时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Hey, Avery. How’s it goin’? | 艾芙莉 干嘛呢 |
[00:11] | Oh, you’re working on | 噢 你在忙着画 |
[00:12] | your painting for the youth art competition? | 参加青年艺术比赛的作品吗 |
[00:14] | Yep. And this is the most exciting part of the process. | 对啊 正处于最激动人心的阶段啊 |
[00:17] | The canvas is blank. All things are possible. | 画布一片空白 这就是所谓的一切皆有可能 |
[00:20] | You have no idea what you’re gonna paint, do ya? | 其实你压根就不知道要画什么 是吧 |
[00:22] | Not a clue. | 毫无头绪 |
[00:24] | But that’s what I love about it. | 不过那就是我热爱艺术的原因 |
[00:26] | That moment when nothing can turn into everything. | 可以从一片空白变成五彩斑斓 |
[00:28] | You’re totally frustrated, aren’t you? | 你现在非常丧气 是吧 |
[00:31] | Completely. | 相当丧气 |
[00:32] | I really wanna impress the youth art judges. | 我太希望评委们能被我的作品所征服 |
[00:34] | But any moment now, | 但有可能在下一刻 |
[00:36] | that frustration is gonna turn into inspiration. | 我的绝望和沮丧就会化为灵感 |
[00:39] | Then you know what happens? | 你知道接下来会发生什么吗 |
[00:41] | It builds up inside of you until you can’t hold it in any longer, | 灵感会在你身体里不断膨胀直到无法控制 |
[00:44] | And then– | 然后 |
[00:44] | – Youth art! – Youth art! | – 青年艺术 – 青年艺术 |
[00:44] | (注:谐音you fart,“你放屁”) | |
[00:48] | – They really gotta change that name. – Totally. | – 他们真该换个名字 – 就是说 |
[00:50] | So what do you get if you win? | 赢了有什么奖品呢 |
[00:52] | I love art for its own sake. | 我热爱的是艺术本身 |
[00:54] | I don’t care about the cash prize. | 对于现金奖励我毫不在乎 |
[00:56] | Only the shallowest, | 只有那种最浅薄的 |
[00:57] | Mouth-breathing heathens | 用嘴呼吸的俗人 |
[00:58] | care about the $200. | 才会在意那二百块钱 |
[01:00] | Did someone say “$200”? | 刚才谁说二百块钱来着 |
[01:03] | It has nothing to do with you. It’s about an art competition. | 没你什么事 我们在说艺术比赛 |
[01:05] | Cool, I’m in. | 太酷了 我要参加 |
[01:07] | I was just in a stupid art museum for school. | 学校刚才带我们参观了一个愚蠢的艺术博物馆 |
[01:09] | One display was just a pile of lasagna on top of a bed. | 有一个展品竟然是堆在床上的宽面条 |
[01:13] | I could do that. | 我都会做 |
[01:14] | I have done that. | 我以前都做过 |
[01:17] | – You totally missed the point of the piece. – I did not. | – 你完全没有找到重点 – 我就是在说重点啊 |
[01:20] | The artist was challenging your expectations | 艺术家们是在评价艺术本身的本性的过程中 |
[01:22] | by commenting on the nature of art itself. | 挑战人们的期待的 |
[01:24] | Oh, that’s the point? | 那才是重点啊 |
[01:26] | Yeah, I totally missed that. | 好吧 我完全没找到重点 |
[01:29] | People say art is an expression of the artist. | 人们说艺术是艺术家表达思想的方式 |
[01:32] | If that’s true, I have a | 如果真是那样 |
[01:33] | dozen one-of-a-kind sculptures in the back yard. | 我可有满满一后院独一无二的雕塑作品 |
[01:36] | They started out as performance art. | 最开始他们仅仅只是表演艺术 |
[01:38] | Now they’re a permanent installation. | 现在发展成为永恒的经典 |
[01:41] | Oh…if you’ll excuse me, | 噢 不好意思 |
[01:42] | I’m feeling inspired. | 我有灵感了 |
[01:56] | Dog With a Blog S01E14 Crimes of the Art World | |
[02:10] | Why is everyone bringing their paintings | 为什么大家都这么早就把作品拿来了 |
[02:12] | Down here so early if the judging doesn’t start till tomorrow? | 明明评委明天才开始评选工作啊 |
[02:15] | Well, it’s good to get some buzz going at the art fair. | 提前嗅到艺术展览会的气息是件好事 |
[02:17] | The judges will see it. | 评委们会看见优秀的作品 |
[02:18] | It’ll get under their skin. It’ll really grow on them. | 它会深入他们的皮肤 深深震撼他们的内心 |
[02:21] | Oh, speaking of stuff getting under your skin and growing, | 说到深入皮肤的东西 |
[02:23] | Did you pick up my cream from the vet? | 你从兽医那儿拿到我的面霜了吗 |
[02:27] | Shh. Here comes one of the judges. | 嘘 有一个评委来了 |
[02:29] | I can’t appear too excited. | 我不能表现得太激动 |
[02:31] | I’m just gonna look like a tortured artiste. | 我得看上去像个受尽折磨的艺人 |
