时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | The following story is fictional and does not depict any actual person or event. | 本故事纯属虚构 如有雷同,实属巧合 |
[00:04] | August 12,1945 | 1945年8月12日 |
[00:06] | Whoo-wee, What a doozy, folks! | 各位,真的意想不到 |
[00:08] | It’s only an exhibition game | 虽然只是表演赛 |
[00:10] | but it has all the drama of the 7th game of the World Series! | 但别具世界赛第七场的紧张气氛 |
[00:14] | The bottom of the 9th and the negro league of All Stars | 这是第九组尾段的赛事 |
[00:17] | are dead even with the major leaguers at 3 apiece. | 黑人联盟明星队跟大联盟球队势均力敌 |
[00:21] | At bat, for the negro leaguers, Clyde Taylor. | 黑人联盟的击球手泰佳德 |
[00:24] | Already, 2 doubles and a single, | 已打出两次双打和一次单打 |
[00:27] | this kid has been sensational! | 这小子真了不起 |
[00:30] | Show him how it’s done, rookie. | 小子,给他们好看 |
[00:35] | Time. | 暂停 没用鬼 |
[00:43] | Look here, what’d I tell you, Jackie? | 看看 我怎么告诉你 |
[00:48] | Man, shakin’ in his shoes. | – 他在颤抖啊 |
[00:49] | No, you watch. | – 不,你看着 |
[00:51] | The young fella’s gonna be just fine. | 他很好,他很有本领 |
[00:53] | He’s got a ton of guts. | |
[00:55] | How’s this one grab ya? | 这个怎样? |
[01:00] | Just right. Thanks Crumbs. | 很好,谢谢你,杰克 |
[01:02] | Make us famous, would ya? | 让我们扬名立万 |
[01:15] | Money, marbles or chalk, gentlemen. | 各位,你们怎么看? |
[01:19] | I’m taking all bets. My rookie hits this ball clear over the grandstand. | 我打赌这小子能把球击到看台外 |
[01:25] | You can do it, honey pie. Just one more pitch! This is it! | 甜心,你做得到的 再打一次就行,对了 |
[01:30] | I’ll send you back to the cotton fields, you hear me boy? | 打不好几送你回去棉花田 |
[01:35] | The count is 3 and 2, | 三、二…… |
[01:37] | here’s the wind up, and the pitch! | 准备 击球 |
[02:06] | Yes! | 棒啊 |
[02:47] | All right, Leonard, | 连诺,到你了,眼睛盯着球 |
[02:49] | you just wait for yours now. Keep your eye on that ball. | |
[02:52] | You can do it, wait for your pitch. | 你做得到,看准击球 |
[02:54] | All right, come on Leonard, good eye, you can do it. | 加油,瞄准,你做得到 |
[02:57] | Watch that ball. | 看着球 |
[03:04] | – How old is he now? – 11. | 他多大了? 11岁 |
[03:06] | He didn’t get that good Jeffries size, did he? | 还没长得像你这么高大? |
[03:09] | His mom’s an itty bitty thing. | 他妈妈很娇小 |
[03:10] | Tell you what, the kid’s got a motor on him. | 但我告诉你,他很有潜质 |
[03:12] | He’s fast, huh? | 他动作很快 |
[03:13] | Problem is, he can’t hit the ball to save his life and never gets on base. | 但总击不中球,从没有抵垒 |
[03:18] | Hey Uncle Will, Mr. Stillman. | WILL叔叔,史先生 |
[03:20] | Hey Leonard, looking good out there, son. | 连诺,你打得不错啊 |
[03:22] | – If I could only hit the dang ball. – Oh, the hits will come. | 能击中球就好了 有天一定能击中 |
[03:25] | – You’ve got the mechanics. – I do? | 你有一副好身手 |
[03:27] | What’ve I been telling you? | 是吗 我就是这么说嘛 |
[03:28] | Still, I’m no Clyde Taylor. | 但我仍不是泰佳德 |
[03:31] | Let’s get you home. | 我们送你回家 |
[03:33] | Who’s Clyde Taylor? | 谁是TAYLER? |
[03:35] | – You’ve never heard of him? – No. | – 你没有听说过他? – 没有 |
[03:37] | He was the best of the best. | 他是棒球界精英中精英 |
[03:39] | Maybe even better than Babe Ruth. Right? | 或许比贝比鲁斯更出色 |
[03:41] | That’s what my pops used to tell me. | 我爸爸也是这么说 |
[03:43] | Took the old negro leagues by storm. | 是黑人联盟的明日之星 |
[03:46] | But not for very long. | 可惜没有维持多久 |
[03:47] | Because somebody killed him, right? | 因为他被谋杀了,对不对? |
[03:49] | – That’s true. – Who? | 对 |
[03:51] | – No one ever knew. – Not even the police? | 谁是凶手 没有人知道 连警察也不知道? |
[03:53] | Sometimes there’s no good evidence, | 有时找不到证据 |
[03:55] | the police have to put the case away. | 警方就要搁置案件 |
[03:57] | And we’re left with just mystery. | 然后变成悬案 |
[03:58] | But what if it was the Babe who got murdered? | 但万一被杀的是贝斯而非佳德 |
[04:01] | I mean, instead of Clyde? | |
[04:03] | Would the olden day cops let that be a mystery? | 从前的警察会搁置案件吗? |
[04:52] | Clyde Taylor, 20, | 泰佳德,20岁 |
[04:53] | beaten to death next to his car outside Connie Mack Stadium. | 在康尼麦克体育观外的车旁被击毙 |
[04:56] | Well, no return to the scene of the crime, | 今次不能回到案发现场 |
[04:58] | the stadium was torn down in the 70’s. | 体育馆于70年代拆卸了 |
[04:59] | Body was found after an exhibition game between the negro league All Stars and a group of major leaguers. | 尸体在黑人联盟明星队 跟大联盟队比赛后被发现 |
[05:05] | They found him still in his uniform. | 当时他仍身穿球衣 |
[05:07] | Assigned has down there was a smear in front of his jersey. / Yeah? | 负责探员指球衣前方有污迹 – 是吗? |
[05:12] | A tobacco stain, the backside was caked in blood. | – 烟草痕迹 背后满布血迹 |
[05:14] | Well the story went, Clyde was attacked from behind. | 有说佳德从后遇袭 |
[05:17] | Struck down with his very own bat. | 被自己的球棒打四 |
[05:19] | Which adds up, his gear bag and mitt were found next to him, the bat was missing. | 对,袋子和手套就在尸体旁 但球棒不见了 |
[05:22] | 40’s. Different era, | 40年代跟现在很不同 |
[05:24] | ball players lugging around their own gear. | |
[05:26] | Might explain why Clyde had his uniform on. | 棒球员背着装备到处走 所以佳德身穿球衣 |
[05:28] | Colored players probably weren’t allowed to shower. | 黑人球员可能连洗澡也不准 |
[05:32] | Suspects? | 有疑凶吗? |
[05:33] | They were looking at Tyler Cage, the losing pitcher. | 他们曾调查败方的投球手贾泰勒 |
[05:36] | The one Clyde hit a home run off to win the game. | 佳德就是击中他的球以全垒打赢得球赛 |
