时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | I know what’s bothering you. | 我知道你在烦恼什么 |
[00:10] | Someone is eating bacon in front of you, | 有人在你面前吃培根 |
[00:12] | and not offering you any. | 却一丢丢都不分给你吃 |
[00:13] | No, Stan, that’s not it. | 不是 斯坦 我不烦恼这个 |
[00:14] | Then are you, perhaps, bothered by your inability | 那你是在烦恼你接受暗示的能力 |
[00:18] | to take a hint? | 太差了吗 |
[00:22] | Tomorrow’s the first day of school. Summer’s over. | 明天是新学期第一天 暑假放完了 |
[00:25] | No more learning how to play guitar or, | 我再也不能学弹吉他 |
[00:28] | planting trees, or volunteering at the community center. | 或者种树 或者在社区中心做志愿者了 |
[00:31] | You didn’t do any of those things. | 你压根没做过这些事 |
[00:32] | And now I never will. | 现在是永远做不了了 |
[00:34] | Here, Stan. School’s made me not hungry. | 给你 斯坦 想到上学我就饱了 |
[00:37] | Yeah! | 耶 |
[00:38] | Thanks, school! No bacon left behind. | 感谢上学 不让一块培根吃剩 |
[00:43] | You do realize that it’s turkey bacon? | 你知道那是火鸡熏肉的对吧 |
[00:44] | So, I’ve eaten a mouse, thrown it up, | 又怎样 我吃过一只老鼠 我吐了 |
[00:47] | and eaten it again. | 我又把吐出来的吃回去了 |
[00:48] | I’m not what you would call fancy. | 我可不是那种娇生惯养的狗 |
[00:53] | Hey, Tyler. You ready to do it? | 嘿 泰勒 你准备好了吗 |
[00:55] | Do what? | 干嘛 |
[00:56] | Last year, we agreed you could only keep your hair | 去年 我们商量过你全部科目要考到A和B |
[00:59] | this ridiculously long if you got all A’s and B’s. | 你才能留这又傻又长的发型 |
[01:01] | Well, you got a couple of C’s, buddy. | 但 你拿了不少C啊 孩子 |
[01:03] | And C is for cut. Time to cut your hair. | C就得剪 是时候剪你的头发了 |
[01:07] | I also got a D… oh, why did I say that? | 我还拿了个D 啊 我说这个干嘛 |
[01:11] | We had a deal, Tyler. | 这是我们协商好的 泰勒 |
[01:12] | What kind of parents would we be | 如果我们连这都不遵守 |
[01:14] | if we didn’t follow through? | 我们还算什么好父母呢 |
[01:15] | Your son is getting C’s and D’s, | 你们儿子都拿C和D了 |
[01:16] | could you do any worse? | 你们还能当得再差点吗 |
[01:18] | Come on, Tyler. I’ve been cutting your hair since | 别这样 泰勒 我从你小时候就开始剪你的头发了 |
[01:21] | you were little and you’ve always liked it. | 你以前可喜欢了 |
[01:23] | What do you think, hun? Maybe take this off here. | 你觉得怎么剪 亲爱的 不如在这儿剪一刀 |
[01:26] | – Yeah, and feather this here. – Oh, I could taper it here. | – 没错 再剪一下这里 – 对了 我可以削薄这里 |
[01:29] | I think my hand’s stuck under here. | 我觉得我的手卡在这了 |
[01:31] | Oh, I’m going to cut that all off. | 没关系 我等下全剪掉 |
[01:34] | Okay, you made your point. | 行了 你已经把话说明白了 |
[01:35] | I’m definitely going to study harder this year. | 我今年一定会更努力学习的 |
[01:38] | No need to keep pretending you’re really going to do this. | 你们不用再装作要剪我头发了 |
[01:41] | You’re really going to do this? | 你们真的要剪我头发啊 |
[01:45] | Tyler, I haven’t even done anything yet. | 泰勒 我的剪刀还没下去呢 |
[01:48] | That looks like fun. Let me try. | 看起来好好玩 我也试试 |
[01:53] | I thought that might happen. | 我就知道你会惨叫的 |
[01:56] | Chloe, we’re not doing this for our entertainment. | 克洛伊 我们不能把自己的快乐建立在别人的痛苦之上 |
[01:59] | Did I miss it? Should I make popcorn? Did you make popcorn? | 我错过了吗 我要做点爆米花吗 你做爆米花没 |
[02:02] | Why has no one made popcorn? | 为什么没人做爆米花啊 |
[02:04] | Avery, as I just got done telling your sister, | 艾芙莉 就像我刚刚对妹妹说的一样 |
[02:06] | we’re not doing this for your entertainment. | 我们不能把自己的快乐建立在别人的痛苦之上 |
[02:08] | Sit here next to me… it’s the best view. | 坐到我旁边来 这角度特好 |
[02:11] | Have some popcorn. | 来点爆米花 |
[02:14] | Okay, Tyler, here we go. | 好了 泰勒 开剪了 |
[02:20] | I’ll never forget you. | 我永远不会忘记你的 |
[02:23] | Oh, so much body, so much wave. | 噢 曼妙的身姿 如此多浪卷儿 |
[02:26] | Oh, and I’ll miss you most of all, frizzy cowlick. | 噢 我最牵挂你了 乱卷卷 |
[02:31] | Well, at least this time I wasn’t the one being groomed. | 嗯 起码这次我不是被剪的那个 |
