时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Hey, Avery, check this out. | 艾芙莉 快来看看这个 |
[00:08] | I got your Mom this last-minute Christmas gift for tomorrow. | 我在最后时刻给你妈妈买了这个圣诞节礼物 |
[00:10] | It’s a phone case fly zapper. | 这是可以灭虫的手机套 |
[00:12] | This part here zaps the flies. | 用这里来灭虫 |
[00:15] | Good idea. | 好主意啊 |
[00:16] | Give Mom a cheap, unromantic gift that she can literally zap you with. | 给老妈这种便宜又寒酸的礼物 我看你是想让她灭了你吧 |
[00:21] | Plus, knowing your mother, | 对哦 你也知道你妈 |
[00:22] | she’d hold it backwards and zap herself. | 她肯定会反过来拿 把她自己电到 |
[00:26] | Wow, this is a really bad invention. Who would buy this? | 这可真是个烂发明 谁会买这种东西啊 |
[00:32] | Hey, hon. | 你好啊 亲爱的 |
[00:33] | Hey, what’s wrong? | 发生了什么事吗 |
[00:36] | I just got off the phone. It’s… it’s my sister. | 我刚刚接了个电话 是 是我妹妹打过来的 |
[00:39] | Oh, no. Did something happen to her? | 噢 不 她怎么了吗 |
[00:41] | Apparently she was on the first leg of her holiday trip and… | 她才刚准备开始她的假期旅行 然后 |
[00:44] | I can’t even say it. | 我说不出口 |
[00:46] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[00:48] | Her connecting flight to Hawaii has been | 她去夏威夷的中转航班延误了六小时 |
[00:50] | delayed six hours, so she wants to come visit. | 所以她想顺路来看看我们 |
[00:53] | Oh, my gosh. Ellen, I am so sorry. | 噢天哪 艾伦 我也很难过 |
[00:56] | Listen, we will get through this somehow. | 听着 我们一定能熬过这一关的 |
[00:59] | You always think she’s gonna visit somebody else… never you. | 总以为她会找别人 从没想过她会找上我 |
[01:03] | What’s so bad about Aunt Sigourney? | 西格妮小姨很可怕吗 |
[01:05] | I barely know her. | 我不怎么了解她 |
[01:06] | I’ve kind of made an effort to keep her out of my life. | 我已经很努力地想把她挤出我的生活了 |
[01:09] | Have you ever known anyone | 你有没有见过 |
[01:10] | who was just better than you at everything? | 一个什么方面都比你优秀的人 |
[01:11] | No. Honestly, it’s hard to even picture. | 没有 老实说 很难想象会有比我还优秀的人 |
[01:15] | It wouldn’t be so bad if she weren’t so snarky about it. | 她要是不那么刻薄我都不会觉得那么难过 |
[01:18] | The first time she saw you, | 她见你的第一眼 |
[01:19] | she said you looked like a capuchin monkey. | 就说你像个卷尾猴 |
[01:21] | – I had to protect you from hearing that. – And yet you didn’t. | -我还得小心 不让你听见 -很明显你没那么做 |
[01:25] | Her life is just so together and perfect. | 她的人生是那么的完美无瑕 |
[01:28] | Especially compared to her plain, old, ordinary big sister. | 尤其是和她那个平淡无奇年老色衰的姐姐相比 |
[01:33] | No one’s gonna jump in and say, you’re not plain and ordinary? | 难道没人跑出来安慰我一下说“你不平凡普通”吗 |
[01:35] | – Oh, you’re not plain. – You’re not ordinary. | -哦 你一点不平凡啊 -你也不普通啦 |
[01:37] | Too late! | 已经太迟了 |
[01:39] | Every time we see each other, | 每次我们见面 |
[01:40] | she zeroes in on how I’m a bad housekeeper… | 她都要针对我 说我不会当家 |
[01:43] | Unsophisticated, unworldly. | 头脑简单 与世隔绝 |
[01:46] | Jump in any time. | 快出来夸我一下啊 |
[01:47] | I’m purposely speaking slowly to give you a chance. | 我讲的这么慢就是故意要给你们机会啊 |
[01:51] | – You’re not worldly. – The house is a little cluttered. | -你一点也不与世隔绝啦 -这间房子确实是有点乱 |
[01:54] | Too late! | 太迟了 |
[01:56] | Point is… | 重点是 |
[01:57] | she picks on everything that’s wrong with me until I cry. | 她会揪出我身上任何一个小缺点 直到我哭着喊停 |
[01:59] | It’s like a sport to her, and making me cry is how she wins. | 这就像是她的一项健身运动 我的泪水就是她胜利的象征 |
[02:02] | And now she’ll be visiting us, and that leaves me one option! | 而现在 她居然说要来拜访我们 我只剩下一条路可走了 |
[02:05] | That’s right! You can resolve that this year, | 没错 你要决心在这一年里 |
[02:07] | you are not gonna let her get to you! | 不会再输给她 |
[02:09] | You are gonna be proud of your life and who you are. | 你会对你和你的人生感到光荣和骄傲 |
[02:11] | Okay, I have two options. | 好吧 我还是有两条路的 |
[02:13] | And yours is probably setting a better example than | 你说的那条大概就是当一个好榜样 |
