时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | I can’t do this. | 我做不来 |
[00:08] | This is insane. | 真是疯了 |
[00:10] | What am I thinking? | 我是怎么想的 |
[00:21] | I can do this. | 我行的 |
[00:23] | I’m as good as the next guy. | 我不比别人差 |
[00:28] | 弗兰西斯维尔社区剧院 《歌厅》今日试唱 加入我们吧 | |
[00:36] | Next. | 下一位 |
[00:39] | What are you singing? | 你唱什么 |
[00:41] | – “Willkommen”? – Of course. | -《欢迎》 -好的 |
[00:45] | Give me your name, tell me something about yourself. | 报上姓名 介绍一下自己 |
[00:47] | Dennis Hofferman. | 丹尼斯·霍夫曼 |
[00:49] | I’m just a cabdriver. | 我只是个出租车司机 |
[00:53] | A singing cabdriver. That’s terrific. | 会唱歌的出租车司机 好极了 |
[00:56] | I’ve never really sang in public before. I’ve… | 我从没当众表演过 |
[00:58] | never done anything like this before. | 我从没做过这样的事 |
[01:01] | That’s fine. | 没事的 |
[01:09] | *Willkommen, bienven…* | *欢迎 欢迎* |
[01:14] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[01:16] | Butterflies. | 我太紧张了 |
[01:18] | You know what? Um… | 要我说 |
[01:21] | maybe I’ll just come back. | 我还是回去吧 |
[01:22] | No, wait a minute, wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[01:24] | Why don’t you just turn around, face the back of the stage? | 不如你转过去 面向舞台后面 |
[01:28] | No prying eyes. Just you, alone in your cab. | 没人盯着你 只有你一人坐在出租车里 |
[01:38] | *Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome* | *欢迎 欢迎* |
[01:44] | *Fremde, etranger, stranger* | *陌生的客人* |
[01:49] | *Gluklich zu sehen* | *来我们这儿看看吧* |
[01:52] | *Je suis enchante* | *我很高兴* |
[01:54] | *Happy to see you bleibe, reste, stay* | *你愿意留下玩玩* |
[02:00] | *Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome* | *欢迎 欢迎* |
[02:04] | *I’m Cabaret, au Cabaret, to Cabaret* | *我们歌厅 莺歌燕舞* |
[02:16] | What’s taking Dennis so long? | 丹尼斯怎么还不回来 |
[02:18] | Clinton, go find him. Tell him we’re minutes away, for Pete sake. | 克林顿 去找他 告诉他我们马上要开始了 |
[02:21] | Dennis? | 丹尼斯 |
[02:23] | Showtime. Dennis? | 上场了 丹尼斯 |
[02:52] | And now! | 现在 |
[02:53] | Final time you’re telling me monsieur, | 好戏马上要开场了 |
[02:55] | ladies and gentlemen. | 女士们 先生们 |
[03:07] | – Good morning, boss. – Morning. | -早啊 老大 -早 |
[03:09] | Detectives Rush and Vera, | 拉什和维拉探员 |
[03:10] | this is Della Gardener, theater owner. | 这位是黛拉·加德纳 剧院主人 |
[03:13] | Morning. | 早 |
[03:13] | Excuse me if I’m still trembling like a leaf. | 抱歉我抖得这么厉害 |
[03:15] | It’s been a very upsetting morning. | 我一早上都十分不安 |
[03:17] | Stagehands were moving set furniture out of storage | 舞台管理把道具家具从仓库里搬出来时 |
[03:19] | and they dropped a piece. | 发现了把枪 |
[03:20] | Take it that’s not a prop. | 我猜那不是道具 |
[03:22] | No, it’s a real live .38. | 对 是真的 点38口径 |
[03:24] | Mrs. Gardener had bought the furniture used, a few years ago. | 加德纳女士几年前买下的家具 |
[03:27] | Got a very good deal on it. | 而且价钱很便宜 |
[03:28] | I bet. Who was the original owner? | 肯定的 原先是谁的 |
[03:30] | Francisville community theater. | 弗兰西斯维尔社区剧院 |
[03:32] | There was an unsolved murder there in 2002, | 2002年那里发生了起凶案 未能侦破 |
[03:34] | place shut down. | 那里关闭了 |
[03:35] | This was the dresser from the set | 这个梳妆台是 |
[03:38] | of Fraulein Schneider’s boardinghouse. | 施耐德小姐公寓那组道具中的 |
[03:42] | They were doing Cabaret. | 他们要上演《歌厅》 |
[03:46] | Actor went out for a smoke before the show, | 演员开演之前出去抽烟 |
[03:48] | was shot and killed with a .38. | 被一把点38口径的枪打死 |
[03:51] | Wallet was missing | 钱包不见了 |
[03:52] | and there’d been a series of holdups in the area. | 而且那里曾发生多起持枪抢劫 |
[03:54] | But someone off the street | 但如果是街上 |
[03:55] | wouldn’t have been able to slip unnoticed | 哪个劫匪干的 不可能偷偷溜进去 |
[03:57] | onto the stage, hide the gun. | 把枪藏在舞台上 |
[03:59] | So if this gun’s the murder weapon, | 如果这把枪是凶器 |
[04:01] | shooter was from inside the theater. | 凶手就是剧院的人了 |
[04:02] | We need to go back and look at actors, | 我们得回去查查那些演员 |
[04:04] | crew, whoever else was inside. | 还有剧组人员什么的 |
[04:06] | *”Life is a Cabaret, old chum.”* | *生活就如卡巴莱歌舞 伙计* |
[04:10] | *”Come to the Cabaret.”* | *来我们歌厅吧* |
[04:15] | I hate musicals. | 我讨厌音乐剧 |
[04:17] | Well, you wouldn’t if you’d seen me as Danny Zuko | 如果你见过我八年级时在《油脂》里 |
[04:18] | in my eighth grade production of Grease. | 扮演的丹尼·祖库 就不会讨厌音乐剧了 |
[04:21] | Brought the house down. | 震撼全场 |
[04:54] | Victim is Denise Hofferman. 35, cabdriver. | 死者是丹尼斯·霍夫曼 35岁的出租车司机 |
[04:57] | One of the most dangerous jobs there is, | 最危险的工作之一 |
[04:59] | and the guy gets shot doing a musical. | 他却因为出演音乐剧被杀 |
[05:01] | Was killed opening night, before the curtain even went up. | 开演之夜被杀 表演还没开场呢 |
[05:03] | Robbery theory seemed solid at the time. | 当时认为抢劫是很可靠的推测 |
[05:05] | That part of Francisville had a string of holdups, same M.O. | 弗兰西斯维尔那一带发生了多起抢劫 手法一致 |
[05:08] | One shot to the chest, close range, wallet gone. | 近距离胸口中枪 钱包失踪 |
[05:11] | Somebody sure wanted it to look like a robbery. | 凶手倒是煞费苦心地伪装成抢劫 |
[05:13] | Ballistics confirms the .38 is the murder weapon. | 弹道检测证实点38口径手枪就是凶器 |
[05:16] | There was a fiance, Gloria Hill. | 死者有个未婚妻 格洛瑞娅·希尔 |
[05:19] | Let’s talk to her first, | 我们先去找她 |
[05:20] | see if Dennis was having trouble with anyone there. | 问问丹尼斯是不是跟剧院里谁有矛盾 |
[05:22] | Then we gotta talk to a bunch of actors. | 还得找一帮演员谈话 |
[05:24] | Try and guess who’s telling the truth. | 猜猜谁在说实话 |
[05:30] | Dennis was the sweetest guy I ever knew. | 丹尼斯是我认识的最好的人 |
[05:32] | Honest to the bone. And that’s not so easy to find, you know? | 十分诚实 这种人很难找到的 |
[05:36] | Yeah. I do. | 我知道 |
[05:38] | We were real happy. | 我们真的很幸福 |
[05:40] | About to set a wedding date, too. | 都准备订婚期了 |
[05:41] | You two meet here? | 你们在这儿相遇的吗 |
