时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Susan’s new boyfriend met the family. | 苏珊的新男友见了家人 |
[00:05] | -Who are you? -hi. | -你是谁 -你好 |
[00:06] | I’m mike, the ex-husband. ah. | 我是麦克 她前夫 |
[00:09] | Gaby’s life was no longer glamorous. | 加布的生活不再光环四耀 |
[00:12] | It’s official. I’ve lost everything– | 这次很正式 我什么都没了 |
[00:14] | First, our money, then my figure, | 首先是钱 其次我的身材 |
[00:17] | Now the last threads of our social standing. | 现在是社会地位 |
[00:18] | gaby, we have a home, | 加布 我们有家 |
[00:20] | And we have two beautiful little girls. | 还有两个漂亮的女儿 |
[00:22] | Danielle’s decision was devastating… | 丹妮尔的决定让人绝望 |
[00:25] | Please, just don’t take him! benjamin is all I have. | 求你 不要带走他 本杰明是我的一切 |
[00:28] | You’re just gonna have to find something else. | 你还会有其它的 |
[00:30] | And edie’s new husband showed a dark side. | 伊迪的新任丈夫显出了阴暗面 |
[00:33] | I would consider it a personal favor | 如果你跟伊迪道歉 |
[00:35] | If you’d apologize to edie. -no. | -我会把它看作是给我的个人情面 -不 |
[00:37] | Now it seems to me that a woman like you | 看起来像你这种女人 |
[00:39] | Would like to keep the few friends that she has left. | 会很珍惜仅有的朋友 |
[00:41] | I think you’d better go. | 你最好出去 |
[00:43] | -Why would you bring me flowers? -’cause you got a computer, | -为什么送花给我 -因为你有电脑 |
[00:45] | And I need to find out some stuff about edie’s husband. | 我需要查些伊迪老公的资料 |
[00:53] | Benjamin katz was 6 years old, | 本杰明・卡茨6岁 |
[00:56] | And there were a lot of things he didn’t understand. | 他有很多事情不明白 |
[01:00] | He wasn’t sure why the woman you call “mommy” | 他不明白为什么一直称之为”妈妈”的人 |
[01:04] | Isn’t always your mother. | 并不总是自己的妈妈 |
[01:07] | Or how the man who was always there for him | 或是一直陪伴他的那个人 |
[01:11] | Could suddenly be taken away. | 怎么会突然间被带走 |
[01:15] | Or why you could go for a ride… | 或者只是开车外出 |
[01:18] | And never come back home. | 却永远不再回去 |
[01:22] | Yes, there were a lot of things | 是的 有很多事情 |
[01:24] | Benjamin katz couldn’t understand, | 本杰明都不明白 |
[01:27] | And no one seemed in a hurry | 也没有人急于 |
[01:30] | To explain them. | 跟他解释 |
[01:32] | Here they come, finally. | 他们终于来了 |
[01:34] | You know, bree, things will be a little strange at first, | 布里 事情刚开始会有点奇怪 |
[01:37] | So please, be on your best behavior. | 拜托 好好表现 |
[01:39] | I do not require lectures on tact. | 我不需要你告诉我技巧 |
[01:41] | I know. it’s just that we’ve missed benjy so much, | 我理解 我们太想本杰了 |
[01:44] | And it’s taken so many olive branches | 而且久经波折 |
[01:46] | To get them to come back. | 他才回来 |
[01:47] | I’m aware of what’s at stake, orson. | 奥森 我清楚今日来之不易 |
[01:49] | Good. so if you feel an impulse to criticize something, | 很好 所以 如果你有责怪事情的冲动 |
[01:51] | You’ll keep the thought to yourself. | 一定要忍住 |
[01:53] | Hi! | 你们好 |
[01:56] | I’ve already started. | 我已经开始忍了 |
[01:58] | Danielle! what a delightfully ethnic ensemble. | 丹妮尔 衣服真漂亮 |
[02:03] | -Hey, mom, orson. -hi, danielle. | -你们好 妈妈 奥森 -你好 丹妮尔 |
[02:06] | Oh, I want you to meet my husband leo. | 这是我老公 里奥 |
[02:08] | It’s nice to finally meet both of you in person. | 跟你们见面真高兴 |
[02:10] | lovely to meet you, leo. | 里奥 见到你很开心 |
[02:11] | Hey, who’s this little linebacker? | 这小家伙是谁啊 |
[02:13] | -Hi, benjy. remember me? -I’m not sure. | -你好 本杰 还记得我吗 -不记得 |
[02:17] | That’s okay. that’s what this visit is for, right? | 没关系 所以你们要过来看看 |
[02:20] | Getting to know each other. | 了解下对方 |
[02:22] | Now we have you for the whole weekend, right? | 你这周末都会在这了 是吧 |
[02:25] | Yep, whole three days. | 是的 整整三天 |
[02:26] | Oh, good. ’cause we’ve made lots of plans. | 太好了 因为我们做了很多安排 |
[02:28] | We’re gonna take you to the circus | 我们打算带你去马戏团 |
[02:31] | -If it’s okay with your folks. -can I go, danielle? | -如果你爸妈没意见的话 -丹妮尔 我能去吗 |
[02:34] | “danielle”? did he just call you “danielle”? | “丹妮尔” 他直接叫你”丹妮尔” |
[02:36] | Well, it is my name. | 那就是我的名字啊 |
[02:38] | Yes, I’m aware of that. I picked it. | 这个我知道 还是我起的 |
[02:41] | I’m just concerned | 我只是觉得 |
[02:43] | People might view it as a sign of, um, disrespect. | 人们会把这看成 不敬 |
[02:46] | By “people,” you mean you? | “人们” 你是说你自己吧 |
[02:49] | Uh… leo. look at all the luggage you have here. | 里奥 拿了这么多行李啊 |
[02:52] | -I’ll give you a hand here. -okay. oh, thanks. | -我来帮忙 -谢谢 |
[02:55] | Um… let me be clear. | 我说清楚点 |
[02:57] | I do not want him calling me “bree.” | 我可不想让他叫我”布里” |
[02:59] | Oh, don’t worry. I told him to call you “granny.” | 不用担心 我告诉过他了 叫你”外婆” |
[03:04] | Yes, benjamin katz was only 6 years old, | 是的 尽管本杰明・卡茨只有6岁 |
[03:07] | But even he could understand | 他都知道 |
[03:09] | This was going to be… | 这会是 |
[03:12] | A long weekend. | 一个漫长的周末 |
[03:25] | Any child will tell you | 孩子们都知道 |
[03:27] | That where you find a playground, | 有游乐场的地方 |
[03:29] | You will also find… | 也会有 |
[03:32] | Bullies– | 恶霸 |
[03:33] | Young tyrants who bring pain… | 小霸王会带来伤痛 |
[03:37] | Intimidation… | 惊吓 |
[03:41] | And violence. | 和暴力 |
[03:43] | What can children do in the face of such torment? | 受到这种欺凌时 孩子们会怎么做 |
[03:46] | Well, there is one obvious option, | 当然 有个明显的答案 |
[03:50] | But not every child is eager to go running home to mother. | 但不是每个孩子都会跑回家找妈妈 |
[03:55] | Ugh. hey. hon. | 宝贝 |
[03:57] | How was the park? wait. hold on. | 公园里怎么样 等等 |
[03:59] | Mommy just found her first gray hair. | 妈妈刚发现了第一根白发 |
[04:02] | I need you to grab it, yank it and never speak of it again. | 把我拔下来 从此不要再提它 |
[04:06] | Oh. look at your face. | 看你的脸 |
[04:09] | It’s scratched. | 被抓伤了 |
[04:11] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[04:12] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[04:14] | And your shirt is ripped. | 衣服也破了 |
[04:17] | That’s the second time this week. | 这周已经第二次了 |
[04:19] | Is someone picking on you? | 有人欺负你吗 |
[04:25] | Who is it? | 是谁 |
[04:26] | Is it jeffrey hixon, that weird kid who eats paper? | 是不是杰弗里・海克森 那个吃纸的怪小孩 |
[04:31] | Is it timmy crowley? | 或者蒂米・克罗利 |
[04:33] | His mom slept in her car last night. | 他妈妈昨晚在车里睡的 |
[04:35] | Who knows what’s going on there? | 谁知道发生什么了 |
[04:38] | Is it that boy from your birthday, | 是不是你生日时 |
[04:41] | The one who slugged the pony? | 欺负小马的那个男孩 |
