时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:19] | So you were in the case back then? | 这么说你当时参与过那件案子 |
[00:22] | Yeah, the chief of detectives put together a task force. | 对 警长集结了一支专案组 |
[00:25] | There were over a dozen detectives temporarily assigned. | 有十几位警探临时受命 |
[00:28] | I was one of them. | 我是其中一员 |
[00:30] | Tommy was eight years old when he disappeared. | 汤米失踪时八岁 |
[00:34] | Been begging his parents for a long time | 一直求父母 |
[00:36] | to let him walk the dog by himself. | 让他自己单独去遛狗 |
[00:38] | They finally gave in. | 他们最终答应了 |
[00:49] | That was his house. | 他们家以前就住这里 |
[00:57] | Okay, don’t talk to anyone you don’t know. | 别跟陌生人说话 |
[00:59] | Straight to the park and straight back, | 到了公园直接回家 路上别停留 |
[01:00] | and as soon as Leo is done doing his business, | 里奥拉完粑粑 |
[01:02] | you come right home, you understand? | 就赶紧回来 知道了吗 |
[01:05] | Tommy, are you listening? | 汤米 听到没有 |
[01:07] | Yes, Mom. I won’t talk to strangers | 听到了 妈妈 我不会跟陌生人说话 |
[01:09] | and I’ll come right back when Leo’s done. | 里奥拉完粑粑我就马上回来 |
[01:10] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[01:12] | Love you. | 爱你 |
[01:13] | Tommy, make sure you use the crosswalks. | 汤米 一定要走人行横道 |
[01:14] | Love you. | 爱你 |
[01:17] | That was the last time they saw him. | 那是他们见他的最后一面 |
[01:21] | They promised each other they’d never move. | 他们曾对彼此承诺永不搬家 |
[01:24] | They believe his soul is still with them in the house. | 他们相信他的灵魂还在房子里陪着他们 |
[01:42] | The owner of this store saw Tommy right after he left the house. | 汤米刚一出家门 这家店主就看到了他 |
[01:46] | He gave him a quarter | 他给了他25美分 |
[01:48] | to buy a lollipop in that candy store down the street. | 让他去街上的糖果店买根棒棒糖 |
[01:53] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[01:57] | The clerk in the candy store remembered Tommy coming in | 糖果店的店员记得汤米进来 |
[01:59] | to buy the lollipop. | 买了根棒棒糖 |
[02:01] | So an eight-year-old boy | 一个八岁男孩 |
[02:02] | goes missing in a tight-knit neighborhood like this. | 在邻里关系如此亲密的小区走丢 |
[02:05] | There had to have been dozens of tips. | 肯定会留下不少线索 |
[02:07] | Hundreds. | 数不胜数 |
[02:08] | Did any of them pan out? | 有查出结果的吗 |
[02:10] | It always came back to Keith Milner. | 所有线索最后都指向基斯·米尔诺 |
[02:13] | He lived up there. | 他曾住在那里 |
[02:15] | He was 17 at the time, real bad seed. | 他当时17岁 是个社会渣滓 |
[02:17] | Whenever he wasn’t terrorizing the neighborhood, | 平时不是恐吓邻居 |
[02:20] | he sat on that fire escape smoking dope. | 就是坐在那个防火梯上抽大麻 |
[02:24] | See that guy right there? | 看到那个家伙了吗 |
[02:26] | He’s the last person to see Tommy alive. | 他是最后一个看到汤米活着的人 |
[02:38] | The whole precinct was out looking for Tommy. | 当时整个分局全部出动搜寻汤米 |
[02:41] | Four hours later | 四小时后 |
[02:43] | unis found Milner in the park, | 警员在公园找到米尔诺 |
[02:45] | high on angel dust, holding Tommy’s puppy, | 磕天使粉磕嗨了 抱着汤米的小狗 |
[02:48] | and he had Tommy’s blood on his jacket. | 外套上还有汤米的血迹 |
[02:51] | So, did Milner ever make a statement? | 那米尔诺做过陈述吗 |
[02:53] | By the time the angel dust wore off | 等天使粉的药劲下去 |
[02:56] | and he was coherent enough to talk, | 他思路足够清晰可以讲话的时候 |
[02:58] | his parents were at the precinct with a lawyer. | 他父母带着律师出现在分局 |
[03:01] | Without a statement, a body, or a witness, | 没有陈述 尸体或目击证人 |
[03:04] | we never had enough to charge him. | 我们没法给他定罪 |
[03:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:07] | So, where’d Milner go after that? | 那米尔诺后来去了哪里 |
[03:09] | There were a lot of angry people around here. | 这附近有很多人对他怀恨在心 |
[03:12] | Death threats against Keith and his family. | 不少人对基斯和他家人做过死亡威胁 |
[03:14] | They were eventually forced to move away. | 他们最终被迫搬走了 |
[03:18] | Looks like someone welcomed him back to the neighborhood. | 看来有人为他重回故地举办了欢迎仪式 |
[04:23] | Somebody threw him a beating before cutting his throat. | 凶手在割喉之前揍了他一顿 |
[04:26] | Still has his wallet and jewelry. | 钱包和首饰还在身上 |
[04:28] | Keith Milner, | 基斯·米尔诺 |
[04:29] | the only suspect in the disappearance of Tommy Lewis, | 汤米·路易斯失踪案唯一的嫌疑人 |
[04:32] | is found dead in the park a block away from | 在男孩失踪整整20年后 |
[04:35] | where the kid vanished exactly 20 years ago today. | 死于离他失踪地仅一个街区之遥的公园 |
[04:38] | My guess is, this about payback, not a payday. | 据我猜测 这是仇杀 并非图财害命 |
[04:41] | I’m sure there’s still a lot of people | 我敢肯定这个社区里 |
[04:42] | in this neighborhood who’d love to see him dead. | 还是有不少人希望他死 |
[04:44] | Probably most of all Tommy’s parents. | 尤其是汤米的父母 |
[04:46] | I’m curious to hear how they’d take the news of his murder. | 我想知道他们听说他被杀后会是什么反应 |
[04:49] | That’s if it’s news to them at all. | 这得是他们对此并不知情才行 |
[05:46] | Come and get it, sweetie. | 过来吃早餐吧 宝贝 |
[05:54] | There you are, sleepyhead. | 吃吧 贪睡鬼 |
[06:09] | Grace. | 谢恩祷告 |
[07:04] | Come on, come on! | 加油 加油 |
[07:11] | Don’t let that chump off easy, man! | 别轻易饶了那小子 哥们 |
[07:15] | Oh, yeah, work it! | 没错 加把劲 |
[07:20] | That-a-boy, Flack. | 这就对了 弗莱克 |
[07:21] | All right… good work. | 好样的 |
[07:27] | You hit me so hard with that right hand, | 你右拳下手那么狠 |
[07:29] | I was gonna call your parole officer and have you violated. | 我差点给你的假释官打电话告你违规 |
[07:32] | – That’s why I let up at the end. – Come on. | -所以我最后才放了水 -得了吧 |
[07:35] | You beat me up the whole fight, | 你整局比赛都对我一通猛打 |
[07:36] | but I got you fair and square right there. | 而我对你出拳却中规中矩 |