[05:43] | My family owns the place. | 这里是我家开的 |
[05:44] | Dennis was right out of community college, | 丹尼斯当时刚离开社区大学 |
[05:47] | took it as a temporary job after his mom died. | 他母亲死后 本来他只把这作为临时工作 |
[05:49] | But he stuck around. | 却一直干了下去 |
[05:51] | Got comfortable, I guess. But he had so much talent. | 大概是干习惯了 但他非常有才华 |
[05:55] | Was my leading man right here in the garage. | 他是我这车行的主角 |
[05:57] | What made him decide to audition for Cabaret? | 他为什么去为《歌厅》试唱呢 |
[06:01] | – Did he know someone at that theater? – No. | -他认识剧院的什么人吗 -不 |
[06:04] | He saw the sign driving by. | 他开车驶过时看到了牌子 |
[06:07] | Said it was like a siren went off in his head. | 他说当时觉得脑海里响起了警笛 |
[06:09] | Week later, he auditioned. | 几周后 他去试唱了 |
[06:11] | How’d he get along with the group there? | 他跟那里的人相处得怎么样 |
[06:13] | There was some trouble right from the beginning. | 从一开始就有些麻烦 |
[06:15] | What kind of trouble? | 什么样的麻烦 |
[06:16] | Neither of us had any idea | 我们俩都完全不知道 |
[06:18] | what a cutthroat world the theater was. | 戏剧圈的竞争有多激烈 |
[06:26] | No nerves. They’re lucky to have you. | 别紧张 你能参与是他们有幸 |
[06:29] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[06:37] | This show is about the danger… | 这部剧是关于 |
[06:42] | of not facing the truth. | 不面对真相的危险 |
[06:46] | The truth about others, and, most important, | 关于他人的真相 最重要的 |
[06:50] | the truth about yourself. | 是关于自己的真相 |
[06:52] | So I have a question. | 我有个问题 |
[06:56] | Can you shut off your memory and live in the now? | 你能否关闭你的记忆 活在这一刻里 |
[07:02] | A community will form here if and only if… | 我们要形成一个团体的必要条件是 |
[07:07] | you… | 你们 |
[07:09] | trust… | 相信 |
[07:13] | me. | 我 |
[07:14] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[07:16] | And why should you trust me? | 你们为什么要相信我 |
[07:19] | Because I’ve acted with Uta Hagen on stage | 因为我曾跟乌塔·哈根同台演出 |
[07:21] | and with Bobby Deniro in movies? No. | 曾跟鲍比·德尼罗一同出演电影吗 不 |
[07:25] | You should trust me… | 你们要相信我 |
[07:28] | because I’m the director. | 是因为我是导演 |
[07:32] | Rehearsal! | 开始彩排 |
[07:33] | Let me have my Sally over here, my Cliff over here, | 我的萨莉到这儿来 克里夫到这儿来 |
[07:37] | my emcee over there. | 我的主持人到这儿来 |
[07:44] | Shut off my memory. Live in the now. Wow. | 关闭我的记忆 活在这一刻里 |
[07:47] | That’s intense stuff. | 可不简单呢 |
[07:48] | – So you’re playing Sally? – Yep. Name’s Nora. | -你扮演萨莉 -对 我叫诺拉 |
[07:51] | I saw you at the audition. You were really good. | 你试唱时我看到你了 你真的很不错 |
[07:54] | God, I was so nervous. | 天呐 我当时好紧张 |
[07:56] | I just, I wanted it so bad. | 我真的很想成功 |
[07:57] | I can’t believe I got a lead role. | 真不敢相信我得到了主角 |
[07:59] | – Oh, sorry. – Yeah, watch it. | -抱歉 -看着点 |
[08:01] | – I was just… – So you think Cliff is the lead roll? | -我只是 -你觉得克里夫是主角吗 |
[08:04] | It’s one of them, isn’t it? | 至少是主角之一吧 |
[08:06] | No, the emcee is the star of this show. I’m in every damn scene. | 不 主持人才是剧中的明星 我每一场都有 |
[08:10] | Cliff is just some sucker who walks around and watches everybody. | 克里夫不过是走来走去看着别人 |
[08:13] | I mean, you don’t even have your own song, man. | 你都没有自己的独唱 伙计 |
[08:15] | Listen, I’m sorry if I offended you. | 如果我冒犯了你 我很抱歉 |
[08:16] | Of course, the emcee is a lead role. | 主持人绝对是个主角 |
[08:18] | I don’t think you’re hearing me. You get in my way, | 你想你没听懂 你挡我的路 |
[08:21] | you step in my space, | 你跑到我的地盘上来 |
[08:22] | and you ain’t gonna make it to opening night. | 你就活不到首演之夜了 |
[08:34] | Denny was so excited about that first rehearsal, | 丹尼为第一次彩排感到格外激动 |
[08:36] | he didn’t even sleep the night before. | 他前一天晚上都没睡着 |
[08:38] | Then that Clinton had to ruin it for him. | 可那个克林顿却毁了他的心情 |
[08:40] | What did Dennis think about Clinton? | 丹尼斯对克林顿是怎么看的 |
[08:42] | He didn’t mention it again, and I thought things got better. | 他后来再也没提了 我以为有所好转 |
[08:47] | Guess I was wrong. | 看来我错了 |
[08:59] | – What can I get you guys? – We’re not here for the cosmos. | -你们要点什么吗 -我们不是来喝酒的 |
[09:02] | Oh, too bad, I make a mean one. | 那太糟了 我调酒很有一手 |
[09:06] | We’ve got some questions about Dennis Hofferman. | 我们要问你几个关于丹尼斯·霍夫曼的问题 |
[09:08] | I’m buried here. | 我很忙 |
[09:09] | Show’s gonna start soon, and I got to serve people. | 表演就要开始了 我要给人上酒呢 |
[09:11] | Hey, you wouldn’t want to lose your job. | 是啊 你可不想丢了工作 |
[09:13] | Criminal record of yours could make it hard to find work. | 毕竟你有案底 会很难找到工作 |
[09:22] | That’s a cheap shot, man. | 这样可不厚道 伙计 |
[09:23] | That theft charge is from way back. | 那些盗窃指控是很久以前的事了 |
[09:25] | Theft, possession, trafficking stolen goods, | 盗窃 藏毒 交易赃物 |
[09:28] | you were a real live gangbanger, weren’t you, Clinton? | 你可真是个名副其实的混混 克林顿 |
[09:30] | I was messed up, yeah. | 我当时很糟糕 没错 |
[09:31] | But that was before I got with the theater, got off the street. | 那是我接触戏剧 离开那种生活之前 |
[09:34] | We heard you brought trouble right in with you, | 我们听说你把麻烦也带进了剧院 |
[09:35] | got tough on other actors, threatened Dennis. | 冲其他演员耍横 威胁丹尼斯 |
[09:38] | I learned real early how to play tough to cover up being scared. | 我早就学会了故作强硬掩盖自己的恐惧 |
[09:41] | That’s all it was, but I got over it. | 我就是害怕而已 但我克服了那种心态 |
[09:43] | And me and Denny got tight. | 也和丹尼成了朋友 |
[09:45] | – You can ask anybody in the cast. – We will. | -你随便去问剧组的人 -我们会的 |
[09:47] | Look, I had no reason to hurt anybody there. | 听我说 我没理由伤害剧组任何人 |
[09:50] | That place turned my life around, put me on a solid path. | 那里改变了我的生活 让我走上正路 |
[09:54] | I’m a family man now. | 我现在是有家室的人了 |
[09:55] | Problem is, we know someone from inside killed Dennis. | 问题是 我们知道有剧组内的人杀了丹尼斯 |
[09:58] | And you’re the only one with a rap sheet. | 而你是唯一一个有案底的人 |
[10:00] | Let’s just say that I wasn’t | 这么说吧 |
