时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Well. To boys. | 敬在座的男士们 |
[00:05] | Here’s to buying cheap and selling dear. | 这杯敬 低购高售 |
[00:10] | Selling? | 出售 |
[00:12] | I sold our positions in Navrax right before the plummet. | 暴跌前 我出售了我们在纳威雷克斯的股份 |
[00:16] | – Why didn’t you tell us? – Couldn’t risk the leak. | -为什么没告诉我们 -不能走漏风声 |
[00:18] | Timing is everything. | 时机决定一切 |
[00:19] | Had to get out before the lemmings. | 要抢在其他投资者之前 |
[00:21] | There he is. The Kipster. | 他来了 奇普斯特 |
[00:24] | – We have a problem. – What now, kiddo? | -我们有麻烦 -现在吗 小子 |
[00:26] | – We’re celebrating. – It’s important. | -我们在庆祝 -很重要的事 |
[00:27] | Everything’s important to you, Kip. | 对你来说没有不重要的事 奇普 |
[00:29] | And nothing is important to you. | 对你来说什么都不重要 |
[00:32] | The mouse roars. | 老鼠在咆哮 |
[00:33] | People are losing their shirts on Navrax. | 人们因为纳威雷克斯而输成光屁股了 |
[00:35] | Well, I got my shirt. | 我还有我的衣服 |
[00:37] | Ascot Chang, it’s tailor-made. | 诗阁的 定制的 |
[00:39] | Please, Charlie. | 拜托了 查理 |
[00:41] | – We have to talk. – All right, all right. | -我们得谈谈 -好吧 好吧 |
[00:43] | Sit down. Take a load off. | 坐 放轻松 |
[00:48] | Keep ’em coming, Vicky. | 酒别停 维姬 |
[00:49] | Yes, sir, Mr. Danville. | 好的 丹维尔先生 |
[00:55] | Nice tail on that one. | 她穿的燕尾服真好看 |
[01:02] | To lives of quiet desperation and not leading them. | 敬在安静绝望中的人们 以及不用与之共享 |
[01:27] | H85-147 | 查尔斯·丹维尔 |
[01:45] | Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你赶过来 |
[01:47] | You could’ve just cancelled over the phone. | 你可以直接在电话里取消约会的 |
[01:49] | Cancel? And miss the chance of seeing Tripod and Cyclops? | 取消 错过见到崔普德和独眼巨人的机会 |
[01:52] | Who says you’re gonna see them? | 谁说你要见他们的 |
[01:55] | I’m an optimist. | 我是乐观主义者 |
[01:57] | So, um, this guy is a friend of my older brother’s, Randy Price. | 这家伙是我哥的朋友 兰迪·普赖斯 |
[02:01] | Got in the jam with the SEC, FBI. | 搅合进联邦调查局证券交易委员会调查中 |
[02:04] | Enron type scandal. Now he wants to cut a deal. | 安然案型的丑闻 现在他想谈协议 |
[02:04] | 安然公司在全世界声名大噪是因为该公司2002年在几周内破产 以及持续多年精心策划 乃至制度化系统化的财务造假丑闻 | |
[02:06] | He’s got something on the homicide? | 有凶杀案的线索吗 |
[02:08] | Charles Danville, 1985. | 查尔斯·丹维尔 1985年 |
[02:09] | – Never heard of him. – Big financial wizard back in the day. | -从没听说过 -当时的金融奇才 |
[02:13] | Now Randy is in danger of going the way of Martha Stewart. | 现在兰迪正要重蹈玛莎·斯图尔特的覆辙 |
[02:17] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[02:21] | Get your feet off my desk and your ass out of my chair, Randy. | 脚放下 从我椅子上滚开 兰迪 |
[02:26] | Geez, Kite. | 天啊 凯特 |
[02:29] | Is that any way to treat an old pal? | 这是对待老朋友的方式吗 |
[02:30] | Detective Rush, Randy Price. | 这位是拉什探员 这是兰迪·普赖斯 |
[02:34] | You’re a homicide detective? | 你是凶案组探员 |
[02:37] | I gotta start committing some real crimes. | 我要爆料真正的罪行 |
[02:39] | Enough of this white collar crap. | 这个坐办公室的警察可帮不上忙 |
[02:41] | You got something you wanna tell me, Randy? | 有什么要说的吗 兰迪 |
[02:46] | I’ve got something amazing. | 我有猛料 |
[02:48] | I know who killed Charles Danville. | 我知道谁杀了查尔斯·丹维尔 |
[02:53] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[02:54] | You don’t wanna solve the murder | 你如果不想破市场街上 |
[02:56] | of one of the biggest names on Market Street, | 大人物的谋杀案 |
[02:58] | I can take this info elsewhere. | 我可以把信息提供给其他人 |
[02:59] | Door’s that way. | 那你可以走了 |
[03:00] | You told me this lady was top notch, Kite. | 你说这位女士是最棒的 凯特 |
[03:02] | She is. | 的确是 |
[03:06] | Look, detective. | 听着 探员 |
[03:08] | Before all this unpleasantness with SEC occurred, | 在证交会找我麻烦前 |
[03:11] | I was senior vice president of mergers and aquisitions. | 我是兼并收购部的资深副总裁 |
[03:13] | I’m really busy, Randy. | 别绕弯子了 兰迪 |
[03:18] | Two weeks before Danville was killed, | 丹维尔遇害前两周 |
[03:21] | I was in the john of this hotel. | 我在一家旅馆的厕所里 |
[03:28] | Son of a bitch, you lost it all. | 狗娘养的 你把我的钱都赔了 |
[03:30] | – Do I know you? – Stu Livermore. | -我认识你吗 -我叫斯图·利弗莫尔 |
[03:31] | I invested 50 grand in Bentech and now look at this. | 我在本奇上投了五万 现在瞧这张纸 |
[03:34] | It’s worthless. | 分文不值 |
[03:35] | You run the dry cleaners. | 你是开干洗店的 |
[03:37] | You begged me to let you invest. | 是你求我让你入股的 |
[03:39] | Because you were supposed to | 因为你应该是个关键人物 |
[03:40] | be the big shot with all the inside information. | 掌握一切内幕 |
[03:42] | Well, did you read the perspectives? | 你看过条款说明吗 |
[03:44] | Because it clearly states the risks involved. | 因为上面明确陈述了投资有风险 |
[03:47] | I need that money back. | 我必须要回我的钱 |
[03:48] | All right, all right. | 好 好 |
[03:50] | Stu, is it? | 斯图 是吗 |
[03:52] | Maybe, just maybe if I pull a few strings, | 也许 只是也许 如果我动用下关系 |
[03:55] | I can get you into Navrax. | 我可以帮你买到纳威雷克斯 |
[03:57] | What’s Navrax? | 纳威雷克斯是什么 |
[03:59] | It’s a sure thing. | 稳赚的买卖 |
[04:00] | You already wiped me out, remember? | 你已经毁了我了 知道吗 |
[04:01] | I don’t have any more money. | 我没钱了 |
[04:03] | You must think I’m really stupid. | 你一定以为我真的很蠢 |
[04:05] | Not stupid, desperate. | 你不蠢 你是绝望 |
[04:06] | And Navrax is your way out. | 纳威雷克斯是你的出路 |
[04:08] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[04:11] | Don’t let me pressure you. | 别有压力 自己考虑 |
[04:12] | You sure about this Navrax? | 纳威雷克斯的消息可靠吗 |
[04:14] | You got a better way out? | 你有更好的出路吗 |
[04:16] | Take it. | 接受吧 |
[04:22] | I got a life insurance policy. It’s worth about 10 grand. | 我有人寿保险 价值一万 |
[04:26] | But I warn you. | 但是我警告你 |
[04:27] | This Navrax bombs, you’re gonna pay with your life. | 要是纳威雷克斯砸了 你要用命还我 |
[04:30] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[04:34] | What happened to Navrax? | 纳威雷克斯后来怎样了 |
[04:36] | It crashed and burned. | 倒闭了 |
[04:38] | Two weeks after Livermore invested. | 就在利弗莫尔投资两周之后 |
[04:40] | Same time Danville got killed. | 丹维尔也是那时被杀的 |
[04:44] | I told you it was good. | 我告诉过你是猛料 |
[04:46] | Well, why didn’t you let the cops know about it back then? | 当时你为什么不告诉警察 |
[04:49] | How would I profit from that? | 那么做我有什么好处 |
[04:50] | I was saving it for a rainy day. | 总得未雨绸缪 |
[04:52] | And now, it’s pouring. | 而现在 正是大雨倾盆之时 |
[05:27] | Theory in ’85 was a car jacking gone wrong. | 85年的推测是劫车升级成了杀人 |
[05:30] | Danville’s body was found in an alley off the Market Street. | 丹维尔的尸体在市场街旁的巷子里被发现的 |
