时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | nzmz818@gmail.com | 合作邮箱 |
[00:41] | Are you watching me sleep? | 你在看我睡觉吗 |
[00:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[00:45] | Don’t do that. It’s creepy. | 别这样 太吓人了 |
[00:47] | Well, I’ll never do it again, | 好吧 没有下次了 |
[00:48] | since you won’t be sleeping here anymore. | 因为你之后也不会睡在这里了 |
[00:50] | Are you telling me to go back to the boardinghouse? | 难道要我回寄宿处睡吗 |
[00:52] | I’m just saying you won’t be sleeping in my bed | 我只是说你跟我哥哥结婚后 |
[00:54] | when you and my… brother get married. | 就不能再睡在我床上了 |
[01:03] | By the way… | 还有 |
[01:05] | you know Austin eats cookies at night? | 奥斯汀会在晚上吃饼干 |
[01:07] | Crumbs go everywhere. | 饼干渣到处都是 |
[01:12] | I wanna go back to sleep. | 我想回来和你睡 |
[01:14] | I can’t sleep with you next to me. | 我不能和你一起睡 |
[01:17] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[01:19] | Because there’s, like, this… | 因为… |
[01:23] | rumbling. | 有隆隆响声 |
[01:25] | And it rumbles and rumbles. | 一直在响 |
[01:33] | Do you mean I snore? | 你是说我打鼾吗 |
[01:39] | I wish I could just marry you. | 真希望我能娶你 |
[01:42] | You’d be a terrible husband. | 那你肯定是个糟糕的丈夫 |
[01:43] | How can you say that? | 你怎么能这么说 |
[01:45] | You have no practical skills. | 你没有任何生存技能 |
[01:47] | And you’re too small to fend off enemies. | 也不够强壮赶走敌人 |
[01:49] | Okay, fine. | 行吧 |
[01:52] | But I bet I’d look good in a suit. | 但我穿上西装肯定很帅 |
[01:56] | Here’s an idea. | 我有个想法 |
[01:58] | Let’s just run all the way to the edge of the earth and… | 我们一起跑到世界尽头吧 |
[02:02] | fall off. | 然后跳下去 |
[02:05] | Sounds nice. | 不错 |
[02:11] | Morning, ladies. | 早上好 女士们 |
[02:13] | What a beautiful day to dig into some paralegal work | 美好一天从研究法律助理的工作开始 |
[02:16] | and embrace the rest of our lives here. | 然后剩下的时间享受生活 |
[02:19] | I don’t know how the two of you fit into such a tiny bed. | 你俩是怎么挤在这张小床上的 |
[02:23] | Hey, Emily, shouldn’t you be downstairs helping Mother? | 艾米莉 你该下楼帮妈做家务了 |
[02:27] | Nope. That’s why we got a maid. | 不 我们有女佣了 |
[02:29] | Fire! Fire! | 着火了 着火了 |
[02:48] | What is going on? | 怎么了 |
[02:49] | Maggie burned the bread. | 玛吉把面包烤糊了 |
[02:51] | Just the first loaf, madam. | 就烤糊了第一条 夫人 |
[02:53] | Old Irish custom. | 爱尔兰的老传统 |
[02:55] | That’s kind of fun. I love that. | 真有趣 我喜欢 |
[02:58] | I hope you’re not accident-prone. | 希望你不是个惹祸精 |
[03:01] | I’ve only killed four husbands. | 我也就杀过四任丈夫 |
[03:02] | I sense that you’re going to bring chaos into this home. | 我感觉你会让这个家更乱的 |
[03:05] | Morning, everyone. I got the water. | 各位早上好 我打好水了 |
[03:07] | Thank you, Vinnie. | 谢谢 温尼 |
[03:10] | Now, Emily, would you help Maggie | 艾米莉 你能帮玛吉 |
[03:12] | bake a new loaf of bread, please? | 再烤一条面包出来吗 |
[03:13] | Mother, what part of “We got a maid” don’t you understand? | 妈妈 难道你不明白我们请女佣的意义吗 |
[03:17] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[03:18] | The whole reason we got Maggie was so I don’t have to do chores. | 有了玛吉我就不用再做这些家务活了 |
[03:21] | So I can just have time to myself. | 我就可以拥有自己的时间了 |
[03:26] | Time to yourself? To do what? | 你自己的时间 用来干吗 |
[03:28] | To take dictation from God. | 来传达上帝的旨意 |
[03:31] | My sister’s a poet. | 我姐姐是个诗人 |
[03:33] | Poetry. I’ve written some poems myself. | 诗歌啊 我自己也写过诗 |
[03:36] | – Have you? – Yes. | -是吗 -是的 |
[03:37] | Mostly limericks. | 大多是打油诗 |
