时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Your honor, opposing counsel has had two weeks | 法官大人 辩方律师已经有两周时间 |
[00:03] | with this request. | 处理这一要求了 |
[00:05] | Counsel, an explanation | 律师 请解释 |
[00:07] | why it has to take place here and not in the brief. | 为什么要在这里说 而不是在诉状中提出 |
[00:10] | Your Honor, my client has taken Ms. Clark’s request | 法官大人 我的委托人对克拉克女士 |
[00:12] | for increased child support very seriously, | 增加赡养费的要求非常重视 |
[00:15] | and thus… | 因此… |
[00:18] | I’m sorry, Your Honor. | 抱歉 法官大人 |
[00:19] | May we ascertain whether Ms. Clark | 我们是不是要确认一下克拉克女士 |
[00:21] | has some sort of respiratory issue? | 是否有呼吸问题 |
[00:23] | – Objection. – Sustained. Oh, wait… | -反对 -反对有效 等等 |
[00:25] | Your Honor, Ms. Clark cannot object. | 法官大人 克拉克女士无权反对 |
[00:27] | Ms. Clark, please remember | 克拉克女士 请记住 |
[00:28] | your place in this courtroom. | 你在本庭的角色 |
[00:30] | And it’s not as an officer of the court. | 你不是法庭人员 |
[00:32] | Of course. Yes. | 当然了 |
[00:33] | My apologies to the court, Your Honor. | 我向法庭道歉 法官大人 |
[00:35] | Counsel, continue. | 律师 请继续 |
[00:37] | My client has more time than money. | 我的委托人时间多而钱少 |
[00:39] | He is being reasonable. | 他的要求很合理 |
[00:41] | Rather than pay added child support | 与其多付赡养费 |
[00:43] | to pay strangers to take care of the children… | 用来雇陌生人照顾孩子 |
[00:45] | Oh, for God’s sake! | 老天爷 |
[00:47] | Ms. Clark! | 克拉克女士 |
[00:48] | If you continue to express yourself outside of protocol, | 如果你继续这样不合规矩地大声说话 |
[00:51] | I’m going to hold you in contempt. | 我要判你藐视法庭了 |
[00:53] | I’m not Lance Ito. | 我不是兰斯·伊藤 |
[00:56] | Continue. | 继续 |
[00:56] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢 法官大人 |
[01:12] | Oh, God… | 天啊 |
[01:18] | Shit. | 该死 |
[01:20] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[01:22] | I’m so sorry. I’m sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[01:24] | I… | 我 |
[01:31] | I’m really very late. | 我真的已经迟到了 |
[01:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:37] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[01:38] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[01:57] | Honored you could join us today, Ms. Clark. | 很高兴你能来 克拉克女士 |
[02:00] | My apologies to the court, Your Honor. | 我向庭上道歉 法官大人 |
[02:07] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[02:16] | And after the toast with the tequila, | 喝下龙舌兰后 |
[02:19] | what did the defendant say to your sister? | 被告对你妹妹说了什么 |
[02:22] | O.J. grabbed Nicole’s crotch | OJ抓住妮可的下体 |
[02:25] | and he said, “This is where babies come from | 说 “孩子就是从这儿出来的 |
[02:28] | and this belongs to me.” | 而这儿属于我” |
[02:31] | Nicole just acted like… | 妮可似乎 |
[02:33] | like it was normal, like she was used to that kind of treatment. | 没觉得有什么不对 好像习惯了被这样对待 |
[02:36] | Objection. | 反对 |
[02:37] | Calls for speculation. | 引导证人推测 |
[02:39] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[02:46] | Was he angry? | 他很生气吗 |
[02:48] | When he grabbed her crotch | 当他在大家面前 |
[02:49] | in front of everyone and said that? | 抓住她下体说这话的时候 |
[02:52] | No. | 不 |
[02:54] | That’s just the kind of person he was. | 他就是那样的人 |
[02:58] | He wanted everyone to know | 他想要大家都知道 |
[02:59] | that she was his property. | 她是他的财产 |
[03:03] | This is ridiculous. What does this have to do with anything? | 这真荒唐 这跟这事有什么关系 |
[03:05] | I can stop this. | 我可以阻止她 |
[03:06] | It’s too much. | 太过分了 |
[03:07] | She’s crying on cue and they feel it. | 她在见机抹泪 他们看出来了 |
[03:10] | It’s backfiring. | 现在适得其反 |
[03:13] | Are you okay, Ms. Brown? | 你没事吧 布朗女士 |
[03:16] | Yes. | 没事 |
[03:18] | It’s just so hard. | 这只是太艰难了 |
[03:25] | Court will resume Monday at 9:00 a.m. | 法庭将于周一上午9点继续开庭 |
[03:26] | We stand in recess. | 现在休庭 |
[03:34] | That was strong. | 那很有力 |
[03:39] | You know, Johnnie, it’s Friday. | 约翰尼 今天是周五 |
[03:41] | What that jury just heard? | 刚刚陪审团听到的那番话 |
[03:43] | It’s gonna sit with ’em all weekend. | 会在他们脑子里整整盘旋一个周末 |
[03:45] | I certainly hope so, Chris. | 那最好了 克里斯 |
[03:46] | I certainly hope so. | 那最好了 |
[04:21] | In the O.J. Trial, | 在审判OJ的庭审中 |
[04:22] | Nicole’s sister, Denise Brown, | 妮可的姐姐 丹妮丝·布朗 |
[04:24] | on the stand today. | 今天出庭作证 |
[04:25] | Emotional, stirring testimony. | 给出了一番情绪激动 煽动人心的证词 |
[04:28] | Will it make a difference? | 会起作用吗 |
[04:30] | We’ll get into that after the break, | 我们稍事休息后再议 |
[04:31] | but first, let’s get into a subject from the O.J. trial | 但首先 我们说说在OJ庭审中的一个 |
[04:34] | that’s got front pages sizzling: | 头条热点 |
[04:37] | Marcia Clark and the clothing that she wears. | 玛莎·克拉克和她的衣着 |
[04:40] | Dolly Sugarman, style expert | 多莉·舒格曼 造型专家 |
[04:42] | and author of Looks Aren’t Everything, They’re the Only Thing, | 和《外貌并非一切 而是唯一》的作者 |
[04:46] | here to tell us what she thinks | 将来跟我们说说她眼中 |
[04:47] | about how Marcia Clark prosecutes style. | 玛莎·克拉克的检控风格 |
[04:50] | Oh, Jesus. | 老天爷 |
[04:52] | What gives? | 怎么说 |
[04:53] | Well, what we see with Marcia Clark | 玛莎·克拉克就是 |
[04:54] | is frump incarnate. | 守旧的化身 |
[04:57] | Guilty as charged. | 罪名成立 |
[04:58] | Uh, it’s a look, that’s for sure. | 这是个风格 可以肯定 |
[05:00] | This is not a look; this is a cry for help. | 这不叫风格 这是呼救 |
[05:02] | And can we talk about that hair? | 还有她的头发 |
[05:04] | Mommy! | 妈妈 |
[05:05] | Hey, sweetie. | 亲爱的 |
[05:07] | I knew you were home | 我就知道你回来了 |
[05:08] | because I could smell smoking. | 因为我闻到烟味儿了 |
[05:10] | Travis, what are you doing up? | 崔维斯 怎么还不睡 |
[05:11] | Mom! When I got home from school today, | 妈妈 我今天从学校回来时 |
[05:14] | I ate the rest of my lunch, | 我把剩下的午饭都吃了 |
[05:15] | because it was still in my bag, | 因为它还放在我包里呢 |
[05:17] | ’cause I forgot all about it. | 因为我都忘记了 |
[05:19] | Is that so? | 是吗 |
[05:20] | Do you ever eat just some of your lunch, sometimes, | 你有没有过只吃了一点午饭 |
[05:23] | and then the rest later? | 然后过会儿才吃掉剩下的 |
[05:25] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[05:27] | I do. | 有过 |
[05:28] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[05:30] | Do you want me to come give you a hug? | 要我抱抱你吗 |
[05:33] | Travis, there is nothing I would like more in the world. | 崔维斯 那简直太棒了 |
[05:45] | You give such a good hug. | 你抱得真好 |
[05:51] | I’ll be right in. | 我马上进去 |
[05:55] | Smoking’s gross, Mom. | 抽烟好恶心啊 妈妈 |
[05:57] | That it is. | 的确 |
[06:58] | – What? – You’re not gonna like this. It… | -怎么了 -你不会高兴的 |