[07:38] | Seriously, man, you’ve come a long way. | 说真的 哥们 你进步很大 |
[07:40] | Three months ago, that punch would’ve put you on your ass. | 三个月前 那一拳能直接把你放倒在地 |
[07:42] | You’re learning to relax in the ring, keep your composure. | 你学会了在拳击场里放松心态 保持镇定 |
[07:44] | You’re just saying nice things to keep me coming back, | 你说好话让我回来 |
[07:46] | because you like getting paid to hit a cop. | 是因为你喜欢收钱去揍警察 |
[07:48] | Hey, you know I love you, Flack. | 你知道我爱你的 弗莱克 |
[07:49] | I know you love hitting me. | 我知道你爱打我 |
[07:50] | – See you next week same time? – Yes, sir. | -下周的这个时候见了 -遵命 |
[07:52] | All right. | 好的 |
[08:02] | Hey, baby. | 喂 宝贝 |
[08:03] | Last night was amazing– I can’t stop thinking about you. | 昨晚真是太爽了 我一直在想你 |
[08:05] | You were incredible. | 你太棒了 |
[08:07] | Grandma? | 奶奶 |
[08:09] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[08:11] | Yes, I knew it was you. | 是 我知道是你 |
[08:14] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[08:15] | What? | 什么 |
[08:16] | Yeah, today’s my day off. | 对 我今天休假 |
[08:18] | Anything for you. What do you need? | 乐意效劳 需要我做什么 |
[08:39] | Sid. | 希德 |
[08:42] | Jo. You know, there have been | 乔 知道吗 这些年 |
[08:43] | a number of times over the years when unidentified remains | 有好多次 如果推进停尸房的 |
[08:47] | of a male child about Tommy Lewis’ age | 是和汤米·路易斯同龄的 |
[08:49] | have come through this morgue, | 男孩子尸体的话 |
[08:51] | and each time, we did the DNA comparison to a sample | 每次我们都会用汤米的父母基因样本 |
[08:55] | provided by Tommy’s parents, | 进行匹配实验 |
[08:56] | hoping we’d be able to give them some closure. | 希望能让他们心中能做个了结 |
[08:59] | And now, | 而现在 |
[09:00] | lying dead on this table is possibly the one man who knew | 实验台上躺着的这个人可能就是唯一 |
[09:04] | the fate of that child. | 知道孩子失踪真相的人了 |
[09:07] | What can you tell me about Keith Milner’s murder? | 你能从基斯·米尔诺的死上得到什么结论 |
[09:10] | He was very healthy and well nourished. | 他很健康 营养良好 |
[09:13] | No signs of recent or chronic drug abuse or disease. | 没有短期或长期滥用毒品以及生病的迹象 |
[09:17] | That’s surprising. From all the reports I read, | 这很奇怪 我读过的所有报告中 |
[09:20] | Milner had quite the drug problem back when Tommy went missing. | 米尔诺在汤米失踪的时候毒瘾很严重 |
[09:23] | He appears to have kicked the habit. | 看来他是戒了 |
[09:25] | The mortal wound to the neck is a shallow laceration | 在脖子上的致命伤是完全切坏 |
[09:28] | that completely dissected the jugular vein. | 颈静脉的表皮裂伤 |
[09:31] | The blade was short, sharp and narrow. | 刀刃很短 但很锋利 刀刃很窄 |
[09:34] | Sounds like a straight razor, some kind of box cutter? | 听上去像刀片 是某种美工刀吗 |
[09:36] | Whatever the instrument, | 不管凶器是什么 |
[09:38] | it looks like this substance | 看上去像是凶器 |
[09:41] | was transferred from the blade into the wound tract. | 的刀刃造成了这条伤道 |
[09:45] | Single slash wound. | 一条线形的伤口 |
[09:46] | Whoever did this went right for the kill. | 这个人如此下手就是冲着杀人去的 |
[09:48] | And it wasn’t the first time Mr. Milner was attacked last night. | 而且这不是昨晚米尔诺先生第一次遇袭 |
[09:52] | The discoloration under the epidermis | 眼眶骨周围 |
[09:54] | around the orbital bones | 表皮下的瘀血 |
[09:55] | and clotting around the wound above the eye tell me… | 还有在眼睛上的血块表明… |
[09:59] | he suffered these injuries | 他在被杀之前 |
[10:01] | at least a couple of hours before he was murdered. | 的至少两三个小时内受到这些伤 |
[10:04] | Take a look here. | 看这里 |
[10:05] | I was surprised at the absence | 胳膊和手上没有 |
[10:07] | of typical defensive wounds on the arms and hands. | 常见的因自卫所受的伤倒是令我惊讶 |
[10:11] | He didn’t put up much of a fight. | 他并没有过多的打斗 |
[10:13] | So the question is: | 所以问题是 |
[10:15] | did the person that attacked Milner earlier | 是早些时候袭击米尔诺的人 |
[10:17] | go back and finish the job, | 又回来把他杀了 |
[10:19] | or did he run into someone else? | 还是他又去找别人了 |
[10:24] | Milner hasn’t had so much as a parking ticket in the last 20 years. | 米尔诺在过去二十年连违章停车都没有过 |
[10:27] | How is it possible that a guy who murdered an eight-year-old boy | 这个涉嫌杀害八岁男孩的人 |
[10:30] | turns into this model citizen? | 怎么成了模范市民了 |
[10:32] | All right. | 好吧 |
[10:33] | Maybe Milner wasn’t the guy that everyone thought he was. | 可能米尔诺不是大家想象中的那样 |
[10:37] | What do you mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[10:38] | There were a lot of bosses and experienced detectives | 好多长官和有经验的警探当年调查此案时 |
[10:40] | calling the shots on that case. | 更有发言权 |
[10:42] | No one was very interested in the… | 而我当年很年轻 |
[10:44] | opinion of a young detective. | 位低言轻 |
[10:47] | It always bothered me that | 始终困扰我的问题是 |
[10:49] | he was the only suspect from day one. | 他一直就是唯一的嫌犯 |
[10:51] | He was the perfect guy for them. | 警探们都认为他是唯一人选 |
[10:53] | Everything fit. It did, though, right? | 然而一切也都与事实吻合对吗 |
[10:55] | I mean, I looked over the reports | 我是说 我看了 |
[10:57] | of the original missing persons case. | 最开始人口失踪的卷宗 |
[10:59] | I mean, Milner was no angel– assault, burglary. | 米尔诺不是好人 打架 抢劫 |
[11:01] | He had over a dozen arrests before Tommy disappeared. | 在汤米失踪前就被拘捕十好几次了 |
[11:04] | And not for nothing, Mac. | 而且不是空穴来风 麦克 |
[11:05] | Milner had Tommy’s blood on his jacket | 在警察发现米尔诺时 |
[11:08] | when the cops found him. | 他外衣上有汤米的血 |
[11:09] | Yeah, but Tommy’s blood was also on the puppy, | 没错 可那小狗身上也有汤米的血 |
[11:11] | and it was never determined whether the blood | 然而究竟血是狗从衣服上沾到的 |