[02:43] | Hey, what are they looking at? | 嘿 他们都在看什么呢 |
[02:45] | It just looks like a big pile of trash. | 像是一大堆垃圾 |
[02:47] | I call my piece big pile of trash. | 我的作品叫做一大堆垃圾 |
[02:53] | Intriguing. So complex. | 有意思 真是复杂的思维 |
[02:55] | Found objects turned into art. | 找到触手可得的物体 并把它们变成艺术 |
[02:57] | I love it. | 我喜欢 |
[02:58] | I like to challenge your expectations | 我只想在评价艺术本身的本性的过程中 |
[03:00] | by commenting on the nature of art itself. | 挑战你的想象和期待 |
[03:05] | Very original. Wonderful work. | 原创的经典 很不错的作品 |
[03:10] | Tyler, those are my words. | 泰勒 那些话是我说的 |
[03:12] | – You stole them. – No… | – 你盗取了它们 – 没有啊 |
[03:14] | I found them and turned them into art. | 我只是找到了它们 然后把它们变成艺术 |
[03:17] | You can’t just slap stuff together and call it art. | 你不能把胡乱凑在一起的东西叫做艺术 |
[03:20] | Can… and did. | 当然可以 而且我也做到了 |
[03:25] | I can’t believe you’re doing this. | 我简直不敢相信你做了什么 |
[03:27] | Art is my thing! | 艺术是我的专长 |
[03:29] | Avery, let’s get out of here quick. | 艾芙莉 我们得赶紧离开这里 |
[03:31] | I just made an unofficial entry in the art contest. | 我刚才非正式地参与艺术比赛了 |
[03:40] | And that’s how mother won the world’s strongest man competition. | 我妈妈就是这样赢得了世界最强壮男人比赛的冠军 |
[03:44] | They tried to take her trophy away. | 他们试图把她的奖杯收回 |
[03:48] | Karl, every time you come over, | 卡尔 每次你过来 |
[03:50] | I always assume it’s to see Avery or Tyler. | 我都以为你是来找艾芙莉或者泰勒的 |
[03:52] | You know, someone closer to your age. | 同龄人嘛 |
[03:55] | Aren’t you close to my age? | 你不就是我的同龄人吗 |
[03:56] | More tea? | 还要点茶吗 |
[03:58] | Don’t move. | 别动 |
[03:59] | The midmorning light is | 十点钟的光线 |
[04:01] | sculpting your dramatic cheekbones like Rodin– | 把你无与伦比的颧骨勾勒得如罗丹 |
[04:03] | The revered French artist, not the flying Japanese monster. | 那个令人尊敬的法国艺术家 不是会飞的日本怪兽 |
[04:07] | No, I’ve been told that before. | 以前也有人赞美过 |
[04:09] | About my dramatic cheekbones. Not about the flying monster. | 我无与伦比的颧骨 和会飞的怪兽无关 |
[04:12] | I don’t mean to put you on the spot, but could I | 我无意让您为难 但是我可以 |
[04:14] | paint your portrait? | 为你画肖像吗 |
[04:15] | I couldn’t imagine a more splendid subject. | 我无法想象更完美的实物了 |
[04:18] | More lemon cake? | 再来一块柠檬蛋糕 |
[04:20] | Oh, hello, Karl. Sweetheart. | 你好 卡尔 亲爱的 |
[04:22] | Get out of my midmorning light! | 别挡住我十点钟的光线 |
[04:24] | Whoa! I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to get into your– | 哇 对不起 我不是故意挡住 |
[04:27] | What? | 什么 |
[04:28] | Karl wants to capture my beauty | 卡尔想捕捉下我的美丽 |
[04:31] | for all of humanity to enjoy throughout eternity. | 供千秋万代的后人欣赏 |
[04:33] | His words. | 他的原话 |
[04:34] | It’s not weird. | 听上去很正常啊 |
[04:37] | Dr. James, the way the sweat | 詹姆斯医生 看看那汗水 |
[04:40] | glints off your stately brow. | 闪烁在你的眉宇之间 |
[04:43] | I could paint both of you for the youth art competition. | 我可以拿你们的肖像参加青年艺术比赛 |
[04:46] | But he’s so sweaty. | 但他出了那么多汗了 |
[04:48] | We will certainly think about it, Karl. | 我们一定会考虑你的提议的 卡尔 |
[04:51] | Thanks. Now I better go let mother out of her hyperbaric chamber. | 谢谢 我得去把我妈从高压氧舱里弄出来 |
[04:54] | Too much pure oxygen, and she goes full hulk. | 太多纯氧会让她变成庞然大物 |
[05:00] | Hmm. Needy, looking for attachment. | 欠赞美的人在寻求赞美 |
[05:04] | He’s just a nice boy who appreciates beauty. | 他不过是个拥有发现美的眼睛的好孩子 |
[05:07] | I was talking about you. | 我说的是你 |
[05:09] | Honey, think about his parents. | 亲爱的 想想他的父母 |
[05:11] | I mean, Mrs. Fink does nothing but pump iron, | 芬克太太除了举重什么都不会 |
[05:14] | And Colonel Fink is up in the international space station. | 芬克上校又远在国际空间站 |
[05:16] | Compared to them, we’re model parents. | 相对于他们 我们可是模范家长啊 |
