时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:14] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[01:16] | Johnnie, I want you to meet everyone. | 约翰尼 这是大家 |
[01:17] | – You know Lee. Alan, – Johnnie, nice to see you. | -你认识李 亚伦 -约翰尼 见到你真好 |
[01:19] | Barry Scheck, and Robert Kardashian. | 巴里·夏克 还有罗伯特·卡戴珊 |
[01:22] | And we have Nate ‘n Al’s. The best. | 还有内特阿尔的菜 他们最棒了 |
[01:25] | We’ve got lox and whitefish. | 有熏鲑鱼和白鲑鱼 |
[01:27] | And this is Carl Douglas and Shawn Chapman. | 这是卡尔·道格拉斯和绍恩·查普曼 |
[01:30] | – They’re working with us. – How are you? | -他们将一同合作 -你们好 |
[01:32] | – Carl, Shawn, welcome. – How do you do? | -卡尔 绍恩 欢迎 -你们好 |
[01:34] | I just want to stress | 我想强调一下 |
[01:35] | how honored and happy we are | 你们的加入 |
[01:37] | to have you join the team. | 令我们倍感荣幸高兴 |
[01:39] | – Yes. – So let’s hit the ground running. | -好 -那我们赶紧开工吧 |
[01:42] | Okay. First question: | 好的 第一个问题 |
[01:45] | who thinks O.J. did it? | 谁认为是OJ干的 |
[01:55] | Me neither. | 我也不认为 |
[01:58] | Uh, thank you, Bob. | 谢谢你 鲍勃 |
[02:00] | Why don’t we talk big picture strategy? | 我们谈谈大局策略吧 |
[02:03] | I’d say our priority at this juncture is the jury. | 我们眼下的首要考虑是陪审团 |
[02:05] | Yes. We know we have a downtown jury, which means | 是啊 陪审团会来自市区 那么 |
[02:09] | – a heavy concentration of African-Americans. – Indeed. | -非裔美国人会局多数 -没错 |
[02:11] | Black men obviously are our allies. | 黑人显然是我们的同盟 |
[02:14] | Mr. Simpson, a hero in the community. | 辛普森先生 是一位社区英雄人物 |
[02:16] | And I’m confident that people will assume | 我确信人们会认定 |
[02:18] | he couldn’t have committed such a ghastly crime. | 他不可能犯下这等可怕罪行 |
[02:20] | But black women, on the other hand, might be a problem. | 但黑人女性 就可能是个问题了 |
[02:24] | They don’t like their men marrying white girls. | 他们不喜欢黑人男子娶白人女孩 |
[02:27] | Is that true? | 是吗 |
[02:29] | Why are you looking at me? | 为什么看我 |
[02:31] | Well, I… | 我… |
[02:32] | But I believe the generalization is accurate. | 但我认为这一概括是准确的 |
[02:35] | Black women resent | 黑人女人讨厌 |
[02:37] | successful black men marrying outside the community. | 成功黑人男士娶外部人士 |
[02:40] | We need to limit that group. | 我们得排除这一群体 |
[02:41] | That analysis is smart. | 这分析很聪明 |
[02:43] | The prosecution thinks they have the upper hand, but they don’t. | 检方认为他们占上风 但并非如此 |
[02:47] | Because we have you. | 因为我们有你 |
[02:48] | And you know how these people think. | 你了解他们如何思考 |
[02:53] | “These people.” | “他们” |
[02:55] | Bob, let me give you a helpful piece of advice. | 鲍勃 我给你点有用建议吧 |
[03:00] | On this case, you need to choose your vernacular | 在这个案子上 你措辞一定得 |
[03:02] | – very, very carefully. – Mea culpa. | -格外小心 -我的错 |
[03:06] | Okay, but the important thing is that we work together. | 好 但重要的是我们得合作 |
[03:07] | When we face the prelim judge, | 当我们上庭面对预审法官时 |
[03:09] | we want to come out swinging. | 我们要重拳出击 |
[03:10] | We concede to nothing. | 丝毫不能让步 |
[03:11] | If Marcia Clark wants to go to the bathroom, we object. | 如果玛莎·克拉克想去上厕所我们也要反对 |
[03:14] | If they say the sky is blue, hearsay. | 他们说天是蓝的 那是道听途说 |
[03:17] | Nothing will be admitted without challenge and provocation. | 无论什么 我们都要质疑 挑衅一番 |
[03:28] | Your Honor, at this time, the State requests a hair sample | 法官大人 检方现在要求获取毛发样本 |
[03:31] | to compare to hairs found at the scene of the crime. | 好与在犯罪现场发现的毛发样本做比对 |
[03:33] | Excuse me, Your Honor. | 抱歉 法官大人 |
[03:35] | We have some grave concerns about this request. | 我们对此请求有很大担忧 |
[03:37] | We would ask that the court limit this sample | 我们请求法庭限制毛发样本数量 |
[03:40] | to only the number of hairs required for testing. | 仅限于用于测试的数目 |
[03:43] | Ms. Clark, how much hair do the People need? | 克拉克女士 检方需要多少毛发样本 |
[03:46] | Well, Your Honor, a typical sample, as I’m sure | 法官大人 我相信辩方也知道 |
[03:49] | the defense is aware, takes hairs | 一般毛发样本是要 |
[03:51] | from each area of the head. | 从头各处提取 |
[03:52] | Five to ten hairs per area, | 每个区域取5到10根毛发 |
[03:54] | amounting to approximately 100 hairs. | 总共需要约100根头发 |
[03:55] | – 100 hairs? – This is a standard request, | -100根 -这是标准要求 |
[03:58] | Your Honor. It’s only as many hairs | 法官大人 刑事专家需要 |
[03:59] | as the criminalist needs, to compare hairs from the defendant | 这么多毛发 好将被告的样本 |
[04:02] | with hairs found at the crime sce. | 与在犯罪现场发现的做对比 |
[04:03] | 100 hairs seems unduly invasive. | 100根毛发似乎也太过分了 |
[04:05] | Your Honor, we offer one hair. | 法官大人 我们只给一根毛发 |
[04:07] | – What? – Just a second. | -什么 -等等 |
[04:09] | Excuse me, Your Honor, but this objection is beyond ridiculous. | 抱歉 但法官大人 这反对也太荒谬了 |
[04:12] | They seem to be on some kind | 他们似乎想拿 |
[04:13] | of fishing expedition at my client’s expense. | 我的委托人玩钓鱼 |
[04:15] | Your Honor, this is routine. | 法官大人 这只是常规 |
[04:16] | – 80 hairs. – Five. | -80根毛发 -5根 |
[04:17] | – 50. – Judge, we’re getting nowhere. | -50根 -法官 我们陷入僵局了 |
[04:19] | We request a special hearing on the hair. | 我们要求针对毛发问题举行特别听证会 |
[04:22] | So ordered. I call for a hearing regarding the collection | 好的 我宣布对辛普森先生的毛发提取 |
[04:24] | of Mr. Simpson’s hair. | 进行听证 |
[04:26] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 多谢 法官大人 |
[04:43] | O.J., you got a visitor. | OJ 有人探访 |
[04:54] | Where’s Bob? | 鲍勃呢 |
[04:56] | He had a dinner. | 他有饭局 |
[04:58] | How are you, my brother? | 你怎么样 兄弟 |
[05:00] | “He had a dinner.” | “他有饭局” |
[05:02] | You should’ve seen what I had for dinner. | 你真该看看我晚饭吃了什么 |
[05:03] | I didn’t even know what it was. It was slop. | 都不知道那是什么 黏糊糊一团 |
[05:06] | Then I kept running to the toilet, but my toilet’s clogged up, | 我一直不停地拉肚子 可我厕所又堵了 |
[05:09] | – so you can imagine… – You have to be strong. | -你可以想象 -你得坚强 |
[05:12] | We’re gonna get you out of here. | 我们会把你弄出去的 |
[05:14] | Oh, yeah? Is that what Bob said? | 是吗 鲍勃说的吗 |
[05:15] | No, no, no. That’s what I said. | 不不 这是我说的 |
[05:19] | Look at you. You are a mess. | 看看你 你状态好差 |
[05:22] | You can’t walk into that courtroom like this. | 你不能这个样子走进法庭 |
[05:24] | Everyone’s gonna be watching. | 大家都会盯着你的 |
[05:25] | Everybody thinks I’m guilty. | 大家都觉得我有罪 |
[05:27] | So change their minds. | 那就改变他们的想法 |
[05:30] | Have you forgotten who you are? | 你忘记自己是谁了吗 |
[05:33] | These walls around you don’t change that. | 这监狱并不能改变这一点 |
[05:36] | You know what you mean to people? | 你知道你对别人有怎样的意义吗 |
[05:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:50] | Well, then let me tell you what you were once | 那我告诉你 你曾经对我 |
[05:54] | to me. | 有怎样的意义 |
[05:59] | 1978. I just left private practice, | 1978年 我刚离开私人律所 |
[06:03] | gone back to the L.A. D.A., | 回到了洛杉矶地方检察院 |
[06:05] | gonna be the first black assistant attorney in office. | 本来要成为首个黑人助理检察官 |
[06:09] | Gonna change things from the inside. Shit. | 想从内部改变现状 他妈的 |
[06:13] | That wasn’t happening. Same old shit, | 但现实并非如此 什么都没有改变 |
[06:15] | same rigged system. | 体制还是那么腐败 |
[06:18] | Feeling powerless for the first time in my life. | 我这辈子第一次觉得无力 |
[06:21] | And then, my first marriage blows up in my face. | 然后 我第一段婚姻结束了 |
[06:27] | My children won’t talk to me. | 我的孩子不肯跟我说话 |
[06:29] | I’m a failure at work, I’m a failure at home. | 事业家庭双双陷入低谷 |
[06:31] | I was down, brother. I was way down. | 我很消沉 兄弟 非常消沉 |
[06:34] | Sunday, sitting on my bed, | 周日 坐在我的床上 |
