时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:30] | Tell mama I’m going to play. | 告诉妈我玩去了 |
[00:33] | You better be home before the streetlights come on, girl. | 天黑前最好回家来 丫头 |
[00:41] | Fireflies turn into fairies at the end of summer. | 萤火虫在夏末会变成精灵 |
[00:44] | Why fairies? | 为什么 |
[00:46] | ’cause, they do. | 没有为什么 |
[00:49] | You made that up. | 你瞎说 |
[00:50] | You never see fireflies in the winter, right? | 你从没在冬天见过萤火虫吧 |
[00:53] | In brooklyn, we never saw them ever. | 我在布鲁克林的时候根本没见过萤火虫 |
[00:55] | ’cause they turn into fairies, that’s why. | 因为它们都变成精灵了 |
[00:57] | Yeah? And go where? | 是吗 然后去哪了 |
[01:00] | Their castle in the sky, where nothing ever dies. | 在它们在天上的城堡里并得到永生 |
[01:04] | But not all fairies make it. | 但不是所有的精灵都能到那里 |
[01:05] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[01:06] | ’cause the trolls catch them. | 巨怪会抓它们 |
[01:09] | Where do the fireflies really go, Melanie? | 萤火虫到底去哪里了 梅兰妮 |
[01:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[01:18] | My brother said when summer ends, | 我哥说到了夏末 |
[01:20] | you won’t play with me anymore. | 你就不会再和我玩了 |
[01:22] | Why? | 为什么 |
[01:23] | ’cause you’re white, and I’m black. | 因为你是白人 我是黑人 |
[01:26] | But we’re best friends. | 但我们是最好的朋友 |
[01:29] | – Forever? – Forever and a day. | -永远 -永远永远 |
[01:32] | Maybe when summer ends, the fireflies go to heaven. | 也许到了夏末 萤火虫都上天堂了 |
[01:35] | Yeah, maybe. | 是啊 也许吧 |
[02:19] | Let’s get forensics in here, | 叫法医过来 |
[02:21] | see if they can pick anything up. | 看他们能不能发现点什么 |
[02:23] | – Lil. – Morning, boss. | -阿莉 -早 老大 |
[02:25] | What do you got? | 什么情况 |
[02:26] | Ever hear of a letter arriving 31 years too late? | 听说过迟到31年的信吗 |
[02:29] | Too late for what? | 迟到什么 |
[02:31] | Save the life of a young girl. | 拯救一个小女孩的生命 |
[02:33] | Former postman lived here? | 住这里的人以前是邮递员 |
[02:34] | Died last week. | 上礼拜去世了 |
[02:36] | Refused to deliver mail to blacks on his route back in ’75. | 75年的时候拒绝在他负责的黑人区送信 |
[02:39] | Welcome to the U.S.Postal Service. | 这就是美国邮政 |
[02:41] | His family found bags of mail stashed in the basement. | 他的家人在地下室发现了这些信 |
[02:44] | The inspector’s been sifting for hours. | 警员已经筛查很久了 |
[02:46] | This was in one of them. | 这是其中一封 |
[02:49] | From an eight-year-old girl, Melanie Campbell. | 一个8岁小女孩儿梅兰妮·坎贝尔写的 |
[02:51] | Went missing in ’75. | 她在75年失踪 |
[02:53] | Body never found. Presumed homicide. | 尸体一直没有找到 推测已被谋杀 |
[02:55] | Postcard’s addressed to her best friend, next door neighbor, | 信是送给她最好的朋友 就住在她隔壁 |
[02:57] | Cherise Pierce, black girl. Take a look. | 雪妮丝·皮尔斯 黑人女孩 你看 |
[03:01] | The trolls got me. | 我被巨怪抓了 |
[03:03] | Some kind of message? | 是暗号吗 |
[03:05] | It was postmarked the day Melanie disappeared. | 邮戳上的日期是她失踪那天 |
[03:08] | Cry for help. | 应该是求助吧 |
[03:10] | 31 years too late to save her. | 过了31年 已经来不及救她了 |
[03:13] | Maybe not too late to catch her killer. | 但是还来得及抓住凶手 |
[03:47] | Melanie Campbell, age eight. | 梅兰妮·坎贝尔 8岁 |
[03:49] | Abducted from her bedroom, night of october 23, 1975. | 1975年10月23日晚上在自己的卧室被诱拐 |
[03:54] | Her bloody ballet shshoe found in a nearby park. | 附近的公园里发现了她染血的芭蕾舞鞋 |
[03:56] | Tender-age search. | 年纪这么小 |
[03:57] | Lot of time, manpower on this one. | 花了很多时间和人力去找她 |
[03:59] | Body never recovered. | 尸体一直没找到 |
[04:00] | Theory was an intruder came in | 猜测是有人 |
[04:02] | through a broken basement window. | 打破地下室窗户闯入 |
[04:03] | A postcard was sent to her neighbor, Cherise Pierce. | 当天有张明信片寄给她的邻居 雪妮丝·皮尔斯 |
[04:07] | Never made it. | 没有送到 |
[04:08] | These kids were tight. | 这两个孩子关系很好 |
[04:09] | Best friends, hung out 24/7. | 最好的朋友 成天在一起 |
[04:11] | Not the only Pierce in here. | 皮尔斯家可不止一个人 |
[04:12] | Prime suspect at the time was Cherise’s | 当时的头号嫌犯 |
[04:15] | teenage brother, Terrell Pierce. | 是皮尔斯的哥哥 特勒尔·皮尔斯 |
[04:17] | Based on what? | 为什么 |
[04:19] | Kid had no record, straight-A student, Mr.Clean. | 这孩子没案底 成绩又好 绝对清白 |
[04:23] | Neighbor ID’d Terrell in the Campbells’ | 那晚邻居在坎贝尔的院子里 |
[04:24] | backyard, night of the abduction. | 看到过特勒尔 |
[04:25] | And these words “Saw that colored boy monkeying around on | 目击者的话说”看到那个黑色杂种 |
[04:29] | the side of their house.” | 在他们房子周围转” |
[04:30] | That’s credible. | 听着真可信 |
[04:32] | Lifted a partial palm print from | 坎贝尔家地下室窗户上 |
[04:33] | the Campbells’ basement window. | 找到一部分掌印 |
[04:34] | No match to Terrell. | 不属于特勒尔 |
[04:36] | Didn’t stop them from interrogating him. | 那也拦不住他们继续审问他 |
[04:38] | Six times. | 总共六次 |
[04:39] | Parents were questioned, too, but dismissed as suspects. | 父母也被问话 但作为嫌疑人被放走了 |
[04:42] | ’cause once the black kid was ID’d, it was all about him. | 因为一旦嫌犯是黑人 那肯定就是他干的了 |
[04:45] | Brewerytown was lily-white back then. | 布鲁威尔镇当时住的全是白人 |
[04:47] | Pierces were the first black family to move in. | 皮尔斯是第一家搬进去的黑人 |