[07:03] | Really, Gordon?! | 不是吧 戈登 |
[07:04] | A petition for primary custody? | 申请主要监护权 |
[07:07] | Come on, Marcia. | 拜托 玛莎 |
[07:08] | You keep calling me, asking me to pitch in. | 你老打电话 叫我多参与 |
[07:10] | This is only temporary, | 这只是暂时的 |
[07:11] | until your trial of the century is over. | 直到你的世纪审判结束 |
[07:12] | Marcia, please, just let the lawyers handle this. | 玛莎 求你 让律师来处理吧 |
[07:14] | I am a lawyer. | 我就是律师 |
[07:16] | Why should I be penalized for doing my job? | 凭什么要因为我履行职责而惩罚我 |
[07:18] | Why should the kids be? | 凭什么要因此惩罚孩子 |
[07:19] | I am more than a great mother to them. | 我对他们而言不仅是一名好母亲 |
[07:21] | You know that! You’ve said it! | 你很清楚的 你还那么说过 |
[07:22] | Sure! When you’re there. | 是啊 你陪着他们的时候是的 |
[07:23] | Right now, they spend all their time with babysitters. | 但现在他们一直跟保姆在一起 |
[07:26] | Now, how is that in their best interest? | 这怎么对他们有利了 |
[07:29] | You know why I have to work so hard? | 你知道我为何要那么努力工作吗 |
[07:31] | Because I have a family to support. | 因为我要养家 |
[07:34] | At least they know one of us is there for them. | 至少他们知道我们中有一个会陪伴他们 |
[07:45] | Carl, take a look at these two notecards of Shawn’s. | 卡尔 看看绍恩的这两张笔记卡 |
[07:49] | Police disciplinary actions based on race. | 警方依据种族下达的纪律处分 |
[07:53] | Those points fit our narrative. | 这符合我们的说法 |
[07:55] | Anything else… | 其他的 |
[07:58] | I’m so sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[08:00] | I ran into Geffen, and… | 我遇到了盖芬 |
[08:01] | the whole Sue Mengers thing. | 还有苏·芒格斯那档子事 |
[08:03] | I-I… I’m sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[08:07] | Johnnie, you were saying? | 约翰尼 你刚刚说 |
[08:08] | I just wanted to impress upon everyone– | 我想让大家都记住这点 |
[08:10] | and-and I’m sure Bob would agree– | 我想鲍勃肯定也会同意 |
[08:11] | that the most important thing is the story. | 最重要的是我们的说法 |
[08:14] | Now, Marcia’s got the ball and she’s telling a story, | 玛莎有机会讲她的故事 |
[08:17] | but instead of responding to her story, | 但我们不用回应她的故事 |
[08:20] | or refuting the story, | 也不用驳斥她的故事 |
[08:21] | we need to be telling a more credible one. | 我们得说出一个更可信的故事 |
[08:23] | We need to gather the jury around a fire | 我们得把陪审团聚齐在篝火旁 |
[08:26] | and tell a better story. | 讲一个更好的故事 |
[08:28] | We need to make them believe. | 我们得让他们相信 |
[08:31] | Now, where’s that folder? | 文件夹在哪儿 |
[08:33] | the one with the Three Stooges | 就是那晚在罗金厄姆 |
[08:34] | at Rockingham that night, yes. | 由三个臭皮匠拿着的那个 |
[08:37] | Do you remember this story? | 记得这个故事吗 |
[08:39] | I don’t remember a thing about it. | 我什么都不记得 |
[08:42] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[08:43] | And so what did you do next at Rockingham, | 在野马车里看到血迹之后 |
[08:45] | after seeing the blood in the Bronco? | 接下来你在罗金厄姆做了什么 |
[08:48] | Uh, at that point, we went from the intention of notifying | 当时 我们从打算通知 |
[08:51] | Mr. Simpson of the death of his ex-wife | 辛普森先生他前妻的死讯 |
[08:53] | to a concern that his residence might be a crime scene. | 变成开始担心他的住宅可能是犯罪现场 |
[08:57] | We were concerned for the well-being of Mr. Simpson himself. | 我们担心辛普森先生本人是否安好 |
[09:00] | Thank you, Detective. | 谢谢 警探 |
[09:02] | Good morning, Detective. | 早上好 警探 |
[09:03] | And a question. | 我有个问题 |
[09:05] | Is it a normal procedure | 这是一个正常程序吗 |
[09:07] | for three detectives | 当三位警探 |
[09:08] | to rush from an ongoing crime scene investigation | 调查犯罪现场调查到一半时 |
[09:12] | to the home of the former spouse of the victim | 突然跑去被害人前夫的家里 |
[09:14] | simply to notify that person | 就只是为了通知他 |
[09:16] | that someone whom they used to be married to | 曾经与他有婚姻关系的人 |
[09:20] | has been killed? | 被杀害了 |
[09:21] | Well, every situation is different. | 每一个案件情况都不一样 |
[09:24] | And there were children involved. | 而且还涉及到孩子 |
[09:27] | And at the Bundy scene, | 在邦迪大道的现场 |
[09:29] | didn’t Detective Fuhrman inform you | 福尔曼警探是不是告诉你 |
[09:31] | that Mr. Simpson and the victim | 辛普森先生和被害人 |
[09:33] | had a history of domestic violence? | 有家暴历史 |
[09:36] | Is that not right? | 是吗 |
[09:38] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:39] | And so you all find out | 所以你们得知后 |
[09:41] | and proceed to Rockingham | 就前往罗金厄姆 |
[09:42] | because Mr. Simpson became a suspect for you at that time. | 因为辛普森先生那时对你而言已是嫌疑人 |
[09:46] | Not simply, what? | 而不仅是 怎么说呢 |
[09:48] | An ex-husband to be notified. | 一个需要被通知的前夫 |
[09:53] | Is that fair to say? | 这样说对吗 |
[09:56] | No. | 不对 |
[09:57] | That’s not why we were there. | 那不是我们过去的原因 |
[10:06] | Is it normal for so many of them to go for a notification? | 他们那么多人一同前去通知他正常吗 |
[10:09] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[10:11] | I’ve never heard a point made of something like that. | 我从未听过有人提出这样的质疑 |
[10:13] | It made the detecs sound shady. | 让警探听上去很可疑 |
[10:15] | Shit. | 该死 |
[10:18] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[10:20] | The jury thinks the cops cut corners to convict a guilty man, | 陪审会团认为警察为了给罪犯定罪走了捷径 |
[10:23] | he’s still guilty. | 但他还是有罪的 |
[10:24] | That’s not gonna get them to acquit. | 这不会让他们判他无罪 |
[10:26] | No, it’s not, but that’s not today. | 对 不会 但今天不是这个目的 |
[10:28] | Today we make them think these cops lie about little things, | 今天我们让他们觉得这些警察会就小事撒谎 |
[10:32] | so that tomorrow we can show them | 这样明天我们就可以说 |
[10:34] | they lie about big things. | 他们就大事也撒谎了 |
[10:36] | Even if they’re doing it for what they think is right. | 即便他们在做他们以为正确的事 |
[10:38] | That’s where we pull. | 那才是我们发力的地方 |
[10:40] | That’s where the daylight’s at. | 那才是明日的焦点 |
[10:41] | Now… if, right now, they think he did it, | 如果现在他们认为是他干的 |
[10:44] | that’s fine by me. | 我不介意 |
[10:46] | We’ll get to that later. | 我们稍后再搞定那个 |
[10:54] | Sergeant Tommy. | 汤米警司 |
[10:58] | I haven’t thought about him in years. | 我有好多年没想到过他了 |
[11:01] | You remember how they used to set up him up at… | 你还记得他们以前会在克里斯托老爹餐馆 |
[11:03] | at Papa Christo’s? | 整他吗 |
[11:05] | – The ouzo! – The ouzo… | -饭后酒 -饭后酒 |
[11:06] | Yeah. They’d fill a whole goddamn coffee mug with ouzo for him. | 他们给他倒一整杯咖啡杯大的饭后酒 |
[11:10] | He’d be bombed by noon. | 他在中午之前就会醉过去 |
[11:12] | What is he doing? | 他在干什么呢 |
[11:13] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[11:14] | I never run into Tommy D | 我们搬去西米谷市后 |
[11:15] | since we moved out to Simi Valley. | 就再也没见过汤米·D |
