时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Ben took money from a loan shark. | 本向高利贷借钱 |
[00:04] | If you’re not good for it, | 如果你还不了钱 |
[00:05] | I understand that pretty girlfriend of yours is loaded. | 我知道你那漂亮的女友也有的是钱 |
[00:08] | Julie had more than one surprise for Susan. | 朱莉给苏珊带来的惊喜连连 |
[00:11] | I’m giving it up for adoption. | 我要把这孩子送给别人领养 |
[00:12] | What? | 什么 |
[00:13] | You slammed your doors in my face! | 你当面将我拒之门外 |
[00:16] | Bree rejected her friends. | 布里拒绝了朋友们的好意 |
[00:17] | Let go of me! | 放开我 |
[00:19] | But it was Orson who came to her rescue. | 可前来英雄救美的竟是奥森 |
[00:21] | Your friends called me. | 你朋友打给我的 |
[00:27] | Orson Hodge had always known one thing… | 奥森·霍吉始终认定 |
[00:32] | Bree Van de Kamp was the perfect woman for him. | 布里·范德坎普是他的完美妻子 |
[00:39] | When he was sick, she nursed him back to health. | 他生病时 她悉心照料 |
[00:46] | When he was arrested, | 他被捕时 |
[00:47] | She promised to wait for him. | 她承诺等他 |
[00:52] | And when he suffered a terrible injury, | 他身受重伤时 |
[00:56] | She did everything he couldn’t. | 她一切代劳 |
[01:01] | So now that Bree was suffering, | 所以现在布里痛苦时 |
[01:03] | Orson intended to care for her. | 奥森决心照顾她 |
[01:08] | I’ve found that whatever the problem, | 我发现不管有什么难题 |
[01:11] | a cup of tea always makes things a little better. | 喝杯茶总能有所缓解 |
[01:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:17] | To think, if you hadn’t been there, | 现在回想 要是你没出现 |
[01:18] | what that terrible man might’ve done… | 那个男人会干出什么事来 |
[01:20] | Don’t think about that. | 别去想了 |
[01:22] | You’re safe now. I’m here. | 你没事了 我在这里 |
[01:24] | You really are a good friend. | 你真是我的好朋友 |
[01:28] | Perhaps my only one. | 可能也只剩下你了 |
[01:30] | What a thing to say. | 这是什么话 |
[01:32] | You’re still close with Gabrielle, | 你和加布丽尔 勒奈特和苏珊 |
[01:34] | Lynette, and Susan, aren’t you? | 关系还很好吧 |
[01:38] | Is something wrong? | 出什么事了吗 |
[01:41] | We’re estranged. | 我们闹翻了 |
[01:44] | Really? | 是吗 |
[01:47] | I thought the four of you were inseparable. | 我还以为你们四个密不可分 |
[01:49] | I know, | 我知道 |
[01:49] | but something happened a few mont ago, and… | 可几个月前出了些状况 然后… |
[01:52] | Bree? | 布里 |
[01:54] | I can’t talk about it. | 我不能谈这事 |
[01:56] | After everything we’ve been through, | 我们经历了那么多风风雨雨 |
[01:58] | I promise you can trust me. | 我保证你可以信任我 |
[02:01] | I don’t want you to know. | 我不想告诉你 |
[02:03] | You’re the only one who still believes in me. | 你是唯一一个还信任我的人 |
[02:06] | And I always will. | 我会一直信任你 |
[02:08] | Please, I can see this is tearing you up. | 求你了 我看得出这件事简直要让你崩溃了 |
[02:10] | For your own good, tell me. | 算是为了你自己好 告诉我 |
[02:16] | About six months ago… | 大约半年前 |
[02:21] | We threw a dinner party | 我们办了个派对 |
[02:24] | but before the guests arrived at Gaby’s, | 可在宾客到加布家前 |
[02:28] | something terrible happened. | 发生了可怕的事 |
[02:37] | Orson, I understand you’re shocked, | 奥森 我知道你很震惊 |
[02:39] | but please talk to me. | 可你能跟我说话吗 |
[02:41] | I am shocked. | 我是很震惊 |
[02:43] | You agree to help cover up Carlos’ crime, | 你答应帮忙掩盖卡洛斯的罪行 |
[02:46] | and then they just abandon you? | 她们却把你一脚给瞪了 |
[02:47] | How can your friends do that? | 她们怎么能这么做 |
[02:49] | You’re angry at them? | 你在生她们的气 |
[02:51] | Yes. | 对 |
[02:52] | They took advantage of you and then hung you out to dry. | 她们利用你 然后过河拆桥 |
[02:55] | It’s appalling. | 真是骇人听闻 |
[02:57] | So even after hearing what I’ve done, | 所以即便听到我做的这些事 |
[02:58] | you still believe in me? | 你还是信任我 |
[03:00] | Yes, Orson Hodge knew that Bree was the perfect woman for him. | 没错 奥森·霍吉认定布里是他的完美妻子 |
[03:06] | And now that he had her back… | 现在既然她回到了他身边 |
[03:08] | I believe in you more than ever. | 我比以前更信任你 |
[03:11] | He had no intention of letting her go. | 他决定决不让她离开 |
[03:28] | Lynette Scavo had discovered | 勒奈特·斯加沃已经发现了 |
[03:30] | the silver lining of separation– | 分居的好处 |
[03:34] | Shared custody. | 轮流抚养孩子 |
[03:38] | For three glorious days a week, | 一周有三天绚丽多彩 |
[03:41] | she had no child demanding her attention… | 没有孩子让她操心 |
[03:46] | No one to set an example for… | 不用为谁树立榜样 |
[03:52] | And plenty of time to exercise. | 还有大把的时间锻炼 |
[03:58] | But Lynette forgot that when it comes to being a mother, | 可勒奈特忘了 作为一名母亲 |
[04:01] | You can run… | 你可以逃跑 |
[04:03] | Hey, mom! | 妈 |
[04:05] | But you can never hide. | 可你却无处遁形 |
[04:08] | Hey, guys. What’s going on? | 小伙子们 怎么了 |
[04:10] | Nothing. Jeez, do we need a reason to bring flowers | 没事 天呐 我们需要理由送花 |
[04:13] | to the woman who gave us life? | 给生我们的妈吗 |
[04:17] | Suitcases? Why are there suitcases? | 行李 怎么带行李来了 |
[04:21] | Okay, we had a little disagreement with our landlord, | 好吧 我们和房东有点分歧 |
[04:23] | and we were kind of evicted. | 我们被赶出来了 |
[04:32] | No! No! No! No! No! | 不不不 |
[04:33] | Go away! You are not moving back here. | 走开 你们不能搬回来住 |
[04:35] | Mom, come on– | 妈 别这样 |
[04:36] | I spent 18 years getting you out of here. | 我花了18年才把你们赶出去 |
[04:38] | There’s no damn way I’m letting you back in. | 绝不能让你们回来 |
[04:44] | Okay, mom. | 好吧 妈 |
[04:46] | We understand. | 我们明白 |
[04:47] | Yeah, we have to learn to live on our own. | 对 我们是必须学会自力更生 |
[05:00] | No. | 不 |
[05:01] | Come on! Just for a week. | 拜托 就只住一周 |
[05:03] | I know you guys. A week would turn into a year, | 我还不了解你们 一周会变成一年 |
[05:05] | a year into 20, | 再拖到20年 |
[05:06] | and pretty soon, you’re taking me off the respirator, | 然后不久 我奄奄一息的时候 |
[05:08] | saying “It’s what mom would’ve wanted.” | 你们嘴里说着 “妈就是想这样” |
[05:13] | Please let us in. We’re children of divorce. | 让我们进去吧 我们是离异家庭的孩子 |
[05:15] | Exactly. Go to your dad’s. | 没错 找你们老爸去 |
[05:18] | But we like you so much more. | 可我们更喜欢你 |
[05:19] | Don’t give me that. | 少来这套 |
[05:21] | No, seriously, dad has that stupid girlfriend. | 不 我们没拍马屁 老爸交了个傻女友 |
[05:23] | And he’s been so unfair to you. | 他对你太不公平了 |
[05:29] | You had me at “Stupid girlfriend.” | 你们那句”傻女友”说动我了 |
[05:36] | Hey, sweetie. Whatcha doing? | 亲爱的 你在干什么 |
[05:38] | Oh, the adoption agency sent me a few more couples to check out. | 领养机构有给我发了些夫妇资料让我挑 |
[05:41] | Okay, that guy’s got serial killer eyes. | 好吧 那家伙的眼睛像连环杀手 |
[05:43] | Oh, he does not. That’s from the flash. | 才不是 那是闪光造成的红眼 |
[05:46] | Fine. You want your baby to be on the run. | 好吧 你希望你的孩子一直吓得跑 |
[05:48] | Any other choices? | 还有其它选择吗 |
[05:50] | I like them. | 我喜欢他们 |
[05:51] | Oh, gay couple. | 一对同性恋 |
[05:53] | Uh, that’s not a man. | 那个不是男的 |
