时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Cold Case: | |
[00:03] | Lil,I’d like you to meet a friend of mine,Diane Yates. | Lil 来见见我朋友 Diane Yates |
[00:05] | Agent Yates. FBI. | Yates探员 FBI的 |
[00:06] | Shaver enters the shooting lane… | Shaver进入的射击路线… |
[00:09] | We have a serial killer. | 我们面对的是个连环杀手 |
[00:11] | Last one was 27 years ago. | 上一起在27年前 |
[00:12] | Your father’s a suspect in a series of unsolved shootings. | 你父亲是一系列悬而未决枪击案的疑犯 |
[00:16] | Here come the FBI storm troopers. | FBI的冲锋队员来了 |
[00:21] | – Anything? – William Shepard. | – 有什么发现? |
[00:23] | What the hell? | 怎么回事? |
[00:28] | the following*** | 故事纯属虚构 不影射任何真人真事 |
[00:28] | “Snake Song” by Townes Van Zandt | 故事纯属虚构 不影射任何真人真事 |
[00:35] | october*** | 1978年10月12日 |
[00:37] | Keep it steady. | 绑稳 |
[00:39] | Don’t think. Just… trust your hands. | 别多想 只要去–相信自己的双手 |
[00:44] | There you go. | 成了 |
[00:47] | That’s it. That’s a decent Adams. | 就这样 一只像样的鱼钩 |
[00:52] | See if you catch any fish with it first before you go celebrating too much. | 先看看能不能钓到鱼再庆祝吧 |
[00:57] | I mean,that’s the problem in life. | 这就是人生永恒的话题 |
[00:59] | Pride. People think they can’t help it. | 骄傲 很多人觉得无法抗拒 |
[01:04] | But man has a choice… | 但人可以选择… |
[01:05] | And that’s where he’s different from an animal. | 这就是人与动物最大的不同 |
[01:07] | That’s right. | 说对了 |
[01:09] | It’s from East of Eden. | 这是<伊甸园之东>里的台词 |
[01:11] | Only showed it 20 times. | 只放了20遍 |
[01:13] | Yeah. At the drive-in. | 是的 在汽车影院 |
[01:17] | Well,I guess you’re right, but it doesn’t make it any less true,take it from me. | 你说得对 但它还是不属于我了 这是事实 |
[01:21] | They got a Dirty Harry double bill playing in town. | 下周要放两场<警探哈利> |
[01:23] | Maybe we could go. | 也许我们该去看看 |
[01:26] | Sure. We’ll see. | 好的 再看吧 |
[01:31] | Why don’t you go grab us some firewood. | 不如你去捡点柴火来吧 |
[01:34] | Paul. | |
[01:36] | You’re a good kid. | 你是个好孩子 |
[01:46] | ?Well,the future,he don’t ? | |
[01:49] | * Try to find me * | |
[01:52] | * Skin I been through * | |
[01:54] | * Dies behind me… * | |
[01:57] | Dad? | 爸? |
[02:13] | Dad? | 爸? |
[02:21] | Dad? | 爸? |
[02:40] | We have no sign of the shooter from the post office, | 我们没找到那个邮局枪手的踪迹 |
[02:42] | but we found his van abandoned at an old campground. | 但在一个野营地发现了他遗弃的车 |
[02:45] | Cause of death looks like a single bullet. | 死因是一枪致命 |
[02:48] | Exit wound through the top of the skull. | 从头骨顶部射出 |
[02:51] | Suicide. | 是自杀 |
[02:52] | Bill Shepard. Killed four people,then himself back in 1983. | 1983年期间 Bill Shepard 杀了4个人 |
[02:56] | We got a different take,John. | 我们有别的想法 John |
[02:59] | Yates? | |
[03:02] | You got me,G-Man. | 你抓到我了 探员先生 |
[03:04] | You’re suspended pending an OPR. | 你被停职了 职业行为不当 |
[03:05] | That coming from you or HQ? | 这是你的命令还是总部的? |
[03:07] | Even if I wanted to protect you,I couldn’t once those shots were fired. | 擅自开枪 就算我想保护你也不成 |
[03:10] | And you’re about a hundred miles out of your jurisdiction. | 这和你的管辖范围差了100英里远 |
[03:12] | And you’d be about 500 miles away from this cabin without her. | 你离查到这小木屋有500英里远 没有她帮忙的话 |
[03:15] | No thanks to you playing keep-away. | 谢谢你想玩花样把我支走 |
[03:17] | Well,such a crack investigator,figured you’d find it on your own. | 像你这么出色的探员 应该早就破案了吧 |
[03:20] | Always this insubordinate,Lieutenant? | 你的手下总是这么逆反吗 队长? |
[03:22] | Not to me. Can we get on with this? | 对我可不这样 能带我去看了吗? |
[03:24] | – Absolutely. – Yates. | – 当然 |
[03:25] | Ryan,when you’re done putting ’em on the table, | Ryan 你要是想好了罪状 |
[03:27] | come and see what we’ve got. | 就来看看我们的成果吧 |
[03:32] | So ME estimates Bill Shepard offed himself about 30 years ago. | 验尸官估计Bill Shepard在30年前 就自杀了 |
[03:35] | But all that time someone’s been paying property tax on this cabin | 但这些年还有人在交这儿的地产税 |
[03:39] | using a local checking account. | 用一个本地的活期账户 |
[03:40] | Even after Shepard died,paid up every year. | 即使Shepard死后 还是每年按时交纳 |
[03:42] | So there’s checks from the late ’70s,early ’80s. | 这是70年代末和80年代初的支票 |
[03:46] | The signatures are different. | 签名字迹发生了改变 |
[03:47] | They changed somewhere around the fall of 1978. | 1978秋天前后的事 |
[03:50] | From this… to this. | 从这儿…到这儿 |
[03:53] | Bill Shepard dropped off the face of the earth in 1978, | Bill Shepard在1978年自我了断 |
[03:56] | but our first body dropped in 1980. | 第一个受害人到1980年才被杀 |
[03:58] | So Shepard’s dead before the first murders? | 就是说Shepard死在第一起案子之前? |
[04:01] | Means someone else did the killing. | 说明凶手另有其人 |
[04:02] | Yeah. Bill’s son,Paul Shepard. | 对 Bill的儿子 Paul Shepard |
[04:07] | Yeah,the bag from his video store. | 他音像店的袋子 |
[04:08] | Half-empty box of 25-aught-six cartridges. | 半盒点25-06口径的子弹 |
[04:11] | Same as our sniper’s ammo. | 和嫌犯的子弹是一样的 |
[04:13] | Paul claimed that his father ran off,but he’s been coming up here. | Paul声称他父亲离家出走了 但他还常来这里 |
[04:16] | Makes him what,16,when the first murder occurred? | 就是说 他16岁就犯了第一个案子? |
[04:19] | Awful young for a serial killer. | 做连环杀手还太小了吧 |
[04:20] | Old enough to pull a trigger. | 已经成熟到能扣动扳机了 |
[04:25] | Scotty,tell me you found Paul Shepard. | Scotty 告诉我你找到Paul Shepard了 |
[04:28] | No,but I sure as hell know where he’s been. | 没有 但我知道他到过这儿 |
[04:43] | cold case s07e19 | |
[04:47] | Theodore Kutler,26-year-old grad student. | Theodore Kutler 26岁 在读研究生 |
[04:51] | Took a bullet coming out of his apartment couple hours ago. | 几小时前他走出寓所就遭到枪击 |
[04:54] | – Witnesses? – Well,several people heard the shot, | – 有目击者吗? – 好几个人听到了枪声 |
[04:57] | and one witness saw a muzzle flash from that building. | 有目击者看到有枪口在那边楼上 一闪而过 |
[05:01] | There was a shell casing found on the roof. | 在房顶上找到弹壳 |
[05:03] | Getting sloppy. | 他大意了 |
[05:04] | He’s on a spree. | 他已经杀红眼了 |
[05:06] | I’ll take that. | 交给我吧 |
[05:08] | Last I heard,Ninth and Cherry was still Philadelphia proper. | 据我所知 第九大道和樱桃街 还是费城的地盘 |
[05:11] | Well,if you want to get that evidence processed this year, | 如果你今年内想拿到证据分析结果 |
[05:14] | we’re gonna have to send it to my lab. | 就得把它交到我的实验室去 |
[05:16] | Unless,of course,you don’t trust me. | 当然 除非你信不过我 |
[05:19] | the scene,huh? | 我们来查案吧? |
[05:22] | Not looking for a jurisdiction war. | 我不想争是谁的管辖范围 |
[05:24] | It’s only a matter of time before the media finds out | 媒体迟早会发现有个连续杀人犯不断作案 |
[05:26] | we have an active serial killer on a rampage. | |
