英文名称:Oliver Twist
年代:2005
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[03:08] | Bow to the board. | 给各位理事鞠躬 |
[03:11] | This is the boy. | 就是这孩子 |
[03:14] | Born here in the workhouse. Moved to the parish farm. | 在救济院出生 然后去了教区农场 |
[03:18] | Nine years old today. Time to be moved back here. | 现年9岁 已经到该回来的年纪了 |
[03:22] | What’s your name, boy? | 你叫什么 孩子 |
[03:29] | -Oliver Twist. -What? | -奥利弗·忒斯特 -什么 |
[03:31] | -That boy’s a fool. -Boy. Listen to me. | -那孩子是个傻子 -孩子 听我说 |
[03:35] | You know you are an orphan, I suppose. | 我想 你知道自己是孤儿吧 |
[03:37] | -What’s that? -The boy is a fool. I thought he was. | -你说什么 -这孩子是个傻子 可能早就是了 |
[03:39] | You know you’ve got no father or mother… | 你知道你无父无母 |
[03:42] | …and that you were brought up by the parish, don’t you? | 由教会养大 是吗 |
[03:45] | -Yes, sir. -What are you crying for? | -是的 先生 -你哭什么 |
[03:48] | I hope you say your prayers every night. | 我希望你每天晚上都做祷告 |
[03:50] | Pray for those that feed you and take care of you… | 替那些养育你 照顾你的人祈祷 |
[03:54] | …Iike a Christian. | 像一个基督徒 |
[03:56] | -Yes, sir. -Well… | -是的 先生 -好吧 |
[03:58] | …you have come here to be educated… | 你上这儿来是接受教育 |
[04:00] | …and to be taught a useful trade. | 来学一门有用的手艺的 |
[04:15] | Here, where do you want these? | 这些东西放哪儿 |
[04:34] | Learn from the boy next to you. | 跟你旁边的孩子学 |
[04:36] | -What am I to learn, sir? -Learn to pick out the oakum. | -学什么 先生 -学拣麻絮 |
[04:41] | What’s oakum, sir? | 麻絮是什么 先生 |
[04:43] | Stop asking so many questions. | 你哪儿来这么多问题 |
[04:45] | Oakum’s the fibers you unpick from the old rope. | 麻絮是从旧绳子里面挑出来的纤维 |
[04:49] | Then it’s used again for the ships of Her Majesty’s navy. | 能再次用在女王陛下的船上 |
[04:53] | You’re serving your country. | 你是在为国效力 |
[04:55] | Now, get on with it. | 好了 干活吧 |
[05:30] | Tom, give it a rest, will you? We’re trying to sleep. | 汤姆 歇一歇好不好 我们还要睡觉呢 |
[05:37] | -Can’t sleep, too hungry. -We’re all hungry. | -睡不着 太饿了 -我们都饿 |
[05:41] | Yes, but I’m frightened. | 是的 但我怕 |
[05:43] | Frightened? Why? | 怕 为什么 |
[05:46] | Why? Why? | 什么 什么 |
[05:48] | I’m so hungry, I’m frightened I might eat the lad that sleeps next to me. | 我太饿了 我怕把旁边的小子吃了 |
[06:27] | O Lord God… | 主啊 |
[06:30] | …for the blessing of this generous and bountiful meal… | 感谢你赐予我们 |
[06:33] | …that thou hast placed before us… | 如此丰盛的食物 |
[06:35] | …we give thanks. Amen. | 感谢您的慷慨 阿门 |
[06:38] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[08:01] | Please, sir. I want some more. | 对不起 先生 我还要一点 |
[08:06] | What? | 什么 |
[08:08] | Please, sir, I want some more. | 对不起 先生 我还要 |
[08:21] | Fetch the beadle! | 快把执事找来 |
[08:32] | Mr. Limbkins. | 尼姆金斯先生 |
[08:35] | I beg your pardon, sir. | 请原谅 先生 |
[08:37] | Oliver Twist has asked for more. | 奥利弗·忒斯特还想要 |
[08:40] | For more?! | 还要 |
[08:42] | Compose yourself, Mr. Bumble, and answer me distinctly. | 镇静 邦布尔先生 清楚地回答我 |
[08:45] | Do I understand that he asked for more after he had eaten his supper? | 你是说他吃了他的晚餐之后还要 |
[08:50] | He did, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[08:55] | That boy will be hanged. | 那孩子以后准会被绞死 |
[09:09] | “Five pounds and a b–“ | “5镑一个孩–“ |
[09:15] | When I says “whoa,” I means “whoa”! | 我说”哇”那就是”哇” |
[09:22] | “Health– Healthy… | “健 健康的 |
[09:24] | …appren– apprentice. | 学 学徒 |
[09:28] | Five pounds.” | 5镑” |
[09:31] | Chimney sweeping is a nasty trade. | 扫烟囱是个脏活 |
[09:34] | Young boys have been smothered in chimneys before now. | 以前有小孩在烟囱里面憋死的 |
[09:38] | That’s because they damp the straw afore they light it in the chimney… | 那是因为要他们下来 可还没有点火 |
[09:42] | …to make them come out again. Damp straw makes smoke. | 他们就把稻草弄湿了 湿的稻草会生烟 |
[09:46] | Smoke sends a boy to sleep, and that’s what he wants. | 烟会让孩子睡着 他们还巴不得呢 |
[09:49] | Boys is very lazy, gentlemen. | 小孩子都很懒的 |
[09:51] | But there’s nothing like a good hot blaze to make them come out in a run. | 但一团火就能让他们上杆子跑出来 没有比这个更灵的了 |
[09:56] | It’s humane too. Yes. | 而且很人道 |
[09:58] | Because even if they’ve stuck in the chimney… | 即使他们粘在烟囱上了 |
[10:01] | …roasting their feet makes them struggle to extricate theirselves. | 脚板一热 他们就得赶紧下来 |
[10:07] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[10:08] | I suppose he’s fond of chimney sweeping? | 我想他喜欢扫烟囱这个活儿的吧 |
[10:10] | He dotes on it, Your Worship. | 没错 大人 |
[10:13] | Very well. I will sign the indentures… | 好吧 那我就要签契约了 |
[10:17] | …to make him Mr…. | 把他签给 |
[10:20] | Mr. Gamfield’s apprentice. | 甘菲尔先生做学徒 |
[10:33] | My boy. | 孩子 |
[10:36] | My boy, you look pale and alarmed. | 孩子 你脸色苍白又惊慌失措 |
[10:41] | What’s the matter? | 出什么事了 |
[10:43] | Please, sir. Please, sir. | 求求您 先生 求求您 先生 |
[10:45] | What is it, my boy? | 怎么了 孩子 |
[10:48] | -Don’t…. -Now then. | -别 -够了 |
[10:50] | Don’t…. Don’t…. | 别 别 |
[10:52] | Go on, my boy. Don’t what? | 说吧 孩子 别什么 |
[10:55] | Please don’t send me away with this dreadful man, sir. | 求您别让这个可怕的人把我带走 先生 |
[10:59] | Of all the designing orphans that I’ve ever seen…. | 阴险狡猾的孤儿我见得多了 |
[11:02] | -Hold your tongue, beadle. -Did Your Worship speak to me? | -闭嘴 执事 -你是在跟我说话吗 大人 |
[11:05] | Yes, hold your tongue. | 是的 闭嘴 |
[11:09] | No. No, out of the question. | 不 不行 |
[11:12] | We refuse to sanction these indentures. | 我拒绝签这张契约 |
[11:17] | Take the boy away. | 把这孩子带走 |
[11:20] | And treat him kindly. | 好好待他 |
[11:22] | He seems to want it. | 看来他需要善待 |
[11:41] | I’ve just taken the measure of the two women that died last night. | 我已经给昨晚去世的两位女士量好了尺寸 |
[11:45] | You’ll make your fortune, Mr. Sowerberry. | 你要发财了 苏尔伯雷先生 |
[11:48] | Think so? | 您这么认为吗 |
[11:52] | The prices allowed by the board are very small. | 理事会出的价钱太少啦 |
[11:55] | So are the coffins. | 棺材不也不大吗 |
[11:59] | By the by, you don’t know anybody who wants a boy, do you? | 顺便问一下 你知不知道有谁想找个仆童 |
[12:06] | Liberal terms, Mr. Sowerberry. Liberal terms. | 报酬很可观 苏尔伯雷先生 很可观 |
[12:18] | Now, as you are to meet your new master… | 现在你要见你的新师傅了 |
[12:22] | …pull that cap off your eyes. | 把帽子拉起来 |
[12:26] | Hold your head up, sir. | 头抬起来”先生” |
[12:31] | Dry your eyes, sir. | 把眼睛擦干”先生” |
[12:38] | -ls that you, Bumble? -No one else, Mr. Sowerberry. | -是你吗 邦布尔 -不会是别人 苏尔伯雷先生 |
[12:43] | I’ve brought the orphan, Oliver Twist. | 我把那个孤儿带来了 奥利弗·忒斯特 |
[12:46] | So this is the orphan, is it? | 那么说他是那个孤儿 |
[12:49] | Mrs. Sowerberry… | 苏尔伯雷太太 |
[12:50] | …will you have the goodness to come here a moment, my dear? | 能不能请你过来一下 亲爱的 |
[12:55] | Oliver Twist. | 奥利弗·忒斯特 |
[12:57] | How comes an orphan to have any name at all? | 孤儿怎么会有名字 |
[12:59] | -I invented it. -You, Mr. Bumble? | -我给起的 -你 邦布尔先生 |
[13:02] | I, Mr. Sowerberry. | 我 苏尔伯雷先生 |
[13:04] | I name all our foundlings in alphabetical order. | 我按字母顺序给这些孤儿起名字 |
[13:07] | The last was S. | 最后一个是S |
[13:09] | Swubble, I named him. | 我给起了斯瓦布尔 |
[13:11] | This was a T. Twist, I named him. | 这个是T 我给起了忒斯特 |
[13:15] | Next one as comes will be Unwin… | 下一个是恩文 |
[13:18] | …and the next, Vilkins. | 再下一个是维金斯 |
[13:20] | I’ve got names ready all through the alphabet, right up to Z. | 我把整个字母表的名字都准备好了 一直到Z |
[13:24] | Why, you’re quite a literary character, sir. | 哎呀 你可是个大文豪呢 先生 |
[13:27] | Well, well… | 嗯 嗯 |
[13:29] | -…perhaps I may be. -Mrs. Sowerberry… | -没准就是呢 -苏尔伯雷太太 |
[13:32] | …this is the orphan from the workhouse. | 这是救济院的孤儿 |
[13:37] | Dear me, he’s very small. | 天哪 他可真瘦小 |
[13:38] | But he’ll grow, Mrs. Sowerberry. He’ll grow. | 但他会长大的 苏尔伯雷太太 会长大的 |
[13:41] | Yes, I daresay he will. On our food and drink. | 是啊 在我这里吃的好喝得好 我敢说他肯定会的 |
[13:45] | Workhouse boys always cost more to keep than they’re worth. | 救济院的孩子吃得都比一般孩子多 |
[13:50] | Get downstairs, you bag of bones. | 到楼下去 瘦皮猴 |
[13:54] | Here, Charlotte… | 夏洛特 |
[13:56] | …give this boy some of the cold bits that were put by for the dog. | 把我们给狗准备的冷饭给这孩子 |
[14:28] | You don’t mind sleeping among the coffins, I suppose. | 我猜你不会介意睡在棺材旁边 |
[14:31] | Well, it doesn’t much matter whether you do or don’t… | 你介意不介意都一样 |
[14:34] | …for you can’t sleep anywhere else. | 没别的地方给你睡 |
[15:55] | Open the door, will you? | 开门 |
[16:07] | -You the new boy? -Yes, sir. | -你是新来的小子 -是的 先生 |
[16:10] | -How old are you? -Ten, sir. | -你多大了 -10岁 先生 |
[16:14] | Then I’ll whop you one when I get in, you workhouse brat. | 我进来后要好好教训你一顿 救济院的小子 |
[16:34] | I beg your pardon, sir. Did you knock? | 请问 先生 是您敲门的吗 |
[16:37] | I kicked. | 是我踢的 |
[16:38] | Did you want a coffin, sir? | 您要买棺材吗 先生 |
[16:41] | -You don’t know who I am, I suppose. -No, sir. | -我猜你不知道我是谁 -不知道 先生 |
[16:44] | Well, I’m Mr. Noah Claypole. And you’re under me. | 我是诺亚·克雷波尔先生 你归我管 |
[16:48] | Now, take down the shutters. | 现在把窗板关上 |
[16:55] | Saved a nice little bit of bacon for you from the master’s breakfast. | 我从师傅的早餐里给你留了点熏肉 |
[17:04] | In the corner with you. And be quick about it. | 到角落去吃 动作快点 |
[17:07] | They’ll want you to mind the shop. Do you hear? | 他们等你看铺子呢 听到了吗 |
[17:11] | Do you hear, Workhouse? In the corner. | 没听到吗 救济院的 到角落里去 |
[17:13] | Oh, Lord, Noah, let the boy alone. | 老天啊 诺亚 别管这孩子了 |
[17:15] | Let him alone? | 别管他 |
[17:17] | Why, everybody’s let him alone. | 谁愿意管他了 |
[17:19] | His mother, father and all his relations has let him alone. | 他的爸爸 妈妈 所有的亲戚都不管他了 |
[17:24] | So he needs someone who don’t. | 所有他需要有人来管了 |
[17:48] | Supper. | 晚餐 |
[17:50] | Oliver, ain’t you done yet? | 奥利弗 你还没做完吗 |
[17:53] | I’ve never known such an idle boy. Get down them stairs. | 我还从来没见过这么没用的孩子 到楼下去 |
[17:58] | Mr. Sowerberry… | 苏尔伯雷先生 |
[17:59] | …supper. | 进晚餐了 |
[18:02] | -I’ve had a thought, my dear. -Had a thought? | -我有个想法 亲爱的 -想法 |
[18:05] | You want to be careful, Mr. Sowerberry, you’ll get brain fever. | 那你要小心了 苏尔伯雷先生 你会得脑膜炎的 |
[18:08] | -It’s about young Twist. -What about him? | -是关于小忒斯特的 -他怎么了 |
[18:11] | -A very good-looking boy. -He will be. He eats enough. | -一个很好看的孩子 -当然啦 他吃得可不少 |
[18:15] | There’s an expression of melancholy in his face, my dear. | 他脸上有一种忧伤的表情 亲爱的 |
[18:20] | He would make a delightful mute, my love. | 他能成为一个出色的送殡人 亲爱的 |
[18:24] | I– I don’t mean a regular mute to attend grown-up funerals, my dear… | 我–我不是说参加成人葬礼的 一般送殡人 |
[18:30] | …but only for children’s practice. | 是儿童出殡的 |
[18:48] | Look at him. | 看看他 |
[18:51] | Look at him. | 看看他 |
[18:53] | A workhouse boy and a sneak. Look at him. | 救济院的小鬼头 看啊 |
