时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | The unknown subject we’re looking for | 我们要找的不明嫌犯 |
[00:04] | is a male, most likely in his 20s, | 为男性 根据两位被害人的情况 |
[00:06] | based on the two victims so far. | 嫌犯很可能二十多岁 |
[00:09] | But before we go any further, | 但因为没有更多线索 |
[00:10] | we need to be clear. | 我们必须澄清 |
[00:11] | Age is the most difficult variable to predict. | 年龄是最难预测的变量 |
[00:14] | He could be in his 40s. | 他也可能是四十多岁 |
[00:15] | A very fit 40s. | 相对年龄较为健壮 |
[00:17] | So our point is, | 我们想强调的就是 |
[00:19] | the profile is a guide only. | 侧写只是参考 |
[00:21] | It’s an investigative tool, | 是协助调查的工具 |
[00:23] | and we need to stress that. | 这是我们需要强调的 |
[00:25] | All we have is a series of deductions, | 我们只有一系列的推断 |
[00:28] | but one of those deductions | 但其中一条就是 |
[00:29] | is that the unsub knew his victims personally. | 嫌犯和被害人有私交 |
[00:32] | Which is why we’re delivering the profile to you, | 所以我们要把侧写告知你们 |
[00:34] | because you also knew the victims. | 因为你们也都认识被害人 |
[00:36] | So, our goal is not to make you uncomfortable | 所以我们无意让你们不适 |
[00:40] | or suspicious. Normally we wouldn’t | 或是引起你们的疑心 通常我们也不会 |
[00:41] | even give the profile this early, | 那么早就给出侧写 |
[00:44] | but you are our best chance | 但只有靠你们 |
[00:46] | at discovering the identity of– | 我们才可能知道嫌犯的 |
[00:48] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[00:49] | I have a question for Agent Rossi. | 我想问罗西探员一个问题 |
[00:51] | Go ahead. | 请 |
[00:52] | Why did your last book | 你最近那本书 |
[00:54] | suck so bad? | 为什么那么烂 |
[00:58] | Well, we’re not gonna talk about that now. | 现在我们不打算谈那个 |
[00:59] | Really? That’s all I want to talk about. | 是吗 可我只关心这个 |
[01:02] | I mean, you even consider that Tommy Yates was a patsy? | 你有想过汤米·叶茨可能是代人受过吗 |
[01:05] | Look, we get it, ok? | 我明白你的意思 |
[01:07] | You have no reason to trust us. | 你完全没有理由信任我们 |
[01:09] | We’re the FBI, and you are the official community | 我们是联调局 而你们是新墨西哥州 |
[01:12] | of the Roswell, New Mexico, truthers. | 罗斯韦尔的真相论者官方社群 |
[01:14] | Thanks for not calling us conspiracy theorists. | 多谢没有说我们是阴谋论者 |
[01:16] | Well, we know you don’t like that term. | 因为你们不喜欢那个叫法 |
[01:18] | While we don’t agree with your opinions, a lot of people do. | 尽管我们不同意你们的看法 但有很多人相信 |
[01:22] | Like how September 11th was an inside job, | 比如9/11袭击是国家内部所为 |
[01:25] | or how vapor trails from jets are poisonous, | 比如喷气机的蒸汽尾迹有毒 |
[01:29] | or how lizard people are secretly running the government. | 比如政府是由蜥蜴人在暗中掌控 |
[01:33] | Confirmation from the FBI. You all heard it. | 联调局亲口证实 大家都听到了 |
[01:36] | No, no, that’s specifically not what I was… | 不是 我的意思才不是 |
[01:42] | Ok. We need your help | 好吧 我们需要你们帮忙 |
[01:44] | to stop a killer who is hiding in this group. | 制止藏身于这个团体里的一位杀手 |
[01:46] | That’s why we are having this here in this Legion Hall | 所以我们选在这个军团大厅 |
[01:50] | and not at the police station. | 而非警局 |
[01:51] | We don’t want you to feel surveilled– | 因为我们不希望你们认为自己受到监 |
[01:53] | What did you put in my pocket?! | 你们往我口袋里放了什么 |
[01:55] | – Gun! – Drop it! | -枪 -放下 |
[01:58] | Drop it! | 放下 |
[02:01] | All right, everybody calm down. | 没事 大家都冷静 |
[02:04] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[02:07] | I’m Emily. | 我叫艾米莉 |
[02:09] | Emily Prentiss. It says right here. | 艾米莉·潘提斯 这儿上面写着呢 |
[02:11] | The reason I’m asking is so we can have a conversation. | 我问你名字是希望能跟你进行交流 |
[02:14] | Doug. | 道格 |
[02:16] | I’m Doug. | 我叫道格 |
[02:16] | Great, Doug. Let’s just take a second. | 很好 道格 咱们都不要急 |
[02:18] | Let’s think through the logic of this. | 我们来想想其中的逻辑 |
[02:21] | I–I didn’t do any of this! | 我…不是我干的 |
[02:22] | We’re not saying you did, | 我们没说是你 |
[02:24] | but you are making things worse with that gun. | 但你手上拿着枪对情况无益 |
[02:27] | The reason we asked you here, | 叫你们来的目的 |
[02:29] | the only reason, is to listen. That’s all. | 唯一的目的 是想传达讯息 仅此而已 |
[02:32] | Ok? So just listen. | 明白吗 所以你只需要接受讯息 |
[02:36] | Listen. Put the gun down. | 接受讯息 把枪放下 |
[02:43] | I know a false flag when I see one. | 嫁祸行径我一看便知 |
[02:45] | – You bitch! – No! | -你个贱人 -不 |
[03:17] | False Flag | 栽赃 |
[03:22] | “Once you eliminate the impossible, | 一旦排除了所有的不可能 |
[03:24] | whatever remains, no matter how improbable, | 不论剩下的是什么 看来多么难以置信 |
[03:27] | must be the truth.” | 肯定就是真相 |
[03:28] | Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. | 阿瑟·柯南·道尔爵士 |
[03:33] | Can I go home now? | 我现在可以回家了吗 |
[03:36] | No. We’re holding you and your friends for 24 hours. | 不行 我们将拘留你们二十四小时 |
[03:40] | You’re all persons of interest in a murder investigation. | 你们都是谋杀调查中的嫌疑人 |
[03:43] | Murder? What, Doug killed himself. | 谋杀 什么 道格是自杀的 |
[03:45] | True. But there are still two other victims to account for. | 没错 但此外还有两位被害人 |
[03:49] | Now, normally when there’s a public suicide, | 如果有人当着众人的面自杀 |
[03:51] | it’s because the suspect is the serial killer | 通常情况是因为他就是连环杀手 |
[03:53] | and he’s killed himself out of guilt. | 出于内疚而自我了结 |
[03:55] | But we can’t prove that yet, | 但我们还没有证据 |
[03:56] | so, our investigation is still open. | 所以调查仍将继续 |
[04:00] | He said this whole thing was a false flag, | 他说了这整件事都是栽赃嫁祸 |
[04:02] | which means he thought you were trying to frame him. | 意思就是他认为是你们想陷害他 |
[04:04] | I know what a false flag is. | 我知道什么叫嫁祸 |
[04:06] | The FBI doesn’t frame people. | 联调局不会陷害人 |
[04:09] | What, not anymore? | 怎么 收手了 |
[04:12] | You know, all of your friends have lawyered up. | 你那些朋友要么找了律师 |
[04:15] | Called us Nazis, or both. | 要么叫我们纳粹 要么两者皆有 |
[04:18] | But you haven’t. | 但你都没有 |
[04:20] | So? | 所以 |
[04:21] | So that tells me you want to get | 所以说明你和我们一样 |
[04:22] | to the bottom of this just as much as we do. | 希望能够查明真相 |
[04:27] | Do you know what a podcast is? | 你知道什么叫播客吗 |
[04:29] | I do. | 知道 |
[04:31] | Well, I have one. | 我就有一个 |
[04:32] | So if we’re actually gonna do this, | 所以如果你想这么做 |
[04:34] | you give me back my phone | 就把手机还给我 |
[04:36] | and I record our conversation | 我把对话录下来 |
[04:37] | for my podcast, ’cause I’m not talking to you | 放播客上 如果不能加以记录 |
[04:40] | without documenting everything. | 我是不会和你们谈的 |
[04:43] | You want this on the record? | 你想全程录音 |
[04:46] | Of course. I want this on the record. | 当然 我想全程录音 |
[04:48] | Otherwise I’m lawyering up with all my friends. | 否则我就和他们一块儿找律师 |
[04:50] | So what do you say? | 你怎么说 |
[04:57] | The answer’s no. | 不行 |
[04:58] | I think we should consider it. | 我觉得可以考虑一下 |
[05:00] | No. She will control the audio. | 不行 她会把控录音 |
[05:02] | She can twist your words, | 她可以歪曲你的话 |
[05:03] | edit them to make the bureau look bad. | 编辑录音给局里难看 |
[05:06] | We already look bad. | 已经很难看了 |
[05:08] | The brass is gonna want to know | 上面也会想知道 |
[05:09] | how and why doug killed himself in front of us. | 道格怎么会在我们面前自杀 |
[05:11] | Yeah, and that’s my ass, | 是的 但那是我要操心的 |
[05:13] | but I’m not making this situation worse | 但我不想给这个局面 |
[05:14] | than it already is. | 火上浇油 |
[05:15] | Garcia, have we confirmed that this truther’s even legit? | 加西亚 你核实这个真相论者的说法了吗 |
[05:19] | Of course I’ve confirmed that, and she is. | 当然作了确认 她遵纪守法 |
[05:21] | Melissa Miller has a pretty popular truther podcast, | 梅丽莎·米勒的真相论者播客大受欢迎 |
[05:27] | Especially around Roswell. | 尤其在罗斯韦尔地区 |
[05:28] | She promotes all kinds of conspiracies, | 她提出各种阴谋猜测 |
[05:30] | but her cause celebre is staged shootings. | 但是她最轰动的节目是官方策划的枪击案 |
[05:34] | So she thinks the reason we have gun violence, | 所以她认为那些枪支暴力事件 |
[05:36] | it’s been faked by the government | 是由政府假造 |
