时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | the following story is fictional and does not depict actual person or event | 本集故事不影射任何真人真事 (本集观点亦不代表译者观点) |
[00:04] | BOONE STANDS ALONE | BOONE 卓然不群 |
[00:06] | August 14,2005 | 2005年8月14日 |
[00:09] | (“gone “by kanye west ) | |
[00:20] | Where the hell have you been? | 你到哪儿去了? |
[00:22] | You are 20 minutes late,and this is our first actual press for this campaign. | 你迟到了20分钟 这是我们本次竞选中 第一次和媒体接触 |
[00:25] | I’ll make it up to him. | 我会补偿他的 |
[00:26] | It’s going to take a little more than just a charming smile,Dex. | Dex 这不是挂个迷人微笑就能解决的 |
[00:29] | Andwhatdo you have on your feet?! | 你脚上穿的什么鬼东西?! |
[00:31] | You told me to buy the suit. | 你只说让我买西服 |
[00:32] | You didn’t say anything about the shoes. | 又没说要穿什么鞋子 |
[00:36] | Sorry to hold you up. | 不好意思让你久等了 |
[00:37] | I was at the community center. | 我刚才在社区中心 |
[00:39] | Running that center,must certainly get culture shock compared to corporate litigation,eh? | 管理社区中心 一定比为公司打官司 给你带来的文化震撼要大吧? |
[00:43] | No comparin. | 没什么可比性 |
[00:44] | What I do now matters. | 我现在做得事情才有意义 |
[00:46] | So,uh,what made you decide to jump into the tar pit of municipal politics? | 你干嘛要投身本市政坛这个泥潭? |
[00:50] | Look sharp! | 球来了! |
[00:56] | Gonna have to get you boys a real hoop one of these days. | 该给这群孩子找个真正的篮框了 |
[00:58] | Sorry about that.Dex is really dedicated to the kids down here. | 不好意思 Dex对这里的孩子很尽心 |
[01:02] | He’s going to need more dedication to knock Grover Boone off his perch. | 他应该把更多心思放在 怎么把Grover Boone赶下台上 |
[01:05] | Your guy has got no name,no connections,and no money. | 你们没有名气 没有关系 没有钱 |
[01:07] | Well,he’s got something better. | 他有更好的东西 |
[01:09] | Hey,Eric… | 嘿 Eric… |
[01:11] | Heart. | 爱心 |
[01:12] | They move your brother out of the ICU yet? | 你哥哥从重症监护室出来了吗? |
[01:15] | I’m keeping him in my prayers. | 我一直在为他祈祷 |
[01:16] | You need anything,you come see me,you hear? | 你有任何需要 就来找我 知道了吗? |
[01:23] | This boy Eric’s older brother was walking home the other night,caught a stray bullet. | Eric的哥哥某天晚上回家路上 被流弹打伤 |
[01:27] | Local dealers flexing muscle at each other. | 是附近的毒贩正在交火 |
[01:30] | Happens every day out here. | 这样的事情每天都在上演 |
[01:31] | It doesn’t make it right,though,does it? | 但这不表示这种事就是正常的 对吗? |
[01:34] | So to answer your question: That’s why I’m running for city council. | 现在回答你的问题: 这就是我竞选市议员的原因 |
[01:37] | Sixth Street is the biggest drug market in North Philly. | 第六大街是费城北部最大的毒品市场 |
[01:40] | Cops can’t stop it.Boone can’t stop it. | 警察们阻止不了他们 Boone也没办法 |
[01:42] | What are you going to do about it? | 你有什么打算? |
[01:46] | I’m going to shut the whole thing down. | 我一定会把这地区清理干净 |
[02:05] | In other news,police sources said today that murdered city council hopeful, | 据新闻报道 警方称被谋杀的 极有希望当选的市议员候选人 |
[02:08] | Dexter Collins,was in possession of a significant amount of crack cocaine, | Dexter Collins 携带大量的 高纯度可卡因 |
[02:12] | strengthening speculation that the anti-drug candidate struggled with an addiction | 这位声称反对毒品的竞选者 涉嫌滥用毒品 |
[02:16] | that led to his death just five days before the election. | 这也导致了他在离选举日只有5天时 悲剧性死亡 |
[02:26] | Bleeding ulcers,man. | 出血性溃疡 伙计 |
[02:28] | I haven’t eaten in days. | 我都好几天没吃东西了 |
[02:30] | The prison doctors are useless.I can’t take it anymore. | 监狱里的医生一无是处 我实在受不了了 |
[02:34] | That’s something you should’ve considered beforerobbing five liquor stores. | 你抢劫5家酒馆前就该考虑到这个 |
[02:37] | Show some holiday spirit,man.I’m looking at 15 years. | 别那么刻薄 伙计 还有15年的牢狱生涯等着我呢 |
[02:40] | We’re looking at a three-hour drive back to Philly. | 还有3小时回费城的车程等着我们呢 |
[02:42] | Lawyer said you got something to give? | 律师说你有重要线索提供? |
[02:44] | You know that after-hours joint on Susky? | 知道下班后在Susky区的香艳场所吗? |
[02:46] | The Red Rooster? | 那个Red Rooster? |
[02:48] | Got it on good authority a lot of those waitresses are pros. | 那里大多数女招待都是出来卖的 |
[02:54] | What?You’re leaving? | 什么? 你们要走? |
[02:56] | We’re Homicide,Luther.We deal in bodies,not hookers. | 我们调查凶杀案 Luther 我们处理的是尸体 不是妓女 |
[02:58] | You’re as dumb as you look if you think that weak crap is gonna to fly. | 如果以为这种鬼话就能耍我们 那你真是傻得没治了 |
[03:01] | I was just warming up. | 我刚才只是热热身而已 |
[03:03] | I’ll see you in 15. | 15年以后见 |
[03:04] | Dexter Collins? | |
[03:08] | – What about him? – He didn’t get killed by no drugs. | – 你知道他什么事情? – 他不是因为毒品死的 |
[03:11] | He was assassinated.Sixth Street Mafia. | 他是被谋杀 第六大街的黑帮干的 |
[03:15] | And you witnessed this? | 你亲眼所见? |
[03:16] | A crackhead up at Graterford told me on the cell block,when I serving my last bit. | 我上次坐牢时 Graterford监狱 有个瘾君子告诉我的 |
[03:20] | He saw the whole thing go down. | 他看到全过程 |
[03:22] | Let’s talk to the smokehound. | 我们去找他谈谈 |
[03:23] | Dead.TB.Last year. | 去年死了 吸毒过量 |
[03:26] | Happen to ID the doer before he died? | 他死前有指认凶手吗? |
[03:28] | He said he didn’t get a good look. | 他说没看清楚 |
[03:29] | Aw,that’s great.Second-hand BS from a dead witness. | 真不错 一个死了的目击者那里 传来的小道消息 |
[03:32] | Any more garbage you wanna peddle?Hey… | 你还有别的垃圾信息吗? 嘿… |
[03:34] | The gun they used– .40 caliber SIG? | 他们用的枪–点40口径的SIG手枪? |
[03:38] | Y’all ever find it? | 想知道枪在哪儿吗? |
[03:41] | What’s your point? | 你什么意思? |
[03:44] | I know where it is. | 我知道枪在哪里 |
[03:52] | There’s nothing here. | 这里没有 |
[03:54] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[04:09] | 40 caliber SIG Sauer. | 点40口径的Sig Sauer手枪 |
[04:11] | Guess Luther’s not as dumb as he looks. | |
[04:42] | COLD CASE Season 6 Episode 10 street money | |
[04:47] | Dexter Collins,found shot to death on Sixth Street,2:00 in the morning. | Dexter Collins 凌晨2点被发现 在第六大街被枪杀 |
[04:51] | Looked like a drug deal gone bad. | 看起来像是毒品交易出了岔 |
[04:53] | He was 30 years old,raised in the badlands,full ride at Penn,Yale Law,then Wall Street. | 他30岁 贫民区长大 上了宾州大学 耶鲁法学院毕业 然后去了华尔街 |
[04:58] | The guy was a lightweight. | 不是什么响当当的大人物 |
[04:59] | He gave it up to be a community activist.Ran for city council. | 后来转去做社区服务 当时正在竞选市议员 |
[05:01] | Said he was gonna take on the drug dealers. | 据称他想端掉那些毒贩 |
[05:04] | Anti-drug candidate found shot to death with a crack pipe and a fistful of vials. | 反毒品的竞选人最后被枪杀 身边还有吸毒用烟斗和大量毒品 |
[05:09] | The crack thing never jibed to me. | 毒品的事情没有改变我对他的看法 |
[05:11] | He was a reformer.Refused to take “street money. | 他是个改革者 拒绝接受黑钱 |
[05:14] | ” Said he was going to earn votes,not buy them. | 他说自己要靠努力赢得选票 而不是拿钱去买 |
