时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | the following story is fictional and does not depict any actual person or event | 故事纯属虚构 并无影射任何真人真事 |
[00:04] | ******** | 匹兹堡郊区 1963年11月1日 |
[00:18] | Aw,come on. Of all the shots you leave me with; cross side. | 拜托 怎么偏偏你给我留了个边球 |
[00:21] | I’m screwed. | 我完蛋了 |
[00:23] | You know,so-called experts stroll in here, | 那些在这闲逛的所谓专家说什么 |
[00:26] | “Hey,angle this,angle that.” Blah,blah,blah. | “从这个角打 从那个角打”什么什么的 |
[00:29] | You know what pool is most of the time? | 知道大部分时间打台球靠什么吗? |
[00:32] | Luck. | 运气 |
[00:34] | And I definitely don’t have it! | 显然我没有! |
[00:36] | Thanks a lot,cue ball. I don’t need to win. | 多谢了 主球 我别想赢了 |
[00:38] | Why don’t you lay smack next to the eight there? | 你干嘛不打旁边的8号球一下呢? |
[00:42] | Right where you want him,Duke. | 正在你想要的位置 公爵 |
[00:51] | Would you look at that?Boy,oh,boy. | 你看见了吗? 伙计 |
[00:53] | Bartender,couple shots of Jack for me and the hustler over here. | 酒保 给我和那边的赌客来几杯杰克丹尼 |
[00:57] | Come on. Let’s roll again. | 来吧 再来一局 |
[00:59] | What do you say,$75? | 75美金 怎么样? |
[01:05] | $150 for the rack? | 150块一局? |
[01:06] | $150? Oh,I don’t know. | 150? 我不知道 |
[01:09] | All right,forget it. | 那好吧 算了 |
[01:11] | You know what? Why not? | 你猜怎么着? 为什么不呢? |
[01:12] | I’m feeling lucky,like you said. | 像你说的 我觉得正走运 |
[01:15] | Oh,by the way, | 对了 |
[01:17] | let me introduce myself. I’m the Duke. | 自我介绍一下 我是”公爵” |
[01:25] | I know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 |
[01:30] | So many to choose from. | 有这么多选择 |
[01:32] | Corner. | 角球 |
[01:36] | Side. | 边球 |
[01:39] | What the hell,cross bank? | 管它呢 灌球? |
[01:44] | I am just so damn lucky. | 我真他妈走运 |
[01:46] | By the way,Duke, | 对了 “公爵” |
[01:48] | my name’s Patrick Lennox. | 我叫Patrick Lennox |
[01:50] | And you can tell all the other yuks in Mayberry that they gotta come see the Rifle. | 你可以告诉梅伯里其他的球手 让他们来见见”来复枪” |
[01:54] | Shoots fast,never misses. | 出手迅速 弹无虚发 |
[01:59] | Think you’re top dog at the table,do you? | 你觉得你是球桌上的头号王牌 是吗? |
[02:01] | Yes,ma’am,I do. | 是的 女士 |
[02:02] | The great Baltimore Red’s got nothing on me. | 最棒的”巴尔的摩红人”也拿我没辙 |
[02:05] | I’d get going,I was you. | 我要是你 就马上走 |
[02:10] | My friends,I bid you adieu. | 后会有期 我的朋友 |
[02:24] | As we told you a moment ago, | 我们刚才报道过 |
[02:26] | President Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas,Texas today. | 今天肯尼迪总统在德克萨斯州达拉斯遇刺 |
[02:31] | He was shot in Dallas at 12:25 | 12点25分 他在达拉斯被枪击 |
[02:35] | as his car proceed through the crowded streets of Dallas. | 当时他的车队正缓缓通过 达拉斯拥挤的街道 |
[02:40] | From John John to his father: a last salute. | 小约翰向他的父亲致以最后的敬礼 |
[02:55] | Gamblers with sticks, | 拿着球棍的赌徒 |
[02:56] | it’s a dangerous combination. | 真是危险的组合 |
[02:59] | New owner’s got evidence on a Patrick Lennox, | 新老板有Patrick Lennox案的线索 |
[03:01] | a pool hustler,killed the same day as Kennedy. | 是个台球赌徒 跟肯尼迪死于同一天 |
[03:04] | Lennox was known as “The Rifle.”Cut down before getting his picture on Whitey’s wall of fame. | Lennox被人叫做”来复枪” 在上Whitey的名人墙前就被杀了 |
[03:09] | Gonna see your mug up here,Boss? | 会在这看到你的照片吗 头儿? |
[03:11] | Don’t I wish.Fats,Wimpy Lassiter…Back in the day, | 不是我不想 “胖子” “醉汉Lassiter”… 那个年代 |
[03:14] | Whitey’s was famous for pool,gambling,and police raids. | Whitey因台球 赌博和警察搜查而闻名 |
[03:18] | Who’s that? | 那是谁? |
[03:20] | It’s Baltimore Red. | 他是”巴尔的摩红人” |
[03:21] | Any of ’em have real names? | 他们都没有真名吗? |
[03:23] | Legend was he’d run 15 racks in Hoboken,then do it in Skokie a day later. | 传说他在霍博肯连赢15场 第二天又去斯科基连赢15场 |
[03:28] | Nobody knew where he was from,who he was. Real mystery man. | 没人知道他从哪来 他是谁 很神秘的男人 |
[03:31] | They say Lennox was supposed to play him right here at Whitey’s night before he died, | 据说Lennox死前那晚 应该在这里Whitey和他比一场的 |
[03:35] | but neither of ’em showed. | 但他们两个都没有出现 |
[03:37] | Scotty,Lil,Tom Puckett. | Scotty, Lil 他是Tom Puckett |
[03:38] | He’s bringing Whitey’s back to life. | 他让Whitey重见天日 |
[03:40] | Open next week.That’s,of course,if my liquor license comes through… | 下周开业 当然 如果我的酒类经营证批下来的话… |
[03:43] | Let’s see what you got first,buddy. | 先让我们看看你有什么料 伙计 |
[03:45] | Found it shoved way back in a cue holder | 我发现这个塞在一个球棍箱里 |
[03:47] | When I saw the date on the newspaper it was wrapped in,I figured… | 我看到报纸上的日期 我想… |
[03:51] | .32 snub nose. | 大口径的短管转轮手枪 点32口径 |
[03:53] | Excuse me for a second. | 抱歉离开一下 |
[03:54] | ME report says this “Rifle” was killed with a.32.One shot. | 尸检报告说”来复枪”是被一把点32杀死的 开了一枪 |
[03:58] | Got a spent casing. | 弹夹少了子弹 |
[04:00] | Fired once. | 开过一次 |
[04:02] | “Kennedy Shot In Dallas,November 22,1963.” | “肯尼迪在达拉斯遇刺 1963年11月22日” |
[04:06] | Papers ran five or six extra editions the day of the assassination. | 遇刺那天报纸都出了五六个特别版 |
[04:09] | This one went out at 3:00 p.m. | 这个是下午3点出的 |
[04:11] | It matches up.ME listed time of death approximately 2:00 P.M. | 与案件相符 尸检说死亡时间大约是下午2点 |
[04:15] | He was killed in Chestnut Hill. | 他在栗山被杀 |
[04:17] | What’s a pool hustler doing over in la-di-da land? | 这个台球赌客在高档社区做什么? |
[04:20] | There’s nothing in the file. | 档案里没说 |
[04:21] | Why’s no one say squat about it for 40 years? | 为什么40年来都没人提供线索? |
[04:24] | Hustlers and cops,Scotty.Not exactly bosom buddies. | 赌客和警察 Scotty 不怎么亲近 |
[04:27] | Maybe the Rifle hustled the wrong shark? | 也许”来复枪”选错了恶棍赌博? |
[04:29] | And it earned him a bullet. | |
[05:00] | COLD CASE Season 6 Episode 21 | 铁证悬案 |
[05:04] | Patrick Lennox. Early 30s. No next of kin. | Patrick Lennox 30出头 没有亲人 |
[05:07] | Gunshot wound to the back. | 枪伤在背部 |
[05:09] | It was a.32 caliber round recovered. | 是把点32转轮手枪 |
[05:11] | Ballistics says body bullet matches the revolver from Whitey’s. | 弹道组说死者身上的子弹 和在Whitey找到的手枪一致 |
[05:14] | Got our murder weapon. | 这就是凶器了 |
[05:15] | And surprise,surprise– no registered owner on the gun. | 真是惊讶–这枪没有注册过 |
[05:18] | I’ll contact the manufacturer. Maybe they know who the dealer was. | 我联系下厂家 也许他们知道零售商是谁 |
[05:21] | A motel key in Lennox’s pocket led assigned to the Broad Street Motel. | 从Lennox的口袋里找到的钥匙 是百老汇大街汽车旅馆的 |
