时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Jeff, we’ve known each other a long time, right? | 杰夫 我们已经认识很久了吧 |
[00:04] | You’ve come to respect me. | 你一直很尊敬我 |
[00:06] | – Sure. – Well, get ready to stop. | -当然 -很快你就要失望了 |
[00:09] | Please help me seduce Britta | 既然你已经搞过布雷塔了 |
[00:11] | now that you’ve finished doing it with her. | 就帮我勾引一下她呗 |
[00:13] | Please, please… | 拜托 拜托嘛 |
[00:14] | Do you even really like Britta? | 你真喜欢过布雷塔吗 |
[00:16] | It seems like you like her because she doesn’t like you. | 你现在喜欢她只不过因为她不喜欢你 |
[00:18] | Have you met the women that do like me, Jeff? | 你见过会喜欢我的女性吗 杰夫 |
[00:20] | Neither have I, but trust me, they’re bad people. | 我也没见过 不过相信我 是她们不好 |
[00:22] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[00:23] | To get near Britta, think like Britta. | 要想接近布雷塔 就必须像她一样思考 |
[00:26] | Grab one of those free papers for hippies on the quad, | 拿一份发给校园嬉皮士的免费报纸 |
[00:28] | go to the calendar page, | 翻开重大事件那页 |
[00:29] | and find a cause so tragic… | 然后去找最悲剧的… |
[00:31] | are you writing this down? | 你最好还是记下来 |
[00:32] | Okay, we have confirmation that all the bones | 好的 我们已经确认 |
[00:34] | have been removed from the football field. | 橄榄球场上的所有骨头已经清理完毕 |
[00:37] | And we agree that teachers should get | 而且我们都同意在求职招聘会上 |
[00:38] | a 10-minute head start at the job fair. | 应该先对教师进行十分钟提前培训 |
[00:40] | Any other items? | 还有其他提议吗 |
[00:42] | It’s Friday night. | 今晚是周五 |
[00:44] | What’s everybody doing? | 大家准备做什么 |
[00:46] | Oh, there’s a benefit show at the Forefront Theater | 在河滨「前沿」剧院有一场慈善演出 |
[00:49] | in riverside for starving children | 是为了食不果腹的孩子们举行的 |
[00:52] | with cleft palates. | 他们还是腭裂儿童[兔唇] |
[00:55] | I’m gonna crash the premiere of the Kickpuncher reboot | 我要去「拳拳踢战警」重新开拍的首映式 |
[00:57] | dressed like classic Kickpuncher. | 而且会扮成原版主角造型 |
[00:59] | They shouldn’t have redesigned that costume. | 他们不应该重新设计主角服装 |
[01:01] | Keep your heads in the sand if you want. | 你们可以选择当鸵鸟 请随意 |
[01:02] | Professor Duncan, I didn’t know that cause interested you. | 邓肯教授 我没想到你也对这种事感兴趣 |
[01:06] | Well, it’s starving children with cleft palates, Britta. | 腭裂儿童很可怜的 布雷塔 |
[01:08] | What part would you have me be disinterested in? | 我怎么可能不关注呢 |
[01:11] | Forefront theater? | 前沿剧院吗 |
[01:13] | What time? I’m going. | 什么时候 我要去 |
[01:15] | – I’m going too. – Me too. | -我也要去 -我也是 |
[01:17] | Kids with cleft palates should have extra food, not less. | 患有腭裂的孩子们应该多吃 不应该挨饿 |
[01:20] | I’m in. | 我也去 |
[01:21] | I have…dinner plans. | 我跟人约了一起吃晚餐 |
[01:25] | Yeah, make sure it’s a hearty meal. | 是吗 那你好好享用吧 |
[01:29] | Help me out here. | 求解围啊 |
[01:33] | Are you really the one that needs help here, Winger? | 你确定你是最需要帮助的吗 翁格 |
[01:37] | Yeah, should we write a check to the Jeff foundation? | 我们要不要给「杰夫基金会」捐点款呢 |
[01:39] | Okay. Maybe I’ll go too. | 好吧 那我也去吧 |
[01:41] | Well, it’s the least you can do. | 对嘛 至少应该去一下 |
[01:43] | Yeah, feels good to help. | 是啊 帮助别人的感觉很好 |
[01:45] | God bless you. | 上帝与你同在 |
[01:48] | Cool, so 7:30? | 那就七点半见吧 |
[02:20] | Did you get it? I don’t think I got it. | 你看懂了吗 我似乎没懂 |
[02:22] | Well, the ants were people. | 那些蚂蚁代表人类 |
[02:23] | The queen ant was an oil company. | 蚁后是石油公司 |
[02:25] | Okay, so it was about our marginalized perceptions | 所以是因为蜜蜂生来有合作精神 |
[02:28] | as drones being born into a corporate hive-mind? | 导致我们出现了边缘化的观念吗 |
[02:31] | Yeah. | 是吧 |
[02:33] | – Mcdonald’s? – Oh, I was just thinking about that. | -去麦当劳不 -我刚想说这个呢 |