[05:16] | Ward bosses must’ve loved that. | 其他政客们肯定坐着看笑话呢 |
[05:18] | Newspapers went to town after his death.Called him the “Crackhead Candidate. | 他的死引来了大批媒体报道 称他为”瘾君子候选人” |
[05:21] | ” But they never reported this: “The autopsy didn’t find any drugs in Dex’s system. | 但他们没有报道这个: 尸检证明Dex体内没有毒品 |
[05:26] | Maybe he hadn’t used in a while? | 也许他戒了有段时间了? |
[05:27] | Or maybe the drugs were planted. | 或者毒品是别人下的套 |
[05:29] | – Frame job? – This was a nasty campaign. | – 栽赃? – 竞选可不是一片净土 |
[05:31] | Dex was giving Grover Boone a run for his money. | Dex严重威胁了Grover Boone的地位 |
[05:33] | 30 years on the city council? | 后者在市议会呆了30年了 |
[05:35] | Boone would eat his own children to hold on to his seat. | Boone就算牺牲掉自己的孩子 也会拼命保住位子的 |
[05:38] | Commissioner created a task force to solve Dex’s murder. | 负责案子的专员成立了特别小组 调查Dex的死 |
[05:41] | Two dozen cops,handpicked,hardly any homicide experience. | 二十多个警察 精心挑选的 都没有调查谋杀案的经验 |
[05:45] | Guess how that went. | 你可以想见结果了 |
[05:46] | So,let’s look into Luther’s story. | 我们仔细研究下Luther提供的线索 |
[05:48] | The gun we found is a match as the murder weapon, | 我们找到的枪就是凶器 |
[05:50] | but there’s nothing connecting it to the Sixth Street Mafia. | 但没证据把它和第六大街黑帮联系起来 |
[05:53] | We need more on Dex Collins than news reports and rumors.Who was close to him? | 我们需要比新闻和传言更多的信息 有谁和Dex Collins关系密切? |
[05:56] | Well,the father,Ronnie Collins,raised Dex by himself. | 他父亲Ronnie Collins 一个人把他带大 |
[05:59] | And also his campaign manager,Cassie Michaels. | 还有他的竞选经理Cassie Michaels |
[06:03] | Re-interview them,but let’s not rattle too many cages until we know what we’re going at. | 再去找这两个人谈谈 不过有头绪之前 动作不要太大 |
[06:12] | I’m going to meet the campaign manager. | 我去见见他的竞选经理 |
[06:15] | Something I got to take care of. | 我还有其他事要办 |
[06:19] | “Cooper. | |
[06:20] | ” Who’s that? | 是谁? |
[06:21] | I keep getting my neighbor’s mail. | 我一直错收到邻居的信件 |
[06:23] | You might want to stop by the post office. | 去趟邮局更正一下吧 |
[06:33] | Check it out– nine o’clock. | 看九点钟方向 |
[06:36] | Oh,not bad. | 噢 不错啊 |
[06:39] | You think I got a chance at something like that? | 你觉得我有戏吗? |
[06:41] | Absolutely. | 没问题的 |
[06:43] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | – 是吗? – 是的 |
[06:51] | – Hey,you. – How’s it going,Frankie? | – 嘿 – 最近如何 Frankie? |
[06:54] | Oh,you know,busy working on my swing. | 忙着练习击球技术呢 |
[06:57] | – Yep. – Listen,I got to jet. | – 这样哈 – 我得走了 |
[06:59] | see you later? | 晚点见? |
[07:03] | See ya. | 嗯 待会儿见 |
[07:15] | You’re an ass. | 你真是个混蛋 |
[07:20] | Dex was special. | Dex是个很特别的人 |
[07:22] | We met in law school,and I could tell he was going places,so I jumped at the chance to work on his campaign. | 我们在法学院认识 我觉得他日后 肯定有所作为 所以抓住机会帮他竞选 |
[07:27] | That must’ve been a shock,the way he died– murdered in the street like that. | 他最后那样在街上被谋杀 一定很让你震惊吧 |
[07:31] | Couple questions that never got resolved– Dex’s involvement with drugs for one. | 有几个悬而未决的问题- Dex和毒品有染是其一 |
[07:35] | Dex never so much as took a drink as long as I knew him. | 我认识Dex以来 连酒都没怎么见他喝过 |
[07:39] | I was his campaign manager. | 我是他的竞选经理 |
[07:40] | My job was knowing about his skeletons,and he didn’t have any. | 我的工作就是了解他见不得人的丑事 但实际上他没什么丑事 |
[07:43] | Sounds too good to be true. | 听上去完美得不真实嘛 |
[07:45] | – Well,it’s too good for this city. – Meaning? | – 这个城市配不上他 – 意思是? |
[07:47] | Philly’s political machine has been in place forever. | 费城的政治传统根深蒂固 |
[07:50] | If you want to run for office,then you need name recognition. | 如果你想竞选议员 首先需要被人认可 |
[07:52] | So you pay the ward leaders,in cash,to go spread the good word. | 你要给选区领袖好处 一般是现金 这才能让他们为你说好话 |
[07:56] | Street money. | 黑钱 |
[07:57] | Ostensibly it goes to expenses,but… | 表面上 这算是正常费用 然而… |
[08:00] | mostly it just goes into their pockets. | 大部分钱最终会流到他们口袋里 |
[08:01] | Dex refused to do that,so he made some enemies. | Dex拒绝这么做 所以他树敌了 |
[08:04] | Any of these enemies the type who’d shoot Dex,plant drugs on him? | 这些敌人里有谁可能枪杀Dex 还栽赃毒品给他吗? |
[08:07] | In my business,we specialize in character assassination.Not the other kind. | 我们这一行 擅长中伤他人声誉 别的应该还不至于 |
[08:12] | So explain what Dex was doing on a known drug corner, | 那你解释一下 在深夜 如果不是交易毒品… |
[08:15] | dead of night,if it wasn’t for drugs. | Dex跑到那个著名的毒品角去干嘛 |
[08:18] | He was on a mission. | 他有任务在身 |
[08:21] | Let’s get real. | 我们说点实话吧 |
[08:22] | The drug war is over; we lost. | 毒品战争结束了 我们输了 |
[08:26] | There’s a boy,16 years old,who was shot by drug dealers,died in ICU last night. | 有个16岁男孩 被毒贩子打伤 昨晚死在了重症监护室 |
[08:35] | His 12-year-old brother cried in my arms,asked me why. | 他12岁的弟弟在我怀里哭泣 问我为什么 |
[08:40] | I couldn’t tell him that’s just how it is on Sixth Street. | 我不能告诉他在第六大街 这样的事不足为奇 |
[08:43] | I couldn’t say,our district leader,Grover Boone,is too busy hosting parties for real | 我不能说 我们的地区领袖 Grover Boone正忙着… |
[08:49] | estate developers to be accountable for the blood on our street. | 和房地产开发商开派对 无暇顾及街头的流血事件 |
[08:55] | I need to answer that boy’s question. | 我得回答那孩子的问题 |
[09:00] | Give me a chance. | 给我个机会 |
[09:03] | Sign my petion to be added to the ballot,and I swear to you,I will always be here and accountable. | 在我的竞选申请上签字吧 我保证 我会永远值得信赖 |
[09:14] | Your name’s Warren,right? | 你叫Warren 对吗? |
[09:16] | Own the Diamond Diner.What’s wrong? | Diamond餐厅的老板 你觉得那里不好? |
[09:20] | I don’t need an outsider telling me what it’s like on my own street. | 我不需要一个局外人来告诉我 我们的地盘是怎样的 |
[09:23] | I’m not an outsider. | 我不是局外人 |
[09:25] | I grew up here. | 我在这里长大的 |
[09:27] | Live here now,just down the block. | 就住在这里 就在那边的街区 |
[09:29] | Well… you sure as hell didn’t get that suit on Sixth Street. | 你这身行头可不像出自第六大街 |
[09:34] | Come on.Come on. | 跟我来 跟我来吧 |
[09:50] | I,uh… I assure you I,uh,plan to take better care of our district than my apartment. | 我…我保证 我会把这片地区 照料的比我家好 |
[09:59] | What’s this about? | 这是什么意思? |
[10:02] | Uh… my dad. | 嗯…是我父亲 |
[10:05] | Some of you may know him. | 可能你们有人认识他 |
[10:07] | Ronnie Collins. | |
[10:09] | Every morning he’s woken up,knowing he’d have to push a mop all day. | 他每天早上醒来就知道 自己一整天就是做清洁工 |
[10:15] | But he’s had faith each day his hard work was going to pay off. | 但他每天都坚信 努力总会有回报 |
[10:21] | That faith gave me a better life. | 那样的信念给了我更好的生活 |
[10:24] | So every morning,I wake up,I look in the mirror,and I see faith. | 每天早上 我醒来 看着镜子 我看到了信念 |
[10:30] | I know I can do the same for you. | 我知道我也能为你们做同样的事 |