[04:44] | Oh, sweetie. I know you’re upset, | 宝贝 我知道你不开心 |
[04:47] | But you’ll feel better if you talk about it. | 如果说出来 感觉会好多的 |
[04:50] | And there’s nothing you can’t tell me. I’m your mommy. | 什么事都可以跟我说 我是你妈妈嘛 |
[04:54] | I wanna talk to daddy. | 我想跟爸爸说 |
[05:00] | Okay. | 行 |
[05:03] | We’ll give him a call. | 我们这就给他打电话 |
[05:10] | You’re not gonna find another one in this condition. | 你不会找到第二辆保持的这么好的车了 |
[05:13] | I mean, the car is a classic. | 这辆车很棒 |
[05:15] | Well, what do you think, nabila? | 娜比拉 你感觉怎么样 |
[05:17] | Eh. I like it. I don’t love it. | 我喜欢它 但是不爱它 |
[05:19] | Tell you what. | 知道吗 |
[05:21] | Gaby and I want to find our car a nice home. | 加布和我想给我们的车找到好的新归宿 |
[05:24] | So I’m prepared to knock a grand off. | 所以我决定 再少一千 |
[05:25] | -What do you say? -I say knock off 5 grand, and we’ll talk. | -你认为怎么样 -再减五千 我们可以谈谈 |
[05:29] | Oh, come on. it’s already priced way below blue book, | 别这样 已经比标的价格低了 |
[05:30] | -Not to mention it’s mint. -this is not mint. | -更不用说这车还是崭新的 -才不是崭新的 |
[05:34] | Hey, can you not see this ding in the bumper here? | 你看到没有 保险杠这里有点凹进去了 |
[05:37] | Okay, this car goes zero to 60 in 5 seconds. | 这辆车能在5秒内从0发动到60 |
[05:40] | By the time someone says, “wow, a ding,” | 某人说”噢 凹陷”的这段时间 |
[05:42] | -You’re in the next county. -4 grand, you got yourself a deal. | -就已经开到下个郡了 -四千 成交 |
[05:45] | Deal. | 成交 |
[05:47] | What? no! no, no deal! | 什么 不不 不行 |
[05:49] | The nondriving blind guy does not speak for me. | 这位不开车的盲人没跟我商量 |
[05:52] | Would you excuse us? | 失陪下 |
[05:54] | Gaby, we’ve been trying to move this car for a month. | 加布 我们想方设法卖车已经一个月了 |
[05:57] | We need the cash. | 我们需要现金 |
[05:58] | God, isn’t there any way we can keep it? | 天哪 我们不卖就不行吗 |
[06:01] | I mean, this car’s the last thing I have | 这车是我仅有的东西 |
[06:04] | That tells the world, “i’m better than you.” | 可以告诉别人 “我比你强” |
[06:06] | Sorry, babe. we have to pay the mortgage. | 抱歉 宝贝 我们要付按揭 |
[06:09] | We can’t afford to be better than anyone. | 我们付不起比别人强的资本了 |
[06:18] | Here. | 给 |
[06:20] | Take good care of her. | 好好对车 |
[06:22] | Actually, it’s not for us. it’s for our nanny. | 实际上 这车不是买给我们的 给保姆的 |
[06:29] | Okay, that one hurt. | 那话真伤人 |
[06:36] | So what’d you dig up on mr. x.? | 关于某人你发现了什么 |
[06:39] | You mean dave? | 你指大卫吗 |
[06:40] | -Nothing yet. -it’s been two days. what gives? | -还没什么 -两天了 怎么可能 |
[06:43] | Well, for starters, when I search for “dave williams,” | 刚开始 我搜”大卫・威廉姆斯”时 |
[06:46] | I get a million and a half hits. | 有一堆搜索结果 |
[06:48] | To narrow it down, I’m gonna need more information, | 要缩小范围 我需要更多信息 |
[06:50] | Like where he was born, where he went to school. | 像他出生地 毕业学校 |
[06:53] | -Did he serve time in the military? -oh, believe me, | -是否服过役之类 -相信我 |
[06:56] | If he served time, it was in the state pen. | 如果他服过役的话 也是在州立监狱 |
[06:58] | Hey! dave! | 大卫 你好 |
[07:00] | Morning, ladies. | 早上好 女士们 |
[07:02] | -Sick bastard. -how are you? | -恶心的小杂种 -你好吗 |
[07:05] | Hey, katherine, | 你好 凯瑟琳 |
[07:06] | Your sprinkler system working okay now? | 喷水器今天工作还正常吧 |
[07:08] | Like a charm. and thanks again. | 很好 谢谢 |
[07:10] | -I’ve never been able to get that to work. -oh, I hear ya. | -以前从来不工作的 -我听到了 |
[07:13] | To program those things, you need an engineering degree. | 要修理那些东西 你需要有工程学学位 |
[07:15] | Oh, yeah? you got one of those? | 是吗 你有吗 |
[07:18] | Anyway… really appreciate it. | 总之 很感谢你 |
[07:20] | Take care. | 保重 |
[07:25] | I just can’t go through with this. | 我就是不明白 |
[07:27] | He–he just strikes me as so nice. | 他对我这么好 |
[07:29] | That’s supposed to comfort me, | 是不是要我 |
[07:32] | Given your track record with men? | 做个你跟男人相处的记录 |
[07:34] | Katherine, please. | 凯瑟琳 拜托 |
[07:37] | The guy is bad news. | 这人来者不善 |
[07:39] | I can’t prove it, but I feel it in my bones. | 我还没证据 但我有预感 |
[07:42] | And I can’t sit around doing nothing when I know | 我不能什么都不做 就这么眼睁睁地 |
[07:45] | That edie’s waking up every morning next to him. | 看着伊迪每天早上在他身边醒来 |
[07:49] | If anyone finds out we’re doing this… | 如果有人知道我们在做这个 |
[07:51] | No one will know. | 没人会知道 |
[07:53] | And when they do, they’ll probably thank us. | 她们一旦知道 说不定会感谢我们 |
[07:56] | Because I’m telling ya, this guy is up to something. | 我告诉你 那家伙一定有什么企图 |
[08:04] | Cleaning out the old garage– my deepest sympathy. | 清理旧车库 致以深切的慰问 |
[08:07] | Hey, dave. you–you settling in okay? | 大卫 适应的还不错吧 |
[08:11] | Well, they finally delivered my flat screen. | 他们终于把我的平板电视送来了 |
[08:14] | I was dying without it. I mean, it is 65 inches. | 没它我简直没法活 它有65英寸 |
[08:17] | Wow. sweet! | 不错哦 |
[08:19] | Hey, w–the play-offs are on. you should come check it out. | 现在在直播决赛 你应该去看看 |
[08:22] | It’s like being right on the field. | 就像是在现场一样 |
[08:25] | Um, lynette’s really busting my hump | 勒奈特说了 |
[08:27] | About clearing this place out, so… | 我要清理这个地方 所以 |
[08:29] | Well, maybe later. | 过会可以再去 |
[08:31] | The game doesn’t start for a couple hours. | 也没开始多久 |
[08:33] | We could order one of those giant sandwiches. | 我们可以订些大的三明治 |
[08:35] | Sorry, but, you know, check back with me, | 抱歉 你也知道 |
[08:36] | -Make sure I survive this whole thing. -okay. | -这些东西多恼人 -好 |
[08:39] | Hi, dave. | 大卫 你好 |
[08:40] | Hi. | 你好 |
[08:41] | Hey, tom? | 汤姆 |
[08:42] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[08:44] | Why are there two piles? | 怎么有两堆东西 |
[08:46] | Well, that’s the pile that I’m throwing away, | 那边是不要的 |
[08:48] | And, uh, this is the stuff I still need. | 这些是要留着的 |
[08:51] | You need unopened mountain climbing equipment from 1986? | 你需要1986年未启封的爬山装置吗 |
[08:55] | You don’t climb mountains. | 你不爬山的 |
[08:57] | Not yet, but someday. I mean, you know… who knows? | 还没 也许某天会 这事说不准 谁知道呢 |
[09:01] | I know. you get winded just climbing out of the tub. | 我知道 从浴缸里出来你都会气喘吁吁的 |
[09:04] | You’re never gonna climb a mountain. | 你不会去爬山的 |
[09:06] | You know what else you’re never gonna do? | 你还知道自己永远不会做什么吗 |
[09:08] | Learn german, make your own beer or… | 学德语 自己造啤酒 或者 |
[09:11] | Have 8 minute abs. | 弄个8分钟的刹车系统 |
[09:12] | -Come on, not the ab-tastic. -toss it, and keep tossing | -拜托 这东西不能扔 -扔了它 都扔了 |