[03:39] | The limerick scene in Dublin is pretty wild. | 都柏林的打油诗可是很奔放 |
[03:42] | Well, it’s nearly eight o’clock. | 好了 快八点了 |
[03:44] | The gentlemen are getting hungry. | 先生们该饿了 |
[03:45] | Somebody’s gonna have to get their breakfast ready. | 需要有人准备好早餐 |
[03:48] | I suppose it’ll have to be me. | 看来只能是我了 |
[03:50] | Oh, no, madam. Don’t be absurd. | 不 夫人 别傻了 |
[03:52] | I’ll take care of everything. | 我会搞定一切的 |
[03:54] | You just sit down and relax. | 你只管放松坐好 |
[03:57] | She doesn’t know how to relax. | 她可不懂怎样放松 |
[03:59] | When a leaf falls in the fireplace upstairs, | 有片树叶掉进楼上壁炉 |
[04:01] | she has a panic attack. | 她都能恐慌发作 |
[04:02] | A leaf fell in the fireplace? | 有树叶掉进壁炉里 |
[04:05] | Dad, do you really think the Whig Party can survive? | 爸 你真觉得辉格党还能撑住吗 |
[04:07] | I certainly hope so, | 我当然希望了 |
[04:08] | since I’m running for Congress as a Whig. | 因为我就是作为辉格党一员去竞选国会 |
[04:10] | It just feels like no one | 只是感觉 |
[04:11] | in this country can agree on anything anymore. | 民众在任何方面都不能达成共识 |
[04:14] | It does appear we’ve gotten a bit polarized. | 的确是有些两极分化 |
[04:16] | Morning, Dad! | 早上好 爸爸 |
[04:17] | Good morning, my beloved. | 早上好 亲爱的 |
[04:19] | – Morning. – How did you sleep, my darling? | -早 -睡得还好吗 亲爱的 |
[04:21] | Let’s see what’s in the paper. | 看看报纸上写了什么 |
[04:23] | Oh, no! They don’t even have the big news. | 天啊 竟然没有重大新闻 |
[04:26] | What big news? | 什么重大新闻 |
[04:27] | The caterpillar in my garden turned into a butterfly. | 花园里的毛毛虫变成了蝴蝶 |
[04:30] | You’re so weird. | 你真奇怪 |
[04:31] | We need more hot water. | 去倒点热水 |
[04:32] | – Hey, Maggie! – You called? | -玛吉 -你叫我 |
[04:34] | Yeah, more hot water for Mr. Dickinson, please. | 是的 请给狄金森先生倒点热水 |
[04:37] | Yes, miss. Right away. | 好的小姐 马上来 |
[04:40] | There’s a famous geologist giving a lecture today. | 今天有个著名地质学家的讲座 |
[04:42] | He just got back from a lab on Mount Vesuvius. | 他刚从维苏威火山的实验室回来 |
[04:45] | A laboratory on a volcano? | 一个建在火山上的实验室 |
[04:47] | That is the coolest thing I’ve ever heard. | 这是我听过最厉害的事了 |
[04:49] | Yes, Professor Hitchcock. | 是的 希契科克教授 |
[04:50] | Star of the Harvard science department until we poached him. | 哈佛科学系的风云人物 我们把他挖过来了 |
[04:53] | Big win for Amherst. | 阿默斯特镇的大好事 |
[04:54] | Austin, you should go. | 奥斯汀 你应该去听 |
[04:57] | Oh, no, I’m good. | 不 不用了 |
[04:58] | What? How can you miss this? | 什么 你怎么能错过呢 |
[05:00] | I graduated a year ago, Dad. | 我一年前毕业了 父亲 |
[05:01] | I’ve had enough lectures. | 我听够讲座了 |
[05:03] | I’ll go. | 我去 |
[05:04] | No. | 不行 |
[05:05] | – Well, why not? – I believe you know why not. | -为什么不行 -我想你知道为什么 |
[05:07] | I have the hot water, Edward. | 热水来了 爱德华 |
[05:08] | Will you please tell your wife to sit down? | 能请你妻子坐下吗 |
[05:11] | I’m the maid, I’ll do the chores. | 我是女佣 杂活我来干 |
[05:13] | That is, if she’ll let me. | 如果她让我干的话 |
[05:14] | Now, please do have a seat, dear. | 坐下吧 亲爱的 |
[05:16] | I’ve tried sitting down. | 我试过坐下了 |
[05:17] | It didn’t agree with me. | 但我坐不住 |
[05:18] | Why can’t women go to the lecture? | 为什么女性不能去听讲座 |
[05:21] | Professor Hitchcock was hired to teach students at the college, | 希契科克教授是请来教学院里的学生的 |
[05:24] | not girls who live in the town. | 不是小镇少女 |
[05:25] | Well, so why can’t I go to the college? | 那我为什么不能去学院 |
[05:28] | I wrote about it in my essay, “On the Proper Place of Women.” | 我的论说文《论女性出入的合适场所》里写了 |
[05:30] | You did read my essay, didn’t you? | 你看过了吗 |
