时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Three weeks earlier. | 三周前 |
[00:15] | Huh? | 啥 |
[00:17] | You know how sometimes a movie or a show | 有些电影或者电视剧 一开头就是在 |
[00:18] | begins on a random, intriguing scene with no context given | 一个引人入胜又没交待任何背景的场景中 |
[00:21] | encouraging you to wonder whoa, | 会让你禁不住去猜想 |
[00:22] | how’d this crazy scenario come to be? | 这剧情肯定超疯狂的 |
[00:24] | And then it cuts to black and a title comes up and | 然后画面一黑 出现一行字 |
[00:25] | says three weeks earlier. | 三周前 |
[00:28] | Here we are. | 我们现在就是 |
[00:29] | Sitting in silence, crammed into an RV. | 坐在房车里 一言不发地坐着 |
[00:31] | Winding through the mountain roads of Colorado | 颠簸在科罗拉多州的山路上 |
[00:32] | with a 19 foot fiberglass hand tied to the roof. | 车顶上还绑了一个将近六米长的玻璃纤维手 |
[00:37] | If there was ever a time to cut to three weeks earlier | 如果哪个场景适合切出一个「三周前」 |
[00:39] | it’d be right now. | 那就是现在了 |
[00:43] | Know what I mean? | 知道我是什么意思吧 |
[00:53] | Elroy you got any booze? | 埃尔罗伊 有酒吗 |
[00:56] | Don’t go through my stuff! | 别翻我东西 |
[00:58] | This isn’t a bus. | 这可不是巴士 |
[00:58] | You’re standing in my living room, kitchen, and bedroom. | 你站的是我客厅厨房卧室里 |
[01:00] | Ooh I never thought about that. | 我真没这么想过 |
[01:01] | And your backyard is 24,900 miles long, | 那你家后院有40075公里 |
[01:06] | because it’s the circumference of the Earth. | 因为这是地球的周长 |
[01:10] | Because you have no home. | 因为你 没有家 |
[01:12] | Did anyone need water? | 谁想喝水 |
[01:13] | What else can we talk about? | 我们聊点别的什么 |
[01:14] | I guess to make it really intriguing, | 要想开场更引人入胜 |
[01:16] | one of us should be visibly injured in a way | 我们当中最好有一个挂彩的 |
[01:17] | that makes you wonder how it happened | 会让人纳闷到底怎么回事 |
[01:19] | Like if Britta had a black eye. | 比如布雷塔有个熊猫眼 |
[01:22] | Dean, can I speak to you privately? | 院长 能跟你单独聊两句吗 |
[01:24] | I’m pretty sure the answer is no. | 我肯定答案是不能 |
[01:27] | Coming up. | 马上来 |
[01:33] | You know, when I agreed to hold this thing for you and the school, | 当初我为了你为了学校 答应你这事的时候 |
[01:37] | you didn’t say anything about six people sitting back there. | 你可没告诉我会有六个人坐后面 |
[01:40] | Man, I wonder what they’re talking about. | 天啊 真想知道他们说什么呢 |
[01:42] | God! Who knows? | 天 那谁能知道啊 |
[01:43] | They’re sealed off behind this soundproof vinyl. | 他们把那隔音塑料片子拉上了 |
[01:47] | I will drive my house off a cliff. | 我要拖家带你们开下悬崖 |
[01:49] | Elroy, we’re not here | 埃尔罗伊 我们不是来查你 |
[01:50] | to snoop or judge you. | 也不是来评判你的 |
[01:51] | You’re not the first person to have dirty dishes, CD rom porn and | 又不是只有你有脏盘子 小黄片 |
[01:56] | framed photos of yourself with two biracial teenagers in a park. | 还有跟俩混血少女在公园的合影 |
[02:00] | It’s not that. | 不是那事 |
[02:02] | All of this weight. | 多了这些重量 |
[02:04] | I may have miscalculated the mileage. | 我好像算错了公里数 |
[02:11] | Darn it, I wanna hijack this RV, | 真讨厌啊 我想劫持本辆房车 |
[02:13] | but I’m foiled by its impenetrable | 可我被这2001年前款 |
[02:15] | post-2001 security measures. | 坚不可摧的安全措施阻挡在外了 |
[02:17] | You keep driving | 你继续开你的 |
[02:18] | and nobody else needs to know about this, understand? | 不用跟大家说这些 懂吗 |
[02:21] | The last thing we need is a panic. | 我们现在最不需要的就是恐慌了 |
[02:24] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[02:25] | Are we out of gas? | 没油了吗 |
[02:26] | Yes! | 是的 |
[02:27] | It’s on empty! | 已经指到空了 |
[02:28] | It’s on empty! | 已经指到空了 |
[02:29] | Like, the needle is invisible. | 感觉那指针都快看不见了 |
[02:32] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[02:33] | There’s no needle. | 针都没了 |
[02:34] | It’s gone. It’s underneath the plastic or | 没了 它可能在塑料盖下面 |
[02:36] | maybe the engine tried to use it as the fuel. | 也可能引擎把它当燃料给吞了 |
[02:38] | Oh, stop yelling. | 别喊了 |
[02:39] | Well, stop being out of gas. | 那你别没油啊 |
[02:40] | You’re freaking me out. | 你吓到我了 |
[02:41] | You should be freaking out. | 吓到就对了 |
[02:43] | I have been driving for 25 years, | 我开了二十五年的车了 |
[02:44] | and I have never seen so little gas in my life. | 这辈子就没见过那么低的油量 |
[02:49] | Stop, stop, | 安静 别喊了 |
[02:50] | I’m yelling even louder so you have to stop. | 我得喊的更大声让你们都安静 |
[02:53] | We’re not in control of the gas, okay? | 我们控制不了油量 好吗 |
[02:57] | We have to focus on what we can control. | 我们要把注意力集中在可控事件上 |
[02:59] | Is everyone’s phone charged? | 大家手机的电都充满了吗 |
[03:01] | Yes. Charge your phones. | 对 给手机充电去 |
[03:02] | Good idea. | 好主意 |
[03:04] | Okay. | 好 |
[03:05] | Okay. | 充上了 |