[05:55] | Oh, too bad. They’re great with kids. | 那太糟了 他们还挺适合带孩子 |
[05:57] | Okay, that’s it. Nobody’s ever gonna be good enough for you. | 好吧 够了 你看谁都不顺眼 |
[06:00] | So you’ve totally ruled out keeping it? | 那你完全不考虑留下孩子吗 |
[06:02] | Yes, totally. | 对 完全不考虑 |
[06:03] | And I get no say in the matter? | 而我在这件事上没有话语权 |
[06:05] | Now you’re talkin’. | 你不是在说话吗 |
[06:09] | You need to stop hassling her. | 你别再和她胡搅蛮缠了 |
[06:11] | I just wish there was something I could do | 我只是希望我能做点什么事 |
[06:12] | to keep her from giving this baby away. | 让她能留下这个孩子 |
[06:17] | Hey, what if I talk to the father? | 如果我和孩子她爸谈呢 |
[06:20] | – Susan – No, does he even know that she’s doing this? | -苏珊 -不 他知道她在干什么吗 |
[06:22] | Maybe if I find him, | 或许如果我找到他 |
[06:25] | I tell him, and then he’ll stop her. | 告诉他现状 他就会阻止她 |
[06:27] | That’s a very bad idea. | 太不靠谱了 |
[06:29] | – Says you. – What do your friends think? | -那是你说的 -你朋友们怎么想 |
[06:33] | I don’t know. Not allowed to tell them. | 不知道 朱莉不让我告诉她们 |
[06:35] | Julie wants to keep this a big secret. | 她想守住这个秘密 |
[06:37] | So you are the only one I’m allowed to talk to, | 她只允许我和你谈论这个话题 |
[06:41] | and I would really appreciate it if you would agree with me. | 如果你和我统一战线 我会感激不尽的 |
[06:44] | Look, this is killing me, too. | 我也很不忍心 |
[06:46] | But it’s her decision. | 但这是她自己的决定 |
[06:48] | You keep pushing her, | 你再三地逼她 |
[06:49] | it’s not just a grandkid you’re gonna lose. | 到时失去的不仅仅是你的外孙了 |
[06:58] | Girls, let’s go home now. | 女孩们 该回家了 立刻 |
[07:01] | All right, I’m gonna count to three. | 行 我数三下 |
[07:03] | One… | 一 |
[07:05] | Two… | 二 |
[07:08] | Two and a half… | 二下半 |
[07:10] | Two and three-quarters… | 二又四分之三 |
[07:13] | You don’t know any more fractions, do you? | 你不知道别的分数怎么说了 对吗 |
[07:15] | All right, that is it, smart-ass. | 好吧 我受够了 聪明精 |
[07:17] | I am calling your father. | 我给你们爸爸打电话 |
[07:18] | And you better watch out, | 你们给我小心点 |
[07:19] | because this phone has a whup-ass app. | 这部手机有个”打屁屁”程序 |
[07:28] | Hi, sweetie. I am just getting ready to meditate. | 亲爱的 我正准备做冥想呢 |
[07:31] | Can I call you back? | 能待会儿打给你吗 |
[07:32] | No! No, no, no. Enough nurturing your inner child. | 不行 不行不行 别再唤起你的小童心了 |
[07:34] | I need you to come home | 我要你马上回家 |
[07:35] | and whack a couple of your outer ones. | 教训一下你两个不听话的调皮鬼 |
[07:38] | I can’t come home until my treatment is complete. | 疗程还没结束 我还不能回家 |
[07:41] | That’s another 16 days. | 还有16天哟 |
[07:43] | In 16 days, I can’t guarantee | 16天之后 我不能保证 |
[07:45] | You’re gonna have children to come home to. | 你回家时能见到孩子 |
[07:47] | You wouldn’t believe the things that are going through my mind. | 你绝对猜不到我脑袋里在盘算些什么 |
[07:49] | Gaby. | 加比 |
[07:50] | I’m just saying, I’ve got rocks, | 这么说吧 我想到了石头 |
[07:52] | they’ve got backpacks, | 装进她们的书包 |
[07:52] | and there’s a lake on the way to school. | 去学校的路上有片湖 |
[07:55] | Look… I know that it has been tough on you | 我知道我戒酒的这些日子 |
[07:58] | with me being in rehab. | 你过得很艰难 |
[08:00] | You have no idea. I am losing my mind. | 你根本不了解 我要疯了 |
[08:03] | I’m looking after your business, | 我要打点你的生意 |
[08:05] | I’m running the house, | 忙家务 |
[08:06] | I’m trying to keep the girls in line. | 还要忙着让俩孩子听话 |
[08:08] | Let me talk to Juanita. | 让我和胡安妮塔说话 |
[08:11] | Juanita, talk to your father. | 胡安妮塔 你爸找你 |
[08:14] | Hey, daddy. | 爸爸 |
[08:26] | Anything biting? | 不开心吗 |
[08:28] | Karen kicked me out. | 凯伦把我赶出去了 |
[08:30] | Oh, my god. What happened? | 天啊 怎么了 |
[08:31] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[08:33] | Seems like everything I do lately gets her mad. | 貌似最近不管我做什么 都会惹到她 |
[08:36] | “Lately”? She’s a grouchy old lady. | “最近” 她可一直是个爱抱怨的老太婆 |
[08:38] | That’s why we love and fear her. | 这就是为什么我们对她又爱又怕 |
[08:41] | Nah, this is different. | 不是 这次不一样 |
[08:42] | I think it’s gonna take a while for her to cool down. | 我看 要她平静下来得好一阵子了 |
[08:45] | And in the meantime, I got no place to go. | 可这段时间 我没处可去 |
[08:51] | Yeah. Well, you know, it’s fun | 是啊 不过听说”基督教青年会” |
[08:54] | to stay at the Y.M.C.A. | 挺好玩的 |
[08:55] | Not for me. | 我觉得不好玩 |
[08:56] | I slept there once. | 我有次去那过夜 |
[08:57] | Woke up at 2:00 in the morning | 结果凌晨两点醒来 |
[08:59] | with a guy massaging my feet. | 发现有个人在揉我的脚 |
[09:01] | Well, at least she gave me my fishing pole | 至少她把鱼竿留给我了 |
[09:03] | so I won’t starve to death. | 不然我会饿死 |
[09:06] | The church has a koi pond, right? | 教堂有个鲤鱼观赏池 对吧 |
[09:10] | There’s that frontier spirit. | 就是要有这开拓精神 |
[09:11] | Okay, Gaby. It’s obvious you’re not picking up my hints. | 好吧 加比 很明显你没有领会我的意思 |
[09:15] | No, I am. I’m just ignoring them. | 没有 我领会到了 我只是装不懂 |
[09:19] | Look, I’d offer you a room at my place, | 其实 我愿意让你住我家 |
[09:20] | but my kids are young and loud– | 可是我的孩子们又小又吵 |
[09:23] | And I’m old and deaf. It’s perfect. | 可我又老又聋 绝配啊 |
[09:25] | Thanks, Gaby. | 谢了 加比 |
[09:26] | I’d ask Bree if I could crash with her, | 我本来是想去找布里的 |
[09:29] | but she’s got Orson over there. | 可是奥森回到她那儿了 |
[09:35] | You need to be helping your mother out more. | 你得多帮你妈妈的忙 |
[09:37] | You know, helping around the house | 比如打扫卫生 |
[09:38] | Thanks, honey. You’ve been a big help. | 谢谢了 亲爱的 你帮了个大忙 |
[09:38] | – I gotta call the girls. Bye. – Gaby! | -我得和姐妹们打电话了 拜 -加比 |
[09:46] | Ladies. | 女士们 |
[09:47] | I saw you through the window | 我从窗户看到你们了 |
[09:49] | and just had to come out to say hello. | 得出来和你们打声招呼 |
[09:52] | Orson. | 奥森 |
[09:53] | You’re back. | 你回来了 |
[09:54] | I am back. | 我回来了 |
[09:55] | Keenly observed, Susan. | 观察力不错啊 苏珊 |
[09:58] | She just meant it’s unexpected, | 她是觉得非常意外 |
[10:00] | seeing you after all this time. | 这么久没见到你了 |
[10:02] | Building a ramp. | 在铺斜坡啊 |
[10:03] | You and bree– | 你和布里… |
[10:04] | Gonna be spending more time together? Yes. | 要再续前缘吗 没错 |
[10:07] | As you know, she’s been going through a rough patch of late. | 正如你们所知 她经历了一段困难时期 |
[10:11] | The other night, she was at a bar, | 有天晚上 她在酒吧 |
[10:12] | and there was an incident. | 发生了一个意外事件 |
[10:14] | An incident? | 意外事件 |
[10:15] | Something unpleasant with an aggressive stranger. | 跟个动粗的陌生人发生了不快 |
[10:19] | She’s fine. | 她没事 |
[10:21] | Thank God I happened to be driving by. | 谢天谢地我正巧路过 |
[10:22] | Thank God is right. | 真是谢天谢地 |
[10:24] | But as you can imagine, she’s still a little shaken up, | 可是正如你们所想 她还是有些害怕 |
[10:26] | so I’m gonna be spending some time here | 所以我暂时会呆在这儿 |