[02:33] | And, man, I’ve had some pretty crazy haircuts over the years. | 啊 我这些年来也有过不少雷人的发型啊 |
[02:37] | Cornrows. | 蜈蚣头 |
[02:39] | Pompadour. | 束发 |
[02:42] | Princess Leia. | 蕾娅公主头 |
[02:46] | So, what does everybody think? | 那么 你们觉得怎么样呢 |
[02:49] | Well, you can see his face which is… | 呃 你确实能看到 |
[02:51] | A fact. | 他的脸 |
[02:54] | Look at me. I’m making Hair Angels. | 看看我 我是头发天使 |
[02:59] | I think it looks great, Tyler. | 我觉得还不错 泰勒 |
[03:01] | You’re just going to have to get used to it. | 你自己看着看着就习惯了 |
[03:03] | Hand me the mirror. | 把镜子给我 |
[03:08] | No! | 不 |
[03:09] | No! | 不 |
[03:11] | No! | 不 |
[03:31] | Oh, Tolstoy. | 噢 托尔斯泰 |
[03:43] | Well, you seem happy, Avery. | 咦 你开起来很开心嘛 艾芙莉 |
[03:44] | – What gave me away? – Well, mainly this. | – 你怎么知道的 – 嗯 主要是这个 |
[03:50] | I’m just so excited, Stan, | 我好激动啊 斯坦 |
[03:52] | because today’s the first day of school. | 因为今天是新学期第一天 |
[03:54] | I love school. All the reading and studying; | 我好爱上学 里面充满着读书和学习 |
[03:57] | The rush you get when you correct a teacher. | 还有纠正老师时得到的那种快感 |
[04:00] | It’s like grifting a grifter. | 就像骗一个骗子一样 |
[04:05] | And why did I pick a Rock Star Rabbit lunchbox? | 我为什么要用摇滚兔子午餐盒 |
[04:08] | Everyone’s going to call me Rock Star Rabbit. | 同学们肯定会叫我摇滚兔子的 |
[04:11] | Chloe, no one’s going to call you that because of your lunchbox. | 克洛伊 不会有人因为你的午餐盒而叫你摇滚兔子的 |
[04:14] | Oh, Mommy. | 噢 娘你不懂 |
[04:17] | Last year I picked a little red | 去年我用了个小红午餐盒 |
[04:18] | lunchbox and everyone called me little red all year. | 同学们喊了我一年的小红帽 |
[04:21] | I’m not sure that’s why. | 我觉得原因不在这儿 |
[04:23] | What else could it be? | 难不成是我头发的原因吗 |
[04:26] | You’re not going to be able to hide it forever. | 你不可能一辈子藏着你的头发的 |
[04:31] | Well I have to try, don’t I? | 起码也得试试 对吧 |
[04:33] | Thanks to you, now I have to follow through on something. | 真谢谢你 现在我要兑现承诺了 |
[04:37] | All right. First day of school. Don’t wanna be late. | 熊孩子们 第一天上学 别迟到了 |
[04:39] | Tyler, make sure Chloe gets safely to her class. | 泰勒 确保克洛伊安全到她教室 |
[04:42] | Avery, make sure Tyler gets safely to his class. | 艾芙莉 确保泰勒安全到他教室 |
[04:51] | Lindsay! | 琳赛 |
[04:55] | Wait, we’re in eighth grade now. | 慢着 我们现在都上初二了 |
[04:57] | We should probably be a little more cool. | 我们应该要酷一点 |
[04:59] | Oh, you’re right. Redo. | 噢 你说的对 重来 |
[05:02] | – S’up. – Hey, guys. | – 哟 – 嘿 你们好 |
[05:05] | Max! | 麦克斯 |
[05:06] | I’m so glad our little group is back. | 很欣慰我们的小团体回归了 |
[05:08] | Wow, that’s so nice. Usually you’re so negative. | 哇 你居然说好话 你通常都很消极的 |
[05:10] | I’m just relieved you’re here. | 你们都在这儿我就安心了 |
[05:12] | I was certain that over the | 我一直坚信这个暑假 |
[05:13] | summer one of us would get sucked into a pit of quicksand. | 我们其中一个会掉进一片流沙里 |
[05:16] | There’s our Max. We’re not getting sucked in quicksand. | 这才是麦克斯嘛 但我们是不会掉进流沙里的 |
[05:18] | That’s what people always say, until the day it happens. | 人们都说不会的 到了出事的时候就晚了 |
[05:20] | And remember, struggling only makes it worse. | 记住 越挣扎就沉得越快 |
[05:23] | Well, the important thing is, | 不过 最重要的是 |
[05:25] | we’re all back and nothing has changed. | 我们都返校了 什么都没变 |
[05:27] | Okay, Annie has changed. She lost her braces and got her… | 不过 安妮有变化 她摘掉了牙套还 |
[05:31] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[05:33] | Wow, Natalie’s, like, a foot taller. And so is Kim. | 哇 娜塔莉好像高了一英尺 金也高了 |
[05:38] | And Brian. And Amanda. | 布莱恩也高了 阿曼达也高了 |
[05:40] | And Paige and Ben and Rachel and Xing Xao Rubenstein. | 还有佩奇 本 瑞切尔 兴晓·鲁宾斯坦 都高了 |
[05:44] | I’m the only one who didn’t grow. | 我是唯一一个没长高的 |
[05:46] | I feel like I shrunk. | 我感觉自己缩水了 |