[05:34] | I remember Danville. | 我记得丹维尔 |
[05:35] | He was all over the business section back in the ’80’s. | 80年代时他专攻商业领域 |
[05:38] | His Delorean was found the next day in Ardmore, | 第二天 他的德劳瑞恩车在二十公里外的 |
[05:41] | 20 miles away. | 阿德莫尔被找到 |
[05:42] | Junked and stripped. | 被洗劫一空 报废了 |
[05:44] | Lotta high end cars got jacked in ’85. | 85年许多高端车都被报废了 |
[05:46] | Yeah, they busted a ring of guys | 那时 他们打击了一个 |
[05:48] | for exporting car parts overseas that year. | 走私汽车配件的团伙 |
[05:50] | Details of the theft match up with the M.O. in all the others, | 盗窃细节都与其他案件作案手法吻合 |
[05:53] | except this one left a victim. | 唯独多了一名死者 |
[05:55] | And that pal of Kite’s, Randy Price.. | 凯特的那个朋友 兰迪·普赖斯 |
[05:57] | A ’80’s throw back, | 一个在80年代投机取巧 |
[05:58] | a real Market Street, ‘greed is good’ type. | 在市场街摸爬滚打 贪得无厌的人 |
[06:00] | But he’s got information? | 但是他有线索 |
[06:02] | This story about Livermore waving that gun around | 利弗莫尔摆弄枪的故事 |
[06:03] | is pretty interesting. | 倒是有点噱头 |
[06:05] | Maybe Livermore shot Danville, | 也许利弗莫尔开枪打死了丹维尔 |
[06:06] | took the Delorean to make it look like a car jacking. | 开走德劳瑞恩 伪造成汽车抢劫 |
[06:09] | Scotty and I’ll track down Livermore, | 史考特和我去查利弗莫尔 |
[06:11] | see what he has to say. | 看看他怎么说 |
[06:11] | Want me and Vera to go talk to the last-to-see? | 需要我和维拉去和最后见到他的人谈谈吗 |
[06:13] | – Who was it? – Victoria Jordan, | -是谁 -维多利亚·乔丹 |
[06:16] | bartender at a place called Arbitrage. | 一家叫”套利”的酒吧的女招待 |
[06:18] | I’ve been there with my stockbroker. | 我和我的股票经纪人去过那里 |
[06:20] | You’re in the market, boss? | 你也玩股票吗 老大 |
[06:22] | Half of America is, Lil. | 一半美国人都这样 阿莉 |
[06:24] | Not my half. | 我属于那另一半 |
[06:27] | I’ll give my broker a call, | 我给我股票经纪人打个电话 |
[06:28] | see what he knows about | 看看他知道什么有关 |
[06:30] | Danville and company he used to work for. | 丹维尔和他所在公司的信息 |
[06:40] | Stu Livermore? | 是斯图·利弗莫尔吗 |
[06:42] | Detectives Rush and Valens. | 我是拉什探员 这是瓦伦斯探员 |
[06:44] | Hey, finders keepers. | 谁捡到就归谁 |
[06:46] | It ain’t illegal colllecting discarded tickets. | 收集废弃票据不违法 |
[06:48] | We wanna talk to you about Charles Danville. | 我们想和你谈谈关于查尔斯·丹维尔的事 |
[06:50] | Danville. | 丹维尔 |
[06:51] | That lying huckster ruined my life. | 那个骗子毁了我的人生 |
[06:53] | We heard. | 听说了 |
[06:55] | You’ve been talking to my ex. | 你们和我前妻谈过了 |
[06:57] | She told us where to find you. | 是她让我们来这里找你的 |
[06:59] | You had a run-in with him June, 7th, 1985. | 1985年6月7日 你和他有过口角 |
[07:03] | Swore that if Navrax bombs, you’d kill him. | 威胁说如果纳威雷克斯黄了 你会杀了他 |
[07:05] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[07:07] | What? | 怎么 |
[07:08] | You think I made good on that threat? | 你们认为我真的付诸行动了吗 |
[07:09] | You shoved the gun to his chest. | 你将枪对准了他的胸口 |
[07:10] | Should’ve fired it too. | 也该开枪的 |
[07:12] | But instead I invested another 10 grand with him. | 但我却又投资了一万 |
[07:15] | Two weeks later, that was gone too. | 两周后 那钱也飞了 |
[07:22] | Mr. Livermore? | 利弗莫尔先生 |
[07:24] | Kip Krowley, I’m an associate of Mr. Danville’s. | 我是奇普·克罗利 丹维尔先生的合伙人 |
[07:27] | I don’t want an associate, I want Danville. | 我不需要合伙人 我要见丹维尔 |
[07:30] | Mr. Danville is extremely busy. | 丹维尔先生非常忙 |
[07:33] | Yeah, busy robbing on his people like me. | 是啊 忙着抢劫像我这样的人 |
[07:35] | I went to the headquarters in Navrax Corporation. | 我去了纳威雷克斯公司的总部 |
[07:37] | You know what I found? | 知道我发现了什么吗 |
[07:38] | One.. | 一个 |
[07:40] | One old lady, | 一个老太太 |
[07:41] | in an 8-by-10 office answering the phone. | 在一间8乘10平米的办公室接电话 |
[07:43] | That’s Navrax. | 那就是纳威雷克斯 |
[07:44] | An old lady with a phone. | 一个老太太和一部电话 |
[07:47] | You..You must be mistaken. | 你一定搞错了 |
[07:49] | – No mistake. – Well, I’m sure that there’s an explanation. | -绝对没错 -肯定有合理的解释 |
[07:52] | That money was going to pay for my children’s education. | 那钱是用来支付我孩子上学的费用的 |
[07:55] | My wife’s gonna leave me. | 我老婆会离开我的 |
[08:02] | I’d kill myself, but that wouldn’t do any good. | 我也想自杀 但是那也不能挽回一切 |
[08:04] | I’ve already cashed in on my life insurance. | 我已经兑现了我的人寿保险 |
[08:10] | I’m very sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[08:13] | Please, I’m begging you. | 拜托 我求求你 |
[08:15] | If I don’t get that money back. | 如果我拿不回我的钱 |
[08:17] | Just.. you give me your number, Mr. Livermore, okay? | 给我留个号码 利弗莫尔先生 行吗 |
[08:19] | I personally gurantee | 我个人向你保证 |
[08:20] | Mr. Danville will look into this and call you. | 丹维尔先生一定会调查 然后联系你 |
[08:23] | – When? – End of the day. | -什么时候 -今晚 |
[08:25] | Tomorrow morning at the latest. | 最晚明天早上 |
[08:27] | I give you my word. | 我向你保证 |
[08:34] | I was sitting by the phone all that day like a chump | 那天我一直守在电话机旁 像个傻瓜一样 |
[08:37] | waiting for that kid to come through. | 等着那个孩子打过来 |
[08:40] | I got the brush-off. I finally went to bed. | 他根本没打来 最终我睡觉去了 |
[08:43] | And I saw the story on the morning news. | 然后在早新闻上看到了报道 |
[08:45] | But you never got your money back? | 但是你没能要回你的钱 |
[08:48] | Guess I could’ve hired a lawyer, try to sue. | 我该请律师去起诉的 |
[08:49] | You know, if I had a cent to my name. | 如果我身上还有钱的话 |
[08:52] | But I didn’t. | 关键是我身无分文 |
[08:55] | Still don’t. | 现在也是 |
[09:01] | You were the last person to see Charles Danville alive? | 你是查尔斯·丹维尔生前最后一个见到他的人 |
[09:04] | Yeah, around two a.m. | 是的 凌晨两点左右 |
[09:06] | Saw him walk out that door like every night. | 看着他像往常一样走出那扇门 |
[09:08] | Anyone with him? | 有人和他一起吗 |
[09:09] | Nope. Lost Boys left earlier. | 没有 粉丝小弟们走得早点 |
[09:12] | – Lost Boys? – Yeah. | -粉丝小弟们 -对 |
[09:15] | Danville had a group of young boys that worshipped him. | 丹维尔有一群年轻的崇拜者 |
[09:17] | Fed his ego. | 满足他的虚荣心 |
[09:18] | From Collins Brothers, the firm where he worked? | 都是他公司”柯林斯兄弟”的人 |
[09:20] | They wished. | 他们也想是 |
[09:21] | Danville’s boys weren’t Ivy League. | 丹维尔的追随者都不是常青藤的料 |
[09:23] | They were wannabes, on the outside looking in. | 他们只有眼巴巴羡慕的份 |
[09:26] | Until Danville took pity on them about a month before he died. | 丹维尔死前一个月左右才同情他们 |
[09:30] | He had met them before? | 他之前见过他们 |
[09:32] | No, not that I knew of at least. | 没有 至少我认为没有 |
[09:34] | But he got real friendly, real fast. | 但是他很快就和他们打成一片 |
[09:42] | Wonder when I’ll ever be those boys. | 什么时候我也能成为他们其中一员就好了 |