[10:28] | until the dust settles. | 等到事情平息再说 |
[10:29] | Can we see her? | 我们能见见她吗 |
[10:31] | You know, I don’t think she’s up for that yet. | 我想 她暂时还不想见你们吧 |
[10:36] | Well, I’m not surprised. | 也不奇怪 |
[10:38] | Yeah, last time we saw her, | 是啊 我们上次和她见面时 |
[10:40] | it didn’t go so well. | 结果挺不愉快的 |
[10:42] | Will you at least tell her we love her and we’re here for her? | 你能至少告诉她 我们仍关心她支持她吗 |
[10:45] | I’ll be sure to relay the message. | 一定转告她 |
[10:48] | – Thanks. – Bye. | -谢谢 -再见 |
[10:57] | Who were you, uh, talking to? | 你和谁在讲话呢 |
[10:59] | Just the men installing my ramp. | 修斜坡的人 |
[11:01] | Now how about I make us some lunch? | 不然现在我来做午饭吧 |
[11:11] | No, you’ve gotta deliver that cement tomorrow. | 不行 水泥必须明天运到 |
[11:15] | But, I don’t know why Ben didn’t pay you, | 可是 我不知道为什么本不付你钱 |
[11:17] | but I drove back to the site. | 不过我回到工地了 |
[11:18] | I’m gonna find your check, and I’ll get it to you tonight. | 我去找你的支票 然后明晚给你 |
[11:27] | Hey, this is private property! | 这是私人财产 |
[11:56] | What the hell?! | 什么情况 |
[11:58] | Damn it, Mike. Why’d you have to come back? | 我靠 麦克 你回来干嘛 |
[12:13] | Are you out of your mind? | 你疯了吗 |
[12:14] | This doesn’t concern you. | 这不关你的事 |
[12:16] | You almost killed me, so I say it does. | 你差点把我害死 所以这就关我的事 |
[12:21] | I’m in over my head with this loan shark, | 高利贷让我吃不消啊 |
[12:23] | and his late fee comes with a crowbar. | 他来追债 带了根铁锹 |
[12:26] | So… some of this equipment blows up, | 所以… 如果这些设备被炸了 |
[12:29] | the insurance company writes me a big check, | 保险公司会赔我一大笔钱 |
[12:31] | and I’m able to keep my knees a little longer. | 我至少还能保住我这条腿 |
[12:34] | That’s fraud, Ben. | 这可是保险欺诈 本 |
[12:35] | I know what it’s called. I just didn’t know what else to do. | 我清楚 可我没别的办法了 |
[12:38] | Well, not this. | 那也别这么做啊 |
[12:39] | Then what? ’cause I’ve been trying | 那怎么办 好几周来 |
[12:41] | to fix this for weeks, mike, but it just keeps getting worse. | 我一直在想办法 麦克 可是却越弄越糟 |
[12:44] | I’ve lost every cent I have. | 我一分钱都没有了 |
[12:45] | I’ve lost Renee. | 我失去了雷尼 |
[12:48] | I’ve…I’ve screwed everything up. | 我把一切都搞砸了 |
[12:54] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[12:56] | My chest feels tight. That’s not good, is it? | 胸口发紧 这是有事吗 |
[12:58] | No, it’s not. | 是 |
[13:03] | Let’s get you to the hospital. Come on. | 我送你去医院 来吧 |
[13:08] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[13:10] | I see the twins are home. | 双胞胎回来啦 |
[13:11] | Really? What gave it away? | 你怎么发现的 |
[13:13] | Guys! Get your boxers off the table! | 你们 过来把桌子上的短裤拿走 |
[13:17] | They’re not mine. | 不是我的 |
[13:18] | Me neither. I’m wearing… | 也不是我的 我穿着 |
[13:20] | Oh, wait. | 等一下 |
[13:22] | Be right down. | 马上下来 |
[13:23] | I swear, they’re like termites. | 他们就跟蛀虫一样 |
[13:24] | Just when I think I’ve gotten rid of ’em… | 我刚觉得要摆脱他们了 |
[13:26] | At least they come back to you when they’re in trouble. | 至少他们遇到麻烦的时候会回来找你 |
[13:29] | And that’s a good thing? | 这是好事吗 |
[13:30] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[13:32] | Because they listen to you. | 因为他们听你的 |
[13:34] | They let you help them. | 他们会寻求你帮助 |
[13:36] | They don’t keep their problems secret for six months | 他们不会把问题隐瞒六个月 |
[13:38] | and then completely shut you out, | 然后无视你的所有建议 |
[13:40] | ignoring all your advice. | 把你排斥在外 |
[13:44] | What’s wrong? | 发生什么了 |
[13:45] | I’m not supposed to tell you… | 我不应该告诉你的 |
[13:48] | that Julie’s pregnant, | 朱莉怀孕了 |
[13:50] | and she’s giving the baby up for adoption. | 她还想把孩子给人领养 |
[13:52] | Wow. Where’s the dad in all this? | 孩子的爸爸呢 |
[13:55] | “Who’s the dad?” is more like it. | 你更应该问”孩子的爸爸是谁” |
[13:56] | She won’t tell me anything. | 她什么也不告诉我 |
[13:58] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[14:01] | You know, right when Julie was born, | 你知道么 我生朱莉的时候 |
[14:04] | they took her away to give her a vitamin shot, | 她只是被带走打个维他命针 |
[14:06] | and that was the longest hour of my life. | 我就觉得那是我一生中最漫长的一小时 |
[14:10] | And now she’s talking about | 现在她竟然说 |
[14:12] | giving the baby away for good. | 要把孩子永远地送走 |
[14:15] | I mean, she just has no idea how hard that’s gonna be. | 她根本就不知道这会有多痛苦 |
[14:18] | Do you want me to talk to her? | 你想让我去跟她谈谈吗 |
[14:19] | She might react differently to someone who’s not her mom. | 她也许能听进去外人的话 |
[14:22] | No. | 不要 |
[14:23] | In fact, you can’t even tell her I told you. | 连我告诉了你这事 都不能让她知道 |
[14:25] | Julie doesn’t want anyone knowing she’s pregnant. | 朱莉不想让任何人知道她怀孕了 |
[14:35] | Oh, mornin’. How’d you sleep? | 早上好 睡得怎么样 |
[14:38] | Terribly. I’d ask you, but I already know. | 很不好 虽然知道但还是想问你 |
[14:41] | How can someone use the bathroom | 一个人怎么竟能 |
[14:42] | five times in one night? | 一晚上上五次厕所 |
[14:44] | Heart of a lion, | 虽然我心似雄狮 |
[14:45] | bladder of a fruit fly. | 可膀胱却如果蝇 |
[14:48] | You do know they make bathrobes with belts on them? | 你知道浴袍上面有腰带吧 |
[14:51] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[14:52] | I didn’t mean to let the old komodo dragon | 我也不想让老科莫多巨蜥 |
[14:55] | peek out of the cage. | 老往外探头啊 |
[14:57] | Don’t mention it…ever again. | 别说了 再也别说了 |
[15:02] | Girls, school starts in 20 minutes. | 还有二十分钟就上课了 |
[15:04] | Why aren’t you dressed? | 你们怎么还没换好衣服 |
[15:06] | ’cause then we’d be ready, | 因为我们讨厌上学 |
[15:07] | then we’d have to go, and we hate school. | 换好衣服就要去学校了 |
[15:09] | Here. I made breakfast. | 来 我做了早饭 |
[15:11] | Ooh. Toast. | 烤面包啊 |
[15:18] | Okay. | 好了 |
[15:19] | Let’s talk about how we’re getting you off my couch | 来聊聊怎么让你离开我的沙发 |
[15:21] | and back with the lady you love. | 重归爱人怀抱吧 |
[15:22] | What’s our plan? | 咱们有什么计划 |
[15:23] | Doesn’t look good. I’ve been calling all morning. | 情况不太好 我给她打了一早上电话了 |
[15:25] | She doesn’t even pick up the phone. | 她连接都没接 |
[15:27] | Roy, you’ve got to put some effort into it. | 罗伊 你要加把劲才行 |
[15:29] | Woo her. March over there and sweep her off her feet. | 奋力争取 重新博得她的欢心 |
[15:31] | I don’t think it’s gonna work. | 我觉得这应该没用吧 |
[15:33] | No, no, here’s what doesn’t work– | 我告诉你什么才没用 |
[15:35] | Me being awakened at 2:00 a.m. by that pep talk | 我被你凌晨两点去嘘嘘 给你小弟弟 |
[15:37] | you give your dragon when you’re trying to pee. | 加油打气的话吵醒了 这才没用 |
[15:41] | Oh…You want me out. | 我明白了 你想让我走 |
[15:43] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[15:43] | It’s just, my life’s really stressful right now. | 我只是 最近压力很大 |
[15:46] | No apologies. | 不用道歉 |
