英文名称:Lord of War
年代:2005
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:11] | There are over 550 million firearms | 在这世界上 |
[01:14] | in world-wide circulation. | 全世界一共有5亿5千万支军火 |
[01:16] | That’s one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. | 那就是说每12个人中就有1只枪 |
[01:20] | The only question is… | 唯一的问题是 |
[01:24] | how do we arm the other eleven? | 我们如何让其他11个人也有枪 |
[04:34] | You don’t have to worry. | 你不用担心 |
[04:36] | I’m not gonna tell you a pack of lies to make me look good. | 我不会说一堆谎话 让你觉得我是好人 |
[04:40] | I’m just gonna tell you what happened. | 我只是告诉你到底发生什么事 |
[04:42] | My name is Yuri Orlov. | 我的名字是尤里·奥洛夫 |
[04:44] | When I was a boy, my family came to America. | 我年幼时,我们全家来到了美国 |
[04:48] | But not all the way. | 但没有完全融入美国社会 |
[04:50] | Like most Ukrainians, we gathered in Brighton Beach. | 像其他乌克兰人一样 我们都聚集在布莱顿滩 |
[04:53] | It reminded us of the Black Sea. | 这里可以让我们想起黑海 |
[04:56] | I soon realized we’d just swapped one hell for another. | 我很快地就意识到我们只是从一个地狱到了另外一个地狱 |
[05:00] | Even in hell, an angel sometimes makes an appearance. | 即使在地狱里 天使有时也会出现 |
[05:04] | I’d worshipped Ava Fontaine since I was 10 years old. | 我十岁时就崇拜艾娃·方田 |
[05:08] | Of course, she didn’t know I existed. | 她当然不知道我的存在 |
[05:12] | I was starting to think she had a point. | 有的时候我自己也这么觉得 |
[05:18] | For the first twenty-odd years of my life… | 在我生命的前二十几年里 |
[05:20] | …Little Odessa was to me what it is to the Q train… | 小奥德萨对我来说 就像对这列火车一样 |
[05:24] | …the end of the line. | 是终点站 |
[05:27] | Oh, I did lie about my name. | 哦,关于我的名字,我刚撒了个谎 |
[05:30] | It’s not really Yuri Orlov. | 其实并不是尤里·奥洛夫 |
[05:32] | There’ve been few occasions in the in the 20th century when it’s been an advantage be a Jew. | 在20世纪的某些时候做个犹太人是有好处的 |
[05:37] | But in the ‘seventies, to escape the Soviet Union, | 70年代我们全家为了逃离苏联 |
[05:39] | our family pretended to be Jewish. | 就伪装成犹太人 |
[05:42] | Little about my life has been kosher ever since | 从此我就活得不怎么好 |
[05:45] | How’s it going, brother? | 老哥,你好吗? |
[05:47] | It’s not. | 不怎么样 |
[05:49] | That’s Vitaly, my younger brother. | 这是维塔利,我弟弟 |
[05:50] | He was as lost as me. | 他和我一样,对生命感到迷惘 |
[05:52] | He didn’t know it yet. | 只是他现在还不知道罢了 |
[05:53] | Yuri, you’re late. | 尤里 你迟到了 |
[06:00] | My father took his assumed identity to heart. | 我父亲很快地就把 这伪装的身份当真了 |
[06:03] | He was more Jewish than most Jews. | 他比很多犹太人更犹太 |
[06:05] | Which drove my Catholic mother crazy. | 这使我信天主教的母亲很生气 |
[06:07] | How many times? | 说过多少次啦? |
[06:08] | I can’t eat shellfish. | 我不能吃贝类 |
[06:11] | It’s treyf. | 不圣洁 |
[06:12] | You’re not Jewish. | 你不是犹太人 |
[06:13] | I like it. | 但我喜欢这样 |
[06:15] | I like the hat. | 我喜欢帽子 |
[06:17] | To remind us there is something above us. | 时时提醒我们 上面有人类的主宰 |
[06:22] | I like that. | 我喜欢那样想 |
[06:26] | I’m going to temple. | 我要去(犹太)教堂 |
[06:27] | You’re not going to temple. You go to temple more than the rabbi. | 别去!你比牧师去得还勤 |
[06:34] | Yuri, don’t forget to check the specials at the Palace. | 尤里,别忘了去看一看皇宫酒店的特价 |
[06:40] | Growing up in Little Odessa, | 在小奥德萨长大 |
[06:42] | murder was everyday part of life. | 人杀人是家常便饭 |
[06:44] | Russian mobsters had also migrated from the Soviet Union | 俄罗斯黑帮也从苏联移民到了这里 |
[06:48] | and when they came to America, | 而且他们来美国时 |
[06:49] | their baggage came with them. | 还带着家伙呢 |
[06:53] | There was always some gangster getting whacked in my neighborhood, | 社区里 每天都有些帮派份子斗殴 |
[06:56] | but I’d never seen it with my own eyes. | 只是我从没亲眼见过 |
[06:58] | I had this knack of showing up five minutes before something went down, | 每次我总是早五分钟 |
[07:02] | or five minutes after. | 或晚五分钟 |
[07:04] | Not that day. | 但那天不一样 |
[07:29] | It hit me. | 这一枪打醒了我 |
[07:31] | It couldn’t have hit me harder if I was the one who’d been shot. | 就像是枪打在我身上一样震撼 |
[07:34] | You go into the restaurant business… | 你开饭馆 |
[07:36] | because people are always going to have to eat. | 是因为人总是要吃饭 |
[07:39] | That was the day I realized my destiny lay in fulfilling another basic human need. | 那天我意识到我的命运是为了提供人们的另一种生活必需品 |
[07:48] | The next Sabbath, I went to temple with my father. | 下个安息日,我和父亲一起去教堂 |
[07:51] | However, it wasn’t God I was trying to get close to. | 然而我并不是想要接近上帝 |
[07:54] | Eli, my eldest son, Yuri. | 我的长子,尤里 |
[07:56] | My contact at synagogue landed me my first Israeli-made Uzi submachine guns. | 在那儿我认识了第一把 以色列制的乌兹冲锋枪 |
[08:06] | The first time you sell a gun is a lot like the first time you have sex. | 第一次卖枪的感觉很大程度上就象第一次做爱一样 |
[08:10] | You have absolutely no idea what you’re doing. | 你根本不知道自己在干嘛 |
[08:12] | But it is exciting and one way or another,it’s over way too fast. | 虽然很刺激 但很快就结束了 |
[08:19] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[08:21] | The new Uzi machine pistol. | 新型乌兹自动手枪 |
[08:23] | Big firepower in a small package. | 体积虽小,但火力强大 |
[08:25] | This little baby uses 9 mm hollow points. | 这宝贝用的是九毫米凹头子弹 |
[08:27] | Twenty twenty-five round extendable mags… | 20或25发可扩充式弹夹 |
[08:30] | …rear-flip adjustable sights. | 枪柄大小可调 |
[08:31] | Silencer comes standard. Excellent recoil reduction. | 消音器是标准装备 后座力极低 |
[08:33] | Muzzle jump reduced forty percent. | 枪口上抬减少四成 |
[08:35] | Sixty percent improved noise suppression. | 噪音减少六成 |
[08:37] | You could pump a mag into me right now | 就算你“现在”朝我打完一整夹子弹 |
[08:40] | and never wake the guy in the next room. | 也不会吵醒隔壁的人 |
[08:44] | Of course, that would eliminate your opportunity for repeat business. | 当然这样你就没机会和我再做更大的生意了 |
[08:48] | I did have a natural instinct for smuggling contraband. | 我天生就有走私违禁品的才能 |
[08:52] | Fortunately, back then a video camera was a big as a bazooka | 幸运的是那时的摄像机有火箭筒那么大 |
[09:04] | Here I’d been running away from violence my whole life, | 我的一生都在远离暴力 |
[09:06] | and I should’ve run towards it. | 但其实我更该接近它才对 |
[09:09] | It’s in our nature. | 这是人类的天性 |
[09:11] | The earliest human skeletons had spearheads in their rib cages. | 最初人类遗骸的肋骨腔中就有一个矛箭头 |
[09:27] | Where have you been? | 怎么搞这么久? |
[09:28] | What if we had a customer? | 如果客人来了怎么办? |
[09:30] | God bless America. | 上帝保佑美国 |
[09:55] | Beware of the dog? You don’t have a dog. | “当心恶犬” 你哪儿来的狗! |
[09:57] | Are you trying to scare people? | 想吓人呀? |
[09:58] | No, it’s to scare me. | 是吓我自己 |
[10:00] | Remind me to be aware of the dog in me. | 随时提醒我内心中的恶犬 |
[10:03] | The dog wants to fuck everything that moves | 它想袭击其他动物 |
[10:05] | Wants to fight and kill weaker dogs. | 和击杀弱小同类的狗 |
[10:08] | I guess it’s to remind me to be more human. | 提醒自己要像个人 |
[10:10] | Isn’t being a dog part of being human? | 做条狗和做个人不是一个概念么? |
[10:13] | What if that’s the best part of you? The dog part. | 也许你生来就是一条狗呢? |
[10:17] | What if you’re really just a two-legged dog? | 其实我们就是两条腿的狗 |
[10:22] | You need to see somebody. | 你得去看心理医生了 |
[10:24] | Stinks in here. | 这里臭死了 |
[10:26] | I’d always wanted to do something big with my life | 我总想在有生之年做件大事 |
[10:29] | I just didn’t know what. | 只是不知道要做什么 |
[10:31] | Anyhow, I figured, | 但我意识到 |
[10:33] | if I was going into the gun trade, | 如果我真要去卖枪 |
[10:34] | I was going aim high. | 就得干大买卖 |
[10:36] | Vitaly, stop fucking around. I want to talk to you. | 维塔利,别鬼混了,我要和你谈谈 |
[10:43] | You read the newspapers, Vit? | 你每天看报纸吗? |
[10:45] | Newspaper? It’s always the same. | 报纸?每天都一样 |
[10:48] | You’re right. | 没错 |
[10:49] | Every day there’s people shooting each other. | 每天都有人在枪战 |
[10:52] | You know what I do when I see that? | 当我看到这种报道时 你猜我会干嘛? |
[10:54] | I look to see what guns they’re using and I think to myself, why not my guns? | 看他们用什么枪 心想为什么不是我卖的枪 |
[10:57] | What, are you opening a gun shop? | 你要开个枪店? |
[10:59] | Already more of those in than McDonald’s. | 美国的枪店已经比麦当劳还多了 |
[11:02] | Even with all the gangsters around here, the margins are too low. | 即使这附近的黑帮这么多利润还是不够 |
[11:06] | You’ve figured the margins? Sure. | -你已经算出能赚多少? -当然! |
[11:09] | Forget gang wars. | 帮派的火拼算个啥! |
[11:11] | The real money is in actual wars. | 真正的战争有血有肉的 |
[11:13] | Between countries. | 国与国之间的 |
[11:15] | Yuri, what the fuck do you know about guns? | 尤里 你他娘的懂个屁枪 |
[11:18] | I know which end I’d rather be on. | 我知道咱们得干 |
[11:23] | I made the first sale. | 我做成了第一笔生意 |
[11:25] | We’re already in business. | 这买卖咱们已经在干了 |
[11:28] | Whoa, whoa. We? | 呃…咱们? |
[11:31] | I need a partner. | 我要个合伙人 |
[11:36] | I don’t know, | 我不知道… |
[11:38] | I don’t know, Yuri. I don’t know. | 我不知道,尤里,我不知道… |
[11:39] | Vitaly, I’ve tasted your borscht. | 维塔利,我喝过你煮的罗宋汤 |
[11:41] | You’re no fucking chef. | 你不是那块料 |
[11:42] | I can eat in the restaurant for free and I still don’t eat there. | 我可以在餐馆吃白食 但我还是不在那儿吃 |
[11:46] | Fuck you. | 去你妈的 |
[11:47] | We’re doing nothing with our lives. | 咱们一生无所事事 |
[11:51] | I mean, this is shit! | 我的意思是,现在的生活是一团糟! |
[11:57] | It’s true. | 的确 |
[12:00] | But maybe doing nothing’s better than doing this. | 但或许什么也不做,也比做这个好 |
[12:06] | I need you. | 我需要你 |
[12:31] | Sir, | 先生… |
[12:32] | may I interest you in the shoulder-fired SA-7 surface-to-air missiles? | 有没兴趣看看S7地对空飞弹 |
[12:36] | The older Chinese model. | 中国制,过时的型号 |
[12:38] | Not so effective against modern military aircraft. | 用在现代军事战机上或许不行 |
[12:40] | But deadly if used against a commercial airliner. | 不过打打商业客机还是挺不错的 |
[12:43] | I’m giving them away at 8-50. | $850而已,等于是送给你了 |
[12:47] | In the ’80s, and the Cold War was far from thawed | 那是80年代,冷战尚未结束 |
[12:50] | Most of the deals were government-to-government. | 多数的交易是政府之间的 |
[12:52] | It was a mostly private club with a lifetime club president. | 几乎都是私人军火俱乐部 而且主席都是终生职 |
[12:57] | That’s him. | 就是他 |
[12:58] | The big shot? | 那个大人物? |
[13:00] | Simeon Weisz, | 席米恩·怀斯 |
[13:01] | Angola, Mozambique, those Exocet missiles in the Falklands. | 安哥拉、莫桑比克等国的代表 |
[13:05] | He was selling guns before there was gunpowder. | 火药还没发明前,他就已经在卖枪 |
[13:09] | Be right back. | 马上回来 |
[13:13] | Mr. Weisz? Mr. Weisz! | 怀斯先生…怀斯先生! |
[13:17] | It’s okay, they’re talking. | 没关系,他们只是谈一谈 |
[13:19] | May I help? | 我可以帮助你吗? |
[13:20] | A mutual friend, Eli Kurtzman from Brighton Beach, | 布莱顿滩进出口公司的伊莱·克兹曼 |
[13:23] | import/export said to contact you. | 您我都认识的 要我来与您联系 |
[13:25] | I have a business proposal | 我有一个生意企划 |
[13:27] | and I thought perhaps we could discuss it. | 或许我们能讨论一下 |
[13:30] | I don’t think you and I are in the same business. | 我想我们不是做同一种生意 |
[13:33] | You think I just sell guns, don’t you? | 你以为我只是卖枪的军火商,对吧? |
[13:36] | I don’t. I take sides. | 不对!我是有立场的 |
[13:37] | But in the Iran-lraq war you sold guns to both sides. | 但两伊战争中,您卖过军火给双方 |
[13:42] | Did you ever consider that I wanted both sides to lose? | 你有没想过,或许我想让两边都输 |
[13:46] | Bullets change governments far surer than votes. | 用枪杆来换个政府,比用选票更有效 |
[13:51] | You’re in the wrong place, my young friend. | 朋友,你来错地方了 |
[13:53] | This is no place for amateurs. | 这里不是玩票的人该来的 |
[14:01] | Curious how you always revert to your native tongue in moments of extreme anger. | 奇怪的是,当你很生气时 你很自然地会说起家乡话来 |
[14:05] | And ecstasy. | 和很爽的时候 |
[14:21] | You are beautiful. | 你真漂亮 |
[14:23] | What’s your name again? | 你叫什么名字来着? |
[14:30] | The only option for Vitaly and me was under-the-counter gunrunning. | 我和维塔利只能做地下买卖 |
[14:36] | I got my first break in Lebanon after the suicide bombing. | 黎巴嫩开始有自杀式爆炸后我的生意终于有了突破 |
[14:42] | But I wasn’t the only local kid making good. | 但我并不是唯一在当地赚到钱的人 |
[14:49] | When the United States leaves a war zone… | 当美国撤离一个战区时 |
[14:51] | they generally don’t take their munitions. | 他们通常不把武器带走 |
[14:54] | It costs more to bring it back than to buy new stock. | 因为运回去 比买新的还贵 |
[14:58] | So, we sell by the kilo. | 我们是按公斤卖的 |
[15:01] | They’re secondhand weapons,but they’re still okay. | 虽然是二手货 但还是很好用 |
[15:07] | How many kilos would you like? | 你要买多少公斤? |
[15:09] | Five thousand. | 五千公斤 |
[15:10] | I had a flair for languages… | 我虽有点儿语言天才 |
[15:13] | …but I soon discovered that what talks best is dollars, dinars drachmas, rubles, rupees, | 但我很快发现,谈美元、卢比、卢布、英镑 |