[18:57] | Mark my words, I’ll see him hung. | 记住我的话 他会被绞死的 |
[19:00] | Can’t be too soon. | 不用多久 |
[19:05] | Workhouse, how’s your mother? | 救济院的 你妈妈呢 |
[19:09] | She’s dead. | 她死了 |
[19:12] | What’d she die of, Workhouse? | 怎么死的 |
[19:17] | You gonna cry, Workhouse? | 你要哭了吗 救济院的 |
[19:19] | -What set you off? -Not you. | -什么事让你哭的 -不是你 |
[19:26] | -Not me, eh? -No, not you. | -不是我 -不是你 |
[19:29] | And you better not say anything about my mother. | 你最好别说我妈妈的事 |
[19:34] | Better not? | 最好 |
[19:36] | About your mother? | 你妈妈的事 |
[19:38] | Well, I’m very sorry, and I pity you very much. | 我很抱歉 我很可怜你 |
[19:41] | But you must know, Workhouse… | 但你必须知道 救济院的 |
[19:43] | …your mother was a regular right-down bad one. | 你妈妈准不是个好东西 |
[19:49] | -What did you say? -A regular right-down bad one. | -你说什么 -你妈妈不是个好东西 |
[19:52] | It’s a good thing she died when she did… | 她死得正是时候 |
[19:54] | …or she’d be hard laboring or transported. | 不然的话 她准是在做苦工 或是被流放了 |
[19:56] | Or hung. Which is most likely, isn’t it, Workhouse? | 要么就是被绞死了 这个可能性最大 是吗 救济院的 |
[20:03] | Help, Mrs. Charlotte! | 救命啊 夏洛特太太 |
[20:05] | He’ll murder me. Help! | 他要杀了我了 救命啊 |
[20:08] | Help. Get off! | 救命 走开 |
[20:11] | For God’s sake, help me! | 老天啊 帮帮我 |
[20:15] | My missus, he’s murdering me! | 太太 他要杀了我 |
[20:17] | -Get off. Get off me now! -Get him, Charlotte. | -走开 走开 -把他拉开 夏洛特 |
[20:20] | Get him now. Go out with him. Come on. | 把他拉到外面去 快 |
[20:23] | -Workhouse devil. -I’ll learn you! | -救济院的魔鬼 -我要教训教训你 |
[20:27] | -You brat! -Get the door, Charlotte. | -你这个小坏蛋 -把门打开 夏洛特 |
[20:30] | In with him. In. | 把他仍进去 |
[20:40] | Very violent indeed, sir. | 太凶残了 先生 |
[20:44] | And the missus said… | 太太说 |
[20:45] | …if Mr. Bumble can spare the time… | 如果邦布尔先生能拨冗 |
[20:48] | …then Mr. Bumble’s to flog him… | 就可以来教训他了 |
[20:51] | …because the master’s out. | 因为师傅出去了 |
[20:58] | -ln there. -Oliver? | -在这里面 -奥利弗 |
[21:01] | Let me out of here! | 让我出去 |
[21:03] | -Do you know this here voice, Oliver? -Yes. | -听到我说话吗 奥利弗 -听到了 |
[21:06] | Ain’t you afraid of it, sir? | 你不怕吗 |
[21:08] | Ain’t you trembling while I speak, sir? | 听到我的说话 你不打颤吗 |
[21:10] | No! | 不 |
[21:16] | -He must be mad. -It’s not madness, ma’am, it’s meat. | -他准是疯了 -不是疯了 是肉 |
[21:19] | -Meat? -Meat, ma’am, meat. | -肉 -肉 太太 肉 |
[21:21] | You’ve overfed him. | 你给他吃得太多了 |
[21:23] | If you’d kept this boy on gruel, this would never have happened. | 如果你一直给他喝粥的话 就不会有这种事情了 |
[21:26] | Dear, dear. This comes of being liberal. | 天哪 真是好心没好报 |
[21:30] | What’s all this? | 到底是怎么回事情 |
[21:32] | Oliver Twist has turned violent, Mr. Sowerberry. | 奥利弗·忒斯特突然发狂了 苏尔伯雷先生 |
[21:35] | Look what he’s done to my eye, sir. | 看他把我的眼睛打的 先生 |
[21:41] | Now then. Now then. | 你呀 你呀 |
[21:44] | -You’re a nice young fellow, ain’t you? -He called my mother names. | -你是个好孩子 不是吗 -他侮辱我的妈妈 |
[21:48] | Well, and what if he did, you little ungrateful wretch! | 要是他死了怎么办 你这个忘恩负义的家伙 |
[21:52] | She deserved what he said and worse. | 她活该 报应还不够呢 |
[21:54] | -She didn’t! -She did! | -不是的 -是的 |
[21:56] | It’s a lie! | 你说谎 |
[22:01] | Do something, Mr. Sowerberry. He called me a liar. | 别干站着了 苏尔伯雷先生 他说我扯谎呢 |
[22:07] | Do something! | 别干站着了 |
[25:34] | I beg your pardon, miss… | 对不起 小姐 |
[25:37] | …but would you be so kind–? | 您能不能好心 |
[25:40] | Get off my land. | 滚远点 |
[25:42] | I don’t want no beggars here. Go on! | 我不欢迎乞丐 滚 |
[25:45] | Get off! Or I’ll put the dog on you! | 滚 要不我就放狗了 |
[26:28] | I haven’t much, but you’re more than welcome to it. | 我没有多少 就这点也够救你的小命了 |
[26:34] | Be careful, it’s hot. | 当心点 烫的 |
[26:47] | Seeing you gave me such a turn. | 一看到你我的心就一抽 |
[26:51] | My eyes ain’t what they were. But… | 我眼睛不好使了 但 |
[26:55] | …I just thought for a moment…. | 我一时把你 |
[27:06] | Why are you on the road at all, a little mite like you? | 你这么小 怎么一个人出门 |
[27:12] | -Where are you headed? -London, ma’am. | -你要去哪儿 -伦敦 夫人 |
[27:15] | London? | 伦敦 |
[27:18] | London. | 伦敦 |
[27:21] | Dear, oh, dear, oh, dear. | 哦 天哪 天哪 |
[28:49] | Hello, my man. | 你好 小哥 |
[28:52] | And what’s your game? | 你这是怎么了 |
[28:56] | You’re not from these parts? | 你不住附近吧 |
[29:00] | Where you from, then? | 打哪儿来的 |
[29:03] | I’ve been walking. Seven days. | 我已经走了7天了 |
[29:07] | Seven days? Cor. | 7天 啊 |
[29:10] | I expect you want grub? | 我猜你想吃东西吧 |
[29:12] | And you shall have it. | 保准你能吃到 |
[29:14] | I’m at a low-water mark meself just at the moment… | 我现在手头也有点紧 |
[29:17] | …but I’ll fork out and stump. | 但我会想办法的 |
[29:19] | Come on, up with you, on your pins. | 来吧 站起来 |
[29:29] | And these won’t get out again? | 这些不会再出来了吧 |
[29:32] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[29:35] | Oh, by the by… | 哦 顺便说一下 |
[29:36] | …my name is Jack Dawkins, better known as the Artful Dodger. | 我叫杰克·道金斯 大家都叫我机灵鬼 |
[29:40] | Oliver Twist. | 奥利弗·忒斯特 |
[29:44] | Why are you known as the Artful Dodger? | 你为什么叫机灵鬼 |
[29:47] | That’s why. | 这就是原因 |
[29:57] | Got any lodgings? | 有住的地方吗 |
[29:59] | Money? | 钱呢 |
[30:01] | I suppose you want someplace to sleep tonight, don’t you? | 看来今晚你要找地方睡觉了 是吗 |
[30:41] | Baby newt. | 蝾螈 |
[30:43] | Buy a baby newt, 4 pennies. | 蝾螈 4便士一个 |
[30:48] | I expect you walking for so long was a beak’s order. | 你走这么远 不是铁嘴的命令吧 |
[30:51] | -What does that mean? -Don’t you know what a beak is? | -铁嘴是什么 -你不知道铁嘴是什么 |
[30:55] | -A bird’s mouth, isn’t it? -Cor, you are green. | -是鸟嘴吗 -啊 你还真是个雏儿 |
[30:58] | A beak’s a magistrate, my son. Where you been all your life? | 铁嘴就是治安推事 你到底是哪儿人啊 |
[31:02] | Get off me, you! | 你给我滚开 |
[31:04] | That’s it, you asked for it. | 你自找的 活该 |
[31:09] | Come back here. I wanna talk to you. | 回来啊 我有话对你说 |
[31:31] | –from where I am, mate, I’m telling you. | 我告诉你 伙计 我来的那个地方 |
[31:36] | Go home! | 回家 |
[31:45] | Get off of that! | 放开 |
[31:47] | Go back home! | 回家去 |
[31:55] | -Now then. -Plummy and slam. | -喂 -李子满贯[口令] |
[31:59] | -There’s two of you. Who’s he? -A new pal. | -有两个人 那个是谁 -新来的 |
[32:03] | -Where’d he come from? -Greenland. | -他打哪儿来 -没听说的地方 |
[32:05] | -ls the old one there? -Upstairs, sorting the wipes. | -老头在吗 -在楼上 挑手帕呢 |
[32:26] | This is him, Fagin. My new friend, Oliver Twist. | 就是他 费金 我的新朋友 奥利弗·忒斯特 |
[32:29] | Well, well, Oliver Twist. | 好啊 好啊 奥利弗·忒斯特 |
[32:35] | I hope I have the honor of a more intimate acquaintance. | 希望能有幸进一步跟你交朋友 |
[32:40] | We’re very glad to see you, Oliver. Very. | 我们非常高兴见到你 奥利弗 非常 |
[32:43] | Dodger, take off the sausages… | 机灵鬼 把香肠拿下来 |
[32:45] | …and let’s make a space at the table for Oliver. | 给奥利弗腾个地方出来 |
[32:50] | You were staring at the pocket handkerchiefs, eh, my dear? | 你看的是手帕 亲爱的 |
[32:54] | There’s a good many of them, ain’t there? | 不少吧 |
[32:56] | We’ve just looked them out, ready for the wash. | 我们准备挑出来洗一洗 |
[32:59] | That’s all, my dear. | 就这么回事 亲爱的 |
[33:02] | Blow it. | 吹一下 |
[33:05] | Hot. Blow it. | 烫的 吹一下 |
[33:09] | Now then, Oliver, what you must have… | 奥利弗 你得喝一杯 |
[33:12] | …is a hot gin and water. Warms the cockles. | 热杜松子酒加水 暖暖身子 |
[33:15] | Only, drink it quick because another of these gentlemen wants the tumbler. | 快点喝 另一位先生还等着用杯子呢 |
[33:41] | He’s such a nice lad. | 他是个好孩子 |
[33:43] | I have a feeling he’ll turn out a hard worker. | 我有种感觉 他会是把好手的 |
[33:47] | Yeah, a hard worker. | 是啊 是把好手 |
[34:15] | Oliver? | 奥利弗 |
[34:20] | Oliver? | 奥利弗 |
[35:36] | Clever dogs. | 聪明狗 |
[35:43] | Clever dogs. | 聪明的小狗 |
[35:50] | Fine fellows. | 好家伙 |
[35:55] | All fine fellows. | 都是好家伙 |
[36:00] | Fine fellows. | 好家伙 |
[36:04] | Fine fellows. | 好家伙 |
[36:08] | Fine fellows. | 好家伙 |
[36:12] | Fine fellows. | 好家伙 |
[36:21] | What do you watch me for? Why are you awake? | 你干吗监视我 你怎么会醒着的 |
[36:23] | What have you seen? Speak out, boy! | 你看见什么了 说啊 孩子 |
[36:25] | Quick. Quick, or it’s your life! | 快说 否则要你命 |
[36:27] | I wasn’t able to sleep any longer, sir. | 我再也睡不着了 先生 |
[36:29] | I’m very sorry if I disturbed you. | 如果打扰了您 我非常抱歉 |
[36:31] | -You were not awake a moment ago? -No, sir. | -刚才你没醒吧 -没有 先生 |
[36:33] | -You sure? -Yes, sir. | -真的吗 -真的 先生 |
[36:38] | Of course you were asleep, my dear. I know that. | 你当然是睡着了 我知道的 宝贝儿 |
[36:42] | I only tried to frighten you. | 我只是想吓吓你 |
[36:44] | You’re a brave boy, Oliver. | 你是个勇敢的孩子 奥利弗 |
[36:49] | Did you see any of those pretty things, my dear? | 你看见那些漂亮的玩意儿了吗 宝贝儿 |
[36:51] | Yes, sir. | 看见了 先生 |
[36:53] | They…. | 那些 |
[36:55] | They’re mine, Oliver. My little property. | 那些都是我的 奥利弗 我的一点可怜的财产 |
[36:59] | For my old age. | 是我养老用的 |
[37:01] | It’s our secret. | 这是我们的小秘密 |
[37:04] | -You understand, my dear? -Yes, sir. | -明白了吗 宝贝儿 -明白了 先生 |
[37:08] | Can I go up now, sir? | 我现在可以起来了吗 先生 |
[37:13] | Now…. | 起来吧 |
[37:55] | I hope you’ve been at work this morning, my dears. | 我希望你们早上没偷懒 宝贝们 |
[37:57] | -Hard. -As nails. | -可卖力了 -尽心尽力 |
[37:59] | Good boys. | 好孩子 |
[38:00] | Good boys. | 好孩子 |
[38:02] | -What you got, Dodger? -Couple of pocketbooks. | -给我看看 你有些什么 机灵鬼 -几个皮夹子 |
[38:05] | -Lined? -Pretty well. | -高档吗 -还不错 |
[38:11] | Yeah. | 好啊 |
[38:21] | Dodge. | 机灵鬼 |
[38:23] | I don’t know, Dodge. | 我不知道 机灵鬼 |
[38:29] | Well… | 嗯 |
[38:31] | …not as heavy as they might be… | 好像有点轻 |
[38:33] | …but very neat… | 但很干净 |
[38:35] | …and nicely made. | 做工也不错 |
[38:38] | Ingenious workman, ain’t he, Oliver? | 真是个机灵鬼 是吗 奥利弗 |
[38:40] | Indeed, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[38:42] | And, Charley, what have you got, my dear? | 查理 你呢 宝贝儿 |
[38:45] | -Wipes. -Wipes? | -小手巾儿 -小手巾儿 |
[38:51] | They’re very good ones. | 货色不错 |
[38:54] | Very. | 很不错 |
[39:01] | You haven’t marked them well. | 这个标记做得不好 |
[39:04] | The marks should be picked out with a needle. And we’ll– | 得用针挑出来 我们– |
[39:07] | We’ll teach Oliver how to do it. | 我们教奥利弗怎么做 |
[39:09] | -Shall us, Oliver? -lf you please, sir. | -可以吗 奥利弗 -请吧 先生 |
[39:11] | You’d like to make handkerchiefs as easy as Charley Bates, wouldn’t you? | 你愿意跟查理·贝茨一样做手帕 是这样吗 |
[39:15] | Very much indeed, if you’ll teach me, sir. | 非常乐意 如果您教我的话 先生 |
[39:18] | I’ve never met anyone so green. | 我还没见过这么嫩的雏儿 |
[39:38] | Now then, boys… | 好了 孩子们 |
[39:40] | …the game. | 开始吧 |
[39:44] | We’ll show Oliver… | 我们教奥利弗 |
[39:46] | …how to make pocket handkerchiefs. | 如何做手帕 |
[39:50] | You’d like to play a game, wouldn’t you? | 你愿意玩游戏吗 |