[03:06] | See? | 看到没 |
[03:07] | We turned panic into preparedness. | 我们将恐慌转变为了做准备 |
[03:10] | Now if we do run out of gas, guess who’s got fully charged phones? | 如果真没油了 看谁的手机电是充满的 |
[03:14] | Well charged. | 满格电量 |
[03:16] | Full battery. | 电量满满 |
[03:17] | For the love of God, stop charging your phones! | 我的上帝老天爷啊 你们可别充电了 |
[03:32] | Excuse me a moment. | 失陪一下 |
[03:36] | – What happened? – I’m not telling you! | -怎么回事 -我才不会告诉你 |
[03:37] | Fair enough. | 有道理 |
[03:39] | We’re all gonna die! | 我们都要死了 |
[04:10] | 三周前 | |
[04:12] | All in favor? | 全体同意吗 |
[04:14] | And that solves the matter of the giant hand. | 那大手的问题就解决了 |
[04:16] | – If there’s no other business. – Yes. | -如果没有别的事 -有 |
[04:18] | I’d like to move that we establish this moment | 我建议将此刻 |
[04:20] | as the opening for a flashback. | 作为闪回的开头 |
[04:21] | No. Meeting adjourned. | 不 散会 |
[04:31] | Oh, I guess we’ll not doing the three weeks earlier thing. | 看来我们不玩三周前那个哏了 |
[04:34] | 第四堵墙指的是演员观众之间的屏障 | |
[04:34] | Abed insert dialogue here by you dropping the fourth wall shtick. | 阿布蒂用第四堵墙手法插入对话 |
[04:37] | – Nice. – Careful you don’t flood it. | -漂亮 -小心别整满了 |
[04:39] | That’s the fifth time you’ve reminded me not to flood something. | 你已经提醒了我五次别整满了 |
[04:41] | I’m sorry but it doesn’t apply to our situation. | 抱歉 可惜跟我们当前情景不符 |
[04:44] | I’m gonna check the battery. | 我要去一下检查电池 |
[04:46] | Can you send someone or not? | 你到底能不能派人来 |
[04:48] | Can you please hold? | 能等一下吗 |
[04:49] | No, I can’t hold. | 不行 等不了 |
[04:52] | Darn it. | 讨厌 |
[04:53] | When they put you on hold, you hang up and you call right back. | 当你被转到等待接听 就挂掉 马上再打 |
[04:57] | Frankie taught me that. | 弗兰教我的 |
[04:58] | Hi, it’s me. | 你好 是我 |
[05:00] | Yeah, the one you put on hold. | 对 那个被你转到等待接听的人 |
[05:01] | See where that got you? | 被我逮到了吧 |
[05:02] | Can you send somebody or not? | 你到底能不能派人过来 |
[05:04] | – Please hold. – Don’t you dare. | -请稍等 -你敢 |
[05:06] | When they put you on hold, hang up and call right back. | 当你被转到等待接听 就挂掉 马上再打 |
[05:09] | I can play this game all day. | 这游戏老娘可以陪你玩一天 |
[05:11] | – I told you we need roadside service on – Could you please hold? | -我说了我们需要道路救援 -请稍等 |
[05:15] | Oh, you can’t be serious. | 你不是玩我呢吧 |
[05:16] | Well hello, guess who. | 你好 你猜我是谁啊 |
[05:18] | I got nothing but fingers and time, pal. | 我有的是时间和拨号的手 哥们 |
[05:20] | Road side service, Moffett pass. | 道路救援 墨菲特路 |
[05:23] | All right, all right. | 好的 好的 |
[05:24] | You, well, you could’ve told me that an hour ago. | 你一小时前怎么不说 |
[05:26] | RV is full of crazy ladies. | 房车里都是疯婆子 |
[05:28] | Your RV is full of crazy ladies, good bye. | 你家房车里才都是疯婆子 再见 |
[05:32] | Have any of you heard of Armed Forces Day? | 你们听没听过军人节 |
[05:34] | Because apparently it’s today and it’s really boning us. | 看来就是今天 算我们倒霉 |
[05:37] | Yep, here it is, Armed Forces Day, huh. | 对 今天是军人节 |
[05:41] | Why would they put it in May? | 为什么要定在五月呢 |
[05:42] | 五月最后一个周末加周一 | |
[05:42] | It’s just sitting there in Memorial Day’s shadow | 完全被阵亡将士纪念日抢风头啊 |
[05:45] | 12月25日 为期八天 跟圣诞节撞车 | |
[05:45] | like a military Hanukkah. | 简直是军界光明节 |
[05:46] | Fitting that both war holidays have to fight each other | 安排俩战争节日在同一个月 |
[05:49] | over the same month. | 简直就是让俩节撕逼啊 |
[05:50] | Notable that the one we remember | 值得注意的是我们记住的那个节日 |
[05:51] | is the one with the theme of memory. | 是有记忆主题的 |
[05:52] | Way to make this about justifying your unmarketable sensibilities. | 刚刚好证明了你的敏感点没市场 |
[05:55] | Well, apparently Armed Forces Day | 显然这军人节 |
[05:58] | is the big one for tow truck drivers. | 对拖车司机很重要 |
[06:00] | Because there are three within 200 miles of this spot | 因为方圆三百多公里的三位司机 |
[06:03] | and they’re all in the same parade. | 都去参加这个游行了 |
[06:05] | Maybe it’ll come by this way | 也许他们会路过这地方呢 |
[06:07] | if we offer them instruments? | 如果我们提供些乐器 |
[06:11] | Nobody reroutes parades. | 没人会更改游行路线 |
[06:12] | They rerouted Kennedy’s parade. | 他们更改了肯尼迪总统游行的路线啊 |
[06:14] | So, we’ll just call the CIA, | 那我们给中情局打电话 |
[06:15] | tell them we want to assassinate the President, | 说我们要去暗杀总统 |
[06:17] | and we’ll be home in time for Wheel of Fortune. | 那我们就可以及时到家看「幸运之轮」了 |
[06:19] | Who are we kidding? | 我们骗谁呢 |
[06:20] | That’ll never work. | 这招肯定不行 |
[06:21] | We got Britta’d, yes, I use it too. | 我们又布雷「砸」了 对 我也这么用 |
[06:24] | I don’t want anybody here blaming themselves for this. | 我不希望这里有人为此而责怪自己 |