[05:28] | Well,what do you propose? | 你想说什么? |
[05:30] | Joint task force. Your guys and mine. | 我们联合办案 |
[05:32] | Hey,look,no one’s up to speed like Rush. She runs point on this. | 听着 没人比Rush更尽忠职守 她主办这个案子 |
[05:35] | Fair enough. But we prosecute. | 很公平 但我们负责起诉 |
[05:39] | Yates,too. It’s her case. | 还有Yates 这是她的案子 |
[05:41] | No deal. | 不行 |
[05:42] | Yates has already booked a one-way ticket to the Anchorage field office. | Yates已经被派遣到安克雷奇市 (阿拉斯加州)警局了 |
[05:45] | Cavanaugh? Change of plans. | Cavanaugh? 计划有变 |
[05:48] | Rush and I have field command with your oversight. | Rush和我会在你的监督下完成这个案子 |
[05:50] | According to who? | 谁说的? |
[05:52] | Well,you,actually. Just got off the phone with the SAC. | 事实上 是你 我刚跟上头主管通完电话 |
[05:55] | Let him know your plans to pursue the case,and he signed off. | 告诉他 你想要跟进这个案子 他就同意了 |
[05:58] | Even you don’t have the balls,Yates. | 我不信你有这个胆子 Yates |
[06:01] | Well,call him yourself,Ryan,if you don’t believe me. | 不信的话 你自己打给他问吧 Ryan |
[06:03] | ‘Course you’re gonna have to explain | 当然你就得解释 |
[06:05] | how I went off the reservation for a week, | 为什么我延后调职一周 |
[06:07] | opened this case solo,while you sat in your corner office clueless. | 自己重开了案子 而你窝在办公室没事做 |
[06:15] | Don’t pout,Ryan. It causes frown lines. | 别板着个脸 Ryan 会长皱纹的 |
[06:22] | Bad news is she likes you. | 她喜欢你 真不走运啊 |
[06:23] | Or maybe she just cares about the job. | 也许她只是关心查案 |
[06:26] | You’ve known her,what,three days? | 你才认识她几天? 三天对吧 |
[06:29] | Yates talks a good game,but she’s reckless. | Yates说得好听 但她行为鲁莽 |
[06:37] | Being told that before our victim was a grad student, | 我刚听说被害人在读研之前 |
[06:40] | he was the manager at the Long View Video store. | 是Long View音像店的经理 |
[06:43] | That was Paul Shepard’s place. | 那是Paul Shepard的店 |
[06:47] | Anything different about Paul lately? | 最近Paul有什么不对劲吗? |
[06:48] | He seem aggravated,depressed? | 爱生气 很沮丧? |
[06:50] | No. No more than usual. | 没有 跟平时没什么区别 |
[06:52] | You-You guys need,like,a warrant to be here? ‘Cause I’m in charge. | 你–你们得有搜查令吧 我现在当班 |
[06:55] | When was the last time you saw Paul? | 你最后一次见到Paul是什么时候? |
[06:57] | Uh,yesterday? | 呃 昨天? |
[06:58] | No,no. Day before. | 错了错了 是前天 |
[07:00] | Uh,no. Thursday. | 不对不对 是周四 |
[07:02] | It was… It was Thursday. | 是…是周四 |
[07:04] | What are you doing on that thing? | 你在用手机干嘛? |
[07:07] | Oh,totally Tweeting all this. | 我在推特(最著名的微博网站 需翻墙上) 上说这事呢 |
[07:13] | – Dude. – Hey,Brian,focus. | – 伙计 – 嘿 Brian 用心点 |
[07:16] | Tell us about your relationship with Paul. | 告诉我们你跟Paul的关系怎么样 |
[07:19] | All right,uh,Theo was the manager; Paul was the owner. | 好吧 Theo是经理 Paul是这儿的老板 |
[07:22] | Little more detail. Like why Theo didn’t work here anymore. | 说具体一点 比如为什么Theo不在这工作了 |
[07:25] | He quit? Get fired? | 他辞职了? 还是被炒了? |
[07:26] | Oh,oh,definitely fired. | 他绝对是被炒了 |
[07:36] | What the hell happened,Theo? | 这他妈怎么回事 Theo? |
[07:37] | – We were robbed. – Yeah,I can see that. | – 我们被抢劫了 – 是啊 我看得出来 |
[07:41] | They wrecked the place. | 他们毁了这个地方 |
[07:45] | But the windows aren’t broken. | 但窗户没碎 |
[07:48] | The locks are untouched. | 锁也是好好的 |
[07:50] | The alarm didn’t go off. | 警铃也没响 |
[07:53] | You see where I’m going with this,Theo? | 你知道我要说什么吗 Theo? |
[07:56] | I was kind of out of it last night. | 我昨晚–出去了 |
[07:58] | My girlfriend and I were fighting,and… | 和女朋友吵了一架… |
[08:02] | I went over there. | 我去和她和好 |
[08:04] | Might have neglected to… | 可能忘了锁门… |
[08:05] | You might have neglected? | 可能忘了? |
[08:09] | Do you understand what this means,Theo? | 你知道这意味着什么吗 Theo? |
[08:12] | The insurance won’t pay if the alarm wasn’t on. | 警铃没响 保险公司是不会付钱的 |
[08:18] | Maybe I could chip in. | 也许我能赔 |
[08:20] | It’s-It’s not just the money. | 这–这不是钱的事 |
[08:23] | I mean,look at this stuff. It’s-It’s irreplaceable. | 你看看这些东西 这都没法修复了 |
[08:26] | I mean,do you… do you have any idea how long it took me to fix this place up? | 你知道–你知道要多长时间 我才能把这里修好吗? |
[08:39] | You know what? | 知道吗? |
[08:41] | Just-Just get the hell out of here! | 给我滚出去! |
[08:55] | Yeah,those repairs cost,like,a ton. | 修复这些东西 花了不少钱 |
[08:57] | Paul had to close the other stores just to make up the difference. | Paul为了平衡收支 不得已关了另外几家店 |
[09:01] | You know,it’s not like the vid biz is a growth industry. | 你知道 音像业不是个朝阳产业 |
[09:03] | We’re gonna need access to your safe,any financials you have here. | 我们得调查一下保险柜 还有财务报表 |
[09:06] | All right,in the office. | 好的 在办公室里 |
[09:08] | Um,I-I got… tardiness issues. | 我–我经常迟到 |
[09:14] | You think Paul’s gunning for me,too? | Paul会不会也要杀了我? |
[09:16] | You might want to stop Tweeting about it. | 少上点”推特”就不会了 |
[09:24] | Where is your husband right now,Mrs. Shepard? | 你的丈夫在哪 Shepard夫人? |
[09:27] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:28] | When was the last time you saw him? | 你最后一次见到他是什么时候? |
[09:30] | Uh,yesterday morning. | 昨天早上 |
[09:31] | Is that normal? | 这很正常吗? |
[09:33] | Disappearing for a day and a half? | 他失踪了一天半? |
[09:35] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[09:36] | We’re just looking to talk to Paul. | 我们只想跟Paul谈谈 |
[09:38] | If it was just to talk,then the FBI wouldn’t be here. | 如果只是想谈谈 FBI不会来的 |
[09:42] | Well,that’s right,Mrs. Shepard. | 是的 Shepard夫人 |
[09:44] | The fact is,we think your husband may have been involved in a shooting. | 事实上 我们认为你丈夫可能与 一宗枪击案有关 |
[09:50] | He own a rifle you know of? | 你知道他有一支来复枪吗? |
[09:51] | You think he shot someone? | 你们觉得是他杀了人? |
[09:53] | Claire,I understand how difficult this is for you, | Claire 我知道这让你很难接受 |
[09:55] | but Paul’s out there right now,and no matter what he did or didn’t do, | 但Paul还在逃 不管他是否做过这些事 |
[10:00] | the best thing for everyone is to bring him back safely. | 把他安全带回来对大家都好 |
[10:05] | He’s,uh… | 他… |
[10:08] | He’s been under a lot of pressure lately with the video stores. | 他最近因为音像店的事压力很大 |
[10:12] | There a place that he goes to | 除了小木屋 他觉得疲劳或压力大时 |
[10:13] | when he’s feeling stressed or under pressure other than the cabin? | 还会去什么地方? |
[10:17] | What cabin? | 什么小木屋? |
[10:19] | The cabin your husband owns in Mount Pocono. | 你丈夫在波克诺山上的小木屋 |
[10:23] | Which is where we found this. | 我们在那里发现了这个 |
[10:28] | That’s Bill Shepard,Paul’s father. | 这是Bill Shepard,Paul的父亲 |