[05:38] | The players heard him jawing at Clyde using racial slurs. | 球员听到他辱骂佳德是黑鬼 |
[05:41] | But ultimately he had an alibi, | 但他有不在场证据 |
[05:43] | post-game press conference hadn’t even started, | 赛后记招还没有召开 |
[05:45] | Cage was seen across town drinking away his post-game blues. | 便有人见到贾为了落败买醉 |
[05:50] | – Located the last to see. – Yeah? | 找到最后见到佳德的人 |
[05:52] | Mr. Joe Crumbly. Goes by Crumbs. | 克祖儿,绰号小克 |
[06:01] | Mr. Crumbly, you were the club-house manager for | 克先生,你是佳德的球队 |
[06:04] | Clyde’s team, the Philly Steel-Drivers? | 费城钢师队的球会经理 |
[06:06] | Check. | 是 |
[06:08] | Also on board for the All Star game, the day Clyde was killed. | 佳德遇害当天的球赛我亦在场 |
[06:12] | You two were the last ones out of the locker room. | 你们最后离开储物室? |
[06:14] | Check. Clyde wanted to avoid the spotlight so | 是,佳德不想成为焦点 |
[06:18] | he waited for the mob to die down. | 所以等大家离去后才离开 |
[06:20] | Hammers a homer and then liked to lay low? | 他是一个爱家、低调的人? |
[06:22] | Yeah, that’s how he was. | 他就是这样 |
[06:24] | So I pick up the slack, be the braggadocios one. | 而我就代他去叨光 |
[06:29] | See, I believe Clyde, had he lived, | 我相信佳德的本领 |
[06:33] | would have been the first to cross the color line, | 若他没死定是首个黑人棒球选手 |
[06:35] | not Jackie Robinson. | 不是罗宾逊 |
[06:37] | So going back, you remember if Clyde was carrying a bat with him that night? | 记得当晚佳德有否带着球棍? |
[06:41] | Made sure he had it in his bag. | 我确保他袋好了 |
[06:43] | It was the bat he hit the home run with. | 那是打出全垒打的球棒啊 |
[06:45] | A home run off of Tyler Cage, the opposing pitcher? / Yes, ma’am. | 击中败方球手贾泰勒的球 是 |
[06:50] | What was your opinion of him? | 你对他有何看法? |
[06:51] | The man was lower than oil dirt. | 他是一个卑鄙小人 |
[06:54] | Ask me who killed Clyde, my money’s on him. | 若你问我谁杀佳德,我说是他 |
[06:57] | Because of the popping off he did during the game? Racewise? | 因为他在球赛期间骂佳德是黑鬼 |
[07:00] | What was said during the game was never an issue. | 球赛期间说的话都不重要 |
[07:03] | But off the field, well. | 但球赛后则是另一回事 |
[07:07] | That was a different story. | |
[07:13] | Hey, Mr. Taylor. | 泰先生 |
[07:14] | Could I have your autograph? | 可否替我签个名? |
[07:18] | – What’s your name young fella? – Troy. | 小子,你叫什么名字? 蔡尔 |
[07:21] | OK, Troy. | 好,蔡尔 |
[07:26] | Best of luck to you, son. | 祝你好运,孩子 |
[07:28] | Gee, thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[07:29] | Now when I go to the toilet, I’ll have something to use. | 我上厕所时有东西抹屁股了 |
[07:34] | Hey you little bastards, get back here! | 小杂种,回来 |
[07:43] | – I recogize you, the bat boy. – So? | 我认得你,棒球队的小杂役 |
[07:46] | You’re the pitcher’s son. | – 那又如何? – 你是那投手之子 |
[07:47] | Let me have him. | 让我来 |
[07:50] | Keep your cotton pickin’ hands off me ya big ape. | 别用你拣棉花的手来碰我,猿人 |
[07:53] | What are you gonna do? Hit a kid? | 你要怎么做?打小孩? |
[07:58] | I’d like my name back. | 我想要回我的签名 |
[08:10] | I’m tellin’ my dad, | 我会告诉爸爸 |
[08:11] | you’re gonna be sorry you didn’t keep your paws to yourself, boy. | 你一定会后悔这样对我,小子 |
[08:22] | Rotten to the core, just like his pa. | 卑鄙至极,就像他爸爸 |
[08:25] | Never told the police this story? | 你从没有告诉警方这件事? |
[08:27] | Never figured it meant much. | 我没想过有何重要 |
[08:29] | Just another jerk kid being a jerk. | 只是一个搞事的混小子 |
[08:32] | How is it you became involved with what was an all black organization? | 你为何会替黑人球队做事? |
[08:36] | I knew Clyde since the war. | 战时我便认识佳德 |
[08:38] | Saw him play ball with the other servicemen. | 看到他跟士兵打棒球 |
[08:41] | Then we’re home, I heard the local negro team was holdin’ tryouts | 后来我们回国 听说当地的黑人球队办选拔赛 |
[08:45] | so I rung him up. | 我便打电话给他 |
[08:47] | Next, Clyde makes the team, | 然后他便成功加入球队 |
[08:50] | and tells me I’m comin’ along with him. | 并叫我跟着他 |
[09:01] | Troy. We know about that stunt you pulled on Clyde after the game. | 蔡尔,我们知道赛后你怎么对佳德 |
[09:05] | – Asking for his autograph? – So? | 问他要签名的事 那又如何? |
[09:08] | So we also know you ran and told your daddy he put his hands on you. | 我们还知道你跟爸爸告状说他打你 |
[09:11] | That don’t mean dad went back and did something about it. | 那不代表我爸爸回去找他算帐 |
[09:14] | He’s dead 10 years, let him rest in peace. | 他死了十年,让他安息吧 |
[09:16] | Well that game ended his career. | 那球赛结束了他的棒球生涯 |
[09:18] | – That gives him motive. – He had an alibi. | 他有杀人动机 他不在场证据 |
[09:20] | So maybe people lied for him. | 或许有人替他说谎 |
[09:22] | Look, you know the history. | 我们很清楚历史 |
[09:24] | A white pitcher who loses to a black team in 1945 may have | 1945年的白人投手败给黑人球队 |
[09:27] | just pitched himself out of baseball. | 一定断送棒球生涯 |
[09:29] | Your dad must’ve hated Clyde. | 令尊一定恨头了佳德 |
[09:31] | Not as much as Moody did. | 不及穆迪那么深,他不恨佳德 |
[09:34] | Who’s Moody? | 谁是穆迪? |
[09:36] | Moody Brown. | 布穆迪 |
[09:38] | The player Clyde replaced on the line-up that day. | 当天佳德取代出场的球员 |
[09:41] | Well how did you know about that? | 你怎么知道这事? |
[09:43] | When you’re 7 years old, | 当你是一个七岁小鬼 |
[09:44] | being the bat boy is like being a cat’s ass. | 当球队小杂役能打探到任何事 |
[09:49] | Down on the field, up close and personal, | 在球场上,亲眼看到的事 |
[09:52] | hear what the players are really talking about. | 听到球员在说什么 |
