时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | I need you to answer the same questions | 我要求你回答在第一次审判时我问过的相同的问题 |
[00:08] | I asked you at the first trial. | |
[00:09] | And I need you to answer them honestly, | 并且我要求你象上次那样诚实的回答他们 |
[00:11] | just as you did back then. | |
[00:13] | On December 20,1999, | 在1999年12月20号,你在Boulder大道2028号有一次出勤,是不是? |
[00:15] | you responded to a call at 2028 Boulder Highway. | |
[00:17] | – Is that correct ? – Yes. | 是的 |
[00:19] | Can you describe the crime scene ? | 可以描述一下犯罪现场吗? |
[00:20] | It was a hardware store. | 那是一个五金商店 |
[00:22] | I entered through the back door. | 我从后门进去的 |
[00:27] | The victim had been severely beaten. | 受害者被打的很厉害 |
[00:29] | And our forensics determined that the murder weapon was a wrench. | 我们的调查显示谋杀的工具是一个扳手 |
[00:32] | Exhibit A. | 证据A |
[00:35] | Do you recognize this object ? | 你认识这个物品吗? |
[00:39] | Yes. I bagged and processed this wrench. | 是的,这个扳手是我打包 |
[00:41] | My initials are on the seal. | 处理的封条上有我的缩写签名 |
[00:43] | Where did you find it ? | 你在哪里发现它的 |
[00:44] | It was in a toolbox under the kitchen sink at Garbett’s Gourmet, | 在Garbett美食店厨房水槽下的 |
[00:48] | which is a restaurant next to the crime scene. | 一个工具箱里,就是犯罪现场隔壁的餐馆 |
[00:50] | Now,are you certain that this wrench was used to kill the victim ? | 你确定这就是用来杀死受害者的扳手 |
[00:53] | Yes. We found trace blood in the metal grooves. | 是的,我们在扳手的金属槽中发现了血迹 |
[00:56] | And the DNA matched the victim’s. | DNA测试和死者的吻合 |
[00:57] | What,if anything,did you find on the handle ? | 你们在把手上还发现了什么 |
[01:00] | We found the defendant, Mr. Garbett’s fingerprints. | 我们发现了被告Garbett先生的指纹 |
[01:03] | We also found his prints at the hardware store. | 我们还在五金店里发现了他的指纹 |
[01:12] | What else did you find at the store ? | 你们在五金店里还发现其他的什么了吗? |
[01:15] | Well,it appeared | 显然,凶手想用失火来掩盖现场 |
[01:17] | that the killer tried to cover his tracks by setting a fire, | |
[01:21] | a lack of sufficient combustibles may have thwarted his effort. | 因易燃物不够而未能成功 |
[01:25] | Dr. Grissom. Exhibit B. | Grissom博士 |
[01:29] | Do you recognize this ? | 证据B,你认识这个吗? |
[01:32] | Yes. It’s a matchbook. | 是的,纸板火柴 |
[01:34] | Did you find this matchbook at the scene ? | 你是在现场发现这个纸板火柴的吗? |
[01:41] | Dr. Grissom,just so we can be clear, | Grissom博士,为了清楚疑问 |
[01:43] | this is the matchbook that you found at the crime scene. | 这个纸板火柴是你在犯罪现场发现的,是不是? |
[01:47] | Is that correct ? | |
[01:51] | Your Honor,may I take a short break ? | 法官阁下,我可以休息一下吗? |
[01:53] | Prosecution requests a ten-minute recess. | 嗯…检控方要求休庭10分钟 |
[01:56] | The defense asks that Dr. Grissom answer the question now. | 辩护方要求Grissom博士立刻回答这个问题 |
[02:00] | Answer the question,then we’ll break. | 先回答问题,然后休息 |
[02:03] | Yes,this is the matchbook I collected at the crime scene. | 是的,这是我在现场收集到的纸板火柴 |
[02:06] | All right,we’ll take a ten-minute recess. | 好的,休庭10分钟 |
[02:09] | So,you wanna tell me what this is all about ? | 那么,可以告诉我是怎么回事了吗? |
[02:11] | Grissom,the defendant was found guilty at his first trial. | Grissom,被告在第一次审判时已被认定有罪 |
[02:14] | The only reason we’re back in court is because his new lawyer | 重新开庭的唯一原因是 |
[02:17] | convinced some appellate judge the original jury instructions were faulty. | 他新的律师说服了一些受理上诉的 法官认为对原先陪审团的一些指示有误 |
[02:21] | This has nothing to do with the evidence. | 和证据毫无关系 |
[02:24] | There’s a fingerprint on this matchbook. | 这个火柴板上有个指纹 |
[02:28] | So ? | 所以? |
[02:30] | I don’t remember it. | 我不记得这个,我的记录上没有 |
[02:32] | It’s not in my notes. | |
[02:34] | The evidence seal isn’t broken. | 证据封条没破 |
[02:35] | If the print’s there now,it was there before. | 如果现在有指纹也是以前就有了的 |
[02:38] | The defendant’s fingerprints are all loop patterns. | 被告的指纹都是箕形纹 |
[02:44] | This is an arch. | 这是个弓形纹 |
[02:46] | It’s not a match. | 不吻合,这个不是被告的指纹 |
[02:48] | This is not the defendant’s print. | |
[02:52] | Are you sure ? | 你肯定? |
[02:58] | You know,when the defense hears about this, | 你要知道,当被告听到这些 |
[03:00] | they are going to call every other piece of evidence into question. | 他们会要求重新审问每一件证据 |
[03:04] | I don’t need to tell you what that means. | 不需要我告诉你那意味什么了吧 |
[03:08] | I’ve given them reasonable doubt. | 我已经引起了他们的怀疑 犯罪现场调查 主题曲:The Who乐队的<<你是谁>> |
[03:46] | Heard we have a problem. | 听说我们有麻烦了 |
[03:48] | The Middle East has a problem. | 有麻烦的是中东 |
[03:50] | You missed a fingerprint on a key piece of evidence. | 你漏了关键证据上的一个指纹 |
[03:53] | I’m trying to keep an open mind. | 有何指教我愿意洗耳恭听 |
[03:54] | Then how do you explain it ? | 那你如何解释这个 |
[03:56] | At the moment,I can’t. | 此刻,还不能 |
[03:57] | Could someone have substituted a different matchbook ? | 有可能是被人调换了吗? |
[03:59] | Well,the evidence seal wasn’t broken. | 证物的封条没破 |
[04:01] | The matchbook’s appearance | 外表也和现场拍的照片一致 |
[04:02] | is consistent with the crime scene photos. | |
[04:04] | Since your original testimony differs from the actual physical evidence, | 由于你原先的证词和实际的证物有出入 |
[04:07] | I thought I’d inform you | 我正式通知你会对此进行监督调查 |
[04:08] | I’ve opened a supervisory inquiry. | |
[04:12] | Well,that’s good,Conrad. | 不错,Conard |
[04:14] | You know,I can’t recall a lab director as expeditious as you. | 你知道,我还没想起来有哪个主任像你这样迅速 发生什么事了? 那是谁? |
[04:22] | – You okay,Bobby ? – Been better. | 你没事吧,Bobby? 好点了 |
[04:24] | What the hell happened ? | 怎么回事? |
[04:25] | I was about to test-fire the Mac-10 | 我在测试Mac10的火力时突然走火了 |
[04:27] | when it accidentally discharged. | |
[04:29] | Don’t know how it happened. | 不知道怎么会这样 |
[04:31] | Should’ve been more careful. | 本来应该小心点的 |
[04:33] | Whose… Whose case you working ? | 是的,谁的,你在做谁的案子 嗯…是Sara |
[04:37] | Sara Sidle and Greg Sanders. | Sidle和Greg Sanders |
[04:40] | Gun was found next to a dead body at an off-Strip parking lot. | 枪是在废弃的停车场内一具尸体边发现的 |
[04:43] | All right. Make sure you file a report. | 好吧,记住交个报告上来 |
[04:45] | – Yes,sir. – Everybody back to work. | 是,长官 所有人回去工作 |
[04:48] | Just keep me posted. | 有消息要通知我 |
[04:53] | I remember this case. | 我记得这个案子,Garbett的餐厅就在死者的五金店隔壁 |
[04:54] | The Garbetts owned a restaurant | |
[04:56] | that was next door to the victim’s hardware store. | |