[06:28] | I want everyone blaming Frankie. | 我希望大家要怪就怪弗兰 |
[06:29] | What? | 啥 |
[06:30] | She is the reason we are here. | 就是因为她我们才会来这里的 |
[06:32] | This is what happens when you make decisions | 你在不对的时间里做出来的决定 |
[06:35] | outside the moment. | 就会导致这种结果 |
[06:36] | Whatever moment you were in the day | 我很想把自己抽离 |
[06:38] | you got on the Internet and bought a gigantic hand, | 你网购大手的那天的每一刻 |
[06:40] | I am proud to remain outside until I die. | 这样我到死都很会感激无比的 |
[06:43] | You will baby. | 你会的 |
[06:45] | And this is where logic gets you, | 所以我在逻辑上就打败了你 |
[06:48] | stuck in a Rocky Mountain pass at sundown, | 夕阳西下 你卡在落基山口 |
[06:50] | gradually freezing to death. | 一点点冻死 |
[06:52] | And forced to decide somewhere | 然后有可能哈 在某个地方 |
[06:54] | in the backs of our heads, just in case, | 还被人逼着背着我们 |
[06:56] | who we’d eat first. | 决定先吃掉我们之中的谁 |
[06:57] | Annie, right? | 小安妮 对不对 |
[06:58] | – What? – It’s not a judgement, it’s about biology. | -啥 -不是真让你判断 就生理上来说 |
[07:00] | What? | 说啥呢 |
[07:01] | Craig, the hand currently crushing our lives | 克拉格 这破手正在扼杀我们的生命 |
[07:04] | is not about being in the moment. | 现在不是时间对不对的问题 |
[07:06] | You bought this thing we can’t return | 是因为我们本来就没钱 你还买这东西 |
[07:07] | with money we don’t have, | 退也退不回去 |
[07:08] | nobody knows why. | 也没人知道为什么 |
[07:09] | And your latest idea is to put it on the quad with a plaque | 你最后的办法是把它放在一块牌匾上 |
[07:12] | that says give a hand to your brain. | 写上「帮帮你的大脑」 |
[07:14] | Give your brain a hand. | 是「给你的大脑帮把手」 |
[07:16] | You’re making it sound stupid on purpose. | 你故意让我的口号听起来蠢蠢的 |
[07:18] | It’s over Craig, you are lucky to have Frankie. | 克拉格你真的够了 你有弗兰算你走运 |
[07:21] | And you’re lucky she was able to find some weirdo, | 算你走运 她还能帮你在易趣网上找到傻叉 |
[07:23] | excuse me, bigger weirdo on eBay willing to pay cash for it. | 哦错了 是极品傻叉愿意用现金来买这货 |
[07:27] | This is a lot of narrative pipe. | 这里用的是大量的叙事手法 |
[07:29] | Maybe we did need a three weeks earlier flashback. | 估计我们真的应该用上「三周前」的倒叙 |
[07:31] | Abed. Is this a show? | 阿布蒂 你觉得我们现在在演戏吗 |
[07:32] | I thought you said you knew it wasn’t a TV show. | 我记得你好像说过这不是电视剧啊 |
[07:35] | Season two you mean? | |
[07:36] | I don’t know. | 那我就不知道了 |
[07:37] | I can change my mind. | 我可以改主意 好商量 |
[07:37] | Well can I ask that it not be a show about you saying it’s a show? | 那我这样讲 你说我们在戏里但我说不是 |
[07:40] | Because dumb. | 因为剧情太傻叉 |
[07:43] | You’re dumb. | 你才傻叉 |
[07:44] | Go in the back. | 你坐回去 |
[07:45] | Go in the back and sit by yourself. | 那你自己坐回去 |
[07:47] | Jeff. | 杰夫 |
[07:47] | – Give him a shot. – What’s wrong with you? | -一枪毙了他 -搞什么嘛你 |
[07:49] | I’m sick of it. | 我真是受够了好吗 |
[07:50] | It’s a show, it’s not a show, | 这是演戏 这不是演戏 |
[07:52] | it’s your show, it’s my show, | 该你演了 该我演了 |
[07:53] | it’s a good show, it’s a bad show. | 好戏啊好戏 烂剧啊烂剧 |
[07:54] | I am sick of it. | 我真的受不了了好吗 |
[07:56] | I don’t want to hear the word show again. | 我再也不想听到「戏」这个字啦 |
[07:58] | Show, show, show, is a show, show, show. | 戏戏戏 戏呀么戏戏戏 |
[08:01] | So now it’s a show about this? | 所以现在这段吐槽 是不是也是戏 |
[08:04] | Oh, you’re right, that’s way worse. | 有道理 这更可怕 |
[08:05] | – Abed, come back. – Yes. | -阿布蒂 过来吧 -好嘞 |
[08:06] | – Abed, come back. – Yes, yes, yes. | -阿布蒂 过来 -好好好 |
[08:07] | I’m not sorry. | 我不道歉 |
[08:08] | It’s not good to be back. | 那我不高兴过来 |
[08:09] | What the hell was that? | 你们都在搞什么鬼 |
[08:12] | The battery is dead. | 电池用光了 |
[08:13] | Flooded? | 充满了吗 |
[08:14] | So help me God. | 你有能耐你救我啊 |
[08:16] | The RV has two batteries, | 房车有两块电池 |
[08:18] | – a primary, and a second… – Secondary. | -一块主电池 一块…-蓄电池 |
[08:23] | We overloaded the electrical system, and killed the engine battery. | 电气系统超负荷了 发动机电池牺牲了 |
[08:25] | So now, the secondary battery has maybe | 现在蓄电池可能 |
[08:27] | – three or four hours of juice… – Charge, | -有三四小时的电 -来充 |
[08:29] | juice, charge. | 三四小时电来充 |
[08:32] | Then we have a choice to make. | 我们有两个选择 |
[08:34] | And Jeff can explain that choice. | 接下来由杰夫来给大家解释一下具体选择 |
[08:36] | No, it’s your RV. | 不用了这是你的房车 |
[08:36] | This was my show. You didn’t give a damn about that. | 这是我导的戏 你们一点都不关心 |
[08:38] | Abed, we’re all on your side, | 阿布蒂 我们都支持你的 |
[08:40] | so if you’re also on your side, it’s petty. | 如果你也支持你自己 这么说就太小气了 |
[08:44] | We could wait for a couple of hours and | 我们可以等几个小时 |
[08:46] | hope that the engine battery resets itself. | 希望电池能自己重启 |