[15:47] | It was very kind of you to take me in. | 你能收留我 已经很好了 |
[15:51] | I’m sure I can find another place to stay. | 我会找到别的地方待的 |
[15:56] | Oh, you’ve got to be kidding me. I told you to get dressed! | 不是吧你们 我说了让你们换衣服 |
[15:59] | I don’t wanna. | 我不想换 |
[16:00] | Damn it, girls! Listen to your mother. | 混账 听你妈的话 |
[16:03] | You can’t talk to me like that. You’re not my dad. | 你又不是我爸 凭什么这样跟我说话 |
[16:05] | Exactly. So I don’t give a crap if you live or die. | 就因为我不是你爸 我才不管你死活呢 |
[16:10] | Here. You see the notches on this belt? | 看 看见皮带上这些刻痕了吗 |
[16:13] | Those are all the men I killed in Korea. | 这都代表了我在韩国杀的棒子 |
[16:16] | First time, it was a little rough, | 第一次的时候还不太熟练 |
[16:18] | but after that, you develop a taste for blood. | 但是之后 你会爱上血的味道 |
[16:24] | So listen up, soldiers. | 所以给我听好了 士兵们 |
[16:25] | You are gonna march up those stairs, | 你们现在马上给我上楼去 |
[16:27] | put on your school gear, and be back down by 8:00 sharp. | 穿上上学的行头 八点整准时下来 |
[16:32] | Is that clear? | 听明白了没 |
[16:34] | All right. Now move! | 那就好 快去 |
[16:39] | Well, I guess I better go start packing. | 好了 我得去收拾东西了 |
[16:42] | No! No, no, no, no. | 等下等下 |
[16:43] | I can’t send a war veteran out on the treet. | 我不能把一个老兵轰出门去 |
[16:46] | As long as America is free, you have a place here. | 美国一天崇尚自由 我家就一天欢迎你 |
[16:55] | Let me finish. | 听我说完 |
[16:56] | See, this is why I didn’t tell you. | 这就是我没告诉你的原因 |
[16:58] | I knew you were gonna freak. | 我就知道你得疯掉 |
[17:00] | Because it’s not your decision. | 因为这不是你说了算的事 |
[17:01] | I don’t care if you’re the father. | 我才不管你是不是孩子她爸 |
[17:04] | Okay, you know what? I’m not doing this on the phone. | 我不想在电话里说了 |
[17:05] | Just meet me at the Coffee Cup in half an hour. | 半小时之内去”咖啡杯”见我 |
[17:39] | You using this chair? | 你用这个椅子吗 |
[17:40] | Uh, no, go ahead. | 不用 拿走吧 |
[17:47] | Mrs. Delfino? | 德尔非诺夫人 |
[17:49] | Oh, Porter. Shh. | 波特 小点声 |
[17:51] | I don’t want to Julie to know I’m here. | 我不想让朱莉知道我在这 |
[17:52] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[17:54] | Oh, she’s meeting a guy. | 她是来见一个男人的 |
[17:56] | I need to find out who it is. | 我得知道他是谁 |
[17:57] | Oh, hey, Porter. Over here. | 波特 这边 |
[18:02] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[18:09] | Oh, my God. | 上帝啊 |
[18:11] | You’re the guy. | 你就是那个男人 |
[18:15] | Porter Scavo is the father of my grandchild. | 波特·斯加沃是我外孙的父亲 |
[18:26] | I can’t believe you spied on me. | 真不敢相信你竟然调查我 |
[18:27] | And I can’t believe you shacked up | 我也不敢相信你竟然 |
[18:28] | with a kid you used to babysit. | 跟你当年当保姆照看过的孩子睡了 |
[18:30] | Can I just say something? | 我能说几句话吗 |
[18:32] | Are you two in a relationship? | 你们谈恋爱了吗 |
[18:33] | Oh, God, no. Never in a million years. | 没有 永远也不可能的 |
[18:35] | I can hear you! | 我能听到的 |
[18:37] | We ran into each other at a bar, okay? | 我们在酒吧偶然遇见的 |
[18:39] | And I-I’d just broken up with Will, | 我当时刚跟威尔分手 |
[18:40] | And I was feeling really depressed, | 我当时心情很沮丧 |
[18:41] | And Porter bought me a few drinks. | 波特请我喝了几杯 |
[18:43] | And then we went back to my place and– | 然后我俩去了我那儿… |
[18:44] | Apparently, forgot everything I taught you about condoms. | 很明显 我之前都白教你用安全套了 |
[18:47] | No. | 我们用了 |
[18:48] | It broke. | 但是套套破了 |
[18:51] | What’d you expect? It’s Porter Scavo. | 这个波特·斯加沃真是靠不住 |
[18:53] | He probably found it on the floor of a movie theater. | 他八成是在哪家电影院捡来的套套 |
[19:04] | Great. | 好极了 |
[19:06] | Well, you better get used to it. | 你最好接受这个事实 |
[19:08] | This snot-nosed kid, | 孩子的父亲居然是这个 |
[19:10] | the boy who got his head stuck in our fence, | 小时候曾把脑袋卡在咱家篱笆里的 |
[19:13] | is the father of your baby. | 乳臭未干的臭小子 |
[19:14] | No, the father will be an adoptive parent | 才不是他 我要给孩子找个收养她的父亲 |
[19:16] | who has gone through extensive interviews | 要经过多轮面试 |
[19:17] | – and a background check. – Both of you, stop. | -还要做背景调查 -你们俩都别说了 |
[19:20] | No more fighting. All this stress is bad for my baby. | 不许再吵了 负面压力对我孩子不好 |
[19:23] | Your baby? | 什么叫你的孩子 |
[19:25] | Yeah. I wanna keep it. | 就是我孩子 我要养她 |
[19:27] | You do? | 真的假的 |
[19:28] | Yeah. | 当真 |
[19:30] | Oh, I was just doing some research online. | 我还上网研究了 |
[19:31] | You might want to eat something called folic acid, | 你最好吃点叶酸什么的 |
[19:33] | – Or the baby could have a weird head. – You can’t be serious. | -不然孩子的头会长得很奇怪 -你不是认真的吧 |
[19:36] | There is no way we are raising a baby together. | 我才不可能跟你一起养孩子呢 |
[19:38] | Then I’ll do it myself. | 那我就自己养 |
[19:39] | Oh, please. You can’t do that. | 拜托 轮不着你管这事儿 |
[19:41] | Well, uh, legally… | 其实 从法律上讲… |
[19:43] | He can. | 轮得着他 |
[19:45] | I mean, fathers do have rights. | 我是说 父亲有决定权 |
[19:47] | Mom, what are you doing? | 妈 你这是什么意思 |
[19:48] | Nothing. I’m just reminding Porter | 没什么意思 就是提醒一下波特 |
[19:51] | That he does have a say in this | 他在这件事上有发言权 |
[19:53] | And letting him know that if he wants to raise the baby, | 我还要告诉他 如果他想抚养这个孩子 |
[19:55] | He’ll have my support | 我绝对支持 |
[19:57] | And unlimited babysitting. | 随时帮他看孩子 |
[19:58] | No! No, no, no. This is none of your business. | 不 不不不 这跟你俩没关系 |
[20:01] | Stay out of it! | 别管我的事儿 |
[20:04] | Porter, if you’re serious about this, I will help you. | 波特 如果你是认真的 我一定帮你 |
[20:07] | Just tell me what you need. | 说吧 需要我帮什么忙 |
[20:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[20:12] | Could you tell my mom? | 能帮我告诉我妈吗 |
[20:17] | I brought those contracts. Your secretary says | 我带了几份合同来 你秘书让你签了 |
[20:19] | To sign them so I can bring ’em back tomorrow. | 我明天好带回去 |
[20:21] | Aw. Thanks, babe. | 谢谢 宝贝 |
[20:23] | Listen, I want you to understand | 我希望你明白 |
[20:24] | I get how much you’ve had to do with me in here. | 你现在对我的付出 我都记在心里 |
[20:28] | But I talked to my counselor, | 我跟辅导老师说了 |
[20:29] | And he said that I don’t have to do the full 16 days. | 他说我不用非得上完16天课 |
[20:33] | I can get out a few days early, help out with the girls. | 我可以提前几天出去 帮你照顾女儿们 |
[20:36] | Oh, honey, you don’t worry about that. | 亲爱的 不用担心这事儿了 |
[20:38] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[20:39] | Because yesterday on the phone, | 昨天打电话的时候 |
[20:41] | You had that whole drowning fantasy. | 你还说想溺死谁呢 |
[20:43] | I know, but I got help at home. | 我记得 但是现在家里有人帮忙了 |
[20:45] | What, a nanny? | 什么 雇保姆了吗 |
[20:46] | Better. A sergeant. | 比保姆还棒 我有个警官了 |
[20:48] | I got Roy. | 是罗伊 |
[20:50] | McCluskey kicked him out, so I took him in. | 麦克卢斯基把他赶出来了 我收留了他 |