[11:13] | was transferred from the jacket to the dog | 还是狗身上的血沾到衣服上了 |
[11:15] | or the dog to the jacket. | 至今也没有定论 |
[11:17] | All right, well, if he didn’t kill Tommy, who did? | 好吧 如果不是他杀的汤米 那会是谁 |
[11:21] | Lewises are in the wind. | 路易斯夫妇失踪了 |
[11:22] | Neighbors say their car has been gone | 邻居们说他们的车 |
[11:24] | since early this morning. | 今早上不见了 |
[11:25] | Mr. Lewis works at a print shop | 路易斯先生在小区里 |
[11:27] | overnight in the neighborhood. | 的印刷室上夜班 |
[11:28] | Took his lunch break at 2:00 a.M. And never came back. | 在凌晨两点去吃饭 然后就再没回来 |
[11:31] | Lovato’s out looking for him. | 洛瓦托出去找他了 |
[11:33] | I mean, you think Tommy’s father | 你认为汤米的父亲 |
[11:34] | might have actually killed Milner himself? | 有可能亲手杀了米尔诺吗 |
[11:36] | Milner shows up in the neighborhood | 米尔诺在他孩子去世的二十周年 |
[11:37] | at the 20th anniversary of his kid’s death. | 这天在小区里出现了 |
[11:40] | Certainly has motive. | 动机明显 |
[11:42] | Well, motive is fine, but, | 好吧 不管动机如何 可是 |
[11:43] | until we’re done analyzing the evidence, | 在分析取证之前 |
[11:45] | we’ve got nothing to go at them with. | 我们什么结论也得不到 |
[11:50] | Danny, do you mind giving us a minute? | 丹尼 介意我们单独说话吗 |
[11:51] | No, sure. | 当然不介意 |
[11:57] | What’s on your mind? | 你想说什么 |
[11:59] | I’m not quite sure how to say this, | 我不知道该怎么说 |
[12:01] | and I might be overstepping my bounds. | 而且我可能有点多事 |
[12:03] | But you’re gonna say it anyway. | 但你还是要说的吧 |
[12:05] | I am. | 没错 |
[12:06] | You’ve been back to work for over a month. | 你回来工作一个多月了 |
[12:09] | And I’ve been going through Leonard Brooks’ arson case, | 我正准备莱纳德·布鲁克斯的案子 |
[12:11] | prepping for court. | 准备上法庭 |
[12:13] | There were 200 reports in that folder, | 在文件夹中有200份报告 |
[12:15] | and not one of ’em has been written by you. | 但没有一份是你写的 |
[12:17] | And every court date you’ve had, | 每个需要你出庭的日子 |
[12:19] | you’ve had someone else take your notes and testify. | 你都让别人带着你的笔记作证 |
[12:23] | That’s just not like you, Mac. What’s going on? | 这不像你的作风 麦克 发生了什么事 |
[12:26] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[12:27] | You’re overstepping your bounds. | 你确实多事了 |
[12:31] | Mac, if something’s wrong… | 麦克 如果有什么问题… |
[12:34] | Nothing’s wrong. | 没什么问题 |
[12:36] | Just doing what I should have been doing all along. | 我只是在做一直以来该做的事 |
[12:38] | I’m delegating. | 委派任务 |
[12:40] | That’s what bosses do. | 头儿一般都这样 |
[12:43] | I’m just used to you leading from the front. | 我比较习惯你在前线指挥 |
[12:46] | I’m wondering if… | 我在想是不是… |
[12:47] | Stop wondering. I’m fine. | 别想了 我没事 |
[12:50] | Anything else? | 还有事吗 |
[12:51] | No. | 不 |
[12:53] | Nothing. | 没了 |
[12:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:00] | You know… | 告诉你一点 |
[13:03] | I might be a bit quirky, | 我可能行事有点古怪 |
[13:05] | I may not be as organized as I would like, | 做事随性 没什么条理 |
[13:07] | but don’t let that fool you. | 但别让那迷惑了你 |
[13:09] | I’m incredibly perceptive. | 我拥有出色的洞察能力 |
[13:16] | Turn the water on. | 打开水龙头 |
[13:26] | This… is a mystery. | 这 可真奇怪 |
[13:29] | All your connections are tight, | 水管都焊得很牢 |
[13:30] | nothing’s leaking. | 没有漏水 |
[13:32] | So… | 那么 |
[13:33] | how do you think this water got in the bucket | 你为什么认为放在水槽下的桶里 |
[13:35] | that you put under the sink because you supposedly had a leak? | 有积水可能是因为它漏了呢 |
[13:38] | You’re the detective. You figure it out. | 你不是警探吗 你来查清楚 |
[13:40] | Doesn’t take Sherlock Holmes to figure this one out. | 你这就是杀鸡用牛刀了 |
[13:42] | Uh-huh. I need you to open the pickles. | 帮我把咸菜打开 |
[13:44] | – What? – The pickles. | -什么 -咸菜 |
[13:46] | I can’t open ’em. I need you to loosen the top. | 我开不了 你帮我把盖子拧松 |
[13:48] | You’re the only one who lives here, right? | 这里只有你一个人住 对吗 |
[13:50] | You opened the jar. | 你开过这罐子 |
[13:50] | How is it you can’t close it– are you stronger than yourself? | 怎么会打不开呢 力气比以前大了吗 |
[13:53] | Sometimes. | 有时候 |
[13:54] | I love you, Gram. | 我爱你 奶奶 |
[14:02] | You here for the mystery leak? | 你也为神秘的漏水而来吗 |
[14:03] | Yeah, and to open some jars. | 是的 还有来开罐子 |
[14:05] | – I got you. – What are you doing here? | -知道了 -你来这里干什么 |
[14:07] | Don’t you play senile with me. You called me. | 别装年老失忆 是你打给我的 |
[14:11] | And you set the table for three. | 你还在桌上备了三份餐具 |
[14:14] | Hey! Don’t do that. | 住手 别那么做 |
[14:16] | See, they’re hot. See? | 它们很烫 瞧见没 |
[14:18] | The two of you are so bad. | 你们两个太坏了 |
[14:20] | Are you gonna eat now when we sit down to the table? | 等坐到餐桌边 你们还准备吃吗 |
[14:22] | I’ll eat your meatballs four times over. | 我会再吃很多你做的肉丸 |
[14:24] | Grandma makes the best meatballs. | 奶奶做的肉丸最好吃了 |
[14:28] | – Get away from me. Get away from me. – Grandma. | -离我远点 远点 -奶奶 |
[14:30] | – Can I have another one? – You smart aleck. No! | -我能再拿一个吗 -自作聪明 不行 |
[14:34] | We got an alarm on Lewis’ cars. | 我们对路易斯家的车辆设了警报 |
[14:35] | Uniforms posted outside the house and both their jobs, | 警员已部署在他们家外面和各自的公司外 |
[14:38] | teams canvassing the hood. | 各小分队在盘查小区 |
[14:39] | Tell the boss we got everything covered. | 告诉头儿 一切尽在掌握 |
[14:44] | Mrs. Lewis. | 路易斯夫人 |
[14:47] | Are- are you the one who’s looking for me? | 是你在找我吗 |
[14:49] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:51] | Hey, hey. Relax. | 放轻松 |
[14:54] | Tell me what’s wrong. | 告诉我发生了什么事 |
[14:56] | I… | 我 |
[14:58] | I think that my husband has done something terrible. | 我想我丈夫做了一些可怕的事 |