[04:58] | Max Larson owned the private alleyway | 两者后面的小巷是Max |
[05:02] | that was behind both places. | Lason私人的财产 |
[05:04] | That’s right. | 没错,他用垃圾桶封了那条巷子 |
[05:05] | He blocked the alleyway with a dumpster. | |
[05:12] | Yeah,the guy was a jerk. | 这家伙有点怪 |
[05:14] | Well,he claimed the restaurant’s delivery trucks | 他声称餐厅的外卖车阻塞了巷子 |
[05:16] | were clogging the alley. | |
[05:17] | Didn’t the Garbetts sue to have the Dumpster removed ? | 那Garbett没有诉求移开垃圾桶吗? |
[05:19] | They lost. | 他们输了,他们没有通行权 |
[05:21] | There was no easement in their title. | |
[05:22] | And without access for deliveries, | 没有外卖生意做餐馆的生意一落千丈 |
[05:24] | the restaurant business just dried up. | |
[05:26] | All the physical evidence pointed to Garbett. | 所有证据都指向Garbett |
[05:29] | And according to the victim’s business partner, | 死者的合伙人指出在谋杀的 |
[05:31] | Garbett had an argument with the victim the day before the murder. | 前一天,Garbett还和死者吵了一架 |
[05:34] | Garbett’s appeal didn’t call the forensics into question. | Garbett的上诉没有要求查我们为什么要查 |
[05:38] | Why are we here ? | |
[05:39] | I’m calling the forensics into question. | 是我要求的 |
[05:42] | I printed this matchbook. | 是我查的这个火柴板当时没有指纹 |
[05:43] | There was no print. | |
[05:45] | Take a look at it now. | 现在再看看 |
[05:52] | Well,the fingerprint’s pink… | 指纹是粉色的,你用了茚三酮? |
[05:54] | So you used Ninhydrin ? Well,I know that on some surfaces, | 我知道在有些表面,茚三酮需要一些时间来显影指纹 |
[05:59] | Ninhydrin can take time to develop a print. | 是在去年5月份的法庭科学杂志上 |
[06:01] | It was in… | |
[06:02] | last May’s Journal of Forensic Sciences. | |
[06:05] | I remember the article. | 我记得那篇文章,不过不记得条件是否和我们的案子一致 |
[06:06] | But I can’t remember whether the variables in the test case | |
[06:09] | are consistent with ours. | |
[06:10] | Well,if the print matches the suspect, who cares ? | 如果指纹和疑犯的吻合,谁管呢? |
[06:13] | It doesn’t match. | 不吻合 |
[06:15] | So,you and Warrick take over the file, | 所以你和Warrick来接手这个案子 |
[06:18] | make sure all of the other evidence is beyond reproach. | 确保所有的证据都没问题 |
[06:20] | Catherine,you supervise. | Catherine,你来监督,要避免一切不当 |
[06:22] | To avoid any appearance of impropriety, | |
[06:24] | I’m going to be hands off. | 我不会插手 |
[06:31] | Sofia. | |
[06:34] | You do know that the Journal’s back issues are available on-line. | 你知道在网上可以找到杂志的 |
[06:38] | The lab has a password. | 实验室有密码可以看到 |
[06:40] | When you read from a computer screen, | 在计算机屏幕上看,你的身体要前倾 |
[06:42] | you have to lean in. I like to lean back. Therefore,I prefer a hard copy. | 而我喜欢往后倾,所以我更喜欢看实际的刊物 |
[06:49] | Is this what your looking for ? | 这是你要找的吗? |
[06:56] | May. Yes. Thank you. | 五月 正是,谢谢你 |
[07:01] | News travels so fast around here. | 消息传的可真快 |
[07:04] | Ecklie travels fast. | Ecklie传的快 |
[07:09] | Look,in case you’re not up-to-date on your QA/QC memos, | 听着,如果你没有更新你的QA/QC的备忘录 |
[07:13] | I’ve been the lab’s quality control officer for the past year. | 我已被任命为实验室去年的质量控制官 |
[07:17] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你,那个工作需要对细节很明确的人 |
[07:19] | That job requires a detail-oriented person. | |
[07:23] | Grissom,I’ve been assigned to your inquiry. | Grissom,我是被任命调查你的 |
[07:25] | I just wanted to give you the heads-up. | 我只是想告诉你,我会公正的 |
[07:28] | I’ll be impartial. | |
[07:30] | I’d expect nothing less. | 那也是我想的 |
[07:34] | Margaritaville ? | |
[07:41] | That is still the lab’s password,right ? | 还是实验室的密码,是不是? |
[07:51] | Warrick,in your field report, | Warrick,在你的现场报告中 |
[07:52] | you documented the collection of several hairs near the body, | 你说在尸体旁收集了 |
[07:55] | but DNA never analyzed them. | 一些毛发,但是DNA没有对它们进行分析 |
[07:57] | Well,the DA had sufficient evidence | 在我把毛发给Greg前,地方检察官已经有了足够的证据起诉 |
[07:58] | and filed charges before I could give the hair to Greg, | 所以我就换到另一件案子了 |
[08:01] | so I moved on to another case. | |
[08:03] | Process the hairs now. | 现在就处理这些毛发吧 |
[08:05] | Yeah. | 是 |
[08:06] | Catherine,do you remember why you were late to this crime scene ? | Catherine,你记得当时犯罪调查时你为何来迟了? |
[08:10] | Eddie had a gig | Eddie有一个短期表演,你找不到人看孩子 |
[08:11] | and you couldn’t find a baby-sitter. | |
[08:13] | Actually,I kind of made that up. | 实际上,我有一点编造Eddie的确有表演 |
[08:15] | Eddie did have a gig. | |
[08:17] | It ended early and he and I… | 不过结束的比较早,然后他和我… |
[08:21] | Well,let’s just say that not all my memories of him are bad ones. | 对他的记忆并不是都是坏的 |
[08:24] | Which reminds me,you, | 我想起来了,你那时在和Flamingo的助理经理约会 |
[08:28] | at the time,were going out with that assistant manager of the Flamingo. | |
[08:31] | Susan. | 哦,Susan |
[08:32] | Boy,did she have it bad for you. | 我们在现场工作时不停的打电话给你 |
[08:34] | She kept calling while we were working the scene. | |
[08:35] | You had to shut your phone off. | 你只好关机了事 |
[08:36] | Yeah,well,now she’s VP of Food Services, | 是啊,她现在是食品供应的副总了,我每个星期天上午都有免费的牛排和鸡蛋 |
[08:39] | so I get free steak and eggs every Sunday morning. | |
[08:41] | Free steak and eggs means she didn’t know about the flight attendant. | 免费的牛排和鸡蛋就是说她不了解飞行服务员 |
[08:44] | Does everyone know my business around here ? | 这里所有人都知道我的事吗? |
[08:46] | Okay,Nicky,since you have such a good memory, | 好吧,Nicky 既然你的记忆力这样好 |
[08:49] | why don’t you explain | 你就解释一下从杀人武器上提取的未确认的指纹吧 |
[08:52] | the unidentified prints that you lifted from the murder weapon. | |
[08:55] | I lifted six prints off the wrench. | 我从扳手上提取了六个指纹 |
[08:57] | I ran them through I-AFIS. | 我在I-AFIS(指纹自动鉴别系统)上检查了这些指纹 |
[08:58] | Five were a match to the suspect. | |
[09:00] | One was unidentified. Now,at the time, | 5个和嫌犯相符,1个不能确认 |
[09:02] | we all agreed that that print was irrelevant, | 我们现在都相信这个指纹是 |
[09:05] | because the wrench was found in the common area. | 不相关的,因为扳手是在公共场所发现的 |
[09:07] | Okay,well,we’re going to have to compare that unidentified print with this matchbook print. | 好吧,不过我们得将这个 未确认的指纹和纸板火柴上的指纹比较一下 |
[09:12] | Will do. | 会做的 |
[09:14] | Hey,Catherine… | 嗨,Catherine |
[09:16] | ….we didn’t do anything wrong here. | 我们这里没有做错任何事 |
[09:19] | I agree. | 是的,不过控方也许不这样认为 |
[09:20] | But the prosecution may not see it that way. | |
[09:27] | Hey,how’s Bobby doing ? | 嗨,Bobby怎么样了? |