[02:36] | Hungry. | 好饿 |
[02:37] | Hello? | 喂 |
[02:38] | Okay, Alessandra, I can’t talk right now. | 艾丽珊德拉 我现在不方便说话 |
[02:39] | I just got out of a show. | 刚从演出现场出来 |
[02:42] | Okay, hold on. | 等一等 |
[02:45] | Well? | 怎么 |
[02:47] | Look, if you’re gonna just yell at me, why… | 如果你就是打算吼我 那为什么… |
[02:50] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么要这样 |
[02:52] | This is not happening to you, okay? | 这不光是你的事 好吗 |
[02:54] | It’s happening to us! | 这是我们共同的事 |
[02:56] | Well, you called me! | 是你打给我的啊 |
[02:58] | Well, then let me be the one to do this! | 好啊 那这件事由我来做 |
[03:14] | Uh, my mother used to tell a story about how she killed a chicken. | 我妈妈经常跟我讲她杀掉一只鸡的故事 |
[03:21] | Hong kong, 1964. | 1964年 在香港 |
[03:24] | So you like the theatre, Ian? | 尹恩 你喜欢看戏吗 |
[03:25] | Oh, are you kidding? | 这还用说吗 |
[03:27] | I spent half my days at university in wigs and tights. | 我在大学里经常头戴假发 身穿紧身衣呢 |
[03:30] | You don’t do that without befriending some actors. | 不然也结交不了演员朋友 |
[03:33] | Oh, my God, Michael. | 天哪 是米克尔 |
[03:35] | I know Michael from my anarchist days. | 我做无政府主义者的时候认识的他 |
[03:37] | God, he’s gonna smell the sellout on me. | 他肯定会发觉我已经变了 |
[03:42] | Hey. How’s it goin’? | 你好 你们怎么样 |
[03:44] | – Oh, my God. – Oh, my God. | -我的天哪 -真不可思议 |
[03:45] | What’s going on? | 什么情况 |
[03:46] | I don’t like this “My-kale” guy. | 我不喜欢这位「米哥儿」 |
[03:48] | I don’t think he likes himself, | 他肯定也不喜欢自己 |
[03:49] | or he’d pronounce it “Michael.” | 不然不会叫这种奇怪的名字 |
[03:51] | Isn’t she great? | 她是不是特别棒 |
[03:52] | She’s everything I love about America. | 她身上有着我喜爱的一切美国特征 |
[03:53] | Bold, opinionated, just past her peak, | 勇敢 自以为是 人生高峰刚结束 |
[03:57] | and starting to realize that she has to settle for less. | 开始考虑是否该降低自己的要求 |
[04:00] | And the moment she needs a shoulder to cry on, | 当她需要一个肩膀来依靠的时候 |
[04:02] | Huh? The Duncan handkerchief. | 怎么样 邓肯手帕为您服务 |
[04:05] | Well, I’m out. | 好吧 我先走了 |
[04:06] | Have fun circling my former lover, | 你继续围着我的前任打转吧 |
[04:08] | waiting for her to cry. | 看她什么时候会哭 |
[04:11] | I tried to make that sound good, | 我本来想说好听点的 |
[04:12] | but that’s what you’re doin’. | 但这就是你的结局 |
[04:16] | Uh, you’re all heroes tonight for making a difference, | 你们今晚的付出 代表你们都是英雄 |
[04:20] | but I want to introduce one of my heroes. | 我要向各位介绍我的一位英雄 |
[04:23] | Britta Perry. | 布雷塔·派利 |
[04:27] | She is the bravest, most passionate activist | 她是我见过最勇敢 最热情的行动家 |
[04:31] | I have ever had the honor of imitating. | 能够跟随她的步伐 我很荣幸 |
[04:34] | So, hey, buy her a drink. | 所以 请她喝一杯吧 |
[04:37] | Anything you wanna add, Britta? | 你有什么想说的吗 布雷塔 |
[04:39] | Oh. Wow, um, I’m not a hero. | 天哪 谢谢 我不是英雄 |
[04:41] | I’m a high school dropout and a bartender, | 我高中辍学 还当过酒保 |
[04:44] | so don’t listen to me. | 别听我的 |
[04:48] | Or anyone. | 也别听任何人的 |
[04:49] | Just listen to yourself, | 聆听自己内心的声音 |
[04:51] | and make sure you tell yourself the truth. | 对自己一定要诚实 |
[04:56] | Well, it was… it was great seeing you, so… | 今天见到你很高兴 不如你就先… |
[04:59] | I might stay for one drink. | 我留下来喝一杯吧 |
[05:00] | – Why? – I like to drink. | -为什么 -我喜欢喝酒 |
[05:03] | – Oh, really? – Yeah. | -是吗 -没错 |
[05:04] | I have a serious problem. | 简直是嗜酒如命 |
[05:05] | That had better be true. | 你最好别撒谎 |
[05:14] | Cool. Cool, cool, cool. | 酷 酷酷酷 |
[05:25] | I am Kickpuncher. | 我是拳拳踢战警 |
[05:27] | You are in violation of future law. | 你违反了未来法律 |
