时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on… Desperate housewives | |
[00:01] | sounds to me as if someone’s let go of his rage. | 看起来某人丢弃了自己的愤怒 |
[00:04] | – Maybe I have. – Well,i haven’T. | 可能我是的 但是我没有 |
[00:06] | Felicia took matters into her own hands. | Felicia要自己解决问题 |
[00:09] | You want me to call offthe wedding,I’ll do it. | 只要你想让我取消婚礼,我就会取消 |
[00:11] | I’ll do whatever you want. | 无论你让我做什么(我都答应你) |
[00:12] | Karl put the ball in susan’s court… | Karl将决定权交给Susan |
[00:14] | with your D.U.I. Charge,it could get ugly. | 鉴于你的酒后驾车记录 会让你很难堪 |
[00:17] | While andrew tried to take bree to court… | Andrew要在法庭上与Bree兵戎相见 |
[00:19] | – there’s a father. – He’s a kid! | 她有爸爸 他只是一个孩子 |
[00:21] | Gabrielle and carlos took the baby… | Gabrielle和Carlos得到了婴儿 |
[00:23] | the papers aren’t valid anymore. | 合同已经失效了 |
[00:25] | Do you really wanna leave this beautiful little girl | 你真的想将这个美丽的小宝贝 |
[00:26] | with that white trash freak show? | 留给那个脱衣舞娘? |
[00:28] | And ran with it. | 带着她跑掉 |
[00:33] | louisa pate believed in the power of shame. | Louisa Pate是位严师 |
[00:36] | As a teacher,she had found that the best way to control unruly students | 她发现教育不守规矩 学生最好的办法 |
[00:41] | was to instill a strong sense of shame… | 就是在他们父母身上 |
[00:44] | in their parents. | 建立一种强烈的羞辱感 |
[00:46] | I left trisha alonewith the school hamster for only five minutes. | 我不过离开Trisha和学校的仓鼠5分钟 |
[00:51] | In this boxis all that’s left of patches. | 这个盒子里只剩下一些残骸 |
[00:57] | For show and tell,timmy decidedto bring in something | 为了炫耀,Timmy带来了一些东西 |
[01:00] | from your husband’s collection of nazi memorabilia. | 是你丈夫收集的纳粹纪念品 |
[01:05] | Billy’s been threateningto beat up the other kids for their milk money. | Billy通过威胁揍其他小孩的方法 拿走他们的午餐费 |
[01:09] | We found the proceedsin his cubby. | 在他的橱柜我们找到了这些现金 |
[01:14] | Of course,mrs. Pate also knew when it came to unruly children, | 当然,Pate夫人知道 对于一些不守规矩的学生 |
[01:18] | some parents had more reason to be ashamed… | |
[01:22] | than others. | |
[01:23] | So,um… | 所以 |
[01:25] | your message saidthat parker had been involved in some sortof serious incident. | 你说Parker牵涉到某些很严重的事件 |
[01:30] | What–what kindof incident? | 什么 什么类型的事件 |
[01:32] | Yesterday afternoon, | 昨天下午 |
[01:33] | parker offered a cookieto cindy lou peeples if she wouldshow him her vagina. | Parker说如果Cindy lou Peeples 肯让他看私处 那他就给冰激凌 |
[01:40] | What kind of cookie? | 什么点心 |
[01:41] | What does that matter? | 有什么关系吗 |
[01:43] | Oh,it doesn’T. | 哦,当然没有 |
[01:44] | I’m just stalling | 一时失语而已 |
[01:45] | becauseI am completely mortified. | 因为我太震惊了 |
[01:48] | The kids were in a broom closet. | 他们躲在一个清洁工具间里 |
[01:49] | Our janitor walked in on them just as cindy was lifting up her pinafore. | 我们的管理员进去时 刚好看到Cindy掀起了她的裙子 |
[01:52] | Oh,my goodness. | 我的天阿 |
[01:54] | I’m sure you’ve noticedhow obsessive parker can be. | 你也知道parker很顽固 |
[01:56] | A certain subjectwill catch his interest, | 如果一个事物引起了他的兴趣 |
[01:58] | and that’s all he’ll talk aboutfor weeks and weeks. | 他将会在接下来的几周不停的谈论它 |
[02:00] | Oh,right.That happened with dinosaurs. | 是的,以前他对恐龙痴迷时就是这样 |
[02:02] | Oh,yes,we all rememberhis dinosaur phase. | 对阿,我们都记得他的恐龙痴迷期 |
[02:05] | More fondly now than ever. | 这次更麻烦了 |
[02:08] | so you thinkthat now he’s obsessed with… | 所以你认为他现在沉溺于……的问题 |
[02:11] | what’s underneaththe pinafore. Yes. | 在裙子下是什么,是的 |
[02:14] | Look,I thinkhe’s just developed a normal curiosity about the human body. | 我认为他只不过是 对人体产生了正常的好奇心而已 |
[02:19] | You need to talk to him. | 你需要和他谈谈 |
[02:21] | Remind him what’s appropriateand what isn’T. | 提醒他什么是适当的好奇而什么不是 |
[02:24] | Of course.I will talk to him. | 当然,我会和他谈谈 |
[02:26] | I’ll talk to himtill I’m blue in the face. | 哪怕动怒了,也要说 |
[02:28] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[02:29] | Take care. | 保重 |
[02:30] | Yes,louisa pate believed in the power of shame. | 是的Louisa Pate喜欢羞辱人 |
[02:34] | She always believed,when someone has that power… | 她相信,当某人有这种权力时 |
[02:38] | so,mrs. Peeples, | 那么,Peeples夫人 |
[02:39] | you’ll never guess what your daughter is willingto do for a gingersnap. | 你恐怕猜不出你的女儿 会为了冰激凌做什么 |
[02:43] | It’s a shame not to use it. | 不使用它是可耻的 |
[03:06] | The Desperate Housewives | 绝望的主妇 |
[03:14] | Season 02 Episode 19 | |
[03:21] | DON’T LOOK AT ME | 不要看着我 |
[03:31] | It had been six weeks | 从andrew van de kamp |
[03:32] | since andrew van de kamp had declared war | |
[03:35] | on his mother bree. | |
[03:37] | The final battle was about to be waged at the fairview county courthouse. | 最终战役将在郡法院展开 |
[03:42] | Bree knew it was about to get bloody. | Bree知道将会两败俱伤 |
[03:45] | What she didn’t know was… | 但是她不知道的是 |
[03:48] | the calvary was on its way… | 末日即将到来 |
[03:51] | bree? | |
[03:52] | Whether she wanted them there or not. | 不论她是否欢迎他们的到来 |
[03:55] | Eleanor! | |
[03:55] | Oh,thank god I found you. | 哦,感谢上帝,我找到你了 |
[03:57] | This place is a maze. | 这个地方像迷宫一样 |
[03:59] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[04:00] | Well,your father and I got a call last night from danielle, | 是这样,你的父亲和我 昨晚接到了Danielle的电话 |
[04:03] | and she said that andrew was taking you to court. | 她说Andrew起诉你 |
[04:07] | I mean,to say that we were shocked would be an understatement. | 我们太震惊了 |
[04:10] | Hello,I’m eleanor mason, | 你好,我是Eleanor Mason |
[04:13] | bree’s stepmother. | bree的继母 |
[04:14] | You’re the lawyer? We should talk. | 你是律师吗 我们需要谈谈 |
[04:15] | Uh,no,I’m not her lawyer. | 哦,不是,我不是她的律师 |
[04:17] | Good. The hair had me worried. | 太好了,你的头发让我担心来着 |
[04:20] | Peter is mom’s sponsor from A.A. | Peter是妈妈AA会议的联系人 |
[04:22] | Oh,sweetie! | 哦,亲爱的 |
[04:25] | since when are you in A.A.? | 何时开始你参加AA会议 |
[04:27] | It’s a recent development. Where’s dad? | 最近而已,爸爸去了哪里? |
[04:29] | In chambers with the judge. | 和法官在会议室里 |
[04:31] | What?! Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[04:33] | Everything is fine. | 一切都搞定了 |
[04:35] | The judge agreed to a postponement. | 法官同意延期 |
[04:37] | Oh,thank god! | 哦,感谢上帝 |
[04:38] | Luckily,he remembered me. | 幸运的是他是一个熟人 |
[04:39] | I spoke once at his law school. | 我在他的法学院做过讲演 |
[04:41] | Pardon me,sir, | 请原谅,先生 |
[04:42] | I’m your daughter’s lawyer. | 我是你女儿的律师 |
[04:44] | Just so you know,we’ve been waiting for this hearing for weeks, | 只是你需要知道 为这次听证我们已经等了几周了 |