[05:19] | You’re a mother who doesn’t pull buses with her teeth. | 你至少不是个会用牙拉动公交车的妈妈 |
[05:23] | And I’m here. On earth. | 而我时时刻刻在 地球上 |
[05:25] | I see what’s going on here. | 我想我知道问题出在哪了 |
[05:27] | Anytime I get a compliment from anyone else, | 每次别人赞美我的时候 |
[05:29] | You dismiss it. | 你都要反对一下 |
[05:30] | Oh, is this about the drycleaner again? | 噢 又开始扯干洗工的事情了吗 |
[05:33] | Angelo always winks at me. | 安吉洛总向我眨眼睛 |
[05:34] | He winks at me, too. The cleaning fumes get in his eyes. | 他也对我眨眼睛 洗衣服的雾气熏着他眼睛了 |
[05:38] | So I guess it’s just so implausible | 所以那个干洗工根本就 |
[05:40] | That the drycleaner might find me the least bit attractive. | 不会认为我有那么一点点迷人 |
[05:43] | Good to know. | 真高兴知道这一点 |
[05:46] | I get why you chose space, Fink. | 我终于知道你为什么选择去太空了 芬克 |
[05:55] | Hey, Chloe, whatcha doin’? | 嘿 克洛伊 干嘛呢你 |
[05:59] | Avery and Tyler are doing art. | 艾芙莉和泰勒在搞艺术 |
[06:01] | I thought maybe I should, too. | 我觉得我也应该搞搞 |
[06:02] | What? Just because they’re | 为什么 你完全没有必要 |
[06:04] | doing something doesn’t mean you have to. | 随波逐流亦步亦趋啊 |
[06:06] | You can be original and | 你可以做那个先行者 |
[06:07] | come up with something completely different. | 开发出前所未有的点子 |
[06:09] | Come on, chloe. Think for yourself. | 拜托 克洛伊 好好想想吧 |
[06:12] | You wanna do art with me? | 你想和我一起搞艺术吗 |
[06:13] | Do I?! | 还用问吗 |
[06:21] | This is much better than our first finger-painting. | 这可比我们第一次手指画成功多了 |
[06:27] | What should we do now? | 我们现在该做什么 |
[06:29] | Pull it. | 拉它 |
[06:36] | All this stuff used to have meaning. | 所有这些东西都曾有自己的意义 |
[06:38] | Then it became junk. | 然后变成了垃圾 |
[06:40] | I’m just giving it a new meaning. | 我只是赋予了它们新的意义 |
[06:50] | Why is everyone so crazy about this stupid pile of garbage? | 为什么所有人都对这一堆愚蠢的垃圾如此着迷 |
[06:54] | Well, a more discerning eye might grasp its subtleties, | 有眼光的人就会发掘出它的精妙之处 |
[06:57] | But I just like that it smells like garbage. | 我只是喜欢它散发出的垃圾的气息 |
[07:01] | It’s like he’s doing this just to spite me. | 他肯定是故意来气我的 |
[07:03] | He doesn’t even care about art, | 他从来不把艺术当回事 |
[07:05] | And he’s making a fool out of everyone who does. | 他愚弄了所有在乎艺术的人 |
[07:07] | There’s egg salad in there somewhere. | 这里面哪儿肯定有鸡蛋沙拉 |
[07:10] | You know, I’d just like to | 我恨不得 |
[07:11] | pick this thing up and smash it to the ground! | 抄起这玩意往地上狠命砸 |
[07:14] | Yeah, but you’d never do that, | 对啊 但你永远不会这样做 |
[07:15] | Because you’re decent and moral, | 因为你有道德又明理 |
[07:17] | And I’m pretty sure you can’t lift it. | 再说了你也举不起它 |
[07:21] | I know. You’re right. I would never actually do it. | 我知道 我不是做那种事的人 |
[07:23] | It just makes me so mad. | 它就是让我很抓狂 |
[07:25] | Well, artists like you and Tyler are very passionate. | 像你和泰勒这样的艺术家可是激情四射的 |
[07:28] | He’s not an artist! | 他根本不是什么艺术家 |
[07:32] | Oh, boy. | 噢 天哪 |
[07:40] | Oh, no! What did I do? | 噢 不 我做了什么 |
[07:43] | First, you started ranting and waving your arms. | 首先 你开始咆哮并挥动手臂 |
[07:46] | And then you knocked tyler’s sculpture right– | 接着正中泰勒的雕塑 |
[07:48] | Was that a rhetorical question? | 你刚那是个反问句吗 |
[07:52] | I can’t believe I did this. | 我简直不敢相信我做了什么 |
[07:53] | What am I gonna do? | 我该怎么办 |
[07:54] | You’re gonna tell him, right? | 你会告诉他的对吗 |
[07:56] | Maybe it won’t be a big deal. He’s just in it for the money. | 也许他不在意呢 他只是图钱罢了 |
[07:59] | That’s right. We’ll just go home, | 说的也是 我们回家后 |
[08:01] | And we’ll tell him that I did it. | 就告诉他是我干的 |
[08:03] | Not like he cared about his stupid sculpture. | 反正他也不在乎那傻不啦叽的雕塑 |
[08:06] | My sculpture! | 我的雕塑 |
[08:09] | Wow. Imagine how upset he’d be if he cared about it. | 哇 看看他在乎那雕塑时沮丧的样子 |