[09:16] | Until this 2-car garage can hold at least one car. | 直到这个两车型车库容得下一辆车 |
[09:23] | Please tell me you’re not getting rid of your bass. | 别告诉我你把电吉他也要扔了 |
[09:26] | No point in hanging on to it. | 没必要留着 |
[09:28] | I mean, being in a band is just one more thing I’ll never do. | 加入乐队是我永远不会做的另一件事 |
[09:32] | Before he moved, mike and i, | 麦克搬走前 |
[09:34] | We used to get together on saturdays and just… jam. | 我们会在每周六小聚下 真是 给你说 |
[09:37] | Man, that was fun. | 那感觉很好 |
[09:39] | You know, I play the drums. | 你知道吗 我会打架子鼓 |
[09:41] | Maybe you and I should jam sometime. | 或许有时间我们可以聚聚 |
[09:46] | I guess we could. | 我认为我们可以 |
[09:48] | Maybe even later today? just… | 今天晚些时候如何 |
[09:50] | Yeah! yeah, you know what? just give me a couple hours. | 好 好 给我两三个小时 |
[09:53] | -I gotta stash these old “playboys.” -I’ll see you later. | -我要把这些”老伙计”藏起来 -过会见 |
[10:14] | Now remember, you can’t just start grilling edie, | 记住 不要咄咄逼人地问伊迪 |
[10:16] | Or she’ll get suspicious. we have to be subtle. | 她会怀疑 我们要旁敲侧击 |
[10:20] | I’ll just follow your lead. | 都听你的 |
[10:23] | Okay. | 好 |
[10:24] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉 我迟到了 |
[10:27] | What a great idea! | 这主意真好 |
[10:29] | I haven’t done this in ages– a fun lunch with the girls. | 好久没这样了 跟女孩子们一起吃午餐 |
[10:33] | Yeah, it’s fun. | 是啊 很有意思 |
[10:35] | Where was dave born? | 大卫在哪出生的 |
[10:37] | What? | 什么 |
[10:40] | We were just wondering | 我们刚才在想 |
[10:42] | Where he got his great… manners. | 他在哪里学的那些 礼仪 |
[10:44] | He’s got that gentle bearing | 他的行为举止 |
[10:46] | Of a… southern gentleman. | 很像南方的绅士 |
[10:49] | No, he’s from somewhere in the midwest. | 不 他来自中西部某个地方 |
[10:51] | “somewhere”? | “某个地方” |
[10:52] | You don’t know where your husband grew up? | 你不知道你老公的家乡 |
[10:55] | Well, he showed me a picture of his childhood home once. | 他给我看过他小时候家里的照片 |
[10:58] | It had a cow in it. I lost interest. | 里面有头母牛 我没什么兴趣接着看了 |
[11:00] | Honestly, edie, how can you be married to a guy | 老实说 伊迪 你怎么能连这些都不了解 |
[11:03] | And not know these things? | 就嫁给他了呢 |
[11:05] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[11:07] | I think it’s time to order. where’s our waitress? | 我觉得该点菜了 我们的服务员在哪 |
[11:09] | I’ll be right with you, mrs. mayfair. | 我就来 梅菲尔夫人 |
[11:11] | Oh, no problem, debbie. you take your time. | 没关系 黛比 慢慢来 |
[11:14] | She is such a sweet girl. | 她真是个好女孩 |
[11:16] | She’s saving money for college. | 在攒钱上大学 |
[11:20] | Speaking of which… where did dave go to college? | 说到这 大卫在哪读的大学 |
[11:23] | Come on, debbie! while we’re young! | 黛比 快点 我们等不急了 |
[11:25] | I don’t know. | 我不清楚 |
[11:27] | All right. what about high school? | 没关系 那他的中学呢 |
[11:30] | Why are you asking me all these questions? | 你为什么老问我这种问题 |
[11:32] | I just think it’s odd that you’re married to some guy– | 我只是觉得 你对那个人什么都不了解 |
[11:35] | You don’t know anything about him. | 就嫁给他 太奇怪了 |
[11:38] | Other than the fact that he’s a lovely man. | 但我们知道事实 他人很好 |
[11:41] | He… fixed my sprinkler. | 他 帮我修好了喷水器 |
[11:45] | I don’t want to talk about this anymore. | 我不想再谈论这些了 |
[11:47] | I’m going to the ladies’ room. | 我要去洗手间 |
[11:53] | Well, your subtle approach got us nowhere. | 你的旁敲侧击没什么结果 |
[11:58] | I’ve been through a lot with this baby. | 我跟这个宝贝在一起很久了 |
[12:00] | I hate to sell her, but, you know, | 真不舍得卖掉她 但你知道 |
[12:01] | With my new sports car coming, I don’t really need it. | 我的新跑车就来了 不再需要它了 |
[12:04] | Yeah. here she is. | 这就是了 |
[12:10] | How’s it look? | 看起来如何 |
[12:12] | Be glad you’re blind. | 还好你眼睛看不到 |
[12:13] | We have to be practical. | 我们要实际点 |
[12:15] | We just need something to get us from point “a” to point “b.” | 我们只是需要载乘的工具而已 |
[12:18] | -Now let’s buy the thing. -okay, just let me handle this. | -我们买了它 -行了 让我来搞定 |
[12:22] | So… do we have a sale? | 怎么样 要买吗 |
[12:24] | I don’t know, andrew. | 我不确定 安德鲁 |
[12:26] | I mean… we like it. we don’t love it. | 我是说 我们喜欢它 但并不爱它 |
[12:30] | Yeah, well, no one buys a car like this and loves it. | 是啊 没人会买这种车 还爱得要死 |
[12:33] | It’s all about the price. and you’re not gonna do better. | 只是廉价而已 你不会找到第二辆了 |
[12:37] | Yeah, about that price– | 是啊 至于那个价钱 |
[12:38] | You’re gonna have to drop it. I mean, look at all these dents. | 你要降价 你看这些压痕 |
[12:41] | Yeah, it’s also missing three hubcaps, | 是啊 还少了三个毂盖 |
[12:43] | And it’s got a hanger for an antenna. | 还有天线挂钩 |
[12:45] | Full disclosure– it’s a piece of crap. | 坦白说就是一堆废铁 |
[12:47] | You want it or not? | 你要不要买 |
[12:49] | Well, I’ll tell you what. | 告诉你 |
[12:51] | Since your mom and I are dear friends, | 因为我和你妈妈是好朋友 |
[12:53] | I’ll take it off your hands if you knock off $300. | 如果你肯少三百块我就买下 |
[12:56] | And since my mom and you are dear friends, | 因为你和我妈妈是好朋友 |
[12:58] | I’ll resist the urge to flip you the bird. | 我才没向你比中指 |
[13:01] | Andrew! | 安德鲁 |
[13:03] | Unless you lower this price, we’re walking… right now. | 如果你不肯降价的话我们马上就走 |
[13:06] | See ya. | 再见 |
[13:08] | I mean it. | 我说到做到 |
[13:10] | This is it. | 真的走了 |
[13:11] | Fine. | 好 |
[13:12] | Fine. | 好 |
[13:21] | Okay, fine. knock off $200, and we’ll give you cash. | 好吧 少200怎么样 我们付现金 |
[13:24] | No. $100. | -不 -那少一百 |
[13:26] | No. wh– | -不 -那 那 |
[13:28] | Will you at least have it washed? | 那你至少洗洗车吧 |
[13:31] | I’ll empty the ashtray. final offer. | 我会倒一下烟灰缸 只能这样 |
[13:34] | Damn you. | 靠 |
[13:42] | Oh! You beat me again! | 你又赢了 |
[13:47] | Curse you and your diabolical checkers prowess. | 我诅咒你还有你高超的棋艺 |
[13:50] | All right, orson. | 好了奥森 |
[13:52] | Don’t overexcite him on the upholstery. | 别在沙发上和他打闹 |
[13:55] | So, danielle, what would you like me to make as a side dish | 丹妮尔 我做一个陪衬菜 |
[13:58] | For your welcome home party? | 为你们接风洗尘怎么样 |
[14:00] | I can do anything | 什么都可以 |
[14:01] | so long as it complements beef tenderloin. | 只要它能配嫩牛肉里脊 |
[14:04] | Actually, we don’t eat meat. we’re vegetarians. | 其实我们不吃肉 我们是素食主义者 |
[14:08] | Excuse me? so is benjamin. | -什么啊 -本杰明也是 |
[14:16] | Oh. well… since when? | 从什么时候开始 |
[14:19] | Since I realized that meat was a byproduct of murder. | 自从我意识到肉是屠杀下的产物 |