[05:39] | Oh. Damn it, come on. | 该死 到底行不行 |
[05:45] | – What are you doing? – What? | -你在干什么 -什么 |
[05:47] | What, what are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[05:49] | Making a costume for a movie premiere. | 为电影首映式制作戏服 |
[05:51] | Annie banned glue guns from the apartment | 安妮不许我在家里使用胶枪 |
[05:52] | After an incident so hilarious that even describing it | 因为曾发生过一件超级搞笑的事情 |
[05:54] | Would narratively eclipse what’s happening here. | 比现在正发生的这件事搞笑百倍 |
[05:56] | – What’s happening here? – You and me bonding. | -有什么事正在发生 -你我萌生友情 |
[05:58] | Check it out. | 快看 |
[06:02] | Tell me the truth: If you were a post-apocalyptic survivor, | 说实话 如果你是世界末日的幸存者 |
[06:05] | I would raise goats, hoard cinnamon. | 我会养羊 囤积肉桂 |
[06:07] | And travel only at night. | 只在夜间出行 |
[06:08] | But, please, I have some work to do here. | 抱歉 我现在正忙着呢 |
[06:11] | Just one thing. Watch this. | 就一件事 你看 |
[06:12] | Initiate ballistic foam. | 泡泡飞弹 发射 |
[06:28] | – What the hell? – Sorry. | -卧了个大槽 -对不起 |
[06:30] | You just destroyed five hours of work! | 我五小时的心血都被你毁了 |
[06:32] | – I’ll clean it up. – No, you don’t touch it! | -我来清理 -不准碰 |
[06:39] | I know this is bad timing, | 我知道这么说欠揍 |
[06:40] | But I should go if I’m gonna make the movie, so… | 但我要去忙电影的事了 所以… |
[06:45] | What are you doing? | 你要干嘛 |
[06:46] | Something nobody ever does. | 做别人没做过的事 |
[06:49] | Teaching you consequences. | 教你如何承担后果 |
[06:53] | – But I have to go. – But you can’t. | -但我有事要走 -你走不了 |
[06:55] | Huh, isn’t that crazy? | 这很疯狂吧 |
[06:56] | You ever been grounded? You ever been punished? | 你被禁足过吗 被惩罚过吗 |
[06:58] | Do you have any idea what it feels like | 你知道被拒绝的感觉 |
[07:00] | to be refused something? | 是怎样的吗 |
[07:01] | I know what it feels like when people try to control me. | 我知道被别人试图控制的那种感觉 |
[07:04] | You should know it never goes their way. | 你要知道 这些人从没得逞过 |
[07:06] | And what “Kicky punch” movie is that from? | 这句话出自哪部「拳拳踢战警」电影呢 |
[07:09] | The ones you’ve seen | 是你看过的 |
[07:11] | Or the one I’m gonna watch you miss? | 还是你将要错过的 |
[07:20] | I said I was sorry. | 我道过歉了 |
[07:22] | I’m sorry I punched my landlord, | 痛殴房东后 我也道过歉 |
[07:24] | But I’m not gettin’ my deposit back. | 但没人把保释金还给我啊 |
[07:26] | That’s an example of you being punished | 这就是你存心欺负人 |
[07:28] | For choosing to hurt someone. | 然后被惩罚的典型例子 |
[07:29] | I wrecked your papers by accident. | 我不是存心弄坏你的画稿的 |
[07:30] | You chose to spray this crap on purpose | 你故意把这坨东西喷我桌上 |
[07:33] | Because you didn’t care what happened. | 因为你根本不计后果 |
[07:35] | You know, let me tell you something. | 我告诉你 |
[07:36] | For five years, I have watched people | 已经五年了 你身边的人 |
[07:38] | walk around on your eggshells. | 总是小心翼翼地对待你 |
[07:40] | “Oh, Abed. He’s so imaginative, so magical.” | 「阿布蒂很有想象力 很神奇」 |
[07:43] | “Everybody hide their hamburgers! | 「大家快把汉堡包藏起来」 |
[07:45] | “If Abed sees a hamburger, we’ll all travel in time.” | 「阿布蒂看到会以为我们在穿梭时空」 |
[07:48] | “Let’s eat cookies and ice cream | 「咱们穿着睡衣吃曲奇和冰激凌吧 |
[07:50] | and dress in pajamas in the middle of the day.” | 虽说现在是大白天」 |
[07:52] | I watched my third wife die! | 我目睹了我第三任老婆的死 |
[07:58] | You think I’m spoiled? | 你觉得我被宠坏了吗 |
[08:00] | And you think I’m spoiled because it’s never occurred | 你觉得大家都宠着我 就因为 |
[08:01] | To anyone to do this? | 没人会这样对待我吗 |
[08:03] | You’re not the Marco Polo of bullying me. | 你并不是勇于欺负我的斗士 |
[08:05] | You’re just another tourist taking pictures of a great, big wall. | 你是又一个当我是怪胎的冷漠路人甲 |
