时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | May 9, 1983 | 1983年5月9日 |
[00:27] | So, is that a maybe s? | 这么说 你是尽量去呢? |
[00:29] | Or a maybe may? | 还是不一定? |
[00:30] | It’s a… | 我说… |
[00:32] | maybe yes. | 也许吧 |
[00:33] | Maybe Fridayight then? | 那就周五晚上啦? |
[00:35] | We’ xxx | 你偷换概念 |
[00:37] | We’re still ondifferent types o. | 我说的是也许 |
[00:39] | I’ve known you | 我知道 |
[00:40] | Maybe I can confuse you, speed things up a litt bit? | 也许我能迷住你 也许我们的关系能更进一步呢? |
[00:45] | Don’t kiss me so close to your father’s store. | 这儿离你爸爸的店很近 |
[00:47] | Don’t worry. He’s not the jealoutype. | 别担心 他不会嫉妒的 |
[00:49] | I know exa what your ther thinks of me. | 我知道你爸爸会怎么看我 |
[00:52] | If my father knew you, he’d lik. | 如果我爸了解你 他会比我更喜欢你 |
[00:56] | You’re just trying to change my “maybe yes” into a “y. | 你只是想讨好我 让我同意 |
[00:59] | ” Is it working? | 我成功了吗? |
[01:02] | ” I got to go. | 我得走了 |
[01:04] | They’re starting without me. | 他们已经开始排练了 |
[01:06] | You coming tomorrow nit? | 你明天晚上来吗? |
[01:07] | You’ve been practicing all wk. I’m not going to miss it. | 你练了这么久 我不会错过的 |
[01:09] | Okay. | 好的 |
[01:11] | Look out. Your cousin’s coming. | 别说了 你表弟来了 |
[01:13] | Hey, Jack, I just n $20. | 嘿 Jack 我赢了20快 |
[01:15] | They let you in the casino? | 他们放你进赌场了? |
[01:17] | I was outside playing dice. | 我是在外面掷骰子 |
[01:18] | You’re suppod to be watching your little sister. | 你应该照看你妹妹的 |
[01:22] | Hey, watch where you’re going. | 长没长眼啊你 |
[01:25] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[01:27] | Have a good day. | 慢走 |
[01:33] | Thank you. This orange tree will bring us luck. | 谢谢 这橘子树会给我们带来好运 |
[01:41] | Why do you bother buying the tree? | 干嘛还买树啊? |
[01:42] | Why don’t you just give tm the cash? | 直接给他们钱不就得了? |
[01:44] | The tree brings us lk. | 这树给我们带来好运气 |
[01:45] | It brings us flies You’re already late. | – 只能招苍蝇 – 你已经迟到了 |
[01:48] | Haven’t you insulted me enough today? | 还要再让我丢脸吗? |
[01:50] | Come on, I was kidding. | 得了 我只是开玩笑 |
[01:51] | Dad. | 爸 |
[01:56] | Hope you’re kidding about that girl. | 希望你跟那姑娘只是玩玩 |
[01:58] | Dad finds out, he’ll have a stroke. | 如果爸爸发现 他非得气死 |
[02:00] | Wha’s he going to do en I marry her? | 如果我要跟她结婚呢? |
[02:02] | Don’t talk about that. | 别乱说 |
[02:03] | – rriage… – is serious. | – 婚姻… – 是件严肃的事 |
[02:10] | You’re aittlpunk. You need to grow up. | 你还是个毛头小子 长大你就知道了 |
[02:13] | Why, ’cause you make it seem like so much fun? | 是么 你觉得我在说笑? |
[02:34] | – S – Don’t tell me. | – 还是一样 John – 别说了 |
[02:37] | Nobody saw anything and nobody knows notng. | 什么都没看见 什么都不知道 |
[02:50] | AUG ’83/LU, C. H83-99 | 1983年8月/陆超 H83-99 |
[02:58] | People call in sick all the time. | 请病假没什么的 |
[03:01] | You see my other shoe? | 你看见我另一只鞋了吗? |
[03:03] | XXX | 我们头儿根本都不管 |
[03:05] | When’s the last time I meanyou called in sick? | 你上次请病假是什么时候? |
[03:08] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[03:16] | You know what? | 知道吗? |
[03:17] | He’ll buy it. | 他会信的 |
[03:19] | Then what, just stay cooped up in here all day? | 那又怎么样 我们一整天都宅在这儿? |
[03:24] | If you want to go out, all you have to do is say the word. | 如果你想出去 就说出来 |
[03:29] | Oh, got it. | 找到了 |
[03:30] | Yeah, can hear it in your voice. | 我听得出来 |
[03:33] | You’re definitely coming down with somethin | 你肯定病了 |
[03:35] | Thanks, doc, but I got to go. | 谢谢 医生 但我得走了 |
[03:39] | ty calls. Hey, hey, hey. | 去工作 等等 |
[03:44] | Let me look at that face again. | 让我再看你一眼 |
[03:53] | He boss, | 头儿 |
[03:54] | there’s a woman re says her son Chao Lu | 有个女人说她儿子陆超 |
[03:57] | was shot and killed in ’83.He’s your case. | 在83年被枪击致死 是你的案子 |
[04:05] | – Jack Chao Lu. – Jack? | – Jack 陆超 |
[04:08] | A young kid in Chinatown. | 唐人街的一个男孩 |
[04:10] | Gang-related. She got somethg new? | 帮派事件 她有新线索了? |
[04:13] | Won’t say till she talks to you. | 她说只对你说 |
[04:18] | Mrs. Lu, I’m Lieutenant Stillman. | 陆太太 我是Stillman队长 |
[04:21] | Do you remember my son? | 你记得我儿子吗? |
[04:23] | I .I remember you as well. | 记得 我也记得你 |
[04:26] | Then apologize for the last time we saw each other. | 上一次见面的时候真是对不起 |
[04:38] | Mr. and Mrs. Lu, I know that this is a difficult ti… | 陆先生陆太太 我知道现在… |
[04:41] | Leave us be. | 离我们远点 |
[04:42] | We have nothing to tell you. | 我们什么也不知道 |
[04:44] | I’s important I get information about your son as soon as possible. | 尽快了解您儿子的情况很重要 |
[04:55] | My husba wouldn’t allow us to talk to the police. | 我丈夫不许我们跟警察说话 |
[04:58] | I respected his wishes. | 我尊重他的决定 |
[05:00] | Recently he passed away. | 不久前他去世了 |
[05:01] | And now you want to talk? | 现在你想说了? |
[05:06] | Jack was not in a gang. | Jack没有混帮派 |
[05:08] | He was in love with this girl from Vietnam. | 他和一个越南来的女孩相爱了 |
[05:11] | It was very shameful for both kinds. | 这对于我们两家来说都是丑事 |
[05:13] | Both kds? | 两家? |
[05:14] | My husband a I are from China. | 我和我丈夫来自中国 |
[05:16] | Her family are Chinese, but they came from Vietnam.No good. | 她家也是中国人 但他们来自越南 不是好事 |
[05:20] | You think dating this girl | 你觉得他是因为和这个女孩约会才死的 |
[05:23] | In our culture we take tdition very seriously. | 在我们的观念里 传统很重要 |
[05:26] | Mrs. Lu, who else knew that Jack had a girlfriend? | 陆太太 还有谁知道Jack有女朋友? |
[05:28] | I kept it a secret. | 我谁也没告诉 |
[05:30] | My husband was very traditional. | 我丈夫很保守 |
[05:33] | But for me, they we just kids in love. | 但在我看来 他们只是两个相爱的孩子 |
[05:36] | What’s the girl’s name? | 那个女孩叫什么? |
[05:38] | Tam Sung. She wavery beautiful. | 宋棠 她曾经很漂亮 |
[05:41] | Was? | 曾经? |
[05:42] | She was shot and killed three months before my sonas murdered. | 在我儿子被杀前3个月 她就被枪杀了 |
[05:45] | You ought Jack’ murder was related to another killing | 你觉得Jack的死和另一件凶杀案有关 |
[05:48] | and you didn’t say anything about it for 26 years? | 你等了26年才说? |
[05:51] | I know you don’t understand, buI had no choice. | 我知道你不理解 但我没的选择 |
[05:55] | Mrs. Lu, this information would have helped the investigation back then. | 陆太太 那时候这些线索对我们很有用 |
[06:00] | Am I too late, Lieenant? | |