[05:25] | Manager ID’d him from the registries. | 经理查了登记簿上的身份证明 |
[05:27] | No address listed. | 没有住址 |
[05:30] | Bunch of train ticket stubs on him: | 在他身上还发现了几张火车票根 |
[05:32] | Detroit… Pittsburgh… Trenton. | 底特律… 匹兹堡… 特伦顿 |
[05:36] | All about a month apart. | 互相相隔大概一个月 |
[05:37] | Arrives in Philly November 1. | 11月1日抵达费城 |
[05:39] | Gets a match with this Baltimore Red on the 21st. | 在21号和巴尔的摩红人相约比赛 |
[05:42] | Supposed to happen at Whitey’s,but neither of ’em shows. | 本应在Whitey比赛 但两人都未出现 |
[05:44] | Body found 14 hours later in Chestnut Hill. | 14小时后 尸体在栗山被发现 |
[05:47] | Police canvassed the neighborhood.There were no witnesses. | 警察访问了那附近的住客 没有目击者 |
[05:50] | It was broad daylight. No one sees nothing? | 光天化日之下 居然没人看见? |
[05:52] | Half hour after Kennedy’s shot? | 在肯尼迪被枪击后半小时? |
[05:53] | Everybody was glued to their TVs. | 每个人都在关注电视播报 |
[05:56] | In three gunshots,the ’60s begun. | 60年代就始于那三声枪响 |
[05:58] | I was playing touch football at recess. | 那时是课间 我在打触身式橄榄球 |
[06:02] | Recess? | 课间? |
[06:04] | Thought you were,like,45 when that happened. | 我还以为那时你已经45岁了呢 |
[06:07] | You’re thinking of when Lincoln was shot. | 那是林肯被刺的时候 |
[06:10] | Keep it up.See what happens. | 继续编吧 看还能编出什么来 |
[06:13] | Boss was right. | 头儿是对的 |
[06:14] | Whitey’s was the raid capital of Philly back in the day. | Whitey那时真是费城警方抽查的重点 |
[06:17] | Lennox was busted there for bookmaking November 3,1963. | Lennox在1963年11月3日因为收受赌注 在那里被逮捕 |
[06:21] | Couple weeks before he was murdered. | 就在他遇害前几个星期 |
[06:22] | Could be related. | 也许和案子有关系 |
[06:24] | Check this out. | 看看这个 |
[06:25] | Clerk listed a local guy,John Norwood,bailing him out. | 警员记录说是个本地人 John Norwood保他出去的 |
[06:28] | Puckett says this Norwood guy was a fixture at Whitey’s in the day; he coached younger players. | Puckett说这个Norwood在那时 是Whitey的常客 他指导新球手 |
[06:32] | We get a line on him? | 我们有他的消息吗? |
[06:34] | Living it up at Green Acres Retirement. | 在绿田养老院了此残生 |
[06:36] | Vera and Minnesota Skinny are on their way to see him now. | Vera和”明尼苏达瘦子”去找他了 |
[06:44] | John Norwood? | |
[06:46] | Sure am. Who’s asking? | 是我 你是? |
[06:48] | Philly Homicide. | 费城凶杀组 |
[06:50] | You hung out at Whitey’s in ’63? | 你63年在Whitey玩吗? |
[06:52] | In ’64, | 还有64年 |
[06:53] | ’65,’66. Place was a goldmine. | 65 66年 那地方是个金矿 |
[06:56] | How about Patrick Lennox? | 那Patrick Lennox怎么样? |
[06:58] | Lennox? | |
[06:59] | Never heard of him. | 从没听过这个人 |
[07:00] | You got a habit of bailing guys out of jail you never heard of? | 你有保释你陌生人的习惯? |
[07:04] | Oh,that guy. | 哦 他啊 |
[07:06] | I bailed him out,sure. | 我保他出来 是啊 |
[07:08] | Kid had the mortal nuts. | 那孩子对台球非常狂热 |
[07:10] | A great stick with no fear. | 打得一手好球 又无所畏惧 |
[07:12] | But his game was flawed.Shame he got killed. | 不过他的比赛技巧仍有瑕疵 他被杀了真是可惜 |
[07:15] | What can you tell us about that? | 关于这个你能提供什么线索吗? |
[07:17] | Nothing,really. It was a long time ago. | 真的没什么 那是很久以前的事了 |
[07:19] | Well,maybe you can remember where you were when JFK got shot? | 也许你还记得肯尼迪遇刺时你在哪? |
[07:22] | Am I a suspect in that,too? | 我也是那件案子的疑犯吗? |
[07:25] | Ain’t decided yet. | 说不定呢 |
[07:26] | Look,I was at Whitey’s watching Cronkite all day. | 听着 那整天我都在Whitey 看Cronkite(新闻主播)的报道呢 |
[07:30] | Give you names,you don’t believe me. | 你要是不相信 我有证人的 |
[07:31] | After you bailed Lennox out,you straighten his game out,too? | 你保Lennox出狱之后 还指导了他的球技? |
[07:34] | No,that kid was more trouble than he was worth. | 没有 那孩子惹的麻烦比他赚的钱多 |
[07:47] | You see Red,you tell him the Rifle’s in town. | 你要是遇见了”红人” 就跟他说”来复枪”在城里 |
[07:52] | ******** | 1963年11月5日 |
[07:53] | See how you got your nickname. | 看出你的绰号是怎么来的了 |
[07:55] | But you bring that crap to Baltimore Red, | 不过你打得这么烂 去找”巴尔的摩红人” |
[07:58] | he’ll knock you all over the felt. | 他会把你打得得落花流水 |
[08:00] | You talking to me…Doctor? | 你是在跟我说话吗…”博士”? |
[08:03] | I’s looking at you,ain’t I? | 我不是正看着你吗? |
[08:05] | You know Red? | 你认识”红人”? |
[08:06] | That ain’t the point. | 这不重要 |
[08:08] | He strolls in,you better be ready. | 他要是来了 你最好做足准备 |
[08:09] | He’s the one who better be ready. | 该做好准备的是他 |
[08:11] | You don’t have the game to back the hustle. | 你还没有和赌客比赛的实力 |
[08:13] | You’re gonna get your ass kicked,and I don’t mean in the abstract. | 你会被打得屁股开花 我不是打比方 |
[08:16] | You’re the guy who’s been watching me shoot. | 你一直在看我打球 |
[08:19] | Your name Norwood? | 你叫Norwood? |
[08:20] | I like “Doctor” better. | 我更喜欢”博士”这个名字 |
[08:22] | You bailed me out. | 你保释我出狱的 |
[08:25] | Look at the table. | 看这球桌 |
[08:26] | What’s your third shot? | 你的第三杆是什么? |
[08:29] | Can’t even answer that,huh? You gotta think bigger. | 连这个都说不出来 嗯? 你得多思考 |
[08:33] | You know what happens when you see your third shot? | 知道当你能预见到第三击时 会怎样吗? |
[08:35] | I don’t care,you bag of wind. | 我不在乎 你光会嘴上功夫 |
[08:37] | I’ll get there when I get there. | 我打到那就知道怎么打了 |
[08:42] | You stubborn bastard.Stop drinking like a boiled owl and clean out your ears. | 你这死脑筋的蠢货 别再喝得烂醉了 清醒一下吧 |
[09:01] | The only thing that kid left me with was a nickname: | 那孩子留给我的唯一东西就是个绰号 |
[09:04] | “Doctor.” | “博士” |
[09:05] | Who’s the guy that turned Lennox into a ghost? | 那个让Lennox闻风而逃的人是谁? |
[09:07] | “Monkey” Mack. | “猴子” Mack |
[09:08] | Why was Lennox running from him? | Lennox为什么要躲着他? |
[09:10] | They were partners years before in Philly. | 他们几年前在费城是搭档 |
[09:13] | Story was they hustled the wrong stakehorse for a chunk of change. | 据说他们赌马输了一大笔钱 |
[09:18] | And after that,Lennox left town? | 在那以后 Lennox离开了? |
[09:20] | Left the stakehorse with two arms to break instead of four. | 让他一人承担了所有的债 |
[09:24] | Where’s Miller with the gun? | Miller拿着枪去哪了? |
[09:25] | Manufacturer sold it to a traveling gun show. | 生产商把枪卖给一个流动枪展商 |
[09:28] | Still in business.She’s checking to see who bought it. | 那个枪展现在还有 她去调查看是谁买了那把枪 |
[09:31] | – ***** – Thanks,Lenny. | – 这是你的 – 谢了 Lenny |
[09:33] | Can’t be a harder find than this “Baltimore Red.” | 总比找到”巴尔的摩红人”容易 |
[09:36] | You check Baltimore? | 你要查巴尔的摩? |
