时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | ?? | |
[00:04] | ??? | 2007年5月24日 |
[00:10] | You get done cleaning up that mess, go tackle the john. | 你把手头的活儿弄完 就去通厕所 |
[00:13] | Stopped up again. | 又堵了 |
[00:14] | I look like a janitor, Tommy? | 我看来像清洁工吗 Tommy? |
[00:15] | Haven’t taken my lunch yet. | 我还没吃午餐呢 |
[00:17] | You’re spending too much time on each job, Ed. | 你每件工作都花了太多时间 Ed |
[00:20] | You gotta turn around six more cars after you clean the can. | 等清完垃圾桶 你还得再修好6辆车 |
[00:26] | I’d eat first before I walked in there, Ed. | 我要是你就先吃饭 再进去 Ed (弄完了你肯定恶心的吃不下了) |
[00:29] | Or call FEMA. | 或者打给应急管理局 |
[00:30] | Hey, Channel 7, what’s she wearing? | 嘿 看7频道 她穿的什么? |
[00:33] | Welcome to Pennsylvania Power… | 欢迎收看宾夕法尼彩票… |
[00:35] | Wearing out your bank account, buddy. | 穿的是你根本付不起的衣服 老兄 |
[00:36] | It’s a sucker’s dream. | 傻子才会做这种梦 |
[00:38] | …2007. | |
[00:39] | Ed… can I talk to you? | Ed…我能和你谈谈吗? |
[00:43] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[00:44] | Um, I just got the estimate on my car. | 呃 我刚拿到修车的估计单 |
[00:49] | I can’t afford this. | 我付不起 |
[00:51] | Two grand-. ain’t that beautiful. | 2000美金-真是太贵了 |
[00:54] | Tommy ought to be ashamed of himself. | Tommy真是不要脸 |
[00:56] | Yeah, I just got my tuition bill, | 是的 我刚拿到缴纳学费的单子 |
[00:58] | but I need my car to get from work to school… | 但我又需要一辆车来 往返学校与上班的地方… |
[00:59] | Relax. Relax. | 放松 放松 |
[01:00] | Most of these repairs you don’t even need. | 大多数的修补你根本不需要 |
[01:03] | And I got a rebuilt water pump in the back. | 我这边有一个翻修过的水泵 |
[01:05] | I just need it to run. | 我只需要它能开就行 |
[01:06] | Uh… what can you afford? | 呃…多少钱你能接受? |
[01:08] | Um… maybe 400. | 呃…400美金左右 |
[01:11] | 400? | 400美金吗? |
[01:13] | Okay. I’ll fix all the stuff you need to have done | 好吧 我会把该修补的修补好 |
[01:15] | and drop it off your place tomorrow. | 然后明天给你开过来 |
[01:16] | Don’t sweat it, Shelly. | 别担心 Shelly |
[01:17] | – Thanks, Ed. – ?? | – 谢谢你 Ed – 不客气 |
[01:19] | You’re the best. | 你最好了 |
[01:24] | 11… | 11号… |
[01:25] | Keep cutting folks a break like that, | 你再这么帮顾客 |
[01:26] | boss’ll take it out of your hide, Ed. | 老板会找你麻烦的 Ed |
[01:27] | Yeah, he can kiss it. | 是啊 让他放马过来 |
[01:28] | 20… | 20号… |
[01:31] | 49… | 49号… |
[01:32] | Hey, what’s it up to? | 嘿 奖金累积到多少了? |
[01:34] | Huh? | 啊? |
[01:36] | Jackpot. What’s the latest? | 累积奖金 最新数额是多少? |
[01:38] | I don’t know. 7, 8 mil? | 我不知道 700或800万? |
[01:41] | 27… | 27号… |
[01:44] | Break’s over, George. | 休息时间结束了 George |
[01:45] | Ed, you just tell that customer we padded her bill? | Ed 你刚才是不是告诉那位顾客 说我们虚报修理费用啊? |
[01:50] | …and 55. | …和55号 |
[01:52] | Thanks for playing Pennsylvania Power Lotto today. | 谢谢收看今天宾夕法尼亚福利彩票开奖 |
[01:55] | Benefits to public school… | 收益将捐给公立学校… |
[01:57] | Talking to you, Ed. | 我问你话呢 Ed |
[01:58] | You can stick it where the sun don’t shine, Tommy, | 你继续待在这暗无天日的鬼地方吧 Tommy |
[02:00] | ’cause I quit! | 因为我不干了! |
[02:07] | Look at this! | 看看这个! |
[02:17] | How long you playing the lotto, Ed? | 你玩彩票有多久了 Ed? |
[02:18] | Well, since my sister Pam was old enough to buy me a ticket. | 从我姐姐Pam到了 可以给我买张彩票的年龄开始 |
[02:22] | Hey, Ed! | 嘿 Ed! |
[02:23] | What are you planning on doing with the 8 million? | 你计划用这800万美元做什么? |
[02:25] | What do you think? | 你认为呢? |
[02:26] | I’m gonna spend it! | 我要花光它们! |
[02:27] | Oh, yeah. | 噢 是呀 |
[03:02] | Well, Detective Strickland just caught | Strickland警探刚从 |
[03:04] | that double over in Point Breeze. | Point Breeze地区回来 |
[03:05] | I’ll call you later. | 我再联系你 |
[03:07] | Look like you could use a few winks, Walt. | 看来你可以休息一阵了Walt |
[03:09] | Too many open jobs, Lil. | 有太多没侦破的案子 Lil |
[03:11] | Hoping you might be able to take one off my plate. | 希望你能帮我解决一个案子 |
[03:13] | Heard one might be thawing out? | 听说一个案子有线索了? |
[03:14] | Auto mechanic named Ed Dubinski got popped in Fishtown | 汽车修理工Ed Dubinski 住在Fishtown |
[03:16] | on his way back from the SwiftMart. | 在他从SwiftMart返回的路上被害 |
[03:18] | Way back to where? | 他要回哪儿去? |
[03:19] | Working late in the garage. | 回车库里加晚班 |
[03:20] | Shooter took his wallet. | 凶手拿走了他的钱包 |
[03:21] | Robbery gone bad. | 抢劫变成了劫杀 |
[03:22] | What we thought. | 我们本来也这么认为 |
[03:24] | Thing is, Dubinski wasn’t just any grease monkey. | 结果发现Dubinski不是普通的汽车修理工 |
[03:27] | He won eight million in the lottery six months before. | 在6个月前他才中了800万的彩票 |
[03:30] | – Eight million? – Yeah. | – 800万? – 是的 |
[03:32] | I asked the bank to keep Ed’s account open in case the doer | 我叫银行别冻结Ed的帐户 |
[03:36] | tried to use the stolen ATM card. | 想等着凶手用抢来的银行卡提钱 |
[03:38] | How much was in the account? | 帐户里有多少钱? |
[03:39] | – Seven and change. – Seven mil? | – 7 有点零头 – 700万? |
[03:43] | Seven dollars and thirty-nine cents. | 7美元39美分 |
[03:45] | Dubinski went through it all. | Dubinski把钱都花光了 |
[03:46] | Lost eight million dollars? | 花光了整整800万? |
[03:48] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[03:48] | Turns out a lot of these lottery winners get in over their heads. | 事实上这些大奖获得者都会晕头转向 |
[03:51] | One third of them go bankrupt in five years. | 三分之一都会在五年内破产 |
[03:54] | Ed was no different. | Ed也不例外 |
[03:55] | Something kicked up on the case? | 这案子有什么新线索了? |
[03:57] | Someone used Dubinski’s card yesterday at a sandwich shop in Center City. | 昨天在市中心一家三明治店 Dubinski的卡被人用过 |
[04:00] | ATM camera working? | ATM的摄像头拍下嫌犯的样子了吗? |
[04:02] | There wasn’t one. | 没有摄像头 |
[04:03] | Doer attempted a withdrawal, | 凶手试图提款 |
[04:05] | checked his bank balance. | 查看余额 |
[04:06] | Means the killer knew his PIN number. | 说明凶手知道他的密码 |
[04:08] | Someone who knew him? | 是不是认识他的人呢? |
[04:09] | Or the stickup guy made him give it up. | 或者是劫匪逼他说的呢 |
[04:11] | But why wait two years to hit that account? | 但为什么要过了2年去才去查看账户呢? |
[04:16] | Unless they think the jackpot’s still out there. | 除非他们认为奖金还在里面 |
[04:24] | cold case S06EP12 | 无限乐透 Lotto Fever |
[04:52] | Ed Dubinski, | |
[04:54] | thirty-four. | 34岁 |
[04:55] | Moved back to his old Fishtown apartment a few days before his murder. | 在被害的前几天 搬回到了Fishtown的旧公寓 |
[04:58] | Talk about bottoming out. | 落到人生的最低谷 |
[05:00] | The guy burned through eight mil in six months. | 6个月的时间这家伙挥霍掉了800万 |
[05:02] | Wait, how’s that even possible? | 等等 那怎么可能啊? |
[05:03] | What was he, smoking it? | 难道他把钱当烟抽掉了? |
[05:04] | Jackpot’s up to 18 mil this week. | 这周的奖金是1千8百万哟 |
[05:06] | More people in the pool, more tickets we can buy. | 越多人参与 我们就能买越多彩票 |
[05:08] | I don’t know. Seems like a chump’s game. | 我不懂 看起来是傻子才玩的游戏 |
[05:10] | Well, this chump’s gonna be rich when the money train comes in. | 当天上掉下一大笔钱时 这个傻子就发大财了 |
[05:13] | You in the lotto pool, Will? | 你也玩彩票 Will? |
[05:14] | Nope. It’s pointless. | 没有 那毫无意义 |
[05:16] | Wrong. | 你错了 |
[05:17] | Point is, dreaming about the things you’d do if you won. | 意义在于可以梦想中奖后你能做的事 |
[05:20] | Dubinski went for a pack of smokes at the SwiftMart around midnight. | Dubinski午夜在SwiftMart买了一包香烟 |
[05:24] | Shot in an empty lot on his way back to the auto repair shop. | 回修理店的路上在一个空停车场被枪杀 |
[05:27] | Slug from a nine recovered from the body. | 在尸体里找到一颗9毫米的子弹 |
[05:29] | Cashier, Shelly Reid, last to see talking to Rush. | 收银员 Shelly Reid 最后一个与他说话的人 |
[05:32] | Any surviving next of kin? | 还有什么亲戚在世吗? |
[05:34] | Uh, older sister Pam, | 有个姐姐Pam |
[05:35] | owns a hardware store in East Falls with her husband Marty. | 姐姐Pam和她丈夫Marty 在East Falls经营一家五金店 |
[05:38] | Took custody of Ed at age 18. | 她在18岁时取得对Ed的监护权 |
