时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | 更多影视更新 | |
[00:13] | Ready 11. | 11号机准备就绪 |
[00:14] | 25 seconds to air. | 直播倒数25秒 |
[00:15] | T.O.C., we should have Ella up on the strip. | 传输操控中心 怎么不见埃拉在长街的画面 |
[00:18] | – Signal looks good. – 20 seconds. | -信号看来不错 -还剩20秒 |
[00:20] | Tell Rainy that we’re gonna stick with Theresa | 告诉雷尼 让特蕾西先主持 |
[00:22] | for the first segment, so no Storm Center | 第一段 风暴的外景播报得等到 |
[00:23] | ’til after the bump. | 之后再切进来 |
[00:26] | Ten seconds to air. | 直播倒数10秒 |
[00:27] | Put Denny on standby | 先别放丹尼的视频 |
[00:28] | to warm up her green screen lights. | 先预热一下绿光屏的灯光 |
[00:30] | Okay. | 好的 |
[00:31] | – Five seconds. – Why don’t I see Theresa? | -倒数5秒 -怎么不见特蕾西 |
[00:32] | Because my boy Friday doesn’t understand | 因为我的小助手弗莱迪不知道 |
[00:34] | the difference between lipstick and lip liner. | 唇膏和唇笔的区别 |
[00:37] | KVKC新闻 | |
[00:38] | – Tonight, on KVKC News– – We’re live. | -今晚 KVKC新闻 -直播开始 |
[00:39] | with Theresa Shea… | 与特蕾西・谢伊一起… |
[00:41] | – Ready one. – That’s not fair. | -1号机准备 -这么说太不公平了 |
[00:42] | You specifically said you wanted… | 你明明说你想要… |
[00:45] | Chad, get Theresa some coffee. | 查德 给特蕾西弄杯咖啡 |
[00:47] | Light cream. | 加淡奶油 |
[00:48] | Truvia, specifically. | 注意 要加Truvia糖[天然甜味剂] |
[00:49] | Chad, now. | 查德 马上 |
[00:51] | Move two to apple six. | 2号机移到A6 |
[00:54] | …Las Vegas. | 拉斯维加斯 |
[00:56] | Go one. | 切入第1段 |
[00:56] | Welcome to the KVKC Local News at 11:00. | 欢迎收看晚间11点的KVKC当地新闻 |
[00:59] | I’m Theresa Shea. | 我是特蕾西・谢伊 |
[01:01] | Our top story is a torrential rain hitting the city. | 突如其来的暴雨是我们今天的头条新闻 |
[01:04] | Ready two. | 准备好第2段 |
[01:04] | Open up Ella, REM 17. | 切入埃拉 准备17号注释 |
[01:06] | On the scene in the eye of the storm | 居于暴风之中向我们报道的 |
[01:08] | is our own fearless Ella St. James. | 是本台勇敢的埃拉・圣・詹姆斯 |
[01:10] | Go REM 17. | 切入17号注释 |
[01:11] | Ella, how’s it look out there? | 埃拉 外面目前怎么样 |
[01:13] | Uh, Theresa, I’m having trouble hearing you, | 特蕾西 我听不清你在说什么 |
[01:16] | so let me just report what I know. | 所以我就报道一下我所了解到的情况 |
[01:18] | The storm has picked up and it’s getting worse, | 暴风雨越来越猛烈了 |
[01:20] | Come on, come on. | 快点快点 |
[01:20] | with wind speeds increasing | 风速逐渐增高到 |
[01:21] | up to 80 miles per hour. | 每小时80英里 |
[01:23] | Ella? | 埃拉 |
[01:26] | Ella? – Theresa, pull it back. | 埃拉 -特蕾西 转回来 |
[01:27] | Go three. | 继续第3段 |
[01:30] | Thanks, Ella. | 谢谢你 埃拉 |
[01:30] | We’ll try to get that sound sorted out. | 我们会尽快解决信号问题 |
[01:33] | We’d like to remind everyone | 借此机会我们想提醒大家 |
[01:34] | that it’s best to stay indoors for the next few hours. | 在接下来的几小时中 最好不要外出 |
[01:40] | It’s like amateur hour tonight. | 今晚干活的都是外行吗 |
[01:42] | Theresa, just bear with us a second. | 特蕾西 麻烦耐心等待一下 |
[01:43] | Can someone tell me what the hell’s going on? | 谁来告诉我到底发生什么事了 |
[01:45] | House lights are out, overheads as well. | 室内灯熄了 高架照明灯也熄了 |
[01:47] | No monitors, camera servers are down. | 所有显示器 摄像机服务器都停机了 |
[01:49] | We’re blacked out. | 电力完全中断了 |
[01:50] | Denny, tell me you’re on it, brother. | 丹尼 告诉我你已经在解决了 |
[01:51] | I am. Hopefully the generator out back will kick in soon. | 正在弄 但愿备用发电机会马上启动 |
[01:56] | Theresa, you still okay in there? | 特蕾西 你没事吧 |
[02:00] | Theresa, you still there? | 特蕾西 你还在吗 |
[02:05] | I think we’re back. | 系统恢复了 |
[02:06] | Theresa, you okay? | 特蕾西 你还好吗 |
[02:12] | Go to a commercial. Go to a commercial! | 快播广告 快播广告 |
[02:21] | Looks a lot bigger on TV. | 电视上比现场看起来大多了 |
[02:23] | This your newscast of choice? | 这是你喜欢的新闻节目吗 |
[02:25] | I like watching them all. | 所有的新闻节目我都喜欢 |
[02:27] | Like a little mini documentary on the city every night. | 每晚一部关于都市的迷你纪录片 |
[02:31] | Detective Vartann, | 瓦尔坦警探 |
[02:32] | what’s our top story tonight? | 我们今晚的头条新闻是什么 |
[02:33] | Theresa Shea, | 特蕾西・谢伊 |
[02:35] | the most trusted name in news. | 最值得信赖的新闻主持人 |
[02:36] | Alive when the power went out. | 停电前还活着 |
[02:38] | 20 seconds later, the lights come back on, | 20秒之后 电源恢复了 |
[02:39] | and she falls dead onto the news desk. | 她却一头倒在工作台上 |
[02:41] | Well, somebody in here must’ve seen something. | 一定有谁看到了什么吧 |
[02:43] | Sound person, camera guy? | 录音师 摄影师之类的 |
[02:45] | Cameramen don’t exist anymore. | 现今已经没有摄影师了 |
[02:46] | Cameras are all robots, | 摄像机都有遥控装置 |
[02:48] | operated from the control rooms. | 一切从控制室操作 |
[02:49] | Sound and lighting, too. | 音响和灯光也是 |
[02:50] | Newsrooms have gone the way of gas stations. | 新闻编辑室变得跟加油站一般便捷 |
[02:52] | Great, got a locked room mystery, | 太好了 来了个密室杀人案 |
[02:55] | with a million viewers. | 还是在百万观众的眼皮下 |
[02:57] | Come over here. | 请过来一下 |
[02:59] | This is Denny Jones; he’s the studio lighting tech. | 这位是丹尼・琼斯 他是棚内照明师 |
[03:02] | I didn’t know if you wanted the house lights up or not. | 我不清楚你们想要把灯开着还是关着 |
[03:03] | Denny, can you get the lights back to these exact settings? | 丹尼 你能把灯调回到当时的设置吗 |
[03:06] | Push of a button. | 小菜一碟 |
[03:08] | Turn up the sun. | 那就大胆照明吧 |
[03:09] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[03:10] | What’s the rest of the team doing tonight? | 其他人今晚在干什么 |
[03:12] | Finn is finishing a fire investigation. | 芬恩在调查一场火灾 |
[03:15] | Life coach or something like that. | 一位人生导师还是什么之类的 |
[03:16] | Walking on coals gone horribly wrong? | 难道是玩什么火上行走玩出事故了 |
[03:19] | Probably. | 有可能 |
[03:20] | Greg and Morgan are pushing paper, | 格雷格和摩根在做文书工作 |
[03:21] | and Nick’s on a B and E. | 尼克在调查一件破门入室案 |
[03:32] | Okay, call him and tell him to lock in chain of custody. | 好 叫他把证据保存好 然后过来 |
[03:36] | I want all hands on deck. | 我想要所有人着手调查此案 |
[03:37] | Crime lab has the same rule as the local news: | 犯罪实验室和新闻电台一样 |
[03:41] | if it bleeds, it leads. | 哪里有流血事件 就追踪到哪里 |
[04:21] | Looks like there’s only the one injury. | 看来只有一个伤口 |
[04:23] | Single puncture wound to the back of the neck. | 脖子后的一道刺伤 |
[04:25] | The shape suggests a knife. | 看形状应该是一把刀 |
[04:26] | Killer was either lucky or good. | 凶手要不是利索就是幸运 |
[04:29] | He hit the perfect spot to kill her. | 他选中了最佳位置 一刀毙命 |
[04:31] | When we dissected frogs in high school biology, | 在中学的生物学上解剖青蛙的时候 |
[04:33] | y-you’d pith it by sticking a pin | 我们会用大头针一下往这里 |
[04:36] | right here. | 扎下去致死青蛙 |
[04:37] | The frog would get all… | 青蛙就会… |
[04:40] | None of the girls in class | 我们班的女生 |
[04:41] | wanted to do it, so they asked me to. | 都不愿意做 她们就会叫我帮忙 |
[04:44] | I became known | 我后来成为了 |
[04:44] | as the designated pither. | 指定扎针者 |
[04:46] | I would have gone with relief pither. | 救援扎针者不是更好 |
[04:48] | That’s better. | 是更好听 |
[04:49] | David, can you, um, sit her up for me one more time? | 大卫 你能再扶着她坐起来吗 |
[04:52] | – I want to get some context. – Yeah. | -我想看看当时的情况 -当然 |
[05:02] | Spatter suggests killer came from the left. | 血迹显示凶手从左面袭击 |
[05:06] | Plunged the knife in the back of her neck. | 一下把刀插入了她的脖子后面 |
[05:10] | Directional blood drops tell me | 地上这条血迹说明 |
[05:12] | he took off to the right in a hurry. | 他非常迅速地从右边逃走 |