[39:52] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[41:20] | -Got the time, guv? -It’s… | -几点了 老爹 -现在是 |
[41:23] | …8:00. | 8点 |
[41:34] | -Playing the game, were we, Fagin? -As is our custom, my dear. | -在玩游戏吗 费金 -老一套了 亲爱的 |
[41:39] | -He’s new. Who’s he? -Oh, this is Oliver. | -他是新来的吧 叫什么 -他叫奥利弗 |
[41:42] | Oliver… | 奥利弗 |
[41:45] | …these are our very good friends Bet and Nancy. | 这俩位是好朋友 贝特和南希 |
[41:51] | See, Dodger, you wanna learn from him. | 看见了吗 机灵鬼 你得好好跟他学学 |
[41:54] | He’s got manners, he has. A proper gentleman. | 他多有礼貌啊 一位真正的绅士 |
[41:57] | We popped in because we were that cold inside. | 外面太冷了 所以我们才进来 |
[41:59] | As is your custom, my dear. | 随时欢迎 亲爱的 |
[42:03] | -Charley. -Come on, Oliver. Join us. | -查理 -来吧 奥利弗 坐这儿来 |
[42:06] | Or don’t you sit with the common folk? | 还是说你不愿意跟普通人坐一块儿 |
[42:09] | Now, you wanna be careful of this lot, Oliver. | 你得多加小心 奥利弗 |
[42:12] | -They’ll have you picking– -Picking out the marks. | -他们会教你 -教他挑标记 |
[42:15] | Just what we was teaching him, ain’t it, Oliver, my dear? | 我们教的就是这个 奥利弗 是吗 |
[42:18] | -Yes, sir. -“Yes, sir”? | -是的 先生 -“是的 先生” |
[42:20] | You know who you’re talking to, do you? | 你知道是对谁在说话吧 |
[42:24] | What’s your mother got to say about you being here? | 你到这儿来 你妈妈会怎么说 |
[42:27] | I haven’t got a mother. I’m an orphan. | 我没有妈妈 我是孤儿 |
[42:29] | You’re in the right company, then. | 那你就来对地方了 |
[42:34] | Come on, Oliver, I’ll teach you how to play. | 来吧 奥利弗 我来教你怎么玩 |
[42:36] | It’s called Spec or Speculation. | 这叫做”偷机” |
[42:39] | Three cards each, and then the one he turns up… | 每人三张牌 他翻过来的那张 |
[42:42] | …is trumps. | 就是王牌 |
[42:53] | This is a pleasant life, ain’t it, my dear? | 这种日子是不是很快活啊 宝贝儿 |
[43:00] | -When can I go out, sir? -Soon. Soon. | -我什么时候可以出去呢 -快了 快了 |
[43:06] | Let’s– | 我们 |
[43:08] | Let’s see what you’ve learned. | 来看看你都学会了什么 |
[43:11] | -Would you like that? -Oh, yes, sir. | -喜欢吗 -喜欢 先生 |
[43:15] | See if you can take this out… | 看你能不能在我不注意的情况下 |
[43:18] | …without my feeling it. | 把它拿出来 |
[43:48] | Is it gone? | 拿走了吗 |
[43:52] | You’re a clever boy, my dear. | 你真是个聪明的孩子 宝贝儿 |
[43:55] | I never saw a sharper lad. | 我还没见过更聪明的 |
[44:03] | Here’s a shilling for you. | 这是一个先令 拿去吧 |
[44:07] | Make the Dodger and Charley your models. | 跟机灵鬼还有查理学着点 |
[44:10] | Especially the Dodger, my dear. | 特别是机灵鬼 宝贝儿 |
[44:11] | He’ll be a great man himself, make you one too. | 他会是个大人物的 你也会 |
[44:15] | You go on this way… | 你就这么下去 |
[44:17] | …you’ll be the greatest man of the time. | 会成为了不起的大人物 |
[44:23] | Thank you very much, sir. | 非常感谢 先生 |
[44:33] | Lovely white apples. Get your lovely apples. | 漂亮的苹果 来看看漂亮的苹果 |
[44:40] | Biggest cabbages in town. Come on. | 来啊 本市最大的卷心菜 |
[44:44] | You mean that one with the wide rim? | 你是说那个宽边的 |
[44:48] | Too expensive. | 太贵了 |
[45:39] | Thief! Your handkerchief, sir. | 小偷 你的手帕 先生 |
[45:41] | Stop, thief! | 拦住他 小偷 |
[45:47] | Stop! | 拦住他 |
[45:48] | Thief! | 小偷 |
[45:51] | -You’re a thief! -Get him! | -你是个贼 -抓住他 |
[45:54] | -Stop him! -Stop that boy! | -抓住他 -抓住那个男孩 |
[45:56] | Thief! | 小偷 |
[46:00] | Stop, thief! | 抓住他 小偷 |
[46:02] | Thief! | 小偷 |
[46:06] | Stop him! | 抓住他 |
[46:09] | Stop him! | 抓住他 |
[46:10] | Mind out. | 小心 |
[46:16] | Stop, thief! | 抓住他 |
[46:20] | There, over there. | 那边 在那边 |
[46:24] | That way! | 那边 |
[46:26] | -Stop, thief! Stop! -Thief! | -抓住他 小偷 抓住他 -小偷 |
[46:45] | -What’s your name, boy? -Give him some air. | -你叫什么 -让他透口气 |
[46:48] | He’s scared to death. | 他吓死了 |
[46:50] | -Where’s the gentleman? -Here’s the gentleman now. | -那位先生呢 -先生来了 |
[46:53] | -ls this the boy, sir? -Yes, I’m afraid it is. | -是这个孩子吗 -恐怕是的 |
[46:55] | That’s a good one. Did you hear him, “afraid it is”? | 回答得真妙啊”恐怕是的” |
[46:58] | -Poor fellow’s hurt himself. -Yeah, I did that, sir. | -可怜的家伙 自己受伤了 -是的 是我干的 先生 |
[47:02] | Hurt me knuckle against his mouth. But I stopped him. | 关节打到了他嘴上 可我拦下他了 |
[47:06] | -Get up! -lt wasn’t me, sir. It wasn’t me. | -起来 -不是我 先生 不是我 |
[47:09] | Of course it wasn’t. It never is. | 当然不是 小偷都这么说 |
[47:11] | -Now get up. -Don’t hurt him. | -起来 -别伤了他 |
[47:13] | Oh, no, sir, I won’t hurt him. | 不 先生 我不会的 |
[47:24] | -What’s next? -That is my name and address, sir. | -下一个 -这是我的姓名和地址 先生 |
[47:28] | Officer, who is this fellow? | 警官 这家伙是谁 |
[47:30] | -My name is Brownlow. -Hold your tongue. | -我叫布朗罗 -闭嘴 |
[47:32] | Officer, what’s this fellow charged with? | 警官 这家伙犯了什么罪 |
[47:35] | Oh, no, no. He’s not charged, Your Worship. | 哦 不 不是他 大人 |
[47:37] | He appears against the boy. | 他是来指控这个孩子的 |
[47:39] | -Swear him. -Before I am sworn… | -让他发誓 -在我发誓之前 |
[47:41] | -…I must beg to say one word. -Hold your tongue, sir. | -我必须进上一言 -闭嘴 先生 |
[47:44] | -I will not, sir! -Hold your tongue this instant. | -我不 先生 -即刻闭嘴 |
[47:47] | You’re an insolent, impertinent fellow. | 你是个鲁莽无礼的家伙 |
[47:50] | -How dare you bully a magistrate. -What? | -你竟敢辱骂推事 -什么 |
[47:52] | Swear this person. I’ll not hear another word. Swear him. | 让他发誓 我不想听他废话了 让他发誓 |
[47:56] | “l do solemnly swear to tell the whole truth, so help me God.” | “我郑重发誓 所言皆为事实 上帝作证” |
[47:59] | -What’s the charge against the boy? -I was at a bookstore when– | -你指控这孩子什么 -我正在书店 |
[48:02] | Hold your tongue! Where’s the policeman? | 闭嘴 警察呢 |
[48:05] | Policeman, what is this? Are there any witnesses? | 警官 怎么回事情 有证人吗 |
[48:07] | -None, Your Worship. -The boy is ill. | -没有 大人 -这孩子在生病 |
[48:10] | Oh, yes, I daresay. | 是的 恐怕如此 |
[48:12] | Come along, you vagabond. None of your tricks here. | 过来 小乞丐 别在这里耍花样 |
[48:16] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[48:18] | What’s your name, you hardened scoundrel? | 你叫什么 你这个顽固的无赖 |
[48:21] | -Officer, what’s his name? -What’s your name, boy? | -警官 他叫什么名字 -你叫什么 孩子 |
[48:25] | Some water. Some water. | 水 给我水 |
[48:27] | He says his name is Sam Waters, Your Worship. | 他的名字叫萨姆·沃特斯 大人 |
[48:30] | -Where does he live? -Where do you live? | -你住哪儿 -你住哪儿 |
[48:32] | -Anywhere he can, Your Worship. -Stuff and nonsense. | -没固定的地方 大人 -废话 |
[48:35] | Don’t try to make a fool out of me. | 别耍我 |
[48:37] | No, I think he really is ill, Your Worship. | 不 我想他真的是病了 大人 |
[48:39] | I know better, or my name’s not Fang. | 我比你清楚 否则我就不姓方 |
[48:42] | Stand away, officer. He’s shamming. | 站到旁边去 他在装死 |
[48:45] | He stands committed for three months. | 即席判决他劳役三个月 |
[48:47] | Hard labor, of course. Clear the office. | 退庭 |
[48:49] | Stop. Stop, stop! Don’t take him away. | 别 别 别带走他 |
[48:52] | What is this? Who is this? Turn this man out. | 怎么回事 这人是谁 把他赶出去 |
[48:55] | -Clear the office. -I will not be turned out! I will speak! | -退庭 -我不出去 我有话要说 |
[48:59] | I saw it all. I own the bookshop. | 我都看见了 我是书店老板 |
[49:02] | -I demand to be heard. -What have you got to say? | -我要作证 -你有什么要说的 |
[49:04] | -lt was not this boy. -Not this boy? Who was it, then? | -不是那个孩子 -不是那个孩子 那是谁 |
[49:07] | The robbery was committed by two others while the man was reading. | 在那位先生看书的时候 偷他东西的 是另外两个小孩 |
[49:11] | I saw it done. I saw that this boy was perfectly amazed by it. | 我看见了 看见这孩子都吓呆了 |
[49:14] | Why didn’t you come before? | 你为什么不早来 |
[49:16] | -I hadn’t a soul to mind the shop. -Reading, you say? | -没人帮我看铺子 -你说看书 |
[49:19] | A book, I suppose. | 那么说有书了 |
[49:21] | Yes, the very one he has in his hand. | 是的 就攥在他手上呢 |
[49:24] | Oh, dear me, I forgot all about it. | 天哪 我把这事给忘了 |
[49:26] | Well, you’re a nice one. | 好啊 你也是个好人啊 |
[49:28] | To prefer a charge against an innocent boy. | 指控无辜的孩子 |
[49:32] | I consider, sir, that you’ve obtained that book… | 我猜你是在一种极为可疑 |
[49:35] | …under very suspicious and disreputable circumstances. | 极不光彩的情况下取得这本书的 |
[49:38] | -Damn me! -Bookseller… | -该死 -店主 |
[49:40] | …do you want to press charges against him? | 你要指控他吗 |
[49:42] | -Certainly not. -Well… | -当然不 -好吧 |
[49:45] | …think yourself fortunate… | 你是不是觉得挺幸运的 |
[49:46] | …that the owner of the book declines to prosecute. | 书的主人拒绝指控你 |
[49:49] | The boy is discharged. | 对这孩子的指控取消 |
[49:50] | -Clear the office. -Damn me. | -退庭 -岂有此理 |
[49:52] | Clear the office! Clear the office! | 退庭 退庭 |
[49:54] | Next case. | 下一个案子 |
[49:57] | Come on. Move along, sir, please. Just move along, sir. | 来啊 走 先生 走起来 先生 |
[50:00] | There’s a good gentleman, sir. | 真是位好心人 先生 |
[50:03] | Hold on, Harry. I’ll give you a hand. | 等等 哈里 我帮你一把 |
[50:05] | Mind that step. Just mind that step there. | 小心脚下楼梯 |
[50:09] | Make way for the law, sir. | 让一让路 先生 |
[50:13] | -Careful. Careful with him. -He seems very young too. | -小心 小心点 -他看上去年纪很小 |
[50:18] | Call a coach, pray. | 帮我叫辆马车 |
[50:19] | -Yeah, right away, sir. -I’m sorry. | -好的 马上 先生 -抱歉 |
[50:24] | Poor boy. | 可怜的孩子 |
[50:30] | -Mind yourself, madam. -Thank you, sir. | -小心 夫人 -谢谢你 先生 |
[50:33] | -Got one, sir. -Thank you, officer. | -车来了 先生 -谢谢 警官 |
[50:36] | Let me, sir. | 我来吧 先生 |
[50:38] | There we go. | 好了 |
[50:42] | -Will you drop me off, sir? -Of course. | -能搭我一程吗 先生 -当然可以 |
[50:45] | All right. | 好吧 |
[50:47] | If you could just take his head, sir. | 请帮忙抬一下他的头 先生 |
[50:50] | -Where to, sir? -Pentonville. | -去哪儿 -本顿维尔 |
[50:54] | -Pentonville. -Yes. | -本顿维尔 -是的 |
[50:57] | Answer me! Where is he? | 回答我 他去哪儿了 |
[50:57] | Answer me! Where is he? | 回答我 他去哪儿了 |
[50:58] | What’s become of the boy? Speak out, or I’ll throttle you! | 那孩子怎么样了 说啊 要不我掐死你 |
[51:01] | The traps have got him! Let go of me, will you?! | 条子抓走了 放开我 |
[51:12] | Bullseye! | 大牛 |
[51:13] | Who pitched this here at me? Who done it? | 谁扔的 谁往我头上扔的 |
[51:19] | Bullseye. Come in, you sneaking warmint. | 大牛 进来 你这鬼鬼祟祟的家伙 |
[51:22] | What you stopping outside for? | 待在外面不进来干吗 |
[51:26] | Lay down. | 趴下 |
[51:30] | What you up to, Fagin? Ill-treating the boys again? | 怎么了 费金 又虐待这些孩子了 |
[51:34] | A wonder they don’t murder you. I would, if I was them. | 我奇怪他们怎么还没杀了你 如果换了是我 早动手了 |
[51:37] | Don’t speak so loud. You seem out of sorts, Bill. | 别这么大声 你似乎不高兴 比尔 |
[51:41] | Give us a drink. And mind you don’t poison it. | 给我杯喝的 小心别下毒药 |
[51:44] | Charley. | 查理 |
[51:46] | Good stuff, Bill. | 好东西 比尔 |
[51:50] | So, Dodger… | 机灵鬼 |
[51:52] | -…what’s it all about? -A new boy. | -这是唱的哪一出啊 -一个新来的孩子 |
[51:55] | Come out with us afore he was rightly up to it. | 正在跟我们学徒 |
[51:57] | -Got nabbed by the traps. -You see, Bill… | -被条子抓住了 -你看 比尔 |