[02:15] | jumping in the car and driving till I run out of gas. | 而我选择的那条是跳进车里 一直开到没气为止 |
[02:17] | Even if you had jumped in the car, you could’ve stopped for gas. | 就算你真的跳进车里 你也可以停下来加油的 |
[02:20] | – That’s not the point… – There’s like a dozen stations… | -这不是重点好吗 -路上有很多加油站的 |
[02:22] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[02:24] | Maybe this year can be different. | 可能今年会不一样呢 |
[02:26] | Maybe this year, you won’t cry and you can win. | 可能今年 你不会被她逼哭 你可能会赢呢 |
[02:29] | It’s not about trying to win. | 这不是想赢的问题 |
[02:31] | It’s about accepting that family relationships… | 而是要接受这种家庭关系 |
[02:33] | Quiet, Bennet. Avery’s telling me I can win. | 别吵 班尼特 艾芙莉在鼓励我能赢呢 |
[02:35] | And how exactly would that work Sweetie? | 我该怎么做呢亲爱的 |
[02:37] | You can get through the few hours that she’s here without crying. | 你可以在她来的这几小时里忍住不哭啊 |
[02:40] | I mean, it would be like a marathon runner finishing a race. | 这就跟马拉松选手完成了长跑一样 |
[02:43] | Like a boxer going the distance. | 就像拳击手坚持着不倒下一样 |
[02:45] | But I don’t like running, | 可是我不喜欢跑步 |
[02:46] | punching, or being criticized by my sister. | 打人 抑或被我妹妹挖苦 |
[02:48] | They all make me cry. | 这些事情都让我想要泪流满面啊 |
[02:49] | Then we won’t give her anything to criticize. | 那我们就不会给她挖苦你的机会 |
[02:52] | She’ll see us having a perfect Christmas. | 她会看见我们在过一个完美的圣诞节 |
[02:54] | I can help you pull this off, Mom. | 我能帮你赢这一战的 妈妈 |
[02:56] | It’ll be my Christmas gift to you. | 这就是我给你的圣诞节礼物 |
[02:58] | Oh, thank you Avery. That’s so sweet. | 哦 谢谢你 艾芙莉 这真体贴 |
[03:00] | It is sweeter than the hug bucks I get every year from Tyler. | 比泰勒每年送我的抱抱券体贴多了 |
[03:04] | Mom, we can do this. | 妈妈 我们能做到的 |
[03:06] | All we have to do is make sure there are no surprises. | 我们只要确保不会出什么意外就好 |
[03:09] | Come on in, Sparky. | 进来吧 斯巴奇 |
[03:11] | I couldn’t let a stray, high-strung, untrained dog | 我可不能让一只不安又没受过训练的流浪狗 |
[03:13] | spend Christmas out on the street. | 在圣诞节流浪街头 |
[03:17] | So, Sparky is here for Christmas. | 所以 斯巴奇也要来这里过圣诞节 |
[03:20] | My first Christmas here last year meant so much to me. | 去年我在这里度过的第一个圣诞节对我来说实在是太重要了 |
[03:24] | I just want to give that gift to someone else. | 我想把这种感动传递出去 |
[03:27] | Okay, Sparky. Now press send. | 好了 斯巴奇 按发送键 |
[03:31] | Are you not doing it because you don’t understand, | 你不肯这么做的原因 是你没听懂 |
[03:34] | or because you don’t think it’s good enough? | 还是你觉得我写的不够好 |
[03:40] | Delete. Well, that couldn’t be clearer. | 删除 好吧 真是明确 |
[03:43] | Or more hurtful. | 也真是伤人 |
[04:04] | Come on people. Aunt Sigourney will be here any minute and | 加油啊各位 西格妮小姨马上就要到了 |
[04:07] | we’ve got a lot to do to make Christmas look perfect. | 我们得把圣诞节装饰得更完美才行 |
[04:10] | No, Chloe, your homemade hot dog ornament is extra-special, | 不 克洛伊 你的手制热狗装饰太特别了 |
[04:14] | so it goes on the back of the tree so it won’t break. | 所以我们要把它放到树的后面去 防止它破掉 |
[04:17] | That’s believable. | 真是有说服力 |
[04:20] | Some fourth-graders are teaching me sarcasm. | 有些四年级生在教我说反语 |
[04:22] | It’s where you say one thing but mean the opposite. | 就是你说了什么 但是你想说的其实是相反的意思 |
[04:25] | You are such a smart girl. | 你真是个聪明的女孩 |
[04:28] | That means a lot coming from you. | 这句话从你嘴里说出口还真是意味深长哦 |
[04:31] | Chloe! | 克洛伊 |
[04:32] | No, I really meant that. | 不 我说的都是真心的 |
[04:34] | Wow, sarcasm really has a hold of me. | 哇 我好像真的掌握了反语讽刺啊 |
[04:37] | Tyler, what are Chloe’s dolls doing in Santa’s Village? | 泰勒 克洛伊的玩偶怎么也在圣诞村庄里 |
[04:41] | Because the Santa I believe in is a player. | 因为我心中的圣诞老人也是个花花公子 |
[04:44] | He knows who’s naughty or nice. | 他知道谁淘气 谁善良 |
[04:47] | All right. For the next two hours, | 好吧 接下来的两小时里 |
[04:48] | I need to stop having to give reasons for things. | 我不能再给每件事都解释一遍了 |