[10:33] | All I need is your signature. | 我只需要你们的签名 |
[10:48] | Do you rember those signs painted on sidewalks and bus shelters? | 还记得那些涂在人行道和 公车站的标语吗? |
[10:52] | Yeah,”Faith.” They were everywhere. | 没错 “信念” 无处不在 |
[10:54] | It wasn’t even us who did that. | 都不是我们去涂的 |
[10:56] | Dex’s supporters did it themselves. | Dex的支持者们自发去做的 |
[10:59] | End of the day,it wasn’t power or politics for Dex. | 对于Dex来说 重要的不是权力或者政治 |
[11:02] | All he cared about was that damn street. | 他在乎的就是那条街 |
[11:07] | And he paid for it with his life. | 他为此付出了生命 |
[11:11] | Got a hit on the murder weapon,boss. | 头儿 凶器上有线索 |
[11:13] | Registered in ’04 to a Jay Quincy,a truck driver in Chester. | 04年登记在Chester的一个叫 Jay Quincy的卡车司机名下 |
[11:16] | Reported the gun stolen with a couple others a few weeks before Dex’s death. | Dex死前几周被报失窃 同时被窃的还有其他东西 |
[11:20] | He’s done it before,too.Once in Jersey,twice in Delaware. | 他之前也这么干过 一次在泽西 两次在特拉华州 |
[11:23] | – A straw purchaser. – Lowest of the low. | – 一个枪贩子 – 最不入流的家伙 |
[11:25] | Reports guns stolen and sells them on the street. | 假报枪支失窃 然后在街上卖掉 |
[11:27] | Figure he sold to Dex’s killer. | 估计是卖给了杀Dex的凶手 |
[11:29] | Maybe one of the Sixth Street Mafia. | 也许是第六大街黑帮中的一员 |
[11:32] | Last cops I talked to were a joke. | 上次警察找我谈话就是个笑话 |
[11:34] | They already made up their minds about him.They didn’t even know what he was about. | 他们早已给他下定论 他们根本不知道他是怎样的人 |
[11:38] | You and your son pretty tight,Mr.Collins? | Collins先生 你和儿子关系很紧密? |
[11:40] | Put everything into Dex. | 我把所有心血都倾注到Dex身上了 |
[11:43] | You understand,I… | 你明白吧 我… |
[11:44] | I wanted him to have opportunity,get him away from here. | 我希望他有机会 我希望他离开这里 |
[11:50] | But he came home. | 但是他回来了 |
[11:51] | Said he wanted to change the way things worked on the streets. | 说他希望改变这片街区的状况 |
[11:54] | Who was I to tell him the street wasn’t worth the trouble? | 我不可能跟他说 这条街根本不值得他这么做吧 |
[11:56] | He was going after the dealers. | 他把目标放在了毒贩子身上 |
[11:58] | Only one who had guts enough to stand up to them. | 他是唯一有勇气对抗他们的人 |
[12:03] | What was his reward? | 为此他得到了什么? |
[12:05] | Called him the crackhead candidate. | 人们叫他”瘾君子候选人” |
[12:10] | Guess that sells more papers than… | 这称呼让报纸更畅销 远甚于宣扬他的… |
[12:14] | faith. | 信念 |
[12:15] | Taking a look at the Sixth Street Mafia. | 你们去查查第六街黑帮 |
[12:18] | – It’s about time. – Why is that? | – 只是迟早的问题 – 这话怎讲? |
[12:20] | Dex was out there every night trying to save folks,and those gangsters didn’t like it one damn bit. | Dex每晚都去拯救那里的人 而那些黑帮早看他不爽了 |
[12:27] | (” the corner “by common ) | |
[12:30] | Hey,friend,can I talk to you? | 嘿 朋友 能和你谈谈吗? |
[12:32] | Listen,man,you don’t have to be doing this. | 听着 伙计 你不必这样下去 |
[12:34] | Saying you’re not alone. | 我们会帮你的 |
[12:37] | Take my card,come see me. | 拿着我的名片 来找我 |
[12:38] | We can help you get clean,give you options. | 我们可以帮你戒毒 让你重新选择人生 |
[12:51] | You best start moving. | 识相的赶紧走开 |
[12:55] | I ain’t even playing. | 我没跟你开玩笑 |
[12:58] | I know you. Victor Nash. | 我认得你 Victor Nash |
[13:01] | – We grew up together. – Yeah,so? | – 我们一起长大的 – 是又如何? |
[13:03] | My dad helped us set up that car wash,remember? | 我爸帮助我们开了间洗车房 记得吗? |
[13:06] | Two bucks a car.Thought we were some regular Trumps. | 2美元洗一辆车 还以为我们会这么干下去呢 |
[13:09] | Look,’cause we know each other,I’m gonna give you a pass. | 听着 看在旧相识的份上 我放你一条生路 |
[13:14] | Go home.Now. | 回家 马上 |
[13:17] | I won’t go until all of you go first. | 我不会离开 除非你们先离开 |
[13:20] | How you plan on pulling that off?You strapped? | 你打算怎么对付我? 你身上有武器吗? |
[13:23] | I don’t got a gun. | 我没有枪 |
[13:27] | I got faith. | 我有信念 |
[13:29] | But see,I got a gun. | 但我有枪 |
[13:35] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[13:36] | But you won’t use it. | 但你不会用它 |
[13:43] | Victor Nash was… | |
[13:45] | a screwup from the age of ten. | 10岁起走上了邪道 |
[13:47] | Dex saw something there worth saving. | Dex觉得他还有救 |
[13:51] | For a while,it looked like he was right. | 有一阵子 似乎他的看法没错 |
[13:53] | – Victor left the corner? – Did odd jobs at the campaign office. | – Victor离开了街头? – 在选举办公室里帮忙 |
[13:57] | Yeah,but I never trusted him myself. | 但我从来都不信任他 |
[13:59] | You don’t just walk away from a gang like Sixth Street. | 一个第六街出身的混混 不可能就这么洗心革面 |
[14:01] | After Dex died,Victor went right back to them. | Dex一死 Victor又去投奔他们了 |
[14:04] | No questions asked. | 头也不回 |
[14:27] | Yeah,Scotty.Traffic,huh? | 喂 Scotty 堵车 对吧? |
[14:31] | I’ll meet you on Sixth Street. | 我们在第六街碰面 |
[14:41] | This a private game? | 这是私人游戏吗? |
[14:43] | Relax,folks.Just looking for someone. | 放松 伙计们 我们要找个人 |
[14:54] | Hey,Victor. | 嘿 Victor |
[14:56] | I didn’t do nothing. | 我什么也没干 |
[14:56] | Besides slinging rock,guns,agg assault?That’s all in the past? | 除了贩卖海洛因 枪支 严重伤人? 还有别的没有? |
[15:00] | One of those early achievers,I guess. | 你可谓劣迹斑斑了 |
[15:02] | Hey,why y’all hassling me? | 你们惹我干什么? |
[15:03] | – Dex Collins. – I can’t help you. | – 我帮不了你 |
[15:05] | Now,see,that’s not how this works. | 我就知道会这样 |
[15:07] | We ask questions,then you lie. | 我们问问题 然后你抵赖 |
[15:10] | Whoops,a gun. | 喔 有枪 |
[15:11] | This the one you pulled on Dex? | 是你射死Dex那把吗? |
[15:14] | That was a misunderstanding. | 你们搞错了 |
[15:15] | Like hanging around his campaign just before you popped him? | 你混入他的竞选阵营 是不是为了伺机杀死他? |
[15:17] | Where were you,huh,the night he got shot? | 他被枪杀那天晚上 你在哪里? |
[15:19] | I was at an NA meeting. | 我在戒毒会 |
[15:20] | I was all messed up; I was getting high,half hoping to get busted or dead. | 我当时一团糟 吸毒成瘾 甚至巴望 被抓起来或吸过量一死了之 |
[15:25] | He helped me. | 是他救了我 |
[15:27] | Come on,Victor.Still a soldier. | 拜托 Victor 敢做敢当 |
[15:29] | Sixth Street was losing business with his nightly visits to the corner. | 自从他每晚走上街头 第六街少了很多生意 |
[15:32] | Dex reached out to you,and you put one in his chest. | Dex妨碍了你的利益 所以你要除掉他 |
[15:34] | Sixth Street was nothing compared to who was really after Dex. | 对真正想除掉Dex的人来说 第六街只是小巫见大巫 |
[15:50] | – Is all this really necessary? – Yes. | – 有必要搞这么多花头吗? – 有 |
[15:52] | Dex,I have every member of the district coming here today. | Dex 今天我召集这个地区的党员 |
[15:55] | I have ward leaders and clergy,most of them expecting more than just a free meal. | 还有选区领袖和神职人员 他们来不是为了吃顿免费午餐 |
[16:00] | I’m not paying for votes. | 我不会花钱买选票 |
[16:01] | Then,you need to convince them to support you. | 所以你必须说服他们支持你 |
[16:04] | Dex,champagne’s gonna help with that. | Dex 这对你的选情有帮助 |
[16:05] | I should be out on the corner,not kissing political ass. | 我应该走上街头干实事 而不是讨好这帮人 |