[06:31] | Cold Case Season 07 Episode 08 | |
[06:39] | Jack Chao Lu, 17 years old. Shot by a nine-millimeter. | Jack 陆超 17岁 被九毫米子弹射杀 |
[06:42] | Two in the back, one in the head, ose range. | 背部两枪 头部一枪 近距离射击 |
[06:44] | I see why you went with gang execution. | 明白你为什么觉得是帮派灭口了 |
[06:46] | Chinese gangs were at war back then. | 中国黑帮们那时候在抢夺地盘 |
[06:48] | Lot of casualtie | 很多人受害 |
[06:50] | This kid was a good student.I couldn’t find the connect. | 这孩子是优等生 我找不到两者联系 |
[06:52] | Which gang came out on top? | 哪个黑帮比较有势力? |
[06:54] | Dragon Boy Gun-toting punks prided themselves on having no limits. | 龙太子 持枪小阿飞 无恶不作 |
[06:58] | Extortion, kidnapping, murder… | 抢劫 绑架 杀人… |
[07:00] | – Well, ey still running things? – Far as I know. | – 他们还在活动吗? – 据我所知还有 |
[07:02] | Not much you can do when no on. | 没人愿意提供线索 我们什么都做不了 |
[07:05] | 2,000 years of culture says, “Don’t talk to police. | 两千年的文化教育他们”别跟警察说话” |
[07:08] | ” Hard to fight that. | 很难改变啊 |
[07:09] | We started hirincops in the late ’80s that spoke Mandarin, some Ctonese. | 80年代后期才开始招 能说普通话和广东话的警察 |
[07:13] | I’ll talk to the Asian Gang Unit, see if we de any progress. | 我去找负责亚裔黑帮的小组 看看有什么帮助 |
[07:17] | – This the gir – Tam Sung, 17. | – 这就是Jack约会的女孩? – 宋棠 17岁 |
[07:21] | Gang shootout dung a street festival. Caught in the crs-fire. | 街头庆典时遭遇帮派火拼 被流弹射死 |
[07:24] | No witnesses, no leads? | 没有目击者和线索? |
[07:27] | Looked like a stray bullet. | 看起来就是流弹 |
[07:29] | Assigned didn’t get much further than that. | 除了这 分管的警探什么都没查到 |
[07:31] | Three months later, Jack winds up dead. | 3个月后 Jack也死了 |
[07:33] | Rotten coincidence. | 祸不单行 |
[07:34] | Compounded byTam Sung’s father. | 宋棠的父亲嫌疑最大 |
[07:36] | Registered a gun in 1980. | 他在1980年注册了一把枪 |
[07:39] | Nine-millimeter. | 九毫米口径 |
[07:41] | Tam was my onlgirl. | 棠是我唯一的女儿 |
[07:43] | She wanted tobe. | 她想做个舞蹈家 |
[07:45] | Was she dating anyone? | 她有男朋友吗? |
[07:46] | No, she was too young. | 没有 她还是个孩子 |
[07:49] | But very beautiful. | 不过已经很漂亮了 |
[07:51] | I knew when she grew up, I’d be in trouble. | 我知道等她长大 我的麻烦就多了 |
[07:55] | Still got that nine-millimeter you ught in 1980, Joe? | 你在1980年买的九毫米手枪还留着吗? |
[07:59] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[08:02] | Do have new lead on who killed my Tam? | 你有新线索知道是谁杀了我的棠吗? |
[08:04] | Answer the questn, Mr. Sung. | 回答我 宋先生 |
[08:06] | I have t gun, locked up at home. | 我还留着 锁在家里 |
[08:09] | Mind if we te a ride with you to go get it? | 我们能跟你回家取一趟吗? |
[08:11] | Wh’s going on? Why did you bring me here? | 怎么回事?你们叫我来想干嘛? |
[08:14] | xxx? | 你记得这个叫Jack陆的男孩吗? |
[08:18] | Do you think I would kill someone else’s child after losi my Tam? | 你觉得在失去棠之后 我还会杀别人的孩子吗? |
[08:23] | would never hurt this boy, | 不管他家里人怎么想 |
[08:25] | no matter what his family think. | 我都绝不会伤害他 |
[08:27] | How do you know what they think? | 你觉得他们怎么想? |
[08:29] | I had no problem with Jack, huh, | 我对Jack没什么意见 |
[08:31] | but his father looked down on my daughter | 但他父亲看不起我的女儿 |
[08:34] | So you knew she was seeing Jack? | 那么你知道她和Jack在谈恋爱? |
[08:35] | I knew he was interested in her. | 我知道他喜欢她 |
[08:37] | After she died, did you? | 在她死后 你见过他吗? |
[08:39] | No.After the funeral, my wife and I wento Tianjin to be with family. | 没有 葬礼之后 我和老婆就去了天津 和家里人呆一起 |
[08:43] | Gone six month Look for yourself. | 去了半年 你们可以查 |
[08:45] | Don’t worry. e will. | 别担心 我们会的 |
[08:46] | Good.Then look into the murder of my daughter. | 那好 然后查查我女儿的谋杀案 |
[08:49] | We are, but we need your help. | 正在查 但需要你的帮助 |
[08:51] | I can’lp. | 我帮不上忙 |
[08:54] | I was right there. | 我就在那里 |
[08:56] | The shooting started and I couldn’t do anything. | 枪战开始了 我却什么都做不了 |
[09:40] | I’m here. You-you’re okay. | 我在这儿 你没事的 |
[09:42] | You’re okay. | 你没事的 |
[09:45] | No… | 不… |
[09:47] | , no. | 不要 |
[09:50] | God, no. | 老天 不 |
[09:53] | We got to get out of her | 我们得离开这儿 |
[09:54] | Go without me. | 别管我 |
[09:55] | The police areoming. | 警察要来了 |
[09:55] | saw ’em– | 看到他们了 |
[09:56] | three guys with masks, dragon tattoos.One of them had an Uzi. | 3个戴面具的人 都有龙的纹身 其中一个还纹了U字 |
[09:59] | We’ve got to ll somebody. | 我们要告发他们 |
[10:01] | Ke your mouth shut. | 闭上你的嘴 |
[10:02] | – We got to tell somebody. – No, keep your mouth shut. | – 我们要告发他们 – 别 闭上你的嘴 |
[10:04] | Get up. | 起来 |
[10:10] | I di’t know how much he loved her. | 我不知道他有多爱她 |
[10:13] | Those tattoo – itas the Dragon ys did the shooting? | 那些纹身 是那些龙太子帮开枪的? |
[10:17] | I didn’t see, but we a knew. | 我没看见 但我们都心知肚明 |
[10:20] | After the shooting, did Jack mention going to the police? | 枪击之后 Jack提过要去找警察吗? |
[10:23] | We never spoke again. | 我们再也没说过话 |
[10:26] | saw him at Tam’s funeral, but | 在棠的葬礼上看见了他 |
[10:28] | I was toupset to reach out | 但我太伤心了 没有搭理他 |
[10:32] | Wish I had | 真该向他问清楚 |
[10:35] | All right, to reach out ca me back.Bye. | 好吧 弄清楚再打给我 再见 |
[10:37] | Thinking Jack might have reached out to t police about Tam’s murder. | 也许Jack就棠的谋杀案和警察接触过 |
[10:42] | Ray Bianchi worked the Chitown narcotics unit back then. | Ray Bianchi那时在唐人街缉毒组工作 |
[10:45] | Said he’d never heard of the kid. | 他说他从没听说过那孩子 |
[10:46] | I’ll run Jack’s name through NCIC, see anything pops. | 我去NCIC查查Jack的名字 看有什么纪录 (NCIC:国家犯罪信息中心系统) |
[10:49] | Yeah, the Chinese go to the tong with problems, not the department. | 好吧 中国人有问题都去找堂会 而不是警察 |
[10:52] | The tong? | 堂会? |
[10:53] | Local Chinese merchants, lot of money, power. | 当地的中国商人组织 很有钱 势力庞大 |
[10:57] | Fund the Chinese Trade Alliance. | 他们创建了中国贸易联盟 |
[10:59] | The CTA gives out scholarships, | 中国贸易联盟提供资助 |
[11:01] | helps immigrants get jobs, loans. | 帮助移民们取得工作和贷款 |
[11:03] | Sounds good. What am I missing? | 听起来不错 还有什么我不知道的? |
[11:06] | Well, Kim Sing tong also controls thDragon Boys. | 金星堂也控制着龙太子帮 |
[11:09] | Money from the heroin trade. | 靠海洛因贸易赚钱 |
[11:11] | GangThe tong gets ch, but r | 帮派负责运送毒品 赌博和卖淫活动 |
[11:14] | never gets their hands dirty. | 堂会就是这么赚钱 但从不会落下把柄 |