[04:47] | son,I’ve been an attorney for 45 years. | 小伙子,我当律师45年了 |
[04:50] | You and I both know how these cases can turn into public spectacles. | 你我都知道这类案件 会多么的吸引眼球 |
[04:54] | Our family is perfectly capable of handling this | 我们的家庭有能力在内部处理好 |
[04:58] | – …in house. – Dad,you don’t understand. | 爸爸,你不知道 |
[05:00] | This has gotten really ugly. | 事情变得很难以收拾 |
[05:01] | That’s why we’re here. | 这是我们来这里的原因 |
[05:04] | We’re gonna put this family back together. | 我们要将这个家庭重新团结起来 |
[05:07] | Whatever it takes. | 不论什么代价 |
[05:14] | and that’s when mr. And mrs. Solis, | 那是为何Solis夫妇 |
[05:16] | fearing for the welfare of this helpless child, | 担心这个无助的孩子的幸福 |
[05:19] | fled the hospital. | 离开了医院 |
[05:20] | You mean,they kidnapped her. | 你是说他们绑架了她 |
[05:23] | Well,technically,that’s true,but | 技术上,是的 |
[05:26] | given the situation that led up to the rescue… | 但是考虑到他们的行为是解救 |
[05:28] | kidnapping. | 绑架 |
[05:31] | Your honor,yes, | 法官大人,是的 |
[05:33] | in retrospect,the plan was a little bit rash, not entirely well thought out. | 他们并没有计划,很匆忙的 |
[05:37] | Idiotic. | 愚蠢 |
[05:38] | can we object to that? | 我们能说”反对”吗 |
[05:40] | But the child is safe,your honor. | 但是婴儿是安全的,法官大人 |
[05:42] | And all we ask the court is to allow baby lily | 我们请求法庭允许将lily |
[05:46] | a lifetime of the care and love she has been receiving | |
[05:50] | from the solises. | |
[05:55] | As much as your story tugs at my heart, | 尽管你的故事很打动我 |
[05:57] | there is the issue of parental rights. | 还是有相关的监护权问题 |
[05:59] | What does the state have to say about this? | 对此州检察官有何意见吗 |
[06:02] | We have located the biological father– mr. Dale helm. | 我们找到了生父,Dale helm先生 |
[06:06] | Unfortunately,uh,circumstances require that he be out of town. | 不巧的是,他现在不在城里 |
[06:10] | He’s in fort lauderdale today. | 他今天在fort lauderdale |
[06:11] | On business? | 商务旅行? |
[06:13] | Spring break,actually. | 实际上是春假 |
[06:15] | Mr. Helm is a high school student. | Helm先生是一个高中生 |
[06:17] | Charming. | 有趣 |
[06:18] | In between keg stands, | 在争夺中 |
[06:20] | did the father happen to mention if he plans to waive parental rights? | 这位父亲是否有计划行使监护权呢 |
[06:23] | I’ve left a number of voice mails, | 我留下了一些语音信息 |
[06:25] | but the only response I’ve gotten is a text message | 但只得到了一条短信息的回复 |
[06:28] | that says | 他说 |
[06:30] | this “blows his mind” and he’s extremely “bummed out.” | 他十分吃惊,沮丧 |
[06:39] | All right… | 好了 |
[06:41] | mr. And mrs. Solis, | Solis先生和夫人 |
[06:43] | since you actually want lily, | 鉴于你们十分关心lily, |
[06:45] | it seems you’re the lesser of two evils. | 两害相权取其轻 |
[06:48] | I’m granting you temporary custody until | 我将赋予你们临时的监护权 |
[06:50] | we can get a straight answer from the birth father. | 直到我们从这个生父 那里得到明确的答覆 |
[06:53] | Thank you, | 谢谢 |
[06:54] | uh,your honor. | 法官大人 |
[06:55] | In the meantime, try not to steal any more babies. | 与此同时,不要再偷婴儿了 |
[06:58] | Oh,we just needed the one. | 哦,我们只需要这一个 |
[07:07] | sweetie? | 亲爱的 |
[07:10] | Um,could you put the crayons down for a second? | 能否将蜡笔先放心几秒钟 |
[07:12] | We need to talk. | 我们需要谈谈 |
[07:14] | So I spoke to your teacher today, | 今天我去见了你的老师 |
[07:16] | and she told me about the… | 她和我说了…… |
[07:20] | cookie deal you made with cindy lou. | 你和cindy lou的冰激凌交易 |
[07:23] | Oh. Are you mad? | 哦,你生气了吗 |
[07:25] | no,not exactly. | 不,没有 |
[07:27] | I’m just… | 我只是 |
[07:28] | I’m trying to understand why you… | 我只是想知道,为何你 |
[07:32] | did that. | 要那样做 |
[07:33] | Tommy keenan told me babies come from down there. | Tommy keenan告诉我婴儿从那里出来 |
[07:36] | It doesn’t sound right to me. | 我不是很理解 |
[07:38] | Well… | 这样 |
[07:39] | actually,he’s kinda right. He’s got the concept down. | 实际上,他有一点点对 他的概念没错 |
[07:42] | That’s weird. | 那就很奇怪了 |
[07:44] | How’s a baby get in there? | 婴儿是怎么到那里去的 |
[07:52] | Daddy will be home from his business trip in a few days. | 你的爸爸还有几天 商务旅行就回来了 |
[07:56] | Why don’t you wait for him? | 为何你不等他回来告诉你 |
[07:57] | – Okay. – Okay. | 好的 好的 |
[08:01] | Or I can ask tommy’s brother. | 或者我去问tommy的哥哥 |
[08:03] | He’s 14, | 他14岁了 |
[08:04] | and he knows everything. | 他什么都知道 |
[08:10] | And then the mommy and the daddy, | 然后妈妈和爸爸 |
[08:11] | because they love each other so much, | 因为他们很爱彼此 |
[08:14] | they hug. | 他们拥抱 |
[08:16] | Real tight. | 十分紧密 |
[08:17] | And,uh,a seed is magically implanted. | 然后一个种子就神奇的植入 |
[08:21] | and nine months later… | 九个月后 |
[08:23] | a baby is born. Here. | 一个婴儿就出生了,就在这里 |
[08:26] | What kind of seed? | 什么种类的种子 |
[08:27] | Oh,that’s not important. | 哦,那不重要 |
[08:31] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信你 |
[08:33] | Parker,I’m your mother. | Parke,我是你的母亲 |
[08:35] | Mothers don’t lie to their sons. | 母亲不会对她们的孩子撒谎的 |
[08:38] | Now go wash your hands or santa’s not gonna bring youanything for christmas. | 去洗手吧,否则圣诞老人 不会给你任何圣诞礼物了 |
[08:49] | I just saw edie drive off. | 我看到edie驾车离开了 |
[08:50] | How long is she gonna be gone? | 她要出去多久? |
[08:51] | I don’t know.She just went to show a house. | 我不知道,她去介绍一个房产 |
[08:53] | Move. | 让开 |
[08:56] | What’s the problem? | 什么事情 |
[08:57] | You mauled mein edie’s bed last night. | 昨晚在Edie的床上你强吻了我 |
[09:00] | I think that deservesa conversation. | 我认为需要谈谈 |
[09:02] | Well,what’s there to talkabout? I’m just a fool in love. | 有什么需要谈的 我只是一个陷入爱河的傻瓜 |
[09:05] | Oh,no!You don’t mean that. | 哦,不 你不是真的那么想 |
[09:08] | Yes,I do. | 是的,我是 |
[09:09] | Look,I realizemy timing’s a little off. | 看,我意识到时机有点晚了 |
[09:12] | a little? | 一点点? |
[09:13] | Ugh… | 啊 |
[09:14] | the helium hasn’t evengone out of the balloons from your engagement party. | 你的订婚派对气球还没有瘪呢 |
[09:19] | okay… | 好的 |
[09:20] | when are you gonna tell edie? | 你打算什么时候告诉Edie? |
[09:21] | Tell her what? | 告诉她什么 |
[09:22] | – That the wedding’s off. – Is it? | 婚礼取消了 是吗 |
[09:24] | – Well,isn’t it? – It’s up to you. | 不是吗 由你决定 |
[09:26] | Are… are you saying… | 你,你是说…… |
[09:28] | that you’re gonnago through with this wedding… | 我不要你结婚 |
[09:30] | unless I tell you not to? | 你就不结婚了? |
[09:32] | Just give me a commitment,susie Q., | 只要你给我一个承诺,susie Q |
[09:34] | And I’ll put a bullet in edie. | 我会抛弃Edie |
[09:35] | This is insane! | 这太疯狂了 |
[09:37] | Come on. | 想想吧 |
[09:40] | All thiscan be yours again. | 我们会鸳梦重温 |
[09:42] | Just say the word… | 只要你说一句 |
[09:45] | and I let go. | 我就会放手 |
[09:46] | Oh,no!No,don’t you dare! | 哦,不,不 你敢 |