[11:17] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[11:18] | Simi. Is it… is that… is that nice? | 西米 那是个好地方吗 |
[11:20] | Fantastic. | 好极了 |
[11:21] | Quiet. | 安静 |
[11:22] | Spend all day in this mess | 整天待在这么闹的地方 |
[11:23] | and then you get home and… | 然后回到家 |
[11:26] | That is wonderful. | 简直太棒了 |
[11:33] | Court is now in session. | 现在开庭 |
[11:42] | Detective, in regards to taking Mr. Simpson’s shoes, | 警探 关于拿走辛普森先生的鞋子 |
[11:46] | you did not book them into evidence that night. | 你当晚没有把鞋子录入证据 |
[11:49] | Is that… is that correct? | 是这样吗 |
[11:51] | That night I couldn’t have, no. | 那晚我没有录进去 |
[11:55] | What did you do with them? | 你把鞋子弄哪去了 |
[11:56] | Where were they | 在你第二天它们录入证据清单之前 |
[11:57] | until you booked ’em into evidence the next day? | 它们在哪儿 |
[12:02] | I put them in the trunk of my car. | 我把它们放在我车的后备箱里了 |
[12:08] | So you took them home with you? | 你把它们带回家了吗 |
[12:11] | I did. | 是的 |
[12:16] | Detective, where exactly do you live? | 警探 你住在哪儿 |
[12:24] | Simi Valley. | 西米谷市 |
[12:25] | Really? | 是吗 |
[12:27] | So you took this evidence home to Simi Valley? | 你把证据带回西米谷市吗 |
[12:32] | Simi Valley. | 西米谷市 |
[12:34] | The home of the officers | 罗德尼·金被打一案 |
[12:36] | involved in the Rodney King beating. | 涉案警官的家 |
[12:40] | That is correct. | 是的 |
[12:43] | How long | 辛普森先生 |
[12:46] | were Mr. Simpson’s shoes in your home | 他的鞋在你西米谷市的家里 |
[12:49] | in Simi Valley? | 待了多久 |
[12:52] | Approximately six hours. | 大约六个小时 |
[12:58] | Six hours. | 六个小时 |
[13:00] | In Simi Valley. | 在西米谷市 |
[13:14] | Detective Lange, remind me: | 朗警探 提醒我一下 |
[13:16] | how long have you been with the LAPD? | 你在洛杉矶警局任职多久了 |
[13:19] | 28 years, 18 as detective. | 28年 其中任职警探18年 |
[13:21] | Hmm. Long time. | 相当长的一段时间 |
[13:23] | So something was said earlier that is confusing to me. | 之前你说的一些话让我很困惑 |
[13:27] | In your lengthy career, | 在你漫长的职业生涯里 |
[13:29] | how many times have you taken evidence | 你有多少次从犯罪现场 |
[13:31] | from a crime scene home with you overnight? | 把证据带回家过夜 |
[13:37] | Difficult to say. | 很难说 |
[13:38] | Okay, I’ll rephrase it. | 好 我换个问法 |
[13:40] | Have you ever taken home evidence overnight? | 你有把证据带回家过夜过吗 |
[13:43] | Other than the night in question. | 除了我们正在谈论的那晚 |
[13:48] | No. | 没 |
[13:49] | Not that I can recall. | 我不记得有过 |
[13:51] | So let’s be clear. | 那我们把话说明 |
[13:52] | In all your years as a detective, | 在你当警探的那些年里 |
[13:54] | this is the only instance | 这是你唯一一次 |
[13:56] | that you took evidence from a crime scene, | 从犯罪现场拿走证据 |
[13:58] | you put it in your car, you drove it home | 装进你的车 开回家 |
[14:00] | and didn’t book it until the next day. | 直到第二天才登记入案 |
[14:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:13] | Shit. | 该死 |
[14:18] | I say we think big. | 我说我们将眼光放得更远 |
[14:19] | Preempt our entire daytime programming. | 先买断我们所有的日间节目计划 |
[14:22] | Proctor and Gamble just doubled their buys at ABC | 在ABC宣布说要直播OJ案后 |
[14:25] | after they announced they’re going live with O.J. | 普罗克托和甘布尔加倍了广告 |
[14:29] | How many shows did ABC preempt? | ABC取代了多少节目 |
[14:30] | Everything. | 所有 |
[14:31] | The entire daytime slate. | 全部日间节目 |
[14:36] | This is better daytime soap than anything we’ve got. | 这比我们任何日间肥皂剧都精彩 |
[14:38] | I’d sure as hell rather watch O.J. | 我肯定更愿意观看OJ案 |
[14:39] | than some dumb doctor having an affair with a nurse. | 而不会观看医生和护士偷情的弱智节目 |
[14:43] | Let’s do it. | 就这样干 |
[14:44] | Clear the slate. | 取消所有节目 |
[14:47] | Simi Valley. | 西米谷市 |
[14:54] | Look on the bright side. | 往好处想 |
[14:55] | At least Fuhrman doesn’t live there. | 至少福尔曼没住在那儿 |
[14:58] | Yeah, but, uh… | 没错 不过 |
[15:02] | What? | 怎么 |
[15:03] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[15:05] | See… | 瞧 |
[15:07] | I think they’re looking forward to Fuhrman. | 我认为他们想让福尔曼来作证 |
[15:10] | Well, they shouldn’t be. | 他们不应该的 |
[15:11] | Fuhrman is a far from perfect human being, | 虽然福尔曼有很多缺点 |
[15:13] | but his procedure that night was pretty damn perfect. | 但他在案发当晚所采取的程序没有任何瑕疵 |
[15:16] | He can describe the events in question three times in a row | 他可以连续三次一字不漏地叙述 |
[15:19] | without missing a note. | 当时的经过 |
[15:20] | He’s gonna come off like Jack Webb. | 他会像杰克·韦伯[美国演员]一样 |
[15:24] | Oh, Darden. | 达登 |
[15:25] | Don’t. | 别 |
[15:27] | You need to be confident | 你必须对我们所掌握的证据 |
[15:28] | in the strength of what we have, okay? | 要有信心 好吗 |
[15:36] | What you need | 你需要的 |
[15:37] | is some study break. | 是一点休息时间 |
[15:40] | Oh, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[15:42] | Turn it down. | 关掉音乐 |
[15:44] | *I’m taking care of business, woman, can’t you see* | *我在打理生意 女人 你看不到吗* |
[15:49] | *I gotta make it for you* | *我得为你赚钱* |
[15:52] | *I gotta make it for me* | *也得为我赚钱* |
[15:54] | Stop! Stop it. | 够了 够了 |
[15:57] | I cannot afford to be accused of having a good time right now. | 现在我可不能被指控玩乐 |
[16:00] | Well, who’s gonna begrudge you of having a good time? | 谁会忌妒你玩乐啊 |
[16:02] | Oh, who? | 谁 |
[16:03] | Um, everyone. | 所有人 |
[16:05] | Ito. Gil. | 伊藤 吉尔 |
[16:06] | Larry King. | 拉里·金 |
[16:09] | My pain-in-the-ass ex-husband, | 令我头疼的前夫 |
[16:10] | who’s looking for any excuse to take my kids away from me. | 他在找一切理由把孩子从我身边夺走 |
[16:14] | Well, at least he wants to help raise ’em, right? | 至少他是想帮忙抚养他们 对吗 |
[16:17] | That’s better than some dads. | 这比一些父亲好多了 |
[16:22] | You know I’ve got a daughter? | 你知道我有个女儿吗 |
[16:26] | – Really? – Yep. | -是吗 -嗯 |
[16:28] | She’s 15. Really beautiful. | 15岁 很漂亮 |
[16:30] | Lives up in Oakland. | 住在奥克兰 |
[16:32] | I wish I… | 我希望我 |
[16:36] | I wasn’t exactly around as much as I wished I’d been. | 我陪在她身边的时间比我希望的少很多 |
[16:40] | I had to move down here for my “Big job.” | 为了”大工作”我不得不搬到这里 |
[16:45] | Guess as I got older… | 我想随着年龄的增长 |
[16:48] | started to have some regrets. | 我开始有了一些遗憾 |
[16:51] | S-Saw things more clearly. | 看事情看得更透彻了 |
[16:58] | That’s what happens. | 生活就这样 |
[17:01] | Or is supposed to happen. | 或者说本该如此 |
[17:05] | I’m trying to fix things. | 我在尽力弥补 |
[17:07] | And now that I’m on TV, I’m the cool dad. | 因为我上了电视 我成了酷老爹 |
[17:14] | Ooh. Ooh, now, see… | 看… |
[17:18] | I like this one. | 我喜欢这首歌 |
[17:28] | Then come here, woman. | 那就过来吧 美女 |
[18:21] | Ok, we’re taking a poll. | 我们正在做民意调查 |
[18:23] | Is Marcia Clark a bitch or a babe? | 玛莎·克拉克是贱人还是美女 |