[05:40] | What happened to the parents? | 他们的父母怎么啦? |
[05:41] | Lost mom to a car accident, dad to prison. | 妈妈出车祸死了 爸爸进了监狱 |
[05:44] | What else we got on Ed’s finances? | 从Ed的财政状况我们还能知道些什么? |
[05:45] | Money manager listed here as a Roger Weaver, on the way in. | 记录上说理财顾问是Roger Weaver 他正在来的路上 |
[05:48] | PIN number was 747539. | 密码是747539 |
[05:52] | Figure the killer had to know Ed to get that number? | 看来凶手肯定是认识Ed 才有可能知道密码? |
[05:55] | What are the odds of guessing a six-digit PIN? | 猜出6位密码的概率有多大? |
[05:57] | I’ll bet I could guess yours. | 我打赌我能猜你的密码 |
[05:59] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[06:00] | 50 bucks. Give me your ATM card. | 打赌50美元 给我你的银行卡 |
[06:02] | Tell you right now, | 现在就告诉你吧 |
[06:03] | it ain’t my birthday or my address. | 密码不是我的生日和我家门牌号 |
[06:05] | Machine eats it, you owe me double. | 要是卡被吞了 你就欠我双倍 |
[06:08] | We’ll see. | 等着瞧吧 |
[06:17] | I work part-time at the Swiftee. | 我在Swiftee干兼职 |
[06:19] | Going to night school to become a veterinarian. | 读夜校想成为一名兽医 |
[06:21] | Tough, though, you know? | 虽然艰苦 明白吗? |
[06:23] | You knew Ed from the store, Shelly? | 你是在店里认识Ed的吗 Shelly? |
[06:24] | He worked up the street, | 他在那条街上工作 |
[06:25] | used to come in for coffee and smokes. | 常常过来买咖啡和烟 |
[06:28] | Seemed like a nice guy. | 看起来是个好人 |
[06:30] | You said that he fixed your car? | 你说他帮你修过车? |
[06:32] | It was always breaking down. | 我的车经常坏 |
[06:33] | He knew I was on a tight budget, | 他知道我要节省开支 |
[06:35] | so he’d cut me a break and then I’d give him free refills. | 所以他很照顾我 我也给他免费续杯 |
[06:39] | Ed come in to use the ATM a lot? | Ed经常来用自动提款机吗? |
[06:41] | Sometimes. Just coffee that night, though. | 有时吧 不过那晚他只喝了咖啡 |
[06:43] | He’d just moved back to Fishtown. | 他刚刚搬回Fishtown |
[06:44] | He seem okay to you when he left the store? | 他离开店子的时候 在你看来他还好吗? |
[06:47] | I think he was a little embarrassed about losing all that money. | 我觉得他是因花光了所有钱而感到尴尬 |
[06:52] | Can’t believe somebody would shoot him. | 简直不敢相信有人会杀了他 |
[06:55] | Sweet guy, you know? | 他是个好人 明白吗? |
[06:57] | I can only offer financial advice, Detective. | 警探 我只是提供财政建议 |
[07:00] | Most of my clients take it. | 大多数客户都会接受 |
[07:01] | Mr. Dubinski was an exception. | Dubinski先生是个例外 |
[07:03] | An $8 million exception. | 800万美元的例外 |
[07:05] | 5.2 after taking the lump sum. | 一次性领款是领了520万美元 |
[07:07] | 3 million after taxes. | 税后剩下300万美元 |
[07:09] | Another million down on a house with property tax due. | 买房子和财产税又花了100万 |
[07:13] | And the rest went to whomever had their hand out first. | 其余的都给了那些先伸手要的人 |
[07:16] | How’d you get hooked up with Ed, Mr. Weaver? | 你怎么成为Ed的顾问的 Weaver先生? |
[07:18] | Well, I get most of my clients through referral, | 我大多数客户都是通过介绍来的 |
[07:21] | but Mr. Dubinski found me in the Yellow Pages. | 但Dubinski先生是在黄页里找到我的 |
[07:23] | You draw up a will for him? | 你为他起草遗嘱了吗? |
[07:24] | Well, I set him up with an attorney to handle it, | 我为他找了一个律师来处理这事儿 |
[07:27] | but he was killed before the scheduled appointment. | 但他在约见律师之前就被杀害了 |
[07:29] | So any money would’ve gone to…? | 那么所有的钱都会给…? |
[07:31] | His sister, | 他的姐姐 |
[07:32] | now stuck with probate. | 现在一直还在遗嘱检验中 |
[07:33] | But I’d be surprised if there’s enough to cover his funeral expenses. | 不过剩下的钱连支付他的葬礼费都不够 |
[07:37] | We’ll need to take a look at all of his financial records. | 我们需要看他所有的财政支出记录 |
[07:39] | Look, Detective, | 听着 警探 |
[07:40] | I regret I couldn’t help him more than I did. | 我一直为没能更好的帮他而后悔 |
[07:43] | But a fool and his money are easily parted. | 但一个傻子的钱是很容易被瓜分的 |
[07:51] | My little brother practically grew up in this store. | 我弟弟就是在这店子里长大的 |
[07:53] | Always tinkering with something. | 经常胡乱地修修补补 |
[07:55] | Marty taught him how to fix things. | Marty教他如何修理东西 |
[07:58] | How he got so good with cars. | 这就是为什么他很会修车 |
[08:01] | Anyone you know had a problem with Ed? | 你们知道谁和Ed过不去吗? |
[08:03] | No. Everybody loved him; | 没有 每个人都很爱他 |
[08:05] | he was like a big kid. | 他就像个大孩子 |
[08:08] | If anything killed Ed, it was that damn lottery. | 如果一定要说是什么害死了Ed 一定是那该死的彩票 |
[08:10] | The lottery killed Ed? | 彩票害死了Ed? |
[08:12] | We never had any money when we were growing up. | 在我们成长的期间我们一直都很穷 |
[08:15] | It was all just too much. | 那些奖金简直太多了 |
[08:17] | His face gets on TV, | 而且他在电视上露过脸 |
[08:19] | and all of a sudden he’s surrounded | 突然身边出现了 |
[08:20] | by a bunch of phonies taking advantage of him. | 一大群想骗他钱的人 |
[08:22] | Any in particular you remember? | 还记得有什么特别的人吗? |
[08:23] | I didn’t know any of them. | 我一个都不认识 |
[08:24] | Too many freeloaders to count. | 有太多来占便宜的人了 |
[08:26] | Well, hard to believe how fast he burned through all that cash. | 很难相信他在这么短的时间 把奖金全部挥霍一空 |
[08:28] | I tried to get him to do something constructive with it, | 我曾试着劝他做点建设性的事情 |
[08:31] | but it was like, like the money wasn’t real to him. | 可这钱对他来说好像–好像不是真的 |
[08:33] | Cleaned out his apartment, there was nothing but bills left. | 打扫他公寓时 除了账单没别的 |
[08:37] | And this probate thing is still a mess. | 并且遗嘱检验也是一团糟 |
[08:39] | I’d like to get copies of Ed’s probate papers if that’s okay. | 如果不介意我想要Ed的遗嘱检验的复件 |
[08:42] | However I can help. | 只要我能帮上忙 |
[08:43] | Is Ed the kind of guy that’d give out his ATM card or PIN number? | Ed是那种会交出自己银行卡和密码的人吗? |
[08:47] | Maybe. Ed trusted everybody– generous to a fault. | 也许是吧 Ed信任每一个人– 而且过分的慷慨 |
[08:50] | Problem was, he just… | 问题是 他只是… |
[08:53] | couldn’t say no. | 不会拒绝 |
[09:16] | – Hey! – Hey. | – 嗨! – 嗨 |
[09:17] | Hey, hey, you guys check out the bathrooms? | 嗨 嗨 你们看过浴室了吗? |
[09:20] | All-black porcelain and gold fixtures. | 全黑瓷砖 纯金卫生洁具 |
[09:22] | Plasma TVs in every one. Huh? | 每个人房间都有等离子电视 啊? |
[09:25] | Oh, it’s, uh, it’s really something, Ed. | 噢 这 呃 真是大手笔啊 Ed |
[09:27] | Are those, uh, a pinball machines over there? | 那些是 呃 那边是弹球机吗? |
[09:29] | Yeah! | 是的! |
[09:30] | I used to get up everyday to fix cars, | 以前我每天起来都是修汽车 |
[09:32] | now I just play pinball all day. | 现在我每天都是玩弹球机了 |
[09:34] | Hey, Pammy, you remember when we were kids when we went to Atlantic City? | 嘿 Pammy 记得我们小时候去大西洋城吗? |
[09:37] | And then we just like played all day. | 我们整天都玩这个 |
[09:40] | Of course I remember, Ed. Yeah. | 当然我还记得 Ed 是的 |
[09:43] | Do you know all these people? | 这些人你都认识吗? |
[09:44] | Sure, they’re all my friends. | 当然 他们都是我的朋友 |
[09:45] | Just hope you’re not spending too much money. | 希望你别花太多的钱 |
[09:47] | Oh, hey, that reminds me. | 噢 嘿 这到提醒了我 |
[09:48] | I got, I got something special for you guys. | 我有 我有份特别的礼物送你们 |
[09:54] | No, open it. Open it. | 不 快打开 快打开 |
[09:57] | Oh! The Atlantic City boardwalk. | 噢!大西洋城的木板路 |
[10:02] | – It’s 50,000! – Wow! | – 这是五万美金! – 哇噢! |
[10:06] | I owe you, Pam. | 我欠你的 Pam |
[10:07] | Ed, you know you don’t owe me a thing. | Ed 你知道你没欠我什么 |
[10:11] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[10:13] | You’re the best, bud. | 你最好了 伙计 |
[10:14] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[10:16] | If you guys need anything else, | 如果你们还需要什么 |
[10:17] | you just let me know, okay. | 尽管开口 好吗 |
[10:20] | Smokey One-Niner, this is Rubber Duck! | 护林熊1-9号 我是橡皮鸭! |
[10:22] | Your presence is requested outside on the double. | 你需要到外面双道上来 |
[10:24] | Oh, dude. | 噢 伙计 |
[10:25] | Sounds like my ride just got here. Hey, come on. | 听起来我的座驾刚刚到了 嘿 来吧 |
[10:28] | Come on! | 来吧! |
[10:29] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[10:31] | Whoa! | 喔噢! |
