时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | The following story is flctional and does not depict any actual person or event. | 本故事纯属虚构 如有雷同 实属巧合 |
[00:05] | June 16,2002 | 2002年6月16日 |
[00:08] | twelve– yeah, that’s it, baby. Feelin’ it now. Come on. | 12点 好的 宝贝 快发 |
[00:11] | Ten,king,queen,minus three… | 10点 K Q 去掉3张 |
[00:14] | man,kid over here mumblin’ to hisself like mr.Magoo. | 那小子像脱线先生一样自言自语 |
[00:19] | He’s my half-brother terrance. He cool,man. | 我同父异母的兄弟Terrance 别管他 |
[00:21] | I thought he was homeless. | 我还以为是个孤儿呢 |
[00:24] | Man,forget all that,aight? Just hit me. | 别提那个了? 发牌 |
[00:29] | Bang,you busted. | 嘣 你爆了 |
[00:31] | Dang,all right… hold up. | 见鬼等等 |
[00:37] | Yo,t,man,gimme ten. | T 兄弟 给我10块 |
[00:38] | Naw,forget it,man. We out. | 不 算了吧 别玩了 |
[00:39] | Come on,man. We wanna run with the big dogs,we gotta bring it. | 得了 我们想玩大的 就得先赢回来 |
[00:42] | You bring it,all right. You just keep giving it all away. | 怎么赢 你一直在输 |
[00:45] | Are you watchin’ the game? I was just on a roll. | 你也看到了? 我手气正旺 |
[00:47] | I just need to get it back. | 会赢回来的 |
[00:49] | Hey,boy,you wanna ante up or take your half-ass brother on home? | 小子 你下注还是领你白痴弟弟回家? |
[00:57] | twenty. Deal me in. | 20块 算我一个 |
[00:59] | what’s up with this fool? | 这白痴想干嘛? |
[01:00] | Naw,he just playin’. | 他就想一起玩玩 |
[01:01] | I said deal me in. | 说了算我一份 |
[01:15] | Yo,t,what you doing? | T 你干嘛? |
[01:16] | It’s called doublin’ down. Hit me. | 加倍下注 发牌 |
[01:18] | Man,t,you can’t double down on no 17. You gonna bust. | T 不能在17点时加倍啊 会爆的 |
[01:21] | Another ten says I beat every hand here. | 再加10块 赌你们所有人 |
[01:24] | it’s your money,fool. | 输的是你的钱 白痴 |
[01:27] | I thought I said hit me. | 我说了快发牌 |
[01:32] | twenty-one. What you got? | 21点 你呢? |
[01:34] | Damn. | 该死 |
[01:36] | Damn! | 该死! |
[01:38] | Man,that was luck. | 你走运而已 |
[01:39] | You would’ve bust on that same hand,chump. | 那样的牌十有八九会爆的 白痴 |
[01:42] | Nine times out of ten,but there’s 52 cards in the deck, | 没错是十有八九 不过一副牌有52张 |
[01:45] | and you already burnt 11 out of 12 face cards,plus all your tens and aces. | 12张花牌你已经用掉11张 再加上你所有的10和A |
[01:49] | Leaving even odds,I get a four or lower. | 相同的赔率 我都能拿到4或更小的牌 |
[01:51] | And I thank you for that. | 多谢你们啊 |
[01:52] | By the way,name’s terrance. How you like my chump change now? | 顺便说一声 我叫Terrance 不是什么白痴 |
[02:00] | yo,let me see that. | 让我看看 |
[02:34] | Boss,guy over there says he’s the father of a terrance carter. | 头儿 那人说是Terrance Carter的父亲 |
[02:37] | Teenage gunshot victim, back ’02 | 那个2002年被枪杀的少年 |
[02:40] | he wants to see if he could get his son’s personal effects for keepsake. | 他想把儿子的遗物拿回去“保存” |
[02:44] | Five years after the fact? | 在案发5年后才想起来 |
[02:46] | Claims he hadn’t seen the boy since he was a baby. On the outs with the mother. | 儿子出生后就没再见过他 他们夫妻感情不和 |
[02:50] | Asked if he could get his son’s wallet, | 想拿回他儿子的钱包 |
[02:52] | said he needed his social security number. | 他说需要那孩子的社会安全号 |
[02:55] | Scumbag’s trying to commit fraud. | 骗子想趁机行骗了 |
[02:57] | Pull the kidoc’s sial. | 已经去查了 |
[02:59] | Already on it. | |
[03:05] | Sir,I’m afraid we can’t release any evidence or personal effects | 先生 恐怕在调查结束前不能 |
[03:08] | until an investigation’s been closed. I’m sorry. | 给你任何证据和遗物 抱歉 |
[03:10] | So how’s that investigation going? | 那调查进行的咋样了? |
[03:12] | Five years now,ain’t it? | 已经5年了 是吧? |
[03:13] | Bullet was never matched to any other case,registered gun or otherwise. | 子弹和其它案子里用过的枪 注册过的枪等等 都不匹配 |
[03:17] | So what,case closed? | 你意思是 案子了结了? |
[03:19] | There were people on that block who know damn well who shot your son,mr.Carter. | 那条街上有人清楚是谁杀了你儿子 Carter先生 |
[03:23] | Unfortunately,none are willing to cooperate with the police. | 可惜没人愿意和警方合作 |
[03:27] | So that’s how it is,now,huh? Just… | 就那么回事 对吗? 都是… |
[03:30] | chalk it up to the neighborhood? | 街坊邻居的不对了? |
[03:32] | Didn’t say that. | 不是那意思 |
[03:33] | So what then? | 那啥意思? |
[03:34] | It’s my son’s fault he got shot? That’s it? | 我儿子被杀是他自找的? 是吗? |
[03:36] | – Sure there’s enough blame to go around. – What? | – 这种抱怨早听腻了 – 什么? |
[03:38] | Mr.Carter,if you know anyone,anyone who might talk to us, | Carter先生 如果你知道任何 愿意合作的人 |
[03:43] | we’d always appreciate any help. | 我们会感谢您的协助 |
[03:45] | Yeah,right. | 当然 |
[03:46] | Otherwise,y’all just done looking. | 否则 你们就只会干瞪眼 |
[03:51] | Maybe we should look again. | 也许我们得再查一遍了 |
[03:53] | Starting with the rock that slug just crawled out from under. | 从那蠢货提起的陈年旧案开始 |
[03:57] | Turns out terrance carter’s social security number’s still in use. | Terrance Carter的社保号仍在使用中 |
[04:01] | Used to open three different charge accounts since his death. | 在他死后开过3个不同的帐户 |
[04:04] | So either he’s still alive and kicking… | 不是那孩子还没死 |
[04:06] | or somebody already beat dad to the punch. | |
[04:35] | Cold Case Season05 Episode06 | 铁证悬案 |
[04:41] | Missed you at jones last night. | 昨晚没见到你嘛 |
[04:43] | Oh,yeah,sorry,man. | 抱歉 兄弟 |
[04:44] | Just got caught up with this thing. | 有事情缠住了 |
[04:48] | Blonde or brunette? | 金发美女还是黑发美人? |
[04:49] | I wish. | 我也这样希望 |
[04:50] | Some pain-in- the-ass ada. | 是某个很难搞定的助理检察官 |
[04:52] | Let me guess: | 让我猜猜: |
[04:54] | The redheaded nutcracker with the nice set of pins? | 是那个浑身是刺的红发女? |
[04:58] | Nah,just some dinosaur prepping an old robbery in west. | 不 是某个笨蛋想讨论 发生在西区的抢劫旧案 |
[05:02] | Original theory on terrance carter? | Terrance Carter案子的 原先结论是什么? |
[05:05] | Kid caught a random bullet on a rooftop in north philly five years ago. | 5年前在北费城的一座楼顶 他凑巧被流弹误杀 |
[05:08] | Not so random. | 没那么巧 |
[05:10] | Find all kind of spent shells up on those rooftops. | 那些楼顶上有用过的各种类型弹壳 |
[05:13] | Thugs and bangers going up there to test out their nines,.22s,you name it. | 暴徒和劫匪都去那里试枪 口径9毫米 22毫米 应有尽有 |
[05:16] | So some punk taking target practice drops a kid with an unlucky stray. | 这么说是这孩子倒霉 当了人家射击练习的靶子 |