[08:13] | Tyler, are you okay? | 泰勒 你还好吗 |
[08:15] | No. Somebody broke my sculpture. | 不好 有人毁了我的雕塑 |
[08:19] | How did this happen? | 这怎么回事啊 |
[08:20] | I have no idea. I was standing over there. | 我不知道 我刚才站在那里 |
[08:22] | I was looking the other way. | 看着另一个方向 |
[08:23] | I was actually thinking of the origin of the word “Alibi.” | 我还在想“不在场证明”这个词的的词源 |
[08:26] | I believe it’s Latin. How would I know what happened? | 大概是拉丁语吧 我怎么会知道发生了什么 |
[08:29] | Look at it. There’s egg salad everywhere. | 看看它 鸡蛋沙拉撒得到处都是 |
[08:32] | I knew it! | 我就知道 |
[08:34] | Tyler, why are you so upset? | 泰勒 你怎么会这么难过呢 |
[08:36] | I’m sure you can get $200 somewhere else. | 你可以从别的地方得到二百块钱啊 |
[08:38] | This isn’t about the money. | 这和钱没有关系 |
[08:40] | I mean, it was when I started, | 我是说最开始是的 |
[08:42] | But then I got into it, | 但后来我开始喜欢艺术 |
[08:44] | And I thought it was so cool. | 觉得艺术太有意思了 |
[08:47] | I really felt like I was challenging expectations | 我真的觉得自己在评价艺术本身的本性的过程中 |
[08:49] | By commenting on the nature of art. | 挑战着人们的想象和期待 |
[08:51] | Seriously? | 真的假的 |
[08:54] | I mean, maybe you can fix it. | 我是说也许你可以修好它 |
[08:56] | I can’t fix it! | 不可能 |
[08:58] | Hey, what do you mean? | 嘿 说什么呢 |
[08:59] | All the pieces are attached again. | 每个部分又拼在一起了啊 |
[09:02] | Ooh, it still smells like egg salad. | 还是有股鸡蛋沙拉的味道 |
[09:04] | I think you’re good to go. | 上战场绰绰有余了 |
[09:05] | Are you kidding? Before, it was all smooth and sculpted. | 你开什么玩笑 最开始它可是有条不紊而又规整 |
[09:09] | Now it’s sticking out all over! | 看它现在张牙舞爪的样子 |
[09:11] | It’s like the bad hair day of art! | 真是艺术史上不如意的一天啊 |
[09:13] | Like when we took that family trip to Florida. | 就像我们去佛罗里达的家庭旅行 |
[09:16] | So much humidity. | 又热又潮 |
[09:22] | Well, um, maybe I can help you. | 也许我可以帮帮你 |
[09:24] | No! You can’t help me. | 不 你帮不了我 |
[09:27] | This isn’t my homework. | 这不是我的作业 |
[09:28] | Or untying the knots on | 也不是用你的小手 |
[09:30] | my necklaces with those tiny hands of yours. | 解开我项链上的绳结 |
[09:38] | Don’t feel bad. Your hands aren’t that small. | 没事 其实你的手没那么小 |
[09:40] | They fit your body. | 和你的身体很配 |
[09:47] | Dr. James, you are an inspiration. | 詹姆斯医生 你就是灵感 |
[09:50] | You have a thriving career, | 你有蒸蒸日上的事业 |
[09:51] | A loving family, and the confidence to drive | 甜蜜的家庭 以及驾驶 |
[09:54] | A lavender minivan. | 淡紫色小货车的自信 |
[09:57] | Uh, sorry, I don’t know what’s keeping Mrs. Jennings! | 对不起 真不知道詹宁斯夫人怎么这么慢 |
[10:01] | She’s been a little, uh– | 她有点 |
[10:03] | Well, someday you’ll know when you marry a woman. | 以后等你娶妻了就会懂了 |
[10:05] | Or construct one in your lab. Whatever your thing is. | 或者在你的实验室里造一个之类的 |
[10:11] | I’m so sorry to be late. | 实在对不起我迟到了 |
[10:13] | I just wanted to look nice for your painting. | 只是想为你的创作穿得好看点 |
[10:17] | I can’t tell: | 我简直不知道 |
[10:18] | Is it a lovely woman with a flower in her hair | 那是一位头戴花朵的美丽的女人 |
[10:20] | Or a beautiful flower with a woman stuck to it? | 还是镶着女人的美丽的花朵 |
[10:24] | You are such a dear. | 你嘴太甜了 |
[10:26] | What a lovely thing to say. | 说的多好啊 |
[10:29] | Okay, is this about when you | 好吧 你又在谴责我 |
[10:31] | Thought I didn’t acknowledge your beauty? | 不认可你的美丽吗 |
[10:33] | You’re entitled to your opinions. | 你可以坚持自己的意见 |
[10:35] | Honey, no. No, I’m really not. | 亲爱的 其实我不是那样的 |
[10:38] | Dr. James, if you could sit here. | 詹姆斯医生 如果你可以坐在这里 |
[10:40] | And mrs. Jennings, stand there in any pose that’s comfortable. | 詹宁斯夫人麻烦站在这里 任何一个姿势都行 |
[10:48] | Ellen, I hope you know how beautiful I think you are. | 艾伦 希望你知道你在我心中有多美 |
