时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I think I’m failing psychopharmacology. | 估计我的精神药理学要挂了 |
[00:04] | Why are you taking that? | 谁让你选那门课 |
[00:06] | I thought it was a class | 我以为这门课讲的是 |
[00:07] | about crazy farm animals, okay? | 农场动物疯狂总动员呢 |
[00:09] | Let’s finish the unit. | 继续学习这个单元吧 |
[00:10] | I don’t want to be late for lunch. | 我可不想错过午饭 |
[00:12] | “Amar” is “To love,” right? | “Amar”的意思是”爱慕” 对吗 |
[00:14] | Oh! Speaking of love, | 说到爱慕 |
[00:16] | Shirley, how’s it going with the sexy dreadlock guy? | 雪瑞 跟那位满头小辫的帅哥进展如何 |
[00:18] | Oh, I’m sure I don’t have a chance with him. | 我看肯定是没戏了 |
[00:21] | Abed and I talked to him by the vending machines. | 我和阿布蒂在自动贩卖机旁跟他聊过 |
[00:23] | He asked about you. | 他问起你了 |
[00:24] | He specifically asked about me? | 他专门问起我了吗 |
[00:26] | When Annie brought you up, he specifically asked, | 当时安妮提起你 他专门问道 |
[00:28] | -“Who is that?” – Abed. | -她是谁 -阿布蒂 |
[00:30] | What? That’s what he said. | 怎么了 他就是这么说的 |
[00:32] | Abed, your social skills aren’t exactly streets ahead. | 阿布蒂 你社交能力还是没炼到”远界”水平 |
[00:35] | You know what I mean? | 你懂我的意思没 |
[00:37] | – I don’t. – You’re not alone in this case. | -不懂 -我也不懂 |
[00:38] | Pierce, stop trying to coin the phrase, | 皮尔斯 别在那儿尝试杜撰词语了 |
[00:40] | – “Streets ahead.” – Trying? | -什么乱七八糟的 -尝试? |
[00:44] | Coined and minted. | 杜撰铸就成功 |
[00:46] | Been there, coined that. | 有种你也来一句 |
[00:47] | “Streets ahead” is verbal wildfire. | “远界”会在潮语中形成燎原之势 |
[00:50] | Does it just mean “Cool,” or is it | 意思是”很酷”呢 |
[00:52] | supposed to be, like, “Miles ahead”? | 还是只是说”遥遥领先” |
[00:55] | If you have to ask, you’re “streets fine”. | 你问这问题 说明你是”中间界” |
[00:57] | Okay, we can banter if we want to banter, | 要继续瞎扯淡的话随便你们 |
[00:59] | but I’m warning you I am leaving for lunch early. | 不过我可先申明 我要提前去吃午饭 |
[01:01] | – Me too. – Me three. | -我也是 -还有我 |
[01:02] | Streets ahead. | 还有远界大师我 |
[01:03] | Man, you guys really love these stupid chicken fingers, huh? | 你们就这么喜欢吃那垃圾鸡柳吗 |
[01:06] | Uh, they’re not stupid. | 那可不是垃圾 |
[01:08] | They’re the only good thing in the cafeteria. | 那是餐厅里唯一能下咽的东西 |
[01:09] | I haven’t had one in weeks. They run out so fast. | 我好几个星期没吃上了 太容易脱销了 |
[01:12] | If god were edible– not that I’m catholic, | 要是上帝也能吃的话 声明我不信天主 |
[01:14] | but if it was cool to eat God, | 要是我能吃掉上帝的话 |
[01:15] | he’d be a chicken finger. | 他最好是盘炸鸡柳 |
[01:17] | Well, I wouldn’t know. | 我不用烦心这事 |
[01:18] | I’m a vegetarian. | 我是素食主义者 |
[01:20] | – Shocker. – Yeah. | -看不出来啊 -是啊 |
[01:21] | And if you guys knew how they treated | 要是你们知道 你每天的食物 |
[01:23] | the animals that you are eating, | 生前有着何样的遭遇 |
[01:24] | you would eat them even faster | 你们肯定会更加飞速地吃了它们 |
[01:26] | just to put them out of their misery. | 好让它们早死早超生 |
[01:28] | And then you would throw up. | 然后就会狂吐不止 |
[01:30] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[01:31] | Maybe I’m feeling extra protective | 可能是因为我的小猫咪生病了 |
[01:33] | of animals today because my cat is sick. | 我今天格外地有保护动物的欲望 |
[01:36] | – Oh, a cat? – That’s awful. | -猫咪病了吗 -太可怜了 |
[01:37] | He has diabetes. | 它得了糖尿病 |
[01:38] | He can’t even make it to the litter box– | 连走到便便沙盆的力气都没有了 |
[01:40] | Chicken run! | 小鸡快跑啊 |
[01:45] | I’m afraid that I’m gonna have to put her to sleep. | 恐怕只能哄着它睡了 |
[01:50] | Ah, go on. | 算了 去吧 |
[01:51] | God bless you. | 上帝保佑你 |
[01:52] | Save some for me! | 给我留一点 |
[01:53] | Watch out! | 小心 |
[02:03] | Oh, I can hear those fingers calling my name. | 我都能听到鸡柳召唤我的声音了 |
[02:06] | “Troy! Troy!” | 特洛伊 特洛伊 |
[02:07] | Troy, did you get my text message? | 特洛伊 你收到我的短信了吗 |
[02:10] | I think it’s– | 好像是 |
[02:15] | I got to stop hanging out with her. | 看来以后得少跟她混在一起了 |
[02:17] | She sounds like a chicken finger. | 她的声音听着像是鸡柳 |
[02:19] | – Again? – Outrageous. | -又没了 -太过分了 |
[02:22] | At least apologize. | 至少要道个歉吧 |