[06:36] | surrounded by dead-end paperwork and divorce lawyer bills, | 身边都是毫无用处的文件和离婚律师的账单 |
[06:40] | drinking beer– all right, | 喝着啤酒 |
[06:41] | maybe a little bit too much beer– feeling sorry for myself, | 或许喝的有点多 自怨自艾 |
[06:44] | watching a football game all alone, | 一个人看着橄榄球赛 |
[06:46] | crappy TV. 49ers versus the Falcons. | 电视很差劲 49人队对猎鹰队 |
[06:48] | What I saw you do on that field that day, | 我那天看到你在场上的表现 |
[06:53] | somehow, as I was watching, | 不知为何 我看的时候 |
[06:55] | it became as if you were running for me. | 感觉好像你在为我而狂奔 |
[06:58] | Driving up that field, crowded with adversity and obstacles, | 在场上横冲直撞 周围是对手和障碍 |
[07:02] | getting knocked on your ass | 被人击倒 |
[07:04] | and then popping right back up again. | 然后又蹦了起来 |
[07:06] | See, that’s what I wanted | 这就是我 |
[07:07] | to do out there on them streets, back home | 想在这世上做的 |
[07:09] | with my troubles there but couldn’t. | 想对家里的烦恼做的 但做不到 |
[07:11] | But you, you, you, | 但是你 是你 |
[07:14] | you willed | 你靠意志 |
[07:16] | what you needed to do into being with nothing but grace. | 把你需要做的 变成了一种恩泽 |
[07:22] | I scored a touchdown that day. | 我那天触地得分了 |
[07:23] | You did. And when they cut away | 是啊 他们切广告时 |
[07:25] | to the commercial, there you were again, | 你又出现了 |
[07:27] | leaping through the airport for Hertz, | 为赫兹的广告在机场飞跃 |
[07:29] | breaking another barrier with charisma, humor, intelligence. | 靠魅力 幽默和智慧冲破又一重障碍 |
[07:33] | A black man as the public face | 一个黑人是这世界上 |
[07:38] | for one of the world’s biggest corporations. | 最大公司之一的脸面 |
[07:43] | We lost that game. | 那场比赛我们输了 |
[07:46] | I don’t remember that. | 我不记得了 |
[07:48] | I remember everything else about that game but not that. | 我记得那场比赛其他的一切 但不记得比分了 |
[07:51] | Because it didn’t have nothing to do with what touched me. | 因为那不是触动我的地方 |
[07:53] | And when the game was over, I got the hell up off that bed | 当比赛结束 我从床上起来 |
[07:57] | and jogged the six blocks back to my office | 跑了六个街区回到我办公室 |
[08:00] | and got right back to work | 立刻继续开始工作 |
[08:02] | and haven’t stopped and wallowed in self-pity since that day. | 自那天之后 再没停止过 也没自怨自艾过 |
[08:06] | You did that for me. | 这是你对我的影响 |
[08:10] | Just like you’ve done for so many others, | 你对很多其他人也有过这样的影响 |
[08:11] | because you are O.J. Simpson. | 因为你是OJ·辛普森 |
[08:13] | You are O.J. Simpson | 你是OJ·辛普森 |
[08:16] | and you are an inspiration. | 你就是一种激励 |
[08:21] | I am. | 是啊 |
[08:22] | – You are. – An inspiration. | -没错 -激励他人 |
[08:23] | – An inspiration. That’s who you are. – Yeah. Yeah. | -激励他人 你就是这样 -是的 |
[08:28] | You’re a man who loves people, who people love right back. | 你是个热爱人民 人民也热爱的人 |
[08:30] | That’s you. | 这就是你 |
[08:32] | You’re a fighter. | 你是个斗士 |
[08:33] | You’re a runner. And when you get knocked down, | 你是个奔跑者 你被击倒后 |
[08:36] | I need you to pop right back up like you know you can | 我需要你立刻站起来 你知道你能行 |
[08:40] | and keep going, cause this right here, | 你得继续前进 因为这次 |
[08:42] | this right here, | 这一次 |
[08:44] | O.J. Simpson, | OJ·辛普森 |
[08:46] | is the run of your life. | 你要为生命奔跑 |
[09:13] | Come in. Come in. Shut the door. | 进来 进来 关上门 |
[09:14] | Lance, why did you drag me out here | 兰斯 你干吗大白天 |
[09:16] | in the middle of the day? | 叫我过来 |
[09:17] | I’ve got some big news. Very big. | 我有大消息 重大消息 |
[09:21] | They assigned me Simpson. | 他们把辛普森分配给我了 |
[09:23] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[09:26] | Yep, yep, yep. | 是啊 |
[09:27] | Cecil said that they considered a number of candidates | 西塞尔说他们考虑了好几个人 |
[09:29] | and that I was the best choice. He said I have integrity, | 认为我最合适 他说我为人正直 |
[09:31] | an open mind, and a strong backbone. | 思维开阔 而且很有骨气 |
[09:34] | “Strong backbone.” I like that. | “很有骨气” 我喜欢 |
[09:38] | You’ll be under a lot of scrutiny. | 你会受到很多关注 |
[09:40] | I’m not intimidated. What’s important | 我不怕 重要的是 |
[09:43] | is that this jury gets the full picture. | 让陪审团了解一切信息 |
[09:45] | This trial needs to be pure truth school. | 这场审判得完全基于事实 |
[09:47] | Let them see all the available facts | 让他们看到一切已有事实 |
[09:48] | so they make the right decision. | 好做出决定 |
[09:50] | You need to fill out the usual spousal conflict form. | 你得填常规配偶冲突表 |
[10:09] | Nope. Nothing rings a bell. | 没有 没有认识的 |
[10:19] | I’m so proud of you. | 我真为你骄傲 |
[10:22] | As you were, Captain York. | 去吧 约克警监 |
[11:05] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[11:08] | Court is now in session, | 法庭现在开庭 |
[11:10] | the Honorable Lance A. Ito presiding. | 尊敬的兰斯·A·伊藤法官上庭 |
[11:23] | You may be seated. | 各位请坐 |
[11:32] | Mr. Simpson. | 辛普森先生 |
[11:37] | Are you ready to enter a plea at this time? | 你是否准备好做出抗辩 |
[11:40] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[11:42] | And how do you plead to counts one and two? | 你如何对第一和第二项罪名提出抗辩 |
[11:46] | Absolutely 100% not guilty. | 绝对无罪 |
[12:03] | I love Johnnie, it’s just… | 我喜欢约翰尼 只是 |
[12:05] | we have to keep our eyes on him. | 我们得盯紧他 |
[12:07] | Johnnie’s an excellent trial lawyer. | 约翰尼是很棒的庭审律师 |
[12:08] | He can sense all the potholes. | 他能嗅出各种陷阱 |
[12:10] | That’s irrelevant. I don’t want him putting ideas | 与这无关 我不希望 |
[12:12] | into O.J.’s head. I mean, the truth is, | 他给OJ灌输想法 事实就是 |
[12:14] | we both know there’s only one way out of this case. | 我们都知道这案子只有一条出路 |
[12:18] | Come on, Bob, we’re just getting started. | 拜托 鲍勃 我们这才开始 |
[12:20] | We want to have a little fun. | 我们总得玩玩 |
[12:21] | No, it’s my job to serve the client, | 不 我的职责是服务于客户 |
[12:23] | and the reality is, it’s not winnable. | 现实就是 这案子赢不了 |
[12:27] | Johnnie is here to make Gil nervous enough | 约翰尼是来让吉尔 |
[12:29] | to cut us a deal. | 怕到来跟我们交易的 |
[12:32] | You really think he will? | 你真觉得他会吗 |
[12:35] | The race card’s sticking, | 种族歧视这张牌很好使 |
[12:36] | and Johnnie equals LAPD injustice, | 约翰尼等于洛杉矶警局的不公 |
[12:39] | and Gil doesn’t want to see the city burn down again. | 吉尔不希望整个城市再次陷入一片火海 |
[12:43] | Here you gentlemen go. Eggs Benedict… | 两位先生请 火腿蛋松饼 |
[12:46] | and steak and frittata. | 牛排菜肉馅煎蛋饼 |
[12:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:50] | And enjoy. | 慢用 |
[12:51] | Well, then… | 那好吧 |
[12:52] | to whom do I invoice my hours? | 我该给谁寄发票 |
[12:58] | Who should I bill? | 我该给谁寄账单 |
[13:00] | Lee, you’re pro bono. | 李 你是无偿服务 |
[13:05] | Could I offer either of you Tabasco or… | 二位是否需要塔巴斯科辣酱 |
[13:06] | No, we’re fine. | 不用了 |
[13:10] | Bob… | 鲍勃 |
[13:13] | may I remind you, I was your first call. | 别忘了 我是你第一个找的人 |
[13:17] | I like this case for you. I really do, Lee. | 我希望你加入这桩案子 真的 李 |
[13:19] | It’s a terrific way to get back in the limelight, | 这样重回公众视线太棒了 |
[13:22] | reintroduce yourself to the public. | 让大家重新认识你 |
[13:25] | I don’t need reintroducing. | 我不需要”重回” |
[13:28] | I’m F. Lee Bailey. | 我是F·李·贝利 |
[13:29] | I represented Sam Sheppard, Patty Hearst, | 我代理过萨姆·谢泼德 帕蒂·赫斯特 |
[13:32] | the goddamn Boston Strangler. | 甚至波士顿绞杀犯[连环杀人狂] |
[13:34] | That’s-that’s a long time ago. | 那是很久以前了 |
[13:36] | Look at the bright side– this could be | 往好处想 这可能会是 |
[13:38] | the most high-profile criminal case | 史上最受关注的 |
[13:40] | in the history of the world. | 一起刑事案件 |
[13:41] | And O.J.’s easily the most famous American | OJ也很可能将是美国史上 |
