时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | *** | 故事纯属虚构 并无影射任何真人真事 |
[00:02] | MR. **A CAR THEFT assault,eluding police. | Caceres先生面临偷盗汽车指控 并且逃避追捕 |
[00:05] | *** | |
[00:08] | Your Honor,Alex is a good kid. | 大人 Alex是个好孩子 |
[00:10] | Mr. Caceres was in front of this court on drug trafficking charges less than six months ago. | 不到半年前 Caceres先生被控贩毒 |
[00:15] | Beuse He was forced to mule drugs for his previous foster parents. | 他之前的养父母强迫他运毒 |
[00:18] | His father’s been incarcerated since he was an infant. | 他父亲在他还是孩子时就入狱了 |
[00:20] | His mother and his brother were killed two years ago. | 他母亲和弟弟两年前被杀了 |
[00:23] | If you could just let Alex explain. | 你能听听Alex的陈述吗 |
[00:27] | 30 seconds,Mr. Caceres. | 30秒 Caceres先生 |
[00:30] | Judge…Your-your Honor… sir… | 法官…大人… 先生… |
[00:33] | I… I took my foster father’s car for a ride. | 我–我开走了继父的车 |
[00:36] | I-I know I was wrong. Just…needed to get away. | 我–我知道这是错的 只是 我得离开 |
[00:39] | Does that explain your foster father’s broken wrist? | 你继父的手腕是怎么断的? |
[00:42] | He tried to hit me.I got scared,moved out of the way. | 他想打我 我很害怕 就躲开了 |
[00:43] | The DA recommends a suspended sentence. | 地检要求缓刑 |
[00:47] | I’M not so inclined.Mr. Caceres needs to learn the consequences of his actions. | 我不认同 Caceres先生需要知道 他做这些事必须承担的后果 |
[00:52] | Your Honor,I have a decorated police detective ready to testify on behalf of Alex’s character. | 大人 我本来请了个警探 为Alex的品行做证 |
[00:57] | He must be running a little late. | 他肯定是有事耽搁了 |
[00:59] | So am I. | 我也有事 |
[01:00] | 18 months at Havenhurst Academy. | 判处在Havenhurst少管所劳教18个月 |
[01:03] | Approach the bench,Mr. Caceres. | Caceres先生 请上前来 |
[01:23] | It’s over? | 结束了? |
[01:24] | Hang ‘Em High Harry never goes past two minutes. | 追命索Harry 断案从不超过2分钟 |
[01:26] | – Where were you? – I got caught up. | – 你上哪了? – 有事耽搁了 |
[01:29] | Don’t tell me. | 别跟我解释 |
[01:31] | Alex… | |
[01:33] | It’s cool,Detective Valens.They’re taking me to this Havenhurst place. | 没关系 Valens警探 他们要带我去Havenhurst |
[01:36] | Can’t be worse than foster care,right? | 总比寄养好多了 不是吗? |
[01:38] | Hey,look,uh,I’m going to talk to the judge. | 听着 我会去跟法官说的 |
[01:41] | Hey,Alex. | 嘿 Alex |
[01:44] | I got your back,okay? | 我会帮你的 OK? |
[02:20] | Jamal wouldn’t step off.Up in Franco’s grill. | Jamal不肯让步 Franco正在气头上 |
[02:23] | Franco put two in his.Just left him there. | Franco给了他两枪 就把他扔在那了 |
[02:26] | Colorful story,Michael. | 故事很精彩 Michael |
[02:28] | The thing is,Jamal was shot in the chest. | 不过Jamal是胸部中弹 |
[02:31] | Booked the doer last week.It wasn’t Franco. | 罪犯上周就抓到了 不是Franco |
[02:33] | Look,you’re up on petty theft.I mean,doing three months.Why yank our chain? | 你只是犯了偷窃 就三个月 为什么骗我们? |
[02:36] | They’re sending me to Havenhurst. I can’t go back. | 他们要送我去Havenhurst 我不能回那了 |
[02:38] | We’re homicide,not concierge. | 我们是凶杀组 不是门房 |
[02:40] | You don’t help,going to be a homicide– mine. | 你们要是不帮忙 就会有人被杀–我 |
[02:44] | They’ll do me like they did Alex. | 他们怎么对Alex 就会怎么对我 |
[02:46] | Alex who? | 哪个Alex? |
[02:48] | Caceres. | |
[02:50] | Hey,that was an accident. | 那是个意外 |
[02:52] | You know who he’s talking about? | 你知道他在说谁吗? |
[02:53] | Said he slipped.But I found him. | 他们说他滑倒了 但是我发现的他 |
[02:56] | Bruises all over. | 全身都是瘀伤 |
[02:58] | Wrists had marks like he was tied up. | 手腕的痕迹像被绑起来过 |
[02:59] | I read the coroner’s report.There was nothing about bruising. | 我看过尸检报告 没有说什么瘀伤 |
[03:02] | I know what I saw. | 我知道我看见了什么 |
[03:03] | You’re saying someone at Havenhurst killed him and made it look like an accident? | 你是说Havenhurst里的人杀了他 然后伪装成意外? |
[03:09] | – He talked about you. – Hey,you make up that crap about Jamal | – 他说过你 – 嘿 你编Jamal的事是为了找我? 我都不知道你还记不记得他 |
[03:11] | – to get me in the room? – Didn’t even know if you’d remember him. | |
[03:15] | Yeah,well,I do,so talk. | 我记得 说吧 |
[03:17] | I ain’t saying another word unless you’re going to keep me out of Havenhurst. | 如果你不保证我不去Havenhurst 我啥也不会说 |
[03:23] | Got your back,Michael. | 我会帮忙的 Michael |
[03:25] | Said the same thing to Alex, | 你跟Alex说了一样的话 |
[03:27] | and look what happened to him. | |
[04:00] | cold case Season7Episode 03 | |
[04:09] | Alex died of a subdural hematoma. | Alex死于硬脑膜下水肿 |
[04:11] | – Havenhurst said it was an accident. – Well,accidents happen. | – Havenhurst说是个意外 – 不是没可能 |
[04:14] | Yeah,well,this one happens in the middle of the night– no one heard a thing. | 是 可这事发生在半夜–没人听到声音 |
[04:17] | The next morning,they moved him out of his room before the cops got there. | 第二天一早 尸体在警察去之前 就被移出了自己房间 |
[04:20] | Wasn’t it investigated? | 没人调查过吗? |
[04:21] | Yeah. M.E. called it a slip and fall,and that’s that.Thing is,M.E. was a hack. | 没有 法医说是滑倒就结案了 可法医被收买了 |
[04:24] | Scotty,overtime has been cut to the bone. | Scotty 加班费已被缩减到最少程度 |
[04:27] | Deputy Commissioner is breathing down my neck. | 副局长在步步紧逼 |
[04:29] | Oh,come on,boss.You’re going To let a tool bag like Doherty back you off a case? | 老大 你会让Doherty那种小人 阻止你办案吗? |
[04:32] | – I don’t see a case here. – Well,I didn’t,either,till I found the autopsy photos. | – 我不觉得这是个案子 – 开始也不觉得 可我找到这些尸检照片 |
[04:36] | I’d never seen them before. | 我之前从没见过 |
[04:37] | The bruising consistent with a physical altercation. | 这些瘀伤表明有过打斗 |
[04:41] | These marks on the wrists look like restraints. | 手腕上的伤像捆绑的痕迹 |
[04:43] | – You’re thinking abuse. – It wouldn’t be the first. | – 你觉得有虐待的现象 – 这不是第一例 |
[04:45] | I mean,you know– uh…private facilities like this are barely regulated. | 我是说-象这些私人少管所 很少受法律约束 |
[04:51] | Should have looked closer back then. | 我那时该好好查的 |
[04:58] | What does this kid mean to you,Scotty? | 这孩子对你有什么意义 Scotty? |
[05:03] | A few years back in Narcotics, | 几年前在缉毒组的时候 |
[05:07] | Alex’s mother was going to testify against a dealer in a case of mine. | Alex的妈妈要出庭指证一个毒贩 是我的案子 |
[05:12] | Detective V,what’s it take to get a snack around here? | V警官 这儿没零食吃吗? |
[05:16] | If I can’t get some change for the vending machine,I’m gonna sue for police brutality. | 如果你不给我点零钱买吃的 我就要投诉警察虐待了 |
[05:23] | Uh,I’m just playing.You know I got much love | 我是开玩笑的 我爱死费城警署了 |
[05:26] | – for Philly’s finest. – Alex. | |