[05:47] | Well, only in comparison to all the other kids | 和同龄的孩子比的话 |
[05:49] | who look their age. | 你是挺矮的 |
[05:52] | Oh, sorry, I guess that’s not helping. | 噢 对不起 我好像帮倒忙了 |
[05:56] | I feel like everyone’s looking at me wondering… | 我感觉每个人看着我在想 |
[05:58] | “Look at Avery! Why didn’t she grow?” | 看看艾芙莉 她为什么没长高 |
[06:00] | I don’t know why! | 我也不知道 |
[06:04] | Avery, no one was looking | 艾芙莉 你像疯子一样乱吼之前 |
[06:05] | at you until you shouted like a total loon. | 根本没人在看你 |
[06:07] | People look at total loons. Which reminds me, | 大家都喜欢看疯子 这提醒了我 |
[06:10] | I saw your Mom at the supermarket. | 我在超市看到你妈了 |
[06:12] | Avery, kids grow at different rates. It’s not a big deal. | 艾芙莉 每个人长高的速度都不同 没什么大不了的 |
[06:15] | Yeah, I’m about your height. | 就是 我和你差不多高 |
[06:17] | Last year, you were up to my windsor knot. | 去年 你才到我温莎结这么高 |
[06:19] | – You’re growing. – I know. I feel huge. | – 你在长高 – 我知道 感觉身躯好庞大 |
[06:23] | Growing’s not all it’s cracked up to be. | 长身体不完全像你想象中那么好 |
[06:25] | I went up a hat size over the summer. | 我这个暑假头大了一圈 |
[06:28] | Lost a lot of good fedoras. | 很多好看的软呢帽都戴不下了 |
[06:31] | So, count your blessings! | 所以 你就知足常乐吧你 |
[06:37] | Oh, I miss the kids. | 噢 我想孩子们了 |
[06:39] | I can’t believe they’re going to be gone all day. | 真不敢相信他们要离开家一天 |
[06:42] | I wish there were some way I could miss them less. | 我真希望找到不想他们的办法 |
[06:45] | Hey! I’ve got it. | 嘿 我想到了 |
[06:47] | Hi, little Avery. Hi, little Tyler. Hi, little Chloe. | 嗨 小艾芙莉 嗨 小泰勒 嗨 小克洛伊 |
[06:52] | You’ll keep me company, won’t you? | 你们会陪我的 对吧 |
[06:55] | Why did I make them out of cheese? | 我为什么要用芝士来做啊 |
[07:02] | No, cut it out, okay? Leave me alone, Danny! | 不要 别弄了好吗 离我远点 丹尼 |
[07:05] | Come on! Let’s see it. | 别这样 给我看看嘛 |
[07:07] | How bad can it be? I bet it’s hilarious. | 能有多难看呢 一定很好笑 |
[07:09] | No! It’s too short. It’s hideous. I’m a monster. | 不行 头发太短了 我丑得跟怪兽似的 |
[07:12] | You know what? I respect that. | 你知道吗 我很尊重这一点 |
[07:14] | If you don’t want to show me, | 如果你不想给我看 |
[07:15] | I’m not gonna pressure you to… | 我也不会逼你去 |
[07:16] | Ha! | 哈 |
[07:19] | You are so predictable. | 你太易猜透了 |
[07:21] | You’re right, I don’t know what I was… | 你说的对 我也不知道我 |
[07:24] | Ha! | 哈 |
[07:26] | Dude, I always know what you’re going to do before you do it. | 兄弟 你做一件事之前 我就知道你要做了 |
[07:29] | – Yeah, I guess so. Ha! – Okay, I only wore three hoods. | – 是啊 我也这么想的 – 够了 我只穿了三件连帽衫 |
[07:32] | I had no idea you were gonna do that. | 我真的没预计到你还要扒 |
[07:36] | I’ll catch you guys later. | 我待会儿找你们 |
[07:39] | Stan, it’s the middle of school. | 斯坦 我在上学呢 |
[07:41] | What are you doing here? | 你来这儿干嘛 |
[07:43] | Good point, shouldn’t be here. | 没错 我不应该在这 |
[07:45] | So, as long as I’m here, what do you want to do? | 不过 我来都来了 我们做什么好呢 |
[07:47] | You wanna hang? Maybe talk trash about Ginny and Joe? | 你想一起出去吗 聊聊金妮和乔的八卦 |
[07:49] | What does she see in him? | 她看上他什么了 |
[07:52] | There’s no couple at the school named Ginny and Joe. | 我们学校没有一对叫金妮和乔的情侣 |
[07:54] | So, what you’re saying is Ginny is available? | 那么 你是说金妮现在单身吗 |
[07:59] | What are you doing? | 你在这里干什么 |
[08:00] | Are you just here because you miss us? | 你是因为太想我们才过来的吗 |
[08:02] | What? Not “Just.” | 啥 也不全是 |
[08:04] | I also was hoping to be a live model for the art class. | 我一直想在绘画课上当一回活模特 |
[08:07] | Go home, we’ll be back after school. | 回家吧 我们放学了就回去 |
[08:10] | Fine, but they’ll be missing out on my “Who, me?” Pose… | 好吧 不过他们会错过我的招牌“谁 我啊”姿势 |
[08:13] | “Who, me?” | 谁 我啊 |
[08:19] | Whoa, who’s the new kid? | 哇 那个新来的男孩是谁 |
[08:21] | Wes Manning. Looked him up on the Internet. | 韦斯·曼宁 在网上查过他底细了 |
