时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Eli Scruggs | |
[00:03] | was the handiest of all handymen. | 是杂务工中的好手 |
[00:07] | You could ask any of his customers, | 你可以问他的任何一位雇主 |
[00:10] | and they would tell you, | 他们都会告诉你 |
[00:12] | There was nothing he couldn’t fix. | 他无所不修 |
[00:17] | Whether it was a broken vase… | 无论是破花瓶… |
[00:20] | a leaky pipe… | 漏水的管道… |
[00:24] | or a shaky banister, | 还是摇晃的扶手 |
[00:27] | Eli always knew how to get the job done. | Eli总能得心应手 |
[00:31] | But sadly, | 但可悲的是 |
[00:33] | the man who had fixed so many things | 这个为紫藤巷居民 |
[00:36] | for the residents of Wisteria Lane | 修好如此多东西的人 |
[00:38] | was now about | 即将 |
[00:40] | to break their hearts. | 让他们”心碎欲裂” |
[00:42] | Eli Scruggs, get down from there! | Eli Scruggs 下来! |
[00:45] | Mrs. Mccluskey. | Mccluskey太太 |
[00:47] | Just found this note in my mailbox. | 我刚在邮箱里找到这个便条 |
[00:49] | Says you’re retiring? What the hell? | 写你要退休了? 搞什么鬼啊? |
[00:51] | Yes, ma’am. It’s true. | 是的 太太 是真的 |
[00:54] | Now why would you want to do something stupid like that? | 你为什么要做那样的蠢事? |
[00:56] | My doc says I got a bum ticker, | 我的医生说我心脏有问题 |
[00:58] | Have to take it easy from now on. | 必须从现在起好好休息了 |
[01:01] | Well, once I’m done fixing Mrs. Mayer’s shingle | 我一修好Mayer太太的房顶 |
[01:03] | – I’m on a plane to Waikiki. – Well, this is very annoying. | – 我就要飞去怀基基海滩了(夏威夷) – 这事真够烦人 |
[01:06] | Who’s gonna fix my water heater when it breaks? | 我的热水器坏掉时 找谁来修呢? |
[01:09] | Oh, I met this young guy named Toby. | 我认识个叫Toby的小伙子 |
[01:12] | Very bright, just turned 30. He’ll take care of you. | 人很聪明 刚刚30岁 让他来处理吧 |
[01:15] | Ah, damn it, Eli! | 去你的 Eli! |
[01:17] | I am not comfortable with strangers in my house. | 我不喜欢让陌生人到家里来 |
[01:19] | – Took me ten years to trust you. – I know. | – 我花了10年才完全信任你 – 这我知道 |
[01:23] | Most of those guys leave tools and nails all over the place. | 那些人总是到处丢工具和钉子 |
[01:26] | You never leave a mess. | 你从不搞得一团糟 |
[01:28] | Thank you, ma’am. | 谢谢夸奖 太太 |
[01:30] | Have you told everyone else you’re leaving? | 你跟大家都说了你要走的事了吗? |
[01:32] | I left copies of that same note in everybody’s mailbox. | 我在每个人的邮箱里都留了那张一样的字条 |
[01:36] | Well, that’s not right. | 那可不太好 |
[01:37] | After all these years, people will want to say good-bye, | 毕竟这么多年了 大家都会想跟你道个别 |
[01:40] | and… You know, maybe throw you a party or something. | 可能… 比方说为你搞个聚会什么的 |
[01:43] | Oh, no. I prefer to go quietly, if you know what I mean. | 不 我希望悄悄的走 希望你明白我的意思 |
[01:46] | I don’t want a big fuss. | 我不想搞得大惊小怪 |
[01:48] | Well, I’ll miss you, Eli. | 我会想你的 Eli |
[01:52] | There will never be another one like you. | 不会再有像你这样的人了 |
[01:57] | With that Eli Scruggs climbed his ladder | 就这样 Eli Scruggs人生最后一次 |
[02:00] | for the very last time. | 爬上了他的梯子 |
[02:03] | And once he had finished making his last repair, | 刚修完最后一样东西 |
[02:07] | Eli Scruggs… quietly, with no fuss… | Eli Scruggs… 静悄悄的 没有大惊小怪的… |
[02:12] | Had a heart attack and died. | 心脏病突发 离世了 |
[02:18] | And most importantly… | 最重要的是… |
[02:21] | Without leaving a mess. | 没有搞得一团糟 |
[02:36] | It took an hour for someone to finally notice | 一小时之后 才有人发现 |
[02:39] | the body laying at the top Susan Mayer’s roof. | 躺在Susan Mayer房顶上的尸体 |
[02:51] | It was less than ten minutes later | 不到十分钟后 |
[02:53] | that the neighbors began arriving, | 邻居们陆续赶来 |
[02:56] | Each determined to get a look | 他们都想看看 |
[02:58] | at the various paramedics and policemen | 各种各样的护理人员和警察 |
[03:01] | who were all frantically trying to figure out | 看他们迫切的想弄清楚 |
[03:04] | exactly how to bring the body down. | 具体的死因 |
[03:12] | And it took two days for my friends to realize | 我的朋友们花了两天才意识到 |
[03:16] | this tragedy had affected them… | 这场悲剧也影响了她们… |
[03:19] | We’re ready! Come on. | 我们都好了! 来吧 |
[03:22] | More than they were willing to admit. | 尽管她们不愿意去承认 |
[03:26] | Hey, Gaby, did you remember to get change? | 嘿 Gaby 你记得带零钱了吗? |
[03:28] | ‘Cause when I cash in my chips, I don’t want to hear you say, | 因为我不想在把筹码兑换成钱的时候 听到你说 |
[03:31] | – “all I’ve got is $50s.” – Speaking of cashing in your chips, | – “我只有50元的钞票” – 说到把筹码换成钱 |
[03:34] | – anyone know when eli’s funeral is? – Oh, I think it’s Saturday. | – 有人知道Eli的葬礼是什么时候吗? – 我想是星期六吧 |
[03:37] | I wonder how many people are gonna show up. | 不知道有多少人会去参加 |
[03:41] | – Mrs. Mccluskey was saying he didn’t have much family. – Poor Eli. We should make sure he’s got flowers at his funeral. | – Mccluskey太太说他没什么亲人 – 可怜的Eli 我们得保证葬礼上有人送花啊 |
[03:44] | I’m in. How much are we talking? | 算我一个 要花多少钱? |
[03:47] | I don’t know. What do you think, Gaby? | 不知道 你觉得呢 Gaby? |
[03:49] | Gaby? | |
[04:01] | Wow! Jimmy Choo! | 哇! Jimmy Choo! |
[04:05] | Oh, Carlos! | 噢 Carlos! |
[04:07] | These aren’t even in the states yet. | 这款还没在美国上市呢 |
[04:09] | What’s the catch? | 有什么目的? |
[04:11] | What are you talking about? | 什么意思? |
[04:14] | You never buy me a present | 除非我生气了 或者要生气 |
[04:16] | Unless I’m mad or about to be mad. | 你是不会给我买礼物的 |
[04:18] | And I don’t think I am, so why am I about to be? | 我想我现在还不生气 那么我会因为什么而要生气? |
[04:20] | – I have to go to Cleveland tomorrow. – Carlos! | – 我明天要去克利夫兰 – Carlos! |
[04:22] | They’re begging me. The merger’s going south. You just got home! | – 他们在求我了 兼并活动要向南进行了 – 可你刚回家啊! |
[04:26] | With shoes. | 买了双鞋 |
[04:28] | Don’t leave me here. I’m going out of my mind. | 别把我丢在这儿 我都要疯了 |
[04:32] | Everyone is so boring and suburban. | 人人都那么无聊 那么老土 |
[04:34] | And how many freaking honor students | 一个这样的学校会有多少 |