[05:29] | Something happened. | 出事了 |
[05:34] | His mom and ten-year-old brother were killed in a drive-by. | 他妈妈和十岁的弟弟被驶过的汽车射杀 |
[05:41] | I transferred out of Narco. | 我离开了缉毒组 |
[05:43] | Tried to look after Alex,but… | 想照顾Alex 但是… |
[05:45] | You sure this isn’t the guilt talking,Scotty? | 你确定没有心存内疚 Scotty? |
[05:48] | A kid like Michael’s been in the worst facilities,and Havenhurst terrifies him. | 像Michael这种孩子什么样的少管所都呆过 但他害怕去Havenhurst |
[05:53] | I mean,something’s up. | 说明有问题 |
[05:55] | All right,on the QT,Scotty. | 好吧 低调调查 Scotty |
[05:58] | Keep it small. | 别把事搞大 |
[06:05] | We don’t think of our kids as offenders. | 我们不认为这些孩子是罪犯 |
[06:07] | They need a chance to work out their problems. | 他们需要个机会来解决他们的问题 |
[06:09] | We give them a voice. | 我们帮助他们 |
[06:11] | How’s that working out? | 效果怎么样? |
[06:13] | Seven percent improvement on recidivism rates compared to the state for half of what they spend. | 屡犯率下降7% 经费却只有政府开支的一半 |
[06:17] | Minimal oversight,too,right? | 最低司法监督也只做一半 是吗? |
[06:19] | Regulation never kept a kid out of jail. | 法规不能让孩子停止犯罪 |
[06:22] | State rewards us with more cutbacks and more kids. | 政府希望我们裁员的同时管理更多孩子 |
[06:25] | Can’t turn them away.We’re trying to help. | 我们不能拒绝 正尽力帮助他们 |
[06:28] | Well,how about Alex Caceres?You able to help him? | 那对Alex Caceres呢? 你帮他了吗? |
[06:31] | Alex Caceres. | |
[06:33] | Yeah,that was a terrible accident. | 那次事故真可怕 |
[06:34] | We’re looking into that. | 我们在调查 |
[06:37] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[06:39] | I mean,he slipped in his room,trying to open a window.AC was on the fritz. | 空调坏了 他想开窗 然后滑倒了 |
[06:42] | The cops never got a look at the body ’cause you moved it before they got here. | 警察根本没看过尸体 在他们来之前你们就移动过了 |
[06:45] | Wasn’t a body to me. | 那时候还不是尸体 |
[06:47] | We moved him to the infirmary,trying to save his life. | 我们把他移到医务室抢救 |
[06:50] | Who has access to the rooms at night? | 那晚谁去了那房间? |
[06:52] | Just the counselors. | 只有辅导员 |
[06:54] | Counselors– that like a guard? | 辅导员–像警卫的那种? |
[06:56] | Um,”guard” sends the wrong message. | 用”警卫”这个词不符合实情 |
[06:58] | “Counselor” is much better. | “辅导员”更好听些 |
[07:00] | Laticia Myers oversaw Alex’s dorm.She still works here. | Laticia Myers管Alex的房间 她现在还在这工作 |
[07:04] | You ever use restraints on the kids? | 你会捆绑这些孩子吗? |
[07:06] | *** | 从没捆过Alex 他表现挺好的 保密号码 |
[07:06] | Never on a kid like Alex.He was pretty well-behaved. | 从没捆过Alex 他表现挺好的 保密号码 |
[07:09] | Any other kids have a problem with him or…? | 有其他孩子跟他不合或…. |
[07:12] | I wish I could tell you more. | 我希望能帮到你 |
[07:14] | Alex wasn’t here for very long. | Alex没在这待多久 |
[07:17] | This happened five years ago. | 而且这都是五年前的事了 |
[07:19] | – Why are you guys here now? – New information. | – 你们怎么现在才来查? – 新线索 |
[07:21] | We’ll need a list of all staff and teachers from 2004. | 我们需要2004年雇工和教员的清单 |
[07:24] | Employment records,security logs,time cards. | 工作 稽查 考勤记录 |
[07:27] | Whatever you need. | 要就拿去吧 |
[07:29] | Only a matter a time before something like that happened. | 发生那种事只是时间问题 |
[07:32] | Your boss says the place runs smooth. | 你的老板说这里运转良好 |
[07:34] | You got the song and dance from Mr. Price?All the “Kumbaya” crap? | 你相信Price先生的花言巧语? 这里歌舞升平? |
[07:38] | It ain’t true? | 不是这样吗? |
[07:39] | Place is understaffed,over capacity.Add kids who’ve never had adult supervision… | 这里人手不足 地方已经不够了 再加上这些没有人管过的孩子… |
[07:44] | you do that math. | 你觉得呢 |
[07:45] | A lot of pressure on you counselors. | 你们辅导员的压力很大 |
[07:48] | Keep your hands to yourself,Alberto!I mean now. | 别动手动脚 Alberto!现在! |
[07:54] | I came up Third and Diamond.I’m used to boys like this. | 我来自三钻街区 习惯了这样的孩子 |
[07:57] | Alex was killed in his room.It possible another kid could have done it? | Alex在他的房间里被杀 有可能是其他孩子做的吗? |
[08:00] | Place like this,doesn’t take much to set it off. | 像这样的地方 任何小事都会引发斗殴 |
[08:06] | Lights out is 9:45. | 9:45 熄灯 |
[08:08] | I catch you out of bed,it’s detention. | 我要是发现你没上床 禁闭 |
[08:11] | Catch you in the common room,it’s detention. | 发现你在公共休息室 禁闭 |
[08:14] | I catch you in the bathroom… | 发现你在厕所… |
[08:17] | it’s detention. | 禁闭 |
[08:19] | You don’t mess with me.I don’t mess with you. | 你不惹我 我就不动你 |
[08:22] | You do,I take you down. | 你要是惹了我 就有你好受的 |
[08:39] | Open the door right now! | 开门 现在! |
[08:46] | Give me this backpack,man. | 钥匙给我 把包给我 |
[08:51] | Look what we got here. | 我们看看这有什么 |
[08:53] | Give it back! | 还我! |
[08:55] | Oh,you wanted that?My bad,man.I didn’t even know. | 你想要?不好意思 我不知道你想要 |
[08:58] | Belongs to him,King Kong. | 这是他的东西 大猩猩 |
[09:00] | What you call me? You call me a monkey,homes? | 你叫我什么? 你说我是猴子 小白脸? |
[09:02] | Sure smell like one,bro. | 闻起来更像 伙计 |
[09:03] | I’m gonna knock your little smart-ass Puerto Rican head in half. How about that? | 不如我把你这波多黎加仔的头打成两半 怎么样? |
[09:09] | Ray-Ray!Get up! Get up right now! | Ray-Ray! 起来! 现在! |
[09:12] | – Man,get off of me,man. – Stop! | – 别碰我 – 停下! |
[09:13] | Come on,Alex.It’s over,boys. It’s over. | 起来 Alex 到此结束 孩子们 到此结束 |
[09:18] | We’re going to talk this out. | 你们要讲和 |
[09:24] | Evan had a conference with them.Made them shake hands. | 还专门开了个会 让他们握手言和 |
[09:28] | Sent them back in time for lunch. | 午饭的时候送他们回去 |
[09:29] | This Ray-Ray– type to hold a grudge? | 这个Ray-Ray–是那种记仇的人吗? |
[09:32] | Miracle Alex lasted as long as he did. | 他从此记住了Alex |
[09:40] | Ray-Ray.Big,bad stickup boy on parole after serving a deuce upstate. | Ray-Ray 大块头小子犯抢劫罪 在北部监狱服2年刑后被保释 |
[09:46] | Yet you got a library card? | 你还能拿到图书证? |
[09:49] | All right,all right.Be a gentleman. | 好的好的 绅士一点 |
[09:53] | Darleen…Lydia…Marissa. | |
[09:58] | Just…breaking hearts all over South Philly. | 在南费城到处留情 |
[10:01] | What you doing,man? | 你想干嘛? |
[10:03] | – Tell us about Alex Caceres. – WHO? | – 跟我们说说Alex Caceres – 谁? |
[10:05] | Played you in front of your boys day he got to Havenhurst. | 他去Havenhurst的第一天 在你的喽��面前挑衅你 |
[10:09] | Lived in the same dorm. | 和你住同一个宿舍 |
[10:10] | Till he woke up dead in his room one morning. | 直到有天早上他死在了房间里 |
[10:12] | I don’t know nothing about that. | 我什么都不知道 |
[10:14] | Adios,Darleen. | 再见了 Darleen |
[10:16] | Lydia. | |
