时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | old friends fought. | 老朋友心生嫌隙 |
[00:04] | You knew that julie was in trouble,and you chose not to come to me. | 你知道Julie惹上麻烦却不告诉我 |
[00:09] | New lovers lie. | 新恋人欺骗隐瞒 |
[00:12] | where did you get it,bree? | 你是从哪儿搞到的 Bree? |
[00:13] | She bought it?I’m assuming. | 她买的 我猜 |
[00:15] | Uh,yes,at that little antique store down on pearl street. | 是啊 在珍珠街的古玩店里 |
[00:18] | Sorry.We sell furniture. | 不好意思 我们只卖家具 |
[00:20] | She must have gotten it somewhere else. | 她肯定是从其他地方买的 |
[00:21] | And suspicion was born. | 案件疑窦丛生 |
[00:23] | Do you know where katherine was the night that julie was attacked? | 你知道Julie遇袭当晚katherine在哪吗? |
[00:31] | julie mayer was having trouble sleeping. | Julie Mayer一直睡不好 |
[00:35] | You see,every time she closed her eyes,she dreamt of her neighbor. | 每当闭上眼睛 她就梦到她的邻居 |
[00:43] | They met when she came to tutor his son. | 她在为他儿子辅导功课时与他相识 |
[00:47] | Later,a chance encounter at a cafe led to hours of conversation. | 后来 他们在咖啡店偶然相遇 聊了数小时 |
[00:55] | He asked to see her again…and again…and again. | 他要求再见她 一而再 再而三 |
[01:05] | And the next thing julie knew, | 接下来 Julie就发现 |
[01:08] | she was having an affair with a married man. | 她与已婚男人上了床 |
[01:13] | But then,after a close call, | 后来 在差点出事后 |
[01:17] | she came to her senses and told the man it was over. | 她顿时醒悟 告诉他希望结束 |
[01:28] | unrtunately for julie,some men can’t take “no” for an answer. | 不幸的是 有些男人不肯就此作罢 |
[01:34] | Can I come in? | 能进来吗? |
[01:44] | what,that’s it? | 就这样结束? |
[01:45] | It’s that simple to you? | 对你来说就这么轻而易举? |
[01:46] | you have to leave now. | 请你马上离开 |
[01:47] | Come on.Let’s just talk about this. | 别这样 我们好好谈谈 |
[01:49] | There is nothing to talk about! | 没什么好谈的! |
[01:51] | – Just go! – Yes,there is! | – 有的谈! – 你走吧! |
[01:52] | Just come on.Talk to me! | 别这样 我们谈谈! |
[01:59] | lynette.Hi.What’s up? | Lynette 嗨 有事吗? |
[02:02] | I’m just dropping off that band candy your mom bought from penny. | 我来送你妈向Penny买下的糖果盒乐队CD |
[02:05] | Everything okay? | 你没事吧? |
[02:07] | Yeah.Everything’s fine. | 恩,没什么事 |
[02:09] | mr.Bolen was just leaving.Right? | Bolen先生正要走 是吗? |
[02:12] | Yeah,I guess I was. | 是的 |
[02:14] | – Hey,lynette. – Hey,nick. | – 嘿 Lynette – 嘿 Nick |
[02:20] | What was that about? | 怎么了? |
[02:22] | What do you mean? | 什么怎么了? |
[02:24] | Well,I don’t mean to pry. | 我不想乱打听 |
[02:26] | It’s just… when I was walking up,I heard you two arguing. | 不过 我在门口听到你们俩争吵 |
[02:34] | He’s the guy. | 他就是那个人 |
[02:36] | The guy? | 那个人? |
[02:37] | The guy I was… having the affair with. | 那个和我私通的人 |
[02:41] | No.No! | 不会吧! |
[02:44] | – Why did you tell me this?! – You asked. | – 干嘛要告诉我?! – 是你问起的 |
[02:46] | Why not lie?I’m late for work.I would’ve bought anything. | 干嘛说实话啊? 我上班要迟到了 我不该来的 |
[02:50] | Look,don’t freak out.It’s over. | 别慌 我和他结束了 |
[02:51] | Not for me.Now I have to tell your mom! | 我看不象 现在我得告诉你妈了! |
[02:54] | No,you don’T. | 别,千万别 |
[02:55] | She was pissed when I didn’t tell her you might be pregnant. | 我没告诉她你可能怀孕的事 她大为光火 |
[02:58] | If I don’t tell her about this,I’m dead. | 如果我不告诉她这事 我就死定了 |
[03:00] | Come on,lynette. | 拜托 Lynette |
[03:01] | I am serious! | 这不是开玩笑! |
[03:02] | She already shotatherine. | 她都朝Katherine开枪了 |
[03:03] | Now she’s got a taste for blood. | 现在她可是嗜血成性 |
[03:05] | There’s no reason to tell her anything. | 没必要告诉她 |
[03:07] | I broke it off weeks ago. | 我几周前就和他分手了 |
[03:10] | Then why was he here? | 那他今天来干嘛? |
[03:11] | He wants me to take him back. | 他想复合 |
[03:14] | Threaten to tell his wife. | 那就以告诉他太太相威胁 |
[03:15] | He doesn’t care. | 他不在乎 |
[03:17] | He says he loves me. | 他说他爱我 |
[03:18] | Oh,honey,you’re smart enough to know that that’s a lie.Right? | 亲爱的 你不会笨到相信他的鬼话吧? |
[03:27] | I keep trying to get over him,but then he comes over here and he says all this stuff, | 我一直想忘了他 但他却来说这通话 |
[03:33] | and I-I just get so confused. | 我也不知道怎么办了 |
[03:37] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[03:39] | I will handle this. | 这事我来处理 |
[03:42] | Really? | 真的? |
[03:45] | And you–you won’t tell my mom? | 你不会告诉我妈吧? |
[03:50] | No,I won’T. | 不会 |
[03:53] | thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:55] | That night,for the first time in weeks,julie mayer would sleep well. | 那晚 Julie Mayer几星期来头一次睡得很香 |
[04:01] | Unfortunately,lynette scavo would not. | 不幸的是 Lynette Scavo睡不着了 |
[04:13] | Desperate Housewives Season 6 Episode 06 | |
[04:16] | “The fairview homeschooling workbook” was created to help parents teach their children. | “美景家庭学校教科书” 旨在帮助家长教育孩子 |
[04:23] | It’s colorful,very entertaining, | 该书色泽鲜亮 趣味盎然 |
[04:28] | a bit challenging and guaranteed to make teaching fun. | 有挑战性 又寓教于乐 |
[04:35] | Pick that up,or I will knock you into next week! | 捡起来 否则我就痛揍你一顿! |
[04:39] | I hate fractions! | 我讨厌分数! |
[04:40] | I don’t care!You still have to learn them! | 我才不管! 你还是得学! |
[04:42] | Why?Fractions are boring! | 为什么? 分数无聊透了! |
[04:45] | Okay.Fine. | 好 |
[04:47] | Let me make it more interesting for you. | 我来让它变得有趣些 |
[04:49] | Say I take mrs.Doolittle– you favorite doll– and I chop her into thirds. | 比方说 把你最爱的小不点娃娃剁成三段 |
[04:54] | I bury one third in the yard. | 我把1/3埋在园子里 |
[04:55] | I put another third down the garbage disposal. | 另1/3扔到垃圾箱里 |
[04:58] | How much of mrs.Doolittle do you have left? | 小不点娃娃还剩下几分之几? |
[05:01] | You’re not gonna hurt her,are you? | 你不会伤害她的 是吧? |
[05:03] | It depends on how you answer the question! | 那得看你怎么回答我的问题了! |
[05:05] | Gaby! | |
[05:06] | Can I see you for a sec? | 能和你说句话吗? |
[05:15] | What is going on? | 你那是在干嘛? |
[05:16] | I’m teaching math. | 我在教她数学 |
[05:18] | By threatening her toys? | 就凭威胁她的玩具? |
[05:19] | well,maybe teacher’s a little tired,okay? | 可能老师有点累了 好吗? |
[05:22] | It’s not the only thing I have to do around here. | 我在家不仅要教她 |
[05:24] | I also have to cook and clean. | 还要做饭 打扫卫生 |
[05:26] | Okay,I hear you. | 我知道了 |
[05:27] | It isn’t fair that all this falls on you. | 所有的事都由你来做 并不公平 |
[05:30] | – I’ll get you some help. – Thank you. | – 我给你找个人帮忙 – 谢谢 |