[09:54] | Are you saying you saw something go down between Moody and Clyde? | 你是说看到穆迪和佳德争执? |
[09:57] | Had the best seat in the house. | 看得一清二楚 |
[10:19] | Best not be thinkin’ about nothin’ but handin’ over that ball. | 你别魂游太虚 |
[10:24] | Real nice. | 把球给我,乖乖的 |
[10:29] | Mister, what’s that scar on your face? | 先生,你脸上的疤痕怎么弄来的 |
[10:34] | Ask around. See what you hear. | 问问别人,看他们怎么说 |
[10:37] | Hey, you! Stop right there. | 你 站住 |
[10:45] | Just heard I ain’t playin’ because of you. | 我刚刚说你取代我出场 |
[10:48] | I’m in the line-up? I didn’t know. | 我能出场?我不知道 |
[10:51] | Don’t worry, rookie. | 放心,新仔,没事的 |
[10:53] | We’re fine. We all in this together, right? | 我们同坐一条船,对不对? |
[10:55] | – Because we only got one day. – One day? | 反正我们只有一天 一天? |
[10:58] | Tommorrow, those major leaguers go back to being the boys of summer. | 明天大联盟球员就会回去当夏季红人 |
[11:02] | We go back to being the boys who shine their shoes. | 我们则变回去替他们擦鞋的人 |
[11:05] | I wouldn’t look at it that way. | 我不会这么看 |
[11:08] | Look here, | 看看,不如你为我扮腿伤了? |
[11:10] | what d’ya say you pull up a lame for old Moody one time? Huh? | |
[11:14] | You asking me to fake an injury? | 你要我假装受伤? |
[11:15] | Not too late in the game. Just give me one at bat. | 在赛事后段 |
[11:19] | – One moment. – Moody I want you to play, I do. | 让我击一次球,过风光的一刻 穆迪,我也想你能出场 |
[11:24] | But I couldn’t live with myself. | 但这样做我对不起自己的良心 |
[11:29] | All right, then. | 那好吧 |
[11:36] | Let me go. You’re breaking my hand. | 放手 你快弄断我的手 |
[11:39] | Right, I’m breaking your hand. | 对,我要弄断你的手 |
[11:42] | You don’t see to it I get the bat, | 你还不会看到我出场击球 |
[11:43] | I’m going to break your head, understand? | 因为我要击碎你的脑袋,明白吗 |
[11:46] | Hey, what’s going on? | 你们怎么了? |
[11:48] | We’re just funnin’, Jackie, | 我们在玩而已,积奇 |
[11:51] | like a pair of old giggling pickaninnies over here. | 就像一队闹着玩的黑人小孩 |
[11:59] | So, Moody made a threat. | 穆迪威胁他 |
[12:03] | We both know players talk smack when it comes to playing time. | 但我们都知道提到出场比赛球员有多紧张 |
[12:06] | But when Clyde hit that home run, | 但佳德打出全垒打后 |
[12:09] | all the negros run out on the field like they just won the World Series, | 所有黑人球员都跑到场上 就像他们赢了世界赛那样 |
[12:13] | all except Moody. | 除了穆迪 |
[12:15] | What was the deal with the scar? | 可知道他脸上的疤痕怎么得来? |
[12:16] | You follow up on that? | |
[12:17] | Negro player told me he got it in a pop bottle fight with his cousin. | 黑人球员说他跟表亲打架 |
[12:21] | And? | 结果呢? |
[12:23] | And his cousin wasn’t around no more. | 他表亲早已死掉 |
[12:41] | Exsuce me, sir. You Moody Brown? | 不好意思,你是布穆迪吗? |
[12:49] | Sittin’ here in front of this shop, ain’t I? | 我不是坐在这店子前吗? |
[12:52] | Who else am I gonna be? | 我不是布穆迪,还会是谁? |
[12:55] | Detectives Jeffries and Valens, Moody. | 我们是谢探员和范探员 |
[12:57] | We wanna talk to you about Clyde Taylor. | 想跟你谈谈泰佳德 |
[13:00] | Why you wanna come here drudging up that old mess? | 为何前来翻旧事? |
[13:02] | – We may have a crack in the case. – From 60 years ago? | 我们希望找到线索破案 |
[13:05] | What crack you got? | 这是60年前的事能找到什么线索? |
[13:07] | One matter concerns you. | 有一件关于你的事 |
[13:08] | It has to do with Clyde cutting into your playing time. | 佳德取代你上场比赛 |
[13:11] | Oh, that’s a stale story. | 那个鬼故事 |
[13:13] | And one you need to tell us about. | 你要告诉我们 |
[13:17] | I played the negro leagues, | 我是黑人联盟的球员 |
[13:19] | I made my 100 dollars a month. | 月薪一百元 |
[13:21] | Beyond that, sorry. My memory’s broke. | 除此之外,抱歉,我什么都不记得 |
[13:25] | A witness heard you tell Clyde you’d bust his head if you didn’t play. | 有证人听到你跟佳德说 若你无法出场就砸碎他的头 |
[13:29] | And you didn’t play. | 事实你亦没有出场 |
[13:32] | I’ll admit I was ready to square off with Clyde. | 我承认我原本打算找佳德算帐 |
[13:35] | I’m the squaring off type. | 我是个有仇必报的人 |
[13:36] | And a game against the major leaguers didn’t come around every day. | 况且跟大联盟对赛不是每天都会发生 |
[13:41] | Colored player got to feel what it was like to be equal, | 黑人球员要体验到平等的滋味 |
[13:45] | if only for 3 hours on a Sunday afternoon. | 即使只得周日下午的三小时 |
[13:48] | But you didn’t get that. | 但你没有这个机会 |
[13:51] | Sir, I wanted a career. A real one. | 先生,我想有真正的棒球事业 |
[13:57] | Negro tell you that wasn’t on his mind, he’s a liar. | 若有黑人说不想,他是骗你的 |
[14:04] | Major league scouts are out there, I can tell they’re just lickin’ their chops. | 大联盟的棒球球员星探就在外面 他们在挑选新人 |
[14:07] | Yeah, they’re waitin’ to spy me throw my double wind-up. | 他们等着看我挥双臂投球 |
[14:14] | What d’ya think’ll look best on ol’ Satchel there, young rookie? | 新仔,你觉得我穿什么较好看? |
[14:17] | Yankie pinstripes or Dodger blue? | 洋基细条纹还是道奇蓝色? |
[14:19] | Either/or should look real sharp, | 两者都很抢眼 |
[14:22] | as long as it comes with a rocking chair. | 但要配一张摇摇椅 天啊 |
[14:27] | Booker T. Washington be tellin’ a joke now. | 这小子竟会说笑话 |
[14:31] | Oh, what about the color line, | 肤色问题呢? |
[14:33] | do you really think someone’s gonna break through? | 有黑人能突破这难关吗? |
[14:35] | – Satchel, any opinions on the subject? – Oh, let me see, | 你有什么看法吗? |
[14:38] | who’s the best pitcher Joe DiMaggio said he’d ever faced? / You. | 马乔说谁是他见过最厉害的投手? |
[14:42] | And I give a good interview, too. | 我的访问蛮精彩的 |
[14:49] | Come on, Moody, calm down. | 穆迪,冷静点 |