[08:07] | Oh, you’re gonna make me cry. | 我快被你蠢哭了 |
[08:09] | When’s the last time someone physically limited you? | 你上次被禁足是什么时候 |
[08:11] | Oh, just now. | 就在刚才 |
[08:12] | You physically ruined my drawings. | 你堂而皇之地毁了我的画 |
[08:16] | Drawings of what? | 你画的是什么 |
[08:20] | You’re an artist? | 你是个艺术家 |
[08:23] | I destroyed something valuable? | 我毁了价值连城的艺术品吗 |
[08:29] | Looked like you were doodling chickens. | 看起来你只是在涂鸦小鸡 |
[08:31] | He is a duck! | 他是鸭子 |
[08:32] | Hey! | 喂 |
[08:39] | You’re not allowed in there. | 你不能进去 |
[08:41] | Well, I just did a one-man show | 我刚完成了一部独角戏 |
[08:43] | For a little audience that would beg to disagree. | 观众们可欢迎我了 |
[08:45] | Audience? In there? | 观众 那里面吗 |
[08:48] | We haven’t had a single person or performance | 自从1997年的火灾 |
[08:51] | in that theater since the 1997 fire. | 那个剧场就不再演出 也没有观众 |
[08:54] | 24 people died. | 当时死了24个人 |
[08:58] | So what have you guys been up to? | 你们最近在忙什么呀 |
[09:00] | Well, this. Raising money. | 募集善款啦 |
[09:01] | Organizing. Trying to make a difference. | 组织活动啦 我们想改变世界 |
[09:03] | I’m impressed, and embarrassed. | 我很感动 也很羞愧 |
[09:05] | I sold out. | 我背离了自己的信念 |
[09:06] | – We sold out. – You did not sell out. | -我们才背离了信念 -你没有 |
[09:08] | I’m going to community college to start a career. | 我去社区大学读书 以求找份工作 |
[09:10] | We’re in real estate. | 我们是做房地产的 |
[09:12] | We own the building we’re standing in. | 这栋楼是我们名下的 |
[09:14] | – Wow. You guys did sell out! – I know! | -你们背离得够可以的啊 -对吧 |
[09:18] | I should introduce myself to her friends. | 我该向她的朋友们自我介绍 |
[09:20] | I knew it! | 我就知道 |
[09:22] | You don’t have a drinking problem! | 你才不酗酒 |
[09:23] | You have feelings for Britta, you disgusting monster! | 你对布雷塔还念念不忘 你个贱人 |
[09:26] | Fine. Yes. | 好吧 我承认 |
[09:27] | Something about everybody liking her turns me on. | 看到她那么受欢迎 令我蠢蠢欲动 |
[09:29] | It’s a problem I have. | 我是有这毛病 |
[09:30] | I hated Reese’s Pieces before | 我以前不爱吃瑞希糖豆 |
[09:32] | E.T. ate them, sorry. | 直到「ET」里外星人吃它 抱歉 |
[09:33] | – You’re a bad friend! – That’s not fair! | -你是个损友 -这话太没天理了 |
[09:36] | Wait, that’s really not fair. You’re a terrible friend. | 你这么说真是丧尽天良 你才是损友 |
[09:39] | She was mine first. | 我先追到她的 |
[09:40] | And it’s not like she belongs to anybody. | 而且她又不是某个人的专属 |
[09:41] | Oh, here we go. | 好吧 又来了 |
[09:42] | “Love isn’t a game,” Say the guys that always win. | 「爱情不是儿戏」 出自某情场高手 |
[09:45] | And now, you’re going to go pull a Dane Cook | 现在 你又打算学戴恩·库克 |
[09:47] | in one of those three movies he was in | 效仿他那三部电影里的样子 |
[09:49] | about Dane Cook getting laid by accident. | 机缘巧合地泡到妞 |
[09:51] | Only it’s not a Dane Cook movie, Jeff, | 只可惜 这不是戴恩·库克的电影 杰夫 |
[09:54] | Because this time, someone’s watching: Me. | 这次的主角是我 |
[09:58] | Your friend, British Jason Biggs. | 你的好基友 英国版贾森·比格 |
[10:01] | If you never call me Dane Cook again, I’ll stand down… | 要是你不把我说成戴恩·库克 我就退出 |
[10:05] | for an hour. | 一小时 |
[10:06] | Okay. An hour. | 说定了 一小时 |
[10:13] | Are your duck drawings a secret? | 你的鸭子漫画是个秘密吗 |
[10:14] | Is that why you do ’em when nobody’s around? | 所以你才在没人的时候画画 |
[10:16] | Not that it’s any of your business, | 这些事和你无关 |
[10:17] | But I am a cartoonist in my spare time. | 但我确实是个业余漫画家 |
[10:20] | My cartoon’s about a duck. I was drawing him. | 漫画的主角是只鸭子 我画的正是他 |
[10:22] | Does the duck have a name? Does he have powers? | 这只鸭子有名字吗 有超能力吗 |
[10:25] | I’m not pitching to you. | 我没向你推荐我的漫画 |
