时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Lives change in five years. | 五年内生活发生了变化 |
[00:04] | Some families grow, | 有些家庭壮大 |
[00:06] | While others grow apart. | 有些家人分离 |
[00:08] | So I thought I’d bring him back sunday around 6:00 or so. | 那我周六6点左右把他送回来 |
[00:11] | Fine. | 行 |
[00:12] | And we find ways… -it’s not really a good time. | 我们也找到了方法 -这会我有点不方便 |
[00:15] | To ease the pain. | 医治伤痛 |
[00:17] | Yes, in five years… | 是的 五年间 |
[00:19] | Edie, is that really you? | 伊迪 真的是你吗 |
[00:20] | I have a husband now. | 我结婚了 |
[00:22] | Many things change. | 许多事情变了 |
[00:23] | You’re required to check in once a month. | 你每月需要报道一次 |
[00:25] | It was a condition of your release. | 这是保释期的条件 |
[00:32] | All in all, susan mayer’s boyfriend | 总之 苏珊・梅尔的男朋友 |
[00:34] | Knew he had a lot going for him. | 知道要做的还很多 |
[00:38] | He was romantic… | 他浪漫 |
[00:42] | Had a nice smile… | 有着迷人的微笑 |
[00:46] | And was consistently thoughtful. | 一贯体贴周到 |
[00:50] | Yes, jackson braddock had many wonderful attributes. | 是的 杰克逊・布拉多克优点多多 |
[00:55] | Sadly… | 不幸的是 |
[00:57] | A sense of timing wasn’t one of them. | 时间把握得不好 |
[01:00] | Hello. | 你好 |
[01:02] | Hi. | 你好 |
[01:04] | Can I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[01:05] | I guess you could tell susan I’m here. | 我想 你可以告诉苏珊我来了 |
[01:07] | Okay. uh… who are you? | 好的 你是哪位 |
[01:10] | Oh, I’m Mike… the ex-husband. | 我是麦克 她前夫 |
[01:14] | I, uh, I take it you’re… | 你是 |
[01:16] | Jackson. | 杰克逊 |
[01:17] | I’m, uh… | 我是 |
[01:19] | Susan’s, uh… | 苏珊的 |
[01:20] | Friend? | 朋友 |
[01:21] | Friend. that’s right. | 是的 朋友 |
[01:24] | Wow. could this be any more awkward? | 真是尴尬啊 |
[01:27] | Well, your robe’s open… so yeah. | 你睡袍开了 是蛮尴尬 |
[01:50] | Hey, your ex-husband is… | 你前夫 |
[01:51] | Mike! uh, what’s going on? | 麦克 怎么了 |
[01:54] | I was just returning m.j.’s video game. | 只是来送MJ的游戏盘 |
[01:56] | He left it at my house. | 他落在我家了 |
[01:58] | Oh. thanks. so I guess you met jackson. | 谢谢 我猜 你见到杰克逊了 |
[02:01] | Yeah. nice legs. | 是啊 腿不错 |
[02:05] | Oh, clearly this is not | 很明显 |
[02:06] | how I would’ve wanted the two of you to meet. | 我不想你俩以这种方式见面 |
[02:08] | He’s–he’s really a nice guy. | 他 他人很好 |
[02:11] | Yeah, well, just to make sure, | 以防万一 |
[02:12] | I’m gonna need to hang with him a little bit, check him out. | 我需要跟他多接触接触 确认下 |
[02:14] | Oh, I don’t know that that’s necessary. | 我认为没那必要 |
[02:17] | If he’s sleeping in the same house as my son,i think it is. | 若他跟我儿子睡在同一房子里 就有必要 |
[02:20] | Oh, well, first off, um, m.j. was at a sleepover last night. | 首先 MJ昨晚不在家 |
[02:23] | And, in fact, jackson and he haven’t even met, | 实际上 杰克逊他俩还没见过 |
[02:26] | So, uh, there’s really no need for you to be hanging… | 所以 你真的没必要过来 |
[02:29] | Or checking. | 确认 |
[02:32] | Oh, just… tell jackson I’ll pick him up here tomorrow night. | 给杰克逊说我明晚来这接他 |
[02:36] | Hey, hold on. | 等等 |
[02:38] | You don’t get to just decide these things by yourself. | 你不能就这么擅自决定 |
[02:43] | You remember how nice I was about our custody agreement? | 还记得我在监护权上的让步吧 |
[02:46] | I can haul you back to court tomorrow | 我明天可以让你进法庭 |
[02:48] | 如果我不完全满意儿子接触的人 | |
[02:52] | Got it? | 懂了吗 |
[03:00] | Uh, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[03:03] | It’s so not how I wanted to meet your ex for the first time. | 我本不想这么跟你前夫初次见面 |
[03:06] | Well, when you meet him for the second time, | 那第二面时 |
[03:07] | you can tell him that. | 可以告诉他这些 |
[03:09] | He’s picking you up here tomorrow night. | 他明晚来这接你 |
[03:12] | What? | 什么 |
[03:14] | I’ll explain over breakfast. | 我早餐时跟你解释 |
[03:16] | Did you get the paper? | 你拿报纸了没有 |
[03:20] | And that is how jackson braddock | 这就是杰克逊・布拉多克 |
[03:22] | Realized he needed better timing… | 意识到他确实需要掌握好时间 |
[03:28] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[03:30] | And a longer robe. | 还需要一个长点的睡袍 |
[03:45] | If there is one thing everyone in suburbia can appreciate | 住在郊区的人希望 |
[03:49] | It’s a good neighbor. | 能有个好邻居 |
[03:50] | You know,the kind that helps with the last bag of groceries… | 帮忙拿杂货袋 |
[03:56] | Or brings over misplaced mail… | 或者送还递错的信件 |
[04:01] | Or offers to mow your lawn. | 或帮忙刈草坪 |
[04:04] | Yes, everyone appreciates a good neighbor. | 是的 人人希望有个好邻居 |
[04:07] | You are so sweet to do this. | 太感谢你帮忙了 |
[04:10] | I just know how tricky these bulbs can be. | 我只是恰好知道怎么修灯泡 |
[04:12] | And no one knew this better than dave williams, | 没人比大卫・威廉姆斯更清楚这些 |
[04:16] | Who was determined to be the best neighbor | 他决心成为 |
[04:18] | Wisteria lane had ever seen… | 紫藤郡有史以来最好的邻居 |
[04:23] | Assuming, of course, | 当然 |
[04:24] | His wife didn’t get in the way. | 他妻子并不配合 |
[04:29] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[04:30] | Packing our bags. | 装行李 |
[04:31] | Karen mccluskey insulted me again, | 凯伦・麦克卢斯基又侮辱我了 |
[04:33] | And I can’t put up with it anymore. | 我受不了了 |
[04:35] | All right, what did she say to you this time? | 她这次又跟你说什么了 |
[04:37] | Nothing. it doesn’t matter. we are moving. | 没什么 不重要了 我们要搬家了 |
[04:40] | Adults don’t pack up and move | 成年人不会因为些 |
[04:42] | because of some good-natured teasing. | 善意的取笑而搬家的 |
[04:44] | She said that my breasts were a triumph of german engineering. | 她说我的胸部是德国工程师的功劳 |
[04:48] | You call that good-natured? | 这是善意吗 |
[04:49] | Come on. she’s a cranky old lady. | 别这样 她只是个脾气暴躁的老女人 |
[04:51] | It’s not just her. it’s all of them | 不仅是她 她们都这样 |
[04:54] | I mean, it’s been five years. I have changed. | 我是说 已经五年了 我变了不少 |
[04:57] | But the people on this street don’t care. | 但这条街上没人在意 |
[05:00] | To them, I will always be a joke. | 对她们来说 我一直都是个笑话 |
[05:05] | I’m sorry you had a bad day. | 抱歉你今天过得不好 |
[05:07] | Please don’t use your motivational voice. | 不要再劝我了 |
[05:10] | I really hate that. | 我真的很讨厌那 |
[05:11] | You’re upset and you’re tired. | 你有些心烦 还有些疲倦 |
[05:14] | Why don’t you take a nice hot shower, | 去洗个热水澡吧 |