[10:32] | Yeah! | 是的! |
[10:40] | Oh, hello, pretty car. | 噢 你好啊 我的靓车 |
[10:41] | This is awesome! | 这车太棒了! |
[10:42] | How much this car cost, Ed? | 这车多少钱啊 Ed? |
[10:44] | Who cares? Look at it! | 管它呢? 看看! |
[10:59] | Old Georgie wasn’t laughing too hard | 老Georgie酒醒后 |
[11:01] | when his buzz wore off. | 他就笑不出来了 |
[11:02] | George Sweeney, from the garage? | George Sweeney 也是修理厂的? |
[11:04] | Yeah, the two of them were… | 是的 他们俩… |
[11:05] | like kids in a candy store. | 就像是在糖果店的孩子一样 |
[11:07] | Used to be good friends. | 以前是好朋友 |
[11:08] | Sounds like he handed out a lot of checks. | 听起来他分到了很多钱吧 |
[11:11] | We didn’t need it, | 我们不需要 |
[11:12] | but we put it to good use… | 但我们把它用在了… |
[11:14] | something I wish that Ed would have done. | 我希望Ed做的事情上 |
[11:17] | Now, George Sweeney filed a two million-dollar lawsuit against Ed. | 后来George Sweeney向Ed索要200万 |
[11:21] | Hired that ambulance chaser with those late-night TV ads. | 雇了一个在晚间电视打广告的 专打交通索赔的律师 |
[11:24] | The “King of Compensation.” | “索赔之王” |
[11:25] | Any record of a trial or a settlement? | 有审讯和调解的记录吗? |
[11:27] | Looks like it was dismissed. | 好像诉讼被驳回了 |
[11:29] | George still works at the auto shop in Fishtown. | George现在仍在 Fishtown的汽车修理行工作 |
[11:32] | Near where Ed was killed. | 离Ed被害的地方很近啊 |
[11:33] | Yeah, maybe old George figured out Ed’s PIN number, | 是的 也许George推出了Ed的密码 |
[11:35] | thought he was still due a nice settlement. | 觉得自己理应得到赔偿 |
[11:38] | What do you got? | 有发现吗? |
[11:38] | Figure out how the code’s personal, | 找出密码和个人信息的关系 |
[11:40] | we figure out how the shooter could have known it. | 我们就能知道凶手是怎么推出来的 |
[11:41] | Run Ed’s personal info? | 查到Ed的个人资料了吗? |
[11:42] | Mm-hmm, old phone numbers, addresses, friends’ birthdays, | 嗯哼 过去的电话号码 地址门牌号 朋友的生日号码 |
[11:45] | social numbers, you name it. | 社会保险号 你所能想到的 |
[11:47] | Nothing yet. | 还没任何发现 |
[11:48] | We get any paperwork from the money manager? | 从理财顾问那里取得的文件呢? |
[11:50] | Eight million dollars of it. | 800万美金 |
[11:51] | Saw the latest jackpot just went up to $33 million. | 听说最近奖金累积到了3千3百万了 |
[11:54] | Nick sucked you in on that pool? | Nick把你也拉下水了? |
[11:57] | 33 will pay for a lot of old Blue Note vinyl. | 3千3百万可以买 好多Blue Note公司的唱片呢 |
[12:00] | How about you, boss? | 你呢 头儿? |
[12:03] | Got a better chance of winning American Idol. | 我赢<美偶>冠军的机会还大些 |
[12:11] | First try, sucker. | 第一次就猜对了 笨蛋 |
[12:12] | Knew it had to be either Flyers or boobies. | 你的密码设的太小儿科了 |
[12:15] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[12:18] | That’s gonna leave a mark. | 会起包的 |
[12:19] | A little jumpy, George, | 有点神经质 George |
[12:20] | or you just naturally clumsy? | 还是你天生笨拙? |
[12:22] | What’s this all about, guys? | 找我什么事儿 伙计? |
[12:23] | Ed Dubinski– you took a dive on his property. | Ed Dubinski–你觊觎他的财产啊 |
[12:25] | Ed was my friend. | Ed是我的朋友 |
[12:26] | Is that why you sued him? | 所以你才告他的? |
[12:27] | I had a lot of medical bills. | 我有太多的医疗账单 |
[12:29] | I just needed Ed’s insurance to pay up. | 我只是需要Ed的保险费来支付罢了 |
[12:31] | – It wasn’t personal. – Oh, sure it was. | – 不是什么私人恩怨 – 噢 当然是 |
[12:34] | You go back to rebuild transmissions. | 你还得回来修理变速器 |
[12:35] | He goes off to spend his millions. | 他就坐着挥霍他的数百万美金 |
[12:37] | No, I was… I was happy for Ed. | 不是的 我..我很为Ed感到高兴 |
[12:39] | Look, I… I was his friend before he won that money, | 听着 我…在他还没得到大奖前 我就是他的朋友 |
[12:42] | and I was still his friend after he lost it. | 他挥霍一空后我还是他的朋友 |
[12:44] | How did you know he lost it all, George? | 你怎么知道他挥霍一空了 George? |
[12:46] | Why else would you move back to Fishtown? | 不然干嘛搬回Fishtown呢? |
[12:48] | You own a gun, George? | 你有枪吗 George? |
[12:49] | No, no, no. | 没有 没有 没有 |
[12:50] | I never asked Ed for a thing, | 我从来没向Ed要过什么 |
[12:52] | but, I mean, you win a lotto like that, | 但是 我是说 你赢得了那样的大奖 |
[12:54] | you never know who’s gonna come crawling out of the woodwork. | 你不知道什么时候就会突然冒出什么人 |
[13:15] | To the good life. | 敬美好的生活 |
[13:20] | Listen, Ed… | 听着 Ed… |
[13:22] | I feel real bad about that shark lawyer bugging you. | 对于那贪婪的律师跑来烦你 我很抱歉 |
[13:24] | Yeah, I got to say I was kind of surprised you didn’t talk to me first. | 是啊 我得说你没事先找我谈谈 我的确有点吃惊 |
[13:27] | I mean, we go way back, right? | 我是说 我们是老朋友了 对吗? |
[13:28] | I know. I had no idea that he was gonna sue you. | 我知道 我完全不知道他会去告你 |
[13:31] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[13:33] | I talked to my, uh, insurance people. | 我同我的 呃 保险经纪人谈了 |
[13:35] | They said that ATV accidents aren’t covered under my policy, | 他们说那全地形汽车事故 不包括在我的保险单上 |
[13:39] | so… | 所以… |
[13:41] | here. | 拿着 |
[13:46] | 25 Gs? | 2万5千美金? |
[13:48] | That’s a lot of money, Ed. | 是一大笔钱呢 Ed |
[13:49] | I can’t take this. | 我不能拿 |
[13:50] | George, we’re like family, man. | George 我们就是一家人 老兄 |
[13:52] | I don’t want this to come between us. | 我不要这事儿梗在我们中间 |
[13:53] | Just… just take it. | 只管…只管拿着 |
[13:56] | Thanks. Tsk. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[13:57] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[13:59] | Oh. I best be going. | 噢 我要走了 |
[14:01] | Some of us got to go back to work. | 我们中得有人回去工作 |
[14:03] | What, Tommy threatened to fire you? | 什么 Tommy威胁要炒了你? |
[14:05] | Told me I got to do three clutches tomorrow. | 让我明天要修好3个离合器 |
[14:07] | Hey, make sure you resurface the flywheel. | 嘿 别忘了打磨调速轮 |
[14:10] | Armchair mechanic. | 纸上谈兵的修理工 |
[14:11] | What can I say? I get bored. | 我能说什么呢? 我厌烦了 |
[14:15] | All right. | 好吧 |
[14:17] | First one with a head shot doesn’t have to make a run for beer. | 谁先打中头就不用去买啤酒 |
[14:32] | When the real guns came out, | 当见到真家伙的时候 |
[14:33] | you know, I knew that it was time to get back to reality. | 你知道 我就知道我是时候回到现实中来了 |
[14:36] | The hell was this crazy old codger? | 那奇怪的老头是谁啊? |
[14:37] | – Ed said it was his father. – His father? | – Ed说是他的爸爸 – 他爸爸? |
[14:40] | Thought he was long gone. | 还以为他早就死了呢 |
[14:41] | Yeah, he must have heard about Ed hitting the big money. | 是呀 他肯定是听说Ed中奖的事情了 |
[14:44] | Came to pick up a payday. | 想来要点钱 |
[14:45] | Didn’t look like he came back to have a catch. | 看起来他不是想来要钱那么简单 |
[14:53] | Hey! Jack Dubinski, Philly PD. Open up. | 嘿! Jack Dubinski 费城警察 开门 |
[15:00] | I’m entertaining a friend. | 我有朋友在 |
[15:01] | – Do you mind? – Not at all. | – 你介意? – 不介意 |
[15:03] | Open up, Jack. | 开门 Jack |
[15:05] | Come back when you got a warrant. | 拿到搜查令再来吧 |
[15:07] | ?? | 他有枪 |
[15:09] | What did you do that for? | 你们要干嘛? |
[15:12] | No, you don’t. | 想都别想 |
[15:13] | Welcome back to Philly, Jack. | 欢迎回到费城 Jack |
[15:15] | Watch the back– not my back! | 小心我的背–我的背! |
[15:16] | That gun’s gonna land you back in prison. | 那把枪会送你回牢房 |
[15:18] | How long depends on what you tell us. | 至于关多久就看你对我们怎么交代了 |
[15:21] | What did I do now? | 我干什么了? |
[15:22] | For starters, you’re here… | 首先 你出现在… |
[15:24] | in the same town your son got capped. | 你儿子居住的地方 |
[15:26] | The world’s a rough place. | 这世界真是不安宁 |
[15:28] | I don’t recall your daughter telling us you were at his funeral. | 我不记得你女儿说过 你参加了他的葬礼 |
[15:30] | I got no relationship with my daughter. | 我与我女儿没有来往了 |
[15:32] | No, you just came out of your rat hole to shake Ed down. | 不 你刚从老鼠洞里爬出来 想敲Ed一笔 |
[15:35] | A month later, your boy’s dead. | 一个月后 你儿子就死了 |
[15:36] | Just ’cause I’m a crappy dad don’t mean I’d hurt my own blood. | 不要因为我是个差劲的爸爸 就意味着我会伤害我的孩子 |
[15:39] | Ed’s old bank card got used a couple days ago. | Ed的银行卡在几天前被使用过 |