[09:28] | Shaken,but working hard. | 很受惊,不过还是很认真的在查枪为什么会走火 |
[09:30] | Trying to figure out why the gun discharged. | |
[09:31] | Well,fortunately,Bobby dodged his bullet… unlike our victim. | 不错,幸运的是Bobby躲过了子弹 不像我们的这个受害者 |
[09:35] | C.O.D’s a single gunshot wound to the leg. | 死因是腿上唯一的一处枪伤,伤到了大腿动脉 |
[09:38] | And it severed the femoral artery. | 我们查过他的夹克 |
[09:40] | We processed the guy’s jeans. | 伤口处的皮肤电反应也很紧 |
[09:42] | Tight GSR pattern around the entrance hole. | |
[09:44] | So,he was either shot by someone at close range who left the gun behind, | 所以他可能是被把枪丢在后面的人 |
[09:47] | or it was self-inflicted. | 近距离射伤的,或者是自己射伤的 |
[09:49] | Why would the shooter leave the gun behind ? | 那个枪手为什么要把枪丢在后面呢? |
[09:50] | He probably wouldn’t. | 他也许不想的 |
[09:51] | And most suicides are through the torso or through the head. | 大部分自杀的人都是对着躯干或头部开枪的 |
[09:55] | – So if it wasn’t intentional… – It was accidental. | 所以如果这不是故意的 |
[09:59] | Greg… | 就是意外 |
[10:01] | insert this rod into the hole. | Greg,把这个插进伤口里 |
[10:13] | Trajectory is up to down. | 弹道是自上而下的 |
[10:15] | Consistent with a self-inflicted, accidental injury. | 和自己射伤的一致,是意外受伤 |
[10:22] | Have you been able to I.D. him ? | 查出死者身份了吗? |
[10:24] | No wallet. Prints didn’t hit. | 没有钱包,根据指纹也没查到,也没有亲属来 |
[10:26] | No relatives came forward. | |
[10:28] | So,I’m calling him John Doe Number 124. | 所以我们现在称他为124号无名氏 |
[11:02] | A perfect match. | 完全吻合 |
[11:04] | Someone other than the suspect touched the matches and the wrench. | 除了疑犯还有人接触了火柴和扳手 |
[11:07] | The wrench was found in a toolbox in the suspect’s restaurant. | 扳手是在疑犯餐馆的一个工具箱里发现的 |
[11:12] | The murder happened after closing. | 谋杀是关门后发生的 |
[11:14] | Who else had access to that restaurant ? | 还有谁能进入那个餐馆? |
[11:18] | Mrs. Garbett. | Garbett夫人 |
[11:19] | It’s,uh,Mrs. Katz now. I remarried. | 我现在是,嗯,Katz夫人了,我又结婚了 |
[11:22] | Okay… Mrs. Katz. Duly noted. | 好的,Katz夫人,不好意思刚知道,请坐 |
[11:24] | Please,have a seat. | |
[11:27] | I appreciate you coming down here and meeting with me. | 很感谢你能到这来见我 |
[11:29] | Look,my ex-husband called me from jail. | 听着,我前夫从监狱打了电话给我,我知道重新审讯了 |
[11:31] | I know about the new trial. | |
[11:33] | But this case has nothing to do with me. | 但是这个案子和我毫无关系,再无关系了 |
[11:37] | Not anymore. | |
[11:38] | He got a life sentence. | 他被判了终身监禁 |
[11:40] | The crime lab testified. | 罪案科已经证实了 |
[11:42] | You think he’s guilty ? | 你认为他有罪? |
[11:47] | Jason was a quiet man. Bottled everything up. | Jason是个好人,很直,25年的婚姻中, |
[11:51] | In 25 years of marriage,he raised his voice… maybe… a dozen times. | 他大声说话都不多 |
[12:01] | But when he expressed himself… | 但是当他真生气了 |
[12:06] | the neighborhood knew. | 邻居都会知道的 |
[12:08] | Mom,I got your voice mail. | 妈妈,我听到你的留言了 |
[12:10] | – Keith. – What’s going on ? | 怎么回事? |
[12:12] | Mr. Stokes is with the crime lab. | 嗯,罪案调查科的Stokes先生 |
[12:16] | Look,we’ll help in any way we can. | 你好,我们会尽我们所能帮忙的 |
[12:20] | What I’d really like to do is | 我想要的就是一份5年前能进入那间餐馆的人的名单 |
[12:22] | get a list of anyone who had access to that restaurant five years ago. | |
[12:26] | Sure. May I ask why ? | 当然可以,可以问问为什么吗? |
[12:29] | Recent evidence | 最近的证据显示 |
[12:30] | – has come to light… – What evidence ? | 什么证据? |
[12:32] | Oh,now that I can’t discuss. | 哦,我现在不能透露 |
[12:33] | My father’s innocent. | 我父亲是无辜的 |
[12:35] | My son has never stopped believing in his father. | 我儿子从没怀疑过他的父亲 |
[12:39] | He has sacrificed everything for Jason : | 他为Jason付出了一切,搬回LasVegas,雇了一个新律师,把所有的钱都投到这个案子上了 |
[12:41] | Moved back to Vegas,hired a new attorney, | |
[12:44] | poured all his money into the appeal. | |
[12:45] | So you weren’t living in town at the time of the murder ? | 这么所案发时你不住在这里? |
[12:48] | – No,I was living in L.A. – Okay. | 是的,我当时在洛杉矶 哦,好的 |
[12:50] | Look… whatever you need from us… | 听着,无论你需要我们什么 |
[12:54] | Mom… ? | 妈妈? |
[12:57] | I have some old records back at the house. I could send them over. | 我家里有一些旧的记录我可以送给你们 |
[13:02] | Yeah,that’d be great. | 那太好了 |
[13:22] | You’re listening to music. | 你在听音乐 |
[13:24] | It was Greg’s suggestion. | 这是Greg的建议 |
[13:26] | No,it’s good. | 不,没什么,也许不合你的口味,不过我们都习惯了 |
[13:27] | Well,maybe not your music taste, but we’ll work on that. | |
[13:30] | You have my DNA profile for the hair sample I gave you ? | 你检测过我给你的毛发样品的DNA了吗? |
[13:34] | No. | 没有 |
[13:35] | No ? Do you need more time ? | 没有?时间不够吗? |
[13:38] | No… the sample you sent me wasn’t human… | 不是,你给我的样品不是人类的 |
[13:41] | so I sent it over to Trace. | 所以我送到微量分析室了 |
[13:43] | Maybe Hodges can tell you something. | 也许Hodges有东西可以告诉你 |
[13:45] | All right. Thank you. | 好的,谢谢你 |
[13:47] | And Mia,Avril’s fine, | 还有Mia,Avril歌是不错,但如果你想感受音乐悲歌的话,你应该听Nina |
[13:49] | Simone but if you really want to experience musical heartache, you should check out… Nina Simone. | |
[14:55] | Grissom,Judge Witherspoon wants me in her chambers first thing in the morning. | Grissom,Witherspoon法官要我一早就过去见她 |
[14:58] | She’s going to demand a full update,Gil. | 她需要知道调查的新情况,Gil |
[15:01] | I can’t explain the appearance of the print on the matchbook. | 我解释不了火柴板上的指纹,那也正是我要查的 |
[15:04] | That’s what I’m trying to figure out. | |
[15:07] | You’re making the lab look bad. | 你让罪案调查科蒙羞 |
[15:09] | Word has it you’ve reopened the entire case. | 听说你在重新调查案子,在凶器上发现了未确定的毛发和指纹? |
[15:12] | An unexamined hair and an unidentified print on the murder weapon ? | |
[15:19] | Grissom,did we make a mistake and arrest the wrong guy ? | Grissom,是我们搞错了?抓错人了吗? |
[15:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:27] | Hey. We gotta talk. | 嗨,我们要谈谈 |
[15:30] | Ecklie’s used his hot line to the sheriff. | Ecklie直接和郡治安官联系过了,现在整个部门都知道这件事了 |
[15:32] | The whole department knows about the inquiry. | |
[15:34] | There’s nothing I can do about that. | 我没什么可以做的 |
[15:36] | Yeah,well,I want to give you a heads-up, | 是,好吧,我来帮你分析一下事情是这样的 |
[15:38] | ’cause here’s how it’s gonna break down : | |
[15:40] | In order to appear objective, | 为了体现客观公正,表面上是Ecklie会服从Sofia的调查 |
[15:42] | Ecklie’s gonna follow Sofia’s recommendations. | |
[15:44] | The problem is,she’s Acting Supervisor of Days, | 问题是,她当代理主管没几天 |