[02:24] | How can you just stand there like a mute idiot? | 你怎么好意思像个哑巴脑残一样站在那 |
[02:32] | Well, throat surgery might humanize you, | 做了喉部手术 我就原谅你了 |
[02:34] | but it doesn’t make this acceptable. | 可这事绝对不可原谅 |
[02:35] | So cute. | 真帅 |
[02:36] | And I don’t even normally like dreadlocks. | 而且我一般是不喜欢满头辫子男的 |
[02:39] | Hello. | 你好 |
[02:43] | His dreadlocks remind me of the predator, | 他的发型看着像是捕食者 |
[02:45] | which is weird, because you’re doing the actual hunting | 这很有意思 因为你才是进攻方 |
[02:48] | and you seem invisible to him. | 你完全被无视了 |
[02:52] | – Abed, you know what I do? – Hmm? | -阿布蒂 你知道我是怎么做的吗 -啥 |
[02:53] | Before I talk, I ask myself, | 张嘴之前 先问问自己 |
[02:55] | “What am I about to say | 我即将说出来的话 |
[02:56] | and how might it affect each person listening?” | 会对听者带来怎样的感受 |
[02:59] | I’m really glad you said that, Britta. | 真高兴你这么说 布雷塔 |
[03:01] | The idea that you compulsively filter yourself | 你这样强迫症似的自律 |
[03:03] | makes your lack of flavor kind of a flavor. | 使你的无趣至极也别有一番趣味 |
[03:06] | Sorry, guys. They ran out again. | 不好意思 又卖完了 |
[03:09] | Something’s gotta be done. | 得想点办法 |
[03:14] | Hey! | 说你呢 |
[03:16] | What the hell, man? | 你搞什么 |
[03:19] | That’s half our problem right there. | 一半鸡柳都跑那边去了 |
[03:21] | Star-Burns works the fryer and skims fingers. | 星霸趁炸鸡柳之便谋私利 |
[03:24] | No way. | 不会吧 |
[03:25] | He gives them to people just so | 他送鸡柳给别人 |
[03:26] | they’ll act like he isn’t Star-Burns. | 大家就装作不鄙视他了 |
[03:28] | Well, I may not eat meat, | 虽说我不吃肉 |
[03:30] | but I am not gonna eat that injustice. | 但我绝对不能忍受这种不公平待遇 |
[03:32] | Let’s complain. | 咱们投诉去 |
[03:33] | If we complain, he gets a warning and learns to be sneakier. | 投诉后校方会警告他 他就会学乖变为暗箱操作了 |
[03:36] | I say we knock him out of the kitchen | 我建议 咱们把他踢出厨房 |
[03:38] | and replace him with one of our own | 然后把我们的人安插进去 |
[03:39] | all in one move. | 一步到位 |
[03:41] | Then we’re the ones with the chicken. | 以后就是我们掌管鸡柳大权了 |
[03:43] | It’s like a mafia movie. | 就像是黑帮电影里那样 |
[03:44] | As far back as I can remember, | 在我的记忆里 |
[03:45] | I always wanted to be in a mafia movie. | 我一直想出演黑帮电影 |
[03:47] | – Cool. – That’s exactly what it’s like, Abed, | -太棒了 -就像是黑帮电影 阿布蒂 |
[03:49] | and you get the most important job. | 而你需要做最重要的工作 |
[03:51] | You’re gonna be fry cook. | 你去当炸鸡的厨子 |
[03:52] | We may be watching different mafia movies. | 我们看的不是同一部黑帮电影吧 |
[03:54] | You worked in your dad’s restaurant, right? | 你在你父亲的餐馆工作过 对吧 |
[03:56] | Well, you’ll apply for the job | 我们想办法把星霸开除 |
[03:57] | after we get Star-Burns fired. | 你就去申请那个职位 |
[03:59] | I don’t know about that. | 我不知道 |
[04:00] | I don’t know about the firing. | 我不认为他会被炒掉 |
[04:01] | I think he really relies on that income. | 我认为他很需要这份薪水 |
[04:03] | Yeah, man. | 是啊 |
[04:04] | Every day you flock here like sheep | 每天你们都像羊群一样排队 |
[04:06] | and wait in line for a broken promise from a dirty system. | 等待这个肮脏体系无法兑现的诺言 |
[04:09] | Back in those days, | 那时候 |
[04:10] | Jeff Winger was the guy that made things happen. | 杰夫·翁格是事情的主宰 |
[04:11] | He always knew what to say | 他知道应该说什么 |
[04:13] | and he always knew when to slap the table. | 他总是知道什么时候拍桌子 |
[04:15] | You want to be sheep, keep flocking. | 你想当绵羊 就继续乖乖排队 |
[04:17] | You want to be wolves, form a pack. | 想要当狼 就要组成狼群 |
[04:19] | And that was it. It was that simple. | 就这样 他手到擒来 |
[04:22] | At that moment, we stopped being a family | 那一刻 我们不再是普通的大家庭 |
[04:24] | and started being a family… in italics. | 而是需要用斜体字特殊标注的 家族 |
[04:27] | Britta got cozy with Star-Burns. | 布雷塔对星霸施展美人计 |
[04:29] | – Can I touch both at–oh! – Yeah, do ’em both. | -我能两边都摸一下吗 -没问题 |
[04:31] | He lowered his guard, | 他放松了警惕 |
[04:34] | he was gone. | 就被开除了 |
[04:37] | I mean, the way Jeff saw it, by not respecting us, | 我是说 以杰夫的看法 星霸不尊重我们 |
[04:40] | Star-Burns had basically brought it on himself. | 他根本就是在自取其辱 |