[15:41] | We turn this place upside down, we gonna find it? | 我们把这地方翻个底朝天 我们会找到那张卡吗? |
[15:43] | Don’t know what you’re talking about. | 不知道你在说什么 |
[15:44] | Why did you go see Ed, Jack? | 你为什么去找Ed, Jack? |
[15:46] | It wasn’t a shakedown. | 不是去敲诈他 |
[15:47] | I just… need a little help, get back on my feet. | 我只是…需要小小的帮助 重新开始 |
[15:55] | Some place you got here, Ed. | 你住的地方真不错 Ed |
[15:57] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[15:58] | We like it. | 我们都很喜欢 |
[16:00] | Want a drink? We got a bar. | 想喝一杯吗? 这里有酒吧 |
[16:02] | Uh, beer is fine. | 呃 啤酒就行 |
[16:03] | Hey, can we get two beers, baby? | 嘿 来两杯啤酒 宝贝儿? |
[16:06] | You remember Nikki? | 你还记得Nikki吗? |
[16:12] | Engaged, huh? | 订婚了 哈? |
[16:14] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[16:16] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:26] | Might want to keep an eye on her. | 你要好好盯着她 |
[16:29] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[16:30] | One thing I know about… | 就我所知… |
[16:31] | women who’ve got one hand on your wallet and one foot out the door. | 女人一旦拿到你的钱 等于一只脚踏出了家门 |
[16:36] | No risk, no reward, right? | 舍不得孩子 套不到狼 不是吗? |
[16:39] | I must have got that from you. | 我都是从你身上学的 |
[16:41] | Why I kept playing the numbers all these years. | 所以这么多年来我一直玩彩票 |
[16:43] | Blew through my share of cash, too. | 也花光了我所有的钱 |
[16:46] | Wished I’d put some aside, looked out more for you. | 真希望我能存点钱 多照顾你一点 |
[16:49] | Pam took care of me. | Pam把我养大了 |
[16:51] | And Marty. | 和Marty一起 |
[16:52] | How is your sister? | 你姐姐怎么样了? |
[16:54] | She’d be surprised to see you. | 她看到你一定很吃惊 |
[16:56] | Yeah. I know I was. | – 是的 – 我就是的 |
[16:58] | I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you, kid. | 很抱歉我一直不在你身边 孩子 |
[17:00] | But we have plenty of time to catch up now, don’t we? | 不过现在我们有很多时间 来弥补了 不是吗? |
[17:03] | Sure. | 当然 |
[17:05] | – Yeah, I’d like that. – All right. | – 是的 我很喜欢那样 – 好吧 |
[17:07] | Hey, I got something for you. | 嘿 我有东西给你 |
[17:14] | It’s a… it’s a French circus Nikki’s been wanting to see. | 是…是法国马戏团表演 Nikki一直想去看 |
[17:17] | We’re, uh, driving over to Atlantic City tonight. | 我们 呃 今晚我们开车去大西洋城 |
[17:20] | Hoping you could join us. | 希望你能和我们一道去 |
[17:21] | It sounds like fun. | 听起来挺有趣的 |
[17:22] | Yeah, I thought, like, afterwards, | 是的 我想是的 在那之后 |
[17:24] | we go to the boardwalk, like when Pam and me were kids. | 我们去木板路走走 就像我和Pam小时候一样 |
[17:26] | And then we could go play pinball | 然后我们可以去玩弹球 |
[17:28] | and go over to that museum, | 去博物馆 |
[17:29] | you know, the one with the… with the mermaid in it. | 你知道 就是有…有美人鱼的那个 |
[17:31] | Yeah, sure, Ed, listen… | 是啊 当然 Ed 听着… |
[17:33] | uh, about that thing… | 呃 关于那个… |
[17:35] | What, Dad? | 什么 爸爸? |
[17:36] | We talked about it before. | 我们以前谈过的 |
[17:53] | Thanks, son. | 谢谢 儿子 |
[17:55] | Don’t worry, I-I promise to pay you back. | 别担心 我-我一定会还的 |
[18:01] | Ed didn’t like what I said about his lady, | Ed不喜欢我评价他的女人 |
[18:03] | but he sort of knew I was right. | 但他知道我说的是对的 |
[18:05] | So, where were you the night Ed got shot? | 那么 在Ed被枪杀那晚你在哪儿? |
[18:06] | St. Joe’s. | 圣乔医院 |
[18:07] | The hospital, getting prepped for surgery. | 准备动手术 |
[18:10] | Surgery? | 手术? |
[18:11] | Fused vertebrae so I can work again. | 脊椎融合 手术后就能正常工作了 |
[18:14] | Ed’s money saved my life. | Ed的钱救了我的命 |
[18:15] | Finally able to hold down a job. | 终于能让我保住一份工作 |
[18:18] | Another Hallmark moment in the Dubinski clan. | Dubinski家族的又一精彩瞬间啊 |
[18:21] | Yeah, we talked about… | 是的 我们说好… |
[18:22] | keeping in touch, but it just wasn’t gonna happen. | 保持联系 但却再也没联系 |
[18:25] | Maybe you could call your daughter, | 也许你可以打电话给你女儿 |
[18:27] | see if she’ll bail you out. | 看她是否愿意保释你 |
[18:31] | Upsy daisy. | 起来 吧 |
[18:34] | ???? | |
[18:39] | “Riskey,” with an E. | “Riskey” 加个E |
[18:41] | – Uh-uh. – Why? | – 嗯呃 – 干嘛? |
[18:42] | Guy’s a mechanic, not a spelling bee champ. | 这家伙是汽车修理工 不是拼字比赛冠军 |
[18:44] | Put it in. | 加进去 |
[18:46] | Satisfied? | 满意没有啊? |
[18:48] | Not until I get everybody in the pool. | 直到把所有的人都拉下水为止 |
[18:52] | Know what the jackpot’s worth? | 知道奖金有多少了吗? |
[18:54] | Enough to get me a down payment on a Main Line mansion. | 够我付市中心公寓的首付了 |
[18:57] | Walk-in closet… | 宽大的衣帽间… |
[19:00] | full of high-heel shoes. | 放满高跟鞋 |
[19:02] | More tickets we get, the better our chances. | 买的彩票越多 中奖的机会越大 |
[19:07] | Mama could use a new pair of shoes. | 妈妈需要一双新鞋了 |
[19:10] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[19:13] | Going through the probate papers, found this: | 查了遗嘱检验文件 发现了这个: |
[19:15] | a Nikki Dubinski opened a credit card using Ed’s name and social. | Nikki Dubinski用Ed的名字 和社会保险号开了一张信用卡 |
[19:20] | Week before he died. | 在他死前一周 |
[19:21] | Ed’s fiancee– they ever married? | Ed的未婚妻– 他们没结婚吗? |
[19:23] | Well, looks like she was enjoying an extended stay at the Four Seasons | 看来在他发现那张卡前 |
[19:26] | when he found out about the card. | 她在四季饭店住得挺快活 |
[19:28] | Froze the account, | 冻结了账户 |
[19:29] | and she was arrested for credit card fraud. | 而她因为信用卡欺诈罪被捕了 |
[19:32] | Nikki Dubinski, | |
[19:34] | Nicole Atkins, | |
[19:36] | Nikki von Haven. Quite a sheet. | Nikki von Haven 案底一大堆 |
[19:38] | Fraud charges were dropped after Ed’s murder. | 欺诈指控在Ed被害后被撤销 |
[19:40] | Lucky lady. | 幸运的女人 |
[19:41] | Know where she is? | 知道在哪儿能找到她吗? |
[19:42] | Faxed her photo to a few of the high-end hotels | 把她的照片传真去了一些高级酒店 |
[19:44] | and just got a call back from the Hardtmore. | 但只从Hardtmore得到了回音 |
[19:47] | The concierge recognized her as one of the ladies | 看门人认出她就是经常在 |
[19:49] | on the four-star lounge bar circuit. | 出现在4星级酒吧里的一位女人 |
[19:52] | Oh… happy hunting for her next millionaire. | 噢…寻找下一位百万富翁 |
[20:00] | Macallan 18, neat. | 麦卡伦18 不加冰 |
[20:09] | Old school Scotch man. I like that. | 传统的苏格兰人 我喜欢 |
[20:12] | Nicole Gillette. Pleased to meet you. | Nicole Gillette 很高兴认识你 |
[20:14] | John Stillman– the pleasure is mine. | John Stillman–是我的荣幸 |
[20:17] | I’m thinking finance or pharmaceuticals. | 我想你从事金融或医药品行业 |
[20:20] | – Close? – Not quite. | – 猜对了吗? – 不对 |
[20:25] | Try not to make a scene, Nikki. | 别把事情弄大了 Nikki |
[20:27] | Hate to snatch you up out of here in front of all these nice, rich people. | 我可不想在 这些体面的有钱人面前逮捕你 |
[20:35] | Ooh. Oh, my. | 噢 噢 天 |
[20:38] | I see three different names, Nikki. | 我看到了3个不同的名字 Nikki |
[20:39] | What’s the matter, fellas, | 到底是什么事 帅哥 |
[20:41] | slow night in Killadelphia? | 费城长夜漫漫? |
[20:43] | Ed Dubinski. Your late fianc?. | Ed Dubinski 你已故的未婚夫?. |
[20:45] | I’m aware. | 我知道 |
[20:46] | Someone used his ATM card looking for money. | 有人在ATM机上用了他的银行卡 |
[20:48] | A little pillow talk, figured you knew his PIN. | 吹吹枕头风 就能套出他的密码 |
[20:51] | I don’t know anything about that or Ed’s murder. | 我不知道他的密码和Ed的谋杀案件 |
[20:55] | Do I look like a killer? | 我看起来像杀人犯吗? |
[20:56] | Takes all kinds… | 任何人都有可能… |
[20:58] | even pretty ones. | 美女也不例外 |
[21:00] | Look, Ed knew the deal. | 听着 Ed清楚我们之间的关系 |
[21:02] | He enjoyed my company, | 他享受有我的陪伴 |
[21:03] | but we both knew it wasn’t built to last. | 但我们都知道关系是不会长久的 |
[21:08] | Two guys out front just repoed your little race car, Ed. | 前面有两个家伙拖走了你的赛车 Ed |
[21:11] | Really? | 是吗? |
[21:12] | What, you don’t care? | 怎么 你不在乎? |
[21:14] | You got checks bouncing all over town. | 你的支票到处被退票 |
[21:16] | Hell, the pool boy even quit. | 见鬼 连泳池清洁工也辞职了 |