[05:15] | If this was a pithing, | 如果这是刺杀 |
[05:17] | this was a drive-by pithing. | 这就是一次”飞车”刺杀 |
[05:25] | I know where I’m watching the next Seahawks game. | 下次就得在这里来看海鹰队的比赛 |
[05:29] | – CSI Russell? – Yeah? | -现场调查员罗素吗 -什么事 |
[05:31] | Fred Paulsen, executive producer. | 这位是弗雷德・保尔森 监制人 |
[05:33] | – Hey. – Hey, how are you? | -你好 -还好吗 |
[05:35] | 22 years of covering crime, | 报道了22年的犯罪 |
[05:36] | I never figured it would hit this close to home. | 做梦也没想到会发生在我们身边 |
[05:39] | Can you give us a sense of what happened? | 你能说说当时的情况吗 |
[05:40] | Um, we were cutting back from our field reporter, | 我们刚从外拍记者切回演播厅 |
[05:42] | and the lights went out. | 就突然熄灯了 |
[05:43] | You mean the power. | 你是说停电了 |
[05:44] | No, the power here is compartmentalized. | 不是 这里的电源分为几个部分 |
[05:46] | There’s battery backup for all the electronics. | 所有的电子仪器都有电池备份 |
[05:48] | The lights reroute through a generator outback. | 灯光电源来自后面的发电机 |
[05:50] | And it took 20 seconds | 备用发电机过了 |
[05:52] | for the backup generator to kick in, right? | 20秒才启动的 是吧 |
[05:54] | During which time, we were all in the dark. | 在那之前我们都在黑暗中 |
[05:56] | No light means no eyewitnesses. | 没有灯光也就是没有目击证人 |
[05:58] | Makes a murder case a little tougher to crack. | 就更难破案了 |
[05:59] | Right, but every murder needs three things, right? | 可是每个凶杀案都有三要素 对吧 |
[06:02] | Means, motive, opportunity. | 手段 动机 和时机 |
[06:03] | We have a low threshold on means. | 目前来看手段也排除不了什么人 |
[06:06] | Victim sustained a sharp-force injury. | 受害者被锐器所伤 |
[06:07] | Anyone can get their hands on something sharp. | 任何人都能用锋利的东西 |
[06:10] | Okay, let’s talk about motive. | 那我们谈谈动机 |
[06:12] | You have any idea who’d want to see Theresa Shea dead? | 你知道有谁会想杀了特蕾西・谢伊吗 |
[06:15] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[06:18] | You could start right there. | 你可以从这个开始调查 |
[06:19] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[06:20] | Our crew list. | 工作人员名单 |
[06:22] | Theresa was not | 特蕾西并不是 |
[06:23] | the easiest person to work with. | 一起共事的最佳人选 |
[06:24] | Well, that leaves opportunity. | 那就只能看时机了 |
[06:26] | Which would narrow down this list. | 应该能缩小人员范围 |
[06:28] | So, lights were out for 20 seconds, right? | 灯黑了20秒 对吧 |
[06:32] | Who would’ve been close enough | 在短暂的时间内 |
[06:33] | to kill her in that window of time? | 有谁离她近得可以杀她呢 |
[06:35] | Plausibly, three of my people would’ve been in that vicinity. | 如此说 有三个人会站在那附近 |
[06:40] | Okay, well, I’ve got three people. | 很好 我正好有三个人能调查 |
[06:43] | Let’s go with man-to-man coverage. | 让我们一对一检查吧 |
[06:49] | Paulsen told me they wouldn’t need me until the next segment, | 保尔森跟我说 到下一段才需要我 |
[06:51] | so I stayed here, monitoring the Doppler. | 所以我在这儿盯着多普勒雷达 |
[06:54] | For the monsoon? | 因为季风吗 |
[06:55] | Monsoons only happen | 季风只在 |
[06:56] | between May and August. | 五月和八月之间发生 |
[06:57] | Technically, this was a training. | 技术上讲 这是训练 |
[06:59] | A training? | 训练 |
[07:00] | Two storms hitting at the same time, | 两个飓风在同一时间登陆 |
[07:02] | upping the volume of precipitation, | 使降水量大幅上升 |
[07:03] | creating a flash flood. | 造成山洪暴发 |
[07:06] | That’s very impressive. | 真有意思 |
[07:08] | Masters in meteorology and atmospheric sciences, | 为了完成气象学和大气学的硕士学位 |
[07:10] | and I’ve got the student loans to prove it. | 我申请了学生贷款 |
[07:12] | Rainy, do they make you wear that? | 雷尼 是他们让你穿成这样的吗 |
[07:14] | I mean, wouldn’t you want to dress | 我是说 你不想适当的 |
[07:17] | a little bit more conservatively? | 多穿一点吗 |
[07:18] | Well, if I did, I’d be at home watching the girl who didn’t. | 如果那样 就只能在家看别人上镜了 |
[07:21] | And my real name’s not Rainy. | 还有 我真名不叫雷尼[该名字与天气有关] |
[07:24] | It’s a cutthroat business. | 这就是残酷的事实 |
[07:26] | Well, any idea who may have wanted | 知道有谁想割断 |
[07:28] | to cut Theresa’s throat? | 特蕾西的喉咙吗 |
[07:30] | Or neck? | 或者脖子 |
[07:31] | Top of my list would be Ella. | 最有可能的人是埃拉 |
[07:33] | Ella. | 埃拉 |
[07:35] | Is she the field reporter? | 她是现场记者吗 |
[07:37] | Well, Paulsen was grooming Ella to take over the anchor desk. | 保尔森准备让埃拉接替主播的位置 |
[07:40] | But the most trusted bitch in news was not going | 但那个最值得信赖的贱人可不愿意 |
[07:43] | to go quietly into that night. | 就这样默默离开 |
[07:45] | So Ella had the most to gain | 所以如果除掉特蕾西 |
[07:46] | if Theresa was out of the way. | 埃拉获益最大 |
[07:48] | Where was she at the time of the murder? | 谋杀发生时她在哪里 |
[07:50] | Giving a report clear across town. | 在城市的另一端做报道 |
[07:52] | Well, that’s a pretty good alibi. | 很好的不在场证明 |
[07:54] | But in all honesty, it could be anyone. | 不过坦白讲 凶手也可能是任何人 |
[07:58] | Theresa could be brutal. | 特蕾西有时候挺凶残的 |
[08:02] | So she’s really dead? | 那她真的死了 |
[08:03] | Did you get her broomstick as proof? | 找到她的扫帚没[暗示她是女巫] |
[08:05] | You don’t seem very broken up about it. | 你看起来不太伤心 |
[08:07] | That woman made everyone’s life a living hell, | 那个女人让每个人都活在地狱里 |
[08:09] | but my life was her favorite target. | 我的生活是她最喜欢的目标 |
[08:11] | So, Chad, where were you when the lights went out? | 那么 查德 停电时你在哪里 |
[08:13] | I was getting her her coffee, light cream, Truvia. | 给她买她的咖啡 淡奶油 加Truvia糖 |
[08:17] | I was at the vending machine, right there. | 在自动贩卖机那里 就那里 |
[08:17] | Refreshment 提神饮品 | |
[08:20] | How’d you pay for it? | 怎么付的款 |
[08:21] | Credit card. | 信用卡 |
[08:23] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[08:23] | Might have a time-date stamp. | 可能会有消费时戳 |
[08:25] | I’ll need the number to verify. | 我需要核实时间 |
[08:27] | I’d also like to check out | 我还要检查一下 |
[08:28] | the sharp objects that you carry around for work. | 你工作时随身携带的尖锐物品 |
[08:35] | Take your pick. | 随便看 |
[08:39] | You’ve got a lot | 你有很多 |
[08:40] | of sharp tools here, Denny. | 尖锐的工具啊 丹尼 |
[08:43] | My job involves a fair amount of cutting. | 我的工作就是各种剪 |
[08:45] | Wire, cable, carpet, tape. | 电线 电缆 地毯 胶带 |
[08:48] | Each requires a different blade. | 每种都需要不同的刀 |
[08:51] | I’m gonna need to take a swab of your hands. | 我要用棉签擦你的手 |
[08:53] | What does a swab do? | 用棉签干什么 |
[08:55] | We use it to find blood. | 用来找血迹的 |
[09:02] | You think I might have stabbed Theresa. | 你觉得可能是我捅了特蕾西 |
[09:08] | You’re on the list. | 你在怀疑之列 |
[09:09] | I guess that makes sense. | 可以理解 |
[09:21] | No blood. | 没有血迹 |
[09:23] | So… | 那么… |
[09:27] | if you were to stab somebody, | 如果你要捅什么人 |
[09:29] | what would you use? | 你会用什么工具 |
[09:37] | Nothing here. | 这里的都不好 |
[09:39] | Something with a heftier handle so that you can… | 手柄更重的某个东西以便你能… |
[09:45] | Sorry, I didn’t mean to… | 抱歉 我不是有意… |
[09:47] | What do you do here, Denny? | 你在这里做什么 丹尼 |
[09:50] | Lighting, simple I.T. Work, | 照明 简单的信息技术工作 |
[09:52] | and, um… | 还有… |
[09:54] | Listen, you gonna need anything else from me? | 听着 你还需要我做什么吗 |
[09:58] | No, I’m good. | 不 没有了 |
[10:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:04] | Theresa. | 特蕾西 |
[10:07] | Was she in pain | 她出事时… |
[10:07] | when it happened, when… when the knife went in? | 痛苦吗 当… 当那把刀插进去时 |