[16:07] | You need to do both. | 你得双管齐下 |
[16:11] | Dex,look,I think that you actually have a shot here, | Dex 我觉得你很有机会当选 |
[16:14] | okay,so just straighten this tie and put on a smile. | 来吧 整好领带 换上笑容 |
[16:18] | It’s only gonna hurt a little. | 这不会有什么坏处的 |
[16:28] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了? |
[16:31] | Warren Wilson… | |
[16:33] | I’m Lieutenant Doherty. | 我是Doherty队长 |
[16:34] | This is notification that you’re shut down for health violations pending review. | 这是通知 你违反了卫生条例 这里必须停业等待进一步审查 |
[16:37] | The inspector was here two months ago.There weren’t any problems. | 检查员两个月前才来过 他们说没有问题 |
[16:40] | You’ll have to take that up with the Health Department… | 这个留着跟卫生局解释… |
[16:43] | assuming you have a liquor license. | 如果你有卖酒许可的话 |
[16:45] | We’re hosting a private party here tonight,expecting 150 guests. | 我们今晚要开私人聚会 接待150名客人 |
[16:48] | Not anymore– building’s only zoned for 70. | 不可以– 这里只能容纳70人 |
[16:50] | Oh,are you the fire marshal,too,or just Boone’s hatchet man? | 你还兼任消防队长呢 还是说 你只是Boone的走狗? |
[16:53] | Cassie,it’s okay. | Cassie 没关系 |
[16:55] | He’s only doing what he’s told. | 他只是奉命行事而已 |
[16:57] | Isn’t that right,Lieutenant? | 是吧 队长? |
[16:59] | MAN Send the rich boy home. | 把有财势的小子撵回家 |
[17:01] | Vote Grover Boone. | 投Grover Boone一票 |
[17:03] | He stands alone. | 他卓尔不群 |
[17:04] | Send the rich boy home. | 把富家小子撵回家 |
[17:07] | Vote Grover Boone. | 投Grover Boone一票 |
[17:08] | He stands alone. | 他卓尔不群 |
[17:11] | Boone is like any other gangster in the street. | Boone本质和街头的黑帮无异 |
[17:13] | He’s got muscle,too…only they wear badges. | 他也靠打杀起家 只不过戴上了警徽 |
[17:16] | Now I know you’re still using,Victor. | 我知道你还在吸毒 Victor |
[17:18] | Saying a cop did Dex Collins,huh? | 你是说 警察杀了Dex Collins? |
[17:20] | Saying if Boone wanted Dex done,he’d be done. | 我是说 如果Boone想Dex死 他早就这么干了 |
[17:23] | – You fill in e blanks. – Yeah,we’ll do that. | – 剩下的你们自己去查 – 我们会的 |
[17:25] | You remember how the rest of this goes. | 你一定知道接下来会怎样 |
[17:28] | Came up in the department with Pat Doherty. | 把局里的Pat Doherty找来了 |
[17:30] | He’s never served a day of street duty. | 他从没有在街头执勤 |
[17:32] | – Desk jockey,huh? – Political operator. | – 文职人员? – 官场老手 |
[17:34] | Goes lieutenant to deputy commissioner in two years. | 2年时间就从小队长升上了副局长 |
[17:37] | – Hitched his wagon to Boone. – Not just him. | – 借助Boone的东风 – 不只是他 |
[17:39] | Health Department closes Warren’s restaurant in ’05. | 卫生局05年关了Warren的餐厅 |
[17:41] | He files a complaint that gets thrown out. | 他上门投诉 却被人赶了出来 |
[17:44] | Electricity’s shut down in his house the next day. | 第二天他家的电力也被切断了 |
[17:46] | Yeah,Boone takes no prisoners. | Boone从不手软 |
[17:48] | He’s not all bad.Hires cops to moonlight for him. | 这倒不坏 他雇警察业余时间为他办事 |
[17:51] | Speaks up for us at city hall. | 在市议会上替我们说话 |
[17:52] | And then condemns us on the 5:00 news when it hits the fan. | 一旦出了什么漏子 还会在5点新闻上狠批我们 |
[17:55] | This election got ugly. | 他们在选举中玩阴的 |
[17:56] | Dex’s campaign office was broken into,volunteers harassed. | Dex的选举办公室遭人闯入 选举志愿者受到骚扰 |
[18:00] | Maybe someone went too far. | 这帮人太过分了 |
[18:01] | Making extra points for taking out the competion. | 为求赢得选举不择手段 |
[18:04] | Meeting with Warren,see if he remembers any rabid Boone supporters. | 我去找Warren 看他是否记得 Boone支持者中有行为过激者 |
[18:08] | Gonna contact Boone,too. | 还要去找Boone |
[18:10] | That’s a hornet’s nest,Scotty. | 那家伙不好惹 Scotty |
[18:12] | I’ll handle Boone. | 我来搞定Boone |
[18:15] | You sold the guns on the street,filed a false report. | 你把枪卖给街头混混 还伪造枪支丢失报告 |
[18:18] | Not the first time,either.You got a whole side business going. | 而且不是第一次了 你长期把这个当副业赚钱 |
[18:21] | – Ain’t that right? – I don’t recall. | – 你承认吗? – 我不记得了 |
[18:28] | Listen,Ray. | 听着 Ray |
[18:29] | It’s Jay. | 我叫Jay |
[18:31] | Right– Jay. | 没错– Jay |
[18:34] | I pulled the other reports you filed. | 我收集了你填的报告 |
[18:36] | I got them right here. | 并把它们带来了 |
[18:38] | Uh… somewhere. | 可能放别处了 |
[18:39] | Hang on a second. | 稍等一下 |
[18:42] | Seven handguns in Delaware in 2002. | 2002年在特拉华州丢了7把手枪 |
[18:45] | 12 in Jersey the next year. | 次年在新泽西州丢了12把 |
[18:47] | I got bad luck. | 我运气不好 |
[18:48] | Don’t know the half of it. | 你不知道后果有多严重 |
[18:50] | One of your guns was used in the shooting of a policeman. | 其中一把枪被人用来击中一名警员 |
[18:52] | Another wounded a little girl on a playground. | 另一把在操场上打伤了一个小女孩 |
[18:55] | Now,I’m a cop and a mom,Jay. | 作为一名警察和一个母亲 Jay |
[18:57] | You’ve pissed me off twice already. | 你已经把我惹毛两次了 |
[19:00] | Then,there’s Dex Collins.Sold the gun to the killer. | 现在加上Dex Collins 你把枪卖给凶手 |
[19:03] | That’s conspiracy. | 就等于是共犯 |
[19:06] | – Prove it. – That’s why the DA’s here,Jay. | – 拿出证据 – 这就是检察官的价值所在 Jay |
[19:08] | To be honest,I’m not that good a lawyer. | 老实说 我本来就不是好律师 |
[19:11] | ADD,you know?Makes it hard. | 患上ADD让情况更糟了 (情绪障碍注意力紊乱) |
[19:14] | That’s why I work this crap job.Oh,here we go,okay,so… | 所以只能干这种破差事 找到了… |
[19:18] | the report says that the guns were stolen from your mother’s house, | 报告说枪是在你妈妈家里失窃的 即便我们证明报告是伪造的– 我们会的 |
[19:24] | and we will– any half-assed public defender’s gonna say that | 再差劲的公设辩护律师也知道 |
[19:27] | we can’t connect it to you,so what I’m proposing is… | 并不能证实它们和你有直接联系 也就是说… |
[19:30] | So I can go. | 我可以走人了 |
[19:32] | Yeah… | 是的… |
[19:34] | but Mom’s gonna have to stay. | 但你妈妈必须留下 |
[19:36] | Like you’re gonna arrest an old lady. | 难不成你们要逮捕一位老太太? |
[19:38] | You see,Ray,not only are we arresting her,but,uh… | Ray 我们不但要逮捕她 而且… |
[19:43] | we’re gonna convict her,too. | 我们要把她定罪 |
[19:45] | Hey,Mrs.Quincy. | 嘿 Quincy夫人 |
[19:48] | Your old lady’s gonna spend the rest of her life in a cage thinking one thing: | 老夫人将在牢笼里度过余生 脑子里只想着一件事: |
[19:52] | “My son did this to me.” | “我儿子把我害惨了” |
[20:00] | It was a Dominican guy. | 是个多米尼加人 |
[20:02] | Hangs out at the Hardware Depot. | 经常在五金卖场出没 |
[20:04] | Jorge Gonzalez. Okay?Anything else? | Jorge Gonzalez 行了吧 还有别的吗? |
[20:09] | Yeah,yogonna drink that? | 好的 你要喝这个吗? |
[20:26] | You should have called first,John. | 你应该打个电话预约 John |
[20:28] | Yeah,would he have called back? | 他会回我吗? |
[20:31] | This is about Dex Collins. | 你是为了Dex Collins而来 |
[20:33] | I’m looking for a list of supporters from the last campaign. | 我想要一份上次选举 Boone的支持者名单 |
[20:36] | – Never gonna happen. – You impeding an investigation? | – 恕难从命 – 你要妨碍我们调查? |