[10:51] | Well now you’re just saying | 你现在这样说 |
[10:52] | it because you know it’s what I want to hear. | 只是因为你意识到那是我想听的 |
[10:53] | Exactly. | 对啊 |
[10:56] | Ellen, wait. Where are you going? | 艾伦 等等 你去哪儿 |
[10:57] | To the drycleaner’s… | 去干洗店 |
[10:59] | Where women are appreciated. | 去那个女人能被欣赏的地方 |
[11:02] | You are really bad at this. | 你是真不知道怎么讨好女人 |
[11:09] | Hey, beautiful lady. | 嘿 美女 |
[11:11] | Uh, I don’t blame you for not picking up. | 我不是要怪你没帮我取衣服 |
[11:14] | But I think you’re gorgeous. | 但我真心觉得你太美了 |
[11:15] | Please give me the chance to tell you. | 给我个告诉你的机会 |
[11:17] | And if you’re still at the drycleaner’s, | 如果你还在干洗店那儿 |
[11:19] | could you see if my blue pants are ready. | 能不能看看我那件蓝裤子能取回来了吗 |
[11:24] | Are you busy? | 你忙吗 |
[11:25] | Uh, I’m just apologizing to your mother. | 就跟你妈道歉呢 |
[11:27] | Has she always been this needy? | 她一直都这么苛求赞美吗 |
[11:29] | You’re probably gonna want to end that call. | 你先把电话挂了吧 |
[11:31] | Oh! Uh, yeah. | 噢 对啊 |
[11:36] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[11:37] | Um, dad, what I say in here | 爸爸 这仅仅是 |
[11:40] | Stays between us, right? | 我们俩之间的对话 可以吗 |
[11:42] | Unless it’s really interesting, | 除非真的很有意思 |
[11:43] | And then I use it in one of my books. | 我还会把它用进我的书里 |
[11:45] | But don’t worry, I always change the name. | 但也别担心 我会换名字的 |
[11:48] | Wait, I was anxious Anne? | 等等 难道我是焦躁安妮 |
[11:50] | And Lashandra. | 以及拉珊德拉 |
[11:54] | Okay, totally confidential. | 好啦 绝对保密 |
[11:57] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事啦 |
[12:00] | I’m the one who broke Tyler’s sculpture. | 弄坏泰勒雕塑的人是我 |
[12:02] | What? | 什么 |
[12:03] | I got jealous and I went crazy. | 因为嫉妒我就失控了 |
[12:05] | Didn’t you ever do something | 难道你没有做过那种很傻的事 |
[12:07] | so stupid you wish you could take it back | 然后在发生的那一刻 |
[12:08] | the minute it happened? | 你就后悔了吗 |
[12:09] | Did you not just see me drop a phone in the water? | 没看见我把电话扔进水里了吗 |
[12:12] | Have you told Tyler? | 你告诉泰勒了吗 |
[12:14] | Well, that’s why I’m here. | 这就是我来找你的原因 |
[12:16] | I’m thinking it’s better not to tell him. | 我想不告诉他是不是更好 |
[12:18] | He doesn’t suspect me. Why get him all upset? | 他既然没有怀疑我 为什么还要让他更沮丧 |
[12:20] | So, you’re doing this for his good? | 这么说 你还是为他好咯 |
[12:23] | Yes! Totally selfless. | 对啊 多伟大啊 |
[12:24] | I knew you’d understand. Good talk. | 我知道你会理解我的 谢啦 |
[12:29] | And you won’t say a word, right? | 你会保密的 对吧 |
[12:30] | Of course not, hon. But I should tell you, | 当然啦亲爱的 但我还是要告诉你 |
[12:33] | People often come to see me as a psychologist | 人们找到我这个心理医生是为了 |
[12:35] | looking for justification for not doing something | 得到不做他们知道应该做的 |
[12:39] | they know they should do. | 某件事的理由 |
[12:41] | Exactly. That’s all I came in here for. | 没错 所以我才来 |
[12:45] | Ahh, lashandra. | 啊 拉珊德拉 |
[12:50] | What are we gonna do for our art project? | 我们做什么参加比赛呢 |
[12:52] | I don’t know. What do artists do? | 不知道 艺术家们一般做什么呢 |
[12:54] | They wait for inspiration. | 他们会等待灵感 |
[13:00] | Well, that’s not working. | 好吧 不起作用 |
[13:03] | I got an idea. | 我有个点子 |
[13:07] | So when is someone gonna come by to paint us? | 什么时候才会有人路过来画咱们呢 |
[13:10] | No. We are the painting. | 不用画 我们即是画 |
[13:13] | We’re gonna have to stand like this at the art competition | 我们要在在艺术比赛上这样站 |
[13:15] | for five hours. | 五个小时 |
[13:16] | How long have we been at it? | 我们站多久了 |
[13:17] | A minute and a half. | 一分半 |
[13:20] | Yeah, I’m done. | 我不干了 |
[13:24] | I got another idea! | 我有另一个点子 |
[13:30] | Well, what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[13:35] | Let me outta here! | 放我出去 |