[04:49] | That some kind of excuse? | 这算理由吗 |
[04:51] | Not an excuse, the times. | 不是理由 那时候就是这样 |
[04:52] | Aka white flight. | 白人大迁徙 |
[04:53] | Families hightailing it to the burbs, | 白人举家搬迁到郊区 |
[04:55] | terrified that their property values would tank. | 因为害怕自己的身家财产收到威胁 |
[04:58] | One way to spin it. | 都是借口 |
[05:00] | At least one white family stayed. The Campbells. | 至少坎贝尔一家选择留下来 |
[05:03] | Families of missing kids do that, refuse to move. | 有孩子失踪的家庭就会这样 不愿意搬家 |
[05:06] | Yeah, waiting for their child to walk through the door. | 是啊 等着他们的孩子回来 |
[05:09] | Lily’s gonna talk to the parents. | 莉莉会去和她家人谈谈 |
[05:12] | You want to take Cherise and Terrell? | 你想去找雪妮丝和特勒尔吗 |
[05:14] | Sure. | 好的 |
[05:23] | Could be Terrell didn’t deserve any of this. | 或许特勒尔不该遭到如此对待 |
[05:27] | Neither did Melanie. | 梅兰妮也是 |
[05:40] | “The trolls got me.” | “我被巨怪抓了” |
[05:44] | It was addressed to the girl next door, Cherise Pierce. | 这是寄给隔壁女孩儿雪妮丝·皮尔斯的 |
[05:49] | You think Melanie wrote that? | 你觉得是梅兰妮写的吗 |
[05:50] | Possibly. Could “the trolls” have meant something? | 有可能 “巨怪”有什么特殊含义吗 |
[05:54] | Melanie was always going on about | 梅兰妮痴迷于那些关于 |
[05:56] | fairies and trolls and fireflies. | 精灵 巨怪还有萤火虫的故事 |
[05:58] | Quite an imagination. | 都是天马行空的幻想 |
[06:00] | But it was just child’s talk. | 只是孩子随口说着玩罢了 |
[06:02] | Melanie did not write this. | 这不是梅兰妮写的 |
[06:03] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[06:04] | She just started the third grade, | 她才上三年级 |
[06:06] | and she didn’t know cursive. | 怎么会写草书 |
[06:08] | Of course Melanie wrote that. These are her words. | 这当然是梅兰妮写的 这是她的口气 |
[06:11] | But anyone who heard her playing would’ve known them. | 任何听过她说话的人都模仿得出来 |
[06:13] | Who wrote it, then? | 那你说是谁写的 |
[06:14] | Maybe the person who took her. | 也许是抓她的人 |
[06:16] | What kind of a monster would do a thing like that? | 什么样的变态才会干出这种事 |
[06:19] | That’s what I’m here to find out, Mrs.Campbell. | 我来就是为了把他找出来 坎贝尔女士 |
[06:22] | – So you’ll find Melanie, too? – Oh, Frances. | -那你也会找到梅兰妮了 -够了 弗朗西丝 |
[06:24] | She is alive. | 她还活着 |
[06:28] | It’s been 31 years. | 已经过了31年 |
[06:29] | I don’t care if it’s 131 years. | 就算是131年我也不管 |
[06:33] | Melanie is out there. | 梅兰妮肯定还活着 |
[06:38] | Can I walk you out? | 我送你出去吧 |
[06:51] | We are prisoners in this house because my wife believes | 因为我妻子坚信我们的女儿有一天会回来 |
[06:55] | our daughter’s gonna walk through that front door. | 所以我们都被关在了这间房子里 |
[06:57] | Just thought you should know we’re reopening the case. | 我们又重新开始调查这个案子了 |
[06:59] | All I want is to bury my child. | 我只想让我的孩子入土为安 |
[07:03] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[07:07] | Then bring her home. | 那就把她带回来吧 |
[07:22] | It was a lifetime ago. | 那简直恍如隔世 |
[07:26] | I barely remember that girl. | 我都快记不起来那个女孩了 |
[07:27] | You were best friends back when | 你们在黑人和白人从不来往的时候 |
[07:29] | blacks and whites didn’t exactly mix. | 可是最好的朋友 |
[07:32] | Take a look around. | 看看周围 |
[07:33] | Still don’t. | 现在也一样 |
[07:35] | I know you probably got an unfair shake in ’75. | 我知道你75年的时候可能遭受了不公平的对待 |
[07:37] | Probably? | 可能 |
[07:39] | Cops had me in the box for 16 hours at a time. | 警察曾把我关在牢里整整16个小时 |
[07:42] | That’s rough. | 那真不好受 |
[07:43] | Should’ve seen the ’50s and ’60s, you want to talk rough. | 50年和60年那会儿才叫不好受 |
[07:47] | You were ID’d in the girl’s yard the night she disappeared. | 那女孩失踪当晚有人看见你在她家院子里 |
[07:50] | By an old busybody who thought | 根据一个觉得黑人 |
[07:52] | blacks should go back to Africa. | 应该滚回非洲的老事精的口供 |
[07:54] | So that was a flat-out lie? | 这么说他在撒谎 |
[07:56] | Flat-out. | 是的 |
[07:59] | Talk about you and Melanie. | 说说你和梅兰妮的事吧 |
[08:01] | Like I said, it was long time ago. | 我说了 时间太久记不起来了 |
[08:03] | “The trolls” mean anyone in particular? | “巨怪”有特殊含义吗 |
[08:07] | Could be the difference between | 这可关系到 |
[08:08] | finding Melanie’s killer or not. | 能否找到凶手 |
[08:12] | Trolls were people we didn’t like. | 巨怪是指我们不喜欢的人 |
[08:14] | Go on. | 继续 |
[08:15] | We had codes for everything. | 我们有许多暗号 |
[08:16] | I’d say something like “Alvina lights a spark.” | 比如我说”阿尔娜亮起了火花” |
[08:20] | “Alvina lights a spark?” | “阿尔娜亮起了火花” |
[08:22] | Code for “I left a note on our clothesline.” | 意思是”我留了张纸条在晒衣绳上” |
[08:25] | So who were the trolls? | 那巨怪是指谁 |
[08:26] | Almost everyone. | 几乎所有人 |
[08:28] | Our friendship wasn’t looked on too kindly. | 大家都不爽我们的友谊 |
[08:30] | By who? | 比如呢 |
[08:31] | The whole neighborhood had it out for us, from the start. | 从一开始 全社区的人就都不爽我们 |
[08:35] | Everyone except Melanie. | 除了梅兰妮 |
[08:37] | Leave…! | 滚 |
[08:56] | Get out of here, critters! | 滚出去 臭虫 |
[08:57] | Leave…! | 滚 |
[09:06] | What does “critters” mean, Terrell? | “臭虫”是什么意思 特勒尔 |
[09:10] | Dad told you to go inside, Cherise. | 爸要你进屋去 雪妮丝 |
[09:14] | “critters” means bugs and stuff. | “臭虫”就是虫子 |
