时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Carlos needed to make a change. | 卡洛斯需要做出改变 |
[00:04] | I am miserable at work. I can’t do it anymore. | 我上班很痛苦 我不能再继续了 |
[00:08] | Orson sent the police an anonymous tip. | 奥森给警局寄了封匿名信 |
[00:11] | Got a feeling about this. | 我感觉这事有蹊跷 |
[00:12] | Enough of a feeling to go dig up a construction site? | 要不我们去那个工地挖挖看啊 |
[00:16] | Mike protected Renee… | 麦克保护了雷尼 |
[00:18] | He is a good man. | 他是个好人 |
[00:20] | But he paid the price. | 可他付出了血的代价 |
[00:30] | Every day on Wisteria Lane, | 每天 在紫藤郡 |
[00:32] | women face their share of problems… | 主妇们都面对着各自的问题 |
[00:36] | Like a paperboy who’s off the mark… | 比如报童投错地方 |
[00:40] | An appliance that’s out of whack… | 或是机器发生故障 |
[00:45] | Or a report card that’s below par. | 又或是孩子成绩不理想 |
[00:50] | These everyday problems can seem like matters of life and death. | 这些日常问题在她们眼中是生死攸关的大事 |
[00:56] | I’ve told your paperboy ten times– | 我告诉你的报童多少遍了 |
[00:59] | the flower bed sprinklers go on at 6:00 A.M. Sharp. | 花坛洒水器早上六点整准时启动 |
[01:05] | I don’t know how you can call him a repairman | 他来过之后 东西还是没修好 |
[01:06] | if after he visits, the thing is not repaired. | 怎么还能管他叫修理工 |
[01:12] | And get this, Carlos. Her math teacher wrote, | 听好 卡洛斯 她的数学老师写道 |
[01:14] | “The only thing worse than her arithmetic is her attitude.” | “唯一比她的算数更差的就是她的态度” |
[01:21] | But then something truly horrible comes along… | 可随后真正可怕的事发生了 |
[01:28] | – Mike! – And we rush to hold on to what really matters… | -麦克 -我们急忙去处理真正要紧的事 |
[01:36] | Before it’s gone forever. | 趁它还没永远结束 |
[01:55] | When a loved one dies, | 当一个爱人死去 |
[01:57] | certain decisions have to be made. | 我们必须做出某些决定 |
[02:03] | A coffin must be selected. | 必须选定棺材 |
[02:09] | A headstone must be picked. | 必须选好墓石 |
[02:15] | Clothes must be chosen. | 还得选好寿衣 |
[02:20] | Preparing a body for burial is never an easy thing to do… | 给尸体落葬绝不容易 |
[02:26] | But unearthing one can be even harder. | 不过挖坟则难上加难 |
[02:33] | Hey! I think we got something. | 我们有发现了 |
[02:46] | What do you think? | 怎么样 |
[02:49] | You look handsome. | 很得体 |
[02:51] | What’s that under your shirt? | 你的衬衣底下是什么 |
[02:53] | My little tribute to Mike. | 我对麦克的小小敬意 |
[02:57] | He would’ve loved that. | 他一定会喜欢的 |
[03:01] | He was always trying to get me to go to indianapolis for a game. | 他总想让我去印第安纳波利斯看比赛 |
[03:05] | And I was too busy being a big executive, | 而我作为高管总是忙得不可开交 |
[03:09] | helping rich people get richer. | 帮着有钱人充实腰包 |
[03:12] | That’ll be a… | 以后我的悼词… |
[03:13] | great eulogy someday, huh? | 就这样不错吧 |
[03:20] | Is this about you wanting to quit your job again | 你是说你想再次辞职 |
[03:22] | so you can be an underpaid counselor? | 然后你就能成为廉价顾问吗 |
[03:24] | I’m never gonna be able to get you to understand this, am I? | 我永远没法得到你的理解 是吗 |
[03:27] | What a difference it would make in my life | 如果我感到自己在帮助别人 |
[03:28] | if I felt like I was helping people. | 我的生活该多有改观啊 |
[03:30] | You’re right. I’m never gonna understand it, | 你说得对 我永远无法理解 |
[03:31] | and I also don’t understand why we have to talk about this today. | 而且我不理解为什么我们今天要谈这些 |
[03:34] | Because my best friend is dead, | 因为我最好的哥们死了 |
[03:37] | and he died trying to help people, | 而他是因为舍己救人 |
[03:38] | so if you ask me, it kind of seems like | 所以如果要谈这事 |
[03:40] | the perfect day to talk about it. | 今天再合适不过了 |
[03:46] | This one? | 穿这件 |
[03:49] | Sure. | 好吧 |
[03:50] | Um, shoes? | 鞋子呢 |
[03:55] | You pick. | 你选 |
[04:01] | Hi, reverend. | 你好 牧师 |
[04:02] | Hello, Julie. | 你好 朱莉 |
[04:06] | Susan. | 苏珊 |
[04:10] | I, um, wanted to show you | 我想给你看 |
[04:13] | a… rough draft of Mike’s funeral service. | 为麦克葬礼准备的草稿 |
[04:15] | It’s what we discussed– | 这是我们之前讨论过的 |
[04:16] | a standard episcopalian ceremony. | 标准教徒葬礼 |
[04:18] | I’m sure it’ll be fine. | 我确定会没问题 |
[04:27] | Um, just wanted to see if you’d like to add anything | 我只想知道 你是否想加些 |
[04:31] | to make it a little more personal. | 更私人的东西进去 |
[04:34] | Readings, for example. | 比方说读物 |
[04:35] | Did he have any favorite poems? | 他有什么钟爱的诗歌吗 |
[04:37] | Any favorite writers? | 有什么钟爱的作家吗 |
[04:41] | Mike really wasn’t much of a reader. | 麦克不怎么爱看书 |
[04:46] | That’s fine. | 没关系 |
[04:48] | Were you planning on saying something during the service? | 你准备在葬礼上说些什么吗 |
[04:53] | Like what, “I wish someone hadn’t murdered my husband”? | 比方说”我真希望没人杀了我丈夫”吗 |
[04:58] | Mom… | 妈 |
[05:01] | – He’s just trying to help. – I know. I’m sorry. | -他只是想帮忙 -我知道 抱歉 |
[05:05] | I just, uh… | 我只是… |
[05:08] | I don’t know what I would say that would be enough. | 我不知道说什么才足够 |
[05:13] | I don’t know how to tell people what kind of man Mike was… | 我不知道如何告诉大家麦克是怎样的人 |
[05:19] | What kind of father and husband and friend he was. | 他是怎样的父亲 丈夫和朋友 |
[05:24] | I just… | 我只是… |
[05:25] | never thought I would have to sum up his life | 从没想过会在他还没走完一生前 |
[05:27] | before he was… done living it. | 就要提前总结他的一生 |
[05:38] | It’s going to be okay. | 一切都会好的 |
[05:44] | Please, reverend, | 拜托 牧师 |
[05:45] | If there’s one thing that I know for sure at this moment, | 我现在唯一确定的事 |
[05:48] | is that… | 就是… |
[05:51] | nothing is ever going to be okay again. | 什么都不会好了 |
[06:14] | How’s Susan holding up? | 苏珊现在怎么样 |
[06:17] | She’ll be really glad you came. | 她会很高兴你来了 |
[06:19] | I caught the first flight after you called me. | 你给我打电话后 我就搭第一班飞机来了 |
[06:21] | I’m just, uh… | 我只是… |
[06:23] | I’m still in shock. | 我还没缓过神来 |
[06:24] | You know what I keep thinking about all morning? | 你知道我一早上都在想什么吗 |
[06:28] | Do you remember that time you, me, Mike, and Susan | 还记得那次你 我 麦克 还有苏珊 |