[13:39] | Oh, Stan… | 噢 斯坦 |
[13:45] | Stan? You shed. | 斯坦 你掉毛吗 |
[13:47] | Do you ever find that it happens | 你有没有发现在你特别内疚 |
[13:49] | when you’re feeling guilty about something, or really stressed out? | 或是压力特别大的时候才会掉毛 |
[13:52] | For me, it’s more seasonal. | 对于我来说 掉毛是季节性的 |
[13:54] | Why do you ask? | 问这个干嘛 |
[13:57] | Aieee… | 哎哟 |
[13:59] | I think I’m feeling guilty about what I did to tyler. | 对于泰勒的事我现在特别内疚 |
[14:02] | And dad seems to think I should tell him. | 爸爸觉得我应该告诉他 |
[14:04] | Well, I’m no child psychologist, | 虽然我不是儿童心理学家 |
[14:06] | But I believe I said that to you when it happened! | 但我最开始也是这么告诉你的 最开始 |
[14:11] | Oh, I know. | 我知道 |
[14:12] | You’re right. Dad’s right. | 你是对的 爸爸也是对的 |
[14:14] | I guess I’m just gonna have to tell Tyler. | 我想我还是去告诉泰勒吧 |
[14:16] | Clearly, the guilt is too much for me to handle. | 很明显我已经受不了这份内疚了 |
[14:20] | Aieee. | 哎哟 |
[14:23] | Yeah, speaking from experience, if you keep shedding like that, | 凭我的经验 如果你一直掉头发 |
[14:25] | Your mom’s not gonna let you on the couch. | 你妈妈就不会让你上沙发了 |
[14:28] | I figured out who destroyed my sculpture! | 我知道谁毁了我的雕塑了 |
[14:31] | Tyler, I am so sorry… | 泰勒 真不好意思 |
[14:33] | – Karl Fink. – That Karl did that to you. | – 卡尔・芬克 – 是卡尔毁了你的雕塑 |
[14:36] | I’m gonna go let him have it right now. | 我现在就要让他尝尝苦头 |
[14:41] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[14:42] | Tyler, wait. | 泰勒等等 |
[14:45] | I did it. | 是我干的 |
[14:47] | I broke your sculpture. | 我弄坏了你的雕塑 |
[14:48] | – What?! – Look, it was a terrible thing to do, | – 什么 – 我知道这非常不对 |
[14:51] | And I feel awful. | 为此我特别难受 |
[14:55] | Aieee… | 哎哟 |
[14:58] | I can’t believe it was you! | 我简直不敢相信是你 |
[15:00] | I don’t know what got into me. I am so sorry. | 我不知道我怎么了 真的对不起 |
[15:03] | Is it because you’re angry | 你是因为看我 |
[15:04] | you’re losing your hair and I have so much? | 有这么多头发而你在掉头发所以气急败坏吗 |
[15:07] | I didn’t realize how much your sculpture meant to you. | 我不知道那雕塑对你来说那么重要 |
[15:11] | Well… | 那 |
[15:12] | Thanks for being honest. | 谢谢你的诚实 |
[15:16] | You did good, kid. | 做得好 孩子 |
[15:18] | You’re shedding in my kibble, | 你头发掉在我的狗粮里了 |
[15:20] | But you did good. | 但你还是做得好 |
[15:23] | Yeah. Tyler took that pretty well. | 对啊 泰勒好像接受了 |
[15:26] | Avery. | 艾芙莉 |
[15:30] | Someone ruined your painting. | 有人毁了你的画 |
[15:40] | What is wrong with you? | 你干什么啊 |
[15:41] | – Now we’re even. – We’re not even. | – 现在我们打平了 – 我们没有 |
[15:44] | Mine was unintentional… | 我不是故意的 |
[15:45] | Driven by petty jealousy, | 只是出于一点嫉妒 |
[15:47] | Mounting rage, | 外加一点生气 |
[15:48] | And a painful nose pimple inside the nostril. | 以及一个长在鼻孔里的超疼的青春痘 |
[15:52] | Yours was on purpose. | 而你是故意的 |
[15:54] | You started it! | 你先挑起来的 |
[15:58] | Re the pimple, you wanna try some of my cream from the vet? | 关于痘痘 要不要试一下兽医那儿拿来的面霜 |
[16:06] | Needy?! | 渴求赞美 |
[16:08] | I said “Sweetie.” | 我说的是“太美” |
[16:10] | – I picked up you pants. – Where are they? | – 我拿到你的裤子了 – 在哪儿啊 |
[16:12] | In the river. | 河里 |
[16:14] | By the way, I checked– | 另外 我发现 |
[16:16] | The drycleaner’s is chemical-free. | 那家干洗店是无化学添加的 |
[16:18] | So the winking is earned. | 所以他不可能被熏得眨眼睛 |
[16:19] | Well, of course it is, needy– | 当然啦 欠赞美的 |
[16:21] | Sweetie! | 太美了 |
[16:22] | Knockety, knockety. | 咚咚 咚咚 |
[16:25] | – Hi, Karl. – Hello, Karl. | – 你好 卡尔 – 你好 |
[16:28] | I wanted you to see the painting before it goes on display, | 我想让你们在比赛前看看这幅画 |
[16:30] | And I have to say I’m rather proud of it, | 我不得不说我为它感到骄傲 |
[16:33] | Although I can’t take all the credit. | 当然我不能独占所有的功劳 |