[05:33] | We’ll get a housekeeper. | 我们找个管家 |
[05:34] | What?No,no,no,I’d rather have a tutor. | 什么? 不不 我想找个老师 |
[05:36] | You’d rather scrubs toilets than teach your daughter? | 你宁愿擦马桶也不愿教你女儿? |
[05:39] | Well,at least the toilets won’t talk back. | 起码 马桶不会回嘴 |
[05:42] | Gaby,she just had to leave her school and all her friends. | Gaby 她刚离开学校和朋友 |
[05:44] | And now her mother’s gonna abandon her and leave her with some stranger? | 现在她妈还要把她交给陌生人? |
[05:47] | – I don’t think so. – No,but… | – 这可不行 – 不是的 不过… |
[05:48] | no “but”S.Juanita needs you right now.You’re doing this. | 别不过了 Juanita现在需要的是你 你得教下去 |
[05:57] | don’t worry.Your doll’s safe. | 别担心 你的娃娃安全了 |
[06:00] | If I’m gonna chop anything off,it’s gonna be something of your daddy’s! | 如果真要剁啥的话 也是剁你爸的东西! |
[06:04] | So you’re saying you won’t even talk to her? | 这么说 你们甚至不会找她问话? |
[06:07] | No,we already interviewed mrs.Mayfair. | 不 我们已经找Mayfair夫人问过话了 |
[06:09] | That’s when you thought danny bolen had attacked julie. | 那是在你们以为Danny Bolen袭击Julie时 |
[06:12] | You treated her like a witness. | 那时 你们把她当作是证人 |
[06:14] | Now you need to treat her like a suspect. | 现在 你们得把她当作嫌犯 |
[06:16] | Look,miss,we’re not trying to dismiss your concerns, | 听着 夫人 我们不是不想为您分忧 |
[06:18] | but women don’t commit this kind of crime. | 但这种案子不可能是女人干的 |
[06:21] | They tend to keep at a physical remove from their victims– vehicular assaults,poison. | 她们不会碰这类案子 袭击车辆或投毒什么的 |
[06:27] | Well,maybe katherine was thinng outside the box. | 也许Katherine正是跳出固定思维 |
[06:33] | Hey,did you get any mayo? | 你拿蛋黄酱了没? |
[06:35] | Yeah. | 拿了 |
[06:37] | look,I was skeptical,too,but she does have a motive. | 我一开始也不相信 但她确实有作案动机 |
[06:40] | She hates susan. | 她恨Susan |
[06:41] | Well,that’s a motive to attack her. | 那该对她下手才是 |
[06:44] | Well,maybe katherine saw julie taking out the garbage and thought it was me. | 也许Katherine看见Julie出去扔垃圾 把她当成我 |
[06:49] | She mistook you for a 23-year-old? | 她把你当成23岁的姑娘? |
[06:56] | I’m sorry,mrs.Delfino,but,uh,unless you’ve got actual evidence, | 不好意思 Delfino夫人 除非您有确凿的证据 |
[06:59] | we’re gonna keep assuming that this is a random incident– | 否则我们还是认为这是起随机事件 |
[07:01] | one that your daughter thankfully survived. | 所幸你女儿没有遇害 |
[07:06] | Damn it!They forgot the pickle! | 见鬼! 他们忘了给泡菜! |
[07:09] | What is with this place? | 这个地方是怎么了? |
[07:10] | Is there anyone here that understands a woman can be a psycho killer,too? | 有人相信女人可能是变态杀手吗? |
[07:14] | Ah,maybe I can help. | 或许我能帮上忙 |
[07:16] | You want me to take this one? | 想让我接手吗? |
[07:19] | Have at it. | 给你了 |
[07:21] | Thank you so much. | 太感谢了 |
[07:22] | So how about I,uh,take a look at your file? | 要不我先看看卷宗? |
[07:25] | I will swing by tomorrow,and I’ll get your statement then. | 明天再去向你录口供 |
[07:29] | Great. | 好极了 |
[07:31] | Well… it is nice to know that someone cares about justice more than pickles. | 真高兴 有人更关心公正而不是泡菜 |
[07:40] | Come on,mike. | 走吧 Mike |
[07:44] | are you sure you want this case? | 你真要接这个案子? |
[07:46] | ‘Cause I’ve got a serial killer here that might be more fun. | 我这儿有更有趣的连环杀手案哦 |
[07:50] | Nah,she and I go way back. | 她和我渊源深着呐 |
[07:55] | She doesn’t remember me now,but she will. | 她现在不记得我 但她会记起的 |
[08:02] | I wish you hadn’t committed us to this. | 真希望你没应邀 |
[08:04] | Why?They’re our neighbors,and they’ve been asking us for weeks. | 为什么? 他们是邻居 请我们请了好几周了 |
[08:07] | I’m not a fan of angie bolen.She can be very forward. | 我不喜欢Angie Bolen 她太前卫了 |
[08:10] | I like her. | 我喜欢她 |
[08:11] | She’s earthy,takes a real interest in people. | 她很有乡土气息 喜欢与人打交道 |
[08:13] | Yes.Last week,she asked me how much my dress cost | 是啊 上星期她问我衣服值多少钱 |
[08:16] | and did I still get visits from my aunt flo. | 问我”大姨妈”还来不来 |
[08:19] | – Well,I believe that’s a euphemism for… – I know what it means. | – 那是种委婉语 意思是… – 我知道什么意思 |
[08:24] | By the way,I stopped by that antique store today– | 顺便说一下 我今天去了那家古玩店 |
[08:26] | the one where you said you bought that brooch. | 就是你说你买胸针的那家 |
[08:29] | Yeah,I thought I’d get you a replacement since you gave yours to susan. | 我本想给你再买个东东 因为你把你的还给Susan了 |
[08:32] | But the owner said they don’t sell jewelry there. | 但店主说他们不卖首饰 |
[08:35] | Just furniture. | 只卖家具 |
[08:37] | Well,that’s odd. | 好奇怪 |
[08:39] | I must’ve confused that store with the jewelry shop on maple street. | 我肯定是把它和枫叶街上的珠宝店搞混了 |
[08:43] | Yes,I remember now.That’s where I bought it. | 是了 想起来了 我是在那儿买的 |
[08:47] | hey,look who’s here! | 嘿 瞧瞧谁大驾光临了! |
[08:55] | My goodness. | 天哪 |
[08:56] | Another course? | 还有菜? |
[08:57] | Well,my grandma bombelli always said, | 我的祖母Bombelli常说 |
[08:59] | “if the men can still button their pants,dinner ain’t over yet.” | “如果男人没解皮带 晚餐就不算完” |
[09:08] | Is her braciole amazing or what? | 她做的酒烩肉卷还不错吧? |
[09:10] | I have to admit,I’ve never had this before. | 不得不承认 我以前从没吃过 |
[09:12] | And it is quite tasty. | 非常美味 |
[09:13] | Aw,thanks,hon. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[09:15] | Hang on a sec. | 稍等 |
[09:18] | You don’t want to stain that gorgeous blouse. | 可不能把这么漂亮的衬衫搞脏了 |
[09:23] | I’m actually a very neat eater. | 其实我吃东西时还挺注意的 |
[09:24] | Oh,hey,when nick here starts twirlin’ his pasta,nobody’s safe. | Nick搅拌意大利面时 没人能幸免 |
[09:29] | I did get some friendly fire from a meatball earlier. | 之前确实有朋友把肉丸汁弄到我身上 |
[09:33] | yeah,I’m glad we’re finally doing this. | 真高兴可以一起共享晚餐 |
[09:36] | You two are hard to pin down. | 你们俩真难请啊 |
[09:38] | Well,we’ve been incredibly busy. | 我们一直很忙 |
[09:40] | Oh,I’ll bet,especially since katherine wigged out and you had to give her the boot. | 这我相信 尤其是Katherine发狂后 你不得不炒了她 |
[09:43] | you know,if you need someone to replace her,you could a lot worse than angie. | 如果你想找人替她 可以找Angie |
[09:47] | Oh? | 是吗? |
[09:48] | Yeah,her grandma bombelli had the best restaurant in little italy, | 她祖母Bombelli的餐馆在小意大利可是出了名的 (美国大城市的意大利移民区) |
[09:51] | taught angie everytng she knew. | 把她所有的本事都传授给了Angie |
[09:54] | I mean… if you’re lookin’ for help. | 如果你想请人的话 |
[09:57] | – Well,if your food is all this good… – we’re… not hiring. | – 如果你的东西都这么好吃… – 我们…不打算请人 |