[18:25] | Come on, let me know. Call in and ring my bell. | 大家踊跃参与 打电话告诉我你们的想法 |
[18:28] | A bitch or a babe? | 美女还是英雄 |
[18:31] | YAKK Yakk. | |
[18:38] | I vote “Babe”. | 我投”美女” |
[18:45] | *Who’s that lady?* | *那女人是谁* |
[18:49] | *Sexy lady…* | *性感女人* |
[18:53] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[18:53] | Morning. | 早 |
[18:55] | Well, you seem ready to rumble. | 你似乎准备好出庭了 |
[18:56] | That I am. Prepped all night, | 是的 准备了一整晚 |
[18:58] | only got two hours of sleep, | 只睡了两小时 |
[18:59] | but I can tell you every single moment | 但我可以告诉你今天将在 |
[19:01] | of what’s gonna happen in that court today. | 法庭里发生的每一个细节 |
[19:04] | I’m ready for anything. | 我做好了一切准备 |
[19:12] | Your Honor, the People will now call Detective Mark Fuhrman. | 法官大人 公诉方请求传唤马克·福尔曼警探 |
[19:15] | Your Honor, may counsel approach the bench? | 法官大人 我能借步法官席说话吗 |
[19:17] | We have a situation. | 我们出了点状况 |
[19:18] | An incredibly urgent matter. | 一个非常紧急的事件 |
[19:23] | Your Honor, we have a crisis regarding our witness | 法官大人 关于我们的证人罗莎·洛佩兹 |
[19:25] | Miss Rosa Lopez. | 我们遇到了问题 |
[19:27] | Miss Lopez has left the state. | 罗莎·洛佩兹离开了本州 |
[19:28] | Counsel, what are you asking for? | 律师 你们想要什么 |
[19:30] | We need to hear her testimony out of order. | 我们需要打破顺序传唤她作证 |
[19:32] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[19:33] | She’s here now, but we can’t compel her to stay. | 她现在在这 但我们不能强迫她停留 |
[19:35] | No way. I’m in the middle of presenting the People’s case. | 不行 我正在介绍公诉方的论据 |
[19:38] | That’s the way this works: | 程序就是这样的 |
[19:39] | People make the case, defense responds. | 公诉方介绍论据 辩方做出回应 |
[19:41] | You don’t get to override that | 你不能因为你遇到了证人问题 |
[19:42] | because you’ve got witness problems. | 就无视规矩 |
[19:43] | We’ve all got witness problems. | 谁没有过证人问题 |
[19:45] | Yes, Marcia, and I look forward to you parading out | 是的 玛莎 我很期待你哪天 |
[19:47] | your witness problems. Your Honor, | 也出了证人问题 法官大人 |
[19:49] | I don’t know how we don’t have grounds for a mistrial. | 我不明白为何我们没有宣布无效审判的理由 |
[19:51] | Your Honor, this is silly. | 法官大人 这太愚蠢了 |
[19:51] | They’re just trying to kill my momentum. | 他们只是想遏制我的势头 |
[19:55] | All right. I think we need a hearing to establish. | 好了 我认为我们需要就此举行听证会 |
[19:58] | I’m going to dismiss the jury for the day so we can do that. | 我将暂时解散陪审团以举行听证会 |
[20:11] | All right, it’s 3:10 now. | 好了 现在是3点10分 |
[20:12] | I think we’re going to be going late tonight. | 我觉得今晚我们要弄到很晚了 |
[20:21] | Your Honor. | 法官大人 |
[20:23] | I cannot go late tonight. | 我今晚不能待太晚 |
[20:26] | May I ask why not? | 我能问一下原因吗 |
[20:31] | I have to take care of my kids. | 我得照顾孩子 |
[20:33] | Your Honor, | 法官大人 |
[20:35] | are we really going to risk losing this witness | 我们真要为了解决照顾孩子的问题 |
[20:37] | because of a babysitting problem? | 而冒失去这名证人的风险吗 |
[20:39] | Ms. Clark, I’ve just dismissed the jury. | 克拉克女士 我刚解散了陪审团 |
[20:42] | I’m sorry, Your Honor. | 对不起 法官大人 |
[20:43] | I do have the power to have my courtroom open late, | 如果有必要 我是有权利开庭 |
[20:45] | if need be. | 到很晚的 |
[20:46] | Of course, Your Honor. | 当然 法官大人 |
[20:54] | We’ll recess until tomorrow. | 现在休庭 明天继续 |
[20:56] | Mr. Cochran, | 科克伦先生 |
[20:58] | make sure Ms. Lopez is here. | 确保洛佩兹女士届时到此 |
[21:01] | All right, we stand in recess. | 好的 现在休庭 |
[21:15] | I’m saying it makes us appear unprepared. | 我是说这一出让我们显得准备不足 |
[21:17] | How could we be prepared for Rosa Lopez? | 我们怎么可能对罗莎·洛佩兹做出准备 |
[21:19] | We weren’t expecting to cross-examine her | 我们在接下来的五个月里 |
[21:20] | for another five months. Who is she, again? | -并不打算交叉询问她 -她是谁来着 |
[21:22] | She’s the housekeeper, the one for Simpson’s neighbor. | 她是辛普森邻居家的保姆 |
[21:25] | She says she saw the Bronco outside Simpson’s house at 10:15. | 她声称十点一刻在辛普森门外看见野马车 |
[21:28] | What does that do to your time line? | 这对于你的时间线有什么影响 |
[21:30] | I will handle it. | 我会处理好的 |
[21:31] | Well, it looks like you’re losing control in there. | 看起来你在法庭里已经失去控制了 |
[21:33] | Me? Ito is the one who’s lost control. | 我 失去控制的是伊藤 |
[21:35] | He’s a total media whore. | 他对媒体曝光上瘾了 |
[21:36] | If you want to know which way he’ll tilt, | 如果想知道他偏向哪一边 |
[21:38] | just watch the talk shows from the night before. | 看前一天晚上的脱口秀就行 |
[21:38] | Look, that is something you can’t control. | 听着 那不是你能左右的 |
[21:40] | Stop watching so much TV. | 别再天天看电视了 |
[21:43] | If you listen to all that noise, | 如果你再听这些胡言乱语 |
[21:44] | you’re just gonna start bringing it into the courtroom. | 会干扰你法庭上的表现 |
[21:45] | The trial’s in here, it’s not out there. | 审判是在法庭里 不在外面的媒体那里 |
[21:49] | Now, that-that thing about not going late– is that true? | 你说你不能待太晚 真的假的 |
[21:53] | Yes. I have to get home, like, now. | 真的 我现在就得回家了 |
[21:56] | I will put the boys down and I can work from there. | 等孩子们上床睡觉我就能继续工作 |
[21:58] | – I can. – Okay, well, | -我能行的 -好吧 |
[22:00] | if you think you can cram all that prep into one night | 要是你觉得你可以不用这里的资源 |
[22:03] | without the resources you have here, uh, Mar… | 就能一晚上突击完成所有准备工作 玛 |
[22:08] | It’s your call. | 决定权在你 |
[22:11] | Listen, the-the stuff | 听着 媒体说的那些 |
[22:14] | in the media about your appearance– I’m sorry. | 有关你外貌衣着的内容 我很抱歉 |
[22:16] | It’s… it’s awful, it’s inappropriate, | 太糟了 完全不恰当 |
[22:19] | it’s sexist, it’s horrifying. | 是性别歧视 骇人听闻 |
[22:21] | Sukey and I are just– we’re appalled when it comes on TV. | 我和苏凯在电视上看到都吓到了 |
[22:24] | It doesn’t make things easier. | 真是雪上加霜 |
[22:25] | I’m sure. | 肯定的 |
[22:27] | Having said that, I… | 说了这些话 我 |
[22:30] | Maybe you could… I… | 或许你可以 我 |
[22:33] | I can put you together with | 我可以给联系几个 |
[22:34] | a couple of terrific media consultants, and… | 很厉害的媒体顾问 |
[22:54] | Get back to work! | 回去干活 |
[22:59] | Hi, Sugar-Bear. | 你好啊 小甜心 |
[23:01] | No, I’m sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[23:03] | I can’t come home yet. | 我还不能回家 |
[23:06] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[23:08] | Well, why is he crying? | 他为什么哭了 |
[23:11] | Well, sweetie, work it out. | 宝贝儿 想办法解决 |
[23:13] | Tell him he can watch his cartoons for 30 minutes | 告诉他可以看30分钟动画片 |
[23:15] | and then it’s your turn. | 然后再轮到你看 |
[23:19] | You know how to read a clock; he doesn’t. | 你会看时钟 他不会 |
[23:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:28] | Have fun, and I will call you in a little while. | 好好玩 我一会儿打给你 |