[08:48] | If it doesn’t, then we’re spending the night here, | 如果重启不了 我们就在这过夜 |
[08:50] | and at least we have the secondary battery | 至少蓄电池能给我们 |
[08:52] | to keep us warm for a few hours. | 供几个小时的暖 |
[08:53] | No, no, no, we’re not spending the night here, | 别别别 我们千万别在这过夜 |
[08:55] | so what’s the second option? | 第二个选择是什么 |
[08:56] | Which I am nicknaming little course of action. | 也就是我说的「行动步骤」是什么 |
[08:59] | I rewire the secondary battery to the engine | 我重新给蓄电池接线到发动机上 |
[09:01] | and hope it can start it. | 希望能启动 |
[09:03] | If it doesn’t we’re spending a very cold night | 如果这也失败了 就得和两块用光的电池 |
[09:05] | with two dead batteries. | 在这里度过一个非常寒冷夜晚 |
[09:07] | Okay, let’s switch the batteries then. | 那好 我们把两块电池换过来吧 |
[09:09] | Good democracy. | 很民主吧 |
[09:09] | Are we sure the secondary battery won’t just die too? | 我们能保证蓄电池真的没有用光吗 |
[09:12] | – Ha. – It’s a possibility. | -呵呵 -有这个可能性 |
[09:14] | It exists. | 很有可能哦 |
[09:15] | But I’m pretty confident, | 不过我还是很有信心的 |
[09:16] | because the secondary battery only powers the cabin. | 因为蓄电池只给内舱供电 |
[09:19] | And we’ve kept the lights off and | 而且我们把灯都关了 |
[09:21] | it goes without saying that | 更不用说 |
[09:22] | we’ve all learned to stop charging our phones. | 我们都没有再给手机充电了 |
[09:30] | Why you all looking at each other like that? | 为什么你们都这副表情 |
[09:31] | And where are each of your phones now? | 你们手机现在都在哪 |
[09:39] | You know, I’m starting to suspect the unthinkable. | 话说我正在想一些不敢想的事情了 |
[09:42] | Namely, that in spite of all we’ve experienced, | 也就是说 不管我们再怎么有经验 |
[09:44] | there’s a cartoonish vampiric orgy of personal devices | 现在我们房车里有很多个人电子设备 |
[09:48] | somewhere in the RV | 如卡通版的吸血鬼一样 |
[09:49] | sucking away our remaining battery. | 疯狂吮吸着所剩无几的电池饕餮盛宴 |
[09:51] | I only draw limited comfort from the fact | 我现在略略不爽 因为现在 |
[09:53] | that nobody’s running to unplug anything. | 还没有人跑去拔掉任何东西 |
[09:57] | You know what? | 不过你们知道吗 |
[09:59] | Say nothing. | 啥也不用说 |
[10:01] | I’ll just, turn the light switch to the on position. | 就让我静静地把灯打开 |
[10:20] | There is a bright side to this. | 事情还有好的一面 |
[10:22] | Most conventional weapons don’t require electricity. | 很多常规武器是不用电的 |
[10:28] | Are you going to eat me first? | 你是要先吃掉我吗 |
[10:38] | Hear those crickets? | 你们听到蟋蟀叫了吗 |
[10:40] | This would be a challenging place to practice your stand-up act. | 你在这里做脱口秀估计是有点难 |
[10:46] | So I rented Hotel Rwanda the other night. | 我之前租了卢旺达饭店的碟 |
[10:48] | And let me just say, not a date movie. | 事先说明 不适合约会看 |
[10:54] | What would Arnold Schwarzenegger sound like | 如果阿诺·施瓦辛格被德古拉咬了 |
[10:56] | if he was bit by Dracula? | 他会怎么叫啊 |
[10:59] | 三周前 | |
[11:01] | All in favor? | 大家都同意吗 |
[11:03] | Then that solves the matter of the giant hand. | 那大手的问题就解决了 |
[11:05] | If there’s no other business… | 如果没有别的事… |
[11:06] | If we’re doing this I’d like to restate | 如果我们要这么干的话 我想用闪回 |
[11:07] | importance of telling some of this story with flashback. | 来重申讲述这个故事的重要性 |
[11:09] | What do you mean by restate? | 什么叫重申啊 |
[11:11] | Oh my God, I fell for it. | 我的天 我又上当了 |
[11:12] | Meeting adjourned. | 散会 |
[11:17] | Why do we call them elbows? | 为什么它们叫肘子呢 |
[11:18] | Why not arm knees? | 为什么不叫手膝盖呢 |
[11:22] | Man, I am dying up here. | 老天 我要死在这了 |
[11:25] | I’m scaling the blanket rations inversely | 我根据每人手机的瓦数给你们分配毛毯 |
[11:28] | to the wattage of each person’s phone. | 谁瓦数多 谁拿的少 |
[11:30] | That way the person who killed us the most will die the soonest, | 这样呢 害我们越多的人死得越快 |
[11:33] | which feels fair. | 感觉公平 |
[11:35] | Right, Britta? | 对不对呀布雷塔 |
[11:40] | I can’t go all night being this angry. | 我可不能整晚都这么生气 |
[11:44] | Heart attacks run in my family and you people aren’t worth it. | 我家有心脏病史 你们这帮货不值得我犯病 |
[11:49] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[11:50] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[11:51] | I caused the situation by not topping off the tank, | 也是因为我没加满油才导致现在的情况 |
[11:54] | and that vinyl accordion partition is a totem of distrust. | 那个塑料折叠隔板就是人与人不信任的象征 |
[11:59] | Sorry for that, too. | 我也为这句话抱歉 |
[12:00] | Elroy, that’s big of you. | 埃尔罗伊 你太大气了 |
[12:02] | And for our part, we’re sorry that charging our perfectly normal | 我们为给自己完全正常能用的手机充电 |
[12:05] | cell phones destroyed your weirdly fragile RV. | 并毁了你又怪又脆弱的房车表示道歉 |
[12:09] | Okay, I’m sorry about that apology. | 好吧 刚刚那个道歉我也表示道歉 |
[12:11] | I’ll try to be a better house guest. | 我努力做个好房客 |