[06:31] | rented those cabins by the lake? | 在湖边租的那些船舱吗 |
[06:34] | Oh, no. The pontoon boat? | 不是吧 那些浮船 |
[06:35] | Yeah, the pontoon boat with the broken gas gauge. | 对 那艘汽油表坏了的浮船 |
[06:38] | And I kept telling everybody, “Don’t worry. | 我还不停跟大家说 “别紧张” |
[06:39] | They’ll come looking for us.” | “他们会来找我们的” |
[06:40] | And then the sun started to go down. | 然后太阳都落山了 |
[06:42] | Who knew Mike was such a great swimmer? | 谁知道麦克泳技那么好 |
[06:44] | I know. It was half a mile to shore, at least, | 是 游到岸上至少得半英里 |
[06:46] | in cold water. | 还是那么冰凉的水 |
[06:48] | He was an amazing guy. | 他真是条汉子 |
[06:53] | I just can’t believe I’m never gonna see him | 我只是无法相信 我再也见不到他 |
[06:55] | walk out of that house again. | 从那栋房子里走出来了 |
[07:07] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[07:09] | I’ve been doing a really good job keeping it together until now. | 你们来之前我还把情绪控制得很好 |
[07:13] | I’m so sorry, Lynette. | 别难过了 勒奈特 |
[07:16] | He really seemed like a good guy. | 看来他真是个好人 |
[07:18] | Yeah. He was a great guy. | 对 他是个好人 |
[07:23] | Well, we should probably get going. | 我们得走了 |
[07:28] | You want to ride with us to the church? | 要我们顺路载你去教堂吗 |
[07:35] | No. I still have to get ready. | 不用 我还得准备一下 |
[07:39] | So you guys go ahead. | 你们先去吧 |
[07:43] | Hey, Bree. | 布里 |
[07:45] | Oh. Please tell me you’re not wearing that to the funeral. | 别告诉我你要穿这一身去葬礼 |
[07:48] | Uh, actually that’s why I was coming over. | 我正要和你说这事 |
[07:50] | I’m not going to the funeral, | 我不去葬礼了 |
[07:52] | so could you please tell Susan how sorry I am? | 能否麻烦你转告苏珊 我非常抱歉 |
[07:55] | You have to be there. The whole neighborhood is going. | 你必须去 紫藤巷的邻居们都去 |
[07:57] | Uh, yeah, and they’ll all be thinking, | 是啊 他们肯定都在想 |
[07:59] | “There’s the woman that Mike was protecting | “麦克就是为了保护她” |
[08:01] | “when he beat up that loan shark. | “才去和放高利贷的大打出手的” |
[08:03] | She’s the reason he’s dead.” | “就是她害死了他” |
[08:04] | Renee– | 雷尼 |
[08:05] | Mike stuck his neck out for me, | 麦克为我出生入死 |
[08:07] | and now Susan’s a widow, | 现在苏珊成了寡妇 |
[08:09] | and a 9-year-old kid has to grow up without a father. | 还有个九岁的孩子没有了爸爸 |
[08:11] | Look, I know you feel awful about what happened, | 我知道你对发生的事情非常愧疚 |
[08:14] | but today is about honoring Mike. | 但是今天是要去缅怀麦克 |
[08:16] | You do not get to make this about your guilt. | 你不该让愧疚感占了上风 |
[08:22] | Why are you looking at me like that? | 你为什么这么看我 |
[08:24] | Because you’re right, | 因为你是对的 |
[08:26] | and it’s annoying. | 真让我不爽 |
[08:28] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[08:30] | Go get changed, and I will save you a seat. | 去换身衣服 我给你留个座 |
[08:32] | Ugh. I really hate today. | 真讨厌今天 |
[08:34] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[08:37] | Mrs. Van De Kamp? | 范德坎普夫人 |
[08:39] | Can I help you? | 有事吗 |
[08:40] | I’m Detective Heredia, Fairview P.D. | 我是埃雷迪亚警探 美景镇警察局 |
[08:43] | Oh. Uh, if this is about Mike Delfino’s murder, | 如果是有关麦克·德尔非诺的谋杀案 |
[08:46] | I’d be happy to help, but… | 我很乐意帮忙 可是… |
[08:48] | as you can see, I’m on my way to his funeral. | 我猜你也发现了 我正准备前去他的葬礼 |
[08:50] | Actually, we already made an arrest in that case. | 其实 麦克的案子 我们已经下令逮捕了 |
[08:53] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[08:54] | I’m here on an unrelated matter. | 我是来找你说另一件事的 |
[08:56] | It’s a missing persons investigation. | 一件人口失踪调查案 |
[08:58] | Oh? | 是吗 |
[09:00] | Yeah, I’d like you to come down and answer some questions. | 对 我想请你回警局协助我们调查 |
[09:03] | Now? | 现在嘛 |
[09:04] | Please. | 有请 |
[09:18] | As she arrived at Mike Delfino’s funeral, | 当加布走进麦克·德尔非诺的葬礼时 |
[09:21] | Gaby considered what her friend Susan must be going through. | 她在想她的朋友苏珊 正经历怎样的痛楚 |
[09:26] | After all, Mike was the love of Susan’s life, | 毕竟 麦克是苏珊一生的挚爱 |
[09:31] | and that got Gaby thinking about the love of hers. | 这让加布想到了 自己的挚爱 |
[09:42] | So… what do you think? | 那么… 你有什么想法 |
[09:47] | A lot of things. | 浮想联翩 |
[09:48] | Most of them obscene. | 大多都很下流 |
[09:51] | I like it, too! | 我也很喜欢 |
[09:52] | It’s royal wedding with just a hint of slut. | 皇室婚礼风 略带一点点的风骚 |
[09:56] | So… how much? | 多少钱 |
[09:57] | Who cares? You get what you pay for, | 管它呢 物有所值就行 |
[09:59] | and you are getting this. | 而且我这个人都给你了 |
[10:05] | $12,000? Dios mio. | 一万二美金 亲娘咧 |
[10:08] | We didn’t even pay this much for our first house. | 我们的第一栋房子都没它贵 |
[10:11] | Yeah, well, how much can mud and straw cost? | 一个稻草泥土盖的房子能值多少 |
[10:14] | Ladies. | 女士们 |
[10:15] | We are having a nice time. | 这是个喜事儿 |
[10:17] | Let’s try and keep it that way. | 大家和气一点行吗 |
[10:20] | Now be honest, mama. Don’t you like the dress? | 妈妈 说实话 你喜不喜欢这件 |
[10:25] | Does it only come in white? | 只有白色的吗 |
[10:28] | I’m just saying, she’s not fooling anybody. | 我只想说 底子烂 怎么包都不够美 |
[10:32] | Well, I think she looks beautiful. | 可我觉得 她美极了 |
[10:35] | We’ll take it. | 就这件了 |
[10:36] | No. | 不行 |
[10:38] | I will not let you spend money like that. | 不能让你这么花钱 |
[10:40] | Uh, could you give us a moment? | 能让我们单独聊聊吗 |
[10:49] | What are you doing? | 你要做什么 |
[10:50] | She loves the dress, and you keep insulting it. | 她爱这件婚纱 你却不停地唱反调 |
[10:53] | You just don’t get it, do you, Carlos? | 卡洛斯 你难道还没明白吗 |
[10:56] | This is only the beginning. | 这只是个开始 |
[10:57] | You give in to her with this dress, she’ll bleed you dry. | 你一旦给了她这件婚纱 她就会得寸进尺 |
[11:02] | Trust me. That woman is a gold digger. | 相信我 那个女人就是个掘金女 |
[11:05] | Hit her, Carlos. Hit her. | 反击啊 卡洛斯 反击 |
[11:08] | Mama, | 妈妈 |
[11:09] | you know I love you, | 你知道我爱你 |
[11:11] | but if you say one more critical thing about Gaby, | 但如果你再这么说加比 |
[11:15] | don’t bother coming to our wedding. | 那就别来参加我们的婚礼了 |