[16:35] | Nature made the masterpiece. | 是天成之美造就了巨作 |
[16:37] | I merely captured it on canvas. | 我只是把它捕捉在画布上而已 |
[16:40] | Pay attention, Bennett. | 注意力集中 班尼特 |
[16:41] | You’ll see how other people see me. | 看看别人怎么看我 |
[16:43] | Voila! | 瞧瞧 |
[16:47] | Oh, you’re as moved as I hoped you’d be. | 你们感动得像我想的那样 |
[16:49] | Can you believe I’ve never painted before? | 你们能相信我从没画过画吗 |
[16:51] | No. | 不能 |
[16:55] | I let you enjoy it until I take it to the park for judging. | 比赛前就放在这儿供你们欣赏吧 |
[16:58] | In the meantime, the space station is almost overhead, | 同时 空间站快运行到头顶上方了 |
[17:01] | And I’m going to my roof to wave. | 我要去我家屋顶招手啦 |
[17:02] | It’s my only father/son time. | 这是我唯一的父子时间 |
[17:05] | It’s not sad. | 一点都不忧伤 |
[17:10] | I can’t believe I was looking to some kid’s | 简直不敢相信我竟然期待着从小屁孩 |
[17:12] | Horrible painting of me for validation. | 画的我当中得到认可 |
[17:15] | I really am needy. | 我真是欠赞美 |
[17:17] | Oh, honey. No you’re not. | 噢 亲爱的 你不是 |
[17:18] | Bennett, I’m needy. Please give me that. | 班尼特 我的确渴求赞美 我是那样的 |
[17:20] | Ellen, you are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. | 艾伦 你是我见到过的最美的女人 |
[17:24] | Even in this horrible painting, | 哪怕在这幅可怕的画里 |
[17:26] | Your beauty shines through. | 你的美丽都如此闪耀 |
[17:28] | Oh, look at you. | 看看你 |
[17:30] | It’s like I’m falling in love all over again. | 像是我又再次坠入爱河了 |
[17:32] | That’s you. | 那才是你 |
[17:35] | I was pointing at that one. | 我指的是这个 |
[17:37] | The beautiful one. | 美丽的那个 |
[17:40] | My beauty does kind of shine through. | 我的美丽是有点闪耀 |
[17:42] | It does! Even Karl couldn’t help but capture it. | 当然啦 连卡尔都忍不住要捕捉下来 |
[17:45] | You’re just saying all this. | 你省省吧 |
[17:47] | No. I’m thinking about it very carefully, too. | 不 我是认真的 |
[17:51] | You really are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. | 你真的是我见过的最美丽的女人 |
[17:55] | And if you need to hear that again and again, | 如果你还想听 |
[17:58] | I’m fine with that. | 我愿意一遍又一遍地说 |
[18:02] | You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. | 你是我见过的最美丽的女人 |
[18:11] | Thanks to you, this horrible painting | 多亏了你 卡尔画了这可怕的画 |
[18:14] | Karl did of dad and some weird-looking dude | 画的是爸爸和一个长得怪怪的伙计 |
[18:16] | Is probably gonna win the contest. | 大概要赢得比赛了 |
[18:18] | Tyler, I’m done apologizing. | 泰勒我道过歉了 |
[18:20] | I don’t know what else I can say. | 我不知道我还能说什么 |
[18:23] | But meanwhile, you haven’t apologized once for what you did. | 同时 你还没为你的所作所为给我道歉呢 |
[18:26] | What I did was justice. | 我所做的是公正的 |
[18:28] | What you did was stupid. | 明明愚蠢至极 |
[18:30] | You’re just mad ’cause everyone liked it. | 因为所有人都喜欢所以你就抓狂了 |
[18:32] | Ow, you just hit me in my nose pimple! | 嗷 你打到我鼻子里的痘痘了 |
[18:35] | Hey, hey, hey! Knock it off! Knock it off! | 嘿 停下 停下 |
[18:38] | What is going on here? | 怎么了这是 |
[18:39] | – She broke my sculpture! – Then he punched my painting! | – 她毁了我的雕塑 – 然后他砸了我的画 |
[18:41] | Kids, sit down. | 孩子们坐下 |
[18:45] | Listen. | 听着 |
[18:46] | You guys are gonna have a lot of relationships in your life. | 你们俩这辈子将会与很多人建立联系 |
[18:50] | Friends, romances, | 朋友 爱人 |
[18:53] | Over-attentive drycleaners. | 迷人的干洗工 |
[18:56] | But you’re brother and sister now. | 但是你们成为了兄妹 |
[18:57] | The one relationship that you two are always gonna have, | 哪怕在爸爸妈妈百年以后 |
[19:01] | Long after you mom and I are both gone, is each other. | 都永远不会改变的 就是你们彼此的关系 |
[19:05] | But what if we don’t get along? | 但如果我们合不来呢 |
[19:07] | Like you and uncle bob? | 就像你和鲍勃叔叔一样 |
[19:08] | Exactly. | 对啊 |
[19:10] | Now, my brother and I, | 现在我弟弟和我 |