[04:36] | can that school have? | 怪异的好学生? |
[04:38] | Can we please not argue in front of the handyman? He has a name. | – 可不可以不要在杂务工面前吵架? – 他有名字的 |
[04:42] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么? |
[04:45] | Eli Scruggs. | |
[04:46] | You hear that, Carlos? | 你听到了吗 Carlos? |
[04:48] | You’ve brought me to a place | 你把我带到了一个 |
[04:50] | where people are named “ElI Scruggs.” | 人们叫做”Eli Scruggs”的地方 |
[04:53] | Fine. I’ll give up my job… | 好吧 我放弃工作… |
[04:55] | And everything that comes with it. | 以及工作带来的一切 |
[04:57] | Not the Jimmy Choos. | Jimmy Choos不算 |
[04:59] | They’re the only friends I’ve got. | 这是我唯一的朋友了 |
[05:01] | Thought so. | 我想也是 |
[05:02] | I’m going to pack. | 我去收拾行李 |
[05:07] | You know, it’s none of my business… | 你知道 这和我无关… |
[05:09] | You’re right. It’s not. | 没错 和你无关 |
[05:11] | But the ladies in this neighborhood | 但社区里的女士们 |
[05:14] | – are actually pretty nice. – Yeah. They came by, brought muffins. | – 其实人都很好的 – 没错 她们来拜访过 还带了松饼过来 |
[05:17] | One of ’em wants her basket back. | 其中有一位还想拿回篮子 |
[05:19] | That’d be Bree. | 那一定是Bree |
[05:21] | Anyhow, she and the other ladies, uh, | 不管怎样 她和其他女士们 |
[05:23] | play poker every week. | 每周都打牌 |
[05:25] | If you’d like, I could talk to ’em, | 要是你愿意的话 我可以跟她们说说 |
[05:27] | see if they’ll let you host a game. | 看她们要不要让你主办一次 |
[05:36] | Hi. We’re, um… The neighborhood. | 你好 我们是… 邻居 |
[05:39] | Gabrielle invited us to play poker. | Gabrielle邀我们来玩牌 |
[05:45] | So… Is she in? | 那… 她在家吗? |
[05:48] | Mrs. Solis will be right down. | Solis太太马上下来 |
[05:51] | She likes to make an entrance. | 她喜欢来个”登场亮相” |
[05:54] | What does that mean, “an entrance”? | 什么意思 “登场亮相”? |
[05:57] | Hello there. | 大家好 |
[05:59] | Welcome to my home. | 欢迎来我家 |
[06:03] | Oh. | 噢 |
[06:05] | That’s what it means. | 就是那个意思 |
[06:07] | So I said, “pumpkin”… | 于是我说 “南瓜”… |
[06:08] | That’s what I call Jon Bon Jovi… | 那是我给Jon Bon Jovi(著名歌手)起的外号… |
[06:10] | I said, “pumpkin, even if I could steer a yacht, | 我说 “南瓜 就算我会驾驶游艇 |
[06:13] | I’m certainly not about to do it in 5-inch heels.” | 我都不会穿5英寸的高跟鞋做这个的” |
[06:16] | True story. | 这是真的 |
[06:18] | Well, you’ve certainly had quite a glamorous life. | 你的生活一定热闹非凡 |
[06:21] | Well, it was before my husband moved me here to east nowhere. | 那是在我丈夫带我到东部这个不知名小镇之前 |
[06:24] | Seriously, I don’t know how you girls do it. | 说真的 我都不知道你们是怎么做到的 |
[06:26] | – Do what? – Get out of bed in the morning. | – 做什么? – 早上起床啊 |
[06:29] | I’ve only lived here a month, | 我才住了一个月 |
[06:31] | And I want to put a gun to my head. | 就想在头上开一枪 |
[06:33] | You know what I mean? | 你们明白我的意思么? |
[06:36] | No, we don’t. There are no good nightclubs, no theater. | – 不明白 – 这里没有高级夜总会 也没有戏院 |
[06:39] | What do you do for a good time? | 你们消遣时都做什么呢? |
[06:41] | Well, we watch the kids play soccer. | 我们看孩子们踢球 |
[06:43] | And the school drama department puts on some really great shows. | 学校戏剧部也演几场不错的戏 |
[06:46] | And then there’s church, of course. | 当然还有教堂 |
[06:48] | Church. | 教堂 |
[06:52] | Oh, you’re serious. | 噢 你没有开玩笑啊 |
[06:56] | Look, I know it’s quiet here, but I think you’ll find | 听着 我知道这里是很安静 但是我觉得你会找到 |
[07:00] | There’s a real charm to Fairview. | 美景镇的魅力所在的 |
[07:02] | No, no, it’s cute. It’s cute. I get that. | 不 这里很好 很不错 我知道的 |
[07:05] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[07:06] | I was a top-tier fashion model, | 我曾是个知名的时尚模特 |
[07:09] | And I guess I’m just gonna have to get used to the fact | 我想我不得不去习惯 |
[07:12] | that the best part of my life is behind me. | 我人生最辉煌的篇章已经翻过去这个事实 |
[07:15] | Good-bye doing vodka shots with Kate Moss, | 告别与Kate Moss豪饮伏特加的时光 |
[07:18] | And hello | 迎接 |
[07:19] | To sipping international coffee with you girls. | 和你们共饮咖啡的日子 |
[07:26] | Full house. | 三张一样加一对 |
[07:33] | Yes? | 你好? |
[07:34] | Hello. Is Mrs. Solis here? | 你好 Solis太太在吗? |
[07:36] | Oh, I got it. I got it. Go, go, go, go, go. | 我来吧 我来 你快走 走吧 |
[07:39] | – Ma’am, here’s the bill for fixing your sink. – Okay. Thank you. | – 太太 这是修理水池的账单 – 好的 谢谢 |
[07:42] | By the way… | 顺便说一下… |
[07:43] | You made quite an impression at the poker game. | 打牌时你让大家印象深刻 |
[07:46] | – Really? – Oh, yeah. The ladies can’t stop talking about you. | – 是吗? – 是啊 女士们不停在讨论你 |
[07:49] | Aw. Well, I’m sure it was kind of exciting | 我想对她们来说能和明星共处 |
[07:51] | for them to have a star in their midst. | 一定是让人激动的事 |
[07:54] | Uh, let me think… Did they say “star”? | 让我想想… 她们说了”明星”吗? |
[07:56] | I heard, uh, “stuck-up,” “obnoxious,” “bitch.” | 我听到的是 “明星脾气” “讨厌” “贱人” |
[08:04] | What?! | 什么?! |
[08:05] | You know, I went out on a limb to get you into that game, | 你知道 我豁出去让你跟她们一起打牌 |
[08:08] | And then you go in there acting like | 然后你表现得好像 |
[08:11] | – You’re better than they are. – Oh, my clothes said that, not me. | – 你比她们更优秀 – 这是我的衣服说的 不是我 |
[08:15] | Well, did you ask them anything about their lives? Why would they want to talk about their lives? | – 你有没有问问她们的生活? – 她们为什么想谈论她们的生活? |
[08:19] | Their lives are boring. | 她们的生活那么无聊 |
[08:21] | Well, you know what’s gonna be really boring? | 你知道真正无聊的是什么吗? |
[08:23] | You sitting here alone in this big house without any friends. | 是你独坐在这个大房子里 没有朋友相伴 |
[08:27] | If I were you, I’d drop the attitude. | 如果我是你 我就会放下架子 |
[08:29] | Learn to like your neighbors. | 学会喜欢你的邻居们 |
[08:33] | Well, thanks for the advice. | 多谢你的建议 |
[08:35] | You wanna add that to your bill? | 要把这个加在你的账单里吗? |
[08:37] | No. It’s on the house. | 不用 这是免费的 |
[08:45] | I brought muffins. | 我来送松饼 |