[08:24] | He’s a 64-year-old | 他今年六十四岁 |
[08:25] | retired machinist from Tenafly, New Jersey. | 是个从新泽西州特纳夫莱来的退休机械师 |
[08:28] | Thank you, Internet. | 感谢互联网 |
[08:31] | He’s really cute. Wait here, I’m gonna do a walk-by. | 他好帅啊 你们留在这里 我去装路过 |
[08:34] | You’ll probably think I’m weird, | 你们可能觉得我的想法很奇怪 |
[08:36] | but I’m kind of excited. | 不过我挺激动的 |
[08:37] | I really like school. | 我很喜欢上学 |
[08:39] | Likes school! | 喜欢上学 |
[08:41] | I like girls who are smart and funny. | 我喜欢聪明有趣的女孩 |
[08:44] | Likes smart, funny girls. | 喜欢聪明有趣的女孩 |
[08:47] | So, because we were reading Animal Farm, | 因为我们在读《动物农庄》 |
[08:49] | he took us on a field trip to a petting zoo. | 他就带我们去一个动物园玩 |
[08:51] | That’s what happens when you | 你让一个橄榄球教练 |
[08:53] | let a football Coach teach an English class. | 来上英语课 就会闹出这种笑话 |
[09:00] | Guys, he likes reading and making fun of football coaches. | 小伙伴们 他喜欢阅读和嘲笑橄榄球教练 |
[09:03] | He’s perfect! | 他真完美 |
[09:06] | – Well, you should go talk to him. – No. I can’t. | – 那么 你应该去和他说话 – 不要 我不行的 |
[09:09] | I mean, he probably only | 我是说 他可能只喜欢 |
[09:10] | likes the tall girls who grew over the summer. | 暑假里长高了的女孩 |
[09:12] | Oh, that’s crazy. You’re smart and funny and really cute. | 噢 别傻了 你聪明有趣 长得还漂亮 |
[09:16] | Just talk to him. What’s the worst that could happen? | 和他说话吧 最糟能糟到哪里去呢 |
[09:18] | You walk over there, you trip, you throw up on yourself. | 你走到那里 然后被绊倒 又吐在了自己身上 |
[09:21] | It’s called the trip-puke. | 这叫绊吐 |
[09:24] | Okay. I’m gonna do it. | 好 我就这么办吧 |
[09:25] | I mean, what Lindsay said, not the trip-puke. | 我的意思是 照琳赛说的做 不是去绊吐 |
[09:28] | Nobody plans the trip-puke. It just happens. | 没人会故意绊吐的 它该发生时就发生 |
[09:34] | Just look at the sixth graders. | 看看那些六年级的小学生 |
[09:36] | Remember when we were that little? | 还记得我们这么小的时候吗 |
[09:38] | Okay, I don’t… I’m not… I don’t even… | 好了 我没有 我不是 我才不是 |
[09:40] | I’m just… I’m just… | 我只是 我只是 |
[09:43] | Too short. | 太矮了 |
[09:45] | Too short! Too short! Too short! | 太矮了 太矮了 太矮了 |
[09:47] | I know it is! Stop mocking me! | 我知道太短了 别再笑我了 |
[09:56] | You’re home, you’re home! | 你回来了 你回来了 |
[09:58] | Oh, I don’t know if you’ve been gone months or years, | 噢 我都不记得你离家多少个春秋了 |
[10:01] | but I wasn’t sure if you were ever coming back! | 我更不确定你到底回不回来了 |
[10:03] | Stan, I just left this morning for the first day of school. | 斯坦 我只是早上才出家门去上第一天学 |
[10:06] | And you didn’t send one postcard. | 但你连一张明信片都没寄过来 |
[10:09] | Oh, you’re home! You’re home! | 啊 你回家啦 你回家啦 |
[10:12] | Oh, I know it’s only been a day, but I’ve missed you so much! | 噢 我知道只过了一天 但我想死你了 |
[10:15] | Ugh, it felt like a year. | 唉 感觉像过了一年 |
[10:17] | That’s what I was saying! | 说到我心坎里去了 |
[10:28] | You know you’re supposed to go up and down. | 你知道应该要上下移动的吧 |
[10:30] | I’m trying to get taller, not stronger. | 我是想长高点 不是想长壮点 |
[10:32] | You’ll just make your arms longer. | 你这样只会拉长你的手 |
[10:34] | They’ll drag on the ground and you’ll look like a chimp. | 等你的手长得耷拉在地上时 你就会像只小猩猩 |
[10:37] | Now stop being so self-involved | 别光考虑你自己了 |
[10:39] | and help me figure out what to do about my hair! | 快帮我想想我的头发怎么办 |
[10:42] | Will you stop obsessing over your stupid hair?! | 你可以不要再纠结你的发型了吗 |
[10:44] | – My hair is too short! – My whole body is too short! | – 我头发太短了 – 我整个身子都太短了 |
[10:47] | Exactly, so you’re practically invisible. | 没错 所以基本上没人会看到你 |
[10:49] | Your problem doesn’t matter. | 你的问题不是问题 |
[10:50] | I’m up here, where people can see. | 我这么高 别人能看到我 |
[10:57] | What’s wrong with Avery? | 艾芙莉怎么了 |
[10:57] | She’s upset about her body. | 她在烦恼她的身体 |