[10:30] | His father? Uh… | 他的父亲? |
[10:32] | He ever talk about him? | 他说过他吗? |
[10:34] | Oh,my God. | 哦 天 |
[10:36] | He ever tell you how his father died? | 他告诉过你 他父亲怎么死的吗? |
[10:38] | No. | 没有 |
[10:40] | I found out on my own… | 我自己发现的… |
[10:42] | * It’s a bad man’s world * | |
[11:04] | What the hell are you doing? | 你在干嘛呢? |
[11:06] | I’m sorry. I,I was just looking for stamps. | 对不起 我在找邮票 |
[11:12] | You told me your father walked out on you. | 你说你父亲抛弃了你 |
[11:16] | This is a suicide note. | 可这是自杀遗书 |
[11:17] | What’s the difference? | 有区别吗? |
[11:20] | Gone is gone. | 死都死了 |
[11:23] | How did it happen? | 怎么回事啊? |
[11:26] | He shot himself. | 他吞枪自尽了 |
[11:28] | Nothing I could do. | 我什么忙也帮不上 |
[11:30] | You? | 你? |
[11:33] | Paul… You were the one who found him? | Paul… 是你发现他的? |
[11:37] | You should have just asked me for the damn stamps. | 想找邮票问我就行了 |
[11:40] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[11:42] | That must have been so hard. | 那一定很难熬吧 |
[11:46] | It’s something I will never do to you. You understand me? | 我永远不会这么对你 知道吗? |
[11:49] | I will never leave you… | 我永远不会离开你… |
[11:52] | Or the family we’re making. | 不会离开我们建立的家庭 |
[11:56] | Well,what if we can’t make a family? | 那如果我们没法建立一个家庭呢? |
[12:00] | We’ve been trying for two years. | 我们都努力了两年了 |
[12:02] | Then we keep trying. | 那就继续努力 |
[12:03] | It’s so expensive. | 那开销太大了 |
[12:05] | Come on. | 好了 |
[12:07] | You let me worry about that,okay? | 这不用你操心 好吗? |
[12:10] | * It’s a bad man’s world * | |
[12:12] | * I’m a bad,bad girl * | |
[12:16] | * It’s a bad man’s world. * | |
[12:19] | He never liked to talk about his family. | 他从来不喜欢提起他的家人 |
[12:22] | That part of him was… closed off. | 对他来说那部分是…不对外人开放 |
[12:30] | You really have no idea who your husband is,do you? | 你真地不了解你丈夫 是吗? |
[12:35] | “I can’t do this anymore. | “我受不了了” |
[12:36] | “I am nothing. “Less than nothing. | “我一钱不值 什么都不是” |
[12:39] | “This world is full of people willing “to kick you when you’re down, | “这世上到处都是落井下石的人” |
[12:42] | like the secretary too blind “to realize she works for thieves; | “比如那个为虎作伥的瞎眼秘书” |
[12:47] | “like the repo men,devoid of common human decency. | “比如那个缺乏基本修养的讨债者” |
[12:53] | “Like the judgmental bus driver who offered nothing but pity. | “比如那个指指点点的巴士司机 除了怜悯鄙夷什么也不懂” |
[12:59] | “And finally,to my son Paul,” | “最后 致吾儿Paul |
[13:02] | I’m sorry,but I’m too weak to take you with me. | “很抱歉 我懦弱的不能带着你一起走” |
[13:05] | “I tried to make something special,but nobody seems to care. | “我试图做些特别的事 可没人在乎” |
[13:09] | Nobody ever will. | “永远也不会有人在乎” |
[13:10] | ” Suicide note written by Bill Shepard in 1978. | Bill Shepard写于1978年的自杀遗书 |
[13:13] | We believe his son Paul used this note as a blueprint for revenge. | 他儿子Paul以此为蓝本设计了复仇计划 |
[13:17] | Barry Jensen,Felicity Andrews,Preston Schmall,Fred Norris– | Preston Schmall和Fred Norris |
[13:22] | killed between 1980 and ’83. | 于1980至83年间被杀害 |
[13:24] | Mel Shaver,Walt Granville,Theo Kutler; cut down within the last five months. | Mel Shaver, Walt Granville以及 Theo Kutler于最近5个月被杀害 |
[13:29] | He’s not haphazard. Not in it for the thrill. | 他不是随意挑目标 杀人并非为刺激 |
[13:32] | Shepard has an objective. There was a pattern to his first killings. | Shepard有目标 首次的系列谋杀有固定模式 |
[13:35] | Figure out the pattern today,maybe we catch him before he kills again. | 弄清楚他的作案模式 也许能在他下次动手前抓住他 |
[13:39] | We were able to remotely clone Paul Shepard’s cell phone. | 我们远程复制了Paul Shepard的手机 |
[13:42] | Anything he hears or says,we pick it up. | 能截获他所听所说的任何东西 |
[13:44] | Got this five minutes ago. | 五分钟前发现了这个 |
[13:46] | Hey,it’s Paul. | 嗨 我是Paul |
[13:47] | I was hoping you guys were around. | 希望你们就在附近 |
[13:49] | I wanted to drop by. | 我想去拜访一下 |
[13:51] | Tonight’s lasagna night,right? | 今晚该烤宽面条了 对吧? |
[13:53] | Anyway,I’ll-I’ll try again later. | 反正我晚点再打过来吧 |
[13:55] | Number belongs to Charles and Rita Gleason of Morristown,New Jersey. | 这是新泽西州莫里斯镇 Charles和Rita Gleason的电话 |
[13:58] | Shepard’s aunt and uncle. Raised him after his father died. | 是Shepard的叔叔阿姨 他父亲死后 他们收养了他 |
[14:00] | Turned off his phone after that,but we were able to pick up a GPS signal. | 之后他关机了 不过我们截获了GPS信号 |
[14:05] | Right outside the Gleasons’ house. | 就在Gleason夫妇家外面 |
[14:08] | There’s no sign of Paul Shepard. | 没有Paul Shepard的踪影 |
[14:10] | Aunt and uncle were at a neighbor’s. | 当时他叔叔阿姨在邻居家 |
[14:12] | Came back,their car was missing. | 回来发现汽车丢了 |
[14:14] | He took their car? | 他偷走了他们的汽车? |
[14:15] | So how’d he get here? | 那他怎么到这儿来的? |
[14:27] | We’re clear. | 没人 |
[14:42] | What do you got? | 发现什么了? |
[14:44] | ID on that dead truck driver– Ned Cotner. | 被害卡车司机的身份证–Ned Cotner |
[14:47] | Reported missing last night. | 昨晚报的失踪 |
[14:48] | Up near Paul Shepard’s cabin. | 住在Paul Shepard的木屋北边不远 |
[14:51] | Shepard must have carjacked him. | 肯定是Shepard劫了他的车 |
[14:52] | Left the truck and the body at his aunt and uncle’s place,took their car. | 又把卡车和尸体留在他叔叔那儿 开着他们的车走了 |
[14:56] | May have a line on the next victim. | 下个受害人是谁有点眉目了 |
[14:59] | Now,most of Paul Shepard’s original victims | 大多数Paul Shepard的最早受害人 |
[15:02] | were mentioned in his father’s suicide note. | 都在他父亲的自杀遗嘱里被提到过 |
[15:05] | Bill Shepard killed himself when he was 45. | Bill Shepard自杀时45岁 |
[15:07] | Paul Shepard turned 45 in October last year. | Paul Shepard去年十月也满45了 |
[15:10] | Well,children of suicides dread reaching the age of their parent’s death. | 自杀者的孩子们 接近父母死亡年龄时会恐惧 |
[15:14] | Paul got revenge on the people he blamed for his father’s failure. | Paul将其父的失败归咎于这些人 并展开报复 |
[15:17] | Well,now he’s getting revenge on the people he blames for his own. | 现在他要报复那些导致自己失败的人了 |
[15:19] | Felicity Andrews,killed in 1981. | Felicity Andrews于1981年被害 |
[15:21] | She neglected to file loan paperwork. | 她忘了提交贷款文件 |
[15:24] | Bill Shepard blamed her for losing his drive-in when he defaulted. | Bill Shepard将自己欠款 失去汽车影院的责任归咎于她 |
[15:27] | Theo Kutler forgot to lock up Paul’s video store,resulting in a break-in. | Theo Kutler忘了锁上Paul的音像店 导致商店被洗劫 |
[15:32] | The loss crippled his business. | 使他的生意元气大伤 |
[15:34] | Then there’s Preston Schmall,repo man,shot in ’82. | 接下来是Preston Schmall 讨债者 1982年被枪杀 |