[10:27] | You’re afraid I won’t like it. | 你担心我会给差评 |
[10:29] | Sure. | 呵呵 |
[10:30] | I’ve been a cab driver, a soldier, a cop, | 我做过出租车司机 军人 条子 |
[10:32] | But what terrifies me the most | 但我最害怕的是 |
[10:34] | is the opinion of a manchild in cardboard pants. | 穿着纸糊装甲的小盆友的评价 |
[10:37] | Kickpuncher was a cop before he became a cyborg. | 拳拳踢战警在变成半机械人前也是个条子 |
[10:40] | So you were a cop before you became…this. | 你在变成这副样子之前也是个条子 |
[10:43] | And what were you before this? | 那你在这之前是什么 |
[10:47] | Were you normal? | 你正常吗 |
[10:48] | Or do you act like this because | 还是说你现在这德性是因为 |
[10:49] | somebody stuffed you in a locker? | 当初曾被人塞进了储物柜 |
[10:51] | Is that the idea? | 是这么回事吗 |
[10:52] | Other way around. | 事实正相反 |
[10:54] | What else do you want to know about me? | 你还想知道我的什么事 |
[10:55] | What makes you stop talking. | 做什么能让你闭嘴 |
[10:56] | – Letting me go. – After you miss your movie. | -放我走 -得等到你错过电影之后 |
[10:58] | Because you want me to suffer. | 你想让我受苦 |
[11:00] | For destroying your duck cartoons? | 是因为我毁了你的鸭子漫画 |
[11:02] | The ones you’re ashamed of? | 你为之感到羞耻的漫画 |
[11:21] | 先生 每根香蕉 都算作 一件商品 | |
[11:28] | Uh, which one were you laughing at? | 你在笑哪一段 |
[11:32] | No, no, no, no, no! Stop that! | 不要不要 别鼓掌 |
[11:34] | You’re ghosts! | 你们是鬼魂 |
[11:36] | We’re ghosts? | 我们是鬼魂 |
[11:37] | The janitor out there told me you died in 1997. | 外面的清洁工说你们1997年就死了 |
[11:40] | Janitor? | 清洁工 |
[11:44] | Those guys in there told me | 里面的人告诉我 |
[11:46] | that you’re the one that died in a fire | 是你在大火中死掉了 |
[11:48] | and you’re a ghost! | 你才是鬼魂 |
[11:49] | And you just believed ’em? | 你就这么相信他们了 |
[11:51] | You just believed a bunch of ghosts? | 你相信了一群鬼魂 |
[12:02] | Have you guys seen that billboard on Water Street | 你们看到水街上那个 |
[12:05] | for consensual perfume? | 两厢情愿香水广告牌了吗 |
[12:07] | The one with the man chasing the woman through the grass | 那个男人在草地上追逐女人 |
[12:09] | and it says, “Proven in its field”? | 广告词是「实战证明有效」那个 |
[12:11] | Yeah, proven in its field | 是的 实战证明有效 |
[12:12] | and in labs on the eyeballs of rabbits. | 还在兔子的眼球上也被证明有效呢 |
[12:14] | We should make it say that! Who’s got the spray paint? | 我们应该把这句加上 谁有喷漆 |
[12:19] | No, guys, I’m serious! | 伙计们 我是认真的 |
[12:21] | Doug and Janet, you’re on lookout. | 道格 珍妮特 你们把风 |
[12:23] | Michael works the ladder. I will banksy that mother! | 米克尔把住梯子 我去把这句话涂上 |
[12:25] | Come on, guys, we gotta start taking risks again. | 拜托 伙计们 我们得勇于冒险 |
[12:28] | Well, that’s convenient for the one with nothing to lose. | 你没什么可失去的 当然站着说话不腰疼 |
[12:34] | Oh, so the person with the least wealth | 怎么 最穷的人 |
[12:37] | has the least valid argument? | 最没有话语权咯 |
[12:39] | That’s convenient. | 还真富人得天下啊 |
[12:40] | Britta, how many people have you fed this year besides yourself? | 布雷塔 这一年除了自己你还喂饱了多少人 |
[12:44] | – Oh, Janet… – No, look. | -珍妮特 -不 听着 |
[12:45] | I’ve spent enough time feeling bad. | 我已经受够了内疚了 |
[12:51] | Fight the power! | 对抗强权 |
[13:05] | – Would you like to go… – Yeah. | -你想去 -好啊 |
[13:08] | Yeah? | 同意啦 |
[13:09] | Oh, my God. | 老天 |
[13:18] | 我就是喜欢 坐这里喂鸽子 | |
[13:20] | 我们不吃 面筋 | |
[13:25] | These are really good. | 画得挺好的 |
[13:26] | It helps me to see why you were so upset. | 它帮我明白了你为什么那么沮丧 |
[13:29] | Did I ruin anything as good as what’s in here? | 我毁掉的漫画也跟这些一样精彩吗 |
[13:31] | Ah, just practic drawings. | 只是些随手画的 |
[13:33] | I have to practice drawing the duck from different angles. | 我得练习从不同角度画鸭子 |