[11:00] | Okay, Ellen, you’ve been preparing for this moment. | 好了 艾伦 你已经准备好面对这个时刻的到来 |
[11:03] | You’re not gonna mess it up like your Mom did. | 你不会像你妈一样搞砸的 |
[11:05] | I had to have my little talk with myself. | 我必须先和自己来个小谈话 |
[11:07] | Which I’m doing right now. Good talk, Ellen. | 我现在已经在谈了 聊得很愉快 艾伦 |
[11:13] | Sweetie… | 小甜心 |
[11:16] | I understand you are having issues with your body. | 我明白你有些身体上的困扰 |
[11:20] | So, let’s have a little gal chat. | 所以 我们来说点女生的悄悄话吧 |
[11:23] | You tell me what your questions or concerns are. | 你只要告诉我你的问题和疑虑 |
[11:25] | I’ll offer you the wisdom I’ve | 我就会用这么多年来 |
[11:27] | collected from my experiences as a lifelong woman. | 积累的女性经验来帮你解决 |
[11:30] | Now, just point to a part of your body and we’ll talk about it. | 现在 你说出身体的一个部位 我们来聊聊 |
[11:38] | That talk went so much better | 我和自己谈这事的时候 |
[11:39] | when I gave it to myself. | 效果比现在好多了 |
[11:43] | Chloe, how was the first day of second grade? | 克洛伊 二年级的第一天怎么样 |
[11:45] | I learned that “Elephant” Has a P in it. | 我学到了“大象”这词里面有个P |
[11:47] | I don’t know why no one here told me that. | 我不明白你们为什么没有告诉我 |
[11:50] | How’d the lunchbox go over? | 午餐盒受欢迎吗 |
[11:51] | The lunchbox didn’t matter. | 午餐盒已经不重要了 |
[11:52] | In second grade, what matters is what’s inside. | 在二年级 里面的东西才重要 |
[11:55] | I told Chloe that’s actually kind of nice. | 我告诉克洛伊这样真的挺好的 |
[11:57] | Like with a person. What matters isn’t what’s on the… | 就像一个人 外在的东西并不重要 |
[12:00] | Didn’t make me feel better in the car. | 在车上你没让我心情变好 |
[12:02] | Not making me feel better now. | 现在你也没让我心情变好 |
[12:04] | I thought I made you a very nice lunch. | 我以为我给你做了一顿很丰盛的午餐呢 |
[12:06] | Well, apparently, hon, lunchtime is all about trading. | 很明显 亲爱的 午餐时间要交换食物 |
[12:09] | Your lunch had no trade value. | 你做的午餐没有交换的价值 |
[12:12] | – This was all I could get for it. – A banana? | – 我只换到了这个 – 一只香蕉 |
[12:15] | No. Just the peel. | 不是 只有蕉皮 |
[12:18] | But they didn’t take your lunch. | 但他们没有换走你的午餐 |
[12:20] | It was a pity peel. | 这是块表示可怜的蕉皮 |
[12:22] | I didn’t realize it was such a big deal. | 我之前不知道午餐有这么重要 |
[12:24] | I’ll try and make you a really great lunch for tomorrow. | 我明天一定会用心做一顿丰盛的午餐给你的 |
[12:27] | Thanks, Mommy! I knew you’d come through. | 谢谢妈妈 我知道你会说到做到的 |
[12:29] | I believe in you! | 我相信你 |
[12:30] | Aw, that’s so sweet, honey. It means so much to me. | 噢 你真贴心啊小乖乖 你的鼓励对我意义重大 |
[12:33] | You’re right, Daddy, she responds to encouragement. | 你是对的 爸爸 她喜欢听鼓励的话 |
[12:36] | Well, not everything I taught you in the car was useless. | 当然 我在车上教你的东西也不是一无是处啊 |
[12:41] | All right, I’ve been thinking about my problem, and I’m | 好了 我一直在思考我的身高问题 |
[12:43] | going to take action Mom, you’re driving me to the Mall. | 我要行动起来 妈 你开车带我去商场 |
[12:46] | Oh, that’s great sweetheart on the way there… | 噢 太好了 小甜心 在去的路上 |
[12:48] | If you try to gal talk me on the drive… | 如果你敢和我说女生悄悄话 |
[12:50] | I will stunt roll out of the moving car onto the freeway. | 我就在高速公路上跳出你的车 |
[12:53] | Well, not out of the moving car. I’m not a stunt woman. | 呃 不是在车子开着的时候跳 我又不傻 |
[12:55] | The point is, I’m out of there as soon as it’s completely safe. | 我的意思是 我会在完全没有危险的时候离开你的车 |
[13:04] | Avery said she went to the Mall and fixed her problem. | 艾芙莉说她逛了商场之后就解决了她的问题 |
[13:06] | I wonder what she did. | 我想知道她做了什么 |
[13:07] | I think that. | 我觉得是这个 |
[13:12] | So, these platforms add six inches… | 好看吗 这双高跟鞋增高了六英寸 |
[13:15] | The hair’s another eight, and | 头发增高了八英寸 |
[13:16] | the vertical stripes add the illusion of two more. | 衣服上的竖纹产生的错觉又增高了两英寸 |
[13:19] | What do you think? | 你们觉得怎么样 |
[13:21] | How are we playing this? | 我们该怎么处理 |