[15:17] | and pounds-fucking-sterling. | 这些才是最好的 |
[15:19] | Of course, the U.S. Army got a piece of the action. | 当然,美国陆军也插了一脚 |
[15:23] | Army salaries were no better then than they are today. | 80年代陆军薪资很低,即使现在也一样 |
[15:26] | And some of the brass, like Lieutenant Colonel Southern… | 而其中有些军官 像陆军的撒登中校 |
[15:29] | needed to raise money for their own private wars. | 需要钱来进行他私人的战争 |
[15:32] | Good to make your acquaintance. | 很高兴认识你 |
[15:34] | This is bullshit money, | 这点钱算个屁 |
[15:36] | This is small-fucking-potatoes. | 还不够塞牙缝 |
[15:39] | What do you want to do, go more legit? | 啥?你想做“正当”的生意? |
[15:40] | No, more illegal. | 不,是更加“不合法” |
[15:43] | What I would give right now for cabbage and potatoes. | 我现在只想要一盘卷心菜和马铃薯 |
[16:13] | It’s not our fight. | 这不关我们的事 |
[16:16] | Vit, come on! | 维,快吧! |
[16:18] | Let’s go. Come on. | 咱们走,快 |
[16:32] | Selling guns is like selling vacuum cleaners. | 卖枪就像卖吸尘器一样 |
[16:34] | You make calls, | 打电话 |
[16:35] | pound the pavement, | 谈价钱 |
[16:36] | take orders. | 处理订单 |
[16:37] | I was an equal opportunity merchant of death. | 我是什么都做的死亡商人 |
[16:40] | I supplied every army but the Salvation Army. | 除了救世军之外 不管什么军我都卖 |
[16:45] | I sold Israeli-made Uzis to Muslims. | 我把乌兹枪卖给穆斯林 |
[16:54] | I sold communist-made bullets to fascists. | 我把共产主义造的子弹 卖给法西斯主义 |
[17:13] | I even shipped cargo to Afghanistan when they were still fighting my fellow Soviets. | 我还把军火运到阿富汗 尽管他们在打我的苏联盟军 |
[17:18] | I never sold to Osama Bin Laden. | 我从来没卖给本·拉登 |
[17:20] | Not on any moral grounds. | 不是因为道德问题 |
[17:22] | Back then, he was always bouncing checks. | 而是那时他的支票总是跳票 |
[17:34] | By the mid-’80s… | 80年代中期 |
[17:35] | my weapons were represented in eight of the world’s top ten war zones. | 我的武器被用在世界前10名的战区中的8个 |
[18:08] | There’s no problem leading a double life. | 有双重身份的生活不是什么问题 |
[18:11] | It’s the triple and quadruple lives that get you in the end. | 但三重、四重身份最终才会出问题 |
[18:14] | Back then, I carried a… French, British, Israeli,and Ukrainian passport… | 那时我带着法国、英国、以色列、和乌克兰的护照 |
[18:18] | …and a student visa for the U.S., | 还有美国的学生签证 |
[18:20] | but… that’s another story. | 但那是另一个故事啦 |
[18:21] | I also packed six different briefcases… | 我还有6个手提箱 |
[18:24] | …depending on who I was that day and the region of the world I was visiting. | 用于不同的地区和不同的身份 |
[18:33] | Without operations like mine, | 如果没有我 |
[18:35] | would be impossible for certain countries to conduct a respectable war. | 有些国家根本打不了一场像样的战争 |
[18:40] | I was able to navigate around those inconvenient little arms embargoes. | 虽然武器禁运有点儿不方便 不过还难不倒我 |
[18:44] | There are three basic types of arms deal. | 世上一共有三种基本的军火交易 |
[18:46] | White, being legal. | 白色,合法的 |
[18:48] | Black, being illegal, | 黑色,违法的 |
[18:49] | and my personal favorite color, gray. | 还有我最中意的颜色…灰色 |
[18:52] | Sometimes I made the deal so convoluted… | 有时我把交易弄得太复杂 |
[18:55] | it was hard for me to work out if they were on the level. | 就连我自己也搞不清楚 |
[18:58] | To keep authorities in the dark, I often spoke in code. | 为了避开执法人员 我通常使用暗语 |
[19:01] | Rocket launchers were “mothers.” | 妈妈是火箭发射器 |
[19:02] | The rockets, “children.” | 孩子是火箭 |
[19:04] | The AK-47 assault rifle was the “Angel King.” | AK-47自动步枪是天使王 |
[19:08] | It’s Yuri… Yeah. Well, Raoul… | 我是尤里 嗯…是…拉伍… |
[19:13] | Raoul, the Angel King will arrive tomorrow. | 拉伍,天使王明天会到 |
[19:18] | Hallelujah to you, too. | 你也是,哈利路亚,呵呵 |
[19:20] | The point is, if I’ve done my job right | 如果我不出纰漏的话 |
[19:22] | an arms embargo should be practically impossible to enforce. | 武器禁运法根本无法执行 |
[19:27] | What? | 什么? |
[19:29] | Okay, just slow the fuck down. | 妈的,慢慢讲! |
[19:32] | I can’t understand you. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[19:33] | Wha-What do you mean, tipped off? | “走漏消息”是什么意思? |
[19:36] | They know where we are? Well, where are they? | 他们知道我们在哪儿? 他们在哪儿? |
[19:39] | Well, how long have I got? Not long? | 我还有多少时间? 不多了? |
[19:42] | What does that mean? Shit! | 啥意思?妈的! |
[19:44] | Do we try to lose them? On this? | 要我甩掉他们吗? 用这种船? |
[19:46] | Yuri, we have to get off this thing. | 尤里,我们得避一避 |
[19:47] | No. No one’s going anywhere. | 不,谁也不准离开 |
[19:49] | Slow, dead slow. Buy me time. | 减速,减到非常慢 给我争取点时间 |
[19:54] | Yeah, it’s Yuri. | 是,我是尤里 |
[19:56] | Get that fucking rag down! | 把那个蠢旗摘下来! |
[19:58] | I need another handle for this tub. | 我需要另一个船名 |
[20:00] | Something in our weight class. | 和我们大小和吨位相当的 |
[20:02] | You! Over the side. We’re changing the name. Now! | 你,快下去 我们要换名字了 |
[20:07] | Yes, it’s got to check out. | 现在!当然要真的名字! |
[20:09] | The way I look at it, | 就我来说 |
[20:11] | what’s in a name? | 名字不重要 |
[20:12] | Have you got a shorter name? | 有短一点的名字吗? |
[20:14] | I’d often changed the registration of a ship or a plane… | 我常更换船和飞机注册的名字 |
[20:17] | …but never on such short notice. | 但从来没有这么急过 |
[20:22] | Damn! They’re hauling. | 妈的,来得真快! |
[20:25] | What? Kono? How do you spell that? | 什么?KONO?怎么拼? |
[20:28] | K-O-N-O, okay, well, that’s good. | K-O-N-O,很好 |
[20:30] | KONO,K-O-N-O Kono, K-O-N-O. | |
[20:33] | What are we flying? Dutch? Got it. | 挂什么国旗?荷兰,好 |
[20:35] | Vit, get me a Dutch flag, will you? | 拿个荷兰国旗给我 |
[20:48] | Faster! Or I’ll send your ass in! | 快,否则我把你扔到海里 |
[20:51] | Yuri, I don’t have Dutch! – What? | 尤里,找不到荷兰 – 什么!? |
[20:53] | I’ve got Belgian. | 有比利时的 |
[20:54] | What the fuck use is that? He’s painting a name registered in the fucking Netherlands. | 有屁用 刚漆上的船名是在荷兰注册的 |
[20:59] | I’ve got a French flag. – So? | 我有个法国国旗 – 所以呢? |
[21:02] | Turn it sideways… | 横过来… |
[21:04] | …it’s Dutch. | 就是荷兰 |
[21:07] | That’s why you’re my brother. | 这就是为什么你是我弟弟 |
[21:31] | All right, good! | 好极了 |
[21:32] | Everybody look innocent now. | 每个人都要装无辜样 |
[21:43] | They say every man has his price. | 俗话说,人人都有个价码 |
[21:46] | But not every man gets it. | 但不是每个人都能得到 |
[21:48] | Interpol Agent Jack Valentine couldn’t be bought. | 国际警察杰克·瓦伦丁就无法被收买 |
[21:51] | At least, not with money. | 至少用钱买不到 |
[21:53] | For Jack, glory was the prize. | 对杰克来说,荣誉才是他的价码 |
[21:56] | Yeah, it’s the Kono; it’s not the Kristol. | 嗯…是柯诺号,不是克里斯多号 |
[21:58] | Kono, K-O-N-O. | 柯诺,K-O-N-O |
[22:01] | It’s clean, sir. | 这船没问题,长官 |
[22:02] | It’s clean? | 没问题? |
[22:04] | It sure doesn’t look clean. | 可看起来不像 |
[22:06] | I’m going to go aboard. | 我要登船检查 |
[22:07] | Phone in a sighting of the Kristol south of Aruba. | 发讯号让他们以为 克里斯多号在阿鲁巴岛南方 |
[22:18] | Even when I was up against an overzealous agent… | 即使当我遭遇称职的国际警察时 |
[22:20] | …I had a number of methods for discouraging a search. | 我还是有很多方法来防止他们搜查 |
[22:24] | I routinely mislabeled my arms shipments “Farm Machinery.” | 我经常把装军火的箱子标示成“农用机械” |
[22:27] | And I have yet to meet the lowly paid customs official… | 我还将集装箱标识为有化学辐射 |
[22:30] | who will open a container marked | 我还没见过哪个低薪的海关人员 |
[22:32] | “Radioactive Waste” to verify its contents. | 会愿意打开“辐射废料”的箱子来核对 |
[22:36] | But my personal favorite is the unique combination… | 不过我最喜欢的技俩是一箱 |
[22:38] | of week-old potatoes and tropical heat. | 在热带烈阳下晒了一星期的马铃薯 |
[22:56] | Smells. | 真难闻 |
[23:00] | Sir, Sighting of the Kristol, due north. | 长官,克里斯多号在我们北方出现 |
[23:04] | Most importantly, I kept a number of intelligence people on the payroll to supply their colleagues | 最重要的是我会收买一些情报人员 |
[23:08] | with counterintelligence. | 以便适时地向同僚提供假情报 |
[23:10] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[23:24] | The second rule of gunrunning is: | 走私枪支的第二条守则是 |
[23:26] | Always ensure you have a foolproof way to get paid. | 每次都要确定能收到钱 |
[23:29] | Preferably in advance… | 最好是 |
[23:30] | ideally to an off-shore account. | 事先付款至海外的帐户 |
[23:33] | That’s why I chose my customers so carefully. | 这就是为什么 我如此小心筛选客户的原因 |
[23:35] | Say what you like about warlords and dictators… | 我喜欢军阀和独裁者 |
[23:38] | they tend to have a highly developed sense of order. | 他们通常很讲义气 |
[23:41] | They always pay their bills on time. | 总是准时付钱 |
[24:17] | What are you doing? | 你想干嘛? |
[24:18] | Fuck you! | 操你! |
[24:19] | Fuck you! | 操你! |
[24:25] | No, Vit! | 不要,维! |
[24:31] | The first and most important rule of gunrunning… | 走私枪支第一条也是最重要的守则是 |
[24:34] | is never get shot with your own merchandise. | 别被自己买卖的商品打伤了 |
[24:38] | Are you okay? | 你没事儿吧? |
[24:40] | I think so. | 我想是 |
[24:42] | So what do we do now? | 我们现在该怎么办? |
[24:45] | Let’s celebrate. | 我们庆祝一下 |
[25:10] | That narco guerilla had his facts right. | 那个北哥伦比亚的游击份子说得没错 |
[25:12] | After shipping it stateside, the return on that blow | 美国边境的缉毒行动 |
[25:15] | netted me a healthy profit. | 的确为我带来可观的利润 |
[25:17] | It would have been even better, | 要不是半途丢了一公斤 |
[25:18] | except one kilo never made it back. | 利润会更可观 |
[25:21] | Vitaly? | 维塔利? |
[25:23] | Vit! | 维! |
[25:28] | To this day I don’t know what Vitaly was running away from. | 直至今日我还不知道维在逃避什么 |
[25:32] | Maybe just from Vitaly. | 或许是在逃避他自己吧 |
[25:35] | I found him twelve days, two thousand miles, | 12天后 我在两千哩外 |
[25:37] | and one hundred and fifty grams later | 玻利维亚边境的寄宿屋子里找到了他 |
[25:39] | in a Bolivian boarding house. | 还吸了150公克 |
[25:45] | Of course, my dream girl had gone there before me. | 没想到,我的梦中情人 早我一步来到了这里 |
[25:55] | Vit! | 维! |
[26:06] | Come on! | 快开门! |
[26:23] | Fuck, Yuri’s back. | 妈的!尤里回来了 |
[26:25] | It’s my brother, Yuri. | 我哥哥,尤里 |
[26:28] | He’s my big brother. | 我的大哥哥 |
[26:32] | What the fuck is that? | 妈的,那是什么? |
[26:33] | Ukraine. | 乌克兰 |
[26:35] | I was young, but I remember. | 虽然当时我还年幼,但我记得 |
[26:37] | Look… I start in Odessa, right? | 瞧,我从奥德萨… |
[26:40] | And then I work my way to the Crimean | 到克米恩 |
[26:43] | You’ll be dead before you fucking reach Kiev! | 到了基辅你就没命了! |
[26:46] | We’re going home. Come on, | 快,咱们回家吧 |
[26:47] | You fuck! You fucking fuck! | 你…我操… |
[26:50] | You fucking fuck… | 操…操 |
[26:52] | What the fuck is your problem? | 你有啥问题啊! |
[27:01] | Come on, Vit. | 走吧,维 |
[27:04] | Yuri, it’s so nice to be home. | 回家真好 |
[27:07] | We’re gonna get you home. | 嗯…我会带你回家 |
[27:09] | Come on. | 来 |
[27:21] | Get out of the car. | 下车吧 |
[27:27] | Vitaly, I need you to get out of the car. | 维塔利,我要你下车 |
[27:31] | I promised our parents. | 我对父母发过誓 |
[27:35] | Please. | 别 |
[27:36] | Vitaly, you’re going to have a great time. | 维塔利,你会很满意的 |
[27:38] | This is a top place. | 这是好地方 |
[27:39] | Two Ford models checked in last week. | 上周有两个杂志模特 |
[27:40] | And that cute weather girl’s been here since July. | 还有报气象的美女六月就来了 |
[27:42] | Please. | 别 |
[27:46] | Please, Yuri. | 求你了,尤里 |
[28:05] | You’re a good brother. | 你是好哥哥 |
[28:10] | You’re a good brother, Yuri. | 你是好哥哥,尤里 |
[28:11] | Okay. All right. | 嗯…好了 |
[28:13] | Good brother. | 好哥哥 |
[28:13] | All right. Get out of the car. | 下车吧… |
[28:15] | Okay | 好吧 |
[28:18] | Get out of the car. | 下车吧 |
[28:26] | From then on I was a one-man operation. | 那时起我就单独行动了 |
[28:29] | I never understood what separated the recreational drug user from the habitual. | 我从没搞清楚偶而吸毒玩玩和吸上的毒瘾有什么分别 |
[28:33] | But for the grace of God it could’ve been me snorting lines as long as the Belt Parkway. | 上帝见证 还好我自己没有吸上瘾 |
[28:39] | However, I wasn’t entirely free | 但是我还是没能逃脱 |
[28:41] | of the grip of addiction myself. | 某种令人上瘾的东西 |
[28:43] | There she was again. | 她又出现了 |
[28:44] | Ava Fontaine. | 艾娃·方田 |
[28:46] | In my neighborhood they say, | 我们那儿的街坊邻居说 |
[28:48] | “The good get out.” | 能走出这里才算有出息 |
[28:49] | In our own ways, we’d both conquered the world. | 我和她都用各自的方式,征服了世界 |
[29:09] | You can’t force somebody to fall in love with you. | 你不能强迫一个人爱上你 |
[29:11] | But you can definitely improve your odds. | 但起码你可以制造机会 |
[29:15] | It cost me 20 grand to book he for a fake photo shoot. | 我花了两万元搞个假拍照活动骗她来 |
[29:18] | Another twelve to buy out the hotel. | 又花了一万二买通旅馆 |
[30:03] | Popular hotel, huh? | 很受欢迎的旅馆,对吧? |
[30:09] | Ava Fontaine. – Yuri Orlov. | 艾娃·方田 – 尤里·奥洛夫 |