[13:44] | ever to be put up for murder. | 因谋杀受审的最有名的人 |
[13:45] | It’s a different world, Lee. | 世界变了 李 |
[13:47] | I mean, the old days, you’d turn on TV, | 在早先 你打开电视 |
[13:49] | 6:00 p.m., the news, and now it’s 24 hours a day. | 晚上六点播新闻 现在是全天候了 |
[13:51] | I have insomnia. I wake up at 3:00 a.m. | 我有失眠症 凌晨3点醒来 |
[13:53] | I turn on cable, and boom, there we are. | 打开有线电视 新闻还在播 |
[13:57] | Trust me… | 相信我 |
[13:58] | you’ll dine out on this for the rest of your life. | 这事是你余生的饭票 |
[14:04] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:05] | But Patty Hearst paid. | 但帕蒂·赫斯特付钱了 |
[14:13] | Nicole was my everything. | 妮可是我的一切 |
[14:15] | You know? She was my… | 知道吗 她是我的 |
[14:17] | confidant, my spiritual sister. | 密友 我的灵魂姐妹 |
[14:21] | You know, now there’s just such a-a void | 而现在只剩下了空洞 |
[14:24] | in my life without her. I went to a psychic, | 我的生命中没有了她 我去见过灵媒 |
[14:26] | and… she said, “Nicole wants you… | 她说 “妮可希望你 |
[14:30] | to write a book.” | 写本书” |
[14:32] | But I don’t want it to be exploitative. | 但我不想借此发财 |
[14:34] | – Oh, no, no. – I mean, o-of course not. | -当然 -当然了 |
[14:38] | But we need to move fast– | 但我们得快点行动 |
[14:40] | we have to get to press in two weeks. | 我们得两周内开印 |
[14:43] | Uh, Faye, just to– here– | 法耶 给 |
[14:45] | just to give a general sense, could you give me an overview | 大致说说 你和妮可 |
[14:47] | of your times with Nicole? | 相识的这段时间 |
[14:49] | Oh, Nicole was a wonderful person. | 妮可是个很棒的人 |
[14:53] | She was a terrific mother. | 她是个好妈妈 |
[14:55] | We need to stress that. | 我们得强调这点 |
[14:56] | We had wonderful times together. | 我们在一起的时光很愉快 |
[14:58] | We… | 我们… |
[15:00] | we’d go clubbing and… | 我们一起去夜店 |
[15:02] | go to parties and, | 去派对 |
[15:03] | you know, Starbucks. | 星巴克啊 |
[15:05] | Sometimes do a little cocaine. | 有时候嗑点可卡因 |
[15:07] | – We loved to eat at La Scala. – Cocaine? | -我们喜欢去斯卡拉吃饭 -可卡因 |
[15:11] | – Really? – I’m trying to manage it. | -是吗 -我在尽量控制 |
[15:15] | There’s no good time to find out | 自己的好朋友被杀 |
[15:16] | your best friend’s been murdered, | 这一天永远不是什么好日子 |
[15:17] | but particularly not three days | 但可卡因治疗刚过三天 |
[15:18] | into cocaine treatment. | 这是个尤其糟糕的时间点 |
[15:21] | Did you know Nicole had breast implants? | 你知道妮可隆过胸吗 |
[15:24] | It was O.J.’s idea, but I’ll be honest with you, she loved them. | 是OJ的主意 但老实说 她可喜欢了 |
[15:27] | What else can I tell you about Nicole? | 关于妮可我还能说什么呢 |
[15:32] | She loved to give a Brentwood Hello. | 她喜欢打布伦特伍德式的招呼 |
[15:35] | I’m sorry, a “Brentwood Hello”? | 不好意思 布伦特伍德式问候是什么 |
[15:37] | It was a little joke we had. | 是我们之间的一个玩笑 |
[15:42] | Where she would go into… | 也就是当男人睡觉的时候 |
[15:44] | a guy’s bedroom while he was asleep, | 她偷偷进到房间 |
[15:46] | and, you know… | 然后 你懂的 |
[15:49] | give… | 给对方 |
[15:50] | go down on him. | 来个口活什么的 |
[15:58] | We are gonna sell a lot of books. | 我们打算大量销售这本书 |
[16:00] | In a very non-exploitive way, of course. | 当然不是赚死人的钱 |
[16:07] | A.C. maintains that he was trying to keep OJ alive, | AC坚持说 他所做的是为了让OJ活下来 |
[16:10] | but the evidence says O.J. was planning to cross into Mexico. | 但证据显示 OJ曾计划逃到墨西哥 |
[16:13] | I mean, he was carrying his passport, | 他当时带着护照 |
[16:15] | disguise kit with fake beard and moustache, | 还有变装的用的假胡须 |
[16:17] | makeup adhesive, | 化妆用的粘合剂 |
[16:18] | and $8,700 in cash. | 以及8700美元现金 |
[16:21] | Who takes a passport to his wife’s grave? | 谁会把护照带到自己妻子的墓地 |
[16:23] | God, are they guilty. What does Kardashian say? | 天 他们绝对有罪 卡戴珊怎么说 |
[16:25] | We’re screwed on Kardashian– now he’s O.J.’s lawyer, | 卡戴珊我们搞砸了 他现在是OJ的律师 |
[16:28] | so he’s privileged, he doesn’t have to talk. | 所以他现在有特权 可以一句话不说 |
[16:30] | But it doesn’t matter– we got plenty. | 不过没关系 我们证据多着呢 |
[16:32] | Uh, tell me about the Bahamas. | 跟我说说巴哈马那边的情况 |
[16:34] | Well, the couple on the island | 岛上的一对情侣反映 |
[16:35] | heard talk about a chartered yacht. | 他们听说有一艘租的游艇 |
[16:37] | The crew was expecting O.J. On the 18th. | 原本说OJ18号会到 |
[16:39] | – The day after the Bronco? – Yeah. | -开野马逃亡的第二天吗 -是的 |
[16:41] | So O.J. Was gonna fly out of Mexico the night of the 17th. | 所以17号晚OJ打算坐飞机离开墨西哥 |
[16:44] | Damn, this feels good. | 天 这证据太棒了 |
[16:55] | I just, I can’t, really… You know what? | 我不能 真的 这样吧 |
[16:57] | I’m gonna have to call you back. I got to call you back. | 我必须得挂了 我过会给你回电话 |
[17:00] | Hello. Hi. | 你好 你好 |
[17:02] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[17:04] | Come on in. Have a seat. | 进来吧 请坐 |
[17:21] | I’m glad you were both able to find time to come down. | 很高兴你们俩能抽时间过来 |
[17:25] | It’s good for us to get to know each other. | 相互了解下对方对我们来说有好处 |
[17:36] | I know what you’re going through. | 我理解你们现在的处境 |
[17:37] | Do you?! | 你真的理解吗 |
[17:39] | Do you have a son who was murdered?! | 你有儿子被人杀害了吗 |
[17:43] | Ron is dead! | 罗恩死了 |
[17:46] | And it’s like no one even cares. | 但看起来没有人在乎 |
[17:49] | I turn on the TV, | 我打开电视 |
[17:50] | and it’s just O.J. And Nicole, O.J. And Nicole. | 永远都是OJ和妮可 OJ和妮可 |
[17:53] | It’s like Ron is a footnote… | 感觉罗恩被杀只是这件事情中的 |
[17:55] | to his own murder! | 一个不起眼的注脚而已 |
[17:58] | And if they talk about him, | 甚至人们提到他时 |
[17:58] | they make him seem like some kind of joke! | 都把他看成是一个笑话 |
[18:01] | It’s all so superficial. | 大家都如此肤浅 |
[18:03] | He was a male model, | 他曾是位男模特 |
[18:04] | he was a nightclub promoter, he ran a tanning salon. | 给夜店拉人 他还开了美黑沙龙 |
[18:08] | It’s like they’re trying to tarnish him. | 人们都在试图丑化他 |
[18:11] | Like… | 就像是 |
[18:12] | he… he was asking for it. | 这是他自找的一样 |
[18:22] | You know what he did, | 你知道他在空闲时间 |
[18:23] | in his spare time? | 都做些什么吗 |
[18:26] | He… volunteered… at a clinic | 他在一家 专治脑瘫儿童的诊所 |
[18:28] | for children with cerebral palsy. | 做义工 |
[18:33] | He was a good person! | 他生前是个好人 |
[18:37] | He didn’t drink, he didn’t do drugs. | 他不喝酒 不吸毒 |
[18:39] | He should be celebrated! | 他值得被人追悼 |
[18:41] | Not… this! | 而不是现在这样 |
[18:45] | When the police called | 当警察打电话 |
[18:46] | and… they said Ron had been killed… | 他们告诉我罗恩死了 |
[18:52] | …I assumed it was a car accident. | 我还以为是出了车祸 |
[18:56] | Never in my worst nightmare | 我做梦也想不到 |
[18:58] | could I have imagined | 真相 |
[19:01] | the truth. | 会如此丑陋 |
[19:03] | What this… | 无法想象这个禽兽 |
[19:05] | this monster did to him. | 对他做了些什么 |
[19:11] | Do you have children? | 你有孩子吗 |
[19:16] | Two boys. | 我有两个儿子 |
[19:20] | I pray… that you never have to read an autopsy report | 我祈祷 希望你永远不会收到 |
[19:25] | for your own child. | 你孩子的解剖报告 |
[19:29] | My son’s… last moments | 我的儿子啊 死去的那一刻 |
[19:31] | were filled with such horror… | 内心充满了恐惧 |
[19:35] | and such… | 而且 |
[19:37] | pain. | 非常痛苦 |
[19:39] | He… he was stabbed | 他被捅了 |
[19:40] | so many times. | 那么多刀 |
[19:43] | He was stabbed in his chest, his neck… | 捅向了他的胸口 他的脖子 |
[19:46] | his face… | 他的脸 |
[19:49] | his head, his hands, his stomach… | 他的头 他的手 他的肚子 |
[19:51] | …his thigh. | 他的大腿 |
[19:58] | He was even stabbed… | 甚至他死后 |
[20:02] | after he was dead. | 还挨了刀 |
[20:14] | We are gonna get him. | 我们会给他定罪的 |
[20:18] | You better. | 你最好说到做到 |
[20:30] | In that scenario, he was lying in wait | 在这情况下 当戈德曼拿着 |
[20:32] | when Goldman arrived with the glasses in the envelope. | 装眼镜的信封去那时 OJ就潜伏着 |