[11:18] | Understood? | 明白吗 |
[11:22] | Well, I guess you’ve made your choice. | 行 我想你主意已定 |
[11:24] | I just hope she realizes how lucky she is. | 我希望她明白她是有多么的幸运 |
[11:28] | No. | 不对 |
[11:29] | I am the lucky one. | 我是幸运的那个 |
[11:31] | I’ve never met anyone like her, | 我从没遇到过和她一样的女人 |
[11:34] | and when she smiles at me, you can’t put a price on it. | 她给我的笑容 就是无价之宝 |
[11:38] | So I don’t care if I have to work | 所以就算一天工作二十小时 |
[11:40] | 20 hours a day to keep her happy. | 能让她开心 我也在所不辞 |
[11:43] | I’ll do it. | 我愿意 |
[11:48] | Carlos, sweetie, | 卡洛斯 亲爱的 |
[11:49] | you know what would really make this dress pop is… | 你知道有样东西可以让这件婚纱更漂亮吗 |
[11:54] | No, I shouldn’t. | 算了 我不该问的 |
[11:56] | Tell me. What? | 说吧 什么东西 |
[11:57] | Well, it’s probably too much, | 可能有些贵 |
[11:59] | but a pair of diamond earrings? | 一对钻石耳环 |
[12:03] | Then our next stop is a jewelry store. | 那下一站就去珠宝店吧 |
[12:14] | What are those stains on the living room rug? | 客厅地毯上的污渍是怎么弄的 |
[12:17] | The green is Juanita’s puke, | 绿色的是胡安妮塔吐的 |
[12:18] | the yellow is Celia’s puke, | 黄色的是西莉亚吐的 |
[12:20] | and the red is my merlot. | 红色的是我的葡萄酒 |
[12:21] | Since when are you drinking wine in the middle of the afternoon? | 你什么时候下午就开始喝酒了 |
[12:24] | Since the girls started puking in the middle of the afternoon. | 从俩孩子下午就开始吐的时候 |
[12:28] | Your soup is coming, Juanita! | 你的汤好了 胡安妮塔 |
[12:31] | Yes, Celia, yours, too! | 是的 西莉亚 你的也好了 |
[12:36] | Here. My shift is over. | 给 换班吧 |
[12:38] | No. No. No. No. No. I can’t, Gaby. Not tonight. | 不行不行不行 加比 今晚不行 |
[12:39] | Why not? I’ve been with them since | 为什么不行 自从她们染上胃部流感 |
[12:41] | they got the stupid stomach flu. | 我就一直被她们折腾 |
[12:43] | I haven’t slept in four days. | 我四天都没睡好觉了 |
[12:44] | I need a break, Carlos. | 我想休息了 卡洛斯 |
[12:45] | Tomorrow morning, ten clients from Japan are flying in, | 明天早上 十位日本的客户飞过来了 |
[12:48] | and in order for me to win their giant account, | 为了把他们的巨额账户争取过来 |
[12:51] | I have to wow them with a PowerPoint presentation | 我得做个精彩演讲震住他们 |
[12:53] | that I have not even started yet. | 而我甚至还没开始准备 |
[12:55] | All I hear is “Blahbety-blah. Japan. Blahbety blah.” | 我就听见你说巴拉巴拉日本巴拉巴拉了 |
[12:57] | I need a massage. | 我需要做个按摩 |
[13:00] | Oh, my god. Not again. | 天哪 又来 |
[13:02] | Every time a bell rings, an angel does not get its wings. | 每次有铃声响 就有个天使断掉翅膀 |
[13:05] | A child almost gets hit! | 还有个孩子要挨打 |
[13:08] | It’s just endless. | 没完没了的 |
[13:10] | If something isn’t coming out of their mouths, | 她们除了拉出来的 |
[13:11] | it’s coming out of their butts. | 都是吐出来的 |
[13:13] | Every opening is on full service. | 我要随叫随到 |
[13:15] | I can’t do this anymore. I’m starting to lose my mind! | 我受不了了 我快疯了 |
[13:17] | Okay. | 好啦 |
[13:18] | Okay. | 好啦 |
[13:20] | Go get your massage. I will take care of them tonight. | 去做按摩吧 今天我照顾她们 |
[13:23] | What about Japan? | 那日本的事怎么办 |
[13:26] | This is more important. | 这事更重要 |
[13:28] | I told you I would always take care of you. | 我说过我会永远照顾你的 |
[13:31] | Go. Go get your massage. | 去吧 去做按摩 |
[13:34] | Hey, girls! Daddy’s home! I got your soup! | 姑娘们 老爸回来啦 给你们拿汤啦 |
[13:40] | Surprise taco visit. | 惊喜玉米卷餐 |
[13:42] | Don’t get too excited. That’s not a euphemism. | 别激动 我没暗示什么 |
[13:45] | Hey, babe, I’m kind of in the middle of something. | 宝贝 我现在有点忙 |
[13:48] | What are you in the middle of? Obviously not shaving | 忙什么 反正肯定不是刮胡子 |
[13:50] | or putting on deodorant. You look like a terrorist. | 也不是喷香氛 你看起来像个恐怖分子 |
[13:52] | Can you please just come back later? | 你一会儿再来可以吗 |
[13:54] | Okay. I mean, | 好啊 只是 |
[13:56] | I thought it’d be nice to have lunch together, but fine. | 我本以为一起吃饭会挺好的 算了 |
[13:58] | I’ll just leave these for you. | 我把这放这儿了 |
[14:02] | Mike? | 麦克 |
[14:04] | Hey, Gaby. | 你好 加布 |
[14:07] | So Mike gets to come visit, but not me? | 麦克可以来看你 我却不行 |
[14:09] | Mike is just being a friend. He gets what I’m going through. | 麦克只是来陪陪我 他很理解我的处境 |
[14:11] | Ah, I did my own little stint in rehab. | 我以前也去过康复中心 |
[14:13] | I know how hard this can be. | 我知道这有多艰难 |
[14:16] | Right. What do I know? I’m only his wife. | 是啊 我怎么会懂 我只是他老婆 |
[14:23] | Gaby. Gaby, wait. | 加布 加布 等等 |
[14:26] | He’s a little on edge right now. Cut him some slack. | 他只是暂时有点紧张 让他放松点吧 |
[14:28] | You think I came here to give him a hard time? | 你觉得我是故意来让他难受的吗 |
[14:30] | I just want to be here for him. | 我只是想来陪他 |
[14:31] | Yeah, but you being here just reminds him | 我知道 可是你过来就会让他想起 |
[14:33] | how he’s messing everything up. | 他搞砸了一切 |
[14:34] | He feels like he’s failing you. | 他觉得自己让你失望了 |
[14:36] | Oh, that’s ridiculous. | 才不是呢 |
[14:38] | Why do you think he’s pushing you away? | 那你觉得他为什么要躲着你 |
[14:40] | He can’t stand you seeing him like this, | 他不想让你看到这样的自己 |
[14:41] | and frankly, I think he’s a little scared. | 说实话 我觉得他现在有点害怕 |
[14:44] | Of what? | 害怕什么 |
[14:46] | He’s always provided for you, | 他一直是家里的顶梁柱 |
[14:48] | and if you think he can’t do that anymore, | 如果某一天你觉得他不行了 |
[14:50] | he’s afraid you might leave him. | 他怕你会离开他 |
[14:59] | Mike was a good man… | 麦克是个好人 |
[15:04] | And so are you. | 你也是 |
[15:08] | You should quit your job. | 你应该辞职 |
[15:10] | What? But you said that– | 什么 但你说过 |
[15:11] | I was wrong. | 我说错了 |
[15:13] | If being a counselor’s gonna make you happy, | 如果你觉得做顾问更快乐 |
[15:15] | then that’s what you should do. | 那你就该去做顾问 |
[15:28] | As Lynette looked at a wedding photo of Susan and Mike, | 勒奈特看着苏珊和麦克的结婚照 |
[15:32] | she thought about the tragic end of their marriage, | 想到他们悲剧的结局 |
[15:36] | and that started her thinking about the beginning of her own. | 也想起了她自己婚姻的开始 |