[14:50] | He’s just sore because you’re the future. | 你是明日之星,他看不过眼 |
[14:52] | Truth be told, Clyde’ll beat us all to the majors. | 坦白说,佳德将击败我们晋身大联盟 |
[14:55] | There a problem gentlemen? | 有问题吗? |
[14:58] | No, sir, Mr. D. | 没有 |
[14:59] | Fine. May I have a minute, Clyde? | 好,佳德,我想跟你谈谈 |
[15:07] | Boys are heapin’ some high praise on you. | 他们对你评价极高 |
[15:10] | All this talk about the majors. | 说你将晋身大联盟 |
[15:14] | I think it’s best to pay them no mind. | 别太在意他们的话 |
[15:16] | That’s good. | 好极,你是我的人 |
[15:17] | Because I own your black ass. | |
[15:19] | Don’t you forget it. | 你最好别忘记 |
[15:26] | So Dandridge saw the writing on the wall, | 邓察觉到危险 |
[15:28] | end of the negro leagues and his millions going down the drain. | 黑人联盟赛结束后他的钱便付诸流水 |
[15:31] | But if he could hold on to Clyde, | 但若他能留住佳德 |
[15:34] | maybe his team somehow survives. | 或许能保住球队 |
[15:37] | What did Dandridge mean saying he owned Clyde? | 邓说佳德是他的人是什么意思 |
[15:40] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:42] | But back in them days, | 但当年黑人百万富翁绝不是依正途致富的 |
[15:44] | a millionare black man didn’t become one playin’ by the rules. | |
[16:00] | So the negro leagues made you a rich man. | 黑人联盟令你致富 |
[16:03] | Millionare by age 24. | 24岁便成为百万富翁 |
[16:06] | Sure picked the right job. | 你无疑选对了职业 |
[16:07] | I wasn’t the only one.1945, | 不止我一个 |
[16:10] | it was one the largest black dominated businesses in the United States. | 那是1945那边黑人主宰的行业 |
[16:14] | And in ’47 Branch Rickey signed Jackie Robinson so your league | 47年,瑞基签了罗宾逊 |
[16:18] | was on the way out and you were headed for a bankruptcy. | 你的球队快被淘汰 因此你亦濒临破产 |
[16:21] | Chubby young white fella who paid attention during black history month. | 你这个白胖子很熟悉黑人历史 |
[16:25] | Clyde was your new marquee player. | 佳德是你的新明星球员 |
[16:27] | It’d be bad business not to tie him up. | 不留住他就很不智 |
[16:29] | – I won’t deny that. – Question is, how? | 我不否认这点 问题是怎么做? |
[16:32] | Players signed month to month contracts in those days. | 当时球员逐个月签约 |
[16:34] | No way you were just gonna let him walk when the majors came callin’ / True | 你绝不会让大联盟拉拢他 对 |
[16:38] | So what did you have over Clyde? | 你对佳德有什么影响力? |
[16:40] | What’s this you owned him stuff? | 什么“你是我的人”? |
[16:48] | You ownin’ my ass, is that a joke? | 我是你的人?说笑吧 |
[16:51] | Clyde, you got a gift that’s gonna make somebody a lot of money. | 佳德,你的天赋能让某人赚大钱 |
[16:56] | And since you’re mine, it’s gonna be me. | 既然你是我的人,赚钱的是我 |
[16:59] | Major league’s opened the game up to coloreds. | 若大联盟肯接受黑人球员 |
[17:01] | Why would you think you could stop me? | 你怎么能阻止我? |
[17:03] | Because you’re in love. | 因为你在谈恋爱 |
[17:06] | And I know with who. | 我知道对象是谁 |
[17:09] | Thought you were being careful, huh? / Why? | 你以为你们是谨慎? 为什么 |
[17:13] | Why would you wanna do this to me? | 为何要这样对我? |
[17:14] | This whole season’s on the field. | 好一个出色的新球员 |
[17:17] | You’re so naive off. | 又这样天真 |
[17:19] | Simply put, business. | 不如这样说吧,这是生意 |
[17:24] | So maybe I’m not scared of what you know. | 或许我不害怕你知道什么 |
[17:26] | Fine. As long as you’re not scared of a noose around your neck. | 好 只要你不怕被人在背后说话 |
[17:32] | Because you just know I love to talk. | 因为我是一个大嘴巴 |
[17:35] | Suit up. We’ll put this behind us. | 穿好衣服,这个不用再谈了 |
[17:42] | I’m gonna break your neck. | 我要扭断你的脖子 |
[17:46] | I’m the one who oughtta be sore. | 应该生气的是我 |
[17:51] | That Lilly white skin. | 那白皙的皮肤 |
[17:53] | bet it’s even lighter where the sun don’t shine. | 不在阳光下定很白里透红 |
[18:02] | What that must be like. | 一定很不滑不溜手 |
[18:14] | Lilly white skin? | 白皙的皮肤? |
[18:16] | Clyde’s lady friend was as fair as you. | 佳德的女朋友跟你一样白皙 |
[18:20] | So maybe after the game | 或许球赛后佳德打算扭断你脖子 |
[18:21] | Clyde came looking to break your neck and you broke his head first? | 结果给你砸碎头颅 |
[18:24] | If that was so, I would’ve killed him on the choo-choo. | 是那样的话,我在火车上杀他的 |
[18:27] | An hour after the game I was on a train to New York. | 比赛结束后我坐火车去纽约 |
[18:30] | – Can you prove that? – I’ll let you do that. | 你能证明吗? 我让你们去证明 |
[18:34] | So who was the white girl? | 那白人女孩是谁? |
[18:36] | Some dame on the arm of this wise guy, Eddie Mason. | 万艾迪的女朋友 |
[18:42] | Heard Eddie call her Legs. | 我听到艾迪叫她“美腿” |
[18:44] | So maybe Eddie knew about Legs and Clyde, got a hold of that bat. | 或许艾迪知道“美腿”跟佳德的事 拿起球棒…… |
[18:49] | And hit a home run of his own. | 打出自己的全垒打 |
[18:57] | Leonard? | 连诺…… |
[18:59] | What are you doing here? | 你为何在这里? |
[19:01] | I got locked out. | 我进不了家 |
[19:03] | Your mother told me she was going on morning shift. | 你妈说她今早值早班 |
[19:05] | She did. I think maybe that she’s at Ronnie’s house. | 是的,她可能在郎尼的家 |
[19:09] | – Who’s Ronnie? – Dude that’s been staying over. | 谁是朗尼? 那个在我家过夜的人 |
[19:17] | Thought your sister was seeing some guy named Benjamin? | 还以为你妹妹跟叫班哲的人拍拖 |
[19:20] | Well, that’s the problem. You never know. | 那正是问题,你怎么也猜不到 |
[19:22] | Woman’s 45, acts all 15. | 45岁的女人竟像一个15岁的少女 |
[19:24] | I ran a check on Eddie Mason, long sheet. Bad guy. | 我查过万艾迪 有很多案底,一个大坏蛋 |
[19:28] | – Still alive? – Nope. | 他仍在生吗? |
[19:30] | Dead doer. That never does it for me. | 不 凶手死了,真不爽 |