[09:38] | Yeah,good idea. | 对啊 真是好主意 |
[09:41] | Nobody uses that alias in Baltimore or anywhere else. | 无论在巴尔的摩还是其他地方 都没人会用这种化名了 |
[09:44] | How ’bout a little hoagie with that Tabasco sauce? | 豆腐三明治加上塔巴斯科辣椒味道咋样? |
[09:48] | Better than that bologna situation you got going on. | 总比你的大红肠好 |
[09:50] | Least mine’s got taste. | 至少我这个味道不错 |
[09:52] | Not that you would know. Inhale the whole damn thing anyway. | 你怎么知道 你都是整个一口吞下的 |
[09:54] | All right,all right. | 好的 好的 |
[09:56] | That Monkey Max,a real tool: | 那个叫Mac猴子的 是个不折不扣的混球 |
[09:58] | burglary,assault,you name it. | 入室行窃 打架 恶习累累 |
[10:00] | Sounds like a regular dumpster fire. | 听上去不好惹啊 |
[10:02] | Gets better.Genius was busted with a.32 three times. | 现在好多了 他被抓了三次 用的都是点32手枪 |
[10:06] | – Where’s he now? – Same place he spent half his natural life. | – 他现在哪儿? – 当然是他待了大半辈子的地方 |
[10:18] | A name like “Monkey,” life behind bars, | 给自己取名”猴子” 关在栅栏后面 |
[10:21] | kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy,ain’t it? | 你给自己取化名还真有预见性啊? |
[10:23] | Heard ’em all before. | 你说的我早听过了 |
[10:25] | Not from Philly Homicide. | 至少没从费城凶杀组的口里听过 |
[10:27] | Understand you had a score to settle with Patrick Lennox,November ’63. | 1963年11月 你去找Patrick Lennox算账了吧 |
[10:31] | Been settling scores my whole life. | 我这辈子都在找人算账 |
[10:33] | One with Lennox ended with a.32,your weapon of choice. | 和Lennox的帐最后以点32手枪收场了吧 这可是你的惯用武器 |
[10:37] | Patrick ditched Philly after some dame broke his heart. | 有人射穿了Patrick的心脏 他横尸费城 |
[10:40] | The punks that he screwed over– they took it out on me. | 他的债主 后来还找上了我 |
[10:44] | Got any names? | 知道姓名吗? |
[10:45] | Yeah,Jagoff One and Jagoff Two. | 当然 一号混球和二号混球 |
[10:49] | Hoping they’re both dead by now. | 衷心希望他们已经上了西天 |
[10:51] | Remember where you were when Kennedy got shot? | Kennedy总统遇刺时 还记得你在哪里吗? |
[10:53] | Praying to a porcelain god, | 向万能的主祈祷 |
[10:55] | hung over like a sheet on a clothesline. | 就像挂在晾衣绳上的床单一样 |
[10:57] | Not much of an alibi. | 这个不在场证明有点弱嘛 |
[10:59] | You heard Lennox was back in town.What happened when you found him? | 听说Lennox回来了 当年你找到他时发生了什么? |
[11:02] | Offered me a few shots of Beam,spotted me five on a rack. | 他请我喝酒 打一局赢了我5分 |
[11:05] | It’s water under the bridge. | 我们重归于好 |
[11:06] | Besides,I wasn’t the only one looking for him. | 再说了 找他的不只我一个人 |
[11:10] | ******** | 1963年 11月7日 |
[11:12] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[11:14] | To the jerk who swore he’d never be back. | 敬你这个发誓永不回来的混蛋 |
[11:16] | I heard Red was here last week. | 我听说红人上星期来这里了 |
[11:18] | Baltimore Red?Yeah,right. | 巴尔的摩红人? 真的啊 |
[11:21] | Think he’s ever going to play you? | 你以为他会和你比赛? |
[11:23] | I’m tracking him down.Prove I ain’t like these other pool bums. | 我会赢他的 证明我和别的废物不一样 |
[11:26] | Always got to be the best. | 你总是要当第一 |
[11:28] | Thought this was a “bad luck” town. | 我还以为这里是”噩运之城”呢 |
[11:29] | Yeah. When I beat him, | 没错 当我打赢了他 |
[11:31] | I ain’t going to have to sweat a measly 20 thou anymore. | 我再也不用为那区区2万块发愁了 |
[11:34] | Still dodging that debt? | 还想着那笔债呢? |
[11:37] | Rumor is Red only runs two grand a game. | 据说和红人比赛 每局赌注是2千美元 |
[11:40] | You know what? I’ll make that up in no time. | 知道吗? 我很快就能赚到 |
[11:42] | Ain’t you heard? I’m the Rifle. | 你没有听说吗? 我可是”来复枪” |
[11:47] | No,no.Sorry,little miss. No kids allowed. | 不 不 对不起 小姑娘 这里不许小孩进来 |
[11:50] | Kid? I look older than you,buddy. | 小孩? 我看上去可比你年纪大 伙计 |
[11:53] | Out. | 出去 |
[11:54] | But I’m here to see my dad. | 我来这里找我爸爸 |
[11:55] | Oh,yeah? Which one of these princes is your dad? | 是吗? 这些王子里哪个是你爸爸? |
[12:00] | Him. | 他 |
[12:02] | What? Sorry. Me? | 什么? 不好意思 我吗? |
[12:05] | So,what,you have a… You got a screw loose,kid? | 你是不是…是不是神经错乱了 孩子? |
[12:08] | You’re Patrick Lennox,ain’t you? | 你是Patrick Lennox 不是吗? |
[12:11] | I’m Hill.Hillary Rhodes. | 我叫Hill, Hillary Rhodes |
[12:14] | Rhodes? | |
[12:17] | That’s Sandra. | 是Sandra |
[12:19] | Here are the letters you wrote her. | 这些是你写给她的信 |
[12:26] | Knocked her up right before you guys took a drive to splitsville. | 在你去当兵之前她怀孕了 |
[12:29] | Found them few months before she died. | 她去世前几个月我才找到这些 |
[12:32] | – She’s dead? – Six months ago. | – 她死了? – 6个月前 |
[12:35] | She never told you about me? | 她从来没和你提起过我? |
[12:38] | This really is a bad luck town. | 果然是个噩运之城啊 |
[12:44] | Sandra. The gift that kept on giving. | Sandra 真是惊喜不断啊 |
[12:48] | Lennox take her in? | Lennox收留了她? |
[12:50] | Saw him shooting a week later. | 一周后我看他在打球 |
[12:51] | Kid was still hanging on his sleeve. | 那孩子还是跟在他屁股后面 |
[12:54] | Well,sit tight,Monkey. Might be back. | 好好呆着 猴子 我们也许还会来找你 |
[12:57] | Well,Lennox comes back to find Baltimore Red,but Hillary finds him first. | Lennox回来找巴尔的摩红人 但是Hillary先找到了他 |
[13:01] | Two weeks later,he’s dead. | 两周之后 他就死了 |
[13:03] | Maybe his bad luck had nothing to do with pool. | 也许他的噩运和桌球无关 |
[13:12] | Not many people know Patrick was my dad. | 不是很多人知道Patrick是我父亲 |
[13:16] | He teach you to play? | 他教会你打球的? |
[13:18] | Laid a foundation,I guess. | 只是教了点基本功 |
[13:20] | Dads are tricky.What they leave us with. | 父亲们总是狡诈多端 这就是他们留给我们的印象 |
[13:23] | Take what you can get,right? | 知足者常乐 不是吗? |
[13:25] | Still…Best two weeks of my life. | 不过…那是我一生中最开心的两周 |
[13:28] | You were with him the day he died? | 他死那天你和他在一起吗? |
[13:29] | The night before,until he left the motel.I waited for him to come back. | 我和他呆到他死前那晚 然后他离开旅馆 我在那里等他回来 |
[13:33] | But he never did. | 但他再也没有回来 |
[13:34] | So I went looking for him. | 于是我出去找他 |
[13:39] | He was shot as he took part in a motorcade. | 当时他的车队正载他去达拉斯 |
[13:43] | which was driving him to the Dallas… | 他中枪了… |
[13:45] | The word we have is that he is dead. | 现在我们所知的是 他死了 |
[13:49] | He was shot by an assassin | 在Elm和Houston大街的交叉路口 |
[13:51] | at the intersection of Elm and Houston Street. | 他被刺杀了 |
[13:56] | Sounds dumb. | 听上去很傻 |
[13:59] | I thought they were all crying for my dad. | 我当时以为他们都是为我爸爸而哭的 |
[14:02] | You know where he was headed? | 你知道他要去哪里吗? |