[12:15] | Oh, no. | 不对 |
[12:17] | Sorry I’ve been unavailable, | 不好意思 刚才不跟你们交谈 |
[12:18] | I’ve been trying to cut to three weeks earlier. | 因为我是想把画面切到三周前 |
[12:20] | Really feels like we needed that. | 真的感觉我们需要闪回 |
[12:22] | I have something to apologize for as well. | 我也有事情需要道歉 |
[12:24] | Perhaps you recall earlier when it seemed | 你们有没有想起早些时候 |
[12:26] | as though we drove through a skunk patch. | 我们好像闻到一股子臭鼬味儿 |
[12:28] | Yeah, you were getting high. | 是啊 那时候你正嗨着 |
[12:29] | – Yeah, you were smoking pot. – Yeah, getting high. | -当时你在吸大麻 -你嗨大了 |
[12:30] | You were getting stoned. | 你都嗨晕了 |
[12:32] | okay, I remember thinking I really pulled that one off. | 好吧 我以为自己糊弄成功了呢 |
[12:35] | You thought that because you were high. | 你那么以为是因为你吸嗨了 |
[12:37] | You also thought that we were speeding | 你还以为我们在飙车呢 |
[12:38] | cause you kept seeing the same bird. | 因为你一直看见同一只鸟 |
[12:46] | 三周前 | |
[12:47] | All in favor? | 都同意吗 |
[12:49] | Then that solves the matter of the giant hand. | 那大手的问题就解决了 |
[12:51] | If there’s no other business… | 如果没有别的事… |
[12:52] | Let me just explain the need for flashback here | 请容许我在此解释一下闪回的必要性 |
[12:54] | and don’t interrupt… | 不要打断我 |
[12:55] | Okay, one quick thing | 好吧 简单说一句 |
[12:56] | and then you can talk about flashbacks forever. | 然后随你怎么说闪回 |
[12:58] | Meeting adjourned. | 散会 |
[12:59] | Abed? | 阿布蒂 |
[13:00] | When they cut to three weeks earlier on TV, | 电视剧闪回到三周前的时候 |
[13:02] | they’re not traveling in time, dip ass. | 他们也不是在穿越 笨蛋 |
[13:04] | Jeff. | 杰夫 |
[13:05] | Okay, my apology now. | 好了 该我道歉了 |
[13:07] | I’ve had some time to think about it, | 我一直在想这事儿 |
[13:09] | and I’ve decided, I’m sorry for | 现在我觉得 我很抱歉 |
[13:11] | not asking people what they wanted | 在这次旅行之前 |
[13:12] | before buying all the snacks for the trip. | 没有征询大家意见就擅自买了零食 |
[13:14] | Wow, really? | 真的吗 |
[13:15] | – That’s great. – What? | -太棒了 -怎么了 |
[13:16] | Think about it, it’s the worst thing I’ve done on this trip. | 我在这次旅行中就做了这么一件称得上坏的事 |
[13:19] | I’ve been nailing it. | 而且我搞定了 |
[13:21] | She has. | 没错 |
[13:22] | You have, I haven’t been. | 你做到了 但我却没有 |
[13:26] | I shouldn’t be yelling at the dean in front of any of you, | 我不该在你们任何人面前对院长大喊大叫的 |
[13:28] | it’s unprofessional. | 太不专业了 |
[13:30] | You’re all right, Frankie. | 没事的 弗兰 |
[13:31] | We got no complaints. | 我们不怪你 |
[13:42] | I forgive all of you. | 我原谅你们了 |
[13:52] | What? | 什么 |
[13:53] | 三周前 | |
[13:54] | Then that solves the matter of the giant hand. | 那大手的问题就解决了 |
[13:55] | If there’s no other business… | 如果没有别的事… |
[13:56] | In a normal road trip story, | 一般公路电影是这样的 |
[13:57] | the first act would end with us deciding to go on the trip. | 第一幕基本是以决定上路作终 |
[13:59] | The second act would be the trip ending with a disaster, | 第二幕以灾难出现结束 |
[14:01] | and the third act would be us getting back. | 第三幕是最终安全归来 |
[14:02] | The problem is that | 现在的问题是 |
[14:03] | we’ve already decided to take this trip weeks from now, | 我们几周前就已经决定要上路 |
[14:04] | which means the story starts with us already on the road, | 就是说故事的开始我们已经在路上了 |
[14:06] | which means the end of act one won’t be us going on the trip, | 这就意味着第一幕的最后不是我们决定上路 |
[14:08] | it’ll have to be the disaster. | 而是灾难的开始 |
[14:09] | which means something even worse has to happen in act two. | 也就是说第二幕中会出现更可怕的事 |
[14:11] | unless we make the decision, right now, | 除非现在我们在第一幕的闪回里 |
[14:13] | that act one is a flashback, | 也就是现在要做出决定 |
[14:14] | so that the beginning story is now instead of then. | 这样现在就是第一幕了 而开头不算第一幕 |
[14:24] | You forgive us? | 你原谅我们了 |
[14:26] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[14:27] | You turd! | 你个小人 |
[14:29] | I beg your pardon. | 你说什么 |
[14:31] | – Guys? – You have no sense of accountability. | -伙计们 -你这人一点责任心都没有 |
[14:33] | You’re like a child. | 你就像个孩子 |
[14:34] | If I’m a child, you’re a child abuser. | 如果我是孩子 你就是虐童狂 |
[14:36] | No, not cool, Annie. | 这可不好 安妮 |
[14:37] | You never just said, leave my hand where it is, | 你从没说过 别碰我的手 |
[14:40] | I like it there. I demand it stay. | 我喜欢它在那儿 我要求保留它 |
[14:43] | Because everyone complained about it. | 因为人人都在抱怨 |
[14:44] | Well, where’s that commitment to spinelessness | 我们不是说好要放下面子的嘛 |
[14:47] | when we’re all admitting we did stuff wrong? | 我们都主动承认自己犯的错了 |
[14:48] | Okay, I’m sorry. | 好吧 对不起 |
[14:49] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[14:50] | I’m a bad dean, okay? | 我是个坏院长 行了吧 |