[19:33] | Well you should think about that next time you go reaching for a 60 year old case. | 下次调查有60年历史的悬案时谨记这点了 |
[19:36] | Eddie was charged with bank embezzlement | 佳德遇害后一星期 |
[19:37] | a week after Clyde was killed. | 艾迪被控盗用银行款项 |
[19:39] | So he was out and about on the night of the murder? | 案发当晚他有机会下手 |
[19:41] | Figure out who his lady was? | 查到他的女朋友是谁吗? |
[19:42] | Seems that Eddie had a thing for show girls. | 艾迪对表演女郎特别钟情 |
[19:45] | Then he’s not such a bad guy after all. | 或许他也不太坏 |
[19:46] | Eddie prefered more legitimate dance. | 艾迪喜欢跳舞 |
[19:49] | He was a regular at Papa Belle’s review. | 他常到贝尔爸爸舞蹈团 |
[19:51] | Home to old-school Philly’s version of the Rockettes. | 那等于费城的旧踢踏舞蹈团 |
[19:53] | So maybe Legs was one of them? | 或许“美腿”是舞蹈员 |
[19:56] | Lil’s got Joe Crumbly looking through old publicity shots from Papa Belle’s. | 丽妮正让祖儿看舞蹈团的照片 |
[20:02] | – Hey, Leonard. – What? | 连诺 |
[20:04] | Wanna show you something. See that guy back there? | 什么事? 我想给你看些东西 看到那家伙吗? |
[20:09] | Yeah. He’s old looking. | 看到,他很老 |
[20:13] | – He knew Clyde Taylor. – He did? | 他认识泰佳德 是吗? |
[20:16] | – They were best friends. – Wow. | 他们是好朋友 |
[20:20] | Me and Clyde were tight. | 我和佳德很要好 |
[20:22] | But I guess if he was drawn to a white girl, | 若他迷上白人女子 |
[20:25] | he’d keep mum about it. | 一定不会告诉我 |
[20:27] | But you do remember a white girl hanging around? | 但你记得曾有白人女人常出没? |
[20:29] | At practice, a time or two. | 练球时见过一、两次 |
[20:31] | But none of these gals ring a bell. | 但都不是这些女子 |
[20:35] | My box of doodads are good for nothing, huh? | 我那盒东西没有好东西? |
[20:38] | Ah, this is something. | 这个很棒 |
[20:40] | One of my most prized possessions. | 我最珍贵的收藏之一 |
[20:42] | Not too hard to tell which one’s me. | 很容易看到哪个是我 |
[20:46] | Nice. / Nice? Miss doesn’t know who I’m standing along side. | 不错 不错? 她不晓得我身边的人是谁 |
[20:53] | That’s you, Clyde, Jackie Robinson, Josh Gibson and Satchel Paige. | 那是你、佳德 罗宾逊、杰逊和佩治 |
[21:01] | Puny me and four giants of baseball. | 我和四个伟大棒球员 |
[21:04] | So, what’s the deal with ball players and tobacco? | 球员跟烟草有什么关系? |
[21:08] | Every one of you guys except Clyde has a big wad of gunk in your mouth. | 除了佳德,所有人都咬着烟草 |
[21:12] | Clyde likes Bazooka Joe, | 佳德喜欢火箭炮乔 |
[21:14] | but most players did enjoy dipping. | 但大多球员则喜欢咬烟草 |
[21:18] | Clyde had a tobacco stain on his uniform. | 佳德的球衣上有烟草迹 |
[21:20] | Kinda odd if he didn’t chew. | 若他不咬烟草,那就奇怪了 |
[21:23] | Let’s dig out that uniform, | 快找出那球衣,化验烟草迹 |
[21:24] | run the stain and then do a DNA dragnet on all of our old-timers. | 再化验所有球员的基因 |
[21:28] | Boss, found three ladies still in the area that worked at Papa Belle’s. | 头子,找到三个 曾替舞蹈团工作仍在生的女士 |
[21:33] | Their old publicity shots. | 这些是她们的旧照片 |
[21:37] | Could one of these be her? | 其中一个是她吗? |
[21:40] | Jeepers! Surprised I remember so well. | 天啊,想不到我记得这么清楚 |
[21:44] | That’s Legs. | 那就是“美腿” |
[21:46] | Her name’s Esther Davis. Lives on the Main Line. | 戴爱诗,住在主线区 |
[21:49] | – Say, hey young fella. – Hey. | 小子,你好 你好 |
[22:03] | Ginger Rogers, that’s who I wanted to be. | 珍妮罗杰斯 我梦想能成为她 |
[22:07] | I was 19, new in town. | 当时我19岁,初来报到 |
[22:10] | Papa Belle’s was the place to be. | 贝尔爸爸舞蹈团是理想的落脚地 |
[22:12] | And that’s where you met Eddie Mason? | 你在那里结识到万艾迪? |
[22:14] | After the show, | 表演后他叫我到他的桌子共膳 |
[22:15] | he asked me to dine at his table. | |
[22:18] | And how’d you meet Clyde? | 你怎么认识佳德? |
[22:19] | Eddie and his cronies wanted to swing by the ball field, watch some practice. | 艾迪和朋友常到球场打球 看球员练习 |
[22:23] | While they were yackety-yakking, I went to find some shade. | 他们打球时,我去阴凉处乘凉 |
[22:27] | – And there he was? – By a drinking fountain. | 所以你碰到他? 在喝水器旁 |
[22:31] | This gorgeous man trying to cool off. | 这漂亮的男子想凉快一下 |
[22:34] | We hardly said boo to one another but must have stood there a good 5 minutes. | 我们连打招呼也没有 呆站了约5分钟 |
[22:40] | It was storybook, it really was. | 那就像童话故事一样 |
[22:43] | Yeah, but now you had two big problems. / Yes. | 对,但你们有两个问题 是 |
[22:46] | One, what to do about Eddie. | 第一,怎么面对艾迪 |
[22:48] | And two, falling in love when it was still 1945. | 第二,在1945年跟黑人谈恋爱 |
[22:52] | Did Eddie know about you and Clyde? | 艾迪知道你跟佳德的事吗? |
[22:55] | Even if he did he didn’t kill him. | 就算他知道,他也没有杀佳德 |
[22:58] | Eddie was in Miami Beach that weekend, scheming away. | 那周末艾迪在迈阿密工作 |
[23:01] | So, him being gone, | 他不在,佳德遇害当天你一定跟他在一起 |
[23:03] | you must’ve been with Clyde that last day? | |
[23:05] | I went to the game and met him afterwards at the water fountain. | 我去了看球赛,之后跟他见面 |
[23:10] | Like always. | 一如既往,在喷泉旁 感觉如何? |
[23:15] | Feels like every other game when your name is Satchel Paige. | 当你是佩治,就没有什么特别了 |
[23:24] | Clyde, what is it? What’s wrong? | 佳德,怎么了? |
[23:25] | – Dandridge knows about us. – Oh, no. | 邓知道我们的事 |
[23:27] | Says I have to play for him forever, always, | 不好了 他说我要永远替他打球 |
[23:31] | or he’s gonna tell about us. | 不然他就揭发我们 |
[23:32] | But if you do play for him, he’ll keep his mouth shut. | 若你替他打球,他就保守秘密? |
[23:35] | But then I have to give up any chance of ever playing in the majors. | 但我就要放弃晋身大联盟了 |