[08:51] | That’s so nice. | 真不错 |
[08:53] | We were just… | 我们只是在… |
[08:55] | Playing poker, and I wasn’t invited. | 打牌 而我没被邀请 |
[08:58] | I know. I get it. | 我知道 我明白的 |
[09:00] | I just wanted to tell you guys | 我只是想告诉你们 |
[09:02] | I know I made a horrible first impression. | 我给你们留下了很糟糕的第一印象 |
[09:05] | Now you know why models don’t usually talk. | 你们现在知道模特们为什么不怎么说话了吧 |
[09:08] | Because we say a lot of stupid, patronizing things | 因为我们说的话都很愚蠢傲慢 |
[09:10] | that made people want to avoid us. | 使得人们对我们避之不及 |
[09:14] | What I should’ve said was… My husband’s never home. | 我要说的本该是… 我老公从来不回家 |
[09:18] | I miss the city. | 我想念大城市 |
[09:21] | I miss my life. | 想念原来的生活 |
[09:25] | I’m lonely all the time… | 我一直很寂寞… |
[09:29] | And I could really use some friends. | 我可以交些朋友 |
[09:36] | Anyway, here. | 不管怎样 给 |
[09:45] | Now that’s how you make an entrance. | 你就这样”登场亮相”了啊 |
[09:55] | Gaby? | |
[09:56] | I’m sorry. What? | 不好意思 怎么了? |
[09:58] | We’re getting a wreath for Eli’s funeral. Are you in? | 我们要给Eli的葬礼上送个花圈 要不要算你的? |
[10:02] | Actually, why don’t you let me pay for it? | 就让我来付钱吧? |
[10:04] | It can still be from all of us. No, you don’t have to do that. | – 还可以算是我们一起送的 – 你没有必要这么做啊 |
[10:09] | I sort of do. | 有点必要的 |
[10:12] | Now let’s play some poker. | 我们来打牌吧 |
[10:15] | All right, time for my luck to change. | 好吧 我该转运了 |
[10:17] | This hand is for Eli. | 这一把是为了Eli |
[10:19] | Hmm. Next hand is for Eli. | 好吧 下一把是为了Eli |
[10:23] | You know, if we’re gonna have a get-together | 知道吗 如果我们葬礼后要聚会的话 |
[10:25] | after the funeral, we should start thinking about food. | 我们该开始讨论一下食物了 |
[10:27] | – And by “we” and “food,” you mean Bree, right? – I thought that was clear. | – “我们”和”食物” 你值得就是Bree吧? – 我想这不言而喻了 |
[10:30] | I’d be happy to. Any special requests? | 我很乐意 有特殊要求吗? |
[10:32] | How about we pick something from your cookbook? | 要不从你的食谱里挑一些吧? |
[10:34] | Great. Gaby, do you have your copy? | 好啊 Gaby 你那本在吗? |
[10:37] | I’ll go get it. | 我去拿 |
[10:45] | You use my cookbook to balance your table? | 你用我的书来垫桌子? |
[10:49] | Oh, it’s only temporary. | 只是暂时的 |
[10:51] | Juanita needed her coloring book back. | Juanita把她的图画书拿走了 |
[10:55] | All right. | 好了 |
[10:58] | Watch out, ladies. | 当心点 女士们 |
[11:12] | I’m sorry if the frittata is a bit dry. | 抱歉煎蛋饼是不是有点焦了 |
[11:15] | Are you kidding? It’s great. | 开玩笑的吧? 很好吃啊 |
[11:17] | – You should give Lynette the recipe. – Yes, ’cause that’s what | – 你该把菜谱给Lynette – 没错 因为那就是 |
[11:20] | Women in their eighth month really crave… more stove time. Mine is so erratic. | – 女人在怀孕第八个月时所渴望的 多烤点东西 – 我的菜谱不很确定 |
[11:23] | I’m not even sure what the real temperature is. | 我甚至不确定温度到底是多少 |
[11:26] | Of course, if a certain doctor | 当然 如果某个医生 |
[11:28] | Would loosen the purse strings… We’re not getting a new stove. | – 愿意松一下钱包链子的话… – 我不会再买个新的烤炉的 |
[11:30] | If you would just take on a few more patients, | 只要你多接待几个病人 |
[11:33] | – We could afford it. – Well, if I’m not supporting you adequately, my dear, | – 我们就买的起了 – 亲爱的 如果我没有充分支持你 |
[11:36] | – by all means, feel free to do something about it. – Such as? | – 请尽一切办法做点什么吧 – 比如说? |
[11:39] | Well, you could maybe… I don’t know, get a job? | 也许你可以… 我也不知道 找个工作? |
[11:42] | I have a job. I’m a homemaker. | 我有工作啊 我是个家庭主妇 |
[11:46] | And a damn good one. So to make this, | 这个真好吃 要做这个 |
[11:48] | – You… you just s-saut some ham and some onions… – It’s not happening, Tom. | – 你… 你弄了些火腿和洋葱… – 没事的 Tom |
[11:52] | I just sometimes think | 我有时候想 |
[11:54] | maybe you would appreciate the value of a dollar more | 如果你在外工作 |
[11:56] | If you had to work outside the home. | 也许你会更重视钱的价值 |
[11:58] | And I think you would appreciate my value more if, for once, | 而我认为 如果你哪怕有一次自己做饭洗衣 |
[12:01] | You had to cook your own food and wash your own clothes. | 也会更重视我的价值 |
[12:04] | – Lynette makes me sew my own buttons. – I’ll sew anything you want | – Lynette让我自己缝扣子 – 要是你不再让我怀孕了 |
[12:06] | If you just stop getting me pregnant. | 让我缝什么都可以 |
[12:08] | I want a new stove, Rex, | 我想要个新炉灶了 Rex |
[12:10] | And if I need to get a job to pay for it, so be it. | 如果我需要找工作来支付炉灶的钱 我会的 |
[12:13] | If you’re looking for a stove, | 你要需要炉子的话 |
[12:15] | We’ve got one that’s hardly ever been used. | 我们倒是有一个几乎没用过的 |
[12:18] | I wish I could say the same for my uterus. | 我也希望能对我的子宫说同样的话 |
[12:23] | Oh, yeah. I ruined the brunch. | 哦 好吧 早午餐让我给毁了 |
[12:32] | Hey, how’s it looking under there, Eli? | 嘿 下面情况怎么样 Eli? |
[12:34] | Is it gonna cost me an arm and a leg? | 需要花我很多钱吧? |
[12:37] | Nah. A few fingers, maybe. | 不会 可能就一点点 |
[12:41] | Honey, my stomach’s growling. When’s dinner? | 亲爱的 我肚子都叫了 什么时候吃晚饭啊? |
[12:44] | Oh, we’re having leftovers. | 哦 我们有些剩饭剩菜 |
[12:46] | You can heat them up yourself if you want. | 如果你愿意的话 可以自己热热 |
[12:48] | Since when do we have leftovers? | 什么时候咱家开始吃剩饭剩菜了? |
[12:50] | Since I started writing my own cookbook. | 自从我开始写我自己的菜谱 |
[12:53] | Remember how you told me | 还记得你怎么跟我说的吗 |
[12:55] | I should start making my own money? | 我应该开始自己赚钱? |
[12:57] | Well, I’ve been going through all my old recipes, | 嗯 我浏览了一遍我所有的旧食谱 |
[12:59] | And I’ve got this great idea | 然后我就有了这个伟大的想法 |
[13:01] | – For a real home-style American cookbook. – You’re not serious? | – 编撰一本美国家常菜食谱 – 你不是当真的吧? |
[13:04] | Why wouldn’t I be? | 为什么不呢? |
[13:06] | – People are always complimenting me on my cooking. – You’re great, but come on. | – 人们都在赞美我的厨艺 – 你是很棒 但是得了吧 |