[52:01] | …I’m afraid he may say something which will get us into trouble. | 我担心他说出一些 把我们也搭进去的事情 |
[52:06] | You were blowed upon, Fagin. | 你要被告发了 费金 |
[52:09] | And about time. | 也到时候了 |
[52:11] | And I’m afraid, you see, Bill, that if the game was up with us… | 比尔 你看啊 如果我们完蛋了 |
[52:14] | …it would come out rather worse for you than it would for me, my dear. | 你的损失恐怕比我们大 亲爱的 |
[52:19] | There’s only one thing for it. | 那只能这么着了 |
[52:21] | Somebody’s gotta find out at the office what’s being done to him. | 得找人到局子里去看看 看看他怎么样了 |
[52:24] | Somebody’s gotta get hold of him somehow. | 总得有人去 |
[52:26] | I ain’t going near no police office. Not for nobody, nohow. | 我才不愿意靠近警察局呢 为谁都不去 |
[52:30] | I have it, the very thing. Bet will go. | 我有主意了 贝特会去的 |
[52:33] | -Won’t you, my dear? -I’m blessed if I will. | -是不是啊 亲爱的 -如果我去的话 会遭雷劈的 |
[52:36] | Nancy, my dear, what do you say? | 南希 亲爱的 你说呢 |
[52:38] | It won’t do. There’s no use in trying it on, Fagin. | 不行 你这套把戏行不通 费金 |
[52:41] | -What do you mean by that? -What I say. | -你那是什么意思 -我说过了 |
[52:43] | Why, you’re just the very person for it. | 你是最合适的 |
[52:45] | Nobody about here knows anything about you. | 这儿没人认识你 |
[52:47] | And as I don’t want them to neither. | 我也不想让他们认识 |
[52:50] | It’s rather more “no” than “yes” with me, Bill. | 我也不会同意的 比尔 |
[52:52] | -She’ll go, Fagin. -No, she won’t, Fagin. | -她会去的 费金 -不 她不会 费金 |
[52:55] | Yes, she will, Fagin. | 她会去的 费金 |
[53:07] | -Can I help you, miss? -I’m looking for my little brother. | -需要效劳吗 女士 -我在找我的弟弟 |
[53:12] | -Now, who would he be? -A lovely little boy. | -他是谁啊 -一个可爱的小男孩 |
[53:14] | Lovely manners. Gentle as falling snow. | 很文雅 很有礼貌 |
[53:19] | We don’t get many of those. | 不在我们这里 |
[53:21] | I think you’ll be wanting Mr. Fang’s court. | 也许你该试试方先生的法庭 |
[53:30] | George, this here young lady is looking for her brother. | 乔治 这位年轻女士要找她的弟弟 |
[53:33] | The one that fainted and got away with it. | 那个昏倒 后来走掉的 |
[53:35] | Oh, yeah. Gentleman took him away. | 是啊 被一位先生带走了 |
[53:38] | What gentleman? Gracious heavens, what gentleman? | 什么先生 老天爷啊 什么先生 |
[53:41] | Well, lives in Pentonville, I believe. | 我想是住在本顿维尔 |
[53:44] | Oh, my God. | 哦 老天 |
[53:47] | No, no. Wait, wait, wait. | 不 不 等等 等等 |
[53:49] | His card’s here somewhere. | 他还有张名片在这里 |
[53:52] | Here we are. | 给 |
[54:01] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 先生 |
[55:03] | Mr. Brownlow. | 布朗罗先生 |
[55:05] | Mr. Brownlow. | 布朗罗先生 |
[55:34] | There’s something in him… | 他身上有种东西 |
[55:36] | …that touched my heart, Mrs. Bedwin. | 触动了我 贝德温太太 |
[55:39] | Can’t explain it. | 说不清楚 |
[55:42] | I feel the same, sir. | 我也有这种感觉 先生 |
[55:45] | Who is he? What is he? | 他是谁 干什么的 |
[55:47] | You know nothing of him. | 你对他一无所知 |
[55:49] | He had a fever. What of that? | 他发烧了 那又怎么了 |
[55:51] | Bad people have fevers sometimes. | 坏人也会发烧的 |
[55:54] | I knew a man in Jamaica who was hanged for murdering his master. | 我知道在牙买加有个家伙 因为谋杀主人而被绞死 |
[55:57] | He had a fever six times. | 他发过6次烧 |
[56:00] | -I know there is goodness in him. -How do you know it? | -我知道他身上有善良的品质 -你怎么知道的 |
[56:03] | Goodness and innocence. | 善良和无辜 |
[56:05] | -I knew it the first moment I saw him. -He’ll deceive you. | -我第一眼看到他就知道了 -他会骗人的 |
[56:08] | Let you down at the first opportunity… | 一有机会就会让你失望 |
[56:10] | …Iike all your other good and innocent causes. | 就像你以前做的那些善事一样 |
[56:13] | If that boy’s good and innocent, I’ll eat my own head, sir. | 如果那孩子是善良无辜的 我就把自己的脑袋吃了 先生 |
[56:26] | How do you feel, my dear? | 感觉如果 亲爱的 |
[56:29] | Very happy, sir. | 很高兴 先生 |
[56:30] | -And very grateful to you indeed, sir. -Good boy. | -非常感谢您 先生 -好孩子 |
[56:35] | Have you given him any nourishment, Bedwin? Any slops? | 有没有给他吃过东西了 贝德温 吃过流食了吗 |
[56:39] | Not slops, sir. Broth. | 不是流食 先生 是肉汤 |
[56:43] | A couple of glasses of port wine… | 还有几杯葡萄酒 |
[56:45] | …would have done him a great deal more good. | 对他的身体大有好处 |
[56:47] | Wouldn’t they, Sam? | 是吗 萨姆 |
[56:50] | My name is Oliver, sir. | 我叫奥利弗 先生 |
[56:52] | Oliver? | 奥利弗 |
[56:54] | -Oliver what? Oliver Waters? -No, sir. Twist. Oliver Twist. | -奥利弗什么 奥利弗·沃特斯 -不 先生 忒斯特 奥利弗·忒斯特 |
[56:59] | Why did you tell the magistrate your name was Waters? | 你为什么告诉推事 你叫沃特斯 |
[57:02] | I never told him so, sir. | 我没这么告诉他 先生 |
[57:04] | -You did not? -No, sir. | -你没有 -没有 先生 |
[57:10] | -You’re not angry with me, are you? -No, no. | -你不是在生我的气吧 先生 -不 没有 |
[57:14] | Queer name. | 奇怪的名字 |
[57:16] | Oliver Twist. | 奥利弗·忒斯特 |
[57:19] | There are a great many books, are there not, my boy? | 这里的书很多吧 孩子 |
[57:23] | A great number, sir. | 是非常多 先生 |
[57:25] | Never saw so many. | 从来没看过这么多 |
[57:30] | How would you like to grow up a clever man… | 你想长大成为一个智者 |
[57:32] | …and write books? | 撰写书籍吗 |
[57:34] | I think I’d rather read them, sir. | 我宁可读书 先生 |
[57:37] | Wouldn’t you like to be a book writer? | 为什么不想当作家呢 |
[57:41] | I think it’d be a better thing to be a bookseller, sir. | 我想做一个卖书的也许更好 先生 |
[57:47] | You have said a very good thing. | 你说得真不错 |
[57:51] | Well, well. | 好吧 |
[57:52] | We won’t make an author of you while there’s an honest trade to be learned… | 我们不会把你培养成作家 只要学门正当的手艺就行 |
[57:56] | …or brickmaking to turn to. | 或者去学制砖 |
[57:58] | -Are you going to send me away, sir? -No, my dear child. | -你是要赶我走吗 先生 -不 我亲爱的孩子 |
[58:01] | You need not be afraid that I am going to desert you… | 你不必担心我抛弃你 |
[58:04] | -…unless you give me cause. -I never, never will, sir. | -除非你给我这么做的理由 -不会的 永远都不会 先生 |
[58:07] | I hope not… | 希望如此 |
[58:08] | …because I feel strongly disposed to trust you. | 因为我非常愿意相信你 我为此也感到奇怪 |
[58:12] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 先生 |
[58:22] | I’m pleased I won’t have to wear those again. | 我很高兴不用再穿这些了 |
[58:25] | So are we all, my dear. | 我们也很高兴 亲爱的 |
[58:29] | There. | 给 |
[59:27] | Hello. | 您们好 |
[59:29] | What’s that? | 他是谁啊 |
[59:31] | This is young Oliver Twist. | 这是小奥利弗·忒斯特 |
[59:33] | The bookseller’s boy brought a package. | 书店的伙计拿来一个包裹 |
[59:35] | Oh, stop him, Oliver. There’s some books to go back. | 哦 追上他 奥利弗 我还有些书要还回去 |
[59:39] | -ls that the boy who had the fever? -That’s the boy. | -他就是那个得了感冒的孩子 -没错 就是 |
[59:57] | Mind out! | 当心点 |
[1:00:09] | -No sign of him, sir. -Oh, dear, I’m very sorry for that. | -先生 没看到他 -噢 真让人难过 |
[1:00:13] | I particularly wished some books to be returned tonight. | 有几本书我很想今晚就还了 |
[1:00:16] | Why not send Oliver with them? He’ll be sure to deliver them safely. | 为什么不让奥立弗去 让他去绝送对不会出问题 |
[1:00:20] | Yes, do let me take them. | 是的 您就交给我吧 |
[1:00:21] | If you please, sir. I’ll run all the way. | 先生 如果你愿意的话 我可以跑过去 |
[1:00:33] | You shall go, my dear. | 去吧 亲爱的 |
[1:00:35] | Ask Mrs. Bedwin to show you the way. | 让贝德温太太告诉你怎么走 |
[1:00:38] | -And, Oliver…. -Yes, sir? | -等等 奥立弗 -是的 先生 |
[1:00:41] | Give the bookseller this. | 把这个给书店老板 |
[1:00:47] | The money I owe him. | 我欠他的钱 |
[1:00:56] | I won’t be long, sir. | 我马上回来 先生 |
[1:00:59] | -How long do you think it’ll take him? -You really expect him to come back? | -你觉得这一去要多长时间 -你真觉得他会回来吗 |
[1:01:05] | -You don’t? -With a £5 note in his pocket? | -你觉得不会 -带着5英镑 |
[1:01:08] | No, I do not. | 不 我不相信 |
[1:01:10] | If ever that boy returns to this house… | 如果那个孩子回来的话 |
[1:01:13] | …I’ll eat my own head, sir. | 我把自己的头吃掉 先生 |
[1:01:16] | And yours. | 还有你的头 |
[1:01:34] | Oh, my little brother! | 噢 弟弟 |
[1:01:37] | -I don’t believe my eyes. -Let me go. Help! | -我没看错吧 -放开我 救命 |
[1:01:40] | -It’s a miracle. Oh, I’ve found him. -Please let me go. | -上天有眼啊 我找到他了 -放开我 |
[1:01:44] | -Oh, Oliver. Oliver. -Nancy. | -噢 奥立弗 奥立弗 -南希 |
[1:01:47] | You’re such a naughty boy to make me suffer such distress on your account. | 你太调皮了 为了你我受了多少苦啊 |
[1:01:50] | -Let go of me! -What’s the matter, ma’am? | -放开我 -小姐 这是怎么回事 |
[1:01:53] | He ran away from his parents. | 他离家出走了 |
[1:01:55] | -Get off me! -Hard-working, respectable people… | -放开我 -他们勤勤恳恳 受人敬重 |
[1:01:57] | …and joined a set of thieves and bad characters. | 而他倒和一帮小贼和坏蛋混在一起 |
[1:02:00] | Broke his mother’s heart. | 他妈妈的心可伤透了 |
[1:02:01] | Young wretch. Go home, you little brute. | -可怜的孩子 -回家吧 你这个小混蛋 |
[1:02:04] | I haven’t got any parents. | 我没有爸妈 |
[1:02:06] | I’m an orphan. I live in Pentonville. | 我是孤儿 我住在本顿维尔 |
[1:02:08] | Oh, only hear him, how he braves it out. | 噢 别听他的 这也敢说啊 |
[1:02:10] | -What? Young Oliver. -It’s true. | -什么 小奥立弗 -是真的 |
[1:02:14] | You come home to your poor mother. | 回到你可怜的妈妈身边去 |
[1:02:17] | I don’t belong to them! I don’t know them! Help! Help! | 他们不能管我 我不认识他们 救命啊 救命 |
[1:02:20] | “Help, help”? | “救命 救命” |
[1:02:21] | I’ll give you “help, help,” you little wretch! | 我来救你的命 你个小混蛋 |
[1:02:25] | And these books. | 这些书哪来的 |
[1:02:26] | Have you been a-stealing them, have you, eh? | 是你偷来的 对吗 |
[1:02:29] | -You little villain. -That’s right. You give it to him. | -你这个小混蛋 -就是 你要好好教训他 |
[1:02:33] | -Only way to bring him to his senses. -I will, missus. | -否则他还是不懂事 -我会的 夫人 |
[1:02:36] | And you come with me, you little wretch. | 跟我走 你这个小混蛋 |
[1:02:38] | It’ll do him good. | 这样对他有好处 |
[1:02:40] | -Who is this man? Help! -Bullseye, mind him, boy. | -这个男人是谁 救命啊 -大牛 看着他 好样的 |
[1:02:43] | -Mind him. -Help! Help! | -看着他 -救命 救命 |
[1:02:47] | Look at him, Fagin. | 你看看他 费金 |
[1:02:49] | Hold me, somebody. | 谁来扶我一下 |
[1:02:52] | Hold me, somebody, while I laugh it out. | 谁来扶我一下 我要笑歪了 |
[1:02:54] | Look at his togs, Fagin. | 你看他穿的 费金 |
[1:02:57] | Delighted to see you looking so well, my dear. | 很高兴看到你这么好 亲爱的 |
[1:02:59] | Why didn’t you write, my dear, and say you was coming? | 为什么不提前写封信 说你要来啊 |
[1:03:02] | We’d have got something warm for supper. | 那样我们就可以弄点热菜晚上吃了 |
[1:03:06] | Hello, Fagin. What’s that? That’s mine, Fagin. | -你好啊 费金 那是什么 -那是我的 费金 |
[1:03:08] | Oh, no, my dear. Mine, Bill, mine. You shall have the books. | 不不 亲爱的 那是我的 比尔 我的 那些书你拿去吧 |
[1:03:11] | If that ain’t mine and Nancy’s, I’ll take the boy back again. | 如果你不给我和南希 那我就把孩子带回去 |
[1:03:14] | Come on, hand over, will you? | 来吧 拿过来 |
[1:03:16] | This is hardly fair, Bill. Hardly fair, Nancy. | 这太不公平了吧 比尔 不公平啊 南希 |
[1:03:18] | Fair or not fair, hand over, I tell you. | 我才不管公不公平 给我拿过来 |
[1:03:22] | Give it here, you avaricious old skeleton. Give it here! | 拿过来 你这个贪心的老骨头 拿来 |