[13:21] | What she needs to hear or what she wants to hear? | 是说她需要听的还是她想听的 |
[13:23] | Avery, you look great! | 艾芙莉 你看起来很不错 |
[13:25] | Wants to hear… got it. | 说她想听的 懂了 |
[13:26] | You look tall. | 你看起来很高 |
[13:29] | Well, I better go talk to Wes before I lose my confidence. | 是啊 我要在我自信心摧毁之前去和韦斯说话 |
[13:31] | What’s the point of looking like | 如果你不能书写自己的命运 |
[13:34] | a giant pencil if you can’t write your own destiny? | 又何必装成一支铅笔呢 |
[13:39] | – Hi, I’m Avery. – Sorry, not now. | – 嗨 我叫艾芙莉 – 对不起 没空 |
[13:51] | Stan, come here! | 斯坦 过来 |
[13:53] | I thought I told you, you can’t come to see us at school. | 我以为我说清楚了 你不准来学校看我们 |
[13:56] | I was just so worried about | 我真的好担心 |
[13:57] | how Ginny and Joe were taking the break-up. | 金妮和乔能不能熬过分手的伤痛 |
[13:59] | – Ginny and Joe are made up. – They made up? | – 金妮和乔复合了 – 他们复合了 |
[14:02] | That’s great. | 太棒了 |
[14:05] | Those two crazy kids deserve a chance. | 那两个傻孩子的确值得拥有一个重新开始的机会 |
[14:08] | Stan, you’ve gotta accept | 斯坦 你要学会接受 |
[14:09] | that we’re going to school every day now. | 我们现在每天都得上学这个事实 |
[14:11] | You can’t be hanging around here so much. | 你不能经常没事就跑过来 |
[14:13] | What makes you think I’m hanging around so much? | 你怎么会觉得我经常没事就跑过来呢 |
[14:20] | They’re nudes, but they’re tasteful. | 雕像虽然没穿衣服 但它们味道真不错 |
[14:27] | Avery? Is that lump under the covers you? | 艾芙莉吗 这张被子下面盖的是你吗 |
[14:31] | What do you think, Stan? | 你觉得呢 斯坦 |
[14:32] | Well, the lump is about your size and shape. | 尺寸和形状都和你很相似 |
[14:35] | And has your voice, and smells like you. | 声音听起来挺像你 闻起来也像 |
[14:38] | So, it’s either you or a duck. | 所以不是你就是只鸭子 |
[14:42] | I don’t ever want to go back to school again. | 我以后都不想再上学了 |
[14:44] | But Avery loves school. | 但是艾芙莉很喜欢上学 |
[14:46] | What did you do with Avery, duck? | 你对艾芙莉做了些什么 臭鸭子 |
[14:49] | I’m the smallest kid in my grade, Stan. | 我是全年级最矮的 斯坦 |
[14:52] | I just don’t fit in. | 我不合群了 |
[14:54] | Avery, your size has nothing to do with your worth. | 艾芙莉 你的身高和你的自身价值没有关系 |
[14:56] | Am I worth more than one of | 我是不是比那些蹲在女人手袋里 |
[14:58] | those little dogs that women carry in their purses? | 的小狗狗更有价值呢 |
[15:00] | Yes, I am. | 当然是了 |
[15:01] | That’s a bad example. | 举错例子了 |
[15:05] | I am the purse dog, Stan. | 我就是那种小狗狗 斯坦 |
[15:08] | I mean, this boy Wes won’t even talk to me. | 那个叫韦斯的男孩不肯跟我说话 |
[15:10] | Because of your height? | 因为你的身高吗 |
[15:12] | He called me a “Little sixth grader” | 他喊我“六年级小学生” |
[15:14] | and then today he totally blew me off. | 而且今天他完全无视我 |
[15:16] | Why would he do that if it wasn’t because I’m short? | 如果不是因为我矮 他为什么要这样对我 |
[15:19] | That’s terrible. But now you have a choice. | 太悲催了 不过你现在有个选择 |
[15:22] | There are two kinds of purse dogs; Shivering or vicious. | 蹲手袋小狗狗也分两种 发抖型和凶猛型 |
[15:25] | Which one are you, Avery? | 你是哪一种 艾芙莉 |
[15:28] | I am a little high-strung. | 我有点神经紧张 |
[15:29] | I have a tendency to get cold. | 还有点爱冷酷待人 |
[15:31] | – I eat small, but frequent, meals. – Say “Vicious.” | – 我少食多餐 – 你是凶猛型 |
[15:33] | – Vicious! – Yeah, you are. | – 凶猛型 – 没错 你就是 |
[15:37] | Yeah, I am. And I’m gonna give him a piece of my mind. | 对耶 我很凶猛 并且我还要骂他一顿 |
[15:42] | Tomorrow at school, I’m going to tell him what a jerk he is. | 明天 我要在学校里告诉他 他有多混蛋 |
[15:46] | He’s the one who should feel bad about this, not me. | 他才是应该对自己的行为感到羞愧的人 而不是我 |
[15:48] | Thatagirl! Or purse dog. Or duck. | 这才是你嘛 或者是手袋小狗狗 或者是鸭子 |
[15:52] | Or whatever you are. | 随便你是什么 |
[15:59] | Hey, Avery. Your Mother tells | 嘿 艾芙莉 你妈妈告诉我 |
[16:01] | me you’ve been having some issues with your body. | 你对自己的身体有些困扰 |