[20:52] | You wouldn’t believe how he’s getting the girls in line. | 你肯定不信他把孩子们管得多有规矩 |
[20:54] | McCluskey kicked him out? Why? | 麦克卢斯基为什么把他赶出来 |
[20:55] | Who knows? | 谁关心这个 |
[20:56] | By the way, big oil stain in the garage? | 对了 记不记得车库里有一大片油渍 |
[20:59] | He had the girls in there all afternoon. | 他盯着姑娘们在那儿干了一下午活 |
[21:01] | It’s gone! | 油渍无影踪 |
[21:02] | Wow. Those two seemed so perfect for each other. | 麦克卢斯基他俩以前多般配啊 |
[21:05] | And it’s perfect for me! | 对我来说是大喜事 |
[21:07] | Roy’s a genius. | 罗伊简直是天才 |
[21:08] | Simply by yelling at the girls | 他只需对姑娘们大吼大叫 |
[21:10] | And threatening ’em with violence, | 以武力威胁 |
[21:11] | He has made our home a happy place. | 就保证了咱家的温馨和谐 |
[21:13] | But aren’t you the least bit interested | 但是他俩到底为啥分手 |
[21:14] | In what drove them apart? | 你就没有一点点好奇吗 |
[21:17] | I know what’s gonna drive us apart– | 你再这样没完没了 问东问西 |
[21:18] | If you keep asking those kinds of queions! | 我就要跟你分手了 |
[21:26] | Hey, I, uh, I need to talk to you about Ben. | 我需要跟你谈谈本的事情 |
[21:29] | After what he did to me, I don’t care. | 他都对我那样了 我还关心他干嘛 |
[21:34] | He’s in the hospital. | 他进医院了 |
[21:36] | He is? | 是吗 |
[21:39] | What happened? | 他怎么了 |
[21:40] | I went to the site last night. | 我昨晚去工地上 |
[21:41] | He started having chest pains. | 发现他胸口剧痛 |
[21:44] | They say it’s not a heart attack, | 医生说不是心脏病发作 |
[21:46] | But they want to monitor him for a couple days. | 但还要观察他几天 |
[21:49] | But Ben’s a young guy. He’s healthy. | 可是本正是年富力强的时候 |
[21:51] | Why is he having chest pains? | 怎么会突然胸口痛 |
[21:53] | Oh, he’s been under a lot of stress. | 他最近压力特别大 |
[21:55] | Oh, is it the money thing? | 又是钱的问题吧 |
[21:57] | Yeah. It’s worse than you think. | 是的 而且比你想象得更糟 |
[21:59] | He’s in pretty deep to this… guy. | 他欠一个人很多钱 |
[22:02] | Guy? What kind of guy? | 谁 什么人 |
[22:04] | Let’s just say he’s not exactly a licensed banker, | 可以说这人不是什么正紧银行的 |
[22:07] | Which is what I wanted to talk to you about. | 我就是来找你说这个事儿的 |
[22:10] | Ben’s in trouble. | 本有大麻烦了 |
[22:17] | This is nice. | 感觉真好 |
[22:18] | It’s like you never left, | 感觉就像你从未离开过 |
[22:20] | Like all of those terrible things | 就好像 我说的那些可怕的事情 |
[22:22] | I told you about never happened, | 从未发生过一样 |
[22:23] | And we’ve been here in this kitchen, | 我们就这样一直呆在厨房里 |
[22:26] | Safe. | 充满安全感 |
[22:28] | It does feel very comfortable. | 确实很舒适 |
[22:30] | We’re like a pair of old jeans. | 就像穿久了的牛仔裤一样舒服 |
[22:31] | Well, we can only assume, since neither one of us | 这个比喻只能算假设 |
[22:33] | Has ever owned a pair of old jeans. | 因为咱俩谁都没有穿久的牛仔裤 |
[22:38] | I want to run something by you. | 我想跟你商量个事 |
[22:40] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[22:41] | Given everything you’ve been through lately, | 你最近经历了这么多事 |
[22:43] | How would you feel about a change of scenery? | 有没有考虑过换个环境 |
[22:45] | How big of a change? | 换成什么样的环境 |
[22:47] | Maine. | 换到缅因州去 |
[22:50] | My aunt recently passed. | 我姨母最近去世了 |
[22:52] | Ah, no need for sympathy. She was a wretched woman. | 不用悲伤 她生前是个讨厌的女人 |
[22:55] | She left her coastal cabin to me. | 她留给我一间海边小屋 |
[22:58] | Well, it might be nice to get away for a couple weeks. | 离开几周也是个好事 |
[22:59] | Yes. And if you like it, | 是啊 如果你愿意 |
[23:02] | Maybe we could make it more permanent, | 咱们还可以离开得更久一些 |
[23:05] | You know, move there. | 我是说 干脆搬过去 |
[23:08] | Are you talking about us getting back together? | 你是说咱俩复合吗 |
[23:11] | Because I’m not sure I’m ready for that. | 我不知道自己有没有准备好 |
[23:13] | All I’m talking about is a fresh start, | 我说的是 重新开始 |
[23:17] | A new chapter in your life. | 翻开你人生的新篇章 |
[23:19] | I don’t know, Orson. It’s such a massive change. | 我不确定 奥森 这是件大事 |
[23:22] | I’d be saying good-bye to all my friends. | 搬走了就见不到我所有的朋友了 |
[23:25] | You mean the women who involved you in a murder cover-up | 把你卷入隐瞒谋杀案中 又抛弃了你 |
[23:28] | And then abandoned you? | 这也叫朋友吗 |
[23:29] | Well, in all fairness, | 不过说句公道话 |
[23:30] | they did attempt | 她们确实试过为我开干预互助会 |
[23:32] | that intervention I told you about. | 我告诉过你的 |
[23:33] | And yet they haven’t come by since, have they? | 但自那以后她们还未拜访过 对吗 |
[23:38] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[23:39] | Come to the cabin. | 来小屋住 |
[23:41] | Just for a few weeks, to see if you like it. | 先试几周 看看你是否喜欢 |
[23:47] | You know what? Let’s do it. | 好 就这么定了 |
[23:49] | Wonderful. | 太好了 |
[23:50] | I’ll book the flight. | 我去订机票 |
[23:53] | How’s the sauce? | 酱汁味道如何 |
[23:58] | It’s all coming together perfectly. | 每样东西都完美地融合在了一起 |
[24:13] | What was that for? | 这是什么意思 |
[24:14] | For giving me the day off. | 感谢你让我放了一天假 |
[24:16] | I was able to hit the entire left side of the mall. | 购物中心的左半边我都逛完了 |
[24:19] | And if you’re willing to keep torturing my kids, | 如果你愿意继续管制我的孩子们 |
[24:21] | tomorrow I’ll hit the right side. | 明天我想去逛逛右半边 |
[24:22] | Hi, mom. | 你好 妈妈 |
[24:25] | What’s all this? | 这些是什么 |
[24:26] | The girls and I tackled that dead tree out back. | 我和孩子们把后院的枯树砍倒了 |
[24:29] | I taught them some basic forestry procedure. | 我教了她们一些基本的砍树步骤 |
[24:35] | The older one is pretty good with an ax. | 姐姐相当会用斧头 |
[24:37] | You might want to keep an eye on that. | 你最好注意点儿 |
[24:40] | Well, I can’t thank you enough. | 感激不尽 |
[24:42] | You are absolutely welcome to stay here… | 非常欢迎你留在这里 |
[24:45] | for the next 16 days. | 再住十六天 |
[24:47] | Yeah, well, I don’t know if I’m gonna make it that long. | 我不确定我是否需要住那么久 |
[24:50] | I’m thinking about begging Karen to take me back. | 我想求求凯伦 希望她能让我回去 |
[24:53] | What? | 什么 |
[24:54] | I really miss her. | 我真的很想她 |
[24:56] | No, you don’t. | 不 你没有想她 |
[24:59] | I mean, what’s there to miss? | 我是说 她那里有什么好想念的呢 |
[25:01] | You know, the foul moods and the nagging | 坏心情和唠叨吗 |
[25:04] | and the… | 还有 |
[25:06] | Yeah, she can be a little gruff. | 对 她是有一点坏脾气 |
[25:09] | And god knows I got my own baggage. | 我也有自己的毛病 |
[25:11] | But today, when I was telling the girls | 但今天 当我跟孩子们说 |
[25:15] | we could have a cozy fire tonight, | 要来一个温馨炉火之夜的时候 |
[25:17] | All I could think about was having one with Karen. | 脑袋里想的却是和凯伦一起度过 |
[25:24] | Well… I… | 我 |
[25:28] | I… think you just need to get your mind off her. | 我觉得你应该先不要想她 |
[25:31] | You know what would help? | 你知道什么能帮助你吗 |
[25:33] | A nice, long bath. | 泡一个悠长美好的澡 |
[25:34] | Yeah. Come on. | 来吧 |
[25:35] | Come on. You can, uh, use my lavender bath salts. | 来 你可以用我的薰衣草浴盐 |