[10:01] | the only one with anger management issues. | 我不是唯一控制不住火气的人 |
[10:03] | You got something to say, I suggest you let it fly. | 你有什么要说 最好赶快说 |
[10:07] | Our big daddy director… | 那位大导演 |
[10:09] | had a serious dark side. | 有很吓人的阴暗面 |
[10:15] | Mama… | 妈妈 |
[10:17] | doesn’t even have an inkling… | 完全不知道 |
[10:20] | that I’m working in a nightclub | 我在一家夜店工作 |
[10:23] | in a pair of lacy pants. | 穿一条蕾丝花边短裤 |
[10:28] | So, please, sir. | 先生 拜托 |
[10:31] | *If you run into my mama* | *如果你遇见了我妈妈* |
[10:34] | *Don’t reveal my indiscretion* | *可别把我的轻佻告诉她* |
[10:38] | *Give a working girl a chance…* | *给我一个机会* |
[10:49] | *Hush up, don’t tell mama shush up* | *别说啊 别告诉妈妈* |
[10:52] | *Don’t tell mama don’t tell mama, whatever you do…* | *别告诉我妈妈 不论如何* |
[10:57] | *If you… if you…* | *如果你 如果你* |
[11:02] | Oh, my bad. I forgot where I’m supposed to be. | 我的错 我忘了我的走位了 |
[11:05] | I think my cross messed you guys up. | 我觉得我走过去把你们弄糊涂了 |
[11:06] | No, you guys were perfect. I’m the idiot. | 不 你们很好 我太傻了 |
[11:10] | Found a whole new thing I’m awful at. Dancing in heels. | 我新发现了一件我做不好的事 穿高跟鞋跳舞 |
[11:13] | Line, please! | 请提示台词 |
[11:14] | If you had a secret, you bet I would keep it. | 如果你有秘密 我必然为你保密 |
[11:16] | *I would never tell on you* | *我绝不会说出去* |
[11:19] | You think it’s cute, that you don’t know what you’re doing? | 你觉得你糊里糊涂很好笑吗 |
[11:22] | – Of course not, I… – Nora, I actually believed in you. | -当然不是 -诺拉 我可是相信你的 |
[11:25] | Sally Bowles is supposed to be a second-rate singer, | 萨莉·鲍尔斯应该是个二流的歌手 |
[11:29] | but you are hovering below third-rate! Try harder! | 而你在三流线以下徘徊 再努力点 |
[11:35] | And the emcee is supposed to be from the streets. | 而主持人是街上的混混 |
[11:39] | I want you to give me some of that dirt, that edge, | 你要拿出那种下贱 犀利的气场 |
[11:42] | not this lazy punk attitude. Try harder! | 而不是一副无所谓的态度 再努力点 |
[11:48] | Lyle is just the music director, and yet, he knows every word, | 莱尔只是音乐指导 他知道全部台词 |
[11:52] | and you can’t remember your own? Pathetic! | 你却记不住你自己的台词 真可悲 |
[11:57] | I think they’re both really talented. | 我觉得他们都很有才华 |
[12:04] | I know you’re a big shot in the business, | 我知道你是圈里的大牌 |
[12:06] | but that doesn’t mean you can treat people like that. | 但那不代表你可以那样对待别人 |
[12:08] | You think you know better than I do, cabbie? | 你觉得你比我还厉害吗 的哥 |
[12:12] | I’m just saying you don’t have to be mean, that’s all. | 我只是想说你不用那么刻薄 |
[12:14] | I will be and do whatever it takes | 只要能让这部剧到达更高水准 |
[12:17] | to get this show to the next level. | 我会不惜一切代价 |
[12:19] | – Do you understand? – I guess not. | -你明白吗 -恐怕不明白 |
[12:21] | Then let me explain. | 那我给你解释清楚 |
[12:22] | My reputation is on the line here, and I will crush anyone | 这事关我的名誉 我绝不会允许任何人 |
[12:27] | before I let them embarrass me | 让我出丑 |
[12:29] | or ruin what I have worked 30 years… | 或是毁了我辛苦30年 |
[12:33] | to build! | 经营的成果 |
[12:36] | Take five! | 休息五分钟 |
[12:40] | Good looking out. | 谢谢你替我们说话 |
[12:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:49] | Dennis stood up for us. | 丹尼斯替我们说话 |
[12:51] | I don’t think Rafe ever forgave him for that. | 我觉得雷夫一直没原谅他 |
[12:53] | You saying that’s motive for murder? | 你认为他有杀人动机 |
[12:55] | The thing is, | 问题是 |
[12:57] | Rafe came asking me about guns | 丹尼斯被杀前几周 |
[12:59] | a few weeks before Dennis was killed. | 雷夫为枪的事找过我 |
[13:01] | What? | 什么 |
[13:02] | I know I should have said something, | 我知道我该说点什么 |
[13:03] | but I’m the one with the record, | 但有案底的是我 |
[13:05] | and I knew I’d be the one to get in trouble. | 我知道到头来肯定是我惹祸上身 |
[13:06] | For talking to him about guns? | 因为跟他谈枪的事吗 |
[13:07] | He wanted me to get him one. | 他让我给他弄一把枪 |
[13:09] | You know, since I knew my way around the streets. | 因为我在街上混过 |
[13:11] | So I did a .38. | 所以我弄了把点38口径 |
[13:28] | Rafe Webb? | 雷夫·韦伯 |
[13:30] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[13:32] | Detectives Rush, Miller. | 我们是拉什和米勒探员 |
[13:33] | Lady cops, terrific. | 女警官 太棒了 |
[13:37] | Here to ask you about Dennis Hofferman. | 我们想问你关于丹尼斯·霍夫曼的问题 |
[13:40] | What a tragedy that was. | 那真是起惨剧啊 |
[13:43] | Two years ago, I did Ibsen. | 两年前 我参演易卜生的剧 |
[13:45] | I played the father of a dead child, | 我扮演痛失儿子的父亲 |
[13:47] | and I tapped into my feelings for Dennis. | 我就挖掘我对丹尼斯的感情 |
[13:51] | – Got the best reviews of my life. – Congratulations. | -得到了平生最好的剧评 -恭喜 |
[13:54] | Rafe, we hear you got yourself a gun | 雷夫 我们听说你买了把枪 |
[13:56] | a few weeks before Dennis died. | 就在丹尼斯死前几周 |
[13:58] | Well, how is that relevant? | 这有什么关系 |
[13:59] | Dennis was shot in a stick-up. | 丹尼斯是在抢劫中被杀 |
[14:01] | New information says otherwise. | 有新证据表明不是这样 |
[14:03] | Well, I, uh… | 我 |
[14:05] | I’m afraid I did get a gun. | 我的确是买了把枪 |
[14:06] | And why’d you do that? | 你为什么要买枪 |
[14:08] | I heard the cop movie | 我当时听说有部电影 |
[14:09] | “Blue blood” was shooting in Philly. | 《警察世家》要在费城开拍 |
[14:11] | I was going to audition. | 我本想去试镜 |
[14:13] | I’m method. | 我是体验派表演法的 |
[14:15] | I needed to tap into the emotions | 我如果要扮演警察 |
[14:17] | of holding a gun if I was going to play a cop. | 就得了解那种手里拿着枪的感受 |
[14:19] | So you bought a real one? | 所以你就买了把真枪 |
[14:21] | Yeah, I went to target practice, too, | 我还去过靶场 |
[14:23] | and then the studio decided to cast Blue blood out of Hollywood. | 但之后制片厂决定在好莱坞之外找人 |
[14:27] | Where’s the gun now, Rafe? | 那枪呢 雷夫 |
[14:29] | It was stolen out of my office | 被人从我办公室偷走了 |
[14:32] | just a little time before the show. | 就在演出前不久 |
[14:33] | – And you never mentioned this before? – You see… | -你之前就没提过这事吗 -你瞧 |