[30:12] | What brings you to St. Barts? | 为何事来这儿? |
[30:13] | Photo shoot. | 拍照 |
[30:14] | At least, that was the plan. | 至少原来是这么安排的 |
[30:16] | I guess the photographer got stuck in Miami. | 摄影师被困在迈阿密了 |
[30:18] | Hurricane. Though there’s nothing on the news. | 说有飓风,但新闻上只字未提 |
[30:22] | Those things can come out of nowhere. | 这种事儿总是突如其来 |
[30:26] | So… the job’s been cancelled, | 拍照取消了 |
[30:28] | and wouldn’t you know it, there’s no flight to New York until Tuesday. | 更麻烦的是星期二才有飞机去纽约 |
[30:31] | You can hitch a ride with me if you like. I’m leaving tomorrow. | 如果你愿意,可以搭我的飞机,我明天走 |
[30:34] | Meanwhile, why don’t I take your picture? | 趁此,不如我替你照张像吧 |
[30:39] | In my experience, | 经验告诉我 |
[30:40] | some of the most successful relationships are based on lies and deceit. | 最成功的两人关系 都是从谎言和欺骗开始的 |
[30:44] | Since that’s where they usually end up anyway… | 关系发展到最后也是撒谎和欺骗 |
[30:46] | it’s a logical place to start. | 不如就这样开始吧 |
[30:48] | Right there. Hold it there. | 就那儿,别动 |
[30:50] | Oh, my God! | 我的天啊! |
[30:56] | I nearly went broke trying to convince her I was anything but. | 为了让她相信我的财富 使我几乎破产 |
[31:01] | I knew Ava was not the kind of woman to be seduced by a ride in a private jet | 我不信她会被能搭一趟私人飞机所诱惑 |
[31:04] | unless you owned the jet. | 除非飞机是我的 |
[31:06] | This is your plane? | 是你的飞机吗? |
[31:08] | That is my name. | 那是我的名字 |
[31:10] | Of course, I was lying. | 我当然在撒谎 |
[31:11] | The plane was rented, like the car and even the suit I was standing in | 飞机是租的,还有车子和身上的西装 |
[31:15] | At the last minute,I’d bribed the crew for the paint job. | 起飞前我才贿赂机员 漆上我的名字 |
[31:18] | Luckily, by the time we landed… | 还好降落前 |
[31:20] | Ava wasn’t looking anywhere but in my eyes. | 她的眼睛没离开过我身上 |
[31:24] | I had no idea. | 我居然浑然不知 |
[31:27] | I’m sorry I didn’t recognize you. | 真抱歉我没认出你 |
[31:29] | Don’t apologize. I put clothes on for a living. | 不用道歉啦 我穿各种衣服只是为了挣钱罢了 |
[31:32] | A least you’re not taking them off. | 我倒希望你脱下来 |
[31:34] | I would be, if half the photographers had their way. | 假如摄影师能来那我就会脱了 |
[31:37] | What about you? | 你呢? |
[31:39] | I’m in transport. | 我做运输生意 |
[31:40] | International air freight, mostly. | 大部份是国际空运 |
[31:43] | Business is good. | 生意很好吧 |
[31:46] | Where’re you from? | 你是哪儿人? |
[31:47] | I was born in Ukraine, but I grew up in Brooklyn. | 我生在乌克兰,在纽约布鲁克林长大 |
[31:49] | No. | 不会吧! |
[31:50] | What, you too? | 怎么了?你也是? |
[31:52] | Williamsburg. | (乌克兰)威廉堡 |
[31:56] | Here’s to a hurricane. | 那…敬飓风一杯 |
[32:00] | Without it, I never would have met you. | 如果没它,我就不会认识你 |
[32:03] | This is no accident, is it, Yuri? | 这可不是巧合,尤里 |
[32:10] | It feels like fate. | 这是命运的安排 |
[32:13] | I don’t believe in fate. | 我不信命运 |
[32:16] | What do you believe in? | 那你信什么? |
[33:00] | Is that a view, or is that a view? | 风景漂亮,还是你漂亮? |
[33:02] | That’s a view. | 是风景啦 |
[33:14] | Thank you. Thank you all. | 谢谢…谢谢大家 |
[33:22] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[33:23] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[33:26] | Always remember, son… | 别忘了,儿子 |
[33:28] | There is something above you. | 总是会有些东西是在你之上的 |
[33:30] | Sure, Dad. | 会的,爸爸 |
[33:31] | A forty-thousand-dollar crystal chandelier. | 四万元的水晶吊灯嘛 |
[33:36] | Make yourselves at home. Go! | 别拘束,随处转转 |
[33:39] | Go! | 走啊! |
[33:55] | I’m sorry. Today must be tough. | 对不起,你一定很难过 |
[33:58] | It’d be nice to have a couple more guests from my side of the family. | 今天如果我的爸妈能来 那就好了 |
[34:03] | I’m sure they’re watching right now. | 他们现在一定在天上看着你 |
[34:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:07] | But you don’t believe that, Yuri | 但是你不信这些,尤里 |
[34:09] | …remember? | 还记得吗? |
[34:13] | I know you, Yuri. | 我了解你,尤里 |
[34:15] | I know you’re not everything you seem. | 我知道你不像表面上那样风光 |
[34:19] | Don’t worry, I won’t ask a lot of questions. | 别担心,我不会问很多问题的 |
[34:22] | I don’t want to hear you lie. | 因为我不想听你撒谎 |
[34:25] | You take risks. | 你常挺而走险 |
[34:27] | Just promise me you won’t risk us. | 答应我,别把全家赔上了 |
[34:33] | That’s the trouble with falling in love with a dream girl. | 这就是爱上梦中情人的麻烦 |
[34:36] | They have a habit of becoming real. | 她们会突然成为现实 |
[34:43] | I’ve never been so glad to see Vitaly. | 见到维塔利,我从没这么高兴过 |
[34:46] | You’re fucking beautiful! | 你们真他娘的天生一对儿 |
[34:50] | Brother… | 老哥 |
[34:51] | Brother, thank you so much for giving me such a beautiful sister. | 谢谢你给我这么漂亮的嫂子 |
[34:55] | He was out of rehab, and out of his mind. | 出了戒毒所,他乐疯了 |
[34:58] | Dance! Dance! We have to dance! | 跳舞,跳舞,跳舞! |
[35:00] | All right, all right It’s a wedding, a celebration | 得好好庆祝婚礼! |
[35:02] | To Yuri! | 敬尤里! |
[35:02] | For once, he rescued me. | 有一次,他救了我一命 |
[35:08] | I was still living way beyond my means. | 我依旧超支度日 |
[35:11] | Mortgaged to the hilt, using one credit card to pay another. | 房贷超高 以信用卡养信用卡 |
[35:14] | Anything to keep Ava in the style to which she had thanks largely to me | 我以前宠惯了她现在只好拼命想办法 |
[35:18] | become accustomed. | 才能维持她以往的生活水平 |
[35:21] | Ava, this is too much. | 艾娃,这太贵重了 |
[35:23] | Yuri likes to spoil you. | 尤里很宠爱你的 |
[35:24] | Then suddenly, | 突然间 |
[35:25] | all my Christmases came at once. | 我所有的圣诞礼物都一起来了 |
[35:27] | Nicki, you did it! Good boy! | 尼奇,你会走啦!好孩子! |
[35:30] | That’s my grandson! | 这才像我孙子! |
[35:32] | Yuri, don’t you want to see what your son is doing? | 尤里,快来看你儿子在干嘛 |
[35:34] | Whoever said it’s better to give than receive… | 说施比受更有福的人 |
[35:37] | …never got a Christmas present like the one I got… | 一定没收过 |
[35:39] | in 1991 from Mikhail Gorbachev. | 像1991年戈巴契夫给我这样的礼物 |
[35:42] | What the hell’s the matter? | 到底怎么啦? |
[35:43] | It’s over! | 结束啦!结束啦! |
[35:45] | What’s over? | 什么结束啦? |
[35:46] | The Cold-fucking-War! The Soviet-fucking Union | 妈的,冷战,苏联,邪恶帝国 |
[35:48] | The Evil fucking-Empire! Mikhail’s saying no mas. | 他说结束了 |
[35:51] | He’s throwing in the towel. | 一切都结束了! |
[35:52] | It’s over! | 都完了! |
[35:57] | Your son is walking. | 你儿子会走路了 |
[35:59] | That’s incredible, honey. | 真棒,甜心 |
[36:06] | At least they’ll get religious freedom. | 起码他会给宗教自由 |
[36:08] | Let’s hope so. | 希望如此 |
[36:11] | I think I’ll go back for a visit. | 我想回去看看 |
[36:13] | Do you stay in touch with Uncle Dmitri? | 你和狄米奇叔叔还有连络吗? |
[36:19] | I’m not a fool, Yuri. | 我不是傻瓜,尤里 |
[36:23] | I don’t think you’re going to Odessa to sell Pepsi-Cola. | 我不信你回去,是要卖百事可乐 |
[36:30] | Is this how you want to be remembered? | 这是你希望被后人纪念的方式吗? |
[36:34] | I don’t want to be remembered at all. | 我根本不希望留名青史 |
[36:36] | I’m being remembered, it means I’m dead. | 如果是那样,就表示我已经死了 |
[36:40] | Merry-fucking-Christmas! | 圣诞快乐 |
[36:43] | Who is this, Vitaly? | 维塔利,这是谁? |
[36:45] | I’m Angel. | 我叫天使 |
[36:46] | Her name really is Angel. | 她真的是天使 |
[36:50] | She’s a fairy. | 她真是 |
[36:54] | Let’s put her on top of the Christmas tree. | 让我把她放在圣诞树顶 |
[36:56] | Come on | 来 |
[37:03] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[37:04] | Come on. | 来 |
[37:05] | I love you all. | 我爱你们 |
[37:09] | Take this. | 拿着 |
[37:28] | I’m going back to Ukraine. | 我要回乌克兰 |
[37:34] | I miss Odessa. | 我想念奥德萨 |
[37:45] | I miss you. | 我想你 |
[37:46] | I miss you. | 我也想你 |
[37:50] | Be careful, Yuri. Those things you sell kill. | 小心啊,尤里 你卖的东西是可以杀人的 |
[37:55] | Inside. | 你的心 |
[37:59] | You’re high. | 你过度紧张了 |
[38:02] | That’s true. | 也许吧 |
[38:07] | Hello, Christian. | 嗨,克里斯丁 |
[38:16] | During the Cold War, the Red Army stationed nearly one million troops in Ukraine | 冷战时期 因为是战略要地 |
[38:20] | because of its strategic military importance. | 红军在乌克兰屯兵百万 |
[38:24] | The day after The Wall came down… | 柏林围墙倒后 |
[38:26] | the paychecks stopped coming. | 军人就领不到薪水了 |
[38:29] | There’s nothing better for an arms dealer combination of disgruntled soldiers | 愤怒的士兵和满仓库的武器对军火贩来说 |
[38:33] | and warehouses full of weapons. | 真是美妙的组合 |
[38:38] | I was hoping Major General Dmitri Volkoff | 我寄望狄米奇将军 |
[38:41] | would open a lot of armory doors | 会打开各处军事基地的 |
[38:42] | in a lot of military bases. | 武器仓库 |
[38:44] | For a start, he was family. | 首先,起码他是我家人 |
[38:47] | He was a highly decorated hero of the Red Army, | 他是红军极力吹捧的英雄 |
[38:49] | and he was almost permanently shit-faced | 现在却弄得脸上无光 |
[38:52] | I can’t just sell you government property, Yuri. | 我不能私下卖政府的资产给你 |
[38:57] | I have to report. | 我得向上级汇报 |
[38:59] | Report to who? Moscow? | 向谁汇报?莫斯科? |
[39:04] | As of last week | 上周开始 |
[39:05] | Moscow’s in a foreign country. | 莫斯科已经在外国了 |
[39:07] | New flag, new boss. | 新国旗,新领导 |
[39:08] | There is no new boss yet. | 新领导还没产生呢 |
[39:10] | They’re all too busy squabbling over | 他们正忙着争夺 |
[39:12] | who’s gonna get the presidential holiday home at the Black Sea. | 黑海边的总统度假别墅 |
[39:16] | It’s beautiful. | 它真豪华 |
[39:17] | The ones who know don’t care any more | 你所熟悉的领导已经不管事了 |
[39:19] | and the ones who care don’t know. | 那些管事的却什么也不知道 |
[39:25] | Show me your inventory. | 让我看看你的库存 |
[39:38] | Those 45 years of mutual hatred between the East and the West | 东西方45年来的敌对 |
[39:42] | had generated the highest weapons buildup in history. | 造就了历史上 最强大的武器 |
[39:45] | The Soviets had guns coming out of the demon hole. | 苏联有从地狱弄来的枪堆得比山高 |
[39:48] | Huge stockpiles, and now no enemy. | 现在却没有敌人 |
[39:52] | How many Kalashnikovs do you have? | 总共多少支枪? |
[39:57] | Forty thousand. | 四万 |
[39:59] | Is that a four? | 有四万? |
[40:01] | It doesn’t look like a four to me. | 我觉得不到四万 |
[40:02] | It’s more like a one. | 看起来只有一万 |
[40:05] | No, it’s a four. | 的确有四万 |
[40:06] | It’s whatever we say it is. | 我们说多少就是多少 |
[40:07] | Because no one else will know the difference? | 谁也不知道有差 |
[40:13] | Ten thousand Kalashnikovs for a Your stocks are battalion. | 一个营才有一万支枪 |
[40:17] | Your stocks are dangerously depleted, Dmitri. | 你的库存少得危险 |
[40:19] | You should order more from the factory. | 你该去向工厂订货了 |
[40:22] | Someone will work it out. | 有人会追查的 |
[40:26] | What happens then? | 那时怎么办? |
[40:27] | We’ll cut them in. | 把他也拉进来 |
[40:32] | The end of the Cold War | 冷战结束时 |
[40:33] | was the beginning of the hottest time in arms dealing. | 却是军火交易最热络的时候 |
[40:36] | The arms bazaar was open. | 军火市场开了大门 |
[40:39] | Guided missiles, unguided missiles. | 导弹,非导弹 |
[40:41] | Mortars, mines, | 迫击炮,地雷 |
[40:42] | armored personnel carriers. | 人员运输车 |
[40:44] | Whole tank divisions. | 整个部队的坦克 |
[40:51] | I even landed a squadron of helicopter gunships. | 我甚至还遇到一批 攻击直升机的火炮手 |
[41:07] | The most sophisticated fighting machines… | 最精准的火炮 |
[41:09] | built for a war with America that never happened. | 为对付美国而造的 但战争却从未发生 |
[41:18] | Thanks to me, | 他们得感谢我 |
[41:19] | they’d finally get to fire a shot in anger. | 终于有了 发炮的机会来发泄愤怒 |
[41:30] | I have a feeling it wasn’t exactly what Comrade Lenin had in mind | 我有种感觉这大概不是列宁 |
[41:34] | when he advocated the redistribution of wealth. | 当年所倡导的财产重新分配 |
[41:37] | But I wasn’t the only one offering a crash course in capitalism. | 但我不是唯一的提供他们资本主义速成课程的人 |
[41:43] | I had rivals. | 我有竞争对手 |
[41:45] | Inform your commanding officer | 请通报指挥官 |
[41:46] | that Simeon Weisz is here to meet him. | 席米恩·怀斯求见 |
[41:52] | You don’t know who I am, do you? | 你不认识我吧? |
[42:06] | You’re late. | 你迟到了 |
[42:08] | So it appears. | 似乎是 |
[42:40] | You look a little lost, Simeon. | 看上去你似乎摸不着门路 |
[42:41] | Is the world changing too fast? | 是世界改变得太快了吗? |
[42:43] | I’m here, aren’t I? | 我这不是找来了吗? |
[42:45] | Not all of you, I think. | 不全然 |
[42:47] | You’ve gotten so rich selling for the CIA | 你替中情局贩卖军火赚了大钱 |
[42:49] | you can’t seem to get that ideology | 但你似乎还无法 |
[42:51] | completely out of your head. | 放下身段 |
[42:52] | Oh, the Cold War had its uses. | 冷战时我不得不如此 |
[42:56] | Kept the tensions frozen. | 得首先考虑双方紧张的关系 |
[42:59] | Now it’s harder to determine | 现在很难取舍 |
[43:01] | which side one’s on. | 该站在哪一方 |
[43:02] | Things have become more complicated. | 事情变得比较复杂了 |
[43:04] | No, it’s gotten simpler. | 不,是变简单了 |