[15:05] | I think that he killed Keith Milner. | 我想他杀了基斯·米尔诺 |
[15:16] | Baby. | 亲爱的 |
[15:17] | Are you there? Baby? | 你在吗 亲爱的 |
[15:19] | I saw Milner. | 我看见米尔诺了 |
[15:21] | I saw that son of a bitch… | 我在酒馆里看见了 |
[15:23] | at the tavern. | 那个畜生 |
[15:25] | Why? Why? Why? | 为什么 为什么 |
[15:31] | He just walked in… | 他就这么走进来 |
[15:33] | and he sat down. | 坐下 |
[15:36] | Like it was nothing. | 像没事发生过 |
[15:38] | And then it cut off. | 然后就挂断了 |
[15:40] | I kept trying to call him back, but, uh, | 我一直试着给他回电 但 |
[15:42] | his phone just kept going to voice mail. | 他的电话一直转到语音信箱 |
[15:44] | I’ve been driving around for hours looking for him. | 我开车兜了好几个小时在找他 |
[15:47] | Last night, | 昨晚 |
[15:49] | he was drinking before he went to work. | 上班前 他就在喝酒 |
[15:51] | He was really upset. | 他当时很心烦 |
[15:54] | I’m afraid… Do you think that he might have… | 我怕… 他会不会已经… |
[15:56] | Mrs. Lewis, don’t do this to yourself. | 路易斯夫人 先别吓自己 |
[15:57] | Just, just relax right now. | 现在请放轻松 |
[15:59] | There’s a lot of people that are trying | 这里有很多人想 |
[16:00] | to find out what happened. | 找出事情的真相 |
[16:01] | – Okay? – Yeah. | -好么 -好 |
[16:05] | You know, every year, um… | 每年的今天 |
[16:08] | this day is tough. | 我们都过得很艰难 |
[16:11] | – Love you. – Love you. | -爱你哦 -爱你 |
[16:12] | All I remember is watching Tommy disappear | 我能记得的 只有目送着汤米的背影 |
[16:14] | down the street. | 消失在街的尽头 |
[16:16] | But this year it was really bad. | 但今年尤其困难 |
[16:20] | Has your husband been in contact with Mr. Milner? | 你丈夫和米尔诺先生一直有联络吗 |
[16:23] | No, of course not. | 当然没有 |
[16:25] | Did he ever talk about trying to… | 他有说过想要 |
[16:27] | – hurt Milner himself? – No. | -伤害米尔诺的话吗 -没 |
[16:29] | Nathan never talked about trying to hurt anyone. | 内森从不会说出要伤害他人的话 |
[16:32] | I just… I want him to come home. | 我就想让他回家 |
[16:39] | Trace Sid pulled | 希德从米尔诺 |
[16:41] | from the slice wound on Milner’s neck. | 脖子上伤口中取得的痕量证据 |
[16:42] | Penicillium? | 派内西林 |
[16:43] | Yes, green mold. | 青霉素 |
[16:44] | I also found plant matter called Urtica dioica, or green nettle, | 我还发现了叫做大荨麻的植物成分 亦称绿荨麻 |
[16:48] | as well as traces of paraffin and microcrystalline wax. | 还有石蜡以及微晶蜡的痕迹 |
[16:50] | Obviously whoever sliced Milner’s throat | 显然无论是谁割开了米尔诺的喉咙 |
[16:53] | used that knife for something else. | 用的刀都曾充作他用 |
[16:55] | What about the stain on his jacket? | 他夹克上的污渍是怎么回事 |
[16:56] | Ink, the kind used in industrial printing presses. | 油墨 工业印刷中用的那种油墨 |
[17:00] | Mr. Lewis is a lithographer. | 路易斯先生是一名石印工 |
[17:01] | He works on the press. | 他供职于出版业 |
[17:02] | And he was at the shop last night. | 他昨晚还出现在那家店里 |
[17:04] | Were you able to get a usable print? | 能不能找到一个可以用来匹配的指纹呢 |
[17:06] | Not yet. Adam’s working on pulling something together. | 还没 亚当正在努力找 |
[17:08] | Lewis was fingerprinted for DWI in ’98, | 路易斯在98年的时候因为酒驾录过指纹 |
[17:12] | so he’ll have something to compare it to. | 这样他找的时候就有个参照了 |
[17:14] | I got a signal on Nathan Lewis’ cell. | 我找到了内森·路易斯的手机信号 |
[17:17] | It’s not moved since I picked it up. | 在我找到之后就没移动过 |
[17:35] | Mac, it’s Mr. Lewis. | 麦克 路易斯先生在这 |
[17:55] | Is he dead? | 他死了吗 |
[17:58] | Did I kill the son of a bitch? | 我把那个婊子养的给杀了吗 |
[18:06] | Oh, no, Gram, come on. | 别这样 奶奶 拜托 |
[18:07] | I’m stuffed. | 我撑死了 |
[18:08] | You look like one of those POWs. | 你看着跟个战俘似的 |
[18:11] | It’s called being in shape. | 这叫有身材 |
[18:12] | Skinny is not a shape. | 皮包骨不叫身材 |
[18:15] | You still going with that boy? | 你还和那小子处呢吗 |
[18:16] | No, we broke up. He was too clingy. | 不了 我们分了 他太粘人了 |
[18:18] | I wanted to see other people. | 我想看看其他人 |
[18:20] | He’s not a boy. He’s a man. | 他不是小子 是个男人 |
[18:23] | His name is Jimmy, and, uh, | 他叫吉米 而且 |
[18:25] | yeah, we’re still going out. | 没错 我们还处着呢 |
[18:26] | All right. Hate to do it. | 好吧 我也不喜欢这样 |
[18:27] | I got to eat and run. It’s my day off. | 但是我吃完就得走 今天我休息 |
[18:29] | I got a few errands to take care of. | 我有几件事得打理一下 |
[18:31] | I’ll help you clean up. | 我来帮你收拾 |
[18:32] | Don, before you go, | 唐 你走之前 |
[18:33] | I got something I got to give you and Sam. | 有些东西我要给你和小萨 |
[18:37] | Okay. | 好了 |
[18:40] | This is stuff that was left in the house | 这是你父亲去世时 |
[18:41] | when your father passed. | 留在房子里的东西 |
[18:43] | I thought we got everything. | 我以为所有东西都给我们了呢 |
[18:44] | Well, the man who came to do the inspection for the closing, | 来做房屋检查的人 |
[18:47] | he found it in the corner of the attic. | 在阁楼角落里发现了这个 |
[18:52] | Oh, no way. | 不会吧 |
[18:55] | This is great. Are you sure you don’t want this? | 太棒了 你确定你不想要了吗 |
[18:57] | I don’t need any of it. | 一点都不需要 |
[18:59] | You can take that damn ugly urn, too. | 把那个难看到家的骨灰瓮也拿走 |
[19:02] | I thought we agreed that Dad would want to be here with you. | 我以为我们都觉得爸爸想和你呆在一起 |
[19:04] | Dad is here with me, right here. | 你爸就在这陪着我呢 就在这 |
[19:06] | That’s all I need. | 这就够了 |
[19:07] | I got nowhere to put that thing. | 我没地方放那玩意 |
[19:10] | Don’t look at me. I don’t want it. | 别看我 我可不想要 |
[19:15] | Sam, come over here and check this out. | 小萨 过来看看这个 |
[19:18] | This is amazing. | 太奇妙了 |
[19:19] | There’s a picture of us with Dad | 这张照片是那场比赛之后爸爸把我们 |
[19:22] | from that time he got us down on the field to run around after the game. | 带到球场上跑的那回照的 |
