时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | “Tonight, I propose the first-ever… | “今晚 我要首次提议 |
[00:10] | …national effort to reduce class size in the early grades.” | 在全国范围内减少低年级班级人数 |
[00:15] | Thank you.” | 谢谢大家” |
[00:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:21] | We all set? | 准备好了吗 |
[00:22] | Would you like to go over the list of women one more time? | 这些女人的清单你要再看一遍吗 |
[00:26] | You’re a great lawyer, Bob. | 你是个出色的律师 鲍勃 |
[00:30] | Don’t worry. | 不用担心 |
[00:32] | – I’m ready. – Okay. | -我们出发 -好 |
[01:13] | Now, remember what we talked about. | 你要记住我说过的话 |
[01:15] | I can’t go in there with you, but I will be right outside. | 我不能陪你进去了 但我就在外面 |
[01:20] | Paula? | 葆拉 |
[01:22] | They’re ready for us. | 他们在等着呢 |
[01:25] | To think that a little woman like you | 想象一下你这么个小女人 |
[01:28] | can sit across from the president of the United States… | 也可以坐在美国总统的对面 |
[01:33] | …look him in the eye and get justice. | 看着他的双眼 要回你的公道 |
[02:22] | Your Honor, | 法官大人 |
[02:24] | thanks for coming all the way from Arkansas. | 感谢你从阿肯色专程赶来 |
[02:27] | -Did you have a good flight? -I did. Thank you, Mr. President. | -飞行不累吧 -不累 谢谢 总统先生 |
[02:30] | I appreciate you all making yourselves available on the weekend. | 非常感谢你们 周末都能过来 |
[02:48] | William Jefferson Clinton, | 威廉·克林顿 |
[02:49] | do you solemnly swear that you will tell the truth, | 你能否向上帝发誓… |
[02:52] | …the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God? | …你所讲的一切均为事实 |
[02:54] | I do. | 我发誓 |
[02:56] | – Mr. Fisher, floor is yours. – Thank you, Your Honor. | -费希尔先生 开始吧 -谢谢 法官大人 |
[03:00] | -Good morning, Mr. President. -Good morning. | -早上好 总统先生 -早上好 |
[03:03] | My name is Jim Fisher, sir, and I’m an attorney from Dallas, Texas, | 我是得州达拉斯的律师吉姆·费希尔 |
[03:05] | and I represent the plaintiff, Paula Jones, in this case. | 在本案中我代表原告葆拉·琼斯 |
[03:08] | Do you understand that your testimony today is subject to… | 今天的虚假证词会被视为伪证 |
[03:11] | – …the penalty of perjury? – I do. | -你知道吗 -我知道 |
[03:13] | Good. Then I would like to start by defining a term. | 好 首先我要确定一下某个词语的定义 |
[03:17] | And that term is “Sexual relations.” | 这个词语就是“性关系” |
[03:25] | The definition was taken from the Violence Against Women Act. | 其定义摘自《反暴力侵害妇女法》 |
[03:28] | The president might remember… | 你可能没忘… |
[03:29] | …that he signed it into law this past year. | …这是你去年签署的法律 |
[03:31] | I thought it looked familiar. | 难怪那么眼熟 |
[03:32] | So you understand the definition, Mr. President? | 所以你很清楚这个定义 |
[03:35] | Yes, I do. | 是的 |
[03:38] | Now, you are aware, are you not, of the allegations… | 在本案中 葆拉·琼斯对你的指控 |
[03:41] | …made against you by Paula Jones in this lawsuit? | 你是否都已清楚 |
[03:43] | Yes, sir. I’m aware. | 是的 先生 我清楚 |
[03:46] | Mr. President, | 总统先生 |
[03:47] | did you ever make any sexual advances towards Paula Jones? | 你是否向琼斯提出过性要求 |
[03:49] | No, I did not. | 我没有 |
[03:51] | – Did you ever expose yourself to Paula Jones? – No, I did not. | -你是否在琼斯面前暴露过自己 -没有 |
[03:55] | -Did you ever ask Paula Jones to kiss your penis? -No, I did not. | -你有没有要求琼斯吻你的阴茎 -没有 |
[03:59] | So you deny her testimony that, in the Excelsior Hotel, | 她说你在担任阿肯色州长时 |
[04:01] | while you were governor of Arkansas, you asked her | 曾在怡东酒店要求她为你口交 |
[04:03] | to perform oral sex on you. | 你对此是否予以否认 |
[04:05] | I emphatically deny it. It did not happen. | 我完全否认 绝无此事 |
[04:10] | Mr. President, you realize… | 总统先生 |
[04:11] | …seated to my right, two chairs down, is Mrs. Paula Jones. | 我右边第二张椅子上坐着的就是琼斯夫人 |
[04:15] | – Do you remember meeting Miss Jones? – No. | -你是否记得你们曾见过面 -没见过 |
[04:19] | Have you ever met Paula Jones? | 你从未见过琼斯吗 |
[04:20] | I’ve said this many times. | 我说过很多遍了 |
[04:23] | I have never met Paula Jones. | 我从未见过葆拉·琼斯 |
[04:26] | I’m sorry. Excuse me. | 对不起 请原谅 |
[04:37] | That chickenshit! He lied! He’s lyin’! | 他信口雌黄 他一直在撒谎 |
[04:41] | Okay. | 别急 |
[04:44] | Okay. | 别急 |
[04:52] | – Are you familiar with a woman named Kathleen Willey? -I am. | -你认识凯瑟琳·威利吗 -认识 |
[04:56] | So you’re aware that Mrs. Willey has testified that… | 你是否知道 威利夫人作证说 |
[04:58] | …you sexually harassed her while she was working… | 她在白宫做志愿者时 |
[05:00] | …as a volunteer in the White House? | 你曾性骚扰过她 |
[05:01] | I’m aware of that. | 这我知道 |
[05:02] | Did you place Mrs. Willey’s hand | 在办公室过道里 |
[05:04] | on your penis and kiss her on the lips | 你让威利摸你的下体 |
[05:06] | in the private hallway off the Oval Office? | 并吻她的嘴 对吗 |
[05:07] | Mr. Fisher, | 费希尔先生 |
[05:08] | in my lifetime, I have never sexually harassed a woman. | 我一生中从未性骚扰过任何一位妇女 |
[05:15] | Mr. President, do you know a woman named Monica Lewinsky? | 总统先生 你是否认识莫妮卡·莱温斯基 |
[05:20] | I do. | 认识 |
[05:21] | How did you come to know her? | 怎么认识她的 |
[05:22] | She worked at the White House for a while, | 她曾在白宫工作过 |
[05:25] | first as an intern and then in the Legislative Affairs Office. | 起先是个实习生 后来在立法事务部工作 |
[05:30] | At any time, | 在椭圆形办公室里 |
[05:31] | were you and Monica Lewinsky together alone in the Oval Office? | 你和莱温斯基有没有单独在一起过 |
[05:35] | Your Honor. Excuse me, Mr. President. | 法官大人 对不起 总统 |
[05:37] | I’m gonna object to the innuendo. | 我反对这样的影射 |
[05:39] | Counsel is fully aware that Ms. Lewinsky has an affidavit, | 对方很清楚 莱温斯基小姐已有书面证词 |
[05:43] | which they are in possession of, | 上面说 |
[05:44] | …saying that there is absolutely no sex of any kind… | 她和总统之间不存在任何形式的性关系 |
[05:48] | …in any manner, shape or form with the president. | 这份证词对方手里也有 |
[05:51] | Overruled. The witness must answer the question. | 反对无效 证人必须回答该问题 |
[05:54] | Mr. President, were you | 总统先生 |
[05:55] | and Monica Lewinsky ever alone together in the Oval Office? | 你和莱温斯基在总统办公室里单独待过 |
[05:59] | I don’t recall. | 这我记不清了 |
[06:00] | But, when she worked in the Legislative Affairs Office, | 但她在立法事务部工作时 |
[06:05] | they always had somebody there on the weekends. | 他们周末经常会派人来我这里 |
[06:08] | Uh, typically, I-I worked some on the weekends. | 因为有些周末我是要工作的 |
[06:11] | Sometimes they-they’d bring me things on the weekends. | 他们有时在周末会派人送文件过来 |
[06:14] | It seems to me that she-she brought things to me | 她好像来给我送过文件 |
[06:16] | once or twice on the weekends. | 周末会过来一两趟 |
[06:19] | And in that case, you know, whatever time she would be in there, | 在那种情况下 她就会来到我的办公室 |
[06:22] | drop it off, exchange a few words and go. | 放下文件 寒暄几句就走了 |
[06:25] | Have you ever given any gifts to Monica Lewinsky? | 你给莱温斯基送过礼物吗 |
[06:28] | I don’t recall. You know what they were? | 我记不得了 什么礼物 |
[06:30] | A hatpin. | 一枚帽针 |
[06:33] | I don’t… I don’t remember. | 我 不记得了 |
[06:35] | A book by Walt Whitman. | 一本沃尔特·惠特曼的书 |
[06:38] | You know, that… | 要知道… |
[06:40] | I give people a lot of gifts. | 我经常送礼物给别人 |
[06:43] | You know? And, uh… And-and, you know, when people are around, | 在白宫时 我经常会送礼物 |
[06:46] | I-I give a lot of things I have at the White House away. | 送给那些来来往往的人 |
[06:49] | So, you know, I could have given her a gift. | 因此 也有可能我是送过她东西 |
[06:52] | I just don’t remember a specific gift. | 但我记不清是什么了 |
[06:54] | Has Monica Lewinsky ever given you any gifts? | 莱温斯基送你礼物了吗 |
[06:56] | Once or twice. Uh… I think she’s given me a-a book or two. | 好像送过我一两次 应该是一两本书吧 |
[07:01] | Has she ever given you a tie? | 她送过你领带吗 |
[07:03] | I get given a lot of ties. | 送我领带的人很多 |
[07:08] | I believe she has given me a tie, yes. | 我记得她是送过我一根领带 |
[07:12] | Mr. President, it’s my understanding that Monica Lewinsky | 总统先生 我的理解是: |
[07:13] | has made statements to people, and I’d like for you to… | 莱温斯基已经作出声明 我想让你… |