[20:39] | I’m looking out for you,John. | 我是为了你好 John |
[20:41] | Look,Boone is just gonna refer you to his attorney. | Boone正要向他的律师提起你 |
[20:45] | Then,he’s gonna call the commissioner and have you transferred to the motor pool. | 他会打电话给委员会 把你调到车辆调配场 |
[20:48] | We did a thorough job on this case three years ago. | 我们3年前已经彻查了这件案子 |
[20:52] | Dex Collins was killed buying dope. | Dex Collins是在交易毒品时被杀的 |
[20:54] | Except you didn’t find the doer. | 问题是你们一直没找到凶手 |
[20:55] | He was probably dead,too– community service murder. | 可能他也死了–被某个草根大侠干掉 |
[20:59] | Yodon’t want to start a riot in the streets by stirring this up. | 不要插手这件事 以免在坊间引发动乱 |
[21:03] | You worried about a riot in the streets or a riot in city hall? | 你是担心在坊间引发动乱 还是担心在市议会引发动乱? |
[21:05] | Both. | 兼而有之 |
[21:06] | So,Boone is refusing to cooperate? | 那么说 Boone拒绝配合调查? |
[21:09] | Did I say that? | 我有说过吗? |
[21:11] | Come on,John,relax,we’re working the same job here. | 拜托 John 放松 我们的工作是一样的 |
[21:15] | I do police work,Pat.Not exactly sure what you do. | 我干的是警察的工作 Pat 我不知道你干什么 |
[21:20] | Councilman Boone. | 市议员Boone |
[21:22] | Good to see you,Lieutenant.Sorry I can’t talk. | 很高兴见到你 队长 抱歉现在不能和你聊 |
[21:25] | Do it again real soon. | 很快会有机会的 |
[21:35] | You paid a big price supporting Dexter Collins during the election,going against the Boone machine. | 选举期间你赞助Dexter Collins 一大笔钱 帮助他对抗Boone |
[21:41] | Yeah,it was tough for a while. | 那段日子很艰难 |
[21:43] | No income,three daughters. | 没有收入 养着3个女儿 |
[21:45] | Worked 12 hours a day for Dex,then bartended at a club after hours just to get by. | 一天为Dex工作12小时 其余时间在酒吧当侍应为生 |
[21:50] | Back in business now,though. | 但你又能重操旧业了 |
[21:53] | Boone cooled off after Dex died. | Dex死后 Boone放过我了 |
[21:55] | Think it was one of Boone’s people?Got overenthusiastic,went after Dex?******** | 会不会是Boone的人干的? 某个狂热支持者盯上了Dex? |
[21:59] | Well,everybody was kind of crazy. | 那会儿人们都疯了一样 |
[22:01] | You know,bricks were thrown,tires slashed,but the worst damage we did to ourselves. | 双方互相砸砖头 戳车胎 但最大的伤害是自己人带来的 |
[22:07] | What does that mean? | 这话怎讲? |
[22:08] | Well,we were doing well in the polls,but,uh,flat broke. | 我们在民调中领先 但资金不足 |
[22:12] | The big donors were afraid of alienating Boone,so we got into bed with the wrong people. | 大捐赠者都怕得罪Boone 所以我们找了不该找的人 |
[22:17] | You’re saying it was one of Dex’s own supporters who took him out? | 你的意思是 是Dex自己的支持者杀了他? |
[22:21] | I’m saying,you lie down with dogs… | 我意思是 一旦你上了贼船… |
[22:29] | He’s here.Mulwrey is here. | 他来了 Mulwery来了 |
[22:31] | He’s,like,five steps behind me. | 他离我只有几步远了 |
[22:33] | – I thought you were pitching him. – Yeah,but he said that he wanted to meet you. | – 我以为你回绝了他 – 是的 但他说想见你 |
[22:36] | Dex,this guy is big money,and he is no bull,okay? | Dex 这家伙有大把钱 不是吹的 |
[22:38] | We are one minute away from having our phones repossessed,so,please don’t piss him off. | 我们离成功只有一步之遥 不要惹怒他 好吗? |
[22:42] | Okay,don’t preach to him.Just be normal,okay? | 无需向他宣扬什么 平常态度就好 |
[22:46] | – We need this – Mr.Mulwrey,um… | – 我们需要他 – Mulwrey先生 呃… |
[22:50] | Why don’t you,uh,come into my office? | 到我的办公室去聊吧 |
[23:06] | – Mr. Mulwrey? – I’ve heard enough.You’re my guy. | – Mulwrey先生? – 我听的够多了 你是我要支持的人 |
[23:08] | Just maybe consider some real shoes. | 去买双好鞋子吧 |
[23:18] | Oh,my God! | 噢 上帝! |
[23:25] | There was 50 grand easy in that case. | 箱子里面有5万美元 |
[23:28] | – Street money. – What did Mulwrey want in return? | – 贿选费 – Mulwrey要求什么作为回报? |
[23:30] | He was lobbying city hall to redevelop the Chandler Housing Projects. | 他正游说市议会重启 Chandler街的房屋开发项目 |
[23:35] | Would have displaced hundreds of poor residents. | 这将强迫数以百计的贫民拆迁 |
[23:37] | Dex spoke out against that during the campaign. | Dex在竞选中公开反对这个项目 |
[23:39] | Mulwrey figured he’d buy Dex’s silence. | Mulwrey以为这样就能让Dex闭嘴 |
[23:42] | But the next day,Dex held a press conference denouncing the Chandler redevelopment. | 但第二天Dex就召开了一个记者会 公开指责Chandler的开发项目 |
[23:47] | So Dex takes the man’s money and screws him a day later. | 那么说Dex收了那个人的钱 却在第二天便倒戈相向 |
[23:50] | Mulwrey comes out of the construction business. | Mulwrey是建筑业出身的 |
[23:54] | Waste management.Plays by different rules. | 从事废物处理 这一行有它的规则 |
[23:56] | You hit him,he hits back. | 你得罪他 他一定会还击 |
[23:58] | With a vengeance. | 而且是加倍还击 |
[24:06] | This used to be the Chandler Housing Project,right? | 这里曾是Chandler房屋项目的地址 对吧? |
[24:10] | Pulled that eyesore down three years ago.Feels good to give back. | 3年前扫清了所有障碍 很高兴又能重新开发了 |
[24:14] | I’m sure you relocated all the people who got displaced,too. | 我相信你已妥善安置了 那些被迫拆迁的居民 |
[24:17] | The city contracted me to redevelop here. | 市政府与我签订了合同 来重新开发本地区 |
[24:20] | – Yeah,’cause you paid ’em off. – But not everyone toed the line. | – 没错 因为你买通了他们 – 但不是所有人都吃你这一套 |
[24:23] | Dex Collins,for example. | 比如说 Dex Collins |
[24:24] | Gave him a lot of money to back off. | 你给了他一大笔钱支持你 |
[24:26] | Only he screwed you to the wall with a press conference. | 他却开记者会公开反对你 |
[24:29] | Almost ended this cash cow. | 差点断了你的财路 |
[24:31] | It’s called the cost of doing business. | 做生意肯定要付出代价 |
[24:33] | As you can see,I ended up on top. | 如你所见 我最终成功了 |
[24:35] | And Dex ended up dead. | 但Dex却死了 |
[24:38] | Dex and I were straight. | 我和Dex两清了 |
[24:41] | First time in the history of Philly politics that a candidate actually gave money back. | 费城政界第一次有人退还赞助费 |
[24:45] | Dex returned the 50 grand? | Dex把5万美元还给你了? |
[24:46] | Guy was sincere,I’ll give him that. | 要我说的话 他是个真诚的人 |
[24:49] | – But a bit too naive for his own good.- Because he was on the up-and-up? | – 但太过天真了 – 因为他太过正派了? |
[24:52] | Because he didn’t know that his campaign manager was taking cash from everyone | 他错在不知他的选举经理到处拉赞助 |
[24:56] | and putting it on the street. | 并把钱用来在街头拢络选民 |
[24:58] | Cassie Michaels told us they never took a penny of street money. | Cassie Michaels告诉我们 他们从未收取一分贿选费 |
[25:01] | Well,then she lied. | 她在撒谎 |
[25:03] | I don’t care how charismatic you are. | 不管你的个人魅力有多大 |
[25:05] | In ward politics,the bosses don’t lift a finger without getting paid. | 在地方选举中 你不付钱 人们根本懒得动一下指头 |
[25:10] | Cassie went behind his back? | Cassie在他背后搞小动作? |
[25:11] | The guy ran his whole campaign on doing things different. | 那家伙以用前所未有的方式参与竞选 |
[25:15] | He just didn’t know what the other hand was doing. | 他不知还有另一只手在操纵选举 |
[25:17] | So,he gave you your money back? | 那么说 他把钱还你了? |