[11:16] | So, a bunch of old businessmen control the gangs? | 那么说 一伙商业老手控制着这些帮派? |
[11:19] | Tong’s like Chinese Mob. | 听起来就像中国的黑社会 |
[11:21] | Only harder to crack. | 只不过更难打击 |
[11:23] | The tong never deals directly with the gang | 堂会从不和帮派直接交易 |
[11:25] | Always tough a go-between Chinese call the dai lo. | 总是通过一个被称做”带路”的中间人 |
[11:29] | Department can’t touch the tong ’cause | 警察局接近不了堂会 |
[11:31] | we never knew who e dai lo was. | 因为我们从没弄清楚谁是”带路” |
[11:33] | Yeah, we still don’t. | 没错 现在也没弄清 |
[11:34] | It took 26 yearsor Jack’s mother to come forward. | Jack的母亲26年后才敢站出来 |
[11:38] | Let’s find out what the brother knows. | 去查查他哥哥知道些什么 |
[11:47] | Detectives Rush, Valens, Homicide. | Rush和Valens警探 凶案组 |
[11:50] | I’ll be right with you, | 我马上就来 |
[11:53] | You don’t need to close. We just want to ask you a few questions. | 没必要关门 我们只想问你几个问题 |
[11:56] | It’ll be sier to talk without customers coming in and out. | 没有客人进出的话 谈话会更方便 |
[12:00] | Please. | 请吧 |
[12:03] | You know your brother had a girlfriend? | 你知道你弟弟有个女朋友吗? |
[12:05] | I was with him when Tam got killed. | 棠被害时我正和他在一起 |
[12:08] | I had no ideamy motherr until she said she wasoing to the police yesterday. | 直到母亲昨天说她去了警察局 我才知道她也认识她 |
[12:12] | You don’t think she should help find your brother’s killer? | 你认为她不该帮忙找到杀你弟弟的人? |
[12:15] | You don’t undetand. | 你不明白 |
[12:16] | My father didn’t wa us talking to the police. | 我父亲不想我们和警察谈话 |
[12:18] | Well, you’re right. We d’t understand. | 是啊 你说的没错 我们不能明白 |
[12:20] | Think you’d want jtice. | 原以为你想要公正呢 |
[12:21] | American justice doesn’t work for people in Chinatown. | 美国式公正对于唐人街的人来说不管用 |
[12:23] | Well, it definitely won’t ifAll righ tell us | 当然管用 只要你告诉我们事情经过 显而易见嘛 |
[12:28] | Say I get robbed and I tell you whoid it. | 假设我被人抢劫 告诉你们是谁干的 |
[12:30] | Ri You arrest them; they get out on bail and burn down my store. | 你们逮捕罪犯 他们保释出来后 就会烧掉我的商店 |
[12:34] | Who pays to ild? | 谁来赔偿损失? |
[12:36] | Not the police. | 当然不是警察 |
[12:37] | Jack feel the same as you about talking to cops? | Jack也和你一样这么看警察吗? |
[12:39] | Jack thought he was American, not Chinese. | Jack认为他是美国人而不是中国人 |
[12:41] | I’m getting the impression you two didn’t get along. | 我有种印象 你们两个关系不好 |
[12:44] | We were different, but I loved my broth. | 我们是两种人 但我爱我的弟弟 |
[12:48] | Wish I’d tried to understand him when I had the chance. | 如有可能 我也会试着理解他的想法 |
[12:51] | Did Jack say he knew who killed Tam? | Jack提过他知道是谁杀了棠吗? |
[12:53] | He thought it was the Dragon Boys. | 他认为是龙太子帮的人 |
[12:56] | Didn’t know which one so he was angry at them all. | 但不知道是谁 所以他恨他们所有人 |
[13:01] | Thank you.This tree will bri us much luck. | 谢谢 这棵树会给我们带来好运的 |
[13:03] | See you later, old man. | 回见 老家伙 |
[13:06] | We don’t want your orange tree. | 我们不想要你的橘树 |
[13:09] | Your pop already paid me. | 你老爸都付钱给我了 |
[13:11] | See you next wk. | 下星期见 |
[13:12] | I said we don’t want the stupid tree! | 我说了我们不要这棵破树! |
[13:14] | You’re kidding, right? | 你搞笑啊? |
[13:16] | Jack! I apologize for my son. | Jack! 我替儿子赔不是 |
[13:18] | We’re not paying for your junk anymore! | 我们再也不会给你的垃圾付钱了! |
[13:22] | What’s going on here? | 怎么回事? |
[13:26] | What’s going on here? | 怎么回事? |
[13:28] | Bo-Lin, we are fortunate you came when you did. | 博林 你能来我们真是太幸运了 |
[13:31] | My son thanks you. | 我儿子要谢谢你 |
[13:40] | Jack could have got us all killed. | Jack会把我们都害死的 |
[13:43] | You know who the thug was? | 那个恶棍是谁? |
[13:44] | Dragon B named Danny Yo. | 龙太子帮的人 叫Danny Yo |
[13:46] | Long dead. | 死了很久了 |
[13:47] | Who’s this Bo-Lin? | 那博林是谁? |
[13:49] | Sounds like Danny Yo was terrified of him. | 听起来Danny Yo很怕他 |
[13:51] | Terror is dierent than respect. | 害怕和尊敬可不一样 |
[13:53] | -Lin Chen is a very respected man around here. | 陈博林是这里备受尊敬的一个人 |
[13:57] | CTA.Chinese TradAlliance. | CTA 中国贸易同盟 |
[14:00] | That’s right. My father was a businessman. | 没错 我父亲是个商人 |
[14:02] | Jack have a problem with Bo-Lin Chen? | Jack和陈博林有过节吗? |
[14:04] | No, I don’t think so. | 没 我想没有 |
[14:06] | Bo-Lin was a great iend to our family. | 博林是我们家的好朋友 |
[14:08] | Do you have any chrysanthemum tea here? | 你这里有菊花茶吗? |
[14:11] | I look for it everywhere. | 我四处在找 |
[14:12] | We ran out. | 卖完了 |
[14:14] | Um, just ordered some more. | 不过刚订了一些货 |
[14:15] | Trthe jasmine. | 试试茉莉茶吧 |
[14:18] | You knew Jack Lu? | 你认识Jack 陆? |
[14:21] | He’s myousin. | 他是我堂哥 |
[14:27] | Guess’ll just have to come back then. | 那我改天再来吧 |
[14:41] | Danny Yo was shot and killed in 1985. | Danny Yo在1985年死于枪击 |
[14:45] | No wnesses. | 没有目击证人 |
[14:47] | No leads. | 没有线索 |
[14:48] | But he wasailed out three times. | 但是他被保释过3次 |
[14:51] | Bail slip ways signed by Mr. Bo-Lin Chen. | 3次的保释人都是陈博林 |
[14:56] | Ling didn’t say Mr. Do-gooder was involved with a thug like Danny Yo. | Ling没说好心先生和Danny Yo这种恶棍有关系 |
[15:00] | Could be scared of him. | 也许是畏惧他 |
[15:02] | Today Chen is the president of the CTA. | 现如今陈是CTA的主席 |
[15:04] | But back in ’83, he was on the front lines. | 但在83年 他干基层工作 |
[15:07] | Racketeering, heroin trafficking… | 诈骗 贩毒 |
[15:10] | Chargeall dropped. | 所有指控都被撤销了 |
[15:11] | Witnesses never made it to trial. | 目击证人从没有机会出庭 |
[15:13] | Two to the body, one to the head. | 身体中了2枪 头上1枪 |
[15:16] | just like jack? | 和Jack一样 |
[15:20] | Bo-Lin was the connect between the tong andhe gang. | 博林就是堂会和帮派的联系人 |
[15:24] | Looks like we found our dai lo. | 看起来我们知道谁是”带路”了 |
[15:49] | Detectives, how can I help you? | 警探 有什么需要帮忙的? |
[15:51] | Jack Chao Lu. You remember him? | 陆超 记得他吗? |
[15:54] | Hmm, yes, of course. | 嗯 当然记得 |
[15:56] | Hong Lu’s son. | 陆红的儿子 |
[15:57] | Got killed by street gangs, I think.Very tragic. | 因为街头帮派之争死了 很不幸 |
[16:00] | We’re looking at the Drag Boys. I’m sure you’re familiar. | 我们正在查龙太子帮 我确信你很了解 |
[16:03] | Gangs are horrible for Chinatown. | 帮派是唐人街的祸害 |
[16:04] | I’ve always tried to g rid of them. | 我一直想除掉他们 |