[19:24] | No thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[19:26] | Whatever it is, if it belonged to Dad, it’s all you. | 不管是什么 只要是爸爸的东西 都是你 |
[19:28] | You gonna pull that “He loved you more than me” crap again? | 你又要扯你那套”他爱你胜过爱我”的鬼话了吗 |
[19:31] | I’m sorry I can’t pretend he was this wonderful guy. | 不好意思我装不出来他生前有多好似的 |
[19:34] | I’m not asking you to pretend anything. | 我不是让你装什么 |
[19:37] | You know what, I can’t do this again. | 你听着 再这么吵下去可不行 |
[19:41] | You take the stuff. | 东西你拿着 |
[19:43] | I’m good. | 我不要 |
[19:44] | I will see you at the next leak under the sink. | 等你下次下水又漏了再见 |
[19:52] | Let her be. | 随她去吧 |
[19:53] | She’ll learn how to forgive him someday. | 总有一天她会学会原谅他的 |
[19:55] | Thank God for you, Gram. | 奶奶 有你真好 感谢上帝 |
[19:57] | -I love you. – You love my meatballs. | -我爱你 -你是爱我做的丸子吧 |
[20:34] | Dad, can I see your policeman’s badge? | 爸爸 我能看看你的警徽吗 |
[20:37] | Be careful. | 小心点 |
[20:38] | It’s not a toy. | 这可不是玩具 |
[20:46] | When I’m a policeman, | 等我当了警察 |
[20:48] | I’m gonna arrest all the bad guys. | 我要逮捕所有的坏人 |
[20:50] | Easy there, officer. | 放松点 警官 |
[20:52] | Let’s not shoot up the place. | 别把这地方全都扫射一遍了 |
[20:54] | Can I see it? | 能给我看看吗 |
[20:56] | Doctors don’t have badges, sweetheart. | 医生没有徽章的 甜心 |
[20:58] | I already told you, Daddy, I don’t want to be a doctor. | 爸爸 我都告诉你了 我不想当医生 |
[21:01] | Please can I see it? | 求求你 给我看一眼吧 |
[21:03] | Maybe later. Here, eat your hot dog. | 下次吧 给你 把热狗吃了 |
[21:05] | Welcome, baseball fans to your New York Yankees… | 各位球迷 欢迎你们来到纽约扬基的主场 |
[21:09] | Get your scorecards out, guys. | 伙计们 把记分牌拿出来 |
[21:10] | The game’s about to start. | 比赛马上开始了 |
[21:33] | 我写这封信是因为 感觉一直不对 还有很多事情 来不及说出口 也许在死去之后 才能平静对待 那份爱一直都在 | |
[21:42] | 那里的魔法 让你笑逐颜开 给你温暖 我说得远远不够 你们俩都是我生命中最美妙的事情 你们是我的一切 全心爱你们 爸爸 | |
[21:58] | Hey, Sam, it’s me. | 喂 小萨 是我 |
[22:01] | I need you to come over. | 你得过来一下 |
[22:02] | There’s something really important that I have to show you. | 我有些很重要的东西要给你看 |
[22:10] | Seven years after Tommy disappeared, | 汤米失踪七年之后 |
[22:14] | the state declared him legally dead. | 州里正式宣布他法律意义的死亡 |
[22:19] | Do you know what it’s like to bury an empty coffin? | 你知道埋葬一口空棺材 是怎样的感受吗 |
[22:28] | I’m sorry for your loss, Mr. Lewis, | 我对你的丧子之痛深表遗憾 路易斯先生 |
[22:30] | but Keith Milner is dead. | 但是吉森·米尔诺死了 |
[22:32] | “I don’t remember, I blacked out”– | “我不记得 我晕过去了” |
[22:34] | that’s not gonna cut it. | 解除不了你的嫌疑 |
[22:36] | Your fingerprints are all over his jacket. | 他夹克上全是你的指纹 |
[22:42] | Not to mention his blood all over your shirt. | 更别说你衬衫上全是他的血了 |
[22:45] | We get it. | 我们懂了 |
[22:47] | You wanted to avenge the murder of your son. | 你想替你儿子报仇 |
[22:50] | But if you were man enough to kill him, | 但是你要是够男人杀他 |
[22:52] | be man enough to take responsibility for it. | 就男人一点承担责任 |
[22:55] | I swear to you, I don’t know if I killed him. | 我发誓 我不知道我杀没杀他 |
[23:01] | Look, I was | 听着 我 |
[23:02] | so tired of thinking about Tommy, | 老是想着汤米我觉得很累 |
[23:05] | I just… | 我只是… |
[23:08] | wanted to be numb. | 想麻木自己 |
[23:12] | Bourbon, neat. | 波旁威士忌 不加水 |
[23:23] | I thought my mind was playing tricks on me. | 我觉得我的心在捉弄我 |
[23:31] | Took him a second to recognize me. | 他过了一会才认出我 |
[23:47] | Please, Mr. Lewis. | 求你了 路易斯先生 |
[23:49] | How dare you show your face around here | 你怎么敢出现在这里 |
[23:51] | on this day? | 尤其是今天 |
[23:52] | You son of a bitch! | 你这个狗娘养的 |
[23:55] | Please. I didn’t kill Tommy. | 求你了 我没杀汤米 |
[23:57] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[23:59] | Shut your mouth! | 闭上你的嘴 |
[24:02] | I didn’t… I didn’t. | 我没有… 我没有 |
[24:05] | Why? | 为什么 |
[24:06] | Why would you hurt that perfect little boy? Why? | 为什么要伤害那么乖的孩子 为什么 |
[24:09] | I didn’t… kill your little boy. | 我没有 杀害你的孩子 |
[24:19] | Please. Please. | 求你了 求你了 |
[24:23] | I didn’t hurt him. | 我没伤害他 |
[24:26] | I didn’t. I didn’t hurt him. | 我没有 我没伤害他 |
[24:33] | I don’t know if he was alive… | 我不知道他活着与否… |
[24:36] | but I left him in that alley. | 把他留在巷子里我就走了 |
[24:41] | Where did you go after that? | 之后你去了哪里 |
[24:43] | The next thing that I remember is… | 接下来我记得的就是… |
[24:47] | waking up in the cemetery | 在公墓醒过来 |
[24:49] | on top of Tommy’s grave. | 在汤米的坟前 |
[25:10] | Okay, Brian. | 可以了 布莱恩 |
[25:15] | I’m sorry you had to come all the way | 很抱歉必须让你 |
[25:17] | down here under these circumstances. | 在这种情况下专程赶来 |
[25:18] | He wasn’t the horrible man people said he was. | 他不是人们口中所说的坏人 |
[25:24] | He didn’t kill that boy. | 他没杀那个男孩 |
[25:26] | When did you find out about | 你何时发现 |
[25:27] | the accusations against your husband? | 针对你丈夫的指控的 |
[25:31] | After we’d been dating for a few months. | 我们约会几个月后 |
[25:33] | Keith wouldn’t talk about it with me. | 基斯不想和我细谈 |
[25:35] | He just wanted to put the whole thing behind him. | 他只想把整件事都抛之脑后 |
[25:39] | And he said that if I thought for a second | 他说哪怕我有一刻认为 |
[25:41] | he was capable of such a thing, | 他可能做那样的事 |
[25:42] | I should break it off right there. | 我应该立即跟他分手 |
[25:45] | I didn’t. | 可我没有 |
[25:48] | We were married three years ago last week. | 上星期是我们结婚三周年 |
[25:54] | And he’s been nothing but kind, | 他很善良 正派 诚实 |
[25:58] | decent and honest. | 而别无其他 |
[26:00] | Something brought your husband | 昨晚你丈夫有事 |
[26:01] | to the neighborhood last night. | 又回到那个社区 |