[20:37] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[20:38] | Anyway, as Bill and I were discussing, | 总之 我和比尔刚在讨论 |
[20:41] | I’ve decided to take death penalty off the table. | 我们决定不考虑死刑 |
[20:42] | Gil, we can’t do that. | 吉尔 我们不能这么做 |
[20:45] | What he did was unspeakable. | 他所做的事天理难容 |
[20:46] | It’s special circumstances. | 这案子情况特殊 |
[20:48] | – Marcia… – We want death-qualified jurors. | -玛莎 -我们需要支持死刑的陪审团 |
[20:50] | They’re more aggressive, more likely to convict. | 他们更容易被煽动 认定对方有罪 |
[20:52] | We have to be realistic. | 我们必须现实一点 |
[20:53] | – People love O.J. – They’re not gonna love him | -人人都爱辛普森 -看完犯罪现场照片 |
[20:55] | once they see those crime scene photos. | 没人会喜欢他了 |
[20:57] | I have no doubt you’re gonna put him behind bars, | 我非常相信你能将他绳之以法 |
[21:00] | but nobody in America is gonna vote to execute O.J. Simpson. | 但全国没人会支持处决OJ·辛普森 |
[21:04] | Marcia, we can’t even execute Charlie Manson. | 玛莎 我们连查理·曼森都处决不了 |
[21:14] | Great. | 很好 |
[21:17] | Now, how about some good news? Donald Vinson… | 说点好消息如何 唐纳德·文森 |
[21:19] | has offered his services to the case… for free. | 提出要义务协助此案 |
[21:23] | Vinson? | 传说中的文森吗 |
[21:24] | – Oh, come on! We don’t need his help. – Marcia, | -拜托 我们不需要他的帮助 -玛莎 |
[21:27] | Don’s amazing– he practically invented jury research. | 唐很厉害 模拟陪审团就是他发明的 |
[21:29] | It’s not rocket science. | 这又不是什么上天的难事 |
[21:31] | We’re gonna have a downtown jury | 我们的陪审团是城里人 |
[21:33] | which means heavily black, | 大部分是黑人 |
[21:35] | if I can make it black women, we are in good shape. | 如果黑人女性能占多数 情况会很有利 |
[21:36] | And why is that? | 为什么 |
[21:36] | They’ll sympathize with Nicole. | 她们会同情妮可 |
[21:39] | I have handled case after case | 我经手过很多件 |
[21:41] | of battered African-American women. | 非裔美国妇女被家暴的案子 |
[21:42] | I have heard their stories. | 我听过她们的经历 |
[21:44] | They’ll be able to make the connection. | 她们会对此案很有共鸣 |
[21:46] | O.J.’s abuse… led to murder. | OJ先是家暴 导致最后的谋杀 |
[21:49] | Okay, well, you’re probably right. | 好吧 你也许是对的 |
[21:51] | But it doesn’t hurt to be open to outside input. | 但对外开放接受帮助也不会掉块肉 |
[21:54] | Go see Vinson. | 去见见文森 |
[21:59] | So, how about that Bronco chase, huh? | 那么开野马车逃亡的事情你们怎么看 |
[22:02] | Anybody see that? | 有人看新闻了吗 |
[22:04] | I know I did. | 反正我是看了 |
[22:05] | Oh-ho, that was something. | 这事可不得了 |
[22:08] | Okay, so who thinks he’s innocent? | 那有多少人认为他是无辜的 |
[22:19] | Okay. | 好的 |
[22:20] | And who thinks O.J. Simpson committed the murders? | 那有谁认为OJ是杀人凶手 |
[22:29] | Okay. | 好的 |
[22:31] | Holy shit. It’s worse than I thought. | 天啊 比我想象中更糟糕 |
[22:41] | You told the court today | 今天你在庭上说 |
[22:43] | that you left the restaurant at 9:00 p.m., | 你是在晚上九点离开的餐馆 |
[22:46] | and that you knew that because the restaurant was closing. | 因为当时餐馆在打烊 所以你很确定 |
[22:49] | Why did you tell police you were home by 8:30? | 那为什么你告诉警察晚上八点半时你在家 |
[22:53] | Your Honor, I would like to ask the court | 法官阁下 我希望法庭能够 |
[22:55] | to instruct the witness to answer the question. | 要求证人回答他们的问题 |
[23:00] | Give me your impressions of Marcia Clark | 告诉我你们对玛莎·克拉克的印象 |
[23:02] | based on what you’ve seen. | 基于刚才你们看到的 |
[23:05] | Please. Come on. | 快 请说吧 |
[23:06] | And-and I want you to be honest. | 希望大家能说出你们真实的想法 |
[23:10] | – Okay. – Well, she seems like a bitch. | -请讲 -她看着像个婊子 |
[23:16] | She acts like everybody’s stupid. | 她说得好像大家都是弱智一样 |
[23:18] | And she’s strident! | 而且她声音尖死了 |
[23:19] | I wouldn’t want to be her boyfriend. | 我是不会想做她男友的 |
[23:21] | Yeah, a real know-it-all. | 自以为什么都懂 |
[23:23] | She’s shifty. | 她看着不可靠 |
[23:25] | Yes, definitely. | 没错 |
[23:30] | Black women don’t like you. | 黑人女性不喜欢你 |
[23:32] | What? No. | 什么 没有的事 |
[23:34] | No, that’s idiotic. | 不 这太愚蠢了 |
[23:35] | I have tried many, many cases in front of black women and won. | 我在黑人女性前为多起案件辩论 并且胜诉 |
[23:38] | I have a rapport with them. | 我和她们关系很好 |
[23:40] | The data doesn’t bear that out. | 数据显示可不是这样 |
[23:41] | Well, then, your data is horseshit. | 你的数据就是狗屁 |
[23:45] | Some of those black women still write me letters. | 那些黑人女性中有的还在跟我写信 |
[23:48] | Well, that’s wonderful anecdotal information. | 这些私事很有意思 |
[23:51] | but I think it’d be wise to | 不过我认为最好 |
[23:53] | limit the number of African American women on your jury. | 限制下你的陪审团里非裔女性的人数 |
[23:58] | You might also consider softening your appearance. | 或许你还得考虑让你的外表看上去更柔和 |
[24:01] | Skirts instead of business suits. | 穿裙装 别穿职业装 |
[24:05] | Perhaps a new hairdo. | 换个新发型 |
[24:07] | Maybe try smiling a bit more. | 再多笑点 |
[24:13] | Our focus group | 我们的焦点小组 |
[24:14] | rated the participants on a scale of one to ten, | 根据他们对涉事人的同情度 |
[24:16] | based on how much sympathy they felt. | 按一到十的等级打分 |
[24:18] | Among black women, O.J. Received all nines and tens. | 在黑人女性中 OJ得到的全是9分和10分 |
[24:21] | But Nicole | 而妮可 |
[24:23] | scored sevens, fives and a three. | 得到的是7分 5分还有一个3分 |
[24:26] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[24:27] | The murder victim scored a three? | 被害者得到了一个3分 |
[24:29] | It was all over the cards. | 卡片上都写了 |
[24:31] | You saw the cards? Why didn’t I see the cards? | 你已经看了卡片了 我怎么还没看到 |
[24:34] | Who’s in charge of distributing the cards? | 谁负责分配卡片的 |
[24:35] | Gentlemen, let’s focus on our client. | 先生们 请把重心放在我们的委托人身上 |
[24:37] | Yeah, that’s a novel idea. | 是啊 主意不错 |
[24:39] | I will admit | 不得不说 |
[24:39] | I’m surprised that black ladies liked O.J. So much. | 我没想到黑人女性这么喜欢OJ |
[24:42] | What exactly did they say? | 她们具体说了些什么 |
[24:44] | Oh, it’s very positive. | 非常正面 |
[24:45] | They call O.J. “Handsome,” “Masculine” and “Charming.” | 她们形容OJ帅气 阳刚 有魅力 |
[24:50] | What, what words did they use to describe Nicole? | 她们用了哪些词汇形容妮可 |
[24:56] | Various terms got thrown around. | 各种各样的 |
[24:59] | But one term came up a lot. | 不过有一个出现频率很高 |
[25:01] | “Gold digger.” | “拜金女” |
[25:03] | Gold digger? That’s completely wrong. | 拜金女 这完全不靠谱啊 |
[25:07] | I mean, she wasn’t like that at all. | 她根本不是那样的人 |
[25:09] | I’m just repeating the data. | 我只是在照着数据读 |
[25:11] | Nicole wasn’t a gold digger. | 妮可不是拜金女 |
[25:13] | I mean, I-I knew her. She loved him. | 我了解她 她爱过他 |
[25:19] | Well, they were obsessed with each other. | 他们疯狂迷恋着彼此 |
[25:25] | And she really did love him. | 她真的爱过他 |
[25:28] | They had hot sex. | 他们的性爱火爆至极 |
[25:30] | Which, of course, became a problem | 当然他们分手后 |
[25:32] | after they broke up, because | 这成了一个问题 因为 |
[25:33] | O.J. knew that she needed it all the time. | OJ知道她随时都需要做爱 |
[25:36] | And it absolutely drove him crazy. | 这让他失去理智 |
[25:38] | You know, when she was at that little house on Gretna Green, | 在她住在格雷特纳格林大道上小屋期间 |
[25:41] | he used to hide in the bushes | 他经常躲在草丛里 |
[25:43] | and watch her have sex with other guys. | 看她和其他男人做爱 |
[25:45] | Did she know that O.J. was out there? | 她知道OJ在草丛里吗 |
[25:46] | Of course she did! | 当然 |
[25:49] | She used to love to push his buttons. | 她以前喜欢惹恼他 |
[25:52] | And they were constantly reconciling. | 他们不断和好 |
[25:54] | And then somebody would sleep with someone, | 然后其中一人会出轨 |
[25:55] | and the fighting would start again. | 然后又开始吵架 |
[25:58] | They were really the most undivorced divorced couple | 他们是我见过的最不像离婚了的 |
[26:02] | I think I’ve ever known. | 离婚夫妻 |