[09:20] | Want to see my fireflies? | 你想看我的萤火虫吗 |
[09:22] | Are those…bugs? | 这是虫子吗 |
[09:24] | Their booties light up at night. | 晚上它们会发光 |
[09:27] | They do. Like magic. | 真的 像魔法一样 |
[09:30] | I mean, if you believe in that stuff. | 如果你相信的话 |
[09:34] | Quit talking to that girl! | 别和她说话 |
[09:36] | Go home, Melanie! | 进屋去 梅兰妮 |
[09:37] | You’re not the boss of me, Mr. Wilson! | 你没权利管我 威尔森先生 |
[09:39] | I told you to go home. Now! | 我要你现在就进屋去 |
[09:43] | Leave…! | 滚 |
[09:53] | My mom said you can come over after dinner. | 我妈说晚饭后你可以来玩 |
[09:57] | I live right here. | 我就住在这里 |
[09:58] | We can catch fireflies when it gets dark. | 晚上我们可以一起去抓萤火虫 |
[10:02] | See you later, alligator. | 一会儿见 美洲鳄 |
[10:03] | After awhile, crocodile. | 一会儿见 鳄鱼 |
[10:08] | Quite a welcoming committee. | 这个欢迎可真”隆重” |
[10:10] | Courtesy of Hank Wilson, head of the civic club. | 承蒙市民俱乐部会长汉克·威尔森的好意 |
[10:14] | Civic club? More like a lynch mob. | 市民俱乐部 听着倒像是流氓俱乐部 |
[10:17] | Racists parading around as neighborhood associations. | 种族歧视的游行简直像他们的社区活动一样 |
[10:20] | Who was this bozo? | 这个会长是什么人 |
[10:22] | He owned the local hardware store. | 他在镇上开了家五金店 |
[10:24] | To him, the only thing worse than | 对他来说 唯一比黑人更糟糕的 |
[10:26] | us were whites who didn’t go along. | 是不听话的白人 |
[10:28] | Like Melanie. | 比如梅兰妮 |
[10:33] | Our friendship might have cost her her life. | 也许她是因为我们的友谊而丢了性命 |
[10:50] | It was our neighborhood, not theirs. | 那是我们的社区 不是他们的 |
[10:53] | Your family was there for 30 years, | 你的家族在那里住了30年 |
[10:55] | then, here come the coloreds. | 然后黑人来了 |
[10:56] | And to make matters worse, little Melanie Campbell | 更糟的是 小梅兰妮·坎贝尔 |
[10:58] | gets all buddy-buddy with the black girl. | 还和他们成了好朋友 |
[11:00] | Could make a die-hard racist like you blow a gasket. | 你这种强硬的种族主义者可气坏了吧 |
[11:02] | Whoa, hold on there. | 说话小心点 |
[11:04] | When Melanie disappeared, all the | 梅兰妮失踪的时候 |
[11:05] | white people got spooked, moved out. | 所有的白人都吓坏了 搬走了 |
[11:08] | Had to sell my house at a loss. | 我不得不亏本卖了房子 |
[11:11] | We were working people. | 我们是工薪阶层 |
[11:12] | House was all we had. | 房子是我们的全部 |
[11:14] | Beat up your own kid regular for looking at you funny. | 没事就打自己的孩子 |
[11:16] | What’s that got to do with anything? | 和这有什么关系 |
[11:18] | Maybe you let the fists fly with Melanie. | 也许你也打了梅兰妮 |
[11:19] | Lippy little kid must have pissed you off. | 那个爱顶嘴的小姑娘肯定让你很生气 |
[11:21] | I was working at the hardware | 她失踪那晚 |
[11:22] | store the night she disappeared. | 我在店里工作 |
[11:24] | We’ll check that. | 我们会去查查的 |
[11:25] | Go ahead, and while you’re at it, | 去吧 你们查我的时候 |
[11:26] | check out a guy by the name of Wes Floyd. | 顺便查一个叫做韦斯·弗洛伊德的家伙 |
[11:29] | Who’s he? | 那是谁 |
[11:30] | Real estate scumbag that was creeping | 一个做房地产的混蛋 |
[11:32] | around the neighborhood back then. | 当时就是他到处吓唬社区里的人 |
[11:34] | Tried to scare all the white folks into moving. | 想让所有的白人都搬走 |
[11:36] | Why? So he could clean up? | 为什么 让自己可以大捞一笔 |
[11:38] | Type like that would do anything for a buck. | 那种人 为了钱什么都能做出来 |
[11:42] | You hear about that break-in the other day? | 你听说前几天那起入室抢劫了吗 |
[11:44] | Right down the street. | 就在街那头 |
[11:46] | Thank goodness no one was hurt. | 辛亏没人受伤 |
[11:47] | Imagine what would happen if that family was home? | 想像一下如果当时家里有人会怎样 |
[11:50] | That’s terrified! | 太可怕了 |
[11:51] | Known fact– blacks move in, crime goes up. | 事实就是 黑人一来 犯罪率就上升了 |
[11:55] | 6 7 8 9 10 Six, seven, eight, nine, ten… | |
[11:58] | Bad things happen to decent people. | 坏事总发生在好人头上 |
[12:01] | Well, we all know one another here. | 我们很熟的 |
[12:03] | Oh, for now, sure, but once the dam breaks, | 现在当然是 可是头一开 |
[12:05] | no stopping who comes in. | 以后再来谁就说不好了 |
[12:07] | You don’t want to be the last to leave, do you? | 你可不想最后一个走吧 |
[12:09] | I guess not, but… | 不想 但是 |
[12:10] | Place like Genessee Creek offers a safe | 而像小溪镇这种地方 |
[12:12] | environment for families like yours. | 能给你的家庭提供一个安全的环境 |
[12:14] | State-of-the-art kitchens. Big yard. A pool. | 前卫的厨房 大院子还有游泳池 |
[12:19] | This heat, a pool would be nice. | 这么热 有个游泳池确实不错 |
[12:21] | Don’t you fall for it, Frances! | 弗朗西丝 别被他骗了 |
[12:25] | Get out of here. | 滚开 |
[12:26] | I know what you’re doing. | 我知道你在搞什么鬼 |
[12:29] | Just doing business. | 做生意而已 |
[12:31] | Showing the nice lady the homes I have for sale. | 给这位女士看看我卖的房子 |
[12:33] | You’re trying to scare whites out of this neighborhood, | 你想把社区里的白人都吓走 |
[12:36] | but nobody here’s leaving. | 没人会走的 |
[12:38] | Except the spooks over there. | 除了那家黑鬼 |
[12:40] | It’s our neighborhood. | 这是我们的社区 |
[12:43] | Sure it is. | 当然了 |
[12:48] | My husband would never agree. | 我丈夫不会同意的 |
[12:58] | Neighborhood’s gonna tip one day soon, | 他们早晚会走的 |
[13:00] | and you’ll be the last white face around. | 最后只会剩下你这一个白人 |