[14:23] | Would it be more acceptable | 如果我买的是一只自杀的猪的大排 |
[14:25] | If I shopped for a suicidal pork loin? | 那你们能接受吗 |
[14:28] | Bree, it’s no big deal. | 布里这没什么大不了的 |
[14:30] | I’ll just make a nice risotto. | 我来做一个美味的蘑菇饭 |
[14:32] | This isn’t about dinner. | 这不是晚饭的问题 |
[14:34] | This is about her nutty liberal politics | 而是她疯狂的自由主义思想 |
[14:36] | Getting in the way of our grandson’s nutrition. | 对我们的外孙的营养有害 |
[14:38] | He gets all the protein he needs | 吃干酪豆子豆腐 |
[14:40] | from cheese and beans and tofu. | 也能得到足够的营养 |
[14:42] | Well, this isn’t just about nutrition. | 这不仅仅是营养问题 |
[14:45] | Do you want him to be teased at school | 你想让他在学校被嘲笑吗 |
[14:48] | Every time he pulls tofu out of his lunchbox? | 每天午餐盒里都装满了豆腐 |
[14:50] | Actually, that won’t be an issue. | 事实上那不成问题 |
[14:54] | Danielle is homeschooling him. | 丹妮尔在家里自己教他 |
[14:56] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[14:58] | You’re teaching him? | 你教他 |
[15:00] | Yes. I take it you have an opinion? | 是的 你有什么意见吗 |
[15:03] | So instead of sending him to a proper school, | 不让他去正规的学校 |
[15:05] | You’re gonna give him the benefit | 而是自己在家教他 |
[15:07] | Of your straight “c” average? hey, he’s only 6, | -让他像你一样科科拿C -他才六岁 |
[15:10] | And he’s already reading at a third grade level. | 就已经有三年级的阅读水平了 |
[15:12] | Well, what happens next year when he overtakes you? | 明年他的水平就超过你了 那怎么办 |
[15:16] | Uh, bree… ahem. best behavior, remember? | 布里 注意言语 记得吧 |
[15:17] | I am sorry, but am I supposed to sit by | 我很抱歉 但是让我坐着 |
[15:19] | While she degrades his body and his mind? | 看她毒害她儿子的身体和灵魂我办不到 |
[15:22] | Fine. | 好 |
[15:24] | Criticize my parenting all you want. | 你尽管批评我的教育方式 |
[15:27] | I don’t care, | 我不介意 |
[15:29] | Because you don’t get to decide how he’s raised anymore. | 因为现在不是你说了算 |
[15:32] | I’m his mother. | 我是他妈妈 |
[15:38] | And by the way, mark your calendars, | 顺便说下 在你的日历上标上 |
[15:40] | ’cause seven years from next saturday– | 七年之后的下个星期六 |
[15:43] | Benjamin’s bar mitzvah. | 是本杰明的犹太男孩成人仪式 |
[16:04] | Isn’t this cool? | 是不是很棒 |
[16:04] | dave brought his drums over so we could jam. | 大卫把鼓搬过来和我一起演奏 |
[16:06] | Your boy is pretty good. | 你丈夫很棒 |
[16:08] | Yeah, and we figured out we got bass, we got drums. | 想想我们有贝斯手鼓手 |
[16:10] | Mike plays guitar. I think orson plays keyboards. | 麦克会弹吉他奥森会键盘 |
[16:13] | You see where I am going with this? | 知道我们能做什么吗 |
[16:14] | I do, but I’m hoping I’m wrong. | 知道 但我希望是我想错了 |
[16:17] | We’re gonna start a garage band! | 我们准备组成车库乐队 |
[16:19] | And I wasn’t! maybe if we get good enough, | -看来我没想错 -等我们练习好了 |
[16:21] | We can even get, like, a couple of gigs. | 我们可以演出几场 |
[16:23] | How fun would that be? “gigs”? did you just say “gigs”? | -一定很有趣 -演出 你刚是说演出吗 |
[16:28] | Now all’s we need is a little time to practice– | 我们只是需要多一点时间练习 |
[16:30] | A few nights a week, some weekends. | 一个星期几个晚上还有周末 |
[16:32] | What? well, yeah, | 你说什么 |
[16:33] | Just until we get the rhythm section all dialed in. | 只是练到我们在节奏上能合拍 |
[16:36] | Okay, I need to dial you in to some gigs you already have, | 好啊我要提醒一下你已经有的几场演出 |
[16:41] | Which are running a restaurant, | 经营一家饭店 |
[16:42] | being a husband and a father. | 当一个好父亲和好丈夫 |
[16:44] | And I thought you were the one who said | 你不是刚说过 |
[16:45] | You wanted to spend more time with your family. | 你需要多花些时间在家庭上吗 |
[16:48] | But we could play clubs. | 但是我们能到俱乐部演出 |
[16:51] | I mean, he’s just having a little fun, lynette. | 我是说他玩的很开心勒奈特 |
[16:53] | Guys need to blow off steam. | 男人需要发泄情绪 |
[16:56] | Could you just… for a sec? | 能不能过来谈一下 |
[16:58] | Come on. you know I’m right. you’re far too busy for this. | 别这样 你知道我说的没错 你没时间玩这些 |
[17:09] | You can’t just decide for me like that. | 你不能替我做决定 |
[17:11] | I mean, if I wanna play bass, | 如果我想弹贝斯 |
[17:14] | I will play bass. | 我就要弹贝斯 |
[17:16] | I’m not hurting anybody. | 我又没伤害任何人 |
[17:19] | Those of us with hearing beg to differ. | 有听觉的人恐怕不同意你的说法 |
[17:21] | Okay, you know what? | 知道吗 |
[17:22] | Please leave our rehearsal space. | 我要你马上离开我们的练习场地 |
[17:24] | Oh, come on, tom. this is not your– | 别这样汤姆 这不是你的 |
[17:36] | It’s mine! no! | -这是我的 -不 |
[17:38] | Give it! give it! no! no! | -放手 -不 |
[17:41] | Give it to me! it’s mine! don’t! | -给我 是我的 -别闹了 |
[17:43] | Guys! hey! knock it off back there. | 你们给我住手 |
[17:59] | Oh, god. what now? | 天啊 现在又是什么问题 |
[18:10] | . oh. hey. what’s up? | 出了什么问题了 |
[18:14] | You sold me a lemon. | 你卖给我一个破烂 |
[18:16] | That’s what’s up. | 这就是问题 |
[18:17] | what yre you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[18:19] | your car! | 你的车 |
[18:21] | I took it to a mechac, who told me the radiator’s shot. | 我拿去修理厂人家告诉我散热器坏了 |
[18:24] | Oh. that. yeahhu | 这个啊 没错 |
[18:26] | It’s been giving me trouble for years. just use the jug. | 这个烦了我好久了 用那个水壶就好了 |
[18:29] | what jug | 什么水壶 |
[18:30] | Oh, oh, it’s in trunk.you just keep it full of waters | 在后备箱 如果散热器过热 |
[18:32] | if the radiation over heat. fill it up | 就把它装满水 |
[18:35] | Oh, and, uh, try not going up hills | 还有 别走上坡路 |
[18:37] | And stay in the shade as much as possible. | 尽可能待在树荫底下 |
[18:39] | Okay, i-i can’t drive around avoiding gravity and the sun. | 开车怎么可能避开上坡和太阳 |
[18:44] | Well, sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[18:44] | If you want a car with no flaws, buy a new one. | 如果你想要没有缺点的车就买新的 |
[18:48] | Or I could get the radiator fixed, | 或者我把散热器修好 |
[18:50] | Which is gonna cost $300, which you are paying for. | 你来付那300元修理费 |
[18:53] | Whoa, whoa, whoa. | 喔喔喔 |
[18:53] | Remember full disclosure? crap? | 我已经告诉过你这是堆破铁 |
[18:57] | This is your car. it’s your problem. | 这是你的车你来解决问题 |
[19:00] | Okay, you know what? that’s it. I wanna talk to your mother. | 好,既然这样我就去告诉你妈妈 |
[19:02] | Uh, well, she’s in a meeting right now. | 她现在正在开会 |
[19:05] | Can I take a message? damn it, andrew. | -我能帮您留口信吗 -靠 安德鲁 |
[19:09] | You tell bree to call me by the end of the day. | 你让她今天之前给我打电话 |
[19:11] | May I ask what it’s regarding? | 请问下大概是什么事情呢 |
[19:18] | All right, we’ll talk about it more later, buddy. | 行了 小家伙我们一会再谈 |