[05:20] | We know why terrance was up there? | 知道Terrance为什么在那儿吗? |
[05:23] | Drugs,guns,escape– could’ve been just about anything on that block. | 毒品 枪械 逃亡– 在那街区一切都有可能 |
[05:28] | That’s 29th street turf– no evidence of gang affiliation? | 那是29街区–没有帮派斗争的证据吗? |
[05:30] | Not really,just this. | 没 只有这个 |
[05:35] | Looks like a name and number. | 像个名字和号码 |
[05:37] | Sam 678-9235? | |
[05:39] | Phone number came back to nothing. | 查过 没这个电话号码 |
[05:41] | No kid named sam,witness or suspect. | 无论是目击者还是疑犯 都没人叫Sam |
[05:46] | Statement from the kid’s mother was less than helpful. | 孩子他妈也没提供任何有用线索 |
[05:50] | Welfare mom,nowhere dad,kid had no chance. | 吃救济金的妈 失踪在外的爸 这孩子毫无出路 |
[05:53] | No witnesses,no leads,no big surprise on that block. | 在那街区找不到目击者和线索不奇怪 |
[05:56] | Social security number on terrance carter was first used to open an account shortly after he died. | Terrance Carter刚死 有人就用他的社保号开了帐户 |
[06:02] | Peco? | Peco公司? |
[06:04] | Philadelphia electric. | 费城电力 |
[06:08] | Same address given for terrance carter. | 和Terrance Carter的地址一样 |
[06:10] | Residence of the mother,cheryl carter. | 他妈妈Cheryl Carter的住所 |
[06:13] | So mom just steals her dead kid’s social? | 他妈盗用了死去儿子的号码? |
[06:15] | Probably figured he wasn’t using it. | 想想他也用不着了 |
[06:19] | Parents like that,who needs enemies? | 有这样的父母 谁还需要其他敌人? |
[06:22] | Nerve of that man. | 那人疯了 |
[06:24] | Trying to come in and collect on terrance. | 来这里想拿Terrance的东西 |
[06:27] | When it comes to picking the bones of your dead son,you got gerald beat. | 说到捞你死去儿子的好处 你倒赶在了Gerald前头 |
[06:31] | Excuse me? | 你儿子死后一周 你就盗用了他的社保号 |
[06:33] | Only took you a week after your son’s murder to steal his social security number. | |
[06:38] | Funeral wiped me out. | 葬礼让我破了产 |
[06:40] | They cut me off,turned off all my utilities. | 他们断了我的水电煤 |
[06:43] | You collected on the victim’s comp fund for burial expenses. | 葬礼花费有死者补助金 |
[06:46] | Barely covered a pine box. | 连松木棺材的钱都不够 |
[06:49] | Terrance’s father never chipped in? | Terrance他爸没有凑钱吗? |
[06:51] | Not a dime. | 一个子都没有 |
[06:52] | Not worth a damn as husband or a father. | 他不配做丈夫或父亲 |
[06:56] | You don’t know how tough it was,raising that boy on my own. | 你不知道我一个人养他有多难 |
[06:59] | Terrance get into trouble? | Terrance有什么麻烦吗? |
[07:00] | Boy was nothing but a daydreamer. | 他只爱做白日梦 |
[07:03] | Told him… if he wasn’t gonna go to school,he needed to find a way to earn. | 我告诉他 如果不去上学就自己赚钱 |
[07:08] | How? He was only 14. | 怎么赚? 他才14岁 |
[07:10] | I had two jobs when I was his age. | 象他那么大时 我都打两份工了 |
[07:13] | And school… didn’t get me nothing but pregnant. | 学校除了让我怀孕外啥好处也没 |
[07:16] | Legal dropout age is 16. | 法定退学年龄是16岁 |
[07:18] | Oh,you gonna lecture me now? | 你这是想给我上课吗? |
[07:21] | What was terrance doing up on that roof when he got shot? | Terrance被杀当天在楼顶做什么? |
[07:25] | Told the police,he’d started hanging out up there with michael. | 早告诉警察了 他和Michael一起出去的 |
[07:28] | Michael? | |
[07:29] | His half-brother. | 他同父异母的哥哥 |
[07:31] | They grew up on the same block. | 他们一起长大的 |
[07:33] | But his mama,she didn’t raise him right. | 但是 Michael的妈妈没管好他 |
[07:37] | What were they doing up there? | 他们去那儿干嘛? |
[07:39] | Playing the fool,skipping school,trying to duck me. | 干蠢事 逃学 躲开我 |
[07:46] | – High or low,t? – High.Face card. | – 大还是小 T? – 大 花牌 |
[07:51] | Next. | 下一张 |
[07:53] | Low– two,three or four. | 小– 2 3或者4 |
[07:55] | Come on,man. I got this cold. | 快点 我不行了 |
[07:58] | You hear from dad? | 你有爸爸消息吗? |
[08:01] | No. You? | 没 你呢? |
[08:02] | My mama got a letter,from inside. | 我妈收到封信 从牢里寄来的 |
[08:04] | Asked how big I was. | 问我多大了 |
[08:06] | Said he wanted to catch up. | 说他想弥补 |
[08:08] | He said that? | 他说的? |
[08:09] | Called me his main man. | 说我是他最关心的人 |
[08:11] | Please. He just tryin’ to get back with my moms. | 拜托 他只想追回我妈 |
[08:14] | He ask about me? | 他问起我了吗? |
[08:16] | Yeah. Yeah,you know… | 是的 当然 |
[08:20] | forget it. Don’t matter. | 算了 没关系 |
[08:25] | What’s up with that bird man anyway? | 那养鸟的在干吗? |
[08:27] | Got all them locks on his birds. | 给鸟上锁 |
[08:29] | Crazy fool’s got twice as many locks on the apartment. | 这疯子家里的锁有那两倍多 |
[08:32] | Heard he got a safe full of cash,too. | 听说他保险箱里塞满了钞票 |
[08:34] | How them birds always know to come back? | 鸟怎么知道自己飞回来? |
[08:36] | Man,forget the birds. | 别管那鸟了 |
[08:37] | Focus on the deck. | 看牌吧 |
[08:39] | Naw,man. We done practicing.I got it. | 不 练习结束 我可以了 |
[08:41] | Hey,hey,hey,hey. | 嘿 嘿 |
[08:42] | No more small-time. | 别不当回事 |
[08:44] | We gonna hustle a man’s game,roll in with a shot caller. | 咱们以后要在玩牌时骗钱 和老大一起干 |
[08:47] | Now,come on. Finish the deck,T. | 现在继续 把剩下的牌说完 T |
[08:50] | Six cards left in the deck. | 最后6张牌是 |
[08:51] | Two kings,a black jack,a pair of eights and a deuce. | 两张K 一张黑桃J 一对8和一个2 |
[08:55] | Damn,man. We about to get rich. | 我们会发财的 |
[08:58] | Or die trying. | 或是死得很惨 |
[09:02] | Terrance was counting cards? | Terrance会记牌? |
[09:04] | Some stupid corner hustle,up to no good. | 雕虫小技 没啥油水可捞 |
[09:07] | Only way to make money counting cards is playing blackjack. | 靠记牌就能赢的唯一玩法是21点 |
[09:10] | Takes a real computer upstairs to bring down the house. | 好像随身带了台让大伙羡慕的电脑 |
[09:13] | Terrance was real good with numbers. | Terrance对数字很在行 |
[09:15] | What do you think he meant by roll in with a shot caller, hustling some card game? | 他提到的跟老大一起干 玩牌时作弊 是什么意思? |
[09:19] | Don’t know, | 不知道 |
[09:21] | but michael was always trying to suck my boy into it. | Michael总是带我儿子去干坏事 |
[09:26] | Just like I told the do-nothing police back then. | 和我先前告诉那些无能警察的一样 |
[09:29] | That kind of attitude makes you friends. | 你这种态度还能交到朋友 |
[09:31] | Didn’t matter then to y’all,just like I know it won’t now. | 那时没关系 将来也一样 |
[09:44] | Finish up with that head shrink yet? | 看过主治心理医生了吗? |
[09:47] | What? First the boss,now you? | 什么? 先是头儿 现在你又问? |
[09:49] | I just want to know if I’m rollin’ with a nut job. | 我只想知道是不是在和患者搭档 |