[15:45] | Oh, I got this. | 我来吧 |
[15:45] | No. No. No. No. No. I got it. | 不不不不 我来吧 |
[15:48] | Why? ’cause you’re the guy? | 为什么 因为你是男的吗 |
[15:49] | No, because I asked you out. It’s only fair. | 不是 因为是我约你的 这样才公平 |
[15:53] | Let me get it. | 还是我来吧 |
[15:54] | No. Next time. | 不 下次的 |
[15:56] | Next time? | 下次 |
[15:58] | You’re asking me out on a second date? | 你是在跟我约第二次吗 |
[16:03] | Abso-tively. | 绝对的 |
[16:04] | Okay, but you should know I have a 3-date rule | 但你要知道 我在约会三次之前 |
[16:07] | before I even consider sleeping with someone. | 都不会考虑跟人上床的 |
[16:10] | For the record, I wasn’t, uh, expecting anything. | 声明一下 我可没期待什么 |
[16:14] | That said, if you take me out for coffee now, | 如果你现在请我去喝咖啡 |
[16:16] | I would be willing to consider that a second date. | 我可以把那个当做第二次约会 |
[16:20] | And what if after that, I offered you | 要是在那之后 |
[16:21] | half the candy bar I have in my glove compartment? | 我再请你吃我车里的半根巧克力棒呢 |
[16:25] | Would that count as a third date? | 能当作第三次约会吗 |
[16:28] | Let’s have the coffee first | 不如我们先去喝咖啡 |
[16:31] | and see how it goes, shall we? | 看看进展如何 怎么样 |
[16:34] | Let’s get out of here. | 走吧 |
[16:37] | So do we need to tell H.R. About this? | 我们要不要跟人力资源部汇报这事 |
[16:40] | Why would we? | 为什么要汇报 |
[16:42] | Well, I think they want to know | 我觉得当两个员工开始办公室恋情 |
[16:43] | when employees get in a relationship. | 应该通知他们一声 |
[16:45] | Tom, we don’t have to do the whole relationship thing. | 汤姆 我们不用把关系弄复杂了 |
[16:48] | I am not one of those girls looking for a ring | 我不是那种期待结婚戒指 |
[16:51] | and kids and a house in the suburbs. | 孩子 和郊区小屋的女人 |
[16:53] | Although I am kind of partial to white picket fences. | 虽然我挺想要白色尖木桩栅栏的 |
[16:56] | You don’t think there’s anybody out there | 你不觉得有一天会遇到个人 |
[16:58] | who can make you change your mind? | 改变你这些想法吗 |
[17:00] | Not for the next seven years. | 至少七年之内没有 |
[17:02] | I have this whole plan where I become vice president. | 我已经为当副总做了完整计划了 |
[17:05] | Of the united states? | 美国副总统吗 |
[17:09] | I meant the company, but we’ll see. | 我是说公司副总裁 不过再说吧 |
[17:17] | Okay. Can I look now? My back is aching, | 好啦 我能看了吗 我后背好疼 |
[17:19] | my ankles are swollen, and your hands smell like cheese. | 脚踝肿着 而且你的手有股芝士味儿 |
[17:24] | Ta-da! | 哒啦 |
[17:26] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[17:28] | It’s your dream house. | 你的梦想之屋 |
[17:30] | Someone already bought it. | 这房子已经售出了 |
[17:32] | Yeah, I did, for you. | 是啊 售给我了 给你买的 |
[17:35] | What the hell’s wrong with you? | 你有病吧 |
[17:36] | You don’t just buy someone a house. | 哪能这么随便送房子的 |
[17:38] | The exception to the rule being dream houses. | 除非它就是梦想之屋啊 |
[17:41] | No, you still should’ve consulted me. | 不 你还是应该先问问我 |
[17:44] | This is a decision we’re supposed to make together | 我们应该一起做决定的 |
[17:46] | and… ow! Oh, cramp. Oh, my foot. | 而且… 抽筋 我的脚 |
[17:49] | – Here. Sit down. – Okay. | -来 坐这儿 -好 |
[17:50] | Sit down. | 坐 |
[17:52] | Here. | 来 |
[17:53] | – Where is it? Right there? – Right there. Right there. | -哪疼 这吗 -对 就是这 |
[17:56] | Come on. Admit it. This is kind of nice. | 好啦 承认吧 这种感觉真不错 |
[18:01] | Yeah, it’s nice, But… | 是挺好的 只是 |
[18:04] | I have certain things I want in a home. | 我希望家里还一些特别的布置 |
[18:07] | I know. Like a-a tree house for the twins to play in. | 我知道 比如造个树屋给双胞胎玩 |
[18:10] | There’s the perfect tree for it. | 那边有棵树正适合 |
[18:11] | And an herb garden– | 还有草药园 |
[18:12] | There’s a great spot on the other side of the house. | 房子另一边有个绝佳地点 |
[18:15] | And of course, | 还有就是 |
[18:18] | your white picket fence, just like you always dreamed about. | 你的白色栅栏 跟你梦想中的一个样 |
[18:23] | Wait. I never said anything about a white picket fence. | 等等 我从没说过想要白色栅栏 |
[18:26] | Sure, you did. On our first date. | 你当然说过 我们第一次约会的时候 |
[18:27] | You said you were a sucker for a white picket fence. | 你说你最爱白色尖木桩的栅栏了 |
[18:30] | There’s no way I said that on our first date. | 我怎么可能第一次约会就告诉你 |
[18:32] | You did. I remember, because | 你的确说了 我还记得是因为 |
[18:34] | as soon as you said it, | 你一说完 |
[18:35] | I got this image of us sitting on our porch, | 我就想象出咱俩坐在自家门廊上 |
[18:38] | watching our kids play | 喝着柠檬水 |
[18:39] | while we drink lemonade | 看着我们的孩子玩耍 |
[18:40] | and look out over our white picket fence. | 然后从我们的白色栅栏一眼望出去 |
[18:45] | Yeah, this does seem like a nice place. | 这地方的确不错 |
[18:50] | I’m sorry I did this without you, | 抱歉我没跟你商量就买下了它 |
[18:53] | but I knew, when I saw this house, | 但是我第一眼看到这房子 |
[18:55] | that you would love it. | 就知道你会喜欢 |
[18:58] | Because I know you better than anyone. | 因为我比任何人都了解你 |
[19:16] | Here. These are yours, too. | 给 这些也是你的 |
[19:18] | Thanks. Um, do you mind if I take the portable cd player? | 谢了 你介意我把CD播放器带走吗 |
[19:21] | The one I use while I’m cooking? | 我做饭时听的那个吗 |
[19:23] | How else am I gonna play my CDs? | 不然我该怎么放CD啊 |
[19:25] | Yeah. Sure. Take it. | 说的也是 拿走吧 |
[19:26] | Okay. Thanks. | 好的 谢了 |
[19:33] | How you doing? | 你怎么样 |
[19:34] | Great. It’s all the fun of a garage sale without making any money | 很好 这不就是不赚钱的清仓大甩卖 |
[19:39] | and only getting rid of stuff you really like. | 处理掉的还都是自己喜欢的东西 |
[19:42] | Why aren’t you fighting harder? | 你怎么不努力抗争一下 |
[19:43] | It’s just a cd player. | 不就是个唱片机而已 |
[19:46] | I’m talking about your marriage. | 我是说你的婚姻 |
[19:49] | Lynette, you know me. | 勒奈特 你了解我 |
[19:50] | I hate talking about this stuff, | 我不爱讨论这种话题 |
[19:51] | but everybody on the street knows | 但是紫藤街所有人都知道 |
[19:53] | you and Tom are supposed to be together. | 你和汤姆是天作一对 |
[19:56] | I don’t know. | 我说不好 |
[19:58] | At this point, there’s so many bad feelings, | 现在我们对彼此有太多不满 |
[19:59] | I think time apart will help us. | 我觉得分开一段时间会好些 |