[04:51] | Whatever it is, | 无论发生了什么 |
[04:52] | just trust that I thought it through and that I’m right. | 你们都要相信我是认真想过的 而且 我是正确的 |
[04:53] | – How is that different from any other day? – It shouldn’t be. | -这跟你平时的样子有什么区别吗 -也不应该有区别 |
[04:57] | And if that’s gonna be your attitude, | 如果你是这种态度 |
[04:59] | maybe you shouldn’t be a part of this. | 那你就不应该参与这个活动 |
[05:00] | Ooh, I can’t help decorate for Christmas? | 哦 我不能帮忙准备圣诞装饰吗 |
[05:03] | I can’t fuss over what ornament goes where? | 不能关心一下装饰品放在哪里吗 |
[05:06] | This is a teenage boy’s worst nightmare! | 这真是少年最可怕的噩梦 |
[05:10] | Avery, Tyler’s really upset. | 艾芙莉 泰勒真的很沮丧 |
[05:13] | No, he isn’t. I thought you learned sarcasm. | 不 他才不会呢 你是不是还在练习说反语啊 |
[05:15] | I just speak it. I don’t understand it. | 我只是说说而已 我又不懂这是什么意思 |
[05:19] | Okay, Aunt Sigourney’s going to be here soon. | 好吧 西格妮姨妈就要来了 |
[05:21] | I just need some way to snap myself out of it if I start to cry. | 我要找到一个能让我控制着不哭出来的方法 |
[05:24] | Oh, I could step on my foot. | 哦 我可以踩我的脚 |
[05:30] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[05:31] | I accidentally activated my good king wences-socks. | 我不小心踩响了我的欢乐圣诞节长袜 |
[05:37] | Okay, if you don’t want her to criticize you, | 好吧 如果你不想让她挖苦你 |
[05:39] | take those off immediately. | 你现在就得把这袜子给脱了 |
[05:41] | And if you want to snap yourself out of crying, | 如果你想控制着不哭出来 |
[05:43] | try the gift dad got you. | 爸爸打算送你的礼物可能会有用 |
[05:45] | What does this do? Aah! | 这是干嘛的 啊 |
[05:47] | Ooh, that’ll do nicely. | 哦 这玩意挺有用的哦 |
[05:53] | So that’s the bathroom. | 那就是浴室 |
[05:54] | Although for some reason the people all go inside the house. | 虽然人们一般都会进房间里洗 |
[05:58] | What animals. | 真是麻烦的动物啊 |
[06:00] | Did you just track mud in here? | 你把地板弄脏了吗 |
[06:02] | Well, that is not gonna help me get the kids on board. | 这对我说服孩子们收养你可是毫无好处啊 |
[06:05] | You better wait here while | 看来在我介绍你之前 |
[06:08] | I tell them about you. Practice looking cute. | 你最好先在这里待着 先练习怎样卖萌 |
[06:11] | That’s not bad, but you gotta work with your paws. | 还不错 不过你最好再用上爪子 |
[06:14] | You’re leaving a lot of cute on the table. | 在桌子上也要会卖萌啊 |
[06:17] | Thusly. | 就是这样 |
[06:24] | Just so you know, the | 不试不知道 |
[06:25] | gingerbread ornament is not made of gingerbread. | 原来姜饼人装饰不是用姜饼做的 |
[06:27] | I hear what you’re saying, but I have a feeling I’m | 虽然我听见你说什么了 不过我觉得 |
[06:30] | going to have to learn that lesson for myself. | 我还是要自己尝试一下 |
[06:33] | Listen, there’s something I want to tell you guys… | 听着 我有事想跟你们说 |
[06:35] | There’s something I need to tell you, too… | 我也有事想跟你说 |
[06:37] | Aunt Sigourney’s coming over and Avery’s on one | 西格妮姨妈就要来了 |
[06:39] | of her crazy missions to make everything perfect. | 艾芙莉沉醉在她那把一切变得完美的使命中 |
[06:42] | Like I’m not already perfect. | 不过我早就是完美的啦 |
[06:45] | Still not gingerbread, but it’s softening. | 仍然不是姜饼 不过变软了 |
[06:48] | Anyway, you may want to steer clear of Avery | 还有 如果你还想要有一点狗狗乐趣的话 |
[06:50] | with any of your little doggy surprises. | 最好避开艾芙莉 |
[06:51] | Whoa. Wait a minute, | 等等 |
[06:53] | are you saying no little surprises from me as a doggy, | 你是说 我不能有作为狗狗的小乐趣 |
[06:55] | or no surprises involving a little doggy? | 还是这些乐趣里面不能含有小狗狗 |
[06:58] | Because those are two very different things. | 这可是两样不同的东西哦 |
[07:01] | Both, and what are you even talking about? | 两个都算吧 不过你到底在说什么 |
[07:04] | Ha-ha! Who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[07:06] | I just got into some weird trash out back. I’m a little loopy. | 我刚刚闯进了一堆奇怪的垃圾里 现在有点昏头昏脑的了 |
[07:15] | Okay, new plan. | 好吧 我有新计划 |
[07:17] | We hide you out here in | 我要把你藏到衣柜里 |
[07:18] | the coat closet until Aunt Sigourney’s gone. | 一直到西格妮姨妈离开 |