[13:02] | Not if I can help it. | 有我在就不会 |
[13:05] | And if one bad thing happens to some nice little white kid? | 如果某些白人小姑娘发生什么不测的话 |
[13:11] | Won’t be up to you. | 那可就由不得你了 |
[13:19] | His houses in the suburbs weren’t selling worth squat. | 他的房子都在郊区 根本不值钱 |
[13:23] | Then Melanie disappears and he makes a killing. | 梅兰妮失踪让他大赚一笔 |
[13:26] | Neighborhood tipped in, like, eight seconds. | 社区的人一下子都搬过去了 |
[13:29] | Thanks for sharing. | 谢谢你的故事 |
[13:31] | Now get before I drop-kick you out of here. | 自己滚出去吧 |
[13:38] | Genessee Creek. | 小溪镇 |
[13:41] | It’s that tony subdivision over near Abington. | 是阿宾顿旁边的那个小地方吗 |
[13:43] | Lot of people made a killing off of white flight. | 白人大迁徙的时候让很多人赚了大钱 |
[13:46] | Sounds like this Wes Floyd guy was one of them. | 看来这个韦斯·弗洛伊德是其中之一 |
[14:00] | I see your real estate ads all over the place, Wes. | 我到处都看得到你的房地产广告 韦斯 |
[14:03] | Bus stops, billboards. | 车站 广告牌 |
[14:05] | I do well. | 我是干得不错 |
[14:07] | And to think, it all started with Genessee Creek, | 你的第一桶金是从小溪镇来的吧 |
[14:09] | and the abduction and murder of a little girl. | 因为一个小女孩被绑架谋杀 |
[14:14] | I’m a businessman, not a killer. | 我是个商人 不是杀人犯 |
[14:16] | You made out like a bandit after | 梅兰妮·坎贝尔的失踪 |
[14:18] | Melanie Campbell disappeared. | 让你赚得满盆满钵 |
[14:19] | Sold 12 homes in one week. | 一周就卖出12间房子 |
[14:21] | They say you make your own luck. | 他们是你走运 |
[14:23] | Maybe you made yours. | 也许这个”运”是你自己造的 |
[14:26] | The timing was fortuitous, so arrest me. | 只是走运而已 抓我啊 |
[14:30] | Already have a record, Wes. | 你可是有案底的 韦斯 |
[14:32] | Silly trespassing charges for putting | 只是擅自进入别人的院子 |
[14:34] | a few “sold” signs in people’s yards. | 放上”待售”的牌子而已 |
[14:36] | To make it look like people were moving when they weren’t. | 让别人看着以为他们要搬走了 |
[14:38] | Smashed a few windows, too. | 还砸碎的几扇玻璃 |
[14:40] | Made people think crime was going up. | 让人们以为犯罪率越来越高了 |
[14:42] | Scare them out of Brewerytown into your white suburb. | 把人从布鲁威尔镇吓走 搬进你的白人小区 |
[14:46] | It was business. | 都是生意 |
[14:47] | And it was the neighbors that | 而且对梅兰妮有意见的不是我 |
[14:49] | had it out for Melanie, not me. | 是社区里的人 |
[14:50] | Neighbors like who? | 比如呢 |
[14:51] | The kids on that block. | 那个年轻人 |
[14:53] | Saw the troubles myself at the bus stop. | 我在车站亲眼看见的 |
[15:01] | Fairies like sweet stuff. | 精灵喜欢甜的东西 |
[15:03] | Like honey? | 比如蜂蜜 |
[15:04] | What if we put some in a jar? | 如果把它们放进罐子里会怎样 |
[15:07] | Yeah, and if they like it… | 如果它们喜欢的话 |
[15:09] | First day of school and Melanie’s | 第一天来学校 |
[15:10] | already got a show-and-tell. | 梅兰妮就带东西来做展示演讲了 |
[15:13] | You gonna talk jive for us, huh? Dy-no-mite. | 你准备来给我们讲段相声吗 |
[15:17] | Shut up, Dale. | 闭嘴 戴尔 |
[15:18] | Come on, Mel, we don’t got to listen to him. | 走吧 梅 我们不用理他 |
[15:20] | What’d you say, darkie? | 你说什么 黑妹 |
[15:22] | Um…nothing. | 没什么 |
[15:25] | Then say you’re sorry. Or I’m gonna smack you. | 那就说对不起 不然我揍你 |
[15:29] | Like your daddy smacks you? | 像你爸揍你一样吗 |
[15:34] | Second thought… | 我想了想 |
[15:36] | Maybe Melanie should get in the first lick. | 也许应该让梅兰妮动手 |
[15:38] | – Hit her. – No. | -打她 -不 |
[15:39] | – Hit her. – Stop it! | -打她 -住手 |
[15:41] | – Hit her! – I said stop! | -打她 -我让你住手 |
[15:47] | Little bitch. | 小贱人 |
[15:48] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[15:53] | Stupid troll. | 白痴巨怪 |
[16:02] | Saw that kid picking on the little ones all the time. | 总是看见那孩子欺负小孩 |
[16:05] | You know his name? | 知道他叫什么吗 |
[16:06] | Dale Wilson. Hank Wilson’s son. | 戴尔·威尔森 汉克·威尔森的儿子 |
[16:09] | Runt-of-the-litter type. | 小杂种一个 |
[16:10] | Humiliated by a little girl. | 还被一个小女孩羞辱了 |
[16:12] | Infront of the other kids. | 在其他孩子面前 |
[16:14] | And if Dale was anything like his pops, not exactly the | 如果戴尔和他爸一样 |
[16:17] | forgiving and forgetting type. | 那绝对是个记仇的主 |
[16:25] | How’d it make you feel, Dale? | 你是什么感觉 戴尔 |
[16:27] | Getting popped by Melanie Campbell in front of everybody. | 大庭广众下被梅兰妮·坎贝尔打 |
[16:30] | Not long after, she goes missing. | 之后不久她就失踪了 |
[16:32] | I was just young, dumb. | 我那会儿只是年轻不懂事 |
[16:34] | Can’t argue there. | 那倒是 |
[16:36] | Held back twice. | 那时被拘留了两次 |
[16:37] | So? That don’t mean nothing. | 那又怎么样 |
[16:38] | Your old man was damn near burning | 你老爸当年 |
[16:40] | crosses on lawns back then. | 就是个不规矩的人 |
[16:42] | You telling me you didn’t get even? | 你告诉我你没有去报复 |
[16:44] | I’m not my father. | 我和他不一样 |
[16:45] | Sure acted like him at that bus stop. | 在巴士站的表现和他可是一模一样 |
[16:48] | And I felt bad about it. | 所以我觉得很抱歉 |
[16:51] | No one knew better than me what it’s like getting picked on | 没人比我更能体会 |
[16:54] | by someone twice your size. | 被比你大几号的人欺负的感觉 |
[16:56] | Oh, so you just let it pass, then? | 所以你就让这事就这么过去了吗 |
[16:58] | Let bygones be bygones? | 既往不咎 |
[17:02] | I went to Melanie’s house the next day. | 我第二天去找梅兰妮了 |