[16:06] | That why your name is on a dozen of their bail ips? | 那你的名字如何会反复出现在 他们的保释单上? |
[16:08] | Putting banger back on the street your idea ofleaning up Chinatown? | 把坏蛋放回来 这就是你整肃唐人街的方法? |
[16:13] | : No, you misundstand. | 没有 你们误会了 |
[16:15] | I run the CTA scholarship fund. | 我管理着CTA的资助基金 |
[16:18] | We try to help children o lost their way. | 我们要帮助误入歧途的孩子 |
[16:20] | All right, drop the act, Bo-Lin. | 好了 别演戏了 博林 |
[16:22] | We know that you were the dai lo back in 1983. | 1983年时你就是”带路” |
[16:24] | If Jack was targeted went from you. | 如果Jack成了靶子 必然是你的消息 |
[16:26] | I’m just a local businesan. | 我只是个商人 |
[16:28] | I want to help, but I don’t know anything. | 尽力行善而已 我什么都不知道 |
[16:30] | Just tell us who h a problem with Jack. | 告诉我们谁和Jack有过节 |
[16:31] | We’ll leave you alone. | 我们就不烦你了 |
[16:33] | Otherwise we gotta start looking into your affairs. | 否则我们就得查查你的底细了 |
[16:35] | It’s your time to waste, Detective. | 那你就白费力气了 警探 |
[16:37] | I’ve been a friend to the department f many years. | 我和警局是多年的朋友 |
[16:41] | That’s whatou’ll find. | 你也就能查出这个了 |
[16:43] | This ain’t going away, friend. | 这事儿不会就此罢休的 伙计 |
[16:45] | Have a nice day, Detectives. | 过得开心点 警探 |
[16:57] | unknown: 9pm tonight. | 未知: 今晚九点 |
[16:59] | Yeah, I’m looking for Emil Parker. | 我找Emil Parker |
[17:01] | Okay, do you have his new numb? | 好吧 你知道他的新号码吗? |
[17:03] | He’s not in any trouble.I just need to talk to him about something he saw | 他没惹事 我只想和他聊聊 |
[17:07] | at the | 他在停车场看到的事情 |
[17:09] | ‘am?Hello? | 夫人? 喂? |
[17:12] | Uh, who’s printing five trees of paper? | 谁在打印”纸上的五棵树”? |
[17:14] | Wh are you looking for? | 你在找什么? |
[17:15] | “Chapter Two. | “第二章” |
[17:16] | Some elevator repairman “found her | “修电梯的人发现了她” |
[17:18] | rolled up in an old throw rug, fair-skinned and raven-haired.” Is tt yours? | “被卷在废旧毯子里 剥了皮拔了发” 这是你的吗? |
[17:21] | What a man pnts is his own business. | 打印什么可是我自己的事 |
[17:23] | Oh, sorry, just trying to do a little police business. | 抱歉 我只是做些警探该做的事 |
[17:26] | What’d you find? | 有什么发现? |
[17:27] | Jack talked to a cop after all. | Jack后来和一个警察谈过 |
[17:29] | Two months before he died someone logged him in as a ped stop. | 他死前2个月 有人记录了他的来访 |
[17:32] | Who? | 谁? |
[17:34] | I’m trying to print that out, but now it’s in all is mess. | 我想打印来着 现在你那一团乱麻里了 |
[17:41] | Ray Bianchi, narcotics. | Ray Bianchi 缉毒组 |
[17:44] | Did’t Boss say he asked Bianchi out Jack bacin the day? | 老大不是说他当年问过Bianchi 关于Jack的事吗? |
[17:48] | Said he’d never heard of the kid. | 他声称自己没见过那孩子 |
[17:52] | I’m sorry, John. | 抱歉 John |
[17:53] | I want to help, but, uh, thatas 26 years ago. | 我想帮忙 可都过去26年了 |
[17:57] | All right, lete refresh yo memory. | 没事 我来帮你回忆 |
[17:59] | Jack Chao Lu. | Jack 陆超 |
[18:01] | You stopped him outside the 10th Street sino. | 你在第10街赌场外拦下他 |
[18:04] | June 1 1983. | 那是1983年6月1日 |
[18:10] | You ow how many Chinese kids I CBopped outside th casino? | 你知道我在赌场外面 拦过多少中国孩子吗? |
[18:13] | Back then you me both had a seat at Jimmy’s Thursday night game, | 那时候我们都参加Jimmy周四的牌局 |
[18:16] | seven-card stud.Remeer that? | 七张牌梭哈 记得吗? |
[18:18] | Of course, till the fe shut it down. | 当然记得 后来他老婆不干了 |
[18:21] | One night at the table I asked you. | 有天晚上我在牌桌上问你 |
[18:22] | You said you nev heard of him. | 你说从未听说过他 |
[18:27] | If that’s what I said, en I guess I had my reasons. | 我那么说是有我的理由的 |
[18:30] | I was working a homicide, Ray. | 我当时在调查谋杀案 Ray |
[18:40] | S@A Okay, look. | 好吧 听着 |
[18:42] | I s on a joint task force with the Feds.Heroin trafficking | 我当时和联邦调查局的人联手 执行特别任务 海洛因交易 |
[18:46] | It was big. | 大案子 |
[18:47] | I beat my head against the walln this case. | 我在这案子上四处碰壁 |
[18:49] | It was cold before the kid was in the ground. | 在那孩子下葬前 这案子已注定成为悬案 |
[18:51] | Believe me, anything I had on h wouldn’t have helped you. | 相信我 我掌握的信息帮不上你 |
[18:54] | That was my call to ma, not your Believe me, anything I had on h wou | 那得我说了算 不是你 |
[18:56] | I’m sorry, John.d you. | 对不起 John |
[18:57] | I codn’t out myself even after the kid got kild. | 即使那孩子被杀 我也不能毁了自己 |
[19:00] | He was an informant? | 他是线人? |
[19:01] | No, he was just a young kid looking for revenge. | 不 他只是个想报仇的孩子 |
[19:29] | You, drop the knife. | 放下刀子 |
[19:34] | Get . | 上车 |
[19:42] | Yoare one dumb kid. | 你真是个傻小子 |
[19:44] | They had guns and you arrest me for a knife? | 他们有枪 而我拿把刀就被捕了? |
[19:46] | I am not arrestingou. | 我没有逮捕你 |
[19:48] | I’m saving your ass. What the hell were you thinking? | 我在救你 你想什么呢? |
[19:50] | Just want to know which one of them did it. | 只是想弄清楚到底谁干的 |
[19:52] | – Did what, kid? – My girl got shot. | – 干什么 孩子? – 我女朋友被枪杀了 |
[19:56] | And nobody cares. | 却没人管 |
[19:57] | Going after some Dragon Boy won’t make a difference. | 去追究哪个龙太子帮的人干的 也于事无补 |
[20:00] | You’re just like the restf them. | 你和他们都一样 |
[20:01] | You accept it’s how it is, and you don’t do anything. | 你接受现实 什么都不做 |
[20:03] | , the department is going after the guys that run the street gangs. | 当局要抓的是帮派幕后操纵者 |
[20:07] | The heroinmugglers. | 那些走私毒品的人 |
[20:08] | And you, I want you to stay away from those thugs. | 你要离那些暴徒远远的 |
[20:11] | You hear me? | 听到了吗? |
[20:12] | Then tell me what to do. | 那告诉我该怎么做 |
[20:14] | I gotta do something. | 我必须做点什么 |
[20:19] | Had a flophouse out in Fairhill. | 在Fairhill找了家小旅馆 |
[20:21] | Paid the kid a few bucks to come out once a week and translate tapes. | 每周一次 给他几美元翻译录音带 |
[20:24] | God knows we needed the help. | 上帝为证 我们需要帮手 |
[20:26] | The Feds h translators. You didn’t need to get Jack involved. | |
[20:29] | One guy spoke Cantonese. | 只有一个人会说粤话 |
[20:31] | Came down from New York twice a month. | 每个月从纽约过来2次 |
[20:34] | at was on those tapes? | 录音带上说什么? |
[20:36] | No. Couple small drug busts, that’s it. | 不多 抓了几个小喽�� 仅此而已 |
[20:39] | I want the transcripts. | 我要看记录 |
[20:42] | Feds got that stuff, if they even still have it. | 在联邦调查局那儿 如果他们还保存着的话 |
[20:48] | Call who you gotta call. | 给需要的人打电话 |