[15:47] | so she needs Ecklie to sign off to keep her gig. | 她需要Ecklie来保住位置 |
[15:50] | And you think she’ll say whatever Ecklie wants. | 你认为她会按照Ecklie所想的去说 |
[15:52] | Yeah. And this isn’t just about the Garbett case. | 是,这已不单单是Garbett的案子 |
[15:54] | He’s looking into your whole team. | 他是窥视你们整个组 |
[15:56] | And your ability to lead them. | 还有你领导他们的能力 |
[15:59] | Poor Conrad. | 可怜的Conrad |
[16:00] | I hate to tell you,but when it comes to politics, he whips your ass. | 我不想告诉你,但一牵涉到政治,你斗不过他 |
[16:03] | So watch your back; it’s gonna get ugly. | 所以做好准备这事会变的很肮脏的 |
[16:06] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:08] | The hair on the right is a human hair. | 右边的是人的毛发,左边的是5年前犯罪现场找到的毛发 |
[16:09] | The hair on the left is from your five- year-old crime scene. | |
[16:12] | Given the big fat medulla, | 根据这么肥的骨髓我认为是犬科的 |
[16:14] | I’d say canine, | |
[16:15] | and given its coarseness… | 根据它的粗糙度… |
[16:17] | I’d say it could be a poodle or a Portuguese Water Dog. | 我认为是犬毛狗或者说是葡萄牙水狗 |
[16:21] | What ?! A Portuguese Water Dog. | 什么? 一只葡萄牙水狗 |
[16:25] | They were found on fishing vessels in the 1800s. | 它们是在19世纪的捕鱼船上发现的 |
[16:27] | Are you serious ? | 你说真的? |
[16:28] | Warrick,I thought you were following it up with DNA. | Warrick,我以为你在处理DNA的事 |
[16:31] | I am. The hairs got kicked to Trace. | 我是的,毛发被踢到微量分析室了 |
[16:33] | Yeah,they’re from a dog. | 是的,是狗毛,显微镜下看的很清楚 |
[16:34] | Very obvious under the microscope. | |
[16:38] | I will find out if the victim or suspect owned a dog. | 我会查死者或疑犯有没有养狗,这就去 |
[16:42] | – I’m on it. – Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:45] | Ecklie was so pissed when I told him about these hairs. | 当我告诉Ecklie这些毛发的事时,他很愤怒 |
[16:48] | – You told Ecklie ? – Yeah. He’s a friend. | 你告诉Ecklie了? 是的,他是个朋友 |
[16:50] | I sent him a card for his promotion. | 他被提升时我送了贺卡,他很感动 |
[16:52] | The guy was very touched by my thoughtfulness. | |
[16:55] | We all are. | 哦,我们都是 哦 |
[16:58] | Are you finished with the gun ? | 你查完枪了吗? |
[16:59] | Yeah,I figured out what caused that A.D. | 是的,我查出是什么原因走火了 |
[17:02] | Some garage gunsmith tried to turn this baby into a machine gun. | 有些军械工人想把它改装成机关枪 |
[17:05] | That is a big-time felony. | 那可是重罪 |
[17:07] | Not to mention dangerous. | 更不用说危险了,看这 |
[17:08] | Here,take a look. | |
[17:11] | See,the trip has been ground down, | 看,弹簧已经粉碎了以阻止枪栓反锁 |
[17:13] | which prevents the bolt from locking back. | |
[17:21] | Vic never even pulled the trigger. | 死者没有开枪 |
[17:24] | Did you get an I.D. off the serial number ? | 你根据序列号找到什么人了吗 |
[17:26] | It’s also ground down. | 也没了,金属差不多被磨去了一半 |
[17:28] | Nearly halfway through the metal. | |
[17:29] | Well,I love a challenge. | 好吧,我喜欢挑战 |
[17:33] | Well,it’s all yours. | 那都归你了 |
[17:35] | The Garbetts’ restaurant employed six waiters, | Grabett的餐馆雇了6个服务员 |
[17:37] | two cooks,and a busboy. | 2个厨师和1个餐馆工 |
[17:40] | All of whom would’ve had access to the kitchen and to the wrench. | 所有这些人都有可能接触厨房和扳手 |
[17:43] | Right: Garbett’s ex-wife, | 没错,因为工卡的关系,Garbett的前妻3个服务员和2个厨师 |
[17:45] | three of the waiters and both cooks prints were in I-AFIS because of work cards, | 他们的指纹在我们的I-AFIS里都有 |
[17:49] | but none was a match to the mystery print. | 但是没有一个吻合的 |
[17:51] | And what about the other four ? | 那其他4个人呢? |
[17:52] | I ran their socials to get their addresses. | 我通过社会安全号查出了他们的地址 我会穿上制服,去登门拜访的 |
[17:55] | I’ll grab a uniform,go bang on some doors. | 好的 什么事? |
[18:08] | I’m Nick Stokes. | 你好,我是Nick Stokes |
[18:10] | Good day,sir. My name’s Nick Stokes. | 日安,先生,我是Nick |
[18:12] | I’m with the Las Vegas Crime Lab. | Stokes,LasVegas罪案调查科的 |
[18:14] | I’m reinvestigating Max Larson’s homicide. | 我在重新调查Max |
[18:17] | I was hoping to get your,uh,your fingerprints. | Larson被杀案 我想要你的,你的指纹 |
[18:19] | It would help eliminate you as a suspect. | 这样可以帮助洗清你的嫌疑 |
[18:30] | Thank you,ma’am. | 谢谢你,女士 |
[18:32] | Max didn’t like dogs. | Max不喜欢狗,店里也不允许带狗 |
[18:33] | We don’t allow them in the store. | |
[18:35] | How about you,Mr. Reeba. Do you down a dog ? | 那你呢,Reeba先生,你也不喜欢狗吗? |
[18:38] | No. | 不是,Brown先生,有什么关系吗? |
[18:40] | Mr. Brown,what’s this about ? | |
[18:42] | I’m sorry,I’m not at liberty to discuss ongoing cases. | 很抱歉,我不能泄漏,正在调查的案情 |
[18:44] | Look,I have a right to know. | 听着,我有权知道 |
[18:46] | Max was my business partner. | Max是我的合作伙伴 |
[18:48] | Well,all I can tell you is that the defendant was granted a new trial. | 好吧,我能告诉你的就是被告获准重新审判 |
[18:53] | Based on a friggin’ technicality. | 基于一些该死的技术细节 |
[18:55] | I talked to the D.A. myself. | 我和检查官谈过 |
[18:56] | The crime lab is reviewing the case file now. | 罪案调查科现在在重新调查这个案子 |
[18:59] | Garbett killed Max. | Garbett杀了Max |
[19:02] | I was right here when he tried to shake us down. | 当他冲过来恐吓时我正在这里 |
[19:06] | If you don’t move that dumpster,I swear, | 如果你不把垃圾桶移开,我发誓,我会杀了你的 |
[19:08] | – I’m gonna kill you ! – Judge says I’m in the right. | 法官判我赢了,你去死吧 |
[19:09] | – You can go to hell. – You’re gonna regret this. | 你会后悔的 |
[19:11] | So tell me: how many customers did you have tonight ? | 那告诉我你们今晚有几位顾客 |
[19:14] | Hey,Rick… what’s a number less than one ? | 嗨,Rick,比1小的数是几? |
[19:18] | This isn’t over. | 这事没完 |
[19:19] | I guess he could’ve handled it better. | 我认为他可以处理的更好些 |
[19:21] | But Garbett’s delivery trucks… | 但是Garbett的外卖车经常阻住了我们的停车场 |
[19:22] | they were always blocking access to our parking lot. | |
[19:25] | We complained… He refused to do anything about it, | 我们抱怨过,但他拒绝做任何事 |
[19:28] | so we exercised our legal rights. | 所以我们只好诉诸法律 |
[19:30] | A judge rules in our favor. | 法官判我们赢了 |
[19:31] | Two days later,Max is murdered. | 2天后,Max就被杀了 |
[19:34] | Can you imagine killing over an incident like this ? | 有这么巧的事吗? |
[19:36] | I’ve seen people kill for a lot less,sir. | 我见过许多为了很小的事杀人的,先生 |
[19:40] | Mr. Reeba,you and your partner were joint owners of this property,right ? | Reeba先生,你和你的伙伴共同拥有这里,是不是? |
[19:45] | – Yes. – With right of survivorship ? | 是的 包括死后拥有权 |
[19:48] | Correct. | 正确 |
[19:49] | And when he died,you got it all,isn’t that right ? | 那他死后所有都是你的了,对不对? |