[23:31] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[23:49] | Gordon. | 戈登 |
[23:52] | I have a favor to ask of you. | 我得请你帮个忙 |
[23:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[23:58] | Tonight. Now, actually. | 今晚 实际上是现在 |
[24:04] | Look, can you do it or not? | 听着 你到底能不能去 |
[24:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:15] | Very much. | 非常感谢 |
[24:37] | Scott, Lucy, in the conference room! | 斯科特 露西 到会议室集合 |
[24:39] | Let’s go over the Lopez prep. | 我们再过一遍有关洛佩兹的准备工作 |
[24:42] | Mr. Cochran, is Ms. Lopez present here today? | 科克伦先生 洛佩兹女士今天到场了吗 |
[24:46] | She is, Your Honor. | 到场了 法官大人 |
[24:47] | And do you anticipate that we can hear | 你预计她可以在一天内 |
[24:49] | what she has to say in one day? | 讲完她要说的吗 |
[24:50] | I would expect so, Your Honor, | 我认为可以 法官大人 |
[24:51] | barring any acts of God | 除非不可抗力 |
[24:53] | or further child-care crisises from Ms. Clark. | 或者克拉克女士再出现育儿危机 |
[25:01] | Your Honor. | 法官大人 |
[25:04] | I am offended by Mr. Cochran’s remarks, | 作为一个女人 一个母亲 |
[25:06] | as a woman and as a mother. | 我对科克伦先生的一席话深感冒犯 |
[25:09] | Mr. Cochran may not know what it’s like | 科克伦先生可能不知道 |
[25:11] | to work a 70-hour work week | 每周工作70小时 |
[25:13] | and also take care of a family, | 同时还要照顾好家庭是何种感受 |
[25:15] | but I do. | 但我知道 |
[25:16] | And many other people do, too. | 很多人都知道 |
[25:18] | To belittle my child-care issues | 在您的法庭上 |
[25:20] | in your courtroom is unconscionable | 贬低我的育儿问题是不合理 |
[25:22] | and totally out of line. | 而且是非常过分的行为 |
[25:44] | Ms. Lopez, just to confirm your occupation, | 洛佩兹女士 确认一下你的职业 |
[25:46] | you are the housekeeper of Mr. Simpson’s neighbor, | 你是辛普森先生邻居家的保姆 |
[25:48] | is that correct? | 对吗 |
[25:50] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:53] | Mr. Cochran has moved the court to disrupt our schedule | 科克伦先生打乱了我们的上庭计划 |
[25:55] | because you threatened to leave the country, | 因为你不堪媒体打扰 |
[25:57] | since you’re being hounded by the press. | 扬言要出国 |
[25:58] | I stay just for today for Mr. Johnnie. | 我今天没走是为了约翰尼先生 |
[26:02] | Tomorrow, I fly. | 明天我就飞走 |
[26:05] | So when did you make this flight reservation for El Salvador? | 所以你何时预订的飞往萨尔瓦多的机票 |
[26:09] | This morning. | 今天早上 |
[26:10] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[26:12] | Yesterday, Mr. Cochran stated that you had had one then. | 昨天科克伦先生就说你已经订票了 |
[26:15] | I did. | 我订了 |
[26:17] | And I didn’t. | 又退了 |
[26:19] | I make it today. | 今天又订了 |
[26:21] | Ms. Lopez, we called the airlines. | 洛佩兹女士 我们给航空公司打了电话 |
[26:23] | They don’t show any reservation for you, at all. | 根本就没有你的订票记录 |
[26:26] | Not for yesterday, not for today, | 昨天没有 今天没也有 |
[26:28] | not for tomorrow. | 明天没有 |
[26:29] | Because I’m going to reserve it. | 因为我一出庭 |
[26:32] | As soon as I leave here. | 就会立刻去订票 |
[26:34] | So then, Ms. Lopez, | 那么 洛佩兹女士 |
[26:36] | could you please explain to the court | 麻烦你向法庭解释一下 |
[26:37] | why you are filing for unemployment | 既然你准备永远离开这个国家 |
[26:38] | when you say you’re leaving the country forever? | 为什么还要申请失业金 |
[26:41] | You need to get this woman off the stand. | 你不能让这女人作证 |
[26:44] | What the hell is going on? | 这是闹哪样 |
[26:45] | In your first statements, | 你最初声称 |
[26:46] | you saw the Bronco at 10:00 p.m. | 你在晚上十点钟看见了野马车 |
[26:48] | But now you say it’s 10:15. | 现在你又说是十点一刻 |
[26:50] | So which is it? | 所以到底是哪个时间 |
[26:51] | Did you see the Bronco 10:00 or 10:15? | 你是在十点还是十点一刻看到野马车的 |
[26:53] | Does it matter? | 这很重要吗 |
[26:54] | Yes, it matters very much. It’s why you’re here. | 是的 至关重要 叫你来就是为这个 |
[26:57] | Please answer the question. | 请回答问题 |
[26:59] | Ms. Lopez, a shrug is not an answer. | 洛佩兹女士 耸肩不算是回答问题 |
[27:03] | So which is it? 10:00 or 10:15? | 所以到底是什么时间 十点还是十点一刻 |
[27:06] | Whatever Mr. Johnnie says I said. | 约翰尼先生说我说了什么就是什么 |
[27:08] | No. Not what Mr. Cochran says. | 不 不是科克伦先生说了什么 |
[27:11] | We need to be told what you saw. | 我们需要知道的是你看到了什么 |
[27:17] | No me recuerdo. | 我想不起来了[西班牙语] |
[27:19] | Ms. Lopez, in English please, | 洛佩兹女士 请说英语 |
[27:21] | unless you need a translator. | 还是说要给你找个翻译 |
[27:22] | I say I don’t remember. | 我说我不记得了 |
[27:25] | You don’t remember? | 不记得了 |
[27:30] | Good enough for me. | 很好 |
[27:32] | No further questions. | 没有问题了 |
[27:37] | “Mr. Johnnie”? Jesus. | “约翰尼先生” 天啊 |
[27:41] | Yeah, Marcia! Go, Marcia! | 真棒 玛莎 加油 玛莎 |
[27:46] | Marcia, that was a gut punch you gave in there today. | 玛莎 你今天干得相当漂亮 |
[27:48] | Any comment? | 有什么想法吗 |
[27:49] | The stuff about my child care– Johnnie was way out of line. | 竟然拿我的孩子说事儿 约翰尼太过了 |
[27:52] | I got a little hot. He can take it. | 我今天有点强势 不过他扛得住 |
[27:55] | Johnnie, are you happy with Lopez’s testimony?! | 约翰尼 你对洛佩兹的证词满意吗 |
[27:57] | Johnnie! | 约翰尼 |
[27:58] | Absolutely. We’re here for the truth. | 当然 我们是为真相而来的 |
[27:59] | Johnnie, would you have time to speak | 约翰尼 你能不能说一下 |
[28:00] | about your own history of domestic abuse? | 你自己的家庭暴力史 |
[28:02] | Considering the issues presented in this case– | 考虑到这起案件的情况 |
[28:04] | particularly the impact of domestic violence– | 尤其是家庭暴力的影响 |
[28:06] | my editor thinks that you and your past are fair game. | 我的编辑认为你和你的过去会成为被攻击对象 |
[28:09] | Hey, I’m giving you a chance here. | 我是在给你机会解释 |
[28:11] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[28:12] | We’re printing it soon. | 我们马上就会出版的 |
[28:13] | Call me. | 记得打给我 |
[28:19] | Hello. My name is Gordon Clark. | 你好 我是戈登·克拉克 |
[28:21] | I’m the former husband of Marcia Clark. | 我是玛莎·克拉克的前夫 |
[28:24] | This thing about needing to get home | 昨天在庭上她说要早点回家 |
[28:25] | from court early yesterday was a fraud. | 其实是个骗局 |
[28:26] | 重大新闻 戈登·克拉克发声 | |
[28:28] | I was with the kids. | 我和孩子在一起 |
[28:30] | She worked late. | 她工作到很晚 |
[28:31] | It’s classic Marcia. | 典型的玛莎 |
[28:33] | I’m telling you this because I am sick of her | 我告诉你这些是因为我实在是 |
[28:35] | using our children as pawns. | 不想让她再把孩子当枪使了 |
[28:36] | Jesus, Gordon. | 天啊 戈登 |
[28:39] | This is our private life. | 这可是我们的私事啊 |
[28:52] | Mr. Cochran, she’s on line one. | 科克伦先生 她在1号机上 |
[29:07] | Barbara. It’s Johnnie. | 芭芭拉 我是约翰尼 |
[29:13] | Hello? | 你好 |
[29:14] | I’m here. | 我在听 |
[29:17] | The L.A. Times reached out to me today about us, | 《洛杉矶时报》今天来找我问我俩的事了 |
[29:20] | and I thought I’d discuss it with you | 我觉得还是跟你商量下比较好 |
[29:22] | because they may be calling. | 想着他们可能会打给你 |