[07:16] | Objection to the form of the question. Counsel shouldn’t testify. | 我反对 律师不应该用作证的口吻来提问 |
[07:21] | I will sustain the objection. | 反对有效 |
[07:26] | Did you have an extramarital sexual affair with Monica Lewinsky? | 你和莱温斯基是否有婚外性关系 |
[07:29] | No. | 没有 |
[07:30] | If she told someone that she had | 如果她告诉别人 |
[07:32] | a sexual affair with you beginning in… | 从1995年11月开始 |
[07:34] | November of 1995, would that be a lie? | 她和你就有了性关系 这是真话吗 |
[07:37] | It’s certainly not the truth. It would not be the truth. | 当然不是真话 这不可能是真话 |
[07:41] | I have never had sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky. | 我和莱温斯基从未有过性关系 |
[07:44] | I’ve never had an affair with her. | 我俩没有婚外情 |
[07:47] | Just so the record is clear, | 你要听清楚 |
[07:50] | at any time, have you and Monica Lewinsky been alone | 在白宫的任何房间里以及任何时候 |
[07:53] | together in any room of the White House? | 你和莱温斯基是否单独相处过 |
[07:56] | Mr. Fisher, let me… Is-is there something… | 费希尔先生 是不是有什么… |
[08:00] | You asked that with such conviction. | 这事你问得那么肯定 |
[08:02] | I answered with such conviction. | 我答得也很肯定 |
[08:04] | Is there something you want to ask me about this? | 你还有什么可问的 |
[08:07] | ‘Cause I don’t… I don’t even know… | 我有点不太明白… |
[08:08] | …what you’re talking about, I don’t think. | …你在说什么 |
[08:12] | Sir, I think this will come to light shortly, | 先生 这事很快会曝光 |
[08:15] | and you’ll understand. | 你会明白的 |
[08:22] | You were great, Mr. President. | 你很棒 总统先生 |
[08:24] | After today, I bet Judge Wright throws the whole thing out. | 我敢打赌 此案很快就会不予受理 |
[09:26] | So, how are you ladies holding up? | 两位女士还好吗? |
[09:28] | Monica was certain that the FBI… | 莫妮卡很肯定 |
[09:30] | …was going to break downthe door at any second and arrest her. | 联邦调查局随时都会破门来抓她 |
[09:33] | Listen, dear, that’s not gonna happen. | 亲爱的 不会这样的 |
[09:35] | What would happen is they might call me… | 有可能会这样 他们打电话给我 |
[09:38] | …and I could arrange it so that you could turn yourself in. | 我和他们谈好 然后你去自首 |
[09:40] | Would I really go to prison for 28 years? | 他们真的会判我28年吗 |
[09:43] | Listen, I’ve never heard of anybody facing charges | 在性骚扰案里作伪证 |
[09:45] | on a false affidavit in a sexual harassment suit. | 我从未听说过有人为此被起诉 |
[09:48] | – See? – But they are federal prosecutors. | -是吧 -但他们是联邦检察官 |
[09:50] | I mean, they can jail anybody for anything. | 他们能找借口关押任何人 |
[09:52] | And Ken Starr is a madman. | 肯·斯塔尔是个疯子 |
[09:54] | He’s been holding a Whitewater witness in solitary since ’96 | 白水事件里有个证人已被关了一年多 |
[09:57] | all because she won’t tell him exactly what he wants to hear. | 就因为她不肯说出他想听的事 |
[10:00] | Susan McDougal. But she’s a criminal, right? | 苏珊·麦克杜格尔 但她是罪犯 |
[10:02] | No, she’s just a woman. You know, a friend of the Clintons. | 不 她只是个女人 |
[10:04] | Well, a friend of one of the Clintons in particular, | 她和克林顿家的某一位是朋友 |
[10:06] | if you understand what I’m saying. | 你们都知道我指谁 |
[10:08] | I can’t go to prison. I can’t. | 我不想去坐牢 |
[10:10] | Listen to me. You’re not gonna go to prison, okay? | 你不会去坐牢的 |
[10:12] | We have a meetings cheduled tomorrow with Starr and his goons. | 明天我们要去和斯塔尔及其爪牙谈判 |
[10:15] | I’m gonna get you your immunity in writing, and then that’s it. | 我会替你拿到豁免保证书的 |
[10:18] | You’re completely free and clear, okay? | 这样你就彻底没事了 懂吗 |
[10:22] | Okay. | 我懂了 |
[10:23] | Before we go and sign, I would really love to call Betty Currie. | 在那之前 我很想给贝蒂打个电话 |
[10:27] | Her and the president deserve to know… | 应该告诉他们… |
[10:29] | Absolutely not. You cannot do that. Starr would pull the deal. | 这不行 那样的话就谈不成了 |
[10:31] | I thought maybe I could use the pay phone in the lobby | 用大厅里的收费电话 |
[10:33] | -so they wouldn’t know it was me. -Listen to me, | -他们查不到… -听着 |
[10:34] | you’re not calling anybody. No friends, no family, no one. | 不能给任何人打电话 包括朋友和家人 |
[10:37] | Why can’t I call my friends and family… | 为什么… |
[10:39] | Anybody that you talk to is gonna get a subpoena. | 接你电话的人都会收到传票 |
[10:42] | You’ve got to cut them off for their own good. | 你要为他们考虑 |
[10:44] | Monica will do what they want. | 莫妮卡会照他们说的去做的 |
[10:46] | Anything you say. | 她会听你的 |
[10:48] | Listen, I’m going to fix this. You understand? This is what I do. | 这事我会搞定的 懂吗 这是我的职责 |
[10:52] | I thought you did medical malpractice. | 但你是打医疗官司的 |
[10:54] | It’s more or less the same thing. | 它们都差不多 |
[10:55] | We’re gonna get a good deal. They need you. | 我们的协议会很不错 他们需要你 |
[10:58] | And this is the sweet spot, now, | 这是个很有利的优势 |
[11:00] | before the press gets ahold of the story. | 但要抢在媒体曝光之前 |
[11:02] | – Press? – Yeah, the press. | -媒体 -对 |
[11:05] | When is that gonna happen? | 什么时候会曝光 |
[11:08] | Isikoff, this is gonna make the planet explode. | 伊西科夫 这篇报道会震惊世界的 |
[11:12] | How did you get this scoop? | 你是怎么搞到手的 |
[11:14] | Hey. Ann wants to see you in her office. | 喂 安叫你去她办公室 |
[11:21] | Pete’s proofing that latest draft, | 皮特在印新校样 |
[11:22] | so we’ll all be set to go to print tomorrow. | 我们明天就能印刷了 |
[11:25] | We’re holding on the Lewinsky story, Mike. | 莱温斯基的报道先别发 |
[11:28] | I’m sorry? I must have misheard you or I’m having a stroke? | 你说什么 是我听错了还是我中风了 |
[11:37] | We can’t print it now. New York thinks it’s too risky. | 现在不能发 纽约总部认为风险太大 |
[11:40] | What if Lewinsky’s not telling the truth? | 就怕莫妮卡在说谎 |
[11:42] | We know she’s telling the truth. | 我们都知道她没撒谎 |
[11:44] | -Yeah, that’s not good enough. -Of course it is. | -但还不够 -已经够了 |
[11:45] | You’re asking the most respected newsmagazine in America | 我们是全美国最有信誉的新闻杂志社 |
[11:48] | to say the president is having an affair | 你想报道总统有婚外情 |
[11:50] | and then lied about it under oath. | 而且在宣誓后作伪证 |
[11:52] | And your only real source is one girl’s voice on a tape, | 但你的消息来源仅仅是那些录音带 |
[11:56] | a girl we haven’t even actually spoken to. | 我们都没和那位姑娘谈过 |
[11:58] | We need more sourcing. | 消息来源需补充 |
[12:00] | And then we’ll go for it in our next issue. | 然后下一期再发表 |
[12:03] | This story is gonna break in 24 hours. | 这件事24小时后就会曝光 |
[12:06] | Call New York and tell them we can’t fucking wait. | 打电话告诉纽约 我们不能等了 |
[12:09] | If you could, for just once in your life, | 我希望你能克制一下 |
[12:11] | -refrain from acting like your… -We have our own Watergate. | -别像个… -这事可不亚于水门事件 |
[12:15] | We can break it, tomorrow. | 明天完全能发表 |
[12:18] | Sometimes it’s just not worth being first. | 有时候抢头条不一定是好事 |
[12:41] | I thought we cut those out for good, Mr. President. | 我以为这些都已去掉了 总统先生 |
[12:47] | Do you have a moment to talk? | 和你谈一下好吗 |
[12:56] | Please, sit down. | 请坐 |
[12:59] | How’s your mother’s health holding up? | 你母亲的身体怎么样了 |
[13:03] | Oh, she’s fine. | 她还好 |
[13:04] | It’s been a rough year, uh, but we’re optimistic. | 今年虽然不太顺 但我们都很乐观 |
[13:08] | Good. Your mom need anything, you tell me, all right? | 那就好 你妈需要什么就告诉我 好吗 |
[13:12] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 先生 |
[13:15] | Listen, Betty, um… | 听着 贝蒂 |
[13:18] | something came up during my deposition | 我在作证时出现的一些情况 |
[13:20] | that I wanted to talk to you about. | 我想和你聊一聊 |
[13:23] | The lawyers were asking some strange questions. | 对方律师问了一些很奇怪的问题 |
[13:28] | Questions about Monica. | 都和莫妮卡有关 |
[13:31] | I was hoping that you could, uh… | 有几件事… |
[13:34] | refresh my memory on a few things. | …我想让你帮我回忆一下 |
[13:37] | I can try, certainly. | 好的 没问题 |
[13:40] | As far as you recall… | 你想一下… |
[13:44] | you were always with me and Monica when she came to visit, right? | 莫妮卡每次来见我时 你都在场 对吧 |
[13:50] | That’s right. | 对 |
[13:50] | So Monica and I were never alone together. | 所以我和莫妮卡并没单独在一起过 |