[1:03:25] | That’s for our share of the trouble, and not half enough neither. | 你给我们带来这么多麻烦 再拿这么多来都不够还 |
[1:03:29] | You may keep the books if you’re fond of reading. If you ain’t, sell them. | 如果你喜欢读书就留着吧 要么就卖掉 |
[1:03:33] | They’re very pretty. Beautiful writing, isn’t it, Oliver? | 这些书真漂亮啊 字也很漂亮 是吗 奥立弗 |
[1:03:37] | Send them back. They belong to Mr. Brownlow. | 要送回去 这些书是布朗罗先生的 |
[1:03:40] | Send them back. The books and the money. | 这些书和钱都要送回去 |
[1:03:43] | He’ll think I stole them. | 他会以为是我偷了的 |
[1:03:44] | -Please send them back. -The boy’s right. | -求你了 送回去吧 -这孩子说的没错 |
[1:03:46] | You’re right, Oliver. You’re right. They will think you’ve stolen them. | 没错 奥立弗 没错 他们会认为是你偷的 |
[1:03:51] | It couldn’t have happened better if we’d chosen our time. | 真是太好了 事情真是巧啊 |
[1:03:54] | Help! Help! Police! | 救命啊 警察 |
[1:03:56] | Fetch the police! The police! | 叫警察 让你叫 |
[1:03:59] | Keep back the dog, Bill. He’ll tear the boy to pieces. | 管住这条狗 比尔 孩子会被它咬成几块的 |
[1:04:02] | -Serve him right. -Help! Fetch the police! | -那是活该 -救命 叫警察 |
[1:04:06] | Fetch the police! | 叫警察 |
[1:04:07] | Step aside, or I’ll split your head against the wall. | 走开 否则我把你的头劈成两半 |
[1:04:10] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[1:04:11] | That child shan’t be torn down by the dog unless you kill me first. | 我不会让那条狗把孩子咬死 除非你先杀了我 |
[1:04:16] | Bullseye. Here. Bullseye! | 大牛 来 大牛 |
[1:04:26] | Dodger! | 机灵鬼 |
[1:04:29] | Get after him! | 跟着他 |
[1:04:34] | Take your hands off me! | 放开我 |
[1:05:08] | So you wanted to get away, my dear, did you? | 你想逃吗 亲爱的 |
[1:05:11] | Wanted to call for the police, did you? | 想报警 对吗 |
[1:05:14] | We’ll soon cure you of that. | 我们待会儿会好好治治你 |
[1:05:18] | I won’t stand by and see this done, Fagin. | 我不能眼睁睁的看着你这样做 费金 |
[1:05:21] | You got the boy. What more do you want? | 孩子你已经抓到了 你还想怎么样 |
[1:05:23] | Keep quiet, Nancy, or I’ll quieten you for a good long time to come. | 别出声 南希 否则我会叫你以后都说不出话来 |
[1:05:26] | Let him be. Let him be! | 就让他这样好了 随他去 |
[1:05:29] | You’re a fine one for the boy to make a friend of. | 你还真要做这孩子的好朋友啊 |
[1:05:31] | God Almighty help me, I am. | 老天为证 我就是这样 |
[1:05:33] | He’s a thief, a liar, a devil, all that’s bad from this night forth. | 他偷东西 撒谎 讨人厌 也就这样了 |
[1:05:37] | Ain’t that enough for the old wretch without blows? | 你这个老头还嫌打他不够吗 |
[1:05:40] | Come, come, we must have civil words. Civil words. | 好了 好了 我们讲话要文明点 文明点 |
[1:05:43] | Civil words? Civil words, you old villain! | 文明 你跟我说文明 你这个老鬼 |
[1:05:46] | I thieved for you when I was a child not half as old as this. | 我打小孩时起就帮你偷东西 还没有他一半岁数呢 |
[1:05:49] | It’s your living. | 你总要活命吧 |
[1:05:51] | Yes, and you’re the wretch that drove me to it… | 没错 是你这个老鬼逼我这样的 |
[1:05:54] | …and who will keep me at it, day and night, till I die! | 让我走上这条路 日日夜夜 直到死为止 |
[1:06:01] | Dodger, Charley, put Oliver to bed. | 机灵鬼 查理 让奥立弗去睡吧 |
[1:06:05] | Best to take them clothes off. They’re too good to sleep in. | 最好把那些衣服脱掉 穿这么好去睡觉太不像话了 |
[1:06:08] | Charley’s right. This here suit cost more than 4 pence ha’penny. | 查理说得对 这套衣服要4个半便士呢 |
[1:06:12] | I never felt such lovely stuff. Have you, Dodger? | 我从来没摸过这么舒服的料子 你呢 机灵鬼 |
[1:06:15] | Not me. But I’m willing to lay odds… | 我没穿过 不过我敢打赌 |
[1:06:17] | …this is the same stuff the queen wears on Sundays. | 女王穿的衣服就是用这个料子的 |
[1:06:24] | Quick, get him. | 快 抓住他 |
[1:06:25] | Take it off. | 脱掉 |
[1:06:30] | Lift him up. | 把他抬起来 |
[1:06:31] | Up he goes. | 好了 |
[1:06:37] | Get them shoes off. | 脱鞋子 |
[1:07:14] | Little something for your luncheon, my dear? | 吃点午饭吧 亲爱的 |
[1:07:34] | Shall we have a little chat? | 我们聊一会 好吗 |
[1:07:37] | Oliver? | 奥立弗 |
[1:07:39] | Shall us? | 好不好 |
[1:07:43] | I expect you’d welcome… | 我觉得你这么久没听过人说话 |
[1:07:46] | …the sound of a human voice again, eh, my dear? | 应该会喜欢听到才对啊 对吗 亲爱的 |
[1:07:56] | Do you know… | 你知不知道 |
[1:07:58] | …what I consider the greatest sin in the world, my dear? | 我觉得世上最大的罪过是什么 亲爱的 |
[1:08:03] | Ingratitude. | 忘恩负义 |
[1:08:08] | And that’s what you’re guilty of… | 也就是你所犯的罪过 |
[1:08:10] | …ingratitude. | 忘恩负义 |
[1:08:12] | We took you in, we cherished you. If we hadn’t, you’d have died of hunger. | 我们带你回来 爱你 要不是我们 你早就饿死了 |
[1:08:16] | How do you repay us? You run away… | 你怎么报答我们呢 你逃跑了 |
[1:08:18] | …you cry out for the police, you cause us great anxiety and expense. | 还跑去叫警察 你让我们担心 还花费了不少 |
[1:08:28] | There was a lad once, just like you, and I was a father to him. | 过去也有个小家伙 很像你 我对他就像他爸爸一样好 |
[1:08:31] | He ran away, like you. He indeed went to the police. | 可是他和你一样 也逃跑了 他确实找到了警察 |
[1:08:33] | And can you guess how he ended up? | 你知道他落得什么下场吗 |
[1:08:39] | They hanged him… | 他被吊死了 |
[1:08:42] | …at the Old Bailey. | 就在老城法庭 |
[1:08:45] | Certain evidence was made available, not all of it precisely true… | 我们提供了一些证据 虽然不全是真的 |
[1:08:51] | …but all of it necessary to provide for my own safety… | 但足以保证我自己 |
[1:08:55] | …and that of my friends. | 和我朋友的安全 |
[1:08:57] | Yeah. Poor boy. | 就是这样 可怜的孩子 |
[1:09:00] | Hanged. | 被吊死了 |
[1:09:03] | It’s a terrible thing, hanging, Oliver. | 绞刑很吓人的 奥立弗 |
[1:09:05] | Dawn, the gallows… | 天刚亮 在绞刑架上 |
[1:09:08] | …the rope, the noose. | 有绳子 有套索 |
[1:09:10] | You don’t always have to be guilty, you see, Oliver. | 你不一定要有罪 对吧 奥立弗 |
[1:09:13] | They hang you for anything these days. | 这年头他们要吊死你可不讲什么道理 |
[1:09:15] | That’s because they’re so very fond of hanging. | 因为他们很喜欢吊人 |
[1:09:27] | But if you do as you’re told… | 但是如果你按我说的做 |
[1:09:30] | …we’ll be very good friends yet. | 我们还会是好朋友的 |
[1:09:42] | You must feel free to walk about now, Oliver. | 奥立弗 你可以到处走走了 |
[1:09:48] | Yes, feel free. | 没错 随便哪里 |
[1:09:57] | -Here, Oliver. -Yes? | -来这里 奥立弗 -什么事 |
[1:10:00] | I’d like you to assist me in my toilet straightaway. | 你马上过来 为我打扮打扮 |
[1:10:04] | -Will you do that for me, my man? -All right. I’ll be glad to have company. | -可以帮一下忙吗 小伙子 -没问题 我我希望有人陪陪 |
[1:10:08] | There’s a good fellow. You may start by japanning my trotter-cases. | 这才是好小子嘛 来 先为我脚套上光 |
[1:10:13] | In plain English, clean my boots. | 简单点说 就是帮我擦擦鞋 |
[1:10:20] | What a pity he ain’t a prig. | 真可惜 他不是个三只手 |
[1:10:22] | He don’t know what’s good for him. | 他不知道什么才是好的 |
[1:10:24] | I suppose you don’t know what a prig is. | 我看你不知道什么是三只手吧 |
[1:10:26] | Yes, I do. It’s a…. | 我知道的 三只手是 |
[1:10:29] | It’s a thief. | 就是贼 |
[1:10:31] | You’re one, aren’t you? | 你就是三只手 对吗 |
[1:10:33] | Yes, I am. And so we all are. Down to the dog… | 对 我是 我们都是 连那条狗都是 |
[1:10:36] | …and he’s the downiest one of the lot. | 那狗摸起来舒服到家了 |
[1:10:38] | And the least given to peaching. | 它也从来不会告密 |
[1:10:40] | He wouldn’t so much as bark in a witness box… | 最多只会在证人席上吠两下 |
[1:10:43] | -…for fear of committing himself. -He’s an out-and-out Christian, he is. | -也不敢说主人坏话 -它可是地地道道的基督教徒呢 |
[1:10:47] | Why don’t you put yourself under Fagin, Oliver? | 你为什么要跟着费金 奥立弗 |
[1:10:50] | You’ll make a fortune out of hand. | 否则你会立即发大财的 |
[1:10:52] | Like your old gentleman in Pentonville. Big house, that. | 像本顿维尔的老先生家 就是那个大房子 |
[1:10:56] | I had a peep at it, I did. Nice inside, was it? | 我偷偷看过里面 很漂亮嘛 对吧 |
[1:11:00] | Yes. And I slept in a proper bed. In my own room. | 是的 我还睡过真正的床 有自己的房间 |
[1:11:04] | -Good stuff on the walls, eh? -Yes. Indeed. | -墙上的东西也不错 对吧 -确实是 |
[1:11:08] | Put yourself under Fagin… | 根在费金后面 |
[1:11:10] | …and you’ll be able to retire to a property just like that. | 你就没有那样的好房子啦 |
[1:11:13] | And do the genteel. | 也不能像以前那么风光了 |
[1:11:16] | No, he’s scared he’ll come to be scragged. | 不 他害怕 怕挨绳圈子 |
[1:11:18] | I don’t know what that means. | 我不知道你说什么 |
[1:11:24] | If you don’t take pocket handkerchiefs and watches, Nolly… | 如果你不拿手帕和手表 诺利 |
[1:11:27] | …some other cove will. You have the same right to them as they have. | 还有别的家伙会去拿 你会做的 别人也会做 |
[1:11:30] | To be sure. To be sure. | 当然啦 当然啦 |
[1:11:33] | It all lies in a nutshell, my dear, in a nutshell. | 道理很简单 亲爱的 很简单 |
[1:11:36] | Take the Dodger’s word for it. | 要相信机灵鬼的话 |
[1:11:38] | He understands the catechism of his trade. | 他可是相当懂行的 |
[1:11:52] | Cabby? | 车夫 |
[1:12:14] | -I’ve come from Bill. -For what? | -我从比尔哪儿来 -为什么 |
[1:12:17] | -For no harm. -I don’t believe it. | -反正不是坏事 -我不信 |
[1:12:22] | If I could help you, I would, but I’ve not the power. | 我要是能帮你的话早就帮了 就是没能力 |
[1:12:25] | Now, I’ve promised him you’ll be good and silent. | 我答应过他要让你乖点 安静点 |
[1:12:28] | If you’re not, you’ll only do yourself harm. | 否则 你只会给自己添麻烦 |
[1:12:31] | And me too. | 还给我添麻烦 |
[1:12:43] | Did he come quiet? | 他没闹吧 |
[1:12:45] | Like a lamb. | 像只小羊羔一样乖 |
[1:12:49] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[1:12:56] | And let me read you a lecture. | 我来给你上一课 |
[1:13:05] | You know what this is? | 你知道这是什么吗 |
[1:13:08] | -Yes. -Well, then. | -知道 -好的 |
[1:13:14] | This is powder. | 这是火药 |
[1:13:24] | That here’s a bullet. | 这是子弹 |
[1:13:29] | And this is a little bit of an old hat… | 这是从旧帽子上取下的一小块 |
[1:13:33] | …for wadding. | 用来做弹塞 |
[1:13:41] | -Now it’s loaded. -Yes, I can see it is, sir. | -这样就上好膛了 -是的 我看到了 先生 |
[1:13:46] | If you speak a word when you’re out of doors with me… | 我们出去的时候 除非我要跟你讲话 |
[1:13:49] | …unless I speak to you… | 如果你敢自己说一句话 |
[1:13:51] | …this loading will go in your head without notice. | 这颗子弹就立马钻进你脑袋里 |
[1:13:54] | So if you do make up your mind to speak without leave… | 就是说 如果你决定擅自开口说话 |
[1:13:58] | …says your prayers first. | 那就先把祷告做了吧 |
[1:14:01] | The short and long of what you mean is that if you’re crossed by him… | 让我明说了吧 你就是想说 要是让他搞砸了 |
[1:14:04] | …you’ll prevent him from telling tales after… | 你就会让他脑袋吃一颗子弹 |
[1:14:06] | …by shooting him through the head. | 不让他把事情抖出去 |
[1:14:08] | And you’ll take your chance of swinging for it. | 这样你就碰上好运气 不用被吊死了 |
[1:14:11] | That’s it. Women always put things in the fewest words. | 没错 女人总是三两句话就能把事情说清楚 |
[1:14:15] | Supper, Nancy. | 晚饭 南希 |
[1:14:17] | And then a snooze afore starting. | 动手前打会盹儿 |
[1:14:49] | My pal Bill. | 好哥们 比尔 |
[1:14:51] | The door’s open, come in. | 门没关 进来吧 |
[1:14:56] | Don’t make such a row. | 别嚷那么大声 |
[1:15:02] | Show us a glim, Toby. | 点盏灯 托比 |
[1:15:03] | Barney, a glim. Show the gentleman in. | 巴尼 点灯 带这位先生进来 |
[1:15:07] | Barney? Wake up first, if convenient. | 巴尼 起来啊 帮帮忙 |