[14:51] | No, that’s what you always do. | 不行 你总这样 |
[14:52] | That’s not a real apology. | 这不是真正的道歉 |
[14:54] | – Jeff? – Abed, shut up. | -杰夫 -阿布蒂 闭嘴 |
[14:55] | Go flashback and cut to stuff. | 自己一边玩你的剪辑闪回去 |
[14:57] | And you, say you’re sorry for | 而你 要为自己 |
[14:58] | buying a giant hand and letting it sit around | 买下那只大手 置之不管 |
[15:00] | until we had to deal with it, | 直到我们介入解决这件事而道歉 |
[15:01] | and say it without crying. | 而且道歉的时候不许哭 |
[15:02] | No! | 不 |
[15:03] | I’m an adult. | 我是个大人了 |
[15:04] | And you can’t make me not cry. | 你们凭什么不许我哭 |
[15:06] | You’re all a bunch of bullies, | 你们这群恶棍 |
[15:08] | and I will say, I’m sorry, however I want. | 我想怎么道歉就怎么道歉 |
[15:10] | And by the way, I’m not sorry! | 你们猜怎么着 我还偏不道歉 |
[15:12] | It’s my giant hand and I love it. | 这是我的大手 我喜欢它 |
[15:16] | We’re not selling it. | 我们不卖了 |
[15:18] | Okay, this is like crate training a puppy. | 这就像养了一只小狗 |
[15:20] | Everyone suppress every instinct you have to let him out | 人人都使出浑身解数 就为了逗他出来 |
[15:22] | and sleep in bed with us. | 让他和我们一块儿睡 |
[15:24] | Cold. | 冷 |
[15:26] | No, I mean, it’s cold in the RV. | 我是说房车里好冷 |
[15:27] | I don’t care how we treat the dean tonight. | 才不是今晚我们对院长的所作所为 |
[15:32] | Abed, don’t go out. | 阿布蒂 别出去 |
[15:42] | Did they send you out here to be mean to me too? | 他们让你出来继续讽刺我的吗 |
[15:47] | – No. – Good. | -不是 -太好了 |
[15:47] | Because I can’t cry anymore unless someone brings me a Pedialyte. | 再不补充电解质 我都哭不出来了 |
[16:04] | Here. | 过来 |
[16:13] | Pretty comforting, huh? | 挺好的 是不是 |
[16:15] | We could’ve put it outside the Art Department, or Biology, | 我们本可以把它放在艺术系 生物学门口 |
[16:18] | or wood working if we remove one of the fingers. | 或者掰掉一根指头 放木雕系那里 |
[16:21] | You don’t belong up here. | 你不属于这上面 |
[16:22] | It’s not right that you’re up here. | 你上来就不对头了 |
[16:24] | You get it, don’t you, Abed? | 你懂的 是不是 阿布蒂 |
[16:26] | You know what’s important about the hand? | 你知道这手的意义 |
[16:28] | No, I know what’s important about the story, | 不 我只知道故事哪里重要 |
[16:29] | and I know we’re structurally overdue for a disaster. | 而且我知道灾难早该出现了 |
[16:31] | Oh, great. | 太棒了 |
[16:33] | Figures the one person on my side, | 我还以为会有一个人是站在我这边 |
[16:35] | is the one playing people chess. | 结果这人是拿人当棋子玩呢 |
[16:38] | Don’t move, don’t move! | 别动 别动 |
[16:39] | What the hell else are we supposed to do? | 我们还能怎么办 |
[16:41] | Flashback with me. | 和我一起闪回 |
[16:42] | – What? – Just trust me. | -什么 -相信我 |
[16:43] | I set a flashback three weeks earlier. | 我把闪回定在了三周前 |
[16:45] | It’s how this story begins. | 那就是故事的开头 |
[16:46] | Close your eyes and concentrate. | 闭上眼睛 集中注意 |
[16:52] | 三周前 | |
[16:53] | And that solves the matter of the giant hand. | 那大手的问题就解决了 |
[16:55] | If there’s no other business… | 如果没有别的事… |
[16:56] | Oh, there’s business. | 还有事 |
[16:57] | Yeah, there’s business. | 是啊 还有事呢 |
[16:58] | When you tie the hand to the roof | 当你们把大手锁上车顶的时候 |
[16:59] | we’d like you to use extra thick straps please. | 请记得多锁几道 |
[17:02] | Extra thick. | 多锁几道 |
[17:03] | Extra thick straps! | 多锁几道 |
[17:04] | Reinforced. | 加固 |
[17:04] | All right. Meeting adjourned, great. | 好了 散会 太好了 |
[17:08] | Extra thick straps! | 多锁几道 |
[17:10] | Extra thick straps. | 多锁几道 |
[17:12] | Extra thick straps. | 多锁几道 |
[17:14] | Extra thick straps. | 多锁几道 |
[17:16] | There, that should do it. | 这样应该可以了 |
[17:17] | Wha, wha, what should do it? | 什么可以了 |
[17:18] | We made the straps extra thick. | 我们多锁了几道 |
[17:20] | – Remember? – No, I don’t remember | -记得吗 -不 我不记得 |
[17:21] | because it didn’t happen. | 因为根本没发生过 |
[17:22] | It didn’t? | 没发生吗 |
[17:26] | What? | 怎么回事 |
[17:28] | Did something just fall off the roof? | 刚刚是不是有什么东西从车顶掉下来了 |
[17:30] | That’s a really stupid question, Annie. | 这问题真蠢 安妮 |
[17:32] | Obviously something fell off the roof. | 显然是有东西掉下来了 |
[17:34] | The question is what? | 正确的问题是 什么掉下来了 |
[17:44] | Abed, where’s the dean? | 阿布蒂 院长呢 |
[17:46] | Oh, damn, come on. | 糟糕 快 |
[17:51] | Okay, one, two, three. | 好了 一 二 三 |
[17:52] | Carefully, carefully. | 小心 小心 |
[17:54] | How do you lose a hand off a person haphazardly? | 手怎么会这样无缘无故砸到人身上呢 |
[17:57] | You know what, Annie. | 知道吗 安妮 |
[17:58] | Dean, hang on. | 院长 撑住 |
[17:59] | Dean, we’re so sorry, we love you. | 院长 对不起 我们爱你 |
[18:05] | Screw you! | 去你们的 |
[18:06] | What? | 什么 |
[18:07] | Hey, that’s my house. | 那是我的家 |