[09:53] | One more session,I’ll be certified. | 再有一个疗程 我可以自己当医生了 |
[09:57] | That our guy? | 那是我们要找的人吗? |
[10:00] | How’d you get the horse,michael? | 怎么坐轮椅了 Michael? |
[10:04] | Grow up in a war zone,this how you end up. | 生活在暴力频发区的下场 |
[10:07] | Another casualty of the neighborhood,just like your dead half-brother. | 又一个受害者 像你死去的异母弟弟 |
[10:10] | About time y’all cared. | 你们现在关心起这事了 |
[10:12] | You with terrance the night he got shot? | Terrance被杀的那晚 你和他一起吗? |
[10:13] | I was home. | 我在家里 |
[10:15] | Only took another year for a bullet to catch up to me. | 一年后我也被射中了 |
[10:18] | Tryin’ to tell these kids what happens you run on the streets, | 想告诉这些孩子 走在街上 |
[10:20] | don’t get your head on straight. | 别太猖狂 |
[10:22] | Terrance’s mother seems to think you know who shot him. | Terrance他妈认为你知道是谁杀他的 |
[10:24] | Y’all need to consider the source. | 你们不想想这话谁说的? |
[10:26] | She never liked me ’cause of my moms. | 她从来不喜欢我 因为我妈的缘故 |
[10:28] | So what were you doing up on that roof with terrance, | 你和Terrance去那个楼顶干嘛? |
[10:31] | talking some big card hustle? | 讨论玩牌必杀骗术? |
[10:32] | We were just looking for an angle to play. | 我们只是在找一个玩牌的方法 |
[10:34] | Stake our claim. | 赢取应得的钱 |
[10:36] | What kind of angle? | 哪一类的方法? |
[10:39] | Setting a real good example for these kids. | 你想给这些孩子做个好榜样 |
[10:41] | Keeping your mouth shut about your brother’s murder? | 却对你兄弟被害的事绝口不提? |
[10:43] | Five years now. | 已经过去五年了 |
[10:45] | That’s real brave. | 还真是勇气可嘉嘛 |
[10:47] | And for what? | 为了什么? |
[10:50] | Lot of good it did you. | 给你带来不少好处了 |
[10:52] | There was only one card game that mattered. | 只有一场牌局最重要 |
[10:54] | But you ain’t hear it from me. | 但你们别告诉别人是我说的 好吧 |
[10:56] | An underground card game? Where? | 是地下牌局吗? 在哪里? |
[10:58] | Big fat ray’S. | 是大胖Ray的 |
[11:00] | Knew if I could get t in on that game, | 我知道 如果我可以参加的话 |
[11:03] | we could do some serious damage. | 我们能够大捞一票 |
[11:04] | How? You were just a couple of kids. | 怎么办到? 你们只是2个小孩 |
[11:06] | So how I got the idea to set up the meet with delonte. | 我想了个主意 好让我们和Delonte见面 |
[11:09] | Knew if we rolled in with him,nobody’d mess with us. | 如果我们当他的跟屁虫 没人会搭理我们 |
[11:12] | – Delonte? – King. | – 那里的老大 |
[11:16] | Banging thug. | 是个暴徒 |
[11:18] | Shot caller in the 29th street crew. | 是29街区的黑帮老大 |
[11:21] | Turned out delonte had other plans for terrance. | 结果Delonte对Terrance另有安排 |
[11:29] | no disrespect,yo. | 没有不敬之意 |
[11:30] | Just got a proposition for your man here is all. | 只是对你家老大有个提议 |
[11:38] | Michael,my half-brother terrance. Ready to go to work. | Michael 我的异母兄弟 Terrance 我们想找点事情做 |
[11:41] | Don’t need no more corner boys slinging for me,man. | 我不再需要街角卖毒品的小孩了 |
[11:45] | Talking about big fat ray’s game. | 我说的是大胖Ray的牌局 |
[11:47] | You get us in the door,we can run the table. | 你带我们进去 我们就能赢大钱 |
[11:49] | Y’all get half our cut. | 你可以分一半 |
[11:51] | I’m good with all kinds of numbers. | 我对数字很在行 |
[11:53] | – Like the code on your door there. – Say what? | – 比如说你车门上的密码 – 你说什么? |
[12:00] | Punk must have seen me punch in the code over my shoulder before, | 你们一定是偷看到我输密码 |
[12:03] | like they do at them atms. | 就像偷看自动取款机密码 |
[12:06] | Hold up,chill. | 放松点 冷静 |
[12:07] | How’d you get that combo,young’un? | 你是怎么知道密码的? |
[12:09] | That lock? Got about 3,000 combinations. | 那个密码锁吗? 大概有3000种组合 |
[12:11] | Take ten minutes to crack it cold,but your man here made it easy. | 一般要花十分钟破解 不过你的伙计帮了大忙 |
[12:14] | Say what? | 你说什么? |
[12:16] | Ten numbers on the keypad. | 键盘上有10个数字 |
[12:17] | But there’s two to each button,so it’s really just a five-digit pin. | 不过2个数字在一个键上 这样就只有5个键 |
[12:20] | So? | 然后呢? |
[12:21] | So it cuts it in half,some 1,600 possible numbers. | 这样就减掉一半可能 大概有1600种组合 |
[12:25] | And since that 29th street ink gave me the first two digits, | 看到29街纹身就知道了前2个数 |
[12:27] | I figure there’s only a couple hundred left now by looking at the keypad I saw the five/six, | 看到键盘上的5/6键和7/8键 被手指按的快褪色了 |
[12:31] | seven/eight buttons were worn down by fingerprints. | 我就知道只有两百种可能了 |
[12:34] | Which makes sense,it’s a ‘sixers town. | 这就能说通了 费城是76人队主场 |
[12:36] | So 29-76,got one number left,figure I got a one in five shot. | 那么就是2976 只剩最后一个数 只有五选一了 |
[12:41] | Guess I just guessed right. | 刚好猜对了 |
[12:42] | How’d you get that last number? | 你是怎么知道最后一个数的? |
[12:45] | what? | 怎么了? |
[12:47] | Your shirt,fool. The number. | 是你衣服的号码 笨蛋 |
[12:51] | All right,young’un. | 好的 小家伙 |
[12:53] | Know about the safe bolted into a floor. | 知道有家人把保险箱藏在地板下 |
[12:57] | You got to get in and out,quick. | 你得干的动作利索点 |
[12:59] | Keypad lock or combo,we can get it done in under ten minutes. | 无论键盘锁或组合锁 10分内我们可以搞定 |
[13:02] | Was I talking to you? | 我有跟你说话吗? |
[13:06] | Yeah,we could do it. Let’s line it up. | 好的 我们可以做 就这么说好了 |
[13:10] | All right. Next week,then. | 好的 下周见 |
[13:13] | But… you get caught… | 要是你被抓了 |
[13:15] | try to cross me? | 想把我供出来? |
[13:17] | You don’t wanna know me. | 你会宁愿不认识我 |
[13:29] | Delonte used you for break-ins? | Delonte要你参加入室行窃吗? |
[13:31] | Not me. Just terrance. | 没我 只有Terrance |
[13:33] | Couple weeks later,t was dead. | 几周后 T就被杀了 |
[13:35] | You think delonte took him out. | 你认为Delonte杀了他 |
[13:37] | So terrance could never finger him. | 那样Terrance就无法指证他了 |
[13:39] | My boy t was special,you know. | 我兄弟 T 很特别 |
[13:42] | It’s like a blessing and a curse around here. | 这地方象是被祝福和诅咒同时光临 |
[13:45] | A curse? | 诅咒? |
[13:46] | Soon as people find out you got something,they want a piece of you. | 如果有人发现你发达了 他们就想从中分一杯羹 |
[13:49] | Where’s this,uh,delonte now? | Delonte现在何处? |
[13:52] | He upstate on stick-up he did. | 他因持枪抢劫坐了牢 |
[13:54] | Just know,boy like that don’t snitch. | 记好了 那种孩子不是告密者 |
[13:57] | And he ain’t afraid of doin’ no time either. | 也不怕坐牢 |
[13:59] | Even the devil makes deals. | 哪怕他和魔鬼做了交易 |
[14:01] | Maybe… | 可能吧 但他一向能搞清楚 |