[19:20] | Why don’t you go on outside and play for a while? okay. | -现在到外面玩一会吧 -好的 |
[19:25] | Well, what did he say? | 他怎么说 |
[19:27] | well, he still won’t tell me who’s picking on him, | 他还是不肯说谁欺负他 |
[19:29] | But he did ask me to teach him how to fight. he’s only 5. | -只是叫我教他怎么打架 -他才五岁 |
[19:32] | I don’t want him fighting. | 我不想让他打架 |
[19:33] | I’m sorry, but every boy | 很抱歉 但每个男孩 |
[19:35] | Has to learn how to throw a punch eventually. ugh. | 迟早都要学会挥拳头的 |
[19:38] | You know, if you wanna give him a leg up, | 知道吗 如果你想让他占上风的话 |
[19:41] | You could teach him a little capoeira. capo-what? | -你应该教他一些卡泼卫勒舞 -卡泼什么 |
[19:43] | Oh, it’s a brazilian martial art | 这是种巴西武术舞蹈 |
[19:45] | That incorporates dance. | 包含武术的舞蹈 |
[19:47] | Yeah, ’cause there’s nothing scarier | 是啊 再也没有比着恐怖的事情了 |
[19:49] | Than a guy coming at ya with jazz hands. | 一个家伙冲到你面前手舞足蹈 |
[19:51] | hat’s funny, but actually, | 你可能觉得好笑 但是 |
[19:53] | The dance part’s to catch your opponent off guard. | 舞蹈的部分是为了让敌人掉以轻心 |
[19:56] | Like that? no, there’s a little more nuance to it. | -像这样吗 -不 差得远了 |
[19:58] | Ooh! like that. | 像这样 |
[20:00] | Where’s the “dance” part? | 那舞蹈部分呢 |
[20:03] | Oh! there it is, ginger! | 在这里 很灵活 |
[20:05] | You know what, boys? not in the house. | 孩子们 别在房子里闹 |
[20:09] | Oh, my god! | 天啊 |
[20:14] | Give it back! it’s my ball! it’s my ball now. | -还给我 我的球 -现在是我的了 |
[20:16] | Hey! you leave him alone. | 你放开他 |
[20:20] | Oh! honey! | 宝贝 |
[20:22] | Is that who’s been picking on you? juanita solis? | 就是她欺负你吗 胡安妮塔・索利斯 |
[20:25] | Uh-huh. | 嗯 |
[20:27] | Well, she is going to get a big surprise, | 她会大吃一惊的 |
[20:29] | Because your daddy | 因为你爸爸 |
[20:31] | Is about to turn you into a killing machine. | 会把你训练成打架高手 |
[20:33] | Uh, m.j., can I talk to your mom for a second? | MJ 我和你妈妈谈谈 |
[20:36] | Mm-hmm. | 好的 |
[20:41] | What? | 什么 |
[20:43] | I can’t teach him to hit a girl. | 我不能教他打女孩子 |
[20:45] | That’s not just any girl. you saw her. | 那不是普通的女孩子 你看到了 |
[20:47] | She could take down a small deer. | 她能打倒一只小鹿 |
[20:49] | It doesn’t matter. | 不管怎么样 |
[20:51] | If it wears a skirt, it’s off-limits. | 只要打穿裙子的人就是违反规则 |
[20:53] | That is sexist. | 这是性别歧视 |
[20:55] | If feminism means anything, it’s that it’s okay | 如果男女平等有意义 那么 |
[20:57] | For a big, mean girl to get her butt kicked. | 就可以揍一个肥胖的坏女孩 |
[21:00] | You, teach him | 你教他 |
[21:01] | One of those brazilian kung fu cha-cha things. | 那些巴西功夫恰恰的东西 |
[21:04] | I’m with mike. | 我支持麦克 |
[21:05] | You can’t hit girls. | 不能打女孩子 |
[21:08] | Ah! couple of wusses. | 哼 两个胆小鬼 |
[21:10] | I’ll handle it myself. | 我自己搞定 |
[21:13] | Oops! didn’t see that coming. | 没看到谁打你 |
[21:16] | Just for that, I’m breaking my rule about not hitting girls. | 这样我就要坏规矩揍你这个小姑娘 |
[21:21] | Gaby, we have a problem. | 加布 有件事情 |
[21:23] | I just saw juanita push m.j. down. | 我刚看到胡安妮塔推倒了MJ |
[21:25] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[21:27] | Really. | 真的 |
[21:28] | It’s not the first time. juanita’s been bullying him. | 这已经不是第一次了 胡安妮塔一直欺负他 |
[21:31] | Wow. I’m sorry. I’ll talk to her. | 我很抱歉 我会警告她的 |
[21:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:35] | And don’t worry. no one will hear about this from me. | 别担心 我不会告诉别人的 |
[21:38] | Hear what? | 告诉别人什么 |
[21:40] | That m.j.’s getting beat up by a little girl. | MJ被一个小女孩欺负 |
[21:43] | Well… | 嗯 |
[21:45] | A girl. | 一个女孩 |
[21:47] | Are you suggesting | 你是说 |
[21:49] | That juanita is fat for her age? | 胡安妮塔对于她的年龄来说太胖了吗 |
[21:51] | Gaby, juanita’s fat for your age. | 加比 她就算对于你的年龄来说也太胖了 |
[21:54] | Yeah? well, let’s face it. | 面对现实吧 |
[21:56] | M.j. could get beaten up by a kitten. | MJ连一只小猫也打不过 |
[21:58] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[21:59] | Maybe you could teach your daughter | 也许你应该教你女儿 |
[22:02] | How to use her words and not her fists. | 君子动口不动手 |
[22:06] | Yeah? or maybe you could teach your son to grow a hair! | 是吗 也许你该教你儿子怎么留长头发 |
[22:18] | What you looking at? | 你在看什么 |
[22:20] | Oh, just some old pictures. | 只是些旧照片 |
[22:22] | Can you guess who that little girl is? | 你知道照片里的女孩是谁吗 |
[22:28] | That’s your mom way back when she was your age. | 那是你妈妈像你那么大的时候 |
[22:32] | What’s she eating? | 她在吃什么 |
[22:33] | Oh! uh, a hot dog. | 热狗 |
[22:36] | No way. | 不可能 |
[22:37] | Oh, yes. your mother loved hot dogs. | 是的 你妈妈以前很喜欢热狗 |
[22:40] | Every day at lunchtime, she’d say to me, | 每天午饭时间她都会对我说 |
[22:43] | “mommy, I want a hot dog.” | 妈咪我要吃热狗 |
[22:45] | How come she doesn’t eat them now? | 那她为什么现在不吃了呢 |
[22:48] | Well, because she’s all grown-up. | 因为她现在长大了 |
[22:50] | You see, hot dogs and hamburgers | 你看 热狗和汉堡 |
[22:52] | Are what make little boys and girls | 能让小女孩小男孩 |
[22:54] | Grow up to be big and strong. | 长大并且变强壮 |
[22:55] | And now that she’s grown-up, she doesn’t need them anymore. | 因为她现在长大了所以不需要吃了 |
[22:58] | Doesn’t mommy want me to be big and strong? | 那妈咪不想让我长大吗 |
[23:01] | I’ve been asking myself that all day. | 我一直在想这个问题 |
[23:04] | Maybe she’s afraid if you get big, | 也许她担心如果你长大了 |
[23:06] | You’ll leave home and go play for the red sox. | 就会离开加入红袜队[棒球队] |
[23:09] | But I want to get big. I want to play baseball. | 但是我想长大我想加入棒球队 |
[23:13] | Oh. well… | 那么 |
[23:16] | In that case… | 这样的话 |
[23:22] | Can i? | 我可以吃吗 |
[23:23] | You have to promise not to tell your mommy. | 你得答应我不能告诉你妈妈 |
[23:27] | Okay. | 没问题 |
[23:33] | Well, what do you think? | 感觉怎么样 |
[23:36] | It’s like tofu, only better. | 就像豆腐但比豆腐好吃 |
[23:38] | Yes. | 当然 |
[23:40] | Yes, it is. | 那当然 |
[23:43] | Two, three, four! | 二 三 四 |
[23:48] | When tom scavo threw himself into his new hobby… | 当汤姆・加沃斯沉迷在他的新爱好中的时候 |
[23:55] | His wife told herself | 他的妻子安慰自己 |
[23:56] | It was a phase, and it would pass quickly. | 这只是一时兴趣 很快就会过去的 |
[24:02] | But three hours later, she realized | 到那时三个小时以后她意识到 |
[24:06] | It could not pass quickly enough. | 这个爱好不会那么快过去 |
[24:12] | So lynette began to plot | 所以勒奈特开始策划 |
[24:14] | Against her husband’s instrument of torture. | 怎么摆脱这个折磨人的乐器 |