[05:38] | as a pretext to revoke the Second Amendment. Nice. | 作为废除第二修正案的理由 太棒了 |
[05:41] | It’s another reason not to do this. | 这是另一个我们不能这么做的理由 |
[05:43] | Or it’s the exact reason to do this. | 或者这正是我们要做的理由 |
[05:46] | What was tonight, other than a staged shooting, | 今晚算什么 不正是官方策划的枪杀吗 |
[05:49] | and why is she the only one willing to cooperate? | 为什么她是唯一一个愿意合作的 |
[05:51] | Unsubs like to insert themselves into the investigation. | 嫌犯喜欢将自己置身调查之中 |
[05:55] | Profile skews male, but she could be a partner. | 侧写倾向是男性 但她可能是从犯 |
[05:58] | Ok, then, if she isn’t involved, | 就算她没参与 |
[05:59] | I can get her to talk. | 我也可以让她开口 |
[06:00] | I’m a forensic psychologist. | 我是犯罪心理学家 |
[06:01] | I’m trained to outwit and outsmart | 我接受的训练是要靠智慧战胜 |
[06:03] | clinical psychopaths far more dangerous than her. | 那些远比她危险的精神病罪犯 |
[06:06] | But if we’re wrong, she’s going to post her podcast. | 但如果我们错了 她会发表她的播客 |
[06:09] | Then what? Then we’re the next example of fake news. | 然后呢 然后我们就成了下一个假新闻 |
[06:14] | Look, everybody, give us a second. | 听着 大家 让我们单独聊一下 |
[06:17] | You, too, Garcia. | 还有你 加西亚 |
[06:24] | We don’t just have egg on our face, | 我们不只是被扔了满脸鸡蛋 |
[06:26] | we have blood on our hands. | 我们还沾了满手鲜血 |
[06:27] | It’s not like these conspiracy theorists | 这些阴谋论者 |
[06:29] | are gonna be quiet. | 不会就此缄默 |
[06:31] | I am aware of that. I need options. | 我知道 我需要其他选择 |
[06:33] | We’re out of them. | 没有其他选择了 |
[06:34] | The profile says it’s a truther, | 侧写表明嫌犯是真相论者 |
[06:36] | and only one of them is talking to us. | 只有其中一人愿意跟我们谈 |
[06:40] | We have to throw a hail mary. | 我们只能孤注一掷 |
[06:45] | Say something. We need to make sure | 说点什么 我们得确定 |
[06:46] | the levels are good. | 录音效果没问题 |
[06:48] | I’m Dr. Tara Lewis of the BAU– | 我是行为分析组的塔拉·露易丝博士 |
[06:50] | No. Say something interesting. | 不行 说点有趣的 |
[06:52] | Tell me how you really feel about truthers. | 告诉我你对真相论者的真正感受 |
[06:54] | My audience could use a sense | 我的听众需要了解 |
[06:55] | of the FBI’s bias against us. | 联调局对我们的偏见 |
[07:00] | I got my Ph.D. by taking a theory, | 我拿到博士学位是靠假设一个理论 |
[07:04] | testing it, and then proving my results. | 进行试验 然后证明我的结论 |
[07:07] | Now, proving my results means that I take those results | 证明我的结论就意味着我拿着结论 |
[07:09] | and I turn them over to other scientists | 将它们交给其他科学家 |
[07:10] | to see if they can replicate them. | 看他们是否能进行复制 |
[07:12] | And if they can’t, then my theory was wrong. | 如果他们不能 那我的理论就是错的 |
[07:15] | See, that’s science. A consensus of evidence | 看 这就是科学 达成的共识 |
[07:18] | that we call truth. | 我们称之为真相 |
[07:20] | What you do is different. | 你们做的却不是这样 |
[07:21] | Oh, no, it’s not. | 没什么不一样 |
[07:22] | Yes, it is. | 就是不一样 |
[07:23] | Because your theories are unprovable. | 因为你们的理论是无法证实的 |
[07:27] | Give me one. | 随便说一个 |
[07:28] | President Obama wasn’t born here. | 奥巴马总统不是在这里出生的 |
[07:30] | He was born in Kenya. | 他出生于肯尼亚 |
[07:32] | Perfect. That’s perfect. | 很好 很好 |
[07:33] | So, I show you his long-form birth certificate, | 所以我给你看了他全部的出生证明 |
[07:36] | and then you would respond that it’s been faked | 然后你会说文件是假的 |
[07:38] | because that’s how deep the conspiracy goes. | 因为阴谋就是这么深 |
[07:40] | And then that becomes your argument | 然后这个理论就会用来 |
[07:42] | against any evidence that I provide. | 对付所有我提供的其他证据 |
[07:44] | It’s a cognitive trick that keeps you | 这是种认知技巧 |
[07:46] | from having to admit that life is messy. | 让你不必承认生活很混乱 |
[07:50] | It’s random. Not everything fits | 生活是随机的 不是所有事都能 |
[07:52] | the easy explanation that a conspiracy gives you. | 用阴谋论来简单解释的 |
[07:55] | All right, then. Well, let’s talk about the murders. | 好吧 让我们来聊聊谋杀案吧 |
[07:58] | When did you first hear about them? | 你们是什么时候听说的 |
[08:00] | Yesterday. When we were invited in. | 昨天 我们受到邀请时 |
[08:03] | It’s time to get out our tinfoil hats, my fine furry friends, | 是时候戴上锡箔帽了 我毛茸茸的朋友们 |
[08:07] | Because we are on our way to Roswell, New Mexico, | 因为我们要去新墨西哥州的罗斯韦尔市了 |
[08:11] | aka, ground zero of conspiracy theorists | 那里也被称为阴谋论者的起源地 |
[08:13] | because of a certain alien crash– | 因为那起外星人坠落事件 |
[08:15] | I mean weather balloon. | 我是说气象气球坠落事件 |
[08:16] | The sheriff there has had two suspicious deaths | 那里的警长在过去四十八小时内 |
[08:19] | over the last 48 hours. | 发现了两起可疑死亡 |
[08:21] | Both victims were members of the truther movement. | 两名死者都是真相论者运动的成员 |
[08:24] | Yes, which is a group of conspiracy theorists | 没错 那就是一群阴谋论者 |
[08:27] | who share their out-there beliefs online with each other. | 会在网上发表分享自己的理论 |
[08:30] | No judgment here. | 对此不予置评 |
[08:31] | Let’s look at our first victim Bryan Behar. | 先看看第一名死者布莱恩·比哈尔 |
[08:33] | He believed that the fluoride they put in our drinking water | 他认为在我们饮用水中放入的氟化物 |
[08:36] | is a mind-control agent meant to keep us docile. | 是一种能让百姓听话的思想控制剂 |
[08:38] | He died by drowning. | 他死于溺水 |
[08:39] | People drown all the time, you say. | 虽然世上随时都有人淹死 |
[08:40] | I say not in their own aquariums. | 但没人会溺毙于自家水族箱里 |
[08:41] | So the M.O. matches his conspiracy. | 所以作案手法和他的理论一致 |
[08:43] | Is that a coincidence or a choice? | 这是巧合还是故意的 |
[08:45] | That depends on victim number two. | 那取决于二号受害者 |
[08:47] | That’s Carl Lee. | 卡尔·李 |
[08:48] | He’s a JFK conspiracy nut | 他是肯尼迪枪击案的阴谋论者 |
[08:50] | who was shot once in the throat. | 喉部中枪而死 |
[08:52] | As anyone who saw the Zapruder film knows, | 所有看过现场目击者赞普德所摄录像的人都知道 |
[08:54] | that’s where the first bullet struck Kennedy. | 那就是第一发子弹击中肯尼迪的部位 |
[08:56] | Carl Lee we can definitively classify as a homicide, | 卡尔·李肯定可以定性为他杀 |
[08:59] | but the drowning death–that could have another explanation. | 但溺死的那个也许有其他解释 |
[09:02] | That’s why we’ll be treating this | 因此我们要将此案 |
[09:03] | as an equivocal death investigation. | 当作可疑死亡进行调查 |
[09:05] | Wheels up in 20. | 二十分钟后出发 |
[09:06] | Back up. What was that term you used? | 等等 你刚刚说的是什么词 |
[09:08] | Equivocal something? | 可疑什么 |
[09:09] | An equivocal death investigation. | 可疑死亡调查 |
[09:11] | It’s an investigation where we consider all options. | 是说我们会考虑所有可能性 |
[09:14] | It could be a murder, but it could also be a suicide | 可能是谋杀 也可能是自杀 |
[09:16] | or an accident or even natural causes. | 或是事故 甚至是自然原因 |
[09:20] | Are you saying these murders weren’t murder? | 你是说这些谋杀可能不是谋杀 |
[09:23] | Is that the FBI’s official position? | 这是联调局的官方说法吗 |
[09:25] | I’m saying we let clues guide us to a deduction. | 我是说我们会根据线索进行推理 |
[09:28] | We don’t jump to conclusions. | 我们不会直接得出结论 |
[09:29] | But as we were flying here, | 但我们飞到这的路上 |
[09:31] | our technical analyst uncovered something unusual. | 我们的技术分析师发现了些不寻常的事 |
[09:33] | Right. Your technical analyst. | 没错 你们的技术分析师 |
[09:35] | That would be Penelope Garcia? | 是佩内洛普·加西亚 |
[09:37] | Yeah. I looked up your whole team before coming in here. | 没错 我来这前查了你们队伍的所有成员 |
[09:41] | Why did you do that? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[09:42] | Because I’m a naturally suspicious person | 因为我是个天生爱怀疑的人 |
[09:44] | who wanted to get a feel for your methods. | 想对你们的方法有个了解 |
[09:47] | Specifically the illegal surveillance that the fbi | 尤其是联调局喜欢通过 |
[09:50] | is willing to resort to to frame innocent men and women. | 非法监控来陷害无辜的人 |
[09:54] | As I said, the FBI doesn’t frame anyone, | 我说过 联调局不陷害别人 |
[09:57] | And we certainly don’t do anything illegal. | 我们也不会做任何非法的事 |
[09:59] | Well, I guess that depends on what Garcia found | 我猜那取决于加西亚发现了什么 |
[10:02] | and how she found it. | 以及她是怎么发现的 |
[10:06] | So what did she find? | 她发现了什么 |
[10:07] | It looks like our two victims | 看上去两名死者 |
[10:09] | were talking via encrypted texts. | 通过加密短信交流过 |