[09:48] | You know you want me to.Just say it,susie Q. | 你知道你想我这么做 说吧,susie Q |
[09:52] | You’re… | 你太 |
[09:54] | sick! | 变态了 |
[09:59] | zach,I’m going to the drugstore. | zach我去药房一下 |
[10:01] | I’ll be back in 20 minutes. | 20分钟后回来 |
[10:04] | Whoa! Oh! | 啊,哦 |
[10:20] | paul?! | |
[10:23] | I was making cookies, and iheard the most sickening thud. | 我正在做甜饼,听到了最懵懂的一声 |
[10:27] | Are you okay? | 你还好么? |
[10:29] | There’S… | 门前有… |
[10:30] | shortening on my doorstep. | 酥油 |
[10:33] | Shortening? | 酥油? |
[10:34] | That’s the last thingyou’d want on your front porch. | 那是最不想门廊上有的东西 |
[10:38] | It’s meant for baking. | 只有烤甜饼时候用 |
[10:48] | She’s so adorable | 她太可爱了 |
[10:50] | and I just love the name Lily | 我喜欢Lily这个名字 |
[10:52] | it wasmy grandmother’s name. | 我祖母的名字 |
[10:54] | So how you holding up?You must be exhausted. | 你怎么撑过来的?一定累坏了 |
[10:56] | You know,I’m a little tired, but it’s not too bad. | 有些累,但并不太糟 |
[10:59] | Oh,wait a couple months. She’ll startsleeping through the night. | 几个月后,她就可以睡好觉了 |
[11:01] | Oh,honey,please.Do I look like a masochist? | 拜托,我像受虐狂么? |
[11:03] | Firs thing tomorrow, I’m hiringa nanny and a night nurse. | 明天的第一件事 就是雇保姆和夜间看护 |
[11:06] | No,we’re not. | 不,我们不雇 |
[11:09] | my husband,the comedian. | 我丈夫是个喜剧演员 |
[11:11] | I’m serious. I don’t wantsome stranger raising our baby. | 我是认真的 我不想让陌生人抚养孩子 |
[11:15] | Well,you guys are busy.We should go. | 你们很忙,我们该走了 |
[11:17] | No,it’s okay.I’ll win this battle later. | 没关系,以后翻盘 |
[11:20] | We are not gonna besome yuppie couple pawning off our kid on otherpeople. | 我们不会像雅皮士把孩子当给别人 |
[11:23] | – End of discussion. – Yeah,you should go. | – 讨论结束. – 是啊,你们该走了 |
[11:26] | Yeah.Okay,bye. | OK,再见 |
[11:28] | Good luck. | 好运 |
[11:34] | put down the burrito. | 放下煎饼 |
[11:38] | What is all this crapabout me not getting help? | 为什么不让我找帮手? |
[11:41] | Look,a brand-new babyneeds to bond with its mother. | 新生儿要和母亲接触 |
[11:43] | The church knows it,scienceknows it,nature knows it. | 教堂知道,科学家知道 自然界也知道 |
[11:46] | We have the money. What is wrong with getting a little help? | 我们有钱 找一点帮助有什么不对呢? |
[11:49] | Then I’ll be ableto relax once in a while, | 我就可以休息一下 |
[11:51] | and I’ll be ableto be a better mother. | 成为更好的母亲 |
[11:53] | You wanna bea better mother? | 你想成为更好的母亲? |
[11:54] | Do what my mam* did– | 像我妈妈一样– |
[11:55] | make sacrifices. | 做出牺牲 |
[11:57] | My mam* worked her fingers to the bone for me. | 我妈妈为我拚死拚活 |
[11:59] | And that’s what put herin an early grave! | 因此她才短命 |
[12:04] | Well,thatand the hit-and-run thing. | 实际上是她被撞的 |
[12:15] | look,I don’t know whyyou want to be emancipated, | 我不知道你为什么想独立 |
[12:17] | and I don’t know what you’v been doing to drive him crazy. | 也不知道你为什么让他发疯 |
[12:20] | Bottom line– | 底线是– |
[12:22] | it’s over. | 都结束了 |
[12:23] | It’s now time for you twoto kiss and make up. | 是你们言归于好的时候了 |
[12:28] | And just howare we supposed to do that? | 那要怎么做? |
[12:32] | Here’s a thought… | 是这样… |
[12:33] | just look each otherin the eye and say, | 看着对方的眼睛,说 |
[12:36] | “I forgive you.” | “我原谅你” |
[12:41] | that’s your solution? | 那是你的方法? |
[12:42] | It’s actuallya technique invented by this dutch therapist. | 事实上是一个荷兰医生发明的方法 |
[12:46] | I saw him on tv. | 我在电视上看到 |
[12:47] | He says,if you verbalize forgiveness, | 他说,如果你们口头上原谅 |
[12:50] | the brain can trick the heart in to letting go of resentment. | 大脑可以欺骗心灵 丢弃一切怨恨 |
[12:53] | It really works. I did it with our cleaning lady. | 很有效,我和保姆用过 |
[12:58] | Um,I’m sorry,dad, but I think my relationship with andrew | 对不起,不过我觉得和Andrew的关系 |
[13:01] | – is just a bit more complicatedthan– – would it kill youto at least try? | – 更复杂一些… – 试一下会死么? |
[13:06] | I’ll do it… | 我做… |
[13:07] | for you,grandpa. | 为你,爷爷 |
[13:09] | That’s my boy. | 这才是我孙子 |
[13:11] | Bree? | |
[13:15] | Fine! | 好! |
[13:16] | Yes,um… | 是的,嗯… |
[13:18] | so,um,who goes first? | 那么谁先来? |
[13:20] | Either or.Doesn’t matter. | 都行,没关系 |
[13:24] | Mom, | 妈妈, |
[13:26] | I forgive you. | 我原谅你 |
[13:28] | Andrew, | |
[13:29] | I forgive you. | 我原谅你 |
[13:33] | That wasn’t so hard,was it? | 并不难,不是么? |
[13:35] | Now don’t expectto feel differently right away. | 先别期望有什么变化 |
[13:38] | It takes a while. | 需要时间 |
[13:39] | It took me a weekto forgive esperanza. | 我原谅Esperanza花了1星期 |
[13:42] | But now she’s like family again. | 但她现在像个家人了 |
[13:44] | Family who stole from us. | 偷东西的家人 |
[13:46] | So let’s get backto the way we were, | 让我们回到原先 |
[13:48] | and forget all this nonsenseabout emancipation. | 忘了什么”独立”的蠢话 |
[13:53] | Um… | 呃… |
[13:56] | well,grandpa,I’m–I’m stillgonna need my trust fund. | 爷爷,我还是需要信托基金 |
[14:00] | You see,I-I can’t live in a place where I… | 我不能生活在… |
[14:03] | I don’t feel safe. | 我感到不安全 |
[14:06] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么? |
[14:08] | Well,could you livewith a woman who hits you? | 你能和打人的妈妈住一起么? |
[14:12] | – Bree! – I slapped him once,and he deserved it. | -我扇过一巴掌,他应得的 |
[14:16] | Well,I just asked herto stop drinking. | 我只是让她别酗酒 |
[14:18] | You were drinking? | 你在酗酒? |
[14:19] | She’s in A.A.Her sponsor has long hair. | 她参加了A.A 她的监督人留长发 |
[14:22] | Andrew,I find your concern ironic, | Andrew,我发现你的想法很讽刺 |
[14:24] | given how tanked you werewhen you ran over our neighbor’s motherwith your car. | 考虑到,你曾怎样醉醺醺地 开车碾过邻居的母亲 |
[14:28] | Is she okay? | 她还好么? |
[14:29] | She’s dead! | 她死了! |
[14:32] | Well… | |
[14:33] | mom watched as her boyfriendcommitted suicide. | 妈妈在男友自杀时坐视不管 |
[14:36] | And he was the same guy who killed dad! | 也是他杀死爸爸 |
[14:38] | Andrew falsely accused meof molestation… | Andrew错误地告我性骚扰… |
[14:42] | in a mall! | 在商场里! |
[14:49] | You know,the technique works best if you don’t talk right away. | 先保持沉默 刚才的方法才奏效 |
[14:56] | Okay,let’s go. | 好,我们走 |
[14:57] | I don’t wannabe late for the movie. | 我不想电影迟到 |
[14:58] | Oh,those are pretty.Who sent those? | 这些很漂亮,谁送的? |
[15:03] | What? | 什么? |
[15:05] | “Say the word and I’m yours.Love,karl.” | “说出来我就属于你,爱你的Karl” |
[15:08] | Mom,I knew this would happen when you started hanging around together, | 妈,我知道你们相处时 |
[15:10] | all of your old feeling sresurfacing. | 旧时的感觉会重现 |
[15:12] | No,his feelings. | 不,他的感觉 |
[15:13] | He’s the one with the feelings,not me. | 他是有感觉的,不是我 |
[15:16] | Uh-huh. | 阿哈 |
[15:17] | Okay,don’t “uh-huh” me. You’renot old enough to do that. | 好,不要”啊哈” 你年纪还不够 |