[21:18] | Is that before or after you slept with him? | 是在你和他睡之前还是之后发生的事? |
[21:21] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[21:22] | I know how this works, Nikki. | 我知道是怎么回事 Nikki |
[21:25] | It’s been a good ride, but it’s time for me to get off. | 我们在一起很开心 但是时候结束了 |
[21:27] | No, it’s time for you to get off your duff, Ed. | 不 是时候好好清理一下了Ed |
[21:29] | Get it together and figure out what you want. | 理清思路 想想你到底想要什么 |
[21:32] | You know what, you’re right. | 你知道吗 你说得对 |
[21:35] | I want you to keep the ring. | 你还是留着那戒指吧 |
[21:37] | So, that’s it? | 就这样? |
[21:38] | It’s time for me to get my house in order. | 我是该收拾收拾房子了 |
[21:39] | Well, I’d start by paying your property tax bill. | 我会先付你的财产税的 |
[21:42] | It’s three months late. | 已经晚了3个月了 |
[21:44] | I don’t know which was worse, Nikki… | 我真的不知道哪个更糟 Nikki… |
[21:46] | winning the lotto or meeting you. | 中了彩票还是遇见你 |
[21:51] | That was the beginning of the end for Ed. | 从那个时候开始 Ed就完了 |
[21:53] | Went into a tailspin when he couldn’t buy his daddy’s love. | 当他没法用钱买来他爸爸的爱时 他就开始走下坡路了 |
[21:56] | Evidently yours, neither. | 很明显 你也一样 |
[21:57] | What happened to the rest of Ed’s money? | 剩下的钱 Ed都花哪儿了? |
[22:00] | He was all but broke by the time he moved back to Fishtown | 当他夹着尾巴 灰溜溜的回到Fishtown的时候 |
[22:02] | with his tail between his legs. | 他已经什么都没有了 |
[22:04] | Where were you the night Ed was shot? | Ed中枪的那个晚上 你在哪儿? |
[22:05] | With a lawyer from Chestnut Hill. | 跟一个从Chestnut Hill来的律师在一起 |
[22:08] | I’d call him at work. | 我会说 他是在工作 |
[22:11] | His wife’s a real bitch on wheels. | 他老婆是个脾气很坏的婊子 |
[22:15] | Found some big gaps in Weaver’s paperwork. | 我在Weaver的文件里发现了漏洞 |
[22:17] | Yeah? How so? | 是吗? 怎么回事儿? |
[22:18] | For one thing, he charged him 20% off the top. | 一开始 他就收了他总收入的20% |
[22:21] | 20%?! He should have just hit the guy over the head. | 20%?! 他应该直接把他打傻 |
[22:24] | Hmm. And Weaver only put the minimum down on all of Ed’s hard assets. | 而且Weaver只记录了 他所有不动产的最小部分 |
[22:27] | his house, his car. | 他的房子和车子 |
[22:28] | To put the cash into bonds? | 把钱都变成债券了? |
[22:29] | Or so he said, | 或许他会这么说 |
[22:30] | but it looks like he was moving money in and out of his accounts. | 但是看起来他一直在动他的钱 |
[22:33] | Using Ed’s money as a float. | 他拿Ed的钱做流动资金 |
[22:35] | Hmm. Maybe to shore up other clients’ accounts? | 也许是拿去填补别的客户的账户了? |
[22:36] | Robbing Peter to pay Paul. | 拆东墙补西墙 |
[22:38] | I checked with the Board of Standards for certified financial planners. | 我今天到注册财务策划师部门查了一下 |
[22:41] | Ed filed a formal grievance against Weaver just before his murder. | Ed被杀之前 刚刚递交了一份文件投诉Weaver |
[22:45] | Could have taken away Weaver’s license. | 这很可能会让Weaver的执照被没收 |
[22:47] | A/V unit found something else. | 录像带上发现了点儿线索 |
[22:49] | Check it out. | 看看这个 |
[22:51] | Also found him with three other Powerball winners around the state. | 还发现他和州里 其他三个彩票的大玩家在一起 |
[22:55] | Lottery millionaires were his racket. | 那些中了几百万彩票的人 就是他的财神 |
[22:57] | Johnny on the spot. | 真奇怪 |
[22:58] | Makes you wonder how he keeps getting there first. | 怎么会那么巧他总会第一时间赶到呢 |
[23:02] | You know what I’d get? | 知道我会买什么么? |
[23:04] | A new Bugatti. | 一辆新的布加迪老爷车 |
[23:06] | It’s mad torque, over 600 ponies. | 它的扭矩 马力超过600 |
[23:09] | Only built 300 of them. | 而只用力300的材料 |
[23:10] | Well, you ain’t getting boo-gatti | 你不会有机会的 |
[23:11] | ’cause you didn’t pony up for the pool. | 因为你买的彩票太少了 |
[23:14] | What? What? It’s not too late, is it? | 什么? 什么? 还不太晚 对吧? |
[23:16] | Sorry, pal. Next time. | 对不起了 伙计 下次吧 |
[23:18] | Oh, wait a minute. Wait a minute. | 等等 等等 |
[23:19] | Hey, hey, hey, here, come on. | 等等 等一下 |
[23:22] | Well… | |
[23:25] | – Nice. – Whoa. | 太好了 |
[23:28] | What the hell? | 怎么搞的? |
[23:31] | Look at this. | 看看 |
[23:34] | Are you serious? | 开玩笑吧? |
[23:36] | Punkass bitch! | 王八蛋! |
[23:39] | Punkass bitch? | 王八蛋? |
[23:41] | You do this to my car, pal? | 你把我车弄成这样的 朋友? |
[23:42] | Huh? You the guy that been calling me? | 就是你一直打电话给我? |
[23:44] | Oh, man, you guys are cops? | 你们是警察? |
[23:46] | Yeah, you got two seconds | 对 再晚两秒钟 |
[23:47] | before you catch the beating of your life, moron. | 你就得被揍死 傻子 |
[23:49] | What is your problem, man? | 你有毛病吗? |
[23:50] | My problem? He slept with my wife. | 我有毛病? 他睡了我老婆 |
[23:52] | What? | 什么? |
[23:53] | – Who’s your wife? – Frankie. | – 谁是你老婆? |
[23:55] | She’s my wife. | 她是我老婆 |
[24:05] | ??? going, Roger. | 知道我们查到了什么 Roger |
[24:07] | We found the lottery official | 我们发现那个彩票工作人员 |
[24:08] | who had been feeding you names and addresses of the latest winners. | 一直在给你中奖人的地址和姓名 |
[24:12] | Gerald Malone. | |
[24:13] | Just lost his job. | 他刚刚丢了工作 |
[24:14] | But he is willing to testify that you paid him for the referrals. | 但是他很愿意出庭作证 是你贿赂他的 |
[24:18] | I don’t believe this. | 我不相信 |
[24:19] | Working stiff like Ed never had a chance with your paws on his money. | 像Ed那样的工薪阶层 在钱的事上 哪有你精明 |
[24:22] | I have been a certified financial planner for over 15 years. | 我是持证的财务策划师 我已经干了15年了 |
[24:25] | Certified scam artist. | 持证的骗子 |
[24:27] | Securing bad loans, making a mess of his money. | 弄了一大堆的呆帐 把他的钱弄得一团糟 |
[24:29] | But no bailout for Ed. | 但是没替Ed抽资 |
[24:31] | He had to file a grievance with the board. | 他向委员会投诉你了 |
[24:33] | You would have lost your license. | 你很可能会丢掉执照 |
[24:34] | He was gonna have you prosecuted. | 他要告发你 |
[24:36] | But a guy like you would never let that happen. | 但是像你这样的人 是绝不允许这样的事儿发生的 |
[24:38] | What’s, what’s going on? | 怎么…怎么回事儿? |
[24:40] | You think that I had something to do with Ed’s murder? | 你们觉得我和Ed的死有关? |
[24:42] | I’m sure the DA would find your attempt to cover up fraud | 我想地方检察官肯定会相信 |
[24:45] | and larceny pretty compelling motive, Roger. | 你因为企图掩盖诈骗和 非法侵占的罪名而杀了他 Roger |
[24:47] | This is ridiculous. I didn’t kill Ed. | 这太可笑了 我没杀了Ed |
[24:50] | He almost killed me. | 他几乎杀了我 |
[24:51] | You got to take the long view, Ed. | 你一定要从长远来看 Ed |
[24:54] | Now, the market– it took an unexpected turn. | 现在 市场不太正常 |
[24:56] | Your investments are down for the moment. | 你的投资现在不太好 |
[24:58] | They’re gonna rebound at some juncture. | 但是在某个时机它肯定会反弹的 |
[25:00] | – How long? – Hard to say. | – 多久? – 这很难说 |
[25:02] | Five, maybe ten years. | 也许5到10年 |
[25:03] | But-but I… I still got some money, right? | 但是… 我还有点儿钱 是吧? |
[25:05] | Well, cash flow’s a little light right now. | 现金流通现在还可以 |
[25:07] | No more toys for a while. | 最近一段不能再买玩具了 |
[25:09] | Uh, my house, my-my car– is that some… | 我的房子 我的车 不是… |
[25:11] | Well, the good news is that we can use the equity left in your house | 好消息是你房子里的东西 |
[25:14] | to pay off the rest of your debts. | 还可以用来还清你的债务 |
[25:15] | And, uh, thanks to me, | 而且 幸亏有我 |
[25:17] | you still have your old apartment. | 你还有你那个旧的公寓 |
[25:19] | Thanks to you? | 幸亏有你? |
[25:20] | Yeah. I held the lease termination, | 对 幸好我有终止合约的权力 |
[25:22] | just in case you needed someplace to go back to. | 就是怕你有需要的一天 |
[25:24] | Now, most people aren’t as lucky. | 不是所有人都这么走运 |
[25:25] | Lucky? You call this lucky? | 走运? 你说这是走运? |
[25:28] | Back to square one is what it’s looking like. | 这样看起来一切都回到了起点 |
[25:29] | Ah, come on, Ed. | 行了 Ed |
[25:30] | – That’s a cynical way of looking at it… – Shut up! | – 你这样看是愤世嫉俗… – 闭嘴! |
[25:34] | I just, uh… I want to know… | 我只是… 我想知道… |
[25:38] | I want to know how much money I have in the bank right now, | 我想知道 我现在在银行里还有多少钱 |
[25:40] | – this very second. – Around $100,000, | – 现在 – 大约10万 |