[07:20] | But don’t worry, we’ll make it nice and Christmassy. | 别担心 我会把它装饰得漂亮又充满圣诞气氛的 |
[07:25] | Voila! | 嗒哒 |
[07:28] | You want to sing some carols? | 想唱首圣诞颂歌吗 |
[07:30] | Deck the hall closet with boughs of holly. | 用冬青树枝装点客厅 |
[07:37] | Oh, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have assumed. | 哦对不起 我应该想到的 |
[07:42] | Hanukkah, oh Hanukkah. | 光明节 噢 光明节 |
[07:44] | Hanukkah, oh Hanukkah. | 光明节 噢 光明节 |
[07:46] | This sounds just like O Tannenbaum. | 这听起来像是德语歌曲“噢 圣诞树” |
[07:54] | We’re home! | 我们到家了 |
[07:56] | Aunt Sigourney. Hyper-critical, insensitive, and better than you. | 西格妮姨妈 吹毛求疵第一名 敏感多疑 永远比你强 |
[08:00] | And that’s from her online dating profile. | 以上信息来源于她的网上交友资料 |
[08:03] | So I said to the flight attendant, | 然后我就跟空姐说 |
[08:05] | I don’t care if you are pregnant. | 我才不管你是不是怀孕了呢 |
[08:07] | Waddle back to the galley and warm up my cookie. | 快去厨房里给我的曲奇饼加热 |
[08:11] | Anyone? | 有人吗 |
[08:12] | And then, of course, she starts crying, | 然后 对啊 她就开始哭了 |
[08:14] | which made her even slower. | 做得比我骂她之前还慢 |
[08:16] | Please? | 拜托你们出来 |
[08:19] | – Sig! – El! | -妮妮 -艾艾 |
[08:23] | – You look great. – And you… look at you! | -你看起来真不错 -你也 看看你 |
[08:28] | – Aunt Sigourney, hi. – Hi… | -你好 西格妮姨妈 -你好 |
[08:32] | Monkey! | 小猴子 |
[08:35] | And isn’t my Mom’s outfit great? It’s just like yours. | 我妈妈身上这套不错吧 和你穿的真像呢 |
[08:39] | Oh, the knock-offs are out already? | 哦 这么快就有山寨货卖了吗 |
[08:43] | Ooh, that’s the stuff. | 哦 真管用 |
[08:45] | You know, I should really take off my shoes. | 哦 我真应该把鞋子脱了 |
[08:47] | Oh, don’t worry about the floor. | 哦 别担心弄脏地板 |
[08:49] | I’m not, I’m worried about my shoes. | 我没有啊 我只是在担心我的鞋子而已 |
[08:53] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[08:55] | I slipped in some mud. | 地板上的泥居然让我滑倒了 |
[08:58] | It was my own fault. | 是我的错 |
[08:59] | For assuming there wouldn’t be mud on your kitchen floor. | 我以为你的厨房不会有泥土 |
[09:03] | But don’t worry. | 不过没事 |
[09:04] | I’m sure you’re far more humiliated than I am hurt. | 比起我滑倒 我觉得你受的屈辱要多得多 |
[09:14] | If she leaves now and I didn’t cry, I win, right? | 如果她现在走了 我忍住没哭 我就赢了对吧 |
[09:17] | You sure you’re okay? | 你确定你没事吗 |
[09:18] | Bennett could drive you to the emergency room | 班尼特可以开车送你去急诊室 |
[09:20] | and then off to the airport. | 然后再送你回机场 |
[09:21] | Please don’t make him. | 请不要使唤班尼特 |
[09:23] | Oh, I know that feeling. | 噢 我知道应该怎么做 |
[09:26] | When my back goes out like this, | 我的背扭到的时候 |
[09:27] | my doctor says that I should stay off my feet. | 医生叫我要好好休息双脚 |
[09:30] | I’m going to have to cancel | 我要取消我去夏威夷的那班机票 |
[09:31] | Hawaii and spend the next three days here. | 然后在这里待三天 |
[09:37] | Man, this thing drains your battery. | 天哪 这玩意儿真耗电 |
[09:45] | See, Sigourney? | 看见了吗 西格妮 |
[09:46] | I put this on wheels so we can push you around. | 我给这个装了轮子 这样我们就能带你到处走了 |
[09:48] | I made this just for you. | 这可都是为你量身定做的哦 |
[09:49] | It’s more than just a gurney, it’s a Sig-gurney. | 这可不是一个普通的轮床 这是西格轮床 |
[09:55] | You’re funny. | 你真有趣 |
[09:57] | That must be why you and Ellen get along so well. | 我总算知道你和艾伦为什么这么合拍了 |
[09:59] | She’s always had the sense of humor. | 她也很有幽默感 |
[10:02] | Well, she had to because I had the looks and the brains. | 不过 我抢走了美貌和智慧的基因 她也就只剩下幽默感了 |
[10:07] | Nope, still charging. Avery, | 不行 还在充电呢 艾芙莉 |
[10:09] | can I speak to you outside for a moment? | 我能跟你出去谈谈吗 |
[10:14] | I can’t do this. | 我做不来 |
[10:15] | I was mentally prepared not to cry for a few hours, | 我只做好了几小时不哭的心理准备 |
[10:18] | not three days. | 不是三天 |
[10:20] | There’s something I’ve been hiding from you… | 我一直对你隐藏了点事 |
[10:23] | I can be a little emotional. | 我是个很情绪化的人 |