[10:03] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[10:04] | Okay. | 没关系 |
[10:06] | It’s just a thought. | 建议而已 |
[10:08] | You sure,bree? | 你确定 Bree? |
[10:10] | She said no. | 她说了不请人 |
[10:12] | No,I’m just sayin’… you don’t know what you’re missin’. | 我只是想说 你永远不知道会错过什么 |
[10:15] | Nick,she’s had four courses. | Nick 她已经吃了四道菜 |
[10:16] | She knows what she’s missing.Now zip it. | 她知道她错过了什么 你就闭嘴吧 |
[10:18] | Don’t bite my head off.I’m just tryin’ to help. | 别这么凶嘛 我只是想帮你忙 |
[10:21] | What,by embarrassing our guests? | 怎么帮 让我们的客人尴尬? |
[10:26] | Just ignore him,okay? | 别管他 好吗? |
[10:29] | It was your idea to cook for her. | 是你想着要请她吃饭的 |
[10:33] | thank you! | 谢谢! |
[10:34] | Now they’re gonna think that I don’t cook for people unless I have an angle. | 现在人家会觉得我们请吃饭是另有企图 |
[10:40] | I am so sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[10:46] | Now look at them. | 看看他们 |
[10:47] | They’re wishin’ they hadn’t come. | 他们现在只希望没有来 |
[10:48] | – No!We’re having a lovely time. – No!We’re thrilled to be here! | – 哪里 我们很愉悦 – 倍感荣幸 |
[10:50] | Perfect!Now you’re makin’ our guests lie. | 满意了 现在你让我们的客人撒谎 |
[10:54] | I’m gonna go stir the sauce. | 我去搅调味汁 |
[10:59] | I’ll get more wine. | 我再拿点酒来 |
[11:01] | we’re gonna need it. | 会需要的 |
[11:03] | Uh,just curious,how many more courses? | 只是好奇而已 还有几道菜? |
[11:08] | three. | 三道 |
[11:11] | Orson,I never thought I’d say this to you again, | Orson 没想到我还会对你说这话 |
[11:14] | but please… unbutton your pants. | 请..请解开皮带 |
[11:22] | okay.If you have half a cabbage,and someone gives you a quarter cabbage, | 你有半棵白菜 别人给你四分之一棵 |
[11:26] | how much cabbage do you have? | 你有几棵? |
[11:28] | None,because I hate cabbages and I wouldn’t take ’em. | 零棵 我讨厌白菜 才不会要呢 |
[11:31] | Fine.They’re balloons. | 好吧 换成气球 |
[11:33] | There’s no such thing as half a balloon. | 哪有半个气球的呀 |
[11:36] | Well,there is a such thing as half an allowance, | 零用钱是有一半的 |
[11:38] | which is what you’re gonna get if you don’t start to focus. | 再不认真 那就是你的下场 |
[11:41] | Why can’t I just use a calculator? | 干吗不能直接用计算器? |
[11:43] | ‘Cause y have to know this stuff. | 因为你得学会计算 |
[11:45] | If not,you’re gonna end up scrubbing other people’s toilets! | 不然就会落得帮别人扫厕所! |
[11:50] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[11:53] | Look,if you finish this page,we’ll go get some ice cream. | 做完这页 给你买冰淇淋 |
[11:55] | How’s that sound? | 好不好? |
[11:56] | I don’t want to have ice cream with you. | 我才不要和你一起吃冰淇淋 |
[12:06] | I’m gonna get some air. | 我去透透气 |
[12:08] | will you make sure she doesn’t move from the table? | 帮我看着她好吗? |
[12:15] | What do you call this again? | 这叫啥来着? |
[12:16] | Uh,foie gras mousse. | 鹅肝慕斯 |
[12:19] | Tastes so elegant. | 高雅又好吃 |
[12:21] | Don’t you think it’s elegant? | 你觉得这高雅么? |
[12:23] | It’s okay. | 还好了 |
[12:25] | Weld you like to sample something else,mr.Vitale? | 要不再尝点别的 Vitale先生? |
[12:28] | Some salmon en croute or perhaps some coq au vin? | 三文鱼馅饼或红酒烩鸡? |
[12:31] | Got anything I can pronounce? | 有我说的来的菜名不? |
[12:34] | you don’t need to pronounce it. | 你不用报菜名 |
[12:35] | You just gotta wipe it off your shirt. | 吃时别掉在衣服上就行 |
[12:37] | You wanna end up on a plate next to the salmon,keep it up. | 你如果不想惹恼我 就别这么胡闹 |
[12:41] | I-I’m sorry we wasted your time. | 抱歉浪费你的时间 |
[12:43] | My husband doesn’t understand elegant food. | 我丈夫不懂高雅食物 |
[12:44] | He’s an ignoramus. | 他是个粗人 |
[12:45] | Hey,this ignoramus is throwing you an anniversary party for 500 people. | 这粗人可要给你办500宾客的周年派对 |
[12:50] | 500,you say? | 500个人?! |
[12:53] | Let’s,um,sit down and figure something out | 请坐 我们再商量 |
[12:56] | because I would really love to cater this party. | 我很有诚意承办这派对 |
[12:59] | Look,you seem like a nice lady. | 你看上去很不错 |
[13:00] | It’s just that our guests are comin’ in from the bronx. | 但我们客人都是来自于布朗克斯 (纽约最贫穷的一个区) |
[13:03] | They don’t know from fancy food. | 他们不懂得高雅的食物 |
[13:05] | It’s more of a sausage and peppers crowd. | 更喜欢辣炒香肠之类 |
[13:07] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[13:10] | I could make you braciole. | 我会做酒烩肉卷 |
[13:13] | You can do braciole? | 酒烩肉卷? |
[13:14] | Yes,and,uh… gnocchi and tortelloni and,uh,lasagna verde. | 是啊 还有汤团 意大利馄饨和千层面 |
[13:20] | But none of that stuff’s on your menu. | 可你菜单上没有啊 |
[13:23] | That’s because they’re family recipes from… my grandmother bombelli. | 因为这些是我祖母Bombelli传下来的秘方 |
[13:27] | You’re italian? | 你是意大利人? |
[13:28] | You don’t look it. | 你是意大利人? |
[13:30] | papa was irish. | 祖父是爱尔兰人 |
[13:32] | I may get my hair from the o’rourke side, | 估计我的头发是遗传于他 |
[13:33] | but my stomach…she’s all bombelli. | 可我的胃口完全遗传了Bombelli |
[13:37] | If you give me this job, | 若我承办 |
[13:38] | I will feed your family my stracotto till the men can’t button their pants. | 我会用意大利炖肉撑爆男客的裤子 |
[13:43] | Now that’s what we’re lookin’ for. | 正合心意 |
[13:45] | You’re hired. | 你被雇用了 |
[13:49] | I feel better. | 好多了 |
[13:53] | all right,let’s get back to it. | 来 我们继续 |
[13:58] | hold it.You got all these problems right? | 居然全对? |
[14:03] | you cheated,didn’t you? | 你作弊了,是不是? |
[14:04] | Confess! | 从实招来! |
[14:05] | No,ivana helped me. | 不是 Ivana教我的 |
[14:07] | Who’s ivana? | 谁是Ivana? |
[14:08] | that’s me. | 是我 |
[14:10] | We met when you handed me this bucket and rag. | 之前你给我桶和抹布时 我们见过 |
[14:13] | Yeah.Right.Sorry. | 是哦 不好意思 |
[14:16] | Uh,you helped her? | 你教的? |
[14:19] | I told her to look at fractions like a big chocolate cake. | 我教她把分数当作大巧克力蛋糕 |
[14:22] | The bottom number is the whole thing,and the top number represents how many slices. | 下面的数字是整个蛋糕 上面的是份数 |
[14:26] | Well,I should’ve known cake would make everything come into focus. | 我早该想到蛋糕会更清晰明了 |
[14:30] | Math is my specialty. | 数学是我的专长 |
[14:31] | I have a phd in engineering from the university of bucharest. | 我有布加勒斯特大学工程学博士学位 |
[14:35] | But it means nothing in the american job market. | 可在美国人才市场一文不值 |
[14:37] | So… | 所以… |
[14:40] | A doctor.Impressive. | 博士 强啊 |
[14:43] | Oh,the upstairs bathroom has a bunch of hair stuck in the drain. | 楼上浴室的下水道被头发堵了 |
[14:46] | Can you take care of that? | 能清理下不? |