[25:18] | Figured he found out what she was up to.Isn’t that why he fired her? | 也许他发现了她的所作所为 所以才把她开除了 |
[25:28] | What’s up with this new DA? | 新来的检察官怎么回事? |
[25:29] | Waiting half an hour to start a lineup for our straw purchaser Quincy.Bell’s nowhere. | 等了半小时轮到我们的证人Quincy认人 Bell却不见人影了 |
[25:33] | – Who is this jackass anyway? – Bell’s good people. | – 那家伙到底是什么人? – Bell是个好人 |
[25:36] | His dad was a cop.Killed in the line. | 他父亲是个警察 执勤时牺牲了 |
[25:43] | Car broke down. | 车坏了 |
[25:54] | Recognize any of them,Jay? | 认识他们吗 Jay? |
[25:56] | Hard to say.They all look alike. | 不好说 他们长得都差不多 |
[25:58] | Let’s pretend for a minute that your mom’s life depended on it because it kind of does. | 想象你母亲的后半生就看这次了 事实上也差不多 |
[26:09] | Number four. | 四号 |
[26:10] | Wasn’t hard to say,after all. | 这并不难认嘛 |
[26:18] | You held back about the street money. | 你隐瞒了黑钱的事 |
[26:21] | Dex wasn’t taking it,but you were. | Dex没拿 但你拿了 |
[26:23] | – Well,I was doing my job. – That how Dex saw it? | – 我只是尽责而已 – Dex怎么看? |
[26:27] | – Going behind his back. – He understood. | – 背着他做这事 – 他能理解 |
[26:29] | That why he let you go? | 那他为什么让你走? |
[26:30] | I was good at my job,and he knew that. | 我工作做得很好 他也知道 |
[26:34] | Well,it was more than that. | 还不止这个吧 |
[26:35] | I did some background on you two. | 我对你们的背景做了点调查 |
[26:38] | You met at Yale.Shared an apartment. | 你们在耶鲁大学认识 住同一套公寓 |
[26:40] | – Yeah,we were friends. – With benefits,right? | – 是 我们是朋友 – 各取所需 是吗? |
[26:43] | – But the relationship changed. – We went in different directions. | – 但后来感情生变 – 我们的目标不同 |
[26:46] | Yet you drop everything when he calls. | 但当他要你帮忙时 你放下了所有事情 |
[26:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:53] | What do you want me to say? | 你想让我说什么? |
[26:54] | You want me to say that I still had a thing for Dex?So what if I did? | 说我还喜欢Dex? 喜欢又怎样? |
[26:57] | It had to be tough. | 那一定很难受 |
[26:59] | Him wanting you in his camp,just not on his arm. | 他想让你帮他竞选 而不是当情人 |
[27:03] | Not inhis neighborhood,at least. | 至少不在他的选区里 |
[27:10] | You know,in my experience,top motives for murder: love and money. | 据我的经验 谋杀的两个最大动机 –爱情和金钱 |
[27:17] | – I didn’t kill Dex. – Which was worse,Cassie? | – 我没杀Dex – 哪个更糟 Cassie? |
[27:20] | Getting fired or dumped? | 被抄鱿鱼还是被甩? |
[27:21] | I was protecting him from himself. | 我是在替他保护他自己 |
[27:23] | Dex was a saint.But he never understood. | Dex是个圣人 但他不明白 |
[27:27] | Saints don’t win elections. | 圣人赢不了竞选 |
[27:30] | We are about to take down the most powerful member of the city council. | 我们要击败市议会最有势力的人 |
[27:33] | That wouldn’t happen without street money. | 没有黑钱是不行的 |
[27:35] | You don’t get it,Cass. | 你不明白 Cass |
[27:36] | It doesn’t count if we play by their rules. | 如果我们遵守他们的规则就毫无意义 |
[27:38] | Says who?Where is it written that Dex Collins can’t work the system? | 谁说的? 哪写着Dex Collins不能使用 这条规则? |
[27:42] | The system’s broken. | 这规则已经崩溃了 |
[27:43] | I am trying to show people we don’t need it anymore. | 我尽力向大家表明我们不再需要它了 |
[27:45] | Your ideals are nothing if you lose.They’re nothing. | 如果输了 你的理想就不值一谈 一钱不值 |
[27:48] | That is why I’m here.Because I keep you grounded. | 这就是我在这的原因 让你脚踏实地 |
[27:52] | I put you in the game. | 我让你能够参与竞选 |
[27:54] | I didn’t ask you to. | 我没求你这么做 |
[27:56] | You think you’ve done this alone? | 你觉得你一个人能做得了吗? |
[27:58] | If it wasn’t for me,you would still be the most popular activist on Sixth Street. | 要不是我 你还只是第六街上 最受欢迎的激进分子 |
[28:05] | Instead,you are a political presence. | 现在 你是个政治家的形象了 |
[28:10] | Just imagine what we can do. | 想想我们能做什么 |
[28:20] | You can’t be a part of this anymore. | 你不能再参与竞选了 |
[28:25] | There’s a reporter on the phone from theInquirer. | <调查报>的记者打来电话 |
[28:27] | Wants a comment from Dex about a story for tomorrow. | 想要Dex点评一下明天的报道 |
[28:29] | Has to do with June 13,1987. | 跟发生在1987年6月13日的事有关 |
[28:33] | I’m sorry.That supposed to mean something? | 对不起 这有什么特别涵义吗? |
[28:42] | What did the reporter have? | 那记者掌握什么故事了? |
[28:43] | He never said. | 他没说过 |
[28:45] | Dex kept things from me,too. | Dex连我都瞒着 |
[28:48] | And a day later,he was dead. | 一天后 他就死了 |
[28:50] | Yeah,that’s not good enough.Cassie,you were his campaign manager. | 是 这还不够好 Cassie 你是他的竞选经理人 |
[28:53] | His friend.You saying you never found out? | 他的朋友 你说你从不知道? |
[28:56] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[28:59] | Unfortunately,I did. | 很遗憾 我不知道 |
[29:12] | I’ve been meaning to tell you how much I admired your son. | 我一直想告诉你 我很佩服你儿子 |
[29:16] | – Of course, – no one’s perfect. | 当然 没有人是完美的 |
[29:20] | ‘Cause in 1987,Dex was arrested for dealing drugs. | 1987年 Dex因为毒品交易被捕 |
[29:27] | Just like the rest,looking to bring my son down. | 你跟其他人一样 想看扁我儿子 |
[29:29] | I’m looking for the truth. | 我在寻找真相 |
[29:32] | – Why didn’t you tell me? – It would have given you an excuse to walk away. | – 你为什么没告诉我? – 这会让你有借口不管这事 |
[29:34] | You owe Dex more than just sitting vigil for him. | 你为Dex守夜并不能偿还你欠他的 |
[29:40] | Tell me what happened. | 告诉我发生了什么 |
[29:46] | Cops come to my house one morning. | 一天早上警察来了我家 |
[29:49] | Say they busted Dex for slinging dope the night before. | 说他们前一天晚上因为兜售毒品 逮捕了Dex |
[29:55] | I said,”No,sir,not my son.You must have got it wrong. | 我说”不 长官 那不是我儿子 你们一定搞错了” |
[29:59] | ” But they were right. | 但他们没错 |
[30:04] | 13 years old,and they got him in lockup. | 13岁 他们把他关了起来 |
[30:10] | Judge suspended the charges because of my boy’s academics. | 法官看我儿子成绩好才中止指控 |
[30:17] | Yeah,did everything I could to keep him off the street. | 是 我用尽办法不让他走黑道 |
[30:22] | Street still killed him in the end. | 黑道最后还是杀了他 |
[30:26] | Juvenile record’s sealed,but a reporter found out anyway. | 少年犯的记录是保密的 不过记者还是发现了 |
[30:29] | Any idea who else could have told him,Ronnie? | 知道谁还可能告诉他吗 Ronnie? |
[30:33] | Oh,yeah. | 哦 是啊 |
[30:36] | Dex’s juvenile record. | Dex的少年犯记录 |
[30:38] | Picked up for distribution of cocaine,June ’87. | 1987年6月 因为贩卖可卡因被捕 |
[30:42] | You were with him. | 你和他在一起 |
[30:43] | Dex got off.His father made a deal. | Dex出狱了 他父亲和控方达成交易 |
[30:46] | Sent him away to a fancy school.But not you,Victor. | 把他送去一所高级学校 但你没有 Victor |
[30:49] | Nah,I took the full hit. | 没有 我服满了刑期 |
[30:51] | 24 months at Glen Mills Youth Detention Center. | 在幽谷磨坊少年犯感化中心24个月 |
[30:55] | These cords are sealed.Public has no access to them. | 这些记录是保密的 公众无权查阅 |
[30:57] | So tell me how theInquirer found out about it. | 告诉我<调查报>怎么知道的 |