[25:42] | but I wouldn’t recommend touching that money right now, Ed. | 但是我不建议你动这笔钱 Ed |
[25:44] | I’m gonna fix this. Come on, let’s go. Now. | 就这些吧 快点儿走 马上 |
[25:46] | What? Where? | 什么? 去哪儿? |
[25:49] | You’re going downstairs with me to the bank so I can get my money. | 下楼跟我去银行 取钱 |
[25:55] | 100 grand in cash? | 10万现金? |
[25:57] | He put it in the briefcase. | 他把这笔钱放在了手提箱里 |
[25:58] | Just walked right out of the bank. | 就那么走出了银行大门 |
[26:00] | Couple days later, I heard he was shot. | 几天以后 我听说他死了 |
[26:03] | Where were you that night? | 那天晚上你在哪儿? |
[26:04] | I had to meet a new client, Suzanne McGee. | 见一个新客户 Suzanne McGee |
[26:06] | – Hmm. – Lottery winner from Allentown. | Allen镇的彩票中奖人 |
[26:09] | Curious. | 我很好奇 |
[26:09] | You even feel anything after hosing a guy like that? | 在你欺骗了这样的一个人以后 你有什么感觉? |
[26:14] | Let’s be honest, Detective. | 说实话 警官 |
[26:16] | Wasn’t like he earned it. | 这钱也不是他挣得 |
[26:23] | Called the IRS and the SEC. | 我打电话给国税局和证�还芾砦�员会 |
[26:25] | They’d like to have a little talk with you | 他们都想跟你谈谈 |
[26:26] | about all the money you earned, Roger. | 你的钱是怎么赚来的 Roger |
[26:33] | Hey. | |
[26:36] | Met a guy last night, says he knows you. | 昨晚遇见了一个人 他说认识你 |
[26:39] | Hmm. Guy who knows me? | 认识我? |
[26:40] | Yeah. Your husband, Billy. | 对 你丈夫Billy |
[26:46] | You’re kidding me. | 你开玩笑 |
[26:47] | Wish I was. | 但愿吧 |
[26:50] | We’re separated. | 我们分居了 |
[26:51] | We have been for a while. | 已经有一段日子了 |
[26:52] | Does he know that? | 他知道吗? |
[26:55] | What happened? | 发生什么了? |
[26:58] | He jumped me outside of Jones, Frankie. | 他突然从后面蹦出来 Frankie |
[27:00] | Oh, my God, I’m so sorry. | 天哪 真对不起 |
[27:03] | But you’re okay? Did you hurt him? | 你没事儿吧?你没打他吧? |
[27:06] | When were you planning on telling me about this? | 你打算什么时候告诉我? |
[27:08] | I mean, that’s why you’re staying at the hotel, ain’t it? | 所以你才会住在酒店 对吧? |
[27:10] | Look, it’s over. | 我们已经结束了 |
[27:12] | We’re just working some stuff out. | 我们只是正在处理一些事儿 |
[27:15] | Oh, this isn’t gonna be a problem, is it? | 这不是问题 不是吗? |
[27:18] | I’m thinking, yeah. | 我觉得 是个问题 |
[27:20] | So… So, we’re off for tonight? | 那么… 那么 我们今晚的约会取消了? |
[27:27] | No, Detective Jeffries is not here. | 没有 Jeffries警官不在 |
[27:30] | What time’s the kid getting arraigned? | 那孩子什么时候被传讯的? |
[27:32] | Valentine? | 情人节那天? |
[27:34] | Got it. I’ll make sure he gets it. | 知道了 我保证告诉他 |
[27:39] | Money goes to the schools, right? | 钱是捐给学校的 是吗? |
[27:40] | Sure, boss. | 当然了 头儿 |
[27:42] | Could also buy a hell of a boat. | 也可以买艘船 |
[27:45] | Aloha. | Aloha (夏威夷人问候语) |
[27:48] | Where are we on Ed’s missing cash? | Ed失踪的钱查得怎么样了? |
[27:49] | Well, checked all bank accounts, safety deposit boxes. | 查了所有的银行账户和保险箱 |
[27:52] | Even Ed’s old locker at the auto garage. | 甚至是Ed以前在修车厂的柜子 |
[27:54] | No briefcase, no money. | 没有皮箱 没有钱 |
[27:56] | Just got off the phone with his landlord. | 刚和他以前的房主通过电话 |
[27:57] | Said a woman was rooting around Ed’s storage unit in the parking garage | 他说一个女的在Ed停车场的 储物间里找过东西 |
[28:01] | the day of the shooting. | 就在他被害的那天 |
[28:02] | Get a description? | 能描述一下嘛? |
[28:04] | Medium height, brown hair, mid-twenties. | 中等身高 棕色头发 20几岁 |
[28:06] | Wearing a SwiftMart uniform. | 穿着SwiftMart的制服 |
[28:09] | Thought you just knew Ed from the store, Shelly. | 我以为你和Ed只在店里见面呢 Shelly |
[28:11] | Uh, well, yeah. | 哦 是呀 |
[28:13] | I mean, he used to come in there all the time. | 他以前总是来 |
[28:15] | So what were you doing at his place, | 那你到他住的地方干什么去了 |
[28:17] | rummaging around his storage unit? | 在他的储物间里到处乱翻? |
[28:19] | What? | 什么? |
[28:20] | I wasn’t rummaging. | 我没翻找东西 |
[28:21] | What were you looking for? | 你在找什么? |
[28:22] | I was just… Nothing. | 我只是… 没什么 |
[28:25] | I was returning his bike. | 我是还他的自行车 |
[28:26] | He let me borrow it. | 他借给我的 |
[28:27] | – His bike? – Yeah. | – 他的自行车? – 对 |
[28:28] | He lent it to me ’cause my car broke down. | 因为我的车坏了 所以他就把自行车借给了我 |
[28:30] | He gave me the key to his storage unit. | 他把储藏间的钥匙给了我 |
[28:32] | When was this? The day before. | – 什么时候? – 前一天 |
[28:34] | I had no way to get to class after work. | 下班以后我没法去学校 |
[28:36] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[28:39] | He lend you his bank card, too? | 他把银行卡也借给你了吗? |
[28:40] | What? No. | 什么? 没有 |
[28:41] | I dropped my car off at the shop, | 我把车放在维修店那儿 |
[28:43] | and George told me that Ed had just moved back. | George告诉我 Ed搬回来了 |
[28:47] | I heard what happened to him, | 我听说了他的事儿 |
[28:48] | so I stopped by to cheer him up. | 所以就过去安慰安慰他 |
[28:53] | Shelly. | |
[28:55] | Can I come in? | 能进来吗? |
[28:56] | Oh, yeah. Uh, come on in. Sorry. | 哦 当然 进来 对不起 |
[28:58] | Heard you were back. | 听说你回来了 |
[29:00] | Just wanted to stop by and say hello. | 就过来打个招呼 |
[29:03] | Brought you some cupcakes. | 给你带了些蛋糕来 |
[29:04] | Wow. Cupcakes. | 蛋糕 |
[29:07] | Thanks. Hey, um, do you want a beer? | 谢谢 来瓶啤酒? |
[29:09] | Sure. | 当然 |
[29:13] | Figured you could use some cheering up. | 我想能让你高兴点儿 |
[29:14] | First, thought maybe I’d bring you a dog from the animal shelter. | 一开始想去动物避难所去给你领条狗的 |
[29:19] | Yeah. I’ll stick with the cupcakes. | 真的 还是蛋糕吧 |
[29:21] | Oh, you don’t like animals? | 你不喜欢动物? |
[29:23] | No, I… I, uh… I do. | 不 我… 我… 我喜欢 |
[29:24] | I had a dog when I was a kid. | 小时候 我有过一条狗 |
[29:26] | Oh, yeah? What kind? | 真的?什么狗? |
[29:27] | Just a mutt. | 就是一般的小狗 |
[29:28] | Um, we named him after that weird museum on, | 我们用大西洋的Boardwalk的博物馆 |
[29:30] | uh, the Boardwalk in Atlantic City. | 给它起的名字 |
[29:32] | – Ripley? – Yeah. | – 对 |
[29:34] | Yeah, he was always happy to see you. | 他肯定挺高兴看见你的 |
[29:35] | Oh, yeah, mutts are the best. | 对 小狗挺好的 |
[29:38] | Never let you down, less disease. | 从来不让你失望 也不生病 |
[29:40] | But when he did get sick, you know, we just… | 但是当它真的生病了 我们… |
[29:41] | we just didn’t have the money to take him to a vet. | 我们也没钱带它看医生 |
[29:44] | That’s what you want to do, right, be a vet? | 所以你特别想 做个兽医? |
[29:46] | Trying. It’s hard. | 正在努力 太难了 |
[29:48] | You know, going to school and holding down a job. | 你知道 既要上学又要工作 |
[29:51] | Yeah. | 对 |
[29:54] | How’s your… How’s your car? | 你的…你的车怎么样了? |
[29:55] | Ugh! Worse. | 坏的更厉害了 |
[29:57] | It’s making this horrible noise. | 声还是不对 |
[29:59] | Hmm. Right when you turn it on? | 就在一打火的时候? |
[30:01] | Yeah, it’s like it’s screaming in pain. | 对 就好像是人痛的直哭 |
[30:03] | Yeah. Probably just a belt. | 对 可能就是皮带的事儿 |
[30:05] | Drop it off at the shop? | 放在维修店了? |
[30:06] | Oh, I did, but they said they don’t know what was wrong with it. | 是 但是他们说不知道哪儿有毛病 |
[30:10] | It’s just dying, | 那车就是不行了 |
[30:12] | but I can’t afford a new one. | 但是我又买不起新的 |
[30:13] | I can fix it. | 我能修 |
[30:14] | Oh, I thought you were done with that place. | 我以为你不会再回去修车了 |
[30:15] | I’ll just call Tommy. | 我会打电话给Tommy |
[30:16] | I mean, he’s always looking for a good mechanic. | 他一直在找好的技师 |
[30:18] | Yeah, me, too. | 对 我也是 |
[30:23] | I mean, um… | 我是说… |
[30:25] | if that’s what you want to do. | 如果你真的想这样 |
[30:28] | Yeah. | 对 |
[30:31] | It sure is. | 我当然想 |
[30:36] | Thanks, Shelly. | 谢谢 Shelly |
[30:38] | Why’re you thanking me? | 为什么谢我? |
[30:43] | Ed left me a message to pick up my car. | Ed给我留了信息 让我去取车 |
[30:46] | The garage said I owed them two grand for the work. | 可是修车厂说我欠他们2千块 |
[30:49] | Told them, no thanks. | 我就告诉他们 谢谢了 不用了 |
[30:50] | I’ll take the bus. | 我还是坐公交车吧 |