[05:33] | – I skimmed it. – All right, well, let me summarize. | -略读了一下 -好吧 我给你总结一下 |
[05:35] | A woman should receive an education, to be sure. | 女性应该接受教育 这点无疑 |
[05:38] | But that education should not be the same as a man’s. | 但教育不应该与男性所接受的一致 |
[05:42] | And why should it | 为什么呢 |
[05:44] | when the role for which she is being trained is so very different? | 女性和男性要扮演的角色本就不同 |
[05:47] | Look, an education prepares one for a career. | 你看啊 男性教育是为了大展宏图 |
[05:49] | And the career of a woman is in the home. | 而女性的教育是为了相夫教子 |
[05:51] | Well, what if I want to learn about volcanoes | 那如果我想学习火山的知识 |
[05:53] | so that I can entertain guests when they come over? | 好在招待客人时 娱乐大家呢 |
[05:56] | Well, I see you are in a silly mood this morning, my girl. | 我看你今早有点傻里傻气的 丫头 |
[05:58] | Alas, I have work. | 唉 我要工作了 |
[06:01] | Edward? | 爱德华 |
[06:03] | Might I have a word? | 我能和你说几句吗 |
[06:05] | A quick one, I suppose. In my office. | 说快点 应该可以 来我办公室 |
[06:09] | You too. | 你也是 |
[06:12] | I drank way too much coffee. | 我喝太多咖啡了 |
[06:13] | It’s just not fair. | 不公平 |
[06:15] | There’s so much I wanna learn, | 我想学好多好多东西 |
[06:17] | and I can’t just go and get taught. | 但我竟然不能去学 |
[06:19] | I have to | 我只能 |
[06:20] | steal random bits of knowledge when no one else is looking. | 没人盯着我的时候 偷学点东西 |
[06:23] | I wouldn’t stress out about it. School is boring. | 我就不会生气 学校无聊死了 |
[06:25] | It wouldn’t be boring for me because my brain works. | 我就不会觉得无聊 因为我脑子灵光 |
[06:29] | Hey, that’s not nice. Besides, we couldn’t allow girls at school. | 嘿 伤我心了啊 再说 学校不收女学生 |
[06:34] | It’d be too distracting. | 那就太让人分心了 |
[06:36] | I just wanna go to this lecture. | 我好想去这个讲座啊 |
[06:38] | Well, I want to go look over the blueprints for the new house | 我想去看父亲为我们新房子 |
[06:40] | that Father is making for us. | 设计的蓝图 |
[06:42] | It’s going to be a romantic Italian villa. So pimp. | 浪漫的意式别墅风格 淫荡 |
[06:47] | Sue, would you accompany me to visit the architect? | 苏 你要陪我去拜访建筑师吗 |
[06:50] | She can’t, actually. | 她不能 |
[06:53] | We have plans. | 我们有约了 |
[06:54] | – Plans for what? – Girl stuff. | -什么约 -女孩的事 |
[06:57] | And I told Mrs. Packard | 我答应帕卡德 |
[06:58] | I’d help sort through her dead husband’s things. | 我会帮她整理亡夫遗物 |
[07:00] | Why is that your job? | 为什么找你 |
[07:02] | It’s payment for my room and board. | 抵我在那吃住的钱 |
[07:03] | And she can’t bear to touch them in her grief. | 她过于悲伤 不忍整理遗物 |
[07:07] | Fine. If we must be separate today… | 好吧 如果我们今天只能分开的话 |
[07:10] | Yes? | 怎么 |
[07:11] | You can’t forget about our little ritual. | 你不能忘了我们的小仪式 |
[07:14] | What ritual? | 什么仪式 |
[07:16] | Just this thing we do where we | 就是晚祷钟响时 |
[07:17] | both eat a chestnut at the ring of the vesper bell. | 我们在吃栗子的地方做的事 |
[07:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:22] | I’ll do it too. | 我也来 |
[07:23] | No. Just me and Sue. | 不 就我和苏 |
[07:25] | Chestnut at the vesper bell. You can’t stop me. | 晚祷钟时吃栗子 你拦不住我的 |
[07:29] | Haven’t I been a good wife to you? | 我不是个好妻子吗 |
[07:32] | What in the world? Of course you have. | 这是怎么了 你当然是 |
[07:34] | Haven’t I kept the house immaculate | 我没有打扫干净屋子 |
[07:36] | and cooked meals that | 没有备好 |
[07:37] | ranged from adequate to downright appetizing? | 热乎乎开胃又美味的饭菜吗 |
[07:40] | Of course. | 当然有 |
[07:41] | Of course, all of that. Since the day we were married. | 当然有 结婚以来你都做得很好 |