[10:11] | It took a while to break, | 我花了点时间破解 |
[10:12] | And their conversation was short, | 他们的对话很简短 |
[10:15] | but its content | 不过内容 |
[10:16] | made my perfectly shaped eyebrows go, “Hmm?” | 真的是让我大吃一惊 |
[10:20] | Carl says to Bryan, “I think I’m close | 卡尔对布莱恩说 “我觉得我 |
[10:21] | to finding out who it is.” | 快查出他是谁了” |
[10:22] | To which Bryan says, | 布莱恩回复说 |
[10:24] | “Maybe we should go to the police.” | “也许我们该去报警” |
[10:25] | And Carl says, “What good would that do?” | 卡尔说 “那有什么好处” |
[10:27] | Well, that could be motive. | 这可能就是动机 |
[10:28] | Whatever Carl was close to finding | 不管卡尔快发现的是什么 |
[10:29] | could have killed him and Bryan. | 很有可能导致他和布莱恩被害 |
[10:30] | At first glance, yeah. | 乍看之下 确实如此 |
[10:32] | But we’re talking about conspiracy theorists here, | 但是我们谈论的可是阴谋论者 |
[10:35] | and a lot of them suffer from association fallacy. | 他们中很多人都有联想谬论 |
[10:37] | Let’s say you thought Lyndon Johnson | 假如说你觉得林登·约翰逊[第三十六任美国总统] |
[10:40] | had JFK killed in order to escalate the war in Vietnam. | 为了加剧越南战争 暗杀了肯尼迪 |
[10:42] | Ok, stop right there. | 好了 打住 |
[10:45] | What? | 怎么 |
[10:46] | You guys have a jet? | 你们有架喷气机 |
[10:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:49] | A jet. | 喷气机 |
[10:50] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:52] | Black helicopters surveilling the American people. | 有许多黑色直升机一直在监视美国民众 |
[10:55] | No, no, that’s ridiculous. | 不 不 这太离谱了 |
[10:57] | But a little branch of the FBI | 但是一个联调局的小部门 |
[10:59] | has its own private jet. | 都有自己的私人飞机 |
[11:01] | Ok, one, I never said the FBI doesn’t | 好了 首先我从没说过联调局 |
[11:04] | have black helicopters. | 没有黑色直升机 |
[11:05] | And, two, when people are being murdered, | 其次 如果有人被害 |
[11:07] | we have to respond quickly. | 我们需要迅速反应 |
[11:10] | A jet. | 一架喷气机 |
[11:11] | I can’t even. | 简直不敢想象 |
[11:14] | Sorry. Where were we? | 抱歉 我们说到哪了 |
[11:15] | Let’s say you thought Lyndon Johnson | 假如说你觉得林登·约翰逊 |
[11:18] | had JFK killed in order to escalate the war in Vietnam. | 为了加剧越南战争 暗杀了肯尼迪 |
[11:21] | That’s ridiculous. Everybody knows that– | 太荒唐了 所有人都知道 |
[11:23] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[11:24] | We’re not getting into that again. | 我们不要再深入讨论这件事了 |
[11:26] | Go ahead, Luke. | 你继续说 卢克 |
[11:30] | my point is, that if you thought | 我的观点是 如果你觉得 |
[11:32] | the government could do that, | 政府有可能做了这件事 |
[11:34] | then you were likely believe that they’d | 那你很可能相信在9/11袭击 |
[11:35] | brought down the towers on 9-11. | 也是他们摧毁的双子塔 |
[11:37] | Pretty soon you’re down that rabbit hole | 然后很快你就会越陷越深 |
[11:38] | and you see everything as a plot. | 然后认为所有事件背后都有阴谋 |
[11:41] | So maybe these guys weren’t into anything. | 所以或许这些家伙并没在查任何事 |
[11:43] | Maybe they just talked themselves into a group delusion. | 或许他们只是把自己忽悠进了一个群体幻觉 |
[11:46] | Ok, we should investigate that when we land. | 那好 着陆就开始调查这点 |
[11:48] | And since the police are mentioned so prominently | 既然他们短信里专门提到了警方 |
[11:50] | on the text, they might know | 警察或许知道 |
[11:52] | what the victims were looking into. | 两位死者在调查什么 |
[11:54] | The Chicago mob, right? Killed JFK. | 是芝加哥黑手党吧 暗杀了肯尼迪 |
[11:58] | He gets it. | 他懂了 |
[11:58] | No. Don’t get him started, Matt. | 别 别惹他打开话匣子 马特 |
[12:00] | Next, he’ll be showing you Youtube clips. | 接下来他就会给你看网上的视频片段 |
[12:06] | So I’m sure when you flew in, | 我相信你们一到 |
[12:07] | they showed you Carl and Bryan’s police record. | 他们就展示了卡尔和布莱恩的警方记录 |
[12:09] | They did. And what we saw were 4 years of reports | 没错 我们看到近四年来 |
[12:12] | that both men were convinced someone was watching them. | 这两人多次报警称受到监视 |
[12:14] | But despite his best efforts, Sheriff Bowman | 但鲍曼警长尽了最大努力 |
[12:16] | was never able to find any evidence of stalking. | 也没找到任何他们被跟踪的证据 |
[12:18] | Oh, yeah. ’cause he tried really hard. | 真是查得尽心尽力啊 |
[12:20] | You know what was much more interesting | 更有趣的是 |
[12:22] | was what we found when we walked the crime scenes. | 我们在犯罪现场发现的东西 |
[12:26] | The glass is 3/4 of an inch thick and that’s sturdy. | 玻璃有两厘米厚 非常坚固 |
[12:29] | If you wanted to drown someone in an aquarium, | 你要是想在水族箱里淹死人 |
[12:31] | that would do the trick. | 这么厚的玻璃就足够了 |
[12:32] | They said there was a bleach solution in the water, | 他们说水里有漂白剂的成分 |
[12:35] | so he was probably cleaning it | 所以他可能正在清洁玻璃 |
[12:36] | and his ear buds were in. | 然后还戴上了耳机 |
[12:37] | Make it easy to sneak up on Bryan. | 这样很容易就能从背后偷袭布莱恩 |
[12:40] | Unsub wouldn’t have had to work too hard. | 不明嫌犯都不用费多大气力 |
[12:44] | Bryan was startled. | 布莱恩被吓到 |
[12:45] | He took in water and bleach, | 他吸入了水和漂白剂 |
[12:48] | and he was asphyxiated before he knew what was happening. | 他还不清楚发生了什么就窒息而亡了 |
[12:51] | How did the unsub get in here? | 不明嫌犯怎么进来的 |
[12:54] | Hey, Matt, a question for you. | 马特 问你个问题 |
[12:56] | Any evidence of a break-in at your crime scene? | 你那边的犯罪现场有闯入的迹象吗 |
[12:59] | Hang on, JJ. Let me check. | 等等 小洁 我看看 |
[13:00] | Any signs of forced entry? | 有强行闯入的迹象吗 |
[13:01] | No, sir. | 没有 长官 |
[13:03] | No, none here either. | 没有 这里也没有 |
[13:05] | What I am seeing is an unsub who covers up his tracks. | 我注意到不明嫌犯很会掩饰行踪 |
[13:08] | It looks like he shot Carl in the throat… | 他先一枪射中了卡尔的喉部 |
[13:12] | Bullet was a through and through. | 子弹穿喉而过 |
[13:15] | Came out the other side of Carl’s neck | 从卡尔脖子后方射出 |
[13:16] | and went in the wall. | 射入墙内 |
[13:18] | Dug it out, picked up the casing, | 他把子弹挖了出来 捡起了弹壳 |
[13:20] | took the gun with him. | 把枪也拿走了 |
[13:21] | So this guy knows how to clean up after himself | 所以这人知道该如何善后 |
[13:23] | and how to get in and out of two houses without detection. | 也能进出两幢住房均无人察觉 |
[13:30] | JJ, let me call you back. | 小洁 我待会打给你 |
[13:39] | Looks like an RFID card. | 看起来像射频识别卡 |
[13:43] | What’s it go to? | 用它能打开什么 |
[13:45] | That’s the question. | 这是问题所在 |
[14:08] | Well, hello. | 瞧瞧 |
[14:21] | That gun’s missing. | 枪不见了 |
[14:23] | Well, it means the unsub’s no mastermind. | 也说明不明嫌犯并非天才 |
[14:25] | It’s been right under our nose the whole time. | 一直就在我们眼皮底下 |
[14:28] | So we went through Carl’s meticulous log of his hardware, | 我们翻查了卡尔那细致的枪支记录 |
[14:31] | and the missing gun should be here. | 应该在这里的这把不见了的枪 |
[14:34] | It is a bodyguard 380. | 是把保镖380型 |
[14:35] | Now, if the unsub found this in a secret compartment, | 如果不明嫌犯在这个暗匣里找到的这把枪 |
[14:38] | then he knows Carl, probably very well. | 就说明他很了解卡尔 |
[14:41] | And based on the fortress that Carl lived in, | 考虑到卡尔住在这么一个堡垒里 |
[14:44] | it’d probably be another truther. | 嫌犯估计是另一个真相论者 |
[14:46] | No one else could get that close. | 否则没人能走得那么近 |
[14:47] | And that would explain why | 这也能解释为什么 |
[14:48] | there was no forced entry at Bryan’s either. | 布莱恩家也没有强行闯入的迹象 |
[14:51] | So when Carl said, “I’m close to finding out who it is,” | 所以当卡尔说 “我快找出他是谁了” |
[14:53] | he wasn’t talking about some secret cabal, | 他不是在讲什么秘密阴谋 |
[14:55] | he was talking about a friend. | 而是在指某位朋友 |
[14:56] | Someone he was willing to call the cops on. | 一个他宁愿去选择报警的人 |
[14:59] | We should bring all the truthers in for questioning. | 我们该把所有的真相论者都带进来问话 |
[15:01] | No, no, that won’t work. | 不 不 这行不通 |
[15:03] | They won’t cooperate under coercion. | 他们不会在威逼下合作的 |
[15:05] | Look, I say we lay all our cards out on the table. | 听着 我觉得应该把我们所知道的都摆在台面上 |
[15:07] | Let’s deliver our profile to them. | 向他们公布侧写 |
[15:09] | Oh, that’s risky. | 这很冒险 |
[15:10] | But worth it. Either one of the truthers | 但值得 要么真相论者中的人 |
[15:12] | points us to the unsub… | 会将我们指向不明嫌犯 |
[15:14] | Or he shows up himself. | 或者他会露出马脚 |