[15:37] | Took his dad’s car,disabling his ability to go to work. | 拿走了他父亲的汽车 让他无法工作 |
[15:40] | According to witnesses,Paul’s father begged Schmall to give him another week. | 据目击者说 Paul的父亲请求 Schmall再多给他一周时间 |
[15:44] | Even suggesting they shared a brotherhood– | 甚至提到了他们有兄弟情义 |
[15:46] | both former marines. | 以前都是海军陆战队员 |
[15:48] | Been looking through Paul’s correspondence. | 我仔细检查了Paul的信件 |
[15:50] | Found a dozen letters from his accountant,Kenneth Hoag. | 有很多信来自他的会计Kenneth Hoag |
[15:54] | “Paul,you have to face facts. “The IRS will not go away. | “Paul 你得面对现实 国税局不会善罢甘休” |
[15:57] | I won’t be able to stop them from taking your store. | “我没法阻止他们收走你的店” |
[16:00] | ” You think this accountant is a matchup for the repo man? | 你觉得这个会计和那讨债者相似吗? |
[16:03] | Guy’s not just Paul’s accountant. | 这人不仅是Paul的会计 |
[16:05] | They went to college together. Fraternity brothers. | 他们是大学校友 联谊会的弟兄 |
[16:08] | Well,let’s pick him up before Paul picks him off. | 咱们得在Paul做掉他之前找到他 |
[16:12] | Is Paul in some kind of danger? | Paul有危险吗? |
[16:14] | He may be,Mrs. Gleason. That’s why we need your help. | 可能 Gleason夫人 所以我们需要您的帮助 |
[16:17] | Any idea why he came here? | 知不知道他为什么来这儿? |
[16:19] | He’s my nephew. I practically raised him. | 他是我的外甥 我把他养大的 |
[16:22] | He doesn’t need a reason. | 他来这儿不需要理由 |
[16:23] | When’s the last time you saw him? | 你上一次见他是什么时候? |
[16:25] | Uh,not since Thanksgiving. | 感恩节后就没见过面了 |
[16:27] | Did something happen on Thanksgiving? | 感恩节发生了什么事吗? |
[16:29] | What does that have to do with a dead body out there? | 那和外面的尸体有关系吗? |
[16:32] | Just trying to find your nephew. | 我们只是想找到你外甥 |
[16:34] | Well,nothing happened at Thanksgiving, | 感恩节没发生什么事 |
[16:36] | and obviously,I-I don’t know where Paul is. | 我不知道Paul在哪 |
[16:39] | Clearly,you don’t either. | 显然你也不知道 |
[16:41] | Has Paul had any trouble recently? | Paul最近有什么麻烦吗? |
[16:43] | Paul doesn’t get in trouble. | Paul从不惹麻烦 |
[16:46] | Don’t you find it strange that he took your car, | 难道他偷走你的 车留下辆装着尸体的卡车 |
[16:48] | and he left a truck with a corpse in it? | 你一点都不觉得奇怪吗? |
[16:50] | Well,you’re suggesting he had something to do with the dead body. | 你是在暗示他和那具尸体有关系? |
[16:54] | Yup,that’s what I’m suggesting. | 是啊 那就是我暗示的意思 |
[16:56] | That’s ridiculous. | 太荒谬了 |
[16:57] | You said that you practically raised him. | 你说实际上是你养大了他 |
[16:59] | How did he end up living here? | 他是怎么离开这里的呢? |
[17:02] | Oh,my sister Martha died when he was very young. | 他很小的时候我姐姐Martha就去世了 |
[17:06] | And then his father left. | 然后他父亲走了 |
[17:08] | We were all he had. | 他就只有我们了 |
[17:11] | Poor boy. | 可怜的孩子 |
[17:13] | You don’t know what he was like when he first came here. | 你不知道他刚来的时候什么样 |
[17:19] | Paul? Paul? | |
[17:24] | Darling,are you all right? | 亲爱的 你还好吗? |
[17:26] | It’s East of Eden,Aunt Rita. | 这是<伊甸园之东> Rita姨妈 |
[17:30] | James Dean,Raymond Massey. | James Dean和Raymond Massey主演 (本片为詹姆斯迪恩的成名作) |
[17:32] | Directed by Elia Kazan. | 伊利亚卡赞执导 |
[17:34] | You’ve seen it before? | 你以前看过? |
[17:36] | Dozens of times. | 无数次 |
[17:38] | My dad showed it every year. | 我爸每年都放 |
[17:41] | That’s nice,dear,but you’re not eating. You must be hungry. | 不错 亲爱的 不过你都不吃东西 你一定饿了吧 |
[17:46] | You don’t have to wait to be served. | 不用等我们端给你 |
[17:49] | You’re family. One of us,okay? | 咱们是一家人 知道吗? |
[17:58] | He was so forlorn. | 他是那么孤苦无依 |
[18:01] | – A glass half-empty kind of kid for a long time. – But he adapted? | – 很长一段时间他都像丢了魂 – 但他调整过来了? |
[18:06] | He was a good student. Got a job after school,volunteered at the church. | 他是个好学生 毕业后找了工作 还在教堂做义工 |
[18:10] | And you weren’t curious where he’d disappear to all those weekends? | 那他这几个周末都没来 你一点也没起疑心? |
[18:13] | Oh,he went camping a lot. | 他常常去野营啊 |
[18:15] | No. No,not camping. | 不 不是什么野营 |
[18:17] | No. See,while you were here baking pies,Aunt Rita, | 听着 你在这儿烤馅饼时 Rita姨妈 |
[18:20] | he was out there dropping bodies. | 他正在外头抛尸呢 |
[18:24] | – Yates,Yates… – You think Paul killed someone? | – 你认为Paul杀了人? |
[18:27] | Ma’am,we just want to talk to him. | 夫人 我们只是想和他谈谈 |
[18:29] | So if you could tell us… | 所以你能否告诉我们… |
[18:31] | He couldn’t even hurt a fly. | 他连苍蝇都舍不得杀 |
[18:33] | Felicity Andrews. Preston Schmall,Fred Norris. | |
[18:36] | Barry Jensen,and that’s just on your watch. | 还有Barry Jensen 这都是在你眼皮底下发生的 |
[18:39] | – It’s a lie. – No,it’s not a lie. | – 这都不是真的 – 不 这是真的 |
[18:41] | You look at Barry. You see that blood? | 你看看Barry 看见血迹了吗? |
[18:43] | Now,you tell me who’s living the lie,sister. | 你倒是说说究竟谁活在谎言里 大姐 |
[18:45] | Yates. | |
[18:50] | Mr. Hoag,I’m Lieutenant Stillman. | Hoag先生 我是Stillman队长 |
[18:52] | We need to talk about Paul Shepard. | 我们想谈谈Paul Shepard |
[18:54] | Yeah,I’ll tell you what I told your detective. | 我跟你的警探们讲过了 我还是那句话 |
[18:56] | I don’t discuss my clients. | 我不会讨论我的客户 |
[18:58] | I understand,but this is urgent. | 我理解 可情况紧急 |
[18:59] | I don’t care if it’s a matter of national security. | 我才不管这是否涉及国家安全 |
[19:02] | I won’t talk without my lawyer. | 我的律师不在我不会讲的 |
[19:03] | And don’t try to scare me with some federal BS. | 别想用什么联邦调查局的鬼话来吓我 |
[19:06] | I eat the IRS for breakfast. | 我是靠榨国税局的血过日子的 |
[19:08] | Sir,we believe Paul Shepard is a serial killer, | 先生 我们确信Paul Shepard是连环杀手 |
[19:12] | and you’re his next target. | 而你就是他下一个目标 |
[19:14] | But if you want to take your chances out there,be my guest. | 但如果你想出去碰碰运气 请自便 |
[19:24] | Must have been hard,having Paul move in with you. | Paul搬进来让你很不好过吧 |
[19:26] | This 14-year-old stranger comes to your house. | 一个14岁的陌生人出现在自己家 |
[19:29] | You got your own son to consider. | 有自己的儿子得照顾 |
[19:31] | We made do. | 我们凑合的还行 |
[19:32] | Smooth sailing from the word go? | 一切都很顺利? |
[19:34] | Well,between you and me,the kid was always half queer. | 好吧 私下说 那孩子总一副娘娘腔 |
[19:38] | Rita’s blood,not mine. | Rita的遗传血脉 跟我无关 |
[19:41] | Queer how? | 怎么娘娘腔了? |
[19:42] | Well,never into sports. | 从不参加体育运动 |
[19:44] | Not a lot of friends. | 没什么朋友 |
[19:46] | He’d sit and watch movies on the TV,disappear for days. | 就坐着看电影 一失踪好几天 |
[19:50] | Sounds sketchy. | 这听着太可疑了 |
[19:51] | Well,he outgrew it,though. | 不过他长大后就好了 |
[19:53] | He turned his obsession with movies into a living. | 他把对电影的痴迷变成了谋生手段 |
[19:56] | And he always looked out for my son Tom. | 而且他一直照料我儿子Tom |