[14:03] | Heard a couple days later he had a match with Baltimore Red. | 我听他说过 几天后他和巴尔的摩红人有场比赛 |
[14:06] | The match go down? | 比赛打了吗? |
[14:07] | Don’t know.Split soon as the cops started sniffing around our room. | 不知道 警察开始搜查房间时我就跑路了 |
[14:10] | Anyone else you can think of might have been angry at your dad? | 你能想到还有谁对你爸爸不满的吗? |
[14:13] | Guys he owed money to,maybe? | 或者是借他钱的男人们? |
[14:15] | Not guys. | 应该不是男人 |
[14:16] | Was the opposite sex who wanted his head on a platter. | 是女人想要他的人头 |
[14:20] | ***** | 1963年 11月11日 |
[14:21] | I like this hotel.Can we stay here? | 我喜欢这个旅馆 我们能住这里吗? |
[14:23] | Motel.Don’t get used to it. | 这里是汽车旅馆 别习惯住这里 |
[14:24] | Too late. | 太迟了 |
[14:26] | You’re only here till I get a run at Red. | 你只能呆到我和红人比赛为止 |
[14:28] | And then I’m gone.And you’re on your own. | 然后我就要走了 你就得靠你自己了 |
[14:31] | You’ve been saying that every five minutes since I got here. | 这话你自从我来 就每5分钟说一遍 |
[14:33] | Admit it: you like me. | 你承认吧 你喜欢我 |
[14:36] | What I like is that a hustler sees you and thinks I’m some sap ham-and-egger, | 我只是喜欢我的对手看到你 以为我是个菜鸟 |
[14:41] | lets his guard down. | 对我无所防备 |
[14:42] | So where’s my cut? | 我的分成呢? |
[14:43] | Cut? | 分成? |
[14:46] | All you did was yell at me,”You stink,Dad!” | 你不过是冲我喊”你真臭 爸爸!” |
[14:49] | And besides,I still need 400 bucks before I can play Red. | 再说了 我要和红人比赛 还差400美金 |
[14:55] | Going to need me to get it. | 你要赚钱还是得用到我 |
[15:04] | Five bucks? | 5块钱? |
[15:06] | I would do cartwheels if someone gave me five bucks at your age. | 像你这么大时 谁给我5块钱 我就乐得都翻跟斗了 |
[15:13] | You sticky-finger this at the five-and-dime? | 你在廉价商店顺手牵羊了? |
[15:15] | So? | 那又怎么样? |
[15:17] | Well… stealing is bad. | 嗯…偷窃是不好的 |
[15:24] | Pittsburgh’s a drag. | 匹兹堡真无聊 |
[15:26] | Next time we got to land a mark ain’t such a chatterbox like The Duke… | 下次可别再找像公爵那样的话唠下手… |
[15:31] | Who’s the brat? | 这小鬼是谁啊? |
[15:32] | His daughter. Who’s the tramp? | 是他的女儿 这婊子是谁啊? |
[15:34] | Daughter? | 女儿? |
[15:36] | You buy that for her,Patrick? | 你还给她买东西了 Patrick? |
[15:39] | No,she stole it. | 不是 是她偷的 |
[15:42] | Don’t lie,Daddy.You got it at Wanamaker’s after you won today. | 别骗人了 爸爸 这是今天你赢了以后 在沃纳梅克给我买的呀 |
[15:46] | – Give me that. – Don’t pick on the kid. | – 把它给我 – 别和孩子抢 |
[15:48] | – Give it back. – It’s mine. | – 还给她 – 这是我的 |
[15:49] | I sat on a Greyhound for six hours. | 我为了你坐了6小时长途车过来 |
[15:51] | Thought you had a lead on Red. | 以为你找到红人的下落了 |
[15:52] | This isn’t Pittsburgh,Blondie. | 这里不是匹兹堡 Blondie |
[15:54] | Your good looks are not going to distract a shooter like Red. | 你的美貌吸引不了红人这种球手 |
[15:57] | And neither will a scamp kid. | 一个小屁孩也不行 |
[16:05] | She was mean. | 她很刻薄 |
[16:07] | Ready to take me out over a two-dollar trinket. | 为了不值钱的小饰品 就要把我吃了 |
[16:10] | Catch a name? | 知道名字吗? |
[16:12] | Sharon something.He called her “Blondie,” mostly. | Sharon啥的 我爸爸一般叫她”Blondie” |
[16:16] | She was a poor man’s Marilyn Monroe,fake mole and everything. | 她是穷鬼的玛丽莲梦露 痣是假的 别的也是假的 |
[16:19] | – He ever see her again? – Don’t know. | – 他有再见过她吗? – 不知道 |
[16:21] | But if she did that to me, | 但是她对我都那样了 |
[16:22] | I can only imagine what she would’ve done to my dad for cutting her out. | 我能想象如果我爸爸踢她出局她会怎么做 |
[16:33] | Not bad. | 好棋嘛 |
[16:37] | We got this case. | 我们在办一件案子 |
[16:40] | A guy was killed practically the same time as Kennedy. | 有个人和肯尼迪总统同时被杀 |
[16:43] | I was 19. | 那时我才19岁 |
[16:45] | Remember it like it was yesterday. | 想起来还像是昨天的事情 |
[16:48] | Where were you? | 那时你在哪里? |
[16:49] | On a construction site. | 在建筑工地 |
[16:51] | Then there was Ruby and the funeral. | 然后就是抓住了Ruby还有葬礼 (杀死肯尼迪的凶手) |
[16:54] | Thought the world was ending. | 以为世界末日到了 |
[16:59] | Hello? | 喂? |
[17:03] | Uh,yeah. | 对 |
[17:05] | Hour or so. | 可能一个多小时吧 |
[17:07] | Okay.Bye-bye. | 好的 拜拜 |
[17:12] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[17:16] | They don’t know about me? | 他们不知道我的事? |
[17:18] | My family? | 你说我家里人? |
[17:19] | They do. Just not,uh… | 他们知道 只是不是很… |
[17:23] | It’s complicated. | 很复杂的 |
[17:25] | Complicated?Right. | 很复杂? 没错 |
[17:28] | Lilly,listen. | Lilly 听我说 |
[17:30] | I got to go. | 我得走了 |
[17:32] | Lilly! | |
[17:35] | Lilly! | |
[17:40] | Baltimore Red. Wimpy Lassiter. The Rifle. | 巴尔的摩红人 醉汉Lassiter 来复枪 |
[17:43] | Ridiculous. | 真可笑 |
[17:44] | Every banger I tracked had some kind of nickname,too. | 我追查的家伙也都有绰号 |
[17:47] | This one,Snoopy. | 这个叫Snoopy |
[17:49] | Searched every doghouse,outhouse…Guess where I found him? | 查遍了每个狗窝小楼 你猜猜我在哪里找到他的? |
[17:52] | On-line dating? | 在线约会? |
[17:54] | Dude was pumping gas next to me,big old Snoopy medallion around his neck. | 在我旁边加油的家伙 戴了个旧Snoopy项圈 |
[17:58] | I’m beginning to wonder if this Baltimore Red really exists. | 我都怀疑是否真有叫巴尔的摩红人的家伙 |
[18:01] | Like hunting down Godot. | 就像是在追查戈多 (<等待戈多> 现代派戏剧 戈多永远不会出现) |
[18:03] | Who? | 谁? |
[18:04] | Guess that one passed you by.It’s a play. | 可能是刚走过你身边的那个 我是说戏剧 |
[18:06] | Since when did you start reading plays? | 你什么时候开始看戏剧了? |
[18:09] | Since Ms. Kipplebottom told me I’d never amount to anything if I didn’t ace my final exam. | 自从Kipplebottom女士告诉我如不能 在期末考试中得满分 我将一事无成 |
[18:13] | Served you well.Since the police test is chock-full of theater questions. | 对你有好处 警察考试中全是戏剧考题 |
[18:18] | Miller,got something for you. | Miller 有东西给你看 |
[18:20] | A traveling gun dealer faxed you a name. | 一个流动枪贩传真来一个名字 |
[18:23] | Larry Sidorski. | |
[18:24] | Bought his.32 at a show in Maryland in ’61. | 在61年马里兰展会上买了那把点32的枪 |
[18:27] | Couldn’t be our doer,though.Talked with his ex. | 不可能是嫌犯 我和他前妻谈过了 |
[18:29] | He was on a ship for the Merchant Marines when Kennedy was shot. | Kennedy被杀时 他正在一艘商船上 |
[18:32] | So it was stolen or he gave it to someone. | 那么说枪被偷了或他把它给了某人 |
[18:34] | Well,I’ll hit up ATF and Staties in Maryland,help track him down. | 我会联系美国烟酒火器管理局及马里兰政府 请他们帮忙追查 |
[18:37] | You guys talk to any Sharons while you were out? | 你们出外勤时和叫Sharon的谈过话吗? |
[18:40] | Rush is looking for the poor man’s Marilyn,mole and all. | Rush在找那个可怜男人的梦露 痣是假的 身上都是假的 |
[18:51] | Sharon Lertola. | |