[14:48] | Sure. | 当然 |
[14:50] | mom,this next page doesn’t make sense. | 妈 下一页的我不懂 |
[14:53] | I need help. | 我需要帮助 |
[14:58] | Uh… doctor? | 呃..博士? |
[15:00] | I’m thinking that drain can wait. | 下水道清理可以缓缓 |
[15:09] | – Nick… – hey,lynette! – Nick | – 嘿 Lynette! |
[15:11] | Perfect timing. | 来得正是时候 |
[15:13] | I was just thinking about busting open a bottle of wine. | 正想开瓶酒来品品 |
[15:16] | well,actually,I’m here to talk to nick. | 实际上 我找Nick有事 |
[15:18] | I was admiring your roses,and I was hoping you could give me a few pointers. | 我好喜欢你家玫瑰 想讨教下秘诀 |
[15:22] | Honey,you hear that? | 亲爱的 听到没? |
[15:23] | People are asking us for gardening tips. | 人家向我们讨教园艺秘诀 |
[15:26] | We are officially suburban. | 我们正式成为郊区居民了 |
[15:29] | oh,so… wine? | 想喝酒不? |
[15:31] | Uh… you go ahead. | 你去喝吧 |
[15:32] | All right. | 那好 |
[15:34] | Thanks,though. | 感谢邀请 |
[15:35] | So here’s the key… you,uh,you cut going away from the bud a 45 degree angle– | 秘诀就是…沿蓓蕾45度角修剪 |
[15:41] | I know about you and julie. | 我知道你和Julie的事 |
[15:45] | For god sakes,you’re twice her age. | 老天 你年龄是她的一倍 |
[15:48] | Okay,lynette,this is none of your business. | Lynette 别多管闲事 |
[15:50] | No offense. | 无意冒犯 |
[15:52] | None taken.****Be offended?Her father. | 我是没啥 但你知道会冒犯谁吗? 她老爸 |
[15:56] | If karl finds out,he’s gonna come over here and cut your buds off at a 45 degree angle. | Karl知道了,他会沿45度角修剪你的 |
[16:01] | Yeah,thanks for the warning. | 谢谢警告 |
[16:02] | I mean it.If you don’t stop bothering julie,you will be sorry. | 我是认真的 如果再纠缠Julie 你会后悔 |
[16:05] | Happy gardening. | 好好种你的花吧 |
[16:07] | Wait,hang on a second.Hang on.Hang… | 等等 |
[16:10] | wait,julie said I was bothering her? | Julie说我纠缠她? |
[16:12] | Did she also tell you that she started this whole thing? | 没说是她先主动吗? |
[16:14] | She came after me. | 她对我示爱 |
[16:16] | All right,there are two sides to every story. | 事情要听两方说法 |
[16:18] | Yeah,well,your side is married. | 没错 但你已经结婚了 |
[16:22] | Look,I tried to resist. | 我想过要抵制诱惑 |
[16:24] | she just wore me down,talking about how she’d never met anybody like me, | 但她说服了我 说什么从没遇过我这样的人 |
[16:28] | she never felt this way before. | 从未如此爱过之类的 |
[16:30] | She’s been jerking me around since the day we met. | 从相识那天 她就一直忽悠我 |
[16:32] | I don’t care! | 我不管! |
[16:33] | Just leave her alone. | 离她远点 |
[16:34] | Yeah,all right.All right,fine.Hey,hey. | 好 等等 |
[16:38] | if I find out you told anyone about us,you’re the one who’s gonna be sorry. | 如果告诉别人 后悔的会是你 |
[16:45] | So like I said,you wanna water the roses,you know,a few times a week. | 像我说的 一周给玫瑰浇几次水 |
[16:48] | Don’t get anything on the foliage. | 叶子别弄到脏东西 |
[16:50] | That’s how they get diseased.All right? | 那样会染病的 知道了吗? |
[16:52] | Hey,thanks,baby. | 谢谢 宝贝 |
[17:07] | You okay? | 你没事吧? |
[17:11] | I think I might know who strangled julie. | 我知道是谁袭击Julie的了 |
[17:24] | hey,good timing.I’m putting dinner on the table. | 我知道是谁袭击Julie的了 |
[17:27] | I thought the housekeeper was supposed to start today. | 管家是今天开始上班吧 |
[17:29] | She did,and she’s fantastic! | 是的 她很棒! |
[17:35] | And her family escaped from romania with practically nothing. | 她们家一无所有地从罗马尼亚逃来 |
[17:38] | Well,what were they fleeing from,cleanliness? | 逃啥呢 逃避整齐的环境? |
[17:42] | Well,I-I didn’t wanna just throw work at her the first day. | 人家第一天工作 不想让她太累 |
[17:45] | We needed time to bond. | 我们需要时间来联系一下感情 |
[17:46] | Okay,so when does she start bonding with the dishwasher? | 好的,那么她什么时候跟洗碗机联系感情? |
[17:50] | Daddy,look what I did!Fractions! | 老爸 我厉害不 分数耶! |
[17:53] | All right! | 真厉害! |
[17:54] | So mommy taught you how to do fractions. | 妈妈教你分数了 |
[17:57] | mommy didn’T. | 不是妈妈 |
[17:58] | – Ivana… – ivana take all the credit myself! – Ivana… | – Ivana! 这可都是我的功劳 |
[18:02] | can you believe her? | 女儿厉害吧? |
[18:03] | After all the work I’ve done… let’s go teach you some manners. | 在我教后都掌握了 现在去教教你啥叫礼仪 |
[18:11] | So the best I can figure,the attack happened around 11:30 that night. | 在我教后都掌握了 现在去教教你啥叫礼仪 |
[18:15] | Now people saw katherine leaving the wedding in the afternoon, | 有人看到Katherine下午离开婚礼会场 |
[18:20] | and no one saw her again until the next morning. | 直到次日上午没再出现过 |
[18:23] | So… you have to wonder. | 所以 不禁会怀疑 |
[18:28] | Um,I’m sorry,but aren’t you gonna write some of this down? | 抱歉 你是不是该做下笔录? |
[18:32] | You totally don’t remember me,do you? | 你完全不记得我了 是不? |
[18:34] | Oh,my gosh! | 噢 天呐! |
[18:37] | No.Sorry. | 不记得了 抱歉 |
[18:39] | Uh,can I get a little help? | 给点提示? |
[18:40] | Denise. | |
[18:42] | Denise lapera. | |
[18:45] | of courese… | 对了… |
[18:49] | a little more help,please? | 再给点提示? |
[18:51] | Fairview high.I used to sit behind you in mr.Parsons’ english class. | 美景高中时 Parsons先生的语文课 坐你后面 |
[18:56] | Oh,my god! | 噢 我的天! |
[18:57] | I am such an idiot! | 我这记性! |
[18:59] | Denise lapeera! | |
[19:02] | – Lapera. – Lapera. | |
[19:07] | Mr.Parsons. | |
[19:10] | “pit-stain” parsons.Oh,gosh. | “麻子脸”Parsons 天呐 |
[19:12] | I wonder what ever happened to him. | 不知道他怎么样了 |
[19:14] | Yeah,I actually arrested him a few years back. | 几年前 我逮捕了他 |
[19:17] | Twice.Drunk driving. | 两次 酒后驾车 |
[19:19] | He got a little aggressive. | 他还不伏法 |
[19:20] | I had to use my taser. | 要用泰瑟枪才能制服 |
[19:23] | Part of my was like,”zip! | 当时我就”��”一下 |
[19:25] | And that’s for ‘beowulf’!” | 跟”战狼”里一样! |
[19:29] | that’s good times. | 真是美好的时光啊 |
[19:31] | Oh,good times. | 美好的时光 |
[19:33] | And the good times just keep rolling for you,huh,susan? | Susan 你的生活一直很美好吧? |
[19:36] | I mean,look,you got a handsome husband and two beautiful children and a lovely home. | 丈夫帅气 孩子可爱 小屋温馨 |
[19:44] | Well,how about you,detective lapeera? | 你呢 Lapeera警探? |
[19:48] | – Lapera. – Lapera. | |
[19:49] | Uh,I,you know,you have done very well for yourself. | 你也很不错啊 |
[19:54] | Professionally,maybe. | 事业上 也许不错 |
[19:56] | But I’m living in my mother’s basement. | 但我还住在我妈的地下室 |
[20:02] | I’m sorry. | 真是抱歉 |
[20:04] | Uh,divorced? | 离婚了? |
[20:05] | Never married. | 从未结婚 |
[20:07] | Dating anyone? | 有男友不? |
[20:08] | No,but I did bowl a 179 the other night. | 没有 不过那天上了个179的高个 |