[15:20] | Oh,no?Well,how do you like this– | 是么?你觉得这个怎样 |
[15:22] | I’m not gonna go to the movies with you. | 我不和你去看电影 |
[15:24] | You’re gonna make mego by myself? | 你要我自己去? |
[15:25] | Well,you could alwaysask dad to go. | 你可以叫爸爸去 |
[15:27] | In fact,if you love him so much, why don’t you marry him? | 事实上,如果你这么爱他 为什么不嫁给他? |
[15:29] | Oh,wait,you already did. Twice. | 等等,你已经嫁了 两次 |
[16:01] | Oh,you know what? I think we’re gonna need some napkins with this. | 我觉得需要些纸巾 |
[16:03] | Oh,okay,I’ll go back. | 好,我去拿 |
[16:05] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:07] | My ex-boyfriend’s here. If he sees me alone,I’ll die. | 前男友看到我一个人 我会死掉 |
[16:09] | I’m begging you,please, act like you know me. | 求你装作认识我 |
[16:12] | Susan? Hey! | Susan? 嘿! |
[16:14] | Mike,hi! what a surprise. | Mike,hi! 真巧 |
[16:16] | How are ya?Good. | 你怎样? 很好 |
[16:21] | Oh!God,I–I’m being so rude. | 天,我真无礼 |
[16:23] | Um,mike,I-I want you to meet… | Mike,介绍你认识… |
[16:28] | orson hodge. | |
[16:30] | Nice to meet you,mike. | 高兴见到你,Mike |
[16:33] | Wow,I can’t believe I’m finally seeing the man himself in the flesh. | 喔,不敢相信终于见到真人 |
[16:38] | So… how’d you two meet? | 那么,你们怎么认识的? |
[16:42] | Oh,god,I’ve beenher dentist for years. | 我做她的牙医好多年了 |
[16:45] | but last week,I was looking in her mouth | 而上个星期,我看着她的嘴 |
[16:48] | and decidedto stick my tongue in it. | 于是决定伸舌头进去 |
[16:54] | I’ll see ya,susan. | 以后见,Susan |
[16:59] | thank you so muchfor helping me out. | 非常感谢帮忙 |
[17:01] | Hey,I’m great in a crisis. | 我善于处理危机 |
[17:04] | well,I definitely pickedthe right person to sit next to. | 我一定选对了人 |
[17:09] | Actually,is this seat taken? | 事实上,这里有人么? |
[17:12] | – No. – Okay,you can sharemy popcorn. | – 没有 – 好,你可以吃爆米花 |
[17:17] | Um,susan… | 呃,Susan… |
[17:19] | this is becky. | 这是Becky. |
[17:21] | I’ll probably be sharing her popcorn. | 大概要吃她的爆米花 |
[17:26] | I’ll just waittill the lights go out, and then I’ll… | 等到熄灯,我就…. |
[17:37] | while I get this going,can you bring out the buns? | 等我弄好了,把面包拿出来 |
[17:39] | Uh,yeah. | 好 |
[17:44] | – what the hell?- You all right? | – 怎么回事 – 你还好么? |
[17:52] | This isn’t lighter fluid.It’s gasoline. | 不是打火机油,是汽油 |
[17:54] | What? | 什么? |
[17:55] | How’d that get in there? | 怎么搞的? |
[17:58] | How do you think? | 你觉得呢? |
[18:04] | Something smells goodover there. | 闻起来很香 |
[18:09] | Well,I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[18:10] | Is she trying to kill you? | 她想杀死你? |
[18:12] | No,she’s tryingto piss me off. | 不,她想惹毛我 |
[18:14] | Why? | 为什么? |
[18:16] | I’m not sure yet, | 不确定 |
[18:18] | but I do knowI’m not gonna play along. | 我可不奉陪了 |
[18:20] | We got plenty of burgersif you want to pop over. | 有很多汉堡包,想来拜访么 |
[18:24] | And bring your appetite. | 带着胃口来 |
[18:32] | gaby,the baby. | Gaby,孩子 |
[18:36] | No,I got up twice already.It’s your turn. | 不,我已经起来2次了 该你了 |
[18:40] | Gaby,I have severaljob interviews tomorrow. I need my sleep. | Gaby,我明天有面试,需要睡眠 |
[18:44] | What about my sleep? | 那我的睡眠呢? |
[18:50] | You sleepwhen the baby sleeps. | 孩子睡觉的时候你再睡觉 |
[18:52] | Every 40 minutes? When am I supposedto have a life? | 每40分钟? 我什么时候才能有正常生活? |
[18:56] | What are you whining about? | 你在发什么牢骚? |
[18:58] | You know,xiao-mei doesall the housework around here. | 你知道,xiao-mei做了家里所有的家务 |
[19:00] | All you have to dois take care of the baby. | 你所要做的仅仅是照顾孩子 |
[19:02] | Fine,fine,fine! | 好,好,好! |
[19:09] | xiao-mei. | |
[19:11] | wake up. | 醒醒 |
[19:13] | Mrs. Solis? | Solis太太? |
[19:15] | Something wrong? | 发生什么事了么? |
[19:16] | the baby won’t stop crying, and I haven’t sleptfor two days. | baby不能止住哭声,我两天都没睡觉了 |
[19:19] | Will you please take lily for a while? | 你能带一会lily么? |
[19:22] | oh,come on. I won’t make youdo windows tomorrow. | 哦,来吧。我明天不会让你擦窗户了 |
[19:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:28] | What do I do? | 我能做什么? |
[19:29] | Well,she’s a baby.You hold her. | 是这样,她是个小婴儿,你抱着她 |
[19:32] | You bounce her and, I don’t know, maybe sing a little something. | 你拍拍她,我不知道 也许你可以唱首歌 |
[19:37] | Ahh. | 啊 |
[19:39] | Oh,and xiao-mei, | 哦,还有,xiao-mei |
[19:40] | mr. Solis does not need to know about this,okay? | Solis先生不需要知道这些,明白么? |
[19:43] | – Okay. – Okay. | 好的,好的 |
[19:51] | yeah,honey,can youtake that downstairs? | 你能去楼下吗? |
[19:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:03] | Eleanor,I thought you’d gone to bed. | Eleanor,我以为你睡了 |
[20:04] | Oh,no,not yet.I had to do my hair now. | 没呢,我还要做头发 |
[20:07] | There’s never enough timein the morning. | 早上没时间的 |
[20:09] | Uh,sit. | 坐吧 |
[20:11] | There’s somethingI have to discuss with you. | 我想和你讨论点事 |
[20:14] | Your father and ihave decided to take an drew back to rhode islandwith us. | 你父亲和我要带andrew回罗德岛 |
[20:19] | Really? | 是吗? |
[20:21] | And whose idea was that? | 谁的主意? |
[20:23] | Andrew’S. | Andrew的 |
[20:24] | But henry and I feelit’s the right thing to do. | 我们觉得这样做是正确的 |
[20:30] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不是 |
[20:35] | If we leave him here, | 如果我们把他留下 |
[20:36] | the two of youwill wind up in court, | 你们最终会闹上法庭 |
[20:39] | and I’m notgoing to allow that. | 我不会允许它发生 |
[20:41] | Do you really think that I am enjoying airing my dirty laundry in public? | 你真以为我喜欢把家丑外扬? |
[20:46] | This whole situationis mortifying. | 局势能控制住 |
[20:49] | But I can’t back downbecause he is my son, | 但不能因为他是我儿子就屈服 |
[20:51] | and I need more timeto get through to him. | 我需要时间和他沟通 |
[20:54] | You never give up. | 你从不放弃 |
[20:57] | I’ve always admired thatabout you. | 我一直很欣赏你这一点 |
[21:01] | When you were a kid, | 你小的时候 |
[21:02] | you used to makethese peanut butter cookies that were god-awful. | 做的花生酱饼干就难以下咽 |
[21:06] | But you kept baking them, | 但你还要做 |
[21:08] | and you kept forcing everyoneto eat them. | 一直在强迫所有人吃 |
[21:13] | you were so determinedto get them right. | 你决意要把它们做好 |
[21:16] | My mother didn’t thinkthey were awful. | 我妈妈认为它们不难吃 |
[21:19] | When I made those same cookiesfor her, | 当我给她做同样的饼干时 |
[21:21] | she loved them. | 她很喜欢 |
[21:23] | Well,some peoplepraise children even whenthey don’t deserve it. | 一些人总是表扬他们的孩子 不管这些孩子值不值得表扬 |
[21:27] | Oh,but not you. | 哦,但你不是这样 |
[21:29] | With you,I had to work for every kind word I ever got. | 和你在一起,我不得不字斟句酌 |
[21:32] | Well,you always resented mebecause of my high standards. | 我知道, 你一直因为我对你的高标准而怨恨我 |