[13:36] | It’s hard when his back’s turned 3/4 because of the beak. | 他转体75度后不好画 因为他的喙 |
[13:39] | Well… I’m a real jerk for wrecking it. | 我真的很混账 毁掉了那些画 |
[13:43] | Ah, you didn’t do it on purpose. | 你又不是故意的 |
[13:44] | That doesn’t excuse my behavior. | 那也不能抵消我的行为 |
[13:46] | No, I appreciate that. | 你这么说我很感激 |
[13:47] | It’s a good apology. You’re a good kid. | 很真挚的道歉 你是个好孩子 |
[13:52] | All right. Well… | 好 那… |
[13:55] | I can see from the clock that if I hit all the green lights… | 我看表 只要我一路绿灯 |
[13:57] | I’m sorry, I can’t let you go. | 抱歉 我不能放你走 |
[13:58] | That’d undercut the larger lesson. | 那就没法让你明白大道理了 |
[14:00] | Yes, the lesson being that you’re very talented. | 大道理是你很有才华 |
[14:02] | But I have this thing. I can’t walk into a movie… | 但问题是 我不能在开演了之后进… |
[14:04] | You’re not going to the movie. | 你不能去看电影 |
[14:09] | Yes, I am. | 我要去 |
[14:10] | – You need this. – Let me go! | -你需要上一课 -放我走 |
[14:12] | This is you learning. | 这是教你懂事 |
[14:14] | You’re a bad person and a bad cartoonist. | 你是坏人 还是很渣的漫画画手 |
[14:16] | You go ahead. Hurt my feelings. | 来啊 伤我感情啊 |
[14:18] | Oh! You have feelings, huh? | 你还有感情呢 |
[14:20] | Have you considered putting them into your work? | 有没有想过把感情融到作品里去 |
[14:21] | Your cartoons are monuments to joylessness, | 你的作品简直就是无趣的代言词 |
[14:24] | nervously assembled jokes based on nothing from your life | 紧张拼凑的笑话既不是根据你的生活而来 |
[14:25] | or anyone’s life! | 也和其他人的生活无关 |
[14:26] | You’re furious at me for being creative | 你生我气 是因为我有创作力 |
[14:28] | because you want to be able to create. | 因为你想像我那样能创作 |
[14:29] | You have all this rage and shame and loneliness, | 你满心的愤怒 羞耻 孤独 |
[14:31] | which I don’t even know how to feel much less understand, | 那些都是我不曾感受到 更别提理解的东西 |
[14:33] | and you decide to put what on paper? | 结果呢 你把什么画到纸上了 |
[14:34] | A duck. Jim the duck. You think I’m crazy. | 鸭子 吉姆鸭 你认为我是疯子 |
[14:36] | You think there’s something wrong with me. | 你认为我脑子出了问题 |
[14:37] | Jim the duck? | 吉姆鸭 |
[14:39] | Publishers are interested! | 出版商很感兴趣 |
[14:40] | Oh! Yeah, well, publishers are stupid. | 是吗 出版商都是傻叉 |
[14:41] | Either that or you’re misinterpreting | 不然就是你没有理解对 |
[14:42] | what was probably a form letter. | 什么叫做通函 |
[14:44] | – You shut up. – You shut up. | -你闭嘴 -你闭嘴 |
[14:45] | – Now you shut up. – You shut up. | -你闭嘴 -你闭嘴 |
[14:46] | Oh, are we yelling? Are we yelling right now? | 开始大喊了 开始了吗 |
[14:47] | – Self-centered… – Yelling! I’m yelling! | -自私 -喊啊 喊啊 |
[14:48] | Yelling! I’m yelling, I’m yelling, I’m yelling! | 喊啊 我在大喊 |
[14:50] | And you’re not talented! You made me miss my movie! | 你没有才华 害我错过了电影 |
[14:57] | You made me miss my movie. | 你害我错过了电影 |
[15:11] | In the words of your hacky duck, “What the hell?” | 用你那破鸭子的话说 不是吧 |
[15:20] | Do you like music? | 你喜欢音乐吗 |
[15:22] | Everyone likes music. | 人人都喜欢音乐 |
[15:24] | What are you, a fish? | 难不成你是一条鱼咩 |
[15:26] | I have…ooh, I-I tell you what we could listen to. | 我有…我知道我们该听什么了 |
[15:29] | Do you know Rimples and Splikket? | 你知道林普&斯比凯特吗 |
[15:32] | They were the british Laurel and Hardy. | 他们是英国的劳莱与哈代[著名喜剧二人组] |
[15:37] | Most of their stuff is timeless, but you do need to know | 他们很经典的 但你要知道 |
[15:40] | that the Prime Minister went to Oxford, | 首相上的是牛津 |
[15:42] | not cambridge, as the sketch implies. | 不是如段子里所说上的是剑桥 |
[15:45] | Are they speaking English? | 他们在说英文吗 |
[15:47] | Okay. ’80s German techno it is. | 好 那就听上世纪80年代德国电子舞曲吧 |