[09:44] | Yeah. Galaxy far far away. | 比银河还远 |
[09:47] | Go get some stock tips. | 去偷听些股票情报 |
[09:51] | Holy crap, that is Charles Danville. | 见鬼了 那是查尔斯·丹维尔 |
[09:55] | He’s.. he’s coming our way. | 他…他正在走过来 |
[09:57] | Be cool. | 冷静点 |
[10:01] | Mr. Danville. | 丹维尔先生 |
[10:03] | Can we buy you a drink? | 我们能请你喝一杯吗 |
[10:05] | You guys from Blaine? | 你们是布莱恩来的 |
[10:07] | Yeah, but how could you tell? | 是的 你怎么知道 |
[10:09] | Well, to start, you’re dressed like used car salesmen, | 首先 你们穿得像汽车销售员 |
[10:12] | you’re at the bar, because you can only afford an appetizer | 坐在吧台 因为你们只能买得起开胃饮料 |
[10:16] | and you’re gawking at the swells like they’re different species. | 你们呆视着名人 好像他们不是普通人 |
[10:21] | Which they are. | 当然他们的确与众不同 |
[10:24] | Except for me. | 除了我 |
[10:26] | I used to work in a sweat shop just like Blaine back in the day. | 以前我也曾在布莱恩这样的血汗工厂工作过 |
[10:29] | Cold calling chumps for ten dollar commissions. | 为了十块钱佣金争揽贷款业务的傻瓜们 |
[10:31] | So how did you get to where you are? | 那你怎么获得现在的地位呢 |
[10:33] | Cajones. | 胆量 |
[10:35] | Big brass ones. | 雄心豹子胆 |
[10:38] | You guys got ’em? | 你们有吗 |
[10:39] | – Yeah, we got going it. – Yeah. | -有 我们有的 -没错 |
[10:41] | Good. Cause if you’re hungry, | 很好 因为如果你们如饥似渴 |
[10:44] | maybe I can help you out. | 也许我能帮你们一把 |
[10:45] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[10:47] | I’m putting together a bond offering for a company called Navrax. | 我正在为一家叫纳威雷克斯的公司集资 |
[10:51] | You know Navrax? | 你们知道纳威雷克斯吗 |
[10:54] | Yeah, of course. | 知道 当然知道 |
[10:55] | Navrax is awesome. | 纳威雷克斯很厉害 |
[10:57] | You’re crappy liars. | 谎话都说不像样 |
[10:59] | But you’ll get better. | 但你们会有进步的 |
[11:00] | Stick with me, | 跟着我 |
[11:01] | I’ll teach you how to sell snow to Eskimos. | 我会教你们如何把雪球买给爱斯基摩人 |
[11:04] | You’ll be millionaires by the end of summer. | 这个夏末你们就会成为百万富翁了 |
[11:06] | Interested? | 有兴趣吗 |
[11:13] | Why would a big shot like Danville | 为什么像丹维尔这样的大人物 |
[11:14] | wanna associate with nobodies? | 想要和无名小卒合伙呢 |
[11:16] | Maybe he saw himself in those boys. | 也许是在他们身上看到了自己的影子 |
[11:19] | Maybe he was just slumming. | 也许他只是在融入穷人的圈子 |
[11:21] | All I know was, the day he died, | 我只知道 他死的那天 |
[11:24] | we got stuck with 11 thousand dollar tab. | 他一万一的账单就没人付了 |
[11:26] | 11 grand, worth more than my car. | 一万一 比我车还贵 |
[11:29] | – Way more. – Owner of the Arbitrage at the time, | -贵多了 -当时”套利”的店主 |
[11:32] | he thought Danville was made of money. | 以为丹维尔家财万贯 |
[11:34] | Just too busy to get around to paying it. | 只不过没空来结账 |
[11:36] | Me, I would never have let that happen. | 换做是我 绝对不会允许这样的事发生 |
[11:39] | – The owner still around? – Sold the place, to me. | -店主还在吗 -已经把店面盘给我了 |
[11:42] | And I don’t give credit to no one. | 我可不会让任何人欠账 |
[11:46] | Four bucks. | 四块钱 |
[11:50] | So Mackie’s your broker, huh? | 麦凯是你的股票经纪人 |
[11:53] | He told you where to find me? | 是他让你来这里找我的吗 |
[11:55] | So Danville worked for you for what, six years? | 丹维尔为你工作了多久 六年 |
[11:58] | Something like that. | 差不多 |
[11:59] | Thought he got killed in the car jacking. | 他不是遭遇劫车 被杀了吗 |
[12:01] | Well, we’re taking another look at that. | 我们正重新调查 |
[12:04] | My detectives talked to a woman at the Arbitrage | 我的探员询问过”套利”的一个女人 |
[12:06] | and said the guy was a louse, welched on his debts. | 说他是个寄生虫 四处欠债 |
[12:10] | – Sounds about right. – I thought Danville was a heavy hitter. | -听起来没错 -我原以为丹维尔是个大亨 |
[12:13] | Rolling in dough. | 财源滚滚 |
[12:15] | For a while. | 得意了没多久 |
[12:16] | Then he hit a losing streak. | 然后他屡战屡败 |
[12:17] | Every stock he hyped went in the toilet. | 他炒的每支股票都打了水漂 |
[12:19] | That’s why we fired him. | 所以我们解雇了他 |
[12:20] | Fired? | 解雇 |
[12:21] | Wasn’t he still the employee of the Collins Brothers when he died? | 他死时难道不是柯林斯兄弟的员工吗 |
[12:24] | On paper, he was. | 对外宣称是 |
[12:27] | But he begged us to let him stay unsalaried | 但是他求我们让他无薪留职 |
[12:29] | until he can get another gig going. | 直到他找到下家 |
[12:32] | So Danville was on the ropes. | 看来丹维尔是穷途末路了 |
[12:34] | Day he died, | 他死的那天 |
[12:35] | we had to cover about half a mil of his debts | 我们不得不帮他支付五十万左右的债务 |
[12:37] | to protect the firm’s reputation. | 来保全公司的名声 |
[12:39] | Keep up the appearances. | 门面功夫 |
[12:41] | And keep the authorities off our backs checking records. | 还要避免当局偷查公司记录 |
[12:45] | Fat lot of good it did us, | 我们被弄得焦头烂额 |
[12:46] | considering i got popped for insider trading. | 我还因内幕交易被逮捕了 |
[12:50] | Well, it could’ve been worse. | 不错了 |
[12:52] | You could’ve ended up like Danville. | 你也可能落得和丹维尔一样的下场 |
[12:53] | – Broke? – Dead. | -破产 -死掉 |
[13:02] | So Danville’s broke but still playing the big shot? | 丹维尔破产了还在装大腕 |
[13:05] | Yeah, scrambling to get the Navrax deal off the ground | 趁自己还没有名誉扫地 |
[13:07] | while his reputation’s still intact and | 趁自己在柯林斯兄弟还有一席之地 |
[13:09] | he still had an office at Collins Brothers. | 忙着给纳威雷克斯设局 |
[13:11] | So this guy’s all tabbed out, | 这家伙已完全被踢出局了 |
[13:12] | but he’s still got a corporate apartment, | 但是还住公司公寓 |
[13:14] | tab in the five star restaurant and a Delorean to push around? | 去五星级餐厅 开着德劳瑞恩招摇撞骗 |
[13:17] | How do I get this job. | 我去哪里找这种工作 |
[13:19] | Now, how come the assigned | 为什么当时的探员 |
[13:20] | didn’t look at the disgruntled investors for this? | 不去查愤愤不平的投资者呢 |
[13:21] | Car jacking theory looked solid. | 劫车的推论看似站得住脚 |
[13:23] | Collins Brothers covered for Danville. | 柯林斯兄弟为丹维尔打掩护了 |
[13:25] | They erased the paper trail of his debts. | 他们消除了他债款的书面记录 |
[13:27] | And plus white collar criminal ususally get sued, not shot. | 还有白领罪犯通常会被起诉 而不是吃枪子 |
[13:30] | So, maybe the doer isn’t your typical investor. | 也许凶手不是典型的投资者 |
[13:33] | Let’s check the SEC records. | 查查证券交易委员会的记录 |
[13:35] | See if anyone with a criminal record bought shares with Navrax. | 看看有没有前科犯买了纳威雷克斯的股份 |
[13:38] | We’ll go talk to Danville’s old associates. | 我们去和丹维尔的老合伙人谈谈 |
[13:40] | The Lost boys. | 粉丝小弟们 |
[13:41] | Start with the kid that was supposed to get back to Livermore. | 从那个该回电话给利弗莫尔的孩子开始 |
[13:43] | Kip. | 奇普 |
[13:48] | Kip Krowley? | 是奇普·克罗利吗 |
[13:51] | Detective Rush and Valens. | 我们是拉什探员和瓦伦斯探员 |
[13:52] | It’s about Charles Danville. | 我们为查尔斯·丹维尔而来 |