[10:19] | Ooh,Marissa. | |
[10:20] | Marissa? No.Can you leave that one?Look,man,I ain’t got nothing to hide,man. | Marissa 别 那个你能给我留下吗? 听着 我没什么想瞒着的 |
[10:24] | All right? Me and Alex was tight,for reals. | 我和Alex挺铁的 真的 |
[10:33] | Hey,man,I’m outside waiting on my ride,right? | 我在外面的车上等着 对吧? |
[10:37] | Cops roll up before I can even empty my pockets,dog. | 我还没来得及掏空口袋 条子们就涌上来了 |
[10:40] | Got me on felony weight,man.Looking at some serious time,man. | 说我带的量足够判重罪 他们一直在等着让我坐大牢呢 |
[10:43] | – Ain’t you got a younger cousin? – Say what? | – 难道你没有小弟吗? – 你说啥呢? |
[10:46] | You get a little kid to deliver your product. | 让小孩帮你送货 |
[10:48] | They do what you tell them ’cause they scared. | 他们都很胆小 百依百顺 |
[10:50] | And if they’re caught,they can’t do serious time. | 而且即使他们被抓 也没什么大不了 |
[10:53] | – Man,how do you know that? – Lived it. | – 你怎么知道的? – 我就这么活过来的 |
[10:56] | Can’t throw a punch,but you’re smart. | 你打架不行 不过够聪明 |
[10:58] | Heard you was the one got open the window in your room. | 听说你把房间的窗户弄开了 |
[11:01] | Been trying out for a month,man.I almost broke my hand trying to work the hinge. | 我试了一个月了 为了掰开铰链手都快废了 |
[11:05] | Ain’t about muscle. | 靠蛮力可不行 |
[11:08] | It’s finesse. | 得靠策略 |
[11:11] | You stealing from me,boy? | 从我那儿偷来的 小鬼? |
[11:12] | Sit your ass back down. | 老实坐着 |
[11:21] | Take from me again, | 再犯一次 |
[11:23] | I’ll pull your arm right out of the socket. | 我就把你的胳膊拧下来 |
[11:30] | The look in Jimmy’s eyes.We all knew he’d been upstate. | Jimmy的眼神… 我们都知道他在北部监狱呆过 |
[11:35] | This Jimmy get rough with the kids? | Jimmy总和孩子们过不去? |
[11:37] | Look,man,that place was a joke to me. | 听着 我根本不把那儿的人当回事 |
[11:40] | Except Jimmy.Him– I took serious. | 但Jimmy不同 对他…我得小心应付 |
[11:44] | Oh,sorry,Dad.I got caught up. | 对不起 爸爸 我得加班 |
[11:47] | No,no.Tomorrow works. | 不不 明天可以 |
[11:49] | Same time. Bye. | 老时间 再见 |
[11:53] | Oh,no. You didn’t have to cancel your plans. | 别 你没必要取消计划 |
[11:55] | Partner’s right? | 搭档的权利? |
[11:57] | Share the load? | 分担重担? |
[11:59] | Well,the files are a mess. | 文件乱糟糟的 |
[12:01] | Employment records mixed with offender intake forms. | 雇员记录和罪犯登记表混在一起 |
[12:04] | I mean,nothing’s where it’s supposed to be. | 没有东西是放对了地方的 |
[12:06] | Well,I did find this.Criminal record for our shop teacher– Jimmy Clarke. | 我找到了这个 我们的劳技教师 Jimmy Clarke的犯罪记录 |
[12:10] | Picked up his prison stare in New Jersey State Pen.Seven years for ag assault. | 因为攻击性侵犯被判7年 在新泽西州监狱服刑 |
[12:14] | Nearly killed a guy with the butt of his gun. | 差点用枪托把人打死 |
[12:18] | How’s an ex-con like this get hired to teach at Havenhurst? | 这种刑满释放人员 怎么会被Havenhurst雇佣当老师的? |
[12:22] | Well,not a long line of applicants. | 没人应聘呗 |
[12:24] | No pay,no benefits,no background check. | 没钱没福利 当然也不调查背景了 |
[12:27] | – No problem. – Yeah. | – 也没麻烦 – 是啊 |
[12:38] | It’s a gold Mercury Sable registered to a Maurice Kitchener. | 是一辆金色福特水星黑貂车 登记在Maurice Kitchener名下 |
[12:44] | Whatever you need,I’ll back you up. | 需要帮什么忙尽管说 |
[12:57] | Deputy Commissioner Doherty. | 副局长Doherty |
[13:00] | Trying to introduce myself to all the detectives under my command. | 向我麾下的所有警探作自我介绍 |
[13:03] | Miller,right? Used to work Narcotics? | 你是Miller 对吧? 原来是缉毒组的? |
[13:05] | – That’s right. – You the one who opened this Alex Caceres can of worms? | – 没错 – 是你重开了Alex Caceres的案子? |
[13:09] | That’d be me,Pat. | 是我 Pat |
[13:18] | Just can’t help yourself,John. | 你就是管不住自己啊 John |
[13:21] | Got to find new ways to piss me off? | 非得惹我生气是吧? |
[13:23] | Keeps me busy during the slow times. | 找点事打发难熬的时间罢了 |
[13:25] | Want to tell me why the hell we’re investigating an accidental death? | 想告诉我为什么调查一起意外死亡吗? |
[13:28] | What’s it matter to you what cases we take? | 我们调查什么案子对你有什么影响? |
[13:29] | We need closed cases,not whodunits. | 我们需要结案 但不是侦探小说 |
[13:32] | You let me worry about closing them.You can always take the credit. | 你只管让我去调查 荣誉都归你 |
[13:35] | I oversee the Detective Bureau now,John. | 现在是我负责刑侦部门 John |
[13:38] | Gonna have to get used to it. | 你得习惯这一点 |
[13:39] | You’re shutting this investigation down immediately. | 你马上把调查停了 |
[13:43] | We clear? | 听明白了? |
[13:46] | I need to hear you say it,John. | 我要听见你的回答 John |
[13:49] | We’re clear. | 听明白了 |
[14:06] | Whatever you need on the Alex Caceres job,you got it. | Alex Caceres的案子 需要什么只管去弄 |
[14:13] | Got anger management issues,Jimmy? | 管不住自己的脾气是吧 Jimmy? |
[14:16] | Meaning? | 啥意思? |
[14:17] | You beat a guy to a bloody pulp in a parking lot in Atlantic City. | 你在大西洋城的停车场 把一个人打成了肉泥 |
[14:20] | Guy owed me money, | 丫欠我钱 |
[14:22] | wanted to pay me back with a crowbar.I was protecting myself. | 拎着撬棍想赖账 我只是自卫反击 |
[14:26] | Did my time for it,too. | 我也因此蹲过大牢了 |
[14:27] | Why take a job at a place like Havenhurst? | 为什么在Havenhurst找工作? |
[14:30] | When I went upstate,I arned carpentry. | 我在北部监狱时学会了木匠活 |
[14:32] | Figured that was something I could give back to these kids. | 我觉得自己可以教教那些孩子 |
[14:35] | – A way out. – Well,an ex-con altruist. | – 帮他们摆脱困境 – 哇 刑满释放的利他主义者 |
[14:38] | Teaching street kids they could use their hands to build. | 教那些街头小混混明白 可以用自己的双手自食其力 |
[14:42] | Give ’em pride. | 帮他们建立自尊 |
[14:44] | Call it what you want. | 随你怎么说了 |
[14:45] | What about trouble kids?Alex Caceres,for instance. | 那问题少年呢? 比如说Alex Caceres |
[14:50] | – This is about Alex? – Well,he stole from you,right? | – 让我来就为了Alex? – 他偷你东西了 对吧? |
[14:53] | Like that guy in AC. | 和大西洋城那个家伙一样 |
[14:54] | Nah,he just made a mistake.We-we were cool. | 不 他只是犯了错 我们之间没问题 |
[14:57] | Don’t seem surprised to hear his name come from a homicide detective. | 从谋杀案警探口中听到他的名字 你貌似一点也不惊讶 |
[15:01] | Never believed it was an accident. | 我从来不相信那是个意外 |
[15:03] | Could have spoken up back in the day. | 你那时候怎么不说 |
[15:05] | Yeah.Me and cops don’t get along too good. | 是啊 我和警察的关系不要太好了 |
[15:09] | You have access to the dorms at Havenhurst? | 你能进入Havenhurst的宿舍吗? |
[15:11] | Rules were clear– I was only allowed in the classroom area. | 条例上清清楚楚 我只能进入教学区 |
[15:15] | Where were you the night Alex died? | Alex死亡当晚你在哪? |
[15:17] | Working nights in a hardware store so I could afford supplies for my shop class. | 在五金店加夜班 这样我才买得起上课用的材料 |