[04:42] | And when his job opened up, we did what we had to do | 他的职位空悬时 我们竭尽全力 |
[04:44] | to keep the list of applicants to a minimum. | 保证申请名单上的人数降到最低 |
[04:47] | I had worked in my dad’s falafel restaurant, | 我在我父亲的炸豆丸子[中东特色菜]餐馆工作过 |
[04:49] | so I had a pretty impressive resume. | 我有非常不错的简历 |
[04:51] | It’s very impressive. | 非常好 |
[04:52] | Especially your reference. | 尤其是你的推荐单位 |
[04:54] | Just give ’em a call right now. | 我现在给他们打个电话 |
[04:55] | But we weren’t taking any chances. | 我们要确保万无一失 |
[04:57] | The fix was in. | 早就安排好了 |
[04:59] | Trump Tower, this is Donald. | 川普大厦 我是唐纳德[美国商业大亨] |
[05:02] | Well, he can deep-fry the hell out of chicken. | 当然 他能把炸鸡变成一项艺术 |
[05:03] | I can tell you that. | 这点我可以保证 |
[05:05] | Troy even applied for the same job | 特洛伊也申请了这份工作 |
[05:06] | and gave the world’s worst interview | 为了让我看起来更出色 |
[05:07] | just to make me look better | 他故意交出世界上最烂的面试 |
[05:09] | and that was that. | 大功告成 |
[05:11] | This was the glorious time. | 现在是荣耀的时刻 |
[05:13] | No more racing to the cafeteria. | 去餐厅不用跟赛跑似的 |
[05:15] | No more lines. | 不用排队 |
[05:16] | To us, lines were for suckers, hacks, sheep. | 对我们来说 窝囊废 输家 绵羊才排队 |
[05:19] | We were wolves. | 我们是狼群 |
[05:21] | And we had the chicken to prove it. | 我们有炸鸡柳作为凭证 |
[05:27] | To victory. | 为了胜利 |
[05:28] | It feels unfamiliar, but it tastes like chicken. | 吃起来还是鸡肉 不过感觉却不同 |
[05:34] | Hi. | 你好 |
[05:35] | – Hello. – You guys are lucky. | -你好 -你们很幸运 |
[05:38] | – They’re always running out. – Would you like one? | -炸鸡柳总是最先卖完 -你想要一个吗 |
[05:40] | Name’s Shirley. Memorize it. | 我叫雪瑞 记住了 |
[05:43] | I will, Shirley. | 没问题 雪瑞 |
[05:45] | See that, girls? | 看见了吧 女士们 |
[05:47] | The universe goes by supply and demand. | 供需关系统治世界 |
[05:49] | The more you take and use, the more it sends. | 你拿走与使用的越多 得到也就越多 |
[05:52] | Somebody’s been taking a little extra. | 看来有人拿了额外的 |
[05:54] | What’s in that container? | 里面装着什么 |
[05:54] | – Eight fingers. – Abed. | -八块炸鸡柳 -阿布蒂 |
[05:56] | Abed’s study group. | 阿布蒂的学习小组 |
[05:59] | Why are you giving Chang chicken? | 为什么给昌炸鸡 |
[06:00] | – We have an agreement. – But, Abed, | -我们有协议 -但是 阿布蒂 |
[06:02] | if you get caught skimming, you get fired | 如果你被发现玩小动作 你会被炒掉 |
[06:04] | and we all go back to eating like Britta. | 我们又要像布雷塔一样吃斋了 |
[06:06] | Yeah, we put you in that job. | 是啊 是我们给了你这份工作 |
[06:07] | I dressed like a crazy pharaoh for you, man. | 为了你我可是打扮成疯狂法老了 兄弟 |
[06:10] | You make the fingers, Abed, not the decisions. | 你做炸鸡 阿布蒂 不要做决定 |
[06:13] | – I’m sorry. – It’s okay, buddy. | -抱歉 -没关系 伙计 |
[06:14] | But just remember these things have power. | 但是要记得炸鸡柳代表着权利 |
[06:17] | So just let me know next time | 下次再定协议的时候 |
[06:19] | you have any more agreements, all right? | 告诉我一声 好吗 |
[06:21] | Yeah, I agreed to give Chang eight fingers per lunch | 我同意每顿午饭给昌八块炸鸡柳 |
[06:23] | in exchange for a 10% bump on every spanish test | 换来每次西语考试加10%的分数 |
[06:25] | for each of us. | 我们每人都有份 |
[06:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:29] | Abed makes the fingers and the decisions. | 阿布蒂既可以做炸鸡柳 也可以做决定 |
[06:30] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -是啊 -没错 |
[06:35] | Oh, Abed, you’re the best. | 阿布蒂 你是最棒的 |
[06:40] | At Greendale, they were always out of chicken fingers, | 在格林德尔 炸鸡柳总是不够 |
[06:42] | so whoever could get them had power. | 得炸鸡柳者得天下 |
[06:44] | And I was the guy in the apron, | 我是戴着围裙的那个人 |
[06:47] | so I came up with a system | 规矩就由我来定 |
[06:48] | and pretty soon half the chicken at Greendale was going out the side door. | 没过多久 格林德尔一半的炸鸡都是从侧门送出去的 |
[06:51] | Everybody in our crew had a job. | 我们的团队里各有分工 |
[06:54] | T-bone was the bag man. | 特哥负责装袋 |
[06:55] | He’d move the fingers to a storeroom | 他把炸鸡柳送到储藏室 |
[06:57] | where two of the girls did the packaging. | 由两位女士包装 |