[13:54] | Charlie Danville? | 查理·丹维尔 |
[13:56] | That was a life time ago. | 上辈子的事情了 |
[13:57] | We’ve been talking to an old associate of yours. | 我们和你的老合伙人谈过了 |
[13:59] | – Randy Price. – Oh yeah, I read about Randy. | -兰迪·普赖斯 -对了 我看到兰迪的新闻了 |
[14:02] | He’s in trouble with the SEC, huh? | 他招惹了证交会 |
[14:04] | He says Stu Livermore threatened Danville’s life. | 他说斯图·利弗莫尔威胁过丹维尔的生命 |
[14:06] | No kidding. | 别开玩笑 |
[14:07] | We know you dealt with Livermore in ’85 | 我们得知85年你处理过利弗莫尔的事情 |
[14:09] | running interference for Danville. | 为丹维尔做掩护 |
[14:11] | But you never told the cops about that. | 但你从没对警察说过这事 |
[14:12] | Well, Charlie was killed in a car jacking. | 查理是在劫车中被杀的 |
[14:15] | What would Livermore have to do with that? | 和利弗莫尔有什么关系 |
[14:16] | Did you know he pulled a gun on Danville | 你知道在丹维尔死前两周 |
[14:18] | two weeks before his death? | 他用枪对着他 |
[14:20] | No, I didn’t. | 不 不知道 |
[14:22] | I just felt bad for the guy. | 我只是为那家伙难过 |
[14:25] | Did you talk to him? Is he making out? | 你们和他谈过了 他走出来了吗 |
[14:27] | He’s collecting used tickets off the floor at the OTB. | 他在赌马场外的地上收集废弃的票 |
[14:31] | That’s a shame. | 太遗憾了 |
[14:35] | I tried to talk to Charlie about him the night that he died. | 查理死的那晚我试图跟他谈这事 |
[14:38] | To lives of a quiet desperation. | 敬安静的绝望中的人们 |
[14:43] | And not leading them. | 以及不用与之共享 |
[14:52] | So, kiddo. | 那么 小子 |
[14:55] | What’s so important that can’t wait? | 什么事这么亟不可待 |
[14:57] | I went to the headquarters at the Navrax Corporation. | 我去了纳威雷克斯公司的总部 |
[15:00] | – This about the drycleaner mope? – Livermore. | -这是为了那个干洗店的倒霉鬼 -利弗莫尔 |
[15:02] | And he was right. It’s nothing. | 他说得对 什么都没有 |
[15:04] | Nothing. It’s an old lady answering phones. | 什么都没 只有一个接电话的老太太 |
[15:06] | So? | 所以 |
[15:07] | It’s the idea that counts. | 重要的是理念 |
[15:09] | Not the the brick and mortar. | 不是砖墙和泥浆 |
[15:11] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[15:12] | I promised Livermore that you would call him. | 我对利弗莫尔保证过你会打给他 |
[15:14] | I personally guaranteed.. | 我以个人名义保证的 |
[15:15] | Don’t promise things, kiddo. | 不要保证任何事情 小子 |
[15:17] | Can you help him? | 你能帮他吗 |
[15:19] | Please. | 求你了 |
[15:21] | For me. | 就当为了我 |
[15:25] | That’s good. | 不错 |
[15:26] | Kip. | 奇普 |
[15:27] | Going for the heart like that? | 像那样赢得别人的心 |
[15:29] | I actually have taught you something. | 我真的教会了你一些事 |
[15:31] | – So you will talk to him? – No. | -那你会和他谈吗 -不 |
[15:35] | I’m a heartless bastard, remember? | 我是个没良心的混蛋 记得吗 |
[15:37] | No, you’re not. | 不 你不是 |
[15:42] | You are too good to be true. | 你真是好得不像话 |
[15:45] | Kiddo, have a drink. | 小子 来喝一杯 |
[15:47] | Lighten up. | 放轻松 |
[15:54] | That was the last time that I saw him. | 那是我最后一次见他 |
[15:57] | I walked to the train and went to my mom’s. | 我坐上火车回到我妈家 |
[16:00] | Danville sounds like he was telling | 丹维尔说他是没良心的混蛋的时候 |
[16:02] | the truth about being a heartless bastard, huh? | 听起来是句实话 |
[16:04] | Nah, that was just his way. | 不 那只是他说话的方式 |
[16:06] | He was training me to be like him. | 他是想把我训练得和他一样 |
[16:08] | Were you upset when he died? | 他死时 你伤心吗 |
[16:10] | Broken up. | 心碎了 |
[16:12] | Like I said, he was trying to teach me to suceed. | 正如我所说 他是想教会我如何成功 |
[16:17] | Wasn’t his fault I couldn’t cut it in his world. | 我自己没本事不是他的错 |
[16:24] | These are records from the SEC. | 这些是证交会的记录 |
[16:26] | About 4000 people invested in Navrax back in ’85. | 85年大约有4000人投资了纳威雷克斯 |
[16:29] | Most for a thousand bucks or so. | 大部分都是一千块左右 |
[16:31] | And only a dozen went in for 25 grand. | 只有12个人投入了两万五 |
[16:33] | Anyone with a record? | 其中有人有案底吗 |
[16:35] | Yeah, one. Teddy Mars. | 有一个 特迪·马斯 |
[16:37] | Served 5 years for dealing cocaine in the late ’80’s. | 80年代后期因贩卖可卡因入狱五年 |
[16:40] | And another three for manslaughter, | 还有因弄断了弗拉克维尔的一个家伙的脖子 |
[16:42] | broke a guy’s neck in Frackville. | 而被判过失杀人罪 又坐了三年牢 |
[16:44] | How does a slag like Mars get | 像马斯这种人渣怎么能和 |
[16:45] | into business with a highroller like Danville. | 会和丹维尔这种赌徒有生意往来 |
[16:47] | If he was selling cocaine to Danville. | 如果他向丹维尔贩卖可卡因 |
[16:49] | Danville was broke. | 丹维尔破产了 |
[16:51] | Maybe there was some bartering going on. | 也许他们之间有以物换物的交易 |
[16:52] | And cocaine for stocks? | 用股票换可卡因 |
[16:54] | And if those investments tanked? | 如果那些投资黄了 |
[16:56] | Mars would come collecting. The old fashioned way. | 马斯会来收账 老规矩 |
[17:00] | Check with his parole officer see if he’s got a good address. | 问问他的假释官有没有他的地址 |
[17:11] | Teddy Mars. | 特迪·马斯 |
[17:13] | Wanna talk to you about Charles Danville. | 我们想和你谈谈查尔斯·丹维尔 |
[17:17] | You ain’t vice. | 你们不是刑警 |
[17:19] | And you don’t look like narcs. | 也不像缉毒刑警 |
[17:20] | Homicide. | 凶案组 |
[17:22] | You invested 25 grand in the complany | 你投资了两万五在丹维尔 |
[17:24] | Danville was selling called Navrax. | 做销售的叫做纳威雷克斯的公司 |
[17:27] | Hold up. | 等等 |
[17:29] | Let me get my lawyer down here. | 让我把律师叫来 |
[17:30] | We can have a real nice pow wow, just the four of us. | 然后我们可以好好乐一乐 就我们四个 |
[17:32] | While you’re on the line, we’ll talk to your boys over there. | 你打电话吧 我们去和那边的孩子谈谈 |
[17:35] | – What boys? – The ones that are dealing for you? | -什么孩子 -那边那些为你贩毒的 |
[17:39] | You got me wrong detectives. | 你们误会我了 探员们 |
[17:41] | I’m an artist now. | 我现在是艺术家 |
[17:43] | Suit yourself, Teddy. | 随便你说 特迪 |
[17:45] | With what they’re holding, you’re coming with us. | 他们手里的货 就够你跟我们跑一趟了 |
[17:48] | So how’d you get involved with Danville? | 你怎么认识丹维尔的 |
[17:50] | That ain’t a secret. | 众所周知 |
[17:52] | For a time I supplied all the joints in Market Street. | 有段时间 我负责市场街所有的大麻供应 |
[17:54] | – Including Arbitrage? – Especially Arbitrage. | -包括”套利” -特别是”套利” |
[17:57] | Them Brooks Brothers types liked to party. | 那些成功人士就喜欢派对 |
[18:09] | Teddy. | 特迪 |
[18:12] | You should get on this Navrax. Make some fortune. | 你应该入手这支纳威雷克斯 赚点钱 |
[18:15] | You wanna taste the merchandise? | 你想试试货吗 |
[18:17] | How much for the whole ounce? | 一盎司多少钱 |
[18:19] | Boys deserve a treat. | 孩子们应该尝尝甜头了 |
[18:21] | Ounce is three grand. | 三千一盎司 |
[18:22] | You already owe me ten. | 你已经欠我十盎司了 |
[18:24] | You know what, | 这样吧 |
[18:25] | I’m gonna cut you in on this Navrax deal for 25 thousand. | 我可以让你入股两万五的纳威雷克斯 |