[15:16] | And that brings us up to tonight. | 这就是我们今晚在这的原因 |
[15:18] | Ballistics confirmed that the gun that killed Carl | 弹道学确认了杀害卡尔的那把枪 |
[15:20] | was the one that Doug used on himself. | 和道格所用的是同一把 |
[15:22] | All the evidence points to Doug Downey as our killer, except… | 所有证据都指向道格·唐尼 除了一点 |
[15:26] | Except you don’t have anything tying Doug | 除了你们没有证据把道格和布莱恩溺死 |
[15:27] | to Bryan’s drowning. | 联系起来 |
[15:30] | Melissa, I’ve been as transparent as I can possibly be. | 梅丽莎 我已经尽可能地开诚布公了 |
[15:33] | Is there anything we’ve missed? | 我们有遗漏什么事吗 |
[15:39] | One thing. | 一件事 |
[15:41] | But you didn’t miss it, | 但你不是遗漏 |
[15:42] | you covered it up. | 而是掩饰起来了 |
[15:44] | Specifically, that the Sheriff | 明白点说就是 警长 |
[15:47] | made us all walk through a metal detector. | 安排我们所有人走过金属探测器 |
[15:50] | What? | 什么 |
[15:52] | Don’t pretend you didn’t know that. | 别假装你不知道 |
[15:54] | And don’t pretend you don’t know why. | 也别假装你不知道原因 |
[15:55] | Someone in law enforcement | 执法机关的人 |
[15:57] | planted a gun on Doug. | 把枪放在了道格口袋里 |
[16:00] | Because what was it that he was saying earlier tonight? | 他今晚说了什么来着 |
[16:05] | What did you put in my pocket?! | 你们往我口袋里放了什么 |
[16:08] | – Gun! – Drop it! | -枪 -放下 |
[16:10] | Melissa, that doesn’t make any sense. | 梅丽莎 这完全说不通 |
[16:13] | You tell me what’s more believable– | 你来说哪个更可信 |
[16:15] | a missing gun in a wacky compartment | 一把从暗匣失踪的枪 |
[16:18] | or the police planted a bodyguard 380, | 还是警察把执法中常用的武器 |
[16:23] | a very popular firearm in law enforcement, on Doug. | 保镖380放在了道格身上 |
[16:27] | Then, they call their friends all the way in Quantico | 然后把他们匡迪科的朋友们大老远叫来 |
[16:30] | and you guys get on your fancy jet | 于是你们坐上豪华喷气机 |
[16:33] | and come out here to make sure that the cover-up’s complete. | 来到这里确保掩饰工作做得天衣无缝 |
[16:37] | That’s not what happened. | 不是这样的 |
[16:40] | Am I your unsub? Yes or no? | 我是嫌犯吗 回答我 |
[16:44] | You are a person of interest, | 你和其他今晚在这栋楼里的 |
[16:46] | just like every other Truther | 其他真相论者一样 |
[16:48] | in this building tonight. | 都是本案的重点关注对象 |
[16:49] | That’s a yes. | 所以我是 |
[16:51] | Which is why I’m recording all of this, | 所以我才要录音 |
[16:53] | to show the world exactly how far | 让全世界都知道 |
[16:56] | the FBI is willing to go | 为了掩盖事实 |
[16:58] | to cover up the truth. | 联调局会多么不择手段 |
[17:00] | Ok. Let’s take a moment. | 先等一下 |
[17:02] | I think we’ve gotten off track. | 我们好像跑题了 |
[17:04] | No, no. No, we’re, uh, | 不 不 我们 |
[17:05] | we’re right where we need to be. | 我们完全切题 |
[17:08] | See, I wanted the brilliant science of behavioral profiling | 我之前还想让精彩的行为侧写科学 |
[17:12] | to provide an answer for all this. | 来解决这些问题 |
[17:14] | I really did. | 真的 |
[17:17] | But right now, from where I’m sitting, | 但此时此刻 在我看来 |
[17:21] | this crazy conspiracy theorist | 唯一言之有理的 |
[17:24] | is the only one making any sense. | 是我这个疯狂的阴谋家 |
[17:33] | Guys, hold up. | 伙计们 扶正了 |
[17:36] | Can we plug this in somewhere? | 能接通电源吗 |
[17:37] | Yes, ma’am. | 可以 |
[17:38] | So this is the metal detector | 这是你们放在军团大厅的 |
[17:39] | you had at the Legion Hall? | 金属探测器吗 |
[17:41] | And you made all the Truthers walk through it. | 然后让所有真相论者走过去 |
[17:43] | – Yep. – And then after that | -没错 -这之后 |
[17:44] | you brought it back here to the police stations, | 你们把它带回警局 |
[17:45] | you haven’t touched it since? | 谁也没有动过它 |
[17:47] | Sheriff, why didn’t you tell us | 警长 你做这件事之前 |
[17:48] | you were gonna do that? | 为什么不告诉我们 |
[17:49] | You told us you didn’t want to spook the Truthers. | 你们说过不想吓到那些真相论者 |
[17:51] | You also told us the killer might show up, | 你们还说凶手有可能会现身 |
[17:53] | so this was for our protection. | 这是我们的防护机制 |
[17:56] | Can you tell me I was wrong? | 我哪里做错了吗 |
[17:58] | No, sheriff, you weren’t wrong, | 不 警长 你没错 |
[18:00] | but it does beg the bigger question. | 但这引出了一个更严重的问题 |
[18:02] | How the hell did Doug get a gun through that thing? | 道格拿着枪怎么通过的金属探测器 |
[18:04] | I was hoping you could answer that, | 我还指望你们回答这个问题呢 |
[18:06] | you all being the geniuses with this investigation. | 你们是协助本案的智囊团 |
[18:09] | No, that’s not right. | 不对 |
[18:11] | What do you mean it’s not right? | 什么不对 |
[18:12] | It says it right here. | 它上面就这么写的 |
[18:13] | No, that’s not what I saw. | 我看到的不是那样 |
[18:15] | Did that just– | 它刚刚是不是 |
[18:16] | Yeah. Yeah, it did. | 对 对 没错 |
[18:19] | What is it? | 怎么回事 |
[18:24] | How in the world could that happen? | 这是怎么回事 |
[18:28] | I think I might know. | 我大概知道原因了 |
[18:29] | Bullcrap. | 胡扯 |
[18:30] | Bullcrap. | 胡扯 |
[18:32] | You know, I would use stronger language, | 我也想用更重的词 |
[18:34] | but I don’t want this podcast | 但我不希望播客里 |
[18:36] | to get an explicit rating. | 有任何暴力性的语言 |
[18:37] | Well, it’s the truth. | 这是事实 |
[18:39] | Metal detectors require precise calibration. | 金属探测器需要精确校准 |
[18:41] | Otherwise, they’re susceptible to all kinds of interference. | 否则会受到各种干扰影响 |
[18:44] | Photocopiers, bluetooth, even fluorescent lighting. | 影印机 蓝牙 甚至荧光灯 |
[18:47] | The sheriff was in such a hurry to get it set up | 警长匆忙把它弄好 |
[18:49] | down at the Legion Hall that he assumed | 架在军团大厅 |
[18:51] | it would work the same way it always had, | 以为会像过去那样正常工作 |
[18:53] | but it didn’t. | 但并没有 |
[18:55] | I still don’t buy it. | 我还是不信 |
[18:58] | Do you know why? | 你知道原因吗 |
[18:59] | Why what? | 什么原因 |
[19:00] | Why you don’t buy it. | 你不信的原因 |
[19:03] | I can tell you. | 我来告诉你 |
[19:08] | It’s called proportionality bias. | 这叫做比例偏见 |
[19:10] | You see, it’s our natural human instinct | 人们本能地认为 |
[19:12] | to assume that big events have big causes. | 大事件是由重要原因引起的 |
[19:16] | We don’t want to believe that a lone gunman | 人们不愿相信杀死肯尼迪的是 |
[19:17] | killed JFK with a rifle he bought for 19.99, | 一个枪手花19.99买的来复枪 |
[19:20] | or that hijackers brought down 4 planes | 还有劫机犯用美工刀 |
[19:22] | using only box cutters. | 就劫持了四架飞机 |
[19:24] | I mean, there has to be a better explanation. | 一定会有更好的解释 |
[19:26] | We need an answer that’s more satisfying, | 我们需要更令人满意的回答 |
[19:29] | but sometimes it just isn’t. | 但有时事实并非如此 |
[19:32] | You know? Machines break down. | 机器会坏 |
[19:34] | Systems don’t work. Life is messy. | 系统会出故障 生活是混乱的 |
[19:37] | It’s random. | 是随机的 |
[19:39] | Fine. Let’s just test your version, shall we? | 好吧 那就来检验一下你的说法 怎么样 |
[19:42] | Let’s. | 好 |
[19:43] | You’re saying that Doug snuck a gun | 你是说道格偷偷藏了一把枪 |
[19:46] | through a metal detector, a metal detector | 通过了金属探测器 |
[19:47] | he would have no way of knowing was broken. | 而他并不知道它已经坏掉了 |
[19:50] | Is that your story? | 这就是你们的说法 |
[19:51] | Well, why don’t you tell me a better one. | 那你来个更好的 |
[19:54] | Not my job. | 不在我的工作范围内 |
[19:56] | What my audience wants to hear, however, | 但我的听众们希望知道 |
[19:58] | is how well your team does yours. | 你们团队工作得如何 |
[20:01] | All right, well, while Agent Prentiss and I | 潘提斯探员和我 |
[20:04] | were figuring out the mystery | 在解决出故障的 |
[20:05] | of the malfunctioning metal detector, | 金属探测器一事 |
[20:07] | Agents Jareau and Simmons headed to the morgue. | 洁婼探员和西蒙斯探员去了停尸房 |
[20:10] | So let’s presume Bryan Behar here died of asphyxiation | 我们先假设布莱恩·比哈尔死于溺水窒息 |
[20:13] | from drowning. What I can’t explain is this. | 但无法解释的是这一点 |
[20:15] | These chemical burns on his face. | 他脸上的化学烧伤 |
[20:18] | Well, he was drowned in a bleach solution. | 他溺死在漂白液中 |
[20:20] | Would that do this? | 这会造成化学烧伤吗 |
[20:21] | No. This looks like some form | 不会 但这看上去像某种 |
[20:22] | of aerosolized toxin, | 雾化毒素 |
[20:24] | but damned if I could tell you what kind. | 但并不知道具体是哪种 |