[14:08] | So… | 那么 |
[14:10] | off the painkillers yet? | 没吃止痛药了吗? |
[14:13] | Been off. | 没有了 |
[14:15] | Wound’s almost healed up. | 伤口基本上愈合了 |
[14:17] | You haven’t been sleeping much. | 你睡得不多吧? |
[14:19] | That obvious,huh? | 很明显吗? |
[14:21] | Any nightmares? | 做噩梦吗? |
[14:25] | Last session. | 最后一个疗程了 |
[14:26] | Might as well go out with a bang,right? | 最好心情愉快地离开 对吗? |
[14:29] | So to speak. | 可以这么说 |
[14:36] | the other night… yeah.*** | 那天晚上我做了个梦 |
[14:40] | They were wheeling me into the er, | 他们推我进急诊室 |
[14:44] | lights everywhere,voices. | 到处都是灯光和声音 |
[14:47] | How’d you feel? | 你感觉怎样? |
[14:48] | How did I feel? | 我感觉怎样? |
[14:52] | scared,I guess. | 我想是恐惧吧 |
[14:56] | They were badgering me,asking me questions. | 他们纠缠着问我 |
[14:59] | Questions like what? | 问些什么? |
[15:01] | I-I can’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[15:03] | Try. | 想一下 |
[15:05] | Is there anyone to call? | 你想给谁去电话吗? |
[15:06] | Who do you want us to call? | 你想要我们给谁去电话? |
[15:09] | Something like that. | 一些类似的问题 |
[15:10] | Was there? | 有吗? |
[15:12] | Was there what? | 有什么? |
[15:14] | Anyone to call,lilly? | 有想要去电话的人吗 Lilly? |
[15:17] | When you’re in a situation like that, | 当你处在那种情形下 |
[15:18] | you ask yourself these things,take inventory of your life. | 你会问问自己 审视过往的生活 |
[15:24] | What you’ve done,whom you’ve loved. | 你做过什么 你爱过谁 |
[15:26] | That’s what your nightmare’s telling you. | 你做的梦会告诉你这些 |
[15:30] | That photo’s gotta be what,15 years old? | 那张照片已经有15年了吧? |
[15:34] | Your daughter,jessica,she’s not a little girl anymore,is she? | 你女儿 Jessica不再是小女孩了 对吗? |
[15:40] | You didn’t answer the question. | 你没回答我问题 |
[15:42] | No prom,graduation,wedding photos… | 没有高中毕业舞会 大学毕业 结婚照 |
[15:47] | just wonder why. | 只是感到好奇 |
[15:50] | You two still even talk anymore? | 你们俩还联络吗? |
[15:53] | Maybe not. | 可能没有吧 |
[15:55] | That’s why you fix other people’s problems. ‘Cause you can’t fix your own? | 那就是你想解决别人问题的原因 因为你处理不好自己的? |
[15:58] | That’s impressive. | 真让人印象深刻 |
[16:00] | Too bad you can’t see yourself the way you see me. | 你能看清我却看不清你自己 |
[16:06] | Oh,I,uh… my time’s up. | 时间到了 |
[16:13] | The nightmares won’t end,lilly. | 噩梦不会结束的 Lilly |
[16:15] | Until you can do that. | 除非你能那么做 |
[16:37] | ***** | 坐下 |
[16:44] | Remember him,delonte? | 记得他吗 Delonte? |
[16:49] | Another dead clocker off the block? | 又一个死在大街上的毒贩? |
[16:51] | Terrance carter,five years back. | Terrance Carter 5年前的事 |
[16:52] | Wasn’t a clocker,but he sure was good with numbers. | 他不是毒贩 不过对数字很在行 |
[16:55] | Kid you thought might be good at cracking combinations. | 他好象很会破解密码组合 |
[16:58] | That code scribbled on his hand mean something to you? | 你知道他手上写的数字含义吗? |
[17:02] | I can’t help you. | 我无能为力 |
[17:03] | You used him for break-ins. | 你曾利用他进行入室行窃 |
[17:05] | Did I now? | 我现在还这样做吗? |
[17:07] | Who told you that? | 谁告诉你的? |
[17:08] | No sweat off your back,take terrance out of the picture after a job. | 完事后干掉Terrance 眼都不眨一下 |
[17:12] | Leaving no one to flip on you. | 那样就没人指证你了 |
[17:16] | Sorry,fellas. | 抱歉 伙计们 |
[17:17] | We done playin’ footsie? | 我们斗嘴完了吗? |
[17:18] | Co says you’re the alpha dog on this cell block. | 狱官说你是这里的老大 |
[17:21] | Makes sense,with half your crew locked up in here. | 有道理 你有一半手下关在这里 |
[17:24] | I get anything I want on the inside. | 我在里面要什么有什么 |
[17:26] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[17:28] | Don’t see nothing about conjugal visitation. | 我没看到夫妻探望记录 |
[17:31] | Don’t nobody get that. | 没人有那个特权 |
[17:32] | See my baby mama through the glass once a month. | 我妻子每月隔着玻璃窗看我一次 |
[17:35] | Saying we might be able to pull some strings you play this right. | 我们能设法让你们有机会呆一起 |
[17:39] | So pull. | 那就去办吧 |
[17:40] | Give us something about the break-ins, | 告诉我们关于入室行窃的事 |
[17:41] | and maybe you get to put your jack in a box. | 可能你的小弟弟就能放对地方了 |
[17:45] | Glaze that ham with some real honey. | 给它上点真正的”蜂蜜” |
[17:51] | I used that punk once for a break-in,but it didn’t work out. | 我只用那个小阿飞做过一次 但没有成功 |
[17:56] | All the more reason to fear him snitching. | 所以更怕他去告密 |
[17:58] | Please. | 拜托 |
[17:59] | Kid was all brains and no balls. | 那孩子聪明有余 胆量不足 |
[18:03] | You ask me,wasn’t no pot shot took him out,either. | 如果问我 我也没杀他 |
[18:24] | Check in there for the safe. | 到那边找下保险箱 |
[18:26] | Go,go. | 去啊 |
[18:52] | what you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[18:55] | Where’s the safe? | 保险箱在哪? |
[18:57] | Who is there? | 谁在那里? |
[18:59] | – who’s there? | 快跑 |
[19:12] | you hit the bird man’s apartment. | 你们闯进了养鸟人的家 |
[19:15] | Crazy ol’ coot came home blasting. | 那疯子回家就乱开火 |
[19:17] | Was terrance hit? | Terrance被打中了吗? |
[19:19] | No,just wet his pants. | 没有 吓得尿湿了裤子 |
[19:22] | Didn’t grab nothing but some stupid notebook. | 除了些没用的笔记外 什么都没拿 |
[19:25] | But the bird man got a good look at his face. | 可养鸟人看清楚了他的脸 |
[19:28] | – So? – So,kid got shot up on that roof,right? | – 所以说? – 那孩子在屋顶中枪了 是吗? |
[19:31] | You’re saying it’s the bird man? | 你说是养鸟人干的? |
[19:32] | He always up there. | 他一直在那的 |
[19:34] | Figured he caught up to the little man one day. | 我想他终于逮住了那小子 |
[19:37] | Took him out. | 杀了他 |
[19:50] | Had an uncle used to race bird. | 我有个叔叔养过信鸽 |
[19:54] | He’s kinda plump for a homing pigeon. | 他很喜欢信鸽 |
[19:57] | Oscar’s a rock pigeon. | Oscar是一只野鸽 |
[19:59] | Fell out a nest into the gutter when he was a baby. | 小时候时从巢里摔到了排水沟里 |
[20:02] | Nursed him back to health. | 我一直照顾他到康复为止 |
[20:05] | I need to talk to you about a break-in,augustine. | 我要跟你谈下入室行窃的事 Augustine |
[20:07] | Your apartment. Few years back. | 在你家 5年前 |
[20:09] | Shots fired. Remember that? | 你开枪了 记得吗? |
[20:14] | Some punks broke into my place. Had to protect myself. | 有些流氓闯进我家 我不得不自卫 |
[20:18] | Only you never reported it. | 只是你从没报过警 |
[20:21] | 911’s a joke on this block. | 打911报警在这个街区是笑话 |
[20:23] | Boys got what was coming to ’em. | 那几个孩子也得到教训了 |