[25:38] | Oh, I do like lavender. | 薰衣草 我还真喜欢 |
[25:40] | That reminds me of a funny story. | 它让我想起了一个有趣的故事 |
[25:43] | Hilarious. | 真好笑 |
[25:43] | Okay, into the bath. Chop chop. | 好吧 去洗澡吧 快点 |
[25:51] | Karen! Is that for me? How thoughtful. | 凯伦 这是给我的吗 真贴心 |
[25:54] | No, it’s for Roy, kind of a peace offering. | 不 是给罗伊的 算是和解礼物 |
[25:56] | No. I mean, don’t back down. | 不用 我是说 别妥协 |
[25:59] | I’ve only lived with the guy for one day, | 虽然我只和他一起住了一天 |
[26:01] | and I can tell he’s a handful. | 但我敢说他是个麻烦 |
[26:03] | Well, the truth is, I’m the handful, | 事实上 我才是个麻烦 |
[26:06] | and I really need to talk to him. | 而且我真的需要和他谈谈 |
[26:07] | I have to clear the air about a few things. | 我想消除我们之间的误会 |
[26:10] | I don’t think that’s gonna work. | 我觉得这样没用 |
[26:12] | Why not? Is he still angry? | 为什么没用 他还在生气吗 |
[26:14] | Livid. | 相当生气 |
[26:15] | Yeah, he took an ax to a tree in my backyard. | 他拎着斧头走到我后院的一棵树旁 |
[26:20] | He just kept hacking at it | 不停地砍啊砍 |
[26:22] | And muttering “Take that, Karen!” under his breath. | 还低声咕哝着”受死吧 凯伦” |
[26:26] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[26:26] | Yeah, you should go and look. Nothing left but a stump. | 对 你真应该去看看 只剩树桩了 |
[26:32] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:34] | You know what? Don’t worry. You let me work on him. | 别担心 让我劝劝他 |
[26:37] | I bet you he’ll come around in, | 我敢保证他会回去的 |
[26:39] | I don’t know, 16 days. | 大概要到 十六天后 |
[26:42] | Well, can you give this to him anyhow? | 不管怎样 你能帮我把这个交给他妈 |
[26:44] | It’s French apple. It’s his favorite. | 这是法式苹果派 是他最爱吃的 |
[26:46] | I will make sure he gets it. | 我会拿给他的 |
[26:48] | Yeah. | 好 |
[26:55] | Make this disappear. | 把它吃光 |
[26:58] | If you insist. | 既然你这么说了 |
[27:11] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[27:12] | They say they want to run more tests, but I’m fine. | 他们说还需要做些检查 但我感觉还好 |
[27:15] | Well, you look like crap. | 你看起来很糟 |
[27:17] | Thanks. So other than boosting my spirits, | 谢谢 除了让我打起精神 |
[27:20] | uh, what are you here for? | 你来这里还有什么事吗 |
[27:22] | Mike told me you borrowed money from a loan shark. | 麦克告诉我你借了高利贷 |
[27:26] | Mike should learn to keep his mouth shut. | 麦克应该学会闭紧他的嘴 |
[27:27] | Look, I don’t want you reading anytng into this. | 我不希望你想太多 |
[27:30] | I just don’t want to see you dead, | 我只是不想看着你死于 |
[27:32] | from that guy or stress. | 那个人或者压力 |
[27:34] | So how much do you need? | 你需要多少钱 |
[27:36] | From you? Not a cent. | 向你借钱吗 一分钱也不要 |
[27:39] | Ben, don’t be stupid. | 本 别傻了 |
[27:41] | You’re in trouble. I can help you. | 你现在有麻烦 我可以帮你 |
[27:43] | You want to help me? | 你想帮我吗 |
[27:46] | Wait till I get myself out of this mess, | 等我处理完这摊烂事之后 |
[27:49] | then let me come back to you | 允许我回到你身边 |
[27:50] | and apologize to you for what I did, | 让我为之前的所作所为向你道歉 |
[27:53] | then allow me to propose to you again… | 然后允许我再向你求一次婚 |
[27:58] | This time as the kind of man you deserve. | 这一次 我会是值得你嫁的男人 |
[28:02] | I mean it. I’m still crazy about you. | 我是说真的 我依然很爱你 |
[28:05] | That’s terrific. | 那太好了 |
[28:06] | But if you don’t pay those thugs what you owe them, | 但是如果你不能还钱给那些恶棍们 |
[28:09] | They’re gonna disassemble you. | 他们会把你大卸八块 |
[28:11] | And if we’re getting back together, | 如果我们要重新在一起 |
[28:13] | I want the whole package, | 我想要完整的你 |
[28:16] | not just parts. | 而不是一块一块的你 |
[28:19] | Well, don’t worry about me. I can take care of myself. | 别担心我 我能照顾好自己 |
[28:21] | Yeah. | 对 |
[28:23] | You’re doing a hell of a job. | 你做得很好 |
[28:31] | Is there a better way to wake up from a nap | 在新鲜出炉的牛角面包的香味中醒来 |
[28:34] | then to the smell of fresh-baked croissants? | 还有比这更好的起床方式吗 |
[28:38] | The question is rhetorical, | 虽然这是个反问句 |
[28:40] | but the answer is still no. | 但是回答依然是 没有 |
[28:44] | I’ve left some for you. | 我给你留了一点 |
[28:46] | These are for the girls. | 这些是给朋友们的 |
[28:48] | The girls? | 朋友们 |
[28:49] | Yes. I’ve been doing some thinking, | 对 我想了很久 |
[28:52] | and it’s time for reconciliation. | 是时候重归于好了 |
[28:56] | What a good heart you have, my dear. | 亲爱的 你有一颗善良的心 |
[29:00] | But you also have a good head, | 但你也有一颗聪明的脑袋 |
[29:01] | and maybe you should give this a second thought. | 也许你应该再想想 |
[29:03] | No, I’ve given it a lot of thought, | 不 我想了很久 |
[29:05] | and there’s blame enough for all four of us in what happened. | 我们四个已经为所发生的事情受到了惩罚 |
[29:08] | Beside if you think about it, they actually help save me. | 况且你想想 她们实际上帮助了我 |
[29:12] | How? | 怎样帮助 |
[29:13] | By calling you. | 打电话给你 |
[29:14] | You told me so yourself that night outside the bar. | 那天晚上在酒吧外你是这么告诉我的 |
[29:16] | And if they hadn’t, | 如果她们没有这么做 |
[29:18] | who knows what might have happened to me? | 谁知道我会发生什么事情 |
[29:20] | Well, I-I suppose one could make that argument, but– | 这么说是没错 但是 |
[29:23] | But nothing. I am gonna thank them | 没有但是 我要谢谢她们 |
[29:25] | for bringing you back into my life | 让你重新回到我的身边 |
[29:27] | and tell them about our trip together. | 还要告诉她们我们会一起出行的消息 |
[29:29] | And besides, | 除此之外 |
[29:31] | it’s time one of us made the first move. | 是时候该有人先迈出第一步了 |
[29:35] | They already did. | 这一步她们已经迈了 |
[29:37] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[29:39] | They came by the other day when I was outside | 前几天我在门口检查斜坡的时候 |
[29:42] | checking the ramp. | 她们来过了 |
[29:43] | I didn’t tell you because… | 我没告诉你是因为 |
[29:46] | it was an unkind visit. | 来者不善 |
[29:49] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[29:50] | At first, I thought they were here | 起初 我以为她们是 |
[29:51] | to apologize for how they treated you. | 为之前对你的态度 而登门道歉的 |
[29:54] | But then the comments started– | 结果她们却出言不善 |
[29:57] | How you “Deserve” what happened | 口口声声说你今天的下场都是自作孽 |
[30:00] | and how they regret calling me | 还有她们有多后悔给我打了电话 |
[30:01] | because now I was “Stuck” with you. | 因为我现在被你缠住了 |
[30:05] | They said those things? | 她们真这么说的 |
[30:07] | And more. | 不止如此 |
[30:09] | Worse. | 还有更难听的 |
[30:16] | I swore I wasn’t gonna tell you, Bree, | 我发誓我本不想说出来让你伤心的 |
[30:18] | but I couldn’t let you humiliate yourself | 但我实在不想你自取其辱 |
[30:21] | by extending kindness to people so undeserving of it. | 把你的善意施舍给那些不配的人 |
[30:28] | No, I’m glad you didn’t hide it from me. | 不 我很欣慰你没让我蒙在鼓里 |
[30:35] | You’re always trying to protect me, aren’t you? | 一直以来你都在尽力保护我 |
[30:43] | Lynette, oh, I’m so glad you could come over. | 勒奈特 你来了真好 |
[30:45] | Oh, you said you wanted to talk. What’s going on? | 你不是说有事找我谈吗 什么事 |