[06:59] | We could trust them not to eat the supply | 我们不担心她们吃掉炸鸡 |
[07:01] | because Britta was a vegetarian | 因为布雷塔是素食主义者 |
[07:02] | and Shirley figured that if she stole, | 雪瑞则认为如果偷吃了 |
[07:04] | she’d go to hell. | 她会下地狱 |
[07:05] | They’d hand the stuff out the window to Annie. | 她们从窗口把成品交给安妮 |
[07:08] | She was the leg man and distributor. | 她负责跑腿和分发 |
[07:12] | The crazy thing was it was their food | 有意思的是这本来就是他们的食物 |
[07:14] | and we were stealing it and giving it back to them | 我们是把食物偷走再送还给他们 |
[07:16] | like it was a big favor. | 好像我们施了很大的恩惠 |
[07:18] | Nobody asked any questions | 没有人提出质疑 |
[07:20] | because Pierce’s experience as a CEO | 皮尔斯曾经的总裁经历 |
[07:22] | had taught him how to keep the wheels from squeaking. | 确保了整个行动畅通无阻 |
[07:24] | I had it all worked out on a schedule. | 我让一切都进行的井井有条 |
[07:26] | You know, I’ve never been fired from a job. | 你知道吗 我从来没有被辞退过 |
[07:28] | The minute before you thought about busting us, | 在你想要抓住我们之前的那一刻 |
[07:30] | that was the minute you had a chicken in your hand. | 就在那一刻 我们将炸鸡送到了你的手上 |
[07:32] | Really, it’s just insulting | 说真的 你在我面前 |
[07:33] | that you’re eating his chicken finger in front of me. | 吃他做的炸鸡柳简直就是在侮辱我嘛 |
[07:36] | Everyone had their hand out. | 大家都闲了下来 |
[07:38] | Everyone wanted what we had. | 所有人都对我们拥有的东西垂涎三尺 |
[07:42] | And Jeff had the most important job of all. | 在所有人中 杰夫有着最重要的工作 |
[07:45] | He was at the top. | 他高高在上 |
[07:46] | He was the boss. | 他就是老大 |
[07:47] | He was our leader. | 他就是我们的领袖 |
[07:49] | What the hell is going on? | 搞什么鬼 |
[07:51] | AV kids hooked it up. | 动漫系贡献的 |
[07:53] | Abed supplied the whole department with chicken fingers. | 阿布蒂为全系都提供了炸鸡柳 |
[07:55] | You think that’s good, | 这不算什么 |
[07:57] | check out my posse and Troy’s monkey. | 看看我的团队和特洛伊的猴子吧 |
[07:59] | Why do you have a monkey? | 你为什么会有只猴子 |
[08:01] | Uh, it’s an animal that looks like a dude. | 因为它是只看上去很像人类的动物 |
[08:03] | Why don’t I have ten of them? | 这么酷的东东 十只也不嫌多 |
[08:05] | Guys, look what Abed scored for me. | 伙计们 看看阿布蒂给我弄到了什么 |
[08:08] | It has a million zippers | 它有无数个拉链 |
[08:10] | and it was free. | 而且还是免费的哦 |
[08:17] | – Oh, robot. – I am a robot. | -哦 机器人舞 -我是个机器人 |
[08:19] | I am programmed to love this backpack. | 我被设定去喜欢这个背包 |
[08:22] | This is insane. | 你们都疯了 |
[08:23] | More insane than programming them to replace auto workers? | 比设定机器人代替汽车厂工人更疯狂吗 |
[08:26] | What? | 什么 |
[08:27] | Okay, okay, if you’re not in this study group, please. | 好吧 不是这学习小组的 请出去吧 |
[08:31] | – No, no. – That means you, sexy dreadlocks, | -不 -我在说你们呢 性感辫子哥 |
[08:34] | – Britta’s hairdresser… – What? | -布雷塔的美发师 -什么 |
[08:36] | -Pierce’s hackneyed entourage. – Hackneyed? | -皮尔斯老套的跟班 -老套 |
[08:39] | You see the turban guy? | 你看到那个戴头巾的家伙了吗 |
[08:41] | Yes, in a 90’s ski movie that featured an entourage. | 在90年代的滑雪电影中 那就是跟班的象征 |
[08:44] | Don’t you guys think this is getting out of hand? | 你们不觉得这有些失控了吗 |
[08:46] | Oh, we’re not gonna get caught. | 可我们又没有被抓住啊 |
[08:47] | We have campus security on the take. | 学院保安都在掌握中了 |
[08:49] | Abed’s got it all figured out. | 阿布蒂把所有都考虑到了 |
[08:51] | Well, that’s a relief. | 太好了 真是一种解脱 |
[08:52] | Yeah, it’s pretty cool being friends with the biggest man on campus. | 是啊 和学院里最厉害的人做朋友真是特别爽 |
[08:56] | Isn’t that right, Annie’s boobs? | 对吧 安妮的双峰 |
[08:57] | Please rename that thing! | 重给那东西起个名字好不 |
[09:00] | And this time, not with a contest on Twitter. | 而且这一次 别在微博上与人争论了 |
[09:02] | It’s his Twitter account. | 那是人家的微博 |
[09:03] | He can do what he wants. | 别人想怎样就怎样 |
[09:04] | They are my body parts! | 这可是我的身体部位 |
[09:06] | You know what I don’t appreciate? | 你们知道我有什么不爽吗 |
[09:07] | – I do not consent to this! – I had sexy dreadlocks… | -我不同意 -我和性感辫子男… |
[09:09] | You wouldn’t threaten a monkey. | 你不能威胁猴子 |
[09:11] | I wouldn’t threaten a monkey. | 我就不会威胁一只猴子 |