[19:53] | What are you getting at ? | 你这么说什么意思? |
[19:55] | Nothing. It’s just a question. | 没什么,随便问问 嗨 |
[20:21] | Video Spectral Analysis. | 视频光谱分析 |
[20:23] | I want to see if I can bring out the image on the matchbook. | 看看能不能显示出火柴板上的图像 |
[20:26] | We didn’t have this equipment five years ago. | 5年前我们没有这个设备 |
[20:28] | That’s why I’m doing it now. | 这就是为什么我现在做的原因 |
[20:31] | How was the door-to-door ? | 你的登门查访怎么样了 |
[20:33] | Good exercise. | 不错,所有人都自愿给了指纹,但是没有吻合的 |
[20:35] | Everyone volunteered their prints but… no match. | |
[20:43] | Warrick,just the guy I wanted to see. | Warrick,我正想找你 |
[20:45] | Ecklie,you know I’m real busy… | Ecklie,你知道我真的很忙 |
[20:46] | It won’t take long. My office. | 啊,不会太久的,去我办公室 |
[20:53] | I’ll cut to the chase. | 开门见山吧 |
[20:55] | Did Supervisor Grissom instruct you | 主管Grissom有没有要求过你分析 |
[20:57] | to analyze the hairs you found near Max Larson’s body ? | 在Max Larson尸体边发现的毛发? |
[21:00] | It was my job to bring the hairs to DNA. | 把毛发送去做DNA测试是我的工作 |
[21:02] | – Did you ? – Yes. | 你做了吗? |
[21:03] | – Five years ago. – No,yesterday. | 是的 5年前 不是,昨天 |
[21:07] | – Look,if there was a problem… – Have a seat. | 听着,如果这有问题 请坐 |
[21:14] | In my capacity as Assistant Director, I’m now privy to personnel files. | 从我副主任的观点来看,我私人的观点 |
[21:21] | You’ve done outstanding work over the years,Warrick. Truly. I see commendations from detectives and D.A.’s… | 你这些年的工作很出色,Warrick,真的,我也听到过警官和检查官称赞过你 |
[21:29] | I also see you have a gambling problem. | 我也看到你有赌博的问题 |
[21:32] | I had a gambling problem. | 我过去是有赌博的问题 |
[21:36] | What’s your point ? | 你想说什么? |
[21:39] | Well,it appears Supervisor Grissom counseled you appropriately. | 看来主管Grissom适当地劝告过你 |
[21:44] | That’s correct. | 正确 |
[21:45] | So… he gave you access to departmental resources | 所以他让你有权使用部门资源去解决自己的问题 |
[21:48] | to help you deal with the problem ? | |
[21:50] | No… he helped me… | 不是 |
[21:54] | – by being a friend. – Good. | 他帮助了我,像个朋友那样 很好 |
[22:02] | You’ve been a big help. Thanks. | 你帮了很大的忙,谢谢 |
[22:08] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[22:19] | This is confidential. | 这些是,嗯… |
[22:22] | I don’t have an office,so… | 机密,我没有办公室,所以… |
[22:24] | The inquiry into Grissom. | 对Grissom的调查 |
[22:26] | Just reviewing all documentation. | 只是回顾以前的文件案例分类,初始分析 |
[22:28] | Case identifiers,analysts’ initials… | |
[22:30] | Your responsibility is to confirm that all conclusions drawn are supported by the data. | 你的责任就是确认所有结论 |
[22:34] | – They are. – Excuse me ? | 都是从这些数据中得出的,没错 对不起? |
[22:36] | I worked on this case. | 我处理过这个案子,结论都是有数据支持的,我以为那就是你要找的 |
[22:38] | The conclusions,they are supported. | |
[22:40] | I assume that’s what you’re finding ? | |
[22:43] | Catherine… | Catherine,很感谢你有兴趣,但是我还是想保留我的发现向副主任汇报 |
[22:44] | I appreciate your interest, but I think it’s prudent | |
[22:47] | to reserve my findings for the Assistant Director. | |
[22:52] | Right. | 没错 |
[23:01] | Neil,you got a minute ? | Neil,有空谈谈吗? |
[23:04] | I don’t think I have any work pending for you. | 我这没有你要求的工作 |
[23:05] | I need your expertise. | 我需要你的专业意见 |
[23:07] | Matchbook print. | 火柴板指纹 |
[23:09] | – Everybody’s talking about it. – Well,good. | 所有人都在谈论这件事 |
[23:11] | Scientific discoveries arise through discourse. | 好,不错,科学的发现起因于谈论中 |
[23:14] | Now… | 茚三酮引起一些蛋白链反应形成了粉色 |
[23:15] | Ninhydrin works by reacting to one end of a protein chain | |
[23:18] | to form Ruhemann’s purple… | |
[23:19] | Which makes fingerprints visible. | 让指纹显现 |
[23:21] | Protein chains are made up of a series of amino acids, | 蛋白链是由一系列氨基酸组成的 |
[23:24] | sometimes a hundred units long. | 有时会有100多个单位长 |
[23:26] | But only one end of the chain has the H-N-H… | 但是只有一端有h-n-H |
[23:28] | The N-terminus. | 以n结尾的是蛋白分子中唯一与茚三酮反应的 |
[23:30] | It’s the only part of the protein molecule that interacts with Ninhydrin. | |
[23:33] | But fingerprints are subjected to bacterial degradation, | 但是指纹很容易受细胞性降解 |
[23:36] | which causes the proteins to break down into smaller amino acids. | 就会引起蛋白分解成小的氨基酸 |
[23:39] | Upping the number of N-termini. | 取决于n结尾的蛋白数目 |
[23:40] | And making the fingerprint more visible. | 使指纹可视 |
[23:43] | But because new fingerprints | 但是新的指纹有时是由完整的蛋白组成的 |
[23:45] | are sometimes composed of fully intact proteins, | |
[23:48] | you could spray Ninhydrin, and not see a result for months,yes ? | 你可以喷茚三酮但几个月都没结果,是不是? |
[23:52] | Or in rare cases,years… | 更罕见的,可以是几年,取决于降解速度 |
[23:53] | depending on the rate of degradation. | |
[23:55] | My matchbook print was inside a plastic evidence bag. | 我的火柴板指纹是放在一个塑料的证物袋内 |
[23:59] | That could affect the rate. | 那可能会影响速度 |
[24:01] | Let’s see… plastic… | 让我想想,塑料 |
[24:03] | Plastic traps in heat and humidity. | 塑料挡住了热和湿气 |
[24:07] | Bacteria would continue to break down over time. | 不过长时间后细菌还是可以对其分解 |
[24:13] | So theoretically,the bag was acting as a humidifying chamber. | 所以理论上,袋子就成了一个潮湿的温室 |
[24:16] | I’d say you were processing a print in slow motion. | 我会说你是用慢动作在处理一个指纹 |
[24:21] | Thank you,Neil. | 谢谢你,Neil |
[24:23] | I’m confused. | 我有一点不太明白,那个死了的家伙是买了只坏枪 |
[24:24] | Do we think the dead guy bought a defective gun, or was he selling a gun he’d already modified ? | 还是他自己将枪改了拿来卖 |
[24:28] | Maybe he modified it for his own use. | 也许只是改来自己用 |
[24:30] | If that was the case,then why would he need to file down the serial numbers ? | 如果真是这样他干吗将枪上的序列号抹掉 |
[24:33] | Good point. | 说得不错 |
[24:35] | Okay,so you take the polishing compound, | 好吧,拿些打磨物把它擦在抹掉的序列号上 |
[24:37] | and you rub it on the obliterated serial number. | |
[24:43] | And then you hit the spot | 然后用磨轮将它磨的象镜子一样 |
[24:45] | with the wheel until it’s mirror smooth. | |
[24:59] | Fry’s Reagent. | 涂上试剂 |
[25:01] | It differentially eats away at the compressed area. | 被压地方的磨粉就除掉 |
[25:05] | To expose the denser metal of the serial number. | 刻在密质金属上的序列号就显示出来 |
[25:12] | Take a look. | 来看一下 |
[25:15] | Pop goes the serial number ! | 序列号出来了 |
[25:17] | Run it through NCIC and local pawn shops. | 拿去查一下NCIC和当地的典当店,看看能不能找到线索 |
[25:20] | See if we can get an address. | |