[14:37] | I bought it illegally, so I couldn’t exactly report it stolen. | 我是通过非法途径买的枪 又不能上报失窃 |
[14:40] | That’s kind of shaky, Rafe. | 这有点站不住脚啊 雷夫 |
[14:42] | Especially since people saw you and Dennis fighting. | 尤其是有人看见你和丹尼斯起争执 |
[14:45] | Said you weren’t too happy with him. | 据说你对他不是很满意 |
[14:46] | Our relationship was tumultuous, yes. | 我们之间是有过争执 |
[14:49] | You see, my style is to tear actors down, | 因为我习惯瓦解演员 |
[14:52] | and then build them back up. | 然后再重塑他们 |
[14:54] | I don’t shoot them. | 我不会开枪杀人 |
[14:55] | We could bring him in right now for buying the gun. | 我们现在就能因非法购买枪支逮捕他 |
[14:58] | Might help him tap into the emotions of jail time. | 或许能让他了解入狱的感情 |
[15:00] | Look, I didn’t kill Dennis, | 我没杀丹尼斯 |
[15:02] | and I don’t know who did. | 我不知道是谁干的 |
[15:05] | But there was a little situation | 但是丹尼斯让自己陷入了 |
[15:09] | that Dennis had gotten himself into. | 一点小情况 |
[15:12] | *I met this truly remarkable girl* | *在这座不可思议的城市里* |
[15:19] | *In this really incredible town* | *遇见了一个了不起的姑娘* |
[15:22] | *And she skillfully managed to talk her way into my room* | *她油嘴滑舌 让我把她放进了屋* |
[15:28] | Very nice, you two. | 你们俩很棒 |
[15:32] | What are you smiling about? | 你在笑什么啊 |
[15:34] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:35] | I’ve just been kind of flying on air since rehearsals started. | 自从彩排开始 我一直情绪高涨 |
[15:39] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[15:40] | This place is kind of magical, isn’t it? | 这里真神奇 是吧 |
[15:45] | All right. | 好了 |
[15:46] | Now, do you all remember | 你们还记得 |
[15:48] | when I said that trust is the key to performance? | 我说信任是表演的关键吗 |
[15:52] | Well, I want to try something. | 我要试一个办法 |
[15:53] | Put down your scripts, come up here and form a circle. | 放下你们的稿子 到这儿来围成一个圈 |
[15:57] | Here’s what I want. | 我要你们这么做 |
[15:59] | I want you to fall back into the arms of the person behind you. | 向后倒进你身后的人的怀抱里 |
[16:04] | Before you fall, | 你倒之前 |
[16:06] | I want you to tell a secret about yourself, | 说出一个自己的秘密 |
[16:09] | something that you have never shared before. | 你从未跟人分享过的秘密 |
[16:11] | It’s all about creating a safe environment, people. | 我们要创造一个安全的环境 |
[16:15] | Start with you, Robin. | 你先来 罗宾 |
[16:23] | I felt relief when my father died. | 我爸死的时候我觉得如释重负 |
[16:31] | Clinton, to me. | 克林顿 倒向我 |
[16:38] | I don’t trust any of you. | 我不信任你们任何人 |
[16:42] | I respect that. | 我尊重你的诚实 |
[16:46] | Dennis? | 丹尼斯 |
[16:56] | I started driving a cab | 我开出租车 |
[16:57] | because I didn’t want to be lonely all the time. | 是因为我不想一直一个人待着 |
[17:03] | That’s deep. That’s deep. | 真是深刻啊 |
[17:04] | Nora, to Dennis. | 诺拉 倒向丹尼斯 |
[17:11] | I think I’m falling in love with my leading man. | 我觉得我爱上了我的男主角 |
[17:16] | Me? | 我吗 |
[17:38] | Plenty of blowups at this place, huh? | 剧院里有火气的人真不少啊 |
[17:40] | Welcome to the theater. | 戏剧就是如此 |
[17:41] | So what was Lyle’s problem? | 莱尔这是为什么 |
[17:43] | He had a thing for Nora, I’m afraid. | 恐怕他是喜欢诺拉 |
[17:45] | How did Dennis take Nora’s confession? | 丹尼斯对诺拉的表白是什么反应 |
[17:47] | He made it perfectly clear to Nora that he had a fiancee, | 他明确地告诉诺拉他已经订婚了 |
[17:50] | but she didn’t like that. | 而她可很不高兴 |
[17:52] | Did either of them have access to your office, | 他们有谁能进入你办公室 |
[17:55] | where you kept the gun? | 你藏枪的地方吗 |
[17:56] | Everyone did. I never locked it. | 谁都能 我不锁门的 |
[18:09] | Nora and Lyle are on their way in now. | 诺拉和莱尔正在赶来 |
[18:11] | – So we’re looking at the love triangle? – Yep. | -他们是三角恋吗 -对 |
[18:13] | Nora angry at the rejection, Lyle the jealous outsider. | 诺拉因为被拒而生气 莱尔是嫉妒的局外人 |
[18:17] | We believe this director? | 导演的话可信吗 |
[18:21] | Plenty of big dramas with these people. | 这些人的戏码一出出的 |
[18:22] | Hard to sort through what’s real and what’s made up. | 真弄不清哪个是真 哪个是假 |
[18:25] | That Clinton kid seemed on the level. | 那个克林顿似乎很诚实 |
[18:27] | You kidding? | 你开玩笑吧 |
[18:29] | You actually bought his act? | 你居然上了他的当 |
[18:30] | I’ll put money down on Clinton being clean. | 我敢打赌克林顿没问题 |
[18:32] | Five bucks. | 赌五块 |
[18:33] | Five bucks? What kind of stakes are those? | 五块 那算什么赌注啊 |
[18:35] | 20 bucks on the director as doer. Biggest liar, biggest ego. | 赌20块 导演是凶手 大骗子 自负狂 |
[18:39] | I’m going with Lyle the piano man. Sneaky guy with a bad crush. | 我猜是弹钢琴的莱尔 鬼鬼祟祟的爱慕者 |
[18:43] | I say Nora. Lady could handle a .38 easy, | 我赌诺拉 女人也能轻松使用点38口径 |
[18:46] | and the female species ain’t exactly on my good side right now. | 而且现在我跟女人的八字不合 |
[18:50] | – What’s this? – It’s an IOU. | -这是什么 -欠条 |
[18:54] | I’m going Clinton, the emcee. | 我认为是克林顿 主持人 |
[18:56] | A street kid who couldn’t break his bad habits. | 改不掉恶习的混混 |
[18:59] | *Life is a Cabaret, my friends* | *生活就如卡巴莱歌舞 伙计* |
[19:05] | Hey, here’s my gal now. | 我的姑娘来了 |
[19:11] | Is one of you detective Valens? | 哪位是瓦伦斯探员 |
[19:15] | I perform on cruise ships these days. | 我现在在游轮上表演 |
[19:19] | You’d be surprised how high-end the productions are. | 你肯定想不到制作有多高端 |
[19:21] | Oh, I’ve heard they’re top-notch. | 我听说那可是顶尖团队 |
[19:24] | Nora, how did you feel about Dennis? | 诺拉 你对丹尼斯是什么感觉 |
[19:25] | Honestly? I was in love with him. | 说实话 我爱上了他 |
[19:28] | Must have been hard, | 肯定很难受吧 |
[19:29] | falling for a guy who was engaged to someone else. | 爱上一个跟别人订婚的人 |
[19:31] | And humiliating. | 而且很丢脸 |
[19:33] | once everyone else knew about your feelings. | 别人都知道了你的感情 |
[19:35] | Is that why you shot him? | 所以你才开枪打死了他吗 |
[19:36] | I would never hurt Dennis. | 我绝不会伤害丹尼斯的 |
[19:40] | He was this beautiful, open person who saw the best in everyone. | 他是个帅气开朗的人 看到每个人的优点 |