[20:26] | Unfortunately,one of ’em got shot. | 不幸的是 他们中的一个中枪了 |
[20:28] | Right up here on the roof of this building. | 就在这里 这幢楼的楼顶 |
[20:30] | 14-year-old terrance carter. | 14岁 Terrance Carter |
[20:32] | Bullet from a nine. | 9毫米口径的枪 |
[20:33] | We check your apartment,we gonna find that weapon? | 如果搜查你的公寓 会找到那把枪吗? |
[20:36] | Search away. | 去搜吧 |
[20:37] | I didn’t kill that boy. | 我没有杀那个男孩 |
[20:38] | The code written on his hand… | 他手上写的数字 |
[20:42] | – mean anything to you? – Nope. | – 你知道些什么吗? – 不 |
[20:46] | But he didn’t talk much about his personal life. | 他没怎么和我聊过私生活 |
[20:48] | You talked to terrance? When? | 你和Terrance聊过? 什么时候? |
[20:51] | Right up here on this roof. | 就在屋顶这里 |
[20:53] | Under much different circumstances. | 聊过很多次 |
[21:07] | Sick of you damn kids… | 讨厌的死小孩 |
[21:08] | – wait,wait,wait. – Trying to steal from me again? | – 等等 – 准备再偷一次吗? |
[21:10] | I was just trying to bring back what belonged to you. | 我只想把你的东西还给你 |
[21:23] | Who did this? | 谁写的? |
[21:24] | I was just messin’ around. | 我只是瞎写写 |
[21:26] | I didn’t mean to screw it up. | 我不是存心捣乱的 |
[21:37] | How’d you do this? | 你是怎么做的? |
[21:39] | When? | 什么时候做的? |
[21:40] | Don’t know. Just get caught up in stuff,lose track of time. | 不清楚 被这些东东迷住了 时间不知不觉就过去了 |
[21:44] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[21:45] | So that model airplane in your apartment– | 你房里的那个飞机模型– |
[21:47] | that some kind of hobby? | 是某种爱好吗? |
[21:49] | Some kind of career. | 那是我的事业 |
[21:51] | You make planes with numbers? | 你用数字造飞机? |
[21:54] | It’s called design. | 那叫设计 |
[21:55] | It’s all about numbers. | 飞机设计全都和数字有关 |
[21:56] | How you learn about all that stuff? | 你是怎么学到那些东西的? |
[21:58] | Planes,birds,flying. | 飞机 鸟 飞行 |
[22:01] | Try the public library. | 去公共图书馆就知道了 |
[22:02] | Sounds boring. | 听上去挺无聊的 |
[22:07] | the more I know about flight,the less I know. | 关于飞行 知道得越多 就越觉得自己无知 |
[22:11] | Gotta have a passion for it. | 你必须对它有激情 |
[22:13] | But you wouldn’t know anything about that. | 你不会想知道这些的 |
[22:15] | Why’s that? | 为什么? |
[22:16] | It would require you to use your brain for something | 它需要你专心动脑子 |
[22:18] | other than trying to rip people off. | 而不是去偷别人的东西 |
[22:23] | That one bird in the red cage… | 红色笼里的那只鸽子 |
[22:25] | how come he don’t ever get out? | 怎么从来都不出来? |
[22:27] | Lost his will to fly. | 它已经不想飞了 |
[22:29] | It’s a bird,ain’t it? | 它只不过是一只鸟 对吗? |
[22:30] | So you’re not only a thief, | 你不仅仅是一个贼 |
[22:31] | you’re a know-it-all pain-in-the-ass,too? | 还是自以为无所不知的讨厌鬼 |
[22:34] | ‘Sup,t? | “怎么了 T?” |
[22:38] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[22:44] | Race ’em. | 赛鸽比赛 |
[22:46] | Every thursday from the basketball courts. | 每个星期四 在篮球场 |
[22:50] | Race what? | 比赛什么? |
[22:51] | The babies. | 幼鸽 |
[22:52] | Flight training. | 飞行训练 |
[22:55] | You’d probably think it was boring. | 你可能会觉得很无聊 |
[23:05] | Kid was special. | 那个孩子很特别 |
[23:08] | Raw mathematical ability,off the charts. | 天生的数学才能 超乎想像 |
[23:11] | He show up for the races? | 他去看比赛了吗? |
[23:13] | And the math and flight lessons. | 还去了数学课和飞行课 |
[23:15] | Tried to challenge him, | 想刺激他一下 |
[23:17] | show him there’s a world outside this block. | 让他看看在这街区外面另有一个世界 |
[23:21] | Till the inevitable happened. | 直到某件无法避免的事发生 |
[23:23] | What’s that? | 什么事? |
[23:25] | Some con showed up in his life. | 有骗子出现在他的生活中 |
[23:27] | Some con? | 骗子? |
[23:28] | Claimed he was his father. | 声称他是Terrance的父亲 |
[23:31] | Gerald carter? | |
[23:33] | Came to see his son? | 来见他的儿子? |
[23:34] | All I know is,few days after dad shows up, | 我只知道 他父亲出现的几天后 |
[23:39] | I wake up to feed my birds, | 我醒来去喂鸽子时 |
[23:42] | and they’d found that boy’s body. | 他们发现了小孩的尸体 |
[23:48] | Right over there. | 就在那里 |
[23:52] | got a real selective memory,gerald. | Gerald 你还真是贵人多忘事啊 |
[23:55] | Coming in here with that tale-of-woe-bs about not getting to see your son. | 到这来编个悲情故事 说见不到你儿子 |
[23:59] | Look,I came back around,but my ex didn’t know. | 听着 我是回去了 但我前妻不知道 |
[24:02] | Court said I owed child support,alimony,all that nonsense. | 法院说我欠孩子的赡养费 全他妈胡扯 |
[24:05] | Nonsense? | 胡扯? |
[24:07] | See? | 明白不? |
[24:08] | I knew the boy’s mom would flip out she knew I contacted him. | 如果他妈知道我去见他 肯定会气疯 |
[24:11] | So,why lie to us,unless you had something else to hide? | 为什么对我们撒谎 除非你有事想隐瞒? |
[24:15] | Me and the law,on a need-to-know basis. | 我和警察打交道 只说该说的 |
[24:19] | Ain’t about to change now. | 现在还是这个原则 |
[24:26] | So,you hadn’t seen your son in years. | 你好多年没见你儿子 |
[24:29] | All of sudden,you pop up in his life. | 然后突然出现在他生活中 |
[24:31] | Couple days later,he’s dead. | 几天后 他死了 |
[24:33] | Bad coincidence. | 这巧合不怎么妙嘛 |
[24:34] | Even worse,you split again. | 更糟糕的是 你又跑了 |
[24:37] | Didn’t even stick around to bury him. | 甚至都没参加他的葬礼 |
[24:40] | maybe I wasn’t the best father… | 也许我不是一个好父亲 |
[24:43] | but terrance was my blood. | 但是Terrance 是我的骨肉 |
[24:45] | Came back ’cause I had to give it another try. | 我回来是因为我想再试一下 |
[24:51] | Four basic forces of physics at work in flight. | 飞行中四个基本的物理作用力 |
[24:54] | Lift versus gravity; thrust versus drag,bernoulli’s principle… | 升力对抗重力 推力对抗阻力 柏努利定律 |
[24:59] | if you say so,boss. | 你说怎样就怎样 老板 |
[25:00] | I didn’t say so. | 不是我说了算 |
[25:01] | It’s a fact. | 这是事实 |
[25:02] | Flight is a delicate balance of math and physics. | 飞行是数学和物理的精密平衡 |
[25:04] | The larger the wing… | 机翼越大 |
[25:05] | the greater the lift. | 升力越大 |
[25:06] | Wing aspect ratio. | 机翼展弦比 |
[25:07] | Speak your peace got that. | 我明白 |
[25:09] | Really? | 真的? |
[25:12] | where’d you get that? | 你在哪里看到的? |
[25:13] | Public library. | 公共图书馆 |
[25:16] | the formula you used to design that plane in your apartment? | 那就是你在公寓里设计飞机的公式? |
[25:20] | I used to be an engineer. | 我曾经是个工程师 |
[25:21] | Big firm. Long time ago. | 很久以前 一个大公司 |
[25:23] | How you end up back here? | 那你怎么会到这里来的? |