[10:25] | You think you’ve been hiding that? | 你觉得你一直隐藏着吗 |
[10:29] | I can’t hold it together for three days, | 我忍不了三天那么久啊 |
[10:31] | Avery, you saw how she was in there. | 艾芙莉 你也看见她有多难相处了 |
[10:33] | Pushing my buttons, and then adding insult to injury | 故意惹我生气 更糟糕的是 |
[10:36] | by slipping in the mud on my floor. | 她还在地板上被泥土滑倒了 |
[10:38] | I’m sure Stan tracked that into the house. | 我敢肯定是斯坦把泥土带进来的 |
[10:41] | I’ll make sure he doesn’t mess anything else up. | 我会确保它不把其他事情弄糟 |
[10:43] | I told you my present is to make things so great | 我向你保证过 我给你的圣诞节礼物 |
[10:46] | she’ll have nothing to criticize, and you won’t cry. | 是保证一切都无可挑剔 她揪不出你的毛病 你也不会哭 |
[10:49] | Come on, say it with me; We will win. | 来 跟我说 我们赢定了 |
[10:52] | – We will win. – Come on! | -我们赢定了 -有点斗志嘛 |
[10:54] | Say it with all that emotion you’re full of. | 把你那些情绪都用上 |
[10:55] | – That emotion is usually negative. – Mom! | -那些可都是消极情绪啊 -妈妈 |
[10:59] | We will win! | 我们赢定了 |
[11:02] | We will win! | 我们赢定了 |
[11:06] | How can they be celebrating when I’m in here injured? | 我都受伤了他们怎么还能在外面庆祝啊 |
[11:10] | It may look like they’re having fun, | 看起来可能像是他们在庆祝 |
[11:13] | but those are jumps of concern. | 但是他们跳都是在给你祈祷呢 |
[11:18] | Oh, split-level doghouse. | 噢 错层式狗屋 |
[11:21] | Yeah, that’s expensive. But I could rent out the second story. | 真贵 不过我可以把二层出租啊 |
[11:27] | He’s in here. | 他在这里 |
[11:29] | Avery sent us to talk to you. | 艾芙莉派我们来跟你谈谈 |
[11:31] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[11:33] | I told you Aunt Sigourney was | 我跟你说过西格妮姨妈就要来了 |
[11:34] | coming and we needed everything to be perfect. | 我们要确保一切进行顺利 |
[11:37] | Then you tracked mud in the house! | 你却踩了一屋子的泥脚印 |
[11:38] | That’s right I did it. Nobody else did it. | 是我做的没错 没人能做了 |
[11:40] | No other dog in this house. I take full responsibility. | 这屋子里只有我一只狗狗 我会承担全部责任的 |
[11:44] | There’s a small dog licking my haunches, isn’t there? | 是不是有只小狗在舔我的屁屁啊 |
[11:48] | He’s so cute. | 真可爱 |
[11:50] | Where did he come from? | 他是哪里来的 |
[11:51] | I took in a stray for Christmas and he got out. | 我把这只流浪狗接回来过圣诞节 但是他老是到处跑 |
[11:54] | What’s your name, little guy? | 你叫什么 小家伙 |
[11:56] | My name’s Sparky. | 我叫斯巴奇 |
[11:58] | Naw, I’m just kidding, he doesn’t talk. | 不是啦 我开玩笑的 他不会说话 |
[12:01] | Look, I’m sorry he tracked in the mud. | 好吧 对于他弄脏屋子的事情 我也很抱歉 |
[12:03] | Please don’t tell anybody about him. | 拜托你们 不要告诉别人 |
[12:05] | They’ll never let him stay | 他们肯定不会留下他的 |
[12:06] | with this whole Aunt Sigourney thing going on. | 尤其是西格妮姨妈还在这里 |
[12:08] | We can’t put him out alone on Christmas. | 我们不能让他孤孤单单地过圣诞节啊 |
[12:11] | Then I guess we have to keep Sparky a secret. | 那样的话 我们就得为斯巴奇保密了 |
[12:14] | It shouldn’t be too hard for | 应该不会有问题的 |
[12:15] | the three of us to keep an eye on one little… | 难道我们仨还保护不了一只小小的 |
[12:19] | – Seriously? – Don’t feel bad. | -什么情况 -别难过 |
[12:21] | I’ve lost tons of lizards and rats and snakes in this house. | 在这栋房子里 我已经丢过很多蜥蜴 老鼠和蛇了 |
[12:24] | – What? – What? | -什么 -什么 |
[12:35] | Mmm. Mom, the cookies taste great, everything looks perfect. | 妈妈 这个曲奇饼真好吃 一切都如此完美 |
[12:39] | Aunt Sigourney will have nothing to criticize. | 西格妮姨妈一定找不出一点毛病的 |
[12:42] | You will make it through without crying. | 你肯定能不哭着熬过来 |
[12:43] | It’s so beautiful you helping me like this. | 你这么支持我 我真的觉得很开心 |
[12:46] | Tears of joy still count. | 就算是喜极而泣也算是哭哦 |
[12:49] | Here, it’s fully charged. | 来 已经充好电了 |
[12:51] | Ooh, you upped the juice. | 噢 这个力度果然更有效 |
[12:54] | Hey, dad, why don’t you bring Aunt Sigourney in | 老爸 你怎么不把西格妮姨妈带进来 |
[12:56] | here to enjoy the wonderful Christmas decorations? | 享受一下这些漂亮的圣诞装饰 |
[12:59] | So he kept begging, you’re the most fascinating, | 然后他就一直求我 你是这世界上我见到过的 |