[17:07] | To even the score? | 去揍她吗 |
[17:09] | To apologize. | 去道歉 |
[17:19] | We can leave notes to each other here from now on. | 我们以后可以在这里给对方留纸条 |
[17:23] | Where no one’ll see ’em. | 别人都看不到 |
[17:24] | In the storm pipe? | 放在水管后面 |
[17:25] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[17:27] | Get away from us, Dale. | 离我们远点 戴尔 |
[17:29] | I’m sorry for what I did, okay? | 那天的事我很抱歉 |
[17:31] | Sorry to both of us? | 给我们两个都道歉吗 |
[17:35] | Now get down from there before you hurt yourself. | 快下来 别摔着了 |
[17:41] | Why are you crying? | 你哭什么 |
[17:43] | My mom took down the clothesline. | 我妈把晾衣绳收起来了 |
[17:45] | She said we can’t play together anymore. | 她说我们不能再在一起玩了 |
[17:47] | Her mom said they’re going to move, too. | 她妈妈还说他们要搬走了 |
[17:51] | Why? | 为什么 |
[17:52] | ’cause the neighbors don’t like | 因为社区里的人 |
[17:53] | fireflies and bugs and stuff. | 不喜欢萤火虫什么的 |
[17:55] | Who doesn’t? | 谁不喜欢 |
[17:57] | Them. | 他们 |
[18:03] | That isn’t about your fireflies. | 那指的不是萤火虫 |
[18:05] | It isn’t? | 不是吗 |
[18:07] | It’s about Cherise. | 是在说雪妮丝 |
[18:10] | She’s the critter, stupid. | 臭虫说的是雪妮丝 傻子 |
[18:12] | I’m a bug? | 我是虫子 |
[18:14] | No, not a bug. | 不是虫子 |
[18:15] | – A critter’s like… – Like what? | -就像是 -是什么 |
[18:18] | Like not us. | 异类 |
[18:20] | A critter’s like…not a person. | 不是人的意思 |
[18:23] | But I’m a person. | 但我是人啊 |
[18:26] | Look, you don’t see horses and | 就像你从没见过 |
[18:27] | chickens playing together, do you? | 马和鸡一起玩一样 |
[18:28] | I like horses and chickens. | 我喜欢马和鸡 |
[18:30] | But they don’t play together, do they? | 但它们不会在一起玩 对吗 |
[18:40] | That’s a hell of a thing to tell a kid. | 跟孩子说这个有点残忍 |
[18:45] | That’s the way the world was. | 这个世界就是这样 |
[18:48] | I was just the messenger. | 我只是告诉他们而已 |
[18:49] | Someone vandalized their house? | 有人在他们的房子上涂鸦 |
[18:52] | That’s, uh, the story, anyway. | 据说是这样 |
[18:54] | What, you disputing it, Dale? | 你有别的看法吗 戴尔 |
[18:57] | All I know… | 我只知道 |
[18:58] | Mrs.Campbell came into my dad’s hardware | 坎贝尔女士去了我爸的店 |
[19:00] | store asking about paint removers. | 去买油漆清洗剂 |
[19:02] | To get rid of the graffiti. So what? | 为了擦掉涂鸦 怎么了 |
[19:05] | So that was two days before her house got vandalized. | 那可是在被涂鸦的两天前 |
[19:09] | Are you saying Mrs.Campbell knew it was gonna happen? | 你是说坎贝尔女士事先就知道会这样 |
[19:12] | I’m saying she wrote those words herself. | 我是说那些字是她自己写的 |
[19:23] | Melanie and Cherise were best friends. | 梅兰妮和雪妮丝是好朋友 |
[19:25] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[19:27] | It concern you at all? | 你们对此有困扰吗 |
[19:28] | Your daughter hanging with a black girl? | 你的女儿和一个黑人孩子玩 |
[19:30] | No. Why are you asking? | 没有 问这个干什么 |
[19:33] | “Critter lovers. ” remember that? | “臭虫爱好者” 还记得吗 |
[19:35] | Someone spray-painted those words on our house. | 有人写在我们房子上的 |
[19:39] | Never reported it. Wonder why. | 你们没有报警 为什么 |
[19:45] | It was nothing, it was just a couple of pranksters. | 又不是什么大事 有人恶作剧而已 |
[19:49] | Why stir up more trouble? | 为什么要小题大做 |
[19:51] | We know about the visit to the hardware store, Mrs.Campbell. | 我们知道你去五金店的事 坎贝尔女士 |
[19:53] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[19:55] | Things were heating up. | 事情变严重了 |
[19:56] | You wanted to get out of the neighborhood. | 你想搬出这个社区 |
[19:59] | Get to Genessee Creek. | 搬去小溪镇 |
[20:01] | That’s why you vandalized your own home. | 所以你涂了自己的房子 |
[20:08] | People were so angry. Hank, all the rest. | 大家都很愤怒 汉克和其他人 |
[20:13] | I was afraid. | 我很害怕 |
[20:14] | Of what they’d do to you. | 他们对你做了什么 |
[20:15] | Not me. Melanie. | 不是我 是梅兰妮 |
[20:16] | There was so much hatred. Ugliness. | 外面对她有意见的人太多了 |
[20:21] | You wanted to shield her from all that. | 你想保护她 |
[20:25] | So I…told her not to play with Cherise anymore. | 所以我让她别再和雪妮丝玩了 |
[20:33] | That sometimes it’s best to stick with your own. | 最好和白人小孩一起玩 |
[20:36] | Aw, for god’s sake, Frances! | 天啊 弗朗西丝 |
[20:38] | You refused to leave. I didn’t have a choice. | 你不愿意搬走 我也没办法 |
[20:40] | They were decent, hard-working people just like us. | 他们和我们一样都是勤勉的人 |
[20:45] | I know. | 我知道 |
[20:48] | I was just trying to protect my little girl. | 我只是想保护我的小女儿 |
[20:51] | I had no idea what damage it would cause. | 没想到会有什么后果 |
[20:58] | Dale? | 戴尔 |
[21:02] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[21:03] | It’s nothing. | 没什么 |
[21:05] | Who hit you? Tell me. | 谁打你了 告诉我 |
[21:07] | My dad. Heard about that “critter lover”. | 我爸 听说了涂鸦的事情 |
[21:12] | Said it’s my fault all the white people are moving out. | 说是我害得大家都搬走了 |
[21:16] | Crazy, huh, Mrs.C.? | 难以置信吧 坎贝尔女士 |
[21:22] | Be sure and get an ice pack from the school nurse. | 记得去医务室拿个冰袋敷一下 |
[21:28] | Alvina lights a spark. | 阿尔娜亮起了火花 |
[21:32] | Mel, you hear me? Alvina lights a spark. | 梅 听见了吗 阿尔娜亮起了火花 |