[15:22] | I was the only one looking out for that kid. | 我是唯一关心那孩子的人 |
[15:26] | Did a pretty lousy job of it,Jimmy. | 那你照料得可真够烂 Jimmy |
[15:29] | Don’t think I know that? | 你以为我不知道吗? |
[15:33] | Eats me up every day. | 这每天都在纠缠着我 |
[15:47] | Got any with nuts? | 有没有带坚果的? |
[15:48] | – Two dollars. – Yeah,not today,my man. | – 两块钱 – 今天不行 伙计 |
[15:51] | I can get other stuff,too. Anything you want. | 我也能弄到别的 随便你想要啥都成 |
[15:53] | Just name it. | 告诉我名字就行 |
[15:55] | Acclimating yourself like a pro,huh? | 把自己磨成个老手了 是吧? |
[15:58] | Gaming the system prepares you for one thing– | 和体制过不去只能给你一个结局 |
[16:01] | becoming a repeat offender. | 变成个惯犯 |
[16:03] | You a smart kid. | 你很聪明 |
[16:05] | You need to put your mind to something constructive. | 要用在正道上 |
[16:07] | Like what?Building birdhouses? | 比如说? 做鸟笼? |
[16:09] | Do the time,or the time does you. | 好好坐牢 否则就把牢底坐穿 |
[16:11] | Gonna tell me to work the system?’Cause all the system done for me is take my family, | 来教训我怎么和体制合作? 体制做的就是让我家破人亡 |
[16:16] | stick me in places like this. | 把我扔在这种鬼地方 |
[16:20] | That’s a raw deal,my man. | 这是不公平 伙计 |
[16:23] | For real. | 真的 |
[16:25] | But you can’t keep it bottled in. | 但你不能铁了心呆在这儿 |
[16:27] | It festers in there.Trust me,I know. | 在这里你会烂掉的 相信我 我知道 |
[16:32] | Old picture. | 老照片 |
[16:36] | Guess you don’t see him much anymore. | 我猜你都没怎么见过他了 |
[16:39] | Don’t say another word about him. | 别扯上他 |
[16:43] | Didn’t mean nothing. | 没别的意思 |
[16:47] | Let’s keep it on you. | 我们还是谈谈你 |
[16:50] | Why you got blood on your shirt,hmm? | 你身上怎么会有血? |
[16:54] | Come on,Alex!Either you’re getting beat,or you’re doing the beating | 告诉我 Alex! 你是打人了还是被打了 |
[16:58] | I gots to go. | 我得走了 |
[17:07] | Figured he was getting bullied. | 估计他是被威胁了 |
[17:10] | Tried a couple more times to get through to him. | 后来试着和他聊了几次 |
[17:14] | He wouldn’t talk. | 他啥都不说 |
[17:15] | – Give up after that? – Of course not. | – 你就放弃了? – 当然没 |
[17:19] | I called the only person who might’ve actually helped. | 我给唯一可能帮他的人打了电话 |
[17:24] | His lawyer. | 他的律师 |
[17:26] | What do you want me to say?A lot of kids I used to work with got hurt. | 你想让我说什么? 我负责的很多孩子都挨打 |
[17:30] | Many of them reach out to you,like Alex Caceres,days before they died? | 难道很多人都像Alex Caceres那样 在死前几天向你求助? |
[17:34] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 不知道你在说什么 |
[17:36] | Well,his shop teacher,Jimmy Clarke,called you,told you Alex was in trouble. | 他的劳技老师Jimmy Clarke 打电话给你 告诉你Alex有麻烦 |
[17:40] | We need to take you into interrogation? Jog your memory? | 我们要调查你吗? 帮你恢复下记忆? |
[17:43] | We have records,show you visited Alex at Havenhurst the week he died. | 有记录证明你在Alex死亡那一周 到Havenhurst见过他 |
[17:53] | I got out of this racket for a reason. | 我离职不干是有原因的 |
[17:57] | So damn tragic all the time. | 悲剧一刻不停在上演 |
[18:00] | Jimmy said Alex had blood on his shirt.What was going on with him? | Jimmy说Alex衬衫上有血 他怎么了? |
[18:04] | Not what you think. | 不是你想的那样 |
[18:09] | Jimmy thinks you’re in trouble. | Jimmy觉得你有麻烦 |
[18:11] | And he wouldn’t go through the hassle of calling me unless he thinks it’s serious. | 如果事情不严重 他不会大费周章来找我 |
[18:19] | Alex,if the older boys are bothering you,we need to address that. | Alex 如果有人找你麻烦 我们得插手 |
[18:25] | Have a conference. | 开个调查会 |
[18:27] | Ain’t no snitch. | 我不打小报告 |
[18:28] | MARCI: It’s not really snitching if it’s happening to you. | 如果他们伤害你 这就不算打小报告 |
[18:37] | Why don’t I get myself a cup of coffee,hmm? | 我去喝杯咖啡好了 |
[18:43] | If someone’s hurting you,you’ve got to speak up. | 如果有人伤害你 你得说出来 |
[18:45] | Could be grounds to get you out. | 这可能是把你弄出去的好机会 |
[18:48] | Not me. | 不是我 |
[18:50] | Someone else.He’s young like a runt. | 是别人 年纪小的像耗子 |
[18:52] | Getting beat every night. | 每晚都被揍 |
[18:54] | Well,then he needs to call his own lawyer. | 那他应该给他的律师打电话 |
[18:57] | His lawyer won’t return his calls. | 他的律师不回电 |
[18:59] | He won’t survive much longer.Said you’re here to help. | 他活不长了 你说你会帮忙的 |
[19:02] | – I’m here to help you. – Then get him out of here. | – 我是来帮你的 – 那就把他弄出去 |
[19:05] | He’s 11. | 他才11岁 |
[19:06] | Lifted some comics,got six months. | 偷了几本漫画书 就判了6个月 |
[19:09] | That sound right to you? | 你觉得合理吗? |
[19:13] | Give me his name,I’ll look into it,but no promises. | 告诉我他的名字 我查查 不过我可不承诺什么 |
[19:19] | Michael. Michael Rodgers.You’ll like him. | Michael Rodgers 你会喜欢他的 |
[19:23] | I’ll call his lawyer,get into it. | 我会给他的律师打电话 让他介入 |
[19:29] | what’s this mean,”juris…” | 这是什么意思 “juris…” |
[19:31] | “Jurisprudence”? | “法学”? |
[19:33] | It’s the legal system. | 这是司法体制 |
[19:35] | It ensures we get justice. | 它保证我们受到公正待遇 |
[19:37] | We all abide by it. | 我们都遵守它 |
[19:39] | It’s how I’m gonna help you. | 这就是我帮你的方式 |
[19:45] | Found Michael Rodgers’s lawyer, | 我找到Michael Rodgers的律师 |
[19:48] | told him Michael was having trouble,made sure he petitioned to have him transferred. | 告诉他Michael有麻烦 确认他申请了转移 |
[19:51] | So,that’s it? | 就这些? |
[19:53] | I was overwhelmed with my own clients.What was I supposed to do? | 我自己的客户都顾不过来了 还指望我干什么? |
[19:56] | Oh,maybe speak up when Alex died three weeks later? | 也许3周后Alex死亡时你该说出来 |
[19:59] | Well,I didn’t see you there,either,Valens. | 我也没见你在那儿 Valens |
[20:02] | – Yeah. – Or were you late again? | – 是的 – 还是你又迟到了? |
[20:03] | Hey,I reached out to Alex.Told him whatever he needed,I’d be there. | 我想帮Alex的 告诉他不论他需要什么 我都会尽力 |
[20:07] | But he pushed you away,right? | 但是他拒绝了 对吧? |
[20:09] | Ever wonder why? | 想过为什么吗? |
[20:11] | Or does self-doubt cramp your style? | 还是缺乏自信束缚了你的手脚? |
[20:21] | Still on hold? | 还忙呢? |
[20:23] | Yeah. Trying to get Michael out of J.D.C. | 是啊 我想把Michael从感化中心弄出来 |
[20:25] | Court hasn’t responded to my request to move him,so… | 法院没有回应我 所以… |
[20:28] | Spoke to his lawyer from back then. | 说到当初他的律师 |
[20:31] | Petition to transfer Michael from Havenhurst was denied. | 申请将Michael从Havenhurst转移 被否决了 |
[20:34] | Got to love the juvenile justice system. | 我要爱上青少年司法体系了 |
[20:36] | The weird thing is,his lawyer says Michael was transferred a few days after Alex died. | 但奇怪的是 他的律师说 Alex死后没几天 Michael就被转移了 |
[20:41] | Never knew why. | 不知道原因 |