[26:03] | Do you have any idea what that was? | 你知道是什么事吗 |
[26:10] | I think this is the answer you’re looking for. | 我想这是你们要的答案 |
[26:15] | “As the child we’re about to bring into this world grows | “随着美丽的妻子腹中的骨肉长大” |
[26:19] | “Inside the belly of my beautiful wife, | “即将诞生于世” |
[26:20] | “Anxiety over secrets of my past grow on my conscience. | “过去的秘密让我良心不安” |
[26:25] | “It tears at my heart to know | “得知我父母去扫墓” |
[26:26] | “My parents went to their graves | “相信是我害死了他们的儿子” |
[26:28] | “Believing I took the life of that boy. | “我的心都被撕碎了” |
[26:31] | “The lies and the manipulation, the stealing and the drugs. | “说谎和造假 偷盗和毒品” |
[26:34] | Maybe I didn’t deserve their trust.” | “或许让我不值得信任” |
[26:36] | I’m afraid that when I look into the eyes | 恐怕当我第一次 |
[26:39] | of my son for the very first time, | 看着儿子的眼睛 |
[26:41] | the joy of that moment will be stolen from me | 喜悦之情会被汤米·路易斯 |
[26:43] | by thoughts of Tommy Lewis and his mom and dad wondering | 以及他的父母想知道儿子的下落的心情 |
[26:47] | where their own son has gone. | 取而代之 |
[26:49] | If I’m going to raise my boy with integrity, | 如果我想光明正大的养大儿子 |
[26:51] | if he can ever look up to me, he has to know the truth. | 如果要他永远尊敬我 必须让他知道真相 |
[26:56] | I have to clear my conscience and my name. | 我必须问心无愧洗清罪名 |
[26:59] | The world has already made up its mind about me. | 世人已经对我有成见 |
[27:01] | “I have no choice but to face the wolf in sheep’s clothing, | “除了直面披着羊皮的狼我别无选择” |
[27:04] | “Compel him to step forward and confess to the crimes | “强迫他站出来 坦白罪行” |
[27:07] | for which I was so wrongly accused.” | “为了对我的错误指控” |
[27:09] | That’s his last entry. | 这是他的最后记载 |
[27:11] | If what he wrote is true, | 如果他写的是真的 |
[27:13] | Keith Milner didn’t kill Tommy Lewis, and he knew who did. | 米尔诺没有杀害汤米 还知道是谁干的 |
[27:16] | If Milner went back to the neighborhood | 如果米尔诺回到社区 |
[27:18] | to confront Tommy’s killer, | 勇敢面对杀汤米的凶手 |
[27:19] | then the killer must still live there. | 那么凶手一定还住在那里 |
[27:27] | – Thanks for coming. – Of course. What’s up? | -感谢你能来 -当然 什么事 |
[27:29] | You were so cryptic on the phone. | 你在电话里神神秘秘的 |
[27:31] | A million things were going through my mind | 在来这里的路上 |
[27:32] | on the way over here. | 我心里七上八下的 |
[27:33] | I’m sorry about that. | 很抱歉 |
[27:35] | I’m just a little concerned about Mac. | 我只是有点担心麦克 |
[27:38] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[27:41] | I think he’s struggling with some stuff. | 我觉得他有什么麻烦事 |
[27:44] | What makes you say that? | 何出此言 |
[27:47] | Well, he’s been avoiding certain situations at work, | 他总是回避一定的工作场合 |
[27:51] | particularly things where he has to provide specific details. | 那些需要他提供具体细节的个别事物 |
[27:55] | Like what? | 比如什么 |
[27:57] | I’ve watched him a bunch of times | 我观察到他好几次 |
[27:58] | struggle to name or identify an object, | 纠结于叫出或者识别出物体 |
[28:02] | and he covers pretty well, but… | 他掩饰的很好 不过… |
[28:05] | Lord, I feel like I’m telling on him. | 上帝 感觉像是我在告发他 |
[28:07] | I’m just worried about him. | 我只是担心他 |
[28:09] | Have you noticed anything like that? | 你注意到类似的事了吗 |
[28:15] | No. | 没有 |
[28:17] | Not really. I mean, | 我是说 不算是 |
[28:18] | he doesn’t know where he left his keys half the time, | 他经常不记得钥匙放在哪里 |
[28:20] | but that’s just a man thing, you know. | 男人都那样 你知道的 |
[28:22] | They’re a forgetful bunch. | 一群健忘的男人 |
[28:24] | Because I think if you had noticed, | 因为我觉得如果你留意到了 |
[28:25] | then maybe we could… | 或许我们能… |
[28:28] | No. | 不 |
[28:28] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[28:29] | I mean, I’ll keep an eye out. | 我是说 我会留心观察的 |
[28:31] | You know, Mac’s been through a lot, | 你知道 麦克经历了很多 |
[28:32] | and I’m sure it’s just him settling back in. | 我相信他只是刚稳定下来 |
[28:36] | Probably just me worrying when I shouldn’t. | 可能是我瞎担心吧 |
[28:51] | You’re not seriously thinking of doing this? | 你不是当真要这么做吧 |
[28:53] | I am. | 是的 |
[28:55] | But I need your help. | 可我需要你帮忙 |
[28:58] | That kid Zane | 那个叫泽恩的小子 |
[29:00] | that you used to make out with– he works there doing security. | 你过去和他亲热来着 他在那儿做保安 |
[29:03] | He can get us in. | 他能帮我们进去 |
[29:06] | I did not used to make out with him. | 我过去没和他亲热 |
[29:07] | Oh, sorry. | 不好意思 |
[29:09] | He used to make out with you. | 是他过去和你亲热 |
[29:11] | You’re such an ass. | 你就是个混蛋 |
[29:13] | I haven’t seen that kid in, like, ten years. | 我快有十年没见那小子了 |
[29:14] | Well, I bumped into him two weeks ago on the subway. | 两星期前我在地铁里碰上他了 |
[29:17] | Talk to him. | 去跟他说说 |
[29:18] | This guy would murder puppies if you asked him to. | 只要你开口 他连小狗都能杀 |
[29:20] | Yeah, well, I’m not asking him to. | 是吗 可我不会开这个口的 |
[29:22] | You know, to be honest, it kind of pisses me off, | 说实话 这都有点儿惹毛我了 |
[29:24] | Dad’s still trying to tell me what to do | 爸爸就算在奶奶家架子上的瓮里 |
[29:26] | from an urn on a shelf at Gram’s place. | 都还想对我指手画脚的 |
[29:28] | Come on! Would you ease up on him already? | 拜托 你也该放过他了吧 |
[29:30] | So maybe he was a little bit tougher on you. | 就算他对你严格了点儿又怎样 |
[29:33] | It’s only because he knew you were twice as smart as I am. | 不过是因为他知道你比我聪明得多 |
[29:36] | That is not true. | 胡说 |
[29:37] | It is true. | 真的 |
[29:38] | I’m okay with that. | 我不介意 |
[29:40] | Would you just stop trying to make excuses for him? | 你能别替他找借口了吗 |