[13:02] | beautiful girl that I’ve ever met. | 最迷人 最漂亮的女孩子了 |
[13:04] | Would you go to this thing with me tonight? | 你今晚能陪我一起去吗 |
[13:06] | Until finally I said yes. | 直到最后我同意为止 |
[13:09] | What are you guys talking about? | 你们在聊些什么 |
[13:10] | I was just telling him about | 我只是在跟他说 |
[13:12] | the night that your prom date came to pick you up. | 那晚你舞伴来家里接你去舞会的事情 |
[13:15] | Hmm. So, Aunt Sigourney, do | 那么 西格妮小姨 |
[13:16] | you like the way my Mom decorated for Christmas? | 你喜欢我妈妈做的圣诞装饰吗 |
[13:19] | It’s pretty perfect, huh? | 挺完美的 对吧 |
[13:21] | It’s very nice. | 很好看啊 |
[13:23] | Way to go, Mom, you just went to her prom! | 做得好 老妈 你去了她的舞会 |
[13:27] | I actually did, I chaperoned. | 我的确去了 我护送她去的 |
[13:30] | Here, Aunt Sigourney, try one of these Christmas cookies. | 来 西格妮姨妈 尝尝这些圣诞节饼干 |
[13:33] | My Mom made them. | 是我妈做的哦 |
[13:35] | Yes, yes, I did. I totally made them. | 对啊 是我做的 都是我做的哦 |
[13:38] | – What kind are they? – Chocolate. | -这是什么饼干 -巧克力饼 |
[13:40] | Ginger-wafer-snap-doodles. | 姜饼 威化饼 脆饼 糖饼 |
[13:46] | I saw Sparky come this way. | 我刚刚看到斯巴奇往这边来了 |
[13:48] | We gotta find him before they do or they’ll kick him out. | 我们得在他们发现之前找到他 不然他就会被赶走了 |
[13:50] | Guys, we’ve been entertaining Aunt Sigourney. | 伙计们 我们都在忙着和西格妮姨妈玩呢 |
[13:53] | – Where have you been? – Looking for the little dog. | -你们都去哪儿了 -我们在找小狗 |
[13:56] | Uh, our little dog. Stan. | 我是说 我们的小狗狗 斯坦 |
[13:58] | I called him little because I’m practicing for when I get bigger. | 我在为以后做准备呢 长大后我就可以叫他小狗狗了 |
[14:02] | I am gonna grow. | 我很快就会长大的 |
[14:05] | She’s not getting any smaller, that’s for sure. | 至少她不会变小 这是肯定的 |
[14:08] | Sig, you remember the kids from the wedding. | 妮妮 你还记得婚礼上的这两个小孩吧 |
[14:10] | Taylor, Cleo, hello. | 特勒 克洛 你们好啊 |
[14:14] | Those aren’t our names. | 我们不叫这个 |
[14:15] | Then no, no. I don’t remember them. | 那好吧 我不记得他们了 |
[14:22] | Sparky! | 斯巴奇 |
[14:23] | What? Has my shoe been chewed up? | 什么 我的鞋子被咬了吗 |
[14:27] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[14:31] | Is this behavior normal? | 这是正常的举动吗 |
[14:33] | Well, in child psychology there is no normal behavior. | 呃 在儿童心理学里面 没有什么是正常的举动 |
[14:38] | But no. | 不过还是不正常 |
[14:45] | Merry Christmas. Oh, here, have a Tyler hug buck. | 圣诞节快乐 噢 来 给您泰勒抱抱券 |
[14:50] | In fact, have a few. | 要多少张都行 |
[14:51] | Yeah, I’m making it rain. | 对啊 甚至来一场抱抱券雨都行 |
[14:56] | Who’s Tyler? | 泰勒是谁 |
[15:03] | No wonder little Cleo eats shoes. | 怪不得小克洛得吃鞋子了 |
[15:08] | There! | 他在那儿 |
[15:13] | Over there! | 就在那里 |
[15:21] | Ellen, this must be so humiliating for you. | 艾伦 你的屈辱史又有新记录了 |
[15:31] | Stan, how could you bring a stray into the house? | 斯坦 你怎么可以把一只流浪狗带回家 |
[15:34] | Aunt Sigourney could have been seriously, | 西格妮姨妈或许会很严重地 |
[15:37] | albeit comedically, hurt. | 虽然也极具喜感地 受伤啊 |
[15:38] | So could my hot dog ornament. | 我的热狗装饰也会受伤的 |
[15:40] | Thanks, Avery, for keeping it safe on the back of the tree. | 谢谢啦 艾芙莉 是你让我挂在后面 才保护好了它 |
[15:43] | It’s like you knew. | 就像是你事先知道了一样 |
[15:46] | It’s Christmas. | 圣诞节就要到了 |
[15:47] | I couldn’t leave Sparky in the merciless sunny Pasadena winter. | 我不能把斯巴奇留在帕萨迪纳那无情的阳光冬日之中 |
[15:51] | Avery, don’t make him spend Christmas all alone. | 艾芙莉 求你别让他自己过圣诞节 |
[15:53] | Yeah. We were gonna have our own little celebration. | 对啊 我们自己也会有小小的庆祝典礼 |
[15:58] | Well, that’s very sweet, Stan. | 真温馨 斯坦 |
[16:00] | I was looking for a squirrel head tree topper. | 我还在找一个松鼠头来当树顶装饰呢 |
[16:02] | But the day before Christmas, it’s almost impossible to find. | 但是明天就到圣诞节了 看来不太可能找到了 |
[16:07] | And no one should spend Christmas alone. | 而且 谁都不应该孤单地过圣诞 |