[20:26] | And that’s still not the oddest thing I’ve seen today. | 但这还不是今天看到的最奇怪的事 |
[20:29] | Mr. Carl Lee, shot in the throat, | 卡尔·李 喉咙中弹 |
[20:32] | but covering his wound, this doozy. | 用这个东西盖住了伤口 |
[20:37] | The blood matches Mr. Lee. | 血迹和李先生的符合 |
[20:38] | Myoglobin on the blood says he was alive when it happened, | 血液上的肌红蛋白证明当时他还活着 |
[20:40] | and only his prints are on it. | 上面只有他的指纹 |
[20:43] | Obviously it’s from a book, but I can’t tell which one. | 明显某本书里的 但不知道具体是哪本 |
[20:46] | We can. | 我们知道 |
[20:47] | It’s from “The Catcher in The Rye.” | 是《麦田里的守望者》 |
[20:52] | Does that mean something to you? | 对你有特殊意义吗 |
[20:55] | Of course that means something to me. | 当然有特殊意义 |
[20:58] | “The Catcher in The Rye” has been linked | 《麦田里的守望者》出版后 |
[20:59] | to multiple killers since it was first published. | 和多起谋杀案扯上了关系 |
[21:02] | And when Mark David Chapman shot John Lennon, | 查普曼枪杀约翰·列侬之后 |
[21:04] | he said, “Read ‘Catcher in The Rye.’ | 他说 看看《麦田里的守望者》 |
[21:07] | That’s my statement.” | 这就是我的宣言” |
[21:08] | It was found on John Hinckley’s bookshelf | 而约翰·欣克利枪击里根之后 |
[21:09] | after he shot Reagan. | 人们在他的书架上也找到一本 |
[21:11] | Oswald, Manson, Robert Bardo, | 刺杀肯尼迪的奥斯瓦尔德 曼森 巴尔多 |
[21:14] | they were all obsessed with it. | 全都痴迷于该书 |
[21:15] | It was the original brainwashing tool | 那正是美国政府 |
[21:17] | of the United States government. | 最早采用的洗脑工具 |
[21:18] | I wouldn’t call it that. | 我不会这么叫它 |
[21:19] | Of course you wouldn’t. | 你当然不想 |
[21:21] | Because then you’d have to admit | 因为如此一来你就不得不承认 |
[21:22] | how sophisticated the whole-scale duping | 我国的全盘欺民术 |
[21:24] | of this nation has become. | 已经发展得极为完善 |
[21:26] | I’m not following you. | 我不懂你什么意思 |
[21:27] | Aurora, Orlando, Sandy Hook. | 奥罗拉影院枪击案 奥兰多夜店枪击案 桑迪胡克小学枪击案 |
[21:31] | The United States government | 美国政府 |
[21:32] | shot up a bunch of empty buildings | 枪扫了多处空楼 |
[21:35] | and then gathered everything up | 然后把这些枪击案收集到一起 |
[21:36] | and traded it amongst themselves | 用来满足自己的利益 |
[21:37] | because that’s how plausible deniability works. | 是谓合理推诿 |
[21:43] | Sandy Hook was staged? | 桑迪胡克小学枪击案也是政府策划的吗 |
[21:45] | Sandy Hook was staged the worst. | 而且是最烂的 |
[21:48] | All those actors they threw in front of cameras | 那些演员被推到镜头前 |
[21:50] | to be grieving parents. | 装成悲痛的父母 |
[21:51] | I was screaming at my television set, | 我当时在电视前面大吼 |
[21:54] | “You’re lying!” | “都是骗子” |
[21:56] | And if they would lie about that, | 既然那都可以说谎 |
[21:58] | then they would absolutely lie about a metal detector. | 那他们当然也能在金属探测器上做手脚 |
[22:01] | So let me make one thing clear moving forward. | 我继续说下去之前 先说明一点 |
[22:05] | When I say they, I mean you. | 我所说的他们 其实指的是你 |
[22:14] | Give me one second. | 失陪一下 |
[22:37] | Son of a– | 狗娘养… |
[22:39] | What the hell kind of outfit you running here, Agent? | 你带领的团队真是厉害啊 探员 |
[22:50] | You want to talk about it? | 想谈谈吗 |
[22:53] | No. | 不 |
[22:59] | It’s OK to tap out if you want. | 如果做不了也没关系 |
[23:02] | No. Emily, I can do this. | 不 艾米莉 我可以 |
[23:05] | Has she said anything that points | 她有没有提到什么信息 |
[23:07] | to her involvement in the murders? | 说明自己和谋杀案有关的吗 |
[23:09] | Have you gotten any answers out of her? | 从她那儿得到什么解答没有 |
[23:13] | Maybe it’s time to change up the strategy. | 或许是时候改换策略了 |
[23:25] | Where’s Dr. Lewis? | 露易丝博士呢 |
[23:27] | I’m SSA Jareau. I’m here to talk to you | 我是高级督察探员洁婼 来跟你谈谈 |
[23:29] | about your favorite book, “Catcher in The Rye.” | 你最喜欢的那本书《麦田里的守望者》 |
[23:33] | I get it. | 我懂了 |
[23:34] | You’re rotating agents now, | 这是探员轮换 |
[23:35] | wearing me down so I can’t see your lies. | 耗尽我的精力 避免被看穿你们的谎言 |
[23:37] | Is that the game? | 是这么玩的吧 |
[23:38] | I just had some information | 我不过是掌握一些露易丝探员 |
[23:40] | Agent Lewis didn’t, | 没有的情报 |
[23:42] | but if you don’t want to hear it– | 既然你都不想听 |
[23:43] | No, I want to hear it. | 我想听 |
[23:52] | So after we found such a prominent clue on Carl, | 我们在卡尔身上找到这么重要的线索 |
[23:56] | we wanted to study the original text, | 就想研究原文 |
[23:58] | so we got a copy of the book. | 于是找来了一本 |
[24:00] | Apparently, “Catcher in The Rye” | 看来 《麦田里的守望者》 |
[24:02] | is the local book club selection this month. | 是本地读书俱乐部的本月推荐 |
[24:05] | And did you know that there are two actual… | 而且你知道吗 在罗斯韦尔有两家… |
[24:07] | Brick and mortar bookstores in Roswell? | 在罗斯韦尔有两家实体书店 |
[24:09] | But one of the owners was happy to give me a copy. | 其中一家很高兴给了我们一本 |
[24:11] | What page is it? | 多少页来着 |
[24:12] | Uh, 76. That’s what was on Carl. | 卡尔脖子上的是第76页 |
[24:13] | Ok, here it is. It, uh, it starts mid-sentence. | 翻到了 从句子中间开始的 |
[24:17] | “Don’t see how he could like a phony book like that | “不明白他如此徒有其表 |
[24:19] | and still like the one by Ring Lardner.” | 却仍像林·拉德纳笔下的人物” |
[24:22] | No, that’s not right. | 不对 |
[24:24] | What do you mean, it’s not right? I have it right here. | 什么不对 它上面就这么写的 |
[24:26] | That’s not what I saw. | 我看的不是那样 |
[24:28] | Did that just– | 它刚刚是不是 |
[24:29] | Yeah, see, this page 76 is different. | 看 这个第76页不一样 |
[24:32] | The page on Carl’s throat was annotated. | 卡尔脖子上的那页有注释 |
[24:33] | The publisher bolded terms and phrases for emphasis. | 出版商给字词加粗做了强调 |
[24:36] | Well, that would throw the whole layout of the book off | 如此一来 整个排版都变了 |
[24:38] | and then your page 76 wouldn’t look like this one. | 你要找的第76页就不是这里的这页了 |
[24:41] | Ok, there are two editions of the book. That’s common. | 所以这本书有两版 这很常见 |
[24:44] | But maybe it’s not the page that’s important. | 不过 或许重要的不是页数 |
[24:47] | Maybe it’s the edition. | 而是版本 |
[24:48] | The devil’s in the pitchforky little details, | 恶魔就在三角叉的小细节里 |
[24:51] | my friends. | 朋友们 |
[24:52] | I matched the formatting | 倒霉卡尔 |
[24:54] | of the text on poor doomed Carl | 他身上那页纸的排版 |
[24:57] | to a local publisher. | 符合当地一个出版商 |
[24:58] | He goes by the name of Bob Orci. | 名叫鲍勃·奥茨 |
[25:01] | He writes conspiracy- related commentary | 他给《看灰马》《锡安长老会纪要》 |
[25:04] | for books like “Behold a Pale Horse,” | 《我的奋斗》等书 |
[25:07] | “Protocols of The Elders of Zion,” | 撰写一些阴谋论相关的 |
[25:09] | “Mein Kampf.” | 评论 |
[25:10] | Books the truthers love. | 都是真相论者喜欢的书 |
[25:11] | Right now we need as much evidence as possible | 目前我们想要搜集尽可能多的证据 |
[25:13] | to prove that Doug is our unsub. | 来证明道格就是我们的嫌犯 |
[25:15] | If he bought the book we found on Carl, | 如果卡尔身上那本书是他买的 |
[25:17] | it strengthens our case. | 就能为案子提供佐证 |
[25:18] | Luke, you and Matt, bring in this publisher. | 卢克 你和马特 把这个出版商带来 |
[25:20] | I’m on it. Garcia, can you help me out with an address? | 这就去 加西亚 能麻烦你给我一个地址吗 |
[25:22] | Yeah, I’m working on the physical address of Mr. Orci as we speak. | 咱们说话的时候我正忙着查他的具体地址 |
[25:25] | The thing is, he lives so far out there | 但是他住得很偏僻 |
[25:27] | that it’s not a place where there are street numbers | 那儿的街道都没有门牌号 |
[25:28] | on the houses, so the closest single | 所以我能给你的地址 |
[25:30] | physical address I can get you is… | 只能具体到 |
[25:31] | Route 3, Greenwood Way? | 格林伍德路三号线 |
[25:33] | You know him? | 你认识他吗 |
[25:34] | By reputation. He’s not a truther. | 名声在外 他不是真相论者 |
[25:35] | He’s an anarchist. He’s dangerous. | 他是无政府主义者 他很危险 |
[25:36] | How dangerous? | 怎么个危险法 |
[25:37] | He has fertilizer lining his place as an explosive. | 他把他那房子用化肥堆成了爆炸物 |
[25:41] | Prentiss! | 潘提斯 |
[25:42] | Wait. That far out in the desert, there’s no cell service. | 慢着 那地方远在沙漠 没有手机信号 |
[25:44] | You’re not gonna reach them by phone. | 电话是联系不上的 |
[25:59] | Is that ANFO, Matt? | 铵油吗 马特 |
[26:01] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[26:17] | FBI! | 联调局 |