[21:36] | I’m not playing that anymore. It’s little kids’ stuff. | 我不玩了 那都是小孩子的东西 |
[21:42] | You don’t wanna see the fireflies? | 你不想看萤火虫了吗 |
[21:46] | No. | 不了 |
[21:48] | They’re gonna leave, turn to fairies. | 它们要走了 变成精灵 |
[21:50] | Fireflies aren’t fairies, okay? | 萤火虫不是精灵好吗 |
[21:53] | But you said… | 但你说过 |
[21:54] | And horses and chickens don’t play together. | 马和鸡也不会一起玩 |
[21:56] | You said we’d be friends forever. | 你说过我们永远是好朋友 |
[21:59] | No such thing as forever. | 没有什么是永远的 |
[22:14] | That night, my little girl was gone. | 那晚 我的小女儿不见了 |
[22:22] | I thought our child was in danger. | 我以为我的孩子有危险 |
[22:28] | And she was. | 确实是 |
[22:32] | Alvina lights a spark. | 阿尔娜亮起了火花 |
[22:33] | That meant Cherise left a note for Melanie. | 意思是雪妮丝留了纸条给梅兰妮 |
[22:35] | But the clothesline was down. | 但晾衣绳已经拿走了 |
[22:38] | So they were leaving them in the storm pipe, right? | 所以纸条应该放在水管后面 |
[22:43] | The note never turned up. | 那张纸条一直没被发现 |
[22:49] | Oh…that’s a reach. | 有点高 |
[22:52] | Need some leverage. | 得找个垫脚的地方 |
[22:53] | Same basement window the doer used in ’75. | 75年的时候凶手也是从这个窗口进去的 |
[22:57] | Lifted a partial palm print off of that ledge. | 留下了一部分掌印 |
[23:02] | Wasn’t a hand print on the ledge. | 那根本不是掌印 |
[23:05] | It was a foot. | 是脚印 |
[23:19] | Neighbor spotted you in the Campbells’ | 梅兰妮失踪的那晚 |
[23:21] | yard night Melanie disappeared. | 有人看到你在她家的院子里 |
[23:23] | Already told you… racist old bat made that up. | 我说过了 他撒谎 |
[23:29] | Got a print off that window ledge. | 窗台上留下了一个印记 |
[23:32] | From a heel. | 脚印 |
[23:39] | Tell me it’s not gonna match yours, Terrell. | 不会刚好和你的吻合吧 特勒尔 |
[23:45] | I didn’t hurt that white girl. | 我没有伤害那个女孩 |
[23:47] | I said…tell me it’s not gonna match yours. | 我问你 到底是不是你的 |
[23:56] | You made me a fool. | 你骗了我 |
[23:58] | I defended you to my boss, believed in you. | 我在我长官面前维护你 我相信了你 |
[24:02] | Maybe you shouldn’t have. | 也许你错了 |
[24:13] | What were you doing in her yard? | 你在她院子里做什么 |
[24:15] | Getting the note back for my sister. | 把我妹留的纸条拿回来 |
[24:16] | Then why not say that? | 那你怎么不说 |
[24:18] | A black boy in a white girl’s | 白人小孩失踪那晚 |
[24:19] | yard same night she goes missing? | 有个黑人出现在她院子里 |
[24:21] | No one’s going to believe me. | 没有人会相信我的 |
[24:22] | I would! | 我会 |
[24:23] | You’re the police. | 你是警察 |
[24:25] | I learned 31 years ago what that means. | 我31年前就知道那意味着什么了 |
[24:27] | Guilty till proven innocent. | 有罪推论 |
[24:30] | They treated me like I wasn’t even human. | 他们根本不把我当人看 |
[24:33] | Times change, Terrell. | 时代变了 特勒尔 |
[24:35] | Not so much. | 也没变太多 |
[24:37] | I just wanted to protect my little sister. | 我只是想保护我妹妹 |
[24:42] | I did what I had to do that night. | 那晚我做了该做的事 |
[24:44] | Go on. | 接着说 |
[24:46] | I told Cherise the truth. | 我跟雪妮丝说了实话 |
[25:00] | Heard about what went down at the bus stop today. | 我听说了今天车站的事情 |
[25:03] | Sorry. | 真遗憾 |
[25:04] | I left a note for her in the storm pipe. | 我在水管后给她留了个纸条 |
[25:06] | For Melanie? | 给梅兰妮 |
[25:07] | Maybe she’ll find it and want to be friends again? | 也许她看到后会跟我重新做朋友 |
[25:11] | Cherise… | 雪妮丝 |
[25:15] | She’s never going to be your friend. | 她永远都不会是你的朋友 |
[25:17] | You see, white people, they look | 你瞧 在白人眼里 |
[25:19] | at us, and they see ugliness. | 我们都不是好人 |
[25:22] | They do? | 真的吗 |
[25:23] | They don’t see how pretty you are, or how smart or how cool. | 他们看不到你有多酷 多美 多聪明 |
[25:29] | But I do. | 但我看得到 |
[25:31] | And you gotta see that, too. | 你也应该看到 |
[25:33] | Melanie thinks I’m cool. | 梅兰妮觉得我很酷 |
[25:36] | You can’t trust ’em. Not even Melanie. | 你不能相信他们 即使是梅兰妮 |
[25:39] | I can’t? | 不能吗 |
[25:41] | Emmett Till learned that the hard way. | 艾米特·提尔的教训 |
[25:43] | Who’s Emmett Till? | 艾米特·提尔是谁 |
[25:44] | Boy who whistled at a white girl. | 他向一个白人女孩儿吹口哨 |
[25:47] | After, these dudes dragged him out of bed | 之后一帮人在晚上 |
[25:50] | in the middle of the night, shot him. | 把他从床上拖下来 开枪打死了 |
[25:53] | He wasn’t even that much older than you. | 他比你大不了多少 |
[25:55] | Now I’m not trying to give you | 我不是想吓唬你 |
[25:56] | nightmares or nothin’, Cherise. | 雪妮丝 |
[25:59] | I’m just lookin’ out for my little sis. | 我只是想保护你 |
[26:05] | Will you get the note back for me? Please? | 你能帮我把纸条拿回来吗 求你了 |
[26:12] | Sure thing. | 当然了 |
[26:17] | Now to bed, okay? | 你先睡 好吗 |
[26:25] | Terrell? | 特勒尔 |
[26:28] | Asdid Emmett go to heaven? | 艾米特去天堂了吗 |
[26:32] | All kids go to heaven. | 所有的孩子都会去天堂 |
[26:45] | I never forgot the look in her eyes when I told her that. | 我忘不了当时她的眼神 |
[26:48] | She grew up faster than she should have. | 远超过她应有的成熟 |
[26:50] | Sounds like you both did. | 你俩都是 |
[26:57] | So…you got the note? | 你把纸条拿回来了吗 |
[27:05] | It was gone when I got there. | 我去的时候纸条已经没了 |
[27:06] | Gone? Who took it? | 没了 谁拿走了 |
[27:10] | I guess Melanie. | 我猜是梅兰妮 |
[27:12] | You tell Cherise that? | 你告诉雪妮丝了吗 |