[09:13] | They have more lactic acid than us. | 它们比我们有更多的乳酸 |
[09:15] | Shared my chicken with him. | 和他分享了我的炸鸡 |
[09:18] | – Talk to the backpack. – I told you! | -和背包说去吧 -我告诉你了 |
[09:19] | – You’re the worst, Annie. – Streets ahead! | -你是最差劲的 安妮 -远界 |
[09:29] | – Line starts behind you. – Oh, he’s cool. | -请到后面排队 -他不用 |
[09:33] | Six fingers every Wednesday. | 每周三 六块炸鸡柳 |
[09:35] | Cool. And what can you offer? | 行 那你能提供些什么 |
[09:37] | I have a bicycle | 我有辆自行车 |
[09:38] | and I teach beginner’s tennis. | 我还教授初级网球课程 |
[09:40] | Cool. Okay. | 很好 好吧 |
[09:41] | Six fingers Wednesdays. | 每周三 六块炸鸡柳 |
[09:43] | All right. | 好了 |
[09:45] | We’ll be in touch, Janel. | 我们会联系你的 珍娜 |
[09:47] | – Thank you, Abed. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢你 阿布蒂 -客气了 |
[09:50] | -Hey, Jeff. – Hey, buddy. | -杰夫 你好 -你好啊 伙计 |
[09:52] | It’s quite a setup you got here. | 你这里差不多是个组织了啊 |
[09:54] | Yean. I’m pretty excited about it. | 是的 我对此很激动 |
[09:56] | It turns out everyone has needs | 我发现每个人都有需求 |
[09:57] | and everyone has functions. | 而且每个人也都有他的作用 |
[09:59] | Look, um, I’ve been thinking, | 听着 我一直在想 |
[10:01] | maybe I need to hit the big red button | 或许我该按下红色大按钮 |
[10:04] | and bring an end to this operation. | 让这次行动结束了 |
[10:06] | I mean, it’s been fun, | 我是说 曾经是蛮好玩的 |
[10:07] | but it’s out of control now. | 但是现在有些失控了 |
[10:09] | – Am I right? – I don’t know. | -我说的对吗 -我不知道 |
[10:11] | The entire campus is controlled by our group, | 我们小组控制着整个学校 |
[10:13] | our group is controlled by chicken, | 炸鸡柳控制着我们小组 |
[10:14] | and the chicken is controlled by me. | 而我 控制着炸鸡柳 |
[10:17] | -Float? – I’m good. | -来口浮冰饮料 -不用了 |
[10:19] | Abed, the mafia movie is over. | 阿布蒂 黑帮电影已经过时了 |
[10:22] | I’m not doing a mafia movie. | 我没有在模仿黑帮电影 |
[10:23] | In fact, I don’t need to use movies | 实际上 我已经不再需要引用电影 |
[10:25] | or tv shows to talk to people anymore. | 或电视剧来与人交谈了 |
[10:26] | Before, I only needed them | 之前我需要它们 |
[10:28] | because the day-to-day world made no sense to me, | 只是因为日常世界对我来说毫无意义 |
[10:30] | but now, everyone’s speaking the same language. | 但现在 大家都在说同一种语言了 |
[10:32] | Chicken. | 炸鸡 |
[10:32] | I understand people and they finally understand me. | 我了解了大家 而他们也最终了解了我 |
[10:35] | Abed, eventually people are gonna get tired of chicken. | 阿布蒂 大家最终还是会厌倦炸鸡的 |
[10:38] | I’m tired of chicken. | 我就已经厌倦炸鸡了 |
[10:39] | You’re not tired of chicken. | 你才没厌倦炸鸡呢 |
[10:40] | You miss the taste of control. | 你只是想念操控一切的感觉 |
[10:42] | Well, that’s crazy. | 那才是疯了 |
[10:46] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[10:51] | Unfortunately, the very thing that drove you to this dorm room | 不幸的是 驱使你来这个房间的东西 |
[10:53] | is what would prevent you from properly running this machine | 是你无法顺利操纵这个组织的感觉 |
[10:55] | or even being a cog in it. | 甚至于 你在组织里无足轻重 |
[10:56] | Your ego. | 尊严受损 |
[10:58] | Well… | 好吧 |
[11:00] | I see. I see. | 我懂了 我懂了 |
[11:02] | This has been about me the whole time. | 原来这一直都是在针对我 |
[11:06] | You want a shot at the Jeff Winger throne? | 你想要篡夺杰夫·翁格的王位吗 |
[11:08] | You better bring a powerful ass. | 你最好有个配得上这王位的屁股 |
[11:11] | Oh, and for your information, I don’t have an ego. | 告诉你 我没你说得那么自负 |
[11:14] | My Facebook photo is a landscape. | 我的Facebook头像 是张风景照 |
[11:23] | You’re the best, Eduardo. | 你是最棒的 爱德华多 |
[11:25] | Thank you all for coming. | 谢谢你们的到来 |
[11:27] | Can we make this quick? | 能快点完事儿吗 |
[11:28] | I need to give a banana to Annie’s boobs. | 我得给安妮的双峰喂香蕉 |
[11:29] | Abed is drunk with chicken power. | 阿布蒂醉心于鸡柳大权 不能自拔 |
[11:32] | He’s gone from lovable Johnny Five to Evil Hal. | 他已经从可爱的”霹雳五号”变成了”邪恶哈尔” |
[11:35] | – Hal Holb– – Not Hal Holbrook. | -哈尔·霍尔布…-才不是哈尔·霍尔布鲁克[美国演员] |
[11:37] | What are you saying? | 你要说什么 |
[11:38] | You all have to stop working for him. | 你们不能再任他摆布了 |