[10:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:02] | Hey, uh, I think some of the power’s still out there, bud. | 伙计 我觉得外面还有一些电源 |
[11:06] | No, only in the main circuit. | 不 只有主电路有电源 |
[11:08] | Garage runs on a feed | 车库的供电 |
[11:09] | that’s divorced from the rest of the station. | 是跟其余电视台分离的 |
[11:11] | Say, you sure do seem to know a lot about | 看来关于大楼的电力供应 |
[11:14] | the electrical workings of the building. | 你知道得还挺多 |
[11:17] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[11:18] | Robbie. It’s kind of my job to. | 罗比 这就是我的工作 |
[11:22] | Uh, who are you? | 你是谁 |
[11:23] | I’m Nick Stokes with the crime lab. | 我是犯罪实验室的尼克・丝多克斯 |
[11:26] | Is it true about Theresa? | 关于特蕾西 是真的吗 |
[11:29] | Murder? | 谋杀 |
[11:29] | Yes, ma’am, it is. | 是的 女士 是真的 |
[11:31] | We drove back as soon as we heard what happened. | 我们一听说就赶回来了 |
[11:32] | News vans from our competition are | 竞争对手的新闻车 |
[11:34] | already gathered in front of the station. Vultures. | 已经聚集在电视台前面了 一帮贪得无厌的家伙 |
[11:37] | And how well did you two know Ms. Shea? | 你们俩有多了解谢伊女士 |
[11:40] | I’m not sure anyone really knew her. | 我不确定谁真得了解她 |
[11:42] | She kept the world at arm’s length. | 她总是跟人保持距离 |
[11:44] | Saw everyone as a threat. | 把每个人都看作是威胁 |
[11:46] | Would you mind giving us a quick interview | 介意我们就此案 |
[11:48] | about this investigation? If you could do that | 做个快速采访吗 如果你能再说一遍 |
[11:50] | “Yes, ma’am” thing again, that would be great. | “是的 女士” 那就更好了[指答应] |
[11:52] | Robbie, could you get out the camera… | 罗比 你能去拿摄像机… |
[11:53] | No. Actually, I would mind. Sorry. | 不 实际上 我介意 抱歉 |
[11:57] | I know it seems callous, but it is my job. | 我知道看起来很无情 但那是我的工作 |
[12:00] | Well, it is my job to process the crime scene… ma’am. | 我的工作是处理犯罪现场… 女士 |
[12:04] | But if we need anything else, | 但如果我们需要别的 |
[12:05] | we’ll be sure to be in touch, okay? | 一定会联系你们 好吗 |
[12:09] | – Okay. – Right. | -好 -好的 |
[12:24] | 吉尔・葛瑞森 | |
[12:34] | Cheek implants? | 面颊植入物 |
[12:36] | This poor woman was fighting the war against aging | 这个可怜的女人每次都用整形手术 |
[12:39] | one cosmetic procedure at a time. | 和衰老作斗争 |
[12:42] | Scarring and thread from multiple facelifts. | 多次拉皮手术的疤痕和纹路 |
[12:45] | Forehead presents | 前额固定的 |
[12:46] | immobile musculature suggesting Botox. | 肌肉组织 表明是肉毒杆菌 |
[12:49] | Lip and wrinkle fillers, you name it. | 嘴唇和皱纹填充剂 你说吧 |
[12:52] | When your looks are married to your career, | 当你的容貌嫁给你的事业 |
[12:53] | it’s job security, I suppose. | 我想 这就是工作保障 |
[12:56] | C.O.D.? | 死因呢 |
[12:57] | Severed brain stem. | 脑干切断 |
[12:59] | Knife wound hit right between | 刀片正好插在后枕骨 |
[13:01] | the occipital bone of the skull and atlas, C1. | 和颈椎骨第一节之间 |
[13:04] | Spinal cord was transected at the level | 在延髓的位置 |
[13:05] | of the medulla oblongata, effectively disconnecting | 横切脊髓 有效地断开了 |
[13:09] | the transmission of signals between the brain and the body. | 脑部和身体的信号传输 |
[13:13] | So not just lucky, good. | 所以不仅仅是运气好 |
[13:14] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[13:16] | Any idea of the murder weapon? | 知道凶器是什么吗 |
[13:18] | We did find bruising at the entrance of the wound. | 我们在伤口上找到挫伤 |
[13:22] | You know, it kind of looks like one of those guards | 你知道 看起来有点像 |
[13:25] | that you see on folding utility knives. | 多功能折叠刀的护柄 |
[13:26] | It’s a single-edged blade | 是单刃刀 |
[13:28] | and a sharp one at that. | 还是很锋利的那种 |
[13:29] | Some sort of | 还有某种 |
[13:30] | viscous green paste in the wound track? | 绿色粘物粘在了伤痕上 |
[13:32] | Any idea what that is? | 知道是什么吗 |
[13:33] | Well, it is not biological. | 不是生物物质 |
[13:36] | Looks like a job for David Hodges. | 应该是大卫・霍奇斯的工作了 |
[13:46] | Hello, Russell. | 你好 罗素 |
[13:47] | Hey. I’ve been following the dedicated power line | 我一直跟随内华达平原电力 |
[13:50] | that goes between Nevada Flats Power and KVKC, | 和KVKC之间的专用电源线 |
[13:54] | trying to figure out why the power went out. | 试图查明断电原因 |
[13:56] | You finding anything interesting? | 找到可疑的东西了吗 |
[13:59] | It’s more about what I didn’t find. | 比我没找到的还多 |
[14:01] | Transformer about a quarter mile | 距离电视台四分之一英里的 |
[14:04] | from the station got blown to bits. | 变压器炸成了碎片 |
[14:05] | Well, those transformers can be volatile, | 那些变压器很不稳定 |
[14:07] | particularly in wet weather. | 特别是在雨天 |
[14:08] | Maybe it was some sort of a malfunction. | 可能是某种故障 |
[14:10] | Yeah, well, that’s what I thought at first, too, | 是 起初我也这么想 |
[14:12] | but then I found remains | 但我在碎片里 |
[14:13] | of explosive material in the debris. | 发现残留的爆炸物 |
[14:16] | Hold on a second, will ya? | 等一下 好吗 |
[14:29] | Oh, yeah, I just found parts of a cell phone. | 我刚找到一部手机的残骸 |
[14:31] | This is definitely not an accident. | 这绝对不是意外 |
[14:33] | So this murder wasn’t a crime of opportunity. | 所以这起谋杀不是临时起意 |
[14:35] | No, no, no. | 不 不是的 |
[14:36] | This was patient. This was planned. | 这是长期的 计划好的 |
[14:50] | What kind of device are we looking at? | 我们有什么发现吗 |
[14:52] | Well, I got some nitroglycerine and some wax paper. | 我找到些硝化甘油还有些蜡纸 |
[14:57] | Figuring the former was wrapped in the latter. | 这么看来前者被后者包着 |
[14:59] | You got to know an awful lot about explosives | 你得对炸药极其了解 |
[15:00] | to mess with dynamite. | 才能摆弄炸药 |
[15:01] | So we’re looking for someone in | 所以我们要找的人 |
[15:03] | construction, demolition, ex-military. | 是建筑师 爆破拆除专家或者是退役军人 |
[15:06] | Cell phone. | 这部手机 |
[15:07] | Cheap-looking components. Could be a burner. | 看起来很便宜的零件 可能是火源 |
[15:11] | Remote detonator? | 遥控起爆器吗 |
[15:12] | Welcome to the hurt locker. | 欢迎来到拆弹部队 |
[15:14] | As long as the phone has enough juice, | 只要手机有足够的电量 |
[15:17] | the device can sit and wait. | 这个装置就可以静静等着 |
[15:20] | Until it gets a call to action. | 直到接到电话激活它 |
[15:26] | Well, why don’t I take the phone. | 不如我来化验下手机 |
[15:29] | Maybe I’ll get lucky | 也许我够幸运 |
[15:30] | and be able to pull a print or two. | 能找到一两枚指纹 |
[15:31] | I’ll see if I can salvage some date/shift code | 我看看能不能从炸药纸的残余中 |
[15:34] | from the remnants of the dynamite paper. | 修复一些数据或者移位码 |
[15:50] | 美国制造 当心爆炸 | |
[16:14] | Hey, Hodges, got anything on the coffee cup | 霍奇斯 在咖啡杯上发现什么没 |
[16:16] | – Nick found in the garage? – I do. | -就是尼克在车库找到的那个 -有发现 |
[16:18] | Aside from a bold French roast, | 除了有法式面包残留外 |
[16:20] | I found trace of water, salt and urea. | 我发现了水 盐和尿素的成分 |
[16:24] | Someone peed in Theresa’s cup? | 有人在特蕾西的杯子里撒尿吗 |
[16:25] | Or they’re test-marketing | 要不就是他们在试售 |
[16:26] | a horrible new nondairy sweetener. | 一种可怕的新型不含奶的甜味剂 |
[16:29] | I think I know who’s behind this. | 我想我知道这是谁干的了 |
[16:31] | Theresa’s assistant Chad. | 特蕾西的助理查德 |
[16:33] | I thought he might have | 我以为他对她的恨 |
[16:34] | hated her enough to kill her, but I guess he had | 足以让他杀了她 但是我想他脑海里 |
[16:37] | a smaller-scale revenge plan in mind. | 也就想到个小规模的复仇计划 |
[16:38] | Still. Ew. | 还是很恶心 |
[16:40] | What about the green paste | 那萨拉在受害者伤口上 |
[16:41] | Sara found in the victim’s wound? | 发现的绿色膏状物呢 |