[21:35] | No. | 不 |
[21:37] | I resented you because those were kick-asspeanut butter cookies. | 我怨恨你是因为那些是很好吃的黄油饼干 |
[21:44] | We’re taking andrew. | 我们在说andrew |
[21:47] | Eleanor,please… | Eleanor,求你了 |
[21:48] | he hates you,bree. | 他恨你,bree |
[21:51] | Your own son. | 你自己的儿子 |
[21:54] | You know,part of being an adult is admitting | 你知道,作为一个成年人 就不得不接受这样一个事实 |
[21:57] | that you’ve failed, and then moving on… | 失败了,再继续向前 |
[22:01] | with grace. | 优雅的 |
[22:05] | Do you really think that I ama failure as a parent? | 你真的认为我是一个失败的母亲? |
[22:11] | well,I’d love to lieand say something supportive, | 好吧,我愿意说谎,说一些支持的话 |
[22:13] | but as you pointed out, | 但就像你所说的 |
[22:15] | that was moreyour mother’s thing. | 那更多是你做母亲的问题 |
[22:28] | Xiao-mei? | |
[22:31] | So sorry.I just take break. | 对不起,我刚休息了一会 |
[22:33] | Oh,no,xiao-mei,that’s okay. | oh,不,xiao-mei,没事的 |
[22:35] | That’s okay. I know you were up all nightwith the baby, | 没事的。我知道你一晚上都和宝宝在一起 |
[22:37] | and I reallyappreciate it. | 我非常的感激 |
[22:39] | You know,I’m very grateful for everythingyou’ve been doing for lily. | 你知道,我感激你为lily做的每一件事 |
[22:42] | So to thank you,I bought your gift certificate to my spa. | 为了感谢你 我给你买了张spa卡作为礼物 |
[22:46] | And you can take a whole day offand just really pamper yourself. | 你可以休息一整天,放松一下 |
[22:50] | – Really?- Mm-hmm. | – 真的? – 唔 |
[22:51] | Thank you! | 谢谢你! |
[22:53] | Oh,thank you! | 哦,谢谢你! |
[22:54] | Oh,you’re welcome. | 哦,没关系 |
[22:55] | All right,lily needsto be bathed and put to bed. | 好吧,lily需要洗澡、睡觉 |
[22:57] | I don’t wanna missmy yoga class. | 我不想错过我的瑜伽学习班 |
[22:59] | Hi. Hi,pretty girl. | 嗨,漂亮姑娘 |
[23:02] | Oh,yes,mommy has to go. | 哦,是的。妈妈要走了 |
[23:05] | Mommy has to go, | 妈妈要走了 |
[23:06] | so she can stay pretty and thin and you can be proud of her. | 这样她才能保持漂亮又苗条 你也可以以她为荣 |
[23:12] | motherhoodis such a blessing. | 做母亲真好 |
[23:14] | I hope you getto experience it one day. | 希望有一天你也拥能有这种体验 |
[23:23] | becauseit’s not a big deal! | 因为这不算什么! |
[23:24] | – “it’s not a big deal”? Okay! – It’s not that far away. | – “这不算什么”?好吧! – 这不算太远 |
[23:26] | – Right. Oh,it’s notthat far away? – Dude,it–whatever,okay? | – 对。是的,不算太远? – 哥们,它――随它怎么样吧 |
[23:29] | You didn’t even care to tell me before?Bye. | 你以前怎么不告诉我?再见 |
[23:37] | justin,what happened? | justin,怎么啦? |
[23:38] | Andrew just told me he’smoving in with his grandparents. | Andrew刚告诉我 他要和他外公外婆一起搬走 |
[23:43] | They live so far away, I’m never gonnasee him anymore. | 他们住的那么远,我再也见不到他了 |
[23:45] | I’m so sorry. I know that you’re good friends. | 我很抱歉,我知道你们是好朋友 |
[23:50] | We’re more than friends,mrs. Van de kamp. | 我们不只是朋友,太太 |
[23:54] | I love him. | 我爱他 |
[23:57] | Oh. | 哦 |
[24:00] | Why? | 为什么? |
[24:02] | Why? | 为什么? |
[24:03] | Yes.I’d be curious to know just what it isyou see in him. | 是的,我很好奇你怎么看待他 |
[24:09] | Well,when my parentsfirst heard I was gay, they kicked me out. | 好吧,当我父母第一次听说我是同性恋 他们把我赶出了家门 |
[24:13] | They said I had debasedthe entire family | 他们说我令整个家族蒙羞 |
[24:16] | and that they couldn’tlove me anymore until I changed. | 他们不会再爱我了,除非我痛改前非 |
[24:20] | But andrew– | 但是andrew―― |
[24:21] | he said that i should be ashamed of them, | 他说我应该为他们感到羞愧 |
[24:24] | ’cause they were too stupidto know how great I was. | 因为他们太愚蠢以至于看不出我的伟大 |
[24:28] | That’s the thingabout andrew. | andrew就是这样的人 |
[24:30] | He doesn’t take crapfrom anyone. How can you notlove someone like that? | 他心里没有任何人 你怎么会爱他这样的人? |
[24:36] | You know,it never ceases to amaze me | 你知道,我一直感到惊奇 |
[24:38] | how people can turn their backson their own family. | 人们怎么会不热爱自己的家庭 |
[24:41] | I mean–but it happensevery day,doesn’t it? | 我是说――但是这种事情 每天都在发生,不是吗? |
[24:44] | I guess. | 我猜 |
[24:46] | You know,justin,if youwould be willing to help, | 你知道,justin,如果你肯帮忙 |
[24:49] | I’m pretty sure that I could find a way to keep andrew from moving. | 我一定能找到办法阻止andrew离开 |
[24:53] | What do you say? | 你说什么? |
[25:00] | I’m home. | 我到家了 |
[25:01] | – Oh,hi. – Hey,mrs. Mccluskey. | – 哦,嗨 – 嘿,Mccluskey太太 |
[25:05] | So how did everything go? | 一切都还好吧? |
[25:07] | Fine. | 很好 |
[25:09] | Penny fussed a bit. | penny有点大惊小怪 |
[25:10] | I think her molars are coming in. | 我想她开始长牙了 |
[25:12] | Oh. | 哦 |
[25:13] | And the twinsfought over the remote. There’s nothing new there. | 双胞胎在为争抢遥控器而厮打 这里没有什么新鲜事 |
[25:15] | No. | 不 |
[25:17] | here’s the big news– | 这里有条大新闻―― |
[25:17] | parker offered me a fudgsicleif I would show him my vagina. | parker说如果我给他看我的私处 他就把他的冰激凌给我吃 |
[25:26] | Oh,good god,lynette,relax.I didn’t do it. | oh,上帝,lynette,放松。 我没有那么干 |
[25:28] | I just got thisout of the freezer a second ago. | 我刚从冰箱里拿出来 |
[25:30] | Uh,yeah. Of course.No,sorry. | uh,是的。当然。不,对不起 |
[25:32] | Apparently,parker wanted to puta sunflower seed inside me | 显然,parker想放一颗 向日葵的种子到我的身体里 |
[25:34] | and see if a baby would grow. | 看看是不是会有宝宝长出来 |
[25:36] | Where do kids get this stuff? | 孩子们是从哪里知道这些的? |
[25:38] | Oh… that was me. | oh……是我 |
[25:40] | He was asking aboutthe birds and the bees, and I | 他问有关两性关系的基本常识,我 |
[25:43] | fudgeda few of the details. | 捏造了一些细节 |
[25:47] | Well,he’s only 7 years old. | 好吧,他只有7岁 |
[25:49] | I don’t think he needsto know everything yet. | 我认为他还不需要知道所有事情 |
[25:52] | I don’t wanna rob himof his innocence. | 我不想让他失去天真的本性 |
[25:55] | Well,now,that’s where you’re wrong. | 好吧,现在,这就是你的不对了 |
[25:57] | You get ’emwhen they’re young. | 你在他们年轻的时候 |
[25:59] | Give themall the gory details. | 告诉他们一些血淋淋的细节 |
[26:01] | And then when they’re goodand disgusted,you shame ’em. | 当他们长大独立了 你会为他们感到可耻 |
[26:05] | Excuse me? | 对不起? |
[26:06] | You tell themsex is dirty and wrong and he shouldn’ttalk about it, | 你告诉他们性是肮脏可耻的 他们不应该谈论 |
[26:10] | and if he does,he’s going straight to hell. | 如果他们谈论了,就会直接下地狱 |
[26:13] | that is ridiculous. | 这太荒谬了 |
[26:15] | Spoken likea true liberal idiot. | 说起话来真像是个真正的自由主义白痴 |
[26:17] | No,I’m notgonna shame my son. | 不,我不会为我的儿子感到羞愧 |
[26:20] | Mm,I’m telling ya,it works. | 嗯,我告诉你,这有效果 |
[26:22] | It keeps peoplein their place, | 它让人们呆在他们应该呆的地方 |
[26:24] | it keeps parentsfrom being humiliated, | 它使得父母避免丢脸 |
[26:27] | and it keeps me fromhaving to spend the afternoon talking about my woo-woo. | 他使得我免得 用一个下午来谈论我的私处 |
[26:38] | In your haste to duck out before the credits rolled,you… | 你匆忙离开的时候,你… |