[05:16] | And I’ll make us some lunch? | 我来做点午饭 |
[05:19] | Does that sound good? | 好吗 |
[05:26] | I just never understood it. | 真是不明白 |
[05:29] | We–we could’ve gone and lived in any city in this country. | 我们可以在任何一个城市生活 |
[05:35] | Why did you insist on living here? | 你为什么要坚持住在这呢 |
[05:37] | ’cause we can be happy here. | 因为我们可以在这住得开心 |
[05:40] | You just need to give it some time. | 你心太急 |
[05:44] | And I promise, | 我保证 |
[05:45] | I’ll personally see to it that people | 我会尽力 |
[05:47] | Start treating you with a little more respect. | 让这里的人开始慢慢尊敬你 |
[05:51] | You didn’t answer my questioion. | 你还是没回答我的问题 |
[05:54] | Didn’t i? | 我没吗 |
[06:10] | Carlos, we got invited to michelle downing’s party! | 卡洛斯 米歇尔・唐宁邀请我们去她的宴会 |
[06:13] | I’m gonna have to buy something nice to–aah! | 我要去买点漂亮的 |
[06:17] | Gaby, I’m giving a massage. | 加布 我在做按摩 |
[06:19] | I can see that. | 我看到了 |
[06:20] | I can see a lot of things– | 我看到很多 |
[06:21] | Things that can never be unseen. | 不该看到的东西 |
[06:24] | Uh, sorry. I guess the towel must’ve rode up. | 不好意思 毛巾往上缩了 |
[06:29] | Carlos? kitchen. now. | 卡洛斯 来厨房 现在就要 |
[06:35] | I know you don’t like it when I work down here, | 我知道你不喜欢我在楼下工作 |
[06:37] | But he couldn’t get up the stairs. | 但他不能上楼 |
[06:38] | He’s got a bum hip. | 他髋节有伤 |
[06:39] | He’s also missing a testicle. | 他还只有一个睾丸 |
[06:42] | Carlos, how much more of this am I supposed to take? | 卡洛斯 我到底还要忍受多久 |
[06:44] | Okay, okay, maybe I could set up my table in the garage. | 好 好 我可以把工作搬到车库里去 |
[06:46] | No! that’s only part of the problem. | 不 那不能解决全部问题 |
[06:49] | Have you checked our bank balance lately? | 最近查过我们的银行余额吗 |
[06:53] | Gaby, I am not taking the country club job. | 加布 我不在乡村俱乐部上班了 |
[06:55] | Why not? you’d be massaging rich people. | 为什么 你可以给富人按摩啊 |
[06:58] | They tip better and they tend to flake less. | 他们给的小费多 也不会那么暴露 |
[07:00] | Yeah, but I like working here. | 是啊 但我喜欢在这里工作 |
[07:02] | I get to spend lots of time with you and the kids. | 我可以跟你和孩子们在一起 |
[07:04] | Carlos, I don’t need to spend lots of time with you. | 卡洛斯 我不需要花那么多时间跟你在一起 |
[07:06] | And frankly, the kids are on the fence. gaby! | 坦白地讲 孩子们不介意的 |
[07:08] | Bottom line, I miss our life. I miss shopping. | 底线 我怀念以前的生活 可以随便购物 |
[07:12] | All I have to look forward to is the | 现在我所能期待的 |
[07:14] | Occasional invitation to a fancy party. | 只是偶尔被邀去宴会 |
[07:16] | And I can’t even afford a dress to go to it. | 而我甚至连身礼服都买不起 |
[07:19] | Carlos, please, I am begging you. | 卡洛斯 拜托了 求你了 |
[07:21] | Fine. I’ll– I will take the job. | 好 我 我接着做那份工作 |
[07:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:27] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[07:33] | Ah, no. | 不好 |
[07:38] | Unh-unh. come on. | 拜托 |
[07:40] | I really don’t think mike’s gonna care what shirt I wear. | 我认为麦克真的不会介意我穿什么衬衫 |
[07:42] | Well, I do. | 我介意 |
[07:43] | We need a shirt that says, “i’m a responsible citizen,” | 你需要件写着”我是名有责任感的市民”的衬衫 |
[07:47] | Not “my favorite clothing store also sells bongs.” | 而不是”我最喜欢的服装店也卖奇装异服” |
[07:51] | Are you dissing my sense of style? | 你是在说我的着衣风格吗 |
[07:53] | Absolutely. | 当然了 |
[07:55] | Put this on. | 穿这件 |
[07:57] | Now… | 现在 |
[07:58] | Let’s talk about acceptable topics of conversation. | 我们讨论下可接受的谈论话题 |
[08:01] | You like sports, right? yeah. | 你喜欢体育 是吧 |
[08:03] | -I’m a huge soccer fan. -No, you’re not. | -我是个超级英式足球迷 -不 你不是 |
[08:05] | You like football– american football. | 你喜欢 美式足球 |
[08:07] | -Specifically the colts. -okay. | -尤其是小马队 -行 |
[08:09] | And here are some other things you can talk about– | 你也可以说些其它的事情 |
[08:10] | Cars, barbecue, fishing. | 汽车 烧烤 钓鱼 |
[08:13] | How about fire? mike like talk fire? | 火怎么样 麦克喜欢谈论火[暗示麦克发火] |
[08:16] | Jackson, please take this seriously. | 杰克逊 请严肃点 |
[08:18] | I am. I’m just–i’m not gonna pretend to be somebody I’m not. | 我很严肃 我 我不想伪装 |
[08:22] | If he doesn’t like me, what’s he gonna do? | 如果他不喜欢我 会有什么后果 |
[08:24] | He could take me to court, | 他会把我传到法庭 |
[08:25] | And the judge can make me choose between you and my son. | 法官会让我在你和我儿子之间做出选择 |
[08:28] | And I’m sorry. you will lose. | 抱歉 我会选儿子 |
[08:32] | Peyton manning is the greatest quarterback who ever lived. | 培顿・曼宁是最棒的四分卫 |
[08:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:40] | Now go shave. you look like a hobo. | 去刮刮胡子 你看起来像个流浪汉 |
[08:52] | Got a sec? | 有时间吗 |
[08:53] | Not really. | 不多 |
[08:55] | So I assume you know about what happened to jimmy conrado. | 我猜你已经知道吉米・康拉德发生什么事了 |
[09:00] | i guess. | 我想是吧 |
[09:02] | your friend gets busted for dealing drugs at school, | 你朋友在学校交易毒品被抓了 |
[09:04] | and all you have to say is, “i guess”? | 而你全部的态度就是 “我想是吧” |
[09:07] | he’s not my friend. | 他不是我朋友 |
[09:08] | what are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[09:09] | you were on the same little league team. | 你俩以前是一个棒球队的 |
[09:10] | yeah, like a million years ago. | 是 N年前了吧 |
[09:13] | anything else? | 还有事么 |
[09:17] | no. | 没 |
[09:19] | not really. | 没了 |
[09:26] | parker. | 帕克 |
[09:27] | can i ask you something, just between us? | 能问你点事么 不要告诉别人 |
[09:30] | does porter hang out with jimmy conrado? | 波特没和康拉德来往么 |
[09:32] | i don’t know. i could check out his friends list on silverfizz. | 不知道 我能查看他在银菲茨网上的好友列表 |
[09:35] | his what on what? | 他在什么上的什么 |
[09:39] | it’s like myspace. | 这就像是个人空间 |
[09:40] | you have a web page. | 你有一个网 |
[09:41] | it shows your hobbies, your favorite music, | 可以展示你的爱好 喜欢的音乐 |
[09:43] | and you can talk to people. | 也能和别人聊天 |
[09:45] | really? can anyone talk to him? | 是么 任何人都能和他聊天么 |
[09:48] | yeah. he just has to invite you. | 是 只需让他邀请你 |
[09:53] | how would somebody make that happen? | 这需要怎么申请呢 |
[09:58] | now it’s just a mock-up, | 现在这只是个样本 |
[09:59] | but this is what the book is going to look like. | 但这就是这本书将要展现的效果 |
[10:02] | mom, that’s fantastic. | 妈妈 这太棒了 |