[25:27] | I wanted to rethink the way we design planes, | 我想重新思考我们设计飞机的方案 |
[25:30] | but they didn’t,so I left. | 但是他们不认同 我就离开了 |
[25:32] | Rethink? | 重新思考? |
[25:35] | Birds have flexible wings. | 鸟类有柔韧的翅膀 |
[25:37] | Took us thousands of years to approximate what they just come by naturally. | 我们花了几千年时间 才造出和它们差不多的东西 |
[25:42] | Go ahead. | 别傻呆着 |
[25:43] | Let her rip. | 让她飞 |
[25:44] | For real? | 真的? |
[25:45] | Go on. | 去吧 |
[25:46] | It’s what they’re born to do. | 它们生来就是为了飞翔 |
[25:58] | there are things which seem incredible to most men who’ve never studied mathematics. | 有些事对不懂数学的人来说难以置信 |
[26:03] | Never thought about birds like that. | 从来没从这角度想过鸟类 |
[26:05] | We’re all in the gutter, | 我们都生活在水沟里 |
[26:07] | but some of us are looking at the stars. | 但有些人却在仰望群星 |
[26:09] | Who said that? | 谁说的? |
[26:11] | Oscar wilde. | Oscar Wilde(爱尔兰著名唯美作家) |
[26:12] | Oscar,huh? | |
[26:14] | Terrence. | |
[26:18] | dad? | 老爸? |
[26:19] | Michael told me i might find you here. | Michael 说我也许可以在这里找到你 |
[26:21] | Didn’t mention how big you went and got. | 他没说你都这么大了 |
[26:23] | I was hoping we could talk a bit. | 我们能不能谈一下 |
[26:26] | Maybe catch me up on some things,son. | 我想知道一些事情 |
[26:30] | Keep your eye on the stars,kid. | 把目光停留在群星上 孩子 |
[26:34] | come on baby | 来吧 孩子 |
[26:37] | So,baby,you be good. | 你还好吧 |
[26:45] | that bird man wasn’t his father. | 那个养鸟的人不是他老爸 |
[26:48] | I was. | 我才是 |
[26:50] | You had a problem with augustine. | 你看不惯Augustine |
[26:52] | Grown man hanging out with my boy,acting white? | 一大把年纪和我儿子混一起 明明是黑人却装成白人? |
[26:56] | couldn’t figure out his angle. | 都闹不明白他啥意思 |
[26:58] | That’s no surprise. | 那有什么奇怪的 |
[26:59] | You’re not that bright. | 是你没那么聪明 |
[27:01] | But your son– he was special. | 但是你的儿子–很特别 |
[27:05] | Least one of ’em anyway. | 不管怎么说 至少有一个是聪明人 |
[27:07] | So that was your angle. | 这就是你的观点喽 |
[27:09] | You figured out what terrance could do. | 你知道了Terrance能做什么 |
[27:11] | Michael told you he could count cards. | Michael告诉你 他会记牌 |
[27:14] | Never heard nothing about that. | 从来没听过 |
[27:16] | Just glad we got to spend some time together. | 能待在一起很开心 仅此而已 |
[27:18] | A couple days later,he winds up dead. | 几天后 他死了 |
[27:21] | Yeah,you’re father of the year. | 你可真是”年度最佳父亲”嘛 |
[27:23] | Don’t need to justify nothing to y’all. | 我不需要对你们证明什么 |
[27:26] | He was my son. | 他是我儿子 |
[27:28] | You’re nothing but a lowlife con. | 你只不过是一个小混混 |
[27:30] | I grew up around shiftless fools like you, | 我成长的环境里都是你这种蠢蛋 |
[27:33] | expect something for nothing. | 整天期待不劳而获 |
[27:35] | Who you think you are,man? | 你以为自己是谁啊? |
[27:37] | I’m the guy who goes around cleaning up all your mess. | 我就是清理你这种混蛋的人 |
[27:40] | Screwed up families and sons you don’t even deserve. | 把家庭和儿子弄得一团糟 你甚至不配拥有他们 |
[27:43] | At least my boy understood. | 至少我儿子理解我 |
[27:48] | Never forget your people,where you came from. | 永远别忘记你的同胞 别忘记自己从哪来的 |
[27:53] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 什么意思? |
[27:55] | I wouldn’t expect a couple of black cops to understand that. | 我没指望一对黑人警察会明白 |
[28:01] | go ahead. Take a swing. | 来啊 动手打我啊 |
[28:04] | I could use the money. | 我可以拿赔偿金了 |
[28:10] | Just a matter of time before we sort this out,gerald. | 找出真相只是时间问题 Gerald |
[28:29] | terrance went to the library,right? | Terrance 去过图书馆? |
[28:32] | The number written on his hand. | 写在他手上的字母 |
[28:34] | Could be some sort of reference number. | 可能是某些参考资料的号码 |
[28:36] | What,like a book? | 比如一本书? |
[28:38] | I’m not sure if it’s dewey decimal,but it could be a date. | 不确定那是否是杜威十进制数 也可能是一个日期 |
[28:42] | Six,seven,89. | |
[28:45] | Sam. | |
[28:47] | I’m thinking newspaper,magazine,some sort of periodical? | 可能是报纸 杂志 或者期刊吗? |
[28:53] | 23-five. | |
[28:55] | Page number? | 页码? |
[28:57] | Terrance looked something up, | Terrance 在找什么东西 |
[28:58] | but he wasn’t writing any book reports. | 但是他没有写过读书笔记 |
[29:01] | Well,it’s worth a shot. | 值得去查一下 |
[29:04] | Hit the library,dewey. | 去图书馆看看 杜威先生 |
[29:12] | S-a-m– san antonio mercury news. | S-A-M-指 |
[29:15] | That’s got to be it,right? | 是那个吗? |
[29:17] | Your call,bro. | 你决定 兄弟 |
[29:18] | Okay,june,’89. | 1989年六月 |
[29:21] | that’s the reason I did not make it through college. | 那就是我没有大学毕业的原因 |
[29:25] | Yeah,college blows,dude. | 对 堕落的大学 伙计 |
[29:29] | June 7,1989,page 23. | 1989年六月7号 第23页 |
[29:34] | Plane crash outside of dallas. | Dallas市外的坠机事故 |
[29:36] | Take a look. | 看看 |
[29:39] | Uh,civilian plane,down in flames,killed five people. | 民航飞机坠毁起火 5人死亡 |
[29:44] | Keep going. | 继续 |
[29:46] | Mechanical malfunction attributed to a flaw in the airplane’s design. | 飞机设计缺陷引发机械故障 |
[29:50] | Aeronautical firm named in the lawsuit. | 航空公司被起诉 |
[29:54] | And one particular engineer. | 特别提到了某位工程师 |
[29:55] | Augustine bennett. | |
[29:58] | Talk about a career-killer. | 职业的杀手 |
[30:00] | And terrance found out. | Terrance发现了 |
[30:04] | You’re a proud man,augustine. | Augustine 你是个自负的人 |
[30:06] | Once a top-flight aeronautical engineer. | 曾经是世界顶级航空公司的工程师 |
[30:09] | But you screwed up. | 但是你搞砸了 |
[30:11] | Big time. | 大麻烦 |
[30:14] | Plane you designed back in the ’80s went down. | 你在80年代设计的飞机坠毁了 |
[30:18] | All five passengers died. | 机上5名乘客都死了 |
[30:20] | And everyone blamed you. | 并且每个人都指责你 |
[30:24] | To get to that level and fail so publicly must have been devastating. | 升到那种地位却当众身败名裂 一定是毁灭性打击 |
[30:30] | You had to walk away,to bury it. | 你不得不离开 把那件事埋藏起来 |
[30:32] | But all those years later,along comes this precocious 14-year-old boy. | 但这么多年后 这一切又和那个 早熟的14岁男孩回来了 |
[30:38] | A whiz kid. | 一个神童 |
[30:40] | And you let him in,and he digs up the one thing you buried. | 你让他进入你的生活 他发现了你想掩埋的事 |
[30:45] | Confronts you. | 他来质问你 |
[30:47] | You can’t handle it ’cause now you’re a just a liar. | 你不知道怎么办 因为你是个骗子 |
[30:51] | Right? | 对吧? |
[30:53] | You’d have to be perfect,you know. | 你必须做到完美无缺 |