[19:59] | They were tight for a long time. | 他们曾经一直都很亲近 |
[20:02] | They were tight? | 曾经很亲近? |
[20:03] | Always said you don’t do business with family. | 所以说永远别和家人做生意 |
[20:09] | I’ve had some setbacks,Tom. | 我遇到麻烦了 Tom |
[20:11] | Cash flow. You know how it is. | 现金流转问题 你懂的 |
[20:13] | You said that last month,month before. | 你上个月 上上个月 都这么说 |
[20:15] | So I want to know when,Paul. | 给我个准日子 Paul |
[20:20] | I have partners,and they won’t wait anymore. | 我有合伙人 他们不愿再等了 |
[20:23] | So,what? | 什么意思? |
[20:25] | You’re gonna kick me out? | 你要踢我出局? |
[20:27] | It’s me,Tom. | 是我啊 Tom |
[20:28] | I used to baby-sit you,take you to the movies. We’re family. | 我过去当你的保姆 带你看电影 我们是一家人 |
[20:31] | I got my own family to consider,Paul. | 我还有自己家人要考虑 Paul |
[20:37] | Rosie’s pregnant. | Rosie怀孕了 |
[20:41] | Again? | 又怀了? |
[20:46] | It’s good news,right? | 这是好消息对吧? |
[20:49] | Yeah. Of course. I’m sorry. Congratulations. | 是 没错 对不起 恭喜了 |
[20:54] | I’ll,um… | 我 嗯… |
[20:56] | I’ll find another way out of this. | 我再想想其他办法 |
[20:59] | I’m sorry,Paul. Yeah. I know you will. | 对不起Paul 我就知道你有办法 |
[21:03] | You still own that first store of yours. | 你还有自己的第一家店 |
[21:06] | Got to be worth something. | 肯定还值点钱 |
[21:15] | I don’t know what hurt him worse: | 我不知道哪点更伤人 |
[21:16] | losing the stores or finding out Tom was having another kid. | 失去店子 还是知道Tom又有了个孩子 |
[21:22] | You know where your son is now? | 你知道你儿子现在哪吗? |
[21:24] | Oh,he was supposed to come by this afternoon,Sunday dinner. | 他下午应该会来 周日聚餐 |
[21:28] | Uh,he should be here now. | 他现在应该到了 |
[21:30] | Excuse us. Thank you. | 打搅了 谢谢 |
[21:37] | Tom Gleason? ! Philadelphia Police. | Tom Gleason?! 费城警局 |
[21:40] | We’re coming in,Mr. Gleason. | 我们要进来了Gleason先生 |
[21:59] | Tom*** | Tom Gleason死了 |
[22:04] | We’re going to have to go. | 我们要走了 |
[22:05] | Well,is that about Paul? Did you find him? | 是Paul吗? 你们找到他了? |
[22:08] | We’ll be in touch. | 我们会再跟你联系的 |
[22:14] | You’ll look out for him,right? | 你们会找到他的 是吧? |
[22:16] | I don’t want to see him get hurt. | 我不想见到他受伤 |
[22:18] | Yeah,we’ll take care of him,just like he took care of Barry, | 是啊 我们会关照他的 就想他关照Barry那样 |
[22:21] | just like he took care of your son,too. | 就像他照顾你儿子那样 |
[22:24] | Tom? | |
[22:26] | What do you mean? What happened? | 你什么意思? 怎么回事? |
[22:28] | Sweet Paul just put a bullet between his eyes. | 亲爱的Paul刚一枪正中他的眉心 |
[22:33] | No. | 不 |
[22:36] | What the hell was that about? | 你这么说什么意思? |
[22:39] | You’ll be all right. | 你会没事的 |
[22:42] | Come on. Let’s go inside. | 走 我们进去 |
[22:46] | Who’s Barry? | 谁是Barry? |
[22:48] | One of our victims. | 一个受害人 |
[22:49] | No,he’s more than that. | 不 他可不止是个受害人 |
[22:52] | Oh,you’re so freaking smart? | 你还真是聪明得过份? |
[22:54] | You call him Barry; all the others you call by their last names. | 你叫他Barry 其他人你都称他们的姓 |
[22:58] | You keep calling him Barry. | 你一直叫他Barry |
[23:01] | – Like you know him. – I don’t need to explain myself. | – 就好像你认识他 – 我不要为自己解释 |
[23:03] | Yeah,well,I’m done unless you do. | 如果你不解释一下 我就不干了 |
[23:05] | I’m not going down on your sinking ship till you tell me what’s going on. | 如果你不告诉我怎么回事 我才不会跟你一块沉船 |
[23:08] | Look,I was there. | 好吧 我在那 |
[23:19] | I was 18 years old. | 我那时18岁 |
[23:21] | His body just fell into my lap. | 他的身体就这么直落到我膝上 |
[23:27] | Oh,my God! | 哦 天啊! |
[23:30] | One day you’re a kid at the movies and… | 某天 你还是去看电影的小孩 … |
[23:33] | And then you’re not. | 然后 你就不是了 |
[23:36] | Still keeps me up at night. | 到现在这事还会在半夜把我惊醒 |
[23:40] | – I mean,why? – Why Barry? | – 我是说 为什么? – 为什么是Barry? |
[23:42] | Well,why not me? Why not anybody else there that night? | 为什么不是我?那晚为什么不是其他人? |
[23:48] | And now he’s killing again. | 现在他又开始杀戮 |
[23:50] | And I am so close. | 而我又快要抓住他了 |
[23:55] | I’m going to find out why he murdered Barry… | 我要查出他为什么要杀Barry… |
[24:00] | and then I’m gonna put a bullet in him. | 然后我会把他一枪干掉 |
[24:11] | **** t there, | Paul就在外面 |
[24:12] | okay,with a high-powered rifle,waiting for us to release you. | 带着大火力的来复枪 等着我们放你出去 |
[24:16] | Hoag’s either too stupid to talk or he’s hiding something. | Hoag要么是太蠢不能开口 要么就是在隐瞒什么 |
[24:19] | Now,you won’t cooperate,we can’t keep you. | 如果你不合作 我们也保不了你 |
[24:21] | He’s a dead man walking,don’t even know it. | 他已是行尸走肉 他自己都不知道 |
[24:24] | If I’m so important,you won’t let me out of your sight. | 如果我这么重要的话 你是不会让我走出你视线的 |
[24:28] | Why protect him? | 为什么要保护他? |
[24:30] | Huh,some fraternal code,secret handshake crap? | 什么兄弟暗号 秘密联谊的鬼话? |
[24:34] | I’m just going to wait for my attorney if it’s all the same with you. | 如果我们目标相同 我还是等我的律师来吧 |
[24:38] | Well,it’s your funeral,pal. | 好 那就是你的葬礼 伙计 |
[24:41] | Come on. Let’s go. | 走 我们走 |
[24:42] | Sit down,Kenneth. | 坐下 Kenneth |
[24:44] | Ryan Cavanaugh,FBI. | Ryan Cavanaugh 联邦探员 |
[24:46] | I understand you’re reluctant to cooperate. | 我知道为了保护你的客户 |
[24:48] | Protecting your client. | 而不愿意合作 |
[24:50] | I respect that,but I’m not here to talk about Paul Shepard. | 我很尊重这点 但我在这不是要谈Paul Shepard |
[24:54] | I’m here to talk about you. | 我是要谈谈你 |
[24:57] | I know everything about you,Kenneth. | 我知道你的一切 Kenneth |
[24:59] | Took me no more than an hour to download your entire life. | 不用一个小时 就把你的平生 都下载下来了 |
[25:03] | You don’t scare me. | 你可吓不倒我 |
[25:04] | Those Web sites you frequent? | 这些是你常浏览的网站? |
[25:06] | You’re one sick pup,Kenny. | 你还真是病得不轻 Kenny |
[25:08] | And then there’s the hooker in Atlantic City five years ago. | 5年前在大西洋城 有个妓女 |
[25:10] | Used your company credit card. | 用你公司的信用卡 |
[25:12] | Not to mention the inside trading in the ’90s. | 更不用提90年代的内线交易 |
[25:16] | – That’s illegal. – Maybe, | – 这是非法的 – 也许 |
[25:18] | but when your wife and your clients find out, | 但如果你老婆或客户知道了 |
[25:21] | who’s really going to care? | 谁会去管它合不合法呢? |
[25:24] | Tell us about Paul Shepard and we’ll keep this to ourselves. | 告诉我们Paul Shepard的事 我们会为你保密 |
[25:28] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[25:30] | We went to school together,like,a hundred years ago,okay? | 我们一起上学 就像是上个世纪的事 好吧? |
[25:35] | I’ve been trying to dig him out of a hole. | 我一直试着帮他解决难题 |
[25:37] | He’d been hemorrhaging cash; he didn’t file his tax returns. | 他急需现金了 他没填纳税申报表 |
[25:40] | Problems with the IRS? | 跟国税局有麻烦了? |