[1:15:23] | Mr. Sykes. Come in, sir, come in. | 塞克斯先生 请进 请进 |
[1:15:44] | Bill, my boy. Glad to see you. | 比尔 老兄 很高兴看到你 |
[1:15:49] | Who’s…? | 这是 |
[1:15:51] | -Who’s this? -Only the boy. | -这是谁 -就是那个孩子 |
[1:15:53] | -One of Mr. Fagin’s lads? -Yeah. It’s time. | -费金先生的徒弟 -没错 时候到了 |
[1:15:57] | Right. | 没错 |
[1:16:00] | Barkers for me, Barney. | 拿炮筒子来 巴尼 |
[1:16:10] | -They’re loaded. -Good. | -上了膛的 -好的 |
[1:16:21] | -The persuaders? -Got them. | -你的家伙呢 -拿好了 |
[1:16:28] | Keys, center bits. | 钥匙 钻头 |
[1:16:34] | Darkies. | 黑皮灯 |
[1:16:47] | Nothing forgotten? | 没漏掉什么吧 |
[1:17:00] | Yeah, it’s all quiet. | 好了 没声音了 |
[1:17:52] | I can’t. I can’t. | 不行的 不行的 |
[1:17:55] | You will. | 你得去 |
[1:17:57] | It’s Mr. Brownlow’s house. | 是布朗罗先生的房子 |
[1:18:29] | Have mercy. Don’t make me steal from him. | 求你了 别让我头他家的东西 |
[1:18:31] | -Have mercy on me. -Come here. | -求求你了 -来这儿 |
[1:18:33] | For God’s sake, let me run away and die in the fields. | 看在上帝的份上 让我跑掉 死在田里算了 |
[1:18:36] | -I’ll never come near London, never. -Shut it. | -我再也不到伦敦来了 -闭嘴 |
[1:18:39] | Get up. Or I’ll strew your brains on the grass. | 站起来 否则我让你脑浆溅到草地上去 |
[1:19:24] | I’m putting you through there. | 我把你放进去 |
[1:19:26] | Go to the front door and unfasten it. | 你到前门去 把门开了 |
[1:19:30] | I can’t, there’s a bolt at the top. I know it, I can’t reach it. | 不行 上面有门闩 我知道我够不着 |
[1:19:33] | -Well, stand on a chair or something. -Just do it. | -那就找张椅子什么的站上去 -去啊 |
[1:20:34] | To the door. To the front door, damn you. | 往前门去 往前门走啊 混帐 |
[1:20:39] | Who’s there? | 谁啊 |
[1:20:42] | Mrs. Bedwin? Is that you? | 贝德温太太 是你吗 |
[1:20:59] | Come here. Come here. | 过来 过来 |
[1:21:02] | Save me! Save me! Save me, for God’s sake! | 救我 救我 看在上帝的份上 救我 |
[1:21:15] | Help! | 救命 |
[1:21:18] | Help! Police! | 救命 警察 |
[1:21:30] | Give him here. | 抬上来 |
[1:21:38] | Oh, damnation, how he bleeds. | 该死的 他流了这么多血 |
[1:21:40] | -ls he hit bad? -He’s gotta be hit worse. | -他伤得重吗 -应该让他伤得更重些 |
[1:21:49] | -Give me a pistol. -What? | -把手枪给我 -什么 |
[1:21:52] | We gotta get rid of him, or he’ll squeal. | 我们得灭了他 免得他通风报信 |
[1:21:54] | We gotta do him in. | 我们得干掉他 |
[1:21:57] | Here, here. Down here by the river. | 这 就在河边这 |
[1:22:00] | But, Bill! Bill! | 但是 比尔 比尔 |
[1:22:06] | -Bill? -Help! | -比尔 -救命啊 |
[1:22:08] | Help! Help! | 救命 救命 |
[1:22:12] | -Bill. -Help! | -比尔 -救命 |
[1:22:23] | Snap. | 拍 |
[1:22:26] | Snap. | 拍 |
[1:22:30] | Snap. | 拍 |
[1:22:34] | Snap. | 拍 |
[1:22:38] | Snap. | 拍 |
[1:22:54] | Well, well. | 好吗 |
[1:22:56] | How are you, Fagey? | 你好吗 老费 |
[1:22:59] | Scarce. Scarce! Where’s Bill? | 走开 你们走开 比尔呢 |
[1:23:03] | -He’s– He’s bleeding. -What happened? | -他在流血 -发生什么事了 |
[1:23:05] | All in good time. | 我会马上告诉你 |
[1:23:08] | I can’t talk business till I’ve ate and drank. | 不过我没吃饱喝足是不会谈正事的 |
[1:23:18] | Nancy, I said, scarce. Scarce! | 南希 我说过了 走开 走开 |
[1:23:21] | Where’s Bill? | 比尔哪去了 |
[1:23:23] | Well, produce the sustenance, if you please. | 赶快弄点吃的去 劳你大驾 |
[1:23:25] | Dodger! | 机灵鬼 |
[1:23:27] | Nancy, scarce! | 南希 走开 |
[1:23:35] | -The crack failed. -I smelt that. | -计划泡汤了 -我也猜到了 |
[1:23:38] | For the last time of asking, where’s Bill? | 我最后问这一次 比尔哪里去了 |
[1:23:43] | Dodger. | 机灵鬼 |
[1:23:47] | Put him to bed, give him a nip of gin. | 扶他上床 给他喝口酒 |
[1:23:57] | The boy was about to blow on us, Fagey. | 这小子差点就害死我们啦 老费 |
[1:24:00] | -He was seen. -Seen? | -他被发现了 -发现了 |
[1:24:03] | He was seen? Who saw him? | 他被发现了 谁发现他了 |
[1:24:06] | Two old ones. He shouted out. | 两个老东西 他喊出声来了 |
[1:24:09] | Bill lost his head, fired his pistol…. | 比尔傻掉了 开了枪 |
[1:24:11] | -And hit the boy? -I don’t know. There was two shots. | -打中了这孩子 -不知道 当时开了两枪 |
[1:24:14] | Only one was Bill’s. | 比尔只开了一枪 |
[1:24:16] | We made a run for it. I had ahold of the boy, and Bill fell. | 我们只好逃命 我抱住这孩子 比尔跌倒了 |
[1:24:20] | Fell? Was he hurt? | 跌倒了 他有没有受伤 |
[1:24:22] | No. Last seen, he was swimming to London. | 没有 后来他是游回伦敦的呢 |
[1:24:28] | Bullseye. | 大牛 |
[1:24:33] | I told you not to bring a soul here. | 我跟你说过的 不要带任何人进来 |
[1:24:36] | Now you’ve brought the devil. | 你现在倒把这个魔鬼带来了 |
[1:24:38] | You said to fetch him. | 你叫我带他来的 |
[1:24:40] | His fever is that high, he don’t remember nothing. | 他脑子烧过了头 什么都记不得了 |
[1:24:43] | You’re not well, are you, Bill? How do you feel today? | 你很不舒服 对吗 比尔 今天身体怎么样啊 |
[1:24:47] | I’m as weak as water. | 我身子虚得很呢 |
[1:24:50] | Get us a drink. | 给我们来点喝的 |
[1:24:53] | -What evil wind has blowed you here? -No evil wind, my dear. | -什么破风把你吹到这里来了 -不是什么破风 亲爱的 |
[1:24:58] | You, Bill, you. You said we need to speak. | 是你 比尔 是你说要和我讲话的 |
[1:25:07] | What you done with that boy? Where is he? | 你对那孩子做了什么 他在哪里 |
[1:25:09] | Safe and sound. The Dodger’s minding him. | 他好得很 机灵鬼在看着他 |
[1:25:12] | They’re as close as Cain and Abel. | 他们现在形影不离呢 |
[1:25:19] | What about the boy, Bill? | 那孩子怎么啦 比尔 |
[1:25:24] | We don’t want anyone peaching on us, do we? | 我们不想有谁告发我们 对吗 |
[1:25:27] | And as long as that boy’s alive, we’re as good as hung. | 只要那孩子还活着 我们就是被吊死的命 |
[1:25:30] | So, what’s to be done? | 那应该怎么办 |
[1:25:34] | -Nothing. -Nothing? | -不要动手 -不动手 |
[1:25:37] | -Not till I’m better. -Then what? | -我还没好就不要动手 -然后呢 |
[1:25:40] | -Then I’ll do for him. -How, Bill? Where? | -然后我就了结了他 -怎么了结啊 在哪呢 |
[1:25:44] | Outside of London somewhere. I’ll find a river and I’ll drown him. | 到伦敦郊外找条河把他淹死掉 |
[1:25:47] | The boy’s weak. Bill, he was wounded. | 那孩子现在身子很弱 比尔 他受伤了 |
[1:25:50] | He can hardly stand, let alone walk. | 他连站都站不稳 就不要说走路了 |
[1:25:52] | When he can walk, tell me. I’ll fetch him. | 他什么时候走得动了就告诉我 我去带他走 |
[1:25:57] | Now, get out of here. | 你走吧 |
[1:25:59] | Yes. | 好 |
[1:26:01] | Yes. | 好的 |
[1:26:03] | Bill, you’re right. | 比尔 你说得没错 |
[1:26:10] | It’s for the best. | 我是出于好意啊 |
[1:26:16] | I’m burning up. | 我浑身烧得利害 |
[1:26:18] | Give me me physic. Where’s me physic? | 给我吃点药吧 我的药呢 |
[1:26:22] | You look like a corpse come back to life again. | 你怎么魂不守舍的 |
[1:26:25] | -What’s the matter? -Nothing. | -发生了什么事 -没事 |
[1:26:29] | What do you look at me so hard for? | 你干吗这么狠地瞪着我 |
[1:26:31] | -What you thinking of? -Of many things, Bill. | -你在想什么 -想很多 比尔 |
[1:26:35] | -What odds in that? -I’ll tell you what it is. | -问这个干嘛 -我来告诉你吧 |
[1:26:37] | If you haven’t caught the fever… | 你要不是害了感冒 |
[1:26:39] | …then there’s something more than usual in the wind. | 就是有些不寻常的事情发生了 |
[1:26:42] | And something dangerous too. | 或者是很危险的事 |
[1:26:46] | Give me me physic, I say. | 把药给我 我说 |
[1:26:51] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[1:26:55] | There ain’t a stauncher-hearted girl going… | 没有见过这么犟的女人 |
[1:26:59] | …or I’d have cut her throat three months ago. | 早知道就把她的脖子给割了 |
[1:27:03] | She’s got a fever coming on. That’s it. | 她可能是发烧了吧 就是的 |
[1:27:28] | Here. Make you feel better. | 来 喝了会好些 |
[1:27:38] | Sit aside me. | 坐到这来 |
[1:27:43] | Put on your own face, or I’ll alter it so you won’t know it again. | 拿出你平时的样子来 否则我给你变个样 让你自己都认不出来 |
[1:29:12] | -Wait. -Ma’am. | -等一下 -好的 小姐 |
[1:29:32] | -Yes? -Does Mr. Brownlow live here? | -你好 -布朗罗先生是不是住在这里 |
[1:29:35] | Who are you? What do you want? Go around the back. | 你是谁 你想干什么 你回去吧 |
[1:29:38] | I have information about Oliver Twist. | 我想说说奥立弗·忒斯特的事 |
[1:29:45] | Is he all right? Is he safe? | 他还好吗 他没有危险吧 |
[1:29:48] | -Where is he? -I will only talk to Mr. Brownlow. | -他在哪 -我只跟布朗罗先生说 |
[1:29:52] | He’s not here. | 他不在 |
[1:29:56] | The boy’s innocent, tell him that. | 告诉他 那孩子是无辜的 |
[1:29:59] | -Where is he? -Safe. | -他在哪里 -他很安全 |
[1:30:03] | -But he may not be for long. -Where is he? | -但是不会一直都那样 -他在哪里 |
[1:30:18] | Give Mr. Brownlow a message. | 替我给布朗罗先生留个口信 |
[1:30:20] | Tell him to meet me on Sunday at midnight… | 让他星期天凌晨 |
[1:30:22] | -…on London Bridge. -Midnight? | -到伦敦桥和我碰面 -凌晨 |
[1:30:25] | And if I’m not there… | 如果我不在的话 |
[1:30:26] | …then tell him to come the next night and the next. I’ll be there. Tell him. | 告诉他第二天 第三天晚上再去 我会在的 要告诉他 |
[1:30:37] | There, my dear, you look as good as new. | 看啊 亲爱的 你就像从来没有受过伤一样 |
[1:30:41] | -How do you feel? -Tired, sir. | -你感觉怎样 -累 先生 |
[1:30:45] | Well, yes, yes. | 哦 当然 当然 |
[1:30:46] | It is long after midnight. Shortly, you’ll sleep a good sleep. | 早就过12点了 待会儿你就可以美美得睡一觉了 |
[1:30:50] | But my meaning was… | 可是 我的意思是 |
[1:30:51] | …how do you feel in yourself, Oliver? | 你身子感觉怎样 奥立弗 |
[1:30:54] | Better. Thank you, sir. | 好些了 谢谢你 先生 |
[1:30:56] | -But for the ache in my arm. -Come sit. | -就是手臂还痛 -过来坐 |
[1:31:03] | I have the very thing for such pains as yours, my dear. | 我有好东西可以对付它 亲爱的 |
[1:31:09] | Undo the bandage. | 解开绷带 |
[1:31:21] | Oh, my God. | 噢 天啊 |
[1:31:25] | It’s a nasty wound. | 伤得不轻啊 |
[1:31:29] | But my magic will do the trick. You’ll see, my dear. | 我的妙方会治好它的 看着吧 亲爱的 |
[1:31:33] | This remedy… | 这种药 |
[1:31:35] | …is older than time. Yes… | 是祖传秘方 没错 |
[1:31:37] | …my dear, older than time. | 亲爱的 是祖传秘方 |
[1:31:40] | It was handed down from father to son… | 父亲传给儿子 |
[1:31:43] | …father to son, and comes from… | 父亲传给儿子 来自什么地方 |
[1:31:50] | …who can say where? | 没有谁知道 |
[1:31:55] | Thank you, sir. Thank you. | 谢谢你 先生 谢谢 |
[1:31:59] | For your kindness. I’ll always remember it. | 谢谢你的好意 我永远不会忘记的 |
[1:32:01] | Well…. | 这个 |
[1:32:03] | Well…. | 这个 |
[1:32:06] | Always. | 永远不会 |
[1:32:07] | Yes, always, my dear. | 没错 永远不会 亲爱的 |
[1:32:12] | But who knows how long that will be. | 谁知道那会有多久啊 |
[1:32:44] | An hour this side of midnight. | 离凌晨还有一个钟头 |
[1:32:47] | Dark and heavy it is too. | 这天还很阴沉 |
[1:32:50] | Good night for business, this. | 到此为止吧 晚安了 |
[1:32:53] | What a pity, Bill, my dear, there’s none quite ready to be done. | 真可惜 比尔 亲爱的 我们还没成功过一次呢 |
[1:32:56] | Yeah, for once, you’re right. | 对啊 这回你说对了 |
[1:32:58] | When will the boy be well enough to go on his travels? | 那孩子什么时候才能好起来 走那一段路呢 |
[1:33:01] | -Like I say, Bill. In a day or two. -It’s a pity. | -我说过了 一两天就可以了 -真可惜 |
[1:33:05] | -For I’m in the humor to. -Does me good to hear you. | -我也有这种感觉 -听你这么说我就放心了 |
[1:33:09] | You’re like yourself tonight, Bill. Quite like yourself. | 今晚你像你自己了 比尔 这样才像你自己嘛 |
[1:33:13] | I don’t feel like myself when you lay that withered claw on my shoulder… | 你把这皱巴巴的爪子放在我肩上 我才不像自己呢 |
[1:33:16] | …so take it away. | 给我松开 |
[1:33:27] | Hello, Nance. | 你好 南希 |