[21:04] | We hadll day. | 我们有一整天 |
[21:06] | Uh, I’ll call you back. | 等会儿打给你 |
[21:07] | Detective Rush | Rush警探 |
[21:09] | I brought you that tea that you like. | 我带来了你那天想要的茶 |
[21:11] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[21:12] | Here, have a seat. | 请坐 |
[21:14] | Is there a pla we could, uh, talk? | 有地方让我们谈谈吗? |
[21:21] | I’m gonna make some of this tea. Want some? | 我去泡些茶 你想要吗? |
[21:29] | I worked at Hong Sheng Long since I was a d. | 我从小就在恒盛隆干活 |
[21:33] | Stock shelves, deliveries, whatever they need. | 进货 发货 任何需要的活计 |
[21:36] | It sounds like you gave your life that store. | 你为那家店付出了一生心血 |
[21:38] | I owe them a | 我欠他们的不止那些 |
[21:41] | Why’s that, Warren? | 怎么回事 Warren? |
[21:46] | You know, coming in here took courage. | 来这里是需要勇气的 |
[21:49] | No. | 不 |
[21:51] | I’m not that kind of person. | 我不是那种人 |
[21:53] | You’re here, aren’t you? | 但你来了 不是吗? |
[21:54] | I used to want to like the Dragon Boys. | 我曾经希望自己能像龙太子帮的人一样 |
[21:59] | You know, not afraid of anything. | 无所畏惧 |
[22:02] | But it was Jack who had the real courage, not me. | 但真正有勇气的是Jack 不是我 |
[22:09] | ey took Stacey, Jack. I could’t stop ’em.They had guns. | 他们把Stacey带走了 Jack 我阻止不了 他们有枪 |
[22:12] | Calmown. Just tell me what happened. | 冷静一点 告诉我怎么回事 |
[22:13] | Supposed to watch my ster so I figured I’d take her to the arcade, | 我在照看妹妹 想带她去拱廊那里 |
[22:16] | – just-just for a little while… – Which arcade? | – 就去一会儿… – 哪个拱廊? |
[22:17] | Near the Tenth Street casino. | 第10街赌场附近那个 |
[22:19] | – Oh, my God. – I know, I screwed up! | – 天哪 – 我知道我搞砸了! |
[22:21] | Bunch of Dgon Boys– they told me– | 一帮龙太子帮的人 他们告诉我… |
[22:23] | old me to bringoney to this address. | 让我带钱去这个地方 |
[22:26] | They’re going to kill Stacey. | 他们会杀了Stacey |
[22:27] | – Just let me think. – What am I going to do? | – 让我想想 – 我该怎么办? |
[22:29] | All they want is the money. They’re gonna give her back. | 他们只是想要钱 他们会放了她的 |
[22:31] | Said they want $360 for luck. | 他们想要360美元 以表吉利 |
[22:40] | Warren, look at me. | Warren 看着我 |
[22:42] | Go home, okay? I’ll try to bring her back to you. | 回家去 好吗? 我去把她带回来 |
[22:46] | A van dropped off Stacey few hours later. | 几小时后有辆货车把Stacey扔下来 |
[22:51] | at happened to Jack? | Jack怎么了? |
[22:52] | I found out the next day he was dead. | 第二天我发现他已经死了 |
[22:55] | You ask Stacey what she saw? | 你问过Stacey都看见什么了吗? |
[22:56] | Shdidn’t talk for a week. | 她一周都没说话 |
[22:59] | Made her promise not to tell anyo what happened. | 我让她保证不对任何人说这件事 |
[23:03] | She never trusted megain. | 她再也不相信我了 |
[23:05] | We’ll need to talk to Stacey. | 我们得和Stacey谈谈 |
[23:07] | We don’t talk amore. | 我们不来往了 |
[23:08] | e never comes back to visit. | 她从不回来 |
[23:10] | If I could just go back, | 如果能重活一遍 |
[23:14] | I would have brougcomes the money myself. | 我会自己去送钱 |
[23:29] | Hey,orgeous. | 嘿 美人 |
[23:31] | What’s that you said, I never take you out? | 你是不是说 我从不带你出去? |
[23:36] | Not like that. | 那也不要这样吧 |
[23:38] | What’s the matter? You don’t liketalian? | 怎么了? 不喜欢意大利风格? |
[23:40] | Food or the car? | 你指食物还是车? |
[23:44] | I know this great little place down the Shore.Come on. | 海边有个很棒的小地方 走吧 |
[23:47] | The Shore? | 海边? |
[23:49] | How fast is that car? | 这车能有多快? |
[23:51] | I’ll get you home before sunup. | 日出前肯定送你到家 |
[24:01] | Haven’t done this in a while. | 有一阵子没这么玩过了 |
[24:05] | What, skeeball or the go-carts? | 哪一个 弹球机还是卡丁车? |
[24:07] | – Watch the sun come up. – Oh, yeah. | – 看日出 – 哦 是啊 |
[24:11] | It’s good. | 很美 |
[24:13] | I’m sorry I got us kicked out back there. | 很抱歉刚才我们被踢出局了 |
[24:17] | You ran a ten-year-old kid off the track. | 你把一个10岁孩子撞出了车道 |
[24:19] | Hey, him or me. | 嘿 否则就是我被撞出去了 |
[24:20] | Yeah, well, punk tried to box me in. | 那个小混混想挡住我 |
[24:22] | Should see me on the bumper cars. | 应该看看我开碰碰车时的样子 |
[24:26] | So the wine, the food… | 那么那酒 和美食… |
[24:30] | the Maserati? | 那辆玛莎拉蒂? |
[24:34] | Then what, you don’t think I can rock that? | 怎么 你觉得我没本事得到这些? |
[24:36] | I know what you make. | 我知道你是什么样的人 |
[24:38] | Gotta play the part sometimes. | 有时侯不得不演演戏 |
[24:40] | I thought you might get a kick out of it. | 我以为你应该会很开心 |
[24:43] | Oh, no, I did. | 是的 我是很开心 |
[24:45] | It was fun. | 很好玩 |
[24:47] | Thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[24:48] | Figured diamond studs might seem a little too forward, you know. | 钻石坠子可能太出格了一点 |
[24:51] | Oh, yeah, this is much more subtle. Hm. | 是啊 这个就精巧多了 |
[24:54] | It’s not a rental. | 这不是租来的 |
[24:57] | Figured since you’re my girl and all. | 既然你是我的女人 |
[25:04] | It’s-it’s beautiful. | 它-它很漂亮 |
[25:07] | Um, I can’t wear this around. | 我不能随身戴着它 |
[25:10] | Not on my salary. | 我的薪水买不起它 |
[25:11] | Hold on to it till the next time we go out. | 留着它 下次我们出来玩时再戴 |
[25:15] | Let me guess. No returns or exchanges? | 我来猜猜 不能退货和调换? |
[25:18] | You don’t like it? | 你不喜欢它? |
[25:21] | No, I-I didn’t say that. | 不 我没这么说 |
[25:23] | Just don’t throw it in the Schuylkill. | 别把它扔到Schuylkill河里就行了 |
[25:27] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[25:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:40] | – But… what? – You lied. | – 但…怎么了? – 你吹牛了 |
[25:43] | Said you’d get me back before sunup. Come on. | 说过要在日出前送我回家的 来吧 |
[25:56] | You don’t mind, I’ll give that back to you when we’re done here. | 你不会介意吧 问完话后我会还给你 |
[25:59] | I don’t mean to be rude, but I’ve got a condo showing at 11:00… | 我不想显得无礼 但我11点有个楼盘展示… |
[26:02] | When was the last time you saw your cousin Jack Lu? | 你最后一次见到表兄Jack陆 是几时? |
[26:05] | I’m not sure. He died when I was just a little kid. | 记不清了 他死时我还是个小孩 |
[26:08] | You remember being kidnapped? | 你记得曾被绑架吗? |
[26:11] | I’m sorry. I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 抱歉 我不明白你们在说些什么 |
[26:14] | Your brother said Jack went off to pay your ransom. | 你哥哥说Jack去付了你的赎金 |
[26:17] | You came home a few hours later, but he never did. | 几小时后你回到了家 但他再也没回来 |