[29:25] | They’ve called. | 他们已经打过了 |
[29:27] | You talked to them? | 你跟他们谈过了吗 |
[29:30] | I told them I’d call them back, | 我告诉他们我都想好之后 |
[29:32] | after I got my recollections together. | 会打给他们的 |
[29:36] | Funny thing is, I was gonna call you anyway. | 搞笑的是 我本来就打算给你打个电话的 |
[29:39] | I sold the apartment building on South Vermont last month, | 我上个月把南佛蒙特的那栋公寓楼卖了 |
[29:43] | and even though I got it in the divorce, | 虽然在离婚中判给了我 |
[29:46] | it occurred to me that maybe you should get the profit. | 但我想到你应该拿到收益 |
[29:51] | Seeing how it was your pet project. | 毕竟是你的得意之作 |
[29:59] | It’s a lot of profit, Barbara. | 收益相当可观啊 芭芭拉 |
[30:01] | It could make you quite… | 可以让你过得 |
[30:05] | you know… | 你懂的 |
[30:08] | quite comfortable. | 舒服不少 |
[30:14] | Now, I know Lopez didn’t go as planned, | 我知道洛佩兹没按计划来 |
[30:16] | but we couldn’t risk the… | 但我们不能冒这个险去… |
[30:16] | Oh, the… Did-Didn’t go as planned? | 没 没按计划来 |
[30:19] | Oh, the crazy cleaning lady wasn’t as planned? | 那个疯狂的清洁阿姨没按计划来吗 |
[30:22] | Well, I certainly hope that shit in there | 我希望这一团糟 |
[30:23] | wasn’t as planned, Johnnie. | 也不是按计划来的 约翰尼 |
[30:25] | O.J., it’s a blip. It’ll be out of the papers by Wednesday. | OJ 只是个小变故 到周三就没事了 |
[30:27] | Good to hear, Lee, good to hear. | 很好 李 很好 |
[30:30] | But I won’t be out of this jail by next Wednesday, now, will I? | 但我现在得等到下周三才能出狱了 是不是 |
[30:34] | Will I? | 是不是 |
[30:36] | What I just saw up there– | 我刚在那边看到的 |
[30:38] | that-that ridiculous woman up there– | 那个可笑的女人 |
[30:40] | was completely avoidable. | 其实完全可以避免 |
[30:42] | O.J., these things happen. | OJ 这都是常事 |
[30:43] | Oh, don’t give me that “Shit happens” routine, Bob. | 少来这套”这都是常事”的腔调 鲍勃 |
[30:48] | On the… on the football field, | 不管是在球场上 |
[30:51] | in life, in my businesses, | 还是生活中 亦或是生意里 |
[30:52] | when I see an absence of performance, I deal with it. | 一旦发现表现欠佳 我就立刻处理 |
[30:56] | I deal with it harshly and directly. You know why? | 而且下手又准又狠 你知道为什么吗 |
[30:58] | ‘Cause I’m for real. Hear me? | 因为我是来真的 明白吗 |
[31:01] | I’m the Juice. | 因为我是果汁 |
[31:02] | And when I see an absence, like, | 当我看到不足 比如说 |
[31:04] | a lack of leadership, I lead. | 领导力不足 那我就做领导 |
[31:08] | Now, is that what I’m gonna have to do here? Huh? | 我现在也需要这么做吗 |
[31:13] | Huh? Mr. Johnnie? | 约翰尼先生 |
[31:19] | I want to know… | 我想知道 |
[31:22] | I need to know in advance what you guys are doing. | 我需要提前知道你们的计划 |
[31:26] | You hear me? | 听到了吗 |
[31:28] | I want to know what happens next from now on | 从现在开始我要知道接下来的计划 |
[31:29] | so I can weigh in on it. | 这样我才能提出自己的意见 |
[31:31] | Well, I’m sure that Johnnie’s associates | 我相信约翰尼的助理 |
[31:33] | will arrange a briefing for you every day. | 会每天为你作简报的 |
[31:34] | All right, okay, fine. | 那好的 就这样 |
[31:35] | Y’all go. I’m done with you. | 你们走吧 我说完了 |
[31:36] | When I have pent-up anger, what I use is boxing… | 我有火压着的时候 喜欢打拳发泄 |
[31:38] | When I want to hear from you I’ll rattle my zipper. | 我想听你说的时候自然告诉你 |
[31:40] | Now get the hell out of here, Bob. | 现在给我滚吧 鲍勃 |
[31:52] | What do you really want, Marcia? | 你到底想弄什么样的 玛莎 |
[31:55] | I’ll do anything for you. | 我什么都能做 |
[31:56] | Something different. | 想要点不一样的东西 |
[31:59] | Softer. | 软一点的 |
[32:01] | I’ve never had to think about anything like this before, so… | 我以前从不需要考虑发型之类的问题 |
[32:05] | I’m a little nervous. | 有点小紧张 |
[32:06] | The only thing you need to be is the best version of yourself. | 你只要做最好的自己 |
[32:09] | And that’s what we’re here to discover. | 我们在此就是为了发掘出最好的你 |
[32:13] | Oh, I’ve got it. | 我想到了 |
[32:16] | I did it for Farrah, | 我之前给法拉剪过 |
[32:17] | and I’m gonna do it for you. | 现在也给你剪一个 |
[32:20] | Farrah? | 法拉 |
[32:21] | World, prepare to meet the new, real Marcia Clark. | 世界 准备好迎接崭新的玛莎·克拉克吧 |
[32:51] | Good morning, my brother. | 早上好 我的兄弟 |
[32:52] | Yeah, about that. | 关于这点 |
[32:54] | Your readers must think these two | 你的读者们肯定觉得 |
[32:56] | are the only black men in the courtroom | 这两个是法庭里 |
[32:57] | – who are trying to do their job. – Oh come on now, Chris. | -唯一在做事的黑人了 -拜托 克里斯 |
[33:00] | No, why the double standard? | 不 为什么要用双重标准呢 |
[33:01] | You don’t think a black prosecutor | 你觉得一个黑人公诉人 |
[33:02] | contributes to the black community? | 就不能为黑人群体做出贡献了吗 |
[33:04] | How? | 怎么做 |
[33:04] | By helping the racist LAPD | 帮助种族歧视的洛杉矶警局 |
[33:06] | enslave a strong black brother up from the ghetto? | 把从贫民窟打拼出来的黑人兄弟沦为阶下囚吗 |
[33:09] | Symbol of success, superstar athlete, entrepreneur… | 成功的象征 明星运动员 企业家 |
[33:12] | Who spends his days playing golf with old white men | 可他白天和白人老头一起打高尔夫 |
[33:15] | and his nights sleeping with young white girls. | 晚上和白人小妹夜夜笙歌 |
[33:17] | I mean, O.J.’s a symbol for getting the hell away | OJ可是拼了命想尽快脱离 |
[33:19] | from other black people as fast as he can. | 黑人群体的标志性人物 |
[33:21] | Whatever. We all have our peccadillos. | 那无所谓 人无完人 |
[33:25] | You miss the point. | 你没说到点子上 |
[33:27] | The police are trying to pull him down and put him in chains, | 警方想把他拉下神坛套上囚链 |
[33:30] | like they do with any black man who rises up. | 就像他们对待其他成功的黑人那样 |
[33:32] | I’m sorry, Dennis, excuse me for interrupting | 不好意思 丹尼斯 原谅我打断 |
[33:35] | this black thing, but come on– | 你们关于黑人的聊天 但拜托 |
[33:38] | cops out to get O.J.? | 警察要拿下OJ |
[33:41] | O.J. hosted pool parties for them. | OJ为他们还举办过泳池派对 |
[33:44] | – Thank you, sir. – Fellas, you all keep not getting it. | -谢谢 先生 -各位 你们还是没懂 |
[33:47] | And you ignore this shit at your own peril. | 你们忽略这事后果自负 |
[33:51] | Oh, Lord. | 老天啊 |
[34:00] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[34:04] | See you guys in there. | 各位里面见 |
[34:10] | God damn– who turned her into Rick James? | 老天 谁把她打造成了瑞克·詹姆斯[美国唱作人] |
[34:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:47] | Good morning, Ms. Clark. | 早上好 克拉克女士 |
[34:49] | I think. | 都认不出来了 |
[35:27] | 《环球时报》: 玛莎的发型判决:有罪 《观察家》: 可怕的卷发 | |
[35:35] | Next. | 下一位 |
[35:43] | I guess the defense is in for one hell of a week, huh? | 辩方这周有的受了 对吧 |
[36:59] | Detective Fuhrman, | 福尔曼警探 |
[36:59] | how do you feel about testifying today? | 你对今天作证感觉如何 |
[37:03] | Good. Maybe a little nervous. | 很好 可能有点紧张 |
[37:05] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[37:06] | Well, a great deal of attention | 因为大部分关注点似乎都不在 |
[37:07] | seems to have been diverted from the evidence | 证据和事实上 |