[1:33:29] | Where’s the girl going to this time of night? | 这女孩这么晚到哪里去 |
[1:33:31] | -Not far. -What answer’s that? | -不远 -这是什么话 |
[1:33:34] | -Where you going? -I say, not far. | -你到哪里去 -我说了 不远 |
[1:33:37] | -And I say, where? -I don’t know where. | -我问的是哪里 -我不知道哪里 |
[1:33:39] | Then I do, nowhere. Sit down. | 那我知道 哪儿都不要去 坐下 |
[1:33:43] | -I’m not well. I want a breath of air. -Put your head out the window. | -我不舒服 我想透透气 -把脑袋伸到窗外去 |
[1:33:46] | There’s not enough there. I want it in the street. | 那还不够 我想到街上去 |
[1:33:53] | Then you won’t have it. | 那你就哪都不要去 |
[1:34:01] | There. Now, stop quietly where you are, will you? | 现在给我乖乖地呆在这里 行吗 |
[1:34:11] | Do you know what you’re doing? | 你知道你在干什么吗 |
[1:34:14] | Do I know what I’m–? | 我在干什么 |
[1:34:16] | I think this girl’s lost her senses. You talking to me in that way? | 我看你这个女人是疯掉了 敢这样对我说话 |
[1:34:19] | You’ll drive me on to something desperate. | 你要把我逼上绝路了 |
[1:34:21] | Now, let me go, will you? This minute, this instant. | 让我走 行吗 就现在 就这次 |
[1:34:24] | -No! -Tell him to let me go, Fagin. | -休想 -叫他让我走 费金 |
[1:34:27] | It’ll be better for him. Do you hear me? | 这样是为他好 你听见了吗 |
[1:34:32] | Aye, I hear you. | 好 我听见了 |
[1:34:36] | And if I have to listen to you for half a minute longer… | 如果再过半分钟我还听见你嚷嚷 |
[1:34:39] | …the dog will tear some of that screaming voice out! | 那只狗就会让你出不了声 |
[1:34:43] | What’s come over you, you jade? What is it? | 你是怎么啦 你个贱货 怎么回事 |
[1:34:46] | Bill, let me go. | 比尔 让我走吧 |
[1:34:49] | Let me go. You don’t know what you’re doing. | 让我走吧 你不知道自己在干什么 |
[1:34:53] | For only one hour. | 就去一个小时 |
[1:34:54] | Cut my limbs off one by one if I don’t think the girl’s stark raving mad. | 这娘们要是还没疯到头 我就把我的手脚一只一只砍下来 |
[1:34:58] | -Get up. Get up! -No. | -起来 给我起来 -不 |
[1:35:09] | Now, stay there! | 给我呆在里面 |
[1:35:13] | What a precious, strange girl that is. | 这个小娘们真够奇怪 |
[1:35:15] | You may say that, Bill, you may say that. | 你说的没错 比尔 没错 |
[1:35:17] | Why did she take it in her head to go out tonight? | 大晚上的她为什么要出去呢 |
[1:35:20] | Obstinacy. Women’s obstinacy, I suppose, my dear. | 固执 我看她很固执 亲爱的 |
[1:35:23] | I thought I tamed her of that. But she’s as bad as ever. | 我还以为我把她驯乖了 可她还是那个样儿 |
[1:35:29] | I think she’s got a touch of my fever in her blood and it won’t come out. | 我看她是染上我的热病了 还没好呢 |
[1:35:32] | Like enough. | 还真像 |
[1:35:34] | Well, if she’s taken that way again, I’ll let her a little blood. | 如果她再敢那样做 我就给他放放血 |
[1:35:37] | Without troubling the doctor. | 就用不着看医生了 |
[1:35:56] | Why, now she’s on the other tack. | 现在她又变了个花样 |
[1:36:00] | Good night. | 晚安了 |
[1:36:02] | In two days, Bill, come for the boy. | 过两天来找那个孩子把 |
[1:36:08] | Light him down. | 点灯送客 |
[1:36:10] | It’s a pity he should fall and break his neck without anyone seeing it. | 他要是摔倒了没人见着 多可怜啊 |
[1:36:16] | Show him a light. | 给他点盏灯 |
[1:36:27] | What is it, Nancy dear, the reason for all this? | 怎么啦 亲爱的南希 这样闹腾是为什么 |
[1:36:31] | -What do you mean? -That matter just now. | -你说什么 -刚才的事 |
[1:36:33] | We’ll speak of this anon. | 我不会告诉别人 |
[1:36:36] | You have a friend in me, Nance. | 我们俩算是朋友吧 南希 |
[1:36:38] | A staunch friend. You know me of old, Nance. | 老朋友 你早就认识我了 南希 |
[1:36:41] | I know you well. Good night. | 我很了解你 晚安 |
[1:36:49] | Dodge… | 机灵鬼 |
[1:36:50] | …pull it in. | 抽一口 |
[1:36:55] | My glass is full already, can’t you see? | 我的杯子已经满了 你没看到吗 |
[1:37:05] | Trouble? | 麻烦来啦 |
[1:37:10] | Dodger. | 机灵鬼 |
[1:37:15] | -Let’s find out where old Tom is, eh? -He’s in the Ten Bells. | -有没有老汤姆酒啊 -在十钟酒吧呢 |
[1:37:18] | Shall we both take him home? | 我们俩去弄点回家吧 |
[1:37:21] | Honestly… | 老实说 |
[1:37:22] | …I haven’t seen her. | 我没见着她 |
[1:37:26] | Something up? | 什么事 |
[1:37:30] | I…. | 我 |
[1:37:34] | I want you to do a piece of work for me that requires great care and caution. | 我想你帮我一个忙 帮这个忙要很小心 很注意 |
[1:37:40] | What is it? I ain’t going near no police office. | 什么事 不要叫我去警局附近办事 |
[1:37:43] | -That don’t suit me, that don’t. -There’s not the smallest danger in it. | -那不适合我去 -办这件事一点危险也没有 |
[1:37:46] | Not the smallest. I want someone dodged. | 一点都没有 我想你跟跟一个人 |
[1:37:50] | -Who, an old one? -Young one. | -谁 一个老头 -年轻人 |
[1:37:52] | -Who is she? -One of us. | -是谁 -我们的人 |
[1:37:54] | Who? | 谁呀 |
[1:37:56] | Nancy? | 南希 |
[1:37:59] | -What’s she been up to? -Not sure she’s been up to anything… | -她最近怎么啦 -我也不清楚她在干什么 |
[1:38:02] | …my dear, that’s why I want her dodged. | 亲爱的 所以我才叫你跟她啊 |
[1:38:07] | She may want to talk to people she shouldn’t want to talk to. | 她可能想跟人说我们的事 她不能说的 |
[1:38:10] | I want to know where she goes, who she sees, what she says. | 我想知道她去了哪里 见了谁 说了什么 |
[1:38:18] | Nancy. | 南希 |
[1:38:20] | I don’t know. She’s a good one, is Nancy. | 我不知道 她是个好人 南希啊 |
[1:38:22] | A pound, my dear. One whole pound. | 给你一个英镑 亲爱的 实打实一个英镑 |
[1:39:07] | Mr. Brownlow? | 布朗罗先生 |
[1:39:11] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:39:16] | I’m afraid to speak to you here. Come away. Follow me. | 我不敢在这里说 这边走 跟我来 |
[1:39:34] | This is far enough. | 已经够远了 |
[1:39:36] | -Why can’t we speak up there? -I told you, I’m afraid. | -为什么不在这上面说 -我说过了 我害怕 |
[1:39:39] | I may be followed. | 可能有人跟踪我 |
[1:39:46] | I’m here because you told… | 我到这儿来是因为 |
[1:39:47] | …my housekeeper you have information concerning Oliver Twist. | 你告诉我的管家 说你有奥立弗·忒斯特的消息 |
[1:39:50] | -So I have. -Tell me. | -没错 -告诉我吧 |
[1:39:54] | He’s being held by the devil… | 她在一个恶棍手中 |
[1:39:56] | …and he’s handing him over to another what means to…. | 很快要被送到另外一个恶人手上 他想 |
[1:40:01] | I must know more. Is it someone close to you? | 告诉我多一些 他是不是你身边的人 |
[1:40:04] | -One is. One ain’t. -These men, whoever they are… | -一个是 一个不是 -不管这两个人是谁 |
[1:40:08] | -…must be delivered up by you. -Never. | -你都要说出来 -我不会的 |
[1:40:11] | Bad a life as he has led, I’ve led a bad life too, and I will not turn upon him. | 他干尽坏事 我也没什么两样 我不会出卖他的 |
[1:40:16] | The other. | 另外一个 |
[1:40:19] | -Fagin. He has the boy. -Fagin. | -费金 孩子在他手上 -费金 |
[1:40:22] | Find Fagin, you’ll find the boy. | 你要能找到费金 就找到那小孩了 |
[1:40:24] | -Where is he? -Spitalfields. | -他在哪里 -斯皮达菲 |
[1:40:26] | That’s all I’ll say. I’ve said too much. | 我不能再说了 已经说太多了 |
[1:40:30] | No one must never know who told you. | 不要让别人知道是我告诉你的 |
[1:40:32] | -Promise. -I promise. | -答应我 -我答应你 |
[1:40:35] | -Tomorrow I’ll go to the police. -No, you must do it tonight. | -明天我就去警察局 -不 今晚就要去 |
[1:40:39] | Just say Fagin, and the traps will know. | 说费金的名字 那些条子就会知道了 |
[1:40:41] | -The traps? -The police. | -条子 -警察 |
[1:40:44] | -What can I do to serve you? -Nothing. | -你要什么作为酬劳 -什么都不要 |
[1:40:48] | You can do nothing. I am past all hope indeed. | 你帮不了我 我已经完全失望了 |
[1:40:51] | Take this as a reward. | 把这个收下吧 |
[1:40:54] | No, I’ve not done this for money. | 不 我来这里不是为了钱 |
[1:40:57] | God bless you. | 上帝保佑你 |
[1:40:59] | Good night. Good night. | 晚安 晚安 |
[1:41:02] | Never– Never say who told you. | 千万不要说是谁告诉你的 |
[1:41:17] | Look at him. | 你看他 |
[1:41:20] | What a shame it is. With his face… | 多可惜啊 看他那小脸蛋 |
[1:41:22] | …he could pick old ladies’ pockets in church. | 他可以在教堂掏老太太的口袋 |
[1:41:24] | His face could be a fortune to us. | 这小脸蛋能帮我们发财呢 |
[1:41:28] | You changing your mind? | 你改变主意了 |
[1:41:31] | No. | 没有 |
[1:41:33] | No, Bill, it has to be done. | 不 比尔 必须要那样做 |
[1:41:35] | Fagin! Fagin. | 费金 费金 |
[1:41:43] | -What’s got into you, Dodger? -I have to see Fagin alone. | -你怎么啦 机灵鬼 -我得和费金单独说 |
[1:41:46] | No, no, you can speak in front of Bill. | 不不 在比尔面前说没关系 |
[1:41:48] | -No, I can’t. -Yes, you can. Speak, Dodger, tell us. | -不 不行 -可以的 说啊 机灵鬼 说吧 |
[1:41:52] | -Nancy. -What about Nancy? | -是南希 -南希怎么啦 |
[1:41:54] | He done a bit of work for me, Bill. I had him dodge Nancy. | 他帮了我一个小忙 比尔 我让他跟踪了南希 |
[1:41:57] | What do you mean? | 你说什么 |
[1:41:59] | Tell us, Dodger. You followed her? | 告诉我们 机灵鬼 你跟踪了她 |
[1:42:01] | Yes. To London Bridge. | 是的 到了伦敦桥 |
[1:42:03] | And what? What on London Bridge? | 然后呢 在伦敦桥上干什么了 |
[1:42:06] | She met an old one. A gentleman. | 她和一个老东西见了面 是个老先生 |
[1:42:08] | -And…. -And? | -然后 -然后呢 |
[1:42:10] | Speak, will you?! | 你倒是说啊 |
[1:42:13] | She peached. She told him Fagin had Oliver. | 她出出卖了我们 她说了费金和奥立弗的名字 |
[1:42:16] | And the old man was to go to the traps. Now, tonight. | 老头要去找条子 就是今天晚上 |
[1:42:26] | -Let me go. Let me out! -Bill! Bill! A word– | -让我走 让我出去 -比尔 比尔 一句话 |
[1:42:29] | -Don’t speak to me, it’s not safe! -Hear me speak a word! | -别跟我说话 现在不安全 -听我说一句话 |
[1:42:33] | Bill, you won’t be…. | 比尔 你不会 |
[1:42:36] | You won’t be too violent, Bill? | 你不会太过分吧 比尔 |
[1:42:51] | Flit, boys, flit! | 快走 孩子们 快走 |
[1:42:53] | The traps will be at the door afore you can say “Spitalfields.” | 你们还没说出斯皮达菲 那些条子就要来到门口啦 |
[1:42:56] | Flit! Flit! Flit! | 快逃 快逃 快逃 |
[1:42:57] | Flit! | 逃 |
[1:42:59] | Flit! | 逃 |
[1:43:01] | Flit! | 逃 |
[1:43:03] | Flit! | 逃 |
[1:43:06] | Flit! | 逃 |
[1:43:10] | Flit! | 逃 |
[1:43:39] | Come on. | 走 |
[1:44:06] | Oh, it’s you. | 是你啊 |
[1:44:12] | Bill? | 比尔 |
[1:44:14] | What’s the matter? | 什么事 |
[1:44:24] | Bill, why do you look like that at me? | 比尔 为什么这样看着我 |
[1:44:28] | There’s enough light for what I’ve gotta do. | 这点亮光够我办事了 |
[1:44:30] | What–? What have I done? | 我 我做了什么啊 |
[1:44:34] | -Speak to me. -You know. | -告诉我 -你心里明白 |
[1:44:37] | You was watched tonight. | 你今晚被人看到了 |
[1:44:40] | Every word you said was heard. | 你说的每个字都被听到了 |
[1:44:44] | I– I never said your name, Bill. | 我 我没说你的名字 比尔 |
[1:44:47] | Never. | 从来没有 |
[1:44:49] | Never. | 从来没有 |
[1:44:50] | Bill. Bill. Bill! | 比尔 比尔 比尔 |
[1:44:54] | Oh, God. Oh, God, have mercy! | 噢 上帝 噢 上帝啊 饶了我吧 |
[1:45:21] | Nance? | 南希 |
[1:45:27] | Nance? | 南希 |
[1:45:51] | I haven’t done nothing. | 我什么都没有做 |
[1:45:53] | Go on, be off with you. | 走开 走开啊你 |
[1:46:19] | Hello, Fagey. | 你好 老费 |
[1:46:20] | Hello, lads. | 你好啊 孩子们 |
[1:46:24] | What’s the news, Toby? What’s the news? | 有什么消息吗 托比 有没有消息 |
[1:46:27] | I have it here, Fagin. It’s all in The Chronicle. | 我这儿有 费金 都在报纸上了 |
[1:46:30] | You’re in it. Bill’s in it. Oliver’s in it. | 有你的名字 有比尔的 还有奥立弗的 |
[1:46:34] | The Chronicle? | 报纸 |
[1:46:35] | Fancy that. You’re famous, Fagin. | 想想啊 你出名了 费金 |
[1:46:39] | Read it. | 读来听听 |
[1:46:40] | “More information has reached your correspondent… | 发生在斯皮达菲的那宗谋杀案 |