[11:40] | Let this operation dry up and let his wheels spin down. | 行动停止吧 让他邪恶的掌控停止吧 |
[11:44] | At which point you would be in charge again, right? | 然后你就能重揽大权 是吧 |
[11:47] | – What? – This is so sad. | -什么 -太可悲了 |
[11:49] | You’re jealous of Abed because he’s providing for us. | 你妒忌阿布蒂 因为他对我们有求必应 |
[11:52] | No, I’m concerned about Abed | 我关心阿布蒂 |
[11:54] | because he won’t listen to reason. | 他根本就不听忠告 |
[11:55] | Won’t listen to your reason. | 是不听你所谓的忠告吧 |
[11:57] | Why should he? Jeff’s so not… | 他干嘛要听 杰夫太不… |
[11:59] | Say “Streets ahead” and die. | 说”远界”你就死翘翘了 |
[12:02] | Streets ahead. | 远界 |
[12:04] | You want to boss me around? | 你想跟我摆架子充老大吗 |
[12:06] | Get me an entourage. Get Troy a monkey. | 给我配个跟班 给特洛伊配只猴 |
[12:08] | – That’s what a real boss does. – Yes. | -这才是老大应该做的 -正是 |
[12:11] | We probably shouldn’t even be talking to him without checking with Abed. | 没跟阿布蒂汇报 也许我们半句话都不该同他讲 |
[12:13] | I’m already trying him. | 我正在联系他 |
[12:14] | He’s not picking up. What did you do with him? | 他没接电话 你对他做了什么 |
[12:16] | I don’t believe what greedy sellouts you people turned out to be. | 真不敢相信 你们变的如此贪婪兼过河拆桥 |
[12:19] | I’m not gonna stand here and be ignored. | 我才不会站在这儿饱受无视 |
[12:22] | Shh! Voicemail. | 住嘴 语音信箱 |
[12:22] | Hey, Abed. | 阿布蒂 |
[12:24] | Jeff says you’re not listening to him. | 杰夫说你不听他的 |
[12:26] | Does that mean we shouldn’t listen to him either? | 这是不是表示我们也不该听他的呢 |
[12:28] | Oh, also, should we make special jackets | 还有 是不是该为我们的犯罪家族 |
[12:30] | for our crime family? | 制作特别夹克呢 |
[12:31] | Like, blazers with chicken finger patches. | 比如 把鸡柳印在夹克上 |
[12:34] | I don’t know. Long message. I’m sorry. | 你来定夺 我话太多了 抱歉 |
[12:36] | – That’s it! – Ooh!Abed! | -够了 -阿布蒂驾到 |
[12:40] | Look, I’m walking out this door right now. | 听着 我现在就要走出这扇门了 |
[12:42] | Okay. | 请便 |
[12:42] | – For real. – Good. | -真的哦 -那再好不过 |
[12:44] | I’m not gonna look back. | 我连头都不会回一下 |
[12:47] | – Good-bye. – Good-bye! | -再见 -再见啦 |
[12:48] | Abed! | 阿布蒂 |
[12:49] | – Hi! – Yes! | -你好啊 -太好了 |
[12:51] | Anybody need anything? | 有谁需要什么吗 |
[12:52] | Oh, everything. You look handsome. | 需要很多 你好帅啊 |
[12:54] | I like everything about you now, Abed. | 阿布蒂 你的一切我都喜欢 |
[12:57] | I want a new hairdresser though. | 我要个新美发师 |
[13:20] | Yeah, I got you fired. | 没错 我害你被炒了 |
[13:22] | You deserved it. | 你活该 |
[13:24] | Maybe. Maybe not. | 也许是 也许不是 |
[13:27] | The question is: what do they deserve? | 问题是 他们应得什么报应 |
[13:36] | Key to the kitchen. | 这是厨房的钥匙 |
[13:38] | There’s a valve on the back of the chicken fryer | 炸锅的后面有个阀门 |
[13:41] | that’s not made anymore. | 这种阀门已经绝版了 |
[13:42] | Now, say someone were to remove it. | 现在嘛 有人要是去把那个拿掉了 |
[13:46] | The fryer wouldn’t work… | 油锅就无用武之地了 |
[13:50] | Forever. | 永永远远 |
[13:52] | How petty do you think I am? | 你觉得我有那么卑鄙吗 |
[13:59] | Jeff leaving the family didn’t turn out to be a problem. | 杰夫的离去 对大家并没有什么影响 |
[14:01] | Okay, I think we’re set for the quiz. | 好了 我想大家都为考试准备就绪了 |
[14:04] | – Yep. – See you guys in class. | -没错 -课上见 |
[14:05] | Oh, wait. Before you go. | 等等 先别走 |
[14:06] | – Here. – Oh, free notebooks. | -给你 -免费笔记本 |
[14:09] | But the family’s success started to go to their heads. | 但家族的成功 已被他们视为理所当然了 |
[14:12] | – They didn’t have college ruled? – No, sorry. | -这些没有印标准行距线 -没有 抱歉 |
[14:15] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[14:22] | -Abed? – Yeah? | -阿布蒂 -怎么了 |
[14:23] | – Can I talk to you for a minute? – Sure. | -能跟你说句话吗 -当然 |
[14:25] | We have a situation. | 有情况了 |
[14:27] | – Hey. – Who is this? | -你好 -这是哪位啊 |
[14:29] | It’s Travis. | 这是崔维斯 |
[14:30] | You said you wanted someone in your entourage named Travis. | 你说想要个叫崔维斯的跟班 |
[14:32] | Show him your license. | 给他瞅瞅你的驾照 |
[14:35] | Travis is his middle name. | 崔维斯是中间名而已 |
[14:37] | – I go by Travis. – No, you go by the door. | -但我还是叫崔维斯啊 -不 你还是从那门走吧 |