[13:55] | -No, sir. -But she was… | -对 先生 -但她… |
[13:58] | interested in me. | 她对我有意思 |
[14:01] | How do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[14:02] | Well, this is awkward. Um, I apologize. | 这事很难启齿 请原谅我 |
[14:07] | I mean sexually. | 她对我有性欲 |
[14:09] | You know, Monica came on to me and, uh… | 莫妮卡曾向我示意 |
[14:13] | …she wanted to sleep with me. Right? | 她想和我睡觉 懂吗 |
[14:17] | Yes, sir. | 懂 先生 |
[14:19] | But nothing happened. | 但什么也没发生 |
[14:22] | Because that would be wrong. | 因为我不能那样做 |
[14:25] | -That would be wrong. -Good. | -不能 -对 |
[14:28] | I’m glad we both have the same recollection. | 很高兴我们的回忆是一致的 |
[14:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:41] | -Betty? -Yes, Mr. President. | -贝蒂 -请说 总统先生 |
[14:43] | Would you mind checking in on Monica before you head out? | 你出发前能否问候一下莫妮卡 |
[14:47] | – I’d like to know how she’s doing. – I can do that for you. | -我想了解她怎么样了 -我会替你问的 |
[15:03] | Hello? | 哪位 |
[15:04] | Hi. Is Isikoff there? This is Matt Drudge. It’s urgent. | 伊西科夫在吗 我是德鲁奇 我有急事 |
[15:09] | I’ll see if he’s still awake. | 我看看他是否还醒着 |
[15:12] | It’s Drudge. | 是德鲁奇 |
[15:20] | He’s already gone to bed. | 他睡着了 |
[15:22] | Right. Well, if you could kindly relay, | 那么请你转告他: |
[15:23] | I’m looking for a comment | 《新闻周刊》不许他发表文章… |
[15:26] | on a piece I’m posting tomorrowo first thing. | …揭露总统与实习生的私情 |
[15:28] | It’s on Newsweek spiking his story | 这件事我明天一早要曝光 |
[15:31] | on the president’s affair with an intern. | 我想听听他的意见 |
[15:33] | – I’ll let him know. – Thank you much. | -我会转告的 -多谢了 |
[15:37] | It was the day the president hoped never would come. | 这一天是总统极不愿意看到的 |
[15:40] | To shield him from public embarrassment, | 克林顿先生为了避开公众 |
[15:42] | Mr. Clinton was driven the two blocks to his lawyer’s office | 坐车前往两个街区外的律师办公室 |
[15:45] | and then disappeared into an underground garage. | 并消失在地下车库里 |
[15:48] | Mr. Clinton’s accusser Paula Jones… | 原告葆拉·琼斯则… |
[15:52] | …wading through the mob posing for pictures. | …穿过那些摆出各种姿势的民众 |
[15:55] | It’s Betty again. | 又是贝蒂 |
[15:57] | The face-to-face meeting took place in an… | 双方的见面将在… |
[16:06] | What does she want? | 她想干啥 |
[16:07] | She clearly wants me to call her. I mean, it says “Emergency.” | 显然是要我打电话 她说是“急事” |
[16:10] | Bill must know. | 比尔肯定知道了 |
[16:12] | Give it to me. | 把它给我 |
[16:13] | No, she’s just gonna keep paging me. | 不 她会一直呼我的 |
[16:16] | Monica. | 莫妮卡 |
[16:30] | You can’t let them know you’re scared. This is a negotiation. | 你不能显得很害怕 这是谈判 |
[16:37] | You must be Bill Ginsburg. | 比尔·金斯伯格吧 |
[16:38] | Yeah. Where can I put my client so we can talk shop? | 对 我去谈判 麻烦你带她去休息 |
[16:41] | I’ll take care of her. | 交给我吧 |
[16:51] | Go ahead, sweetheart. | 去吧 亲爱的 |
[17:04] | How long have you lived in D.C.? | 你在华府有多久了 |
[17:08] | Two years. | 两年了 |
[17:09] | Do you like it here? | 喜欢这里吗 |
[17:12] | No. | 不喜欢 |
[17:13] | You are out of your fucking minds! You asshole Nazis! | 你他妈的是疯了 你这个混账纳粹分子 |
[17:21] | Negotiations can get pretty heated sometimes. | 谈判有时会很激烈 |
[17:26] | You know, I went to your friend Linda Tripp’s house. | 我曾去过你朋友琳达·特里普的家 |
[17:30] | She makes really good cookies. | 她做的饼干很好吃 |
[17:33] | We’re leaving. Now. | 我们走吧 |
[17:39] | Did you get the deal? | 谈成了吗 |
[17:40] | They’re lunatics here. They’re the fucking Gestapo. | 全是帮疯子 一帮盖世太保 |
[17:42] | – Okay, but did I get immunity? – Not even close. | -我被豁免了吗 -那还早 |
[17:46] | In the first place, they threatened to investigate | 他们先是威胁说 |
[17:47] | -your entire family. -What? | -要调查你全家 -什么 |
[17:49] | And then they upped their price. | 然后又抬高了价码 |
[17:51] | They want to know every single thing that you know | 他们要先知道你所了解的一切 |
[17:54] | before they’re willing to even consider putting anything on paper. | 然后再考虑是否写书面保证 |
[17:56] | Would I have to make calls? | 那要我打电话吗 |
[17:58] | There are no calls. | 不用打电话了 |
[18:00] | There’s no nothing. | 不用打了 |
[18:03] | This just came on live. It’s called the Drudge Report. | 有个“德鲁奇报道”刚刚曝光了此事 |
[18:06] | If you attempt to call Clinton now, | 克林顿会怀疑… |
[18:07] | he’s gonna suspect that you’re wired. | …你的电话已被窃听 |
[18:10] | You’re radioactive. | 他们会回避你 |
[18:13] | Come on. | 快点 |
[18:15] | 重磅报道: 23岁前白宫实习生和总统的性关系 | |
[18:37] | -Hi. -Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[18:41] | – Uh, seriously? – Where’s your brother? | -你干啥 -你弟弟呢 |
[18:43] | How should I know? | 我怎么知道 |
[18:45] | Ryan? I need to speak with you. | 瑞安 我有话要和你们说 |
[18:53] | Ryan. | 瑞安 |
[18:54] | Please, sit down. | 请坐下 |
[18:59] | We’re at the precipice of a change. | 我们的生活即将发生变化 |
[19:02] | Very soon, the country is going to discover | 全美国很快就会知道… |
[19:05] | something about a friend of mine. | …我某个朋友的事 |
[19:07] | -Monica? -Yes. | -莫妮卡 -对 |
[19:08] | – What did she do? – It’s not important. | -什么事 -这并不重要 |
[19:11] | What matters is that you prepare yourselves. | 重要的是你们要做好准备 |
[19:14] | A lot of people are going to be saying a lot of things about me. | 会有很多人对我说三道四 |
[19:16] | Some may be nasty. | 有些话可能会很难听 |
[19:20] | But others are going to cheer me on. | 但有些人会为我欢呼 |
[19:25] | They may call me a hero. | 可能会视我为英雄 |
[19:29] | Do you know who John Dean is? | 你们知道约翰·迪安吗 |
[19:34] | he was, uh, President Nixon’s chief White House counsel. | 他是尼克松总统的首席白宫法律顾问 |
[19:38] | He was accused of turning on the president | 大家都说他背叛了总统 |
[19:42] | because he dared to stand up | 因为只有他敢站出来 |
[19:44] | to the crimes he witnessed day in and day out. | 揭发那些他每天都要看到的罪行 |
[19:51] | He risked everything to defend this country, | 他为了保护这个国家甘冒一切风险 |
[19:53] | and there were people who pilloried him for it. | 有人却为此抨击他 |
[19:57] | But he did the right thing. | 但他做的事是对的 |
[20:01] | I want you to know… | 我要你们都知道 |
[20:04] | I did the right thing. | 我做的事也是对的 |
[20:37] | 《华盛顿邮报》 克林顿据说怂恿实习生撒谎 | |
[21:19] | Hillary. | 希拉里 |
[21:24] | Hillary, wake up. | 希拉里 醒醒 |
[21:26] | What? What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[21:28] | Starr’s new gambit. | 斯塔尔又出新花招了 |
[21:31] | He’s expanding his investigation into the Paula Jones fiasco. | 他把葆拉·琼斯的闹剧也划入了调查范围 |
[21:36] | – What? I don’t understand. – Oh, it’s nuts. | -什么 我没明白 -全是胡扯 |
[21:40] | This time, he’s saying I had an affair with an intern | 这一次 他说我和一位实习生有婚外情 |
[21:43] | and then I asked her to commit perjury. | 而且还叫她作伪证 |
[21:46] | Oh, and on top of that, I had Vernon set her up with a job. | 此外 我还让弗农给她安排工作 |
[21:50] | I mean, th-this girl was subpoenaed by the Jones lawyers | 是琼斯的律师要这位姑娘作证 |
[21:53] | and filed an affidavit saying nothing happened. | 而她的书面证词否定了这一切 |
[21:55] | Starr has obviously gotten to her and… | 很显然斯塔尔找到了她 |
[21:57] | convinced her to change her story. | 并让她改变了说法 |
[21:59] | Who is she? | 她是谁 |
[22:01] | Her name is Monica Lewinsky. | 她叫莫妮卡·莱温斯基 |
[22:04] | – Do you know her? – Yeah, I know Monica. | -你认识她 -我认识她 |
[22:07] | She worked in the West Wing, and now she works in the Pentagon. | 她曾在西厢工作过 现在在五角大楼 |
[22:14] | Is there something you need to tell me? | 还有什么事需要告诉我的 |
[22:17] | No. | 没有了 |
[22:20] | – Did something happen? – No. | -没事发生吗 -没发生 |
[22:25] | Because if anything happened, you know it’s better that I w… | 因为要是有事发生 你知道我就会… |
[22:28] | And I would tell you. You know I would. | 有事我就会告诉你 这你知道 |
[22:31] | But nothing happened. | 但什么事也没有 |
[22:35] | Look, I met her and a bunch of other interns during the shutdown. | 我是在政府停摆时遇到那帮实习生的 |
[22:40] | You know, she-she was a sweet kid. | 她是个可爱的孩子 |