[07:44] | Well, then, why, Edward? | 那为什么 爱德华 |
[07:46] | Why? Why have you insisted that we hire a maid? | 为什么 为什么要坚持雇女佣 |
[07:52] | Oh, my dear, I just thought that… | 亲爱的 我只是觉得 |
[07:54] | a family of our station, I mean, | 我们家这个地位 |
[07:56] | it’s utterly expected that we should have help. | 雇个女佣也是理所当然的 |
[07:59] | You have help. You have Henry, the stable hands. | 有人帮你啊 你有亨利当你的马夫 |
[08:02] | If you want a butler, a footman, well, get one. | 如果你想要个男管家 男仆 你找就是 |
[08:07] | But I have never wanted any help. | 但我不需要人帮我 |
[08:09] | I thought you were satisfied with my efforts. | 我以为你很满意我打理一切 |
[08:13] | I just can’t explain it. Unless… | 我就是想不通 除非 |
[08:19] | Unless you just think we need Maggie because I’m not good enough. | 除非你是觉得我不够好 所以才需要玛吉 |
[08:23] | No. No, my dear, I promise you. | 不不 亲爱的 我发誓 |
[08:26] | It isn’t that. Not in the slightest. | 不是这样的 完全不是 |
[08:29] | Then tell me, what prompted this? | 那告诉我 为什么要雇女佣 |
[08:31] | Enough of this interrogation. | 够了 别问了 |
[08:33] | I hired a maid | 我雇女佣 |
[08:34] | because I thought it was best for the family. Full stop. | 因为我觉得这样对我们家是最好的 就这样 |
[08:41] | No. You did it for her. | 不 是因为她 |
[08:44] | She talked you into it. Well, she is very good with words. | 她说服了你 她牙尖嘴利 |
[08:48] | Well, I may not be as eloquent as she is, | 我可能不如她那么有口才 |
[08:50] | Edward, but I’m telling you this: | 爱德华 我告诉你 |
[08:52] | You’re indulging her. She’s not learning her proper place. | 你太宠她了 她不知道自己该站在什么位置 |
[08:57] | And getting a maid is hardly going to help. | 雇女佣根本帮不上忙 |
[09:01] | It’s just… | 就 |
[09:03] | Just what? | 就什么 |
[09:05] | It’s just, the kitchen was kinda… my thing. | 就 厨房是我的… 天地 |
[09:18] | What about this blue silk? | 这件青丝绒的怎么样 |
[09:21] | Do you think the hips are wide enough? | 你觉得臀部那边够宽吗 |
[09:22] | I wanna look really fertile for you-know-who. | 我想”那个人”觉得我很能生养 |
[09:25] | Oh, no, Vinnie, don’t tell me | 哦不 温尼 可别告诉我 |
[09:27] | you still got eyes for that Joseph Lyman. | 你还对那个约瑟夫·莱曼有意思 |
[09:30] | Betty, don’t tell. Betty knows all my secrets. | 贝蒂 别说出来呀 贝蒂知道我所有的秘密 |
[09:32] | Well, you’re in here once a week. And you sure can talk. | 你每周都来这 而且特别能说 |
[09:38] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[09:39] | That one’s spoken for. | 那件有主人了 |
[09:42] | Custom piece I’m making for Jane Humphrey. | 是我为简·汉弗莱量身裁制的裙子 |
[09:45] | Oh, my gosh. | 哦 我的天呐 |
[09:46] | Jane Humphrey has the best taste. | 简·汉弗莱品位太好了 |
[09:48] | She always looks so ample. | 她看上去永远那么丰满 |
[09:50] | Jane Humphrey is a snob. And she’s in love with Austin. | 简·汉弗莱是个势利小人 而且她还爱上了奥斯汀 |
[09:54] | From what I hear, a lot of girls in this town fancy your brother. | 据我所知 镇上有很多姑娘倾心于你哥哥 |
[09:57] | Yeah. Well, it’s too bad for them. | 是啊 那她们可太倒霉了 |
[09:59] | He’s marrying Sue. | 他要和苏结婚了 |
[10:01] | – Emily… – Is that so? | -艾米莉 -真的吗 |
[10:03] | Sorry, I forgot it’s a secret. | 抱歉 我忘了这是个秘密 |
[10:05] | Oh, no, I know how to keep a secret. Don’t you worry. | 没事 我很会保守秘密 你别担心 |
[10:07] | Congratulations, Sue! | 恭喜呀 苏 |
[10:09] | I suppose I’ll be making you a wedding dress? | 或许我可以给你制作结婚礼服 |
[10:13] | I don’t think I can afford you. | 我支付不起这笔费用 |
[10:15] | She might not even go through with it. | 她可能都坚持不到婚礼呢 |
[10:17] | Emily! Stop. | 艾米莉 别说了 |
[10:19] | Well, you’ll be making my wedding dress, Betty, for sure. | 你一定要给我做结婚礼服呀 贝蒂 一言为定 |