[23:38] | – So? | – So? – 那又如何? – 又如何? |
[23:40] | Why is that so important? | 为何大联盟这么重要? |
[23:42] | Because, if a colored ball player can show he’s as good as a white player in the most American game there is. | 若黑人球员在美国赛事中 证明他跟白人一样棒 |
[23:48] | People with skin like mine won’t be up at night praying he could scratch the color away | 那黑人孩子就不会祈求肤色不同 |
[23:51] | so he can be normal. | 以便做一个正常人 |
[23:53] | Honey, the world you’re dreaming of is a long, long way off from now. | 甜心,你梦想的世界仍很遥远 |
[23:57] | Gotta start somewhere. | 人总要努力实现梦想 |
[23:59] | Clyde, don’t try to be a pioneer. | 别尝试做先驱 |
[24:02] | It’s best to just keep your head down. | 还是保持低调把 |
[24:05] | Maybe the answer is for you to lift your head up. | 或许是你应该面对现实 |
[24:09] | Hey, man of the hour, the world is waiting for you. | 大红人,大家都在等你 |
[24:15] | Oh, Clyde. | 佳德 |
[24:17] | Dad, look, there he is. | 爸爸,看,他在这里 |
[24:24] | Go out front, baby. | 宝贝,从前面离开 |
[24:31] | So Troy and his father were still there, | 开记招时蔡尔和他爸爸仍在? |
[24:33] | during the press conference? / Yes. | 是的 |
[24:35] | Did they say anything else? Make any threat on Clyde? | 他们可有威胁佳德? |
[24:38] | No. The father never spoke, | 没有,那父亲一句话都没说 |
[24:41] | just stood there so menacingly. | 只是很凶地站在那里 |
[24:44] | I think that was more frightening than had he said something. | 那比他说话更可怕 |
[25:00] | If you weren’t such a looker, | 若你没有这么漂亮 |
[25:02] | I’d be losing my patience right about now. | 我现在一定失去耐性 |
[25:04] | If you didn’t lie about your dad, we wouldn’t be here. | 若你没就你爸爸的事说谎 我们也不用在这里 |
[25:06] | I never lied. What’d you do with the Spaniard? | 我从没有说谎,那西班牙人呢? |
[25:09] | Detective Jeffries, Troy. | 我是谢探员,蔡尔 |
[25:11] | Heard some flattering things about you. | 我听到一些恭维你的话 |
[25:13] | The way I see it, you’ve been a good boy and a bad boy. | 依我看,你是好孩子兼坏孩子 |
[25:16] | Good because you told me about Clyde teaching civlity | 好是你说佳德教你礼貌 |
[25:18] | and how your bratty butt ran off to tell daddy. | 及你怎么跑去跟爸爸投诉 |
[25:20] | But bad because you left out the part where you and daddy doubled back for Clyde. | 坏的是你没有提你和爸爸 一起去找佳德晦气 |
[25:29] | OK, we doubled back. | 好,我们是去了找佳德 |
[25:32] | Keep going. | 继续说 |
[25:35] | When I told him about the autograph deal, | 我告诉他我拿签名的事 |
[25:37] | that was the last straw. | 那是一个后着,说他不容许这样 |
[25:39] | He said he wouldn’t let that stand. | |
[25:51] | Nice bat. | 好球棒 |
[25:54] | Not real fair, sneakin’ up on a man. | 偷偷接近别人很不光明磊落 |
[25:57] | My son told me what you did. | 我儿子告诉我你做了什么 |
[26:01] | I’m here to tell you I’m embarassed. | 我是来跟你说我很不好意思 |
[26:09] | – He’s a kid. – I’m talking about me. | – 他只是一个孩子 – 我是指我自己 |
[26:12] | The names I used on you, during the game. / Oh. | 我在球赛期间辱骂你 |
[26:19] | Your first at bat, I could tell you were special. | 看到你第一下击球就知你很特别 |
[26:22] | Second at bat, I could tell you were the best hitter I’d ever faced. | 第二下就知道你是我见过最出色的击球手 |
[26:27] | After that I threw you the hardest ball I’d ever thrown. | 然后我给你投最难接的球 |
[26:31] | You cleaned my clock. | 你击中了 |
[26:33] | Don’t feel good, but now I know. | 我不开心,但现在我明白了 |
[26:48] | – Thank you. – Daddy, come on. Can we go yet? | 谢谢 爸爸,我们能走了吗? |
[26:52] | Troy, come here. | 蔡尔,过来 |
[26:57] | I want you to say you’re sorry to Mr. Taylor. / No. | 我要你跟泰先生道歉 不要 |
[27:01] | Get that tobacco out of your mouth. | 快咬掉那烟草 |
[27:04] | But daddy, you saw the jig had his mitts on that white lady. | 爸爸,你也看到他拥抱白人女子 |
[27:10] | Don’t judge a book by its cover. Ya understand? | 别以貌取人,明白吗? |
[27:15] | So I said sorry. Had to. | 于是我迫不得已地向他道歉 |
[27:18] | That was real tobacco in your mouth? | 你口里的是真烟草? |
[27:20] | Used to do whatever my dad did. | 我经常模仿爸爸 |
[27:23] | That might explain the stain on Clyde’s jersey. | 那说明佳德球衣上为何有烟草迹 |
[27:25] | DNA won’t help if the tobacco was Troy’s. | 若烟草是蔡尔吐出来的 基因也帮不上忙 |
[27:28] | Now can we call this meeting, please? | 你们审问完了吗? |
[27:30] | Yeah, OK Troy. | 好吧,蔡尔 |
[27:32] | At least your dad taught you a lesson. | 至少令尊给了你一个教训 |
[27:34] | Not really. I’m still not real big on spooks. | 不尽然,我对黑人仍没好感 |
[27:37] | So don’t judge a book by its cover didn’t even dent your knuckle head? | 你还没学会不要以貌取人的道理 |
[27:40] | That part was about the girl so that got through just fine. | 指的是那女的,我没有异议 |
[27:43] | How was that about the girl? | 跟那女生有何关系? |
[27:45] | Well Dad recognized the lady. | 爸爸认得她 |
[27:46] | She’s from the same town down south where he grew up. | 她是爸爸在南部的同乡 |
[27:49] | What are you getting at, Troy? | 你想说什么? |
[27:50] | The white lady. | 那白人女子其实不是白人 |
[27:52] | She wasn’t really white. She was black. | 她是黑人来的 |
[28:07] | Does your husband know, Esther? | 爱诗,你丈夫知道吗? |
[28:08] | – Know what? – You’re black. | 知道什么? 你是黑人 |
[28:16] | – No. He doesn’t. – But Clyde did. | 不,他不知道 但佳德知道 |
[28:19] | Yes, he was the only one. | 是,只有他知道 |
[28:21] | Is that why he had to die? | 所以他要死? |
[28:23] | What do you mean? | 此话何解? |
[28:25] | Your secret was so important to you. | 这秘密对你很重要 |
[28:27] | You have a whole lifetime as a white woman that tells just how important. | 装作白人女子令你明白那有多重要 |