[27:15] | Do you know what the note said? | 你知道纸条上写了什么吗 |
[27:19] | You gotta make this right, Terrell. | 你要做正确的事 特勒尔 |
[27:21] | By me. | 对我 |
[27:24] | Cherise just wanted her friend back. | 雪妮丝只想让她的朋友回来 |
[27:26] | What’d the note say? | 纸条上写了什么 |
[27:29] | Meet me in the woods…tonight. | 今晚在树林等我 |
[27:41] | So Melanie went into the woods that night. | 这么说晚梅兰妮去了树林 |
[27:42] | And so did Cherise. | 还有雪妮丝 |
[27:52] | Melanie wasn’t abducted from her bedroom. | 梅兰妮不是在她卧室被绑架的 |
[27:54] | She went to the woods that night. | 她那晚去了树林 |
[27:56] | The woods? | 树林 |
[27:57] | You asked her to meet you there, Cherise. | 你要她在那里等你 雪妮丝 |
[27:58] | In your note. | 你的纸条是这么写的 |
[27:59] | That’s ridiculous. | 太扯了 |
[28:01] | Alvina lights a spark. | 阿尔娜亮起了火花 |
[28:03] | Your secret code. Meant you left her a note. | 那是你们的暗号 意思是你给她留了纸条 |
[28:06] | Meet me in the woods tonight. | 今晚在树林等我 |
[28:08] | You were waiting for her there. | 你当时在那里等她 |
[28:10] | We were best friends. For forever and a day. | 我们是好朋友 永远的好朋友 |
[28:14] | But Melanie didn’t believe in forever anymore. | 但梅兰妮已经不相信永远了 |
[28:16] | The bus stop. She abandoned you. | 她在车站甩了你 |
[28:18] | Quite a betrayal. | 背叛了你 |
[28:19] | It was. | 确实是 |
[28:20] | What happened in the woods that night? | 那晚在树林发生了什么 |
[28:22] | I spent my whole life trying to forget. | 我一生都试图忘掉 |
[28:24] | But you couldn’t. | 但你做不到 |
[28:28] | We moved to an all black neighborhood, | 我们搬去了一个黑人社区 |
[28:31] | a world away from Brewerytown. | 远离布鲁威尔镇 |
[28:33] | And it just got easier to pretend like it never happened. | 装作什么都没发生比较容易 |
[28:36] | What never happened? | 什么没发生 |
[28:39] | I should have listened to Terrell. | 我应该听特勒尔的 |
[28:41] | Black and white, never meant to be. | 黑人就不该和白人在一起 |
[28:43] | And I have spent my entire life living like that. | 我这辈子都是这么过来的 |
[28:45] | Never trusting another white person. | 永远不要相信白人 |
[28:49] | We believed fireflies were fairies | 我们相信萤火虫是精灵 |
[28:52] | and friendships lasted forever. | 友谊可以长存 |
[28:57] | But we were wrong. | 但我们都错了 |
[29:11] | Look. Fairies. Last of the season. | 你瞧 精灵 夏天最后一批 |
[29:15] | Thought you didn’t believe in fairies. | 我还以为你不相信有精灵 |
[29:17] | I’m sorry I was mean to you at the bus stop. | 对不起我在车站对你那么刻薄 |
[29:18] | Why’d you do that? | 你为什么要那样 |
[29:20] | My mom said it was better to stick with your own. | 我妈说最好不要和你玩 |
[29:22] | Terrell said that, too. | 特勒尔也这么说 |
[29:24] | But I don’t want to stick with my own. | 但我不想和其他人玩 |
[29:25] | I want to be with you, Cherise. | 我想和你玩 雪妮丝 |
[29:28] | Me, too, Mel. | 我也是 梅 |
[29:29] | You’re my best friend. | 你是我最好的朋友 |
[29:31] | – Forever? – And a day. | -永远吗 -永远永远 |
[29:42] | Can’t keep away from that critter, can you? | 你就是离不开那个臭虫 是吗 |
[29:44] | What do you want, Dale? | 干什么 戴尔 |
[29:46] | I drive to this critter’s house | 我开车去臭虫家想吓唬她 |
[29:47] | to scare her, and what do I see? | 你猜我看到了什么 |
[29:50] | This one trying to sneak off. | 看到你溜出来 |
[29:52] | Thought you could get away, huh? | 你以为你能跑得掉吗 |
[29:56] | I got beat because my dad thinks I spray-painted your house. | 我爸打了我 因为他以为是我在你家房子上涂鸦 |
[29:59] | – Did you? – No. | -是你吗 -当然不是 |
[30:01] | And now the whole neighborhood’s gonna | 现在社区里的人都要搬走了 |
[30:02] | move out and he says it’s ’cause of me. | 他说都是因为我 |
[30:08] | He hates me. | 他恨我 |
[30:11] | You’re scaring us. | 你吓到我们了 |
[30:13] | None of this would’ve happened if you hadn’t moved here. | 如果你没搬来 什么都不会发生 |
[30:15] | I wanna go home. | 我想回家 |
[30:18] | Melanie, run! | 梅兰妮 快跑 |
[30:28] | I heard the gunshots, and I knew, and I did nothing. | 我听到了枪响 但我什么都没做 |
[30:32] | Just kept running. | 只是一个劲地跑 |
[30:34] | Anyone would have. | 换谁都会这样 |
[30:37] | It’s my fault we were in the woods. | 是我让她去树林里的 |
[30:42] | It’s my fault she died. | 是我害死了她 |
[30:45] | You weren’t the one with the gun. | 开枪的不是你 |
[30:48] | Every night I would dream about him | 我每晚都梦到他 |
[30:51] | coming into my room and taking me. | 到我的房间来要带走我 |
[30:55] | And then the dreams finally stopped. | 然后这个噩梦终于结束了 |
[30:59] | Until now. | 直到现在 |
[31:01] | The postcard. | 因为那张明信片 |
[31:04] | Just the other night I had a dream. | 前几天我做了一个梦 |
[31:08] | Melanie was with the fireflies. | 梦到梅兰妮和萤火虫在一起 |
[31:11] | In a better place. | 在一个更好的地方 |
[31:14] | Heaven. | 天堂 |
[31:27] | We got an eyewitness who saw you shoot Melanie. | 我们有目击者说看到你开枪杀了梅兰妮 |
[31:30] | That’s crazy. | 怎么可能 |
[31:31] | Is it? | 不可能吗 |
[31:32] | Cherise didn’t see me shoot nobody. | 雪妮丝才没看到我开枪 |
[31:39] | Never said it was Cherise, Dale. | 我可没说是雪妮丝 戴尔 |
[31:43] | You sent the postcard. | 明信片是你寄的 |
[31:44] | Insurance, to keep Cherise quiet. | 为了让雪妮丝闭嘴 |
[31:46] | Your old man beat the crap outta you. | 你老爸把你揍得不轻 |
[31:48] | You were lookin’ to get even. | 你想报复 |
[31:49] | You followed Cherise into the woods | 那晚你跟着雪妮丝进了树林 |