[43:07] | There’s no place in gunrunning for politics anymore, | 政治考量已经不存在于军火业了 |
[43:10] | I sell to leftists and rightists. | 我卖给左翼,也卖给右翼 |
[43:12] | I sell to pacifists, | 甚至和平主义者 |
[43:14] | but they’re not the most regular of customers. | 不过他们不是常客啦 |
[43:17] | Of course, you’re not a true internationalist… | 你如果不卖武器 |
[43:18] | …until you’ve supplied weapons | 去打击自己的国家 |
[43:20] | to kill your own countrymen. | 你就算不上是个国际军火贩 |
[43:24] | This current state of chaos won’t last forever. | 现今这种混乱的局势不能继续下去 |
[43:29] | There’ll have to be order. | 必须重新建立秩序 |
[43:33] | Instead of cutting each other’s throats, | 与其互相敌对 |
[43:36] | it may be beneficial if we work together. | 咱们不如合作 |
[43:38] | What do you think? | 如何? |
[43:42] | What do I think? | 我认为如何? |
[43:44] | I think you are the amateur now, | 我认为你现在才是玩票的 |
[43:47] | and I think you should go with your instincts. | 你应该按照你的直觉去做 |
[43:49] | With your first instinct. | 你的第一个直觉 |
[43:51] | I’m the same man who was not good enough for you before | 过去的我不配给你提鞋 |
[43:54] | and I’m just not good enough for you now. | 现在还是不配 |
[44:12] | The problem with gunrunners going to war | 军火贩子之间开战有个麻烦 |
[44:16] | is that there’s no shortage of ammunition. | 就是双方都有用不尽的弹药 |
[44:22] | This was the chaos that the Old Guard had always feared. | 这就是咱们这行老前辈们总在顾忌的 |
[44:25] | As far as they were concerned,I was giving arms dealers a bad name. | 他们担心 我会搞坏军火商的名声 |
[44:29] | But they could hardly report me to the Better Business Bureau. | 但是他们无法向优化商务局举报我 |
[44:34] | And Ukraine wasn’t the only former state… | 乌克兰不是唯一一个 |
[44:37] | with an unpaid army and stockpiles of guns. | 拥有没有工资的军队和很多军火的国家 |
[44:40] | There was Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland, Belarus… | 这里还有保加利亚,匈牙利 波兰,巴拉如斯 |
[44:45] | all there for the taking. | 他们全都是 |
[44:51] | Of all the weapons in the vast Soviet arsenal… | 在苏联兵工厂里的所有武器中 |
[44:54] | nothing was more profitable than Avtomat Kalashnikova, | 没有一种像AK47 |
[44:58] | model of 1947, | 或者叫卡拉希尼可夫 |
[44:59] | more commonly known as the AK-47… or kalashnikov. | 更赚钱的 |
[45:04] | It’s the world’s most popular assault rifle | 它是世界上最流行的冲锋枪 |
[45:06] | a weapon all fighters love. | 战士最喜爱的武器 |
[45:09] | An elegantly simple nine-pound amalgamation of forged steel and plywood. | 由9磅金属和4英尺长木头制成 |
[45:13] | It doesn’t break, jam, or overheat. | 它不会坏,卡壳,或者过热 |
[45:16] | It will shoot whether it’s covered in mud or filled with sand. | 就算它被泥土或者沙子覆盖还是可以正常的开火 |
[45:19] | It’s so easy, even a child can use it | 它的使用非常简单 就算一个小孩都可以使用它 |
[45:22] | and they do. | 而且他们的确在使用它 |
[45:23] | The Soviets put the gun on a coin. | 苏联把枪放到他们的钱币上 |
[45:25] | Mozambique put it on their flag. | 莫桑比克把枪的图案放在国旗上 |
[45:28] | Since the end of the Cold War, | 自从冷战结束后 |
[45:29] | the Kalashnikov has become the Russian people’s greatest export. | AK47成为了苏联主要的出口货物 |
[45:33] | After that comes vodka, caviar, | 接着是伏特加酒,鱼子酱 |
[45:35] | and suicidal novelists. | 和有自杀倾向的诗人 |
[45:37] | One thing’s for sure | 有一点我确定 |
[45:39] | no one was lining up to buy their cars. | 没有人想排队去买他们的车 |
[46:08] | 战斗到死 莫斯科支持我们 | |
[46:12] | I thought you supposed watching out for these people. | 我以为你应该躲着这些人 |
[46:14] | How can I? | 我怎么躲 |
[46:16] | You keep selling my helicopters. | 你不停卖我的直升机 |
[46:18] | You are too greedy, Yuri! | 你太贪钱了,尤里 |
[46:20] | I can’t hold him forever. | 我不能永远的挡住他 |
[46:22] | I’ve got paperwork. | 我有许可书 |
[46:23] | Not for the gunships. | 对战斗直升机无效 |
[46:25] | You know the penalty for sanction-busting. | 你知道如果我们被抓了 |
[46:27] | Selling the military helicopter is a major violation. | 卖军用直升机可是一项重罪 |
[46:31] | Military helicopter. | 军用直升机 |
[46:36] | It’s not a military helicopter. | 这不是一架军用直升机 |
[46:39] | It’s a rescue helicopter. | 这是一架救援直升机 |
[46:41] | Get to work, son. | 快干活,小子 |
[46:46] | The law’s on our side. | 法律在我们这边 |
[47:07] | All right, let me see your papers. | 好的,让我看一看你的许可书 |
[47:10] | No-no-no, put that away. | 不要,把枪拿开 |
[47:11] | See your papers. | 让我看一看你的许可书 |
[47:12] | Yuri Orlov. | 尤里·奥洛夫 |
[47:14] | Mr. Orlov, always In the wrong place at the right time. | 奥洛夫先生总是在正确的时间 出现在错误的地方 |
[47:20] | We’ve met before. | 我们以前见过 |
[47:21] | Off the coast Colombia. | 在哥伦比亚的海岸线附近 |
[47:23] | What was the name of that freighter? | 那船叫什么名字来着? |
[47:25] | I can’t remember, was it the Kono or the Kristol? | 柯诺号还是克里斯多号? |
[47:28] | The crew called that vessel a lot of names. | 船上的船员给那艘船起了很多名字 |
[47:30] | None repeatable in polite company. | 没有一个是好名字 |
[47:32] | Answer the question. | 回答你的问题 |
[47:34] | The new MP-5. | 哦,新型的MP5 |
[47:36] | Would you like a silencer for that? | 你想要个消音器吗? |
[47:38] | I need to see your papers. | 我要看你的许可证 |
[47:43] | Dmitri! | 狄米奇 |
[47:48] | The end-user certificate for this aircraft… | 这架直升机的使用者证明书上写着 |
[47:50] | states “Burkina Faso.” | 沃克纳·瓦梢 |
[47:53] | Nice, very nice. | 真不错 |
[47:55] | Did you type this up yourself? | 是你自己打的吗? |
[47:56] | The helicopter is to be used on humanitarian missions. | 这架直升机是用来执行人道主义任务的 |
[47:59] | Oh, so you’re a humanitarian? | 噢,你是一个人道主义者 |
[48:01] | Oh, absolutely. | 当然是 |
[48:03] | This is a military aircraft. | 这是一架军用直升机 |
[48:05] | Not anymore. – Listen to the nephew! | 现在不是了 – 听他讲 |
[48:07] | What can they do with military hardware but convert it to civilian use? | 他们能用由军用直升机 改装的民用直升机做什么 |
[48:11] | The only way you could die from this baby | 如果是因为这架直升机死了人 |
[48:13] | now is if a food drop hits you. | 那是因为你被投掷的食物砸死了 |
[48:17] | And this stuff over here, huh? | 这边的东西呢? |
[48:19] | Is it going to Burkina Faso… Ah, | 他们也用来行人道主义任务吗? |
[48:21] | but to a different client at a different address. | 不同的客户,不同的地址 |
[48:23] | That’s just a coincidence is that it? | 只是一个巧合是吗? |
[48:24] | Do you take me for a complete fucking fool? | 你以为我是一个大傻瓜吗? |
[48:27] | Not complete, sir. | 并不是很傻 |
[48:29] | And while I hesitate to tell your job. | 我不会打搅你的工作 |
[48:31] | I must point out that when shipped separately, | 我必须指出 |
[48:33] | the weapons and the aircraft both comply with current Interpol | 如果我分开运输武器和直升机 |
[48:36] | trade standards and practices. | 都符合现在的国际条约 |
[48:37] | We both know, | 我们都知道 |
[48:38] | that is an obscene bureaucratic loophole that’s gonna be closed | 这只是一个条约上的漏洞 |
[48:42] | any goddamn day. | 这个漏洞不知那天就会消失 |
[48:43] | But it’s not closed. | 但是现在还没消失 |
[48:45] | And while certain people might interpret this cargo as suspicious, | 有些人也许认为 这些集装箱可疑 |
[48:49] | thank God we live in a world, where suspicion alone does not constitute a crime. | 感谢上帝 只有可疑是无法给我定罪的 |
[48:52] | And men like you | 像你这样的人 |
[48:54] | respect the rule of law. | 会遵守法律条约 |
[49:00] | I was as guilty as sin, | 我的确是有罪的 |
[49:02] | but Valentine couldn’t prove it. | 但是瓦伦丁无法证明 |
[49:04] | And he was the rarest breed of law enforcement officer, | 他是执法人员里很少见的 |
[49:06] | the type who knew I was breaking the law, | 尽管他知道我在犯法 |
[49:08] | but wouldn’t break it himself to bust me. | 但是他不会以非法的手段来逮捕我 |
[49:14] | Valentine wasn’t the only one trying to put me out of business. | 瓦伦丁并不是唯一想让我没生意做的人 |
[49:17] | My uncle had turned down a half dozen rival arms dealers, | 狄米奇拒绝了许多其他的军火商 |
[49:20] | sometimes with offers better than mine. | 有时他们的条件比我的要好 |
[49:23] | But to Dmitri, you couldn’t put a price on loyalty. | 但是你不能用钱来买衷心 |
[49:39] | What was he doing here? | 他来这干什么? |
[49:40] | He is hoping to beat your offer. | 他希望能抢到你的生意 |
[49:42] | I told him to go have intercourse with himself. | 我告诉他去死吧 |
[49:46] | But Yuri | 但是,尤里 |
[49:47] | You need to make more payoffs. | 你应该多给一些了 |
[49:49] | Too many know. – Don’t worry. | 很多人已经知道了 – 不用担心 |
[49:50] | There are more VCRs and cigarettes. | 我放了很多录像机和烟 |
[49:52] | I left them in your new car. | 在你的新车里 |
[49:54] | Even your enemy was admiring that car. | 就连你的敌人都很喜欢那辆车 |
[50:01] | I’m the luckiest man alive. | 我是世界上最幸运的人 |
[50:04] | You are. | 你的确是 |
[50:44] | Hello. | 喂 |
[50:44] | Ava? | 艾娃? |
[50:45] | Hi, baby. | 亲爱的 |
[50:48] | You forgot what time it is? | 你知道现在几点了吗? |
[50:50] | Sorry, I… | 对不起… |
[50:52] | How was that your audition? | 你的面试怎么样? |
[50:56] | They’re going in another direction. | 他们改变了他们的要求 |
[50:58] | Direction with someone who can act. | 他们想要一个可以表演的人 |
[51:00] | They don’t deserve you. | 他们配不上你 |
[51:04] | Where are you? | 你在哪? |
[51:05] | Is everything okay? | 一切都好吗? |
[51:09] | It was a rough day at the office. | 不是很好 |
[51:11] | Come home. | 回家吧 |
[51:12] | Soon. How’s Nicki? | 很快就回家了 尼克怎么样? |
[51:14] | He misses you. We both do. | 他很想你 我们都想你 |
[51:18] | It’s lonely without you here. | 我们没有你感到很孤独 |
[51:21] | You know I don’t like nights. | 你知道我不喜欢夜晚 |
[51:23] | Ever since my parents… | 自从我的父母… |
[51:33] | Yuri, what’s that? | 尤里,那是什么声音? |
[51:35] | A party. | 一个聚会 |
[51:36] | I’d better go. | 我该走了 |
[51:38] | Just wanted to call and hear your voice. | 只是想听一听你的声音 |
[51:40] | Kiss Nicki for me. | 替我亲一下尼克 |
[51:41] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[51:45] | The pillaging didn’t die with my uncle. | 军火并没有因为狄米奇的死而消失 |
[51:48] | After The Wall came down | 自从墙倒塌后 |
[51:50] | $32 billion billion dollars worth of arms | 价值3200亿的军火 |
[51:53] | were stolen and resold from Ukraine alone, | 被盗然后从乌克兰被买走 |
[51:55] | one of the greatest heists of the 20th Century. | 这是20世纪最高的纪录 |
[52:12] | The primary market was Africa. | 非洲是最主要的市场 |
[52:15] | Eleven major conflicts involving | 在10年里 |
[52:17] | thirty-two countries in less than a decade… | 有11场战斗,23个国家参与 |
[52:19] | A gunrunner’s wet dream. | 这是军火走私商的天堂 |
[52:21] | At the time, the West couldn’t care less. | 现在,西方并不关心这些 |
[52:23] | They had a white war in what was left of Yugoslavia. | 他们在南斯拉夫有一场白人的战争要打 |
[52:26] | I did the bulk of my business in Liberia… | 我最主要在利比里做我的生意 |
[52:29] | “Land of the Free.” | 自由之地 |
[52:30] | Originally established as a homeland for freed American slaves, | 一开始这里是黑人奴隶的自由之地 |
[52:34] | it’s been enslaved by one dictator or another ever since. | 但是从那之后这些奴隶还是被这个或者另一个人统治着 |
[52:38] | The latest was American-educated, | 最新的统治者是受过美国教育的 |
[52:39] | self declared president, Andre Baptiste. | 自封为总统的安德烈·巴特思 |
[52:48] | Mr. Yuri! | 尤里先生 |
[52:51] | I’m Andre Baptiste, Junior. | 我是安德烈·巴特思二世 |
[52:55] | My father would like to meet you. | 我的父亲想见你 |
[52:57] | What an honor. | 真是荣幸 |
[52:59] | Thank him. | 谢谢 |
[53:00] | But unfortunately I have other business. | 但是我还有其他生意要做 |
[53:02] | It’s a shame, it’s a very busy schedule. | 对不起,我很忙 |
[53:11] | It is not, as they say, optional. | 应该说你没有选择的权利 |
[53:19] | My father is easily offended. | 我的父亲很容易生气 |
[53:23] | My schedule just freed up. | 我突然有时间了 |
[53:27] | President Baptiste was my best customer | 巴布锑总统是我最好的客人 |
[53:29] | but I was in no hurry to meet him. | 但是我不着急去见他 |
[53:31] | He’d gotten a reputation for routinely hacking off the limbs of those who opposed him. | 他消除异己的残忍手段路人皆知 |
[53:35] | His seven-year civil war has been described… | 7年的内战 |
[53:38] | as “a relentless campaign of sadistic wanton violence.” | 被总结为纯粹为了暴力的战争 |
[53:42] | That kind of sums up Andy for me. | 这就是我将要去见的安迪 |
[53:47] | The Glock is interesting. | 这个转轮很有趣 |
[53:50] | It’s made of a polymer composite. | 他是合金制成的 |
[53:53] | Many of my clients feel they can get through airport security without setting off a lot of bells and whistles. | 这样过机场安检就不会触发警铃 |
[53:57] | Personally I do not recommend that. | 但是我并不同意这样做 |
[53:59] | On the other hand, | 从另一方面来说 |
[54:00] | if you are looking for a traditional wheel gun, | 如果你想要一种传统的大火力手枪 |
[54:04] | there is no substitute for the six inches | 没有一种枪可以代替 |
[54:06] | of muzzle energy of a.357 magnum. | 6英寸长的.357毫米马格南 |
[54:08] | And of course, it will never jam. | 当然它从不卡壳 |
[54:13] | Why did you do that? | 你为什么这么做? |
[54:15] | What did you say? | 你说什么? |
[54:18] | Now you’ll have to buy it. | 你必须买下它 |
[54:20] | It’s a used gun. | 它已经被你用过了 |