[25:41] | I told him declare bankruptcy, | 我让他宣告破产 |
[25:43] | but he said he was starting a family and he didn’t want to lose his house. | 但他说他刚成家 不想失去他的房子 |
[25:46] | So you tried to help him out. | 所以 你想帮他 |
[25:48] | I felt bad for the guy. | 我为他感到可惜 |
[25:50] | Hooked him up with an associate of mine, | 跟他联系了个合伙人 |
[25:52] | someone interested in buying the store– | 那人有兴趣买那家店 |
[25:55] | a guy named Mel Shaver. | 一个叫Mel Shaver的家伙 |
[25:57] | “Start a War” by The National | |
[25:58] | You know,when I was a kid, | 知道吗 我小的时候 |
[26:00] | movies were everything,more than entertainment. | 电影就是我的一切 不仅是种娱乐 |
[26:04] | They were like an escape. | 就像是某种大逃亡 |
[26:06] | I wanted to share that vision,and that’s The Long View. | 我想和大家分享这一构想 那就是Long View |
[26:11] | For 15 years we’ve been the premier video store in Philadelphia. | 15年来 我们已成为费城首屈一指的音像店 |
[26:14] | I’d like to think that we’re more than just a business. | 我想我们不止是做生意 |
[26:18] | We’re a beacon for the community,a refuge. | 我们是整个社区的灯塔 避难所 |
[26:21] | I can see it’s working great. | 我觉得这个想法很不错 |
[26:23] | Yeah,it’s been a rough year. | 是啊 过去一年很艰难 |
[26:26] | But we’ve seen tough times before. | 但我们以前也经历过困难时期 |
[26:28] | We’ve always bounced back. | 后来生意都重新好起来了 |
[26:29] | People love movies. | 人们喜欢看电影 |
[26:31] | There’s nothing you offer I can’t get better and cheaper on the Web. | 你提供的影片 我都可以上网 找到更好更便宜的 |
[26:35] | Bottom line: I want the space,and I’ll take the inventory and sell it off. | 底线是 我需要这地方 我会买下全部存货 再把店卖掉 |
[26:40] | You know,you’re wrong about my business. | 知道吗 你不了解我这行 |
[26:44] | People want face-to-face interaction. | 人们喜欢面对面交流 |
[26:47] | They appreciate what we do. | 他们欣赏我们所做的 |
[26:48] | Paul,you seem like a nice guy,but let’s be honest: | Paul你是个好人 但我们开诚布公地说 |
[26:51] | nobody cares about that crap. | 没人会理会这种废话 |
[26:54] | Not anymore. | 时代不一样了 |
[27:03] | Now,he said “Nobody cares”? | 刚他说”没人理会”? |
[27:06] | Yeah,I thought it was kind of harsh. | 是啊 我觉得这话很刺耳 |
[27:11] | You don’t hit a guy when he’s down. | 人不应该落井下石 |
[27:12] | That’s the same words Bill Shepard’s suicide note ended with. | 跟Bill Shepard自杀前留的遗言一样 |
[27:16] | Why he shot Mel Shaver. Echoing Paul’s father. | 他杀Mel Shaver的原因 重复了Paul父亲的话 |
[27:20] | Paul ever talk to Shaver again? | Paul又和Shaver谈过? |
[27:21] | Why don’t you ask Shaver? | 你为什么不问问Shaver? |
[27:23] | Well,he’s a little dead right now. | 他现在已经死了 |
[27:26] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[27:27] | Paul needed to sell. | Paul需要出售店铺 |
[27:30] | He didn’t have a choice. | 他没得选 |
[27:31] | Bled the business dry. He was writing checks 20 grand at a time. | 这生意无利可图 他每次一开就是2万的支票 |
[27:34] | Company called Lifespring. | 给一家叫”生命源泉”的公司 |
[27:36] | You know what that was? | 你知道那是什么公司吗? |
[27:38] | Fertility clinic. | 不孕不育门诊 |
[27:39] | He couldn’t afford the treatments so he used company money. | 他付不起医疗费 所以挪用了公司的钱 |
[27:42] | Look,Paul was ducking me when it got bad,okay? | 生意不好后 Pual就开始躲我好吧? |
[27:45] | I had to track him down at this coffee place. | 我到处追查他的下落 才查到一家网咖 |
[27:47] | He would sit there all day at this computer. | 他终日坐在电脑面前 |
[27:49] | Coffee joint got a name? | 网咖叫什么名字? |
[27:51] | Alfonso’s. It’s just up the block from his video store. | Alfonso’s 离他的音像店就一个街区 |
[27:56] | He… | 他… |
[27:58] | Manager says Paul was a fixture at Alfonso’s. | 经理说Paul就像Alfonso的常客 |
[28:01] | He was there this morning. | 他今早就在那 |
[28:03] | A public computer– | 公用电脑– |
[28:04] | a perfect place to profile his victims. | 给受害人做人物侧写的好地方 |
[28:05] | Let’s see what we got. | 看看我们找到了什么 |
[28:07] | Looks like he cleared the browser. | 他好像清除了浏览器记录 |
[28:09] | Cleared– maybe,erased– no. | 也许清除了–但没彻底删除 |
[28:12] | Credit report,background check,and a Facebook page for… | 信用报告 背景资料 还有Facebook页面 (著名社交网站 需翻墙上) |
[28:17] | – Juanita Renaldo. – His next victim? | – Juanita Renaldo的Facebook主页 – 下一个受害人? |
[28:19] | According to Facebook,she works at Lifespring Fertility. | 根据Facebook上的资料 她在”生命源泉” 不育中心工作 |
[28:22] | You got a number for her? | 你有她号码吗? |
[28:24] | Yeah. | 有 |
[28:29] | Juanita Renaldo? | |
[28:32] | My name’s Detective Rush,Philadelphia Police. | 我是Rush警探 费城警局 |
[28:35] | I need to know where she is now. | 我想知道她现在在哪 |
[28:38] | Map and train schedule. | 地图和火车时间表 |
[28:40] | Today? | 今天的? |
[28:42] | All right,thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[28:43] | Juanita Renaldo has been out of town– | Juanita Renaldo不在市里– |
[28:46] | yoga retreat– comes back today. | 瑜伽疗养院 –今天回来 |
[28:47] | On a train into 30th Street Station. | 火车刚进了第30街站 |
[29:15] | There she is. | 她在那 |
[29:18] | We’ve got her. Bring the van around. | 我们找到她了 把车开过来 |
[29:23] | Juanita Renaldo,you need to come with us now. | Juanita Renaldo请跟我们走 |
[29:26] | – What’s going on? – We don’t have time to explain. We got to move. | – 怎么回事? – 没空解释 我们必须马上离开 |
[29:29] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂 |
[29:32] | You understand now? | 现在懂了? |
[29:43] | He’s heading to the subway. | 他往地铁站跑了 |
[29:44] | Got him. | 找到他了 |
[29:47] | Cavanaugh. | |
[29:55] | You move a muscle and I’ll blow your frigging head off. | 你动一下 我就把你头打爆 |
[30:05] | I don’t get it. Who’d want to kill me? | 我不懂 谁要杀我? |
[30:08] | You recognize the name Claire Shepard? | 你知道Claire Shepard吗? |
[30:11] | She’s been a patient at the clinic for a couple years. | 她是诊所的病人 已经有好几年了 |
[30:14] | Her husband Paul. | 她丈夫Paul |
[30:16] | Oh,God,this guy? | 哦 天啊 那家伙? |
[30:18] | Did something happen between you? | 你们之间发生了什么不快? |
[30:22] | I was just trying to help him. | 我只是想要帮他 |
[30:28] | I’m sorry. This is declined,too. | 我很抱歉 这张卡也不能用 |
[30:30] | Well,it must be some sort of mistake. | 肯定是出错了 |
[30:33] | I’m sure it is. | 我确定不能用 |
[30:34] | Well,could you maybe try splitting it across a couple of these? | 你能不能分开刷到这几张卡上? |
[30:38] | I-I can’t do that,sir. | 我不能这样做 先生 |
[30:41] | Please,y-you have to help me. | 求你了 你得帮帮我 |
[30:43] | My wife and I have been coming here for months. | 我和我妻子来这几个月了 |
[30:45] | We’ve tried and tried. | 我们试了又试 |
[30:47] | Don’t turn us away. | 别拒绝我们 别拒绝我们 |
[30:51] | Dr. Shandir sponsors these experimental trials. | Shandir博士正发起这些试验性实验 |
[30:54] | It’s an option if you can’t afford the cycle. | 如果你支付不了整个疗程 这些也是选择 |