[19:47] | After two months, it was like we’d always known each other. | 相处两个月 我觉得我们就像旧相识 |
[19:51] | But there was that little problem of his fiancee. | 但是他未婚妻是个问题啊 |
[19:53] | Dennis didn’t want to hurt her. | 丹尼斯并不想伤害她 |
[19:55] | But, after the show’s run, he was going to leave her. | 但演出结束后 他就会离开她 |
[19:58] | – For me. – Really? | -跟我在一起 -真的吗 |
[20:00] | ‘Cause that’s the first we’ve heard about it. | 这我们可是头一次听说 |
[20:04] | We found ourselves during Cabaret. | 我们在《歌厅》的彩排中找到了自我 |
[20:07] | And we found each other. | 也发现了彼此 |
[20:11] | We hear you got pretty upset | 我们听说诺拉坦白 |
[20:12] | when Nora announced her feelings for Dennis. | 她对丹尼斯的感情时 你发了火 |
[20:16] | Me and every other straight guy there. | 我和那里的直男都很生气 |
[20:19] | But you were the only one who stormed out of the theater. | 但只有你一人冲出了剧院 |
[20:21] | I didn’t storm out of the theater | 我冲出剧院不是 |
[20:22] | because of my little crush on Nora. | 因为我对诺拉的感情 |
[20:25] | Why, then? | 那是为什么 |
[20:26] | These little dramas within the drama | 这些剧院里的小戏码 |
[20:29] | always end up hurting the show. | 总是会搅和了剧目 |
[20:30] | These actors are given a chance to perform onstage, | 这些演员有机会在台上表演 |
[20:34] | realize a dream, | 实现梦想 |
[20:35] | and they risk it all for these fleeting emotions. | 他们却为这些转瞬即逝的感情而冒险毁掉一切 |
[20:40] | But sounds like you were suffering some | 但听起来你也产生了 |
[20:42] | fleeting emotions yourself. | 转瞬即逝的感情 |
[20:43] | Nothing I’d let interfere with the performance. | 但我不会为此干扰演出 |
[20:45] | So you’re pretty dedicated. | 这么说你很投入喽 |
[20:48] | The theater’s my life. I love it. | 戏剧是我的生活 我热爱戏剧 |
[20:52] | But I know exactly what can happen | 但我非常清楚 |
[20:55] | when emotions start to boil over. | 情感升温的后果 |
[20:59] | *Lady peaceful* | *平静女神* |
[21:01] | *Lady happy* | *快乐女神* |
[21:04] | *That’s what I long to be…* | *我一直渴望你们的垂青* |
[21:10] | *All the odds are* | *而幸运之神* |
[21:12] | *They’re in my favor* | *站在我这边* |
[21:15] | *Something’s bound to begin* | *有事就要发生* |
[21:22] | *It’s gotta happen* | *一定会发生的* |
[21:26] | *Happen sometime* | *总会发生* |
[21:30] | *Maybe this time* | *或许这次* |
[21:34] | *I’ll win* | *我会赢* |
[21:45] | Good. | 真棒 |
[21:47] | All right! | 太棒了 |
[21:49] | Great sound check. | 校音真棒 |
[21:53] | Now, before we take our break, I have an important announcement. | 我们休息之前 我要宣布一件重要的事 |
[21:57] | Many of you have heard of Barry Turk, my agent in New York. | 你们很多人都知道我纽约的经纪人 巴里·特科 |
[22:02] | – Doesn’t he represent Deniro? – That’s right. | -他不是德尼罗的经纪人吗 -对 |
[22:04] | And, drumroll, please. | 鼓声请响起 |
[22:07] | He’s going to come and see the show next week on opening night! | 下周首演之夜 他会来看我们表演 |
[22:12] | And he’s told me that if he sees good talent, | 他说如果他看到有才华的演员 |
[22:16] | he might sign someone up. | 说不定会签下那人 |
[22:20] | It’ll be you the agent signs, Nora. | 经纪人肯定会签你 诺拉 |
[22:22] | You’ve got that star quality. | 你很有明星特质 |
[22:24] | No, it’ll be you. | 不 肯定是你 |
[22:27] | You’re the talented one, you’re just so real up there. | 你才真的有才华 你在台上演得活灵活现 |
[22:31] | Maybe it’ll be both of us. | 或许我们都能签约 |
[22:36] | – Oh, hi, Gloria. – Hey, Lyle. | -格洛瑞娅 你好啊 -你好 莱尔 |
[22:39] | Made some brownies for the gang. You’ve all been working so hard. | 我给大家做了些布朗尼 你们一直那么辛苦 |
[22:42] | That’s nice of you, thanks. | 太谢谢你了 |
[22:45] | Dennis, I can’t imagine life after the play. | 丹尼斯 我真无法想象演出结束后要怎么办 |
[22:50] | Without you. | 没有你要怎么办 |
[22:53] | We’re an amazing team, you know that? | 我们真是好搭档 |
[22:56] | Yeah, I do. | 是啊 |
[22:59] | Being here with you is the only time I’m really happy these days. | 这些日子 只有在这儿跟你一起才觉得快乐 |
[23:11] | I should’ve turned off the speakers | 她一走进隔间 |
[23:13] | as soon as she walked into that booth. | 我就该关掉扬声器的 |
[23:15] | But part of me hoped it would explode. | 但其实我也有点希望事情会爆发 |
[23:19] | And I’d be the one end up with Nora. | 我就会跟诺拉在一起了 |
[23:22] | Gloria made it sound like everything with Dennis was solid. | 听格洛瑞娅说 她跟丹尼斯的感情很好 |
[23:25] | No way. | 绝对不是 |
[23:26] | That woman was furious. I thought she’d kill him then and there. | 那个女人都气疯了 我以为她会当场就杀了他呢 |
[23:29] | – Did you see her again? – Yeah. | -你后来还见过她吗 -嗯 |
[23:33] | Uh, backstage, opening night. | 首演之夜 在后台 |
[23:36] | She was upset and looking for Dennis. | 她很生气 到处找丹尼斯 |
[23:49] | *Isn’t that long a stay* | *多么长的一段时光* |
[23:53] | *Life is a Cabaret* | *生活就如卡巴莱歌舞* |
[23:59] | What is your problem with musicals? | 你怎么就对音乐剧那么反感 |
[24:07] | When was your wedding going to be, Gloria? | 婚礼定在哪天 格洛瑞娅 |
[24:10] | We hadn’t decided. | 我们没定下来呢 |
[24:11] | Most of my girlfriends pick a place | 我大部分女友一知道男友要求婚 |
[24:14] | soon as they know they’re getting hitched. | 就立马选好了地方 |
[24:15] | Unless there’s trouble, | 除非你们有麻烦了 |
[24:16] | like their fiance’s in love with someone else. | 比如未婚夫移情别恋 |
[24:20] | Gloria, we know you were upset | 格洛瑞娅 我们知道你很难过 |
[24:22] | and that you went backstage before the show. | 演出开始前还去了后台 |
[24:25] | I never even found him. | 但我都没找到他 |
[24:27] | Saw that Nora first and left. | 先看到了那个诺拉 就走了 |
[24:29] | Ask any of my family. They were all there for the big show. | 去问我的家人吧 他们都去看演出了 |
[24:32] | We can’t help if you don’t | 如果你不如实告诉我们 |
[24:33] | tell us the truth about your relationship. | 你们的关系到底怎么样 我们帮不了你 |
[24:36] | I loved Dennis. | 我爱过丹尼斯 |
[24:38] | But once those rehearsals started, | 但彩排开始之后 |
[24:40] | I faded into the background to him. | 我就被他忘在脑后了 |
[24:43] | Well, why didn’t you tell us, Gloria? | 你为什么不告诉我们呢 格洛瑞娅 |
[24:44] | I didn’t tell anybody. | 我谁都没告诉 |
[24:46] | We were engaged for five years | 我们订婚五年 |
[24:49] | while everyone here called me a fool | 大家都说我太傻了 |
[24:51] | and I kept waiting for him to commit. | 我一直等着他安下心来 |