[24:19] | Ooh! careful, honey. | 小心点宝贝 |
[24:21] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[24:22] | You could break your dad’s guitar and… | 你差点弄坏了你爸爸的吉他 |
[24:25] | It was at that moment her daughter | 就在这时 她女儿 |
[24:29] | Provided her an idea for a… simple accident… | 让她想到一个简单的事故 |
[24:35] | And… a clean alibi. | 还有完美的开脱证据 |
[24:47] | Damn it! | 妈的 |
[24:51] | Hey, is everything all right? oh, my! | 发生什么事情汤姆 天啊 |
[24:53] | It was lying in the middle of the floor! | 它放在路中间 |
[24:55] | How in the world did that happen? | 到底谁干的 |
[24:57] | has penny been playing in here again? | 佩妮是不是又到这里来玩了 |
[24:58] | I’ve told her a million times! | 我都告诉她多少次了 |
[25:00] | Now I’m sure it was an accident, tom. please don’t yell at her. | 这只是个意外汤姆 别骂她 |
[25:03] | This was a $1,600 bass. | 这贝斯花了1600美元 |
[25:05] | I can’t afford to replace it. | 我没钱再买一个了 |
[25:08] | Penny lynn scavo! | 佩妮・林恩・斯加沃 |
[25:10] | Where is she? | 她在哪 |
[25:12] | Oh, tom! | 汤姆 |
[25:15] | She’s up in her room. | 她在楼上自己的房间 |
[25:23] | I’m gonna go play outside. | 我要到外面去玩 |
[25:26] | Oh! wait. your forgot your whistle. | 等等 别忘了你的哨子 |
[25:29] | Okay, sweetie. | 好了甜心 |
[25:30] | This is just to be on the safe side. | 为了安全起见 |
[25:32] | If juanita comes around, you just blow it. | 如果胡安妮塔在附近你就吹哨子 |
[25:34] | I’ll be right there. okay. | 我马上就出去 |
[25:36] | Good boy. | 乖孩子 |
[25:51] | Hey, give me back my whistle! | 喂 把我的哨子还给我 |
[25:54] | Juanita solis, don’t you move! you are in big trouble! | 胡安妮塔・索利斯 你别跑 你麻烦大了 |
[25:59] | What’s on your head? | 你头上的是什么 |
[26:01] | Never mind. | 你别管 |
[26:02] | What did you do to m.j.? | 你对MJ做了什么 |
[26:04] | He wouldn’t let me blow his whistle. | 他不让我吹他的哨子 |
[26:07] | So your solution was to push him down? | 所以你就推到他 |
[26:09] | Do you think that’s nice? | 你觉得这么做好吗 |
[26:11] | How would you feel if someone did that to you? I wouldn’t care. | -如果别人推你的话你觉得怎么样 -我不会介意的 |
[26:14] | Oh, really? you don’t think it would hurt? | 是吗 你不觉得疼 |
[26:17] | Even if it did… | 就算是疼 |
[26:19] | I’m not a crybaby like m.j. | 我也不会像MJ一样 爱哭鬼 |
[26:28] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[26:30] | Juanita, I just wanted you to see how it felt. | 胡安妮塔我只是想让你知道被人推的感觉 |
[26:33] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[26:35] | Susan, I saw that! | 苏珊 我看到了 |
[26:38] | Kids, get inside! | 孩子们进去 |
[26:40] | Okay, first of all, it wasn’t as bad as it looked. | 首先 我推得其实没有你看的那么用力 |
[26:42] | Really? ’cause it looked like you body-slammed my daughter. | 是吗 看起来似乎你猛推了我女儿 |
[26:45] | I barely tapped her. she was milking it. | 我只是拍了她一下 她反应太大了 |
[26:48] | That’s your defense? you were only assaulting her “a little”? | 这就是你的借口吗 刚才你还在取笑她胖 |
[26:51] | I was trying to teach her not to be a bully– | 我是想教她不要欺辱弱小 |
[26:53] | Something she should have learned from her mother. | 这些本来是你应该教她的 |
[26:56] | Well, I’m sorry. I was too busy trying to explain to her | 我很抱歉 我忙着向她解释 |
[26:58] | Why m.j. doesn’t wear a dress like all the other little girls. | 为什么MJ不像其她小女孩一样穿裙子 |
[27:00] | This conversation is over. | 我们没话好说了 |
[27:02] | Tell bob and lee that I’ll pay for the dent in their lawn. | 告诉鲍勃和李我会赔偿他们的草坪 |
[27:08] | You did not! | 你不是吧 |
[27:10] | I did. | 我就是 |
[27:12] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[27:14] | We’ve both been incredibly childish here, | 我们这次争执太孩子气了 |
[27:18] | And it is time one of us took the high road, | 这次我们得有人成熟点 |
[27:21] | So I am now going to walk away. | 我现在不和你争 我走 |
[27:23] | Please take note of this conflict resolution | 记住这次争执 |
[27:25] | And try to pass the lesson on to your daughter. | 用它教教你的女儿 |
[27:28] | You can dye that hair all you want, | 不管你怎么样染你那些头发 |
[27:30] | But the gray’s just gonna keep coming. | 白头发还是会长出来的 |
[27:44] | And they call me white trash. | 她们居然好意思叫我白垃圾[美国下层白人的绰号] |
[27:53] | You got a minute? yeah. sure. come on in. | -你有时间吗 -当然 请进 |
[27:58] | I, uh, I heard there was a little accident. | 我听说了那次小意外 |
[28:02] | So… | 所以 |
[28:03] | I got this for tom. | 我拿这个来给汤姆 |
[28:05] | You bought tom a new bass? | 你给他买了把新贝斯 |
[28:08] | It’s not as smooth as his old one, but it’s good. | 不像他那把老的那么顺手 但也不错 |
[28:11] | We can’t accept this. | 我们不能接受你的礼物 |
[28:13] | It’s mostly selfish on my part. I was having too much fun. | 我只是为自己着想 和汤姆一起演奏很开心 |
[28:16] | Well, sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[28:17] | But maybe you could go skateboarding with orson. | 但也许你应该去和奥森一起弹电子琴 |
[28:20] | All right. | 好吧 |
[28:22] | Forget about me. | 不说我 |
[28:24] | Tom was having fun. | 汤姆也玩得很开心 |
[28:26] | And from what I’ve seen, he needs it. | 站在我的角度 我认为他需要这个 |
[28:31] | And what makes you think you know what my husband needs? | 你凭什么认为你知道我丈夫需要什么 |
[28:34] | Just something that I saw the other day, | 只是那天我看到的 |
[28:37] | When you were making him get rid of all his things. | 你叫他把他那些旧东西扔掉的时候 |
[28:40] | You mean his junk? | 你是指那些垃圾 |
[28:42] | It may be junk to you, | 对你来说也许是垃圾 |
[28:44] | But to tom… | 但是对汤姆来说 |
[28:45] | Well, that was stuff he was gonna get around to. | 那是他以前的爱好 |
[28:51] | You know what a midlife crisis is? | 你知道什么是中年危机吗 |
[28:54] | I’m married to a 45-year-old man who has a red convertible. | 我嫁给了一个45岁了还开着红色敞篷车的男人 |
[28:56] | Yeah, I think I know. | 是的 我很了解 |
[28:58] | But you know how it happens? a man gets to a certain age, | 但你知道是怎么发生的吗 当男人到了一定年纪 |
[29:02] | And he realizes… he’s gonna die someday. | 他意识到他指不定哪天就会死 |
[29:08] | Really die. | 永远的离开人世 |
[29:09] | And what’s worse is that he’s everything he’s ever gonna be. | 但糟糕的是他还一事无成 |
[29:15] | He’s never gonna be rich. | 不可能成为富翁 |
[29:19] | He’s never gonna climb a mountain. | 不可能去爬山 |
[29:22] | Now some guys do bad things | 当他们脑袋里有这些想法的时候 |
[29:25] | When they get those thoughts in their heads. | 某些男人会变坏 |
[29:28] | By comparison, | 相比之下 |
[29:30] | Playing in a garage band– well… | 在车库和朋友演奏 |
[29:32] | It seems pretty harmless. | 这种行为显得很无害 |
[29:39] | So… now my marriage is in trouble, | 所以说现在我的婚姻出现问题了 |
[29:42] | And you’re gonna save it by giving tom a bass? | 你准备送汤姆一个贝斯来拯救我的婚姻 |