[16:42] | Ah. Chromium oxide. | 是氧化铬 |
[16:44] | 铬膏 | |
[16:44] | To sharpen knives and razors | 用来在皮革片上 |
[16:46] | on pieces of leather. | 磨小刀和剃须刀的 |
[16:49] | The piece of leather | 这片皮革 |
[16:50] | is called a “Strop.” | 叫”磨刀皮带” |
[16:51] | And the method of sharpening is called “Stropping.” | 这种快刀的方法叫做”磨” |
[16:54] | You’d take a razor with an imperfect edge, | 你拿一把刀刃钝了的剃须刀 |
[16:56] | and begin stropping. | 然后开始磨 |
[16:59] | The leather hugs the blade’s edge as the grit from | 皮革紧贴着刀刃然后氧化铬的砂砾 |
[17:02] | the chromium oxide tears away any imperfections and burrs, | 就会把不光滑有毛边的地方磨掉 |
[17:06] | leaving our slasher of Seville with | 给我们那位凶手 |
[17:08] | a sharper-than-sharp blade. | 留下一个更尖锐锋利的刀刃 |
[17:10] | Something Theresa Shea knew all too well. | 这事儿特蕾西・谢伊最擅长了[strop亦有易怒坏脾气之意] |
[17:15] | I’m sorry to bother you with this. | 很抱歉因为这个来打扰你们 |
[17:16] | Oh, it’s no bother. | 没事儿 |
[17:17] | You said that it might be important to our investigation. | 你说这可能对我们的调查很重要 |
[17:19] | And it might be nothing, but I wanted to make sure you saw it. | 还有可能没什么用 但我还是想给你们看一下 |
[17:23] | – Should be good to go. – Thank you. | -这样做最好 -谢谢 |
[17:28] | This is tape of the newscast | 这是谋杀发生前的 |
[17:29] | from right before the murder. | 新闻录像带 |
[17:31] | Ella was giving her remote report | 埃拉正在远程报道 |
[17:32] | just after 11:00 P.M. Pacific. | 刚刚过了太平洋时间晚上11点[美洲常用时区] |
[17:34] | And this is our Doppler radar from the same time. | 然后这是同一时候我们的多普勒雷达 |
[17:37] | Two storm fronts crashing into one another. | 两场暴风雨的锋面撞上 |
[17:37] | 拉斯维加斯 | |
[17:39] | A training. | 真不愧受过训练 |
[17:41] | Our satellite shows | 我们的卫星显示 |
[17:42] | two dense storms covering the sky comprehensively. | 两场密集的暴风雨把天空完全遮盖住了 |
[17:44] | No light breaking through anywhere. | 光线不可能穿透到任何地方 |
[17:47] | But if you look behind Ella in the shot… | 但是如果你看镜头里埃拉的背后 |
[17:50] | You can see the moon. | 你能看到月亮 |
[17:51] | Which wouldn’t be possible | 这是不可能的 |
[17:52] | if the clouds were as dense as your Doppler suggests | 如果乌云在直播时像雷达显示得 |
[17:54] | at the time of broadcast. | 那么密集的话 |
[17:56] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[17:57] | I think this tape was made before | 我认为这卷带子是在 |
[17:58] | the two fronts trained into one. | 两个锋面撞击之前录好的 |
[18:00] | So you’re saying Ella wasn’t broadcasting live? | 所以你想说埃拉没有现场直播 |
[18:02] | But she was having a conversation with Theresa. | 但是她在和特蕾西对话啊 |
[18:05] | No, she didn’t, remember? | 她没有 不记得啦 |
[18:07] | Rainy, can you play the tape? | 雷尼 能播下带子吗 |
[18:09] | Uh, Theresa, I’m having trouble hearing you, | 特蕾西 我听不到你讲话 |
[18:11] | so let me just report what I know. | 所以我就报道一下我所了解到的情况 |
[18:14] | How long before the murder do you think this was recorded? | 你认为这是在凶杀多久前录好的 |
[18:16] | Ballpark? | 大约多久 |
[18:17] | Maybe a couple of hours. | 可能几个小时前吧 |
[18:19] | Is there any way to confirm this? | 有什么方法证实这个吗 |
[18:21] | I don’t know of any. | 我不太清楚 |
[18:23] | I know who we can talk to. | 我知道可以问谁 |
[18:32] | Hi, Denny. | 你好 丹尼 |
[18:33] | Uh, hope I’m not interrupting. | 希望没打扰你 |
[18:35] | I have a technical question. | 我有个技术问题 |
[18:38] | Well, you’ve come to the right place. | 那你算找对人了 |
[18:41] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:42] | So, is it possible to prerecord | 有没有可能在你们的一辆直播车上 |
[18:46] | a report in one of your remote vans, | 事先录好一段报导 |
[18:48] | and then send it to newsroom as if it were live? | 然后把它当成直播一样发送到新闻编辑部 |
[18:51] | I suppose so. | 我想是可以的 |
[18:53] | You’d have to fool the internal clocks on the van side. | 你得先骗过直播车那边的内频 |
[18:55] | And what about on this end? | 那我们这边呢 |
[18:56] | Is there any way of telling | 有没有什么方法可以知道 |
[18:57] | if a van is not where a reporter might say it is? | 一辆直播车没有在记者所说的地方 |
[19:03] | Yes. | 有 |
[19:04] | Yes, there is. | 对 有方法的 |
[19:07] | Here, ma’am. | 请坐 小姐 |
[19:19] | This is from last night. | 这图是昨天晚上的 |
[19:20] | – What am I looking at? – Oh, T.O.C. | -你让我看的是什么 -是T.O.C |
[19:22] | Transmission Operations Control. | 传输控制中心 |
[19:24] | It’s like an air traffic controller | 就像是空中交通指挥员 |
[19:25] | for all our microwave signals. | 控制我们所有的微波信号 |
[19:27] | And how many signals do you have? | 那你们有多少个信号 |
[19:30] | Four remote vans | 四辆直播车 |
[19:31] | times 11 towers all over Clark county. | 乘以克拉克地区遍布的11座信号塔 |
[19:33] | A lot of signal permutations. | 大量排列组合的信号 |
[19:36] | Wow, I had no idea how complex this all was. | 我不知道这有那么复杂 |
[19:38] | FCC rules are a bitch. | 联邦通信委员会定的规则很恶心 |
[19:42] | The guy in the van finds the strongest signal path | 直播车上的人发现最强的信号路径 |
[19:45] | and beams the microwaves to the signal tower | 然后把微波传送到信号塔 |
[19:47] | where it is amplified and rerouted back here | 信号塔把它放大然后改变路径传送到这儿 |
[19:50] | to our broadcast center. | 我们的直播中心 |
[19:52] | And when the signal comes back, | 然后当信号传送回来的时候 |
[19:54] | it lets us know where it’s been. | 我们就能知道它是哪儿的信号 |
[19:55] | So when Theresa was killed, | 所以特蕾西被杀的时候 |
[19:59] | were Ella and her cameraman where they said they were? | 埃拉和她的摄影师在她们所说的地方吗 |
[20:01] | Actually… no. | 实际上 没有 |
[20:04] | If the van was here, | 如果直播车在这儿的话 |
[20:06] | the tower they transmitted to | 她们传送信号的信号塔 |
[20:08] | is at an impossible angle. | 在一个不可能的角度 |
[20:09] | There’s a whole mountain in the way. | 这一路上都是山脉 |
[20:12] | Why would they lie? | 他们为什么要说谎 |
[20:14] | It’s a good question. | 这问题问得好 |
[20:20] | Um, where’s Robbie? | 罗比在哪儿 |
[20:21] | I thought you were talking to him, too. | 我以为你也要和他谈谈呢 |
[20:23] | My friend Nick is talking to him in the next room. | 我朋友尼克在隔壁和他谈呢 |
[20:25] | Just there behind the mirror. | 就在镜子后面 |
[20:30] | Tonight, on KVKC News with Theresa Shea. | 今晚 收看特蕾西・谢伊带来的KVKC新闻 |
[20:35] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[20:36] | That is the opening of your newscast two weeks ago. | 这是两周前你们的新闻联播的开头 |
[20:39] | Welcome to the KVKC Local News at 11:00. | 欢迎11点收看KVKC本地新闻 |
[20:42] | I’m Theresa Shea. | 我是特蕾西・谢伊 |
[20:43] | And I’m Ella St. James. | 我是埃拉・圣・詹姆斯 |
[20:45] | Our top story tonight, Bobby Reed, | 今晚我们的头条新闻是鲍比・里德[第九集剧情人物] |
[20:47] | son of Dennis Reed, | 丹尼斯・里德的儿子 |
[20:48] | pleads guilty to drug charges and… | 承认吸毒还有… |
[20:53] | Congratulations. Co-anchor. | 恭喜啊 联合主持人 |
[20:55] | Don’t congratulate me; it didn’t last. | 用不着恭喜我 我又没做下去 |
[20:57] | No, it didn’t, did it? | 是没做下去 不是吗 |
[20:59] | Just last week, you were back out in the field | 就在上周 你又重新回到外景 |
[21:00] | and it was the Theresa show all over again. | 而这又是特蕾西一个人的舞台了 |
[21:04] | What changed? | 怎么回事 |
[21:06] | Honestly, I don’t know. | 说实话 我不知道 |
[21:08] | It felt like Paulsen was grooming me to take over. | 感觉是保尔森想让我去主持的 |
[21:11] | I know Theresa felt the same. | 我知道特蕾西也这么觉得 |
[21:13] | I still have the claw marks. | 毕竟我也没有十全十美 |
[21:16] | So he demoted you back into the field? | 所以他降你的职让你重新回到外景 |
[21:19] | I was actually fired once. | 我其实也被炒过一次 |
[21:21] | Really drove me crazy. | 真得把我惹毛了 |
[21:23] | I think if I was demoted, | 我想如果我被降职了 |