[22:44] | You know, kind of goofy. | 傻乎乎的 |
[22:46] | You know, she-she came to see me once or twice for advice. | 为了向我讨教 曾来见过我一两次 |
[22:51] | Turns out she was kind of troubled. | 但没想到她有点麻烦 |
[22:54] | Nancy and Evelyn, they-they moved her… | 发现她有点不对劲后 |
[22:56] | …out of the West Wing as soon as they saw how she was behaving. | 南希和伊夫琳把她调出了西厢 |
[22:59] | I… I don’t think I was ever even alone with the girl. | 我都没和这位姑娘单独在一起过 |
[23:05] | You can ask Betty. She saw the whole thing. | 你可以去问贝蒂 她都看见的 |
[23:15] | Okay. | 好 |
[23:18] | -Did you tell the staff? -Not yet. | -你告诉手下了吗 -还没 |
[23:20] | I wanted to get your take on things first. | 我要先告诉你 |
[23:22] | Okay, well, you have to go down there right now. | 你快去告诉他们 |
[23:24] | This is going to explode. We-we have to act. | 这事会轰动天下 我们得有对策 |
[23:27] | You’re right. | 说得对 |
[23:29] | I’ll be down in a minute. | 我马上就下去 |
[23:37] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[23:39] | For what? | 抱歉什么 |
[23:42] | This whole mess. | 弄得一团糟 |
[23:44] | Go tell them. | 去告诉他们吧 |
[23:59] | Shocking allegations rocked the White House this morning. | 今天早上的消息让白宫极为震惊 |
[24:02] | CNN has confirmed that Kenneth Starr is… | 有线新闻网已确认 |
[24:04] | …investigating claims President Clinton had an affair… | 斯塔尔目前正在调查… |
[24:06] | …with a former White House intern, Monica Lewinsky. | …总统与白宫前实习生莱温斯基有染一事 |
[24:10] | That’s… me. | 那是我 |
[24:12] | That’s… that’s my face. | 那是我的脸 |
[24:15] | Where did they even find that? | 他们怎么弄到的 |
[24:16] | It’s my horrible Pentagon ID photo. Oh, my God. | 是国防部工作证上的照片 |
[24:18] | I can’t look. I can’t. | 天哪 我太难看了 |
[24:20] | They can’t just plaster your face… | 未经我们的允许 |
[24:22] | …all over the news without our permission. | 他们可不能播放你的照片 |
[24:24] | I can’t be in here anymore. | 我不能再看了 |
[24:27] | …about the relationship she says or at least… | …对于她和总统的关系 |
[24:29] | …alleged to have with the president. | 她撒了谎 |
[24:31] | -Hello? -Marcia, can you hear me? | -喂 -马西娅 听得见吗 |
[24:33] | -Yes. -Listen, you need to stay inside, okay? | -听得见 -你们要待在家里 |
[24:36] | Monica’s got to stay inside the apartment. | 让莫妮卡不要出来 |
[24:38] | What? What are you saying? | 你在说什么 |
[24:39] | They’re hyenas. They got the whole place surrounded. | 这群鬣狗把你家给围住了 |
[24:41] | You need to shut the windows and close all the shutters | 你要关上所有的窗 拉上窗帘 |
[24:43] | and make sure you lock the doors. | 门要锁好 |
[24:45] | -Whatever you do, don’t go outside. -Oh, my God. | -千万别出来 -我的天 |
[24:47] | Now, the Washington Post reports that | 据《华盛顿邮报》报道 |
[24:48] | there are tape recordings of the intern, 24-year-old | 24岁的前实习生莱温斯基和特里普的谈话 |
[24:52] | Monica Lewinsky — talking to Linda Tripp. | 还被录在了磁带里 |
[25:02] | No, you can’t go out there. It’s crazy. | 你千万别出去 |
[25:03] | -I have a meeting with my new attorney. -Mom. | -我要去见新律师 -妈 |
[25:05] | Allison, we’re in crisis. I have to go. | 艾莉森 危机四伏 我必须得去 |
[25:08] | I’ll be back. | 去去就回 |
[25:12] | Linda! Linda! | 琳达 琳达… |
[25:18] | Do you see yourself as a patriot? | 你觉得自己是个爱国者吗? |
[25:20] | Have you talked to the House investigators yet? | 调查人员找你谈了吗 |
[25:22] | Did you talk to the House investigators? – | 你和他们谈过了吗 |
[25:23] | – Look this way! Hey! – Tell us where you were at that night! | -来这边 -那天晚上你在哪里 |
[25:25] | Mrs. Tripp, what did Ms. Lewinsky say | 莱温斯基和你通话时 |
[25:27] | in her conversations with you? | 都说了些什么 |
[25:29] | I have no comment. I’m sorry. | 无可奉告 抱歉 |
[25:30] | Did Monica Lewinsky know you were taping her? | 莱温斯基知道你在录音吗 |
[25:32] | I’m a witness in a federal investigation. I have no comment. | 我是证人 我不能说 |
[25:34] | What are you a witness to? | 你要作什么证 |
[25:37] | Do you think that you betrayed her? | 你是否觉得你背叛了她 |
[25:41] | Linda! | 琳达 |
[25:45] | 水门南区 对莫妮卡·莱温斯基的监视 | |
[25:52] | I’ve never seen anything like this. | 我从未见过这种事 |
[25:54] | And they’re just looping this shit. | 一直在播放这个 |
[25:56] | They won’t even cut to a commercial. | 他们连广告都不播了 |
[25:58] | -How bad is it in the press room? -Oh, it’s a fucking nightmare. | -新闻发布室里怎么样 -简直焦头烂额 |
[26:01] | Sam Donaldson’s on my ass. | 山姆盯着我不放 |
[26:03] | Baker from the Post, Bennet from the Times. | 还有邮报和时代周刊的记者 |
[26:05] | You know, it-it’s my job to respond to their questions, | 我的职责就是答记者问 |
[26:08] | and I have no idea what I’m supposed to say. | 但我不知道该说什么 |
[26:10] | Where is he? | 他人呢 |
[26:12] | With Hillary. | 和夫人在一起 |
[26:18] | You know, w-we look paralyzed. We have to respond now | 我们就像瘫痪了一样 必须马上做出回应 |
[26:21] | or the only reasonable conclusion people will come to | 否则人们就会得出结论: |
[26:24] | is that it’s all true. | 这是真的 |
[26:26] | Do you honestly think he decided to risk his presidency | 把一个年轻姑娘和露华浓公司扯进来 |
[26:29] | on a complex perjury scheme | 策划出那么复杂的伪证计划 |
[26:31] | involving a 24-year-old and the Revlon Corporation? | 你觉得他会去冒这样的风险吗 |
[26:34] | Look, hey. You’re close to him. He trusts you. | 喂 你和他很亲近 他很信任你 |
[26:37] | -You have to ask him. -Ask him what? | -你得问问他 -问什么 |
[26:39] | Did he fuck this intern? | 有没有操那个实习生 |
[26:42] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[26:44] | I was looking for you two. | 我正要找你们俩 |
[26:48] | Mr. President, you have back-to-back meetings scheduled today. | 总统先生 你今天的采访会接连不断 |
[26:51] | Jim Lehrer on PBS. Mara Liasson at NPR. Roll Call | 公共电视网的吉姆 公共电台的玛拉… |
[26:54] | I’m aware. | 我知道 |
[26:55] | Okay. Well, since we’re all still, searching | 鉴于目前我们还在讨论… |
[26:58] | for a good comprehensive response to this, | …如何对此事做出恰当的回应 |
[27:01] | maybe we should cancel those. | 我看还是都取消算了 |
[27:04] | Brilliant idea. | 好主意 |
[27:06] | Why don’t we issue a formal admission of guilt while we’re at it? | 这样的话 那还不如正式认罪算了 |
[27:09] | They’re gonna ask about the girl, sir. | 他们会问起那姑娘的 |
[27:12] | Let ’em ask whatever the hell they want. | 他们想问什么都可以 |
[27:15] | I have nothing to hide. | 我没什么好隐瞒的 |
[27:23] | ABC’s Jackie Judd. She broke the story overnight. | 美国广播公司的杰姬整晚都在播报此事 |
[27:27] | He’s gonna have to resign. | 他肯定要辞职了 |
[27:30] | It’s all my fault. | 都是我害的 |
[27:31] | Don’t look at it that way. | 别这么看问题 |
[27:33] | What way– accurately? | 那要怎么看 |
[27:35] | This is a terrible week in our lives, | 这是我们人生中最惨的一周 |
[27:38] | but all we have to do is get through it. | 但我们必须得熬过去 |
[27:40] | And, yes, maybe he will have to resign. | 你说得对 也许他是会被迫辞职 |
[27:45] | But, guess what, when he does, | 但是 只要他一辞职 |
[27:48] | all of this stops. | 一切就会终止 |
[27:49] | He goes away, all of it goes away. | 他一走 一切烟消云散 |
[27:52] | In a statement tonight, Revlon confirmed | 露华浓今晚发表声明 |
[27:54] | Lewinsky was referred by Vernon Jordan | 证实莱温斯基是由弗农推荐的 |
[27:57] | and offered a job this month, | 并在本月录取了她 |
[27:58] | an offer Revlon rescinded today. | 今天露华浓已撤销了这一录取 |
[28:01] | Jordan did try to get Monica Lewinsky… | 乔丹确实想给莱温斯基… |
[28:04] | Oh, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[28:06] | Oh, my God. Oh, honey. | 上帝啊 亲爱的 |
[28:09] | Oh, no. | 别难过 |
[28:10] | As for the Starr investigation, | 因为是斯塔尔的调查 |
[28:12] | the matter has not yet been taken to a grand jury, | 此事还不会被提交给大陪审团 |
[28:14] | but investigators linked… | 但调查人员… |
[28:20] | -Hey, Mike. -Hey, guys. | -你好 迈克 -诸位好 |
[28:22] | I’m gonna get to you guys in a bit, okay? | 我稍后会告诉你们的 |
[28:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:26] | -Mike, what’s going on here? Did he know this girl? -Guys, | -迈克 他认识那个姑娘吗 -伙计们 |
[28:28] | I’ll do a briefing tonight. Okay? | 今晚我会告诉你们 |
[28:30] | Al Gore could be president by tonight.We need answers now. | 今晚总统可能会换人 你现在就说 |