[29:45] | No. no. I’m not. | 不 不是我送 |
[29:51] | You are. | 是你 |
[30:07] | Most of the guys in my class went into corporate law, | 我们班上很多人都选了企业法方向 |
[30:11] | But I wanted to do something | 但我喜欢些 |
[30:12] | That would influence environmental policy. | 能够影响环境的政策 |
[30:14] | That’s how he ended up at the e.p.a. | 这就是他到环境政策部门的原因 |
[30:22] | So, leo, where did you study law? | 那么里奥 你在哪里念的法律呢 |
[30:26] | Cornell. | 康奈尔大学 |
[30:27] | Now I’m jealous. | 我开始妒忌了 |
[30:29] | I always wished that I’d gone to a school like cornell. | 我一直想去像康奈尔那样的学校 |
[30:31] | But… it just wasn’t in the cards for me. | 但是对我来说不可能 |
[30:33] | How about you, dave? | 那么你呢 大卫 |
[30:35] | Me? no. wasn’t in my cards, either. | 我吗 对我来说也不可能 |
[30:38] | So where did you go? | 那么你上哪个大学 |
[30:39] | After listening to leo, I’d be embarrassed to tell you. | 听完里奥说的话我不好意思告诉你 |
[30:43] | So… e.p.a. | 那么 环境政策部门 |
[30:44] | What’s your opinion on global warming– | 你对全球性暖化有什么看法 |
[30:46] | Fact or fiction? | 真假难辨 |
[30:48] | Hold on, darling. | 等等 亲爱的 |
[30:49] | Mrs. mccluskey asked you a question. | 麦克卢斯基太太问你问题 |
[30:51] | Tell her where you went to school. | 告诉她你上的是哪个大学 |
[30:58] | Oh, edie, I think she was just making conversation. so– | 伊迪 我认为她只是在找话题 |
[31:01] | Okay, then why don’t you tell me where you went? | 行 那为什么不告诉我你上那个学校呢 |
[31:04] | After all, I am your wife. shouldn’t I know? | 毕竟我是你的妻子 我不能知道吗 |
[31:15] | Actually, I didn’t go to college. | 事实上 我没过上大学 |
[31:21] | I took a job out of high school | 我高中毕业就开始工作 |
[31:23] | Because my family was having a hard time. | 因为我家里当时很困难 |
[31:26] | Not having a degree is something that has always | 没有拿到学位使我一直 |
[31:29] | Been embarrassing to me, | 感到很尴尬 |
[31:30] | Especially when I’m with people who do. | 尤其是和有学位的人一起的时候 |
[31:39] | So, my darling, is there anything else | 所以亲爱的 你还想在大家面前 |
[31:40] | You’d like to quiz me about in public? | 问我什么难堪的事情呢 |
[31:43] | My… childhood stuttering? | 小时候的口吃 |
[31:45] | My dad’s drinking problems? | 还是父亲是个酒鬼 |
[31:51] | No. I’m… good. | 不 我不问了 |
[32:00] | I came to say I’m sorry. | 我来道歉的 |
[32:02] | You attacked my child and then me. | 你打了我的孩子又打了我 |
[32:04] | Why should I even listen to you? | 为什么我还要听你说话 |
[32:07] | I brought booze. | 我带了波子酒 |
[32:09] | Come on in. | 快进来 |
[32:13] | Like, I have this rule– | 我制定了一条规则 |
[32:16] | No toy guns. | 不许玩玩具枪 |
[32:17] | Except everything that m.j. picks up– | 但他不管拿起什么东西 |
[32:20] | Whether it’s a hairbrush, a hanger, everything– | 梳子 衣架或者别的 |
[32:24] | He pretends it’s a gun. well, what do you expect? he’s a boy. | -他都假装那是把枪 -你还想怎么样 MJ是个男孩 |
[32:27] | That’s my point! | 这就是我要说的 |
[32:29] | I know nothing about raising boys. | 我根本不知道该怎么带男孩子 |
[32:31] | And I think m.j. has figured this out, | 我觉的MJ也这么认为 |
[32:34] | So he goes straight to mike whenever there’s a problem. | 所以当他有问题的时候直接就去找麦克 |
[32:37] | But that’s okay. mike’s a great dad. | 这也很好啊 麦克是个好爸爸 |
[32:39] | Yeah, sure, on alternate weekends. | 当然 在轮流带孩子的周末 |
[32:42] | That’s fine… | 那还没问题 |
[32:44] | Until… m.j. needs his daddy, | 但是MJ需要他的爸爸 |
[32:47] | And his daddy’s not there. | 但他的爸爸不在身边 |
[32:49] | Susan, it’s not your fault. | 苏珊 这不是你的错 |
[32:53] | Well, we split up, | 我们分开了 |
[32:55] | So it’s at least half my fault any way you slice it. | 不管怎么说都有我的错在里面 |
[32:58] | Well, if it’s any consolation, | 好吧 这么说你会觉得好过点 |
[33:00] | Carlos is a hands-on, full-time dad, | 卡洛斯是个亲历亲为的全职父亲 |
[33:03] | And I still feel like I’m not getting the job done, | 但我仍然觉得我有很多事情都没做好 |
[33:06] | Like… I’m not preparing them enough. | 例如我没让他们做好准备 |
[33:09] | Preparing them for what? | 做好什么准备 |
[33:12] | For how hard life is. | 应付以后困难的生活 |
[33:14] | I mean, I have to admit, | 我是说 我必须承认 |
[33:16] | When you told me juanita was bullying m.j., | 当你告诉我胡安妮塔欺负MJ的时候 |
[33:18] | My first thought was, thank god! | 我的第一个想法是 感谢上帝 |
[33:20] | Let her do the pushing, | 让她欺负吧 |
[33:22] | Just as long as she’s not a victim. | 只要她不被别人欺负就行 |
[33:24] | Well, I don’t see any kid of yours being a victim. | 我倒是没看到你的小孩被别人欺负 |
[33:28] | You’re the strongest person I know. | 你是我知道的最坚强的人 |
[33:33] | I used to be. | 我以前是 |
[33:37] | Look at my life, susan. | 但是看看我的生活 苏珊 |
[33:39] | I… | 我 |
[33:43] | I’ve been beaten down. | 我已经被打倒了 |
[33:47] | Well, I thought I had you beaten today, | 我想你今天被我打倒了 |
[33:49] | And the next thing I knew, I was eating grass. | 我所知道的下一件事是 我在吃草 |
[33:53] | Today doesn’t count. today I was mad. | 今天不算 我有点抓狂 |
[33:56] | Well… | 那 |
[33:59] | Maybe you need to get mad more often. | 或许你需要经常这样抓狂下 |
[34:05] | Maybe you’re right. | 也许你是对的 |
[34:07] | This is nice. | 这挺好 |
[34:09] | We should rumble all the time. | 我们应该经常这么闹腾下 |
[34:13] | To susan mayer– | 致苏珊・梅尔 |
[34:15] | Good mom. | 好妈妈 |
[34:17] | To gabrielle solis– | 致加布丽尔・索利斯 |
[34:19] | Another good mom. | 另一位好妈妈 |
[34:23] | Mommy, we’re hungry! | 妈妈 我们饿了 |
[34:25] | So?! there’s waffles in the freezer! | 自己拿 冰箱里有华夫饼 |
[34:29] | And get mommy some ice! | 给妈妈拿点冰块过来 |
[34:33] | Isn’t this nice? | 这难道不是很好吗 |
[34:35] | For the first time in years, | 这么多年来第一次 |
[34:37] | My family is all here under the same roof. | 我所有的家人都聚在了一起 |
[34:39] | Here’s to many more meals together. | 希望我们有更多的机会一起吃饭 |
[34:42] | -welcome home. -cheers. | -欢迎回家 -干杯 |
[34:46] | I don’t feel good, danielle. | 丹妮尔 我感觉不舒服 |
[34:48] | “danielle”? | “丹妮尔” |
[34:50] | -I think I’m gonna be sick. -let’s get you to the powder room. | -我想吐 -我带他去卫生间 |
[35:01] | Here we are– | 菜来了 |
[35:03] | Mushroom risotto. | 蘑菇意米盅 |
[35:06] | There’s an unfortunate coincidence. | 上得可真及时啊 |
[35:08] | I’m so sorry, mom. I’ll clean it up. | 对不起 妈妈 我去清理下 |
[35:11] | No, um, you take benjy upstairs. I’ll get it. | 不用 你带本杰上楼 我来清理 |
[35:13] | Orson, could you get the mop, please? | 奥森 能不能把拖把拿来 |
[35:19] | Oh, my god. is that meat? | 天哪 那是肉吗 |
[35:21] | No! | 不是 |
[35:23] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[35:24] | Does this look like meat to you? | 这看起来不像肉吗 |
[35:26] | It’s… hard to tell. | 这 很难说 |
[35:29] | Just so we’re clear, | 我清楚的是 |