[20:14] | And you’re a detective. | 而且你还是个警探 |
[20:19] | so back to katherine. | 回到Katherine |
[20:21] | Uh,is there,you know,anything else that you would need to know? | 有没有其它想了解的? |
[20:25] | No,I’m good. | 没了 |
[20:26] | I’ll just head over there now and nose around and see if she has an alibi. | 我去拜访下 查探她有没有不在场证明 |
[20:32] | Oh,actually,uh,denise,one more thing. | 对了 Denise 还有件事 |
[20:34] | Um,this is a very tight-knit community, | 这是个小社区 |
[20:38] | and I’m afraid if katherine finds out | 我担心 要是Katherine知道 |
[20:39] | that I’m the one that accused her of this,things could get ugly. | 是我指控她的 会比较难堪 |
[20:43] | Aw,we wouldn’t want that,would we? | 那样就不好了 是吧? |
[20:46] | Exactly,so maybe you could just say it was an anonymous tip or something. | 正是 你就说是匿名举报之类 |
[20:51] | Sure. | 好的 |
[20:52] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:54] | – Oh,say hi to your mom. – Yeah,we don’t speak. | – 代我问候你母亲 – 我不跟她说话 |
[20:59] | oh,look. | 瞧瞧 |
[21:01] | What a nice gift. | 多好的礼物 |
[21:02] | It’s the least I could do to thank you for that marvelous dinner. | 这是报答你丰盛的晚餐应该做的 |
[21:05] | Oh,please,we should be thanking you for not walking out | 我们才该感谢呢 |
[21:07] | when me and nick started screaming at each other. | 我跟Nick大吵大闹 你们都没走人 |
[21:09] | Oh,it was just one course. | 那只是个小插曲罢了 |
[21:11] | The rest of the meal was extremely quiet. | 其余时候还是很祥和的 |
[21:13] | God,you are so tactful. | 你真是会说话 |
[21:16] | You think you can teach me some of that? | 能教教我吗? |
[21:18] | And take away that earthy charm? | 除去你的乡土气息? |
[21:20] | I wouldn’t think of it. | 我想还是算了 |
[21:24] | listen,angie,I have this friend coming to town next week, | Angie 我有个朋友下周过来 |
[21:26] | and I would love to serve her that dinner you made for us, | 我很想为她准备你那套晚餐 |
[21:29] | if you don’t mind sharing your recipes. | 如果你不介意分享秘方的话 |
[21:32] | Oh,gee,I would love to help, | 我当然乐意帮忙 |
[21:34] | but grandma bombelli was real strict about not sharing the family recipes. | 但Bombelli祖母不让泄露家族秘方 |
[21:40] | Please? | 求你了 |
[21:42] | This friend just loves good italian food. | 这位朋友超爱意大利菜 |
[21:45] | Take her to piccolino. | 带她去Piccolino餐厅 |
[21:46] | Their food is good. | 那家很美味 |
[21:49] | Um… this friend– she doesn’t really go to restaurants anymore,not since the fire. | 这位朋友 自从那次火灾后 就不再去餐厅了 |
[21:56] | People stare,so… | 大家都盯着她看 |
[21:58] | oh,my god.That’s awful. | 天啊 太悲剧了 |
[22:00] | You know what? | 知道吗? |
[22:01] | Grandma would want this woman to eat well. | 祖母肯定希望这位女士饱餐一顿 |
[22:03] | Hold on. | 稍等 |
[22:07] | Okay,we got the gnocchi,lasagna verde,the tortelloni, | 汤团 千层面 意大利馄饨 |
[22:10] | the braciole,the stracotto,arancini and the polenta cake. | 酒烩肉卷 炖肉 杂烩丸子和玉米饼 |
[22:17] | But… I’m making a big exception here,so promise you won’t go passing these around. | 这已经是破例了 答应我别把秘方传开 |
[22:23] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[22:24] | I will treat these recipes as if they were my own. | 我会把它们当做自己的宝贝 |
[22:29] | she has been over there a long time,hasn’t she? | 她去了好久了呀 是吧? |
[22:33] | Man,are there enough photos of you in this yearbook? | 年鉴里你的照片真多啊 |
[22:39] | Do you still have this cheerleading outfit? | 这拉拉队服你还有吗? |
[22:40] | Mike! | |
[22:42] | I just thought if you put it on,it might jog your memory. | 我只是想 如果穿上它 可能会唤起回忆 |
[22:47] | All right. | 好吧 |
[22:49] | Looking at denise’s photo might do the trick. | 看看Denise的照片可能有用 |
[22:52] | Hey,here she is. | 她在这儿 |
[22:54] | Yikes. | 哎呀 |
[22:55] | Hair in the ’80s– what were you girls thinking? | 80年代发型 你们女生怎么想的? |
[22:57] | Oh,my god.Moose. | 天啊 麋鹿 |
[22:59] | Too much mousse,if you ask me. | 要我说 摩丝擦得太多了 (英语中 “麋鹿”与”摩丝”音近) |
[23:01] | No,the animal. | 我说的是动物麋鹿 |
[23:02] | That was her nickname. | 那是她的外号 |
[23:05] | Oh,god. | 天啊 |
[23:07] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[23:09] | This is moose lapera. | 这是麋鹿Lapera |
[23:12] | She was the only girl edat hat me in high school. | 她是高中唯一讨厌我的女生 |
[23:15] | Why? | 为什么? |
[23:16] | I may have mentioned to beth porter that… she had a laugh like a moose. | 我跟Beth Porter说过 她笑起来像麋鹿 |
[23:21] | You gave her the nickname? | 这外号是你取的? |
[23:23] | No,I just made that comparison. | 不 我只是打了个比方 |
[23:25] | Beth is the one that got the entire school to go… | 是Beth让整个学校的人都… |
[23:30] | whenever she walked by. | 都冲她这样 |
[23:32] | And she hates you because of that? | 她就因此讨厌你? |
[23:34] | Well,and also… I kinda stole her boyfriend. | 还有… 算是我抢了她的男友吧 |
[23:39] | “Kind of”? | “算是”? |
[23:42] | She spent all senior year in love with mark malone, | 她整个高三都热恋Mark Malone |
[23:45] | and they went on,like,one date,and mark noticed me and dumped moose to ask me out. | 他们只约会过一次 Mark就看上了我 甩了麋鹿跟我好了 |
[23:51] | So the guy came after you. | 那是他追你的 |
[23:53] | Wasn’t your fault. | 不是你的错 |
[23:54] | Clearly you were never a high school girl. | 你明显没做过高中女生 |
[23:55] | Moose was convinced that I stole mark from her, | 麋鹿坚信我抢了Mark |
[23:58] | just like katherine is convinced that I–oh,my god! | 就像Katherine坚信我… 天啊 |
[24:02] | I sent her over there. | 我让她过去了 |
[24:04] | It’s like a meeting of the “I hate susan” club! | 就像”我恨Susan”俱乐部的聚会一样 |
[24:08] | What am I gonna do? | 我该怎么办? |
[24:09] | This was a long time ago. | 已经是陈年旧事了 |
[24:12] | Nobody holds a grudge that long. | 没人会这么记仇的 |
[24:17] | hey,maybe you’re right. | 或许你说得对 |
[24:19] | Look at this. | 瞧瞧 |
[24:21] | I think she might be arresting katherine right now. | 她貌似在逮捕Katherine |
[24:26] | that is a perp walk. | 她在押送犯人 |
[24:28] | She is taking katherine on a perp walk. | 她在押送Katherine |
[24:36] | looks more like a perp hug. | 貌似是热情拥抱 |
[24:39] | What is going on? | 怎么回事? |
[24:40] | What– what is she doing? | 她在干嘛? |
[24:43] | I think she’s showing us how long someone can hold a grudge. | 我想 她在提醒我们她有多么记仇 |
[24:52] | Juanita,I was thinking,after you and ivana finish your schoolwork, | Juanita 我在想 你跟Ivana做完作业 |
[24:58] | would you like to go see a movie with me– just the two of us? | 想跟我去看电影吗 就我们俩? |
[25:02] | Cool!Can we have junior mints for dinner? | 好呀 晚饭能吃巧克力薄荷糖吗? |