[28:33] | Helen, Helen. He’s about to sit down with PBS. | 海伦 他马上要接受公共电视网的采访 |
[28:36] | We’re putting up a live feed. | 这里有直播 |
[28:38] | And, uh, you can hear straight from him. | 你们直接听他说吧 |
[28:49] | We’re rolling in three, two… | 准备 三 二… |
[28:53] | Mr. President, welcome. | 总统先生 欢迎你 |
[28:55] | Thank you, Jim. | 谢谢你 吉姆 |
[28:56] | The news of this day is that… | 今天的新闻是: |
[28:58] | …Kenneth Starr,the independent counsel, is investigating… | 据说你收买了一位24岁的姑娘 让她作伪证 |
[29:02] | allegations that you suborned perjury | 而且你和她有婚外情 |
[29:05] | by encouraging a 24-year-old woman | 对于此事 |
[29:06] | who you were having an affair with to lie under oath. | 独立检察官斯塔尔目前正在调查 |
[29:11] | – Mr. President, is that true? – That is not true. | -总统先生 这是真的吗 -不是真的 |
[29:15] | That is not true. | 不是真的 |
[29:17] | I did not ask anyone to tell anything other than the truth. | 我没有让任何人去说谎 |
[29:22] | There is no improper relationship, | 也不存在不正当关系 |
[29:24] | and I intend to cooperate with this inquiry. | 我也乐意配合调查 |
[29:27] | But that is not true. | 但那些都不是真的 |
[29:29] | No improper relationship. Define what you mean by that. | “不存在不正当关系” 这你能解释一下吗 |
[29:33] | Well, I-I think you know what it means. | 我觉得你明白我的意思 |
[29:35] | It means that there is not a… sexual relationship, | 我的意思是 这里不存在性关系 |
[29:39] | an improper sexual relationship. | 不存在不正当的性关系 |
[29:41] | or any other kind of improper relationship. | 或其他各种不正当关系 |
[29:44] | You had no sexual relationship with this young woman? | 你和这位姑娘没有性关系 |
[29:47] | There is not a sexual relationship. | 没有性关系 |
[29:49] | That is accurate. You know, that-that’s all I can say now. | 千真万确 我能说的就是这个 |
[29:52] | You see, what-what I’m trying to do is to contain my… | 我要做的就是尽力控制住… |
[29:57] | natural impulses and-and get back to work. | …自己的怒气 继续工作 |
[29:59] | You know, I think it’s important that we cooperate. | 我觉得相互合作很重要 |
[30:01] | I will cooperate. | 我会合作的 |
[30:03] | But I want to focus on the work at hand. | 但我得先做好手头上的工作 |
[30:06] | just for the record, so there’s no ambiguity about it… | 也就是说 你说的这一切是明确的 |
[30:09] | -Th-There is n… -All right. | -对 -好 |
[30:10] | You had no conversations with this young woman, Monica Lewinsky, | 对于莱温斯基这位姑娘有可能要去作证一事 |
[30:14] | about her testimony or possible testimony? | 你和她交谈过吗 |
[30:17] | I did not urge anyone. | 我没怂恿任何人 |
[30:19] | I did not urge anyone to say anything that was untrue. | 我没有怂恿任何人去撒谎 |
[30:24] | I did not urge anyone to say anything that was untrue. | 我没有怂恿任何人去撒谎 |
[30:28] | That’s my… statement to you. | 这是我对你做出的声明 |
[30:31] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[30:33] | What’s going on? | 怎么会这样 |
[30:35] | If it’s not true, that means somebody made this up. | 如果这一切不是真的 那就是有人在捏造 |
[30:39] | -Is that… -Look, | -那么… -瞧 |
[30:40] | you know as much about this as I do right now. | 和我一样 你也一头雾水 |
[30:42] | So, you know, we’ll just have to look into it | 所以 我们必须要查清楚 |
[30:45] | and cooperate and we’ll see. | 要相互配合 我们会搞清楚的 |
[30:48] | But, meanwhile, I’ve got to get on with the work of the country | 但同时 我也不能置国家大事于不顾 |
[30:51] | You know, I got hired | 国家雇我… |
[30:52] | I’ll talk to him. | 我去找他 |
[30:54] | -Mike… -Hey Mike… | -迈克… -喂 迈克… |
[30:57] | Okay, guys, thank you. I’ll be back tonight. | 好了 谢谢诸位 我等一下再来 |
[31:01] | Come on. | 你别走啊 |
[31:08] | Did you see that shit? | 你看到这闹剧了 |
[31:10] | The right wing gives them garbage and they run with it every time. | 连公共电视网都成天播放这些右翼垃圾 |
[31:13] | Even PBS. It’s unreal. | 好奇怪 |
[31:14] | You don’t deserve this, Mr. President. I hope you know that. | 你要知道 他们不应该这样对待你 |
[31:17] | Imagine the apocalypse in the press room. | 新闻发布室里 |
[31:18] | -They’re eating McCurry alive. -Yeah, well, | -迈克已招架不住 -知道 |
[31:20] | it’s his job to handle that. | 他的职责就是招架 |
[31:22] | I know, Mr.President, but we do need to offer a clear explanation. | 但我们的确需要给出一个清晰的解释 |
[31:25] | I’ve made my comment, Sid. | 我刚才已经说了 |
[31:26] | Yes, but it’s just what she said about you on the tapes, sir. | 我指的是她在磁带里说的那些话 |
[31:30] | Tapes? | 磁带 |
[31:32] | CBS News White House Correspondent Scott Pelley | 请哥广公司驻白宫记者斯考特… |
[31:35] | …has the latest. Scott? | 播报最新情况 |
[31:37] | Dan, these are the most serious… | 总统现在面临的这些指责 |
[31:39] | …allegations ever leveled at the president, | 是迄今为止最为严重的 |
[31:41] | essentially perjury and obstruction of justice. | 尤其是作伪证和妨碍司法公正 |
[31:44] | What’s gonna happen? | 这事会怎么样 |
[31:47] | He’s gonna have to resign. | 他会被迫辞职 |
[31:49] | Lewinsky swore in a deposition that… | 莱温斯基在书面宣誓证词里称 |
[31:51] | …she never had an affair with the president. | 她和总统之间没有私情 |
[31:53] | But that is not what she was telling coworker Linda Tripp. | 但她对同事琳达·特里普却不是这么说的 |
[31:57] | Tripp has been recording conversations… | 特里普在和莱温斯基通话时 |
[32:00] | …with Lewinsky over the phone. | 一直在进行录音 |
[32:01] | A source familiar with the tape tells CBS News | 一位知情人士告诉哥广新闻台 |
[32:04] | Lewinsky is often heard in tears, pleading with Tripp | 莱温斯基在磁带里经常哭着恳求特里普 |
[32:08] | to help her cover up the affair. | 帮她掩盖这一私情 |
[32:10] | Tripp says that if she is ever asked about whether Lewinsky… | 特里普说 如被问及莱温斯基是否有私情 |
[32:15] | …had an affair, she would have to tell the truth. | 她只能说出实情 |
[32:16] | Lewinsky begs her not to. | 莱温斯基求她不要这样 |
[32:29] | He’s waiting for you in his study. | 他在书房等你 |
[32:32] | I remember when they used to let me in the front door. | 以前他们是让我从前门进来的 |
[32:36] | Dick Morris? No, no, no, no, no. | 是迪克·莫里斯吗 不会吧 |
[32:55] | You poor son of a bitch. | 你这个混账小子 |
[32:58] | Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你赶来 |
[33:00] | Well, I’m an expert at sexual imbroglios. | 处理性丑闻是我的专长 |
[33:03] | You know I didn’t want to let you go. My staff forced my hand. | 当年我是不愿让你走的 是手下人逼的 |
[33:07] | Your political advisor got caught sucking a prostitute’s toes. | 有人发现我这个政治顾问在舔妓女的脚趾 |
[33:11] | I’d have told you to fire me myself. | 你理应开除我 |
[33:13] | I messed up with this girl. | 这个姑娘的事很麻烦 |
[33:15] | -I know. -No. | -我知道 -你不知道 |
[33:17] | No, I fucked this up beyond all recognition. | 这事已经闹得不可收拾了 |
[33:21] | I walk in a room, I don’t know what the next question’s gonna be. | 我现在不知道他们会问什么 |
[33:24] | I don’t know what Starr has. I don’t know what Monica’s saying. | 不知道斯塔尔了解多少 不知道莫妮卡说了啥 |
[33:28] | I can’t form any kind of response. | 我不知道怎么回应 |
[33:32] | What are people saying? | 民众怎么说 |
[33:34] | Honestly, | 他们说 |
[33:35] | they’re saying Al Gore better be reading up on Saddam Hussein, | 阿尔·戈尔该开始研究萨达姆了 |
[33:37] | because he’s going to be commander in chief by summer. | 因为到了夏天 他就是总统了 |
[33:40] | I can’t be fucking Richard Nixon. | 我不想成为第二个尼克松 |
[33:43] | You know, everything you work for gone, | 一切奋斗均化为泡影 |
[33:45] | shell of yourself for the rest of your life. | 灰溜溜地过完余生 |
[33:49] | You told me once if, at the start of Watergate, | 水门事件刚开始时 你曾对我说过 |
[33:52] | he would’ve manned up and admitted it, he would have survived. | 如果他能勇敢地坦承一切 也许会躲过此劫 |
[33:56] | So I-I’m thinking I-I just admit it, | 所以我在想 要是我也坦白 |
[33:59] | apologize, kill the story. | 真诚道歉 这事就过去了 |
[34:02] | But I can’t. | 但我做不到 |
[34:04] | Because it would destroy Hillary. I think she’d walk out on me. | 因为那样的话 希拉里会崩溃 她会离开我 |
[34:09] | I don’t know what to do. | 我进退两难 |
[34:11] | Well, let me help you with that. | 我会告诉你该怎么做 |
[34:20] | Small sample, but it’s an RDD poll. Good quality. | 这份电话随机抽样调查规模虽不大 但很准确 |
[34:31] | You think I don’t know why you called me | 你没有叫手下的自由派来 |
[34:33] | instead of one of your PC liberals on staff? | 却请了我 你以为我不知道理由吗 |