[10:23] | Are you getting married? | 你要结婚了吗 |
[10:25] | Someday. | 总有一天会的 |
[10:26] | Don’t be too sure, Vinnie. | 别这么肯定 温尼 |
[10:28] | Remember what that fortune-teller said? | 还记得那个算命先生怎么说的吗 |
[10:30] | I told you never to talk about what that fortune-teller said. | 我告诉过你不要再提那个算命先生的话 |
[10:39] | God, there are more clothes in here than at Betty’s dress shop. | 天哪 这里的衣服比贝蒂服装店的还多 |
[10:41] | Yeah, and we have to sort through all of them. | 是啊 我们得把它们都整理好 |
[10:44] | Look, Sue, I’m traveling the world. | 看呐 苏 我在周游世界 |
[10:47] | I thought you were supposed to be helping. | 我还以为你是来帮忙的呢 |
[10:51] | Isn’t it funny how this whole big Earth exists, | 这难道不好笑吗 世界如此广阔 |
[10:53] | and we’ll probably never see any of it besides Amherst? | 而我们却只能在阿默斯特这一隅之地 |
[10:56] | I’ve been to Geneva, New York. | 我去过日内瓦 纽约 |
[10:58] | My aunt used to live there. | 我姑妈以前住在那里 |
[11:01] | Did she move? | 她搬走了吗 |
[11:02] | No. She died. | 不 她去世了 |
[11:05] | I wanna see a real volcano. | 我想去看看真正的火山 |
[11:07] | You’d have to leave Massachusetts for that. | 那你得离开马萨诸塞州才能看到 |
[11:12] | Let me see the hat. | 让我看看那顶帽子 |
[11:17] | – How do I look? – Handsome. | -我看上去如何 -英气逼人 |
[11:23] | Check me out. I’m a man. | 看我 我是个男人 |
[11:25] | I do what I want. I go where I want. | 我可以随心所欲 浪迹天涯 |
[11:27] | I have the right to vote. I can legally own property. | 我有权投票 我可以合法拥有财产 |
[11:30] | I study volcanoes in a lab on Mount Vesuvius. | 我能在维苏威山上的实验室研究火山 |
[11:36] | Sue, I have an idea. | 苏 我有个想法 |
[11:39] | What? | 什么 |
[11:40] | Let’s put these clothes on and sneak into that lecture. | 我们穿上这些衣服 溜进去去听讲座吧 |
[11:43] | – That’s silly. We can’t. – Why not? | -别胡说了 不行 -为什么不 |
[11:45] | It’s the sort of thing that works in a story | 那是故事里才会发生的桥段 |
[11:47] | but does not work in real life. | 现实生活中根本行不通 |
[11:48] | Oh, come on. What is the worst that could happen? | 得了吧 被发现又能怎样 |
[11:52] | We could embarrass ourselves. | 我们会很丢脸的 |
[11:55] | Well, I am willing to take that risk. | 好吧 我愿意冒这个险 |
[11:57] | I mean, it really is absurd that we can’t go. | 不让我们去真是太荒唐了 |
[12:00] | What are they so afraid of? | 他们到底在害怕什么 |
[12:01] | Maybe they’re scared if they teach us how the world works | 也许他们害怕我们了解世界法则之后 |
[12:03] | we’ll figure out how to take over. | 我们会主导一切 |
[12:08] | Hey. Do up my tie. | 帮我系领带 |
[12:11] | *Ay, boy, whatcha say, boy* | *嗨 小子 你在说什么* |
[12:12] | *You tryna play coy like a Gameboy* | *你声音小得像个死肥宅* |
[12:15] | *Hit my phone boy, is you home boy* | *快给我打电话 你到底在不在家* |
[12:17] | *Are you alone boy? Come give me dome, boy* | *你是否一个人 快来一起快活* |
[12:19] | *Got a boy with degrees, a boy in the streets* | *一个学院小书生 一个街头小混混* |
[12:21] | *A boy on his knees, he a man in the sheets* | *一个跪地求饶 一个床上称王* |
[12:23] | *Sheesh, it’s all Greek to me* | *切 我对这些都一窍不通* |
[12:25] | *Got this boy speaking Spanish, ay Papi* | *只想让这男孩 用西语叫爹* |
[12:29] | *Boy* | *男孩们* |
[12:31] | *Make a girl go crazy* | *把女孩迷得神魂颠倒* |
[12:37] | *Boy* | *男孩们* |
[12:39] | *Make a girl go crazy* | *把女孩迷得七荤八素* |
[12:42] | *I like big boys, itty bitty boys* | *我喜欢大块头 小个子也不赖* |
[12:45] | *Mississippi boys, inner city boys * | *喜欢密西西比男孩 还有城市里的仔* |
[12:47] | *I like the pretty boys with the bow tie* | *我喜欢漂亮男孩 打着小领带* |
[12:49] | *Get your nails did, let it blow dry* | *做个美甲 把它吹干* |
[12:51] | *I like a big beard, I like a clean face* | *我喜欢大胡子 也喜欢小白脸* |