[54:23] | How can I sell a used gun? | 我怎么能卖掉用过的枪 |
[54:27] | A used gun. | 一把用过的枪 |
[54:30] | A used gun. | 一把用过的枪 |
[54:33] | That’s a good one. | 有趣 |
[54:37] | You know there is no discipline with the youth today. | 你知道吗?现在的年轻人没有纪律 |
[54:41] | I try to set an example but it is difficult, eh? | 我只是想树立一个榜样 虽然这不容易 |
[54:46] | Personally, I blame MTV. | 我想这都是MTV的错 |
[54:52] | A used gun. | 一把用过的枪 |
[54:58] | I think you and I, we can do business. | 我想我们可以做生意了 |
[55:04] | If I thought I was scared of Andre Senior, | 如果说我害怕安德烈一世 |
[55:06] | I knew I was scared of Andre Junior. | 不如说我更害怕安德烈二世 |
[55:09] | Like father, like son. | 有其父必有其子 |
[55:11] | The guava doesn’t fall too far from the tree. | 就像果实从来不会掉到离树很远的地方 |
[55:14] | He was also a cannibal. | 他简直是一个食人怪 |
[55:16] | They say Andre would eat a victim’s heart | 他们说安德烈会吃掉 |
[55:18] | while it was still beating | 他的敌人还在跳动的心脏 |
[55:19] | to give him superhuman strength. | 这样他可以得到超越常人的力量 |
[55:29] | Monrovia itself was like being on another planet. | 到蒙罗维亚就像到了另一个星球一样 |
[55:32] | Planet Monrovia. | 蒙罗维亚星球 |
[55:34] | From the temperature, | 从气温来说 |
[55:35] | it was obviously a planet close to the sun. | 它是最接近太阳的星球 |
[55:39] | I rarely saw another white man, | 我从没见过另一个白人 |
[55:41] | and I never left town alone. | 我从来不独自离开这个村庄 |
[55:43] | Outside town was the edge of hell. | 这个村庄之外就是地狱的边缘 |
[55:45] | I didn’t want to even gaze into it. | 我连看都不想看 |
[55:47] | This is your hotel. Two stars. | 这就是你住的旅馆 2星级的 |
[55:53] | Can you bring me the gun of Rambo? | 你能带给我蓝博之枪吗? |
[55:55] | Part one, two, or three? | 第1,2,还是第3集的? |
[55:57] | I’ve only seen part one. | 我只看过第一集 |
[55:59] | M60 The M-60. | |
[56:00] | Would you like the armor-piercing bullets? | 你想要带穿甲弹的吗? |
[56:02] | Please. | 太好了 |
[56:05] | My father left a welcoming present in your room. | 我父亲留了一个见面礼在你房间里 |
[56:08] | Enjoy. | 慢慢享受吧 |
[56:24] | My God, she nearly got her head cut off. | 我的天啊,她差点就被砍头了 |
[56:29] | When I get to America, | 当我到美国时 |
[56:31] | I will not live in Brentwood. | 我不会住在那里 |
[56:35] | Second floor. | 2楼 |
[56:41] | In the most AIDS-infested region of the globe… | 在全球艾滋病最流行的地方 |
[56:44] | where one in four is infected… | 4人中就有1人感染 |
[56:46] | Andre’s idea of a joke was to put | 安德烈和我开玩笑的方式 |
[56:48] | a young lman and a young Naomi in my bed. | 就是把两个漂亮的女人放到我床上 |
[56:51] | And no condom within 100 miles. | 而且在方圆100英里内找不到避孕套 |
[57:08] | Hello, Mr. Yuri. | 你好,尤里先生 |
[57:11] | Hi. | 好 |
[57:12] | We’d be happy to make you happy. | 我们很高兴可以使你感觉高兴 |
[57:16] | Uh, I can’t. I’d love to. | 我不能,我想要做 |
[57:21] | But I can’t. | 但是我不能 |
[57:23] | Don’t worry. | 不要担心 |
[57:24] | We don’t have anything. | 我们没有病 |
[57:31] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道? |
[57:35] | Do we look like it? | 我们看起来像有病吗? |
[57:37] | What if I have AIDS? | 如果我有艾滋病呢? |
[57:39] | Don’t you worry? | 你不担心吗? |
[57:41] | You worry too much. | 你担心的太多了 |
[57:44] | Why do you worry about something that | 为什么你现在担心一个 |
[57:46] | can kill you in ten years | 10年后才会杀死你的病 |
[57:48] | when there are so many things that can kill you today? | 今天就有很多机会你会死 |
[57:54] | Now… | 现在 |
[57:57] | …how can we make you happy? | 我们如何才能使你高兴 |
[58:03] | By leaving. | 离开这里 |
[58:09] | These are my Kalashnikov Kids. | 这些武装到牙齿的儿童 |
[58:12] | My Boy Brigades. | 我的童子军 |
[58:16] | I can see what you are thinking, | 我知道你在想什么 |
[58:18] | but we need every man we can get. | 但是我们需要所有我们可以用的上的男性 |
[58:20] | Even if they’re not men? | 即使他们还没有长大? |
[58:23] | A bullet from a fourteen-year-old… | 从14岁孩子的枪里射出的子弹 |
[58:24] | …is just as effective as one from a forty-year-old. | 就像从40岁男人的枪里射出的子弹一样致命 |
[58:28] | Often more effective. | 也许更致命 |
[58:34] | No one can stop this bath of blood. | 没有人可以阻止这场血浴之战 |
[58:36] | It’s not “bath of blood.” | 不是血浴之战 |
[58:37] | It’s “bloodbath.” | 是浴血之战 |
[58:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[58:42] | But I prefer it my way. | 但是我喜欢这么说 |
[58:56] | I am not going to pay your asking price. | 我不会给你出的价钱 |
[58:59] | We are not a rich people. And besides, | 我们并不富有 |
[59:01] | the market is already flooded with your Kalashnikovs. | 而且市场上已经充斥着你的枪 |
[59:04] | Do you realize in some parts of my country | 你知道在这个国家的某些地方 |
[59:07] | you can get one for the price of a chicken? | 你可以用一只鸡换一只枪 |
[59:08] | But you can’t just consider unit price. | 你不能只看单价 |
[59:10] | You forget ancillary costs. | 还有其他辅助费用 |
[59:12] | End-user certificates need to be forged and notarized, | 伪造文件 |
[59:14] | Shell companies set up, | 建立空壳公司 |
[59:15] | insurance purchased, pilots and crews hired. | 买保险,还有请临时工 |
[59:18] | Not to mention bribes. | 贿赂别人的钱也很多 |
[59:20] | You can’t get a nut and bolt out | 不贿赂别人 |
[59:21] | of the Eastern Bloc without a bribe. | 你根本无法进入边界 |
[59:23] | There’s one bribe for the nut, | 给那个疯子一笔贿赂 |
[59:24] | another for the bolt. | 还有一笔要给那个秃子 |
[59:26] | Andy… Andy, listen to me. | 安迪,安迪 听我说 |
[59:27] | This is an expensive proposition. | 这是一个很费钱的生意 |
[59:30] | “Andy”? | “安迪”? |
[59:33] | I am going to pay you in timber or stones. | 我会付你木材或者钻石 |
[59:42] | I’ll take the stones. | 我当然选钻石 |
[59:44] | It’s kind of hard to get a tree trunk into my hand luggage. | 我可不能把一棵树装进我的手提箱里 |
[59:48] | I know you’re planning a new offensive. | 我知道你在计划反击 |
[59:51] | If you can delay a week, | 如果你能推迟计划一周 |
[59:52] | I can get you armored personnel carriers. | 我可以给你装甲车 |
[59:55] | They’d greatly reduce your casualties… | 它可以有效的减少你的伤亡人数 |
[59:57] | …and give you a significant strategic advantage. | 还可以给你在战场上的优势 |
[1:00:02] | You know, they call me the Lord Of War. | 你知道他们叫我战争之王 |
[1:00:05] | But perhaps it is you. | 我想你才是 |
[1:00:08] | It’s not “Lord Of War,” it’s “Warlord.” | 不是战争之王,应该叫军阀 |
[1:00:13] | Thank you, but I prefer it my way. | 谢谢,但是我喜欢这么说 |
[1:00:19] | Conflict diamonds are a common currency in West Africa, | 钻石在西非是最常用的货币 |
[1:00:22] | also referred to as “blood diamonds” | 也叫做血之钻石 |
[1:00:24] | since bloodshed is what they generally finance. | 因为这些钻石往往都被用于资助流血战争 |
[1:00:28] | By the late ’90s, my wealth had caught up | 在20世纪末期 |
[1:00:30] | to my lies about my welth. | 我的财富已经和我说谎时讲的差不多了 |
[1:00:32] | Even surpassed my lies. | 也许比我说谎时讲的还要多 |
[1:00:34] | I could even afford to become a patron of the arts. | 我甚至有财力去收藏艺术品 |
[1:00:46] | It’s just that I can’t believe it. | 哇,真不敢相信 |
[1:00:48] | Well, of… of course, it’s wonderful. | 这当然很棒 |
[1:00:51] | I just… | 我只是… |
[1:00:51] | I didn’t expect it to happen so soon. | 只是没想到这么快发生 |
[1:00:55] | Yes. Well, that wou-that would be great, too yeah. | 是…那…也很好 |
[1:01:01] | It’s wonderful. Thank you so much. | 太好了,真谢谢你 |
[1:01:04] | It’s… Yuri. Okay, thank you. Bye. | 是…尤里…好…谢谢…再见 |
[1:01:07] | Yuri, that was the dealer on the phone. | 刚电话里是那个艺术商 |
[1:01:09] | I just sold my first painting. | 我卖了第一张画 |
[1:01:10] | Aah! That’s fantastic. | 哇,真是太棒了 |
[1:01:13] | Uh, who bought it? | 谁买了? |
[1:01:15] | It’s someone important. | 一位要人 |
[1:01:16] | They want to remain anonymous. | 不愿透漏姓名 |
[1:01:18] | This is so wonderful! – How was your trip? | 真棒! -对呀!这次外出都好吗? |
[1:01:20] | You know, same old, same old. | 哦…差不多啦… |
[1:01:21] | Where’s Nicki? | 尼奇呢? |
[1:01:22] | Oh, in bed, I’m sorry. He couldn’t stay up. | 他睡了,撑不住了 |
[1:01:25] | That’s best. | 不要紧 |
[1:01:26] | My first painting! | 第一副画耶! |
[1:01:28] | I’m officially an artist! | 我正式成为艺术家啦! |
[1:01:29] | This calls for a drink. – What doesn’t? | 值得干一杯 -谁说不是? |
[1:01:33] | Hi. | 好 |
[1:01:35] | Yuri, this is uh… | 尤里,这是…呃… |
[1:01:37] | Candy. | 小蜜糖 |
[1:01:38] | Candy. Of course. | 小蜜糖!当然咯! |
[1:01:41] | Any friend of my brother’s is a… | 我弟弟的朋友都是… |
[1:01:44] | friend of my brother’s. | 我弟弟的朋友 |
[1:01:45] | You have a beautiful… everything. | 好漂亮哦!你的…一切 |
[1:01:50] | Yes, he does. | 他当然是 |
[1:01:52] | Yes, I do. | 是…我当然是 |
[1:01:53] | I’m going to kiss Nicki goodnight. | 我要去看看尼奇 |
[1:02:51] | How are you, brother? | 老弟,还好吗? |
[1:02:52] | Well, you know, | 你知道的… |
[1:02:54] | still the resident family fuckup. | 我是家里的败类 |
[1:02:57] | Yeah. Well, I guess someone has to do it. | 嗯…呃…总得有一个吧 |
[1:03:00] | Well. | 恩 |
[1:03:03] | Hey, Ava knows, right? | 艾娃知道你在干嘛,对吧? |
[1:03:11] | I never want to say anything, | 我可不想说 |
[1:03:14] | She doesn’t have to know. She understands. | 她不需要了解 她懂的 |
[1:03:16] | She’s a survivor, like me. | 她是一个幸存者,跟我一样 |
[1:03:20] | She may be a survivor, | 她也许是 |
[1:03:21] | but she’s not like you. | 但她绝对跟你不一样 |
[1:03:26] | Really She doesn’t know how you pay for all this | 她不知道你怎么负担得起这一切 |
[1:03:28] | We don’t talk about it. | 我们从不提这事儿 |
[1:03:31] | How many car salesman talk about their work? Huh? | 卖车的会告诉你车有危险? |
[1:03:34] | How many cigarette salesmen? Both their products kill more people | 卖香烟的会吗? 每年他们的商品 |
[1:03:37] | every year than mine. | 比我的枪害死更多人 |
[1:03:39] | At least mine has a safety switch. | 起码我的商品还有安全栓呢 |
[1:03:41] | If those guys can leave their work at the office, | 那些人不会把工作上的事带回家 |
[1:03:44] | so can I. | 我也不会 |
[1:03:47] | God damn, you are good! | 天啊…妈的…你真行! |
[1:03:52] | You really are. | 真的 |
[1:03:54] | You almost had me convinced. | 你差点让我相信了 |
[1:04:07] | Could you… | 你能… |
[1:04:11] | could you help me out with… | 帮帮我吗? |
[1:04:20] | Why? | 为什么? |
[1:04:23] | Why? | 什么? |
[1:04:26] | Why? | 为什么? |
[1:04:28] | Why what? | 什么为什么? |
[1:04:30] | Why? | 为什么? |
[1:04:31] | Why? I don’t know. | 为什么?- 我不知道 |
[1:04:32] | Why… I don’t know. | 为什么?- 我不知道 |
[1:04:33] | Why what? | 什么? |
[1:04:36] | Why’re you so fucked up all the time? | 为什么你老闯祸? |
[1:04:44] | Because I am. I don’t know. | 我就是这样,不知道为什么 |
[1:04:56] | I didn’t know how much Ava really knew… | 我不清楚艾娃知道多少… |
[1:04:58] | and how much she ignored. | 还是装做看不见 |
[1:05:01] | She never questioned how a guy in the transport business | 她从不问我为何一个做运输业的 |
[1:05:03] | could afford to give her 18 carat diamond earrings. | 能买得起18克拉的耳环 |
[1:05:07] | I guess she didn’t want to hear the answer. | 我想她也不希望知道答案 |
[1:05:10] | Mostly, She seemed content | 她似乎对我 |
[1:05:11] | that I was a good provider and as far as she was concerned, | 养家的能力很满意 她也认为我对她 |
[1:05:15] | loyal. | 很忠实 |
[1:05:16] | Despite the other women… | 虽然我有在外逢场作戏 |
[1:05:18] | I always made love to Ava | 但每次做爱 |
[1:05:19] | as if she was the only one. | 我都把她当成我唯一的女人 |
[1:05:25] | I’m not saying I didn’t have setbacks. | 我不是说生意都很顺利 |
[1:05:27] | It’s not called gunrunning for nothing. | 没有枪子儿跑得快 |
[1:05:29] | You gotta be fast on your feet. | 怎能叫军火贩子 |
[1:05:31] | Some revolutions blow over the guns even get there. | 有时军火还没运到 革命战争就已经爆发了 |
[1:05:34] | There’s nothing’s more expensive for an arms dealer than peace. | 对我们来说和平比什么代价都大 |
[1:05:37] | Truce? What do you mean, truce? | 协议停火?停火是什么意思? |
[1:05:40] | The guns are already on their way. | 军火已经在途中了 |
[1:05:43] | Peace talks. | 和平谈判! |
[1:05:45] | All right, forget it. | 好啦…算了… |
[1:05:46] | I’ll re-route the shipment to the Balkans. | 我转运到巴尔干半岛 |
[1:05:48] | When they talk about war, | 当他们说要打仗时 |
[1:05:49] | they keep their word. | 他们总是信守承诺的 |
[1:05:58] | Of course, a new breed of gunrunner | 有了新一代的军火商 |
[1:06:00] | requires a new breed of cop. | 当然就要有新一代的警察 |
[1:06:07] | Henry, take Park Avenue. | 亨利,走派克街 |
[1:06:28] | Take ’em on a tour of New Jersey. | 带他们去新泽西逛逛 |
[1:07:04] | Yuri, there are men going through our garbage cans. | 尤里…有人朝我们的垃圾箱走来 |
[1:07:09] | Well, it’s probably just some reporters | 大概是记者 |
[1:07:11] | looking for somebody else. | 找错人了吧 |
[1:07:13] | I have a feeling they don’t work for the tabloids. | 我总觉得他们不是小报的记者 |
[1:07:17] | Yuri… | 尤里… |
[1:07:20] | is there anything I should be worried about? | 我该担心什么吗? |
[1:07:24] | No, nothing. | 没…没事 |
[1:07:25] | Nothing? | 没事? |
[1:07:27] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:07:29] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[1:07:35] | Sir. | 长官 |