[20:02] | It won’t. | 不会的 |
[20:07] | I’ve been through this. All right, I know how it goes. | 我也经历过这些 我知道以后会怎样 |
[20:09] | Each of you waiting for the other one | 你们都等着对方让步 |
[20:10] | to admit they were wrong, beg to be taken back. | 承认自己错了 哀求对方接纳自己 |
[20:13] | The problem is, the whole time you’re waiting, | 问题是 在等待的过程中 |
[20:15] | you’re just growing further apart. | 你们只会渐行渐远 |
[20:17] | But you and Susan got back together. | 但你和苏珊复合了 |
[20:19] | And I kick myself every day for letting it take so long. | 我天天埋怨自己怎么跟她分离这么久 |
[20:22] | What I’m trying to say is, | 我想说的是 |
[20:24] | somebody’s gotta make the first move. | 总要有人先让步 |
[20:27] | I can’t right now. | 我现在做不到 |
[20:29] | I’m too angry. | 我太生气了 |
[20:31] | And one day you won’t be. | 总有一天你会消气的 |
[20:33] | I hope it’s not too late. | 希望到时还不晚 |
[20:35] | For either one of you. | 你们俩都是如此 |
[20:42] | Don’t let it bother you, honey. | 别烦心了 亲爱的 |
[20:44] | What? | 什么 |
[20:45] | Tom, showing up with his girlfriend. | 汤姆和女友一起出席 |
[20:49] | It’s fine. I actually don’t think it’s gonna last that much longer. | 没事 我觉得他们俩长不了 |
[20:53] | Yeah? You heard something? | 是吗 你听到风声了 |
[20:56] | No, I decided something. | 不 是我做出决定了 |
[21:05] | Bree Van de Kamp found herself helpless | 布里·范德坎普发现自己 |
[21:08] | in the face of a powerful man. | 在强势男子面前很无助 |
[21:11] | And this got her thinking | 而这令她开始回想 |
[21:13] | about the ways she’d handled powerful men before | 自己从前对付强势男子的手段 |
[21:17] | and how she’d learned to do it. | 以及她习得这一手的过程 |
[21:26] | Bree. | 布里 |
[21:27] | What are you making? | 你在做什么 |
[21:29] | Honey pecan pie. | 蜂蜜核桃派 |
[21:31] | It’s your father’s favorite. | 这是你爸爸的最爱 |
[21:33] | Can I help? | 我能帮忙吗 |
[21:34] | Pie’s done, | 派做好了 |
[21:35] | but I can teach you how to make whipped cream. | 但是我可以教你怎么打奶油 |
[21:42] | Of course there’s so many things I should probably teach you first. | 当然了 我还有很多事情要先教给你 |
[21:46] | Like what? | 比如 |
[21:48] | Like… how to be a woman. | 比如说 如何做女人 |
[21:51] | That is the most important lesson I can pass down. | 这是我能教给你最重要的一课 |
[21:56] | As the cream thickens, you whip it a little faster, okay? | 奶油越粘稠越要加快速度 好吗 |
[22:00] | Don’t I become a woman just by getting older? | 我长大后不就变成女人了吗 |
[22:03] | Oh, no, Bree. | 不是的 布里 |
[22:04] | There’s some things you’re too young to understand, | 有些事你太小了还不懂 |
[22:07] | but… | 可是 |
[22:09] | I think you’re old enough to learn about the mask. | 我想你已经长到可以学习假面的年龄了 |
[22:12] | The mask? | 假面 |
[22:13] | It’s what my mother called it. | 我妈妈就这么叫它 |
[22:15] | It’s the face you wear | 它是你的面具 |
[22:16] | when you don’t want people to know what you’re feeling. | 以防别人察觉你的想法 |
[22:20] | All well-brought-up women | 所有受过良好教养的女人 |
[22:21] | conceal their emotions. | 都能掩饰自己的情绪 |
[22:23] | It’s very useful, especially when dealing with men. | 这招对付男人尤其管用 |
[22:26] | Why? | 为什么 |
[22:28] | Well, if a man knows what you’re thinking, | 如果一个男人知道了你的想法 |
[22:31] | it gives him power over you. | 他就有了控制你的力量 |
[22:33] | For example, | 比如说 |
[22:35] | if a man knows how much you love him, | 如果男人知道你有多爱他 |
[22:38] | he’ll take you for granted. He’ll hurt you– | 他就会对你熟视无睹 甚至伤害你 |
[22:41] | carelessly, | 毫不在意 |
[22:43] | cruelly, | 冷酷无情 |
[22:45] | constantly. | 周而复始 |
[22:49] | Does daddy know that you love him? | 爸爸知道你爱他吗 |
[22:51] | Yes. I have told him repeatedly | 知道 我一次次地告诉他 |
[22:53] | that I cannot live without him. | 我不能没有他 |
[22:56] | If you’re so upset with him, | 如果你那么生他的气 |
[22:58] | why are you making his favorite pie? | 为什么还要给他做最爱吃的派 |
[23:00] | Because after all of these years, | 因为过了这许多年 |
[23:02] | I’ve forgotten how to wear my mask. | 我忘了如何戴上自己的假面 |
[23:04] | So now I must do things to distract daddy. | 所以我必须分散你爸爸的注意力 |
[23:08] | Like this pie. | 比如用这个派 |
[23:11] | When I bring it out, he’ll be so excited, | 等我把它端出来 他会激动万分 |
[23:14] | he won’t notice the devastation in my eyes. | 以至于忽略我眼中的绝望 |
[23:17] | Devastation? | 绝望 |
[23:19] | Mm-hmm. It’s an emotion. | 对 这是种情绪 |
[23:20] | The kind you might feel when your friend calls | 如果你的朋友打来电话说 |
[23:22] | to say your husband’s lesabre was seen | 你丈夫的别克停在一家宾馆的停车场 |
[23:24] | in the parking lot of a certain motel, | 紧挨着他秘书的博纳维尔车 |
[23:27] | next to his secretary’s bonneville. | 你就会感到绝望 |
[23:33] | Practice your mask. | 练习下你的假面吧 |
[23:36] | Oh, no. Honey, that’s too much. | 不对 宝贝 过头了 |
[23:38] | All you need is the hint of a smile. | 你只需嘴角带些笑意 |
[23:43] | Perfect. | 很好 |
[23:44] | With an expression like that, | 带着这样的笑容 |
[23:45] | No one will ever know what you’re really thinking. | 就没有人能够读懂你真实的内心了 |
[23:50] | And I’ll have power over men? | 那我是不是就能驾驭男人的心了 |
[23:53] | God, I hope so. | 老天啊 但愿如此 |
[24:10] | Why are you angry? | 你在为什么事情生气呢 |
[24:12] | Who says I’m angry? | 谁说我生气了 |
[24:14] | After all these years, | 这么多年的夫妻了 |
[24:16] | you don’t think I can read you? | 我难道还不知道你心里在想什么吗 |
[24:18] | Well, if I’m such an open book, | 既然你对我如此了解 |
[24:20] | what am I angry about? | 那你就猜猜看我为什么生气呢 |
[24:21] | So you admit you’re angry. | 所以你承认你在生气咯 |
[24:23] | I admit no such thing. | 我什么也没承认 |
[24:30] | You know… | 你知道吗 |
[24:33] | This thing you’re doing… | 你总是这样 |
[24:35] | And what thing would that be? | 我总是怎么样了呢 |
[24:38] | You put on this plastic face | 你总是给自己戴上这样一副面具 |
[24:40] | To keep me in the dark about what you’re really feeling. | 以致于我根本不知道你的真实想法 |
[24:43] | A-and I walk around on eggshells for days, | 我每天都如履薄冰 |
[24:45] | Not knowing which end is up. | 却永远都摸不着头脑 |
[24:48] | Well, maybe I don’t feel safe | 可能是我觉得 把自己每一个 |