[18:28] | Couple of months, it’ll be worth twice that, | 过几个月 就会翻一番 |
[18:30] | – maybe three times. – Yeah, you do that. | -甚至翻两番 -行行 可以 |
[18:32] | After you pay me the 13 grand in cash. | 但你得先付我一万三的现金 |
[18:35] | – I’ll give that think through. – Teddy, | -然后我才会考虑 -特迪 |
[18:36] | this Navrax is like money in the bank. | 这支纳威雷克斯就像存在银行的钱 |
[18:38] | You don’t got it, do you? | 你还不明白 是吧 |
[18:39] | I’m offering you 25 grand in bonds for 13. | 我在用两万五的股票还你的一万三现金 |
[18:44] | Give me your Rolex. | 把你的劳力士给我 |
[18:46] | Teddy, come on. | 特迪 别这样 |
[19:00] | I’mma take your watch | 我要拿走你的手表 |
[19:02] | and your worthless paper. | 还有你不值钱的股票 |
[19:04] | But 24 hours, | 但是24小时内 |
[19:05] | I want my 13K in cash. | 我要看到一万三的现金 |
[19:09] | So did you get your money? | 那你拿到钱了吗 |
[19:11] | Next day. | 第二天 |
[19:12] | One of Charlie’s boys delivered a briefcase full of green. | 查理的跟班送了一个装满钱的公文包来 |
[19:15] | You happen to remember who gave you the money? | 你应该记得是谁送钱给你的吧 |
[19:18] | Yeah, the pretty boy. Beau something. | 对 很帅的男孩 叫博什么的 |
[19:21] | Look, if you don’t believe me, ask him. | 听着 如果你们不相信我 就去问问他 |
[19:23] | He’d tell you. I got paid. | 他会告诉你 我收到了钱 |
[19:25] | I didn’t kill Charlie. Cuz I had no reason to. | 我没杀查理 因为我没理由 |
[19:28] | I may have met a Mr. Mars back in the 80’s, but, | 80年代我可能是见过马斯先生 但是 |
[19:31] | I couldn’t say for sure. | 我也不能确定 |
[19:33] | We’re Homicide, Beau. | 我们是凶案组的 博 |
[19:34] | – Not Narcotics. – Or the SEC. | -不是缉毒组 -也不是证交会 |
[19:40] | Well, then. | 那好吧 |
[19:43] | Hell, yeah, I remember Teddy. | 当然了 我记得特迪 |
[19:44] | He was our supplier. | 他是我们的供货商 |
[19:45] | Did Danville send you to him | 丹维尔有没有让你给他送过 |
[19:47] | with a briefcase full of money? | 一个装满钱的公文包 |
[19:48] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[19:49] | And he was pissed about it too. | 而且他对这事大发雷霆 |
[19:50] | We were coining it on Navrax, | 这钱是纳威雷克斯上获利的 |
[19:53] | but Charlie hated to part with the actual cash. | 但是查理讨厌失去实实在在的现金 |
[19:56] | So why did he? | 那他为什么这么做 |
[19:57] | Cuz Charlie could take the hit | 因为查理会去勾搭 |
[19:59] | from the blue-haired Ladies who was broken. | 心灰意冷的富婆 |
[20:01] | But Teddy Mars was a different story. | 但是特迪·马斯又是另一回事了 |
[20:03] | So you knew Danville was a swindler? | 所以你知道丹维尔是个骗子 |
[20:06] | I looked the other way. | 我假装没看见 |
[20:09] | You know any other investors | 你知道其他可能乐于看见 |
[20:10] | that might want to see Danville dead? | 丹维尔死亡的投资者吗 |
[20:12] | Investors? | 投资者 |
[20:13] | No. | 不知道 |
[20:14] | Then who? | 那有谁呢 |
[20:19] | After I gave Teddy the cash, | 我把现金给了特迪之后 |
[20:21] | I went back to Charlie to return his Rolex. | 我去找查理把劳力士还给他 |
[20:32] | Our brave boy, back from the trenches. | 我们勇敢的孩子 战场归来 |
[20:35] | The guy scared the piss out of me. | 那家伙吓坏我了 |
[20:40] | Sit down, take a load off. | 坐吧 放松一下 |
[20:48] | Help yourself. | 自便吧 |
[20:50] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:58] | I got your watch back. | 我把你的手表拿回来了 |
[21:03] | I want you to keep it. | 你留着吧 |
[21:05] | Token of my appreciation. | 就当是我的谢礼 |
[21:08] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[21:13] | You’re the one, Beau. | 就是你了 博 |
[21:14] | You’re the one who’s gonna make it big. | 你就是能做成大事的人 |
[21:16] | – I am? – I don’t think the others have what it takes. | -我是吗 -我觉得其他人都不行 |
[21:19] | But you, | 但是你 |
[21:24] | you know what it takes. | 你知道成功的代价 |
[21:27] | Don’t you? | 不是吗 |
[21:31] | That’s when I got out. | 然后我就出去了 |
[21:34] | Danville hit on anyone else you know of? | 丹维尔还骚扰了其他人吗 |
[21:35] | He hit on all of us. | 他骚扰了我们所有人 |
[21:37] | If you wanted to succeed with Charlie, | 如果你想跟着查理成功 |
[21:39] | you play by his rules. | 就要按照他的规矩来 |
[21:41] | And that meant sleeping with him? | 那就是说要陪他睡吗 |
[21:42] | If you wanted to get ahead, | 如果你想要成功 |
[21:44] | that’s what it meant. | 就是要这样做 |
[21:54] | Want a deal, Randy, you start talking. | 想要协议 你就要继续坦白 兰迪 |
[21:56] | And you tell all. No more saving for a rainy day. | 你全盘招供 别再未雨绸缪了 |
[21:59] | Livermore didn’t kill Danville. | 利弗莫尔没有杀死丹维尔 |
[22:01] | I know what I heard. | 我知道我听到的是什么 |
[22:02] | You know what we heard? | 你知道我们听到了什么吗 |
[22:04] | Danville liked boys. | 丹维尔喜欢男孩们 |
[22:05] | Young ones. Up-and-comers, like you. | 年轻的 积极进取的 像你这样的 |
[22:08] | He hit on you, Randy? Cuz he hit on Beau. | 他骚扰你了吗 兰迪 因为他骚扰了博 |
[22:10] | Yeah, but Beau didn’t kill him. | 没错 但是博没杀他 |
[22:12] | He’s got an alibi. | 他有不在场证明 |
[22:13] | He was at his girlfriend’s the night Danville got dead. | 丹维尔死的那晚 他在女朋友家 |
[22:15] | But you, you don’t have a alibi, do you? | 但是你 你没有不在场证明 对吗 |
[22:18] | Wait a minute. You think I killed Danville? | 等下 你们认为是我杀了丹维尔 |
[22:22] | That’s insane. | 太荒谬了 |
[22:23] | So, you like biting the pillow. | 那你喜欢把委屈往肚子里咽吗 |
[22:26] | You didn’t get horizontal to make it to homicide? | 我用不着放下身段去杀人 |
[22:30] | Guy’s worthless. | 这家伙没什么价值了 |
[22:32] | This deal’s off. | 协议取消 |
[22:33] | Okay, okay. Cool your jets. | 好吧 好吧 稍等片刻 |
[22:38] | God. | 天 |
[22:40] | Did I service Danville to get ahead? | 我有没有”服务”丹维尔来获得成功 |
[22:43] | Yeah, so what? | 我有 那又怎样呢 |
[22:45] | So maybe you felt humiliated by that. | 也许你觉得这是一种羞辱 |
[22:47] | Decided to gun down the man who made you catch for him. | 然后决定用枪放倒这个羞辱你的男人 |
[22:50] | I did what I had to do. | 我也是情非得已 |
[22:52] | – Big deal. – You got anything more on Danville, | -有什么大不了的 -你从丹维尔那还得到了什么 |
[22:54] | you wanna say it right now, Randy. | 你最好现在就说出来 兰迪 |
[22:56] | Cuz your deal is going south, fast. | 因为你的协议就要飞了 赶紧 |
[23:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:03] | All right. | 好吧 |
[23:05] | This is the entire truth. | 这是完整的真相 |
[23:07] | Well, that’s big for Randy. | 兰迪终于狠下心了 |
[23:10] | I met Danville earlier than I said before. | 我比之前提到的还要再早一点遇到丹维尔 |
[23:12] | How much earlier? | 多早 |
[23:14] | Little more than a month before he was killed. | 在他死前一个多月 |
[23:30] | You want a ride? | 你想搭车吗 |
[23:32] | Hey, you’re Charles Danville. | 你是查尔斯·丹维尔 |
[23:34] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[23:35] | And you work for Blaine & Sons. | 你在布莱恩父子公司工作 |