[31:02] | You charging me? | 你要指控我? |
[31:03] | Only other person who’d remember. | 你是唯一知道的人 |
[31:05] | Only one who can confirm it.You. | 只有一个人可以证明 你 |
[31:08] | Charge me if you’re gonna charge me. | 要指控就指控吧 |
[31:10] | Call Boone,tell him the job’s done. | 给Boone打电话 告诉他事办完了 |
[31:12] | Oh,you think I answer to Boone? | 你觉得我是为Boone做事? |
[31:13] | You police,ain’t you? | 你是警察 不是吗? |
[31:21] | I answer to him. | 我为的是他 |
[31:25] | You were pissed at Dex for dodging the bullet all those years ago. | 你因为多年前Dex逃过惩罚而恨他 |
[31:28] | Making something of himself. | 就揭他的短 他自作自受 |
[31:29] | – He gave me a second chance. – Right. | – 他给了我第二次机会 – 是啊 |
[31:31] | As his errand boy. | 做他的跑腿 |
[31:33] | What else was I good for? | 我还能做什么呢? |
[31:35] | Exactly.You were nothing but a thug. | 你什么都不是 只是个街头暴徒 |
[31:37] | Thought you’d take him down a notch. | 所以你要揭发他 |
[31:39] | Remind everyone exactly what street Dex comes from. | 让大家了解Dex到底是什么人 |
[31:41] | But what I can’t figure out,Victor: why you had to shoot him,too. | Victor 我不明白的是 你干嘛还要打死他 |
[31:46] | I was so high that night,I barely rember what was happening. | 我那晚吸多了 想不起发生了什么 |
[31:50] | Go the hell away! | 滚蛋! |
[31:52] | I told you.I…I thought you was a reporter. | 我告诉过你 我…我以为你是记者 |
[31:58] | Where have you been? | 你去哪了? |
[31:59] | In here not feeling too good. | 就在这 我不太舒服 |
[32:09] | Any more? | 还有吗? |
[32:10] | Look,I ain’t ever had nobody looking out for me. | 我从没让任何人来找我 |
[32:12] | Hey,drop that self-pity routine. | 嘿 收起装可怜那一套 |
[32:15] | The reporter just came. | 记者来过 |
[32:16] | They wanted me to know about what happened between us back in the day,you know? | 他们想知道当年我们之间发生了什么 你明白吗? |
[32:18] | I didn’t say a word,but gave me money anyway. | 我什么都没说 他们还是给了钱 |
[32:21] | Doesn’t matter,Victor | 没关系了 Victor |
[32:24] | I said nothing.I don’t even know how they found out. | 我什么都没说 我都不知道他们怎么知道的 |
[32:26] | It was Boone. | 是Boone |
[32:29] | Someone slipped these under my door this morning. | 今天早晨有人把这个放在我门口 |
[32:33] | Thought it was you. | 我以为是你 |
[32:37] | Boone keeps pushing and pushing. | Boone不断地进攻 进攻 |
[32:40] | I’m sick of it. | 我厌倦了 |
[32:45] | This ends tonight. | 今晚就会结束 |
[32:46] | – What are you gonna do? – Talk to Boone. | – 你要做什么? – 和Boone谈 |
[32:49] | He’s got dirt on me,and I’ve got dirt on him. | 他有我的丑闻 我也有他的 |
[32:59] | Photo showed Boone with a woman? | 照片上是Boone和一个女人? |
[33:01] | Stripper from the Oasis Club. | 绿洲夜总会的一个脱衣舞娘 |
[33:03] | He was doing her for months while his wife was sick and dying in the hospital. | 他老婆在医院病得快死了 他却在和她乱搞 |
[33:07] | A man of the people,my ass. | 民众领袖 我呸 |
[33:09] | When exactly did Dex go to see Boone? | Dex究竟是几时去见Boone的? |
[33:12] | A few hours before he died. | 他死前几个小时 |
[33:14] | And you never told? | 你从没说过? |
[33:16] | A guy like Dex. | 像Dex这样的人 |
[33:18] | High-profile,respected. | 形象好 受人尊敬 |
[33:21] | Gunned down like a dog. | 却像狗一样被枪杀 |
[33:25] | What do you think they’ll do to a guy like me? | 你觉得他们对我会怎么做? |
[33:38] | Patrick. | |
[33:40] | They’re towing my damn car. | 他们在拖走我的车 |
[33:43] | Jeez. | 上帝 |
[33:54] | Where did you find a parking employee with the balls to tow my car? | 你从哪找的停车场小工有胆拖我的车? |
[34:00] | You’ve got your people,I’ve got mine. | 你有你的人 我也有我的 |
[34:02] | – Let’s talk about Dex Collins. – Why would I do that? | – 说说Dex Collins吧 – 我干嘛要说? |
[34:05] | Because Doherty’s wife works admin at a juvenile court. | 因为Doherty的妻子 在少年法庭做行政工作 |
[34:09] | You had her look into Dex’s sealed record,leak it toThe Inquirer. | 你派她查阅Dex的保密文件 把它泄露给<调查报> |
[34:13] | You can do better than that. | 你还知道什么 |
[34:14] | I also have a witness placing you with Dex the night he was murdered. | 还有证人说Dex被杀那夜你和他在一起 |
[34:18] | Maybe I should call my lawyers. | 也许我该打给律师了 |
[34:20] | Well,then we’re talking headlines,Grover. | 那你就该上头版了 Grover |
[34:22] | Being a suspect in a murder investigation doesn’t really help when you’re making a run at mayor. | 成为谋杀嫌疑犯对竞选市长没好处 |
[34:27] | You know,I never knew you to be political,John. | 我从不知道你这么懂政治 John |
[34:30] | If you’d played ball a few years ago,you’d be head of the department now. | 你要是几年前就开始玩这手 早是部里的头了 |
[34:33] | This isn’t politics. | 这不是政治 |
[34:36] | Everything’s politics. | 所有事都是政治 |
[34:40] | But since I like you,I’m going to give you ten minutes. | 既然我欣赏你 就给你十分钟 |
[34:44] | Ask your questions. | 问吧 |
[34:46] | Dex came to you the night he died.He had some photographs. | Dex死的那晚去找你 他拿着一些照片 |
[34:50] | I was expecting a showdown. | 我本期待一决胜负 |
[34:51] | But the boy had a way of surprising you. | 可那孩子很会让人出其不意 |
[34:55] | You had a… | 你今天… |
[34:58] | tough day in the press. | 面对媒体不好过吧 |
[35:00] | It’s only going to get tougher. | 以后只会更艰难 |
[35:02] | Unless… you’ve come to surrender. | 除非…你放弃 |
[35:11] | You should probably avoid the Oasis Club. | 你或许不该再去绿洲夜总会了 |
[35:16] | At least while your wife’s in the hospital. | 至少当你老婆住院时不要 |
[35:24] | Hmm,that’s like telling a dog not to bark. | 嗯–这就好像让狗不要叫一样难 |
[35:27] | Everyone has something. | 每个人都有些隐私 |
[35:31] | Even you. | 即使是你 |
[35:34] | Let me tell my wife first. | 让我先告诉我的妻子 |
[35:37] | I don’t want her to see this in the news. | 我不想让她从新闻里看到这个 |
[35:40] | I’m giving these back to you. | 我是来把这些还给你 |
[35:42] | We’re wasting time beating each other to a pulp. | 我们互相残杀只是在浪费时间 |
[35:46] | And what do you propose? | 你有什么建议? |
[35:48] | You kill the newspaper story,I kill the photos,no more smear jobs. | 你摆平关于我的新闻 我销毁照片 不再互相诋毁 |
[35:52] | How do I know there aren’t more copies? | 我怎么知道你有没有多洗几份? |
[35:53] | You don’t.So let’s be the good guys,Grover. | 你不知道 那就做好人吧 Grover |
[35:58] | I absolutely underestimated you. | 我真是低估你了 |
[36:02] | You know,if the roles were reversed,I wouldn’t pay you the courtesy. | 如果我是你 我绝不会给你好脸色 |
[36:09] | I know. | 我知道 |
[36:10] | So why are you doing it? | 那你为什么这么做? |
[36:13] | ‘Cause I’m gonna beat you anyway. | 因为我不管怎样都会打败你 |
[36:18] | All my years in politics,I never met anyone like him. | 我从政这些年 从没见过他这种人 |
[36:22] | Kind of wish he was still around. | 希望他还活着 |
[36:24] | It would’ve made life interesting. | 生活会变得很有趣 |
[36:26] | You couldn’t last 30 years on the city council without knowing your enemies. | 你在市议会30年 不可能不了解你的敌人 |
[36:30] | You ever find out who took the photos? | 你从不知道是谁拍了那些照片? |
[36:32] | No one in my campaign. | 不是我阵营的人 |
[36:34] | I’m curious,Grover,if Dex had lived,would you have killed the news story? | Grover 我很好奇 如果Dex还活着 你会搞定那些新闻吗? |