[12:53] | *I don’t discriminate, come and get a taste * | *类型我都不挑 全都是我的菜* |
[12:55] | *From the playboys to the gay boys* | *从花花公子到基圈天菜* |
[12:57] | *Go and slay boys, you my fave boys* | *快来快活呀 都是我的爱* |
[13:01] | We look ridiculous. | 我们看起来太傻了 |
[13:02] | You’d have to be pretty stupid to fall for this. | 得多蠢才会爱这身打扮啊 |
[13:05] | You thinking what I’m thinking? | 你和我想的一样吗 |
[13:07] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[13:08] | Boys are stupid. | 男人好蠢 |
[13:22] | Emily… | 艾米莉 |
[13:25] | Professor Shepard said if it doesn’t rain, | 谢泼德教授说如果不下雨 |
[13:27] | we can have class outside. | 我们在室外上课 |
[13:29] | Class outside! | 室外课 |
[13:31] | Class outside! | 室外课 |
[13:35] | This might not work. | 这样可能不行 |
[13:40] | Emily Dickinson? | 艾米莉·狄金森 |
[13:40] | No. No. | 不 你认错了 |
[13:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:44] | Then who are you, young man? | 请问尊姓大名啊 小伙子 |
[13:46] | I… am… Lysander Periwinkle. | 我是莱桑德·佩里温克尔 |
[13:51] | And this here is Sir Tybalt Butterfly. | 这位是提伯特·巴特弗莱[蝴蝶]先生 |
[13:58] | We are scholars of science and nature. | 我们是自然科学学者 |
[14:02] | We just wanna hear the lecture. | 我们只是想听听这个讲座 |
[14:04] | Please don’t tell anyone. | 请别告诉别人 |
[14:05] | Your secret’s safe with me. | 我会保密的 |
[14:07] | Thanks, George. | 谢谢你 乔治 |
[14:07] | Hey, Hitchcock’s the best. | 希契科克最棒了 |
[14:10] | You’re gonna love it. | 你们一定会喜欢的 |
[14:11] | You weird, beautiful boy. | 你这个奇怪的 漂亮男孩 |
[14:15] | What’s up, | 怎么了 |
[14:15] | you weird, beautiful boy? | 你这个奇怪的 漂亮男孩 |
[14:19] | When Mount Vesuvius erupted in 79 AD, | 当维苏威火山于公元79年爆发时 |
[14:25] | the city of Pompeii was destroyed, | 整座庞贝城毁于一旦 |
[14:30] | buried in ash. | 被火山灰掩埋 |
[14:33] | The inhabitants of the city, | 这座城市的居民 |
[14:35] | their objects and possessions, | 以及他们的物品和财产 |
[14:38] | were all immobilized, | 都被封存 |
[14:41] | frozen in time. | 永恒冻结 |
[14:43] | You never know when a volcano will erupt. | 我们永远无法预测火山什么时候会喷发 |
[14:47] | We lived in constant danger in the laboratory. | 实验室的日子暗藏危机 |
[14:52] | The pressure beneath us building… | 我们下方的压力在不断累积 |
[14:58] | building. | 聚集 |
[15:01] | We could sense it. | 我们能感知到它 |
[15:04] | But we could not control it. | 但我们无法控制它 |
[15:08] | And now, a demonstration. | 现在 我们来演示一下 |
[15:11] | Would my teaching assistant, | 我的教学助理 |
[15:13] | George Gould, please join me up here. | 乔治·古尔德 请上来协助我 |
[15:18] | Mr. Gould will now dazzle us with his own model volcano. | 古尔德先生将用他的火山模型让我们大开眼界 |
[15:33] | Here we have a model volcano made of clay. | 这里有一个黏土制作的火山模型 |
[15:37] | I’m gonna pour in five ounces of water. | 我将倒入五盎司水 |
[15:43] | One ounce of sulfuric acid. | 一盎司硫酸 |
[15:45] | Beneath the surface of placid rock | 表面平静的山石 |
[15:49] | lurks the seething, boiling substance known as magma. | 内部潜藏着沸腾炽热的岩浆 |
[15:55] | And about three-quarters of an ounce of granulated zinc. | 再加入3/4盎司的粒状锌 |
[16:03] | Angry magma builds up in secret, far, far underground, | 汹涌岩浆在地幔深处悄然堆积 |
[16:10] | until one day, out of nowhere, | 直到有天 突然之间 |
[16:15] | a sleeping mountain becomes a… | 沉睡山谷变成… |
[16:19] | How can I describe this? | 怎么描述呢 |
[16:30] | – Becomes a fiery beast! – Emily! | -变成炙热猛兽 -艾米莉 |
[16:35] | Hey, hey, those are girls! | 喂 她们是女的 |
[16:36] | No, that… No. | 不是 那个… 不是 |
[16:38] | Girls! Get them out of here! | 女的啊 赶出去 |
[16:40] | What’s happening? | 发生什么了 |