[26:21] | Warren said that? | Warren那样说的? |
[26:23] | He wants to help us find out what happened to Jack. | 他想帮我们搞清Jack出了什么事 |
[26:34] | Listen, maybe I went missing a few hours, but I don’t remember specifics. | 听着 或许我曾失踪过几小时 但我记不清细节了 |
[26:39] | Anything you saw or heard could be helpful. | 任何你的所见所闻都可能有帮助 |
[26:41] | I was six years old. | 我当时6岁大 |
[26:44] | I’m sorry. May I have my phone back now? I… | 抱歉 我现在能拿回手机了? 我… |
[26:45] | When I was five I was playing outside. | 当我5岁时有次我在屋外玩耍 |
[26:49] | Neighbor’s father had a heart attack, right in front of me. | 邻居的爸爸突发心脏病 就发生在我面前 |
[26:53] | I remember the sound when his head hit pavement. | 我记得他头撞到路面的声音 |
[26:56] | I can still see his mail blowing into the street. | 我还记得他的邮件散落街上的画面 |
[27:00] | I remember everything. | 我记得所有的细节 |
[27:03] | I was five. | 我那时才5岁 |
[27:04] | Jack saved your life. | Jack救了你的命 |
[27:06] | Don’t you think you owe him anything for that? | 你不认为你欠他个人情吗? |
[27:11] | There was this… | 当时 那里… |
[27:14] | dripping pipe. | 滴水的管子 |
[27:18] | I’ll never forget that pipe. | 我永远也忘不了那些管子 |
[27:30] | Cut it out, stupid. | 停手 傻子 |
[27:38] | Don’t hurt her. I got the lucky money. $360. | 别伤害她 我拿来了钱 360美元 |
[27:41] | Hand it over. | 拿过来 |
[27:43] | I’d be honored to give it to Mr. Bo-Lin Chen myself. | 能亲手交给陈博林先生我会很荣幸 |
[27:45] | Just give it to me. | 给我就可以了 |
[27:46] | Please, I just want to talk to Mr. Bo-Lin Chen. I’ll cause no trouble. | 求你了 我只想和陈博林说几句话 我不是来找麻烦的 |
[27:50] | Mr. Bo-Lin Chen, huh? | 陈博林 哈? |
[27:51] | Stand still. | 站着别动 |
[28:01] | You’re gonna get your wish. | 如你所愿 |
[28:03] | Bo-Lin will be the last person you ever see. | 博林会是你见到的最后一个人 |
[28:06] | Let’s go. | 走 |
[28:14] | Some guy brought me home. | 几个人把我带回了家 |
[28:16] | Spent the rest of my life trying to erase it. | 我这辈子都想忘掉它 |
[28:19] | You know where you were? | 你知道你当时在哪里吗? |
[28:21] | Think it was underneath Shah-Lo Restaurant. | 应该是在Shah-Lo餐馆地下 |
[28:24] | Saw a bunch of take-out boxes and stuff like that. | 看见很多送外卖的盒子之类的 |
[28:26] | But they took him somewhere else. | 但是他们把他带到了别处 |
[28:29] | To see Bo-Lin Chen. | 去见陈博林 |
[28:31] | I don’t know where. | 我不知道是哪里 |
[28:34] | But I never saw Jack again. | 但我再也没有见到过Jack |
[28:41] | – What can I do for you, Detectives? – You can sit down. | – 有什么我可以效劳的 警探? – 你可以坐下 |
[28:44] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[28:45] | You own the Shah-Lo Restaurant, Mr. Chen? | Shah-Lo餐馆归你所有 陈先生? |
[28:49] | I have many business interests. | 我有很多产业 |
[28:52] | Like kidnapping for ransom? | 比如绑架后索求赎金? |
[28:53] | Is this some kind of joke? | 这是在开玩笑吧? |
[28:54] | In 1983 a little girl was held against her will in the basement of your restaurant. | 1983年有一个小姑娘被关在了 你餐馆的地下室 |
[28:59] | That never happened. | 没有的事 |
[29:00] | Well, she remembers it pretty good. Knows your name. | 她记得很清楚 知道你的名字 |
[29:02] | Lots of people know my name. | 很多人知道我的名字 |
[29:04] | If she saw me commit such a horrible crime, you should arrest me. | 如果她目睹我犯下了这么可怕的罪行 你们应该逮捕我 |
[29:09] | No? | 不吗? |
[29:12] | I didn’t think so. | 我认为你们也不会那样做 |
[29:13] | – I’d like to leave now. – Take a seat. | – 我想现在可以走了 – 坐下 |
[29:19] | Just need to confirm the last time you saw Jack Chao Lu. | 确认一下你最后见Jack 陆超的时间 |
[29:23] | Already told the lieutenant. | 早就告诉队长了 |
[29:25] | I want to help your investigation, but I don’t see how I can. | 我是想帮忙调查 但我爱莫能助 |
[29:29] | Well, stop jerking us around, for one. | 别再拖时间了 再说一次 |
[29:30] | What’d you call yourself last time we talked? Friend to the department? | 上次我们谈话时 你怎么形容自己的? 警局之友? |
[29:34] | That’s a joke. | 那就是个笑话 |
[29:36] | I serve as a liaison. | 我就像是一个联络员 |
[29:38] | Long as the tourists are safe the police don’t care about the people in Chinatown. | 只要游客们安全 警察从不关心唐人街的居民 |
[29:44] | Oh, and you do? | 哦 你关心? |
[29:45] | They come to me when they need help. | 他们需要帮助时会来找我 |
[29:48] | No, you threaten them so they won’t talk to us. | 不对 你威胁他们 所以他们不和我们交流 |
[29:50] | Exploit them in sweatshops, casinos, brothels. | 在地下工厂 赌场 妓院里剥削他们 |
[29:53] | That all ends today. | 现在这一切都结束了 |
[29:54] | What are you talking about? | 你们在说些什么? |
[29:55] | We’re shutting it all down. | 我们要把它们全都关了 |
[29:57] | Not mine, but what’s the point? You shut ’em down. Other ones pop up. | 不是我开的 但有意义吗? 你关了一批 马上又出来另一批 |
[30:00] | Maybe. But between now and then you’ll lose a lot of money. | 可能 但那期间你会损失很多钱 |
[30:08] | I tell you what I know, you leave Chinatown alone? | 告诉你我所知道的 你们就不来烦唐人街了? |
[30:12] | August 12, 1983. Jack Chao Lu. | 1983年8月12号 Jack 陆超 |
[30:17] | Jack grew up in Chinatown, but didn’t understand how it works. | Jack在唐人街长大 但不知道这里的规矩 |
[30:22] | I just tried to put some sense to him. | 我只是试图让他脑子清醒点 |
[30:34] | Look, don’t hurt Stacey Lee, please, all right. I’ve got your money. | 别伤害Stacey李 求求你 我拿来了钱 |
[30:39] | There’s been some misunderstanding. | 这里一定有什么误会 |
[30:42] | But I appreciate this token of your respect. | 但我谢谢你看得起我给这份钱 |
[30:51] | What is this about? | 这个用来干嘛的? |
[30:53] | – You cooperate with police? – I know what you are. | – 你和警察合作了? – 我知道你是什么人 |
[30:58] | I’m a businessman. And friend of your father’s. | 我是个商人 也是你父亲的朋友 |
[31:02] | He’d be so ashamed if he saw how you speak to me, with such disrespect. | 他看见你这样和我说话会羞愧的 太无礼了 |
[31:07] | Businessman, my ass. You smile in our face. You stab us in the back. | 商人 去你的 你是当面笑 背后捅刀子 |
[31:10] | No, no, no, no, no. You got it wrong, son. | 不 不 不 不 不 你理解错了 孩子 |
[31:14] | You want criminal, look at your cop friend. | 你想逮住那些罪犯 看看那些警察朋友 |
[31:17] | He’s too busy lining his pockets with my money to arrest anyone. | 他忙着把我给的钱往兜里塞 没空抓人 |
[31:20] | That’s not true. | 那不是真的 |
[31:22] | You’ve got a lot to learn about the world. | 关于这个世道 你要学的还多着呢 |
[31:37] | Jack left angry, but he was alive. | Jack怒气冲冲地离开 但他走时还活着 |
[31:39] | Angry with you. | 带着对你的愤怒 |
[31:40] | With the police department, of course. | 当然是对警局的 |