[21:25] | I don’t know what I would have done. | 我真不知道我会做出什么事儿 |
[21:28] | Don’t worry about what’s going on in there. | 别去操心那边的情况了 |
[21:30] | Worry about what’s going on in here. | 自己这边上点心吧 |
[21:33] | This is your T.O.C. Report from the news station. | 这是你新闻站的传输操作报告 |
[21:38] | Okay. | 嗯 |
[21:39] | It tells me you weren’t where you said you were | 报告内容显示你播报时所在位置 |
[21:41] | when you were broadcasting. | 与你之前所说的并不相符 |
[21:44] | Do I need a lawyer? | 我有必要请律师吗 |
[21:44] | It doesn’t matter to me. | 我无所谓的 |
[21:46] | I’ll just ask your boss | 我可以直接问你上司 |
[21:47] | if it’s possible to prerecord a live news segment. | 有没有预先录制现场新闻报道的可能 |
[21:51] | I think we both know what he’s gonna say. | 我想我们都清楚他会怎么回答吧 |
[21:53] | Of course I fantasized about killing Theresa. | 我之前的确幻想过杀掉特蕾西 |
[21:58] | But I wouldn’t. | 但我不会真那么做 |
[22:00] | It’s not who I am. Not why I got into news. | 我不是那种人 我踏入新闻界也不是为了做这种事 |
[22:03] | So, it was an ethical thing? | 所以是和职业道德有关吗 |
[22:05] | For starters. | 在对待业内新人方面 |
[22:06] | And, uh, falsifying a news report? | 那么伪造新闻报道呢 |
[22:09] | It was a weather stand up. | 这是一则天气现场报道 |
[22:10] | Soaking-wet fluff– they should’ve sent Rainy. | 还是全身湿透的那种 他们应该派雷尼去 |
[22:12] | But they sent you. | 但他们派了你去 |
[22:14] | Why? | 为什么 |
[22:15] | Not “They”– Theresa. | 不是”他们” 是特蕾西 |
[22:17] | She felt threatened, | 她感到备受威胁 |
[22:19] | so she alpha-femaled me. | 认为我是头号竞争对手 |
[22:21] | It was a big “Screw you” to Ella. | 简直就是在跟埃拉说”你去死吧” |
[22:22] | Nobody challenged Theresa. | 此前没人能动摇特蕾西地位的 |
[22:24] | Not even Paulsen. | 保尔森都不行 |
[22:25] | So, you faked your news report, | 所以你伪造了新闻报道 |
[22:27] | fabricated an alibi, | 伪造了不在场证明 |
[22:28] | snuck into the station… | 偷偷摸摸进了新闻站 |
[22:30] | No. | 不对 |
[22:32] | I mean, yes. | 算半对吧 |
[22:33] | We were sneaking, | 我们是在偷偷摸摸 |
[22:35] | but… for a very different reason. | 不过 是在干另外一件事 |
[22:38] | Robby and I, | 罗比和我 |
[22:40] | we worked closely together. | 因工作走得近 |
[22:42] | We got closer. | 我们越走越近 |
[22:45] | Physical. | 直到发生关系 |
[22:47] | Don’t get me wrong, I’m married… | 别误会 我已结婚 |
[22:48] | And she loves her husband. | 她也很爱她丈夫 |
[22:50] | I get that. | 我能理解 |
[22:52] | But when we found the time, we would try to… | 但有时间的话 我们就会想办法 |
[22:54] | Step away, every once in a while. | 开溜 就时不时地 |
[22:56] | So when the rain gig came up, | 编完了雨夜报道之后 |
[22:59] | we played hooky. | 我们就逃班了 |
[23:00] | Went to our usual spot. | 去了老地方 |
[23:01] | To the King’s Bridge Motel… | 国王桥汽车旅馆 |
[23:04] | on D Street. | 在D街 |
[23:05] | That’s fairly close to the tower you broadcast from. | 离你们播报塔倒是近得很 |
[23:08] | Well… | 你懂的 |
[23:09] | I’d ask you for a receipt, but, uh… | 按例是该问你要收据的 不过 |
[23:12] | It’s not exactly a receipt hotel. | 这种酒店是不开收据的 |
[23:15] | So, Ella, if you didn’t do it, | 埃拉 如果不是你杀的 |
[23:17] | maybe you could helps with who did. | 也许你能为我们提供线索 |
[23:20] | I don’t know who. | 我不知道凶手是谁 |
[23:24] | But maybe I know why. | 但我也许知道杀人动机 |
[23:27] | Theresa was working on something. | 特蕾西死前在做调查 |
[23:29] | A story, a big one, I think. | 一个报道 我猜是个很有料的报道 |
[23:31] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[23:32] | I started noticing that she would take her journal | 我渐渐察觉到她常随身带着日记 |
[23:34] | and her bag with her, even to the restroom. | 和她的包 去厕所都要带着 |
[23:36] | Maybe she was just paranoid. | 也许她只是有点神经质呢 |
[23:38] | She was on a story. | 她就是在调查报道 |
[23:40] | Despite our differences, Theresa and I were birds of a feather. | 尽管有不一样 但我俩有些地方挺像的 |
[23:45] | And back in her day, she was a hell of | 在她的辉煌时期 她可是 |
[23:46] | an investigative reporter. | 一个超级牛的调查记者 |
[23:50] | She was kind of my idol. | 我都有点把她当偶像呢 |
[23:51] | Well, I did look all through her work computer, | 我也看了她工作用的电脑 |
[23:53] | and I really didn’t find anything out of the ordinary. | 并没发现任何异常 |
[23:56] | If it were me, I’d keep it all at home. | 要是我做秘密调查 我会在家里弄 |
[24:16] | – Nice digs. – Boy, I’ll say. | -房子真不赖啊 -我也这么觉得 |
[24:21] | Guess it pays a lot better to report crime | 说话得可比干活得[播报案件与破案] |
[24:25] | than it does to solve it. | 赚得多得多呢 |
[24:26] | Well, you could say that about any job. | 这句话可套用所有事业 |
[24:28] | Except crime– I heard it doesn’t pay. | 就是罪案不适用 听说破案可没钱赚 |
[24:32] | Warrant served. | 搜查令签到了 |
[24:33] | Okay, so… Theresa’s working on some big secret story, right? | 特蕾西在调查惊人的秘密报道 对吗 |
[24:37] | Where does she keep it? | 她会把资料放哪里呢 |
[24:38] | Not in the living room, seems untouched. | 不在起居室 看起来都没人碰过 |
[24:41] | Theresa Shea lived alone. | 特蕾西・谢伊独居 |
[24:44] | – Right? – Divorced, three times. | -没错吧 -离婚了 三次 |
[24:45] | Well, I know when I take work home, | 如果我把工作带回家做 |
[24:47] | sometimes it’ll make its way into the bedroom. | 有时不知不觉就带进卧室里了 |
[24:50] | Yeah, but you’re not single, you’re married. | 嗯 可你又不是单身 你结婚了 |
[24:53] | Yeah, but, um… | 是啊 但是… |
[24:55] | my place often looks a lot like this. | 我家也常常就像这个样子 |
[25:16] | Okay, maybe not exactly like this. | 好吧 也许并不一样 |
[25:19] | Russell? | 罗素 |
[25:21] | I think I just found what we’re looking for. | 我大概找到我们要找的东西了 |
[25:25] | Oh, my. | 天呐 |
[25:26] | Theresa was certainly into something. | 特蕾西真的是在搞调查 |
[25:28] | Like she was obsessed. | 走火入魔般地 |
[25:30] | Good chance this obsession is what got her killed. | 很可能这种执着招致杀身之祸 |
[25:44] | Theresa Shea earned her stripes as an investigative reporter. | 特蕾西・谢伊当调查记者时很有一套 |
[25:48] | Looks like she’s still got it. Or had it. | 看样子她是宝刀未老啊 |
[25:51] | News clippings, Internet articles. | 新闻剪报 网络文章 |
[25:53] | I got copies of police reports | 我发现一些标注过的警局报告 |
[25:55] | all marked up and lots of arson reports. | 和一堆纵火案报告 |
[25:58] | All these clippings are about a series of unsolved warehouse | 所有剪报都是关于一宗连环仓库纵火悬案 |
[26:01] | and store fires on the east side 17 years ago. | 发生在17年前的东区 |
[26:04] | Why is a superficial nip-tuck diva | 为什么一个肤浅的整容天后 |
[26:07] | digging into cold cases about a firebug? | 要调查陈年纵火案呢 |
[26:09] | She wasn’t digging, she was excavating. | 她岂止是调查啊 简直是掘地三尺 |
[26:11] | Yeah, but why was she so invested? | 是啊 但为什么如此感兴趣 |
[26:14] | She didn’t need the story to advance her career. Right? | 她已经不需要靠报道往上爬了 对吗 |
[26:17] | Yet, she spent all her time here. | 没错 她把所有时间都用在了这 |
[26:21] | She ate all her meals in here, too. | 吃饭也都在这 |
[26:23] | Living alone can drive you a little crazy. | 独居是会让人有点小疯狂的 |
[26:27] | Yeah, well, | 好吧 但是 |
[26:28] | there’s crazy and then there’s Colonel Kurtz crazy. | 那也不能像库尔兹上校那种疯法[电影”现代启示录”人物] |
[26:34] | Maybe she wasn’t always alone. | 也许也不是一直一个人 |
[26:37] | One of these wine glasses is wearing lipstick | 一只酒杯有口红印 |
[26:39] | and the other isn’t. | 另一只没有 |
[26:40] | Wonder who our mystery date is. | 不知道我们的神秘来宾是谁呢 |
[26:42] | I’ll get them to Henry. | 我带回去给亨利 |
[26:49] | Reporter’s notebook. | 记者的笔记本 |
[26:51] | Maybe this can help us make | 也许它能帮我们理清这一堆 |
[26:52] | sense out of all this organized chaos. | 看似混乱的调查体系 |