[30:56] | I can afford it. I’ve been affording it. It just hasn’t worked! | 我付得起 我一直付钱 就是没有效果! |
[30:59] | Please don’t raise your voice to me. | 拜托你不要对我提高嗓门 |
[31:02] | I’m just trying to help. | 我只不过在帮忙 |
[31:04] | Is there a problem,Paul? | 出什么事了 Paul? |
[31:05] | No,no,no,sweetheart. | 没 没 没什么 宝贝 |
[31:08] | There’s no problem. Right? | 没什么事 对吗? |
[31:11] | Sir,just take the card and go home. | 收好信用卡 回家去吧 |
[31:23] | Come on,sweetie. | 走吧 宝贝 |
[31:28] | A lot of people come through that clinic. It was sad. | 许多人在那家诊所进进出出 现实是很悲哀 |
[31:32] | Guy really wanted a child. | 那个家伙的确想要个孩子 |
[31:34] | What about the experimental trial? | 那些试验性实验呢? |
[31:35] | Supposed to start last month. | 应该是从上个月开始的 |
[31:38] | He calls up and cancels just before. | 他在临开始之前打电话取消了 |
[31:41] | I told him he couldn’t get back in the program if he changed his mind. | 我告诉过他 改变主意后 就再进不了那个项目了 |
[31:44] | Did he threaten you? | 他威胁过你吗? |
[31:45] | No. | 没有 |
[31:48] | Just said it didn’t matter. | 就说了一句没有关系 |
[31:50] | Nobody cared anyway. | 反正也没人在乎 |
[31:54] | So Juanita was supposed to be target #4, | 那么说Juanita本应该是4号目标 |
[31:57] | just like Fred Norris,who pitied his father. | 就像那个Fred Norris 怜悯他爸爸的人 |
[32:00] | But he failed. Juanita’s in protective custody. | 但他没成功 Juanita被警方保护起来了 |
[32:04] | So what’s his next move? | 那他下一步会是什么? |
[32:06] | Take himself out,just like Dad. | 干掉自己 就像他爸爸那样 |
[32:09] | What’s Bill say to his son in that note? | Bill写给他儿子那封信上怎么说的? |
[32:11] | “To my son Paul,I’m sorry I’m too weak to take you with me. | “致吾儿Paul 很抱歉 我懦弱的不能带着你一起走” |
[32:13] | ***with me. i tried*** | 我太累了 |
[32:15] | ” I keep thinking about what Claire said,that Paul would never leave her behind. | 我一直在想Claire说过的话 说是Paul绝不会丢下她一人 |
[32:20] | All he ever wanted was a family. | 他一心想要的就是一个家庭 |
[32:21] | He was willing to give up his business if it meant having a child. | 如果能有个孩子他愿意放弃生意 |
[32:24] | But he cancels his appointments at the fertility clinic. “Nobody cares. “ | 但他取消了生育诊所的预约 说是”没人在乎” |
[32:30] | Yeah,he’s done. He’s gonna take himself out and take Claire with him. | 结束了 他准备了结自己 让Claire陪葬 |
[32:37] | No answer at Claire’s house. | Claire家里没人应答 |
[32:38] | Agent’s not responding either. | 执勤探员也没有回答 |
[32:40] | Paul’s already there. | Paul已经到那里了 |
[33:01] | Officer down. Shots fired. | 有探员倒下 枪伤 |
[33:20] | I think you can understand me,though. | “我还是相信你能听懂我说的” |
[33:22] | I think,behind your eyes,you’re… | “从你双眼中流露出的…” |
[33:24] | you’re just as alert as ever… | “你还和以前一样清醒…” |
[33:27] | They’re going to say things that aren’t fair. | 他们要说一些胡话了 |
[33:31] | Blow them out of proportion. | 完全不合情理的话 |
[33:35] | – Mr. Trask… – But you know me. | – “Trask先生…” – 但你了解我的 |
[33:38] | You’ve always known me. | 你一直懂我的 |
[33:41] | So,uh,why do you want to work here? | 呃 为什么你想在这工作? |
[33:41] | “Crash into Me” by Dave Matthews Band | 呃 为什么你想在这工作? |
[33:43] | The hours are long. We don’t pay very well. | 工作时间又长 待遇又不好 |
[33:46] | The boss is a stickler. | 老板是个偏执狂 |
[33:49] | I like movies. | 我爱电影 |
[33:51] | Who doesn’t? | 谁不爱呢? |
[33:53] | I get lost in movies. | 我会沉迷在电影里 |
[33:55] | It’s like… dreaming while you’re awake. | 就像… 醒着的时候做梦 |
[33:59] | I don’t know. I just wanted to be closer to it. | 说不清 我只是想更接近那个梦 |
[34:03] | I get that. | 我听懂了 |
[34:06] | East of Eden. | <伊甸园之东> |
[34:08] | Oh,yeah. You like it? | 哦 你喜欢这部? |
[34:10] | Yeah. Not bad for a melodrama. | 作为一部通俗剧还不错 |
[34:12] | Well,it’s a little more than a melodrama. | 可不止是一部通俗剧 |
[34:15] | That’s debatable. | 看来有点争议 |
[34:17] | Not really. I mean,it’s Steinbeck. | 也不尽然 那可是斯坦贝克的原作 |
[34:22] | Okay,smart man. | 好吧 聪明人 |
[34:24] | Convince me. | 说服我吧 |
[34:34] | What you said about the movies– about living in a dream– | 你说的关于电影的话–那句活在梦里- |
[34:39] | that’s how you’ve made me feel all these years. | 就是这几年你给我的感受 |
[34:42] | Paul,please… | Paul 求你了… |
[34:46] | – Excuse me,Mr. Trask… – This part’s great. | – “抱歉 Trask先生…” – 这一段棒级了 |
[34:48] | … for daring to speak to you this way,but… | “..原谅我敢用这种方式对你说话 但是…” |
[34:50] | “It’s awful not to be loved. | “不被人爱是多么可怕” |
[34:53] | “It’s the worst thing in the world. | “那是世间最悲惨的事” |
[34:56] | “It makes you mean and violent and cruel. | “你会变得刻薄 暴力 残忍” |
[34:59] | ” And that’s the way Cal has always felt… | “那就是Cal一直以来的感受…” |
[35:01] | We’re in the middle of something here. | 我们现在进退两难 |
[35:03] | Put the gun down. | 把枪放下 |
[35:04] | You know that’s not going to happen. | 你知道那是不可能的 |
[35:07] | How you doing,Claire? | 你怎么样了 Claire? |
[35:09] | You hanging in there? | 你坚持的住吗? |
[35:10] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[35:12] | You hear that,Paul? | 你听见了吗 Paul? |
[35:13] | You’re terrifying your wife. | 你吓到你老婆了 |
[35:16] | Why don’t you be a good husband and let her go? | 为什么不做个好丈夫放她走呢? |
[35:18] | It’ll be over soon. | 马上就结束了 |
[35:19] | Is that the master plan? | 那是个好主意吗? |
[35:21] | Eat a bullet,just like your father? | 吞弹而亡 像你父亲一样? |
[35:23] | My father built something,and it was ripped from his hands. | 我父亲打造的东西 后来又被夺走了 |
[35:26] | I just tried to correct the mistakes of the past. | 我只是试着去修补过去的那些错误 |
[35:29] | – Murdering all those people… – Tying up his loose ends,balancing the books. | – 通过谋杀那帮人… – 解决遗留问题 清算旧账 |
[35:33] | – But it didn’t matter. – Your father’s not a touchstone,Paul. | – 但一切都没关系了 – 父亲的行为不应成为你的行事标准 Paul |
[35:36] | He was bad in business,and he blamed everyone else. | 他生意失败 就怪罪到每个人头上 |
[35:40] | He could have tried again. | 他本可再试一次 |
[35:42] | He could have made an effort– for his son. | 他本可再努力一把– 为了他的儿子 |
[35:45] | You think I don’t know that? | 你以为我不知道这些? |
[35:48] | The man shot himself 30 yards from me. | 那个人离我30码处远自杀了 |
[35:50] | You see his note? | 你看了那封遗言吗? |
[35:52] | It said,”Nobody cares. | 上面写着 “没有人在乎” |
[35:57] | ” But I cared. | 但我在乎 |
[35:59] | Why couldn’t he see that? | 为什么他就没意识到呢? |
[36:02] | Like… like I didn’t even matter. | 就像…像我从来就无关紧要 |
[36:07] | I mean,every step of the way, | 我每走一步 |
[36:08] | I just tried to build something that would last. | 不过是在寻求一些长久的东西 |
[36:10] | He had the drive-in,so you got the video stores to prove him wrong. | 他拥有过露天影院 你就开了音像店 好证明他是错的 |
[36:14] | – But it ends the same. – Easy,now,Paul… | – 但结局是一样的 – 放轻松 Paul… |