[35:30] | What I’m about to throw up is a western omelet. | 我要把煎蛋卷给吐出来了 |
[35:32] | That is not meat. | 那不是肉 |
[35:34] | That piece right there– that’s definitely meat! | 这里的那块 就是肉 |
[35:37] | Still waiting on that mop. | 还在等拖把 |
[35:39] | What did grandma give you to eat? | 外婆给你什么吃的了 |
[35:41] | She said not to tell. | 她说不能告诉你 |
[35:47] | You gave him meat and then told him to lie?! | 你给他肉吃 还让他撒谎 |
[35:52] | I gave him a hot dog, all right? | 我给了他一个热狗 |
[35:55] | He liked it so much, he asked for another. | 他特别喜欢 还要第二个呢 |
[35:57] | Two hot dogs? | 两个热狗 |
[35:59] | All right, | 好吧 |
[36:00] | I’ll concede the second one was clearly a mistake. | 我承认给他第二个确实不对 |
[36:03] | Come on, leo. we’re leaving. | 走吧 里奥 我们不在这呆了 |
[36:05] | -No! danielle, please. -I’m sorry, orson. | -不要 丹妮尔 拜托 -奥森 对不起 |
[36:08] | She’s made it impossible for us to stay in this house. | 她让我们没法再在这房子里呆下去了 |
[36:11] | Danielle, wait, wait. | 丹妮尔 等等 等等 |
[36:17] | Well, we can still drink, right? | 我们还可以喝酒 对吧 |
[36:19] | Oh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[36:24] | Well, I’ve apologized till I’m blue in the face, | 我已经尽力道歉了 |
[36:27] | But they’re still leaving in the morning. | 但他们还是坚持要早上走 |
[36:33] | Now you’re not speaking to me, either? | 现在你也不愿意跟我说话了 是吧 |
[36:38] | They’re just mad. | 他们只是有点生气 |
[36:39] | Things will be better next time. | 下次事情会好点的 |
[36:42] | You honestly think there’ll be a next time? | 你真的认为还有下次 |
[36:45] | It took us three years to talk them into this visit. | 我们花了三年时间才劝他们回趟家 |
[36:46] | It took you one day to ruin it. | 都被你一天内搞砸了 |
[36:50] | Orson, I’m truly sorry. | 奥森 我真的很抱歉 |
[36:54] | It’s just, seeing… | 只是 看到 |
[36:55] | All these mistakes that she’s making with benjamin, | 她对本杰明那么苛刻 |
[36:58] | It’s just so hard for me. | 我很难过 |
[37:00] | You know what hard for me? | 你知道什么让我很难过吗 |
[37:06] | When I left for prison, | 我被捕去监狱时 |
[37:08] | Benjamin was in my house, he was in my life. | 本杰明在家 他在我的生活里 |
[37:12] | He called me “daddy.” | 叫我”爸爸” |
[37:14] | And when I came home, he was gone. | 当我回到家时 他不见了 |
[37:20] | And you think that’s my fault? | 你认为那是我的错 |
[37:22] | Yes, I do. | 是的 我就是这么认为 |
[37:24] | Orson, you weren’t here. | 奥森 你当时不在 |
[37:27] | She came back. she was married to a lawyer. | 她回来了 嫁给了一位律师 |
[37:31] | And don’t forget, she is his mother! | 不要忘了 她才是他的妈妈 |
[37:34] | I tried to fight, but– | 我试着阻止她 |
[37:35] | You should’ve fought harder. | 你应该尽力阻止她 |
[37:38] | I was on my knees. I was sobbing. | 就差跪下来求她了 我都快哭过去了 |
[37:41] | She said “no” and then ripped him out of my arms. | 她说”不行” 然后从我怀里抢走了他 |
[37:44] | You have no right to say that to me. | 你没权利那么说我 |
[37:56] | You kind of blindsided me tonight. | 你今晚有点不留情面给我 |
[37:58] | I know. I am so sorry. | 我知道 对不起 |
[38:05] | I was clearly uncomfortable. | 我感到很不舒服 |
[38:07] | I don’t understand why you kept pressing me. | 我不明白你干嘛一直逼问我 |
[38:12] | Honestly, it was all karen mccluskey’s fault. | 老实说 都是凯伦・麦克卢斯基的错 |
[38:18] | Really? how so? | 是吗 怎么这么说 |
[38:19] | Well, she kept asking me all this stuff about your background | 她一直在问我你的背景 |
[38:22] | And why I don’t know more about you, and… | 说我为什么对你了解的不够多 |
[38:25] | I should’ve just never let her get to me. | 我不应该就这么让她得逞的 |
[38:32] | It’s okay, sweetie. | 没关系 宝贝 |
[38:34] | Now I understand. | 现在我明白了 |
[38:41] | Kind of sad when you think about it. | 想起那些有点难过 |
[38:43] | -What do you mean? oh… -maybe you guys don’t notice | -怎么了 -或许你们没注意到 |
[38:46] | Because you’re so used to her. | 因为你已经习惯她了 |
[38:51] | But her behavior reminds me of my grandmother, | 但她的行为让我想起了我祖母 |
[38:53] | When we first started to notice… | 我们注意到 |
[38:55] | The dementia, that is. | 她有些痴呆 |
[38:57] | You think karen’s going senile? | 你认为凯伦有点痴呆 |
[39:00] | I remember my poor grandmother… | 让我想起了可怜的祖母 |
[39:04] | Started getting so paranoid. | 开始时也是变得这么偏执 |
[39:08] | She thought people were breaking into her house and… | 她觉得有人潜入她家 |
[39:11] | Stealing her things. | 偷东西 |
[39:14] | We finally had to put her in a home. | 我们最后不得不把她关起来 |
[39:19] | I just hope that doesn’t happen to karen. | 希望凯伦不要变成那样 |
[39:37] | I want my 300 bucks. | 我想要回我的300块 |
[39:39] | I told you. it’s your car. you deal with it. | 我告诉你了 那是你的车 你自己处理 |
[39:43] | That’s it? no compassion? | 就这样吗 没有同情 |
[39:45] | No, “hey, let’s split the bill and call it even”? | “各付各的 互不相干” |
[39:48] | Look at it this way. you’re not losing 300 bucks. | 这么看 你并没有损失300块 |
[39:51] | You’re gaining a valuable lesson–buyer beware. | 你是在花钱买教训 买家自负 |
[39:54] | True. now here’s a valuable lesson for you. | 是啊 现在你也有教训要学 |
[40:06] | -What the hell is wrong with you?! -give me my money, | -你要干嘛 -把钱还我 |
[40:09] | -Or next time we’re trading paint. -you’re bluffing. | -或者下次付我油漆钱 -你这是敲诈 |
[40:12] | I am tired of being a victim, andrew. | 安德鲁 我不能再这么好欺负了 |
[40:13] | And trust me, that is no bluff. | 相信我 我是说真的 |
[40:16] | Hey! you–you touch my car, and you’re paying for it. | 你 你要是撞了 要掏钱修车 |
[40:21] | Luckily, I’m insured. oh, wait. our policy lapsed. | 还好 我上了保险 不 我们的保险期过了 |
[40:23] | Hope you’ve got good coverage. | 希望你能得到一笔不错的保险金 |
[40:29] | Wait! wait! wait! wait! wait, wait. | 等等 等等 |
[40:31] | I’ll get my checkbook. | 我去拿支票 |
[40:33] | I prefer cash. | 我要现金 |
[40:40] | Bullies… | 欺凌 |
[40:42] | Any adult will tell you the playground | 大人们会给你说 并不是 |
[40:45] | Is not the only place to find them. | 只有游乐场才有欺凌 |
[40:49] | Everywhere you look, you can find people unconcerned | 到处看看 就会发现 人们 |
[40:53] | Or unaware of the pain they inflict. | 并没有注意到或意识到他们所受的伤害 |
[40:57] | It might be a neighbor | 那可能是邻居 |
[40:59] | Preying on the suspicions of her friend… | 怀疑她的朋友 |
[41:04] | Or a daughter | 或者 女儿 |
[41:06] | Punishing the choices of her mother. | 惩罚母亲的抉择 |
[41:13] | Or a housewife seeking justice | 或者 家庭主妇从卖车人手里 |
[41:16] | From the man who sold her a car. | 寻求正义 |
[41:20] | Yes… | 是的 |
[41:22] | There are bullies everywhere. | 欺凌无处不在 |
[41:24] | And the worst are the ones who take advantage of you | 最糟的是 有人在不知不觉中利用你 |
[41:29] | Without you ever knowing… | 而你却 |
[41:33] | What they’ve done. | 对他们所做的一切浑然不知 |