[30:47] | Come sit down. | 过来坐 |
[30:49] | Put your feet up. | 休息一下 |
[30:52] | Have a cookie. | 吃块曲奇 |
[30:53] | Okay. | 好 |
[30:57] | Look at us, | 看看咱们 |
[30:58] | beings friends… | 做了这么多年闺蜜 |
[31:02] | eating cookies. | 一起吃曲奇 |
[31:06] | Can you imagine us being even closer than we are right now? | 你能想象到有一天我们会比现在更亲近吗 |
[31:11] | Um… I think we’re pretty close already. | 我觉得已经够亲近了 |
[31:14] | I’m just saying, | 我的意思是 |
[31:16] | wouldn’t it be great if we were family? | 你想不想亲上加亲 |
[31:19] | Okay, Susan, if you need a ride to the airport– | 苏珊 如果你想我送你去机场的话 |
[31:21] | No, not that. | 不 不是那个意思 |
[31:24] | I just want to share some amazing news… | 我只想跟你分享一个惊天喜讯 |
[31:28] | About our children. | 跟我们的孩子有关 |
[31:31] | No! | 不 |
[31:32] | No! No! No! He can’t be having a baby! | 坚决不行 他不能要这个孩子 |
[31:35] | Here! Honey, breathe into this! | 给你 亲爱的 用这个 |
[31:39] | Okay. It’s gonna be okay. | 好 会没事的 |
[31:42] | Julie’s gonna give the baby up for adoption. | 反正朱莉也要把孩子送去领养 |
[31:44] | I don’t know why people do this. | 我真不懂为什么会搞出这样的事来 |
[31:46] | Uh, actually,in a very mature move, | 其实 波特做出了一个非常成熟的决定 |
[31:48] | Porter says he wants to keep the baby. | 他想养育这个孩子 |
[31:51] | What? | 什么 |
[31:52] | Yeah. He wants to raise it himself. | 没错 他想亲自养大这个孩子 |
[31:55] | He can’t raise a baby! | 他怎么养得了孩子 |
[31:57] | He can’t even take care of himself. | 他连自己都照顾不好 |
[31:58] | All he eats are frozen waffles– still frozen! | 他吃的华夫饼都是冻的 热一下都不会 |
[32:01] | Okay, you just need to calm down. | 你需要冷静下来 |
[32:03] | No, what I need is–is a time machine | 不 我需要的是一台时光机 |
[32:05] | to go back there | 让我回到那个时刻 |
[32:06] | so I can slap some sense into that idiot. | 好让我一掌拍死那个白痴 |
[32:08] | In fact, I’m gonna do the slapping part right now. | 实际上 我现在就应该回去拍他 |
[32:10] | No, no, no, no. You– you can’t be mad at Porter. | 不 不 你不能生波特的气 |
[32:13] | I mean, you should’ve heard the way | 你应该看看 |
[32:14] | he was talking about the baby. He’s so excited. | 他谈起这个孩子喜不自禁的样子 |
[32:17] | Yeah, and he’ll stay excited for about a week, | 对 他能高兴一个礼拜就不错了 |
[32:20] | just like he did with the puppy we gave him in fifth grade. | 就像对待五年级时我们送他那条小狗一样 |
[32:23] | – Know what happened to that puppy? – No. | -知道那狗最后怎么了吗 -不 |
[32:24] | No one does. | 鬼才知道 |
[32:25] | And–and what was Julie thinking? | 还有 朱莉脑子里都是什么啊 |
[32:28] | Julie? | 朱莉 |
[32:28] | Yeah, she should have some sense. She’s getting a PhD. | 她不应该犯傻啊 都要博士毕业的人了 |
[32:31] | My kid eats waffsicles. | 不像我儿子生活都不能自理呢 |
[32:33] | You’re missing the point here. | 你还没抓住重点 |
[32:35] | – Your son… – Yeah. | -你儿子 -嗯 |
[32:36] | And my daughter–they made this sweet little baby together, | 和我的女儿一起有了这个爱情结晶 |
[32:40] | and we could help raise it. | 我们可以帮忙养大啊 |
[32:41] | Oh. I… I already have a sweet little baby, | 我家里已经有个小不点儿了 |
[32:47] | who is only months away from day care. | 才刚刚脱离了粘人的阶段 |
[32:49] | I am not going right back to the beginning. | 我可不想再回到那苦不堪言的日子 |
[32:52] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[32:53] | You’re afraid of being inconvenienced, | 你就是怕麻烦 |
[32:58] | so you want to give the baby away to strangers. | 所以你才想把孩子送给陌生人养 |
[33:02] | No. | 才不是 |
[33:05] | I want to give that baby away | 我是想把孩子交给 |
[33:06] | to people who are ready to be parents. | 那些已经准备好为人父母的人 |
[33:08] | It’s better for Porter, it’s better for Julie, | 这样对波特和朱莉都好 |
[33:09] | and it’s sure as hell better for that baby. | 当然 对孩子来说更好 |
[33:28] | Look at what I’m doing. | 看我在干什么 |
[33:30] | Pay attention to me. Tell me I’m great. | 快注意我 快表扬我 |
[33:31] | What is happening? | 你抽什么疯 |
[33:32] | I’m thirsty. I want a glass of water now! | 我渴死了 我要喝水 立马赶快 |
[33:35] | Water! Water! Water! | 我要喝水 |
[33:36] | Oh. You’re a baby. I get it. | 你是个孩子 我懂了 |
[33:38] | No, Porter, you don’t get it. | 不 波特 你才不懂 |
[33:41] | When this baby comes, it’s gonna want food and clothes | 孩子一旦降生 他要衣食住行全齐 |
[33:45] | and a home to live in, | 还要个像样的家 |
[33:46] | because babies are selfish that way. | 因为孩子就是那么自私 |
[33:49] | I think I can handle it. | 我能搞定 |
[33:50] | Are you serious? | 你来真的 |
[33:51] | You’ve never been able to commit to anything. | 你从没认真对待过任何事 |
[33:53] | Maybe if Julie was giving birth to a video game | 如果朱莉生的是个游戏或者是个新的黄色网站 |
[33:55] | or a new porn site, | 还有可能 |
[33:57] | but there is no way in hell you are ready for this! | 但是现在你绝对承担不了为人父母的责任 |
[33:59] | – Can I talk now? – Yes, go ahead, but if I happen | -我能说两句吗 -好啊 你说啊 |
[34:01] | to roll my eyes and snort, | 但你要是看见我不屑一顾的神情 |
[34:03] | just know I was provoked. | 就知道我要大动肝火了 |
[34:04] | Everything you said is true. | 你刚才说的都是事实 |
[34:06] | I-I’m not ready for this. | 我是还没准备好 |
[34:08] | I have $17 in my checking account | 我的活期账户里只有17块 |
[34:10] | and no clue how to write a resume. | 写个简历也一筹莫展 |
[34:13] | Yeah, a couple days ago, that didn’t bother me, | 没错 几天前我还满不在乎 |
[34:14] | but now it’s all I can think about. | 但现在我满脑子全是这件事 |
[34:16] | Well, you’re gonna have to do more than think. | 别光说不练 |
[34:18] | I will. I’ll get a job. I’ll take–I’ll take classes. | 我会的 我会找份工作 会去上课 |
[34:21] | I’ll do whatever it takes. | 需要做什么我都会去做 |
[34:24] | Okay. | 好 |
[34:26] | Okay, that’s great, but… | 有这个想法很好 但是 |
[34:32] | When you are a parent, | 为人父母以后 |
[34:34] | there is so much you are gonna have to give up. | 才会切身感受到你要舍弃很多东西 |
[34:38] | Your whole life just… | 你的一生 |
[34:43] | It is gonna change forever. | 就此彻底改变了 |
[34:46] | It already has. | 已经改变了 |
[34:49] | She’s not even born yet, and I can’t believe | 真不敢相信 她还没出生 |
[34:50] | how much I’m dying to… see her. | 我已经迫不及待地想见她了 |
[34:55] | Mom… | 妈妈 |
[34:57] | I love her. | 我爱这个孩子 |
[34:59] | I really, really love her. | 真的很爱她 |
[35:12] | I hope you’re happy, Porter hired a lawyer. | 这下你高兴了吧 波特找了个律师 |
[35:15] | He wants to raise the baby. | 他想抚养这个孩子 |
[35:16] | Hey, is that such a terrible thing? | 这件事就这么可怕吗 |
[35:19] | I mean, he’s not gonna be doing it on his own. I’ll help. | 他不会孤军奋战的 我能帮忙 |
[35:22] | You think that makes it better? | 你觉得这样情况就会好转吗 |
[35:24] | Now when I come home, I’ll have to see her. | 这样一来 我一回来就得看到她 |
[35:27] | Do you have any idea how painful that’s gonna be? | 你知不知道那有多痛苦 |
[35:31] | I just… | 我就想 |
[35:33] | want to forget this ever happened. | 忘了这一切 假装从没发生过 |
[35:36] | Julie, it’s your daughter. | 朱莉 这可是你的亲生女儿 |
[35:39] | You’re never gonna forget. | 你永远忘不掉的 |