[10:05] | good call on the font. | 书名的字体真好看 |
[10:09] | orson, what do you think? | 奥森 你觉得呢 |
[10:11] | well, i think it’s strange to see my wife | 看我妻子在封面上 |
[10:13] | billed as “mrs. van de kamp.” | 叫范德坎普夫人很别扭 |
[10:14] | well, you knew what the book was gonna be called. | 你早就知道这书要这么命名的 |
[10:17] | yes, but it’s different actually seeing it. | 是 但是实际看到又是另外一回事 |
[10:19] | i mean, is it too late to go with “mrs. hodge”? | 我意思是 现在改名叫”豪治夫人”是不是太晚了 |
[10:21] | my company, which i formed when we were separated, | 我的公司 我们分开的时候我开的公司 |
[10:24] | is called mrs. van de kamp’s catering. it’s how i’m known. | 叫范德坎普夫人宴会服务公司 所以我才出名 |
[10:28] | oh, in fairview. | 那是在美景镇 |
[10:29] | but this book will be national. | 这本书会全国发行的 |
[10:31] | i mean, it’s your chance to rebrand yourself. | 我是说这是重新打造品牌的机会 |
[10:34] | is there something wrong with “hodge”? | 那豪治又有什么不对么 |
[10:38] | i think i just heard the milk go bad. i should check. | 我闻到牛奶好像坏了 我去看看 |
[10:42] | orson, i adore you, but your name… | 奥森 我爱你 但是你的名字 |
[10:44] | our name– it has no music. | 我们的名字 一点旋律都没有 |
[10:47] | “van de kamp” trips off the tongue. | 范德坎普能在舌尖跳跃 |
[10:49] | “hodge” sounds like the noise a plunger makes. | 豪治 听起来就像是活塞发出的噪音 |
[10:52] | that’s preposterous. | 这个太荒唐了 |
[10:53] | listen… van de kamp. | 你听 范德坎普 |
[10:56] | hodge. | 豪治 |
[10:57] | also, she’s got a radio interview wednesday, | 而且 他周三要上一个电台采访节目 |
[10:59] | and they’re already promoting her as mrs. van de kamp. | 他们已经按照范德坎普夫人宣传她了 |
[11:01] | see? the ship has already sailed. | 看到没 木已成舟了 |
[11:04] | oh, don’t be hurt. it’s my professional name. | 别伤心 这只是我的职业名字 |
[11:06] | in this house, i will always be mrs. hodge. | 在这家里 我会一直都是豪治夫人 |
[11:09] | now… would it help if mrs. hodge | 如果豪治夫人今晚做你最爱吃的炖肉 |
[11:12] | cooked you your favorite pot roast tonight? | 会不会心里感觉舒服点呢 |
[11:16] | yes, i guess it would help. | 我想会好点的 |
[11:19] | uh, meeting with your publicist? | 那你和宣传代理的会呢 |
[11:21] | oh, right. um, tomorrow for sure, then. | 是啊 明天肯定给你做 |
[11:29] | van de kamp. hmm. | 范德坎普 |
[11:33] | hodge. | 豪治 |
[11:42] | here you go. oh, thank you. | -给你的 -谢谢 |
[11:44] | toby, get off my chair. you know better. | 托比 从椅子上下去 你最好记住 |
[11:48] | so what’s on your mind? | 你此行的目的是什么 |
[11:49] | it’s edie. | 是伊迪 |
[11:50] | you said something to her yesterday that hurt her feelings. | 你昨天说了一些话伤害到她了 |
[11:54] | that thing about her breasts? come on. that was a joke. | 关于她的胸部的那个么 算了吧 就是个玩笑 |
[11:57] | perhaps, but it upset her so much | 可能 但她非常伤心 |
[11:59] | that she suggested we leave wisteria lane. | 她觉得我们应该离开紫藤郡 |
[12:02] | i can’t have that, mrs. m. | 我不能那么做 麦克卢斯基太太 |
[12:04] | hey, this is what edie and i do.we tease each other. | 这是我和伊迪之间的方式 我们互相调侃的 |
[12:07] | i say she’s easier to get into than community college. | 我说她比社区学院更容易相处 |
[12:10] | she says my face looks like a knee. | 她说我的脸长得像膝盖 |
[12:12] | it’s fun. | 娱乐而已 |
[12:14] | still… i would consider it a personal favor | 我坚持 如果你向她道歉 |
[12:16] | if you’d apologize to her. | 我会看做这是个人娱乐 |
[12:19] | you know, make her feel accepted and loved. | 你知道的 让她感觉到被接受和被爱 |
[12:24] | no. | 不 |
[12:26] | no? | 不行 |
[12:27] | if edie wants to change the way we talk to each other, | 如果伊迪想改变我们之间谈话的方式 |
[12:29] | she’s gotta ask me personally. | 她会亲自来跟我说的 |
[12:32] | and i think you’ve got a lot of gall | 我觉得你诉了这么多苦 |
[12:33] | making me feel like i did something wrong | 让我觉得我做错了什么事 |
[12:36] | when you don’t even know me. | 而现在你根本都不了解我 |
[12:39] | oh… i know you, | 我了解你 |
[12:42] | better than you think. | 比你想象中更了解 |
[12:43] | oh, really? | 真的么 |
[12:44] | for starters, | 一开始 |
[12:46] | you talk to your cat like it’s a person. | 你跟你的猫说话就好像他也是个人 |
[12:49] | when i knocked on your door, you immediately invited me in. | 当我敲你的门时 你立刻就邀请我进来了 |
[12:53] | doesn’t take a genius to see that you’re lonely. | 不用动脑子就能看出来你很孤独 |
[12:59] | i’m thinking you had people in your life at one time… | 我想你生活中曾经有人陪伴 |
[13:03] | people who cared about you. | 那人非常在乎你 |
[13:06] | but something happened to them. | 但是他们都发生了一些改变 |
[13:08] | some probably died. the rest, well… | 可能是死了 或者其它的什么 |
[13:10] | they just don’t come around much anymore. | 他们只是不再回来了 |
[13:13] | why do you think that is? | 你认为是什么原因 |
[13:18] | i know you, mrs. mccluskey. | 我了解你 麦克卢斯基太太 |
[13:20] | and it seems to me that a woman like you | 在我看来 像你这样的女人 |
[13:24] | would like to keep the few friends that she has left. | 会希望留住这个已经离开过的朋友 |
[13:28] | i think you’d better go. | 我想你该走了 |
[13:53] | hey… thanks for tonight. | 谢谢今晚的招待 |
[13:54] | and, uh, before i forget, the colts suck. | 趁我还没忘 那个小马队真衰 |
[13:57] | oh, here’s what sucks– watching a zero-zero game | 这才是够衰呢 看了个0比0的比赛 |
[14:00] | with no cheerleaders, soccer boy. | 还没有拉拉队 球童 |
[14:08] | you guys were insulting each other. that’s good, right? | 你们刚才在调侃对方 这真好 不是么 |
[14:10] | yeah, we had a blast. | 是 我们一拍即合 |
[14:11] | really? yeah. | -真的么 -是啊 |
[14:12] | in fact, we’re getting together wednesday night at o’brien’s, | 事实上 我们还约好周三晚上一起去奥布莱恩酒吧 |
[14:14] | which he claims has the best bacon potato skins in town. | 他说那有镇上最棒的培根炸土豆皮 |
[14:18] | potato skins at o’brien’s? you’ve made his inner circle! | 奥布莱恩的炸土豆皮么 你已经融入他们的圈子啦 |
[14:21] | this is fantastic! thank you. mmm. mmm. | 太棒了 谢谢 |
[14:24] | ah, you can think of a more creative way to thank me than that. | 你可以想一种比这更有创造性的方式来谢我 |
[14:44] | you’ve never done that before. | 你以前从来没这么做过 |
[14:48] | wait. | 等会 |
[14:49] | you’ve never done that before. why are you doing that now? | 你以前从没这么做过 你为什么现在这么做 |
[14:52] | i don’t know. don’t you like it? | 不知道 你不喜欢么 |
[14:54] | yeah. but how did you know i would like it? | 喜欢 但是你怎么知道我喜欢呢 |
[15:00] | oh, my god. | 天呢 |
[15:04] | mike told you about the ear thing, didn’t he? | 麦克把耳朵的事情告诉你的 是不 |
[15:06] | no. | 不是 |
[15:07] | so you just happened to stumble across my secret turn-on | 就是在你和麦克成为同盟好友的晚上 |