[26:11] | Hey, working late? | 加班吗 |
[26:13] | Jury selection begins tomorrow. | 明天就开始选陪审员了 |
[26:15] | They’ve called 900 people. | 他们召集了900人 |
[26:17] | I hear it might be a record. | 听说会创纪录 |
[26:19] | Maybe I’ll make The Guinness Book. | 说不定我会入选吉尼斯呢 |
[26:22] | I’ll probably be here all night, while Bob Shapiro eats dinner | 我多半会通宵在这 而鲍勃·夏皮罗在 |
[26:24] | in some Beverly Hills restaurant I can’t afford. | 比弗利山庄一个我吃不起的餐厅里享用晚餐 |
[26:26] | Well, I’ll make it quick. | 我就长话短说 |
[26:28] | I’m just checking to see where we’re at with Cowlings. | 我是来问问关于考林斯的调查进展如何 |
[26:30] | Oh, Chris. Damn it. | 克里斯 该死 |
[26:33] | I’m sorry. I’m so distracted. | 抱歉 我太心烦意乱了 |
[26:34] | I meant to talk to you. | 我想找你谈的 |
[26:37] | O.J. is swallowing up everything. | OJ案占据了一切 |
[26:40] | And considering the available evidence, | 考虑到现有的证据 |
[26:42] | Gil thinks we should drop the Cowlings investigation. | 吉尔认为我们应该停止对考林斯的调查 |
[26:47] | You’ve done a great job, but… | 你干得很棒 可是… |
[26:50] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[26:55] | Let me buy you a drink. | 我请你喝杯酒吧 |
[27:02] | I only drink tequila. | 我只喝龙舌兰酒 |
[27:10] | There’s a reason you’re the boss-man. | 你当老大是有原因的 |
[27:17] | This trial is so crazy. | 这次庭审太疯狂了 |
[27:20] | Usually people are throwing up every excuse | 通常大家都会找各种理由 |
[27:23] | to get out of serving on a long case, | 来逃避耗时的案子 |
[27:25] | but here, I have to wade through the crackpots | 但本案 我不得不在一堆奇葩 |
[27:27] | and the attention-seekers. | 和渴求关注的人中筛选 |
[27:29] | – How extensive is the voir dire? – It’s endless! | -陪审员预先审查内容有多广泛 -没完没了 |
[27:31] | We are asking 294 questions. | 我们有294道问题 |
[27:34] | There are so many moving parts. | 有太多需要掌握的信息 |
[27:36] | “Have you ever asked a celebrity for an autograph?” | “你有向名人索要过签名吗” |
[27:39] | “Have you ever dated anyone of a different race?” | “你有和不同种族的人交往过吗” |
[27:42] | “Are you a fan of USC football?” | “你是南加州大学橄榄球队的球迷吗” |
[27:45] | There’s a lot of Trojan fans downtown. | 市区有很多特洛伊球迷 |
[27:47] | I’ll deal with them. | 我能应付的 |
[27:52] | Here’s what I see as O.J.’s biggest problem. | 我认为OJ最大的麻烦是… |
[27:54] | That he did it? | 他就是凶手吗 |
[27:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:59] | Here’s what I see as O.J.’s second biggest problem– | 我认为OJ第二大的麻烦是 |
[28:02] | that pileup of egos called “The Dream Team.” | 那个由一伙自负的人组成的”梦幻阵容” |
[28:05] | It’s a dozen alpha dogs in a cage match. | 这就像是一群领头狗在铁笼里争斗 |
[28:07] | They are gonna tear each other up and implode. | 他们会把对方撕烂然后自行瓦解 |
[28:10] | Well… | 这个嘛… |
[28:12] | that may be true for all the white guys, | 也许这适用于那些白人 |
[28:13] | but I wouldn’t be so quick to judge Johnnie. | 至于法官约翰尼 我不会这么早下定论 |
[28:15] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[28:17] | He’s an act. | 他就是在装腔作势而已 |
[28:19] | Those flashy clothes, the preachy speeches. | 那些浮华的穿着 说教的演说 |
[28:22] | How did he score? | 他得分如何 |
[28:23] | What? | 什么 |
[28:24] | How did he score? | 他得分如何 |
[28:28] | Pretty high. | 挺高的 |
[28:29] | Tens from blacks, sixes from whites, | 黑人都给的10分 白人给的6分 |
[28:32] | for a weighted average of eight. | 加权平均值8分 |
[28:34] | And how’d you score? | 那你呢 |
[28:40] | Four. | 4分 |
[28:43] | Ouch. | 真惨 |
[28:53] | I’m being totally honest with you. | 我什么话都跟你说了 |
[28:58] | What am I not seeing? | 什么是我不明白的 |
[29:01] | He’s real. | 他是真实的 |
[29:03] | I mean, Johnnie’s a showboat, | 约翰尼是爱显摆 |
[29:05] | but at the end of the day, he always fights for community. | 不过到头来 他总是为黑人群体而战 |
[29:09] | He talks like a preacher, | 他言谈像个传道者 |
[29:11] | because he goes to church every Sunday. | 因为他每个礼拜天都去教堂 |
[29:14] | When I first started at SID, | 在我刚开始在科学调查处工作的时候 |
[29:16] | if I had a question, he’d always be my first call. | 如果有问题 我总是先找他 |
[29:19] | We were on the same side, just fighting bad cops, | 我们是同一阵营 和污警作斗争 |
[29:22] | just coming at it from different angles. | 从不同角度发起攻击 |
[29:27] | I wouldn’t underestimate him. | 换做是我 我不会低估他 |
[29:34] | I’ll tell you something. I’ve known Bob Shapiro a long time. | 我跟你说 我认识鲍勃·夏皮罗很久了 |
[29:37] | We’re old friends. | 我们是老相识 |
[29:39] | I’m the godfather of his oldest son. | 我是他长子的教父 |
[29:46] | But he does not have the proper… | 但他对我们参与的这起案子 |
[29:48] | appetite for this case we find ourselves on. | 没有太大兴趣 |
[29:53] | You and I are creatures of the courtroom. | 你我是为法庭而生 |
[29:57] | The parries and jabs, the turns of phrase. | 巧妙回避和话中带刺 措辞 |
[30:01] | That’s where a case is won. | 这样才能赢官司 |
[30:05] | Not by settling like a pussy. | 认怂可赢不了官司 |
[30:09] | Johnnie… | 约翰尼… |
[30:11] | we owe it to our client | 我们要对当事人负责 |
[30:14] | to take it to the finish line. | 冲到最后 |
[30:18] | It’s time for you to make a move. | 你该有所行动了 |
[30:51] | This crowd is ridiculous. | 来这么多人太荒唐了 |
[30:52] | It’s like when David O. Selznick cast Scarlett O’Hara | 就像大卫·O.塞尔兹尼克在挑 |
[30:54] | in Gone with the Wind. | 《飘》里的斯佳丽·奥哈拉 |
[30:56] | Hey, it’s the Trial of the Century. | 这可是”世纪大审判” |
[30:58] | Jesus, it’s like they all scored courtside seats | 老天 这好像他们都已经抢到了 |
[31:01] | at a Lakers game. | 湖人队比赛的场边席 |
[31:03] | Somebody better warn them. | 最好提醒一下他们 |
[31:04] | They’re about to be sequestered for half a year. | 他们得有半年不能与外界联系 |
[31:07] | Come to order. | 请保持安静 |
[31:09] | Department 103 is now in session. | 103号庭审现在开庭 |
[31:16] | Welcome to jury selection. | 欢迎来到陪审团挑选现场 |
[31:29] | Welcome to jury selection. | 欢迎来到陪审团挑选现场 |
[31:32] | I have to say, I have never seen | 我得说我还没见过 |
[31:34] | a case quite as unusual as this one. | 如此不同寻常的案子 |
[31:38] | I have no issues with the police. | 我和警察没有过节 |
[31:40] | Uh, one time when my car stalled, | 有一次我的车抛锚了 |
[31:41] | they helped me push it to the side of the road. | 他们帮我把车推到了路边 |
[31:44] | You honor, the defense asks the court to thank | 法官阁下 辩护方请求法庭 |
[31:48] | and excuse perspective juror of 58 | 请下58号待选陪审员 |
[31:52] | Ma’am, | 女士 |
[31:53] | you say on your questionnaire you’ve had | 你在调查问卷上写到你曾多次 |
[31:54] | multiple encounters with the LAPD. | 与洛杉矶警局打过交道 |
[31:57] | Would you describe those as positive or negative? | 你能描述一下是因为好事还是坏事吗 |
[32:00] | What’s worse than negative? | 还有什么比坏事更糟 |
[32:04] | The People ask the court to thank | 公诉方请求法庭 |
[32:05] | and excuse prospective juror number 79. | 请下79号待选陪审员 |
[32:16] | Yeah, what’s-what’s the tally? | 好 这是按什么比例 |
[32:17] | I-I feel they’re targeting too many blacks. | 我感觉他们太针对黑人了 |
[32:20] | It seemed pretty balanced to me. | 我感觉很公平 |
[32:22] | No, no, no, I agree with Johnnie. | 不 不 不 我同意约翰尼说的 |
[32:23] | It’s inappropriate. | 这是不对的 |
[32:24] | I should inform the press. | 我该通知媒体 |
[32:29] | I think a press conference is a good idea. | 我认为开新闻发布会的主意不错 |
[32:32] | Mm. But I don’t think | 可我认为 |
[32:33] | you’re the most ideal person to… | 你不是公开谈论 |
[32:36] | to speak out on this issue. | 这个问题的最佳人选 |
[32:58] | I’m the lead attorney. | 我是首席律师 |
[32:59] | I’ll do the press conference. | 就该我召开新闻发布会 |
[33:15] | What the prosecution is doing implies an insidious effort | 公诉方现在所做的是在耍阴招 |
[33:19] | to remove black jurors because they are black. | 仅因黑人的身份就不选他们当陪审团 |
[33:26] | Charlie. Hey. | 查理 你好 |
[33:29] | Hey, can you fit me in? | 有空帮我擦擦鞋吗 |
[33:30] | – For you, always, Johnnie. – Beautiful. | -对你永远有空 约翰尼 -太好了 |