[25:04] | Wouldn’t be a movie if you weren’t throwing up candy on the ride home. | 好呀 晚饭能吃巧克力薄荷糖吗? |
[25:14] | hi.Can I help you? | 你好 有什么事吗? |
[25:16] | Hola.I’m christina. | 您好 我是Christina |
[25:19] | From happy housekeeper? | “快乐管家”公司派来的 |
[25:23] | Oh,there must be some mistake. | 肯定弄错了 |
[25:25] | Uh,our maid is ivana. | 我们的管家是Ivana |
[25:27] | I request ivana. | 我点名要的Ivana |
[25:28] | where’s ivana? | Ivana呢? |
[25:30] | My english not so good. | 我英语不太好 |
[25:32] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[25:33] | It’s our new cleaning lady. | 这是咱家新清洁工 |
[25:34] | Gracias por venir. | 感谢前来 |
[25:37] | Would you excuse us one moment? | 失陪一下 |
[25:39] | Un momento. | 稍等 |
[25:42] | What do you mean,new cleaning lady?Where’s ivana? | 你什么意思 新清洁工? Ivana呢? |
[25:45] | I called the agency and had them send over someone else. | 我联系了家政公司 让他们换人 |
[25:48] | Well… why? | 为什么? |
[25:50] | Because ivana sucked,and not in that good vacuum sort of way. | Ivana太差劲了 还不如吸尘器呢 |
[25:54] | Hey,cut her some slack. | 宽容点吧 |
[25:55] | She’s romanian. | 她是罗马尼亚人 |
[25:56] | Okay,when your people are being chased into argentina by angry cossacks, | 要是你的民族被发飙的哥萨克人 撵到阿根廷 |
[25:59] | maybe a sparkling toilet isn’t that important. | 还会在乎闪亮的马桶吗? |
[26:02] | Argentina? | 阿根廷? |
[26:04] | How about you stick to fractions,and I’ll teach juanita geography? | 你还是教Juanita分数吧 我来教地理 |
[26:07] | goodbye. | 拜拜 |
[26:09] | gracias. | 再见 |
[26:14] | So how do you feel about teaching math to 7-year-olds? | 你能教7岁小孩数学吗? |
[26:18] | My english… not so good. | 我英语…不太好 |
[26:20] | Yeah,I know. | 了解 |
[26:27] | knock,knock! | 咚咚咚 |
[26:30] | angie,what are you doing here? | Angie 你怎么来了? |
[26:32] | Oh,your shortbread was so good,I made you a batch of my pignoli cookies. | 你的脆饼太棒了 我给你做了松子饼干 |
[26:35] | How incredibly thoughtful of you. | 你真是太体贴了 |
[26:38] | hey,I smell marinara. | 我闻到杂味沙司了 |
[26:40] | You cooking my food for your friend? | 你在给你朋友备餐? |
[26:41] | Yes,and I am way behind,so– | 是的 快来不及了 |
[26:42] | oh!Well,let me help you,then! | 那我帮你吧 |
[26:47] | You sure got a lot of sauce here. | 好多调料呀 |
[26:50] | Lot of potatoes,too. | 还有好多土豆 |
[27:00] | This is all for three people? | 这是三个人吃的? |
[27:02] | Well,with food like yours,who wouldn’t want leftovers? | 你这桌美餐 谁都想再打包回家啊 |
[27:10] | “Vitale anniversary party– arancino,gnocchi,braciole.” | “Vitale周年庆 杂烩丸子 汤团 酒烩肉卷” |
[27:15] | You were stealing my recipes for a catering job. | 你把我的秘方偷去承办酒席 |
[27:17] | I wanted to serve foie gras.The client demanded pasta. | 我本想做鹅肝的 但客户点名要意面 |
[27:21] | So you come running to me with some sob story about a burn victim | 所以你就捏造个 烧伤女人想吃沙司面卷的故事搏人同情? |
[27:24] | who can only be healed by manicott’? | 我承认这是有点不合适 |
[27:25] | I admit that was a bit tacky. | 我还点蜡烛为她祈祷呢 |
[27:27] | I lit a candle for that woman! | 好好想想 这其实是莫大的赞许 |
[27:29] | If you think about it,it was a huge compliment. | 是啊 赞许 |
[27:33] | and the compliment is that my food is good enough for your business,but I’m not. | 我的食物好到能满足客户 我却不够好 |
[27:38] | I would never say you weren’t good enough. | 我绝没有说你不好 |
[27:40] | Of course you wouldn’T. | 你当然没有 |
[27:41] | You’re tactful. | 你多会说话啊 |
[27:43] | But you know what? | 知道吗 |
[27:44] | I’m not,which is why I can say that you’re a two-faced,condescending bitch | 我不会说话 所以我要说 你这个两面三刀的贱货 |
[27:47] | who will never make a nickel off my dead grandma’s braciole! | 绝不会靠我去世祖母的肉卷赚到一分钱 |
[27:53] | But enjoy the cookies! | 好好享用饼干吧 |
[27:57] | that’s insane. | 太扯淡了 |
[27:58] | – I know this is hard for you… – it’s impossible. | – 我知道你很难接受 – 不可能 |
[28:01] | – It couldn’t have been nick. – How can you be so sure? | – 绝不会是Nick – 你怎么能确定? |
[28:03] | It was dark. | 当时很黑 |
[28:04] | You told the police you couldn’t see who attacked you. | 你告诉警察 你看不清袭击者 |
[28:06] | This doesn’t make any sense. | 这没道理 |
[28:07] | – He loves me. – Exactly! | – 他爱我 – 正因如此 |
[28:09] | and you broke up with him. | 是你甩的他 |
[28:10] | Honey,this is something we have to consider. | 亲爱的 我们要考虑到这一点 |
[28:12] | Well,I can’t consider it,okay? | 我可没法考虑 好吗? |
[28:15] | I just can’T. | 就是没办法 |
[28:20] | Julie… we watched you grow up. | Julie 我们是看着你长大的 |
[28:24] | You’re like a daughter to us. | 你就像我们的女儿 |
[28:26] | We can’t stand by and do nothing. | 我们不能袖手旁观啊 |
[28:31] | so you’re gonna talk to the police no matter what I say. | 所以不管我怎么说 你们都要告诉警察? |
[28:35] | I think we have to. | 我们必须这样 |
[28:43] | it just couldn’t be him. | 不可能是他啊 |
[28:51] | yoU. | 是你 |
[28:52] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干嘛? |
[28:53] | The agency gave me this address. | 家政公司给了我你的地址 |
[28:55] | Please,ivana,I need you to come back. | 求你了 Ivana 我需要你回来 |
[28:57] | Your husband told the agency that I am a lousy housekeeper. | 你的丈夫说我是一个差劲的管家 |
[29:00] | You never told him what I was really doing. | 你没告诉他我真正做了事的 |
[29:03] | The agency almost fired me. | 公司差点炒掉我 |
[29:05] | – You have to leave. – Oh,no,no,no! | – 你得走了 – 别别! |
[29:06] | Wait!Wait!I need you! | 等下! 我需要你! |
[29:09] | Juanita needs you. | Juanita也需要你 |
[29:12] | See?She needs you. | 看到没? 她需要你 |
[29:13] | She has a test tomorrow,and when I teach her,one of us ends up in tears. | 她明天就要考试了 我教她的时候 到最后不是我哭就是她哭 |
[29:16] | Don’t make me teach my baby. | 不要再让我教她了 |
[29:18] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[29:19] | I have floors to scrub. | 我还要擦地板 |
[29:20] | Forget scrubbing. | 别提什么擦地了 |
[29:21] | Ivana,you have a gift. | Ivana 你很有天赋 |
[29:22] | Share it with the world,starting with my daughter. | 向世人展示吧 先从我女儿开始 |
[29:26] | What about the floor? | 那这地板怎么办? |
[29:38] | You missed a spot. | 有个污点没擦干净 |
[29:53] | Got a min? | 有空谈下吗? |
[29:55] | this really isn’t a good time. | 现在还真不是时候 |
[29:59] | Gnocchi. | 汤团耶 |
[30:05] | Tasty. | 很好吃哦 |
[30:06] | Don’t patronize me. | 别拍马屁 |
[30:08] | Angie’s are light as air. | Angie做的轻如空气 |
[30:09] | Mine are like little shot puts. | 而我的就像小铅球一样 |
[30:12] | Well,perhaps this will cheer you up. | 可能这能让你开心一些 |
[30:16] | I went to that jewelry store on maple and look what I found. | 我去了枫叶街的珠宝店 瞧我找到了什么 |