[13:09] | Every bored housewife who pulls off a decent lasagna | 每一个能做出像样的烤宽面条的无聊的家庭主妇 |
[13:11] | Thinks she can write a cookbook. | 都认为她自己能写一本菜谱 |
[13:14] | You think I’m just like every other housewife? | 你认为 我就跟其他的家庭主妇一样? |
[13:16] | 不 不 不 我不是那个意思 只是… | |
[13:19] | What do you really know about writing | 你知道什么是写作吗? |
[13:22] | I’ll learn. And I want it to be more than just a cookbook. | 我可以学呀 而且我想让这本书不只是一本菜谱 |
[13:25] | I want to talk about traditional values | 我还想谈论传统的价值观 |
[13:27] | And give helpful hints about homemaking. | 然后给一些持家的建议 |
[13:29] | Look, look, this is my fault. | 听着 听着 这是我的错 |
[13:31] | You know, I… I was ribbing you the other day | 你知道 我… 我前几天是嘲笑你说 |
[13:34] | About getting a job, but you took it seriously. | 你真该找工作 但你却当真了 |
[13:36] | If you really want a new stove, I’ll get you a stove. | 如果你真想要个新炉灶 我会买给你的 |
[13:42] | Now can you stop this foolishness | 现在你能停止这愚蠢的做法 |
[13:44] | And make me something to eat that isn’t leftovers? | 然后给我做一些不是剩饭菜的东西吃吗? |
[14:17] | Mrs. Van de Kamp? | Van de Kamp太太? |
[14:19] | I fixed your banister. Should be fine now. | 我把你的楼梯栏杆修好了 现在应该好了 |
[14:24] | I’ll just go. You can pay me whenever. | 我要走了 你可以以后再付账 |
[14:27] | I know this is a rough time for you. | 我知道你现在不好过 |
[14:29] | Thanks, Eli. | 谢谢你 艾利 |
[14:32] | By the way, | 顺便说一下 |
[14:35] | The service for Mr. V. was really nice. | V先生的葬礼真的很不错 |
[14:41] | You were there? | 当时你在那儿? |
[14:43] | I sat in the back of the church. | 我就坐在教堂的后面 |
[14:46] | I wanted to say good-bye to Mr. V. | 我想跟V先生道别 |
[14:50] | So, uh… | 所以 呃… |
[14:53] | Have you thought about what you’re gonna do now? | 你有现在的打算么? |
[14:56] | You mean, with my life? | 你是说 我的人生? |
[15:00] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[15:05] | Mrs. V… | V太太… |
[15:07] | I’ve been meaning to give this to you for a while now… | 我一直想把这个给你的… |
[15:10] | But I, uh, | 但是我 呃 |
[15:12] | Could never find the right moment. | 一直找不到合适的机会 |
[15:19] | I kept it for you, just in case you might need it someday. | 这个我一直替你保留着 万一某天你会用到它 |
[15:26] | Hope you don’t mind. | 希望你不会介意 |
[15:30] | Oh, I gotta tell you. I made your Cajun meatloaf. | 哦 告诉你哦 我照着你的菜谱做了法式夹肉面包 |
[15:34] | Whoo! | 哇! |
[15:35] | That may be my favorite meal ever. | 那可能是我最喜欢的一顿饭 |
[15:39] | I can’t believe you saved this. | 真不敢相信 你竟然保留着 |
[15:42] | Ah. | 啊 |
[15:43] | Of course, I’m not really in the mood | 当然 我现在真的没有心情 |
[15:46] | To write a cookbook right now. | 写菜谱 |
[15:48] | Well… | 好吧… |
[15:50] | Maybe one day you will be. | 也许有一天你会的 |
[16:00] | Hey, Bree, I know what you can make for the wake… | 嘿 Bree 我知道你能为守灵做什么吃的了… |
[16:03] | That flaky-breaded-shrimp thing. | 那个薄片虾仁儿面包 |
[16:07] | Thanks, but I know exactly what I’m gonna make. | 谢谢 但是我知道我该做什么了 |
[16:14] | Dave 旅行很愉快 但是我得告诉你 | |
[16:16] | I don’t know why we spent all that money going to the Bahamas. | 我不知道为什么我们要花那么多的钱去Bahamas |
[16:19] | If we’re not gonna leave the hotel room, | 要是我们不出旅馆的话 |
[16:22] | Then why not just cover ourselves in suntan lotion | 那何不涂上防晒油 |
[16:24] | And have sex here? | 在这儿做爱呢? |
[16:26] | You just got a message from Mrs. Mccluskey. | 你有一条来自Mccluskey夫人的短信 |
[16:28] | Oh? | 是么? |
[16:30] | She said your handyman died. | 她说你们的杂务工死了 |
[16:32] | Eli? | |
[16:35] | Oh, my god. | 哦 天啊 |
[16:36] | He was working on Susan’s roof | 他当时正在修葺Susan的房顶 |
[16:38] | And dropped dead of a heart attack. | 然后死于心脏病突发 |
[16:41] | Can you believe that? | 你能相信么? |
[16:52] | No, no, no. You are not going to the gym again. | 不行 不行 不行 不许你再去那健身房了 |
[16:55] | You said we were gonna have afternoon sex. | 你说过下午要和我做爱的 |
[16:57] | – We’ll do it when I get back. – You say that every time, Umberto, | – 我回来了再做 – 你每次都这么说 Umberto |
[17:00] | – And then you’re too tired. – Maybe I wouldn’t be if you weren’t so clingy. | – 然后你又太累了 – 你要是不那么粘人 或许我就不会那么累 |
[17:03] | Clingy? | 粘人? |
[17:04] | We haven’t had sex in two weeks. | 我们有两个礼拜没做爱了 |
[17:07] | It’s like I’m 15 again. What’s wrong with us? | 我好像又回到了15岁 我们之间是怎么了? |
[17:11] | Not us. You. | 不是我们 是你 |
[17:12] | Your libido is out of control. | 你的性欲太强烈了 |
[17:15] | Umberto… | |
[17:16] | Look, you’ve got a drawerful of toys. Use ’em. | 听着 你有一抽屉的成人用品 就用他们吧 |
[17:26] | Oh! | 咳咳! |
[17:32] | Ahem. | 呃 |
[17:33] | Oh! | 哦! |
[17:35] | Oh! Eli! I… I forgot you were in there. | 哦! Eli! 我… 我忘了你还在里面 |
[17:37] | Yeah. I’m done fixing your faucet. | 是啊 我修好你的水龙头了 |
[17:39] | Actually, I was done ten minutes ago, | 事实上 我10分钟前就弄好了 |
[17:42] | – But I was afraid to come out. – I’m sorry you heard all of that. | – 但是不方便出来 – 很抱歉你都听到了 |
[17:45] | The good news is, while I was in there, | 好消息是 我在里面的时候 |
[17:47] | I re-grouted your tub… Free of charge. | 顺便把你的浴盆也给弄好了… 免费哦 |
[17:51] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[17:56] | What do you think of my ass? | 你觉得我的臀部怎么样? |
[17:58] | Sorry? | 什么? |
[18:00] | My ass… on a scale from one to ten. | 我的臀部… 从一到十评分 |
[18:02] | Well, I… I… I, uh… | 呃 我… 我 呃… |
[18:05] | Ticktock. | 快点 |
[18:06] | Ten. It’s a ten. | 十分 是十分 |
[18:09] | And the boobs? Perky and firm? | 那胸呢? 坚挺而又紧致? |
[18:12] | You’ve named them? | 你给她们取名字了? |
[18:14] | Oh, come on, Eli. | 哦 得了吧 Eli |
[18:16] | My husband won’t have sex with me. | 我丈夫不愿跟我做爱 |
[18:18] | I just need to make sure it’s not… Me. | 我只是想确定这不是… 我的问题 |
[18:21] | It’s not you. | 不是的问题 |
[18:24] | Are you sure? | 你确定? |
[18:25] | Trust me. I used to work in construction. | 相信我 我曾经在建筑业工作 |
[18:27] | My buddies would’ve gone crazy for you… | 我的兄弟们会为你疯狂的… |