[26:19] | Oh, my god. | 我的天啊 |
[26:31] | What’s going on? Who are you? | 怎么回事 你是什么人 |
[26:34] | I’m SSA Emily Prentiss of the BAU. | 我是行为分析组的特别督查探员艾米莉·潘提斯 |
[26:36] | Melissa, you’re gonna want to take a seat. | 梅丽莎 你还是坐下为好 |
[26:39] | Oh, god, someone died, didn’t they? | 天啊 有人死了 是吗 |
[26:41] | What makes you say that? | 何出此言 |
[26:43] | You guys have had me waiting in here for hours | 你们让我在这里等了几个小时 |
[26:45] | while your team tracked down Bob Orci. | 这期间你们小组的人去追查鲍勃·奥茨 |
[26:47] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[26:48] | Are you recording this? You should. | 你现在在录吗 你应该录下来的 |
[26:53] | Agents Simmons and Alvez | 西蒙斯和埃尔维斯探员 |
[26:55] | landed at Bob Orci’s at 3:37 A.M. | 凌晨3点37分到了鲍勃·奥茨的家 |
[26:57] | The were very surprised by what they found. | 他们对自己的发现感到非常讶异 |
[27:00] | FBI! | 联调局 |
[27:02] | Oh, my god. | 我的天 |
[27:04] | Hey, guys, meet Bob Orci. Weapons down, please. | 大伙 认识一下鲍勃·奥茨 请放下武器 |
[27:07] | You were saying… | 你刚才说 |
[27:08] | Wait. So you got there before them. | 等下 你在他们之前就到了那里 |
[27:10] | How? | 怎么去的 |
[27:11] | By helicopter. | 坐直升机 |
[27:12] | Not the bureau’s helicopter. | 不是局里的直升机 |
[27:14] | This one belongs to the police force. | 这架是警察局的 |
[27:16] | What? | 什么 |
[27:17] | There’s been a push. | 最近的风潮 |
[27:19] | Police forces across the country | 全国的警察局 |
[27:20] | have been purchasing military-grade hardware. | 一直在购买军用级别的硬件设备 |
[27:23] | Yeah. Like grenade launchers and tanks. | 对 比如枪榴弹发射器和坦克 |
[27:26] | Roswell doesn’t need a tank. | 罗斯韦尔不需要坦克 |
[27:28] | It needs a helicopter. People get lost in the desert. | 但需要直升机 经常有人在沙漠走失 |
[27:30] | Sometimes an FBI agent like me | 有时像我这样的联调局探员 |
[27:32] | needs to get to a cabin in the middle of nowhere | 需要尽快赶到偏远之地的 |
[27:34] | as fast as possible. | 一个小屋那去 |
[27:35] | Based on your warning, the sheriff and I | 根据你给的警告 警长和我 |
[27:37] | landed a mile away and we came up with a plan. | 在一英里以外的地方降落并想出了一个计划 |
[27:46] | FBI! Hands up, now! | 联调局 立刻举起手来 |
[27:49] | Now! | 马上 |
[27:50] | Wh-what?! What is– | 什么 搞什么 |
[27:51] | Hands on your head. | 双手抱头 |
[27:54] | Get on your knees. | 跪下 |
[27:55] | Where’s the fertilizer, Bob? | 肥料在哪 鲍勃 |
[27:57] | The fertili– uh, it’s– | 肥料 就在 |
[27:59] | It’s under the tarp over there. | 在那边的油布下面 |
[28:01] | – Check it out. – Yes, sir. | -去看看 -是 长官 |
[28:04] | No, that’s, uh, my– my organic tomatoes | 不 那是我的 我的有机番茄 |
[28:07] | need special soil, and–and– | 需要特殊的土壤 |
[28:10] | Th-that’s my vitamin supplements are in those barrels. | 桶里是我的维生素补充剂 |
[28:14] | No, wait, wait, wait, wait. | 不 等等 等等 |
[28:15] | No, please. Please. | 不 拜托 拜托 |
[28:17] | I–I swear to you, I will surrender everything. | 我发誓 我会交待所有事 |
[28:19] | Just please don’t kill me. | 请不要杀我 |
[28:21] | Organic tomatoes. | 有机番茄 |
[28:23] | Yeah. | 对 |
[28:25] | ANFO stands for | 铵油是 |
[28:26] | Ammonium nitrate fuel oil. Fuel oil. | 硝酸铵燃料油的缩写 燃料油 |
[28:29] | You can’t grow anything with it. | 这没法种东西 |
[28:30] | We pointed that out to Bob. | 我们也跟鲍勃说明了 |
[28:32] | He said that must be why his tomatoes kept dying. | 他说这肯定就是养不活番茄的原因 |
[28:35] | We searched the whole compound anyway. | 不过我们还是搜查了整个院子 |
[28:37] | There was no bomb. | 没有炸药 |
[28:38] | But Bob Orci | 但是鲍勃·奥茨 |
[28:40] | had quite the story to tell. | 可交待了不少事 |
[28:42] | It’s all an act. I’m no hermit. | 这些都是演的 我不是隐士 |
[28:45] | Yeah, I– I tell these truthers | 是 我告诉这些真相论者 |
[28:48] | that I’m some kind of holy fool | 我是圣愚 |
[28:50] | and they buy all my stuff. | 于是他们都来买我的东西 |
[28:52] | By “stuff,” you mean your books? | 你说的”东西” 是指那些书吗 |
[28:55] | No, the books are a loss-leader. | 不是 书只是亏本赚吆喝 |
[28:57] | But the vitamin supplements, oh, | 但是那些维生素补充剂 |
[29:00] | Oh, my god, I’ve made so much money | 天呐 我靠维生素补充剂 |
[29:02] | off the vitamin supplements. | 赚了老大一笔钱了 |
[29:04] | So, “Catcher in The Rye” is just the latest | 所以 《麦田里的守望者》 只是 |
[29:06] | in a long line of crap. | 你的最新忽悠 |
[29:08] | Well, the book itself isn’t. | 书本身并不是 |
[29:10] | And J.D. Salinger is a genius. | 塞林格是个天才 |
[29:12] | Didn’t your read my commentary, read my notes, annotations? | 你没看我的书评 笔记和注释吗 |
[29:16] | I tried. You lost me when you tried to connect | 我试过 但你要把男主 |
[29:20] | Holden Caulfield to the Bilderberg Group. | 和全球商政权贵秘社联系在一起时我就看不懂了 |
[29:22] | There is no connection. | 这里面没有联系 |
[29:23] | All you gotta do to fool these morons | 要想骗那些白痴们你只需要 |
[29:27] | is to ask a question that starts with, | 提出一个问题 前面加上一句 |
[29:29] | “Isn’t it interesting?” | “是不是很有意思” |
[29:30] | Like–like– like, isn’t it interesting | 比如 是不是很有意思 |
[29:33] | that Holden Caulfield and Bilderberg Group | 男主和全球商政权贵秘社 |
[29:37] | both have 15 letters. | 都是十五个字母 |
[29:40] | Yeah. And then you tag that | 对 然后你紧接着 |
[29:41] | with “Wow! Wake up, sheeple,” | 用”醒醒吧 盲目的人们”造势 |
[29:43] | you just sold a thousand copies. | 你就能卖出一千本 |
[29:45] | We think the killer might have bought | 我们认为凶手可能 |
[29:46] | one of your commentaries. | 买了一本 |
[29:49] | Who’d you sell to in Roswell? | 在罗斯韦尔你都卖给谁了 |
[29:51] | The book group is reading | 读书小组下个月要看 |
[29:52] | “Catcher in The Rye” next month, | 《麦田里的守望者》 |
[29:54] | so all I was trying to do is capitalize on that. | 所以我想借此机会牟利 |
[29:57] | And only one guy seemed to show any interest. | 但似乎只有一个人感兴趣 |
[30:01] | FBI! | 联调局 |
[30:02] | Oh, my god. | 我的天 |
[30:04] | Hey, guys, meet Bob Orci. | 大伙 认识一下鲍勃·奥茨 |
[30:05] | Weapons down, please. You were saying… | 请放下武器 你刚才说 |
[30:09] | Carl Lee. | 卡尔·李 |
[30:11] | The guy’s name was Carl Lee. | 那个人叫卡尔·李 |
[30:14] | So it was Carl’s copy. | 所以是卡尔那本 |
[30:16] | Doug didn’t bring it with him? | 道格没有拿走吗 |
[30:18] | Why would Doug put page 76 over Carl’s throat? | 为什么道格要把第76页放在卡尔脖子上 |
[30:20] | He didn’t. | 他并没有 |
[30:22] | Only Carl’s fingerprints and DNA were on that page. | 那一页上只有卡尔的指纹和DNA |
[30:25] | Doug never touched it. | 道格根本没有碰过 |
[30:27] | You’ve lost me. | 我不明白了 |
[30:29] | Ever been shot before? | 你之前中过枪吗 |
[30:30] | People do weird things when they’re shot. | 中枪的人会做出奇怪的举动 |
[30:36] | Carl was slipping into shock, | 卡尔正慢慢陷入休克 |
[30:38] | meaning he had some vague awareness that he was gonna die | 也就是说他模模糊糊地感觉到自己要死了 |
[30:41] | and his brain was short-circuiting. | 他的大脑也开始短路 |
[30:43] | So that clue that seemed so important 4 hours ago, | 所以说四小时前这条线索还至关重要 |
[30:46] | it means nothing. | 现在看来却毫无意义 |
[30:48] | Life is messy, random. | 生活是混乱而随机的 |
[30:50] | That’s why I sent agent Jareau back to the first crime scene. | 所以我要洁婼探员回到第一起凶案现场 |
[30:53] | We needed to take a look at it again | 我们需要再看一遍 |
[30:54] | without any preconceptions. | 摒弃所有偏见 |
[30:56] | And when she saw the cleaning supplies, | 于是她注意到了那些清洁用品 |
[30:58] | she had an idea. | 她有了个想法 |
[31:00] | Specifically, what happens when you’re not careful | 你清洁水族箱时 |
[31:03] | how you clean your aquarium? | 一个不小心 究竟会发生什么呢 |
[31:06] | So she had Garcia do some research. | 于是她让加西亚做了些调查 |
[31:08] | So let’s talk about weird science. | 那我们来看看神秘的科学知识 |
[31:09] | There are certain types of coral | 有一种特别的珊瑚 |
[31:11] | that when they come into contact with bleach, | 当它们接触到漂白剂时 |
[31:13] | release something called a palytoxin. | 会释放一种叫水螅毒素的东西 |
[31:16] | So the coral, it, like, emits this aerosol | 所以这种珊瑚 释放出这种毒雾 |
[31:19] | and then that aerosol causes the throat | 致使人的喉咙 |
[31:21] | and the lungs to close and the eyes and the skin to burn. | 和肺部紧闭 还有眼部和皮肤灼烧 |
[31:23] | Well, that’s the mystery chemical weapon | 这就是法医没能鉴定出来的 |
[31:25] | the M.E. couldn’t place. | 神秘化学武器 |