[34:37] | You want the truth? Well, there it is. | 你想知道实情 这就是 |
[34:39] | The American people know you’re a man. | 美国民众知道 你是个男人 |
[34:41] | Hell, most of them actually like that about you. | 大部分人还挺喜欢你这点 |
[34:43] | If it were just the sex, they’d forgive it. | 如果只是和性有关 他们会原谅你 |
[34:46] | But look at the unfavs on question 17. | 但你看一下第17个问题里的“否” |
[34:52] | It’s about what you said under oath. | 它和你的宣誓作证有关 |
[34:55] | Admitting to the affair is admitting to perjury. | 承认婚外情等于承认了作伪证 |
[34:58] | And if you admit to perjury, | 你要是承认了作伪证 |
[35:00] | you lose all public support, even among your base. | 就会失去民众的支持 连自己人也会倒戈 |
[35:03] | You’d have to resign. | 那你就得下台了 |
[35:06] | Take it from me– being disgraced isn’t as fun as it sounds. | 我的体会是 丢脸并不是一件很好玩的事 |
[35:14] | You can’t tell the truth. | 你不能说出实情 |
[35:22] | Well, then it’s simple. | 那就很简单了 |
[35:26] | We just have to win. | 我们必须得赢 |
[35:35] | Mr. President, we just need to be able to explain why she would | 总统先生 她为何对你会有如此详尽的描述 |
[35:39] | go into such graphic detai ltalking about you. | 这一点是我们需要做出解释的 |
[35:42] | Do you know this person at all? | 你认识这个人吗 |
[35:44] | Look, when Monica worked here, she was a nice girl. | 莫妮卡曾在这里工作过 她是个好姑娘 |
[35:49] | Hardworking. | 工作很努力 |
[35:50] | But you could tell she was troubled. | 但她好像有点问题 |
[35:53] | You know? She comes from a broken home. | 她从小父母离异 |
[35:56] | I would talk to her on occasion, give her advice. | 我有时会和她聊聊天 劝劝她 |
[36:00] | You know, I was just trying to help her out. | 我只是想帮助她而已 |
[36:03] | And I think she got the wrong idea. | 但她似乎是误解了 |
[36:06] | She came on to you? | 她对你有意思吗 |
[36:08] | Well, she started calling Betty at all hours. | 她不停地给贝蒂打电话 |
[36:11] | You know, turning up at events where she knew I’d be. | 我出席的活动她均会到场 |
[36:14] | She got fixated. | 她有点不能自拔了 |
[36:17] | You know, she told me her friends called her “The stalker.” | 她曾告诉我 朋友们都叫她“跟踪狂” |
[36:22] | And she said, you know, if she and I had sex, | 她说 要是我和她有了性关系 |
[36:24] | then they couldn’t call her that anymore. | 他们就不会这样叫她了 |
[36:27] | Jesus. | 上帝啊 |
[36:29] | Did you tell anyone? | 这事你告诉过别人吗 |
[36:31] | When the ladies in the office saw how she was behaving, | 办公室的两位女士看到她的行为后 |
[36:34] | they had her moved. And that was it. | 就把她调走了 就这些 |
[36:37] | You know, I can’t speak for whatever fantasy … | 她向朋友凭空吹嘘什么 |
[36:40] | she may have spun talking to her friend. | 我可没法回答 |
[36:43] | We’ll lead off the segment with her childhood– | 先看她的儿童时代 |
[36:45] | Beverly Hills, fat camp, her parents’ divorce papers. | 比弗利山庄 儿童训练营 父母离婚… |
[36:47] | Stop. Shut up. Look at this. | 别说了 先看这个 |
[36:50] | What is this supposed to be? | 这是什么 |
[36:54] | Roll ahead. | 向前 |
[36:56] | Okay, wait, wait. Go back. | 慢 倒退 |
[36:59] | There. | 停 |
[37:03] | Look who’s waiting like a little stalker. | 小“跟踪狂”正在那里等着 |
[37:06] | I knew I recognized her.That hat. | 我认出她来了 那帽子我有印象 |
[37:09] | I remember seeing this in ’96 and thinking | 96年我看的时候就在想 |
[37:12] | no one has ever been that happy to see Bill Clinton. | 没人看到克林顿会如此开心陶醉 |
[37:16] | – Waterbed. -Mm, no. | -水床 -不 |
[37:17] | Waterbed. -No, I want to do… I like the movie. | -水床 -不 我喜欢电影 |
[37:18] | All right! Pitch on the monologue. | 行了 说一下独白吧 |
[37:22] | Uh, saw a movie today that got great reviews. Everybody loved it. | 我看了一部颇受好评的电影 大家都很喜欢 |
[37:25] | Monica Lewinsky gave it two legs up. | 莫妮卡·莱温斯基竖起双腿 |
[37:28] | A lot coming out about the Clintons in these lawsuits. | 从克林顿诉讼案里传出了许多新词汇 |
[37:32] | Apparently, Bill’s pet name for Hillary is “My little butter cup”. | 很显然 希拉里称克林顿为“小黄油杯” |
[37:36] | His pet name for Monica? My little suction cup.” | 而莫妮卡则称他为“小吸盘” |
[37:40] | Okay, Ken Starr is very upset | 斯塔尔很沮丧 |
[37:42] | he’s not getting what he wants from Monica. | 因为他在莫妮卡身上啥也没得到 |
[37:44] | Apparently, he’s the first guy that’s ever happened to. | 很显然 他是第一个这样的男人 |
[37:49] | Bill Clinton can have sex with any woman alive and he chooses her. | 克林顿可以和任何女人胡搞 但却选中了她 |
[37:55] | I mean, that’s not a pitch. That’s just a question for the room. | 我觉得这和程度无关 而是和空间有关 |
[37:59] | Jay’s gonna flip for these. | 让杰来挑选吧 |
[38:01] | Happy Monica Day, everybody. | “莫妮卡节”快乐 各位 |
[38:03] | Today is Monica Day, of course, across the United States. | 今天是全美国的“莫妮卡节” |
[38:05] | – Is it a federal holiday, I think? – Probably. | -它属于联邦节日吗 -可能是吧 |
[38:08] | All zippers at half-mast or something? I don’t know what happens. | 那今天所有的拉链都要“下半旗”吗 |
[38:11] | Well, lilies. | 瞧 百合花 |
[38:15] | This time from Diane Sawyer, | 这次是黛安娜·索耶送的 |
[38:17] | who says that she would love to have you on 20/20. | 她说很想让你上《20/20》这档新闻节目 |
[38:20] | A girl from Beverly Hills crushed by her parents’ divorce. | 父母的离异对这位富家女的打击很大 |
[38:23] | She attended a camp for obese youth | 她参加过儿童减肥训练营 |
[38:26] | and was viewed by classmates as an attention seeker and a flirt | 在同学眼里 她喜欢出风头 也很多情 |
[38:29] | I’m 24 now. I met Monica when we were young | 我24岁 从小就和莫妮卡认识 |
[38:32] | Actually, she became one of my first girlfriends, but… | 其实她那时做过我的女朋友 但… |
[38:33] | 亚当·戴夫 莱温斯基的熟人 | |
[38:35] | In eighth grade. And then he was so mean to you in high school. | 那才八年级 他在中学里一直对你不好 |
[38:39] | She called and said that she shook he president’s hand | 她给我打电话说 她和总统握过手了 |
[38:42] | and it was like having sex in a handshake. | 她感觉那就像做爱一样 |
[38:45] | Uh, she’s attracted to older men. | 她喜欢老男人 |
[38:47] | Monica’s nice, but she does tend to exaggerate and… | 莫妮卡是个好人 但为了出风头… |
[38:49] | 史蒂文·英格毫斯 莱温斯基的熟人 | |
[38:50] | …embellish stories to get attention. | …她喜欢夸大其词 |
[38:52] | On Linda Tripp’s tapes Lewinsky reportedly says | 据报道莱温斯基在磁带里曾说 |
[38:55] | she grew up in a house of lies, | 她是在谎言中长大的 |
[38:57] | mother and father deceiving each other and their children. | 父母相互欺骗 还欺骗孩子 |
[39:00] | But did this troubled childhood make… | 但童年的挫折 |
[39:01] | …Monica Lewinsky into the kind of woman who would lie about… | 是否会让莱温斯基变成一个爱撒谎的… |
[39:05] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[39:07] | It’s okay, honey. | 没关系 宝贝 |
[39:09] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[39:10] | …of Lewinsky waiting for the president… | …站在欢迎队列里的莱温斯基 |
[39:13] | …in a White House receiving line. | 一直在等总统 |
[39:15] | Mr. Clinton’s loyalists are saying privately | 克林顿的支持者们私下说 |
[39:17] | that she repeatedly sought access to the president | 她一直在绞尽脑汁想见到总统 |
[39:20] | and may have even fantasized a sexual relationship. | 说不定还在幻想自己与总统会有性关系 |
[39:24] | Oh. No one will believe that. | 没人会相信这话 |
[39:28] | Everyone will believe that. | 人人都会相信这话 |
[39:31] | That’s me. There I am, waiting for him. | 那就是我 站在那里等着他 |
[39:36] | Like a crazy fucking stalker. | 就像个变态的跟踪狂 |
[39:46] | Well, we’re very… we’re very, um, happy that you’re here. | 对你的到来 我们都很高兴 |
[39:50] | It’s a little hard for me to… hold back here. | 老让我缩在这里有点难受 |
[39:53] | Uh, you’re a big fat snitch, aren’t ya? | 对 你是个肥胖的告密者嘛 |
[39:57] | I am not that big and I’m not that fat. | 我既不肥也不胖 |
[40:00] | I mean, people are always talking about, you know, my looks | 人们总是对我的外表评头论足 |
[40:04] | and I’m, you know, I thought I was here for a makeover. | 我以为这里可以做美容 |
[40:07] | Is there a reason why you secretly taped your friend? | 所以你才会偷偷地对朋友进行电话录音 |
[40:10] | – Yes. There was a very good reason. -What is it? | -对 理由很充分 -什么理由 |
[40:15] | Category tonight– uh, possible first lines | 在莱温斯基的新书里 |
[40:17] | for Monica Lewinsky’s, uh, new book. | 可能会成为“启发句”的排行榜如下 |