[23:37] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[23:39] | I used to have a crappy umbrella just like that. | 我也曾经有过这样一把破伞 |
[23:42] | Hop in. | 快上车 |
[23:52] | This is so cool. | 太帅了 |
[23:54] | Took me hard days of work to afford it. | 为了它我可是万分辛苦地工作了呢 |
[23:58] | Do you think I’m kidding? | 你觉得我是在说笑吗 |
[23:59] | No. | 没有 |
[24:01] | You know, I used to work for a joint like Blaine. | 我曾经也为一家像布莱恩一样的公司工作 |
[24:04] | – Back in the day. – Seriously? | -以前的时候 -真的吗 |
[24:05] | Till I wised up, took some risks. | 直到我学聪明 做了些投资 |
[24:09] | You a risk taker, uh..? | 你是个爱冒险的人 |
[24:11] | Randy. | 兰迪 |
[24:12] | Randy Price. | 兰迪·普赖斯 |
[24:13] | Yeah, I like risk. | 没错 我喜欢风险 |
[24:15] | Good, Randy. | 很好 兰迪 |
[24:16] | Then I’m gonna make you a proposition. | 那我和你做个交易吧 |
[24:19] | I’m gonna create a company at thin air, sell the hell out of it. | 我要凭空建立一家公司 然后卖掉它 |
[24:22] | Can you do that? | 你能做到吗 |
[24:23] | I’m Charles Danville. | 我可是查尔斯·丹维尔 |
[24:25] | I can do anything. | 我无所不能 |
[24:28] | Still looking for a couple salesmen. | 我还在找销售员 |
[24:31] | You know anyone who might be interested? | 你认识的人有可能感兴趣的吗 |
[24:40] | So Danville meeting you and | 所以丹维尔在”套利” |
[24:41] | Kip and Beau at the Arbitrage, that was a setup? | 见到你和奇普和博 是故意安排的吗 |
[24:44] | Yep. Worked like a charm, too. | 对 也非常成功 |
[24:46] | And Beau and Kip never knew Navrax was bogus? | 博和奇普一直不知道纳威雷克斯是伪造的吗 |
[24:48] | Beau knew it was a boiler room scam, | 博知道这是个电话营销售股骗局 |
[24:50] | but he didn’t care so long as he was making out. | 但是只要他有办法应对 他才不在乎 |
[24:53] | And Kip? | 奇普呢 |
[24:55] | Kip was a fool. | 奇普是个傻瓜 |
[24:56] | Out of his depth. | 智商不够玩这个 |
[24:58] | Believed every word Danville said. | 相信丹维尔所说的每一个字 |
[25:00] | Why’d you keep this from us, Randy? | 你为什么一直不告诉我们呢 兰迪 |
[25:02] | Because it was a crooked deal. | 因为这是个不正当的交易 |
[25:06] | And I’m facing charges of invested fraud. | 我还面对着投资诈骗的指控 |
[25:09] | Okay, you know what, | 好吧 你们知道吗 |
[25:10] | I just remembered something. And this is good. | 我刚刚想起了件事 而且很有用 |
[25:12] | Hey, feel that? | 感觉到了吗 |
[25:13] | It’s raining again. | 又有新内幕 |
[25:15] | Kip Krowley the dummy, | 奇普·克罗利那个笨蛋 |
[25:17] | he got his mother to invest in Navrax | 他让他妈投资了纳威雷克斯 |
[25:19] | and she lost a bundle. | 她损失了很多钱 |
[25:20] | We’ve seen the list of investors, there’s no Krowley. | 我们看过投资者的名单了 没有姓克罗利的 |
[25:23] | No, Danville told me she invested. | 不可能 丹维尔告诉我她投资了 |
[25:25] | He bragged about closing the deal. | 他吹嘘达成这笔交易 |
[25:29] | Hey, your boyfriend in there was telling the truth. | 你里面那个男朋友没说谎 |
[25:33] | It’s too bad. | 太糟了 |
[25:34] | Kip’s mum did invest in Navrax. | 奇普的母亲的确投资了纳威雷克斯 |
[25:36] | She went by Mavis Breen, not Krowley. | 她购买名是梅维斯·布林 不是克罗利 |
[25:38] | How much’d she drop? | 她投了多少 |
[25:39] | 50 grand. | 五万 |
[25:41] | That’s worth a conversation. | 那得找她谈谈了 |
[25:45] | What? You got plans? | 怎么 你有安排吗 |
[25:47] | Kind of. | 算是吧 |
[25:49] | You got plans? | 你有安排吗 |
[25:51] | You kidding? I’m married. | 开玩笑吗 我是已婚男人 |
[25:53] | I’d take any excuse not to go home. | 我会找一切借口不回家 |
[25:56] | I wish you boys would’ve given me some warning. | 我希望你们俩能提前通知我 |
[25:59] | Would’ve made myself presentable. | 那我就会好好打扮一下了 |
[26:03] | We just wanted to ask you about Navrax, Mrs. Breen. | 我们就是想问一下关于纳威雷克斯的事情 布林夫人 |
[26:06] | Mavis, please. | 叫我梅维斯吧 |
[26:08] | I’m divorced. | 我离婚了 |
[26:10] | Can you tell us how you came to invest in the company, Mavis? | 梅维斯 能告诉我们为什么会投资这家公司吗 |
[26:14] | You’d have to ask Kip about Navrax. | 关于纳威雷克斯 你们得问奇普 |
[26:17] | Well, we’d rather talk to you. | 我们更想问问你 |
[26:19] | Kip isn’t in any trouble, is he? | 奇普没惹上麻烦吧 |
[26:22] | Cuz if he is, it’s my fault. | 因为如果他有麻烦 都是我的错 |
[26:25] | And how does that work? | 那是什么意思 |
[26:27] | Well, when it comes to men, | 说到男人 |
[26:29] | I make terrible choices. | 我真是一直选错人 |
[26:32] | And poor Kip had to suffer through my divorces, yep | 可怜的奇普不得不跟着我遭受离婚 是的 |
[26:35] | all four of them. | 四次 |
[26:37] | So, about Navrax, | 那么 关于纳威雷克斯 |
[26:39] | Kip told you to invest? | 奇普让你投资的吗 |
[26:41] | He knew I had some money in the bank from my last settlement. | 他知道我在银行还有最后一次的离婚安置费 |
[26:44] | He just wanted to help me grow it. | 他只是想帮我升值 |
[26:47] | Did you ever meet Charles Danville? | 你见过查尔斯·丹维尔吗 |
[26:49] | He took Kip and me to dinner. | 他带我和奇普吃过晚饭 |
[26:51] | You know, to make his pitch. | 为了促成他的买卖 |
[26:54] | Chin chin. | 干杯 |
[27:07] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[27:08] | Well, that is called sushi, Ms. Breen. | 那叫寿司 布林女士 |
[27:11] | Oh, it’s Mavis. | 叫我梅维斯吧 |
[27:13] | Why isn’t it cooked? | 为什么这个都没煮过 |
[27:15] | Oh, it’s cutting edge. | 这是世界前沿的东西 |
[27:18] | Raw’s the next big thing. | 未来是原料为王的时代 |
[27:20] | Well, I prefer chicken teriyaki. | 我还是喜欢红烧鸡 |
[27:26] | Mum, Charlie has a great investment opportunity for you. | 妈 查理有个很好的投资机会给你 |
[27:29] | It’s a company called Navrax, Mavis. | 梅维斯 那是一家名叫纳威雷克斯的公司 |
[27:32] | High tech. | 高科技 |
[27:33] | Japanese are interested in investing, right, Charlie? | 日本人投资的熔模铸造 对吧 查理 |
[27:36] | But I promise you it has nothing to do with sushi. | 但是我向你保证那和寿司没关系 |
[27:40] | Charlie’s a genious, mum. | 查理是个天才 妈 |
[27:42] | He’s a senior VP at Collins Brothers. | 他是柯林斯兄弟的资深副总裁 |
[27:45] | I’ve heard of Collins Brothers. | 我听过柯林斯兄弟 |
[27:46] | I’m old news. | 我是老人了 |
[27:48] | Kip here is the future. | 奇普才是未来之星 |
[27:50] | No thanks to you, huh? | 都托您的福啊 |
[27:51] | I may have helped out a little bit. | 我也许是帮了一小把吧 |
[27:53] | Charlie is my mentor, mum. | 查理是我的导师 妈 |
[27:56] | You flatter me, kiddo. | 你太抬举我了 孩子 |
[27:59] | I certainly appreciate you’r taking interest in my boy. | 我的确很感谢你对我儿子的提携 |
[28:03] | But when it comes to investing, I’m all for cautious. | 但是 涉及到投资 我可是很小心的 |
[28:07] | Well, your mum’s just my lady, Kip. | 你妈真合我胃口 奇普 |
[28:11] | It’s obviously going to take more than one dinner | 看来要让她见识到正确的投资 |
[28:13] | to get her to see the wisdom of investing. | 一顿饭可是远远不够的 |
[28:17] | So, Danville convinced you? | 所以 丹维尔说服了你 |
[28:20] | Eventually. | 最终是这样的 |
[28:22] | I really invested for Kip’s sake. | 但我的确是因为奇普而投资的 |
[28:24] | You know, to help advance his career. | 为了帮助发展他的事业 |
[28:27] | Lot of good that did. | 那还真是好处多多 |