[26:41] | oh,my god!Oh,thank you so much. | 哦,我的上帝!哦,太谢谢你啦 |
[26:45] | I stuck a card in there, | 我留了张名片 |
[26:46] | just in case you ever wanted to purposely sit next to meat a movie,so… | 万一你想出来吃个饭,看场电影,就… |
[26:51] | orson,I’m flattered.Uh,really. | 哦,我很荣幸。真的 |
[26:54] | you–you don’t wanna date me. | 你――你不会想和我约会吧 |
[26:56] | I-I mean,my love life is justso complicated right now. | 我…我是说 我的感情生活目前真的很混乱 |
[27:00] | Well… no,I won’t bore youwith the details. | 好吧…不,我不想用细节来让你厌烦 |
[27:04] | So the ex-boyfriend has no idea you’re secretly married to the ex-husband, | 那么你的前男友对于你 和你的前夫结婚一无所知 |
[27:07] | who still loves you, | 那个仍然爱着你的前夫 |
[27:08] | but unless you give hima reason not to, | 但是除非你给他一个理由 |
[27:11] | is gonna marrythe neighborhood slut? | 不用去和荡妇邻居结婚? |
[27:13] | Did I call edie a slut? | 我有称edie是一个荡妇? |
[27:15] | Well,that’s overstating it.Edie’s not a slut. | 好吧,这有点夸张了 edie不是一个荡妇 |
[27:17] | She’s just… popularwith indiscriminate men. | 她只是…对于男人不加选择 |
[27:20] | Anyway… | 不管怎么说… |
[27:21] | yes,those arethe relevant players. | 是的,这些都是有关的人 |
[27:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:24] | Now I’m absolutelyhorrified that I’m about to saywhat I’m about to say, | 现在我对自己即将 说出的话感到十分恐惧 |
[27:26] | but there’s nobody else I cantalk to who won’t judge me. | 但是再没有谁是既能让我倾吐心声 又不会对我妄加评判的人了 |
[27:29] | And sinceyou’re a complete stranger, I’ll probablynever see you again | 由于你是一个完全的陌生人 我很可能再也见不到你了 |
[27:31] | unless I randomlyrun into you on the street, | 除非我在马路上偶然遇见你 |
[27:33] | in which case,you’ll ignore me ’cause you know how crazy I am. | 在那种情况下,你会无视我 因为你知道我有多疯狂 |
[27:38] | So here goes… | 所以我要告诉你…… |
[27:40] | I’m having feelingsfor karl again. | 我又对karl有感觉了 |
[27:45] | does that make mea terrible person? | 这样会不会显得我是个可怕的人? |
[27:49] | You wantmy unvarnished opinion? | 你需要我朴实的建议吗? |
[27:51] | Lay it on me. | 说吧 |
[27:53] | It doesn’t make youa terrible person, | 这没有显得你是个可怕的人 |
[27:55] | but it does make you A… | 但是这的确使你显得是个…… |
[27:57] | well… a sucker. | 好吧…一个糟糕的人 |
[27:59] | This karl’s a coward. | 这个karl是一个懦夫 |
[28:01] | He wants you to be the heavy and take all the responsibility. | 他想把负担给你,让你对一切负责 |
[28:04] | If you’re having feelings for a guy like that, I say run | 如果你对这样的人有感觉 我说还是快跑吧 |
[28:06] | …far,far away. | 跑得越远越好 |
[28:08] | He lives three houses down. | 他就住在三幢房子外 |
[28:11] | Hmm.Well,good luck to you,then. | 嗯,好吧,那么祝你好运 |
[28:16] | but like I said,if you’re interested in a tooth whitening, | 但是就像我说的, 如果你对于牙齿美白有兴趣 |
[28:20] | my card’sstill in your wallet. | 我的名片就在你的钱包里 |
[28:28] | Xiao-mei? | |
[28:32] | Xiao-mei? | |
[28:33] | I’m late to meetmrs. Van de kamp. | 我去见Van de kamp太太要迟到了 |
[28:35] | I’ll be backin a little while. | 我一会就回来 |
[28:45] | bree…I’m so sorry I’m late. | bree……对不起我迟到了 |
[28:47] | Oh,honey,it’s all right. | oh,甜心,没事的 |
[28:49] | I mean,with the new baby at home, I’m surprisedyou made it at all. | 我是说,房子里有个宝宝,我很惊讶 你把一切都打理得井井有条 |
[28:53] | Ooh,I’ll have a drink. Anything with an umbrella. | 哦,我要杯喝的。 任何有把小伞的饮料 |
[28:58] | So tell me,how are you doing? | 那么告诉我,你还好吗? |
[29:00] | I mean,your entire world must be turned upside down. | 我是说,你的世界一定天翻地覆了 |
[29:03] | You must be exhausted. | 你肯定累坏了 |
[29:05] | You know,it’s been challenging, but I-I soldier on. (Chuckles) | 你知道,这很有挑战性 但是我――我撑下来了 |
[29:09] | so what about you?You look so rested. | 那你怎么样?你看起来休息的不错 |
[29:11] | I just got a massageat misty spring. | 我刚在misty spring做了一个按摩 |
[29:13] | Things have beena little tense at home, and I needed an hourto relax. | 家里的事情有点紧张 我需要一个小时来放松放松 |
[29:17] | Good for you.I love that spa. | 这对你很好,我爱那个spa |
[29:20] | oh,by the way,while I was there, I saw your,uh, | oh,顺便说一句, 我在那里的时候,我看到了你的,呃 |
[29:22] | your housekeeper. | 你的管家 |
[29:24] | Xiao-mei? | |
[29:25] | Oh,no,you must be mistaken. I just left her. | oh,不,你肯定搞错了,我刚刚离开她 |
[29:29] | She’s at home working. | 她在家里工作 |
[29:30] | Are you sure? I was talking to her in the steam room for about 20 minutes. | 你肯定吗?我在蒸汽房和她谈了有20分钟 |
[29:34] | – What? – Yeah, | – 什么? – 是的 |
[29:35] | apparently you gave hera gift certificate. | 显然你给了她一张卡作为礼物 |
[29:47] | lily? | |
[29:48] | Lily,mommy’s coming! | Lily,妈妈来了! |
[29:51] | Oh,thank god!Oh,honey,I’m so sorry. | oh,感谢上帝!oh,甜心,我很抱歉 |
[29:56] | I’m never gonnaleave you again. Oh! | 我再也不会离开你了。哦! |
[30:01] | Yes. Yes. | 是的。是的 |
[30:04] | I’m home! | 我到家了! |
[30:06] | My interview got canceled. | 我的采访取消了 |
[30:09] | oh,that’s my little girl. | oh,那是我的小女孩 |
[30:12] | Your chakra lining up nicefor mommy? | 想妈妈了么? |
[30:16] | That’s my girl. | 真是我的乖孩子 |
[30:19] | hey,let me take her off your chest so you can do your yoga. | hey,让我把她从你胸口拿下来 这样你就可以做你的瑜伽了 |
[30:21] | No! No,no,no.We’re doing just fine. | 不!不,不,不。我们做的很好 |
[30:25] | Aren’t we,lily? | 是不是,lily? |
[30:40] | bridezilla’s got meauditioning wedding bands, | bridezilla让我试听了一些婚礼乐队 |
[30:42] | and I’m clueless aboutedie’s taste in music. | 我对edie的音乐品味没有语言了 |
[30:44] | What do you thinkof these guys? | 你认为这些家伙怎么样? |
[30:46] | That’s why you brought me down here? | 那就是你叫我来这里的原因? |
[30:48] | Karl,you made it sound likeit was an emergency. | karl,你听起来像有急事 |
[30:50] | It is! I need to have somebodyto dance with | 这是急事!我需要一个舞伴 |
[30:53] | so I can see if these guys have the power to help me get my groove on. | 那样我就可以知道这些人是不是 可以调动起我的最佳状态 |
[30:57] | Karl…uh-oh! | |
[31:00] | Oh,that’s right. | 哦,那就对了 |
[31:01] | You like it laid-backand romantic,don’t you? | 你喜欢松弛浪漫的,不是吗? |
[31:03] | Guys,can we playsomething mellow? | 伙计们,我们可不可以来点柔美的? |
[31:05] | No,don’t bother,’cause I’m going. | 不,不必麻烦了,因为我要走了 |
[31:07] | two… | 二… |
[31:11] | – you are so beautiful… – that was nota coincidence. | – 你是如此美丽 – 这不是一个巧合 |
[31:19] | This was playingthe night we first kissed. | 这是我们初吻的夜晚所演奏的音乐 |
[31:22] | it’s our song. Remember? | 这是我们的歌,记得吗? |
[31:24] | I remember. | 我记得 |
[31:25] | I also remember that you are planning on marrying someone else. | 我还记得你在计划娶另外一个人 |
[31:28] | Not if you don’twant me to. | 如果你不想让我娶的话 |
[31:32] | Come on,susie Q. | 来吧,susie Q |
[31:33] | I can see you stillhave feelings for me, | 我可以看出你对我还是有感觉的 |
[31:35] | and I know I havenever stopped loving you. | 我也知道我没有停止爱过你 |
[31:39] | Okay,you want the truth? | Okay,你想知道真相吗? |
[31:40] | I don’t knowhow I feel about you, | 我不知道我对你是什么感觉 |