[24:54] | How could I admit to anyone that it never would have happened? | 我怎么能承认他永远不会安心跟我在一起了 |
[25:02] | *How the world can change* | *世界就此改变* |
[25:05] | *It can change like that* | *就这样改变了* |
[25:08] | *Due to one little word* | *就因为一个词而改变* |
[25:14] | All I could think about the whole shift was the opening tonight. | 我开车时满脑子想的都是晚上的首演 |
[25:18] | Almost ran a couple of curbs. | 差点压到马路牙子上 |
[25:23] | I have a meeting with the director today so I should leave soon. | 我待会儿要去见导演 所以我得走了 |
[25:26] | Is your girlfriend gonna be there? | 你女朋友也会去吗 |
[25:27] | What? | 什么 |
[25:30] | I heard you the other night with that actress. | 我听见你那天跟那个女演员说的话了 |
[25:32] | I know something’s going on. | 我知道你们有事 |
[25:34] | Nothing happened between me and Nora, I swear! | 我和诺拉之间什么都没有 我发誓 |
[25:36] | But you want it to, don’t you? | 但你想有事 不是吗 |
[25:42] | I love you, Gloria, I really do. | 我爱你 格洛瑞娅 真的 |
[25:46] | But I’m just a little confused right now. | 我现在只是觉得有点糊涂 |
[25:47] | Obviously. | 这还用说 |
[25:49] | I don’t want to hurt you, | 我并不想伤害你 |
[25:51] | but I need some time to think about all this stuff. | 但我需要时间想想清楚 |
[25:56] | Remember when I first got this job? | 还记得我最初得到这份工作的时候吗 |
[25:59] | I was gonna save money and travel, maybe. Go to Australia. | 我本打算攒钱去 比如澳大利亚 |
[26:03] | Of course I remember. | 我当然记得 |
[26:04] | But I never did. I never did anything except drive a cab. | 但我没能去 我一直都只是开出租车 |
[26:07] | We can travel, if that’s what you want. | 如果你想 我们可以去旅行 |
[26:09] | No, I’m just saying… | 不 我只是想说… |
[26:14] | I haven’t made much of myself, | 我一直没什么成就 |
[26:17] | and this meeting with the director, | 而这次跟导演见面 |
[26:19] | I know it’s supposed to be a secret, | 虽然我不该说出来 |
[26:21] | but I really think | 但我真的觉得 |
[26:21] | that it could make my future a whole lot brighter. | 这能让我的前景光明得多 |
[26:24] | Brighter. | 光明 |
[26:26] | I don’t understand, Denny. | 我不明白 丹尼 |
[26:28] | I thought we had a really good life together. | 我以为我们在一起很幸福呢 |
[26:30] | Were things really so dark before? | 你之前一直觉得很阴暗吗 |
[26:33] | I just… | 我只是… |
[26:35] | I know I’ve been a disappointment. | 我知道我一直很令人失望 |
[26:39] | I just don’t want to be that anymore. | 我只是不想再那样了 |
[26:41] | You were never a disappointment to me. | 我从来没觉得你令我失望 |
[26:57] | I guess you never really know anyone all the way. | 看来人从来不能真正了解另一个人 |
[27:00] | What was the secret meeting with the director, day of the show? | 演出当天跟导演的秘密见面是怎么回事 |
[27:03] | All Dennis said was that | 丹尼斯只说 |
[27:05] | it was with Rafe’s bigwig agent and Nora. | 是跟雷夫的大经纪人和诺拉一起见面 |
[27:09] | So I got angry again. | 所以我又生起气了 |
[27:12] | That was the last time we spoke. | 那是我们最后一次说话 |
[27:19] | So what was this meeting with Dennis before the show? | 你演出前跟丹尼斯见面是怎么回事 |
[27:20] | Since you left that out before, maybe you can fill us in now. | 这件事你上次没说 或许现在可以跟我们讲讲 |
[27:24] | I didn’t think it was important. | 我当时没觉得这有什么要紧 |
[27:26] | It was simply so Dennis could meet my agent, Barry Turk. | 我只是想让丹尼斯见见我的经纪人 巴里·特科 |
[27:31] | Our problem is, we called Barry Turk. | 问题是 我们找过巴里·特科 |
[27:34] | Got his client list. | 拿到了他的客户名单 |
[27:38] | You’re not on it. | 上面没有你 |
[27:42] | I was once. | 以前有的 |
[27:45] | But Barry hadn’t returned my phone call in six years. | 但巴里有六年没接过我的电话了 |
[27:49] | So you lied to Dennis and Nora. | 那么说你对丹尼斯和诺拉撒谎了 |
[27:51] | Not exactly. | 也不是 |
[27:52] | I mean, I’d left another damn message for his assistant. | 我又给他的助手留了个信 |
[27:56] | – I was really hoping he’d show. – Well, he didn’t. | -我真的希望他会来 -但他没有 |
[28:00] | I couldn’t tell my actors that I’d slipped to the “B” list. | 我不能告诉我的演员我变成二线导演了 |
[28:03] | I needed to build myself up in their eyes. | 我得在他们面前树立威信 |
[28:06] | – For your own ego? – Absolutely not! | -为了你的自负吗 -绝对不是 |
[28:12] | Maybe you’re right. | 或许你说得对 |
[28:14] | Maybe it was for my own ego. | 或许就是为了我的自负 |
[28:17] | Whatever it was, | 不管怎么样 |
[28:18] | I’m afraid it may have cost Dennis dearly. | 恐怕我的行为让丹尼斯付出了很大代价 |
[28:25] | Barry Turk got stuck in New York. | 巴里·特科滞留在纽约了 |
[28:28] | Missed the train. But he’ll jump a later one. | 没能赶上火车 他会上下一班车 |
[28:30] | So he’ll make the show tonight, | 那他今晚还能去看演出吧 |
[28:32] | be able to see me and Dennis perform. | 能看到我和丹尼斯表演 |
[28:34] | – Of course. – Are you sure? | -当然 -你确定吗 |
[28:38] | Look, what’s important for you two to keep in mind | 你们两个必须要记住的是 |
[28:41] | is that tonight’s performance could decide someone’s future. | 今晚的表演 会决定某个人的未来 |
[28:46] | – God, I’m nervous. – You should be. | -天呐 我好紧张 -你应该紧张 |
[28:49] | The truth is, I have a lot of say | 实话实说 我对巴里决定 |
[28:51] | over who Barry chooses to represent. | 跟谁签约是有很大话语权的 |
[28:53] | He must really respect your opinion. | 他肯定很尊重你的意见 |
[28:55] | He does. | 的确 |
[28:57] | And he likes to keep a short client list. | 而且他不想代理太多人 |
[29:00] | Only one new client a year. | 每年只签约一个新人 |
[29:05] | – One client? – That’s right. | -一个 -没错 |
[29:09] | Well, it should definitely be you, Nora. | 绝对应该是你 诺拉 |
[29:12] | You’re truly gifted. | 你真的很有天赋 |
[29:15] | You’re right, Dennis. | 你说得对 丹尼斯 |
[29:16] | Rafe, Dennis is 35. I’m just 25. | 雷夫 丹尼斯35了 我才25 |
[29:20] | I’m the one with a real chance to make it in the business. | 我才真正有机会在这个圈子里混出头 |
[29:23] | I’m the real talent here. | 我才是真的有才华的人 |
[29:24] | You know I would work the hardest for it. | 你知道我非常努力 |
[29:26] | I am committed to going all the way no matter what it takes. | 我愿付出任何代价 一直走到底 |
[29:30] | What was I thinking? I… | 我怎么想的啊 我… |
[29:34] | I almost ruined my life because of you! | 我差点为了你毁了我的生活 |