[24:51] | Sharing every single thought and emotion I have with you. | 想法和感觉都告诉你 很没有安全感 |
[24:56] | Well, that’s a horrible thing to say. | 你怎么能这么说呢 |
[25:01] | Of course you can feel safe with me. | 你应该对我有安全感 |
[25:04] | I’m your husband. | 我是你的丈夫啊 |
[25:06] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[25:09] | Please. | 告诉我吧 |
[25:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:16] | After dessert, | 甜点过后 |
[25:17] | You paid a certain… | 你对加布丽尔… |
[25:20] | compliment to gabrielle. | 大加赞扬 |
[25:24] | You gotta be kidding. | 你跟我开玩笑吧 |
[25:25] | It was hurtful. | 你那样很伤人的 |
[25:30] | To who? | 我伤着谁了 |
[25:32] | To me. | 我啊 |
[25:33] | You told her she was the most gorgeous woman you’d ever met. | 你说她是你此生见过的最美丽的女人 |
[25:37] | – She was a model. – I don’t care. | -她可是个模特啊 -我不管 |
[25:39] | You don’t say that with your wife standing right next to you. | 你怎么能当着你妻子的面这么夸别人呢 |
[25:44] | I’m going to bed. | 我要去睡觉了 |
[25:46] | Now? | 现在吗 |
[25:50] | You wanted to know what I was feeling. | 是你让我告诉你我的感受的 |
[25:52] | I’m feeling… | 我觉得… |
[25:54] | hurt and humiliated. | 很伤心 很丢脸 |
[25:56] | And I think you’re dumb to feel those things. | 我觉得你这么想简直愚不可及 |
[26:03] | Are you coming to bed? | 你到底要不要睡觉呢 |
[26:06] | Or are you just gonna stay down here and pout? | 还是打算继续板着个脸呆在这儿 |
[26:09] | Actually, I was just thinking about my mother… | 其实 我只是想起了我的妈妈 |
[26:14] | And how insightful she was. | 想到她是多么的有远见 |
[26:16] | Insightful about what? | 对什么事情有远见 |
[26:20] | I’ll be right along. | 我马上上来 |
[26:21] | I just want to, uh… | 等我… |
[26:24] | tidy up first. | 把这里打扫干净以后 |
[26:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:31] | Oh, and, Rex? | 对了 雷克斯 |
[26:33] | I’ll be serving Belgian waffles for breakfast. | 明天的早餐我打算做比利时华夫饼 |
[26:39] | Wow. They’re my favorite. | 我的最爱啊 |
[26:49] | Sorry to keep you waiting. | 抱歉让你久等了 |
[26:50] | It’s quite all right. | 没关系 |
[26:53] | Although I’m still a little unclear | 只是我还是不太明白 |
[26:55] | as to why you brought me here. | 你为什么要带我来这儿 |
[26:57] | Have you ever met a man by the name of ramon sanchez? | 你有听说过一个叫雷蒙·桑切斯的人吗 |
[27:01] | No, I don’t believe I have. Why? | 恐怕没有 怎么了 |
[27:04] | He disappeared from his home a few months ago. | 他几个月前失踪了 |
[27:07] | And we just got a tip | 而我们刚刚得到线报 |
[27:09] | That he’s dead. | 说他已经死了 |
[27:11] | Oh, my. | 我的天哪 |
[27:14] | You say you never met him? | 你刚刚说你从未见过此人对吗 |
[27:16] | Ramon Sanchez. No, that name doesn’t ring a bell. | 雷蒙·桑切斯 确实从未听过这个名字 |
[27:19] | Well, you see, because of this tip, | 是这样的 依这条线报所言 |
[27:21] | someone out there is accusing you of killing Mr.Sanchez. | 有人认为是你杀害了桑切斯先生 |
[27:25] | Oh, good heavens. That’s just silly. | 老天哪 这简直是无稽之谈 |
[27:28] | And as it happens, | 而巧合的是 |
[27:30] | Mr. Sanchez was found exactly | 我们的确在线人给我们提供的地点 |
[27:34] | where the tipster said he would be. | 找到了桑切斯先生 |
[27:36] | And was he– | 那他… |
[27:37] | Dead? | 死了吗 |
[27:39] | Yes, ma’am. | 没错 他已经死亡 |
[27:41] | What a shame. | 太可惜了 |
[27:43] | Because you have been identified as Mr.Sanchez’s killer– | 因为你被指认为杀害桑切斯先生的凶手 |
[27:46] | You had no choice but to bring me in for questioning. | 所以你们没别的选择 只能带我来问话 |
[27:49] | I understand. | 我能理解 |
[27:50] | So I have to ask you… | 所以我必须问问你 |
[27:53] | Did you kill him? | 是不是你杀了他 |
[27:57] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不是 |
[28:05] | I must say, you are hard to read. | 我不得不承认 你让人难以捉摸 |
[28:07] | Thank you. What a lovely compliment. | 谢谢 多谢你的赞美 |
[28:10] | You think that’s a compliment? | 你认为这是一个赞美 |
[28:12] | I was raised to be composed at all times. | 我从小就被教育说要喜怒不形于色 |
[28:14] | This is obviously a very stressful situation– | 而这无疑是个让人很压抑的环境 |
[28:17] | Finding myself accused of a horrific crime. | 发现我被人指控谋杀 |
[28:21] | And the fact that you would think | 可是你称赞我… |
[28:24] | that I’m comporting myself with a measure of grace and dignity– | 说我的行为举止都很得体 |
[28:27] | Well, that’s a thoughtful thing to say. You’re very sweet. | 你能这么说 实在是非常贴心 |
[28:31] | Now do you have any other questions? | 你还有什么别的要问的吗 |
[28:33] | I hate to rush you, | 我也不想催你 |
[28:34] | But I’m late for the funeral of a very dear friend. | 可是我快赶不上我一位挚友的葬礼了 |
[28:40] | I can’t think of a thing. | 没什么要问的了 |
[28:47] | Well, it was lovely meeting you, | 认识你非常开心 |
[28:50] | And I do hope you find out what happened to Mr.Sanchez. | 衷心希望你们找出杀害桑切斯先生的真凶 |
[28:54] | I’m sure we will. | 我们会的 |
[29:02] | See? What did I tell you? | 看到没 我怎么跟你说来着 |
[29:04] | She’s something all right. | 她确实有一手 |
[29:06] | I’m just not sure what we got by bringing her down here. | 只是不知道我们有什么证据能把她抓起来 |
[29:12] | We got her fingerprints. | 我们有她的指纹 |
[29:20] | “I am the resurrection.And the life…” | “复活在我 生命如斯” |
[29:22] | As Susan listened | 当苏珊听着牧师 |
[29:23] | to the kind words the minister had to say about Mike, | 对麦克的那些赞美之词时 |
[29:27] | She found herself at a loss. | 她感觉自己恍然若失 |
[29:30] | She knew people wanted to hear from her, | 她知道人们希望能听到她说几句 |
[29:33] | But she had no idea what she wanted to say. | 可是她对于该说些什么毫无头绪 |
[29:40] | I can’t believe you’re making me do this. | 我真是不敢相信你居然逼我抱你回来 |
[29:42] | Oh, wait. I think what you mean to say is, | 等等 我觉得你想说的其实是 |
[29:45] | “Susan, sweet, wonderful Susan, | “苏珊 我可爱美丽动人的苏珊 |
[29:48] | “Thank you for marrying me and allowing me the honor | “感谢你嫁给我 并给予我 |
[29:52] | of carrying your beautiful behind inside our house.” | 将这美臀抱回家的无上荣誉” |
[29:56] | You are so drunk right now. | 你现在是烂醉如泥啊 |
[29:57] | No, I am not. I’m just– | 没有 我没醉 我只是 |
[30:00] | Oh, I’ve never been this happy in my life. | 我这辈子从来没有像今天这么开心 |
[30:03] | I feel like I could float. | 感觉身子轻飘飘的 |
