give advice to feel needed. | 原来老妈想靠给建议来找存在感 |
[22:25] | Thanks, Curtain. | 谢了 窗帘 |