[18:30] | Catcalls, uh, nasty gestures. | 吹口哨 挑逗你 |
[18:32] | “Hey, you, with the sweater meats! | “嘿 你 火辣身材的那位! |
[18:34] | If you ever need any work done, call me!” | 如果你有什么需要 叫我哟!” |
[18:36] | ‘Cause I got the perfect tool for the job!” | 因为我有干那事的绝密武器!” |
[18:39] | Y-you get the drift. | 你很有资本 |
[18:42] | Yeah. I do. | 是啊 我有 |
[18:45] | That was insulting and demeaning. | 那相当的无礼 下流 |
[18:47] | Oh. | 哦 |
[18:49] | Thank you so much. | 太谢谢你了 |
[19:01] | Miss Britt? | Britt小姐? |
[19:03] | The door was wide open. | 门是开着的哦 |
[19:05] | – I got the paint. You want to check the color? – Eh. | – 油漆拿来了 你想看看色么? – 呃 |
[19:10] | Is everything okay? | 你还好吧? |
[19:12] | Things are great. | 还好 |
[19:15] | You want some wine? | 你想喝酒么? |
[19:17] | We’re celebrating. | 我们来庆祝 |
[19:19] | What’s the occasion? | 庆祝什么? |
[19:20] | I am no longer married to a gay guy. | 我再不和同志结婚了 |
[19:23] | Umberto was gay? | Umberto是个同志? |
[19:26] | So you wasted your time | 所以说你在厕所安那灯 |
[19:28] | Installing that light in the closet, | 完全是在浪费时间 |
[19:30] | Because… He went flying out of there. | 因为… 他就是从那儿跑的 |
[19:33] | At least you know now it wasn’t you. | 至少你知道一直都不是你的问题 |
[19:36] | Wasn’t it? | 不是吗? |
[19:37] | He said that being married to me | 他说跟我结婚 |
[19:40] | Was what convinced him that he liked men. | 坚定了他喜欢男人这一想法 |
[19:43] | Oh. You could imagine what a boost to the ego that was. | 哦 你可以想象这对人的自尊心是多么大的打击 |
[19:49] | Come on. | 振作起来 |
[19:51] | You had a gay guy sleeping with you for two years, | 你跟一个同志生活了两年 |
[19:54] | And those guys are pretty hard to land. | 而那种男人是很难安定的 |
[19:57] | No. No, trust me. | 不 不 相信我 |
[20:01] | No need to be sad. | 没必要难过 |
[20:04] | You’re a knockout. | 你是绝代佳人 |
[20:14] | No, I-I-I need this hand back. | 不 我… 我需要把这只手抽回来 |
[20:16] | It’s hard to be a handyman without a-a hand. | 对一个杂务工来说 少一只手会很麻烦 |
[20:21] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[20:24] | Miss Britt, what are you doing? | Britt小姐 你在干嘛? |
[20:27] | You put the mirror over my bed. | 你真是让我如梦初醒啊 |
[20:32] | You know exactly what I’m doing. | 你很清楚我要干什么 |
[20:35] | Are you sure about this? I don’t want to take advantage of you. | 你确定要这么做吗? 我不想趁人之危 |
[20:41] | Oh, I’m sure you’ll be gentle. | 哦 我知道你会很绅士的 |
[20:47] | Anyway, | 不管怎样 |
[20:50] | I guess they’re burying him on Saturday. | 我猜他们会在礼拜六将他下葬 |
[20:52] | Obviously, you want to go. | 很显然 你想去 |
[20:54] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[20:57] | I do. | 确实 |
[21:01] | Oh, leave that black dress out. | 哦 把这黑色礼服留在外面 |
[21:04] | I’ll get it dry-cleaned for the funeral. | 我拿去干洗 葬礼的时候穿 |
[21:06] | A little sexy for a funeral, isn’t it? | 在葬礼上 会不会太过性感? |
[21:11] | Oh, I don’t think Eli would mind. | 哦 Eli不会介意的 |
[21:19] | Mom? | 妈妈? |
[21:21] | That’s Penny. I’ll be right back. | 是Penny在叫 我一会就回来 |
[21:24] | Mom! | 妈妈! |
[21:26] | Hey, sweetie. | 嘿 宝贝 |
[21:28] | What’s up? | 怎么了? |
[21:30] | You said you would help me with my math. | 你说过你会教我数学的 |
[21:32] | We’re dividing fractions. | 我们都学到分式整除了 |
[21:35] | Oh. I wish you’d caught me two chardonnays ago. | 哦 你要是早在我喝下那两杯酒之前叫我就好了 |
[21:39] | Mom, you promised. | 妈妈 你答应过我的 |
[21:41] | I know, but mommy’s still planning Eli’s memorial. | 我知道 但是妈妈还得安排Eli的追悼会啊 |
[21:45] | Start without me. | 别等我 自己先学吧 |
[21:46] | I’ll be there in a little while. | 我一会儿就过来 |
[22:07] | Oh, my gosh. Lynette, are you okay? | 哦 天啊 Lynette 你还好吧? |
[22:09] | The doctor just called. I’m pregnant. | 医生刚打电话来 我怀孕了 |
[22:13] | This is fantastic! | 太好了! |
[22:17] | You… | 你… |
[22:18] | Yeah. Whoop-dee-doo. | 是啊 很好 |
[22:19] | Honey, you don’t sound too happy about this. | 亲爱的 听起来你似乎不是太高兴 |
[22:23] | I was planning to go back to work. | 我一直都想着重返工作 |
[22:26] | What? What a… what are you talking about? | 什么? 你… 你在说什么? |
[22:29] | I had it in the back of my mind for a while, | 我已经有这个想法好久了 |
[22:31] | – And then yesterday, I got a ph… – Hold it. | – 就昨天 我接到一个电… – 等等 |
[22:37] | Sorry. I was having trouble paying attention. | 抱歉 刚才我有点无法集中精神 |
[22:41] | Jeffrey Cuevas is retiring in September. | Jeffrey Cuevas将在九月退休 |
[22:45] | I am the perfect person to step into his job, | 而我是接手他位子的最佳人选 |
[22:48] | And that is exactly when Parker starts kindergarten. | 而且那个时候Parker又正好上幼儿园了 |
[22:52] | The timing is like a dream. | 这正是我梦寐以求的时机啊 |
[22:55] | But what about our dream of having a… a little girl? | 我们不也一直梦寐以求吗 想要一个… 一个女儿? |
[22:58] | This could be our chance. | 这次是我们的机会啊 |
[23:00] | Oh, please. You know it’s gonna be a boy. It’s always a boy. | 哦 拜托 你知道的这会是个儿子 我们一直都生儿子 |
[23:03] | It’s just gonna pee in my face | 他们就只会对着我的脸撒尿 |
[23:05] | And hide dead things in my shoes. | 还偷偷地在我鞋子里放些该死的东西 |
[23:07] | I am doing this, Tom. | 我要回去工作 Tom |
[23:10] | I am going after this job. | 我要接手这份工作 |
[23:13] | But who’s gonna take care of the kids? | 那谁来照顾我们的孩子呢? |
[23:16] | Well, I was hoping you could cut back on your hours at work. | 噢 我希望你能够减少你的工作时间 |
[23:20] | I can’t do that. | 我不能这么做 |
[23:21] | I have a career. | 我有自己的事业 |
[23:25] | You did not just say that. | 你不是就说说的吧 |
[23:28] | No, I… I didn’t. I didn’t. | 不… 我… 我没 我什么也没说 |
[23:30] | Tom, I cannot just stay at home wiping noses. | Tom 我不能再呆家里给孩子擦鼻涕了 |
[23:35] | I need it for my sanity, | 我要保持精力 |
[23:37] | And I need you to back me up. | 我需要你支持我 |
[23:40] | Oh! | 哦! |
[23:43] | Mom? | 妈妈? |
[23:46] | Well, the kids are up. | 瞧 孩子们起床了 |
[23:48] | They’re gonna want their breakfast. | 他们要吃早餐呢 |
[23:51] | And I’m gonna back you up by, uh, making it for ’em. | 我去支持你 呃 去给他们做早餐 |