[16:04] | Well… I know her approach may have been a little off-putting. | 咳 我知道她的方法有点烦人 |
[16:09] | But lucky for you, I have Harriet the hippo. | 但你走运了 因为我有小河马哈蕾 |
[16:14] | Now, Harriet’s has her insecurities | 哈蕾也对她现在的身体变化 |
[16:17] | about her changing body, too. | 感到很害怕 |
[16:19] | I wonder what they… | 我想知道她们怎么 |
[16:23] | Harriet, you scare people. | 哈蕾 你吓着人了 |
[16:33] | Mommy, I believed in you. | 妈妈 亏我相信过你 |
[16:35] | And that means a lot to me. | 这对我意义重大 |
[16:37] | Believed. | 相 信 过 |
[16:40] | Don’t tell me today’s lunch was no good, either. | 别告诉我今天的午餐又不行 |
[16:42] | I made you a very nice sandwich with leftover chicken. | 我用昨晚剩的鸡肉给你做了个很好吃的三明治 |
[16:45] | How can I trade this? | 你叫我怎么交换食物 |
[16:47] | Look what happens when you pick it up. | 你看看它拿起来长什么样 |
[16:53] | All the kids called it the “Fall apart disaster stink sandwich.” | 所以小朋友都管它叫“掉馅灾难烂三明治” |
[16:58] | That’s not even clever. | 听起来真傻 |
[17:00] | What do you want? We’re in second grade. | 你还想咋地 我们才二年级 |
[17:02] | I don’t understand why this is a problem now. | 我不明白这怎么又成问题了 |
[17:05] | This wasn’t a problem in first grade. | 你在一年级是没有这个问题啊 |
[17:06] | In first grade, we’d eat anything. Paste, mud… | 一年级的时候 我们浆糊泥土什么的都吃 |
[17:10] | Tony ate his shoelaces. | 托尼吃过他的鞋带 |
[17:12] | We had to have an assembly about it. | 因为这事儿学校还开过大会呢 |
[17:16] | But now we’re in second grade… | 但是我们现在都二年级了 |
[17:17] | Except for Tony. | 除了托尼留级 |
[17:20] | We want something good. | 我们想吃点正常的 |
[17:22] | I need something I can trade. | 我要带一些能交换的食物 |
[17:23] | What did Avery do in second grade? | 艾芙莉二年级时的午餐是怎样的 |
[17:25] | She made her own lunch. | 她自己做的 |
[17:27] | Yeah, I am not gonna do that. | 哦 反正我是不会自己做的 |
[17:31] | Fine, so what do you want in your lunch tomorrow? | 好吧 那你明天午餐想要什么 |
[17:33] | – Ten dollars. – Yeah, I am not gonna do that. | – 要十块钱 – 哦 反正我是不会给的 |
[17:40] | Oh, hey, Avery. I’ve been thinking about your problem, | 嘿 艾芙莉 我想过你的问题了 |
[17:42] | and have you considered wearing a hat? | 你要不要考虑一下戴个帽子 |
[17:44] | It can make you look taller. | 看起来会高很多 |
[17:45] | No, Lindsay, hats are your thing. | 不必了 琳赛 帽子是你的风格 |
[17:47] | Oh, thank goodness. | 噢 谢天谢地 |
[17:48] | I didn’t want to have to be the one to say that. | 幸亏说出这句话的人不必是我 |
[17:51] | And I realized, it’s not my problem. It’s Wes’s. | 而且我发现 这不是我的问题 是韦斯的问题 |
[17:55] | And if he doesn’t like me because I’m short, | 如果他因为我矮就不喜欢我 |
[17:57] | then he’s a jerk… | 那他就是个坏蛋 |
[17:59] | A dreamy, hazel-eyed jerk. | 一个有着淡褐色眼睛的梦幻般的坏蛋 |
[18:01] | And I’m going to tell him that. | 我才不会告诉他这个呢 |
[18:04] | And while you’re at it, | 你说的时候 |
[18:05] | mention his chiseled jaw and perfect hair. | 顺便提一下他那轮廓分明的下巴和飘逸的头发 |
[18:06] | That’ll get him. | 他会伤心死的 |
[18:09] | Are you sure this isn’t just all in your head? | 你确定不是因为你想多了 |
[18:11] | Maybe he doesn’t care that you’re short. | 也许他不在意你矮不矮的问题 |
[18:13] | Then why else would he have blown me off like that yesterday? | 那他为什么昨天完全无视掉我呢 |
[18:16] | Ugh. This gross pimple will not go away. | 啊 这颗恶心的痘痘就是弄不掉 |
[18:19] | I don’t want any girls looking at me until it’s gone. | 它消失之前 我不想让任何女生看到我 |
[18:22] | Uh, sorry, not now. | 呃 对不起 没空 |
[18:25] | Stupid pimple. | 臭痘痘 |
[18:27] | Hey, Wes. I know why you won’t look at me, | 嘿 韦斯 我知道你为什么不想看我 |
[18:29] | and it’s disgusting! | 原因很让人恶心 |
[18:31] | You are a repulsive person and you make me sick. | 你非常讨人厌 而且你恶心到我了 |
[18:34] | It’s just a pimple. It’ll go away! | 只是颗痘痘而已 它会消掉的 |
[18:37] | Wait! Pimple? What pimple? I didn’t know about your pimple! | 等一下 痘痘 什么痘痘 我不知道原来你长了痘痘 |
[18:40] | Sorry! I keep saying pimple. | 对不起 我一直在说痘痘 |