[28:29] | You must’ve been pretty angry losing all that money. | 那些钱追不回来了 你一定很生气吧 |
[28:31] | – Furious. – How about Kip? | -暴怒啊 -那奇普呢 |
[28:32] | He was devastated. | 他彻底崩溃了 |
[28:34] | But he really believed in that Danville. | 但是他真的很相信丹维尔 |
[28:36] | So maybe in your defense, he took revenge on Danville. | 也许为了保护你的利益 他找丹维尔报仇了 |
[28:39] | Oh no, my Kip couldn’t hurt a fly. | 不可能 我的奇普连苍蝇都不会伤害 |
[28:44] | Me, on the other hand, | 而另一方面 我 |
[28:45] | I wanted to string Danville up by his lying neck. | 我想勒住丹维尔说谎的脖子 把他吊起来 |
[28:49] | But of course I didn’t. | 但是当然我没这么做 |
[28:52] | Man was dead before I could buy a rope. | 我还没买绳子 他就死了 |
[28:59] | Your friend Price is a real prince. | 你朋友普赖斯真是个人物 |
[29:01] | He’s my brother’s friend. | 他是我哥的朋友 |
[29:02] | And he’s always been a low life. | 他一直表现得很没档次 |
[29:04] | Well, he’s saint compared to Danville. | 和丹维尔一比 他就是个圣人 |
[29:08] | That’s the JOB. | 但那就是工作 |
[29:10] | We don’t get to pick our victims. | 我们无法选择死者 |
[29:14] | So, you | 那么 你 |
[29:17] | wanna go see another movie tomorrow night? | 明晚想看别的电影吗 |
[29:19] | It’s first Thursdays, tomorrow. | 明天是第一个星期四 |
[29:22] | First what? | 第一个什么 |
[29:24] | First Thursday of every month, | 每个月的第一个星期四 |
[29:25] | the homicide detectives get together, | 凶案组的探员都会聚在一起 |
[29:27] | – retired and active. – To do what? | -退休和在职的 -聚在一起干什么 |
[29:29] | Talk. | 聊天 |
[29:31] | Drink. | 喝酒 |
[29:32] | Sounds fun, bring me along. | 听起来不错 带我去吧 |
[29:34] | I don’t know, Kite. | 我不知道 凯特 |
[29:36] | You’re not in the Hat Squad. | 你不是”警帽小队”的 |
[29:38] | You guys have more weird names for yourselves. | 你们还真是给自己取了很多怪名字 |
[29:40] | It’s usually just cops. | 通常仅限警察 |
[29:44] | Well, I’m a friend of a cop. | 我是警察的朋友 |
[29:54] | You wanna see the girls? | 你想见见姑娘们吗 |
[30:09] | Met your mum, Kip. | 我们见过你妈了 奇普 |
[30:10] | You did. | 是吗 |
[30:11] | Heard how she lost a cool 50 K to Navrax. | 听说她是如何因为纳威雷克斯亏了五万的 |
[30:15] | – Oh boy. – You forgot to mention that to us, did ya? | -不会吧 -你忘了跟我们说这事了 是吗 |
[30:18] | Well, I didn’t tell you because | 我没告诉你们是因为 |
[30:19] | I thought it would look like I killed Charlie. | 我觉得那看起来很像是我杀了查理 |
[30:21] | – It does. – And that’s just the half of it. | -是的 -那也只是一半 |
[30:24] | – What do you mean? – Randy Price, Beau Munger, | -什么意思 -兰迪·普赖斯 博·芒格 |
[30:26] | they say Danville was a sexual predator. | 他们说丹维尔是个性侵犯者 |
[30:29] | They said that? | 他们那么说了吗 |
[30:31] | Come on, Kip. Quit the act. | 拜托 奇普 别再装了 |
[30:33] | You worshipped Danville. | 你崇拜丹维尔 |
[30:35] | Not only did he use you to get to your mum’s money.. | 但他不仅利用你得到了你妈的钱 |
[30:37] | He hit on you too. | 他还骚扰了你 |
[30:40] | No. | 不 |
[30:42] | That’s not how it went. | 不是那样的 |
[30:48] | You really think I should buy it? | 你确定我应该买下它吗 |
[30:50] | Hell yes, I think you should buy it. | 非常确定 你该买它 |
[30:53] | Maybe I should save the money that we’re making off Navrax. | 也许我该把从纳威雷克斯上赚的钱存起来 |
[30:55] | No, no, kiddo. | 不不 小子 |
[30:57] | There’s plenty more where that came from. | 会有源源不断的钱 |
[30:59] | – I do love it. – Then buy it. | -我真的喜欢这辆车 -那就买下来 |
[31:01] | – You derserve it. – Yeah? | -你应得的 -真的吗 |
[31:03] | I’m really proud of you, you know. | 我真的很为你骄傲 |
[31:05] | You’ve come a long way. | 你进步很大 |
[31:06] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[31:09] | Hey, kiddo, you stick with me. | 小子 你跟着我 |
[31:11] | You’re gonna rule Market Street one day. | 总有一天你会掌管市场街 |
[31:13] | Follow right in my footsteps. | 紧随我的脚步 |
[31:16] | Come on, kiddo. Let’s grab the bull by its horns. | 加油 小子 让我们一起奋勇前进吧 |
[31:19] | Okay. | 好 |
[31:21] | I gotta tell you something. | 有件事我得告诉你 |
[31:25] | The car’s not the only thing that I love. | 车不是我唯一喜爱的 |
[31:31] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[31:33] | I love you, too, kiddo. | 我也爱你 小子 |
[31:35] | No, I mean I really love you. | 不 我的意思是我真的爱你 |
[31:49] | Charlie didn’t hit on me. | 查理没有骚扰我 |
[31:51] | I hit on him. | 是我爱上他了 |
[31:53] | Now that must’ve surprised Danville. | 丹维尔一定很吃惊 |
[31:55] | He was surprised. | 他很惊讶 |
[31:57] | But then we fell in love. | 但我们还是相爱了 |
[32:01] | You buy that mustang? | 你买了野马吗 |
[32:03] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[32:06] | Charlie and I drove all over town in it. | 查理和我开着它在城里到处兜风 |
[32:09] | I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. | 我本想和他共度余生 |
[32:14] | So the thought of me killing him | 所以 觉得我会杀了他 |
[32:17] | is so crazy. | 太不可思议了 |
[32:20] | I loved him, | 我爱他 |
[32:22] | I still do. | 现在还爱着 |
[32:32] | Yeah, Kip said he took | 没错 丹维尔死的那晚 |
[32:34] | trains to his mum’s the night, Danville died. | 奇普说他坐火车去他妈那边了 |
[32:36] | – Yeah. – There’s a reason. | -是的 -有个疑点 |
[32:37] | I ran all the car jackings in June of ’85, | 我查了85年6月的所有劫车案 |
[32:41] | no mustang is stole in Philly. | 费城没有野马被抢 |
[32:42] | But in Montgomery county where Kip’s mum lived.. | 但是在奇普妈居住的蒙哥马利郡… |
[32:45] | – Cherry red mustang? – Junked and stripped. | -樱桃红的野马 -被洗劫一空 报废了 |
[32:48] | – Guess where? – Ardmore. | -猜猜是在哪里 -阿德莫尔 |
[32:49] | Just like all the other car jackings. | 和其他汽车抢劫案一样 |
[32:51] | Including Danville’s Delorean. | 包括丹维尔的德劳瑞恩 |
[32:53] | Pretty amazing coincidence. | 巧合得离奇 |
[32:54] | How’d they miss this in ’85? | 85年的时候他们怎么没发现呢 |
[32:56] | Montgomery County and Philly | 蒙哥马利郡和费城 |
[32:57] | were like two separate countries, Scotty. | 就像两个独立的国家 史考特 |
[32:59] | So maybe Kip’s playing us | 所以 也许奇普以爱为借口 |
[33:01] | using love as a alibi. | 做不在场证明骗了我们 |
[33:03] | Let’s bring the math teacher in this time. | 这次把那个数学老师带来审审吧 |
[33:05] | See whether he likes our house. | 看看他喜不喜欢我们这里 |
[33:08] | This is wrong. | 你们搞错了 |
[33:10] | Why are you doing this to me? | 为什么要这么对我 |
[33:13] | – He’s excellent. – Sure you don’t teach drama? | -他太厉害了 -你确定你不是教戏剧的 |
[33:16] | I’m telling you the truth. | 我说的是实话 |
[33:18] | I didn’t kill Charlie. Why do you think that? | 我没杀查理 你们怎么会那么想 |
[33:20] | Well, cuz your precious cherry red mustang was car jacked | 因为在查理被杀的前几天 你宝贝的野马 |
[33:23] | a few days before Charlie was killed. | 就被抢劫了 |
[33:24] | So you knew exactly how to cover up a murder | 所以你很清楚如何掩饰谋杀 |