[18:08] | We are not sorry, we hate you! | 我们才不抱歉 我们恨你 |
[18:11] | Are we gonna freeze to death? | 咱们是不是要被冻死了 |
[18:12] | I call the hand. | 这个手是我的了 |
[18:15] | The fiberglass will preserve body heat. | 玻璃纤维会保存身体的热量 |
[18:21] | What’s wrong with me if that’s hot? | 我居然觉得这样很性感 我脑子是不是有病 |
[18:28] | Dean these temperatures are lowering our immune systems | 院长 现在的温度正在削弱我们的免疫系统 |
[18:30] | in a world that is swarming with weird people’s unvaccinated toddlers. | 而这个世界上挤满了没打疫苗的小破孩 |
[18:34] | Deal with it. | 我管你去死 |
[18:36] | I’m gonna go run to the other side | 我去那边看看 |
[18:37] | and see if he’s locked that door too. | 他是不是把那边的车门也锁了 |
[18:39] | It probably undercuts my goals to announce it out loud | 也许大声宣布这主意会达不到我的预期目的 |
[18:41] | but I’m a verbal thinker, | 但我是语言思考者 |
[18:43] | I’m not even sure I have an idea until I say it. | 有时候我得等到说出来才知道我心里有主意 |
[18:48] | They should make hiking boots with a compass in the toe. | 登山鞋的鞋尖上应该放一个指南针 |
[18:50] | Go! | 快去 |
[18:51] | But don’t you. | 你们真是的 |
[18:53] | Dean, we’re sorry and we love you? | 院长 我们抱歉 我们爱你 |
[18:57] | Nice uncontrollable question mark, Britta! | 这种无法控制的疑问语气真有种啊 布雷塔 |
[18:59] | You can’t even fake it! | 你连装一下都装不好吗 |
[19:01] | Dean, we’re sorry and we love you. | 院长 我们好抱歉 我们好爱你 |
[19:04] | Super realistic, Annie, you’re a real sociopath. | 好逼真哦 安妮 你是真正的反社会 |
[19:08] | I saw all your true colors when the chips were down. | 紧急关头 我算把你们的真面目都看清了 |
[19:11] | Abed is the only human among you! | 阿布蒂是你们之中唯一算得上是人的 |
[19:13] | And I think we all know how ironic that is, | 我想各位也清楚这有多讽刺 |
[19:15] | no offense, Abed. | 无意冒犯 阿布蒂 |
[19:16] | None possible. | 没关系 |
[19:17] | Abed, you bonded with him. | 阿布蒂 你跟他感情深 |
[19:19] | Talk to him. | 跟他说话 |
[19:20] | You’re alone in the end zone. | 达阵区里只有你一人 |
[19:21] | This ball is yours or nobody’s. | 这个球只能是你的 别无他人 |
[19:23] | I appreciate your appeal to my well know | 鉴于本人众所周知的运动热情 |
[19:25] | passion for athletics, | 感谢你的盛情呼唤 |
[19:26] | and sarcasm, but I didn’t actually bond with him. | 还有讽刺 但我跟他感情真心不深 |
[19:28] | I almost killed him. | 我差点害死了他 |
[19:29] | My naive obsession with contrived flashback technique has kept me | 我对人为闪回技术的单纯痴迷使得我自己 |
[19:32] | from being invested in any of this actual story. | 一直没有投入到这个实际的故事中 |
[19:35] | I mean, what was it even? | 这到底算个啥呢 |
[19:36] | A bunch of people in an RV? And I had to Christopher Nolan it? | 一部房车里的一群人 难道我得用诺兰大法吗 |
[19:38] | Well, there you go. | 这就是了 |
[19:39] | Now you can forget all about | 现在你得忘记所有 |
[19:41] | stupid three weeks earlier flashbacks | 关于什么闪回三周前的胡思乱想 |
[19:43] | and be a hero by joining us here, in the moment, | 加入我们 成为英雄 就在此刻 |
[19:47] | and talking to the dean like a human. | 像真正的人一样跟院长谈话 |
[19:49] | – That’s my arc. – That’s your arc. | -这才是我的故事轴线 -这就是你的轴线 |
[19:53] | Okay, here we go. | 好 那就开始吧 |
[19:57] | 三周前 | |
[19:57] | If there’s no other business. | 如果没有别的事 |
[19:58] | I’d like to propose a heavy use of flashback in this episode. | 我想提议本集大量使用闪回片段 |
[20:01] | No Abed, don’t do it. | 不要 阿布蒂 别这么做 |
[20:02] | Thanks Abed. | 谢了 阿布蒂 |
[20:04] | Stop that. | 别闹了 |
[20:05] | Get your head out of your ass. | 清醒一点 回到现实吧 |
[20:06] | I don’t know how. I’m over saturated with it. | 我不知道怎么做 我现在满脑子都是这个 |
[20:07] | – Give me, – I, I, I don’t know what’s real. | -你给我 -我不知道什么算现实 |
[20:08] | You are lying. | 你在说谎 |
[20:09] | You have to be lying. | 你别再说谎了 |
[20:10] | – You enjoy this. – Stop this. | -你很享受这样是吧 -住手 |
[20:11] | What has gotten into you? | 你发什么疯 |
[20:13] | Why are you shocked that he’s alienated? | 他跟人不合群 你何必这么震惊 |
[20:15] | You get him to do something normal | 那换你来 在不虐待他的情况下 |
[20:17] | without abusing him. | 让他干点正常事儿 |
[20:19] | Abed, listen. | 阿布蒂 听我说 |
[20:20] | This is a flashback remember. | 现在这是闪回 记得吗 |
[20:22] | The real story is happening in the future. | 真正的故事发生时间是在未来 |
[20:24] | You actually flashed back to now to help us. | 你是闪回回来帮我们的 |
[20:29] | Okay, that was pretty good. | 说得真挺棒的 |
[20:31] | 30个标准的银河时间单位之后 | |
[20:35] | So sad what happened here, all those centons ago. | 数个世纪以前在这发生的事情真是让人伤悲 |
[20:39] | So sad. | 真伤悲 |
[20:41] | So preventable. | 真的可以防止的 |
[20:42] | Space Elder Abed, can you reach backward with your mind | 时空长老阿布蒂 你能用念力逆转时间 |
[20:44] | and save our species? | 拯救我们人类吗 |
[20:46] | I can. | 我可以 |
[20:48] | I’m Space Elder Britta. | 我是时空长老布雷塔 |
[20:56] | What are you guys talkin about? | 你们刚刚在聊什么 |