[29:47] | I thought a little healthy competition would be good for them. | 我以为营造点健康的竞争环境对他们有好处 |
[29:50] | I didn’t think Nora would be so consumed by it all. | 没想到诺拉会那么着迷 |
[29:54] | Consumed enough you think she’d kill him? | 以至于会想杀了丹尼斯吗 |
[29:57] | Make sure she got the agent? | 确保她能签约 |
[29:58] | She made it quite clear she was going to be a star. | 她明确表示 自己要做明星 |
[30:03] | No matter what it took. | 愿付出任何代价 |
[30:11] | So Nora wanted the spotlight. | 诺拉渴望受人瞩目 |
[30:13] | The question is, was she desperate enough to kill for it? | 问题是 她会为此杀人吗 |
[30:15] | We’ve been going through the play mementos Rafe gave us. | 我们在看雷夫给我们的演出纪念品 |
[30:17] | He told us Dennis rushed to a copy place before the show, | 他说丹尼斯在演出前急匆匆地去了一家复印店 |
[30:20] | – and we found out why. – Cabaret program. | -我们知道为什么了 -《歌厅》的节目大纲 |
[30:23] | A manager there told us they were about to run it off | 经理说他们正要开印 |
[30:25] | and Dennis stopped them. | 丹尼斯阻止了他们 |
[30:26] | – Wanted to change his notes. – Notes? | -想改掉自己的附言 -附言 |
[30:29] | Each actor has a place | 每个演员都能 |
[30:30] | where they can write personal stuff to their family and friends. | 为朋友或家人写一段私人的寄语 |
[30:32] | “Gloria, I’m sorry if I lost my way in the dark. | “格洛瑞娅 很抱歉我在黑暗中迷失了方向 |
[30:37] | You are the only star that can make my future brighter. | 你是唯一能点亮我未来的明星 |
[30:39] | Let’s set a date.” | 我们定日子吧” |
[30:40] | Since the show never went on, | 而演出没能进行 |
[30:42] | Gloria never saw the program | 格洛瑞娅也没拿到大纲 |
[30:44] | – or knew Dennis had come around. – Clinton. | -也不知道丹尼斯回心转意了 -克林顿 |
[30:50] | I, uh, I got something I think you people need to hear. | 我有些东西你们应该听听 |
[30:54] | Go ahead. | 放吧 |
[30:55] | I didn’t say anything before because I… | 我之前之所以没说 |
[30:58] | I knew you’d believe her over me. | 是因为我知道你们会信她不信我 |
[31:00] | But now I got proof. | 但现在我有证据了 |
[31:03] | Clint, this is Nora. | 克林顿 我是诺拉 |
[31:05] | I know the police have been talking to you, | 我知道警方找你谈话了 |
[31:08] | and if you tell them what I did that night, | 如果你告诉他们我那晚干了什么 |
[31:10] | you will be very, very sorry. | 你会非常后悔的 |
[31:15] | See? Always bet on the dame. | 瞧见没 赌女人准没错 |
[31:30] | Your friend Clinton’s in the next room. | 你朋友克林顿就在隔壁 |
[31:33] | – He played us your message. – Oh, god. | -他给我们放了留言 -天呐 |
[31:36] | Yeah. You need to tell me what happened, Nora. | 是啊 你得告诉我们是怎么回事 诺拉 |
[31:40] | I’m such an idiot. Why am I such an idiot? | 我真是个傻瓜 我怎么这么傻呢 |
[31:43] | Don’t know. But you better start explaining. | 不知道 但你得解释了 |
[31:48] | I didn’t want Clinton to say anything | 我不想让克林顿说出去 |
[31:50] | because my career is really about to take off. | 是因为我的事业真的要有起色了 |
[31:54] | And getting convicted of murder might get in the way? | 而被控谋杀会成为你的事业绊脚石吗 |
[31:56] | I did not kill Dennis. I’m innocent! | 我没杀丹尼斯 我是无辜的 |
[31:58] | Hey, this ain’t a performance, Nora. | 这可不是表演 诺拉 |
[32:00] | This is real life, and you’re in real trouble. | 这是现实生活 你真的有麻烦了 |
[32:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[32:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[32:10] | I was young and insecure, | 我当时年轻 没安全感 |
[32:15] | and I let my emotions get the best of me. | 我一时冲动 做了傻事 |
[32:31] | *I met this truly remarkable girl* | *在这座不可思议的城市里* |
[32:38] | *In this really incredible town* | *遇见了一个了不起的姑娘* |
[32:41] | *And she skillfully managed to talk her way into my room* | *她油嘴滑舌 让我把她放进了屋* |
[32:45] | Oh, Cliff! | 克里夫 |
[32:46] | *I’ve got a terrible feeling I’ve said a dumb thing* | *我怕我是说了傻话* |
[32:51] | *Besides I’ve only got one narrow bed* | *而且我只有一张窄窄的床* |
[32:54] | *We’ll think of something* | *我们会想办法的* |
[32:59] | You can’t be mad at me forever, Dennis. | 你不能一直生我的气 丹尼斯 |
[33:01] | I’m just committed, totally. | 我只是一心投在演戏上 |
[33:05] | That’s why I’ll bet you’ll be a star. | 所以我相信你一定能当上明星 |
[33:09] | I’ll be driving my cab. | 而我会继续开出租车 |
[33:12] | This was fun. | 这一切真有趣 |
[33:14] | But I don’t think I like shutting off my memory, | 但我想我不喜欢关闭我的记忆 |
[33:16] | living in the now. | 活在这一刻里 |
[33:18] | You forget too much. | 会忘记太多事 |
[33:20] | Hey, they’re looking for you guys in costumes. | 服装部那边在找你们 |
[33:23] | I’m gonna get ready. | 我得去做准备了 |
[33:28] | Man, I’m kind of nervous. | 我可真紧张啊 |
[33:34] | I don’t blame you. | 这也难怪 |
[33:37] | Rafe told me | 雷夫告诉我 |
[33:39] | Barry Turk wants to walk out of here with some new clients. | 巴里·特科可能会跟谁签约 |
[33:42] | Cool. | 好啊 |
[33:44] | – I think you are so talented. – Thank you. | -我觉得你很有才华 -谢谢 |
[33:47] | But I’m afraid Dennis has a better shot. He’s just… | 但恐怕丹尼斯的希望更大 他… |
[33:52] | more commercial, you know? | 更有商业气息 |
[33:57] | Well, we’ll see, I guess. | 那就走着瞧了 |
[33:59] | But why take that chance? | 何必冒险呢 |
[34:03] | If we mess Dennis up, | 如果我们惹得丹尼斯心烦 |
[34:05] | the agent can focus on you and me instead. | 经纪人就会把注意力放在我们身上了 |
[34:07] | What do you mean, mess him up? | 什么叫惹他心烦 |
[34:09] | Look, I know about your background, okay? | 我知道你的背景 |
[34:11] | The jail time, the gangs. It’s all cool with me. | 蹲监狱 混帮派 我不介意的 |
[34:14] | If you put on a ski mask, | 如果你戴一个滑雪面具 |
[34:16] | which they have in the costume room, by the way, | 服装室里就有 |
[34:18] | and wait outside until Dennis goes for his cigarette break… | 去外面等着丹尼斯出来抽烟 |
[34:20] | A ski mask? | 滑雪面具 |
[34:21] | Just listen, okay? | 听我说啊 |
[34:23] | You could pretend to be a robber, | 你可以装成是劫匪 |
[34:25] | take his wallet, scare the hell out of him. | 抢走他的钱包 吓得他半死 |
[34:27] | You could use the director’s gun! | 你可以用导演的枪 |
[34:29] | I saw that he keeps it in his office drawer. | 我看见他把枪放在办公室的抽屉里 |
[34:31] | You want me to shoot Dennis? | 你要我开枪打丹尼斯 |