[15:52] | Do you have any friends? | 你有朋友吗 |
[15:53] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[15:54] | I’ve been defining myself with reactions | 我一直通过自己与别人的相互反应 |
[15:57] | to and from other people my whole life. | 来定义我自己 |
[15:59] | Now I feel worthless just because | 现在我觉得自己一无是处 |
[16:01] | I’m worthless in relation to my friends, | 因为我在交友方面一无是处 |
[16:04] | which means they’re not my friends. | 就是说他们根本不是我朋友 |
[16:06] | Who are your friends? | 你的朋友都有谁 |
[16:08] | Well, there’s my neighbor, Pat. | 我邻居 帕特 |
[16:09] | I try to stay on his good side. I owe him money. | 我只说他的优点 我欠他钱 |
[16:12] | Uh, Jeff. I’d call you a friend. | 还有杰夫 你也是我朋友 |
[16:14] | Well, in fact, I’d call you a… | 其实 你也算是我… |
[16:16] | Oh, that’s right. You and Jeff have actually known | 对啊 你跟杰夫认识的年头 |
[16:18] | each other longer than anybody, huh? | 比谁都长 对吧 |
[16:20] | I always forget that. | 我老是忘记这点 |
[16:21] | I guess ’cause you guys don’t really act like friends. | 可能是因为你们表现得不像朋友 |
[16:27] | Yeah, I guess not so much. | 对 差不多吧 |
[16:31] | Where are we going? | 我们要去哪 |
[16:35] | Well, I think you should go home. | 我觉得你应该回家 |
[16:40] | Because you’re having an existential crisis, | 因为你现在质疑自我存在 |
[16:44] | and the best lesson you could take away from it | 你能从中得到的最好的教训就是 |
[16:47] | is that you are someone, even when you’re by yourself. | 你有非凡之处 即便是你一个人的时候 |
[16:50] | I think you’re right. Thank you. | 你说得对 谢谢 |
[16:53] | And please don’t take offense at this, | 我下面说的话请不要见怪 |
[16:55] | but thank you for not hitting on me. | 谢谢你没有勾搭我 |
[16:56] | I was just vulnerable enough to do something really stupid. | 我刚才那么脆弱 什么傻事都做得出来 |
[17:02] | – What’s wrong? – Nothing. Nothing. | -怎么了 -没事 没事 |
[17:04] | It’s nothing. | 啥事没有 |
[17:04] | It’s the… the stupid steering wheel | 就是这该死的方向盘 |
[17:06] | is on the wrong side of the car. | 又跑偏了 |
[17:14] | – What are you doing here? – I want to show you something. | -你来干嘛 -给你看点东西 |
[17:20] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[17:22] | It’s a script I wrote about a cop on the edge. | 我写的剧本 讲的是一个游走在边缘的警察 |
[17:25] | Troy thought it was hilarious. | 特洛伊觉得太搞笑了 |
[17:27] | I didn’t have the heart to tell him it wasn’t a comedy. | 我不忍心告诉他这不是喜剧 |
[17:29] | Why are you giving this to me? | 你给我干嘛 |
[17:30] | I know all the tricks and tropes of filmmaking, | 制作电影的各项技术我都懂 |
[17:32] | but what I’m missing is what I think | 但我没有的是 |
[17:33] | the critics call “substance,” | 那些影评家所谓的「故事情节」 |
[17:35] | which is you more than me. | 这点恰好你有 |
[17:37] | You want to be film partners? | 你想跟我合拍电影 |
[17:46] | “It’s time for justice. Police Justice.” | 该正义上场了 警界正义 |
[17:50] | Wait, the character’s name is “Police Justice”? | 等等 「警界正义」是人物名 |
[17:54] | Yeah, I think I may be able to help. | 好吧 我应该能帮上忙 |
[17:57] | I’m sorry for the stuff I said. | 我为之前说的话道歉 |
[18:02] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[18:04] | Sit down. | 坐吧 |
[18:11] | You drink scotch? | 喝苏格兰威士忌吗 |
[18:12] | – No. – You’re gonna. | -不喝 -你会喝的 |
[18:16] | Hey, handsome. This stool taken? | 帅哥 这边有人吗 |
[18:20] | Struck out, huh? | 三振出局了吗 |
[18:21] | If that makes you feel better. | 如果这样能让你好受点的话 |
[18:23] | Or maybe I just realized that I was spending the whole night | 又或许我刚刚意识到这一整晚 |
[18:27] | getting to third base with the wrong person. | 我心心念念想上的三垒其实搞错对象了 |
[18:32] | You’re a good friend, | 你是个好朋友 |
[18:33] | and I don’t say that often enough. | 这话我不经常说 |