[15:11] | the same night that you and mike became b.f.f.s? | 你偶然发现了我的私密敏感带 |
[15:13] | but aren’t we losing sight of the fact that you like it? | 既然你喜欢这样 那咱们不能忽略这个事实么 |
[15:16] | this is… i mean, i’m just… | 这是 我的意思是 我 |
[15:19] | i have been violated. | 我被亵渎了 |
[15:21] | oh, honey, come on– | 宝贝 别这样 |
[15:22] | don’t touch me! or my ears! my ears are dead to you. | 别碰我 还有我的耳朵 我耳朵是你的禁区 |
[15:25] | it just slipped out. | 他只是不小心顺嘴说的 |
[15:26] | we were talking about how girls– | 我们在谈女孩子 |
[15:28] | they–they all like different things, right? | 她们 她们都喜欢不同的东西 不是么 |
[15:29] | and i-i was talking about this girl in high school, | 我在说一个女中学生 |
[15:31] | how she liked to do it with her shoes on, | 她喜欢的方式就是穿着鞋做 |
[15:33] | and–and mike talked about the lobe nibble. | 麦克就说了轻咬耳垂的事情 |
[15:36] | he has a name for it? | 他还给这取了个名字 |
[15:39] | that’s it. you and mike are not hanging out anymore. | 那就是了 你和麦克不许再来往了 |
[15:42] | and this little wednesday | 还有这周三 |
[15:44] | “potato skins and susan sex tips night”? | 土豆皮和苏珊调情技巧之夜么 |
[15:48] | i forbid it. | 我要禁止这个 |
[15:54] | did mike mention he likes having his toes sucked? | 麦克提过他喜欢被吮吸脚趾么 |
[15:56] | oops! that just slipped out. hmm. | 只是不小心顺嘴说的 |
[16:07] | bree! what’s up? | 布里 怎么了 |
[16:11] | well, um, michelle downing asked me to speak to you. | 米歇尔・唐宁让我来告诉你 |
[16:14] | i don’t know if you heard,but i’m catering her birthday party– | 不知道你听说没有 是我在筹备她的生日派对 |
[16:16] | i heard. i can’t wait. | 我听说了 迫不及待了 |
[16:18] | ooh, i was gonna ask you. | 我还想问你 |
[16:19] | should i wear the navy blue chanel or the red sleeveless dress? | 我是穿海军蓝的香奈儿还是红袖无袖的裙子呢 |
[16:21] | you can’t come. | 你不能来 |
[16:25] | sorry. | 对不起 |
[16:26] | i just had to rip the band-aid off. | 我不得不撕去那一页 |
[16:28] | what? she’s disinviting me? | 什么 她取消对我的邀请了么 |
[16:31] | it’s not personal. | 这不是个人的 |
[16:32] | you know how carlos just started at the club? | 你知道卡洛斯刚在俱乐部开始工作 |
[16:34] | well, her guests are all members, | 她的客人都是会员 |
[16:36] | and she thinks they might find it awkward socializing with… | 她想他们可能会觉得很难去交际 和 |
[16:40] | staff. | 员工 |
[16:41] | she called us “staff”? | 她管我们叫员工 |
[16:43] | oh, gaby, it’s just one party. i’ll save you some cake. | 加布 只是个派对 我会给你留些蛋糕的 |
[16:46] | no! it’s not just one party! | 不 这不只是个派对 |
[16:48] | it’s the kickoff to the whole social season. | 是整个社交季节的开始 |
[16:50] | if people see we’re off michelle’s list, | 如果人们看到米歇尔的名单上划掉了我们 |
[16:51] | then we’ll be off everyone’s. | 我们就会在所有人的名单上被划掉 |
[16:53] | and then it’s gonna be the start of our slow slide | 这可能会成为我们慢慢淡出 |
[16:55] | from gowns and galas to flip-flops and keggers! | 各种盛装宴会的开始 |
[17:02] | okay, if carlos working at the club is the problem, | 好吧 如果原因是卡洛斯的工作 |
[17:05] | then tell her he just quit. | 那就告诉她他刚辞职了 |
[17:07] | oh, hon, i don’t think that’s gonna fly. | 甜心 就算辞职也不能解决问题 |
[17:09] | he’s already rubbed too many members. | 他已经帮很多成员按摩了 |
[17:14] | what’s happened to my life? | 我的生活怎么变成这样 |
[17:16] | we used to have help. now we are the help! | 我们以前总要人服务 现在我们要服务别人 |
[17:26] | what are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[17:27] | i am just… | 我只是在 |
[17:30] | talking to porter on silverfizz. | 网上和波特聊天 |
[17:33] | who is Saraj from macarthur high school? | 麦克亚瑟高中的萨拉是什么人 |
[17:37] | me. | 我 |
[17:39] | i’m 16 and cute. | 我是个16岁的可爱女生 |
[17:40] | i like graphic novels and tokyo police club. | 我喜欢图文小说和东京警察俱乐部 |
[17:42] | oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[17:43] | you–you’re pretending to be somebody else? | 你冒充别人 |
[17:45] | our brooding son has a classmate | 我们那个淘气儿子的同学 |
[17:47] | who got arrested for selling drugs. | 贩毒被抓了 |
[17:48] | i really think the end justifies the means here. | 现在为了正当目的可以不择手段 |
[17:52] | okay, we’ll address your major ethical breach in a moment. | 好吧 那我们一会再讨论你的道德问题 |
[17:58] | what did you find out? | 你发现什么了 |
[18:00] | well, the good news is | 幸好他没和 |
[18:01] | he really doesn’t hang out with Jimmy Conrado. | 吉米・孔拉多混在一起 |
[18:02] | but i am a little worried about Anita47, | 但我有点担心安妮塔47 |
[18:06] | who told him cherry fruit pops are an aphrodisiac. | 她告诉他草莓果酸是春药 |
[18:12] | okay, great, you know who he hangs around with now. | 我们知道他现在和谁一起玩了 |
[18:15] | you got what you came for. time to stop. | 你知道你想知道的了 适可而止 |
[18:18] | you’re probably right. it’s just… | 你说的对 只是 |
[18:21] | did you know Porter writes poetry? | 你知道波特写诗吗 |
[18:24] | -serious? -yeah. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[18:27] | our porter, the kid who communicates with grunts and shrugs, | 我们的波特 不善言谈的小孩 |
[18:30] | writes this… | 写出这么 |
[18:32] | beautiful, heart-wrenching poetry. | 美丽而感人肺腑的诗歌 |
[18:38] | maybe one day he’ll share it with you | 也许哪天他会和你分享 |
[18:40] | instead of your fantasy alter ego. | 而不是和这个虚构的你 |
[18:42] | until then, shut it off. | 在那之前 关掉电脑 |
[18:45] | okay, okay. | 好吧好吧 |
[18:47] | you’re right. | 你说的对 |
[18:48] | you’re right. | 你说的对 |
[19:05] | [我喜欢沃尔特・惠特曼[代表诗集《叶草集》]的诗] | |
[19:06] | [艾米莉・狄金森比怀特曼更棒] | |
[19:17] | [是啊 那么你喜欢斯宾塞诗歌吗] | |
[19:22] | oh, really? | 真的要聊吗 |
[19:29] | [你女朋友也喜欢诗歌吗] | |
[19:36] | [没有女朋友 倒是有个喜欢的女孩] | |
[19:40] | aw. that’s sweet. | 嘴真甜 |
[19:47] | [女孩都喜欢浪漫 送她诗歌会打动她的] | |
[19:54] | still talking to poetry girl? | 还在和诗歌女孩聊天吗 |
[19:55] | bite me. | 是又怎样 |
[19:57] | dude, she didn’t put up her photo. | 兄弟 她没有贴照片 |
[19:59] | 5 bucks says she looks like she came out of an egg. | 五块赌她是个恐龙 |
[20:04] | whatever. | 管她呢 |
[20:07] | Toby? | 托比 |
[20:10] | Toby! where are you? | 托比 你在哪里 |
[20:12] | Toby! | 托比 |
[20:15] | everything all right, mrs. m.? | 出了什么事吗 M太太 |
[20:18] | it’s toby. i can’t find him. | 是托比 我找不到它了 |
[20:20] | oh, no. how did he get out? | 它怎么出来的 |
[20:22] | the living room window was open, | 客厅窗口开着 |
[20:24] | which is bizarre because i don’t remember opening it. | 奇怪的是我记得我没打开 |
[20:27] | can you help me find him? | 能把我找找它吗 |