[16:42] | There are girls in the lecture room, sir. | 讲堂里混进了女生 老师 |
[16:44] | – Go. Come on, out. – Dressed as men! | -快点 出去 -扮成男装 |
[16:46] | Let them see it. | 给他们看看 |
[16:49] | George, go, go. | 乔治 快 快点 |
[16:57] | – I mean, at least we got to take our corsets off. – Yeah. | -至少可以脱掉束身衣了 -嗯 |
[17:14] | – Where have you been? – Out. | -你去哪了 -外面 |
[17:16] | Yeah, but where? | 知道 外面哪里 |
[17:17] | There was a man from the college here talking with Dad. | 学院有人来找父亲谈话 |
[17:19] | They said your name a lot. | 提你名字好多次呢 |
[17:21] | What were they saying? | 他们聊什么了 |
[17:22] | Something about trousers and mustaches and hats. | 裤子胡子帽子之类的 |
[17:25] | I don’t know. It all sounded superhot. | 不清楚 但听起来好性感 |
[17:27] | Emily! | 艾米莉 |
[17:36] | In. | 进来 |
[17:42] | Wait. | 等等 |
[17:43] | Have I been knitting all day? | 我织了一天吗 |
[17:54] | Did I or did I not expressly forbid you from going to that lecture? | 我 有 没 有 明确禁止你去听讲座 |
[18:03] | – Answer me! – Dad, I… | -回答啊 -爸爸 我… |
[18:04] | Emily! This behavior is unacceptable. | 艾米莉 你的行为不可容忍 |
[18:08] | When I agreed to hire a maid, | 我答应请女佣 |
[18:10] | it was so you could do a bit of scribbling up in your room. | 是方便你在房间随便写作 |
[18:14] | And not so you could go… | 不是为了让你 |
[18:16] | gallivanting around the town of Amherst dressed as a man, | 扮男装在镇上四处游荡 |
[18:21] | making a mockery of me and everything I stand for. | 嘲弄我以及我的主张 |
[18:23] | What’ll people say? | 人们会怎么说 |
[18:25] | What will they think of us? | 会怎么想我们 |
[18:30] | Your mother is quite unhappy with this new arrangement, | 你母亲非常不满意现在的安排 |
[18:33] | and if I told her to fire Maggie… | 如果我让她解雇玛吉 |
[18:38] | she would do it at the drop of a hat. | 她会毫不犹豫开口 |
[18:41] | Is that what you want? | 你希望这样吗 |
[18:43] | Well, then you need to cut out these sort of antics. | 那你就停止这些荒唐行径 |
[18:47] | Here. | 来 |
[18:49] | Here, it’s a copy of my essay. | 来 这是我论文的副稿 |
[18:51] | I suggest you re-familiarize yourself with its contents. | 我建议你复习复习里面的内容 |
[18:53] | You take it. | 拿去 |
[18:54] | – Dad, I remember the essay. – Well, not well enough. | -爸爸 我记得内容 -明显不够熟悉 |
[18:56] | Take it. | 拿着 |
[19:31] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[19:41] | Mom, I was sitting in a lecture hall. | 妈妈 我只是去听讲座 |
[19:43] | I wasn’t hurting anyone. | 我又没伤害别人 |
[19:44] | Emily, you need to apologize. | 艾米莉 你要道歉 |
[19:47] | Apologize? | 道歉 |
[19:49] | Why should I have to apologize? | 我为什么要道歉 |
[19:51] | All I wanted was to just… | 我只是想… |
[19:52] | Right, well, that is just it, Emily. | 对 这就是问题 艾米莉 |
[19:53] | You only think about what you want. | 你只顾着自己想要什么 |
[19:56] | But in this house, | 但在这个家 |
[19:57] | what matters is what your father wants. | 重要的是你父亲想要什么 |
[20:03] | Look around. | 看看周围 |
[20:05] | Everything in this room, | 房间里的所有东西 |
[20:07] | that bed, | 这张床 |
[20:08] | that desk you’re sitting at, | 你用的桌子 |
[20:10] | that pencil you’re holding… | 手上拿的笔 |
[20:12] | he provided for you. | 都是他给你的 |
[20:14] | Your father has worked very hard to give us a good life, Emily. | 你的父亲不辞辛劳让我们过好日子 艾米莉 |
[20:17] | So it is my job to keep him happy. | 所以我的职责是让他快乐 |
[20:19] | And as long as you live under this roof, it is your job too. | 只要你住在这个屋檐下 这也是你的职责 |
[20:25] | Mom, if you’re mad about the maid, just say so. | 妈妈 如果你因为女佣怄气 你就直说 |
[20:28] | No, Emily. | 不 艾米莉 |
[20:31] | Because, unlike you, | 因为我和你不一样 |