[18:35] | That’s really nice. | 太贴心了 |
[18:38] | But you can’t have sex with me. | 但你不能跟我滚床单 |
[18:39] | How about we have these drinks | 不如我们喝掉这些酒 |
[18:41] | and then not have sex, with anyone, together? | 然后不跟任何人滚床单 都不许滚 |
[18:46] | Sounds good. | 可以 |
[18:48] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[18:50] | So a 9-millimeter’s actually better than a 10-millimeter? | 所以9毫米的真的比10毫米的好吗 |
[18:52] | Millimeter don’t make no difference. | 毫米不重要 |
[18:54] | Bullets just kinda kill you. | 是子弹就能干掉你 |
[18:56] | “Bullets just kinda kill you.” | 是子弹就能干掉你 |
[18:57] | Are you quoting something? | 这是你引用的吗 |
[18:58] | – Can I use that? – Yeah. | -我能用吗 -可以 |
[19:00] | You left your handkerchief at my place last night. | 你昨晚把手帕丢在我家了 |
[19:02] | We had a boys’ night. | 我们享受了一个纯爷们之夜 |
[19:04] | A bottle of booze, an argument about sports cars. | 喝了瓶酒 讨论了下跑车 |
[19:06] | And I cut my hand trying to prove that I can whittle. | 为了证明我会削木头还把手给割伤了 |
[19:09] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[19:13] | Oh, hey. How was your night? | 早啊 昨晚过得怎么样 |
[19:14] | Great. I had a monumental evening… | 很好 过了纪念性的一晚 |
[19:17] | by myself. | 就我自个儿 |
[19:19] | Almost feel left out. | 差不多感觉被冷落了 |
[19:21] | Well, we’ve had our share of focus lately. | 我们分享了自己最近的兴趣爱好 |
[19:23] | Mm-hmm. Speak for yourself. | 随便你怎么说吧 |
[19:27] | I’m fine. I just, um… | 我很好 就是… |
[19:31] | Do you guys believe in ghosts? | 你们相信有鬼吗 |
[19:33] | And if you do, do you believe | 如果相信的话 那你们相信 |
[19:36] | what those ghosts tell you about other ghosts? | 一群鬼跟你说的另一群鬼的故事吗 |
[19:38] | Chang, you cannot be on the committee | 昌 如果你再这么发神经 |
[19:40] | if you’re going to be actively insane. | 就不能参加委员会了 |
[19:43] | I’m not insane. I swear. I just, um… | 我没神经 我发誓 我只是… |
[19:46] | had a weird experience at the theater last night. | 昨晚在剧院经历了很诡异的事情 |
[19:49] | – You were there? – Yeah, you were there? | -你在那 -你在吗 |
[19:50] | What do you mean? Of course I was. | 什么意思 我当然在 |
[19:52] | Huh, I guess we just didn’t see you. | 可能我们没看到你 |
[19:56] | Well, the ants were people. | 那些蚂蚁代表人类 |
[19:58] | The queen ant was an oil company. | 蚁后是石油公司 |
[20:04] | What if I don’t exist? | 要是我根本不存在该怎么办 |
[20:06] | Oh, I got this. | 我太理解你了 |
[20:07] | I had a very similar night last night. | 我昨晚的经历跟你极其相似 |
[20:10] | Go home, light some candles, and take a bath. | 回家点几根蜡烛 洗个澡 |
[20:13] | Okay, coolsies. | 好吧 |
[20:43] | Hey! I was thinking off-campus lunch. | 我打算出去吃午饭 |
[20:45] | What’s that tex-mex place you mentioned? | 你之前说那家兼具德州与墨西哥风情的店在哪 |
[20:47] | Salsa von taco’s? Read my mind! | 萨沙玉米卷吗 看我表情 |
[20:53] | – No, no. – Oh, no, no, no, no. | -别 -别别别 |
[20:55] | No, no, no, no, no. | 别别别别介啊 |
[20:57] | – Nah. – Oh, okay. Yeah. | -算了吧 -好 行吧 |
[20:59] | No, wha…let’s… | 不 啥 咱还是… |
[21:00] | – No. – No, no, no. | -不 -别别别 |
[21:01] | Well…o-okay. | 好吧 |
[21:03] | You…you just… | 你还是 |
[21:04] | Ah. Oh, okay. | 好吧好吧 |
[21:05] | – I… – Wha… | -我 -啥 |
[21:05] | I-I just don’t like being left behind! | 我不喜欢被人丢下 |
[21:08] | My father got drunk in pubs | 我爸在酒吧买醉 |
[21:10] | and left me in my room with nothing! | 把我一个人丢在家里 啥都没有 |
[21:12] | – So did mine! – Oh, why would he do that? | -我爸也是 -他为什么要这样 |
[21:14] | Why do they do that? | 他们为什么要这样 |
[21:15] | Why? | 为什么 |
[21:16] | Why do they do that? | 他们为什么要这样 |
[21:20] | I-I won’t go to that tex-mex place. | 我不会去那家德墨风情餐厅的 |
[21:22] | Oh, that’s all I wanted you to say. | 就等着你这句话呢 |