[40:21] | You all know the drill. We’ve been through this before. | 这种阅读训练我们都曾经历过 |
[40:24] | “Even as a baby, my parents noticed | “在我还是婴儿时 |
[40:26] | I had an unusual attachment to my pacifier.” | 父母就注意到我对奶嘴特别依恋” |
[40:28] | Number nine. | 第九位… |
[40:29] | That’s it. Enough. We’re not gonna watch this anymore. | 关了吧 够了 别再看这些东西了 |
[40:32] | What are you doing? That is my only source of information. | 干什么 这是我唯一的信息来源 |
[40:35] | No, it’s not. These are lies about my daughter, | 不 它们全是针对我女儿的谎言 |
[40:38] | -and I’m sick of hearing them. -They’re not lies. | -我听不下去了 -不是谎言 |
[40:41] | What are you talking about, Monica? | 你说什么 莫妮卡 |
[40:44] | What they’re saying is true. | 他们说的是事实 |
[40:46] | No, it is not. | 不是事实 |
[40:50] | Monica. | 莫妮卡 |
[40:51] | I did have an affair with Bill. And I did go to fat camp. | 我是和比尔有过私情 也去过减肥训练营 |
[40:54] | And my parents did break up. | 父母的确早已离婚 |
[40:56] | And I guess, one night, I told Linda… | 是我告诉琳达… |
[40:57] | …that you raised me in a house of lies, | …我在谎言中长大的 |
[40:59] | and now the whole world knows that, too. | 现在全世界都知道了 |
[41:02] | It doesn’t matter. | 没关系 |
[41:03] | So many kids have that exact same history. Come on. | 和你经历相似的孩子有那么多 没事 |
[41:06] | It’s all true. | 全是事实 |
[41:07] | Just like it’s true that everyone I’ve ever met is apparently | 此刻 认识我的人… |
[41:09] | just waiting for a phone call from Wolf fucking Blitzer | …都在等着布利策邀请他们上电视嘲弄我 |
[41:13] | to just go on live TV and tear me apart. | 这也是事实 |
[41:14] | -Honey, I know that you don’t… -Please, | -宝贝 你别… -打住 |
[41:15] | don’t tell me that it’s gonna be okay. | 不用再安慰我 |
[41:18] | I messed up so bad that I can’t turn off the TV. | 我的祸闯大了 没法关电视了 |
[41:20] | Because if I turn off the TV… | 因为 要是关了电视 |
[41:23] | I’m just gonna imagine the horrible things people are saying… | 我会把他们想得更坏 |
[41:25] | …about me, and that’s worse. | 这样更糟 |
[41:26] | Sweetheart, let me draw you a bath, | 宝贝 去洗个澡 |
[41:28] | -do something to distract… -I know you’re trying to help, | -分散一下… -我知道 |
[41:29] | but, right now, all I can do is I can just sit here | 你是为我好 但我现在只想坐着 |
[41:33] | and I can watch this. | 只想看电视 |
[41:35] | Okay? That’s all. | 就说这么多 |
[41:36] | …seeking all of the records involving Monica Lewinsky. | …正在查寻莱温斯基的所有记录 |
[41:40] | Phone records, job records, when she entered the White House… | 电话记录 工作记录 什么时候进入白宫 |
[41:43] | …when she left the Wh-White House. | 什么时候离开白宫 |
[41:45] | We’re told by sources that she would frequently come in… | 据知情人士透露 她经常去… |
[41:48] | -Hello? -Bill? | -喂 -比尔 |
[41:50] | This has to end right now. | 这一切必须立刻结束 |
[41:52] | Listen, Marcia, I’m doing everything I can. | 马西娅 我正在尽力 |
[41:54] | We’re close on an immunity deal | 豁免协议已快谈成 |
[41:55] | We just need her to say what she’s gonna testify to. | 她只需说出要证明的事就行 |
[41:58] | She’ll come with me to the office, and… | 我会陪她去独检办… |
[42:00] | No, no, she can’t-she can’t go outside. | 不行 她不能出去 |
[42:02] | They’ll mob her. You said that yourself. | 他们会围住她 这你也说过 |
[42:05] | …shock America. | …震惊美国 |
[42:06] | -Mom. -I’ll call you back. | -妈妈 -我等下再打 |
[42:12] | 安迪·布莱勒 莱温斯基的高中老师 | |
[42:12] | No! No. That creep took advantage of you when you were young. | 天哪 这个家伙在你小的时候就占你便宜 |
[42:17] | Please, Mom, stop. | 妈妈 求你别说了 |
[42:22] | When I heard the authorities were investigating Monica Lewinsky, | 我一听说当局正在调查莱温斯基 |
[42:24] | I felt I had to come forward. | 就想站出来说… |
[42:26] | -I’m sorry. We’re turning this off! -Don’t. | -对不起 我要关了 -别关 |
[42:29] | Monica and I were involved… | 莫妮卡和我曾… |
[42:31] | I’d rather see it. | 我想看 |
[42:34] | We had an affair. | 我们有过私情 |
[42:35] | And while my wife and I were trying to heal, | 在我想和妻子和好时 |
[42:40] | Monica wouldn’t leave us alone. | 莫妮卡却一直缠着我们 |
[42:42] | She became obsessed with us. | 她不肯离开我们 |
[42:45] | She convinced herself that we were in love. | 她自以为我们是相互爱慕的 |
[42:49] | How do I put this? | 这我该怎么说呢 |
[42:51] | Uh, Monica has a history of twisting the facts. | 莫妮卡是有歪曲事实的习惯 |
[42:55] | Would you say that this was a Fatal Attraction scenario? | 你当时是否觉得有点像《致命诱惑》里的情景 |
[43:01] | You could say that. | 可以这么说吧 |
[43:02] | What else can you tell us about Ms. Lewinsky? | 关于她的事 你还想说些啥 |
[43:05] | There’s a lot the world should know about Monica. | 她有很多事应该让大家知道 |
[43:24] | We’ll walk straight to the car. | 我们直奔汽车而去 |
[43:28] | And it will be over before you know it. | 这一切 不知不觉地就会结束 |
[43:48] | Bill, big day. | 比尔 辛苦了 |
[43:50] | How are you guys holding up? | 你们俩还好吗 |
[44:03] | Okay, all right, we’re just gonna go straight to the car. | 没事 我们直接走向车 |
[44:06] | -We’re not gonna talk to them, all right? -Get back! | -别理他们 -退后 |
[44:08] | Out of my way! Excuse me. | 对不起 让一下 |
[44:10] | Out of our way. Go. Get in there! | 快走开 你进去 |
[44:16] | Move! Stay back! | 退后 |
[44:18] | Monica! | 莫妮卡… |
[44:34] | So, | 那么 |
[44:35] | we have a deal? | 这样可以吗 |
[44:38] | We have a deal. | 可以 |
[44:41] | Judge Starr will sign that as well, | 等斯塔尔法官签字后 |
[44:44] | and we’ll fax it back your way. | 我们再传真给你 |
[44:47] | We’re done here. | 就这样 |
[45:16] | Hey. | 喂 |
[45:17] | I know you don’t believe me, | 我知道你很难相信 |
[45:19] | but it’s all gonna be okay now. | 但现在已经没事了 |
[45:21] | I just want to go to sleep. | 我要睡了 |
[45:23] | Okay, baby. | 好的 宝贝 |
[45:41] | Well, that’s gonna do it for us. We thank you for watching. | 今天我们就到这里 谢谢观看 |
[45:43] | We’re back again tomorrow night at 11:00. | 我们明晚11点再见 |
[45:45] | I don’t… Um, should we watch this? | 我… 我们可以看这个吗 |
[45:48] | Of course. Who’s gonna play Monica? | 当然能看 谁来扮演莫妮卡 |
[45:50] | I hope they’re fair to her. | 希望他们别丑化她 |
[45:52] | It’ll be her and Bill in the office. | 是办公室幽会的场景 |
[45:54] | Oh, stop it. Shush. | 闭嘴 安静 |
[46:00] | 弗吉尼亚州 五角市 丽思·卡尔顿酒店 1998年1月13日 | |
[46:03] | Hi. I’m meeting a friend here. | 你好 我来见一个朋友 |
[46:05] | -Your name? -Monica Lewinsky. | -姓名 -莫妮卡·莱温斯基 |
[46:07] | Oh, yes. | 噢 对 |
[46:09] | -Right this way. Ms. Tripp is already here. -Okay. | -这边请 特里普女士已在等你 -好 |
[46:13] | Monica. | 莫妮卡 |
[46:17] | -Monica Lewinsky. -Hi. | -莫妮卡·莱温斯基 -你好 |
[46:22] | -Okay, you shouldn’t watch this. -No, no. | -你还是别看这个了 -不 |
[46:25] | It’s funny. | 这很搞笑 |
[46:27] | What can I, uh, get you two lovely ladies to drink | 两位女士要喝点什么 |
[46:31] | I’ll have a Bartles & Jaymes. | 我要喝巴杰酒 |
[46:33] | I’ll have a Bloody Mary and two AA batteries. | 给我来杯红玛丽酒和两节5号电池 |
[46:39] | So, former White House intern Monica Lewinsky, | 前白宫实习生莫妮卡·莱温斯基 |
[46:45] | I enjoyed talking to you la… | 我很喜欢和你交谈… |
[46:58] | You’re still up? | 还没睡 |
[47:00] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[47:06] | Is that the brandy you bought,five years ago to make a cake? | 这酒是你五年前买来做蛋糕的吧 |
[47:10] | Brandy doesn’t expire. | 白兰地不会过期 |
[47:15] | Are you okay? | 你不高兴吗 |
[47:17] | Why? | 不高兴 |
[47:20] | The thing on TV? Oh. | 你是说那个电视节目 |
[47:24] | I’m fine. | 我没不高兴 |
[47:29] | You know what the popular kids used to call me in school? | 你知道小时候那些调皮的同学叫我什么吗 |
[47:32] | Mm? | 什么 |
[47:35] | Gus. | 古斯 |
[47:39] | It was a running joke my-my whole junior year. | 11年级时他们一直这样取笑我 |
[47:43] | People would ask me why and I’d pretend I didn’t know, | 有人问我原因 我都假装不知道 |
[47:46] | but I did. | 其实我知道 |
[47:48] | I knew the whole time. | 我一直都知道 |
[47:52] | Gus Johnson was a big famous basketball player. | 古斯·约翰逊是个著名的篮球运动员 |
[47:58] | A gigantic man. | 一个巨大的男人 |
[48:03] | -That’s horrible. -No, | -真讨厌 -不 |
[48:05] | the point is, I’ve been teased my whole life. | 我一辈子都在被人取笑 |
[48:09] | I can take it. | 我无所谓 |
[48:12] | Doesn’t matter. | 没有关系 |