[25:23] | All right. | 好的 |
[25:25] | – How you doing,Greg ? – Excuse me. | 对不起 对不起 |
[25:29] | Sara. | Sara,你有时间吗 |
[25:31] | – You got a minute ? – I guess. | 有的 |
[25:34] | Flitz’s Compound. | Flitz化合物,我想你不是在办公室清洗珠宝,那可是不允许的 |
[25:35] | I’m sure you’re not polishing your jewelry in the lab. | |
[25:37] | That would be unauthorized. | |
[25:41] | What can I do for you ? | 我可以帮你什么 |
[25:42] | As you know,it’s my job to review everyone’s file. | 啊,你知道审查每个人的档案是我的工作,我只想确认你和PEAP顾问的事搞定了 |
[25:45] | I just want to make sure you finished up with your PEAP counselor. | |
[25:48] | That’s none of your business,Ecklie. | 那不关你的事,Ecklie |
[25:51] | Well,not only is it my business, but I plan to speak with your supervisor. | 不仅是我的事,而且我还想和你的上司谈 |
[25:54] | About what ? | 关于什么? |
[25:55] | You have updated him,right ? | 你告诉他最新的情况了,是吧? |
[25:57] | Yeah,yeah,we’ve had an abbreviated conversation. | 是啊,我们简短的谈了一下 |
[26:00] | I’m doing fine. | 我做得还好,几个月前就完成了要求的任务 |
[26:02] | I completed my required number of sessions months ago. | |
[26:05] | Grissom failed to note that conversation in your file. | 嗯,Grissom没有在你的档案里注明 |
[26:11] | But I’ll take care of it. All right. | 嗯…我会搞定的,没关系 |
[26:16] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[26:23] | Expose the matchbook to white, and that covers the spectrum. | 把纸板火柴暴露在白光下就可以覆盖住光谱图了 |
[26:28] | I’ll bring out the illuminants and contrast. | 我将亮度和对比度加强 |
[26:32] | Rotate it 180. | 旋转180度 |
[26:38] | “Club PCH”. | PCH俱乐部 |
[26:41] | – “Los Angeles”. – Is that probative ? | 洛杉矶 这个值得调查吗? |
[26:44] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[26:46] | Defendant’s son lived in L.A. | 被告的儿子曾住在洛杉矶 |
[26:50] | So I did a background check on Keith Garbett. | 我调查了Keith Garbett的背景 |
[26:54] | He has no record. | 没有犯罪记录 |
[26:55] | Moved to California two years before the murder. | 在谋杀前两年搬到洛杉矶 |
[26:58] | He opened a veterinary practice in Encino. | 在Encino开了家兽医诊所 |
[27:01] | He was a veterinarian ? | 他是个兽医 |
[27:03] | Didn’t I just say that ? | 我不是才说过吗 |
[27:05] | We found some dog hairs at the crime scene. | 我们在犯罪现场发现了些狗毛 |
[27:07] | Out of context,it didn’t really mean anything. | 没有关联的话,说明不了什么 |
[27:09] | Well,now it does. | 那么现在不一样了 |
[27:16] | – Mr. Stokes. – Keith. | Stokes先生 |
[27:18] | Well,tell me you’ve got some good news. | 告诉我你带来了一些好消息 |
[27:20] | Dad’s lawyer says the case could get tossed. | 爸爸的律师说案子可能会赢 |
[27:22] | I’m Detective Jim Brass,Las Vegas Police. | 我是Jim |
[27:24] | We’d like to ask you a couple questions. | Brass侦探拉斯维加斯警察局,我们想问你几个问题 |
[27:26] | – Sure. – You ever been to Club PCH ? | 当然 你去过PCH俱乐部吗? |
[27:30] | I did some clubbing in my 20’s. | 我20来岁时有时去俱乐部玩 |
[27:32] | What does this have to do with the investigation ? | 这和你们的调察有什么关系? |
[27:35] | Keith,what we’d really like to go ahead and do is | Keith,如果可以我们想提取你的一套指纹,可以吗? |
[27:37] | get a set of your fingerprints,if we could. Okay ? | |
[27:40] | Why ? | 为什么? |
[27:41] | You know,I’m sorry,but I don’t exactly trust you guys. | 你知道,对不起,我不太信得过你们 |
[27:44] | You destroyed my family. | 你们毁了我的家庭 |
[27:46] | You let my dad rot in jail for five years, and now you’re coming after me ? | 你们让我父亲在狱中窝了5年,现在又来烦我,没门,不可能 |
[27:48] | No way. Forget it. | |
[27:53] | I thought that went well. | 我以为会顺利的 |
[27:56] | There’s more than one way to get his prints. | 有很多方法可以得到他的指纹 |
[27:59] | Trash on the curb… Public property,right ? | 路边的垃圾,公共财产,是吧? |
[28:02] | Don’t need a warrant. | 不需要授权书 |
[28:11] | This conversation is on the record. | 这次谈话将记录在案 |
[28:13] | Part of the official inquiry into the Max Larson case. | Max Larson案件官方质询的一部分 |
[28:17] | Understood. | 了解 |
[28:18] | Five years ago,were you part of a team | 五年前,你是不是调查2028大道谋杀案中的一员? |
[28:20] | that processed a homicide at 2028 Boulder Highway ? | |
[28:23] | You know I was. | 你知道我是 |
[28:27] | Specifically,what tasks did Supervisor Grissom assign to you ? | Grissom主管分派给你的具体任务是什么? |
[28:31] | Gil doesn’t micromanage. | Gil不会细分任务 |
[28:33] | We all know what needs to be done. | 我们知道要做的事 |
[28:35] | I photo-documented the scene, I collected blood evidence, | 我在现场拍照,收集血液证据 |
[28:39] | and I brought the charred newspaper to Trace. | 并把烧焦的报纸拿去微量分析 |
[28:42] | In the analysis phase,did Grissom review your reports with you ? | 在分析过程中,Grissom有没有和你一起审核报告? |
[28:46] | Are you asking if he performed a supervisory review ? | 你是问他有没有进行监督审查吗? |
[28:50] | – It’s policy. – He must have. | 这是例行公事 |
[28:52] | I’m sure he did. | 他必须做的,我确定他做了 |
[28:58] | Are you doing all this for the sake of the lab or to indict Grissom ? | 你这样做是为了这个实验室还是为了指控Grissom? |
[29:04] | Catherine,there are a number of talented CSIs,like yourself, | Catherine,有很多有天份的调查员 |
[29:10] | who have put in to be supervisors. | 比如你自己,就是干主管的料 |
[29:12] | I just want to make sure the right people are in the right place. | 我只是想确保物尽其用 |
[29:19] | About my request… | 说到我,我很想主管白天的班 |
[29:23] | I really would like to supervise days. | |
[29:26] | Right. You’re a single mother. Better hours. | 是的,你是单亲母亲,工作时间好,还多了一笔钱 |
[29:27] | And I bet you could use the extra cash. | |
[29:30] | No,this promotion isn’t about money. | 不,这次提升不是为了钱 |
[29:33] | Must be nice to be independently wealthy. | 独立又有钱一定不错 |
[29:40] | We’re done here,right ? | 我们谈完了,对吧 |
[29:45] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[30:16] | Vacuum metal deposition. | 真空金属沉积 |
[30:18] | Sometimes the evidence isn’t in the bag… it’s on it. | 有时证据不在袋子里面而是在袋子上面 |
[30:47] | Comparing unknown matchbook print to garbage bag print. | 将未知的纸板火柴上的指纹和垃圾袋上的对比 |
[30:56] | – Game,set… – Match. | 游戏开始 吻合 |
[31:00] | We’re closed. | 我们关门了 |
[31:03] | Hey,did you hear me ? I said we’re closed. | 嗨,你听到了吗?我说我们关门了 嗨…救命! |
[31:21] | It wasn’t my restaurant. | 不是我的餐馆,不关我的事 |
[31:24] | It wasn’t my problem. | |
[31:26] | You lied to us. | 你对我们撒谎 |
[31:28] | Said you were living in L.A. at the time of the murder. | 告诉我们案发时你住在洛杉矶 |
[31:31] | But while your parents were in court, | 当你父母在法庭诉求将那个垃圾罐移走时,是你在经营那家餐馆 |
[31:33] | suing to have that dumpster removed, | |
[31:35] | you were running the restaurant. | |