[1:08:24] | I was now the best merchant of death alive. | 我现在是最好的,还活着的死亡军火贩 |
[1:08:27] | I didn’t own my own plane, I owned a fleet. | 虽然我没有一架私人飞机 但我有一整队飞机 |
[1:08:30] | Running guns into Liberia, Sierra Leone, or the lvory Coast at least once a week. | 我每周至少一次运货去利比里亚,拉利昂和象牙海岸 |
[1:08:34] | Most trips I had phony paperwork. | 大部分时间我使用假证件 |
[1:08:37] | The deadline was tight | 如果赶时间 |
[1:08:38] | and I had to cut corners, | 我就只有冒险 |
[1:08:39] | I had no paperwork at all. | 干脆简单到连证件也省了 |
[1:08:44] | But I wasn’t overly concerned. | 我也不担心 |
[1:08:46] | There was hardly any radar over most of Africa | 非洲大部份地区没有雷达 |
[1:08:48] | and even fewer people to watch it. | 雷达观测员就更少了 |
[1:08:55] | Charlie Echo India, C-E-I… re-route to Kabala airport… | 转降卡巴拉机场 |
[1:08:59] | …on heading zero-two nine. | 029方向 |
[1:09:01] | Comply immediately. | 立刻遵照指示行动 |
[1:09:16] | Hello, Southern? It’s Yuri. | 撒登中校,我是尤里 |
[1:09:18] | I Sorry to call you on this number. | 抱歉打你这个号码 |
[1:09:19] | But I’ve got Interpol’s all over my ass. | 国际警察缠上我了 |
[1:09:21] | I can’t know you right now. | 我现在不能讲话… |
[1:09:22] | It’s uh, not a good time. | 时机不对 |
[1:09:26] | Not a good time? | 时机不对!? |
[1:09:37] | Charlie, Echo, India, comply immediately. | C-E-I,立刻遵照指示行动 |
[1:09:40] | This is your last warning. | 这是最后的警告 |
[1:09:41] | Where was the first fucking warning? | 妈的,何时第一次警告? |
[1:09:43] | Rock your wings if you intend to comply | 如果愿意遵守就摇动机翼 |
[1:09:45] | I’m putting us down. | 我要下降 |
[1:09:51] | If you land, we’re going away. | 降落我一定会被抓 |
[1:09:53] | I don’t have paperwork. | 我没证件 |
[1:09:54] | We’re in a flying fucking bomb! | 我们就快要爆炸了! |
[1:09:55] | They’re firing bullets at our bullets. | 他们向我们开火了 |
[1:09:57] | I’m putting us down. | 我要下降 |
[1:09:59] | Okay, okay. Fuck! | 好啦…好啦…操! |
[1:10:01] | This is Charlie, Echo, India. | 这是C-E-I |
[1:10:03] | Request re-route to Kabala airport, | 请求转降卡巴拉机场 |
[1:10:05] | bearing zero-two-nine. | 方向029 |
[1:10:07] | No, not the airport. | 不…不要降落机场 |
[1:10:09] | There the highway. It’s our only hope. | 降在高速路上是唯一的希望 |
[1:10:11] | Are you fucking mad? | 你妈的疯啦 |
[1:10:13] | A pothole will set us off. | 路上有个坑就完了 |
[1:10:15] | You underestimate yourself, Alexei. | 你也太低估自己了,艾利西 |
[1:10:16] | You’re the best. | 你是最棒的 |
[1:10:18] | You’re the shit, Alexei, you’re the shit! | 艾利西,妈的,你最棒 |
[1:10:22] | Of course Alexei wasn’t the best. | 艾利西当然不是最好的飞行员 |
[1:10:24] | He’d come forty-second out of forty three | 他是莫斯科航校 |
[1:10:26] | at the Moscow Flight School. | 倒数第二名毕业 |
[1:10:36] | Oh, God, what’s he doing? | 天啊,他在干嘛? |
[1:10:38] | Is this guy nuts? | 他疯了吗? |
[1:10:42] | I can’t land there, sir. | 我不能降落 |
[1:10:43] | Kabala’s fifteen minutes away. | 卡巴拉离这儿15分钟 |
[1:10:45] | He can’t get far. | 他跑不远的 |
[1:10:46] | I want a truck on the tarmac. | 叫辆卡车在停机坪待命 |
[1:12:05] | We gonna be okay. | 我们会没事的 |
[1:12:09] | Where are you going? | 你们去哪儿? |
[1:12:10] | As far from the evidence as we can get. | 离证据愈远愈好 |
[1:12:12] | Wait, there’s not going to be any evidence! | 等等…证据马上就没了! |
[1:12:30] | Come here. Come here. | 来…大家来 |
[1:12:34] | Hey, don’t be shy. Here, look. | 喂…别害羞…来…瞧瞧 |
[1:12:37] | Free sample | 免费的样品 |
[1:12:38] | help yourself, okay? Free sample. | 来拿吧,免费的样品 |
[1:12:39] | Tell yourt friend. | 告诉你朋友们 |
[1:12:43] | Gun for you. | 枪吗? |
[1:12:44] | Happy times. Come on. | 过瘾吧! |
[1:12:46] | Help yourselves. No charge. | 全部送…免费 |
[1:12:48] | Everything goes. | 快来呀 |
[1:12:49] | Guns, guns, guns, yes, come on up! | 枪阿!枪阿!枪阿! |
[1:12:52] | Here! You’re having fun now, huh? | 来!高兴吧? |
[1:12:56] | Come on! Guns, guns, guns! Yes! | 快来!枪阿!枪阿!枪阿! |
[1:12:59] | Bullets, guns, grenades! | 子弹…枪…手榴弹…耶! |
[1:13:03] | Take ’em all. | 统统拿走 |
[1:13:04] | Take the whole crate. Go ahead. | 整箱拿…快! |
[1:13:10] | Gun, grenades, hooray! | 手榴弹…耶! |
[1:13:13] | Bullets! Guns! Grenades! | 子弹…枪…手榴弹… |
[1:13:17] | Yeah. | 好 |
[1:13:18] | That one’s got your name on it. | 枪上还刻着你的名字呢 |
[1:13:19] | You want one, too? Come on. | 你也要吗?快来 |
[1:13:21] | Don’t forget the bullets. | 别忘了子弹哦! |
[1:13:23] | Don’t forget the bullets. | 别忘了子弹哦! |
[1:13:24] | How can you shoot a gun if you don’t have bullets? | 没子弹的话,枪也没用 |
[1:13:26] | Everything goes for free! | 所有的,通通免费 |
[1:13:29] | Guns, grenades! All you see. Bullets, | 枪,手榴弹!一切你看得见的,子弹 |
[1:13:33] | guns, grenades. | 枪,手榴弹! |
[1:13:34] | Hooray, hooray! | 耶!耶! |
[1:13:38] | Have the bullets. | 快拿子弹 |
[1:13:40] | What a cargo crew at Heathrow Airport | 机组人员花一整天搬运的货物 |
[1:13:42] | does in a day took a bunch of | 塞拉利昂的饥民 |
[1:13:44] | malnourished Sierra Leonean locals ten minutes. | 在十分钟之内就搬光了 |
[1:13:48] | By the time Agent Valentine got there, | 当瓦伦丁特工到达时 |
[1:13:51] | you could find more guns on a plane full of Quakers. | 草原上遍地是枪,人人手舞足蹈 |
[1:14:01] | Yuri Orlov. | 我是尤里·奥洛夫 |
[1:14:03] | Ow! Fuck! | 噢,操! |
[1:14:04] | You run from us? | 还想逃? |
[1:14:06] | No, Mbizi. No! | 不,恩比西,不要 |
[1:14:08] | Can you run with no legs? | 废了你的双腿看你怎么逃? |
[1:14:10] | Let me make him disappear, Mr Valentine | 我可以让他消失 |
[1:14:12] | Around here, people disappear all the time. | 这里天天有人失踪 |
[1:14:14] | I can’t do that. | 我不能那样做 |
[1:14:15] | Look where we are. Who will know? | 荒郊野外…谁会知道? |
[1:14:20] | We will. | 起码我们知道 |
[1:14:28] | He’s gonna get what’s coming to him. | 他会得到报应的 |
[1:14:30] | I’m not as certain. | 这个我不那么肯定 |
[1:14:40] | All right, get up. | 起来 |
[1:14:46] | What’s the charge? | 罪名是? |
[1:14:47] | What are you doing in Sierra Leone… | 你在塞拉利昂干嘛? |
[1:14:49] | I’m on safari. | 狩猎旅行 |
[1:14:51] | Yeah? You’re hunting wildebeests | 是吗?猎野兽? |
[1:14:54] | with a submachine gun? | 用机关枪? |
[1:14:55] | Do you also work with the Park Service? | 你也替公园管理局工作? |
[1:14:57] | Hunting without a license, is that the charge? | 我的罪名是无照狩猎吗? |
[1:14:59] | Why are we playing games? | 装什么傻? |
[1:15:01] | You traffic arms. | 你私运军火 |
[1:15:03] | Trade. | 是买卖 |
[1:15:04] | Trade. Traffic. | 买卖就是私运 |
[1:15:06] | You get rich by giving the poorest people on the planet | 你提供世上最穷的人们 |
[1:15:10] | the means to continue killing each other. | 互相屠杀的工具以此致富 |
[1:15:12] | Do you konw why I do what I do? | 你知道我为什么做这个 |
[1:15:13] | I mean, there are more prestigious assignments. | 我能选择其他更荣耀的任务 |
[1:15:16] | Keeping track of nuclear arsenals, | 比方追查核武 |
[1:15:18] | You’d think that’s more critical to world security, | 你认为那对世界和平更重要? |
[1:15:20] | but it’s not. | 不对! |
[1:15:21] | No, nine out of ten war victims today | 今天十个战争受害者中有九人 |
[1:15:24] | are killed with assault rifles and small like yours. | 是死于攻击性来福枪和小型武器 正如你的商品 |
[1:15:27] | Those nuclear missiles? | 那些核飞弹? |
[1:15:28] | They sit in their silos. | 它们还在发射筒里坐着呢 |
[1:15:30] | Your AK-47? That is the real weapon of mass destruction. | 你的AK-47才是大规模杀伤性武器 |
[1:15:34] | I don’t want people dead, Agent Valentine. | 瓦伦丁特工,我不想害死人 |
[1:15:37] | I don’t put a gun to anybody’s head and make them shoot. | 我没拿枪指着别人的脑袋要他开枪 |
[1:15:40] | I admit, but shooting war is better for business, | 我是说,他开一枪,对我的生意有好处 |
[1:15:43] | but I prefer people to fire my guns and miss. | 但我希望人们使用我的枪但不打死人 |
[1:15:45] | Just as long as they’re firing. | 只要他们开枪就行 |
[1:15:56] | Can I go now? | 我能走了吗? |
[1:15:58] | You’ve got nothing on me. Except cuffs. | 我身上没有你想要的 除了手铐之外 |
[1:16:05] | Since you’re so concerned with the law, | 既然你要讲法 |
[1:16:07] | you must know that I’m legally | 那你一定知道 |
[1:16:10] | permitted to hold you for twenty-four hours without charging you. | 我能合法的拘留你24小时而不起诉你 |
[1:16:13] | You might ask why I would do that and I can assure you. | 或许你会问,我为什么要这么做 |
[1:16:16] | It’s not because I enjoy your company, because I don’t. | 我保证不是因为我喜欢你陪我 |
[1:16:18] | No, the reason why I’ll delay you for every second | 原因是在许可的24小时内 |
[1:16:22] | of the permissible twenty-four hours | 我要居留你每一秒钟 |
[1:16:24] | Is I’m delaying your deadly trade and the deaths of your victims. | 我就拖延了你的致命武器去杀人 |
[1:16:28] | I don’t think of it as taking a day from you… | 我不认为我拿了你一天 |
[1:16:30] | …but giving a day to them. | 而是多给他们一天 |
[1:16:32] | Some innocent man, woman, or child | 因为你不自由 |
[1:16:34] | is going to have an extra day on this earth because you’re not free. | 所以世上那些无辜的平民才能多活一天 |
[1:16:40] | So, I will see you in twenty-three hours | 所以…23小时55分钟后… |
[1:16:46] | and fifty-five minutes, hm? | 我会再来 |
[1:16:53] | Valentine knew he didn’t have to guard me. | 瓦伦丁知道他不必守着我 |
[1:16:55] | There was nowhere to go. | 我也没地方可逃 |
[1:16:58] | Or maybe he was hoping the locals would tear me apart. | 或许他希望当地人会把我分尸 |
[1:17:01] | But they were too busy with the plane. | 但他们忙着玩我的飞机 |
[1:17:06] | It’s like parking your car in certain neighborhoods in the Bronx. | 就像停了一辆好车在纽约布朗区 |
[1:17:10] | You just don’t do it. | 你绝对不会这么做 |
[1:17:23] | The way I looked at it | 以我的观点来看 |
[1:17:25] | it’s the way of Africa, maybe life. | 这只是非洲的自然现象 或是生命的自然现象 |
[1:17:28] | Everything that comes from the earth eventually returns. | 所有从自然来的东西最后终将回归自然 |
[1:17:32] | Even a 40-ton Atonov-12 cargo plane. | 即使40吨的安通纳12型货机也一样 |
[1:18:33] | A gift. For you. | 我的礼物,给你 |
[1:18:38] | You know, you’ve arrived just in time. | 还好你及时到了 |
[1:18:40] | I was afraid that he might die | 我担心他在你来之前就死了 |
[1:18:42] | before you got your chance to kill him. | 你就没机会了宰了他 |
[1:18:52] | This man came here hoping to take your place. | 这个人…来此…想取代你 |
[1:19:01] | Is that not so? | 我说的对吧? |
[1:19:14] | No, I’m not here to supply Mr. Baptiste. | 不,我不是来为巴提斯先生提供武器的 |
[1:19:19] | I am here to supply his enemies. | 我是来给他的敌人提供武器的 |
[1:19:25] | I fear it’s a sale I shall never complete. | 我想这笔交易我已经无法完成了 |
[1:19:31] | He killed your blood… Your uncle… | 他杀了你一个亲人…你叔叔… |
[1:19:36] | when he tried to kill you. | 他本来想杀你的 |
[1:19:47] | No. | 不要 |
[1:19:48] | No? | 不要? |
[1:19:52] | You want that I should let him go? | 你要我就放了他? |
[1:19:57] | “No. I…” | “不,我…” |
[1:20:03] | You do want him dead. | 你的确想要他死 |
[1:20:05] | You just… | 只是… |
[1:20:08] | don’t want to have to do it yourself. | 不想亲自动手 |
[1:20:15] | So. | 好 |
[1:20:18] | We will do this together. | 我们一起来 |
[1:20:25] | This will be a bonding experience. | 这将是我们结合的经验 |
[1:20:37] | You know you can stop this any time that you want. | 你知道,只要你想,随时可以住手 |
[1:20:40] | But I don’t think that you do. | 但我不认为你想 |
[1:20:42] | Just say the word. | 一句话就好 |
[1:20:45] | Say it. “Stop.” | 说吧…“住手” |
[1:21:02] | Stop. | 住手 |
[1:21:13] | I will get you another room, my friend. | 朋友,我替你另开个房间 |
[1:21:17] | With a much nicer view. | 风景更好些的 |
[1:21:52] | He ordered you brown-brown, Mr. Yuri. | 他帮你要了布朗-布朗,尤里先生 |
[1:21:58] | What? | 什么? |
[1:21:59] | Brown-brown. | 布朗-布朗 |
[1:22:00] | What is it? | 那是什么? |
[1:22:01] | A mixture of cocaine… | 海洛因 |
[1:22:05] | …and gunpowder. | 和火药的混合体 |
[1:22:07] | They give it to the young boys before they do battle. | 他们把它在战斗前给那些孩子们吸食 |
[1:22:10] | They’ll do anything! | 吸过后他们会做任何事 |
[1:22:13] | Some other time. | 下次再试吧 |
[1:22:15] | I suggest you try it, at least once, Mr. Yuri. | 我劝你还是试一下,尤里先生 |
[1:22:19] | Why? | 为什么? |
[1:22:21] | ‘Cause it’s your gunpowder. | 因为这是你的火药 |
[1:22:46] | Even before that night, | 在那晚之前 |
[1:22:47] | I’d started doing a lot of cocaine in West Africa. | 我在西非已经用过很多次毒品了 |
[1:22:51] | I’d never tried brown-brown before, | 我从来没试过布朗-布朗 |
[1:22:53] | but then I’d never killed a man, either. | 就像我从来没有杀过一个人一样 |
[1:23:13] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:23:20] | Oh, I didn’t do anything, did I? | 我没做过什么吧? |
[1:23:30] | Wait. Are you sick? | 你有病吗? |
[1:23:32] | SIDA? AIDS? | 艾滋病? |
[1:23:36] | Ask the white man. He will know. | 问一问这个白人,他会知道答案的 |
[1:23:40] | Sir, will my hand grow back? | 先生,我的手会长回来吗? |
[1:23:51] | Simeon. | 萨米昂? |
[1:23:52] | Remember, Yuri, take sides. | 记住,尤里,立场 |
[1:23:59] | Simeon! | 萨米昂 |
[1:24:03] | Don’t! He’s Andre’s. – Fuck Andre! | 他是安德烈的人 – 去他的安德烈 |
[1:24:07] | Fuck Andre! | 去他的安德烈 |