[36:48] | Looks like your ten minutes are up. | 看起来十分钟到了 |
[36:53] | We’ll do it again real soon. | 我们很快会再见的 |
[37:02] | Something kicked up on your suspect from the lineup,Jorge Gomez. | 疑犯中有人被认出来了 Jorge Gomez |
[37:05] | Turns out this isn’t his first arrest. | 这不是他的第一次被捕 |
[37:07] | I ran his name,no felonies. | 我查了他的名字 没有重罪 |
[37:09] | But he’s got a misdemeanor.Drunk and disorder in ’04. | 但他有过轻罪 2004年醉酒和斗殴 |
[37:12] | Held overnight on $500 bail. | 付了500美元保释金 只被拘了一晚 |
[37:14] | His boss at the time bailed him out. | 他老板保释的 |
[37:16] | His boss? | 他的老板? |
[37:17] | Owner of the Diamond Diner. | Diamond餐厅的老板 |
[37:23] | You’re no career criminal,Warren. | 你不是犯罪的行家 Warren |
[37:26] | If you were,you wouldn’t ask three other employees where to buy a gun before Jorge Gomez. | 不然你就不会问Jorge Gomez 和其他3个雇员在哪能买到枪 |
[37:31] | Or you’d have thought to toss it in the Schuylkill. | 你会把枪扔进Schuylkill河里… |
[37:33] | Not in a drain pipe half a block from Dex’s body. | 而不是离Dex尸体只有 半个街区外的排水管里 |
[37:36] | Checked your story for that night. | 我们看了你那晚的笔录 |
[37:37] | Bartending at the Oasis. | 在绿洲做招待员 |
[37:39] | But the manager says you clocked you out early. | 但经理说你那晚早走了一点 |
[37:41] | Alibi’s shot; got you with the gun,it’s premeditated murder. | 无不在场证明 和凶枪有直接联系 这是预谋杀人 |
[37:44] | You’re looking at life. | 你就等着终身监禁吧 |
[37:48] | That gun was for protection. | 那枪是用来自卫的 |
[37:50] | That’s not how you used it. | 可你不是用来自卫的 |
[37:52] | You know,the thing about the Oasis Club? | 绿洲夜总会发生的事 知道吗? |
[37:54] | That’s where those blackmail photos of Boone were taken. | 那些勒索Boone的照片就是在那拍的 |
[37:56] | See,what I don’t get,why put your neck out for Dex taking those photos,then get a gun to kill h? | 我不明白 为什么你冒死为Dex 拍那些照片 然后却杀了他? |
[38:01] | That’s not how it happened. | 事情不是这样的 |
[38:03] | You going to have to explain it to us then,Warren. | 那你要向我们说明一切 Warren |
[38:06] | So we can help you. | 我们才能帮你 |
[38:09] | Give us something for the DA. | 让我们对地方检察官有个交代 |
[38:12] | Do 20 years instead.Get some time with your family at the other end. | 坐20年牢 出狱你还有时间陪陪家人 |
[38:17] | I got a right to support a candidate without being harassed. | 我有权不受威胁地支持一个候选人 |
[38:20] | Well,sure,as long as it’s Boone. | 当然 只要那是Boone |
[38:22] | Yeah,but Boone put the screws to you. | 是啊 可Boone要搞垮你 |
[38:25] | He used everything in his arsenal: the health department,even the cops. | 他动用了他所有的权力 卫生局 甚至是警察 |
[38:30] | He was out for blood. | 他要弄死我 |
[38:33] | He had people watching me. | 他派人监视我 |
[38:35] | It’s why I got the gun. | 这就是为什么我带着枪 |
[38:37] | Sure. | 是啊 |
[38:40] | Position you were in,hey,I’d have done the same. | 如果我是你 我也会这么做 |
[38:43] | All that rage,but why take it out on the wrong guy? | 你很愤怒 但干嘛要迁怒别人? |
[38:48] | This epic dogfight between him and Boone, | 他和Boone间的这场恶斗 把你夹在了中间 |
[38:52] | ********* | 让你不知道怎么办 |
[38:53] | *********** | 我没法思考 睡不着觉 |
[38:58] | And Dex wouldn’t… | 可Dex没有… |
[39:02] | What?What happened? | 什么? 发生了什么? |
[39:03] | What made you turn? | 什么让你转变了? |
[39:09] | All that talk about looking in the mirror,seeing faith– that was powerful stuff. | 那些照镜子的理论 看到信心 —那是很打动人的 |
[39:16] | That’s what hooked you onto Dex,right? | 这就是为什么你跟随Dex 对吗? |
[39:19] | So let me ask you,when you look in the mirror now… | 那我问你 当你现在照镜子时 |
[39:26] | what do you see? | 你看到什么? |
[39:33] | I see Dex. | 我看到Dex |
[39:45] | Dex. | |
[39:46] | There you are. | 你在这 |
[39:49] | Dex,where have you been? | Dex 你去哪了? |
[39:51] | Look at this.No dealers.No buyers. | 看看啊 没有毒贩 没有买家 |
[39:54] | Boone had the cops sweep the block. | Boone派警察清查了这个街区 |
[39:56] | Today,Sixth Street. | 今天是第六街 |
[39:58] | Tomorrow,Seventh,the Eighth,the whole district… | 明天是第七街 第八街 然后是整个地区… |
[40:01] | What happened with Boone? | Boone怎么了? |
[40:04] | I wish I could’ve seen his face when he got those photos. | 我真想看看他看到那些照片的表情 |
[40:08] | It was you? | 是你? |
[40:10] | You’re messing with the wrong guy,Warren. | 你不该和他对着干 Warren |
[40:13] | That’s why I got this. | 这就是为什么我弄了把这个 |
[40:15] | Anyway,who cares?We are gonna win now! | 再说 谁在乎? 我们要赢了! |
[40:23] | Dex… | |
[40:27] | You didn’t use the photos? | 你没用那些照片? |
[40:30] | We don’t have a chance without them. | 我们不用它根本没有机会 |
[40:32] | Look,we’re in a dead heatight now. | 听着 我们现在处境是很困难 |
[40:34] | But if we don’t pull it out this time,we’ll get him next time. | 但如果我们这次没成功 我们下次会赢他的 |
[40:37] | Next time is four years from now. | 下次是四年之后了 |
[40:40] | I don’t have four weeks! | 我四个星期都活不了! |
[40:44] | Boone’s taken my restaurant. | Boone要查封我的餐厅 |
[40:47] | I can’t pay my bills. | 我付不起罚单 |
[40:49] | Now what’s he going to do to me when you lose? | 你要是输了 他会对我怎么做? |
[40:50] | Warren,I guarantee you,he stays away. | Warren 我向你保证 他不会这样的 |
[41:02] | You cut a deal. | 你和他做了交易 |
[41:05] | What’d Boone offer? | Boone给你什么了? |
[41:06] | Clean up your street? | 整顿你的街道? |
[41:08] | Run you in another district? | 让你掌管另一个区? |
[41:11] | Or was it a straight-up payoff? | 还是直接付了钱? |
[41:12] | No,it’s not like that. | 不 不是这样的 |
[41:14] | I should’ve known. | 我该想到的 |
[41:16] | You’re just like the rest.All crooks! | 你和其他人一样 都是骗子! |
[41:18] | – Sellouts! – Warren,for God’s sake… | – 叛徒! – Warren 看在上帝份上… |
[41:20] | – And I’m the one who gets screwed! – Listen! Listen,man! | – 我才是那个被整的人! – 听着!听着 伙计! |
[42:00] | * Keep looking through the windowpane * | |
[42:02] | * Just trying to see through the pouring rain * | |
[42:05] | * It’s hearing your name * | |
[42:08] | * Hearing your name * | |
[42:10] | * I really never felt quite the same * | |
[42:13] | * Since I lost what I had to gain * | |
[42:15] | * No one to blame,no one to blame * | |
[42:21] | * It seems to me * | |
[42:23] | * Can’t turn back the hands of time * | |
[42:31] | * Oh,it seems to me * | |
[42:34] | * Can’t turn back the hands of time * | |
[43:13] | * Keep looking through the windowpane * | |
[43:16] | * Just trying to see through the pouring rain * | |
[43:19] | * It’s hearing your name * | |
[43:22] | * Hearing your name * | |
[43:24] | * I really never felt quite the same * | |
[43:26] | * Since I lost what I had to gain * | |
[43:29] | * No one to blame,no one to blame * | |
[43:34] | * It seems to me * | |
[43:37] | * Can’t turn back the hands of time * | |
[43:44] | * Oh,it seems to me * | |
[43:47] | * Can’t turn back the hands of time. * |