[20:30] | have you given any more thought about apologizing to Edie? | 你仔细考虑和伊迪道歉的事了吗 |
[20:33] | she’s still pretty down in the dumps. | 她还一直垂头丧气的 |
[20:37] | i’ve kind of been busy. | 我有点忙 |
[20:38] | of course you have. it’s just that… | 当然 只是 |
[20:42] | well, since i’m about to help you find your cat, | 如果我帮你找你的猫 |
[20:44] | it sure would be nice if you could help me out with edie. | 希望你能帮帮我 去和伊迪道歉 |
[20:47] | doesn’t that seem fair to you? | 这公平吧 |
[20:51] | i guess. | 好吧 |
[20:53] | here. | 我拉你 |
[20:57] | thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:00] | okay. toby! | 好的 托比 |
[21:02] | toby! come here, boy! | 托比 出来 乖孩子 |
[21:06] | toby! | 托比 |
[21:08] | so they’ll finish with the news, do a quick traffic update, | 新闻很快结束了 还有一个交通快讯 |
[21:10] | and then we’re on the air. | 然后我们就开始 |
[21:12] | uh, do you need anything? | 还有什么需要准备吗 |
[21:13] | no, i’m good. how do i look? | 不用了 准备好了 我看起来怎么样 |
[21:16] | we’re on the radio. | 我们是在做广播 |
[21:20] | oh. i’m a little bit nervous. | 我有点紧张 |
[21:21] | this is my first national interview. | 这是我第一次全国电台访问 |
[21:23] | and i am a huge fan of your cookbooks. | 我是你的烹饪书的忠实读者 |
[21:26] | well, i’ve heard good things about you. | 我也久闻大名 |
[21:28] | i understand you’re catering | 我知道你承办酒席 |
[21:29] | michelle downing’s birthday dinner tonight. | 今晚米歇尔・唐宁的生日宴会 |
[21:31] | oh, you know michelle? yes, and i’ll be there. | -你认识米歇尔・唐宁吗 -是的 今晚我会出席 |
[21:34] | i can’t wait to see what you dish up. | 迫不及待想看你准备了什么 |
[21:37] | okay, now i’m terrified. | 受宠若惊 |
[21:41] | here we go. | 现在开始了 |
[21:44] | good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[21:44] | i’m linda flanagan, and this is “gourmet americana.” | 我是琳达・弗拉纳根 你收听的是”美国美食家” |
[21:48] | if you’ve been to fairview’s best parties, | 如果你参加过美景镇的一流宴会 |
[21:50] | then you’ve probably tasted the mouthwatering food | 你就会尝过今晚 |
[21:52] | dished up by my first guest, | 我的第一位嘉宾烹调的美食 |
[21:54] | bree van de kamp. | 布里・范德坎普 |
[21:55] | now she’s about to publish her first book, | 她正准备出版第一本书 |
[21:57] | “mrs. van de kamp’s old-fashioned cooking.” | “布里・范德坎普太太的传统烹饪” |
[22:00] | welcome, bree. | 欢迎您 布里 |
[22:00] | hi, linda. | 你好 琳达 |
[22:02] | tell me. why “old-fashioned”? | 说说为什么写”传统烹饪” |
[22:04] | well, i think a lot of people miss the way life used to be– | 我认为很多人都怀念传统的生活 |
[22:07] | back when women had more time to cook. | 女人们有更多的时间烹饪 |
[22:09] | it’s always been important to me to have the family gather | 对我来说和家人一起十分重要 |
[22:12] | around the table every night for hot, | 一家人围在桌子旁 |
[22:14] | lovingly prepared meals. | 共同品尝用爱心煮出来的热热的晚餐 |
[22:16] | so you’re a traditional kinda gal. | 那么你是传统的女性 |
[22:19] | is there a mr. van de kamp? | 范德坎普先生在吗 |
[22:22] | no. | 不 |
[22:23] | uh, mr. van de kamp is deceased. | 范德坎普已经去世了 |
[22:26] | but in regards to my husband, | 关于我的丈夫 |
[22:28] | i should make one thing very clear– | 我需要特别声明一点 |
[22:31] | his passing had nothing to do with my cooking. | 他的去世和我的厨艺没有关系 |
[22:43] | is that my yeats book? i love his poetry. | 那不是我的叶芝诗集吗 我爱他的诗歌 |
[22:45] | yeah. i’m borrowing it for school. | 是的 我借去学校 |
[22:49] | this is the kind of poetry that melts a girl’s heart. | 这些诗歌会让女孩子的心融化的 |
[22:51] | so romantic. | 太浪漫了 |
[22:53] | oh! here’s a great one– | 这里有一首很棒的 |
[22:56] | “the lover tells of the rose in his heart.” | 《恋人述说他心中的玫瑰》 |
[22:59] | my first boyfriend gave me this poem.i was a junior in– | 我第一个男朋友给我这首诗 我上初中 |
[23:02] | mom, i’m–i’m running late. can i have the book back? | 妈妈 我要迟到了 把书给我 |
[23:05] | oh. sorry. | 对不起 |
[23:12] | enjoy! | 玩得开心 |
[23:18] | katherine, it is not too late to change tonight’s menu. | 凯瑟琳 现在改菜单还不晚 |
[23:21] | if linda flanagan likes my food, | 如果琳达・弗拉纳根喜欢我的食物 |
[23:23] | she might give me a quote for the book jacket. | 她也许会提到我的新书的 |
[23:26] | i have to knock her socks off, | 必须让她大吃一惊 |
[23:28] | and i am not betting the farm on haddock. | 不能只靠鳕鱼 |
[23:31] | argue with me all you like. | 告诉我你喜欢的东西 |
[23:32] | i just bought 40 pounds of pork, so get your tushie over here. | 我刚买了40磅的猪肉 你最好赶紧过来 |
[23:38] | orson! did you get my message about linda flanagan? | 奥森 你收听了琳达・弗拉纳根采访我吗 |
[23:40] | yes, i heard. | 听了 |
[23:41] | isn’t it amazing? | 太棒了不是吗 |
[23:43] | mm. almost as amazing as my on-air death notice. | 嗯 赶得上广播我的死讯了 |
[23:47] | what? | 你胡说什么 |
[23:47] | “so, bree, do you have a husband?” | “布里 你丈夫吗” |
[23:50] | “nope. used to. he croaked.” | “没有 以前有 他翘辫子了” |
[23:52] | she didn’t ask if i had a husband. | 她不是问我我有没有丈夫 |
[23:54] | she asked if there was a mr. van de kamp, | 她问我范德坎普先生在吗 |
[23:56] | and there’s clearly not. | 那当然说不在啦 |
[23:58] | well, there’s a mr. hodge. | 但是有个豪治先生 |
[24:00] | would it have killed you to have mentioned me? | 提一下我会死吗 |
[24:01] | and waste valuable airtime? | 会浪费宝贵的播音时间 |
[24:03] | the show was about my cookbook, | 广播是为了采访我的烹饪书的 |
[24:04] | not about my tortured marital history. | 不是采访我的婚姻状况 |
[24:07] | that’s not what this is about. | 我想说的不是这个 |
[24:09] | it’s because i went to jail, isn’t it? | 是因为我坐过牢吗 |
[24:12] | orson, i have 6 hours to prepare a meal for 80 people. | 奥森 我只有六个小时来准备80个人的食物 |
[24:15] | we’re not having this discussion now. | 现在我们不能讨论这个问题 |
[24:18] | just admit it. you’re ashamed of me. | 承认吧 我让你觉得羞愧 |
[24:21] | should i be proud? | 那我应该以你为傲吗 |
[24:22] | do you want me to go on the radio and boast | 你想要我在节目上到处宣传 |
[24:24] | that my husband served time for running someone over? | 我的丈夫曾经因为撞人逃逸坐牢吗 |
[24:27] | i went to jail because you told me | 我去坐牢是因为你说 |
[24:29] | it was the only way you’d take me back. | 只有那样你才原谅我 |
[24:30] | and because it was the right thing to do. | 因为那么做是正确的 |
[24:35] | i just didn’t know then that i would be a public figure someday. | 我当时不知道我会成为公众人物 |
[24:38] | but i am. i have a name now. | 但我现在已经是了 我现在有名气了 |
[24:40] | and luckily for you, it’s not mine. | 你真幸运 但我不出名 |
[24:45] | orson, please don’t be hurt. | 奥森 请别难过 |