[35:42] | You don’t know that. | 这事你可说不准 |
[35:44] | Yes, I do, | 我当然确定 |
[35:46] | Because I’ve had a daughter. | 因为我养过女儿 |
[35:49] | You can’t possibly understand this until you have one, too, | 当你也有了女儿之后 你就会明白 |
[35:53] | But every single day that you’re not with me, | 你不在我身边的那些日子 |
[35:56] | I think about you. | 我每天都在想你 |
[36:00] | I wonder what you’re doing, | 想着你在干什么 |
[36:02] | I worry if you’re safe, | 担心你的安危 |
[36:06] | and I hope you are happy. | 同时希望你幸福 |
[36:12] | No! | 不要 |
[36:14] | This was my decision to make, | 为这件事做决定的人 应该是我 |
[36:17] | and you took it away. | 你却剥夺了我的权利 |
[36:21] | I can’t forgive you for that. | 所以我无法原谅你 |
[36:31] | Oh, there you are. I can’t get Celia to take a bath. | 原来你在这里 西利娅死活不肯洗澡 |
[36:34] | Do you still have that dummy grenade? | 你那颗唬人的手榴弹还在不在 |
[36:40] | You okay? | 你怎么了 |
[36:42] | I just didn’t think was gonna end like this. | 没想到 我们就这样结束了 |
[36:47] | After all these years, | 这么多年了 |
[36:49] | I thought I’d finally found the one. | 我以为自己终于找到了对的人 |
[36:53] | Oh, it’s just a rough patch. | 不过是一时的争执 |
[36:55] | You two will come out of this stronger than ever. | 经历了这一次 你们的感情会更坚固 |
[36:57] | I don’t know about that. | 这我就不敢说了 |
[36:59] | At my age, falling in love | 我这个岁数 爱上一个人 |
[37:02] | is not about all that drama you young people go through. | 不是要像你们年轻人那样追求刺激 |
[37:06] | It’s about finding the one who’ll be there, | 而是要找到那个不离不弃的人 |
[37:11] | Holding your hands, at the end. | 手拉手 一直走到生命的尽头 |
[37:15] | I thought… | 我原以为 |
[37:16] | Karen would be that person for me. | 凯伦就是我要找的那个人 |
[37:20] | But I-I guess I was wrong. | 现在看来 是我想错了 |
[37:36] | So we got your M.R.I. back, | 核磁共振的检查结果出来了 |
[37:40] | and I’m afraid the results are not what we’d hoped for. | 恐怕不如我们所愿 |
[37:45] | The cancer is back. | 你的癌症复发了 |
[37:46] | It’s metastasized to the brain. | 已经转移到了脑部 |
[37:53] | So the drugs have stopped working, huh? | 这么说药物已经不起作用了 是吗 |
[37:56] | I’m afraid so. | 恐怕是这样 |
[37:58] | But we’ll start you | 不过我们可以马上 |
[37:59] | on an aggressive course of radiation right away, | 对你实行积极的放射治疗 |
[38:03] | and there are new therapies we can try. | 还可以尝试些新的疗法 |
[38:06] | Thanks for giving it to me straight. | 谢谢你的坦率 |
[38:10] | Karen… | 卡伦 |
[38:13] | We’ve been through this before, | 我们之前和癌症斗争过 |
[38:16] | and you are a fighter, | 你是个勇士 |
[38:18] | but this is gonna be tough. | 不过这次治疗会很难熬 |
[38:20] | You’re gonna need a lot of support from Roy. | 你需要罗伊的大力支持 |
[38:25] | Actually, uh, Roy’s out of the picture. | 其实 这回没罗伊什么事了 |
[38:28] | He and I split. | 我们俩分开了 |
[38:30] | Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. | 听到这个消息 我真遗憾 |
[38:33] | I’m not. | 我不遗憾 |
[38:34] | He had to watch his first wife get sick and die. | 他得照顾病入膏肓的前妻 给她送终 |
[38:37] | He doesn’t need to go through that again. | 就不用在我这里再受一次罪了 |
[38:42] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[38:47] | This is for the best. | 这样对谁都好 |
[39:03] | If you don’t mind, | 如果你不介意的话 |
[39:04] | I’d like to just pay the entire bill today | 我今天把帐都付了 |
[39:06] | and close out this account. | 这账户就清了 |
[39:10] | And, uh, I assume you’ll honor our agreement | 我相信你会信守承诺 |
[39:13] | to keep this just between you and me. | 不把此事对外声张 |
[39:15] | Yeah, sure. | 好的 没问题 |
[39:17] | You have a lovely home. | 你的家很漂亮 |
[39:20] | I can tell you like the finer things. | 你肯定是个会享受生活的人 |
[39:23] | You were married to that Yankee, right? | 你前夫是洋基队的棒球运动员 是吗 |
[39:26] | I heard he cheated on you. | 听说他之前对你不忠 |
[39:28] | Man, you must have cleaned up in that divorce. | 老兄 那段婚姻肯定让你捞了一大笔 |
[39:36] | It always amazes me how much power | 我一直惊异于 |
[39:38] | is in this little piece of paper. | 这张小纸片承载的份量 |
[39:40] | I mean, with it, all your problems disappear. | 我是说有了它 你的问题就统统解决了 |
[39:43] | Without it, | 没有它 |
[39:45] | Your Aussie friend… | 你那位澳洲朋友 |
[39:49] | He ends up begging one of my guys | 就会求着我的某位手下 |
[39:51] | not to shoot him in the kneecap. | 不要冲他膝盖开枪 |
[39:55] | Uh, you… have your money. | 既然你 钱已经拿到了 |
[39:58] | Are we done? | 咱们两清了吧 |
[40:00] | Sure, we’re done. | 当然 两清了 |
[40:01] | Normally, I’d never take a check | 我向来是不收支票的 |
[40:02] | but you seem like a classy lady, | 不过你看起来是个有品位的女人 |
[40:07] | and I know where you live. | 而且我也知道你的住址 |
[40:17] | I remember this. | 这件我还记得 |
[40:19] | I bought it for you in Milan. | 在米兰的时候 我送你的 |
[40:22] | Cashmere. | 开司米羊绒 |
[40:24] | It’s one of my favorites. | 是我最喜欢的几件衣服之一 |
[40:27] | Much too fussy for where we’re going. | 穿这件跟我去那里就太讲究了 |
[40:30] | You want to stick with more comfortable, casual things, Bree. | 只管带些穿着舒服的休闲款就好 布里 |
[40:36] | Is everything okay? | 有什么问题吗 |
[40:37] | Yes. It’s just that I don’t think | 没有 我只是觉得 |
[40:40] | I’ve ever seen you this confident. | 从来没见过你如此自信 |
[40:45] | Well, I’m not the same man I was two years ago. | 我已经不是两年前的自己了 |
[40:48] | I’ve let go of a lot, | 看淡了很多事情 |
[40:50] | changed my life completely. | 彻底改变了我的人生 |
[40:52] | How did you do that? | 你是怎么做到的 |
[40:53] | Well, it started when I learned to drive again. | 这要从我重新学会开车说起 |
[40:57] | – Really? – Mm. | -是吗 -是的 |
[40:59] | I know it sounds strange, | 听起来可能挺怪的 |
[41:00] | but for me, in my condition, | 但就我个人情况而言 |
[41:03] | that freedom changed everything. | 开车赋予我自由 改变了一切 |
[41:10] | Driving was a way | 对我来说 |
[41:11] | for me to move forward with my life, | 开车是推动自己向前看的方式 |
[41:14] | to let go of the past. | 让我忘记过去 |
[41:20] | Being on the road gave me a new perspective. | 开在路上 让我获得全新的视角 |
[41:28] | I started to see the silver lining | 甚至最不堪的情景 |
[41:30] | in even the worst situations. | 我也能从中看到希望 |
[41:36] | I learned to be calmer, | 我变得更加淡定 |
[41:38] | more patient. | 更加有耐心 |
[41:42] | I even began spending more time in nature. | 我甚至开始多多接触自然 |
[41:50] | And I started reaching out to old friends. | 开始跟老朋友联系 |
[41:59] | It took time, | 这并非一朝一夕的事 |
[42:01] | but little by little, I became a new man. | 但慢慢地 我变成了一个全新的自己 |
[42:05] | What an inspiring story. | 多么激励的故事啊 |
[42:09] | Perhaps when we’re in Maine, | 或许等咱们到了缅因州 |
[42:10] | you can help me start the process of changing my life. | 你可以帮我一步步改变我的生活 |
[42:14] | Oh, Bree, don’t you see? | 布里 难道你没发觉吗 |
[42:17] | The process has already started for you. | 你的改变已经开始了 |
[42:21] | I suppose it has. | 我想是的 |
[42:24] | Trust me, darling. | 相信我 亲爱的 |
[42:26] | You won’t believe where it’s going to end up. | 结局绝对令你难以置信 |