[20:44] | Well,maybe Michael could fill in the blanks if I can get ahold of him. | 也许找到Michael 就可以帮我们解开谜题 |
[20:49] | You know what that lawyer said? Marci? | 你还记得那个律师的话吗? Marci? |
[20:53] | Hey,can’t be everywhere at once. | 嘿 你无法分身有术 照管那么多事 |
[20:56] | – Should have been there,though. – The system let him down,not you. | – 但我当时确实该到场 – 是体制让他失望 与你无关 |
[21:00] | All due respect,Lil. | 无意冒犯 Lil |
[21:04] | It was me. | 可确实是我的错 |
[21:07] | Look,you know,go to your dinner. | 你快去赴宴吧 |
[21:10] | I got this covered. | 我来处理这些 |
[21:15] | Yeah.Yeah,I’m still here. | 是的 我还在 |
[21:19] | Wait. What-what do you mean,he was processed? | 等等 你说他正被处理是什么意思? |
[21:27] | – Michael’s coming with me. – I can’t let you do that,Detective. | – Michael得跟我走 – 你不能那么做 警探 |
[21:30] | He’s a key witness in a homicide investigation.You don’t like it, | 他是谋杀案的重要证人 你不喜欢 |
[21:33] | call the cops. | 就给警察打电话 |
[21:35] | Hey,um,yeah,bad news. | 嘿 嗯… 坏消息 |
[21:38] | I-I got to work late again. | 我又得加班了 |
[21:41] | No. No,I’m fine,Dad. | 没有 我很好 爸爸 |
[21:43] | Okay.All right,we’ll do it another time. | 好吧 改下次吧 |
[21:47] | You,too. | 你也是 |
[22:12] | Hi,it’s Detective Rush from Homicide. | 你好 我是凶案组的Rush警探 |
[22:14] | Yeah,I’m going to need help,um,tracking a cell. | 我需要帮助… 追踪一个电话 |
[22:51] | Lilly,one more step and I’d have blown your head off. | Lilly 你再走一步我可能就爆你头了 |
[22:53] | Nice to see you,too,Saccardo. | 见到你我也很高兴 Saccardo |
[23:03] | You got nothing to eat? | 你没吃的? |
[23:05] | I’m in deep. | 我忙着呢 |
[23:07] | Don’t usually entertain. | 没工夫享受 |
[23:11] | Well,I think for a stalker,you could at least offer me something to drink. | 为了我这个追踪者 至少你该提供点饮料吧 |
[23:15] | Well,it took you long enough to trace those photos. | 你花了太久追踪那些照片 |
[23:18] | Well… | 是啊… |
[23:21] | I’m a cop in my spare time. | 我业余时间也是个警察 |
[23:27] | I guess you missed me. | 我猜你是想我了 |
[23:29] | Not really. | 也不尽然 |
[23:34] | But when I heard they let Major Scumbag walk on bail… | 但当我听说那个卑鄙小人被保释后… |
[23:39] | I know. | 我知道 |
[23:41] | – I don’t really need you to… – Watch out for you? | – 事实上我并不需要你来… – 留心你? |
[23:44] | Just want to make sure I got something to look forward to when I surface. | 只想确保我出来后能有值得期待的 |
[23:53] | We really gotta stop meeting like this. | 我们应该停止这种见面了 |
[24:03] | Where is he now? | 他现在哪? |
[24:04] | Probably trying to get the boot off his car. | 可能正想办法把他车的行李箱换掉 |
[24:07] | Does that make you feel better? | 那样想你会好受一些? |
[24:10] | – It’s a Band-Aid.- So what’re you going to do? | – 不过是稍感安慰而已 – 那你打算怎么做呢? |
[24:12] | What would you do? | 你会怎么做呢? |
[24:14] | Situation like mine. | 像我这样的情况 |
[24:17] | A guy like this? | 和那样的家伙? |
[24:20] | We’ll figure something out. | 我们会有办法的 |
[24:24] | Seriously,though. | 不过 说真的 |
[24:26] | I’m starving. | 我饿坏了 |
[24:28] | Well,let’s go get some eggs. | 我们去吃鸡蛋吧 |
[24:34] | said I wanted a burger. | 说了我要汉堡 |
[24:36] | It’s breakfast. | 现在是早餐时间 |
[24:37] | – What’s it going to cost me? – I told you I wouldn’t let them take you back to Havenhurst. | – 我要付多少代价? – 跟你说了 我不会再让你重回Havenhurst |
[24:41] | Kept my word,right? Do me a favor.Eat the eggs. | 我信守了承诺 对吗? 帮个忙 吃你的鸡蛋吧 |
[24:50] | After Alex died,you got transferred out.How’d that happen? | Alex死后 你就被转移 怎么会那样? |
[24:54] | See,you hustling me this whole time. | 瞧 你一直就在套我的话 |
[24:55] | You contacted me,remember? I’m seeing it through.You gotta trust me. | 是你联系的我 记得吗? 我会查到底 你得相信我 |
[24:59] | – Alex trusted you. – Yeah,you’re right. | – Alex相信过你 – 对 你说的对 |
[25:01] | And I let him down. | 我让他失望了 |
[25:04] | Alex… deserved better. | Alex…应该得到更好的对待 |
[25:12] | Night Alex died… | Alex死的那晚… |
[25:14] | he swore he was going to get me out of Havenhurst. | 他发誓将把我弄出Havenhurst去 |
[25:18] | – He was trying to save me. – Save you,from what? | – 他试着救我 – 救你 为什么要救你? |
[25:21] | They took me out of my room after lights out. | 他们在熄灯后把我带出了房间 |
[25:25] | I thought they was going to kill me. | 我以为他们想杀了我 |
[25:27] | All right. Give me the names of the kids. | 好了 告诉我那些孩子的名字 |
[25:29] | Wasn’t the kids I was afraid of. | 让我害怕的不是孩子 |
[25:39] | Get off! Now! | 停下! 就现在! |
[25:41] | Back to your room,Alex.Ain’t none of your concern. | 回你的房间去 Alex 不该操心的事就别操心 |
[25:43] | I look out for him.Supposed to be your job. | 我在操心他 这本该是你的职责 |
[25:45] | My job is keeping you in line. Little punk’s a thief. | 我的职责是管好你们 这个小混混是贼 |
[25:48] | – This about your damn keys? – It’s about something he took from the director’s office. | – 就因为你那该死的钥匙? – 是关于他从主任办公室偷走的东西 |
[25:50] | A very expensive pen. | 一支很贵重的笔 |
[25:52] | I-I didn’t do it,Alex. I swear. | 我-我没有拿过 Alex 我发誓 |
[25:54] | Gold. Fancy.Says “Jurisprudence” on it. I took it. | 金质高档的 上面写着”法学”的 我拿走的 |
[25:57] | – Get him down to the infirmary! – I want to stay with you. | – 把他带去楼下的医务室! – 我要和你在一起 |
[25:59] | Get him out of here. | 把他带出去 |
[26:01] | You’re going to give me that pen,Alex. | 你把那支笔给我 Alex |
[26:02] | Or what,Ms. Myers?’Cause I’m done giving in. | 否则怎样 Myers女士? 我再也不想委曲求全了 |
[26:05] | We’ll see about that. | 我们走着瞧 |
[26:11] | Laticia made every day hell for me. | Laticia让我每天都活在地狱 |
[26:14] | Then she turned on Alex. | 之后她就开始针对Alex |
[26:16] | Think she hurt Alex? | 觉得是她伤害了Alex? |
[26:17] | Alex gone,ain’t he? | Alex死了 不是吗? |
[26:20] | Laticia’s still there. | Laticia却还在那里 |
[26:25] | Still don’t know why he stood up for me like that. | 还是没搞明白为啥他那样维护我 |
[26:28] | Well,maybe… | 或许… |
[26:29] | he was doing for you what no one ever did for him. | 他为你做了从没有人为他做的事 |
[26:38] | Thanks,Detective Valens. | 谢谢 Valens警探 |
[26:39] | Yeah,what for? | 谢我什么? |
[26:43] | The eggs. | 这些鸡蛋 |
[26:49] | I just got off the phone with JDC. | 我刚接到感化中心打来的电话 |
[26:50] | One of your detectives kidnapped a juvenile offender last night. | 昨晚你手下一个警探绑架了个少年犯 |
[26:53] | Is that so? | 是那样的嘛? |
[26:54] | This ends now. | 这一切立马停止 |
[26:56] | You’re ordering me to back off an open homicide investigation. | 你在命令我撤出一件 正在进行中的凶杀案调查 |
[27:01] | Maybe you’re unaware,since you’ve never worked an active squad in your life, | 或许你没察觉 因为你一生中从没 在一个积极进取的团队中工作 |
[27:05] | but deputy commissioners don’t get personally involved in casesunless there’s something to hide. | 但副局长不会把自己牵扯进案件 除非有事隐瞒 |