[30:57] | A man in my position. | 在我这个位置上的人 |
[31:01] | Because if you mess up,people die. | 因为如果你犯错 就会有人死掉 |
[31:06] | And you lose everything. | 然后你一切都没了 |
[31:10] | Augustine,did you shoot terrance up on that roof? | Augustine 你有没有在楼顶上 开枪杀了Terrance? |
[31:15] | He was caught in the middle. | 他正左右为难 |
[31:18] | Being dragged down by people who didn’t have his best interests at heart. | 被一些并不真为他着想的人拉过去 |
[31:28] | Where you been? | 你去哪了? |
[31:30] | You haven’t showed up for class all week. | 整周都没来上课 |
[31:33] | Back in the game,huh? | 继续玩牌去了? |
[31:36] | Got to make it out. | 我得想清楚一些事 |
[31:37] | Only way how. | 到底该过哪种生活 |
[31:38] | Like your old man? | 像你老子一样? |
[31:39] | Bumming around this block. | 在这里游手好闲 |
[31:41] | Dice and card games till you wind up in jail or shot? | 掷骰子玩牌 直到坐牢或被枪打死? |
[31:46] | What you want from me? | 你想从我这儿得到点什么? |
[31:49] | To start trying to use your brain for something else. | 用你的脑子做点别的什么 |
[31:52] | Create something for once in your life. | 在你的人生中创造点什么 |
[31:56] | Or you want to wind up some loser,kicking ’round here till you drop. | 还是你想成为失败者 在这里游荡到死 |
[32:00] | What,like you? | 怎么 像你一样? |
[32:03] | When you planning on telling me? | 你准备什么时候告诉我? |
[32:06] | You know,about the plane? | 关于飞机? |
[32:09] | The one that crashed? | 坠机的那个 |
[32:13] | You’re just like the rest of ’em. | 你和他们一样 |
[32:15] | And now look at you. | 看看你 |
[32:16] | You can barely leave the building. | 你几乎不离开这座楼 |
[32:18] | Listen to you. | 听听 |
[32:20] | Never even been off the block. | 你从没离开过这个街区 |
[32:22] | At least I tried. | 至少我试过 |
[32:24] | Don’t worry about me. | 别为我担心 |
[32:26] | Do the math,smart guy. | 学数学吧 你很聪明 |
[32:28] | They got a formula for young black males round here, | 他们给这里的年青黑人算了个公式 |
[32:30] | how long you’ll live. | 算出你的平均寿命 |
[32:31] | Guess we’ll see. | 我猜我们会看到的 |
[32:36] | You’re done wasting my time. | 我再不会为你浪费我的时间了 |
[32:38] | You’re going to have to decide what you’re going to do with your life. | 你得自己决定 要过什么样的生活 |
[32:41] | Already did. | 已经决定了 |
[32:44] | Got a game to play. | 去玩牌 |
[32:49] | Forced him to choose that night. | 那天晚上强迫他选 |
[32:52] | Between you and the streets. | 在你和游荡街头之间选择 |
[32:54] | Terrance was dead before dawn. | Terrance在天亮前死了 |
[32:58] | Some big card game,huh? | 某个重要牌局? |
[33:00] | Big fat ray’s? | 大胖Ray的? |
[33:06] | Think delonte told a big fat lie. | Delonte撒了个大谎 |
[33:12] | How about a hand of blackjack,delonte? | 来把21点怎么样 Delonte? |
[33:15] | Name your stakes. | 下注吧 |
[33:17] | Nah,I don’t gamble. | 我不赌的 |
[33:19] | That’s right. | 很对 |
[33:20] | You cheat… | 你诈骗… |
[33:21] | and lie. | 而且说谎 |
[33:22] | Told us you dropped terrance after the break-in. | 说你在Terrance入室行窃后就不要他了 |
[33:25] | But blackjack was your game and terrance could count cards. | 但你玩21点 Terrance会算牌 |
[33:28] | Whatever. | 没什么说的 |
[33:30] | Conjugal visitation’s off the table. | 夫妻探视的交易取消了 |
[33:33] | Count on five more years of making love to a sock. | 你就指望今后五年跟袜子做爱吧 |
[33:36] | Try not to strip all the bark off the wood. | 别把皮都磨破了 |
[33:39] | Nothing new. | 没什么奇怪的 |
[33:40] | I’m a man. | 我是个男人 |
[33:41] | That’s right. | 对 |
[33:42] | Keep acting the big man. | 那就继续象个老大 |
[33:44] | Like you still run the game. | 像你还掌管大局一样 |
[33:46] | Tough to call the shots after you’re transferred to a supermax facility. | 当你转到高控区时 就很难发号施令了 |
[33:49] | You’d be in solitary,lockdown 23 hours a day. | 你会被单独关押 每天23个小时 |
[33:53] | Kind of like veal. | 有点像待宰的小牛 |
[33:55] | Except for that one hour where they let you walk around that little concrete-walled pen. | 除了每天1个小时 能在混凝土高墙里走走 |
[33:59] | Just in case you forgot you’re in a zoo. | 以免你忘了自己被关在动物园里 |
[34:02] | No need to be talking no supermax. | 没必要提高控区 |
[34:04] | But I throw you a bone,you got to give me something. | 我给你块骨头 你也得给我点什么吧 |
[34:10] | Sorry,that’s all that’s on the table. | 对不起 就桌上这点儿 |
[34:16] | I brought the kid to fat ray’s game. | 我带那孩子去大胖Ray的赌局 |
[34:18] | To count cards. | 去算牌 |
[34:20] | I was the player. | 我来赌 |
[34:21] | Kid was the spotter. | 他看着 |
[34:23] | He’d watch the deck. | 他看牌 |
[34:25] | I’d watch the kid. | 我看着他 |
[34:26] | He’d signal you? | 你给你打信号? |
[34:28] | The count was low,he’d cross his arm. | 点数低的话 他交叉胳膊 |
[34:31] | The deck was high,he’d touch his chin. | 点数高的话 他摸下巴 |
[34:34] | Simple. | 很简单 |
[34:36] | I would’ve cut him in,too. | 我本来想分点钱给他 |
[34:38] | But what? | 但是? |
[34:40] | Little man didn’t stick to the plan. | 小家伙不依照计划行事 |
[34:45] | keep it coming,ray. | 继续 Ray |
[34:48] | **** | 15了 |
[35:06] | double it up. | 加倍赌注 |
[35:08] | hit me | 发牌 |
[35:11] | 5 makes 20 | 5 现在是20点了 |
[35:14] | busted. | 输了 |
[35:21] | well,that leaves you,D. | 好吧 都给你 D |
[35:24] | Taking a beatdown tonight,ray. | 我今天手气很好 Ray |
[35:31] | Give me another one. | 再给我来一杯 |
[35:33] | that leaves you, D. | 去 |
[35:34] | I’m fixing to bring down the house. | 我准备通吃啦 |
[35:42] | That’s my boy right here. | 真是我的好儿子 |
[35:45] | I’ve been watching you do your thing. | 我在看你做事 |
[35:48] | Smooth. Smooth. | 很棒 很棒 |
[35:51] | Say me and you take a little trip this weekend? | 你和我这周末来次旅行吧 |
[35:53] | Father,son,atlantic city. | 父亲和儿子 大西洋城(著名赌城)? |
[35:59] | What about michael? | 那Michael呢? |
[36:02] | Nah,just me and you. | 只有你和我 |
[36:04] | The tables won’t know what hit ’em. | 没人会知道 |
[36:14] | Nah,I got school. | 不行 我得上学 |
[36:17] | Don’t worry about that. | 别担心 |
[36:19] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[36:21] | You’re my main man. | 你是我最关心的人 |
[36:24] | Do your thing,boy. | 做你的事情吧 孩子 |
[36:57] | Bring it,big man. | 来吧 大家伙 |
[36:59] | hit me | 发牌 |
[37:10] | 25 | |
[37:12] | Busted. | 你输了 |
[37:22] | he cost me a lot of bank. | 他让我输了很多钱 |
[37:24] | He punk’d you. | 他耍了你 |
[37:26] | That was unacceptable. | 那是无法接受的 |
[37:28] | Think what you want. | 随便你怎么想都行 |
[37:29] | I ain’t shoot that kid. | 我不会杀那孩子的 |