[1:24:11] | I’m sorry they don’t usually do that. | 对不起,这些枪平时不是这样的 |
[1:24:16] | Let me look it. Maybe I can fix it. | 让我看一看,我也许可以把它修好 |
[1:24:18] | Let me see it. It’s the magazine. | 让我看一看,是弹夹的问题 |
[1:24:20] | Give it to me. | 给我看看 |
[1:24:23] | Fuck you! | 去你的 |
[1:24:50] | I started to feel I’d been cursed. | 我开始觉得我被诅咒了 |
[1:24:53] | …the curse of invincibility. | 不死的诅咒 |
[1:24:59] | Nicki, please, go to your room. | 尼奇,回到你的房间去 |
[1:25:05] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信你 |
[1:25:08] | Can you prove any of this? | 你能证明这些吗? |
[1:25:11] | Mr. Orlov goes to a lot of trouble | 奥洛夫先生花了很长时间 |
[1:25:13] | to make his business look legitimate. | 才使他的公司看起来像是做正当生意的 |
[1:25:15] | Even to you. | 即使是对你 |
[1:25:17] | Perhaps especially to you. | 特别是对你 |
[1:25:19] | I don’t expect we’ll find anything here today. | 我想我们今天在这里什么也不会发现 |
[1:25:22] | So what do you want? | 你到底想要什么? |
[1:25:26] | I was hoping that you would help me. | 我希望你可以帮助我 |
[1:25:36] | I understand that uh… | 我了解… |
[1:25:39] | your parents died tragically? | 你的父母的死很悲惨 |
[1:25:45] | The illegal firearms used to murder your mother and father | 杀死你父母的枪械 |
[1:25:49] | were procured from men exactly like your husband. | 是从像你丈夫那样的人那里来得 |
[1:25:54] | I’d like you to leave. | 我想你离开这里 |
[1:26:00] | Okay. Gentlemen. | 好的,先生们 |
[1:26:17] | Ava? | 艾娃? |
[1:26:28] | Ava, what’s wrong? | 艾娃,你怎么了? |
[1:26:31] | I can’t wear the clothes. | 我不能穿这些衣服 |
[1:26:34] | Can’t wear the jewelry. | 我不能戴这些首饰 |
[1:26:37] | Can’t drive the car. | 我不能开车 |
[1:26:41] | Can’t live in this house. | 我不能住在这间房子里 |
[1:26:43] | Everything’s got blood on it. | 所有的东西都沾满了鲜血 |
[1:26:45] | Blood on it? | 沾满了鲜血? |
[1:26:49] | What’s the matter with you? | 你到底怎么了? |
[1:26:55] | Don’t be so melodramatic. | 不要这么闹情绪 |
[1:26:57] | I’m melodramatic. | 我没不是在闹情绪 |
[1:26:58] | I’m a failed actress, remember? | 我是个失败的演员,记得吗? |
[1:27:09] | I told you, these people, it’s political. | 我告诉过你这些人有政治目的 |
[1:27:12] | They lie. They’re liars. | 他们在说谎,他们是说谎的人 |
[1:27:14] | Look at me. They lie to make themselves look good, okay? | 看着我,他们用谎言来美化自己,知道吗? |
[1:27:17] | You can’t trust them. | 你不能相信他们 |
[1:27:19] | It’s not just them. | 不只是他们 |
[1:27:24] | Don’t worry. Your family didn’t say anything. | 不用担心,你的家人什么也没说 |
[1:27:27] | They didn’t have to. | 他们不需要这么做 |
[1:27:31] | I sell people a means to defend themselves. Ava. | 我卖给这些人力量去保护他们自己,艾娃 |
[1:27:36] | That’s all. | 我只做这些 |
[1:27:36] | Yuri, I see the news. I see those pictures. | 尤里,我看过新闻,我看过那些照片 |
[1:27:41] | The guns are bigger than the boys! | 那些枪比孩子们还要高! |
[1:27:42] | There is nothing illegal about what I do! | 我做的事没有一点是不合法的! |
[1:27:45] | I don’t care if it’s legal! | 我才不管它是否合法! |
[1:27:47] | It’s wrong! | 那是不对的! |
[1:28:08] | Please, stop. | 求求你,收手吧 |
[1:28:13] | It makes no difference if I stop. | 我干或不干已经没有区别了 |
[1:28:16] | Someone will take my place the next day. | 第二天,就会有人接替我的位置 |
[1:28:18] | So let them. We have enough. | 让他们去干吧,我们已经有足够的钱了 |
[1:28:23] | It’s not about the money. | 这并不是关于钱 |
[1:28:27] | Then what is it? | 那是关于什么? |
[1:28:33] | I’m good at it. | 我干这个很拿手 |
[1:28:45] | I feel like all I’ve done my whole life is be pretty. | 我觉得我一生唯一所做的事就是长的漂亮 |
[1:28:49] | I mean all I’ve done is be born. | 我的出世就已经成就了现在的我 |
[1:28:54] | I’m a failed actress, a failed artist. | 我是一个失败的演员,失败的艺术家 |
[1:28:59] | I’m not much good as a mother. | 失败的妈妈 |
[1:29:04] | I’m not even that pretty anymore. | 我有时觉得自己甚至已不再美丽了 |
[1:29:10] | I have failed at everything, Yuri. | 我什么事都已经失败了,尤里 |
[1:29:15] | But I won’t fail as a human being. | 但我不能做一个失败的人 |
[1:29:23] | My enemies had finally found a weapon that could hurt me. | 我的敌人终于找到了一种可以伤害我的武器 |
[1:29:28] | For the next six months, | 在接下来的6个月了 |
[1:29:29] | I stopped running guns. | 我不再走私枪支了 |
[1:29:30] | I went legitimate. | 我开始做正当生意 |
[1:29:32] | This is an untapped market. | 这是一个不可限量的市场 |
[1:29:33] | I’m talking over five million cubic meters of timber in the first year alone. | 我们在说5百万平方米的森林 仅仅是第一年 |
[1:29:37] | Over 100 exploitable species. | 超过100种可以开发的种类 |
[1:29:39] | The oil? | 石油? |
[1:29:40] | Between you and me, this… | 只是在你和我之间 |
[1:29:43] | Ten thousand barrels a month? | 1万桶一个月 |
[1:29:45] | He must be lying. He’s talking! | 他一定是在说谎,他在说谎! |
[1:29:49] | Listen, there are gas reserves off the lvory Coast that OPEC doesn’t even know about. | 这有一些石油储备石油输出国组织根本不知道 |
[1:29:53] | The phone numbers all check out. | 这些电话号码已经都检查过了 |
[1:29:56] | It’s all on the level. | 都是合法的 |
[1:29:59] | No wonder Valentine was confused. | 怪不得瓦伦丁会困惑了 |
[1:30:16] | Thank God there are still legal ways | 感谢上帝 |
[1:30:17] | to exploit developing countries. | 还是有一些合法渠道可以和发展中国家交易 |
[1:30:20] | The only problem with an honest buck | 但是合法的钱 |
[1:30:22] | is they’re so hard to make. | 真是难赚 |
[1:30:24] | The margins are too low. | 很多人都在干 |
[1:30:25] | Too many people are doing it. | 利润实在太低了 |
[1:30:31] | Still, I’d promised Ava. | 但是我已经答应了艾娃 |
[1:30:43] | Yuri, the President of Liberia is on his way up. | 尤里,利比里亚的总统正在来这里的路 |
[1:30:48] | He’s early. | 他早到了 |
[1:30:51] | I’ll be back in a minute. | 我一会就回来 |
[1:30:59] | What the fuck are you doing here, Andre? | 你来这做什么,安德烈? |
[1:31:02] | We are here for peace talks at the United Nations. | 我到联合国来签和平条约 |
[1:31:04] | So at the same time you thought you’d drop in on your arms dealer? | 所以你决定顺便来问候你的军火商? |
[1:31:06] | Well, I was beginning to wonder whether that was still your profession. | 我只是奇怪那还是你的职业吗? |
[1:31:10] | You know, you’re a hard man to get a hold of all of Sudden. | 你要知道你这个人并不好找 |
[1:31:13] | That is a shame. | 太可惜了 |
[1:31:15] | My son and I were hoping to do a little shopping. | 我儿子和我准备在纽约 |
[1:31:19] | While in New York. | 顺道购物一番 |
[1:31:20] | You know they’re watching you. | 他们在监视你,你知道吗? |
[1:31:21] | Yes, I know they blame me. | 是的,我知道 |
[1:31:23] | They blame me for everything, those hypocrites. | 他们什么事都要怪在我头上 那些伪君子! |
[1:31:25] | There’re hunt for a witch. | 他们在找一个巫师(政治迫害的错误语法) |
[1:31:27] | Witch hunt. | 是政治迫害 |
[1:31:29] | Hostilities have escalated. | 冲突已经升级了 |
[1:31:31] | And they are making it very difficult for me to re-supply. | 我无法得到我想要的资源 |
[1:31:35] | That requires a man of your rare ingenuity. | 这需要一个像你这样的人来协调 |
[1:31:42] | I can’t help you, I’m sorry. | 对不起,我无法帮助你 |
[1:31:51] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[1:31:54] | But you should know this: | 但是你应该知道这些: |
[1:31:56] | Due to our present situation | 在目前的情况下 |
[1:31:58] | we are compelled to be unusually generous. | 我们愿意付出任何代价 |
[1:32:07] | So, see you soon, Lord of War. | 希望很快见到你,战争之王 |
[1:32:15] | You still haven’t brought me the gun of Rambo. | 你还没有给我兰博之枪 |
[1:32:35] | At four and a half months old… | 一个四个半月大的胎儿 |
[1:32:37] | a human fetus has a reptile’s tail… | 可以看到尾骨 |
[1:32:40] | a remnant of our evolution. | 这就是进化的证明 |
[1:32:42] | Maybe that’s what I couldn’t escape. | 也许那就是我无法停止的原因 |
[1:32:44] | You can fight a lot of enemies and survive, | 你可以和许多敌人战斗过 仍然存活下来 |
[1:32:46] | but if you fight your biology, | 但是如果你和你自己战斗 |
[1:32:48] | you always lose. | 你总是会输 |
[1:32:50] | You guys aren’t waiting to say goodbye? | 你们不要和我说再见吗? |
[1:32:51] | I’m not leaving for another ten minutes. | 我还要10分钟才离开这里 |
[1:32:53] | Sorry, Nicki has swim practice. | 对不起,尼奇要去上游泳课了 |
[1:32:56] | You know, I’m kind of glad you’re going. | 我知道你要出差,我觉的很高兴 |
[1:32:58] | You’ve been here so long you’re starting to get on my nerves. | 你在这里呆的太久 我开始有些担心了 |
[1:33:01] | This oil concession should be wrapped up by Thursday. | 这个石油项目会在周四结束 |
[1:33:03] | I’ll be back for the weekend. | 周末我就会回来 |
[1:33:04] | We’ll go somewhere. | 我们一家人出去聚一聚 |
[1:33:05] | The sea. | 去海边 |
[1:33:06] | That would be fun. | 那太好了 |
[1:33:09] | Come on. | 好 |
[1:33:09] | Hey. You trust me, right? | 你相信我,对吗? |
[1:33:15] | She looked me directly in the eye… | 她看着我的眼神 |
[1:33:16] | the way I’ve looked in the eyes of a thousand customs officials… | 就像我看着上千名海关人员,政府官员 |
[1:33:19] | government bureaucrats and law enforcement agents. | 和其他执法官员的眼神一样 |
[1:33:22] | Yes, I trust you. | 是的,我相信你 |
[1:33:24] | And she lied without flinching. | 她就这样向我撒了慌 |
[1:33:27] | I’ll see you, big guy. | 再见,宝贝 |
[1:33:29] | Bye Papa. | 再见,爸爸 |
[1:33:30] | She learned from the best. | 她从最好的人那里学到了这些 |
[1:33:32] | Have a good trip. | 祝你旅行愉快 |
[1:33:51] | That’s him. | 那就是他 |
[1:34:12] | Where are we going, Mama? | 我们要去哪里,妈妈? |
[1:34:14] | It’s a game, honey. | 这是一个游戏,亲爱的 |
[1:34:16] | Like hide and seek? | 像捉迷藏一样吗? |
[1:34:18] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:34:21] | Like hide and seek. | 像捉迷藏一样 |
[1:34:43] | I can always sense when I’m being tailed. | 如果我被跟踪了,我总是会感觉到 |
[1:34:46] | I know what to look for. | 我知道怎样找到被跟踪的迹像 |
[1:34:47] | But then I’d never been tailed by the woman I love. | 但是我从来没有被我爱的女人跟踪过 |
[1:35:03] | I can put myself in Ava’s place. | 我可以了解她在想什么 |
[1:35:05] | She might’ve understood if the combination was the last four digits of my social security number… | 她猜到密码也许是我的社安号的最后4位 |
[1:35:10] | my birth date, even her birth date, | 我的生日,或者是她的生日 |
[1:35:11] | but not Nicolai’s. | 但是她不会猜到是尼克的生日 |
[1:35:29] | My son’s birthday unlocked | 我儿子的生日打开了它 |
[1:35:30] | what the government would later describe as “a catalogue of carnage.” | 政府后来称它为”武器大全” |
[1:35:44] | Nicki, stay right there. | 你要呆在这里 |
[1:36:49] | Come on, Nicki. | 我们走,尼克 |
[1:37:04] | Come to see how the other half lives? | 来看我们怎么赔钱吗? |
[1:37:05] | I miss your borscht. | 我想念你做的菜 |
[1:37:07] | Mom and Dad say you’re clean. | 爸爸妈妈告诉我你成功戒毒了 |
[1:37:09] | Yeah, you, too. | 是的,你不也是吗 |
[1:37:12] | You went legit, huh? | 你开始做正当生意了? |
[1:37:14] | That’s hard to believe. | 真是不敢相信 |
[1:37:15] | That’s because it’s not true. | 那是因为那不是真的 |
[1:37:19] | Only you know. | 只有你知道 |
[1:37:20] | I’m leaving tonight on a job | 我今晚要离开,有生意要做 |
[1:37:22] | I want you to come. | 我想让你和我一起去 |
[1:37:25] | I can’t. I’ve got a girlfriend. | 我不能去,我有了女朋友 |
[1:37:30] | I think she might be the one. | 我想她就是我想要结婚的人 |
[1:37:33] | Plus, I’m thinking of opening my own place. | 而且我想自己开一家餐馆 |
[1:37:36] | Maybe this trip will help. | 这次的生意也许可以帮助你 |
[1:37:37] | It’s good money. | 可以赚很多钱 |
[1:37:41] | Yuri, I’ve given my word. | 尤里,我已经同他们发誓不再干了 |
[1:37:46] | No one has to know. | 没有人会知道 |
[1:37:47] | Tell them we going for a little R and R. | 我告诉他们我们去做石油生意 |
[1:37:53] | What do you need me for, all of sudden? | 为什么你突然开始需要我了? |
[1:37:55] | West Africa’s fucked up. | 西非现在很混乱 |
[1:37:57] | More than usual. | 不同往日的 |
[1:38:00] | I can’t trust anybody. | 我没有任何人可以相信 |
[1:38:05] | I need you to watch my back. | 我需要你保护我 |
[1:38:45] | Yuri! Welcome back. | 尤里!欢迎你回来 |
[1:38:52] | Welcome both of you. | 欢迎你们两个人 |
[1:38:54] | Welcome to democracy. | 欢迎来到民主国家 |
[1:38:56] | Democracy? | 民主国家? |
[1:38:57] | What have you been drinking, Andy? | 你最近到底喝了什么?安迪 |
[1:38:58] | Huh, you have not seen the news. | 你看新闻了吗? |
[1:39:00] | You know they accuse me of rigging elections. | 他们控告我非法操纵大选 |
[1:39:03] | But after this, with your Florida and you Supreme Court of Kangaroos, | 但是在你们最高法院 对于佛罗里达的事作出最后判决后 |
[1:39:07] | Now, the U.S. Must shut up forever. | 美国要永远的闭嘴了 |
[1:39:15] | How do you do this, Yuri? | 你是怎么办到的,尤里? |
[1:39:18] | How do you do this, | 你是如何 |
[1:39:20] | when they are watching all of my airspace? | 在他们监视着我领空的条件下办到的? |
[1:39:23] | Where there’s a will, there’s a weapon. | 哪里有需求,哪里就会有武器 |
[1:39:26] | Come on, where’s my fucking money? | 快点,我的钱在哪? |
[1:39:33] | When it is delivered. | 你把货送到后,你就会收到钱 |
[1:39:36] | It is delivered. | 货已经送到了 |
[1:39:38] | This is not for me. | 这些货不是给我的 |
[1:39:39] | This is for my neighbors to the west. | 它是给我西面的邻居的 |
[1:39:42] | The west? | 西边? |
[1:39:44] | We’re going to Sierra Leone. | 我们要去塞拉利昂 |
[1:39:46] | Oh, yes. And my son Baptiste Junior | 没错,我的儿子安德烈二世 |