[48:18] | Allison. | 艾莉森 |
[48:25] | Oh, God, that’s disgusting. | 天哪 真难喝 |
[48:26] | It’s basically Robitussin. | 味道和咳嗽药差不多 |
[48:29] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[48:36] | Love you. | 爱你 |
[48:38] | – I love you. It’s gonna be okay. -Okay. | -我爱你 没事的 -知道 |
[48:42] | The attorney for former White House intern Monica Lewinsky, | 这是前白宫实习生莱温斯基的律师 |
[48:46] | William Ginsburg. | 威廉·金斯伯格 |
[48:47] | -Welcome. -Thank you. | -欢迎 -谢谢 |
[48:48] | Does Ken Starr have a case without your client? | 要是没有莱温斯基 斯塔尔能起诉吗 |
[48:52] | Well, I’m afraid you’re gonna have to ask Ken Starr that question. | 这个问题你只能去问斯塔尔本人了 |
[48:56] | What Ken Starr and his prosecutors did | 斯塔尔及其手下 |
[48:58] | to Monica Lewinsky is completely unethical. | 对莱温斯基采取的手段是很不道德的 |
[49:01] | They threatened this 24-year-old woman with jail time, | 他们用坐牢来威胁这位24岁的姑娘 |
[49:04] | when it is, in fact, they who should really be concerned… | 其实真正该担心会坐牢的… |
[49:07] | …about going to jail. | …正是他们 |
[49:08] | I’m not involved in any sort of tense negotiations whatsoever. | 我没和他们进行什么正儿八经的谈判 |
[49:11] | We’re just waiting for Ken Starr’s office to call and make | 我们只是在等 |
[49:12] | some sort of an offer, if indeed they intend to make one. | 如果他们真的开出条件想谈 会来找我的 |
[49:16] | I had a phone call with, uh, Ken Starr’s office yesterday. | 我昨天给独检办打过电话… |
[49:19] | Judge. Hi. | 你好 法官 |
[49:20] | Never heard from you on a Sunday before… | 没想到周日你会… |
[49:22] | Yeah, I came in after worship. | 我做完礼拜就来了 |
[49:23] | The Lewinsky agreement– what’s the status? | 莱温斯基的协议谈得怎么样了 |
[49:26] | All good. She signed, her counsel signed. | 谈好了 她和律师都签字了 |
[49:28] | Have we signed? | 我们签了吗 |
[49:30] | Uh, no. I was gonna have you sign tomorrow. | 还没 我本打算明天来让你签 |
[49:33] | -I can bring it by now… -I’m not signing a darn thing. | -要不我现在就拿来 -我不想签 |
[49:35] | -What’s that? -I’m not giving her immunity. | -什么 -我不想豁免她了 |
[49:38] | Ginsburg appears to be breaking the laws of metaphysics, | 金斯伯格似乎正在违背信仰准则 |
[49:41] | gloating on every single Sunday show. I know what’s he doing. | 他在电视上夸夸其谈 其用意很明显 |
[49:44] | He’s signaling to the president… | 他在向总统暗示 |
[49:46] | …that she isn’t going to tell us anything. | 她不会和盘托出的 |
[49:47] | Judge, we gave our word. We can’t go back on… | 法官 我们承诺过 这个不能反悔… |
[49:50] | I’ve made up my mind. No deal. | 我已决定了 取消协议 |
[50:17] | That’s okay. Bye. | 可以 再见 |
[50:37] | It’s been five news cycles. | 媒体已经轰动了五天 |
[50:40] | I know. | 我知道 |
[50:41] | State of the Union is Tuesday night. | 周二晚上要发表国情咨文 |
[50:43] | I spoke to the whole cabinet, | 我已告诉了内阁 |
[50:45] | leadership in both houses. They have my back. | 还有两院的首脑 他们都支持我 |
[50:48] | Well, they understand who Starr is and what he’s doing, | 因为他们了解斯塔尔的底细 |
[50:51] | but the public doesn’t. | 但公众不了解 |
[50:52] | We can’t rely on surrogates. It needs to be you. | 这事别老让人家替你说 要你自己说 |
[50:56] | The people want to hear from Bill Clinton. | 要让公众亲耳听到比尔·克林顿的话 |
[50:59] | I mean, he’s in there, somewhere. | 你要是老不露面 |
[51:01] | I assume. I hope. | 老让公众去猜测或期待 |
[51:04] | We could lose everything that we have fought for. | 我们就会前功尽弃 |
[51:07] | The only way we do this is we meet it head-on. | 现在我们只能正面迎战 |
[51:09] | You deny it and you throw it back at Starr like the garbage it is. | 你要当众否认 把这堆垃圾扔回给斯塔尔 |
[51:13] | What are my options? | 这要怎么做 |
[51:15] | You know, you-you listen to McCurry, | 麦柯里是这样建议的 |
[51:17] | he wants me to do a live TV address to the nation. | 做一次全国性的电视直播讲话 |
[51:19] | Okay, that’s another C-plus idea from McCurry. Who’s surprised? | 麦柯里就爱出些怪点子 这不奇怪 |
[51:22] | We are not gonna give Starr that power. | 我们不能让斯塔尔有机可乘 |
[51:25] | So what do we do? | 那要怎么做 |
[51:27] | Sid and I have a plan. | 锡德和我有个想法 |
[51:30] | It was subpoenas from lawyers for Paula Jones… | 琼斯的律师所发出的证人传票 |
[51:33] | …that led to all these revelations about Lewinsky. | 却扯出了莱温斯基事件的内幕 |
[51:36] | -Today, Mr. Clinton’s lawyer, Robert Bennett, – | 今天 克林顿的律师… |
[51:38] | Hello? | 喂 |
[51:38] | …Clinton enemies are using the Jones case… | …克林顿的敌人想利用琼斯一案 |
[51:41] | …to destroy the president. | 来搞垮总统 |
[51:42] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[51:45] | She signed it. | 她签了字 |
[51:47] | You signed it. | 你也签了字 |
[51:50] | They can’t do this to us. | 他们不能这样 |
[51:53] | Why is this happening? | 为什么会这样 |
[51:55] | …incredibly sensitive to public opinion. | …公众舆论对此特别敏感 |
[51:58] | As for what you are thinking, many things, it seems… | 你们的想法 很多事情 似乎… |
[52:01] | They’re all in there. | 他们都来了 |
[52:02] | You told them to expect something? | 你对他们放出诱饵了吗 |
[52:05] | You’ll find a bigger-than-normal crowd | 对一个课余计划的活动来说 |
[52:07] | -for an event about after-school programs. -All right. | -记者的人数是异常超多的 -好 |
[52:10] | The first lady is set to host an event on childcare this morning. | 第一夫人今天上午要为学生举办一个活动 |
[52:13] | However, we have just been told the president is… | 但我们听说总统也要出席… |
[52:16] | Mom, get in here. | 妈妈 快来看 |
[52:17] | …A surprise appearance. | …这是出人意料的 |
[52:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[52:30] | Thank you. Good morning. | 谢谢 上午好 |
[52:32] | Welcome to the White House. | 欢迎来到白宫 |
[52:35] | I’m especially glad to see in the audience | 我特别开心的是 |
[52:38] | so many people who care so much about education and childcare. | 这里有那么多人那么关心孩子的教育问题 |
[52:44] | Now, I am very pleased to introduce a surprise guest, | 今天 我还很有幸地请来了一位特殊嘉宾 |
[52:48] | the greatest champion of working parents and working families… | 对于全美国的在职父母和工薪家庭来说 |
[52:53] | …that the United States has ever known, | 他是有史以来最出色的捍卫者 |
[52:57] | my husband, President Bill Clinton. | 有请我的丈夫比尔·克林顿总统 |
[53:08] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢大家 |
[53:10] | First, let me thank all of you who are here. | 我首先要感谢大家的光临 |
[53:14] | Many of us have been working together now for 20 years… | 我们大家在这一领域里共同工作了20年 |
[53:20] | on a lot of these issues, | 解决了很多问题 |
[53:21] | and this is a very happy day for us. | 所以今天我们都很高兴 |
[53:25] | I thank the first lady… | 我要感谢第一夫人 |
[53:26] | …for all she has done on this issue as long as I’ve known her. | 从我认识她起 她就在为此而努力 |
[53:30] | Every child needs someplace to go after school. | 每个孩子放学后都应该有家可归 |
[53:34] | What’s going on? Is he about to resign? | 怎么回事 他会辞职吗 |
[53:36] | We are determined to help Americans succeed | 我们一定要帮助那些美国人… |
[53:38] | What is he up to? | 他想干什么 |
[53:40] | ..well-educated, healthy k-kid. | …受过良好教育的 健康的孩子 |
[53:44] | and to help Americans succeed in the toughest job of all, | 做家长是最艰难的工作 |
[53:46] | that of being a parent. | 我们要帮助他们做好这项工作 |
[53:49] | And the Mott Foundation has gone along way toward helping us. | 还有莫特基金会也一直在帮助我们 |
[53:53] | I thank them. | 我感谢他们 |
[53:55] | Now… | 现在 |
[53:57] | I have to go back to work on my… State of the Union speech. | 我得回去准备国情咨文的报告了 |
[54:02] | And, uh, I worked on it till pretty late last night. | 为此 我昨晚也搞得很迟 |
[54:07] | But I want to say one thing to the American people. | 但我要对美国人民说一句话 |
[54:09] | I want you to listen to me. I’m gonna say this again. | 我要你们亲耳听到 我以后也还会这样说 |
[54:15] | I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky. | 我和那个莱温斯基小姐没有发生性关系 |
[54:24] | I never told anybody to lie. Not a single time. | 我从没叫任何人撒过谎 |
[54:28] | Never. | 从来没有 |
[54:30] | These allegations are false. | 这些指责全是无中生有 |
[54:33] | And I need to go back to work for the American people. | 我得回去继续替美国人民工作了 |
[54:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[54:44] | Oh, my God. | 我的天哪 |
[54:49] | Don’t. | 别管我 |