[27:15] | Budget cuts are a bitch,huh? | 预算削减糟透了 哈? |
[27:19] | Manpower shortages everywhere. | 到处都人力不足 |
[27:23] | Except here,John,in Homicide. | 除了这里 John 这个凶案组 |
[27:28] | There’s an opening on the midnight shift,East Detectives. | 夜班那里有个名额空缺 东区刑侦组 |
[27:32] | Going to need you to sacrifice one of your guys. | 需要抽调你们中的一个 |
[27:34] | Not going to happen. | 不可能发生的 |
[27:36] | You pick.Or I will. | 你来选 要不就我来 |
[27:41] | I gotta tell ya,Havenhurst employment records are a mess. | 我告诉你 Havenhurst的雇员记录一团糟 |
[27:45] | Took us days find your file. | 花了我们好几天找到你的档案 |
[27:47] | Sure glad we did.Looks like you applied to the police academy same time you applied to Havenhurst. | 很高兴找到了 看来你申请去Havenhurst同时 也申请了警校 |
[27:54] | Wanted to wear a badge? Carry a gun? | 想佩警徽? 携带手枪? |
[27:56] | I was looking to serve. | 我那时正寻求公职 |
[27:57] | ‘Cause you’re from Third and Diamond,right?Tough street. | 因为你来自三钻街区对吧? 野蛮暴力的街道 |
[28:01] | Whole neighborhood’s tough. | 整个街区都充斥暴力 |
[28:02] | Said you grew up with boys like the ones at Havenhurst. | 写着你和Havenhurst里那样的男孩一起成长 |
[28:05] | Did you mean the Hernandez brothers? | 你指的是Hernandez兄弟吗? |
[28:10] | Every cop in the 26th has arrested one of those dirtbags at some time or another. | 每一个26分局的警察都时不时抓过那些混蛋 |
[28:14] | Look back far enough in their records,your name comes up as a complainant. | 再往前查他们的记录 你的名字出现在原告栏里 |
[28:19] | – So? – They attacked you,Laticia. | – 那又如何? – 他们伤害过你 Laticia |
[28:22] | They dragged you into their house.Kept you there for hours. | 他们把你强拉到他们的屋子 扣留了你好几个小时 |
[28:25] | – You were 12. – I survived. | – 你那时只有12岁 – 我活下来了 |
[28:28] | Must’ve affected you. | 那事一定影响到你了 |
[28:29] | Being trapped. | 陷入绝境 |
[28:31] | Surrounded by those animals. | 四周都是那些禽兽 |
[28:33] | That’s why you wanted to be a cop. | 那就是你想当警察的原因 |
[28:35] | But you got turned down. | 但你被拒绝了 |
[28:38] | Said I was unfit. | 说我不合适 |
[28:40] | For psychological reasons. | 因为心理上的原因 |
[28:43] | Didn’t seem to be an issue at Havenhurst. | 但在Havenhurst这不是问题 |
[28:47] | You pitted those boys against each other. | 你让那些男孩彼此争斗 |
[28:49] | I didn’t have a problem with Alex. | 我和Alex之间没有问题 |
[28:50] | It was Michael who pissed you off. | 惹毛你的是Michael |
[28:53] | But Alex stood up to you,the night he died. | 但是Alex死的那晚和你争了起来 |
[28:55] | I told him to go back to his room. | 我告诉他回他自己房间 |
[28:57] | He cornered me,you understand? | 他逼我的 你明白了吗? |
[28:59] | You weren’t a counselor anymore. | 你当时不再是个辅导员 |
[29:01] | You were that little girl from Third and Diamond. | 你变回那个来自于三钻街区的小女孩 |
[29:04] | He wouldn’t back down! | 他不肯退让! |
[29:07] | Back off,Alex! | 后退 Alex! |
[29:08] | – Or what? Don’t got your posse now – I’m warning you! | – 不又怎样? 现在又没有你的跟班 – 我警告你! |
[29:11] | Nothing you could do to me ain’t already been done. | 你能对我做的不是都已经做了 |
[29:13] | You hear me?Got one more chance. | 你听到我说的了吗? 最后一次机会 |
[29:16] | Not going to hurt Michael ever again! | 再也不许伤害 Michael! |
[29:23] | – What the hell you doing? – She got those kids beating Michael. | – 你到底在干嘛? – 她让那些孩子揍Michael |
[29:25] | I don’t care.You don’t put hands on the staff,Alex. | 我不在乎 你不要碰教职员 Alex |
[29:27] | Screw you.Pretend to be one of us,you’re as bad as her. | 去你的 平时装成我们的人 你和她一样坏 |
[29:31] | – You going back to your room. – Man,you ain’t my dad. | – 回你的房间去 – 老兄 你可不是我爸 |
[29:33] | Can’t even take care of your own kid. | 连你自己孩子都照顾不好 |
[29:40] | Should’ve seen Jimmy dragging Alex back to his room. | 应该看着Jimmy把Alex拽回他房间 |
[29:45] | Last time I saw the kid alive. | 那是最后一次我看见那孩子活着 |
[29:48] | I thought Jimmy wasn’t authorized to be in the dorm. | 我认为Jimmy无权进入宿舍 |
[29:51] | He did handyman work off the books.Got him a key. | 他不看书都能做手工活 自己搞了一把钥匙 |
[29:54] | Didn’t report any of this? | 从没上报过这些事? |
[29:56] | Would’ve thanked him if I had the chance. | 如有机会 我还要谢谢他 |
[29:58] | What do mean?Where’d he go? | 什么意思? 他去了哪? |
[30:00] | Disappeared after that night. | 那晚之后就消失了 |
[30:02] | – Out sick for a week. – There’s no record of that. | – 因病离开了一个星期 – 没有此项纪录 |
[30:05] | Told you.Those kids were animals.Jimmy knew it.Did us all a favor. | 告诉过你 那些孩子都是野兽 Jimmy认识到这一点 帮了我们大家的忙 |
[30:12] | Think it’s time for a new profession,Laticia. | 是时候去考虑换个职业了 Laticia |
[30:20] | YOU ARE DISAPPOINTING ME,JIMMY. | 你让我失望了Jimmy |
[30:23] | The way you were talking the other day,I started to believe. | 那天你说了那些话 让我开始相信你 |
[30:26] | Teaching those boys self-respect through carpentry. | 教育那些孩子通过做木工活学会自重 |
[30:29] | Just like Jesus. | 就像圣人一样 |
[30:31] | Here’s a fun fact from your past. | 这里有一些关于你过去的有趣情况 |
[30:33] | Night you beatthat guy in A.C.,your three-year-old son was in the car. | 在大西洋城你揍人那晚 你3岁大儿子就在车里 |
[30:38] | Cops pull you over,he’s in the back. | 警察让停车到路边 他当时在后排 |
[30:40] | They take your kid,put him in the system. | 他们带走了你的孩子 送他去收养家庭 |
[30:42] | Get out of lockup,go straight to Havenhurst. | 从监狱出来 直接去了Havenhurst |
[30:45] | Just trying to make amends. | 都为了从头来过 |
[30:46] | Be a positive influence on all kind of kids.As long as it wasn’t your own. | 成为所有孩子的正面榜样 只要不是你自己的孩子 |
[30:52] | When was the last time you saw your k,Jimmy? | 你最后一次见你的孩子是几时 Jimmy? |
[30:54] | You don’t know nothing about it! | 你们根本一无所知! |
[30:56] | Record keeping at Havenhurst is a mess.Couldn’t find your timecards. | Havenhurst的记录一团糟 找不到你的考勤卡 |
[31:00] | But your old boss at the hardware store keeps everything. | 但你以前工作过的五金店老板保留了一切 |
[31:04] | You were late the night Alex died. | Alex死的那晚你迟到了 |
[31:07] | Got an eyeball witness ready to testify you got violent with him. | 有一个目击证人准备作证 那晚你暴力袭击过他 |
[31:10] | Puts you in his room the night he was killed. | 他被杀那晚你进过他的房间 |
[31:13] | I know what Laticia think. | 我知道Laticia是怎么想的 |
[31:15] | But I was trying to keep Alex from flushing his future away. | 但我当时是在阻止Alex毁掉他的人生 |
[31:19] | He was way ahead of me,though. | 他做得过火了 |
[31:24] | You a damn fool! | 你个该死的笨蛋! |
[31:25] | Attacking counselors? | 袭击辅导员? |
[31:27] | That’s a one-way ticket upstate. | 那是通往北部监狱的单程票 |
[31:29] | I’m the only one willing to fight. | 我是唯一一个愿意去战斗的 |
[31:31] | A fight you’ll lose! | 一场注定会输的战斗! |