[31:42] | They let him down. | 他们让他失望了 |
[31:43] | You’re the one who buys cops. | 你收买了警察 |
[31:45] | It’s not bribery if the cop takes the money. It’s extortion. | 如果警察收了钱就不是贿赂 那是勒索 |
[31:49] | I’m the victim here. | 我才是受害者 |
[31:50] | Then file a complaint. Give us the cop’s name. | 那就写封投诉信 告诉我们名字 |
[31:53] | I can’t do that. I’m being extorted, | 我不能那么做 我是被勒索的 |
[31:55] | afraid for my life and so on. | 还要担惊受怕 |
[32:00] | You seem to be smart. | 你看起来挺聪明 |
[32:03] | You’ll figure it out. | 自己想明白吧 |
[32:11] | Anything on Bianchi? | 有没有关于Bianchi的线索? |
[32:13] | Found some financial discrepancies. | 财务上有些问题 |
[32:15] | All three of his kids went to private colleges. | 他3个孩子都上了私立大学 |
[32:18] | On full scholarships paid for by dummy corporations, foundations. | 全额奖学金由傀儡公司支付 |
[32:22] | Traced back to the CTA. | 追根溯源查到了CTA |
[32:24] | Maybe Jack confronted Bianchi. | 或许Jack找Bianchi对质 |
[32:26] | Had a lot to lose. | 损失大了 |
[32:28] | Pension, for sure, probably jail time. | 养老金肯定没了 或许还要坐牢 |
[32:31] | Get him in here. | 把他带来 |
[32:42] | CTA scholarships are the tip of the iceberg, Ray. | CTA的奖学金不过是冰山一角 Ray |
[32:44] | We’re going through your tax returns and bank statements now. | 我们在查你的纳税申报单和银行对帐单 |
[32:47] | I’m retired, John. | |
[32:49] | You’re going to call the rat squad without even talking to me? | 你不和我谈就要去找内务部了? |
[32:51] | They even think you got a kid’s murder on your hands. Bribery’s the least of your problems. | 他们还认为你卷入某起少年谋杀案 收贿是你最轻的罪名 |
[32:55] | You know me 30 years. You got to know I would never hurt that kid. | 我们认识30年了 你知道我不会伤害那孩子的 |
[32:59] | You gave his name to Bo-Lin Chen. What do you call that? | 你把他的名字告诉了陈博林 怎么解释? |
[33:01] | No. No way. That kid didn’t need no help to get himself into trouble. | 不 不可能 那个孩子是自找麻烦 |
[33:04] | I was in a tough spot. | 我进退两难 |
[33:05] | You put yourself in a tough spot when you took money from Bo-Lin. | 你收了博林的贿赂 当然进退两难 |
[33:08] | We make deals, John. It’s how Chinatown works. | 我们做了交易 John 这就是唐人街的办事规矩 |
[33:11] | We got to take the gifts, or the Tong won’t even talk to us. | 必须拿钱 否则没有堂会和我们谈话 |
[33:14] | Don’t say “we.” | 别说”我们” |
[33:15] | Fine. I got Bo-Lin to stop the gang shoot-outs over turf. | 好吧 我让博林停止帮派争斗 |
[33:19] | In exchange for what? | 用什么作交换? |
[33:20] | Letting him smuggle drugs, run brothels and casinos? | 让他贩毒 组织卖淫 开妓院? |
[33:23] | What was I supposed to do? | 我能怎么办? |
[33:24] | Let tourists get killed while they’re eating their sweet and sour chicken? | 让游客在吃宫保鸡丁时被干掉? |
[33:27] | Jack Lu reached out to the department for help, Ray. | Jack陆 去局里是求助 Ray |
[33:30] | He went against what everybody told him, | 他不相信周围人告诉他的 |
[33:32] | and he trusted a cop. He trusted you. | 他选择相信警察 相信你 |
[33:36] | What do you want from me? | 你想知道什么? |
[33:40] | Start with the truth. | 说真相 |
[33:45] | I can’t give you Bo-Lin. | 我不能说是博林干的 |
[33:47] | Do you have proof that he’s the doer? | 你有能证明他是主谋的证据吗? |
[33:49] | No. There’s not gonna be none. | 没 不会有的 |
[33:51] | He never got within a foot of the really dirty work. | 他连一个指头都不沾真正的非法勾当 |
[33:54] | Then it’s on you. | 那说说你吧 |
[34:00] | I couldn’t protect that kid. | 我没法保护那个孩子 |
[34:03] | He had his own set of keys to the flophouse. | 他自己有那个破旅馆的钥匙 |
[34:11] | Hey, kid. | 嘿 小伙子 |
[34:12] | What you doing here? It ain’t Thursday. | 你在这里干嘛? 今儿不是星期四 |
[34:17] | What’s up? | 怎么了? |
[34:18] | I just want to know one thing. | 我只想知道一件事情 |
[34:21] | Do you know who killed Tam? Have you known all along? | 你知道谁杀了棠? 你是不是一直都知道? |
[34:23] | Hey. What’s wrong? | 嘿 怎么了? |
[34:26] | Answer my question. | 回答我的问题 |
[34:28] | There were rival tongs. One shoots up the other’s festival over turf. | 那是帮会斗争 一方在另一方庆典时开火抢夺地盘 |
[34:33] | All right? | 好吧? |
[34:35] | No, you got to let it go. | 别这样 别管这事了 |
[34:37] | That’s why you’re going after the heroin smugglers, right? | 那就是你追捕毒贩的理由 对吧? |
[34:39] | Bo-Lin Chen. So you can stop that kind of violence? | 陈博林 那样你就能阻止那种暴力事件? |
[34:42] | Look, I told you we’re gonna get those guys, but first, we got to build a case. | 听着 我告诉过你我们会抓住那些人 但前提是能够立案 |
[34:46] | How you gonna do that when Bo-Lin Chen is paying you to make sure he doesn’t get arrested? | 你怎么能做到那样? 陈博林都付钱给你确保不被逮到啦 |
[34:53] | Who told you that? | 谁告诉你的? |
[34:55] | No wonder everything’s so messed up around here. | 难怪这里所有的事情都那么复杂 |
[34:58] | Good guys are the same as the bad guys. | 好人和坏人同流合污 |
[35:06] | Went in the room, and… | 进到房间里 然后… |
[35:08] | whole place was torn apart. | 整个地方被翻个底朝天 |
[35:12] | Jack got the other tapes. | Jack拿走了另外的带子 |
[35:14] | What other tapes? | 什么另外的带子? |
[35:20] | I held back the ones with Bo-Lin’s voice on them. | 我一直藏着的 那上面有博林的声音 |
[35:23] | It was my insurance policy. Jack got ’em all. | 那是我用来保命的 Jack全拿走了 |
[35:27] | – And where are they now? – Gone. | – 那些带子现在哪里? – 没了 |
[35:29] | Bo-Lin probably destroyed them when he took Jack out. | 博林杀掉Jack的时候可能销毁了 |
[35:31] | You could have made a case against Bo-Lin with everything you saw and did, Ray. | 你本可以用你的所闻所见立案控告博林 |
[35:35] | It doesn’t matter. | 无济于事 |
[35:37] | It’s the tong. | 关键是帮会 |
[35:39] | You cu-You cut off one head of the dragon, the other one grows back. | 你干…你干掉龙太子帮的一个头目 会有其他老大冒出来 |
[35:42] | Then you go after that one, and you go after the one after that. | 那你就去追捕那一个 接着再抓下一个 |
[35:45] | You get the guy that did the crime, Ray. That’s the job. | 你就要抓捕犯罪分子 Ray 这是职责所在 |
[35:56] | I’m gonna need that phone now. | 我现在要打个电话 |
[35:59] | Call my delegate. | 叫我的律师 |
[36:01] | You might want to call your wife first. | 你或许想先打给你老婆 |
[36:13] | If Jack went back to Bo-Lin, he’d destroy those tapes. | 如果Jack去找博林 他就会毁了那些带子 |
[36:17] | Not to mention Jack. | 更别说Jack了 |
[36:20] | Unless the kid got smarter than that. | 除非那孩子留了一手 |
[36:44] | I can’t listen anymore. | 我听不下去了 |
[36:45] | It’s important you ID the voices. | 你是否能识别磁带上的声音很重要 |