[30:05] | I wish you could. | 我也希望你轻点 |
[30:10] | Yeah, I’m happy, too. | 是啊 我也很快乐 |
[30:14] | That’s it? | 就这一句吗 |
[30:15] | “I’m happy”? | “我很快乐” |
[30:16] | Well, that covers it. | 这一句包含了千言万语 |
[30:19] | What do you want from me? | 你想听什么话 |
[30:21] | I’m not a big… word guy. | 我又不是那种很会说话的人 |
[30:23] | Okay. Come on, mister… | 好吧 先生 |
[30:26] | Strong and silent. | 坚毅寡言先生 |
[30:30] | What? | 怎么了 |
[30:32] | Write me a poem. | 给我写首诗 |
[30:32] | Oh, leave me alone with this stuff. | 我可干不来这种事 |
[30:34] | It’s my wedding night, and I want a poem. | 这是我的新婚之夜 我想要听首诗 |
[30:38] | Come on. Let’s go. | 快点 好好想想 |
[30:41] | All I remember is this thing from when I was a kid. | 我记得的都是小时候听来的 |
[30:44] | I’ll take it. | 那也行 |
[30:45] | Give me my poem, husband. | 给我读首诗 老公 |
[30:51] | I love you once. | 一见倾心 |
[30:53] | I love you twice. | 再见倾情 |
[30:55] | I love you more than beans and rice. | 我爱你 此生不渝 |
[31:01] | Now that is a poem. Oh. | 多美的诗啊 |
[31:08] | It’s really smart you guys are doing this. | 你们这么做非常明智 |
[31:10] | When people die without a will, it can be a nightmare. | 去世前不留遗嘱 那才可怕 |
[31:16] | You okay, honey? | 你还好吗 宝贝 |
[31:18] | Of course I’m okay. | 我当然很好 |
[31:19] | We’re about to talk about us dying | 我们接下来的两天 |
[31:21] | for the next two days. | 都要讨论死后的事情 |
[31:24] | If it makes you feel any better, nobody enjoys this. | 没人喜欢谈这个 希望这么说能让你好受点 |
[31:27] | I’m shocked to hear that. | 真令人吃惊 |
[31:28] | You got any cancer pamphlets in there? | 你这里面还有癌症手册吗 |
[31:30] | In case we finish early. | 说不定我们还英年早逝呢 |
[31:32] | Susan, come on. This is important. | 苏珊 别闹脾气 这很重要 |
[31:34] | We got the baby coming. We got the house. | 我们要迎来小生命 我们买了房子 |
[31:35] | I’m not saying a will isn’t important. | 我并不是说遗嘱不重要 |
[31:37] | I’m saying it’s a beautiful day. | 我的意思是今天天气很不错 |
[31:40] | We should take a walk or something. | 我们应该去散散步或干点别的 |
[31:42] | And deal with this dying stuff… | 等到一个舒适沉闷的雨天 |
[31:45] | on a nice, dreary, rainy day. | 我们再商议死亡事宜 |
[31:48] | Um, bathroom’s right there, Bob. | 洗手间在那边 鲍勃 |
[31:51] | I don’t need to use the bathroom. | 我不想上洗手间 |
[31:54] | Or maybe I do. | 也许我是要去一趟 |
[32:00] | Okay. What is it? | 好吧 你怎么了 |
[32:03] | We’re jinxing us. | 我们在给自己招厄运 |
[32:05] | By doing this, we’re telling death, “Come on in.” | 我们这么做 简直是在告诉死神 “快来吧” |
[32:09] | No, it’s when you don’t do this that it’s a jinx. | 不 如果你不做这件事 那才是厄运呢 |
[32:12] | Look, I’m a plumber, | 我是个水管工 |
[32:13] | and it’s always the people that don’t have homeowner’s insurance | 人们只有在厕所爆炸了 |
[32:15] | whose toilets explode. | 才想起应该给家里上份保险 |
[32:18] | Is it what they eat? | 现在保险多贵啊 |
[32:20] | Missing my point. | 你没理解我的意思 |
[32:21] | No, avoiding your point. | 不是 我是在回避你的意图 |
[32:24] | Go wash your hands. | 去洗洗手 |
[32:27] | Please? | 拜托了 |
[32:29] | We’ll do it Saturday. I promise. | 我们周六再讨论这件事吧 我保证 |
[32:30] | Look, I know it’s tough, but indulge me, okay? | 我知道这很难 但就随了我吧 好吗 |
[32:35] | Because if something happens, | 如果真发生了什么事 |
[32:37] | there’s nothing more important to me | 对我来说 |
[32:39] | than knowing that you and you… | 没有什么比安顿好你和小宝贝 |
[32:43] | are taken care of. | 更重要的事情了 |
[32:50] | Bob, come on! | 鲍勃 过来吧 |
[32:51] | We’re not paying you to go to the bathroom. | 你在厕所里待着 我们可不会付你钱 |
[32:57] | Oh, this is what I’m talking about. | 这正是我想说的 |
[32:59] | None of that kobe beef, arugula, | 神户牛肉 芝麻菜 山羊芝士 |
[33:01] | and goat cheese nonsense. | 这些都是扯 |
[33:02] | Give me good old-fashioned ground beef, | 随便哪天 给我块上好的 |
[33:03] | American cheese, and iceberg lettuce any day. | 老式牛肉 美国奶酪 卷心莴苣就足矣 |
[33:06] | Well, I am glad you’re happy, | 我很高兴你这么开心 |
[33:08] | But I am not sure that any burger is | 但为了吃份汉堡 |
[33:10] | worth a half-hour drive in the car. | 开车半个小时 我觉得不值 |
[33:12] | That’s just ’cause you haven’t taken a bite yet. | 那是因为你还没咬上一口 |
[33:15] | Juanita said Mrs. Van de kamp’s boyfriend | 胡安妮塔说布里·范德坎普夫人的男友 |
[33:18] | got killed by a car. | 被一辆车撞死了 |
[33:20] | Uh, yes. | 没错 |
[33:22] | Yes, he did. | 是的 他是死了 |
[33:24] | And it was an accident. | 这是一场事故 |
[33:26] | It was very sad. | 非常令人悲伤 |
[33:28] | But you don’t have to worry. | 但你不必担心 |
[33:29] | As long as we remember to look both ways | 我们只要记着过马路时 |
[33:31] | before we cross the street, | 两边看看 |
[33:32] | that’ll never happen to us. | 这事就永远不会发生在我们身上 |
[33:36] | Where do we go when we die? | 我们死后会去哪 |
[33:43] | Well, you know, we go to heaven. | 上天堂 |
[33:45] | I know, but does everyone go? | 我知道 但是人人都会上天堂吗 |
[33:49] | Everyone you know will go to heaven. | 你认识的每个人都会上天堂 |
[33:54] | What about animals? | 动物们呢 |
[33:57] | Animals go to heaven, too. | 动物们也上天堂 |
[33:59] | What about bugs? | 虫子呢 |
[34:02] | Bugs are annoying. | 虫子很烦人 |
[34:03] | We don’t want bugs in heaven. | 我们不让虫子上天堂 |
[34:05] | What about the animals that eat the bugs? | 那吃虫子的动物呢 |
[34:07] | Won’t they starve? | 它们会不会饿呢 |
[34:10] | You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[34:12] | There are bugs in heaven. | 天堂里也有虫子 |
[34:13] | But if all the people and all the animals | 但如果所有的人和所有的动物 |
[34:16] | and all the bugs that ever lived go to heaven, | 以及所有的虫子都居住在天堂里 |
[34:19] | isn’t it super crowded? | 那不是很挤吗 |
[34:21] | No, sweetie. | 不会的 亲爱的 |
[34:22] | Heaven is perfect. | 天堂很美好 |
[34:24] | How is it perfect? I mean, what’s it like? | 怎么美好呢 天堂是什么样子 |
[34:29] | You wanna jump in here? | 接下来交给你了 |
[34:32] | Buddy, this is heaven. | 伙计 这里就是天堂 |
[34:35] | It is? | 是吗 |
[34:37] | Sure. Sitting with the people | 当然 和世界上 |
[34:38] | you love more than anything in the world, | 你最爱的人坐在一起 |
[34:41] | eating a double cheeseburger and fries–it’s gotta be heaven. | 吃着双层牛肉汉堡 就如同天堂了 |