[31:35] | You afraid of them,ain’t you? | 你害怕他们 不是吗? |
[31:38] | I’m not saying don’t push. | 我说的不是不要反抗 |
[31:40] | I’m saying you gotta handle it different. | 我说的是你要换种方式处理 |
[31:42] | Educate me,my man. | 说给我听听 老兄 |
[31:45] | You’re playing the game with every disadvantage. | 你在这一战局里处处吃亏 |
[31:48] | They outman you!They outgun you! | 他们人数比你多! 力量比你大! |
[31:51] | You got one weapon.You hear? One!Your mind. | 你还有件武器 你知道吗? 唯一的 你的头脑 |
[32:03] | It’s like what you said about the… | 就像你说的那样… |
[32:06] | the window to Ray-Ray. | 对Ray-Ray说的那扇窗户 |
[32:09] | You can’t force it open. | 你没法用强打开它 |
[32:13] | You gotta finesse it. | 你得用点策略 |
[32:27] | “Jurisprudence”? | “法学”? |
[32:29] | What’s that? | 是什么? |
[32:30] | System we all live under. | 我们所身处的系统 |
[32:32] | An-And it’s broken. I get it now.That’s why they keep Michael here. | 已经被破坏了 我明白了 为什么他们要把Michael留在这 |
[32:36] | Nobody ever gets transferred out.Ever notice that? | 从没人被转移出去过 有没注意到? |
[32:38] | Sick kids,psychos.Nobody. | 生病的孩子 精神病 没人能出去 |
[32:40] | ***Always. | 所有人都被愚弄了 一直是这样 |
[32:43] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[32:45] | Need you to do me a favor.Get this to Detective Scotty Valens. | 帮我个忙 把这个给Scotty Valens警探 |
[32:47] | A cop?Hey,whoa,whoa. What’s going on? | 警探?嘿 噢 噢 怎么了? |
[32:50] | Tell him to hold on to it,please,Jimmy. | 求你了 Jimmy 告诉他拿着这个 |
[32:54] | Trust me? | 你信我吗? |
[32:56] | All right. | 好吧 |
[32:58] | Need one more favor. | 还要帮我个忙 |
[33:00] | Let me use the phone. | 让我用下电话 |
[33:07] | Main office was the only place to make a call. | 主办公室是唯一能打电话的地方 |
[33:11] | I left the door open for him on my way out. | 我出去时 没关门 |
[33:14] | Know who he was going to call? | 知道他打给谁吗? |
[33:15] | I didn’t ask. | 我没问 |
[33:17] | He said he needed me to trust him. | 他说需要我信任他 |
[33:19] | I did. | 我信他 |
[33:21] | What about the pen? | 那笔呢? |
[33:23] | You do anything with it? | 你怎么处理了? |
[33:25] | Alex was dead. | Alex死了 |
[33:27] | My prints was all over his room. | 他房里满是我的指纹 |
[33:32] | Waited in my place for a week for the cops to come. | 在我家等警察来询问 等了一周 |
[33:36] | Never showed. | 没人出现 |
[33:38] | You still got that pen,Jimmy? | 你还留着那笔吗Jimmy? |
[33:45] | I checked the Havenhurst phone records the night Alex died, | 我查了一下Alex死的那晚 Havenhurst的电话记录 |
[33:48] | and a call was made at half past midnight to the private residence of Harold Alvarez. | 有通电话是在半夜打给Harold Alvarez 私人住所 |
[33:54] | Judge Hang ’em High Harry? | 是说追命索Harry法官? |
[33:56] | Just told the boss,and he says the judge and Deputy Commissioner Doherty are golf buddies. | 刚告诉头 他说法官和副局长Doherty 是高尔夫球友 |
[34:02] | Explains why Doherty’s been breathing down our necks.He’s protecting the judge. | 这就解释了Doherty干嘛把我们逼这么紧 他在保护法官 |
[34:07] | So why did Alex need to call the judge? | 那Alex为什么要跟法官打电话呢? |
[34:11] | Been searching the word “jurisprudence” and I still can’t figure out what Alex was saying to me with this pen. | 查了下 “法学” 我还是想不出 Alex给我这支笔是什么意思 |
[34:21] | Check out the judge,too. | 还要去查查法官 |
[34:27] | Look,cross-checked the judge’s name with “jurisprudence.” | 把法官名字和”法学”一起查 |
[34:32] | Look what comes up. | 看会出现什么 |
[34:39] | Hey,Judge. | 嗨 法官 |
[34:41] | I found this at Havenhurst a little while ago. Figured you’d want it back. | 不久前我在Havenhurst找到了这个 我想你肯定想要回去 |
[34:45] | I’ve toured that facility a few times.I must have left it there.Thank you. | 教养院我去了几次 也许落那了 谢谢 |
[34:49] | “Jurisprudence”–it means “justice,” right? | “法学”–是”正义”的意思 是吗? |
[34:53] | It’s also a luxury ski cabin in Utah.You own it with your sister-in-law. | 还是犹他州的一处豪华滑雪小屋 归你和你小姨子所有 |
[34:58] | If you don’t mind,I’m running late. | 如果你不介意的话 我想要回 |
[34:59] | Your sister-in-law’s an entrepreneur. | 你的小姨子是位企业家 |
[35:01] | She owns nursing homes,juvenile centers–Havenhurst,for one. | 她拥有疗养院 少管所 Havenhurst就是其中一所 |
[35:08] | So the state pays Havenhurst for every kid sent there. | 每个送到Havenhurst的孩子 州政府都付了钱 |
[35:12] | Havenhurst is owned by your sister-in-law. | Havenhurst归你小姨子所有 |
[35:15] | – She pays you… – You will reconsider what you’re saying | – 她付给你… – 如果你的警徽对你意义重大 |
[35:18] | if that badge means anything at all to you. | 那你就要好好想想你的话了 |
[35:20] | It’s incentive for strict sentencing,a reason to block transfers,like Michael Rodgers. | 这就是严格断案 阻扰转移的动机 就像Michael Rodgers |
[35:25] | Accusing me of judicial misconduct? | 你要控告我贪赃枉法? |
[35:27] | No… that’s for the Justice Department to sort out.I’m accusing you of murder. | 不…那是司法部的事 我要控告你谋杀 |
[35:32] | Alex Caceres. | |
[35:35] | I didn’t kill that boy. | 我没杀那男孩 |
[35:36] | No,you’re the type of guy,has other people do the deed. | 是没有 你是那种命令别人为你做的人 |
[35:42] | Give me a name. | 给我个名字 |
[35:43] | I got records that put you and Alex on the phone the night he died. | 我有记录显示Alex死当晚 和你通过电话 |
[35:51] | I’ll give you two minutes to tell me who killed Alex. | 我给你2分钟告诉我谁杀了Alex |
[36:02] | The day of Alex’s hearing,I was late. | Alex听证会那天 我迟到了 |
[36:05] | Should have been there.But it didn’t matter,did it? | 我应该在那 但是这无关紧要 不是吗? |
[36:09] | I could have been early,you still would have sent Alex away | 就算我来早了 你还是会把Alex送走 |
[36:13] | just to make a buck. | 就是为了赚几个钱 |
[36:15] | You know what? Screw it.Turn around,Judge,I’m locking you up. | 知道吗? 见鬼去吧 转过身 法官 我要把你拷起来 |
[36:17] | Wait,wait. | 等等 等等 |
[36:20] | The boy had my attention. | 那孩子引起了我的注意 |
[36:34] | – Hello. – How do you sleep at night? | – 你好 – 你晚上怎能睡得着? |
[36:38] | Who is this? | 你是谁? |
[36:40] | Sent me to Havenhurst for a joyride.Lot of other kids here for less. | 就因为想兜风 所以把我送到Havenhurst 这里其他孩子犯的错更轻 |
[36:44] | Son,if you know what’s good for you,you’ll hang up this phone now. | 小子 如果你知道怎么做才是对你好 就该马上挂掉电话 |
[36:49] | I know what “Jurisprudence” is.Even a delinquent can use the Internet. | 我知道”法学”是什么 就算是流氓也可以上网 |
[36:53] | That’s why you send us here– for a fancy house? | 那就是你送我们到这的原因– 为了一套豪宅? |
[36:56] | Those are some very serious accusations. | 这是很严重的控诉了 |
[37:00] | Get away with it ’cause everyone listens to you. | 你能逍遥法外是因为大家都听你的 |
[37:03] | But not us. | 但我们可不 |
[37:05] | What do you want from me,kid? | 你想要什么 小子? |
[37:08] | Get my friend Michael Rodgers transferred tonight, | 今晚把我的朋友MichaelRodgers转出去 |