[31:50] | that night, with your father’s gun. | 带着你老爸的枪 |
[31:57] | I never meant to hurt… | 我没想伤害任何人 |
[31:58] | Oh, cut the bull! | 别说废话了 |
[32:00] | You shot at Cherise! | 你冲雪妮丝开枪 |
[32:01] | To scare her. | 想吓唬她 |
[32:07] | But then…she screamed… | 但她开始尖叫 |
[32:12] | and I thought…I thought I killed her. | 我以为我杀了她 |
[32:17] | And I panicked. | 就慌了 |
[32:17] | So, you had to kill Melanie, too– she was a witness. | 所以你也得杀了梅兰妮 她是证人 |
[32:20] | Point of no return. | 走投无路了 |
[32:22] | My dad beat me every night for that critter lover thing. | 我老爸每晚都因为涂鸦的事打我 |
[32:29] | If he found out about this… he’d kill me. | 如果他知道了这事 肯定会杀了我 |
[32:34] | So I did what I had to do. | 所以我做了迫不得已的事 |
[32:38] | What, Dale? | 什么事 戴尔 |
[32:41] | I put her in the car and drove…for hours. | 我把她放进车里 一直开 开了好几个小时 |
[32:47] | Till we got to the west virginia state line. | 一直到西弗吉尼亚边界 |
[32:50] | Then what happened? | 然后呢 |
[32:51] | Then I pulled off the road. | 我把她放到路边 |
[32:55] | It was dark and there was no one around. | 当时很暗 周围没人 |
[33:02] | Just us. | 只有我们 |
[33:17] | Stop. | 站住 |
[33:19] | Right here. | 这里停下 |
[33:22] | Why’d you have to be friends with that critter? | 为什么你非要跟那个臭虫做朋友 |
[33:32] | Why? | 为什么 |
[33:33] | I just want to go home. | 我只想回家 |
[33:39] | This is all your fault, you hear me. | 这都是你的错 知道吗 |
[33:41] | ’cause you had to be friends with her. | 因为你跟她做朋友 |
[33:44] | Please. | 求你了 |
[33:47] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼 |
[33:54] | I want my mommy. | 我想妈妈 |
[33:58] | You can’t tell on me. | 你不能告发我 |
[34:01] | Please. | 求求你 |
[34:03] | Not anymore. | 不能了 |
[34:11] | And then I just…drove away. | 之后我就开车走了 |
[34:31] | No unidentified child murder victims | 1975年西弗吉尼亚 |
[34:33] | that age in West Virginia, 1975. | 没有那个岁数无名儿童的谋杀记录 |
[34:37] | Doesn’t make sense. | 不可能啊 |
[34:39] | Rural area. | 那种郊区 |
[34:40] | Animals could’ve carried her off. | 也许是动物把她叼走了 |
[34:42] | Or the body was never found. | 或者尸体一直没被发现 |
[34:43] | Interstate files are a joke. | 州际公路报告一点用都没有 |
[34:45] | No national database on missing kids back then. | 那个时候也没有失踪儿童数据库 |
[34:48] | Kid crossed state lines, easy to fall through the cracks. | 穿越州界的小孩很容易被遗漏 |
[34:51] | So even if the body was found, | 这么说即使尸体被发现 |
[34:54] | no way toconnect it to our missing Philly girl. | 也没办法和费城的失踪女孩联系起来 |
[34:56] | Needle in a haystack. | 简直像是大海捞针 |
[34:58] | Police report, West Virginia, october ’75. | 75年西弗吉尼亚的警方报告 |
[35:01] | State trooper found a girl just off route 1. | 州警在一号公路发现一个女孩 |
[35:03] | She was shot but alive. Head injury. | 受了枪伤但是没死 头部受伤 |
[35:06] | No memory of who she was or where she came from. | 不记得自己的身份和家乡了 |
[35:09] | Transported to the county hospital in critical condition. | 伤势很重 转移到县医院进行抢救 |
[35:12] | Then put in foster care. | 之后被送到寄养家庭 |
[35:14] | Melanie’s still alive? | 梅兰妮还活着 |
[35:22] | Excuse me? | 打扰一下 |
[35:25] | Are you Jennifer Robinson? | 你是珍妮弗·罗宾森吗 |
[35:28] | Philadelphia PD. | 我们是费城警方 |
[35:32] | You were a gunshot victim in ’75. | 你在75年受过枪伤 |
[35:36] | Ain’t you folks a little late to the party? | 你们现在才来查有点晚了吧 |
[35:38] | Hmy you don’t remember the shooting? | 你不记得这事了吗 |
[35:40] | Or where you’re from? | 也不记得你从哪里来 |
[35:42] | Couldn’t have been good, right? | 挺好的 不是吗 |
[35:44] | Family was probably the reason I was in those woods. | 也许就是家人把我扔在那里的 |
[35:47] | You’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[35:49] | Your mom and dad never stopped looking for you. | 你父母一直在找你 |
[35:52] | Never stopped hoping you’d walk through their door again. | 一直期望着有一天你会回去 |
[35:57] | Is that right. | 是吗 |
[35:58] | Their names are Norman and Frances Campbell. | 他们叫诺曼·坎贝尔和弗朗西丝·坎贝尔 |
[36:00] | Good people. | 都是好人 |
[36:03] | I don’t remember. Sorry. | 抱歉 我不记得了 |
[36:08] | They never forgot you, Melanie. | 他们一直没忘记你 梅兰妮 |
[36:14] | Is that my name? | 那是我的名字吗 |
[36:16] | And your best friend was a girl named Cherise. | 你最好的朋友叫雪妮丝 |
[36:18] | She was with you that night, in the woods. | 她那晚和你一起在树林里 |
[36:23] | A lot of people still waitin’… for you to come home. | 很多人都在等着你回家 |
[36:29] | I should get back to work. | 我该回去工作了 |
[36:31] | You and Cherise left notes for each other on the… | 你和雪妮丝总是给对方留言 就放在… |
[36:34] | On the clothesline. | 晾衣绳上 |
[36:37] | You believed in fireflies and fairies. | 你相信萤火虫就是精灵 |
[36:41] | Please. Stop. | 请不要再说了 |
[36:43] | That’s why he brought you into the woods. | 这就是为什么他把你带去树林里 |
[36:45] | Because you were brave. | 因为你很勇敢 |
[36:48] | In a world that wasn’t. | 在那样的世界里 |
[36:55] | I remember…I wasn’t alone. In the woods. | 我记得我不是一个人在树林里 |
[37:04] | Because the fireflies were there… | 因为那里有萤火虫 |
[37:07] | Telling me heaven had to wait. | 告诉我别急着去天堂 |
[37:11] | ’cause I had to live. | 要我活下去 |
[38:00] | 歌曲: “Fleetwood Mac” 歌手: Landslide |