[31:42] | but I keep looking at you, | 但是我一直看着你 |
[31:43] | trying to see if you’ve changed, if you’ve grown up. | 想看看你是不是改变了,是不是成熟了 |
[31:46] | You know what I see? | 你知道我看了什么吗? |
[31:48] | I see the same weak coward that walked out on methree years ago. | 我看到了仍然是那个 三年前离我而去的懦夫 |
[31:52] | Of course I’ve changed. | 我当然改变了 |
[31:55] | I don’t think so. | 我认为你没有 |
[31:58] | so I think you shouldprobably stay with edie. | 所以我认为你还是和edie在一起比较好 |
[32:06] | and the band is good. | 乐队不错 |
[32:08] | You should hire ’em. | 你应该雇他们 |
[32:40] | what the hell? | 到底怎么回事? |
[32:44] | For god’s sakes… | 看在上帝的份上…… |
[32:46] | what the hellare you doing in there?! | 你到底在那里干什么?! |
[32:47] | This is my house.What are you doing? | 这是我的房子。你们在干什么? |
[32:49] | We’re tenting for termites.We got a work order. | 我们在灭蚁。我们接到了一个工作订单 |
[32:51] | Signed by who? | 是谁签字的? |
[32:52] | Paul… | |
[32:54] | I’ve never been so embarrassedin my whole life. | 在我的一生中,从来没有这么尴尬 |
[32:58] | They’re supposedto be tenting my house. | 他们应该罩起我的房子 |
[33:00] | I must’ve writtenthe address down wrong. | 我肯定是把地址搞错了 |
[33:03] | muchachos,mi casa est* aqu? | (西班牙语) |
[33:07] | You’ve taken it too farthis time. | 这次你做得太过分了 |
[33:08] | These little mind gamesare gonna stop | 这些小小的头脑游戏应该结束了 |
[33:10] | right now! | 马上! |
[33:13] | and ifthey don’t,whatcha gonna do? | 如果不,你想怎么做? |
[33:15] | Blow out your brainslike your wife did? | 像你太太一样打爆自己的脑子? |
[33:18] | – ahh! – hey,hey! | – 啊! – 嘿,嘿! |
[33:22] | – Hey,you okay? – Did you hear that? | – 嘿,你还好吗? – 你听到了吗? |
[33:24] | He assaulted mefor an honest mistake. | 他因为我的一个无心之失而攻击我 |
[33:27] | God knows what would’ve happened if you hadn’t been here. | 天晓得如果你们不在的话 他会干什么 |
[33:30] | Let go! | 放开! |
[33:30] | Dad,dad,dad.Come on. | 爸爸,爸爸,爸爸,走吧 |
[33:32] | Come on.Come on,okay? | 走吧,走吧,okay? |
[33:41] | I talked to mrs. Mccluskey, and for god’s sakes,parker, | 我和Mccluskey太太谈过了 看在上帝的份上,parker |
[33:45] | you can’t ask people things like that. | 你不可以问别人这种事情 |
[33:47] | Why? | 为什么? |
[33:48] | Because… | 因为…… |
[33:51] | it’s rude. | 那样很无礼 |
[33:52] | I said “please.” | 我说了“请” |
[33:53] | Well,that doesn’t matter! | 好吧,不是那个的关系! |
[33:55] | You gotta quit talkingto people about their bodies, | 你不能和别人讨论他们的身体 |
[33:59] | and about where,you know,babies come from. | 谈论那个,宝宝出来的地方 |
[34:02] | – Why? – because it’s notan appropriate subject. | – 为什么? – 因为那不是一个合适的话题 |
[34:06] | Why? | 为什么? |
[34:07] | Because it’s not. | 因为那不是 |
[34:10] | – Why? – Ugh! | – 为什么? – 呃! |
[34:11] | Because it’s dirty and wrong, and I’ll wash your mouth outwith soap! That’s why. | 因为那很肮脏、无耻 我会用肥皂洗你的嘴! |
[34:17] | In that moment, | 那一刻 |
[34:18] | lynette saw a look on her son’s face she had never seen before… | lynette在她儿子的脸上看到一种 她从未见过的表情 |
[34:23] | and she thought of the look he had on his face | 她想念那种他脸上的表情 |
[34:25] | when he had become obsessed with dinosaurs… | 当他迷上恐龙的时候…… |
[34:28] | obsessed with baseball | 迷上篮球的时候 |
[34:30] | and obsessed with trains. | 迷上火车的时候 |
[34:33] | And it occurred to lynette | 突然之间,lynette意识到 |
[34:35] | she didn’t need to shame her son. | 她不必为自己的儿子感到羞愧 |
[34:37] | All he needed was a brand-new obsession. | 他所需要的是对一种新的东西着迷 |
[34:42] | But I thought you saidwe couldn’t have a puppy. | 但是我认为你说过 我们不能养小狗的 |
[34:45] | Well… | 好吧…… |
[34:47] | it turns outwe really needed one. | 事实证明我们真的需要一个 |
[34:49] | You can go and play. | 你们可以去玩了 |
[34:51] | And though she didn’t know it at the time, | 但是当时她不知道 |
[34:53] | it would be another three years | 过了三年以后 |
[34:55] | before parker scavo would ever ask about sex again. | parker scavo再也没 问起有关“性”的事情 |
[35:04] | Karl. What’s going on? | karl 怎么啦? |
[35:06] | Uh,I’m on my wayto a motel. | uh,我在去汽车旅馆的路上 |
[35:08] | I-I just wanted to let you know that the wedding is off. | 我,我只是想让你知道,婚礼取消了 |
[35:11] | It is? | 是吗? |
[35:12] | I told edieI wasn’t in love with her– | 我告诉edie我爱的不是她―― |
[35:14] | at least,not in the waythat she deserves. | 至少,不是以那种她应得的方式 |
[35:18] | Wow. | 哇 |
[35:21] | Why did you changeyour mind? | 为什么你改变主意了? |
[35:22] | I mean,I hope it wasn’t because of me, because I told you– | 我希望这不是因为我 因为我告诉你―― |
[35:24] | it wasn’t for you. | 这不是因为你 |
[35:27] | No? | 不是? |
[35:29] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[35:31] | I have been a coward. | 我曾是一个懦夫 |
[35:33] | I was a coward three years ago | 三年前我是个懦夫 |
[35:34] | when I walked out on the two most important peoplein my life. | 我离开了我生命中最重要的两个人 |
[35:37] | And I was being a cowardwith edie. | 和edie在一起时我也是个懦夫 |
[35:40] | I mean,to even consider marrying her | 我是说,甚至考虑娶她 |
[35:44] | when I know what real passionand real love feels like. | 在我知道了什么是 真正的激情和爱情之后 |
[35:51] | Anyway,I-I-I just thoughtI’d let you know. | 无论如何,我、我、我只是想让你知道 |
[35:56] | Karl… | |
[36:01] | you look pretty beat up. | 你看上去很受打击 |
[36:05] | why–why don’t you…why don’t you come in and… | 为什么――为什么你不…… 为什么你不进来…… |
[36:07] | we’ll crack opena bottle of wine. | 我们可以开一瓶酒 |
[36:09] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[36:16] | All right,here we go. | 好吧,我们走 |
[36:18] | This is the lastof andrew’s things. | 这是最后一点andrew的东西 |
[36:19] | Once we tape up these boxes, we can start loading the car. | 一旦我们打包好这些盒子 我们就可以开始装车了 |
[36:22] | I’m proud of you,bree. | 我为你骄傲,bree |
[36:24] | You’re being awfully bigabout this. | 你对这件事表现得很大度 |
[36:26] | Well,I have to admit,I was a bit up set at first. | 好吧,我得承认 一开始我是有点不安 |
[36:29] | But then it hit me. | 但是后来这提醒了我 |
[36:31] | You’re his grandparents. You should bond, | 你们是他的祖父母 你们有权利 |
[36:34] | get to know the real andrew. | 知道真正的andrew |
[36:36] | oh,dad,I-I forgot to warn you. | oh,爸爸,我、我忘记提醒你了 |
[36:38] | These are someof andrew’s adult videos. | 这些是andrew的成人录影带 |
[36:40] | I don’t approve,but boys will be boys. | 我不赞同,但是男孩子总是那样 |
[36:45] | Oh,henry,stop looking at that filth. | henry,别盯着这些淫秽的东西看 |
[36:49] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[36:51] | Where are the women? | 女人们都在哪里? |
[36:54] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢? |
[36:55] | This is all just a bunch of… | 这只是一堆…… |
[36:57] | naked men. | 裸男 |
[36:59] | Sweet mother of god.What the hell are they doing? | 我的上帝 他们到底在干什么? |
[37:02] | I don’t know,and I don’teven know what I’m looking at. | 我不知道,我甚至不知道我在看什么 |
[37:05] | Henry,this is pornographyfor ho-homosexuals. | henry,这是针对同性恋的黄书 |