[24:47] | i am under so much pressure and so terrified i’ll fail | 我现在压力很大还要担心失败 |
[24:50] | that i don’t even know what i’m saying half the time. | 大部分时间我都不知道自己说什么 |
[24:54] | just let me get through this. | 让我好好把宴会忙完 |
[24:55] | as soon as the plates go out tonight, | 我答应你只要宴会一结束 |
[24:57] | i will come home and cook you that pot roast i promised. | 我就立刻回家给你做炖肘肉 |
[25:00] | okay? | 行吗 |
[25:05] | okay. | 好吧 |
[25:08] | it’s just that… i– | 只是 我 |
[25:10] | chives! how could i forget chives? | 香葱 我居然把香葱给忘了 |
[25:18] | hey, susan, it’s me. | 喂 苏珊 是我 |
[25:21] | listen, i’m not gonna be able to make dinner tonight. | 听着 今晚我不过来吃晚饭了 |
[25:24] | my college roommate’s in town, | 我大学舍友来了 |
[25:25] | and this is the only night we can get together. | 我们只有今晚能见上一面 |
[25:27] | oh. is his name mike delfino? | 他的名字叫麦克.德尔非诺吗? |
[25:30] | did you room together at liars’ college? | 你的室友也是个牛皮大王吗? |
[25:33] | um, i know it’s last-minute,and i’m really sorry, | 真的很抱歉 这么晚才通知你 |
[25:35] | but i still wanna see you. | 但我还是很想见你 |
[25:36] | so how about i drop by later? | 要不我晚些再过来 |
[25:39] | call me if that’s a problem. | 如果有问题的话打给我 |
[25:41] | yeah, you’ll drop by later… | 是的 你一会儿再过来 |
[25:43] | with potato skins on your breath,you miserable two-timer! | 满口带着的土豆皮的味道 你这个该死的负心汉 |
[25:48] | what’s wrong, mom? | 妈妈 怎么了 |
[25:50] | nothing. | 没什么 |
[25:52] | just, the answering machine lied to mommy. | 刚才答录机对妈妈说谎了 |
[25:58] | [我发现了一首如你本人般优美的诗 我很想你] | |
[26:02] | [《恋人述说他心中的玫瑰》 威廉・巴特勒・叶芝的诗] | |
[26:07] | oh,crap on things. | 哦 惨了 |
[26:11] | crap on what things? | 什么惨了 |
[26:17] | porter sent me a sex poem. | 波特发了一首情诗给我 |
[26:20] | what? why? | 什么 为什么 |
[26:22] | he may be in love with me. | 可能他爱上我了 |
[26:26] | why would he be in love with you? | 他怎么会爱上你的 |
[26:28] | okay… remember how you told me | 好吧 还记得你叫我 |
[26:31] | i should stop talking to him online? | 别在网上和他聊天吗 |
[26:33] | well, of course, i didn’t, | 很明显 我没有 |
[26:35] | and i sort of told him i liked his poetry. | 我好象还告诉他我很喜欢他的诗 |
[26:38] | you told a teenage boy that you liked his poetry? | 你告诉一个男孩你喜欢他的诗 |
[26:41] | jeez, lynette! why not just flash him a boob? | 天哪 勒奈特 干嘛不来个视频给他看看胸部 |
[26:44] | shh! he’ll hear you. | 嘘 他会听见的 |
[26:45] | so what are you gonna do? | 那你现在怎么办 |
[26:46] | are you gonna tell him the truth now, | 准备告诉他真相吗 |
[26:47] | or are you gonna wait until after he kills me | 还是等到他杀了我 |
[26:49] | and blinds himself? | 并弄瞎自己再说 |
[26:50] | calm down. i’m gonna break it off in an e-mail. | 冷静点 我准备发一封邮件来分手 |
[26:54] | oh, great. just like that? that’ll kill him. | 真棒 你这么做会伤害他的 |
[26:57] | i know that you have only been on the receiving | 我知道你在向来都是 |
[26:58] | end of break-up letters, | 收到分手信的那个 |
[27:00] | but i’ve actually written a few, | 但我的确写过一些分手信 |
[27:02] | and i know how to let him down easy. | 我知道该怎样平复他 |
[27:05] | “dear porter, i really like you, | “亲爱的波特 我真的很喜欢你 |
[27:08] | but i wanna see other offspring.” | 我还想从其他小孩里选选” |
[27:12] | go away. | 走开 |
[27:20] | you know, i’m kinda surprised | 我有点惊讶 |
[27:21] | we still made michelle’s list this year, | 我们今年依然还在米歇尔的邀请名单中 |
[27:22] | what with me working at the club. | 很多人都曾与我共事过 |
[27:24] | oh, don’t be silly, carlos. we’re still on everyone’s list. | 别犯傻了 卡洛斯 我们仍在所有人的名单中 |
[27:28] | -now let’s go. -okay. | -好 我们走吧 -好的 |
[27:36] | gaby, are we in the banquet hall? | 加布 我们在宴会大厅里吗 |
[27:39] | what’s all the noise? | 怎么这么吵 |
[27:40] | oh, it’s just the caterers putting glasses | 工作人员在摆放玻璃杯和银器 |
[27:41] | and silverware on the tables. | 当然吵 |
[27:43] | they make some racket, huh? | 真是热闹的宴会啊 |
[27:45] | but the decorations are stunning. | 艳丽的饰物让我晕眩 |
[27:47] | especially that waterfall effect. | 还有漂亮的人造瀑布 |
[27:49] | -gaby? -bree! | -加布 -布里 |
[27:53] | shouldn’t you be in the kitchen? | 你应该在厨房才对呀 |
[27:57] | don’t move, honey. the press is taking your photo. | 别乱走 亲爱的 媒体正在给你拍照 |
[28:03] | what are you doing here? you were disinvited. | 你在这儿干什么 你没被邀请啊 |
[28:05] | i got it all figured out. | 我能搞定这一切 |
[28:06] | we duck inside, make sure we’re seen by all the right people– | 我们悄悄进来 让该见的人都见过后 |
[28:09] | except mrs. downing– | 当然除了唐宁夫人 |
[28:10] | and then after about 20 minutes, we cut out. | 大概20分钟后 我们就撤了 |
[28:12] | well, i know nothing. just keep me out of it. | 好吧 我什么都不知道 别把我扯进来 |
[28:16] | what is carlos doing? | 卡洛斯在干什么 |
[28:33] | -where is he? -where is who? | -他在哪 -谁在哪 |
[28:36] | like you don’t know– jackson. | 别装不知道 杰克逊 |
[28:37] | well, he’s not here. | 他不在这儿 |
[28:39] | really? whose is this? | 真的 那这是谁喝的 |
[28:42] | i… d–i don’t know. some guy’s. | 我 我不知道 其他人吧 |
[28:45] | “i… i don’t know”? | “我 我不知道” |
[28:47] | well, i hope that “some guy” | 那我觉得”其他人” |
[28:50] | doesn’t mind this. | 应该不介意这样吧 |
[28:52] | no, susan, really, i wouldn’t… | 别这样 苏珊 真的 我 |
[28:54] | lady, what are you doing to my beer? | 女士 你在我的啤酒里摆弄什么 |
[28:58] | we’re not married anymore, | 我们已经不是夫妻了 |
[29:00] | so i don’t have to protect you. | 没义务再保护你了 |
[29:03] | i am… so sorry. | 我 很抱歉 |
[29:07] | miss? | 小姐 |
[29:08] | um… could you just… | 你能否 |
[29:11] | please take good care of my friend? | 关照一下我的朋友 |
[29:16] | jackson canceled on me. | 杰克逊没来见我 |
[29:19] | he said you weren’t comfortable with us hanging out. | 他说我们一起聚会 让你感觉很不爽 |
[29:21] | he said that? | 他这么说了 |
[29:21] | and i think i said, “meow.” | 我记得我说了 “喵” |
[29:25] | i am such a jackass. | 我真是个笨女人 |
[29:27] | so why don’t you want us hanging out? | 你为什么不让我们一起出去玩 |
[29:30] | well, i was pretty ticked off that | 我必须指出 |
[29:31] | you told jackson about the ear thing. | 是因为你告诉杰克逊我耳朵的事情 |
[29:33] | oh, god. the second i said that, | 哦天哪 那次我的确有这么说过 |
[29:35] | i wished i hadn’t. i-i’m really sorry. | 真希望当时没说过 我很抱歉 |
[29:40] | apology accepted. | 接受你的道歉 |
[29:43] | so if i promise to behave, can we still hang out? | 那我保证不再那么干了 我们可以碰面吗 |
[29:46] | ’cause i really think it’d be good for m.j., | 我觉得这样做对MJ有好处 |