[36:17] | 45 years old,and I’m every inch the failure he was. | 活了45年 我和他一样彻底失败 |
[36:21] | You’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[36:23] | You’ve got something he never had. | 你有他从来没有过的东西 |
[36:25] | You’ve got a real family. | 你有一个真正的家庭 |
[36:27] | You’ve got a beautiful wife sitting there right next to you. | 一个漂亮的老婆 就坐在你的旁边 |
[36:30] | You’ve got a child. | 你还有孩子 |
[36:37] | Juanita from the fertility clinic– | 那个生育诊所的Juanita– |
[36:39] | that’s what she told us. | 是她告诉我们的 |
[36:42] | Claire here is pregnant. | Claire怀孕了 |
[36:47] | – How? – Experimental treatments. | – 怎么成功的? – 那些试验性实验 |
[36:49] | You canceled the appointment… | 你取消了预约… |
[36:52] | Claire went anyway. | Claire还是不顾一切的去了 |
[36:54] | Claire? | |
[36:56] | I… I… I just really wanted to make you happy. | 我…我…我真的很想让你开心 |
[37:03] | You should have told me. | 你应该告诉我的 |
[37:06] | I was waiting until I knew it was for sure. | 我想等到确定了再告诉你 |
[37:25] | “Man has a choice,and it’s… | “人可以做出选择 而正是那些抉择… |
[37:27] | the choice is what makes him a man. | 体现了人之所以为人” |
[37:30] | ” That’s right. | 没错 |
[37:38] | All right. Sending Claire up! | 好了 送Claire上去! |
[37:54] | – He’s secure. – I don’t care. | – 他没危险了 – 我不关心这点 |
[37:57] | What are you doing? | 你准备干什么? |
[37:59] | I want to know why. | 我要知道为什么 |
[38:01] | Why did Barry Jensen have to die? | 为什么Barry Jensen会死? |
[38:03] | Why do you care? | 为什么你要在乎? |
[38:05] | I’m the one who was with him. | 我就是那时和他一起的人 |
[38:08] | Oh,yeah. | 哦 对了 |
[38:10] | I remember you. | 我记得你 |
[38:38] | Your phone number,right? | 那是你电话号码 对吗? |
[38:40] | Well,if you didn’t care about that guy before I shot him, why do you care now? | 既然我开枪前你不在乎那个家伙 为什么现在关心了? |
[38:43] | We were kids. | 那时我们都是孩子 |
[38:45] | He didn’t deserve it. Now,I want an answer: why? | 他不该死 现在 我要的是答案 为什么? |
[38:47] | Take it from me. | 杀了我吧 |
[38:49] | – Answers– they’re overrated. – I want an answer! | – 答案 往往被高估了 – 告诉我答案! |
[38:52] | Diane,don’t do this. He’s not worth it. | Diane 别这样 为了他不值得 |
[38:54] | Don’t you get high and mighty with me. | 别站在道德高处训斥我 |
[38:56] | Roles reversed,you’d do the same. | 换做是你 你一样这么做 |
[38:58] | What do you prove by shooting him? He’s got nothing to lose. | 朝他开枪能得到什么? 他已经一无所有了 |
[39:00] | Except my child,right? | 但我有个孩子对吗? |
[39:02] | Nothing to lose except my unborn child. | 除了未出生的孩子 我什么都没有 |
[39:10] | Claire isn’t pregnant. | Claire没有怀孕 |
[39:16] | It’s a lie. | 不过是个谎言 |
[39:18] | Go ahead. Shoot me. | 动手吧 开枪啊 |
[39:19] | You pull that trigger,and you’re doing him a favor. | 你扣了扳机 就便宜他了 |
[39:21] | – That’s all you’ll accomplish. – Shoot. | – 那是你唯一能得到的 – 开啊 |
[39:22] | I’ve waited 30 years to find out why that kid died in my lap. | 我花了30年去搞明白 为什么那孩子死在了我身上 |
[39:25] | Now,you’re going to tell me,and in exchange for that, | 现在 你告诉我 作为交换 |
[39:28] | I’m going to give you what you want: end your miserable life. | 我给你想要的 结束你那可悲的生命 |
[39:30] | – Is that a deal? – Diane,we are not… | – 这交易怎么样? – Diane 不行… |
[39:32] | This is happening,Detective,whether you like it or not. | 这么定了 警探 不管你同不同意 |
[39:34] | I had to prove him wrong. | 我得证明他错了 |
[39:35] | – Barry? – My father. | – 我父亲 |
[39:37] | Said he was nothing when he died. Less than nothing. | 死前说他什么都不是 人生毫无价值 |
[39:40] | But to me,he was everything. | 但对我而言 他就是我的一切 |
[39:44] | Barry didn’t know your father. | Barry不认识你的父亲 |
[39:46] | He wasn’t paying attention to the movie. | 他对电影莫不关心 |
[39:50] | Just wanted to get inside your pants. | 就想着和你上床 |
[39:52] | Would have been fine any other day. | 如果不是那天 他应该没事的 |
[40:02] | But they were playing East of Eden that night. | 那天晚上 他们放的是<伊甸园之东> |
[40:06] | And your boyfriend… | 而你的男朋友… |
[40:09] | just didn’t get it. | 丝毫不关心 |
[40:12] | Man,I’m telling you,she’s good to go. | 老兄 告诉你 可以搞定她了 |
[40:14] | I got the peach schnapps,couple ludes. | 我准备了蜜桃杜松子酒 一些烈酒 |
[40:17] | Tonight’s the night. | 就是今晚了 |
[40:18] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[40:20] | Just need a small popcorn. | 要一份小杯爆米花 |
[40:21] | Easy,little man. | 别急 小家伙 |
[40:24] | Anyway,she’s waiting for me. | 而且 她等着我呢 |
[40:25] | Come on. Movie’s about to start. | 够了 电影要开始了 |
[40:27] | Dude,so what? | 哥们 那又怎样? |
[40:29] | It’s East of Eden. It’s a classic. | 放的是<伊甸园之东> 是经典片子 |
[40:31] | Yeah,if you say so. | 你说是就是吧 |
[40:33] | They’ve played it every year since this theater opened. | 自从这个影院开张后 他们每年都放 |
[40:36] | Kid,look around you. | 小屁孩 看看周围 |
[40:38] | No one’s here to see the movie. | 这里没有人是来看电影的 |
[40:52] | You need to see a movie,go to the cineplex. | 你想看电影 去多厅电影院吧 |
[40:54] | Nobody here cares. | 这里没人关心电影 |
[40:57] | Nobody cares. | 没人在乎 |
[41:05] | “Keepsake” by State Radio | |
[41:23] | * One gonna heal my body * | |
[41:25] | * Nothing gonna heal my pain * | |
[41:27] | * One gonna settle me down * | |
[41:29] | * And bring me back up again * | |
[41:32] | * One gonna put my family * | |
[41:35] | * Back together again * | |
[41:41] | * One gonna hold my woman * | |
[41:43] | * Another gonna hold my job * | |
[41:45] | * One gonna help me get up * | |
[41:47] | * And one gonna help me stop * | |
[41:50] | * One gonna help me talk right * | |
[41:52] | * One gonna lay me down to sleep * | |
[42:17] | * One gonna hold my guts * | |
[42:18] | * And another gonna hold my bones * | |
[42:21] | * One gonna keep me warm * | |
[42:23] | * And another gonna keep me cold * | |
[42:25] | * One gonna bring religion * | |
[42:28] | * Right from a Coleman stove * | |
[42:34] | * One gonna help me keep her * | |
[42:36] | * And another gonna help me take * | |
[42:38] | * One gonna run me down * | |
[42:40] | * Hell,a bullet’s in my way * | |
[42:43] | * You’re gonna keep my soul * | |
[42:45] | * It was yours to have long ago * | |
[43:09] | * One gonna buckle my belt * | |
[43:11] | * Around the ceiling pipe * | |
[43:13] | * One gonna buckle up my knees * | |
[43:15] | * And one gonna lock them up tight * | |
[43:18] | * One gonna hold the pen while you * | |
[43:20] | * Drag my arm across the page * | |
[43:26] | * One gonna hold my memory * | |
[43:29] | * Another gonna close the door * | |
[43:31] | * One gonna leave me restless… * | |
[43:39] | cold case s07e19 |