[18:52] | Picked up in a raid ten days before the murder. | 谋杀发生10天前的一次搜捕中被抓获 |
[18:59] | Do you rember November 22,1963? | 还记得1963年11月22日吗? |
[19:02] | I can barely rember my orders from this morning. | 我几乎连今早的事都不记得了 |
[19:05] | Day Kennedy was shot. | Kennedy被射杀那天 |
[19:09] | I went to a picture. | 我想起来了 |
[19:11] | It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World. | 当时真是个超级疯狂的世界 |
[19:13] | And the usher came in halfway through and made the announcement. | 引座员中途进来宣告了声明 |
[19:17] | You hustle your way into that theater? | 你居然一路骗进了戏院? |
[19:19] | No. | 不 |
[19:20] | I’d given that up by then. | 当时我已洗手不干了 |
[19:22] | So why’d you show up at Patrick’s motel room two weeks earlier? | 2周前你为何出现在Patrick的旅馆房间? |
[19:25] | Well,we were still road agents at the time. | 我们那时还是骗局搭档 |
[19:29] | I would get the men to ante up, | 我让男人们乖乖拿出钱 |
[19:30] | and Patrick would take them down.And then we’d meet up in another town | Patrick会收拾他们 然后我们在下一座城里碰面 |
[19:33] | if Patrick found action. | 如果Patrick顺利的话 |
[19:36] | Good honest living. | 活的真够坦荡的 |
[19:37] | We saw the world the same way. | 我们对世界的看法一致 |
[19:39] | One big joke on all of life’s pigeons. | 一个放了所有人鸽子的大笑话 |
[19:43] | It made us great partners while it lasted. | 它让我们成为很棒的搭档 |
[19:46] | – Two of you romantic? – Oh,no. Strictly business. | – 你们俩有一腿吗? – 不 绝对是合作伙伴关系 |
[19:49] | Patrick was top dog at the table. | Patrick是球桌上的头号王牌 |
[19:52] | I wanted to cash in as long I could. | 我只想尽可能捞一笔 |
[19:54] | So why’d you trade it in? | 那么你为什么不干了呢? |
[19:55] | Eh,lifestyle gets old.So I quit. | 生活方式落伍了 所以我退了 |
[19:58] | Way we heard it,Lennox was the one cutting you out. | 我们听到的说法 是Lennox踢你出局 |
[20:02] | Who told you that,his kid? | 谁告诉你的 他的孩子? |
[20:04] | I know I’d be pissed,I got bumped like that. | 我知道我遇到那种事 我会很生气 |
[20:07] | Best thing that ever happened to me,splitting from that two-bit. | 发生在我身上最好的事 就是离开那个烂人 |
[20:10] | – How so?- Patrick always said that Philly was a bad-luck town. | – 怎么回事? – Patrick总说费城是噩运之城 |
[20:15] | Truth is,it was Patrick who was bad luck. | 事实是 Patrick才是噩运缠身 |
[20:18] | ******** | 1963年 11月 14日 |
[20:36] | Could have ran it if you cornered me few shots back. | 如果你再逼我几杆或许还能打下去 |
[20:41] | That’s my whole bank. | 那是我所有的票子 |
[20:43] | Now it’s my bank. | 现在是我的了 |
[20:45] | I like your style,Mr. Rifle. | 我喜欢你的腔调 来复枪先生 |
[21:00] | Check his heel. | 查一下他鞋后跟 |
[21:07] | Three bucks?That’s all you got? | 3美元? 你就只有这么点? |
[21:13] | Life of the hustle catches up with everyone sooner or later. | 赌徒生活总会带来噩运 迟早的事 |
[21:18] | – Who was the thug? – Ben… Scavo. | – 那个暴徒是谁? |
[21:21] | But I don’t know who his flunky was. | 但我不知道谁是他的走狗 |
[21:23] | He the guy Patrick owed 20 grand to? | Patrick就是欠了他2万? |
[21:26] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[21:27] | But I do know Patrick wasn’t the first one he’d wiped the floor with. | 但我知道Patrick不是第一个 被他暴扁的人 |
[21:32] | Found Ben Scavo,the thug who took down Lennox. | 找到Ben Scavo了 那个收拾Lennox的暴徒 |
[21:35] | Boxer over at Mason’s Gym. | 在Mason健身房做拳师 |
[21:36] | Stroked out five years ago,but look at this. | 五年前失了业 但是看这里 |
[21:39] | Scavo’s ring name was “Lightning.” | Scavo在桌球圈的绰号是”闪电” |
[21:41] | And that right there is Monkey Mack. | 右边这个就是猴子Mac |
[21:43] | Scavo’s cut man.Well,he’d sure as hell know where Lennox kept his stash. | Scavo的拳赛助手 他无疑知道Lennox钱藏在哪里 |
[21:47] | Sends “Lightning” after Lennox,retribution for the broken arms. | 给Lennox送去”闪电” 让他赔偿骨折的手臂 |
[21:50] | Problem is three bucks ain’t going to get a Monkey off your back. | 3美元不会让猴子从你的背上下来 |
[21:55] | Can’t stand prosperity,can you,Monkey? | 再也嚣张不起来了 是吗 猴子? |
[21:57] | About to make parole… | 关于假释的事… |
[21:58] | And you lie to us. | 你对我们撒谎了 |
[22:00] | What’re you talking about? I never lie. | 你们在说什么? 我从不撒谎 |
[22:03] | Said the last time you saw Lennox,things were all good. | 你说最后一次见Lennox 他还好好的 |
[22:05] | Left out the part how you set him up to be pummeled by your boy Scavo. | 漏了你设局让手下Scavo暴打他的部分 |
[22:08] | You didn’t ask about that. | 你们没有问关于这些 |
[22:10] | Don’t hustle us,Monkey. | 别耍我们 猴子 |
[22:12] | My life’s a hustle,Detective. | 我活着就为了骗人 警探 |
[22:15] | Cry me a river. | 你就哭吧 |
[22:16] | You send Scavo back in for the knockout when he only gets you three bucks? | 你请Scavo出马却只带回来3美元? |
[22:19] | I didn’t need to. | 我不需要那么做 |
[22:21] | I got paid in the end. | 最后我还是拿到了钱 |
[22:24] | ********* | 1963年 11月20日 |
[22:26] | It’s not enough for you getting busted up,but it’s gonna have to do. | 这还不够让你破产 不过也快了 |
[22:29] | I never want to see your face again. | 我再也不想看到你 |
[22:42] | Why do you play pool? | 你为什么打桌球? |
[22:46] | Well… there’s nothing more important than pool. | 呃… 没有什么事比桌球更重要了 |
[22:51] | What about swimming pools? | 那游泳池怎么样? |
[22:54] | I’ll tell you what,Hill. | 我这样告诉你 Hill |
[22:55] | When I beat Red,I’ll take you swimming in the biggest pool there is. | 当我打败了红人 我就带你去 最大的池子游泳 |
[22:58] | See,I told you you liked me. | 瞧 我说过你喜欢我 |
[23:03] | Are you scared when you play? | 你打球时害怕吗? |
[23:04] | Why you ask silly stuff like that? | 你为什么问这种傻问题? |
[23:06] | I know you got beat up,Dad. | 我知道你被揍了 爸爸 |
[23:09] | That’s no way to live. | 生活不应该这样 |
[23:12] | All’s you care about is beating this Baltimore Red guy? | 你就只关心打败那个巴尔的摩红人? |
[23:18] | You’re solids. | 你真单纯 |
[23:20] | What’s your third shot? | 你第三杆准备打哪? |
[23:24] | Know what happens when you find your third shot? | 知道当你清楚第三杆打哪后 会发生什么吗? |
[23:26] | You see your fourth,your fifth,your sixth,your seventh,and your eighth. | 你会预见到你的第四 第五 第六 第七 和第八杆 |
[23:34] | Four ball. | 4号球 |
[23:38] | That’d be my third shot. | 那会是我的第三杆 |
[23:44] | You know,I really loved your ma. | 你知道 我真的很爱你妈妈 |
[23:46] | I know. | 我知道 |
[23:49] | Last thing she said to me,letting you go was the worst mistake of her life. | 她最后和我说的就是 让你离开 是她一生中最大的错误 |
[24:04] | Why do you look over your shoulder like that? | 你干嘛要这样东张西望? |
[24:07] | And what is with this face–this…? | 还有脸是怎么回事–这种…? |
[24:12] | That’s what you do. | 你就是这个样子 |