[30:21] | You like it? | 喜欢吗? |
[30:22] | I told you,I don’t have time for this. | 我说了 我没时间关心这种事 |
[30:25] | You know,it’s odd.I asked them about the first brooch,but they said– | 奇怪哦 我问了他们第一个胸针的事 但他们说… |
[30:27] | oh,for god sakes,orson,would you just stop it?! | 看在上帝的份上 Orson 你能别这样吗? |
[30:30] | I have told you again and again I want a divorce. | 我跟你说过无数次 我想离婚 |
[30:32] | Do you think you can change my mind with trinkets? | 你以为凭个饰品就能让我回心转意? |
[30:35] | I don’t want jewelry. | 我不要珠宝 |
[30:36] | I don’t want romantic gestures. | 不要浪漫的表示 |
[30:38] | I want out! | 我想要离婚! |
[30:40] | Now would you please leave me alone? | 你能让我一个人待着吗? |
[30:41] | Or for god sakes,I swear I’ll throw something at you! | 不然 我发誓会朝你丢东西的! |
[30:44] | Just not one of the gnocchi. | 只要不是汤团就好 |
[30:45] | Those things could put a man’s eye out. | 那东西能把人的眼珠砸出来 |
[30:52] | sorry I’m late! | 不好意思 回来晚了! |
[30:54] | I had to take down some geezer in the ten items or less line. | 被快速购物通道的几个老家伙给耽搁了 |
[30:59] | Ivana,you should probably split before carlos gets ho–oh,my! | Ivana 你得在Carlos回来之前先闪 天啊! |
[31:05] | Yeah,I got off work early,so I let our cleaning woman go home. | 我提前下班了 让清洁工先回家了 |
[31:13] | juanita,good job.Let’s knock off early today. | Juanita 表现不错 今天就先到这里吧 |
[31:16] | Okay,daddy. | 好的 老爸 |
[31:25] | Do you hear that? | 听到没? |
[31:26] | I think celia fell down. | 好像是Celia摔倒了 |
[31:28] | Gaby. | |
[31:31] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[31:33] | I asked you for help. | 我让你帮忙的 |
[31:34] | I asked for a tutor,and you said no. | 我想请个家教来着 可你不肯 |
[31:36] | Because you’re her mother. | 你是她妈妈啊 |
[31:37] | You should be able to set aside a few hours each day to teach your own daughter. | 一天里总能空出几小时来教女儿吧 |
[31:41] | And i will teach her. | 我会教她啊 |
[31:42] | There’s so many things I’m gonna teach her– how to dress,how to put on makeup. | 我会教她好多事情 如何穿衣 如何化妆 |
[31:47] | I’ll even show her how to get a boy to notice her. | 我还会教她怎样引起男生注意 |
[31:49] | That’s stuff I know. | 我就会这种东西啊 |
[31:51] | And we’re gonna have so much fun. | 教这种东西我们会有很多乐趣 |
[31:53] | But fractions and grammar and history– it’s just not my thing,and she knows it. | 但分数 语法和历史 我一点也不懂 而且她也清楚得很 |
[32:01] | And then she gets frustrated because I’m frustrated. | 我泄气 她也跟着泄气 |
[32:05] | And it’s ruining our relationship. | 母女关系也跟着紧张 |
[32:08] | Come on,gaby.Let’s not exaggerate. | 拜托 Gaby 不要说得这么夸张 |
[32:12] | carlos,she turned me down when I asked to take her for ice cream. | Carlos 有次我说带她去吃冰激凌 她拒绝了 |
[32:19] | Holy… | 天哪 |
[32:21] | I know.I know. | 我知道 |
[32:23] | Some moms are made to homeschool,and I’m just not one of them. | 某些妈妈确实很适合家教 但我不是 |
[32:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[32:31] | I get it. | 我知道了 |
[32:34] | We will figure something else out. | 咱们再想别的办法 |
[32:36] | You won’t have to homeschool her anymore. | 你不用再给她当家教了 |
[32:39] | – thank you,carlos. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢 Carlos – 不用谢 |
[32:44] | can I keep the housekeeper? | 我能继续雇那个管家吗? |
[32:46] | Absolutely not. | 当然不行 |
[32:51] | I know. | 我懂的 |
[32:57] | may I come in,please? | 我能进来吗? |
[32:59] | What now? | 现在又是什么事情 |
[33:04] | I just… came to say I’m sorry. | 我只是… 过来说声抱歉 |
[33:08] | What I did was wrong,and those names you called me were harsh but regrettably accurate. | 之前是我的错 你说的那些话虽然不中听 但都说到了点子上 |
[33:17] | I don’t know if you’d even consider working for me now, | 我不知道你现在还想不想为我工作 |
[33:19] | but if you would,I would be honored to have you in my kitchen. | 如果你愿意 我会很乐意请你入伙 |
[33:23] | Well,well,well. | 哇 |
[33:25] | You must be drowning over there. | 你肯定是走投无路了吧 |
[33:27] | All right,I’m drowning. | 好吧 我走投无路 |
[33:30] | And you want me to save you. | 你想要我救你 |
[33:32] | Please. | 求你了 |
[33:35] | First,tell me this. | 首先 给我说说 |
[33:40] | Why don’t you like me? | 你为什么不喜欢我? |
[33:43] | I like you.I find you colorful and– | 我喜欢你啊 我觉得你很活泼很… |
[33:46] | oh,enough with the tact. | 别说这场面话了 |
[33:53] | Fine.I… | 那好 我… |
[33:55] | you make me uncomfortable. | 你让我很不舒服 |
[33:59] | I don’t know how to respond when someone is as candid as you are. | 我不知道如何和你这么直率的人打交道 |
[34:02] | You say whatever pops in your mind. | 你想到什么就说什么 |
[34:04] | You fight with your husband in front of guests– | 当着客人的面和老公吵架 |
[34:07] | oh,well,not everyone’s marriage is as perfect as yours,nancy reagan. | 不是每个人都像你一样婚姻美满 Nancy Reagan (80年代美国第一夫人) |
[34:11] | My marriage is not perfect. | 我的婚姻并不美满 |
[34:15] | Oh,come on. | 哦,别乱说了 |
[34:16] | Orson and I barely speak to each other anymore. | Orson和我已经几乎不讲话了 |
[34:18] | We haven’t shared a bed in three months. | 我们已经三个月没有同床了 |
[34:24] | Seriously? | 没开玩笑吧? |
[34:29] | Well,I never would’ve guessed. | 这我可没猜到 |
[34:32] | That’s the point. | 这就是症结所在 |
[34:33] | Our problems are personal. | 我们的问题都是放在心里 |
[34:34] | We don’t share them with the world. | 不会跟别人去分享 |
[34:37] | But you can’t seem to keep anything to yourself. | 但你好像根本就没任何秘密 |
[34:45] | what? | 什么? |
[34:49] | trust me,honey. | 相信我,亲爱的 |
[34:51] | If there’sne thing I know how to do,it’s keep things to myself. | 我最擅长的就是保守秘密 |
[35:02] | Well… there we are. | 终于都说开了 |
[35:05] | You think I’m vulgar. | 你觉得我很粗俗 |
[35:07] | oh,excuse me.Candid. | 不好意思 是直率 |
[35:10] | And I think you’re a tight ass. | 而我觉得你假清高 |
[35:14] | But you need help,and I need a job,so… let’s get cookin’. | 但你需要帮助 我也需要工作 所以 咱们合作吧 |
[35:20] | You mean it? | 真的? |
[35:22] | thank you,angie. | 谢谢 Angie |
[35:24] | you’re a lifesaver. | 你可是帮了大忙 |
[35:29] | So… no sex for three months. | 三个月没嘿咻了啊 |
[35:32] | What do you do,sit on the dryer? | 你怎么熬过来的 坐在烘干机上? |
[35:34] | Okay,now you’re just goading me. | 好吧 你又来刺激我了 |
[35:38] | One ham on wheat,extra mayo. | 一份火腿夹馍 蛋黄酱加量 |
[35:41] | Corned beef,lean,and of course,an entire jar of pickles. | 全瘦的腌牛肉 还有一大罐泡菜 |
[35:47] | what’s this about? | 你这是干嘛? |
[35:49] | Honestly,uh,I don’t think this new detective is up to the job, | 其实吧 我觉得这个新警探不太胜任 |
[35:54] | and I need a couple of seasoned pros with old school savvy– | 我需要的是经验老道的专业… |