[29:48] | just seeing that we’re all friends. | 大家看起来都是好朋友 |
[29:51] | i don’t… | 我不 |
[29:52] | what? | 什么 |
[29:54] | i’m just not comfortable with | 你和杰克逊走这么近 |
[29:56] | you and jackson getting that close. | 我觉得很不舒服 |
[29:58] | okay. | 好吧 |
[30:01] | it’s just… | 就是 |
[30:04] | i don’t want him to see me through your eyes. | 我不要他通过你的视角 来了解我 |
[30:09] | how exactly do you think i see you? | 你认为我对你了解有多少 |
[30:12] | well, those last few months we were together, i… | 我们最后相处的几个月里 我 |
[30:15] | the things i said to you, the way i acted… | 我对你说的话 我处事的方式 |
[30:18] | i mean, i’m not proud of the person i became. | 我是指 我对当时的”我” 并不感到自豪 |
[30:21] | that was a bad time, susan. | 那段时间很糟糕 苏珊 |
[30:24] | we’re not those people anymore. | 我们不再是那样的人了 |
[30:27] | and if you could see yourself through my eyes, | 你要是真正看到我有多么了解你 |
[30:30] | you’d know you got nothing to worry about. | 你就完全不必再担心了 |
[30:39] | could you please take care of this guy? | 你能否照顾他一下 |
[30:43] | he’s my friend, too. | 他也是我的朋友 |
[30:57] | I am glad to see you. | 真高兴见到你 |
[31:00] | where you been? | 你去哪了 |
[31:01] | out, uh, doing some thinking. | 出去了 思考人生 |
[31:05] | and i’ve decided that | 我决定 |
[31:07] | i may have gone a little overboard about you and mike | 不再插手你和麦克的事了 |
[31:10] | in fact, i think it’s cool if you wanna hang out with my ex. | 其实 我觉得要是你和我前夫聚会 挺酷的 |
[31:15] | hey, susie q.! | 小苏苏 |
[31:17] | just shakin’ the dew off the lily. | 我刚看了到了”百合花的晨露” |
[31:19] | and speaking of, | 用一句话说 |
[31:21] | that paint job in the guest can is nice. kudos. | 这副作品非常漂亮 果然宝刀未老 |
[31:24] | what are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[31:25] | well, julie needed me to cosign some insurance stuff for her, | 朱莉要我来替她办理连署保险的事宜 |
[31:29] | and i guess i lost track of time | 我想我错过了这里 |
[31:31] | talking to crunchy granola here. | 婚姻破碎的精彩场面 |
[31:34] | plumber to housepainter in one move, susie? | 水管工搬走了 苏珊 |
[31:37] | don’t get dizzy climbin’ that social ladder. | 继续攀爬社会阶层悠着点儿 别晕了 |
[31:39] | -can you leave, please? -just think… | -拜托你快走 -我觉得 |
[31:41] | if i’d been a roofer, we might still be together. sigh. get out. | -我是这儿的开拓者 我们仍应在一起 感叹啊! -快滚 |
[31:46] | see ya around, hacky sack. | 再见了 大沙包 |
[31:53] | so… any more exes i should know about? | 还有什么”前事”我应当了解的 |
[32:03] | don’t you just love michelle’s parties? | 你喜不喜欢米歇尔的派对 |
[32:04] | oh, they are fun. mm-hmm. | 真是太有意思了 |
[32:06] | but i enjoy my intimate lunches with michelle even more. | 但我更怀念我和米歇尔面对面共进午餐的场景 |
[32:09] | we have intimate lunches. we’re friends. | 我们经常共进午餐 我们是好朋友 |
[32:11] | well, you simply must come to the charity auction | 那你下周末定要来参加 |
[32:13] | at ted’s gallery next weekend. | 泰德画廊的慈善拍卖会 |
[32:16] | really? we’d love to. | 真的吗 乐意至极 |
[32:21] | gaby! | 加布 |
[32:22] | well, it’s the caterer! | 哇 酒宴承办人来了 |
[32:25] | everything is fabulous. | 一切都太妙了 |
[32:26] | but would you be a dear and get me some more wine? | 能给我再加一小杯酒吗 |
[32:29] | i would be happy to. | 非常乐意 |
[32:31] | i just want to make sure it’s the kind you like. | 但我想确定一下 你喜欢哪种酒 |
[32:37] | you’re still here? | 你怎么还在这里 |
[32:39] | dinner is about to be served. whose seats are you in? | 宴会就要开始了 你坐在谁的座位上 |
[32:41] | the bowmans. | 保曼一家 |
[32:42] | i found out mrs. bowman is home with the flu. score! | 我听说保曼太太得流感了 太棒了 |
[32:46] | oh, will you unclench? it’ll be fine. | 你别说出去 没事儿的 |
[32:53] | that was mr. bowman, wasn’t it? | 那是保曼先生 是吗 |
[32:54] | yes, and i’m pretty sure | 是的 而且我很确定 |
[32:55] | that elderly woman with him was his mother! | 那个老太太是他的妈妈 |
[32:57] | what kind of man leaves his sick wife at home | 这男人怎么把老婆留家里 |
[32:59] | to go party with mommy?! | 带老妈过来了 |
[33:00] | you can fix this. just tell them that you’re at the wrong table | 你能搞定的 出去告诉他们你们坐错台了 |
[33:02] | and then slip out the side door. right. | -然后再从侧门溜出去 -好的 |
[33:04] | yes, sir, he has absolutely no– | 是的 先生 他完全没有 |
[33:07] | that was the matred’, wasn’t it? | 他就是主角 对吗 |
[33:08] | yes, and he appears to be checking the guest list. | 是的 碰巧他正在核对宾客的名单 |
[33:09] | which we’re not on. | 但我们没有被邀请 |
[33:10] | okay, you can fix this. | 这局面还有救 |
[33:11] | just explain you’re going to a different party | 就说你们本来要去俱乐部 |
[33:13] | here at the club and that you got confused. | 后来搞混了 误打误撞来了这里 |
[33:15] | mrs. downing never has to know. right. | -这样不必惊动唐宁太太 -太好了 |
[33:17] | you need to leave! out. | 你要离开 出去 |
[33:21] | that’s mrs. downing. how am i gonna fix this? | 那正是唐宁太太 我该怎么办 |
[33:24] | at this point, i would just run off screaming into the night. | 事到如今 唯有大吼大叫地出去了 |
[33:27] | thank you. mm-hmm. | 谢谢你的意见 |
[33:30] | get your hands off me. | 手给我放开 |
[33:31] | gaby! gaby! | 加布 加布 |
[33:36] | poor blind bastard. | 可怜的盲鬼 |
[33:38] | i’ll meet him outside. | 我还是出去找他好了 |
[33:47] | what?hi, edie. | -什么事 -你好啊 伊迪 |
[33:52] | i just wanted to say i feel awful about what i said to you. | 我想说 对你说了那些话之后 我心很不安 |
[33:55] | you know, that crack i made the other day? | 前几天我说了的那些废话 |
[34:00] | okay. | 好的 |
[34:02] | that’s nice of you. | 你挺贴心的 |
[34:06] | are you all right? | 你还好吧 |
[34:07] | actually, no. my cat’s missing. | 事实上 不好 我的猫走失了 |
[34:10] | toby? mm-hmm. | 托比吗 |
[34:11] | since when? | 什么时候的事 |
[34:12] | it’s been two days, and he’s never been out this long. | 他已经出走两天了 以前从没有这样的情况 |
[34:15] | oh, i’m so sorry. | 真替你难过 |
[34:16] | i’m sure he’s fine. | 我相信他会没事的 |
[34:18] | yeah. well… | 是的 |
[34:21] | could you tell dave… | 能帮我向大卫转告一声 |
[34:23] | tell him i apologized? and, uh, you and i are good, huh? | 跟他说我道歉了 我们冰释前嫌了 |
[34:28] | i guess i could. | 没问题 |
[34:30] | why do you want him–oh, just tell him, please. | -为什么要转告 -尽管告诉他就好 麻烦了 |
[34:41] | i cannot believe you pulled a stunt like that. | 真不敢相信你会耍这样的花招 |
[34:43] | what?i was just trying to salvage | 怎么了 我只是尽力 |
[34:45] | what’s left of our social life. | 再融入社交生活而已 |
[34:47] | now just let it go | 现在 也别提了 |