[24:14] | Even when you win,you look like you’re mad as hell. | 就算赢了 你看起来仍然怒气冲冲 |
[24:24] | Why’d your ma name you Hill? | 你妈妈为什么叫你Hill? |
[24:26] | She won money off of Hill Gail in the Kentucky Derby couple weeks before she had me. | 她怀上我几周前 在肯塔基赛马会 赌一匹叫Hill Gail的马赢了钱 |
[24:31] | Said I was lucky.Lucky Hill. | 说我就是幸运儿 幸运的Hill |
[24:35] | That horse was a boy. | 那匹马是公的 |
[24:36] | She wanted a boy,okay? | 她就是想要男孩 好吗? |
[24:40] | You sure it was the Derby? | 你确定那是赛马会? |
[24:43] | Why? | 怎么了? |
[24:47] | Never mind. | 没什么 |
[24:49] | Take your shot. | 出杆吧 |
[24:53] | Seemed like a cool kid. | 看上去是个冷静的孩子 |
[24:55] | Even Whitey didn’t care if she hung around. | 就连Whitey那种地方也不在乎 她是否跟在周围 |
[24:57] | This technique he was teaching: third shot,looking ahead–that his thing? | 他教的技术 第三杆 多多思考 –是他自己的想法吗? |
[25:02] | He must have learned that somewhere. | 他一定从别处学的 |
[25:05] | Really picked up his game the last few weeks. | 在最后几周确实拯救了他的比赛 |
[25:07] | He working with anyone you knew about? | 你认识和他一起行骗的人吗? |
[25:09] | No. | 不 |
[25:10] | Only saw him with the kid. | 只看见他和那个孩子在一起 |
[25:12] | Acted like he didn’t give a rat’s ass, | 装出一副他根本不在乎的样子 |
[25:15] | but she really got to him. | 但她已经打动他了 |
[25:18] | Hello,Doctor. | 你好 博士 |
[25:19] | I was wondering if you could teach me one of those trick shots you mentioned. | 你是否能教我几招你提到过的技巧 |
[25:23] | It would be great to impress the crew. | 那会让别人都大吃一惊 |
[25:25] | I got one for you. | 我教你一招 |
[25:30] | This will make ’em flip. | 这会让他们疯狂的 |
[25:33] | Hit the cue right here,hard. | 打母球这里 用力 |
[25:35] | You’ll clear the table.Bend your knees. | 你就能清台 欢呼胜利了 |
[25:40] | Well,it takes practice. | 需要练习啊 |
[25:43] | What is it,three shots ahead? | 这是什么意思 多想三杆? |
[25:45] | Then you see your fourth,fifth,and sixth? | 那样你就能预见第四第五第六杆如何打? |
[25:48] | Figured this wasn’t just about pool. | 我就知道你来不单为请教台球 |
[25:52] | You coach Lennox. He beats Red. You get a cut. | 你指导Lennox 他赢了红人你就有提成 |
[25:55] | How did you convince him to take you on? | 你怎么说服他拉你入伙的? |
[25:57] | Didn’t.He came to me after losing to some house player. | 我没有 他输给某个业余选手后 自己找来的 |
[26:02] | His whole outlook was different. | 对他来说是醍醐灌顶 |
[26:04] | And you set the match up with Red? | 你安排了他和红人的比赛? |
[26:06] | No.Somebody contacted Patrick, | 没有 有人来联系Patrick |
[26:09] | said,”Be at Whitey’s. Red wants a match. | 说”留在Whitey 红人想和你比试一下” |
[26:12] | Two-grand stake.” | “赌注为2万美元” |
[26:13] | Who fronted the money? | 谁垫的钱? |
[26:15] | Don’t know.Don’t think Patrick did either. | 不知道 我觉得Patrick也不知道 |
[26:17] | Whole thing was a mystery. | 整件事都很神秘 |
[26:19] | Why did you lie about working with him? | 你之前为什么撒谎? |
[26:23] | My only job was to coach him. | 我要做的只是指导他 |
[26:26] | And I crossed the line. | 我却越界了 |
[26:28] | ******* | 没剩几个球了 轻击主球让它离开围栏 停在那两个球后面 1963年 11月 21日 |
[26:28] | Table’s slop.Tap the cue off the rail,jaw it behind the two. | 没剩几个球了 轻击主球让它离开围栏 停在那两个球后面 1963年 11月 21日 |
[26:32] | You don’t safety it,he’ll run you. | 不把它变成安全球 他就会打败你 |
[26:42] | Try it again. It ain’t easy. | 再试一次 这有点难 |
[26:50] | Everything good,Paddy? | 一切都还好吧 Paddy? |
[26:52] | Yeah.I was thinking about Red. | 我只是在想红人的事 |
[26:56] | Master the safeties,he won’t know what hit him. | 掌握了安全球 他就不知如何下手了 |
[27:04] | Match is at midnight,Paddy. Told you,no distractions. | 午夜比赛 Paddy 别分心 |
[27:06] | Hey,I thought we were gonna get some burgers. | 我们该去吃点东西了吧 |
[27:08] | Get lost,kid. | 闪一边去 孩子 |
[27:09] | Get lost,kid. You get lost. | 闪一边去 孩子 你才要闪一边 |
[27:11] | I mean it.Get out of here. | 我认真的 离开这儿 |
[27:14] | – But,Dad… – I’m done playing dad. | – 但是 爸爸… – 我不想再假扮父亲了 |
[27:16] | Leave me alone. | 别烦我 |
[27:29] | The look in that kid’s eyes. | 那孩子的眼神 |
[27:32] | It was me who told him– either the kid or the game. | 是我告诉他 孩子和比赛不可兼得 |
[27:36] | This was the afternoon of the match? | 那是比赛当天的下午? |
[27:38] | November 21st. | 11月21日 |
[27:41] | The last time I saw him. | 我最后一次见到他 |
[27:44] | Not a day goes by I wouldn’t give my right arm to have someone around who loves me as much as that kid loved him. | 如果有人像那孩子爱他那样爱我 我一天都不会让他走 |
[27:57] | Want to shoot a quick one? | 想来一局吗? |
[27:59] | Maybe another time,Doctor. | 改天吧 博士 |
[28:07] | – Finished it already? – Halfway. | – 已经看完了? – 看了一半 |
[28:09] | Liked it that much,huh? | 那么喜欢啊? |
[28:11] | If I was by a bush waiting for you or Nick,I’d just leave. | 如果我在树丛边等你或Nick 我宁愿走掉 |
[28:16] | You do know they’re waiting for God,right? | 你知道他们是在等上帝 对吧? |
[28:17] | Is that what Ms. Kipplebottom told you? | Kipplebottom女士告诉你的? |
[28:19] | Figured out why Lennox might have ditched the kid,and it had nothing to do with Norwood’s advice. | 我知道Lennox干嘛要赶走那孩子 和Norwood的建议一点关系都没 |
[28:25] | Kentucky Derby? | 肯德基赛马? |
[28:26] | Race Hill Gail won two weeks before Hillary was born. | 赛马Hill Gail的胜利日就在 Hillary出生前2周 |
[28:29] | Check the date. | 看看这个日子 |
[28:31] | May 3,1952. | 1952年5月3日 |
[28:33] | But Patrick left Philly for the Coast Guard in June of ’51. | 但Patrick离开费城参加海岸警卫队 是在51年6月 |
[28:37] | That’s an 11-month difference. | 两者间隔11个月 |
[28:40] | Kid wasn’t really his daughter. | 那不是他的女儿 |
[28:41] | No,Hillary Rhodes was more of a hustler than the Rifle himself. | 不是 比起来复枪 Hillary Rhodes更像个骗子 |
[28:47] | Got your birth certificate from Vital Records. | 从人口记录上查到了你的出生证明 |
[28:51] | Want to read that date to us? | 要不给我们念念上面的日期? |
[28:53] | May 18… | 5月18日… |
[28:57] | 1952. | 1952年 |
[28:58] | 11 months after Patrick Lennox entered the Coast Guard. | 是在Patrick Lennox加入海岸警卫队 11个月之后 |
[29:03] | Reason a lot of people don’t know he’s your father,Hillary: he isn’t. | 大家都不知道他是你父亲的原因: 因为他确实不是 |
[29:07] | – You working your own scam on him? – What? No. | – 是你一手策划了谎言骗他? – 什么? 不是 |
[29:09] | 11-year-old kid,someone put you up to it?Distract him before the big match? | 11岁的孩子 是有人强迫你吗? 让他在大赛前分心? |
[29:12] | I would never have done that. | 我不会那么做 |
[29:14] | You’d just lie about him being your dad. | 你撒谎说他是你父亲 |
[29:15] | – What aren’t you telling us,Hillary? – Nothing. I swear. | – 你还有什么没告诉我们 Hillary? – 没了 我发誓 |