[31:27] | So let’s play this out. | 让我们来演绎一遍 |
[31:28] | He pours in the bleach, | 他往水族箱里倒入了漂白剂 |
[31:31] | coral spits out its toxin, | 珊瑚释放出了毒雾 |
[31:33] | and mother nature does the rest. | 接下去自然而然不幸就发生了 |
[31:44] | It’s not murder. | 这不是谋杀 |
[31:46] | It’s an accident. | 而是意外 |
[31:50] | We’re veering dangerously close to bullcrap territory. | 你越来越像是在胡说八道了 |
[31:53] | We could call it murder. | 我们可以称之为谋杀 |
[31:55] | If the profile was Charles Darwin’s | 如果侧写的依据是查尔斯·达尔文的 |
[31:57] | theory of natural selection, | 自然选择学说 |
[31:58] | we could arrest the piece of coral, I guess. | 那么我们可以逮捕一片珊瑚 |
[32:00] | Or, we could just accept that life is– | 又或者 我们可以接受生活是… |
[32:04] | Messy, random. Yeah. | 混乱而随机的 行吧 |
[32:07] | Until it’s not. | 不过这次不是 |
[32:09] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[32:10] | Well, that seemingly unimportant book, | 关于那本看似无关紧要的书 |
[32:13] | there was one additional detail Bob Orci told us about | 鲍勃·奥茨还告诉了我们一个细节 |
[32:16] | that I forgot to mention. | 我刚才忘提了 |
[32:18] | No, I–I didn’t forget. | 不 我不是忘提了 |
[32:21] | I was holding back for dramatic effect. | 只是留到最后说 创造出一种戏剧效果 |
[32:24] | Carl Lee. His name was Carl Lee. | 卡尔·李 他叫卡尔·李 |
[32:27] | And the reason that sticks out | 我格外记得他的原因 |
[32:30] | is because he asked me to write a dedication | 是因为他要求我在书的内页上 |
[32:32] | on the inside cover of the book. | 写一段题辞 |
[32:34] | It’s something I add for an extra 20 bucks. | 为此我还多收了二十块钱呢 |
[32:36] | You know? And sometimes I use the wild man font | 还有你知道吗 有时候我就乱划拉一通 |
[32:39] | and the truthers all go, | 那些真相论者还会说 |
[32:40] | “Oh, wow, look, he actually wrote stuff in my book.” | “哇 他给我的书题辞了” |
[32:43] | Tara, we have something. | 塔拉 有发现了 |
[32:52] | Found it, Emily. | 找到了 艾米丽 |
[32:53] | What does it say? | 上面写了什么 |
[32:55] | “To my darling Melissa, love always, Carl.” | “至我的挚爱梅丽莎 永远爱你 卡尔” |
[33:00] | We were dating. That’s not a crime. | 我们在约会 这不犯法 |
[33:02] | So why hide it? | 为什么要隐瞒 |
[33:03] | The truther community is small, | 真相论者的圈子很小 |
[33:05] | and we’re gossipy. | 大家都爱传闲话 |
[33:07] | Also, we’re already convinced agents like you are watching us. | 还有 我们确信像你们这样的探员在监视我们 |
[33:09] | So Carl and I covered our tracks. | 所以我和卡尔就隐藏了痕迹 |
[33:12] | So well, in fact, that the great and powerful Garcia | 我们干得很不错 连你们那个伟大的加西亚 |
[33:14] | is not going to find them. | 都找不到一丝记录 |
[33:15] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[33:16] | Which is why we had to rely on old-fashioned profiling | 正因如此我们必须凭借原始的侧写技术 |
[33:20] | to figure out this next part. | 来继续往下查 |
[33:21] | And it started with a question you asked first. | 就从你一开始提出的那个问题开始 |
[33:24] | Why would Doug kill himself for no reason? | 为什么道格无缘无故自杀了 |
[33:28] | So, we reconstructed Doug’s suicide to see what we missed. | 于是我们再现了道格的自杀现场 找寻遗漏的线索 |
[33:33] | So you were there and I was here. | 你站在那边 我站在这边 |
[33:34] | Right. | 是的 |
[33:35] | And then he was screaming at you, | 他对你吼道 |
[33:37] | “I know a false flag when I see one, bitch.” | “嫁祸行径我一看便知 你个贱人” |
[33:39] | And then bang. | 然后他就自杀了 |
[33:41] | No, that’s not right. | 不 不对 |
[33:42] | He said all those things, but not to me. | 他是说了那些话 但不是对着我说的 |
[33:44] | He was looking at you. | 他看的是你 |
[33:45] | No, no. If someone made eye contact with me | 不 不是 要是有人跟我对视 |
[33:48] | and called me a bitch, I’d remember. | 还叫我贱人 我会记得的 |
[33:50] | Maybe he wasn’t looking at either of you. | 也许他看的不是你们两个 |
[33:51] | He was looking between you. | 他是在看站在你们中间位置的人 |
[33:53] | Uh…JJ, you were posted up over there | 小洁 你当时是在那边守着 |
[33:56] | – for line of sight. – Yeah. | -观察情况 -对 |
[33:57] | Ok, there’s only one one other woman | 那么 屋子里只有一个女人 |
[33:59] | in the room he would have been talking to. | 可能与他有过交谈 |
[34:02] | The reason we asked you here, | 叫你们来的目的 |
[34:03] | the only reason, is to listen. | 唯一的目的 是想传达讯息 |
[34:06] | That’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[34:07] | So just listen. | 所以你只需要接受讯息 |
[34:10] | Listen. Put the gun down. | 接受讯息 把枪放下 |
[34:12] | I know a false flag when I see one. | 嫁祸行径我一看便知 |
[34:15] | You bitch! | 你个贱人 |
[34:16] | It all started with Carl’s text. | 一切都始于卡尔发的短信 |
[34:18] | “I’m close to finding out who it is.” | “我快查出他是谁了” |
[34:20] | He was talking about Melissa, | 他是在说梅丽莎的事 |
[34:21] | As in, “I’m close to finding out who she’s cheating with.” | 意思是”我快查出她的奸夫是谁了” |
[34:24] | She was cheating with Doug? | 她跟道格之间有奸情 |
[34:26] | Yes. And when she found out | 没错 当她发现卡尔 |
[34:27] | Carl was onto her, she killed him. | 在查她 她就杀了卡尔 |
[34:29] | Whoa. Slow down there, partner. | 慢着 拍档 |
[34:30] | Think about it. It’s the oldest motivation in the book– | 想想看 最原始的动机 |
[34:32] | Sex. Melissa is cunning and manipulative, | 性 梅丽莎很狡猾 能操控人心 |
[34:36] | and she is a psychopath, and a good one. | 她是精神变态 而且她很厉害 |
[34:38] | I mean, she sat there while I laid out this entire case, | 我在向她解释整个案子的过程中 她就坐在那儿 |
[34:41] | she did not tip a thing. | 丝毫不露声色 |
[34:43] | Now, Doug’s prints were on the gun because of the suicide, | 道格是自杀的 所以枪上有他的指纹 |
[34:45] | But with Carl, Melissa could have used gloves, and… | 但卡尔被害案 梅丽莎可能戴了手套作案 还有… |
[34:51] | What? | 怎么了 |
[34:52] | Why is everybody staring at me? | 为什么你们每个人都盯着我 |
[34:54] | Tara, I want to believe that. | 塔拉 我很想相信你的分析 |
[34:57] | An arrest would relieve a lot of tension on this case, but… | 此刻进行逮捕会大大缓解案子的紧张局面 但是 |
[35:02] | But we don’t have the evidence, | 但是我们没有证据 |
[35:04] | and without the evidence, we’re no better than the truthers. | 没有证据 我们和那些真相论者没什么两样了 |
[35:08] | No better than the truthers. | 和真相论者没什么两样 |
[35:13] | Melissa… | 梅丽莎 |
[35:17] | Thinks that Sandy Hook was staged. | 认为桑迪胡克小学枪击案是政府策划的 |
[35:22] | I was there… | 我当时就在那儿 |
[35:24] | That day, and I counseled those parents, | 那一天 我给家长们做了心理疏导 |
[35:27] | And I saw… | 然后我看到了… |
[35:32] | I saw those kids. | 我看到了那些孩子 |
[35:34] | So the day that I lose to someone like her… | 所以 如果有那么一天我输给了像她这样的人 |
[35:39] | That’s the day that I quit. | 那就是我辞职的那天 |
[35:42] | It’s biased thinking, | 这想法带有偏见 |
[35:44] | and if we allow it to color our profile | 如果我们容许这种偏见沾染了侧写 |
[35:47] | and the arrest falls apart, | 而最后逮捕是错误的 |
[35:49] | we’ll be a stain on the bureau. | 我们会给局里留下污点 |
[35:52] | Ok, so what, we just… we just back off on Melissa? | 那要怎么办 我们就这样 对梅丽莎屈服了 |
[35:57] | No. We back up our profile. | 不 我们要将侧写付诸实施 |
[36:00] | You have a theory, Tara. Now prove your results. | 你已经有了推断 塔拉 现在证明你的结论 |
[36:04] | Now, once we’re inside Melissa’s house, what are we looking for? | 等我们去到梅丽莎的住所 第一个要找什么东西 |
[36:08] | Well, maybe she cleaned up Carl Lee’s crime scene. | 也许她清理了卡尔·李遇害的犯罪现场 |
[36:10] | The gun’s accounted for, | 枪已经找到了 |
[36:11] | but the missing bullet and casing aren’t. | 失踪的子弹和弹壳还没有 |
[36:13] | Great start. What else? | 开了个好头 还有什么 |
[36:16] | I admit my bias, out loud, | 我承认我对你有偏见 我直说 |
[36:19] | because I wasn’t able to see | 因为我当时一直 |
[36:20] | what was right in front of me the whole time. | 没能看清放在我眼前的东西 |
[36:24] | I thought anyone who believed in conspiracy theories | 我以为相信阴谋论的人 |
[36:26] | had to be deluded. | 都很异想天开 |
[36:28] | There was no way they could outsmart me. | 他们不可能比我更聪明 |
[36:30] | And I was wrong. | 我错了 |
[36:32] | There is a conspiracy in this case. | 这个案子里有一个阴谋论 |
[36:35] | And you are at the center of it. | 你就在这个阴谋论的中心 |
[36:38] | So, allow me to be clear | 我先说清楚 |
[36:43] | from this point forward. | 跟之前一样 |
[36:44] | I’m going to give you one chance to tell the truth. | 我会给你一次机会说出事实 |