[1:39:50] | will go with you to make the proper introductions. | 会和你们一起去帮你们作介绍 |
[1:39:53] | We have no trucks. | 我们没有卡车 |
[1:39:55] | You will. | 你们会有的 |
[1:39:56] | As soon as we get the food out of them. | 我们运完食物后,你们就有卡车了 |
[1:40:04] | Gun of Rambo. | 兰博之枪 |
[1:40:06] | Mr. Yuri, you’re a man of your word. | 尤里先生,你很守信用 |
[1:40:10] | So where are we going? | 我们去哪里? |
[1:40:12] | RUF -the Freedom Fighters. | RUF,自由战士 |
[1:40:16] | Every faction in Africa calls themselves by the noble names. | 每一个在非洲的派系 喜欢给自己起一些高尚的名字 |
[1:40:20] | Liberation-this Patriotic-that, | 解放这个,爱国那个 |
[1:40:22] | Democratic Republic of-something-or-other. | 或者共和或民主什么的 |
[1:40:28] | I guess they can’t own up to what they usually are | 也许他们不知道自己是什么 |
[1:40:31] | Federation of Worse Oppressors than the Last Bunch of Oppressors. | 地球唯一喜欢战争的民族 |
[1:40:41] | Often, the most barbaric atrocities occur | 往往最残忍的暴行 |
[1:40:43] | when both combatants proclaim themselves “freedom fighters.” | 都出自声称自己为自由战士的人们 |
[1:40:52] | Right, I’ve got 500 units, brand new right out of the box, | 好的,我有500支枪,全新的 |
[1:40:57] | all as clean as this. What have you got? | 刚刚从箱子里拿出来,都和这支一样新 |
[1:41:17] | God! Oh, Jesus. | 上帝啊 |
[1:41:23] | God! Oh, Jesus. | 上帝啊 |
[1:41:28] | Yuri, I need to talk to you. | 尤里,我要和你谈一谈 |
[1:41:31] | Not now. | 现在不可以 |
[1:41:32] | Now. | 现在就要 |
[1:41:35] | Excuse me. | 对不起,失陪一下 |
[1:41:44] | What? | 怎么了? |
[1:41:46] | We can’t do this deal. | 我们不能做这笔交易! |
[1:41:48] | The fuck we can’t! What’s the matter with you? | 你到底怎么了? |
[1:41:49] | Look, over there. | 看那边 |
[1:41:52] | As soon as we hand over the guns those people are going to die! | 当我们把枪交给他们的时候 那些人就会被杀! |
[1:41:56] | It’s not our business. | 那不关我们的事 |
[1:42:00] | They killed a boy just now as young as Nicki. | 他们刚刚杀了一个和尼克相同年纪的小孩 |
[1:42:07] | What is the holdup? | 有什么问题吗? |
[1:42:09] | There is no holdup. | 没有问题 |
[1:42:10] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上就过去 |
[1:42:12] | Vitaly, it’s what we always know: | 维塔利,我们一直知道这个事实 |
[1:42:13] | We can’t control what they do. | 我们不能控制他们要干什么 |
[1:42:15] | No, no, today we can. Today we can. | 不,尤里,今天我们可以 |
[1:42:18] | Yuri, they’re right there! | 他们就在那里! |
[1:42:19] | What do you think they’ll do to us if we back out? | 如果我们真这么做的话 |
[1:42:22] | They’ll kill us. | 他们会杀了我们 |
[1:42:23] | And if we go ahead, what do you think they’ll do to them? | 但是我们继续 你知道他们会怎样对这些人吗? |
[1:42:30] | We’ve got to do something. | 我们要做些事帮助他们 |
[1:42:40] | What is he saying? | 他在说什么? |
[1:42:42] | It’s the deal. | 是交易 |
[1:42:44] | My brother’s not happy with the terms. | 我的弟弟对交易的一些细节不满 |
[1:42:46] | We’ll work it out. It’s nothing. | 我们在讨论这个问题,没事的 |
[1:42:56] | Right? It’s nothing. | 对不对,没事的 |
[1:43:07] | Yeah. Nothing. | 没事的 |
[1:43:10] | You’re right. Yuri, you’re right. | 尤里,你说的没错 |
[1:43:13] | God, I’ve got to get my shit together. | 上帝啊,我脑子一定出问题了 |
[1:43:16] | This is not our fight. | 这不是我们的战争 |
[1:43:18] | Right. | 没错 |
[1:43:19] | Okay. What’s the deal? | 交易内容是什么来着? |
[1:43:21] | 300 RPGs, 500 assault rifles and 800 grenades. | 300支肩抗式火箭筒 500支步枪,800枚手榴弹 |
[1:43:28] | I thought it was 1200 grenades. | 我以为是1200枚手榴弹 |
[1:43:34] | I was so caught up in the deal… | 我太重视这次交易了 |
[1:43:36] | I never realized what was going on in Vitaly’s head. | 我没有仔细思考过维塔利的脑子里到底在想什么 |
[1:43:39] | I thought it was 1200 grenades. | 我以为是1200枚手榴弹 |
[1:43:41] | Confused. | 我记错了 |
[1:43:42] | Come to think about it, | 再回头想想 |
[1:43:43] | maybe I never understood what was going on in his head. | 也许我永远也不会知道他脑子里在想什么 |
[1:43:51] | I beg your pardon. | 对不起 |
[1:43:52] | May I see another stone? | 我可以看一看另一颗钻石吗? |
[1:43:54] | One thing I do understand for certain… | 有一点我很确定 |
[1:43:57] | is that Vitaly broke the cardinal rule of gunrunning. | 就是维塔利打破了走私枪支最重要的规则 |
[1:44:00] | Never pick up a gun and join the customers. | 永远不要拿起一支枪 变成和你客户一样的人 |
[1:44:10] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[1:44:16] | Something for Yuri. | 为尤里做一些事 |
[1:44:18] | Step away. Slow. | 放下它,慢慢的 |
[1:44:39] | No, Vit! | 不要,维塔利 |
[1:44:43] | No! Vit! | 不要,维塔利 |
[1:46:11] | Only half the guns were gone… | 只有一半的枪支被炸毁了 |
[1:46:12] | so I was still entitled to half the diamonds. | 所以我依然得到了一半的钻石 |
[1:46:16] | If I took them, I was lost. | 如果我拿了它们,我失去了一些东西 |
[1:46:18] | If I left them, I was lost. | 如果我不拿它们,我也是失去了一些东西 |
[1:46:29] | The massacre played out exactly how Vitaly predicted. | 一场大屠杀发生了,就像维塔利所说的那样 |
[1:46:32] | But then, a half-dozen other massacres | 另外,那一周在塞拉利昂 |
[1:46:34] | happened in Sierra Leone that week. | 还发生了许多大屠杀 |
[1:46:37] | You can’t stop them all. | 你不可能制止所有的大屠杀 |
[1:46:38] | In my experience, you can’t stop any of them. | 以我的经验来说 你不可能制止任何一个大屠杀 |
[1:46:43] | They say evil prevails when good men fail to act. | 人们说 “如果正义之士不行动的话,邪恶就获胜了” |
[1:46:47] | What they ought to say is, evil prevails. | 这句话应该是,“邪恶获胜了” |
[1:47:04] | I now shared even more in common… | 我现在和被上帝遗忘的这个国家的统治者 |
[1:47:07] | with the leader of that country God seemed to have forsaken. | 有了更多的相同点 |
[1:47:10] | We saw something in each other that neither of us liked. | 我们在对方里看到了一些我们并不喜欢的东西 |
[1:47:13] | Or maybe we were just looking in the mirror. | 也许我们各自只是在看一面镜子 |
[1:47:36] | I paid a Monrovian doctor twenty dollars | 我给了一个利比里亚医生20美元 |
[1:47:38] | to remove the lead from Vitaly’s body | 叫他把维塔利身体里的子弹都取出来 |
[1:47:40] | and write a bogus death certificate. | 然后写一个伪造的死亡证明书 |
[1:47:43] | I should’ve paid more. | 我应该多给他一些 |
[1:47:45] | I’ve smuggled millions of rounds of ammunition, | 我走私里上百万的弹药 |
[1:47:48] | and the bullet that lands me in jail… | 但是那颗把我送到监狱里的 |
[1:47:49] | is found under my dead brother’s rib. | 确是那颗在我弟弟肋骨下的子弹 |
[1:47:53] | Yuri Orlov. | 尤里·奥洛夫 |
[1:47:55] | We’re with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. | 我是美国烟酒枪械管理署的 |
[1:47:58] | Let me guess. | 让我猜一猜 |
[1:48:00] | This is not about the alcohol or the tobacco. | 这一定不是关于烟和酒 |
[1:48:44] | Crimean Restaurant. | 克里米亚餐馆 |
[1:48:45] | Papa? | 爸爸? |
[1:48:54] | Both my sons are dead. | 我两个儿子都已经死了 |
[1:48:59] | There are only two tragedies in life. | 生活中有两种悲惨的事 |
[1:49:02] | One is not getting what you want. | 一种是你想要的得不到 |
[1:49:04] | The other is getting it. | 另一种是你得到了 |
[1:49:06] | Is this one of yours? | 这是不是你的? |
[1:49:07] | Jack Valentine finally had what he wanted. | 杰克·范伦提终于得到了他想要的 |
[1:49:10] | Curiously, the death certificate says he died of heart failure. | 真奇怪,死亡证明书上写他死于心脏衰竭 |
[1:49:16] | Falsifying a death certificate? | 伪造死亡证明书? |
[1:49:18] | That’s not gonna hold me. | 这个罪名可告不了我 |
[1:49:20] | You’re right. As usual, you are right. | 你说的没错 和平时一样,你又说对了 |
[1:49:26] | Have you seen today’s paper? Huh? | 你看今天的报纸了吗? |
[1:49:36] | Fake end-user certificates. | 假冒使用者证明书 |
[1:49:37] | Cut-out companies, meticulously catalogued. | 空壳公司,虚假目录 |
[1:49:41] | There is hardly a warlord, dictator, despot anywhere in the world | 世界上没有一个独裁者 |
[1:49:45] | that you’re a first-name basis with. | 军阀没有和你打过交道 |
[1:49:48] | It was your wife your trophy wife that led us to the prize. | 是你的妻子帮助,让我们捉到了你 |
[1:49:53] | It’s not her fault. | 那不是她的错 |
[1:49:54] | She’s just easier to follow than you are. | 她只是比你好跟踪罢了 |
[1:49:58] | May I? | 我可以看报纸吗? |
[1:50:00] | Yeah, go ahead. | 没问题,看吧 |
[1:50:26] | Enjoy it. | 慢慢享受吧 |
[1:50:28] | What? | 什么? |
[1:50:29] | This. | 这个 |
[1:50:31] | Tell me I’m everything you despise. | 随你说吧 |
[1:50:33] | That I’m the personification of evil. | 说我是邪恶的化身 |
[1:50:36] | What? | 还有什么? |
[1:50:37] | Responsible for the breakdown of the fabric of society and world order. | 应该对世界混乱的秩序负责 |
[1:50:42] | I’m a one-man genocide. | 创造大屠杀的人 |
[1:50:45] | Say everything you want to say to me now. | 你现在想说什么就说什么吧 |
[1:50:48] | Because you don’t have long. | 因为你已经没时间了 |
[1:50:50] | Are you paying attention? | 你在注意听吗? |
[1:50:52] | Or are you delusional? | 还是你在做梦? |
[1:50:55] | You have broken every arms embargo written. | 你已经违反了每一条法律 |
[1:50:58] | There is enough here to put you away for consecutive life sentences. | 我们有足够的证据来判你终身监禁 |
[1:51:03] | You are going to spend the next ten years of your life | 在你真正进监狱之前 |
[1:51:05] | going from a cell to a courtroom | 你会花十年时间 |
[1:51:07] | before you even start serving your time. | 在监狱和法院之间穿梭 |
[1:51:12] | I don’t think you fully appreciate the seriousness of your situation. | 我想你没有真正认识到这个问题的严重性 |
[1:51:26] | My family has disowned me. | 我的家人不认我了 |
[1:51:31] | My wife and son have left me. | 我的妻子和孩子离开了我 |
[1:51:37] | My brother’s dead. | 我的弟弟死了 |
[1:51:39] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[1:51:41] | I fully appreciate the seriousness of my situation. | 我很真正认识到这个问题的严重性 |
[1:51:44] | But I promise you, | 我敢对你发誓 |
[1:51:47] | I won’t spend a single second in a courtroom. | 我不会在法院里呆上一秒钟 |
[1:51:51] | You are delusional. | 你是在做梦 |
[1:51:53] | I like you, Jack. | 我喜欢你杰克 |
[1:51:55] | Well, maybe not, but I understand you. | 不,也许不是,但是我了解你 |
[1:52:02] | Let me tell you what’s gonna happen. | 让我来告诉你将会发生什么 |
[1:52:06] | This way, you can prepare yourself. | 这样可以让你有所准备 |
[1:52:13] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:52:14] | Soon there’s going to be a knock on that door | 很快,会有人来敲门 |
[1:52:16] | and you will be called outside. | 你会被叫到外面去 |
[1:52:17] | In the hall there will be a man who outranks you. | 在过道里 会有一个官阶比你高的人站在那里 |
[1:52:20] | First, he’ll compliment you on the fine job you’ve done | 首先,他会祝贺你所做的一切 |
[1:52:23] | that you’re making the world a safer place | 你使世界成为一个和平的地方 |
[1:52:26] | that you’re to receive a commendation and a promotion. | 你会得到奖状或升职 |
[1:52:30] | And then he’ll tell you that I am to be released. | 然后他会告诉你,我需要被释放 |
[1:52:33] | You’re gonna protest. | 你会反对 |
[1:52:35] | You’ll probably threaten to resign. | 你也许会以辞职来要挟他 |
[1:52:38] | But in the end, I will be released. | 但是在最后,我会被释放 |
[1:52:42] | The reason I’ll be released | 我被释放的原因 |
[1:52:43] | is the same reason you think I’ll be convicted. | 和你认为我会被判刑的原因是一样的 |
[1:52:46] | I do rub shoulders with some of the most vile, | 我和一些世界上 |
[1:52:49] | sadistic men calling themselves leaders today. | 称自己为领导人的人打交道 |
[1:52:53] | But some of those men are the enemies of your enemies. | 这些人当中的有一些人是你的敌人的敌人 |
[1:53:01] | And while the biggest arms dealer in the world is your boss… | 世界上最大的军火交易商是你的老板 |
[1:53:05] | the President of the United States, | 美国的总统 |
[1:53:07] | who ships more merchandise in a day I do in a year | 他一天卖的比我一年卖的还多 |
[1:53:12] | sometimes it’s embarrassing to have his fingerprints on the guns. | 有时 在枪支上找到他的指纹是一件很尴尬的事 |
[1:53:17] | Sometimes he needs a freelancer like me | 有时,他需要像我这样的自由工作者 |
[1:53:20] | to supply forces he can’t be seen supplying. | 来支持那些他不可能支持的军队 |
[1:53:23] | So | 所以 |
[1:53:25] | you call me evil, | 你称我为恶魔 |
[1:53:29] | but unfortunately for you | 但不幸的是 |
[1:53:32] | I’m a necessary evil. | 我是一个必须要存在的恶魔 |
[1:53:50] | I would tell you to go to hell. | 我会告诉你去下地狱 |
[1:53:53] | But I think you’re already there. | 但是我想你已经在那里了 |
[1:54:30] | Pleasure doing business with you. | 很高兴和你合作 |
[1:54:33] | Most people are happy just to get out of jail. | 对于很多人来说 离开监狱是一件很高兴的事 |
[1:54:35] | I expect to be paid to leave. | 我不但离开监狱,还得到了钱 |
[1:54:38] | I’m not a fool. | 我不是一个傻瓜 |
[1:54:39] | I know that just because they needed me that day | 我知道他们在今天需要我 |
[1:54:41] | didn’t mean they wouldn’t make me a scapegoat the next. | 并不意味着明天会是一样的结果 |
[1:54:44] | But I was back, | 但是,我回去了 |
[1:54:46] | doing what I do best. | 去做我最拿手的事 |
[1:55:10] | You know who’s going to inherit the Earth? | 你知道是谁会继承地球? |
[1:55:13] | Arms dealers. | 军火商 |
[1:55:15] | Because everyone else is too busy killing each other. | 因为其他人都在忙于相互残杀 |
[1:55:18] | That’s the secret to survival. | 生存的秘诀在于 |
[1:55:20] | Never go to war. | 永远不要加入战争 |
[1:55:25] | Especially with yourself. | 特别与你自己 |
[1:55:43] | 当私人枪支走私继续茁壮成长时 世界上最大的军火供应商仍然是 美国 英国 俄罗斯 法国 中国 |