[36:47] | Please don’t ask me to do this. | 别逼我做这个 |
[36:54] | Mrs. Lu, | 卢女士 |
[36:58] | your son Jack was very brave. | 你的儿子Jack很勇敢 |
[37:01] | Honorable. | 令人尊敬 |
[37:04] | He deserves better. | 他应当死得有价值 |
[37:06] | Justice. | 得到公正 |
[37:09] | One of them is Bo-Lin Chen. | 其中一个是博林 Chen |
[37:12] | And the other voice? | 那另一个呢? |
[37:15] | Ling, my eldest son, | Ling 我的大儿子 |
[37:18] | selling his soul to the devil. | 把他的灵魂出卖给了魔鬼 |
[37:27] | Hong Sheng Long Market has two trucks. | 恒盛隆超市有两辆货车 |
[37:30] | Can easily move shipments without being stopped. | 可以轻易无阻碍地运货 |
[37:33] | What about your father? He’s not the type that can be bought. | 那你老爸呢? 他不是那种能被收买的人 |
[37:37] | Don’t worry about him. He trusts what I say. | 别担心他那里 他很信任我 |
[37:41] | He’ll never know. | 他永远不会知道 |
[37:50] | Anything you need. | 满足你所需 |
[37:54] | I’m sorry, Detectives. I don’t recognize either of the voices. | 对不起 警探 我认不出任何声音 |
[37:57] | Oh, it’s you and Bo-Lin. | 那是你和博林呐 |
[38:00] | No, no, you’re mistaken. | 不 不 你搞错了 |
[38:01] | Your brother found this tape. Probably listened to the whole thing. | 你弟弟发现了这盒带子 可能他听到了一切 |
[38:04] | If I was him, I’d be pretty disappointed in my older brother. | 如果我是他 会对我哥哥相当失望 |
[38:08] | He was a naive little kid. Didn’t know anything about responsibility. | 他就是个天真的小孩 根本不知道何为责任 |
[38:10] | He cared about doing the right thing. | 他关心如何去做正确的事情 |
[38:14] | Doesn’t count in your book? | 在你字典里没这种事吧? |
[38:15] | Jack just cared about himself. | Jack只关心自己 |
[38:17] | In our culture, we honor and protect our family above all else. | 在我们的文化里 使家族增辉 保护家庭最重要 |
[38:21] | Think your mother felt the same way. | 你妈妈也是这么想的 |
[38:25] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[38:27] | Well, you said that you weren’t on the tape, but she heard it. | 你说录音里没有你 但她听出来了 |
[38:30] | Told us herself. | 是她告诉我们的 |
[38:32] | Well, I think a mother recognizes her own son. | 我想母亲是可以认出自己儿子声音的 |
[38:37] | Is she here? | 她在这儿? |
[38:41] | No, she’s gone home. | 没 她回家了 |
[38:44] | But she did want us to give you this. | 但是她让我们给你这个 |
[38:55] | What’s it say? | 说的什么? |
[38:57] | “You have brought shame to your father, | “你令你的父亲… |
[39:01] | “and to our family name.” | 和家族名声蒙羞” |
[39:06] | That’s why you had to stop Jack. | 那就是你阻止Jack的原因 |
[39:09] | He never understood. | 他从不理解 |
[39:13] | He never understood. | 他从不理解 |
[39:14] | Jack never understood. | Jack从不理解 |
[39:25] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿做什么? |
[39:26] | You’re using Dad’s trucks to ship heroin. I know when and where. | 你用爸爸的货车运海洛因 我知道时间和地点 |
[39:30] | I’m just making a little extra money for the store. | 我只是给店里赚点外快 |
[39:34] | So Dad knows? | 老爸知道吗? |
[39:35] | We already pay hundreds of dollars a week to those punks. | 我们每周要给那些流氓几百美元 |
[39:38] | Why shouldn’t we get a piece of the pie? | 为什么我们就不能来分杯羹呢? |
[39:40] | Because they’re lowlife criminals, and we’re not. | 因为他们是下贱的罪犯 而我们不是 |
[39:42] | Bo-Lin Chen asked for my help, and is very generous in exchange. | 陈博林要我帮忙 回报很丰厚 |
[39:46] | I can’t believe you’d touch money from his pockets. | 我真不敢相信你竟然赚他的钱 |
[39:48] | You’re a ridiculous little child. | 你真是个白痴啊 |
[39:50] | I’d be a sucker if I didn’t take an opportunity handed to me on a silver platter. | 如果不抓住送上门的好机会 那我就是脑子进水了 |
[39:53] | So, Dad’s a sucker? | 那老爸脑子也进水了? |
[39:57] | He’s very traditional, and there’s no point getting him confused with more business affairs. | 他太保守 也没必要让他去搞别的生意 |
[40:02] | I’m taking over the store. | 我接管了商店 |
[40:03] | Not yet, you’re not. | 至少目前还不是 你还没有 |
[40:04] | Just leave this alone. | 别管这件事 |
[40:05] | Everybody around here wants to leave it alone. That’s why nothing ever changes. | 这里的每个人都不管 所以才没什么改变 |
[40:09] | What do you want to change, Jack? | 你想改变什么 Jack? |
[40:10] | Your buddy Bo-Lin ordered the Dragon Boys to shoot up the summer festival. | 你兄弟博林命令龙太子帮的人在端午节开火 |
[40:14] | He didn’t care who got hurt. I’m going to make him care. | 他从不关心谁会受伤 我会让他重视起来的 |
[40:17] | You’ve lost your mind, little brother. | 你已经疯了 弟弟 |
[40:19] | Not me, Ling. | 我没有 Ling |
[40:22] | They killed my Tam, and I got proof. | 他们杀了我的棠 我有证据 |
[40:26] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪儿? |
[40:28] | Wait. | 等等 |
[40:30] | Jack, you’re not going to tell Dad about the truck? | Jack 你要告诉老爸货车的事? |
[40:33] | You did this to yourself. | 是你自找的 |
[40:34] | He’ll disown me. You know that. | 他会和我断绝关系的 你知道的 |
[40:37] | You’re not my brother. | 你不再是我哥了 |
[40:43] | Stop! | 站住! |
[40:45] | Jack! | |
[40:48] | Stop! | 站住! |
[40:51] | Jack! | |
[41:18] | * “Every breath you take” by The Police * | |
[41:23] | * Every breath you take * | |
[41:28] | * And every move you make * | |
[41:31] | * Every bond you break, every step you take * | |
[41:36] | * I’ll be watching you * | |
[41:40] | * Every single day * | |
[41:44] | * And every word you say * | |
[41:48] | * Every game you play, every night you stay * | |
[41:52] | * I’ll be watching you * | |
[41:56] | * Oh, can’t you see * | |
[42:00] | * You belong to me? * | |
[42:04] | * Now, my poor heart aches * | |
[42:08] | * With every step you take * | |
[42:12] | * Every move you make * | |
[42:16] | * Every vow you break * | |
[42:20] | * Every smile you fake, every claim you stake * | |
[42:25] | * I’ll be watching you * | |
[42:31] | * Since you’ve gone, I’ve been lost without a trace * | |
[42:35] | * I dream at night, I can only see your face * | |
[42:39] | * I look around, but it’s you I can’t replace * | |
[42:43] | * I feel so cold, and I long for your embrace * | |
[42:47] | * I keep crying, baby, baby, please * | |
[43:10] | * Oh, can’t you see * | |
[43:14] | * You belong to me? * | |
[43:18] | * Now, my poor heart aches… * | |
[43:22] | * Every step you take * | |
[43:26] | * Every move you make * | |
[43:30] | * Every vow you break * | |
[43:34] | * I’ll be watching you * |