[36:47] | One. Keep in mind we are already searching your place. | 就一次 记住 我们已经在搜查你的住所了 |
[36:51] | If you lie, if you hold back in any way, | 如果你撒谎 如果你有丝毫的隐瞒 |
[36:55] | I will know about it, | 我会知道的 |
[36:56] | and I will nail you for it, | 我会让你受到制裁 |
[36:59] | all the way to a life sentence. | 判到终身监禁 |
[37:07] | 删除文件1309-08 是 否 | |
[37:10] | What’s the point of this? | 有什么意义呢 |
[37:13] | I guess there’s just one last thing to say | 我想在我行使请律师的权利前 |
[37:15] | before I invoke my right to an attorney. | 只有一句话要说 |
[37:21] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[37:33] | Anything? | 有发现吗 |
[37:34] | Melissa’s house was spotless. | 梅丽莎的公寓一尘不染 |
[37:35] | Zero evidence of her involvement. | 完全没有她涉案的证据 |
[37:37] | How are you guys doing? | 你们怎么样 |
[37:39] | Yikes. | 不怎么样 |
[37:40] | Yeah, every time we try to reason it out, | 每次想要理清头绪 |
[37:42] | we keep hitting different walls. | 最会碰到各种各样的难题 |
[37:43] | We have to make an arrest | 如果我们再不实施抓捕 |
[37:45] | or release all the truthers from custody. | 就只能释放所有真相论者 |
[37:47] | Give me the version that makes the most sense. | 给我最合理的解释 |
[37:48] | Ok, well, Doug was holding the gun that killed Carl, | 道格手上的确有杀死卡尔的枪 |
[37:50] | but there is nothing behaviorally | 但是没有任何证据 |
[37:52] | that points to him being a killer. | 能指明他是凶手 |
[37:54] | And Melissa’s the undiagnosed psychopath, | 梅丽莎是未确诊的精神病患 |
[37:56] | and Carl was figuring out that she was cheating. | 卡尔发现她出轨了 |
[37:58] | And as his girlfriend, she would know where he hid his guns, | 作为他的女友 她肯定知道他把枪藏在那里 |
[38:01] | and so we– we’re thinking this. | 所以我们…我们觉得是这样 |
[38:03] | Carl and Melissa were fighting. | 卡尔和梅丽莎产生争执 |
[38:05] | Psychopaths aren’t known for their small egos | 精神病患者控制不了自己的自负 |
[38:07] | or impulse control, and so Melissa got angry | 和冲动 于是梅丽莎很生气 |
[38:10] | – and she waits for carl to turn his back, – Carl! | -她等卡尔转过头去 -卡尔 |
[38:12] | and then bang. | 然后砰的一声 |
[38:17] | So she cleans up as best as she could, | 于是她尽她所能清理了现场 |
[38:19] | but now she has to hide what she did. | 但她需要掩盖她所做的事 |
[38:29] | So we asked the truthers to listen to our profile, | 所以我们让真相论者听我们的侧写时 |
[38:32] | and she thought, “A-ha! I’ll turn this to my advantage. | 她想 “这是个好机会 |
[38:35] | “I’ll frame my boyfriend, who is the most likely suspect | 我要陷害我的男友 如果他们查起来 |
[38:38] | if they put this together.” | 他的嫌疑最大” |
[38:39] | So she slips the gun into Doug’s pocket. | 于是她将枪塞到道格的口袋里 |
[38:41] | And Doug walks through without incident | 道格安然无事地走了进去 |
[38:43] | because the metal detector is broken. | 因为金属探测器坏了 |
[38:45] | He doesn’t notice the gun in his pocket | 他不知道自己口袋里有枪 |
[38:47] | until midway through our profiling and he panics. | 侧写发布到一半时他发现了 非常慌张 |
[38:50] | What did you put in my pocket?! | 你们在我口袋里放了什么 |
[38:52] | – Gun! – Drop it! | -枪 -快放下 |
[38:53] | He assumes, like all truthers, | 他像所有真相论者一样 |
[38:55] | that no one in the government is gonna believe him, | 认为政府里的人不会相信他 |
[38:57] | so his last words aren’t to us, | 所以他最后的遗言不是和我们说的 |
[38:59] | but to Melissa. | 而是对梅丽莎 |
[39:00] | I know a false flag when I see one. | 嫁祸行径我一看便知 |
[39:03] | You bitch! | 你个贱人 |
[39:06] | That’s the version that makes the most sense. | 这是最合理的解释 |
[39:09] | Even if I buy it, a D.A. won’t. | 就算我信 地检也不会信 |
[39:11] | We need more, guys. | 我们需要更多 伙计们 |
[39:13] | Well, the only thing that’s left | 我们现在只剩 |
[39:14] | is the bullet and the casing. | 子弹和弹壳没找到 |
[39:15] | But she could have dumped that anywhere. | 但是她可能扔在了任何地方 |
[39:17] | No, that’s not the only thing. The podcast. | 不 不止那些 还有播客 |
[39:19] | She–she had us right where she wanted. | 她把我们引到了她的陷阱里 |
[39:20] | She could have posted the audio of our conversation | 她本来可以把我们对话的音频发出来 |
[39:23] | to prove we were trying to cover this up, | 证明我们想掩盖这件事 |
[39:25] | but instead she deleted it. | 但是她却删掉了 |
[39:27] | Which she only would have done | 她只有在暴露罪行后 |
[39:28] | if she had revealed herself somehow. | 才有可能这么做 |
[39:29] | She didn’t say anything incriminating | 我和她说话的时候 |
[39:31] | when I talked to her. | 她没露出任何马脚 |
[39:33] | Me neither. | 我也是 |
[39:34] | Then it was me. She let something slip, | 那么肯定是我 她说漏了什么 |
[39:36] | something she doesn’t want me to remember. | 一些她不希望我记起来的事 |
[39:37] | So, what? | 是什么呢 |
[39:41] | Aurora, Orlando, Sandy Hook. | 奥罗拉影院枪击案 奥兰多夜店枪击案 桑迪胡克小学枪击案 |
[39:45] | The United States government | 美国政府 |
[39:46] | shot up a bunch of empty buildings | 枪扫了多处空楼 |
[39:48] | and then gathered everything up | 然后把这些枪击案收集到一起 |
[39:49] | and traded it amongst themselves, | 用来满足自己的利益 |
[39:51] | because that’s how plausible deniability works. | 是谓合理推诿 |
[39:56] | She traded it. | 她卖掉了 |
[39:57] | Traded what? | 卖掉了什么 |
[39:58] | The bullet and the shell casing. | 子弹和弹壳 |
[39:59] | She took the evidence and she gave it to someone else. | 她把这些证据都给别人了 |
[40:01] | And you know this because… | 你为什么会知道… |
[40:03] | Think about a conspiracy theory like a pathology. | 他们会把阴谋论想做是一种疾病 |
[40:05] | What disgusts her, what she fears most in other people, | 她认为什么最恶心 最惧怕别人怎么做 |
[40:08] | that’s the action she’ll copy | 她就会效仿 |
[40:09] | to justify her own belief system. | 来加深她的信念 |
[40:11] | So who has the bullet? | 那子弹在谁手上 |
[40:13] | Who else? | 还能有谁 |
[40:15] | The unsub we’ve been looking for is melissa miller, | 我们要找的嫌犯是梅丽莎·米勒 |
[40:18] | and we think she’s made one of you an accomplice | 我们认为你们中有协助她 |
[40:20] | to her murder of Carl Lee. | 杀害卡尔·李的人 |
[40:22] | An unwitting accomplice. | 一名不知情的帮凶 |
[40:24] | We aren’t keeping you in custody. | 我们没有关押你们 |
[40:26] | Anyone who wants to leave can, | 想离开的人可以离开 |
[40:27] | and everyone that wanted representation | 想要律师的人 |
[40:29] | has a lawyer present. | 你们的律师也都在 |
[40:31] | All we want is for you to listen to our theory. | 我们只想让你们听听我们的推论 |
[40:33] | After Carl Lee’s murder, Melissa approached one of you | 卡尔·李被杀后 梅丽莎接近你们中的一人 |
[40:36] | and she told you that the U.S. Government | 告诉你们美国政府 |
[40:37] | was going to frame both Bryan and Carl’s murder on the Truthers. | 准备将布莱恩和卡尔的死栽赃在真相论者身上 |
[40:41] | Right on cue, we showed up. | 然后我们正好出现了 |
[40:43] | So, she gave you a box or bag, | 所以她给了你一个箱子 或者包 |
[40:46] | told you not to look inside, | 叫你别看里面 |
[40:47] | said it was all part of our cover-up. | 说都是我们设的局 |
[40:49] | What she gave you was material evidence of Carl’s murder. | 她给你的是杀害卡尔留下的证据 |
[40:53] | Now, you can think what you want of us, | 随你们怎么想我们 |
[40:55] | we are not here to frame anyone. | 我们不是来陷害谁的 |
[40:57] | We’re not the murderers. She is. | 我们不是凶手 她才是 |
[41:00] | Did anyone accept something like this from her? | 有人从她手里接受过这样的东西吗 |
[41:17] | I did. | 我有 |
[41:19] | It’s–it’s at my house. | 就在我家里 |
[41:34] | You know what that is, Melissa? | 你知道这是什么吗 梅丽莎 |
[41:39] | That is a magic bullet. | 那是一颗魔法子弹 |
[41:47] | Stand up. | 站起来 |
[41:50] | Melissa Miller, you are under arrest | 梅丽莎·米勒 你因涉嫌谋杀 |
[41:52] | for the murder of Carl Lee. | 卡尔·李被捕了 |
[41:55] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[41:57] | You have the right to an attorney. | 你有权请律师 |
[42:01] | ♪ So we faked ourselves on the ending | ♪ 最后我们伪装自己 |
[42:07] | ♪ And breathe in their lies | ♪ 生存在他们的谎言中 |
[42:13] | ♪ While the water brings no cleansing | ♪ 水流无法冲刷一切 |
[42:19] | ♪ Just reflects strangers’ eyes | ♪ 倒映着陌生人的眼 |
[42:24] | “Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, | “每个人都可以有自己的观点 |
[42:27] | but not to his own facts.” | 但那并一定是事实” |
[42:29] | Daniel Patrick Moynihan. | 丹尼尔·帕特里克·莫伊尼汉 |
[42:31] | ♪ Truth was too hard to mention | ♪ 真相太难面对 |