[16:10] | But, Sparky, you can’t stay on the loose in here. | 但是 斯巴奇 你不能就这样散漫地待在这里 |
[16:13] | All right, Sparky will be safe in here with all the air holes | 这样一来 有这么多个气孔 |
[16:16] | and won’t be able to get in any more trouble. | 斯巴奇就能够安全地待着 而且不会惹出麻烦了 |
[16:18] | We’ll unwrap him and celebrate | 等到西格妮姨妈睡觉 |
[16:19] | with him once Aunt Sigourney goes to bed. | 我们就能放他出来 和他一起庆祝圣诞节了 |
[16:24] | Shouldn’t this be under the tree? | 这应该放在圣诞树下吧 |
[16:29] | It’s all wet on the bottom. | 底下全湿了 |
[16:32] | Avery must got me that cologne | 一定是艾芙莉给我买了那支我想要的古龙香水 |
[16:35] | gift set I wanted and some of it’s leaking. Hmm. | 看来香水都洒出来了 |
[16:44] | Mmm, musky. | 麝香味 |
[16:52] | All right, you’re hanging in there. | 好的 你坚持住了 |
[16:54] | I don’t know how you didn’t cry after Aunt Sigourney was hurled violently, | 真不知道西格妮姨妈暴力而喜感地栽进圣诞树里的时候 |
[16:57] | albeit comedically, into the Christmas Tree. | 你是怎么忍住不哭的 |
[17:01] | But if this dinner goes perfectly, | 不过 如果晚餐能够顺利进行的话 |
[17:03] | I know we can make it through this whole holiday. | 我们就一定能撑过这整个假期 |
[17:06] | Well, she seems okay. | 她看起来还不错 |
[17:08] | She’s having fun telling | 她很享受 |
[17:09] | stories about the time she stole your haircut. | 到处说她偷走你头发的光荣事迹 |
[17:12] | She cut off my bangs in the | 她半夜悄悄地剪掉我的刘海 |
[17:13] | middle of the night and glued them to her forehead. | 然后贴到她的额头上 |
[17:17] | And she looked good! | 而且还很好看 |
[17:19] | Well, the worst is behind us. Mom is still standing. | 哦 最恶劣的日子也已经过去了 妈妈还好好的呢 |
[17:22] | And it’s smooth sailing from here on. | 从此以后 一切都会变得顺利起来的 |
[17:24] | Starting with the Christmas dinner Mom cooked. | 就从老妈做的圣诞晚餐开始 |
[17:29] | I’m just amazed you found a caterer at the last minute. | 你怎么能在这种紧要关头准备这么多食物 |
[17:31] | Actually, I set this up right after Thanksgiving. | 事实上我感恩节刚过就已经开始准备了 |
[17:33] | – Really? When? – Like right after. | -真的吗 什么时候 -就是刚过感恩节的时候啊 |
[17:36] | While we were still in the emergency room. | 我们还在急诊室的时候 |
[17:38] | Well, thank you. And sorry again about Thanksgiving. | 好吧 谢谢你 我再次对感恩节发生的事情表示抱歉 |
[17:41] | – It’s fine. – It’s behind us. | -没事 -都过去了 |
[17:44] | Well, there’s no way Aunt Sigourney could criticize this dinner. | 总之 西格妮姨妈是不会在这顿晚餐里找到的把柄的 |
[17:48] | I know. I don’t think I’m gonna cry. | 我知道 我应该不会哭的 |
[17:50] | In fact… do you think… naw, forget it. | 事实上 你觉得 算了 当我没说 |
[17:53] | What? | 怎么了 |
[17:54] | Maybe this time, I could make her cry. | 搞不好这一回 我能让她哭出来 |
[17:56] | Christmas is a time of miracles. | 圣诞节是充满奇迹的节日 |
[18:07] | Ellen, this carrot soup is actually pretty good, | 艾伦 这个萝卜汤真不错 |
[18:10] | I’m getting a lot of flavor. | 我尝到了很多种味道 |
[18:11] | Some of it is from the | 虽然我吃到了 |
[18:12] | pine needles and tree sap in my mouth, but… | 奇怪的松针和树脂味 不过 |
[18:14] | I’m getting a little carrot, too, so… | 我还能吃到一点萝卜 |
[18:17] | Kudos, really. | 还不错 真的 |
[18:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:22] | Did you hear that? I got a compliment out of her. | 听到没 她夸我了 |
[18:23] | It was couched in three insults and was for | 虽然这称赞包含了三种侮辱 |
[18:25] | something I didn’t really do, but I’ll take it. | 而且她夸的还是我没做的事 不过我还是会接受的 |
[18:28] | I’m tasting the pine needles, too. | 我也吃到了松针味 |
[18:30] | That’s because Mom bumped | 那是因为妈妈把汤端过来的时候 |
[18:32] | into the tree carrying the soup to the table. | 一头撞进了圣诞树里 |
[18:34] | She ruined catered food. | 她居然连做好的食物都能搞砸 |
[18:37] | Shh! Aunt Sigourney doesn’t know. | 小声点 西格妮姨妈还不知道呢 |
[18:40] | She likes it. | 她喜欢这汤 |
[18:41] | Just pull the pine needles out of your soup and be quiet! | 把松针从汤里面拿出来就好了嘛 别说话 |
[18:44] | Oh, and, this isn’t a tomato. | 哦 温馨提示 这不是西红柿 |
[18:47] | Who’s ready for turkey? | 准备好吃火鸡了吗 |
[18:52] | Wait till you taste it. | 没尝过的都别出声 |