[34:45] | – You know what else is heaven? – What? | -你知道天堂里还有什么吗 -什么 |
[34:47] | That place we fish. | 可以钓鱼的地方 |
[34:48] | Near the waterfall? | 在瀑布边吗 |
[34:49] | Yep. Heaven. | 是的 也是天堂 |
[34:51] | And when we watch football together | 我们在一起看足球比赛 |
[34:53] | and mom brings us trays of snacks. | 你妈妈还会给我们端来一盘小吃 |
[34:55] | That’s heaven, too? | 那也是天堂吗 |
[34:56] | If heaven is supposed to be the happiest place you can be, | 如果天堂就是能让你最快乐的地方 |
[34:59] | don’t all those places sound like it to you? | 那我说的这些 对你来说不是天堂吗 |
[35:06] | What are hamburgers made out of? | 这些汉堡包是用什么做的 |
[35:08] | ’cause I know they’re not ham. | 我知道这里面不是火腿 |
[35:14] | Thank you for coming to help honor Mike Delfino’s life. | 感谢各位前来参加麦克·德尔非诺的丧礼 |
[35:19] | The family invites you to join them at the cemetery. | 现在请大家随家属去墓地送他最后一程 |
[35:25] | I changed my mind. | 我有话想说 |
[35:28] | Hi. | 大家好 |
[35:31] | I-I wasn’t, uh, planning to say anything | 之前我没想要致辞 |
[35:33] | because, uh… | 是因为 |
[35:37] | I had absolutely no idea what to say. | 我根本不知道该说些什么 |
[35:42] | Mike and I never talked about what he wanted for a funeral. | 麦克生前从没跟我讨论过他想要怎样的葬礼 |
[35:48] | I think it’s because, um… | 这是因为 |
[35:52] | Well, you know Mike. | 你们都了解他 |
[35:54] | He… wasn’t really much of a talker. | 他 比较沉默寡言 |
[35:59] | Some of you, | 今天有几位好友 |
[36:00] | as you came by to hug me today, | 特地来拥抱了我 |
[36:05] | you said that he’s in a better place. | 安慰我说他现在去了更美好的地方 |
[36:10] | And you know what? I… | 知道吗 我 |
[36:13] | I realize now… | 我现在意识到 |
[36:16] | he is. | 的确如此 |
[36:20] | He… is in a diner… | 他正坐在一家餐馆 |
[36:26] | eating cheeseburgers with his family… | 与所爱的家人一起享用芝士汉堡 |
[36:32] | And he’s fishing | 正在瀑布边 |
[36:34] | at a waterfall… | 垂钓 |
[36:39] | And he’s watching football with his son, | 正在跟儿子一起收看橄榄球比赛 |
[36:44] | yelling like a maniac. | 像个疯子一样大吼大叫 |
[36:46] | So… | 所以 |
[36:50] | since he has to be in… | 既然他已经去了 |
[36:53] | all those wonderful places… | 这么多美妙的地方 |
[37:00] | I’m going to have to say good-bye to him now. | 我要跟他道一声再见了 |
[37:11] | Good-bye, Mike. | 麦克 再见了 |
[37:27] | I love you once. | 一见倾心 |
[37:30] | I love you twice. | 再见倾情 |
[37:36] | I love you more than beans and rice. | 我爱你 此生不渝 |
[37:46] | *Amazing grace* | *奇异恩典* |
[37:52] | *How sweet the sound* | *如此甘甜* |
[37:58] | *That saved a wretch like me* | *我等罪人 竟蒙赦免* |
[38:10] | *I once was lost* | *昔我迷失* |
[38:17] | *But now I’m found* | *今归正途* |
[38:23] | *Was blind* | *曾经盲目* |
[38:26] | *But now I see* | *重又得见* |
[38:35] | *Was grace that taught* | *如斯恩典* |
[38:41] | *my heart to fear* | *令心敬畏* |
[38:46] | *And grace* | *如斯恩典* |
[38:49] | *my fears relieved* | *免我忧惧* |
[38:57] | *How precious did that grace appear* | *归信伊始 恩典即临* |
[39:07] | *The hour I first believed* | *何等奇异 何其珍贵* |
[39:18] | *Through many dangers toils and snares* | *冲决网罗 历经磨难* |
[39:30] | *I have already come* | *风尘之中 我在归来* |
[39:40] | *This grace that brought me safe thus far* | *恩典眷顾 一路搀扶* |
[39:53] | *And grace will lead me home* | *靠它指引 终返家园* |
[40:09] | You know what? Mike was right. | 麦克是对的 |
[40:10] | This was the best freaking burger I’ve ever had in my life. | 这真是我此生吃过最美味的汉堡 |
[40:12] | You got that right. | 你说得没错 |
[40:17] | Susan, you haven’t eaten a thing. Aren’t you starving? | 苏珊 你什么都不吃 不饿吗 |
[40:22] | 0-5-1-6-0-2. | null |
[40:28] | I-I just remembered– | 我才想起来 |
[40:29] | it’s Mike’s password for his voice mail. | 这是麦克语音信箱的密码 |
[40:32] | I have to call the cell phone company, | 我得给通讯公司打个电话 |
[40:35] | or they’re gonna charge us for an extra month. | 要不他们还得多收我一个月钱 |
[40:37] | I can do that for you. | 交给我吧 |
[40:38] | I will call them first thing tomorrow morning. | 明天一早我就打 |
[40:46] | M.J. signed… up | MJ报名了 |
[40:49] | for pitching for Little League this year. | 本年度少棒队的投手 |
[40:52] | Mike was supposed to teach him. | 本来应该是麦克教他的 |
[40:54] | Oh, honey, I’ll send Carlos over to coach him. | 亲爱的 我让卡洛斯教他 |
[40:56] | I gave him two girls who hate sports, | 我生这两个女儿都不爱好体育 |
[40:58] | so he’ll be thrilled. | 所以他一定会超兴奋的 |
[40:59] | Mike was always checking the tires on our car | 麦克总是用一个小玩意 |
[41:02] | with this thingy. | 检查我们的车胎 |
[41:06] | I don’t know where the thingy is. | 但我不知道那个小玩意哪去了 |
[41:08] | I just know it was important and it kept us safe. | 那个东西很重要 有了它才安全 |
[41:12] | Hey. Hey. Tom’s still taking care of our cars. | 我家的车还是汤姆来打理的 |
[41:14] | I’ll just tell him to add yours to his to-do list from now on. | 从现在起 要他把你的车一起打理了 |
[41:23] | Susan, we are gonna do everything we can | 苏珊 我们会竭尽所能 |
[41:26] | to hold you up, okay? | 来支持你 |
[41:28] | Okay. | 好 |
[41:30] | Yes, as much as death takes from us, | 是的 死神会夺走一些东西 |
[41:34] | it also gives. | 同时也会赋予一些东西 |
[41:37] | It teaches us what’s truly important… | 教会我们生命中最重要的事 |
[41:42] | Like giving back after a lifetime of taking… | 比如索取一生终须回报 |
[41:49] | Going after something we never should have let go of… | 比如去追回本不该放手的人事 |
[42:00] | Or looking back on what made us who we are. | 或是去回忆什么造就了今天的自己 |
[42:06] | But sometimes the lessons learned after a person’s death | 但有时 一个人的离世 |
[42:13] | aren’t the ones we expected. | 却要由意料之外的人承担责任 |
[42:15] | Forensics says the prints on the mug | 分析结果显示杯子上的指纹 |
[42:17] | match the prints we found on the dead guy. | 与死者身上找到的指纹吻合 |
[42:19] | Whole time she was dating Chuck, | 她跟查克恋爱那段时期 |
[42:21] | I never trusted her. | 由始至终我都没信过她 |
[42:23] | You think we got enough to arrest her? | 现有证据够拘捕她吗 |
[42:25] | Probably. | 差不多 |
[42:27] | Let’s hold off. | 先等等 |
[42:28] | I wanna make sure we get enough to put this bitch away for good. | 等铁证如山的时候再把这个贱人一举拿下 |