[33:26] | and make it look like a car jacking. | 让它看起来像是汽车抢劫 |
[33:28] | Was it spur of the moment, Kip, or premeditated? | 奇普 你是一时冲动呢还是有所预谋呢 |
[33:31] | I left Charlie at the Arbitrage alive | 我从”套利”离开的时候 查理还活着 |
[33:34] | and then I went to the train station jsut like I told you. | 然后正如我告诉你们的 我去了火车站 |
[33:36] | I believe you left the bar, Kip. | 我认为你离开了酒吧 奇普 |
[33:38] | Then you waited outside for Danville to leave. | 然后在外面等着丹维尔出门 |
[33:41] | Shot him twice and took off in his Delorean. | 给了他两枪 开走了他的德劳瑞恩 |
[33:43] | – No, that’s not what happened. – So what did happen? | -不 不是这样的 -那是怎样的 |
[33:47] | The night he was killed I, I kept at him. | 他被杀的那晚 我找过他 |
[33:51] | I confronted him one last time. | 我最后一次找他对质 |
[33:56] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[33:58] | We’re having a conversation here, Kip. | 我们正聊着呢 奇普 |
[34:00] | I’m not leaving till we talk. | 不和你谈谈 我是不会走的 |
[34:10] | What’s bothering you now? | 你现在为什么事烦恼呢 |
[34:12] | – If you won’t help Livermore.. – Get over Livermore. | -如果你不帮利弗莫尔 -别管利弗莫尔 |
[34:15] | At least tell me that the 50 thousand my mum invested, | 那你起码告诉我 我妈投资的五万块 |
[34:17] | you’re not gonna scam her too. | 你不会也想骗走 |
[34:19] | Your mum already received a return on her investment. | 你妈的投资已经收到了回报 |
[34:22] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[34:24] | Ask her. | 自己问她 |
[34:26] | Charlie, you’re really confusing me here. | 查理 你真把我弄糊涂了 |
[34:28] | Is, is my mother gonna get her money back or not? | 我妈还能不能拿回她的钱 |
[34:31] | No, Kip. | 不能 奇普 |
[34:32] | She’s not. | 她不能 |
[34:33] | But she’s my mother. | 但她是我妈 |
[34:35] | And she is not some stranger like Livermore. | 她不是像利弗莫尔那样的陌生人 |
[34:38] | I thought that you cared about us, I mean me. | 我以为你在乎我们 在乎我 |
[34:41] | I do, kiddo. | 我在乎你 小子 |
[34:42] | That’s why you need to listen to me very closely. | 所以你要仔细听好 |
[34:45] | This game ain’t for you. Get out while you’re still young. | 这场游戏不适合你 趁年轻转行吧 |
[34:47] | Go back to the sticks. | 回到乡下去 |
[34:49] | Become a librarian. | 做个图书馆员 |
[34:50] | Something more your speed. | 去做适合你水准的工作 |
[34:52] | You’re kidding, right? | 你是在开玩笑吧 |
[34:53] | I wanted to help you but you’re just not catching on. | 我真心想帮你 但是你自己不争气 |
[34:55] | – Charlie. – It’s over. | -查理 -到此为止 |
[34:57] | – No sale. – But I love you. | -交易结束 -但我爱你 |
[34:58] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[35:02] | So long, kiddo. | 再见 小子 |
[35:14] | I left there crying like a baby. | 我离开了 大哭了一场 |
[35:17] | Never saw Charlie again. | 自此再也没见过查理 |
[35:19] | Says you. | 只是你一家之言 |
[35:21] | I went to my mum’s. | 我去了我妈家 |
[35:23] | Like I told you. | 我都说过了 |
[35:25] | When it comes to alibis, | 母亲的不在场证言 |
[35:27] | a mother’s pretty close to worthless. | 基本无用 |
[35:29] | I can’t confess to a murder I didn’t commit. | 我没法招供没有犯过的谋杀罪 |
[35:32] | Why don’t you believe me? | 你们为什么就是不相信我 |
[35:44] | What are you doing here? | 你们来干什么 |
[35:45] | Kip’s in custody for murder of Charles Danville, Mavis. | 梅维斯 奇普因谋杀查尔斯·丹维尔而被拘留 |
[35:48] | Oh no. | 不 |
[35:50] | No, that’s not right. | 不 不应该这样 |
[35:51] | Kip did not do anything. | 奇普是清白的 |
[35:53] | We know about Kip’s car getting jacked. | 我们知道奇普的车被劫了 |
[35:55] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[35:56] | That doesn’t prove anything. | 这证明不了什么 |
[35:58] | So you knew about that, too. | 原来你也清楚这事 |
[35:59] | Well, of course I knew. | 我当然知道 |
[36:01] | Mavis, there are ways of tesifying that you could help Kip, | 梅维斯 你能作证帮助奇普 |
[36:03] | reduce his sentence. | 让他获得减刑 |
[36:04] | He seems like a decent guy jury will respond to that. | 陪审团会注意到他看起来像个正人君子 |
[36:07] | Seems? | 看起来 |
[36:09] | That boy’s an angel. | 这孩子就是个天使 |
[36:11] | All the same, he killed a man in cold blood. | 同时他还冷血地杀了一个男人 |
[36:13] | And left him to die in the road. | 把他丢在路边等死 |
[36:16] | That boy is an angel. | 这孩子真的是个天使 |
[36:18] | And, | 而 |
[36:21] | and Danville | 而丹维尔 |
[36:23] | was the devil. | 就是个魔鬼 |
[36:28] | I’m sorry, mum. | 对不起 妈妈 |
[36:30] | So sorry. | 我对不起你 |
[36:32] | I don’t care about the money. | 我才不在乎钱 |
[36:35] | I loved him. | 我爱他 |
[36:37] | I know. | 我知道 |
[36:38] | Mum, | 妈 |
[36:40] | I really, really loved him. | 我真的很爱他 |
[36:45] | You mean, | 你是说 |
[36:48] | you and him? | 你们相爱 |
[36:52] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[36:56] | God, he used me and spit me out like I’m nothing. | 老天 他利用完我 就把我一脚给踹了 |
[37:00] | He told me that I was… | 他说我… |
[37:02] | I wasn’t cut out for the business | 说我不是金融这块料 |
[37:04] | and just go back to the vegetable patch. | 说我应该回去弄我的菜园 |
[37:07] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[37:10] | It’s okay, baby. | 没关系 宝贝 |
[37:13] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[37:37] | Hello, Charlie. | 你好 查理 |
[37:40] | Mavis. | 梅维斯 |
[37:42] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[37:43] | Called the bar, | 我打电话给酒吧 |
[37:44] | made sure you were still here and sauced. | 确认了你还在这里找乐子 |
[37:48] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[37:50] | – You. – Again? | -要你 -再来一次 |
[37:54] | I didn’t give you enough of the workout the other night? | 那晚你还没爽够吗 |
[37:57] | Yeah. That was a business. | 是啊 那次只是个交易 |
[37:59] | You had to close a deal. | 你是为了做成交易 |
[38:02] | What, are you sore about the money? | 怎么 你是为钱恼火么 |
[38:03] | Forget the money. | 忘了那笔钱吧 |
[38:07] | I want you. | 我只要你 |
[38:11] | Look, Mavis, I’m a little tired. | 听着 梅维斯 我有点累了 |
[38:16] | I’m an adult, | 我是个成年人 |
[38:18] | I got no one but myself to blame | 我只能怪我自己 |
[38:20] | for sleeping with a cold blooded reptile like you. | 居然跟你这种冷血贱人上床 |
[38:24] | But Kip’s just a kid. | 但奇普只是个孩子 |
[38:26] | – He’s in his 20’s. – He’s a baby. | -他都20多了 -他还是个孩子 |
[38:28] | Look, why don’t you just put the gun away. Okay? | 还是把枪放下吧 好吗 |
[38:30] | We’ll talk the whole thing through. | 我们来讨论下所有事情 |
[38:31] | Sleep with a mother and her son? | 你居然跟母子俩上床 |
[38:34] | This is low as it gets. | 真是贱到家了 |
[38:36] | – Kip doesn’t have to know. – He’s never gonna know anything. | -奇普不需要知道 -他永远都不会知道 |
[38:40] | Just think you got what was coming to ya, | 还是想想你的下场吧 |
[38:43] | kiddo. | 小子 |
[39:28] | 歌曲:《慢慢长夜》 歌手:辛迪·劳帕 |