[34:49] | and start thinking about where we’re gonna move. | 倒不如想想现在我们该去哪里 |
[34:49] | this is not a joke, gaby. | 加布 我不是跟你开玩笑的 |
[34:52] | i work with these people. | 他们是我的客户 |
[34:53] | i have to show my face tomorrow. it’s humiliating. | 我明天还要见到他们 这脸丢尽了 |
[34:56] | you wanna know what’s humiliating? | 想知道什么才是真丢人吗 |
[34:58] | waking up one day and finding out you’re invisible. | 一觉醒来 发现自己是个可有可无的人 |
[35:00] | now it’s official. i’ve lost everything. | 真的 我什么都没了 |
[35:04] | everything? | 一切 |
[35:05] | first our money, then my figure, | 首先是没钱 然后是身材走样 |
[35:07] | now the last shreds of our social standing. | 现在 连最后的社会地位也没了 |
[35:11] | we haven’t lost a thing | 我们什么也没有失去 |
[35:12] | except the chance to hobnob with a bunch of unhappy snobs. | 要数的话 就是少了个和可怜势利鬼攀谈的机会 |
[35:16] | what do you mean, they’re unhappy? | 可怜 你什么意思 |
[35:19] | they’re rich! they have jewels and cooks. | 他们腰缠万贯 有珠宝 有私厨 |
[35:21] | they use “winter” as a verb. | 他们可以环游世界 |
[35:24] | i rub them, gaby, | 我帮他们按摩 加布 |
[35:26] | and there is nothing that a blind masseur doesn’t hear about. | 一个盲按摩师 什么事都听在心里 |
[35:30] | trust me. | 相信我 |
[35:31] | they are every bit as miserable as i was | 他们和当年追名逐利的我 |
[35:33] | when i was out there chasing that stuff. | 如出一辙 同样悲惨 |
[35:41] | we have lost nothing that matters. | 我们失去的都无关要紧 |
[35:45] | we have a home, we have each other, | 我们有家庭 我们共偕连理 |
[35:48] | we have work that supports us, | 我们工作 自力更生 |
[35:49] | and we have two beautiful little girls that… | 我们有两个爱我们 |
[35:54] | love us more than ice cream. | 甚于雪糕的可爱女儿 |
[35:59] | i’ve never been happier in my life. | 我从未感到如此幸福过 |
[36:03] | are you serious? | 你真的这么想的吗 |
[36:04] | yes, | 当然 |
[36:05] | and the only thing that would make me happier | 若要我更感欣慰 就是 |
[36:08] | is for you to realize how good we’ve got it. | 你也能明白这个道理 |
[36:19] | “i have never talked to such a wonderful guy, | “能和你谈心 实属荣幸 |
[36:21] | but i should’ve told you i’m already seeing somebody…” | 早该告诉你 我已心有所属” |
[36:23] | blah, blah, blah… | 以下省略几万字 |
[36:25] | “continue to trust your heart, and your dreams will follow.” | “随心所指 梦能成真” |
[36:29] | wow, lynette. | 哇 勒奈特 |
[36:31] | best dear john letter ever. | 这是最棒的断交信了 |
[36:33] | uh… thanks. | 谢谢 |
[36:35] | except you might wanna change that part | 除了要改改后面的署名 |
[36:37] | where you signed it “love, m | 那句 “爱你的 妈妈” |
[36:39] | what? no it didnt | 什么 我才没那么写 |
[36:40] | yeah, you did… | 是啊 你就是那样写的 |
[36:42] | right there. | 在这呢 |
[36:45] | you sent it?! | 你已经发了 |
[36:46] | oh, my god! oh, my god! | 我的天啊 神啊 |
[36:48] | oh, my god! oh, my god! oh, my god! | 我的天啊 天啊 天啊 |
[36:50] | why didn’t you say something?!i did! | -你怎么不跟我说 -说了 |
[36:52] | you said it was great. way to bury the lead, tom! | 你不是大力表扬的吗 真会狡辩 汤姆 |
[36:58] | tom, don’t you dare! | 汤姆 你敢 |
[37:00] | hey, one of us needs to live to take care of the other one. | 保存性命是革命的本钱 |
[37:04] | oh, god. | 天啊 |
[37:28] | mind if i join you? | 我可以坐下来吗 |
[37:33] | okay, i know what i did… | 我知道我的所作所为… |
[37:36] | was unforgivable. | 不可原谅 |
[37:37] | and i am not trying to make excuses, but… | 我也不是来为自己开脱的 但 |
[37:42] | we used to talk all the time, | 我们以前总是无话不谈 |
[37:45] | and then one day it just stopped, | 不知某天起 我们之间没了话题 |
[37:47] | and it killed me. | 我心里很不是滋味 |
[37:50] | i felt like i lost you. | 感觉跟你没了默契 |
[37:53] | and then i was saraj, and i had you back, | 我装成别人 默契又再次建立 |
[37:55] | and we were talking again, and you were telling me things. | 我们有了话题 你尽情畅谈 |
[37:58] | i wasn’t telling you anything. | 我不是和你畅谈 |
[38:01] | i was telling her. | 是和她 |
[38:05] | okay. | 好的 |
[38:14] | well, for what it’s worth, | 无论如何 |
[38:16] | i loved our conversations, | 我喜欢和你聊天 |
[38:18] | and i’m… going to miss them. | 我会怀念那些对话的 |
[38:28] | me, too. | 我也是 |
[38:37] | orson, you’re still up. | 奥森 你还没睡 |
[38:39] | oh, i wish you could’ve been there. | 你真希望你也在现场 |
[38:41] | linda flanagan loved my food. | 琳达・弗拉纳根喜欢我做的菜 |
[38:43] | she said i was “god’s gift to the table” | 她评价它为上帝的恩赐 |
[38:45] | and that i could quote her on the book jacket. | 我打算把这句话印在新书的封面上 |
[38:49] | are you all right? | 你还好吧 |
[38:51] | i’m hungry. | 我饿了 |
[38:52] | it’s after midnight. haven’t you eaten? | 这都半夜了 你还没吃吗 |
[38:54] | i was waiting for you. | 我在等你呢 |
[38:56] | you said you’d make me pot roast. | 你说了要给我做炖肉的 |
[38:58] | i am so sorry. i-i lost all track of time, | 抱歉 我都忘了时间了 |
[39:01] | and linda had so many questions about the food. | linda问了我很多关于食物的问题 |
[39:04] | i’ll make you that pot roast tomorrow, okay?no. | -明天再给你做吧 好吗 -不行 |
[39:10] | i want it now. | 我现在就要吃 |
[39:13] | now? | 现在 |
[39:14] | you promised. | 你答应我的 |
[39:18] | orson, i’ve been cooking all day. | 奥森 我在厨房忙了一天 |
[39:20] | i… i’m so tired, i can barely stand up. | 我很累 脚也站不直了 |
[39:22] | you really want me to make you a pot roast now? | 你真的要我现在给你做炖肉吗 |
[39:27] | you promised. | 你答应过的 |
[40:20] | toby! | 托比 |
[40:22] | where in the world did you come from, huh? | 你在哪里冒出来的 |
[40:40] | yes, everyone appreciates a good neighbor… | 没错 好邻居人人喜欢 |
[40:47] | you know, the kind that helps you with the groceries… | 那个辛勤帮你拿杂货的人 |
[40:52] | but doesn’t ask, “why is your son so moody?” | 却不过问”为何你儿子闷闷不乐” |
[40:57] | the type that delivers misplaced mail | 那个把发错的邮件送到府上的人 |
[41:01] | but doesn’t point out your wife seems discontented… | 却不告知 你太太似乎满腹牢骚 |
[41:09] | the sort that offers to mow your lawn… | 主动要求帮忙修剪草坪的人 |
[41:13] | but doesn’t mention your husband seems cold. | 却只字不提 你那冷酷的丈夫 |
[41:20] | but if you’re not sure the man next door | 如若你不确定 住在隔壁的人 |
[41:22] | is as nice as he would have you believe… | 是否名副其实的好邻居 |
[41:26] | now why would you bring me flowers? | 怎么突然送我花啊 |
[41:28] | ’cause you’ve got a computer, | 因为你家有电脑 |
[41:29] | and i need to find out some stuff about edie’s husband. | 我想借来查查伊迪丈夫的底细 |
[41:33] | do everything you can to get to know him better. | 尽你所能地去了解他 |