[30:53] | Ed happen to mention if he had any money left? | Ed有没有提到 他有没有留下钱? |
[30:55] | No, and I didn’t ask him. | 没有 我没问他 |
[30:58] | Honestly… | 说实话… |
[31:00] | I think he was glad to be rid of it. | 我觉得他很高兴能摆脱钱的事儿 |
[31:09] | You see what I see? | 你和我想的一样吗? |
[31:10] | Ripley. | |
[31:11] | Man’s best friend. | 人类的好朋友 |
[31:13] | Ed’s childhood dog. | Ed小时候的狗 |
[31:16] | Dear old sis figured out his PIN number? | 亲爱的姐姐破译了他的密码? |
[31:19] | That, or she knew it all along. | 也许 也可能是她一直都知道 |
[31:23] | ??how Ed’s probate works, Pam. | 能告诉我们Ed的遗嘱检验怎么样了吗 Pam |
[31:26] | Wish I could. It’s been such a headache. | 我很想告诉你们 可是 一直都让人很头痛 |
[31:29] | Been almost two years since Ed died, and it still isn’t closed? | Ed死了有两年了 还没结束? |
[31:31] | It’s so frustrating, but first, | 阻挠很多 首先 |
[31:33] | they have to close out all his accounts. | 他们必须关闭他所有的账户 |
[31:34] | So it’s possible that there’s an active account still out there | 所以很可能还有一个 |
[31:37] | in Ed’s name with money in it? | Ed名下的账户还在活动? |
[31:39] | I don’t think so. I don’t know. | 我不这么想 我不知道 |
[31:41] | You’re not even curious? | 你不好奇吗? |
[31:42] | I mean, you’ve waited so long. | 你等了那么长的时间 |
[31:46] | What are you talking about? | 你什么意思? |
[31:47] | You remember the name of the dog you and Ed had as kids? | 你还记得你和Ed小时候养的狗? |
[31:49] | Our dog? You mean Ripley? | 我们的狗? 你是说Ripley? |
[31:51] | Ripley. That’s it. | Ripley 对 |
[31:52] | – Yeah. Great name. – Of course. | – 对 很大气的名字 – 当然 |
[31:54] | I brought him home for Ed after our dad took off. | 爸爸走了以后 我买给Ed的 |
[31:57] | Ed loved that dog. | Ed很爱那条狗 |
[31:59] | Even used his name for a PIN number. | 爱到用它的名字做密码 |
[32:02] | But you already knew that. | 但是你早就知道了 |
[32:04] | What? Wait a minute. I- I don’t… | 什么?等等 我…我不知道… |
[32:05] | Looked into your hardware store. | 我们查了你的五金店 |
[32:06] | The bank’s got a lien on it. | 银行有它的扣押权 |
[32:10] | Marty and I have had some debt issues. | Marty和我是有债务问题 |
[32:12] | Say, your real estate venture. loft conversions, wasn’t it? | 你是说你的不动产投资 那个旧房改造 是吗? |
[32:16] | Yeah, that market went south after Ed died. | 对 Ed死后那个市场也搬到南方了 |
[32:19] | You slog through two long years waiting for Ed’s probate to close. | 两年来你们那么艰难 就是在等Ed的遗嘱检验结束 |
[32:23] | His debts get paid off, | 他的债务付清了 |
[32:25] | and you’re still left with nothing. | 而你一毛钱也拿不到 |
[32:26] | How’s that happen? | 怎么会这样? |
[32:27] | Eight million to zero in six months. | 6个月 8百万就没了 |
[32:29] | What is this? | 这是什么? |
[32:30] | I mean, I’d be dying to check | 我也特别想要知道 |
[32:31] | the balance of that last outstanding account, too. | 最后的未消账目有多少 |
[32:34] | Especially if I had Ed’s bank card. | 尤其是如果我有Ed的银行卡 |
[32:37] | No. | 不 |
[32:39] | I loved my brother. | 我爱我弟弟 |
[32:41] | We… argued over money, | 我们…是因为钱的事儿起过争执 |
[32:44] | but we were still family. | 但是我们始终是一家人 |
[32:48] | We’re converting each floor into a loft space. | 我们正把每一层都转成仓储式的 |
[32:51] | The kitchen will go here. | 厨房在那儿 |
[32:53] | And the living room… | 起居室… |
[32:55] | will go here. | 在那儿 |
[32:56] | Wow. | |
[32:58] | It looks really, really good, Pam. | 看着真的太好太好了 Pam |
[33:01] | Yeah. | 对 |
[33:02] | well, careful. | 小心点儿 |
[33:03] | Good luck. | 你运气真好 |
[33:06] | Ran into a little bad luck, Ed. | 我运气不好 Ed |
[33:08] | That’s why I asked you here. | 所以才会找你来 |
[33:13] | Marty miscalculated a couple things in the budget. | Marty预算里做错了几处地方 |
[33:16] | But with your help, | 但是有你的帮助 |
[33:17] | we can still get these lofts completed on schedule. | 我们还是能把这里按时完工 |
[33:19] | What happened to the check I gave Marty three weeks ago? | 3周前 我给Marty的支票呢? |
[33:23] | The other 50,000? | 那5万块? |
[33:24] | I didn’t know about that. | 我不知道 |
[33:27] | I’m sorry, Pam. | 对不起 Pam |
[33:28] | I just can’t invest any more money in this. | 我不能再在这里投钱了 |
[33:33] | You spent $150,000 on a race car, | 你花15万买了辆跑车 |
[33:36] | and you won’t help us out with a real investment? | 却不愿意真的投资帮我们? |
[33:38] | The car was stupid. | 买那辆车是件蠢事 |
[33:39] | Blowing all that cash, | 我花了所有的钱 |
[33:40] | but so is trying to solve erybody else’s problems. | 但是也在试着解决所有人的问题 |
[33:43] | Everyone else? | 所有人的? |
[33:46] | It just complicates things, Pam. | 这件事儿太复杂了 Pam |
[33:50] | In a bad way. | 而且是很不好的复杂 |
[33:53] | You’re right. I’m sorry. | 你说得对 对不起 |
[33:57] | – Don’t worry about us. – Yeah? | – 别担心我们 – 真的吗? |
[33:58] | You guys are going to be all right? | 你们会没事儿? |
[34:00] | Yeah. Of course. | 对 当然 |
[34:01] | – Okay. – We have other options. | – 好的 – 我们还有其他选择 |
[34:03] | Business line of credit, home equity line, yeah. | 我还可以透支借款 还可以抵押房产 |
[34:06] | We’ll be fine. | 我们会没事儿的 |
[34:10] | Question is, are you going to be okay? | 问题是 你不会有事儿吧? |
[34:11] | Yeah. | 对 |
[34:12] | I’m just trying to get back to where I started. | 我只是回到了起点而已 |
[34:16] | Are you completely broke, Ed? | 你是完全破产了吗 Ed? |
[34:18] | Hey, I got my old job back. | 我又去老地方上班了 |
[34:22] | I think everything’s going to work out all right. | 我想一切都会好起来的 |
[34:27] | I was so embarrassed. | 我当时很尴尬 |
[34:29] | It’s hard enough to ask someone for money. | 开口跟人借钱就已经很难了 |
[34:33] | It must’ve been even harder for Ed to turn us down. | Ed拒绝我们 对他来说一定更难 |
[34:35] | So your husband never told you | 所以你丈夫没告诉你 |
[34:37] | he had already hit Ed up for $50,000? | Ed已经给了他5万? |
[34:39] | Marty got in over his head. | Marty很受打击 |
[34:40] | He’d shut down whenever I brought up money. | 我一问他钱的事儿 他就不出声 |
[34:43] | This is a consent form. | 这是一份同意书 |
[34:45] | It allows us to search your store. | 允许我们搜查你的商店 |
[34:48] | The store? I don’t understand. | 商店? 我不明白 |
[34:50] | Well, it would just help us to clear both you and your husband. | 这才能帮你和你丈夫洗清冤屈 |
[34:53] | Marty? But that’s ridiculous. | Marty?但是这太可笑了 |
[34:55] | You don’t think for a minute that Marty… | 你们不会以为Marty… |
[34:59] | Do I need a lawyer? | 我需要律师吗? |
[35:01] | Only if you have something to hide. | 除非你有要隐瞒的事儿 |
[35:20] | That’s a filthy habit, Marty. | 这个习惯可不好 Marty |
[35:23] | I had a girlfriend, | 我以前有个女朋友 |
[35:25] | chewed her nails. | 也爱咬指甲 |
[35:26] | It drove me crazy. | 这差点儿让我疯了 |
[35:28] | Yeah, I guess, you take it all on yourself, huh? | 我想 你一直都是自己处理所有的事儿? |
[35:30] | Running a business, paying the bills… | 经营店 付账单… |
[35:32] | – Why am I here, Detective? – I’m just saying, | – 叫我来干什么 警官? – 我说 |
[35:34] | if I got myself into money trouble, | 如果有钱方面的问题 |
[35:36] | I’d have a chat with the little lady. | 就和那个矮个子女士聊聊吧 |
[35:38] | You know, not be a coward about it, that’s all. | 你知道不用觉得丢人 |
[35:42] | I know how to handle my own business, thank you. | 我知道怎么处理我自己的事儿 谢谢 |
[35:44] | Is that why your wife had to go beg her brother for more money? | 你处理的结果就是 你妻子去跟他弟弟借钱? |
[35:48] | – After you? – Pam told you that. | – 还是在你去过以后? – Pam告诉你的 |
[35:50] | Also said you screwed up big time on that loft project. | 还说你搞砸了那个改建的项目 都让你弄砸了 |
[35:53] | No, we just need enough to get started with the construction, | 没有 只要有足够的钱 我们就能重新开始建 |
[35:56] | – that’s it. – He already gave you a hundred-K. | – 就这样 – 他已经给了你几万块 |
[35:58] | Hell, I’d have turned you down, too. | 要是我也会拒绝你的 |
[35:59] | A hundred thousand was nothing! | 几万块对他根本是九牛一毛! |
[36:02] | He had eight million. | 他有8百万 |
[36:03] | Did you even like your brother-in-law, Marty? | 你喜欢过你妻子的弟弟吗 Marty? |
[36:06] | Yeah, I did. | 当然 |
[36:09] | I loved Ed. | 我爱Ed |
[36:12] | I treated him like he was my own. | 我对他就像对自己的弟弟 |
[36:14] | And he repaid you by saying “no” | 而他对你的回报却是”不行” |