[28:36] | I came here from Macon , Georgia. | 我来自乔治亚洲 |
[28:40] | I had two sisters, Dorothy and Ruby, we were dirt poor. | 有两个姐妹桃莉和露比我们穷得很 |
[28:43] | – How did you end up here? – We were living in Squalor. | 你怎会来到这里? 我们生活穷困 |
[28:47] | Auntie said I had the lightest skin, | 婶婶说我的肤色最浅 |
[28:50] | I could make a real living like a white person. | 我能装成白人那样生活 |
[28:53] | And then once here | 来到后你成功掩人耳目加入舞蹈团 |
[28:55] | you were able to pass and got on at Papa Belle’s. | |
[28:57] | I had some dreams of my own. | 我也有梦想 |
[28:59] | But maybe Clyde asked you to live colored. | 但佳德叫你表露黑人身份 |
[29:02] | Was going to out you. | 会害你失去一切 |
[29:04] | You did ask him to keep his head down. | 你叫他保持低调 |
[29:07] | And Clyde thought the answer was for you to lift your head up. | 佳德觉得你应该面对现实 |
[29:10] | But you wanted your dream so you stopped him from living his. | 你想实现梦想于是阻止他实现他的 |
[29:13] | No. But I could see the only way for us | 不,我们能各取所需的方法 |
[29:18] | to both get what we wanted was to go out seperate ways. | 就是分道扬镳 |
[29:21] | That’s not what you said before. | 但早前你不是这么说的 |
[29:24] | You wanted Clyde to forget about the majors. | 你要佳德忘掉大联盟 |
[29:27] | But then someone changed my mind. | 后来有人令我改变主意 |
[29:31] | Esther. | 爱诗 |
[29:32] | Who’s there? | 是谁? |
[29:34] | It’s me, Crumbs. Were you crying? | 是我,小克 你为何哭了? |
[29:39] | I’m just scared for Clyde. | 我替佳德担心 |
[29:41] | He’s butting head with Dandridge and he might get hurt. | 他要跟邓冲突,他可能会受伤 |
[29:44] | Yeah. Yeah, I’m scared too. But because you know, | 是,我也担心这个 |
[29:50] | I think Clyde might hurt himself. | 但我觉得佳德已伤害自己了 |
[29:52] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[29:55] | He told me about Dandridge. | 他跟我说了邓的事 |
[29:58] | And about how the majors are no longer even a dream. | 他说大联盟不再是他的梦想 |
[30:02] | – Clyde said that? – Yeah, just now. | 佳德这么说? |
[30:05] | Cause he’s chosen you. – Oh. – Yeah. | 现在是的,因为他选择了你 |
[30:10] | – You seem pretty happy about it. – Yes. I should go. | 你看来很高兴 是的 我要走了 |
[30:16] | – Esther, wait! – Ow! / Sorry. | 等等 对不起 |
[30:18] | It’s just, I’ve never seen him so down. | 我从没见过他这么沮丧 |
[30:23] | – I sure wish you’d think about that. – Think about it? | 我希望你好好想一下 想什么? |
[30:27] | – Look, just scram OK? – What? | 你走吧 |
[30:28] | Just go. Take your good foot outta here. | – 什么? – 快离开他 快离开这地方 |
[30:31] | Go to some dance hall in New York | 到纽约的舞厅表演 |
[30:32] | or somewhere. That’s for you. Give Clyde his chance. | 那是你的梦想 让佳德实现他的 |
[30:37] | No. It’s complicated what’s going on between us. | 不,我们之间的事很复杂 |
[30:40] | It’s not something you’d understand. | 你不会明白的 |
[30:41] | – You think I’m stupid? – No. | – 你觉得我很笨吗? – 不 |
[30:43] | Sweetheart, I know a hell of a lot more about one thing | 甜心,我比你认识的人知道更多 |
[30:46] | than anybody you could round up. | |
[30:48] | I know that if you leave Clyde alone, | 你离开佳德,邓就无法威胁他 |
[30:49] | Dandridge won’t have anything to hold over him. | |
[30:52] | He’ll be free | 他能轻易跟贝比鲁斯交换位置 |
[30:53] | to swap places with Babe Ruth and be the best player alive. | 当上史上最伟大的球员 |
[30:56] | That’s a fact. | 那是一个事实 |
[31:00] | But only if you leave. | 但你要离开 |
[31:02] | Then why doesn’t Clyde tell me this? | 为何佳德不亲口跟我说? |
[31:05] | Oh, come on, he’s a prince. | 他人很好 |
[31:07] | He’d never tell you to your face. | 不忍心当面告诉你 |
[31:10] | Please, I’m begging you. Leave us alone. | 我求你离开我们 |
[31:23] | So Crumbs knew all about the two of you? | 小克知道你们的事 |
[31:28] | Clyde made sure of that early on. | 佳德一早便告诉他 |
[31:30] | Told me I had to pass muster with the greatest club-house manager in baseball | 说我要通过棒球界 最伟大球会经理的检阅 |
[31:34] | or I was out. | 不然我就要离开 |
[31:45] | Okey, dokey, next, who was the first African-American to play in the major leagues? | 好,下一题 谁是首个参加大联盟赛事的 美籍黑人球员? |
[31:51] | Jackie Robinson. | 罗宾逊 |
[31:53] | Wrong, Fleet Walker. | 错,是华卡 |
[31:55] | He played back in 1884. | 他于1884年出赛 |
[31:59] | DNA came in Joe. | 祖儿,基因化验有结果了 |
[32:01] | We thought you might be wondering. | 你或许很想知道结果 |
[32:04] | You’re sweating. | 你在冒汗啊 |
[32:09] | Crumbs, tell another one about Clyde. | 小克,再说佳德的事 |
[32:13] | Sorry kiddo, don’t know if I have another. | 对不起,我没有什么好说了 |
[32:16] | I heard Clyde had a special bat he liked to use. | 听说佳德有一根很特别的球棒 |
[32:19] | I used to hold it for him. | 我从前常替他拿着 |
[32:20] | You know, he use it on the day he was killed? | 不,遇害当天他就用那球棒? |
[32:23] | The one he hit the home run with. | 用来打出全垒打 |
[32:26] | So, tell us about that one, Crumbs. | 小克,告诉我们 |
[32:29] | What d’you say, huh? | 好吗? |
[32:35] | One day, Clyde handed me a bat | 有天佳德给我一根球棒 |
[32:39] | and told me to always have it on hand. | 叫我时刻都要带着 |
[32:42] | Said he only used this bat when he really needed it. | 说他有需要时才会用上 |
[32:46] | Like when terrible pressure comes creeping up your neck. | 如面对重大压力时 |
[32:49] | What made that bat so special? | 那球棒有什么特别? |
[32:53] | Said, because he hit more grounders with it | 他说用那个击中最多滚地球 |
[32:57] | than any other bat he ever used. | |
[32:59] | Grounders? But those are lame. | 滚地球?那很不济 |
[33:02] | Even so, his last time up, | 即使在最后的赛事 |