[29:43] | Yeah, I came to terms with this a long time ago. | 没错 很久以前我是为这事纠结 |
[29:46] | Maybe I was just hard to love. | 也许是我不招人疼 |
[29:49] | Maybe he had trouble relating to me. | 也许是他不懂如何跟我沟通 |
[29:50] | Whatever it is, I’m over it. | 不管怎样 我已经不在乎了 |
[29:53] | I saw that guy cry once in my whole life. | 我这辈子就见那个大男人哭过一次 |
[29:56] | The night of your senior prom. | 就在你毕业舞会那晚 |
[29:57] | You said you were sleeping at Heather’s house. | 你说你在海瑟家睡 |
[29:58] | He checked up on you. | 他查了你的岗 |
[30:00] | You weren’t there. | 你没在那儿 |
[30:01] | So he and I drove around all night looking for you. | 所以我们俩整夜在外开车找你 |
[30:06] | He was a wreck. | 他都崩溃了 |
[30:08] | Thinking the worst, as only a New York City detective can. | 做了一个纽约警探能做的最坏打算 |
[30:12] | And when we didn’t find you, he bawled like a baby. | 他没能找到你 跟孩子一样嚎啕大哭 |
[30:15] | He never said anything about that to me. | 他从没跟我提过这事儿 |
[30:18] | Maybe he was just trying to keep the peace. | 可能他不想生事 |
[30:22] | When you came home the next morning, | 第二天早上你回家的时候 |
[30:23] | he was just thankful you were safe. | 他只是庆幸你没事 |
[30:25] | Sam… | 小萨 |
[30:28] | he loved you. | 他爱你 |
[30:38] | I got to get back to work. | 我得回去上班了 |
[30:39] | My car’s at a meter. | 我的车停那儿要收费的 |
[30:40] | Hey, come on. | 求你了 |
[30:42] | Talk to Zane. | 找泽恩说说 |
[30:45] | I don’t have a plan “B.” | 我没别的法子了 |
[30:50] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[31:16] | This is a surprise. | 你怎么来了 |
[31:19] | Sorry to barge in on you like this. | 抱歉不请自来 |
[31:21] | I-I brought you something from Piccolo. | 我从皮卡罗给你带了点儿吃的 |
[31:23] | Oh. Hope you’re hungry. | 希望你饿了 |
[31:25] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:28] | Do you trust me, Mac? | 你信任我吗 麦克 |
[31:32] | You even have to ask me that? | 这还用问吗 |
[31:35] | I think I do. | 我觉得有必要 |
[31:37] | I had coffee with Jo earlier. | 我之前和乔一起喝咖啡 |
[31:41] | She’s worried about you, and I am, too. | 她很担心你 我也是 |
[31:45] | Well, I’ll tell you what I told her– I’m fine. | 那我就把跟她说的跟你说一遍 我没事 |
[31:48] | That’s what I said, | 我也这么说来着 |
[31:50] | ’cause our relationship is based on trust, | 我们的关系是建立在信任的基础上的 |
[31:53] | and if you had a problem, you would have come to me | 如果你有困难 一定会告诉我 |
[31:57] | and we would have worked it out together, right? | 我们会携手度过难关的 对吗 |
[31:59] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[32:01] | Except she’s with you a lot more than I am, | 可她见你比我见你多 |
[32:04] | and, um, she’s very smart, | 而且她很聪明 |
[32:07] | and for her to approach me was hard. | 她会来找我已属不易 |
[32:09] | She took a chance, | 她还是冒险一试 |
[32:10] | so I’m thinking there must be something there. | 所以我想肯定出了什么事 |
[32:14] | I just want you to look me in the eye | 我只希望你看着我的眼睛 |
[32:16] | and tell me nothing’s wrong. | 告诉我一切正常 |
[32:19] | What the hell is this, Christine? | 这到底算什么 克里斯汀 |
[32:21] | It’s really simple. | 很简单 |
[32:23] | Just look me in the eye and tell me. | 只要看着我的眼睛告诉我 |
[32:27] | I don’t appreciate my integrity being called into question. | 我不喜欢别人质疑我的人品 |
[32:30] | I didn’t come here to question your integrity. | 我不是来质疑你的人品的 |
[32:33] | I came here because I care about you. | 我来是因为我关心你 |
[32:39] | All right, let’s try this another way. | 好吧 我们换个方式 |
[32:43] | Tell me what this is called. | 告诉我这叫什么 |
[32:48] | Tell me what this is called. | 告诉我这是什么 |
[32:53] | Hey, Mac, I’m sorry to interrupt, | 麦克 抱歉打扰 |
[32:54] | but you’re gonna want to hear this. | 不过你得听听这个 |
[32:59] | I apologize. Should I…? | 不好意思 要不我 |
[33:00] | No, no. | 不用 不用 |
[33:03] | Christine was on her way out. | 克里斯汀要走了 |
[33:12] | Come on. | 说吧 |
[33:15] | Microcrystalline wax, paraffin, | 微晶石蜡 硬石蜡 |
[33:18] | green nettle plant, and green mold have one thing in common– | 绿色荨麻植物还有青霉素有个共同点 |
[33:22] | a very rare, expensive cheese | 一种非常稀有且昂贵的奶酪 |
[33:25] | called Flaming Nettle Gouda. | 叫做”燃麻高达干酪” |
[33:26] | It’s imported from Italy | 从意大利进口的 |
[33:27] | and sold in a few cheese shops and delis around the city. | 市里有几家奶酪店和熟食店在卖 |
[33:30] | One of them is Ventri’s in the East Village. | 其中一家是东村的维特利家 |
[33:36] | Ventri was the last person to see Tommy alive. | 维特利是最后一个见到汤米活着的人 |
[33:41] | Hey, what can I get you? | 有什么可以效劳 |
[33:44] | Mitch Ventri? | 是米奇·维特利吗 |
[33:45] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[33:46] | I’d like to talk to you about the murder of Keith Milner. | 我想和你谈谈基斯·米尔诺被杀一事 |
[33:50] | Put down the knife and come out from behind the counter. | 放下刀 从柜台后面出来 |
[34:01] | It’s over. | 都结束了 |
[34:07] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[34:09] | I’ve done some very terrible things. | 我做了些很可怕的事 |
[34:18] | Tommy knew me. | 汤米认识我 |
[34:21] | I’d seen him in the store a bunch of times with his folks. | 我在店里见过他和他朋友几次 |
[34:25] | That day was the first time I ever saw him alone. | 那天是我第一次见他独自一人 |
[34:28] | Come here, Foo-Foo, come here. | 过来 小福 过来 |
[34:31] | Hey, Tommy, how you doing, bud? | 嗨 汤米 最近还好吗 |
[34:33] | – Good. – You out walking the dog all by yourself? | -棒极了 -今天自己出来遛狗吗 |
[34:36] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[34:37] | What do you got on your lip there, buddy? | 你嘴边沾了点东西 老兄 |
[34:39] | You got a little something– what is that? | 偷吃什么好东西了 |
[34:42] | I told him I had a big box of lollipops down in the basement, | 我说我的地下室里有一整箱棒棒糖 |