[37:09] | and the facts into more personal issues. | 而是转向了更私人的问题 |
[37:13] | I couldn’t agree more. | 我非常赞同 |
[37:17] | What did you see when you first arrived at Bundy? | 你们最初来到邦迪现场时看见了什么 |
[37:21] | From the approach we could see the female victim, | 我们在入口处发现了女受害人 |
[37:23] | and there was a great deal of blood | 在铺有地砖的走道缝隙里 |
[37:24] | in the cracks of the tiled walkway. | 有大量血迹 |
[37:26] | Officer Riske used his flashlight to point out several items. | 瑞斯克警官用手电筒指向了几样东西 |
[37:29] | And what did he point out to you, sir? | 他指给你看的是什么 先生 |
[37:31] | Well, the male victim, | 男受害人 |
[37:32] | for one, and an area where he said | 这是其一 还指给我看了个地方 |
[37:34] | there was a knit cap and also a glove. | 他说那里有顶针织帽和一只手套 |
[37:37] | We entered the scene from the rear, | 我们从后门进入了现场 |
[37:38] | as there was so much blood. | 因为前门有太多血迹 |
[37:39] | Not disturbing the evidence was paramount. | 不破坏证据是最重要的 |
[37:42] | It’s a very careful process, isn’t it– | 处理这种犯罪现场 |
[37:45] | dealing with a scene like this? | 要极其小心仔细 对吗 |
[37:47] | Yes, it is, very. | 对 要非常小心 |
[37:48] | It’s methodical and deliberate. | 要按程序谨慎处理 |
[37:51] | And when you entered the rear of the Bundy residence, | 那你进入邦迪大道的房子后门时 |
[37:53] | did these bloody shoe prints | 这些带血的鞋印 |
[37:55] | go all the way out to the alley? | 一直到小路上都有吗 |
[37:56] | They did. | 是的 |
[37:57] | I then noticed a blood smudge | 后来我注意到 |
[38:00] | around the doorknob on the interior of the gate, | 大门里侧的把手周围有血迹 |
[38:02] | as well as a partial possible fingerprint | 以及在把手上发现了 |
[38:05] | around the knob area itself. | 一个疑似指纹 |
[38:06] | And what did you make of that? | 你对此有什么看法 |
[38:08] | What any detective would make of it. | 和任何警探会有的看法都一样 |
[38:10] | Someone had fled the scene, bleeding. | 有人流着血逃离了现场 |
[38:11] | And while Detectives Vannatter and Lange | 范纳特警探和朗警探当时在 |
[38:14] | were at the gate at the Simpson residence on Rockingham, | 辛普森罗金厄姆居所的大门前 |
[38:16] | attempting to reach someone inside, | 试图联系里面的人 |
[38:17] | you noticed the white Bronco? | 你注意到了白色野马车 |
[38:19] | – Is that right? – Yes. It was parked strangely. | -对吗 -对 车停得很奇怪 |
[38:22] | Jutting out. | 停歪了 |
[38:23] | Uh, as I got closer I noticed a small spot | 等我走到车边 注意到驾驶员侧的 |
[38:25] | above the driver’s side door handle. | 门把手上有小块痕迹 |
[38:27] | And what did this spot look like? | 那块痕迹看着像什么 |
[38:29] | It had the visual properties of blood. | 能明显看出是血迹 |
[38:30] | And did you look inside the vehicle? | 那你往车内看了吗 |
[38:32] | I did. | 看了 |
[38:33] | I then noticed a package with a shipping label. | 接着我看到一个贴着货运单的包裹 |
[38:37] | It said “O.J. Simpson”. | 上面写着”O.J.辛普森” |
[38:39] | I then showed Detectives Lange | 然后我把我的发现告诉了 |
[38:40] | and Vannatter what I had observed | 郎警探和范纳特警探 |
[38:42] | and, in discussing the situation, | 在讨论现场情况时 |
[38:43] | we became concerned that it was possible Mr. Simpson himself | 我们开始担心辛普森先生本人 |
[38:47] | might also be in danger. | 或许也有危险 |
[38:48] | Injured, or worse. | 受伤了或更糟 |
[38:51] | Well, that makes total sense. | 那就完全说得通了 |
[38:54] | What did you do in response | 针对你们的合理担心 |
[38:56] | to this reasonable concern? | 你们采取了什么行动 |
[38:58] | I went over the wall and around to the gate | 我翻墙进去 绕到大门 |
[39:00] | and manually opened it. | 手动把门打开了 |
[39:02] | Mr. Kaelin then mentioned that he had heard a crash | 凯林先生随后提到他听见后墙 |
[39:05] | or a thump on his rear wall. | 传来撞击或扑通声 |
[39:07] | He thought it was an earthquake. | 他以为是地震了 |
[39:09] | They should bring Kato back on the show. | 他们该让凯图上节目 |
[39:11] | He was so great. | 他太有意思了 |
[39:13] | All right, all right. | 好了 好了 |
[39:14] | What do you-what do you call a lawyer gone bad? | 你们怎么称呼一个变坏了的律师 |
[39:17] | Senator. | 参议员 |
[39:20] | That’s good. | 精妙 |
[39:21] | All right, okay, that’s… | 好了 好 那… |
[39:24] | Know what that is? | 知道那叫什么吗 |
[39:25] | Lunch. | 午餐 |
[39:29] | No. That, right there | 不对 那边那个 |
[39:31] | is Detective Mark Fuhrman’s tombstone. | 是马克·福尔曼警探的墓碑 |
[39:35] | I’ve already planned his funeral. | 我已经计划好他的葬礼了 |
[39:37] | He’ll be dead and buried | 在他意识到什么击中他之前 |
[39:39] | before he even knows what hit him. | 他已经长眠地下了 |
[39:44] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[39:47] | I’m talking about nigger. | 我在说黑鬼 |
[39:51] | Excuse me? | 你什么意思 |
[39:52] | I’m going to ask that racist son of a bitch Fuhrman | 我要在发过誓的法庭上 |
[39:55] | point-blank in a courtroom under oath | 直接问那个种族主义的杂种福尔曼 |
[39:58] | if he ever uses the word. | 他之前用没用过那个词 |
[40:00] | If he ever has used the word. | 如果他之前确实用过 |
[40:03] | If he denies it, the jury will call bullshit, | 他要是否认 陪审团会认为在撒谎 |
[40:05] | they won’t trust him. | 他们不会相信他 |
[40:07] | If he admits it, it’s even worse. | 他要是承认了 那就更糟 |
[40:09] | Check and mate. | 将死 |
[40:10] | He’ll be chasing teenage shoplifters | 等到圣诞节他就只有去 |
[40:12] | around the Beverly Center by Christmas. | 比弗利购物中心抓少年商店扒手了 |
[40:15] | That’s actually not half bad. | 这主意不错 |
[40:17] | Damn right. | 当然 |
[40:19] | That’s the most powerful word in the English language. | 那是英语中最具威力的词 |
[40:23] | And I’m going to impale him on it. | 我要让他进退两难 |
[40:26] | Well, uh, you just make sure you can walk, Lee. | 那你先保证自己还走得动 李 |
[40:37] | Detective, | 警探 |
[40:39] | could you tell us what you see here? | 能告诉我们这是什么吗 |
[40:43] | These are photographs of the area I was inspecting | 这是我在凯林先生屋后检查时 |
[40:45] | behind Mr. Kaelin’s residence. | 拍下的照片 |
[40:47] | And in them | 照片上 |
[40:48] | is what I then identified as a possible glove. | 是我随后鉴定的疑似手套 |
[40:51] | What did you do then? | 你当时做了什么 |
[40:52] | I approached it | 我走到手套边 |
[40:53] | and I looked at it. | 盯着看了看 |
[40:55] | Did you touch it? | 你碰到手套了吗 |
[40:58] | I didn’t touch it. | 我没有碰到 |
[40:59] | I looked at it. | 我只是盯着看了 |
[41:01] | Could you describe its appearance? | 你能描述下手套是什么样的吗 |
[41:03] | It appeared somewhat moist and sticky. | 看上去有点潮湿 有粘性 |
[41:06] | Parts of it sticking to other parts. | 部分粘在了一起 |
[41:08] | Okay. And what significance did you attach | 好的 那你在看到手套后 |
[41:10] | to the glove when you saw it? | 你觉得它有多重要吗 |
[41:11] | Well, it looked very similar to the glove at the Bundy scene. | 它和邦迪现场发现的那只手套很像 |
[41:15] | And the sticky substance seemed blood-like. | 上面粘性的物质看着很像是血 |
[41:37] | So, Detective, as an MP in the Marine Corps, | 警探 你作为海军陆战队宪兵 |
[41:40] | what were your responsibilities? | 职责有哪些 |