[31:37] | In fact,you signed the vendor checks that week. | 事实上,那个星期是由你给卖主签支票的 |
[31:39] | They were in a box of records your mother sent over. | 它们放在你母亲送来的盒子里 |
[31:42] | You saw the business was going under. | 你看到生意越来越差,他们的婚姻出现问题 |
[31:44] | Their marriage was in trouble. And when the judge ruled against them,you snapped. | 当法官做出不利的判决时,你情绪崩溃了 |
[31:48] | The evidence is circumstantial at best. | 这个证据充其量是推测 |
[31:51] | You can play it that way. It’s fine with us. | 你可以那样做,我们没有意见 |
[31:53] | You and your father can both stand trial. | 你和你父亲可以一起接受审判 |
[31:55] | I mean,after all,he was the one who had motive. | 我是指毕竟他是有动机的人 |
[31:57] | He threatened Larson. | 他威胁过Larson,扳手上有他的指纹 |
[31:59] | His prints were on the wrench. | |
[32:00] | You think the D.A. is going to try two people for the same crime ? | 你认为检控官会为同样的罪控诉两个嫌犯? |
[32:03] | Oh,yes,ma’am. | 哦,是的,女士 |
[32:04] | At minimum,they’re looking at conspiracy. | 至少他们看上去象同谋 |
[32:07] | As far as we know,they could’ve been in it together. | 就我们所知,他们可能是一起的 |
[32:09] | It’s easier to overpower a guy when it’s two against one. | 2打1总是会容易些 |
[32:12] | Yeah,but I don’t think it went down that way. | 是的,但我想不会这样发展下去的 |
[32:15] | After your father was convicted, | 在你父亲认罪后,你放弃了兽医的职业 |
[32:17] | you gave up on your veterinary practice. | |
[32:19] | Moved back to Vegas… | 搬回Vegas,把所有钱都用在你父亲的辩护费上了 |
[32:20] | spent every last dime you had on his defense. | |
[32:22] | Now,that tells me you had a guilty conscience. | 现在,这些告诉我你是有负罪心理 |
[32:26] | It should tell you that I love my father. | 这应该告诉你们,我是爱我父亲的 |
[32:28] | Your father spent the last five years in prison,man. | 你父亲在监狱里呆了5年,伙计 |
[32:31] | If you love him so much,why don’t you tell the truth. | 如果你那么爱他,为什么不把真相说出来 |
[32:34] | Set him free. | 让他自由 |
[32:43] | My father had nothing to do with it. | 我父亲和这些毫无关系 |
[32:46] | Keith… | 我从没想过他们会宣告一个清白的人有罪,所以我保持了沉默 |
[32:47] | I never thought that they would convict an innocent man. | 我从没想过他们会宣告一个清白的人有罪,所以我保持了沉默 |
[32:49] | So… I kept quiet. | |
[32:56] | To protect yourself. | 为了保护你自己 |
[33:05] | We’ll convene in my office at the end of your shift. | 等你下班后都到我办公室来 |
[33:07] | Regarding what ? | 为了什么? 这个案子结束了 |
[33:09] | – This case is over. – Don’t be late. | 不要迟到 嗨 |
[33:22] | What’s going on ? Dispatch said to meet you here. | 怎么回事? 送信的人说在这集合 |
[33:24] | Well,three days ago we found a John Doe | 这样的,3天前我们在一个废弃的停车场 |
[33:26] | who was shot to death in an abandoned parking lot off Strip. | 发现了一具被遗弃的无名氏尸体 |
[33:29] | Uh,there was a Mac-10 near the body. | 尸体旁有一把mac-10手枪 |
[33:31] | Gun is registered to a Paul Turlock, | 枪的注册持有者是Paul |
[33:34] | who happens to be the owner of the house. | Turlock,这间房子的主人 |
[33:36] | So you want to see if Paul Turlock and John Doe are one and the same. | 所以你是想看看Paul Turlock和无名氏是不是一个人 |
[33:39] | – Yeah. – Okay. | 是的 好吧 |
[33:44] | Odds are looking pretty good so far. | 目前看来可能性很大 |
[33:52] | Police ! Anybody here ? | 警察,有人在吗? |
[34:32] | Sara. | |
[34:38] | Any of these look like your guy ? | 这里有你们要找的人吗? |
[34:39] | Guy on the end with the “Rita” tattoo. | 旁边带”Rita”刺身的就是 |
[34:42] | Think Rita’s his mom or his girlfriend ? | 猜是他的母亲还是女朋友 |
[34:45] | If it’s not crossed out,it’s definitely his mom. | 如果没删掉的,肯定是母亲 |
[34:48] | Mac in the box. | 枪在盒子里,5把序列号都涂掉了 |
[34:50] | Five of them. Serials obliterated. | |
[34:56] | Files and grinding stone. | 锉刀和砂轮 |
[34:58] | It’s all the tools needed to convert a semi into an auto | 所有工具都是用来把半自动枪 |
[35:01] | and then cover your tracks. | 改成自动枪和掩盖痕迹的 |
[35:02] | Each modified weapon’s a separate count. | 每把改造的枪算一个 |
[35:04] | Each filed-off serial number’s a separate count. | 每个擦掉的序列号算一个 |
[35:07] | This guy was looking at ten felonies. | 这家伙有10项重罪 |
[35:08] | Actually,he already got the death penalty. | 实际上,他已经被执行死刑了 |
[35:14] | Hey,Paulie,we liked what we saw. | 嗨,Paulie,我们喜欢我们看到的 |
[35:16] | Deal’s a go. Five large for five units. | 成交,5000块买5套,我再打过来安排时间 |
[35:19] | I’ll call youse back to arrange a time. | |
[35:23] | Paulie. 9:00 p.m. Monday. | Paulie,星期一晚上9点 |
[35:26] | – That’s tonight. – “We liked what we saw” ? | 就是今晚 “我们喜欢我们看到的” |
[35:29] | That tells me that Paulie’s already met with the buyers… | 这说明Paulie已经和买主见过面 |
[35:31] | probably to show them the prototype of the Mac-10. | 可能给他们看过Mac-10的原型 |
[35:34] | Maybe they met at the parking lot where we found the body. | 也许他们就在我们发现尸体的停车场见的面 |
[35:38] | You know,most likely they’d hook up at the same location to complete the sale. | 你知道,通常他们在相同的地点碰头完成交易 |
[35:41] | Buyers don’t know he’s dead. | 买主还不知道他已经死了 |
[35:43] | Lucky for us. | 我们走运了 |
[35:56] | Hell of a job on the Larson case,Nick. | 该死的Larson案件,Nick |
[36:00] | If it weren’t for you,the son would’ve walked. | 要不是你,那个儿子就逃脱了 |
[36:03] | It was a team effort. | 这是团队的功劳 |
[36:04] | Team effort ? | 团队的功劳? |
[36:06] | Just like the Westanson case,right ? | 就象Westanson案件,是吗? |
[36:10] | Last year,that woman who burned to ashes in a barrel of diesel fuel. | 去年在柴油筒里被烧成灰的那个妇女 |
[36:14] | Yeah. Yeah,I’m familiar with the case,Conrad. | 是,是的,我熟悉那个案件,Conrad |
[36:17] | I reviewed Grissom’s report. | 我看了Grissom的报告,看上去你就像一个CSI机器 |
[36:19] | It seems to me that you were a… | |
[36:21] | one-man CSI machine. | |
[36:26] | Grissom rejected Fay Minden’s testimony, but not you. | Grissom驳回了Fay Minden的证词不过没有对你如何 |
[36:29] | No,Grissom allowed me to pursue a new lead, | 没有,Grissom允许我继续带队在他的监督下 |
[36:32] | under his supervision. | |
[36:34] | Did he offer you any other CSIs as support staff ? | 他给你配备了其他的CSI辅助人员吗? |
[36:39] | D-Don’t worry about it. | 没关系,我尊重你的独立 |
[36:41] | I respect your independence. | |
[36:45] | Anyway,good work. | 不管如何,你干的很好 |
[37:26] | Keep your hands up. No sudden moves. | 举起双手,不要动 |
[37:31] | ATF*. I’m an agent. *Bureau of Alcohol,Tobacco,Firearms,and Explosives | ATF,我是一个特工 |
[37:33] | Just keep your hands where I can see ’em,and you won’t get hurt. | 只要将双手放在我可见的地方,你不会受到伤害 |
[37:38] | Special Agent John Calder,ATF. | 特工John |
[37:41] | – He’s an undercover agent. – I don’t believe this. | Calder,ATF,他是个卧底特工 难以置信 |