[21:05] | I’m here now, child. | 我来了 孩子们 |
[21:07] | All will be made right. | 一切都会重回正轨的 |
[21:11] | – Dean. – Abed. | -院长 -阿布蒂 |
[21:12] | I have discovered the meaning of the giant hand. | 我已经发现这只大手的含义了 |
[21:16] | A hand has two functions, to grip and to release. | 手有两个功能 抓住和放开 |
[21:20] | But without both of these powers, it is useless. | 但如果没有这两种力量 也是无用之手 |
[21:23] | Like newborn infants, | 就像刚出生的婴儿一样 |
[21:24] | we grab what comes near us, | 什么离得近 我们就抓住什么 |
[21:26] | hoping to control it, taste it, | 想着能控制它 品尝它 |
[21:28] | jam it into another child’s eye. | 拿着它往别的孩子眼睛上戳 |
[21:31] | But, the time we spend in control of our world, | 但 我们用来控制自己世界的时候 |
[21:35] | is the time we spend letting go of others. | 同时我们也在一直放走了其他东西 |
[21:38] | Ideas, stories, pride, | 创意 故事 骄傲 |
[21:40] | girls in soft sweaters, video games, | 身穿柔软毛衣的萌妹 电玩 |
[21:42] | buttered noodles, grip one for too long | 拌了黄油的面条 紧抓一个东西的时间太长 |
[21:44] | and you lose so much that you’ve never held. | 从而错失了太多从未握住过的东西 |
[21:51] | This giant hand, was sent to all of us as an invitation. | 这只大手 是送给我们所有人的一个邀请 |
[21:54] | To increase our mastery over the power to hold on. | 让我们的紧握能力能得以增长 |
[21:59] | And let go. | 然后再洒脱放手 |
[22:09] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[22:14] | – Dummy. – I kinda hate you. | -笨蛋 -人家真是有点恨你了 |
[22:26] | The doors are locked on that side, too. | 那边的车门也锁上了 |
[22:29] | Took you long enough. | 你去的可真够久的 |
[22:31] | I’d be lying if I said I didn’t poop. | 要是我说我没在上大号 那肯定是在说谎 |
[22:34] | Could you lie then? | 那拜托你能撒一下谎不 |
[22:36] | Sure I can. | 当然可以 |
[22:38] | Sure I can. | 当然可以 |
[22:41] | I slapped a man. | 我还打了他一耳光 |
[22:45] | 三天后 | |
[22:56] | Where were you? | 你死去哪儿了 |
[23:01] | 保持轻握 | |
[23:13] | Hi, this is Blake, | 你好 我是布莱克 |
[23:14] | the gentleman to whom you’re selling the giant hand. | 就是你那个大手的买主 |
[23:17] | I am calling to confirm that you have the correct address? | 我打电话来是想确认一下你记的地址没错吧 |
[23:22] | We live at the end of a long driveway | 我们家就在一条很长的车道尽头 |
[23:24] | which often gets confused with a road. | 这条车道经常会跟一条路搞混 |
[23:28] | Anyway, it’s been many hours | 总之距离咱们预定的交货时间 |
[23:30] | since our scheduled appointment time. | 已经过了好几个小时了 |
[23:33] | Again, it’s Blake with a B, | 重复一下 我是名字以B开头的布莱克 |
[23:36] | the purchaser of the giant hand. | 那只大手的买家 |
[23:40] | Bye. | 再见 |
[23:58] | They’re not coming, are they? | 他们不会来了 对吧 |
[23:59] | I don’t know, Karen. I left a message. | 我不知道 凯伦 我留了言 |
[24:01] | What are you gonna do with? | 你要怎么办… |
[24:02] | What am I gonna do with the giant watch? | 我要拿这只大表怎么办吗 |
[24:05] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[24:06] | I, I don’t plan for failure. | 我也没打算失败的 |
[24:08] | Have you tried planning for success? | 你有打算过成功吗 |
[24:10] | Does everything you do to this family have. | 你对这个家做的事有过… |
[24:14] | No. Finish your thought. | 不要 停止你的想法 |
[24:16] | Finish your thought. | 不许你再想了 |
[24:17] | Does everything have to do with me, | 我做的所有的事情是吧 |
[24:20] | purchasing oversize items on the Internet. | 网购各种超大型物品什么的是吧 |
[24:24] | But, that’s not what this is really about, is it? | 但这根本不是你的真正意思 不是吗 |
[24:26] | It’s not about a giant hand, or a giant watch. | 这跟大手 大手表没什么关系 |
[24:29] | Please don’t. | 别说了 |
[24:30] | It’s about a normal sized son. | 你要说的是一个正常尺寸的儿子 |
[24:33] | Who disappeared and it’s all my fault, | 他失踪了 而且全都是我的错 |
[24:37] | because I gave him a giant kite! | 因为我送了他一个超大型风筝 |
[24:41] | Yes, how could you not make that connection? | 没错 难道这些之间都没有关系吗 |
[24:44] | Why do you continue to buy | 你为什么要一直去买 |
[24:46] | giant size versions of everyday objects, | 各种日用品的超大版本呢 |
[24:48] | – when they are the reason our son is – Disappeared! | -尤其正是咱们儿子 -消失的罪魁祸首 |
[24:52] | Disappeared. | 消失了 |
[24:53] | They never found his body on the ground, | 地面上一直没找到儿子的尸体 |
[24:55] | which proves he’s still up there waiting. | 这证明了他还在天上等着我们 |
[24:57] | He’s waiting for a better daddy, | 他还在等着一个更好的父亲 |
[25:00] | with a bigger hand. | 有着更大的手 |
[25:06] | Oh, really? | 这样啊 |
[25:11] | So then why the watch? | 那为啥要买手表呢 |
[25:14] | I thought it would look really cool. | 我觉得这样会看起来很酷 |
[25:16] | I’m gonna walk the dog, and eventually leave you. | 我要去遛狗 然后离开你 |
[25:21] | I’ll put the watch in the garage. | 那我把手表放车库 |
[25:26] | And probably stop showering. | 大概就不洗澡了吧 |
[26:03] | Did you get any of that? | 你看懂了吗 |