[20:33] | I am not in the habit of constantly expressing myself. | 我没有随时要表达自我的毛病 |
[20:56] | Miss Emily, you frightened me. | 艾米莉小姐 你吓到我了 |
[20:58] | Can you teach me how to make bread? | 你能教我做面包吗 |
[21:02] | Please? | 拜托 |
[21:04] | Maggie, it’s very important. | 玛吉 这很重要 |
[21:09] | All right, then. | 那好吧 |
[21:15] | Roll up your sleeves. | 袖子卷起来 |
[21:20] | All right. | 好了 |
[21:21] | So, you want to scoop out one cup. | 舀一勺出来 |
[21:22] | Okay. | 好 |
[21:26] | There we go. | 对了 |
[21:27] | *It takes a lot to know a man* | *了解男人并不容易* |
[21:33] | *It takes a lot to understand* | *理解对方要靠心意* |
[21:40] | *The warrior, the sage* | *勇敢的人 圣洁的魂* |
[21:47] | *The little boy in rage* | *少年的浮躁青春* |
[21:53] | *It takes a lot to know a woman* | *了解女人并不容易* |
[21:59] | *A lot to understand what’s humming* | *理解对方要靠心意* |
[22:06] | *The honeybee, the sting* | *蜜蜂嗡声 刺痛肉身* |
[22:12] | *The little girl with wings* | *少女的稚嫩心声* |
[22:19] | *It takes a lot to give* | *经历许多才懂得付出* |
[22:22] | *To ask for help* | *才明白求助他人* |
[22:25] | *To be yourself* | *才学会忠于自己* |
[22:28] | *To know and love what you live with* | *才知道热爱生活* |
[22:32] | *It takes a lot to be, to touch, to feel* | *用心才能感受存在* |
[22:38] | *The slow reveal of what another body needs* | *逐渐明白对方期待* |
[22:44] | *It takes a lot to know a man* | *了解男人并不容易* |
[22:50] | *A lot to know, to understand* | *理解对方要靠心意* |
[22:57] | *A father and a son* | *父子之情* |
[23:03] | *A hunter and a gun* | *狩猎之境* |
[23:10] | *It takes a lot to be, to touch, to feel* | *用心才能感受存在* |
[23:16] | *The slow reveal of what another body needs* | *逐渐明白对方期待* |
[23:40] | You know I’m gonna miss sleeping in your bed, right? | 你知道我会想念躺在你身边的日子吧 |
[23:46] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[23:48] | I know. | 我知道 |
[23:58] | I’m sorry, Emily. | 我很抱歉 艾米莉 |
[24:08] | I just can’t stop thinking about Pompeii. | 我一直在想庞贝城 |
[24:14] | A whole city covered in ash. | 被火山灰掩埋 |
[24:19] | Frozen in time. | 永恒定格 |
[24:26] | That’s how I feel sometimes. | 我有时候也有这种感觉 |
[24:30] | Like I’m frozen. | 好像被定住 |
[24:34] | Like I’m… | 好像 |
[24:36] | trapped. | 被困住 |
[24:53] | I think I know what a volcano feels like. | 我好像知道火山是什么感觉 |
[24:58] | You do? | 是吗 |
[25:02] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[25:07] | Show me. | 带我感受 |
[25:23] | *If I could, I’d be your little spoon* | *可以的话 我想做你的爱人* |
[25:28] | *And kiss your fingers forevermore* | *反反复复亲吻你的手指* |
[25:35] | *But, big spoon, you have so much to do* | *可是宝贝你忙得不可开交* |
[25:41] | *And I have nothing ahead of me* | *我却除了想你别无他法* |
[25:55] | *You’re the sun, you’ve never seen the night* | *你是未曾见过黑夜的阳光* |
[26:00] | *But you hear its song from the morning birds* | *但你听到清晨鸟儿的鸣唱* |
[26:06] | *Well, I’m not the moon, I’m not even a star* | *我不是月亮 更没有星光* |
[26:12] | *But awake at night I’ll be singing to the birds* | *但清醒的夜晚我将教鸟儿歌唱* |
[26:20] | *Don’t wait for me, I can’t come* | *不要等候我 我不能追随* |
[26:32] | *Your mother wouldn’t approve of how my mother raised me* | *你的母亲不会接纳我* |
[26:39] | *But I do, I think I do* | *但我内心一万个愿意* |
[26:44] | *And you’re an all-American girl* | *你是好耀眼的女孩* |
[26:47] | *I guess I couldn’t help trying to be your best American girl* | *我想成为配得上你的女孩* |
[27:11] | *You’re the one* | *你是真命天女* |
[27:13] | *You’re all I ever wanted* | *你是心之所向* |
[27:16] | *I think I’ll regret this* | *我会后悔莫及* |