[37:31] | all right,why would you do that when all you had to do was order the hit? | 好吧 如果只需下个命令就能搞定 干嘛还要自己动手? |
[37:35] | You got somebody to testify to that? | 你有证人吗? |
[37:40] | I didn’t think so. | 我可不这么想 |
[37:43] | His half-brother was at the card game, | 他同父异母的哥哥也在现场 |
[37:46] | hanging with 29th street crew colors. | 和29街的兄弟们混在一起 |
[37:48] | Michael. | |
[37:49] | Kid was a wannabe. | 那孩子是个狂热追随者 |
[37:51] | Still had to prove himself. | 仍然想证明自己 |
[37:53] | So you used michael to track down terrance to kill him. | 所以你利用Machael找到Terrance 然后杀了他 |
[37:56] | Michael knew the score. | Michael知道如何去干 |
[37:58] | He wants to take it into his own hands,so be it. | 他想亲自动手 所以就让他去了 |
[38:01] | Son of a bitch. | 婊子养的 |
[38:03] | But that ain’t on me. | 但不能算到我头上 |
[38:04] | I didn’t pulled that trigger. | 我没扣扳机 |
[38:07] | Oh,yeah… | 哦 是… |
[38:09] | there’s not a whole lot of natural light at supermax. | 在高控区见不到自然光照 |
[38:11] | We’ll be sure to send you a postcard, | 我们一定会给你寄卡片 |
[38:12] | and let you know what season it is. | 告诉你季节的转换 |
[38:15] | Hey,what’s up? | 嘿 怎么回事? |
[38:16] | We had a deal. | 我们有交易的 |
[38:18] | You got somebody to testify to that? | 有人做证吗? |
[38:23] | Didn’t think so. | 我不这么认为 |
[38:32] | It’s a real shame,how you got caught up in the game,michael. | 真丢脸 你被困在赌局里了 Michael |
[38:36] | Had to do delonte’s bidding. | 你得听Delonte的命令 |
[38:38] | Prove yourself. | 来证明自己 |
[38:41] | thug life. | 暴徒的生活 |
[38:43] | 29th street crew. | 29街的人 |
[38:45] | That’s just how it is out there. | 那里的生活就是这样的 |
[38:47] | You got to choose. | 你得选择 |
[38:49] | Choose what? | 选择什么? |
[38:50] | Play or pray. | 加入比赛还是祈祷 |
[38:51] | It was about survival. | 都是关于生存 |
[38:53] | Terrance made his choice,that night at the card game. | Terrance做了选择 在那天的牌桌上 |
[38:57] | Wound up getting him killed. | 结果被杀了 |
[38:59] | What were you doing there,michael? | 你在那干嘛 Michael? |
[39:03] | Terrance was your blood. | Terrance是你的亲兄弟 |
[39:06] | But delonte… | 但是Delonte… |
[39:08] | was your new family. | 是你新的家庭 |
[39:09] | We know he told you to go after terrance, | 我们知道他让你找Terrance算账 |
[39:12] | and you knew where to find him. | 你也知道到哪儿找他 |
[39:15] | Gang pretends it’s your family. You know? | 流氓假装是你的家人 知道不? |
[39:18] | Guess you found out the hard way it’s all a bunch of bull. | 我想你吃了很大的教训才发现 他们全在撒谎 |
[39:23] | After I caught one in the back,wound up whizzing in a bag… | 在我背后中了一枪 只能坐轮椅时… |
[39:29] | guess they had no use for me no more. | 想他们再也不需要我了 |
[39:32] | None of them cared. | 他们谁也不关心 |
[39:34] | Never did. | 从不 |
[39:36] | Except T. | 除了 T |
[39:39] | He was my brother. | 他是我弟弟 |
[39:41] | But he should’ve kept going. | 但他应该继续向前 |
[39:44] | Never looked back. | 再也不往回看 |
[39:50] | You know,I found him the one place we always went to as kids. | 我在那个我们还是孩子时经常去的 地方找到他 |
[39:54] | The roof. | 楼顶 |
[39:57] | Now why’d he go there? | 他去那儿干什么? |
[40:01] | He came back for me. | 他回来找我的 |
[40:06] | Time to fly,little buddy. | 到飞的时候了 伙计 |
[40:09] | Why’d you do it,t? | 你为什么要那么做 T? |
[40:11] | You messed up bad. | 你全弄砸了 |
[40:13] | Mike,listen… | Mike 听着… |
[40:14] | how we gonna get delonte’s money back? | 我们怎么把Delonte的钱弄回来? |
[40:16] | We can’T. | 我们没办法 |
[40:17] | We’re not. Screw delonte. | 不管了 去他的Delonte |
[40:19] | What? | 什么? |
[40:19] | Screw dad. Screw all of ’em. | 去他的爸爸 让他们都滚 |
[40:21] | Oh,you mean screw me,too. | 哦 你是说也让我滚? |
[40:23] | Nah,don’t you see? | 不是 你看不出来吗? |
[40:25] | They ain’t gonna do nothin’ but let you down. | 他们只会让你失望 |
[40:27] | I don’t get it,man… | 我不明白… |
[40:28] | I always tried to look out for you. | 我一直努力照顾你 |
[40:30] | I know,that’s why I’m telling you we got to get the hell out of here,mike. | 我知道 所以我告诉你 我们要离开 Mike |
[40:32] | And go where? | 去哪? |
[40:34] | And do what? | 做什么? |
[40:34] | I’m not worried. We’re smarter than all of ’em. | 我不担心 我们比他们都聪明 |
[40:37] | See,that’s ’cause you got something special. | 看 那是因为你有天赋 |
[40:41] | Everybody see that. | 所有人都知道 |
[40:44] | But this is all I got. | 但我所有的 |
[40:46] | These four blocks. | 就是这四个街区 |
[40:47] | That’s not true. | 那不是真的 |
[40:50] | But if we stay here,going this way… | 但如果我们呆在这儿 继续这种生活 |
[40:53] | we’ll die here. | 早晚我们会死在这儿 |
[40:58] | It’s where we at now,T. | 我们已经走到这一步了 T |
[41:02] | You had a choice. | 你可以选的 |
[41:05] | But now you left me with none. | 但现在你让我没得选 |
[41:08] | Just come with me,mike. | 和我一起走吧 Mike |
[41:12] | Just get out of here | 离开这儿 |
[41:19] | just come with me | 跟我走 |
[41:22] | you shouldn’t have come back,T. | 你不应该回来的 T |
[41:25] | Don’t do this,mike. | 别这么做 Mike |
[41:27] | I’m sorry,T. | 对不起 T |
[41:30] | You’re my brother. | 你是我哥哥 |
[41:33] | See,you special. | 看 你是天才 |
[41:35] | Don’t do this,mike. | 别这么做 Mike |
[41:37] | Me? | 我? |
[41:39] | I’m a nobody. | 我一无是处 |
[41:55] | oh,lordy,trouble so hard | |
[42:00] | oh,lordy,trouble so hard | |
[42:05] | oh,lordy, trouble so hard | |
[42:09] | oh,lordy, trouble so hard | “去寻找星星了 谢谢 T” |
[42:14] | don’t nobody know my troubles but god | |
[42:18] | don’t nobody know my troubles but god | |
[42:23] | went down the hill other day | |
[42:27] | soul got happy and stayed all day | |
[42:32] | went down the hill other day | |
[42:36] | so darn happy I stayed all day | |
[42:40] | oh,lordy, trouble so hard | |
[42:45] | oh,lordy, trouble so hard | |
[42:49] | don’t nobody know my troubles but god | |
[42:54] | don’t nobody know my troubles but god | |
[42:58] | oh,lordy,trouble so hard | |
[43:03] | oh,lordy trouble so hard | |
[43:07] | don’t nobody know my troubles but god | |
[43:11] | don’t nobody know my troubles but god | |
[43:16] | went in the room didn’t stay long | |
[43:20] | looked on the bed and brother was dead | |
[43:25] | went in the room didn’t stay long | |
[43:29] | looked on the bed and brother was dead | |
[44:18] | Cold Case Season 05 Episode 06 | 铁证悬案 |