[18:45] | What’s up with him? | 他怎么了 |
[18:47] | Pimple. | 长痘了 |
[18:49] | I really blew it with him. | 我和他彻底没戏了 |
[18:51] | I thought everyone was looking | 我以为每个人都因为我矮 |
[18:52] | at me differently because of my size but, | 而用异样的眼光看我 |
[18:54] | maybe it really was all in my head. | 可能真的只是我想多了 |
[18:56] | Just like probably no one even noticed Wes’s pimple. | 就像根本没人注意到韦斯的痘痘一样 |
[18:59] | Hey, maybe it’s the same with your hair. | 嘿 也许别人一样没有发现你的头发短了 |
[19:01] | What about my hair? | 我头发怎么了 |
[19:03] | I mean, maybe no one else will think it’s as bad as you do. | 我是说 可能别人不觉得你的头发有你想象那么糟 |
[19:05] | Oh, no. It’s bad. | 不是的 真的很难看 |
[19:07] | But everyone’s going to see it at some point, | 但是别人总会看到的 |
[19:10] | so I might as well use that to do some good. | 所以我不如用这个来做件好事吧 |
[19:12] | Hey, pimple boy. | 喂 长痘的 |
[19:16] | Hey, man. Don’t feel bad about what my sister said. | 嘿 小伙子 不要为我妹妹说的话难过 |
[19:19] | We all have our hideous flaws. | 我们每个人都会有难堪的缺点 |
[19:21] | At least yours doesn’t look like this… | 起码你看上去不是这样的 |
[19:32] | Your whole family is so mean! | 你们全家都这么坏 |
[19:36] | Well, I think we all learned something here. | 我觉得我们都学到了些东西 |
[19:40] | The amazingness of my hair was never in its length. | 我头发的迷人之处不在于长短 |
[19:43] | Yes. That’s what we learned. | 是啊 我们就学到了这个 |
[19:48] | Avery figured out that just | 艾芙莉明白了 |
[19:49] | because she was self-conscious about something | 只因为她自己对一些事难为情 |
[19:52] | didn’t mean that everyone else was looking at it the same way. | 并不代表每个人都是这样看的 |
[19:55] | And I figured something out, too, | 而我也悟出了一个道理 |
[19:57] | thanks to a little help from Tyler. | 多亏泰勒帮了我一个小忙 |
[19:59] | Here, Stan. | 给你 斯坦 |
[20:00] | Whenever you miss us, you just play with these. | 你想我们的时候 就和它们玩吧 |
[20:04] | Thanks, Tyler. | 谢谢 泰勒 |
[20:06] | Oh, and the good news is | 对了 还有个好消息 |
[20:07] | they’re not made of cheese, so you won’t eat them. | 它们不是芝士做的 所以你不会吃掉它们 |
[20:10] | Never assume a dog won’t eat something. | 永远不要断定一条狗一定不会吃掉什么东西 |
[20:16] | I can’t believe I ate a spring. | 真不敢相信我吃了个弹簧 |
[20:18] | When I poop that out, | 我希望我拉出来时 |
[20:19] | I hope it doesn’t bounce back in. | 它不会蹦回我屁眼里 |
[20:28] | Guess what they called my lunch today? | 猜猜同学们今天给我的午餐取了个什么名字 |
[20:30] | A Reuben sandwich. | 叫鲁本三明治 |
[20:32] | Named after a really smelly kid named Reuben, | 是以一个叫鲁本的孩子命名的 |
[20:35] | who wears his underwear on the outside of his pants. | 他又难闻又喜欢把他内裤穿在裤子外面 |
[20:39] | Chloe, I really upped my game and made you an amazing lunch. | 克洛伊 我真的很用心地给你做了顿很美味的午餐 |
[20:44] | If you can eat this, I’ll stop complaining. | 如果你能吃掉这个 我就不埋怨你 |
[20:47] | Bennett, come here. | 班尼特 过来这里 |
[20:49] | Let’s show Chloe what a great sandwich this is. | 让我们告诉克洛伊这个三明治有多好吃 |
[20:53] | Me? | 我 |
[20:55] | You eat half, I’ll eat half. Support me on this. | 你吃一半 我吃一半 支持我一下 |
[20:58] | Well, I want to support you, | 呃 我也想支持你 |
[21:00] | but I have an abnormally strong gag reflex. | 但我刚好有异常强烈的反胃现象 |
[21:02] | – You’re being dramatic… – I don’t want to throw up… | – 你也太假了吧 – 我不想吐出来 |
[21:07] | – Eat it! – Okay! | – 吃了它 – 好吧 |
[21:09] | Okay. | 吃就吃 |
[21:11] | I can do this. | 我能咽下去的 |
[21:18] | Come on, it is not so… | 别这样 不是很 |
[21:24] | Keep going. It gets worse. | 继续啊 难吃的还在后头 |
[21:29] | That’s cartilage. | 这是软骨 |
[21:35] | There. | 吃完了 |
[21:36] | – Good. – Mm mm. Good. | – 好吃 – 唔 真好吃 |
[21:38] | Now the potato salad. | 现在吃土豆沙拉 |
[21:40] | Tomorrow I’ll put ten dollars in your lunch. | 明天我给你十块钱买午餐 |
[21:42] | That’s all I’m asking. | 我别无他求 |
[21:48] | Oh, not the spring! I was afraid of that. | 噢 难道是弹簧 我特别害怕 |