[33:33] | Get you a buff or a complete shine today? | 今天是只擦干净还是擦得铮亮 |
[33:35] | Complete shine. I got all the time in the world. | 铮亮 有的是时间 |
[33:39] | Hey, Johnnie. | 约翰尼 |
[33:40] | – You’re still here. – Still here, man. | -你还没走 -没走 伙计 |
[33:42] | You got a minute to talk? | 有空聊一聊吗 |
[33:43] | – I suppose I can fit you in. – All right. | -我想还有空吧 -好 |
[33:49] | Well, we’re really concerned about the tenor | 我们真的很关心公诉人 |
[33:52] | of the prosecution’s questions. | 提问的用意 |
[33:53] | We’re really bothered by the way they go after certain jurors. | 他们询问某些陪审员的方式也令我们担忧 |
[33:58] | You know, ultimately, it’s a… | 你们知道 基本上这是… |
[34:00] | it’s an issue of fairness. | 这是公不公平的问题 |
[34:02] | Fairness for whom. | 对谁公平 |
[34:04] | You have eyes and ears. | 你也看到了 听到了 |
[34:07] | You tell me. | 你说呢 |
[34:11] | 洛杉矶时报 科克伦称 公诉人针对黑人陪审员 | |
[34:12] | This is total bullshit. | 这完全是胡编滥造 |
[34:13] | So what? I’m not worried about whether it’s true. | 那又怎样 我不在乎是不是真的 |
[34:15] | I’m worried about perception. | 我在乎的是会有什么效果 |
[34:17] | The optics. | 刺激眼球而已 |
[34:18] | Yes, the optics. With Cochran taking a larger role, | 对 刺激了眼球 科克伦占了主导 |
[34:21] | I think it might make sense for us to balance out our ticket, | 我认为我们有必要平衡下我们这边的人了 |
[34:24] | stir in a little added flavor. | 加点颜色 |
[34:25] | You mean a black person? | 你是指来个黑人 |
[34:28] | I didn’t say that, Bill. | 我可没说 比尔 |
[34:29] | But it’s not a bad idea. Add a third chair. | 可这主意不错 再加个人进来 |
[34:33] | Sure. Give our team something extra. | 没问题 我们团队也来点特别的 |
[34:36] | We like where we are. | 我们现在这样就很好了 |
[34:37] | Well, I think you should strongly consider what I’m saying. | 你应该认真考虑一下我的话 |
[34:49] | What about Chris Darden? | 克里斯·达登如何 |
[34:58] | Bob, why is this taking so long? | 鲍勃 为什么这么久 |
[35:01] | I missed Halloween, | 我没赶上万圣节 |
[35:02] | didn’t get to take my kids trick-or-treating. | 没能带孩子们去敲门要糖吃 |
[35:04] | Now Thanksgiving’s coming up. | 现在感恩节要到了 |
[35:07] | Holidays are always rough. | 节日总是很伤脑筋 |
[35:09] | What about Christmas? | 那圣诞节呢 |
[35:10] | Well, that’s gonna be hard. | 那会很难熬 |
[35:11] | Excuse me. The judge would like to see | 各位注意 法官有请 |
[35:13] | all counsel in his chambers. | 各位律师去他办公室 |
[35:17] | Counsel, we have a problem. | 律师们 咱们有麻烦了 |
[35:20] | – No. – Oh, my God. | -不 -我的天 |
[35:23] | You’ve got to be kidding. | 开什么玩笑 |
[35:24] | I’m troubled by this. | 这书让我很不安 |
[35:26] | Her book could have major ramifications on jury selection. | 她的书可能会让陪审团评选横生枝节 |
[35:29] | Yes. | 没错 |
[35:29] | This unwarranted publicity | 这种毫无根据的宣扬 |
[35:31] | could make it impossible for Mr. Simpson to get a fair trial. | 可能让辛普森先生无法得到公平的审判 |
[35:34] | Oh, come on, Bob. | 得了吧 鲍勃 |
[35:35] | How do we know that this book would prevent a fair trial? | 你怎么知道这书就会妨碍公平审判了 |
[35:37] | No one’s even read the damn thing. | 根本没人读这玩意儿 |
[35:39] | I said “Could,” Marcia. | 我是说”可能” 玛莎 |
[35:42] | All right, well, why don’t we order up some copies? | 好了 不如买几本来看看吧 |
[35:44] | I will temporarily suspend jury selection. | 我将暂时中止陪审团评选 |
[36:02] | This is how she pays tribute to her friend. | 她就是这样缅怀她朋友的 |
[36:04] | They’re doing coke on every other page. | 每隔一页都有她们吸毒的描写 |
[36:08] | I’ll never think of Brentwood the same way again. | 我再也无法直视布伦特伍德这个词了 |
[36:24] | This is bad. | 情况不妙 |
[36:25] | This is very bad. | 非常不妙 |
[36:26] | Faye’s got it all wrong. That’s not true. | 法耶全搞错了 这不是真的 |
[36:28] | That’s not true. | 这不是真的 |
[36:32] | Okay, that’s true. | 好吧 是真的 |
[36:33] | She’s a liar! Faye says Nicole had | 她是个骗子 法耶说妮可 |
[36:36] | six abortions so she wouldn’t have another kid with me. | 堕了六次胎 就是不想再怀我的孩子 |
[36:38] | Nicole would never do that. | 妮可绝不会那么做 |
[36:40] | I can’t read this shit. | 这破玩意儿我读不下了 |
[36:41] | I wouldn’t lose sleep. The book is trash. | 我倒是不担心 这就是本垃圾 |
[36:45] | Be forgotten in a week. | 一周内就会被人们忘掉 |
[36:47] | Lesbian sex, 197. | 女同恋 197页 |
[36:49] | What? | 什么 |
[36:53] | Judge Ito told us not to read | 伊藤法官告诉我们不要 |
[36:55] | the book, but we clearly did not listen. | 读这本书 但显然我们没听 |
[36:58] | Tonight we welcome the author | 今晚我们邀请到 |
[36:59] | of the New York Times No.1 best seller, Faye Resnick. | 《纽约时报》最畅销书作者 法耶·雷斯尼克 |
[37:04] | Faye, how are you? | 法耶 你好 |
[37:06] | Well, I just hope Lance Ito | 我只希望兰斯·伊藤 |
[37:09] | is a better judge than he is a book critic. | 做法官能比他评论书更在行 |
[37:12] | What do you want readers | 你希望读者们 |
[37:13] | to take away from this book? | 从书中读出什么 |
[37:17] | I told Nicole’s story… | 我说出了妮可的故事 |
[37:19] | so that women could break the chain of violence. | 这样女人们就能冲破暴力的枷锁 |
[37:24] | If this book can inspire one wife | 这本书要是能激励一位已婚妇女 |
[37:27] | or one girlfriend to… | 或一位恋爱中的女性 |
[37:30] | to escape an abusive relationship… | 摆脱满是虐待的关系 |
[37:34] | then any embarrassment I’ve endured | 那我遭受的所有窘迫 |
[37:36] | is… it’s a small price to pay. | 都只是小小的代价 |
[37:41] | All right, counsel, | 好了 律师们 |
[37:42] | All right, counsel, I’ve come to a conclusion. | 好的 律师们 我已经得出结论了 |
[37:43] | After careful reading and annotation | 在对雷斯尼克小姐的书进行仔细 |
[37:46] | of Ms. Resnick’s book, I am prepared | 阅读和注解之后 我已准备好 |
[37:47] | to resume jury selection tomorrow. | 继续明天的陪审团成员挑选工作 |
[37:49] | Oh, in all due deference, Your Honor, | 法官大人 绝无冒犯之意 |
[37:51] | Mr. Simpson has been unfairly tried in the media. | 但辛普森先生已遭媒体的不公平审判 |
[37:54] | The well has been polluted. | 这口井已经被污染了 |
[37:55] | Let’s postpone the trial till next year | 我们还是把庭审推迟到明年 |
[37:58] | and allow Mr. Simpson to be released on bail. | 并允许辛普森的假释 |
[38:00] | O.J. Simpson is being tried in the media because of you. | OJ·辛普森被媒体审判正是因为你 |
[38:03] | You’re the one who created this circus. | 你才是那个制造话题的人 |
[38:05] | I am in no way responsible | 我与此案件的媒体焦点 |
[38:06] | for the media circus around this case. | 绝无半点关系 |
[38:08] | Judge, seriously, they can’t go five minutes | 法官 说真的 他们五分钟不开 |
[38:11] | without holding a press conference. | 新闻发布会都不行 |
[38:12] | They leaked the Fuhrman story. | 福尔曼的事就是他们泄露的 |
[38:14] | They play the race card. | 种族这张牌也是他们打的 |
[38:16] | I would never. | 我肯定不会这么做 |
[38:17] | I hold myself to the highest ethical standards. | 我一直以最高职业道德要求自己 |
[38:20] | I would never reduce myself to such cheap tricks. | 绝不会自降身价用这种低级的把戏 |
[38:22] | – Bob, calm down. – No, no, Lee, Lee. I’m very upset. | -鲍勃 淡定点 -不 李 我非常焦躁 |
[38:24] | These claims should be sanctioned. | 这些言论应该被制裁 |
[38:26] | How dare they say that we play the race card. | 他们怎么敢说我们在拿种族说事儿 |
[38:29] | I stand before you right now | 我现在就站在你面前告诉你 |
[38:31] | and say race has never and will never | 种族问题以前不是 将来也绝不会是 |
[38:33] | be an issue in this case. | 这个案子的话题之一 |
[38:35] | Never. | 绝对不会 |
[38:37] | Bob. | 鲍勃 |
[38:38] | It is not that simple. | 事情没这么简单 |
[38:40] | This is the United States of America, | 这里是美利坚合众国 |
[38:42] | and we are defending a black man | 而我们在为一个黑人辩护 |
[38:45] | who is fighting to prove his innocence. | 而这个黑人又努力要证明自己的清白 |
[38:46] | Now, I know I don’t have to give anyone here a civics lesson | 我知道我不用给这里的任何一位上一堂公民课 |
[38:51] | about the historic injustices visited upon black men | 说黑人就因为他们的肤色 |
[38:54] | for no other reason other than they’re black. | 而遭受不公平对待的历史 |