[37:09] | Oh,shoot! I wish youhadn’t gone through that. | 天啊!真不希望被你们发现 |
[37:11] | Now we have to havean unpleasant conversation, | 现在我们不得不 来一次不愉快的谈话了 |
[37:13] | and we were havingsuch a nice time. | 我们过得那么开心 |
[37:16] | Bree,is… | |
[37:17] | is andrew… gay? | bree,andrew是不是……同性恋? |
[37:20] | Oh,dad,andrew hates labels. | oh,爸爸,andrew厌恶被贴标签 |
[37:22] | I’m sure it’s just a phase. | 我肯定这是一个阶段而已 |
[37:23] | Excuse me, | 对不起 |
[37:25] | but he has a magazine titled”leather daddies in love.” | 但是他有一本叫做 “皮衣老爹之恋”的杂志 |
[37:28] | That does not sound likea phase to me. | 那在我看来不像是一个阶段 |
[37:30] | Maybe not,but it’s no longer my concern now that he’ll be livingwith you. | 不会了,不关我事 他马上就要搬去和你们住了 |
[37:37] | We have to havea serious talk. | 我们要好好的谈谈 |
[37:41] | Let’s don’t freak outabout this. | 我们不要为此惊慌失措 |
[37:43] | The dutch therapist says– | 荷兰临床医学家说―― |
[37:45] | forget the dutch therapist!In the kitchen! | 别提荷兰临床医学家!到厨房里! |
[37:48] | now! | 现在! |
[37:56] | hey,where’s grandma and grandpa? | hey,爷爷奶奶在哪里? |
[37:57] | I need to startloading up my stuff. | 我要开始装我的东西了 |
[37:59] | Oh,they,uh,they already left. | 他们已经走了 |
[38:01] | Wait… they left? | 等等……他们走了? |
[38:03] | Without me? | 没有带上我? |
[38:04] | Uh,yeah,they wrote you a letter. | 是的,他们留给你了一封信 |
[38:12] | It seems they came across some personal items of yours that, um, | 看起来他们发现了一些你的私人物品 |
[38:16] | upset them. | 那些东西让他们很不安 |
[38:17] | They’re taking awaymy trust fund? | 他们拿走了我的信托基金? |
[38:19] | They can’t do that! | 他们不能那么做! |
[38:20] | Well,actually they can. | 好吧,事实上他们可以 |
[38:22] | I mean,it’s their money todispense with as they see fit. | 我是说,这是他们的钱 用他们认为合理的方式进行分配 |
[38:26] | I knowit doesn’t seem fair,but– | 我知道这看起来不公平,但是―― |
[38:28] | no,it’s really unfair. In fact,it sucks. | 不,这就是不公平 事实上,这糟透了 |
[38:32] | What–what am I supposedto do now? | 现在,我该怎么办? |
[38:34] | Well,now that you can’t afford to become emancipated, | 好吧,既然你没有钱支付 自己脱离监管以后的生活了 |
[38:37] | I guess you’re gonnahave to stay here with me. | 我猜你要在这里 和我生活一段时间了 |
[38:40] | Andrew,we can make this work. | andrew,我们可以和平相处的 |
[38:44] | We just haveto let go of our anger. | 我们只是需要抛弃我们的愤怒 |
[38:47] | No. | 不 |
[38:52] | Oh,I,um,had a chance to have a nice chat with justin the other day. | 我,那天我和justin好好谈了一谈 |
[38:56] | He really seems very sweet. | 他看上去真的很好 |
[38:58] | I’ve invited him overfor dinner tonight. I hope you don’t mind. | 我邀请他今晚过来吃晚饭 我希望你不介意 |
[39:11] | Now I wish I hadn’t torched our wedding photos. | 现在我希望我没有 把我们的婚礼照片付之一炬 |
[39:17] | who would’ve thought, after everythingthat’s happened, | 谁会想到,经过了那么多事情 |
[39:19] | that we would’veended up back here again? | 我们还能够再一次在一起? |
[39:21] | It’s beenone hell of a ride,huh? | 真是一个漫长的过程,huh? |
[39:24] | Yeah. | |
[39:27] | so how do you feel now? | 那你现在感觉怎么样? |
[39:29] | About us? | 关于我们? |
[39:32] | I feel good. | 我感觉很好 |
[39:35] | I feel happy. | 我感到高兴 |
[39:37] | You’re not having second thoughts? | 你想都没有想就脱口而出? |
[39:40] | I can’t believe you actually want to talk about feelings. | 我不敢相信你真的会谈论感觉 |
[39:42] | You really have changed. | 你真的变了 |
[39:44] | Hey,this is the new karl,baby. | 这是崭新的karl,宝贝 |
[39:46] | He’s not afraid to cry. | 他不害怕哭泣 |
[39:52] | hello? | 喂? |
[39:54] | oh,hi,edie. | 嘿,edie |
[39:57] | Uh… | 嗯 |
[39:58] | yeah,he’s here. | 是的,他在这儿 |
[40:00] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[40:01] | how doesshe know you’re here? | 她怎么知道你在这里? |
[40:03] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[40:06] | hi. Ahem. | 嗨 |
[40:08] | Yeah,I just came by to help julie with her civics homework. | 是的,我就是过来 辅导一下julie功课 |
[40:13] | Uh-huh. | 是的 |
[40:14] | Okay,I’ll take care of it. What kind of juice do you want? | 好 我会处理的 你想要什么果汁? |
[40:18] | Right. Bye,bye. | 好的 再见 |
[40:20] | Are you getting juicefor her? | 你要给她带果汁? |
[40:22] | Yeah,just one carton. | 是的,就一箱 |
[40:24] | You rippedthe woman’s heart out. | 你伤透了这个女人的心 |
[40:26] | Why would she want juicefrom you? | 为什么她会要你带果汁? |
[40:28] | Okay. now don’t freak out, | Okay,现在不要抓狂 |
[40:31] | but this breakup issort of a work in progress. | 但是这个分手的事情 是一个进行中的事情 |
[40:34] | She doesn’t know? | 她不知道? |
[40:35] | Will you calm down?I can explain. | 你冷静下来好吗?我可以解释的 |
[40:37] | So if edie doesn’t know, then that means that you just cheatedon her… | 那如果edie不知道 那你就是在背着她红杏出墙…… |
[40:41] | with me! | 和我! |
[40:42] | You made me the other woman! | 你让我成为了第三者! |
[40:44] | Please don’t be angry. | 请不要生气 |
[40:45] | I tried to break up with her, | 我试过和她分手 |
[40:46] | but because I wasn’t sureyou wanted me back, | 但是因为我不肯定你会接受我回来 |
[40:48] | the words just wouldn’t come out of my mouth. | 我总是欲言又止 |
[40:50] | Now that I know that you want me and love me again, | 现在我知道了你是要我,是爱着我的 |
[40:52] | it’s a done deal. | 这件事就肯定要做了 |
[40:54] | get out of my house, you miserable son of a bitch! | 滚出我的房子,你这个可悲的狗杂种! |
[40:57] | can’t we talk about this? | 我们就不能谈谈吗? |
[40:58] | No,just get out!Get out! | 不,滚出去!滚出去! |
[41:01] | Susie,susie! | |
[41:02] | Our marriage was garbage! | 我们的婚姻就是垃圾! |
[41:04] | – Stupid,disgusting pile of garbage! – No,no,don’t say that. | – 愚蠢的令人厌恶的一堆垃圾 – 不,不,别这么说 |
[41:06] | And I regret everything that came of it! Don’t do this right now. | – 我后悔和你做过的每一件事! – 不要马上就这么干 |
[41:09] | Ugh! Except you,honey.You’re my rock. | 除了你,甜心 你是我的骄傲 |
[41:11] | Ooh,out! Get out! | Ooh,出去!滚出去! |
[41:13] | I…ugh! | 我……! |
[41:15] | I promise you I’m gonna break up with edie and make this right. | 我保证会和edie分手 让事情回到正轨 |
[41:18] | I’ll call you when it’s done. | 我会在完事后给你电话的 |
[41:19] | Don’t bother!I won’t pick up. | 别麻烦了!我不领这个情 |
[41:29] | we’ve all done something in our lives we’re ashamed of. | 在生活中,我们都做过一些 我们为之羞愧的事情 |
[41:35] | Some of us have fallen for the wrong man. | 我们中一些人爱上了错误的人 |
[41:40] | Some have let go of the right woman. | 一些人放走了合适的女人 |
[41:44] | There are those who have humiliated their parents… | 有使他们的父母丢脸的孩子…… |
[41:51] | and those who have failed their children. | 有使他们的孩子失望的父母 |
[41:56] | Yes, we’ve all made mistakes that diminish us | 是的,我们都犯过错误 |
[42:00] | and those we love. | 使我们爱的人离我们而去 |
[42:02] | But there is redemption | 但是仍然有挽回的机会 |
[42:04] | if we try to learn from those mistakes… | 如果我们试着从这些错误中 汲取经验教训…… |
[42:08] | and grow. The Desperate Housewives Season 02 Episode 19 -The End- |