[29:20] | I just wanted a father. | 我只是想要一个父亲 |
[29:23] | But he didn’t want me. | 但他不想要我 |
[29:26] | Lied to us once. | 你已经对我们撒过一次谎了 |
[29:27] | Please,what do you want from me? | 拜托 你们到底要我怎么样? |
[29:30] | – The truth. – I was gonna tell him. I was. | – 真相 – 我一直打算告诉他的 真的 |
[29:34] | When,huh? | 什么时候? |
[29:35] | Ten years from now? | 未来10年? |
[29:37] | That crap you fed me about your ma– she never said one word about it,did she? | 那些你妈妈说的屁话 她从来都没说过 对吧? |
[29:42] | Did she?! | 是不是?! |
[29:45] | No. | 是的 |
[29:58] | Yeah?Sure.I’m on my way. | 嗯? 当然 我马上到 |
[30:05] | It was the only way you’d stay with me. | 只有这样你才会和我在一起 |
[30:08] | Please don’t leave… | 求你别走… |
[30:10] | You don’t be here when I get back. | 我回来不想再看见你 |
[30:13] | Please. | 求你了 |
[30:15] | I got nowhere else to go. | 我无处可去 |
[30:36] | He drove away. | 他开车走了 |
[30:39] | I never saw him again. | 再也没见过他 |
[30:42] | – Who was that on the phone? – I don’t know. | – 谁打的电话? – 不知道 |
[30:47] | Dads are tricky. | 父亲们总是狡诈多端 |
[30:49] | What they leave us with. | 这就是他们留给我们的印象 |
[30:52] | Right,Detective Rush? | 对吧 Rush警探? |
[30:55] | Least I know why he did it. | 至少我清楚他为什么那样做 |
[31:01] | I drove him away. | 是我把他赶走的 |
[31:10] | You all right? | 你还好吗? |
[31:11] | I don’t need this. | 我不需要这个 |
[31:12] | Give it to someone else. | 给别人去吧 |
[31:14] | Lilly… | |
[31:17] | I’ve never been one for the spiritual mumbo-jumbo.Save it for one of your kids. | 我从来不相信这些精神偶像 留给你别的孩子去吧 |
[31:21] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[31:23] | I’m going to tell them,Lil.I’m not trying to hide anything. | 我会告诉他们的 Lil 我没想要隐瞒任何事 |
[31:25] | You think I care? | 你以为我在乎吗? |
[31:26] | I’m not asking you to throw some kind of reunion picnic. | 我可没祈求你施舍什么重聚野餐 |
[31:29] | Things don’t happen overnight. It takes time. | 事情不可能一步到位 要花时间 |
[31:31] | For what? | 为了什么? |
[31:33] | I’m not a mistake you have to hide. | 我不是你必须遮掩的错误 |
[31:34] | It’s not that simple. | 这事没那么简单 |
[31:37] | Forget it.You’re a good guy,and I wish you the best. | 算了吧 你是个好人 我祝福你 |
[31:42] | Don’t you just walk away now. | 别一走了之 |
[31:43] | – No,that’s your act,remember,Dad? – Oh,here we go. | – 不 那是你的风格 记得吗 爸爸? – 你又来了 |
[31:46] | You left me with her! | 你把我留给她了! |
[31:48] | You know what that was like? | 你知道那是什么感觉吗? |
[31:50] | You bet I do. | 我知道 |
[31:51] | Then why didn’t you take me with you? | 那你为什么不带我走? |
[31:53] | I did what I thought was best for everyone. | 我是为大家好 |
[31:55] | You did what was best for you. | 你是为你自己好 |
[31:57] | You give me some stupid medal. | 给我些见鬼的纪念章 |
[31:58] | Play a couple of games of chess. | 玩几盘象棋 |
[32:01] | – Give me a break. – Look,you came to me. | – 省省吧 – 听着 是你来找我的 |
[32:04] | You want to have a relationship?At some point we got to put this behind us. | 你想建立一种固定关系? 那就得不计前嫌 |
[32:07] | If this is how you want to do it–your head in the sand,no,thanks. | 如果这就是你想要的 你是在逃避现实 算了吧 谢谢 |
[32:10] | You’re talking about 30 years ago. | 你在计较30年前的事 |
[32:13] | You want me to dredge it all up? | 你想让我把旧账都翻出来? |
[32:15] | That what you’re asking here? | 那你为什么要来这里? |
[32:16] | Well,I’m not going to do it. | 我不会如你所愿的 |
[32:18] | There are things,some things,that are not your damn business. | 有些事 某些事 跟你没关系 |
[32:22] | I’m not giving explanations. | 我不会给你解释的 |
[32:24] | Worked a long time to get where I am,and I’m not going to dredge it all up,you hear? | 我花了很长时间才拥有现在的一切 我不愿再重提旧事 你听见没有? |
[32:28] | Your mother– damn it,if that’s what you’re looking for! | 你母亲 去他的! 如果这是你想听的! |
[32:30] | Just say it! | 接着说! |
[32:32] | You were wrong. | 你错了 |
[32:35] | You want me to change the past? | 你想让我改变过去? |
[32:38] | What happened happened. | 已经发生的事就让它过去吧 |
[32:41] | Well,it happened to me. | 是啊 发生在我身上 |
[32:56] | Looked up Rolls-Royce registrations in ’63.Two hits. | 查了63年劳斯莱斯的注册记录 找到两个匹配的 |
[33:00] | One in a car museum and one owned by an Al Soddenheim.Guess where he lives. | 一辆在汽车博物馆 而另一辆属于 Al Soddenheim 你猜他住哪 |
[33:04] | Chestnut Hill. | 栗山 |
[33:05] | Let’s take a ride. | 我们去看看 |
[33:15] | Al Soddenheim? | 是Al Soddenheim吗? |
[33:16] | May I help you? | 有什么事? |
[33:18] | I’ll be damned. | 该死! |
[33:19] | Baltimore Red lives in Chestnut Hill. | 巴尔的摩红人住在栗山 |
[33:23] | Drink? | 来一杯? |
[33:24] | On the job. | 正上班呢 |
[33:26] | I never let that stop me. | 我从来没这个困扰 |
[33:28] | You know why we’re here,Red? | 知道我们为什么来吗 红人? |
[33:29] | Well,let’s see. | 瞧瞧 |
[33:31] | Two homicide cops, | 两位谋杀案警察 |
[33:32] | an unsolved murder from 40 years ago. | 一件40年前未结的谋杀案 |
[33:35] | I was a betting man I’d say it has to do with Patrick Lennox. | 我打赌肯定是关于Patrick Lennox |
[33:39] | We know you picked him up at the Broad Street Motel in your Rolls-Royce. | 你用你的劳斯莱斯到布罗德街 汽车旅馆去接他 |
[33:42] | That was my driver. | 是我司机去的 |
[33:44] | – Lennox was coming here to play. – Why didn’t you play at Whitey’s? | – Lennox过来比赛 – 为什么你不去Whitey比赛? |
[33:47] | Well,once the word of the match got out,Whitey could’ve hung up a sign saying “Raids Wanted.” | 一旦比赛的消息泄露 Whitey就等于挂牌说”快来搜捕” |
[33:51] | So,what happened? | 发生了什么事? |
[33:53] | Lennox give the great Baltimore Red more than he could handle? | 伟大的巴尔的摩红人招架不住Lennox? |
[33:57] | I can tell you one thing about Patrick Lennox. | 我可以告诉你点Patrick Lennox的事 |
[34:00] | He had some tricks up his sleeve. | 他袖子里面暗藏玄机 |
[34:05] | – Thirsty? – Nah.Let’s just shoot. | – 渴吗? – 不 我们开局吧 |
[34:09] | One game. | 一局 |
[34:11] | 2,000. | 2000块 |
[34:13] | Standard eight-ball. | 标准八球 |
[34:34] | That’s a nice shot. | 这一杆打得不错 |
[35:05] | Double or nothing? | 赌注加倍还是就此结束? |
[35:31] | You know,I must say,never seen a man up 40,000 look so damn mad. | 我得说 从没见过一个赢了4万块 却还这么生气的人 |
[35:48] | Kid’s right. | 那孩子说得对 |
[35:50] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[35:52] | This ain’t no way to live. | 生活不该是这样的 |
[35:55] | What are you doing? | 你干什么? |
[35:57] | I’m done. | 我不打了 |
[35:59] | I didn’t call this match. | 比赛还没结束 |
[36:01] | I won,Red. | 我赢了 红人 |
[36:02] | I won. | 我赢了 |