[14:41] | See you, Travis. | 崔维斯 回见 |
[14:46] | – Abed? – Yep? | -阿布蒂 -怎么了 |
[14:47] | No, no, no, no. | 不用过来 |
[14:49] | My monkey hates this caviar. | 我的猴不爱这种鱼子酱 |
[14:55] | Troy, isn’t that– | 特洛伊 这不是那… |
[14:57] | They were spoiled, fat, lazy. | 他们恃宠而骄 贪得无厌 好吃懒做 |
[15:00] | I’d given them everything and somehow | 我为他们鞠躬尽瘁 但到头来 |
[15:02] | I’d lost their respect. | 我尊严扫地 |
[15:03] | So I did the only thing I could think of. | 所以 我做了唯一能想到的事 |
[15:05] | I did what I thought Jeff would do. | 我遵循杰夫的作风 |
[15:07] | I sent them a message. | 让他们见识了我的厉害 |
[16:04] | These were the bad times. | 这段时光不堪回首 |
[16:10] | – There he is. – Jeff. | -他在那儿 -杰夫 |
[16:12] | – Jeff! – Jeff! | -杰夫 -杰夫 |
[16:13] | – Jeff! – Jeff! | -杰夫 -杰夫 |
[16:14] | Abed killed my backpack. | 阿布蒂残害了我的背包 |
[16:16] | And I caught him stuffing my man | 我撞见他给我的男人塞进 |
[16:17] | full of chicken and Tyler Perry has a whole series of movies | 满嘴鸡柳 泰勒·派瑞有整整一系列的电影 |
[16:19] | about why that’s wrong. | 阐明这种行径是错误的 |
[16:21] | That little Arab is off his rocker. | 那个小阿拉伯人昏头了 |
[16:22] | He released Annie’s boobs. | 他把安妮的双峰放跑了 |
[16:24] | Annie’s boobs could be anywhere. | 安妮的双峰下落不明 |
[16:25] | -Annie’s boobs could be on the side of the road. – We got it. | -安妮的双峰可能流落街头 -知道了 |
[16:27] | The monkey’s name is “Annie’s boobs.” | 那猴名叫安妮的双峰 |
[16:29] | Look what Abed did to my hair. | 瞧瞧 阿布蒂对我的头发都干了些什么 |
[16:31] | I feel terrible for all of you. | 我为你们深表难过 |
[16:33] | Wait, no, I don’t, because I warned you | 等等 我才不呢 因为我警告过你们 |
[16:36] | about all this, but you were so high on your backpacks and hairstyles, | 但是你们被背包与发型迷晕了头 |
[16:39] | you accused me of being jealous. | 你们指责说是我妒忌了 |
[16:41] | You were right. But what can we do? | 你是对的 但我们该怎么做 |
[16:43] | I’m sorry, you brushed over that first part. | 抱歉 前半句你一带而过了 |
[16:46] | Together. | 一起说 |
[16:47] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[16:50] | Now what you can do is go home | 现在你们该做的就是回家 |
[16:52] | and write that on your bathroom mirror. | 把这句话写在浴室的镜子上 |
[16:54] | Wouldn’t that make it seem like I was right? | 这样的话 岂不是说”我是对的”? |
[16:56] | – Yeah, because it would be my mirror. – I don’t have a mirror… | -是啊 那是我的镜子 -我浴室没有镜子 |
[16:58] | It’s not gonna be reversed because you’re the one who– | 这怎么会有歧义呢 因为你们… |
[17:05] | As for Abed, for his sake, | 至于说阿布蒂 为了他好 |
[17:08] | I guess I’ll have to take him out. | 我看我必须调教他一下了 |
[17:10] | Poor little guy. | 可怜的小家伙 |
[17:12] | Oh, good. That’s nice. | 太好了 真棒 |
[17:32] | Abed. | 阿布蒂 |
[17:35] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[17:36] | Making tater tots. | 炸土豆泥 |
[17:38] | You were right, people got sick of chicken. | 你是对的 人们会对炸鸡腻味的 |
[17:40] | But I was close. | 但我接近了 |
[17:42] | I just need a new food, a new system. | 只需要一种新的食物 新的动作系统 |
[17:44] | I’m gonna experiment with jalapeno poppers next | 下一步 我打算试试椒盐辣味什锦条 |
[17:45] | -and then zucchini zircles. – I don’t get it. | -还有西葫芦拼盘 -我不明白 |
[17:47] | It’s not that complicated, Jeff. | 杰夫 这并不复杂 |
[17:48] | They replaced the “C” in circle with a “Z” For zucchini. | 只是把拼盘这个单词的C 换成了Z |
[17:50] | No, no, I mean, why are you here? | 不是这个 我是问你为什么在这儿 |
[17:52] | You said you were close? | 你说自己接近了 |
[17:57] | What were you close to? | 接近了什么 |
[18:01] | To the group? | 学习小组吗 |
[18:04] | To people? | 人类? |
[18:06] | Please don’t do a special episode about me. | 别在我身上弄个特别辑出来 |
[18:07] | Oh, I wouldn’t dream of it. | 我想都不会想 |
[18:11] | Everyone else needs my help. | 人人都需要我的帮助 |
[18:13] | That’s what people don’t get, | 但大家不明白 |
[18:14] | is that they need to get me. | 他们需要理解我 |
[18:17] | I just need to be able to connect to people like you can, | 我只是想要和你一样 能与人沟通 |
[18:20] | and then I can make everyone happy. | 这样我可以让每个人都快乐 |
[18:26] | Do you know why I’m here? | 知道我为什么在这里吗 |
[18:28] | You got caught with a fake bachelor’s degree. | 你的假文凭曝光了 才沦落此地 |