[34:32] | Of course not. | 当然不是了 |
[34:34] | I just want you to rattle him up so he’s a wreck onstage. | 我只想让你吓唬他 这样他会在台上演砸 |
[34:37] | Then you and I can shine, | 这样你我就能大放异彩了 |
[34:40] | blow that Barry Turk away. | 震住那个巴里·特科 |
[34:43] | You are out of your mind. | 你真是疯了 |
[34:44] | Nobody gets hurt, and we’ll go to the next level. | 没人会受伤 而我们又能更上一层楼 |
[34:47] | What’s crazy about that? | 这有什么疯狂的 |
[34:49] | You know… | 知道吗 |
[34:51] | a couple of months ago, | 几个月前 |
[34:54] | I would have done it. You know that? | 我会这么做的 知道吗 |
[34:57] | Because I would have believed that that was all I was good for. | 因为我会觉得我就这点本事 |
[35:01] | But not anymore. | 但现在不是了 |
[35:03] | And if I ever get an agent, | 如果我能跟人签约 |
[35:07] | it’s gonna be because I put on one hell of show. | 也会是因为我呈现了一场精彩的表演 |
[35:16] | After what Clinton said, I realized I was acting like a lunatic. | 听了他的话 我才意识到自己有多疯狂 |
[35:19] | Your plan is exactly how it went down. | 你的计划一点不差地发生了 |
[35:22] | – It’s a heck of a coincidence. – I know. | -这也太巧了吧 -我知道 |
[35:25] | Why do you think I didn’t want Clinton to talk? | 所以我才不想让克林顿说出去 |
[35:27] | I knew how guilty it made me look. | 我知道这会对我很不利 |
[35:29] | But I swear on my life, | 但我发誓 |
[35:33] | I did not hurt Dennis. | 我没伤害丹尼斯 |
[35:35] | One of them must have done it. It’s too detailed a plan. | 肯定是他们中一人干的 计划得这么详细 |
[35:39] | Unless someone overheard it. | 除非被人偷听到了 |
[35:45] | I’m glad to help, | 我很乐意帮忙 |
[35:46] | but I’m pretty sure I told you guys everything I know already. | 但我知道的都告诉你们了 |
[35:49] | I don’t think so, Lyle. | 不是吧 莱尔 |
[35:52] | No? | 不吗 |
[35:54] | No. | 不 |
[35:56] | We know you were in that booth for sound check, | 我们知道你在隔间里做校音 |
[35:58] | that you could hear everything onstage. | 可以听到台上的一切 |
[36:00] | You heard Nora’s plan the night of the show, | 演出当晚 你听到了诺拉的计划 |
[36:02] | and you went through with it, didn’t you? | 而你去实施了 不是吗 |
[36:04] | Her plan? I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 什么计划 我不知道你们在说什么 |
[36:06] | The actors are given a chance to “Get onstage, realize a dream.” | 这些演员有机会”在台上表演 实现梦想” |
[36:11] | Your words. | 你自己说的 |
[36:12] | That your dream, Lyle? To be onstage? | 那是你的梦想吗 莱尔 上台表演 |
[36:14] | Come on. I love playing music. | 得了吧 我热爱演奏 |
[36:17] | But the music isn’t what people clap for | 但演出结束后 |
[36:19] | at the end of the show, is it? | 人们不是在为音乐鼓掌 |
[36:20] | That’s because they’re morons. | 那是因为他们都是白痴 |
[36:23] | Now, I think you’re a lot like Dennis, | 我觉得你很像丹尼斯 |
[36:25] | watching life pass you by, dreaming of a spotlight. | 看着生命逝去 渴望受人瞩目 |
[36:29] | But Dennis was brave. | 但丹尼斯很勇敢 |
[36:30] | He got up his nerve, went out there and auditioned. | 他鼓起了勇气 去试唱了 |
[36:33] | – You were too scared. – That why you killed him? | -而你却不敢 -所以你才杀了他吗 |
[36:35] | Or did you kill him just because you knew he was better than you? | 或许你杀他是因为你知道自己不如他 |
[36:37] | Better than me? I don’t think so. | 不如他 我看未必 |
[36:39] | Oh, pretty easy to sit on the sidelines, judging. | 在一旁观看 评价是很容易的 |
[36:41] | But you know what? | 但是你知道吗 |
[36:42] | I don’t think you could’ve hacked it under those bright lights. | 我看你在镁光灯下根本演不好 |
[36:44] | You’re wrong! | 你错了 |
[36:47] | If I’d gotten onstage that night | 如果那晚我上了台 |
[36:48] | with Barry Turk in the front row, | 巴里·特科坐在前排看我表演 |
[36:50] | everyone would’ve been blown away! | 所有人都会赞叹不已的 |
[36:52] | – But you were never gonna get onstage. – Wrong again! | -但你永远都登不了台 -又错了 |
[36:55] | With Dennis gone, | 丹尼斯一走 |
[36:56] | I was the only one who could go on in his place. | 只有我能顶替他上台 |
[36:57] | I knew every word of that show! | 我对剧本滚瓜烂熟 |
[37:00] | You killed him and thought the curtain would still go up? | 你杀了他 还以为剧目会照常上演吗 |
[37:02] | I was just gonna hit him in the leg, send him to the hospital. | 我本想打他的腿 让他上医院 |
[37:04] | It isn’t fair they canceled the show! | 他们取消演出太不公平了 |
[37:09] | Whatever happened to “The show must go on”? | 不是说”演出必须继续”吗 |
[37:14] | I knew every word. | 我背得滚瓜烂熟 |
[37:16] | Every word. | 一字不差 |
[37:19] | You don’t believe me? | 你们不信吗 |
[37:31] | There was a Cabaret | 有一家歌厅 |
[37:35] | and there was a master-of-ceremonies | 和一位主持人 |
[37:39] | and there was a city called Berlin | 有一座城市叫柏林 |
[37:41] | in a country called Germany. | 那是在一个叫德国的国家 |
[37:45] | It was the end of the world. | 那是世界的尽头 |
[37:49] | And I was dancing with Sally Bowles | 而我跟萨莉·鲍尔斯翩翩起舞 |
[37:55] | and we were both fast asleep. | 我们都睡着了 |
[37:59] | *The sun on the meadow is summery warm* | *草地上的艳阳 夏天般温暖* |
[38:06] | *The stag in the forest runs free* | *树林里的牡鹿 自由地奔跑* |
[38:12] | *But gather together to greet the storm* | *大家聚集起来 迎接暴风雨* |
[38:19] | *Tomorrow belongs to me* | *明天属于我* |
[38:29] | Give me all your money. | 把钱给我 |
[38:35] | Lyle, that’s the worst fake voice I ever heard. | 莱尔 这是我听过的最差劲的假声音了 |
[38:39] | What are you up to? | 你这是干什么啊 |
[38:42] | You think I’m a joke, huh? | 你觉得我很好笑吗 |
[38:46] | You think you’re better than me, huh? | 你觉得自己比我强吗 |
[38:49] | Let’s go inside, okay? It’s almost time. | 我们进去吧 快到时间了 |
[38:51] | No, my time! Not yours. | 不 是我的时刻 不是你的 |
[38:55] | You’ve had enough. | 你风光够了 |
[38:57] | Look, all I want to do is put on a good show | 听我说 我只想好好表演 |
[38:59] | and go home to my fiancee. | 然后回家 到我未婚妻身边 |
[39:01] | This is my home! | 这里就是我的家 |
[39:03] | It’s all I have! | 这是我的一切 |
[39:04] | And this! | 而这 |
[39:07] | is going to be my show. | 将会成为我的表演 |
[39:10] | For once, I’m gonna be the one that gets to shine! | 这一次 我要大放异彩 |
[39:16] | Lyle! | 莱尔 |
[39:45] | 歌曲:”Maybe This Time” 选自:”Cabaret” |