[37:13] | or I’ll call the 11:00 news. | 不然我就给11点晚间新闻打电话 |
[37:16] | ***Don’t you? | 你敢不听我的试试看? |
[37:18] | What are you doing,Alex? | 你在干什么Alex? |
[37:20] | Hey,get off me.Give me the phone now. | 嘿 放开我 把电话给我 |
[37:25] | It was supposed to be a good facility. | 那本应该是间很好的教养院 |
[37:28] | Nobody should have gotten hurt. | 不应该有人受伤 |
[37:31] | Who took the phone from Alex? | 谁把Alex的电话抢走了? |
[37:35] | Who was it? | 是谁? |
[37:39] | You’re the secret to Havenhurst’s success. | 你是Havenhurst成功的秘诀 |
[37:44] | You come early,stay late. | 你来得早 走得晚 |
[37:46] | You’re there weekends,holidays. | 周末在 假期也在 |
[37:49] | My work is my passion. | 我对工作充满热情 |
[37:51] | The problem is your passion is a business. | 问题是你的热情只是桩买卖 |
[37:55] | We found this in your apartment when we searched it. | 我们搜查你公寓时发现这个 |
[38:00] | You searched my apartment? | 你们搜查我的公寓? |
[38:01] | Yeah,that’s you at Judge Alvarez’s ski house.You go every year. | 这是你在Alvarez法官的滑雪小屋前照的 你每年都去 |
[38:06] | Yeah,they’re,they’re business trips. | 是啊 都是出公差 |
[38:07] | That’s not how the judge put it. | 法官可不是这么说的 |
[38:10] | He ain’t going to jail for you.I mean,that’s for sure. | 他可不会为你坐牢 这是肯定的 |
[38:14] | You meant well,Evan, | 你本意是好的 Evan |
[38:16] | till you started hanging with the big dogs,seeing what money could buy. | 直到你和那些大人物交往后 知道钱的作用 |
[38:23] | I’m not interested in money. | 我对钱不感兴趣 |
[38:25] | Yeah,if that was true,you’d have put up a fight every time the judge’s family cut your budget | 如果真这样 你就不会每当法官家族 削减你预算时 |
[38:30] | or stuck you with bad staff or too many kids. | 或塞给你一些坏员工或太多孩子时 就去飞过去一次 |
[38:32] | I tried. | 我试过了 |
[38:33] | Nobody would listen. | 没人会听 |
[38:39] | We…we searched your office,too,Evan. | 我们也搜查了你的办公室Evan |
[38:42] | Yeah,thing about Luminol– | 有种东西叫发光胺– |
[38:45] | no matter how long the blood’s been there, | 不管血迹留在那里多久 |
[38:47] | no matter how hard you try to scrub it out… | 不管你多努力想要擦去它… |
[38:51] | …we’re going to find it. | …我们都会找出来 |
[38:54] | You killed Alex there, | 你在那杀了Alex |
[38:58] | dragged him to his room. | 把他拖到自己房 |
[39:06] | I was trying to reason with him. | 我试着劝他 |
[39:08] | He wanted Michael transferred. | 他想把Michael转出去 |
[39:11] | I was going to do it.I did. | 我是准备这样做的 我把他转出去了 |
[39:14] | Afterwards,out of guilt. | 是事后 出于内疚心理 |
[39:17] | Yeah,but that night all you could see was Havenhurst,your passion,in jeopardy. | 但那晚 你只看到了Havenhurst 你的热情 都处于危险中 |
[39:28] | Please just… | 请别… |
[39:37] | …let me tell you what happened. | …让我告诉你怎么回事 |
[39:43] | What is the matter with you,Alex?! | 你怎么回事 Alex?! |
[39:45] | YOU***COME with me | 你有什么问题 直接找我 |
[39:47] | Your thug Laticia tried to kill Michael tonight. | 你觉得Laticia今晚要杀Michael |
[39:49] | He shouldn’t even be here; he’s a little kid. | 他根本就不该在这 他还是个小孩子 |
[39:51] | Okay,okay.If Laticia did something wrong,we’ll talk to her about it. | 好 好 如果Laticia做错了 我们会跟她说的 |
[39:55] | If this isn’t the right fit for Michael,we’ll address tt. | 如果这不适合Michael 我们会提出来的 |
[39:58] | We can work all of this out.Sit down. | 我们都可以解决的 坐下 |
[40:00] | It’s beyond circle time,man. | 别再兜圈子了 伙计 |
[40:02] | You want to work it out,pick up that phone and call the judge– he’s the boss. | 你想解决 拿起电话 打给法官 -他是老板 |
[40:05] | – I run Havenhurst. – If you’re in charge,why don’t you fix the problems? | – 我掌管Havenhurst – 如果归你管 那你怎么不解决问题? |
[40:08] | Too many kids getting screwed over,not just Michael. | 太多孩子被人欺负 不光是Michael |
[40:11] | Damn,why don’t you do something about it?! | 见鬼的 你怎么就无动于衷?! |
[40:13] | Do you know how hard I work to keep this place going? | 你知道为了维持经营这里 我有多辛苦吗? |
[40:17] | Enough to get you there,right? | 足够你到那去了 是吗? |
[40:19] | Jurisprudence,my ass. | “法学” 见他妈的鬼去吧 |
[40:20] | You’re just like the judge– in it to get paid. | 你跟法官是一路货–抓人进来就有报酬 |
[40:23] | That is completely out of line. | 这话太过份了 |
[40:25] | We can talk about this,Alex.What are you doing? | 我们可以谈的 Alex你在干什么? |
[40:28] | Give me the number for Channel 2 news. | 告诉我2台新闻频道的号码 |
[40:30] | Damn it,Alex.You put that phone down. | 见鬼 Alex把电话放下 |
[40:32] | – You want to talk?Talk to the cameras. – Put the phone down! | – 你想谈?对着镜头谈吧 – 把电话放下! |
[40:34] | ‘Cause you’re going down with the rest of ’em. | 你和他们都见鬼去吧! |
[40:35] | I said listen to me! | 我说了听我说! |
[40:42] | Quiet!Just be quiet! | 安静!安静下来! |
[40:49] | Shut up.Shut up. Let me think. | 闭嘴 闭嘴 让我想想 |
[40:58] | Just let me think. | 让我想想 |
[41:22] | * Well,you’d better listen,my sisters and brothers * | |
[41:26] | * ‘Cause if you do,you can hear * | |
[41:29] | * There are voices * | |
[41:31] | * Still callin’ across the years * | |
[41:35] | * And they’re all cryin’ across the ocean * | |
[41:39] | * And they’re cryin’ across the land * | |
[41:43] | * And they will till we all come to understand * | |
[41:49] | * None of us are free * | |
[41:57] | * One of us is chained,none of us are free * | |
[42:03] | * And there are people * | |
[42:04] | * Still in darkness * | |
[42:06] | * And they just can’t see the light * | |
[42:09] | * If you don’t say it’s wrong * | |
[42:12] | * Then that says it’s right * | |
[42:16] | * We got to try to feel for each other * | |
[42:19] | * Let our brothers know that we care * | |
[42:23] | * Got to get the message * | |
[42:25] | * Send it out loud and clear * | |
[42:29] | * None of us are free * | |
[42:37] | * One of us is chained * | |
[42:39] | * None of us are free * | |
[42:42] | * It’s a simple truth we all need * | |
[42:46] | * Just to hear and to see * | |
[42:49] | * None of us are free * | |
[42:50] | * One of us is chained * * Oh,Lord * | |
[42:52] | * None of us are free * | |
[42:56] | * Now,I swear your salvation * | |
[43:00] | * Isn’t too hard to find * | |
[43:03] | * None of us can find it * | |
[43:06] | * On our own * | |
[43:10] | * We’ve got to join together * | |
[43:13] | * In spirit,heart and mind * | |
[43:16] | * So that every soul who’s suffering will know * | |
[43:21] | * That we’re not alone * | |
[43:23] | * Whoa… none of us are free * | |
[43:26] | * None of us are free * | |
[43:31] | * One of us is chained,none of us are free. * |