[38:55] | We didn’t introduce that into this trial. | 我们没有刻意将这个问题引入到这次庭审中来 |
[38:57] | We didn’t introduce that into this case. | 我们也没有刻意将其引入到此案中 |
[38:59] | It is a plain and simple fact. | 它只是个直白而又简单的事实罢了 |
[39:02] | But we would not be doing our job | 但如果我们都没有指出 |
[39:04] | if we did not at least talk about how race | 种族问题在这场庭审中有什么影响的话 |
[39:07] | plays a part in this trial. | 那是我们的失职 |
[39:09] | Now, if that is playing the race card… | 所以 如果这也算打种族牌的话 |
[39:14] | So be it. | 那随你们怎么说 |
[39:22] | Johnnie… | 约翰尼… |
[39:23] | don’t ever contradict me like that again. | 别再这样反驳我 |
[39:26] | You contradict yourself, Bob. | 是你自相矛盾 鲍勃 |
[39:28] | You change narratives like the wind. | 你说的话变的比风还快 |
[39:31] | We all have longer memories than your previous sound bite. | 我们的记忆可比你那段采访原声要长 |
[39:39] | F. Lee Bailey, I’m really glad you’re here, | F·李·贝利 真高兴你来了 |
[39:42] | ’cause the media has been filled, | 因为现在媒体的报导 |
[39:43] | filled with accounts of defense team infighting. | 满篇都是辩护团队的内斗 |
[39:47] | So can you shed some light on the situation? | 所以你可以讲讲现在的情况吗 |
[39:49] | Larry, these stories, where they emanate from, | 拉里 这些故事 它们的源头 |
[39:52] | I really can’t imagine. | 我真的无法想象 |
[39:53] | This is a tremendous, | 这是一个非常庞大 |
[39:56] | tremendous group of attorneys. | 非常庞大的辩护律师团 |
[39:58] | Yourself included. | 你自己也在里面 |
[40:00] | You’re very kind. | 你真善良 |
[40:01] | Well, so, pardon my confusion, | 所以 原谅我的困惑 |
[40:04] | but who the hell is in charge? | 但这辩护团到底归谁管 |
[40:06] | Oh, Bob Shapiro is the lead attorney, | 鲍勃·夏皮罗是首席律师 |
[40:09] | make no mistake. | 别搞错了 |
[40:10] | All that sniping in the media | 媒体中种种抨击 |
[40:13] | that says Bob Shapiro | 说鲍勃·夏皮罗 |
[40:15] | is in over his head, | 已经穷途末路的 |
[40:16] | Bob Shapiro is an empty suit, | 说鲍勃·夏皮罗只是个空架子的 |
[40:19] | Bob Shapiro can’t handle a case of this magnitude. | 鲍勃·夏皮罗不能处理这种重量级案件的 |
[40:22] | Well, that twaddle is truly unfortunate. | 这种废话真的非常令人不快 |
[40:25] | So you are in a coherent… | 所以你是… |
[40:27] | Well, then don’t say it, asshole. | 知道不好听就别说啊 混蛋 |
[40:29] | Fuck! | 妈的 |
[40:36] | We’re in terrific shape. | 我方形势一片大好啊 |
[40:37] | We targeted for four black women, we got five. | 我们瞄了四个黑人 得了五个 |
[40:40] | We should stop now. | 该停手了 |
[40:42] | You know, I have to agree with Bob. | 我同意鲍勃 |
[40:44] | No… No, we can do better. | 不… 别 我们可以做得更好 |
[40:48] | I’m feeling lucky– I want another | 我觉得现在手气不错 还想再要一名 |
[40:50] | divorced black lady. | 离异的黑人女性 |
[40:53] | Let’s push in our chips. | 再来赌一把 |
[40:55] | Your Honor, the defense asks that the court thank | 法官大人 辩方希望庭上 |
[40:58] | and excuse prospective juror number 35. | 能请35号陪审员候选人回避 |
[41:03] | Juror 35, | 35号陪审员 |
[41:04] | you are excused. | 你可以离席了 |
[41:18] | Juror 462. | 462号陪审员 |
[41:25] | Juror 462. | 462号陪审员 |
[41:36] | I’d like 229. | 我想要229号 |
[41:38] | She has an open mind. She had a great questionnaire. | 她思想开放 调查问卷结果也很出色 |
[41:41] | Marcia, we’ve barely used any of our challenges. Well… | 玛莎 我们还没有怎么反对过 |
[41:44] | Wouldn’t it be nice to have a white guy? | 有个白人不会好一点吗 |
[41:46] | I’m a white guy. | 我就是白人 |
[41:47] | – We live in Los Angeles, too. – Bill, | -洛杉矶也有白人啊 -比尔 |
[41:50] | we cannot be so hung up on skin color. | 我们不能一直想着肤色的事 |
[41:51] | This is a reasonable panel. | 这是个合理的组合 |
[41:53] | They’re smart people | 他们都是聪明人 |
[41:55] | who gave good answers. My gut says… | 会给漂亮答案的聪明人 我的直觉说 |
[41:58] | trust them. | 相信他们 |
[42:11] | Your Honor… | 法官大人 |
[42:15] | the People accept the panel as presently constituted. | 控方接受目前的陪审团小组 |
[42:25] | – Your Honor, the d… – Your Honor, | -法官大人 辩 -法官大人 |
[42:25] | the defense jointly accepts the jury. | 辩方也接受 |
[42:36] | Yeah? If these people convict me, | 是吗 如果这些人认为我有罪 |
[42:38] | maybe I did do it. | 那我可能真有罪了 |
[42:47] | Good news. Your next-door neighbor, the Salingers, have a maid. | 好消息 你隔壁邻居塞林杰一家有个女佣 |
[42:52] | And she was walking their dog that night… | 那天晚上她正在遛狗 |
[42:54] | And she saw the Bronco parked outside at 10:15. | 她看到了你的野马10点15分时还停在外面 |
[42:58] | If we get her to testify, | 如果我们能让她作证 |
[42:59] | this could decimate the prosecution’s timeline. | 这就能打破控方的时间线 |
[43:02] | That’s good. That’s good, | 这很好 非常好 |
[43:04] | it’s what I’ve been telling y’all all along. | 这就是我一直跟你们说的 |
[43:05] | I couldn’t have done it. | 怎么可能是我干的 |
[43:07] | I’m so sorry that I’m late. | 不好意思我迟到了 |
[43:09] | But I have something considerable to offer. | 但我带来的消息非常重要 |
[43:11] | I’ve been doing some research at the office about precedent | 我一直在办公室研究看有没有先例 |
[43:14] | and about possible options. I think… | 以及其它可能的选择 我觉得 |
[43:19] | that we should cut a deal. | 我们应该争取协议 |
[43:22] | We should go for manslaughter. | 我们应该打过失杀人的牌 |
[43:24] | What we say is that you were mad at Nicole | 我们就说妮可没有请你去梅扎卢纳吃饭 |
[43:27] | for not inviting you to dinner at Mezzaluna. | 你很生气 |
[43:29] | You go home, you brood. | 你回到家 想了一会儿 |
[43:31] | What to do? | 该怎么办呢 |
[43:33] | So you decide to get even with her. | 所以你决定要扳回一局 跟她扯平 |
[43:35] | So you take a knife to her place | 所以你就拿了把刀 |
[43:37] | to slash her tires. | 去划她轮胎 |
[43:38] | But you get caught and you’re humiliated. | 但你被抓个正着 你觉得很丢人 |
[43:41] | You… you-you don’t know what to do. | 你… 你不知所措了 |
[43:43] | Your-your heart is racing, your emotions are cracking, | 你心跳加快 人快崩溃了 |
[43:46] | and before you know it, things escalate | 在你恢复清醒之前 事件升级了 |
[43:49] | and you kill her. | 你杀了她 |
[43:51] | And you kill the Goldman boy, too, because you’re jealous. | 还杀了那个叫戈德曼的男孩 因为你嫉妒了 |
[44:03] | So, um, Johnnie, | 那约翰尼 |
[44:05] | when can we meet the maid? | 我们什么时候可以见到那个女佣 |
[44:09] | Shit. | 操 |
[44:10] | Shit. Am I hallucinating? What the hell was that? | 操 是我产生幻觉了吗 那他妈都是什么 |
[44:12] | – That man is crazy. – He’s gone. | -他疯了 -他该走了 |
[44:14] | What an arrogant prick. | 真是个自大的混蛋 |
[44:16] | It’s like he imploded. | 好像他要崩溃了一样 |
[44:17] | When’s he going on that damn Hawaiian vacation? | 他什么时候去该死的夏威夷度假 |
[44:19] | – Uh, tomorrow morning. – Tomorrow afternoon, | -明天早上 -那明天下午 |
[44:21] | we’re going over to that office | 我们去他的办公室 |
[44:22] | and we’re clearing out everything. I mean everything: | 清出所有的东西 注意 是所有的 |
[44:24] | witness statements, files, boxes. | 证人证词 文件 文件箱 |
[44:26] | It’s all leaving Century City. | 都带出世纪市 |
[44:29] | I’m telling you, this trip can’t come soon enough. | 跟你说 我对这次旅行迫不及待了 |
[44:32] | Put an ocean between me and Johnnie Cochran. | 隔着大洋 终于摆脱约翰尼·科克伦 |
[44:35] | Did you see the L.A. Times story? | 你看到《洛杉矶时报》的报道了吗 |
[44:38] | It said Nicole went to a battered women’s shelter | 上面说妮可在被害前五天去了 |
[44:41] | five days before the murder. | 家暴妇女避难所 |
[44:43] | So what do you want me to say? | 你想让我说什么 |
[44:44] | At lunch today, it’s all anybody talked about. | 今天午饭期间所有人都在谈论这件事 |
[44:47] | And they keep playing those 911 calls over and over. | 那通报警电话也是播了一遍又一遍 |
[44:50] | I know, I know, I know. | 知道了 知道了 知道了 |
[44:51] | It’s the case that’ll never end. | 没完没了了 |
[44:54] | I think… | 我觉得 |
[44:56] | I think maybe you should quit. | 我觉得你应该辞职 |
[44:58] | Linell, it’s what I do. | 林奈尔 这是我的工作 |
[45:00] | I can’t take on a double homicide and then suddenly say | 我不能接手了一个双尸命案 然后突然 |