[23:58] | My hero. | 真是我的英雄 |
[24:01] | Jeff Cuevas is fantastic, | Jeff Cuevas是很不错 |
[24:04] | But I know I could take his department to a whole new level. | 但我清楚我能把他的部门提高一个等次 |
[24:09] | What the hell is that? | 这该死的到底是什么? |
[24:11] | Oh, my water broke. | 哦 我的羊水破了 |
[24:13] | Take the overnight bag out to the car. | 去把旅行袋拿到车上 |
[24:15] | Oh, three weeks. | 哦 三个星期 |
[24:17] | That’s a little soon, but, uh, sure, I could make that work. | 有点太快了 不过 呃 没问题 我能接手那活儿 |
[24:21] | – For god sakes, Lynette, we gotta go to the hospital. – In a minute. I’m trying to lock this job down. | – 上帝啊 Lynette 我们得去医院了 – 就一分钟 我要就快把这工作搞定了 |
[24:25] | What kind of perks are we talking about here? | 我们现在说的津贴是哪种? |
[24:28] | Okay, you’re having contractions. That’s it. You… | 拜托 你的子宫都开始收缩了 快生了 你… |
[24:31] | I swear, if you touch this phone, | 我发誓 如果你敢碰这电话 |
[24:33] | I will have this baby right here and then beat you with it! | 我会在这里生小孩 然后用他来揍你 |
[24:36] | You’re insane. We have to go. | 你疯了 我们得去医院了 |
[24:39] | Could you hold on one second? | 你能等一会儿吗? |
[24:41] | We agreed I could go back to work | 我们都谈妥我可以回去工作了 |
[24:44] | – After I gave birth. – After, Lynette, not during! | – 在我生完孩子后 – 是生完 Lynette 不在是生的时候! |
[24:47] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[24:49] | Is there any way we could finish this conversation tomorrow? | 我们是不是能明天再谈? |
[24:55] | Oh! | 哦! |
[24:57] | L… later in the day works better for me, too. | 当… 当天晚点我也没关系的 |
[25:00] | Well, thank you very much. | 好 太感谢你了 |
[25:03] | Bye. Hey. Whew! I got the job | 再见 嘿 哇! 我得到这份工作了 |
[25:06] | Congratulations. The baby’s arm is sticking out. | 恭喜了 孩子的手都从你肚子伸出来了 |
[25:09] | Why don’t you high-five it? | 你想跟他拍掌欢呼一下吗? |
[25:11] | Tom, I am in pain. Do you mind? | Tom 我快要痛死了 可以帮我吗? |
[25:14] | Oh. | 哦 |
[25:15] | You’ll see, Tom. | 你会明白的 Tom |
[25:17] | I know. People say that you… Ooh! | 我了解 人们常说… 哦! |
[25:22] | You can’t have it all, but I know we can. | 鱼与熊掌不能兼得 但我知道我们可以 |
[25:27] | Oh, Mr. Swenson, I can’t tell you how excited I am. | 哦 Swenson夫人 我高兴得无法形容了 |
[25:31] | Maybe you could schedule a staff meeting | 也许你可以安排一个职员会议 |
[25:34] | So I could hit the ground running on Monday. | 之样我星期一就能走马上任了 |
[25:37] | No, no. | 不 不好 |
[25:38] | No, it can’t be Friday, | 不 星期五不行 |
[25:40] | Because, remember, we agreed that we would start next week? | 因为 你还记得吗 我们说好我可以下个星期才工作? |
[25:59] | So again, thank you so much for this opportunity. | 所以 再次感谢你给我这个机会 |
[26:03] | – Mrs. Scavo? – Yeah? | – Scavo太太? – 嗯? |
[26:05] | I think you might have forgotten somethin’. | 我想你可能忘了些什么 |
[26:10] | Could you hold on a second? | 你能等会吗? |
[26:14] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天啊 |
[26:17] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天啊 |
[26:18] | She’s fine. | 她很好 |
[26:20] | I was… I was on the phone. | 我刚才… 我刚才在讲电话 |
[26:23] | – I was talking to my new boss, and I… – She was only in there for a minute. | – 我正跟我的新老板谈话 我.. – 她只在外面呆了一分钟 |
[26:27] | But it’s 85 degrees outside. I’ve never done this before. | 但是外面是85华氏度(属于高温) 我以前不会这样的 |
[26:31] | You got a lot on your mind… three kids and a newborn, | 你有很多事情要处理… 三个孩子和一个新生儿 |
[26:35] | It sounds like a new job. | 而且似乎还有一份新工作 |
[26:38] | Yeah, I do. | 是的 是的 |
[26:40] | Yeah. It’s a lot to handle. | 对 有很多要处理呢 |
[26:43] | There you go. | 来 给你 |
[26:47] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[27:00] | I should probably get back to Susan’s windows. | 我现在要回去修Susan的窗户了 |
[27:03] | Uh, you take care. | 呃 你好好照顾吧 |
[27:14] | Lynette, are you still there? | Lynette 还在吗? |
[27:17] | Lynette? | |
[27:18] | Hello? | 喂? |
[27:19] | Are you still there? | 你还在吗? |
[27:26] | Hey. You coming back in? | 嘿 你要过来吗? |
[27:30] | No. | 不了 |
[27:32] | I’m gonna go help my daughter with her homework. | 我要去教我女儿做功课 |
[27:35] | Hey, Penny! Wait up! | 嘿 Penny! 等等我! |
[28:18] | Yard sale! | 院庭旧货出售! |
[28:21] | Oh! Good. You’re here. | 哦! 太好了 你在这儿 |
[28:24] | How are you, Eli? | 你过得怎样 Eli? |
[28:26] | Fine. You? | 不错 你呢? |
[28:28] | Great. Yeah, I haven’t worn these jeans in a while, | 很好 瞧 这条牛仔裤我好久没穿过了 |
[28:31] | And I found 20 bucks in the pocket. | 我还在这口袋里找到20美元 |
[28:33] | Don’t you just love when that happens? | 有这样的美事感觉很好吧? |
[28:36] | Also, Karl left me for his secretary, | 还有 Karl因为他秘书抛弃了我 |
[28:38] | So I need you to change these locks. | 所以我要你把这些锁都给换了 |
[28:40] | Oh, I’m so sorry. | 哦 我抱歉 |
[28:42] | Oh, thanks, but don’t be. Just hurry. | 哦 谢谢 不过不需要 你抓紧点吧 |
[28:44] | Karl said he was coming by to get some of his stuff, | Karl说他要过来拿回他的东西 |
[28:48] | And I want this place to be a fortress by then. | 我要他过来的时候进不了家门 |
[28:51] | You’re doing all right, though? | 你还好吧? |
[28:53] | Oh, well, on one hand, | 哦 是的 一方面 |
[28:55] | I got dumped for a pair of headlights named Brandy. | 我因为一个叫做Brady的瘦削女人而被抛弃了 |
[28:58] | On the other, I reported Karl’s credit cards stolen, | 另一外面 我给Karl的信用卡报失挂停了 |
[29:01] | And I cut the pockets out of all of his pants. | 我还把他的裤兜都剪烂了 |
[29:04] | So a little from column “a”, a little from column “b”. | 所以你敬我一尺 我敬你一丈 |
[29:08] | Oh. Sorry. | 哦 抱歉 |
[29:14] | Well, if it’s any consolation, redheads are nuts. | 哦 值得安慰的是 红头发的是魔鬼(西方传说) |
[29:17] | What do you mean? | 你这话是什么意思? |
[29:19] | That she’ll make his life a living hell. | 她会使得他如同生活地炼狱 |
[29:21] | It sounds like what he deserves. | 这听起来他罪有应得 |
[29:23] | Brandy’s not a redhead. She’s blonde. | Brandy不是红头发的 她是黄头发的 |