[36:07] | I walk now, | 我现在走 |
[36:09] | I take 20,000 over the 40 you owe me.And nobody hears about this. | 我拿走那2万块 你还欠我40块 没人会知道 |
[36:18] | Where do you have to be that’s more important than this? | 你有什么比这重要的地方要去? |
[36:22] | Told somebody I’d take them swimming. | 告诉某人 我会带他们去游泳 |
[36:30] | You forgot your cue! | 你忘了你的球杆! |
[36:32] | Only cue that ever beat me. | 唯一打败我的球杆 |
[36:34] | – You set up the match yourself? – No,no. | – 你自己安排的比赛? – 不 不 |
[36:37] | I received a sealed envelope from Whitey with an anonymous note.Stake was inside. | 我收到了一封从Whitey寄来的匿名信 赌金在里面 |
[36:43] | What’d it say? | 信上怎么说的? |
[36:44] | Oh,something about,uh, | 哦 是关于 |
[36:46] | top dog making me look silly. | 胜者让我看起来很傻 |
[36:49] | Bold,but prophetic. | 很鲁莽 但有预言性 |
[36:52] | I had my own road partner once.We took off on his bike,didn’t look back. | 我也曾有过路友 我们下了他的车 再没回过头 |
[36:58] | Slept where we stopped. | 停在哪就睡在哪 |
[37:00] | Made whatever coin we could. | 到处赚钱 |
[37:02] | The world was our oyster. | 这个世界是我们的地盘 |
[37:04] | It wasn’t like that with me and Patrick; we were… | 这跟我和Patrick不一样 我们是… |
[37:06] | Strictly business. Sure,that’s what you said. | 纯粹合作关系 当然 你就是这样说的 |
[37:10] | But it went deeper than that,didn’t it? | 但事情远远不止这些 是吧? |
[37:12] | A bond you develop with someone on the road. | 你和路友间逐渐发展的某种纽带 |
[37:14] | At least till that kid came skipping along. | 直到那个孩子横插进来 |
[37:17] | Crazy thing is, | 可笑的是… |
[37:18] | Hillary Rhodes wasn’t even his. | Hillary Rhodes甚至都不是他的孩子 |
[37:21] | What? | 什么? |
[37:22] | You didn’t know? | 你不知道吗? |
[37:24] | Yeah,she was just looking for a daddy. | 她只是在找爸爸 |
[37:27] | Guess the old Rifle was looking for a kid,too. | 猜老来复枪也在找一个孩子 |
[37:29] | The question is,where’d that leave you,Sharon? | 问题是 你又处在什么位置呢 Sharon? |
[37:35] | I was done with him anyway. | 不管怎么样我跟他都完了 |
[37:37] | Say,how’d you describe Patrick again? | 你怎么描述Patrick? |
[37:39] | “Top bird at the table?” | “球桌上的头号选手?” |
[37:42] | Dog. | 王牌 |
[37:44] | Top dog.I feel like I heard that before. | 头号王牌 我以前好像听说过 |
[37:46] | Oh,in the note staking Patrick’s match with Baltimore Red,wasn’t it? | Patrick和巴尔的摩红人比赛的赌金信里 就是这么说的 对吗? |
[37:51] | Thought you didn’t have that kind of cash,Sharon. | 想你也没那么多现金 Sharon |
[37:53] | I didn’t. I… | 我没 我… |
[37:54] | I mean… I didn’t write any note. | 是是我… 我没写过什么信 |
[37:57] | A lot of money,two grand. | 很多钱 2万块 |
[37:59] | Don’t know how you got it.But it couldn’t have been easy. | 不知道你怎么拿到的 但肯定也不容易 |
[38:04] | My money? | 我的钱? |
[38:05] | You thought if you scored that match for him,let him see he was top dog for himself, | 你以为如果你为他安排那场比赛 让他看到自己是头号王牌 |
[38:10] | you could win him back. | 你就可以赢回他 |
[38:16] | You believed in him.I loved him. | – 你信任他 – 我爱他 |
[38:20] | Remember a guy named Larry Sidorski,Sharon? | 记得一个叫Larry Sidorski的吗 Sharon? |
[38:25] | Told us you hustled him out of his.32 revolver. | 告诉我们你骗走了他的点32转轮枪 |
[38:28] | It’s the same gun that killed Patrick,Sharon. | 和枪杀Patrick的是同一把 Sharon |
[38:30] | No. | 不 |
[38:32] | Name’s in the theft report.Got it right here. | 名字在失窃报告中 就在这里 |
[38:40] | I never wanted to hurt him. | 我从没想过要伤害他 |
[38:42] | But he wanted out. | 但他想要脱离这一行 |
[38:44] | He was done with the life. | 他不想再过这种生活了 |
[38:46] | Wanted to be some sap ham-and-egger. | 想做那种庸庸碌碌的傻瓜 |
[38:50] | But you couldn’t leave the hustle. | 但你离不开赌骗这行 |
[38:56] | There was nothing else for me to do. | 我别无选择 |
[39:00] | Patrick! | |
[39:02] | Patrick! | |
[39:06] | Blondie? | |
[39:08] | What are you,uh… what are you doing here? | 你 嗯 …你在这做什么? |
[39:10] | I’ve been waiting all night. | 我整晚上都在等你 |
[39:11] | Saw you get picked up,hopped in a cab. | 看到你被接走了 上了辆轿车 |
[39:15] | Did you beat him? | 你打败了他吗? |
[39:16] | Where’s your cue?He won your cue? | 你的球杆呢?他把你的球杆赢走了? |
[39:19] | I beat him for 40,000. | 我赢了他4万块 |
[39:22] | I knew you were top dog! | 我就知道你是头号王牌! |
[39:23] | I only took 20. | 我只拿了2万 |
[39:25] | Gonna pay my debts,start clean. | 来偿还我的债务 从新开始 |
[39:29] | Start clean?Where you going? | 从新开始? 你去哪? |
[39:33] | Back to the motel. | 回到汽车旅馆 |
[39:34] | What’s at the motel? | 旅馆里还有什么? |
[39:36] | – Hill. – The kid? | – 那孩子? |
[39:38] | This ain’t no life for her. | 这样不是她的生活 |
[39:40] | What about me? | 那我呢? |
[39:41] | I’m tired of checking ticket stubs to rember where I slept. | 我厌倦了查票根来记住我在哪过夜 |
[39:44] | But you make fun of all those dull clock-punchers with nothing to live for. | 可你一直嘲笑那些朝九晚五 却没有生活目标的家伙 |
[39:48] | – The joke’s on them. – The joke’s on us. | – 他们是笑话 – 可笑的是我们 |
[39:51] | We’re the ones who got nothing. | 我们才是一无所有的人 |
[39:54] | Okay. | 好了 |
[39:55] | The kid’s part of the package. | 我可以接受那孩子 |
[39:58] | I can do that. We’ll hit the road. | 我能做到的 我们可以一起上路 |
[40:00] | Come on,Blondie.You don’t got a maternal bone in your body. | 算了吧 Blondie 你根本没有母爱 |
[40:05] | Look,I’m taking her away,finding something better. | 我会把她带走 找点事做 |
[40:08] | But you’re the Rifle. | 但你是”来复枪” |
[40:10] | Not anymore. | 再也不是了 |
[40:14] | Who the hell you think set up that match?! | 你以为是谁安排的比赛?! |
[40:17] | You put up the money? | 你出的钱? |
[40:21] | How? | 你哪来的钱? |
[40:23] | I did what I had to. | 我做了我不得不做的 |
[40:32] | Here… | 给… |
[40:34] | take five thousand. | 给你5千块 |
[40:40] | You’re not walking away from this. | 你不能这样甩手走人 |
[40:43] | Go back and finish the game! | 回去 打完比赛! |
[40:48] | The game’s over,Sharon. | 比赛结束了 Sharon |
[41:23] | As we told you a moment ago,President Kennedy was assassinated… | 我们刚才报道过 肯尼迪总统遇刺… |
[41:26] | Somebody shot him! | 有人朝他开枪了! |
[41:28] | I can’t believe they shot him! | 我真不敢相信他们朝他开枪了! |
[41:30] | …As his car proceeded through the crowded streets of Dallas. | …当时他的车队正缓缓通过 达拉斯拥挤的街道 |
[41:36] | He died 35 minutes later in the Dallas… | |
[43:16] | * The very thought of you * | |
[43:20] | * Makes my heart sing * | |
[43:24] | * Like an April breeze * | |
[43:27] | * On the wings of spring * | |
[43:32] | * And you appear In all your splendor * | |
[43:40] | * My one and only love. * | |
[43:47] | ********* |