[36:16] | – when you needed him most. – Are we finished here? | – 当你最需要他的时候 – 我们说完了吗? |
[36:18] | Sit down! | 坐下! |
[36:21] | Where were you night Ed got shot? | Ed死的那天晚上 你在哪儿? |
[36:23] | Where I am every night. | 在我每天都在的地方 |
[36:24] | Home with Pam. Ask her. | 和Pam在家里 你可以问她 |
[36:27] | He was with me, watching TV. | 他和我一起看电视 |
[36:30] | – Thank you. – Watching what? | – 谢谢 – 看的什么? |
[36:35] | I don’t know, um… | 不知道… |
[36:37] | Uh… uh,Wheel of Fortune. | … 好像是轮盘赌 |
[36:41] | The rest of the night? | 看了一整晚? |
[36:44] | And Marty never went out? | Marty一直没出去? |
[36:47] | I mean, um… | 我是说… |
[36:49] | Sometimes he went back to the store to close… | 有时他会回商店关门… |
[36:51] | to clean up; you know, to make sure it was locked up. | 打扫打扫 确认一下门都锁好了 |
[36:53] | Oh, so he left to go back to the store that night? | 那么那天晚上他还是回商店了? |
[36:57] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 我不知道 我不记得了 |
[36:58] | I don’t know. I can’t remember. | 我不知道 我不知道 我不记得了 |
[37:00] | You remember what you were watching, | 你记得看了什么电视 |
[37:01] | but you don’t remember if he went out? | 却不记得他是否出去了? |
[37:04] | Where’s, where is Marty? | Marty…Marty 在哪儿? |
[37:05] | I need to talk to him. | 我想和他谈谈 |
[37:07] | How did he react when you told him | 当你告诉他 Ed不会借你们钱时 |
[37:08] | that Ed wasn’t going to give you the money? | 他什么反应? |
[37:12] | He must’ve been angry, wasn’t he? | 他很生气 是吧? |
[37:13] | What? No. | 什么? 没有 |
[37:16] | No, it wasn’t like that. | 没有 不是那样的 |
[37:18] | Oh, everything you did for him, | 你为他付出那么多 |
[37:19] | raised him when your father couldn’t be bothered. | 你爸爸抛弃你们的时候 是你把他养大了 |
[37:22] | We did what was right. | 我们做的对 |
[37:25] | – What we had to do. – But Ed didn’t. Did he? | – 是我们应该做的 – 但是Ed不是 不是吗? |
[37:29] | The fact that you had to, you know, even ask for money? | 事实是 你们竟然还得 自己开口要钱? |
[37:34] | Marty had a right to be upset. | Marty有权生气 |
[37:36] | No. No, Marty loved Ed. | 不 没有 Marty爱Ed |
[37:45] | He was my brother. | 他是我弟弟 |
[38:08] | Got it. | 找到了 |
[38:19] | $8 million. | 8百万 |
[38:31] | Oh, jeez. | 天哪 |
[38:33] | Marty, you scared me. | Marty 你吓死我了 |
[38:35] | Wait, wait– what are you doing here? | 等等 你在这儿干什么? |
[38:36] | Did you really tell Pam you won’t help us out, Ed? | 你真的跟Pam说 你不会帮我们 Ed? |
[38:38] | Come on, Marty, I’m done talking about money. | 行了 Marty 我不想再谈钱的事儿了 |
[38:40] | Do you know how hard it was to ask you for that? | 你知道张嘴跟你借钱有多难吗? |
[38:45] | Marty, I’m sorry. I can’t pay for your business mistakes. | Marty对不起 我不能为你的错误付钱 |
[38:47] | My mistakes? | 我的错误? |
[38:48] | We had to delay construction, | 我们不得不晚点儿再建 |
[38:50] | because your sister didn’t get the permits. | 是因为你姐姐拿不到执照 |
[38:51] | I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[38:52] | We might lose the store. | 我们可能会失去那个商店 |
[38:54] | – What? – The store, Ed! | – 什么? – 商店 Ed! |
[38:55] | Where you grew up! | 那个你长大的地方! |
[38:57] | Does that mean anything to you? | 对你没意义么? |
[38:58] | Pam didn’t say anything about that. | Pam没提 |
[39:00] | I just… I don’t get it, man. | 我… 我不明白 |
[39:02] | I mean, after all we did for you. | 我们为你付出了那么多 |
[39:05] | All the sacrifices we made for you. | 为你做了那么多牺牲 |
[39:07] | Look, I’m sorry, Marty. | 对不起 Marty |
[39:08] | I can’t give you the money. I don’t have it. | 我给不了你们钱 因为我没有 |
[39:11] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信 |
[39:15] | What are you doing? | 你要干什么? |
[39:18] | I’m sorry, Eddie. | 对不起 Eddie |
[39:19] | The money’s coming to us whether you’re dead or alive. | 不管你是死了还是活着 钱都要是我们的 |
[39:22] | No, it’s not, ’cause it’s all gone. | 不 不是 因为钱都没了 |
[39:24] | That’s not true! | 你撒谎! |
[39:25] | I gave to someone who deserved it. | 我把钱给了应得的人 |
[39:27] | The only person who didn’t ask me for it… | 唯一没跟我要钱的人… |
[39:37] | Well, it turns out, there was more money out there, Pam. | 现在看 结果外面真的还有钱 Pam |
[39:41] | Shame you’ll never see it. | 可惜你永远都看不到了 |
[39:47] | Where did you get this? | 你在哪儿找到的? |
[39:49] | Your dresser drawer. | 你梳妆台的抽屉里 |
[39:50] | The search consent you signed was also for your home. | 你签的那份同意书里 包括我们可以搜查你家 |
[39:56] | Marty… | 不 不是Marty |
[39:56] | No. Not Marty. | 不 不是Marty |
[40:00] | You. | 是你 |
[40:01] | You knew the PIN number. | 你才知道密码 |
[40:04] | The card’s going to have your prints all over it. | 这张卡上到处都是你的指纹 |
[40:07] | You waited so long, | 你等了那么长时间 |
[40:08] | you finally just had to check that account, didn’t you? | 终于去查看了一下账户 不是吗? |
[40:13] | I didn’t shoot my brother. | 我没开枪打我弟弟 |
[40:14] | No, you sent your husband to do the dirty work, | 不 你让你丈夫去做 |
[40:16] | then you tried to throw him under the bus. | 然后好让他背这个黑锅 |
[40:18] | How dare you… | 你怎么敢… |
[40:19] | All you did for Ed, | 你为Ed所做的一切 |
[40:21] | all those years. | 那么些年 |
[40:22] | How could he just blow it all? | 他怎么能说忘就忘了? |
[40:24] | Even gave some to your father. | 他甚至给你们父亲钱 |
[40:26] | – No, he didn’t. – Oh, yes he did, Pam. | – 不 他没有 – 他给了 Pam |
[40:28] | Somehow he cared more about Jack than you. | 不管怎么样 他更关心Jack |
[40:31] | My father was a bum. | 我爸爸就是个流浪汉 |
[40:33] | Without me, they would’ve put Ed into the system. | 没有我 他们早把Ed送到社会福利机构了 |
[40:37] | He was eight years old. | 那时他才8岁 |
[40:38] | And the one time you came to him, | 而就那么一次 你去找他帮忙 |
[40:40] | he turned you down. | 他却拒绝了你 |
[40:42] | I was his sister. And he owed me! | 我是他姐姐 他欠我的! |
[40:48] | …to someone who deserved it. | …给了应得的人 |
[40:49] | The only person who didn’t ask me for it… | 唯一没跟我要钱的人… |
[40:55] | It’s over. | 结束了 |
[41:21] | Oh… | |
[41:38] | *So young and so hungry, so unqualified* | * 那么年轻 那么饥饿 那么没有资格* |
[41:43] | *Don’t want the jobs anyways, no settled life* | *不想再工作 不想再要安定的生活* |
[41:47] | *To get out of here, two options, one chance* | *远离这里 两个选择 一个机会* |
[41:52] | *You joined the army and I started a band* | *你参了军 我组建了乐队* |
[41:57] | *We’ll meet at the bar, we’ll buy us a round* | *我们在酒吧里相见 喝一杯* |
[42:01] | *We’ll toast that we’re back home* | *为我们回到家里而干杯* |
[42:04] | *We’ll toast this damn town* | *为了这个见鬼的镇子干杯* |
[42:06] | *Annie’s still working behind the bar* | *Annie还在酒吧工作* |
[42:10] | *You can buy her a drink, I’ll sleep in the car* | *你可以请他喝一杯 我还睡在车里* |
[42:15] | *Well, let’s go* | *走吧* |
[42:18] | *It’s on the way back home* | *现在已在回家的路上* |
[42:22] | *It’s on the way back home* | *现在已在回家的路上* |
[42:27] | *It’s on the way back home* | *现在已在回家的路上* |
[42:37] | *We’ll be there soon* | *很快我们就会到那里* |
[42:42] | *We’ll be there soon* | *很快我们就会到那里* |
[42:48] | *One of two choices* | *两个选择里的一个* |
[42:50] | *I guess I’ve made mine* | *我想我已经下定决心* |
[42:52] | *I drink in a different town nearly every night* | *我几乎每晚在不同的小镇喝酒* |
[42:57] | *And now you don’t drink for months at a time* | *而你现在几个月才喝一次* |
[43:01] | *I owe you a couple rounds, we’re back home tonight* | *我欠你几杯酒 今晚我们回家* |
[43:06] | *We’ll meet at the bar, we’ll drink to old times* | *我们在酒吧见面 为了逝去的日子干杯* |
[43:11] | *We’ll toast that we’re back home and those left behind* | *为了我们回到了家 为了那些逝去的 干杯* |
[43:16] | *Annie’s still working behind the bar* | *Annie还在酒吧工作* |
[43:20] | *You can buy her a drink and I’ll sleep in the car* | *你可以请她喝一杯 我还住在车里* |
[43:25] | *Let’s go* | *走吧* |
[43:28] | *It’s on the way back home* | *现在已在回家的路上* |
[43:32] | *It’s on the way back home tonight* | *今晚已在回家的路上* |
[43:37] | *It’s on the way back home* | *现在已在回家的路上* |
[43:43] | *We’ll be there soon* | *很快我们就要到家* |
[43:47] | *We’ll be there soon* | *很快我们就要到家* |