[19:12] | We haven’t spoken in four years. | 已经四年没说话了 |
[19:15] | And that breaks my heart. | 那伤透了我的心 |
[19:16] | You can’t let that happen. | 你们不能这样 |
[19:17] | You two need each other more than you think you do. | 你们比想象中更需要彼此 |
[19:20] | Your sculpture and your painting, | 你的雕塑还有你的画 |
[19:23] | They can’t be fixed. | 它们都不能被修复了 |
[19:25] | This can. | 但这个可以 |
[19:29] | You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. | 你是我见过的最美丽的女人 |
[19:31] | Keep it comin’. | 继续 |
[19:34] | Work it out. | 和好吧 |
[19:42] | I’m sorry I punched your painting. | 对不起我砸了你的画 |
[19:45] | I’m sorry I broke your sculpture. | 对不起我毁了你的雕塑 |
[19:48] | It’s just… | 只是因为 |
[19:50] | I’ve done art my whole life. | 我一辈子都在搞艺术 |
[19:52] | You just started yesterday, | 而你昨天才开始 |
[19:54] | And you were this big hit. | 然后就引起那么大的轰动 |
[19:56] | Everything comes so easily to you. | 你做每件事都那么轻松 |
[20:00] | Guess I’ve just always been jealous of that. | 看来我一直都很嫉妒 |
[20:02] | You’re jealous of me? | 你嫉妒我 |
[20:04] | I’ve always coveted what you have. | 我总是觊觎你所拥有的 |
[20:06] | You’re smart, driven, focused. | 你聪明 勤奋 专注 |
[20:09] | I even learned the word “Coveted” just so I could keep up with you. | 我甚至刚才学的“觊觎”这个词 怕被你盖过风头 |
[20:14] | You’re gonna be able to do anything you want with your life. | 你完全可以做你这辈子中想做的一切 |
[20:16] | So will you. | 你也是 |
[20:19] | I’m glad you’re my sister. | 真高兴你是我妹妹 |
[20:23] | I’m glad you’re my brother. | 真高兴你是我哥哥 |
[20:27] | Wait, do you think the dude in the painting is uncle bob? | 等等 你觉得这伙计是鲍勃叔叔吗 |
[20:32] | Hello, bickering stepsiblings. | 你们好 拌嘴的兄妹 |
[20:34] | I’m here to pick up my masterpiece. | 我是来拿回我的巨作的 |
[20:36] | I understand the world has been spared the monstrosities | 我知道这个世界充斥着太多被你们称作“艺术”的 |
[20:39] | you two call “Art.” | 诡异的东西 |
[20:43] | How delightful! | 太赞了 |
[20:44] | It’s like having siblings of my own. | 就像拥有自己的兄弟姐妹一样 |
[20:53] | Oh! Mrs. Jennings! | 噢 詹宁斯夫人 |
[20:55] | Come to enjoy the victory of our joint artistic creation? | 你是来享受我们合作的艺术创作的胜利吗 |
[20:58] | Actually, I’m here with chloe. | 我是陪克洛伊来的 |
[21:00] | She’s entered something in the competition herself. | 她带来了自己的作品 |
[21:02] | Oh! Isn’t that cute? | 噢 太可爱了 |
[21:03] | The little crimson crumb-snatcher. | 那个深红色的小淘气包 |
[21:06] | Karl, is your mother here? | 卡尔 你妈妈在这里吗 |
[21:07] | You know, it is so strange we’ve never met. | 很奇怪我们从来没见过面 |
[21:09] | Oh, she can’t be here now. | 她现在不能来 |
[21:11] | This is when she feeds. | 她在进食 |
[21:14] | That’s not frightening. | 并没有那么可怕 |
[21:17] | Ladies and gentlemen, we are prepared | 女士们先生们 我们接下来 |
[21:19] | To declare a winner. | 要宣布我们的冠军 |
[21:20] | And the winner is… | 冠军就是 |
[21:23] | Chole James… | 克洛伊・詹姆斯 |
[21:24] | Why? | 为什么 |
[21:25] | For her entry, Modern Art. | 她的作品是“现代艺术” |
[21:32] | No! No, no, no! | 不 不 不 |
[21:34] | That’s not art. It’s a dog! | 那不是艺术 只是只狗 |
[21:38] | I just wiped my hands on him. | 我只是在他身上擦了颜色 |
[21:39] | Next thing I knew, he was this. | 然后 他就变成这样了 |
[21:43] | Don’t look, father! | 父亲 别看 |
[21:45] | No! Don’t look! | 不 别看 |
[21:48] | So, Chloe won the art competition, | 所以 克洛伊赢得了艺术比赛 |
[21:51] | Avery and Tyler patched things up, | 艾芙莉和泰勒也和好了 |
[21:53] | And Karl’s portrait of bennett and that weird-looking dude | 卡尔画的爸爸和怪怪的伙计 |
[21:55] | is hanging at the drycleaner’s. | 被挂在干洗店里 |
[21:57] | So everybody won… except me. | 所以每个人都赢了 除了我 |
[22:00] | Nobody told me that the winning piece of artwork | 没人告诉我胜出的作品 |
[22:02] | Had to spend a week on display at the Pasadena Art Museum. | 要在帕萨迪纳艺术博物馆展览一周 |