[18:54] | Mom made the stuffing from | 妈妈做的火鸡馅 |
[18:55] | a recipe she came up with herself on the fly. | 可是根据她百忙中自创的独家食谱精心炮制的哦 |
[18:57] | My secret is torn bread and love. | 秘方是碎面包和浓浓的爱 |
[19:00] | Corn bread and love. | 玉米面包和浓浓的爱 |
[19:03] | I just wanted to say before the main course that… | 在享用主菜之前我有几句话想说 |
[19:06] | Well, this family, | 呃 在这个圣诞节 |
[19:08] | coming together like this on Christmas, it’s very… | 我们家人都团聚在一起 真是 |
[19:12] | – It’s moving. – Thank you. | -真是让人感动 -谢谢 |
[19:15] | No, I mean it’s moving! | 不 我是说 火鸡在动 |
[19:25] | Sparky! | 斯巴奇 |
[19:27] | You know this dog? | 你见过这只狗狗 |
[19:29] | – He’s a stray. – And it was Christmas. | -他是只流浪狗 -今天是圣诞节 |
[19:32] | Ellen, they did say you made the stuffing. Now I believe it. | 艾伦 他们说是你做的火鸡馅 现在我相信了 |
[19:38] | Mom, no, don’t cry. You’ve come too far. | 妈妈 不 别哭 你都坚持了这么久了 |
[19:46] | What is so funny? Everything’s been awful, dinner is ruined… | 有什么好笑的 一切都变得这么糟糕 晚餐也搞砸了 |
[19:51] | I’m almost crying. | 我都快哭了 |
[19:52] | It’s just so funny! | 太好笑了 |
[19:54] | Us trying to pretend we have perfect Christmases. | 我们装着我们的圣诞节过得很完美一样 |
[19:57] | We don’t. We have kids | 但并不是这样 我们家有熊孩子们 |
[19:59] | and dogs and last-minute scrambling, and… | 有奇怪的狗狗 有紧要关头才出现的混乱 |
[20:03] | Bennett with his cheap, unromantic gifts and my awful cooking. | 还有班尼特和他那份便宜又寒酸的礼物 还有我的黑暗料理 |
[20:07] | Christmas around here is | 我家的圣诞节真是一团糟 |
[20:09] | a big loud mess and I love that about it. | 但是 我就是深爱着这一切 |
[20:12] | Anyway, we must be doing something right, | 无论如何 我们肯定有一件事没做错 |
[20:14] | because I’ve got kids who | 因为我有一群 |
[20:15] | will take in stray dogs for the holidays. | 会把流浪狗狗带回家过圣诞的善良孩子们 |
[20:17] | Because no one should be alone on Christmas. | 因为谁都不应该孤独地过圣诞节 |
[20:20] | And a daughter who will run | 我还有一个会为我竭尽全力 |
[20:22] | herself ragged just to make me feel like a winner. | 让我觉得我是个赢家的女儿 |
[20:27] | Well, I think we all know | 好吧 我们都知道 |
[20:28] | what Stan and Sparky are having for dinner now, | 斯坦和斯巴奇晚饭吃什么了 |
[20:31] | so who wants frozen piz… | 谁想吃冰冻批 |
[20:37] | Zza. | 萨 |
[20:39] | – Aunt Sigourney? – Sig, what’s wrong? | -西格妮姨妈 -妮妮 你怎么了 |
[20:42] | I’m a stray dog on Christmas. | 我就是圣诞节的流浪狗狗 |
[20:44] | I have everything. Everything! | 我恨这一切 一切 |
[20:47] | Why don’t I have this? | 为什么我就不能拥有这些呢 |
[20:49] | You want this? | 你想要这个 |
[20:50] | Maybe not all year long, but at Christmas… | 也不用全年都这样 只要圣诞节 |
[20:53] | Why do you… | 不然你以为 |
[20:55] | Think I pretended to throw my back out? | 我为什么要装作后被摔伤啊 |
[20:59] | – You were faking? – To be around us? | -你是假装的 -就为了和我们呆久一点吗 |
[21:02] | I try so hard to make my life special… | 我总是努力让我的人生特别一点 |
[21:06] | Maybe the reason I have to… | 或许我想要 |
[21:08] | Be so special, is because I don’t, have a family like this. | 变得特别的原因 就是我没有一个像你们这样的家 |
[21:15] | Aunt Sigourney, you do. | 西格妮姨妈 你当然有 |
[21:30] | – We did it, we made her cry. – Mm, Merry Christmas Mom. | -我们成功地把她弄哭了 -圣诞节快乐 妈妈 |
[21:38] | I don’t like to pat myself on the back, | 我不喜欢拍自己的背 |
[21:40] | which is good because dogs can’t pat themselves on the back. | 因为狗狗拍不了自己的背 |
[21:43] | Not that I’m complaining about who can reach where. | 我可不是在抱怨谁的手能够到哪里的问题 |
[21:47] | But everything ended up working out great. | 不过现在看来 一切都有一个美好的结局 |
[21:50] | I wanted to give Sparky a nice Christmas… | 我一开始只是想给斯巴奇过一个美好的圣诞节 |
[21:54] | And I ended up giving him a lot more than that. | 结果我给了他一个比那更美好的结局 |
[21:57] | Aunt Sigourney adopted him. | 西格妮姨妈收养了他 |
[21:59] | And renamed him “Snarky”. | 还给他改了名字 叫斯纳奇 |
[22:04] | In fact everyone got to open a present that night. | 事实上 那一晚 每个人都打开了自己的礼物 |
[22:14] | Merry Christmas everyone. | 祝大家圣诞节快乐 |