[33:04] | that’s the bat he wanted to use. | 他亦很想用那根球棒 |
[33:06] | This old pressure was creeping up, huh? | 他感到很大压力? |
[33:09] | Any man would’ve been shaking in his shoes. | 任何人都会双脚发抖 |
[33:13] | And so you gave him the bat. | 于是你给他那根球棒? |
[33:17] | And he told me he was gonna hit a grounder, | 他说要用来击中滚地球 |
[33:19] | just for me. | 为了我 |
[33:20] | So, there he was, | 他摆好姿势 |
[33:24] | looking at the fastest fastest ball you ever did see. | 盯着那个极快的快球冲来 |
[33:30] | And crack! | 怦 |
[33:33] | It was the home run of home runs. | 那是极著名的全垒打 |
[33:37] | And that grounder he was talking about? | 他说的那个滚地球呢? |
[33:39] | That’s what I asked. | 我也这么问他 |
[33:41] | He said, | 他说:你终有一天就会学懂 |
[33:42] | you’ll learn Crumbs. Someday, you’ll learn. | |
[33:47] | So, if a homer and a grounder means the same thing to you, | 若全垒打和滚地球是同一回事 |
[33:52] | your nerves won’t get to you. | 那就绝不会感到压力 |
[33:55] | So we’d like to see that bat. | 我很想见识一下那球棒 |
[34:04] | Won’t be needing this no more. | 我不再需要这个了 |
[34:22] | Wow. | |
[34:23] | Missing since the night Clyde died. | 泰佳德去世当晚便不见了 |
[34:25] | Yeah, we’ve been looking for that. | 我们一直在找这个 |
[34:27] | Can I hold it? | 能否让我拿着? |
[34:28] | I’d better give it to your uncle. | 还是给你叔叔好了 |
[34:30] | Come on Leonard, let’s take a look at this. | 来,连诺,看看这个 |
[34:35] | Hey, thank Joe for the nice time. | 谢谢祖儿陪你这么久 |
[34:39] | – Thanks, Crumbs. – When you get older Leonard, | 谢谢,小克 连诺,你长大后 |
[34:42] | do me one thing, would ya? | 替我做一件事,行吗? |
[34:46] | Don’t remember what that bat did to Clyde. | 别记住那球棒对佳德做了什么事 |
[34:51] | Remembr what Clyde did with that bat. | 记住佳德用那球棒做了什么就行 |
[34:59] | Wanna sit? | 要坐下吗? |
[35:18] | There he is! | 原来你在这里 |
[35:21] | Crumbs. | 小克 |
[35:22] | Mr. Major Leagues, here we come. | 大联盟先生来了 |
[35:27] | You can forget about that one. | 你可以忘记那件事了 |
[35:29] | Never gonna happen with Esther around. | 有爱诗在,我不会晋身大联盟 |
[35:31] | Oh, yeah, that’s the thing. I fixed it. | 对,那件事,我办妥了 |
[35:37] | What d’ya mean? | 什么意思? |
[35:38] | Esther. Yeah, she’s, she’s gonna go away. / What? | 爱诗,她会离开 |
[35:42] | I know it’s gonna hurt up front, but yeah, it’s for the better. | 什么? 我知道你一开始会很伤心 但这样对大家都好 |
[35:46] | – Got her packing. – Packing? | 我叫她离开 离开? |
[35:51] | – Who do you think you are? – What? | 你以为你是谁? |
[35:52] | Telling Esther to break it off with me? | – 什么? – 叫爱诗跟我分手? |
[35:55] | Can’t believe you did this to me. | 想不到你竟然这样对我 |
[35:57] | No, I was trying to help you. | 不,我只想帮你,你会明白的 |
[35:59] | You’ll see. | |
[36:05] | Clyde! Your bat! | 佳德,你的球棒 |
[36:08] | Keep it. Forever. | 你留着吧,永远 |
[36:10] | But this bat’s gonna be in the Hall of Fame one day. | 有一天这球棒会登入名人堂 |
[36:13] | It’s only a game. | 这只是比赛 |
[36:15] | Hit a ball and run around bags. Fun. But for kids. | 击中球然后跑垒,很好玩 但这是小孩的玩意 |
[36:19] | A man has a life to live. | 男人应该有别的生活 |
[36:22] | Stupid broad. | 笨蛋 |
[36:26] | What did you say? | 你说什么? |
[36:29] | That’s what always stops the great ones. | 爱情总让伟人得到成功 |
[36:31] | – Don’t let her stop you. – She’s in my soul. | 别让她阻止你 她是我的至爱 |
[36:33] | Oh, cripes! | 天啊,女人罢了 |
[36:34] | A floozy with a great pair of gams? | |
[36:37] | Big deal! | |
[36:41] | You’ve been my friend Crumbs. | 你一直是我的朋友 |
[36:44] | I’ll always remember that. | 我会记住这一点 |
[36:47] | But you make this game make your life so small. | 但你让棒球占据了所有生命 |
[36:52] | – Now I can’t even see you. – Oh, yeah? | 你迷失自己了 |
[36:54] | You got any idea what you’re thowing away? Huh? | 知否你在断送什么? |
[36:58] | What some men would do to be in your shoes? | 许多人想象你那样挥挥球棒 |
[37:01] | To get just one swing? | |
[37:04] | Hey! Are you listening? | 你有在听吗? |
[37:06] | Hey, slow up! Clyde, stop! / No. | 站住 – 佳德,停下 – 不 |
[37:10] | OK, OK, say idiot, say something! | 好吧,说说话 |
[37:15] | Clyde! What about our future, huh? | 我们的未来呢? |
[37:18] | My future? Stop the walking! | 我的未来,站住 |
[37:21] | You’re not going anywhere! | 你哪里都不能去,我会阻止你 |
[37:23] | Stop! Just stop! Clyde! | 停下来…… |
[37:31] | Oh God, oh God. | 不要…… |
[37:36] | No, Clyde! | 不,佳德,别死 |
[37:38] | Don’t go! | |
[37:43] | Please don’t go, please. Please. | 佳德,求你不要走,求求你 |
[37:57] | * Gonna take a Sentimental Journey, * | |
[38:03] | * Gonna set my heart at ease. * | |
[38:10] | * Gonna make a Sentimental Journey, * | |
[38:16] | * to renew old memories. * | |
[38:23] | * I’ve got my bags, got my reservations, * | |
[38:29] | * Spent each dime I could afford. * | |
[38:36] | * Like a child in wild anticipation, * | |
[38:43] | * I Long to hear that, “All aboard!” * | |
[38:49] | * Seven… * | |
[38:52] | * that’s the time we leave at seven. * | |
[38:58] | * I’ll be waitin’ up for heaven, * | |
[39:05] | * Countin’ every mile of railroad * | |
[39:11] | * track, that takes me back. * | |
[39:15] | * I never thought my heart could be so yearny. * | |
[39:22] | * Why did I decide to roam? * | |
[39:28] | * I gotta take that Sentimental Journey, * | |
[39:35] | * Sentimental Journey home. * | |
[39:54] | * I gotta take that Sentimental Journey, * | |
[40:00] | * Sentimental Journey home. * | |
[40:08] | * Sentimental Journey. * |