[29:30] | So, uh, you maybe want to go with a dead bolt this time? | 那么 呃 你现在想把门给锁死吗? |
[29:36] | What… Do… You… Know? | 你都… 知道些… 什么? |
[29:43] | I saw him around town a couple times with a redhead. | 我有两次看到过他带着一个红头发的女人回来 |
[29:46] | Uh, people in the neighborhood were talking. | 呃 周围的人都在谈论呢 |
[29:48] | I… I thought you knew. | 我… 我以为你知道 |
[29:50] | I didn’t. | 我不知道 |
[29:53] | Would you feel any better | 那你现在好受点了吗 |
[29:55] | Knowing that, uh, she’s kinda chubby? | 因为知道 呃 其实是个丰满的女人? |
[29:57] | Just leave! | 给我出去! |
[30:00] | But what… but what about the locks? | 那这些… 这些锁怎么办? |
[30:01] | I… if Karl’s coming… | 我… 如果Karl过来… |
[30:03] | Change the locks, then leave. | 换好锁 然后出去 |
[30:06] | Okay, but I really am sorry… | 好的 我真的很抱歉… |
[30:09] | Change the locks, don’t talk to me, then leave. | 换好锁 不要跟我说话 然后出去 |
[30:19] | Susan? | |
[30:23] | Susan, did you call me? | Susan 是你给我打电话吗? |
[30:25] | I couldn’t really understand the message. | 我听不懂你的口信是什么意思 |
[30:31] | Oh, wow. | 哦 天啊 |
[30:33] | You want me to come back later? | 你要我一会儿再来吗? |
[30:36] | Are you all right? | 你还好吧? |
[30:41] | No. Of course you’re not. | 是啊 你当然不好过了 |
[30:45] | I heard you and Mike are getting divorced. | 我听说你跟Mike离婚了 |
[30:47] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[30:49] | Probably not what you want to hear, | 或许你不想听到这个 |
[30:51] | But I thought you were a great couple. | 但我以前觉得你们是很好的一对 |
[30:54] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[30:55] | Sweet. | 真贴心 |
[31:05] | Do you… maybe you remember what you wanted me to do? | 你… 或许你还记得你曾过叫我干什么吗? |
[31:11] | Locks. | 换锁 |
[31:12] | Change the locks. Got it. | 换锁 明白了 |
[31:14] | Let me go see what I got out in the truck. | 让我看看 我车上有什么工具 |
[31:38] | Susan… | |
[31:39] | I don’t know much about love. | 我不太了解爱是什么 |
[31:42] | I… I dabbled in it once or twice, | 我曾经… 爱过一两次吧 |
[31:45] | But it always seemed more trouble than it was worth. | 但似乎它招来的烦恼远多于回报 |
[31:49] | I told myself I wasn’t missing much. | 我安慰自己 我没有错过什么 |
[31:52] | But watching you all these years, | 但这些年来 看着你 |
[31:58] | how… how hard you’ve tried, how… | 你… 一直努力着… |
[32:04] | how hurt you’ve been, | 不论受到多大伤害 |
[32:05] | but you still… | 你仍然… |
[32:07] | keep getting back up, you dust yourself off, | 努力着 重新振作 |
[32:11] | then you try again. | 又一次投入其中 |
[32:13] | Maybe I am… | 或许我… |
[32:16] | missing something. | 确实错过了很多 |
[32:18] | Maybe… | 或许… |
[32:21] | maybe it is worth it. | 这一切都是值得的 |
[32:25] | And, um, I’m sure it’s not gonna help | 呃 我知道听我说这些 |
[32:28] | for you to hear me tell you this, | 并不能带给你多大的帮助 |
[32:31] | but you’re damn heroic to me. | 但在我看来 你很伟大 |
[32:35] | You are. | 是真的 |
[32:44] | Yeah. | 好了 |
[32:51] | Hey. Just dropping these off. I finally got ’em cut. | 嗨 我是来给你这个 终于配好了 |
[32:55] | Tell Jackson I’m sorry it took me so long. | 花了这么长时间 替我向Jackson道声歉 |
[32:57] | Actually, um… | 事实上 呃… |
[33:00] | Jackson and I split up. | 我和Jackson分手了 |
[33:02] | Wow. I’m sorry. | 噢 我很抱歉 |
[33:05] | Am I sorry? | 需要我这么说吗? |
[33:06] | Oh, yeah. | 噢 也许吧 |
[33:08] | He’s a great guy. | 他很好 |
[33:10] | I just, uh, | 只是我 呃 |
[33:13] | want to be alone right now. | 现在想一个人过 |
[33:15] | Well, good for you. | 噢 这很好 |
[33:17] | Oh, hey. Mm? | 噢 嘿 呃? |
[33:19] | As long as you’re here, | 既然你来了 |
[33:21] | I think there’s a loose shingle on my roof. | 我的房顶上有块木瓦松脱了 |
[33:23] | Do you think maybe you could fix it for me? | 你能帮我修理下吗? |
[33:27] | Oh, I’d be happy to. | 噢 我很乐意 |
[33:29] | But just so you know, | 只是 你要知道 |
[33:31] | It’ll be the last thing I ever fix for you. I’m retiring. | 这是我最后一次帮你修理东西了 我要退休了 |
[33:34] | What? | 什么? |
[33:35] | Today’s my last day. | 今天是我最后一天工作了 |
[33:37] | You can’t retire. I break too many things. | 你不能退休… 我经常弄坏东西 |
[33:41] | I know. You paid for the trip to Hawaii I’m gonna take. | 我知道 我去夏威夷的钱都是从你那赚来的 |
[33:44] | No, it’s the right move. Be happy for me. | 可不行 我得退休了 替我高兴吧 |
[33:47] | Hey, I am happy for you. | 喂 我的确为你高兴 |
[33:49] | It’s just, uh… | 只是 呃… |
[33:51] | This is gonna sound crazy. | 听起来也许有点不可思议 |
[33:54] | What? | 什么? |
[33:56] | Um, I think you have been | 呃 我一直把你视为 |
[33:58] | the most consistent male relationship in my life. | 在我生命中最为牢靠的男性朋友 |
[34:01] | You’re so stable and reliable, and I just… | 你是这么的稳重可靠 我… |
[34:04] | always thought you’d be around. | 总是以为你会一直在我身边 |
[34:09] | Which is funny, because I don’t really know anything about you. | 最可笑的是 我几乎对你一无所知 |
[34:13] | Well, how about this… I fix your shingle, | 那么 要不这样… 我帮你修理屋瓦 |
[34:17] | and when I’m done, you can ask me anything you want. | 修好之后 随你想问什么都行 |
[34:20] | Great. | 太棒了 |
[34:21] | I will go to the store right now and get some wine | 我现在就去商店买些酒回来 |
[34:24] | so we can toast your retirement. | 好为你的退休庆祝一下 |
[34:26] | I like that. Perfect way to end my time on Wisteria Lane. | 我喜欢 给我的紫藤街生活一个完美谢幕 |
[34:31] | Ok. | 好 |
[34:33] | What kind do you like… red or white? | 你要哪种的… 红酒还是白酒? |
[34:36] | Either one. Just make sure it’s a screw top. | 随便 只要没有开过的就行 |
[34:51] | Eli Scraggs was buried on Saturday, | Eli Scraggs的葬礼是在周六 |
[34:55] | and all the people that Eli had helped over the years | 这些年里 所有曾被Eli帮助过的人 |
[34:58] | came to pay their last respects. | 都去送上他们最后的敬意 |
[35:02] | But one person was missing. | 除了一个人… |
[35:05] | Someone who had changed Eli’s life | 那个人 用他永远无法忘怀的方式 |
[35:09] | in a way he never forgot. | 改变了Eli的一生 |
[35:13] | Excuse me, ma’am, | 不好意思 夫人 |
[35:14] | hope I’m not interrupting your day. | 希望我没有打扰到你 |