[45:02] | – I’m uncomfortable. – This is different. | -称病告退 -这个案子不一般 |
[45:04] | My friends, a lot of them, don’t call me back. | 我的很多朋友都不回我电话了 |
[45:07] | Everybody thinks he’s guilty. | 所有人都觉得他有罪 |
[45:08] | Don’t you think I know that? | 你以为我不知道这一点吗 |
[45:13] | Linell, I’m sorry. | 林奈尔 对不起 |
[45:15] | I am so sorry that it’s affecting you this way. | 很抱歉这个案子对你影响这么大 |
[45:18] | But I’m more worried about how it’ll affect us later. | 但我更担心这对我们的未来有什么影响 |
[45:20] | Everybody. All of us. | 对我们大家有什么影响 |
[45:22] | If I don’t put a lid on Johnnie Cochran, | 如果我不管着点约翰尼·科克伦 |
[45:24] | this city is… | 整个城市就 |
[45:35] | Listen, | 听着 |
[45:37] | let’s just go away to Hawaii and have a beautiful weekend, | 我们先去夏威夷享受美丽的周末之旅 |
[45:41] | okay? | 好吗 |
[45:50] | You’re afraid there are gonna be more riots, | 你怕还有更多人闹事 |
[45:51] | aren’t you? | 不是吗 |
[46:13] | You got a minute? | 有时间吗 |
[46:15] | – I got all the time in the world. – Okay. | -我时间多得很 -拜托 |
[46:17] | Knock off the self-pity. | 别再自怨自艾 |
[46:20] | I’m working on a really big case, | 我在处理一桩大案 |
[46:22] | and we could use a little help. | 我需要人手帮忙 |
[46:24] | What kind of help? | 帮什么忙 |
[46:27] | Chris, you and I have both been in this building | 克里斯 我们俩都在这里工作 |
[46:28] | for a long time. And I know that you feel | 很久了 我知道你感觉自己 |
[46:31] | you haven’t caught all the breaks you’ve deserved. | 怀才不遇 |
[46:35] | But I have total faith in your abilities. | 但是我对你的能力完全有信心 |
[46:38] | What are you saying, Marcia? | 你在说什么 玛莎 |
[46:39] | Would you like to be third chair on O.J.? | 你觉得坐辛普森案的第三把交椅怎么样 |
[46:47] | Is that a yes? | 这是同意了吗 |
[46:54] | I don’t even understand | 我都不明白 |
[46:55] | these things they’re saying about me. | 他们这么说我是什么意思 |
[46:57] | This article says that I’ve come to represent | 这篇文章说我代表了 |
[46:59] | “The cross-section of racial politics | 种族政治 |
[47:02] | due process and celebrity culture”. | 正当法律程序和名人文化的交集 |
[47:03] | I mean, what does that even mean? | 这都是什么意思 |
[47:06] | O.J., O.J., we got to talk. | OJ OJ我们得谈谈 |
[47:08] | “Judo defense.” What the hell is that? | 柔道防御术 这都是什么鬼 |
[47:10] | Listen, Juice, | 听着 果汁 |
[47:12] | I think… I think you got to make a change. | 我觉得 我觉得你得改变原计划 |
[47:16] | Wh-What do you mean? | 你这是什么意思 |
[47:19] | Look, I-I pray for you. | 我为你祈祷 |
[47:20] | You know that. I pray for you every day. | 你知道的 我每天都为你祈祷 |
[47:23] | – I know you do, Bobby. – I think… I think Johnnie | -我明白 小伯 -我认为应该让 |
[47:26] | should be lead attorney. | 约翰尼来做首席律师 |
[47:30] | But… | 但是 |
[47:33] | What does Bob say? | 鲍勃怎么说 |
[47:34] | D-Don’t worry about Bob. | 别担心鲍勃了 |
[47:36] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[47:37] | I mean, how does that even work? | 我是说 你们是怎么运作的呢 |
[47:40] | You know I’m not good at these conflict things. | 你知道我不擅长这些冲突矛盾 |
[47:42] | Juice, Juice, this is your life. Hey, this is your freedom. | 果汁 这可是你的下半生你的自由身 |
[47:45] | Johnnie is your best chance. | 约翰尼是你最大的希望 |
[47:48] | You got to trust me. | 你得相信我 |
[47:50] | He has got to be lead man. | 一定得让他做首席律师 |
[48:03] | Happy new year, dear. | 新年快乐 亲爱的 |
[48:05] | Have a good one? | 假期过得好吗 |
[48:15] | Linda, | 琳达 |
[48:17] | where’d you put my O.J. Files? | 你把我辛普森案的文件放哪去了 |
[48:20] | Cochran’s team took them. All of them. | 科克伦的团队拿走了 全部拿走了 |
[48:24] | What do you mean he took them? | 他拿走了是什么意思 |
[48:26] | He came here and took my files? | 他跑到这里来把我的文件拿走了 |
[48:28] | Well, he can’t do that. I could get him disbarred for that. | 他不能这样做 我可以吊销他的律师资格 |
[48:31] | Get him on the phone! I want a meeting with everyone right now! | 让他接电话 我要马上召集所有人开会 |
[48:34] | He already called for a meeting. | 他已经组织开会了 |
[48:38] | At his office. | 在他办公室开的 |
[48:41] | This also came in. | 还有这个 |
[48:45] | Somebody talked to the New York Daily News. | 有人给《纽约每日新闻》走露了风声 |
[48:53] | We lost the motion to suppress the evidence | 我们提出的禁止使用在罗金厄姆 |
[48:56] | collected at Rockingham. | 所采集证据的动议失败了 |
[48:57] | It’s like Ito has a thing against us. | 感觉伊藤有意针对我们 |
[48:59] | Don’t worry. We’ll file a motion to throw out the lab results. | 别担心 我们申请作废实验室检测结果 |
[49:02] | Great. Bob’s here. | 太好了 鲍勃来了 |
[49:04] | – First up – Before we get into your agenda, let’s get into mine. | -首先 -你们别说 我先说我的事 |
[49:06] | Bob, O.J.’s on the phone. | 鲍勃 我们在和OJ连线 |
[49:11] | Good. Because we have some very pressing issues to discuss, | 很好 我们要讨论重要的事情 |
[49:14] | because there are some stinky fish in this room. | 因为这屋里有条臭鱼坏了一锅汤 |
[49:17] | Everybody here knows that we have to keep a united front. | 在座各位都知道我们必须统一对外 |
[49:20] | So from now on, I am the only one | 所以从现在开始 只有我一个人 |
[49:22] | that speaks for the defence team. | 代表辩方团队发言 |
[49:24] | I’m the lead attorney. | 我才是首席律师 |
[49:37] | Um, O.J., do you have something to say? | OJ 你有什么要说的吗 |
[49:45] | Well, this is sort of funny. | 说来有点好笑 |
[49:49] | It reminds me of the old days, when I played football. | 刚才让我想起了以前打橄榄球的时候 |
[49:52] | I didn’t always get along with my teammates. But on Sunday | 我有时候和队友有矛盾 但是一到周日 |
[49:56] | we put all that bullshit aside and played together. | 我们都把废话丢在脑后一起打球 |
[50:00] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[50:01] | I-I don’t… I don’t follow. | 我不明白你什么意思 |
[50:04] | As I see it, Bob, you’re the quarterback. | 在我看来 鲍勃 你是四分卫 |
[50:07] | And Johnnie’s the running back. But, uh, | 约翰尼是跑锋 但是 |
[50:11] | we won’t be throwing the ball all that much. | 我们不需要一直投球 |
[50:17] | But I’m-I’m the quarterback, you say. | 但是你说我才是四分卫 |
[50:20] | Is that correct? | 对吗 |
[50:21] | Well, or-or maybe you’re the coach | 或者可能你是教练 |
[50:24] | and Lee’s the quarterback and-and, uh… and Alan’s | 李是四分卫 亚伦是… |
[50:28] | – the, uh, uh, front office. – Juice, Juice, | -打前线的 -果汁 果汁 |
[50:31] | um, I think you need to be more clear. | 我觉得你得说清楚一些 |
[50:34] | All right? What are you trying to say? | 好吗 你究竟想表达什么 |
[50:36] | Opening statements are less than a month away. | 开庭陈述还有不到一个月了 |
[50:40] | Yes. Opening statements are a month away. | 是的 开庭陈述还有不到一个月了 |
[50:42] | And as the lead attorney, I will be delivering those statements. | 作为首席律师 由我来做陈述 |
[50:45] | Is that right, O.J.? | 对吗 OJ |
[51:00] | I would respectfully suggest that our able colleague Mr. Cochran | 我谨提议我们有能力的同事科克伦先生 |
[51:05] | is the more appropriate person | 更能胜任 |
[51:06] | to deliver the opening statement. | 开庭陈述的工作 |
[51:08] | Given the makeup of our… | 鉴于我们精挑细选的 |
[51:09] | brilliantly selected jury, he could translate | 陪审团成员组成结构 |
[51:12] | our message into a “Downtown” dialect | 他能用市区方言来传达我们的信息 |
[51:14] | that would resonate more powerfully with our audience. | 这样能和听者产生更强烈的共鸣 |
[51:28] | I agree with Lee. | 我赞同李的观点 |
[51:32] | Uh, me, too. | 我也是 |
[51:36] | What about you, O.J.? | OJ 你呢 |
[51:38] | Who do you think should give the opening statement? | 你觉得应该由谁来做开庭陈述 |
[51:41] | Well… | 这个 |
[51:46] | – Oh Shit. – Please, Juice. | -该死 -拜托了 果汁 |
[51:48] | Juice, we need an answer. | 果汁 我们需要答案 |
[52:02] | Let’s-let’s have Johnnie do it. | 让约翰尼来做吧 |
[52:09] | Okay. We need to hand out | 好了 我们要分配 |
[52:12] | attorney assignments for the week. | 本周的律师任务 |
[52:14] | Barry, I need you to take the PCR testing. Carl… | 巴里 你负责PCR检测的事 卡尔 |
[52:56] | Why did they get a black guy? | 他们找个黑人来做什么 |