[26:55] | What is that writing, some kind of shorthand maybe? | 这笔迹是什么 是一种速记法吗 |
[26:58] | Gregg style, to be specific. | 严格说来 是格雷格速记法 |
[27:00] | Haven’t seen that for years. | 多年未见了 |
[27:03] | Our victim’s very old school. | 本案被害人还挺复古的 |
[27:06] | I suppose some of our answers might be here. | 我猜这些内容能提供部分线索 |
[27:14] | You must be running on fumes. | 你肯定累坏了吧 |
[27:16] | You should go home. | 该回家休息休息了 |
[27:17] | Home is where the coded notebook is. | 破译笔记内容就等于在家休息 |
[27:30] | Have you talked to him since the NTSB guy? | 在运安委那人之后你还跟他谈过吗 |
[27:32] | Nothing happened with NTSB. | 我跟运安委那人没什么 |
[27:36] | How come you can’t pick up the phone? | 那你为什么不接电话 |
[27:38] | Because I feel like when I do, | 因为我觉得接了电话 |
[27:40] | I’m gonna be very sad when I hang up. | 在挂电话时我就会很难过 |
[27:44] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[27:45] | ‘Cause he wants to talk. | 因为他想谈谈 |
[27:49] | Want some help? | 要我帮忙吗 |
[27:51] | Oh, that’s… that’s really nice. | 谢谢你这么说 |
[27:53] | You should go home, have some fun. | 你该回家去 放松享受一下 |
[27:55] | This is fun. | 我这就是在享受 |
[27:56] | I’m really good at crosswords. | 我可是填字游戏的高手 |
[27:59] | Yeah, okay. | 那好吧 |
[28:01] | Uh, so Gregg style shorthand is written phonetically. | 格雷格速记法靠语音来记词 |
[28:05] | “Cat” Is “K-a-t,” Knee is “N-e.” | Cat写作K-a-t Knee写作N-e |
[28:08] | Soft consonants like “Ch” | “Ch”和”Sh”这类软辅音[常见于小语种] |
[28:10] | and “Sh” are written horizontally. | 就横向标示 |
[28:13] | And hard consonants like “T” And “D” are written downward. | “T”和”D”这类硬辅音就朝下写 |
[28:16] | Like this. | 就像这样 |
[28:19] | And vowel sounds are curves and circles. | 元音就是曲线和圆圈 |
[28:23] | Okay, let’s crack the code. | 好的 我们来破译吧 |
[28:26] | All right. | 好 |
[28:57] | 纵火犯仍在逃 | |
[29:00] | 17 years ago, | 17年前 |
[29:02] | a series of warehouse arsons | 在家具区发生的一宗连环 |
[29:03] | in the furniture district baffled investigators. | 纵火案令调查者们无从破获 |
[29:05] | Cases were unsolved and put on ice. | 最终成为搁置的悬案 |
[29:08] | But Theresa dug up lab reports, | 但特蕾西查出了实验报告 |
[29:10] | which pointed to dynamite and wax paper, | 报告记载了炸药和蜡纸 |
[29:12] | and that looks an awful lot like a 17-year-old version | 的确很符合17年前可用于 |
[29:15] | of what blew that power transformer. | 炸掉变压器的作案工具 |
[29:17] | Do we have a clue as to who would’ve made either device? | 我们有没有线索查出制造装置的人 |
[29:20] | No, but Theresa did. | 没有 但特蕾西有 |
[29:21] | She referenced in her journal someone named “G.H.” | 她的笔记中提到一个名叫”G.H.”的人 |
[29:24] | He was a demolitions expert, | 他是个爆破专家 |
[29:26] | uh, storied career in the military. | 在部队服过役 |
[29:27] | – He’s now working as… – a motivational speaker. | -现在的工作是… -励志演说家 |
[29:30] | Didn’t you just investigate a fire? | 你是不是刚接了个纵火案 |
[29:31] | Yes, I did– Garrett Howard. | 是的 加勒特・霍华德 |
[29:33] | He was a retired military munitions expert. | 他是一名退役军火专家 |
[29:36] | – So, where’s he now? – He’s downstairs. | -那他现在在哪 -就在楼下 |
[29:44] | Anything of note with Mr. Howard? | 霍华德先生身上有什么收获 |
[29:46] | Well, most people die in fires | 大部分火灾受害者 |
[29:48] | from smoke inhalation, not burns. | 都死于浓烟窒息 并非大火 |
[29:50] | But take a look at this lung. | 可你看他的肺 |
[29:54] | Very clean. He didn’t die from the fire. | 非常干净 他不是被烧死的 |
[29:56] | Nope. | 没错 |
[29:58] | Did you, by chance, | 你有没有…正好 |
[30:00] | find anything on the back of his neck? | 在他脖子后方发现什么 |
[30:02] | Your instincts are good as always. | 你的直觉真灵 |
[30:04] | Come on around here. | 过来帮我一把 |
[30:10] | There, we got it. | 你看这里 |
[30:12] | Knife wound right between the occipital bone of the skull | 枕骨与第一节颈椎中间 |
[30:16] | and atlas, C1. | 有一道刀伤 |
[30:17] | Consistent with the murder of Theresa Shea. | 与Theresa Shea的死因相吻合 |
[30:20] | – Yeah, right down to the green paste. – Mm-hmm. | -还粘着绿色软膏 -是的 |
[30:24] | In related news, there has been a rash of vandalism | 近段时间 拉斯维加斯各处地标建筑 |
[30:26] | across Las Vegas landmarks. | 都出现人为毁坏的情况 |
[30:28] | With the latest hijinks taking place at the Palermo fountain… | 最近又有人在巴勒莫喷泉处举行狂欢 |
[30:32] | Yesterday’s news? | 在看昨天的新闻吗 |
[30:34] | And the day before and the day before that. | 还有前天和大前天的 |
[30:37] | Trying to make sense out of this whole | 我试图从这个孤军奋战的 |
[30:39] | dysfunctional family of a news team. | 单人新闻团队中理清一点头绪 |
[30:43] | Theresa sucked up a lot of oxygen. | 特蕾西呼吸很频繁 |
[30:44] | I just want to see if any of her siblings | 因此我查了查她的兄弟姐妹中 |
[30:46] | look a little short of breath. | 是否存在呼吸问题 |
[30:48] | – Any luck? – No. | -有收获吗 -没有 |
[30:49] | – You? – A little bit. | -你呢 -有一点 |
[30:51] | Theresa was investigating a cold case. | 特蕾西正在调查一起悬案 |
[30:53] | It was serial arson. | 是一起连环纵火案 |
[30:55] | Those famous fires in the furniture district | 史上著名的多起发生在家具区的火灾 |
[30:57] | were started by an explosive device | 都是以爆炸装置点火 |
[30:59] | that lead us to a current case. | 与新的一起纵火案相同 |
[31:01] | Which one’s that? | 哪一起案子 |
[31:02] | Finlay’s dead motivational speaker. | 芬恩利正在查的励志演讲家死亡案 |
[31:04] | Turns out, he was a demolitions expert. | 结果证明 死者是个爆破专家 |
[31:06] | And he specialized in the type of devices | 那些出现在各个纵火现场的设备 |
[31:08] | that were all found at those old arson sites– | 正是他的特长所在 |
[31:11] | dynamite with a remote trigger. | 即远程遥控的炸药 |
[31:13] | Rings a bell. | 听起来很耳熟 |
[31:14] | And… | 还有 |
[31:15] | best that I can tell, the device was a precursor | 据我了解 这个装置就是你在变压器 |
[31:17] | to the explosive device that you found at the transformer. | 附近找到的引爆装置 |
[31:21] | Okay, so the guy 17 years ago builds incendiary devices | 也就是说 17年前 他制造了许多 |
[31:24] | to start fires, then nothing. | 纵火装置 然后销声匿迹 |
[31:27] | Then he blows up a transformer. | 如今再次出现 炸了个变压器 |
[31:29] | Why’d he start up again now? | 为什么他要重操旧业呢 |
[31:31] | The similarities don’t end there. | 相同之处还不只这些 |
[31:35] | Guy’s wound track has the same green paste | 死者的刀伤上粘有绿色软膏 |
[31:38] | as we found in Theresa’s pithing. | 和特蕾西后颈上一样 |
[31:40] | So we’re looking at a locked-room mystery, | 我们调查的密室谋杀案 |
[31:42] | tucked into an enigma, | 结果扑朔迷离 |
[31:43] | wrapped in dynamite paper. | 还扯上了爆炸案 |
[31:45] | You can say that again. | 颇有同感 |
[31:51] | Hey, Sara. | 嗨 萨拉 |
[31:52] | Let me ask you something. | 我问你点事 |
[31:54] | How you doing? You all right? | 你最近还好吗 |
[31:56] | I’m fine. | 我挺好啊 |
[31:58] | Well, you just seemed a little bit down | 我们在特蕾西家里时 |
[32:01] | when we were at Theresa’s place. | 你看起来有点沮丧 |
[32:03] | Um, I don’t know, uh, | 我也不懂 |
[32:05] | woman married to her career without much to show for it. | 看到一个女人只有事业 没有其它时 |
[32:09] | It’s a little depressing. | 感觉有点压抑 |
[32:13] | Yeah, uh… | 确实 |
[32:15] | I don’t mean to pry, but… | 我不是有意问你什么… |
[32:17] | – Pause right there. – I know, I know. | -暂停一下 -我懂 我懂 |
[32:18] | I’m supposed to be your boss. | 作为你的上司 |
[32:19] | Separation of church and state. | 必须搞清楚公私界线 |
[32:20] | No, no, no, hit, uh, pause with the remote, | 不是 我是说按下遥控器的暂停键 |
[32:23] | and-and back it up a little bit. | 退回去一点点 |
[32:29] | There, you see it? | 就那 看到没 |