[35:17] | Not at all. Can I help you? | 没关系 有什么事可以帮你的吗? |
[35:19] | I was hoping I could help you. I’m a handyman. | 那正是我想要问的 我是一个杂务工 |
[35:22] | Just moved into town. Looking for work. | 我刚搬进这里 想找份工作 |
[35:24] | Sorry. I, um, I don’t have anything that needs fixing. | 不好意思 我 呃 我这没有需要维修的东西 |
[35:28] | Well, if you ever do, uh, here’s my card. | 好吧 如果你有需要的话 呃 这是我的名片 |
[35:31] | Eli Scruggs | |
[35:35] | What a distinctive name. | 很特别的名字呢 |
[35:36] | People do seem to remember it. | 似乎大家都记得住 |
[35:38] | So if any of your friends, uh, need help, | 那么 如果你的朋友需要帮忙的话 |
[35:40] | – I can do pretty much anything. – I don’t know. Um… | – 很多方面我都能帮上忙的 – 我不知道 呃… |
[35:44] | If you have a extra card or two, I… I could hand them out. | 你能再给我几张名片吗 我好给她们 |
[35:47] | Oh, I’d really appreciate that. | 噢 十分感谢 |
[35:49] | Oh. Oh. | 噢 哦 |
[36:08] | Anyway… | 无论如何… |
[36:11] | Thank you for your time. | 谢谢你 打扰了 |
[36:15] | I have a broken vase. | 我有个坏了的花瓶 |
[36:17] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么? |
[36:19] | I… I was, uh, dusting the other day | 我… 有一天 我打扫卫生时 |
[36:21] | and knocked it off the bureau, like an idiot. | 不小心 像笨蛋一样让它从桌子上摔下来了 |
[36:24] | Anyway, I saved the pieces. | 还好 我把碎片都留下来了 |
[36:25] | If you could glue it back together for me, | 如果你能把它们粘回去 |
[36:28] | I’d really appreciate it. | 我会十分感谢的 |
[36:29] | Oh, ma’am, you don’t have to do that. | 噢 太太 你用不着那样做的 |
[36:32] | Mr Scruggs, | Scruggs先生 |
[36:35] | I need my vase fixed. | 我希望我的花瓶能修好 |
[36:37] | It means a lot to me. | 它对我意义重大 |
[36:41] | Now you’re not gonna make me beg, are you? | 你总不会让我求你吧? |
[36:46] | No, ma’am, I’m not. | 不会 太太 不用 |
[36:48] | Good. | 太好了 |
[36:50] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[37:03] | Mrs Young? | Young太太? |
[37:04] | Oh. Didn’t mean to disturb you. | 噢 我没想打扰你 |
[37:07] | Your front door was wide open. | 你的前门大开着 |
[37:09] | Oh. | 噢 |
[37:11] | Eli, I… I don’t have any work for you today. | Eli 我… 我今天没有什么需要你帮忙的 |
[37:14] | I’m just here to drop off that handle you wanted. | 我只是过来给你这个门把手 |
[37:17] | Finally found one that matched. Want me to install it? | 好不容易找到适用的 需要我现在帮你装上吗? |
[37:21] | Not today. | 今天不用 |
[37:23] | Okay. | 好的 |
[37:25] | I’ll just be going then. | 那我先走了 |
[37:29] | Eli, wait. | Eli 等等 |
[37:33] | What? | 什么? |
[37:36] | Do you remember this? | 你还记得这个吗? |
[37:38] | – Oh, right. – This is the very first thing you ever fixed for me. | – 哦 是的 – 这是你帮我修理的第一件东西 |
[37:42] | – Yeah, that must have been what, uh, two years ago? – Yeah. | – 是的 那都是 呃 两年前的事了? – 是啊 |
[37:45] | – Is that glue really held, huh? – Yeah. | – 那个胶水还真好用呢? – 是啊 |
[37:48] | I want you to have it. | 我想把它送你 |
[37:50] | What? | 什么? |
[37:53] | Why? | 为什么? |
[37:55] | I’ve just been doing some thinking | 我正在想着 |
[37:58] | about the people I know, | 那些我认识的人 |
[38:00] | the ones who’ve walked into my life | 那些走进我的生活 |
[38:02] | and made it better than it was before… | 使之更为美好的人… |
[38:05] | people like you. | 像你一样 |
[38:07] | Anyway, I’ve… I’ve… I’ve never said “thank you.” | 总而言之 我… 我… 我从未对你说过一句”谢谢” |
[38:10] | Oh, no, I’m… I’m the one who should thank you. | 噢 不 我… 我才要对你说谢谢 |
[38:13] | You… you introduced me to all your friends. | 是你… 是你把我介绍给你的朋友们 |
[38:16] | My business couldn’t be better. | 我的工作才开始有起色的 |
[38:18] | I’m so glad. | 我很荣幸 |
[38:22] | Anyway, I, uh, I want you to have this. | 无论如何 我想要你拿着这个 |
[38:31] | Mrs Young. | Young太太 |
[38:34] | Are you all right? | 你还好吧? |
[38:37] | Everything’s fine. | 一切都很好 |
[38:45] | Are you sure? | 真的? |
[38:52] | You should go now. | 你该走了 |
[39:31] | So I look in the window, | 然后我看进窗户 |
[39:34] | and there’s blood everywhere… | 里面到处都是血… |
[39:35] | all over the walls and the ceiling… | 整个墙面 天花板都是… |
[39:38] | Not to mention, her hardwood floors, | 更不用说她家的实木地板 |
[39:40] | which she just had installed last week. | 她上个礼拜才装好的 |
[39:42] | I don’t know what she was thinking. | 我不明白她到底是在想什么 |
[39:45] | I just wish there had been some warning, | 真希望有什么先兆 |
[39:48] | some sign that she would do such a thing. | 暗示她会这么做 |
[40:14] | Eli Scruggs sat in his truck for almost an hour, | Eli Scruggs在车里坐了将近一个小时 |
[40:19] | devastated that he had done nothing to save me. | 为他什么也没做 没能拯救我而感到难过 |
[40:23] | He then made a quiet vow to god… | 那时 他暗自向上帝许下誓言… |
[40:28] | from that moment forward, | 从那一刻起 |
[40:30] | he would do what he could to help people, | 他将尽其所能去帮助他人 |
[40:33] | to help them fix their lives. | 帮助他们修复自己的生活 |
[40:38] | And for the rest of his life, | 而他在之后的人生 |
[40:42] | that’s exactly what he did. | 所做的正如他曾许愿的那样 |
[40:56] | That was a lovely service. | 这个做的不错 |
[40:57] | Eli would’ve liked it. | Eli一定会喜欢的 |
[40:59] | – Hell of a turnout. – Who knew he had so many friends? | – 世事难料 – 谁料到他会有这么多的朋友呢? |
[41:03] | I’m not surprised. He was a good man. | 这并不奇怪 他是个好人 |
[41:06] | I can’t help feeling | 我止不住的想 |
[41:07] | there’s more we could have done to honor him. | 我们能做得更多 用以悼念他 |
[41:09] | Well, let’s just make sure we remember him. | 噢 我们只要确保永远记住他就行了 |
[41:11] | Eli would have said that’s more than most people get. | Eli会说这将比大多数人得到的还要多 |
[41:14] | And he would have been right… | 那他说的一定会是对的… |
[41:17] | As usual. | 一如既往 |
[41:26] | Wait. | 等等 |
[41:43] | I wanted to fix something for Eli for a change. | 我想转换角色 也帮Eli修一次东西 |
[41:56] | And somewhere, | 在某处 |
[41:58] | in a place reserved for the very best of us, | 一个聚集着最美好的灵魂的地方 |
[42:01] | Eli Scruggs smiled and said, “thank you.” | Eli Scruggs微笑着说了句”谢谢” |