[41:42] | They were varied. | 很多 |
[41:43] | Lot of hacking D and D’s, huh? | 经常要抓醉抓乱吗 |
[41:45] | What does that mean, Mr. Bailey? | 这是什么意思 贝利先生 |
[41:47] | Oh. That means arresting drunk and disorderlies. | 就是逮捕醉汉和捣乱者 |
[41:50] | Sorry, Your Honor. | 对不起 法官大人 |
[41:51] | Slipped into some marine-to-Marine talk there. | 不小心用了陆战队的行话 |
[41:55] | Detective, did you take a glove | 警探 你有没有 |
[41:57] | from the Bundy scene | 从邦迪现场拿走一只手套 |
[41:58] | and then wipe it on the interior of the Bronco? | 然后用它把血迹擦在野马车内 |
[42:01] | – No. – You did not? | -没有 -没有吗 |
[42:03] | No, I did not. | 我没有 |
[42:04] | Couldn’t you have fit this | 你会不会把这个 |
[42:06] | into a plastic bag, then put it in your sock? | 装进塑料袋 藏进袜子里 |
[42:09] | And then place it at Mr. Simpson’s home, | 然后把它放到了辛普森先生的家中 |
[42:11] | so that you could find it? | 好让你能找到它 |
[42:13] | Uh, no. That’s nuts. | 不会 这太疯狂了 |
[42:15] | I object to this line, Your Honor. | 反对 法官大人 |
[42:17] | This has no part in any search for the truth. | 这与调查真相无关 |
[42:19] | That’s not the glove | 这都不是 |
[42:20] | from this case. | 本案中的手套 |
[42:22] | It’s a different size | 尺码不同 |
[42:23] | and a different make. | 材质也不同 |
[42:25] | This seems to be some fantasy woven by the defense, | 看着就是辩方编造的幻梦 |
[42:28] | for which there is no factual or logical basis. | 毫无事实和逻辑根据 |
[42:31] | It’s as dishonest as any number | 和贝利先生的所有策略一样 |
[42:32] | of Mr. Bailey’s tactics have been. | 是信口开河 |
[42:34] | Excuse me? Are you accusing me of lying in courtroom? | 抱歉 你是在指责我当庭撒谎吗 |
[42:38] | How dare you? | 你怎么敢 |
[42:39] | You can’t get away with lying, Mr. Bailey. | 撒谎是逃不过群众的眼睛的 贝利先生 |
[42:40] | Not in this case. | 这次不行 |
[42:41] | There are too many people watching. | 这么多人看着呢 |
[42:43] | Ms. Clark, | 克拉克女士 |
[42:44] | may I please see those gloves that you have over there? | 能让我看看你手上的手套吗 |
[42:59] | This is a Brooks Brothers size small. | 这是布克兄弟牌的小号手套 |
[43:01] | They were out of extra-large, Your Honor. | 他们不卖超大号的 法官大人 |
[43:03] | Size small. | 小号 |
[43:05] | Must be Mr. Bailey’s. | 一定是贝利先生的 |
[43:22] | Let me, uh, state very clearly… | 让我仔仔细细地说清楚 |
[43:25] | and I should point out that if Ms. Clark thinks that hand | 我必须指出 如果克拉克女士认为 |
[43:27] | and this glove would ever work together, | 我的手能戴上这只手套 |
[43:29] | then her eyesight is as bad as her memory. | 那她的视力真是跟她的记忆一样差劲了 |
[43:33] | Your Honor, the prosecution has opened this door | 法官大人 控方故意 |
[43:35] | – rather deliberately… – Mr. Bailey, | -把责任推到… -贝利先生 |
[43:36] | I would advise caution. | 请注意措辞 |
[43:38] | Please continue. | 请继续 |
[43:44] | Lee. | 李 |
[43:49] | I will ask a different question. | 我来换个问题 |
[43:54] | In describing people, Detective Fuhrman, | 福尔曼警探 在形容人的时候 |
[43:56] | do you use the word “Nigger”? | 你会用”黑鬼”这个词吗 |
[44:01] | No, sir. I do not use that word to describe people. | 不 先生 我不会用这词来形容人 |
[44:04] | Have you ever used the word “Nigger” in the past ten years? | 你在过去的十年里 用过这个词吗 |
[44:08] | Not that I recall. No. | 我不记得用过 没有 |
[44:09] | You mean if you called someone a nigger, you have forgotten it? | 你是说即使你用过 你也不记得了 |
[44:12] | I’m not sure I can answer the question | 您这么说 我不确定 |
[44:13] | the way that you phrased it, sir. | 我能回答这个问题 先生 |
[44:15] | Let me put it simply. | 那我说简单点吧 |
[44:16] | Are you saying, under oath, | 你是发过誓的 |
[44:17] | that you have not addressed any black person | 在过去的十年里 |
[44:19] | as a nigger or spoken about black people | 你确定自己从没有用”黑鬼”这个词 |
[44:22] | as niggers in the past ten years, detective Fuhrman? | 形容或谈论黑人 是吗 福尔曼警探 |
[44:25] | Yes. That’s what I’m saying. | 是的 我就是这个意思 |
[44:27] | Oh, my God. This is insane. | 天啊 真是疯了 |
[44:30] | Can he say the word “Nigger” on TV? | 他能在电视上用”黑鬼”这个词吗 |
[44:31] | So then anyone who comes to this court and quotes you | 那如果有人出庭指证你 |
[44:34] | as using that word in dealing with African-Americans | 用过这个词形容非裔美国人 |
[44:36] | would be a liar. | 那他就是撒谎了 |
[44:37] | Would they not, Detective Fuhrman? | 是不是 福尔曼先生 |
[44:38] | Yes, they would. | 是的 |
[44:39] | All of them, correct? | 全部都是撒谎 是吗 |
[44:41] | All of them. | 是的 |
[44:44] | Thank you. No further questions. | 谢谢 没有问题了 |
[44:51] | All right, at this time I would like to recess for lunch. | 好了 现在是午餐休庭时间 |
[44:55] | Court will resume 1:30 PM. | 下午一点半开庭 |
[44:57] | We now stand in recess. | 现在休庭 |
[45:01] | Call up Brokaw. | 打给布罗考 |
[45:02] | I want a one-hour special tonight. | 我要订今晚1个小时的特别节目 |
[45:04] | Prime time. | 黄金时间的 |
[45:06] | – Yeah. – You wanted to see me? | -请进 -你要见我吗 |
[45:08] | Marcia? Y… Close the door please. | 玛莎 请把门关上 |
[45:17] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[45:20] | Have you seen this? | 你看过了吗 |
[45:22] | Fuhrman says he never said the word. | 福尔曼说他从没说过那个词 |
[45:23] | They’ve got nothing on him. | 他们没有福尔曼的把柄 |
[45:23] | No, not-not that. It’s, uh… | 不是那个 是… |
[45:27] | a picture of you on a beach… | 是你在沙滩上的照片 |
[45:30] | naked. | 全裸 |
[45:38] | That’s not possible. | 不可能 |
[45:45] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[45:48] | This is a fake, right? | 是假的 对吧 |
[45:48] | I mean, we can hit ’em with a lawsuit so fast they’ll… | 我们可以马上就告他们… |
[45:50] | No. It’s real. | 不 是真的 |
[45:55] | It’s my ex-husband. | 是我前夫 |
[45:58] | We were on vacation. | 我们当时在度假 |
[46:03] | Gordon did this? | 是戈登干的吗 |
[46:04] | No, I… | 不 我… |
[46:09] | I had a husband before Gordon. | 我在戈登前还结过一次婚 |
[46:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[46:19] | All right, well, listen. We can, uh… | 好吧 听着 我们可以… |
[46:22] | we can… | 我们可以… |
[46:23] | I’m due downstairs. | 我得回楼下出庭了 |
[47:11] | This court… | 本庭 |
[47:13] | will recess until tomorrow at 9:00 AM. | 将于明早9点再次开庭 |
[47:16] | All right, we stand in recess. | 好了 再次休庭 |
[48:18] | I’m not a public personality. | 我不是公众人物 |
[48:22] | This isn’t what I do. | 我不是干这个的 |
[48:26] | I don’t know how to do this. | 我不知道怎么应付 |
[48:29] | And those other guys– they’re… | 别的那些人 他们… |
[48:32] | flashy hot shots. | 都是浮华的大人物 |
[48:35] | They’re used to it. | 他们见怪不怪了 |
[48:37] | But I… | 但我… |
[48:40] | I just can’t take it. | 我承受不了这个 |
[48:44] | You’ll do fine. | 你会没事的 |
[48:45] | No, I won’t. | 不 不会的 |
[48:46] | Yeah, I know it. | 会的 我知道 |
[49:04] | And if it helps any… | 如果这能安慰你的话 |
[49:07] | you do look mighty good in that picture. | 那照片上你还真漂亮 |