[18:30] | By the way, they started using that as a seasonal arc on “Law & Order”. | 顺便说下 《法律与秩序》的整季架构也用了这招 |
[18:33] | Total rip off. | 真是欺骗观众 |
[18:34] | I’m here to dismantle the fryer, | 我是来拆除炸锅的 |
[18:37] | to cut your power off at its source. | 从源头 掐断你的权力 |
[18:42] | Don’t you see what happened? | 你还没认识到发生了什么事吗 |
[18:44] | I manipulated the group into getting you the fry cook job | 我操纵小组 让你得到这份工作 |
[18:46] | so I could have some chicken. | 这样我就有炸鸡吃 |
[18:48] | And you turned it all into a way to make everyone like you. | 而你却利用这职位 让每个人都喜欢你 |
[18:53] | Made me ashamed of myself. | 让我觉得丢人 |
[18:54] | Made me jealous. | 让我觉得妒忌 |
[18:57] | Maybe this is a special episode. | 也许这是特别辑 |
[18:58] | -It’s pretty alarming behavior, Jeff. – Yeah. | -杰夫 这可是警钟 -是的 |
[19:01] | You know, there’s specialists you could talk to. | 这里有个专家 你可以聊聊 |
[19:03] | – Yeah, maybe I should do that. – Mm-hmm. | -是的 也许我应该聊聊 -是 |
[19:05] | – In the meantime… – Mm-hmm? | -另外 -什么 |
[19:07] | Let’s make a deal. | 我们做个交易吧 |
[19:08] | I’ll help you connect with people, | 我会帮助你和大家沟通 |
[19:10] | and you help me do a better job with them. | 你帮助我与他人沟通得更好 |
[19:12] | Like “Knight Rider”. | 就像《霹雳游侠》[NBC经典罪案剧] |
[19:13] | Exactly. Like “Knight Rider”. | 正是 就像《霹雳游侠》 |
[19:15] | Deal. | 成交 |
[19:17] | I’ll put on a leather jacket | 我会穿上皮夹克 |
[19:18] | and make out with an aerobics instructor. | 和健美操教练亲热 |
[19:19] | You pull around front and comedically | 你就带喜剧色彩的周旋四处 |
[19:21] | startle passersby with your ability to talk. | 能言善辩到足以惊吓路人[剧中情节] |
[19:23] | Maybe we should just stay here | 也许我们应该就在这儿 |
[19:25] | and have a plate of chicken fingers. | 享受一盘炸鸡柳 |
[19:26] | Cool. | 帅 |
[19:28] | Can we eat them while sitting on a table | 我们能坐在桌上吃吗 |
[19:30] | like in “Sixteen Candles”? | 就像电影《十六支蜡烛》[84年青春片] |
[19:31] | – Pick one reference, Abed. – “Sixteen Candles” | -阿布蒂 只能选一个作参考 -《十六支蜡烛》 |
[19:34] | And just like that, the mafia movie was over. | 就这样 黑帮电影结束了 |
[19:37] | I quit the fry cook job, | 我辞掉了炸鸡柳的工作 |
[19:38] | somewhat for the sake of the family, | 有几分是为了这个大家庭 |
[19:39] | but mostly for the sake of jeff’s ego. | 但最主要 是为了杰夫的尊严 |
[19:41] | Poor guy. | 可怜的杰夫 |
[19:45] | Things went back to normal. | 一切都回归正轨 |
[19:47] | Now everyone’s back to being a bunch of regular schnooks, | 大家都做回了正常笨蛋团体中的一员 |
[19:49] | and I’m back to being a weirdo, | 我也回到了怪胎的角色 |
[19:51] | back to watching from the outside… | 和以前一样 热眼旁观 |
[19:53] | For now. | 暂时的 |
[19:54] | There’s still not enough chicken fingers. | 炸鸡柳总是不够 |
[19:57] | – No way. – What? | -不是吧 -什么 |
[20:00] | ‘Cause as soon as our family moved out, | 因为我们这个家族刚退出 |
[20:01] | a new syndicate moved in to take its place. | 马上有新的集团上位 |
[20:03] | But you know what they’ll never make a replacement for? | 但你知道他们永远无法替代的角色是什么吗 |
[20:08] | Friends. | 朋友 |
[20:11] | Okay, thank you. That’s great, Abed. | 谢谢 阿布蒂 非常好 |
[20:14] | But could you just answer the question? | 但你能直接回答问题吗 |
[20:16] | What was it? | 什么问题 |
[20:17] | Do you know who might have stolen | 你是否知道 有可能是谁 |
[20:19] | a box of hairnets from the kitchen? | 从厨房偷了一盒发网 |
[20:21] | – Someone with hair. – I’m gonna write that down. | -有头发的人 -我写下这点 |
[20:29] | – Ready? – Mm-hmm. | -准备好了吗 -嗯 |
[20:33] | Never been done. | 没玩过的 |
[20:34] | – That’s nice. – Here I come. | -不错 -我来了 |
[20:35] | – Back up at same stairs. – It’s good. | -同一楼梯走上来 -很好 |
[20:38] | Double escalator. | 上下扶手电梯 |
[20:42] | I haven’t see that before. How did you think of that? | 我没见过这个 你们怎么会想到的 |
[20:45] | And now for our signature trick. | 现在送上经典桥段 |
[20:47] | Awesome elevator. | 劲爆电梯 |
[20:49] | – No. – I can’t do it. | -不看了 -看不下去了 |
[20:50] | I got babies. I gotta get home. | 家里还有孩子呢 我得回去了 |
[20:51] | – It’s their loss. – Yeah. | -不看是损失 -是的 |
[21:04] | -That was awesome. – Yeah. | -劲爆换衫 -没错 |