[34:45] | and he could pick one if he wanted. | 随便他挑 |
[34:50] | He asked me how much it was gonna cost. | 他还问我多少钱一支 |
[34:53] | Okay, yeah, let’s go down in the basement, come on. | 走吧 我带你去地下室 |
[35:08] | I didn’t plan on hurting him. | 我根本不想伤害他 |
[35:11] | I really didn’t. | 真的没想过 |
[35:14] | He started to call out to help, | 他开始大声呼救 |
[35:20] | and… I panicked. | 我顿时不知所措 |
[35:23] | I hit him. | 就打了他 |
[35:27] | And he wouldn’t stop yelling, he just… | 可他还是叫个不停 |
[35:30] | And I hit him again. | 我就又动手了 |
[35:33] | Then, I just kept hitting him. | 然后就一发不可收拾 |
[35:38] | How many are there? | 你还杀了多少人 |
[35:40] | How many other kids are there, Mitch? | 多少个孩子 米奇 |
[35:46] | There’s none. | 没有了 |
[35:48] | No, no, I… | 不是的 |
[35:51] | I swear to you, there’s none. | 我发誓 没有别人了 |
[35:52] | I, I thought about it, | 虽然我有想过 |
[35:54] | but I never touched a kid before that | 但他是第一个 |
[35:56] | and I never touched one after. | 也是最后一个 |
[35:58] | So where is he? | 那他现在在哪 |
[36:01] | Where’s Tommy? | 汤米的尸体在哪 |
[36:05] | He’s still there. | 他还在那 |
[36:08] | He’s still in the basement. | 就在地下室里 |
[36:49] | So, Keith told his parents | 基斯告诉他的父母 |
[36:50] | that he saw you take Tommy into the basement. | 说看到你把汤米带进了地下室 |
[36:53] | Why didn’t they call the police? | 为什么他们没有告诉警察 |
[36:55] | ‘Cause they didn’t believe him. | 因为没人相信他的话 |
[36:57] | They took your word over the word of their own son? | 他们竟然相信你 而不是自己孩子吗 |
[36:59] | I wish I could tell you | 我很希望 |
[37:01] | I had to convince them, but I didn’t. | 是我说服了他们 但我没有 |
[37:03] | They were at the end of their rope with Keith. | 他们认定了基斯是凶手 |
[37:04] | I mean, he was using drugs, | 那时他一直嗑药 |
[37:05] | he was stealing from half the neighborhood, | 几乎偷过附近一半人家的东西 |
[37:08] | including the Milners. | 包括他父母家在内 |
[37:09] | So they’d been lied to and manipulated so many times | 他们被欺骗过很多次 |
[37:13] | that they didn’t believe a word he said. | 所以不再相信他说的任何话 |
[37:40] | Look, I know you think I’m a monster, | 我知道你们觉得我禽兽不如 |
[37:42] | but I was good to a lot of people in that neighborhood, | 但其实我和邻居们相处非常和睦 |
[37:44] | especially the Milners. | 尤其对米尔诺一家 |
[37:45] | I gave ’em credit in my store, | 我送给他们我店里的会员卡 |
[37:47] | I lent them money to pay rent sometimes | 他们手头紧的时候 |
[37:49] | when things were tight, and… | 我还会帮忙付房租 |
[37:52] | they were my friends. | 我们是好朋友 |
[37:56] | They trusted me. | 他们信任我 |
[38:20] | I’ve been coming through that park every morning | 过去的27年里 每天早上四点钟 |
[38:21] | 4:00 a.m. for the last 27 years. | 我就起床了 |
[38:24] | I wake up early, I go into the deli, | 穿过公园 来到熟食店里 |
[38:26] | I open it up, I get it all set up for the day. | 打理店面 准备开张 |
[38:28] | Milner knew that. | 米尔诺家知道的 |
[38:29] | The whole neighborhood did. | 周围的邻居有目共睹 |
[38:31] | He was waiting for me. | 是他找上门来的 |
[38:33] | But he didn’t want to hurt you. | 他不想伤害你 |
[38:35] | He just wanted to confront you, | 他只是想来劝劝你 |
[38:37] | give you a chance to come clean on your own. | 给你个机会去自首 |
[38:40] | He should have just left it alone. | 他不该旧事重提 |
[38:46] | I have to talk to you, Mr. Ventri. | 我必须跟你谈谈 维特利先生 |
[38:48] | What do you want? | 你想说什么 |
[38:50] | You have to tell what happened to Tommy. | 你得把汤米的事说出来 |
[38:52] | The Lewises deserve to know what happened to their son. | 路易斯一家有理由知道他们儿子的真实情况 |
[38:54] | Get away from me. | 别碰我 |
[38:55] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[38:56] | If you don’t tell, I will. | 如果你不说 我去说 |
[38:59] | I will tell everyone I can until someone finally listens. | 我要公告天下 直到有人听下去为止 |
[39:10] | I didn’t know what to do. | 我不知道怎么办才好 |
[39:13] | I mean, I didn’t want any of this to happen. | 这些事都不是我希望的 |
[39:15] | I’m not a bad person. | 我不是坏人 |
[39:16] | No, you’re the worst kind of person. | 不 你是最卑鄙的那种坏人 |
[39:18] | You look like us, you walk and talk like us. | 长得和我们一样 走路说话也无差别 |
[39:22] | But you know what, Mitch Ventri? | 但你知道吗 米奇·维特利 |
[39:24] | You’re nothing like us. | 其实你根本不是人 |
[39:57] | You sure you don’t want me | 你确定不需要我跟你 |
[39:58] | to come with you to the Lewises’ to make notification? | 一起去告知路易斯夫妇吗 |
[40:00] | You stay here | 你留在这里 |
[40:01] | and help Danny and Sheldon finish up downstairs. | 帮丹尼和谢尔顿料理楼下的事吧 |
[40:04] | I’m so glad you’re finally able | 这么多年后 你终于能 |
[40:05] | to bring this family closure after all these years. | 给他们家人一个答复了 我替你高兴 |
[40:09] | See you back at the office. | 回办公室见吧 |
[40:10] | – Jo. – Yeah. | -乔 -怎么了 |
[40:14] | I’m only gonna tell you this once. | 这些话我只说一次 |
[40:18] | Be careful where you stick your nose. | 你不要多管闲事 |
[40:20] | Stay out of my personal business. | 我的事情不用你来插手 |
[40:42] | Detective. | 警探 |
[40:44] | I wanted to, uh, let you know that we found your son. | 我来告诉你们 您的儿子找到了 |
[41:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[42:08] | – Scared you, didn’t I? – Yeah, you did. | -吓到你了 是不是 -确实 |
[42:10] | – Yeah. – Not funny. | -是嘛 -有什么好笑的 |
[42:12] | You know you owe me big-time. | 这下你欠我个大人情 |
[42:14] | Zane? | 那个泽恩 |
[42:16] | Beyond creepy. | 真叫我毛骨悚然 |
[42:19] | Do you remember what switch he said it was? | 你记得他说是哪个开关了吗 |
[42:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[42:47] | I’m glad I came. | 还好我来了 |
[42:50] | I’m glad you came, too. | 你来了我也很高兴 |
[43:06] | This is for you, Pop. | 这是给你的 老爸 |