[32:30] | Map’s not only behind her, it’s on her dress. | 地图不仅在她身后 都粘到她裙子上了 |
[32:33] | I see London, I see France. | 伦敦法国一清二楚 |
[32:36] | There’s only one reason that we’d be able | “地图”在她裙子上上 |
[32:37] | to see that on her dress. | 只有一种可能 |
[32:40] | She’s got a green stain on her. | 她粘到了绿色颜料 |
[32:45] | Well, that’s embarrassing. | 真是太丢人了 |
[32:46] | Worse than that. It’s incriminating. | 还有更糟的 你牵扯上谋杀案了 |
[32:48] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[32:49] | We found a green paste on the body of Theresa | 我们在特蕾西和第二名死者的尸体上 |
[32:51] | and also on a second victim. | 都发现了绿色软膏 |
[32:53] | It’s a compound used for sharpening knives. | 一种用来磨刀的化合物 |
[32:54] | It was used by our killer. | 正是凶手所用 |
[32:56] | Wait a minute, you don’t think… I mean, | 等等 你们怎么不想想 |
[32:59] | why would Rainy have a knife-sharpening paste on her dress? | 雷尼的衣服上怎么会粘上磨刀粉呢 |
[33:02] | Why don’t we let Rainy answer that question. | 这要请雷尼来回答了 |
[33:04] | Well, let’s see. Um, clear skies, red dress, Wednesday. | 我穿红裙子那天 晴天 应该是周三 |
[33:09] | The Doppler network was funky, so I spent most of | 那天多卜勒雷达出了问题 |
[33:12] | my time looking over Denny’s shoulder in his cage while | 大部分时间我都在丹尼的小屋里 |
[33:14] | he was trying to fix the connection. | 等着他修复连接 |
[33:16] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[33:18] | Greg, what’s going on? | 格雷格 怎么了 |
[33:20] | Hey, you’re not gonna believe this. | 真是难以置信 |
[33:21] | I was just sorting through the storied career of Garrett Howard | 我在查加勒特・霍华德的履历时 |
[33:25] | and came across a familiar name: Denny Jones. | 发现一个熟悉的名字: 丹尼・琼斯 |
[33:29] | In what context? | 他们什么关系 |
[33:31] | He was in the military, too, briefly. | 简而言之 丹尼也服过役 |
[33:33] | He got in trouble for stealing supplies. | 他手脚不太干净 |
[33:35] | In and out of the stockade. Short fuse. | 时常翻越围栏 而且脾气不好 |
[33:38] | was deemed unfit for duty. | 部队认定他不适合当兵 |
[33:40] | Received a less-than-honorable discharge. | 就把他开除了 |
[33:42] | So, Denny and Garrett Howard… | 丹尼和加勒特・霍华德… |
[33:44] | Were brothers in arms. | 曾经是战友 |
[33:47] | Where’s Morgan? | 摩根去哪了 |
[33:58] | Denny? | 丹尼 |
[34:04] | Denny! | 丹尼 |
[34:14] | We’ve just seen a man emerge. | 现场突然出现一位男子 |
[34:15] | We don’t know if he works for the station. | 不知道他是否是电视台工作人员 |
[34:19] | Denny. | 丹尼 |
[34:20] | Denny, hey. | 丹尼 听我说 |
[34:24] | I didn’t do anything wrong! | 我没做任何错事 |
[34:26] | Okay, okay, nobody said you did. | 好 好 没人说是你 |
[34:28] | Is that the murder weapon? | 那是凶器吗 |
[34:29] | This is my knife, yes, but it didn’t… | 这是我的刀 但我没有… |
[34:32] | I didn’t kill Theresa! | 我没杀特蕾西 |
[34:33] | – Hey, drop that knife! – Stay away! | -放下刀 -别过来 |
[34:35] | Everybody move back, move back, move back. | 所有人都退后 退后 |
[34:37] | Move your camera. Move! | 把摄影机收起来 马上 |
[34:38] | I didn’t kill Theresa, because she loved me. | 不是我杀的特蕾西 她爱我 |
[34:41] | And I loved her, too! I loved her! | 我也爱她 我们是相爱的 |
[34:42] | I… Get away! | 离我远点 |
[34:44] | Hey, get the cameras out of here! I’m serious! | 把摄影机都收起来 我说真的 |
[34:46] | I believe you. Let us talk about this. | 我相信你 有话好好说 |
[34:48] | No! I will not go back to jail! | 不 我不要坐牢 |
[34:50] | I cannot go back to jail! | 我不能再坐牢了 |
[34:51] | All we want to do is take you in. | 我们只想带你进去 |
[34:52] | – Just gonna go have a conversation. – Stop! | -有事我们慢慢说 -别拍了 |
[34:54] | You drop that knife right now! | 马上把刀放下 |
[34:56] | No, this is just, this is all just too much. | 不 我受够了 |
[34:58] | Denny, listen to me, calm down. | 丹尼 听我说 冷静点 |
[35:00] | You don’t want to do this. | 不要这样做 |
[35:01] | Now come on. Denny… | 听我说 丹尼 |
[35:05] | Denny. Denny. | 丹尼 丹尼 |
[35:11] | No! | 不 |
[35:13] | Wait! Why’d you do that?! | 等等 你为什么要这样 |
[35:16] | – Denny, okay… – Can you see this? | -丹尼 -看到了吗 |
[35:20] | Move back, will ya, please? | 都退后 都给我退后 |
[35:22] | Look at me. I’m here. | 看着我 我在呢 |
[35:24] | I got you. | 我陪着你 |
[35:27] | Move! | 都让开 |
[35:35] | Denny. Denny. | 丹尼 丹尼 |
[35:46] | Unlike lightning, tragedy strikes twice at KVKC. | 转眼之间 KVKC电视台再次发生不幸 |
[35:49] | I’m at the site of yet | 我现在就处于近几日来 |
[35:51] | a second violent death in as many days, | 第二起死亡事件的现场 |
[35:53] | as the news station is rocked to its foundation | 一名谋杀特蕾西・谢伊的嫌疑男子 |
[35:55] | by the suicide of a man | 当场自杀 |
[35:57] | suspected in the murder of Theresa Shea. | 对该电视台产生极大的震动 |
[36:00] | Embroiled in a mystery that keeps on unraveling, | 该台不断卷入神秘谜团 |
[36:03] | authorities have kept quiet thus far, | 至今仍没有官方回应 |
[36:05] | but the man who killed himself | 这位自杀的男子 |
[36:06] | has been identified as Denny Jones. | 名叫丹尼・琼斯 |
[36:09] | So what motivated these events? | 这些事故到底动机如何 |
[36:11] | Psychotic break? Crime of passion? | 精神疾病发作 还是冲动犯罪 |
[36:14] | Until the facts come in, one can only speculate. | 在得到结果之前 我们只能推测 |
[36:19] | Stupid. | 蠢货 |
[36:22] | Okay, okay, okay. | 镇定 镇定 镇定 |
[36:26] | – Boss? – Yeah? | -头儿 -什么事 |
[36:28] | I have an update on the wine glass | 有关特蕾西・谢伊家找到的酒杯 |
[36:30] | we found at Theresa Shea’s. | 我有新发现了 |
[36:31] | Thought you didn’t find a match. | 不是说没找到匹配对象吗 |
[36:32] | No, we didn’t until the knife came in. | 是 不过那时还没发现匕首呢 |
[36:34] | But sweat around the handle matched the DNA on the glass. | 刀柄上的汗液与酒杯上的DNA匹配 |
[36:37] | Denny was sharing wine with Theresa. | 丹尼和特蕾西一起喝了酒 |
[36:40] | And sharing a bed. | 还一起睡了觉呢 |
[36:42] | I found evidence of sexual activity in her sheets. | 我在她的床单上发现了性行为的痕迹 |
[36:45] | Strange bedfellows. | 这一对够特别的 |
[36:46] | Everybody needs somebody. | 人人都有需求嘛 |
[36:48] | But if he was in love, why kill her? | 可他要是爱她 为什么要杀了她 |
[36:51] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[36:53] | Love makes you do all sorts of stupid things. | 爱能让人失去理智 |
[36:57] | You don’t think he did it, do you? | 你不认为是他干的 对吧 |
[36:59] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[37:02] | Okay, this is gonna be fun. | 好了 好戏开始了 |
[37:04] | Now, when we came into this, | 刚接手这案子的时候 |
[37:05] | we had three suspects and no evidence, right? | 我们只有三个嫌疑人 却没证据 对吧 |
[37:08] | Now we got some evidence, | 目前我们掌握了一些证据 |
[37:10] | I want to play a little game. | 我想玩个小游戏 |
[37:12] | Capture the flag. | 夺旗游戏 |
[37:14] | Bear with me. | 别着急 |
[37:16] | Okay, this particular flag | 就这面旗 |
[37:18] | is gonna represent Theresa Shea’s life. | 代表特蕾西・谢伊的生命 |
[37:20] | We’re gonna stick it right here. | 我们把它插在这儿 |
[37:22] | Sara, you’re gonna be playing Theresa. | 萨拉 你扮演特蕾西 |
[37:24] | Three of you are each gonna be playing one of our suspects. | 你们三个各扮演一个嫌犯 |
[37:27] | Now you’ll start from wherever our evidence placed them. | 根据掌握的证据 选择出发点 |
[37:31] | We’ll turn off the lights. | 我们会把灯关掉 |
[37:32] | Whoever can get in, take Theresa’s life | 不管是谁 只要能在20秒内 |
[37:35] | and get out in 20 seconds is our killer. | 夺去特蕾西的生命并逃脱就是凶手 |
[37:41] | 20 seconds to airtime. Are you good? | 离播出开始就20秒 准备好了吗 |
[37:44] | I’m gonna be playing Mr. Paulsen. | 我扮演保尔森先生 |
[37:46] | Sara, you’re my anchor, right? | 萨拉 你就是女主播 明白了吗 |