[35:57] | – oh,hello,susan. – Denise. – Denise | – 你好呀 Susan |
[36:01] | Why don’t you call me “moose”? | 为啥不叫我”麋鹿”呢? |
[36:03] | You know you want to. | 你知道你想的 |
[36:05] | Moose? | 麋鹿? |
[36:06] | Moose? | 麋鹿? |
[36:12] | denise,I’m glad I ran into you. | Denise 遇到你刚好 |
[36:13] | I… I came down here to apologize. | 我是来道歉的 |
[36:15] | No,you came down here to get me kicked off the case. | 不 你来是为了让别人接手这案子 |
[36:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[36:20] | One more thing to apologize for. | 这事也得道歉 |
[36:24] | So look,um,I really am sorry about mark malone, | 听着 关于Mark Malone的事 我真的很抱歉 |
[36:27] | but that was ages ago,and that guy had “loser” written all over him. | 但那是N年前的事了 而且那家伙长得就一副衰人样 |
[36:32] | He’s the C.E.O.Of malone enterprises with a 6-bedroom home overlooking the lake. | 他是Malone企业的CEO 拥有一套六卧室的湖景豪宅 |
[36:37] | Okay. | 好 |
[36:39] | The point is,I’d hate for our history to cloud your judgment in this case. | 问题是 我不想让我们的过往 影响你对此案的判断 |
[36:45] | You think I’m behaving unprofessionally. | 你以为我会公报私仇 |
[36:47] | Well… when you were leaving katherine’s house the other day, | 那天你离开Katherine家时 |
[36:52] | you two did look… pretty chummy. | 你们俩看起来很合得来 |
[36:55] | Oh,well,it turns out we have a lot in common. | 我们有很多共同点 |
[36:57] | We both had boyfriends stolen by you. 00:36:57,440 –> 00:37:00,220 | 我们的男朋友都被你抢了 |
[37:01] | I did not steal mike. | 我没有抢Mike |
[37:03] | Katherine just thinks that I did,which is why I’m betting she strangled julie. | Katherine以为我抢了 所以我才觉得是她袭击了Julie |
[37:07] | Yeah,well,she couldn’t have, | 不可能是她 |
[37:08] | because she was on the phone all night with her daughter, | 因为那天她整晚都在和女儿通电话 |
[37:10] | and the phone records confirm it. | 有电话记录可以证实 |
[37:12] | Are you sure? | 你确定? |
[37:13] | I know how to do my job,susan. | 我知道怎么办案 Susan |
[37:15] | In fact,I’ve discovered some interesting facts while investigating this case. | 实际上 我在调查此案时发现了一些有趣的事 |
[37:22] | Is it true that on the evening of september 16th at approximately 11:45, | 你是不是在9月16日晚11:45左右 |
[37:27] | you shot katherine mayfair? | 开枪射了Katherine? |
[37:30] | What? | 什么? |
[37:31] | That was an accident. | 那是场意外 |
[37:33] | D you not reporting it was a crime. | 但你藏而不报就是犯法 |
[37:37] | Okay,um,let’s not blow this out of proportion. 00:37:37,250 –> 00:37:40,930 | 我们还是别小题大作了 |
[37:40] | I hurt you,but you’ve gotta get past this. | 我伤害了你 但你不能耿耿于怀 |
[37:43] | You can’t keep blaming me for the way that your life turned out. | 你不能把你现在的生活怪罪于我 |
[37:47] | It’s just… it’s gonna make you bitter and miserable,like katherine. | 这只会让你更痛苦悲惨 就象Katherine那样 |
[37:54] | You need closure,denise. | 你需要解脱 Denise |
[37:56] | You have the right to be happy. | 你有权获得幸福 |
[37:59] | And you have the right to remain silent. | 而你有权保持沉默 |
[38:06] | In you go! | 进去吧 你! |
[38:08] | Hey,susan,u know what this is called? | 嘿 Susan 你知道这叫什么? |
[38:11] | Closure. | 这就叫解脱 |
[38:20] | The julie mayer assault? | Julie Mayer遇袭案? |
[38:21] | We’re not onhat case anymore. | 这不归我们管了 |
[38:23] | Detective lapera’s handling that. | 现在由Lapera警探负责 |
[38:25] | Why? | 有何贵干? |
[38:26] | Well,we have some new information to report. | 我们有新的情况要举报 |
[38:29] | The detective is out on a call at the moment. | 现在警探正外出办案 |
[38:31] | This needs to be checked out right away. | 这个等不得 |
[38:33] | What needs to be checked out right away? | 什么等不得? |
[38:35] | Did you guys ever talk to nick bolen? | 你们向Nick bolen问过话吗? |
[38:38] | The dad of the kid we arrested. | 我们逮捕的那孩子的父亲 |
[38:40] | Yeah,yeah,we talked to him. | 我们和他谈过 |
[38:41] | I’m guessing he didn’t mention that he and julie were having an affair. | 我猜他没有提起他和Julie有过恋情 |
[38:45] | She broke it off right before she was attacked. | 她在遇袭前一晚向他提出分手 |
[38:50] | No kiddin’. | 没开玩笑吧 |
[38:54] | Hey,babe. | 嘿 宝贝 |
[38:56] | What’s up? | 有什么事不? |
[38:57] | good news. | 好消息 |
[38:58] | I am a working girl. | 我有工作了哦 |
[38:59] | bree asked me to join her company. | Bree请我入伙 |
[39:01] | Yeah? | 真的? |
[39:03] | Hey,that’s great. | 太好了 |
[39:05] | Hey,you’re still gonna cook for me,right? | 你还是会为我做饭的 是不? |
[39:07] | Are you kidding?You’re my guinea pig. | 当然 你可是我的实验小白鼠 |
[39:11] | Congrats. | 恭喜 |
[39:12] | Oh,and there was something else I needed to tell you. | 还有件事要告诉你 |
[39:15] | Oh,right,right,right. | 对了 对了 |
[39:16] | Cops called. | 警察打电话来 |
[39:17] | They wanted to know where you were the night that julie mayer was strangled. | 问Julie Mayer遇袭当晚你在哪儿 |
[39:24] | what? | 什么? |
[39:26] | Why would they be asking about me? | 怎么想起来问我? |
[39:28] | I guess because you were having an affair with her? | 我猜因为你和她有恋情? |
[39:32] | Look,I don’t know what they told you. | 我不知道他们是怎么对你说的 |
[39:35] | They didn’t tell me anything. | 他们什么也没说 |
[39:37] | I’ve known for weeks. | 我知道好几个礼拜了 |
[39:40] | – Ange… – don’T. – Ange… | – 别 |
[39:42] | Don’t embarrass yourself… or me. | 别出洋相了 也别让我尴尬 |
[39:45] | You did a stupid thing. | 你干了件傻事 |
[39:48] | But owyou can’t go anywhere,and you know I can’t go anywhere. | 但你哪儿都不能去 我也哪儿都不能去 |
[39:53] | So we’re gonna have to get past this. | 我们会相携渡过这一关 |
[39:55] | I’m so sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[39:58] | I’ve put you through a lot,so you get this one. | 我让你受了很多罪 所以任你这样胡搞 |
[40:01] | But that’s it. | 但到此为止 |
[40:03] | You know I never attacked her. | 你知道不是我袭击她的 |
[40:06] | And that is why I lied and told the cops you were with me the entire night. | 所以我才撒谎说你整晚都和我在一起 |
[40:13] | so we’re okay? | 我们没事了吧? |
[40:23] | now we’re okay. | 现在没事了 |
[40:31] | The truth is,there’s only so much we can learn from books. | 实际上 书本能告诉我们的很有限 |
[40:37] | They can’t tell you how to make your wife happy. | 它们不能告诉我们如何让太太开心 |
[40:44] | They can’t tell you how to appreciate your neighbor. | 如何欣赏邻居 |
[40:51] | They can’t tell you if that man across the street is dangerous. | 如何判别对面的邻居是否危险 |
[40:59] | No,the only way to truly learn is from your mistakes. | 获取这些的唯一渠道就是从错误中学习 |
[41:06] | Of course,if those mistakes land you in jail, | 当然 如果错误大到让你坐牢 |
[41:09] | it might be nice to have a book to pass the time. | 有本书打发时间还是不错的 |