[1:46:42] | …concerning the foul and bestial murder… | 极其邪恶残忍 使所有伦敦市民 |
[1:46:45] | …that took place in Spitalfields and which has shocked and appalled… | 感到震惊和恐惧 关于此案 |
[1:46:49] | …the citizens of London. | 本报记者获得了更多信息 |
[1:46:52] | It is believed that the victim, a young woman… | 据信 受害者是一名年轻女子 |
[1:46:55] | …now identified as Nancy… | 其姓名确认为南希 |
[1:46:58] | …was brutally beaten to death… | 为暴力致死 |
[1:47:01] | …by one William Sykes… | 凶手为威廉·塞克斯 |
[1:47:03] | …a well-known, dangerous villain. | 此人生性残暴 市民早有所闻 |
[1:47:06] | The motive is as yet unclear… | 杀人动机仍未查明 |
[1:47:09] | …but your correspondent has learned that the murdered woman… | 本报记者获悉 |
[1:47:12] | …had informed on her associate… | 受害者曾表示 |
[1:47:14] | …and on an infamous fence, Fagin… | 自己与臭名昭著的费金并无瓜葛 |
[1:47:18] | …who is now wanted for the abduction of a young boy, Oliver Twist. | 后者因诱拐名为奥立弗·忒斯特的儿童 而被警方通缉 |
[1:47:25] | Neither Fagin nor Sykes are presently in custody… | 费金和塞克斯均未归案 |
[1:47:28] | …but the police are engaged in searching for them… | 但警方已着手缉拿行动 |
[1:47:31] | …throughout the city and beyond. | 在城内外搜寻 |
[1:47:34] | Sykes, according to the police… | 据警方称 塞克斯 |
[1:47:36] | …is usually accompanied by a fierce white dog.” | 通常以一条白色烈犬相伴 |
[1:47:44] | How about that, eh? | 怎么样 |
[1:47:58] | Come. Come back here. | 来 回来 |
[1:48:04] | We’re going back to London. | 我们回伦敦去 |
[1:48:08] | I’ll have people to speak to. | 我要跟别人说了 |
[1:48:10] | I’ll force shiners out of Fagin, get to France. | 我要找费金要点钱 再到法国去 |
[1:48:14] | Damn me, we’ll risk it. | 妈的 我们拼了 |
[1:48:20] | Who’s he done in? | 他干了什么事 |
[1:48:24] | -They say– They say it’s a woman. -He’s done in a woman? | -他们说 他们说是个女的 -他害了一个女的 |
[1:48:53] | Bullseye. | 大牛 |
[1:48:56] | Don’t you hear me when I whistle? | 你没听到我吹口哨吗 |
[1:48:59] | You gone deaf or something? | 你聋了吗 |
[1:49:03] | Come here. Come on. | 过来 快 |
[1:49:07] | I ain’t gonna harm you. Come on. Come on, Bullseye. | 我不会害你 过来 过来 大牛 |
[1:49:10] | Come here. | 来这儿 |
[1:49:13] | Stop it! I’m warning you. | 别咬了 我警告你 |
[1:49:16] | Let go, I ain’t playing with you! | 松口 我不是跟你玩 |
[1:49:18] | Let it go, you stinking varmint! | 松口啊 你这臭东西 |
[1:49:21] | Bullseye! | 大牛 |
[1:49:28] | Bullseye. Bullseye. | 大牛 大牛 |
[1:49:31] | Get back here. Get back here. | 回来 回来 |
[1:49:35] | Damn it! | 妈的 |
[1:49:42] | Look, it’s his dog. | 看 这是他的狗 |
[1:49:44] | It’s his dog! | 就是他的狗 |
[1:49:51] | Here, boy. | 过来 孩子 |
[1:49:53] | -Here. -Don’t go near him. | -来这 -别靠近它 |
[1:50:01] | There is a child in danger, lnspector Blathers… | 有个孩子情况很危险 布拉瑟斯检察长 |
[1:50:04] | …but you only seem interested… | 可是你现在好像只对 |
[1:50:06] | …in apprehending this man, William Sykes. | 威廉·塞克斯这个人感兴趣 |
[1:50:08] | Your concern should be… | 你应该多关心一下 |
[1:50:10] | -…for the safety of the boy. -Allow me to say… | -那孩子的安危啊 -让我说句话 |
[1:50:12] | …this is our usual way of doing business. | 我们平时就是这样办事的 |
[1:50:16] | My thinking is this: | 我是这样想的 |
[1:50:18] | If we get Sykes, we get Fagin. | 如果我们逮到了塞克斯 费金就逃不掉了 |
[1:50:21] | -And if we get Fagin– -Look. | -如果我们逮住了费金 -我说 |
[1:50:23] | Sir, we found the dog. | 长官 找到那条狗了 |
[1:50:28] | Are we going to sit here waiting for the traps to find us? | 我们就在这里等着条子来抓吗 |
[1:50:31] | -Shut it. -No, he’s right. | -闭嘴 -不 他说的没错 |
[1:50:35] | We should do another flit. | 我们得再逃远点 |
[1:50:40] | The traps! | 是条子 |
[1:50:57] | What? | 什么 |
[1:50:59] | It’s him. | 是他 |
[1:51:01] | -Don’t let him in. -We must. | -别让他进来 -肯定要 |
[1:51:05] | Go on. | 去啊 |
[1:51:09] | Go on! | 去啊 |
[1:51:17] | Don’t leave us in the dark. | 给我们留点火啊 |
[1:52:16] | Damn you all. | 你们都是混蛋 |
[1:52:18] | Have you nothing to say to me? | 没话跟我说吗 |
[1:52:21] | -Not safe for you to stop here, Bill. -lf it’s safe for you, it’s safe for me. | -你到这里来太不安全了 比尔 -对你不安全 对我安全 |
[1:52:30] | Is it…? | 那个 |
[1:52:33] | The body, is it buried? | 尸体埋了吗 |
[1:52:43] | Dodger, let him in quick. | 机灵鬼 快让他进来 |
[1:52:48] | Dodger. | 机灵鬼 |
[1:52:50] | Do as I say. | 照我说的做 |
[1:52:56] | Don’t come near me, you monster. | 别靠近我 你这个怪物 |
[1:53:02] | You’re my witnesses. I’m not afraid of him. | 你们都在这作证 我不怕他 |
[1:53:05] | And if they come here after him, I’ll give him up. | 如果他们来要人 我不会保他 |
[1:53:08] | I’ll tell them you’re here. | 我会告诉他们你在这里 |
[1:53:11] | He may kill me if he likes, but if I’m here, I’ll give him up. | 他要杀我随他便 但是 只要我在这 我就会告发他 |
[1:53:14] | If he was to be boiled alive, so I would. | 就算他被活活烫死 我也要告发 |
[1:53:17] | Why, you little– | 你这个小 |
[1:53:20] | Get off me! | 放开我 |
[1:53:22] | Or I’ll tear you limb from limb! | 看我把你撕开几块 |
[1:53:30] | Help, he’s here! | 救命 他在这里 |
[1:53:31] | -He’s here. Break down the door! -Up at the window! | -他在这里 把门撞开 -在上面的窗边 |
[1:53:34] | Help! Come up, please! | 救命 上来啊 求求你们 |
[1:53:38] | -That’s Bill Sykes! -Damn you all! | -那个就是比尔·塞克斯 -滚你们的 |
[1:53:41] | Do your worst. I’ll cheat you yet! | 随你们怎么办 我还是不服输 |
[1:53:54] | No! Bill, no. He’s our bargaining tool. | 不 比尔 不要 我们留着他还有用 |
[1:53:58] | Not yours, Fagin. Mine. | 不是你的 费金 是我的 |
[1:54:03] | Bill! | 比尔 |
[1:54:16] | Don’t fire. | 别开枪 |
[1:54:19] | -Don’t fire. -Hold your fire, men. | -别开枪 -不要开枪 伙计们 |
[1:54:21] | -Hold your fire. -I’ll let the boy go. | -别开枪 -放开那孩子 |
[1:54:23] | I’ll let him drop. | 我会让他掉下去 |
[1:54:25] | Don’t try nothing, or I’ll let him go! | 不要乱来 否则我松手了 |
[1:54:32] | Get up there. | 上来 |
[1:54:34] | Cross, cross. | 过去 过去 |
[1:54:39] | Up there. Up there. | 上去 上去 |
[1:54:47] | Grab hold of there. Grab hold of it. | 抓住那里 抓住 |
[1:55:00] | We must give chase, sir. | 长官 我们追吧 |
[1:55:14] | Get down. | 下来 |
[1:55:20] | They’re getting away! | 他们要逃了 |
[1:55:21] | There, there. There he is! | 在那儿 在那儿 |
[1:55:24] | Get him! Get him! | 抓住他 抓住他 |
[1:55:26] | Damn it! | 妈的 |
[1:56:01] | Grab it. | 抓住 |
[1:56:03] | Grab it! | 抓住 |
[1:57:24] | Oliver? | 奥立弗 |
[1:57:27] | Oliver! | 奥立弗 |
[1:57:31] | Oliver! | 奥立弗 |
[1:57:38] | -Here he is, sir. -Come along, my boy. | -他在这 先生 -过来 孩子 |
[1:57:41] | Mr. Grimwig has something to say to you. | 格林维格先生有话要跟你说 |
[1:57:46] | Do the honors, Mrs. Bedwin. | 招呼一下 贝德温太太 |
[1:57:47] | Now then, young man, I confess I misjudged you. | 现在 孩子 我承认错怪你了 |
[1:57:52] | Truth to tell, I feared your benefactor would make me eat my head. | 说真的 我还怕你的恩人要我吃掉我的头呢 |
[1:57:58] | But he’s a good friend and has pardoned me. | 不过他是我的好朋友 他原谅了我 |
[1:58:01] | -And one for Oliver. -Thank you, sir. | -这个给你 奥立弗 -谢谢 先生 |
[1:58:04] | -So– -And you too, Mrs. Bedwin. | -那么 -你也来一杯 贝德温太太 |
[1:58:06] | -I don’t know as I should, sir. -You must. | -我不知道是否规矩 先生 -你一定要喝 |
[1:58:08] | So I’ll take the liberty, if you’ll allow me, to salute you. | 请允许我借此机会敬你一杯 |
[1:58:13] | -To Sam Waters. -Oliver Twist. | -萨姆·沃特斯 -是奥立弗·忒斯特 |
[1:58:16] | Oliver Twist. To Oliver Twist. | 对 奥立弗·忒斯特 敬奥立弗·忒斯特 |
[1:58:20] | Yes. | 对 |
[1:58:25] | Why, Oliver. My child, what’s the matter? | 怎么啦 奥立弗 孩子 怎么啦 |
[1:58:30] | Why are you so sad? | 为什么那么难过 |
[1:58:59] | Are you certain, Oliver, you wish to go through with this? | 你确定要这样做吗 |
[1:59:02] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[1:59:04] | Certain. | 我确定 |
[1:59:11] | Yes? | 谁 |
[1:59:58] | Is the young gentleman to come too, sir? | 这位小先生也一起来吗 |
[2:00:02] | It’s not a sight for children, sir. | 这里不适合小孩子看 先生 |
[2:00:04] | It is not indeed, my friend. But this child has seen this man… | 当然不适合 朋友 但是这个小孩 |
[2:00:08] | …in the full career of his success and villainy. | 见过那个人的起起落落 |
[2:00:10] | And it is his wish, even at the cost of some pain and fear… | 这也是他的愿望 就算会留下痛苦和恐惧 |
[2:00:14] | …that he should see him now. | 他也要看看他 |
[2:00:49] | Eighteen. | 十八 |
[2:01:06] | Hey! | 喂 |
[2:01:12] | Good boy. | 好孩子 |
[2:01:13] | Good boy, Charley. | 好孩子 查理 |
[2:01:15] | Well done. | 做得好 |
[2:01:25] | Good boy, Charley, well done. Well done. | 好样儿的 查理 做得好 做得好 |
[2:01:28] | -Take the boy away to bed. -Don’t be frightened. | -带着孩子去睡吧 -不要害怕 |
[2:01:31] | Fagin. | 费金 |
[2:01:33] | That’s me. An old man, my lord. | 我是 我就是这个老头 大人 |
[2:01:35] | A– A very old– Old man. | 糟 糟老头 |
[2:01:38] | Someone here wants to see you. | 有人想看看你 |
[2:01:40] | -Strike! Strike them all dead! -Easy. | -打啊 打死他们 -别害怕 |
[2:01:42] | What right have they to butcher me? | 为什么他们可以宰掉我 |
[2:01:44] | Speak to him now. Quick, if you please. | 跟他说吧 请你快些 |
[2:01:46] | For he grows worse as the time goes on. | 因为他越来越不行了 |
[2:01:50] | Fagin, you were kind to me. | 费金 你对我很好 |
[2:01:53] | Yes, yes. | 是的 是的 |
[2:01:55] | I’ll be kind again. | 我以后还会好 |
[2:01:57] | I’ll be kind again. | 我以后还会好 |
[2:01:59] | I’ll be kind again. | 我以后还会好 |
[2:02:06] | -I’m not afraid. -Oliver! | -我不怕 -奥立弗 |
[2:02:14] | Let– Let me whisper to you. | 我 想和你说句悄悄话 |
[2:02:20] | You remember the box, Oliver? | 你记得那个箱子吗 奥立弗 |
[2:02:22] | With my pretty things for my old age, Oliver? | 装满了老头子的好东西 奥立弗 |
[2:02:26] | It’s hid a little way up the chimney in the top front room. | 我把它藏在前厅的烟囱上了 |
[2:02:29] | It’s yours, Oliver. | 留给你 奥立弗 |
[2:02:31] | -Yours, but we must talk. -Yes, yes. | -你的 但是我们要说说话 -是的 是的 |
[2:02:35] | But shall we say a prayer together first? | 我们先祷告一下好吗 |
[2:02:37] | Do. | 请你 |
[2:02:39] | Say only one, upon your knees, with me… | 就做一次 和我一起跪下来 |
[2:02:43] | …and we can talk all morning. | 做完我们谈一个早上都行 |
[2:02:46] | Outside. Outside. | 出去 出去 |
[2:02:48] | You can say I’ve gone to sleep. They’ll believe you. | 你可以说我睡着了 他们会相信你的 |
[2:02:51] | You can get me out. The pretty things are yours, my dear, yours. | 你把我弄出去 那些好东西都是你的 亲爱的 全是你的 |
[2:02:55] | -Oh, God, forgive this wretched man. -That’s right, that’s right. | -噢 上帝啊 饶恕这个可怜的人吧 -没错 没错 |
[2:02:59] | That will help us on. | 这样对我们有好处 |
[2:03:01] | If– If– If– If l… | 如果 如果 如果 我 |
[2:03:05] | …shake and tremble as we pass the gallows, don’t– Don’t– | 上绞刑架的时候摇摇晃晃 |
[2:03:10] | Don’t you mind, hurry on. Now, now, now. | 你 你别介意 快点走 快 快 快 |
[2:03:14] | -Have you more to say to him, sir? -Nothing more. | -你还有什么对他说吗 -没有了 |
[2:03:17] | -You’d better leave him. -Press on, press on, press on. | -你最好别管他 -快点 快点 快点 |
[2:03:20] | Press on, press on. | 快点 快点 |
[2:03:22] | Softly. Softly. No, no! | 轻点 轻点 不 不要 |
[2:03:25] | It hurts! | 好痛 |
[2:03:26] | Faster, faster! | 快点 快点 |
[2:03:29] | Faster, faster! | 快点 快点 |
[2:03:31] | Faster, faster, faster, faster! | 快点 快点 快点 快点 |
[2:05:07] | THE END | 剧终 |