[37:49] | Alive and well. | 还好着呢 |
[37:49] | Okay, Greg, where are you at? | 好了 格雷格 你在哪里 |
[37:51] | All right, I am at the coffee machine, | 好了 我在咖啡自动售货机这里 |
[37:53] | about to go to the garage and make a deposit. | 然后到车库去给它加点儿料 |
[37:56] | I’m at my Doppler station. | 我在多普勒气象探测站这里 |
[37:57] | I’m monitoring the storm as instructed. | 我正受命观测风暴的情况 |
[38:00] | Computer puts Rainy here until the lights go out. | 电脑记录显示雷尼一直在这儿 直到停电 |
[38:02] | Thank you, Rainy. | 谢谢 雷尼 |
[38:03] | Denny? | 丹尼呢 |
[38:04] | I’m in my cage. | 在我的小房间里 |
[38:06] | Internet activity locks me here until we lose power. | 停电前的上网记录说明我一直在这儿 |
[38:10] | As soon as the lights go out, | 灯一灭 |
[38:11] | I want everyone to try to kill Sara. | 就请各位尽力去刺杀萨拉 |
[38:14] | Ready, set, | 各就各位 |
[38:16] | go. | 开始 |
[38:18] | 19 18 17 19, 18, 17, | |
[38:21] | 16 15 14 16, 15, 14, | |
[38:23] | 13 12 11 13, 12, 11, | |
[38:26] | 10 9 ten, nine, | |
[38:28] | 8 7 eight, seven, | |
[38:30] | 6 5 six, five, | |
[38:32] | 4 3 four, three, | |
[38:34] | two, one. Lights up. | 2 1 开灯 |
[38:46] | Well, Chad was too far away. | 看来查德离太远了 |
[38:47] | And Denny was, too. | 丹尼也一样 |
[38:49] | Rainy couldn’t get to Theresa. | 雷尼到不了特蕾西那儿 |
[38:50] | None of us made it in time. | 我们没一个人来得及下手 |
[38:52] | Yeah, but… | 没错 不过 |
[38:55] | the flag is gone. | 那面旗不见了 |
[38:58] | Well, who took it then? | 那是谁拿的呢 |
[39:05] | You were all too far away, | 你们全都离得太远了 |
[39:08] | because you were sent too far away by me. | 因为是我把你们打发出去的 |
[39:11] | Detective, did you see me leave this room? | 警探 你看见我离开这个房间了吗 |
[39:13] | No, I did not. | 没有 没看见 |
[39:15] | And as far as everyone in here knew, | 而据这里的每一个人所知 |
[39:16] | Paulsen never left either. | 保尔森也从没离开过这儿 |
[39:18] | Theresa, pull it back. Go three. | 特蕾西 转回来 切3号机 |
[39:20] | Thanks, Ella. | 谢谢 埃拉 |
[39:21] | We’ll try to get that sound sorted out. | 我们会尽快解决信号问题 |
[39:24] | Blew up the power, stepped outside, | 炸掉电力设备 在发电机运转前 |
[39:27] | took care of Theresa, got back in the room | 走出去 干掉特蕾西 |
[39:30] | before the generator kicked on. | 再回到那个房间 |
[39:32] | Theresa, are you okay? | 特蕾西 你没事吧 |
[39:36] | Do these… articles look familiar to you? | 这些文章看着眼熟吗 |
[39:42] | Yeah, let me give you a hint– | 行了 给你个提示 |
[39:43] | the A.P. credits the photographs to a younger you. | 美联社称这些照片都是你年轻时的大作 |
[39:47] | Yeah. I took pictures of the furniture district fires. | 没错 家具区火灾那会儿我去拍过照 |
[39:51] | You know, they never caught that guy. | 那家伙一直没落网吧 |
[39:53] | Never say never. | 别把话说死了 |
[39:54] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 什么意思 |
[39:55] | You know what? | 这样吧 |
[39:56] | Let’s talk about your old pal, Garrett Howard. | 我们谈谈你的老朋友 加勒特・霍华德 |
[39:59] | The one who liked to play with dynamite. | 那个喜欢玩炸药的家伙 |
[40:00] | I don’t know a Garrett Howard. | 我不认识什么加勒特・霍华德 |
[40:02] | Really? | 是吗 |
[40:03] | And yet, you did a whole profile on him | 可你不是在一期新闻节目中 |
[40:05] | on one of your news shows. | 对他进行过全面介绍吗 |
[40:07] | What was it called? Uh… | 什么节目来着 |
[40:09] | “Army demolition expert turns motivational speaker.” | “军队爆破专家向励志演说家的蜕变” |
[40:13] | That’s a hell of a favor to do | 对一个素不相识的人来说 |
[40:14] | for somebody you don’t know. | 还真是卖了个大人情啊 |
[40:15] | And not the only favor. | 还不止卖了这一个人情呢 |
[40:16] | You also hired his hapless army buddy, Denny Jones. | 你还雇了他的倒霉战友丹尼・琼斯 |
[40:20] | So he gave you the job as a favor to a friend? | 所以他看着朋友的面子 给了你一份工作 |
[40:24] | How does that work? | 这是怎么回事 |
[40:25] | Um, Garrett said Paulsen owes him his life. | 加勒特说保尔森欠他一条命 |
[40:28] | Any idea why? | 知道为什么吗 |
[40:29] | Denny and Theresa together. Wow. | 丹尼竟然和特蕾西在一起 |
[40:32] | I didn’t see that coming. | 真是没想到 |
[40:33] | – Did you see that coming? – No. | -你想到了吗 -没有 |
[40:34] | No, that must have come as a surprise to you, too. | 没想到 你肯定也吃了一惊吧 |
[40:37] | And now… | 接下来 |
[40:38] | Theresa knew that you had a secret. | 特蕾西知道你藏着一个秘密 |
[40:40] | She figured if she could uncover it, | 她想要是她能拆穿这个秘密 |
[40:41] | then she could keep her job. | 就能保住工作了 |
[40:43] | You wanted to have her replaced with a younger anchorwoman. | 你本打算让个年轻女主播取代她 |
[40:47] | So she became a one-woman news team. | 所以她开始单兵作战 |
[40:49] | And she connected you to these fires 17 years ago. | 然后她把你和十七年前的这些火灾联系起来了 |
[40:51] | First one on the scene because you lit the match. | 你能第一个到现场是因为火是你放的 |
[40:55] | That must’ve given Theresa a lot of leverage. | 特蕾西可是掌握了重要筹码 |
[40:58] | Leverage? | 筹码 |
[40:59] | She was a washed-up talent. | 她已经江郎才尽了 |
[41:01] | Her best years were behind her. | 已经在走下坡路了 |
[41:02] | Why’d you keep her on the anchor desk then? | 那你干嘛还让她留在主播台上 |
[41:05] | See, to me, that sounds like a… | 对我来说 这听上去就像是 |
[41:07] | deal with the devil. | 与魔鬼的交易 |
[41:08] | Yeah, one you couldn’t live with. | 没错 你忍无可忍 |
[41:09] | So you made a plan to kill Theresa. | 所以预谋杀害特蕾西 |
[41:11] | Asked Garrett Howard | 再问加勒特・霍华德 |
[41:13] | for another explosive device– just one more job. | 要个爆炸设备 再干最后一次 |
[41:16] | But then, like Theresa, | 问题又来了 和特蕾西一样 |
[41:18] | he knew your secret. | 他也知道你的秘密 |
[41:21] | So you had to dispose of him, too. | 所以你得把他也干掉 |
[41:27] | And that left poor Denny. | 然后就只剩下可怜的丹尼了 |
[41:31] | So you borrowed his knife, and you set him up. | 所以你拿了他的刀 想陷害他 |
[41:34] | I’m a reporter. | 我是个记者 |
[41:36] | I’m not a murderer. | 不是杀人犯 |
[41:38] | I wouldn’t even know how to wield a knife. | 我都不知道匕首该怎么用 |
[41:39] | Hate to fact-check you on that, pal, but… | 我都懒得跟你对质 不过 |
[41:41] | You know, actually, I’m loving this. | 其实 我还挺享受这段儿的 |
[41:44] | We found an old news story that you ran years ago | 我们发现了一篇你多年前报道的旧新闻 |
[41:47] | about a killer who stabbed his victim right in the sweet spot, | 关于一个杀人犯的 他用刀直刺死者要害 |
[41:50] | right under the skull. | 就在颅骨下方 |
[41:51] | When you take notes, you really take notes. | 你做笔记的时候 是真上心了吧 |
[41:55] | You know, in my business, | 知道吗 在我们这一行里 |
[41:57] | before making outrageous accusations, on or off the air, | 要想作出无理指控 无论节目内外 |
[42:01] | you need a little thing called evidence. | 你都得有样东西 叫做证据 |
[42:05] | In our business, too. | 我们这一行也是如此 |
[42:10] | This is a partial print from the transformer explosions. | 这是在变压器爆炸现场提取的部分指纹 |
[42:14] | It’s also your left index finger. | 也就是你的左手食指指纹 |
[42:19] | Oops. | 漏了吧 |
[42:23] | Welcome to the KVKC local news at 11:00. | 欢迎在十一点收看KVKC地方新闻 |
[42:25] | I’m Jennifer Thomas. | 我是詹妮弗・托马斯 |
[42:27] | Breaking news tonight– which sadly hits close to home– | 今晚最新消息 令人痛心疾首 |
[42:30] | long-time news producer | 资深新闻制片人 |
[42:31] | Fred Paulsen has been charged with first-degree murder | 弗雷德・保尔森因杀害特蕾西・谢伊 |
[42:34] | in the death of Theresa Shea. | 被控一级谋杀罪 |
[42:53] | Hello. | 你好 |
[42:54] | You’ve been hard to get a hold of. | 你可真难找啊 |
[42:56] | Yeah. Um, I’m so sorry. | 是啊 很抱歉 |
[43:01] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[43:02] | I’m okay. Is now a good time? | 我很好 现在方便吗 |