[37:44] | You’re involved in a buy bust for some firearms ? | 你们在执行有关军火的诱捕? |
[37:47] | You boys burned us bad. | 你们这些家伙把我们害惨了,我们今晚计划抓人的 |
[37:48] | We were gonna make an arrest tonight. | |
[37:49] | Suspect’s name is Paul Turlock ? | 嫌犯叫Paul Turlock? |
[37:51] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[37:52] | Mr. Turlock A.D.’d a Mac into his femoral artery. | Turlock先生打断了股动脉,你们晚了四天 |
[37:55] | You guys are four days too late. | |
[37:57] | Wrap it up,boys,let’s go home. | |
[38:00] | If I understand you correctly, the latent fingerprint on the matchbook… | 如果我理解的正确,隐伏在纸板火柴上的指纹 |
[38:04] | continued to process itself after you were finished. | 在你完成检查后,自己仍在继续变化 |
[38:08] | Theoretically,yes. | 理论上说,是的 |
[38:10] | As I know you are aware,I’ve asked Sofia | 我知道你清楚我让Sofia检查 |
[38:13] | to review your handling of the Max Larson homicide. | 你对Max Larson凶杀案的处理 |
[38:17] | Did Supervisor Grissom violate any procedures in mishandling the evidence ? | Grissom主管在处理证据时有没有违反任何程序? |
[38:26] | I don’t believe he mishandled anything. | 我不认为他做错了什么 |
[38:29] | He followed laboratory protocol, | 他遵循了实验室规章 |
[38:31] | and when he saw that the evidence didn’t correspond to his records, | 当他看到证据和他的记录不相符时,他通知了检控官并且撤出了这个案子 |
[38:35] | he notified the D.A. and recused himself from case review. | |
[38:40] | Are you saying that | 你是说,他处理出庭时发现的新证据是符合规章的? |
[38:42] | his handling of the discovery of new evidence | |
[38:45] | while on the stand is within our protocols ? | |
[38:52] | As it applies to this case,yes. | 对于这个案件,是的 |
[39:05] | In the… in the process of investigating this case, | 在调查这个案件的过程中 |
[39:08] | your ability to supervise has come into question. | 你的主管能力值得怀疑 |
[39:12] | Isn’t that a little beyond the scope of this inquiry ? | 是不是有点超出这次质询的范围了? |
[39:17] | Again,we have no evidence that Grissom violated any protocols or proc… | 重申一下,我们没有任何证据显示 Grissom违反了任何规章和… |
[39:21] | Thank you for your input. | 谢谢你的信息 |
[39:22] | Okay,Conrad,what do you got ? | 好罢,Conrad,你得到什么结论?说来听听 |
[39:24] | Let’s hear it. | 单个看来,没有什么触犯纪律 |
[39:25] | Well,taken individually,there’s nothing specific that warrants disciplinary action. | 单个看来,没有什么触犯纪律 |
[39:29] | However,my investigation has led me to question | 不过我的调查让我怀疑 |
[39:33] | the effectiveness of your team and your ability to lead it. | 你的团队效率以及你的带队能力 |
[39:40] | I’m breaking you guys up. | 我打算把你们分开 |
[39:45] | Excuse me ? | 什么? |
[39:46] | I’ve already spoken with the director. | 我已经和头说了,职员分配是我的工作范围 |
[39:48] | Staff assignments are under my purview. | |
[39:51] | Catherine Effective immediately, | |
[39:52] | Catherine Willows will be promoted to swing shift supervisor… | Willows提升为小夜班的主管,立即生效 |
[39:55] | Wait a minute,Catherine applied for days. | 等一会,Catherine申请的是白班 |
[39:57] | I do what’s best for the lab. | 我做的对实验室最好 |
[40:00] | I’ve decided to move the swing shift supervisor to days… | 我决定换小夜班主管到白班 |
[40:03] | I’ve been the acting supervisor of days for the past month… | 上个月我是白班的执行主管,我觉得我有这个能力 |
[40:07] | I believe I’ve proven myself capable. | |
[40:09] | Warrick Brown and Nick Stokes will report to Catherine. | Warrick Brown和Nick Stokes将向Catherine汇报 |
[40:12] | Greg Sanders,pending his proficiency, | Greg Sanders,看他的熟练程度 |
[40:15] | Sara Sidle and Sofia will report to you. | Sara Sidle和Sofia向你汇报 |
[40:19] | You’re demoting me. | 你把我降级? |
[40:20] | I think you and Grissom suit each other. | 我觉得你和Grissom配合很好 |
[40:25] | Why are you doing this ? | 你为什么这样做? |
[40:27] | There’s been a chronic lack of supervision on the graveyard shift. | 夜班长期以来缺乏监管 |
[40:30] | Your people have been covering for you,Gil. | 你的人全护着你,Gil,护你的短 |
[40:32] | For your shortcomings. | |
[40:34] | Before your mismanagement jeopardizes this lab, | 在你的错误管理危及到实验室前 |
[40:37] | I’m rectifying the situation. | 我得纠正这个局面 |
[40:44] | My decision is final. | 我这是最终决定 |
[40:53] | He kind of talked to all of us. | 他基本上和我们全谈了 |
[40:56] | It was more like he ambushed all of us. | 我们更像受了他的伏击 |
[40:59] | Real sorry,Grissom. | 真抱歉,Grissom |
[41:01] | There’s no reason to be. | 不用这样 |
[41:02] | Look,Ecklie doesn’t have a scientific bone in his body. | 你看,Ecklie根本没有科学头脑 |
[41:07] | He starts with the answers he wants and then devises the questions to get them. | 他从想要的结果开始,然后找可以得到这些结果的问题 |
[41:11] | This sucks. | |
[41:13] | This guy has been kissing ass all his life, | 太恶心了,这家伙就会拍马屁 |
[41:16] | he’s trying to tell me… He’s trying to tell us | 他想教我,教我们如何成一个好主管? |
[41:18] | what makes a good supervisor. What makes a good team ? | 如何成一个好团队? |
[41:22] | Well,if a team gets used to doing things a certain way | 如果一个团队开始墨守成规那么它就开始失去效率 |
[41:25] | just because that’s the way they’ve always done them, | |
[41:27] | then they start to lose their effectiveness. | |
[41:30] | Oh,come on. You don’t really believe that. | 不是吧,你不会真这样想吧 |
[41:33] | No. I believe that the longer a team works together, | 不是的,我认为一个团队一起工作的越长,就会变得越强 |
[41:36] | the stronger they become. | |
[41:37] | But I’m not in charge of the lab, | 可是我不是实验室负责人,也不想是 |
[41:39] | nor would I want to be. | |
[41:42] | I got this… | 让我来付,我现在正好带了这么多现金 |
[41:44] | That’s the kind of cash I’m bringing down right now. | |
[41:51] | I always knew there’d come a time when we weren’t… | 我知道总有一天我们得分开只是没想到是这样 |
[41:54] | working together anymore. | |
[41:54] | I just didn’t think it’d be under these circumstances. | |
[42:06] | Brown. | Brown,好的 |
[42:08] | Okay. All right. | |
[42:11] | No,I’ll tell Nick. | 不用,我告诉Nick,我们到那里再见 |
[42:13] | We’ll see you there. Congrats,by the way. All right. | 哦,顺便祝贺你 |
[42:21] | My new supervisor. | 我的新主管 |
[42:23] | – Catherine ? – Yeah. | 是的 |
[42:27] | Good. | 不错 |
[42:28] | Well,I got to get some rest. | 哦,我得先休息一下,小夜班下午4点开始,变了很多 |
[42:31] | Swing shift starts at 4:00 in the afternoon. | |
[42:34] | That’s a big change. | |
[42:35] | Heracleitus once said, | Heracleitus曾经说过 |
[42:37] | “It is in changing that we find purpose.” | “在变化中我们才能找到目标” |
[42:41] | Well,thanks to you,this job, | 呵,谢谢,对于这份工作,我早有目标 |
[42:44] | I already know my purpose. | 再见 |